Windows Support Forum

How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Q: How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-phoenix-award-bios-v6-00pg.143414/
Relevancy 99.33%

I m helping someone with a machine that s not booting It has a Phoenix AwardBIOS v PC with an ECS RS- -M motherboard For some reason when the system is booted it gets past the POST and displays a quot Code E line quot message and stops I ve looked up code BIOS Award Phoenix POST Solved: Question about the quot E quot code as best as I can and it seems to mean quot Check force recovery boot quot scroll to near the bottom of the page That s cool but my question is what does quot Check force recovery boot quot actually mean and what action is needed to deal with it The system can t boot from the hard drive but CAN boot from a Linux liveCD I tested with The hard drive is a SATA hard drive maybe - GB in size and I connected it to another computer Windows XP system and ran a chkdsk on the drive and it found some corrupted files and kb in bad sectors I m Solved: Question about Phoenix Award BIOS POST code thinking the quot Code E quot message is relating to the hard drive which I think is suspect but I would like to know what the quot Check force recovery boot quot message actually means Any ideas Thanks Peace nbsp

A:Solved: Question about Phoenix Award BIOS POST code

No to sure but at a guess....it cannot find a Operating System and cannot find a recovery partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-phoenix-award-bios-post-code.1015015/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all, i have an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor bla bla with BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG. Recently I need to perform a specific task which requires me to boot from external USB drive, it was when I noticed that apparently that BIOS does not support booting from USB drive. The only option was “removable media” which pointed to floppy disk. I have been told that by upgrading my BIOS to the most recent version will fix this problem. Anyone can lead me to the right direction of how to get this update? the free one of course. I did find the paid one whihc i think its rubbish because i think we shouldnt pay anything for flashing our BIOS. Thanks.

Relevancy 89.44%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 82.56%

i have a computer i got from my aunt, when the computer starts up, at the top of the screen it says award modular BIOS v4.51PG

at the bottom it says: 08/21/1998-ALADDIN5-2A5KKB0DC-00

i want to know if there is an update for the bios, because i want to use a Maxtor 80GB hard drive.

Relevancy 82.56%

How can I update my Award BIOS?

A:Solved: Award BIOS update

I am no expert, but when I needed to update my BIOS in an old Compaq, someone here suggested to go to their website and click support. Type search what you need and it should be available with instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-award-bios-update.781202/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone this is my first post so bare with me I ve been trying to install Windows XP Home Edition for the last couple of weeks without success I ve searched this forum and found some ideas from other people who are suffering the same sort of error Award How I update do BIOS.... [Resolved] messages I get and have tried the suggestions put forward by other forum [Resolved] How do I update Award BIOS.... users So far not so good I gave in and called Microsoft and they say the problem is being caused by my BIOS and I need to update it Unfortunately I am at best an intermediate computer user and am unsure exactly how to do this Can anyone help me and explain in plainest english I get lost fast when people use too much technical speak what steps I need to take in order to update my BIOS Heres what I ve got and what I ve done so far BIOSTAR M VKD motherboard Award Modular BIOS v PG vkd f I ve been to the BIOSTAR web site and downloaded the vkd f update from the M VKD page and also Awd exe but so far not done anything with them I ve read people s comments about being very careful when updating you BIOS so I m a bit worried that with my limited computer expertise I m going to do it wrong and kill my poor pooter PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

The file downloaded as a 182 KB file with the filename
8052k1214.zip
and subsequently unzipped into a 256 KB file with the filename
2k1214w5.bin.

How do I run and use this file?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 81.27%

Dear Friends ,
i cleaned up my pc my self byhand after re assembling when i start it it displays a black screen "phoenix award bios ...."
contains all the system informations and ask to press F1 to contineu and DEL to enter the setup. after press F1 it starts normaly , before cleaning there nothing like this screen. my pc was starting normaly without any welcom or this type of screen.
help me to bypass or hide this screen . it comes each time when i start my pc or reboot.

My system infos are as follows ;
OS - win xp pro
vesion - 5.1.2600 service pack 3
pc manufacturers - LG computers
x-86 family 15 model 4 stepping 9 genuine intel
3060mhz
bios version date - phoenix technoligies ltd. 6.00 3/24/2006
sm bios 2.3
RAM 512 mb

A:Phoenix award screen at startup

There is usually more to it then just, Hit F1.

Generally if a device is missing such as floppy drive, it will ask you to hit F1.

Look for any more information, and if it mentions floppy drive, go into your bios and disable the floppy drive, unless you do have a floppy drive, in that case, a plug or cable may be loose/unplugged.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/phoenix-award-screen-at-startup-477051.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Where can I find a BIOS update for Phoenix Industries? The system is a HP Pavilion 8490.

A:Bios Update for Phoenix

Don't know which bios date you have but here is the last one from hp for that machine

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...m=OS Independent&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-update-for-phoenix.205947/
Relevancy 77.4%

hey i have an advent 9115 with a Phoenix motherboard.

i cant seem to find an update anywhere not even on their site.... they say to contact the manufacturer and to contact mine i have to give them waranty details (no idea where they are) before i can even send them an email...... sucks hey

thanks for any help

A:Phoenix Bios update

hi there is no bios update for advent 9115 if u need the sound drivers for windows 7 go to this link http://support.pcworld.co.uk it says for win vista but it will work with win 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37631-phoenix-bios-update.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I need to know if someone can assist over at HP and look into this. Does HP have a bios update for my said model Phoenix? Maybe never been posted? Currently my bios version is A0.08. That current version I have installed. When I installed it a few months ago. It was taken down shortly after from the support page for my pc. It has never been posted again. I would like to know if a newer version exist and maybe HP just never bothered to post the update for it? Why was it even pulled in the first place when HP posted it back then? I am on Windows 10 64 bit. And back then when this current version I am on was posted. It was posted under Windows 10 driver page.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Phoenix-810-430qe-BIOS-update-HELP/td-p/5788572
Relevancy 76.54%

Before I explain my dilemma let me say that I know i have an old cpu and motherboard, but I just need to keep it going for a bit longer.

Bios = Phoenix awards 6/2/2006
My current motherboard is an ecs c51gm-m am2 and the cpu is amd 64 x 2 3800+. I upgraded to Windows 7 and I didn't have any bios problems. According to the ecs documentation on their website the bios only supports up to windows xp amd 64 x 2.

I have an amd 64 x 2 6000+ am2 cpu lying around so I thought I could just swap out the cpu's, but before doing so I needed to update the bios. According to the documentation, the updated bios from 05/03/2008 would recognize the faster cpu. As far as os's were concerned windows 7 was not an option. So that's my dilemma. Am i just sol or is there a way to update the bios for windows 7?

A:How do I update my Phoenix bios now that I am using Windows 7?

If you must update the BIOS, I would use the DOS updater instead of Windows. see this

How to use flash utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/336257-how-do-i-update-my-phoenix-bios-now-i-am-using-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I wanted to upgrade my gpu from an AMD Radeon HD 7770 to a GeForce GTX 970. The problem occurs when the BIOs haven't been updated since 2012. Any idea when/if the BIOs will EVER be updated, or should I just buy a different computer that has regular BIO updates?

A:HP Pavilion HPE h9-1170 Phoenix BIOS Update?

Hi, Usually HP provides BIOS updates for a year after the product is released to the market.  I checked a few models with the same motherboard and didn't see a HP version 8 BIOS update which is need for the NVIDIA GTX 9xx series graphics cards. The HP OEM AMD Radeon 7950 should work in your PC with the correct power supply.  The 7950 is significantly faster than the 7770.   Thanks for posting on the forum.       

