Windows Support Forum

Buying new video card, will it fit?

Q: Buying new video card, will it fit?

I was looking at computers for a friend to buy and found a pretty cheap setup but he'd have to upgrade the video card. If you bought a pci express 2.0 card does the motherboard have to have "2.0" slots or do the cards just fit in the regular pci express slots?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Buying new video card, will it fit?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Buying new video card, will it fit?

yes the video card will work express 2.0 card are backwards compatible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-video-card-will-it-fit.143106/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,
I have an HP Pavillion 1210n (i know, i know its kinda old)
Running windowx xp pro

So, i wanted to buy a new video card and i called up Hp for some prices. It turns out they dont have anyvideo cards for the1210n
The system comes with an integrated 256 ATI xpress 200 card.
I wanted to shop around for something. The sales associate said that the only kind of card my comp can handel is a 128? Is that true? But any way. Looking for some pointers.

Any help appreciated,
thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

Hey I am buying a new video card I willing to spend a maximum of ish dolalrs canadian umm Any suggestions is this a good New A Buying Video Card card ATI RADEON MB AGP Video Card Delivery info Item Price Quantity Delivery ATI RADEON MB AGP Video Card Item Number Each Next Business Day The RADEON delivers an exceptional visual experience for the value minded gamer and PC enthusiast With bit and DDR memory and impressive processor speed of its innovative micron visual processing unit VPU the RADEON takes you to a world of lush graphics with a stutter free experience Its pixel rendering pipelines with a fill rate of giga-pixels per second combine to deliver dramatic image detail which adds to great D game play and a immersive video playback experience Features The RADEON provides full Buying A New Video Card support for Microsoft DirectX allowing you to immerse yourself in real-time cinematic game play for today s and tomorrow s game titles Four parallel rendering pipelines process up to billion pixels per second Advanced digital video support for flat panel displays DVI VGA VO and dual monitor support included Enhanced de-blocking technology delivers superior streamed internet video playback Innovative decoding technology with reduced reliance on the main CPU significantly improves DVD and HDTV video playback quality Driven with the industry leading stability and reliability of ATI s CATALYST certified driver suite Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Buying A New Video Card

For that money you can get either a 9600xt or a low end 9800, either would do you better then the 9550.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-video-card.428011/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys,
I am building a new computer from scratch and I have decided on all the parts except for the video card, which I keep hearing conflicting opinions about from all my friends, so I have come to you for help!!!!!!
I want to get a video card which will play all the new games for the next 2-3 years at medium settings. Right now, I am thinking about the Geforce 8600GT 512 GDDR3 that i found for $130 on newegg but I was told by someone that is currently won't even play some of the new games like Bioshock on low settings. What is your opinion on this card and is there any cards that you guys recommend for the ~150 to 250 price range (cheaper the better)
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Buying a New Video Card

There is no card that will be on top for 2-3 years. Especially not any 8600GT.

The larger amount (512MB) of video memory is just bait for those who assume that bigger is better. All GeForce 8600GT GPU's have a 128-bit memory interface. This makes it quite useless to have 512MB of memory (imagine draining a big bucket of water through a tiny pin-sized hole).

For current-gen games, there is one DX9 card still hanging in there, and that is the Radeon x1950PRO. It's cheap, and will beat any variation of the GeForce 8600GT.

However, I'm guessing you want something DX10-capable and reasonably future-proof. If that's the case, I wouldn't bother with any product in the GeForce 8600 series. Push it up one level and go for the 8800GTS 320MB (slightly above your max. budget, I'm afraid).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-video-card.90211/
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm in the process of building a new computer and need a reccomendation on a video card. I'm looking at a 128mb Geforce mx440 NVidia AGP NR. However, I'm not sure what the "NR" means. My RAM is DDR, does that have anything to do with it? I'm also not entirley sure this is the best choice I can make. What is the difference between Geforce and ATI brands?

Relevancy 67.51%

I have a computer game that needs a "DirectX-Compliant 3D Hardware Accelerator (32MB VRAM) with full Transform and Lighting".
What exactly does that mean? Do most 3D video cards have Transform and Lighting? Are most video cards DirectX-Compliant? Video cards and hardware accelerators are the same thing, right?What is the cheapest card that meets the above requirements? Once I have one of these, how do I install it?

Relevancy 67.51%

Hey everyone im gettin this video card off craigslist for 25$ Its a evga Geforce FX5200 128mb. It will be a big upgrade from my pci 32mb lol. I need this video card to run battlefield 2 with smooth and clean graphics with no lag or problems. I want good detail, but nuthin to special like 512 mb. is this a good deal? And how would the graphics look like? got a link? I have an ecs motherboard with open agp, and also can i keep my current video card for a boost to go with other video card? thnaks for looking

A:Buying a New Video card

That card is too low and is not supported by Battlefield 2. So "smooth and clean graphics with no lag or problems," - no.

It should be an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater or ATI Radeon 8500 or greater. And these cards are minimum. Even they won't be without lag problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-video-card.46231/
Relevancy 67.51%

I m thinking about purchasing a new video card for my PC I currently have an ATI RADEON PRO which is a really nice card but it s probably not going to Card a New Buying Video perform well with the next generation Buying a New Video Card of games Call of Duty makes it stutter and it really takes a beating with The Elder Scrolls Oblivion What I want to know is is it a good time to be buying a new video card Buying a New Video Card If Buying a New Video Card so what should I get I don t think I want to pay more than The ATI x looked like a decent card at a somewhat affordable price Also important is the size of the video card My friend had a nvidia card I m not sure what model that was actually too large to fit in my computer Are the newer cards going to be much larger than the ATI PRO EDIT Also I forgot Are there going to be any power-supply restraints I m guessing newer video cards eat up significantly more power than my current card nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I m posting this to make sure I m going to buy something that s going to work with my computer Here s hopefully all the information video Need help buying card you ll need to help me make a good choice Thanks I play WoW mostly because that s the only thing I can play on my computer I am very interested in FPS games Bioshock makes me slobber on my keyboard F E A R and Portal look very interesting too and everything else in that area I m willing to spend a decent ammount of money ish so that I can have Need help buying video card a good gamming experience You know high frame rate with beautiful graphics Here s some information about my power supply that I could pull off the side HIPRO The brand name or company it s in big letters at the top Model HP-D F R AC input - Hz - V Need help buying video card A - V A DC output V A V shall not exceed W Max output power W Now here s some of my computer specs I used the program CPU-Z to get them Giving information highlighted in the guide on the forums I saw Name AMD Athlon X Core Speed MHz I couldn t see the second picture for some reason in the guide so here s what I think is useful from quot Mainboard quot Model NODUSM Chipset NVIDIA GeForce lol I know right Southbridge NVIDIA nForce MCP In the BIOS section Brand Phoenix Technologies LTD Version Date Memory I m planning on buying an extra GB Type DDR Channels Dual Size Mbytes Also I m from Canada The guide told me say that O o This is the information I thought was useful If you need anything more to know what would be best please let me know I ll be monitoring this for a few weeks Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-video-card.113887/
Relevancy 67.51%

So i am upgrading my core 2 to the new core 2 duo 3.0 and my old nvidia 8800 320 to the 640 mb version of a nvidia 8800 card i have 478.00 to spend.which card do you guys think i should get?it has to be from amazon.com also as i am using my gift card there .

A:Need help buying a new video card.

bump anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-new-video-card.83539/
Relevancy 67.51%

So I recently just built a new computer and I intend to buy a new video card I don t know what to buy because my PSU is only W I also don t want to get something to find out that it doesn t fit in my case Help buying video new card or run because of my PSU My Comp Specs Antec Mid Tower Case Western Digital Caviar Black GB RPM LG X DVD R DVD PNY GB x GB Antec Basiq BP W GIGABYTE GA-MA -UD AM AM AMD ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Athlon X Kuma GHz Socket AM W Acer X Wbd quot Widescreen LCD Monitor Windows Vista Ultimate bit So what are my limits as to how decent a gpu I can get Someone said I could go up to a HD without problems but I m not really sure I can go up that high I don t intend to change any other parts of the comp since I just recently got Help buying new video card the parts Anyways I hope to get some feedback and thanks in advance Edit Forgot to mention some stuff Games I Help buying new video card intend to play are like WoW Oblivion L D My max buget would be around the s and I don t mind waiting for a sale because I m not really in a rush because of school If you need any more info I would be glad to post nbsp

A:Help buying new video card

First, find which cards your motherboard will support and then start filtering them out from there. For example, do you want to use an ATI or NVIDIA based graphics card? Do you use you computer for games or is it a workstation? Obviously, you need to look at the power requirements for each card you look at but it's not a huge deal if you need to swap power supplies (worst case scenario). Also, make sure the card you choose has at least 512MB of onboard vRAM. 256MB is too little these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-new-video-card.128361/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey I have an HP m n my specs should be somewhere on my profile ask if you cant find them I recently bought Gears of War for the PC and as everyone knows it takes a pretty up to date PC with flawless graphics I currently have the NVIDIA GeForce LE which I believe clocks at MHz I also just got a new Acer p w monitor which has a x resolution and DVI inputs There are video cards that I am choosing between since I would rather buy it in store have a circuit city and best buy really close than order it These are the I am looking at eVGA e-GeForce GT MB PCI-E Video Card eVGA e-GeForce MB GT Video Card eVGA e-GeForce GS MB PCI-E Video Card I have plenty of HD space GB RAM which I also have empty RAM slots I am going to fill and all of the other reqs meet Just need some advice on a graphics card that I couuld get locally in the - price range that would run on my current power supply without replacing it nbsp

A:Need help with buying a new video card.

