Windows Support Forum

Good place to buy an inexpensive, possibly dated laptop vid card?

Q: Good place to buy an inexpensive, possibly dated laptop vid card?

maybe this doesn't belong in this forum, so if it doesn't, i apologize...but the question is as the title states.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Good place to buy an inexpensive, possibly dated laptop vid card?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Good place to buy an inexpensive, possibly dated laptop vid card?

specificially for a vaio vgn fz series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-place-to-buy-an-inexpensive-possibly-dated-laptop-vid-card.143373/
Relevancy 68.37%

I want to get my son a point- amp -shoot camera for Christmas he s always stealing our camera which sadly is rather worn out and is very interested in taking pictures I thought it would be a good -H project for a year old too so I m trying to encourage him I have a few requests that aren t set in stone especially if you can explain why I should let this one aspect go but the price limit is pretty set since he is after a year old I don t really think he needs a camera--mommy and daddy do someday sigh but not him Viewfinder Under Not a requirement camera kid a Good, for inexpensive Solved: but if it comes in a pretty shade of green that would be fantastic Easy to use Buttons Dials instead of a touch screen Fit comfortably Solved: Good, inexpensive camera for a kid in small hands Takes good quality pictures this would be used for photography quot competitions quot on a junior level I was Solved: Good, inexpensive camera for a kid looking at the Canon Powershot Elph which comes in a hideous shade of green but the blue is pretty but I m just not sure about it not having a viewfinder since my son loves to take pictures outdoors I know how hard it is to see computer cell phone etc screens outside and I want this to be fun not a struggle I know that there are a lot of photographers on here with amazing talent so I figure this shouldn t be any sweat for you guys Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I am looking for a good inexpensive laser printer. Just black and white. I am considering the Brothers HL-2140. Any feedback or other recommendations would be appreciated.

A:Good inexpensive Laser Printer??

I have an HP model here I packed away in a box with a spare toner cartridge.(black + white bought on a store closeout not finding a color model left)

Typically lazor printers soar pricewise compared to the deskjet ink type in general with the closeout price still over $300 for the one here. Newegg has a monochrome model catching $99.99 however seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828115639

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/123765-good-inexpensive-laser-printer.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Well due to another problem I m having see post gig HD I want it to work without XP SP I may have to buy a new motherboard but I dont want to have to buy anything else I want to use my same ram processor and case and has internal sound other than that I m a bit processor P4 good a with inexpensive(new)mobo Need pc2100ddr and poor from buying Xmas stuff Need a good inexpensive(new)mobo with pc2100ddr and P4 processor so I m open to suggestions on good boards I would also like it to Need a good inexpensive(new)mobo with pc2100ddr and P4 processor have x agp slot as that would prolly be the next thing I d want to upgrade on my comp Thanks for any suggestions ps The hard drive things not my only prob My comp sometimes wont fully boot up when i power it on it doesnt even go far enough to kick my monitor on and theirs no beeps just the power lights and the fans running i just put a new power supply in it but it didnt help so i suspect thats the mobo going out as well Need a good inexpensive(new)mobo with pc2100ddr and P4 processor nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-good-inexpensive-new-mobo-with-pc2100ddr-and-p4-processor.303281/
Relevancy 66.65%

I heard there're these memory test stations you can use to test RAM sticks and that would isolate the RAM against a the possibility of a bad motherboard producing the memory errors.
Something like this?:
(sorry there're two, I don't know how to remove one of them)

A:What's a proper inexpensive memory test station? if that's a good opt

Why do I feel it's more expensive than just buying new memory ? It's mostly for people servicing computers for living.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/13653-whats-proper-inexpensive-memory-test-station-if-thats-good-opt.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I heard there're these memory test stations you can use to test RAM sticks and that would isolate the RAM against a the possibility of a bad motherboard producing the memory errors.
Something like this?:

A:What's a proper inexpensive memory test station? if that's a good option...

test stations you can use to test RAM sticksClick to expand...

yes, this station tests RAM sticks, in a production line that is building boards w/ram.

and that would isolate the RAM against a the possibility of a bad motherboard producing the memory errorsClick to expand...

never. there's so much misunderstanding in this statement it's hard to begin.

Motherboards do not create memory errors. the other components use DMA to read/write data in ram, but that's at the control of some firmware or software.

"Errors" come from mismanagement of the specs (temp, voltage, humidity), bad firmware or mismanagement of memory access protocols.

If it were possible to

isolate the RAM against a the possibility of producing memory errorsClick to expand...

we would never have known the term.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-proper-inexpensive-memory-test-station-if-thats-a-good-option.217689/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am a heavy Photoshop user, extensively editing photos. I am looking for an inexpensive card suited for that purpose, but it is not necessary to be a gaming card or a movie card. High resolution, accurate colors, 2 monitor support, suited for calibration. Please no big technical words - I get lost easy. Please say why the card is suited (fast, high resolution...). Understanding why you recommend a card is important to me. I would particularly like a card that is offered by Dell if possible, as I wish to buy a system from them. Thanks guys. If you need to buy a good camera, turn to me and I will help.

Pavel

A:Looking for an inexpensive graphics card to use with Photoshop

nicely stated though 'inexpensive' is a relative term. How much are you willing to spend on this card? What other (if any) softwares do you use. I am a heavy PSE/CS5, 3DSMax,AVS Vid/sound editor, CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, user myself, and it would be helpful to know what level of performance you require.
Secondly , it would also be helpful to know what the specs on the rest of the system are, or do you need a recommendation that as well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-an-inexpensive-graphics-card-to-use-with-photoshop.164788/
Relevancy 61.92%

i am looking for an inexpensive dual video card, not for gaming purposes just dual function

any suggestions!!!!!

i think i will regret asking this but ...
Is it possible to use onboard video card simultaneously with another video card.

thanks in advance

A:Inexpensive dual video card

Do you want to use two monitor at the same time?

If so, please tell us your graphics card model and manufacturer please.

Cheers! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inexpensive-dual-video-card.53943/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all,

Happy holidays to all!! I have an emachine with an AMD Sempron CPU and the Nvidia Gforce 6100 chipset.

What should I be looking for in an after market video card for this machine. I will be playing some games on it and also, viewing dvd's on the 32" flat panel that is connected to it.

I have looked at some video cards on Newegg and I am assuming that I would like to have as much memory as possible. The graphics clock on the 6100 set is 475 Mhz and there were cards that went as high as 800 Mhz.

I would like to stay under $100 if possible. Any info would be great.

Thanks and have a great holiday.

Danimal

A:Solved: Looking for an inexpensive video card > $100

If you can afford to spend a little extra cash the 5750 is a great video card with directx 11 support.

Review:

http://computershopper.com/graphics-cards/reviews/ati-radeon-hd-5750

Requirements:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...s/ati-radeon-hd-5750-system-requirements.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-looking-for-an-inexpensive-video-card-100.889371/
Relevancy 61.49%

Thanks for all the help! i thought that this question needed a thread all it's own.

A:what inexpensive video card for dual display?

Anything NVIDIA 6xxx.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/45236-what-inexpensive-video-card-dual-display.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm looking for an inexpensive hardware RAID PCI E x16 or x1 card. It seems that they are at least $100 for one with 2 ports, anyone know of anything cheaper? Refurbished cards would be fine too.

I appreciate the responses!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387281-recommendations-inexpensive-hardware-raid-pci-e-card.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420 64MB graphics card now and when I took the card out last night I noticed that where the monitor cable hooks into the cable, it looks like I didn't line up the cable very well and it has made extra holes. And on the monitor cable, 1 of the prongs is bent in an s shape and about 3 are missing.
I would like to find another decent graphics card that is fairly inexpensive, if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this, everything else seems to have been breaking at the same time too.

A:Need help finding decent/fairly inexpensive graphics card

Not all monitors have all pins that the card has holes. Take some needle nose pliers and gently straighten the bent pin. Check the back of your card and see if you can gently push the monitor cable back into the oringinal holes. I'd pull the card to try it.
If you can get everything lined back up, I'd say you are ok to continue life as usual. I have bent a pin on a monitor cable and fixed it this way. Experience is the best teacher. You will never do this mistake again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-finding-decent-fairly-inexpensive-graphics-card.233383/
Relevancy 60.63%

I need to purchase a rd machine for my wife that Purchasing laptop? inexpensive will not have the heavy use of her office and home Win desktops That would mainly be used at meetings for spreadsheet Word Quickbooks and mail We'll get the same machine for her brother whose use is minimal We had previously purchased the now not available Acer quot Aspire Windows Laptop i - U GHz GB GB V - - for another person at her office and he's been very pleased with the machine since The wrinkle in the pending purchase is the OS I do not want Win for either of the machines The current crop of Acer Aspires in the referenced price range - come with Win The only Win machine I'm finding that BOTH is listed as a good machine and comes with Purchasing inexpensive laptop? Win is the Lenovo Edge I've always had Thinkpads model T but the reviews all Purchasing inexpensive laptop? discuss woes with the trackpad and left right clicker I'm sure I've missed something and that there is a machine s that fits my bill and YOU likely know the answer so I'm listening Mark

A:Purchasing inexpensive laptop?