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-HPE-h9-1170-Phoenix-BIOS-Update/td-p/5327121
Relevancy 74.82%

I have noticed HP providing newer bios update for systems using the same motherboard and specs. Why is the newer bios not posted for my said pc? And is it safe flashing to the newest bios even though they are listed for other systems with same specs? I am on version A0.08 and HP has updated them to A0.12 Example for this system here http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-750-100-Desktop-PC-series/8499646/model/8501... Also note. I am on and using Windows 10 myself. Those newer bios are for Windows 10. I personally think HP has just for got to list the new bios update for my pc. They need to update the driver page. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Phoenix-810-430qe-bios-update-question/td-p/5609601
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Notebook SAMSUNG VM7000 Series which originally is using Windows Millennium and I would like to upgrade the BIOS PHOENIX 4.0.Release 6 06TE in order to change the actual operating system to WINDOWS XP. I’d be very grateful if you could give me the advice where to find the Flash BIOS Update . Please help me. Thanks a lot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-bios-phoenix-4-0-release-6-06te-update.963444/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello. I need BIOS update for HP Phoenix 810 (293d) with (MS-7826 (Kaili)) Mainboard My current bios is 80.21 dated to 29.05.2014 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:BIOS update for HP Phoenix 810 (293d) with (MS-7826 (Kaili))...

You could try to extract the .exe for the files. Just more work though and not a guarantee it would even work. HP made the bios update mainly to run through the OS itself when updating. Or they would put out files for a usb stick as another choice. That is what I assume. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-update-for-HP-Phoenix-810-293d-with-MS-7826-Kaili/td-p/5595227
Relevancy 73.96%

I am preparing to upgrade from Win to Win According to the HP Support site the BIOS should be upgraded before upgrading to HP ENVY 810-140ea Desktop update Unable on BIOS Phoenix to Win The BIOS currently installed as reported by msinfo is AMI nbsp According to the HP Support site page for my product the latest HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update ROM Family SSID AF software available is sp exe Version Rev A Aug I temporarily disabled my Antivirus Norton Security and exited ZoneAlarm Firewall Free and then attempted to download and install this new BIOS version using HP Download and Install Assisstant Recommended The download part suceeded and a cmd window launched and all operations displayed within it appeared to proceed without error After the cmd window closed the remaining dialogue window indicated that the BIOS update was also successful No automatic reboot occurred so I then closed that dialogue and manually rebooted After logging in again and re-running msinfo the BIOS version reported is unchanged at AMI To double check I rebooted Unable to update BIOS on HP ENVY Phoenix 810-140ea Desktop and used F to enter the BIOS At that level in System Information the BIOS version is reported as KAI v so it seems that the BIOS update to the new v Rev A in fact did NOT succeed nbsp What do I need to do to successfully update the BIOS to Version Rev A nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-update-BIOS-on-HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810-140ea-Desktop/td-p/5631550
Relevancy 69.66%

I tried to booting the computer Block error checksun BIOS BIOS Boot Award and received the Award Boot Block Bios and BIOS checksun error BIOS checksun error Award Boot Block BIOS It detects the cdrom but I don t have the CD Where can I get the cd like where to download it HP Media Center Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P LP-LE LimeStone Pentium D I don t remember the rest I found the site for the motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc cc us amp product amp dlc en amp docname c Backgorund I was having some probelms which the computer wouldn t start at all and a really loud sound the fan made so I called my insurance and they came and change the mother board twice and added a new cooling fan and power supply All this took two months for waiting for the parts and making an appoinment with the tech After replacing the motherboard twice the tech told me I m gonna order new harddrive I don t think is the motherboard or the fan Before leaving he suggested me to call me inusrance and tell them that you want a new computer cause its been more than two months and there has been four calls already So I called the insurance and got a new computer and kept the old one A week after receiving my new computer I took the old one for repair but at didn t at the end after they told me how much it would cost me to get it fix Now I m deciding to do it myself but I boot the computer and received something about Award Boot Block Bios I remember the tech putting a cd to the computer when he tried booting it up Where can I get a copy of the cd or is there a site to download it from Before I installing a new harddrive and XP Vista if i can i need the cd nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Does any1 have the download for this bios? cauz i dont have it and i need it to fix the pc

BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.0
BIOS ID: 10/28/2002-I845PE/ICH4/IT8708-P4PE
BIOS Date: 20021028
BIOS Vendor: Award Software, Inc.
BIOS Version: ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
BIOS Size: 524288
Chipset: Intel 2560 rev 2
OEM Sign-on: ASUS P4PE ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
Motherboard Model: System Name
System Name: Chassis Manufacture
System Model: Chassis Version
Base Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Base Product: P4PE

A:Award Modular Bios V6.0 Bios Download

Custom built PC? Post the full model number and revision (rev) of the Motherboard, it will be printed on the motherboard.

If it is a Store bought PC, what make and model is it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-modular-bios-v6-0-bios-download.903519/
Relevancy 66.22%

ive been having probs with xp, and i think i need to disable the onboard sound on my moboard. but there is nothing in the bios that allows this to happen. any ideas?

A:Award BIOS help

go in to BIOS in advanced/onboard PCI Devices Control and that brings up Onboard PCI Audio, then disable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-help.97564/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an ancient machine which has a major problem at the moment. It stems from the fact that I removed the CMOS battery in an attempt to reset the BIOS password which was lost. The BIOS is Award BIOS and no back door password works even though I tried hundreds off the net.
I reinstalled the CMOS after 10 min or so and switched the machine on only to find a blank screen and a continuous intermittent beeping...each beep lasting 3 secs or so....thats all it does..cannot boot to windows cannot enter the BIOS....NOTHING...
Any ideas?????

Relevancy 65.36%

My apologies if this has been dealt with enable BIOS USB won't Award in before I ve spent days trying to get a Belkin F U USB Port USB card to work in conjunction with Windows se Processor Model AMD-K tm D processor Speed MHz Performance Rating PR estimated Type Standard Mainboard Bus es ISA AGP PCI USB i c SMBus MP Support No MP APIC No System BIOS Award Software International Inc PG System System Manufacturer Product Name Mainboard First International Computer Inc VA- Chipset Model VIA Technologies Inc VT C AT MVP Apollo USB won't enable in Award BIOS VP MVP System Controller L External Cache kB Pipeline-Burst Write-Thru Front Side Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Total Memory MB SDRAM Memory USB won't enable in Award BIOS Bus Speed x MHz MHz data rate Windows froze on the first attempt to install After a lot of online research I found that this was a clock mismatch problem and I got it to install USB won't enable in Award BIOS after downloading a fix which was supposed to be unnecessary with se I took every reference I could find to USB out of Device Manager took the card out manually restarted shut down put the card back in started up and it installed normally The USB OPTi C PCI to USB Open Host Controller and USB Root Hub are now showing normal in Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the Device Manager No yellow exclamation marks are anywhere in the Device Manager The Award Bios shows USB Controller Disabled in Integrated Peripherals and there is no other option - I expected to be able to toggle between enabled and disabled but it won t Also disabled are various IDE options and one HDD just above the reference to the USB I tried to get a BIOS update from Award and after initially telling me we have just the thing for you boy are you going to be a happy bunny or something very similar they wrote and said we ve taken the money from your credit card but you already have the latest BIOS - or something even more similar Belkin refer me to everybody else except them Should I quit now while I m ahead The floppy disk drive is still working after all nbsp

A:USB won't enable in Award BIOS

Normally, your USB BIOS would only be required to allow BOOTing a USB HD.

Your Belkin USB is not accessed at BOOT time, so stop fussing with BIOS.

If you have modem-->router setup, then the drivers are not required at all!

Use the Modem->Router using Ethernet cable and from the router->pcs as well.

Otherwise, modem-->pc(USB connected) requires a driver.

Does this clarify/help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wont-enable-in-award-bios.70619/
Relevancy 65.36%

I need to upgrade my BIOS so my 200 MHz AMD-K6 will recognize my new 20 GB hard drive. The only problem is I can't find where to get my new BIOS? Does anyone have any hints?

thanks

A:Award BIOS upgrade

Generally the bios upgraded come for the motherboard manufacturer or the computer manufacturer.

You could probably get away with using a disk overlay if you can't find the bios. Most harddrive manufacturers offer them for download to install drives on older systems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-upgrade.58097/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys, got a problem, which needs to be resolved ASAP.

I'm not being able to boot from a WinXP CD. CD is working 100% fine, boot sequence is set correct. Even if I set to disable any other boot media but CDROM, GRUB still shows up. I can do fine on linux, but I need win to continue working.

