Windows Support Forum

Solved: Can an entry level graphics card would do just fine?

Q: Solved: Can an entry level graphics card would do just fine?

I use a Compaq Presario AY655AA ACJ CQ3220IX with the following configuration:
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz
HDD Model: WDC WD3200AAJS-60M0A1
Drive Capacity: 305,245 MBytes (320 GB)
Total Memory Size: 3 GB DDR3
Video Chipset: Intel GMA 4500(M)(HD)
Video Card: Intel G41 Chipset - Integrated Graphics 0 [A3] [Hewlett-Packard]
CD Drive Model: hp DVD A DH16AAL
Monitor: 18.5 inch TFT Compaq W185q
Motherboard Model: FOXCONN ETON
Motherboard Chipset: Intel G41 (Eaglelake) + ICH7
USB Version Supported: v2.0
Audio Adapter: Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio [A1]

I want to play latest games like NFS The Run, Max payne 3 etc. I'm willing to play them with 1024 X 768 resolution and all the graphics set to medium level. My desktop can run games like Racedriver Grid and Tom Clancy Hawx just fine with these settings. Can an entry level graphics card fulfill my needs?
Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Can an entry level graphics card would do just fine?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.49%

my config,
c2d [email protected],
4gig ram,
450w psu,
1366*768 res monitor....

for my budget i can only afford these 1g cards..
1.hd 5450
2.geforce 210
3.hd 6450
3.geforce 520

of the above which can play the modern games at "ok" settings....

or any other at above cost..

A:better entry level graphics card..?

A little more cash can get you this....Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

3X the processor cores

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/205412-better-entry-level-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,

I'm building my own for PC for the first time, and I've been making some progress. I learned as much as I could about RAM, and putting together PCs.

So far, I've decided to get a ASUS P4P800SE Intel mobo, a P4 3.0E Prescott 800MHz processor, and Kingston 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) for the RAM.

First I need some opinions on these choices. I'm 95% sure they're all compatible. Crucial.com isn't showing otherwise.

Second, now I need to figure out what video card to get. I won't be using this PC for gaming, just web browsing/Photoshop/watching avi's... I need a cheap, entry level video card that's reliable.

Third, with this mobo/ram/proc, will I need special cooling, or will a regular case and fan do the job?

Thanks in advance

A:Entry Level Video Card

From what I can see, thats an AGP motherboard, so i'd recommend, if your not gaming, a ATI Radeon 9250SE will suite you fine. However, if you do feel like dabbling in gaming, it won't get you far, it's not powerful enough for modern games, old ones will be fine, But if you do decide to become a gamer, something more powerful will be needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/entry-level-video-card.28012/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,I'm building my own for PC for the first time, and I've been making some progress. I learned as much as I could about RAM, and putting together PCs.So far, I've decided to get a ASUS P4P800SE Intel mobo, a P4 3.0E Prescott 800MHz processor, and Kingston 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) for the RAM.First I need some opinions on these choices. I'm 95% sure they're all compatible. Crucial.com isn't showing otherwise.Second, now I need to figure out what video card to get. I won't be using this PC for gaming, just web browsing/Photoshop/watching avi's... I need a cheap, entry level video card that's reliable.Third, with this mobo/ram/proc, will I need special cooling, or will a regular case and fan do the job?Thanks in advance

A:Entry Level Video Card

You're good with compatability, personally, I think if you're doing graphics, i'd work with AMD, but to each his own. I understand that you're doing graphics, you may not want to slide with a low-end Vid Card. High end is right out... try mid range. What's your spending cap? As far as cooling, if you're not overclocking, and you're not a gaming freak, a nice Thermaltake cooling fan and maybe a case fan or two would work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23538/entry-level-video-card/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello, I have an old HP Compaq Elite 8000 SFF with 4gb RAM and Intel Core 2 processor. It has integrated gfx but I want to add a dedicated gfx card. The PSU is 240. What would be the best gfx card that would offer the best  gfx perfornmance on this pc please?

A:What is highest level graphics card for the HP Compaq Elite ...

#HPExpertDayYou can find the compatible parts here:http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/What-is-highest-level-graphics-card-for-the-HP-Compaq-Elite/td-p/5628161
Relevancy 70.95%

anyone no what the best mid level graphics card i could get for my dell xps 420.thanks

A:the best mid level graphics card for windows vista with duo core processor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-mid-level-graphics-card-for-windows-vista-with-duo-core-processor.733994/
Relevancy 67.94%

About an hour ago the computer was working fine. After going out, coming back and turning it on, it would not display anything on the monitor.

I opened the case up and looked at what happened. Everything is plugged in correctly. I have removed most of the dust inside. The graphics card fan spins once and then stops upon powering it up.

I believe it is an AMD (Radeon HD?) R7700.

After looking online I tried replugging the PCI-E into it and nothing changed. It worked fine an hour ago, can anyone help me out?

UPDATE: Turns out it appears to be overheating as the only decent explanation. It refused to work for a good 5 hours, but after leaving for 3 hours and coming back it worked fine.

A:Graphics card not working - worked fine before

Update - still not working but when i reseated the RAM and powered it on it made beeping sounds and the fan spun - still no picture. Reseated again and nothing happened. (Back to square one)

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/67425-graphics-card-not-working-worked-fine-before.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have been looking around at cheap cpu, and i saw 3 types

Athlon XP 2800+
Sempron 3000+
Celeron-D 335

what would you reccomend?

A:Which entry-level CPU should I get ?

if you're building a system from scratch and low on $, go with an Athlon 3200+ XP.

bear in mind it is NOT a 64bit chip, however the ATHLON 64s a much better and more expensive. Another thread is arguing the case for 64s. There is not a whole lot of software support for Athlon 64s let alone driver support for 64s.

An XP chip is 32bit and quite fast. Many of the XP series can be overclocked, particularly the 2500+, but I don't recommend it. The 3200+ is the last produced in the series and a 10th generation chip. AMD no longer makes the XP series, but they can be found easily online and also on ebay.

