Windows Support Forum

Could someone recommend a laptop?

Q: Could someone recommend a laptop?

I just bought an acer laptop and everything i have tried has worked except Sims 2 runs really crappy on it. I think ill just buy a new laptop that is capable of playing the sims 2 well. If anyone has a laptop that plays this game with good graphics I would appreciate a recommendation. My Budget is $1000 or less. I just want one that plays sims 2 without lagging and bad quality picture.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Could someone recommend a laptop?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Kids!

Help!

I not looking to do fancy things on it, just the basics. I want something that is durable and lightweight and with good virus protection.

My friends have recommend the Toshiba, Vaio ... hey have you seen the new Macbook air?!? It looks real nice ... anyone know if it's good and worth the price?

Thanks!

S

A:Looking to buy Laptop... what do you recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-buy-laptop-what-do-you-recommend.97257/
Relevancy 49.88%

i ve had my custom built pc for nearly years and it was really good however now i want something more portable but has the capabilities of a computer not a tablet i already have an ipad i don t know what laptop to get it will definitely be a downgrade in terms of components and i am aware of that because it won t be used for heavy CPU RAM usage I will be using it for writing documents making powerpoint slideshows the internet near enough all day occasionally play minecraft occasionally make an hour long dvd on sony vegas watch youtube videos occasional photoshop editing skype want a decent webcam around mp This is basically what i have been using my desktop for recently so i think laptop? a Recommend my specs are currently a bit of an overkill for that What kind of laptop specifically would you recommend or if you can t tell me that what specs should i look for in a laptop nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I spent a good minutes trying to find the right forum area for my thread- please feel free to move me if for a me? Please? Recommend laptop I am in the wrong spot I need a new laptop desperately My current one is years old Recommend a laptop for me? Please? It s been a long time Recommend a laptop for me? Please? since I purchased a laptop and to be honest I HATED the laptop I have since the moment I got it I purchased on ebay and didn t know much about it Thankfully you all are great and knowledgeable experts especially compared to me My current laptop is an HP I had to reformat it countless times in the first year and it doesn t stupid things with the mouse I hate it I hate it so much I just hate it and want it to go away for ever I can t ever buy an HP laptop again I feel like my needs are fairly simple I like a good amount of HD space but don t need anything crazy I tend to save photos videos from my camera and some media here and there I m not a gamer The gaming I do consists of flash games on kongregate com - not saying it wouldn t be really nice to play a game or two on there- but I don t need anything high tech for gaming I do want it to be fast- a good amount of ram and processing speed I hate waiting a long time for thing to load and I do tend to reboot my computer infrequently and don t want it getting bogged down quickly I want to be able to run my AOL instant messenger and my firefox with tabs open I want a windows-based computer - Not a mac I need a laptop that will not easily overheat That has been a constant problem with my HP I don t really want to walk into best buy and hand over a dollars for their overpriced stuff I feel like if I can talk to you all and do my research I ll be able to get a good laptop for a decent price I m hoping to spend in the - range But I suppose if it s really that amazing I could go to Recommendations Thoughts I don t know a whole heap about computers but I know most of the terms The more detailed you can be the better always THANK YOU VERY MUCH ahead of time I know you all give up your free time for strangers and I ALWAYS appreciate your helps Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I am in the market for a new laptop. It will be used largely for internet, itunes, remote desktop into work. These two laptops are exactly the same price. Which would you recommend?

HP G62-371dx--AMD turion II 2.4 gHz 3GB ram (DD3), 500GB harddrive

HP G63-367dx-- AMD Turion II 2.5gHz 4GB ram (DD3) 320 GB hard drive

Batteries, graphics card, layout, etc are all the same. Since we have only used 30GB of our current laptop in four years, I am leaning towards the higher RAM but wanted to get another opinion. Thanks in advance!

A:which laptop would you recommend between these two?

If you are going to run a 32 bit version of windows,then
the extra hard drive space would probably be more useful.
For a 64 bit version,it would be able to make use of the extra memory.
Overall though,there isn't going to be much difference in performance.
64 bit would get a bit better performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-laptop-would-you-recommend-between-these-two.974817/
Relevancy 49.88%

Not too long ago on here I promised I d be upgrading this old laptop? recommend a Win machine pretty soon I think it s about time to do it and I m looking to replace this old desktop with a nice laptop I ve looked mainly at Thinkpads now made by Lenovo Sonys and Toshibas The main things I want are - pretty big screen hopefully quot or more widescreen slightly preferred but doesn t matter - good video chip probably MB dedicated - good reliability recommend a laptop? and support - looks cool it just has to Size and weight aren t the most important thing but I would prefer a real laptop to one of the pounder quasi-laptops Any thoughts or what I should look for in particular I haven t bought a computer in awhile so I don t know quite the specs to shoot for I want to go pretty high end but not over the top I m thinking GB dual layer DVD burner somewhere around - GB hard drive depending on the options haven t scoped them out I m not a big fan of companies that will keep me on hold for an hour and then give me the runaround Anybody know how video chips work in a laptop I know they used to always be soldered in but I see some models have upgradeable video Are the ones with the fancy video chips usually upgradeable or does it depend I know the ones with integrated Intel are soldered in and probably not upgradeable The word PCI Express has come up Does that thing have the equivalent of AGP or whatever I know you can t just stick a video card in a normal expansion slot and get anything worth watching Does bits matter in the main CPU that is Or any of that other mumbo jumbo like dual core I tend to think it s overrated since most computers these days are fast enough for most things I d need to do -- state of the art D basically just needs a good video card Video editing or something might be a little faster with a faster CPU but otherwise I doubt I d generally notice it Serial ATA RPM I think going for one or both of those two could speed things up a little Not sure how common either is but definitely seen them come up a lot Half-decent sound in the internal speakers would be nice but as long as I can make it out I can probably live with it Any other suggestions welcome I don t know what the current coolest wireless standard is There were a few competing last I checked I guess Bluetooth would probably make sense as well no Screen update speed Does resolution matter a lot Can it be too high In old versions of Windows that makes a lot of things too small but I assume it s better now Alright I m just tossing things out there Any advice you have is appreciated I also looked at Dell and MPC but probably won t go in those directions And I am curious about compact desktop models as well -- I doubt that s what I ll get right now but I haven t seen as many cool ones as I expected to Apple has pulled that off a lot better than the PC world has I think Thanks for any input p s I was also looking at a digital camera to go with it I like the Canons but also looked at an HP and a Casio which looked OK I think I ll save that for another time though p p s Some of these laptops come with features I consider frivolous for my needs like fingerprint scanners built-in webcams and infrared ports If anyone has any thoughts on those though I welcome them nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I've checked a bunch of sites, and haven't really found a lot of useful information. I'm looking for recommendations/experiences with 2GB memory for a HP Turion 64 ML-32 (dv8000). Currently, it has 512mb (2x256) and the computer is used for mostly ADT. Recently it has begun paging up to 1136mb on the disk drive due to the large files. Any info is appreciated, and if all else fails, I can always toss in some Corsair, but I'm looking for the best suited memory for this application.

A:Recommend new memory for HP laptop?

HP Pavilion dv8000z

HP Pavilion dv8000t

In the left column of both sites is the "Crucial System Scanner". Once the activeX control is installed, it'll scan your computer and tell you exactly what you have and need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-new-memory-for-hp-laptop.459225/
Relevancy 49.45%

its for my mom, she doesn't game, do anything resource intensive. want to spend 300-500 bucks. heres what i would like for it to have: dual core proc., 3 gig RAM, 250 gig hard drive. thanks guys.

A:Can someone recommend me a good laptop?

someone please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-someone-recommend-me-a-good-laptop.141433/
Relevancy 49.45%

Its about time i got a new laptop but i just cant decide what to get Ive narrowed it down to this it a nice exactly on buget Heres a link to the one i have my eye on http h www hp com wwpc buying laptop? this you Would recommend uk e P Pavilion dv eu Notebook PC amp lang en amp cc uk HPs website and https www dabs com productview aspx Quicklinx HHQ Dabs com I will be upgrading the RAM myself as i have compatable GB sticks I have to buy one from Dabs Would you recommend buying this laptop? as they are offering months interest free payment period with deposit so ill have it for initially and pay it off as i can If anyone has any bad news about this laptop or about HP id like to know Ive never purchased a product from HP before Also if anyone knows of a better laptop in a UK or Irish store which offers buy now pay later i would be very grateful nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

What are the best gaming laptops out right now? After e3 last week, I feel the need to change my surface pro 4 now that some games coming will now be compatible with WIndows 10.. its a great way to play and go.

