Windows Support Forum

Seagate HDD not being recognized by my computer

Q: Seagate HDD not being recognized by my computer

Hello,
I gotta Seagate USB 2.0 500 GB Expansion drive. Its been working just fine on my computer up until a couple days ago. For some reason the latest windows 7 update must have messed up the formatting of it, now its not being recognized on my laptop at all. Shows up as a local disk...very frustrating. I've tried almost everything I could think of. I've tried assigning a partition letter in disk management, uninstalling the software, trying it on different computers, system restore...nothing. I don't wanna result in having to reformat it and lose what I got. Could somebody please help me???

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Seagate HDD not being recognized by my computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Seagate HDD not being recognized by my computer

You may try to scan and check your hard drive for possible errors using Seagate's Seatools for Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hdd-not-being-recognized-by-my-computer.203258/
Relevancy 73.1%

My Seagate 1Tb hard drive has connected to my girlfriends pc and is recognised in 'devices and printers' and also in 'disk management', however I am unable to view it in 'my computer'. I have tried to rename it but the computer says the operation failed due to the disk management console not being up to date. I have restarted the computer and the disk manager but both have failed. The Seagate hard drive work perfectly fine on other computers but I can't work out why it doesn't on hers.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks kris

A:Seagate HD not recognized in my computer

What OS? Can you manually enter the drive letter in the address bar? (Get the letter from disk manager)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hd-not-recognized-in-my-computer.188789/
Relevancy 59.77%

My External HD won't show up in My Computer anymore.

It does not show in device manager or disk manager to even assign a letter path to it

I've Tried these steps and still no luck
- restarting computer
- refreshing content of my computer
- un plug and re plug
- device manager settings
- disk manager settings

in my device manager i see this under Disk Drives:
ST3320620AS ATA Device (working properly)

Disk manager errors -

Base System Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_028A1028&REV_12\4&B4D00C5&0&32F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E24&SUBSYS_028A1028&REV_03\3&11583659&0&18 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Don't think either of these are it.
Can it just be dead? the green lights show its on and i believe is working

A:External Seagate HD won't be recognized

The green lights don't mean anything more than 5 volts is being supplied to the drive, but the drive can still be bad or corrupted... You must back up important data to non-volatile media like CD, DVD or Blu-Ray discs, and not rely on mechanical devices like hard disk drives or even solid state media

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-seagate-hd-wont-be-recognized.173015/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,
When attempting to back up files to my new external drive, the drive was not recognized by my computer. After reading other threads, I was able to assign a drive letter via disk management and run a backup. My question is, do I need to go thru this exercise EVERY time I plug in the external drive via the USB? Is there a way to make the drive map permanent? I had to do this again today to see the external drive with a drive letter via Start menu /Computer

A:Seagate 2TB external drive not recognized

When you buy a brand new drive from the shelf, there is no partition or partition letter on the drive. That you have to assign once and it will be good for the life of the drive (unless you change it later).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387671-seagate-2tb-external-drive-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 59.34%

It works on my other PC which is also windows 7 but does not work on my alienware laptop...

Reformatted to FAT32 from NTFS but still the same...

It recognizes my other fat32 usb stick...

Uninstalled driver and tried re-installed but device manager cannot find drivers through windows update or by searching c:\windows...

Does not show up in disk management at all...

When I connect it makes the device not recognized sound...

A:Seagate Portable 500GB Not Recognized

Before doing the below, try other USB ports on laptop.

Try:
- remove Seagate from PC
- restart
- run DriveCleanup as admin - Drive Tools for Windows
- restart
- plug in Seagate try to install

If that fails try deleting USB upper/lower filters: How to Delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters Registry Values

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374129-seagate-portable-500gb-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I pulled two Seagate hard drives out of my older PC's -bit and would like to be able to read them on my new PC However I cannot get on recognized HD's new Explorer Seagate Windows not PC... by my new PC -bit to recognize them It recognizes a Maxtor and another Seagate just fine but not these two in question They are as follows Seagate Barracuda GB RPM both are model ST A What's crazy is I see that my PC recognizes them in quot Computer Management Disk Management quot Seagate HD's not recognized by Windows Explorer on new PC... for a while then it disappears It doesn't give me the Seagate HD's not recognized by Windows Explorer on new PC... chance of assigning a drive letter to them When I open up Disk Management I don't see these hard drives BTW I am using an quot adapter quot in other words the hard drive is laying in front of me and I can plug unplug it as needed for testing These are IDE not SATA hard drives I have changed the jumpers on the hard drives from initially quot master quot to quot slave quot then to quot cable select quot without any luck Please advise

A:Seagate HD's not recognized by Windows Explorer on new PC...

I've generally had poor results using adapters -- which I'm forced to do these days since my newer motherboard-based PCs don't have IDE drive cable sockets anymore. I often have to connect, unconnect, reconnect several times before I see the drive actually being recognized.

Also, some drives work better in this setup if there are no jumpers set. You should try that to see if it makes any difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353974-seagate-hds-not-recognized-windows-explorer-new-pc.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have Seagate external hard drives of various sizes plus one Iomega GB HDD all of which have been working perfectly for a long time All are passed through a D-Link USB hub to my laptop Recently I had to clear out the space they re sitting on so I unplugged all the drives recognized Seagate not drives external and laptop and put everything in a box on a shelf for about a week before putting everything back together When everything was plugged back in none of the Seagates were recognized by the laptop but the Iomega is still working fine recognized and is accessible Also any of my flash drives I plug into the hub is recognized and works OK Neither Device Manager nor Disk Manager show the Seagates but they do show the Iomega I ve tried most of the suggestions Seagate external drives not recognized I ve found on the Internet including new drivers unplugging the power cord bypassing the hub etc I plugged one of them into my office HP laptop and it doesn t recognize the Seagate either So my thoughts are that the hub is fine the laptop s fine there s just something wrong with the Seagates yet it s odd that they all failed at the same time because I stored them away for a while Anyone have any suggestions Specs For the Seagate HDD s model number I have is ST A which is GB ST A GB and a GB all quot Push Seagate external drives not recognized Button quot USB Laptop is an eMachines M Windows XP SP AMD GHz MB RAM nbsp

A:Seagate external drives not recognized

When you plug in the Seagates (one by one), put them up to your ear and make sure they are spinning up properly. If you here any clicking then it might be the drive. Also, hold the drive horizontally in your hands and move it in a circular motion. If you feel a cyntripical force, then the platters are spinning. Seagate has been know to have faulty external drives. Let us know what you find out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-drives-not-recognized.118242/
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer does not recognize my Seagate external hard drive. What can I do? If you need anymore info let me know. Thanks in advance.

I've checked their website and tried to follow their diagnostic device, but it didn't help.

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500gb, with the dreaded 0LBA problem.

I used Victoria from HDDGURU and it recognized it. Unfortunately ALL documentation is in Russian and even when i translated it through Systran i really couldnt make any sence

What i want is a way to take the data from this drive and copy it to another... I couldnt care less about the hardware, i can RMA it anytime i want....

Is there an Disk Director program that bypasses BIOS detection procedures?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Relevancy 58.91%

So i have a seagate 1tb external HDD, and it's been plugged into my desktop computer, with network sharing turned on, but our wifi is password protected, so i don't know if that has that much to do with it.
anywhos, my computer likes to restart and sometimes not start back up on occasion, and the last time it did this, my hard drive wouldn't be recognized. I went through troubleshooting on the seagate website, and in the device manager, the HDD is there. upon unplugging, it doesn't show up, so the DM is correct. But when i go to "My Computer" (XP home edition), nothing is showing up. Any ideas/suggestions?

A:seagate recognized but not recognized.

note- it does spin up when i plug it in and everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-recognized-but-not-recognized.935294/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi. I'm running XP, SP2. Windows was installed on a 160g Maxtor drive, and I also had a 300g Seagate drive (ST3300620A). I had Norton System Works (2007) with Antivirus and GoBack running. I wanted to run a full system virus scan, so I ran Live Update. After Live Update finished, it advised me to restart the machine. I attempted to restart the machine, and it seemed to hang up, so I hit the "interrupt" button. After that, Windows would not start, not even in safe mode. I reinstalled Windows, and everything seems to run normal, but the Seagate drive does not show up in "My Computer" and I cannot access it in a command window. The device manager sees it and says it is working properly. How can I regain access to it?

A:[SOLVED] Seagate 300g drive not recognized

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Can you see it in Disk Management?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-seagate-300g-drive-not-recognized-186542.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone,

I bought a 350 GB External Seagate Back-up and used for about 7 months. Now I cannot access it even though the computer recognize it. I check in the "command" and I was told that it is a RAW. I tried many recover softwares but none of them have fixed it. I tried to a IDE/SATA connection but failed too. Now what should I do? It almost 5 months without using it, please anyone can help?

Regards

A:External Seagate Back is recognized but cannot be opened!