I am upgrading my system from a 2500+ to a 3200+ very shortly. I am willing to sell my 2500+ for a reasonable price. It works perfectly.

let me know if you're interested, I'm going to put it up for auction on ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-entry-level-cpu-should-i-get.32113/
Relevancy 65.36%

Does anyone know of a site that would give me FAQ's for an entry level help desk for Windows NT/2k. I completed the course several years ago but have not done much with it. I have forgotten a lot of information. Rather than go through all of my books and CD's, I just want to refresh on the basics, like resetting passwords, what to do when the printer isnt printing, etc. Thanks for anyones help.

A:Entry Level Question

Try www.measureup.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/entry-level-question.233096/
Relevancy 64.93%

I assume so, but it never hurts to make sure. The card I'm talking about is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 670. I currently use the GTX 460 SE, which recommends at least 450W of system power. I may end up going with the GTX 660, which requires the same amount of power as my 460 SE.

A:Will a Graphics Card requiring 500W of system power work fine with my 650W PSU?

Yes, more available power is never a bad thing and the system will only draw as much as it needs. Just make sure it's a quality brand unit otherwise if it's some cheap unit then the wattage numbers are pretty much irrelevant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-graphics-card-requiring-500w-of-system-power-work-fine-with-my-650w-psu.1080290/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey I'm a bit new to notebooks and I wonder if anyone can give me a few suggestions. I'm looking for an entry-level notebook under 700$ with around the following speficications:

CPU: AMD Sempron/ Athlon 64 (From 3500 - 4200, no higher - It's probably too expensive)
RAM: 1+ Gb, with room for possible expansion (4 Gigs Max)
HD: 60-120 Gb
Video: Integrated ATI Radeon X1100, or, if an actual card is present, nVidia GeForce M 8400+ (or) ATI Radeon Mobility X1550+
Sound: Integrated (Not very important to me)
Drives: DVD±RW x16+
56k Fax/ Modem
OS: Present, with formatted hard drive (Vista Basic or Home Premium would be nice)
Power Supply: 250W+ (Most desktop vid cards need 250W+, but im not sure about notebooks)
Display: 14"+ Screen

Thanks to all who reply it would be a great help!

A:Entry Level Notebook Suggestions

Have you tried to find some info on the www.newegg.com or www.tigerdirect.com ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/entry-level-notebook-suggestions.90977/
Relevancy 64.93%

Does anyone know what questions are typically asked at help desk interviews and, if the position is entry level, how deep are they expecting answers to be? I have an interview in a couple days and I would like to know how to prepare for it.

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys and gals I m back after a while with a new project With Black Friday coming up in a little more than a month I m looking to help a friend of mine build an entry level gaming desktop He wants a computer to comfortably be able to play games especially Total War strategy games like Napoleon or Rome His budget is around CAD Located in Manitoba build Entry-level gaming Canada with no current build Mainly looking to buy off of NCIX com and newegg ca Also needs periphirals including monitor speakers mouse mouse pad and keyboard Has not bought any components yet He already has a copy of Windows With our current pick of the CPU we think Entry-level gaming build to opt out of an after market cooler for budget reasons silence is not really a priority ASRock B M-DGS LGA Intel B SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - Ivy Bridge GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Entry-level gaming build Processor Entry-level gaming build G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNQ XFX FX- A-ZNP Radeon HD Core Edition GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card Western Digital WD Blue WD AAKX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS VE Series VE T Black quot LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor w Speakers Logitech Wireless Combo MK - Black USB RF Wireless Standard Keyboard and Mouse SUBTOTAL with taxes and shipping Now let me expand on some of the choices we made as you might notice our build is strongly built around the guides found here on techspot Motherboard Seems like a decent choice I have an ASRock myself so why not CPU It s the one suggested by techspot However with some of the package deals found at NCIX com I d strongly opt for something like this for NCIX Gaming Bundle Deal Intel Core i CPU amp MSI Z A-G DDR CrossFire Motherboard RAM Just your standard RAM I guess Does he need GB GPU This is where I feel the largest wiggle room and I m hopping that I will be able to snatch a hot deal on Black Friday like a or maybe even a Hoping being able to buy everything else at a discount will allow the wiggle room here Currently we have a quot screen but might as well go for a p screen if we are able to snatch a deal Storage Shooting for and already seen TB drives on NCIX com for that price so it s a place holder really PSU W with the build listed above seems appropriate With changing CPU and GPU this will obviously adjusted Case Just want something clean and that gets the job done no special affiliation Monitor With a this monitor seems good to game at x Again the monitor is such a wiggle object where I will need to make decisions once the deals actually roll out Peripherals Logitech leads the way So if you really read through all of this THANK YOU I realize this build is really quot wiggly quot but as that build stands currently let me know what you think or where you see issues Sincerely baN nbsp

A:Entry-level gaming build

The i5 3450 goes for $210 by itself so I'd say that's a great bundle deal for $250, it's only $50 more than the i3 + mobo you picked. RTS games are usually quite heavy on the CPU so a proper quad core would definitely help.

Considering the price of RAM nowadays you should really go for 8GB, it's only $10 more than 4GB. Also a 2x2GB kit would be a pain to upgrade, with 2x4GB you can just pop in another 2x4GB for 16GB of RAM if your friend ever needs it.

If you can get a 7850 or 660 for cheap then those will pretty much play all games at max or high settings, a 7750 is a bit weak.

The HAF cases are great for airflow but a bit loud. You might want to consider a quieter case since the build won't generate that much heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/entry-level-gaming-build.186150/
Relevancy 64.93%

Am searching for an entry-level computer for an elderly relative to replace a PC which has died and is old as one of their elementary school age grandchildren. Relative has basic computer literacy, and needs nothing sophisticated. Any specific new PC models anyone would recommend that fits all of these needs?
1) primary uses - email and moderate Internet browsing.
2) desktop, not laptop.
3) 128MB RAM (ok if more if not add to cost), 80GB disk space or less.
4) price is major consideration - person on fixed income, so ideally under $500.
5) the majority of the PC makers technical support staff is NOT outsourced to a foreign country where representatives are difficult to understand and communicate with. For this reason, not considering Dell products.

