Windows Support Forum

unable to use bluetooth and wifi in sony vaio vpceh18fg

Q: unable to use bluetooth and wifi in sony vaio vpceh18fg

i am unable to open even bluetooth file suit and wifi.
In my vaio smart network just displays a blank screen with settings box highlited...no light lits when wifi button is enabled....

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/Free-Youtube-Downloader-Pro/3000-2071_4-75329731.html >youtube downloader</a>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-use-bluetooth-and-wifi-in-sony-vaio-vpceh18fg.1086432/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: unable to use bluetooth and wifi in sony vaio vpceh18fg

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N220E Laptop. It came pre-installed with Vista Home 32Bit OS. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 32 Bit OS. Before I upgraded, the bluetooth showed up in device manager, now it does not.
I looked on the Sony support page for Bluettoth drivers, but did not find any. When I look in system Info I find the device (BTHmodem Bluetooth Serial Communications Driver) But it is disabled. Can anyone help me on how to enable this driver?
Thanks

A:Bluetooth on Sony Vaio

Have you done anything with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-on-sony-vaio.107660/
Relevancy 81.7%

So I was having some serious Bluetooth Sony Vaio issues with my Sony Vaio VPCYB KD Canada so I decided to do the Sony version of a clean install Basically it takes all the software from a partition and makes your computer run like it's 'factory fresh' It fixed all my issues but for some reason my bluetooth has completely vanished Yes I've tried downloading the drivers from the Sony site but for some reason they won't appear It goes through the whole process and says it was successfully installed but in the program list it's not there Also it is does not appear in the Sony Vaio Bluetooth Device Manager list unknown or otherwise and there is no option to send files when right clicking them It is as if the bluetooth component of my laptop has vanished I'm completely sure it works as I was using it this morning Some software has gone haywire and it's driving me nuts Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Sony Vaio Bluetooth

Nevermind, there isn't a physical switch but when you download the SmartWi driver, you can turn it off and on virtually. By default, Bluetooth is off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/175032-sony-vaio-bluetooth.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have sony vaio e series sve14112en laptop running windows 7 home basic 64 bit. Due to slower performance I formated my laptop and re partitioned but my laptop doesn't show bluetooth. I downloaded the intel wireless adapter. Athroes wireless adaptor. Intel blueetoth driver and athroes bluetooth driver from sony vaio webpage. And installed. Wifi is always in turning on mode but bluetooth is not installed how can I fix it. Befor bluetooth and wifi both used to apear in a small tray at the bottom of right side in laptop screen. But wifi is always on there is no option to off and bluetooth is not available. Please help

A:bluetooth is not installed in my sony vaio

Hi welcome to the forum

do you have any yellow or red marks next to anything in device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/367980-bluetooth-not-installed-my-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok done a search of my keyboard problem and not found thesame as mine I am using a Sony Vaio inch touch screen all in one pc Model number SVL FGB the keyboard Model isVGP-WKB same Sony Keyboard connecting not Vaio Bluetooth model as the one in the link Sony Vaio Bluetooth Keyboard not connecting below http Sony Vaio Bluetooth Keyboard not connecting www ebay co uk itm UK-Wireless-Keyboard-VGP-WKB -Sony-SVL -series-desktop-p-n- - After five months of use the keyboard space bar was notworking on one side so I rang Sony up and they said to bring it in they sentme a replacement keyboard and I followed the instructions to a tee as toconnecting it to my pc but to no avail Checked that drivers where up to date and theyare so it says Typed in model number to download drivers forthe keyboard just in case windows was lying to me but its saying model is nolonger available from Sony site for both pc and keyboard Checked to see that the blue tooth devices wherelisted on my computer as up till I sent the keyboard away all had been workingas regards to connection - nothing was listed there Went to add a device manually this did notwork despite keyboard been detectable according to instructions Went to check that battery s where charged fullybefore I put them in suggested cause as to why they sometimes don t connect oninstructions put batteries in charger over night till I got a green light as Ihad not used them for a while and tried again still not working The pc still has the bit Windows Home premium OS on it that came with it but soon after I got the PC I deleted most of the Vaiosoftware one at a time to make sure nothing stopped working and used the Bluetoothkeyboard and mouse without a problem since even switching on and off a lot ofthe time and it still re-connected with no problem up till I sent it away I was told they would be totally replacing the keyboard ratherthan replacing the space bar so taking their word for it that it is a differentkeyboard Any ideas or help would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-bluetooth-keyboard-not-connecting.1104427/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have recently got a Sony VAIO and I dont no how to activate bluetooth on it, I no it has it because I have sent things from my phone through bluetooth before.
It seems to turn itself on and off and its not been on for a week, Ive only had the laptop 3 weeks so its still a bit new to me and inf inding things out everyday or so.
But ive took some pictures that I really want to print off, I dont have a USB connection for my phone either so I cant do that.
Can anyone help?
You will have to go through everything to get it on because im rubbish at instructions
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgn-ar61s-activating-bluetooth.738275/
Relevancy 79.98%

At the moment I'm looking after a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ GN with Windows Vista Business -bit preinstalled and am looking to in-place upgrade this to Windows Professional -bit Currently the machine has the Toshiba Bluetooth stack installed and Windows Upgrade Advisor says that Bluetooth Sony on Toshiba VAIO VGN-SZ48GN for some Bluetooth components it doesn't know if there is an update for Windows and for others that there is a quot free quot update available from the manufacturer quot Toshiba quot However I know that updates from Toshiba Toshiba Bluetooth on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN are free only for Toshiba laptops and Sony has no sight of a Windows driver anywhere I think based on the Toshiba Bluetooth on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN Windows Upgrade Advisor that I have version of the Toshiba Bluetooth stack currently installed Does anyone have any experience upgrading these VAIO machines to Windows Will Bluetooth work seamlessly after an upgrade or is there more to it Bluetooth is the only reason that I'm wary of upgrading to Windows otherwise the upgrade advisor gives a completely clean bill of health Any thoughts based on real experience appreciated Thanks

A:Toshiba Bluetooth on Sony VAIO VGN-SZ48GN

Bump - any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35152-toshiba-bluetooth-sony-vaio-vgn-sz48gn.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey friends. So my issue is my internal bluetooth radio is not being recognized at all on my computer. Device manager shows nothing having to do with bluetooth, dev manager has no yellow exclamation marks either, new drivers do nothing, new WIDCOMM software does nothing... I had my logitech MX-5000 desktop working perfectly in vista on this very computer with the internal radio. I upgraded to 7 and I've had this issue.

Sony VGN-FW480J
Windows 7 (upgraded from Vista to 7 via Sony's upgrade kit)

A:Bluetooth device not available on Sony Vaio FW-480J

Quote: Originally Posted by bentrice

Hey friends. So my issue is my internal bluetooth radio is not being recognized at all on my computer. Device manager shows nothing having to do with bluetooth, dev manager has no yellow exclamation marks either, new drivers do nothing, new WIDCOMM software does nothing... I had my logitech MX-5000 desktop working perfectly in vista on this very computer with the internal radio. I upgraded to 7 and I've had this issue.

Sony VGN-FW480J
Windows 7 (upgraded from Vista to 7 via Sony's upgrade kit)

Hi and welcome

If it worked on vista and is the same hardware it should work in win 7. More often than not it is the driver. What model radio, computer, 32bit or 64? etc

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42959-bluetooth-device-not-available-sony-vaio-fw-480j.html
Relevancy 79.12%

my sony vaio's built-in bluetooth is not working. im using windows 7 32-bit. what am i gonna do?? ( i already tried "services.msc" but still it is not working. im too desperate of fixing this thing. please help me

A:sony vaio's built in bluetooth not working with windows 7

Hello roxiedg and welcome to Seven Forums.

Before trying to add a bluetooth device in windows 7 there are a couple of things you need to do.

- Make sure that wireless is enabled on the laptop (my Sony has a switch on the front). Bluetooth is wireless and, typically, when that switch is turned off, all wireless is turned off as well including 802.11a/b/g/n and also Bluetooth.
- Make sure that any proprietary software you have that controls power or wireless function has Bluetooth enabled.
- You may also need to update the bluetooth driver for whatever device you're trying to install. I'd suggest the device manufacturer's web site.

Adding Bluetooth Devices in Windows 7

Bluetooth stack is not working properly in Sony vaio - Portable Devices

Let us know if this helps so others can benefit from your experiences.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/156122-sony-vaios-built-bluetooth-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i have a sony vaio laptop (vista) vgn cs118e and the problem that i have goes like this. WHen i am trying to access the internet using wifi, the laptop is able to see my wireless router. HOwever, when i try connecting to the internet, it always says connection error or something. Again, may laptop sees my wireless router and it shows that it is connected.

A:sony vaio wifi problem

would you post back the tests below - ipconfig /all, Ping and Xirrus

Do you have a firewall on the PC - if so try to disable that
Do you have wireless security enabled on the router - i would remove the security and see it now works ok
Does any other machine work OK with the wireless ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-wifi-problem.933257/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi

i have a sony vaio computer.yesterday just opened my laptop cleaned fan.then closed clearly.after i can't connect internet via WiFI but i can connect via cable.

my question is when i try to connect via WIFI it's say it's turn off.. how to turn on now?

A:how to turn on Wifi in sony Vaio

Do you have a physical button or switch on your laptop which you can push? Almost all laptops have this feature so that you can turn the wireless off.

