Windows Support Forum

Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

Q: Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

Hi,

I just got a PSP 3000 for the holidays and I can't figure out what memory to buy with it. I heard of ScanDisk and Sony being the best and that the sizes are 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, 16gb, and 32gb. I feel that 32 gb might be too much so looking at 8gb or 16gb. What brand is better for these 2 sizes of memory to go into a PSP 3000? Also is stick better or micro? I've seen many good priced micro cards so leaning towards it and just getting the adapter for it fit my PSP.

If it helps, would like to have space for movies, downloadable games, music, etc.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

I have owned many brands of memory sticks for my PSP, all of them performed the same. As for size if you are wanting to deal with movies and such I would go for the biggest that will fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-memory-stick-card-is-best-for-psp.887544/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 70.95%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried trawling for information and search engines are too busy interpreting what I really want - really?

Basically they don't give clear answers and web designers can't spend too much time on real data because it goes out of fashion (sic) too quickly.

I run FF Portable from a 2Gb Kingston U3 (waste of time) and the remote systems I use it on do so much checking and FF does so much archiving I need something faster.

It could be a micro SD and small USB carrier or even an SDHC if it would read properly on a variety of systems. Mostly XP.

Any Ideas peeps?

I am UK based. Run XP & 2000 on PC's and Win98 SP2 most of the time (because I run websites and need to know what the lowest common denominator sees)

Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried to upload photo's from my memory stick onto my Mac laptop and it had a error stating that it 'does not recognise my card and to eject' so then I also tried to upload on my Windows PC and that gave me a message 'that I need to format disk'. Now I know that if I do this that it will delete all contents. I don't know what's happened as I just uploaded and cleared content from it a couple of days prior. Is there anything I can do? I've since placed it back into my digital camera and now my camera say's it's an un-useable card, really confused now help would be appreciated. Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb-un-useable-card.890315/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

A:USB Stick & Memory Card Not Showing in My Computer !

Quote: Originally Posted by maranello

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

Have you tried to use System Restore to go back before this issue occured...

If you can't then do a repair install

Repair Install

Backup your data first to be safe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/38754-usb-stick-memory-card-not-showing-my-computer.html
Relevancy 68.37%

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=70
Hi, I bought this about a year ago and it worked at first but as time passed sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't when I put in my memory stick to upload pictures, etc. Now I've been trying for a couple of days and whenever I insert it into the usb port the light flashes green (somestimes remains green) and the computer shows that that removable drive is there when I go to 'my computer'. But when I click on it it says "Please insert the removable drive E)" or it freezes my computer. I even tried it on a laptop and it doesn't want to open up.

A:GE Memory Stick Card Reader not working!

Hi and welcome. As with anything else, sometimes they go bad. Check to see if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-memory-stick-card-reader-not-working.740736/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here, cuz you guys are the best help a man can get XD)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick anymore PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick

A:SanDisk memory stick card problem!!

Only one post per topic....or maybe it was a accident.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandisk-memory-stick-card-problem.516261/
Relevancy 67.51%

OK i have this problem, i insert my memery card reader or USB stick and then up pops WMP device setup (see "Attach Files")

i then click "cancel" and my usb is shut down, or if i dont click cancel it automatically shuts down after 10 - 20 secs.

i have manually set all the autoplay options in the control panel to "take no action" but this has not made any difference.

can someone please help as these auto crash your hardware add-on's from microsoft are really starting to bug me. please give me back control of my system as you do not know best ffs!

Relevancy 67.51%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 65.36%

I bought a Lexcron 45 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader a while back and I used it for quite a bit. Recently I used it on my laptop with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and it worked fine.
Now I'm trying to do this on my computer but the computer is not recognizing the memory stick. The card reader does - as a green light shows.
Help me out here?

A:My external card reader works fine but my PC doesn't recognize the memory stick......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-card-reader-works-fine-but-my-pc-doesnt-recognize-the-memory-stick.701636/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi thereI have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which runs Windows XP service pack and I use IE Please note im very much a computer novice and I thought this was the most appropraite forum for me to post for help if this is not the case please kindly avise me where I should post The please my inserted? dont when Help CD/DVD drive reader recognise inbuilt memory stick CD card or and best way Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted? I can describe the problem is I used to be able to for example insert my memory stick from my camera into my inbuilt memory card reader and the photos would automatically just pop up on the screen and I could go from there I have also tried a diffrent card with the same problem Nowdays I put the memory card in the reader and it makes a click noise and goes in ok but nothing happens On the task bar on the bottom right I get a little icon appear that says it safe to remove once card is removed icom disappears Also using the inbuilt CD DVD drive I use to be able to input a CD DVD in the drive and it would autimatically pop Windows Media Player and I was away nowdays I place a CD in the light flashes showing its doing something but nothing happens nor does Windows Media Player pop up I have tried on occasion to bring up Windows Media Player manually and on occasion through trial and error on same occasions I can get the CD DVD to play other times I just give up My question is it used to all work perfectly yet now I have these issues orginally I put it down to an older computer live with it but after using google it looks like it may be fixable This computer novice seek s your help in that area thanks in advance

A:Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Do a System Restore, choose a date prior to this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368016/help-please-my-inbuilt-card-reader-and-cddvd-drive-dont-recognise-memory-stick-or-cd-when-inserted/
Relevancy 60.63%

Whenever I try to put my SD card in the reader or a memory stick in the USB ports, I get the error message "E:\ Application Not Found". What does this mean? It's really weird, they were fine last week, and now all of a sudden none of them work? I'm not very technologically savvy, so please forgive me. I just checked the drivers and they are all updated, so what could it be? I can open the either one if I go to My Computer and right click, but I get that error message whenever I simply put them in. Any help would be appreciated!

