Windows Support Forum

logitech trackman cursor slows during gaming

Q: logitech trackman cursor slows during gaming

I'm using a logitech cordless trackman wheel mouse, latest driver installed. I just downloaded the game console from tournamentgames.com to play solitare card games on.

when i try to play the games, the mouse slows down considerably while playing, making it difficult to get the mouse to travel across the whole monitor.

I increased the acceleration of the mouse, and it zips along in other apps, but not in this game....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-trackman-cursor-slows-during-gaming.277287/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: logitech trackman cursor slows during gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.13%

hi- i just got myself a used logitech trackman marble fx. logitech has only the most recent products' drivers listed for download, and then there's a download for "all other trackballs not listed." i would like to have the original drivers specifically for the trackball i have- does anyone know where i can find them? os is winxp pro.

driverguide was my first stop- they have drivers for win 2000, but it looks like they are really 98se drivers- im a little hesitant about using them.....

Relevancy 82.13%

I have thus far been unsuccessful in locating a driver that will allow me to use a Trackman Vista with either Vista x64 (my desktop) or Windows 7 (my laptop). I prefer this Trackman over my newer one and don't want to give up on it. Does any one have a solution?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/282699-logitech-trackman-vista.html
Relevancy 81.27%

While installing Logitechs Trackman Marble Wheel, I get the error message "mouse not detected". Logitechs website is too vague to help me resolve this. Please help, have arthritis, need new mouse. Thanks

Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Logitech Trackman Marble FX mouse that has been working under XP for 6 months. I replaced the MB and processor and now the system only recognizes it as a PS/2 compatible mouse. I downloaded the latest software from Logitech and it shows as being installed but when I go to the Mouse in Control panel it shows a standard two button mouse. Logitech support says it might have to do with SMSS.exe overiding the Mouseware. I have rebooted, reinstalled, disconnected and reconnected, no luck! I NEED MY TRACKMAN!! Any help would be appreciated.

A:Logitech mouseware not recognizing Trackman FX

Remove the PS/2 Entry from Device Manager (System CP -> Hardware)
Then let Windows redetect your mouse, either via Add Hardware CP,
or on reboot,
and point it to the drivers on your Logitech CD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouseware-not-recognizing-trackman-fx.119991/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have used this mouse for years and recently upgraded to Windows Vista SP1. I have scoured the internet for a driver but mw9791enu.exe is all I can find - and that will not work on Vista

I love this mouse and really wish to continue using it. I can use it but cannot configure the center button (which I prefer to use as a double click). It works fine for right and left click and the marble works fine but I cannot configure it at all - confingure that center button.

If you can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-trackman-marble-t-ch11.816267/
Relevancy 79.55%

It appears that my recent update to W v has screwed up my Logitech trackman 10 Problems... v1607: Wireless Trackman Logitech TRB-22 Windows arguably the best mouse Windows 10 v1607: Logitech TRB-22 Wireless Trackman Problems... ever made but stupidly discontinued by Logitech Every time I boot up or restart from Sleep I have to press the trackman's reset button Otherwise there is no cursor Furthermore although I get the cursor working if I stop using the mouse for a short time while typing text the cursor freezes and I have to push the reset again to get things working I believe that this malfunction is related to v and has adversely effected other devices eg cams as is now being reported in various forums Any suggestions on how to handle this issue Until Microsoft fixes this issue perhaps it would be best to roll back the update to the previous version of W that was on my computer But I'm a little shaky about doing this Can it be done easily without causing further problems and how

A:Windows 10 v1607: Logitech TRB-22 Wireless Trackman Problems...

After the 10 update....have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling software/driver package for that mouse?

Cordless Optical TrackMan - Logitech Support

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61699-windows-10-v1607-logitech-trb-22-wireless-trackman-problems.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi there! I've recently been given a Logitech F710 gaming controller for my computer (a Samsung 305E on Windows 7 - I'm not 100% computer literate so let me know if you need any other specs). Most games work fine - I played Batman: Arkham Origins without any problems. However, many older games, such as Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, I learned, require me to create a profile using the Logitech Gaming Software.

I downloaded this software from the official site. However, the Logitech Gaming Software does not recognize the controller, even when the Connection Utility also provided on the Logitech website does.

I am not really sure what to do. I have removed and re-downloaded Logitech Gaming Software, but I still cannot do anything with it. I would really appreciate any help, thank you very much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-f710-game-controller-logitech-gaming-software-profiles.1117334/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all.

I have a little problem with my mouse for about a month now. I've tried looking around the internet but found no solution. During normal usage the mouse cursor would randomly slow down to a crawl then a split second later the cursor would twitch back in to "position" to where it was suppose to be. (I've noticed this is more likely to happen if the processor is busy ie: click on a link, loading page etc) I've tried everything I could think of, changing mouses, re-installing the drivers, resetting and even reformatting. But the issue always seems to come back.

I am currently using my logitech G500, however this issue is present with the razer deathadder that I borrowed from a friend.
I am using a ASUS K53SC.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

A:Cursor slows down randomly...

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...xEvf3TFaWwIvxq

Try to update your nvidia graphics driver.
Select OS "Windows 7 64 bit", expand VGA to get it.

Update the touchpad driver, too, under Touchpad.

Also, we need to see one more thing, if it is there or not.
Download and install CCleaner.
Click on Tools > Startup
Click on "save as text file" in the right bottom corner.
Save the text file on the desktop.
Zip it, and upload it here.
Following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278772-cursor-slows-down-randomly.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Since my Cursor goes and freezes computer then down crazy, slows screen turns black instead of blue I don't know if this is the correct forum to post in The problem The mouse cursor normally a black outlined white arrow will with no warning turn weird-looking - and looks fuzzy or blurry larger than normal with different colors it can go from pointy to round sometimes disappears for awhile After that I have only a Cursor goes crazy, then computer slows down and freezes couple of minutes to shut down open programs before the computer slows down and freezes to the point where I can't click anything Sometimes I'll have left Cursor goes crazy, then computer slows down and freezes the computer running go off to do an errand and come back to see the two monitors have turned black Ctrl Alt Del does nothing The only way to shut down is to push and hold the start button until the computer goes off Other times when the cursor goes crazy I'm able to click Start and select restart but the computer will not restart It will start powering off then turn black I have to manually shut it off push the start button in Upon restarting the computer will start up normally after selecting the option to start normally and will run anywhere from a day to several days until the cursor goes crazy again I've run memtest and it reported no errors after passes I saw a thread in another forum that suggested changing the power management of the mouse may help with mouse problems so I have deselected quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot under the Device Manager gt Mice and other pointing devices The mouse is a Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical I have no idea if the mouse is to blame or if the computer is having other problems NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti display adapter is up-to-date according to Windows In Device Manager for the mouse the General tab says quot This device is working properly quot and when checking for updates Windows says driver software is up-to-date I read posting instructions and got stuck on - configuring dump files Which dump file should I configure I went on to and ran SF Diagnostic Tool exe I couldn't see the SF - - folder on my desktop but found it here D Users User Desktop - Attached is the zip file Hoping someone can help detect what is wrong Thanks

A:Cursor goes crazy, then computer slows down and freezes

This is found in your event log, continuously, from the top to the bottom.

Quote:
Event[30591]:
Log Name: System
Source: Disk
Date: 2013-10-26T02:06:44.033
Event ID: 7
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: DEBBIE-PC
Description:
The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.

The HDD is Western Digital WD Green WD10EARX 1TB. So test it using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows.

Also, some failure from AVG's part is also noticed. And AVG Disk Driver (c:\windows\system32\drivers\avgdiska.sys) may fairly contribute to the issue. Better you uninstall AVG using Revo Uninstaller freeware.

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; for a safety need.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316158-cursor-goes-crazy-then-computer-slows-down-freezes.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So I just built my own system thanks to the awesome support I 2 slows Computer gaming. after hours down of found on this site and I Computer slows down after 2 hours of gaming. m having trouble gaming Here s the system X AMD Phenom Ghz Gigabyte motherboard GB DDR w Corsair PSU gig caviar black HDD Antec case ATI Radeon HD Windows bit It s a pretty awesome system Anyways I only have a couple of games for it and I only play Dragon Age Origins pretty consistently I run it on full settings at x res and it runs without any hiccups and freakishly fast load times However after about hours or so of playing my CPU temp ends up at around - C and the game slows down The load times take incredibly long and it freezes once in a while I had thought that playing a game like Dragon Age would result in pretty high CPU temps so C was okay but the only reason I can think of for my game slowing down would be CPU temp The case I have comes with mm fans and of course my cpu came with its own heatsink Computer slows down after 2 hours of gaming. and thermal paste so I feel like heating really shouldn t be an issue Could it be something else nbsp

A:Computer slows down after 2 hours of gaming.

Actually, it's probably a heat issue. Are the fans blocked in any way? Do they circulate the air inside the case properly (most pull air from the front and push to the back). The CPU fan on some cases has its own air supply from the side of the case.

If the fans aren't properly configured, they can actually increase the temperature inside your case.

A couple of tricks I tried: (I have a clear side panel.) Get some incense and put it in the front of the case. You should see the smoke go from the front to the back and out. If it doesn't clear quickly when you remove the incense, you have a problem. If you see a spot that still has smoke, that's a hot spot.