Can you post a screenshot of Disk Management? Make sure to maximize the window and adjust the columns/rows to show as much relevant info as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/224672-external-seagate-back-recognized-but-cannot-opened.html
Relevancy 58.48%

(I have a windows 7 x64) I'm trying to boot from a usb and I followed an online video to make my goflex booteable. I basically fudged up but i managed to format it back to the original NTFS format with absolutely no files on it. When I go to Windows->Computer the drive isnt there! I went to Computer->(right click) manage and went to the disk management section and the drive is there! but i can't add any files to it from there . any help? Also, when i plug in the drive, i hear the usual sound when i plug any usb in, then i can choose to safely eject my seagate goflex! but i can't open the drive to put files in it!

A:Solved: seagate goflex external hdd not recognized

nevermind! I just had to add a drive letter to be able to access it! for anyone interested, computer(right click) manage ->disk management. click on the disk (then right click) add drive letter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-seagate-goflex-external-hdd-not-recognized.1055134/
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought a Seagate Freeagent 250g external hard drive about 4 years ago and have not any problems with it since. Recently however, after an especially rough moving trip, my computer no longer recognizes the external drive. The power light on the external drive does not turn on either. Everything else I plug in works, so I know it cannot be the computer. I have tried using different cables, trying it on other people's computers and nothing works. In fact, whenever I plug in the external drive, the entire computer slows down significantly and then gets notically faster when I disconnect the sick external drive. Do these descriptions of the problem sound like anything anyone out there has ever come across? Please forward some info if you can. I would really hate to lose all the sentimental files I have in there. Thank you.

Relevancy 58.48%

Can not view my external usb hard drive. I have another usb drive installed without issue. The invisible drive appears to be "dead". Check with Voltage Meter and the power supply for the drive is working. Is there any way to recover the data? Luckily I have the data backed up on another drive.

A:Seagate External Hard Drive Not Recognized

Does the drive show up in computer management? Go to start>Computer>(Right click)>Manage?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-recognized.957610/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I have a Seagate FreeAgent Go external drive that I have used frequently in the past to backup and store data. My laptop (Win7) is not recognizing it when I plug it in now. I have been through Disk Management and Device Management, but haven't figured out what's wrong yet. The computer does make a small sound both when I plug in the USB cable and when I remove it, but I cannot find any access to the drive. I may have removed some files that the Seagate drive came with inadvertently when removing some data. I've been to Seagate's support site, and was able to install the "Seagate Manager", which also now does not recognize that a Seagate drive is plugged in. Any ideas on how to get this drive to come up?

A:Seagate FreeAgent Go external drive not recognized

Did you fully check in the bottom-right panel of Disk Management to see if a ribbon for the external drive is shown there ? (it will have no letter and no model name and may also be labelled as "Raw").

Check again and if it's there, right-click it and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths".
Then click "New", choose a letter and click 'OK'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-freeagent-go-external-drive-not-recognized.1078073/
Relevancy 58.48%

ok first thanks in advance for your attention to this I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite P connect to Seagate Go Flex thru USB port - the drive is recognized on another lap top so it works - the port on this computer recognized a portable usb so it works along with an OLDER seagate external - when I pull up the computer panel the Seagate is not showing up under disk management but IS showing Toshiba by Flex Seagate recognized Laptop not Go up under other devices I have spent hours and hours on this - someone at Toshiba said something about changing Bios settings but I am very gun shy on doing that especially since I use this computer for my job and if I mess it up I am out if you get me Seagate Go Flex not recognized by Toshiba Laptop so what the heck I have searched A MILLION Seagate Go Flex not recognized by Toshiba Laptop forums and been on with both Toshiba and Seagate for hours - hats off to anyone that knows a simple solution to this - thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-go-flex-not-recognized-by-toshiba-laptop.1079577/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone I have a Seagate ST A GB ultra ata drive that will spin up but is not being recognized in either of two systems The drive came out of a pc that was Seagate in not drive Solved: bios recognized dying and I just rebuilt I thought I had copied all the files I needed off of this drive But now have figured out that of all Solved: Seagate drive not recognized in bios the Solved: Seagate drive not recognized in bios things for me to forget I didn t get the outlook pst file UGGG I ve called a couple of local computer shops The conscensus is that if it spins up but isn t recognized then the controller card on the drive is probably bad If that is the case I m being told that there s no hope Is it true that there s no hope if the controller card is bad What are the chances of me taking this apart and replacing the controller card from an identical drive I think I ve set all the jumpers correctly for the drive I can t remember if jumpers will prevent it from being recognized in the bios I think I ve tried all of the options though Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Seagate drive not recognized in bios

yes when the controller card on a hard drive goes dead then its usually comes to a dead end, personally i have never tried to rip it open and try to replace the controller card, something you could try and do if you wanted to try it, but wouldnt get your hopes up. as far as the jumpers go it doesnt matter where you put it on the hard drive it would show up in the system somewhere you would just have some conflicts going on that would let you know that you need to redo your settings on your drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-seagate-drive-not-recognized-in-bios.539412/
Relevancy 58.48%

My Seagate Expansion drive is not being recognized on my laptop or any other computer that I have tried to put it on. It worked for a while

It is fairly new and I have about 500gb on it so far and I don't want to lose any of my data because most of it is my university files.

I don't know why this is happening and I also can't even change the drive letter, I really don't know much about computers but this forum seems to help people, hope someone can help me Please.
Thank you.

A:Seagate 1TB Expansion Drive is not being recognized on my laptop

Hi furstyear, Welcome to SevenFoeums.( I missed it. )

Please go through this troubleshooter and check whether it helps. Seagate Technology

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/243741-seagate-1tb-expansion-drive-not-being-recognized-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently purchased a Seagate Momentus hard drive and a Sabrent USB SATA Hard Drive flat docking station to connect via usb to my Dell XPS L x laptop Upon putting the hard drive in the external enclosure and connecting to my laptop via usb my computer is not recognizing this external hard drive in disk management I can see it in device manager and it is listed as quot Jmicron SCSI Disk Device quot I can also see it in devices and printer listed as quot Jmicron quot However it is not recognized or listed in disk management and file explorer I am a novice when it comes to hardware issues as I am more of a software guy but I have tried everything I can find on the net to no avail ie uninstalling and installing the drivers using seagate utilities I cannot also see it in Seagates applications disabling fast startup windows devices and printers troubleshooting etc I suspect maybe incorrectly that this device is showing up as quot Jmicron SCSI disk device quot instead of a SATA drive but that is coming from someone who again does not know alot about the device hardware side I would like to make this external drive a full Win. 10 Not External SATA Hard Recognized Seagate 3.0 Drive USB backup for my windows laptop and any assistance that could be provided would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks for any help you may be

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/63983-usb-3-0-seagate-sata-external-hard-drive-not-recognized-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a TB Seagate GoFlex Desk external hard drive that works fine on my previous Windows XP computer I know very old but is not recognized at all not drive Disk 10 Windows 2TB (no Management) recognized Seagate on my less-than-a-year old Toshiba laptop S -C running Windows I have been through support with Seagate Microsoft and Toshiba with each of them point the finger at the 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management) other with no resolution According to Seagate the drive is compatible with Windows and should work Unlike other users' problems 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management) I've read my Windows PC does not 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management) recognize the external hard drive anywhere - no sound recognizing something is there when plugging in nothing in This PC My Computer and nothing shows in Disk Management or Device Manager So unlike many others I am unable to just do a partitioning to assign a letter via Disk Management - the computer doesn't even recognize it's there The Seagate drive however does light up when plugged into the Windows computer and as I mentioned still works perfectly on the Windows XP machine where it is accessible via My Computer I have tested every USB port on the Windows machine and all work fine with other drives and peripherals so it's not a hardware issue Also I have moved all my data from the Seagate drive onto a nd external drive so losing data is not an issue I even reformatted the Seagate drive NTFS via the Windows XP machine but that did not change anything Also I have never used the Seagate software to manage the drive which is not compatible with Windows on either PC and it has always worked fine without the software Finally the Toshiba Windows PC is up to date with Windows Updates I'm tired of being bounced around with zero help from Seagate Microsoft and Toshiba Can anyone here help I really hate to have a perfectly good TB drive become useless with all future PCs Thank you

A:2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management)

my first suggestion to you is the test that our disk drive in another PC and see if it recognizes it

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52394-2tb-seagate-drive-not-recognized-windows-10-no-disk-management.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a SeaGate external drive and for some reason my computer will not recognize it. It makes the noise that it knows something has been plugged in, but I never get the icon in the tray and I never get a drive letter. I've tried plugging it into another computer and it works fine there. That computer recognized it and all of my files are still on the drive. I can plug an iPod in and it recognizes that just fine. Can someone please help me??

