Windows Support Forum

Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Q: Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Hey everyone I own the Acer Aspire G- and I ve had it for a little over two years now One 5552G-7641 Aspire with Temperatures Acer Extremely High of the main problems I have with it is its temperature Right now when all I have open Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 is Firefox and iTunes the temperature according to Speedfan is as follows HD C Temp C GPU C Core C I have the rear of my laptop suspended about cm in the air by putting two bottle caps in the rear corners This is an attempt to promote better cooling When I play video games it overheats to the point that the laptop shuts off automatically I understand that the majority of overheating issues is not cleaning enough And indeed I have never cleaned my laptop before However opening the laptop or bringing it to a tech-guy is not really an option at the moment I have read on many forums that using compressed air is efficient but I have also read that it can be extremely dangerous on laptops because of water moisture Also they seem to only pertain to desktops With that said I am here to ask for advice as to what to do with this thing The only ventilation hole is on the left of the laptop and takes up about of the side If any additional information is needed I will gladly provide it Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Speedfan is not accurate 95% of the time. Tell me the readings using Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-temperatures-with-acer-aspire-5552g-7641.192887/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi dear I got an Deleted language change can't BIOS, pack Acer Aspire boot - pri order 5552G: old computer that I used for perhaps Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order one year ago and what I did to destroy it was to delete the language pack somehow Now Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order I would like to try to fix it as I actually need it But I do have some issues maybe someone of you guys know I can start it up all the way to where I choose between safe mode and so on - then I get the blue screen that lasts the whole seconds amazingly enough I have Windows Installation that s all I have When I start up my PC also says two fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot Had this been as simple as the system claims I would have been fixing it myself asap The problem is that when I put the CD restart the pc is also nothing happens So I ve searched up a bit where you can do so in a way pc starts via cd so I can install windows The problem is when I enter the BIOS I can choose between quot Information Main Security Boot and Exit quot When I go to BOOT it says quot Boot priority order quot and that s the list IDE WD IDE PIONNER DVD-RW USB FDD Network Boot LEGACY PCI DEVICE USB HDD USB CD DVD ROM I can not do anything here no matter what I press It s sort of gray text what I can do about is completely black So it turns out that they are locked What should I do Have also tried ALT F the Acer eRecovery Management When trying to complete recovery where it says quot Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery can not start up quot So all this recovery stuff on Acer PCs are the totally meaningless Anybody have any idea how to fix this giant problem is not going to send it to repair - does not guarantee it Would have been cool to getting this fixed Do not have as much bearing on the PC so if you first help me - please do not use advanced computer geeky words you get my point I think nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5552G: Deleted language pack - BIOS, can't change boot pri order

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552g-deleted-language-pack-bios-cant-change-boot-pri-order.1127456/
Relevancy 91.59%

Over the past few days I noticed my laptop was cranking out a decent amount of heat. I checked the cpu temp in Speccy and when only running Firefox the cpu was between 90C-97C. I'm sure the cpu should not be running this hot when simply surfing the internet. Even when idle the temp hovers around 80C. I ran a full system scan in Norton and came up dry in viruses. Same result in MalwareBytes. I'm not sure what's causing this. Any suggestions?

A:CPU running at extremely high temperatures

Sounds like either you have dust bunnies plugging up the CPU intake, or the CPU fan is not working properly.

A can of compressed air may help remove the blockage if that is the problem.

Can you feel/hear the fan running and speed up as the CPU heats up?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/306435-cpu-running-extremely-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I own an Acer Aspire V5-552P-X617 and i do play some games on it. Most of the time it handles games such as: CS:GO, G-Mod, Rocket League, and Kerbal Space Program. The computer is about 2 years old and I have never really had a problem like this before about June of this year. The CPU takes on some load and I play the game for about a half hour and the fans spin up really fast. This then plateaus and the computer then clicks off. This has been happening a lot recently and the ambient temperature of the room is about 10 degrees farenheit.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-552P-X617-Gets-Extremely-Hot-To-Touch-And-Shuts/td-p/459214
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I recently noticed some performance issues lower fps when playing semi-demanding games nbsp like CS GO and Overwatch even though using pretty much the lowest settings I proceeded to download CPUID software to monitor to your hardware to check my temperatures and noticed that I reach low-to-high 's depending on game when I play I figured it could be dust or something problem CPU nitro aspire vn7-591g high Acer a... with inside so I removed the keyboard-part of the laptop and used some canned air to remove all the dust I could reach without removing the motherboard I also managed to get hold of a laptop cooling stand The problem is that none of these efforts really solved the issue Just a slightly lower temperature on the GPU and pretty much the same on the CPUs I'm starting to wonder if it could be the thermal paste that have to be replaced Acer aspire nitro vn7-591g problem with high CPU a... I've had the computer for a little over a year now Anyone else experiencing similar issues Help or tips would be appriecated

A:Acer aspire nitro vn7-591g problem with high CPU a...

I have a VN7-592G and I find this weird to see you have problems running something like CS:GO. I would consider overwatch to be more demanding than CS:GO.How old is your laptop? Did you try closing background applications and reducing graphic settings? Did it solve the problem? The temperature will get high while gaming which is why its recommended the vents are not blocked. As you have taken care of the vents cleaning, let me know what changing the settings does to the performance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-nitro-vn7-591g-problem-with-high-CPU-and-GPU/td-p/462324
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey all Recently I ve been having problems with my computer - it never used to freeze or crash but temperatures? hot EXTREMELY it occasionally does now EXTREMELY hot temperatures? Also some games will cause my graphics card nvidia geforce gx to crash so that I get no signal to my monitor and have to restart I was told this may be a problem with the heat that the dual-GPUs in the card are putting out so I used the nvidia system monitor EXTREMELY hot temperatures? to check it out average temperatures CPU GPUs Disk All of this is not under load Under load the GPUs easily reach over celsius I was told that to minimize any damage that these high heats have caused to my computer and to avoid having to buy new parts altogether that I should get some compressed air and clean the dust out of my case It was in a heavily dusty environment for months until recently and to perhaps buy new fans What do you suggest I do to lower the temperatures About how much decrease should I be looking for in each component I was looking at buying a PCI slot cooler to put under my video card but I m not sure how much that would actually help Also as far as I ve Googled it seems that there are few to no options when it comes to buying a GPU cooler for a GX Does anyone know of any Any advice is welcome thank you nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I have been having some high CPU temperatures on my laptop while I have just been using MS Word.
While this has been happening, I have been looking at the temperatures in HWmonitor, on average it was reading 110 degrees Celsius.
So I put the laptop into hibernation and and let it cool down to room temperature, when I turned it back on the temperature was reading 85 degrees Celsius. I think that there may be a problem with the temperature sensor, but when Touch the area where the heat is coming out of, it still feels very hot when I am only word processing (HW monitor says 110 degrees celsius).

Link to Specs: HP Support document - HP Support Center

Thanks in advance

A:High CPU Temperatures

This is not good. Suggest to double check with speccy.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

This is my result for comparison.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40781-high-cpu-temperatures.html
Relevancy 64.5%

These are screenshots of my friend's HWMonitor readings:

First
Second

TMPIN1 and TMPIN2 are running hot and we don't know why, or what the readings are. He just installed a new PSU and video card because his old video card crapped out.

Also, are those fan speeds normal for that CPU? 1800 RPM is much lower than the usual fan speed of my Phenom II X6 1090T. He has the 1065T.

Same with the 2.1 CPU VCore. Is that normal?

A:High temperatures

First of all, your links only go to a login for gmail. There is no image; post your image here in a screenshot.

Next while hwmonitor is a fine app, it sometimes returns flaky info. Check your temps in the bios and post those here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-temperatures.1097167/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69C-71C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 64.5%

?Problem? is-different temperatures.
3rd party software(HW Monitor) shows very high temperatures to cpu and system:
CPU:Core#0 +55C-idle and +70C load
Core#1 +46C-idle and +60C load
Core#2 +52C-idle and +65C load
Core#3 +58C-idle and +70C load

EasyTune6:
system temperature:+39C idle and +46C load
cpu temperature: +33C idle and +39C load

gpu +51C idle and +68C load

BIOS vF11:
System temperature +39C idle and +45C load
cpu temperature: +33C idle and +39C load

Question is:Should I believe 3rd party software or EasyTune6/BIOS information?
Softaware:windows 7 64bit home premium
My hardware:

Motherboard:Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR
CPU:Intel Q8200 2.33ghz-CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS7000-Cu
Graphcard:Gigabyte GTX470 SOC 1280mb
RAM:8GB Kingston ddr2 800mhz
PSU:Cooler Master GX 750W
Case:Cooler Master HAF 912+ fans:2x200mm+2x120mm

A:high temperatures

Core Temp

Check this one out mr bluesky.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/152608-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have replaced the thermal paste on my laptop cpu gpu Until recently I had no issues with my laptop Not sure what the issue could be when I plug in my laptop it goes off the wall C in seconds within a few minutes it starts freezing I found a pch ba - A spot the last time I ripped it apart and saw I didn't change the thermal paste there but I don't think that is the issue it's the actual CPU GPU I took this summary Temperatures, High Please Help. basically at idle Chrome with tabs High Temperatures, Please Help. or so open excel speccy and notepad Nothing intensive used to do a lot more Quote Summary Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i QM GHz C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR - - - Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD NP Z C-S CA CPU Socket - U E C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel Samsung MB NVIDIA GeForce GT M Samsung C ForceWare version SLI Disabled Storage GB SanDisk SSD i GB ATA Device SSD GB Samsung SSD PRO Series ATA Device SSD C Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-B AB ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

A:High Temperatures, Please Help.

