Windows Support Forum

Lost sound after reinstall of windows xp

Q: Lost sound after reinstall of windows xp

I know that there are lots of posts on this, but none have helped.

The computer says that everything is working fine, but there is no sound from either the headphone jack or the speakers.

Recently reinstalled windows xp.

Dell Dimension 4600

From the dell site I have reinstalled the drivers for chipset, bios, and audio. Nothing has worked. There are no conflicts that can be seen. Nothing is on mute.

there are 2 audio drivers that I installed:

SoundMax Integrated Audio
Creative Labs

I think that Soundmax is the main one, but neither of them is producing sound.

I have followed all directions from

the website computerhope issues ch000208.htm

with no luck.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost sound after reinstall of windows xp

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost sound after reinstall of windows xp

See if Windows reports any problem devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Generate a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-sound-after-reinstall-of-windows-xp.143610/
Relevancy 65.79%

I think I had a virus earlier it wipe out some of my sound files and I cannot reinstall them

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi hope someone here can help Here s my story My son s eMachines desktop running Windows XP Home got a virus found by Avast which he told to delete Avast rebooted the sound after Lost XP repair/reinstall computer at which point it went into the un-ending boot loop Some nasty virus out there see umpteen posts recently all with the same problem it seems I read through the forums here to try to solve that issue with no luck although tons of GREAT advice here so I ended up doing a undestructive repair from the OS disk Note- during the repair a Lost sound after XP repair/reinstall dialog popped up that said it couldn t find the folder for the Realtek audio driver and would I kindly point it Lost sound after XP repair/reinstall in the right direction Well the mouse wasn t being recognized and I went to the keyboard and hit the wrong key and told the dialog to cancel Oh well Finish the repair and everything seemed to be fine except that there is no sound I updated Windows and all the drivers at least the ones I could identify There is a yellow quot quot next to the quot multimedia audio controller quot to which I cant seem to find a driver I installed the Realtek HD audio driver and device manager tells me that its working fine I ve plugged the speakers into something else and they work Ive plugged other working speakers into the computer and still no sound I ran MalwareBytes which found some infected files did a reboot still no sound I made sure Windows Audio was started and set to quot Auto quot in services msc Ummmm lets see what else My next step is to uninstall the Realtek drivers and try to reinstall and also boot into BIOS to make sure sound is enabled Oh I also went to the eMachines site and downloaded all the drivers to his machine from there My son records music on his computer and is dying here waiting for me to fix this so I hope someone has a few suggestions Much appreciate your time to read this Thanks

A:Lost sound after XP repair/reinstall

Maybe check the control panel, make sure the sound options are not muted, or the volume turned way down.Might also want to make sure the system is using the realtek device as the default sound playback.Edit: Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279053/lost-sound-after-xp-repairreinstall/
Relevancy 64.93%

Due a corrupt registry file I did a reinstall of Vista Home Premium that fixed the error problem OK but now the sound has gone I have done all the usual stuff like checking the connections trying the speakers on another PC making sure that Mute has not been selected and trying to test the sounds under the hardware setup etc but no luck so far Under device manager the Sounds Video amp Game Controllers shows my devices as High Definition Audio Device USB Audio Device Both of these are quot working properly quot Also searched the Knowledge Base and came up with a known fix being KB but I already have that update installed anyway I have done the quot update driver quot routine but am I missing the actual sound card here The above two Lost reinstall Solved: after Vista sound devices don t appear to me to be an actual sound card I slipped in the installation Motherboard CD to see if anything was there but nothing that was obvious Also tried uninstalling reinstalling them both but still not getting very far on this one Wonder why a simple reinstall would cause this hangup nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Title says it all. My computer is very sick and I've received an error message today saying windows must be reinstalled, insert the reinstallation dvd. I don't have that disk anymore though I do still have the product key.

What should I do?

A:How do I reinstall windows 7 if I've lost the reinstall disk?

You may need to buy a new one. Do you have a recovery partition on your hard drive?

That is a very strange message, though. Are you sure you're not infected? Where and when did you see such a message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-reinstall-windows-7-if-ive-lost-the-reinstall-disk.1056130/
Relevancy 57.62%

My aunt is having some problems with her PC, and I'm hoping that I can fix it without a reformat. Mostly because she does not have a recovery disc. Her computer was given to her by a friend, but he kept all the OS discs and has subsequently moved away.

We do have her serial number. She's running XP Home. I have an XP Pro CD, but I have a feeling that it's not going to help.

Does anyone know of a way to get a replacement installation CD? Or if it's possible to repair Home from a Pro CD?

Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I have a Dell Studio 15 and have replaced the hard drive as the old one went kaput!
I cannot find the installation disc, how do I go about reinstalling windows without it?

Thanks

nick

A:Reinstall Windows with lost disc

Mirams
If you are within your warranty period you can click the link below to request backup media disc for the US/Canada/UK. For other countries please contact Dell Support in your area. If your warranty has ended you can click the other link to purchase recovery media.
Request Backup Media Disk-US/Canada Only
Purchase Recovery Disk

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19674728
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, I recently reinstalled windows from Home Premium 32-bit to Ultimate 64-bit.
All was okay, except the fact that I could not connect to my home wifi. It asked me for a password, I typed it in, then it asked me for it again, but this time it inmediatly said that it was invalid. Other responses i?ve had are Network security mismatch, windows cannot connect to the network...
I?ve tried many different things, such as installiing the 32-bit version of Ultimate, updating drivers, and i cant connect to the wirelles.
My wifi card is a Conceptronic C300i, http://www.conceptronic.net/files/C300RI.pdf.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me!

A:Windows 7 reinstall-lost wireless effectiveness.

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

I'm going to suggest a rather generic set of troubleshooting steps:

open Network and Sharing Center
click on Manage Wireless Networks
right click on each network name listed and select Remove network from the context menu
restart the computer and try to connect to your Wireless Access Point again

If that does not fix things - there are a few other things that we can try - like uninstalling the network adapter and re-instaling it.......

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270506-windows-7-reinstall-lost-wireless-effectiveness.html
Relevancy 55.47%

how do i get it back? my total disk space in c is 37.28 gb. i had 80% free space in c before i did a clean reinstall as my hubby messed up something. im now down to 69% free space. what happened to it? the computer is working fine and i know windows xp home sp2 uses a lot of space but this is a puzzle to me. any suggestions welcomed. ive cleaned the disk and defragged but it didnt give me back much free space. i thought a clean reinstall is supposed to wipe everything out and put you back to brand new.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I want to reinstall Windows SE on my Lost Windows Question. disc!!! Restore Reinstall Gateway Select and I ve somehow LOST my Gateway restore CD Gateway told me that I d need to download all the drivers from their website Trouble is I m a newbie to all of this and the driver list for the MB and BIOS look so similar that I have NO CLUE what to download The last thing I want to do is assume I have the correct drivers reinstall windows then find that the drivers don t work I have the drivers for my sound card vid card ethernet Windows Reinstall Question. Lost Restore disc!!! card mouse and modem What else is left I could care less about the software that Gateway shipped either I don t want it I have all the disc s to all the software I need PLUS I m gonna back my system up w my RW drive I m VERY VERY nervous about doing all this and I need advice and help BAD My CPU is an Athlon I m not sure what kind of motherboard I have Can someone please give me the quot bottom line quot on how this has to work Thanks a million Jason nbsp

A:Windows Reinstall Question. Lost Restore disc!!!

Sounds to me like you have everything you need. The motherboard and bios doesn't need drivers anymore and if so you could obtain them off of the internet just by going to the motherboard manufacturers website. Just format the HD and reinstall a new operating system to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-reinstall-question-lost-restore-disc.47165/
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently re install windows 7 on to computers. On the first one sound is fine on 2nd one there is no sound at all. On checking in volume mixer the System sound does not appear to be working, although the speakers are. In device manager it says drivers are up to date. Could anyone help please or is anyone able to do a remote control of my PC to fix it ? Regards Rosie

A:No sound since reinstall of windows 7

Try this for starters: Start Orb>Type Troubleshooting, click on the link. Under Hardware and Sound select Troubleshoot audio playback. Follow the prompts.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/319174-no-sound-since-reinstall-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I already reinstal my windows and i dont have any sound.I dont know what i must instal to hear the sound from the speakers some one help me please.

