Windows Support Forum

Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

Q: Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

Hi I amp m trying to work out how I can look at one column in a spreadsheet and display the text in another field but without a load of blank cells in the results column Let me give you an example On Sheet In column A are road names In column B the number of building on that to from multiple one data column 2010 Excel columns separating road In column C the last date and work was doneon the road In Column D is an IF formula thatbasically gives a result of Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns or On another sheet I want four lists Sheet In column A is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column B is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column C is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column D is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D I can do this with a simple IF statement in columns A B C amp D on sheet and drag it down but there are a couple of problems with this method If the value in sheet doesn amp t match I get a blank cell on sheet as there should be but this leaves a large number of cells with no value I need a list in each column A B C amp D onsheet without any blank cells I amp m going to be pasting different data into columns A B amp D on sheet a number of times and the number of rows in will be different each time I remember seeing something before thatinvolved using the IF and COUNTIF function in a formula but not sure how Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

should be able to use an array formula - so use control + shift + enter key and the formula gets { } brackets

Code:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$14[COLOR="Red"]=1[/COLOR],ROW(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(F$4:F4)))
where you change the red =1
to =2, 3, 4 for different columns

does that work out

see attached

if it works we can extend the range and cleanup the errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-separating-data-from-one-column-to-multiple-columns.1090901/
Relevancy 86.18%

Utilizing MS Access, is there a way to separate alpha characters from numeric characters in one field/column & create 2 separate fields/columns for each, e.g., HRES4212 to HRES [field 1] and 4212 [field 2]? I am familiar with "text to column" in Excel, but it's very laborious if the number of alpha characters is not consistently 4, as in the example above, e.g., RLC22, EWP1312, etc.

A:Separating data in one column to multiple/separate colummns

andyshaffer,

Welcome to the forum. Below is some code that I found. It's for Excel though and not sure if it will work with Access.

Code:

Sub extractnumbers()
Dim RegExp As Object, Collection As Object, RegMatch As Object
Dim Myrange As Range, C As Range, Outstring As String
Dim x As Long
For x = 1 To 2
Set RegExp = CreateObject("vbscript.RegExp")
With RegExp
.Global = True
If x = 1 Then
.Pattern = "\D"
Else
.Pattern = "\d"
End If
End With
Set Myrange = ActiveSheet.Range("a1:a2") 'change to suit
For Each C In Myrange
Outstring = ""
Set Collection = RegExp.Execute(C.Value)
For Each RegMatch In Collection
Outstring = Outstring & RegMatch
Next
C.Offset(0, x) = Outstring
Next
Set Collection = Nothing
Set RegExp = Nothing
Set Myrange = Nothing
Next
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/separating-data-in-one-column-to-multiple-separate-colummns.1043659/
Relevancy 80.91%

I have a large excel file (3k= rows) of name/addr info. I want to transpose the date so information appears in its own column for sorting, etc. The problem is the data is not consistant. (sometimes there is two address enteries, sometimes three. In another record there may be two phone numbers. So each company may have six or seven rows of info. The only consistancy is that the company name is in bold. I've tried to attach a sample file so you can see what my task is. I'm not real good with Excel, so treat me like a dumy; it's OK.
I really appreciate the help.

Bill

A:Transposing column data into multiple columns

Bill, that was an awkward one, but I think this does what you want.
Just click on the "CommandButton1" and watch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transposing-column-data-into-multiple-columns.722519/
Relevancy 80.6%

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns. What I want to do is, I need to be able to find value in column 3, that corresponds to a value in column 2. The value in column2 should match the value in col 1.

Example

Input Data
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------2------A
2------7------B
7------1------C
5------9------D

The result should be
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------1------C
2------2------A
7------7------B
5------9------D
Please help me.

Relevancy 109.22%

Hi all,

I have an excel sheet attached as an example. What I want to do is
take the data in each column and put them together into one
column.

In my attached excel sheet I would like to have the data in each
column look like this in one separate column each line for example 1-72-bk-1803

any help is appreciated....thanks

A:Excel question: how would you connect data in defferent columns into one column?

In E1 enter
=A1&"-"&b1&"-"&c1&"-"&d1
copy down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-how-would-you-connect-data-in-defferent-columns-into-one-column.934495/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi,

I was hoping somone could please help me out.

I have an excel spread sheet with a lot of data in columns which i need to convert into rows. The problem is one column contains over 10,000 rows of data... thus making it too hard to transpose manually.

I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet (condensed version) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how i can achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks very much,

Ray

A:Move alot of Data from Columns Excel 2010 - too big to transpose

I'm sorry to say that this is pretty much impossible as far as I can tell because there simply isn't enough consistency in your layout. If all rows were there and in order it would be easy enough.
As they aren't, one would need to inspect the titles to put them in the right place, but your titles don't always match either. For example your second "Telephone" entry is actually titled "Clinic Mobile", which the computer justly sees as very different indeed.
I'll try to help if I can, but you'll need some point of consistency if you want computers to automate a process. If it helps, here's a copy of my spreadsheet that inspects the titles (on sheet 2). If there are only a few problematic titles it might be easier to correct them manually (or use search and replace).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-alot-of-data-from-columns-excel-2010-too-big-to-transpose.981919/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi all I have a spreadsheet that holds sports results based on age groups The age groups are in one column stored as U B U G U B U G U B U G which is the age B or G boy girl The results are in another column stored as whole numbers I am trying to find a formula that will allow me to sort on the first column in the order shown above and then on the second column in descending order and then bring back the other data like the name example Child A U B Child B U G Child C U B Child D U G Child E U G would be returned as U B Child C U G Child D U G Child B U G Child E U B Child A I know I can use a manual sort but I was hoping to automatically put the results in a separate sheet in the correct order Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Excel - function to sort multiple columns of alphanumeric data

You could easily enter in this formula:
=IF(LEN(B1)=3,LEFT(B1,1)&"0"&RIGHT(B1,2),B1)
(where the three data columns are just A, B, and C) so that you get - instead of U6B, for instance - U06B. This allows you to sort correctly by age.
If you want it copied and sorted to another page like that, you really need a macro/VBA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-function-to-sort-multiple-columns-of-alphanumeric-data.933917/
Relevancy 96.75%

In Excel 2007, I have a spreadsheet with 14 columns. Twelve of the columns contain categories of data that correspond to the entries in the other two columns. I need to change the list so that each item/amount in each category occupies its own row, as follows:

Eg.

From this:

col1-----col2-----category1-----category2-----category3-----etc... up to 12 categories
aaa------bbb---------------------$55
ccc------ddd------$44--------------------------$66
To this:

col1------col2------category------amount
aaa-------bbb------2-----------------$55
ccc-------ddd------1-----------------$44
ccc-------ddd------3-----------------$66
I know how to do this manually, but it needs to be done frequently on many different sheets. So, I need a way to do it automatically.

Many thanks for your help
jeannie

A:Excel macro - change column data to multiple rows

I have your data mapping from A:N to P:S, with no headers. In case that's wrong, make sure your work's saved before trying this.

