Windows Support Forum

Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478

Q: Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478

Hello all I m new here almost as new at poking around inside my computer at this point its nothing lost nothing gained I have read several hundred posts of others who also fell victim to these substandard machines An e machines label wont be on my desktop again even if its case is blotted out with whiteout Anyway enough rant I m here for your help I have an model T amd athlon failed board victim Unknowing emachine, 754/478 socket replacement, of power supply that took the motherboard with it originally a - bit Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 Mhz gb x machine msi MotherBoard I have looked at options and due to purpose or use of it I remain torn as to the best way to replace it seems Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 Cputopia com On Sale has a motherboard basic single core board processor and processor fan for a Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478 bit over a hundred dollars dependent on options selected they also have a box case processor board and power supply for around dependent upon how equipped while the power supply upgrade is at one page its at another No big deal about that Anyway my other option is to get a sole independent board with the same socket as my oem processor motherboard and reuse my Atlon Processor - HD - DVD-Cd and new windows program as such Now the crux of the problem is I have seen T quot s listed here and elsewhere as having come from the factory equipped as socket and processor as well as How do I know or how can I tell which one I have I need to compare performance of the T - socket to the Sempron quot its been suggested this Sempron also comes in a variety of speeds and cores some better some worse than the Atlon it is dependent on the encoded processor suffix quot No description of such is available with the advertised replacement board and case at cputopia and I certainly don t want to go down or backward in speed or performance There are no performance specs advertised with this Cputopia com replacement board case cpu fan or other optional parts available either essentially no sepec no matter what I buy of the sempron All replys will be appreciated my budget doesnt give me room for errors do it once and do it right the first time wish I had been this cautious when I bought the emachine but budget was not as bad as now come Halloween I m gonna put lipstick on it put it outside and call it a pig with a big emachine billboard Regards to all here Leo nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unknowing victim of emachine, board replacement, socket 754/478

Dude, get a grip. I know less about computers now than before I read your post.

I thought that socket 478 was Intel (Pentium Celeron), now I come to find out that it's AMD.

An AMD Sempron 3000 only comes in one speed, if it's another speed, then it has a different number.

All of the s*** you mention is beyond obsolete, so maybe it's time for a whole 'nuther computer. Please, I heartily suggest that you avoid attempting to build a machine, at least in your current state of mind.

I don't think that any of us here are really equipped to deal with the anxiety, angst, or incoherent and rambling thought patterns you have exhibited thus far, let alone what you're trying to pass off as sentence structure.

BTW, my Emachines T-5026 just reached its 5th birthday. If you'd like to check in and wish it many happy returns, (pun not intended), here's the link; http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic143315.html

I would argue that it is not really possible to be an "unknowing victim" of Emachines.

You bought it because it was cheap, cheap s*** breaks. So where's the surprise, the mystery, or the unpredictability?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknowing-victim-of-emachine-board-replacement-socket-754-478.143436/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have an Emachine T-3092 and need to replace mother board and CPU potentially due to a failure. Have not replace one before. Need to know suggested motherboard as I could not find it on E-Machine website. Thanks.

A:Emachine T3092 Mother Board Replacement

You will most likely end up replacing everything except the case. Any ATX or mini-ATX board should fit. How many PCI slots do you have now? 3? The power supply should be changed while your at it... Just deside what processor and memory you want to use, and select a motherboard that will run it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t3092-mother-board-replacement.97673/
Relevancy 63.64%

If so, I'd like to know what you use and how you like it. I've just purchased a Sapphire X1900XTX and will need a new motherboard but I want to keep the Athlon 64 3200+ that I'm running (I know the arguments to go with 939, but right now, this is what I'm going with).

I've looked at Asus, Abit and Biostar....leaning toward the first two.

Thanks in advance.

A:Do Any of You Use a Socket 754 Board with PCI-E?

I would also tend to get an Asus, Abit or MSI before Biostar. Epox & Albatron also have PCI-e boards with a s754 interface but I've never used those.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-any-of-you-use-a-socket-754-board-with-pci-e.46064/
Relevancy 62.78%

Is there an AMD Socket 754 Motherboard with SLI technology.. i would love to combine my 6800 with 6600..and is it possible ....

If there is an AMD socket 754 board with sli technology can you guys recommand me a Good board..right now i have an MSI K8N neo Platinum

AMD athlon 3200+
2x 512 DDR
Nvidia Geforce6800
MS-7030

A:Need a 754 Socket Board with SLI technology

A few demonstration boards have been shown but they have yet to show up in retail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-754-socket-board-with-sli-technology.30546/
Relevancy 62.78%

What's the best Motherboard out right now that is 478 socket compatible?

I *had* a ABIT IC7-G MAX II...but it didn't seem to work so now Im in the market for something else.

My signature shows what im running.

A:The best 478 Socket Gaming Board...

Intel D865perl mobo and a Intel P4 3.0E (Prescott) is what I have. The grand kids beat the hell out of it with games, no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-478-socket-gaming-board.444506/
Relevancy 62.78%

Can't wait any longer as I've promised my old Abit NF7-S v2.0 board and overclocked 2100+ Tbred to someone at work for a reasonable price.

I'll probably change system again within a year (which this should last me) when BTX, DDR2 and PCI-e have matured.

Anyway the initial benchies I've seen with the 939 in single channel mode are quite on par with the larger cache 754 benchies.

Therefore I think I'm gonna get one of the following: (unless someone can suggest the best 754 board to get at the moment)

Abit KV8-Max 3
Asus K8VSE Deluxe
Epox 8HDA3+
Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP
MSI K8T Neo FIS2R

Recommendations please

A:Can't wait for 939, getting a socket 754 board. Which one???

That is quite odd as there is no Socket-939 Athlon64 with a SingleChannel memory controller scheduled ( & I've looked at the latest roadmaps ).

All Socket-939 chips will have a DualChannel memory controller & the only difference will be the L2 cache ( 512 for Athlon64 & 1MB for Athlon64-FX ) & so far the Athlon64-FX chips do not have a locked multiplier unlike the Athlon64.

If you're not too busy, have a read :

Generation Change: Eight Motherboards For The Athlon 64 @ Tomshardware

Socket754 Platform: 13 Mainboards Roundup @ Xbitlabs

If I should choose fro the boards you listed I would go for the Asus board ( but that's just me ). It's just a shame it doesn't have Gigabit ethernet which could certainly become very usefull in about a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-wait-for-939-getting-a-socket-754-board-which-one.12208/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all,

I have about 5 choices for motherboards here and all of them are within my budget. But all these mobos seem to have fairly the same reviews. So can you please help me decide? BTW I do plan to overclock my system.

- Gigabyte GA P55MUD3
- ASUS P7P55 D
- Intel DP55KG
- MSI P55 GD65
- Gigabyte GA P55M UD2

Thanks.

A:The Best LGA 1156 Socket board

Probably the MSI would offer the best all round feature set. All would offer basically the same stock performance.
I'm personally not a great fan of MSI, but that's because of personal experience with their P35/P45/680i and 780i boards. Haven't worked with a P55 based board as yet (too expensive in this part of the world) so as with the other choices I would seek out customer reviews as a basis for comparison in addition to published spec sheets and reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-best-lga-1156-socket-board.142077/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,I bought USB/AUDIO Board (partnumber 792769-001) for my HP wich has a M.2 socket.Wich M.2 interface is provided by this board - SATA M.2, PCIe M.2 or USB M.2 ?Thanks in advance for answer.

Solved!

View Solution.

A:M.2 socket on USB/AUDIO Board

None of the above. The socket is only for a WWAN card (cellular broadband like Verizon).   For use in models with WWAN 792769-001 If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M-2-socket-on-USB-AUDIO-Board/td-p/5839794
Relevancy 62.78%

My computer is no longer able to read all the RAM I have installed I currently have GB s installed but only GB is quot with advise Pls a socket. a board RMA'ing bad usable quot I ve swapped out sticks reseated the CPU and checked the BIOS The BIOS is only reading GB s Taking another look at the CPU socket I noticed a pin was not in place I called up EVGA and RMA'ing a board with a bad socket. Pls advise the Rep told me the RMA dept would have to look RMA'ing a board with a bad socket. Pls advise at it and depending on the extent of the damage they may have to charge me to fix it Basically one pin looks RMA'ing a board with a bad socket. Pls advise out of place I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this especially with EVGA Do you guys think they ll charge me I d hate to send it off for two weeks just to get charged especially considering it still works fine just can t read more than GB s of memory And if they do charge would anyone know about how much it would be nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

I want to buy an AMD Socket A MSI 6570E motherboard, so I downloaded the manual.

It has a ?Live BIOS Update? feature that accesses the web, but the manual doesn?t say if it updates the BIOS while you are online. Does anyone know if the BIOS is updated so that you don?t have to use the boot floppy disk method?

There is also an optional USB bracket called D-Bracket that has four LEDs that is used to diagnose system faults. The manual doesn?t say how it works. Do you install software that allows you to use it for diagnostics?

There is also a feature called ?Cooler XP? that makes the AMD Athlon processor run cooler. Again, the manual doesn?t say how this is accessed. Is it in the BIOS, or does it show in say the Windows Control Panel?

