Windows Support Forum

My screen goes black when loading "Vice city, or Cs"

Q: My screen goes black when loading "Vice city, or Cs"

I dont know whats wrong with my computer or its just the game. I have just re-formatted my computer, Is that whats creating these problems. Before i re-installed the games wher working fine. When i go into Vice city After wacthing the movies at the start of the game the sceen goes blank. Now its like my computer freezes. Non of the commands work (C+ALT+DEL, ALT+DEL, WINDOWS+TAB, ALT+F4) But my screens just goes blank.

Can any one help me. It would be really appresheated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-screen-goes-black-when-loading-vice-city-or-cs.305582/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My screen goes black when loading "Vice city, or Cs"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.92%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hello Sevenforums Notebook HP ProBook s OS Windows x bit Did not buy from hp bought from a guy at loading Stuck "Windows files" black screen is after Yesterday my explorer Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up i opened my laptop and then quot Windows is loading files quot appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed i installed the antivirus about week ago and i never restarted the pc until then only putting it into sleep mode But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff I dont know im really in need of help

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397527-stuck-black-screen-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 104.49%

I have a no-activation volume license version of XP Pro My friend used this exact "Loading Hang... screen black at Boot XP" XP Windows CD burned from an ISO to upgrade one of his computers from winME to XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" XP I have gone through hell with it Long story short the installation goes fine and when its all done on the first boot I see the black quot Loading Windows XP quot screen that usually appears for a very short time The XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" progress bar moves about halfway across actually not a bar its just blue blobs but it works the same way the lights on my keyboard numlock capslock scrollock flash and it hangs I can then turn numlock on and off but not capslock or scrollock Ctrl-alt-delete doesn t work I can boot into safe mode I have tried reinstalling it even gone to the point of reformatting my drive Still no go I KNOW that XP will work on this machine as I ran a beta of it hitch-free for days until I had to activate My machine is more than powerful enough Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 104.49%

I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new motherboard's drivers but thats was when it crashed. I ran a diagnostic on it and it gave me error BIOHD 3, which I believe means that the drivers couldnt be found. So I am stuck at a stand still until I can find a fix.

A:Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"

Usually, after a motherboard change, a Clean Install Windows 7 is needed .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205422-stuck-black-screen-says-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 103.2%

I was having trouble starting my computer like many other people it seems - it would hang just after the quot starting windows quot screen appeared I had a completely black blank screen no mouse pointer nothing The only way to overcome the issue was by powering down and restarting windows which always seemed to get it running but very frustrating none the less I tried several fixes from this forum without success Thinking about it though I realised that my problem only began after I had reinstalled windows which I had done several times because of faulty memory - everytime I got the same screen after Solved black "loading screen windows" startup problem I know that advice from this forum frequently referred to ensuring all drivers were up to date so I checked mine via Device Manager All showed that they were the latest drivers according to Windows Update However I decided to manually reinstall the motherboard drivers from the ASUS website I had already done so for the chipset namely the SATA and LAN drivers To my delight this seems Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen to have returned my Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen computer to its correct working state with no startup issues Just thought I would post this info in case it is of use to anyone trying to overcome a similar problem

A:Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen

Hi ColWar,

Thanks for posting your solution! Hopefully this will be of use to someone else. I will flag this thread to be marked 'Solved'.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79331-solved-black-screen-after-loading-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I searched the forums but I couldn't find the answer. My problem is the Vice City doesn't start at all. It shows the sandtimer but then nothing happens. If I am very lucky it loads but I have to be reaaally lucky.

I tried reinstalling it doesnt work. I tried doing autorun and it doesn't work. I also tried to click on the .exe in the installation folder and it still won't work.

All the newest drivers for my videocard, directx9 etc are installed.

My system is

Windows XP Home
AMD XP 2200+
Geforce 4200TI
512 DDR Ram

I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Relevancy 97.18%

i have recently installed a mod for my gta vice city on windows vista now i cannot access my game i have tried throwing out the set file and even reinstalling the whole game but none of that has worked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gta-vice-city-stalls-halfway-through-loading.854816/
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm trying to fix my brother's computer after he opened a trojan attached to an email The email was the one saying your credit card had been charged Mode screen detected" "Spyware and "Black Screen" Safe for airline tickets The computer is a Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP The first problem is that after normal login there is a blue screen with a yellow window in the window with the message quot Warning Spyware detected on your computer Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer quot There are no icons visible The only action I can perform is CTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Windows Task Manager I told my brother to start in Safe Mode from which he scanned the computer using AVG Free Edition which was installed before the infection This did not fix the problem Starting Safe Mode I now get a black screen with Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen Safe Mode in the corners and the operating system name at top The blue login screen then comes up with Administrator and my brothers account I click on Administrator and I get the same black screen as before with Safe Mode in the corners and the writing at top My brothers account does the same There are no icons or Start button visible Again the only program I can bring up is the Windows Task Manager Using that I managed to install and run SmitfraudFix which was given as a solution to quot Spyware detected quot screen After rebooting this did not fix the problem I also installed SpyHunter which found Zlob Trojan Rogue AntivirusXP plus some other spyware cookies and files These were removed from the computer Unfortunately this did not remove the Start Mode black screen and quot Spyware detected quot screens The only thing I can find to do next is a Windows XP repair using the Windows XP install CDROM However before I try that is there anything else you could recommend to get rid of these screens

A:Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen

Anyone want to answer this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/safe-mode-black-screen-and-spyware-detected-screen-282897.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Son has new XBox (Christmas gift) and has played Vice City numerous times. It's recently started hanging up just before the pink loading bar completes; with a "loading" signal that never disappears.
The CD loads okay at the game store. Son claims he did nothing to mess up the XBox when saving his game.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to kick start the game?

A:XBox Vice City game hangs up when loading

Ask him if he made any custom CDs with his XBOX, which can be played on a game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-vice-city-game-hangs-up-when-loading.325517/
Relevancy 95.89%

Well, my main game, when I load it, it finishes loading, a little box says Loading, I hear the normal beep noise, then it crashes. Anyone know how I can fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vice-city-freezes-when-loading-saved-games.157766/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello All I just received a brand new computer a few days ago from CyberPower PC I've attached the specs below That being said I noticed a problem when I was quot in a game quot and within an hr the fan revved up and the computer shut down to black screen monitor read quot no input quot Thinking this was a one-off I tried again and the same symptoms persist - after playing for some time the screen goes blank no error messages the fan rev's up and requires a hard reboot As an FYI I paid Cyberpower to OC this computer for me No error message whatsoever Next during one of the quot Computer New Fan "Ramps "Black - Up" - Screen" hard reboots quot a message popped up before windows that said the setting were unstable and that I had to reduce my clock speed down - so I clicked accept there New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" were no other options to potentially ignore this message Here are the steps I've taken to date Upgrade the MOBO GPU drivers Plugged the system directly into the outlet to ensure adequate power as opposed to power bar Ensured RAM and GPU was seated properly Ran MEMTEST - no issues Ran Prime - gt Torture Test - gt Blend - Causes a quot FATAL ERROR New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" quot every time as per below quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than quot quot Hardware failure detected - consult stress txt file quot Torture Test Completed Tests in hrs minutes - error warnings quot Each quot worker quot in this test I'm assuming for each core had a different result as per below Worker - no error Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than My CPU spec's are as follows CPU Intel Core i - K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR CAS Cooler Master HAF Mid-Tower Gaming Case w Adjustable HDD Cage Black Color FREEBIE MB FREE N Dual Band Wireless Bluetooth Expansion Card FAN Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA Dual Standard MM Fans Push-Pull HDD TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III Gb s RPM HDD Single Drive HDD GB SAMSUNG Series SATA-III Gb s SSD - MB s Read amp MB s Write Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MOTHERBOARD CrossFireX SLI GIGABYTE GA-Z X-D New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" H Intel Z Chipset DDR ATX Mainboard w IRST Lucid Virtu MVP Ultra Durable Classic HD Audio GbLAN x Gen PCIe x x PCIe x amp PCI All Venom OC Certified MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Patriot Viper Intel Extreme Masters Edition NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network OVERCLOCK Extreme OC Extreme Overclock or more OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CMPSU- TXV Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO TUNING Intel Core i - K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel VIDEO AMD Radeon HD GB X PCIe Video Card Major Brand Powered by AMD FYI - I've run Speedfan during the crashes in Prime and during gaming and no temperatures seem off the highest the CPU got was Celsius The system is under warrranty - but this isn't the ideal scenario for me as the shipping to fix it will cost me approx Andrew

A:New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up"

Seems like a thermal shutdown to me. When CPU/GPU overheats, the system either reduces their clock in order to cool them down or does a hard shutdown to protect the hardware. You said you OCed your hardware. Make sure that your are running the CPU/GPU at stock clocks and not overcloking them and also make sure the cooling system is working properly (ie, the fans) and air is flowing good. Thanks for reading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286036-new-computer-black-screen-fan-ramps-up.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 92.02%

well, like it says in the title, the windows loading screen just keeps on loading, with the blue bar going across..

but before this happens, the screen comes on asking which mode i'd like to start up in , eg. safe mode , normal, ectect...

the guys who it is says he needs the stuff of the HHD , typical

lol

any surgestions guys, it would be appriciated

A:windows xp screen just keeps loading & loading """"" :|

**** update, i'v got a screen after that say

SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk 2: Fujitsu MHV2080BHTBD

WARNING :immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive. Afailure may be imminent
press F1 to continue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-screen-just-keeps-loading-and-loading-270349.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have read several threads with similar problems and it seems that the "blue screen" of old Windows crashes has been replaced with the "black screen of death". Anyway, I'm trying to get an older HP running. I get the Windows splash screen then the above described "black screen". I get this in "safe mode", also. I'm starting to lean towards the hard drive and will start trying to find out what brand it is and go to their web site and see if they have a utility program to check it. If anyone has any suggestions, they will be appreciated...

It's running Windows XP Home with 128mg of ram; just a basic box, nothing special...Thanks in advance, dm

A:Has the "black screen" replaced the "blue screen"?

greetings
do you have the xp disk available?
[128 meg ram for xp is a little light]
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/has-the-black-screen-replaced-the-blue-screen-60871.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hello, my pc started doing that : at booting, just after the "window's starting" animation and before the login screen, i see the mouse cursor and it last for about 20sec like that. I made sure it's not video drivers. I didn't install any programs. I checked start list and it look normal. Appart "vsnp325.exe" which i don't know why it's here, created on may 12th but i didn't install anything related to video by then... what could it be?

A:Loading hang after "window's loading" and the login screen

vsnp325.exe is some sort of camera from what I can gather.

We need this done first. This will help others help you.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296516-loading-hang-after-windows-loading-login-screen.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have installed gta vc on my pc,
e-machine 180
g-force fx 5200 pci 128mb
1.8 celeron intel
786 ram
sp pack 1
game installed fine until i ran the game only half the screen was visible?
please help as i have tryed evrything from updating my graphic card drivers to installing directx 9c, uninstalling xp and reinstalling,changing monitors.
All my other games run great

Relevancy 86.86%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been using Dragon Natural Speaking 12 Premium for many months and all was going well until last week when I downloaded and installed an update. After that, whenever I open the program from the desktop icon, the "Loading" screen appears but nothing happens after that. Also, I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete to end the program. (Right clicking on the tray icon and closing "close" does nothing. I have downloaded and used the DNS 12 uninstall "tool" several times and re-downloaded and installed the program, but the same thing happens, the program's "Loading" box appears but gets "stuck" there. I have asked the gurus at www.knowbrainer.com and on Nuance's Forums but they seem to be stumped with DNS's behavior after installing the update. Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks for any and all replies/suggestions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dragon-natural-speaking-12-premimun-wont-get-past-the-loading-screen.1116709/
Relevancy 85.57%

I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer would just never turn off, forcing me to hold the power button every time.