Get a spot thermometer and read temperatures inside your case (especially near the RAM, video card and CPU. You may find hot spots.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slows-down-after-2-hours-of-gaming.891045/
Relevancy 57.19%

I own a cordless Cursor Logitech Cordless Flakey Has Mouse Logitech laser mouse Logitech has the stupid policy of not putting the model number Logitech Cordless Mouse Has Flakey Cursor on the mouse anywhere Why Logitech Cordless Mouse Has Flakey Cursor is this I wonder It does say around a small censor on the bottom Performance Laser and the numbers nm I have no idea what all that signifies Anyway recently the mouse has been acting erratically Especially the cursor I lose it or it jumps around with a seeming mind of its own I have replaced the batteries several times I have blown inside the battery chamber I have turned the batteries to see if the connection is weak The green light on the underside of the mouse isn t always on Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be because when the mouse is idle I look and the light isn t on until I rub the battery on the mouse pad Since it isn t the batteries and the batteries seem to connect ok inside the chamber what could be causing the erratic behavior If you think the the mouse itself is dying or is faulty I ll just have to replace it What s the story Can anyone help me Steve nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

When I attempt to highlight a selection in certain programs(for instance in my desk top apearance and in my e-mail selections) the text disappears and becomes blank. I have had the mouse for years and it was working earlier today. Now the problems continue although I have re-set the settings and re-booted many times.

A:Problems with my logitech wireless mouse cursor

Maybe the battery is running flat?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229186/problems-with-my-logitech-wireless-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I recently invested in a new pair of the Logitech G15 V2($50CAD) and the Logitech MX518($25CAD) Does anyone have any opinions on these devices and ideas on whether is was a good investment considering the price. With taxes the both of them amounted to around $82 Canadian collars

A:Logitech gaming perpherals

I bought myself the Logitech MX518 last week. So far it feels really good. The build quality is exceptional. The positioning of the buttons is very intuitive. Changing dpi on the fly is a good bonus for FPS gaming.

I have relatively small hands but find the MX518 very comfortable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-gaming-perpherals.149565/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am sorry if this is not allow, I was so excited when I saw this that I had to post it here... you can scold me later

The price is $49.95 with a $30.00 Mail in Rebate + FREE shipping. Heck, even if you are to lazy to fill out the paperwork and send it in, you are still paying a good price for it.

I had to pull the pin because my G7 is acting up big time on almost all the games as of late.

LTG9LASER | G9 Laser Mouse | BuyDig.com

I gotta ask the biggest and dumbest question of all times... Would I be able to plug in both my Mices and use them separately? I mean, use the G7 for my Wife and the Vista OS and the new G9 for Windows 7 and my games? of course they would both be plug to the same PC.

A:Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse... $20.00 w/MiR

I dont know the answer to your question, but I have a G9 and absolutley LOVE it! You will not be sorry that you bought it.

I paid $65.99 CDN, which was $100 off. Same kind of smoking deal you found!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/233705-logitech-g9-gaming-mouse-20-00-w-mir.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'd say this problem started about or days ago hard to keep with fine, a then slows Computer cursor. runs blackscreen to crawl/freeze, then track of days Computer runs fine, then slows to a crawl/freeze, then blackscreen with cursor. out here It first started when I was playing Dragon Age or something equally as nerdy The game would slow to a crawl and things would take or more seconds I thought it was possibly just a corrupt file etc but when I tried to exit the program it was the entire computer So when I restarted it everything seemed to be running fine but it slowed down substantially again I noticed in my performance tab of Task Manager that my computer was using a little over GB of memory upon start-up which didn't seem right So I ran my Anti-Virus and MalwareBytes and neither found anything I noticed after doing a proper power reset that my mem usage was idling at about GB So as of now when I start my computer normally it runs fine for a certain amount random of time slows to a crawl and then when I try to click things it gives me the spinning blue circle of death when I hover my cursor in the tray and when I try Cntrl alt del it blackscreens with the cursor Operating System Windows Home Premium Antivirus Software VIPRE Internet Security Firewall VIPRE Internet Security Computer ASUS RoG G VW-DS CPU Intel Core i - QM GHz Motherboard Mobile Intel HM Express Ram GB DDR SDRAM MHz SO DIMM -pin Storage Dual GB rpm SATA ST AS Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - GB GDDR SDRAM Soundcard VIA High Definition Audio Power Supply Microsoft AC Adapter ACPI-Complaint Control Method BatteryUpdate local time Ran a scan with Spybot S amp D and when it comes to the results and I click 'fix selected issues' the program freezes and I have to end the program through task manager

A:Computer runs fine, then slows to a crawl/freeze, then blackscreen with cursor.

It just froze, went blackscreen for a second, then the screen shut completely off and my laptop made 1 bloop/bleep... had to manually turn off the laptop, when I started it there was a program in the tray upon startup called "Malware Scanner"...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542377/computer-runs-fine-then-slows-to-a-crawlfreeze-then-blackscreen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows 10 in 4K resolution and I have made adjustments within windows *compensate for the high-resolution yet the LGS software still remains so small that it is extremely difficult to read the text within the UI.
Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69014-logitech-gaming-software-ui-too-small-4k.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Not sure whether this should be here or int he WIndows section Gaming Headset G330 Logitech as it seems to be linked to my OS Anyway I just got the Logitech Gaming Headset G330 Logitech Gaming Headset G for Christmas ps Merry Christmas all It has two speakers and a boom mic The mic and speakers connect on separate Logitech Gaming Headset G330 stereo jacks which can plug into a regular audio port but also come with a USB dongle to integrate them into just one connection mic headphones USB Using the single headphone cable works great from my back panel audio as well as my iPod Didn t try the mic one However when using the USB dongle on MY pc the mic and headphones SUCK But on the Compaq netbook my little brother just got and my mom s Dell it works just fine A half hour on the phone with Logitech has determined that the hardware for the headset is indeed NOT faulty It is a problem with my OS note - by sucks I mean the audio is low garbled staticy has feedback etc Not what you would expect from a dollar headset I tested the mic with Ventrilo and my Realtek AvRack program to record played back in Ventrilo and AvRack also played iTunes music through it and Windows system sounds sound just as bad The headset does NOT come with its own drivers it uses generic USB Audio drivers After some searching I found a usbaudio sys on the internet for XP and replaced mine with that Still no improvement Does anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be My mom said that maybe my Xbox wired headset I use with my pc through the controller has the same problem now but it doesn t I suspect it is because the headset has its own drivers through the controller I think it is a driver issue or possibly a codec issue of some sorts So if anybody has some quick ideas on what to try before oh I don t know around am Eastern Time let me know I will check back here many times before then If not Imma just reinstall Windows lol nbsp

A:Logitech Gaming Headset G330

Nevermind, I am just gonna reinstall now lol.

Thanks,
~plasma

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-gaming-headset-g330.140283/
Relevancy 55.9%

http www overclockers com tips I bought this mouse a few months ago when I came upon this guide I was quick to open up my mouse and I noticed that there was Logitech Mx510 gaming mouse no weight in it Is this normal I have the blue later version and maybe one of the changes was Logitech Mx510 gaming mouse taking out the weight although I don t think they would do that Is it possible I got a mouse that was already opened and repackaged Also when I opened it up a tiny little spring came out I figured it was no big deal and when I put it back together I noticed that when I move the scroll wheel it doesn t make any sound and it glides along which is awesome highly reccomended Just saying I don t have any complaints about that Last but not least I m running on basic MS drivers not mouseware I have enhanced mouse precision on on highest speed and sometimes when I try and move the mouse it will studder backwards in the opposite direction that I m moving it Is this reverse acceleration How can it be fixed It can be very annoying when I m gaming or doing anything else nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mx510-gaming-mouse.343944/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

I installed Win7 RC 7100 on my gaming rig a couple of months ago. All was well until I got to the Logitech Gaming drivers for my Rumblepad 2 and Force Feedback Racing Wheel. Using Vista x64 drivers my system crashed repeatedly (cant recall exact error message)

The logitech website says that most Vista drivers will not have any issues with Win7, however I am a little apprehensive about reformatting if the problem occurs again.

My questions are:

1. Is anybody else having the same probs?
2. Is there a solution to this?(apart from not installing Win7)

I really liked the the look and feel of Win7 however not being able to use game controllers on my gaming rig sort of defeats the purpose.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 & Logitech Gaming Drivers

hunuok
did you install the vista driver in compatibility mode?

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/25707-windows-7-logitech-gaming-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Logitech has finally updated the LGS with a Windows 10 driver instead of the renamed 8.1 driver,

Logitech Support: Gaming

New features:

Added support for G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming HeadsetAdded Color Sync feature for G303, G633 and G910Game Mode support added for G910Improved Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound DriverLGS now prompts for system restart on completion of install (needed to enable Dolby update)Added ability to disable device startup effect for the G303, G633 and G910 in Settings
Bug fixes:
G502 buttons visually misaligned in LGSG930 power-off after 15 minutes.LgCoreTemp driver remaining after LGS uninstall
Firmware upgrades:
G303
Added RGB effect synchronization capabilityFixed a tracking issue that could occasionally cause erratic cursor behavior
G910
Enhanced color effect animationsExpanded game mode feature
G502
Fixed a tracking issue that could occasionally cause erratic cursor behavior
New Game Profiles:
Heroes of the StormDragon Age: Inquisition

Still doesn't fix the screen flashing with a G510 keyboard when using the volume scroll wheel.

A:Latest Logitech Gaming Software

Yep, and my G303 arrived today and guess what? It's not detected by LGS!
Found this rather interesting answer:
G303 won't show up in LGS or firmware updater - Logitech Forums

So, they release a driver for Windows 10, but somehow Windows 10 doesn't yet support one the devices for which there are updates in that driver?..

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/23895-latest-logitech-gaming-software.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just got a logitech extreme pc gaming headset. I used to have a USB headset, but now I have a headset with a pink plug and a black plug. I am not sure where to put them in, some help would be good.

A:Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset

***Sorry I forgot to add this but I am running Windows Vista, and have a Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer 24-BIT PCI Sound Card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-extreme-pc-gaming-headset.95267/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello This has been an extremely frustrating week headset g330 gaming Logitech for me all because of logitech headsets week ago I purchased a logitech clear chat pro usb it just stopped working my OS Windows professional bit just stopped recognizing it After reading many articles on google it would have appeared that this is a wide spread issue that occured with usb headsets made by logitech So I returned it payed some extra cash and purchased a Logitech g gaming Logitech g330 gaming headset head set this one had the pink and green adapters and a usb adapter aswell When I got it home the mic just didn t work I have gone through all the sound settings made sure it was un muted boosted set to default etc I also have tried to use it on other computers with no success yet another mic works on this computer so i doubt it is my hardware Does any body know how to perhaps update the generic windows sound reset it to default I have already updated the realtek sound drives to zero success Thank You Peter nbsp

A:Logitech g330 gaming headset

If it don't work on your pc and other pc then I think the problem is with the mic. Updating Realtek driver may go bad if you chosen the bad driver but as you tested it on another pc then the problem may be with the mic itself. I would recommend you to return it and make the seller test it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g330-gaming-headset.149474/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey Guys,

I have a logitch G510 gaming keyboard, 18 G-Keys. I want to know where i can find a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and 3 profile for them to use them in the game. I have done a google search and turned up nothing. If you cant download them off the net can someone tell me how to make one, I went threw the profiles that are there based on the games on my system and neither of my Call of Duty Games showed up in the profile menu.

Thanks
RitualJman

A:Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard G-Key profiles

It should be on the menu. It should scan your computer and pick them up. If you are talking about MW3, I use a very basic one. I can do most everything else with my mouse. If this helps, it is basically the same for all FPS games, with a couple of tweeks, for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223769-logitech-g510-gaming-keyboard-g-key-profiles.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I built a new win system that was fantastic working great I have an idea I m going to use my G keyboard with it Logitechs site says install the latest gaming software to use it from http support logitech com en us software lgs where it says right on their website that it s windows ready So now after bsod s and reboots and an attempted uninstall - but it wasn t v. my 100% 10 WIN Logitech install 8.76.155 Gaming destroyed Software in my add remove Logitech Gaming Software v. 8.76.155 100% destroyed my WIN 10 install So i reinstalled and it appears on the add remove list and then it BSOD s every time I try to uninstall and then I start getting weird BS with IRQ errors and what not So I then get a windows didn t boot properly and now All off my Asus ROG software is no longer installed and my ethernet isn t even installed Ugggh INFURIATING because now that I check it seems that there are massive known issues with the software nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/logitech-gaming-software-v-8-76-155-100-destroyed-my-win-10-install.1886969/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys,

I got this mouse for Chrsitmas and love it. However about 2 weeks ago it started acting up. Basically it freezes for like 10-15 sec every couple minutes. I plugged another mouse in my USB port just to make sure it wasn't bad and it worked fine. I cleaned the batteries just to make sure there wasn't any connection problems. I have updated drivers, no spyware or viruses.
No idea what is wrong, aside from a hardware problem.

A:Problem with Logitech G7 Cordless Gaming Mouse

Have you tried another set of batteries?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-logitech-g7-cordless-gaming-mouse.813716/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've not found much information while conducting a search here on LogiTech Drivers. From what I understand LogiTech isn't creating drivers for Windows 7 Beta, should I just use the Vista versions despite getting a Compatiability Message?

A:LogiTech, G5 Gaming Mouse & Wave Keyboard

Yes. Vista drivers work on Windows 7. There should be no fear at all.
Also, if you want to help the drivers, install it in compatibility mode :
Right click on the install file, then properties.
Then, click on "Compatibility" tab then check "Run in compatibility" mode and select Windows Vista SP1
Click OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/13095-logitech-g5-gaming-mouse-wave-keyboard.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings I am presently using a Logitech Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX518 Trackball mouse It has a cable and is connected to one of my computer's USB ports I started using it when my cordless Trackball suddenly quot died quot It just froze in the middle of my monitor and every attempt to revive it failed Googling for a solution only led me to see that I wasn't the only one experiencing this tragedy The Logitech forum is literally full of complains concerning the Trackball So after looking at many online reviews on mouses I have decided to purchase the Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX Even though I am only an occasional gamer the reviews on this mouse are so good that I have decided to buy it I bought it online at a good price and it will be delivered tomorrow Here is what pc users have to said about the MX on newegg com Newegg com - Logitech MX Buttons x Wheel USB Wired Optical dpi Gaming Mouse I am curious as to what type of mouse some of you are using It's funny how very little is written in pc forums concerning a mouse It's a small piece of hardware but it plays a huge role in the daily operation of your computer but especially I think in gaming For example last week when my cordless Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX518 Trackball died I couldn't immediately find this one and until I found it I couldn't use my computer

A:Logitech Optical Gaming Mouse MX518

I have a Genius Traveler 515, Sucks big time... i'm really picky with mice!

Used to have a Laser BenQ that lasted me 2yrs. awesome feeling, awesome precision. this P.o.S. is not precise at all.. i'm looking for a Razer or a Logitech but the prices here are way too high

Even though i don't game too much.. i do like a precise mouse, preferrably a laser one i realized not so long ago that the mouse pad helps you a lot, too. but then, again, the prices here are too high

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146526-logitech-optical-gaming-mouse-mx518.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I'm a new user to Windows and I've managed to figure out Firewall Gaming Windows Logitech & Software everything except for one very annoying issue with Windows Fireall Logitech Gaming Software When I have Windows firewall enabled my Logitech G keyboard won't work The media controls will work but the keyboard itself won't work I can't type amp macro keys won't work I can see amp open the Logitech software via my notifications area Logitech Gaming Software & Windows Firewall amp the software does start automatically each time I start Logitech Gaming Software & Windows Firewall Windows I've Logitech Gaming Software & Windows Firewall gone into device manager already and made sure that it wasn't just the computer forcing the keyboard to sleep I'm hoping someone has had this problem before I have LCore exe added to quot allow programs to communicate quot section I have the following inbound rules setup Windows Firewall set these up itself amp I have no outbound rules Code Logitech Gaming Framework All Yes Allow No C program files logitech gaming software lcore exe Any Any UDP Any Any Any Any Logitech Gaming Framework All Yes Allow No C program files logitech gaming software lcore exe Any Any TCP Any Any Any Any Logitech Gaming Framework All Yes Allow No C program files logitech gaming software lcore exe Any Any TCP Any Any Any Any Logitech Gaming Software All Yes Allow No C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe Any Local subnet TCP Any Any Any Any Logitech Gaming Software All Yes Allow No C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe Any Local subnet UDP Any Any Any

A:Logitech Gaming Software & Windows Firewall

It might be a Logitech app for the screen display. I recall that there was an app that checked news and things. If that can't access the 'net, perhaps it's causing your keyboard not to work. It's a long shot and it never happened with my G15, but what happens if you prevent that app from running?

Sorry, but that's the only thing that I can think of at the moment.

I will say that it is a very unusual problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/398793-logitech-gaming-software-windows-firewall.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Win XP pro x64. My logitech mouse does not work in safe mode. It seems safe mode only accept the standard mouse. Is there a way to make my mouse works in safe mode without having to switch to the standard mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-gaming-mouse-and-safe-mode.977653/
Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings A long lasting issue that is preventing me from using the Edge Browser is my love for my Logitech G Wireless Gaming Mouse which requires Metro Software Logitech Apps Gaming recognizing and the Logitech Gaming Software for Profile switching functionality Unlike the Logitech Options Software being mainly used for Office oriented Mice the Logitech Gaming Software does not recognize Metro Apps like the Edge Browser Groove Music Player etc which is kind of a problem in my daily use ESPECIALLY with the Browser as the same button Logitech Gaming Software and recognizing Metro Apps I Logitech Gaming Software and recognizing Metro Apps normally use for closing an App or Program is bound to closing Tabs when browsing the Web - Obviously not working if the Software doesn't recognize the Browser I'm using is not a default App Program thus instead of just closing a Tab it tries closing the entire App Program but with multiple Tabs open triggers a Confirmation Box about closing all Tabs with only the option to ALWAYS closing all Tabs and no NEVER option I'm writhing in agony Months ago and another Months before that I contacted Logitech about this and they were like quot We're looking into this quot but nothing has happened so far - Really disappointed So Question to the Windows Community Does anyone know of a DIY Solution for the LGS to recognize Metro Apps Normally I'd ask again at the Logitech quot Forums quot but since they've revamped them into some kind of weird Board not resembling any kind of Support Forum at all I don't feel like even bothering anymore gt gt

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61583-logitech-gaming-software-recognizing-metro-apps.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a logitech G15 gaming keyboard and when ever i shut down my pc or restart it the LCD doesn't work on my keyboard and the probrammable keys don't work anymore. If i go to device manager and remove the HID-Compliant Device i have found to be the one related to my problem then when i scan for hardware changes it finds it installs it and starts working as intended after that. i would like to know how i fix it so i don't have to do this each time i start my pc :S.

also i have tried un-installing / re-installing and also updating the software+hardware and have tried various combos of this and still have no luck . any help would be appreciated :D thanks

A:Logitech g15 gaming keyboard drivers seem to be lost after shutdown/restart

You can try this: How to uninstall hidden devices, drivers, and services - Tech-Recipes.com - http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_instal...on_tips504.html Some other unnecessary driver may be creating interference.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189899/logitech-g15-gaming-keyboard-drivers-seem-to-be-lost-after-shutdownrestart/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just recieved the brand new Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G today from Newegg I am running Windows Pro bit and it is working except for the fact that I can not see it in Setpoint to configure buttons and etc I would assume its so new that the latest software doesn't support it seeing how I was unable to register it because it wasn't on the device listing Does anyone have any insight on this Hopefully and update comes soon so I can actually use the currently useless buttons One small unrelated issue that logitech should fix on the site is when you are searching for mice the g will appear if you have it set to show only unifying devices I stumbled across Gaming Logitech Mouse Wireless recognized New 6.15 not G700 in Setpoint this mouse looking for mice that use the unifying reciever It popped up and I didnt check twice Not a huge problem just more dongle plugged in It did have me scratching my head for a few minutes when trying to install it though

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-logitech-wireless-gaming-mouse-g700-not-recognized-in-setpoint-6-15-a-506908.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I was wondering if anyone had heard of a fix this problem. After installing the software for an Xbox wireless gaming receiver, I attach the device as instructed. When I do, my Logitech G7 mouse freezes up until I reboot. I have seen others with this problem on Logitech's forums, but I have yet to see any fixes. Microsoft's support has been no help so far. I assume the issue is driver related, as others with different system setups also have the problem, but I don't know if it is a Logitech driver, or Microsoft...or whether a fix even exists for this problem. Thanks for the help!

A:Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver locks up Logitech G7 mouse

Iv found that if i boot up with just the Xbox360 Receiver plugged in then when its light is on plug in the logitech mouse then it all works fine...
just remember to unplug the mouse if you reboot...... it sux but it works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-locks-up-logitech-g7-mouse.81281/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello! (First post.)
I have the Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset, and recently it started dropping off sounds from games. When i switch to the speakers, everythings okay. I played with the Windows 7 sound configuration and figured out that it only drops off 1-channel sounds. And to make it weirder, when i take it off my head, it works.

Suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-precision-pc-gaming-headset-not-playing-1-channel-sounds.897424/
Relevancy 52.89%

Got blue screen of death with Logitech new G15, amber backlight, gaming keyboard. Finally got to safe mode screen and tried the restore to last known good configuration. Now am missing almost all divers, no network, sound card drivers off line, like being in safe mode but booted to the full desktop? Argh! Just got this fine computer perfected and a stupid keyboard driver does this? I also cannot now find any system restore points attempting to go that route!
mobo Asus Extreme Striker
proc QX6850
4G ram
Raptors in Raid 0
Caviar 2 - 500G

Any ideas other than a complete Vista install AGAIN! JEEZ, losing everything just spent a month on building is sickening.

Gene Bigham, Ham1nator

A:Vista 64 Blue Screen of Death Logitech's new G15 gaming keyboard software/drivers

Talked to support and Jake assisted in doing a clean boot and reinstall of the keyboard drivers, all was well after that! Good support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-64-blue-screen-of-death-logitechs-new-g15-gaming-keyboard-software-drivers-199432.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Logitech has unveiled a new high-end gaming keyboard equipped with the company's own Romer-G mechanical switches. Officially known as the Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, it appears to be a direct descendant of the G910 Orion Spark...

Read more

A:Logitech G announces G310 Atlas Dawn mechanical gaming keyboard with in-house Romer-G switches

Has a great design.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g-announces-g310-atlas-dawn-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-with-in-house-romer-g-switches.216921/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just bought a Kensington Slimblade mouse recently http www amazon com Kensington-Sl s electronics amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - I was looking to replace a Logitech Wireless Mice Trackman Trackman so as to minimize the amount of wires on my laptop one of the Trackman mice has a receiver with a really long cord http www amazon Trackman Mice com Logitech- s electronics amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - To make a long story short the ball on the Kensington doesn t act like the ball on Trackman Mice the Trackman But for and a recommendation from my dad I don t consider it a waste of money Trackman Mice Instead I was wondering if there might be a way to configure the ball on the Kensington mouse I listed to act like a Trackman If not how much would I be looking at to buy a mouse with a Trackman type ball on it and a receiver with a shorter wire or no wire I took a quick look at Amazon and it looks like those mice start at nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi !!

Just wondered if anyone could help 'am using a Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel Mouse , of which I really like & not encountered any problems until now.

Just seems a minor problem.... just very occasionally just when using the middle wheel to scroll.... the page will scroll to the bottom then back up quickly, then everything is back to normal.

Only started past couple of days !!

I've no viruses, just wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem with this particular mouse ?

Any help is appreciated

A:Trackman Wheel Mouse ???

I use the same mouse and love it

I haven't seen that problem but had a few questions.

1) Does it happen in ALL applications(explorer, word, etc) or in one specific application usually?

2) Did you install a new application about the time the problem started?

3) Did you install any new hardware about the time the problem started?

and a few suggestions.

Try going into "My Computer, Properties, Performance, Graphics" and lowering the slider bard down a click to see if it helps.

Make sure you have the latest drivers from http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/categories&CRID=320&countryid=19&languageid=1

Mouseware is not specific so dont worry if you dont see your exact model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trackman-wheel-mouse.100692/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm trying to install a TrackMan mouse to a virtual machine running WinXP under Parallels software (basic machine is Mac with OS 10.5.2). Can only get the left button to work, and Logitech support says they do not support Parallels software. Can anyone help? TIA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trackman-mouse-w-winxp-on-parallels.705886/
Relevancy 49.45%

Please can someone help me!

I was in the middle of writing an essay and all of a sudden my mouse pointer has stopped working. I cannot do anything! I think it may be something to do with the AMD gaming driver software update? I have no idea why that's on my laptop in the first place but it's got a sign saying there is an update. I have tried rebooting and using the cursors to go into the control panel etc but nothing will open!

Please help

A:Mouse cursor stopped working -poss related to AMD gaming driver?

Hello Lisagascoigne. Welcome to the forum.

Try this:
Start (or restart) the PC, as soon as you see that first (Bios) screen come up start pressing the F8 key repeatedly. This should bring up the Advanced Boot Options window.

Use you keyboard to move down to select "Last Know Good Configuration" and the press ENTER.

See if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337810-mouse-cursor-stopped-working-poss-related-amd-gaming-driver.html
Relevancy 43%

Which would you get I found a place locally selling ($49) Logitech Logitech ($69)? or MX700 V500 brand new MX s wirless for get it yes AB only sorry I have a post on the hot deals about it Now if I can get lucky again and talk with that guy at staples who once did a PM with me from this place and Logitech MX700 ($49) or Logitech V500 ($69)? get him to do it again I would walk out with the MX for Logitech MX700 ($49) or Logitech V500 ($69)? get this only Which would you get that or the v which is still very pricey with the off at staples right now still I dont play games But guess it all comes down to whether I want the touch sensor on the v vs the charger on the mx I heard the batteries last months on the logitechs anyways I heard the MX can go days without charging but also heard stuff on here RFD about the mouse suddenly dying out of nowhere after months use But I also hate wheels because they get so freaking loose and loud in months But perhaps not on logitech mice as this will be my first nbsp

A:Logitech MX700 ($49) or Logitech V500 ($69)?

Fuzzy,

Oy Vey

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mx700-49-or-logitech-v500-69.375272/
Relevancy 41.28%

This is kind of a recent problem I'm browsing the web like usual doing whatever I do the computer's fine not slower than normal minutes later it's really slow and up.. then PC down slows slows down.. speeds then I can't get it to do anything not without waiting minutes after I've clicked it a thousand times not close IE not go to another webpage switch tabs etc I was reading something and I think if the CPU gets hot it slows down Could it be that the computer's been sitting doing nothing and then I'm on it so it's fine and then as the CPU works it starts to heat up and that makes it slow down I've only been using IE of late so it could be something with IE I just PC slows down.. then speeds up.. then slows down recently finished cleaning PC slows down.. then speeds up.. then slows down the computer up Deleted temporary files defragmented etc so I don't think it's because it's clogged with stuff It could be because it doesn't have a cache but it seems like it would've made one by now I finished it - weeks ago Anyone have any ideas Thanks

A:PC slows down.. then speeds up.. then slows down

This is indeed indicative of overheating or a failing Power Supply Unit. Shut down the computer and open the side and blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model # and Wattage. Start the computer up and make sure all fans are spinning. Download Speccy. This will monitor your computers temperatures along with many other things. Report what the temps are when slowing down.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-slows-down-then-speeds-up-then-slows-down-662462.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Cursor is smooth and fast at startup and in safe mode sound works fine startup noise but when everything loads and Windows is actually usable it s like the PC works great until hardware audio, + noise found when cursor cursor, 100% startup Choppy cpu at moving you move the cursor Cursor is choppy and affects sounds I can watch video and listen to music perfectly until I move the cursor I made a video of this www youtube com watch amp v JwfH qgChI Things I ve tried uninstalling reinstalling repairing etc mouse drivers video card drivers network adapter drivers thought the problem was related to network activity because of startup safe mode behaviour being normal catalyst control centre etc Gigabyte G M-ESL new Pentium D GHz GB ram x GB ddr tested with Memtest Radeon HD GB Atheros AR Ethernet XP Pro SP Mouse is a wired Logitech MX uses Setpoint software All Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup the specs I Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup can think of let me know if you think any other info would help In task manager performance tab cpu goes to usage when the cursor is moved around New build no viruses scanned for good measure with Avast then uninstalled Avast to see if it helped Malwarebytes Spybot Microsoft Security etc I don t see how infection could even be a problem at this point Anyone recognise Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup this problem or have any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Choppy cursor + audio, 100% cpu when moving cursor, hardware found noise at startup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-cursor-audio-100-cpu-when-moving-cursor-hardware-found-noise-at-startup.1031590/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Everyone- when Asus 1015, typing moves Cursor when cursor jumping Eee typing on a new Asus EEE with Win the Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing cursor will suddenly jump backwards to an earlier spot in the text This happens a lot and makes it difficult to type anything I googled and saw this problem for many systems and OSs but it seems like mainly a laptop and netbook problem some people have erduced sensitivity on touchpads or have updated touchpad drivers or have Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing installed a program that disconnects the touchpad when the keys are being used We know we are not touching the touchpad accidentally you can really perch your fingers way above and the jump still happens We have decreased the sensitivity on the touchpad and the jumping still happens We also have an Asus EEE Win XP for almost a year with absolutely no cursor jumping Any info specific to this set-up I would love to hear any insights before I go into a long routine of upgraing BIOS upgrading touchpad drives etc nbsp

A:Cursor jumping Asus Eee 1015, cursor moves when typing

As the PC is new I would return it under warranty as this is most likely a hardware issue.