A:any thin gaming laptop you can recommend?

Originally Posted by onysi What are the best gaming laptops out right now? After e3 last week, I feel the need to change my surface pro 4 now that some games coming will now be compatible with WIndows 10.. its a great way to play and go. check this list : Best gaming laptops of 2016 | Windows Central
And this one: MSI announces new Windows 10 gaming laptops at Computex 2016 | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/428760-any-thin-gaming-laptop-you-can-recommend.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello.

I need a new 2,5" hard drive for my laptop, because my 640gb is not enough for me at the moment and i'm starting to think that mine's getting more problematic as time goes by...

So I was thinking of getting this one, because I can get it at an accessible price and i've heard very good things about it (i think the only bad things i heard about it is that, in this day and age, SSD's completely overshadow it). It's got 1TB, 7200RPM and a 32MB Cache, sounds great to me. Since I can't afford a SSD+HDD combo, I wanted you guys to recommend me a good HDD for my laptop that's both fast and big, or tell me if that one is worth getting.

I'd like anything with 1tb or more, and my budget is about 110$ but the lower the price the better =P

Thank you for your time.

A:Can anyone recommend me a good and fast HDD for my laptop?

look for a used drive. save some cash

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301747-can-anyone-recommend-me-good-fast-hdd-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Could anyone recommend me a Windows laptop that can watch Videos can run Windows and does not have loud fan noise like the MacBook and MacBook Pro Basically I want a laptop that can run a lot of applications at the same time without lagging and without tormenting your ears with the fan noise And is cheap maybe at most And also does not get out of order easily when I drop it accidentally and has relatively cheap warranty policy I would be willing to buy used or refurbished computers if it fits my criteria even if it's originally Windows XP computer but on which you can install Windows MacBook Pro warranty was like for years which is kind of expensive in my opinion BTW if you didn't buy a warranty at the end of me a Recommend good cheap laptop the first year of free warranty can you buy warranty later So I wanted a computer Recommend me a good cheap laptop with warranty of maybe at most per years I guess I could run bootcamp or Parallels on the Windows if I really need Mac but so far I don't think I discovered anything definitely better in a Mac except maybe the display So I guess if I wanna use something like Final Cut Pro Is there a Windows version that is just as good maybe I could just run Parallels which is why I need a computer with good speed and size to tackle many apps at the same time Anyway I don't like running Parallels on Mac because I can't handle the fan sound that goes along with it and there's lots of Windows-only apps that I couldn't run on Mac and was deprived of computer experience for years because of it And when I run Parallels it's too slow and loud However if there is no laptop or computer for that can do all the things i mentioned then just recommend me whatever

A:Recommend me a good cheap laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by Girom

I guess I could run bootcamp or Parallels on the Windows if I really need Mac? but so far I don't think I discovered anything definitely better in a Mac, except maybe the display. So I guess if I wanna use something like Final Cut Pro (Is there a Windows version that is just as good?) maybe I could just run Parallels (which is why I need a computer with good speed and size to tackle many apps at the same time)

Hi, and welcome to seven forums.

It is very hard to get Mac OS X running on a Windows machine. VMware and all that stuff is for people with a lot of computer experience.

In your search of a good laptop; go have a look at the Compaq brand by HP. They are quite cheap, but very reliable.

And for your Final Cut Pro alternative: Avid | Home --> Pinnacle or Sony Vegas Pro.

Grtz,
Martin

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187376-recommend-me-good-cheap-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok, so I've just bought a bargain netbook for use to and from work, etc. Only trouble is it's only got one USB port on the side. I've been looking for and failing to find an affordable USB hub that will attach to the side of the laptop, as in a male plug on one side of the bar and three or four female sockets on the other.

I know there are hubs of this type out there, just either not in stock or extortionately priced.

What I'm trying to avoid is cables, I want to maximize mobility and compactness. Preferably in white =]

Can anyone recommend a site/company/product that's good value for money and ships to the UK?

Here's a coupla pictures of the sort of thing I'm (just after the little travel bit of the belkin one, the other one I can't seem to find in stock anywhere without buying it in bulk):

A:Anybody recommend a highly portable USB hub for laptop?

That one on the right can also be found under the iHome brand. It's iHome IH-U550FB (this is the black one, maybe FW on the end for white?)

Newegg.com - iHome IH-U550FB 4-Port USB 2.0 Notebook Hub - Hubs

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/66666-anybody-recommend-highly-portable-usb-hub-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,
I'm going to be getting an LCD TV and a laptop sometime soon, with the intention of hooking my laptop up to the TV viewing AVI videos on the big screen.
I'm assuming that better graphics cards in laptops make a difference in video viewing quality, but does it make a big difference? Should I bother to buy a laptop with a quality graphics card? Any recommendations?

Relevancy 48.16%

I'm looking for a new laptop 2.5 kg or under that is Direct X 10 capable. A 8400 GT or better graphics would be great.

Any recomendations?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-a-light-weight-dx10-laptop.597843/
Relevancy 48.16%

Budget of $400-$500I need some suggestions.The maximum length of the clips I am planning on edting is 10 minutes.The laptop or desktop will be used for nothing else other than 4K editng. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Recommend-an-hp-laptop-or-hp-desktop-for-4K-video-editing/td-p/5779961
Relevancy 48.16%

I am interested in updating my video card that will support current video games such as Halo 2, Crysis and so on. Based on my current system, I don't know what would be a compatible card that would not take alot alot of money to give my video card a boast.

My laptops current system is:

Gateway T-1625
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
AMD Turion 64 x2 dual core mobile technology TL-60 2.00 ghz
ATI Radeon x1200 series
4 gig ram
320 hard drive
HDMI out

A:Please Recommend a Laptop Video Card for Gaming

Let me start off with I'm not sure if you're looking to buy a laptop or upgrade the graphics card. If you're wanting a laptop then I may be able to help.

I work at Best Buy so I don't usually search around the internet too much for laptops, but for the best gaming laptop I would recommend almost any of the ASUS products.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=asus+laptop&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~q61737573206c6170746f70~~cabcat0500000%23%232%23%237~~ncabcat0502000%23%233%23%235&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

If you can stand to wait I would wait until they have any of these three on sale (If it's $200 off original price that's the cheapest you'll get it):
Asus - Laptop with Intel? Centrino? Processor Technology - Black/Coppery Gold - X83Vb-X1
Asus - Laptop with Intel? Centrino? 2 Processor Technology - Espresso Brown/Khaki - X83Vm-X1
Asus - Laptop with Intel? Centrino? 2 Processor Technology - Black - G50Vt-X1

Just my opinion

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/199529-please-recommend-laptop-video-card-gaming.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7, specs are listed in my system specs, and would like to try tinkering and spending time learning new stuff. I want to be able to dual-boot and it would be nice if the OS is stable enough that it won't destroy my windows 7 to the point of having to reinstall everything.

P.s. - I have no experience with linux, but am ready to learn and spend some time on it.

Thanks in advance

A:Please recommend a good Linux distro for my laptop

Most people consider "Ubuntu" the most polished Linux distro; http://www.ubuntu.com/

That said, you won't destroy your Windows installation installing it either. This assumes that your HDD is much closer to empty, than it is to full, so there won't be any problem creating a small Linux partition. Ubuntu reads NTFS, all you files would be accessible with it.

Now, there are problems if you decide you no longer want Linux on the machine. "GRUB", the Linux boot loader, sets Linux as the default OS and Windows must be chosen at startup. Attempting to remove Linux trashes GRUB, and there must be repairs made to the Windows install, or it no bootie.

I haven't dealt with LInux in a while, the novelty kinda wore off for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-a-good-linux-distro-for-my-laptop.155657/
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought one that supported the laptop to put space between it and the surface, from dollar store for a dollar, but it was so weak that it broke when I stepped on it.

I would like one that could even adjust the height of the laptop screen...