Are your fan vents known to be clear of dust and goo?

Are your fan RPMs known to be within normal ranges?

I'd run something like HWInfo to get a better look at fan details, voltages, and temps of various components.

Did this problem show up before or after you replaced the thermal paste?

How confident are you that you did a decent job of replacing the paste?

Before this problem, how high did CPU temps get at idle or at load?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402436-high-temperatures-please-help.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hey when playing Serious Sam online with my friend at one moment my PC just restarted after playing some more I decided to look what my temperatures were and found that max temps were CPU high and cpu temperatures gpu about degrees C and GPU degrees C I know it s terrible and I should do something about it as fast as I can btw I remember that after replacing the motherboard my first burnt down I started to experience siren noises from my PC speaker and found out that some alarm was enabled in the BIOS when the temperature reached high cpu and gpu temperatures a sertain point but the siren went off every time i launched ANY game so i turned it off but left the Shut Down temperature enabled degrees C So maybe my cpu reached this temperature and PC restarted Anyway I would like to get any advice about what I have to do Buy cooling but does that mean just a new Zalman or whatever - cooler or heatsinks or what else is possible and about GPU cooling i already have a stock ventilator on my video card if i replace it with another cooler will it be better or i have to place another one on it plz sorry for noob questions thanks for your time PS yes my video card is overclocked but it s only a little and I performed all the tests and there were no problems with these speeds for a year now nbsp

A:high cpu and gpu temperatures

hi unreal,

your video card temp is high (but not dangerously high for most cards). your CPU on the other hand is extremely high for any model. based of your description of the problem it would seem that your CPU simply exceeded the BIOS shutdown temp.

you shouldn't need to replace anything unless a fan died. when you replaced the mobo, did you thoroughly clean the CPU and heatsink (with isoproply alcohol) and apply thermal compound before installing the heatsink on the CPU? it sounds like you didn't, but even if you did you should repeat the process again because even a stock heatsink should keep it well below 85c.

also, you say that you overclocked the video card, what are your temps at stock settings? and is your CPU overclocked too?

what are your CPU, GPU, and PSU specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-and-gpu-temperatures.56438/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey my cpu has been having fairly high temperatures around 58- 71 C.

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 920 -Deneb 45nm Technology
im not overclocking it or anything.

Please help!

A:CPU high temperatures

Quote: Originally Posted by Xnefoo

Hey my cpu has been having fairly high temperatures around 58- 71 C.

I have a AMD Phenom II X4 920 -Deneb 45nm Technology
im not overclocking it or anything.

Please help!

that really isnt that high under full load. Is it under full load @ 71C?

Whats the computer specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/141338-cpu-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have a PC which I use only for MS Flight Simulator specs below I have just added a CPU temp gauge via CoreTemp to the desktop and am a bit alarmed at the information it is giving The PC came with the i - too high... CPU Temperatures pre-overclocked to GHz and I wouldn't dream of CPU Temperatures too high... losing this overclocking - Flightsim runs as smooth as silk I have never had any problems with sudden shutdowns in the two years I have had the PC Temperatures at startup show around - degs When running Flight Simulator they are between and degs just under the TJMax but nevbertheless The PC was shipped recently from where I was working in Thailand to the UK but I have checked inside the case that the fans are OK and that the big Fenrir cooler on the CPU is clipped in place properly all fans seem to be turning just fine No visible dust at all on vents or fans Q-Fan is enabled in the BIOS and the fans do vary in speed as I use the PC They certainly seem to be whirring away max I imagine as Flightsim rruns What should the CPU fan speed be The BIOS showed me around rpm I think What would folks expect the core temperatures to be for this CPU at GHz when the PC is at idle I did try an experiment yesterday which makes me think that the figures showing may be wrong I put the PC onto Standby Sleep last night everything shut down OK This morning I started the PC up from its sleep mode - takes about two or three seconds literally The CPU temp immediately showed degs Given that my ambient room temperature is under degs it seems a bit unlikely that the CPU would rise degs in temperature in the few seconds that the PC takes to come out of Standby Or not Thanks for any advice Martin Intel Core i - CPU GHz GeForce GTX GPU MB x OCZ Vertex E GB SSD x Corsair Force GB SSD x Samsung SpinPoint F TB SATA drives GB KINGSTON HYPER-X T TRI-DDR MHz RAM ASUS P X D-E M B x HannsG monitors quot amp quot Windows x

A:CPU Temperatures too high...

The following assumes the temperature readouts are correct, use multiple tools to make sure you're getting accurate readings if you have doubts about your current one!

I would first consider reseating the CPU heatsink/fan and also reapplying the thermal paste; the heatsink/fan assembly might have become dislodged ever so slightly during shipment even though there might be no evidence of it to the naked eye, and/or the thermal paste may have dried up and lost its heat transfer qualities. Also check to see the fan spins freely too.

Having done and failing that, I would see if nothing else is overheating inside the computer (ie: video card, HDDs, etc.) that might be elevating the ambient temperature inside the computer and heating up the CPU as a result.

If all else fails, you might want to consider a better aftermarket CPU heatsink/fan assembly, especially if you're using the stock cooler. Intel stock coolers are terrible for cooling (the stock cooler for my i7 2700k couldn't adequately cool the CPU even with stock clock speeds!).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271106-cpu-temperatures-too-high.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi...I've had a heat problem for as long as I can remember. I have an Athlon XP 1700+ 1.47GHz and the damn CPU temp is always at 64C overall. If I'm working on it full load it tends to go to 69C. I've taken out every single particle of dust out of the PC, changed the CPU fan to another one with a copper heatsink, and yesterday added a layer of Arctic Compound to the proc. The temperature is still the same. i dont want to invest a lot of money on a water cooling system, but I really dont want my PC to break down cause of high temps. I'll appreaciate any help any1 can give me.

A:High CPU Temperatures all the time

maybe your sensors are busted...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-temperatures-all-the-time.52401/
Relevancy 64.07%

I just installed a new Athlon 3800+ X2 (dual core) cpu. My temps on speedfan were not nearly as high as when I was running my Athlon 3200. Just wondering if these temps are normal. My cpu fan used to run at about 1800 rpm, now as you see it is running at over 4000 rpm. (pretty noisy). Also, what is the difference between the core temp and the cpu temp?? And what on earth is the remote temp?? Thanks. Those little red flames have me concerned. LOL.

Relevancy 64.07%

Are these temperatures normal ? I checked around on the internet but everyone had different answers all over the forums. Do you think the fans are not working correctly ?

(i used everest)
motherboard: 35 C
cpu: 20 C (this seems quit low..i didn't see anything this low on any website)
cpu diode: 38 C
mcp: 68 C
Info:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, x86 Family 15 Model 79 Stepping 2
thank you !

Relevancy 64.07%

I OCed my Intel Core 2 duo E8400 to 3.42Ghz and it is working fine. But as i put load on it and play games the temperature shows 71C. I know this is too high but i dont know a solution to it. any suggestions? I am using stock air cooling.

A:High temperatures due to OCing

Originally Posted by amigo max

I OCed my Intel Core 2 duo E8400 to 3.42Ghz and it is working fine. But as i put load on it and play games the temperature shows 71C. I know this is too high but i dont know a solution to it. any suggestions? I am using stock air cooling.

the stock cooler is a POS....., you need a good ''front to rear'' cooler to OC, what is your case fan config like..??

SK

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234650-high-temperatures-due-ocing.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer is driving me crazy it doesn't make sense when there is no application running it is using so much memory and the core temperature ranges from - degrees Celsius and the highest its gone is over when I was doing absolutely nothing to it When I try to put it to Loud noises temperatures! high and sleep it won't go to sleep the monitor gets ready for sleep but the computer is like full blown using so much and making SO MUCH NOISE that it stops itself from going to sleep and stays on When I start using Loud noises and high temperatures! programs and stuff like photoshop sometimes it calms down to - degrees C it just doesn't make sense to me or maybe it could be that whatever devil that is causing this stops when I happen to be using programs I have an HP windows vista bit Loud noises and high temperatures! home AMD athalon X dual processor GHz MB of RAM and when I open my task manager it is using processes CPU usage is around Physical memory and right now the only thing I am using is google chrome I just closed everything and checked and it went down to processes and the same amount of usage and memory Usually the most memory guzzling process is my cheap little anti-virus program using around K of memory I don't know if that's a lot the google chrome is using slightly less than that so I doubt it and Host process for windows services which leads to a bunch of crap that I don't understand This is absolutely ridiculous Vista is evil Do I have a virus or something As I am writing and preparing this question suddenly the core temp dropped from over degrees to just over and the noise stopped however on processes it is using a few less than what it was before so something stopped and the highest memory using processes like my anti-virus program is still the same so I'm not sure what that thing is PLEASE HELP this happens of the time it is so annoying and stressful because of the noise

A:Loud noises and high temperatures!

First run a full updated anti virus scan
Second download and run a full updated scan with malwarebytes.
If positive post
If negative, ASAP follow these intructions for overheating which is a major enemy of your computer.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...cleID=60300177
Test in clean boot mode and see if the problem persists
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Bring up the task manager and check out what is using the CPU and Memory. Post a screen shot if you dont have expertise in this area.