Relevancy 58.05%

My Seagate 1tb external hd is not recognized by the usb 3 ports,  the usb 2 port works fine.  Had the same problem with the same drive on my ASUS q302la and was advised by ASUS to disable legacy usb support in the bios and that worked, but there is no similar bios switch in the Starwars bios.

A:Seagate external hard drive not recognized by usb 3 port.

Hello @jerryemery, Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I read your post about the USB port issue, and wanted to assist you! Try reviewing the following resource, and let me know if it helps:USB 3.0 External Hard Drive not recognized in Windows 8.1/10(Not an HP supported Web site). Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Seagate-external-hard-drive-not-recognized-by-usb-3-port/td-p/5562286
Relevancy 58.05%

My Seagate Gb external drive is no longer recognized its an unknown device-how to replace the small circuit board inside 'not as Maxtor use recognized'-how Seagate external internal drive hdd? to the external hard drives casing which connects the psu and pin sata cable to the hdd Seagate Maxtor external drive 'not recognized'-how to use as internal hdd? I think the board is the cause for the device not being recognized The drive has stopped functioning although it whirrs and its light comes on every single time I connect it to the pc The drive and its content do not show in devices I have an unrecognized device and many usb devices that shouldnt be there I found out that moving the usb cable gently at the hdd connectors end has helped show the drives content in the past but now its not working or showing anything at all so I think the circuit board inside the casing that connects the hdd to the usb and power supply may have been the problem from the start The drive connects with a standard psu and pin connector which I think is sata My external hdd looks like it has a smaller version of the connection within the blue circle here this is what the circuit board connects to but everything else in this shot is missing since this pic is from an internal I found off the net not my external As seagate are unlikely to send me a new replacement circuit board for the external so that the hdd might function once more I am wondering if its possible to make the hdd work on any desktop as an internal hdd I know I can get pin to usb cables but that still leaves me needing to provide power to the drive-since it was the seperate circuit board that the psu connected to and not the drive itself I have managed to backup the drives content already but is it possible to get this drive working once more if its just the circuit board causing the connection problem Thanks nbsp

A:Seagate Maxtor external drive 'not recognized'-how to use as internal hdd?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-maxtor-external-drive-not-recognized-how-to-use-as-internal-hdd.1053210/
Relevancy 58.05%

The Seagate Backup Plus - has External Seagate days 3 now drive recognized for Not Laptop my TB has all the files I recovered after I got hacked in July I had made a backup of my primary SATA drive onto a WD Passport Ultra before doing a format of the hacked infected drive That WD Passport failed so I had to buy a new exteral drive to recover files to Recovery went well but my desktop PSU died days ago so I've been using my laptop to organize the recovered files on the Seagate All has been going well but late yesterday evening after a restart - Seagate was not there anymore I tried moving the power plug to two other places no help The laptop has USB ports and I tried plugging into all - no go It's not seen by Windows explorer Dir Opus Disk Manager nowhere A Laptop has recognized my Seagate External drive for 3 days - Not now while back on my Desktop PC I Laptop has recognized my Seagate External drive for 3 days - Not now had to Laptop has recognized my Seagate External drive for 3 days - Not now go into disk Manager and assign drive letters after I partitioned the Seagate But now it's now even showing up there I remember a time when there was a place where you could go and tell Windows what drive letters could be used Well the laptop has gotten all the way up to drive I by using flash drives and two esternal drives That's the highest the drive letters have been on the laptop so I'm hoping Windows just needs to be told that this drive exists I've had some rotten luck with hard drives motherboards PSUs I could go on and on But if this Seagate months old has failed after me getting to the point where all I had left to do is organize the data I swear I won't touch another computer I can only hope it's a bad power cable this one is not USB powered Any of you have any thoughts on the drive letters having to be assigned I should point out - I have a Sata USB Drive Enclosure with my Desktop TB drive in it When I had both of those external drives hooked to the laptop Windows assigned the letters kind of weird It gave drive F and I partitions to my Desktop internal drive in the enclosure And it gave G and H the letters to the Seagate parts That enclosure is working today and still using drive letters F and I I've not had any flash drives in the laptop since I hooked up the Seagate Any ideas that will keep me from starting to throw things Computer related things Thanks folks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/70028-laptop-has-recognized-my-seagate-external-drive-3-days-not-now.html
Relevancy 56.76%

The drive was running fine for about 15 mins but since my laptop was on battery and i had steeped away i did not realize that the battery ran out . post that since i have connected it back the laptop does not read the drive. I have tried checking it with my desktop and 2 other laptops but the result is the same. also tried changing the USB Cable but this also has not worked. it does not show up in my disk management tab or under my "my Computer". Please advise.

A:External Hard Drive seagate (freeagent Desk) stopped being recognized

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-seagate-freeagent-desk-stopped-being-recognized.923791/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

A:hard drive NOT recognized in computer but IS recognized in disk mgmnt.

Quote: Originally Posted by PERSIL

I just rebuilt an old system using Windows 7 Home Premium after using WinXP pro for many years. The primary hard drive is WDC 150 Mg and Win7 is installed and updated to current with SP1. I dropped a second WDC hard drive in, formatted and was going to use it for a 2nd backup unit. Both of these are sata. Both hard drives are recognized by Disk Management but when I select Computer on the start menu ONLY the primary 150 Mg drive is recognized. If I plug in an external drive, both Computer and Disk Management recognizes the external drive. How do I have Win7 recognize my backup WDC drive so I can use it.

Thank you

Had similarities on my pc.

Goto BIOS, there you have 4 options.

Primary Master
Secondary Master

Primary Slave
Secondary Slave

Set it as follows:

Primary Master -----> Main Boot HDD
Secondary Master -----> EMPTY

Primary Slave -----> CD/DVD RAM
Secondary Slave -----> Secondary backup HDD
Hpe it helps!

Gala

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310859-hard-drive-not-recognized-computer-but-recognized-disk-mgmnt.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an 8GB sd card i used while traveling and upon trying to get the pictures from it the computer does not recognize the card at all, no prompts, nothing. I have tried it in multiple pcs and macs and no response. My Cannon Rebel XS camera says no images found. However, when I plug it into my brother's Cannon PowerShot it actually recognizes and shows all pictures on the card. Does anyone have any reason why this is happening and how I can recover the pictures? I am not willing to just format to make the card work again, I must have these pictures.

A:SD Card not recognized in computer but recognized on camera

Have you tried leaving the card in the camera and attaching to the computer to d/l the pictures that way. I have an Olympus camera and the pictures will d/l fine with the card left in the camera.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-not-recognized-in-computer-but-recognized-on-camera.851479/
Relevancy 46.01%

Its not showing up on my computer . But its flashing the blue light and making the noises when on and off.

A:My seagate not reconise on my computer

Is your Seagate an external USB hard drive and If so does it show on another computer?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-seagate-not-reconise-on-my-computer/1746.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have plugged my old Seagate external hdd into my new Acer with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. I am trying to pull files on to the new computer. It says I don't have permission to access the folders. How do I go about getting that permission while it is plugged into the new computer?

A:Old Seagate ext hdd on new Win 7 64-bit computer, no folder permission

YOU want to get access to ALL files? Or EVERYONE must be able to access ALL files?

Or do you only want to have read access to copy the files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269592-old-seagate-ext-hdd-new-win-7-64-bit-computer-no-folder-permission.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear All,
I have been using my Seagate 1TB Hard Disk since 4 months, recently i tried copying a file to it, and it showed:
""This file is not located in this Drive""
it was something like this...

And after that my HDD went undetected, now whenever i plug it in, it makes the sound of turning on.and also the blue light comes on the HDD.
But it's not shown in My computer.
I changed my cables, went to disk management ; where i could not see my drive listed there(i can send u a screenshot of it; as some other unnamed disks were there),
i tried refreshing it and still no success.
I also have tried updating, deleting the drivers from Device Manager, but no Success.

Please Help me in resolving this issue..
Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74840-seagate-hdd-not-showing-up-computer-have-tried-all-give.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Now I know that there are a gazillion threads does (non-usb) Seagate external recognize Computer not HDD my similar to this out there but I've gone through them and have yet to find a solution following this link you can see my computer here It is a Medion Akoya X Intel I - ghz Windows GB GB DDR Now my problem is this I have attached to it a Lacie Seagate GB that came with the Porsche Design Computer does not recognize my Seagate external HDD (non-usb) that I wish to plug into one of the slots at the front Now I remember when I first bought the com it worked but after updating the necessary patches bios motherboard usb etc and all it stopped working It has been two years already but I have yet to figure out how to solve this It is not recognized in Computer does not recognize my Seagate external HDD (non-usb) Windows nor in the Bios and I have set the bios settings to optimized default I don't really see the drive recognition settings on but nothing is disabled either The drive works fine on USB I have tested the thing out on other comps it works so that couldn't be the problem As I am not exactly specialized in this I'm pretty clueless as to what I could do check There are two drives there and it works for neither It can't be that both drives have a faulty cable right I've never touched the inside I hope that you guys could help me with this Let me know if you need any more information I'd be glad to provide it Thanks

A:Computer does not recognize my Seagate external HDD (non-usb)

Can you try the USB on the back? The front ports might not be receiving enough power to use it.

