Windows Support Forum

Access Denied: Please Login with Admin. Privileges

Q: Access Denied: Please Login with Admin. Privileges

I recently bought The Sims Deluxe Edition, it installed fine, but when I try to run it I get the message "Access Denied: Please Login with Administrator privileges and try again"
I run Windows XP .. I Am logged in with admin privileges..I tried creating a new user with admin privileges also, but it still gives the same message.
Any ideas??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Access Denied: Please Login with Admin. Privileges

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 96.32%

Hey guys here's the deal I upgraded my OS a few months ago to bit with new components etc I kept all of the old system files and folders JUST for if it went wrong Admin Login? Access on Denied now ive sorted them all out the old system files and adobe is locked for some reason I keep trying to change all of the administration but it just jumps straight back to before but hey im in no hurry to change it its only gb of useless copies Its just niggling at me and i would like to get it sorted Access Denied on Admin Login? if theres any other way ie changing the admin account so i can change - everything- as I'm not exactly new with computers been studying them for years Thanks a lot for the assistance in advance guys Looking forward to some suggestions - Also a little off topic if anyones got enough time to add some wisdom to the thread ive just bought a super duper cooler for my CPU as when i run on normal settings on a game I play LotrO the manufacturers fan goes mad and it really gets my goat making a loud whirring sound would I be able to run on High-Ultra with a duel core amd athlon with that fan I have quot Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro Socket CPU Cooler quot it wouldnt make any sound as its made for being quiet and cool very well i suppose the only sign of the strain is artifacts in-game Thanks again

A:Access Denied on Admin Login?

You should right-click the folder, go to properties, click the Security tab, click the Advanced button, click the Owner tab, and then click the edit button. Select your account from the list, click to check the box labeled "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects", and then click the OK button to apply permissions. Exit out of the properties dialog, and (unless you also need to add yourself full control to the permissions on the properties / security tab) you should now be able to delete the folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141668-access-denied-admin-login.html
Relevancy 86%

Ever since my first attempt to convert Win7 to 10, I can't write or delete anything in My Documents, getting message must be administrator. (My personal login is as administrator.) This even happened in Win 7 when I reverted back for a while. Error message asks if I want to save in My Documents instead, and then allows it (outside of my desired sub-directory). However, cannot delete files.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/68629-w10-disallows-admin-privileges-my-login.html
Relevancy 80.84%

WHY, PLEEZE tell me why, Win7 completely ignores the fact that I have Admin Privileges when I try to Stop Services, or do things that require Admin Priv's? I have the restrictions set at ZERO, or (DON'T BOTHER ME WITH MSGS).

A:How To REALLY Access Admin Privileges

You should have a look at the: Windows 7 Tutorials Quick Reference Index

Beginning from the letter "A" you'll find all related to Administrative tools & Administrator account, plus the related tutorials at bottom of each.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339230-how-really-access-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I am experiencing weird issues with my Windows bit Pro installation Some but not all programs won t start giving me a The application was unable to start correctly xc click ok to close the application error It seems user privileges and Access denied issues that xc is linked to some kind of Access denied and user privileges issues access denied issue My Avira antivirus is running as I can see from the system log but the UI won t open for the same error above Windows defender is up and running and reports my system as clear I ve also run some system Access denied and user privileges issues recovery disks eg AVG and they also report my system as clear from viruses MBR has been checked as well When I start Chrome or Internet Explorer they flick into view for less than a second then disappear without any error or message When I try to install or uninstall software eg Avira I get all kind of access denied Access denied and user privileges issues errors Uninstalling gives me the following error You do not have sufficient access to uninstall I tried all of the above with a standard account with admin privileges I ve also enabled the hidden Administrator account net user administrator active yes and I still get the same errors even logging in with that account I really run out of options now Please please help I don t want to format my PC

A:Access denied and user privileges issues

this sounds like a c++ coding error of some sort.
Try applying these.
Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/173714-access-denied-user-privileges-issues.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,
I am currently running W7 Ultimate 64 Bit with Norton 2011 and Comodo 5.????. I noticed I didn't have a site advisor on FF. So I installed McAfee. It seems to react after a file is downloaded and everything even Windows Gadgets are unsafe and must be blocked. I downloaded Norton Safe Web Lite to replace it. It downloaded in priviledged account (standard). It won't let me run or delete it saying I don't have permission or privilege to do so. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
glennc

A:Can't Access file for deletion with Admin Privileges

Decide on which antivirus program you want to use... You look like you have 3 installed.. That is 2 too many ... I would also uninstall Norton Safe Web Lite... If you are still having problems uninstalling a file, boot into safe mode and delete the file...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118106-cant-access-file-deletion-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm going to let a technician have my Windows 7 64bit PC in order to do clone the HDD to a SSD and then replace the HDD with the SSD. I think the techn wants an admin level account. I am concerned that (s)he not gain access to confidential files etc that would be available to me were I logged in. Is there a way to let the tech have admin access (s)he wants w/o having to be concerned about the privacy of the info on it? Can you create an admin level account which deprives its user from gaining access to files on a certain directory under c:\users

A:granting another user access to an account with 'admin' privileges

Acerman why don't you clone the drive yourself it is really not that hard with Macrium Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

See my pic it shows the process but remember the drive you clone to has to be as large or larger than the drive you are cloning from.

There is a way of dragging and dropping the partitions into a smaller drive but it is not reliable enough for me.

The alternative is to image your drive slip a new one in - install the system using this
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and then use the image to get back your data. As you seem to be concerned that you have data that you do not want to be copied or whatever. That is so easy if you know how and I can and I am not a techie so the shop bloke would be more than capable of doing that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346184-granting-another-user-access-account-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok it is day of me trying to fix this problem and I can't seem to find a fix anywhere Here is the problem I have windows bit and after I had a virus crash my hard drive and having to reinstall windows completly last week now I have another problem Everytime I try to Denied I and Access as admin it run run any defrag it say access denied I try to open my C drive and it says there is nothing there or unable to read file It wont let me restore anything run a scan on anything Basiclly any admin things I can't do even though I am the admin have checked and recheck changed peramiters checked all users and nothin When I try and open command promt by right clicking to run as admin I get windows can not access C windows system cmd exe and says there might be and error in the network I click on the diagnose it say there is an error and Access Denied and I run it as admin can't run it I have tried everything I can think of and am ready to throw my computer away I also can't stream movies from netflix anymore something wroong with silverlight I can't scan my recovery D drive either HELP PLEASE I need my computer for school and our lectures are in video's and I can't watch them This all happened after downloading windows live back into my computer so I uninstalled it Now though it wont let me change anything else BOOOO I have had more problems with windows and wish that I never up graded it

A:Access Denied and I run it as admin

Rkill
Note: If your security software warns about Rkill, ignore & allow the download to continue.
Download RKill by Grinler from Here & save it to your Desktop.
Alternate download links:
Two
Three
FourDouble click Rkill to run it
A command window will open then disappear upon completion, this is normalIf this does not happen... delete the file, then download & use the next link provided
If it does not work, repeat the process & attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs

Do not reboot your machine until asked to do so. If no version of Rkill would run, please let me know
When finished, Notepad will open with a log file, automatically saved at C:\rkill.log
Copy/paste the contents of the rkill.log file in your next reply
Leave Rkill on the Desktop unless instructed otherwise

Quote:
Note: If you get an alert that Rkill is infected, ignore it. The alert is a fake warning given by rogue software, trying to "protect" itself from being terminated or removed. If you see such a warning, leave the warning on the screen, then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this sometimes allows you to bypass the malware's attempt to protect itself, so that Rkill can perform its routine.

========================================

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to a convenient location.Right click on mbam-setup.exe and select Run as administrator
Before clicking the Finish button, make sure that these 2 boxes are checked (ticked):Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now check for updates. If your firewall prompts, please allow it. If you can't update it, select the Update tab. Under Update Mirror, select one of the websites and click on Check for Updates.
Select the Scanner tab. Click on Perform full scan, then click on Scan.
Leave the default options as it is and click on Start Scan.
When done, you will be prompted. Click OK, then click on Show Results.
Check (tick) all items except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
After it has removed the items, Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply. You can also find the log in the Logs tab. The bottom most log is the latest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164718-access-denied-i-run-admin.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have been setting up my new PC for a few days, but I am running into all sorts of folders that I do not have access to (I am the dmin, only on other user). I can't get into My Pictures, I can't get into the User Accounts folders to find my Outlook folder, etc. Can I turn that off?

A:I am the Admin and my access is denied

Hello NootDoot,

I to ran into the same problem with Win7/64-Bit system I bought two months ago.
I turned off the UAC (security section in Control Panel) then you have to reboot. However, it is for your safety. Please investigate what clearances you have set, i.e., who can access what? I turned mine back on after making sure I had all rights. This too is confusing, took me a while. Use the Help section for Security and get your answers there.

I am sure very experienced members of this forum will be posting advice shortly as well.

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47037-i-am-admin-my-access-denied.html
Relevancy 73.1%

All my files in "My Documents" are locked, and whenever I try to get into them it says "Access is Denied," plus I can't even delete it. I had to do the Windows Complete System Restore a few months ago and ever since then I can't open my personal "My Documents" files anymore. It has been like this for awhile, but I have lived with it, but I have had enough of this folder.

