Windows Support Forum

integrated vs. dedicated graphics

Q: integrated vs. dedicated graphics

I have a game (Aura: fate of the ages) that says it needs graphics that support DirectX 8 and has 32MB of memory. Is it possible to run this game on integrated graphics if at least 32MB of RAM is shared to it? Or will I need graphics with its own memory? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: integrated vs. dedicated graphics

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 90.3%

First here are my specs Toshiba Qosmio LAPTOP custom model Intel Core i GHz Intel R HD Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX M gb of DDR Issue & Graphics Integrated Dedicated RAM gb hard drive space Windows and currently updated All drivers are updated to their latest versions as possible My issue which I have looked all over on many other forums is this Games are not recognizing my Nvidia card and are utilizing my HD Graphics card instead I looked on many other forums and they said to make sure this list is checked Graphics Drivers updated check Tell Nvidia Control Pannel to utilize the Nvidia card first check Make sure all other drivers are also updated check All else fails follow the steps into the BIOS and switch the priority setting for the graphics cards to make use of the Nvidia card first instead of the integrated graphics card error I proceeded into the BIOS but there is literally no option for me to do so as I ve seen on other videos and forums of people doing the Integrated & Dedicated Graphics Issue same It s like it doesn t exist Toshiba s website states it doesn t have a BIOS update for the computer this computer is years old now If there is one I ve been unable to find it However I am clueless as to why this would be an issue if it were one the hardware has not changed since I bought it This is an issue for reasons VRAM I am unable to play certain games which require more VRAM and they crash and are set to the lowest setting of graphics despite the card being able to handle most graphics on High and some on Ultra in games BSOD when I was playing a game with enhanced graphics when there would be too much action on screen the entire computer would freeze in it s tracks and enter a BSOD vdr error but ONLY when the computer couldn t handle the graphics later i learned it is because it is indeed NOT using the NVIDA card but rather the HD card Despite forcing nvidia to use the card the computer refuses to I ruled out the game s to having any fault after I learned which card it was using even with added DLC Skyrim modded Path of Exile Not demanding but still Civilization Beyond Earth I am also an architecture student who uses programs like ds max revit amp archicad If my HD card is doing all the heavy lifting it might stress it out so if it s not working as intended I am concerned that it is also not helping these programs Both the Intel HD Graphics control panel and the Nvidia control panel have no effect on the priority of the cards being used even despite Nvidia Control Panel having an option to do it I was first weary about doing anything in the BIOS but to my worry there is no option to change this inside the BIOS i m clueless as what to do next I double checked and looked for it under every tab and advanced options No luck Is this hopeless It seems the extra for the video card i spent would be wasted I d appreciate the help thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrated-dedicated-graphics-issue.1158904/
Relevancy 88.15%

I got a Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 Laptop, with all the drivers up-to-date (including beta drivers).

http://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/prod...Product%20Info

The laptop features an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 video card and a NVidia GeForce 840M.

The trick is that everytime I'm playing a game that is a bit older (not recognized by NVidia GeForce Experience, it runs with the Integrated Graphics card). And yes, I've tried to set to run globally with the dedicated card.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/62373-games-running-integrated-graphics-card-instead-dedicated-one.html
Relevancy 69.23%

is there a chance or a way that a integrated laptop be a dedicated ??

my laptop has an intel HD 3000,and in my lappy sticker it says "1760 MB dynamic video memory" what does it mean?

is there a way to use all of 1760MB for VRAM?

like boosting it to for example 1gb of vram,sorry i dont have knowlegde about intel family T_T

im noob about GPUs T_T

need help please do see my system specs for recommendations

A:is integrated GPu can be a dedicated in laptop

the bit of using more VRAM I highly doubt it and you cant upgrade the graphics card to any one thats dedicate like nvidia GTX series etc. I have that graphics ard but not the 3000. About the VRAM i doubt you can get it higher as I said but I may be wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/242220-integrated-gpu-can-dedicated-laptop.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I Can't Fix This Problem
can anyone fix this problem ?
i search on google but that's not work

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-45-Can-t-Switch-from-integrated-to-Dedicated-GPU-Lenovo-G40/td-p/3425537
Relevancy 68.37%

I sold my Creative X-Fi Titanium HD a month ago. The reason is because I didn't hear any difference in sound quality compared to my integrated soundcard (VIA VT2021).

The music I'm playing is 1047 Kbps FLAC and my speaker is Swan HiVi M50W ($280).

Am I doing something wrong? Should there be any difference between them or soundcards are just marketing gimmick?

Thank you.

A:Dedicated Vs. Integrated Soundcard: No difference.

Not necessarily with a 2.1 setup. When you're listening to a 5.1 speaker setup with media that supports it, then you should hear a difference.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/32935-dedicated-vs-integrated-soundcard-no-difference.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I was wondering if it was possible to replace my laptops GMAHD integrated card with a, I don't know, nVidia 9600GT. Click my specs button for my... you know, specs.

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just plugged my monitor into the new card (HD4770) and it works, did not disable or uninstall the integrated graphics. the integrated is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE chipset. The performance index went higher on paper but other than having better resolution I don't see a huge improvment. I still have video lag trying to watch streaming hd movies and my new camera (Panasonic Lumix ZS7) wont play video in HD over my computer. Must I disable and even uninstall the old integrated graphics too or am I missing something else?

A:I just installed a new graphics card, must I disable the old integrated graphics?

Have a look in your bios to see if it has an option to boot from pci-e or intergrated.
What is the motherboard you are using?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/281312-i-just-installed-new-graphics-card-must-i-disable-old-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently installed a PCIe graphics card nVidia GTX Ti on my ASUS P Z -V MB running Windows and an Intel ONLY enabled when integrated graphics PCIe graphics works i processor The goal was to get displayport so I PCIe graphics works ONLY when integrated graphics enabled could use a higher resolution monitor In the BIOS I changed the quot system agent quot graphics setting to make the PCIe graphics card the primary video When I do that the machine seems to boot and the MB splash screen offering the option to enter BIOS comes up on a monitor attached to the PCIe videocard but Windows never fires up the PCIe videocard If I set the MB to enable integrated graphics the machine boots into Windows fine and Windows uses the videocard Monitors attached to the videocard get the Windows display and if no monitors are attached to the Intel integrated graphics the Intel graphics software does not run The problem is that with the Intel integrated video set to be the primary video I don't get the splash screen on monitors attached to the PCIe card nor I PCIe graphics works ONLY when integrated graphics enabled suspect would I see Windows recovery screens should something go wrong though I don't PCIe graphics works ONLY when integrated graphics enabled know If I attach a monitor to the Intel integrated video then Intel's graphic engine runs in Windows and I'd rather it did not As per usual I don't know if this is a Windows problem or a MB problem or a graphics card problem Since the MB bios splash screen goes to the right monitor for the MB setting I am presuming the problem is in Windows But I cannot imagine what that would be I did the usual updates on general principles so latest MB bios latest Intel and nVidia drivers all Windows updates Any help thinking this thru would be appreciated

A:PCIe graphics works ONLY when integrated graphics enabled

Not sure how your motherboard works but may need the Intel graphics enabled for the dedicated card to work. Do you have the latest Intel graphics drivers installed? Have you tried installing the Nvidia drivers when on the Intel graphics?

Could also try reverting to the basic graphics drivers in Device Manager when on the Intel, then switch to the dedicated in BIOS and see if it will boot with the basic driver installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/65677-pcie-graphics-works-only-when-integrated-graphics-enabled.html
Relevancy 60.2%

i am looking to buy a new graphics card to upgrade from the integrated crap that is ati x200 series 64 mb which although i didnt realize really wasnt what i needed to play battlefield 2142 and battlefield 2 so please help me i don have a clue what im doing in this area i have pci-e slots and a 100 budget

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-upgrde-from-integrated-64-mb-graphics-to-real-graphics-card.654809/
Relevancy 59.34%

i want to buy a graphics card for my pc but lots od people say that if your dedicated graphics is more power full than your apu graphics it will bottleneck your pc -1-is this true or -2-if it is would you recomend a graphics card to me thank you-dipdapslap

A:intergrated apu graphics + dedicated graphics=?

Hello dipdap mate personally I prefer NVidia as I had no end of problems and issues with AMD stuff.

Now I am of the opinion that a plug in GPU is better than on board stuff which is usually ok these days for day to day stuff. Now this brings me to what do you intend to do graphically with your machine??

As for bottle necking unless I have it terribly wrong plugging in a card disconnects the motherboard graphics so in effect it would be in theory impossible to run both at once.