Relevancy 64.07%

I was looking to by an entry level server for webhosting and the only place I can seem to find really cheap ones is the dell website. Anyone know of any other sites?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cheap-place-to-buy-entry-level-servers.373342/
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm looking into doing some video editing, but have no experience. I'm looking for something a little more robust than XP's movie maker, but something not quite of the professional quality. Any suggestions?

A:Can someone suggest good entry level video editing software?

do not if these are entry level or not. but ABOUT.COM never did me wrong.

Top 9 Inexpensive Video Editing Software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-suggest-good-entry-level-video-editing-software.360630/
Relevancy 62.78%

Recently I noticed a game that I had been playing had started to stutter and slowdown more than usual the performance issues ID 37 (Warning Event entry) Level Kernel-Processor-Power were to be expected as the games engine is notorious for being poorly optimized however these occurrences were fairly rare in comparison to the issues i'm experiencing now It seems for the last two days the performance of said game had been dismal where i'd get a mostly consistent frame-rate before I now only Kernel-Processor-Power Event ID 37 (Warning Level entry) have a stutter riddled mess Looking through the Event Log I noticed a entry shown as Kernel-Processor-Power Event ID the text below it shows this 'The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report' the entry had been generated at ' pm' of today which I found odd as I believe that's when I started my game This had not been the only instance it seems there were some entries from a few weeks back that show the same thing however they were few and far in between It seem I have entries all from today am pm pm all warnings Is there anyway to fix this If so please respond Thank You in Advance -Arcturus Fyr P S I posted this on the wrong topic section yesterday so this info is 'dated' in that regard

A:Kernel-Processor-Power Event ID 37 (Warning Level entry)

Before I forget, I'll add this event log to further specify my problem to anyone who can understand it.

-
System

-
Provider

[ Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power

[ Guid]
{0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x8000000000000000

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2014-05-28T05:44:50.446007600Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
System

Computer
Asus

-
Security

[ UserID]
S-1-5-18

-
EventData

Group

Number

CapDurationInSeconds

PpcChanges

TpcChanges

PccChanges

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/47101-kernel-processor-power-event-id-37-warning-level-entry.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Have major Page NOT & Firefox FINE display fine, Chrome graphics IE graphics display issues with Firefox amp IE Chrome is the only browser I can view web pages amp buttons icons stationary etc perfectly All browsers have been updated I can hardly use Firefox or IE I prefer firefox but the buttons email stationary Chrome Page display graphics fine, Firefox & IE NOT FINE icon links amp other web page graphics are invisible My email stationary tools are invisible When I mouse over the graphic links icons I see the ALT tags amp the links do work even though invisible For example the font color chart shows no colors only black outlined boxes like a grid with no colors to select Can't see any the Emoticons Bold no tools what so ever The graphics are lacking Very bare bones A picture can explain it best The Chrome browser is the only browser I can use without any issues I took out my Nvidea graphics card a year ago when it went bad amp am using my inbuilt SiS graphics I've tried everything with no success I'm wanting to check my webpage amp landing pages in different browsers but I can't until I can resolve this Appreciate any help in this matter Windows xp sp SiS accelerated graphic port silicon integrated system providor SiS Version i SiS Display adapters FX GX M FX M MX M M M GX Thank You

A:Chrome Page display graphics fine, Firefox & IE NOT FINE

A picture can explain it best.Can you please post said picture?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313081/chrome-page-display-graphics-fine-firefox-ie-not-fine/
Relevancy 59.34%

Nevermind.

I fixed it simply by going to properties on the graphics card in Device Manager and updating the driver.. Looks like that damn PS3 controller driver really screwed with my computer, as it seems the graphics card couldn't even run Aero, cause now everything is see-through, before everything was solid colour.. Weird.

Thanks though!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-movie-maker-cannot-start-due-to-video-card-not-supporting-level-of-ha.784279/
Relevancy 58.05%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 938406 MB, Free - 848180 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, EG43M
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disable
I play FarmVille and was at Level 39. I started it today and am now at Level 1 and can't get my game back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-game-went-from-level-39-to-level-1-cant-get-back.1055689/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I am Techsavy from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for Dedicated Between Card Onboard Graphics Graphics a Difference Solved: an onboard graphics card and a dedicated graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go for a dedicated graphics card for a new laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this dedicated graphic card is MB or MB and Onboard graphic card on the other hand provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card Laptop which I am looking for Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Techsavy nbsp

A:Solved: Difference Between Onboard Graphics a Dedicated Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-between-onboard-graphics-a-dedicated-graphics-card.759339/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Friends,

Lately I have been having graphics problems in games. There are these " artifacts", wierd shapes, triangles, ect that appear and "shot" through my screen. it is hard to explain what it looks like, except that it is NOT normal.

It is hard to say when these appeared. I have recently got a different monitor. It is not new. It is a Dell CRT monitor. I replaced 1 CRT with another because I am cheap .

I have the latest drivers, I think, for my graphics card ( GeForce 5700 LE ). Not great , but not terrible. I play the games with either low or medium settings. I ran a benchmark test that was terrible.

Any ideas as to weather it is the card or monitor?

Relevancy 56.33%

Heya So I got Muted colors gfx fine. looks using Solved: when PCIe card, onboard a couple scrap PCs through work and I figured I d dissect them and build a decent PC to give to someone but there s a weird issue with the video If I use the mobo s internal display adapter everything looks fine But I hate onboard video so I put a geforce Solved: Muted colors when using PCIe gfx card, onboard looks fine. video card into the pci-e port disabled the onboard and started it back up The video works but the colors are all washed out muted It s kind of hard to explain almost like the monitor isn t all the way on but like I said when I use the onboard it looks fine Updated the drivers and even tried a different video card and the problem persists Could the PCI-e port be bad Gonna try updating the BIOS other than that I don t really know what the problem could be As always thanks the pc specs for this little project msi k n pgm -v mobo amd AM processor can t remember off the top of my head gb ram tried xfx gt and pny gs gfx cards Extreme w psu nbsp

A:Solved: Muted colors when using PCIe gfx card, onboard looks fine.

