Windows Support Forum

Lost planet 2 save data transfer

Q: Lost planet 2 save data transfer

How do you properly backup and then use save data from Lost Planet on another computer or if I uninstall the game transfer 2 save Lost data planet and want to play from where I left off at a later time st I backed up Lost planet 2 save data transfer the entire folder from users gt documents gt my games gt lost planet gt I recieved an error that my save game data was corrupt Lost planet 2 save data transfer once loading the game for the first time the backed up save data worked perfect before when I first played it nd attempt Lost planet 2 save data transfer after advancing in the game all over again I tried backing up the same folder again from users gt documents gt my games gt lost planet gt AND the xlive folder from appdata gt local gt microsoft gt xlive I copy both folders to the same folder locations after the game was installed again months past and absolutly no luck I still get the same error quot THE SAVE GAME DATA IS CORRUPT quot IS THERE ANY OTHER FOLDER I NEED TO COPY OR BACKUP I have searched google to no end and found nothing for the PC version Please respond any info would be greatly appreciated PS I am not yelling with caps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-2-save-data-transfer.977335/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost planet 2 save data transfer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.67%

I'm going to buy a new tower and give the old one to my wife.

Is there a simple way to save some of my files and addresses and also add my wife's stuff to the
one I'm giving her?

Thanks,

Jim D

A:Buy new System, give old to wife-how to save/transfer data

<<...and also add my wife's stuff to the one I'm giving her?>>

Well...just where are these files right now?

Do you make routine backups of the current system?

FWIW:  The CPU is only part...of the system.  Since it seems that you intend to buy a new computer...I changed topic title to reflect such.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508014/buy-new-system-give-old-to-wife-how-to-savetransfer-data/
Relevancy 68.37%

Well. It crashes as soon as you click "Start" and it goes to the main menu. It doesn't give any information but the Error Reporting Service window, and I have run the dxwebsetup.exe to get the June 2007 DirectX update.

I've also tried the whole "check your system32 folder for the directX files". They're there.

The only possibly explanation I can come up with is that Capcom has once again done a really ****** job porting a game. Maybe you've got a better one.

A:Lost Planet

MercZire said:

Well. It crashes as soon as you click "Start" and it goes to the main menu. It doesn't give any information but the Error Reporting Service window, and I have run the dxwebsetup.exe to get the June 2007 DirectX update.

I've also tried the whole "check your system32 folder for the directX files". They're there.

The only possibly explanation I can come up with is that Capcom has once again done a really ****** job porting a game. Maybe you've got a better one.Click to expand...

Hi mate...
You don't give any of your systems specs and I can't see them in your profile...

Check this link:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/lostplanet/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-36058195&pid=939063

I speculate that it is a driver issue both in Vista and XP.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 HT
RAM: 512MB Windows XP, 1GB for Windows Vista
Hard Drive: 8.0GB
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 or Greater
Other: DirectX® 9.0c/Shader3.0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet.590408/
Relevancy 68.37%

Well, everytime i try to install lost planet it uses another program to open it, but every single time it tell me the servers are busy, at 3 in the morning and 11 at night its always the same, how could i fix this

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Card name: Duel Radeon X1650 Series
Sound card: Realtek HD Audio output

A:Need help with lost planet

Does lost planet require you to connect to servers in order to install the game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-lost-planet.706433/
Relevancy 67.51%

Every time I try to play the Lost Planet Demo I am given an error message that my PC settings need to be changed. I have done this and am now at the lowest settings for graphics, but still receive the message. Any suggestions?

I have:

XP (Legal)
Pentium 4 HT 3.2 GHZ
1 Gb of RAM
240 Gbs Hard Drive
x1650 AGP
HD screen
High Speed Internet

System Requirements:
OS - Windows XP
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 supporting HT technology
RAM - 512 MB (Windows XP) / 1 GB (Windows Vista)
Hard Drive - 8.0 GB
Resolution - 640x480
DVD-ROM drive - DVD9 compatible
Video - VRAM 256 MB, DirectX 9.0c / Shader3.0, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or greater
Sound - DirectSound compatible. DirectX 9.0c
Peripherals - Mouse, Keyboard
Internet environment - Internet connection required for activation and online multiplayer play.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, i have recently downloaded Lost Planet DirectX 9 demo via steam. I went to play it and it came up with the unexpected close error. i looked on the tech report and it had this error - 0xc000001d
Does anyone know how i could get this demo working? I checked on the site and my computer should normally be able to run it..

If anyone has any ideas please message back

Thanks in advance

A:Lost Planet DX9 Error

If the graphics card being used here is the one in your profile, I don't think the game supports it. I checked the Steam site and the minimum card required is a Geforce 6600 or better. The recommended card is an 8600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-planet-dx9-error.77548/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok, so i get the game at 7.00pm, and by about 7.30am the next morning i am ready to play, thanks to steams updates. Everything is fine, i click launch and select "Lost planet: Extreme condition" just to test, (i will try DX10 later). The little capcom and dolby logos come up then it goes to a black screen saying "now loading" with an orange spinny thing. It stays like this. I have left it for a long time, but still nothing happens. Task manager says the game is responding, so perhaps im not waiting long enough? Does anyone else get this? Please help as i hear the game looks great. Thanks.

Jon

A:Lost Planet just wont run

Hi there. I have a similar problem in Lost planet. My game runs through all until gameplay should start. I cant get my caracter to respond to any any input from my keyboard or mouse. He simply spins around on the spot. Will let you know if any solution comes up. Keep trying I guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-just-wont-run.610011/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok what happens is i insert the disc. The install menu then comes up and it looks perfectly normal. I agree to terms and conditions and what not but when i get to the actual install part I click the install button and it just exits out. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Computer specs-
Motherboard-ASUSTek Computer INC. M2A-MVP
Processor-AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Ram-2048MB DDR2
Video card- Dual Radeon X1650s
Sound card-Realtek HD Audio output
Hard drives- A 300gb hard drive and an 150g hard drive

Relevancy 67.51%

I am running Lost Planet PC edition on my computer Windows Vista Eddition and it is fine. I believe I have updated the game properly (automatically). My question is if I turn off all programs except those of microsoft to increase my FPS how do I know if I am, or are not, still connected to the internet and leaving myself open to attack. I thought there was a patch that allowed a single player to play without being connected to the internet.
Please Help.

A:Lost Planet (PC) and the Internet

I'm not familiar with the game...but are you sure that it won't let you run single player unless you're connected to the internet?

If it doesn't let you play, and you're still worried about being open to attack, then you can leave your firewall programs running, and still play the game. They won't slow you down that much, the main source of low FPS is almost always the video card, and it looks like you're using an integrated video card, which is not really made for gaming purposes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-pc-and-the-internet.619981/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there,

i have a question and i don't know if this is happening to anyone else.
i can barely run lost planet in either DX9 or DX10. I just got it and installed the new update but the only way to run it is in very low settings, and its still laggy. These are my specs.

-Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (4x 2.4GHz/8MB L2 Cache/1066FSB)
-2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair
XFX PVT80GGHF4 GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported HDCP Video Card
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
1.75 TB
running on a 50" hdtv at 1080p

my specs should more than handle it. any suggestions. i'd appreciated.

A:Solved: Can Barely Run Lost Planet

make sure you don't have anything else running in the background and try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-barely-run-lost-planet.611616/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello felow readers. I'm having problems with my Lost Planet game, it throws me out of game when I leave Mission 2 area (after killing that RobotBoss and entering tunnel), there appers some error message but I can't read it, I just press enter and game turns off.
Any ideas how to fix it or where to download patch ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-extreme-conditon-pc.622045/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all I hope someone can help Got Lost planet - Extreme condition recently After a frustrating installation procedure my first encounter with Steam and an eleven hour download to update the game it all started wonderfully The built in performance test quotes FPS in Snow and in the cave so that to me rules out system capability problems When I tell Steam to launch the game however it simply starts as it should right up to the point where the actual gameplay should begin I cannot take control of the in game caracter He simply spins around on the spot accepting no input from my keyboard or mouse After checking and tuning the PC settings in the options menu and asking Steam to validate my game install which it shows at ready I restarted the game full of hope Guess what now he spins on the spot in the opposite direction still not accepting any input from me What to do My system specs -Extreme Planet condition Lost an XFX Geforce gts mb E dual core chip mhz DDR memory all on a Gigabyte P DS R mobo with XP SP and I made sure to launch the DX version nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

hello all,
i have downloaded lost planet 2 and i am trying to install it the problem is its giving me out of disk space error.i have changed installation location but same result i have enough space in my HDD

A:Lost Planet 2 - Out of Disk Space Problem

darkspidy said:

i have downloaded lost planet 2 and i am trying to installClick to expand...

Where did you download this game from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-2-out-of-disk-space-problem.1011662/
Relevancy 66.22%

I was planning on buying Lost Planet for the PC and ive realised there are two different versions. Are there any major differences between them? Are they both on the games for windows LIVE initiative? or is that only the more expensive one? I want the one where its possible to get achievements (because im bored)

Thanks!

~W

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-planet-extreme-condition-different-versions.775006/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have what planet on suggestions Ok, xprt with. play need LOST I please) to (computer two computers at my house A family computer and my computer My computer is a Compaq Presario with an Intel Pentium Processor MB of RAM HDD and an ATI Radeon x Pro Graphics card with DDR video memory But the thing that Ok, I need suggestions on what to play LOST planet with. (computer xprt please) bothers me is that because the computer is in no shape for gaming except for the graphics card I have to Ok, I need suggestions on what to play LOST planet with. (computer xprt please) run games such as Lost Planet on the lowest settings possible Now my other computer that is in PERFECT shape a Dell Dimension w GB of DDR Ram an Intel Dual-Core Processor but a lousy graphics card I ve tried Lost Planet on that computer and it doesn t play Ok, I need suggestions on what to play LOST planet with. (computer xprt please) any better For that reason I believe that my computer plays O K because of the graphics card and my other computer plays with the better system memory and processor power But tell me please is it wise to make the switch In which I mean put my good graphics card in my family computer And switch graphics cards Sorry if that isnt very clear nbsp

A:Ok, I need suggestions on what to play LOST planet with. (computer xprt please)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ok-i-need-suggestions-on-what-to-play-lost-planet-with-computer-xprt-please.602031/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi! On my Favorites link I have tons of Favorites sites saved... Now how do i save all those links? I have way too many to copy each one manually.. Is there a way I can just transfer all this to my Flash Drive or something silimilar? thanks!!

A:How do i Save all my Favorites and transfer to a different computer or just save it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-save-all-my-favorites-and-transfer-to-a-different-computer-or-just-save-it.223405/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 55.9%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 55.04%

It's sort of a weird problem, really. I have a mac with OS X connected to a vista PC through an ethernet cable. I'm able to access and copy folders with the pc, but when I do, only a small amount of the files are transferred. I'll tell it to copy a folder with several gigabytes, and it will successfully transfer like 100 mb. I need to transfer about 110 gb. I split it into a bunch of different folders, trying to do each one separately, but to no avail. No error message, or any other indication that there is a problem. It's as if vista simply ignores the majority of the files I'm trying to transfer. Any hints as to what might be happening? Thanks in advance <3

A:Data Transfer - Won't transfer all files at once.

Well, nearly 10 hours have passed, so I'm going to shamelessly self-bump this thread. Sorry :[

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer-wont-transfer-all-files-at-once.851047/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone

I am trying to transfer files from my old Windows 8 laptop to my new Microsoft Surface, both are running 64 bit Windows 8.1.

I started up Windows Easy Transfer on the old laptop, but it isn't giving me the option to scan and save the files I want to move - it is simply asking me if I have run WET on an old PC - so effectively it is asking me if I want to copy files onto my laptop, where I actually want to move them from my laptop to the new Surface. I hope this makes sense?

I've used WET previously and never seen this before - can anyone help? I am using an administrator account on my old laptop.

Thanks for reading.

A:Windows Easy Transfer won't allow me to save?

I've done some digging and WET is deprecated in Windows 8.1. can anyone recommend any other software that will not only transfer files from one PC to another, but also settings including outlook, Wi-Fi, iTunes etc.?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-easy-transfer-wont-allow-me-to-save.1111911/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have my OS Win Pro on a GB HHD That I want to upgrade to an GB SSD After the Transfer I will Upgrade the OS to Win Pro for which I need Win installed first I saw threads on quot Migrating quot the OS using 'Paragon Migrate OS to SSD ' but I want to KEEP Win on my old HHD in Transfer Save OS on Drives, HDD Swap-Out to SSD on Old & HDD?? BUT OS case I don't Like Win and want to move back later To migrate means 'to move' as apposed to Copy clone If my English is correct Will Paragon Migrate leave Transfer OS on HDD to SSD & Swap-Out Drives, BUT Save OS on Old HDD?? the Original copy of the OS on the HHD after the Migration to the new SSD I read that Using a program like Acronis will Clone the drive but not make it Bootable The Bootmanager partition is not cloned Is there an Easy amp uncomplicated way for me to clone the whole OS to a New 'C' SSD with the Bootsector while retaining a Transfer OS on HDD to SSD & Swap-Out Drives, BUT Save OS on Old HDD?? Bootable OS copy on the Old 'C' HHD so I can swap back if needed I initialized the new SSD as drive 'S' in my Hot-Swap Dock But now I'm stymimed about how to make the OS Transfer with the New SSD as 'C' while keeping a Full copy on the old 'C' drive I will replace the Old 'C' HHD from the Computer The Only OS 'C' drive will be the new SSD A little knowledge makes me confused amp paranoid and unable to make a correct decision Thanks in Advance for any advice you can provide

A:Transfer OS on HDD to SSD & Swap-Out Drives, BUT Save OS on Old HDD??