A:"E:\ Application Not Found" SD card and memory stick

Hi,

We can try two methods to check if the issue gets fixed:

Method 1 (If autorun.inf file is present):

1. Go to control panel then folder options.
2. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.
3. Then go to the device not opening and explore it.
4. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it.
5. Then disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2 (If autorun.inf file isn't present):

Go to command prompt, click Start and type the following command:
attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and then type the following command:
del X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and after this disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.
To go to command prompt following the steps mentioned below:
1. Click Start.
2. Type in Search box CMD.
3. Right Click on CMD and RUN AS ADMIN.
4. Then type in attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf.
Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (E:\, F:\, etc).

If the above steps do not work, in CMD type sfc /scannow. Please use the following link for detailed instructions: System Files - SFC Command

Note: Ensure that the data is backed up from the memory stick before you follow above mentioned steps.

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298435-e-application-not-found-sd-card-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.

Can somebody help?

Tx

A:Laptop slowly recognizes usb stick/sd card/xpress card slot

Hey tidri. 2 things come to mind if it previously worked. One is a reinstall of all the drivers for the mobo, and the other is a full AV/Malware/Rootkit scan. If everything checks out, a full format and an OS reinstall would be my third move.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slowly-recognizes-usb-stick-sd-card-xpress-card-slot.199010/
Relevancy 52.46%

I?m using one of those memory sticks, I download a few episodes of something to it and then plug it into my DVD player. It plays fine but the episodes are not in order. No matter how I rename them they?re always out of order. Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:Using a memory stick - help please

What file format do you use please?
Do your file names start with numbers or words?
What make is your DVD player?
If you give me those details I will look into it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/286838-using-memory-stick-help-please.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Is there any notable difference in performance between a 1600MHz rated memory stick compared to a 1333MHz rated stick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-mhz.1084209/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am on Xp home

I have a memory stick, which I have had about 6 months.

I used it the morning to print from, when I come to use it, tonight I cannot get in it.
It says the memory stick needs formatting
I have tried PC Inspector File recovery but all I can get out of it is "Boot Error"
Does anyone know software that will get me into this memory stick?

Old-un

A:Memory Stick

here are a couple for sitesroadkill's unstoppable copiersor try this oneroadkills raw copysee of either one of them helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134370/memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

HI.
I'm trying to download Winzip Program to a memory stick,so that i can install on another computer that needs Winzip,but is not connected to I/Net.
Everytime i try an install,there seems to be missing files.
Any ideas ??
Many Thanks
brum1

No ideas. I've often transferred WinZip via USB drive-never had any problem. Are you sure you're saving the downloaded file to the USB drive-if you try copying your installed version of WinZip you probably won't get it all. Other than that the only idea I have is that you have a problem with your download-have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe from a different PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.666225/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I ve been running Memtest version on my memory sticks lately I mainly started because I read a lot about it in the forums and wanted to try it out I m kind of new to the whole PC scene so I don t know exactly why or when to run memory tests or what all the numbers are supposed to tell me I ll start by Stick? Bad Memory listing my system specs Processor Intel P C GHz w MHz FSB Motherboard MSI G Neo -PLS Memory Kingston ValueRam GB x MB PC Hard Disk Western Digital GB RPM IDE I realize that my current memory is not optimum for my system but at the time I built my system it was what I had I plan on upgrading to PC in the future My motherboard has RAM slots each for Channel quot A quot and Channel quot B quot I ve run each stick in each slot individually for a minimum of hours per run The first stick has consistantly run without any errors the second stick has consistantly run with many errors My questions are these Bad Memory Stick? Have I run the tests properly Can I assume that ultimately there should be no errors My memory has a quot Lifetime Warranty quot how would I go about having Kingston replace the bad stick If I ve left out any pertinent information I apologize and please feel free to request it Any responses are greatly appreciated Thank you ahnadahodo nbsp

A:Bad Memory Stick?

There is really no way to run MemTest wrong and yes, there should be no errors whatsoever.

You can either take the memory back to where you bought it or RMA it directly to Kingston. You can find the RMA form on www.kingston.com under support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-memory-stick.20337/
Relevancy 52.46%

What is the difference between a USB flash drive and a USB pen drive? There is a difference in price but that is all i can work out at the moment. Please can you help.

A:Memory stick

Hi helenb102,

Welcome to TSG!

According to Ask.com when I searched for usb flash drive, a USB flash drive and USB pen drive are one and the same:
Known By Many Names

Also known as a "flash drive," "pen drive," "keychain drive," "key drive," "USB key," "USB stick" and "memory key," ...

I already knew that, but wondered if indeed there actually was some difference - so, none!

They are sold with or without bootable software (Windows) depending on mfg. I have bought 512kb, 2GB and 4GB USB flash drives. SanDisk cruzer (512KB, 2GB, 4GB) comes with Windows compatible FAT16 (I think) bootable software. On a PNY Technologies (2GB) USB flash drive which does not come with any bootable software, I partitioned and laid in a compatible file system for Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon which has the property (now) of persistent storage, so that any changes I install to it are not lost after I boot it up and install the changes - i.e. between reboots from it onto my desktop from it.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.703587/
Relevancy 52.46%

are all memory sticks compatible with all pcs?Or do i have to know stuff before i purchase one?This is my pc...what kind of card should i get?,if they are not all universal.here

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey

Long story short: My new computer that had Vista on it originally crashed two weeks ago. I downgraded to XP. Now the internet doesn't work. My Network Drivers are missing.

So I hooked up my old computer (Windows ME) I upgraded it to XP. I got onto the HP website and the tech sent me 3 drivers: chipset, sound, and modem.

The CD burner on the old computer won't work. So I couldn't burn the drivers onto a cd and transfer.

I bought a USB Memory Stick. The computer recognized it, installed it. But it's not under 'My Computer'.

I went into Admin Tools and tried adding a new drive. It wouldn't work/I may not have done it right.

HELP.