I think that you will get the answer with the Malwarebytes and Anti Virus scan.
The loud noise can be the fan.

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/287680-loud-noises-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer is driving me crazy it doesn't make sense when there is no application running it is using so much memory and high and Loud noises temperatures! the core temperature ranges from - degrees Celsius and the highest its gone is over when I was doing absolutely nothing to it When I Loud noises and high temperatures! try to put it to sleep it won't go to sleep the monitor gets ready for sleep but the computer is like full blown using so much and making SO MUCH NOISE that it stops itself from going to sleep and stays on When I start using programs and stuff like photoshop sometimes it calms down to - degrees C it just doesn't make sense to me or maybe it could be that whatever devil that is causing this stops when I happen to be using programs I have an HP windows vista bit home AMD athalon X dual processor GHz MB of RAM and when I open my task manager it is using processes CPU usage is around Physical memory and right now the only thing I am using is google chrome I just closed everything and checked and it went down to processes and the same amount of usage and memory Usually the most memory guzzling process is my cheap little anti-virus program using around K of memory I don't know if that's a lot the google chrome is using slightly less than that so I doubt it and Host process for windows services which leads to a bunch of crap that I don't understand This is absolutely ridiculous Vista is evil Do I have a virus or something As I am writing and preparing this question suddenly the core temp dropped from over degrees to just over and the noise stopped however on processes it is using a few less than what it was before so something stopped and the highest memory using processes like my anti-virus program is still the same so I'm not sure what that thing is PLEASE HELP this happens of the time it is so annoying and stressful because of the noise

A:Loud noises and high temperatures!

First run a full updated anti virus scan
Second download and run a full updated scan with malwarebytes.
If positive post
If negative, ASAP follow these intructions for overheating which is a major enemy of your computer.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...cleID=60300177
Test in clean boot mode and see if the problem persists
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Bring up the task manager and check out what is using the CPU and Memory. Post a screen shot if you dont have expertise in this area.

I think that you will get the answer with the Malwarebytes and Anti Virus scan.
The loud noise can be the fan.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287680-loud-noises-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello nbsp / Temperatures High E5-2690 z620 = I recently purchased a HP z with a Xeon E - -core with the intention of replacing it nbsp I should note that this system had some damage in shipping but appeared to run reasonbly z620 / E5-2690 = High Temperatures well nbsp I updated the BIOS and chipset drivers to the latest The replacemant is an E - -core I cleaned the heatsink thoroughly and used Arctic Silver thermal paste I've changed quite a few CPU's over the years nbsp All the settings in BIOS and control Panel are performance-oriented nbsp After installing I ran Passmark Performance Test with the side access door off It completed the test nbsp I then started HWMonitor and saw the CPU temperature had been C nbsp peak and while checking was C so I shut the system down nbsp nbsp For comparison the z E - v has been runing for some ime and is showing all cores from to C nbsp The system cooled l and restarted nbsp Checking I can see that the front case fan memory fan and heatsink fan all appear to be running nbsp nbsp Restarted side door on nbsp The core temperatures start at C for a minute of so and then began creeping up nbsp nbsp Restarted Firefox briefly and after about minutes one core went to C quite quuickly so I shut it down nbsp I reinstalled the E - with a careful application distribution of thermal paste nbsp Same results nbsp What am I doing wrong nbsp Is there a problem with the E - incorrect thermal paste nbsp Unfortunately as I was changing the E - anyway I never checked the temperatures nbsp I have two z 's and if it's critical knowledge I could try the E - in that system nbsp This is a worry nbsp Thanks nbsp Cheers nbsp BambiBoom

A:z620 / E5-2690 = High Temperatures

Hello! Can you see if you can enter the BIOS and adjust the fan speed to a more aggressive setting? The fan curve should be under "Power" and should go up to level 10. I'd suggest 2 or so levels higher than it is right now.

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!FX6300 / Biostar TA970 / 8GB ADATA DDR3 / MSI HD 7950 / Corsair RM850 / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/z620-E5-2690-High-Temperatures/td-p/5691517
Relevancy 63.21%

Problem I am a bit concerned that my Laptop CPU could be under pressure by running at temperatures that are too high and consistently for too long Background See my system specs for system details Snips taken from screen-shots courtesy of Piriform Ltd - 'Speccy' Because I don't believe in it and don't use air-conditioning the laptop is constantly being used in room temperatures that can vary from to Celsius to Fahrenheit and in humidity that can range from right through to I do have free and open space under the laptop and a desktop fan is constantly directing a good blast of air at the laptop position Screen-snips from Laptop running my temperatures CPU Are too high? 'Speccy' Laptop CPU temperatures when it is basically at idle look like this and with a couple of websites up Are my Laptop CPU temperatures running too high? and a bit of software running the CPU Are my Laptop CPU temperatures running too high? temperatures looks like this Keeping the Laptop free from dust and dirt I'm aware that dust and dirt can play havoc with Laptop internal fan efficiency and am constantly cleaning all the vents using a small hand-held battery-driven vacuum cleaner and can't do much more than that Blasting the dust using cans of compressed air - for a Laptop Yes or No Or can I use the cans Are the compressed air cleaners in a can available at most computer and tech shops of any use in cleaning Laptops I am a bit wary of them knowing that some have been known to introduce moisture into the units during use as cleaners Besides I am none too keen in using something that could be blowing dust etc further into the body of a Laptop But are there any alternatives other than removing the back and cleaning the fan that way Summary So do my temperatures look anything out of the ordinary and which is the best method in keeping the Laptop free from dust and dirt

A:Are my Laptop CPU temperatures running too high?

Yes the temps are high... but not abnormally..

As you probably know, they run hotter than a desktop. I always run my laptop with the back end proped up to get as good as possible airflow.

On cleaning out the fans... I usually blow air in the exhaust as I vaccuum out the intake

You can use compressed air, just be careful you don't turn the can to blow out ligquidy air.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284140-my-laptop-cpu-temperatures-running-too-high.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I apologize but I didn't know where to place this, so I'll put it here for now.

So I have recently installed Speccy, and I noticed that while idling my motherboard tends to sit around 55-60c (in the orange) and my HDD usually sits around 37c.

However, as of today, my motherboard was 63c and my hard drive was 54c.

I was curious if this was normal, as I am currently running a Disk Defragmentation or if I should go to Best Buy tomorrow and get a can of compressed air.

A link to a speccy screenshot below:
http://i.imgur.com/iwxnH.png

A:High Motherboard/HDD temperatures while idle

I'd open the case and check the dust levels, especially on heat sinks and fans. If it's bad then, as you said, grab a can of compressed air and get rid of as much dust as you can.

However, it could also be a faulty/strange sensor on the MB. Mine says it's at 73?C in Speccy, even when I've just turned it on. I can place my hand near it and it's definitely not 73?!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/225302-high-motherboard-hdd-temperatures-while-idle.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Problem I am a bit concerned that my Laptop CPU could be under pressure by running at temperatures that are too high and consistently for too long Background See my system specs for system details Snips taken from screen-shots courtesy of Piriform Ltd - 'Speccy' Because I don't believe in it and don't use air-conditioning the laptop is constantly being used in room temperatures that can vary from to Celsius to Fahrenheit and in humidity that can range from right through to I do have free and open space under the laptop and a desktop fan is constantly directing a good blast of air at the laptop position Screen-snips from 'Speccy' my too running high? CPU temperatures Laptop Are Laptop CPU temperatures when it is basically at idle look like this and with Are my Laptop CPU temperatures running too high? a couple of websites up and a bit of software running the CPU temperatures looks like this Keeping the Laptop free from dust and dirt I'm aware that dust and dirt can play havoc with Laptop internal fan efficiency and am constantly cleaning all the vents using a small hand-held battery-driven vacuum cleaner and can't do much more than that Blasting the dust using cans of compressed air - for a Laptop Yes or No Or can I use the cans Are the compressed air cleaners in a can available at most computer and tech shops of any use in cleaning Laptops I am a bit wary of them knowing that some have been known to introduce moisture into the units during use as cleaners Besides I am none too keen in using something that could be blowing dust etc further into the body of a Laptop But are there any alternatives other than removing the back and cleaning the fan that way Summary So do my temperatures look anything out of the ordinary and which is the best method in keeping the Laptop free from dust and dirt

A:Are my Laptop CPU temperatures running too high?

Yes the temps are high... but not abnormally..

As you probably know, they run hotter than a desktop. I always run my laptop with the back end proped up to get as good as possible airflow.

On cleaning out the fans... I usually blow air in the exhaust as I vaccuum out the intake

You can use compressed air, just be careful you don't turn the can to blow out ligquidy air.

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/284140-my-laptop-cpu-temperatures-running-too-high.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently acquired a Z420 Workstation. I have flashed the BIOS from 3.88 to 3.90, I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be any automatic fan control settings and the CPU package is getting to 80 degrees during benchmark testing. I have cleaned and changed out the TIM. I can increase the speed manually in the BIOS. But is that relly the solution? Shouldn't this have fan throttling? I have yet to update the firmware. Additionally, dose anyone know the safe maximum operating temperature for this CPU?And yes. I applied the TIM correctly. The fans just not moving quickly enough. Cools nicely when i crank the fan manually. Thanks for your input!! E5-1650 3.2Ghz16GB 1333 2x8RAID0 OCZ SSDsWindows 10 proNvidia GTX970SC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Xeon-E5-1650-High-Temperatures-Help/td-p/5820648
Relevancy 63.21%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey all.