If not then you should be able to force it by going to Start> Control panel

Once opened click on 'Network and Internet'

Afterwards, click on 'Networking and Sharing Center'

From here you want to click on 'Change Adapter Settings'

Now, right click on the wireless adapter listed and click on 'Enable'. This should enable your wi-fi card

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299255-how-turn-wifi-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Just bought a Sony VAIO TT series and was trying to get logged on to the MacDonalds Cloud wifi It took ages to go through the leaflet they provide and then I got the message network not available I had WIFI Sony on connection VAIO to do all the steps manually there was no quot wizard quot or automatic connection First time I've ever tried this When entering a wifi hotspot should the wireless network appear in Manage Wireless Networks This certainly didn't happen in MacDonalds My wireless switch on the laptop is turned to quot on quot but how do I know if it's working It seems ridiculously difficult to find a wifi connection Am I doing something wrong Does each hotspot need this complicated manual configuration The laptop works fine at home with a router and i also have a broadband quot quot mobile dongle which connects fine Also getting message quot Windows Media Player has stopped working quot Why How can I fix this The laptop is brand new by the way Any help much appreciated Advice in idiot format please for a non IT PC beginner thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/243051-wifi-connection-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently bout Sony vaio laptop , it came wid preinstalled windows 7 home premium OS.. But i din liked d os so i upgraded it to windows 7 ultimate... i copied all d drivers from window.old folder.. n everything is working fine except for wifi..
wifi drivers r availabl on sony vaio drivers section for 64 bit windows ultimate but none is working..
my wifi is off & i cant on it..
everything is fine except d wifi

Sony vaio drivers section is crap..installed evi available wifi drivers but of no use..

plzz help me..

Wifi is only working wen i restore my laptop in home premium version..

My Laptop model : SONY VAIO SVE 15118FN

A:Problem Regarding Wifi in sony Vaio laptop

d wifi network adaptor is displaying not connected.. had copied d wifi drivers frm windows.old folder & it got installed properly but still not working :-(

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286406-problem-regarding-wifi-sony-vaio-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Yes I cannot get my wifi light to come on can anyone tell me what all is it suppose to have on it for it to work like the software I do not have a control center or a smart networking utility what do I need

A:Wifi not working on my PCG-7F1L sony Vaio

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager, then click the + in:

Network Adapters

Other Devices

Advise what's listed in each heading and if any entries have a question mark( ? ) or exclamation mark( ! ) or X next to them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Click Start - Run, type in SERVICES.MSC and then click OK.

Scroll down to the bottom of the services list and confirm that

Wireless Zero Configuration

has its startup type on "Automatic" and shows its status as "Started".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Does your laptop have built-in wireless, or are you using an external wireless USB device or card device?

Recheck the model number. I believe it should start with VGN.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-working-on-my-pcg-7f1l-sony-vaio.967336/
Relevancy 76.54%

Okay so I have here before me a Sony Vaio NR series laptop It has a large problem The WiFi Doesn t work properly For some odd reason when you start it up in safe mode Sony series Vaio problem NR WiFi the WiFi works perfectly When you start it up normally you see Sony Vaio NR series WiFi problem the WiFi light comes on and it connects to one of the preferred networks like it s supposed to until about a minute later it turns off the WiFi light Sony Vaio NR series WiFi problem and disconnects from the network and will not find any networks When you click quot Diagnose why windows cannot find any Sony Vaio NR series WiFi problem wireless networks quot it says quot The Wireless Capability is turned off quot or something like that and says I should turn on the wireless switch However the wireless switch is already on I can flip it as much as I want it does nothing The light will not turn on again until I restart it only to have it do the same thing over again I know it s not a hardware problem cause it works in safe mode just fine So why doesn t it work in windows when it s started normally Help would be much appreciated I m pretty close to just reloading the operating system EDIT I have uninstalled and reloaded the updated driver software for the wireless LAN card no luck nbsp

A:Sony Vaio NR series WiFi problem

You also need to indicate more about your system specs to get any idea of the problem, like: What operating system and its release level? What is the make/model of the wifi card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-nr-series-wifi-problem.111463/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have recently had to do a re-format of hard drive and re-load system. Did not make any back-up discs. Purchased a new Windows 7 CD as other version OEM was lost with format. How do I update system with all necessary drivers...? How do I get driver for the internal wifi...? (The wifi only works if I use a plug-in usb item.)...
The only help I seem to get is with Driver Update Programs (that you have to pay for) great but, will this solve the problem...?

A:WiFi Driver on Sony Vaio VPCF11M1E - F Series

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Start here:

Sony eSupport - VPCF11MFX - News & Alerts

This is the Sony Support Site for the USA, so you may need to try a different region if you live elsewhere and double check I've used the correct model number.

You can also ask Sony to provide you with a set of recovery discs for your computer. Just tell them you were unable to create your own and they may not even charge you.

Pebbly's post below has the link for Sony EU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/188061-wifi-driver-sony-vaio-vpcf11m1e-f-series.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

A friend's netbook with Win Starter got a virus hard to remove so it's time to format and reinstall everything After reinstalling Win Starter -bit and properly validating it with the serial on the tag under the notebook which is strangely different from the serial I stripped from the registry updated everything installed and validated Office with original S N installed a few other essentials MSE Chrome Adobe Reader drivers from Sony website but NOT the bloatware programs -zip etc and installed linux in dual boot Connected normally to my home router and I didn't see any problems with connection netbook WPS on Sony problem Vaio no Intermittent Also, VPCM120AB. wifi dropping but wouldn't connect Intermittent wifi problem on netbook Sony Vaio VPCM120AB. Also, no WPS to my friend's wifi using windows - which is strange because it always used to connect to it with no problems and no other smartphone pc has problems connecting to it It would tell me quot wrong password quot as soon as I hit enter seemingly without checking wifi's password I had no problems connecting when booted to linux though Then I brought it back home reinstalled everything from the start re-updated everything etc While in windows the netbook disconnected once from my home's wifi and would show a quot red X quot over the network icon which I assumed to be because I was updating drivers installing stuff etc so I just rebooted and everything worked normally But this time win still wouldn't connect to her network despite linux would connect normally After fiddling with her router a little I did manage to connect to it by disabling WPS but now the wifi connection keeps dropping for no apparent reason and the quot red X quot over the networking icon shows and no wifi networks are shown To make matters even more strange I plugged an external usb-to-wifi adapter and it would work normally even when I had the quot red X quot while using the internal wifi board but iirc it still wouldn't work with the router when wps was enabled So WPS wouldn't work at all and internal wifi would fail sometimes which is solved by rebooting Even while internal wifi was on quot fail state quot external wifi would work normally not a hardware problem because everything works under linux I would assume this is due to some file corruption but it doesn't make much sense because windows should make some CRC check of its files when installed Win DVD is in decent condition altough not completely scratch-free just minor scratchs Tried to manually remove and reinstall the driver also downloaded a driver update from Sony's website but it didn't solve anything Checking on quot Administrative Tools quot I could see the log I've attached change extension to evtx It seems there's some problems with ODBC also some SQL query and sometimes the registry takes too long to update I have no clue what could be causing these symptoms and how they could be interfering with wifi though Any ideas Requests for more info Any clue on how can I get a new Win DVD preferably free since I already have the serial P

A:Intermittent wifi problem on netbook Sony Vaio VPCM120AB. Also, no WPS

Well, 22 hours waiting, guess now I can "up" this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245515-intermittent-wifi-problem-netbook-sony-vaio-vpcm120ab-also-no-wps.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a re-occurring problem with my 1year old Sony Vaio. When I switch it on, it often goes to a page where it says 'windows was unable to start'. When I press 'start windows normally' it starts up with vaio logo and sometimes windows logo, but then stops and redirects me to a page that is blue to check for problems, but stays on this for hours, never resolving the issue. I have tried taking battery out, booting in safe mode (which doesn't work) and using last known working settings, but still can't get to log in page. Am very confused, any help appreciated.

A:Sony Vaio unable to start...

Did it come with any recovery discs....it my have a recovery partition....access by tapping F10 on startup.

If it has a recovery partition and is working...if you choose this option it will ERASE all you data and put the PC back to when you got it.

so you WILL LOOSE all you data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-unable-to-start.1018867/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello!
I have just clean installed my Vaio after installing Ubuntu on it. But now the WiFi adapter is not being detected and I really need it to work!
I have tried looking for the driver on the internet and spent many hours trying to get it to work
If you are wondering when I look for the hardware Id it come up with these:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_E037105B&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_E037105B
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_0280

A:Sony Vaio Vpceh38fg after clean install WiFi adapte not being detected

Hi welcome to the forum

have you been here and download and install the atheros wireless lan driver? Support for VPCEG38FG : E Series (VPCE) : VAIO&reg Notebook & Computer : Sony Asia Pacific

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352187-sony-vaio-vpceh38fg-after-clean-install-wifi-adapte-not-being-detected.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Sony Vaio TZ GN It connect to unable TV (Sony Bravia) to Vaio only has one port for an external monitor -VGA I had it downgraded recently to XP because Vista Vaio unable to connect to TV (Sony Bravia) was painfully slow I installed all the drivers off of the Sony site and installed them according to the instructions and everything is working smoothly I have a Sony Bravia which has several HDMI ports and a designated PC in port VGA I bought a D-sub pin VGA cable and attempted to connect the two Tha laptop seems to acknowledge that a cable has been connected by the little recognition sound it makes when anything is plugged in however that s about all it does It doesn t recognize the TV at the other end nor does the TV recognize the laptop and displays a No signal when the input mode is switched to PC Pressing the FN F key brings up LCD only There is no option for any additional external monitors When I open up my display properties I can alter screen amp and expand desktop to this monitor - but that doesn t make a difference I ve tried changing the resolution but to no avail No matter what resolution I set it two they refuse to sync Am I doing something wrong Missing some special xp related driver Is it the TV Or is it just not possible to directly hook up a regular VGA cable and use your TV as an external monitor Any help would be greatly appreciated as Sony s support page is of no help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-unable-to-connect-to-tv-sony-bravia.880523/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a new Sony Vaio SVT ultrabook with GB HDD and GB SDD I am trying to reformat it but the drives come in some sort of RAID array and I cannot disable it When I try to reformat with windows I get quot No drives were found Click load driver to provide mass storage quot I deleted all data off the drives with gparted because I thought it might be the issue so now I can no longer boot into windows I can get into the command prompt with the recovery disk though When I boot into puppy linux - I can view both drives fine When I go to command prompt and go to Unable in Vaio RAID disable Sony to diskpart and type list disk I only can see my flash drive no hard drives are shown I know you can disable raid with Intel Rapid Storage technology but I can t run it since I can only boot into puppy linux There are no BIOS options that deal with RAID or SATA IDE The BIOS optios are very very limited on this laptop The only option I can think of is to unplug the drives and flash the BIOS but I d like to avoid doing that if at all possible since I d void the warranty Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-disable-raid-in-sony-vaio.1070072/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am facing a kind of weird problem!! My Sony Vaio was getting connected to my Home wifi network and I could access Internet without any problem. Its been few days now that I can't access Internet though it shows connected. It does connect with the Wifi without any issue and even show the full signal like before, but actually there's no internet access. No browsers (IE,Chrome,FF) load any webpage, no messengers work.
I am using Windows 8 Pro,
antivirus-Avast home edition
Vaio model-VPCEB1E0E
Can anyone please shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance

A:No Internet access in Sony Vaio though Wifi is connected showing full signal

Do you get internet access with an ethernet connection?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-in-sony-vaio-though-wifi-is-connected-showing-full-signal.1081577/
Relevancy 72.67%

I want to reset my system. But I am facing various issues.
No installation CD (though I can download), Sony has given many options to reset.
I am encountering problem of "Bootmgr is missing".
So help me to solve this issue without installation cd.
Thank You

Relevancy 72.67%

My PC is unable to detect Ghz band where rest of the devices at my home are detecting both the bands I have recently bought D-Link dual band router and installed at home Router is working absolutely fine because I could see my other laptop and Ipad are able to detect both the bands So that says there no problem with the router configuration Also in detect Vaio to Sony band 5Ghz Unable my PC the Unable to detect 5Ghz band in my Sony Vaio PC router which I have bought is recently released so there are no new updates are released yet As per the installation guide a supports Ghz and IEEE b g n supports Ghz My PC details Model Sony SVF A X an year old laptop Operating System Windows Pro Bit Network Adaptor drivers BCM Wireless Network Adapter Router Details D-Link DIR- L VER A wireless AC Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router The network Unable to detect 5Ghz band in my Sony Vaio PC adaptor which my laptop supports IEEE b g n i e Ghz I tried installing the Network Adapter drivers in compatibility mode but that doesn't help me at all to fix the issue Also I even had an assistance from Sony Customer support and spent few hours but unfortunately they couldn't fixed it When I cheked in Command prompt it says following thing Radio Types Supported n g b How should I upgarde network drivers to n a g b Please help me to fix this issue

A:Unable to detect 5Ghz band in my Sony Vaio PC

I think that the wifi adapter in your laptop does NOT support 5ghz. The adapter supports 802.11a which is a very old standard but it does NOT support 802.11ac which is the newest standard that supports 5ghz.

If you really wish to connect to your new router on the 5Ghz band then you could get an external USB dongle that would work.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53113-unable-detect-5ghz-band-my-sony-vaio-pc.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello. I have a problem with my Sony Vaio E-series laptop. It disconnects from my WiFi every time when I am in the middle of an online game. It does it sometimes while I am web browsing. I had Windows 7 at first when I had the problem. I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 to solve the problem, but the problem still comes along! I have the evaluation copy of Windows 10 and it runs pretty well. This problem has started in the beginning of the month of July 2015. Can anyone help me solve this? I tried reinstalling the drivers and disabling and re-enabling the adapter but nothing works. I also tried resetting the adapter by using the wireless toggle switch on the lip of the laptop and it turns back on. But I still need to know why it disconnects when I play games or searching the web. Thank you!

A:Solved: My Sony Vaio E-series disconnects from WiFi Network while playing online game

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-sony-vaio-e-series-disconnects-from-wifi-network-while-playing-online-game.1151760/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a SONY Vaio laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Edition. It has worked well, if slowly, but yesterday, when I tried to enter my password to access the desktop, the following message appeared: "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I use a numeric password and NumLock is on.

I'd appreciate advice about how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 71.81%

I m trying to fix a Vaio to crashing, Constant reinstall unable Sony Windows Sony Vaio Desktop VGC-RB G for a friend This is the first Sony PC I ve ever dealt with and I m realizing that they make it very difficult to do a complete windows reinstallation So far I ve learned that they do NOT offer a plain reinstallation cd but rather a set of Recovery discs which will only restore the system to quot factory quot condition with all the junk on it Anyways the original problem with the PC was that Constant crashing, unable to reinstall Windows Sony Vaio it often had the BSOD error Page Fault in Nonpaged Area So without any recovery discs available I used the F option at bootup to get to the Sony Recovery Constant crashing, unable to reinstall Windows Sony Vaio Partition to restore the C Drive to factory Constant crashing, unable to reinstall Windows Sony Vaio condition However after completing this process steps - the BSOD error stopped but instead Windows would repeatedly crash and give the quot Windows has recovered from a serious error quot message when it restarted with files being the culprit which were located in C Documents and Settings Username Local settings Temp WER Mini dmp and also the sysdata xml file which is located in the same directory Instead of deleting those folders I tried using the Recovery Partition to once again restore the C drive thinking the original restore did not work properly but I couldn t even get through the second restore process because of the constant crashing which has gotten even worse Now I can t even get into Windows because the Restore process did not complete and I m actually in a worse position than when I started Is this a hard drive failure If I obtain a set of recovery disks from Sony can I expect to be able to reinstall Windows without the crashing Should I delete the mini-dump and sysdata folders and if so can I do it without booting up to Windows Any help will obviously be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Constant crashing, unable to reinstall Windows Sony Vaio

Hello marchettik84.
Please, do not delete your mini-dump directory. This is important diagnostic information.
It appears that you are not able to boot normally; Can you boot to safe mode?
To enter safe-more, use f8 as soon as you power-on; keep pressing until you get a screen offering you boot options.
The options will include...
safe-mode
safe-mode with networking
etc

Choose Safe-mode.

Once you have booted to safe mode, make a copy (preferrably zip up to 5) of the most recent files from the Windows\minidump directory.
And post them here from another machine.
We can analyze your dumps and try to help you solve the problem.
Without more information, we cannot tell if you have
a hardware issue, or
an application issue, or
a driver issue, or
a corrupted windows installation.

Hopefully, the minidumps will help to pinpoint the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-crashing-unable-to-reinstall-windows-sony-vaio.152477/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
i have sony vaio vgn-cr313h, for last 3 years its worked fine. but from last 2-3 months it automatically powered off suddenly. so i took it to a repair shop they fix the problem and installed new bios of different model number and serial number.

Now, if i m trying to access sony vaio recovery center via f10 key during boot and selecting recover c drive option then it gives an "Error: model number could not be found error code 94." and failed to recover from recovery partition.

i want to know how to access hidden partition so that i can install my original windows vista with all its drivers and software.

thanks

A:Sony Vaio VGN-CR313H: Unable to access recovery partition

Hello vijaysharma and welcome to Seven Forums.

Are you sure you still have the hidden recovery partition on the hard drive? The repair shop could have erased it. I suggest you open Disk Management and look for a recovery partition. It should be about 10 - 15GB in size. If you're not sure you could post a screenshot of the expanded disk management window.

How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

If no recovery partition exists the only other way to return you rmachine to factory specs would probably be by using recovery disks (a set of DVDs created by you at time of purchase or bought separately from Sony.) If the recovery partition does exist please post back. If it hasn't been damaged or corrupted it might be able to be accessed through Start > All Programs > Sony Vaio Care > Recovery or perhaps by using a live Linux CD like Ubuntu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241800-sony-vaio-vgn-cr313h-unable-access-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I need help trying to recover my PC which started acting strangely earlier this evening..error message displayed saying hard drive error and windows shutting down..restarted but just a black screen with a flashing white cursor that disappears after a few seconds...don't know if this has been caused by a virus or it's a genuine hard drive failure....hope someone out there can help me!!!

A:Black screen/ Unable to recover system..Sony Vaio

Hello,what is your Operating System?? XP,Vista etc...?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450677/black-screen-unable-to-recover-systemsony-vaio/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all I have a brand new Sony S Series SVS X that I recently bought and it came with Windows I removed the internal HDD and replaced it with a fresh Samsung Series Gb SSD The SSD is recognized as it show in BIOS I'd like to install Windows Ultimate bit onto it I have an ISO image of the Windows installation DVD disk and created a bootable USB installation flash drive I followed the instructions to modify it so that the UEFI Bios will recognize it I alsotried installing it directly from the Windows installation DVD the laptop also has a DVD drive In both cases I'm unable to install Windows a message shows NO Operating system to Need Vaio 64bit Windows Sony Laptop in 7 install help/Unable found I tried changing the Need help/Unable to install Windows 7 64bit in Sony Vaio Laptop UEFI boot option in BIOS to quot LEGACY quot and the installation will proceed but it will install Windows bit and not bit I spent hours making all kinds of mods to the USB stick without success I'd appreciate any suggestions Thanks

A:Need help/Unable to install Windows 7 64bit in Sony Vaio Laptop

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals, if you want to install in UEFI mode follow Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7.

If not, boot into BIOS setup to enable Legacy BIOS if present. Next check BIOS Boot order for an EFI Boot Disk and if present remove it, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267955-need-help-unable-install-windows-7-64bit-sony-vaio-laptop.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Recently I had some issues with my Sony Vaio and found bad sectors within my HDD, and in doing so had a new HDD installed by technicians and my user profile transferred to my new HDD, but since receiving my laptop back I am now getting crashes after a couple of hours of extensive use where BSOD appears for a mere second before attempting to reboot but failing to find an operating system. From here I must power down my laptop forcefully then reboot again before it will find an OS. How do I stop these crashes from occurring?

