Windows Support Forum

Kicked off Call of Duty 2

Q: Kicked off Call of Duty 2

This problem JUST started last week. I've tried restarting, looking for fix patches, and I honestly don't know what to do. When I log onto COD Multiplayer, for some reason PunkBuster is turned off, and every time I click it to turn PB on, the game crashes and I get an error message. I've tried running in safe mode, I've tried switching from single to multi, even running it off the disc, and nothing seems to be working, I'm assuming that my last alternative is to re-install the game (...horay....) but I don't really have any free time right now to do so.

Any suggestions ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Kicked off Call of Duty 2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.72%

I was playing CoDUO one day and tried to play a map which would not load because the game was reading the wrong files I decided it was a great itea at the time to just go and delete all of my call of CoD CoDUO files without uninstalling either first After deleteing all files or what I thought was all files I tried of Call Offensive United Removing Call Solved: Duty Duty of & to reinstall both games When I insert the CD the main title screen opens and gives me the options to play in single multiplayer or uninstall if I click on uninstall the uninstall wizard starts to open then goes away with no affect I found a post here on how to possible delete Cod and CoDUO from my computer that post is here http forums techguy org games -uninstall-call-duty-help html I have followed the steps given by colmaca but to no success I have tried searching in all hidden non-hidden and all indexed non-indexed places on all my drives to find anything related to Call of Duty and get nothing Is there anything else I should try Please help I would like to get back to my clan on CoDUO nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

I JUST BOUGHT THE EXPANSION FOR CALL OF DUTY BUT WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME I GET THESE ERROR MESSAGES: THE FIRST ERROR COMES UP A FEW SECONDS AFTER THE GAME LOGO COMES IN (the application or dll c:\program files \call of duty\miles\mssa3d.m3d is not a valid windows image). THE SECOND ERROR COMES UP WHEN THE GAME IS LOADING IT DOES NOT FINISH LOADING THIS COMES UP (unknown effect type 'bullet small reflect' in first column of file 'fx/mc import.csv). DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS UP WITH THIS? I THINKS IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE NO DISK CRAP I INSTALLED ON CALL OF DUTY 1. I UNINSTALLED THE EXPANSION,CALL OF DUTY 1,REMOVED THE LEFT OVER FILES REINSTALLED BOTH GAMES AND STILL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. IF ANYONE HAS A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM..................THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:Call Of Duty 1/call Of Duty Expansion Problems :(

yea u have the same prob. i can play online ok just cant get on the game. do you have any clue to what is going on?? well if anyone has an answer please,please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-1-call-of-duty-expansion-problems.318747/
Relevancy 66.65%

i just installed COD MW4
when i launch it it says some mss32.dll error
hence i downloaded the DLL and put it in the COD folder replacing the previous one
now when i launch it it says "the procedure entry [email protected] could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll"
NOW PLZ ANYBODY HELP ME
I BADLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME

A:call of duty mw4 plz help!!!!

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Where did you download the game from?

Have you tried running it in Windows XP mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/call-of-duty-mw4-plz-help-683061.html
Relevancy 66.65%

How come the setup won't even start? It says "configuring Windows installer" and that's it.. Nothing happens !!

A:Call of duty 2?

may be CD problems?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/185925-call-duty-2-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all Hi have just replaced my A N sli mobo with another A N sli formated and reinstalled windows bios drivers and settings as previous all programs work ok my games battlefield Doom Farcry amp 2 Duty of Call Strike force all run as previous all set to max all temps Call of Duty 2 low Installed Call of Duty hit the COD icon and it was a little slow to respond set up the game spec to high then started the game first slider moved all the way then I clicked to start the misson the slider moved about of the way across and froze Call of Duty 2 I had to hit the restart to reboot the pc I then clicked the COD icon again and the game told me that COD did not quit propely so you want to run in safe mode I clicked yes and the game started but it will only start in safe mode I unistalled removed all files from C amp the registry reinstalled but the result was the same D Mark score is CPU everything else is very stable I would appreciate all the help you can give me on this one Kind regards Rex nbsp

A:Call of Duty 2

Hi all.
Well I learned something today.Never take a pc for granted.my previous Mobo ASUS A8N32SLI replaced with another A8N32SLI I replaced All my drivers bios and setings to exactly what I had been running my system on previous and C0D2 would not load only in safe mode,that should have told me it was a video fault but as I had been useing 82-12 beta for the past six months I was shure it was not my driver.((WRONG))After another format & win install I ran 3D MARK 06 and this crashed but told me it was a driver problem
I updated up one to 84-20 Beta BINGO everything is 100% now.
You may now call me all the S----- names you want and I will Agree with you.
Best regards.
Rex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-2.472997/
Relevancy 66.65%

Running a Dell Dimension 4100 with NVidia TNT2 M64 4XAGP (Dell).

Install game. Install Direct x 9.0
Start game: rc'd error for this vid card. Say to reinstall drivers.
Unisntalled old drivers.
Reinstalled drivers.
Restart game.
No change.
Read techsupport guy sticky on drivers.
Went to designated link for drivers.
downloaded new drivers.
installed drivers.
restart computer.
Upon restart, I get to the Win ME page and then the computer shuts down completly.
Boot in safe mode.
Uninstall drivers.
Reboot.
Same symptom.
Computer will not boot in normal mode.

Mr. Peabody

Relevancy 66.65%

I have Call of Duty and every time i play it says..."connection interrupted" and i lag like hell...can anyone tell me what could cause this...i have no mods for Call of Duty...my system reaches the minimum requirements...i have 1mb broadband line...only thing is that I have a 64bit system but i am still able to install it by doing a few things activision told me and it installed fine..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.458833/
Relevancy 66.65%

Well I finally buy call of duty and pop it in and I get this error message

Could not load the DLL library
C:\D0CUME~1\owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup\rsrc\coddll.dll.
This specified module could not be found

Any ideas?

A:Call of duty

Make sure you read and do everything in this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.178871/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an HP a706n with XP and I cannot run Call of Duty. It tells me "You should install the latest drivers for your video card, being sure to uninstall the old drivers first. If you already have the latest drivers, you should completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them. How can I proceed?

A:Call of Duty

Hi

First of all what grahics card are your running at the moment ? the common ones are ATI .. NVIDIA etc or you could have a built in one on the MB .