A:Could you recommend a good laptop holder/ventilator?

There's plenty to choose from here Amazon.com: laptop cooler

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293980-could-you-recommend-good-laptop-holder-ventilator.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to buy automatic screwdriver for repair and maintenance and assembling and disassembling small/medium electronics be it computer, laptop, smartphone. I just don't know what tool to get. I was looking on these:

Black And Decker Alkaline Cordless Screwdriver:

Skil Lithium Ion Cordless Screwdriver:

These are small but i don't know which to get. The first one does not rely on recharging and uses Alkaline battery but second one needs recharging.

A:What Instruments Would You Recommend When Working With Computer/Laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-instruments-would-you-recommend-when-working-with-computer-laptop.1004968/
Relevancy 47.73%

thinking of moving into the world of laptops. 13 or 14 inch for general use with graphics. needs a built in dvd record/player. win7 home premium. no bloat ware needed lol. suggestions? there are so many out there, tooooo many. thanks!

A:recommend a good 13" laptop with dvd record/player?

Yep, a plethora of then. Have a look.
I have had good luck with Dell, others have not and I have heard Toshiba, while a decent machine, is really bloated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/173136-recommend-good-13-laptop-dvd-record-player.html
Relevancy 33.97%

....playing Stalker : Shadow of Chernobyl on these specs.

3072MB RAM

2.3GHZ

a SHARED VideoC of (total memory) 1.3g - dedicated 256MB

i think i can. System reqs lab always tells me i cant run anything bigger than Mario because of my shared vc but i got along just fine with a tower pc (on 2.9gz albeit).

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I'm looking to use a VPN on Windows 10 plus my iPhone 5S, anyone know of any good ones?

I was looking at a few but no idea if there any good, anyone know if they are good?
IPVanish.com | The Best VPN Service Provider with Fast, Secure VPN AccessVyprVPN | VyprVPN - Secure Personal VPN | Golden FrogExpressVPN | ExpressVPN - A Fast and Secure VPN

Do you guys have another recommendation?

PS - Any idea if Avast Premier there SecureLine VPN is any good?

A:VPN Recommend?

What exactly are you using your VPN with? You mean between your iPhone and your Windows 10 computer? If so, no need for a VPN, just use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app in the AppStore.

If you mean a VPN to your work network, then your work should have a VPN server and client already.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/6238-vpn-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Here In Thailand its common to find that the Government has blocked a web site, can some one please recommend an Anonymous proxy servers ( free if possible )

Thanks............... Mypenry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49295/can-you-recommend-please/
Relevancy 33.97%

My surfing the web habits are usually facebook, youtube, emails, and online games. What do you recommend I download to block pop up ads and spyware? Below is a site that I heard was popular as there is no unexpected extras added on when you download. Thanks, cordeiro
https://ninite.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-recommend.1168313/
Relevancy 33.97%

Some reliable good RAM, preferably 2 x 4GB ram under $100, which I would use for somewhat intensive gaming.

A:Can anyone recommend RAM?

What's your CPU? This will determine if you need fast RAM or not, but in any case you should be able to get 8GB for well under $100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-recommend-ram.183440/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm using a $10 Wal-Mart "surge protector" for my brand new PC. Since I live in stormy Florida, and since I have power fluctuations and outages every now and then, I want a UPS to protect my computer. I'd rather get one that actually protects, rather than buying one just to say I own one. Then again, I don't think I need a very high end one. I'd rather not buy online, but I will if brick-and-mortar retail stores have terrible products.

If it matters, my system:

Gateway 840GM
Pentium D 830 Dual Core 3.0GHz
1024MB DDR2 RAM PC4200
ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB PCI-e
Creative SB Audigy 2 Value
250MB S-ATA HDD
DVD+/-RW, CD-RW
DVD-ROM

Relevancy 33.97%

PC Diagnostic software? Something that looks for potential problems and can fix them but still giving the user control over what gets repaired?

I have used Norton WinDoctor for years but recently it repaired a registry entry and caused big time problems. I had to use System Restore to back up to the previous backup. Ever since I have been reluctant to let it clean much up with out eyeballing the change first. I have also used Norton CleanSweep for a long time but it will not always remove software that it says it does.

I recently tried PC BugDoctor. It finds a lot more errors than WinDoctor does but their licensing fee is quite high, so I've never bought it. And it does not say what it's going to repair so I have never had it try.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Can anyone recommend...

Sure, this looks pretty good: http://download.com.com/3000-2086-10238932.html?tag=lst-0-13

I also recommend Registry Mechanic: http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10238575.html

This looks like it may be good also: http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10281126.html?tag=lst-0-11

You can search www.download.com for excellent utilities and software.

Hope you find what you need!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-recommend.219639/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I'm looking to use a VPN on Windows 10 plus my iPhone 5S, anyone know of any good ones?

I was looking at a few but no idea if there any good, anyone know if they are good?
IPVanish.com | The Best VPN Service Provider with Fast, Secure VPN AccessVyprVPN | VyprVPN - Secure Personal VPN | Golden FrogExpressVPN | ExpressVPN - A Fast and Secure VPN

Do you guys have another recommendation?

PS - Any idea if Avast Premier there SecureLine VPN is any good?

A:VPN Recommend?

What exactly are you using your VPN with? You mean between your iPhone and your Windows 10 computer? If so, no need for a VPN, just use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app in the AppStore.

If you mean a VPN to your work network, then your work should have a VPN server and client already.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/6238-vpn-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo ThinkStation S20 with an Intel Xeon Six Core X5650 and support Gen 2 SATA drives. I want to upgrade to a SSD drive, but don't know which one to buy. Which one do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 33.97%

Computer: Sony Vaio Windows XP

Hi,
I am a student and I need to have a software that lets me type essays, use MLA format and type out and print all kinds of documents for school. The software also has to have the capability to save my work on a floppy disk(diskette). My teachers recommend Corel WordPerfect 7.0 and Microsoft Word, but I'm not sure about which software would be better for my needs. If anybody has used these softwares, which one do you recommend or is there any other type of software that would work? Lastly, what are simple steps to saving typed documents onto floppy disks?
Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi , ive got some MPEG Audio Layer-3 audio music files on my computer
and ive tried to burn them to a Cd and play them on my
Car audio player ( it should play CD, DVD, Mp3 , VCD )
but the cd ive burnt won't play on my car unit, so I want to try
and convert the mp3 to conventional Audio CD's and then
burn it to CD's and try that , so can any one please
recommend a free ware program that is easy to use
and would do the converting..?
Thanks Mypenry

A:Can You Recommend Please....

You need to convert them to .wav files.A free program that will convert, and also allow you to edit music files, is AudacityCDex is a free CD ripper, and will convert, back and forth, between .mp3, and .wavWith Audacity, you'll need to make copies of your files, before converting, unless you don't mind the originals being converted.CDex will batch convert, leave the originals intact, and would probably be the easiest to set up, and use...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100003/can-you-recommend-please/
Relevancy 33.97%

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/samsung-ativ-13-3-in-quad-core-128gb-book-9-lite-notebook/6558556

($499)

OR

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...413400?tduid=805d8e640b045182dc0ca6d77bc2769e

($529)

I am looking for a decent computer around the $500 mark. I will be traveling a lot so the 13.3" is ideal but I'd like to be getting the most bang for my buck.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi forum,

I'm trying to convert my jpg to doc.  Any free OCR would you recommend ?

Thanks!

A:OCR recommend ?

Below is a link to download Aostsoft OCR Converter and its specs page. The download is a free to try, 3-file conversion trial. Have used it and it works. It's a good short term solution. It's always a good practice to be cautious when downloading from any website, but CNET is traditionally a reputable company/website.