Added an attachment of the dump Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382399-bsod-unable-locate-operating-system-sony-vaio-e-series-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop with wifi support that is inbuilt or = Sony P5E3 laptop Asus problem on Wifi + Laptop motherboard Vaio Deluxe onboard I already have a Asus P E Deluxe motherboard at my home with ram gb gtx card and a quad core processor Now I connect this pc with a broadband connection at home running mbps speed This motherboard also has a wifi onboard connection What I Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop am trying to do is setup this wifi connection so that my laptop can also connect to the internet wirelessly For this I have installed the wifi driver of Asus something called Asus WiFi-AP n software and configured it with giving it a proper connection name and a password I have successfully done all the wifi network setup wizard on the pc and it is working well Now the problem is that my laptop is able to find this wifi connection but after sometime it gives an error saying to troubleshoot network connection and the wifi network disappears from the laptop and again i Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi problem on laptop have to search for this wifi network and the cycle continues Similarly when I am trying to connect my Nokia e mobile phone with the pc via wifi my phone is able to pickup the wifi connection and sometimes it is able to connect to the internet and I am also able to browse different websites but sometimes it gives me a gateway time out error So can anyone tell me how can i connect my sony vaio laptop to the internet wirelessly by using the Asus P E Deluxe WiFi-AP n connection Also if possible then please let me know how to connect my phone as well which is a secondary question Thank you in advance Note that - The operating system that I am using on my pc with Asus P E Deluxe motherboard is having Windows XP installed on it and on the sony vaio laptop windows is installed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-asus-p5e3-deluxe-motherboard-wifi-problem-on-laptop.955799/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been trying to send music to my phone, via wifi, bluetooth cannot be display and cannot send. Please find solution for me.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/unable-to-send-music-to-phone-through-WiFi-no-bluetooth/td-p/5791266
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia 55" tv and I tried connecting to the wifi both auto and manually, but no luck. It shows connected but without Internet access. Am able to connect to other devices with this wifi connections. I did check the ip settings too. Please help. Thank you !

A:Sony tv 55" unable to connect to wifi internet

Hi

Is it a smart tv?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-tv-55-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-internet.1142490/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
My main laptop (Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG) in the last week just stopped accessing the internet via WiFi.
It says it has Limited Acess but I have no idea how to fix it.

The other 3 computers in the house (Custom desktop, Toshiba Net book, Samsung Laptop) can all access the internet as normal.

It is only the Sony that is being problomatic.
It is also running rather slow for the spec so that may be related.

Please help! I am not super computer savy so please give simple instructions.

Cheers

GTNeil

A:Sony Vaio Laptop "stopped" connecting to WiFi connection " Limited acc

Hi,

My name is Riyaz and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I May be able to provide you with a Resolution. Please post the Specifications of this computer. Mainly the Wireless Card and the Type of Operating System your using.

Regards
Riyaz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236639-sony-vaio-laptop-stopped-connecting-wifi-connection-limited-acc.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Folks, This is my first post. so go easy on me;-)

I switched on my PC after 1 year of no use(apple imac distracted me for a while).
The message "operating system not found" appears when it boots up. I put in the Sony Recovery disk, bit it could not read it. As Sony didn't provide a spare copy of XP, how do I get back up and running? Do I have to change the motherboard battery? any advice much appreciated.

I Hope you Christmas is Merry and peaceful.

Cheers,
Dryfly

A:Sony Vaio Desktop PCV-RX305 Windows XP now missing, no disks supplied by Sony

Call Sony Tech Support if you are the registered owner or buyer. They will provide a disk set for a small fee ($27) for six years after purchase, or until they run out.
Your only other choice is to buy the disk online at some place like ebay, or buy Windows Home (still available for $82) or Windows XP Professional for $135.
The motherboard battery should not be bad, but if it is, you can get a replacement (CR2032) at Wal-Mart ofr $3.67 or on eBay for $2.58.
The recovery disk may be good, and it is your optical drive that has gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-desktop-pcv-rx305-windows-xp-now-missing-no-disks-supplied-by-sony.140193/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'd like to reinstall Windows 98 on a Sony Vaio N505VE, but it requires a Sony CD drive. When I purchased the laptop 4 years ago, it came with a Backpack CD-Rom Drive. A few months ago, I researched online and I seem to recall a website that gave instructions on how to reinstall Win98 without the Sony drive, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
Lisa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-requires-sony-cd-drive-to-reinstall-win98.141896/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Guys
i have SONY VAIO VPCEB4C5E,
After Having Liquid Spilled on my Screen, it was not working for few hours,
then i tool to local repair and they did it worked, so everything is working fine. However i doubt that, when i press Power Button, it tooks about 7-8 seconds to start loading SONY LOGO and then WINDOWS 7 comes up, as i remember, Before it got spilled, and prev time, on pressing power button, it was loading LOGO immediately max 1-1.5 sec, i'm afraid.

This is happening at shutdown as well, after pressing shutdown, firstly a Black screen appear for a few seconds and then my vaio is shutting down., I guess there is something changed in Bios, maybe by Local repairers.

Please be advised, Thanks, Levan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-slows-at-start-up-before-sony-logo-loads-653161.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi Guys
i have SONY VAIO VPCEB4C5E,
After Having Liquid Spilled on my Screen, it was not working for few hours,
then i took to local repair and they did it worked, so everything is working fine. However i doubt that, when i press Power Button, it tooks about 7-8 seconds to start loading SONY LOGO and then WINDOWS 7 comes up, as i remember, Before it got spilled, and prev time, on pressing power button, it was loading LOGO immediately max 1-1.5 sec, i'm afraid.

This is happening at shutdown as well, after pressing shutdown, firstly a Black screen appear for a few seconds and then my vaio is shutting down., I guess there is something changed in Bios, maybe by Local repairers.

Please be advised, Thanks, Levan.

A:SONY VAIO Slows At Start Up, Before SONY Logo Loads.

If I'm understanding correctly, your Vaio is taking about 7-8 seconds longer to start. At shutdown you're getting a black screen and it's taking a few seconds longer than what you're used to. But is everything else in between (opening programs, searching on the internet, etc) working OK?

If it is, my first reaction is to say don't worry about it. I have a VPCEB47GM and it takes about 10 seconds for the Sony logo to appear and about 50 seconds total to be able to use Windows 7. On shutdown I usually get a black screen for about 5 seconds but the rest of the shutdown process takes about 30 seconds to finish.

Do you know what your BIOS settings were before you took the machine into the repair shop? If you do, you could compare them to how the BIOS is set now. But if you don't know how the BIOS was originally configured, I wouldn't be changing anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237958-sony-vaio-slows-start-up-before-sony-logo-loads.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there,

I am using a Sony PD 170 DV camcorder hooked up via 4 pin firewire to a Sony Vaio laptop. I am also using Avid Composer video editing software. The problem is that I can see the video from Avid in the viewfinder but it freezes in the viewfinder even though it is playing on the computer. This is preventing me from outputting a project. Do I need a driver for this camera?

Thanks,
Paul

Relevancy 61.92%

This is the first time contacting Sony support. After waiting for over 1/2 hour, finally a person comes online. I spend another 20 minutes giving him name, address, etc and then I find out that it is "paid support".

After an online chat and trying to contact Sony support, maybe the only solution is to trash the Sony Notebook and buy a Dell. Does Dell still provide support?
The problem is "no sound from the computer". I have spent 4 hrs this morning downloading and checking for updates to all the sound drivers.

Any suggestions?

A:No sound Sony Vaio and No Sony Support

I hear the same complaints from Dell users on the Dell forum and from users of other brands. They are all equally lousy on support or want you to pay for it. e.g. "software" support on a Dell is separate from any warrnty or maintenance contract which only covers hardware. You get "free" software support for the first 30 days only.

Back to the sound problem. We need more info to try and assist. e.g. what sound do you have (if you know), etc. You didn't fill out all the needed System Specs. What have you tried? e.g. have you checked the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel to see if your "speakers" (sound card) is set as the default playback device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/165429-no-sound-sony-vaio-no-sony-support.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My Laptop Model : HP Pavilion 15-ab267cl  My Sony Bluetooth Head Set model:  Sony mdr-zx330bt I am not able to connect my bluetooth Headset to the Laptop. IN bletooth devices it's not detecting my headset

A:laptop Bluetooth is no detecting my sony bluetooth headset -...

Hi, You have to allow your Sony is discoverable. How ? Please check its manual. Normally it MUST have a blue button to press. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/laptop-Bluetooth-is-no-detecting-my-sony-bluetooth-headset/td-p/5741017
Relevancy 61.49%

I just set up win 8 on my computer and was going thru the process of connecting my bluetooth mouse and my bluetooth keyboard. My mouse connected automatically, no problems. When I went to connect my keyboard I got the usual prompt asking you to enter the code, but the code was not accepted no matter how many times I tried. I know for a fact that this keyboard works, because it works fine on my Win 7 OS on the same computer. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9903-bluetooth-issues-sony-bluetooth-keyboard-vgp-bkb1.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Noticed how my laptop freezes once in a while. I have 2GB of memory and I only have a web browser open and a word document. yet it still freezes for a bit... Then it will come back. Any ideas?