Rich

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.342346/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello im a big call of duty fan and i have a had call of duty for a while now untill i went on Duty of the PC PLEASE! 2 HELP Call NEED :( for to play one day on call of duty multiplayer and error came up saying something about a sound file so i went to some forums to see if they knew what i could do and one person told me to try system restore i did and it did not work then they told me to try to unload the game and i tryed but the uninstall shield got half way and shut down so they said try going to controle pannel and deleting it in add remove programs but that did the same half way and shut down so someone told me go into the call Call of Duty 2 for the PC NEED HELP PLEASE! :( of duty folder Call of Duty 2 for the PC NEED HELP PLEASE! :( and delete everything then go to Call of Duty 2 for the PC NEED HELP PLEASE! :( the recicle bin and delete it all in there too so i did but now when i go to load the game back onto my pc it says uninstall still and it goes half way again so now im stuck and i cant figure out what to do its in add remove programs sitting there but you cant delete it and u cant find it in the c programs file in the computer i cant find it anyware els but in add remove programs but it wont delete so someone please please help me try to get my cod multiplayer working again im begging you i love this game and i want to play it again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-2-for-the-pc-need-help-please.479531/
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm getting some framerate lag when I set my graphics to 1024x768 (My Res.)
Any ways to help?
I want to run everything on High without framerate lag and I was wondering if theres any way to fix this without getting a new video card.

My specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz core and FSB
2.5GB of ram
ATI Radeon x1300pro AGP 8x (600MHz Core, 400MHz mem)

Relevancy 66.65%

i have windows xp use and hp computer download call of duty when i open i get a box that says the last time the game shut down it shut down improperly ask if i want to start it in safe mode or not.don't know how it could of been shut down improperly when i have never open it.because after the box goes away the game freezes

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Im Vinod i gets an error whenever i of duty call run the game call of duty Error during call of duty initialization Video card or driver doesn t support UBYTE N vertex data ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name VINU Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model G M-ES L BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core call of duty TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag call of duty Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R GMA DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS D amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name igxprd dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD igxpmp sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - A - CF- - AF B C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x C SubSys ID xD Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek HD Audio Input Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF ----------- DirectMusic ----------- DLS Path C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers GM DLS DLS Version Acceleration n a Ports Microsoft Synthesizer Software Not Kernel Mode Output DLS Internal Default Port Microsoft MIDI Mapper Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth Emulated Hardware Not Kernel Mode Output No DLS Internal Registry OK Test Result Not run ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x C Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytes ---------------- Gameport Devices ---------------- ------------ PS Devices ------------ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Matching Device ID pnp Service i prt Driver i prt sys bytes Driver kbdclass sys bytes Terminal Server Keyboard Driver Matching Device ID root rdp kbd Upper Filters kbdclass Service... Read more

A:call of duty

this is all over the internet if you google the error. and its been asked here before. its either your graphic drivers that need updating or your chipset isnt up to the job

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.904712/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi,
ive just bought the new call of duty 4 modern warfare. i have downloaded and played the demo fine but for some reason the disc wont be read by my disc drive. the LED next to my disc drive just flashes constantly whilst the disc is in but it doesnt do anything apart from flash constantly.

any help would be appreciated.

A:Call of Duty 4

It's possible you have a bad disc drive. Have you tried other disc's to be sure it works?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4.649814/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi please help i have windows vista ultimate and play call of duty 4 and fished playing listed to music turned the pc of.
the next day when to play the game and it comes up with this iw3sp.exe has stoped working.Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iw3sp.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 47044075
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549be94
Exception Code: 406d1388
Exception Offset: 00023843
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: d8f9
Additional Information 2: 1ac8dac8512b50ff527fad88fc211afb
Additional Information 3: 7955
Additional Information 4: 9e42b7b8e463394727f3a627ded6d289

Please help!! I have no idea why this is happning

Relevancy 66.65%

What happens is I try to open Call of Duty and it looks like its going to open, but then it just stops, like nothing happened. If i try again it give me a message saying "It appears that Call of Duty did not quit properly the last time it ran. Do you want to run the game in safe mode? This is recommended for most people. It will change you system setting but not your controls" I try this and it does the exact same thing. I am running on windows xp with 1 gb of ram and 1 gb or processor. I also just got my video card last week. It is a NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Relevancy 66.65%

i play call of suty, and want 2 play with people on-line, andbody still play this? lol, post here..

Relevancy 66.65%

I bought COD for PC through the Internet Guess what It didnt work with screenwords and the notice on the box which I hadn t read buying through the Internet indicating a better big Duty 4 of help please! - Call video card needed So as well as buying the game I bought a GeForce GS nearly quadrupling the game cost Guess what Still won t work This time quot Error during initialization Miles sound system initialisation failed quot and quot Initialising Renderer Attempt hz Windows default sound ERROR Couldn t initialize digital driver DirectSoundCreate failed in get system speaker configuration quot I can see several suggestions online that quot In the Activision folder select Call of Duty Open your Miles Folder Look for the Mssmp asi file Rename it to Mssmp bak quot That made no difference I have Direct c and checked that my Call of Duty 4 - big help please! Soundblaster Live Value WDM needs no newer driver than As above GeForce GS and new driver Other details are Dell Dimension Intel Pentium GHz XP Service pack Do I now have to buy a new sound card as well COD amp work fine Can anyone help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4-big-help-please.674670/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey,
I got call of duty 4 modern warfare installed.
I have a 1 gig ram, 3ghz cpu, 160 gig hard disk and ati raedon x1550 256mb graphic card. So basically my system seems to have the minimum requirements.
What I notice is that the game at times takes a long time to start (2 mins) and secondly the game gets stuck in between and after this brief period i am able to continue. So i would like to know what the problem is.

Relevancy 66.65%

It will be out tomorrow, who's getting it and why?

Since I have played them all, it seems I am bound to get this one. I was hoping we wouldn't have another WWII title but, what the heck, I am willing to give it a try since there is nothing else out there that interest me right now.

I don't play online but I am hoping a friend of mine will have interest and we can start doing Co-op missions together, this will be the beginning of my Online Experience (if Co-Op can be called Online! ).

A:Call of Duty 5...