Or do you mean the "2 x hot-swappable wisselframe voor harde schijf" that seem to be hot-swap hard drive bays?

It seems a PC issue, given what you are saying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/295348-computer-does-not-recognize-my-seagate-external-hdd-non-usb.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear All,

I have been using my Seagate 1TB Hard Disk since 4 months, recently i tried copying a file to it, and it showed:

And after that my HDD went undetected, now whenever i plug it in, it makes the sound of turning on.and also the blue light comes on the HDD.

I changed my cables, went to disk management ; where i could not see my drive listed there(i can send u a screenshot of it; as some other unnamed disks were there),

I also have tried updating, deleting the drivers from Device Manager, but no Success.

Thanks

A:Seagate HDD not showing up in computer(have tried all given steps)

Screenshot is attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395120-seagate-hdd-not-showing-up-computer-have-tried-all-given-steps.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear All,

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74840-seagate-hdd-not-showing-up-computer-have-tried-all-give.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is a new laptop I just got setup. The hard drive in question works on other computers. It does not show up in device manager nor disk management. I have another external hard drive that works fine.

Ideas on fixes?

A:Computer will not recognize 3TB seagate backup plus

You can try another port, try USB 2 and 3. Any issues in Device Manager, any unrecognized devices?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374890-computer-will-not-recognize-3tb-seagate-backup-plus.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Help My computer recently crashed on me I was getting the Blue Screen of Death I Hardrive!!! Computer Help!! Seagate doesn't recognize thought I had a bad hard drive so I returned my hard drive to Seagate and received another one I just tried to put it into my computer and install Windows XP SP but after I select to install windows and press F to accept their terms I see the screen that is supposed to show the open space on any hard drives installed so that I can select where I would like to install Windows XP and it says quot no disc in drive quot If I press enter I then get a blue error screen that says it can t proceed and is shutting down my system to protect it And then I can t do anything else What is wrong with my computer Could it be a Help!! Computer doesn't recognize Seagate Hardrive!!! problem with my motherboard I have an Asus P LP-LE The HP Compaq motherboard name is Leucite-GL E nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-computer-doesnt-recognize-seagate-hardrive.844973/
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought a TB Seagate passport then right after buying it I had to use it to back up my girlfriend s computer which happens to be a mac So everything went well for my girlfriend but now when I plug the Passport into my windows computer it does not show up in my computer Then I downloaded swiss knife and tried to format the Passport No such luck swiss knife always gives me a Read Write error When I try to use the Win disk manager program all I can do is convert the Passport to a dynamic volume but I can see the Passport in both disk manger and swiss knife Here is my speccy summary showing Seagate 1TB USB drive up computer my Passport in not with the info on the hard drive Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UP TH-CF Intel Core i - CPU GHz C Graphics VA SERIES x Hz VA SERIES x Hz AMD Radeon HD Series Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EZEX- RKKA SATA C GB Hitachi HDS DLE SATA C Optical Drives 1TB Seagate Passport USB drive not showing up in my computer HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Disk drive Device Kind USB storage Device Name Disk drive Vendor SEAGATE Comment Seagate Backup BK USB Device Location Location

A:1TB Seagate Passport USB drive not showing up in my computer

When you enter into the disk management MMC console (start, control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk management), does it show any trace of the disk?

This happens frequently with flash drives as well, drives that are formatted for mac FIRST usually have a hard time being used with Windows machines and formatted by Windows machines. My recommendation: plug it back into your GFs mac, use disk utility to format the drive to FAT32. Then move the drive back over to your PC and check your results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/1tb-seagate-passport-usb-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-692325.html
Relevancy 45.15%

please help me.. I bought my external hard drive for about 8 month now.. it use 2.0 usb and i'm afraid i cannot recover my files inside it.

A:My 1Tb Seagate expansion portable cannot be detected by any computer

Ameq, Welcome to SevenForums. Sorry you're having issue with you external drive. When you connect the drive to your computer have you gone into Disk Management to see if the disk was showing up there? Does this drive require an external wall wart type power source or possibly need to have dual usb ports to power it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269034-my-1tb-seagate-expansion-portable-cannot-detected-any-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a TB Seagate external hard drive which has worked fine It is used on a bit Vista Ultimate with SP Dell machine I have had to restore an image backup of C drive and the drive no longer appears in the Computer folder nor in Disc Management now However the drive is lit up and not computer Seagate seen hard by drive External when I insert the USB cable there is the connected sound and when I disconnect it External Seagate hard drive not seen by computer there External Seagate hard drive not seen by computer is the disconnect sound so something is seeing it I have tried this on both the bit Vista and on an XP - on neither of the computers is the drive seen I would rather hope that I can eventually access this drive as it has TB of audio files on it Is there a solution for this Technical data Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB O Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Q Total - MB Free - MB R Total - MB Free - MB S Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc D F A CN N KN nbsp

A:External Seagate hard drive not seen by computer

As this external drive won't show up on any other PC the circuitry in the box has probably developed a fault.

For about 10 you can by a USB Hard Drive Adapter, see Ebay. Remove the hard drive from the enclosure and connect it to the USB adapter and it should then function as long as the fault is not on the drive itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-seagate-hard-drive-not-seen-by-computer.1005761/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I just installed a Seagate FreeAgent Go external harddrive. While going through the installation guide, the computer froze and shut off. Now everytime I boot the computer, it shuts off during boot or maybe within 5 minutes of start up. This is not my computer, the girl who owns it says it has never randomly shut off before so I'm wondering if the Seagate drivers have caused the laptop to start shutting off. It does the same thing in safe mode. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Computer shuts off after boot (Seagate FreeAgent Go)

Hi,

If you have the Seagate external hard-drive plugged in onto the laptop computer then take it off. Reseat both the memory and the hard-drive of the computer. Also try taking out the laptop battery and boot the computer via with only the AC Adapter plugged in. Hope this fixes your issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-shuts-off-after-boot-seagate-freeagent-go-489401.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have attached a Seagate GG external hard drive to my computer but external recognised computer hard drive my by Seagate not it is not showing up in My Computer I have browsed similar threads and on their advice gone into Device Manager The drive is there but with no letter assigned to it but when I right click to assign Seagate external hard drive not recognised by my computer one it refers me to Windows Help which is unable to solve the problem There are actually two extra ikons in Device Manager - one marked FAT Healthy EISA Configuration and the other just marked GPT Protective Partition The device is acknowledged as working properly in Device Manager The files on this drive were created on a Mac which may be the source of the problem Most of them I will therefore not be able to read but there is one which is a mov file which I should be able to read and hopefully copy - if I can access it Is there any way I can access the drive via my PC Windows XP or will the drive have been formatted for Mac only and therefore is inaccessible via PC I'm afraid that's the best I can manage in terms of technical information Any advice would be much appreciated please

A:Seagate external hard drive not recognised by my computer

I would venture a guess that the simple answer is that the drive was formatted for a Mac and windows is unable to recognize it as such. Now, being said that, with the newer technologies and emulators that Macs and PCs use, I am not 100% sure.

Now for the dumb question, have you tried plugging it back onto the Mac and see if you can read it and copy the file and then format it to the pc so you can use it? that is, if you will need it more on the PC than on the Mac.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228216-seagate-external-hard-drive-not-recognised-my-computer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys,

I've had this 3TB hard drive for about 6 months with no problems.

However, for some reason my computer cannot recognise it any more.