Those cards really aren't good enough. The minimum requirements seem to be a Geforce 6600 or Radeon X700, The 8400GS might be OK but I'm not sure.

The Radeon x1650 Pro would meet the requirements: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Diam...91614/catOid/-13043/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-buying-a-new-video-card.667029/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok I have a Dell Dimension 8400 and in my PCIe slot I have a nVIDIA GeForce 6800 PCI-E Series video card. What I want to do is get a new video card that can handle the games I throw at it like Crysis to some extent. I not 100% sure were to start on this and any help would be grate.
Everest says this is my computer:
Motherboard: CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 550, 3400 MHz (17 x 200) Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 8400 Motherboard Chipset Intel Alderwood i925X System Memory 2560 MB (DDR2 SDRAM) BIOS Type Phoenix (10/11/04) Communication Port Communications Port (COM1) Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1) Display: Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU (256 MB) Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU (256 MB) 3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6800 PCI-E Series Monitor Dell E173FP [17" LCD] (641804B14P9S)

I would like to stay under $400 if possible
Also do you think I should get any more memory or a new processor?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 67.51%

It is time for me to upgrade my video card. I just sold my old ti4600 for $103, so my budget is around $140. I really want an ATI card, because I know they perform much better when FSAA and AF are cranked all the way up. I am open to nvidia cards though, if there is a good deal. I am also open to ebay, as I buy pretty much everthing there. It would be nice to get something I could overclock or softmod, but it's not required as long as it plays all the games I like to play (NFSU2, Halo, Call of Duty).
Thanks,
-X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-on-buying-new-video-card.319612/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys,

I have an Intel motherboard of model DG31PR,
PSU with power 450 watt,
2.98 GB of RAM,
Screen resolution of 1024x768
and Windows XP pro service pack 3.

which video card should i get for this kind of PC?
I need it so I can play the new upcoming games(Call of duty...)

NOTE: I have a PCI Express slot and I want it to be a 1GB card and LESS than $100.
______________________________________________ __________
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 67.51%

I need to toss away my crappy SIS Mirage graphics, I really hate it, so I visited Newegg and liked this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125170

It´s a 256Mb card, with an interface of 128 bits, and I can afford it. I can only afford 55 dlls, so this is the best. I don´t play very much on the PC, i prefer playing with mi PS2.
Any BUDGET suggestion would be very nice. Thanks.

A:Buying a new AGP video card. Help!

I'd recommend against it if you can wait another week or two and scrap up like $65-$70. The 9200/9500 series do not even have most DX9.0 features, so unless you're planning on playing older games, a smarter upgrade would be to a more DX9.0 compliant card.

You can find Saphire 9600 Pro's on NewEgg for like $68. These would be substantially better, while I'd still say it's not even worth the fuss or hassle of an upgrade until you can get to the 6600/X800GTO level or greater... a 9600 Pro would at least offer more DirectX 9.0 features and decent lower-end performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-agp-video-card-help.37990/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok so I m not a huge gamer but I do enjoy the occasional game of counter strike new Video Card a Buying and that sort of thing I am leaving for college in months and I did not want to burden myself with having both a computer and TV when I can just do both on one piece of hardware I also wanted to play my xbox through my computer Buying a new Video Card watch TV on my monitor and still be able to have the video graphics card to play some pretty good games Currently I have a Compaq Presario P ghz mb PC gb WD hard drive integrated graphics off of the mother board inch compaq flat panel monitor I just bought a surround system that came with a Sound Blaster Live audio card The ATI guys said that an All in wonder would do the trick but I was skeptic because it was coming from them Any way I am looking to spend less than but am willing to go up close to if this whole thing is worth it Could use help because I am not the sharpest tool when it comes to computers nbsp

A:Buying a new Video Card

Welcome to Techspot!! :wave:

Well first things first, The AIW 9000 is a pretty/very old peice of hardware, but it would do the trick, excluding your gaming needs.

AIW/All In Wonder means the card is capaible of a TV signal.

You would defently want to go for something more like the AIW 9600:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-345&depa=0

Theres quite a few reviews on that page too from customers that you may want to read.

However
Considering your computer has Integrated graphics off the mobo, I am willing to bet you dont have an AGP Slot - Which is a brick wall at that. Without an AGP slot, you cannot use any sort of AGP videocard (95% of the videocards today are AGP, except for the realll crappy ones/budget cards that come in PCI models).

Many TV Tuner cards (which are PCI) would work, but arent half as good as a Radeon AIW 9x00 would be. They also dont do anything for your gaming needs here and there.

So I'd be good to find out if you have an AGP slot.

If you have one:
I'd get the card I suggested
Put that in, your set to go all the way

If you dont have one:
You'll need to stick to your intergrated graphics unless you want a PCI videocard, which I doubt would be much better
You'll need a PCI TV Tuner card.

To Find out if you have an AGP slot, take the left side panel (looking towards the front of the computer) off, and look in at the motherboard. You should see a brown/differed colored slot slightly offset than the rest, at the top of all the other PCI slots.
Example:

This isnt your motherboard, but see the brown offset slot at the top of the rest? Thats the AGP slot. On mobos that have an AGP slot, theres only 1/one, then however many PCI slots. However yours may only have PCI slots. In which case that would suck, you wont get half the performance you would with that 9600, and your TV Tuner wont be as nice/as quailty...

So I'd say the first step is finding out if you have an AGP slot or not

Hope this helps,
agissi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-video-card.13736/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey I m looking for a new video card I have a GeForce but new games like Crysis need a GeForce minimum so I want a new one xD Anyway I was looking at the website of the shop where I usualy buy my stuff and they had difference ones The specifications they listed included Memory Frequency Core Frequency RAMDAC a Video Card Buying new Bus Slot DirectX and OpenGL Versions Maximum Resolution OS Drivers And ofc the Buying a new Video Card name XFX GeForce GT MB PCI-E As an example So what s the most important And at Compression it showed DirectX and OpenGL And at Drivers it showed Windows Vista Does that mean that I can t use the GT with my Windows XP And what card would you recommend anyway My budget is pretty much up to the GT the is a bit to expensive As I live in europe and the prices are way different in dollars Even when converted It s quite useless to tell Greetz Thas Edit I forgot to ask how to check if my is in a PCI-E slot atm nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals ?

A:Considering buying a new video card $200

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-buying-a-new-video-card-200.203519/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am looking at buying a new video card in the near future and want one that is power but not so powerful it exceeds the capabilities of my CPU. I have a few questions on what is important when buying my video card. I am looking at buying a geforce 6600 256MB AGP 8x but still have a few questions.

What's the fastest card I could get without exceeding my CPU?

How is my CPU speed and my video card related?

What is more important clock speed or on board memory?

What is a good memory clock speed and core clock speed?

Is a geforce 6800 128MB card better than a geforce 6600 256MB?

What games would a geforce 6600 256MB card max out what games would it not?

Lastly from what you have seen or heard how well would a geforce 6600 256MB card perform running Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion?

Relevancy 67.51%

My system is 2.4GHz, 512Ram, GeForce 4 4200.

Question: My son and I do a lot of gaming. Would a newer video card improve game appearance/performance noticably enough to warrent buying one? (We'd be budgeting $200 or so.) We'd like to get reasonable performance out of HalfLife2, etc. Or. is it more sense to wait for next gen. cards?

Suggestions for any video cards?

Thanks!