TIA
Mike

A:Win 7 on Sony SONY VAIO VGN-NR123E

Hi mcastill66, welcome to the forums, make sure all your drivers are up to date , also when was the last time you cleaned the fan inlet and exhaust apertures , a quick burst of a can of compressed air works wonders

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95584-win-7-sony-sony-vaio-vgn-nr123e.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I have a XPS i QHD purchased refurbished from rd party recently installed clean W The Dell tool indicates to me that I should be installing Network Driver WD T WN A EXE Installing I get failure log at the bottom Via Device Manager as mentioned the WiFi adapter under Network is not there scanning for hardware changes does not help I have tried manually installing inf files but I don t get any options under quot Model quot when nbsp I try to install it through legacy hardware I m starting to think nbsp the Wifi Bluetooth component is either faulty or entirely missing from the vendor nbsp I have not opened it up and wouldn t know how / WiFi in Drivers not Device Manager, install WiFi can't Bluetooth to diagnose this myself WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers I ve attached a separate wifi dongle which works as does connecting to Ethernet via nbsp a USB adapter Any other ideas of what it could be Thanks --- nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers N A miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x WiFi / Bluetooth not in Device Manager, can't install WiFi Drivers C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers N A nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe quot vLOGFILE quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp quot quot nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver WD T WN A DUPECF tmp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp ASCII payload log file detected nbsp Installation log file for quot DW WLAN Card quot Log Starts on Date - - Time GetOSInfo Detected Windows GetOSInfo Product Type Business PreInstallSetup Using ini file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp A - D - -BF A- F F DD B - - -BC -A BF bcmwls ini Using inf file C Users Yegor AppData Local Temp BcmWLSetup Drivers WinThresh WL bcmwdi inf Installation root C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card OEM is Dell Driver interface is PCI HW detection for installer ResultCode Hardware id is not found in driver inf Either the device is not present or the device is not supported InstallShield script aborting Entering function CreateEventLog Exiting function CreateEventLog Log ends on Date - - Time nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp logo png nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver WD T WN A txt nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp Update Package Execution Started nbsp Original command line quot C Users Yegor Downloads Network Driver WD T WN A EXE quot nbsp DUP Framework EXE Version nbsp DUP Release WD TA nbsp Initializing framework nbsp logo png nbsp User Command attended nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C NEWFOL miniunz exe nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C Users Yegor DOWNLO N EXE -o ... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963521
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently, my computer has been using way more memory than it should be using. When I first boot up and just have a couple applications open its already using 4 gb. And since this has been happening I've noticed significant drops in performance, especially playing games.

I took screenshots of the amount of RAM it said I was using and then the list of the all the processes it said I had running. I added up all of the list and it was 2,137,406 kb when on the performance window it said I was using 5.46 gb so I don't know where that additional 3.36 gb is coming from.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/382905-sony-vaio-z-using-too-much-ram.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got a sony vaio from a friend of a friend I glady accpeted it because my motherboard in my regular laptop has a short in it somewhere so until I raise the funds to replace it I wanted to use this one Well the laptop is perfect for Sony Vaio my needs but Sony Vaio she got it from an international student who is no longer in the country The laptop displays both Chinese and English languages Thankfully the system files are in English Anywho the reason for this is because I want to factory reset the system I am a admin on the system but I cannot access the partition for the reset I tried using the edit boot options f but all I get a input prompt I do not know what to do from there ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- no execute optin partition hard disk path windows system winload exe ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have also tried the Sony Vaio recovery Sony Vaio software but can only revert to a previous point Please advise me Sys Specs Sony Vaio VPCCW fx OS Win not sure if this is ultimate or not There are three partitions one has no assigned letter I think this is where that factory reset is located I have included a screen grab of that

A:Sony Vaio

The following may help, https://www.docs.sony.com/Release/VGNT300series_Recoveryguide.pdf .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500677/sony-vaio/
Relevancy 55.47%

Need help rebooting ny laptop but I dont know my account administrader password help me pliss

A:sony vaio

We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek.This article describes the Microsoft policy about missing, lost, forgotten, or incorrect passwords...Microsoft support engineers cannot help you retrieve passwords of files and features in Microsoft products that are lost or forgotten.Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwordsYou can refer to these Microsoft articles.Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft:How to log on to Windows XP if you forget your password or if your password expiresForgotten your Windows XP Home password? - Part 1: IntroductionForgotten your Windows XP Home password? - Part 2: Using a password reset diskForgotten your Windows XP Home password? - Part 3: Setting a new password as an administratorWhat to do if you forget your Windows password in VistaWhat to do if you forget your Windows password in Windows 7Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Guides:How can I reset the administrator’s password if I forgot it? Password Recovery Tools for WindowsWhat can you do if you forgot your Windows XP administrator password?I Forgot My XP Administrator Password!12 ways how to reset the Windows administrator password – Windows 7, Vista, Windows XPReset Windows Vista administrator password in safe modeLost Administrator Password in Windows 7 or VistaHow to Reset a User Account Password in Vista or Windows 7How do I Log on to my Windows 7 computer if I forgot my passwordPassword Recovery Tools:Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (ONTPRE) - How To Recover Passwords Using ONTPREUltimate Boot CDPassword Recovery Tools by NirsoftProactive Password AuditorCain & Abel Password RecoveryHow To Reset A Forgotten Root Password With Knoppix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540676/sony-vaio/
Relevancy 55.47%

Help he if you can pls i got a sont laptop model number VGN-NS E but wouldn't boot up It come with no windows DVD but did have the product code on the back on the laptop and was running Vista Pro So i bought an upgrade disc of window genuine copy The problem is that when it booted up there was partitions one saying OEM approx Gb and the nd saying Partition two showing Gb i Vaio Sony tried to Sony Vaio go over the OEM windows and it wouldn't allow me as it said that the folder was corrupt This is now where i realy made a big boo boo i removed all the partitions and had just one big hard drive Now when i try to install Win i click install now it put in the first part of installing windows where a 'tick' shows up beside it then when it goes to the next part expanding Windows Files it just sits at have left it for about hours and nothing so i turned it off and started again but it just does the same thing Any help guys i would be greatly appreciative Thanks Paul

Reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

While in BIOS setup, set SATA controller to AHCI to try install.

Next wipe the HD of any corrupt code: Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command
DISKPART At PC Startup

Boot the Win7 DVD, choose Custom install, create your partition(s) as desired, format to try install.

Next: Unplug all other HD's and peripherals. Remove all but 2gb of RAM to try install.

If these fail: test your RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Test your HD with maker's diagnostic/repair CD extended scan: HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/162114-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone.

Ive got a problem, I own a Sony Vaio FXA36 laptop, and i recently installed Windows 2000 on it (rather than the factory XP) Now it wont correctly manage the power. (It wont wake up if you set it to Sleep or close the LCD)

Sony Does not Support Win2000 on the FXA36, so they are no help.

Does anyone know of a Driver out there that would fix this?
(Im sure i had one but now cant find it)

Thanks Alot-

(I also posted this in The Windows 2000 section, but its now been burried there, with no answers, i thought someone might be able to help me over here, Thanks Again)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-fxa-36.83188/
Relevancy 55.47%

can anybody help me,i've inherited a vaio laptop,the problem is the previous owner has tried to roload xp on it but it has only part loaded and has errors on loading,does anyone know how to wipe the hard drive so i can reboot xp on it.i didnt get any discs with it.What i need is for someone to explain how to clean the hd,the system is full of errors and wont start properly,i have a recovery disc off another laptop but the sony wont do anything till i clean the hd.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Everyone....Happy New Year!

My Vaio started going to safe mode after "recovering from a serious" problem. I got the dreaded blue screen telling me the video display hardware/software was acting up.

I was not able to boot up without Cntrl-Alt-Delete!

Now, she will not boot up one last time so I can dump my HD of some much needed data.

Is there any way to tell if I can replace the ATI 9200 card or....is this one terminal?

I need one more boot. For now, it will not even light up the screen.

Thanks! Brent Coleman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sony-vaio-on-the-last-leg.532103/
Relevancy 55.47%

i have a vaio desktop on windows XP with two disk drives a C and a D, the C is the main one. I want to run a recovery which will wipe Didk C. I am just wondering if the content on D will b removed aswell?

thanks james

unplug D to make sure
the recovery should not erase any info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-105623.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My pc is a black page, with operating sistem not found. It's Vista.
I can do nothing to open it
What can I do.
I have de cd for the recovery

thank you
Brijou

A:my pc vaio sony

Operating System not found means hard drive error. Some spots on the HD cannot be read during bootup.

Here's how to boot up your system using Linux to rescue data:

Go here to download Ubuntu 10.04 ( There is a newer version, but I am going by my existing setup, so follow along and choose 10.04 ) http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/lucid/ Save the iso file.

Then download ImgBurn from here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Install ImgBurn and run it.

Choose "Write Image to Disc"

At the top of the Imgburn window, where it says "Source" click on the folder with maginfying glass icon; Then navigate to where you saved the ISO file.

Then click on the bottom area of the window depicting hd write to CD.

That should create the CD.

Now you want to boot with the CD on your PC. Check your BIOS so that it chooses to boot using the CD first. You are looking for the Boot menu, boot priority, or something along that line.

Once you boot into Ubuntu, pull down the Places pull down menu. Choose the ## GB Filesystem. That would be your hard drive. You will be able to see all folders in your drive. Now copy off the files you want to a USB memory stick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-vaio-sony.1128142/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I have a sony vaio, and i think that mistakenly i have deleted the program that reads the cds, because now when I enter a cd, it does't read it, as if it wasn't there.
I don't remember the name of the program,
does anyone knows if I could download it somewhere?
thank you

A:Sony Vaio cd

Hello Nesiha

1 Do you get an error message?
2 Did you just install/uninstall any propgram recently?
3 Does the CD/DVD drive appear in "My Computer"?