Sub test()
LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LastRow

For Each Cell In Range("C" & i & ":N" & i)
If Cell <> "" Then
DestRow = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(16)) + 1
Cells(DestRow, 16).Resize(, 2).Value = Cells(i, 1).Resize(, 2).Value
Cells(DestRow, 18) = Cell.Column - 2
Cells(DestRow, 19) = Cell.Value
End If
Next Cell

Next i
End Sub

HTH (welcome to the board)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-change-column-data-to-multiple-rows.992235/
Relevancy 93.74%

I sure hope someone can provide or direct me to the formula to accomplish the following in Xcel I have a singe sheet consisting of rows of data in columns A person has been maintaining this and we are about to convert it to cvs and install a text file in a CGI Perl program to run on a web site For some unknown reason the person who started and has been maintaining the file has set it up In combine Solved: to Need one into rows columns I multiple multiple column containing Xcel, so that the first Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column columns contain data that should be all in one column Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column Here is an example a ham radio call we will say is WW XXX In the first column A row he has entered the prefix quot WW quot in the second column B row he has entered the call district quot quot and in the third column C row he has entered the suffix quot WWW quot I have inserted a blank column quot D quot I can combine for example A B and C with the simple formula A amp B amp C placed in D No problem Now the problem and I m sure you all ready can see it I need to do this with all rows It certainly SEEMS logically that I should be able to accomplish this but durned if I ve been able to do it I have Googled I have Jeeved it you name it I ve tried it I have found some quot close calls quot that almost answer it but not the real answer Obviously I can do this times manually but I d rather find a simpler answer if there is one Blessings to anyone who can provide me with the answer This by the way is for a non-business non-profit amateur radio related web site I have no problem converting the Xcel file to the necessary text Fortunately he didn t use any commas in it Anyone have an idea Thanks much Alabama Ron nbsp

A:Solved: In Xcel, I Need to combine multiple columns containing multiple rows into one column

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-in-xcel-i-need-to-combine-multiple-columns-containing-multiple-rows-into-one-column.475772/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a list of 39525 emails in column A and a list of 19909 emails in column B. If an email exists in column B that also is in column A I want it removed from column B. PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!!!!!!

A:Solved: Excel 2010 - Remove duplicates from column B that exist in column A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-remove-duplicates-from-column-b-that-exist-in-column-a.990368/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi Rollin Again and everyone in this forum Hoping someone could help me in my problem I have a workbook in Microsoft Excel Windows of about rows of words in different languages Some words have different languages and some are only or all are written in Column A of the workbook Column A English ------- in color Orange Spanish ------- in color Red Italian ------- in color Blue German ------ in color Black Papiamento --- in color Green etc What I want is a Macros Program that can put all Spanish words red color in Column to Another (Windows) A from Column, texts Transfer 2010 Excel Column B all Italian words blue color in Column C all German Transfer texts from Column A to Another Column, Excel 2010 (Windows) words black color in Column D and all Papiamento words green color Transfer texts from Column A to Another Column, Excel 2010 (Windows) in Column E Like for example Column A Transfer texts from Column A to Another Column, Excel 2010 (Windows) --- Column B ---Column C --- Column D ---Column E English -----Spanish ----Italian ----- German --- Papiamento etc Thank you very much in advance and I ll appreciate all the helps you could give me sukisuki nbsp

A:Transfer texts from Column A to Another Column, Excel 2010 (Windows)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-texts-from-column-a-to-another-column-excel-2010-windows.1095770/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here, so hoping someone can help me!!
I have Names and Mobile Number in Column A. I need to find a way of moving Mobile Numbers into Column B - please tell me there is a simple way in which this can be done.....HELP!

Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all,

I am using the below formula (that I found on this forum) to calculate the age based on a DOB. I now want to create a formula for the next column to have either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if the age is above a certain value.

If this is possible, is it then possible if I have two ages in separate columns to generate a ‘Yes’ if either of the age’s are above the specified Value?

Formula for Age Calculation;
=DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"y") & "y,"&DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"ym") & "m,"& DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"md") & "d"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

A:Data in columns formula to generate a new column

try this

=IF (Cell you do the calculation in > age you want to test , "Yes" , "No" )
if you want to test two columns , then

=IF ( OR(column1 > age, column2 > age ), "Yes", "No")

can you load a dummy spreadsheet and we can check the above works OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-in-columns-formula-to-generate-a-new-column.1075657/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a database which has about 60000 rows and 3 columns.
Here I have made a picture to show what exactly I want, this picture represent a general view of my data structure and also represent what I want.

I have 3 first columns (from left) and I want to create a new column like the last one which named New Text.
As you see I want to create a column which duplicate the Text of every row for X times. And X is the frequency of repeated number in Number ID 2.

For example: In Number ID 2, 8 repeated four times. So New Text should have four H. (H represent the text)

Please consider this to be done by Microsoft Access software, which I have no experience of working with.

A:How to create a new column using data of other columns in Microsoft Access

will take TWO updates.

1) a transaction to ADD Column "New Text"; commit

2) another to UPDATE "New Text" where "Number ID 2" equals "Number ID 1" value is TEXT;

(or something close to that - - it's be a while since I last used SQL grammar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-new-column-using-data-of-other-columns-in-microsoft-access.163720/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi Everyone,

Seriously need your help ><"
I am using MS Office 2010 and Windows 7

I have a data like this (The number of Products and Shops are much more)

I want the result to be like this

This is the attached file for you to download the data or you can simply download from the attachment in this post
http://www.sendspace.com/file/iqvlce

I would really appreciate the help of the community
Kudos to everyone!!!!

A:Excel Macro - Merging multiple column into single column

in a new cell, create the following formula.
=A1&" "&B1&" "&C1

Or isn't this what you want?
(the cell-numbers are those which you want to combine).
You can copy the formula for all cells (haven't seen your file, find the link a bit tricky, maybe attach the file in a post here)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-merging-multiple-column-into-single-column.1058742/
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm trying to do a simple 2 column merge in an Excel file. The idea is to put both first and last names (currently in 2 separate columns) into one column. There is more data in the worksheet, address, telelphone etc - in other columns.

When the name columns are selected, then FORMAT CELLS, then ALIGNMENT, MERGE CELLS, it comes back with -

"The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only"

There's text only in all the cells in both columns.

When I click on OK - like yea, do it anyway - both first and last name columns are blank - and there is no merged column.

I have also tried to use the CONCATENATE function and it works great for 1 cell at a time, but does not do entire columns...

Is there another step I've missed in this ?

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-error-merging-columns-multiple-data-values.1018600/
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm using some software to export payment information into a CSV file. This file needs to be in the bank's specified SIF format which requires all the data to be in one column.

The limitation with my software is that the detail of each payment gets exported into it's own separate column. For instance, cells A1:A10 contain payment details to one individual, B1:B10 to another, and so on. I require the whole lot combining into Column A, running from A1:A65536 (it will never go this far down the spreadsheet, but you get the idea).

I've tinkered with some basic copy and delete macros but I'm unable to make the headway that I need to. I don't have the touch when it comes to programming .

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 86.43%

I have tried using text to tables, pressing alt and using 0100 for this file - but the data is separated by two squares and this does not seem to work.

I think I have attached some sample data.