It also depends on your budget but generally speaking out where I am this would cost you $179 GeForce GTX 750 Ti which is reasonably good for general use and light gaming to $429 for this ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Turbo 4GB - I like Asus stuff as you may have guessed and I use the Asus GTX 650Ti in both my desktops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398028-intergrated-apu-graphics-dedicated-graphics.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I currently have two monitors connected and was wondering if the graphics card able to support a four monitor display without any issues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-the-current-graphics-card-Integrated-graphics-using-ATI/td-p/5742906
Relevancy 58.48%

My GPU is broken I m going from a GT to a GTX and therefore the crappy PSU for Dedicated graphics winpower PSU in my computer isn Dedicated PSU for graphics t going to cut it I m aware that a good solid w PSU should do the job but quite frankly I m not paying for a PSU No way Dedicated PSU for graphics Is there any good reason I can t use something like this http www hardwarehounds com techspotlight powerexpress shtml Seems logical because it s future proof etc etc So it s only ish Also another thing Cheap PSUs etc are overrated by their manufacturers but if you took say a w cheap PSU and made that dedicated for the GPU the GPU is never going to take more than w anyway less than what my computer is using with the w winpower in my machine Is there a reason I can t just buy a cheap one and make that dedicated for graphics How can it break explode if it works fine on my w computer and I swap it into a w card nbsp

A:Dedicated PSU for graphics

You mean besides that your Winpower could fry your entire system and cost you far more than $50?

Never used that Thermal take, but my main question is where would you put it? Do you keep your system on a test bench or in a case, as there are no mounting places for that in a typical case.

How much is that dedicated PSU? I would just buy a decent regular PSU and save yourself time, energy and a fried PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dedicated-psu-for-graphics.872371/
Relevancy 58.05%

I wanna buy a new laptop mostly for graphic work/gaming and im almost sure that i want the HP DV5-100 model. I've red that it has Nvidia GF9600 512mb dedicated graphics card which is what i need, however elsewhere i found its specifications which says that this laptop doesnt have dedicated graphics... Would you tell me if GF9600 actually is a dedicated graphics card or not? Im not very keen on computers and am a bit confused.

Thanks a lot!

A:Is it a dedicated graphics card?

It seems it doesn't have 9600GT. Instead, I read it has GeForce Go 7400

For example here.. Nevermind, just assumed after finding 3 times the same specs...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-a-dedicated-graphics-card.745052/
Relevancy 58.05%

Im looking into getting a laptop and although im waiting till Feb and the launch of Vista im looking now.

One of the things that comes up, especialy on sites such as Dell where you can build your PC online is Graphics and video cards/controllers.

For the laptop i was looking at i had a choice between 256 Shared, 128 Dedicated (+79), 256 Dedicated (+120)

Now the 256 dedicated is a bit expensive for me so ignore that.

1 plan to getting 2Gb RAM and 1.8Ghz Duel Core proccessor in it. I will be running Vista Home Premium, game, music, video, and many applications at once.

What should i go for:

256Mb Shared Graphics
or
128Mb Dedicated Graphics

?

Thanks Guys

Relevancy 58.05%

Do I have to have a dedicated graphics card to record video?

My device manager / sound, video, game controller / legacy video capture devices, shows no 'properties' , and Windows Movie Maker has 'audio only' for the record option... What's up?

Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm not that techy but heres what I have: -Lenovo Z50-75-8GB Ram-AMD Radeon r7 m260dx graphics (one integrated power saving graphics and one high performance dedicated graphics card)-Windows 10 No matter what I've tried so far I cannot get the high performance graphics card to run X-Plane. Therefore it is using the power saving integrated one which means I can barely play the game on its minimum graphics settings and I know it should be able to do a lot better! I've been into the AMD control centre and set the game to run on the 'high performance gpu' yet when I select the power application monitor it shows that its never the high performance dedicated gpu being used, just the intigrated one! Any ideas to help me get this working anyone?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/How-can-I-get-the-dedicated-graphics-card-in-my-Lenovo-Z50-75-to/td-p/3321310
Relevancy 58.05%

(Not sure if this is the right place to put this..)
Hello there,
Last week I purchased a new HP Pavilion g6 laptop. It has Windows 7 Home Premium(64-bit), a 750GB hard drive, 6GB RAM, and a AMD A4 Dual Core processor(2.4GHz) with Radeon HD Graphics. The graphics card has about 3GB of graphics memory but only 512MB is dedicated to video memory and because of that, I cant play certain games and if they do work, they lag ALOT! So I would like to change the amount of dedicated video memory...is there any way to do that??? Pleaseeee helpppp meeee. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire G- It has switchable graphics with Intel Graphics as well as AMD Radeon M GB VRAM I've already solved my first obstacle which was Graphics Memory Dedicated how to set my laptop to only run the Radeon Graphics However my new problem is that I am not sure if it is performing at it's max capacity After some research on the internet I came across the program called GPU-Z to monitor my memory usage In the quot Memory Usage Dedicated quot section it states that the highest number it achieved while I Dedicated Graphics Memory was running a game Arma was mbs This seems to be far below the GBS of VRAM that my graphics card is stated to have Some additional information on this is I originally figured out how to set my dedicated card as my main graphics through a method posted in this thread that I found on the sevenforums website Acer Laptop Switchable Graphics using i amp AMD Radeon Refer to post Also browsing through the thread on page post another user appears to have a similar problem that I am experiencing He later states that he figured out how to rectify the problem but did not post the solution My system specs are Acer Aspire G- Intel Core i - M Switchable Graphics Intel and AMD Radeon M GB VRAM GB DDR MEMORY GB HDD So my question is is this normal to only be maxing out at mbs I'm new to dealing with graphics cards so any help is appreciated If any additional information is required feel free to ask Thank you

A:Dedicated Graphics Memory

If the game only required 560 MB of video memory then that is all it needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246210-dedicated-graphics-memory.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone I own the Lenovo Z - and I would like to know if it's possible to use only the dedicated graphics card for gaming on this laptop to How Z50-75 the on graphics use card dedicated First of all my system specs are nbsp CPU AMD FX- GHz RAM GB GB in use GPU Radeon R integrated How to use the dedicated graphics card on Z50-75 shares GB with RAM Radeon R M DX dedicated with GB VRAM OS Windows Ultimate x nbsp I know this laptop comes with the AMD's Dual Graphics nbsp feature The problem is that most games don't work well with this setting I had problems in many nbsp games with Dual Graphics enabled such as screen flickering Therefore I would like to use only the dedicated card but no matter what I try it seems impossible to get it working seperately from the integrated card nbsp I monitor the GPU load using GPU-Z and the only way I could get nbsp the dedicated graphics card to show activity was nbsp when I enabled dual graphics with AFR Friendly mode Without Dual Graphics it never turns on But it is supposed to turn on nbsp when I set the power plan on High performance right nbsp What I've tried so far nbsp nbsp Disabled Dual Graphics and set every possible setting on nbsp High Performance under nbsp power nbsp plan and CCC The integrated card was used instead of the dedicated nbsp Enabled Dual Graphics but set the game profile in CCC not to use Dual Graphics No luck nbsp Plugged the laptop on an external HDMI monitor to see if the dedicated graphics card is enabled Didn't help nbsp Tried to disable the integrated graphics card under Device Manager in Windows just in case the dedicated graphics card was nbsp forced to be active The result was to get x resolution and the AMD autodetect tool couldn't find any drivers nbsp Tried nbsp the same procedures under nbsp Windows and Windows no luck nbsp I should also mention nbsp that there aren't many options in BIOS only the Graphics Device setting which gives two options Dual Graphics and UMA Only integraded dedicated or just integrated nbsp I searched for hours on the internet and I don't know what else to do Either I'm missing something or my laptop is mulfunctioning nbsp Any suggestions nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Bumping more frequently than days unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards Bumping post s removed Solved Go to Solution

A:How to use the dedicated graphics card on Z50-75

Your point 1 should work for using the dedicated GPU.
From what I read, "Dual Graphics" from AMD is not a good working feature at the moment. You should do Point 1 (you mentioned).

Also, switch to Windows 8.1
Apply GPU updates.
Apply BIOS updates (if any).
Play a game and make sure you connected to AC power.

Try older AMD drivers, if the latest one gives problems.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/How-to-use-the-dedicated-graphics-card-on-Z50-75/td-p/2212257
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm Trying to change the Dedicated graphics memory for my Laptop Since right now its only 256 MB out of the 3067 MB It has. I can't figure out how to change it.

Computer Specs :

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer TOSHIBA
Model Satellite C650D
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 233 GB
Disk partition (C: ) 55 GB Free (233 GB Total)
Media drive (D: ) CD/DVD
Media drive (F: ) CD/DVD
Media drive (G: ) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Total available graphics memory 3067 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2811 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.632.1.2000
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

A:How do I change Dedicated graphics memory

Proactiveboomer, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Unless there is an option in the bios to change it to 512 MB, you can't. Also if it is there and you increase, you will also have less system memory.

As far as that 3067 MB available that is the total of dedicated and shared, and the shared only gets used if/when the dedicated is filled up. This might help some,

Video Memory Virtualization - A Brief Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236955-how-do-i-change-dedicated-graphics-memory.html
Relevancy 57.19%

It seems as though, my Dedicated graphics card will not turn on even after i specifically changed the settings in "Switchable Graphics Application Settings" What do I do to solve this problem?