A:award bios: not being able to boot from CD

hey spektrum, what you can do for now is to use a bootup disc (like for win98se) and then just run the winxp disc from there.

you can do this by using a floppy disk::
ftp://infas.lzuu.lt/Boot_disk/win98se/boot98se.exe
(win98se boot-up disk)

or a usb flash stick::
http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-not-being-able-to-boot-from-cd.830680/
Relevancy 65.36%

hI

does anyone know the max hdd size for the award 4.51PG
and if say it was like a 10 GIG max and i installed like a 20 gig would it even recongize 10 of it?

A:Award bios 4.51PG

It depends on what version date you have on it, since it is a flashable bios.. If you find a drive it doesn't support you should be able to flash it. Newest is from Oct 2002 here:

http://www.bios-drivers.com/companies/147.htm

but I wouldn't flash it unless you definately had too. Better find out the model of your motherboard as well since the manufaturer may have made a few changes to the generic bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-bios-4-51pg.123806/
Relevancy 64.93%

Looking for password to get into BIOS to run floppy drive.
My computer will only boot from "C"

A:BIOS passwords for Award BIOS

The password was created by whoever owns the computer. Talk to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-passwords-for-award-bios.179235/
Relevancy 64.5%

first of all , please forgive me if this is a re - post . before this thread gets modified, please point me to a helpful post instead .

so , I ' m trying to install windows xp on a very old p3 with no usb port on the casing . so , i have to use an external hardware ( please see screenshot ) to be able to use usb . i ' ve verified the usb to be bootable . but the problem now is the BIOS doesn ' t seem to show the option to boot from USB ( screenshot ) . i ' m not able to use CD / DVD to boot since the upper IDE slot is not working - fixing it is not an option for me . the hardware to use USB must be okey ( already checked with replacements ) . the HDD is blank so i can ' t enter windows to update BIOS either . any help in this situation would be really appreciable . thanks in advance .

A:P3 Award BIOS Has No Usb Boot Option

USB not showing on boot menu

USB boot support came way after P3's went to market...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313735-p3-award-bios-has-no-usb-boot-option.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I just purchased a 30 gig ata 100 maxtor hdd.The award bios on my m7vkb biostar board is june of 2000.Auto detect worked fine??The drive went in as lba/30737mb.Thats the same as default.I used maxblast to make 1 partition.I inserted a win98 boot disk to get the cdrom driver,typed 'setup' and then windows said '30,706,386,512 bytes'=28.5 gigs. 30,737,000,000 is what I thought it should say.What happened to 21mb?
Is it the fat system that rounds these numbers off to suit the windows operating system,or did I do something wrong? Another thing is I have 16mb clusters.How would I change them to 32 mb? Would 32 give better performance? My bios is so up to date that I can't enter any settings on the ide devices manually except access mode.The drive shows up as a generic ide disk also.HELP!!!I know a little about computers but I don't know alot more.

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a couple of years old hp I am rebuilding for a friend. The model is an Pavilion m8124n with an OEM Asus mobo. I just went to test it before installing it back into its case using the bare minimum (processor, heatsink, monitor, psu, one stick of ram and a keyboard). As I powered it on, it began beeping. One short beep followed by one long beep then a short pause then it repeats. I did not see anything on the monitor.

I tried to google the code but was unsuccessful. I need to know what the issue is whether be ram, video or mobo.

Please help!!!

Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra2) HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8124n Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English)#

A:Award BIOS Post Codes

i seen this before it is the hard drive

let me get the correct web page

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49248-award-bios-post-codes.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey, I keep getting a screen that says Award BIOS on it, some sort of setup screen every time I turn my pc on.

It has options for 2 different cpu speeds to be selected each time, with various other options associated with the F1, F2 etc buttons.
I manage to get past the screen by saving settings and xp loads as normal, but no matter what I do, it keeps coming on each time I startup the PC.

What's going on?

Specs:

-Athlon xp2200+ 1.36Ghz
-1GB RAM
-30.6 GB HD remaining out of 80GB
-nvidia geForce 4ti4200 128mb graphics card
-ASUS A7v333 motherboard

A:Award BIOS screen on startup

Open the System Configuration Utility and check your boot paths

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/award-bios-screen-on-startup-183477.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm trying to install a Quantum Fireball model LCT15 (15gig) hard drive into a system with a Matsonic motherboard with an Award version 4.51 BIOS. Questions:

1. Do I need to download and install utility to flash the bios?
2. If not...how do I set it up? The system sees it, but it locks at "verifying dma data".
3. If I do need to flash the bios...can someone point me to the flash upgrade on the net?

Thanks,

Dan

Relevancy 64.5%

My mums computer has all of a sudden been getting a Phonix - AwardBios V6.00PG page when starts. It has all the usual stuff in it about hardware etc but has never done this before? It has a "Press F2 to continue" and a " Press F1 to enter set up" at the bottom.
When you press F2 it then goes to a selection of 2 what i think are operating systems to use to bootup. Yet it onlyhas the 1 on the HD.
I am lost here.
Thanks in Advance

Relevancy 64.5%

Oh no...
A friends pc, with bios password. I've replaced the battery to get rid of the password. Pc gives one long and three short beeps while booting, and stops after that. I've checked the videocard - without success.
Who can help me out of this?

Relevancy 64.5%

Sometimes when I install drivers I get the message that my BIOS is out of date including updates from AMD if I go to the Phoenix site it says go to the motherboard manufacturer or run Biosagent if you use this you pay for the update but you do get this info so is it worth e-mail gateway support using the Award winning opinion BIOS boisagent or just leave well alone Info from biosagent BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS Date August th BIOS ID -C PVGM-GB- A HE BC- -None BIOS OEM C PVGM-GB V - PG Chipset Athlon rev SuperIO Unknown Manufacturer Gateway Motherboard GM B System onfo OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name PAULGEORGEBA-PC System Manufacturer Gateway System Model GM B System Type X -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name PaulGeorgeBa-PC George Time Zone GMT Award winning BIOS opinion Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:Award winning BIOS opinion

I checked out the BIOS Agent update, and researched it, and there are alot of complaints that the "update BIOS" is usually the same one that is available for free from the OEM, or in some cases, has bricked a system.

I suggest you not spend the money on a BIOS Agent subscription, and instead go to your OEM, and see if there is a BIOS update for your system.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/212960-award-winning-bios-opinion.html
Relevancy 64.07%

For the last 2-3 months, I've been using my newly build computer without a hitch. Yesterday, went to fire it up and nothing a split second of juice then nothing. Opened up the case and read the error code on the motherboard AW9D-Max.

The error code 8.2. means "Enable ATX Power Supply". Unfortunately, this discription is terribly vauge....did my power supply crap out on me? Can you have a bad power supply and still have some juice running to it?

I'm starting to think that the answer can only be found by someone else who had to deal with this...getting nowhere fast with Abit.

Power Supply: Antec Neo HE550

A:Post Code 8.2. (abit award bios)

2 posts on this problem mmarshall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/post-code-8-2-abit-award-bios.72682/
Relevancy 64.07%

BIOS Question

I have an Abit BX-133 RAID motherboard which has Soft Menu III. I wanted to alter something in the Soft Menu III setup, but all the options, apart from CPU Operating Frequency and Spread Spectrum Modulated, are unavailable for me to alter. I can see them but can't change them. I opened my PC up and checked that all the DIP switches were set to the OFF position as it states in the manual. Can anyone tell me how to make these options available? For you information, I just wanted to alter the AGP transfer mode option.

Cheers.

Si

Pentium III 933MHz
Windows Me
Abit BX-133 Raid Motherboard
ASUS V8200 GeForce 3 (28.32 Drivers)
256 MB Ra,

A:Award Bios Soft Menu III question

On some of those utilities, they are written for several different models of motherboards. Some functions may not be availible to you ever because of your model of board. I have a Giga-Byte board with Easy Tune III and cannot use it with XP until they update the bios. Short answer may be, your out of luck. If I find any more info I will let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/award-bios-soft-menu-iii-question.1169/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently turned on my pc and it went straight to the award bios instead of windows desktop It was on the advanced tab In the middle of the screen of into pc windows/fans bios instead award below threshold goes was a square that said in it quot manual quot and below it it said quot quot To the right there s pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold a message that says something about pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold me having to choose the cpu speed due to a new cpu being installed But pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold I haven t installed anything In order for me to work on my pc I have to select either quot manual quot or quot quot exit and save changes Then the pc works fine But I have to do this every single time I power up my pc I also noticed the date and time are incorrect in windows and bios Went to bios and adjusted both No luck Did a system restore-no luck Any help would be greatly appreciated specs Windows XP Pro asus p pe-x mb ghz p gb ddr ram gb maxtor hd and gb western digital hd nbsp

A:pc goes into award bios instead of windows/fans below threshold

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Sounds like you may have a dead cmos battery. Replace it and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-goes-into-award-bios-instead-of-windows-fans-below-threshold.49226/
Relevancy 64.07%

When this PC has sat in a releativly cool enviroment, it will boot up just fine. But let it get warmed up good, say having it on for 5-8 minutes and it will not boot up!