Since I got my new setup, temps have gone up like crazy and I cannot find the source of the problem. Using Prime95, my 955BE goes as high as 65-70 degrees celcius. This is at standard clock and voltage, which are 3200mHz and ~1.35v.

The cooler I use is: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro and thermal paste: Cooler Master something. Case fans are turned up to medium instead of low and the heatsink seems to be placed correctly.

With my old motherboard (M4A77) and this exact same cooler, temps would stabilize at ~54 degrees at full load.

A:Very high CPU temperatures on stock speeds

Did you apply the TIM correctly? Too much can lead to a heat isolation effect, rather than a heat conducting one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/234773-very-high-cpu-temperatures-stock-speeds.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello as you can see i have a MSI GX specs http bit ly bTZ z and the machine temperatures high is MSI GX630 very is showing some pumps has MSI GX630 is is showing some very high temperatures been constantly overheating since last week when I was playing MW It shut off mysteriously at first and then i found out that the heatsink was not completely on the board I had the heatsink screwed down to the board but still there are really high temperatures for the CPU I use HWMonitor and my GPU has normal temperatures but the CPU has and Celsius when I ve just turned it on The temperatures are rather high even when I m doing simple tasks such as browsing the Web Is there any light that can be shed on this matter S I just don t understand why it burns up so much even when I have stopped gaming on it since it first shut off last MSI GX630 is is showing some very high temperatures week S I have some pictures of how the board and MSI GX630 is is showing some very high temperatures the lifted heatsink looked before it was screwed down I haven t taken any new pictures of the screwed down heatsink yet but I will do so soon Let me know if you need to see those pictures please Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI GX630 is is showing some very high temperatures

It not as simple as reattaching the heatsink to the CPU. There is a thermal compound that has to cleaned off and fresh compound applied. As it stands now you are probably not getting good heat transfer from the CPU to the heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gx630-is-is-showing-some-very-high-temperatures.153786/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey So here I am making another thread I recently upgraded to a new MOBO MSI A-G and CPU FX- With stock cooling I got pretty high idle load temperatures It was average C under load when gaming High temperature CPU bad sensor? temperatures / Solved: and C on idle CPU safe max C After seeking information and help from the people on this forum I bought an aftermarket cooler thinking that might fix the high temperature problems So Solved: High CPU temperatures / bad temperature sensor? i got myself a Cooler Master HYPER EVO set it up and I am getting only about degrees less than with stock cooling I m thinking this cooler should give a lot lower temperature readings than stock one Here s the temperature readings while gaming Note how one of the readings is degrees higher than the rest and is kicking up the average This has always shown - degrees more than the others This is even when running idle Could all this be because of a temperature sensor gone bad and that the actual average is much lower nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Someone brought me a computer today that they had apparently been running while the heatsink wasn t mounted to the motherboard It looked like the person who put it there just falsly Has temperature CPU a ever report very high anyone seen temperatures? set it down and thought the earths gravity would do the rest of the work Has anyone ever seen a CPU temperature falsly report very high temperatures? for them Thermal compound was well dried up and the thing would just shift around while you carried it The only thing keeping it relatively in place was the power supply which is directly overhead So I ve remounted this heat sink and even removed it a Has anyone ever seen a CPU temperature falsly report very high temperatures? while later to check and make sure that it was indeed making good contact with fresh thermal compounded to replace the old stuff I wiped away And the thing spins it is clean and everything looks like it should do it s job and keep the thing relatively cool Yet this CPU or some sensor is reporting temperatures rising into the s celceus before automatically shutting itself off I m taking a break right now to vent frustration because every time I m one or two seconds away from disabling the auto-shutdown feature in the BIOS it shuts itself off and I m back to square one This thing HAS to be dissipating heat there s no way it could be overheating while I m in the BIOS What on earth does it have the CPU thinking about that could possibly drive it to the brink of self destruction from overheating So what I m wondering is could running the CPU without a heatsink have damaged the thermal sensor in such a way that it s now reporting the incorrect temperatures nbsp

A:Has anyone ever seen a CPU temperature falsly report very high temperatures?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/has-anyone-ever-seen-a-cpu-temperature-falsly-report-very-high-temperatures.951723/
Relevancy 62.35%

Sorry if this is the wrong section although from my understanding it should be here.
SO i have built myself a new PC with these specs:

CoolerMaster HAF 912 Combat with Window
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3770k
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition OC 2GB
Corsair HX-750 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001
Lite-On IHES312 12X Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive
ASUS PCE-N53 Dual Band Wireless N600 PCI-E Adapter

So Basically im getting around 37-47? C idle and on full load im getting 95-100? C, Now is that high temperatures? I dont understand, It is being cooled very well, It must be the thermal paste even though im positive i installed it right. Any Suggestions on what it could be?

*EDIT*

BTW Its Celsius the degrees are in Celsius not Fahrenheit.

A:Custom Build computer high temperatures

If you are not using Arctic Silver thermal paste, get some as it will help the CPU cooling. Remove the old from the top of the CPU and bottom of the CPU cooler and apply the Arctic Silver, as directed, to the top of the CPU.

I tried several different coolers for my i7 3770 and finally settled on a Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling system. My CPU is not overclocked and at idle runs around 30 deg C and rarely goes above 40 deg C.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/271687-custom-build-computer-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My laptop suffered a hard degrees temperatures;upto celsius high 100 CPU drive crash last week I high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius got the HD replaced earlier it was a toshiba gb rpm HD now it is a HGST gb rpm after i setup the whole laptop properly with all the drivers and all the softwares including basic utilities anitvirus etc the fan seems to be running all the time and specially when browsing using chrome it begins to sound very loud which it doesnt used to earlier before the hard disk crash Now to check the CPU high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius temperatures high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius i downloaded SPECCY To my surprise the MOBOs temperature is way below the normal thanks to indian winters P but at the same time the CPU temp all the cores is showing me degrees celsius though the base of my laptop is not even close to warm Even the GPU cores are at normal temperatures I have attached two screenshot of SPECCY indicating high core temps and high bus speed as well and the other showing way too normal temperatures for the MOBO I need suggestions whether SPECCY is showing incorrect measurements which it usually doesnt or there is some other problem which i should worry about configuration windows home basic bit AMD A- M GB single channel DDR RAM HP A single socket FT motherboard MB ATI AMD Radeon HD G M Dual Graphics HP MB ATI AMD Radeon HD M HP

A:high CPU temperatures;upto 100 degrees celsius

Could be that the heatsink was knocked off the processor when the drive was replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311653-high-cpu-temperatures-upto-100-degrees-celsius.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Q B Running High Temperatures at Stock Speed Hi guys I have read around alot of the threads on the forum regarding the Q and generally see that it looks like I have some serious temperature issues with my High Running Q6600 at B3 Temperatures Stock setup My system specs are as follows Q Revision B GB HyperX DDR - RAM Asus P K Deluxe Motherboard Bios Rev Beta XFX GTS MB Antec P Case Top Rear Exhaust Lower Central cooling graphics card - Tested with original Antec Tricool Fans on High Setting Q6600 B3 Running High Temperatures at Stock in all fan locations - Tested also with replacement Noctua NF S in all fan locations Thermalright Ultra Extreme lapped to a mirror finish with a Scythe S-Flex SFF F Artic Silver Thermal Q6600 B3 Running High Temperatures at Stock Compound have Shin Etsu X D and Liquid Metal Pro on order Windows Vista Ultimate bit Tested using Core Temp Speed fan offset c and Prime v for minimum of to hours at a time over several weeks There was no overclocking done just ran at stock speed with Speedstep off Temperatures are as follows Ambient room temp - c Workbench no case Idle - c Load - c Case sides removed Idle - c Load - c Case closed Idle - c Load - c I have seen alot of people overclocking this processor to ghz with lower temperatures than I get with a stock setup so I know there must be something wrong somewhere What I have considered and tried to look it to was the mounting of the Mounting Ultra - I have tried a penny a coin that I drilled a hole out big enough for the screw head metal washers and also a teflon and rubber washer still with not much difference with the temps above these were probably the lowest achieve so far I have tried differing amount of AS from the thin line across the middle as suggested by AS to rubbing it into both surfaces to minute traces to a thick layer The heatsink itself is lapped to a mirror finish and is flat although I am sure the Q is not with the razor blade test so I have considered lapping that also but am relectant to void the warranty I have a few options left - I still have the stock Intel heatsink I have another Ultra extreme on order for another machine which I will try unlapped to see if it makes any difference with the concave convex issues I have a boxed Zalman CNPS that I could try or I considered a Tuniq Tower - I also have some Shin Etsu X D and Liquid Metal Pro on order but expect that the issues won t be fixed by a new thermal compound Any more ideas or comments would be appreciated as I am running out of things to consider TIA SiNeX nbsp