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello i need help on selecting one of two video card My old computer got fried a week ago so i had to get a pc from local store really fast I picked a Need Card~! Buying on Help Video open box one for and the maker was gateway I am planning to buy another computer in - monthes for my school works and gaming and make this computer Need Help on Buying Video Card~! as p p and gonna connect to TV and watch some stuffs However for meanwhile i need this computer for my gaming I still have old projection TV which only have a S-video port and single video port component composite with audio ports The condition of the TV is not really good so probably end up buying new one soon So i need a graphic card that can work with my current TV and future TV and a Need Help on Buying Video Card~! card that can run games I do not need maxed-out setting for gaming and i cant have it since my monitor only support up to x Here is my spec Motherboard - Foxconn C GU i believe this is oem only mobo Graphic interface - On Board GF with mb shared memory Memory - GB DDR PC sticks of mb CPU - AMD X CPU Speed - GB Power Supply Make Model -going to buy new one since this one only have watt Watt output Amperage - going to buy new one watt -enuf I am currently considering video cards BFG NVIDIA GeForce GT OC MB PCIe http www bfgtech com bfgr gtoce aspx Sapphire ATI HD pro HDMI http www sapphiretech com ca products products overview php gpid amp grp I understand GT have more power but HD s HDMI with sound capability is very tempting for future use yes i want to keep this computer as long as i can use and i heard ATI is bit better with Ds Oh and its about cheaper One of my biggest concern with HD is it might not have enough power to run p media such ones from hd-dvd blueray who knows i might buy one in few years because someone told me i will be needing bits memories to run HD stuffs THank you nbsp

A:Need Help on Buying Video Card~!

8600GT hands down (not because I own one either).
2400Pro - 64bit memory bus
8600GT - 128bit memory bus

Compare for yourself:
http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards...cadca7ba72580e58e3921f23c&card1=513&card2=525

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-buying-video-card.84830/
Relevancy 67.51%

..its actually for one of my friends, he's been bugging me about it xD, he's got this mobo:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2669

..dont know if its any good really, his budget is around 126 USD, i already told him the nvidia geforce 9600gt will be the best bang for his buck, but i dont know if there's something cheaper and as good, also i dont know about the compatibility coz his mobo seems a little oldish right? also, is the ati 4670 any good? its cheap and i heard its good!!! thx in advance.. =)

A:Buying a new video card!

4670 is cheap and good. It's in some cases better than 9600 GT, averagely about the same level. ATI cards also offer a bit better compatibility (no random issues like with some nvidia cards) with older PCI-E 16x slots.
For that budget, you could also get a Radeon 4830: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102803 or almost (4$) 4850: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102770

Whichever you go for, make sure you have enough and enough high quality power for the card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-video-card.795765/
Relevancy 67.51%

i am plannin on buying a video card. And was wondering If this would work on my pc.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321893

here is the card name:
MSI RX9800PRO-TD128 Radeon 9800 PRO AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail
and here are my pc specs

p4 @ 1.8 ghz
256 memory
soundmax sound card integrated.
intel D845ebg2 motherboard

link for my motherboard: http://www.finnro.com/intel_d845ebg2_motherboard.htm

Relevancy 67.51%

CPU: Intel® Celeron® D Processor 335
(2.80GHz, 533MHz FSB, 256KB L2 cache)
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home (SP2)
Chipset: Intel® 865GV chipset
Memory: 768MB DDR 400
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 280GB
Optical Drive: CD-RW + DVD+RW Drives
Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics2 3D
64MB shared video memory
Sound: AC '97 audio
Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Standard keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers
Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 in front, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

I Only have PCI slots, i have 3 free PCI slots, i am on a budget of under 80$. Does anyone know a good PCI card for my computer? And would buying an Audio card help performance any?

A:Buying New Video Card PCI :(

This card looks pretty cool.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150061
Hope this helps.
kitty500cat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-video-card-pci.55015/
Relevancy 67.51%

hello all first off thanks for all the help everyone provides in the forums Now maybe i should know this but i don t Card??? How? Video and Buying Why? i am an avid WoW player yes i Buying Video Card??? How? and Why? have a life--job wife kid dog etc and my system just isn t up to snuff i played on my brother in laws laptop i am on desktop and was blown away at how bad my pc was performing he recommended getting a graphics card problem is this can be very complicated i am listing my specs with the hopes of suggestions and or guidance thanks Operating System Windows Vista amp Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer GATEWA System Model GT BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag VersionDisplay Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Buying Video Card??? How? and Why? Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name igdumd dll Driver Version English DDI Version Ex Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size Buying Video Card??? How? and Why? bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF-B - A C CA Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x E B Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C nbsp

A:Buying Video Card??? How? and Why?

he is right, you are currently using onboard graphics, which is not only weak but also takes away resources from your CPU and RAM. speaking of which, you only have 1gb of RAM so you might want to get another 1gb of RAM.

you should check your motherboard and see what kind of expansion slot you have, AGP or PCI-E. then state what kind of budget you have and we can go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-video-card-how-and-why.797629/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Im new to the world of video cards and all this hardware stuff I recently bought a few new games and had all the requirements except for my video card I have an ATI Radeon X XT which is below minimum system requirements for most everything i bought go figure I am looking to buy a new video card that would perform well with good quality and last a while before i have to upgrade again The thing is i dont want to pay for one of these little things and have no idea what would be good to buy Now im not sure exactly what would be compatible with my motherboard other things i know nothing about If there card help video buying Need a is some way i can find the specs i need and post them could someone let me know Im just looking for some ideas on what would have what im looking for as well as being compatable with my computer Thanks nbsp

A:Need help buying a video card

As of today, the NVidia 8800 GT is the best performer for the money. (under $300). E.V.G.A. is a good company to get NVidia based graphics processors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-video-card.96673/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I am ready to replace my old video card with a card Buying new video a new one but i don t know which would be the best Buying a new video card for my computer I have an old video card Nvidia geforce MX MX I know I know I have about dollars to spend and I don t want to buy something that i will regret later I want to use it for video games some video editing and photo Buying a new video card applications Here are some of my computer specs Field Value Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Asus P B -LA Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i D System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Medallion Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX MX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX MX Monitor HP Pavilion F quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel BA ICH - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel r BA Bus Master IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD BB- CAA GB IDE Optical Drive HP DVD Writer j DVD RW x x CD x x x DVD RW Optical Drive TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M x x DVD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HP PS Keyboard K - Keyboard HP USB Keyboard Hub - HID Keyboard Device r Mouse USB Scroll Mouse Network Network Adapter Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Modem Lucent Win Modem Any advice and help is greatly appreciated Thanks Kladiscope nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

I am looking to buy a new video card that will support two monitors (d-sub). I know that I need a PCI Express Card, but I am not sure how to know which type I can use. I see the following types:

PCI Express 2.1 x16
PCI Express 2.0 x16
PCI Express x16
PCI Express x1

I have a Dell Vostro 230, slim tower.

Does anyone know how to tell what type of card is compatible?

Thanks.

Relevancy 67.51%

My specs are ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name MICHAEL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language Video Card. a Buying English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c Buying a Video Card. DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Gateway EV Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF-E - D A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS Devices ------------ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Matching Device ID pnp Service i prt Driver i prt sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Matching Device ID root rdp kbd Upper Filters kbdclass Service TermDD Driver termdd sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes Microsoft PS Mouse Matching Device ID pnp f Service i prt Driver i prt sys bytes Driver mouclass sys bytes Terminal Server Mouse Driver Matching Device ID root rdp mou Upper Filters mouclass Service TermDD Driver termdd sys bytes Driver mouclass sys bytes ---------------------------- DirectPlay Service Providers ---------------------------- DirectPlay Modem Service Provider - Registry OK File dpnet dll DirectPlay Serial Service Provider - Registry OK File dpnet dll DirectPlay IPX Service Provider - Registry OK File dpnet dll DirectPlay TCP IP Service Provider - Registry OK File dpnet dll Internet TCP IP Connection For DirectPlay - Registry OK File dpwsockx dll IPX Connection For DirectPlay - Registry OK File dpwsockx dll Modem Connection For DirectPlay - Registry OK File dpmodemx dll Serial Connection For DirectPlay - Registry OK File dpmodemx dll DirectPlay Voice Wizard Tests Full Duplex Not run Half Duplex Not run Mic Not run DirectPlay Test Result Not run Registry OK ------------------- DirectPlay Adapters ------------------- DirectPlay Modem Service Provider Intel R EP Data Fax Modem DirectPlay Serial Service Provider COM DirectPlay Serial Service Provider COM DirectPlay TCP IP Service Provider Local Area Connection - IPv - ----------------------- DirectPlay Voice Codecs ----------------------- Voxware VR kbit s Voxware SC kbit s Voxware SC kbit s MS-PCM kbit s MS-ADPCM kbit s Microsoft GSM kbit s TrueSpeech TM kbit s And i m looking to buy a nvidia card problem is i don t know what the best one would be to get I m looking to get the best one i can for can go to Anyway i need to buy one because i need pixel shader to play Medieval II can anyone help me with this nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

i am about to buy a new video card but i dont know which one to get. I want one that is a good one for games and that is compatible with my system. My budget is $140 downwards.