A:No sound after Windows reinstall

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-windows-reinstall.56753/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello guys i would like some help if possible with my windows sound I have decided to reinstall my Windows after Windows Reinstall Sound after Problem(?) many consecutive problems in the last month safe Sound Problem(?) after Windows Reinstall boot not loading internet explorer flashes and closes immediately etc So the problems i had were fixed after reinstalling except the sound I dont know why but i believe my sound is lower than before and also in device manager under the Sound Video and game controllers i have only drivers The AMD High Definition Audio Device and RealTek High Definition Audio but i am pretty sure that before the reinstallation i had audio drivers under this category I dont remember the name of that driver so i cant google it My question is it any way to find the missing driver i have tried the scan for hardware changes but it doesnt find anything Its not a big problem but it sounds kinda weird and i believe the problem is from the missing driver that i dont remember the name of it Any help would be appreciated

A:Sound Problem(?) after Windows Reinstall

Hi gotrekt Driver issues? I love these, let's see what we can do. In your Device Manager, click on the View menu and select Show hidden devices. Do you see new devices appear under Sound, Video and Game Controllers?Device ManagerFollow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and list the Other devices present in it;On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;List every devices showing under Other devices. If nothing shows, you might have to click on the little arrow on the left to make the list appear;DxDiag LogFollow the instructions below to create a dxdiag log and post it in your next reply.Press on the Win Key + R keys to bring up the Run menu;Enter dxdiag in the box and press on Enter;If a message comes up asking you if you want to check if your drivers are digitally signed or not, click on Yes;Once the dxdiag report window open, wait for it to load completely. The progress bar is in the bottom left corner;Click on the Save All Information... button, then save the file on your Desktop as dxdiag.txt;Open the text file, then copy/paste all the content in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564509/sound-problem-after-windows-reinstall/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi and thank you very much in advance for you help I recently reinstalled windows XP and now I have no sound I m pretty sure it s a driver situation but I don t know where or what kind of driver to get There is a yellow question mark next to Multimedia Audio Controllers and next to Video controllers in my device manager XP Windows Reinstall Solved: Sound of No After list but it is unable to find a new driver for either Attached is my hardware profile from Belarc Thank you for your time Windows XP Professional Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States BUYMPC MicronPC MPC L N System Serial Number - Chassis Serial Number - Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded Board buympc com L N Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc Version T Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space QSI CDRW DVD SBW U CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC WD BB- FJA Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCAJC rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot has MB Slot has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS Solved: No Sound After Reinstall of Windows XP on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast Solved: No Sound After Reinstall of Windows XP logon Blake PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin ASPNET never Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP DeskJet C on LPT Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller None detected Bus Adapters Multimedia O Micro OZ CardBus Controller SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top new Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Smart Link K Voice Modem Net Adapter SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address D EA Networking Dns Servers OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller HID-compliant consumer control device USB Human Interface Device x PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key HID-compliant mouse x USB Composite Device USB Root Hub x nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have tried to install latest driver from hp site...   but problem is not solve... cross is mention on speaker in task bar.... before reinstalling windows sound was all right.... No audio output device is installed...its not showing any device in ^playback devices^ and ^recording devices^....i have reinstalled windows 5 time and also upgrade windows 2 time... but problem is same....Please suggest me how i can solve this issue....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-system-problem-after-reinstall-windows/td-p/5839648
Relevancy 52.03%

so my sound doesnt work and i cant reinstall my drivers either My Computer HP G me sound drivers let reinstall wont screenshots - windows - DX Laptop Specs - http h www hp com ewfrf wc foCategory amp cc us amp dlc en amp lc en amp product Running Windows -bit How problem came about The other day i restarted my computer during the blue quot Shutting Down quot screen my computer said it was installing Windows Updates quot Installing of Do not power off quot windows wont let me reinstall sound drivers - screenshots I pulled the laptop onto my lap and out comes the power plug My comp s batteries are shot and relies on the power cord Well i shut down my computer during the screen that said quot installing windows wont let me reinstall sound drivers - screenshots updates do not shut down quot Since then audio hasn t worked When the computer booted up again the sound didn t work So I tried letting windows updates finish updating windows wont let me reinstall sound drivers - screenshots which it did successfully But my sound drivers webcam drivers and modem drivers don t work and wont install Right now i just want to fix my sound The bottom right speaker has an X on it usually the muted icon and when i click on it it asks to reinstall the High def audio device driver When I tell it to reinstall the driver it returns with a screen that says it couldn t fix the issue and that quot High Definition Audio Device has a driver problem quot I downloaded the Conexant High Definition SmartAudio driver for and yes for w bit my laptop from HP s site and tried to install it and it returns an error that says when i try to manually search for a driver and choose the unzipped driver i downloaded from HP and it says any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have inspiron 15 with Windows 7 home. My harddrive crashed so I got a new hard drive and reinstalled OS from dell reinstallation disks. Everything worked fine for couple of months and I started noticing sound distored (from all sources, youtube, mp3s etc both from onboard speakers and headphones). The video also slows down when the sound lags and gets distoted. I have Ubuntu linux on the same machine where the sound is clear which tells me that its a software issue.

I have updated all the drivers to latest multiple times.
I have disabled sound enhancement but nothing changed.
I have removed all the latest windows updates hoping to restore to earlier point but no change.

I created a restore point but I have been overwriting the same file so I don't think I can roll back to earlier working restore point.

Is there anything I could do to fix the issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

A:Inspiron 15 n5010 Windows 7 home distorted sound after os reinstall

There many different Inspiron 15's. What is the exact model you have? e.g. Inspiron 15 (N5010), etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/341776-inspiron-15-n5010-windows-7-home-distorted-sound-after-os-reinstall.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I just recently re-installed Windows Xp Home on my computer because it was running slow and so messed up with spyware it needed it Every time I try to install XP there are always errors I think this might Reinstall.. Problem Firewire / Installing Card Sound Windows Xp be from having a bad cd drive with a damaged laser of some sort because for Windows Xp Reinstall.. Sound Card / Installing Firewire Problem quite some time now I haven t been able to burn cd s or rip cd s without usually running into problems After my first time trying to re-install I noticed my bios was making a beeping noise every time a sound usually would and I recieve an Error ID x every time I try to use windows media player Now I know there is a sound card installed on Windows Xp Reinstall.. Sound Card / Installing Firewire Problem my computer And before the reinstall it was working perfectly fine What system files might be missing from my computer that would allow it to read my sound card I went into the Add Hardware area and checked and it says that the Legacy Audio Drivers are there I tried re-installing them didn t help any I ve now done a system repair twice running into several errors each time I try to do it One of the files that didn t get put on the computer because of either a corruption on the disk or the file not being on the disk was wab dll Another was amsl dll I believe and something along the lines of incomm As well as an outlook dll of some sort not that I care outlook sucks Anyways I ve recently bought protools and an interface to go with and this interface requires firewire I just bought a firewire card today and since I m not rookie to installing PCI cards did so quite easily However I went to add hardware and it said that no drivers were found And I m pretty sure as soon as I restarted the Add Hardware wizard should have popped up and it didn t I repaired my system after this and during the blue screen setup of windows it showed that it installed an IEEE Bus card or what not which is the firewire card But it s still not there Any suggestions Please help me I need help badly -Nick

A:Windows Xp Reinstall.. Sound Card / Installing Firewire Problem

Did you by any chance replace the cd rom you think is bad?

What did you use to reinstall Windows? - A manufacturer's restore disk or a Windows XP installation cd, and does it include SP1 - Sp2?

Is your computer possibly a major brand computer that has a Restore partition?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64292/windows-xp-reinstall-sound-card-installing-firewire-problem/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Windows 7 and I have lost the capabilities of my skype mic. It worked when I had XP but does not work now. It is suppose to work with win7, I also tried using a download of driver fetch, that also did nothing. I need some help.

A:windows 7 lost sound

Have you installed your audio chip drivers so that the proper jack sensing functionality is enabled? If not do you know what audio chip your computer has so I can direct you to the appropriate driver, or if you don't know that the exact brand and model number of your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-lost-sound.912033/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was cleaning up my wife's computer yesterday, and I am afraid I may have deleted some files I should not have. She now has no sound whatsoever! What do I do? I am thinking there should be some sort of Microsoft site where you can restore parts of Windows XP a hacker may have lopped off -- after all, I did pay for and register the OS.

A:Windows XP Lost Sound

is this a on board or other? Might try a system restore and if works re do your cleaning

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-lost-sound.444910/
Relevancy 51.17%

My other pc (now my son's) Window 98 system lost sound. The sound icon (or speaker/volume icon) in the system tray is gone. I've downloaded & reinstalled the sound card driver - but I still get no sound device found. I have given up.....cannot use the DVD or CD drives or do anything that needs to use the sound device. Need help in resolving this.