Eric,

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

A:Socket A m/board questions

my gigabyte board has a live bios update feature and it updates the bios while you are on line. then it reboots your computer.

dell computers use the diagnostic lights feature I kind of liked it. with dell there is no software included to runthe feature just an explanation of what the lights being on or off mean.

I would hope that the cooler Xp feature would be accessible fromt he control panel the usual method of "cooling" the cpu is to throttle it down in speed which is why I dont care for the feature.
hopefully it is an optional feature that you can chose not to intialize.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-a-m-board-questions.4602/
Relevancy 62.78%

i there i did have a asus a8n-e which has gone back to asus for rma
can you please reconmend a great mother board for £100.00 or less which is 939 socket and i have a 3700 processor,
cheers
iam currently using my dads laptop which is not good trying to use it on the floor,
pins and niddles ouch,
thanks inadvance.

A:mother board for Ā£100.00 or less 939 socket

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Socket_939_520.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-for-%C2%A3100-00-or-less-939-socket.494101/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am trying to locate a manualk that I may download ot get informnation on where I coonnect my cdrom what I have is a quot y quot adapter that connects both cdrom dvdroms to the same connector on my emachine on Need board assistanve mother motherboard I am not hearing anything from the cdrom dvdrom maybe I don t have the connection in the propee place but when I attach a sound card in a pci slot I have sound could some one please assist me I have the drivers for the on board sound installed What I have is the Micosoft media edition installed to seperate tracks and copy lp and cassettes to my computer what the Creative sound card does not have is the quot stereo mixer Need assistanve on emachine mother board quot option that Need assistanve on emachine mother board is what I need to seperate downloaded fulll albums from the net and seperate the tracks of the albums and help with these issues would be greatly appreciated email me with any inoformation you can assist me with nbsp

A:Need assistanve on emachine mother board

check the drives

Be sure that the drive at the top fo the IDE cable is set to "master" and the other (on the middle connector) is set to "slave." There are jumpers on the rear of each drive, and there should be letters engraved like: MA (master), SL (slave),CS (cable select), etc. Re-boot, and see if they are recognized properly.

Need more info on your sound card (model, etc.) to be able to help. And full system specs would be nice.

Welcome to Tech Spot!! :wave: :angel:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-assistanve-on-emachine-mother-board.44656/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello to all i read the above regarding emachines PSU and mobo and will take immediate action first tho my GB WD rpm HD is bad the machine lets me know upon start up stating S M A R T detected something hard drive failure eminent i also placed the drive into another comp as slave and the working comp recognized it as a bad drive so my questions are do i need to replace the HD with another GB drive i would be using the restore cd s provided by emachines is there a mobo out there that can be simply dropped in to replace a bad one does the rpm speed make a difference when replacing HD here are some of the specs directly from emachines website Chassis Chassis Nexgen MAIN FRAME Memory MEM DDR-RAM MB Max GB CPU CPU ATHLON XP P FSB K FDD Model FDD D M D HDD HDD GB rpm MB MB AU P CPU Fan Type FAN H S AMD P Power Supply PS WATT thanks in advance for your help and i apologize if these questions have been asked before thanks again nbsp

A:Emachine T-3025 HD replacement

1: 160 Gb or bigger
2: is the existing board failing? If you replace it with a different make, type or model your restore CD will not work properly.
3: more rpm means faster drive access = better performance. 10000 rpm is about 30% faster than a 7200 rpm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t-3025-hd-replacement.97173/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone,
Found this subject on the emachine motherboaerd on a search. Have a T2245 that the motherboard has gone bad. It's the imperail GL VE 20021218 mobo just wanting to know what would be the good replacement mobo would be for that. Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:Emachine motherboard replacement

Remember that the board you use must accept the CPU of the one in your failed eMachine board.
The hard drive is likely good, but the Windows on it will detect that the motherboard has changed, and then it will shut down. Sometimes the eMachines recovery disk will work if you run it in repair mode, or if you run a full new install, but usually not on that T2245 model. It is designed to seek out the code on the eeprom on the motherboard to verify that it is allowed to run a repair or install on the new equipment. So you may have to buy a new copy of Windows XP. Your memory will be good, but the power supply will not be good, or in the rare case when it is good, it may not have enough power for the new motherboard.
So expect to buy a new motherboard, a new CPU heatsink and fan, thermal paste, and a windows disk.
Or just buy a decent rebuilt Dell or HP or Gateway, and an external USB enclosure so you can rescue the data on the old eMachines drive and move it to the new or used drive. It will cost you less than the replacement board, power supply, and Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-motherboard-replacement.122258/
Relevancy 62.35%

Thank you all for your posts here and help.

A:eMachine motherboard replacement HELP Please?

Emachines suck!!
I have an emachines and the motherboard died when the power supply went out. I can not buy the exact motherboard from emachines. There for I lost all my data on my hard drive since emachines has a license agreement with windows that wont allow the windows that came with the machine to run with any other mothboard then the one it came with. Best thing for me to do and what I would suggest to you is take the parts you have and build another computer and buy your own windows CD. These billion dollor companies love stickin it to us.........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-motherboard-replacement-help-please.28715/
Relevancy 62.35%

bending pins. I am awaiting shipment of a Socket 939 AMD 64 4000 CPU from Newegg. I have had a problem in the past with pulling the CPU heat sink off the CPU on this particular motherboard. You cannot release the CPU clamp to release the CPU without taking off the heat sink. And because of the larger contact area between CPU and heat sink, it is impossible for me to pull the CPU fan without pulling the CPU, and thats with the clamp untouched. Unfortunately, this always results in bent CPU pins. Although I am replacing the CPU, I would like to keep the old 3200 functional for my grandson's machine. Any suggestions on how to remove the CPU fan without removing the CPU and the resultant bent CPU pins? Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance.

Relevancy 62.35%

I need the same schematic mjcompugirl needed for the same reason, thread date 23-Oct-2007. win2kpro stated he had a shematic. Is there anyway I could also get a copy?
Thanks,
Jim

Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to Board Disabling Video/Emachine T3304 On help my friend get his Emachine back up and going and I m running into a little snag When we turn it on it has power and such but no display I couldn t seem to locate any jumpers to disable the onboard video and when I put Disabling On Board Video/Emachine T3304 a known working video Disabling On Board Video/Emachine T3304 card into it it doesn t even act like its there I was wondering if anyone knew of a non-bios way to disable the onboard video or if maybe it s something else altogether that I should be looking at Here are the specs on the machine CPU AMD Sempron Processor -bit GHz MHz System Bus KB L cache Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home SP Chipset NVIDIA nForce Memory MB DDR MB MHz PC Hard Drive GB rpm MB cache Optical Drive x CD-RW DVD combo drive Media Reader -in- digital media manager Secure Digital SD smart media micro drive memory stick memory stick pro compact flash mulitimedia card USB Video NVIDIA GeForce GPU up to MB of shared video memory PCI-Express PCI-E x slot available Sound -channel AC audio Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:Disabling On Board Video/Emachine T3304

I do not believe that you will find a "non BIOS" way to avoid the onboard video. If the MB/BIOS is set up to automatically defer to the add on card then it would have done so. Assuming that everything is working as it should, you likely will have to boot to BIOS, make the change, save/exit and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-on-board-video-emachine-t3304.693208/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello guys,

my neighbor yanked on the monitor cable that plugs into the back of her pc a little too hard and broke it. it wont show any graphics up on the screen. i have an old matrox pci video card i put in hoping that her xp home would recognize and add the device. can you guys help? she has had her computer for less than a year and now its dead.

i powered up the pc with my pci v/c in. i noticed that the monitor powers up but no graphics.

your help is appreciated

Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings,I have an E Machine T2482 running on XP with an added 1 gig of Ram,worked beautiful did everything I needed until a few weeks ago,acted up for a couple of days and died,Installed new power supply now understand mother board is kaput,looked at motherboards on the web but I am lost,what mother board and PSU do I buy to replace mine ,would be grateful to any one to point me in the right direction and help an old geezer along.
Have new comp with Vista but want to get back to XP,and hopefully using a KVM Switch use both comps on exixsting monitor. OF

A:Looking for replacement motherboard for eMachine T2482

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62782.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-replacement-motherboard-for-emachine-t2482.102884/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm in the process of fixing a dead eMachine T2825 power supply and mobo for a coworker of mine. I've found a PSU, but I'm having trouble locating a good, compatible motherboard. I've checked Newegg, Tiger Direct, etc. but no one really carries old motherboards anymore. Here are the specs of the T2825:
CPU: AMD Athlon? XP 2800+
Socket: A (462)
Chipset: NVIDIA® nForce?2
Mobo Type: Micro ATX

I would prefer to go with Asus, Gigabyte or any other well known mobo manufacturer. Any suggestions on where to look?