4 Also have a look in Device Manager for any yellow errors beside the CD/DVD drive
Right click My Computer/Properties/Hardware/Device Manager.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-cd-401481.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi i m a new member i just started like mins ago but anyway here s my problem My brother was going into my program files and he started deleting stuff because he felt that the computer was slow After going through a restart of the computer i found out later that all my icons were removed with the exception of the recycling bin Also when i go into start and try to go into alll programs i am unable to but when i go into my computer i found out that i can still see my files however my TEMP file is missing and i dont know what to do After trying to do a system restore it says that there are no restore points so i say wtf After trying to do a system recovery it says that a recovery partion is missing After trying to download an update for the system recovery it says that the temp file is missing On top of that my computer is unable to play cd s dvds because the drive is broken What can i do T T System help Vaio Sony specs Type Sony Vaio ModelCG-FRV Age - years MAX if anything else is needed please tell me also help would be appreciated as this is not MY computer rather my father s and i would be Sony Vaio help responsible Thanks Sony Vaio help New member Chaosleada nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-help.585074/
Relevancy 55.47%

Its a newer computer PCV 1122
With this error on boot up.

INF File txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 14
Setup cannot continue press any key to exit.

If you do it just reboots right back to this point.

The owners of the computer tell me that on the harddrive is the restore.
Can't get to this.

Or what should I do or try with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio.494716/
Relevancy 55.47%

How can i remove both side panels on a sony vaio to remove the existing DVD drive to install a new DVD drive.

all you have to do is open one panal (the left one), unscrew the drive, remove cables and pull it out from the front

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio.191063/
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently installed a WD Caviar SE 160 GB Hard Drive into my 6 year old Sony Vaio PCV-RX560. I removed the shunt per the directions for a single drive and the BIOS for the hard Drive is on auto. I was able to utilize the orig. system recovery software to reinstall XP home. My problem is this: according to the properties option for the C drive, the size of the hard drive installed is 8GB. I believe this is a minimum defaultsize. Does anyone know what to do to fully utilize the new 160GBHD. I hope this makes sense - My computer skills are, to say the least, lacking.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hd-in-sony-vaio.100507/
Relevancy 55.47%

ok i have a sony vaio model: VGN-FW139E. it is a 32bit and its a little slow and seems to be messed up, my problem is i try to fix a problem by downloading something then in turn get another problem how do i clear out the junk that messes things up...also, is my computer compatable with windows 7, will windows 7 fix anything...thank you i know nothing about computers lol

A:sony vaio Help!!!!

Originally Posted by davidguy

ok i have a sony vaio model: VGN-FW139E. it is a 32bit and its a little slow and seems to be messed up, my problem is i try to fix a problem by downloading something then in turn get another problem how do i clear out the junk that messes things up...also, is my computer compatable with windows 7, will windows 7 fix anything...thank you i know nothing about computers lol

It is win 7 compatible. Best way to get rid of the junk. do a clean install of win 7. I have been using it for almost a year and love it

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257766-sony-vaio-help.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This pc is a 2007 just so you know but every time i turn it on i see the images below. This is before it even loads from the hard drive. I did do a complete reinstall because i got in from another guy but it gets stuck in the process where it says (Preparing for windows to start for the first time). Though this might be a bios issue but the bios is super basic please help?

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/img0025ls.jpg/

and
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/img0026bzp.jpg/

Relevancy 55.47%

my computer has never recognized a cd when i insert it in my f drive. i have no icon.what should i do

First check to be sure the cable inside the computer that goes to the CD ROM is seated in the CD ROM properly. If it is loose this will happen. If it is a new system with a seal you may have to take it back to let them check. Also the BIOS may not be set up to recognize the CD ROM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio.86248/
Relevancy 55.47%

Can you plz tell me how to set up the fax plz
I have a lexmark printer and would like to set them up
thank you

A:Sony Vaio Fax

What Model is the Lexmark printer?

Do you have an installation CD for the printer? What is the version?

Is the printer software already installed on the PC?

Is there a phone line connected to the printer?

Does the telephone line come straight from the wall to the printer?

Has the telephone line already been tested with a telephone to make sure you have a dial tone on the line?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223867-sony-vaio-fax.html
Relevancy 55.47%

left room and returned to find screen black (not blue). Tried reboot, removed battery and replaced and tried reboot. Nothing.

Relevancy 55.47%

My SONY VAIO, PCG-NV100P, cannot turning on, how about that? The fan and the power lamp indicator doesn't turning on too.

A:Sony VAIO

Sounds like a dead power supply. Can you get your hands on another one to test?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio.361333/
Relevancy 55.47%

hello does anyone know what programs i can remove to make my computer faster a bunch came with this vaio Click to DVD Menu Data CLICK to DVD DSD Direct VAIO Sony DSD PLayback Plug in HDAUDTIO SodtV Fata Fazx Modem Sony VAIO with Sony VAIO SmartCP High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB Image Converter Plus InterVideo WinDvD for VAIO IrfanView LiveUpdate Symantec Corporation Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft Sony VAIO NET Framework Hotfix KB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB NVDIA Drivers OpenMG Secure Module Protector Suite QL Roxio DigitalMedia Audio Roxio DigitalMedia Copy Roxio DigitalMedia Data SigmaTel Audio SonicStage SonicStage Mastering Studio SonicStage Mastering Studio Audio Filter SonicStage Mastering Studio Custom Preset SonicStage Mastering Studio Plugins Sony MP Shared Library Sony Utilities DLL Sony Video Shared Library VAIO Breeze Wallpaper VAIO Camera Utility VAIO Central VAIO Entertainment Platform VAIO Event Service VAIO HDD Protection VAIO Light Flo Wallpaper VAIO Media VAIO Media AC Decoder SonicStage Mastering Studio VAIO Media Interfrated Server VAIO Media Redistribution VAIO Original Screen Saver VAIO Original Screen Saver VAIO Cozy Screen SD Wide COntents VAIO Power Management VAIO Registration VAIO Security C enter VAIO Support Central VAIO Update ireless AN Setup Utility VAIO SurveySA nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello i have a new Sony Vaio not sure model running vista basic i think just bought last christmas Two days ago i was playing a game as usual then it just out of the blue started to shut down and install the regular updates displaying Sony Help Vaio of regretably i held down the power to shut it down immediately I restarted it and it started to boot normally until Sony Vaio Help the after the windows sign appears it goes to installing updates of stays for about - mins then says shuting down then does so and restarts and completes the process over Im not sure why i had the random crash maybe the game in the first place but im thinking the boot files were messed up when i held the power key because it says please do not shutdown when its installing but ive tried just about everything i know to do which is just trying everything in the boot menu the ONLY way i can actually boot up which is in safe mode is like quot boot recovery seystem quot or something like that in the advanced boot mode options which is pretty much the only thing that works AT ALL the only other thing that seems to work is going into that blue screen where i can set a system password or change the boot order where i think is where you start the recovery discs which i do not have But getting into the recovery safe mode thing i tried to system restore to an earlier date the recovery process takes place normally until i get to finalizing recovery process then it just sticks I left it overnight tonight and was still running an hour after i got up i exited it and it restarted again re-doing the regular process where it gets stuck and restarts again so restoring is out the windo also I ve seen some other responses to sort-of-similar solutions to my problem One was to update some graphics or video drivers or video card I don t think thats the problem because i have to have Preety good graphics hardware to play that certain game and the computer is relatively new Another was on this sight about partition driver or something whatever that is but i cant boot upp to get to the start menu so thats out the window i guess dont have recov discs anyway But thats about it I really need help because although i was playing the game i also need the computer for work over the weekends and is the only means of having a computer at home for me I dont have a warranty and dont really have the money for the recovery discs If really needed i can get the discs but i would like to find another solution I wont be here at the office over the weekend but will check back here monday Thanks for all input Sorry its so long nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

To start i apologize if this in in the wrong section Right i have just signed up after hours looking on the internet to still be out of luck on fixing my laptop I got a nd hand Sony VAIO PCG- M from a friend so i was in Sony VAIO the stage of cleaning all the data off from the laptop selected quot restore factory settings quot but now everytime i turn the laptop on Sony VAIO i get a black screen with quot Operating System Not Found quot My friend did not have any form of recovery disk or Windows disk only otherthing apart from the laptop itself is the charger What can i do to get the laptop back up and running Any help is greatly appreciated thanks Edit To add i have clicked the F key until i get quot Edit Boot Options quot clicked Enter and then get the VAIO Care Rescue screen I have try to start recovery but it gets to and then stops nbsp

A:Sony VAIO

Recovery typically doesn't work at all without the recovery discs.

At this point, I'd suggest purchasing the retail version of the OS of your choice, and installing fresh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio.1023009/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just got a sony vaio for my schooling. I am going to be an "animator" if fate sees it fit. I wanted to see what you guys thought about it! the "pros & cons"

It is a Sony Vaio VGN-ZS110
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2400 @ 1.83GHz
1.83GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

That is what it said in the "system properties"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio.48675/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi ya'll I am having an issue doing a bunch of stuff on my computer ever since I installed a fresh version of Windows on my Sony Vaio VGN-SZ N It used to run Vista from the factory Once I installed the fresh copy Di Sony Vaio of Windows all the SONY functions that came with the computer have gone to lt expletive gt I keep tapping my mouse button when i am typing thus making the cursor go random places and my text to appear in these random places Sony Vaio Di I can't adjust the brightness of my screen in control panel power options My Fn keys are not working The thumbprint fingerprint reader doesn't work I have gone to the Sony site and there's just a plethora of stuff there to download and I really don't know what needs to be downloaded for the full functionality of the laptop or even if it's the right downloads since I am now running Windows and all that bloatware was made to run on Vista http esupport sony com US p model-home pl mdl VGNSZ N amp LOC downloadTab this link is all the drivers exe's and what not for my specific laptop running Vista I know I need Shared Library and Setting Sony Vaio Di Utility Series Software These Sony Vaio Di are the two links for the Windows versions of it http esupport sony com US p swu-download pl mdl VPCZ CGX amp upd id amp os group id http esupport sony com US perl swu-download pl mdl VPCYB KXP amp upd id amp os group id I am very confused and don't know what needs to be downloaded first since WIndows already downloaded a bunch of driver's and they all work fine Can anyone help me out Thank you in advance

A:Sony Vaio Di

Go to Sony eSupport, select the version of Windows 7 you installed (32-bit or 64-bit) and install all of the drivers listed there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574962/sony-vaio-di/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi, im an IT support technician i got a sony vaio pcv-w2 computer in (its like a pc/tv) anyway the hard drive had failed, so i put in a new drive and installed xp home, but im having real trouble finding the drivers for it (sony cleverly put these on a hidden partition on the hdd abd dont supply a cd).

i downloaded a file called pre- installed drivers from the sony vaio website for this model(most unhelpful support site ive come across in my 2 and a half years as a techie) but the multimedia video and audio drivers and an unknown device are still not installed, ive tried a number of different drivers witch i thought will have solved the audio but no luck,

has anyone got one of these who could email me the drivers? it would be much appreciated,

cheers
Dave

A:Sony Vaio pcv-w2

of the drivers are not available from the Sony site a bit of detective work is needed.