Download:
http://download.cnet.com/Aostsoft-JPEG-JPG-to-DOC-OCR-Converter/3000-12511_4-75680564.html

Specs page:
http://download.cnet.com/Aostsoft-JPEG-JPG-to-DOC-OCR-Converter/3010-12511_4-75680564.html?tag=contentBody;sideBar

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497762/ocr-recommend/
Relevancy 33.97%

I want to swap out my -year-old Gateway for a new box and I wonder if any of you out there have suggestions I am doing my due diligence on the Web PC...? a new Recommend and it is making me cross-eyed WHAT I DON quot T NEED Peripherals I do not need a monitor and I have more keyboards than I can count No printers etc Hard disk space is nice but I have USB WD external drives so that is not crucial I use open source office stuff so I do not require big bundles that jack up the price WHAT I DO NEED bit processor and Windows Pro x to go with it G memory or expandable thereto Decent sound and graphics card but I am not a gamer so don t need to break the bank for anything I can upgrade later Tower or Recommend a new PC...? mini-tower so I can do this upgrading if and when At least a x DVD CD RW SATA not PATA etc Obviously USB ports are nicer than but you can daisy-chain those WHAT I WOULD LIKE As much power and speed as will buy given the above I am leaning toward a Dell OptiPlex bare-boner Anyone have one or a close relative Anyone out there have a system similar to what I describe above and love hate it Bottom line I need to move into the -bit Windows Pro age and expect to see a noticeable improvement over my G RAM -bit XP Pro Gateway which is definitely starting to go gray Thanks bh nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Please can anyone recommend CD DVD burning software Here s specifically what I am looking for and why I have Nero and really do not like it It is too big created dozens of registry App? Can Anyone Recommend an entries and just seems to sprawl all over the place Since I installed it my system has seemed markedly slower It is a resource hog like MacAfee Norton AOL you get the picture I don t want another bully on the block I don t really Can Anyone Recommend an App? need the app to have a DVD player like Nero Showtime I use VLC for everything and love it I don t need a wave editor either Not critical but I would like the burner to be able to verify after it burns Nero can do this and I really like that feature as a burn could be done quot successfully quot but with errors The verify is helpful because I often give DVD s and Can Anyone Recommend an App? CD s to other people I do not want to be giving them disks that contain errors and can t Can Anyone Recommend an App? be read I tried Roxio before and it too was more than I needed So---any suggestions for a smallish efficient CD DVD burning app that can verify after burn nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Could anyone recommend a USB hub?

A:Recommend a USB hub?

well theyre all pretty similar in terms of how they perform........

i can tell you which one NOT to buy, i bought one of these in need of a good few USB connections..

7 Port USB 2.0 480Mps Hi-Speed HUB Laptop Notebook NEW on eBay (end time 27-Nov-09 20:29:35 GMT)

it states ''USB 2.0'' all over it, but it does not come with an additional power adapter...this means whenever you plug in more than 2 devices, the USB block defaults all connections to ''USB 1.0''
so, if your buying a 4 port hub you should be ok, if buying a hub with more connections make sure it comes with an adaptor..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42262-recommend-usb-hub.html
Relevancy 33.97%

easy to use, versatile slideshow/video software.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there please? anyone a for Can recommend PSU me, guys Not sure what size PSU to get I recently shelled a lot of dough for PC parts I m building my first PC and want to make sure I can give it enough power with a little overhead I may wish to overclock the processor in the future so that needs to be taken into account From what I understand I should get either a US or Taiwan made PSU and that constant voltage and amperage are most important I d also go for one that s Gold Plus certified if needs be Here are the parts Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R mobo Intel i CPU Will want to overclock later in the CPU s Can anyone recommend a PSU for me, please? life ATI HD GPU GB x GB Corsair XMS DDR PC - Mhz AKASA Nero S Premier Cooler Corsair H - Hydro Watercooler Will probably use this with OC d processor Scythe Setsugen GPU Cooler Samsung F TB HDD I also already have an old Samsung SyncMaster T LCD monitor a Creative i-Trigue Sound System HP Photosmart HP Keyboard and Wireless Mouse And I will probably change the keyboard and mouse for something more fanciful later on I will be using Windows bit Home Premium Your Can anyone recommend a PSU for me, please? help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Can anyone recommend a PSU for me, please?

What's your price range?

I'd suggest:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-recommend-a-psu-for-me-please.146651/
Relevancy 33.97%

Can anyone recommend a CD-RW application, that can copy data (unlike Adaptec 4.0 or 4.3 can't copy any software)

A:CD-R & RW App's (recommend)

Try CDclone, its free in a limited version

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-r-rw-apps-recommend.38855/
Relevancy 33.97%

Windows 7 32bit
4GB RAM
Quad Core 2.66 GHz
GTX 560Ti
Bluray and DVD drives (2)
TV Tuner

thanx in advance

A:What UPS would you recommend for my PC?

I would look for one that would run your system for about 10 minutes to give you time to close out any files that you have open and gracefully shut down in case of a power outage. Just don't put your laserjet printer on the same line. Your monitor and computer should be all that is necessary.
APC Smart-UPS 1500VA LCD 120V should be more than sufficient. Many are cheaper but you gets what you pay for. Some of the cheaper ones are nothing but a surge supressor.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230757-what-ups-would-you-recommend-my-pc.html
Relevancy 33.97%

which anti-virus, firewall would you install on to your computer for the best protection?!

thank you for your help

Relevancy 33.97%

I need a Spyware/ad-ware program. I am currently using AVG free edition and windows defender, but I feel like I'm not protected. So any suggestions?

A:What Do You Recommend?

There are many options available, and best practices suggest that you use at least two. AVG, for example, has a free anti-spyware application, and many Members use SuperAntiSpyware. See the appropriate section in the BC list below for other popular alternatives:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.htmlRegards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117521/what-do-you-recommend/
Relevancy 33.97%

After using bundled nero package with moderate success I uninstalled all of it when my computer became very sluggish.After doing this my computer came back up to par.
All I want is a straight forward music library that I can download from with out all the documentation and that is compatible to the lightning lll.I've heard of musicmatch,jukebox 8.0, etc.I am new to all of this and just want "one program" that I can use without all of the incompatibility issues that arise. I tried some programs while nero was installed and had these problems.I just want a good music archive program that I can use even if I have to pay for. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanx
Dave

A:Recommend please

Nero isn't an archiving program, it's just a burner application. I have no idea what a lightning III is or what it pertains to in this situation. MusicMatch is used for cateloging and playing your MP3 music library and does a pretty good job of it. There are other applications like WinAmp and many..many others. As far as downloading, are you referring to the file sharing services like Kazaa and the now defunct Napster?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-please.86355/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys, i got a tall order for you guys.

i was wondering if it would be advisable to have 2 AV's, 2 Anti Spyware/Malware, and 2 Fire walls? Recently i had a glitch in the system, some Backdoor virus is trying to get in.
Bitdefender is blocking it left and right so im safe. Am i over reacting? or should i amp up my security? So i considered running 2 of each.

heres what i considered

Main AV: Bitdefender 2nd AV: Either MSE, Avast or Avira

Main Anti spyware/malware: MalwareBytes 2nd Anti: Superantispyware or any other

Main Firewall: windows7 firewall control 2nd wall: pctools firewall or anyother

what do you guys think? i mostly use my puter for school, games, and im constantly downloading new software.

Check out my specs and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Do You Recommend it?

While running 2 AV's is possible, it's definitely not advisable. There's nothing at all wrong with running a virus scan with more than one anti-virus program. Because it's just a scan - it starts, it scans, and then it's done. Real time monitoring, which is installed with most anti-virus programs is constantly running and scanning files downloaded to your machine. Running two or more real time anti-virus monitors at the same time is very likely to cause a conflict which could result in any number of error messages or failures. The most advisable thing to do would to be to find a good, reliable anti-virus program that you trust, and make sure it's always updated with the latest definitions.

Same for anti-spyware programs, as long as there isn't two real time monitoring engines trying to do the same thing at once, you should be fine.

The same goes for firewalls, however, I just wouldn't recommend running two software based firewalls at the same time because, as with AV programs, they monitor in real time, and two programs trying to do the same thing at once can and usually will cause problems. However, if you have a hardware based firewall, such as one built into a router, there would be no problem running a software and a hardware based firewall.