I too will be getting it because there's little else interesting out. I have played the beta and have a feeling it's going to be a disappointment (not gonna start bashing treyarch but needless to say I wish it was iw making it). I hope i'm proved wrong though

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/191890-call-duty-5-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I meet the specifications for this game on Canyourunit.com But when i play i get a frame rate of about 9 fps. with settings as low a si can set them. i run Cod4 fine. just get slow laggy game play. any idea if theres a fix for this?

Relevancy 66.65%

i installed call of duty 2 and was playing it and something went wrong and i tried to do a system restore and it did, went to luanch call of duty 2 and it wont launch it says some files are missing, i go to uninstall it and reinstall it, the unstaller loads about halfway then closes, and only 12 mbs of stuff is in the activision folder, and when i try to reinstall it says its alrwady installed but it's not.i deleted the activision folder and went through my whole computer and deleted everything that has to do with cod2.

A:call of duty 2 help!

nevermind i fixed it i did a system restore way far back:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/call-of-duty-2-help-148312.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey, i just want to know if it'll be possible for me to play Call of Duty 1 on my vista system. I heard that I can but I just want to know before I buy it. Also, I want to try myst but i'm pretty sure that's not gonna work. Thanks!

A:Call of Duty 1

Hi Bartleby,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I have no problem with the demo version running on Vista. It should run fine.

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/142107-call-duty-1-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I've got a rather odd issue I have only seen a couple of people have but no fixes I have been having problems playing both COD and CODWAW The game runs fine but every so often after I've shut the game down rebooted or what have you the game will not give me video once the maps load for me Here's what happens to the best of my ability to explain I play a few maps typically - before I get tired of it I shut the game down and proceed to do something else I then load COD up later on and attempt Duty of Call 5 and 4 to join a server The map loads I see quot Waiting for Players quot Call of Duty 4 and 5 at the top I Call of Duty 4 and 5 get a blip of sound and then my G LCD counts off seconds then my computer screen goes black and I have to hard reset my computer Edit When the screen goes back it acts like there's no video feedback from the videocard While this would point to an issue with the video specifically - why would deleting Call of Duty 4 and 5 the profile fix the issue Unless maybe there's an issue witht he AA settings or something I had originally thought it was my videocard drivers but I've had different driver versions on this computer to try and fix this issue - to no avail The only thing that I have found that fixes this issue is if I delete my entire profile with exception of my mpdata and recreate it That will fix it - usually I am unsure what keeps causing my profiles to go corrupt so often It's gotta be something with the way Vista handles folders files that I have set and I just don't know what it is I have a friend that has Vista as well and he doesn't seem to have the issue at all with COD Obligatory System Specs Q ghz x gb DDR - - - nVidia GTS G mb SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Vista x Business Drivers updated to latest

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/215121-call-duty-4-5-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey there, right now I've reinstalled Call of Duty 4 LEGIT from my BOUGHT copy of the game. I played a bit of single player while I downloaded the patches then installed 1.0-1.6 then 1.6-1.7 patch and went on MP.
Then I loaded a server and it said "impure client. invalid .iwd files referenced." and I was like ''

i googled my problem and some people seem to have this problem when they download a torrented version of the game. Mine is 100% legit and I myself am against torrenting as it is totally ruining PC and multiplayer gaming.

Does anyone know the real routes of this problem and where I can fix it, or even better, link me to a iw_08.iwd file I can download, because that's the one that is being linked in my install directory in the error.

A:Call of Duty 4 .iwd

did you get the file from COD's website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4-iwd.779884/
Relevancy 66.65%

I haven't got macromeomedia flash player on my pc and I need that to play call of duty 2 so I went to the site and started downloading it. But when I got there and pressed RUN, a sreen popped up saying I had no internet connection. When I ran a problem report or whatever it's called, it said that my connection was fine... I had the same problem with MSN Messenger. It just says 'no internet connection' when you start downloading it.

Help required...

Amplid

A:Call of Duty 2

Oh yes and it (call of duty 2) won't uninstall either...

Amplid

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/139047-call-duty-2-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I need help, every time my COD 2 cd tries to install Vista asks me to choose the auto play option and when i select auto play vista throws me an error saying "Access is denied", what does this mean?

A:Call Of Duty 2.. :(

not sure. Try running the install from windows explorer. I had no problems installing COD2.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/82796-call-duty-2-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i am trying to find out if Call of Duty World at War (5) will run on my pc.
i have installed it all ok, but when i try and run it i get a black screen, with the sound of the starting video. Call of Duty 4 works fine on it.
im running Windows xp sp2, all i know about my hardware spec is from xfire:
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Hard Drive: 159 GB
Video Card: RADEON X600 Series
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SigmaTel Audio
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)

the 'can you run it' site (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest) that i have seen comes up with evrything as undefined.

Relevancy 66.65%

Anybody running this yet?

Damn royal mail! Its dispatched but not here yet! I reckon tommorow knowing them....

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/104561-call-duty-4-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just bought COD 4 and the singleplayer works fine. The multiplayer doesnt work at all. what downloads do i need?

It says i need a broadband connection. I have DSL. Will that be a problem?

A:Call Of Duty 4

buddy did you checkout the Call Of Duty online forum for your issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4.699758/
Relevancy 66.65%

well i just bought the said game, i run x2 7950gx2 (so 4 cards essentially) ive never ever had a problem with running sli on any game until i installed this game. i get to play for about 5mins and then it all freezes up and i have to hard reboot. i have tried older drivers and many different card settings and i still get the same freeze, it doesnt happen in any particular place either its just random.
i have managed to temp fix this by turning off SLi and just running off the 1 card, it works but id still rather have the 25-30% performance increase ofc.
anyway system specs as standard..