A:Windows 98 lost sound

Delete the sound card from device manager then reboot to see if it picks up the new hardware and then attempt to load the drivers if it picks it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98-lost-sound.199045/
Relevancy 51.17%

I usually run a Windows XP partition off of a MacBook Pro. Recently I was trying to install a computer game onto this partition and ran into some memory problems. In the midst of trying to free up memory I lost my sound on my Windows XP. The sound works fine on the Mac portion of my laptop. Was this random or did deleting a certain program do this to me? What's the easiest way for me to get my sound back?

A:Lost Sound on Windows XP

Verify that all sound drivers are installed.
To open device manager: start > run > devmgmt.msc

If there are any !, ?, or X
in the list then you need to update/reinstall the drivers or enable the device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-sound-on-windows-xp-384675.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Last week I had to resolve a redirect issue but since then I have lost windows sound basic specs are Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Install Date Motherboard BIOSTAR Group GF -M Processor AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM mhz here is how things stand I can get sound from media player amp winamp There are no windows sounds available - checked in control panel and play button is greyed out There is windows lost Solved: sound no sound in Firefox or IE - Have uninstalled and reinstalled flash java amp silverlight I have uninstalled and reinstalled my audio drivers realtec HD audio driver ver I have tried to do a repair install of Xp but can t as SP won t uninstall and I d rather not do a clean install might as well buy if I need to do that again used C Cleaners registry tool with no effect the same with Driver Genius some one on the net had luck with installing the K-lite codecs now uninstalled but again no joy I m now at a loss what to do nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I own at Pentium 4 XP Home Edition PC. Recently, I lost all of my default system sounds--like boot up sound and closing sound. The sound card is okay, because I can play CDs, listen to Real Player and otherwise get sounds.

I have gone into the sounds and audio devices properties panel and don't seem to be able to set it to play the sounds. The test button works the sounds fine, but I cannot actually activate them!

I have troubleshooted by surfing the web, installing various supposed registry fixes. I have also read the Microsoft data base articles that seem to pertain. SO FAR NOTHING HAS HELPED.

Can anyone suggest what I do short of reinstalling Windows? I don't want to take that drastic step!

Thank you.

Relevancy 50.74%

I installed Windows 7 on my Dell Insiron 6000 and I now have no sound...
What are the possible solutions?

A:Lost sound after Windows 7 install

and welcome to the Forum

go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers

See this for the order they should be installed:

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=en&l=en&s=dhs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-sound-after-windows-7-install-444152.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Following the latest Windows Update see attached details prior to which my system was functioning perfectly I'm now having a number of problems notably loss of sound After the updates were installed the system rebooted twice and then I was faced after Lost sound Update Windows with two messages both saying quot Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre quot had stopped working but with no apparent loss of mouse or keyboard function Then Lost sound after Windows Update I noticed the Volume icon was missing in the System Tray and there was no sound Eventually I traced the problem down to the fact that Windows Audio Service and one or other of its dependencies had failed to start I corrected these errors using quot services msc quot and the sound returned although I have not been able to restore the Volume icon When I click on the Notification Area icons screen it tells me that Windows Audio Service is not working even though it is and the ability to make the Volume icon visible is greyed out However everytime I reboot I notice the Volume icon appears albeit crossed out fleetingly before disappearing and yet again the Windows Audio Service fails to start I've now got to the stage where I have a shortcut to quot services msc quot to restart Audio I really don't know where to start on this I have reinstalled the Audio driver for my motherboard but to no avail I am running Windows bit SP my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P -ES G v the Audio is provided by onboard Realtek Any thoughts anyone please Thanks Alan

A:Lost sound after Windows Update

Have you tried a restore point before the update

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-sound-after-windows-update-849625.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I'm new to this forum.

I'm in trouble. I have reboot my other pc. Reinstalled windows xp onto it and upgraded to service pack 3 only to find that there is no default sound device onboard.

What's worse is that the computer company went bust and the sound card is attached to the motherboard.

HELP!!!

A:Windows XP has been rebooted and I've lost sound

Did you load all the drivers after you loaded the OS on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-has-been-rebooted-and-ive-lost-sound-345634.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Following the latest Windows Update see attached details prior to which my system was functioning perfectly I m now having a number of problems notably loss of sound After the updates were installed the system rebooted twice and then I Lost Update after Windows sound was faced with two messages both saying quot Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre quot had stopped working but with no apparent loss Lost sound after Windows Update of mouse or keyboard function Then I noticed the Lost sound after Windows Update Volume icon was missing in the System Tray and there was no sound Eventually I traced the problem down to the fact that Windows Audio Service and one or other of its dependencies had failed to start I corrected these errors using quot services msc quot and the sound returned although I have not been able to restore the Volume icon When I click on the Notification Area icons screen it tells me that Windows Audio Service is not working even though it is and the ability to make the Volume icon visible is greyed out However everytime I reboot I notice the Volume icon appears albeit crossed out fleetingly before disappearing and yet again the Windows Audio Service fails to start I ve now got to the stage where I have a shortcut to quot services msc quot to restart Audio I really don t know where to start on this I have reinstalled the Audio driver for my motherboard but to no avail I am running Windows bit SP my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P -ES G v the Audio is provided by onboard Realtek Any thoughts anyone please Thanks Alan nbsp

A:Lost sound after Windows Update

Hello,
You could remove those updates, then use the MS System Restore point which was created just before the Updates were installed, and see if that will solve your problem; if that is the case, then reinstall those updates one at the time to determine which one is causing the issue; rinse and repeat but set that updated to be hidden or ignored; then check the motherboard manufacturer's support forums for a permanent fix
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-after-windows-update.1127734/
Relevancy 50.74%

Recently, windows update informed me that there was an update for my sound card. Having peformed this update, all sound has been lost and windows says there are no sound devices installed.
The driver reported as being the update was called something like vynl 97'AC.
My sound card is part of my motherboard, the ASUS P4B533-X. It is called the ADI AD1888 SoundMAX. All attempts to install the driver from the motherboard disc have failed, and there is no option to roll back the driver.
I assume this is a driver issue, and i was wondering if there is a way to revert to the driver used by windows up untill this update.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Sound lost with windows update.

If you know which update caused the problem then use "add/remove programs" to uninstall it. In add/remove click the box at the top that gives you the option to "show updates" - you will then see it and be able to un-install it. I'm more inclined to think the driver got corrupted and needs to be re-installed. Remove the update and then try installing the original driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-lost-with-windows-update-295151.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have reinstalled Windows XP Professional but seem to have lost sound.

Musicmatch Jukebox returns the error message “MMJB Soundcard Problem, WaveOut Format not supported”.

Does anybody know what this problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 50.74%

My speakers and headset work just fine when plugged into another PC neither work on mine in any port This happened suddenly I did a Windows Update to SP yesterday and last night I put but thinks Lost have still it I windows sound, it on hibernate like usual But when I woke up my PC seemed to have restarted itself for an unknown reason it was on and my taskbar was missing things And the sound was gone Windows still THINKS it is playing sound though If I go into the volume control the green bar still rises and falls when something is playing I tried a system restore to before the update didn't work I updated the audio driver from my motherboards website Lost sound, but windows thinks I still have it didn't work The speakers are showing up as the audio output device This isn't the first time I've had this problem I've had it Lost sound, but windows thinks I still have it before when doing clean installs of Win Usually it would happen after most of the updates were done and went away after a few days The best lead I ever got was that it seemed like a Microsoft Update for Internet Explorer seemed to fix it for some reason but that is not available Lost sound, but windows thinks I still have it to me as an update at this time so I cannot try it I'm really at a loss here what could the problem be

A:Lost sound, but windows thinks I still have it

Right click your sound icon and select playback. What is your default setting? In the same window under sounds tab at the top, what sound scheme are you using? Should be set to "windows default". Again in the same window under communications, what is ticked? It should be "Reduce the volume by of other sounds by 80%" ticked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/236043-lost-sound-but-windows-thinks-i-still-have.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I was attack by searchconduit bug  or virus and got most of it taking care of my sound for the internet and I still have the opening window with searchconduit populating it . very Sorry intro first Mike Miller 3 years IT student a Kaplan University , what do i need to do to 1 get my sound back and 2 dump searchconduit from bugging my systems .

A:lost sound windows 7 home premium

Hello Michael.I moved this from WIN7 to Am I Infected as you are.What did you run to remove it?Lets also do these.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.After the scan has finished...<-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->This time click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.... Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522118/lost-sound-windows-7-home-premium/
Relevancy 49.88%

Please help me, when i finish an important entrevist in my Windows Sound Recorder, my pc is turn off and i lost all record. Please help me!!!