Any Appz I can use to fix this or any hackers that want to help me?

A:Access is Denied? I'm the admin! HELP!

http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-is-denied-im-the-admin-help-77462.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone please can anyone help me urgently i have win home premium bit n while trying to change the security options for other users deny access to them i also did it for another user who is also an admin like me and now i cant access my folder in my d drive every time i open it i get a dialog box saying you have been denied access to the folder - to gain access use Desperate..Plz Help..Admin Denied Access security tab so i go Desperate..Plz Help..Admin Access Denied to the security tab press edit and the administrators got a tick next to allow but it is all greyed out so i cant untick tick anything i do the same thing as another admin user but this time i can go to adding a user to have permission by pressing the advance tab and selecting the user but when i press ok and go into the same problem arises anyone please please please help me im desperate as this d drive has all my work in it quot nbsp

A:Desperate..Plz Help..Admin Access Denied

Can you add yourself as admin with full control for that folder in question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desperate-plz-help-admin-access-denied.980719/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello everyone please can anyone help me urgently i have win home premium bit n while trying to change the security options for other users deny access to them i also did it for another user who is also an admin like me and now i cant access my folder in my d drive every time i open it i get a dialog Access Desperate..Plz Help..Admin Denied box saying you have been denied access to the folder - to gain access use security tab so i go to the security tab press edit and the administrators got a tick next to allow but it is all greyed out so i cant untick tick anything i do the same thing as another admin user but this time Desperate..Plz Help..Admin Access Denied i can go to adding a user to have permission by pressing the advance tab and selecting the user but when i press ok and go into the same problem arises anyone please please please help me im desperate as this d drive has all my work in it

A:Desperate..Plz Help..Admin Access Denied

I'd give either cacls or Icacls a try. Just make sure you open the command prompt as an administrator.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144539-desperate-plz-help-admin-access-denied.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Omg my comp is so screwy First thing I noticed was that my help and support didn't work but i managed to reinstall some dll's and fixed it on Access Denied Admin Account! My system restore doesn't work It just says windows can not find lt link tree gt please type in name correctly and try again I could not fix that one Then I changed my SID with a SID generator to use a program Then after that my sister can not access her files in her account ne more It just said access denied as soon as she logs in Only recycle bin is on the desktop Wallpaper reverted to original All her icons on desktop is gone I tried accessing her account through my own whcih has full admin priviledges but i got denied btw i also get denied looking at d and e drives sometimes I tried making a new admin account but that one couldnt access my sisters account also Then I read somewhere I should go Access Denied on Admin Account! into safe mode and make a new admin account But when I tried I couldnt even load into safe mode My comp loaded a bunch of what I assumed to be files or processes or sumthing and then restarted saying it failed to load So now I had to load in normal mode and create an account here and type all this HELP ME I AM CRYING

Relevancy 72.24%

ADMIN access denied ACL not cooperative -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Running XP Media Center W SP ver Unable to copy a specific Cooperative Admin Denied Access Not Acl file to another computer or to another folder within the same computer File attrbutes do not indicate read-only or hidden Encryption details show one of my old usernames for transparant access When I try to add the ADMINISTRATOR for transparant access the FIND USER button is greyed out System has been locking up on me and have determined malware is not a player Decided to go ahead and reformat Currently backing up files to keep prior to format but a few are giving me a problem So I can copy a few files Logged in as ADMINISTRATOR and get ACCESS IS DENIED I can DELETE but not COPY I can move it to another folder on my computer but still cannot copy or move to another computer afterwards Tried cacls xxxxx F and did nothing Tried modifying ACL ADMINISTRATOR has ---full control permissions ---effective permissions are all checked ---changed owner to ADMINISTRATOR Still no go What are my options here Thanks

A:Admin Access Denied Acl Not Cooperative

Are these encrypted files? If so, I don't think they can be treated like other files.ACL = Access Control List.http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.co...i213757,00.htmlIf the files are not encrypted, taking ownership should give you the ability to maneuver them, How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123985/admin-access-denied-acl-not-cooperative/
Relevancy 72.24%

Running XP Media Center W/ SP2 ver:2002

Unable to copy a specific file to another computer or to another folder within the same computer.

File attrbutes do not indicate read-only or hidden.

Encryption details show one of my old usernames for transparant access.
When I try to add the ADMINISTRATOR for transparant access the FIND USER button is greyed out.

Logged in as ADMINISTRATOR and get ACCESS IS DENIED. I can DELETE but not COPY. I can move it to another folder on my computer but still cannot copy or move to another computer afterwards.

Tried cacls xxxxx /F and did nothing

Tried modifying ACL.

ADMINISTRATOR has:
---full control permissions
---effective permissions are all checked
---changed owner to ADMINISTRATOR

Still no go.

I may have an encryption issue?

What are my options here?

Thanks

A:ADMIN access denied ACL not cooperative

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

I am assuming you run xp

This article describes how to take ownership of a file or a folder where you have been denied access.

Note You must be logged on to the computer with an account that has administrative credentials. If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.
joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-access-denied-acl-not-cooperative.667665/
Relevancy 72.24%

Running windows 7 and attempted to change startup through msconfig and received an access denied you are not a security admin message , but I am a security admin

A:access denied - not a security admin

Try going into Cotnrol Panel > User Account > Change User Account Control settings and set the slider to the top. This should reset UAC so that everything requiring UAC to act normally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-not-a-security-admin.1083937/
Relevancy 72.24%

i'm running vista home premium w/ svc pack 1 on a dell dxp061 1.8 ghz processor, 1g ram, 220g hard drive approx 20% full. I've activated the administrator account through the "c:\" prompt, logged in as the administrator, disabled macafee, downloaded combofix to the administrator desktop, ran it as an administrator and continue to receive the "must have administrator priviledge to run tool" message. Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376385/admin-access-denied-for-combofix/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi There I am trying to troubleshoot a windows Sony Vaio laptop I am not sure exactly what has happened but I cannot run anything on it For example when I open My Computer and the C I get quot C is not Accessible access denied quot I can open cmd prompt but if I try to run as administrator I get and error saying cannot access The same for any admin program compmgmt MMC msconfig but it says windows cannot access this file I cant event run Task manager and cant check event viewer or anything I have tired a automatic repair but it Diagnosis the PC but returns that it cant be repaired I also tried Repair and the same occurs I also tried give administrators ownership of the C as it says quot Unable to display current owner quot but this will not allow ownership to change on pagefile sys hiberfil sys and swapfile sys along with a mcafee install I think it is the ownership error that is causing this but cant seem to solve Can anyone assist Admin run Cannot C:\ on Access any programs, Denied I am pulling my hair out Thanks

A:Cannot run any Admin programs, Access Denied on C:\

I don't have a solution but I found a page with similar issues that may shed some light:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d14731ec-4f0e-4ef8-9aac-028dd7104e0e/file-permissions-in-windows-7-take-ownership-reports-success-but-i-cant-access-my-files?forum=w7itprosecurity

Edit: By the way, it is noted on the utility that takes ownership via a Context Menu command, not to take ownership of C: in its entirety. You can do things like take ownership of C:\Program Files folder, if you are the only user on the system. But taking ownership of the entire C:\ partition causes problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61137-cannot-run-any-admin-programs-access-denied-c.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Omg my comp is so screwy First thing I noticed was that my help and support ACOUNT?! ADMIN on Denied Access didn t work but i managed to reinstall some dll s and fixed it My system restore doesn t work It just says windows can not find lt link tree gt please type in name correctly and try again I could not fix that one Then I changed my SID with a SID generator to use a program Then after that my sister can not access her files in her account ne more It just said Access Denied on ADMIN ACOUNT?! access denied as soon as she logs in Only recycle bin is on the desktop Wallpaper reverted to original All her icons on desktop is gone I tried accessing her account through my own whcih has full admin priviledges but i got denied btw i also get denied looking at d and e drives sometimes I tried making a new admin account but that one couldnt access my sisters account also Then I read somewhere I should go into safe mode and make a new admin account But when I tried I couldnt even load into safe mode My comp loaded a bunch of what I assumed to be files or processes or sumthing and then restarted saying it Access Denied on ADMIN ACOUNT?! failed to load So now I had to load in normal mode and create an account here and type all this HELP ME I AM CRYING nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I posted this on Answers microsoft but was told that this issue is a bit more complex than usual so here it goes I'm having an issue where I can't access my regular account Complex denied: access Admin which has full admin rights At first I was having an issue where I could access this account but I didn't have access to C drive I went to the forums and followed the Net User Administrator Active yes instructions the Admin emerged but then it asked for a password I tried my regular account password and nothing Then I tried to log back into my regular account with my password and it's not working anymore I can't log into safe mode or anything I get some message that says quot Windows cannot connect to SENS network Admin access denied: Complex quot I only have access to guest account which has little control What do I do I really need help if there is anyone who can help I'd appreciate it Q P S I'm really trying to avoid a complete system restore repair because all my school work is in that account and I'll be screwed

A:Admin access denied: Complex

Flush your DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file.

Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.
@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop. Right click to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

Next, download DDS from one of these links:
Mirror 1 Mirror 2 Mirror 3
Disable any script blocking protection Double click the dds icon to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txt <--this will be minimized in the task traySave both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next reply.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/287108-admin-access-denied-complex.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My brother lives in Australia and he has a work computer. They must have him as a regular user with out admin permission. He is trying to download skype, msn IM without any luck. It says he must be part of the admin group, access denied. Is there anyway to change the permissions to download these programs and then change back once done. I don't want to get him in trouble, but It sucks that we can't talk on skype. Any ideas.

Relevancy 71.38%

So I've been recently having issues with permissions or something related to it I first noticed it when I would always get this security prompt when attempting to open a shortcut to Teamspeak Now I'm just trying to install a program and Admin Denied account while using Access 5: Error it's saying that I don't have rights to the Local Temp folder Obviously the first Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account thing I checked what whether or not my account was still an administrator Check Then I made sure UAC was turned off Check Then I went ahead and attempted Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account to give myself Full Access permissions to the entire C drive Then I get these Access Denied errors using Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account this process and I have no idea why Which also says the same thing about Program Files It did allow me to take ownership of the drive s though Of course I attempted to Google the issue and tried many methods including several from these forums Error applying security http www sevenforums com tutorials rmissions html I don't know what else to try thus why I'm here Thanks

A:Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account

I was able to resolve the File Security prompt for opening shortcuts (i.e. Teamspeak 3) by enabling 'Launching applications and unsafe files' in Internet Options. BUT I'm still getting the permissions error and cannot give myself full access!

I've also noticed that there are about three updates that I cannot install. I'm sure this has to do with my permissions issue as well. If any of you are wondering my OS is installed on my primary SSD (C:\) which is one of the drives I'm trying to alter. The other drives seemed to work fairly OK with a few minor issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/273283-error-5-access-denied-while-using-admin-account.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So I've been trying to modify my hosts file for a while now. On and off because I was fed up with searching and trying different things then always ending up failing.
So that is why I am posting on this forum, asking for help from you guys.

So far I have tried:
Unchecking Read-Only for the file and the 'etc' folder
Opening Notepad as administrator
Taking ownership
Activating the 'Hidden Admin Account'
Made sure I had all the right permissions for the file (right click 'hosts', properties, security, etc.)

I might or might not have forgotten something. Also, there is only one account on my laptop and it is me. And I am the admin.

Thank your for reading.

A:Hosts: always Access Denied or asking for Admin permissions

I was able to do it through notepad running as an administrator... What happened when you tried? Can you upload a screenshot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200740-hosts-always-access-denied-asking-admin-permissions.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I am running windows ultimate and I have only one account admin I have no trouble installing programs running programs or copying files from different locations on my hard drive but if denied access admin - rights? Limited I try to save a file in a program I get the message that I do not have permission to save in that location and Limited admin rights? - access denied that I have to contact the administrator to get permisson - but am Limited admin rights? - access denied I not the administrator E g I tried to save a document from word but couldn't - I could only save it in my Documents folder In some locations I got the message that the client didn't have the neccesary rights to save the file in that location I'm using danish language pack so one of the pictures might not make much sense but I've attached both messages anyway - the danish message says C test docx The client is missing a neccesary right I haven't had this problem all the time since I installed windows ultimate as far as I recall so might be an update or something that is causing the problem I don't know I have read some threads concerning admin rights but haven't found anything that got rid of the problem so hope someone can help me It is very frustrating not being able to save documents etc

A:Limited admin rights? - access denied

Hi jmj

This is windows Default location, Doc's to My doc's, Pic's to My Pictures, Video's to My Video's

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/44539-limited-admin-rights-access-denied.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello!
I've a card printer with a usb card programmer.
When I'm logged in as an Administrator everything works well, but when I'm logged in as a regular user the printer prints but holds the card when it comes to the programmer.

We have a GP saying that write/read access to removable disks is disabled but do you think this will also interupt with the programmer?

//BR
Patrik

(Computer running Windows 7 Enterprise)

A:USB Device (Card programmer) - Access Denied when not Admin

Does the software in question that controls the card programmer pop up a UAC prompt on the admin account?
Do you have uac enabled or disabled?
Does the program require admin rights?
Does creating another standard user account experience the same issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328474-usb-device-card-programmer-access-denied-when-not-admin.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I have encountered a rather odd problem that didn't turn up in forum search System Win Home Premium -bit fresh install updates with AVG Free and Google Chrome as only other installs I have had users both with admin rights One was my 'main' user that I was using just to learn Win and surf a l'il The other was completely new Created logged into back off then not touched again For the first few days had no problems and was really liking Win However today after logging off main user I had just run a full clean scan with AVG btw and switching to the fresh one IMMEDIATELY after entering my log-in password I received a UAC prompt telling me that denied Account(admin access log-in upon IMMEDIATELY all rights) this user does not have access to this folder The background was replaced with a black screen the taskbar icons were replaced with the standard quot new file quot icon and did not function no surprise there I opened Windows Explorer using quot Start gt Computer quot Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in and again was immediately told I had no access Gave myself permission and attempted to investigate I could not view open any folder without giving myself permission first Having no success determining the problem I decided to simply log off and delete this account Performed a full delete folders and all Then I created a new account with admin rights Logged into it without incident Logged back onto main user and opened Windows Explorer The user folder from the original nd account remained and I was denied when trying to delete Probing into it I found a Windows Media Player database file under User AppData Local Microsoft Media Player I was told this file was in use by another program and I could not delete it I did not have any programs other than Explorer running on any user at the time I remembered that I had tried to open a stock music file in Explorer under the main account earlier WMP had opened and started its quot First Use quot spiel I had chosen custom settings then I believe that I had closed WMP after the file extension association dialog opened without confirming the associations as I did not want to use WMP for anything At this point I had continued doing other things without problem Eventually when I switched users this whole mess started Remembering the WMP stuff I again opened a stock music file still on main account WMP ran its setup routine again and I allowed it to associate and run I closed WMP browsed to the old user folder in Explorer and deleted it without problem I have tried unsuccessfully to replicate this event by creating new test users and shortcutting the WMP quot First Use quot setup again on each of them So I cannot be certain that this is what caused my problem nor that it will not happen again Any ideas Deeply Appreciative Win BlankUser

A:Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in

Does Safe Mode function normally?
That is to say if you boot in safe mode are you able to perform basic functions and use the system to some extent?

If this is not a registry or av/security related problem the easiest fix would likely be SFC
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Some more specific detail of the nature of the problem and less of what you have done may be of assistance too.
If this is a problem with admin priveldges you are honestly probably better off doing a repair install
Repair Install
Than digging around trying to find the one setting responsible for the problem.
Component services and other various admin tools can get down right annoying to work with and can cause further problems if the least bit thing is set wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192398-account-admin-rights-denied-all-access-immediately-upon-log.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I have an external drive which I'm trying to reuse as a storage only medium It's a usb drive on which at one point I managed to install access delete denied safe in when files I mode admin a limited version of windows xp to run on my first netbook which access denied when I delete files in safe mode admin I no longer use I have put other stuff access denied when I delete files in safe mode admin on the drive so I don't want to format it but there are two files I can't get rid of They are macromedia flash files ocx and exe I tried taking ownership running cmd adminstrator going into safe mode with command prompt and running admin powershell I can see the attributes - A and R but I can't change them I've also tried deleting them via filemenutools delete locked files but that does not help me either I want them gone can anyone access denied when I delete files in safe mode admin help me I've read one other post where the OP had the same problem but his problem was solved because his antivirus program eventually decided his file was a virus and got rid of it So it is possible but I can't find what to do I guess it's not a big thing but it bothers me that I'm not able to remove these files no matter what I do Help would be appreciated

A:access denied when I delete files in safe mode admin

I would just reformat it personally. Start from a clean slate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81791-access-denied-when-i-delete-files-safe-mode-admin.html
Relevancy 70.09%

When I try to install a new printer driver, or change an existing driver, I'm getting "Cannot install Printer.  Access is denied".  There is no GPO applied to this machine, it's a member of a workgroup.  The Package Point and Print
GPO setting was set to disabled just in case.
The user in question is part of the Administrators group, but just to be safe, I logged on as administrator and got the same message. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a366c693-06b0-4e51-8b03-dd62f1244805/cannot-install-or-update-printer-driver-as-admin-0-access-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 70.09%

Please help! A little info to get this issue resolved: using an administrator account, Windows 7, 64Bit. Approx. 6 laptops connected together with a RAID and printer that needs sharing capabilites, no internet connectivity allowed. When I select the printer
properties or any part of this printer I get an "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access denied". I have tried to become the owner and again I get an error message. I am not able to remove device ether. Please let me know if there is any
other information that I need to add to get some help with this issue. i cant find much help online.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/274ed1b4-a704-4f53-97ba-2773f02b6c7a/error-0x00000005-access-is-denied-for-printer-using-admin-account?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 69.23%

Morning!
Dell Vostro 1400
Not sure what version  of XP PRO ( friend installed years ago, doesnt have disc anymore so thats NOT an option)

I Can no longer use hotspots on work network...dusting off old personal PC
Havent used in at least 2 years b/c I used work computer...
Can't remenber bleepin password!!!
Tried to remember
tried F8, Safe mode but admin option won't show up
Typed in admin and left password blank
Work comp won't let me run/burn password recovery/chang files...boo (I was really hoping for this one)
Tried cont, alt, delete twice at welcome screen (assuming screen is black with windows symbol)
I've looked at many many forums in the last 24 hrs. Is there anything I can do in safe mode with command prompt....anything...Not a professional tech obviously but I'm comfortable trying anything.       
HELP! Really don't want to pay money to recover it...who does?
Sincerely,
FRUSTRATED TEACHER

A:TRIED EVERYTHING! Cannot access admin login

Typed in admin and left password blank

Administrator not admin. Unless that's what you meant.