AMD 4200 dual core processor 2.21gig
2GB OCZ gaming RAM
n-force 4 mobo sli ready
nvidia 7950gx2 running quad sli
1000w something or other PSU
soundblaster se+ audigy

A:call of duty 5 SLI

Firstly, be more specific on the PSU. A something or other doesnt give alot of info and power s the root cause of an awful lot of problems. You need to specify so we can see if its got enough power in the first place ( which I assume it has as it wouldnt have SLId in the first place) and whether it is liable to probs.
Secondly, it sounds like you have a bad card. I suggest you take both cards out, then install one on its own and run COD for a while. If its fine, take the crd out and install the second one as primary( just one in the rig at a time) and do the same. I am fairly sure you will get a bluey on one of the cards, and this will be the faulty one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-5-sli.804092/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am getting the Call of duty in few weeks and I need serious help Please help me I need to get the answers before I get this beautiful game help! Call serious 4 of duty - to play Call of duty do I have to just install all the CD and put CD key Call of duty 4 serious help! and done Is it easy to install - Do I have to download stuff updates etc from website to get the COD to work For e g Patch and whatever If I do why do I need to download these things and what happens if I don t download these - I have a dual core ghz ASUS GT G ram and I want to know if it s all good to play Call of duty I think I have DirectX c as well Will I be able to get good fps smooth game play By the way I m not going to use high resolution and full high settings I am more of a guy who just want the game installation to be very simple I want it to be like Install gt put CD KEY gt P L A Y I do not like confusing hard and lot of problem involved games Counter strike gt Counter strike source is the good example of some simple and easy games nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that is maybe 3 months old. I also have two computer games, Sims 3 and Call of Duty 4 Game of the year edition. They used to work but then if I removed them from the drive and put them back on the laptop won't read the disk. It says please insert correct DVD rom and select OK to restart the application when i click the the icon. Same with sims 3. My laptop was still in warranty so I got another drive and the same thing happened. PLEASE don't say the laptop ins't good enough for the games because it WORKED LOADS OF TIMES BEFORE. If anyone has an answer please tell me coz you can't bring back PC games to the shop. Im rely stuk n dis so ny1 plz HELP ME OUT!!!!!!

A:Call Of Duty 4 ( PC )

Visit Dell's website and install the latest driver for your optical drive on the notebook. Try that and let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4-pc.841187/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, is there any mod that allows me to play multiplayer with bots in LAN mode?

It's gonna be flooding but I still wait on my eyes looking in this thread.

P.S: I must write a script that nudges everyones browsers to take a look at this thread. Don't take it seriously it's just for laugh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4.686322/
Relevancy 66.65%

Basically Whenever 4 Call Duty Of please Help I join a game I get kicked by Punkbuster with errors such as quot loosing key packets quot In game modes such as Free for all I can play for a bit then get kicked by these Call Of Duty 4 Help please messages however then I play search and destroy I get the connection interrupted symbol after every round without fail Also when spectating the game seems to play in slo motion almost Furthermore if I manage to play in a game for a bit the game starts jolting about every second ever so slightly not lag I might also mention that I have a decent spec PC with ran this game fine about a year ago online with no problems I had wireless internet then Currently I am Running Windows I have a high speed cable internet which works fine when downloading etc which i'm not doing when playing COD I supposedly have the latest version of Punkbuster I have tried turning the firewall on and off I basically have no idea whats wrong and would appreciate any help Thanks

A:Call Of Duty 4 Help please

If you are using a wired connection you should check the Ethernet cable running to you computer from your router for damage, as well as the connectors. If the insulation on the wires is pulled out of the connector, it can cause the connector to pull on the wires. Best thing to do is try a spare cable if you have one. Also if the wire runs near any electrical appliances or wires, this can cause interference (white noise on the wire). If there is no damage to any of the Ethernet cables you should get a line test done (www.dslreports.com). This will check the line quality from your isp to your home, if there are lost packets or other problems you may have to call your isp for them to fix the lines.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/call-of-duty-4-help-please-473155.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a very clean and ordinarily stable Windows XP SP3 system--recently underwent a complete reinstall of Windows and analysis of the system by a professional. It is an Athlon 64x2 Dual 4400+ with 2 gigs of ram and running a Geforce 7800 GTX with very recent drivers.

I cannot seem to run Call of Duty II without the frame rate slowing to a crawl on occasion. This generally occurs when the action gets hot and heavy and my character is in danger of being killed. The mouse only responds raggedly and with great latency. Usually this will last a couple of moments and then resolve itself. I can then play normally till it happens again which may be right away or may take five ten minutes before the slowing begins again.

With this set up I should be able to play CODII (and I'm thinking of expansion packs) easily.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing the problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/call-of-duty-ii-481937.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I am having another problem with CoD 4. I can`t create a internet server on multiplayer mode in my Vista 64. Anybody can help me?

The console starts but show me a lot of erros and the game doesn`t starts.

Tks

Hi Tks,

Contact these guys here (recommended by CoD Staff) for support about multiplayer servers Charlie Oscar Delta

Cheers
Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/157807-call-duty-4-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys, i have recently installed "Call Of Duty 2", And i get the following error,

I have uploaded a screenshot on ImageShack, Here's the link

http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorzl6.png

Any help with be much appretiated !

Thanks !!!!

Relevancy 66.65%

By the way, Its Call of Duty 2.
Hey guys I recently put a new graphics card into my computer (a Geforce 7300) and I have been receiving the following message when I try to re install call of duty 2, and I hit ok and it wont go away, so I have to manually quit the program through task manager:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/Commander_Neyo/cod2error.jpg
Can somebody please help me with this matter?
Thanks, Cpt Bryan

Relevancy 66.65%

I have Call of Duty united defensive I played it on my old computer years ago now I have a new computer and uploaded the game and five minutes into the game when you get into the jeep, nothing happens and it is like the computer game locks up. Can not get it to progress further than this have reloaded the game to no avail. the computer I have now is a DELL Inpiron 531,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.623271/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys i have recently brought and installed "Called Of Duty 2", System Requirement Labs website put my performance as past the Reccomended.

But on Online and Single player modes, I lag like mad, I close all programs i can running in the background.

I'm running Windows XP SP2 and have a GeForce 7 Graphics Card, and am running 8meg Broadband

Any explanations for this strange lag?

A:Call Of Duty 2

try changing graphics options to direct x 7 instead of 9 and turn off anti aliasing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-2.584328/
Relevancy 66.65%

trying to play cod multi player has been playing fine for month. now keep getting "cd key in use try later". what's going on?? it's a store bought game.

incase u weren't aware there are cd key generator programs out there and ur key could have been duped all u can do is wait it out if u patch first b4 hack then u win key back...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.245969/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have call of duty 1 and call of duty game of the year edition installed on my computer but i dont have the disks to remove them any more. Is there anyway to do that?