It doesn't come up in My Computer, but it comes up in device manager ( see pic 1) and in disk management (see pic 2)

Alarmingly, I can't even assign a letter or do anything but delete the volume (see pic 3)

I can't find the driver cd to install it but I didn't think this would be a problem as I installed it anyway through the computer. I've searched for about 2 days on this forums and others and still can't find a solution. I hope I can find one here

oh and i forgot to mention, i tried the hard drive on two different computers and it had the same problem there as well.

pic 1
By piraxtiri at 2012-02-24
pic 2

A:My Computer cannot detect my Seagate external hard drive 3TB

Hi,

Your images still dont show - can you repost them using the little paperclip icon?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/216044-my-computer-cannot-detect-my-seagate-external-hard-drive-3tb.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello sorry if this potentially is in the wrong on computer. not hard 1tb Seagate up external drive showing section New to this website nbsp But I Seagate 1tb external hard drive not showing up on computer. come here asking for some suggestions or a step by step process on getting my external hard drive working on my pc again nbsp It was working before but I decided to plug it into my xbox one console usb port in order to download a game and play which it configured the external hard drive When I attempted to plug it into my laptop usb port it no longer showed up under devices with removable storage I did a little bit of research and found my way to device managers to see if the computer even recognized the usb Turns out it does recognized it but for some reason it would not show up on the laptop So as of right now I cannot access the files inside of it at all The light is always on and I can hear the fan run inside the external hard drive also it still works with my xbox one to play the games I downloaded in it so I know it still works I am lead to believe that when the xbox one configured it it changed the settings so now it isn't compatible with my laptop Is there anyway to reset the settings on it or re-configure it so I may have access to the files on my external hard drive through my laptop Thank you for reading nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60e19ee6-19b0-4e2b-ba09-cd7a328c0880/seagate-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-computer?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 44.72%

Basically what is said above. this is what has happened so far...
When i first plugged the usb device in, it began to load the "Add New Hardware" driver screen. i ran through that assuming there was a driver to install, after finding there was none, i hit cancel on the add new hardware. Unfortunately, it hasn't showed up on my computer since. I have plugged the device into both of my friends computers, one running vista, the other XP and they both picked it up easily. I have looked under device manager as well and it doesn't read it. I have tried restarting, unplugging...and all that.

does anybody have any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-freeagent-hard-drive-wont-read-on-computer.619696/
Relevancy 44.72%

Howdy I bought a new computer with Win about a month ago which came with a TB Seagate hard Expansion Seagate showing up Drive in Computer' External not New 'My drive installed so I decided to replace my previous GB Aulartek External with a TB Seagate External Drive Well to make a long story short I tried installing the new Seagate TB Expansion Drive a few hours ago but up to this point I can't get the computer to recognize it However there is a 'green light' visible on the end of the new Seagate External that is lit up and if I click on New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer' the 'Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media' button on the taskbar it does show something called 'Eject Desktop' under 'Open Devices and Printers' I tried going to the Seagate Community Forum but got even more confused than when I started trying to troubleshoot my problem with not being New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer' able to see it listed under 'Computer' My old Aulartek External had an 'on and off switch' and this new Seagate doesn't have one unless I just can't find it I have both the USB and A C Power supply plugged in Any help would be appreciated Thanks and regards harts ever New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer'

A:New Seagate Expansion External Drive not showing up in 'My Computer'

Try right clicking on computer in the start menu, and select manage. In the window that opens after giving admin approval, selece disk management in the left column. It should show every hard drive connected to your computer. In the lower portion of the window, look for your Seagate, right click it and select change drive letter or path, in the next window click add and choosed a drive letter. Click OK. after the drive letter is assigned, you will be able to see the drive in explorer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207361-new-seagate-expansion-external-drive-not-showing-up-my-computer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. W/ASUS P7P55D Deluxe board Very stable and non buggy.

Computer was running great with multiple drives. I substituted one of my 1TB drives with a brand new Seagate 3 TB drive. With the new drive hooked up, the computer will not boot and gives a message that there is no hard drive detected, put media in and hit the key. (something to that effect).

If I enter the bios in the condition, it shows all the drives in their correct order and the boot sequence is the first hard drive, CD, etc. It has detected the new drive as drive #3.

But it will not boot.

But, if I disconnect the new drive (power and SATA connector), the compute will boot up fine.

I have checked all the connectors ad they seem fine.

Is there something about the sequence in which the SATA connectors have to be connected?

I am mystified.

RDG

A:Computer won't boot with new Seagate Barracuda drive as secondary drv

Hi,

Sometimes the sequence can be critical. can you check to see that the original HDD is plugged into SATA port 0? If not, try that to see if it works.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/249800-computer-wont-boot-new-seagate-barracuda-drive-secondary-drv.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello Well I first bought a Mesh Computer last year some time And about months ago it had a hard drive problem help Problems Computer Drive/Major Hard Seagate So when i took it in to a Seagate Hard Drive/Major Computer Problems help computer shop they told me i needed a new hard drive They replaced it with a SeaGate hard drive I have been having alot of computer problems lately and i don t know what has caused it At first when i turned my computer on it would freeze and just stop i wouldn t be able to move the mouse or anything I tried it about - times a day and after about - days it worked It loaded up the user i clicked on the only one on the comp and then i got like a little yellow sign in the bottom right hand corner of the task bar I put my mouse over it and it said somthing about files being corrupt and i should run chkdsk So i click on run and type the quot cmd quot command And do chkdsk f r command and it asks me if i want to check it on next restart I say yes and then when i restart my computer nothing happens I load everything back up again to find out the problem has only got worse I click on the user and i get a message which says as following This system is shutting down Please save all work in progress and log off Any unsaved changes will be lost This shutdown was initiated by NT AUSTHORITY SYSTEM Time Before Shutdown It starts at and counts down in seconds The system Seagate Hard Drive/Major Computer Problems help process C windows system services exe terminated unexpectedly with status code - The system will now shut down and restart Then i was told to type quot shutdown -a quot in the run box then try to check the chkdsk again This time when i try it i get a message that says C Documents and Settings Admin gt chkdsk c f r The type of the file system is NTFS Cannot lock current drive I can t do any type of chkdsk when i run the normal one quot chkdsk quot it goes through the first stage and gets stuck on stage at about and says somthing like Errors could not be fixed Then everything freezes again I ve tryed everything possible and i can t find anything i can do When i do the shutdown -a command i can t do anything else accept use quot Start quot commands I can t open the internet or anything So yeh Im basicly stuck in a bad situation Kk im not sure what any of this is but i ll give you the infomation off the hard drive SeaGate Barracuda Gbytes V A V A S N ND MAKZ Model ST AS Firmware Date Code Site Code AMK I m looking for a way to reset everything off it I can t do it by accessing my admin user because i get so many problems like what i have explained above Any help would be really great Thanks nbsp

A:Seagate Hard Drive/Major Computer Problems help

After the message

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>chkdsk c: /f /r
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.
It should come up with the message that asks me if i wish to run the chkdsk at next restart but it doesn't it just freezes at that point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-hard-drive-major-computer-problems-help.779668/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey, wondering if someone can help

Bought my new external hard drive and put a load of my files onto it with no problem at all, but today, on the second time of using it, I plugged it in and it seems to be working because the green light is on and the icon to eject is there, but its not showing in My Computer.

I've seen people saying about the Disk Management and changing the name or path.... so when I open up that window, the disk is not named, when I right click on it, everything is greyed out apart from Help and Delete Volume options.

I've tried uninstalling the drive under the Device Manager and re-installing it again. but that doesn't work either.

I have tried this on my 2 laptops, PB and HP, and it is exactly the same on both. Both run windows 7 64-bit.

Hope Someone is able to help me out a bit, Thanks Lynne.

A:Seagate Expansion Drive 320GB Not Showing Up In My Computer Anymore!!

This may help....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298118-seagate-expansion-drive-320gb-not-showing-up-my-computer-anymore.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus 3TB hard drive with USB 3.0 connector. I connected the 3.0 cable to a 2.0 port(don't have 3.0 ports) and windows popped up saying installing drivers for new device, pretty standard stuff. After it was done I went to My Computer, but the hard drive does not show up.

I checked device manager, and it does show the drive there. When I clicked properties and tried populating the "volumes" section, a 2.8tb section did show up, but had no label, but i don't know the significance of that. Any help with this is appreciated, thanks in advance.

~Dev

Relevancy 44.29%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I have a 1.5 TB Seagate external harddrive about 3 months old . Ive gone to open it today and its not there . After playing around for a little while , i realised its showing up as f drive , but when i try to open it ,it says disc needs formatting . I went into disk managment and it is showing up as disk 2 still as f drive , the decription says GB Unknown (BitLocker Encrypted) . If you cant tell i know sweet fa about what im doing , can sombody help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seagate-external-hard-drive-isnt-visible-on-my-computer.1148718/
Relevancy 40.85%

i watch dvds in my computer pretty often and have never had any trouble. now i have this one dvd that will not play in my computer but comes up automatically and with no problem on my mothers computer. All other dvds work fine on my computer except this certain one. the dvd/cd drive light is on but it doesnt recogize the dvd bc it doesnt spin and when i look in my computer under d: dvd/cdrom nothing comes up
whats going on???