Capture.PNG ?184 KB

A:Dedicated Graphics Card Disabled

Have you done anything in BIOS like UMA graphics or something else..... ? ThanksKamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help....

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Dedicated-Graphics-Card-Disabled/td-p/3345814
Relevancy 57.19%

hey guys...
im having an acer aspire 5740 laptop
which come with intel hd graphics and ati radeon hd 5650 1 gb graphics""
but after reformat when i updated my vga graphic adapter it is only showing intel hd graphics
when i open my screen resolution setting its shows"
TOTAL AVAILABLE GRAPHIC MEMORY :- 1274
DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY :- 128 MB

PLZ HELP ME GUYS........

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I would like to find out how much dedicated graphics/video memory I have and how much I have in total. If I'm not using all of it, how can I dedicate the rest of the memory so all of it is in use?

Thanks in advance,
Jaidyn

A:How can I find out and set dedicated graphics memory?

Wow, I'm not even sure where to begin in correcting your misconceptions about what video memory is.

The OS will allocate video memory for several things, among them is the actual video display (the pixels shown on your screen). This memory is typically much smaller than the total amount of memory your card has, but that extra memory is used by programs (such as Aero, or 3D Games) to create textures, do compositing, or various other tasks. This is dedicated video memory and cannot be used for anything other than video GPU memory.

Ok, I lied, that's not entirely true. Some video chipsets (notably Intel) can share video memory with the host computer, and you can change the amount of memory is allocated to video rather than system memory. That memory must still be dedicated to video memory though, once you set it in the bios.

In any event, video memory is video memory. Your system will use what you have, and any extra goes unused if it's not needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/163685-how-can-i-find-out-set-dedicated-graphics-memory.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys and girls,

I've been having a little trouble lately with my dedicated graphics card. My integrated is working fine, but my dedicated graphics card isn't even being detected (via device manager) let alone working.

I opened my case up and saw that on startup my fan budges a little bit as if it has life, but then fails to fully fire up. Yesterday i reseated it, cleaned it and the motherboard slot with some compressed air, swapped pcie cables and power cycled ect, and it worked like a charm, running everything I wanted it to. But the morning after it reverted back to its undetectable, idle state. a I retried everything that I did before, nothing happened.

So now I come to you, could I get some help please?

my graphics card is AMD HD Radeon 7800

Thankyou so much in advance!

A:dedicated Graphics Card not starting?

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dedicated-graphics-card-not-starting.1150748/
Relevancy 57.19%

So I have a little issue. I started playing GTA V on PC today and I can not even play in 1920x1080 due to too low VRAM. I checked the graphics info on Windows and the Total available graphics memory is 4800mb. However, only 1024mb is in dedicated memory. It would be safe to increase to like 1070-1100mb, right? However, I can not find any settings to change this in my BIOS. I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 motherboard. Is there any way to change this? Would so want to change this. Btw, my GPU is an ATI Radeon HD 5850 and RAM is 8GB DDR3.

A:Increase Dedicated Graphics Memory

No, you can`t change it.

Not sure why you`re having problems with the game.

Maybe it`s time for a better card.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=0

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/367126-increase-dedicated-graphics-memory.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i have an hp compaq dx2400 desktop , with nVidea graphics card    I want to run two monitors that can be pluged only using the standard VGA cable , so I pluged one in the nvidea card and the other in the motherboard . the problem is that they can't be run at the same time , i can either activate the onboard graphics or the dedicated one . in the BIOS settings > advanced > premium graphics , i can only choose to run the onboard one or the "PCi-e " one ,i checked all other bios settings but i can't find something could make them run together .  could  it be a bios problem  ? so if i update the bios a new option will be availble  to run onboard graphics along with dedicated ? any help please 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/running-on-board-gpu-and-dedicated-graphics-at-the-same-time/td-p/5778755
Relevancy 57.19%

So this is an issue that I've had for about a year or so but it kinda wasn't important to me that much until now nbsp nbsp Basically not working Dedicated card graphics what happened My fan was getting really loud and my laptop Dedicated graphics card not working would overheat nothing would help not even vacuuming it So i decided to open my laptop but for some reason I couldn't get the entire cover off and I ended up not cleaning the fan so I decided to give it to a company to clean it for me They did a great job but when I got the laptop back one of the graphics cards wasnt working the dedicated radeon one Not working means it wouldnt show up anywere as if it Dedicated graphics card not working wasnt even in the laptop i couldnt find it in device manager or anything so my guess is its actually disconnected Due to a number of reasons I could not get back to the company to make them fix what they did but since I Dedicated graphics card not working didnt really need the graphics card I didnt mind That was until now Now since I want to do some video editing a bit more hardcore gaming etc I would realy need the graphics card so I decided to open my laptop and I managed to find a video on how to do it and I did it When i got in I could clean the fan but I simply dont know where the graphics card is so i could reconnect it I've been searching all around trying to find it but i cant Can somebody please tell me how its supposed to look like where I can find it and how i can reconnect it nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Dedicated-graphics-card-not-working/td-p/5654563
Relevancy 57.19%

I actually think it's integrated but yeah how do I do it According to running a random game on systemrequirementslab com Dead Island my dedicated video RAM is mb which is bleh It's not a custom built I bought it from the store Here are specs according to dxdiag System Info Operating System Windows -bit Build System Manufacturer Dell Inc dedicated more How Video graphics RAM card? my to do add I System Model Inspiron BIOS A Processor Intel R Core TM i How do I add more dedicated Video RAM to my graphics card? - U CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page file MB used MB available DirectX Version DirectX ------------------------------- Device Name Intel R HD Graphics Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Family DAC Type How do I add more dedicated Video RAM to my graphics card? Internal Device Type Full Display Device Approx Total Memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor -------------------------------- DirectX Features DirectDraw Acceleration Enabled Direct D Acceleration How do I add more dedicated Video RAM to my graphics card? Enabled AGP Texture Acceleration Enabled -------------------------------- Drivers Main Driver Just a bunch of random letters and numbers too long and runs out of view Version Blank space Date AM WHQL Logo'd Yes Feature Levels Driver Model WDDM -------------------------------- I'm really bad with technical stuff in computers so be REALLY detailed

A:How do I add more dedicated Video RAM to my graphics card?

The only detail you need to know - you just cant do it. And its not bleh, video ram is the last thing you should look at, it doesnt give you anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/23800-how-do-i-add-more-dedicated-video-ram-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello My girlfriend has a Lenovo y Touch with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX m GPU It has perfomed well however when I recently installed AutoCAD on it I Touch HELP! Graphics. not using Lenovo y50 Dedicated found out that it is actually using the Intel Integrated graphics card instead Rant This is very disappointing because I advised her to purchase this one because of the dedicated graphics and if it is not even going to use it then she could have saved a lot of money buying one without it Anyways I have tried a few things to fix it namely going to the Nvidia Control Panel and chaning the prefered graphics card to to the Nvidia But I right-click on autocad and go to Run with Graphics Processor gt it still shows the intel as the default and even when I chose Lenovo y50 Touch not using Dedicated Graphics. HELP! nvidia the intel is still shown as the graphics processor from the autocad setting In short I need help enabling the dedicated nvidia graphics card and using Lenovo y50 Touch not using Dedicated Graphics. HELP! that insetad of the intel integrated Any help is much appreciated Please Lenovo y50 Touch not using Dedicated Graphics. HELP! let me know what additional information would be needed

A:Lenovo y50 Touch not using Dedicated Graphics. HELP!

See this AutoCad knowledgebase. Hopefully you can disable the intel card in BIOS as the article states.