The problem was in my cable. The pins must just be hitting differently in the onboard connectors in such a way that it makes a better connection (Or maybe the fact that it's mounted vertically instead of horizontally, idk). Wiggling the cable quite a bit produced the same results on both vga options. Thanks anyway! =0]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-muted-colors-when-using-pcie-gfx-card-onboard-looks-fine.1145864/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm putting together a new system and trying to decide if I should go all out for a core i7... everyone seems to be raving about them, but how much of a difference is it really between that and a much, much less expensive AMD with similar specs?
People say that the i7 is great for processor intensive stuff like graphic and video editing, which is something I'll definitely be doing (moreso graphics, but some video as well), and that's what I'm leaning toward. But I am looking to shave some money off of my build and I wonder how much of a difference it will really make...
I'm not interested in overclocking and I intend for this machine to last me a good number of years.
~$300 is about my maximum.

Relevancy 55.9%

My Nvidia graphics card has a small cooling fan that is not always working right and I want to uninstall that card and use the
onboard graphics that was installed when i first got the desktop. Will the onboard graphics take the place of the uninstalled card or will I have to reinstall the graphic desktop before I unstalled the bad graphics card.

Relevancy 55.47%

Recently I noticed that my resolution was maxed at and i couldnt go any higher than disabled cant blank screen graphics now and Solved: accidently card, card re-enable that and in all of my frustration and attempts to figure out why this was occuring i managed to disable my graphics card and now upon startup everything seems fine while the windows XP logo loading page is up then when the blue screen should Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card appear and the desktop all i get is a blank screen It seems like the comp is startin properly just that i have no graphics Ive tried to go into safe mode but while it begins to Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card load it then stops at agp sys which i then disabled in the recovery console but then it just stops at the Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card previous process and so on Does anyone know how I can re-enable my graphics card or fix this problem about not being able to get into safe mode I cant find anywhere in BIOS where I can re-enable it I ve also taken out the mobo batt and reset CMOS settings but still no go Any help would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidently-disabled-graphics-card-now-blank-screen-and-cant-re-enable-card.598471/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello there nbsp My Thinkpad T product G G nbsp is suffering display corruption on power-on it looks like the display is scanning from the wrong point in video memory with the BIOS in-Windows desktop about px too low down the screen and the taskbar disappearing off the bottom nbsp Also the bit-depth is reduced nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp With any apps or windows open there is varying amounts graphics BIOS-level corruption T430 of flickering from subtle to outright scrambling especially with windows positioned top-left nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The VGA output is perfectly fine however nbsp nbsp Lenovo Solution Centre reports no hardware problems nbsp I have tried replacing the LCD cable but this hasn't solved it The BIOS is also updated to the latest version Is it likely to be anything other than a problem with the motherboard nbsp The T430 BIOS-level graphics corruption problem T430 BIOS-level graphics corruption did start after running the laptop quite hot with sustained graphics processing nbsp Many Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T430-BIOS-level-graphics-corruption/td-p/3387295
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have recently run into a problem, where my PC goes into standby, with the sound getting all messed up while playing games that require even just a little bit of GPU, just before turning off and giving me a BSOD message.

I have also discovered that my GPU's (Gefore GTX 550 Ti) fan doesn't seem to rev up by itself, so I had to download MSI Afterburner to regulate fan speeds manually.

I've had this PC since Autumn, so it's a real shame that it's already having problems.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1061

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800B4ED4E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FC74E2C
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD while playing games with medium-level graphics

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont start a new thread. Attach the data in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325272-bsod-while-playing-games-medium-level-graphics.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. I have recently aquired a very old computer (8-9 years old). I am looking at replacing the old agp graphics card because it is not working properly and then sell the computer for quite a low price. Any way.

I have looked in the case and took the card out and I belive that the graphics card slot is agp 2x. The card has two slots in it leading me to belive that it is a universal 1.5v 3.3v card. I am just wondering what cards my computer would accept and whether a 4x card would work ok in a 2x card slot.

Any help apreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 51.6%

Through My Digital Camera I Pressed Low Level Format How Do I Recover Those Pics

A:Low Level Format On Memory Card

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to the appropriate forum.

There is a programme available from HERE that might help you to recover you pics.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-level-format-on-memory-card.55443/
Relevancy 51.17%

Ola

What is the best Graphics Card you can buy for about $100 give or take?

So far I am looking at the following 2 cards:
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Which one is the better buy, or do you got a better suggestion for that price range?
Thx in advance

Relevancy 51.17%

hello! i recently bought a pc Compaq Presario SR5109UK GM274AA-ABU. its specs are in the link below.
http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docid=0900a5a5828de7a5&cc=ie&lc=en
The problem is i want to buy a graphics card for mi pc. Some of my frens said there are graphics card available for it and others said that it doesnt have any graphic card slot. So, i am really confused about if my pc can fit a graphics card? any Reccomendation pLS? thnks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys.

My graphics card fan has been making noise for quite some time, usually it was just at start up, but for the last day or so its been 'grinding' constantly. I know its the fan because a quick touch of the fan and it stops. I've normally just cleaned the fan out but i think its time to buy a new card.

I've got a Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE at the moment, but havent brought a card in a good few years so have no idea where to start on getting a new one.

I dont want a top of the range card, just one that does the basics. My PC is around 3-4 years old, spec below.

PC
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
2.21 Ghz
2gb RAM

Thanks.
The sound is getting really annoying now!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I got a beautiful Dell 24" monitor and i got into the betas of 3 of my favourite franshises latest games, Starcraft 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Command and Conquer 4, and my Radeon x1600 pro can't run any of those

I need a new graphics card without having to upgrade the whole system, So what is the best AGP 8x card out there, that would run those games on ultra settings 1080p ? wishfull thinking? high settings 720p would be great.

Thank you

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi
I wrote a post like this an hour or so ago but it seems to have gone somewhere where I cannot find it.
Anyway, I have found an old card which I believe to be a graphics card. On it it says 1998 Diamond Multimedia ACN 079 584 231 rev B elsewhere it says V1 94E 4820. It looks as if it would fit a PCI slot. It has two connectionsexternally, one for a monitor cable and one which I think is s-video marked A/V.
For some time I have been thinking of connecting a computer to my television set. Is it likely that this card would do the job, will it fit my motherboard, a Foxconn G33M, and is it likely that I can get drivers for such an old device?
regards
phil

A:Solved: Graphics card ??

philtivvy said:

I wrote a post like this an hour or so ago but it seems to have gone somewhere where I cannot find it.Click to expand...