I found a site with a few Win 7 PC's. I just Googled "Laptops with Windows 7".

Windows 7 Laptops

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326495-purchasing-inexpensive-laptop.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All Please help me on this issue Today 2/12/2009 have received a brand new Dell Inspiron 1440 Laptop (WIN 7) but it has 3 folder with the modified date as 14th July 2009. Is this because they have sent me an old machine instead of new one I am confused. Directly purchased from Dell and paid full amount for new machine. I am attaching a word document containing screen shot of those folders with old date. Kindly advice if this is a normal feature with new machines or something is wrong!!!!

A:Help Brand New Dell Laptop with old dated folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Vicky

Hi All Please help me on this issue Today 2/12/2009 have received a brand new Dell Inspiron 1440 Laptop (WIN 7) but it has 3 folder with the modified date as 14th July 2009. Is this because they have sent me an old machine instead of new one I am confused. Directly purchased from Dell and paid full amount for new machine. I am attaching a word document containing screen shot of those folders with old date. Kindly advice if this is a normal feature with new machines or something is wrong!!!!

Hi vicky and welcome

I would love to help but dont have Word. Chances are good it is a new machine. When the machine is setup and win 7 installed they have to load some things on the HD. can you tell us what the folders names are?

thanks
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/43763-help-brand-new-dell-laptop-old-dated-folders.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an older Medion akoya p laptop running W x The option for wireless card broken. in Windows possibly - wireless doesn't detect laptop in windows has vanished like the pc doesn't have a wireless card just as it would appear on a normal desktop pc - only LAN It works fine with cable Device manager shows no wireless option either I have tried system Windows doesn't detect wireless card in laptop - possibly broken. restore then formatting and dl'ing wlan and lan drivers from the medion website Same problem When i try to enable wifi using the Fn keyboard shortcut nothing happens The little led does not turn on At this point I'm feeling like card is just broken and that it is a hardware issue What do you think I'm considering buying a dongle like this one TP-LINK TL-WN N Netv rksadapter USB Model TL-WN N pc-lager dk Would this thing enable me to have wifi Any help is appreciated EDIT I forgot to mention that when I did a system restore it worked temporarily and I had internet access but after a restart it stopped working In the past it was hit or miss whether or not it would work so again I'm leaning towards a hardware issue Maybe there are some things I missed though

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399908-windows-doesnt-detect-wireless-card-laptop-possibly-broken.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey I hope that I am not infected; online) possibly scam if done card (unsure credit Laptop it was being a nuisance to anyone I recently discovered Laptop possibly infected; credit card scam (unsure if it was done online) a fraudulent charge on my credit card I found ample info online on how the company is a scam but I don't know the charge occurred I am wondering if there is anything on my laptop that is is some sort of attack infection which allowed this company to find my credit card number I have ESET NOD MBAM not purchased MBAR Hitma Pro not purchased AdwCleaner and JRT JRT MBAR MBAM and ESET NOD scans runs have found nothing I am going to run Hitman Pro shortly in an attempt to find anything AdwCleaner found some things but I don't think that they are harmful I have attached the AdwCleaner MBAM and MBAR logs Please let me know if I should post any of the other logs Any help to check and determine if there are any infections attacks etc on my laptop would be tremendously appreciated Laptop possibly infected; credit card scam (unsure if it was done online) Thank you very much in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by El Diego at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV ESET NOD Antivirus Enabled Updated FAE- -A - DB- B E DFA SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP ESET NOD Antivirus Enabled Updated A E A-A AC-AE D- C B- EC C E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows system Ati evxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows RtkAudioService exeC Program Files x HitmanPro Alert hmpalert exeC Windows system Ati evxx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system WLANExt exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows ehome ehRecvr exeC Windows ehome ehsched exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exec Program Files x Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbae Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exeC Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Care collsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exeC Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exeC Windows SysWOW DllHost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files x AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exeC Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exec Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX CNMNSST exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management... Read more

A:Laptop possibly infected; credit card scam (unsure if it was done online)

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540003/laptop-possibly-infected;-credit-card-scam-unsure-if-it-was-done-online/
Relevancy 58.91%

Not sure where to laptop of now is Installed update, a a back-dated POS. my bunch Windows start This all started when I attempted to install Adobe Acrobat and was told my system didn't meet minimum requirements I looked at the spec page and knew I had more than adequate of everything Installed a bunch of back-dated Windows update, now my laptop is a POS. Finally narrowed it down to the service pack-- need at least SP and my computer was showing NO service pack Just plain ole vista ultimate that came on my laptop I thought how can this be So I do some googling and find out how to quot show hidden updates quot in windows updater and lo and behold I'd Installed a bunch of back-dated Windows update, now my laptop is a POS. failed to download a million important updates over the years because I didn't know about them somehow Moving on after what seemed like countless hours reboots more installed updates yada yada I finally made it up to SP and was apparently up to date So I finally install my Acrobat Then after a while of getting annoyed Installed a bunch of back-dated Windows update, now my laptop is a POS. with the quot buy now quot pop-up every seconds while trying to explore it I headed over to google and started my keygen search Yeah I know Don't judge me I'm not exactly hacker-savvy so needless to say I still have the trial Anyhow Ever since this day my computer has been acting strange Really slow files take forever to open etc I don't believe I acquired a virus but in the spirit of full disclosure I thought I should mention the above incident I did a full AVG scan ran hijack this etc just to make sure before I started blaming all the updating that had gone on earlier I didn't notice anything suspicious I quot fixed quot a bunch of stuff with hijackthis anyway Yeah I know Probably not the best idea Then I thought maybe I should just try to clean up some junky programs so I went into quot uninstall programs quot in the control panel and started noticing a bunch of crap it wouldn't let me remove saying installshield lacks this file or that file can't remove this or that can't find this program is missing blah blah Ad-Aware and old versions of AVG were among these as well as Mozilla haven't used it in years and many things I didn't recognize Some of the items in the list wouldn't even do anything when I clicked them I went into Windows Explorer and started trying to delete stuff manually and just noticed lots of duplicates of folders just lots of clutter I've turned off unnecessary startup programs What else can I do about how sluggish everything is acting Is SP the issue Is it my lack of keeping my computer updated for the last few years Is there anything I can do short of wiping out my system and starting over to get rid of all this junk broken files duplicates etc Windows explorer is giving me anxiety just to open it because anything I click takes be down the rabbit hole of another folders that leads to basically nothing

A:Installed a bunch of back-dated Windows update, now my laptop is a POS.

As it would seem that you've left the computer to it's own devices - so to speak, downloading a rake of updates could have left a load of Temp files in the cache.

From Start type this cmd to clear the Temp files %temp% > Enter/Ctrl+A/SHIFT+DELETE

For any that are left, tick the box to Skip the rest.

This prog is pretty good at getting rid of difficult to uninstall progs and using the Pro 30 day trial would be best Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

After you have installed the prog, boot up in Safe Mode to run the prog as this will stop any associated files that may be running.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-a-bunch-of-back-dated-windows-update-now-my-laptop-is-a-pos-665213.html
Relevancy 57.62%

ok, heres the situation

my cpu core burned on my duron because the heatsink fell off. :dead: So i need a place to buy a new cpu. Something like a 2200+ athlon. i know lots of places, but i need a place that has cod's or something similar, i am unfortunate enough to not have a credit card. If you have heard of dalco.com they support cod's but there cpu's and other things are rather high priced compared to places like newegg.com. i'm considering going with newegg.com but you have to send them a money order and they won't send the parts until the money has cleared, that adds a couple of weeks to me getting me a cpu. I'm on a k6-2 550 right now so u should understand this problem

A:Good place to buy cpu

googlegear.com is uber pimp

they have like 1 dollar 2nd day shipping on practically everything. don't you have a credit card you can use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-place-to-buy-cpu.4783/
Relevancy 57.62%

Anyone know where to get good RAM for a reasonable price?

A:Where is a good place to get RAM?

This is the only place that I would reccomend for buying ram...

http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

Debe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-is-a-good-place-to-get-ram.91639/
Relevancy 57.62%

where is a good place to buy oem xp pro?

A:where is a good place to buy oem xp pro?

www.newegg.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-a-good-place-to-buy-oem-xp-pro.40727/
Relevancy 57.19%

I want to buy a new cheap laptop computer that has a good video card

I want to buy one that has a good video card installed already because if I open up the case to put a better one in it it will void the warranty

any thoughts are welcome

Thanks Ryan

A:What is the best laptop with a good video card Thats cheap

Give us some more ideas, what do you want to do on it. Which OS do you want to install? What processor, how much memory, size harddisk. Wireless capability? etc.
IBM do Thinkpads with Linux pre-installed. Linux is easy on graphics requirements.
What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-laptop-with-a-good-video-card-thats-cheap.16851/
Relevancy 56.76%

My network card seems to have crapped out on me, and so I need a new one.

Any recommendations? It needs to be compatible with 7 64-bit and I don't wanna be paying too much.

Thanks.