A:Need replacement eMachine T2825 mobo

My understanding is that the original OS won't install on any other mobo than an EMachine.
However, as long as you aren't stuck on Nvidia chipsets: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=n82e16813186029

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-replacement-emachine-t2825-mobo.112124/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an inquiry in Motherboard Replacement for TS2385 emachine hopes of getting a reply soon Here is my first post and situation at hand I have a similar situation as cowboy posted on - - and - - I have a emachine T and one day attempting to boot-up it wouldn t I assumed the PSU had went bad so I ordered another one After installing the new PSU the system wouldn t boot The power supply works but no power to the motherboard I noticed the LED light was amber in color and just flashing I switched out a PSU from a good working emachine of same model TS with same results I should have done that first before purchasing the PSU You live and learn huh I visited the emachine site to check out if any replacment motherboard s were available no mobo s currently available DANG I called Replacement Motherboard for emachine TS2385 PARTS and was told by a customer service person there are currently no replacment motherboards available for TS s and I might as well throw it out and buy a new PC I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a generic or replacment motherboard compatible for a emachine TS Also will need a compatible chipset as well Jboman nbsp

A:Replacement Motherboard for emachine TS2385

because emachines is an OEM build, there is no guarantee that standard parts will fit or work properly. you can always try, though. there are still plenty of socket 478 boards out there that will aork with your processor. i recommend one of the asus p4p800 series motherboards, you'll probably have to use a micro ATX board to fit your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-for-emachine-ts2385.65731/
Relevancy 61.92%

A handicapped friend of ours has an emachine W3503 with a bad motherboard. We are trying to help him get his computer back up and running as inexpensively as possible since he is living on a very low fixed income. Can this be replaced, and if so, what would I order?
Thank you

A:Emachine W3503 replacement motherboard?

Probably Not the Answer You Were Hoping For.......

The problem with replacing the motherboard in an Emachine is the extravagant price they will charge you. Also, the power supply is most probably also bad, either by virtue of it killing the board, or being killed by it. I absolutely do not recommend buying a board off Ebay, that's sort of asking to be ripped off.

Here's the specs on your machine http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=W Series&model=W3503

That's pretty much bad news as well, since the Emachine in question has DDR type memory, which would likely have to be replaced with any board you might find today.

The standard treatment for this is to buy a different aftermarket board, and a decent PSU. However, the copy of Windows that came with the machine dies with the board, and would have to be purchased also.

This is representative of a type of board that would fit your chassis; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rder=BESTMATCH&Description=Intel+G31+&x=0&y=0 and allow you to use your CPU. These boards are about 50 bucks. A replacement Emachine board might be on the order of up to 200 dollars. The upgrade parts I mentioned can be had for about 300 dollars, including the copy of Windows. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116752 This is the OEM version, and you would need to order it with the parts.

As I said, you would also require new memory, a PSU, and a copy of Windows.

PS, The Celeron 356 in that machine is a "Cedar Mill" chip. These were the best single core Celerons (Pentium 4 type architecture) produced. (Until chips based in the new "Core 2 Duo" technology became available). They are however, less than pitiful by contemporary standards. Again, sorry if I ruined your day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-w3503-replacement-motherboard.152514/
Relevancy 61.92%

I need advice on replacing a mobo cpu for an emachine t My main question is it has xp so will i be able to get a new mobo and all and just put the hard drive in without wiping it out Or having to buy xp cd with mobo emachine Need help Solved: on replacement new key I have done this before with xp hard drive with no problems but not on a company name pc I was reading where it could be tricky I have product key if needed I am buying a case power supply mobo cpu and just using the existing ddr ram and cd burner dvd rom Need advice on a mobo etc compatible to make the transition easy as possible Thanks here s spec on emachine Microsoft Windows XP Home Solved: Need help mobo replacement on emachine Edition Intel Celeron Processor GHz w KB L cache amp MHz FSB Intel GL Chipset MB DDR PC GB HDD x x Max CD-RW Drive x DVD Drive quot MB FDD Intel Extreme Graphics D GL shared Mbps built-in Ethernet K ITU v ready Fax Modem AC Audio Keyboard Wheel Mouse Stereo Speakers USB ports on front Serial Parallel PS Mic-In amp Head Phone jack on front Audio-In amp Out PCI slots available quot w x quot h x quot d nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

My son has an emachines T4697. The power supply destroyed his motherboard. We replaced the power supply but now have to replace the motherboard. The problem is, he is a musician and has his music stored on the hard drive. He has not backed up for a long time so much of his music would be lost.

We need to replace the motherboard but not reformat the hard drive. The old motherboard is an FIC VG33 that uses intel 845GE chipset.

Emachines and Tiger Direct sell the replacement but it comes with a new power supply included and they want over $300.

Can I replace it with another motherboard as long as it uses the same chipset? Will we be able to reload windows using the disks that came with the emachines or will we have to buy a copy of XP?

A:Emachine T4697 motherboard replacement

The motherboard just failed... it was not destroyed by the power supply, but likely the other way round... the failed motherboard created a condition that destroyed the power supply.

The problem you will have is that although the hard drive is good, Windows will detect the change in hardware and will not load.
The 845GE is a good board, but the EEPROM is not tattooed to allow the eMachines recovery disc to work.

The best thing to do is get a decent WXPP system, then use the current eMachines drive as a slave to rescue the data.
If you wish to know more, I can send more details.
Otherwise, if eMachines still has the motherboard, that replacement will cost you $159.95 and will enable all to be restored. A decent power supply will cost significantly less. Measure your current failed power supply in millimeters, then find a new one the same size. Antec makes one that fits, as does Sparkle... both are excellent. There many be many others.
There are other ways to save a few dollars.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t4697-motherboard-replacement.81124/
Relevancy 61.92%

Im trying to find a replacement motherboard for this Emachine T2200
the part no on the fried one is L7VMM2. Apparently Emachine does not produce this anymore. Any ideas on a new product that could be compatable to this fried part? Thanks in advance to any replies!
The following information is directly from Emachines:

BOM for : T2200

MB: MB, L7VMM2/1.0A MBEM2154L7V2

A:Emachine T2200 Replacement Mobo

What is the entire specs of the system, such as the cpu, type and how much of ram, harddrive size, etc also how old was the system when the motherboard went out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t2200-replacement-mobo.59803/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a laptop that I am trying to replace the cpu. The design of this socket has no lever to lock the cpu in place.It is very difficult to slide the cpu towards the lock position after it is in the socket and I have not been able to do it yet.Does anybody have a workaround for this as I do not want to exert too much force on the cpu and socket and damage something.

A:Socket 462 mobile cpu replacement

So how did the previous CPU remain in position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-462-mobile-cpu-replacement.77395/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all basically my old Replacement Mobo Socket A: system Socket A: Mobo Replacement went belly up a while ago so ive been using my mums machine which sucks cause im going to build Socket A: Mobo Replacement or buy a new rig towards January or Febuary I figured if I can fix my old rig it would make a great replacement to my mums slow and jittery PC Ive replaced my faulty old PSU checked with a multimeter and tested a spare starter switch re seated CPU ram power cables etc etc and so am going to start with a mobo replacement but which one to get Socket A boards are pretty cheap all be it a little thin on the ground these days baring in mind im based in the UK and cant use Newegg which Socket A board would you recommend Please post a link if you can I basically want to squeeze as much out of my old Athlon XP as possible for however long it has left Also can you recommend a good Socket A heatsink to replace my current one Thanks for any advice help in advance nbsp

A:Socket A: Mobo Replacement

The Biostar nForce 2 boards are great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-a-mobo-replacement.64124/
Relevancy 61.49%

i dont expect as many responses here as i will hopefully get on my previous post but the deal is i m shopping for a new comp and Socket this board? K8V - SE shouldnt 754 why buy Deluxe ASUS i the combo deal http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku MBM-K V-A UR ends in hours going on the assumption that i want a PC does anyone know of any reason to stay away from this board keep in mind that i am using this system primarily for gaming from what i have been able to find i know ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Socket 754 - why shouldnt i buy this board? this -the board is a little outdated -it is picky when it comes to RAM -ASUS has replaced it with the K V-X SE i dont know the reasons for this i consider myself kinda knowledgable about computers at least i ve built every one i ve owned however i m not familiar with all the specs and details and how one core differers from another when things seem pretty similar to me i usually go by price - but because this board is a little old i m kind of uneasy about making this decision so i guess respond if you can think of any reason i shouldnt buy this board tonight assuming i make the decision to go with a socket computer if you wanna help with this choice check the post i put up a few minutes ago nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-k8v-se-deluxe-socket-754-why-shouldnt-i-buy-this-board.38427/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there nbsp I found an old PC and within there was an MS- Version Board With an Celeron nbsp E Ghz Thats how far i know - an Socket And Socket... MS-7525 Dualcore - (3,6 my add SL9AP i can Board, Ghz i got an Intel Dualcore SL AP Ghz nbsp So as i wanted to install this Intel Core SL AP its at Mhz FSB like the E But the System wont start up nbsp Can i get any answear please why he's not accepting this CPU nbsp I now updated the Bios with an Flash file i found This was called Rev A nbsp And with the Informationtext aside - for this Biosflash Filewas standing nbsp Acccepted CPU Types nbsp Intel Core Duo Conroe Allendale Intel Pentium Dual-Core Allendale Intel Pentium D Smithfield Presler Intel Pentium Extreme Edition Gallatin Prescott M Intel Pentium Prescott Prescott M Cedar Mill Intel Celeron Dual-Core Allendale Intel Celeron Conroe-L So my intention was - that the SL AP is an Presler Intel Pentium D MS-7525 Board, can i add my SL9AP (3,6 Ghz Dualcore - Socket... nbsp Am i right with this nbsp I also deleted the CMOS many times now as shown in the Manual i found nbsp nbsp Can please someone give me a short explaination nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks alot Friends nbsp best regardsGoochaaa nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/MS-7525-Board-can-i-add-my-SL9AP-3-6-Ghz-Dualcore-Socket-775/td-p/5842006
Relevancy 61.49%

Well I just found out that my MSI K8MM-V does not support two floppy drives. Can anyone recomend a socket 754 board that supports two floppy drives (A & B)? It also needs to have an AGP port and support PC 3200 Memory.