What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 86.43%

I have a spreadsheet of data that has been exported from an access database.
The address is appearing in one cell and I need to separate it to import into a CRM system.

I have tried to separate this using "text to columns" but the separator is a little square. This is visible in the "text to columns" dialogue box - but not on the spreadsheet ( or I cannot make it visible) - So I am not able to copy it into the box for "other" separators".

This is a big spreadsheet - and it would take me ages to separate them all manually.

Any ideas please ?

Relevancy 81.7%

i am uploading excel work book with 4 sheets, sheet no1 contains the record to be verifed/matched with the records in sheet no.2. we will match BTC_Name, BTC_Fname, Deg_RegNO of sheet1 with student name, father name, reg.no. of sheet no.2, if records of sheet no.1 are matched/presented in sheet no.2 then the whole row of sheet no.1 should be copied in to sheet no.3 (if matched display here) else other wise mismatched/ not presented records of sheet no.1 in sheet2 should be displayed (whole row) in sheet no.4 (not matched display here). i have shown sample values in sheet 3 and in sheet 4 taken from sheet 1.
thanx.

Relevancy 81.7%

I'm using Excel 2010.
I have a workbook with TWO Tabs (sorry, cannot attach).
First Tab, the data - Second Tab, the form I want generated.

In the first Tab, Column A is a date. Columns B and C are TEXT Data
For the second tab, I want to create formula that reads like this:

If first tab Column A = a specified date, then bring in the information in first Columns B and C.

If the date appears five times, can it bring the information in and create five rows? (or am I restricted to only cell to cell formulas?)
It sounds like I should just do a simple cut/paste sort of thing and not create a difficult formula, but I really need a formula, because ultimately it will be expanded beyond two simple tabs.

Relevancy 80.84%

Can someone help me please
I'm trying to create a form where I have to sort column K then by Column J {A to Z}
my form range is B15 : O55

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-sort-2-columns-in-excel-2010.1126242/
Relevancy 79.12%

I am having trouble adding the sum of a row across multiple columns I have the code to add teh sum from a single columns but I can't figure out how to make it so it will add the columns up and place the sum on the first empty row The number Multiple Excel of a across Need sum Columns row VBA: of cells in each row is not the same so I need to be able code for that This code is what I use to sum the rows at the end of the column but like I said earlier I need to code it Excel VBA: Need sum of a row across Multiple Columns so it will go to the end of the row while adding all cells in the row from multiple columns Option Explicit Sub StatsEachColumn Dim LastColumn As Long LastRow As Long Excel VBA: Need sum of a row across Multiple Columns lngColumn As Long LastColumn Cells Find What quot quot After Range quot A quot SearchOrder xlByColumns SearchDirection xlPrevious Column For lngColumn To LastColumn LastRow Cells Rows Count lngColumn End xlUp Row With Cells LastRow lngColumn FormulaR C quot SUM R C R quot amp LastRow amp quot C quot End With Next lngColumn End Sub

A:Excel VBA: Need sum of a row across Multiple Columns

Forgot to mention that it will need to loop since there are 4 different rows so far and it will need the ability to work with any added rows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/excel-vba-need-sum-of-a-row-across-multiple-columns-1070562.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a huge spreadsheet which I am trying to analyse but I really need some help! There is one row of data for each company, then separate columns for products. I need one single column so I can use functions like COUNTIF. A simplified example:

Current situation
Company 1 | Product a | Product d | Product f
Company 2 | Product b
Company 3 | Product a | Product f

Desired result
Company 1 | Product a
Company 1 | Product d
Company 1 | Product f
Company 2 | Product b
Company 3 | Product a
Company 3 | Product f

I am SURE there must be a way of doing this, but I am going round and round in circles right now.... thanks for helping!

Relevancy 78.69%

Is it possible to fetch some lines of data from a group of web pages and paste in to Excel?Pls view the image for required excel columns.

urls are,
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price jaiprakash associates ltd | Get Quote jaipra | BSE
------------
-----------
up to 100 urls in a text file.

A:Web site data to excel columns

When you right click on the webpage and select "View source" from the context menu - do you see the info of interest; I don't. If the info were there, you could use InetGet. They know the value of the info being presented and they probably want to discourage automated data mining.

See if there is a mobile version of the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295491-web-site-data-excel-columns.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I'm trying to find a way to delete some data from a column, say column A. The numbers to be deleted are in another column, column B. Is there a way to have excel remove from column A, those numbers that appear in column B? It would require some way to compare, but I can't figure out if excel has this capability. If the columns were small, we could do this manually, but the data set is huge, with several thousand numbers.

Thanks for any help.
-wayne

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

When I copy a column or a row and insert it, excel inserts it but it vanishes in a split second. When I copy a column and paste it (not insert) it does the job but it is overwritten that I don't want to do.

Help!

Thanks in advance

A:Unable copy and paste column or row in Excel 2010

Can you explain more?
Your explanation does not say anything about what and how you'rw doing it
Does it happen with every Excel file (new blank ones) or with one inparticular?
Do you have any special Add-Ins installed?
Have you been testing m,acro's that influence the right-click mouse buttons?
Please try and paint a complete picture so that the reader has information to troubleshoot and help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-copy-and-paste-column-or-row-in-excel-2010.1089725/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have office 2010 pro. I want to know if I can create a Line number column that will incrementally number my rows for me.

I often go thru excel to get a vendor invoice into a format that can be imported into my accounting program and one of the required fields is line number.

The spreadsheet uses row 1 as headers so the invoice data starts on row 2 but would be line 1.

I think I stumbled across it accidentally once but I didn't try to figure out what I did. Sigh!

Thanks

A:Creating a Line Number Column Excel 2010

so if you put the number 1 onto row two - say A2
then in A3 you do
=A2+1
and copy that down - you will get and incremment all number
or just do
A2 = 1
A3 = 2
highlight the two cells and drag down should auto increment if excel set by default

OR
misunderstood
can you attach a sample spreadsheet with dummy data showing what you need

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-line-number-column-excel-2010.1081848/
Relevancy 77.83%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 77.83%

Helloooo
I have two columns of data. In column A, I need to identify every cell that is identical to any value in column B.

Relevancy 77.83%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 77.4%

how do you print multiple columns on one page from an excel worksheet like you would from an access table?

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Excel 2010 LINEST function with two columns of data. One of my columns contains blanks, so I receive an error. Can I run the LINEST function for these columns, but skip the rows that contain a blank?

I appreciate any help or guidance you can give me. Thanks!

A:Solved: Excel 2010 LINEST Function with Blanks in Column

Ahhh, if if use Slope(), Intercept(), and RSQ(), I get the answers I need without the blanks causing any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-linest-function-with-blanks-in-column.1021186/
Relevancy 77.4%

Excel 2010 - created a worksheet with 2 different pages. When trying to compare or adjust column widths, different units of meansurement are in place;
Cannot discover how to make both the same so I can compare apples to apples.
Have searched both my Excel reference books and read for hours in Help for Excel. Nothing pertinent to my question and no solution evident. This is totally simple/basic, but I don't know how to handle this. Please help.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hey Guys,

I scanned in some phone numbers/names using OCR and need some help in Excel. Here is example I made real quick of what the list looks like:

Column A is fine. However, do you see Column B? It has the grade and then the phone number.