As for your case, if you believe BitDefender is doing it's job, I would leave it as your anti-virus, and use MalwareBytes and run a periodic scan to check for spyware, and either use the default Windows Firewall, or another 3rd party firewall and all should be fine. But remember, the best security is purely common sense while browsing

Sorry for the long winded reply, too much time on my hands lol. Hope I helped

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/78411-do-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I've been searching for a good replacer of Windows Defender as it Win version have some features cut and for the moment I returned to an old known friend Avast However it's quite heavy AV me? to you What would recommend and it comes with a lot of quot features quot I really don't care about So I'm looking for an AV with the following characteristics Real Time Protection Extremely configurable and customizable Without a mind What AV would you recommend to me? of it's own I want the AV to ask me before taking action and always give me possibility of allow on a quot suspicious quot file I don't care about Firewalls or Sandbox or Safe Browsing Those are shenanigans for people that do important stuff in their PCs I've been looking at some Chinese products like Baidu and don't even mention if they stole stuff from Malwarebytes I don't care I kinda want something new and not those old competitors like AVG Avira but if they have improved please say it Share your experience with them Hope you can help me I accept all kind of AV free suites open-source EDIT Thanks for moving the thread Didn't realize there was a whole sub-forum dedicated to it

A:What AV would you recommend to me?

What features are "cut" in the Windows 10 version of Window Defender?

What previous version are you comparing it to?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/21519-what-av-would-you-recommend-me.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I saw one of the pinned topics that contained a list of good antivirus programs. But I was wondering what the Admins over the Malware Removal Training Program recommend? You guys work with removing malware everyday what antivirus program have you found that works the best?

A:What do you recommend?

There are five good Malware removing tools:
1. Spybot Search & Destroy
2. SUPERAntiSpyware
3. ComboFix
4. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. HijackThis

For more information on these tools here's a link:
http://lifehacker.com/5227896/five-best-malware-removal-tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404832/what-do-you-recommend/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm looking to buy a new PC for web/graphic design and sound production, can anyone recommend a good PC?
Thanks Anyone!

Relevancy 33.97%

I have 3 PCI Slots (One of which doesn't work for unknown reasons, 2 are being used - one by my wireless network and the other by my current graphics device, the fx 5200). I also have a AGP 4x/8x Slot... An older version. Newer AGP type devices I don't think will fit due to reversed plugs on the cards than I have in my motherboard. So please, no AGP recommendations.

But, I would like to hear of a nice, cheap video card that's in the range of GF 7 and GF 9. Thank you.

You can also email me your suggestions: [email protected]

A:What would you recommend?

You may have missed the Sticky in this forum (right below "New Topic") When you posted
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-recommend.137815/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ive just been given a netbook with a 10 inch screen, and I was wondering if any one can recommend an application
for windows XP, that would allow me to make the whole screen zoom in and out , as some times its difficult to see the
small fonts Etc .

many Thanks

A:Can you Recommend please

Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the + key to make the screen larger and the - to make it smaller
Will that work for you?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183981/can-you-recommend-please/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am planning a new build (already bought mobo, cpu, ram, and dvd drive), and I am looking for a nice PSU. I havent decided on a graphics card yet, but its likely that i will get either an 8800gt or an 9800gtx (they ususally want ~300-450W)

Anyways, most PSU's I have seen have around 8 molex cables. I dont need 8 molex cables, I dont even really need one (maybe certain case fans btw). My Hard Drive will be SATA, my DVD drive is SATA, so I dont want to waste space and drown in cables with extra molex's. I am looking for something at 600W (nice and safe, all hardware should be fine with this), and not to many molex connectors.

Suggestions? (Not buying from Newegg, since I dont live in the US)

Relevancy 33.97%

Can somebody recommend me a good video card? My price range is anything lower than 130 140 around there. Thanks guys:grinthumb

A:Recommend........

I lke GForce4 MX-440 8x @ 100 usd or so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend.10971/
Relevancy 33.97%

Please, can someone recommend a good website about digital photography where I can find guides and tips about how to take the best shot and stuff like that.

A:Please, can someone recommend...

You could have a look at these !!....Might be of use !!

http://www.webphotoschool.com/ir/

http://www.digitalphotography.tv/

http://www.skylightweb.com/imagine/tips.html

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/38&pq-locale=en_US

http://www.dcviews.com/

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/Photography_techniques/

http://www.shortcourses.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-can-someone-recommend.187119/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, i'm looking to buy a new CPU but not sure which one would be best for my computer I currently have an AMD Anthlon(tm) XP 1800+ 1533 MHz. I use my computer for graphic and web design work mainly, so I use adobe packages quite alot, I also like to create music using programs such as cubase.

My mainboard is a SOLTEK 75FRV and OS is Windows XP service pack 3.

I hope that info helps, i'm pretty clueless on what would be the best CPU for my needs!

Thanks anyone!

A:Can someone recommend a CPU

From the MB and CPU specs, I would assume the PC is at least 5 years old?

It is possible to upgrade the CPU a bit, but finding Athlon XP CPUs is getting fairly difficult and expensive. Also, upgrading any other part in such an old system would be a waste of money since you won't be able to reuse it in a future system later on.

Your money would be better used if you saved a bit for a completely new PC with up to date parts. There are plenty of fairly decent PCs on the market these days for under $500 which would perform many times better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-recommend-a-cpu.754555/
Relevancy 33.97%

I was wondering what you would recommend as being the best Driver Cleaner for Vista 64 Bit.

I used to have one but since formatting I lost it and can't remember what it was

Jekyll and Hyde

A:What do you recommend?

Hello Chris,

Other than Disk Cleanup in Vista, the free Wise Disk Cleaner and CCleaner are great programs.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/190300-what-do-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I want to install an AV soon to pair with my current Malwaresbytes installation. I don't want to mess with the configuration too much, just want a install-and-forget installation type. My PC have decent performance.

What AV you recommend me to pair with MalwaresBytes that is noob-friendly?

Bonus: I have read that Bitdefender have an auto-pilot. Is Bitdefender 2017 decent and compatible with Malwarebytes?

Thank you

A:Recommend me an AV

Noob friendly? I would say Avira

https://malwaretips.com/threads/recommend-me-an-av.64199/
Relevancy 33.97%

... a nice EASY to use and understand program (preferably free) that makes Fractals? I just wanna push buttons not learn hundreds of complicated equasions

A:Can someone recommend me

http://www.eclectasy.com/Fractal-Explorer/index.html and http://sourceforge.net/projects/fractalforge both freeware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-recommend-me.217347/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey kids my old computers PSU has failed I confirmed this by testing the old PSU with my current new computer and it failed to turn on However one thing I noticed was that the motherboard s LED would light up on both computers keyboard lights work etc however both computers refuse to turn on Anyway I require a new PSU for the following setup I would like at least an extra W on top of the required wattage to cover for any future upgrades PSU a Recommend new ? CPU Intel Core Duo e GPU nVidia GT Gigabyte mb RAM GB Kingston DDR HDD Seagate Barracuda gb IDE possible upgrade to SATA hdd in future MoBo Gigabyte P -DS L standard DVD CD drive case fans with LED I was thinking around - W setup however there are so many brands and models with such a massive price range offering the same wattages that I had to ask to be sure I d like a good PSU that does the job with the extra wattage and won t blow up in less than a day due to cheap components manufacturing Aerocool V XT- - W AU Thermaltake LitePower W - AU Coolermaster Extreme Power W - AU Coolermaster GX Power W - AU I was thinking the one for AU although if there are cheaper alternatives I m happy to consider Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

As per title, I've been using ASUS motherboards for last 11 years and I must say they are worth every penny. First one was P4P800-Deluxe which lasted from 2001 to 2007 and second one is P5E3 which I'm using since 2007 till now.

I guess its time to jump on bandwagon and upgrade my system. I'm again very much leaning towards getting ASUS again, i.e. P8P67

I was wondering if I should try some other brands like Gigabyte or MSI. I know ASrock is sister company of ASUS so its like getting same motherboard for less money. What will you my fellow PC geeks will advise to go for?

I almost forgot to mention, I'll be getting Core i7 2600k very soon so motherboard has to be 1155 socket.

A:Recommend me new MB

All you can expect to hear is someone's personal experience with a brand, such as you just stated yourself for Asus. "I've owned leventy-leven brand X motherboards and never had a problem".

You can then go immediately to Google and find all kinds of horror stories about that particular brand.

Anecdotes are just that and mean little since the horror stories encompass all brands and you will play hell finding any authoritative evidence--just as it is for hard drives.

I've owned Intel, Dell, Gigabyte, and several Asus motherboards. The only one that ever failed was an Asus.