I need some solutions, because I've already tried a lot of things

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61858-computer-will-not-shut-down-stuck-shutting-down-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Attempting to help my friend out with a computer problem She starts up logs into acccount gets a minute wait at the loading welcome screen then gets logged into Temp "Logging long into in" loading by followed very profile screen, a temporary account it still says she is very long "Logging in" screen, followed by loading into Temp profile logged in under her name in the start menu but it is the default screensaver and desktop files are not present It also goes into the computers default demo mode on timed intervals of non-use very long "Logging in" screen, followed by loading into Temp profile In regedit under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList There were subfiles which were identical I deleted the one very long "Logging in" screen, followed by loading into Temp profile that had TEMP in the ProfileImagePath subfolder and removed the bak from the file that had the correct username in the Profile Image Path and I think I made it worse I attempted to log in and got this after a long welcome screen quot the local session manager service failed the logon quot and quot the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation quot I am logged into the nd account she has and I am trying now to make a new account so i can transfer her old files over to the new one However when creating a new account it won't let me enter a name Everytime I enter a name no matter what it is I get this message saying quot The specified account name is not valid because account names cannot contain the following characters quot etc quot My attempted account name does not contain any of these characters This is a Lenovo all in one Ideacentre running Windows professional bit intel i - GHz Ram is GB

A:very long "Logging in" screen, followed by loading into Temp profile

I forgot to mention I am logging into a non-administrator account. I tried to make the account an administrative one, but the changes won't stick. I also tried to make another admin account thru various methods, all of them were denied.

I attempted to activate the hidden Admin account via the cmd window, access was denied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319001-very-long-logging-screen-followed-loading-into-temp-profile.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi just as the question title says I am having a RunDLL error with the windows dll RUNDLL ~ Loading could ~ Streamci" found" be "The "Error Specified module not quot streamci dll quot I am getting this error while trying to install my Audio Drivers on my newly set up XP OS During the installation of XP a couple of files were not copied properly because the CD was scratched up pretty badly but I had no other copy of the CD I had to just skip and hope windows installed and was usable Are there any tools that can scan RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found" your computer for missing windows DLL s and re-install them I have already tried downloading the file streamci dll from the internet and installing it with Code regsvr streamci dll in the command line but I get the following error RegSvr quot Streamci dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file can not be registered quot Click to expand Would downloading and re-installing SP from microsoft possibly fix this problem Any Ideas nbsp

A:RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found"

What version of XP Pro did you install with that CD?

XP Pro original

XP Pro SP1

XP Pro SP2

Have you downloaded and installed the SP3 upgrade?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-loading-streamci-the-specified-module-could-not-be-found.918938/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I have a bit of a problem here Last night my roomate was using my computer and kicked my surge protector off The result was my computer wouldnt boot up I played with it for a couple of minutes turning it on and off Finally I opened the case and blew any dust out and tightened a few connectors Turned it back on again and it seemed to boot up normally I logged into my account and the desktop started to load up The icons began coming up and then it froze Control Alt Del would not work So I manually turned works Mode Loading" Stuck "Windows Safe on MCE '05: fine WinXP Screen. the computer off I attempted to boot up again and this time WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine when I typed in my password I got stuck on a quot Loading Preferences quot screen I attempted turning WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine the computer on and off a few times hoping XP was just having WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine an XP moment Not the case Next I tried booting in various safe modes Right now I m in Safe Mode with Network and it works perfectly I tried to restore to a last known setting didn t help I did it both via the list after hitting F and within safemode I played around with some account settings and now have it so I don t have to type in a password when logging in I tried booting up again and now I m stuck on the quot Windows Welcome quot screen Its terrible I ve done virus and adware scans Nothing has helped Right now I don t know what else to do I m not sure if I have the actual WinXP MCE CD I have to search for it but I m fairly sure it did not ship out with the computer Obviously the next step would be to reload Windows and hope it repairs the problem Otherwise I will obviously have to reformat Basically I m looking for any suggestions other than those two that may solve this problem My computer settings should be listed below Any other information required I d be happy to share Thank you in advanced nbsp

A:WinXP MCE '05: Stuck on "Windows Loading" Screen. Safe Mode works fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-mce-05-stuck-on-windows-loading-screen-safe-mode-works-fine.553864/
Relevancy 85.14%

Howdy! I'm happy to have found this outstanding community. I have a very superficial question, but I would love it if I could find a solution.

I'm trying to customize my netbook's startup; it uses XP sp3. I've already changed to boot screen (with the progress bar). I also changed the background displayed at the login/welcome screen.

I was all happy, thinking that I had completely changed everything, but when I restarted, there is still an ugly blue "loading your personal settings" screen that comes up after the welcome screen.

Does anyone know how to change the appearance of this screen or the registry values associated with it? I deeply appreciate your time.

James

A:Customizing the "loading your personal settings" screen

" was to click on the Change the way users log on or off link and uncheck the Use the Welcome Screen option."

per-> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-5ea549ef5dd1/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/customizing-the-loading-your-personal-settings-screen-538224.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi there, I am running windows Vista. When I turn the computer on it stops at the screen where there is the windows vista background and the words "Loading".
I'm not sure what information I should post here, so if you think you can help me just ask me what you would like me to tell you about the situation and I will reply quickly - hopefully.
Thanks for your time and effort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-past-loading-screen.852700/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey all,
On my comp when I turned it on it just sits there loading with its little flag waving and nothing, after about 10 min the comp will restart. I tried to do a recover with chkdsk and such,but to no avail, any other suggestions?

Thank You,
Draxus

Some added info, I was recovering files with knoppix and it randomly started rebooting if that helps any.

A:Wont go pass "Windows Xp loading screen"

Have you try using the Repair Option on Window XP CD and see if it can solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-go-pass-windows-xp-loading-screen.74900/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all Ill cut to the chase What White" Desktop "High Windows not and "Black the just Contrast" Turning completely I am asking is someway of turning the Entire Windows Desktop Screen quot Black and White quot not simply High Contrast I am one of those unfortunate ones Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" like many that suffer from quite severe migraines from time to time Couple this with frequent headaches sometimes daily This obviously isnt helped by the fact that my hobby and career are both in IT I have tried every possible solution to alleviate the headaches Lay off certain foods make sure to have a balanced diet Turn off any strong lighting around my computer screen remove any strong colours from the desktop etc Windows XP Vista have tried to address this issue with the accessibility wizard where you can select the High Contrast Options to take any strong colours off the screen Unfortunately this still doesnt get rid of everything When you make any major changes or quot logoff quot in XP Vista the screen fades to quot black and white Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" quot for a short period If you know what I am on about thats the effect I am after More than likely a black and white layer is Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" laid over the desktop to create this effect unfortunately you would not be able to access anything underneath I need a fully functional XP machine in complete black and white On old CRT monitors you were able to remove the colour making the screen B amp W but with alot of LCD screens this function is not available If anyone has any ideas you would be helping so many people Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Regards Richard nbsp

A:Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-the-windows-desktop-completely-black-and-white-not-just-high-contrast.592004/
Relevancy 84.71%

HI

I have a Lenovo T410 laptop, in which I have formatted my hard drive completely including all default drives. Now I have a single partition, when I try to restore the windows 7 with the recovery DVDs which I have created when my laptop was working correctly. But it will boot with that DVD but stops at the screen "Loading Windows". Is there any settings I need to change before installing windows 7 to the bios or something. I tried with the other Windows 7 DVD from Microsoft MSDN, even though i am not successful.

Actually after deleted all the drives I have installed Windows XP and it was successful and when I try to install Windows 7 it is not going through. Please anyone suggest me any tips on how to install Windows 7 on my hard drive. Are there any other settings I need to change?
Thanks.

A:stops at the screen "Loading Windows"

Hi vrsh, Welcome to Seven forums.

You can follow this tutorial for installing Win 7 and XP on your system. Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Regarding the loading screen issue, this might be due to some faulty drivers. Follow the tutorial and keep all the drivers up to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/330038-stops-screen-loading-windows.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys Here we go Background I just did a clean install of Windows Pro bit upgrade on my nd reboots loading after "Welcome" screen Windows PC During installation a few times windows booted into quot windows did not start correctly quot This was worrisome but I just chose quot Start windows normally quot and installation finished successfully Current problem Now after logging in after the quot Welcome quot screen comes up for seconds my monitor turns black and my pc reboots Update Windows reboots after loading "Welcome" screen sometimes it does not automatically reboot following the screen blackout Origin The blacking out of the monitor leads me to believe it s the video card GS but I ve read people have successfully used this card and down to without even having to install drivers What I ve tried Safe mode works Enable low-resolution video normal mode worked on my older monitor viewsonic va b VGA not my newer samsung p DVI The following did not work Booting as Last good configuration Installed latest drivers for my video card Change Window s quot visual settings quot to quot optimize for performance quot Go from dual-monitor to single monitor Reinstalling Windows Specs ASRock K Upgrade- Motherboard AMD Athlon GB DDR GeForce GS MB Any insights What could I do to further analyze the problem Thanks a lot in advance nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Hiya,

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1501) was really slow so yesterday I restored it to the original factory settings and started a fresh. Everything seemed to be going ok until this morning when I've turned it on and it's not going past the welcome screen when trying to load Windows up? Any ideas how I can solve this?

Many thanks, Mark.

A:Vista, not going past "Welcome" screen when loading up?

Try safe booting, think its f8 key during system load.
Let us know how it works out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-not-going-past-welcome-screen-when-loading-up-570581.html
Relevancy 84.71%

This post updated Hi guys Current problem After the quot Welcome quot screen comes up for seconds my monitor turns black It is still receiving a signal Sometimes it reboots after a while Windows does not seem to recognize my monitors see 'background' below for more Origin I believe the problem is between Windows and my monitors their drivers Booting Normal boot I always get the above problem Booting in 'low resolution mode' I do NOT get this problem IF the nvidia drivers are NOT installed otherwise same problem Safe mode I never have this problem Background I had the same problem in XP and it was fixed after I installed my monitor's drivers I cannot install the drivers in There is no 'Monitors' in Device Manager let alone any 'Generic PnP Monitor' Windows Update does find the p one of my monitors drivers but they do not work But this seems to suggest at least somehow recognizes my monitor p is listed as supported on MS' site quot bit supported no action needed quot Specs Windows Pro bit ASRock K Upgrade- Motherboard AMD Athlon GB DDR GeForce GS MB Monitors Samsung Syncmaster p DVI Viewsonic VA b VGA Only have one plugged in at a time Thanks a lot in advance

A:Windows reboots after loading "Welcome" screen

Mine did this back in the XP days mate, I just reformatted the PC and everything was fine

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51498-windows-reboots-after-loading-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I recently put together a computer myself AMD Athlon X XFX GT XXX gigs XP screen after loading Signal" Showing "No of XP Showing "No Signal" after loading screen corsair XMS ram mhz gig seagate barracuda hard drive Sound Blaster audigy ZS sound card and an asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo with a watt PSU and after about a week of normal operation I seem to have encountered a problem nether my father or I can seem to resolve Basically what happens is I power up the computer everything runs normally After it finishes with the screen with the XP logo and loading bar my monitor sort of flashes it constantly stays black but sort of powers down and powers back up one or two times and then the LED on the monitor glows amber instead of green and my monitor just displays quot No Signal quot Now this is what I have tried so far I have uninstalled reinstalled the video card drivers The interesting thing is after i uninstall them in safe mode it boots up normally and almost the second the drivers for the video card finish installing this is just normally not in safe mode the screen goes black and then displays quot No Signal quot I have tried moving the card to my other PCI-ExpressX slot after uninstalling and tried reinstalling the drivers while it is there but the same thing happens I do not understand how this problem came about as the computer was working perfectly until i tried booting it up one day which is when the problem started I havent had any blue screens or errors of any sort the only problem i had is my usb wireless receiver key wasnt working but I can hardly see how that is related every other usb device works fine Any help at all would be greatly appreciated i really hope i can fix this problem before september st as that is when i am heading off to university and having this computer not work would be a major pain nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello all - Trying to install windows on a different partition to multi-boot with windows xp sp Downloaded the quot - x fre client en-us Retail Ultimate-GRMCULFRER EN DVD iso quot file and burned a DVD Booted from the disc and all loading" Stuck "Setup at is :-( screen.. went well with the quot press any key to boot from CD or DVD quot quot setup is copying files quot Post this screen the windows logo appeared and it took about minutes for the screen where you choose your language etc to appear Then comes trouble The screen remained idle for Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-( about another minutes before the quot Setup is loading quot appeared and it stops here forever pls help Note I tried installing from my pen drive as well but the same exact result The information requested as below Current Operating System pre-install Do you have a single OS on your computer are you planning on multi-booting with this installation - Yes Are you multi-booting now - NoCurrent Hardware How many internal hard drives HD are connected to your system - One Are they IDE or SATA SATA How many DVD drives are connected to your system - One Are they IDE or SATA Drives - IDE Any external HDs used - No Are they connected by USB or eSATA - NA Check Disk Management for any HDs listed with a yellow triangle and explanation point - Checked and none found Is this a New Clean HD - No Have you pre-formatted the HD - Yes the partition im trying to install Windows on is an empty GB NTFS partition Windows installation details Which build number and version of Windows are you installing - - x fre client en-us Retail Ultimate-GRMCULFRER EN DVD iso Are you installing a bit x or bit x OS - bit Where did you get the ISO file from www mydigitallife infoInstallation Media Using a USB memory key - Tried this one too From another partition or hard disk - No From a DVD - YesThe procedure and speed of burning the ISO to DVD has been the most frequent cause of installation failure How did you burn the DVD Briefly describe the steps you used - Inserted a blank DVD into the writer just clicked the ISO and clicked Next Which ISO burning software did you use - Nero startsmart At what burning speed and with Verify checked - x Other Any Over Clocking of the RAM or CPU - No

A:Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-(

Anybody any suggestions? I have seen a couple of threads with the same problem but no solution has been mentioned there as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/28682-stuck-setup-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Ok y all I ve been working with Cookiegal in the XP area for the past zillion weeks and I think I have my computer running better Then when I downloaded and installed ZoneAlarm and had to freezing on Solved: XP screen" "loading the reboot for the first time ever this loading screen situation happened to me This thread was started by richy in that other forum and Cookiegal suggested we come here to seek help with this problem I had to actually unplug my computer to try to correct this problem now I m scared to turn off my computer The situation that Cookie and i Solved: XP freezing on the "loading screen" had been working on was that it took anywhere from - minutes for my computer to reboot That s solved I d hope but when this black screen Solved: XP freezing on the "loading screen" window xp logon froze well sigh Can anyone help me and Richy with this Originally Posted by richy My XP has recently started freezing after the xp loading screen I have to restart several times for it to work properly I ve tried to fix it with registry scanners etc but no joy can someone help please Thanks Oooooh I have Solved: XP freezing on the "loading screen" to send Cookiegal here because I just had a problem with this myself She and I have been working over the last several weeks to figure out what s going on with my computer I just installed ZoneAlarm and when I went to restart my computer the screen stopped right at your exact situation too First time that has ever happened Let me ask her about this nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Last year I just built my own tower and it worked perfectly over Thanksgiving break Now I just came home a PLEASE or in I screen a "Please the screen cursor Wait" get black HELP! with middle week later and nothing I got the loading like normal then when it was supposed PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle to show my sign in for Win I got a black screen with my cursor in the middle that won't move I have not changed anything with my tower I went to hold the power button to turn it off and it turned off then turned back on two seconds later Got the screen with PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle quot start normally safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt quot PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle I tried starting normally and got the same thing I shut it off and unplugged it before it started up again now I took care of the automatic restart I next tried safe mode on each mode would start to load the processes but then got a please wait screen with the windows loading circle never stopped quot loading quot I have not touched my tower because I have been at sollege and my door has been shut and no one goes in my room I have no idea what is going on and do not know what to do I guess the next step would to be to try and reinstall win with the cd i dont know PLEASE HELP

A:PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfb42

Last year I just built my own tower, and it worked perfectly over Thanksgiving break. Now I just came home a week later and nothing. I got the loading like normal, then when it was supposed to show my sign in for Win 7, I got a black screen with my cursor in the middle that won't move. I have not changed anything with my tower. I went to hold the power button to turn it off, and it turned off then turned back on two seconds later. Got the screen with "start normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt" I tried starting normally and got the same thing...I shut it off and unplugged it before it started up again...now I took care of the automatic restart. I next tried safe mode on each mode...would start to load the processes, but then got a please wait screen with the windows loading circle...never stopped "loading".

I have not touched my tower because I have been at sollege, and my door has been shut and no one goes in my room.

I have no idea what is going on and do not know what to do. I guess the next step would to be to try and reinstall win 7 with the cd...i dont know....PLEASE HELP!

Have you tried the Last Known Good Configuration? If that doesn't work you might open the Case and make sure everything is tight, all cables and power leads. There isn't an USB port being used by a Flash drive or anything else that you might have just installed is there? If so unplug them/it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-i-get-a-please-wait-screen-or-black-screen-with-cursor-in-the-middle-533273.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all Few weeks Black "Dot-like" Over L655-1E8 Red Screen Screen) Satellite the Symbols All (Then ago i had a quot display driver stopped responding and has Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) recovered quot warning on my screen Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) I didn't mind and resumed to watch videos After a while some red symbols covered all Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) of the screen then the screen went black But i could still hear the fan working etc I did try to shut down the laptop with pushing power button for a while but it didnt allow me it just went into sleep mode the moment i push the button i thought it might be some kind of heating problem so i have made fan cleaning stuff and also renewed the thermal paste on gpu and cpu as instructed after that my laptop was doing just fine for a couple of hours till the very same red dot-like symbols appeared again on the screen i was watching video at that moment so the video sound started wobbling as if the processor is stuck while working then black screen appeared again what do you think the problem would be is it a hardware problem that i assumed or something else any help is appreciated thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94924-Satellite-L655-1E8-Red-quot-Dot-like-quot-Symbols-All-Over-the-Screen-(Then-Black-Screen)
Relevancy 84.28%

I am experiencing the "Black Screen of Death" with a mouse pointer only after the Welcome screen -- even in safe mode. I have tried the Ctrl+Shift+Esc option I saw here but I get no response. I also restored the system back a few weeks but no help. I think my next step is to edit the register, **BUT** I did not receive any media with my system, purchased in September 08. How do I get to this screen from the F11 prompt at start-up?

Any other suggestions would also be helpful - this mess wasn't in my plans for a heavy computer-use weekend!

Thanks for your help!

A:Solved: "Repair your computer" with no media - Black Screen of Death

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repair-your-computer-with-no-media-black-screen-of-death.801022/
Relevancy 84.28%

Here is the HijackThis log from my parents computer I already uninstalled quot Spruce quot because i saw elsewhere online that it is viral but the problem persists Basically whenever I boot the machine I get a message similar to quot sorry your license has expired you need to increase your license to continue work click Computer message "License Expired" with Black Screen Boots to the button below to fix this problem quot with a button below it The screen is completely black and I cannot Computer Boots to Black Screen with "License Expired" message do anything on it then it tries to a fullscreen page in IE called porntube The below log was obtained while in safemode as I can do nothing when I boot the machine regularly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ms mysearch com sa srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www gateway net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - ce b - d- b - f - fc bb - C WINNT system mnvtvat dll file missing O - BHO My Web Search Bar BHO - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - C Program Files MyWebSearchWB bar bin W BAR DLL O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO dc ie monitor ie monitor - DA E -A DD- CB - B- B F D - C Program Files DioCleaner dc ie monitor dll file missing O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXE O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboard Preload Check quot O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run CapFax C Program Files PhoneTools CapFax EXE O - HKLM Run InstantAccess C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXE h O - HKLM Run RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINNT System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run SideWinderTrayV C PROGRA MI F GAMECO Common SWTrayV exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Automatic Backup C Program Files Iomega Iomega Automatic Backup ibackup exe O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run navapp C Program Files NavExcel NavHelp... Read more

A:Computer Boots to Black Screen with "License Expired" message

nevermind, I'm getting more prompt help on a different forum. please disregard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-boots-to-black-screen-with-license-expired-message-209508.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Help please I turned on my computer and got a black screen with the message Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key I had no prior warning or problems with my computer I hit F for the setup menu and there is no hard drive listed under channel devices on the main Tab It says None for First Select proper screen black "Reboot boot device....." with and and Second Channel Device and The CD and DVD drives are listed under Channel Device and For Installed Memory it says MB PC - and Memory black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....." Bank and show black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....." MB DDR SDRAM Core Version says and BIOS Revision says Under Advanced tab it lists CPU type as Intel Pentium CPU GHz with HT Technology and it lists the CPU Speed and Cache RAM If I go to advanced under Boot Device Priority hard drive group is listed but has parentheses around it To the right it says that means the device has been disabled in the corresponding type menu but I don t see it anywhere as disabled I bought this tower several months ago used and it has no warranty There was no boot cd with it The really scary thing is that I cannot get into safe mode or system recovery It just goes back to the black screen with the message when I press F or F Can anyone help with any suggestions other than buying another hard drive I am on Social Security and it was a real hardship to buy the last one It is a HP Paviliona c I have Windows XP Home SP I will probably have to call a tech to come and look at it but I thought I would try you guys first Thanks for any suggestions Gail

A:black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....."

In the bios setup menu, do you have the hard drives set to IDE mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-493311.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I have a Dell Zino HD It came with Windows bit but I would like to use that license on another computer so I want to swap in a copy of Vista that I own that is currently not in use I did a clean install of Vista and it made it all the way through the install process and when it rebooted it just stopped at a black screen with the mouse cursor arrow I can move the arrow around but it does nothing else I tried reinstalling reinstalling on a secondary partition wondering if there was something goofy with the front of the drive all to the same effect Safe mode will not boot either I have a copy of XP MCE lying around so I thought I would try that I put that in and it just got past loading the inital drivers and hit quot Starting Windows quot before I could do any input at all and then blue screened with a message that I should run CHKDSK F I got the harddrive out got it into my Windows Professional-running desktop and ran CHKDSK It found nothing wrong I ran all of Dell's harddrive checks It too found nothing wrong On a whim I tried Windows again and it worked just fine Any ideas on what on earth is going on System specs are Dell Zino HD ATI HD Integrated graphics running on VGA for this experiment GB RAM GB HDD Ghz single core AMD cpu Thanks so much guys

A:Install hangs on black screen with mouse after "Completing Installation"

Welcome,
I would prepare the HD properly, using this tutorial as a guide.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums

and here is a guide for Seven installation problems.
I think that it applies to your situation, also
http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...solutions.html

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286949-install-hangs-black-screen-mouse-after-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Dear everybody I have a Asus G JW laptop with x gb HDD both has two partitions Win ultimate bit Nvidia geforce GTX M gb CPU Intel Core i - QM GHz Ram GB EAX advanced HD THX trustudio Security AVG antivirus with windows firewall on at all times This laptop has not been the same since my wife accidentally opened a zip file which was attached to an e-mail I reinstalled windows must admit I did not format the windows partition before installing it I restarted after each and every installation of the different drivers I got the st BSOD whilst installing Nvidia drivers After this I started getting random BSOD on shut down and start up I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and restarted the laptop and noticed that it installed BSOD BIOS. into into of screen "Black death" boot -cannot turned an older driver for Nvidia It was okay for a couple of days but then I got a BSOD boot loop I then did a MBR repair which seemed to work for a couple of weeks This past weekend my wife and I was on sites advertising cars that are for sale BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. and used google maps to get to the different dealers The BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. laptop's power cable disconnected by accident battery went flat during the night and when I restarted it it initially showed a BSOD restarted and since then I get this black screen of death BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. The Asus logo does not even come up the keyboard lights come on and you can hear the HDD running and later the DVD drive but nothing else happens I cannot get into the BIOS F is suppose to get you into it but F does not work and neither do the F F F ESC or DEL keys My BIOS is setup to boot from HDD st then the DVD drive at the moment I cannot boot from my Asus system repair disc and neither from the Win DVD or from the Minitool bootable cd Is there anybody with any suggestions I apologise for not being able to post the dump files or a more thorough list of system specs but as you can see I have absolutely no access to the laptop

A:BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS.