A:socket 754 board with dual floppy support.

I just want to let you know that through my searching and searing I was not able to some up with a board that supported 2 floppy drives. I did hear EpoX made a board, maybe, maybe not, but either way I could not find one.

Have you thought about using an external floppy that connects through a USB port?

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-754-board-with-dual-floppy-support.63441/
Relevancy 61.06%

Ok...I need a bit of advice on getting a new video card for my T2240 emachine; All my slots are white/gray incolor....I bought a card but it was the wrong one...what type of card can it take...also whats a good low-end card with, I think it was pixel shading? (have a game that needs it) and one more thing...will increasing my ram help speed an on-line game up? Will I need to upgrade my power supply...and I did by one of those....but....its large and mounts differantly (wont fit inside)...can I hook it up as an external power supply with no problems?

A:T2240 emachine video card replacement

Sounds like you dont have either a AGP slot or a PCI-E slot which means your stuck with a PCI card. and there are not a wide range of cards to choose from in PCI. Hooking up a PSU externally is both dangerous and impractical.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t2240-emachine-video-card-replacement.51555/
Relevancy 61.06%

Emachine T hello on newegg com is there a motherboard that would be compatible for my computer or any other sites that would sell cheap motherboards and not ones that are for one Thank you ---------------------------------------------------- Here s the computer info CPU AMD Athlon XP Processor GHz with QuantiSpeed architecture Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home Chipset NVIDIA nForce Memory MB DDR PC Hard Drive GB HDD Optical Drive DVD RW Drive Write Max x DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x CD-R and x CD-RW disks Reads x Max DVD-ROM disks Reads x Max CD-ROM disks x Max CD-ROM Drive quot MB FDD -in- Media Reader USB Secure Digital SD Smart Media Compact Flash Memory Stick Memory Stick PRO Micro Drive Multimedia Card Video NVIDIA GeForce MX graphics AGP x slot available Motherboard T2865 Question. Emachine Replacement Sound nForce -channel Audio Network Mbps built-in Ethernet Modem K ITU v -ready Fax Modem Peripherals Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard -Button Wheel Mouse Amplified Stereo Speakers Ports Other USB ports in back in Media Reader Serial Parallel PS Audio-In amp Out Dimensions quot W x quot H x quot D nbsp

A:Emachine T2865 Motherboard Replacement Question.

Any motherboard you get will be compatible because you might have to start fresh using only the computer's case. You will have to obtain a copy of XP or Vista because any eMachines discs will be useless. You will need to replace the power supply... If by chance, you find a board that will take your old processor and memory you will save some money there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-t2865-motherboard-replacement-question.94966/
Relevancy 61.06%

Can anyone please advice;
Is there an ATX motherboard that can replace a socket 7 FIC PA-2002 motherboard and fit well in the same box.
Thanks
Steve

A:socket 7 FIC PA-2002 motherboard replacement

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Try HERE

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-7-fic-pa-2002-motherboard-replacement.47193/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi the motherboard ABIT AV - for EYE Motherboard 939 AV8-3RD Abit Replacement Socket RD EYE has malfunctioned on my year old computer and I am struggling to find a replacement The problem is as follows One long and one short beep This happens Replacement for Abit AV8-3RD EYE Socket 939 Motherboard upon turning the computer on After researching on the internet I quickly discovered this beep code is related with motherboard errors Perhaps there are some suggestions that may solve the problem A few months back I could get it to boot into windows if I kept powering on for - minutes - but it has taken progressively longer to get running to the point where it isn t turning on anymore The motherboard is old Skt no pci express support limited support for RAM I am having problems finding a new motherboard to replace it The other components include nvidia fx agp card AMD and x mb RAM running in dual channel I think that it is PC I could take this opportunity to purchase a motherboard with PCI-E support so I can get a decent graphics card until recently my card in that machine was a GT mb AGP and the system was impressive for gaming - falling back to the fx was dissapointing as that card really struggles to handle most games I don t want to upgrade other components like memory CPU I d be better off just getting a new computer if that where the case So are there any motherboards available that will support my components AGP ones if necessary or PCI-E motherboards if possible suspiciou Thank you for any suggestions nbsp

A:Replacement for Abit AV8-3RD EYE Socket 939 Motherboard

any suggestions? Is socket 939 completely dead?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-abit-av8-3rd-eye-socket-939-motherboard.119399/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, I have a ssd I have installed in this board which is the only, drive and also with OS. I was wondering if it makes any difference which sata2 socket I use sata2 0/1/2/3/4? I have it set to AHCI in bios already. I assume I should not, use the Gsata sockets? The location in hardware devices shows the drive to be located at location 0. I assume this means channel 0 since it shows channel 0 and channel 1 in hardware devices? Is that fine or should it be on channel 1 or, makes no difference? Thanks!

A:which sata2 socket to connect a ssd to on GigaByte p55m-ud2 board

Primary drive should always go in the lowest numbered sata port, in your case 0, TBH in your situation where you only have one drive it wont make much difference but if for example you had multiple drives and you plugged a secondary hdd into a lower numbered port than your OS hdd then when you installed windows all your boot info would be put on the secondary drive which is not a good practice and will lead to issues if you ever needed to change or remove the 2nd drive as it would leave the system unbbotable and in need of startup repair

The only time you would use a sata that is not controlled by the onboard chipset IMO would be if your board only had sata 2 (3gbps) and you had a 3rd party controller (gsata) adding sata 3 (6gbps) and you were adding a sata 3 drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303522-sata2-socket-connect-ssd-gigabyte-p55m-ud2-board.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Which is this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157081

I like the options this board giving you the option using a full AGP 8X and a PCI x 16 express slot. This way I can easily transfer my current system to it and still have upgradability while saving money.

So does it look good?

A:Is the ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 a good board?

Yup, pretty decent board, especially at that price. Nice that it also has 2 SATA ports and 1 SATA2 port. If I remember correctly there a few frequent users here that have this board and they like it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-asrock-939dual-sata2-socket-939-a-good-board.54007/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

My socket AM2 based computer has a faulty motherboard and needs a replacement to get it up and running again. It does not turn on, I have ruled out the other components as the cause of this problem.

The other components are:

AMD Athlon 64 4xxx/5xxx+ X2 series dual core processor
2GB PC3200 RAM
Asus 7900GS GPU

It looks like a replacement will cost around £25-60 judging by what is available on ebuyer.com.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Anything on par with the old motherboard will be fine. I won't need something future proof as this is only a secondary computer my family uses.

I will be upgrading my own computer next year and passing it down to them so we are only looking at getting this computer back up and running in the meantime (they are currently stuck with the aging laptop!)

Thank you in advance your help will be much appreciated

also, Merry Christmas =)

A:Replacement needed for socket AM2 motherboard (M2N-SLI Deluxe)

You might have made a typo in describing your CPU. Is it an Athlon 64 X2 4600+?

I am surprised how few retailers are selling AM2 boards these days. TigerDirect has two and Newegg has three available. Personally, I would go with the Foxconn one, but I am biased for Newegg. haha

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-needed-for-socket-am2-motherboard-m2n-sli-deluxe.158400/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

Ive had an accident which involved the laptop falling on the floor with the headphone jack plugged in. the rest of the laptop seems ok, but putting a jack in the socket doesnt stop the speakers working, and the audio coming out of it sounds echoey; sounds like the stereo is canceling out which means something has shorted.

not sure i want to open up the laptop just yet; but looks like the jack sockets can be replaced. I think its still under warranty but the accident was my fault.

any thoughts? where can i get spare parts from?

Many thanks
James

A:Satellite R830 - Headphone socket replacement

Hi James

What can you do is to use Google and search if you can find replacement parts but I?m pretty sure it can be pretty complicated. Repair is also not so easy. Do you want to do it alone?
I mean disassembling procedure is also pretty tricky and must/should be done by authorized personal only. Small mistake can ends with broken plastic parts and different holders.

In my opinion you should not do all this. Buy small USB Audio Adapter w/Mic Jack and problem is solved.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69849-Satellite-R830-Headphone-socket-replacement
Relevancy 60.2%

My CPU cooler just died so I m looking for a new one the one I had came with the CPU when I bought it It s an AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor Socket AM I seem to have trouble finding a doable cooler though mostly because I don t know enough about the subject I think but there doesn t seem to be a lot of coolers out there anymore for AM either So far the closest thing to something useful I ve been able AM2 for Athlon replacement socket a a Need cooler help AMD 64 finding X2, to find was MASSCOOL F B H mm Ball CPU Cooler - Retail Specifications Dimensions Heat sink x x mm l x w x h VDC Fan x x mm Bearing Ball bearing Rated speed RPM - Rated power Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2 W Max Noise level dBA Max Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2 Air flow CFM Current A Max Connector Pin mainboard Life hours hours Application AMD Socket AM and AM CPU AMD Athlon AMD Athlon FX AMD Athlon X Dual Core Business Class-AMD Athlon Business Class-AMD Athlon X Dual-Core AMD Phenom X Quad-Core AMD Sempron AMD Opteron CPU TDP lt W Thermal resistance C W Thermal type White grease pre-applied Another website mentions AMD Socket AM Athlon X Dual Core under this coolers compatibility Do you think I can use this fan or should I look for something else and in that case does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2

There are quite a few AM2 HSFs still available. But you must specify your budget and also determine whether your case will house those that are available.