I actually used the same Paragon app to "migrate" my Win7 setup to an SSD -- and it left the original untouched. Once I confirmed it was working OK, I erased the original setup on the HDD. You might have to reactivate on the SSD, but that should not be a problem.

When you boot using the SSD, the Win7 OS partition will automatically load up as "C".

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273665-transfer-os-hdd-ssd-swap-out-drives-but-save-os-old-hdd.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Just learned how to transfer from floppy to new C-drive but how do you store emails on a floppy in order to be able to save them. Can you save them all at once? Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a whole bunch of Pictures saved to my computer that I want to transfer to CD's to save space. I am not sure what kind of CD's to use and I do not want to lose any of the pictures while transfering them. And also if I transfer them to CD's will I be able to print them out after they are on the CD's? Thanks Emily

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 51.6%

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 51.17%

If I have an Invision forum and I want to transfer it to vBulletin, what do I have to change with the backup data? I have various knowledge of PHP but I need to know what way to go in this change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-save-backup-in-invision-and-transfer-to-vbulletin.344500/
Relevancy 51.17%

I play Dungeon Hunter on my Windows Desktop PC I have an identical PC wife's and I want to transfer my player's save file to that PC Reason for this is that I'll be selling my 5 file transfer Hunter save Dungeon Help another to PC own PC and get a new one I want to make sure that I don't have to start this online game from scratch DH gives an option to login to Facebook from inside the game It says by Help transfer Dungeon Hunter 5 save file to another PC doing so it can make sure that your account quot syncs quot Help transfer Dungeon Hunter 5 save file to another PC and you can play from anywhere Well that is a lie - I have tried their Facebook login feature and it's garbage - it does not work I have already written two emails to their customer support and still waiting for a response after a month So I decided to take things in my own hands I used a freeware tool to detect what files changed when I play DH The location of changed files was in this folder quot C Users docto AppData Local Packages A AB D DungeonHunter h adky gbf m quot I tried to copy everything from that folder over to the second PC However DH app opens and closes right away I suspect it needs something more than simply transferring the files like that I thought it was an ownership issue so I tried to change the owner of the newly copied files to wife's name she's the only account holder on that PC However that didn't work DH still crashed as soon as it opened Here is my question What needs to be done so the DH save file from one computer will work on the other Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/56964-help-transfer-dungeon-hunter-5-save-file-another-pc.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Is this possible? If so, how can it be done?

A:Can you save the history and cookies to transfer to another computer?

I assume you are talking about IE. I have never seen the history file saved.

The cookies (and favorites) are pretty easy to do actually. Open up IE and go to File import and export. Click the export option for the cookies and click next.

At this screen tell it to save to a file, and choose the folder to save it to.

Then you can take the cookie.txt file to a new computer and import it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-save-the-history-and-cookies-to-transfer-to-another-computer.67813/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am attempting to move from Windows XP to Windows on my PC I have installed Windows Easy Transfer and I have completed the XP save to my external hard drive According to page of the Microsoft document Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows quot You'll need to re-install your programs by hand after installing Windows When you run Windows Easy Transfer you will get a report that lists the programs that you are currently using with Windows XP quot I ran Easy Transfer but I did not get a report and Viewing XP installing Win before Transfer to Easy 7 7 reports save - cannot find one I verified that the saved document was on my external drive as it should be but I cannot view it I need to see the report so that I can make sure I have a list of all the programs that I will need to be re-installing after the Windows installation is complete and the Easy Transfer to Windows is done Thank you for your help

A:Easy Transfer XP to 7 - Viewing save reports before installing Win 7

Hi CaniacKak welcome to SevenForums

Looking at this link Upgrading to Windows 7: Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 | Windows 7 content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

Looks like the option to view the list of programs you will need to reinstall is when you're inside Windows 7

: ADDED :

You might want to take a look at this tutorial here
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

You could install this program on your XP PC before you install Windows 7 . It will list all the software installed on your PC as well as show your their Product Keys
Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293475-easy-transfer-xp-7-viewing-save-reports-before-installing-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I'm interested to do a clean installation of Windows 7 with SP1 integrated and I wanna do this as fast as I can with minimum possible effort especially when it comes to the configuration of office 2010 settings which 'll take a HUGE amount of effort if I have to do it again from scratch.
I just wonder what exactly are the programs which Windows Easy Transfer save their settings?
I'm asking because there may be some programs that I may not use again on my new installation of windows 7 so I'm not interested for WET to import junk files for programs settings that may not exist on my new installation anymore.

In other words, I wished if there's a possibility to know what EXACTLY are the programs that WET transfer settings for? Is it Microsoft products only? or I can have settings of other 3rd party software transferred like Adobe Photoshop CS5/Bridge?

A:What programs does Windows Easy Transfer save their settings?

IMHO Clean install usually means formatting the drive. Easy transfer means updating. We all know how much of a PTIA a clean install is but it is the only way to rid oneself of the junk from a previous Install.

As far as I know there isnt a way to "configure" WET to do selective imports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/223758-what-programs-does-windows-easy-transfer-save-their-settings.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,

Here is what I want to do with my current excel file:
Click Save button to save all required data to another sheet
The number highlighted in reed need to be auto increment (+1) each time save button is click
Then the file will save as a new excel file with the form number (SRF-ABC-1001-14.xls)
And clear the current form and exit excel

Please refer my attached file for the sample what I want to do.

Please note the number highlighted in red should be auto increment number, once click save button, the file will automatic save as a new excel with the Form name.

Thank you so much for your help and time reading this.

A:vba to save file as a new file and record data into existing data sheet

anyone able to assist me?

I'm looking forward to learn hence I appreciate each code have a comment on top of it and provide me some samples of code and I'll workout the rest.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-save-file-as-a-new-file-and-record-data-into-existing-data-sheet.1134334/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a new pc, and for ONCE, my old one is still working. Both the new and old have XP Pro. I am getting ready to transfer all the old info to the new one. I have never done this before, so please forgive the laughable questions. My old PC has a C drive (with about 5.5GB data out of 8GB) and a D drive (with 18GB data out of 20GB). I bought Detto's IntelliMover with the new PC (200GB).... will I have trouble moving data from two different drives, or is this a pretty straightforward process? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what is the best way to make sure the old PC is completely clear of old files, since I am giving it to someone else. Thanks SO MUCH for the help!!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I am a rookie on the PC and I am planning to buy an upgrade to my PC and I would like to know if it is very difficult to transfer my files etc to the new PC rather than pay a comp geek their steep prices or is their a book I could buy with layman instructions,thanks Matsui55

A:data transfer

There are many ways to transfer your data, you can network the machines, or you can use something like a USB FLASH disk or USB hard drive to transfer the data. Of course, you can also use CD-R/DVD-R media to move the data if the old machine has an optical writer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.715568/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there anyway I can connect my old PC with a newly bought PC by cable and thus transfer any required data/programs to the new PC?