Here's what I mean in column B:
Grade [one space] phone number

So, it looks like this in the excel spreadsheet:
10 555-5555

Here's what I need to do. I need to find a way to automate the process of taking out the phone numbers from column B and moving them all to a new column (C). There are four grade numbers (9, 10, 11, and 12), so I can run the process on each grade to separate them.

How can I do this? Thanks.

A:Moving partial data from one column to another in Excel

Put the formula:

=RIGHT(B2,8)

in C2. Adjust the 8 for the phone number if it includes area code. Then drag that formula down the number of rows you'd like.

- Castleheart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-partial-data-from-one-column-to-another-in-excel.701134/
Relevancy 76.97%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 76.97%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

I am trying to build a spreadsheet that allows me to enter data (steel angle) by individual leg sizes and thicknesses that automatically references the correct weight per foot so I no longer have to look it up in a book. I have loaded the data and built the template, but I cannot get a formula to work that will search my array of data that has repeating data in all the columns, but where all the data in one row has a unique weight. I have tried several commands, and I feel like I need a nested command, but I do not have the knowledge to get it done properly. I have attached the file: Angle Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

brian

A:Solved: Repeating Data in multiple columns for unique result

I used Concatenate and Vlookup to solve the problem. I just needed a week to let my head clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repeating-data-in-multiple-columns-for-unique-result.746951/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm Sum EXCEL: in List; Drop Down Columns Totals Multiple looking to sum totals in a drop down list as follows In column C lines - I have a drop down EXCEL: Sum Totals in Drop Down List; Multiple Columns list that assigns categories to that particular line In column F lines - there are totals that apply to that particular line item that are numbers These totals change with each instance of a particular category Essentially what I've done is assign a number of attendees to a certain category of event EXAMPLE Instance -----Column C Drop Down Selection Event Type Column F Line Instance ----Column C Drop Down Selection Event Type Column F Line What I need is a formula that will sum the total in all of Column F of all instances of Event Type when selected as the EXCEL: Sum Totals in Drop Down List; Multiple Columns drop down item in Column CThere would be about or incidences per spreadsheet and I need a sum of the total numbers associated with each category In the above example I would need a formula that added the totals in F and F when associated with the Event Type category only I need this to apply to all of column F The destination box for the sum would be F I know this is a SUM or SUMIF function but I'm not sure how to input it into the formula bar Can anyone help Again here's the information Category Assignment - Column C Lines C - C Numerical Value per Incidence - Column F Lines F - F Sum Total of Numerical Values per Incidence Box F THANKS message edited by OmniBartonCreek

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-sum-totals-in-drop-down-list-multiple-columns/20484.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I was searching the internet for answers to my question of the type in previous post http forums techguy org business-applications -print-multiple-columns-excel-one html post I have found a solution which I hope can be useful to other one excel multiple update page in columns print on people I m using Excel - My solution is - choose a printer that allows you to set it to print at least pages per sheet then In Excel print multiple columns in excel on one page update fit all columns aka the data you need to on one page In printer settings set it to print pages or as per need per sheet Note the Print preview does not show the actual printout you will need to use your imagination to picture the printout In this way I was able to print Columns A-I rows - including repeated heading row on x A sheet with a auto-set page-break after row I also printed the same Columns A-I with rows - etc on x A sheet with auto-set page-break after row The answers pre- or so all referenced some sort of coding in Excel directly or cutting and pasting within Excel or into Word or transferring the data into Access This is not helpful to me Some technology may have changed since then which now allows my solution to work for me hth nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-multiple-columns-in-excel-on-one-page-update.1094484/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi Guys I need help creating a dynamic macro that could save me alot of time in the future In a nutshell - quot Name quot value in Column A - quot Yes quot or quot No quot value in Column B - quot Name quot value in Column C I need - Every cell in Column Text Column Find, if Macro Found - In Need Another - 2010 Replace - Help Excel C to be crossed referenced with Column A - If there is a match I need the value in Column B to be changed to Yes Before ------Column A ------------------------------ Column B ------------------------------ Column C ------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Jen NO Jen -- -- Jane NO Need Help - Excel 2010 - Macro - Find, if Found Replace Text In Another Column Jane -- -- Sarah NO Sarah -- -- Mike NO James -- -- Mitch NO Fred -- -- Joy NO Lee -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Need Help - Excel 2010 - Macro - Find, if Found Replace Text In Another Column After ------Column A ------------------------------ Column B ------------------------------ Column C ------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Jen Yes Jen -- -- Jane Yes Jane -- -- Sarah Yes Sarah -- -- Mike NO James -- -- Mitch NO Need Help - Excel 2010 - Macro - Find, if Found Replace Text In Another Column Fred -- -- Joy NO Lee -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for the help Ben nbsp

A:Need Help - Excel 2010 - Macro - Find, if Found Replace Text In Another Column

As just a Formula, put this in column B ' =IF(A1=C1,"Yes","No")'

As a Macro -
Sub MatchReplace()
Dim LastRowColA As String
LastRowColA = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To LastRowColA
Range("B" & i).Select
ActiveCell = "No"
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1) = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1) Then ActiveCell = "Yes"
Next
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-excel-2010-macro-find-if-found-replace-text-in-another-column.1062681/
Relevancy 76.54%

Okay - still very new to excel formulae so bear with me...

ColA.......Col B
Open..... 23
Closed... 7
Open......4
Open..... 8
Closed... 19

Okay let us assume in C1 I want a single formulae that wil:
a: count the rows that have 'Open' in column A
b: sum the corresponding values in column b

With this example, my visible value in C1 should be 35. I am hoping to not have to 'duplicate' data in another column/area and the sum that new column (such as copying only the 'B' values that have "Open" in the 'A' column and then running a sum off that new column....

I am sure there is an easy way to do this but I keep getting zeros. I have been trying this:
=SUM(IF(A2:A5000="*Open*",B2:B5000,0))...

I have one other formula in D1:
=COUNTIF(AF1:AF5000,"*Open*").. which displays 3....

Thanks in advance

Ric

A:Solved: Excel - count and sum separate column data

=SUMIF(A2:A5000,"*Open*",B2:B5000)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-count-and-sum-separate-column-data.850606/
Relevancy 76.54%

I would like to find duplicates in a column for fields that contain "_" only and place on new sheet in column A. If found, I would like to then get the data in the adjacent field only if it I not blank and put the first instance value of adjacent column in Column B on new sheet, second instance Column C, etc. Probably no more than three instances. I have an example spreadsheet that has sample data and a results tab of how I would like the valid data to look. I am not sure where to start on coding it and which formula would be the right ones to use. I don't necessarily want the exact code but some guidance on the steps to take and formulas to try.

Relevancy 76.54%

If you check the file attached.

please can you help me in moving data with duplicate names to have the 2nd and 3rd email address moved to a new column and delete the row

need an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

A:Excel Macro to Move data in Rows to column

I'm unable to understand the entire requirement, but for moving the records with duplicate names, I've written few lines. This will cut the duplicate record rows (Consider "Pupil Forename" for removing)from the "Report Data" and will post into "Sheet3". Before running this macro please insert "Sheet3". Let me know your requirement, hope I will be able to resolve it out. Thanks!