A:Need a good wireless network card/adapter for laptop

If you have any other old dongle lieing about, it might work on Windows 7 already. I followed the link below and it worked for me. I was in exactly the same boat as you, looking for a Windows 7 dongle on google, and wasn't getting anywhere. Turned out I already had the solution in my desk.

Puzbie LTD: Getting USB Wireless Adapters Working with Windows 7.

Alternatively, go on any online store that allows comments and see what people have been saying. eBuyer is pretty good for that in the UK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49993-need-good-wireless-network-card-adapter-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

need some SATA cables, and can't really find a place that has the various lengths that I'm looking for

Also, I see that some are SATA and some are SATA2 cables, is there really a difference?

And I would assume that SATA2 are backward compatible with SATA1, so shouldn't I go ahead and get SATA2 cables since my board is SATA2?

thanks!

A:Good place to buy SATA cables?

you can actually buy at any online retailer, such as newegg amazon, or pricewatch or even the physical store, such as bestbuy, fry's.

the sata and sata2 are not that much diff. If I am not mistaken, the sata and sata2 HD actually uses the same cable, it's the drive and the controller that's making the difference not the cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-place-to-buy-sata-cables.41541/
Relevancy 56.33%

Anybody know a good and also safe places to find some screensavers?

A:any good place for win7 screensavers?

Well, there are a whole lot of sites and I suggest you look through most of them, to find something that suits your needs.

A search on Google should list the most popular ones.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334948/any-good-place-for-win7-screensavers/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey all-
I am seeking advice for a laptop purchase. I record and mix my own music using the Acid program. The laptops I have been using have integrated sound cards and can not handle the input. Does anyone have any advice on a good brand of laptop that has an un-integrated sound card? My price range is $600.00- $900.00 if at all possible. I have checked some of the better known laptop sites and can not seem to find anything. Many have the option of an un-integrated Graphics card, but either I am dumb, but I don't see options for the sound. One important factor- an external sound card is not an option at this time.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and take care, chillykim

A:Advice Purchase Laptop With Good Sound Card, Not Integrated

You might want to look at an external soundcard to plug into the laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62934/advice-purchase-laptop-with-good-sound-card-not-integrated/
Relevancy 55.9%

I found a pretty good one and wondered if there was a place where we could all post stuff we find from other places?

This one minimizes all windows except present window.

Windows button AND Home button.

Same combination again to bring windows back.

A:Where is a good place to share cool tips?

PS. Anyone know a way to assign a button or MOUSE to the Zoom feature?
Windows 7 looks like its going to be a really good thing from I have seen so far.

:-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/2405-where-good-place-share-cool-tips.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, folks.

Can anyone recommend a forum that I can go to for advice about custom built PCs?

I am looking to build (or have built for me) a new desktop for work. I mostly use Adobe Creative Suite for...
print designweb site content creationvideo editingetc
I'm not a gamer, but I still have a copy of Flight Simulator X & rFactor 2 that I might install again.

My ideal system will be something like this:
2 or 3 monitors (very high resolution)2 NVIDIA GPUsa lot of RAMa SSD to boot off ofat least 1 TB of onboard storage space (I'm backing up to WD Passports)USB 3

Thank you!

A:Good place to get advice on mobo, case, etc.?

Our sister/brother site PC Help Forum has a lot of knowledgeable people and some of them/us are here too.
Some advice for a start, Since you already set what you need computer for, set the budget too, at least within some boundaries and be prepared to hear a lot of Intel vs. AMD and Nvidia vs. AMD arguments.
I do some graphics and video editing so here some of my experience:
CPU, more cores vs. CPU "power". Like, AMD FX8350 vs, Intel I7
As much and as fast RAM you can cram in the MB.
Speaking of MB, a quality MB with good cooling and power section durability.
Don't really need two video cards if you are not heavy gamer. one good one should suffice in your case. There are also some (expensive) video cards dedicated to graphic/ video work.
Do not skimp on a power supply, it will be called to do a lot of work. A good make would be preferable to a lot of declared Watts.
A large, properly ventilated case is preferably to fancy ones.
Consider a good CPU cooler, preferably water cooling, CPU coolers supplied with processor are barely adequate for ordinary work let alone for heavy use hour after hour you will probably do in the warm climate.
SSD, as large as you can/want to get, larger, 500GB or more are faster and more reliable than smaller ones. Video and to some extent graphic programs do a lot of work with disks even with large amount of RAM so it can speed up operations considerably.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/48964-good-place-get-advice-mobo-case-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Samsung Series 3 Notebook (NP350V5C) | Samsung Notebooks It says it has 2gb dedicated graphics.
I want to play Arma 2 and maybe some fairly recent other games.

A:Is this laptop's graphics card good enough to play decent games (Dayz)

did you see this : AMD Radeon HD 7730M - Notebookcheck.net Tech ?

I think its a fairly good device for the price. I asked a simular topic, and they pointed me out that 2gb dedicated RAM is not really the biggest bottle neck. (I could chose between 1Gb and 2Gb dedicated)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/274400-laptops-graphics-card-good-enough-play-decent-games-dayz.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all.

I've been looking for some software or a website to do search engine submission. Free is obviously good, but I wouldn't be out if I did have to pay. Been messing with AddWeb, but I'm worried about using automatic software (purley because half the time this software is a ad-scheme in itself). If anyone knows of any good places, please tell!

Relevancy 54.61%

I was just thinking doing downloading AVG free, Adaware SE, Spybot, and Spyblaster for protection for my clients. Why don't I store these install files this time? Then I thought why not just get WMI files of them if possible. Then I realized I'm a total noob to pushing out things and should probably ask how is the preferred method before doing it. Now I know that MS Server 2003 can push out things but I am unclear about 2 things.

1. Where should you store those WMI files you want to push out to select later?

2. If I can't get a WMI file is there a converter or should I get a third party product that can push out?

Anyone that can help would be great, right now I'm just storing the .exe files in a folder on the server. I know in theory you can do it, I just haven't done it yet with anything.

A:Good place to get WMI Files or autodeploy software for Server 2003?

Nevermind got it but it gives an option in the form of a box instead of just installing is there a switch to auto run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-place-to-get-wmi-files-or-autodeploy-software-for-server-2003.594955/
Relevancy 53.32%

I want a 2TB portable external hard drive with USB 3.0 or equivalent.

Any brands to avoid?

So far I haven't seen anything under $109 for my specifications..

I should be able to use the portable with my desktop until I transfer to a laptop, shouldn't I?

Home Edition
Version 2002
32-bit
Service Pack 3

Dell DIMENSION DIM2400
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
2.66 Ghz. 2.00 GB of RAM
Hard Drive Size 111.72 GB
Free Space 37.3 GB

planning to move soon to state of art processing power and at least 8GB RAM

A:Suggestions please for good brand & place for great deal on external hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-please-for-good-brand-place-for-great-deal-on-external-hard-drive.1108300/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi: I had been using hte SD for alomost 1 year and not I am unable to use my SD card. The SD card slot seems to not hold the SD Card in place. There used to be a click sound when i insert the SD Card, but not I don;t hear any sound. The SD card comes out as soon as I leave the card in the slot. I assume that the hold mechanism or the spring mechanism inside the card is not working properly.My Laptop is out of warranty now. Is there a part that I can purchace and replace to make it work or fix the existing hardware itself? Regards,Pete

A:SD Card - Unable to lock SD Card in place

Need exact model number and we can find the Manual and the part or at least figure out if the card reader is soldered to the motherboard or is a separate part and if it is find you one to replace yours with. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-Card-Unable-to-lock-SD-Card-in-place/td-p/5815819
Relevancy 52.89%

I have two cyberpower 725SL UPS ... with one the charging circuit is bad, and it will shut off on occasions. The other keeps going on and off continually when I press the power button on. I bought the one that turns on and off used from ebay and when I got it that is what it did. Can I use one to fix the other? Which issue would be the easiest to address?

Thanks for reading my post.

A:Two Bad Usp Possibly Make One Good?

Both symptoms could be caused by bad batteries. Note SLA (sealed lead-acid) batteries only last for 3 - 4 years (if they don't fail prematurely - and that happens) and must regularly be replaced. So the first thing I would do is buy a new set of batteries, then see what happens. Note you don't have to buy replacements from the UPS maker. In fact, I NEVER do as they tend to be WAY overpriced. I buy on-line. Shop around and compare prices as there are several sites and they frequently have sales. Be sure to factor in shipping. Some will advertise a great sale price, then charge a bundle for shipping. Other sites will charge more for the battery, but offer free shipping. Then next week, the deals all change again. I often buy my UPS batteries from Battery Mart but have also bought from Amazon and Apex Battery.

Note it appears your UPS use 12V 7.5Ah. The 12V is critical. You can buy batteries with a high amphour (Ah) rating, as long as the physical dimensions of the battery (and terminals) are the same.

I am finding different terminal sizes however. So you need to measure the terminals. They are designated as F1 or F2. F1 terminals are .187 inch wide and F2 terminals are .25 inch wide. Most UPS batteries use F2 terminals but I have seen F1 used too.