A:Call Of duty Help

you shouldnt need the disks?
go to control panel , add/remove programs?
or if that dosnt work, last resort would be to physically delete the files, then run a registry scan:- www.ccleaner.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-help.554719/
Relevancy 66.65%

i have call of duty 1 but i dont have the cd`s ..i have the both cd`s in a folder i have the key and everything..and i install the cd 1 everything works fine until there when get s to 52% of the installation asks me for the cd 2..but the problem is i dont have the cd to put on the computer..i tried to record for a cd,and the game doesnt detect the cd 2..can u guys help me..

thnx

If you don't have cds for the game, where did you get it from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.614820/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently bought call of duty. I checked the bottom and it says u only need a 32mb vid card which i have but it also says it needs T and L capiblilities i wasnt sure what this meant so i bought it ne ways. But when i tried to play it it said my vid card didnt work. I tried updating the drivers but that didnt seem to work. I was wondering if t and L capiblilties had to be enabled or sumthin. I was also wondering if i should totaly uninstall my drivers and reinstall. I have a nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 vid card. NE help would be great.

Relevancy 66.65%

i have problems installing call of duty. There is always a error when i put in cd 2 and comes up a error . It tells me something is not found in the library but when i uninstall it the same error comes up and it wont work. Somebody please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot of people on this website got help and i am looking for help also. I kno people had the same problem.

A:Call of duty

Please do not create two and three threads for the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.600530/
Relevancy 66.65%

My pc P GHz MB RAM I purchased Call of Duty because my brother talked so I Call Help/ Duty Need Of highly of it when he played it at his friend s house I told him that I will install the game I Need Help/ Call Of Duty on my computer when I get back from work and told him not to install the game by himself But my dumb little brother could not wait for me to come home So he installed the game by himself He told me he didn t have problems installing the game but he knew I would be very upset at him for installing the game on my computer So he decided to delete uninstall the game before I came home But he did not know how to do this properly This is exactly how he deleted the COD files st he went to -start-programs-COD folder-deleted it nd he went to -drive c-program folder- COD folder- deleted it RD he went to -trash bin and empted the trash bin th he went to -control panel- remove software- and removed the remaining call of duty folder files As you can see he did everything wrong I cant recover those deleted files Now my pc is slow hard drive has decreased from free space to free space I tried to use disk clean up but it seems to not be working the calculating bar does not move I decided to put in the COD cd in to see if can reinstall and play I Need Help/ Call Of Duty it but when I put it in it showed that the game is already installed and I could start playing it The problem is it won t let me play the game or multiplayer at all So I concluded the Call of Duty file is still in my computer but could not be touched since my brother deleted all the folders to help with uninstalling process Please help me with my problem I don t know what else to do to get rid of those Call of Duty files or fix the problem at all IF YOU RE A PC EXPERT PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN CONACT YOU IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLZ nbsp

A:I Need Help/ Call Of Duty

follow this very carefully
1)click start run type in regedit hit enter
2)click file up top,click export and call it something you can remember.this will make a back up off your registery if something goes wrong.
if it goes wrong just import this file back to fix
3)now to get rid off call of duty.click edit up top and click on find
type in Call of Duty
4)when a entery is found delete it,(it will be highlited in the left or right window)going find next untill it finds all call off duty(deleting all)
5)once done reboot computer and reinstall call off duty.
all should be fixed,once its all working good you can delete tha backup file you exported in regedit from the folder its stored in.the default folder is My Documents folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-call-of-duty.275126/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
I've been trying to install Cod 2 on my computer. This worked out successfully. However when I'm about to start playing (i.e. after having created a profile and clicked on "Start New Game") the screen turns white and one can only see the shadows of the other cadets. Others have told me that the problem is with my Graphics Card but I don't think that that is the case since latest games such as Fifa 07 have worked brilliantly on my computer. Thank you in advance for your help.

Relevancy 66.65%

hi, need ur help, can Galaxy GT 730 2GB DDR3 128bit video card perform well in this game?

A:call of duty 4

it will run but you will have to turn down some of the settings.. it wont be very good quality gameplay but it will work.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,146235.0.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone I want to thank the two people that helped my with my Call of Duty installation problem It worked and I got Call of Duty to run But now I have another problem with my Call of Duty United Offensive game Everytime I have tried to install it I get the same message quot Another version of this product is already installed Installation of this version cannot continue To configure or remove the existing version of this product use Add Remove Programs on the Control Panal A E - A - CF - -D B quot I have went through and deleted everything that had to do with Call of Duty United Offensive I even uninstalled the CoD UO SP demo and I even went through the Registry Edit and deleted the file A E - A - CF - -D B under LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall But now I am stuck I have tried everything I can think of to install it Does of with Help Duty... Call again. anyone else know of any way I could possibly install it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-call-of-duty-again.559964/
Relevancy 66.65%

I can play call of duty demo just fine but when I try to play the full version from the main start menu I click on the diff. level (greenhorn) the game will not start. my pc is up to specs. I am runnung nvidia gforce 4 and all drivers are up dated. I can run MoAaa,enter matrix,splinter cell, max payne2, lords of everquest and a few other large games with no problems. please any body help.

A:call of duty will not run

Any error messages ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-will-not-run.197294/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently bought call of duty, and I meet all the requirements, and the game runs on my computer, but I go to play the game, and in the training mode, the background, like the trees are flickering/ leaving tracers. I have talked to a couple people and they said turn down all the graphics on the game and that didnt work, and i was told to download the latest drivers and i did but that didnt work either, please help!?

Relevancy 66.65%

My brother has call of duty and plays it on a 2.4ghtz laptop and it looks and plays well,my mate tried it on a 3.2ghtz-HP desktop with a good ati 3d card-only 3 weeks old and it crash's all the time time?-do you know why?