Check out this page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-finding-a-replacement-cooler-for-a-amd-athlon-64-x2-socket-am2.144865/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS mb and need to upgrade my video card. I am considering an Nvidia 6800GT video card but not sure if I can even use it.

A:Solved: Can I use the Nvidia 6800 series cards on a socket 754 board?

Yeah you can run it. Just order the card you need, ie PCIE or AGP. I figure you need an AGP card but I ain't sure. Make sure your PSU is up to the task also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-use-the-nvidia-6800-series-cards-on-a-socket-754-board.454975/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I'm trying to find a replacement audio socket for a Compaq Presario CQ57.

All it says on the component is 120204

Its soldered on to the motherboard.

Anyone know any where I could find one.

Pics of both sides:

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-replacement-audio-socket-for-a-compaq-presario-cq57.1101987/
Relevancy 58.91%

hey guys well here is some info sorry its 1.6ghz drive compatibility hard replacement and PSU socket athlon OLD for a not much but im scared the random shutdowns will damage my components PC INFO i got a ghz Amd athlon socket a windows xp pro mb ram gb WD ide hard drive rpm CPU my computer turns off randomly i think it might be because of the heat it reaches up to celsius within mins i had it since like or i uses a watt psu i replaced the cpu fan PSU replacement and hard drive compatibility for OLD 1.6ghz athlon socket a recently with a coolmaster cpu fan and it seem to be a few degree lower but it still shuts down randomly PSU I plan on getting a new psu but unsure which features i would need I plan on going with a seasonic brand I just want a psu that will be compatible with my old ide hard drive Can i hook up my ide and if i buy a sata hard drive together sorry guys if this is a stupid question thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:PSU replacement and hard drive compatibility for OLD 1.6ghz athlon socket a

I do not recommend mixing IDE with SATA - especially with older motherboards. There are some compatibility concerns with older controllers and boards.
For a PSU, google PSU calculator, add 30% to the results and buy quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-replacement-and-hard-drive-compatibility-for-old-1-6ghz-athlon-socket-a.95925/
Relevancy 58.48%

I want to use Blender Cycles GPU rendering. It only works with Nividia CUDA cards. I have an ATI Radeon card. This card is soldered to the system board so I think swaping it is not an option. Can I replace the whole system board for one that has an Nvidia CUDA compatibale GPU on it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/System-Board-replacement/td-p/5661143
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys
i have a compaq presario SR1610NX Recently i shorted out my mother board while doing a proccessor trade out (trust me the proccessor is compatable as the computer did run for a while after the switch). anyway i called up compaq and they say that my mother board was discontinued and they tried to sell me a whole new tower. i need a compatible replacement. im using a AMD Athlon 64 3700 proccessor.
Please Help Me- Dr. Feelgood

Relevancy 58.48%

The systemboard on my laptop went a couple of weeks ago, I found a replacement on eBay with the serial #30L2589 the number on my system board 10L0947. Are these boards compatible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-board-replacement.789810/
Relevancy 58.48%

Last night I tried Board Mother Replacement to replace the mother board on my Dell Inspiron e laptop I bought the replacement part Mother Board Replacement from an Ebay store and it is still under warranty days After taking apart my entire laptop and putting the whole thing back together--a job that took my friend and I three hours--we plugged it in for the moment of truth The battery light came on so far so Mother Board Replacement good Then we hit the power button and nothing happened Well almost nothing The machine appeared to turn on All three lights on the the bottom of the LCD went on but that s it The fan didn t start the monitor didn t start The hard drive light was on but didn t appear to be reading at all i e no blinking or noise I m quite perplexed Everything appeared to go back together perfectly with the possible exception of the diskette drive cable clip which we weren t exactly sure whether to put back in over under or through the disk drive data cable We eventually put it through For instructions and pictures of the process check out link http support dell com support edocs systems pblan removing htm Everything else seemed to go back together seemlessly We were very careful with screws and put all the right sizes back into their correct places What could be causing this Have I received a defective part Are there any other explanations I suppose a possible explanation is that the processor and or video board are not quite connected correctly but they seemed to fit perfectly and snap down firmly when we put it back together Please help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have an old Gateway P5-133 computer with an Evergreen MX-Pro 200 cpu upgrade on an American Megatrends system board.
I was in the process of upgrading it with a larger hard drive, WinME, a couple of USB ports, potentially more RAM etc. and was experiencing intermittent episodes of it not booting up. My new machine's monitor, which I used while working on this old POS, was saying there is no video signal coming from the old computer. A new video adapter produced the same message, so I am assuming the system board croaked. It did boot fine following the installation of the new HD and ME.
What would be a suitable replacement if you would be so kind as to enlighten me? I can return the PCI Video and USB adapters but not the Maxtor 80GB Ultra ATA/133 drive and ME.
Regards,
Doug

A:Replacement System Board

GoofyGimp

Welcome to TSG! As far as a replacement board, you are probably wasting your time. My suggestion would be to keep the video you bought, the hard drive and the floppy. The rest is very outdated. Your board is a socket 5 board with no real replacement out there. The case and power supply will be of no use on a newer board (probably an AT form factor). The evergreen chip will only fit a socket 5 board and you can go much much faster with a low end $30 duron processor. The memory is probably 70ns dram and will not be able to be used in a newer board. Not really much you can save. Your choices are to look at used computer shops for an old socket 5 board or to shell out a couple of bucks for a bare bones system.

SeeYa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-system-board.122100/
Relevancy 57.62%

PC Specs AMD Athalon XP ASUS A N X-X x RAmos DDR Gigabyte mb ATI Radeon XT SB Audigy ZS x gig WD Caviar rpm x gig WD Caviar SE mb rpm -Port Serial ATA IDE Controller Card Problem Description PC won t boot Power when connected to everything only powers up motherboard and any cards attached to it IDE drives show no sign of life However if you disconnect IDE cables from the motherboard the IDE drives come to life If you disconnect power from the motherboard and hotwire the motherboard power plug the IDE drives will power up Tried motherboard with different power supplies same problem with all of them Can t check CPU as don t have any other boards Memory is fine or appears to be as changing them made no difference Tried the board without any PCI except agp graphics cards plugged in still had the same problem Not sure what else to do Scenario I moved to London from Melbourne Australia and had to get my PC shipped over I would have taken it on board as hand luggage but i wasn t allowed so I had to have it freighted over as excess baggage on another flight It had plenty of padding so I thought it would be fine It looks as though everything was fine except for what appears to be one largish dimple in the cardboard where it looks like it hit something So there is a possibility of damage Any ideas anyone I probably should have posted this under didou s thread quot The ASUS A N X-X A N X A N X Deluxe Thread quot but am hoping for some quick responses Thanks in advance for anyone who replies nbsp

A:A7N8X-X no boot, board replacement?

You might try a different IDE cable. Don't know why shipping should create a problem but that would be my next quick try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a7n8x-x-no-boot-board-replacement.15457/
Relevancy 57.62%

I don't think the model will matter, however, mine is a Pavilion Slimline s5510f. With thanks from this forum, I have determined that I need to replace my mother board.  I have found HP support documentation on how to replace the mother board, but that leaves the question as to whether I have to do any type of programming of the new mother board or is the MB more or less a plug and play? Thanks for any help.  

A:mother board replacement and programming?

Hi, Actually you can't do anything with motherboard (only updating BIOS which is still in the hands of vendors). What you see is what you get or using your terms: it is a plug-and-play part. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/mother-board-replacement-and-programming/td-p/5843628
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an e7450 that has had what I believe to be a system board failure. It is out of warranty so I am looking at replacing the system board myself. The part number is CN-0Y15C1-12963-54I-  A0EF  REV A00.
I believe the original unit has an i5-5300U. Most of the replacement boards I'm finding online have an i7-5600U. 
Will there be an issue using the different processor if the board is still the same?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983468
Relevancy 57.62%

My original setup included an onboard videocard which copes fine with XP cannot cope with Windows 7 - apart from at the lowest resolution. I am not a gamer but would like advice on upgrading my video card. If I install a new card will I need to disable the old onboard card? If so how do I do this. What type of new card would be suitable foe Windows 7 - bearing in mind that I'm not a gamer, but enjoy watching videos, jpeg files etc. Any other issues I should be aware of? Thanks for any advice!

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I need a replacement keyboard for an HP Envy M6-1000Found one for a HP Envy M6-K (see link for reference:  https://www.amazon.com/Cool-See-725450-001-PK130UM1F00-M6-K001XX-M6-K010DX/dp/B00ZEE3U0E)What's the difference between the two models if any, and would this key board work? Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Key-board-replacement-for-HP-Envy-M6-1000/td-p/5809082
Relevancy 57.19%

Need to replace cable port and can't seem to find replacement part in UK - only from America.  Any suggestions??
thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 15 5547 DC Power Jack Socket Port and Cable - replacement part in UK???