It gives the "Award Boot Block BIOS V1.0" and will not go any further.

The BIOS is "Award Modular" Version 6.00P

Do I have a chipset problem? Do I just need to update the BIOS?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

A:Award Boot Block BIOS Error

Correction to BIOS Version above: should read 6.00PG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-boot-block-bios-error.546816/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi all
when i turn my comp on this messag eappear

award plug and play BIOS extension V1.0A

and i cand do anything just restart and long press to turnoff
plzzz
helllllllllllp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/award-plug-and-play-bios-extension-v1-0a.558403/
Relevancy 64.07%

Ok so ive been here several times over the past or so years with this same issue and every time I think I have it solved but to no avail here is the issue my computer was working long bios) short? 2 beep 1 (award fine one night and in the morning it wouldnt start I click the power button and everthing sounds fine until Its suppost to give a single beep but 1 long beep 2 short? (award bios) insted it gives me long and short beeps I have an Award bios and when I went to check out what this means it says it quot Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information quot so im not sure what this means other than the video card is bad the video card is pretty new and before I go any further i guess I should say that the last time this happend I fixed it by resetting my cpu and before you say it yes I have already tried this nbsp

A:1 long beep 2 short? (award bios)

hmm

Sounds like the video card bit the bullet :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-long-beep-2-short-award-bios.99547/
Relevancy 64.07%

You ll need these utilities cbrom exe bmp epa exe A simple search should lead you to something Everytime your PC starts you may be forced to see a full screen logo of the manufacturer of your motherboard or PC I m not talking about the loading screen either which you can change in Windows anyways Well say no more to these advertising with logos motherboards Award your bios: change billboards and customize your own logos If you have a mobo that uses Award bios mine is version and I don t know if this mod works for previous versions and are getting tired of the same old logo when your PC starts follow my MOD if you want to call it that Note I just learned this a few minutes ago so do this at your own risk blackeye As always back up your current bios but you should be able to download them if you don t want motherboards with Award bios: change your logos to back them up I certainly don t backup mine There are many versions of motherboards with Award bios: change your logos cbrom and I just happened to use cbrom First step is to make a bitmap logo that s x bit and make sure you save it as bmp The file size of my logo was kb so make yours the same until everything works out fine For simplicity put cbrom exe your bios file and the bitmap file in the same directory In a dos prompt change to the directory where the files are located Type cbrom your bios file logo your bitmap file If everything worked out you shouldn t see any error message Basically what this does is replace the old logo with the new one inside the bios file Next step is to flash your bios and see if every thing worked out fine or maybe not If you want to go a bit deeper you can also change the small Energy Star compliant logo in the top-right corner of the screen after the initial logo is displayed This step is a bit more involving and I don t have time to show the details since I ll be going to school in a few minutes Remember the Golden rule never blame erwin rolleyes If you don t like your logo simply reload the old firmware nbsp

A:motherboards with Award bios: change your logos

Originally posted by erwin1978
Note: I just learned this a few minutes ago so do this at your own risk. Click to expand...

What is the source of your info?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-with-award-bios-change-your-logos.1049/
Relevancy 64.07%

ROM PCI ISA BIOS P VP-A Award Software INC xp pro sp old puter BSOD long ago Award Software Bios settings- Solved: SystemRoots System config SAM Want to repair xp pro OS Of course can t find my full xp pro cd Have teenager I do have OEM xp pro CD but puter won t boot from it Boot Sequence is A C SCSI I can highlight sequence but can t seem to modify same How do I change boot sequence to either quot D A SCSI quot or quot E A SCSI Solved: Bios settings- Award Software quot or any another option to delay booting from C This is very old puter maybe Bios should be updated changed Probably better to get it running st HDD might be split I know that at one time it had partitions but that was before a puter shop installed Solved: Bios settings- Award Software xp pro Solved: Bios settings- Award Software Don t remember much else about it but it does have a few files I would like to recover TIA Ax nbsp

A:Solved: Bios settings- Award Software

your os, as such, really has nothing to do with the bios,
you didn't mention the brand or model #,
with MY IBM, i just hold the ctrl[control], key down,
about every manufacturer has some little quirky way of getting to the bios,
you can't reach that from within windows,
hence, my comment about the os not a factor above,
so whatever your documentation you got with it says,
or post same and someone here will help,
once into the bios,
use the arrow keys to move / highlight the selection on the screen,
1st boot device, 2nd boot device, etc.,
press the 'enter' key,
the choices then show up,
either like a drop-down list or a little splash on top of current window,
use arrow keys to pick choice,
hit 'enter' to accept choice,
continue your choices until finished,
make sure to choose whatever your bios says,
as 'accept changes' or 'save changes'
whatever along that line,
follow prompts to exit,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-settings-award-software.799340/
Relevancy 63.21%

switch the power on and nothing happens except for a continuous beeping. any ideas?
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 98 Second Edition (H3660) [WIN98SE]

MOTHERBOARD: RM Aopen MX36LE MicroATX VIA Apollo PLE133 Chipset [MX36LE]

CPU: Celeron 800MHz KNI (100MHz Front Side Bus)

RAM: 64MB (SDRAM) (upgraded to 256mb)

VIDEO: VGA Integrated Via VT8601 [_ATRI2D]
SOUND: Integrated AC97 Audio (AD1885 CODEC) [0AVIAC97]

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi again I ve been having some problems with my computer lately beginning May which began when I finally got tied of fixing XP I defaulted and asked a local computer store to install Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, Modular *Award FJ settings with BIOS* Win Home Premium onto my WD Gb IDE drive which I Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings had purchased from them months prior About two or three weeks later my MoBo suspiciously started to fail Not one to cast aspersions I took it back and paid them another AUD to tell me that it was the MoBo then paid another Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings Gigabyte reseller to confirm the same who was Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings intrigued that if you flicked the board on the bench it would re- boot as though someone had been a little over zealous in tending to it So three GA- KNXP with DPS and two GA- KNXPUltra FJ MoBo s LATER I finally attached my WD Gb HDD Win to a new configuration thats the configuration not the MoBo they re all nd hand from my mates in China AND WOW Microsoft Critical Updates Conflicts and my Nvidia GeForce AGP card still not updating correctly Call to Microsoft was within the three day window for validation of install who suggested clean install which is fine as in the three weeks Win was in use I was mostly just finding my way around the newest OS offering from Microsoft The Win boot disc would not load The support staff sugested I download a new Win iso incase the Genuine DVD was corrupted Still not working was suggested the Drive might be the issue just happened that I had a new SSD in the draw Was able to atleast format that using the broken Win I actually believe that if I knew how to change the BIOS settings to reflect what I am trying to get the OS to run installed in the bays of my machine I would atleast have a platform to begin to get a stable boot- to-OS Which the gentle folk at Microsoft would at least have a greater opportunity at a successful transition of OS The board I m using is just too OLD for the young- guns of today I have updated my BIOS using the Gigabyte bios program here I need to know the settings needed to configure the board GA- KNXPUltra FJ here with the Award Modular BIOS v PG copyrighted - to see just the HDD SSD just as conected drives NOT as SICI RAID devices A manual to assist with the CMOS Setup quot Award quot Utility perhaps it might be useful Sorry if this seems to be a RANT Does anyone have any recollection of these times gone by please Edit I had a copy of Ubuntu-KK- and when I ran it as a live CD I found that the SSD that I had set as the Boot from device was prefaced with name sici- ID number of drive size of drive in Kb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-8knxpultra-fj-with-award-modular-bios-settings.188678/
Relevancy 63.21%

i', trying to fix a friends PC - other post in this forum has provide the details however i cannot understand the boot sequence (note i am trying to fix remotely by phone)

Award Medallion BIOS v6.0, An Energy Star Ally
asus a7v-133 acpi bios revision 1005a

the boot menu
this implies a boot sequence

1) cd rom
2) floppy
3) dvd
4) ide harddrive

however, it wont boot a bootable CD or a bootable floppy - it it does is boot he hardrive - unfortunately the problem with the PC is it boots up logs in and then logs out again

cant find any manual / screen shots so i can see how to change sequence and if indeed this is the sequence.