Thanks for your assistance

Bunbarian

Relevancy 49.88%

We are looking for a faster way to transfer user data to a new pc Data Transfer of or hdd We currently use winzip with wildcards to search the hard drive for specified file extensions Depending on the number of these files a user Transfer of Data may have it can take over an hour or longer This is mainly because of their pst files some have more than one and are up to the gb limit that are on there harddrive and the network team will not let the pst s reside on a network drive What we do is either slave the old drive to the new or we ll map to shard drive on a pc connected to the network we will start winzip having it search with the wildcards and create the zip file in a data folder on the new pc or hdd I have just recently with this company and there is NO user training and the users DO NOT store their data in one or two folders It s a nightmare And with the network ppl not allowing the storage of Transfer of Data pst files well I m sure you can imagine my frustration Anyone have ANY ideas to do this a little quicker nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I just bought a laptop and i am going to use it as a download machine, how can i transfer utorrent and all of it's current torrents over form ym desktop to my laptop?

A:Data Transfer

hi, i wouldn't recommend using any p2p software because many of them come with bundled viruses and other types of malware.
You simply need to go to my documents and find a folder named utorrent or something similiar and the videos or any data you have saved will be onthere. to transfer it burn it onto a cd or copy and paste it to a usb.
if you can't find the file i believe you can right click on the file and choose explore or open folder and that will give you the location in the address bar once opened.

also check C:\downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-transfer-279764.html
Relevancy 49.88%

we are operating an emachine x2 dual core processor 4400 3.00 gb amd athlon tm. We are transferring a dvd audio from our hard drive, where it is stored as a folder, into anb mp3 player. What software do we need and what are instructions to transfer? Thanks a lot!!

Relevancy 49.88%

Can anyone offer suggestions on a good method to transfer apps and data from an old Win XP computer to a brand new Windows 7 computer. I have as yet not worked with Win 7 and realize that cloning drives is not a solutions when changing the OS.
Items of concern in the transfer:
Quicken -- may upgrade to newest version and restore all old data
Word and Word documents
Excel and Excel Workbooks
Internet connection - ComCast cable
Mozy backup

A:Data transfer

You can copy files (docs, music, pics, etc.) in a variety of ways such as over the network, external drives, etc., but your actual programs will have to be reinstalled on the new system. If you already have Comcast cable set up, you should not need to install their software. There is a good backup utility for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird at http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.928126/
Relevancy 49.88%

I intend to transfer files from an xp pc to a new windows 7 desktop. I have the belkin transfer cable to accomplish the transfer. Question: With one monitor, how do I negotiate the graphic instructions from one pc to the other?

First download and install the windows 7 cable driver - http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2896/kw/easy transfer

"Windows Easy Transfer" is installed on Win7 by default. We have to install it on XP aswell. To do this you have to run windows easy transfer from the windows 7 machine(Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - "Windows Easy Transfer"), Click ''Next, Then ''Easy tranfer cable, Then ''This is my new computer, Then ''I need to install it now.
The software will be copied on a external drive or disk.
Install it on XP and run it from both sides.

That should do it...

Cheers
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.1053687/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have installed a new hdd and want to get all the data transfered from the old disk to the new, is there a way?.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.88%

Have 5 year old HP Compaq Presario with Windows Vista 32bit.
Wish to transfer all data to 1 year old HP Pavillion p6700z with
Windows 7 64bit. Is this doable and, if so, how should I proceed?

Note: This is wife's Vista PC. Have "7" backup dvd's, but don't
know how to run or if I can. Have done "Windows Transfer"
via network connection and, assumedly, all data is on "HP
Recovery (D:)", on new 7 PC. Could anything be done with
this info?

A:Transfer of PC data to another PC

Hello Learning Novice & welcome to TSF

Here are 4 Ways To Transfer Files From One Computer to Another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Learning Novice

Note: This is wife's Vista PC. Have "7" backup dvd's, but don't
know how to run or if I can. Have done "Windows Transfer"
via network connection and, assumedly, all data is on "HP
Recovery (D:)", on new 7 PC. Could anything be done with
this info?

I'm not very clear with what you meant here? Did you try Windows Easy Transfer? And, you have backed up all your data and are you having problems restoring the files to the new system?

Please post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/transfer-of-pc-data-to-another-pc-654012.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I intend to transfer files from an xp pc to a new windows 7 desktop. I have the belkin transfer cable to accomplish the transfer. Question: With one monitor, how do I negotiate the graphic instructions from one pc to the other?

If you can network the two pc's you will not have to see the old one to copy over the files. Otherwise, a KVM switch should work .

Newegg.com - TRENDnet TK-207K 2-Port USB KVM Switch

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/data-transfer-646117.html
Relevancy 49.88%

we are operating an emachine x2 dual core processor 4400 3.00 gb amd athlon tm. what we want to do is transfer data from a dvd disc to a mp3 player. We have the ports and the cables and all the necessary hardware, including the drives but for some reason the data is not being transferred even though we had done it once before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-data-dvd-to-mp3.874513/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have to do a data transfer. I might have to do it via a network cable. Can someone please give me the "Cliff's Notes" on this?

A:NIC data transfer...

http://www.5starsupport.com/tutorial/networking-crossover-cable.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-data-transfer.674575/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello out there
I am after help in that i would like to take hard drive, volume 27g from one laptop win xp pro, and place on another laptop 80g win xp home.
I do have memory flash but only 256mb.
I also think i will need to look at partioning drives

do hope i get a reply/plural great support

ta villicano

Relevancy 49.88%

I orderd this HD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148262

What is the speed limiter jumper?
Also what is the best way to transfer my data to my new HD, and will i still be able to use my old HD?

A:How do you transfer data from old HD to new?

This should help
http://seagate.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXNpbnN0MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1.
Some sata drives have a jumper to set the transfer rates between 150mbps and 300mbps.
You will be able to use your old drive if you have room for it in the case, the Dell 4700 looks a bit tight for space

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-transfer-data-from-old-hd-to-new.773015/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey Guys,

I'm getting a new PC today.