The only quick fix that might work is to reinstall the touchpad drivers from the Asus site. You could also check in the touchpad settings to see what is set for making the cursor disappear during typing, change the setting from whatever it is at present and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cursor-jumping-asus-eee-1015-cursor-moves-when-typing.161698/
Relevancy 39.99%

Maybe this sounds weird, but I like the classic cursors and I want the cursor to stay the same whether it's showing a background or busy activity.

I tried to capture the cursor and edit it with AWicons, but when I set it, the entire cursor just dissapears when I launch an app for example. But when the white cursor is smaller than the normal, it's fine.

A:Apply classic arrow cursor to background and busy cursor?

You can just download standard classic cursor from XP and apply it to every cursor type by clicking on each type and selecting that file with Browse button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/164182-apply-classic-arrow-cursor-background-busy-cursor.html
Relevancy 39.56%

1. Optical USB mouse won't move the cursor.
2. Mouse buttons function properly
3. Bought a new similar mouse, same problem, ruling out damaged mouse likelihood.

4. Have tried multiple USB slots. Have tried rebooting. Have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting.
5. Saw somewhere to remove battery but I'm in a hotel and have no screwdriver to do so.

Really need to fix this as my shoulder is becoming inflamed reaching to the mousepad. Help?

Toshiba Satellite M50, Win7.

A:Laptop Mouse Cursor Won't Move, MousePAD cursor does

Have mercy, all. I know this isn't a mouse hardware issue...must be something solvable. Any help?
Gratefully,
Cham

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398502-laptop-mouse-cursor-wont-move-mousepad-cursor-does.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All:

I have found a pointer that I want to use in my Windows7 environment, it is the airplane pointer used in Secret Weapons Over Normandy. Can anyone tell me how I go about this? It appears the cursor in the game folder is a .bin file without a picture while cursor files are .cur and have a picture in the file listing.

Thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

Firstly please excuse my lacking of computer knowledge I m merely a scatterbrained teen looking for some help I m not even sure this thread is in the right place I ve looked around the web for the longest time for a solution to this problem but have found nothing but advice on restarting the computer which does nothing to help This flashing cursor is very annoying and not only is it a visual irritant but ever since it started to flash my computer has been running slower than usual I ve checked task manager for any Cursor with background' 'Working in cursor flashing every second strange or Cursor flashing with 'Working in background' cursor every second unusual processes that might be trying to run and keep failing and restarting but everything seems normal there Currently I m running a virus scanner to see if any malware has tampered with anything but so far no risks there besides the usual few tracking cookies For now to keep me from pulling my hair out from the massive irritation this problem brings I have went into the mouse settings and changed the working in background cursor to the regular pointer to keep it from visually flashing I d be very grateful if someone could be of some assistance for if this is causing some hazardous problem with my computer simply hiding the flashing cursor will do no good - On a different note- About two weeks ago my computer crashed with a blue screen as it does often though it doesn t appear to mess with anything and seems only more irritating than destructive Typically each blue screen states that the crash was due to BAD POOL CALLER After my computer rebooted there was a popup stating that my copy of Windows was not genuine and than proceeded to place text in the bottom right corner of the screen saying the same thing After about a week the message disappeared from the bottom right corner I vaguely remember the same thing happening a few months ago Should I be concerned at all or were these merely errors nbsp

A:Cursor flashing with 'Working in background' cursor every second

Where you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same problem... it started about a week ago, I did not get any type of blue screen but damn this working in background thing is bugging me like crazy...

Any one know what we can try to find out what may be causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-flashing-with-working-in-background-cursor-every-second.1053394/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Cursor is smooth and fast at startup and in safe mode sound works fine startup noise but when everything loads and Windows is actually usable it's like the PC works great until you move the cursor Cursor is choppy and affects sounds I can watch video and listen to music perfectly until I move the cursor I made a video of this pc issue - fine unless cursor moves - YouTube Things I've tried uninstalling reinstalling repairing etc mouse drivers video card drivers network adapter drivers thought the problem was related to network activity because of startup safe mode behaviour being normal catalyst control centre etc Gigabyte G M-ESL new of stutter video+sound problem) cursor, Choppy when (Video cursor is moved Pentium D GHz GB ram x GB ddr tested with Memtest Radeon HD GB Atheros AR Ethernet XP Pro (Video of problem) Choppy cursor, video+sound stutter when cursor is moved SP Mouse is a wired Logitech MX uses Setpoint software All the specs I can think of let me know if you think any other info would help In task manager performance tab cpu goes to usage when the cursor is moved around New build no viruses scanned for good measure with Avast then uninstalled Avast to see if it helped Malwarebytes Spybot Microsoft Security etc I don't see how infection could even be a problem at this point Anyone recognise this problem or have any ideas Thanks in advance

A:(Video of problem) Choppy cursor, video+sound stutter when cursor is moved

Finally hunted down a ps/2 mouse instead of other usb mice (durr). There seems to be no problem now, not even in task manager.

Now my problem is I'm using a ps2 mouse.

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-of-problem-choppy-cursor-video-sound-stutter-when-cursor-is-moved-618915.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi ,can i use my woofer that came with my creative 2.1 sysytem and use these logitechs 2.0 with the subwoofer!!
Can i connect a woofer from a 2.1 speaker system to and 2.0 speakeer system

A:Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0) Logitech X-140 Multimedia

Can you provide the details of both systems ie make and model. A link to them would be better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/100580-logitech-x-140-multimedia-speakers-2-0-logitech-x-140-multimedia.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hello people im building a gaming PC and it is my first built Till now i had been playing on low end laptop back in times of NFS underground n all then i got XPS L x and xbox -S but they all have their limitations and the laptops cost a lot and dont withstand the threshold of the games of current time first PC in 1080p at 120HZ...... gaming 3D built for at gaming It all becomes very confined and limited So i have decided to go for an ALL GAMING ONLY PC built and im going to do it myself really excited about the first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ...... complete project Now ill be playing games in D ie on a D monitor but im not a very big fan of the k or UHD resolutions and will be playing at x p but at HZ instead of hz monitor so keeping all that in mind and with my research over the internet for couple of months i have decided what im buying and i need you guys to help me out finding any problem with this configuration PCPartPicker part list http pcpartpicker com p pV GX Price breakdown by merchant http pcpartpicker com p pV GX by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Newegg CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon M CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard MSI Z -GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Newegg Storage Corsair Force LS GB quot Solid State Drive Newegg Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive OutletPC Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Twin Frozr Video Card Directron Case NZXT Phantom White ATX Mid Tower Case Amazon Power Supply Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Newegg Monitor Asus VG QE Hz quot Monitor Newegg Total now will all things work fine with eachother i dont want something to mismatch with the other Also if i can get a motherboard cheaper then this one which supports click Overclocking like OC gene in this case and USB Audio headers for front panel of the case I would like to save some money And im really very confused about the graphic card is going for a good move or should i stick to only Remember ill be playing in D at HZ minimum at p any more suggestions you give me will be rewarded with kisses of your loved ones today lol nbsp

A:first gaming PC built for gaming in 3D at 1080p at 120HZ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-gaming-pc-built-for-gaming-in-3d-at-1080p-at-120hz.1138331/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings All I posted this over at both the MSI and TomsHardware forums as I think it's a hardware issue but I want to make sure it's not Z170a or 960 MSI Gaming GTX 100ME 3 GAMING Issue? a Windows issue so I'm MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue? going to post it here in case anyone has some thoughts or ran into a similar issue in the past Gents I've run into an issue on a new build that I can't nail down and need your advice on my next steps so I'll try to give you all the information I have and what I tried This is a NEW build that was built about weeks ago Everything ran fine until today when it all went wrong after a game lockup Everything worked fine today when I booted up so I decided to play Witcher which I've been playing with no issues with the exception of a freeze for a second or two in big cities when the CPU hit's but those are few Anyway at the main menu screen not playing yet today it locked up for the first time Had to use reset button as CNT-ALT-DLT didn't work and on reboot the problem appeared Problem No matter what I do I can't get GTX out of X resolution safe mode or resolve it's conflict Description of how it Boots Events Starting the PC powering on this is what happens between devices The GPU lights up and monitor is Blue active Four seconds later GPU lights OFF VGA on motherboard turns RED and Monitor goes AMBER no signal Six seconds later GPU lights ON RED VGA light goes OFF and Monitor goes Blue active At this point it loads the bios screen at X resolution and same if I enter windows With or Without the Nividia drivers installed I can not change the desktop resolution and device manager reports the device is disabled and conflicts All functions on quot Change Display Settings quot beyond X is quot greyed out quot and under quot Properties quot it's all blank Checking quot resources quot it's conflicting with the Intel CPU resources Also on boot-up a small graphic glitch appears on the screen for a few seconds wide lines then goes away Steps I've taken and it's result Removed and Reinstalled Drivers NONE Removed and re-seat GPU NONE Double Check voltages from PSU for stability fine v on rails NONE Remove all drivers and the card reboot and let Windows install it's own NONE Installed and Reinstall drivers through device manager NONE Ran SFC to check for corruption NONE Swapped out for a known good SEE BELOW Now Here's where my trouble shooting skills are at a loss Thinking it's now a GPU issue I removed all drivers and installed my old GTS to test GTS Boot events Power PC Motherboard VGA RED and Monitor Blue active Three seconds later VGA RED goes OFF and enters BIOS and Windows at high resolution Installed Nivida drives rebooted and checked settings in device manager and desktop and it's all fine at X At this point thinking the GTX is the issue which it still may be I installed it without nvidia drivers in another PC running Windows to test and it worked fine in that PC at a higher resolution NOT X as that monitor didn't support it with default Windows drivers So the card works in the other PC but not my new build at the moment worked fine for weeks and my older GTX card works in the new build which I'm using now which suggests the motherboard is not the issue or is it As the bios screen is effected by the issue before Windows loads this suggests a hardware issue not software I have close restore point from days ago but I'm not a novice PC builder so my gut is telling me it's a hardware issue so it's worthless to restore since it won't address the issue and the GTX I'm running right now works fine at those settings Thoughts Advice Next Steps PC Specs MSI Z a Gaming bios ver A G Skill Ripjaws V Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Intel Core i - M GHz LGA MSI GeForce GTX DirectX GTX GAMING ME Rosewill DU watt PSU Windows Pro bit SP Updates Hanns G HG X hz Connected via DVI to HDMI cable Nvidia Driver Version Side Note As someone mentioned this before The power supply I'm using Rosewill DU wa... Read more

A:MSI Z170a Gaming 3 or GTX 960 GAMING 100ME Issue?