In order to fix this PC i need to boot from the CD or floppy to copy a system file - or if all else fails rebuild the system.

other post here
http://forums.techguy.org/t279306.html

Relevancy 62.78%

hello!! i'm a newby, in need of some serious help!! i just bought a new KT333 dragon motherboard, with an athlon 2100 processor, all new everything really. i'm trying to get in to format my hard drives, and when i'm in the bios, it only shows "floppy" as my choice, and i can't get it to change the boot sequence so i can boot from the cdrom (my windows xp disk). please help! i'm tired of calling and being on hold for 30+ minutes with soyo company!! thank you in advance for any help or ideas!!

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi
I just moved my system (Asus M2N sli deluxe) to a new Antec computer case, and installed a large Noctua heat sink. Still using the same video card (Asus en7200gs). when I tried to boot up I got the error code. Makes sense b/c I don't get any video. I tried re-seating the video card and tried a different slot. No luck.

I just ordered a new video card to try out (I could use the HDMI upgrade anyways), but I have doubts that will fix it based on other inconclusive threads I have read.

What else could the problem be? Could it be the new CPU heatsink? Maybe the motherboard is bowed? Anything else I can try?

A:Award BIOS - 1 long, 2 short beeps - video error

Just try the new video card when it comes in. The beeping may mean that the motherboard is okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/award-bios-1-long-2-short-beeps-video-error.172328/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've got a PC Chips M841LR board which works fine but it won't let me install my new Xtasy 64MB Geforce 2 PCI card. I tried it in windows 2000, & now in XP. It seems like this is a common problem but I've yet to see a decent solution. Here's what I've tried,

-disabling &/or uninstalling onboard video drivers & rebooting in vga
-disabling shared video memory (default is 32MB)
-rebooting in vga then installing video card's drivers and restarting

When ever I boot back up my computer locks up with the mouse cursor in the center of the screen. PC Chip's support is not existent, I've seen supposed IRQ reassigning solutions & that confuses me a little bit. I've pretty much given up, please help!!! Thanks in advance,
-Jay Callicott

A:Can't disable Onboard Video on PC Chips M841LR Board - Award Bios, HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-disable-onboard-video-on-pc-chips-m841lr-board-award-bios-help.89141/
Relevancy 60.2%

i just got a new computor and am seting things up im getin one one long beep fallowed by two short. which means a 98h
http://www.phoenix.com/NR/rdonlyres/81E6C43C-93BD-4097-A9C4-62F05AAD6025/0/biospostcode.pdf
that say search for option ROMs one long two short beeps on checksum faliure
anyone help

Relevancy 60.2%

Any idea what a beep code of 2-0-0-0 is. When I boot up it only beeps two short times. It is Phoenix BIOS Version 4.05

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chip

Relevancy 59.34%

I am building a clunker for a friend out of mostly spare parts. M/B is nearly new Winfast K7S, and the ram is 512 legend.,winXP Seagate 13g [ya I know], but its only for Internet and word processing. Done a Seagate test on the HDD. All ok. But when you start it wont detect the Seagate on its own. Go to bios and detects fine then boots up. I seem to think that it needs more time to detect it. But cannot find any setting in bios to do this,
any help would be great

A:bios settings Phoenix

Ive had some probs with older seagate drives, for some reason they do not always like to be set as master or slave, sometimes they are only happy with cable select. Dont ask me why.
Try different jumper settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-settings-phoenix.415766/
Relevancy 59.34%

im about to reinstall windows XP but i get a message saying

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3."

I had such troubles once before on my dell but was able to change some loading option in my BIOS and it worked perfectly... but this is a HP Presario v6000 and the BIOS menu is different... i think it is a PhoenixBIOS (version "f.06"....

anyone have any helpful hints as to how to navigate this bios menu and change what is necesary to get the windows CD to install?
EDIT - website that helped me b4 is "http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18329.html"

A:Reinstalling Xp... Phoenix Bios?

If you have a SATA hard drive, please read on:

This is typically caused by having the hard disk controller option set to AHCI instead of ATA in the bios so you have two choices:

Go into the bios and change that option from AHCI to ATA, reboot, and your hard drives should be found.

OR

Download the AHCI drivers for your mobo and place them on a floppy. Once done, press F6 when prompted during the install process to load the AHCI drivers. Your hard drive will then be found later in the process.

Most people will opt to do the simple switch to ATA even though a few functions like NCQ and Raid become unavailable; however, your system should run fine in the ATA mode. Let us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135641/reinstalling-xp-phoenix-bios/
Relevancy 59.34%

I can not enter the bios setup any longer using the delete key, I have tried all combinations for phoenix which I found on many support guy threads but nothing helps. The only thing I can think of is a missing file but I am just guessing. Will it help if I reinstall win xp? Is there a registry fix utility that will do this? Thanks .

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. Im running XP and my BIOS is Phoenix technologies 6. When I try to boot up I get a blank screen, one long beep and two short beeps from the internal speaker and nothing else. I persisted with trying the startup and it works maybe one in twenty times so I have extremely limited access to my PC. Can someone advise me as to the best way to fix this up?

Thanks for hearing me out, hope someone has some info

PS

A:Phoenix V6 BIOS, cant startup XP!!! help please

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check out the meaning of your beeps HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-v6-bios-cant-startup-xp-help-please.38014/
Relevancy 59.34%

I using laptop Compaq v3203TU and windows Vista. Then i update my bios using file i download from hp website.. This file "WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with IntelProcessors) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based". But after i update then when restart it show this in screen "BOOTMGR is compressed. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart.. Then i go to bios, it want me to enter the password.. Who know the password? Or anything that i can solve this problem.. Please help..

A:Phoenix Bios Password

Compaq tech support is very helpful. I assume you are still under warranty if you are using VISTA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password.85359/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
can anyone tell me how to get the BIOS to boot from USB?
it dosent seem to show the setting for it and it wont boot from CD
i just get the message "cant find operating system"
i not that clued up on BIOS
thanks J

Relevancy 59.34%

System: Dell with Phoenix BIOS 4.0

This is the POST code:

C0 Try to boot with Int 19
The system boots OK, but I noticed this before doing a burn-in (it's a used system I want to resell).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Error C0 Phoenix BIOS

This may give you some information on INT 19, although I'm not sure why you are getting the error. Maybe this will bump your post for someone who knows the answer.

http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/bootstrap.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-c0-phoenix-bios.284254/
Relevancy 59.34%

i believe my bios chip is faulty, it has intermittent problems when it boots. and even if i change the bios setting it is not stored it goes back to the default settings. i have replace the battery already and no change i have even try resetting the bios. and i have problems obtaining a chip

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-d686.80963/
Relevancy 59.34%

hey can someone help me find out how to use phoenix bios editor... ive looked on google and cant find nothin but ****.

thanks

A:phoenix bios editor

Sorry, as I understand it, that's proprietary to the Phoenix manufacturer.
If you're entitled to use it, the Phoenix people will provide assistance.
If not, then we can't help with pirated software.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276971-phoenix-bios-editor.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have recently acquired a Phoenix board with Award bios and none of my components work with the board. When I called the Award team, I was informed that the reason is because the components are too new for the board and the IRQ's are not being assigned correctly. I was then told that the only way I could fix this problem was to pay $60 for the bios update. This board was designed for an AMD XP 1500+. Now this seems to me that a board that new should be able to recognize newer components. Also, is that pretty standard that you have to pay for a bios upgrade or do most companies fairly let you upgrade for free for buying their product? Is this my only option?