I was wondering how I would go about transferring all my files from my old computer to the new one. Is it just a matter of hooking up the two pcs with a usb? Will my new computer recognize the new pc just like it would an external hardrive?

Any other new advice for the new PC would be more than appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Transfer data to new PC

Which OS? Which files do you want to transfer? Do you have a home network?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transfer-data-to-new-pc.151244/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all, my parents are looking at getting a new computer and would like to transfer some of the data (pictures, documents, etc.) from their old Gateway computer to their new desktop. I was wondering what different ways of doing this were available. We're talking about moving a total of about 1 gig of data from one computer to another, and I'm looking for the cheapest way to do so. Is there a USB cable I need to purchase? What's the easiest way to move files from one system to another without the presence of a router / network? Thx for your help!

:grinthumb

A:HELP with data transfer!

The easiest way is to take out the hard drive from the old computer and put it in the new one as a slave. The safest and the most foolproof way is to put it on the secondary channel in place of the CD-ROM. You can copy the files and then put the HD back in the o,d machine if you like.
This method costs you absolutely nothing besides the fact that you may void the warranty of the new computer (depends on the manufacturer's policy).

Another way is to use some sort of a cable. A myriad of options here ranging from a serial cable (horribly low transfer rate) to FireWire and Ethernet cables. The easiest (and cheapest) way is to use a crossover network cable (you'd need to have a network card in both computers tho). You can borrow a crossover cable for free from a friend or buy one for almost nothing.

You can also use external storage. If you have a CD burner then you can copy the things on 2 CDs. An external USB drive is an (expensive) option. Heck, you can even use a 128 MB flash stick and copy the data in 8 passes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-data-transfer.9925/
Relevancy 49.88%

Bought new Dell PC with XP Pro. Old PC has Windows '98. Tried to use Transfer Wizerd to get data from old to new PC; No go. Bought PC Relocator Ultra Control program; No go. The Relocator people provided Eathernet transfer cable; No go.

PC's fail to recognize each other; attemps to ping fail.

Any suggestions?
pv

Relevancy 49.88%

HI,
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO TRANSFER AROUND 60/70 GB OF DATA USING WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER FROM MY VISTA LAPTOP TO A PORTABLE DRIVE (WESTERN D PASSPORT),USING USB 2.0 CABLE.
USING THE WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER PROGRAM INCLUDED ON THE VISTA LAPTOP HOPE IT WORKS OK !.

ALSO WOULD YOU INSTALL THE SOFTWARE INCLUDED WITH THE WD HARDRIVE THE FIRST TIME I CONNECT IT BEFORE THE DATA TRANSFER,OR WILL IT MAKE NO DIFFERENCE.WOULD LIKE TO USE THE SOFTWARE LATER IF POSSIBLE.

THE IDEA BEHIND THIS IS TO TRANSFER TO A NEW WINDOWS 8 COMPUTER IN FUTURE USING USB 3.0.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE

MANY THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483664/data-transfer/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I want to transfer data from my official laptop to personal laptop. I have lan cable for this, but it is not working for this task. Reason is that my official laptop is on the company domain, I cant login into that without domain credentials, Please
let me know the way to transfer this data. Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/99cab6bd-61f5-4962-b833-42617ddba389/data-transfer?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys,

My problem is when I transfer files: transferring to the usb and files from usb to pc, the data will all turn out as corrupted. It just happened few days ago. I tried changing different types of usb flash drives and it all turned out the same. I have never experienced this ever in my life.
Im currently running XP SP3. I dont want to reformat the laptop since all the files needed are all intact already

A:Data transfer to USB??

hiya please read this it may be helpful
http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cf...s.org.uk/trouble-shooting-pen-drive-problems/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer-to-usb.912488/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys, Comes Feb I'll be getting a new HDD and a new DVD-RW as my drives are 5 years old. They're still working but nothing lasts forever right?

My HDD is partitioned to C: and D: for boot and storage. I'd like to do the same with the new HDD and transfer the data to it. How would I do it? What's really important is making my new HDD bootable and Windows transferred to it. I can work with D: later if need be.

I looked in the tutorials. Either I looked in the wrong place or it's not there.

Thanks fellas.

A:Transfer data from old HDD to new HDD

Make an image of C and the 100MB System partition (if any) and restore that to the new HDD.

Here is a tutorial for imaging (read it carefully before watching): Imaging with free Macrium

And here is a tutorial explaining the transfer of an Operating System. I wrote it for transferring to a SSD, but it is the same for a HDD (less the alignment problem): SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System

And regarding the 100MB System partition: If you have one, I recomment to transfer the bootmgr to C (before the move). Then you can forget about the 100MB partition - it is no more needed. Bootmgr - Move to C:\ with EasyBCD

And as you said, with the data on D you can deal later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/275109-transfer-data-old-hdd-new-hdd.html
Relevancy 49.88%

How can I transfer HD contents from one ibm clone to another directly, no tape drives ect.??? IE: serial or para. cable???

A:CPU to CPU data transfer

What you need is what is called a "null modem" cable. They can come in serial or parallel form. They are just a standard cable with some of the signals crossed. If you need to make one I can post the required pinouts for you.
To make it work though, you also need software. Windows has hyperlink which you may need to install from your original installation disk, but I've never used that so not sure. I use a program called "FastMove" which comes with Checkit from Touchstone Software. "Laplink" is another program that comes to mind, but don't know where you would obtain that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-to-cpu-data-transfer.33890/
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to move all my data from my MacBook to a laptop with Windows 8. I have everything backed up on an external HD; when I plug the HD into the laptop, it's not recognized. I've tried transferring via WiFi, but the MacBook is not allowing that to happen. Is there anything I can do with my backup HD so that it is recognized by my new Windows 8 laptop? Thanks.

A:Data Transfer from Mac

You could try MacDrive or some similar program. Also, you could create a network in order to transfer the data.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/17350-data-transfer-mac.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to transfer the data from an old hd onto my new hd I was using XP Pro with my old hd and am using XP Home currently with the new hd Will the difference in o s s create any problems Also I had a lot of o s data new old transfer from How onto hd hd and virus problems with the computer I was using the old hd on could those problems transfer onto the new hd I did a scan of the old hd with Avast just now with the old hd as the slave drive How transfer data from old hd onto new hd on my current computer and the new drive as master but when the scan completed the window and tab of the scan just disappeared I don t see the results of the scan anywhere Is that because there were no problems found and Avast only shows the results if problems are found What is the best way to copy my files and programs from the old hd to the new hd Just copy and paste Thanks for any replies

A:How transfer data from old hd onto new hd

The difference between XPPro and XPHome won't cause you problemsYou can only transfer data - not programs or the operating system. So, if there's a virus there, you may transfer it to your new system. The Avast Scanner (v4.8 Home Edition) has a little gray window that you start the scan from. That window will display the results of the scan. If it closes unexpectedly, then I'd suspect a virus in infecting you.The best way to do this (IMO) is to first ensure that the XPHome system is free of viruses. While scanning you can tell most scanners to scan the XPPro disk also. Once that's done, then you can just copy the stuff off the XPPro disk onto the XPHome disk using Windows Explorer.Try a couple of these free, online scanners to see if anything has slipped by your protection:(Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asphttp://housecall.trendmicro.comhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtmlhttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removal If you find that you're infected (or the scan doesn't complete or closes unexpectedly), post in the Am I Infected forum located here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/If you're not infected, post back here and we'll try some more stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174418/how-transfer-data-from-old-hd-onto-new-hd/
Relevancy 49.88%

How can I get data from my old computer to my new laptop? I can't get into the old computer because it says 'The dependency service or group failed to start'. Help!!