A:USB Memory Stick

Try reinstalling the USB drivers or your motherboard chipset drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-memory-stick-245563.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Will this tactic work?
If I transfer all my harddrive to a memory stick (the size is 4 Gigabytes) can I then plug it into a PC with Norton installed and scan it that way?
I ask because I cannot scan my pc at the moment because a virus(or a trojan or I know not what) is effectively blocking my internet access .
Again would Norton Antivirus be up to the task as someone (my ISP) said they thought it might be a trojan to be redirecting my outgoing traffic in the way that it is.

A:using a memory stick

hi geordief

it might take a while depending on the size of your hard drive but this should work also try spybot search and destroy in google that should also be able to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379509/using-a-memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a USB1.1 memory stick that is a few years old. It has worked faithfully up until now. Yesterday when I insert it into a USB port, the computer (XP) does not detect it. There is no error message, there is no yellow question mark in the Device Manager. It does not appear on in My Computer, it doesn't work on another computer (Vista) and I have another USB Memory stick that does work with the computer so I am guessing that there is problem with the older stick.

Is there anything I can do to access the data on the stick and back it up before I replace it?

thanks

joncb01

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 and I have high speed satilite service provider. I live in a remote area and the only other provider is dialup. My nieghbor who also lives here has Windows Vista and she only has dialup. I am wondering if I can download Windows Defender onto my USB memory stick and then go install it onto her computer. It is a 12 hour download for her since she is only getting 17Kbps speed and also can't seem to download it. Hope someone can help since it is two different platforms and I don't know if it is the right thing to do. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:USB memory stick

Not sure about Windows defender , but most downloads give you a choice to save or run. Many times, I have saved to a cd and burned it for friends who have a slow connection.
I think your idea should work.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick.729257/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have used my memory stick before to look at my pictures and copy to DVD. Now, all of sudden, it is telling me when I put the stick in, and try to open to insert the memory stick, the memory stick is blinking, like it is being read. I checked the profile, the auto play said music, I tried to change to photo would not change,the auto play thing keeps appearing like it is playing something. I am so frustrated. Get this where I bought this computer, their tech support is off until 1/5. Can you imagine what their phones will be like then, with all of Xmas stuff they probably sold. Does anyone have any ideas. I have tried to change the "J" drive to photo, mixed etc, it just goes back to music. I don't know if that is the problem. But I am not all that computer illiterate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.190277/
Relevancy 52.46%

I was using an Windows XP computer that didn't have a floppy drive so I used a USB memory stick to save things onto. XP has that auto read and it knew were it was so it was no problem to access the files on it. Now that computer and I'm stuck using a Windows 98 that doesn't have the auto find. How do I get the computer to read the USB so I can access the files?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have a USB flash drive
It worked fine as was seen when plugged in my old pc
But now on my new one it says its installed and lights up when I plug it into USB But does not appear in My Computer window to click on it to open it Any ideas please?
My card reader is the same.

A:USB Memory stick not seen

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-not-seen.484193/
Relevancy 52.46%

How do i download photo's to memory stick. do i need a programme of some kind.? or is there something in xp that will do it for me .didnt think the cheap cd writer that came with it would do it .

A:memory stick

Barjay, welcome to TSF.

Insert your memory stick into an empty USB port.

Find the pictures you wish to transfer. Select the file you want and right click on it > Choose Send To > Removeable Drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-466217.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Just a casual question. I have three memory sticks, equal in capacity, which are used for transmitting files across to other computer and daily backups. The computer has a hard disk with no partitions and the usual CD/DVD-ROM drive.

Why, when I insert two of the memory sticks are they each recognised as the E drive, whilst the third memory stick is always recognised as the F drive. The memory sticks are used one at a time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 235131 MB, Free - 188679 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0WG864, , ..CN481116AB03B3.
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Memory on a Stick

Is each stick always recognized as the same drive, like the "f" is always "f" even if it is the only stick plugged in?

Might want to look at this:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-68814.html

You can name your sticks for ease of use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-on-a-stick.1008616/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Packard Bell laptop, running XP. At the moment i am not able to accssess the internet. I have downloaded a program, MP3 Tools onto my memory stick from another computer, but for some reason when i try to put it onto my laptop i keep getting an error message. Can anyone help please. thank you.

What's contained in the error message may help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503490/memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

This probably sounds daft, but when you buy a PSP did a memory stick come with it, or did you have to buy one separately?

A:PSP memory stick

My PSP "fat" came with a 32MB memory stick.

I believe there are packages that come with up to 1 GB memory stick.
I bought my own 2GB memory stick and I use that exclusively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psp-memory-stick.693832/
Relevancy 52.46%

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

A:memory stick help

i own a pc with windows xp

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.814387/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have purchased a 4GB Memory Stick.
Every time I try to save a file I get the message "Please insert a disc in Drive I" and can go no further with the save.
I am using Windows XP

Doesn't sound like it's getting installed correctly - XP isn't liking the media. Do other flash drives work ok. Can you try it in another machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.543955/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having problems clearing my memory stick of unwanted data.

Does anyone know a way to delete all info. in one hit ? Thanks in advance

A:memory stick

If it shows up under 'My Computer' when you insert it into your card reader, you should be able to right-click on it, and select 'Format' to completely wipe the card clean.

If 'Format' it doesn't appear in the right-click menu, click on 'Properties' and see if it's in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.525939/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have plugged my memory stick into my pc and I cannot read from it. There is no data available on it. I plugged it into another pc and still nothing. Help. How do I retrieve the data?

R

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me, i am having huge problems with memory sticks, im on my second one because stuff that i save into the stick disappears or when i open i file like a word document its opens with no text, just rows and rows of tiny boxes i would be so grateful if someone could help me. Im not a computer wizz, only know what i know which unfortunaly isnt why my memory stick is playing up. Perhaps someone know a great helpful website

Thank you Danni

A:8GB memory stick

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-memory-stick.87577/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have downloaded a few movies and put them all on my memory stick then deleted them off my computer. Now if i try and pay them in windows media player it says it cannot play it because of a missing codec that was used to suppress the file??