7-31-2016 Update

Well no one replied yet to my post but I did some more testing and the result is as follows.

I did some more troubleshooting and cleared the CMOS, swapped monitors, tried another HDMI cable and reinstalled the 960 into the new build for testing but it still did not solve the issue. Still locked at 800X600 with error code 43 (Windows disable the device because of problems) in device manager and I'm concerned about how the card itself boots and lights the RED VGA led on the MSI board. I retested it in that PC that has the 600watt PSU and an Asrock board and while it did work at a higher resolution the card behaves suspiciously during powerup as.

1. Power on All Fans and MSI logo light up.... Monitor is Blue (active)
2. 5 seconds later MSI logo goes off... fans still spinning.....Monitor is Amber (No Signal)
3. 15 seconds later MSI logo comes on......Monitor goes Blue (active)
4. Once Windows loads fans stop spinning. (Normal)

**Note** This is similar to the way it boots in the problem system (no RED led on Asrock board)

So 20 seconds total to initiate a stable signal to me is problematic and this is on the test PC not the one I built BUT I still can't rule out a problem with this MSI motherboard as that RED VGA led still comes on for a few seconds when the GTS 450 is in there (even though it works fine) and I can't find an answer to if that's normal. Sent a "support" request to MSI and their reply was "Try the card in another system and try another card in your problem system" lol. They must not read carefully as this was already covered....hahaha.

So... I need some suggestions besides those I tried and if anyone has a MSI Z170a Gaming 3 board can you please post your startup sequence and let me know if it lights the RED VGA led light on startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/399131-msi-z170a-gaming-3-gtx-960-gaming-100me-issue.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok so let me just throw my budget out here est I'm not sure i could be more or less thats just a rough idea MY NEED I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at - atleast And i want it to be able a Gaming Low budget. Building Computer Gaming Help. to play grand theft auto v I need help in the costs of the parts im choosing if it can be better then please suggest parts Any way I need Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. help Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. in every aspect RAM I know what RAM is Im going for to gb will ddr do the job how much will it cost Processor I believe that a i should be okay a ghz one its around right Should i pick another one GPU okay so currently I have in my laptop a Nvidia m Its an integrated card I obviously want a dedicated one Im not sure which to pick please recommend a card hopefully from Nvidia What does bit bit mean in GPUs And what memory should the card have gb EDIT i found this card http www geforce com hardware desk geforce-gt its price is around can i go for this HDD at the time of purchase Im thinking about gb hdds because if i need more I'll simply attach more so thats not a problem MotherBoard I know s it about these things My plan is to tell my desired parts to the guy at the shop from where im buying and getting it built i'll just tell which parts I want Then he'll just choose a good enough mother board for me is this ok Did i miss anything please help me

A:Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.

The only thing that's missing is the power supply (the "PSU"), but we should wait until you select a CPU and video card - especially the video card. The PSU is an investment, so we have to make sure it's a good one.

Anyway,

RAM:

Go for a 2 x 4 GB kit or 2 x 8 GB kit. Your only choice right now is DDR3. The cost can vary from roughly $50 USD give or take $10-$20 to almost $200 USD and more.

CPU:

Which i5? 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, or 4th Generation Core i5? The cost should be at around $200 give or take $10 to $20 USD.

Video card:

Try to avoid being loyal to one side or the other (NVIDIA or AMD) because some AMD GPUs are way better, but some NVIDIA GPUs are better.

The 128bit or 256bit is the bandwidth of the memory. The higher the number, the faster the memory can be in some ways.

The amount of memory you'd want is about 2GB, yeah. The more the merrier, but it mostly benefits textures.

You can go for any video card you want, but the GT 640 might not be an appreciable upgrade from the 410m. You'll notice it, but I dunno...

HDD:

Yeah, this is a little bit of a personal thing because take me for example: I have two 60 GB solid state drives and it's all I need. One is for Windows and programs, and the other is for things like My Documents and even my desktop.

Like the power supply, the hard drive is a bit of an investment, so try to get good ones.

Motherboard:

Not really. I would also like to see you build it instead of making someone do it for you. That way, you can make sure it's done right the first time. You won't need to know how to do anything because you can lean on us.

I also recommend posting this thread over on Overclock.net, but make it clear that you're not overclocking. They are very good at building computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297530-building-gaming-computer-gaming-low-budget-help.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a Windows 7 multi-touch device and every time i touch the screen i get a mouse graphic. Its really annoying
because it has a tendency to get in the way when i am tapping around with my fingers on the screen. can i remove and have only cursor arrow without mouse. i know there is a option but i need only cursor arrow. is it possible with any registry edit option.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce4c1c5b-8fa1-4c41-85cf-ecc33c9cbc22/mouse-graphic-not-cursor-next-to-mouse-cursor-when-touching-screen?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 34.83%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 34.83%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So I m new to the forum and I was hoping my issue can be resolved or at least get some insight on what is causing my PC to crash The rig is brand new and I just installed windows and updated everything so it s getting really depressing gettting your new PC to crash this much During gaming or watching videos or downloading heavy programas i e Games my computer will just freeze out and I can t task manager out of it the only way out is to turn it off my holding the power button Sometime when watching a video it ll crash and a sound just loops from the speakers in the screen I ve tried Changing RAM sticks and only using one Re installing windows and all the drivers WhoCrashed doesn t give me any crash reports not even when I had it open and the PC crashed Specs http speccy piriform com results vF GuRJcFeP FEXkKQf rIZ Any type of insight would really be apreciated

A:New Gaming Rig crashes during gaming and videos

Here is a review on Newegg, about your motherboard ?
That may shed some light on your problem you are having.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/SingleProductReview.aspx?reviewid=3972564

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630217/new-gaming-rig-crashes-during-gaming-and-videos/
Relevancy 34.83%

HI BleepingComputer,

I recently bought a new gaming computer. I am really happy with it, but when I tried to test her out with some new games, my whole computer crashes. The games I tried it with are League of Legends and Counter Strike Global offensive. Here is a speccy for anyone intrested http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qLb4kYSzKDwZyFeBstSWHDf. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Luke

Edit: I think it has to do with my graphic card; when run speccy while playing csgo it registered 97 degrees. Is there anything I can do?

A:Gaming Computer crashes while gaming

Look at the event viewer to find which part of you PC causes the problem, read this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562532/gaming-computer-crashes-while-gaming/
Relevancy 33.11%

Thought I got rid of the problem by reinstalling XP but apparently not Just an hour ago everything was working fine but now the applications slow down again -- i e I m scanning through Trendmicro Housecall IE using Word and using Yahoo Messenger then suddenly YM starts quot Not Responding quot and I am only able to switch to the other windows after waiting a while Any thoughts HJT log below first time I ve done this so I hope I did it right Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on down... slows Everything Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Everything slows down... C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System Everything slows down... svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Documents and Settings Everything slows down... My Documents Apps HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl yinst yinst current cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B F - - C -AA A- BB YAddBook Class - http us dl yimg com download yahoo com dl installs suite yautocomplete cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D A- E - C- AF -F E AA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D A- E - C- AF -F E AA NameServer nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys

My computer slows down to a point that I cannot use it at all. The problem started last Sunday, right after I uploaded pictures taken at a wedding the night before. (Coincidence, I don't know). I also noticed that sometimes after the computer comes back to normal updates are being installed. Before Sunday my PC was running just fine. Neither virus nor Malware was found.

Got an idea?

WindosXp Spack3, Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz, 2Gb Rams

Relevancy 33.11%

Sorry for last time. Now I have a huge trouble with xp. About a month ago when i tried to open a game a msg appeared which means my ram doesnt have enough space to open the game. If i continue i can get some errors. That was a normal game and I never got a msg like this before. After a few days it was getting bigger and bigger. Now a days if i click on refresh it takes around 3-5 sec. to refresh. My computer takes 30 sec to open. This is really fustrating. I never had a problem like this. My pc hangs up many times. I hav kaspersky antivirus. I did a scan all over my computer. But didnt get anything. Can u guys help me?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello The problem may seem to be malware or non-malware related My computer slows down when using programs but not firefox I cannot install HJT and post a log since it may not respond and Slows Xp Down may hang I made several repairs also with no success But after that I made several inspections on both hardware amp software Finally I had a lead In the Task Manager I Xp Slows Down have seen my CPU Usage goes for some time Xp Slows Down and then lowers to then back to amp repeats and repeats itself I also identified several Processes in the Task Manager that may be Fatal The items listed below are not in the exact order and are not complete I only listed suspicious processes Image Name User Name CPU Mem Usage svchost exe k svchost exe k svchost exe k svchost exe k spoolsv exe k Isass exe k explorer exe k services Xp Slows Down exe k However though I cannot see any reason why are there so many svchost exes in the process and is the process explorer exe Windows explorer or Internet Explorer which i don't use Is it also recommended to end the process of the st svchost exe it hogs memory and could be the cause of all the slowing downs t y in advance

A:Xp Slows Down

I managed to download HJT and make a log file when the CPU Usage is low
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:15:17 PM, on 4/20/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\VersionCueCS2Tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\bin\VersionCueCS2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\data\database\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Raymond\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime Alternative\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Version Cue CS2] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS2\ControlPanel\Ver... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89421/xp-slows-down/
Relevancy 33.11%

my down often pc slows pc slows down and even stall for a few seconds every now and then i even got an error message saying something about the virtual memory a weird thing also happened when i tried to copy some pics to a certain folder after copying it to the said folder pc slows down often i found multiple copies of them in their original folder like it was pasted on the original folder - times weird avg detected no viruses i removed tracking cookies picked up by adaware and dso exploit found by spybot search and destroy here is my log using hijackthis analyzer result txt Log was analyzed using HijackThis Analyzer pc slows down often - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG AVGCC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup pc slows down often O - Service AVG Service - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Switch Off swoff exe C hijack HijackThis- exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mail yahoo com intl us O - Startup Microsoft Office OneNote Quick Launch lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A D - DA - D-A E-B F F FE NameServer End of HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:pc slows down often

If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Get the newer version of AVG here. Install it and make sure to check for updates.