Pick the video card from this site

or if you know any other cheap perth, austrlian sites then ley me know.
sytem

AMD Athlon XP 1.8ghz
curent video card: Nvidia TNT 2 32 mb

Relevancy 66.65%

Ok so i need a new video card my motherboard is a PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA it has a NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce in it right now but i wanting to upgrade it to NVIDIA GeForce GTX if thats even better at all Im trying to play card buying one a new is video I'm not compatible what sure bfbc but it so slow that the graphics dont keep up i can throw c take secs for the c to show up and then blow it and it takes forever for anything to happen even single player is slow and my pc has gb ram heres my current video car specs in case ya want to see Card name NVIDIA I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible GeForce SE nForce Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce SE I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible nForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS A C C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name HP Series Wide LCD Monitor Monitor Model HP Monitor Id HWP Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvd dum nvwgf umx dll nvwgf um Driver I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- D - A C C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x A C C Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name nv lh inf NVIDIA Mfg NTamd nv NV x ci ven de amp dev d Rank Of Driver F Video Accel Also if you can give me suggustions on any cards that would work that would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible

That should work, but with Pegatron, you never know, and they are not willing to tell you on their website.

Do you have the motherboard memory maxed out, a decent hard drive, and all other features up to snuff? You shouldn't be having major problems with that video card, and it may be that you will not be able to get better performance, based on that system board.

I see you apparently have already searched a number of other sites... so info is scarce.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-buying-a-new-video-card-not-sure-what-one-is-compatible.149420/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all

I just had my card fry, its an XFX Geforce 8800 Ultra sitting on a Asus P5B mother board (pci-e).

Now i need a card but dont want to spend to much money. What are my options?

I figured i want to spend $100 or less if possible get something with the same performance or slightly better.
I was looking at the ATI 4850 HD and the geforce GT240 but im open to any other suggestions.

I do play games but not hard core since i have the ps3 for that.

A:Need advice buying a video card.

Don't forget about the warranty: http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Features/DoubleLifetimeWarranty.aspx

As for a replacement, the GT 240 would be a downgrade, the Radeon HD 4850 or 5750, or a Geforce GTS 250 would be on par or a bit better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-buying-a-video-card.933585/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey i'm in need to buy a new video card for my computer, i really only need to improve the grapics of my games (cs, hl2, halo, fear...). It has an agp 4x/8x slot.. and i'm willing to spend anywhere between 150-250 bucks..

i've kind of narrowed it down to 2 different cards.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130202

..only bad part is it is 128mb

and also i'm thinking about an ati saphire x800 256mb, but there's so many out there i dont really know which one would be best..

so do you think i should get one of those two? or if you have any better cards thatd be great. thanks

A:Buying new video card.. suggestions??

can't tell your link is dead. The ATI Radeon 800 card will be good. 128 mb will be fine for most games. What games do you play or do you want to play?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-new-video-card-suggestions.416791/
Relevancy 66.65%

OK, I'm going out to buy a new video card, and I was curious which is preferable (better performance)... getting 2 GeForce 7600 GT 256 MB cards and running them SLI, or getting 1 GeForce 7900 GTX 512 and just running it solo. both setups would be about the same price off Tiger Direct, I just need to know which will run better for high end gaming.

A:Buying new video card...need advice

I do believe SLI.

You might want to look somewhere other then Tigerdirect though, have heard some horror stories.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-new-video-card-need-advice.468101/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

Quick question, I'm going to buy a new video card that requires a PCI express 2.0 slot. I've run CPU-Z and found this entry:

Code:

PCI capability
Caps class PCI Express
Caps offset 0x78
Device type PCI-E Endpoint Device
Port 0
Version 2.0
Link width 16x (max 16x)
This seems pretty straight forward, but, being highly paranoid about this sort of thing , I figured I'd verify that this indeed means I can run a PCI express 2.0 card on this system before I go ahead and buy it. I'm going to have to verify that my PSU is adequate as well, but that'll be pretty straight forward.

For those curious I'll be purchasing an Nvidia gtx 560 card and have a MSI GF615M-P33 motherboard. I've also attached the full CPU-Z text file.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 66.65%

hello again everyone i need help with something again im interested in buying a new video or as some say it Graphics Card problem is ive been reading around and such and it seems you cant just buy one and plug it in and expect it to work all this PCI and PCI express and AGP stuff is all confusing also i know you have to worry about the Power supply PSU right cause if you buy a strong card your current PSU wont be enough but im interested in purchasing a new card so does anyone which cards Solved: Buying Video Card New i can buy btw Solved: Buying New Video Card here is my sytem info to further assit you all Dell Dimension Pentium Processor GHz GB RAM ill probably upgrade this too but this is easy and my current Video card is Raedon X which i assume is not built in because i googled it and i actually get a picture of it and the back of my computer look like the edge of the pic i found on google and i think thats you guys need unless you need my PSU power supply then i dont know where to find that Anywho as always your help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I m getting a new video card as I m running Natural Selection at about - FPS Counter Strike at - FPS and Buying card, please video a advise. Day Buying a video card, please advise. of Defeat at - FPS This is all at x Buying a video card, please advise. or whatever so it s depressing My computer is a year old HP Pavilion I ve upgraded the memory big time over the years and I ve got rather good memory something like megabytes or atleast either way the Buying a video card, please advise. memory is adequate My video card is a Tnt megabyte m with SDRAM The processor is a Pentium ghz This computer got the job done quite well when I got it as the P and Xp were both brand spankin new Regardless I ATLEAST need to get NS DoD and CS running faster as of now CS is the only game I can get to run at a comfortable rate and I m not fond of CS I d prefer to run NS or even DoD quickly I m looking at a XFX GeForce FX MB DDR AGP X VGA TV Out Video Card It seems to be pretty decent At the very least I m certain it will bump my FPS up another FPS which is what I need At best I m hoping to run Half Life at the lowest settings and get it to chug along somehow Is that unrealistic I m guessing it is sadly but what about Battlefield I m ASSUMING I could run that with this card on my computer because if not then I really need a new computer but there is no way in hell I will get one in the forseeable future My budget on a video card is dollars maximum I m looking for a miracle and when I found out I could get this card for after a dollar rebate I found my miracle That s a great deal and even if MY computer won t run Half Life my sisters might it s decent it has a GeForce MX and a decent Athlon processor around ghz I believe it ran Splinter Cell superbly and it was bought recently and was about bucks so it seems good Anyways I was just wondering out of the following options what would work the best I don t care about saving money as long as it s not over bucks over MIGHT be possible but that s swinging for a foot home run when I m already aiming for the fences That s overkill althought potentially feasable Regardless here are my options from what I ve seen I don t care about buying a refurbished video card the best bang for the buck is what I need Thank you http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Tab amp NoMapp XFX GeForce FX MB DDR AGP X VGA TV Out Video Card http www techforless com cgi-bin tech less LR- id RBHYC J amp mv pc Leadtek WINFAST A FX AGP MB LP VIDEO http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Tab amp NoMapp Connect D Radeon se MB DDR AGP X VGA TV Out Video Card http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId PNY GeForce FX MB AGP X VGA TV Out White Box Video Card From my searching it seems the candidates are either a Radeon SE or non SE or a Nvidia GeForce FX So if you can take the time to search www newegg com and get an idea of what I should get it would be highly appreciated Thank you for your time I ve gotta sleep now Oh yes keep in mind I don t mind if a game runs at FPS or even if that s all I can get if I can possibly get HL to run at bare bone settings at even fps that would rule Anyways yeah if you help thank you very much Goodnight nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey all

Im looking to buy a new video card to upgrade my current ATI x1900 XTX.
Im looking at these two:

http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10720BD6798&vpn=BFGR88768GTXOC2E&manufacture=BFG

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3094833

I know the Ultra suppose to be faster. But when looking at a price/quality ratio. which one would be a better choice?

both are in Canadian Dollars

Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings I have once again come to this marvelous place of computer-related wisdom With a problem more like a question I ll get to the question then I am a gamer but I have a very outdated video card right now which supports only up to Shader Model ATI Radeon x series Now seeing that more and more good games require at least Shader Model I am heartbroken Well maybe not that but just bored of playing those old games I have on buying card a new Planning video been thinking of buying a new video card to suit my needs but before I start saving up enough money for that I want some insight as when it comes to computer hardware I m not the sharpest tool in the shed Planning on buying a new video card Just as a bit of Planning on buying a new video card an info my motherboard is nForce -A I have two hard drives Maxtor Y P and ST AS Now my question is Is it worthwhile to buy just a new video card for my computer Planning on buying a new video card or would it wise to buy a whole new computer since it is somewhat ancient and might not support a new video card If a just a new video card is possible what would you recommend for me Something that would probably be soft on my wallet is recommended xD nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have an intel core I3 processor and was wondering if it influences the time to buy a video card?

by:infotarde1

A:Influences when buying a video card

I would assume not likely. The video card determines how well and fast the graphics are. But the CPU is almost like a helpline with the gfx card. For example, I played a game with a decent CPU and integrated graphics and the game ran like poop. Then I bought a video card and it ran a lot smoother. I didn't necessarily have to buy a new processor. When it comes to the games features and processes, that's when you should consider upgrading. But the CPU is like brain and the video card is like the blood... Sorry if I'ts a bit confusing. =/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/influences-when-buying-a-video-card.1041964/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm looking to buy a new PSU so I can upgrade my video card. I'm on ATI's site checking out their approved PSUs, I'm gonna get one from Thermaltake I think.