Could be a variaty of issues.
CoD has some definite hardware requirements to run correctly. Verify that you meet or exceed these.
Update your drivers including sound.
If your friend is running the game with all the bells & whistles in his video card settings on try toning them down.
Limit applications running in the background.
Scrub your harddrive of junk (adware/spyware etc.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty.230533/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys, wondering if you could help. When I load my game (call of duty) it takes forever to go into the game. Multiplayer. But when I take my ethernet cable out of my router it loads straight away.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thankyou
Smurfy

A:Call of duty- loading

Doesn't anyone have an answer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-loading.689850/
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought this game for my nephew and I would like to copy because I know he will destroy it at some point. I made the ISO images and burned it onto the discs and I am able to install from it, but I am not able to play the game from it. Did I do something wrong and is there a way to copy the game?
THanks

A:Copy Call of Duty 2.. help

You didn't do anything wrong, the copyright protection prevents it from running without the original CD in the drive. This is to keep pirates fom mass producing coppied games and unfortunately also keeps people with "legitimate" reasons from producing fully functional coppies. There are ways around it but breaking copyright protection schemes is illegal in most countries and is a topic topic that is forbiden to discuss in this forum as explained in the tech support guy FAQ. This thread will most likely be closed when reviewed by a moderator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-call-of-duty-2-help.443368/
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently purchased Call of Duty 2, I am a problem playing the game. When I click Start Single Player, an error comes up that says video card or driver needs to be updated. I am trying find a driver that I can download so I can play the game. Here are my Specs:

Windows XP Home Edition
446 MB RAM
VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP 64MB
DirectX 9.0

So if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appricated.

Thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

I think I have figured it out. The reason why my Call of Duty United Offensive game won't install is beause it's still under Add/Remove programs. However, I cannot get it off of there. It doesn't say change/remove like the other programs on there, it just says Used: Frequently, Last Used On: 4/9/2007. I do not know how to remove it from the Add or Remove programs list or how to get it all off of my computer. I need some help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-my-call-of-duty-uo-wont-install.560302/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am unable to call in artillery through my binoculars no matter what I do. I look at the tanks from the rooftop (Hold the Line mission) the screen says to use (F) to call in artillery but no matter how long or how many times I press (F) it will not do anything and will not send in artillery to destroy the tanks. Can anyone please help me out with this. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-2-for-mac-problems.696016/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm having a problem, I don't know whether its CoD4 is at fault, my ps3 or my actuall internet, but I'm posting it here as It seems to be CoD4's.

Whats happening is that I keep ending up with one bar of signal throughout the game and it's becoming unbearable to play. However the problem is the signal strength on my PS3 is ~ 70-75%.

Anybody else had a problem similar or know whats up?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey i'm bored of my same old custom classes on call of duty 4. are'nt you? Well everyone can post there own classes here then we can use them and talk about them maybe even have a debate. so go on. step out of line soldier!

Relevancy 65.79%

X p best graphics card, hi speed internet
I was getting Punkbusted and prompt advised me to down load 1.5 patch to fix. i was using 1.3 . When I attempted to down load, it said it could not verify my cod 2 keys even though they are correct, I reentered them, still same message, it also sugested reload the disks, i did. Got same message, and now when I turn the game on. Error message
states "Error during instillation, miles 2D sound card allocation failed on row channel" this is way beyond me, I just want to play. never had trouble with patches before. on the assumption that it may take a long time for your suggestion I will reload one more time. so much work just to play a game?? thanks in advance ,Gary Brooks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-1-5-patch.595715/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm trying to update my copy od Call of Duty World at War. i am using XP 64 bit edition. it allowed me to updat to ver. 1.1 but when i try to update to 1.2 I get error that says failed install. Help!

A:XP 64 bit and Call of Duty World At War

How's your internet connection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-64-bit-and-call-of-duty-world-at-war-376894.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I recently bought call of duty 4 and a pc version of the x box 360 controller and cant seem to make it work with the game. Any suggestions? Cheers. Scott

A:x box pc controler for call of duty 4

i would think they would have some info about suing 360 controller with PC on xbox.com. I dont think you need a drive but i could be wrong. Most probably the option to enable use of external perhiprehal (360 controller) would be somewhere in the COD4 menu, opts, ect. try looking there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/x-box-pc-controler-for-call-of-duty-4.669671/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I decided to undust my copy of CoD4 and I remember something that I have always wanted to ask but kept forgetting to do so.

In the map "Death from Above" the one where you are onboard of a C-130 and get to play with 25mm + all the heavy guns , I have noticed that if you blow up the church, you failed of course, but inmediately after that, your picture is not only clearer but crispier as well.

I noticed the changed with both my rigs and video cards (8800GT 512mb & my GTX260)... has anyone ever see this?

On another token, and since this is my favorite map in the Single Player Campaign, I got to play the Arcade Mode in Hardcore and my score was 316240 the first time out... what's your best score? Sure you could lie but, why?

A:Call of Duty 4... Couple of Q's

no idea...........

but what was the differance stepping up from an 8800gt to a 260? worth the cash? im due a new card and looking at a 295 (with the addition of a new psu) I could get away with a 260 with this psu , im not sure if it'll be that much of a step up though this 8800gt is a fantastic card

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/229816-call-duty-4-couple-qs.html
Relevancy 65.79%

the problem is i just reinstalled windows have done it a few times not a new thing and successful all the time exept maybe this time i reinstalled windows and formatted both harddrives i have installed mozzilla a firewall and antivirus modem drivers adobe flash player ventrillo xfire video card drivers direct X c and call of duty i click the exe on desktop and nothing happens no quot Call of Duty quot pre-load mini screen thing and i have gone to quot D Program Files Call of duty - Modern Warfare quot and run the exe iw mp exe manually and still nothing i have had task manager open and then run it again to check to see if it duty the...?? call what of 4, Solved: actually started a proccess and it didn t nothing happens its just nothing why am i missing something help please also my internet has slowed down EDIT i have discovered that its because most of my drivers are out of Solved: call of duty 4, what the...?? date video card is on the driver from the disk but when i hit quot microsoft update quot or quot windows update quot it says its checking what drivers are out of date on the microsoft site then it says quot internet explorer cannot connect to webpage quot how can i update EDIT upgated and it wasn t that causeing the problem still wont run EDIT problem solved just reinstalled twice and it Solved: call of duty 4, what the...?? sorta fixed itself some things we shal never know lol nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-call-of-duty-4-what-the.712199/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have just purchased a new desktop for my son running vista premium home and he cannot install call of duty 2. Is it a problem with the 32 bit, any ideas?