Down load Belarc advisor and run it on the Sony to obtain the detailed list of contro;;ers and bus adaptors you have. If you can't download, down laod ir elsewhere and copy it over.

Once you have the definition and manufacturer of the adaptors check which ones are not installed.

Go to that manufacturer's web site and locate your chipset and download their generic drivers.
Sounds too easy - it has taken a week to get the Sony drivers I need having gone from xpmce to xp pro.

If you post the adaptors I might be able to help with locating generic drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-pcv-w2.625548/
Relevancy 55.47%

Does anyone have any experience of the above computer?
I have one that won't boot into windows, I have gone through the recovery process and gets part way into booting into windows and then reboots itself. I have tried reloading Windows Xp on its own and again it reboots at the same spot.
I have fitted some new memory but this made no difference, this model seems to be a bit of a hybrid as it uses some laptop parts and some desktop parts. I suspect repairing it will be expensive, does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Sony Vaio VGC-M1

Have you tried removing the memory that you added to see if that helps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgc-m1.58479/
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recovered my sony vaio xp home edition 2002 and cant update to service pack 2 then 3, and cant update to windows explorer 7 or beyond. Cant use update site. enabled auto updates but have not recieved 1 update. what can I do?

A:SONY VAIO XP SP2

You need to install all the updates before installing SP2 or 3 or go here here to download them yourself then install them. How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sony-vaio-xp-sp2-639500.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i have a sony vaio that is refubished i have also put vaio sony some new hardware in tne comp such as video card pny geforce gt also gig of ram also a desktop pci card by belkin now the problem is that before i did this i had went to office depo an had a free pc check up an they said that my video driver was mess up an that my ethernet was old an i needed a new one the reason i had went to them is that my monitor will not come on an i have other pc an that monitor worked on them so once i did all this the com work very good then when i went to sleep an woke up the next morning turn on the cpu everthing came on but the monitor said no in put signal so i check sony vaio it with the other pc again an it work so i took the video card back an got a new one the same model then i put it back in the com an the same thing happen again so i talk to the tech at the store he said that sounds like my power supply die or my motherbroad he was leaning towards the power supply so i got a coolmax v- an put that in an still the same thing so i would like to know if anyone can help me with this problem nbsp

Did the machine work after you added the new hardware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio.866440/
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I fix this. I have scanned the disk and did a memory test and all came back normal.

I can't boot in to safe mode, it just loads the files then stops.

The last file it loads is CLASSPNP.SYS, then it stops.

How can I fix this!!
Thanks!

A:**Need Help!! BSOD Sony Vaio**

It would help if I knew what happened just before the crash. Did you download something? Did you add or change something? Did you turn the power off without shutting down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143004-need-help-bsod-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi been searching for days to try and fix this, had to do many reinstalls of OS as i didnt do things right,

My Vaio come with windows vista but ive lost the recovery disks and had to install windows 7 as it was the only OS i had on disk,
My volume FN keys work but not anything else like brightness, also my mouse dosent scroll down like it use to..

heres my Sony Vaio drivers page

VAIO : Sony Europe

Can anyone help me install the drivers? which ones i need and what order, any help would be great thanks.

A:Sony Vaio VGN-NS20E/S FN help

Hi mxn, here is a link to the ftp site ,you will find the drivers for the mouse [Alps touchpad driver] and also the Sony control centre software ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/VAIO/WIN7UPGRADE/

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/100150-sony-vaio-vgn-ns20e-s-fn-help.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Sony Vaio NS and I wanted to upgrape to Windows 7 RC Build. I was wondering would I have to install any drivers since I am upgraping and not clean installing? Thanks in advance.

A:Sony Vaio NS drivers?

It is possible some of the drivers will not work for windows 7, in that case you would need to install compatible drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8640-sony-vaio-ns-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Thinking about popping windows 7 32bit on this laptop, it has vista at the mo and as we all know vista was..... not the best.

Is any one aware of any potential issues i may come up against?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-CS33G

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums: I would suggest running Windows Upgrade Advisor first. This should give you an idea of any possible issues.Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64072-sony-vaio-vgn-cs33g.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey there So last week i was watching season of Supernatural again on my Laptop a Sony VAIO vgn-fj Its got GB HDD GB DDR RAM VAIO dying? Sony x a pentium M processor clocked at GHz when all of a sudden Sony VAIO dying? it just froze up on me The HDD sensor light stopped blinking and remained on continuously I thought that it might have been a virus Sony VAIO dying? or something so i tried to get into the start menu so that i could turn on kaspersky and check it for viruses But it never turned on It would go to the Windows XP screen with the scrolling bar and after a minute or two i d get the blue fatal error screen i then tried to log into it under safe mode and with the last working configuration but to no avail The laptop just kept going into a continuous loop and the blue screen would not stay on long enough for me to see the exact message Now heres the worst part I m living temporarily in Bangladesh and i dont trust the service people here I can take the RAM and Sony VAIO dying? the HDD out of it but thats about all im willing to do by myself I then inserted the recovery disks i made when i first bought the laptop and reinstalled windows and all the drivers the lost data was pretty useless i had just copied the important stuff into my PC a few days before So after installing nothing more than the OS XP Home and the drivers from Sony i restarted it It took minutes i counted with a stopwatch from the moment i pressed the on button to get to the desktop After a few more restarts i got the fatal error again I then took it to a computer shop as i didnt have any other option They kept pushing me to buy a new HDD but their approach seemed pretty sleazy to me Later i found out that they usually dont know whats really wrong and are in it to rip people off I went home and decided that i would try a few things before i decided that i would need to buy anything So i borrowed an XP Professional cd from a friend i installed XP on a Gb partition out of the total Gb and it ran fine XP loading times were very short and it seemed to me that the problem was solved i then went on to downloading the sony drivers and installing them everything was going fine until i started to install some other software I made the partition in the first place because i wanted the OS to remain on its own partition to see if anything went wrong then Until then the only problem was that chkdsk kept on appearing at startup and if i let it start the scan it would hang at percent completed and stay that way indefinitely I could otherwise run it without allowing the scan to continue i was installing Microsoft Office on the second partition but it kept on encountering an error and wouldn t finish the install Later windows media player stopped working with the encountered an error and must be shut down dialog box So then i installed KMPlayer another media player but nothing would run on it It froze again so i manually rebooted it Again it got stuck in a fatal error boot cycle So i tried the same format and install thing again this time with a Gb partition for the OS This time it ran much faster and everything seemed to be fixed The chkdsk problem remained but it went to about percent then hung so again i had to run without letting the chkdsk scan the hardrive at startup It wanted to scan everytime i turned it on Otherwise it ran fine i even went as far as putting some of my old music into it and playing it while doing other work I installed office and it worked perfectly then i tried installing a Vista Inspirat theme i downloaded and had used before after the install i rebooted the pc and the welcome screen was gone it instead looked like the welcome screen from windows so i uninstalled it and rebooted the pc Again the blue screen cycle started Till then i havent tried anything else the only thing i noticed was that occasionally there would be a pretty loud click from the HDD area but it didnt happen all the time and it definitely wasn t predictable it just seemed like... Read more

A:Sony VAIO dying?

it seems that, your HDD needs to be checked for errors. and don't forget to check the RAM too. for HDD, you can use the MHDD tool, and for RAM, use memtest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-dying.115912/
Relevancy 55.04%

Window ultimate hi need help SONY VAIO GVN-I recenty updated my lap top to Window bit updated the BIOS and updated drivers my lap top does not turn on when I shut it down and let it rest for a long GVN-I SONY VAIO problem period it is like it gets lost in the lupe It turns on when i power it down then power up i again and windows starts fine However when it about to go into sleep mode it says windows recoverd from an unexpected shutdown sometime it goes into a loop from power off and powering on I spoke to a sony represetative and from remote access he made sure y drivers were updated I have done some reading and it looks like it might be a driver issue i want to find out what is causing my pc to turn off while it powered on and what is stopping it from starting when i press the on button S Attached Files - - zip KB

A:SONY VAIO GVN-I problem

Quote: Originally Posted by Elimercy

Window 7 ultimate

hi need help,
SONY VAIO GVN-I recenty updated my lap top to Window 7 32 bit updated the BIOS and updated drivers. my lap top does not turn on when I shut it down and let it rest for a long period, it is like it gets lost in the lupe. It turns on when i power it down then power up i again, and windows starts fine. However when it about to go into sleep mode it says windows recoverd from an unexpected shutdown.... sometime it goes into a loop from power off and powering on . I spoke to a sony represetative and from remote access he made sure y drivers were updated. I have done some reading and it looks like it might be a driver issue ... i want to find out what is causing my pc to turn off while it powered on and what is stopping it from starting when i press the on button.S360

Attached Files101110-20389-01.zip (133.4 KB, 1

Video driver and many old drivers.