Edit: This could lead to trouble I will post the link shortly. Here it is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566818/lenovo-y50-touch-not-using-dedicated-graphics-help/
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings good people I know Problems on graphics laptop using dedicated with i am new here but i really need some help Problems with using dedicated graphics on laptop I recently bought asus k t series laptop with integrated radeon hd g and dedicated radeon hd m graphic cards My problem starts there I installed the chipset drivers provided on dvd which came with laptop and instead of catalyst control center i got vision control center Vision control center Problems with using dedicated graphics on laptop shows that my integrated graphic is primary while dedicated one is linked adapter I taught that it should be like that so i went to switchable graphic options which offers me to chose between power sawing mode which should be using integrated adapter and high performance mode which should be using dedicated But when Problems with using dedicated graphics on laptop i tested a game i got no difference between those two modes I have been trying to find out for days if i can use only dedicated graphic card because my bios does not offer me that option and vision center offers me to use just integrated or both linked together which does not give better performance than just integrated Drivers for both cards are installed since device manager can see them both but when i run dxdiag or cpuz gpuz hwmonitor etc it detects only the integrated graphic So i am really looking forward for your help and i am hoping you can provide me with a solution to how can i use just dedicated graphic card or what is a proper way of using this cards i have got

A:Problems with using dedicated graphics on laptop

Hi probotzor, Welcome to the forums, It's always advisable to download the latest drivers from the manfs website ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS K53TA the supplied DVD is sometimes out of date and does'nt contain the latest drivers , I think catylist control centre as changed name now to vision control centre, update your drivers from Asus website , If that does'nt help you please post back and we will do our best to help

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/268302-problems-using-dedicated-graphics-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello.I've had this issue for about a year now, but since it was never really that important, i just let it go. BUt now, I would really need a fix. Basically what happened is that I had an issue with my cooling fan, it was ful of dust. So i had it cleaned out by a company, but when i got my laptop back, my dedicated amd graphics no longer worked. But not only that, it was literally gone from every scan. Cant find it under device manager, not in the dxdiag, not anywhere. SO my guess is that it must have been somehow disconnected. My question is, how can i reconnect it. Where on the motherboard do i find the connection between the graphics card and the motherboard. I dont know if these 2 are connected, but my cd/dvd rom also no longer works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Dedicated-graphics-card-gone/td-p/5852601
Relevancy 57.19%

I want to play games, so can i install nvidia graphic card in Lenovo Ideapad 310?If yes, then which will be the best. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-310-Dedicated-Graphics/td-p/3451050
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi nbsp I have a HP Omen laptop that has Intel integrated graphics not HP utilizing dedicated Omen graphics and a dedicated Nvidia GTX m graphics I have this laptop for just over a year and HP Omen not utilizing dedicated graphics everything has been going fine Recently performance in games have been very bad I don't think games are ACTUALLY using the Nvidia driver even though it says it is nbsp I used to be able to play GTA and RimWorld with great FPS over Now GTA can't even get FPS and RimWorld gets about I did not change anything with Nvidia drivers nbsp Thinking this was a software problem I performed a clean install of Windows and it did not fix anything Picture of GTA using the Nvidia graphics http i imgur com NSOL L pngBy the look of the performance it would seem that it is using the Intel graphics instead of the Nvidia even though it says it is using the Nvidia graphics Especially because usually in graphic intensive games like GTA you would hear the fans spinning for the Nvidia graphics nbsp Both the Nvidia graphics and Intel graphic drivers are up-to-date nbsp I ran a benchmark test in GTA with Normal Low settings with GPU-Z running in the background GTA was getting about FPS In the past on the same laptop I used to be able to get FPS on High settings Here is a picture of the GPU-Z http i imgur com vI tLR pngThe GPU load is being maxed out at as well as the memory and core clock The GPU temperature is not rising however and on my machine you cannot hear the GPU fan spinning previously you would be able to in GTA nbsp Could this be a hardware issue with the Nvidia graphics card or most likely a software issue Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Omen-not-utilizing-dedicated-graphics/td-p/5717053
Relevancy 57.19%

Does anyone know why these 2 totals are different ?

Shouldn`t they both be 6 GB ?

A:Different dedicated graphics memory amounts on 980 Ti

Probably how windows see 's the ram in sli

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/385550-different-dedicated-graphics-memory-amounts-980-ti.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have found that any Vista or W7 machine that has a "0" value indicated in the Dedicated System Memory fails to run my apps. So there is no easy way to change this value? i dont expect a user to change a bios setting.

A:Dedicated system memory for graphics card as zero?

Dedicated system memory is what the CARD gives to the PC. So if you have an app taking most of your ram, the card will give it its own DEDICATED system memory. But your pc has dedicated GRAPHICS that is for aero and gaming. So if you have 1GB= 1024 MB and 64MB DEDICATED SYSTEM MEMORY, your COMPUTER can use 1088MB TOTAL for APPS.

hope this helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285151-dedicated-system-memory-graphics-card-zero.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought an used W540, 20BG0014US. I am confused about the graphics. There are two display adapters shown in the Device Manager. But they are actually one thing? And there are only 64MB dedicated memory and all others are shared and up to 2GB in total. That's why its Windows Experience Index for Graphics is only 5.3 and lower than my old W510 which is 6.4. Is this right? or my used W540 needs some configrations? 

A:W540 graphics only has 64MB dedicated memory?

Good day.

Your W540 has dual graphics: the HD4600 is integrated into the CPU/chipset system, while the nVidia is technically discrete.

Here's the factory config of the MTM you provided:
i7-4800MQ (3.70 GHz), 8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, 15.6in 1926x1080 LCD, NVIDIA N15P-Q1, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11abgn wireless, Bluetooth, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure Chip, Camera, 9c Li-Ion, Win 7 Pro 64

In every case I've seen, Intel HD integrated graphics have 64MB of dedicated VRAM, and then a quantity of shared RAM is allocated as needed, and managed by the system. Searching on: NVIDIA N15P-Q1, I see references to 2GB of dedicated VRAM.

The reason, I believe, that you may see lower WEI scores on the W540 is that it may default to HD graphics for the benchmark. I don't know if it's possible to force the benchmark to use the dGPU. I'll leave that to more knowledgable members.

Hope this helps a bit.
Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W540-graphics-only-has-64MB-dedicated-memory/td-p/1718269
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently installed Vista Business on my laptop and am now getting error messages when I try to play games. Games that initially worked on XP Pro are now giving me error message when I boot them saying that I only have 32 mb of dedicated graphics memory. However, my graphics card Nvidia Geforce Go 6200) is supposed to have 128 mb of dedicated memory. I am wondering why my video card no longer has the same amount of RAM dedicated to it, and how I might be able to fix the problem. All of the drivers have been updated with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

So, I have a toshiba P50-B-11L, a model that has 2 graphics card: the integrated intel D 4600, and the dedicated AMD R9 M265X. I needed to reset the laptop to factory, and I can't find the R9 in anywhere. I tried to install the drivers with no success. In the device manager, it only shows the intel graphics card in the display adapters. The AMD is hidden (or is it broken?) If I can't find a solution I will send the laptop to RMA, but it is the laptop the I use to work too, and until I dont receive a replacement one, I want to try to find a solution for this problem (without void the warranty)

Best regards,

Diogo Costa

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92158-Satellite-P50-B-11L-Can-t-find-dedicated-graphics-card-anywhere
Relevancy 56.76%

please help me dear

model laptop flex2 -15"

thank you  thank you  help me

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1696 MBDedicated Video Memory:64MBSystem Video Memory: 0 MBShared System Memory: 1632MB??

Moderator comment: New post created. Email address(es) removed to defeat spambots.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/flex2-15-quot-graphics-only-has-64MB-dedicated-memory/td-p/3397015
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I am thinking of upgrading my old Dell Inspiron s after several years in order to run some of the latest games at high graphics settings and better performance That said while I know my way around technology and software I m still pretty much a novice when it comes to hardware I understand that if I want any sort of decent graphics card I ll need to check my motherboard for a PCI Express X slot Based on the model of my computer is graphics dedicated card questions Installing there a way to know if I have one or do I need to take off the back and check myself Assuming I do have such a slot what are the steps I need to go through to install a new card I believe my computer currently runs on Installing dedicated graphics card questions integrated graphics so are there any issues with switching over there If I don t have a PCI Express X slot Installing dedicated graphics card questions then what are my options Would I need to buy a completely new computer Replace the entire motherboard Or is there a quot hopefully quot much easier solution I would be grateful for any and all advice that is directed my way

A:Installing dedicated graphics card questions

The 620S has no room for a card that will run most games.
GT 610 Low profile card is the only option.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=a6116820

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19991993
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I have bought a Lenovo 3000 G530 4446 Laptop:

The man told me it is a 256MB graphics card (Onboard)..

But i have been wondering until now and have not yet made sure what graphic card it is can you please tell me?

What i see in the Advanced Settings in Windows about the adapter is this:

Can you tell me what is: Total Available Graphics Memory - Dedicated Video Memory - System Video Memory - Shared system Memory??

Is the Dedicated Video Memory the value of the graphics card itself?? 32MB??

Please give me a constant answer.....

Thanks.

A:Help with my Graphics card and Dedicated Video Memory,please!

Dedicated is just what it sounds like. I think of it as a "minimum," amount of video memory. The shared memory is basically what the rest of your unused pc ram will let you use.