For example, Amazon shows F1. Battery Sharks shows F2. So measure before buying.

Adapters are available, but the battery compartments in many UPS don't have the space for adapters and batteries too.

Most BestBuy stores will take the old SLA batteries in for recycling. Don't let them go in the trash as they will end up in landfills - not good.

As far as using one UPS to fix the other, no way to tell without knowing exactly what component has failed in each UPS.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/two-bad-usp-possibly-make-one-good.299926/
Relevancy 51.17%

Been searching on here on how to fix this issue, and I think I figured out how to fix it. At least, it is now working again for me.

1. Open regedit.exe
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
3. Locate ForegroundFlashCount
4. Change the value to 0
5. Close regedit

After I did this, my taskbar thumbnails quit flickering. Took it about 10 seconds for Windows to notice the registry change, and all has been well.

Nevermind, it only seemed to fix it for about 10 minutes, and then it reverted back.

A:Taskbar Hover flickering [Possibly solved for good]

Is there any relief for this pain??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114002-taskbar-hover-flickering-possibly-solved-good.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I saw something on ebay warning about a lot of scam PSP memory card auctions so I'm a little scared of buying there. What are some other low priced stores for a 1 or 2 GB memory card for the PSP? I saw a lot of places selling seperate readers, but doesn't the card just fit into the PSP? Is there more than one type of card type?

Relevancy 50.31%

I'm asking this question because one of my computers Dell Optiplex has a TPM but my main desktop doesn't and it would be costly to find install a motherboard that does Plus re-activation of my full licensed MS software would be needed and the OEM install wouldn't qualify What I want to do is find a inexpensive alternative to secure my computer and from what I'm reading it looks like an SD card may be the answer but I need used of qualifying OS's? place on BitLocker in a TPM card Can SD for be to be certain If this is possible do I have to do it the same way every time For example I have both a native SD card reader on my Dell XPS which I've never used and also have a Transcend USB card reader which is what I use for all SD SDHC tasks Also can I use the same SD card on multiple computers amp each will find the right code as a or GB SD card can hold many codes Or do Can a SD card be used in place of TPM for BitLocker on qualifying OS's? I need a separate for each In the past have tried BitLocker with the password option and after a couple of times it wouldn't open the Flash drive that was used to test the technology nor would the printed code a very long string one almost Can a SD card be used in place of TPM for BitLocker on qualifying OS's? like that used to phone activate Windows nor would the one saved to what was SkyDrive at the time Fortunately had a backup of the Flash drive and formatted and re-installed the data it contained From what I've read it looks like I skipped a step along the line as with three options it should have opened on the same computer it was encrypted on These are the instructions that I've found In addition to what I've asked above about using an SD card is this the proper way to setup BitLocker w out a TPM I didn't do all of this with the Flash drive just the quick BitLocker setup http www howtogeek com howto how-to-use-bitlocker-on-drives-without-tpm I've relied on this site for several years amp haven't had issues but this is a much larger undertaking the encryption of three SSD's plus my installed Data drive amp three external backup ones and I don't want to be locked out of my computer Am on Linux Mint at the moment however my updated Speccy specs are in my sig All is included except my backup drives a TB WD Caviar Black amp two TB Samsung HD SJ drives The BitLocker function will be controlled by Windows Ultimate though there are two other Windows OS's on the PC Windows Pro amp the OEM supplied Windows and will be reinstalling Linux Mint on it as soon as I can find the proper place for it May merge the Windows Ultimate install beside of Windows which is on the Crucial M and use the Intel for Mint I just need a good idea of where to start as I know that a password can be created in the UEFI to lock down the PC but this doesn't encrypt drives and would only serve to keep a casual thief out this function is easily reset Encryption is what I want not a password that can be reset in less than minutes My health is poor and getting worse amp I don't want anyone accessing my computers or backup drives for any reason What's on them belongs to me amp me only I'm getting my ducks in a row so to speak On both of my notebooks there is SSD encryption function available Samsung EVO but this has to be setup their way amp Windows has to be clean installed afterwards as I understand it The restoration of a backup after SSD preparation won't do I have no idea why however these will be done last but would like to be able to use the same SD card if possible Windows Pro is one OS installed on each of those All input amp advise is highly appreciated Cat

A:Can a SD card be used in place of TPM for BitLocker on qualifying OS's?

I don't know if you can use the same SD card. Maybe you can test this with 2 virtual machines that you encrypt with BL.
But in any case, make a full disk backup of your machine before you encrypt it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553957/can-a-sd-card-be-used-in-place-of-tpm-for-bitlocker-on-qualifying-oss/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey I have about a year old computer i will tell you the specs MSI VIA MS- v - Motherboard MB PC SDRAM Mhz Intel Celeron - now overclocked to Ghz GB Western Digital rpm HDD now slave - now with a second GB as master it came with a tornado video card but i now good Video so Card... Not computer Good upgraded to a NVIDIA GeForce FX which is a MB AGP x card I got it because it was at a VERY good price and it out of the packet but my friend builds computers and he got the wrong gfx card so he sold this one to me cheap my computer is an AGP x I understand i cant upgrade that unless i get a new motherboard I have drivers that microsoft installed by itself Nvidia GeForce FX Microsoft Corporation is it worth going to the nvidia website and upgrading to their drivers my computer is really old Good Video Card... Not so good computer and slow and i want to get the best performance out of this card I dont think i can run games like Need For Speed Underground can i because i have a slow processor i tried to play Halo Trial downloaded Good Video Card... Not so good computer from microsoft but it went to the loading screen at the start but then just shut down before Good Video Card... Not so good computer it got to the menu My point is what can i do to get maximum performance out of this card but without increasing the startup items too much etc Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I'd like to know what is the best place to put a thermal sensor on a videro card to get the most accurate readings? I have a TT A2349 fan controller with 4 thermal probes that i attached to the CPU, RAM, PSU and video card to read my sys temps. However, i'm not getting accurate readings from the video card, both everest ultimate and nvidia ntune report temps that are 10C higher than that is reported by the thermal probe. I have the video card installed upside down with it's fan facing the bottom of the case and put the thermal probe on the the top of the card where all the microchips are, i'm wondering if its the right place for it or should i put it saomewhere else to get better readings?

A:Where to place a thermal sensor on a video card?

best place is i think is at (or near) the exhaust(if you have space there)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-place-a-thermal-sensor-on-a-video-card.80616/
Relevancy 49.45%

i have a MESH what is about 4 years old with xp home what size will fit ?

A:Graphics Card size will thay all fit in the same place ?

Which series is your MESH computer? We need some more info from you before we can answer your question.

There are three main types of slots that a motherboard can have for upgrades. We need to know what your motherboard has built into it.

As your motherboard is 4 years old, your best hope is that it has an AGP slot built into it. If it does, then you have some great upgrade options.

If it does not have an AGP slot then you are limited to PCI type graphics cards, and may or may not be worth the upgrade. It depends on why you want to upgrade, and what you are hoping you'll be able to do after the upgrade. If you can give us a bit more info we can point you in the right direction.

As to finding out whether or not your motherboard has an AGP slot, there are a number of ways:

1. Do you have any of the documentation that came with your computer?
2. Search the mesh website for your user's manual or any information on what slots your motherboard has. Look for the word "AGP", and if possible, post a link here to the info you find (there are different types of AGP as well).
3. If you can't find any documentation online or at home, then you can download and run this program and it can (hopefully) tell us about your motherboard.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

Once you run the program, click on the "mainboard" tab and tell us what it says under "graphic interface".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-size-will-thay-all-fit-in-the-same-place.43269/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have this laptop When the laptop is at Idle the CPU ranges from all the place over CPU Laptop to is this normal for this type of laptop Is there any way that I can resduce the CPU usage that Vista is using I have closed down unessecery programs that I dont need Thanks Wizkid Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build OEM OEM System Serial Number D Chassis Serial Number D Enclosure Type NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board OEM OEM BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-S H ATA Device CD-ROM drive WDC WD BEVS- RST Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WXE rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'M ' has MB Laptop CPU all over the place serial number -B Slot 'M ' has MB serial number -B Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB freed NTFS on drive GB GB free Network ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Intel R ICH M port Serial ATA Storage Controller - Intel R ICH M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Display adapter x Generic PnP Monitor quot vis January Bus Adapters MultimediaMicrosoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Laptop CPU all over the place

First of all when did you buy laptop?
Second how do you know that CPU rangers between 60-100%?
We need to know this before any fix suggestion can be made ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197879-laptop-cpu-all-over-place.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm looking to get a new notebook PC of decent power and ability (looking to spend under $1000). Can anybody give me any good suggestions or places to look for the best opportunities and deals? I've tried places like slickdeals.net, ableshopper.com, and pricewatch.com....but still no real luck.

Thanks for your help!

A:Best place for a deal on laptop PC?

$400 off Latitude Notebooks $1699+ - $400 off $1399 Inspiron Notebooks, Sep 8
Dell Small Business has a rare $400 instantly off Corporate grade Latitude D510, D610, D810 Notebooks $1699+ Exp Wed 9/14 11pm CT or after earlier.
Also $400 off Inspiron Notebooks $1399+
Free optical drive upgrade. Free shipping, $19 handling. Tax is charged.