A:I lost the recording to Windows Sound Recorder

http://www.merriam-webster.com/spanish/entrevista

What is the name of the file?

What kind of file was it (i.e. it's extention) ? .avi, .mpg., etc...? ?

Is this a downloaded file (such as YouTube), or what?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-lost-the-recording-to-windows-sound-recorder-538003.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am really sorry to bother again. But I can't get any sound in my PC. I need it desperately, since I work as a translator and I just got a program to dictate to my PC. (Voice to Text) and there is no way I can get WMD to work. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

raramuristar

A:NO SOUND-windows media device lost

first we need some specs on the computer and when you started having this prob. what type of media card you have and so forth and how long have you had your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-windows-media-device-lost.538629/
Relevancy 49.88%

My Desktop PC updated this morning and, although my headphones work very well with Skype, when I try to watch any saved video my sound has gone. I am using typically Windows Media Player, but I have also tried with a few others, all of which were working only yesterday.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/lost-sound-after-windows-10-anniversary-update-4605136/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently reformatted my pc succesfully apart from unfortunately lossing the sound, I have tried what I can with my limited knowledge in computer technology.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, new here so I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot. I ran a combo-fix scan on my computer, which I've done a bunch of times with no problem. This time for some reason it deleted my explorer, windows media player, firefox, and my sound. I got back most of the important things i needed, but I can't figure out how to get the sound to work again? Also how do i get windows media player back? Thanks for your help.

A:lost sound and windows media player

Do you need your combofix log analyzed? If you do then please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.If not then do the following:Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389953/lost-sound-and-windows-media-player/
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been reading through the forums trying to get the thing to work but it is not. I just installed Windows 7 and my soundcard no longer works. Here are the specs:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&SUBSYS_10031102&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&SUBSYS_10031102
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&CC_0401

Not sure why all the Daniel K stuff I've been downloading doesn't work. HELP!!!

A:Dell 8300 Windows Upgrade - Lost Sound

Quote: Originally Posted by Spenser

I've been reading through the forums trying to get the thing to work but it is not. I just installed Windows 7 and my soundcard no longer works. Here are the specs:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&SUBSYS_10031102&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&SUBSYS_10031102
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&CC_0401

Not sure why all the Daniel K stuff I've been downloading doesn't work. HELP!!!

I just bought a 8300 with WIN7 x64 installed. I used my speakers from my old DELL, and the sound is awesome. I may be a little simplistic, but if you suddenly don't have sound after doing an installation, could you possibly need to install the driver for your sound card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/163446-dell-8300-windows-upgrade-lost-sound.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Yes I updated my Adobe and lost all sound. At first I had a little then none. Not sure why.
ANy help appreciated.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 Windows XP OS
Thanks
Dave

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

Please i really need your help, i decided to do a complete reformat of my hard drive as i have done serveral times before. I was using windows vista and done it in the dos screen and it formatted fine and then i tried to reinstall and it said that there as no correct volume to install to. now i have no boot manager also, on a poss my drive is clean but i cant install nothing. I need some really guidance......... Many Thanks Alex

A:Help !!!! I Have Lost It All & Cant Reinstall

try this use dban to 0 fill the hard driver then reinstall vista

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-have-lost-it-all-cant-reinstall.547989/
Relevancy 48.16%

I want to reinstall my Laptop as it is starting to run slow after years of bad practice on it!
Anyways, i don't really know how to get them, i have a genuine version of Vista installed (it came with it when i bought it from PC World)

Anyone know where i can get another reinstall CD from that will still mean i have a genuine copy of Vista?

Its a HP Compaq, on the bottom it calls it a Presario F500. And a litle lower from that it says: F504eu. Need any more info let me know.

Is it anything to do with this page?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&lang=en&product=3380575
Thanks in advanced

A:Lost my reinstall CD

Recovering from the partition on the hard drive​You can perform a recovery from the partition on the hard drive from either the Start button or ​​​​f11.
To restore the system from the partition, follow these steps:​
1. ​​​​​​​​​​Access Recovery Manager in either of the following ways:​
&#9679; ​​​​Select Start > All Programs > Recovery Manager > Recovery Manager.​
&#9679; ​​​​Restart the computer and press f11 while the &#8220;Press <F11> for recovery&#8221; message is displayed
on the screen. Then select Recovery Manager.
Recovery Manager opens.​
2. ​​​​​​​​​​Click Advanced Options.​
3. ​​​​​​​​​​Click System recovery, and then click Next.​
4. ​​​​​​​​​​Follow the on-screen instructions.​

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-reinstall-cd.822873/
Relevancy 47.73%

I built my own computer and at that time I purchased a copy of Win SP I installed it without a problem and it has been working well for years Lately things have started to slip my Windows Media Player stopped working and I tried everything I seen on YouTube to fix but can't get it So I decided to reinstall Win SP SP1 not my lost reinstall 7 and Trying to Win stuff and I am trying not to lose my programs and data I do have backups but want to try and avoid that So I put the Win DVD into the drive restarted and got the computer to boot from the DVD I accepted the terms of use agreement and then I had two choices Install upgrade Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff etc or Clean install I know clean install is not what I want so I choose Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff the top choice When I clicked it a notice came up that I should stop the install eject the DVD let the computer start normally then reinsert the DVD and perform the install after computer boots normally So I did that inserted the DVD but nothing The DVD does not even show up in my device list Any help would be appreciated

A:Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff

Before you reinstall Windows, there might be a way to fix your Media Player. == Try a System Restore This will restore your PC to the way it was as of the date of the System Restore you choose. Go back to the date before you had the problem. If that does not solve your problem, try this next. == Follow this tutorial and do a Repair Install This WILL NOT erase any of your programs. It will repair any problems in Windows. Do that and get back to us and see if it helped. == One more thing that would help get things corrected is to fill your System Specs in completely so we know what your PC is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/398080-trying-reinstall-win-7-sp1-not-lost-my-stuff.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Good Afternoon Just to start off I'm new to the Reinstall All after OS Connections lost forum and just a self taught PC User even though I use them all day at work I have recently reinstalled Windows Professional Bit onto a Samsung NP B B old work laptop from a recovery disc bought online used successfully before this was to remove all data and network info to use the machine at home and now the All Connections lost after OS Reinstall laptop has rebooted all the Network Wifi connections have been lost I have tried the obvious fixes like downloading the driver package from Samsung and loaded via USB from desktop had a chat with Samsung who were not particularly helpful checked Wifi Network Connections in BIOS amp Control Panel It looks like the machine knows the Hardware All Connections lost after OS Reinstall is there but does not know what it is and cannot match up the drivers I have installed If I can just get the Wifi connection working the rest should update automatically If anybody has any ideas how I can resolve this please contact me I would be really grateful Thanks Chrislabert

A:All Connections lost after OS Reinstall

Make sure all the network adapters are enabled in the BIOS. A BIOS reset may even help.

What is the Error code for the adapters in the Device Manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/399419-all-connections-lost-after-os-reinstall.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

In my old system (one month old), OS and programs were on the C: partition (40GB), the Data was on the D: partition (260GB). System has two 160GB hard drives in RAID0 config. I had to reinstall XP due to boot problems, and my understanding was that I could reinstall OS on C: and not affect anything on the D: partition.

After reinstall, the D: partition is completely gone. Windows explorer shows only 40GB C: drive. Going into the Disk Management shows the C: 40GB as healthy and the remaining 260GB as free space. I assume all the data on the D: partition is still there. My limited understanding of setting up partitions was that if the OS was ever corrupted, I just had to reinstall OS into that partition and still have the data partition intact and accessible.

Are there any suggestions as to how I can recover the data partition? Appreciate any help/advice.

Regards,
Aish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-d-partition-after-xp-reinstall.452104/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi friends,

I have a problem with reinstalling win 7.
Suddenly i got a blue screen
with these notifications
0x8007043c
0x0000007B
(0XFFFFF880009A98E8
-----------------------------
Still after more than 20 years Windows it is still mathematique to solve this!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
There was 2 partitions
Drive C 500 gig
Drive D 400 gig
---------------------------------------------
So when i start up the pc and i want to restore or reinstall win 7 64 bit it doesnt recognize the C drive.
The only option i got is to delete that partition and make a new one or is there another sollution?
------------------------
I ask you if Dreamlinux 3 on usb can solve my problem?
And when i make a new partition will it be possible to recover some important folders on my desktop please?
thank you for the fast respons

Ziggu

A:Win 7 reinstall - lost partition!