In turn, he kind of lied, but not really. Or maybe he didnt know(giving the benefit of the doubt).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-graphics-card-and-dedicated-video-memory-please.154374/
Relevancy 56.76%

So this is an issue that I've had for about pavilion dv7 on graphics Dedicated my Reconnecting my card a year or so but it kinda wasn't important to me that much until now nbsp nbsp Basically what happened My fan was getting really loud and my laptop would overheat nothing would help not even vacuuming it So i decided to open my laptop but for some reason I couldn't get the entire cover off and I ended up not cleaning the fan so I decided to give it to a company to clean it for me They did a great job but when I got the laptop back one of the graphics cards wasnt working the dedicated radeon one Not working means it wouldnt show up anywere as if it wasnt even in the laptop i couldnt find it in device manager or anything so my guess is its actually disconnected Due to a number of reasons I could not get back to the company to make them fix what they did but since I didnt really need the graphics card I didnt mind That was until now Now since I want to do some video editing a bit more hardcore gaming etc I would realy need the graphics card so I decided to open my laptop and I managed to find a video on how to do it and I did it When i got in I could clean the fan but I simply dont Reconnecting my Dedicated graphics card on my pavilion dv7 know where the graphics card is Reconnecting my Dedicated graphics card on my pavilion dv7 so i could reconnect it I've been searching all Reconnecting my Dedicated graphics card on my pavilion dv7 around trying to find it but i cant Can somebody please tell me how its supposed to look like where I can find it and how i can reconnect it nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Reconnecting-my-Dedicated-graphics-card-on-my-pavilion-dv7/td-p/5620443
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello.My laptop is an:HP Pavilion dv6t-3000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit version.The issue is that the dedicated graphics card: an ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 fails to show up in device manager most of the time. So instead the computer uses the Intel HD integrated graphics.Here it doesn't work.Here it works.I'm unsure why sometimes the dedicated graphics card is not detected but it's really frustrating.Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Dedicated Graphics not showing in Device Manager

Are you able to switch to the high performance GPU by right-clicking on an unused place on the desktop? -erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dedicated-Graphics-not-showing-in-Device-Manager/td-p/2469985
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey :). I'm coming from a Lenovo machine (which I returned due to build defects).
In the Lenovo BIOS, one could increase the dedicated graphics memory. XPS 13 stays at 128, with more available as "shared". Will this affect performance? How can one increase the dedicated memory on XPS 13? For Lenovo it was possible and it was also Skylake.

A:Increase HD graphics dedicated memory for Skylake

It depends on your applications -- for anything the Intel GPU is capable of doing (i.e., anything BUT gaming), no - it's just fine.
If you have Intel HD graphics only (no AMD or nVidia hybrid) you won't be doing gaming anyway.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987650
Relevancy 56.76%

how to change the dedicated system memory for my graphics i hav copied my windows experience page and i have how graphics dedicated the memory change system to my for highlighted the value i refer to thanks Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics ATI FireGL V Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Ultimate System -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer OEM Model OEM Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Storage -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Media drive E CD DVD Disk partition how to change the dedicated system memory for my graphics F GB Free GB Total Disk partition G GB how to change the dedicated system memory for my graphics Free GB Total Disk partition H GB Free GB Total Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type ATI FireGL V Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX or better Network -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Adapter Realtek RTL Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Network Adapter Realtek RTL Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Network Adapter Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Notes -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter If this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters some software applications may see additional performance benefits

A:how to change the dedicated system memory for my graphics

b666, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The short and simple answer is you don't. That and you wouldn't want to as despite the speed of system ram, it is still slower than what is on the video card. The 256 MB on the card is all you get, and the only way to increase it is to buy a card with more on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238767-how-change-dedicated-system-memory-my-graphics.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I'm looking ofr a new laptop which I can use for gaming stuff like Minecraft and complex driving games but I also use Intergrated gaming and use? or graphics for dedicated mutltaking it for multitasking quite a bit Linked to my main query- Intel of AMD I've read that Intel is better for multitasking but AMD is better for gaming If it turns out an AMD CPU would be better I could shell out on a Intergrated or dedicated graphics for gaming and mutltaking use? laptop with dedicated graphics but if I get an Intel I'd probably have to settle with integrated something like Intel HD Graphics btw are they any good I don't want to spend anymore than equivalent to this laptop http www amazon co uk Pavilion-g - amp sr - As I said the majority of the use is multitasking and not in games and when I say multitasking I mean processes Any help will be appreciated and don't hesitate to ask me more questions if I've not given sufficient information Thanks in advance Tom

A:Intergrated or dedicated graphics for gaming and mutltaking use?

So nobody has anything at all? No advice, no tips, nothing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/266016-intergrated-dedicated-graphics-gaming-mutltaking-use.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi
I am upgrading the memory to 2GB from 1GB, could someone please tell me whether I can change the Dedicated system memory from 64MB to 128 MB or just leave it as it is. I have attached the current info.

A:Dedicated system memory for graphics card

Hello Brummy,

Since it appears to be a integrated graphics chip, then you may be able to adjust how much dedicated system memory you want to use in BIOS for it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/210590-dedicated-system-memory-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I don't know a whole lot about dealing with stuff like this so any help would be very appreciated. For my graphics card, it says it is an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. I know it has 64 MB dedicated to it and I'm not sure if I can increase that or if I have to buy a graphics card. As I said, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Can I increase the memory dedicated to my graphics card?

only way to increase dedicated graphics memory is to buy a graphics card with more memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/259601-can-i-increase-memory-dedicated-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have 2gb total graphics memory.But most of it is shared.how can i convert it to dedicated?

A:How can I convert my shared graphics memory to dedicated gra...

You cannot. What would you hope to accomplish if you could? Your video is all provided by the processor (called an APU) as it is essentially both processor and video card so all the memory for video and everything else comes from the system memory. Only a small bit is segregated solely for video function but the system is capable of taking all the memory needed for video from the system RAM. It is not a super powerful video system for gaming or anything like that. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-can-I-convert-my-shared-graphics-memory-to-dedicated/td-p/5727029
Relevancy 55.9%

Sorry this isn't exactly about graphics cards.

I can't seem to increase my dedicated video memory for integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600, even though I have put it up to 1024MB (1GB) in my BIOS. My Total Available Graphics Memory is 7786MB, and my Shared System Memory is 7658MB. However, no matter how much I change it in the BIOS, my Dedicated Video Memory (DVM) is always stuck at 128M. Is this a integrated graphics thing or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Intel HD Graphics 4600 Dedicated Video Memory

It uses more ram when it needs it, no need to have it dedicated .
from Intel
"Since there is no performance advantage to "reserve" a lot of system memory for graphics at boot and thus making it unusable for common applications such as Excel, Photoshop, etc., Microsoft requires that Intel graphics dynamically allocates memory system only when needed - without holding a bunch of memory as "dedicated". What Windows is calling dedicated 32MB is actually only a small amount of system memory to graphics drivers reserves at the start of internal bookkeeping"

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/40964-intel-hd-graphics-4600-dedicated-video-memory.html
Relevancy 55.9%

when i run windows experience index it says the ati radeon hd 6370 has 512mb of dedicated memory..is this true? i thought it was 1 gb
or does it come in 512mb and 1 gb variants?

A:amount of dedicated graphics memory on the ati radeon hd 6370?

Best thing to do is download GPU-z here - Downloads | techPowerUp

Then open it, and have a look, similar to my screenshot. Mine has 3GB though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259981-amount-dedicated-graphics-memory-ati-radeon-hd-6370-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there a way to increase the dedicated RAM to the graphics chip (Intel 4600)? Would I benefit from it? I tried looking in the BIOS but there's not an option for that.My PC has 12 GB of RAM - Windows 10 (64-bit)Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Option-to-increase-dedicated-RAM-to-graphics-chip-Intel-4600/td-p/5674052
Relevancy 55.9%

This is my WEI for my graphics card.

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
Total available graphics memory 2303 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1791 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.11.9038
Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
DirectX version DirectX 10

Can I change the amount of dedicated system memory?

A:Increase dedicated system memory for graphics card?

No, not without a new graphics card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/34562-increase-dedicated-system-memory-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When ever i run WEI, it measures desktop graphics performance using Intel HD4000 built in GFx. I want windows to use the Dedicated ATI Readon 7730M when it runs WEI.

I have tried changing the Power Saving Mode to High Performance but its still not switching. Is there a way to Force on the Dedicated Card all the time and disable the HD4000 temporarily so the score is increased when i re run the WEI assessment ?

A:Windows Experience Index not Using Dedicated Graphics Card

I believe you have to disable the onboard video in the BIOS, forcing the system to use the add-on video card. This is what I have always done and it works for me...

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/17003-windows-experience-index-not-using-dedicated-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, I had dell inspiron 15 5558 8gb ram 1tb HDD core i7 5500u ...so the my question is that will my laptop  supports nvidia geforce 945m or nvidia gtx 950m dedicated graphics card? If I replace it with my current nvidia geforce 920m dedicated graphics card???? Please reply fast!

A:Dell 5558 i7 8gb ram dedicated graphics card support

HRISHI7276,
Thank you for posting, I wish that i have better news for you. The 5558 is similar to a good many Dell notebooks in which the discreet GPU is soldered on the system board. Unfortunately there are no means to upgrade the GPU. 

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19979927
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know if bios has to have a change when installing a dedicated graphics card is installed? or does the bios take care of the change it's self? Thanks!