Which from this site would you recommend: http://ati.amd.com/products/certified/powersupplies.html#pstop

Relevancy 66.22%

Do you make these 6 mistakes when buying a video card?.

The article discusses each of the following mistakes:

1- Buying a video card based solely on the amount of memory.
2- Buying a lower-end new generation model over a higher-end old generation model.
3- Not considering the space/power requirements.
4- Teaming a powerful video card with a slow Cpu
5- Buying an overkill video card for the games that you play.
6- Listening to the recommendations of only one person.

-- Tom

A:Do you make these 6 mistakes when buying a video card?

I usually do the 4th "mistake"(see specs for the severity of my "mistake") just because I enjoy gaming the most and because of the ridicilous prices here and my very limited budget. Never the others, at least, and I'm proud of it lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-you-make-these-6-mistakes-when-buying-a-video-card.790789/
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok, I'm thinking about buying one of these 6600 gt refurbs from newegg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814127150R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814122204R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814125156R

couple of questions:

does anyone have any experience with refurb vid cards?

anyone know if they're covered by warranty?

Which make is the best...Leadtech, Gigabyte, MSI, etc...?

Newegg says the refurbs don't come with anything but the card. Will I need to by any cables or anything to hook it up?

Is it worth buying the 6600 gt refurb or should I pay about $10 more for a 6600 retail.

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a new gateway, currently it has 2 gigs of ram, 4600 AMD athlon duo processor, a 300 watt power supply, and a geforce 6200 OC...the video card is terrible, going to return it. Looking to upgrade both the power supply and the video card, i have a pci and a pci-express slot, and im looking to spend around 200$combined. I want to be able to play games like oblivion, half life 2, world of warcraft...mainly oblivion. What would be the wisest spending of my money?

A:Buying a Video card and power supply help

if possible, i would return the machine or sell it. the best choice for a new computer is a standard PC, not a mass-produced name-brand OEM rig. OEM vendors such as gateway, dell, sony, and HP use specialized parts that are all too often incoherent with industry standards. consequently, attempting to interchange your stock parts (namely the power supply) with normal parts may result in failure.

if your gateway happens to be compatible with a standard power supply, i recommend the antec smartpower 2.0 SP-500. it is a 500W ATX supply with modular cabling and thermally controlled fans. it's a reliable, quiet, and powerful supply that costs $70 (USD) and is available at most local shops and online retailers.

as for video cards, i recommend that you get an nvidia-based card, 7600GT or higher. BFG, asus, gigabyte, msi, and XFX are all good brands that have competitively priced models. i reccomend the asus 7600GT model, it costs $140 (USD) and is a solid choice.

getting a decent card and power supply as mentioned will cost you about $200 (USD), or a bit more depending on your choices.

remember, because you have a new gateway, that even opening the case may void the warranty, and changing parts definitely voids the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-video-card-and-power-supply-help.70989/
Relevancy 65.36%

I guess my question was too long :-) but....
Does buying a new video card require the uninstallation n reinstallation of media software, codec packs etc.
I'm in the process of buying a new video card to replace my current one and since there are a few media software (Media monkey, VLC, GOM, Windows MP), codec packs (klite), and stuff like games and Photoshop which depend on such a card I was wondering if this would mean having to uninstall and reinstall all of these.

A:Does buying a new video card require the uninstallation n reinstall...

naw i dont think so , u will have to install new drivers for it but naw i dont think u'll have to do that

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/330863-does-buying-new-video-card-require-uninstallation-n-reinstall.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey needing a card guy computer Totally illiterate video buying help how are you doing Sorry if i sound like a complete dummy but i was hoping to upgrade my video card and was hoping someone could give me advice on which one to choose I d like to play Call of Duty so was hoping for some advice Here is my computer spec Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English Totally computer illiterate guy needing help buying a video card System Manufacturer Compaq System Model Evo D SFF BIOS O v Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Totally computer illiterate guy needing help buying a video card Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B E amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF- D-B A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x B E Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run Any help would be much appreciated I know absolutely nothing about video card compatibility but i know how to put one in nbsp

A:Totally computer illiterate guy needing help buying a video card

According to this PDF: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11349_div/11349_div.PDF
You have: 1 low-profile AGP 4x slots

If that's your computer, then I would say, don't upgrade any internal part, upgrade the entire computer (instead of purchasing a new hard to get 4X AGP card)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/totally-computer-illiterate-guy-needing-help-buying-a-video-card.102351/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone I am new here and this is my first post Boy am I glad I found this place I am looking forward to becoming more knowledgable about all aspects of PC s For right now I am looking to find out what kind of video card I need Not quot which one is best quot - I went through the threads in this section and it s clear that there is enough good dialogue on that to help me out But I am relatively clueless about all the acronyms used to describe the characteristics of video cards My internet research on this has come up surprisingly short What I could find out from my system specs is that my card is AGP buying "need video another thread help card" and is an NVidia Vanta MB don t laugh My main concern is that my system specs another "need help buying video card" thread say my video memory is quot AGP- X upgradeable quot and my chipset specs say another "need help buying video card" thread quot complies with AGP specifications for X and X quot but all I see when shopping for video cards is quot X quot Now I don t even know what that means Because mine says it is upgradeable does that mean that I can use a modern X video card with high speed massive memory etc And I really don t know how much memory I will need either I plan on getting into gaming a bit and playing some of the modern games but probably not to the degree of serious gamers In fact the rest of my system might not be up to it for all I know My PC is an HP XL w AMD Athlon AMD Irongate AMD- chipset GB harddisk MB PC RAM and quot monitor Is MB video memory enough to handle modern games without stumbling Money is somewhat of an issue I would like to turn the floor over to the experts now and respectfully ask that if anyone has a couple of minutes could you please give me some advice -Mike nbsp

A:another "need help buying video card" thread

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Don't have time for a long answer, but here is some information to get you started

With that motherboard you cannot use an AGP 8x (or 4x if memory serves correctly) card. This is due to the voltage being supplied by the AGP port.

You need to find an old card which supports AGP 2x, a GeForce 2, Voodoo 3, perhaps a Geforce 3 or Voodoo 5.
But none of these cards will be very good in todays and tomorrows games.

As for memory, you can get away with 64mb, but then you won't be able to use any FSAA (Full Scene/Screen AntiAliasing), which imo is a very usefull thing.

Your current system will be a bottleneck in new games, especially your videocard. But I have a problem recommending a new card, as it will not really last you long enough to be worth the money.

And speaking of money, how much money have you put aside for this upgrade?

A new system (cpu, hsf, motherboard, ram, Case w/pusu) "only" costs around 200$ @ NewEgg + whatever videocard you'd like to buy.

APEX Super Case Mid-Tower Case With 300W Power Supply, Model "ATX3300-P4" -OEM
ASUS KM400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "A7V8X-MX SE" -RETAIL
Kingston ValueRAM 184 Pin 128MB DDR PC-2100 - OEM
Scythe Samurai 80mm CPU Cooler, Model "SCSM-1000" -RETAIL

This might be expensive, but aside from your harddrive and cd/dvd-roms, you'll be getting a brand new system.
You'll also be able to buy whatever videocard you want, instead of having to look for older cards.

Note, this is only something for you to think about, as, depending on your gaming interests, the system you've got will be able to last a bit longer with a new video card.