Relevancy 59.34%

I have ICE Cyber  ransome were on my XP computer that has a Phoenix - Award bios on it.  I downloaded Hitman Pro and the directions elsewhere in this site and made a thumb drive bootable drive for the USB port.  However, making the USB the boot port is not an option on this BIOS.  So I copied the files to a CD.  It sit won't boot.  HELP. 

A:hitman pro on phoenix bios

You can boot the USB flash drive on a BIOS that does not support it by using Plop Boot Manager. Download plpbt-5.0.14.zip. In the zip file is an iso called plpbt.iso. Burn the iso to a CD using Imgburn or other software that can burn an image. Boot the CD and use your arrow keys to select USB then press enter.

I have used this on an Old Dell with a BIOS that does not detect bootable USB flash drives and it worked fine.

Edited link for Plop Boot Manager

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533246/hitman-pro-on-phoenix-bios/
Relevancy 59.34%

That is the bios I have for an old P3 CPU. I can get F8 to get me into safemode, but I do not know the key combo for selecting boot menu. I have tried F2, 10, and 12. Esc does nothign, and Del sends me to the setup where I have the CD rom to first, then HDD. I have my Win XP cd in the drive, but it STILL goes to HDD. Anyone could help me I would appreciate it

A:Dell Phoenix A07 BIOS

are u trying to reinstall windows xp? to reinstall on a dell u put the cd in reboot and when u see the dell screen u should see f12 for boot menu. the correct order is boot from the cd first.when u see the dell screen keep tapping f12 and then u should see a black screen with a blinking cursor that says hit any key to boot from a cd. hit enter and then u should see windows installing. just follow the directions and go from there. f2 on a dell computer takes u into the bios.u shouldnt need to change the bios if it has xp already in it. hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-phoenix-a07-bios.866599/
Relevancy 58.91%

I need to update the bios on my pcg-c1vp sony vaio netbook"PheonixPhlash Error File open failed on PLATFORM.BIN press any key to exit". The bios is the one that the sony vaio website links to "Phlash5.zip" containing "Phlash5.exe".

Maybe i need to run it outside of windows, but im updating the bios because it won't recognize any external boot formats. Its running windows xp pro at the moment and that is the only capacity that it will boot in.

A:Phoenix bios flash failure

Sony should have Bios Flashing instructions on their support website. Find them! Most of the time bios are flashed outside of Windows using a bootable floppy or CD/DVD disc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-flash-failure.129716/
Relevancy 58.91%

HI FOLKS, I HAVE PROBLEM THAT AS OF YET I AM UNABLE TO SOLVE. I AM UNABLE TO GET IN TO THE SETUP MODE ON MY CLEVO LAPTOP TO ENABLE ME TO FORMAT THE DRIVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO. I PRESS F2 IT THEN GOES INTO THE BIOS SETUP UTILITY, AND TELLS ME TO ENTER THE PASSWORD, THAT I DO NOT KNOW, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DISABLE THIS PASSWORD SO I CAN GET IN TO SETUP MODE. I WANT TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP, AND THEN REINSTALL. I HAVE 2 DRIVES ON MY LAPTOP,D WHICH HAS 2GB AND C WHICH HAS 25 GB, I HAVE HAD A LOT OF FEEDBACK BUIT ALAS TO NO AVAIL, THE BIOS SETUP SAYS PHOENIX, I HAVE TRIED THE GENERIC PASSWORDS BUT THEY DON'T WORK, ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

thanks moosep856

A:still unable to get password FOR PHOENIX BIOS

Welcome to techspot...

Look in your mainboard manual for instructions on how to "clear cmos" or similar. Basically, it's a little jumper on the mainboard that erases the BIOS settings (which is where the password is stored).

Once you've done that, enter the bious, and load failsafe defaults if you don't know how to set it up as you'd otherwise want it, and proceed to only change the things you understand, or that are related to any problem you are having (and it helps if you understand those!)

Lastly, just a bit of kind advice, but please don't continue to post all in caps (uppercase). Apart from looking untidy, many consider it to be equivelant to shouting, and so it's considered impolite (just simple nettiquette).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-get-password-for-phoenix-bios.44977/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi , I have a TIME Traveller laptop A430 model
it uses the Phoenix Bios Version 4 Revision 6 - bios

I have been told this is limited to 32gb

now here is a strange question
If I buy a 40gb HDD will it detect it at 32 and run ok or will it just boot it out and wont find it.
reason being , looking around most UK stores 30gb seem to be specialist now and expensive , whereby i can buy a 40gb drive as cheap as chips!!
scan,komplett,aria,microdirect etc all the same

A:Phoenix Bios Version 4 Revision 6

It should work. Many makers also supply 'overlay' software to access the whole drive, but it may be best to use just 32 of your 40G drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/phoenix-bios-version-4-revision-6.405344/
Relevancy 58.48%

When an IBM compatible computer is first turned on, the hardware runs a Power-On Self Test (POST). If errors are encountered during this POST test, they are usually displayed via an audio beep or in the form of a code number flashed across the screen. With this audio code in hand, you can determine what part of the system is having problems and find a solution.

<small>The pattern of beeps whether its the number of beeps or the length of those beeps will give you an indication of the actual problem. Its a distress signal from the computer in a morse code like pattern. Unless you have a diagnostic card to tell you more about the particular problem, you will have to use the charts below to decipher the computer error and get your machine back up and running.
Source: </small>BIOS Error Beep Codes

A:BIOS "POST" Beep Codes for AMI and Phoenix BIOS

handy.......
thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247133-bios-post-beep-codes-ami-phoenix-bios.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone , my problem was , somebody set password for my BIOS withous me knowing it, then after i power on the netbook , it suddenly comes out , it ask for bios password , i tried everyway to make unlocked the bios , i use backdoor password also but does'nt work , any body know how to remove the Bios Password without openning the cmos password ,

BIOS type : Phoenix SecureCore (tm)
Notebook Model : CZC P10S
Hash Code Generated after 3 times entering wrong password : [03482]

anybody help would be much appreciated
thanks

A:BIOS backdoor password for Phoenix SecureCore(tm)

Use the jumper pin to reset the bios or remove the cmos battery for 10 seconds.

You should now be able to get into the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218421-bios-backdoor-password-phoenix-securecore-tm.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So I was setting up a virtual machine using VirtualBox, but when I tried to start it I got an error message. Apperantly I will have to boot into BIOS and enable something, but I can't figure out how! I've tried all F-keys and DEL-key but nothing seems to work. Do anyone know how? Please help.

A:HP ENVY Phoenix 810-201no How do I boot into BIOS?

Press the power button and then immediately begin tapping the Esc key. That should invoke the Startup menu, where a number of options are available, including the F10 key for invoking the BIOS.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-810-201no-How-do-I-boot-into-BIOS/td-p/5601792
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried pressing the Esc, F1,F8,and the F10 buttons on restart and i can't get the BIOS screen to come up, what am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 58.05%

To the powerful rustam_:
I salute you with both hands. I read your postings and i must say I am a huge fan of you. You truly are a superior being. I need a little help, please.
I bought a Laptop the Sahara Brand from someone. If you start it up it asks for a HDD password. Fortunately the guy gave me this password. Everything works fine, but I wanted to put the harddrive in a PC and I need to disable the HDD password. In order to do this I need to get in the BIOS. It is from Phoenix. I tried to search the web and it gave me "PHOENIX" etc. but these master passwords don't seem to work.
Please help to find the bios password.
I do thank you for your time.
soloplax

A:how to recover Phoenix Bios Password on Laptop

Rustam isnt here today, he's on a sabbatical, apart from which all his posts centre around the removal of DELL laptop passwords not a Sahara Brand one.

Most of these phoenix passwords can be cleared by removing the CMOS battery, you would need to download the handbook for the laptop to find out where it is.
Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-recover-phoenix-bios-password-on-laptop.65698/
Relevancy 58.05%

I don't remember the password and cannot access my computer.

My computer is an older Dell.