A:Q6600 B3 Running High Temperatures at Stock

you did mention you're running stock. Get a better cooler with some good thermal grease like arctic silver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/q6600-b3-running-high-temperatures-at-stock.88847/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I ve been having a problem with my Core i temperatures First off I fully understand that Core i s run notoriously hot however these temperatures are unacceptable considering the aftermarket heatsink fan High i7 NH-U12P Excessively D0 /w Core Noctua 920 - Temperatures CPU revision D and VCore voltages I have setup for my system After lowering my CPU s VCore voltage to v STOCK Clocks GHz reapplying Arctic Silver reseating the Noctua NH-U P SE heatsink I still get temperatures of c load I should be getting MUCH cooler temperatures with this setup around c or below load Please help i m racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with this My case airflow should be fine though my wiring isn t as organized as i d like Note In that picture the left fan is pointing so that the air would be flowing inward I have since turned back so it is exhausting hot air to the rear exhaust fan My system specs are as follows Excessively High Core i7 920 D0 Temperatures - /w Noctua NH-U12P Case Lian Li B Plus II CPU Intel Core i LGA Revision D MOBO ASUS P T Deluxe V RAM OCZ Gold x GB DDR - - - VGA Visiontek ATI Radeon X HDD WD GB Upgrading to x SSD s in RAID in Dec nbsp

A:Excessively High Core i7 920 D0 Temperatures - /w Noctua NH-U12P

Hi Type,
assuming that you applied the thermal compound correctly, make sure that all the corners(fastening points) are secure. I have seen a number of instances where one of the fasteners was not secure and with the weight of these HS/F's, if it tilts, or pulls down just .001" from the CPU heatspreader, it will cause problems. I laid one machine on its side and the temp went down 18C.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excessively-high-core-i7-920-d0-temperatures-w-noctua-nh-u12p.136301/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 56.76%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button P3) (included ... Acer Aspire Acer Keyboard Case with an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and then the device no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... seem to be the only one with this issue so far possibly due to the newness of Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663
Relevancy 55.9%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Is this normal for a 6 month old machine..? I can't update windows 10. The message says that there's not enough room to update windows 10, so I buy a 32 gig card....still it says theres not enough space,,,so I try a 32gig usb stick....still no joy.....So I take it back to PC World where I'm treated like a child and told that they won't take it back...they'll just send it back to Acer to have windows 8 put on ...??!  and did I realise it was a cloudbook and NOT a laptop...!! Left the shop with steam coming out of my ears...so, my question is this....Has anyone out there succeeded in updating their windows 10 cloudbook Because that despite having owned and worked with computers for over 30 years I cannot solve this problem....(Nor have I experienced such poor ill informed salespeople as I have in PC World....but that's another story...

A:^ month old acer ao1 431 C2Q8 ACER ASPIRE ONE CLOU...

you need an USB flash drive or external HDD with at least 16Gb and it must be NTFS formatted.http://www.thewindowsclub.com/upgrade-devices-less-free-space-windows-10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/month-old-acer-ao1-431-C2Q8-ACER-ASPIRE-ONE-CLOUDBOOK-14-can-t/td-p/460976
Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575
Relevancy 55.9%

My acer active pen is not working consistently. The screen recognizes it sometimes, and other times it does not. The only way I can get it to recognize is by power cycling the pen (taking the battery out and putting it back in), or by power cycling the laptop. I replaced the battery so I know it is not a battery issue. I have an Acer Aspire R13 (Model #R7-371T), and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  I was having this problem earlier with Win 8.1, but it seems to have gotten worse with Windows 10.  I have updated to all the most recent drivers.  Very frustrating. Any thoughts? 

A:Acer Active Pen problems - Acer Aspire R13 (Model ...

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34304/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371tNote: When the Acer Active Pen has not been in use for 1 minute, the pen will go into sleep mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Active-Pen-problems-Acer-Aspire-R13-Model-R7-371T/td-p/388575/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

So at first i thought it my keyboard wasn't being seen by windows but sometimes after holding the bluetooth button an unknown device appears that appears to be my keyboard yet when i type in the connection code it doesn't respond and Case Aspire (included with Keyboard Acer Acer ... P3) then the device Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... no longer is showing It could just be another bluetooth device though i live in a dorm so there's many other people with bluetooth devices in the area nbsp I checked out this nbsp https acer--uk custhelp com app answers detail a id how-to-pair-the-acer-bluetooth-keyboar nbsp but it only applies to and not Perhaps acer should release a driver update for windows early adopters that fixes their keyboard to work with windows unless there is a simple bug fix I looked online but i seem to be the only one with this issue so far Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... possibly due to the newness of nbsp Edit found this post which weirdly didn't show up previously nbsp http community acer com t Windows- Bluetooth-not-working-after-installing-Windows- -on-Aspire- nbsp Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ... trying to update my drivers again to confirm this isn't an issue nbsp edit nope it added a connected devices section to replace the bluetooth section but otherwise didn't solve the problem yet nbsp edit so after like hours i finally realized what was the issue In order for it to be discoverable you need to make sure to first install nbsp the new windows specific bluetooth driver mentioned in the above post then use the REPAIR option in the bluetooth drivers THEN make sure the keyboard starts having both its blue and orange light flashing reseting the connection After doing nbsp these three things the keyboard should be discoverable in the bluetooth connection menu of windows listed specially as a keyboard Then just type in the code and you should be good to go

A:Acer Keyboard Case (included with Acer Aspire P3) ...

I can fix this problem...1.setup windows 10 v1511 by usb2.when setup windows ready, update driver with windows update3.download driver Bluetooth and update setup from acer site belowhttp://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/drivers4.restart computer5.after restart goto bluetooth and search new device6.long press on power button on keyboard bluetooth cover until see blink blue and red light together7.when bluetooth connect with keyboard cover, enter 6 code bluetooth and endter for accept code8.enjoy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Keyboard-Case-included-with-Acer-Aspire-P3-not-connecting/td-p/372663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello im user of Acer Aspire ES - I have been using it Bluelight Acer Aspire ES1-331 Acer - Shield doesnt... from February with Windows For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and option of sharing WiFi disappeared it was under Rozruch do pulpitu from AQA and it became impossible to turn Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... on ABS Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that nbsp http imgur com a EpfjtIt means You cant control that device the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed On the screen high level is turned on but Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt... you see that it is a lie I am using it on Admin accoutn of course I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield nbsp Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works Wifi and Bluetooth Thanks for reading

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-331-Acer-Bluelight-Shield-doesnt-work/td-p/446697
Relevancy 55.04%

Can anyone tell me what the average load temps should be on current gen GPUs I have a brand new computer with an ATI HD stock speed non-OC'ed and while playing Crysis demo on max settings it gets up to about - C which I feel "High"? HD5850 What ATI Is Considered Temperatures? is normal However after playing the Sniper Ghost Warrior demo for awhile earlier at x and maxed settings I exited out after about minutes of play and noticed once exited my GPUs temp was at C and the fan speed was only at never seemed to go any higher than that Is C too hot I've never had a GPU in the past get THAT hot but ATI HD5850 Temperatures? What Is Considered "High"? yet haven't had one capable of playing any of the games within the past ATI HD5850 Temperatures? What Is Considered "High"? years until just now My last one was a GT and it only got up to about C while playing Doom many years ago but it was normal for that card - My idle temps stay around - C depending on the room temp and time of day w - fanspeed - Watching videos it averages around - C w - fanspeed - Playing games it goes anywhere from - C for Dirt - C for Crysis demo and now - C for Sniper Ghost Warrior demo w lt fanspeed I would think that a pre-fab'ed quot gaming computer quot would be made to withstand heat but then again perhaps not Just wondering if I have any reason to be concerned right now and if so if there's any solution one could suggest to me PCI blower fan desktop base cooler or something similar I really don't want to change the heatsinks on the card since that would void the warranty and I just bought this computer last week If I should NOT be concerned at - C temps what is the temp on the I should become concerned at Just wondering if I have any reason to be concerned right now and if so is there any solution one could suggest to me PCI blower fan desktop base cooler or something similar I really don't want to change the heatsinks on the card since that would void the warranty

A:ATI HD5850 Temperatures? What Is Considered "High"?

Also, the average room temperature stays around 25C (give/take a few degrees).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/94229-ati-hd5850-temperatures-what-considered-high.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired Acer Care Aspire Center E5-571 Acer and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center nbsp it fails each time The only Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

Are you trying to download and install Acer Care Center because you lost the recovery partitions?If they are gone, nothing you can download will put them back.You will need to go to the Acer store, click ERECOVERY and purchase restore media. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

I do not have great computer nowledge so please keep it simple or point me towards a Tuition postthanks

A:JUST BOUGHT ACER ASPIRE WITH WINDOWS 8 and ACER BY...

Hello, You'll find here all informations about BYOC (Build Your Own Cloud).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/JUST-BOUGHT-ACER-ASPIRE-WITH-WINDOWS-8-and-ACER-BYOC-How-does/td-p/308814
Relevancy 55.04%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

A:Acer erecovery management (v7.7.3) acer aspire 574...