Can anyone help ive already tries using other media players but they don't work either!!

2 of the movies work but the other 5 dont . Dont understand why they are all normal mpeg files??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.684419/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all at TSG! Can you help? I'm purchasing a sony digital camera which uses a "Memory Stick" for storage. Does anyone know if a compact flash card or a SD memory card would be compatible, or will I only be able to use a memory stick? Thanx

Relevancy 52.46%

Please help, I accidentally formatted my wife’s memory stick, it contained about 4GB of work she had not backed up. Is there any way I can retrieve any of her work.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 52.46%

I plug in my memory stick into my computer but it does'nt work, do I need to download some type of software to my computer? please help.

Memory modules, if the correct size, and type, should work out of the box.
Be sure you have the right stuff by going to www.crucial.com and entering your computer brand and model, or the motherboard brand and model... for a list of what should work.
Then if you install it correctly so that it is firmly seated, the motherboard BIOS and Windows should detect it and accept it automatically.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.104725/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all.I got a 128mbPC133 memory stick for x-mas.But the problem is, I have a PC2100 model.I was wondering if it will still work.I put it in but nothing is changed except that AIDA recognizes it as an extra memory.Can i manke it work or should i try and see if the manufacturer will exchange it??..Thank you

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I have a question,

is there any way to recover a corrupted drive.

A while back i was formating my 2gb memory stick when the power went out.
The format did not complete and now the drive wont work at all.

is there any way to get it working again?

Thanks in advance.

A:USB memory stick help

Ok, did some googling.
Found this utility Low-Level Format Tool-HDDguru

It is currently working its magic.

More after the break.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/20074-usb-memory-stick-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I have a 4gb memory stick that I have used many times to install Linux etc on old laptops etc. Now that I want to use that stick to copy off some files from Win 7, I notice that Win 7 suggests its capacity is only 1gb.

I think I have seen this kind of thing happen before but cant remember how I resolved it.

Anyone got ideas on how to kick-start W7 into recognising its full capacity ?

Cheers

Relevancy 52.46%

am experiening problems copying files from an Acer laptop with 08 vista to memory stick both media and word docs. Older docs transferred from work pc go to and from the Acer via memory stick without problem Others created or copied direct to (eg music) cannot be tranferred to memory stick, with message reading : error 0x800700052.

I would gretaly appreciate any advice.

thanks
david

A:dse memory stick 1gb

You may be trying to put too many files into the root directory of the memory stick, try creating a folder on the memory stick and then copying the files to that folder instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb.751574/
Relevancy 52.46%

It says that this memory stick is perfect for the PSP, but right now for me it isnt being perfect. It will not let me transfer any data onto it?? Im using the latest version of sonicstage, and none of the support sites for the card are helpful at all. Can anyone help me out please??

thnx, david

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all

I have do a project for school on the sony memory stick duo new release of the

4GB and 8GB cards and i cant find anything on the price

can someone plz help?

A:Memory stick duo

i'm not sure the 8's are available yet but, here are some prices on the 4's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-duo.508088/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there, i have two 256mb memory on my pc which has two more empty slots and capacity for 4gb. I bought a 2gb memory stick compatible with my system, my question is, do i have to take the 256mb memory sticks out, or just add the 2gb one, cause I'll have then 2 1/2gb of memory, is that all right??
Thanks
Patrick

Don't mix memory types. Remove the old memory sticks and use only the new memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.122753/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,hopefully u can answer my question.I have 2 memory sticks installed in my pc,one 512mb Ram stick and one 256mb Ram, but on a recent visit to pc pitstop it said that i only had 512mb running.
Where can see how much is actually running?Is it possible that the 256 stick is broke?How can i find this out?

Regards
Chris
physical memory
Total 515568
in use 220624 so could anyone tell me from these figures how much Ram i have?

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

I wish to know how to use a memory stick to save files/back up files/transfer files.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I accidently deleted a wrong file on my memory stick, however it did not go to my recycle bin when I deleted it. Does anyone know whether it can be retrieved or is it completely gone?

Cheers,
Adam

A:Memory Stick file gone?

You may be able to recover the file using a data file recovery program. But these do cost money.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=113521

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-file-gone-122460.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I would like to know if there is a way to find out what size/speed of memory, if there are no labels on. Without installing them. I would like to do a visual inspection. Same applies to to various cards. If there are no markings, without installing, how can you tell the size/speed?

DCC

A:Read a memory stick

The only way is to determine the capacity of the memory chips and then count them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/read-a-memory-stick.205859/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an hp pavillion 751n (old, I know) and I want to insert my Memory Stick Produo into it but I can't find where it will fit.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Thank you,
Lila

A:Memory Stick Produo

If your computer does not have a memory card reader,
you will need to get one.
USB models are usually inexpensive.
Make sure to get one that is compatable with your card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-produo.799634/
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay I am currently running Corsair XMS Pro 512 MB PC3200 184 pin DDR-SDRAM. I want to add another 512MB, making the total 1024 mb ram. Any suggestions? If I change the brand will it screw things up? Should I play it safe and just get more XMS Pro?

AMD athlon 64 3000+
300W psu

A:Recommend Stick of memory

Most people here will tell you to never mix memmory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-stick-of-memory.38422/
Relevancy 51.6%

I currently have ONE 128mb memory stick in my pc.

Not plugged in i have a Samsun 128mb memory Stick (PC133U what ever that means, its on a sticker)

and a

SpecTek 128mb Memory Stick.

I have tried before to put them both in so they would upgrade my memory.

It seemed that only one of them worked but i dont think they would work properly because my computer sometimes had problems.