Offers cannot be combined with Outrageous Deals, Inspiron Recommended products, As Seen on TV offers or any other Dell discounts, offers or coupons.

Entry level 5.2lb Latitude D510 14 or 15in screen, 1 yr warranty Starts at $789. Add $910 in options and get $400 off automatically

Light 4.67lb Latitude D610 14in screen, 3yr warranty Starts at $1378. Add $311 in options and get $400 off

Desktop replacement 6.49lb Latitude D810 15.4in widescreen, ATI Radeon graphics, 3yr warranty Starts at $1558. Add $131 in options and get $400 off.
Email Deal Similar Deals

http://www.techbargains.com/index.cfm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-place-for-a-deal-on-laptop-pc.397448/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello everyone i know this tv laptop place in a screen of a using question has been asked before but the threads i found seemed out-dated so i figured id ask again i am a soldier in iraq and i enjoy playing using a laptop screen in place of a tv games in my little bit of free time i get im thinking about getting a playstation sent in the mail to me so i can enjoy some games to eat some time away but using a laptop screen in place of a tv i would rather not screw with a tv for various traveling reasons i just bought a P - Toshiba laptop with an ExpressCard ATSC Analog Hybrid TV Tuner card this is a HDTV Tuner I have an RF adapter cable and Composite video audio with S-Video input jack connerctor cable that came with it they both plug into the HDTV tuner card im running windows vista bit OS So what do I need to know about hooking the PS up to my laptop what program do i use what cable etc i want to make sure i know everything i need before i get a package sent so im not missing anything unfortunatlly there is no wal mart or best buy in baghdad thanks much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-laptop-screen-in-place-of-a-tv.819169/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I am really unsure if this is the right section or not but I really need to know if this is a good laptop Good Comp? Deal/Good (Laptop) and I am getting my moneys worth Again if this is the wrong section PLEASE move BTW This is a laptop I might be purchasing the following for LMK wut u think Dell Inspiron Laptop Pentium Processor GHZ Upgraded Liquid Crystal Display with ultra high resolution options GB Kingston RAM upgradable to GB MB ATI Radeon Mobility Video Card GB Harddrive DVD-RW So we're looking at basically gig ram GHZ The whole comp itself is basically upgraded to all ends The Good Deal/Good Comp? (Laptop) screen does look really nice as it is a liquid display The RAM is very high for a laptop and the processor beats the doors off most of the previous comps which I have had GHZ I am getting a laptop Good Deal/Good Comp? (Laptop) because I travel mostly I also game alot I know the video card isnt best for high end games but I play a game called Diablo mostly which requires next to nothing altho I will replace the video card soon How much would it Good Deal/Good Comp? (Laptop) cost to upgrade to a decent one do u think So I think its a pretty fast system good deal

A:Good Deal/Good Comp? (Laptop)

i dont really compare laptop prices but the prices seems pretty good to me. that is one power laptop in my opinion. way faster than mine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/good-deal-good-comp-laptop-81120.html
Relevancy 48.16%

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1784241&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

A:Is This Card A Good Deal And Is It Any Good?

That's a good card. I'm sure you know it's PCI-E so your motherboard has to support it. Make sure you have a good quality PSU with plenty of power.

MWave.com has it even cheaper with a $15 rebate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-card-a-good-deal-and-is-it-any-good.44364/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ya looking for a place to buy lights, cable sleeve kits, bunch of stuff like that.
Also I have way too many SATA and not enough Molex, can any one tell me if theres a adapter and where to buy one. Thanks.

A:New at Modding, Any one know a good place to buy modding stuff?

www.xoxide.com <---good site for moding cases
www.newegg.com
You can get an actual adapter to convert SATA to molex, but it's just as easy to daisy chain the molex plugs or use splitters

Just google Sata to Molex adapter and you will get plenty of results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-at-modding-any-one-know-a-good-place-to-buy-modding-stuff.97346/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I've been reading threads for hours on Windows 7 installs but I can't find a specific answer for my scenario.

I am looking at buying a couple of Toshiba laptops that have a pre-installed version of Windows 7 Home Premium. I already own a Microsoft Action Pack which gives me 10 Windows 7 Professional licences. I want to be able to upgrade the OS on the laptops from the Home Edition to the Professional Edition. Because the laptops are already setup with all the toshiba software drivers etc installed I am reluctant to do a clean install. Is it possible to use the product key from my Action Pack to upgrade the laptops without having to wipe them and start again?

I'm not concerned about loosing the home premium licence I just want to upgrade to Professional Edition with minimum fuss.

I hope someone can help clarify this. Thanks.

A:In place upgrade on Toshiba laptop

Hi... I have got 2 Toshiba (netbook and a laptop) the net book came with the useless Windows7 starter.. I have upgradrd to Ultimate without any problems .
You will find a facility on your toshiba will enable you just to enter the license key and it is done ..I forgot what is it called but I will look for it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/61527-place-upgrade-toshiba-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been using the HP Envy DV since the summer of It was after place Laptop me... powers changing RAM up the the only of bought in the US same year In I had it serviced already out of the HP Guarantee period for loose hinges What happened next is that things got worse No way to power up the laptop I tried various options read forum opinions and followed advice It turned out that the only way the laptop lights up again is by changing the slots of the two memory RAM blocks That's it But once I turn it off I Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... have to repeat the exchange again and again and again Clearly that will break the slots eventually Once started the laptop works fine Service guys Laptop powers up only after changing the place of the RAM me... advised me buying a new motherboard which would supposedly sovle the issue What might be the solution really nbsp Things I have already did but all in vain it doesn't power up even with the RAM blocks removed no beeps nothing that normally follows with no RAM with or withour power supply battery ac only bios battery removed - bios reset formatting the HDD and installing a new OS Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-powers-up-only-after-changing-the-place-of-the-RAM/td-p/5777255
Relevancy 48.16%

hello my brand new one week old laptop has malware on it i read the forum rules so here over cursor hp place laptop all the pavillion is my HiJacker log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place C Program Files hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe c Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g uk msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Pro... Read more

A:hp pavillion laptop cursor all over the place

edited to say i have no control of keys and cursor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-laptop-cursor-all-over-the-place.935542/
Relevancy 48.16%

While I was playing a game and pressed the control button (Ctrl) and the 'J' button, they both randomly popped off. I tried looking for some videos that would help to me put them back properly.

The two clips are still on the keyboard for 'J' and just the key itself is out. When I push down on it to get it back in place, the bottom half is lanky. The top clips on but the bottom doesn't.

This is for my laptop HP Compaq 6730s

A:How can I put my laptop keys back into place?

Sometimes you have to press in the middle of the key to get to snap into place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/101443-how-can-i-put-my-laptop-keys-back-into-place.html
Relevancy 48.16%

In my case the computer -  a Compaq SA423 - with  the AC adapter on its own won't start without the battery either.  However,  once it has fired up, it will run with the AC adapter on it;s own without the battery in place.  The AC adapter will charge the battery, but there is no power cord in the battery icon showing if the AC adapter is plugged in UNLESS I remove the battery. What is going on?

A:Laptop won't power up without Battery in place

Hi,In order ti isolate the issue further, i request you to download the latest bios from the HP site and check for the issue occurrence.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.htmlAlso, to confirm the AC Adapter issue, request you to connect this adapter to ant other notebook and check.Please reply with the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-won-t-power-up-without-Battery-in-place/td-p/5072474
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi TechSpot folk, and thanks for in advance for anyone who can help me.

I've bought myself a new video card yesterday; HIS Radeon X1650 Pro 512mb IceQ, AGP. I went ahead to install it, and I get no picture after booting up.

I am receiving a signal to the monitor (I am not getting a "check signal" message) but no image comes to the PC. I went to put my old card in which is a Gigabyte 128mb 9600 Pro, and it now it doesn't work either!!!

Both cards are receiving power as theirs fans are chugging along.

I had also purchased a 1gig stick of RAM to complement my new video card, so I set my PC up the way it was before the attempted installation of the new card. Still nothing happening.

Current components of PC are:

P4 2.8ghz (D865PERL)
Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro 128mb
512mb RAM
DVD and Lite-On burner

A:New video card install no good, now older card doesn't work either

I don't know about the 9600 Pro but the X1650 Pro should have a power connector on it. Possibly a floppy drive type connector. Was that plugged in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-install-no-good-now-older-card-doesnt-work-either.88311/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi!

I have my own computer repair shop, and there's a dude I know who despise me for no apparent reason. He has much more IT certifications than I do and I'm wondering if he is spying on me or sniffing my IP packets using a customer's PC which he could use as a "trojan horse" inside my house. He can get pretty dirty as he is known to have done so a couple of times!

If there are preventive practices that I could use it will be awesome if you share some!

Thanks!

A:Can someone sniff my network by bringing a laptop at my place?