Hi JS246 ,
What is the exact issue on the system? Have you checked with another Dell OEM power adapter? Is the current adapter working fine? Is the adapter frayed?
If you have isolated the source to be indeed the dc power cable, then assuming there is no warranty on the machine, you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
If you are looking to replace the parts yourself, then you could contact a 3rd party Dell parts seller - http://bit.ly/28SYFVc- they ship parts to UK. Or check on Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/28QNXQ0
Write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983939
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello nbsp I recently bought a faulty Acer S - that I wanted to fix The problem was with the iSSD board as soon as you turned the PC on the board started overheating one of the chips was faulty from measuring the heat I guess it was either power regulating chip or the ssd controller chip the device turned off after about - seconds after that nbsp Since the price of this board is aproximatelly as high as an entire functional Aspire replacement board iSSD Acer S3-391 laptop I dediced not to buy this one but the similiar one that had a mSATA slot and integrated wifi otherwise it looked the same connectors were also the same and it fitted the notebook nicely everything went smooth but Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement I encountered a problem when I turned on the laptop the battery wasnt charging nbsp I measured the voltages on the battery Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement and of the three cells each had V which means about V together missing V for total V as the battery specs say Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement so I left it recharge over hours but nothing happened any ideas nbsp Thanks

A:Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement

Was it charging before you replaced the "iSSD board"? If it was, then the board is the problem.Maybe the "wrong" board is causing something to get crossed or shorted.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S3-391-iSSD-board-replacement/td-p/422382/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a HP Pavillion x360 (13z-a000) that I bought two years ago.  The CPU is dead.  The computer does not power on and the Caps Lock button blinks constantly (single blink).  I brought it to a local shop and they confimed this but they do not fix HP.  If it is the motherboard, can I just buy one and replace it myself?  Where can I buy the mother board?  How do I find the part number?  

The serial number is [Personal Information Removed]

Larry

A:Pavillion x360 mother board replacement

Here is the Manual: Service Manual There are 4 different AMD motherboard depending on if you have the A8 processor or the A6 and Windows Standard or Pro. Get the same Windows version as you have or you will have to buy another copy of Windows. Your hard drive installation of Windows will not activate unless you install a motherboard set up for the same OS version. Post back if you need a more detailed explanation. Yours is a CTO laptop so we cannot just look up your original factory specs. You can interchange the A6 and A8 version of the motherboard with the caveat stated above. The Manual shows the "how-to" on replacement. Assuming you have the A8 and Windows Standard this is the part number: 769075-501 This is it on US amazon.com for $109 which is a pretty fair price: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Convertible-Motherboard-769075-501/dp/B0118AZL1S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT... Post back with any more questions.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-x360-mother-board-replacement/td-p/5694409
Relevancy 57.19%

What is the correct procedure for replacing the MB battery? Power off? etc. I have a alton m760v MB that reverts back to cmos defaults after being unplugged for a couple of days. Is this normal, I have 2 that do the same thing. Old batteries ?

A:Mother board battery replacement procedure?

CMOS should only reset if there is something wrong, or if a battery is bad.

Replacing it is just as you said - unplug power, take out the old one, put in the new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-battery-replacement-procedure.32499/
Relevancy 57.19%

Is it possible to get a replacement system board for a Dell XPS 16. My LCD screen is blank, and external monitor shows garbled images, so I am assuming the graphics chip is blown, and as it's integrated, I would need a new system board.

I am UK based, and am happy to fit myself.

A:Dell XPS 16 (1645) system board replacement

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly run complete diagnostics on the system to check for errors.
Provide us with the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983487
Relevancy 57.19%

About a month ago my Mini ITX replacement. board on Need a 1155 suggestions main board GA-Z X-UD H started to fail for some odd reason and ive been wanting to replace it since but now ive beought myself a mini itx RVZ case and SFX-L power supply to make a small gaming oriented build and finally replace my motherboard but i Need suggestions on a Mini ITX 1155 board replacement. cant seem to make up my mind on which motherboard to buy having in mind that im running on a gtx and an i k processor which is not that powerfull for todays standars and i dont want to waste a lot of money My initial thoughts were on buying this motherboard Amazon com ASUS DDR Intel Z Socket Motherboard P Z -I DELUXE WD Computers amp Accessories but then again ive found a lot of cheap options like this Amazon com ASUS P Need suggestions on a Mini ITX 1155 board replacement. H -I R LGA Intel H HDMI USB Mini ITX Intel Motherboard Computers amp Accessories My main concern is that the cheap alternatives wont keep up with the gpu and cpu and i dont plan on making any serious upgrades since i would have to replace the entire pc components for it to be worth the huge next gen investment EDIT Ill post my original specs somewhere not using win anymore btw So my question is Any suggestions What should i buy having in mind that im using an lga cpu and a mini itx case Im looking for anything under but when it comes to choosing i simply cant make up my mind and would really appreciate some help

A:Need suggestions on a Mini ITX 1155 board replacement.

I just bought and installed the Asus P8H61-I R2.0 board to build a new system using some old parts I had lying around (an i3-2100 cpu and 4GB of DDR3 memory.
It is very impressive board, and Asus has an excellent reputation.

One thing about this MB, it only has one expansion slot (a PCIe x16) so you can add your graphics card if you want but that's it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68070-need-suggestions-mini-itx-1155-board-replacement.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have been informed the Daughter board needs replacing to enable the chromebook to charge but havin problems locating a replacement

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-m-told-i-require-a-replacement-daughter-board-but-no-luck/td-p/5638506
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey, About 5 months ago i decided to swap my HDD for an SSD, for some extra speed. However, when opening the laptop i broke the ribbon cable off the power button board. In the last 5 months i tried buying a replacement from ebay. I have bought boards from 3 different sellers, and not one of them worked. They all showed the same behavior; plugging and then unplugging the cable from the motherboard started the computer, and as soon as i put the cable back in, the computer shut down. I used a multimeter to see what was going on, and it turns out the new boards did not switch anything, whereas the original board switched when the button was pushed (of course). Is there a way i can purchase an official replacement?  Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-power-button-board-for-hp-15-g230nd-not-working/td-p/5829713
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I have just installed a new motherboard on my F10-124.
This was the upgraded PCB P000415760 (Part number P000454980) as the graphics card failed - again!!

The documents that came with it tell me to update the Bios, EC/KBC (SVP Parameters) and write the new DMI. At the moment the VGA controller is not recognised, and no CD drive is listed.

Can this be updated by myself, without having to send it away to an ASP, as its not worth the money if I do. I just want to use this as an additonal PC for my daughter to use.

Surely I should be able to update the Bios from a download or something from the toshiba support site.

Any help appreciated.

A:Qosmio F10 Main Board Replacement - Update BIOS etc

The new BIOS is on the Toshiba website, and I believe a different Recovery Disc needs to be used.

Or you can simply install Ubuntu, which should detect the hardware automatically. http://www.ubuntu.com/

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?64201-Qosmio-F10-Main-Board-Replacement-Update-BIOS-etc
Relevancy 56.33%

I replaced the system board on my IBM thinkpad 600E because the original problem was that everytime the system booted up it would keep going to the time (time would not stay). I know that there is a battery on the system board but I figured it would be less of a hassle if I just replace the system board. I did that and now the system will not boot up. The LED's come on and I hear the fan run but nothing will show up on the screen. What should I do?

A:IBM Thinkpad 660E will not boot after System Board Replacement

Are you sure the replacement board was not broken? Maybe you did something wrong when putting the thing back together again?

Just take the thing apart again and try your previous mobo. If that works, try with the new one again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-660e-will-not-boot-after-system-board-replacement.98415/
Relevancy 56.33%

Dell Optiplex GX270 with P4, 2.8-GHz, socket-478 processor.

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270 sytem with a bad board (several swollen, bleeding, and bursted caps). I went to Pricewatch.com and did a search for Dell Optiplex GX270 motherboard and came up with boards in this link:

http://www.pricewatch.com/search?q=dell+optiplex+gx270+motherboard

They are all for Optiplex GX270; but, some seem to have different other numbers associated with the GX270 and I am now not sure if I can use just any one of these or if I should choose a certain one of the group,

Example: One says GX270 (FG015), another says GX270 (X1105), and another GX270 (U9268), another GX270 (DG279 and finally GX270 SFF(T7294).

Do these other numbers make any difference? I don't see any nombers that resemble those on the bad board I have here.