Tried cont, alt, delete twice at welcome screen (assuming screen is black with windows symbol)

Screen is not black with Windows logo. That's when it's in the boot process. The welcome screen looks like this...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504703/tried-everything-cannot-access-admin-login/
Relevancy 69.23%

hi all,
i have a msi wind notebook with vista and i can't access my account because it says the password is incorrect (altough i'm pretty sure it's not anyway). i know we can set the admin account to be shown on the login screen but it requires access to the computer .. is there a way to get access to it directly from the login screen ...

please i need your help ...

A:Can't access the admin login

Originally Posted by Calen

hi all,
i have a msi wind notebook with vista and i can't access my account because it says the password is incorrect (altough i'm pretty sure it's not anyway). i know we can set the admin account to be shown on the login screen but it requires access to the computer .. is there a way to get access to it directly from the login screen ...

please i need your help ...

if you can get to a CMD prompt ( hit F8 while booting ) type in:
net user administrator /active:yes

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230300-cant-access-admin-login.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Ran into an odd issue last night that I cannot fully understand. I will keep it short, but the basic jist is: I was trying to rename a local profile to [username].old so when they logged back into the domain, it rebuilt from scratch. However, even logged in as local admin to the PC, I kept getting access denied. At one point, I was getting a NTUSER error when trying to rename.

Was trying to rename through backdoor [\\[pcname]\c$, then going to doc&settings] as well as simply going to the C drive locally, no dice.

Tried rebooting twice, still no dice. This PC is in, what my job considers, a high security sec group, so maybe the GPOs being applied to the PC as it connects to the domain is tying up the local profiles?

A:[SOLVED] access denied to rename local profile, logged as admin

nm, just asked a coworker. says a reboot will usually kill anything tying up the profiles, if not, he uses a tool called LockHunter to find out what is accessing the profile and kills it from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-to-rename-local-profile-logged-as-admin-628994.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I was recently at my friend s business and they have a really scary scenario First they are setup in a workgroup not domain on XP They share files not only through explorer but through programs like Quicken Word etc Normally there are users on their businesses wireless network sharing files such as financial data personal information and other extremely confidential stuff Recently as an effect of the hurricane they had many students move into the location since they were all displaced There are now different users connected wirelessly and they are all capable Denied? desperate need help In security. for Shares on Access mapped, Hidden admin of viewing modifying Hidden Shares mapped, Access Denied? In desperate need for admin help on security. deleting this confidential information I suggested encrypting the wireless network blocking off access to the students but they have had threats from students saying they will leave if they can t get online to do their studies The company can t really afford that and have already had some people reset the router physically Still that wouldn t solve the serious security issue here I thought about creating password protected folders but for some reason I can t set that up in their XP I am capable of making a hidden share after turning off simple file sharing but whenever I mapped it on the other computers and tried to access it I got the quot Access Denied quot However regular shares such as the information we re trying to secure from everyone else opens up fine There must be some way to totally secure this financial data and student information even grades because as it goes right now every single student has the capability of viewing modifying and deleting it I thought about adding another wireless router behind the current wireless router and placing only them on the second router but I m not sure how secure that would be I planned on going there after I get out of school to help them out and they even gave me the go ahead to get them any parts if necessary Any suggestions This is really bothering me I would appreciate the help nbsp

A:Hidden Shares mapped, Access Denied? In desperate need for admin help on security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hidden-shares-mapped-access-denied-in-desperate-need-for-admin-help-on-security.442576/
Relevancy 68.37%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi.

The main (and only account) I have been using since the first beta came out had administrator privileges.

Today when I booted up I noticed that my account could no longer do things that are associated with an admin account, such as installing certain programs and writing to certain folders.

I created another account with admin rights and that account has the exact same problem. I tried removing the admin status on my account and putting it back on but that did not work.

Anyone else have this problem or have any advice on how to get my account seen as an admin account?

A:Admin acount no longer has admin privileges?

Hello iroden.

Check out my recent other post for a similar matter
NewSID.exe HELP!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4912-admin-acount-no-longer-has-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I installed a few programs last night and I lost all my admin privileges I m using an account that has admin rights and yet these happened - run button in the lost account admin privileges! Admin start menu has disappeared Admin account lost admin privileges! - turn off button has also disappeared I can only log off - I cannot run the task manager when I press ctrl-alt-del - some sys tray applications stopped being started up with the windows skype msn messenger icq adobe lightroom daemontools - when I load Adobe Photoshop CS I get this message that says quot You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have administrator privileges quot - I m sure there re more things waiting to be discovered But the thing is my account has admin status I ve run adaware to clear out all spyware already I m attaching a HijackThis log can anyone help see what s wrong Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe E Win UTILIT MICROS rapimgr exe E Win Utilities NOD nod krn exe E Win Internet Tools Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe E Win Internet Tools eMule emule exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe E Win Utilities HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Win Utilities Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG - quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY -C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A -C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck -C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ICQ Lite - quot E Win Internet Tools ICQLite ICQLite exe quot -minimize O - HKLM Run BigDog -C WINDOWS VM STI EXE VIMICRO USB PC Camera ZC O - HKLM Run Phase One Media Reader -E Win Graphics CAPTUR DCIMImp exe noscan CheckAutoStart O - HKLM Run CTHelper -CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp -CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched - quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader - quot E Win Graphics Lightroom apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run nod kui - quot E Win Utilities NOD nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr - quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS - quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot E Win Utilities Microsoft Activesync wcescomm exe quot O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - Global Startup Launchy lnk E Win Utilities Launchy Launchy exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res E Win Internet Tools ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - E Win UTILIT MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

So for the second time this month a Windows Update has basically killed my machine As I was going to bed at GMT WindowsUpdate started an auto-install and rebooted my as made admin act available? Admin no privileges WinUpdate machine As I logged into the Admin-level account normally it appears to stop loading any of my programs - firewall AV email everything Volume appears and that's it I click my browser icon on the jump bar and it popsup an alert box that says quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item WinUpdate made Admin act as no admin privileges available? quot I get this on everything command prompt window Games on non-boot drive Windows utilities programs themselves Funnily enough although quot Run as Admin quot on my browsers doesn't work using the quot Run Safer quot option through my OnlineArmor firewall program guard does allow a browser to run But not anything else And not as with Admin Privileges Bloody annoying I can't uninstall anything quot Last Known Good Configuration quot and quot Safe Mode quot does nothing for this problem There's no way to access quot System Restore quot so even if there is a restore point which there should be - I made one after reinstalling at beginning of the month the last time this happened I can't use it The quot Shut Down quot button on the Start Menu constantly tells me to click it for the update process again times or so and it's still there I can access My Computer through Start Menu and move files around What in blazes is happening And why twice after a Windows Update that I cannot defer or block P GHz GB Dual-Channel PC- RAM ATI HD MB GPU Win Ultimate -bit EmsiSoft's OnlineArmor firewall Avast Anti-Virus

A:WinUpdate made Admin act as no admin privileges available?

Addendum :

Managed to create a new Admin-level user.
No go. Same problem. Will not run anything - not enough permissions?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/214648-winupdate-made-admin-act-no-admin-privileges-available.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been fighting malware for a few weeks now and just when i seem to have it under control, things come crashing down. Most recently, I sign in to windows with user name and password but it does not appear on the start menu and my access to many files is constantly denied. I have reset my computer to factory settings once already and I am running out of ideas. It just took out my premium MalwareBytes software and I am getting worried,

Please help!!
--HouBam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606525/login-name-not-appearing-on-start-menu-access-denied/
Relevancy 67.94%

Last week I logged into my XP Profile quot Blazer quot and admin access Can't with Solved: even XP login Help! profile the entire screen was frozen I rebooted and the same thing happened Since I didn t have any money to purchase a new antivirus system I ran the free quot House Call quot after logging into my admin profile Unfortunately it did not find any virus Because my Blazer profile has a ton of important documents Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login on it I need a way to access this profile but when I login as admin and click on the Blazer profile in windows explorer it says quot Access is Denied quot I assume Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login some virus has attacked my profile and made it inaccessible My question is Is there a way I can access this profile and copy the contents to another profile Is there another free anti virus software on the net that may be able to Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login clean and fix this issue Thank you very much for any help I m really stuck on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't access XP profile even with admin login

Try taking ownership of the Blazer folder. See this page:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-access-xp-profile-even-with-admin-login.770735/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction?

This my father's PC (my brothers hand me down).