It's right here:
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/876078-graphics-card.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card.876094/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am looking into getting a new graphics card on account of the fact that my last one super heated and fried... Stupid fan failure >.>

Anyway, I used to run a NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

The rest of my specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium (32 Bit)

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00Ghz

3 Gigs of RAM

I apparently have a 300 max wattage for my PSU. I was looking into getting a MSI R4670. Will I be able to run it? Also, let me know if you need any more information.

A:Solved: Getting a new graphics card

The msir4670 looks like a decent card. If you choose this or any other card i would increase your power supply wattage .There was 1 article i read that the driver wouldnt load on vistax64, how true that is i cant answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-a-new-graphics-card.854319/
Relevancy 51.17%

I need tech help,please..my ATI Radeon HD3200 is dying in my PC,and I need a replacement that will work .I know my power is 300 watts. Can you recommend a replacement?..the PC is a Gateway DX-4200-09,64 bit,AMD Phenom X4 9100e quad-core(whatever all that means). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

A:Solved: Graphics card help,please

If you're just going to be doing basic things like watching a movie or browsing the web, get a cheap low-performance card like THIS. Just go on any online website and order from low-high and get a cheap one that'll do the job. Read the reviews, if they're decent, go buy it. Check the specifications to make sure it doesn't need a strong power supply. Most of them will not draw much power, and anyways, you can't buy a very good graphics card with a 300W PSU, the power supply can't support a very strong graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card-help-please.1126125/
Relevancy 51.17%

hey guys,

I have a Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro graphics card, and i recently bought Mercenaries 2 which does not run very good on my current card, so i'm looking for a cheap (around £90) but good upgrade that would run such games on high settings hopefully, so which graphics card would you recommend?

The motherboard is Asrock 4Coredual-Sata2 R2.0, i'm not sure if i need to change that too.

thanks for helping...

Relevancy 51.17%

I m looking to get a new graphics card for my PC Currently what I have now is starting to lag and fail I m not into playing PC games much as I have a PS but I help Graphics Card Solved: am still looking for a nice affordable yet powerful card I currently do a lot of D animation and Games Design work for Uni so it has to be something good to cope with rendering and general modeling etc I had bought a HD IceQ card months back but because the Ice cooler took up PCI slots I couldn t Solved: Graphics Card help fit it this made me sad as I had bought a PSU to go with it I have a Dell Dimension E which only allows space for PCI-E thanks to Dell shrinking the size of the motherboard and sticking a fat heatsink in the way This is pretty much how it looks http www dell com us en dfh desktops dimen e pd aspx refid dimen e amp cs amp s dfh The PSU I have I think is a Dell Silencer W its packed away somewhere back home My PC Specs are Dell Dimension E AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor Ghz Gb RAM Nvidia GeForce LE Also with card ideas ranging - if anyone gives me tips on how to pick and compare cards that would be great I never know what to look for in graphics cards Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm planning on buying a Inspiron 620 with these:

Processor: Intel Pentium G630 Processor (2.70GHz,3MB L2,1066MHz)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Inspiron 620 Minitower
1 TB SATA II Hard Drive (7200RPM)
4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (2 DIMMs)
16X DVD +/- RW Drive

specs. However, I don't know much about Graphics cards.... Is there one there, or is it all locked into the computer?

Relevancy 51.17%

i have just bought a graphics card as my pc has integrated graphics wot i need to know is do i have to and how do i uninstall the graphics chip or can i just plug the new card
any help is greatley appreciated

A:Solved: graphics card

will this help intergrated graphics are intel media accelarator 900 series(on board chip)the card i am going to fit is a radoeon can i just plug it in

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card.387638/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I recently bought a graphics card off ebay Radeon and I have noticed straight away that there is a problem I was playing a fairly graphically intense game to test out the cards performance and it seemed to struggle with high settings game was starwars ulneashed It may however be the fact that I don t have allot of RAM at the moment so I figured I might need more ram to run Solved: Graphics Card Hot VERY games at high detail I lowered the resolution and it seemed to run allot better THEN Solved: Graphics Card VERY Hot after about minute of playing on lower res x or something the computer automatically shut the power off After Solved: Graphics Card VERY Hot this experience I put my hand close to the card and could feel it was VERY hot I restarted the computer downloaded a temp monitor and saw the gpu temp was idling between - I also downloaded a benchmark program ran it and the temp jumped up to between - once it hit I stopped the benchmark and the temp dropped back to an idle of around It has been idling for a while now and its still at - The fan speed is idling at around but when the load is high the fan speed jumps to so the fan seems to be working So why the hell would my gpu be running so hot EDIT I thought it might be worth pointing out that I am testing this with the side door on the computer wide open so no ventilation should not be a problem nbsp

A:Solved: Graphics Card VERY Hot

Yes, thats way too hot for an idle temp especially if you have the side of the case off.

As the GPU is from Ebay its a little hard to determine its history, it may have been overclocked in the past, it may have had an aftermarket cooler on it before and the seller just stuck the stock one back on to sell it (not a good idea unless its is replaced properly).

Personally, I would probably start by totally removing the GPU HSF, cleaning it up properly and putting it back together with new thermal compound and see if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card-very-hot.1096171/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I am currently trying to find out what is the best upgrade for my pc's graphics card. I need something to be able to play online games such as Warhammer online. I am pretty much basic when it comes to my knowledge of these things so please if you could help and bear with me.
Thank you.