It's now four and a half hours since i started the restore operating system and retain user data and the screen is exactly the same. is there anyone who can tell me if this is normal? Please?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504
Relevancy 55.04%

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem by printing out a lot of information on it But I found out that this is an easy fix So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all on one of these printouts was the solution nbsp In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive The default is AHCI Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface nbsp This needs 5517, to Had I Hi, Acer Replac... Have an Acer Aspire to be set to IDE Mode using F key to change it over As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition After setting the mode do not forget to Save and Exit nbsp I'm going to add this just because ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site NOT GOOD ACER nbsp I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replac... problem nbsp Later Fred

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-I-Have-an-Acer-Aspire-Acer-5517-Had-to-Replace-HD-Got-Error/td-p/438360/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I cannot download Acer Care Center for some reason I have tried via wired and wireless connectivity with no joy The nbsp AcerCareCenterCheckTool prompts Download failed Please check your network connection and try again I have tried run as admin troubleshoot nbsp compatibility to which nbsp it fails each time The only thing that does change is when running the program sometimes it prompts Your model is supported Do you want to Acer E5-571 Acer Aspire Center Care download Acer Care Center to which I press Yes Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center then downloading dots keep moving until Download failed Please check your network connection and try again appears Is there a direct link to the actual setup file nbsp Also just to note I found W run a lot smoother when I previously installed W carrying over apps etc from nbsp This fresh install if you like upgrade carrying over nothing has killed boot times which were considerably faster previously Have I lost any vital software drivers etc carrying over nothing then manually installing drivers from Acer supports site Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire E5-571 Acer Care Center

I finally found a soluation after months of wondering why this is happening. It's my Virgin Media connection, the modem/router as when I connected to my phones wifi, teethering, Acer Care Center instantly updated so something within Virgin Medias network is blocking connectivity. I did try the Virgin Media's router as cause by diabling firewall etc. but with no joy I gave up but didn't try another connection until just now with tethering where as stated problem is sorted. I will report this to Virgin Media and post back anything relevant to this.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-571-Acer-Care-Center/td-p/397848
Relevancy 55.04%

How long does it take for the 'restore operating system and retain user data' generally take?Mines been going for just over three hours now.the restoring system bar is 100%the updating system bar is 99%select restore type has a tick beside itcheck password has a tick beside it (but the font isnt in bold like the others)notice has a tick beside itrestore destination has a tick beside itrestore progress has an arrow pointing at itthe final step is 'finished' and hasnt been marked.ive been having problems (hence the restore) and just want to check that this amount of time its taking is normal and not an indication that its not working i appreciate any advice, but please make it as easily understood as possible lol i dont know a lot about computers.thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-erecovery-management-v7-7-3-acer-aspire-5742/td-p/440504/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%

At the end of January, we were contacted by our local internet provider about high bandwidth use. We had used our monthly allotment in four days (80gb, I believe) They said we likely had a virus or malware using the bandwidth. We are in need of some help. Thanks

A:Extremely high bandwidth use

Also during this time, we received a full hard drive message. Before this issue began, our hard drive was about 50% full.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606681/extremely-high-bandwidth-use/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm getting an average ping of about 800-900 pinging to yahoo.com. When I ping to my default gateway it's still about 800-900 which tells me it's a problem with something before it gets out of the dsl router. I think it may be a driver issue with Windows 7, because I dual boot Ubuntu and have no connection issues..getting an average ping of about 70-80 or so. I checked everywhere and cannot seem to find any solution to this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Extremely High Ping

Before the moderators possibly move this to the Networking section let me start some of the questions.

Do you have the correct system drivers for your W7 install?
Did it work well before?
Is it a DSL modem or router.
What type of system is this?
There are several possible causes but more information is needed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/extremely-high-ping-442077.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I am having a problem with my computer. It has of late been running at 90+ % CPU usage, and sometimes 100. When i hit Ctrl ALT DEL and open the task manager, the services.exe under the processes tab is using almost all of the CPU. Why is this? I have Norton installed and can find no viruses. The laptops cooling fan is so loud now, presumably cause of the high CPU usage. I am running windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks so much in advance,

Tom

A:Extremely High CPU Usage

Run msconfig, go to the services tab, checkmark 'hide microsoft services', and then uncheck the ones remaining. See if things improve.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-high-cpu-usage.1115530/
Relevancy 54.18%

When I boot my PC the Ram is running at once I open my Browser it rises to - and high extremely my RAM PC on running then quickly reaches over an hour or two meaning I have to RAM on my PC running extremely high reboot and start again My browser can be slow and I often see that it is hanging to read or transfer data from quot google-analytics com quot or quot double click net quot I have run Malwarebytes and found nothing amiss I have run Temporary File Cleaner and removed a fair amount of old gunk Here is some further info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc CU Log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-GB Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Anvisoft Cloud System Booster CloudSystemBooster exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Ruiware WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Anvisoft Cloud System Booster CSBSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cistray exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdvirth exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings brian My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank O - Hosts mssplus mcafee com O - Hosts mssplus mcafee com O - Hosts mssplus mcafee com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar Easy Photo Print - DD - F- -A CA- DF AC EA - C Program Files Epson Software Easy Photo Print EPTBL dll O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run CloudSystemBooster quot C ... Read more

A:RAM on my PC running extremely high

Did I do something wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-on-my-pc-running-extremely-high.1152116/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I'm not sure what is causing this, but my CPU usage is running at near 100% with simply running one tab in IE. I figured it was a problem with IE, so I tried Google Chrome and Safari, with the same problems. It seems to jump constantly at anywhere from 40-100%. It's causing my computer to essentially freeze, and has made going on the internet nearly impossible.

Any advice on how to get rid of this potenial virus would be much appreciated. Thanks!

A:Extremely High CPU Usage

Hi, I'm not sure what is causing this, but my CPU usage is running at near 100% with simply running one tab in IE. I figured it was a problem with IE, so I tried Google Chrome and Safari, with the same problems. It seems to jump constantly at anywhere from 40-100%. It's causing my computer to essentially freeze, and has made going on the internet nearly impossible. Any advice on how to get rid of this potenial virus would be much appreciated. Thanks!Hi, can you tell which process(es) is/are spiking and causing the cpu to run near 100%?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473650/extremely-high-cpu-usage/
Relevancy 54.18%

well i got this computer less than a year ago, and i stumbled across temp reading all over and read that everything under 70C is fine, so i went ahead and tested mine using both speedfan and motherboard monitor.
The results i got were the same for both:

temp1:114C
temp2:128C
temp3:27C
HDD:40C

i first used mbm and thaught maybe something was wrong... but then i tried speedfan and had the same results.

computer i have:
hp pav a645
p4 2.8ghz

thanks for anyone's help

A:cpu temp extremely high.. need some help

Make sure your computer fan is working and isn't clogged with dust. Also check your heat sync inside your computer to see if it's covered in dust. If you see any dust inside your computer remove it, it's heats best friend. Also, make sure your comp is in a well ventilated space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-extremely-high-need-some-help.28016/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have had a problem where my laptop lags anytime that I do anything even slightly heavy for high pages extremely in/sec it photoshop cs HD videos etc I understand that pages in sec refers to some kind of function dealing with when RAM gets low but not much beyond that I have GB of RAM on the computer and I've never seen it using above GB I did all the usual stuff extremely high pages in/sec to try to fix it drivers extremely high pages in/sec up to date spyware virus scan downing the OS display settings disabling some startup programs etc and finally asked someone in computer sciences if he had any ideas and he told me to take a system performance test and send him the report he tells me that my pages input sec is extremely high a healthy computer should have lt pages in per second and mine had and in two tests and pages out sec I need to use photoshop to complete my work but it just lags too much tfor me to work with anymore anybody have an idea on what may be causing this

A:extremely high pages in/sec

Look at the Reliability and Performance monitor and post a snip of the part where the arrow is. If this hard fault number is high, you are indeed suffering from page thrashing.
Btw: all your RAM is being used - and if it's only for caching.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261908-extremely-high-pages-sec.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey so I live in the UK and many of you may already know that so I use a popular ventrilo server called Live on Mixvent Extremely High Ping where I go with my friends to get Counter-Strike Source matches there I noticed that Extremely High Ping when I logged on after school I was getting - ping constant and my friends werent getting what I was saying through microphone for at least seconds later and more I was getting normally - ping and tops at peak times I m using an Intel network adapter that s integrated but I also have Extremely High Ping a wireless adapter but it s not got any drivers installed at the moment because I don t use it Using Virgin Media MB connection and I live Extremely High Ping in Glasgow Scotland - Clydebank area in West-Dunbartonshire all of my friends with the same connection in my area get around ping constant I also noticed that I was getting really high ping when windows was updating So I stopped updating with windows and disabled it permanently I then restarted and continued to get high ping nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Latency, Extremely .... HIgh DPC everything ive tried guys Ive spent last hrs trying to fix the high DPC latency I have and have been unsuccessful Ive ran combofix and I kept getting BSOD so I had to run it in safe mode c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Extremely HIgh DPC Latency, ive tried everything .... Profiles w bt default weave toFetch bookmarks json c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch clients json c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch forms json c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch history json c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch passwords json c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch prefs json c users Steve AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles w bt default weave toFetch tabs json c windows SysWow urttemp c windows SysWow urttemp regtlib exe Thats what it deleted but it hasnt solved my problems and I really do not want to format Ive tried disabling so many drivers in device manger and nothing has worked for me Here are two screenshots from dpc latency programs

A:Extremely HIgh DPC Latency, ive tried everything ....

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451707/extremely-high-dpc-latency-ive-tried-everything/
Relevancy 54.18%

My CPU usage is constantly really high, even when I'm doing nothing demanding. Furthermore, it's erratic; for example, where I began typing in this thread, my CPU was at 97% and then all of a sudden drop down to 10% and then back up to 90% etc. I even ran it in safe mode - where it was barley running any processes - and it was going up to 98%. (I'd post a link but I haven't accumulated 5 posts)

Thank you.

A:Extremely high CPU usage

What make and model laptop is this? What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-cpu-usage.166136/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello -- I am new here so I hope I have posted this in the right place! We got a new Acer Aspire ES1-531 for Christmas and it has been slow since we first booted it - especially online, but it is slow when opening other programs as well. It came running Windows 10 --- any thoughts as to what might be causing this problem?