He previously didn't need to login as a user at all, it would go straight to his desktop (wasn't even aware of any username etc).
I set up as an administrator so that I could change a file name, this worked just fine until we wanted to get to his desktop etc. It then asked for a username & password, whatever I try it doesn't want to work.

There is only one other user account listed as well as the administrator, I've tried logging in with this username with and without passwords set up from within administrator account to no avail.
All his files, desktop etc are there when I explore the hard drive as admin.

Any help would be appreciated?

A:unable to login user, I do have admin access

I don't know if this has a bearing? The account doesn't appear in user profiles? Please see attached.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294303-unable-login-user-i-do-have-admin-access.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay, so this starts a few days ago when lighting hit the electric company's cords coming to my home. It destroyed a cable box, a tower, a monitor ,our modem, and our router. We've thankful got everything back up and running with an old laptop that was laying around. Unfortunately , i'm not very well versed in the router world. We bought a brand new NetGear router and it's lovely, however I found something called logs and now i'm terrified that I have some sort of Trojan running rampant on my computer. Please help.
Using:
Windows 8.1
Toshiba Satellite C55D-A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dos-attacks-admin-login-failures-wlan-access.1168299/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello most excellent group My friend across the country got an XP pro box as a gift and I cannot get admin privileges I just wanted to create a new account for him with admin privs but when logged in as administrator the interface is not there to create a new account behaving like a admin has privileges Admin pro no XP acct user account I do not know the history of this PC but I think there have been security restrictions put onto the admin account Is there an easy way to restore the default security policy Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro in XP Or at least a way to remove the restriction on account creation with privs This is a new one on me It s easy to tell me to re-install but he is a fairly inexperienced user who can Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro t handle that and he s miles away Any clues out there I was gonne A B Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro the local users and groups settings with my pc and review security policies too Not sure where to find these controls I just want it to behave like a normal XP pro box admin account

A:Admin acct has no admin privileges XP pro

There should be an admin account with full rights that was created when Windows was installed but it is usually only available when booting into safe mode. When safe mode starts, he should see an admin account and his account. Have him select admin and then go to control panel, user accounts. There he should be able to set up accounts and change the rights on existing accounts

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220507/admin-acct-has-no-admin-privileges-xp-pro/
Relevancy 65.79%

Computer at work does not allow administrator priveleges. System recovery tab also missing. Privileges still not accepted in safe mode. Computer has problems with missing files upon start.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

A:No Admin privileges with Admin accounts.

Your work has most likely blocked administrator privileges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-admin-privileges-with-admin-accounts-166414.html
Relevancy 63.64%

First off I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be since UAC is supposed to be a owner, Access Denied" with as "File admin, Even and !!UAC!! permission security feature !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission of windows I figured the security section would be best My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section OK to the problem Trying to simply copy paste a game dll file from a folder on a virtual iso drive to a folder on my main drive I get the error window titled quot File !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission Access Denied quot with the following quot You need permission to perform this action You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file quot Strange thing is this I also have this same dll file in another folder on my main drive but I get the same message with the permission requirement coming from my own user name Like in the title of my post I have taken ownership of all folders files in question am using the only admin account on this machine and have given my username quot full control quot permissions over said files folders Also for troubleshooting purposes I have disabled UAC completely and still get the error message One !!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission thing I will add that just came to mind which may of some help When I had installed win on this machine I was married and had user account that my wife and i used We split up and she had the computer for a while She changed the computers name and changed the username s When I got it back from her I re-changed the computer name and also the username s to different ones I hope all of this information is useful and thank all in advance for any help extended in my direction FIN

A:!!UAC!! "File Access Denied" Even with admin, as owner, and permission

Best thing to do is a "clean" re-installation.... if the computer is your's now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/288614-uac-file-access-denied-even-admin-owner-permission.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have two windows 7/64 PCs (Home premium) with a homegroup established - can access files either way, but cannot update them. I have tried this with Norton firewall on and off.

I have tried with various file types but all access to save or save-as are denied.
How do I fix this? I thought that Homegroups were supposed to make things easier?

I have attached a screenshot showing the share privileges - can anyone advise on how to overcome this irritation, please?

A:homegroup write privileges denied, w7 x 7

Am finding it difficult in getting an answer to this problem, any experts out there with a suggestion please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/81981-homegroup-write-privileges-denied-w7-x-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the option to click YES. Only the NO button shows up. I checked and it seems that I am logged in as a local account. I tired everything but can't figure out to change the account type or log-in as admin. Only resort is to back up and do a restore PC but even the backup won;t let me go past the UAC.
Any help will be much appreciate.d

A:Need help with Admin privileges

You cannot log in as an real admin. If UAC is not letting you past, there there is something wrong with the software or third party security software you may have installed. Where did you get this software and what is the name of it?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/69221-need-help-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I don't believe I've made any changes so not sure what went wrong. I could make changes and install programs prior.
Any help would be appreciative.
Thanks Dave

A:No Admin privileges.

Since you bought it brand new and it is under warranty, suggest that you take it back for refund or exchange without delay.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41824-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi and thank you in advance for any help you can give me I am running privileges re: Help admin Vista Help re: admin privileges Home Premium Service Pack Most recently I tried to run some online scans HouseCall and BitDefender Housecall did not complete and BitDefender says I don't have admin privileges I do I thought I am the only user on my pc and I have two profiles--one with admin privileges and one without which I usually use to surf the web When I use HiJack I am told my system denied write access to my hosts file even after I followed the directions regarding deleting the host it showed originally Since doing that a hosts file shows up in the notepad but not in the app where I can fix it Maybe it's actually okay I don't know I use CCleaner regularly I have AVAST Again thank you for your time Let me know if you need any more information I realize there are probably other things wrong but this is what I have noticed

A:Help re: admin privileges

I think you might run your browswer as admin in order to be able to complete those online scans successfully. Have you tried that yet?
Have you run HiJack This as admin?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248091/help-re-admin-privileges/
Relevancy 63.21%

I was trying to install a video game called Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst on my computer. It couldn't install 2 executable's saying access was denied. I have it installed on my win7 laptop so I thought I would just copy the files. Once it got near the end it said I need administrative privileges for the exact same 2 files. I tried doing the "Take Ownership" but that didnt do anything. All my PC info is in my profile, and if you need any more info just ask.

Thanks in advance,
Keith

PS. Added picture of me trying to extract 2 DIFFERENT executables from Winrar (files completely unrelated to the video game)

A:Saying I don't have admin privileges...

If you are running as admin, right click on the .exe and select run as admin. If that doesn't work, select troubleshoot compatibility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/65467-saying-i-dont-have-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 63.21%

On my personal computer my account is the Administrator but whenever I attempt to update windows or check for updates, it only says that "Some settings are managed by your system administrator", and it keeps me from changing the setting, I have
tried running the control panel as administrator but the same thing keeps appearing. Can someone please help me I am running on Windows 8.1. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d625b61-0836-4ad7-acb3-3430bd67ca0e/admin-privileges?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.21%

I already looked for an answer over at sourceforge to no avail When i right click on a file and select extract here under -zip's context menu I get an error saying I need elevated privileges I have already set zip file manager and zips CLI and set them both to use admin privilges in compatibility mode I think the error privileges? admin 7-zip is in shell and shellex context handlers of windows I am using an admin account I have looked through the registry values at and through all -zip entries I don't know what the error could be besides file and folder permissions does anyone know how to solve this or have any suggestions I think i might have to look through HKCR gt gt some more though I've only checked the HKCR gt 7-zip admin privileges? gt I'm not as familiar with that hive Things I've tried -Looked through of HKCU gt gt software gt gt Microsoft gt gt windows gt gt cur ver gt gt policies gt gt explorer -Looked through permissions and entries -zip reg entries -Uninstalled and reinstalled -Changed ownership of -zip and all child object to myself -Checked privilges of user account -

A:7-zip admin privileges?

Here are the steps to modify ownership and permissions of folders and files:
  1.       Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
  2.       Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
  3.       Click Edit, and then do one of the following:
 ·         To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, inEnter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.
  ·         To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.
  4.       If you want to take ownership of the contents of the folder, select the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.
  5.       Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
          You do not have permission to read the contents of directory folder name. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control?
          All permissions will be replaced if you click Yes.Note folder name is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of.
  6.       Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and its contents.
  Additional considerations
   ·         An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.
   ·         Assigning ownership of a file or a folder might require you to elevate your permissions using User Access Control.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/how-do-i-change-folder-and-file-permissions/465f2b42-63dd-4486-8dd1-c870290efeed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499232/7-zip-admin-privileges/
Relevancy 63.21%

Although I bought this computer new w/ XP installed and set up the original user accounts and have been able to add/remove accounts, I have had reason to wonder if I am recoginzed and the adminstrator.

I don't tend to interface with the computer at the OS level very often. I am trying to install some software that tells me that I need admin privileges and I'm having trouble installing the software, making me wonder if this might be the problem

Where do I even look for that kind of thing?

Relevancy 63.21%

hi im trying to copy and paste a file but when i try and paste it i get the you need admin privileges but i am the admin, i have turned off the UAC and ive done the take ownership thing, in fact i think i downloaded something so ive always got the take ownership option in the folder options
but it still wont let me do it, is there a higher level of admin like super admin?