Relevancy 55.47%

HELLO iv been having much difficulties just surfing the internet due to Mazilla firefox always crashing and many adobe flash player active script errors My mazilla has always been like this no matter how many scans or lurking is something unknowing how many times iv replaced it so indeed something silent is lurking freely I scan with malwarebytes own eset and have posted hijack logs in the past on this forum I was having something unknowing is lurking problems with my hijack logs i was told before i guess my logs were only half the size as they should be for some unknown reason but i did uninstall and downloaded a something unknowing is lurking new one something unknowing is lurking from cnet Sometimes my logs will magically change in size from the previous logs i do perform regular scans and have found one or viruses lately and they have been disposed of properly but i have a gut feeling that i still have something because my browsers are very slow unresponsive and mostly crashing Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - CFC F B-A DA- e -B - A F E C - no file O - Toolbar no name - C A - - D-A - C AF C - no file O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - HKCU Run ProxyWay C Program Files ProxyWay proxyway exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Startup OneNote Table Of Contents onetoc O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O - Trusted Zone netzero com O - Trusted Zone netzero net O - Service Agere Modem Call Progress Audio AgereModemAudio - Agere Systems - C Windows system agrsmsvc exe O - Service Ati... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

debug-CommanderJoe-xxxx.zip.zip I was on google plus and facebook when my BSOD happened I do not know what is wrong and would like to know thank you

A:Was blue screened unknowing why

The cause of the crash is Norton/Symantec, although this crash looks to be a single one which is handled by Windows.
This means that you have nothing to worry and do not need to do anything
If this problem keeps occuring, simply reply again here with a new zip from the DM Log Collector and I'll be notified

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck FC, {fffff800714f1fe8, 8000000053c32121, ffffd0002117a0f0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys
Driver Reference Table - BHDrvx64.sys

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41199-blue-screened-unknowing-why.html
Relevancy 54.61%
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright trying yet again I had one Computer tower working however noisy due to an old CPU Fan Rang SMBT Computing asking for a home visit to replace AMD Athlon XP CPU Fan due to my inability o leave the house because of a broken leg The Proprietor came ripped out the old CPU Fan with some force on the floor of my office He then replaced the old fan with the new one According to the CPU Fan Instructions a thermal paste needed to be applied evenly over the heatsink before application I observed Adam do no such thing After 64-bit 754 CPU, 1.8GHz, Socket 3000+ 754 Motherboard MD Sempron SOCKET & K8MM-V MSI replacement of fan which took under one minute from start to finish he restarted my Computer It would no longer work It hung at the black startup screen He then took my computer tower away saying he would need to run further tests After several phone calls by myself he said either the CPU or motherboard were damaged when HE had had replaced the CPU Fan He would install a new motherboard into my computer tower He did and a few days later my partner went and picked it up NB No mention of costs for parts and labour were MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 even brought up There error on installation there problem to fix Upon installation of the Operating System which kept encountering errors the motherboard was running The only problem being that upon any type of installation i e Critical Updates other Utilities the computer would shut down and reboot itself Even when the computer tower was left in idle it would shut down and reboot for no apparent reason I also spoke with a technician from SMBT told him of the automatic shutdowns MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754 and subsequent reboots It was indicated by him the motherboard they had installed was faulty To return the tower back to them this was done week later the proprietor from SMBT Computing rang and said he had a working motherboard installed on my system and would be ready for pickup in a couple of hours He also asked what CPU I had installed on my system prior to my computer tower being broken I once again told him it was an AMD Athlon XP I received a phone call an hour later telling me a nd hand motherboard MSI K MM-V Socket Motherboard and who only knows whether or not it was also a nd hand CPU AMD Sempron -bit CPU GHz SOCKET was in my tower and ready to be picked up I loaded the OS on it all was well for about a week I rebooted the PC and got nothing Not even the BIOS would show up This third mobo is an MSI so I went to there website it said remove CMOS Battery for minutes and remove the JBAT for seconds so I did I unplugged the harddrive DVD Rom swapped out of the sticks of RAM changed my new Graphics card for an old one that I knew worked just in case it was the Graphics Card Plugged it back in minus everything except for RAM and Graphics Card Restarted it heard beep and then looked a lovely black screen In the meantime they have sent me an Invoice for for a quot new albeit a nd hand mobo and an upgraded CPU In the meantime I have stripped the PC right down removed the mobo and am planning on returning it to SMBT Computing with the message of quot Here s your mobo CPU back jam your bill where the sun don t shine quot On the bright side my new dual core tower is working like a charm I had planned on keeping the tower as a backup PC just in case my new tower died on me I am still looking into buying a brand new mobo and CPU and putting it together myself I am pretty sure this mobo is DEAD however there maybe something I have overlooked PS I hope this doesn t count as a triple post and no I am not a blonde I am a redhead lolz Oh and just for the record I live in Australia we do not have BBB here nbsp

A:MSI K8MM-V Socket 754 Motherboard & MD Sempron 3000+ 64-bit CPU, 1.8GHz, SOCKET 754

G'Day - I would not waste time on it. I think your idea of sending it back with the bill is spot on. Don't forget to lay it on thick that you are incapacitated and have been taken advantage of over this.
Albert (Whinging Pom) Lionheart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k8mm-v-socket-754-motherboard-md-sempron-3000-64-bit-cpu-1-8ghz-socket-754.86249/
Relevancy 47.3%

hello there, i have a problem. i have a processor which is a CELERON 2.00 GHz and it's on socket 478. is it okey to insert it on my other motherboard which is a socket 478B? i really need some help right now... thanks in advance... god bless...

A:Socket 478 vs socket 478b on Celeron processor

i think it will.........tigerdirect WAS selling the 478b and celeron in a combo so i would imagine that they are compatible. Now if its only a socket 478b then no it won't work but if its a socket 478 thats has socket 478b compatibility then it will work.......socket 478b is pentium 4 cpu......

What is the motherboard specs if you have doubt so i can help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-478-vs-socket-478b-on-celeron-processor.108287/
Relevancy 47.3%

I bought an old Dell Optiplex 380 system refurbished from Dell for about $80 with an E7500 Intel core 2 duo processor and upgraded it to a Xeon E5430 for about $20. The cpu benchmark went from about 1800 to 4000. The Dell Optiplex 380 uses DDR3 memory, so the Xeon gets an additional boost there. I also downloaded a modded Dell bios that supports the Xeon functions on the 775 motherboard at bios-mods forums for free. Great little computer to play older games in Windows 7. Next I will be updating this system to Windows 10. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed by Dell.

So for little cost you can play around with older hardware and make it do things it wasn't originally designed for.

A:Socket 771 Xeon processor in a Socket 775 motherboard

Used little sticker eh ?

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/22571-socket-771-xeon-processor-socket-775-motherboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

It's a cyrix M2 250 mhz.

Someone told me that the fastest cyrix processor was a 200 mhz one, but a site tells me that my 250 mhz m2 is a regular socket 7.

This computer is a compaq presario 2286, and I'm trying to figure it out, but I need some help.

I want to upgrade this computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-so-confused-about-my-processor-is-it-a-super-socket-7-or-just-socket-7.732415/
Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys i just took apart my old hp ze5170 P4 laptop(not really important) my new laptop is is a P mobile (socket 479). My question is this will this new laptop support the (socket 478) P4 im wondering if that extra pin is just something to help reduce power for longer battery life. or if my laptop will explode if i drop the P4 in. im willing to experiment but i was wondering if some one already knows. ill entertain guesses and rumors too. let me know what you guys think.

and yes i know the voltage is different but i can change that

A:socket 479 cpu swap for socket 478 cpu, will it work???

It won't work Check THIS PAGE and THIS OTHER ONE.

BTW, Welcome to Techspot!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-479-cpu-swap-for-socket-478-cpu-will-it-work.58510/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so very grateful for any help...

I'm trying to wire up a Cat5e to Cat5e wall socket extension and I'm a little confused...

I need to connect a machine in room A to a router in room B. Presently I have a very long Cat5e cable to do this. I've just run a length of Cable through the wall, with a view to terminating both ends with Cat 5e panels (to alleviate the need for a really long cable trailing across the floor).

However, I'm unsure as to how I wire up the insides of the panels. Should I wire them up straight through or crossed-over?

Thanks indeed for any help!

MD

A:Cat5e Socket to Socket extension

Straight through. Plus you need to either wire it up under the 568A or 568B standard. Just pick one and wire up both ends the same way and you'll be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cat5e-socket-to-socket-extension.816592/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am using a TCP/IP - Acer Lan ALN 201 PCI ethernet adapter. The control panel, system , device manager says everything is working correctly. I only have one problem. When using a program called paltalk, I am unable to upload or download .jpeg files. I get a message that says "socket error on non socket". I am able to view video in this program, but am unable to send or receive pictures. I properly opened the correct ports on the router homepage. I am hooked to the net via a Lynksys router. Any suggestions? Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? haven't seen it before. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-error-on-non-socket-problem.104858/
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello
Can anyone explain why AMD Sempron cpu's run at different speeds for different socket's.
2600+ Socket A 1.83ghz, 2600+ Socket 754 1.6ghz.
Can I safely increase the CPU host frequency, which is set at 200mhz.
I have played with the setting's in the bios and I can take it to over 2000ghz,
but I am not sure if this safe.
The memory installed is showing in bios 513/166mhz DDR333 which is a little odd when I purchased DDR400mhz
Thanks for any help

Mobo Asrock K8upgrade-VM800
CPU AMD Semprom 2600+ Socket 754
Memory 512mb DDR400mhz

Relevancy 42.14%

I see the front side bus speed is increased,not sure exactly what advantages
that has either. pls help a new guy. =)

A:AMD socket 754 vs. socket 939 - what's the difference?

performance about the same. 939 has more future compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-socket-754-vs-socket-939-whats-the-difference.20682/
Relevancy 42.14%

can someone tell me if a super socket 7 processor can be installed in a socket 7 motherboard? what's the diff?

A:socket 7 vs super socket 7

Hi hcw46270, Welcome to TSG !!
http://www.hwupgrade.com/motherboard/socket7_super7.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-7-vs-super-socket-7.144325/
Relevancy 42.14%

are there any major differences? is the 754 more unstable compared to the 939?

cos im always gettings performance issues with games on my pc (ive got a 754 amd athlon 64 3400+) i dont know whether it could be the cpu or something else?

is there much point in upgrading my cpu to 939?

thanks a lot.