Hopefully this is enough info for you to help.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: KQ318AA-ABU SR5414UK
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3060MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60H

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey fellas,

I was thinkign about adding a second graphics card to my pc - I have already a GeForce 9500 gt.
What specs make a good card? What should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.17%

i am a battlefield 2 player and recently all my games are freezing, playing a repeating sound and then going back to normal only to happen again in another 30 seconds im hoping that if i dedicate more RAM to my graphics card it may help the situation i know you have to do it in bios but do not want to root my computer by pressing the wrong things

I'm not sure if you can dedicate more ram on a card that isn't on board so correct me if im wrong but here goes..

im running a shocking Ge Force FX 5200 and i have a whopping 512mb ram all on xp home edition (you dont need to remind me of how bad it is)

Can someone please help me out? thanks alot!

A:Solved: How To Put More Ram Into Your Graphics Card

My FX5200 crapped out on me when it did that.

you cannot dedicate memory to video unless it's integrated. But doing so will compromise your system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-put-more-ram-into-your-graphics-card.727690/
Relevancy 51.17%

hey guys,
all i would like is some advice on what type of graphics card to upgrade to. According to my computer's documentation, i have 3 PCI and 1 8X AGP slots and at the moment have a shithouse 64mb Intel onboard graphics. So all i would like to know is which is better..PCI or AGP or is there no difference? Cheers

Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering if this New GeForce GTX650 1GB 128Bit GDDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-E Video Graphics Card
would work for my PC?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8137 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 268530 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, B75M-DGS

Relevancy 51.17%

ok i am on a 2004 computer and im thinking about upgrading it instead of buying new one. what graphics card is recommend for me to play Americas army 2.8.5 with some good FPS i don't really care about playing Americas army 3.0 these are my specs http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum…cname=c00260857

right now im playing with 8-10 fps and am going to buy 1 gb of ram

A:Solved: graphics card

No point upgrading that box one bit. You will pay 50$ for a very underpowered card by today's standard, then another 50 $ to get a power supply that can power the card, 40$ for the RAM and in the end, your FPS will still be low.

If you still want to do it... Here's a few options:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102073 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820141434 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023 These will propably make AA playable.

If you think you have enough space for this card, then it might be a better choice:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102730 + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 3850 should play AA3 well, too. Your CPU is still a huge bottleneck though, so I wouldn't swear on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card.839000/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have a nvidia geforce le on my rig right now and Getting card Solved: new graphics I want to be able to play company of heroes on high-max settings My specs click comp icon right now will run it at minimum settings but not at the reccomended settings I m fine for everything except the card what would be a good replacement in Solved: Getting new graphics card the - range for me I was thinking geforce or GT something around there My PSU settings power supply Bestec Model ATX- - Z REV D R INPUT - V A - V A HZ OUTPUT V A - V Solved: Getting new graphics card A W MAX V A VSB A peak A V A V Solved: Getting new graphics card amp V W MAX V amp V W MAX Will I be able to run the gt with that psu Also is the GDDR the memory type that will work with my pc Someone said I should get this http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E spec Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys this is my first post Woo glad to join you party people Where to start I have a few problems I just bought a new second hand gaming computer from someone off e-bay and have had a few problems with it at the Graphics Solved: Card? moment At first the internet would not work but I have paid a guy to sort it all out and it works fine now But there are now new problems- My computer wont recognize my graphics card I wanted to see what model graphics card I have and i followed the quot Run quot sequence and it seems to be that my computer does not Solved: Graphics Card? know which one I have or how much memory it has or anything My keyboard is playing up for example my character is my number key and my quot character is my Solved: Graphics Card? key which is strange and a few others like the pound sign etc So i am not sure whats going on there I think maybe my resolution of my screen is wrong or something maybe not set up to size due to my desktop Solved: Graphics Card? icons being cut off on the left hand edge I cant read the whole thing so its like quot Y Computer quot etc Okay I know that maybe a lot to take in and i am sure you have noticed i am a complete beginner here so bare with me and you may have to baby talk me through everything Thanks for all the up-coming help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

My 7900GTX is breaking, I need a new one.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-096-PC&utm_source=froogle

Look ok? Was a bit surprised by the price

Relevancy 51.17%

I dont know if this has been posted or not, I was just wondering how to find out what kind of graphics card I have. A website that I was on needed to know, and I have no idea how to find out. Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi im looking to upgrade my current graphics as it struggles to run metro 2033 on minimum settings.
Packard Bell ixtreme M5722
2.50 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q8300
6144 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

if someone could recommend a card that will fit my system and needs no messing about to get fitted id be greatful! ive been looking for hours but im just getting more and more confused with things like "Two 6-pin PCI Express® supplementary power connectors -or- One 6-pin PCI Express® and two 4-pin peripheral supplementary power connectors ". ive opened my pc noticed theres only one graphics slot so means no sli which was what i was looking into lol. Im really stuck i dont want to end up spending £150 on something i cant use. btw my budget will be around £150. please help me find something.

Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to find out what is to hot for a grapics card? or a website to further information.

I am currently running a
ASUS EN8400GS Silent
512 MB DDR2 no fan just a heatsink

Windows Vista 32 bit.

according to ASUS smart doctor it idles around 50 degrees celsius.

I want to know when i should start worrying? I am going to be playing Dawn of War II but don't wanna fry the thing. It jumped up to 63 degrees celsius after 5 minutes of gameplay.

Relevancy 51.17%

okay, i'm tired of this everywhere i go it's just individuals telling their computer type and people telling them what they can get or what they can't get. really, i can't find any real info on what computers can get. where did you guys figure that out. is there a site like crucial.com that tells about stuff like that it would be really usefull. i can never find anything in the search because all i get are threads like this. gateway doesn;t have anything other than accessories so i can;t find anything there either. i have a gateway computer but thats all i'll give away for now