A:Call of duty problem

Hello b wickham,
When you say he cant "install" COD 2, is there an error message of any sort ?.
Have you tried to install it as an administrator ?, explore the CD and right click on the installer exe, choose "run as administrator", and try again.
You could try compatibility mode too.
Also can you post your system specs, thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/240126-call-duty-problem.html
Relevancy 65.79%

ah i have some problems with being able to play call of duty (the first oen) funny as it sounds, i get this within the COD console saying 6078 files in pk3 files
execing default_mp.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
couldn't exec config_mp.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec_mp.cfg
========= autoconfigure
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
configure_mp.csv not found.
i dont know how to fix it, i've reinstalled it about 50times over 24hours, i have no idea what the problem is, any chance i can get some help?, if more info is needed please leave me a msg

Cheers
Zaltais

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-problems.742847/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all,

I had installed Call of Duty 2 in my pc with Windows Vista OS, after i installed and try to run it, it will pop up an erro saying that "DirectX(R) encountered an unrecovered error, check the DirectX(R) FAQ for possible solutions"

The Call of duty 2 requires DirectX 9.0c, but i try to get what version does my pc has is the DirectX 10 version, which is built-in installed on Vista.

I also tried to install the DirectX 9.0c version but still it wont work.

How do I fix this problem in order to play games?

My computer specs:

* Intel celeron 420
* 256 mb ddr2 extended 512 memory
* 80 gb hdd
* intel gma 950 graphics
Thanks

A:Call of Duty 2 on Vista

What does DirectX report when attempting to install DirectX 9.0c? Any error message? Screenshot?

You have attempted to install this version of DirectX?, yeah? Those are the latest...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en.

ps...how you run Vista on those specs is beyond me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-2-on-vista.729450/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just got Call of Duty 2 for the Pc and have a Xbox 360 USB controller. I plugged it in, but when I looked for a option to use a gamepad, it wasn't there. Does CoD2 allow gamepads?

A:Gamepad with Call of Duty 2?

adthrawn said:

I just got Call of Duty 2 for the Pc and have a Xbox 360 USB controller. I plugged it in, but when I looked for a option to use a gamepad, it wasn't there. Does CoD2 allow gamepads?Click to expand...

Not sure. But its alot easier to use the keyboard. IMHO.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gamepad-with-call-of-duty-2.585167/
Relevancy 65.79%

Simply, when I try to run single player on CoD2, I get this error message:

"Please insert the correct CD/DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application"

I own a legit copy of the game, and disk one (the playing disk out of all 6 installation disks) is in the drive of my laptop. I don't think this is a vista or a computer specs issue. For the specs on my laptop goes way beyond the requirements and I've already set the game running on "XP compatibility" and with "Administrator Privileges".

From what I've looked up so far there seems to be no clear solution to this problem, and it occurs on a XP OS as well.

Would you guys mind helping me out? Much thanks.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys and gals!

I've searched to no avail...

Recently upgraded to a new machine.

Intel Core2 Quad Q9400
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Nvidia 8800GT 512MB
Vista Home Premium x64 SP1

Single player is perfect. but when I attempt to play on-line, I'm getting constant lag issues. It lags for a .5 secs every 5-10 secs of play. It's not my ISP or my network because I've tried it on my old system on the same home network (Pent IV 3.0 ghz) with no issues.

Any thoughts?

A:Call of Duty 4 Problems

hm...i think...what i feel is! the problem maybe
1) virus?
2) registry?
3) services on Task Manager?
4) and lastly....do you ald install your DirectX?

hehe :P try to check one by one k...

and hope you enjoy your game!
by then...i finished played Call of Duty 4...its cool...and i managed to finish until Veteran for 2 weeks only! haha! so?

do you juz start playing it? hm..wish you good luck when you wanna shot Imran Zakahev...at the last scene! hehe :P wish u all the best and enjoy the game!

dont forget to use game cheats after you finished one level of your game

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/188864-call-duty-4-problems.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ever since I got a new graphic cards I havent been able to have a nice fps flow.
Even on lowest textures and graphics I still lagg.

I got the newest drivers for my graphic card, so it's not that.
I even went better to play on my old graphic card which was worse then my current.

I have a laptop that isnt as good as my stationary. But it can play cod4 on a average level.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

My specs:
2 GB Ram.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
328.7 GB of harddrive space.

I use xp.

A:Call of Duty 4 fps lagg.

Thats weird...
dont play call of duty 4 on PC cuz u need a good computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4-fps-lagg.724517/
Relevancy 65.79%

this might not be askin for muchh but i cant find this on the web any where...i am an admin on a server and i would like to know some commands for console..like i know /rconpassword ***** to set it butt anyone know any others?

greatly appreciated for any help

Relevancy 65.79%

hello guys i need some help my prblem i i done a system restore. before my system restore i uninstalled call of duty 2. after the systemn restore the game came back but when i tried to uninstall nothing happend so i looked up how to uninstall manually i did it but the call of duty symbol is still in the uninstall program list plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-uninstall-call-of-duty-2-plz-help.722966/
Relevancy 65.79%

I would like to know what UBYTE4N vertex data has to do with anything, i tried to put Call Of Duty 4 on my Windows Vista computer, but is said that the video and drivers weren't meeting the UBYTE4N vertex data. What is this exactly?

A:Call Of Duty 4 Problem.

sounds like you have a onboard graphics card to me, if this is the case then that will be reason it wont work. with regards to what the actual error means i am not sure
see this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f24/...ta-199079.html

.aaron

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/call-of-duty-4-problem-236454.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a really powerful machine and i still get fps problems on cod4. I have a intel quad core chip, 4 gb ram and 2 8800GTX's running SLI in this machine so it should not be a problem. Im running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I get 125fps constant most of the time but it sometimes drops to as low as 80, this is when i have it on any graphics setting. I thought it might be resolution but i only have a 19" widescreen running at 1440x900. Surely with my poweful system i should get 125fps constant on at least medium graphics. I have also checked many times that SLI is enabled and according to the nvidia control panel it is. So does anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 65.79%

I installed call of duty 2 on windows vista and when i try to start it it says Directx® has an unrecoverable error. does cod 2 not work with vista? what is going on? any help is appreciated.