(Hmm, this became a bit of a long post after all. Guess I'd better hurry back to work then )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-need-help-buying-video-card-thread.12307/
Relevancy 50.74%

My 9 year old has a dell optiplex 755 SFF, he is asking me to upgrade his video card so he can play games like minecraft and some games on steam.
We are on a budget and found this Sapphire radeon 6450 on newegg for $39.99
Will this work in his computer and allow him to play minecraft? steam?
www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx;cm_re=6450-_-14-102-933-_-Product&RandomID=1698470702508220150427173530

Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708702
Relevancy 50.31%

hello, ho can u switch form an installed videocard to an on-motherboard video card? help plz

A:question on switching installed video card and thse form an on-motherboard video card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-switching-installed-video-card-and-thse-form-an-on-motherboard-video-card.667949/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am about to start doing a whole heap of things eg going to the capital city... as boring as Canberra is.. i would like a record of it... Ive been looking to buy a video camera for a while now, im on a limited budget and have absolutely no experience what so ever i can get cameras near cost for a relative, i have no idea what to get... i mean ive seen video cameras for $30.. surely they have to be junk, but i couldnt tell the difference! what should i look for when buying a video camera? my budget? around... *cough* $100 *cough* I dont need anything fancy or High def, a camera that works on memory card is fine, discs fine too but i cant stand tape... too bloody hard to work with... something small would be good too... so what specifications should i look for?

A:Buying a Video camera

IMy recommendation is to wait til the budget gets up to around $200 and buy a miniDV tape camera before they quit selling them. MiniDV is small, pretty inexpensive as camcorders go, start up faster and the DV quality is still better than the MPEG from a DVD or hard drive camera. The tapes are a lot more durable than DVD too.

Or wait til more affordable SD cameras with better features come out. It seems to me that a lot of the cheaper card cameras don't have zoom lenses or image stabilization. Nothing gets me seasick faster than looking at shaky video, and a little camera that's hand held will shake like mad.

Or consider the video mode on a regular digital camera. Newer compact cameras can take some decent videos. This site http://www.steves-digicams.com/cameras_dig2008.html offers AVI's you can download and check. It costs more than your budget, but you get a decent camera with the ability to shoot vdieo to SD card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-video-camera.734317/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am looking in buying a video camera and I want something I can record on then plug into my computer through USB or Firewire and then be able to edit the video. I have a budget of $300 and I found 3 on Newegg I am liking but not sure which one to choose.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCompare.asp?bop=AND&Submit=PROPERTY&SubCategory=205&PropertyCodeValue=1799%3A12246%2C1808%3A12334%2C1808%3A18483&MinPrice=0&MaxPrice=320&CompareItemList=N82E16830120037%2CN82E16830145045%2CN82E16830120035

If there are any others that could be recommended that will do that for the price, I would greatly appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I am just in the process of buying a new GFX card.

I have been thinking of getting the 4870. But is it worth getting a 1 gb version of it?

I havent seen any comparisons how much faster the 1gb version is over the 512 mb. Though I have heard that the 1 gb is faster but not sure how much

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Jon

A:Buying a new GFX card

The 1GB version is 10-15% faster on average than its 512MB counterpart. IMO, it just depends on how much you get each one for. If both are at the same or almost at the same price, it's a no-brainer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-gfx-card.118093/
Relevancy 49.45%

i need to buy a pci graphics card but i live in australia. could someone please give me a site that ships internationally or an australian site where i can buy a good pci card .

thx

A:Need help buying gfx card

Do a search on staticICE.Try pci video card as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-gfx-card.44119/
Relevancy 49.45%

seeing as i only have a pci slot and i am on a budget i need some advice as to what cards i can buy that will be alright to play new games on.

A:help buying a pci gfx card

Try this it will play all the new games and is the best PCI graphics card around.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143032
You'll have to sacrifice quality for performance though but its still the best choice for PCI.
You can even get a 6200 PCI version but its difficult to find.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-a-pci-gfx-card.42773/
Relevancy 49.45%

So ive just seen the stickied thread about when asking for an upgrade ill will post the information needed;

1. Motherboard - AsusTeK Computer INC. Grouper. Chipset = Intel i915P/i915G
2. Graphic interface - PCIe 1.0 (apparently can use 2.0)
3. Memory - 2.5gb DDR
4. CPU - Intel Pentium 4 505
5. CPU Speed - 2.6Ghz
6. Power Supply Make/Model - X-Power ATX 500TD
7. Watt output/Amperage - 500w

The only game i will be playing is World of Warcraft, i dont want a top class graphics card which going to cost me hundreds i want a graphics card which is less than £100, ($144) preferably under £70 ($101) but if needed i can go more.

I live in the UK (as might of guessed) but if you just name a suitable card then i can go hunting in shops and if needed online.

A:Buying a new card

Read your other posts as well and as you're aware you have a pretty dated system. The advice of saving up for an entire new system is the best option imo. However if you are adamant on just a new GPU to play World of Warcraft, I would think a 4670 would suffice. They run around $60-70 depending on who you buy them from. Unfortunately I do not know a good online retailer for the UK so hopefully someone else here can help. Also be aware that even a low-end card like the 4670 will likely be bottlenecked by your system. But the card alone should be just fine on your PSU, you could take a photo of the specs on the side of it though for us to double-check .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-card.147732/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I'm planning to buy a graphics card to replace my current card, an NVidia GeForce 9500GT 1 GB (DDR2). My budget is of INR Rs. 8000. On inquiring at my local retailer, I found out that the best card I can get for that range is Gigabyte 450 GTS 1GB DDR5 (I'm prefer NVidia cards to AMD).

Is this a good choice? Also, here are my system specs. Is my CPU good enough so as to not bottleneck games while running them?

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, 2653 MHz
RAM: Transcend 2 x 2GB DDR2-800 SDRAM
Monitor: Dell ST2210 [22" LCD]
Motherboard: Intel DG35EC
HDD: 250 + 500 GB SATA

A:Help with buying a new card (GTS 450)

Is your PC a pre-built machine (i.e. HP, Dell etc)? If so, I would advice looking at a possible power supply upgrade aswell as they are often shipped with a PSU that is only good enough to power the components it came with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-buying-a-new-card-gts-450.974144/
Relevancy 49.45%

Im looking to spend about $150 on a new video card, since my sapphire radeon took a dump. I've heard there are lots of good cards on newegg, but they look like they're mostly 3rd party manufacturers.
Could anyone point out a good card to buy? Thanks :grinthumb

A:buying a new vid card

ATI Radeon 9800 non pro or 9600 pro. If you have a couple extra bucks I would go with the 9600 XT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-vid-card.9630/
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer is years old i think Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium A MHz x Motherboard Name buying Need help a card Dell Computer Corporation Dimension Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i PE System Memory Need help buying a card MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Need help buying a card Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX Monitor Dell E FP R BFABZT Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Live Series Audio Processor It sucks but it s really reliable Had it for close to years and hasn t crashed once on me Its running about the same speed when i first bought it I need something that can run on it I want to play some good games like BF if i cant and need to buy a new comp then ill guess ill buy a new one I can also play counter strike source at x res Hope you guys can help me Thanks nbsp

A:Need help buying a card

Unfortunately you are probably limited to PCI video cards only.
Most of these cards will not run BF2 and other games well or even at all.

You said you have the option of buying a new computer, which I fully recommend if you can afford a decent midrange gaming PC. This will play BF2 much better than any card you choose for your Dell since you can get AGP and PCI-Express motherboards and videocards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-card.47458/
Relevancy 49.02%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I'm thinking of buying a new graphic card and I hope that you guys could give me some ideas, since I'm pretty much clueless (even though I read the long post about finding the right graphic card)
Basically, I'm going to use it for gaming only, my price range is limited to 250 USD and whats very important to me is that it has 2 HDMI ports.
Thanks in advance SF

A:Buying a new graphic card

A 560 or 6950 should be in your range, but u will only see an improvement of 5% or less with your current processor and your motherboard could use an upgrade also, and your money would be better spent in those areas first....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/208179-buying-new-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello..Im looking to buy a Pci Express card for gaming.Im looking for something in the range of $100-$150..Im sure i cant get nothing that is great for this price but i need to know what are the best cards around this price range? I prefer Nvidia but if a ATI card will give me more preformance then i would get it. As long as i can play some newer games on medium settings or so i would be happy..Thanks

A:Help Buying Pci Express Card

I would recommend this card : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150394

However, it would be more helpful if you could post your system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-pci-express-card.133912/
Relevancy 48.59%

i want to buy an LCD the i can watch tv on but also connect to my computer and it will be duel screen. my friend did this and i know he he said you need a certain graphics card. can anyone give me some info about this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-buying-lcd-and-right-graphics-card.739138/
Relevancy 48.59%

my friend wants to buy a new graphics card but is only willing to spend a 150 bucks. I've narrowed it down to a couple they are:

any refurbished 6600gt from newegg
a refurbished 6800 from newegg
or any new radeon 9800pro 256mb

i know the nvidias are a little bit stronger but not sure about buying a refurbished one, any input would help.