Is there a way i can use them to work ok and maybe find out which doesnt work and which does?

Im running Windows 98se with a Pentium 3.

Hope i can get help as my computer needs memory.

Relevancy 51.6%

i have a 256g memory stick that windows cant format. it gets a quarter of the way through then stops saying it cant format it. it then disconnects from the computer. ive tried chip genius to find out info of the stick and get the following
vid = 048D
pid = 1234
vendor = general
name = udisk
revision = 0100
any help appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395241-usb-memory-stick-repair.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi again,

I was also wondering if it is possible to transfer JPEGS and MPEGS onto a memory stick and then view them on my sony camcorder.. Is it possible?, Is there any special software???

Thanks
Lakshay

Relevancy 51.6%

Can I leave the memory stick (thumb drive) in the PC 24/7? Is there any problem that heat will contaminate the files?

A:memory stick question

The drive is only in use when accessed,so it shouldn't be a problem.
Newer versions of windows have ready boost,which require the
flashdive to be plugged in when it is used.
It is supposed to help speed up the computer but I didn't see a
difference.
In any case you don't need to use that function anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-question.884310/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Sony mb memory stick I used to just stick it into the USB connection in any computer and it would open up automatically Now when I put it into a computer the computer sais that it found new hardware and that it is ready to use and a little icon to safely remove the hardware comes up and the green light on the memory stick is even blinking However it does not open up on its own and when i go to my computer to open it up theres only one possible thing that it could be and My used stick work... to memory it sais removable disk E When I click on this My memory stick used to work... one it asks me to insert a disk into drive E or something about how it isnt valid When i look at the information for the driver it tells me that everything is working fine is my memory stick just no good anymore or am i doing something wrong nbsp

A:My memory stick used to work...

go to
settings/control panel /computer management/
removeable drives see if it is there or under hard drive management
whereever it is try to reformat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-memory-stick-used-to-work.42629/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a "Memorex Traveldrive" USB Memorystick of 4GB.
When I try it to format I can see only 1 GB, not 4GB. also in windows explorer I seen 1GB of disk capacity.
I know that in the past I tried out several security tools on that stick so it is probably my own fault.
Is there any kind of "low level format" that I can do to recover my full capacity of 4GB?

A:USB Memory Stick Format

What does it show as in disk management? From there delete all and any partitions on it and try again. Another option would be to use diskpart from a command prompt window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174655-usb-memory-stick-format.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys I just installed and Vista and it is not detecting my memory stick when it is plugged in. It is an mp3 player that does not drivers. It works perfectly on my XP box. Is there any way to find out if the problem is hardware related? The mboard on my laptop might be having some issues.

What can I try?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I'm running WinXP and have recently had problems getting my 2GB memory stick to appear in My Computer. The stick is fine--works well with another computer and used to work fine with this one. The problem seems to have surfaced since I bought a WD My Book external hard drive, which now takes up the "E" Drive designation the memory stick used to open on. When I plug in the memory stick, the chimes sound as if recognised and the LCD on the stick flashes a couple times, but there's no drive listed for it on my computer.

Does anyone have the answer out there?

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

if i put some karaoke tracks onto a memory stick, will they play on another laptop if it is a different karaoke prog. thanks.

A:karaoke on memory stick

That would possibly be down to the file type that the different programs can handle, look at the file and see what is on the end of the file name for files that play in each program, if the same then they should play in either program.

Nev.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440163/karaoke-on-memory-stick/
Relevancy 51.6%

Every time I plug my memory stick in anyone of my computers it turns everything into shortcuts and puts a video file named "x" this file does not run of actually play any video. I need to send a project to a teacher on this memory stick and I need this fixed. I have tried formating and also tried virus scanning neither have helped. I am not sure weather it is a sophisticated virus or just some error on my computers. Also recently I believe that I may have been infected by a RAT program. Well actually I'm sure of it. My computer started playing music and started speaking to me. I have virus scanned and to no avail. I am using Bullguard and well Im starting to doubt the effiency of this program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-stick-virus-572089.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought my FIRST Memory Stick, 16GB, to use wehn I uprgrade from W'7 Trial Version to Retail Version.........the seller said it was compatible with Vista and W'7'; I put the stick into my USB port and it showed it had FAT 32 on it and, NOT knowing for sure, I figured that it probably should have NTFS system on it before I transfer things on to it. I told my W'7 to format it to NTFS and it came back that it could not be done.

Please tell me IF I can use this stick with FAT32 to store data off of my present W'7 OS - to be re-installed onto a NEW install of W'7 in the near future.....OR.....does this stick have to have NTFS on it????

THANKS michael

A:Memory Stick Question?

Leave it as default FAT32 is a fine file system. I would not change it unless you need to. There are not many reasons to change.

Plus FAT32 is good for updating your BIOS, and other stuff.

And welcome to the forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/38797-memory-stick-question.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've got a new Sony memory stick that when I plug it in the USB port I get all the found new hardware messages etc. It shouldn't need any extra drivers to use (my other sticks don't) and the PC doesn't reconise it. Looking at the device manager it's coming up in other devices not in the ports. Any ideas?

A:Memory Stick problem

See if it shows up in Disk Management and if so, change the drive letter assigned to it there.

To get to Disk Management, right click on My Computer and choose Manage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-problem.676506/
Relevancy 51.6%

My memory stick has been working fine for a while, just a cheap 2GB Play.com Pen drive. Recently I swapped OS from Vista Home Basic to XP Pro. I did a full format beforehand of the partition and now Ive plugged in the memory stick I get the message, "The disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?" I then tell it to format and it says it cannot be formatted?

Ive also noticed that the DVD drive used to be D: and Flash drives used to be E: and theyve swapped round.

And help?

A:Memory Stick Formatting?