Signifying nothing. It's just another anecdote.

Look for the features you need and buy from a dealer you trust.

Make some wild-ass guesses and questionable assumptions about supposed build quality and quality control.

Hope it doesn't break.

Hope even harder that you never need to deal with customer support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202210-recommend-me-new-mb.html
Relevancy 33.97%

If this is in the wrong forum blame the welcome wagon In the red corner Features for this HEWLETT PACKARD M UK - Intel Core Duo Processor E - x GHz GHz FSB MB Cache - Microsoft Windows XP Media Center - GB DDR RAM - GB Hard Disk Drive - Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive - MB ATI Radeon X SE Graphics - Built-in TV Tuner Remote Control - Which PC's you these of recommend? would g Wireless Network Ready - -in- Media Card Reader And in the blue corner Features for this HEWLETT PACKARD Intel Core Duo Processor E GHz MHz FSB MB Cache Genuine Windows Vista R Home Premium GB DDR RAM GB Hard Drive DVD Rewriter Drive MB nVidia GeForce LE Graphics Built-in TV Tuner Remote Control Wireless Keyboard Mouse -in- Media Card Reader What sells me on the first one is that it Which of these PC's would you recommend? s XP I m very comfortable with XP it s served me well and I m not too keen on switching to Vista not least because of any potential compatibility issues with the games and software I have The second one however does have the lure of a slightly faster Which of these PC's would you recommend? machine and nVidia which I feel comfortable with because it s a familiar name and I know I m getting something good with it Something that has me curious is the x GHz GHz FSB MB Cache with the first PC and the GHz MHz FSB MB Cache with the second one Is there something significant with one having processors over the singular processor of the other I likely won t be playing any high-end or intensive games but I d still like know that the computer I m getting can still play them well if the need arises If I was forced to choose right now I would go for the former one because I d rather go with XP even though the graphics card is from a company I m not that familiar with and I tend to veer towards the bigger name because I feel more confident in their product All things being equal what would you choose and why Reassure me the former is the one for me or convince me that I should take the Vista plunge and go for the latter I m on the fence right now and would appreciate feedback that would guide me either way nbsp

A:Which of these PC's would you recommend?

Both processors are dual core so they are about even, but I do like the E6600 better than the E6400 simply because it's faster and has twice the L2 cache. The geForce 7500LE just plain sucks as a 3D accerator while the X1600 is about three times as powerful but still isn't anything to brag about. I'd buy the E6600 and then plan to purchase a new video card and operating system. How much are you planning on spending on this computer because it's very possible to cobble together for you a computer that would meet or beat a combination of the best parts of the 7635 and the 7755 for usually just a little more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-pcs-would-you-recommend.86370/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there Thank you in advance for all time and effort you!) (Thank recommend? would What you - I really appreciate it I just reinstalled windows on my What would you recommend? (Thank you!) desktop and am having a myriad of issues with getting particular drivers working and it freezes every few minutes Especially if I m trying to play a video I ve given up on it and I d like to explore a laptop option but I have no idea what I want need I wouldn t use it for any games I would do minimal typing It s main function would be to watch Netflix on it or watch video files on it It would be great to be able to check email and do a few other simple functions But the top priority would be watching video And I REALLY want to be able to connect to my HDTV via HDMI I ve tried looking for a couple of weeks now for laptops but I honestly have no idea what processor I need to have or the amount of memory I recognize that more is pretty much always better but I d like to keep costs as low as possible and just be able to do what I m looking to do on it One other very important thing for me is no Windows Windows is fine - just not Windows Can anyone recommend a laptop or specs or guide me somewhere I would really really appreciate it Thank you again in advance - your time is really appreciated JD nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

free fax software for win7, i have winfax 10.0, but it is not compatible with win7

A:pls recommend

Hi,

Have you looked at using Windows Fax and Scan? Just type fax into the start menu. It'll do everything you need to.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124268-pls-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.97%

First of all, hi guys.
I am asking a simple question i'm gonna change my CPU (AMD Athlon X2 5000+), because it's almost dead and i need some suggestions.My motherboard is Albatron KM61S-AM2, and i need CPU for AM2 slot.Some friends recommended me "AMD Phenom II X4 940" - is it good ?
Actually i don't have a lot of money so to be in the likes of max 100 $.
I was pretty happy with my CPU(Athlon 5000+) for gaming so i need something in that region.But also i have one more question if i buy "AMD Phenom II X4 940", will i be in need to change Motherboard, RAM, or GPU(Nvidia GeForce 9800GT), in other words is there gonna be a bottleneck effect ?
Thanks in advance.
PS:Sorry if my English is bad, it's not my native one

A:What CPU will u recommend ?

What do you mean your CPU is almost dead? CPU's don't fail fairly often and there's usually no "almost dead" state for them.

Albatron tech support is pathetic at best, but you need to check with them which processors are supported and i you need a BIOS update to run those processors. Normally this is posted clearly on the manufacturer's website but these guys don't seem to work in the same manner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-cpu-will-u-recommend.1008302/
Relevancy 33.97%

Currently have an HP A1730N and want to upgrade my video card to an XFX 7900GS. Current power supply is 300watts and I need bare minimum 350, so I figure a 500watt supply.

I have an onboard PCI-E slot, pci slots, 2 SATA board connectors. I am running 1 SATA HD, a USB DVDRW, and have 3 sticks of 1gb DDR2 RAM. Have about 6 USB devices going. Everything else is onboard, including sound and my current video card which will obviously be disabled. CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+

Need something that will fit fine and give me the right connections. Looking to spend less than $60. Thanks.

A:Recommend me a PSU

This one might work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052

Don't expect top end for $60 though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-psu.118744/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi i have at mo 400 watt psu and a 4 gig amd quad core processor and a nvidia gtx 520 graphics card with at the mo 2 gig of ram but am waiting on my new 8 gig ram to come though the post and i also have a dual layer dvd writer and a 1tb hard drive it works fine with the 400 watt psu bt as soon as i download utorrent and start to download the files fail and then my computer runs really sluggish and then sometimes will fail to boot up but this only happens mainly after i have installed utorrent any ideas what could be the matter and how i can solve it thank you very much

A:What PSU would you recommend?

I don't think this is a PSU issue, you don't have many components and the GT 520 is a low power card (Nvidia's website recommends a 300W power supply).

Sounds like you probably downloaded a virus or something... you can try cleaning up your computer or reformatting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-psu-would-you-recommend.177971/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm looking for a 52x24x52 CDRW .What Brand would have the best benefits.I'm kinda leaning towards Sony at the moment any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 33.54%

I don't really burn disks once in a blue moon

It will be used just for gaming/installing game's as my liteon after 2 years has failed which i cant say is bad

Please help me in my quest to find a new DVD drive

A:Can anyone recommend a DVD Drive

Any of the major brand names can be found from $14 to $24 USD.

LG, HP, Samsung, Liteon, etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340200-can-anyone-recommend-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Note - system Performance isn't a issue for me, i just want recommendations for the most powerful anti-virus.

A:Recommend me a antivirus

Of the four AV's you've mentioned, I use Norton. It is light and has very decent detection. I use it for about 4 years and I am very happy with it. Comodo is very good if you configure it the right way and on top of that it's free. I've never used Kaspersky but it has very strong detection according to various tests. Bitdefender is know for it's false positives, but again an excellent choice with lots of extra's.
They are all winners, but according to my experience, I like Norton the most

https://malwaretips.com/threads/recommend-me-a-antivirus.54220/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there,

My desktop of 6 years old has finally died and I think it's time to get a new base unit...I am on a limited budget and have a choice of the following processors.

I'll be using the pc mainly for listening to music, surfing and watching films. I will be doing a bit of gaming but nothing to high end, probably a few football manager games and FIFA.

Which would you guys recommend from those below and what are the pros and cons of each.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 (2x 3.06GHz) 1066, 2mb

AMD Phenom II X2 550 (2x 3.1GHz) 4000MT, 7mb

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (4x 2.8GHz) 4000MT, 2mb

Thanks in advance for any help

A:Which of these processors would you recommend

Quote: Originally Posted by kersey

Hi there,

My desktop of 6 years old has finally died and I think it's time to get a new base unit...I am on a limited budget and have a choice of the following processors.