Ziggu

Where your os system resides? In C: or in D:
More info about your spec system can help the forum help you.
In your request you said: restore or reinstall. The restore is definitely another thing of reinstall because the first one will lead you back in time where windows were perfectly running but the reinstall will wipe your entire folders and programs. Be aware of what you do.
In your administrative tools, can you see partition C: and if there are occupied spaces in? If so, can you provide us with a screenshot of it?

Stay aware

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/161078-win-7-reinstall-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay the setup I have two physical hard disks Each had two drives WinXP was installed on the first drive of the first disk C but after being unable to resolve some virus issues I reformatted C and reinstalled WinXP The second drive on this disk E shows up properly formatted and available but now Win lost Reinstall Partitions after XP my second disk the second physical hard disk is rubbish The second disk is GB but only shows up as GB Now this happened when I first installed it but I resolved this and was able to access all GB I would like to somehow get WinXP to recognize my partitions again which I know are perfectly intact haven t been touched Partitions lost after Win XP Reinstall but have been made inaccessible by the reinstall By the way I don t know what causes this problem but know that several other users have mentioned similar problems I haven t seen a solution anywhere though I tried rescanning in Disk Management The disk shows up in BIOS and in the Device Manager it s healthy and it even shows up in My Computer again only as a GB unformatted drive though I don t know how to resolve this Do I need data recovery software and if so can anyone recommend a good one Or is there some other solution to this problem I ve read suggestions about quot fixing quot the partition table but that s way over my head Thanks in advance for any help you have I promise to use Ghost when I get this fixed nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

This actually happened on two PCs in two days, my one at home and one at the office. the one at the office is now running Windows XP Pro, I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS, then i noticed the sound wasn't working so, i installed the VIA sound driver and now the PC says sound is workin but there is no sound coming out of the speakers! Anyhelp, much appreciated!

A:Audio lost after XP Pro Reinstall

Try this:

Open regedit (Start>>Run in Run type regedit click OK)

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound

In the right pane be sure 'Beep' and 'ExtendedSounds' are set to 'yes'

You may also want to check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307918/en-us

If that doesn't help go here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Go to line 371. Restore Sound - Windows Audio Service. Right click on it and select either "Save to download folder" or "Save target as".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-lost-after-xp-pro-reinstall.667287/
Relevancy 47.73%

Thanks for reading this I currently have partitions C and D on gig hard drives divided in Raid configuration Over the past year or so I have been keeping my C drive for my windows xp OS install and apps while I put all my documents and media on the larger D partition The idea was that if I ever had to reinstall Windows know everything I reinstall I've hidden? if lost it's don't SP2 XP or After just if I wouldn t have to move all my docs and After XP SP2 reinstall I don't know if I've lost everything or if it's just hidden? media Well today was the day for the reinstall The problem is that I liked the idea of organizing my documents in the My Documents folder structure but I didn t want it all to reside on the C partition along with the OS Therefore I made a MY Documents folder on the D Partition and made it the target of the My Documents folder on my desktop It seemed to work well Whenever I put stuff in that folder on my desktop it showed up in the target on my D partition However after reinstalling windows today the target folder on my D partition says access denied when and when I try to open it and shows up as empty no files when I get info on the folder I don t know If I ve lost everything or if windows simply can t see my files I feel like my documents and media are still there since the used space on the partition is still about gig which is consistent with before my reinstall I did try several file recovery utilities like Pandora but the files that were found seemed to be files that I actually DID knowingly delete at one time The utilities didn t turn up files that I was expecting to see I hope this means that my files are still somewhere in limbo on the D partition waiting to be found I just need help making XP find them if they are indeed still there Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated Thanks Curtis nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-xp-sp2-reinstall-i-dont-know-if-ive-lost-everything-or-if-its-just-hidden.680456/
Relevancy 47.73%

I built my own computer and 7 lost Win SP1 reinstall Trying to stuff my not and at that time I purchased a copy of Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff Win SP I installed it without a problem and it has been working well for years Lately things have started to slip my Windows Media Player stopped working and I tried everything I seen on YouTube to fix but can't get it So I decided to reinstall Win SP and I am trying Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff not to lose my programs and data I do have backups but want to try and avoid that So I put the Win DVD into the drive restarted and got the computer to boot from the DVD I accepted the terms of use agreement and then I had two choices Install upgrade Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff etc or Clean install I know clean install is not what I want so I choose the top choice When I clicked it a notice came up that I should stop the install eject the DVD let the computer start normally then reinsert the DVD and perform the install after computer boots normally So I did that inserted the DVD but nothing The DVD does not even show up in my device list Any help would be appreciated

A:Trying to reinstall Win 7 SP1 and not lost my stuff

Before you reinstall Windows, there might be a way to fix your Media Player. == Try a System Restore This will restore your PC to the way it was as of the date of the System Restore you choose. Go back to the date before you had the problem. If that does not solve your problem, try this next. == Follow this tutorial and do a Repair Install This WILL NOT erase any of your programs. It will repair any problems in Windows. Do that and get back to us and see if it helped. == One more thing that would help get things corrected is to fill your System Specs in completely so we know what your PC is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398080-trying-reinstall-win-7-sp1-not-lost-my-stuff.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I reinstalled windows XP and now in system it shows ethernet, multimedia, pci simpler communications, smbus, video controllers are ? what did or didn't I do and how do I fix it...it's my husbands computer HELP!! Or he said mine goes in the garbage with his!!!

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in, if its not hopefully someone can point me in the right direction
My laptop is running Windows 7, I'm not entirely sure which version but I've printed off my recovery discs before and reinstalled in the past, my girlfriend and I moved a few months ago and I'm guessing one of us forgot to pack away and bring with us the discs
I did a recovery with the options I had but I can tell it wasn't a clean installation and it still remembers a lot of old memory from my previous installation
How do I fix this, I can't read the serial key as its rubbed off after having the laptop on my lap/bed
Could I buy a new Windows and install that and have a clean install that way?
Thank you

A:I need to reinstall but I lost my discs

Hello Thequietone, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, you sure could buy a new Windows 7 to do a clean install with if you wanted to.

Before you do, be sure to have all of your laptop's drivers downloaded and saved somewhere (ex: USB flash drive) to have ready to install when you are finished installing Windows 7. You should be able to get them at the laptop manufacturer's driver download page for your specific laptop model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/274811-i-need-reinstall-but-i-lost-my-discs.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi,
I have been getting BSOD for some time now and been trying heaps of things to fix it, today I tried reinstalling windows, i knew this would remove my files but didnt realise i would lose everything, its still there under 'windows.old' but i cant use anything.
what can i do to get the programs back. or what options do i have to get it working again?

A:vista reinstall lost everything

You'll have to install any new programs you want to use. An upgrade install would have kept all the programs active, but you didn't do that. In Windows.old, look for any files you want to keep. Once there are none, you can delete the folder using Disk Cleanup and checking the appropriate box.

There is a way to re-use the old Windows instead of the new active one now, but that's a hassle and I think you should keep your new install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reinstall-lost-everything-485503.html
Relevancy 47.73%

A desktop recently failed on me, and I'm not sure why it happened. At first glance, it appeared to be a basic HDD failure. The problem is, I can still see the drive in BIOS, but I can't boot from the OS disk to either repair or reinstall the OS. I tried using a brand new HDD and got the same result. It goes directly to the attached screen no matter what I try. Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Thank you for reading gb reinstall upon on ssd win7 my lost my entry I have a new factory fresh intel ssd - I used my Gateway Win cd to install Win onto the drive In a matter of days I had to unfortunately uninstall that fresh install and do a full install windows a second time This second install is different - The available gb on my SSD is less than before - Attached is a screenshot from Active partition manager found the info about this program on this forum So you can see what partitions I have on my ssd Can you please tell me if I can safely delete anything Or how to repartition the ssd to recover my missing gb's Or how to format this drive since it is my main c drive and make it factory fresh then do a new install of windows lost gb on my ssd upon win7 reinstall like my first attempt I have no personal files on this drive - I will lose nothing with a format or reinstall - but I don't want lost gb on my ssd upon win7 reinstall to render the drive inaccessible so I am asking for your assistance PS I would like the drive to not have partitions except where absolutely necessary for system or lost gb on my ssd upon win7 reinstall whatever - I am going to use it to install my main art programs so they work fast All data and non essential programs will go to my data drive So I want the most usable space as possible on this ssd Thank you so much

A:lost gb on my ssd upon win7 reinstall

Can you post another pic, this time of Windows Disk Management, showing your partition details?