Relevancy 57.62%

Trying to run Virtualise environment, get the usual message that VT-x not enabled in Bios.Reboot, F10, find out Bios Password set - but no idea what it is.Try three attempts, no error message (as seen on other posts), PC simpy boots into WindowsPC bought some time ago (Costco special deal - last one in store) - assumed Bios was unlock.Any other ways of enabling VT-x and/or reseting Bios pwdmany thanksDavid

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Resetin-BIOS-passord-on-HP-Envy-Phoenix-H9-1430ea-need-to/td-p/5614820
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,I have upgraded system BIOS for HP ENVY Phoenix 860-017ng to "HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B4B)" - A0.27 Rev.A. (SP77323) Now I have the red OMEN logo instead of the HP logo even though I found this documentation where it says "FIXES: Fixes issue where the OMEN logo replaces the HP logo after updating the BIOS." = = = = = = = = = = = = =Software and drivers:http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-phoenix-860-000-desktop-pc-series/8499708/mo...= = = = = = = = = = = = =HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B4B)ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77323.html= = = = = = = = = = = = =HP ENVY Phoenix 860-017ng:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04834405http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04834405

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-BIOS-for-HP-ENVY-Phoenix-860-017ng-Now-with-OMEN/td-p/5792298
Relevancy 56.76%

ok so i got this hp pavilion ze5800, pretty good machine and i dont know what the bios password is, bios manufactured by phoenix i do know that much, can anyone tell me a way to retrieve the password or bypass it?

A:phoenix bios password hack or bypass or software to find it HELP!!

There is probably no easy way.

The passwords on laptops are designed to not be easily bypassed or reset.

I would take it back to the place you bought it and get your money back.

Wearing some oven gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password-hack-or-bypass-or-software-to-find-it-help.46323/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am running XP Pro on Phoenix DOS F1 continue F10 program BIOS in & XP, starting opens a or When asks up to a laptop loaded with programs and files When I recently started it up instead of loading with the familiar Compaq logo it started in a DOS program Phoenix BIOS with a warning that quot it had not been shut down correctly last time quot I think I did shut it down correctly last time The BIOS offered me two options Hit F to Boot or Hit F to continue I hit F That took me to a screen where I had to guess what to choose Did I want to Save and Exit Did I want to Escape and abandon changes etc I didn t know what to do but it seems I had not made any changes so I said quot abandon changes and boot quot Well that was When starting up in XP, a Phoenix BIOS DOS program opens & asks F1 or F10 to continue not good Why do they do this to people with no warning that this BIOS thing could appear leaving you with nothing but guesses After I restarted the warning said something like quot warning-your date and time are not correct go to control panel to reset the date time Then when I opened my Outlook the draft email I had created the night before was GONE and the Word doc I had saved was GONE Then I went into Internet Explorer and MY HISTORY of all When starting up in XP, a Phoenix BIOS DOS program opens & asks F1 or F10 to continue the sites I had visited WAS GONE Can I get my History restored to my browser How Can I recover find the missing email draft and Word doc Worse this BIOS thing has come to stay Has not gone away Two more times on startup it appeared again Same behaviors all over again I keep selecting quot discard changes and boot quot But my History bar in my browser remains empty of the many URLs I visited and need to see again BTW what is the correct option to select when this BIOS thing appears I worry that you techguy will say I need to go back to a restore point of say like the day before the problem and rollback to an earlier date Is there any way to avoid that rather huge step which is worry producing in itself Until I hear from you I don t dare start my computer again Thanks so much Barbara S San Francisco nbsp

A:When starting up in XP, a Phoenix BIOS DOS program opens & asks F1 or F10 to continue

Hello and Welcome to TSG.

Sounds like the battery on the motherboard has died (this is not to be confused with the laptop's battery). It's the reason why the bios losing its settings (and date/time) when the laptop is off.

But this wouldn't affect the history in IE, unless maybe the date was really off and IE deleted the history (it's usually set to delete websites that haven't been accessed in 30 days).

I'm positive of the first paragraph. The second one, I question myself. Hopefully someone with more knowledge then me will also respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-starting-up-in-xp-a-phoenix-bios-dos-program-opens-asks-f1-or-f10-to-continue.793503/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok here goes I have a pakard bell puter with bios password phoenix pen2 [Resolved] packard bell PackMate Pen desktop computer with a PhoenixBios Release Copyright - Intel Corporation A P I removed the lithium battery and put it back in and now it wants a password to enter the [Resolved] packard bell pen2 puter with phoenix bios password bios setup I never EVER had a password on my computer anywhere I bought it brand [Resolved] packard bell pen2 puter with phoenix bios password new back in I think from Sams walmart I have called phoenix they say they do not make bios GRR how can they not make them But I have a phoenix bios L and they told me that Micro Firmware is who I call well they won t help either say to call Computer manufacture HAHA they [Resolved] packard bell pen2 puter with phoenix bios password are not here anymore anyway It s all the original stuff software ect can you help I have searched and searched the net and I have already typed phoenix for a backdoor password in and of course it don t work PLease I am dying here nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

So i just cam back form Best Buy a few hours ago and set up my NEW Envy Phoenix, and i noticed the LEDs didnt turn on "oh well" i thought a few hours and a few restarts later the LEDs wont turn on and HP Phoenix Control is not doing anything Please Help other wise no other probs with the computer

A:HP Envy Phoenix 860-019 LEDs wont turn on and HP Phoenix Con...

Hi @JakeRaines, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Envy-Phoenix-860-019-LEDs-wont-turn-on-and-HP-Phoenix/td-p/5549050
Relevancy 55.47%

General info winxp pro sp all updates applied except sp AVG free with virus db zonealarm needs replacing malwarebytes no old traces or other protection software was installed at reported (1112)" EXPLOIT PHOENIX "PHOENIX AVG type the time of thisincident AVG reported "PHOENIX EXPLOIT PHOENIX type (1112)" While browsing with FireFox my wife did a google search The link she wanted to take was marked quot safe quot by avg with a green check mark She selected the link which was taking a long time to load so she switched windows to an open game of Solitaire and made a move All of a sudden she got an AVG alert which stated quot Threat was Detected quot the next line said quot Phoenix AVG reported "PHOENIX EXPLOIT PHOENIX type (1112)" Exploit Phoenix type quot The offending application was Firefox exe and it also listed a file name which was not visible as the path was AVG reported "PHOENIX EXPLOIT PHOENIX type (1112)" too long It appeared to be pointing inside of one of the firefox profiles The alert popped up on top of the solitaire window and she sort of panicked and just hit her quot google button quot to get the page off the suspect one so she didn t see anything going on in the browser tab I got home she left everything just like it was - except she locked ZA and all I could see was the alert box over a google search page When I looked at the AVG events log scan results virus vault nothing indicated anything out of the ordinary had happened Also I have not had any trouble with browser redirection which seems to be a hallmark of this exploit or any other malware performance type problems at this time These are the steps I have taken so far and the results I ran an AVG full system scan which returned with no infections warnings possibly because the freeware version doesn t scan for rootkits or at least the option is greyed out I updated and ran MBAM which returned with no infections found I downloaded installed then ran the current free version of Sophos Anti-Rootkit which returned with some unknown files like mfc mfc u dll - all seemed to check out ok but nothing it recommended deleting I noticed after the fact that since it isn t the quot paid sophos av product quot that it doesn t do quot extensive quot rootkit scanning I downloaded installed updated the trial version of AVG Anti-virus then ran the specific scan for rootkits which returned with infections then ran a full system scan which returned reporting infections warnings I posted to the AVG forum and was asked to provide gmer outputs which I did Because following their instructions I had to run an older version of gmer locked up machine they told me they couldn t be sure but thought that I might be infected They suggested I try combofix and basically said good luck That lead me here to BleepingComputer Per posted instructions I have BC Backed up and imaged the drives BC Checked out the resources regarding slow computers but I am not having any performance problems BC and Joined enabled topic reply and certainly will keep a firewall up when I go to post all this BC Downloaded Defogger disabled CD emulation and will keep it disabled until this process is completed BC Downloaded ran the DDS script copied the results of DDS txt below and attached attach txt BC Downloaded ran gmer according to specific instructions and attached the resultant ark txt I am concerned with this because others have had similar alerts with various products but were not able to find anything until weeks later when they found out the hard way that they had this rootkit I am very grateful for any and all help Thank you DavidDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jessamyn at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning disabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall disabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost ex... Read more

A:AVG reported "PHOENIX EXPLOIT PHOENIX type (1112)"

Hi songsmyth,Welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like give a few guidelines so that we can fix your problem as quickly and efficiently as possible:Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.STEP 1 - MBAMNote: In the event that you already have MBAM installed, you do not need to reinstall it. Simply Updating it and doing a Quickscan is sufficient.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBA... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332648/avg-reported-phoenix-exploit-phoenix-type-1112/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Asus A8N-E mobo and want to flash my bios, however like I said, the Award flash utility is nowhere to be found. So how do I do it?