Hi,

Firstly keep your wife off the machine

Try this (It may or may not work):

Shutdown the computer and remove power lead, take out the battery and press the
power button for 40-45 seconds then reattach the battery and plug in the power cord.

Does the laptop boot now?

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298713-bsod-turned-into-black-screen-death-cannot-boot-into-bios.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium "Black new a inhstalling card, after power supply Screen" SP1, and graphics Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Stepping Processor "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled This "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply has happened times - once while I was only watching a video online ahnd twice when I d play The Sims The screen goes back and it just restarts When the computer would restart I d receive the quot unexpected shutdown quot error but the computer will run smoothly until I do something that wills trigger it to happen again I have two of the error logs Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DDDB B BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As I recently installed three notable things I m not sure exactly which is the problem but I assume the graphics because in Action Center these events are listed under quot Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver quot where it had apparently stopped working Please help me out nbsp

A:"Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-inhstalling-sp1-a-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.985632/
Relevancy 84.28%

This problem started just last night and I ve gone through to after Menu" screen Problem going computer with black/blank "Boot a series Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" of possibilities and I m Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" pretty sure I ve ruled out it being the Video Card at this point I m assuming it is the Hard Drive but I wanted to get an opinion that has actual value rather than my own gt lt Last night I shut down my computer via start menu and went to turn it back on and when I did the screen went blank black after the quot boot menu quot not sure what that menu is called its where its kind of blue i have an hp and you can hit Esc F F F After that happened I figured oh well maybe it just loaded wrong so I shut it off now when I hit the power button rather than having to hold it down I just press it once even lightly and it just shuts down completely Normally when you hit it you have to hold it down to shut it down completely or so I think Now I m currently using an Nvidia GeForce GTX video card I swapped that out with a working one which was an Nvidia GeForce GT not sure if the were compatible or not but it fit and everything ok Computer still did the same thing with the other video card I didn t try the current one in the broken computer in the working computer to rule it out completely I just assuming that was the cast besides it wouldn t fit in the other computer or didn t have some of the cords Which is why I came to the assumption it is the Hard Drive A as google puts it Logical Hard Drive Failure I m not really sure what that is seems like it can happen due to a virus deleting system files etc I m also not sure on what to look for if one occurs can the screen load that boot menu and actually go blank afterwards like when its loading windows Anyways I have no clue where to go from here or what steps to even take If needed here are my system specs - Intel Core i - Processor - GB DDR System Memory - TB Hard Drive Made by Seagate it looks like I m pretty sure there are drives aswell a much smaller one that stores most of the system files and the giant one though I see nothing inside the actual computer that would indicate a nd drive - Nvidia GeForce GTX with GB Dedicated Graphics Memory - Annnnnd Windows Incase anyone was also curious the video card I tested with was - GeForce GT with MB DDR The computer itself that I use and am currently experiencing problems with is HP Pavilion Elite HPE f PC nbsp

A:Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu"

See if you can boot off something like Hiren's Boot CD and then run a hard drive diagnostic tool.

That will rule in or out a hard drive problem. It could be that your Windows system files got corrupted and maybe you could fix by doing a repair of Windows from a Windows 7 dvd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-going-to-black-blank-screen-after-boot-menu.176088/
Relevancy 84.28%

My acer laptop acer aspire DG D recently got really slow and laggy What was more strange is that in task manager it showed - CPU usage Then there were more stages that lead it to go wrong Anyway i have removed the hard drive Western digital blue and saved all my important data to a separate desktop PC using a separate cable etc I and itself Windows black restarts 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes have reinstalled windows Ultimate bit on that hard drive using the PC then putting it back in the laptop but the same problem remains When i boot windows from the hard drive on the desktop PC the same thing happens it hangs goes black and restarts The warranty for the laptop has expired just a Windows 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes black and restarts itself few weeks before it started going wrong and acer support is no use My brother who is quite good with computers says that i may need to buy a new hard drive but before i do i thought i might ask you guys Thanks for any help or suggestions

A:Windows 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes black and restarts itself

You can't count on Win7 to start when moved to different hardware without SysPrep to move HD to another computer.

I'd instead try booting the Win7 installer for the licensed version on the Acer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If it fails test the HD using maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan followed by Disk Check run from installer System Recovery Options Command Line, on a full disk partition created in installer or using Step 2.2 here: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation.

Check for newer BIOS update. If none reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI to try install. Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Test your RAM - Test with Memtest86+ for 5-6 passes. Remove all but 2gb RAM to try install, swap RAM sticks, check for debris in slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234474-windows-7-hangs-startup-screen-goes-black-restarts-itself.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My sister (in a distant city) got a new computer running XP called me. Her kids got into the computer and now the screen is black except for a white stripe along the top withe words written there, "out of range."

No mouse control and no cursur.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, shortcut

A:Black screen except for white strip reading "out of range"

The out of range error is usually generated by the computers memory having problems. try taking the cover off the pc and re-seating the memory. If you can get a memory diagnostic tool off the net somewhere use it. The other guys who post here may be able to tell you of a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-except-for-white-strip-reading-out-of-range.169869/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone I just had this problem occur the other day I was playing the new WoW when I started getting a really BAD picture lines going across my screen red and green dots and what not Then the game froze and I had to shut down the computer I tried logging on a few more times with the same problems I tried logging on just to use the internet and the screen kept going black then back to normal eventually just freezing Now when I log on the screen goes black right at the blue login screen and my moniter reads quot IGN no input signal quot I am running Microsoft XP I saw another thread like this elsewhere with the agreed-upon cause being overheating All my screen, After signal" startup, by followed "no input black computer fans work including processor and video card and I even took off the side panel after the computer has been off for a day still no luck The oldest parts on my computer are the harddrive safe to assume this is not the problem and my video card Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this is in the wrong board - iron nbsp

A:After computer startup, black screen, followed by "no input signal"

I have the same problm need help bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-computer-startup-black-screen-followed-by-no-input-signal.115757/
Relevancy 84.28%

I got the quot ATI display driver has stopped responding and has recovered from an error quot several times over the last couple of days where my screen would freeze for a couple of second and then start working again and would display that message I thought little of it as it did always seem to work afterwards Last night however it got extremely frequent happening at least once a minute and i decided to try and restart my computer permanently Screen black driver..." after display "ATI several Errors? to see if that would help at all Now when I try to turn the computer on the screen stays black and will not do anything I can hear that the computer trying to work as the fans are going and the power light is on it's just the screen that isn't working How to troubleshoot quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? Windows or Windows Vista I found these guides on how to Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? fix the error message but at the moment both are no good as I can't even use my computer to fix the problem as the screen won't work I am pretty sure the reason my computer is doing this is because of outdated drivers as I recently did a fresh install of windows and only installed the drivers that came on the CD I was given with my computer I should have downloaded the latest drivers online I am running Windows on a Dell Studio laptop I am unsure of the graphics card at the moment as I can't access the computer but I know that it is an ATI of some sort Thanks in advance

A:Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors?

Does your display power up? can you see something on the display like BIOS post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285856-screen-permanently-black-after-several-ati-display-driver-errors.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I read here and attempted to fix this before posting Your forum is so informative screen "WARNING message on IN with start YOUR up DANGER" Black and I think its great that so many of you help out here as volunteers The problem when I boot up Black screen on start up with "WARNING YOUR IN DANGER" message is I have a black screen with a huge pop up stating quot WARNING YOUR IN DANGER quot then smaller print saying like all you do on your computer is stored on your hard disc and etc Okay so I ran my EZ Antivirus Ad Aware Spybot everything is updated and I run behind Zone Alarm premium My system is XP I followed the directions from another thread and Black screen on start up with "WARNING YOUR IN DANGER" message through that I already uninstalled PC Guard through add remove Then I DL LSPfix and saved it I DL smitRem zip and opened up the RunThis bat file only after in safe mode later I DL CCleaner and altered the options as per instructions from the other thread I also DL Ewido Security Suite and altered the additional options as instructed I killed system restore then booted in safe mode Oh yes and I DL Hijack This Then I opened the RunThis bat file and finished the disk cleanup completely Then I ran Ewido and saved report Then I started Ccleaner I reset websettings under Internet Options Then I went to control panet gt Display gt Desktoop tab gt customize desktop gt Web tab gt Web Pages gt then deleted the entry Security Then I rebooted out of safe mode Afterwards I ran ActiveScan online and saved report Finally then I did the HijackThis log Please see below the reports from my ewido and active scan logs as well as my latest Hijack This log too I really tried to fix it without having to bother you all so please help me by showing me what I missed or did wrong Many thanks in advance for any and all advice given I am still running without any restore point because I know I need to go ahead and fix this before restarting that Hijack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Firewall ca exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run eTrustPPAP quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDete... Read more

Relevancy 84.28%

About a month ago I was having troubles with my laptop "black Acer death" one Aspire screen AO751h of where the battery percentage would always say or or just die right after I unplug my laptop I was told that it wasn t my battery just needed to update my bios SOOOOO one day I finally decided to update my bios and made the worst Acer Aspire one AO751h "black screen of death" mistake possible I was running the update when I thought my laptop had frozen and I pretty much panic d and forced my laptop to shut off I did read on the update when I launched quot do not shut off computer quot and that s exactly what I did it was an automatic reaction simply because I did not know the update started the moment I opened the exe file since it didn t say that in the quot readme txt quot file SO of course now my laptop is gone black screen when I cut it on I ve read tutorials all online about this issue with an acer aspire one netbook on how to fix this but the tutorial seems to be for that ONE SPECIFIC NETBOOK which is the acer aspire one aa I tried following that tutorial with the bios files from the acer website for my laptop but they don t have the files for my netbook that the tutorial goes off of I came here for help to see if anyone could help me because I pretty much figured since it s an problem that was fixable on that model there has to be some sort of way I can fix this with my laptop Like the title it s an Acer Aspire One ZA AO h and has Windows Vista Bit Yes I do understand my laptop is pretty much done and useless if this isn t fixable Thanks is advance nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Windows XP SP fully updated was working on windows phone problem got the "Disk Antivirus black after Pro" w/cursor screen virus quot Disk Antivirus Professional quot virus I immediately disconnected my ethernet cable and went to TASK MANAGER and started deleting all suspicious services I errantly deleted a svhost file and it went into shutdown mode upon reboot I got a black screen with only the mouse cursor which moves fine I tried to reinstall black screen w/cursor after "Disk Antivirus Pro" virus windows XP from OEM disk went through entire procedure Still boots to black screen w cursor black screen w/cursor after "Disk Antivirus Pro" virus tried safe mode black screen w cursor amp safe mode in corners finally got to safe mode with command prompt but still no screen From cmd regedit - I cannot find any of the files that are associated with quot Disk Antivirus Professional quot - ie quot random exe quot etc I ve searched all I can about this and cannot find a fix Someone please point me in the right direction I still have cmd up on the computer I m afraid to close it again HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-w-cursor-after-disk-antivirus-pro-virus.1091417/
Relevancy 84.28%

- Firstly my laptop was making the USB in and out sounds along with black screen flashes and also screen black sounds, and Randomly makes 'out'" screen 'in "USB flashes resolution changes - So I decided it was time to reset my laptop Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black completely in the hope of fixing this problem - Now after my laptop finished resetting another problem has arisen a red cross appeared on my speaker logo on taskbar and no sound So I fixed it following these steps windows sound problem no speakers or headphones plugged in error - YouTube for reference - Now after this yes I have sound but my sound quality has drastically decreased almost like 'stock' sound Unsure what to do now with this - Further to this whilst Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black avast free antivirus was installing doubt that matters my original quot USB in and out sound quot problem had happened again with black screen flashes and screen resolution changes - As I had been in such a pickle I decided to come here as I really need an expert opinion My laptop is a HP Envy Processor Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics GHz Ram gb AN IMPORTANT NOTE I upgraded to windows as part of the free upgrade a while back I noticed that the red cross speaker problem has been linked to this Unsure for me Only things Ive got back on my laptop was google chrome logged in again with all extenstions and bookmarks etc Steam Football manager and yes avast Any help greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

A:Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black

Try to uninstall Avast and see if the sounds disappear as it is possible it's the cause of it. Windows probably installed generic drivers for your sound so go to the manufacturer website and download the correct drivers for your machine. I fact you should use the drivers from the manufacturer for other hardware such as your graphics and also run an Admin cmd command: sfc /scannow to see if any files are corrupted. Instead of Avast use the built in Defender and the firewall and with Malwarebytes free and common sense you'll be protected

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68541-randomly-makes-usb-out-sounds-screen-flashes-black.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone I am having an issue with my Toshiba notebook My model is Satellite A - MS C I am out of warranty Originally I was having problems turning on my computer I would push update Toshiba black "bios" after screen - Satellite the power button to turn on the computer Usually there is a Toshiba loading screen with a bar at the bottom showing the loading process Right after there is a Windows loading screen with another bar at the bottom showing the loading process I was having problems at the Toshiba loading screen It would load about and then freeze My computer would not turn on and I would have to manually press the power button to turn the computer off Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update Then press the power button again after waiting a few minutes to try to turn the computer on again After having this problem for a week I figured it was maybe because my computer Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update is not as updated as it should be So I went to the official Toshiba website to their updates page I started to download the BIOS update In the middle of the installation my computer shut down turned off by itself There was no indication that the installation was complete I also remembered reading that the BIOS update should restart automatically My computer turned off itself all of a sudden and did not turn back on After waiting a couple of minutes I tried turning it on manually by pushing the power button There was sound and the blue power button light below the touchpad was on However the screen was black and blank I ve read a couple of other online forums and there has been similar issues A member on notebookreview com username marmle said quot I tried updateig my bios and my laptop died halfway through now it doesnt do anything powers up but then just black and its out of warranty quot Another member on notebookreview com username wade fan said quot Just an fyi I just had the same thing happen to my A -S and I went ahead and called toshiba and they told me that it is a known issue and will be covered by toshiba until december hope this helps anybody out there I am now sending my laptop back to toshiba to get fixed at no charge quot Has anybody heard about this same issue Any ideas on how I can notify or ask Toshiba to fix it for free Is sending my labtop in the only way to fix this problem What are my options I called technical support for help as well but they just kept telling me to send it in Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Known issue, but Toshiba takes forever to make it right... Yes we have seen the problem... but don't expect Toshiba to get it back to you quickily... as they have to replace the system board, and they are usually out.
There is nothing you can do but send it in... because otherwise your system board is ruined.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-after-bios-update.129057/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys I've a ASUS N VZ with Intel screen) "broke" EasyBCD acess 7 (black and can't Bootloader Win 2.1.2 Core i - QM with Win Home Premium x pre-installed This computer come with EFI instead of the traditional BIOS When I bought it I had visible partitions C OS - with windows and programs D Data - in blank I store some movies and other unimportant stuff E Recovery - software from EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) ASUS to recovery computer So as I'm at a Master's Degree in Computer Science I needed to install Ubuntu I made a partition from Win reserving around GB for Ubuntu It went fine and the install was sucessful I rebooted and I could get into Ubuntu When I tried to enter Windows I got this message quot error Invalid EFI file path Press any key to continue quot So I get in Ubuntu again and use repair-tool which insert new entries on GRUB Then I got a new entry called quot Windows UEFI loader quot The old entry quot Windows loader quot continued to not work This new one EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) got me into Windows And I should have stooped here But I though that this wasn't perfect and installed EasyBCD actual version on Windows My idea EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) was to replace GRUB by bootloader of Windows and have the two entries there for each OS The problem is that EasyBCD change my boot and now I can't get into Windows anymore I try to add those entries but they do not have been sucessfull added Booting from windows I have the Windows Boot Manager with the two entries but neither of them work The Ubuntu retrieve a failure quot File NST AutoNeoGrub mbr Status xc quot The Windows entry get me into a black screen and don't get into the windows loading bar If I boot from Ubuntu I have the GNU GRUB which still allow me to get into Ubuntu The problem is that the entry quot Windows UEFI loader quot that used to work now get me into the Windows Boot Manager that I've just described So I even try to use the Windows DVD to select quot repair the computer quot and then repair the boot but I got always this message quot his version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot I tried the Wondershare LiveBoot software but that didn't solved too I've logged in Ubuntu and created this log with boot-repair which I think can be of some help Ubuntu Pastebin Now I just want to be able to access Windows I would prefer not to format and install Win again because I've a lot of programs installed and repeat that it's very time consuming but if that's the only solution that be But I honestly think that I've used quot every card quot I knew to try to solve this ASUS N VZ-S V Specs Intel i QM GB GB GB DDR GB rpm SATA Drive DVDRW Supermulti quot FHD LED non glare NVidia GeForce M G Windows Premium bits

A:EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen)

It requires special installation steps to install to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums. You'd need to ask in an Ubuntu forum how to install it in EFI mode.

You can remove EFI Boot disk from BIOS Boot order and enable Legacy BIOS to install normally, however.

For now I'd delete Ubuntu's partition, Mark Partition Active Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to start Win7 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/255036-easybcd-2-1-2-broke-bootloader-cant-acess-win-7-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

So a couple of days ago, my PC started hanging up on a "Please Wait" loading screen in between the "Starting Windows" screen (where the Windows logo forms from coloured orbs) and the user account selection screen. Sometimes I'd leave it half an hour and it still wouldn't load.

To start with, I simply gave my PC a hard reboot, and the problem would go away. When this stopped working, I system restored, and then the problem disappeared. This morning however, I performed a system restore from safe mode, and now when I boot my PC, in whatever mode, I get the "Starting Windows" screen, then the PC hangs up on a black screen with only the mouse pointer active.

I honestly have no idea where to start with this problem, as I can't even re-install windows!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Notso.

A:Hang up on "Please Wait", system restored, now black screen...

I worked out how to use the PC's startup repair, it failed ("Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically").

Now I start the PC I get the option of startup repair, or booting normally (which leads to BSOD each time).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232491-hang-up-please-wait-system-restored-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Machine HP Envy nr w AMD M XT I've been struggling for the past several related (literally monitor? screen to Black "phantom" - off) days with this getting odd behavior where Windows might install just fine or start a session OK but then at some point my laptop monitor just turns off Even seems to happen on start up before getting to Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the lock screen Yesterday I went all out did factory image reset to Windows updated the Intel HD drivers went to Catalyst beta drivers as well Installed Win as an upgrade All seemed OK briefly then I got some screen flickering and it returned to normal except for the fact that it then thought I had two monitors I think at some point over the weekend while I was screwing around with this it I had my TV plugged in via HDMI and it showed up as monitor In any event I could move my Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? mouse over well past the bounds of my quot real quot monitor and there was definitely a phantom area out there Furthermore under 'Devices' on Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the right hand bar it showed I had a second monitor To try and get rid of that I set my quot projector quot settings to duplicate the monitors rather than extend at which point it just turned off and wouldn't return revert Anyone else experience this Any idea of why it would think I have a phantom second monitor Seems awfully suspicious given how many issues I've had

A:Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor?

Ah hah! This is definitely the main problem I've been having now! Even with my Intel HD graphics disabled, upon reboot Windows think it finds a second monitor when there isn't one there. Not only that but it makes it the PRIMARY monitor so you can't see anything. You have to just key in your password / PIN, then it will bring you to the desktop.

The question is how the heck do I get rid of this thing permanently!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/11070-black-literally-off-screen-related-phantom-monitor.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a laptop with Windows 7. I was playing games on it today and suddenly browser closed. Then everything else closed and logged out and my laptop completely shut down. When I tried to turn it on again, a blank black screen with a flashing underscore "_" comes up and none of my keys work. The F8 key does nothing. I have turned it off and on many times. Please help!

A:Laptop won't start up past black screen with blinking "_"

StarJune,
Welcome to TSG.
From your description of the fairly normal but unrequested shutdown, this could possibly be a windows update that failed.
What type of laptop is it? Do you have the Operating System disk? If not you can and probably should order one from the manufacturer.
Take a look at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

I would attempt a Startup Repair first, then try System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-start-up-past-black-screen-with-blinking-_.1047705/
Relevancy 83.85%

Yesterday I started having problems with my Windows Professional -bit desktop machine Here's the sequence of events I would now Win7 in "Windows upon to Start" Failed logon, Black Screen result encounter I would start Black Screen upon Win7 logon, now result in "Windows Failed to Start" the computer logon normally and about minutes after I logged on my video would go black monitor lights blinking like there was no signal but the power to the system was still running Each time I rebooted into normal Windows boot the system would result in the same error I tried re-seating all my components to no avail I also tried unhooking one component at a time to no avail I started trying to diagnose the issue Event Viewer logs provided nothing except for some generic error codes which I reviewed on EventID net I found that booting into Safe Mode worked fine I found that doing a Clean Boot would result in the error I found that doing a selective startup with Windows Services only would result in an error I found that booting with Diagnostic Services only would result in an error I tried using a Windows repair disc to repair my install and that didn't work When I tried to do a full re-install over my existing install my computer wouldn't stay on long enough for everything to finish Finally at pm last night the system stayed on with a normal windows boot with all services running with the cd-rom unplugged I don't think this actually had any impact for a few hours before I went to sleep I left the computer on overnight to see if it would last This morning when I woke up at am the computer was again black screen monitor blinking etc Upon rebooting the machine I got the following error message Quote quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair Your Computer quot If you do not have the disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I tried reseating my hard drive and unplugged all the other components and continue to receive the same error message This leads me to believe my Windows installation is corrupted and has been the root of all my problems but don't understand why that would make my screen go black like the video card disconnected Any help would be appreciated

A:Black Screen upon Win7 logon, now result in "Windows Failed to Start"

Since the error did not occur in SafeMode where Win uses a generic low-res 600x800 video driver, but occurred in Clean Boot mode, where your hi-res installed video driver is used, I would guess the problem is a corrupted video/graphics driver. You might try looking for the latest vid driver from the manufacturer website, of your particular machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347518-black-screen-upon-win7-logon-now-result-windows-failed-start.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Windows after quot Starting Windows quot stops with a black screen and mouse cursor I turned on my desktop PC after more than weeks of non use it was in its package box It booted nicely to the desktop but suddenly showed a BSOD and turned off I "Starting stops then & active screen cursor with Windows" black Boot: turned it on again and it showed a message saying Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor the processor is overheated so I turned it off removed the processor to check if there's enough Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor thermal compound Thermal compound was OK but the processor was a bit shaky not well fitted so I replaced the processor correctly and then powered it on It detected the change I made and asked what system settings it should load I chose the default CPU settings in a haste I didn't read that message well unfortunately It showed the error message that Windows wasn't shutdown properly I chose to load Windows normally Chkdsk did a disk check disk passed and it started quot Replacing invalid security ID with default security ID quot It then started booting quot Starting Windows quot and the next screen was just a blank black screen with the mouse cursor It's stopped here for hours I searched for solutions online and tried almost everything I could think of Repair with Windows installer bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot marking the disk active etc No success I cannot boot in any mode In an attempt to copy my files off the disk I tried Ubuntu and even installed a new Windows on an unallocated partition on the same disk The disk was not accessible and its original name has change from C to D This is how the disk structure was C contains the new Windows I just installed test D contains my previous Windows which used to be on the C E MB reserved system partition I tried granting admin permissions to the disk in the Security tab it found several errors and the operation did not succeed How can I get my Windows back

A:Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor

Thee first attempt should be a total dismantle and re-seat ... and then follow it:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302179-boot-starting-windows-then-stops-black-screen-active-cursor.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I need help and suggestions on what to do with this black screen crisis Mine is a little different that others so sorry if this is a repeated thread ive looked everywhere and no one has the issue when 7 Y560 windows in up logo" after Ideapad boot "black Lenovo screen they have dual boot laptop description I have dual boot on my laptop with windows ultimate bit and windows home premium bit the home premium came pre installed on the laptop and the ultimate version i installed later dual boot i needed some capabilities that home premium doesn't have Problem I cannot see anything on my screen after windows logo while booting up my laptop bcz of the black screen after the windows logo When i boot into WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM i hear windows logon screen notification noise but see nothing oddly Lenovo Ideapad Y560 "black screen in boot up after windows 7 logo" enough even my built in webcam logs me in with VeriFace software with my face passwordless ALSO my laptop boots fine with windows ultimate and i can see everything and it works great i need the other version to WORK cause my life is in that other version of windows i cannot factory restore What i have tried the keyboard is also unresponsive bcz i held down a bunch of keys to see if it makes the beep noise I closed the laptop lid to see if it goes into hibernation and waited mins to see if it still does so that when i open it i can see everything it has worked before nothing i rebooted a bunch of times even with a second screen attached tried to guess switch into projector mode with my function key and switch screen projector button i have also done a power cycle i think the registry is screwed or maybe the graphics card drivers are ruined have not done a registry repair through the other windows version doing that next i have defragged both partitions for both of the windows versions through the one that works What may have caused it the last time i used home premium i rebooted so that i can use the ultimate version for the extra capabilities i was not watching and it booted up in home premium and the built in cam is so fast that i merely looked at the laptop and it logged me in i was being unpatient bcz you have to wait for the lenovo programs to load before you can restart so i forced shut down very bad idea by holding the power button and booted up in ultimate finally while watching This is first time i've done this mistake which has now left my laptop half usable now i want to use the home premium version but this black screen is happening after the windows logo

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y560 "black screen in boot up after windows 7 logo"

Sounds like a corrupted file system, so try running chkdsk.