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Sorry if this is in the Graphics Solved: PCI Card? wrong place I m new to these forums Apoligies if I am using the wrong words I m still learning Anyway My older brother wanted a PC for his university work so basically Solved: PCI Graphics Card? just Solved: PCI Graphics Card? to run the Microsoft Office Suite I said to him instead of forking out a load of money ill look up in the attic for one I found a PC its a custom build what my dad built like ages ago It will run XP and the Office Suite fine My brother now wants to play all his old games Desert Storm II which aren t very demanding Min Req mb RAM Ghz or faster But its so old it doesn t have a AGP slot for a graphics card But it has white PCI slots which I cant find a graphics card that will fit in and a small black slot which I haven t a clue what it is Are there any decent graphics cards not bothered if second hand that will fit in this PC Thanks in Advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all So here s my current rig AMD Phenom II X Ghz quadcore ATI GB mhz RAM TB HDD Corsair watt PSU Basically with the new DX engines coming out and the series ATI cards being notorious for having bad DX performance I m looking to get some new cards My understanding is that the series has much better performance when dealing with a lot of New Card Graphics Solved: tessellation and DX in general right So I Solved: New Graphics Card m looking at Crossfire s or Crossfire s The pricing of the a and a are very similar http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re ati - - - - - -Product http www newegg com Product Produ amp cm re ati - - - - - -Product There is a difference but the specs seem to be significantly different the seems to have much better specs Is Solved: New Graphics Card there any plus to getting the as opposed to the Or is it just plain and simple that the is just better Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Just installed a GT 610 graphics card from MSI on Win7 and all went okay, then booted to second hard drive with XP Pro to install the drivers, XP booted okay to desktop but all I have is black screen so can't install drivers. Can't find info on whether this card works with XP, any help appreciated..
Solved:
Problem solved itself, after 6 reboots interface began working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-and-msi-gt-610-graphics-card.1107839/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there i just updated my system recently buying a new m board processor Ram and graphics card currently my system is System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name USER- D C F Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - could card It graphics be my Solved: Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer GBT System Model NVDAACPI BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Solved: It could be my graphics card Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT i have updated the latest driver for the card from nvidia com anyway i am having very specific problems with playing games at the minute in particular two half life and baldurs gate firstly half life two takes and eternity to load often crashes but when it does load smoothly there frquently blips in the graphics and sound secondly i just loaded baldurs gate there it loads normally enough however during gameplay there are black squares which will often represent objects which shuoldnt happen and the fog of war also becomes black squares i have went into the options and clicked the quot STANDARD SOFTWARE BLT quot this does clear up the problem of graphical blips but then the game becomes very choppy and the sound lags i have also d l the latest baldurs patch quot bgintl quot this does not fix any problems can anybody please help i used to run a pentium with a Geforce MX and everything worked great even half life so why the probs now with a better system all help greatly appreciated cheers hooch nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I need to get a new graphics card. After reading a few reviews, I think I've settled on the ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB. My only concern is most of the reviews came at the end of 2007 and I don't want to buy something that will be out of date in another month or so, but it seems right for the price at $215.

I mainly play COH/ COV and want to try Crysis.

Any thoughts if this is a good card to get?

Also, one review stated I need a P/S with 6 pin ESI adaptor. Can someone shed light on what this is for me? And perhaps I already have it?

Thanks much - I'm going to repost this on Hardware forum, too.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, My motherboard and pc is 3 ish yrs old. It's not top spec but I do a lot of photo editing and would like to do some video conversion.

As I could buy a 128 or 256 card for £40/£50 I thought this might help. The motherboard has free PCI slots and a free AGP slot although the AGP support is only 4 times.

Would a x8 AGP card running at x4 be better than a PCI card?

Current spec is it has 1Gb Ram, Athlon XP1900, and the motherboard only has 32Mb shared video memory Pro Savage S3.
I've noticed AGP seem to be cheaper and more prolific.

Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a program that I can DL that tells me if I have a graphics card that is built into my, uhm, computer thing..., sorry for the little information, its just a quick question, hopefully a quick reply. Also is there a way I can put alot more of my RAM and computer to a game [GunZ ijji] because I'm trying to monk style and it has alot of flashy effects and its hard to pull it off because I dont know if my 16MB graphics card can handle it...

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell 4550 Dimension ((approx. 6-7 yrs old) & the graphics card is going. I'm not into gaming or anything that requires a high end card. How do I know what card my system uses. I ran belarc & got the following 32MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra [Display adapter], if this is what I'm supposed to be looking for-I'm confused?? I would really appreciate some help & possibly a suggestion/s on a reasonable (cost) one that tiger direct might carry. thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
Will my system
Intel Pentium 2.40GHz,40GB Harddrive ,768Mb Ram DDR1,zebronics motherboard with 2 PCI slots,support nvidia geforce 8500gt.Could someone help me soon please....

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello! I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 which came installed in my PC when i bought it years ago. Now, I'm looking for some new OOMPH for my PC gaming time so i am getting a new video card as well as some RAM. There is a problem, though. Im not rich. I work for minimum wage with low hours =( so whats the best video card i can get without going over an unreasonable amount (my budget for the card is 100-150 dollars)

Thanks for any help-
ERK

Relevancy 51.17%

i am looking at an (Diamond ViperX with ATI's Radeon X600PRO, 256MB DDR PCI EXpress Video Card ) and it says it needs a 2.4 GHz or higher cpu! I was going to get the amd athlon processor at 2.0 GHz. the store tech says that the amd really runs at a higher GHz than it says and that it will support the card. But i dont trust him so id like to know if the amd 2.0 ghz will support the card the calls for a 2.4 ghz cuz if not im gonna go ahead and get the Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz that i know will support the card but everyone says amd is better so i need to know? if anyone can help thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Having probs with my Tiger Woods PGA Golf game Only real game I have Was fine but now when the course i choose starts to load it crashes the system before completing wondered if it was Graphics card have a radeon quite an old card Put on latest drivers but that almost seemed to make it worse Have no problems with other applications Should i try and find original disc with drivers and load them or do I need a new card Suggestions of a good step up from the would be valuable Also wondered if it was a memory problem have sticks of crucial MB DDR PC Gives me MB which the Crucial Scan says was my maximum Crucial test also says it only sees slots Graphics Solved: card? but I have maybe Motherboard is on its way out Mistakingly allowed a friend supposed computer whiz kid to put on an ATI tool and overclock wasn t happy about what was happening and stopped it and reset to defaults being a silver surfer i thought he knew what he was doing maybe thats damaged something Running Win XP let me know if anyone has advice or needs mor info Much obliged thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card.705738/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Techguy Members I am wanting to install a new graphics card in computer I am currently using I have HP Vectra PIII mb Windows with a built in graphics card onboard graphics card The onboard graphics card is Matrox Graphics MGA-G AGP The card only has MB Ram I do not have a AGP slot only PCI Since this computer is a little old I don t want to spend a lot of money for a graphics card I m a little iffy on doing the job myself actually I am thinking if there is a problem that windows would assign the new graphics card a standard vga Solved: card Graphics driver and I would be able to continue to work at getting proper driver to work if there was a problem Just thinking about some problems that might happen if I install Solved: Graphics card a new card Don t want computer to be non functional Recently installed dvd-rom and had to find dvd software that had mpeg code built into it in order to play movies Sometimes during the movies the picture all goes out of control for a short period of time and then back to a normal picture I think reason why is not enough ram mb or the graphics card just doesn t have the full capabilities of showing the dvd format movies This is one reason why I am thinking of getting a new graphics card I do play some games but not games that bog down a system I d like to get a card that is good or decent for games but yet still displays nice clear crisp text in documents I live in the country not in big city Only store around Walmart They have only one PCI card on shelf XFX GeFORCE MX with DDR Is DDR Dedicated Ram This would be my only choice unless I order online If I were to do that ATI or ATI was what I am thinking about Not to sure about those though from reading on this board ATI has driver problems Can anyone kind of like point me in the right direction on what I should buy I also would like to get a LCD monitor in the future In order for me to connect the LCD monitor to the computer does the graphics card have to have this DVI connector in order to connect a LCD monitor or can you connect the LCD monitor to any graphics card Is the connection any different to a CRT monitor Thanks for any advice in advance Mickeyy nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