A:a certain dvd not recognized in one computer

This happened to me once.
A firmware update cured the problem for good.
Contact manufacturer or visit their website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-certain-dvd-not-recognized-in-one-computer.603923/
Relevancy 40.85%

MY computer is not recognizing my CD (E) or DVD (F) drives all of a sudden. It is recognizing all other drives. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barbara

A:CD and DVD Not Recognized By Computer

Are they visible in 'my computer'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-and-dvd-not-recognized-by-computer.837847/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I have a GB HP Pocket Drive that I've been using for years as backup storage and portable movie player I have numerous movie picture music and document files on it The other night I had it plugged in to the USB port on the front of my Blu-Ray player watching a movie when all of a sudden it stopped playing I thought it was a fluke but it kept stopping at the same spot in a movie that I had watched completely before and never my computer Not USB by Recognized had a problem I brought it to my computer to see what might be the problem and when I plugged it in the USB port USB Not Recognized by my computer it said it did not recognize the USB I did a little research online and found out that if I got a Universal Drive Adapter I may be able to retrieve USB Not Recognized by my computer my files I bought one and disassembled the pocket drive I plugged the adapter into my drive and it was recognized at that point but didn't show up under Removable Storage Devices in My Computer It showed up under Devices but I wasn't able to access any of the files At that point I figured it was a partition problem and found a thread on this website about someone who had a similar problem Jumanji had put together a very nice step by step instructions for how to recover the data using a MiniTools Recovery Wizard I went through that but it did not help I'm a little stuck at this point I really need the document files more than anything else as they have ended up being my only copies I have other backups of my music movies and pictures so I'm not as concerned about them although if I could retrieve them as well I'd take them I'm hopeful that there is a way to retrieve these things and I'm sure someone here can help me

A:USB Not Recognized by my computer

From the steps you have taken it sounds like the drive has failed. In that case if you MUST have the data that is on there it is going to cost $$$$ for a disc recovery company to try and get the data. The last time I saw anything about costs it was around $1000 and up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387038-usb-not-recognized-my-computer.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My Grandson's computer suddenly won't recognize his CD ROM.

I thought the CD Rom might be bad, so I bought & installed the CD-RW that he wanted. --------- Same problem, computer still won't recognize the drive.

Then I tried a new cable ------ The computer still won't recognize the drive.

Power cord is hooked up correctly, red wire next to cables red mark.

The hardware literature said to NOT set jumper as master, but as "Only Drive" on cable.

Any suggestions? -- Grandpa Del

Relevancy 40.85%

I just got a new computer. I HATE VISTA! I have been told that the registries are messing up the dvd and cd drivers. Any help in getting it to recognize my dvd?

A:DVD not recognized on my computer

hi, im new to these forums and cant figure out how to create a new on but im having the same problem, my laptop comes up with the error "tv_ConfigErr39", and wont read cd/dvd's, doesnt even recognize them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-not-recognized-on-my-computer-347591.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am a new user and its nice to meet everyone. I have a Gateway computer. My CD-ROM drive is not listed under my drivers list in my control panel area and i don't know why???? My CD-ROM drive does not boot up at all when up when I put a CD in the drive. If anyone can help me fix this problem that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance to everyone for their help.

Relevancy 40.42%

Ok, so here it is. I have a Seagate Barracuda 750GB external HD that hums off and on, but doesn't seem to spin the drive.

I have looked all over for information on this, and found pretty much nothing in the way of humming except one sound clip...

My hard drive was literally tapped by a book from about 6 inches up. It was on the floor, and didn't even tip. However, it was on at the time.

Now, when I plug it in, it gives a literal rhythmic hum. "Hum (pause, pause, pause) Hum etc) and the computer isn't recognizing it.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? If necessary I will record it and upload the sound. Is this fixable by someone other than a clean room tech (so I'm not stuck paying 700 dollars or more)

Thanks

Soulman1015

A:My Seagate HD "hums", and it doesn't spin, nor can be read by the computer..

If it's not spinning up then it's probably not something you can repair yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-seagate-hd-hums-and-it-doesnt-spin-nor-can-be-read-by-the-computer.160376/
Relevancy 40.42%

I reimaged my computer because I was having a whole bunch of trubble with it (no of which really matter now). After reimaging I tried to access some of the files I saved on my external hard drive, but no matter what I tried I could not get access to the files.

The drive appears in device Manager and in the USB Device pages, and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive. But for some reason I just can't access the device. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, or even how to manually launch the external hard drive, I would be extremely greatful. If you need more info. let me know.

Thanks

A:Seagate FA GoFlex Desk external hardrive doesn't show in "My Computer"

Have you checked in the drive management console to make sure it's not just that it needs to be 'activated' or assigned a drive letter again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/198992-seagate-fa-goflex-desk-external-hardrive-doesnt-show-my-computer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

First I want to say that this is not a computer problem, this is the USB's problem. I've tried it under every computer I could and it just didn't recognize it anymore. This is was all of a sudden really.

Can anyone give me instructions on what to do?

I'm willing to post whatever test I need

A:USB not recognized by any computer anymore

If no computer recognises it, then the USB drive is probably dead. Such things do happen.

However, the drive might also be corrupted. To check that, type "disk management" into the search window under start menu. Click on "create or format..." If the drive shows up at all, then the drive is not dead.

To fix the file system, use Test Disk.
TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/144641-usb-not-recognized-any-computer-anymore.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I cannot get my iPhone 6+ to be recognized by my computer. It is not recognized by Windows File Explorer, nor will it download photos (as the computer is set to do), and downloading pics is my main motivating goal here. It is recognized by iTunes (on the same computer), and will sync and backup through iTunes. I tried using different cords and different USB ports. I spoke at length with Apple customer service. They said to try to get an update camera driver. The closest I found was for Nvidia graphics, but that didn't work. Help? 

A:I cannot get my iPhone 6+ to be recognized by my computer.

VarangianKing wrote:....  It is recognized by iTunes (on the same computer), and will sync and backup through iTunes. I tried using different cords and different USB ports. ... Hi, I think that is the way Apple works:     http://www.imobie.com/support/transfer-photos-from-computer-to-iphone-6.htm but pleae try: Control Panel>Devices and Printers. Look at Apple device, right-clicked and selected Troubleshoot then "enable device" . Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/I-cannot-get-my-iPhone-6-to-be-recognized-by-my-computer/td-p/5023209
Relevancy 39.99%

I've got a sata hd that I need to pull some data off. It is seen in drive management, but not in my computer, and the only thing it wants to let me do to it in drive management is delete partition. I've got data on this hd that I can't lose!!!!! Any help would be appreciated. I'm using windows xp profesional.

A:sata hd not recognized in my computer

Based on your description, it sounds like the drive's partition tables have gotten messed up. You are probably going to have to rely on a recovery program to rebuild the tables before the data is accessible.

Some programs to look at (Google) are:

Active Recovery, Phoenix Recovery, Recover My Files, Easy Recovery Professional, GetdatabackNT, Ontrack Easy Recovery, PC Inspector File Recovery, Spinrite.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-hd-not-recognized-in-my-computer.479063/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a new panasonic SDR-h200 camcorder. This has a 30 gig HD to record video. when I attached the USB to the computer and camera, the HD was not recognized as being pluged in. USB port on computer works as I tested with another device. Software from Panasonic was loaded. any suggestions as to why the computer does not recognize the camera is attached?

Relevancy 39.99%

I have been so exhausted by trying to fix my mp3 player. i called microsoft and they told me that i had to pay. well my mp3 player isn't being recongized by my computer. it is searching it but then doesn't let me put songs in it or do anything in it. i tried updating the driver for it and it told me that "a service installation section in this INF is invalid". my mp3 player is samsung YP-K3. It worked before but i don't know what happened. Please help me fix this problem!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mp3-player-not-being-recognized-by-computer-226162.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Problem Partition C is not not computer is by C:\ recognized Partition recognized by computer Question how can I Partition C:\ is not recognized by computer restore partition C or at least access it again Detailed description I have a C D and E partition on my computer I realized that C was a bit to big so I decided to transfer Gigabyte of free space from C to D Partition magic started the proces rebooted but resulted in a blue screen After using the XP-option to reset the system to an earlier configuration I was able to start windows again Partition magic showed that the space had been removed from C but the space wasn't moved to D instead it had created a fourth seperate unassigned space Therefore I tried run Partition Magic again in order to recapture this lost space But after rebooting the screen turned blue delivering the following message quot inrepairable system error system proces initizialization failed quot I managed to install XP on another harddrive therefore I was able to access the original harddrive It shows only the partition D and E My question the C drive contains a large amount of delicate info Off course the best solution would be to restore the C drive to it's original state but I realize this might not be possible Though I hope it's at least possible to gain access to this partition in order to copy the information on it I guess I need somekind of 'standard' sector-file to put on the C drive in order to be able to access it or I'll need to format but without deleting the content is this possible Please Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/partition-c-is-not-recognized-by-computer-4443.html
Relevancy 39.99%

i have a sony mp player which doesn't show up under my computer anymore i've had it for about a year and Drive My USB not in recognized Computer this problem just came out of nowhere when i plug it in the little icon safely remove USB Drive not recognized in My Computer hardware in the taskbar shows up telling me it's conncted but it's not USB Drive not recognized in My Computer under My COmputer nor does it show up in the program Sonic Stage that i use to transfer music to it i've tried going into Computer Management - gt then Disk Management and when it is plugged in it shows up there but a drive letter for it is not set up so i set one up and i know it's not used for sure then it still doesn't show up in My Computer and the weirdest thing is if i type in the drive letter in the adress bar it says the folder doesn't exist also if i safely remove it from the computer and then plug it in again under Disk Management it comes up again with no drive letter sorry for the lengthy post but i could not explain it any better so does anyone a know a way to fix this

A:USB Drive not recognized in My Computer

Plug it in to a friends pc or another computer to see if you get the same results. Try connecting another USB device in the same port, see if it is reconized and lettered as normal. Its possible the device is failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-drive-not-recognized-in-my-computer-91532.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Acer laptop that absolutely refuses to recognize my headphones when they are plugged into the jack When I go into Sound -- gt Playback it doesn t list Headphones as an option in the list even with Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices in Headphones anywhere recognized not computer checked When I go into RealTek HD Audio Manager I have no Headphone options nor do I have the quot Advanced Settings quot option that I see in all the screenshots of solutions for other people who have had this problem I ve updated the driver I ve rolled back the driver I ve disabled and enabled the device I ve restarted my computer times I m at my wits end with this I have Headphones not recognized anywhere in computer never had such a problem getting a basic every day thing to work on a computer I have never tried to plug headphones into this computer before but they are working on my phone and another computer just fine What s the deal Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-not-recognized-anywhere-in-computer.1102209/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All.