A:Help buying graphics card

well between those three i think u can go for the 6800 as it will outperform the the other two easily
between i dont know whether it is good to for a refurbished card

so the best advice will be to go for the ATI card as the performance will be good enough as well u get the satisfaction of going for a new card. :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-graphics-card.27307/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have two brand new Compaq computers running on Windows XP.
Neither one of them seem to have a decent 3d graphics video card and cant play new games or even old ones!
I dont know anything about computers or playing games ... just the complaints from my kids and DH.sigh... ( all I use the computer for is surfing the web for homeschooling the kids the kids then teach me

My Question: What 3d graphics video card should I buy? Do I need to put one in each of the computers? ( My DH says that they just snap in?) ( I hope it is that easy!)
What computer store will be teh best deal for a large family and small income?
Thanks a bunch for your help.
MeadowLark ( yes this is my name

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys, I think I am ready to buy a new Graphics Card for my Acer TravelMate 5520 laptop. The one I currently have is the ATI Radeon Express 1250.
This is the one that came with my laptop and don't think it is really good enough anymore.
Could anybody give me a few suggestions of any good Graphics Cards that will fit my laptop.
I am looking for improvement on the last Card but I don't really want to be spending too much money.
More info look at the attached picture.
Graphics Card Info.png
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/MARCUS%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

A:Buying A New Graphics Card

You need a gfx card that is compatible with the MXM II standard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/77611-buying-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Advice on buying an AGP 4X card

Hi,

I'm currently using an AGP 2X card in my old PIII system. It's a RIVA TNT2 model 64 card with only 32mb RAM.

My motherboard runs at 133mhz max, and supports AGP 4X cards, so I could do with recommendations on which old 4X cards (with as much RAM as possible) that I should be hunting for.

Any ideas?

A:Advice on buying an AGP 2X card

Perhaps and eVGA e-GeForce 6200 128-256MB. Or if you have the cash an 6800XT, 7300GT-7600GS. All those cards are 256MB. If you have 200 bucks to slam on old PC a 7800GS these are great but are like 300 Dollars. So look for something good like a 6800.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-buying-an-agp-2x-card.68255/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have never used more than integrated audio in my life. When I went over to my friend's house and heard what a Sound Blaster Audigy sounded like, well I was blown away. I am looking for a new sound card but I have no desire to spend more than $50. I was thinking about a sound blaster live. Plz give comments or sugestions

A:Buying a sound card, PLZ HELP

Howdy

PaulWuzHere said:

$50. I was thinking about a sound blaster live. Plz give comments or sugestionsClick to expand...

No suggestions needed. :wave:
Separate sound cards take a big load off the CPU
and give better sound quality.
I have non-oem SB live 5.1 that you should find for the $$'s
you want to spend....
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-sound-card-plz-help.30723/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 2 options as im on a budget and i want to know out of these 2 cards which would be the best, also for abit of gaming now and then nothing 2 heavy.
Option 1 is the sapphire radeon x1600pro 512mb and option 2 is the sapphire radeon hd 2600pro 512mb ? there both agp by the way as i don't have a 16x pci express slot which is a bummer i know.

Anyways i don't know to much about graphics cards and i know these cards ain't the best about by light years ! but as im on a budget and i can get them both at about the same price id just like to know which is the best out of these 2 cards 4 my money ?
Cheers !

A:Im Buying a new Graphics card......?

Get the Radeon HD 2600 Pro. That's a better card than the X1600 Pro.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/159031-im-buying-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I know i could prolly google that but I want to ask you guys.

Myy current card says that the Bus Interface is a PCI Express x16?
But can I buy a card that is PCI 2.0? And put it in this computer?
I will also buy new ram,and I know that my PSU is okay. I mean I have them watts.

Current setup.
Its from 2007. And I dont have the money to buy a new cpu.
Probably just some expensive like **** RAM and a nVidia GeForce GT 630 if I can put it in the my PCI slot.

A:Need help buying new card? PCIExpress x16? PCI 2.0?

Hi,

A GeForce GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 should be the best choice for your rig It will work perfectly! And it is a lot better than a GT 630. His price is near to the GT 630 one. I owned it and it was really a good mid-end GPU.

I suggest you to put in your system only PCI Express 1.0/1.1/2.0 cards. Some motherboards with PCI Express 1.0/1.1 (like yours) have issues with new cards which have PCI Express 2.1/3.0.

If you can, you should add 1GB of system RAM to get your pc perform better. 3GB are good for a 32-bit system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/268971-need-help-buying-new-card-pciexpress-x16-pci-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hey guys am new on buying a new graphic card and i wonder if you can help me am looking for a graphic card that is good for gaming and i got in mind but its difficult to decide when your new at this am either getting XFX Radeon HD Video Card - MB DDR PCI Express x CrossFireX Ready Dual a new help graphic Need on card!! buying Link Dual DVI HDTV or a EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX GB G-P - -AR the radeon is a bit cheaper but the price is not my Need help on buying a new graphic card!! concern the performance is becuase i want a graphic card that would be good in gaming and i also want to know the difference between Nividia and Radeon Is Radeon not compatible with some games such as unreal tournament or COD MWF i checked on the top ten best graphic cards for gaming and the radeon ranks on yet the Nividia GTX ranks on or but i dont really trust it and since you guys are experts at this i want your opinion please give me as much details and information about these two graphic cards this is my computer information incase you want to know if my cpu is compatible or could handle the graphic card like i said before am new at this stuff System Operating system Window Home Premium Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz GHz Installed Memory RAM GB System type bit-operating system System Manufactor HP-Pavilion Computer Memory Terabyte GB Current Graphic Card Nividia GeForce GT if you need more details about my cpu please comment back and leave direction how to get to it Also if you want more information on the graphic card go to the links below Nividia EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX GB G-P - -AR - eBay item end time Feb- - PST Radeon XFX Radeon HD Video Card - MB DDR PCI Express x CrossFireX Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDTV at TigerDirect com Thank you for your help

A:Need help on buying a new graphic card!!

If price isn't a concern...how about stepping the ATI up to the 5000 series?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/52413-need-help-buying-new-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I need help on selecting a sound card Right now i have an on board sound card Asus P B Mobo it worked fine for me until i installed Vista There is two problems i have with it in vista First the sound quality really went down and second most important is that i can use only the front speakers out of my setup I have an JVC home theater system hooked up to my computer and it worked great in XP Now in vista when i go to the sound options in control panel i can get the sound from all the speaker but when i play music or games or movies only the front speakers work I looked everywhere on the web and the best solution i found is to activate the fill speakers option in the sound properties but it doesn t really provide surround sound Any ways im thinking of buying a new sound card i was looking at the audigy ZS and dunno which is better thou and the XFi are expensive but if they worth it i might buy one So my questions are Should i buy a sound car Which one is better audigy ZS or and are there any other sound cards i should look into nbsp card buying sound help with Need a

Relevancy 48.59%

My ethernet card seems to be nearing death. What do I need to know about my system when purchasing a new one?

Also: Any recommendations on a specific card?

MOBO: Intel 440 BX
CPU: PII 350Mhz
RAM: 192Meg
Browser: IE5
Connect: DSL

Thanks!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

My system is

Windows 98 SE
Pentium IV 2.4 Ghz
512mb DDR Ram
Asus V9520 GeForce FX 5200 128mb 3D Card
17GB Hard Disk
40GB Slave Hard Disk
Intel D845GEBV2 Motherboard
On-board audio card ( SoundMax Digital Audio )

My motherboard has 6x 32-bit PCI slots, PCI 2.2 compliant
(support 3.3v / 5v interface).

I need help buying a budget PCI sound card, I need the sound card for gaming only. I cannot use the on-board audio for gaming since Intel did not provide a game port and no there is not surround audio.

Thank you

A:Help buying a new sound card

Creative S/B

Sound Blaster 5.1 availible at Newegg for $33.00 with game port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-a-new-sound-card.7902/
Relevancy 48.59%

My motherboard supports PCI express x16, but i have been seeing pci express 2.1 x16 online. I wanted to know if those would work with my mother board.

com specs:

HP Pavilion p6210y Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p6210y Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

A:What should i consider when buying a graphics card?

the appalling information given by HP doesnt even detail what kind of pci version it has.
Its definitely pci e and 16x lol, id hazard a guess at 2.0.

Now that doesnt hugely matter as PCI is backwards compatible, and the difference between a pci 2.1 and 2.0 is minimal, the speed tranfers are still the same.