That's what most of us are familar with examining.

Normally, with a defaut fresh install onto a new disk, you would end up with a maximum of 2 partitions and no unallocated space.

Do you want to end up with a single C partition on which you keep both data and Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189196-lost-gb-my-ssd-upon-win7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all. I recently had to reinstall XP on my LG LS50a laptop after a major crash in the system. I have XP pro and after the install I stupidly remembered that I probably should have copied and saved my drivers on something... ooops.I am now missing the following drivers:*Mass Storage Controller*Multimedia Audio Controller*Network Controller*PCI Modem, and*Video Controller (VGA Compatible)I am on a rather strict budget so I can't go out and buy a third party driver finder or anything like that... are there any free ones that can get them for me or is there any other way for me to find them again???

A:??Lost drivers after reinstall of XP os??

scar_crow said:

Hello all. I recently had to reinstall XP on my LG LS50a laptop after a major crash in the system. I have XP pro and after the install I stupidly remembered that I probably should have copied and saved my drivers on something... ooops.I am now missing the following drivers:*Mass Storage Controller*Multimedia Audio Controller*Network Controller*PCI Modem, and*Video Controller (VGA Compatible)I am on a rather strict budget so I can't go out and buy a third party driver finder or anything like that... are there any free ones that can get them for me or is there any other way for me to find them again???Click to expand...
Go into Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device |Manager and look through the Yellow question marked entries for the Network Controller and hen you find it, click on it and then on teh Details tab. Note down the numbers after PCI and DEV.

Then,. go this website (using your other computer) http://www.pcidatabase.com/ and enter those two pieces of information in the appropriate boxes. The database will then provide the name of the manufacturer and the exact product. Go to their website and seek out the driver.

Once the system is back online, the other drivers will probably find themselves.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-drivers-after-reinstall-of-xp-os.905229/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there all,

I have been encountering problems with my Symantec Norton Intenet Security 2009. It has worked great for like 11 months untill now. I keep getting error messages from Microsoft.

Please see the following error messages and technical details I have linked in a reply below using RapidShare.

I have been told and I to think that I need to uninstall NIS2009 and reinstall, I HAVE A VALID KEY!! JUST NO DISC! What do I do?

Thanks all!!

ChrisMN

A:Need to Reinstall Norton IS '09 but lost CD

I apologize that you have to use links to navigate to the photos. I cannot add image attachments in this forum.This is a screenshot of my Norton toolbar for Internet Explorer. When I use this my memory resources skyrocket and Norton IS '09 crashes instantly.Norton IE Toolbar that causes Symantec to crash.Microsoft Error MessageMicrosoft Error Message DetailsThanks!EDIT: Found link here at BC to obtain NIS 2009. THANKS BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251138/need-to-reinstall-norton-is-09-but-lost-cd/
Relevancy 47.3%

After closing a tab sound hear thing! a Lost a after computer can't shows sound crash, working but heavy google chrome window my pc had a crash during this crash the second of the song that was playing repeated til the pc rebooted After this tho I no longer have any sound at all from my computer I'm running windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack installed My speakers work Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! I checked them with my mp player and the pc isn't on mute or turned down to zero The strange part that confuses me tho is that the sound mixer window shows audio levels when i do play music or youtube but even with volume at full blast there is no audio as a work around for the time being i've set my pc to broadcast my pc's audio and then just use my lap top to tune into my station to listen to my music but this is getting old really Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! quick when i check Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing! my sound card realtek high definition audio in device manager it says 'this device is working properly' is it possible my soundcard broke fried and it still showing it fine with audio levels moving

A:Lost sound after a computer crash, shows sound working but can't hear a thing!

I've seen that before. Try uninstalling then re-installing the drivers. Worked for me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537902/lost-sound-after-a-computer-crash-shows-sound-working-but-cant-hear-a-thing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I wonder if I reinstall window 2000 without formating my computer, will I lost all my files under my documents or I will be able to keep all the files I have even on My Desktop? Thank you so much

A:Will I lost my files if I reinstall Window?

If you run through setup, you'll see the option to repair your existing installation. If you choose that option and don't format your drive, all your documents and settings will be the same after you get back to your desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-i-lost-my-files-if-i-reinstall-window.313913/
Relevancy 47.3%

After suffering with major boot issues, I did a reinstall of XP Pro. It does boot nicely now, but have a few new issues to address.

1. Touchpad is not listed in hardware. I can use the pointer but cannot click from the touchpad. Can use both buttons.

2. Cannot download SP3. The reinstall is SP1a and I used a disk I had for SP2, but get various error messages (have tried to track them down but no fixes found).

3. Can't defrag. Think it may be because it is an earlier version than SP1 can handle?

Your thots???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-reinstall-lost-touchpad-other-issues.768155/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron 7520 running Windows 10. Bluetooth was working fine but I got stuck in Airplane mode and had no internet or bluetooth. Finally reconnected with the internet but uninstalled bluetooth, as a last resort. Trying to download the drivers ( 1704 ) I get a message to "activate bluetooth using wireless switch". How do I do that? That's where I'm stuck. I also can not get in to the BIOS to turn on "bluetooth" if that is necessary? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
5 String.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19703680
Relevancy 47.3%

I lost my wondows XP boot from hard drive after accidently deleteing an important file. I reboot from disc but for some reason could not do a repair so I did a full re install. However I nor have a brand new user group and have lost my old user group log in and desk top. However I can still access my old user group documents via c drive documents and settings and there is my old user group files and desktop etc. how can I get this folder as a user group into which I can log in to and get my old desk top amd 'my documents' folder again.
I have windows XP service pack 2
Athlon AMD 64 processor 3200+
1.5 Gb ram.
Cheers for any help.

A:lost user group after reinstall

Have you tried creating a user with the same name as you had before?

If that doesn't work just cut all your files from your old user my documents
to your new user my documents under their respective folders.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-user-group-after-reinstall.707689/
Relevancy 47.3%

My daughter is in college and her computer s reinstall Lost Solved: disk hard drive has given out including the partition containing the system backup I had a HDD that I wasn t using so I gave it to her Unfortunately she has misplaced the reinstall cds Windows XP Home that came with her computer eMachines T My son has a Dell Dimension that also has XP Home installed on it He still lives at home so I know exactly where his installation disk is My question is Will his XP install CD work for her eMachines even though the disk says to only use it to reinstall Windows on a Dell computer If so I could then just download the drivers from the web I just don t know whether an OS disk that came with a Dell computer contains Dell specific Solved: Lost reinstall disk files on it that would cause it not to work properly on another brand of computer or if it s just a regular XP OS disk with Dell s name on it I purchased both of these computers for my kids to use mainly for school and we are all in the same household so I hope you don t consider this a violation of your illegal activity clause because I simply can t afford to buy another computer nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have the reinstall disc and I do not know if I need to reinstall or just repair.
The problem is that when the disc is installed, it prompts for the administrator name and password. I do not have either. I don't even remember setting this up. I only know my user name and password, but I thought that I was the administrator. Any idea's on how I can get past this?

I think I am going to have to do a complete reinstall, I think I have lost everything, possibly due to a virus.

A:Need to reinstall/repair XP, lost password

Try just typing administrator as the user and then hit "enter".

Many people never set up a password there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29776/need-to-reinstallrepair-xp-lost-password/
Relevancy 47.3%

Alrighty im gonna format my HD or get a new one and I already have my Windows Xp disk, only problem is I cant find the Certificate of Athenticity I think its called (the number for Windows).

I know its supposted to be stuck to my computer but I ordered all my parts of the internet and the sticker came stuck to the package my Windows came in, I've moved 4 times in the last year and I guess the packaging and sticker got misplaced (although I would have sworn I had it in a safe spot).

So can I get a new one somewheres, or am I screwed into buying XP again just for that little number?

Thanks lots for the people who help here.

(PS. I hope this is the right forum)

A:Problem with lost CoA and wanting to reinstall XP

http://p087.ezboard.com/fopenitforum...picID=85.topic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-lost-coa-and-wanting-to-reinstall-xp-60841.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys,

I hope you can help.

I was forced to re-install XP Home Edition yesterday due to a corrupt file that prevented boot up or a system restore from being run. Although I have been able to access a lot of my data, it seems that my emails have been lost. This is a really big deal as I'd used my mail as a filing system for various contacts and data etc. It's vital that I get it back. Does anyone know if the mails may be stored in an obscure folder somewhere at all?