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro SP3 on one computer. Now my other PC has Windows7. I connected the two with a LAN cable, and in 'Network' the Windows 7 PC picks up the shared folder of the XP PC automatically, but the XP PC does not show the Windows 7 Shared(Public) folder. Why is that? Can it be the Antivirus? XP PC has MS Security Essentials and Windows 7 PC has ESET.
Thanks

A:Remote Computer not Recognized on LAN

Do you have the same account name and password on both machines?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-computer-not-recognized-on-lan.1024146/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have done some research and have not found a solution to my problem.

I plug in my HDD (Fantom Drive, Green Drive) and I hear the 2tone sound when I plug it into my USB2.0 port.
My computer then searches for a driver. It decides a suitable driver for what I plugged in is called "Initio Default Controller". I got this information from the Device Manager.
I have looked in my "computer and right clicked "manage". The HDD is not listed. I have used more than one USB cord, ports, and 2 different computers with the same problem.
Both the computers are running windows 7 64bit. One is a laptop (ASUS) and a desktop(HP).

Can someone please help me with this problem.

Thanks,
Chris&Dawn

A:External HDD not recognized by my computer

So I said the facts but I never mentioned exactly what the issue is. sorry.

When I open my computer when the external HDD is plugged in, it's not there. I can't save files in it, open anything, it's just not there.

Also the icon that pops up that lets you "remove hardware safley" in the bottom right is not there. Also the external hard drive does not show up on any programs like "Defraggler" or "Speccy"

Thanks,
Chris&Dawn

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-recognized-by-my-computer.176212/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I've been having a problem with a GB i-Ecko USB drive When I plug it into my laptop it makes a noise and the device is ready notification shows but when I go into 'Computer' nothing shows up It has worked before on many computers I haven't done anything to it that I can think of that would cause this I've showing but USB not recognized, 'Computer' not in plugged it into other computers running Windows and running Vista so USB not recognized, but not showing in 'Computer' it is nothing to do with Windows I've gone into 'Disk Management' and changed the drive letter and that did not work It just shows up as Removable F No Media There is no errors in 'Device Manager' where it shows USB not recognized, but not showing in 'Computer' up I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver In 'Devices and Printers' it shows up as a 'Mass Storage Device' I tried troubleshooting it and it says quot USB Mass Storage Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB quot But the USB not recognized, but not showing in 'Computer' Vista laptop I tried it on has a USB so that can't be the problem Also I have older USB drives that work fine It says Device is Working Properly under properties I did just recently Upgrade to Windows but it was not working before that too Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/19908-usb-not-recognized-but-not-showing-computer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

any idea what could cause a USB webcam not to be recognized by the computer? All drivers installed. Its plugged into 1 of 2 USB's but have tried it in both.

Running winxp, the cam is a Logitech Communicate STX. Ran the hardware wizard, it didn't locate nor did Logitech's interface.

A:Webcam not recognized by the computer at all

When you say "all drivers loaded", you mean the Logitec drivers right?
Does the camera need a battery?
Dead camera or bad cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-recognized-by-the-computer-at-all.49577/
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently got an Ilo GB MP player I followed installation instructions computer said quot found new hardware quot and quot hardware installed quot and all that However the MP player was constantly going back player by recognized not MP3 being computer and forth between quot transferring quot and quot connected quot At that point My Computer did not even recognize the player I called their customer support and they provided firmware that I put on the computer The MP player is now recognized by the computer but when I try to do anything with it it starts constantly going back and forth with the quot transferring quot and quot connected quot messages Ilo told me it is something to do with my computer and the timing Has anyone ever heard of this before or have any suggestions I am running Windows XP on a Dell Dimension I am able to return this MP player MP3 player not being recognized by computer within the next week but this is the second MP player I ve bought and had this problem with I thought it was a problem with the other player so I exchanged MP3 player not being recognized by computer that one for this one and it is having the same problem Are there any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-player-not-being-recognized-by-computer.492410/
Relevancy 39.99%

Can someone please help me. I had hooked up someone else's usb printer cord to my comp and tried to print something. The problem is that i plugged it into the slot i normally put my mouse, the only usb slot that works on my comp. Ever since my computer will not recognize that i have plugged my mouse into the usb slot or even the printer. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do. I have already tried to reinstall the drivers for the mouse but no luck there. I really need help getting this resolved. Thank you so much everyone who can help.
Holly

A:Please help, Usb Mouse not being recognized by computer.

I've had this problem before, shortly after I first installed XP some time ago. I went into Device Manager and uninstalled the USB controller. When i restart Windows, it reinstalled the USB controller, and has been fine since. If you're using something besides XP however, I can't say for sure if this would work for you, but the gurus here could.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-usb-mouse-not-being-recognized-by-computer.457968/
Relevancy 39.99%

Recently, I have not been allowed to download some software because I am 'not the computer administrator'....but I'm registered as one. When I first installed WinXP, I put myself as the administrator. What do I have to do so that I will be recognized as the administrator and then I can download these programs? Thanks.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello i know this is quite common topic but i need help urgent I have an ADATA External computer HDD recognized by any not external HDD GB Running Win It was working fine until Saturday it just stopped working If i unplug and plug it back it says quot New device was found want to format quot Click External HDD not recognized by any computer Cancel says quot Unknown file formats were found cannot access the device quot External HDD not recognized by any computer Tried this change the name of partition nothing happened I moved it on other devices no other computer External HDD not recognized by any computer sees it Tried SpinRite V for nights nothing happened Recuva also says quot Could not find bootable info quot What it does If i open MyComputer it is there named quot P quot now click explore nothing happens In Desk management it is File System RAW if i click Properties for this HDD it says that everything is right except in General it does not recognize anything says GB available GB used i could even access the part where it has quot Update driver quot and Driver Details everywhere it says that it is working fine This was the Backup HDD for my laptop because all the information from my internal HDD were damaged because of a virus Please tell me what is left to do I really need help Thank you so much Annya nbsp

A:External HDD not recognized by any computer

In Desk management it is File System RAW,Click to expand...

Sounds like the filesystem is corrupt. Try TestDisk for partition/data recovery. Many have reported success using it. Hope it helps/works for you too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-recognized-by-any-computer.157884/
Relevancy 39.99%

All too frequently my HP Officejet all-in-one printer is not recognized by my computer This occurs when scanning not with basic printing tasks Error message says quot HP Officejet G n-z Copy disconnected quot But checking its status via Control Panel I m told quot Documents in queue Printer ready quot It s clearly not disconnected Additional error message says quot The HP imaging device was not found Try the following steps quot The suggested steps are all pretty obvious such as is the power cord connected etc The only step that fixes the problem is to unplug the power cord and then plug it back in Even this sometimes has to be repeated more than once If anyone knows how to get rid of this irritant I d love to know Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN A C Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:HP Officejet not recognized by computer

try to reinstall back the driver of the said printer...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-officejet-not-recognized-by-computer.1043607/
Relevancy 39.99%

trying to reinstall windows xp and on reboot got two beeps on post and computer didn't recognize any drives optical or hard drive? Please help me fix

Relevancy 39.99%

My SD card is not recognized by my computer Hi everyone thanks for taking the time to view and help out with my dilemma Backstory We were out for by hard is My my computer. recognized SD weeks water-skiing with my new SonyAction cam basically a GoPro by sony I used the SD card from the camera at the end of a day to view the files on my laptop but didn t copy them over as the card still had GB of free space GB Card The next day I put the card into my laptop again and one of the files was corrupted so I copied over all the files and formatted the SD card for re use the following day Have done before card worked fine Now we are back and I cannot access any files on it both on my laptop or PC These videos mean a lot to me so If anyone has any idea how to get this working or a place I can take it to recover data I would very much appreciate it All I have managed to discover about the issue When I put my SD card reader into my PC My SD hard is recognized by my computer. without the SD card in it Its a USB with an SD card slot on it the safely remove hardware appears in the system tray and plays the sound that It recognizes a connected device The SD card is not recognized at all when I connect it to My SD hard is recognized by my computer. the USB reader Can anyone help NOTES - This card was working in the camera - I believe the card broke somehow when I plugged it into my laptop but I didn t want to think those thoughts just yet lt img id quot ums img tooltip quot class quot UMSRatingIcon quot gt nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Compaq Presario desktop. About a week ago the computer quit recognizing keystrokes. There is a click when I press a key but no character recognition. I suspect its some sort of malware or virus. I have run malwarebytes and avg software to no avail. I have tried to run system restore but get an error message preventing it from restoring the earlier set points. Also, when I try to put a search string in the Start menu the magnifying glass turns into an "X".