I'll be using the pc mainly for listening to music, surfing and watching films. I will be doing a bit of gaming but nothing to high end, probably a few football manager games and FIFA.

Which would you guys recommend from those below and what are the pros and cons of each.

Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 (2x 3.06GHz) 1066, 2mb

AMD Phenom II X2 550 (2x 3.1GHz) 4000MT, 7mb

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (4x 2.8GHz) 4000MT, 2mb

Thanks in advance for any help

Personally I don't recommend Pentium Processors because they are old technology now (they may still be quite good, I just don't recommend them). I would recommend in your situation an Intel I3 or I5 if that's possible.

I am not a fan of AMD processors but both of those seam to be adequate fo what you want to do.

As a rule of thumb, the more cores, GHz and the larger the cache size the better the processor.

Out of those three I would go for the AMD Quad core.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/106115-these-processors-would-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Can someone recommend a portable mp3 player that works well with Windows XP? I'd prefer something that can simply drag and drop from the Explorer rather than having to load some arcane software (especially *not* something horrible like MusicMatch Jukebox). Thanks

A:Recommend an mp3 player?

I'd say the Creative Nomad II 6GB... it is *GASP* 6GB, and works as a USB Hard drive as well... drag n' drop, holds a bleepin lot of music... a bit expensive though. I'm not sure if the regular Nomad has drag n' drop, but it is cheaper.Both are XP compatible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-an-mp3-player.74144/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have Satellite Pro M70 and I have a 60GB HDD that I see that it?s SATA 8MB buffer. The processor it?s 1.73GHz. I see that there is the typical Samsung 160GB and the Western Digital Blue Scorpio 160GB at same price, which its better?

And for only 11$ more there is a 320GB western digital blue scorpion with the same 8MB buffer that others 2. But I don?t think if 320 its a lot for Satellite Pro M70, and I have a external 2.5" disk that have 250GB, data its not problem.

What its better solution for this laptop? I don?t want to burn now the laptop LOL.

Thanks

A:Satellite Pro M70 - Which HDD can you recommend?

Hi

If your notebook is already equipped with SATA interface you can use every HDD with SATA1 or SATA2 port because on new SATA interface there are no capacity limits as on old IDE standard.

It?s your choice what HDD you are buy because I don?t know your requirements but in my opinion it makes no difference from which manufacture you buy the HDD. All HDDs are similar and there is no significant (performance) difference.
I did make good experience with Western Digital and Hitachi HDDs.

By the way: You can buy an HDD with 5400.rpm or 7200rpm. Latter is faster but needs more power. In my opinion this is only useful if you often work with large files.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?48483-Satellite-Pro-M70-Which-HDD-can-you-recommend
Relevancy 33.54%

I have some audiobooks in .mp3 format and I would like to join them up into one single .mp3 file. I usually listen to them on an ipod and while itunes allows you to group them by book in their desktop software, they are still jumbled together by filename on the ipod. Can anyone recommend a free, or relatively cheap, but good .mp3 joiner?

A:Recommend an .mp3 joiner

A good free tool, probably the best, is MP3DirectCut, which can both cut and join MP3?s without re-encoding, and thus preserves original quality.

http://mpesch3.de1.cc/mp3dc.html

Instructions on how to use it for joining files:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/04/25/how-to-join-combine-multiple-mp3-files-in-windows/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-an-mp3-joiner.123745/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,
Please recommend a simple IDE for Mac OS X. I'm just learning C myself. And so far, I just type something into a text editor and then type "gcc program-name" in the terminal window and then type "./a.out"

It is quite cumbersome. I was wondering if there is an easier way, where you would type the code, then it could debug, compile, and execute by pressing a button. Switching back and forth between the text editor and the terminal window is a pain.

There are lots of options in Windows (and Linux). For Mac, there is only Apple's XCode which is way complicated than I need it to be.

A:Recommend an simple IDE (for C) in Mac OS X

I've never use Apple, but here's a link to a "free" ide http://netbeans.org/features/cpp/index.html that runs under OS X. Dunno how complicated it is to setup. HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-an-simple-ide-for-c-in-mac-os-x.969102/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I'm looking for a recommendation of a good DVD burner. I have an HP 5100 series laptop with only a DVD/CD-RW Drive. I want to be able to create DVD Slideshows, though. I can buy a portable or external DVD burner, right? I was just looking on ebay, and I'm overwhelmed because I don't know which is best.

So, can anyone give me a good recommendation? TIA!

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello Guys I have a quot Dell S W monitor which I had purchased over years ago I am looking for a new monitor now That Recommend a monitor monitor was ok nothing great Infact I was running a batman movie in my new Vaio laptop yesterday and my desktop The difference in quality was easily visible The white and good colours reflected in my laptop LCD screen was diff that what monitor showed It s Recommend a monitor white was not white and quailty of output was so so My main purposes - movies tv shows - software development work - gaming but not often - Max Budget - Size quot or quot I have a vaio laptop x and at times when I am at home I would want to connect my laptop to the monitor so that I can use it to work on my office documents etc And other times my monitor would anyways be connected to my PC An HDMI port would be great but its not that important The brands I would consider is DELL Samsung LG amp Viewsonic I am keen on dell ultrasharp monitor For e g DellTM UltraSharp U HM is costing while quot is costing What should I do for I want a very good display I live outside US so sites like newegg etc won t be helpful in terms of price I will appreciate your help Thanks Cheers Jack nbsp

A:Recommend a monitor

Dell or Samsung would be my choice. The Dell prices are not bad but I can buy a 32 inch LCD 720p/1080p TV for that price.
My 32 inch Sony Bravia 720p was only $320 and HDMI hookup makes it a great laptop companion for movies or whatever.
Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-a-monitor.1063508/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all, i need to help with choose my MOBO, cause i have GA-X58A-UD3R and have problem with memory maping.
http://www.sevenforums.com/overclock...59-my-ram.html

I try all solution and nothing help.Sometimes it boot with all 5Gb, but usualy only 2Gb or 3GB usable
Memory are all right i try them all in 1st white slot with memtest-all passed without error.

So i wanna chose from this boards:
ASUS P6T SE | Alza.cz
ASROCK X58 EXTREME | Alza.cz

And my memory are Zeppelin Gold Evolve 6GB (3x2G kit) DDR3 1600MHz

A:What board you recommend ?

Be sure to get one that will let you roll back the BIOS........Some won't.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/106267-what-board-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I would like it to be:

A Wireless printer
Able to print fast
Quality standard, will not being printing anything that needs to be VERY high quality i.e. photos so quality isn't too important
Cheap ink cartridges for the printer that doesn't try up quick if unused for several months
Need to print both b&w and colour
Compatible with Windows 7 onwards

Budget:
?100 max

What do you recommend?

Live in the UK btw

A:What printer do you recommend?

kodak are good and cheap ink carts too,

argos sell them at a reasonable price...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse...ds|Kodak|1.htm

the Hero 7.1 has ?40 off atm.

if you buy ink from staples they knock a pound of a new one if you return the old one, it was ?2 for a while so worth checking

http://www.staples.co.uk/ink-toner/t...cartridge-pack

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279773-what-printer-do-you-recommend.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Just starting to get into gaming, and have a new PC setup, with a 6-core AMD cpu and 32gb RAM, but with an ATI 3000 series card, so I know it's not the best video card out there (can't afford the good ones yet).

Would like to know what games you recommend that will work with this video card (low end). I have Assassin's Creed 3, but the video is choppy, and even some older games like Broken Sword 4 have video problems as well. Skyrim seems to be OK if I set the resolution down to medium or low.

A:Recommend games?