Have you tried formatting through Disk Management? (Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management->right click drive and format)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-formatting-379812.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok I m starting to lose the will to live here I m trying USB Memory not show stick will to connect my sony ericcson K i to my pc and everything is working fine apart from the one thing that should be working without any issues the SE memory stick duo Having used copious amounts of memory stick hardware USB Memory stick will not show in USB Memory stick will not show the past I know there was not an issue with my o s config and that it recognised OEM plug and play devices and installed without problem However now it will not install any new USB Mass storage devices whatsoever If they had been previously installed then they are identified and will work When the Hardware Wizard does it s thing it recognises that it s a Sony Erics Memory Stick but continually returns a message saying that it cannot be installed as the software cannot be found The memory stick itself does not require additional driver software and should be recognised as a removable storage device I ve been through various posts and have completed the following gt Installed patch in registry to prevent USB hibernation gt Checked key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services UsbStor to make sure USB storage devices are permitted set to gt Done a complete clean install of all USB devices gt Switched PC off and unplugged to allow residual current to escape from motherboard gt Updated usbstor inf gt System restored I don t know what else to do Personal opinion is that I must have a corrupt file somewhere which is impacting the Wizard s ability to associate the correct software to the memory stick I believe this because the wizard knows it s a memory stick but never finds any corresponding software Also whenever I try to update ANY driver for existing pre-installed devices it never finds software I would normally expect it to say that the driver used is most up to date Any suggestions O S XP SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-will-not-show.584119/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an old Dell Dimension 4700. I'm running XP pro with a Pentium 4. I know, dark ages. It has two 256 K memory sticks in it currently. I was looking to replace them with two 512K chips but found that the ones I bought did not fit. So I put the 256K sticks back in but now the machine only recognizes one of them. It is not giving me any error messages either on boot or in the Event Viewer. I switched them around to various combinations in the four available slots, but no luck. Only showing 256K memory. Neither appears to be damages.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Relevancy 51.6%

I got the “needs formatting” message on my memory stick.
I retrieved the files using Testdisk but it does not show useful filenames so I retrieved them using Zero Assumption Recovery.
I then did a quick format and checked it with Explorer and it showed no files, as expected.
I later hibernated the system.
When I resumed (not reboot) the drive had disappeared and nothing, including Testdisk, can find it.
I would like to use this stick if possible so is there any way to get it back? I don’t understand how it disappeared after hibernation when nothing should have changed.

A:Memory stick disappeared

which OS you are using, also details of memory stick please...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540377/memory-stick-disappeared/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, i've got a memory stick which i frequently use. I noticed soon after I started using it an autorun file had appeared, which I thought nothing of. Last week my teacher used my memory stick to get some of my coursework off it, and gave it back to me but said I had a trojan on there. When i got home I used anti virus software, but found nothing. I just wondered what this autorun file was and if it's this which could be setting off my teachers firewall or antivirus to detect a trojan. I tried deleting the autorun file, everything was fine, and worked properly, but it came back. Any ideas?? Thanks

A:Memory stick trojan

An infected .ini?
I wouldn't worry about it.

There is a website out there that you can upload files to to scan for virri.
I forget what it is called, but it uses like 10-15 different scanners to scan your files.
It's great for false-positives.
Oh ya, virustotal.com I think...give it a shot.

You can always open up the autorun in notepad and see if it isnt pointing to something naughty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-trojan.880625/
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer has been acting weirdly and I've noticed a software Stick Memory Usb Pls Infection - Help running on my system while checking the registry I've found the subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE knight settingsdrive quot quot which is attributed to worm knight But could not discover any other keys that may be caused by the worm After some research I've tried to find autorun inf knight exe files both in my c Usb Memory Stick Infection - Help Pls drive the only partition and usb memory stick The only suspicious file that I could identify was autorun inf in C Program Files Nero Nero Core SecurDisc I don't know if this is malware or a legitimate file I've run flash disinfector and panda active scan I've also done several other scans kaspersky ad-aware spybot s amp d running in safe mode They have not detected any threat either I've then removed the offending key in the registry but it reappeared with the next boot My computer's general condition is that I constantly keep losing internet connection it runs too slowly the screen is frequently stalling Some regular programs fail to launch at start-up and it takes quite a long time for my system to load Altough no update is being performed Kaspersky's proactive defense gives alerts about my system files like svchost exe iexplore exe keyboardmanager exe etc being changed The firewall also gives alerts about outbound udp connections attempted by svchost exe or explorer exe on different ports that they did not use to I really need an expert's advice in removing this stubborn usb drive virus Any help would be appreciated Thanx in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Keyboard Manager Manager Utility KeyboardManager exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS sm hlpr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Qootie qootie exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default Download DirectoryR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Ba lant larO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - ... Read more

A:Usb Memory Stick Infection - Help Pls

Hi pigunt,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

P.S. Please copy/paste the log into this thread using the Add Reply button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/115626/usb-memory-stick-infection-help-pls/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey,

I have a problem with my memory stick. I was downloading some files off the web onto the stick, but it seems that one of the files was corrupted. Now when I try to save anything to the stick, or delete anything, it tells me it is write protected. I've checked that it isn't, and flicked the write protection switch on and off several times.

Tried to reformat the stick, no luck, told me it was write protected.

Figuring its the corrupt file doing this so have tried to remove it with file removal software - Killer - (which has worked with stubborn undeletable files for me before) and have had no luck.

Really want to get the stick working again. Any suggestions?

Its a 256 mb stcik I bought off of play if that helps.

Ta!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have an IBM Thinkpad 380D that came with built-in 16mb RAM, and an additional 16mb stick had been added. It runs Win98SE.

I recently purchased a 64mb stick (SODIMM EDO, although it doesn't specifically say "EDO" on it). I removed the 16 and installed the 64, but on bootup, the boot screen only shows "16000KB OK", and the machine is drastically slower than before. (Previously, the boot screen showed "31824KB OK".) Clearly, the 64mb stick isn't being recognized.