1-remove and replace video driver
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
2-update drivers list
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Code:
e100b325.sys 0x87c00000 0x87c23800 0x00023800 0x3f68ab98 9/17/2003 14:44:40
aeaudio.sys 0x8d3e8000 0x8d3ff940 0x00017940 0x3f981b23 10/23/2003 14:17:07
ativvaxx.dll 0x82350000 0x823de8a0 0x0008e8a0 0x4063990f 3/25/2004 22:44:31
ati3duag.dll 0x821f0000 0x82340b20 0x00150b20 0x40639adf 3/25/2004 22:52:15
ati2mtag.sys ati2mtag.sys+bc9f 0x87f31000 0x87ff3000 0x000c2000 0x40639b5e 3/25/2004 22:54:22
ati2dvag.dll ati2dvag.dll+21e78 0x9c800000 0x9c866000 0x00066000 0x40639b73 3/25/2004 22:54:43
smwdm.sys 0x8d30a000 0x8d39f800 0x00095800 0x4076d239 4/9/2004 12:41:29
tifmsony.sys 0x883d5000 0x883e4e00 0x0000fe00 0x40ae4e99 5/21/2004 14:46:49
VSTICH3.SYS 0x8f01e000 0x8f063000 0x00045000 0x44983300 6/20/2006 13:40:16
NETw2v32.sys 0x8d03e000 0x8d2be000 0x00280000 0x45ee1eac 3/6/2007 22:08:44
SFEP.sys 0x8d2c6000 0x8d2c8480 0x00002480 0x46b2bec8 8/3/2007 01:36:08
SonyPI.sys 0x8d2c2000 0x8d2c5980 0x00003980 0x46b2bff4 8/3/2007 01:41:08
VSTCNXT3.SYS 0x8f165000 0x8f21a000 0x000b5000 0x48f68ad9 10/15/2008 20:29:13
VSTDPV3.SYS 0x8f063000 0x8f165000 0x00102000 0x48f68b84 10/15/2008 20:32:04

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117607-sony-vaio-gvn-i-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
My Sony vaio laptop keeps freezing, sometimes even before I can log on.
I am constantly having to shut it down by pressing on the off button.
I have ran virus scans and even then it freezes but its not a virus.
Any help would be appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-keeps-freezing.1159292/
Relevancy 55.04%

VAIO SLOW MOUSE and Graphics Problems SONY VAIO F SERIES Personal I VAIO series SONY F have some experience with computers not to say i know nearly anything I have taken a few ROP computer service and networking courses which help with understanding the basics I have had this computer for under a year Problems - Inconsistent Mouse lag delay of - seconds on a click - Programs lag inconsistently - Problem SONY VAIO F series with certain movies and games will not run smoothly -Will power down on random does not happen to often anymore Current Status - Drivers are Updated - Device manager shows no errors - Currently using avast and malwarebytes and should have a virus and malware free system Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version SONY F SERIES -OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit -Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping -Processor Count -RAM Mb -Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb -Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB -Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO -Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Conclusion These problems may be hardware related but i have had no physical damage on this laptop Now if it is a software issue i would love some help even a link or an material i could read I would love to have this laptop running at its peak seeing as its expensive and pretty new I really need it to work smoothly for school right now i depend on this laptop for a majority of art and design projects I have used this site before and you are all extremely helpful Not to be all mawkish but volunteer service like this helps more than anything Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-f-series.1073775/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I have this epic piece of junk Sony Vaio Problems Vaio with Sony New laptop brand new that I am helping a friend set up There are a couple of blaring problems Things seem to freeze up at times I can't click at certain times and the biggest issue is that the system appears to hang and or go at an EXTREMELY low Problems with New Sony Vaio speed during certain functions One example is Windows Update I'm quite familiar with Windows Update on XP I've never used Vista but I would think it would be similar I've never seen Problems with New Sony Vaio updates take this long and these aren't large updates either This screen had stayed like this for almost minutes No movement on the progress bar whatsoever Eventually it starts up and will finish but it takes FOREVER http i photobucket com albums p pia DSC jpgThere were other updates too that were rather small under mb that just froze for Problems with New Sony Vaio an eternity before finishing at best going VERY slowly I'm talking having to wait minutes for updates that should have taken minutes Some of the updates required a restart at which point I could have written a couple of novels by the time it finally booted into windows after various reboots and a strange screen I have never seen before black dos like screen with escalating counting numbers with file names This computer is brand new right out of the box from Comp USA It looks very cool but performs like crap Could this be a lemon I've never had a brand new computer act like this yet I've never used Vista - so I'm not sure what to think Here's just a few of the many errors I'm getting Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOMDate PMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer Sederia-LaptopDescription DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sederia-Laptop lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt WSearch lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name SystemSource Microsoft-Windows-ServicingDate PMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel ErrorKeywords ClassicUser SYSTEMComputer Sederia-LaptopDescription Windows Servicing failed to complete the process of changing update WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-sl-SI-LP-Toplevel from package WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux Feature Pack into Absent Absent stateEvent Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Servicing quot Guid quot bd f b -fc - a -a -b a a c quot EventSourceName quot Microsoft-Windows-Servicing quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Sederia-Laptop lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt UserData gt lt CbsUpdateChangeState xmlns quot http manifests microsoft com win window... Read more

A:Problems with New Sony Vaio

Being a new system, you've got to be aware of the warranty, and of the time lost attempting to fix the issues (plus any time it may be out for repair).

So, my suggestion would be to backup any information on the system and proceed with a restore of the system to factory specs.
This will tell you, in short order, if the problem is hardware based or software based (the warranty covers hardware).

If the restore doesn't fix it, this indicates that the problem is most likely in the hardware. Then, either send it in for service or exchange it for a new one (depending on the reseller's return policies).

If the restore does fix it, then there's a software issue that will have to be troubleshot if it recurs.

FWIW - my experience with Sony laptops is that they are very good computers - but every once in a while a lemon will slip through and it's a genuine pain to fix it and keep it fixed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214890/problems-with-new-sony-vaio/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi i have a new month old Sony Vaio running windows there is very little on it only some pictures i do use it to surf the web Vaio Sony Slow mostly today it has started to go Slow Sony Vaio really slow can anyone help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C ProgramData Ad-Aware Browsing Protection adawarebp exe C PROGRA AD-AWA AdAware exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files x PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrvEx exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x MetaTrader at FOREX com terminal exe C Users Trader Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http safesearchr lavasoft com so retb amp v amp u EE F B BD D DC C B C R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Ad-Aware Security Add-on - c a e- - - af- aa d bf c - C Program Files x adawaretb adawareDx dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Ad-Aware Security Add-on - c a e- - - af- aa d bf c - C Program Files x adawaretb adawareDx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField WOW TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Bing Bar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BingExt dll quot file missing O - BHO A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-sony-vaio.1074930/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Sony Vaio PCV W500GN1. I have heard of alot of computers with the same problem. After turning it on for about 5-10 minutes, it shuts down for another hour. What to do? the fans are all working

Relevancy 55.04%

I was working on an email Saturday when my Sony Vaio stopped working & flipped over to the black & white Vaio screen. Since then, I've been able to reboot it once, but it flips right back over to the Vaio screen. At one point, I was able to get to the Advanced Boot Options menu by hitting F8. I tried to restore to the last known good configuration. It got to the Windows logo screen, then went back to the Vaio screen, then went to the "Operating System could not be found" screen.

The computer has a One Touch Web Access Without Booting Up feature. Interestingly enough--it's working. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Anything I can do to avoid having to reinstall Windows & losing all my data?
Thanks!
Jen

A:Win 7 Sony Vaio has amnesia

You can try to do a Startup Repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-sony-vaio-has-amnesia.1074641/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been having problems with my Sony Vaio VGN-AR605E laptop recently. Had it for a couple years no problems, switched from Vista to XP about a year ago, no problems there. Recently it's been freezing up whenever I try to play any game, or run a program (ex:Windows 7 upgrade adviser, Warcraft 3, Fallout 3). It also freezes up when I try to add music to my Itunes library. Sound still works and I can still move the cursor on screen. Nothing works but turning it off manually then turning it back on. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

Sony Vaio
XP Professional SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.8 GHz
3 Gbs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

I run rightmark CPU clock utility just to tweak power levels and keep the computer a little cooler, but that shouldn't be causing the problem.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-freezing-up.141498/
Relevancy 55.04%

So, I'm selling my Sony Vaio CS118. I thought it would be a great idea to "Wipe and Erase" the C drive via Sony Recovery.... and then restore it using the Recovery DVDs I made. This may or may not have been an idiotic idea.

Anyways, when I restart the comp, of course it says "Operating System Not Found." I insert Recovery Disc 1, and after a few minutes the Sony Recovery Software loads up. There are two options: Restore C Drive, and Completely Restore C Drive. I have tried both, and when I click for it to Start, "Error 403" pops up.

What do I need to do to recover?

A:Sony Vaio restoration

Restore Disks that came with Computer I would expect.. if you have one (or more.) An Error 403 is an HTML Issue with some web-pages..... so... try ordering disks from Sony. An also... try selling it without an Operating System. So people can choose, you know. Vista isn't the best operating system ever.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261118/sony-vaio-restoration/
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop is about four years old, I think I've damaged the graphics card by leaving it on my bed whilst running a game (stupid I know). The graphics card in it is an ATI Mobility Radeon X600.

The problem is that the backlight on my laptop no longer works. The laptop turns on, and if I shine a torch or light of some sort onto the screen I can see the Vaio sign and the box to type in my system password, so I figure the graphics card does still sort of work. I don't really know, I'm not that Laptop Savvy.

Help?

If possible, could you e-mail responses to me please at [email protected]

Cheers.

A:Sony Vaio VGN-A317B

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/ ...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgn-a317b.700218/
Relevancy 55.04%

I tried booting in safe mode but could not be repaired. I have the recovery discs and win 7 repair disc but don't know how to run them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-will-not-boot-on-sony-vaio.1053212/