Let's use a program to scan for any trojans that may exist. Download TDS-3. Learn how to use it here. Make sure to update it after you installed it. You can get the manual updates here. When you launch the program, it will scan your memory for running processes. This will take less than 30 seconds. Next go to System Testing on the menu and choose Full System Scan. After that's finished, post the log file by selecting everything on the top pane (select from bottom to top). If any alarms are found, it will be listed in the bottom window. Please copy and paste that here also if it applies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-slows-down-often-34925.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a pc which starts to slow down and accesses the hard drive after a few hours. I think this may be due to the fast find fascility in office XP how can I turn it off?

A:pc slows down

Hi Deltronics. Welcome to the board!

Here's some reading:

OFFXP: Overview of the New Search Feature in Office XP

OFFXP: Hard Disk Runs Continuously After You Install Office XP

It may also be a good idea to have a closer look at your configuration.

Please do this:

Go to http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php#det, and download 'Hijack This!'.

Unzip it, launch Hijack This, then press "Config" > "Miscellaneous Tools", and press "Generate Startuplist Log"

This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.

Go to Edit > select all, copy it and post its contents here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-slows-down.135428/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello everyone, my PC is slowing down and has internet speed drop.
I think I am infected. Can you please help me to check ?

Relevancy 33.11%

I have an HP with a trigem MB. Everything is good except when I start the computer, the cpu fan runs at a fast speed until the win xp welcome screen appears. It then slows down to a very slow rate. The fan is new and works fine on other boards. What could cause this slowdown only in windows. If I enter bios to check temp of cpu, the fan is running at a fast speed at that time so temp is good. I am worried that this slowe fan in windows will ultimately result in overheating. The fan is plugged into the cpu fan plug on MB.
Thanks

A:cpu fan slows

Some PCs do this by design, . Post your HP model and we can check it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-slows.579047/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have just been playing lotro and i was lagging quite alot my friend was skipping ahead of me all the time and my skills were taking a good seconds to be used I got fraps on to check frames it was running between and fps Latency was mostly balanced on with loss I continued to play and for a short while it got better then all of a sudden it went really bad it was like walking in slow motion my cursor was the same My friends voice went very slow and choppy and my whole pc went very down. Everything slows very slow Game became unplayable so ive just got off and everything started to speed up again Packard Bell ixtreme M gigahertz Intel Core Quad Q Megabytes Usable Installed Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX recently upgraded Also i upgraded my psu with a cheaper option unsure if im allowed to put links to products here but ill show it anyway http www play com PC PCs - CiT- U- W-PSU-Power-Supply-Unit-Gold Product html Everything slows down. Its a very unusual lag ive never experianced before I also played an hour of empire totalwar with no lag but i played anno for mins before the same thing happened Also i used msiafterburner temperature was at a stable so its not the graphics overheating nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Thought I got rid of the problem by reinstalling XP but apparently not Just an hour ago everything was working fine but now the applications slow down again -- i e I m scanning through Trendmicro Housecall IE using Word Everything down... slows and using Yahoo Messenger then suddenly YM starts quot Not Responding quot and I am only able to switch to the other windows after waiting a while Any thoughts HJT log below first time I ve done this so I hope I did it right Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Everything slows down... PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Everything slows down... exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Documents and Settings My Documents Apps HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http download yahoo com dl yinst yinst current cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B F - - C -AA A- BB YAddBook Class - http us dl yimg com download yahoo com dl installs suite yautocomplete cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D A- E - C- AF -F E AA NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip D A- E - C- AF -F E AA NameServer nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Why, O why, O why?
My laptop (Windows 7, 64 byte, VAIO) is kept up-to-date and clean every so often using Malwarebytes, Spybot and Avast Free Antivirus.
When I stop using the PC, but leave it left on for an hour or so, then return to start something, it takes about 30 seconds to react. Has it been doing something during the last hour, tying itself in a knot or something? If so how can I find out what?

A:PC slows, after doing nothing.

After that 30 seconds, does it then return to normal speeds?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-slows-after-doing-nothing-968457.html
Relevancy 33.11%

The Cursor is jumping around while I type. This is very frustrating. I only just upgraded to Windows 7, it was a clean install, b.c I had been having so many troubles with Vista (it kept crashing).
I seem to have a Microsoft curse.
This is very frustrating - I am seriously questioning whether my next major purchase will involve Windows, as reliability seems to be a problem!

A:Cursor jumps around while typing in word (corrected) - Cursor jumpsing in Word around while typ (not corrected)

Hi,

Before going further, would you please let me know if the issue only occurs when trying in Word? What about notepad or other software? What is your mouse model?
Does it have the driver? Did you install any mouse related software?

First, make sure your computer model is supported Windows 7. If so, update the latest mouse and touchpad driver from manufacture's site. Also, go to Mouse Properties
-> Pointers Options tab -> clear the option for Enhance pointer precision.

If the issue persists, I suggest performing a
Clean Boot or Safe Mode to check the result.

Best Regards,
Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/95df4d17-cf1f-4826-b331-f103393242e4/cursor-jumps-around-while-typing-in-word-corrected-cursor-jumpsing-in-word-around-while-typ-not?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 33.11%

I have windows 7 installed on my HP Elitebook 8440p. It was running good till the last week but now it slows up after a continuous run of about 10-15 mins. It runs very very slow. I could not figure out the reason why it is happening.

I have tried clean install and it does the same. Help !

Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 slows up

you can run a drive test to see if possibly the harddrive is going bad. you can run the microsoft test or one from seatools.
Check a drive for errors
SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-slows-up-896402.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Everyone:

This is my first post ever and I've read thru other threads and am very excited to have found such an invaluable forum for help.

Hopefully, one of you experts will be able to help me solve an issue for my friend.

They are using Windows 2000 Professional and in the last couple of weeks they are experiencing the following problem:

When a 2nd IE Browser is opened, everything slows to an unbelievable crawl. I've already had them clean out Temporary Internet files, Cookies, History, etc., and I've had them run SpyBot S&D. That seems to work for a few days and then it's back to the same old thing.

Is there anything else I can have them do?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Relevancy 33.11%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC down! slows help.. need compter WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System S EvMon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC mysql bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System iexplore exeC WINDOWS System RegSrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS compter slows down! need help.. Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System ctfmon compter slows down! need help.. exeC WINDOWS System XConfig exeC Program compter slows down! need help.. Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TPA exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC Program Files HPQ Q Menu CpqMcSrV exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS VM STI EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Mobile Printing HPBMOBIL EXEC Program Files Mightyfax MFNTCTL EXEC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia connmngmntbox exeC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia ectaskscheduler exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT Elogerr exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRunTime mRouterRuntime exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT BROADC EXEC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT SCRFS exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exeC Documents and Settings dane Desktop essential fixes hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hp com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http proxy dlsu edu ph O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Save Flash - EA - D- -A -C D CBCF - C Program Files Save Flash SaveFlash dllO - HKLM Run TabletTip quot C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink tabtip exe quot resumeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz rundll nview dll nViewLoadHookO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:compter slows down! need help..

Hi dandiz and Welcome to the Bleeping Computer!Lets take this one Infection at a timeDownload the l2mfix from herehttp://www.atribune.org/downloads/l2mfix.exeorhttp://www.downloads.subratam.org/l2mfix.exeSave the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until I ask you to.If you recieve any error messages for CMD or Autoexec.bat>> Select Option 5 from the l2mfix and once at the Site,Click on the link that apply to your Operating System!Double Click the file it downloads and Extract the files to its predetermined System32 folder!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24220/compter-slows-down-need-help/
Relevancy 33.11%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC down.. HELP! NEED Computer slows WINDOWS System svchost exeC NEED HELP! Computer slows down.. WINDOWS System S EvMon exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exeC Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exeC mysql bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System RegSrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC WINDOWS System tabbtnu exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC NEED HELP! Computer slows down.. WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System XConfig exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TPA exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exeC Program Files HPQ Q Menu CpqMcSrV exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Mobile Printing HPBMOBIL EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Nokia PC NEED HELP! Computer slows down.. Suite for Nokia connmngmntbox exeC Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia ectaskscheduler exeC Program Files ESC Technologies Wallpaper Gyro WallpaperGyro exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT Elogerr exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRunTime mRouterRuntime exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT BROADC EXEC PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT SCRFS exeC Program Files ewido security suite SecuritySuite exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Documents and Settings dane Desktop essential fixes hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hp com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http proxy dlsu edu ph O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run TabletTip quot C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink tabtip exe quot resumeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz rundll nview dll nViewLoadHookO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM... Read more

A:NEED HELP! Computer slows down..