A:installing dedicated graphics card in asus z87-A motherboard

I'm not 100% sure but I think once you install the graphics card and the drivers should be recognized with no problem.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307115-installing-dedicated-graphics-card-asus-z87-motherboard.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a laptop HP Pavilion -p nr nbsp AMD A - M with nbsp AMD Radeon HD G MB integrated graphics cardAMD Radeon R M GB dedicated graphics card GB RAMWindows bit nbsp The problem is that the laptop nbsp refuses to make any use of the R m for video games and everything it's always using the integrated HD G nbsp The laptop detects the R card as it is shown in the device manager as well as dedicated card m260) use won't R7 (Radeon graphics Laptop a 'linked card' on the CCC and on other programs like AMD System Monitor But the card simply doesn't do it's job it doesn't start working I've used the AMD System Laptop won't use dedicated graphics card (Radeon R7 m260) Monitor to check if it had any activity and it's always nbsp I have read many other posts on the internet about people with the same problem and I've tried every solution that people suggested without any luck nbsp - I have used the Catalyst Control Center to control the Switchable Graphics and set my games to high performance This Laptop won't use dedicated graphics card (Radeon R7 m260) should make the R be the main graphics card for that videogame but it doesn't work There's also a switchable graphics monitor in the CCC I activate it to see what card is being used when playing a game but even the monitor doesn't work it doesn't show the game's exe I've tried different games like GTA V Skyrim or TDU nbsp - I've read you can just disable the integrated graphics card on the BIOS but I don't have that option on my BIOS And if I disable it on the Windows Device Manager the R still doesn't start working but instead the computer uses some 'Microsoft Basic Render' which of course you can't use for gaming as the FPS will be nbsp - I've tried like different drivers for the graphics card the newest the beta drivers for GTA V the latest from the HP website for my laptop's model and an older version Still the R doesn't show any activity anywhere Every time I changed drivers I used the Removal Tool Display Driver Uninstaller to remove everything completely before the new installation nbsp - I've also read that there should be an option I think this is only for Nvidia graphic cards to shift right click on a game and click an option like 'run with dedicated graphics card' I of course don't have this option nbsp - I have also set my laptop to use a high performance profile of settings on the battery section as I read this could affect whether the computer will use one card or the other but no change nbsp Why isn't my laptop making use of the R m What else can I try

Relevancy 55.9%

I have bought HP 15-ac124TX Notebook (N8M29PA) rcently. I was told that it has dedicated(amd r3 m300) graphics memory of 2gb, insted it shows only 128mb. How can I get my 2 gb of amd graphics. please help. thank you

A:Dedicated graphics card actual size does not show

Hi @upendrabajpai, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I see you are having issues with the size of the Graphics. You are looking at the wrong setting. The total available Graphic Memory shows 2133 mb or 2GB.  You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dedicated-graphics-card-actual-size-does-not-show/td-p/5588493
Relevancy 55.9%

In order to get my Qosmio F ready to run some games I have updated all of the drivers on via the toshiba website and NVIDIA website F750 - to 2GB... memory dedicated Qosmio graphics change to How while also downloading the relevant software This includes updating the BIOS to version According to the Qosmio F750 - How to change dedicated graphics memory to 2GB... laptop specifications given on the Toshiba website http www mytoshiba com au products computers qosmio f pqf a- y q specifications I should have the following allocation of memory to the graphics quot MB Total Qosmio F750 - How to change dedicated graphics memory to 2GB... MB dedicated memory Qosmio F750 - How to change dedicated graphics memory to 2GB... MB shared memory quot When I go to check the Performance Information and Tools window I get shown the following information Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type Intel R HD Graphics Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Of course when I look carefully at the laptop specifications I realize that the current graphics memory allocation corresponds to the Power Saving Mode i e graphics allocation when running on battery power Normally this would be fine however I do not see any change in the info displayed even when I am running on AC power I have checked all of my power settings but even when everything is set to 'performance mode' the information displayed stays the same I try to look in the system bios to manually change the graphics allocation but no such option exists Rather all options are set to performance mode So my ultimate question is How can I change the graphics memory allocation to performance mode as indicated in the system specifications Is this something that occurs automatically without changing the displayed info Is there a driver that I have forgotten to update Has a driver update caused this Has a BIOS update caused this On a side note when checking the DirectX Diagnostic Tool I the directx version is displayed as version So I thought the issue was with the displayed information But even on the Diagnostic Tool gives me the same info I would be very grateful if someone could help me out with this Thanks Omair

A:Qosmio F750 - How to change dedicated graphics memory to 2GB...

Hi

This is controlled automatically by graphic card driver.
If the application which is running would require more RAM (i.e game), the graphic card would control this value and would add a part of the main memory to the graphic card memory.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71424-Qosmio-F750-How-to-change-dedicated-graphics-memory-to-2GB
Relevancy 55.9%

I was just wondering if I should continue to use my 4850 graphics card instead of the built in graphics once I change out the motherboard & processor. This won't be a gaming build but, I just wondered if disabling on board graphics would make it easier to cool the processor or not make much difference? If, there's even an option to disable. Thanks!

A:Dedicated graphics card reduce heat on i5 4670k?

I built an i5 3550 system and initially used the internal Intel graphics. I later added a separate video card (NVIDIA GTS450OC) and didn't notice any difference in CPU temps or how often the CPU cooler fan sped up relative to CPU activity. This is not a gaming system and is primarily a backup for my recording studio system (that use an i7 3770). It is a dual boot (on separate hard drives) with both Win 7 64 bit and Win 8 Pro 64 bit.

I did gain quite a bit on the Windows assessment scores for the video going to the separate video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306668-dedicated-graphics-card-reduce-heat-i5-4670k.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Especially concerning embedded video eg YouTube, GoogleVideo, downloaded video files etc - Thanks

PS have a RIVA TNT2 16mb card available

A:Whats the crappiest graphics card you can get away with for a dedicated internet PC?

mesmerbeowulf said:

Especially concerning embedded video eg YouTube, GoogleVideo, downloaded video files etc - Thanks

PS have a RIVA TNT2 16mb card availableClick to expand...

I probably wouldn't bother, does the motherboard have an integrated graphics card? Most motherboards do - and that will easily be sufficient enough for that sort of thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-crappiest-graphics-card-you-can-get-away-with-for-a-dedicated-internet-pc.704901/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using dell inspiron 5559 and it has both intel and amd graphics card.
is the amd graphics card dedicated or only intel graphics card is attached to display
as it is only showing 128 mb dedicated video memory and in directx it shows the amd graphics card as render only graphics card.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990035
Relevancy 55.9%

I want to know how to increase dedicated video memory on an Intel (R ) HD Graphics. I have a Compaq 18-4021la In the box it says that I can increase the memory up to 512 MB of ??VRAM, but i dont know how do it.

A:Increase dedicated video memory on an Intel (R ) HD Graphics...

EmilianoRV8 wrote:.....  In the box it says that I can increase the memory up to 512 MB of ??VRAM, but i dont know how do it.Hi, Are you sure ? You don't have to do anything. System will work this out for you and it will use available system RAM (memory) to assign/allocate for  Intel (R ) HD Graphics up to max limit. Your machine specs says: Discrete graphics not supported in this system Source:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/Compaq-18-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/6528368/model/6529361/doc... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Increase-dedicated-video-memory-on-an-Intel-R-HD-Graphics/td-p/5605190
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,I am using HP Compaq dx7500 Microtower Pc for last 6 years without any major hiccup, Now I want to upgrade my pc by adding a dedicated Graphics Card. But I don't know which one is best suitable for my pc. I don't want to upgrade my power supply. My requirement is also very basic graphical job with autocad, Solidworks, Adobe PS, Ai etcCurrently i have 2 gb ddr2 ram which was installed in my pc as i bought it.I Need help from you guys, Thanks In Advance 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Hp-Compaq-dx-7500-with-a-dedicated-graphics-card/td-p/5594577
Relevancy 55.9%

hey i dont know much about computers with Integrated help graphics i was tryin to play this game called quot America s Army quot and u have to have a graphics card help with Integrated graphics to play but i only have Integrated graphics on the motherboard my friend said he heard that there is a way to trick ur pc into thinking u have a graphics card to play does ne one know how to do this if so could u help me out thanks alot this is the min req to play the game A -D graphics card with MB memory and support for hardware transformation and lighting GHz processor or equivalent English version of Windows r ME XP Operating System MB RAM GB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files Quad-speed CD-ROM K sec sustained transfer rate Windows ME XP compatible system including compatible -bit drivers for CD-ROM drive video card sound card mouse and keyboard DirectX r DirectX r or higher compatible sound card and drivers Kbps modem or higher network connection NVIDIA r nForce tm or other motherboards soundcards containing the Dolby r Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio and these are all the supported graphics card Supported Cards Nvidia GeForce Nvidia GeForce MX Nvidia GeForce MX Nvidia GeForce GTS MB Nvidia GeForce Pro MB Nvidia GeForce Ultra Nvidia GeForce Nvidia GeForce Ti Nvidia GeForce Ti Nvidia GeForce MX Nvidia GeForce MX Nvidia GeForce MX Nvidia GeForce Ti Nvidia GeForce Ti Nvidia GeForce Ti Matrox Parhelia based video cards ATI Radeon VE ATI Radeon ATI Radeon ATI Radeon ATI Radeon LE Last Updated - - nbsp

A:help with Integrated graphics

a friend of mine told me i may need a graphic wrapper not sure what it is but if ne one has ne infomation about it i would appericate it

my general info on pc is

windows xp home edtion

intel(R) Celeron(TM) CPU 1300MHz
1.29GHz
256 MB of RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-integrated-graphics.9159/
Relevancy 55.9%

Im planning to upgrade to a new laptop soon, but im deciding if i should go for
an intergrated gfx of dedicated like the one below this
it is useful for similar graphics like games

Will it matter that much for video streaming http://www.dinodirect.com/Portable-M...rency-CAD.html and games (skyrim,minecraft,l4d,)

A:Integrated Graphics

Dedicated for performance in games. Video streaming is fine on either.