It would help if we knew the exact number of the card, not just "3000 series", but really, any game made in 2006 or earlier should run on it, many games at max. Battlefield 2, Battlefront 2, Company of Heroes, Command and Conquer: Generals (and it's expansion, Zero Hour). The Call of Duty franchise has undergone essentially no graphical improvement over the past five years, and as such has very low graphical requirements. Although they won't run on max detail, your graphics card should be able to handle all Call of Duty titles. If you turn it down to minimum graphics, you should be able to play the Mass Effect franchise and the Dragon Age franchise, as well as more recent Command and Conquer games like Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3. If Skyrim works, then rest of the Elder Scrolls series is obviously open. The vast majority of indie games, many of which you can find on Steam, have very small graphical requirements. Any MOBA game will work, most if not any MMORPG will work. Despite having an outdated graphics card, you still have a large variety of options open to you so long as you're prepared to turn down the graphics settings. Games I certainly would not try without upgrading your graphics card include Battlefield 3 and Crysis (amongst other resource-intensive games).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-games.1083316/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a mouse at the moment to use with an Asus G750JW laptop which will be stationary on a desk 95% of the time. I don't do much gaming just Football Manager and Total War. Other than this its used for browsing and social networking etc.

I had the Logitech M510 or M705 in mind however I'm open to change. Do any of you guys have a recommendation of either of these 2 or any others?

Thanks,
H

A:Recommend Mouse

hmoodie,
I would look at this mouse or any logitech mouse with Hyper Scrolling !

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX 910-002896 Black Mouse - Newegg.com

Of the two you listed the 705 without a doubt !

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305936-recommend-mouse.html
Relevancy 33.54%

can anyone suggest a good UPS unit?

for the following rig:

Intel Core i7 860
GTX 275
4Gb DDR3 ram
750W psu
sound and video running through an LG 32" HD TV.

A:can anyone recommend a good UPS?

Quote: Originally Posted by Goomba81

can anyone suggest a good UPS unit?

for the following rig:

Intel Core i7 860
GTX 275
4Gb DDR3 ram
750W psu
sound and video running through an LG 32" HD TV.

Welcome to the windows 7 forum.
Goomba, I have used APC Backups since the beginning, depending on the budget you have will depend on the type and "Bells and Whistles" you want.

Regards,
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49324-can-anyone-recommend-good-ups.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a brand new Windows 8.1 machine; just turned it on. What does Bleeping Computer recommend I download for:

1) Antivirus

2) Anti-Malware (used to use Malwarebytes)

3) Firewall - not sure additional is needed with Windows 8.1

4) Anything else I should do with this machine? Already fixed it so I see classic style desktop instead of the 8.1 screen (don't have touch screen monitor) because I'm a creature of habit. 

Thank you,

Eric

A:What do you recommend for new Windows 8.1?

If you're wanting a free antivirus and firewall then the Windows Defender that comes already on Windows 8.1 should be sufficient. I use the paid version of Commodo for antivirus and firewall. I also use malwarebytes, Spyware Blaster, Adaware, Malwarebytes Anto-Keylogger and the AdBlock Plus add-on. This combo has worked well for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559707/what-do-you-recommend-for-new-windows-81/
Relevancy 33.54%

They are sending me email offering special discount 33% for upgrade

I wanted to subscribe to their Business option before, for creating a professional website and helping with
its SEO etc.. But it was a bit expensive without coupon.

Does anyone have experience with paid option of Weebly? Are they user-freindly? Does their SEO helpful??

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/129023-do-you-recommend-weebly.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to burn a 122 minute movie on DVDs (R+DL). I have Roxio Easy CD & DVD (no good) and Nero 9 (not much better). The sw tends to cause my discs to spit out as "not blank" and I can't burn anything. GRRRRR!

There HAS to be a better solution!!!

Can anyone recommend a SW package for burning DL discs?

A:DVD DL discs: What SW would you recommend?

Forget Roxio Easy Cd... consider Nero 7.0 first, Nero 6.6 second, and Nero 8 third...

There are plenty of other brands and models.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-dl-discs-what-sw-would-you-recommend.129307/
Relevancy 33.54%

So, it's starting to look like subscribing to a VPN service is definitely in the cards for me....

I've done some research and IpVanish comes highly recommended/reviewed and only runs me $6.49 a month.

Should I just go ahead and subscribe to this one or would those with more experience care to share some recommendations?

https://hardforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-vpn-service.1910219/
Relevancy 33.54%

So ive been wanting to play WoW. But my video card doesnt even meet the minimum requirements. So i was wondering if anyone might recommend a video card. I dont want top of the line, just good enough to run WoW with no lag. Also money is sorta tight, so the cheeper the better!

A:Recommend a vid card?

So what are your systems specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-vid-card.114360/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I need some recommendations and advice for running a user-friendly win software for a small business.

Basically, I've got a bunch of suppliers, bunch of customers, bunch of products and a bunch of orders. The latter takes data from the 3 'bunches' before it. New products are added on everyday. I need a computer program that can organise all this data (including photos for the Products list) on a computer network AND be viewable on a smartphone. I'm open to any software and any smartphone.

Thank you.

A:Recommend me some software

You should click "Report" and ask that your Thread be transfered to the "Business Applications" Forum, if help doesn't quickly come along here.

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recommend-me-some-software.845012/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm interested in using an app to monitor the temperature of the CPU while in use (i.e. not by checking the Bios). Any recommendations?

A:Recommend CPU Monitoring App.

Pick and try from the list.
Speccy
HWMonitor
Speedfan
Core Temp
SIW Home Edition

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552230/recommend-cpu-monitoring-app/
Relevancy 33.54%

I've been looking at Cards for the past 2 months trying to decide which 1 to buy,at 1st it was a 8800 gt over-clocked,but now I'm tempted by the GTX 260?

A:Recommend a Card

Well, it really depends on what your needs are. I actually have an overclocked Zotac 8800GT AMP! edition card and I love it. However I am about to be upgrading to an EVGA 9800GTX+ very soon. This 8800 is just fine for most games but I want a bit more performance in Hellgate:London with settings maxed at 1600x1200 and this card just can't cut it. If you really need a nice new card, I'd reccomend the 9800GTX+ or a GTX260. Those are the new big boys on campus. The 8800 is simply older technology.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/190378-recommend-card.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Just bought an AMD 955 and the stock cpu fan is Horrible. Its louder than my 360 and that saying something. I can not imagine playing anything like this.

So I must buy a new Cooler ASAP, but I don't know what to get. I want this as quiet as I can get it. Anyone have any newegg recommendations for me?

AMD X4 955 Black 3.2 Quad core processor!

Thanks in advance!

Dorf

Also a secondary CPU fan would be nice as well. Generic ATX case

A:Can someone recommend me the best CPU cooling and fan?

Nice chip you have there. From what I've read, the Sunbeam Core Freezer is an excellent solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11928-can-someone-recommend-me-best-cpu-cooling-fan.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Can anyone recommend a reliable and secure access point and wireless LAN card for under 35 GBP?

A:please recommend wireless set-up

anyone?!!! And I meant 35 each

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-wireless-set-up.49044/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello folks I am looking for a replacement KVM to work on two Windows PC's I had an Aten which worked just fine for three years and then suddenly failed and the replacement we had bought for my husband which he kindly gave me only worked for about four months before it also failed We then bought a StarTech and got all excited but that wouldn't even see the keyboard and after a session with the techy on their chat-line and lots of swapping of cables and trying this and that it was mutually agreed that the thing was broken and we needed a replacement That came yesterday and overall seemed to be working as it ought and I turned off last night feeling I had at last got things back the way I want them Turned on this AM saw the Start Windows screen - then the lights on the monitor went out and on restart the monitor worked again but only to tell us there was a keyboard failure PPSSSSHHAWW I said Disconnected the any one a KVM can recommend DVI switch please (UK) KVM can any one recommend a DVI KVM switch please (UK) and just using one can any one recommend a DVI KVM switch please (UK) machine without any KVM everything can any one recommend a DVI KVM switch please (UK) is as it should be So that one is going back to StarTech and request for refund with it That leaves me without a KVM switch which I need to run two computers in our small computer room and looking at what is out there I don't see anything to go for I hope to get a replacement from Aten as the second switch was still in warranty but would like to have another brand to try Can you recommend a reliable mid-range switch for DVI please

A:can any one recommend a DVI KVM switch please (UK)

I used this for about 2 years with no issue. Has a nice wired remote switch.

Amazon.com : IOGEAR 2-Port USB DVI-D Cable KVM with Audio and Mic GCS932UB (Black) : Kvm Switches : Electronics

IOGEAR - GCS932UB - 2-Port USB DVI-D Cable KVM with Audio and Mic.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307107-can-any-one-recommend-dvi-kvm-switch-please-uk.html