A:transfer data

You could buy an external USB enclosure and place your hard drive in there, then connect it to the laptop.
You'll have to match two things: the size and the interface.
Size means 3? inch for desktop drives, 2? for laptop drives.
The interface means SATA (aka Serial ATA) vs. ATA (aka Parallel ATA aka PATA aka IDE aka EIDE).
illustration of what (desktop) SATA vs ATA looks like: http://attachments.techguy.org/attac...4/ata-sata.gif
also be sure it connects via USB (as opposed to eSATA (external SATA))
Here are some examples from newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...nal-Enclosures

If the part about taking the hard drive out is the one you're wondering about, look at the illustrations on this page:
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading...hard-drive.htm
sometimes the screws are on the side and the drive is fastened to the computer case. sometimes screws hold the drive on mounting brackets, that slide the drive into the computer case like a tray.
and most important of all, always protect yourself from static (the biggest danger to electronics in general). touch the back of the computer case to discharge yourself prior to working. unplug the power cord from the wall. avoid wearing wool. avoid touching the bottom side of the drive with the printed circuits. also be very gentle with the drive. they're very sensitive to shocks (be careful not bumping it against the case, one of the more common pitfalls when putting it in or taking it out).

if you're wondering about how to open the computer case in the first place, usually it's with your computer's documentation (which could be online - if your pc is from a big name brand, going to the manufacturer's site and typing in the model should take you to downloads and/or manuals)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/transfer-data-437525.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a new Dell and an old Pionex and want to transfer data from the old to the new

Relevancy 49.88%

I want to be able to transfer the data from one scsi hdd to a fresh scsi hdd. I was told I could do this by using the usb port. How does that work?

Relevancy 49.88%

I bought a new larger hard drive and would like to know how to go about transfering the data off my 13.6 gb HD to the new one. I do not want to partition the new drive either. All the info on the 13.6 includes my operating system, games, etc. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 49.88%

BF just bought a new computer..trying to transfer infor from hd on old to hd on new...bought crossover cable but unusure where to go from here...any help would be appreciated.

thanks

It's easier and quicker to hook up old hd as slave to new master and transfer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.230504/
Relevancy 49.88%

Can anyone point me to the idots guide to sending data from one PC to another on a local network using the IP address of the receiving PC.

I currently have two PCs which pass relatively small ammounts of data using their serial ports. I want to replace this with a TCPIP link, but VB seems to make it very difficult....

I could could do it by converting the data to files and sending them over the network, but their must be a better way.

A:VB5 Data Transfer IP to IP

A section from the MSDN help on the Winsock control, this basically tells you everything you might want to know about how to do this:

TCP Connection Basics
When creating an application that uses the TCP protocol, you must first decide if your application will be a server or a client. Creating a server means that your application will "listen," on a designated port. When the client makes a connection request, the server can then accept the request and thereby complete the connection. Once the connection is complete, the client and server can freely communicate with each other.

The following steps create a rudimentary server:

To create a TCP server

Create a new Standard EXE project.
Change the name of the default form to frmServer.
Change the caption of the form to "TCP Server."
Draw a Winsock control on the form and change its name to tcpServer.
Add two TextBox controls to the form. Name the first txtSendData, and the second txtOutput.
Add the code below to the form.
Private Sub Form_Load()
' Set the LocalPort property to an integer.
' Then invoke the Listen method.
tcpServer.LocalPort = 1001
tcpServer.Listen
frmClient.Show ' Show the client form.
End Sub

Private Sub tcpServer_ConnectionRequest _
(ByVal requestID As Long)
' Check if the control's State is closed. If not,
' close the connection before accepting the new
' connection.
If tcpServer.State <> sckClosed Then _
tcpServer.Close
' Accept the request with the requestID
' parameter.
tcpServer.Accept requestID
End Sub

Private Sub txtSendData_Change()
' The TextBox control named txtSendData
' contains the data to be sent. Whenever the user
' types into the textbox, the string is sent
' using the SendData method.
tcpServer.SendData txtSendData.Text
End Sub

Private Sub tcpServer_DataArrival _
(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
' Declare a variable for the incoming data.
' Invoke the GetData method and set the Text
' property of a TextBox named txtOutput to
' the data.
Dim strData As String
tcpServer.GetData strData
txtOutput.Text = strData
End Sub

The procedures above create a simple server application. However, to complete the scenario, you must also create a client application.

To create a TCP client

Add a new form to the project, and name it frmClient.
Change the caption of the form to TCP Client.
Add a Winsock control to the form and name it tcpClient.
Add two TextBox controls to frmClient. Name the first txtSend, and the second txtOutput.
Draw a CommandButton control on the form and name it cmdConnect.
Change the caption of the CommandButton control to Connect.
Add the code below to the form.
Important Be sure to change the value of the RemoteHost property to the friendly name of your computer.

Private Sub Form_Load()
' The name of the Winsock control is tcpClient.
' Note: to specify a remote host, you can use
' either the IP address (ex: "121.111.1.1") or
' the computer's "friendly" name, as shown here.
tcpClient.RemoteHost = "RemoteComputerName"
tcpClient.RemotePort = 1001
End Sub

Private Sub cmdConnect_Click()
' Invoke the Connect method to initiate a
' connection.
tcpClient.Connect
End Sub

Private Sub txtSendData_Change()
tcpClient.SendData txtSend.Text
End Sub

Private Sub tcpClient_DataArrival _
(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
Dim strData As String
tcpClient.GetData strData
txtOutput.Text = strData
End Sub

The code above creates a simple client-server application. To try the two together, run the project, and click Connect. Then type text into the txtSendData TextBox on either form, and the same text will appear in the txtOutput TextBox on the other form.