It depends on what type of games you wish to play, and the level of performance you expect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/213368-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I was wondering if it was at all possible to install new/better integrated graphics to my laptop until I can get the money for a better laptop in general. I have an HP 2000 series model 2b092wm. If you can help please let me know what my options are. thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

Tell me why this laptop:
http://www.compusa.com/products/pro..._code=341478&Pn=Satellite_A105_S4284_Notebook

can run the Sims 2 with SMOOTHNESS! I watched the fly-in screen with the Pleasantview neighborhood, and it was a smooth as a desktop I have with a GFX5200. WHY IS THIS? I thought the GMA 950 was as slow as other integrated graphics solutions...

A:Is this really integrated graphics?

Yup, integrated graphics. Newer than a GFX5200 and it has the core duo (not C2D) so that is why it runs as well as your desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-really-integrated-graphics.65826/
Relevancy 55.9%

Heres my problem, just bought a Nvidia 8800GT 512 MB GDDR3, and i got home to install it, i disabled my integrated graphics, but then my moniter wouldnt display anything? so i put in my Nvidia 8800GT thinking it would fix it, i was wrong. the Nvidia 8800GT is installed, but my moniter still wont display its all plugged in right, i dont know what to do IM SURE its because i disabled my integrated graphics in my bois, how do i get it back?

Relevancy 55.9%

Okay im buying a computer in fact it's a: lenovo IdeaCentre H405 (7723-1CU) Desktop PC Athlon II X4 645(3.1GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon 3000 graphics Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. And it said ATI radeon 3000 integrated graphics I wanted to know if this was a good graphics card and if I could change it later and also If I could run Arma 2 on high or very high graphics with it. Thanks in advance!

A:AMD integrated graphics?

I doubt that it could run that game all on low at playable frame rates. It is passable for older games and general purpose use, but if you want your games to be playable you're going to have to add in video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/177665-amd-integrated-graphics.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone My first post here I don t really what I m talking about but I think I know the answer already hoping someone can help me tho I ve just bought skyrim and I checked my laptop specs against the minimum requirements which it did meet I ve been having trouble running it even with everything turned down low and now I know the problem Its due to the integrated graphics which I don t know much about and didnt even know of its existence until yesterday I mentioned my problems to my friend who thought there might integrated graphics be a way to adjust the shared memory is this possible I m integrated graphics just looking to explore all ways I might be able to run it before I admit defeat although I would be integrated graphics extremely surprised if I could run it Its an acer aspire Z so not the newest and the specs are Windows Vista intel dual core processor Ghz gb RAM Direct X intel graphics card with up to Mb any help integrated graphics would be appreciated i didnt post this in the gaming section as i thought it was more of a hardware question nbsp

A:integrated graphics

Intel graphics chips don't meet the requirements of most of today's PC games.
Whilst it's (usually) possible to allocate more system RAM to the graphics chip in the BIOS Setup, there is a limit to how much you can allocate, and it's certainly less than the 1GB (recommended) that SkyRim requires.

Not only that, the more RAM you assign to the graphics chip, the less there is left over for Windows and applications to use. SkyRim requires 2GB RAM (minimum), 4GB (recommended). You have a total of 3GB RAM at present. Windows Vista needs most of that for itself just to run at an acceptable pace.
There just isn't enough RAM for both Vista and SkyRim together, especially as Vista is particularly heavy on RAM usage compared to other Windows versions.

So the Intel graphics chip is the primary weak spot, with installed RAM being the second weak spot.

You can add more RAM of course, but you're stuck with the Intel chip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrated-graphics.1076097/
Relevancy 55.9%

i have a mobo with integrated graphix and im planning to upgrade to a AGP8X 256mb vid card.. what will i need to do? thank you in advance

A:Help with integrated graphics

Well, if you motherboard has an agp slot(as many integrated mobos lack graphics upgrade slots), you buy an agp card that's compatible(if your board has 8x agp get an 8x card), carefully install it(after reading it's directions of course), and then boot up. It should display using a generic windows driver, but look really low quality. If it doesn't display from the new card, you might have to enter the bios and setup the video options. Maybe select that your using an agp card instead of integrated or something like that, bioses vary. Then, you install the newest drivers for the card, like if it's nvidia based, dl the latest driver from nvida and install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-integrated-graphics.25763/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey !

I have integrated graphics (Intel HD graphics) on my lappy . It says it can use upto a total memory of 1696mb approximately . I have core i3 370M processor and a memory of 4gb .

If my lappy can use memory upto 1696 mb , I can play all most all high end graphics games smoothly . But it is not happening . NFS HP3 is not running smoothly !
And games like GTA 4 aren't running .
What should I do in order to increase my gaming performance ?
Will it works upgrading my ram to 8 gb ?

A:Integrated graphics help !

Just because the integrated graphics has up to 1696 MB of shared RAM available, it doesn't overcome the fact that they are integrated graphics, which by virtue are not good performers at all when it comes to gaming. Unfortunately in your case, if it only has the Intel HD Graphics, there's not really going to be anything you can do to improve graphics performance with software. Your best bet would be to get an external graphics card for your laptop such as MSI’s external graphics card promises vastly improved graphics for laptops wanting a little more…. Don't know if they're selling it yet but if they are, then this would definitely help you with games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/139085-integrated-graphics-help.html
Relevancy 55.9%

A friend of mine has an integrated graphics set up on his PC. He wants to throw a video card in so he will have duel monitor support. Are these the proper steps.

1. Insert Card
2. Turn on Machine and change BIOS settings(turn off integrated graphics)
3. Restart computer, load drivers etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Integrated Graphics

Just tried that the other day. MOST motherboards will auto disable onboard when you put an add in card into the machine.

I ended up using a video card that had a DVI AND VGA input on them to accomplish the same thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/integrated-graphics.663180/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've always used a MB with built in graphics as I only use my computer for internet and business applications. I've never noticed a problem. I'm thinking about a new build and wondering if the cpu's with the integrated graphics such as the AMD A6-6400K would be a step up over the mb's with built in graphics?

Since I do no gaming or other high intensity graphics applications are ther any downsides to these type cpu's?

A:Integrated graphics......mb or cpu?

Quote: Originally Posted by pulpwood007

I've always used a MB with built in graphics as I only use my computer for internet and business applications. I've never noticed a problem. I'm thinking about a new build and wondering if the cpu's with the integrated graphics such as the AMD A6-6400K would be a step up over the mb's with built in graphics?

Since I do no gaming or other high intensity graphics applications are ther any downsides to these type cpu's?

No, not really. I recommend integrated gpu's for my users that are just using the web and email. The A6 has a integrated HD 8470D gpu. I think that is very similar to the Intel HD4000 series. It should give you HD graphic capabilities at 1920x1200, possoble as high as 2560x1600 depending on the monitor.
You do not get the high frame rate of a new gen gpu in a 16x pcie slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/319904-integrated-graphics-mb-cpu.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there I m new to this site I was hoping I could get someone s opinion I plugged a dvi cable into on board graphics and the screen had lines going horizontally I have a picture but don t know how to add one or lines card. screen Horizontal on board dedicated via on graphics onto here Anyway I restarted several times and the drivers are up to date I put back into graphics card and it was fine Up until Horizontal lines on screen via on board or dedicated graphics card. a few days ago it started doing it on there too The monitor is an Asus quot and set to - I have a zoostorm desktop pc with the followong specifications Intel i ghz Windows gb ram Mobo is gigabyte h Nvidia Gt upgrading soon Psu cool master w I have not had the chance to see if it happens on the TV too as it is intermittent and hard to fully troubleshoot Also I am under warranty until July and have the PC being picked up soon for Mobo replacement But does it really sound like a Mobo problem to you guys or should I be looking else where too The monitor is brand new and has been fine until I tested the on board graphics Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Horizontal lines on screen via on board or dedicated graphics card.

My first thought would be the Power Supply. Can you post the exact Motherboard Model Number? If nothing else the Model Number is Silk Screened on the motherboard.