A:Brand new Aspire ES1-531 out of the box, extremely...

Hi whatsupashley What processor is in your model? I know some ES1-531's only have a Celeron processor, which is great for single task items, but is slow. Some things you can try: Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up Task Manager - now click "More Details" & check if there is any particular program using resourcesRun your AV/Anti Malware software (just in case)Uninstall programs that are not neededInstall & Run CcleanerDo a refresh of Windows or back up & do a complete re-install of Windows. If after the above things are still extremely slow then that may point to a fault, so  return it to the store you bought it from for an exchange. However, if it is a Celeron processor, that is not classed as a fault. It is just a low-end processor for low end use!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Brand-new-Aspire-ES1-531-out-of-the-box-extremely-slow/td-p/406361/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range.

For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System (15)". If I expand this process in task manager it lists:

Why is this happening all of a sudden? Can anyone help please? I have all Windows Updates installed and I run an i7-3770 CPU.

My machine is now slow/sluggish with 30-40% being hogged by these services!

PS: I don't have any Malware installed as I run Malwarebytes Premium and the scan comes back clean. Some goes for a full anti virus scan.

A:Extremely high constant CPU usage

If you have ever or currently have more than 1 antivirus programs (excluding MBAM completely), please double-check if you still do, and uninstall all but one of them.

Run this: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums
Then this: SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (RUN ONCE MORE AFTER A COMPUTER RESTART IF IT FINDS ANY FILES IT HAD TO FIX.

Check to see if anything else is running high.. check startup in Task Manager and disable anything that you don't want starting up with the OS, and check details to see if multiple instances of NON-windows processes are running, such as java, etc. For example, Java on my computer created more than 45 individual processes and slowed my PC to a crawl, had to restart to clear it, and updated java.

Update your computer, and any applications you have on it. Let MBAM and/or your antivirus program do a FULL scan (i.e. NOT a smart scan).

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24164-extremely-high-constant-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i have a windows 7 home basic with a 64bit OS. the problem that I am experiencing with my pc is very high RAM usage The RAM usage is around 70% when i have chrome on and around 90% when im playing a game, and around 50% when i just log in . Furthermore my CPU usage flutuates from 1% to 40%. my installed RAM is 2GB(1.82gb usable) and processor is intel(r)core(tm)i3 CPU.

A:Extremely high memory usage

Two gigs of ram is the absolute minimum (64 bit) for just your basic surfing. Add gaming and you will soon run out of memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/217575-extremely-high-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I just a complete reinstall of Windows 7. As soon as my laptop started my CPU usgae is jumping between 0% and 100% continuously, with NOTHING extra running. I literally haven't installed a single program. I took a screenshot of the processes that are running by default, and also my laptop specs.

Relevancy 53.75%

my pc's cpu usage is constantly and program are taking up more memory than they should Please help here's PLEASE extremely Memory high is usage help!! need my highjackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Memory usage is extremely high need PLEASE help!! Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Memory usage is extremely high need PLEASE help!! C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C WINDOWS system mqtgsvc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall APVXDWIN EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe c program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall WebProxy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www clarkson edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www pandasoftware com redirec pdate amp lang eng R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet nodetect O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut CHDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot c Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - HKLM Run Reminder C Windows CREATOR Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run APVXDWIN quot C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Firewall APVXDWIN EXE quot s O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common File... Read more

A:Memory usage is extremely high need PLEASE help!!

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy
and sometimes a post manages to slip by us.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.
Download and Run ComboFix (by sUBs)
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/memory-usage-is-extremely-high-need-please-help-214622.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello guys, my svchost.exe is running extremely high and when i mean extremely its 540.000k and when this is happening my computer is just frozen.I need to have task manager opened so i can close it, i cant even open task manager when this process is started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/svchost-exe-running-extremely-high.1092242/
Relevancy 53.75%

When I run spybot or my antivirus my cpu goes to and CPU running high extremely usage eventually overheats my laptop I suspect I have a trojan virus that s making the cpu run so high but I cannot scan my computer to find CPU usage running extremely high the culprit Can someone please help Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Foxie Suite StartFoxie exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME btoole LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO FoxieToolbar Class - CAE B- F- C B-BD - EBDA D - C Program Files Foxie Suite foxietoolbaru dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO FoxieSecurityModule Class - C B -D B- A - F- B D F - C Program Files Foxie Suite foxiecoreu dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Foxie - C - B - CD - FF- DAF BDEF - C Program Files Foxie Suite foxiecoreu dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run StartFoxie C Program Files Foxie Suite StartFoxie exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra button Desktop Search - BBB -D E - - E-C D FCA - C Program Files Foxie Suite Resources HTML Desktop htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Desktop Search - BBB -D E - - E-C D FCA - C Program Files Foxie Suite Resources HTML Desktop htm O - Extra button Privacy Cleaner - E AA- F- F A-BE A- B EBFCD A - C Program Files Foxie Suite Cleaner exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Privacy Cleaner - E AA- F- F A-BE A- B EBFCD A - C Program Files Foxie Suite Cleaner exe O - Extra button Swift Sweeper - B - D- -B -B C A A - C Program Files Foxie Suite Sweeper exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Swift Sweeper - B - D- -B -B C A A - C Program Files Foxie Suite Sweeper exe O - Extra button The Infinity Button - E - - EBC-B - C F D - C Program Files Foxie Suite Resources HTML Infinity htm O - Extra Tools menuitem The Infinity Button - E - - EBC-B - C F D - C Program Files Foxie Suite Resources HTML Infinity htm O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip - D - C - -F FDC ED NameServer O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINNT System Ati evxx exe O - Service avast Antivirus - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe q... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

So something very weird is happening to me here are the facts Before I moved to this place my internet connection was running perfectly Changed residence and ISP internet is very-very slow when loading pages but download speed is as expected MB sec on a Mbps bandwidth Finally managed to trick my pc into loading speedtest net by using USB tethering and my ping using my ISP s connection turned up to be just computer high ping Extremely on one ms download speed around Mbps and upload speed at Mbps These results are consistent throughout multiple tests on multiple servers Also testing my speed using USB tethering showed normal Extremely high ping on just one computer results Now the funny part is that I m the only one in this house experiencing these problems the rest can firstly open speedtest net and have a ping of - ms I ve also tried using LAN instead of wireless but with no change Here s the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Baraulu gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Baraulu-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - D- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - D-C - E- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Qualcomm Extremely high ping on just one computer Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address E -B -A - F-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B CE- B - - D- D BC C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd f f fef Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Also by using inSSIDer I can see that there are no other wireless networks broadcasting on the same channels as my router is using Any ideas solutions are highly welcome as I have absolutely no idea why this is happening nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there Lately I am experiencing some unexplained CPU high unless extremely task manager lacks and crashes which I don't think are normal and I notice very high usage in my cpu performance but when I open the task manager it suddenly drops Due to no free time in this period I cannot CPU extremely high unless task manager deal with this myself therefore I am seeking for your assistance Below is the text from the FRST file Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by George administrator on George-PC - - Running from C Users George Downloads Loaded Profiles George amp MsDtsServer amp MSSQLServerOLAPService amp ReportServer CPU extremely high unless task manager amp MSSQLFDLauncher amp MSSQLSERVER Available Profiles George amp MsDtsServer amp MSSQLServerOLAPService amp ReportServer amp MSSQLFDLauncher amp MSSQLSERVER Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe AdobeGCClient AGSService exe Qualcomm Atheros C Program Files x Qualcomm Atheros Qualcomm Atheros x Wireless LAN amp Bluetooth Installer Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files DebugDiag DbgSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server DTS Binn MsDtsSrvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQLSERVER MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSAS MSSQLSERVER OLAP bin msmdsrv exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSRS MSSQLSERVER Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe Michal Trojnara C Program Files x stunnel bin stunnel exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe Dolby Laboratories Inc C Dolby PCEE pcee exe Disc Soft Ltd C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DiscSoftBusService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQLSERVER MSSQL Binn fdlauncher exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQLSERVER MSSQL Binn fdhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files DebugDiag DbgHost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Applicat... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626496/cpu-extremely-high-unless-task-manager/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is a picture of the DPC checker with only chrome on new tab.
When nothing is on, the latency stays around the yellow zone in the 1000 range.
I first noticed this when I was playing League of Legends and the sound was extremely static-y and choppy, before, this never happened. It is a relatively new computer (4-5 months old) and an Acer Aspire V15 Touch. If you need any more information, just ask since I'm not entirely sure what to give :P.

I'm not really sure how to pinpoint anything. I'm not sure what to try either so I hope I can get some help here!
I'm no extreme tech geek so some detailed help would be useful.

A:Extremely High latency when nothing is open

per DPC Latency Checker the program does not give correct values with Windows 8

do you have any symptoms other than this program displays a bunch of red bars and probably misleading values?

to be quite frank I am not sure what this program is supposed to be measuring

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/63031-extremely-high-latency-when-nothing-open.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I've been running a usage Extremely CPU high suspicious full virus scan but it didn't fix the problem ONE program always uses CPU Such as TCUP firefox skype etc So i decided to start killing those processes which consume Extremely suspicious high CPU usage CPU The funny thing is when i killed one another one jumped to I kept going until i finally reached - which was the normal usage when i wasn't doing anything like - days go My specs Intel Core duo Ghz GB ram Windows Ultimate bit SP Also when i open a program Windows Firewall tells me that the program was blocked from connecting to the internet and the only option to tick is the public network it always asked me if public or home network so there was options before Whatever i do i allow or just cancel it the programs jumps to anyway Maybe it's a malfunction or it's really a virus I don't know But it never happened before so i suppose it's a virus One of the weird named process is xcbfe exe -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/extremely-suspicious-high-cpu-usage-686632.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey fellas!
I just installed Win7 on my pc and I experienced a really weird situation,my ping has been dramatically increased to 500+ from 20-25!Is there any way to solve this problem?