A:Call Of Duty 2 Game

hi,,,, cod2 should play,,,, go to microsoft site and download DirectX9 then give it a go,,,, worked for me on a few games that were borderline vista compat,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137474/call-of-duty-2-game/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am having a problem playing this game, when I click on play it tells me that it has failed to initialize the renderer, to ensure the video card meets the the min requirements or that the video drivers are up to date. How do I update the drivers and how can I check that my video card meets the min requirments?

A:w w 2 sniper call of duty

Please dont double post.

What video card do you have? You can useually download the latest drivers from
their web site.

Also, on the games' package (Useually on the back or side), it should display minimum and
recommended requirements. Just make sure your system is up to par with it. If you are not
sure, post the games minimum requirements, followed by your systems specs, and we will
let you know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w-w-2-sniper-call-of-duty.587800/
Relevancy 65.79%

HELP, I have a wirless network for playing Call of Duty 2. Just added a fast? new computer with Vista. Ping for old computers are half of what the new computer is doing on the same shared wireless network. I can only think it is Vista as all other hardware on the new computer is equivalent or better. Maybe it is the new NVidea g force 8300, others are ATI radion 9550 and Radion 9200.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-2-lag-with-vista.715618/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am having a problem with either XP or Call of Duty and I am hoping someone can help me with this I installed Call of Duty on a new XP machine while I was logged in as administrator This PC has several different user accounts all with admin rights except one where the kids have access This account is limited of or XP? for Call permission Duty All of the game were installed the exact same way under admin and work fine under the kids account except Call of Duty When the kids access the game a request comes forward asking for the game to be played as administrator or I get an error stating that I maybe low on hard disk disk space unused When I change the account status from limited to admin it works fine and the game works with any other user with the admin privileges as well I have tried to un-installing and re-installing but it makes no difference Does anyone know how I can set permission for Call of Duty or XP? up XP Media Center or Call of Duty to work with the limited account status applied I did find a permission that I granted to all users to be able to run all programs This has had no effect I also do not want to provide to much permission to the limited users Thanks Patrick nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/permission-for-call-of-duty-or-xp.560859/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a new HP Touchscreen with 4 megs of ram, dual core, and windows vista 64. I load call of duty and it loads but will not run and says their is a missing dll file. from direct x. Obviously Windows vista 64 has direct x 10, and COD4 runs from Direct x 9. When I go to install direct x 9 it says that I cannot install due to another application of direct x running. HELP?

A:Call of Duty 4 Problem

Have you tried installing the latest DX? Latest DirectX Update

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/187116-call-duty-4-problem.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I installed the new patch 1.4 for call of duty and when I refresh the servers i get like 4000 severs and it only shows like 20. THe pings are high and when I get off call of duty my internet connect is very very slow, cant get on AIM after COD4, i have to wait about 5 min for my internet to work again. I looked it up on google, other people have the same problem and i found no answer. If anything, how can I uninstall the patch or can i fix this?

Relevancy 65.79%

I had a VPU Recover problem but fixed that by turning it off. Now it just freezes up with no 'error.' I can still hear stuff, but the screen doesnt change, i cant exit or anything. ctrl alt del doesnt work, nor does alt-tabing. i installed it on a friends computer and it ran fine... any ideas?
-Charlie

2500+ Barton, 9800 Pro, 1gig of RAM, Audigy 2 Platinum, Asus A7N8X2.0, DirectX 9.0b

A:Call of Duty freezing up

i ran the demo of that game on a Radeon 9700 PC and it kept doing that.

the way i got it to NOT lock up is:

Go to Control Panel

Go to Apearance and Themes

Go to Change Screen resolution

go to the Advanced button find where the OpenGL anti-aliasing and anisotropic filter is and either turn them OFF are turn them to 2x

this solved the problem on my freind PC (with call of duty demo)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-freezing-up.180582/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just purchased cod2 and when I place disk in d drive it will not install , I keep getting place disk in drive over and over. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can give this pc dummy

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I am new to this site just made my account today so I apologize in advance for anything that I do wrong I have a problem with my Call of Duty game I bought the Call of Duty Warchest and everytime I go to install Call of Duty this would be Call of Duty a mesage comes up that says quot Setup Call my Duty of with game Help has Help with my Call of Duty game detected that you already have Call of Duty TM Game Of The Year Edition installed Please click OK to exit the setup quot I have already uninstalled my other Call of Duty game awhile ago when I lost the cd and couldn t get Help with my Call of Duty game it to play I have even searched for Call of Duty Game Of The Year Edition on my computer but I can t seem to find it I don t know what s going on Could the old CoD Game Of The Year Edition still be on my computer somewhere or is there something wrong with my game nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

hey guys my game of call od duty 2 wont open up it brings an error like directx(R)error and dont know what to do and im a teen my pc is a windows xp and im wondering if you can help me

Relevancy 65.79%

I've been looking towards getting the new call of duty 4 game for my pc and I just printed out my computer specs and compared it to the game specs and I think Im good to get it except for my video card. It says I need at least a Radeon 9800pro and i have, i guess, a Radeon X300 SE card for my primary and secondary display adapter on my xp. Do I need a new card and if i do how much will it cost me?

Relevancy 65.79%

i just wanna say this cause my games its working 100% fine but i go online and theres some guys hacking like using aim bot,and i really hate that..do u guys know where i can get hacks for call of duty 4 for free. so i can kick they`re ***** too..thnx..

Relevancy 65.79%

This USA Today article reminded me of when I used to play Medal of Honor on my old desktop PC (now dead and gone). My question is this: while Call of Duty 3 may not work on my newer ThinkPad notebook (WinXP), will Call of Duty 2? I'm currently able to rune Quake III Arena with no problems. (There's even a small but independent graphics chip on my ThinkPad.)

I'd like to put a good first-person/team shooter on my laptop but I don't want to buy it and have it not work properly.

Relevancy 65.79%

i just got a new windows vista 64bit computer with a good video card 6 gig ram etc. i have installed call of duty 2 but when i try to open muiltiplayer it says a program has closed or prevented it from opening. single player works fine. running 1.00 pathc do i need to update? calling nerds i need help!!

A:call of duty 2 vista 64 bit

bump

i really need help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/call-of-duty-2-vista-64-bit-291389.html