A:socket 754 compared to socket 939

I don't think it is that simple really.

As far as "stability" goes, 754 and 939 are probably not all that different. What is more important is the chipset on your motherboard, ram/motherboard compatibility etc.

The main advantage of 939 is that the newer AMD processors are made ONLY for that socket type.

You ask if there is a point in upgrading your cpu to 939. You would have to upgrade your motherboard first to be able to accept a 939 cpu. I appologize if that is information you already know, it just didn't sound like it in the wording of your question.

Now, as for your performance issues, if you want we can take a look and try and find the cause. I'd recommend starting a new thread and list your complete system specs with as much detail as possible, also detailing the problems you are having.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-754-compared-to-socket-939.38516/
Relevancy 42.14%

Never mind I answerd my own question.

A:Motherboard 423 socket or 478 socket??

I take it you have another POST concerning this? You should mark that as SOLVED using "Thread Tools" button at the top of its page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-423-socket-or-478-socket.359361/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi My bro got given one of these Mobo's today: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45392&criteria=Motherboards for AMD Processors&doy=21m8

He did not buy it, my cousin gave him it!! She got it for a steal on ebay or something.

It says "sempron ready - socket a" i found this cpu on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ALAJM8/026-4959376-0370030?v=glance&n=560798&s=gateway&v=glan

The thing is, would that cpu fit in the foxconn mobo? would a socket 754 fit in a socket a? if it doesnt could you find me another one that would? This would go great as a birthday present for my nan as she only has a packard bell club 75, we could build a real bargain pc!

I am also building my own PC, Not with that crappy mobo though

A:Socket 754 Same as Socket A Sempron?

Nope. Not compatible. Socket A = 453 pins. Socket 754 = 754 pins.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-754-same-as-socket-a-sempron.494217/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi there I have been hit by Spy Axe also I have been reading other threads and have done the HijackThis scan Here is my log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Axe Victim Another Spy lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon Another Spy Axe Victim exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPTBox exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S HIC EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS DvzCommon DvzMsgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system mssearchnet exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPDBMgr exe C WINDOWS system nvctrl exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO HomepageBHO - c -f c - fb - a-d f a f - C WINDOWS system hp ABF tmp O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AutoTKit C hp bin AUTOTKIT EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetect O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run Sunkist k C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run MPTBox C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPTBox exe... Read more

A:Another Spy Axe Victim

Please save or print these instructions before beginning

Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs
Uninstall SpyAxe if it appears in the list
Delete the folder C:\Program Files\SpyAxe\ if it exists

Save smitRem to your Desktop and run smitRem.exe

Download and install Ewido Security Suite
During the installation, uncheck the following under Additional Options:

Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Run Ewido and click OK when prompted to update the program
On the left side of the screen, click update>>Start
When the update is finished, exit Ewido

Start your computer in Safe Mode

Open to smitRem folder and run RunThis.bat. Follow the onscreen prompts

Run Ewido Security Suite
Click scanner>>Complete System Scan
Click OK when prompted to clean the problems found
When the scan is finished, click Save Report and save a copy of this log to your Desktop
Exit Ewido

Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Internet Options>>Programs
Click Reset Web Settings>>Apply>>OK

Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Display>>Desktop
Click Customize Desktop>>Web
If you see an entry called Security info or something similar, select it and click Delete>>OK>>Apply>>OK

Restart your computer

Run Kaspersky Online Scanner and post the results here

Post the contents of smitfiles.txt from the smitRem folder

Post the contents of the Ewido Security Suite report that you saved to your Desktop earlier

Run HijackThis and click Do a system scan and save a log file
Your HijackThis log will open in Notepad. Post the contents of the log here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-spy-axe-victim.423933/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey All About a week ago I encountered the POP NOV virus I don t know exactly what it is but it s interfering some parts of my computer Here are some of the problems I m having If I viewed a specific webpage it would automatically direct me to POP NOV s main page Each time I turn on my computer there s this black pop up sign that says quot STOP POP UPS CLICK HERE TO Another Nov Pop Victim FIND OUT HOW quot I don t know how to describe this when I Another Pop Nov Victim turn on my computer there s a little box that pops up like it s trying to configure or connect to something I ve never ran into this problem and I don t know if this has anything to do with POP NOV Sometimes this sign pops up IEFEATURES CIE Instance Connect When I open my windows explorer folder if I want to view my quot recycle bin quot through that folder it automatically directs me to POP NOV s main page Those are the problems I ve noticed so far I used AVG to get rid of Another Pop Nov Victim the virus but that did not work So I downloaded quot The Cleaner quot and that worked But after I cleared all the viruses about or the problems I just listed above are still occurring Is there anything I can do to fix those problems above I would especially like to get rid of POP NOV because I am thinking I could be wrong that all these problems are happening BECAUSE of POP NOV Just a word of note I m really bad with computer terms and parts of it If any suggestions or advice to fix my problems please list it step by step or else I ll totally destroy my computer Thanks in advance Christine nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Greetings - newbie here I have cleaned with Norton Ad-Aware and Pest Patrol - all updated The computer seems clean momentarily but then IE is hijacked to quot dubolom com quot and rebooting gives the Win Min not responding error message My HijackThis log Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Min Another - Victim Win Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus Win Min - Another Victim navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System WFXSVC EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files ResChanger XP ResChangerXP exe C WINDOWS System wfxsnt exe C Program Files Symantec WinFax WFXMOD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files WinPortrait wpctrl exe C Program Files WinPortrait wpctrl exe C WINDOWS System lrofqt exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEengine exe C WINDOWS System NDrv exe C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Jason Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http dubolom com sp htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http dubolom com index htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dubolom com index htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http dubolom com sp htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http dubolom com index htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c windows googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run ResChangerXP C Program Files ResChanger XP ResChangerXP exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler C Program Files Corel WordPerfect Office programs QFSCHD EXE O - HKLM Run PivotSoftware quot C Program Files WinPortrait wpctrl exe quot O - HKLM Run PestPatrol Control Center C PROGRA PESTPA PPControl exe O - HKLM Run PPMemCheck C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe O - HKLM Run CookiePatrol C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe O - HKCU Run CursorXP C Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe O - HKCU Run IEengine C Program Files Internet Explorer IEengine exe O - HKCU Run NDrv C WINDOWS System NDrv exe O - Startup Webshots lnk C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c windows GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res c windows GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item GuruNet - file C Program Files GuruNet Html atiemenu htm O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res c windows GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c windows GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Microsoft JavaScript Console HKLM O - Extra Tools menu... Read more

A:Win Min - Another Victim

Download CW Shredder:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/c.bennett03/moboswindowclinic1.html
Open and hit the ->fix tab to fix all found problems

CW Shredder takes advantage of security holes in windows so you should install all critical as well as hot fixes available from windows update.
Create a folder on your hard drive somewhere like in "My Documents" and name it Hijackthis
Download 'Hijack This to its own folder http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/c.bennett03/HijackThis.exe
Doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, load it in Notepad, and copy its contents here. Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-min-another-victim.244653/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

Need help. I installed IE8 today and really unhappy to see the way it works. Loaded with bugs right now.

I need to go back to IE 7.
Please advice how I can do this.

Here is what I have already tried.
1. Tried looking under control Panel but could not see IE8 that I could uninstall.
2. So I simply tried to install IE7. But the message that I get is "This OS does not support IE7". I am on Vista Home Premium.

Please advice with clear steps as I am a lettle new to this.
Thaanks in anticipation.

A:I am a victim of IE8

see the following on how to uninstall - scroll down 3/4 the page
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-am-a-victim-of-ie8-286790.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Please help, I have fallen victim to the ABI network. I was going to try and solve this by following other's directions but am afraid since each computer is personal. I am not sure what to do or how to do it. I have Spybot on my machine but it never cleans it out totally. HELP

A:Another victim of ABI

AdAware SE 1.06 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html - * NEW *
MS AntiSpy - http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-fca2f2c6f0cc/MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe (XP and W2K only)

DL them (they are free), install them, check each for their
definition updates and then run AdAware and Spybot, fixing anything
they say.

Run this tool - http://www.mypctuneup.com/evaluate.php

Do these and reboot before the next step.

Then get HiJack This V1.99.1 http://thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe - double click the DL file
And let it extract to its default folder C:\Program FIles\HiJackThis, run it from there, DO NOT fix anything, post the log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-victim-of-abi.371874/
Relevancy 35.69%

this is a gr site BECAUSE I NEED HELP I too am having win min problems I just hope i havent messed things up too much trying to fix things on my own I did hijack I would really be happy if you could help me with this here is the log Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss another min victim win exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files another win min victim Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files another win min victim Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C WINDOWS System msvcmm exe C Program Files Movielink MovielinkManager M Tray exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess TaskPanl exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup winlogon exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http start-search com sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http start-search com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start-search com sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http start-search com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default O - BHO EarthLink Popup Blocker - B F E - F - a-B -B E C EDF - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - f cb e-c f- a - e-fae b e - C WINDOWS madise dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Pop-Up Blocker - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - C Program Files EarthLink TotalAccess PnEL dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate... Read more