A:EXTREMELY High ping on Win7

wowacker

http://wowacker.uuuq.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/19585-extremely-high-ping-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. Recently something bizzare has been happening. My memory usage is maxing out but I cant figure out why. i have not installed anything unusual etc.
Attached is a pic of the process's in task manager (around 100-200MB) but as u can see on the right it says over 800MB... Why???

A:Extremely High Memory Usage

How much memory is installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/22328-extremely-high-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys I m new to this website and first off I would like to greet you all with a hardy hello Hello I will try High latency of nowhere changes - Extremely no hardware Out to provide as much information as possible right off the bat in this first post its quite an Extremely High latency Out of nowhere - no hardware changes odd problem About months ago I signed up with a new ISP offering point-to-point wireless broadband in my area rural area with no dsl or cable connections I signed up right away glad to finally have broadband at my house Things were GREAT - I was playing Call of Duty Prey World of Warcraft and other low latency required games on Xbox with a ping ranging from - One night while I was playing World of Warcraft I noticed some light lag start to happen and thought nothing of it until my latency meter jumped to I couldn t move or talk to people as would normally happen with a huge latency in a game then I went through a few disconnections from the game and reconnections with a ping still very high - in fact at its worst that night it reached about milliseconds I figured my ISP was having a temporary problem so I stopped playing for the night fully expecting everything to return to normal when I came back on the next morning It didn t The extremely high ping was gone but now I average around ms Let me explain the type of internet I have - It is called quot Highspeed Radio Broadband Internet quot by my ISP It uses towers to send me my internet signal to a recieving transmitting tower mounted on my roof on a foot tower I may not be explaining that well enough so I will give you the link to my ISP s website - http www speedway ca - they have a better explanation than I can offer As for troubleshooting Ive tried a few different steps that I thought may help diagnose the problem prior to calling my ISP for help which include the following - I disconnected my router A com OfficeConnect Cable Dsl router wired to eliminate the router as the problem and tried connecting to my ISP using my network card in my computer in WINxp - no fix - I successfully connected my incoming ethernet cable without the router to my XBOX and put in my PPPoE connection details in the console to eliminate my PC as the possible problem viruses spyware firewall etc - still no fix - latency in the high ms - I tried rebooting my router rebooting my Motorola Radio Reciever which is mounted on a foot tower on my roof - no fix - I asked a friend of mine to bring over her laptop to eliminate the slim chance both my PC and XBOX both had some sort of network hardware failure at the same time - no difference her laptop experienced high latency as well Upon investigating further I noticed this latency does not affect my transfer speeds EXCEPT when it was up in the high thousands ms - Which I find is kind of strange don t you Continuing on in my self troubleshooting attempts I began to run some ping and traceroute tests and found Ping Results A I average around - ms to my ISP s Gateway - which I assume is good B Problem being there are spikes of latency increases the highest I have seen yet is in the s C Sometimes many packets will time out sometimes none do Tracert Results I can t tracert they all time out I believe my ISP is blocking this although here is what happens when I tracert my ISP s gateway C Documents and Settings Administrator gt tracert Tracing route to pc- - ispnet ca over a maximum of hops Request timed out ms ms ms pc- - ispnet ca Trace complete I assume the first hop is my router which blocks the tracert attempt The second is my ISP s gateway Here is what happens when I try to tracert to Google com Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out ms ms ms pagead googlesyndication com Trace complete Is this normal I have tried to contact my ISP but they have quot mo... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

Could you guys help me please? Ive done all spyware and virus scans, and cleaned up my registry, but still everytime my computer just starts, my RAM has only 330MB free (out of 1GB). I dont know what else to do.

A:Extremely high RAM usage at startup

Download Mike Lin's Startup program, and get rid of all the programs that you don't need to run. Google Mike Lin. It's a free program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-high-ram-usage-at-startup.571955/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm new here. :)

For some reason, when my computer has been on for a while, the memory usage goes really high.

I have 7gb of memory, and if sitting idle, after say, 5 or so hours, the usage will be over 6b! I've been restarting to remedy the problem, and it works, but only for a short amount of time. Now I really need a fix.

Thanks for your help!

A:Extremely High Memory Usage?

Hi,

When this happens next time, can you check the processes and see what processes/programs are using up the memory? (See pic below)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/extremely-high-memory-usage-584825.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I lurked High Problem. Usage Extremely Cpu around here when I had a Bagle infection and the responses for other people over here really helped me So now I have another problem and couldn't fix it alone This is my problem The quot System quot process is eating most of my CPU However it constantly switches towards other processes Sometimes it switches for some moments to the Firefox process sometimes to Winamp sometimes to my firewall The CPU usage is most of the time at - I had tried to close processes disable different programs in the startup but the problem continues so I have to think that it's a malware or some rootkit My antivirus and antispyware spybot don't detect it My PC specs are Gb of DDR Ram Prescot P Ghz Asus motherboard I'm using Windows XP Pro bits edition Comodo firewall and NOD Here's my quot DSS quot log MainLDeckard's System Scanner v Run by Uri on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore ---------------------------------------------------------------- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - RegRun Virus Scan - - UTC - RP - RegRun Virus Scan - - UTC - RP - RegRun Virus Scan - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - ComboFix created restore pointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Uri exe -------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Extremely High Cpu Usage Problem. v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exeC Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exeD Program Files Autodesk dsMax mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exeC Program Files NetLimiter Pro nlsvc exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files NetLimiter Pro NLClient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exeC WINDOWS system GSICON EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exeC Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC Program Files GreedyTorrent GTor exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Registry Clean Expert RCHelper exeC Program Files UnHackMe hackmon exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files Launchy Launchy exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exeC WINDOWS twain S U BX WATCH exeC Program Files RescueTime RescueTime exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Last fm LastFM exeC Documents and Settings Uri Desktop dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Uri exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www down co il R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook no name - c c- - d - ae -c... Read more

A:Extremely High Cpu Usage Problem.

Hello Urick,Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save to your Desktop.alternate download siteDSS will do the following:Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not
malicious.When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:main.txt <- this one will be maximizedextra.txt <- this one will be minimizedIf not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.-- When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that you allow it permission to do so.-- If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.NextPlease do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152770/extremely-high-cpu-usage-problem/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

Sorry for the newbie post but I noticed this problem 2-3 days ago. I've had this MSI laptop for a year now and it's been working great after I installed a Evo SSD. However, a couple days ago my RAM usage has been a constant 85% percent while my CPU usage is 2-3% (normal).

I can't for the life figure out what it is after running some diagnostics. Any advice would be much appreciated! Please see attached pictures for what i mean:

A:Extremely high RAM/Memory, but not slower...?

- Was Windows recently updated (using Windows Update) ? It wouldn't be the 1st time that Microsoft was "a bit sloppy".
- Or did you install a new program recently ? there could be a clash between two or more programs.
- Install PcWinTech's Cleanmem. It reduces memory usage every 15 minutes and let it collapse the file cache as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594525/extremely-high-rammemory-but-not-slower/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello For the past weeks or so my normally pretty fast gaming PC has been struggling with doing the most basic things such as opening folders in explorer saving or moving small JPG's and other small tasks like it Everything also feels unstable with programs like Media Player or a folder in explorer likely to crash if you dare do anything while it loads But I've noticed something very odd that might be connected to this In my system tray I PC Slow Extremely High-End Newish noticed a little program called quot directvobsub quot More disturbingly I noticed a couple hundred instances of this program open at the Newish High-End PC Extremely Slow same time and changing all the time some opening closing etc I attached a pic to show you what I mean This piece of unwanted malware does NOT show up in the process bar either How convenient Can this be the source of my misery I tried everything else unleashed Newish High-End PC Extremely Slow several virus scanners defragged did disc clean-up rebooted Nothing helps

A:Newish High-End PC Extremely Slow

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalParadox

Hello. For the past 2 weeks or so, my normally pretty fast gaming PC has been struggling with doing the most basic things, such as opening folders in explorer, saving or moving small JPG's, and other small tasks like it. Everything also feels unstable, with programs like Media Player (or a folder in explorer) likely to crash if you dare do anything while it loads.

But I've noticed something very odd that might be connected to this. In my system tray, I noticed a little program called "directvobsub". More disturbingly, I noticed a couple hundred instances of this program open at the same time, and changing all the time (some opening, closing, etc). I attached a pic to show you what I mean...

This piece of unwanted malware does NOT show up in the process bar either. How convenient... Can this be the source of my misery?

I tried everything else... unleashed several virus scanners, defragged, did disc clean-up, rebooted... Nothing helps.

Update: It disappeared all of the sudden. All 200 instances of it. It reappears when I open a WMP file, but now it's only one instance. Turns out it's a subtitle codec thing. So... this is probably NOT the cause of the slow performance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/newish-high-end-pc-extremely-slow-1090546.html