Help !!

jerrialan.

A:No key strokes recognized by computer

Hi jerrialan.

You kind of answered this one yourself. If you suspect a virus or malware has compromised your system you should post in the appropriate forum and wait for help from a member of the Malware Response Team. Visit and read this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520769/no-key-strokes-recognized-by-computer/
Relevancy 39.99%

Odd one - Hitcachi mp3 player purchased, little software disc inserted, driver appeared to be loaded, device manager seems to recognize 'mass media' thingmy but not showing up as icon under 'my computer' nor can I 'sync' with Windows Media Player. Help! Had nice creative music day planned & now I'm a tad stressed instead x

Relevancy 39.99%

I'm running xp with SP2. I have an internal HP DVD 640c Dual Layer writer with the current firmware upgrade. I just purchased Memorex 8.5 gb DVD+R DL discs from Tiger Direct. When i insert the discs into the drive the computer doesn't even recognize that there is a disc in the drive. I've burned DL discs before using this burner. They worked fine. Now I'm stumped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-media-not-recognized-by-my-computer-202961.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently reformatted a friends hard drive for them. They have an Inspiron 531s with Windows Vista. Ever since it has been reformatted the CD/DVD drive is not working. When I double click on the drive after putting a disk in it says to reinsert the disk. I tried to uninstall the driver and let the computer find another driver. Unfortunately this did not work and it just found the same driver. It is a TSST Corp DVD-+RW TS-H653B SCSI CD ROM Device. Under my computer it is listed as the E drive, and says CD Drive. Shouldn't it say DVD drive. Is this DVD drive a Toshiba. Could I get another driver from their website and try it. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

A:Solved: CD/DVD not being recognized by the Computer!

I was reading up on my problem and stumbled across a good tip from Microsoft. Can someone tell me if this is a viable option: Read Below

Microsoft Windows Vista
Click Start, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-not-being-recognized-by-the-computer.861733/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ahh, my oddysey continues.  Brief recap:  did clean re-install of Windows 7.  All okay briefly.  Then Mozilla Firefox would not start because of a profile error, which dc3 on this forum corrected for me by steering me to correct fix.  Now I have attempted to get my Office 2010 working.  Since it did not show up on my list of programs, went to Microsoft to download the program again; reinstalled it. 

Yet, now it is nowhere to be seen in my Programs list or in any desktop shortcut.  Sigh.

I am running a Sony Vaio Desktop all-in-one with a 2.50 ghz Intel Core i7, 256KB primary memory cache, 1024 KB secondary memory cache, and 8192 KB tertiary memory cache, 64-bit, running Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 with 2484.67 Gigabytes Usable hard drive capacity and 1435.34 Gigabytes free hard drive space.

A:Program Not Recognized by Computer, Tho it is There

What's the link that you downloaded from, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510191/program-not-recognized-by-computer-tho-it-is-there/
Relevancy 39.99%

I replaced my monitor with another, newer monitor that I had sitting around not in use. When I plugged it in, I got a message about a analog signal and it went to sleep.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:monitor not recognized by computer

Okay. What exactly was the message about analog signal? Which cable do you use to connect your computer to your monitor? Is this a VGA connector or a DVI one?

Also, monitors with multiple connectors have the option to choose which one to use a signal source. For example, if your monitor accepts both VGA and DVI connectors, you can access monitor's menu and try either to see if you've got signal. You should refer to monitor's manual to see where exactly can you find this function.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-recognized-by-computer.888856/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi! Just purchased a DVD writer, when i try to install with CD says "installation failed, need windows 98 or higher. I have windows 98 and the writer i bought says compatible with windows 98? Any help? Thanks.

A:DVD writer not recognized by computer

With out installing anything from a CD, just hooking up the burner, probably on your secondary IDE channel as 'Master', with the jumpers of the burner set to 'to 'Master', does it show up in the BIOS? When in Windows if you go to Device Manager is the burner listed there properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-writer-not-recognized-by-computer.506084/
Relevancy 39.99%

I turned on my computer this morning only to discover that I am unable to use my DVD drive to either watch movies, burn data files, or play music at all. Yesterday everything was working fine so I'm not sure what might have happened since yesterday to cause the problems I am having this morning. Below I have included a link to a picture of my device manager window showing the problem I now have.
Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Device Manager Window

A:DVD Drive Not Recognized by my computer

see my post on this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=77299

and un-install ide controllers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dvd-drive-not-recognized-by-my-computer-77493.html
Relevancy 39.99%

It is recognized in Disk Management and Device Manager, but not in My Computer. Any help would be very appreciated. I also have updated the driver. This is on an esata connection. Thanks. stream.

A:External H.D. not recognized in My Computer

windows explorer won't show empty drives by default.

maybe it's that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/160356-external-h-d-not-recognized-my-computer.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Nokia cell phone and two memory cards for it One is the mini SanDisk SD card and the other is also a mini Nokia SD card Now i have adapter for these cards so i could place those cards in my memory card reader on my laptop Now the interesting part comes When i place the mini Nokia SD card into the adapter and card computer memorty not recognized the by then into the computer i recognizes it and i can transfer stuff But when i place the mini SanDisk SD card into the adapter and then into the computer it recognizes it Though when i try to transfer stuff over from my computer to the card or vise memorty card not recognized by the computer versa it gives me an error saying cant write F drive Now my lock switch is off on the adapter so i dont know how come am getting this error It also states to take the write protection off I dont know how to take it off because it already should be off Also i would like to mention that the adapter is SanDisk Dont know if that makes memorty card not recognized by the computer a difference So please can anyone help me with this problem How do i fix the card so i can transfer my stuff Also does card have to be altered or reset while in the cell phone Sorry for so many questions Thanks

A:memorty card not recognized by the computer

Welcome to TSF....

THere may be a difference in format on the two cards that they both will work in the cell and be recognized in the computer but still one might not be accessible. I would contact the Nokia tech suppport about this they should know the answer.

Is you windows xp fat32 or ntfs?

What service pack do you have installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memorty-card-not-recognized-by-the-computer-290027.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey everyone,
I am new to these forums, and I have had this problem of my USB drive not showing up in the My Computer section. It mounts on the computer fine, but it's just not showing up in My Computer. I searched the forums, and I came across <b>Marko Polo's</b> post and I tried all the fixes that were in there, but nothing worked and i am still . I could use all the help I can get.

Thank You
-TariGand

A:USB Drive not recognized in My Computer (searched and tried)

Did you happen to intall drivers for it. If not then go to www.driversguide.com it has almost all the drivers anyone would ever need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-drive-not-recognized-in-my-computer-searched-and-tried-101542.html
Relevancy 39.56%

ok so let me give you the details of my computer...
Windows XP Professional
Gigabyte GA-81915P Duo
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
Gigabyte GV-NX66L Videocard
Antec 400W Power Supply
1GB Kingston DDR2 Memory
1 Seagate SATA 250GB HDD
1 Western Digital ATA 250GB HDD
1 Western Digital SATA 80GB HDD
Samsung DVD-RW
Samsung DVD-ROM
3 1/2" Floppy

ok everything works perfect except the WD SATA 80GB drive does not show up on my computer...but it does show up in Disk Management..it is labeled as Unallocated

the 2 250GB drives show up and work perfect...any ideas guy lemme know

A:recently built new computer..1 HDD not being recognized

you need to right click on the drive in disk management and chose partition then format it before it is going to show up in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recently-built-new-computer-1-hdd-not-being-recognized.42967/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello!

I have a Toshiba external hard drive which has had some issues lately. It is not recognized in "My Computer" and I am unable to access any of the data on it. In Disk Management it appears under a black bar in the Disk 1 row.

When I try to initialize the drive in Disk Management I get an error saying: (Data error) cyclic redundancy check. I have also tried renaming the drive through DISKPART but that didn't seem to solve anything either.

The attached screencap is what I get in disk management.

This is very frustrating and any help is greatly appreciated!

A:500 GB Toshiba Canvio not recognized by computer

Hello and welcome trevor mate do you actually have data on that drive?? if so where from because it is showing unallocated??

If it is new drive and no partitions etc then see this Partition or Volume - Extend

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/308132-500-gb-toshiba-canvio-not-recognized-computer.html