Accepting More than One Connection Request
The basic server outlined above accepts only one connection request. However, it is possible to accept several connection requests using the same control by creat... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb5-data-transfer-ip-to-ip.73317/
Relevancy 49.88%

OK fixed my no boot problem well bought a new comp.Anyway was thinking of putting the old HDD in the new comp to get the info from it. Is there anything I need to do or will it be recognized? The new one has sata cables and my old HDD has IDE. The mobo has IDE slots.If I plug it in will it think its a add on external drive?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all ,
I some times have to move data when a hdd fails . How do you find emails and transfer to the new drive.
Thanks

Depends on what email client you are using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.1000998/
Relevancy 49.88%

I convinced a friend to switch to my ISP. After switching, his computer would dial and connect but have no data transfer - even though it had worked with his old ISP. They accused the usrobotics56k modem and he installed a new v92 with no results.
Device manager shows everything OK. We tried connecting using my account so as to make sure it wasn't some problem with the ISP with the same results. (the ISP confirms that he does showed connected to their server)
I have seen this problem with one of my computers in the past but can't remember what I did to correct it. Can someone enlighten me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-data-transfer.110317/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi there!
i bought a second HD for my pc,how can i make a data transfer from
my old HD to my new HD?when i install games on the new HD,can i play
from there or do i have to install somthing(win xp or anything else?)
can i make a complete copy of the first HD?how?
thanks for any help!
matrix

Relevancy 49.88%

hi, I have a ?

my buddy bought a new p4 Cicero / xp home os, and he wants to transfer sign-lab ( and all associated files, etc.) from his old hard drive, win 98.

can we temporarily install the old hard drive into the new p4 and burn sign-lab into a cd and transfer that way, if we do that, will all the files transfer completely? or will we get fragments left behind in the old hd.

2nd ?
how do you transfer from hd to hd and have a complete install without leaving fragments behind.

3rd ?

or is it better to use the old hd as a slave and work from there?

thanks, you guys are always helpful

There are programs that will copy HDs, i used one to actually get winxp to boot off my new hd. First there is norton ghost, whcih does cost money. Second there is a program for free from Western Digital called Data Lifeguard, you can copy drives, install drive, and even find out jumper settings. To get the full capacity use the boot version. Its free at westerndigital.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.250502/
Relevancy 49.88%

My brain isnt working today, I apologise!

Does anyone know how long it will take to transfer 200gb of data in hours/minutes, over a 1gb line to a fibre raid system?

Thank you

A:Data transfer

About 22 minutes or 1 hour 30 minutes or - http://www.martindalecenter.com/AATimeCalc.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-transfer.46472/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello again I have an ADK Pro Audio DAW in my project studio that I use for digital audio recording mixing mastering etc At the advice of ADK I went out amp got a dedicated office machine used only for the internet amp graphic apps I have been transferring data back amp forth which is sometimes necessary by burning CDs DVDs on one machine amp then moving the disc to the other But is there a way I can simply connect a USB cable between the two PCs amp transfer data directly If this can be done my only concern is that I utilize ONE Monitor an LG L WTG The analog video input VGA on the monitor is connected to the office PC a Compaq SR amp the digital video input DVI is connected to the audio PC Normally I turn off one PC before turning on the other amp then simply toggle the monitor s Source switch between analog amp digital can I toggle this 2 PCs via ??? USB...between Data Transfer switch while both PCs are Transfer Data via USB...between 2 PCs ??? up-and-running without blowing up the monitor thanks very much mark man nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
Have a new laptop with Vista home/basic. Old computer is Win 98, and hates USB connections. CD drive is iffy, hence new computer. I have read about doing data transfer from XP to Vista, but nothing for Win 98 to Vista. Any ideas? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.703471/
Relevancy 49.88%

I between with 98 and transfer XP help data Need am trying to Need help with data transfer between 98 and XP help a friend transfer picture document data from an old Windows SE system to their new Windows Vista system Since USB memory stick drivers weren t available stable for Win SE simply Need help with data transfer between 98 and XP grabbing the data directly from the system was not an option I decided to remove the FAT -formatted EIDE drive from the Win SE system and drop it into my personal computer running Windows XP in an attempt to move the data to one of my NTFS drives The drive size is roughly GB I m at work right now so I m not sitting in front of the equipment I changed jumpers on the Win SE disk to cable select booted the computer went to disk manager and the disk was recognized but no drive letter assigned After right-clicking on the WIn SE drive all of the options including drive letter assignment were grayed out and the only option was to convert to a dynamic disk I wanted to keep it a Basic disk but even an attempt to convert it to Dynamic failed I m not sure why this is happening as I seem to recall that I ve easily done similar things in the past i e taken someone s spyware-ridden drive out moved important data off to one of my drives then re-formatted it If I can t figure this out my next attempt will be to try putting the drive into a USB enclosure and interfacing with it that way Does anyone have any suggestions or explanations for why the Win SE drive FAT drive isn t being quot nice quot in Windows XP Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Need help with data transfer between 98 and XP

Best bet is to get external HDD case and put that HDD into that case. They're cheap and are mostly USB 2.0 based. Very easy to install just screw in the 4 screws, connect the ribbon cable and power into the drive. Plug in the USB to your XP and your XP will see it as another drive. Transfer away...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-data-transfer-between-98-and-xp.109492/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have 2 old Laptops and want to transfer data (a Dos Program) from one Laptop to the other (and don't have a floppy drive in the one that I'm taking Data From)..........what are my options?

Can it even be done?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.88%

I am using a Cidco mailstation (unlocked) as a sort of portable note-taking device. To retreive my notes I fax them to my computer with a homebuilt powered crossover, modem to modem. Then I have to convert them from .tif to .bmp using Windows. Then I need to adjust the resolution and size with Photo shop so my OCR can read them and pass them onto Word where I can correct all of the errors introduced by this convaluted process. What I would like to do is send the data from the Cidco to the computer as an email. Is this possible?
Thanks,
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-transfer.550282/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need to transfer Programs & data from a Gateway with Vista to a HP with Windows 7.
I have an Ethernet FastCAT 5e Cable. I also have thumb drives and an external usb storage drive WD passport with approx 70 GB
Need help to know the easy way to do this transfer. Thanks
SVLCarol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/data-transfer-465579.html
Relevancy 49.88%

is there a recommended way to transfer data and settings (bookmarks, outlook express etc...not programs) from win98 to winxp? I finally had to upgrade and I dread the task. I am doing it disc by disc but ugh...... The has to be a way to "hose" it in from one pppc to the other. thanks, Frank