Code:
Sub test()
Sheets("Report Data").Select
Dim trow As Long
trow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count).Row
For i = trow To 1 Step -1
If i = 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Cells(i, 1).Value = Cells(i - 1, 1) Then
Rows(i).Select
Selection.Cut Destination:=Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(2)
End If
Next i
End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-to-move-data-in-rows-to-column.1042170/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a excel file like below.

Column1 |Column2|Column3|Column4|Column5|Column6|Column7
Row 1 EEEE 1 2 3
Row 2 4 5 6

I want to move data in row 2 (4,5,6) to Row 1 columns 5,6,7.

Could you help me with an excel macro to automate this as i am working with a large number of records like this in one excel sheet. i.e, i want to select the sheet and move data in every 2nd row to the columns in row above at the end of columns in that row.

your assistance is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Relevancy 76.11%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 75.68%

Well..glad I found this forum. I would like to be able to populate a word document from an excel worksheet, with the ability to select (highlight) multiple rows in excel and have those rows transferred to word, but only certain columns

I found almost the right macro here:
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/732913-solved-populate-word-document-excel-2.html

Except you can only select (1) row.

Any coding solutions on how to copy a range of rows? This will also require the .Text in the word paste to change....
I see some hope with this code as well, but figuring it out may take me longer than someone that does this everyday.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1725768/excel-macro-to-select-multiple-row
Thank you.

Relevancy 75.68%

I am un able to get an existing word file to open I can Doc Word Select Populate (Multiple Columns) Rows, Excel from get the following to open a new word file I need this to opoen an existing file Sub export Word row Dim oWD As Object Dim wdDoc As Object Dim TWB As Workbook wsh wsh As Worksheet Set TWB ThisWorkbook On Error Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns) Resume Next Set oWD GetObject quot Word Application quot If Err Number lt gt Then Set oWD CreateObject quot Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns) Word Application quot Err Clear Set wdDoc oWD documents Add With wdDoc With Range paragraphs Range Text quot PICK UP amp DELIVERY quot amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold True Font Underline True ParagraphFormat Alignment End With With Range paragraphs Range Text quot PICK UP quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot K quot Value amp vbTab amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold True Font Underline True ParagraphFormat Alignment End With With Range paragraphs Range Text Chr amp Chr amp Chr amp Chr Font Size Font Underline False ParagraphFormat TabStops ClearAll DefaultTabStop Application CentimetersToPoints ParagraphFormat TabStops Add Position Application CentimetersToPoints Alignment Leader End With With Range paragraphs Range Text quot NAME quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot B quot Value amp vbTab amp Cells row quot C quot Value amp Chr amp quot ADDRESS quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot D quot Value amp vbTab amp Cells row quot E quot Value amp Chr amp quot PHONE quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot R quot Value amp Chr amp quot MODEL quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot F quot Value amp Chr amp quot VIN quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot G quot Value amp Chr amp Chr amp quot WORK TO PERFORM quot amp quot quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot I quot Value amp Chr amp Chr amp Chr amp quot SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS quot amp quot quot amp vbTab amp Cells row quot J quot Value amp Chr Font Size Font Name quot Times New Roman quot Font Bold False ParagraphFormat Alignment End With End With oWD Visible True wdDoc Activate End Sub nbsp

A:Populate Word Doc from Excel (Multiple Rows, Select Columns)

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
You should paste your code in a code clock

[ code ]

no spaces in between the []

[ / code ]
Code:

Set wdDoc = oWD.documents.Add

To open a word doc
Code:

Set wdDoc = oWD.documents.Open(fullpath and name of the file)

This should do the trick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/populate-word-doc-from-excel-multiple-rows-select-columns.1111808/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey everyone, I have data in the form of several rows, each of which has several words separated by ": " (colon + space) I would like each word separated in its own column, and have therefore used the Text To Columns command (under Data|Data Tools). But apparently you can only define one character as the delimiter, and if I define it to be just the colon, then I have a space at the beginning of each word. I know I can probably do a few extra steps to ge rid of that leading space, but my question is: can one define more than one character as a delimiter, under the Text To Columns command? Anticipated thanks for any help!

A:Excel question - Use of multiple-character delimiters under Text To Columns

Well, if it is something like A: 1 then all you need to do is Text-to-Columns, Delimiter.
Choose Space and in Other enter :
Check the box that says Treat consecutive delimiters as one.
That should work for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-use-of-multiple-character-delimiters-under-text-to-columns.809981/
Relevancy 75.68%

Afternoon everyone!

As the title suggests, I have some issues with formatting the x-axis of a column graph (the graph is to show air consumption rate over a period of 30 minutes) in Excel 2010 (the file in question is attached). As you can see in the attached picture, the graph currently has the x-axis formatted such that it starts in the middle of the ticks. Ideally, I am looking for a way to start "0" from the y-axis intercept without shifting the graph as is currently the case when changing the horizontal axis options.

Could you possibly help me sort this out? I need to present it for a university project and I'd like to have the graph presented in this manner. It would also help if I could learn the method so I can do this in future. Thank you for your help in advance!

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I need a macro to use in Excel 2003 that will select all data in a column except the header row. At the moment i am using the following command which works well in most cases

Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select

The catch to this is that if the column contains only one row of or no data then the command selects the entire column! Eek, can anybody please help me to fix this?

A:Solved: Excel macro to select data in a column with a header row

Dim lastRow as long
LastRow = worksheetfuntion.Max(2, Range("A" & rows.count).end(Exlup).Row

The variable will contain the last filled row in column A, the Max function will make sure that it will at least be row 2 just in case the column is empty

Then all you need is Range("A2:A" & lastRow).Select
Or if you need more columns then Range("A2:H" & lastRow).select

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-select-data-in-a-column-with-a-header-row.1024077/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I am new here. I need help to write macro/code which can submit query in the application status feedbox at http://124.124.193.235/eregister/eregister.aspx
and click on SUBMIT. From the results, i want to copy STATUS data to excel sheet.

For example query numbers are 1274032, 1460986, 1522002 in the excel column.

For 1274032 the result page shows STATUS as REGISTERED. I want REGISTERED copied to adjacent cell of 1274032 cell

Please help me.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi. I'm having big problems with something that might be very easy to do, although I tried (and searched how to do it) without success:

I've got a sheet, with 'Date/Time' as first column.
I can select that column, along with any other to insert a graphic chart into the worksheet and it works fine.
My question is.... how can I make Excel generate automatically ONE CHART for each column, with 'Date/Time' as X axis? I tried some dynamic table/charts but it looks incredibly messy (it's faster for me to create the charts one by one, manually!).
Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-automatic-multiple-charts-using-first-column-as-x-axis.999065/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 74.82%

I need to delete multiple columns within an Excel worksheet based on the headers in the first row. What would be the best way to perform this operation?

I have been playing around with the code below, but I feel as though there could be a better way.