Also some other checks you could do is using a different Video Cable or a different monitor to see if the problem is one of those items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horizontal-lines-on-screen-via-on-board-or-dedicated-graphics-card.1125375/
Relevancy 55.47%

I want to upgrade to an XFX RX RX P DDGR The minimum requirement of quot System Memory Dell I a 8300 the on dedicated change memory XPS How graphics/System do quot is gb I understand that System Memory and Installed Memory are two different things and it would appear that the PCIe Display Adapter has at least gb possibly gb but I don t know exactly how much I have read that you need to access the BIOS Chipset Menu in order to make the necessary changes but I am not clear on how to do so I have tried a variety of the quot F quot keys prior to quot full Boot quot but I am only able to access quot Boot Boot Related quot Menus nothing that pertains to quot Advanced Features quot nbsp I have also read that Dell has a few tricks that need to be performed instead of the quot Usual quot F quot Nonsense quot but I have not had any luck How do I change the dedicated graphics/System memory on a Dell XPS 8300 I am currently using the following system Dell XPS Intel i CPU Windows Home Premium bit OS Fresh Install AMD XFX Radeon HD gb GDDR Toshiba OCZ Trion gb SSD gb PNY XLR DDR Installed

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995886
Relevancy 55.04%

I have recently purchased an ATI Radeon MB PCI-Bus graphics card I am running a Dell Dimension PC and it currently has Integrated Help **SOS** DISABLING **SOS** Graphics the Intel Extreme Graphics controller installed Integrated garphics are terrible as you know Hence the long-due upgrade I have no way by which to disable the on-board graphics there is no option to do so in BIOS You may check out my BIOS layout HERE As you can see there is no method to select primary video in the Peripheral Configuration I was wondering if it would be prudent to simply uninstall disable any and all instances of the Integrated system via the Hardware Manager By disabling uninstalling the onboard graphics will the system be forced to use the Card and not the integrated graphics I have read about problems similar to this on other forums Also if I were to on a drastic scale **SOS** Help DISABLING Integrated Graphics **SOS** reinstall the OS and simply neglect to install the Intel Extreme Graphics drivers would Windows bite the bullet and use the card w o conflicts I can live with a few yellow question-marks as long as there aren t any hardware conflicts Any advice would be greatly appreciated --TheAceOfSpades nbsp

A:**SOS** Help DISABLING Integrated Graphics **SOS**

Try uninstalling the intel graphic drivers in add remove programs if it is there. then shutdown, install the ATI card and boot. once booted install the radeon drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sos-help-disabling-integrated-graphics-sos.38402/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Asus M4A785G HTPC Motherboard, am told on AOE3 forum, that AOE3 in incompatable with the way intergrated graphics works, yet intergrated onboard graphics works fine for others with onboard graphics card - can anyone help...thanks
PS: AOE3 works fine on my old XPHome machine

A:Integrated onboard graphics

Quote: Originally Posted by zulubase

I have a Asus M4A785G HTPC Motherboard, am told on AOE3 forum, that AOE3 in incompatable with the way intergrated graphics works, yet intergrated onboard graphics works fine for others with onboard graphics card - can anyone help...thanks
PS: AOE3 works fine on my old XPHome machine

If AOE3 (??) says your chipset is incompatible, chances are it is. Did they give you an explanation as to why?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/86752-integrated-onboard-graphics.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, i have a Via EPIA M10000 Nehemiah board with integrated graphics. i was wonderin if i could increase the ammount of memory it uses?, i've increased the AGP Aperature size in the bios to 256m (the highest setting) and that increased its memory from 32mb to 64mb. i cud do with a bit more, even another 32 wud be ok?
any ideas or software or anything i can do it with?
cheers

A:Integrated Graphics Memory

Using software to "increase" your memory isn't really ever a good idea. The way I look at it is the companys designing such software are just trying to rip off those of us that dont know any better just like companys that sell "pop-up blockers" or send you messages using Messenger Service asking you to buy software to stop the same messages they themselves are sending.

I remember using a program called SoftRam back in the day. It never made a difference in my performance or what I was able to run.

Your best bet is probably to optimize your Windows installation. If that doesn't make any difference you might want to try to tweak your virtual memory or SWAP.

Do a google search for the keywords "optimize" and "windows".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=optimize+windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-memory.8800/
Relevancy 55.04%

this is the computer i plan to buy
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883102804

It says it has Integrated sis mirage graphics, but it does not tell me how many Mb it is. i heard that integrated graphics are poor, and i already have a cheap radeon 9250se agp 128mb(for my soon to be obsolete computer). If i add this to the new one, will it work with the integrated graphics, will it turn off the integrated graphics or will the integrated graphics turn off?

thanks for the help

A:integrated graphics on new computer

Yes, your graphics card will work just fine in that system. No compatibility issues as far as I can tell.

The only potential problem I see is that the power supply is only 230W. There is a chance that this will not be enough love juice to power your card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-on-new-computer.38493/
Relevancy 55.04%

Im not too advanced with the hardware side of computers, and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I've bought a new pc and it comes with an integrated Geforce4 MX video card. Is it possible to remove this and buy a stand-alone graphics card. My pc comes with 512MB DDR RAM, but the video card uses 128MB of this memory, leaving me only with 384MB of RAM. If you can remove the card would the shared 128mb memory go bak to the 384mb and make it bak up to 512MB again.

Im grateful for any help

A:Integrated Graphics Card

Yep,

If you've got an AGP Port.. you could simply buy a better AGP card and stick it in, you would have to disable your on-board VGA though... but that will still free up your lost RAM.

Regards,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-card.8582/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I have recently acquired a 256MB EVGA GeForce 8500GT graphics card. My motherboard currently has integrated graphics. I checked the BIOS to see if i can disable the onboard graphics, but there seems to be no option for this. Do I even have to disable the onboard graphics in order for the new graphics card to work? If so, how do I go about disabling it? I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks

A:Disabling Integrated Graphics

Just try the video card and see if it works without messing with the on-board graphics

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-integrated-graphics.84166/
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings everyone...

I have a Gateway 310 series pc that has an onboard Intel Extreme graphics controller..and recently after i upgraded the RAM, its started to do this thing where the screen image suddenly looks garbled or broken.. and flickers (the monitor is CRT) and i have to manually shut it(the computer unit) down using the power button. (shutting only the monitor off dosent work) anyways my significant other gave me an ATI radeon graphics card and i was wondering if i can plug it into the motherboard..download the driver and then use it instead and override the onboard graphics? I heard it could be done before.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell, and recently i purchased a radeon 9250 so i can play half-life 2. I have the card in the pci slot, but i have an inetel graphics accelerator. It's integrated and i have no idea how to make my computer not use the intel card and use the radeon card. whoever can help, it is greatly appreciated. thnks

A:I need help with an integrated graphics driver

You can use them both at the same time too..

If you plug your monitor into the new card does it show a picture?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-an-integrated-graphics-driver.20567/
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a acer aspire x3400g with a integrated nivdia 9200 graphics.

i have a asus gt430 installed.

i play diable 3

would it be profitable to have integrated graphics turned on in the bios.

i set my bios to have it on with uma buffer size 512 (which is the 9200s ram).

would this offload textures and make fps better?

btw in device manager it is showing both gpu's.NVM IT INSTALLED THE 9200 ONCE I TURNED ONBOARD GRAPHICS ON IN THE BIOS. BUT ONCE I RESET MY COMPUTER ITS GONE. BUT ONBOARD IS STILL ON.
thanks

A:is it better to have integrated graphics on with gaming?

Hello sogone209,

Short answer, nope.

Long answer:-

Your integrated graphics card would actually reduce your performance by using up system RAM from your system that it'd have to permanently reserve for its own functionality.

What you've mentioned as the UMA buffer size is actually referring to the amount of system RAM you are allowing the integrated card to reserve from it. For example you have 4 GBs of RAM. You set the UMA buffer to 512 MB. You are telling the integrated card to take that amount of RAM from your system for its own functions. So in effect you only have 3.5 GB of RAM left for your system and applications.

Offloading textures and the like refers to SLI functionality which requires 2 dedicated cards like your Asus GT 430 to be installed in tandem.

In conclusion, switch off that integrated card, and use your dedicated card for optimal performance. Unless power conservation is important to you. But I believe that it doesn't really matter since you're gaming on a desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238544-better-have-integrated-graphics-gaming.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't quite understand how to take advantage of Intel? HD Graphics 3000 built into the i7 2600k processor. I know mine is inactive. I wonder if it is because my motherboard is H67 or because I have a graphics card installed? I also wish to know the purpose of the Intel? HD Graphics 3000. Is it to replace the need of a graphics card or to work in conjunction with a graphics card or is it for better performance if there is no graphics card. I have searched the web and haven't found a definitive answer.

Replies will be appreciated. Thank you

A:i7 2600k and its integrated graphics?

My guess it that you have to enable the HD 3000 graphics in the H67 BIOS.
You probably should remove the dedicated graphics card you installed, first.
Hook up your monitor to the available H67 ports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175180-i7-2600k-its-integrated-graphics.html