How to run System File Checker (SFC) or chkdsk from the Recovery ConsoleBoot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run SFC or chkdskIf you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above).

Let either run to completion undisturbed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254706-lenovo-ideapad-y560-black-screen-boot-up-after-windows-7-logo.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Sat watching SkyGo and the screen freezes I couldn't click anything or restart the computer I powered down and when I turned it on I get a black screen with operating system not found I have read a few threads with support but I am really struggling to follow them A few bit of information that will help though from what I have read I don't have a windows disk it came already installed I have downloaded partition wizard bootable CD as suggested in another thread but not Vaio Black screen- "operating system Sony found" VPCEH I don't know how to boot it up on my broken machine The disk doesn't read I still get the black screen I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably lose all my data and need a new hard drive but I'm willing to try everything and anything before going down that route as I really can't afford to buy anything for a month or so and my laptop is essential to my job Please help and be as condescending and patronising as possible I'm not ashamed to admit I'm way out of my depth here Thanks

A:Black screen- "operating system not found" Sony Vaio VPCEH

Oh and when I f2 it on start up the screen says Hard Disk Drive- None

Has it completely gone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320817-black-screen-operating-system-not-found-sony-vaio-vpceh.html
Relevancy 83.85%

After browsing through many of the threads here I "WINLOGON.EXE option boot error: - work Black after Bad Screen Image" no - XP have decided to post my own as I am unable to come to any conclusions MSI Pentium GHz x GB HD Maxtor x MD DDR- It won t boot at XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" all - none of the F boot options work which I have tried several times after recieving the following error Dialog Box Heading WINLOGON EXE - Bad Image Message not exactly c windows WnSxS xxxxxxxxxWindows Common Controlsxxxxxxxxxxxx - bad image I have used the Recovery Console to browse around a bit to see if I can trace what happened find suspisious files looking XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" at log files etc Nothing All attempts to boot all boot options result in the same situation the regular WinXP load screen appears then it turns black mouse appears and there I sit waiting for the login screen I am still able to move mouse but no other actions have any effect I have had the machine for years and never had any serious issues and I have kept drivers and Xp updated except I haven t installed SP yet Thanks for anything that might help PS Reinstall is not an option yet TROND nbsp

A:XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-black-screen-no-boot-option-work-after-error-winlogon-exe-bad-image.277540/
Relevancy 83.85%

turned computer on and started up to black screen. On this page was computer error options restart from safe mode an so on. whatever mode i try to start it in nothin happens. Then after few seconds double white line appears on bottom of monitor. This fills white but takes time then reboots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-2000-wont-load-pass-black-mode-screen.498951/
Relevancy 83.85%

"Appcrash", and "General Fault" when loading various warez. I have been getting these often. Some adobe software. Older games like Diablo II. The list goes on and on, I just don't remember which software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/appcrash-and-general-fault-when-loading-various-warez-266191.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello there when the desktop loads up I get this strange message quot Open With Choose the program you want to use to open this file File Media quot Does anyone have any ideas why I have a screenshot of the programs which run at startup I have a HiJackThis log With: ?" bit, 7 32 when "Open Media" up comes Windows loading "File: if it helps Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C Program Files Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Media Centre AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system mspaint exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO RoboForm BHO - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Bing Bar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll - - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext d... Read more

A:Windows 7 32 bit, when loading "Open With: ?" "File: Media" comes up

There must be an error with one of the startup settings.
Please use Autoruns by Sysinternals/Microsoft to see more info about Programs loading with your system.
Pay attention to Logon tab.

Looks like for some reason it is trying to load a folder as a file. "Media" is a part of a folder path.
Try to uncheck all values,where Media is a part of the path.

Also, please check for viruses with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Download
or Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165917-windows-7-32-bit-when-loading-open-file-media-comes-up.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Dell Inspiron M nbsp I had Windows installed and working perfectly but i wanted to install Windows i tried a fresh install first also tried to upgrade from windows Every thing installs fine but when it reboots for the first time the windows logo comes up and nbsp quot on Devices Windows When 8.1 Ready" Black "Getting M5030 Screen Inspiron Dell Installing Getting Devices Ready quot nbsp Then the screen goes black Ive tried -To let is sit for awhile to see if it would come back and i get nothing after hours nbsp -I plugged in Dell Inspiron M5030 Black Screen When Installing Windows 8.1 on "Getting Devices Ready" a Monitor with no response also tried to close the lid to put to sleep and does go to sleep -I shut it down and nbsp tried to boot to Safe Mode but it says nbsp Windows can not boot to safe mode because windows installation has not finished I can boot to my windows repair and go to the recovery command prompt but dont know what to do It seems like a video driver problem the laptop has a AMD Radeon HD if thers any why to install the driver before Getting devices ready Please Help nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron M5030 Black Screen When Installing Windows 8.1 on "Getting Devices Ready"

I had the same problem and did this and it worked with no problem....The idea is to slipstream the updated drivers into the ISO/DVD. The drivers that came with the W8.1 DVD dont work well as I was getting the BSOD upon install.
1. Download Winreducer and install all 3rd party software it requires.  Look in the howto.pdf
2. Download the latest AMD Catalyst Drivers from AMD's site (not beta).  Listed as Windows 8 drivers i think.  
3. Extract the files to temp dir.
4. Copy the files/drivers from the temp dir (packages\drivers\display\w86a_inf) and the sub dir (B149756) to the winreducer drivers dir (work\integrate\drivers\x64).  So in the x64 dir you should have the cats, msi, infs, and the b149756.
5.  Run winreducer.  Make sure you have handy an iso of the Windows 8.1 DVD.
6.  After you mount your iso, you will be taken to the options and features screen.  You will see presets, appearance, features....on the top.   Leave all options alone EXCEPT the drivers location under System.  Change that to x\WORK\INTEGRATE\DRIVERS\x64.  Dont forget to change the x to your proper location.
7.  Click finish.  Save as iso. Apply.  It will save the modified iso into the winreducer folder.  
8.  Burn and install.  
9. After you are done installing, install the FULL driver package you downloaded in step 2 by running the setup.exe in main dir.
10.  Thank me LOL

That worked for me on an Inspiron M5030.  I hope my answer is detailed enough.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19535311
Relevancy 83.85%

first of all, the problem we are having is not with the monitor, as we have just checked it and it works fine on another computer, so, that being said, here is our problem.

when we turn the computer on it begins to boot up, goes into the Windows welcome screen, then the screen flicks off (even shows the orange light like the monitor is not working) and it displays the message "burn in mode". This message is in a blue box and the rest of the screen is black.

If we turn the computer off and try again, the exact same thing happens.

sorry, I am not technical, so this was the best way I could describe what was happening.

hope someone can help

A:"burn in mode" on black monitor screen

Some motherboards have a "burn in" option. What is really happening is that the fsb [front side bus] is being overclocked by 5-10%

Have you tried to enter the bios and set defaults?

Has this always happened or was some hardware / software added or removed?

Is this a custom build or is it a mfg computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-in-mode-on-black-monitor-screen.348453/
Relevancy 83.85%

this problem is intermittant and might be something that just goes away.

after full virus/trojan scans,i still have this unusual problem that occurs intermittancely.

when i press the shift key,my computer freezes or goes to a blue screen,either way ,i have to reboot by the opower switch(alt-contorl-del-doesnt work

A:pressing "shift" key ending in black screen...

Sounds like a conflict with some type of program that relies on a keyboard hook. Look for any mulimedia keyboard software, spellcheck software, macro software, or keylogger that may be running. If nothing else, go here download startuplist and post the results and we can tell you what can be removed without problems. http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pressing-shift-key-ending-in-black-screen.131395/
Relevancy 83.85%

Great board you have here I could use a little advice and will try to describe my issue clearly I have a PC about three years old or so with K S A mobo not sure on rev number with AMD processor and a gig of ddr ram Yesterday out of nowhere when I turned on the system it started powering up i e you could see led lights on hd cd and cdrw as well as hear fans the nothing It did not make it to the first quot beep quot and monitor went into powersaving mode I threw in a music cd several "black up issues and Boot screen" random times after this to see if it was just monitor or Boot up and random "black screen" issues vid card but no music Since it didnt make it to first beep I am thinking it didnt boot up and is beyond a video issue I took off the cover and blew out good with air etc The pc booted up Now the pc will run for hours at times or other time may not boot or may boot and then just quicly die to the aforementioned condition I also ran the MS supplied memtest boot diagnostic which indicated no memory issues The powersupply is only a month or so old and when this issue occurs there is actual power as again I see the led and can even open the cd Last thing I can think of to mention is that for the life of the pc I have had an occasional checksum error during bootup that then requires me to go in an reset values in the bios has happened since I bought it and never been an issue beyond a pain in the Any advice appreciated I am guessing I must have either a cpu or mobo issue but I am far from a hardware expert nbsp

A:Boot up and random "black screen" issues

I will add a few more facts. The OS is Win98(lol I know i need to upgrade.

The condition can occur either with pc cold ( first thing in morning) or may happen after its been running four hours which would lead me to believe its not temp related.

When I originally took covers off to check problems wiggling the cpu fan made the pc shutdown although the fan was running

The fan is running when the condition occurs

The power supply is a few months old and worked fine. It is a 400W Works ps

I have made no changes to system or software.

The power supply is the third one in four years..

jUst random facts but thought they might help someone hlp me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-up-and-random-black-screen-issues.23443/
Relevancy 83.85%

on my other computer, a DELL Inspiron 620, I was trying to install the cd software for a wireless network adapter. I got an error so it said to unplug the wireless adapter, remove the CD and reboot and try again. After I rebooted, it quickly shows a screen with 4 swirling balls and says "windows resuming", then that flashes off and the screen goes black and stays black. An hour prior to this my computer was working completely fine, I don't know what could have caused this issue! Hopefully you can help me. Also, it is running Windows 7, and I can't seem to find the disk, I'm not sure it actually came with one when I bought it from Dell?

A:on reboot "windows resuming" but black screen

Hi skinnypuppy23,

Try this workaround...