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
But seriously if you set your working environment like the pic below you will be a lot safer,

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen...1&d=1449707200

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387318-can-someone-sniff-my-network-bringing-laptop-my-place.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am in need of upgrading from 8GB to 16GB laptop memory as I am almost maxing out. According to pcpartpicker.com, the prices seem to have increased from 2012... anyone know why? http://pcpartpicker.com/trends/memory/

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay, I make music. I am a laptop producer. I'm not sure its even eligible to ask here, but its the only forum site I've registered with.So, um -I need help. I need websites that provides free plugins to make dubstep sounds, like growls and stuff. Both vst's and vsti's are welcome, but it has to be free.If you think there's not much better free dll plugins, gimme the paid ones too, but generally not preffered.Plus, some sort of drum machine. There are a lot I know, but lacks the recording/exporting feature.Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Is this the right place to ask bout Laptop music production?

A GOOGLE search for Free plugins to make dubstep sounds found this - https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/is-this-the-right-place-to-ask-bout-laptop-music-production/2209.html
Relevancy 46.87%

please i did a mistake yesterday i place a magnet a very powerful magnet, near my pc at work last night and since den my pc is not booting
its telling me that hard drive not found
please what can i do?
somebody help!!

A:hello please i place magnet near my hard drive on laptop but its not working again

It would have had to be a very powerful magnet to erase the drive -- more likely is a coincidental drive failure.
Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall the hard drive -- if it's then still not seen, replace it.
If you need further information, we'll need to know what model system (i.e., Inspiron N5110, 5523, etc.) you have.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993702
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a LCD TV that has a native resolution of 1280 x 768 my darn laptop (IBM T40) resolution maxes at 1024x768 making the display look horrible on my TV when connected using the s-video out portion.

Is there anything at all I can do to make it look better? It does have an SVGA port on it but would just changing the S-Video to SVGA really make it so its not squished and fuzzy?

The kicker is the specs show - which means it should display just fine right?

Compatible Modes
NTSC 480i
HD Ready 480p, 720p, 1080i
PC 640 x 480, 800 x 600 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768

Relevancy 46.87%

Okay so I am doing work on this guys computer He had windows vista I put windows on another partition That one wouldn't work with one program so I put another windows on a third partition This is over the course of a couple months ending in a few days ago Recently he has put some files in a program called NeatWorks that manages his receipts for his business so this is very vital stuff He has already shredded the receipts I need to get this partition bootable or at the very least able to access What I did was I booted into a gparted disk took out the vists and old partition and resized the new to take over their space that was done but there were a couple gigabyte partitions at the beginning I told it to resize to take them because what the heck a and place. of laptop Sort 3 one hard URGENT partitions, It did then it started another process or moving the stuff to the beginning of the disk I 3 partitions, one laptop and a hard place. Sort of URGENT wasn't paying attention and clicked cancel and confirm cancel on the following message saying quot DONT MESS WITH CRAP quot and now this partition isn't readable I've tried chkdsk f that says write protected I tried fixmbr which did nothing I have tried checking to see if I can install vista on another partition but it says g HD with free I tried DISKPART off the startup disk and it says that the filesystem shows up as raw I am in the gparted disk again looking through testdisk and it says there is no partition really Disk part shows me three partitions though volume and is around gigs so thats the partition I need but I can't access it or make it bootable I tried act to make it active but now when I load the system without any other disc in there it just repeats on a flashing cursor I'm not sure what else to do I really need to get this guys computer fixed but I'm in over my head here

A:3 partitions, one laptop and a hard place. Sort of URGENT

One thing I can suggest is to use Recuva to try and recover the partition or the files from it...

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Good Luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116136-3-partitions-one-laptop-hard-place-sort-urgent.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron N4050 Laptop with Integrated Webcam and running Windows 7 Ultimate edition - 64 bit..
I normally call using Gmail's Call phone service. I want to setup so that I can use Internal microphone in laptop to transmit my voice and hear the incoming call voice using external speakers.

**** I normally keep external speakers connected to laptop for listening to music, but whenever I have to make a call, I have to remove the speaker cables and connect headphone cables in audio jack. So, I am looking up for solution to do make audio/video calls using external speakers and without needing to connect headphones to transmit my voice to caller.

Could you help me with the setup please?
Thanks a lot!

A:Use external speakers in place of headphone and Laptop's microphone

Short answer, no. Because of the feedback problems, most users use a separate combination headset/mic to minimize feedback problems. Otherwise you will have to manually change things each time you speak or listen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/218050-use-external-speakers-place-headphone-laptops-microphone.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought a Asus K53E used laptop and the screen is jumping all over the place. I'm on disability and got this for my sister and wish to fix this for her. Also need to know how to disable touch pad as it is hard to type with mouse jumping all over the place. I do have a mouse for it and wish also to update drivers as I have found out that 16 of them are out of date.

Thanks,

Tim

Relevancy 46.87%

I usually use my phone instead of the public WiFi but I wonder if it's too much to also use a paid VPN to protect my data. They´'re not super secret documents but some are confidential.

What do you think?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-need-encrypted-vpn-if-i-use-my-phone-to-connect-my-laptop-in-a-public-place.1104649/
Relevancy 46.44%

check out the pics

no way this can be 53 dated, any ideas?

A:53 dated RAM, no way

Glitch? Some of the older sticks I used said all kinds of random crap. Usually week 255 year 255.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/53-dated-ram-no-way.53848/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I bought a new laptop (Samsung rc730-s01) with i7 processor, 4GB ram (ddr3) and Nvidia 540m Graphics card.
If i want to play modern warfare,I get e really low fps..
I think my laptop uses my onboard graphics card instead of my Nvidia card
is that possible? how do I solve this problem?

Thanks

A:Card possibly not working.

when booting your laptop, go into cmos and check the settings, see what graphics it is using, set your Nvidia 540m as primary graphics, don't use onboard graphics, it sux.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/194905-card-possibly-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to fix my mothers almost 3 year old Emachine. Not really sure what happened. I have the cpu. When I plug it in, the fans all come on the cd and dvd drive doors will open, but nothing will come up on the monitor. I took the battery out of the mother board but other than that , I haven't really done anything else. Could it possibly be the video card? If so is there a way to check it, My daughter has the exact computer so I could switch parts out if need be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.44%

lately i have been getting low fps in my computer games. mainly counter-strike 1.6 and i have a nvidia 6800GT 256mb... i've had the card for a year now and i'm wondering if my video card is going bad... another thing that gets me to believe this, is that my mouse icon started disappearing this morning... i have tried everything... and before i result to formatting (which i dread because i have 5000+ songs), i wanted to see if it was my video card... i do however have a spair ti4200 128mb that should work fine... so if i need to go to that, that's no problem even though i'd like to stick with the 256mb...

amd 2600+ 2.1ghz
1gb corsair
80gb WD
6800gt 256mb
19" viewsonic

A:Possibly Bad Video Card..

souton here is what i would do

1. being that you have a spare video card switch it out with the one thats may be the cause, if your mouse is still doing that than its not the video card. run CS with the 128 and see if the 128mb's performance is better. If it is than its the 6800 gt thats the problem wether its software or hardware is the next step

2. Check all drivers and update them, see if that works. if not i'd safe my self the time and replace the card. if you feel you'd rather reformatt for a fix action than back up your files on diff/new harddrive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possibly-bad-video-card.44209/
Relevancy 46.44%

As i was playing BF2, the game froze and i had to restart. when it got back to windows i pulled the case off and as i did one of the fans managed to unplug and ofcourse freezing the computer again.

so i restarted this time again, but this time the computer does not get past the WINDOWS logo page as it loads windows, it just freezes on that , and all the colors are skrewed up, and i cannot get past the windows loading screen.

right now i am running in safe mode.

so do you guys recon this is due to my Vcard frying? or does it maby lead to something else?

and would there be any type of tester i can download that can run in safe mode and actully shove me where hte problem is at?

i have:
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, 512mb
AMD Athlon 64 processor,3000+,2GHz
1GIG of Ram
AC97 Audio codec
4 fans

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possibly-fried-my-card.573131/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

My computer(Mother board = micro star inc 7211) has a few issues with RAM

1. I Can only use 1 DDR ram if i place both of my 256 ddr ram the computer just beebs and does not start. but when i use 1 256 ddr ram its ok ,

2. when the computer starts with one ram and i check the ram capacity it reads 192 instead of 256

will someone please help me out

Thanks

A:Computer only works when i place one ddr ram but if i place two it beebs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-only-works-when-i-place-one-ddr-ram-but-if-i-place-two-it-beebs.923702/
Relevancy 46.44%

A couple of weeks ago the phone company did major work on the lines around here. Before that, my web pages loaded with images appearing immediately. Now, I get image place holders which then covert into images. It's not much slower - it's just that the image place holders bug me and I wonder if some settings have changed on the PC that alter the way that pages load?