Is there something else I should have done in installing the new stick? Or is there something I need to do after installing to get it recognized? How can I determine whether the new stick actually is EDO?

Any help will be appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have been using a USB stick without difficulty for over a year, however tonight my computer wouldn't recognise it...or my son's. I restarted the computer then it worked but when i put son's in it didn't appear, then mine wouldn't work either. I was browsing for a solution in the archives when my stick suddenly opened on the screen...then son's worked too.
Can anyone tell my why it is suddenly so inconsistent..and can i do anything to fix this.
i tried putting the driver disk in but it only has win 98 not XP and wouldn't work .
BTW: one stick is over 12mths old, other is about 3mths old and never had problem with them before.

Relevancy 51.6%

Here's the problem that I can't seem to figure out. I sent this document to a friend in Hong Kong for a project that was due, and when he sent it back it was all in Chinese characters that did not even make sense. And if that was not worse, the whole file got infected with some freaky virus, so much so that it infected 4 other files on my memory stick. Has this problem ever happened to someone else, and if so how the heck can I get my document back.
Thanks a lot for the help.

A:Infected Memory Stick

First thing to do is scan the flash disk then let the antivirus healed or fixed the file. If not healed or fixed, it means that the antivirus that you are using don't have yet the antidote of the virus to fix and heal the infected file. I may suggest to try any other antivirus that you know to scan the disk.
Sad to say that there are also files that are unrecoverable when it is hit by a very dangerous virus.

corneto_20

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392648/infected-memory-stick/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone!
I managed to do it before, but i cant remember how. I got opera browser to work on a memory stick. does anyone know how to do it?
thanks everyone!

A:Opera On A Memory Stick

I remember downloading somthing...................................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103929/opera-on-a-memory-stick/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everybody I have a Win XP SP P IV Ghz Win Memory USB Stick SP XP on Issue 2 computer holding two physical GB WD HD and MB RAM It is equipped with a Multi Connect Bay from Trust com This Multi Connect Bay has two USB port connections Until now USB Memory Stick Issue on Win XP SP 2 I have only used quot the upper USB port quot when I unload write to my USB stick Here everything works fine but when I use the quot lower USB port quot the following error message appears quot EventID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation quot This error is the followed by another error message quot Windows - Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all data for the file The data has been lost This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection quot It possibly can not be shortage of RAM I tried to contact TRUST COM but it is impossible to sign up a profile at their website in order to achieve support You never receive the activation email I have done extensive serach at www microsoft com and in the various forums to find using Google Nothing useful has been found so far So I turn to you in the hope you can help me to find the culprit nbsp

A:USB Memory Stick Issue on Win XP SP 2

could be bad voltage on that port, or a disconnected cable.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-memory-stick-issue-on-win-xp-sp-2.57408/
Relevancy 51.6%

sorry for my post...i mean thumb drive....brand name was kingston....when i plug it to my computer..my computer was recognise that thumb drive...but when i click the properties and check the disk space there was 0 byte use and 0 byte free space....and aslo i can format that drive...i also try disk drive manager and it also can't be...so what should i do

A:kingston memory stick

I of course do not mean to sound rude by any stretch of the imagination but given the number of views without a response to a possibly easy problem to fix, I think members are confused about your question. By memory stick do you mean thumbdrive or RAM? If it's a thumbdrive and your computer recognizes it, what's causing you to not access it (an error message, etc). What do you mean the virus scan and file system was gone? Is there any way you can give a more concise version of what's happening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kingston-memory-stick.870424/
Relevancy 51.6%

I really need some help Just recently I bought an MP player an MPIO to be exact I installed it following the directions and so far everything has been going great except for one thing When I insert my memory stick for my camera into the USB plug-in nothing happens Usually the Windows I have XP Scanner and Camera Wizard pops up asking me what I want to do and it has the Copy pictures option Well ever since I installed my MP player nothing has happened when I insert the memory stick Even when I hook my camera up using a I my stick! memory ruined I think might've USB cable nothing happens With the memory stick I insert it the light flashes stop flashes for about one second again and then stops I think I might've ruined my memory stick! completely When I put it in the camera I think I might've ruined my memory stick! all my pictures show perfectly I went to my Control Panel and it says all the plug-ins are working fine Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on Any help is much appreciated This is very urgent because I am taking a photography course and without my camera memory stick working well you know the rest nbsp

A:I think I might've ruined my memory stick!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

When you install a usb device it needs to use the same usb port that it was installed on.

Intall each usb device to a different usb port. Then always use that usb port for that particular device.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-mightve-ruined-my-memory-stick.44945/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can I load from my home computer a dvd onto a memory stick or my note book computer.

A:looading memory stick

Of course, a bit of a wierd and random question so that's pretty much all I can think of to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looading-memory-stick.919052/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I had this memory stick for quite some time now and for the past couple days I've been having problems.

Before, I used to plugin my stick and everything worked. I'd go to My Computer and would see SEBS_STICK and would access my documents.

Now when it plugs in, it is known as REMOVABLE DISK (F: ) (SHouldn't it be a G?

When I try to open it, I get an error saying "The disk in drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

I don't want to format it as I have many important documents... HELP!!!!!

Also this happends on every single computer I try it on.

Thanks!

A:USB Memory Stick Problems

It is possible the rewritability of the memory has degraded. This can happen with time and use. http://www.bellevuelinux.org/flash_memory.html Sixth paragraph down.

If you can't write anything to it, either, then you might have a dead flash drive (which would be the first case I've come across, but they say it can happen).

Of course, that doesn't explain why it can't be read.