Turn off the Computer > restart the PC continually tapping the F8 Key > this will bring up a screen with various options; such as, Safe Mode; Last Known good Configuration, and others.
Select Last known Good Configuration; then, allow the computer to reboot.
Upon reboot, all should be 'normal'.
Post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/on-reboot-windows-resuming-but-black-screen-689038.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Ok Well i didnt see what happend my brother was useing the computer but he said it flashed something about a trojen and then restarted When it restarts it loads like it has a problem so i have to click start windows normally i've tryed all safe mode opitions load. Xp Wont Windows Screen" "Black it loads shes xp load screen then when it goes to load the desk top its just a black screen no buttons do anything nor does right clicking its like it stops loading and just sits at this black screen now in safe mode it has the normal things all around it like Safe mode windows xp what build it is and that stuff but the screen is still black and not doing anything at all I dont have my Hp recovery disks and i think if i did i could just run a repair recovery but i dont have them Please help its the best comp Windows Xp Wont load. "Black Screen" i have the one i'm using is like windows haha help please and thank Windows Xp Wont load. "Black Screen" you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-xp-wont-load-black-screen-343620.html
Relevancy 83.85%

WinXP SP-2: Motherboard was replaced by certified repair shop. Now, intermittently the computer freezes up showing a black screen covered with small blue colored "checkered" boxy forms. Rebooting using Last Known Configuration restores service. Could black/blue screen simply be showing a degraded "blue screen of death"? .More importantly, any ideas on what might be the cause of the freeze up? Thanks in advance. Oz

A:Weird black and blue "checkered" screen

Take it back to the repair shop asap and tell them to fix it. If you wait too long they will not take responsibility for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-black-and-blue-checkered-screen-218314.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello,
I have an Acer aspire 5745DG with H2O Insyde bios (if that's correct).
About 2 days ago I left it hibernating. Today I started it up and after the Acer boot screen (where you can press f2 to go to boot settings), I got a black screen with two letter "Y"-s and that flashing cursor/line/underscore. Then it restarts and after the same thing happens, it freezes and it doesn't do anything.

I have tried to get windows safe mode by pressing f8 but after the letter Y-s come up it just gives off a loud beep.

Any help is very much appreiciated.

A:Windows won't start up after "YY" is displayed over black screen

It seems you had similar problems last month when you received excellent advice for Gregrocker that it does not appear you took. How did you resolve the last problem as you left no feedback?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243074-windows-wont-start-up-after-yy-displayed-over-black-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I started successfully my Windows 7+SP1 with newest patches
and can work normally.

Then I turn off my TFT monitor (not the running computer).
Win7 continues to work (as hard disc LED indicator and remote control tools prove).

Later I try to turn on my monitor again.
But much to my surprise the screen stays dark.
Just a moving indicator tells me now "No input signal".

Whats worng?

On a WinXP and another WIndows 7 computer (all with the same monitor) everything works fine. The desktop is shown again after returning to on.
So the hardware is not damaged.
I always have to reboot again to re-show the Windows desktop.

As far as I can rememeber in the first time the Win7 in focus system works as well but then I must have changed some settings.

I am using a motherboard with a core-i5 and H67 chipset with built-in graphic processor. So I have no separate graphic card.

Peter

A:After monitor off + on: "No imput signal" + black screen

It is likely to be the power settings for your monitor:

Press Start:
Type in the 'Search Programs and Files' box "Power Options" (without the " ").

Select the Power Options link offered in the list.
Then, 'Change when the computer sleeps' and from the drop-down menu for your monitor choose 'Never'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/159056-after-monitor-off-no-imput-signal-black-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm sure this isn't a new problem or new post asking about that But I still make this post because Windows "Welcome" black 7 with after slowly screen boots every solution I tried didn't work Symptom My Windows bit boots slowly with a long Welcome screen then a black screen with cursor for about Windows 7 boots slowly with black screen after "Welcome" - seconds and the wallpaper with icons appears Video YouTube System infomation Asus K A Intel Ghz Intel HD Not many softwares Office is the biggest software I installed Used solutions - Remove start-up programs - Update drivers and windows system BIOS - Run cleaning tool for partition C - Run defragment tool - Scan virus malware with Panda and MBAM To make sure this is a software problem related to system I install another Windows on the same laptop different partition It has many programs Photoshop VirtualBox taking more space than the first Windows This Windows boots much faster without disabling startup programs and services Also It hasn't been updated regularly even drivers This windows just has drivers from It seems silly but I have to say that can be explained To check what happens in booting these two windows I use boot log Bootlog in my first Windows Slow boot kb txt file in the seconds Windows Fast boot kb In bootlog of the slow booting OS many lines say quot Did not load driver quot in fast-booting os just a little So now I think the root cause is drivers which are loaded in booting proccess And notice that I have re-installed updated the drivers on slow-booting Windows many times but in fast-booting one I just installed one time the old version So maybe many drivers files are exccess or causing something wrong or anything i dont know But now I think it's definitely because many quot did not load driver quot Boot log on slow booting OS ntbtlog slow boot Drivers list on slow booting OS Drivers Slow boot txt - Google Drive Boot log on fast booting OS ntbtlog fast boot txt - Google Drive So what can I do if I dont want to do a clean installation Windows I'm a technical user so you can answer with advanced techniques I just want to do anything if possible to optimize OS without re-installing it Thanks for your comments Post on Microsoft community Windows boots slowly with black screen after quot Welcome quot - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402484-windows-7-boots-slowly-black-screen-after-welcome.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Gateway with XP went to this screen and wont start after mouse was unplugged and replugged. It offers start in safe mode, Last known configuration and start windows normally. All come back to this screen. What can I do? Start from bios maybe?

A:"Windows did not start successfully" Black Screen, help!?!

If it was a PS/2 mouse that you unplugged while the machine was on, you may have blown the board. What does the screen say?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-did-not-start-successfully-black-screen-help.606167/
Relevancy 83.85%

When i start up my computer it boots up flashing Click to expand I once left it for over minutes to see if it would Black " Cursor _ " Solved: Blinking Screen, boot and it just kept flashing but when i turn it off from the switch and pull the plug out and put the plug back in Solved: Black Screen, Blinking Cursor " _ " and turn it back on its ok How do i fix this has it got something to do with startup services When i do an avast Full scan Quick scan it does not detect anything how do i know i might have a hidden virus I have attachment below Only Picture Video is Here http img imageshack us img gixv mp its seconds EDIT now i have Bluescreen added image Video here http img imageshack us img l h mp The Bluescreen says PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Technical information STOP X XC EC x E FEAD x OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer WG M Antivirus avast Solved: Black Screen, Blinking Cursor " _ " Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

I'm running a generic Acer laptop Windows home premium Fresh Install about results screen in black User" "Switch months ago I am now working from home and had to create a quot work quot profile call it profile- I just created a secondary profile and named it quot work quot there is nothing really special about it other than I had to install some proprietary software in order to access the company website along with modifying a few settings to allow access through firewall UAC etc however this software settings will work for all profiles it is not profile specific Now If I am in my quot normal quot profile profile- and I go to Start gt gt Switch User the pc pauses that profile and gives me the screen with all the user profiles However if I am in profile- and Start gt gt Switch User it results in a black screen which requires me "Switch User" results in black screen to hold power button and do a hard shut-down and restart also clicking shutdown from profile- ends the same way stuck on black screen requiring hard-shutdown It only happens when in profile- profile- works perfect in every way Windows can I know it has something to do with the company software settings and that might require me to access the company help desk but that is such a pain and I figure I'm not the first person to have this problem so I thought I would give you guys a shot at solving it first So if anyone has any ideas or if "Switch User" results in black screen you need more information please let me know Thanks in advance

A:"Switch User" results in black screen

Can you Log Off and Log back onto any other profile with no problem? That may need to suffice.

Check for infection, spyware, System File Integrity, try another AV to compare (frequent solution), establish a Clean Boot for all Users, cull logs to resolve repeat errors and the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350051-switch-user-results-black-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

It just happened out of the blue. I just got the computer in november. Please someone help me. I cant reboot it wont go passed this screen. It dont have a cd rom or anything like that

A:Black screen saying "setup is starting services"

Hello and welcome FL2013 first what screen are you referring to? as you have no pics of it in the post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277894-black-screen-saying-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello people.

I have a Laptop Fujitsu Esprimo Mobile D9510 most of the time I never shut it down, i use the hibernate mode. Some times when i turn it on from hibertane i get a blue screen or the screen goes black and i need to power shutdown the laptop.

I have updated drivers, check RAM and HDD for errors, no luck yet...
Dumps in attachments
Can someone help me?

Thanks

A:BSOD or "Black Screen" after wake from sleep

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293448-bsod-black-screen-after-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there I m not exactly sure where to post my problem question so I thought I d try here since it s kind of a general category Here is the problem "resuming screen issues followed by Black windows" I am experiencing First a little background I m running an HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC purchased in November Have experienced no problems up until the past couple of weeks I use the computer primarily for personal photo Black screen followed by "resuming windows" issues editing and digital scrapbooking I run Windows Vista Home Black screen followed by "resuming windows" issues premium -bit OS have a GB hard drive and GB of RAM I also want to note that I have cell battery which by virtue of its size keeps the laptop propped up at all times so it is well ventilated Not more than two weeks ago I was working in photoshop editing some photos when the screen went completely black I lost my internet connection the touch light board on the top the keyboard was still lit - the fan was still running and for all intents and purposes the computer was quot on quot except that the screen was off and I couldn t get it to wake up - not by attempting to move the mouse do a hard shut down etc Eventually I pushed the power button again and the screen quot woke up quot and I got the quot resuming windows quot screen for a minute or two then everything was back to how it was before the black-out Same programs open no data lost etc I assumed at the time that perhaps my computer had overheated because I was using it on my lap at the time not my desk so it wasn t ventilating as well I blew it off as a fluke Then it happened again a few days later and again and again And two times today I can t seem to find any similarity to the instance when it has happened - sometimes it s on my lap sometimes on my desk Sometimes it s after I ve been working for hours or this morning it was when I first started up the computer and was trying to check my e-mail I m not sure if this is an overheating issue a hardware issue or if I just have a lemon computer here in any case I m hoping for some direction as to what it might be if it s possible for me to fix it how to do that and if not direction as to what to do about it I appreciate any help you can offer me Thanks Danielle Roe email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-followed-by-resuming-windows-issues.821514/
Relevancy 83.85%

Attempted to run chkdsk after Windows Update failed. When I restarted computer to run chkdsk, I got the black screen with the flashing "_". No pointer, if I push crtl, alt, delete, it just attempts to reboot. No other key does anything. I have removed the battery, unplugged the computer, but still get the same results. I am unable to get any boot options when pressing F8. Unable to boot from Repair disk, either. Ran diagnostics in F12, which showed all fine. What should I do next? I have no way of getting to any of my desktop.

A:Windows won't boot,flashing "_" black screen

It sounds like your hard drive is failing or has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-boot-flashing-_-black-screen.1030697/
Relevancy 83.85%

Black screen of death is when everything seems fine you are taken to the login screen as usual but after login the screen fades of death", Blue's cousin "Black screen to black forever I have been experiencing this problem lately Browsing "Black screen of death", Blue's cousin the internet I see that this isnt something only I experience According to various websites this can be caused by viruses malware adware spyware Windows update which messes up the registry which in turn prevents the screen from fading back from black Graphics drivers Your monitor's Hz settings Option is out of the question as I have ran virtually every antivirus and anti spyware out there before and after the problem My system is as clean as it can be I am now in Safe mode posting this "Black screen of death", Blue's cousin message The problem isn't present in safe mode and I "Black screen of death", Blue's cousin have ran all the antivirus spyware programs again in safe mode nothing is found I have also reinstalled Windows after I encountered this problem the first time but the problem appeared again today when I restarted my PC I have run several registry cleaners and it seems like Option is out of the question as well Also I have had Updates turned off for more than a month now so this simply couldn't be caused by an update and the updates mentioned in those websites are from Nov Option and might actually be the cause I also have Ubuntu installed and after this incident I get an error at Ubuntu startup that my video settings are set to low quality or something like that I can post the whole message if you want I have never been notified of such a problem before this incident This leads me to believe that its caused either by an automatic driver update which im not familiar of or its caused of some program video games I used changing the screens Hz or some screen setting which by the way I cant change Hz in Safe mode to anything This are of course random guesses I would like to know if you guys have had a similar issue and if you have found a cure I could reinstall windows and then spend another hour reinstalling my software and then another one copying my files from an external drive if I knew the problem would be gone BUT I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT and I got the same problem again Please help me im in Safe Mode now and can't go on with my daily PC usage its just ridiculous EDIT Another option is this is caused by BIOS as Ubuntu gives a warning as well I havent done ony changes to the BIOS though

A:"Black screen of death", Blue's cousin

Bump.
i feel like in stone age without my pc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135046-black-screen-death-blues-cousin.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey guys,

I tried booting up my PC which has Windows 8 installed and it was working fine until yesterday.