Print out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsRun Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blankR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [p2pnetwork] p2pnetwork.exeO16 - DPF: Dialpad Webphone - https://www.dialpad.com/md/update/cham.cabReboot your computer into Safe ModeThen delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)c:\windows\system32\p2pnetwork.exeReboot your computer to go back to normal mode and post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20666/need-help-computer-slows-down/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey everyone I PC slows down CHKDSK got a strange issue I was working on a computer and the user complained it was very slow It is a Windows XP SP CHKDSK slows down PC HP machine with GB RAM I started by going through msconfig then through add remove programs and removing stuff that way I next did a chkdsk from the command prompt and it deleted a ton of indexes and then it said that it could not continue since it had found errors I added the f parameter to it and windows would check the drive when it rebooted Now at this point it was starting to run a bit faster CHKDSK took awhile and there were CHKDSK slows down PC some more errors in the master boot table and the partition table and it fixed all that Now when it rebooted it was slower than ever It took about minutes to load all the way up compared to the less than minutes earlier CHKDSK slows down PC I assumed that it was Windows trying to work around all those errors that chkdsk fixed I told the customer to run defrag and that may help with it After minutes defrag was still at and I had to leave to head home since it was late So with all that said my question is why would chkdsk slow it down and would defrag resolve this issue since it may need to move data around after chkdsk deleted those indexes and other table errors For the record I know doing defrag will speed up any PC it needed it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Each time i connect to the internet on Windows Xp with my Trust 215A Speedlink ADSL PCI WEB MODEM, my full system slows to a complete halt practically sometimes i can go online for about 1hour at most without any problem but the problems ALWAYS occurs and it seems to only be when i connect to the internet i tried windows update and SP updates but no success! Everything runs fine on Windows ME edition it's only when i install XP i get the problems anyhelp would be appreciated.

Abit Siluro 128mb Nvidia Gforce 3
256mb ram ddr
pentium 4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-on-xp-slows-system.313076/
Relevancy 33.11%

can anyone help me out with this one. After the computer being on for a while (can be anywhere from an hour to two hours) the computer slows down. I have read something about Leaking RAM but don't know if this would be the cause. The problem is solved once I shut down & restart the PC but it often takes forever for the shut down to occur. Any ideas of things to try would be greatly helpful. The computer is AMD 400, 64 MB RAM & the O/S is Win98. Thanks.

A:Computer Slows

All the fans running? It could be caused by the power supply getting ready to go out. I've seen it happen a lot. They're easy to replace. How old is the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slows.83528/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey folks,

Ive been noticing that my computer runs very very slow a few hours after startup. everything will be working fine and then my task bar will freeze when i hit start, i try ctrl+alt & Delete and all i will get is the Task Manager icon in the tray. i will try and access my documents and nothing will open, if i click an icon on my desktop once it will highlight but if i double click to open it it doesnt do a thing, just an hour glass =S

Ive reinstalled Windows 3 times, formatted the hard drive (not quick format) Purchassed AVG internet Security and also advanced system optimizer, but it still does the same thing after every Re-install =( does anyone have any advice? it is really starting to bug me

Thanks everyone

Robin

A:Computer slows right down!

It would be helpful if we know what we're working with. What are the specs? If the issue doesn't go away after reinstalling windows, it's safe to assume a hardware issue.

Did you always have this problem or did it start recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-slows-right-down-565858.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Around a week ago I started experiencing massive slowdowns I have no specific time or log to see if I installed something that might've caused it The only thing I can think off is that I dabbled in CS Slows intervals at for the first time in a very long time but didn't launch it more than - times It has some weird symptoms Whenever I start my pc for the first time of the day Slows at intervals it pretty much just locks up after I try to launch a program and get a windows has stopped working error But when I reset it immediately after with the reset button because I didn't have the patience to wait longer than minutes for windows to respond I can also just use the windows start button to shutdown unless I launch anything it works fine However at certain intervals it just slow down massively The League of Legends victory defeat screen has also been consistently slow Winamp will be unresponsive to track changes with the shortcut keys and Chrome pages won't load Loading up any other programs during that time is futile too This can last anywhere from seconds to - minutes And after that it works fine till the next slow I ran a full scan with ESET which didn't produce any results I also tried booting in safe mode which worked perfectly However I didn't stay in there long minutes at most If I'm not mistaking the slows have become less frequent and less severe over the last few days although that might just be perception because I've gotten used to it If we could pinpoint the exact problem that would be splendid but I would be just as happy with simply excluding a hardware problem and do a clean install of my OS It's been a while anyway and my PC has been sluggier than I would like for a while now When I was playing Amalur my FPS was just fine and the only time when I experienced any noticeable slower performance was during loading and changing areas The only thing I can think of is a hard drive problem or simply cluttered OS Thanks in advance

A:Slows at intervals

Have you tried a system restore, to a date before the slow dons happened? Click on the Start Orb > then in the search bar, type rstrui.exe select a date prior to the time of the slow downs.

If that didn't help, open a command prompt, Start > Search type cmd.exe right click on the .exe select run as administrator. Then type sfc /scannow press enter.

I'm travelling back from Jamaica today, so I'll be offline for sometime. Others should help out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slows-at-intervals-794922.html
Relevancy 33.11%

For about the last week the longer I use my laptop the slower it gets.

I have a Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core Duo CPU T5470 @1.60GHz with 2 Gig of RAM running XP.

I have done most of the most of the tasks listed on this forum under "Is your PC running slow". They didn't seem to help.

I am not sure if it's overheating, viruses, or who knows what.

I usually have Outlook open, a Database and Explorer, maybe Excel or Word as well.

Usually after about 2-4 hours it runs so slow that you can't move from one applicaiton to the other, it just gets locked up.

If you shut it down and fire it right back up it's fine for another few hours.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

A:Slows Down Longer I Use It

Hi check the last 2 sections here Caring for your notebook computer.
have you run disc clean up or chkdsk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slows-down-longer-i-use-it-667060.html
Relevancy 33.11%

The PC was working just fine until I installed the burner. Then it would not finish the cmos part of bootup at all. Waited over half an hour. I unplugged the cable from the CD rom and it would be slow at boot but after 3 minutes it does finally boot up. Now the entire PC seems to be slow. I put the cursor on the start button and it would take over 10 seconds for the menus to pop up. Whats going on? Seems like the burner causes the cmos to slow down? Opinion from the experts???

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I recently upgraded from Windows ME XP in Slows Down Printer to XP and after a load of hassle everything is working except my printer Lexmark Z I deleted the ME driver and uploaded the XP driver but the probem remains My printer starts immediately and prints about half a page of text at normal speed before running out of steam and Printer Slows Down in XP chugging through the second half of the page It ran just fine on ME so the problem must be something to do witht he XP upgrade Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Just in case here is my hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Printer Slows Down in XP System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Printer Slows Down in XP WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files BT Yahoo BT Yahoo Help bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C PROGRA YAHOO browser ycommon exe C PROGRA YAHOO MESSEN YPAGER EXE C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser YBrowser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Mac Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by BT Yahoo Broadband R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar BT Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security UrlLstCk exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Windows Firewall Manager msfw exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedT... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Ok I built this computer on Thanksgiving Was a great rig and down freezes up Slows and was running excellent untill about weeks ago when it started slowing down and freezing up after I got onto windows and tried to do a couple things For instance If I double click an icon on my desktop the hourglass will come on for minutes and go away and nothing will happen Or if I try to play Call of Slows down and freezes up Duty it will only get so far then the whole computer will lock up and I will have to reboot it just to go back to the same thing Slows down and freezes up all over again It seems Slows down and freezes up to run at about of its capability and doesnt like to open anything up I have tryed to test my RAM with a memory test I have on a floppy that runs in DOS but this computer will not read my floppy from boot up All my other computers do I went into bios and changed the boot sequence from First boot - Removable drive doesnt give me a option for floppy Second boot - CD and Third boot - Hard drive Still wouldnt read the disk in DOS I tried a few other sequences but NOTHING So I just bought new Ram I didnt want to RMA the ram I have because Im unable to check if its bad or not Besides I figured I couldnt go wrong buying another sticks of mb to add to the computer Well I got the new ram and I replaced the old ram with it But nothing Still does the same thing I have them both in the orange slots the ones there supposed to be in I have also ran all my Norton scans Spybot scans ran disk clean up and checked to see if I needed to run disk defragmenter but didn t need to Well here are the system specs of the computer Case - Aspire X-Cruise PSU- OCZ Modstream w Mobo - DFI Lanparty Ultra - D CPU - venice Video - Evga gt PCIX RAM - Corsair VS x mb gb H D - Seagate barracuda gb ATA Sony - CD RW Sony - Floppy I would greatly appreciate any help on this issue Its such a great computer Its a shame that its running like this nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Anytime the printer is working, XP slows down quite a bit. In Processes the System is using approx 95%. As soon as the printing finishes the System goes back to 0%.

Is there a setting somewhwere to prevent the printing process from using so many resources ?

Abit KT7A R motherboard
Printer is an HP 720C
CPU - AMD 1800+
640 meg of PC133 Ram

Thanks

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello. Everytime i do something more intensive with my pc ( like do a virus scan, unzip a file, download 4-5 files using a download manager, or just alt+tab out of a game) my PC slows down. it takes 1min to minimize a window, or to start mozilla. This would be normal if my RAM would be full and my CPU at almost 100%, but it does that even if i got 1GB of free RAM, and my CPU is at 50% (dual core).
Any ideas on what's wrong, or is that just normal?

A:win7 slows down

This and your other thread seems to indicate a problem within Windows.
Please post this info for starters:

Quote:

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type "msinfo32 /nfo C:\Users\Public\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to the C:\Users\Public\Desktop directory to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-slows-down-452664.html