A:admin privileges

Open the security tab after right clicking on file or folder and choosing properties. Give your unique account permission by adding it. You have to actually type it and then check boxes too.

Edit | Add

Then type.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34394-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I got a free computer via a local "Help" disability program (yeah me!) However, things are very different on this system (Win 7) than my old one (I have background from DOS 3.1 - Win XP). I don't know if I'm looking at Win 7 issues or something the computer providers set up (will call when I see replies to this post).

Although I am, as best I can tell, the Admin., several folders are not accessible to me (such as C:\Documents and Settings or C:\Users\All Users).

Do you folks believe that there is an Admin. setting that I fail to see or is it possible that my computer providers made some sort of master Admin. control setting?

Thanks!
Rick

A:Admin. Privileges?

Welcome to the forum.

In Windows 7, Documents and Settings as well as several others in that folder are not real folders, they are Junctions that are there to allow legacy programs to interface to Windows 7's folder structure.

Windows 7 uses C:\Users\*your user name*\Documents and C:\Users\*your user name*\Appdata
(Appdata is a hidden folder) to accomplish what Documents and Settings did in XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284498-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 63.21%

What can cause the Administrator account to be denied access to files? I thought the whole point of the admin account was to have access to all files "just in case" if for no other reason.

The situation (you don't HAVE to read past this point:)

I awoke this morning to a BSoD caused by idechndr.sys. Uninstalling Intel Application Accelerator seems to have solved the problem.

Before that, however, I could only load via Save Mode through the Administrator account (which makes sense), but when I tried accessing the "Documents and Settings" files for my personal account through the Admin, I was denied access. The folder appeared to be empty (but with access denied, that makes sense as well.)

Solving the BSoD fixed this oddity as well (and all of my personal account files/settings were still there.) But how or why would this sort of thing happen?

A:[SOLVED] Curiosity: &quot;Access Denied.&quot; to Admin?

When you are logged in as Admin, you don't always have access to the files under another user account - Administrator is a separate account. It's like you and I sharing a computer, I don't have access to your files and you don't have access to mine. I think you might be able to view the other user's files if both user names aren't password protected, I don't remember off hand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-curiosity-and-quot-access-denied-and-quot-to-admin-601215.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I realise that this problem has already been brought up innumerable times here on the forums, but this was either in different contexts or else was not solved.

I recently installed Panda Free Antivirus, but the installation failed to place the program icon in the Start Menu (the Panda Free Antivirus folder is there, but empty). A subsequent re-installation produced the same results.

I outlined the situation on the Panda forum, and was told to copy the program's .exe file on the desktop, rename it, change its icon, and then place it in the Start Menu, but I cannot open the Panda folder, either in the Start Menu or in Program Data, even though I am the Administrator and only user of this computer. When I try to change or modify ownership etc, I get error messages.

Can someone help me?

A:Administrator Privileges denied when trying to open folder

What happens if you try a ReInstall while in Safe Mode with Networking? You might have to uninstall first, maybe not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370621-administrator-privileges-denied-when-trying-open-folder.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all privileges Denied all permissions after change administrative I've been lurking in this forum for years and generally found it more informative than other Windows forums -- much more so than the Microsoft sponsored Denied all administrative privileges after permissions change sites Yesterday I was trying to solve Denied all administrative privileges after permissions change a problem with massive replication nesting of the Application Data folder and was reading this thread and found it so informative I decided to join the forum Little do I know I would need it two hours later In an effort to stop the replication I changed permissions on C the above article suggested changing permission in application data but I decided to get cute and now I m locked out of all system files Here s some of what I cannot do Can t run regedit exe Can t run cmd exe as administrator Can t even look inside C Can t Denied all administrative privileges after permissions change delete anything I read this tutorial Local Users and Groups but can t open it I tried all three methods I logged-off and back on and it shows me as administrator but I can t access anything I don t see administrator in any of the permission dialogue boxes Even the owner of the computer is listed as trusted installer Here s my User Account screen but I can t do much but it does appear I can change the password I haven t done that yet because I don t want to complicate things Previously I did not have a password set I did System Restore twice but the lock-out remains I was considering a re-install of the OS I was considering doing that anyway to address some of the original replication issues but I m afraid the permissions would stay the same as they did on System Restore If I right-click C and look at security here s what I get From here I cannot click edit and when I click advanced I get this I can t Change Permissions I can select the Effective Permissions tab but it doesn't seem I can change anything Here s the usual denial I get But sometimes when I click it just does nothing I m fairly comfortable with Windows but the convolutions of Permissions are over my head It seems first I need to get administrative privileges back but I haven't been able to do that yet I'm still reading those tutorials Needless to say any help will be appreciated I m running Windows Ultimate

A:Denied all administrative privileges after permissions change

Are you able to create a new user account?
What are your uac settings set to?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320498-denied-all-administrative-privileges-after-permissions-change.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I seem to have lost admin rights/privileges on my account, even though it says i am an admin. I can't use windows update because of the following message. UAC is off.

I created another account and swapped admin privileges to that, and everything was ok, but as soon as i swap the privileges back to my original account, i get various 'this action requires admin rights' etc etc

I'm confused. I don't want to keep logging into another admin account just so i can use windows update.

I've tried this, but it said it couldn't fix all the problems. What can i try next folks?

Cheers

A:Lost Admin Privileges

Just set up a new account. Give yourself privileges for the software in the first account. Make that the new account. The first account is corrupt

You can try this, too.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121417-lost-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 62.78%

one day my grandmother was on the computer i don't know what she was trying to do but she went into the user accounts and family safety tab and revokes all of the admin privileges on the computer there aren't any more admin profiles how do i get the admin privileges back?

A:how do i get admin privileges back

Trying rebooting and hitting the F8 key. Go in to Safe Mode and there should be an administrator account you can use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-get-admin-privileges-back-782617.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I found a note about gaining permanent status as administrator which would save a lot of time since I'm the only one using this PC and it's a bore having to click on continue and continue every time I want to change, move or delete anything.
Can anyone remember this thread and what the title is?
I'd be eternally grateful.
docusk

Relevancy 62.78%

Nice work Microsoft! I just turned on my computer to find that my admin rights have been stripped from my user account. It's weird, I'm the only user of this computer and its a personal laptop.- Running Windows Vista on a 32bit HP DV5 Laptop- I can't access Task Manager from Ctrl+Alt+Del- Cannot enter Run -> Regedit as it returns a "Regediting has been disabled by your Administrator"Also there's this weird message below my Run command box:Any help?PS: UAC was turned off ages ago and similar problems went away. It's still turned off - no idea what's going on

A:Just lost all admin privileges..

Looks like a malware attack, this will Re-enable (http://www.raymond.cc/forum/general-forum/12672-re-enable-project-ideas-and-suggestions.html) but you need to AV scan to get rid of it.http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268627/just-lost-all-admin-privileges/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all So the situation is this I had to setup an existing PC in Admin Privileges Lost the office for a new starter and decided to be lazy and simply change the user account name Lost Admin Privileges I know that was a schoolboy error Since doing this the computer allows me to login fine with the new username password but keeps asking for the Admin login details whenever I try to make system changes update software etc The user account I changed was the admin account so not sure why this is happening I ve tried using every username password that has ever been assigned to that PC but nothing works Is there any workaround to get Admin privileges back so I can fix this FYI - The PC is a member of our work domain so figure this has further complicated things Really hoping this isn t going to need a full re-installation of windows fingers crossed someone out there can give me some good news Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Lost Admin Privileges

The prompt for Admin during installs is actually a good thing (that is the UAC and you REALLY want it to prompt) BUT you can almost always use any log in the Administrators Group

use CP->User Accounts
add user
set type = Admin
*must* add password to it

save and close

runas /user:$whatever$you$just$created cmd
give that password

it will then create the %profile% for that new user

From then on, you can reply with $whatever$you$just$created and its password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-admin-privileges.204429/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a limited account on Windows XP Pro I am trying to install a program which does not require admin privileges because it doesn't go into any system folders or modify registry For some reason when i open the set up exe not msi it say quot Please try installing again on an account with admin privileges I tried changing the compatibility to Windows windows -windows did not differentiate between limited and administrator but when i clicked on browse to change the privileges? admin Installing without installation directory the set up windows closed I tried again to see if it Installing without admin privileges? was running in the Installing without admin privileges? background or anything like that by checking for the process and once again i clicked Installing without admin privileges? browse the process ended I have access to modify folders in the installation directory so i don't see the problem My theory is that the developers probably asked for admin privileges for no reason I have installed this games many times in the past without any problems My question is can i trick the program into thinking that i am an administrator and make it run normally Please don't suggest finding the installation folders as a zip rar or z because i have tried to find it but no one will upload it It is over gb when extracted

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-without-admin-privileges-480667.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Is this possible? We have about 100 remote users who access our office network via VPN rather than RAS. All of these users are running either W2K or XP.

Our problem is that the internet settings on these laptops have been set (purposely) to automatically download updates from the Win Updates site. This bit works fine! But these updates cannot be installed as the users do not have administrator permissions on their local machine.

Is there a way of allowing these updates to install without giving the users full admin rights? (We REALLY don't want to give them these rights as suffice it to say that some of them are not as computer savvy as we would like.)