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be very much appreciated.

I should also mention that I do have a mirrored drive (which I removed during the reinstall to ensure that it wouldn't be effected in any way) but I have been unable to find the mails on here either.

Thanks once again and kind regards,

Dan.

Relevancy 47.3%

hi all, i firstly are pretty new to computers!, but recently i reinstalled xp home edition, but on completion i found in device manager some features had ? in yellow, sm bus controller, unknown device,video controller, video controller (vga compatable), & my pc is not running correctly at all i think due to these missing drivers?! can anyone please shed some light where i have gone wrong? thank you

A:Recent reinstall lost drivers help

Reinstalling Windows will require the installation of those drivers. You didn't do anything wrong. It just is. Go to the PC manufacturer's (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.) for most of those drivers if you don't have a driver CD. If the PC is self built or custom built, then go to the motherboard maker's website for those drivers. Go to the graphics card maker's website for graphics drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recent-reinstall-lost-drivers-help.145645/
Relevancy 47.3%

I had to erase the hard disk on my imac (running X.2) and reinstall Quicken2002 (for Macs).
Although some of my data looks right (like the checkbook balance and the transaction lists, registers) stock prices, which I have recorded monthly for years, now end as of 6/2002, 15 months ago. That of course makes the portfolio totals wrong (obsolete).

If I enter new stock prices as of end of Sept., will this make my portfolio totals okay again? And what happened to 15 months worth of stock prices and how can I get them back, other than digging out statements and reentering all those prices? Why was my data cut off like this (I got no warnings).

My Quicken worked fine until I reinstalled it.

I apologize for anything I have done wrong here; it's a first post for me and I am feeling inadequate, desperate, and STRESSED. Thanks for any help.

Gayle

A:Lost some quicken data on reinstall

I think you would have better luck posting this in the "Other Operating Systems" forum.

Aside from that... Quicken is pretty much the same regardless of the OS, so I have one question for you. Did you not backup the data? Quicken puts up reminders asking if you want to backup your data. If so, where did you store those backups. The info should be there.

BTW... For future refernce... If you stored the backups (assuming you made them) on the same HDD as your application and OS, I suggest you consider either another medium. Like a second hard drive (can Mac's do that?), or some sort of external drive. I used an Iomega JAZ drive for years for such data strorage before I installed a second HDD. You could also burn the data to CD if you have a burner. Lots of choices available. Sorry I don't know which apply best to a Mac, but at least this may give you some ideas.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-some-quicken-data-on-reinstall.171041/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. I've just reinstall XP onto my PC and I've lost 2 of the 3 partitions that I have for a separate disk (letters not showing in Explorer). To explain my configuration:

I have 2 separate drives:
Drive 1 (master) is partitioned into 2 each with a separate copy of XP on it.
Drive 2 (slave) is partitioned into 3 drives.

However, on reinstall I can see only 1 partition of disc 2. Even if I boot from my old copy of XP I cannot see the drives.

Is there a way of re-registering the drives so I can see the volumes?

Thanks in advance.

A:Lost Partitions after XP Home Reinstall

When you install XP what did you format it in Fat or NTFS? NTFS can see Fat but Fat cannot see NTFS so it may be that your install is Fat and the partitions are NTFS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-partitions-after-xp-home-reinstall.545125/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just reinstalled and it seems my D drive that has all my data, and i use for my docs. Has lost ownership i guess. First noticed because FF wouldnt download to it, to my downloads folder. Next tried to extract something and it wouldnt work.

I can delete but have to hit continue, on the prompt that says it needs administrator access.

I figure the permissions got messed up somehow, this has never happen before though...

A:After reinstall of pro, my D drive lost ownership?

do you think a reinstall would fix this? I have done everything in book. Change permissions, ownership.

Only thing that allows me to use my D drive is totally disabling UAC.

Also for this install i used the iso from MSDNAA, instead of a leaked iso. That couldnt cause the problem could it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/21737-after-reinstall-pro-my-d-drive-lost-ownership.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Whenever I go to try and repair it crashes. I cannot reinstall on this drive! I cannot get bootable format disks to read and I am feeling I have no hope of getting this drive to allow me to install windows. I have a new UPS on its way, but that still does't take care of the main issue. a HDD that crashes each time I try to run the install cd.

A:Help! I tried to reinstall to 64 bit and power failed. Now I have lost it.

The Windows installer has a step during install to erase and format the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-tried-to-reinstall-to-64-bit-and-power-failed-now-i-have-lost-it.1136236/
Relevancy 46.44%

How long does the install take? It's been a while and still not installed, using this link  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50046.exe Using McAfee Internet Suite from Verizon Fios after recovering from a virus & or trojan ~ My computer can't find any wireless networks to connect to & I have one. The blue light turns on & off but does not pick up any wireless networks. After Recovery HPTotal Care Icon is missing.   Thanks for anyone one who can assist <3

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Lost-HP-Total-Care-from-Desktop-trying-to-reinstall-using/td-p/5720306
Relevancy 46.44%

I installed the Unleashed sims and when i uninstalled it due to memoery problems, it uninstalled my normal Sims and i dont have the Serial Number any more i lost it and i want to know if there is any thing else i can do..

Please Help..

BJ

A:Need help with my Serial Number for the Sims,i have lost it and need to reinstall...

I'm afraid that you're stuck - there are ways of getting serial numbers but they are illegal and this forum does not allow the posting of these methods....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-my-serial-number-for-the-sims-i-have-lost-it-and-need-to-reinstall.107814/
Relevancy 46.44%

Several months ago I lost the ability to print documents from MS Word I didn t 2003 the Office MS now can't printer, reinstall "lost" think much about it and used Copy gt Past to Word Pad MS Office 2003 "lost" the printer, now can't reinstall to print documents MS Office 2003 "lost" the printer, now can't reinstall Today I needed to print from MS Word I needed a new printer old one - HP so I bought one today and installed it The printer problems persisted after installing the new printer I didn t really expect it to get better So I uninstalled MS Office and tried to reinstall it When I run the exe to install it from the CD I get a notification box saying quot Access is denied quot and lists C windows system msiexec exe as the file When the notification box is closed that s the end of that - no installation processes follow I did a quick search on msiexec exe and see it s a standard installer program attached to MS It shows it was created in and last modified today Access does not look to be restricted I am logged on as the Admin for this system Any ideas on how I can reinstall my MS Office Thanks in advance Gary EDIT Oh it s an XP system running well otherwise EDIT I kind of figured out a bit more The original CD drive has been giving my trouble for a long time I was trying to install it from a second CD drive - that s where the error comes up I ve cleaned the original CD drive and managed to get it to run but just NOW the installation process moves forward but it hits a fatal error at the end of the installation process Still figuring that one out I swapped the two drives in their bays but the problems follow the CD drives Ahgggggg --

A:MS Office 2003 "lost" the printer, now can't reinstall

I'd try a more thorough cleaning service on the install CD, such as provided by the better audio shops.

GeoffC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426499/ms-office-2003-lost-the-printer-now-cant-reinstall/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey all, this has been a nightmare for me. I have recently reinstalled windows xp pro on my computer and i have 2 hard drives in it. When I reinstalled windows, the folders on my g drive are not viewable. All of the data on the other partitions that I have are fine except for this one drive. I dont see any folders at all but it shows that 33 gigs of 92 are free which is how much space was on there before I started. Is there any way I can get back the data? I think its a rights issue but im not sure how to go about fixing this. If I can get multiple suggestions and instructions on how to go about doing this that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help

A:WinXp reinstall and lost all folders on g drive

How to take ownership of files or folders might help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-reinstall-and-lost-all-folders-on-g-drive-39737.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I had a serious laptop error on my Samsung, and I had to pull the data off my hard drive, then reinstall Windows 7 using a neighbor's installation disk (I lost mine in a move). Now, my laptop thinks it doesn't have a wireless card, so I won't be able to get online wirelessly.

Is there a way to get these back? I'm not even sure what kind of wireless card I have.

A:Solved: Upon reinstall I lost my wireless card drivers

Can you go online on a friend or family member's computer? If you can get the model number off the machine, then go to Samsung's website (support section), they supply the drivers there. You could download them to a flash drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upon-reinstall-i-lost-my-wireless-card-drivers.1046028/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I had to do a complete XP Media edition reinstall and now my computer will not connect to the internet. In the control panel, under network connections, there is no longer even an icon for local area connection. What have I done? Is there a driver I need to reinstall or have I damaged something permanently?

I have a Surewest fibre optic connection and it is working perfectly with my laptop.