Sub test()

Dim myArr As Variant

myArr = Array("Test1", "Test2", "Test3")
If Range("C1").Value = myArr Then
Columns("C").Delete shift:=xlToLeft
ElseIf Range("D1").Value = myArr Then
Columns("D").Delete shift:=xlToLeft
End If

End Sub

A:Solved: Excel Macro -> Delete Multiple Columns Based on Criteria

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-delete-multiple-columns-based-on-criteria.835469/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all This Row Return VBA Search Multiple Column Excel - Values, Workbook & Header may be more complex than I think but I have searched hundreds of forum posts all over the place VBA Search Excel Workbook - Multiple Values, Return Row & Column Header and while I ve come close to finding a solution to this nothing has quite described a way to do this Basically I have a roster for staff attached is a simple sample I ve thrown together to show you what s on the rows headers amp sample contents obviously the actual spreadsheet is much bigger and month-to-view on each sheet Let s assume the following - sheet and sheet have staff rosters on as per the example spreadsheet - sheet is where I want to display the search results - the same name may will be present on different dates and different shifts - this is for me and not an end user so it doesn t have to be in any way flash in its working or pretty I would like a search entry box on sheet let s say in cell A I need the following results returned for EACH occurrence of the searched name this is where it gets beyond me These will be copied into sheet let s say starting from cell A - I ll stick in a clearcontents on the range at the start of the sub as the results will be copied into an email and then can be cleared when I need a new search - Shift always found in Column A of the sheet being searched - Job Number always found in in Column B of the sheet being searched - Date of shift always found in Row of the sheet being searched So essentially it s a lookup find The results you get in a Ctrl F find all are basically the results I need but just looking up the row title and column header Is this possible simple Any code snippets appreciated - very happy to tinker where my abilities allow Thanks for any help in advance Luke Ps In case it helps I need to do this to generate a summary of any one persons shifts by searching their name I have freelancers working for me and generating a summary over a month project usually takes me forever I m trying to automate the process once I have entered their names into the shifts I d like them to do nbsp

A:VBA Search Excel Workbook - Multiple Values, Return Row & Column Header

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-search-excel-workbook-multiple-values-return-row-column-header.874677/
Relevancy 73.96%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am trying to hide rows of my worksheet that show a date in the completed column.
The orders that are complete have a date in column F up to this point I highlight them green so I know they are completed but it would be nice if they highlighted green and were hidden when a date was entered into the completed column.
Can someone assist me with creating a macro that will do this?
I am very new to macros so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have attached a sample of what I am doing however inf has been changed.

I am using Excel 2007

Thank you,

A:Solved: Macro for excel 2007 to hide rows based on any data entered in a column

Hi, welcome to the forum,

I put some simple code in the Sheet's vba

Make sure you allow macro's to be run

Just enter a date in the last row of column F for testing.

For the other green rows, just click in column F and update the date by retyping it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-macro-for-excel-2007-to-hide-rows-based-on-any-data-entered-in-a-column.1076999/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello VBA experts. Need your help. I have a workbook with 14 worksheets. Each worksheet has several fields all named the same. I need to sort 3 fields in each worksheet. Those are ascending in this order; Patient ID (in column A), DOS (in column E) and Code (column B).
Does anyone know of a code that can easily sort all 14 tabs at once? The range of data in each worksheet are different. Some worksheets have very little data to sort while other worksheets have maybe a 2,000 rows of data.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Excel 2010 - Sort multiple fields in multiple sheets

Hi

Here is a macro that will sort all spreadsheets each with 3 levels of sort, all ascending assuming that the number of rows in all columns is the same.

Give this a try on a copy of your file (can't stress this enough) and let us know what it didn't do right
Code:
[SIZE=1]Sub SortSheets()[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]' Macro1 Macro[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]'[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]For i = 1 To Sheets.Count[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Clear[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("A2:A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) _[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] , SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("E2:E" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) _[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] , SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("B2:B" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row) _[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(i).Sort[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .SetRange Range("A1:E" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .Header = xlYes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .MatchCase = False[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .Orientation = xlTopToBottom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .SortMethod = xlPinYin[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] .Apply[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1] End With[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]Next[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=1]End Sub[/SIZE]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2010-sort-multiple-fields-in-multiple-sheets.1093425/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I need to extract data from multiple excel files into a new excel file and sum the values. The data comes from excel files that are made from a template so the data is always in the same place or same cells. For example, i have data saved daily in excel files with the following naming convention 080204, 080304, 080404,..... and so on. What i would like to do is have a macro that will create a week ending sheet by importing and summing the data from that week.

Thanks for reading!

A:excel macro for copying and pasting data from multiple excel files

thanks for all those who read!!!! let me know if anyone needs the code!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-macro-for-copying-and-pasting-data-from-multiple-excel-files.267990/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,
I'm working on an excel spreadsheet for my passwords. My columns are labeled website, username and password, respectively. I know how to go to data>sort to sort what I have so far, but is there a way for me to be able to put a new website, username and password at the bottom of the list, and it automatically go to where it should (alphabetically) go based on the website column (username and passwords are not alphabetically organized; just website)?
Thanks in advance,
Cody

A:Make Excel 2010 Automatically Organize by Column "A" with Header

Unfortunately not an easy task.

There are ways to accomplish this automatically with data of fixed dimensions, but I have not seen any way to do this, especially with a growing list.

A couple of examples of scripts to do this are here... Auto Sort A List by Values in Excel

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317183-make-excel-2010-automatically-organize-column-header.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

First of all, I am trying to concatenate fields in several records. Currently, I have a query that pulls out the specific account, appending to a table called "Control Log" and it looks like this:

Client Form
------- -------
Lesand 1040
Lesand 1099
Lesand G-45

I want to get to look like this:

Client Form
------- ------
Lesand 1040,1099, G-45

where I will append to another table called Control Log1 where an automatic number will be assigned to just that one record. I then want to populate a form with the autonumber and client info, and the remaining information relating to that client will also populate (address, etc.) from the query that pulled their info from the beginning.

I am fairly new to the new features to Access 2007-2010, but am eager to learn. Thank you for taking the time.

Needsaccess

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/concatenate-column-values-from-multiple-rows-into-a-single-column-with-access.1035593/
Relevancy 70.09%

Novice to Excel... I know basics, but this is over my head... and it looks like this is the place! (now that I've buttered you up, on to my problem! )

Basically I have a sheet with all data in Column A
Bob Smith
ABC Company
123 Main St
Anywhere, USA
Phone 555.1234
Fax 555.4321
Jane Doe
XYZ Company
321 Main St
Somewhere, USA
Phone 555.0000
Fax 555.0001
Etc…

I was hoping to get:
A | B | C | D | E | F
Name | Co Name | Street | Town | Phone | Fax
Name2 | Co Name2| Street2| Town2| Phone | Fax

The Copy Special – Transpose won’t do multiple rows it ends up with everything in one row as opposed to everything in one column
(Name Co Name Street Town Phone Fax Name2 CoName2 Street2…etc)

Any help would be appreciated!