I have heard a little birdy say that there is a registry update which can bypass the above problem, but how and where?

Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks muchly.

A:Win Updates with no admin privileges

Have a read of this Winguides article Manage Automatic Windows Updates

See if that is any use to you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-updates-with-no-admin-privileges.204430/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello.

I'm trying to inject an DLL with an old program, which worked fine before I re-installed. My old setup was Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 + All updates.

My current setup is the same, Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 and all updates available through Windows Update. (except sp3)

However, it doesn't work. I think it's a privileges issue. My user account is "Administrator" and a part of the "Administrators" group. I've also enabled the "Debug Programs" privileges on my account, even though it's already on by default for administrators.

It fails on this function:

GetWindowThreadProcessId()

It just returns 0. Even though the HWND i'm passing to it is correct (checked, 100 times.)

any suggestions?

A:Admin privileges issue?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

What DLL and what is the program your trying to inject the DLL to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-privileges-issue-364727.html
Relevancy 62.78%

when i click on soemthing that needs admin privileges it does not ask me for my password to confirm it how do i change things i have windows 8.1

A:Admin privileges problem

Some areas the user can NOT make changes.
What changes are you trying to make?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-privileges-problem.1138145/
Relevancy 62.78%

I left on vacation over the past weekend. Upon my arrival home, I went to my computer to check my mail. I noticed a second account but thought nothing of it on the log-in screen. Later, as I am trying to update my programs such as iTunes, I come to find out that my administrator privileges are gone. My roommate has confessed to changing adding an administrator account and demoting my account. However, the password he set was from a random password generator and is only recorded in a text file on the desktop of the admin account. How do I regain my administrative privileges on the computer and delete the other account?

I have an HP Pavillion p7-1207c.
I have tried restoring the system from a backup, but that requires an admin's permission.
All help is gladly accepted.

A:How do I regain Admin privileges?

Not a smart guy... that roommate of yours!

User Account Password - Change from WinRE

In step 7 do:

Code:
net user name_of_admin_account *
Now give the name_of_admin_account a new password so you can logon. Now you can give the other acount admin priviliges. You can delete the name_of_admin_account when logged on as admin account. Step 8 to 13 aren't needed of course

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283719-how-do-i-regain-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 62.78%

OK I have no idea what happened admin privileges SOME of Loss I think windows security updated itself over night and spacked up my norton antivirus or something cos that isnt there anymore my internet security is but its being a little unresponsive next time i turned computer off and put it back on my usual profile is now apparently not Loss of SOME admin privileges the administrator even though in user accounts it says it is I have reinstalled Norton and it says its totally working fine now Problems My startup programs wont load on startup anymore I only get te printer and the sound thing I get no TURN OFF button I cannot get to the TASK MANAGER I dont have a RUN button I cannot REGEDIT ANYONE got any idea I made a new administrative account and that one works fine I cant see why this one is going mental Im running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack HIJACKTHIS log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navw exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn co uk SEENGB SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO dsWebAllowBHO Class - F D C- - F-A - E BD E - C Program Files Windows Desktop Search dsWebAllow dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite msntb dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run HP Software Update - quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager - quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton Internet Security osCheck exe quot O -... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello! As the title says I can't do anything that requires admin privileges on my computer whether it's running a program as admin or deactivting my firewall/antivirus etc etc. Whenever I try to deactivate my firewall/antivirus nothing happens, and when I try to run a program as admin I end up with a window giving me an error message (I'll add a picture of it). So if anyone has got a clue on how to fix this then please help me, I would appreciate it so much!

EDIT: It's exactly the same error for every program that I try to run. The only thing that isn't the same is the file path shown, it shows the program that I'm trying to run.

A:Can't do anything that requires admin privileges!

Hi Joelmosen First of all, I want to give you a warning about one program you have on your desktop, ComboFix. ComboFix is a very powerful reporting and scripting tool that was developped by sUBs, used by members of the malware removal team here on BleepingComputer (and also on other forums). This tool can easily break a Windows installation if poorly and/or wrongly used. It can make the whole system unbootable and also delete everything present on your drives (leaving you with close to no chance of recovery) or damage your Windows installation so badly that you would be forced to reinstall it. Therefore, you should not be using ComboFix unless you are in one of the two situation listed below:You have been trained in an online malware removal forum to use ComboFix;You are using it under the supervision and instructions of a trained malware removal professional on BleepingComputer or another recognized malware removal forum (UNITE forums for example);If you already ran ComboFix on your system and need assistance with the log, you will have to post a thread in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section of BleepingComputer, where a trained helper will assist you.If you have any questions or concerns about ComboFix, quietman7 wrote a FAQ on it and you'll find all your answers in it.ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look hereAlso be aware that BleepingComputer doesn't provide any advice on how to use ComboFix on your own, due to the nature of the tool and how dangerous it can be when used without supervision or proper training.Is the error message the same for every programs you right-click on and select Run as Administrator? Did you ever run ComboFix on your own on your system?On a side note, that version of AdwCleaner is outdated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576470/cant-do-anything-that-requires-admin-privileges/
Relevancy 62.78%

Something has happened to our desktop.  Kaspersky has been unable to update databases; sent them a message and have attempted all steps they suggested but am unable to run anything.  Am not able to run or access anything as admin.  There latest email stated to send them screen shots of everything (have attached them)  Computer will not allow me to see users or change users.  Not sure what's going on.  Estimated to be having the problem for the past 2-3 weeks; coincidentally around the time Internet Explorer completely stopped working.

A:Admin privileges disappeared.....

try safe mode to access admin with  total permissions  In safe mode you shpold be able to fix your problems

cmd in windows does not give full access permissions for some system access

make sure you have I.E. eleven installed down/load a new copy and install if necessary

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577885/admin-privileges-disappeared/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi. I cant do any operation(copy, cut, undo etc) on all the file and folder(personal) after accidentaly moving the folder into a folder named "4e648cf418e6a9ea7e557a830e8c06".
Inside this folder, there are 2 folder previously:
amd 64 and i386.
In order to undo it, i do the system restore.
After system restore, it manage to moving back my folder to original places.
However, i cant open all the files inside. Whenever i try to open it, error message pop up:
"access denied"
"user does not have access privileges"
How to solve it?
FYI, i am using dell laptop
thanks

A:file acces denied/ user privileges problem

Take ownership of the files and folder

To view the Security tab in Windows XP Pro, follow the instructions HERE.

For XP Home, simply reboot into Safe Mode.

If no luck, try Unlocker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-acces-denied-user-privileges-problem.893989/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Team,

i want to install a application without admin privileges, please provide example batch file or command for the same.

Thanks in Advance!

NTRao

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc541178-5ad3-4be0-8246-4f1dabaa697e/install-application-without-admin-privileges?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 61.92%

I've been running Vista Ultimate and Photoshop CS for more than a year and suddenly today when I try to open PS it says that "Current user account does not the privileges to perform product activation..." and refuces to open. If I go to the PS exe and check the box for Run as Admin it runs (altho I have to click the UAC warning when using this setting). Any ideas as to what is happening? (No major software or hardware changes recently.)

A:Photoshop CS suddenly needs admin privileges

It appears to be covered here.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=331419&sliceId=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photoshop-cs-suddenly-needs-admin-privileges.705998/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok here's my story I have an old XP Pro laptop There was one user name and password required to log on to the thing I assume I always had admin privs with this logon as I never had any troubles One day my bro in law says quot want me to make it so you don't have to use a password to log on quot I dumbly said quot sure quot So he messes around it with it for a bit but cannot do it and gives up Later I realized something had changed when I simply double clicked the time display at the bottom right to see to gain Admin How back Privileges? the calendar and it told me I would need Admin Privs to do this I then discovered that I cannot install anything I simply tried to install a new version of Acrobat with my account So I need to gain back Admin Privileges somehow I did some research and have seen all sorts of quot password recovery quot methods that usually involve a bootable floppy but the laptop has no floppy drive and my user name and password are still exactly the same as before So I did not lose any passwords my user account somehow just lost its admin privs Oh and I cannot view user account settings without being the admin for the computer So that's my story Does anybody have any advice for me Thanks for listening

A:How to gain back Admin Privileges?

Are there other user accounts then?
There has got to be a Admin account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-gain-back-admin-privileges-110393.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Beginner level

After a failed Windows Update some months ago, I was unable to get any further updates. The error message 80070005 indicated I did not have 'privileges' to do so. I installed Hotfix, although not sure what this actually achieved. After Flash crashed later on, I tried to install the newest version, but again, I do not have Admin Privileges to do so. Tried with and without Norton 360 running, with and without Windows Defender running.
Looked at User Accounts. Tried with and without User Account Control turned off.
Gave the PC several full scans, no problems detected.
Looked at some online tips, but as a beginner, don't want to go anywhere near tinkering with the Registry.

help appreciated

A:Loss of Admin Privileges/Permissions

Welcome
Possibly you can use this administrator perform the tasks.
Administrator Account
In addition, if you can try to create a new administrator account, for daily use.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298120-loss-admin-privileges-permissions.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I ve suddenly Lost permissions... privileges Admin and been denied quot permission quot or access privileges to install or even update programs on my computer I have tried going back Lost Admin privileges and permissions... to several different restore points but none of them have helped I have Windows XP Pro SP on this computer and only one quot user quot account which is of course an Administrator account The quot permissions quot are check with FULL CONTROL with all boxes checked I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get because I ve tried everything I can think of to resolve this problem without success Actually I m afraid I just keep making matters even Lost Admin privileges and permissions... worse because now my computer runs awfully slow and programs stall or just shut down suddenly I was going to just give up and re-install windows hoping that would correct my problems but a friend told me to try seeing if anyone here could help me out first Thanks in advance for your help GJ nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I am signed in as the Administrator of my computer, however, the system will not allow me to install my antivirus. It gives me an error message saying that I need admin. privileges to install.