Relevancy 55.04%

Does anyone know any websites available to download an update for Acer Aspire x1300 Phoenix R01-B3 01/04/2009 Bios

A:Acer Aspire x1300 Phoenix R01-B3 Update

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. You can Download the BIOS from the Acer Website ..

Acer | Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/328475-acer-aspire-x1300-phoenix-r01-b3-update.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi i accidently updated with a fake adobe flash player updater and after i did it an error message appeared that said access denied I clicked ok and resarted my computer when the computer started back up it started first in safe mode removed my Eset smart security and said enhanced something activated So i ran malwarebytes program and removed malicious programs than windows defender popped up and said i had more so i removed the program win coinminer After this i could not get my firewall back up so i restored to efa.rar update flash player adobe phoenix.rar win32/coinminer fake an earlier date but now i still can t get my efa.rar phoenix.rar win32/coinminer fake adobe flash player update firewall up and a message like cannot access control file something fail and than another error message your personal firewall will not work something something please help i know you volunteer and i much appreciate it DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Jayson at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV ESET Smart Security Enabled Outdated DEAFED- - B- A - CA CD SP ESET Smart Security Enabled Outdated CCBF E -A - FC - F - A C SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW ESET Personal firewall Enabled FE EC -CB - - EFE- E BAA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security x ekrn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player DDMService exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x StarCraft II Versions Base SC exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe... Read more

A:efa.rar phoenix.rar win32/coinminer fake adobe flash player update

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/415738 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415738/efarar-phoenixrar-win32coinminer-fake-adobe-flash-player-update/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am receiving this message when I run sp76205: The system BIOS update file (c:\SWSetup\SP76205\hpqflash\ROM.CAB) is missing or corrupt. The system BIOS will not be updated." SP76205 was just released in June 2016 and I noticed other user are experiencing the same issue with it. Please provide a fix BIOS update or explain how to run this current update...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-Update-sp76205-Error-Message-Can-t-update-system-bios/td-p/5662276
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm getting very frustrated - running Windows XP and Phoenix 6.00 Bios, I want to boot from hard disk first and never from whatever might be plugged into the USB sockets. If say, I have an ipod or external hard drive plugged into the USB, bootup always looks there first and of course gives a "disk boot failure - insert system disk and press enter" message.

Here's how my bios is setup:

Main
- Primary Master - None
- Primary Slave - None
- Secondary Master -DVDRW drive
- Secondary Slave - DCD ROM drive
Advanced Bios
- First Boot Device - HD0
- Second Boot Device - disabled
- Third Boot Device - disabled
- Boot Other Device - disabled
Surely someone must know ? I'd really appreciate.
thanks
Simonides

A:How do I force boot from C: drive with Phoenix bios 6.00 rather than USB drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-force-boot-from-c-drive-with-phoenix-bios-6-00-rather-than-usb-drive.681304/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Samsung series laptop has been sending out popup messages telling me I need a bios update I go to the Samsung software update site and this bios update has been software Bios Samsung update bios,update for fails failing I have made several calls and chats to techs at Samsung who tell me to do what I have already done they tell to ask for tier tech who can go in my computer and fix Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails it When I finally got a tier tech they told me the same thing I told him what I had been told about him and what he could do He said is it working I said yes but settings on computer change on their own like wifi turns itself on and that concerns me Anyway Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails He said that it didn t need a bios update even the Samsung website said this computer needed a bios update I posted this on hardware firmware concerns and they told me to post here I was going to go to a site that had a download that checked drivers I was told to stay away from this Thanks Jim

A:Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails

Are you getting a direct link from the notification update? Can you post the link/site next time?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477131/samsung-bios-software-update-for-biosupdate-fails/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

My last BIOS update has failed and now my laptop Satellite PrU400 PSU45E is out of order.
I want to use the Crisis Recovery Disk with an USB floppy drive but I don't know the key combination to run the boot-block.
Is anybody can help me?

Best regards

A:Satellite Pro U400 BIOS update failed - What is BIOS Boot-block access

Hi

I wondering what Crisis Recovery Disk do you have ?:|
In my experience the special disk is needed which is available only for ASP technician.
Therefore it?s necessary to contact the ASP in your country in order to reflash the BIOS.

In my opinion you shouldn?t not try any ?Crisis Recovery disks? which you fond in the net? this can lead to mobo damage?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46578-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-failed-What-is-BIOS-Boot-block-access
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I ama new user and i am coming up with this post as I couldn t find any kind of solution update BIOS B590 failure! Lenovo BIOS FLASH! Black... for my problem Recently I decided to do a reinstallation of my operating system which also previously was Windows Ultimate x The installation went as usual and after finishing it I went on to install all the latest drivers from the Lenovo site for my product When getting close to installing almost all the drivers i ve needed i Lenovo B590 BIOS update failure! BIOS FLASH! Black... stumbled upon a new version of the BIOS amnd the drivers and sfotware recommended for my laptop by the producer So i proceeded to install the upgrade restarted the computer when it prompted me to do so but after the so-called restart the laptop did not boot up as usual At first it was telling me to not do anything as the BIOS is being flashed and then it was telling me something about some sort of image processing things that i did not understand at the time i have never encountered anything like that After that my screen turned black I have not done anything for a few couple of minutes as i thought it was supposed to be like that but then i just force shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter When trying to boot it all up again the only thing i got was a black screen and nothing else After doing a little bit of research it appears that somehowm i ve managed to corrupt the bios on my laptop or something and nothing else would work at this point I tried to remove the BIOS battery and the ram and then put them all back tryed resetting the bios by taking out the battery but nothing would work I would be really thankful if anyone would be kind enough to point me one way or another as i do not know what to do at all nbsp Around the webz i found some way of creating a bootable usb flash drive where i would put a compatible version of BIOS from the site and then install it onto the laptop but i do not quite know how to do that properly either as the software they are pointing me to wincrisis is not working by any means

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B590-BIOS-update-failure-BIOS-FLASH-Black-screen-after/td-p/3392941
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear all nbsp Since the beginning I got troubles with charging - plugged in not charging The easiest solution was just remove the battery but not for HP Omen I removed battery and destroyed the rubber on the bottom nbsp I had to open the laptop because one morning I got the massegae that my laptop is overheated and fan does not work properly Both fans works only during the lounch when windows works only one fan was in operations second one never starts again Looking for the solution in the internet I have found that this can be because of BIOS is not updated nbsp update vers... works Fan like helicopter-BIOS BIOS is a blocked I pushed F checked the the system everything is fine and then I installed only one version Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers... which I have found there No massages regarding overheating any more both Fans are working full power and very very loud Temperature of processors is C In my room C nbsp nbsp I followed all instructions but got massege BIOS update is blocked I downloaded the most previous version again BIOS update is blocked Current version of bios is BIOS version F Sep nbsp Can it be solved somehow nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers...

@YuraL? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-works-like-a-helicopter-BIOS-update-is-blocked-BIOS/td-p/5829795
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a old Tecra 9100 with years of good service, and this is my first problem, but is a great one, after a forced reboot the screen shows a BIOS block 1 damaged message. I have tried to repair the BIOS upgrading to the last version I have found, the 1.6 one, but its a Windows version (to upgrade from a running Toshiba computer I think) and when I try to run it in another computer to generate a FDD and upgrade BIOS, I cant, beacuse a Toshiba common modules message.

Its there any BIOS diskette image-archive I can dowload to perform the BIOS upgrade in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

A:Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?

Hello

All you can find is stuff on Toshiba support page. I don't know where you live but try to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain all this for you. Make a call and ask for help. I am pretty sure they will help you to solve this BIOS issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46581-Tecra-9100-BIOS-block-1-damaged-and-how-to-update-BIOS