PS - WinXP and Excel 2003

Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,
I have a very large spreadsheet of data, 365 columns and 290 rows. I would like to convert the data into 1 very long column, with all of the data consecutively listed. Is there a function that allows me to tell the formula to look to the first line of the next row of data, and copy down from there, and then go to the next column, etc? Right now, I'm just referencing the first cell in each column, dragging down to fill the 290 following cells, and then referencing the next column. It's really time consuming because I have 48 of these spreadsheets. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:Solved: How to move data in a series of column into one column

Hi,

if you name the range of 365x290 cells as, for example, 'MyRange', then the following (downwards extendable) formula should work:

=OFFSET(INDEX(MyRange,1,1),MOD(ROW(A1)-1,ROWS(MyRange)),(INT(ROW(A1)-1)/ROWS(MyRange)))

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-move-data-in-a-series-of-column-into-one-column.1015059/
Relevancy 69.66%

I need some help. I am trying to come up with a formula that counts the times that a "string" occurs based on a value in another column.....
Example:
Everytime column a = "Jones", check if column e = "tom".....if so count it.

A:Counting strings in one column based on Condition in another column in Excel

The EASY way to do this is to concatenate columns A and E using (for instance) this formula:

=A1&E1

or

=A1&" "&E1 (puts a space between two words)

Then count the individual field. Make sense? Will it work for you?

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/counting-strings-in-one-column-based-on-condition-in-another-column-in-excel.38217/
Relevancy 68.8%

COLUMN A
COLUMN B
A
A
B
B

A=10
B=15
Hi there, I need help creating a formula that adds Column A, only if Column B = 'A'.
I then need to multiply that counted value by another cell.

Can someone please help me? I think I'm over-thinking this.

A:Excel: Count Values In One Column On Basis Of Other Column Value

=SUMIF(B1:B4,"A",A1:A4)

Where B1:B4 is where your A and B values are, and A1:A4 is where your numbers to sum are located.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-count-values-in-one-column-on-basis-of-other-column-value.1108358/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a spreadsheet that I would like to give to both English and Spanish speaking workers. Is there a way to convert the English text in column A to Spanish in column B? I will be changing the text in column A on a weekly basis and will need to translate then distribute to all workers.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 68.8%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have three lists of data that need to be combined into one longer list. Each list has the potential to have over 1500 entries with data duplicated in the other lists. I have been combining the data into one list by copying and pasting, but I want to speed up the process by having a macro that can do that and remove duplicates (unless there is an easier, faster method). I have figured out the part of removing the duplicates, but the real problem for me is being able to combine the three lists into one when each list is dynamic and can be longer or shorter on any given day. I am using excel 2003. Any help would be great!

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey all,

I have come to you in a fit of desperation. My USB drive was stolen recently and my master Excel data file was lost, which contained all my compiled data from my most recent lab experiment.

Anyway, I have charts of all the important stuff in a word document. The data is there, I can hover on each data point and see the values, and the axes and chart are all accessible for editing.

My question is, how the heck do I extract that data back out of the chart into a table or Excel spreadsheet? There MUST be a way that is better than copying down each data point one at a time

Your help is greatly appreciated.

A:Excel chart in Word 2010: extract chart values? Lost Excel data file!!!! Help.

Hi welcome to the fourm.
I don't know it reverse engineering is possible.
Something like convert chart to table?

One thing you could try is copy the chart back to a new Excel file and see if more is possible there than in Word?

Like I said never needed this. Have you googled for something like Excel data reverse enginieering?
Maybe something come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-chart-in-word-2010-extract-chart-values-lost-excel-data-file-help.1041185/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a single excel sheel with one single column containing words with some special characters. I want to search for multiple words from that single column.

A:Search multiple words in a single column in a single excel s

A bit of clarification:Does each cell contain multiple words or just one word?After you find your target word/s what do you want done with them?And, in the future, Excel questions are best asked in the Office Software forum.MIKEhttp://www.skeptic.com/

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/search-multiple-words-in-a-single-column-in-a-single-excel-s/20478.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

Created a 5x1 Table , in one of my columns the text is slightly higher than the rest in the table, how do i get it inline?

Thanks

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

Using Excel 2003, I have three series of data and I'm trying to create a line-column chart. I can easily get two of the series as columns and one series as a line, but I need it the other way round, with just one set of columns and two lines. Is this possible? I've spent nearly an hour right-clicking and going into every option and format I can think of but I can't make it work.

I'm attaching a mock-up of the kind of thing I need, as it may be easier to visualise than to explain.

Thanks

A:Solved: Line-column chart: two lines, one set of columns?

I just selected each type of data and chose for a line chart type for the two series and a bar type for the widgets

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-line-column-chart-two-lines-one-set-of-columns.1005018/
Relevancy 67.51%

Dear all How do I sort a column with quot quot according and Sort column other number a with Excel: column keep #.#.# to descending Excel: Sort a column with #.#.# number and keep other column values in excel while keeping the other columns on Excel: Sort a column with #.#.# number and keep other column the same row Number range is lt gt Example for columns B A V K P C G H D L J M S X Required Output sort only second column D A C G J B K M L P S V X H Code can sort by ascending but does not pull the column Code Sub sortColumn Dim arrData As Variant Dim i As Long j As Long Dim temp As Variant 'Range name is quot ID quot arrData Range quot ID quot CurrentRegion Value For i To UBound arrData For j i To UBound arrData If getDesc arrData j arrData i Then temp arrData i arrData i arrData j arrData j temp End If Next j Next i Range quot G quot Resize UBound arrData Value arrData End Sub Function getDesc a As Variant b As Variant Dim aWords As Variant bWords As Variant Dim i As Long aWords Split a amp quot quot quot quot bWords Split b amp quot quot quot quot For i To LT Val aWords i lt Val bWords i If Val aWords i lt gt Val bWords i Then Exit For Next i End Function Appreciated any help nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/excel-sort-a-column-with-number-and-keep-other-column.4069441/
Relevancy 67.51%

I hid all but three columns and if I right-click on column A to insert a column, it becomes column B and no column is to the left.

A:In Excel 2007, how do I add a column to the left of a column when there is only 3?

I have Excel 2007
I put the cursor in column A, right click, and then insert.
Insert entire column. It appears to the left. Is this what you are doing

http://www.vistax64.com/software/301700-excel-2007-how-do-i-add-column-left-column-when-there-only-3-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I have a query but I'm not sure if it's even possible to do.

If I enter a name into cell J1 I want to check for this name in column H then for each row that is found on I would like to sum column B and output the result to cell J2. E.g. If I enter Paul into J1 I would like to search for this name in column H. For every row this is found on I would like the B cell for that row to be included in a sum of which the result is output to cell J2.

Is this possible and if so does anybody know how?