A:Solved: Image Place Holders all over the place

Hiya

Not sure if this will help, but it may be a setting in the Options:

Control Panel | Internet Options. Advanced tab. Scroll down to Multimedia, and untick Show Image Download Placeholders....Apply and OK

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-image-place-holders-all-over-the-place.282970/
Relevancy 46.44%

I dont get this. Sometimes I notice one time say (3hours, 20mins), and it will say 100% left. Then 10 seconds later I check it again and it will say 2hours left with 100%. WTF is this BS from toshiba? Is there any other software I can use? Cause obviously toshiba is playing false games with me. I cant even read my battery gauge properly cause the thing keeps jumping.

A:Centrino laptop - battery gauge in taskbar jumping all over the place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/centrino-laptop-battery-gauge-in-taskbar-jumping-all-over-the-place.277943/
Relevancy 46.01%

I m having problems with my computer monitor graphics card I don t know which one but sometimes when i start my pc up the computer starts i can hear everything whirring Problems with card monitor/possibly vid away but the monitor is a blank screen with the light flashing If i press a button on the monitor it displays the message quot Monitor in power saving mode quot This only happens sometimes very randomly Usually it fixes with a restart but this arvo when i restarted it just kept doing the same thing Problems with monitor/possibly vid card I checked all the cables opened up the computer to check everything Problems with monitor/possibly vid card s plugged in it all seems fine After about three hours of stressing and trying to work out whats wrong with it my sister comes home and turned the computer on and alas it worked This is extremely annoying and i dont know when its going to happen next Also even though its working now my display has a sickly bright yellow shade It s very weird Can anybody help me nbsp

A:Problems with monitor/possibly vid card

I'd say the first suspect is your power supply. Hopefully that is what it is anyways, as they are cheap and fairly easy to replace.

Download and install this: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

and tell us what it is reporting for your 3.3v, 5v and 12v

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-monitor-possibly-vid-card.50852/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've experienced 2 BSOD's today, both within 30 minutes of turning on the computer. I was doing nothing extraordinary either time, just browsing the web (in fact, the second time I was getting ready to post this). The blue screen flashed too quickly but I think it was stop error 116 and the file was ati something .sys. I suspect gfx card because of this. I've attached all the dump information.

OS is OEM, reinstalled 1 year ago. Mobo, CPU, RAM, secondary HDD are 2.5 years old. SSD (boot drive) is 1 year old. Gfx card, PSU are 6 months old.

Other maybe useful info about the gfx card is that it has been behaving strangely before. Last week and other times, Windows Aero would suddenly turn off, and the gfx temperature would rise ~5-10C and fan would go crazy. Rebooting fixed this, at least temporarily.

A:BSOD Under Normal Use, Possibly Gfx Card

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226319-bsod-under-normal-use-possibly-gfx-card.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was wondering if I should get a better sound card and/or speakers. My current sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy SE. I was thinking about getting an x-fi xtreme gamer sound card, but my brother doesn't think the sound will be any different and doesn't think it's worth going for. My current speaker set is Boston Acoustics BA735. They're digital speakers. Are there other speaker sets that are better than the BA735?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

My onboard ethernet network card failed yesterday so I went out and by generic realtek gigbait pcie card. Everything worked fine last night. However since this morning, I have recieved three BSODs. One this morning and two tonight. I verified that I have the latest drivers for the card. I also have a 350 mb memory.dmp file.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

System details:

- x64
- Windows 7 Professional
- full retail version
- Hardware is 1+ years old
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Original os was vista home premium. Did a full re-install with windows 7 a few months ago.

A:BSOD possibly due to new network card

Your 2 reports showed a code of F4, with a probable cause of hard drive problems.
0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64

Code:

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_MC-PC-BSOD[1].zip\Windows7_BSOD_jcgriff2\082010-19905-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01e09000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02046e50
Debug session time: Fri Aug 20 21:23:53.840 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:43.340
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8009900630, fffffa8009900910, fffff80002185540}
Probably caused by : hardware_disk
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa8009900630, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa8009900910, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff80002185540, Explanatory message (ascii)
Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa8009900630
IMAGE_NAME: hardware_disk
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff8800a537278 -- (.exr 0xfffff8800a537278)
ExceptionAddress: 00000000776451df
ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 3
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000077488ba8
Parameter[2]: 00000000c000009d
Inpage operation failed at 0000000077488ba8, due to I/O error 00000000c000009d
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000077488ba8
EXCEPTION_PARAMETE... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/105771-bsod-possibly-due-new-network-card.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello About months ago when playing a game my monitor Video Possibly Overheating Card would go black and my speakers would Video Card Possibly Overheating make this obnoxious squeal Now for the past month it would do it frequently - times a day so I decided it was something wrong with the video card Before leading to this conclusion I first re-installed everything and yes I still have the same problems I updated it s driver and I flashed my BIOS to the newest version Those seemed Video Card Possibly Overheating to not have worked So today I felt the video card during normal gaming operations and it was really warm to the touch I made this computer about years ago myself and it never had this problem before until recently I have enough cooling three mm fans and I just added another mm fan right next to the video card The fan right underneath the video card seems to still be running smoothly Do video cards start overheating because of the age of it and is running a video card for years taken a toll on it Or might it be some other problem causing my monitor to turn off randomly during game play sometimes when watching youtube videos this occurs too nbsp

A:Video Card Possibly Overheating

if the most stressfull thing u are doing is watching youtube the video card should be fine in another 2 years but the whole computer needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. also the video card will feel warm when normal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-possibly-overheating.92285/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys I have a Win custom built computer I'm running a Radeon HD graphics card gb ram a gigabyte GA-A M-s v motherboard with a AMD A Ghz processor I had originally had the Possibly Failing Graphics Card cpu overclocked but it lead to some stability issues so I brought it back to default Not long after I started experiencing a weird issue where what appeared to be randomly my monitor would either go blank or blue or all sorts of wonky vertical lines or look like it got spliced and wrapped funny I attached some pics sorry about Graphics Card Possibly Failing the quality Often the sound still works and when the monitor drops my computers fans seem to kick up a notch It seemed to be only when I was on a web browser and never affected any games I ran I tried to hunt down the problem wiping an reloading most of the software wiping the hard drive furmark and memtest Nothing seemed to set it off I swapped Graphics Card Possibly Failing out PSU's for something bigger W now but still the web browsing set it off Recently it started Graphics Card Possibly Failing to drop me out of video games and sometimes it strikes once or twice and then leaves me alone for a few days but its getting really consistent now multiple times per hour When it crashes I reset the comp and I have scoured the error reports but nothing comes up other than unexpected resets and kernel power which I understand is when I improperly shut it down So nothing really monitor related I want to say its my graphics card dying but I really have no idea Anyone here that can help

A:Graphics Card Possibly Failing

Uninstall the graphics card and run on the iGPU for a couple of days and see if the problem persists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/307095-graphics-card-possibly-failing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using Windows 98 and recently I had a hard drive problem (overloaded), and strange things started happening - including NO MORE SOUND! I fixed the hard drive problem but now I have no sound. I checked all the obvious places and areas to look to fix the problem. Any ideas? Is it possible that I would have to replace a sound card? Thanks.

Relevancy 46.01%

I think my gfx card is dieing might be the mobo or something for all i know about computer hardware I can go (possibly graphics Odd card elsewhere) problem from using windows - gt ubuntu no problem If I try to boot into windows after ubuntu it ll act like I didn t have a card in or there were no drivers present I ll get a white screen at the login page and if I manage to get past that it asks me to install drivers for the card restarting usually fixes this I can go windows - gt windows no problem If I Odd graphics card problem (possibly elsewhere) try to go ubuntu - gt ubuntu I ll get a few errors about unable to allocate resources or whatever then it ll end up showing a black screen with the text quot radeon x rialto atombios quot Restarting doesn t seem to fix this Would downloading reinstalling the latest windows drivers and or installing fglrx for ubuntu help anything While I Odd graphics card problem (possibly elsewhere) m here I might as well mention that I sometimes get quot no disk in drive A quot when loading windows I think this happens other times too but I can t remember any specific occurences while correct i don t see why it should be accessing drive A I m going to jump back into Ubuntu now had to restart for updates etc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-graphics-card-problem-possibly-elsewhere.542411/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello nbsp This is going to be long winded but my problem is specific and I have tested out a number of things About May th or th I started to play Final Fantasy I had no problems at all until about a week ago I began to have random lag spurts of a few seconds at a consistent interval of a few minutes They would last for maybe seconds before returning to normal gameplay It would happen at any time doing anything from intensive fights to simply talking to an NPC nbsp To stick to the important test I attempted to play Wifi dying? card possibly with Ethernet cable plugged directly into my laptop This solved the problem of the lag spikes completely They never happened for as long as the ethernet cable was plugged in Unplugging it and resuming play they would return So figure out the source I decided to go over to my Uncle's and try to play on his internet The lag spikes Wifi card possibly dying? were present theree as well nbsp This is leading me to believe Wifi card possibly dying? something is going wrong with my system I did not install any updates or do anything different within the past week it just started out of nowhere Is it starting to die What's a good upgrade if so nbsp I will happily update with any extra needed info Thank you for any help that can be provided and my product number is listed below nbsp nbsp Product number E J UA ABA

A:Wifi card possibly dying?