A:transfer data

welcome

in xp there is a files and transfer wizard. you will have to buy a cable to hook between the 2 computers

start>>all programs>>accessories>>system tools

never used it but believe that is what it is for. know it should work between xp computers and assume you could use it for moving stuff off your old computer too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-data.466871/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am trying to transfer data from my PC to my laptop. I bought a USL-1012/1162 usb data link cable (male/male) I followed instructions that I found online. It came with a disk, no instructions, no readme.txt. NOTHING!! I have no idea what I am doing, yet it seems like it should be sooooo simple. Boths computers are running WINME. Please tell me what I am missing here. THanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-to-usb-data-transfer.451882/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi there!
can anybody tell me please how to make a data transfer from one hd to another.
i just bought a new hd and i want all my data from my old hd on the new hd.
can anybody tell me please how?
thanks for answer
matrix

Relevancy 49.88%

Just got myself a new Dell Inspiron laptop with XP Home and want to tranfer Data Transfer a lot of files and other stuff from my old Dell P Desktop running Win SE Thought about Data Transfer using a thumb drive but they are not compatible with Win SE so it says on the package plus my old system has USB so it would be pretty slow Data Transfer Bought a GB one anyway for other uses Handy little things What I ve pretty much settled on is a USB external enclosure so I can just remove the HDD s there are installed from the Desktop and just drag and drop what I want into the laptop Subsequently I would use that setup for storing backup images and photos and such after I reformat one of the old HDD s in NTFS Just thought I d put this out there for opinions and or alternatives for consideration before I invest in the hardware Any and all input is much appreciated BTW I notice on the Newegg and Tigerdirect web sites there are a ton of external enclosures available New stuff to me so any advice on selecting the hardware is also welcome Raybro nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I only have like 33 gb of memory left on my C Drive. I have a few things (a game, and some virus software) that I want to download. I have about 62 GB of memory available on my D Drive. I want to know how I get the new software I want to download to go onto the D drive, and If it is on the D drive will it still run and function properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, no probs everything will run fine. Lets say you want to install a game on d: When you insert the cd you will get a install box showing where it is to be installed by default (it may look like this) c:\Program Files\newgame or similar So when installing software you can change the install path manually just click in it and change the c: to d: and you can remove the program files path as well. So lets say you make a new folder on your d: drive and call it stuff and you want to put your new game in the stuff folder on d: it may look like this d:\stuff\newgame
Hope that helps a bit.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137418/data-transfer/
Relevancy 49.88%

So I bought my pc a year ago, so I'm new to this. I have just realized that my HDD holds 1.5TB and that I have been using my SSD for memory because I have already occupied its 223 GB. Is there any pros and cons to transfer from a SSD to an HDD either that bootup speed, like games? Is there a way to keep that amazing performance with my SSD although I'm using my memory space in my 1.5TB HDD? And most importantly, how can I transfer my SSD memory (games, files, etc) to my HDD without losing anything and making it functional? Should I keep my OS in SSD, why?

Relevancy 49.88%

I have 2 vista and 2 xp mechines on my network. When I transfer files between my 2 vista mechines I see transfer rates between 5 and 7 mgs, but when transfering from vista to xp I'm lucky if I see 1 mg. I mainly noticed it because I just set up a xp for file backup and its not running a firewall (not even windows firewall) and the data transfer is taking forever. Any ideas?

I have also checked and my drivers are up to date from dell. So that rules that out.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179770-data-transfer.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Do you have a switch or a router with a built in switch?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454002/data-transfer/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, i just wanted to know on what factors does the data transfer speed depend on.. and how can i increase it.

Thanks.

A:Data transfer...

Originally Posted by amigo max

Hello guys, i just wanted to know on what factors does the data transfer speed depend on.. and how can i increase it.

Thanks.

By data transfer. I assume you mean copy/move from one HD to another, correct?

factors include network adapter, cables, switches, routers cpu's, and memory

Could you be more specific about what you want to do?

ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247536-data-transfer.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Is it possible to transfer an .exp file from a diskette to my desktop outlook? It has a couple of thousand names, company names, phone, email, etc.

A:Transfer Data

What is an .exp file and what program did you use?

Huntress, start up your MS Outlook express. Click on the File Menu > Import > Address Book... A menu will pop up and you can select the drive or folder your .exp file is located.

Try it and see if it works.

<font color="blue" size="7" face="comic sans ms"><b><marquee direction="right">Piano Man</marquee></b></font>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-data.45721/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello friends,

Guys actually i want to transfer some data from my mobile (wifi enabled) to my laptop (wifi enabled) over wifi....

So can anyone please help me to teach me how to transfer data over wifi????

Thanks a lot....

A:Data transfer using wifi

Hi kunal....

You may use Apps for your phone to transfer files remotely. For Android phones please check this out.

Here's an App for IPhones.

You can't go wrong using Dropbox, it works for Windows O/Ses, Android, Ipad, IPhone, etc....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226168-data-transfer-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Dear guys,

One more question about Windows XP data transfer.

I have 2 Windows XP Home which need to transfer data from one to another.

I know there is a wizard in XP. That's something like "File and Profile Wizard" found in Program file->Accessories->System Tools. I would get know how to use this wizard and physically how to connect these two computers together. Connect with RJ-45 or serial ports???

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

A:Windows XP Data Transfer

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ovember12.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-data-transfer-100302.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a computer with two storage hard drives. One is a sata drive and the other is IDE drive. The IDE drive has a bunch of photos on it. The SATA drive is clear and formated. How can I transfer the contents of the IDE drive to the SATA drive? Never mind. I figured it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-transfer-data.1061116/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have this dell dimension 4600 that has a bad motherboard. I read an article that the dell dimension 4600 is the 10th worst computer of all time. Well, we have had alot of problems with this computer since we bought this 4yrs.ago. My question is : How do I transfer the data from the HD on the old computer to a new one. The HD is ok! We don't want to spend any more money on this 4600 series dell.

Relevancy 49.02%

I'm setting up a new computer (P4 Win XP) and transfering data from an old computer (P Win 98).

For most of my files I've used the null cable set up.

however with Outlook files and folders, I've elected to dump them onto a cd-rom and transfer them that way.

Creating the CD-rom was fine, but my new computer wont read it. Says it's blank.

What now?

TIA
Annette

Relevancy 49.02%

hey everyone, simple question.

i just ordered a new 250gb hdd, i want to completely transfer all the data and everything to it when i get it. by that i mean also windows xp, like i want it to be completly identical when i boot it up. can this be done with a simple copy paste of a highlighted C drive to watever the drive letter of the new drive is? do i need some software (hopefully free, safe, and downloadable)?

just incase this info is needed:

old hdd - 80gb maxtor ata
new hdd - 250gb seagate sata

thanks for all the help

A:completele transfer of data to new hdd

You can:

. Freeware cloning utilities:

http://www.******.com/disk-copy/index.htm
http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html
http://www.pcinspector.de/clone-maxx/uk/welcome.htm

What I would use:

The trialware of Acronis True Image:
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...cts/trueimage/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/completele-transfer-of-data-to-new-hdd-113317.html