Drive letter assignment is random, but it sounds like yours was originally assigned as G:\

My apologies: Try here: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1869

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-problems.633888/
Relevancy 51.6%

i got a sony walkman phone that came with a tiny mb card and the quot M adaptor quot stick soon after i decided to buy a camera http www sonystyle com webapp wcs now i went to a store and ask them if the M adapter will fit they said quot no you need a memory stick quot then i ask them if my M s a memory stick they went quot no you need another type of memory stick quot and points at a package of the same tiny mb card i had but instead includes a much smaller looking adapter than my M in the package so this memory fits? stick will then i ask them if getting that will will this memory stick fits? solve everything and they said quot no you also need to get a memory stick duo quad triple double adapter quot afterwards i thought my mind exploded so i was just wondering if i can slap the thing in the photo in the cybershot camera thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-memory-stick-fits.723375/
Relevancy 51.6%

About weeks ago I purchased a Pico A GB USB stick to hold docs and gif jpg files that I am actively needing at both home and work I have used it for about a month with no problems Memory problems Stick at work i have an Acer computer Memory Stick problems running XP Pro at home i have a Powerbook G with Mac Memory Stick problems OS Unfortunately my intent to back up Memory Stick problems all my files every week had gone by the wayside about weeks ago In the meantime I have had several important projects brewing Long story short yesterday I turned on the laptop at home and suddenly the stick is coming up as quot NoName quot and recognizing no files on it at all The last time I actively used the stick was at home on Tuesday just two days previously The stick itself looks ok to me nothing wrong or different about the gold connecting strips I tried contacting Super Talent the company that makes the device and was told that data recovery was not available from them Some of the things on there were unfortunately irreplaceable Is there any option that I have to try to recover the files you had better believe that i am going to a NIGHTLY backup regime after this nbsp

A:Memory Stick problems

When you back up nightly, do not backup to a thumb drive. Back up to an external hard drive, or at least that is my advice. I would use something like Acronis to have it auto back up your stuff you can rest worry free. On the mac, if you ever decide to upgrade to Leopard, Time Machine works amazingly well. I have had to use it and it is amazing.
http://www.grandutils.com/Back2Life/
You can try something like that to get your data back. I would buy the usb Cruzer Titanium beacuse you said that you are using it a lot and carrying it around, the Cruzer is as tough as nails!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-problems.776527/
Relevancy 51.6%

Greetings everyone hope you are having a lovely day Basically a while ago when i was setting this system up i planned on installing windows using a memory stick instead of disk but half way through the transfer of the ISO we had a power cut be Memory Stick cannot formatted and ever since then i cannot do anything with the memory stick the computer recognizes it Memory Stick cannot be formatted but says it needs to be formatted then when i try to format it says quot Windows was unable to complete the format quot The device details if needed are Capacity gb File System FAT I remember it being fat before this happened but i Memory Stick cannot be formatted cannot change it Memory Stick cannot be formatted back to that I have tried doing this in all USB ports just to be on the safe side and nothing I understand there is a high chance it will never work again but there is also a high chance i am missing something Thank you all for your time if there is any additional information you need feel free to ask

A:Memory Stick cannot be formatted

This previous Forum thread has several things you can try:

Cannot format usb flash drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210273-memory-stick-cannot-formatted.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to transfer some files from my old machine (XP) to my new one (Vista) using a brand new 1GB memory stick but I cant find where to locate it after I plug it in. I have no trouble finding it in XP in 'My Computer' but I don't see it anywhere in vista. I do hear a little bleep when I plug it in though. Would appreciate any guidance here.

A:Using A Memory Stick With Vista

hi,,, if you dont get the auto play window, click on start then computer it should be in there,,, btw when you first pluged the flash drive in, did it go through the found new hardware procedure. To set auto play click on start orb then control pannel, then click on auto play, then put a check in the ( use auto play for all media devices ) then set all the devices to ( ask me every time ) and click save at the bottom of the window. Then when you plug anything in or put any media in the disc drive the auto play window will open with a set of options for you to choose from like view files etc,,,
good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119696/using-a-memory-stick-with-vista/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, maybe somebidy can help.
I just installed Norton 360 on my pc. When I inserted my memory stick the pc turns off. I repeated it with a differnt memory stick, the same result. Any idea what I have to do to resolve this problem?
Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-pc-turns-off-255134.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Due to some issues, I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall Windows 2000. I had a USB hub plugged into my pc with a memory stick in one of the slots. I had some files copied/backed up on the memory stick. Now when I try to retrieve the files using Windows Explorer, Explorer is acting like my files are gone and it says the stick needs to be formatted. I also tried retrieving the files by plugging the stick into my laptop and I got the same results. I'm afraid that somehow the files got wiped out while I was formatting and reinstalling Windows, but I don't know how it would have happened. Has anyone else ever experienced this or can someone offer me some suggestions.

Thanks,
Tom Woodworth

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-problems.39064/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Camera (Sony Cyber-shot) keeps saying Format Error every time I turn it on. When I connect it to my MacBook it won't detect it, so I cant get my pictures off. It all started when I was talking pictures and some of them would just say file error when I went to view them and then they wouldn't be there, but now it is worse. Is there any way to save my other pictures?

A:Sony memory stick Pro Duo

Have you tried to read the memory in a card reader ??

And welcome to the TSG Forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-pro-duo.1001558/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, I upgraded my wife's PC a short while ago with a mobo/cpu/ram bundle. The ram I got was supposed to be PC2700. When I ran aide32pe last night to look at the ram type/speed it showed up in that program as PC3200. I pulled the cover off of thing just a few minutes ago and pulled out the stick of ram to look at it and here is what I could identify on it:

32X64 DDR266 OSLO002-3918528 CH810300 32X64dBOc8nMOS266 389002841101003bnm

Most of that doesn't make sense to me, but I would swear that the stickers on this stick of ram say it's PC2100 ram (DDR266). How can I know if the stickers are wrong or aide32pe is wrong? Is there any way to know? Maybe use another program like SiSandra to see what it says? Thanks for your help.