Hi, Can you use wireless normally (not play games), if yes then no problem with the wireless card, it is only slow and you may not be able to upgrade it internally. Have you tried external wireless card such as (ac cards)        http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/c/technology/networking/wireless-usb-adapters Note: your wireless router must also support ac standard. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Wifi-card-possibly-dying/td-p/5644797
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Dell Dimension E I have been having a problem with it not being able to play sometimes not-so recent games Mirror s Edge is the only one I really RAM, Upgrading card possibly graphics please? help and want to get working until I get a new gaming computer I have been thinking it was the graphics card it s a Radeon x or something I think it doesn t have Upgrading graphics card and possibly RAM, help please? the right Shader Model Most games that don t work require Shader Model However I found this thing http compactiongames about com od -Version-And-Shader-Model-You-Are-Running htm My DxDiag says I have DirectX version c so then I should have Shader Model Is that wrong If it is how do I tell what Shader Model I really have And if it isn t wrong why are my games not working Is it just not enough RAM or not good enough CPU I have been thinking about upgrading my graphics card to a Nvidia Geforce Would that help with the games not working How do I tell what Shader Model the has Would I need to upgrade my PSU too I only have GB of RAM would getting more help with the games too Pentium CPU nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Earlier my screen went completely green and I had to restart my computer When I brought it back up I had these white lines as seen in the picture I figured it might be either the video card or my hard drive so I tried plugging my computer into my TV using onboard video with an HDMI cable I have two monitors so dual display is already active and onboard video loaded up my TV Figuring my Video Card died, possibly video Something card? is bad I just decided to shut down unplug my monitor Something died, possibly video card? from the card and run onboard video right to my main monitor until I Something died, possibly video card? bought a new one When I started it back up no matter what I did I could not get onboard video to load I went into BIOS and there s random pink bars and when I first boot my computer up I can see POST and BIOS and all fine it s when the OS loads up there s random green text I also tried taking the ram out and testing both sticks by themselves and that didn t help Any guess what s wrong Dead video card Dead motherboard Edit After fooling around with it for hours I got the onboard video to load again It s pink red and fuzzy and no matter if I use the gaphics card or onboard video the windows log in screen is fuzzy and doesn t go anywhere further I m guessing its the motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

my computer was acting slow so my sister had the bright idea to delete programs we didnt use.. now that she has done this we have no sound and error messages saying no sound devices are found. She emptied the recycle bin so I wasnt able to see exactly what she deleted. Is there anything I can do to fix this? please help !

A:Sound Card possibly deleted

All you have to do is reinstall the Sound card drivers,either from -

1.A CD with the drivers on it.

2.Download them form the web site of your the maker of the sound card.

3.Go to Control panel/Add hardware wizard -

Windows might find the drivers, or it might not.

As for slow computer -

Do full antispyware scans (the No.1 cause of slow computers) and run CCleaner.

Also Defragment the Hard Drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-possibly-deleted.85307/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,when i try to update my drivers it tells me that access is denied,how do i get these drivers updated?

A:drivers out dated

Drivers only need to be updated if your computer is having a specific issue. Drivers don't get old and stop working.

If you still need to update drivers for something, provide more information such as info on the computer and operating system and what exactly you're doing when you get the error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-out-dated.720181/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have xp pro on both my desk top pcs lately when seaching for trip tix ive been told my os is to outdated how do i know i use ie8 and what should i use THANKS for any help

A:Solved: Out dated OS

The following program should tell us what you need to know:
1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.

2- Run the program.

3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.

4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.

5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply. Do not attach it.

6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-out-dated-os.1087792/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello TSF! I run a small IT company that sells info screens, and we use chrome for it. But on some screens it keeps popup with "chrome is out dated". Any way to disable that? I have tried change stuff in regedit for it

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Update:
Dword: AutoUpdateCheckPeriodMinutes Value: 0
Dword: DisableAutoUpdateChecksCheckboxValue Value: 1
Dword: UpdateDefault Value: 0
Dword: Update{8A69D345-D564-463C-AFF1-A69D9E530F96} Value: 0 '

Hopefully one of you guys know how.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/chrome-is-out-of-dated-1144969.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Can out dated drivers that are not being used by the system cause problems?

A:Out dated drivers.

Hi Layback bear

My name is Mohammed from DELL social media outreach team

In response to your recent query The outdated drivers will not cause any problem.But if the drivers are not updated the hardware component associated to the driver might not work at its best
Thanks & regards
DELL_Mohammed_A
DELL social media responder

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/242727-out-dated-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.01%

this is the question I had submitted ID Name Jack This log...dated Hi 07/24/07 Irv Stein Email email protected OS Windows XP RAM GB CPU AMD Other Type Desktop Workstation Question I used AVG anti spyware to scan computer results a trojan was found VB IQ How do I get rid of it Also different DLLs Hi Jack This log...dated 07/24/07 were quot changed quot What does that mean Over the last few days I ran A-Squared SpyBot and AdAware separately on different days and each only found Tracking Cookies Thanks in advance Irv Remote computer name Browser type Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT NET CLR NET CLR Timestamp PM LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exeRamblings of a Hi Jack This log...dated 07/24/07 Retired Mind C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files WeatherMate WeatherMate exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Malware Programs WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Mozy mozybackup exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page https www google com accounts Ser com ig hl en amp cd US amp hl en amp nui amp ltmpl default R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run WeatherMate quot C Program Files WeatherMate WeatherMate exe quot O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot c Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run WinPatrol System Monitor C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Malware Programs WinPatrol WinPatrol exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PRO... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-jack-this-log-dated-07-24-07.599906/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've found out that Intel Graphics Driver 10.18.10.3993, Mojong Minecraft 1.10.2 and Java 8 set 101 crashes alot. After removing HP Support software and video driver and installed Intel Generic driver 10.18.10.4425. The game plays well at 1024x768 full screen. HP Support software has revert to the OEM driver Intel 10.18.10.3993. This is which HP employee and customers looses respect. Slimline 450-a24 isn't for surfing web and email. I have extended my warranty for July 2017, wishing for hp software geeks to. Say what you mean, Mean what you say, and Prove it! Six months of my time to prove that a generic driver is better than OEM. And it isn't Java fault by far. I do except this will never happen. Until we citizen start paying 40% hike in electricity. The volenteers need not to answer, HP doesn't pay you. A sad regards: Redscarlett

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Out-Dated-Driver/td-p/5720272
Relevancy 46.01%

I will like to know what is other users take on this and if it is safe,seems outdated.

A:Out dated open SSL

OpenSLL file date to 2005 and unsigned may i add this is 2016 so i'm bothered.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/out-dated-open-ssl.61663/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys,

In the last few days this Acer Aspire 5535 Laptop, crashes during a reboot cycle, this is on the powering down phase. After this takes place a system restore is required which takes it back to the state prior to the reboot.

Powering on from cold and shuting down present no problem, this presents its own issues when installing new software.

Any help that you guys can give on this would be appreciated.

Cheers
Alan

A:Laptop Crashes When Rebooted, no issue when shutdown and boot takes place?

Please post this info to give us a hand in sorting out the issue: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-crashes-when-rebooted-no-issue-when-shutdown-and-boot-takes-place-466246.html
Relevancy 45.58%

unior Member

Hi,

Although I have done nothing to my computer, my games have begun to run very badly, even with all graphics turned on their lowest settings despite the fact I can normally run them on the highest. I have not made hardware changes to my comp and all games played fine only a couple of days ago.

- I have since restored my computer to an earlier date
- Check my comp for viruses, spyware, defragmentation, registry check, disk errors, adware, hijackthis, disk cleanup
- I cannot remember installing any new programs either

The problem is still therehowever, the temp on the graphics card is also fine, running at normal levels. Everything else on the computer runs well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maracles

A:Gaming, possibly graphics card problem

are you overclocking anything? or some important part of the PC just gave up the ghost or someting. this happened to me and i needed to get a new processor. even if your not overclocking something might have just burned out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-possibly-graphics-card-problem.471063/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Everyone I followed bsod posting instructions but there was some problem to generate the system health report or maybe just I did it in the wrong way so I just attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip AMD graphic to BSOD related possibly card Here are some more details A few days ago my laptop couldn't startup and kept showing a bsod msg related to atikmpag sys So I just googled and followed several instructions but unfortunately nothing worked Laptop is Dell Vostro with Windows SP -bit Graphic Card is Intel HD and AMD Radeon or something like that I've tried reinstall latest amd drivers both from dell or amd and not just latest also tried expand atikmpage BSOD possibly related to AMD graphic card sy to atikmpag sys update bios use leshcat's amd installer I'm not sure if I used the app correctly since I couldn't startup to normal mode but only the safe mode without moving the atikmpag sys or rename it I also tried bluescreenviewer and it showed three file in red which were atikmpag sys dxgkrnl BSOD possibly related to AMD graphic card sys and dxgmms sys And then I also started driver verifier but nothing happened and I deleted atikmpag sys after I didn't check temperature or anything related to motherboard or several things I really couldn't understand PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME Rly don't know what to do now Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-possibly-related-to-amd-graphic-card-1046649.html