Im going to be blunt and say you cant really upgrade your GPU to anything half decent with your current power supply. As its only 300w it is less than most modern cards draw.
a 500w+ is recommended.

so you need to factor in the price of a branded PSU before you look into getting a new card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/205385-what-should-i-consider-when-buying-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

..for my PC so that I can watch cable TV on it. What is the BEST product that I can get, that will include ALL the channels instead of the normal limit of 125 channels? Price is not a problem. Thanks!

A:Buying a New TV Tuner Card

If price isn't a problem, I'd go for the high end ATI card. I think it's over $400

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-tv-tuner-card.285586/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I am wanting to purchase a graphics card for this MoBo: http://www.wishlistr.com/go/1293616/

I am undecided on to go with nVidia or ATI.

Whats the differences apart from prices?

A:Help on buying a graphics card

What's your budget for the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236115-help-buying-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This is the specifications of motherboard of my PC
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01237572

I want to change my graphic card so that I can play the latest coming games like call of duty mw2, assassin's creed, homm6, League of legends etc.

I don't have any huge desire to go for ultra graphics and I suppose my budget will also not allow me to go for cards giving that performance.
It will be nice if I can play the above games especially league of legends from medium to high graphics with around 60fps at least.

My budget is around 7k-11k and if possible suggest cards with PS/Vs version 4 or above. Please see the specifications of the PCI slots from the above link and suggest cards which my desktop will be able to run.

A:Help in buying graphics card

What currency is that budget in? Also what power supply do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-in-buying-graphics-card.193134/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm going to upgrade my graphic card and found that my mobo do support vga SLi ( m2n-e SLi). Searched on google.com for a few days, there are a lot of vga cards in the market currently. Would any expert give me some advise on buying the most eco. SLi vga card with a budget 50 to 60 pounds.:wave:

A:Need advise on buying SLI vga card

In order to use sli you need to buy two, preferably identical, graphics cards...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advise-on-buying-sli-vga-card.143528/
Relevancy 48.59%

Buying a new graphic card! Upgrading from my old tri-sli gts 250 to a new nvidia card.
Now what I'm asking for is your opinion on what to buy? GTX 480? Or sli 2 460s? Or should I tri-sli 285s? Etc.. etc... Please provide real feedback and not just "Get X cause I think its SUPER!".. thanks in advance.

A:Buying a new graphic card!

I don't know if this is true but, sum one said 2 GTX 460 is faster than 1 GTX 480. And where I live, I can get 2 GTX 480 for around the same price as 1 GTX 480. I don't know much about the GTX 285

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98969-buying-new-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So right now Im looking for a new Graphics card and has to be $100 since I just bought a new computer, hopfully I can get a good one that is $200+ in a few months. As of right now I has a built it ATI 3200, quad core and 8 gigs of ram.

So Im hoping you guys can help me find one that is just under $100 and can handle a game like Empire Total war pretty good.

Thanks you.

A:Buying a New graphics card

ATI HD3870 all the way..... its what i have and its amazing! and its right at $100

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/238349-buying-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello

I know near to nothing about hardware and would like to buy a new graphic card. The one I had in mind is GeForce 9600 GT OC2 but I think there is a possibility that it won't fit on my motherboard (is that even possible? Because I know you can't fit all CPUs on one kind of a motherboard)

Here are my specs from EVEREST.

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 Black Edition, 2600 MHz (13 x 200) 5000+
Motherboard Name Biostar GF7025-M2 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 7xxx-6xx, AMD Hammer
System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (01/10/08)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
If anything else is needed please tell me.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I'm new here

I decided to buy a new graphic card. I own Radeon x550, and i want to buy a new card, which would support DirectX10 and OpenGL2.0. So i was thinking of Geforce 8600GT (Gigabyte GV-NX86T256D (GeForce 8600 GT, 256 MB). Now, which manufacterer do u prefer? Also, i don't know if my motherboard even supports this g. card. I don't know the model of the motherboard all i know is that it's a foxconn and i need PCI-E.

When i go to system information in Winxp Manager all it says is:

Manufacterer: Foxconn
Model: AWRDACPI

Do i need to tell you more? Because i really want to know if my motherboard supports 8600GT.
Should i wait, for more DirectX10 graphic cards?

Sorry, if my english isn't good enough.

Thanks for the help.

Dejan Brozovic.

Relevancy 48.59%

What do youthink about this card as performance wise i mean is it any good XFX GeForce 7900 GS Extreme Edition

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there!

I need some help with buying a new card! My old card was Nvidia GeForce 9800, and it specs were pretty high and satisfying (especially 4 years ago when I bought it), but few days ago the card finally died on me. Now, my problem is that my budget now is much lower that it was 4 years ago. I have about 100 Euros which is around 130 - 140 USD. Could anyone, please, suggest a card for this budget, a card that would have similar (but not weaker) performance as my old 9800 GT. It's been so long since I've bothered with graphics cards and I don't know what's hot these days, so any help on this matter would be most appreciated.
I'm sorry if I posted this question in the wrong category! Thank you!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

I haven't been on here in so long I had to re-register. That's a good thing I suppose, no computer disasters lately.

I would like to purchase a network card so I can use wireless internet on my laptop. I have a Dell 6000 (I'm pretty sure that's the number). I have installed memory cards on desktop computers, would installing a network card on a laptop be similar? Would it be something I'd have to have a technician do?

Also, what are good sites to purchase one from? How pricey are they? How do I know if it works with my laptop?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm pretty clueless about this.

Thanks!

Michelle

Relevancy 48.59%

I am going to buy an Audio card for my new PC, but i dont know which 1 will actually take load off the CPU. Thats where i need help. I want a cheap one, dosnt matter if its 5.1 or 7.1 channels.

A:Buying An Audio Card.....

adding a sound card to your comp want realy take much load of CPU your better of just buying a faster CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-an-audio-card.57445/
Relevancy 48.59%

Which graphics card to choose between nvidia GTX960 and nvidia GTX760?

A:Buying Graphics Card

They are both rated as the same card within their generation. The 960 is the newest card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-graphics-card.216700/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am buying new graphics card with a tight budget of 100$.I was gonna go with nvidia gts 450 but then i found hd 6770 with slight increase in the cost.I am very very confused as to which card to go for and also confused between nvidia & ATI.Need some advice here.
Also i am upgrading my psu I was gonna go for corsair cx 430W but then HD6770 card demands more power.My budget for the psu is also restricted to 50$.Please help me.

A:Buying new graphics card

I think you'd need to give us a few locations for websites and how much your budget equates to in local currency. There will be a huge difference in availability of parts and the pricing between US listed items and those actually purchasable in India.

The Seasonic I listed the other day remains the best option for a power supply, and is in my opinion far superior to the Corsair unit. Ultimately though, most main branded power supplies will be absolutely fine at your intended power levels (in terms of hardware).

The decision between AMD (used to be ATi) and Nvidia comes down to two things. Its quite simply the price you are prepared to pay vs. the performance of the GPU. In essence you want to purchase the fastest GPU in your budget. If thats the GTS450 then that is your decision. If you increase your budget you will always find something better, but you then end up in a position where you keep choosing the next fastest GPU and spending even more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-graphics-card.177814/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I got a budget of around £40-50 because my old xfx 8600gt broke.. And I just want something cheap as im building new pc at christmas anyway.

I have a P35 NEO Motherboard
http://uk.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1215&maincat_no=1

And the card Im thinking of buying is:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/171659

If anyone can recommend better then please do. Im not sure what to look for
I just go by clock speed and mem speed.. But dont know what I should go by..

Also it says

Interface - PCI Express x16 (PCI Express 2.0)
My motherboard is only pci express x16 not pci 2.0.... But im 99% sure its backward compatible.

Any help appreciated.

Ancell

A:Buying New Graphics Card, Which One Should I Buy ?

It would be better if you could save up a little bit more for a HD4850 / HD4770. Else the HD4670 is a good replacement for the 8600GT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-graphics-card-which-one-should-i-buy.134590/
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok my friend wants to buy a new graphics card, the price range is £30 - 60 (I know nothing incredible can be bought with that) he isnt desperate for it to play top spec games just like enhance the visual performance of medievil total war 2 for games like that.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&product=433125&rule=38747&docname=c00022505

The link above is a link to the computer he has, the tech specification page, io think it has an AGP slot it says accelerated AGPx8 or something, can you double check i dont know if it will definently take AGP GFX Cards.

If you can find one between £30 - 60 i would be very appreciated, hopefully the best quality for the price. In dollars thats around $65 - 130.

Thanks Again.

A:Buying a Graphics card (AGP), need help!

The FX5500 isnt too bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-graphics-card-agp-need-help.70546/