I did have some viruses but fixed them, now I can't install.

Please help.

Thanks!!!

A:Can't install anitvirus w/admin. privileges

Try tapping F8 as you push power button until you get safe mode option. Go into safe mode and try install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-anitvirus-w-admin-privileges.465988/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hallo,

I wrote a Script that uninstalls an application, move some files and install an Application.
The Script is working if I start it as Admin (right click - run as Admin ...).
Everything works fine.

But I want to have it working without the "run as".
The script is only used in a separated Test system,
so there is no problem if the Admin user name and password is in the script.
(also link wouldn't work, should also work if it moves to another station within the test domain)

Is there a way to manage that?

A:Admin privileges in batch script

Batch command runas with a standard trick
echo password | runas
it is NOT going to work, because the password should be entered manually.

If you do not mind clicking Yes in UAC window you can use Elevate.exe
With it you won't need writing password anywhere
"C:\yourFOLDER\elevate.exe" "C:\yourScriptFOLDER\yourScript.bat"
would be enough to start script with admin privileges (still need to click YES on UAC window).

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/167673-admin-privileges-batch-script.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Sony Vaio laptop Windows Windows Service Pack x NTFS Internet Explorer Firefox avast free antivirus Spyware Blaster free Also for non-real time protection but for a nd opinion sometimes do a scan with MBAM or Super AntiSpyware And after learning about it thru this site currently doing a free online ESET scan which the one other time I used it found junk that none of the other programs did I saw an article stating that most problems involving keyloggers trojans scareware etc could be prevented by my running my computer as someone without Administrative privileges - that this would prevent most programs from being able to take control even if I unknowingly clicked on a downloader for a trojan keylogger Does that sound accurate I am in the USA and interested in some non-USA sports so use free streaming sites a as Admin privileges. without Running someone computer lot which sometimes contain various types of malware I try to be careful but occasionally as tonight I have to do a System Restore when scareware gets a program into my computer The article had some reader comments where they had problems making the changes the Running computer as someone without Admin privileges. article suggested and then had problems changing back to how it was previously so I m reluctant to try this without guidance in case of problems What do you suggest and if you agree with the article can someone here guide me thru the process please As mentioned I m afraid of doing it and then having problems and not being able to get it back to how it was originally if necessary so guidance would be appreciated

A:Running computer as someone without Admin privileges.

Not necessarily. A standard user account can be infected by some malware. But yes, it is a preventive measure and should be used.Read this : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-new-user-account-in-windows-vista-7/I suggest, that you use Sandboxie and run your browser inside it. http://www.sandboxie.com/Sandboxie runs your programs (like your browser) in a totally isolated space, so even if a malicious site installs something, all you have to is clean the contents of Sandboxie.Some antivirus like avast! also have an inbuilt sandbox which run suspicious programs inside it automatically, preventing them to make actual changes to your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471019/running-computer-as-someone-without-admin-privileges/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm sure there must be a simple way to do this, but I don't know how. At the hotel where I work I setup the lobby computer. There is my admin acct and then the hotel guests acct, the latter is a windows "guest" acct. I would like to go into that acct and delete some things, but I can't figure out how to get admin privileges within that acct to do so.

Thanks.

A:Admin Privileges in Guest Acct?

hcour,

First, on the admin account, enable (temporarily or otherwise) UAC: User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

Then go into the limited account and change whatever you would like, with your admin user name and password handy.

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232496-admin-privileges-guest-acct.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I installed Win XP Pro and created Power User account for wife and child. Now programs like Microsoft Picture It say they need admin privileges to run. Some childrens games also want admin privileges. I created these accounts so that wife and child would NOT be able to modify system files. How do I fix this without giving them admin privileges.
Thanks
Don

A:WIN XP PRO: Some Programs Requires Admin Privileges to run

Basics....

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/security/accesscontrol.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-pro-some-programs-requires-admin-privileges-to-run.118367/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am the admin and sole user. I tried to move a system file and the dialogue stated you do not have elevated privileges. So, my admin priv is not elevated.
thank you in advance, M

A:trying to get full elevated admin privileges

Hello Mark, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What system file are you trying to move?

If you like, you could enable the built-in "elevated" Administrator account, then sign in to it to have full elevated rights when needed. Do note, that Store apps will not work in elevated accounts.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/22619-trying-get-full-elevated-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all,

I have a loptop with windows xp, but my user is having limited privileges.
Is it possible to give admin privileges to a particular command or a set of commands (say for example i wanted to set the IP address of the machine from the limited user) from the admin login.

thanks in advance,
Chandu

A:admin privileges for limited account

Im sure if u assign the laptop an IP address another account would use that.
Unsure and not willing to test it, but you could try!
Aslong as you know the admin stuff...we cant help with passwords :)

i dont think you can change the admin/limited rights..if they need to install programs..i would set as admin, what damage could they do :P lol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/admin-privileges-for-limited-account-254258.html
Relevancy 61.92%

When users with admin privileges have ownership of files and folders, do those files and folders remain, or are they deleted?

This question arises from having tried to copy my primary admin profile to that of a new (backup) admin user. During that tedious and unsuccessful process, I had to change ownership and privileges of a number of folders and files, and now some of my programs are having trouble finding needed files. So rather than wading through everything and changing the settings back, I'd prefer to delete the new admin user -- as long as I won't lose the files.

Does that even make sense? (It's way past my bedtime!)

A:Deleting Users With Admin Privileges

Make copys of all the files you want to keep or use an admin account and pull the files onto the account you wish to keep then delete the old one. As long as you have a copy that you have privileges to on the account you are going to keep you should be fine, just make sure to keep a copy of all the files that you can get into.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118638/deleting-users-with-admin-privileges/
Relevancy 61.92%

I need admin rights on my windows 7 computer because I cant download or delete anything on my pc. It is used for school so I NEED the admin rights. Is there any way without entering a Admin Password?
Thanks

A:Can't delete or download, no admin privileges!

No as that could be a possible confidential breach.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342341-cant-delete-download-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Is it possible to launch an application from start->run dialog box with administrator privileges?

A:Launching an app from start->run with admin privileges?

Click start, click all programs, click accessories, Right click "command prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator" now run your app.

or just go to the app in all programs, right click and choose "Run as Administrator".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23366-launching-app-start-run-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone,

I need some help regarding removing restrictions on a secondary drive, drive D: on xp. I have admin privileges on the account i'm using. I was trying to restrict drive D for another user.. and instead it's my own account that got restricted!

This is what i've done,

1) Went to tools>folder options>view>unchecked simple file sharing

2)Then right clicked on drive D: > security tab and removed access from drive for that particular user..

now.. it's my own account that's restricted..

i created another account.. admin.. to see if the drive can be accessed from another one, and yes it can.. it's just mine that is restricted :/

I tried to change all the settings to full control on my account.. i changed the ownership too.. yet it's not working :s I'm lost and not tech savvy at all

would formatting remove the restrictions on that drive?

Please help me with it, thank you

Relevancy 61.92%

As the title says, i'm having a difficulties burning a CD (computer has a Combo DVD/CD-RW drive) in the facullty network.

The problem is (at least i think so) becouse they deleted aspi drivers from Windows directory.

Is there any possible way to burn a CD, and what is it?

Regards,

[email protected]@d0x

Relevancy 61.92%

For some reason I ve lost admin-privileges amp now I can t open exe files programs on my system Windows XP Pro If you can help me please tell me which services or programs need to be running in order to keep their admin-privileges while using Windows XP Also please name which program s you would use to absolutely disable or kill rd-party services on Windows XP I ve tried all of these programs Component Services Dcomcnfg exe WinPatrol Task Manager and MSConfig exe -but they won t allow me to terminate or disable Online Armor amp invasive programs like it I tried to uninstall quot Online Armor quot which is still running on my machine I want to get rid of Online on Pro? tell: XP back gain How Admin-Privileges Please to Amor but it won t allow me to terminate these components of the program their filenames are listed below oacat exe - quot Tall Emu quot a k a name of developers company Please tell: How to gain back Admin-Privileges on XP Pro? oasrve exe - quot Online Armor Helper Service quot Whenever I try to disable of those programs I get quot access denied quot messages like this one Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the itemClick to expand Thanks for your kindness amp help in advance nbsp

A:Please tell: How to gain back Admin-Privileges on XP Pro?

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm

this page might help

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-tell-how-to-gain-back-admin-privileges-on-xp-pro.829110/