It has a "Enter Password" screen upon start-up and I think it's a virus because it only lets me enter 10 characters and even though, I do put in the correct password, it still says it's incorrect. The computer also shuts down after 3 unsuccessful attempts.

I have attached a picture of the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:"Enter Password" black screen login

I found out the issue is a BIOS password. I'm looking into making a HirensBootCD to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51772-enter-password-black-screen-login.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I a options" screen "failure security black on - box have a box in the center of my screen quot Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog quot titlebar quot "failure - security options" box on a black screen Failure - Security Options quot message area There is an quot ok quot button in the box I have an arrow and can move it Otherwise the screen is solid black - no desktop no taskbar What I was doing I was prompted to restart after updating pc tools firewall from v to v Restart was normal Desktop looked fine I waited for the typical new firewall type things notifications permissions etc A few moments later a horizontal yellow bar appeared just above the system tray like a window with only the titlebar and no text After about minutes of nothing by me or the computer I double clicked the firewall icon in the tray Nothing Right clicked the same icon Nothing Right clicked the taskbar - Clicked task manager Nothing Clicked start gt programs gt quot pc tools quot folder When I clicked the folder icon the cursor changed from an arrow to quot working quot and stayed that way - the folder did not open - minutes later cursor was still a clock working and I could not click anything The yellow bar was still there The start menu still open On the keyboard I pressed the windows key Nothing I went to the power button Press and release Nothing Press and release again Nothing Press and hold Restart Again the restart seemed normal Desktop came back up and looked normal Yellow bar reappears I waited a couple minutes before trying to open the firewall task manager etc Nothing for a moment Then my screen went to solid black and the box popped up Computer Compaq Presario SR WM OS Vista Home Premium Thanks in advance for your help Michele

A:"failure - security options" box on a black screen

Hi Michele, welcome to TSF..

have you tried uninstalling the software from your computer? A clean install of PC Tools firewall may help??

Also, I have seen this problem on other forums and one possible fix is to disable Windows Defender if it is currently enabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failure-security-options-box-on-a-black-screen-282733.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Recently my computer has been taking ages to start up and quite crashing and "City computer sixth" body frequently freezing during the statup procedure forcing me to turn it off let it cool down and boot back up It "City body sixth" and computer crashing also has a tendancy to run very slowly when it does successfully start up which is most noticeable when listning to music as the tracks will skip and distort My computer will also occasionally freeze while running seemingly when I try and run a number fo things at once The only thing I can relate to this problem is the process 'city body sixth' which is ever present in the startup section of my msconfig Whenever I dsiable this process in the statup section of msconfig it always comes back again reenabled the next time I boot up my PC No anti-virus or anti-spyware program has been able to pick up or remove this problem This morning I decided to run a spyware check to remove any spyware then run HijackThis to see if you could help me sort this problem out My log file is posted below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs Wrapper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs jre bin java exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Inventel Gateway wlancfg exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Shareaza Shareaza exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gxhctnegowmawsapyxrzsohvf su BUO j htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www irqizyjhfdaxwopombb com R rBq SLPE cgi O - Hosts sandbox norman no O - Hosts www pandasoftware com O - Hosts uk trendmicro-europe com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FE BE - - BF - C -F CD DD F - C DOCUME comet APPLIC CREATI Newhelp exe file missing O - Toolbar Wanadoo - B D- FD- -B C- A F EE - C PROGRA Wanadoo WSBar WSBar dll file missing O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe O - HKLM Run serpe C WINDOWS system serbw exe O - HKLM Run save dale slow road C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AimSendSaveDale eggsplus exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - H... Read more

A:"City body sixth" and computer crashing

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that there aren't any any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.
Launch Ewido & click Update from the left pane
Then click on Start Update.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido.

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT your computer from the Internet when you have finished downlaoding.
It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.gxhctnegowmawsapyxrzsohvf...su2BUO3_0j.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.irqizyjhfdaxwopombb.com/R..._/rBq_SLPE.cgi
O1 - Hosts: 64.233.167.104 sandbox.norman.no
O1 - Hosts: 64.233.167.104 www.pandasoftware.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.233.167.104 uk.trendmicro-europe.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9FE8BE25-3889-7BF8-3C64-F10CD76DD32F} - C:\DOCUME~1\comet\APPLIC~1\CREATI~1\Newhelp.exe (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Wanadoo - {8B68564D-53FD-4293-B80C-993A9F3988EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\Wanadoo\WSBar\WSBar.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [serpe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\serbw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [save dale slow road] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AimSendSaveDale\eggsplus.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV_Update] C:\NAV_Update.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Manager inter book 1] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\twocoalmanagerinter\Sect 1.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [plan keep] C:\DOCUME~1\comet\APPLIC~1\ONLINE~1\City body sixth.exe
O4 - Global Startup: AdwareFilter Background Protection.lnk = C:\Program Files\AdwareFilter\AdwareFilter.exe

* * * * * * RESTART WINDOWS IN SAFE MODE * * * * * * * * * *

1. Restart your computer
2. After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4. Select the option to run Windows in Safe Mode.

* * * * * * UN-INSTALLING PROGRAMS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and uninstall the following programs: AdwareFilter
Please note any other programs that you dont recognize in that list in your next response

* * * * * * DELETING FILES/FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you have not done so already, please enable the viewing of Hidden files
From Windows Explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Tick - 'Show hidden files and folder'
Untick - 'Hide file extensions for known types'
Untick - 'Hide protected operating system files'
Click Yes to confirm & then click OK
Locate and delete the following files/folders: (let me know if you fail to find/delete any) C:\Documents and Settings\comet\APPLIC~1\CREATI~1\
C:\WINDOWS\system32\serbw.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AimSendSaveDale\
C:\NAV_Update.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\twocoalmanagerinter\
C:\Documents and Settings\comet\APPLIC~1\ONLINE~1\
C:\Program Files\AdwareFilter\

Click on the Start button & select Run
Type in tasks & click Ok
In the ensuing window, c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/city-body-sixth-and-computer-crashing-89446.html
Relevancy 83.42%

nbsp I m having a problem where it says quot Display driver stopped working and has recovered quot nbsp I see where several others have posted about this but I m unable to locate a fix here or reply to other similar posts for some strange reason nbsp I have a month old Inspiron laptop runing Windows driver & recovered" Inspiron leaving black screen. stopped "Display has 10. 5559 Win working Home x The problem occurs intermittently nbsp when I go to the tomshardware com forums nbsp It occurs most often with Firefox version but it also happens with IE nbsp It happens usually after I post a note there then click the back arrow a couple of times to go back to the listing of all the posts nbsp Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. According to Device Manager I have version nbsp When I tell it to Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. scan for an updated version it says I already have the most current driver for the Intel HD graphics nbsp Please advise how I can get rid of this problem nbsp Thank Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. you

A:Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10.

I have the same issue with Inspiron 7559. But, not just in web browsing. It happens in Word, Peachtree, etc. So, my thoughts are the problem is a Windows 10 display driver issue, which should be fixed by a driver update provided by the manufacturer. I did a system scan on Dell Support Assistant (thy actually are run every week) and my system has the latest drivers, according the DSA. Get on the stick, Dell. Interesting thing is, it doesn't show up in the System Events in the Dell Support Assistant software - not even as an "info" point. It's like Dell is ignoring the Windows error.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681166
Relevancy 82.99%

PLZ help I was reinstalling drivers for the nvidia system on the board msi k n Delta and the vid card is also nvidia fx and buzzing right along somewhere along in the process I was looking at the video resolutions and I believe this is of "Black" Solved: screen death where I messed up I think I changed the resolution to Now when I boot up I get a black screen Following a parallel line of a previous post lost but guided to michaelstevenstech com repair article I used the xp cd run repair install and one Solved: "Black" screen of death time after min got back into safe Solved: "Black" screen of death mode where I eventually got lost checking things out and re-booted Now I cannot get a quot seeable quot screen up Tried the install disk etc black screen Can hear it run get sounds just cannot get to where I can see to change the settings The error mssg I get upon boot up is quot OUT OF RANGE quot then goes black BTW was reinstalling drivers because of blurry downloaded pics in everything could not tell what they were and used the msi flash utility on the board ANY help GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hey everyone!

I have a problem that has occurred a few times before, but has happened around 5 times tonight.

I'm browsing around, and all of a sudden my screen will flash "black" or perhaps go blank. All black, nothing there. This lasts one second or less, and then reverts back to normal. No slowdowns as this occurs.

Not sure what, if any info from my system would be helpful in diagnosis, but will provide whatever.

If anyone knows a fix for this or can lend some insight I would be mightily appreciative of your time and effort.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys I think I have messed this up quite a bit But here goes from the beginning I had linux and windows on dual boot with grub as the bootloader I then as a complete pillock decided to get rid of ubuntu by formatting deleting that partition from within windows boot Upon 1: "MBR Black says get I _" screen a which flashing Now next time I restarted my computer I got a black screen saying Grub no partition found OWTTE I then instead of reaching for the windows CD Upon boot I get a flashing Black screen which says "MBR 1: _" straightaway tried Rescatux And tried to use it to restore windows MBR I basically did this Restore Windows MBR - YouTube And after that upon starting my laptop I now just get a blank screen with quot MBR quot and a flashing cursor but i cant type anything I then tried the windows usb When I click repair my computer it came up saying repair and restart or something and I agreed Now when I restarted it still said quot MBR quot however when consequently booted from the usb it this time booted me into my windows installation So I can only get in with this USB in Once in I also noticed that there is a new partition called quot Local Disk quot It contains two folders quot Recovery and SOURCES quot I have since made another windows USB my other one is my key into the system however when I get it to search for existing installations it can't find one Sorry for the long explanation But I am at my end here I really dont Upon boot I get a flashing Black screen which says "MBR 1: _" know what else to do Thank you so much for all your help

A:Upon boot I get a flashing Black screen which says "MBR 1: _"

Exactly that's why it is repeatedly advised to not install Linux in the same HDD with windows.

Can you post a screenshot of your maximized disk management window and the msconfig window's boot tab ?

It is to check if GRUB is still there as a partition, say swap, and which partition is active .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207142-upon-boot-i-get-flashing-black-screen-says-mbr-1-_.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Apparently I have accidently run nothing but Help! Black opened Screen with "My Document"! an exe file that has spyware virus in it and now I'm in big trouble Please help What Happened I ran exe file Slow and lag my laptop the exe file is gone somehow Reset computer by unplugged the cable Help! Black Screen with nothing but opened "My Document"! It was so laggy that it was impossible to reset via normal way After reset could not access safe mode stuck at cracksys or something normal way boot everything's gone black no taskbar or desktop only one window is shown My Document Found and deleted Window Pro Anti Virus Some programs are accessible MS word etc some are not Malwarebytes Spyware doctor media-related programs IE and Firefox are usable Window Task Manager is openable Edit Cannot access firefox as well No log because couldn't open any security-related programs Note When I try to open the programs that I cannot open the command prompt with each program name opened for - seconds and gone What is the meaning of this Please help me If you need anymore info from me I'd answer your question if I am able to Thank you in advance Links in search engine are being redirected

A:Help! Black Screen with nothing but opened "My Document"!

Cannot Edit my post, so I have to post a new one.

Apparently the "type explorer.exe in 'new task' in task manager" does not work! When I typed it, a command prompt window with the name "C:\Windows\system32\ntvdm.exe" appear instead of solving my problem. [ I found this way on Youtube and it apparently doesn't work....]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-black-screen-with-nothing-but-opened-my-document-406963.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, i'm trying to fix someone comp. can't F8, after the toshiba logo, the black screen appear.

I booted UBDC4win, went to command line to chkdsk/sfc snannow but couldn't. this is what i get : the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable
then, i booted hiren bootcd and opened gparted. I right clicked on the windows/boot and clicked information, this is what i get :

Thanks

A:can't boot, black screen with "_" flashing

I would suggest running the manufacturer diagnostics on the hard drive.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-boot-black-screen-with-_-flashing-648136.html