Cheers
Paul

A:Solved: Excel - Search for value in one column, sum a different column

yes, SUMIF() should do that

i'll edit - and add an example

enter into J2

=SUMIF(H2:H9,J2,B2:B9)

see attached example file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-search-for-value-in-one-column-sum-a-different-column.1093809/
Relevancy 67.51%

Running windows 7 L702X laptop ; excel 2010; > 10 worksheets
Open file shows grey instead of text; info print preview OK text
Saved as : to flash drive; taken to another computer ; open OK 
bring back t my computer ; open flash drive ..... GREY
Have seen similar problems within Microsoft forum. Not sure how that forum works
I produce this fie, updated, new name, daily. Ptroblem show on old files as well.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992529
Relevancy 67.51%

Quote The Excel team has made several improvements in the data visualization area for Excel and been posting lots of details on the Excel Team Blog First off the Excel team added a visualization that you can use to enhance your spreadsheets sparklines For Excel we ve implemented sparklines intense simple word-sized graphics as their inventor Edward Tufte describes them in 2010 Visualization in Excel Data Features his book Beautiful Evidence Sparklines help bring meaning and context to numbers being reported and unlike a chart are meant to be embedded into what they are describing Data bars and icon sets have been enhance to address important Data Visualization Features in Excel 2010 customer feedback One of the biggest requests for data bars was negative data bars which is now in Excel In Excel we have introduced negative value data bars which can help analyze trends when negative values are involved By default we smartly position the axis in the cell so that a small negative value Data Visualization Features in Excel 2010 will not occupy half the cell lengths when bigger positives values are also in the range If you prefer we let you position the axis in the center of the cell Also there are improvements to charting especially around the performance and rendering of charts In today s article I will outline some of the significant new chart improvements that impact performance In Office the graphics engine used by Office Charts was replaced with one that could support more complex rendering A downside of this change was slower performance in certain scenarios relative to Office For example supporting anti-aliasing in Office allows the chart to render smooth lines however the computation for smoothing takes multiple rendering passes which take additional time One of the top priorities for Office was increasing chart performance Here s the full list of Excel blogs posts around sparklines conditional formatting and charting Sparklines in Excel Adding Some Spark to Your Spreadsheets Formatting Sparklines Sparkline Axis Options Sparklines Lining Up the Points A Sparkline Trick - Using the Horizontal Axis as a Reference Line One More Sparkline Trick Icon Set Improvements in Excel Data Bar Improvements in Excel More Conditional Formatting Features in Excel The DisplayFormat OM Chart Object Model in Word amp PowerPoint Improvements to Chart Performance More Charting Enhancements in Excel Enjoy More

A:Data Visualization Features in Excel 2010

Again, thanks for the information. It is good to have someone on top of things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/23597-data-visualization-features-excel-2010-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have data validation drop down lists and conditional drop down lists in some of my fields on my Excel 2010 worksheet. When I switch to Data Form for easier data entry, it still restricts the cells correctly, but it does not show the drop down lists.

Is there a way to show the drop down list in the data form?
Can comments to help the data entry person be added to the form?

Thanks

A:Excel 2010 Validation in Data Forms

One thread in Office support should cover this> Excel 2010 Validation in Data Forms

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/excel-2010-validation-in-data-forms-786234.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everybody

I have 4 columns, Say H1, T1, T2 and T3. H1 is height, where Ts are temperatures. I have to plot all the three Ts on the graph (X-axis) against H1 (Y-axis). Lets name the resultant lines that we obtain on the graph as:

H1 Vs T1; L1
H1 Vs T2; L2
H1 Vs T3; L3

Now the purpose of doing all this is to know the value of H (Y-axis) on the points where T2 (Vs H1) and T3 intersect the T1.

Is there any technique/macro to do that? Because i have got around 4,000 sets of data to do this same thing.

Peace.

Relevancy 67.51%

Dear all,
i am working on panel data where i have a column for yrrs and another for countries and the other variables
my data is as follows: i have the same year repeated matching the different countries, then the next year repeated matching the same set of countries
i want to transpose this, so i want the same country repeated matching the full sample of years, then another country matching the full sample of years, i cannot use transpose because i already have my other variables in the excel sheet... i dont know if there is any automatic process that helps me do that

i hope my question was clear, pls let me know should you need more clarification
T.

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I am trying to lookup up data in a spreadsheet using mulitple criteria and then take the value and looup information in another table to return a different value.

For Example;
Table 1
a b c
1 tue 10 tom
2 wed 10 john
3 tue 5 john
4 wed 5 tom
5 tue 2 pual

Table 2
a b c
1 tom Thomas
2 john Johnathan
3 pual Pual
So I need to find "wed" & "5" so I can get "tom" in table 1 and then goto table 2 and return a field value of "Thomas"

Any thoughts, and the idea of combining tables is not possilbe, different department use them.

Thank you,

Matt

A:Excel 2010 Vlookup on Multiple Criteria

With tables you mean two table in the same sheet or two different sheets?
Try the link below, maybe it will help and also will point you to othr options
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/FlexLookup.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-vlookup-on-multiple-criteria.1023368/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all I would be most grateful if someone could assist to How search workbooks 2010 across in Excel multiple me with a workable solution for a problem I have in determining duplicates within two workbooks The problem seems fairly simple but I can t seem to find the solution I m still getting my head around Excel so please bare with me I have two workbooks containing data For the purposes of this example let s assume Workbook contains data for August Workbook contains data for September The data logged in each workbook may be company name and How to search across multiple workbooks in Excel 2010 or invoice number for example What I d like to do is to determine whether a company name has appeared in both these two workbooks Or alternatively a different example being does an invoice number appear twice in both workbooks I m happy to do this via the FIND function if the search was possible across both workbooks however it would be even better if I was able to record the duplicate or unique data in a separate worksheet - or colour cells green for unique and red for duplicate Does anyone have a solution for something like this Many thanks Brandon nbsp

A:How to search across multiple workbooks in Excel 2010

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.
It would be simpler if you could supply the workbooks for looking at.
You can redact the info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-search-across-multiple-workbooks-in-excel-2010.1069158/
Relevancy 66.65%

So i'm trying to upgrade my OS to Windows 7 Ultimate and after doing a bit of research, it seems I have to separate my OS files from my data and program files. Now i've already partitioned my hard drive into 2 separate disks/drives but the only problem is, i have no idea which files i should move to the new drive in order to separate my OS files from the others. Can anyone help me out?
I've attached a screen shot of my C drive if anyone can point out which files i need to transfer
Cheers

A:Separating OS from data files HELP

Usually, it's just in your "users" directory under your name.... Documents, pictures, downloads, music, etc.... Those should be the majority of it unless you have specifically created a folder and put files into it...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207841-separating-os-data-files-help.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have setup excel pie charts whereby I only want the data label option percentage to be shown If I save the workbook with these settings close and then re-open the settings are retained When I then upload this workbook to my SharePoint site and select open open snapshot in excel the workbook opens but all other data label options are set Excel not Data options saving Labels 2010 such as series name category name value as well as percentage percentage option is all I want and the only one i set If I choose the option open the workbook in excel the data label options are set correctly I need to be able to open the workbook as a snapshot with the correct data label options because the Excel 2010 Data Labels options not saving other option to simply open in excel through SharePoint strips out all the Excel 2010 Data Labels options not saving formulas which reference particular data The odd thing with this is that if I open the snapshot in Excel the correct data label options are retained series name category name value are unticked which is how I set it I tried re-building the excel workbook again in excel but I m having the same issue I tried with a simple pie chart and the same happens We are using Excel X SP and SharePoint enterprise server Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-data-labels-options-not-saving.1079492/