Thanks for any help on this matter.
H.

Relevancy 46.01%

The things that bug me is network and drivers because those are the things i have less knowlege lost reinstall after WinXp All home Solved: of Drivers about when it comes to computers altso hardware not my biggest strength But here is my problem that eventually lead me to this site ive been surfing this site for a short period and i like it Solved: All Drivers lost after reinstall of WinXp home I miss the drivers after reinstalling win xp home I have managed to install the drivers for my video card but i miss sound card driver Pci Device Other PCI brigde unit SM busscontroller I am translating from Norwegian so it might be wrong Anyway my main consern is the sound drivers I use this computer ONLY for websurfing and MineCraft And minecraft works fine thats why this PCI an buzzcontroller is not important but sound would be fine How do i find what soundcard i have its in the motherboard PCI express HT How do i find the drivers so i can get sound Thanks Dz nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I reinstalled XP and updated the drivers, including for my soundblaster audigy 2 card and now i cannot get sound from any application; however, i can get sound (from speakers) when Windows boosts and at startup...

...any idea of what's going on?

thrillbert

Relevancy 46.01%

My brother messed up my PC, so I had to re-install Windows 98. Now my sound doesn't work, I have no sound at all! I don't know what sound card I have. Please help me, my computer games s*ck without any sound!

A:Had to reinstall Win 98, now no sound, I don't know my sound card!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/had-to-reinstall-win-98-now-no-sound-i-dont-know-my-sound-card.46056/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
i have lost the sound icon on the bottom right side of the screen and also the sound on the PC is now not working i found SNDVOL32 and try to run but comes up with the message below:

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, Click Printers and other hardware, and then click Hardware.
this program will now close

after i have done this i got back Realtek HD Audio Manager but the sound comes out funny like an echo what can i do do get this back to normal?

please help

A:LOST sound icon and no sound working

go to sound and audio devices in control panel in the properties window click place volume control on the task bar once you can open the sound controls check none are in mute option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-sound-icon-and-no-sound-working.884097/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost space hard drive Folks I sure hope you can help me out with this as it is very frustrating for me This is what happend Our windows files were messed up so we decided to do a full system recovery starting with reformating our hard drive I read up on it and decided the best way to do this wast to Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost hard drive space use a win start up disk and do a format C so we did We have a gig hard drive and we noticed after installing XP that it showed us only having a gig hard drive Now i realize that if you partition a hard drive with fdisk and answer no when it asks if you want to enable large disk support it makes your partiton a fat which only enables you to use gigs of hd space so i choose to answer yes well when i go to create a primary dos partition the maximum amount of space available is gigs it wont allow me to change it to the gigs that are supposed to be available Ive tried installing xp on the gigs available thinking that somewhere along the way it would recalculate my drive space and fix the problem but it doesnt So ive reformated like times used fdisk to partiton and delete partitions and tried everything i can think of What am i doing wrong I mean is there a way to have dos recalculate the amount of space on my hard drive There has to be IT seems that the computer is stuck thinking i only have gigs and needs to erace this from memory and recalculate the amount of space available I also Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost hard drive space went into the setup by pressing f and chose to set default settings also it recognizes the hard drive as being gigs but for some reason nothing else does Even when i am in the windows xp installer and have options of creating or deleting partitions it only shows gigs available this is very frustrating please help Any help is appriciated Thanks nbsp

A:Reinstall/Fdisk/partition/lost hard drive space

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstall-fdisk-partition-lost-hard-drive-space.121826/
Relevancy 45.58%

My insprion 15  5558 ran into bluescreen error again and again and even my nvidia display adaptor didn't respond or reinstall...and window crashes down..even if i ran diagnostics using Dell SupportAssist so.. to get it fix ...i used dell backup and recovery to factory reset my insprion ..but every thing was ok except i lost MS Office 2007 enterprise that came preinstalled...and was activated already...Also MS Office 2013 was also preinstalled but it was a trial so..i wan't to know How to get MS Office 2007 and reinstall it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19669493
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there, I'm stumped...
Upgraded this pc
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00719358&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3214123

with this card
http://www.palit.biz/palit/vgapro.php?id=1410

Upgraded to Vista and add a little more RAM to follow after i sort this this out...

My problem is I just cant get the sound to work, I have gone to the above site and got the drivers from there and its just the same,
I just end up with the little icon in the bottom right saying no device installed....
I'm thinking its because i need the chipset drivers but they are not on the above support site nor can i find them on the net...

Any help to point me back onto the right track ))

Relevancy 44.29%

Reinstalled XP on the computer have most things working.. but in the Computer's System Information I have no sound device. With that i'm pretty sure you can guess I have no sound.
Any ideas on how I can get it back? I know I need the drive but Im not sure what it is or where to get it.

Thanks,
Mike

A:Had to reinstall XP - No sound

On the assumption that you are using onboard sound, go to the Compaq website for the sound driver. You can confirm that it is onboard sound by looking at the back of the computer and seeing if the sound ports are part of the I/O connectors (i.e. USB, PS/2, ethernet, printer port, etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/had-to-reinstall-xp-no-sound.124053/
Relevancy 44.29%

I reinstalled win xp and i have no sound
I done this before and dont remember how to fix it.
All i remember is having to go into setup (f1) at boot screen
can any one help please?

Relevancy 44.29%

Thanks in advance for reading my post!

I had to reinstall Windows XP Professional on my Dell Precision Workstation 370. Everything is fine expect I have no sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the SoundMax Intergrated Audio updated drivers many times. I have check to make sure intergrated sound is enabled in bios. I have updated bios. I have scanned my computers for errors and they were fixed, I checked to make sure nothing was muted, and a few other things I can't remember. I do have an exclamation point next to Multimedia Audio Controller under Other Devices in Device Manager, btu I cant seem to get rid of it.

Any suggestions!
Thanks!
OPicana

A:No sound after XP reinstall, tried everything, please help

Did you also install your chipset drivers?

Be sure that the soundmax drivers you are installing are from this link below, and not directly from soundmax.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...&s=dfh&SystemID=WRK_PNT_P4_370&os=WW1&osl=EN#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-xp-reinstall-tried-everything-please-help.37276/
Relevancy 44.29%

I reinstalled windows and now I have no sound at all, no sound drivers. anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this? I've done this before and had no problems, what am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 44.29%

I had to reinstall Windows XP Pro on a Dell dimension 9100, (For reasons I wont go into, here. Those problems are being handled under another thread).

After installation, I have no sound. I have tried for two days to get sound. At one point, I was told the device is working properly and is ready to use. But, I still get what is shown in the pictures.

I have tried everything Windows offered for troubleshooting. Nothing works.

A:No Sound After Reinstall

Download the Sigmatel Audio driver for your Dell Dimension 9100 at the Dell drivers site: SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio, v.5.10.0.4823, A05 Driver Details | Dell US

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-after-reinstall-1070746.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem as this person had:
techspot.com/vb/topic137518.html

Though their solution didn't work for me. I went into the BIOS and it said the audio was ON, so it didn't give me the option to reinstall the driver (if that's my problem.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some help.

A:No sound after OS reinstall

What operating system do you have?

What is the make and model of your computer? If Dell, please include the service tag no, to help pinpoint your exact configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-os-reinstall.158505/
Relevancy 44.29%

It's me again same sound problems not really I'm having an irritating problem after reinstalling my computer Here's my specs AMD Athlon Processor at Ghz single-core GB of RAM A GB Nvidia GeForce GT videocard My OS is Windows XP Professional version Service Pack Creative EAX SoundBlasted PCI Audio Card I've made a thread before this that I took my hard drive to sound after No reinstall. another computer then put it back in my current one I had blue and green screens I couldn't reinstall the computer When I could enter windows I tried installing different kinds of sound drivers all of them said there is no PCI sound card detected I reinstalled my computer Everything seems No sound after reinstall. fine now but the fact that I HAVE NO SOUND I used to have a CD somewhere from my PCI card but I have lost it I tried downloading all kinds of EAX soundblaster programs drivers but when installing a message would pop up quot setup is unable to detect a No sound after reinstall. supported product on your system Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this Setup program Setup will now exit quot The thing is I already tried different PCI slots and I tried to clean up the slot area too What can possibly be the problem Thanks in advance

A:No sound after reinstall.

I took out my PCI card once again, put it back in. Downloaded another driver. Now it says "Setup could not detect any Sound Blaster Audio card on your system. Please ensure that your Sound Blaster hardware is properly installed before running this Setup program. Setup will now exit."

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/266407-no-sound-after-reinstall.html