i know this may be placed in the hardware section but the reason i am getting a new card is because i want to play decent games, i am about to receive a computer from a relative and unfortunately it only has AGP now im not looking to spend a fortune on this but i want to play decent games like oblivion, the rest of the computer can handle it easy, so im wondering what is the best value for performance AGP card around?

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm looking for a new graphics card, around the $200-300 price range, or lower if possible, my friend has a Radeon 9600 XT and I like that, so I'd like to go with a Radeon of some sort. I'd like to be able to record stuff from my TV, and (if its possible) use my TV as a monitor, without loosing graphical performance if possible (I'm mainly a gamer, so speed is essential, and I'll deal to live without those last 2 requests if it gets me better graphics). For around that price range, what would you recommend?

Relevancy 51.17%

Ok what I want to do card Solved: help... Graphics is to replace my Intel G Express Chipset Family graphics card with my old Nvidia Geforce but I want to do it in a way that I can easily switch back to the Express Chipset card just as it was before keep in mind I don t have the installations cd and such for the Intel one the reason being I m not sure my Nvidia card is in working order I was thinking it d be great Solved: Graphics card help... if I didn t have to do anything with the Intel Express Chipset graphics and could just install the Nvidia card and if it works great but if it doesn t I could just uninstall to go back to the way it was Solved: Graphics card help... before Would I be able to do that or do I have to uninstall the Intel Express chipset and it s drivers My basic specs are Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU GHz GHz Memory RAM GB System type -bit Operating System Windows edition Windows Vista Let me know if you need more info or something Also would I run into any problems installing the Nvidia card nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I really just want something that has a dvi and hdmi port. so I can have have the hdmi to my tv and the dvi to my monitor. i dont play games. i just use my pc for music and movies. ill list some details about my pc. heres a link. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...gory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5049534#N1160

HP Pavilion p6774y
amd phenom 2 x4 840 t
8 gb ram
250 w psu
100-127V ~6A
200-240V ~3A

have a PCI Express x16 slot for the card. thanks in advance.

Relevancy 51.17%

I currently have an ATI RADEON X800 and am looking to upgrade so I can watch HD content on my PC, and perhaps play some of the latest games.

I have identified this card (£55) as a good possible upgrade. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118287

After reading the specs it seems to support HDTV out, but in reviews I have read it doesnt seem to perform any better than the X800 in benchmark tests. (I am not really knowledgable in these things so I may have misinterpreted the data.)

Is it worth getting the card, or could anyone recommend a better one, for roughly the same price?

(One thing to bear in mind is I have a 350w PSU, and having a dell PC dont want to have to change the PSU.)

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have 2 x Dell Pc's ..will be keeping the newest one and putting more RAM in it upgarding to W7 etc.

From an assortment of Dell PC's have a choice of 2 known working graphics cards ... a Geoforce 7300L and an ATI Radeon X1300

Which of these 2 cards is the better to keep ? ... I suspect it's the ATI ... but thought it best to ask.

A:Solved: Which Graphics card do I keep

The x1300 was the faster performer over the 7300(LE?), but the Geforce 7300 has continuing driver support while the driver support for the X1300 has be disconituned since 2010, but it still has drivers available for XP to Windows 7 as of that date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-which-graphics-card-do-i-keep.1061238/
Relevancy 51.17%

My friend has a HP Pavilion A6345.SC (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3658000) with Athlon 64 X2 6000+, 4 GB of RAM, gF 8500 GT 512 MB, Vista Home Premium, no idea of the power supply, HP crap.
He's a gamer, so it's quite apparent, that he wants to upgrade the graphics card. But.. There are the problems. Any ideas? Any graphics cards that would work on the stock PSU and be significantly more powerful? And wouldn't overheat in the idiotic case?

Relevancy 51.17%

I need to get a new graphics card. After reading a few reviews, I think I've settled on the ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB. My only concern is most of the reviews came at the end of 2007 and I don't want to buy something that will be out of date in another month or so, but it seems right for the price at $215.

I mainly play COH/ COV and want to try Crysis.

Any thoughts if this is a good card to get?

Also, one review stated I need a P/S with 6 pin ESI adaptor. Can someone shed light on what this is for me? And perhaps I already have it?

Thanks much - I'm going to repost this on Games forum, too.

A:Solved: New Graphics Card

It is a good card to get. It's Ati equivalent to the Nvidia 8800 which is more expensive...reviews I read a while back siad the 8800 had more speed but the graphics are better on the 3870.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-graphics-card.715033/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new graphics card. Right now I have a Nvidia GeForce2 MX 200 32mb. I have several games....Rome Total War and Halflife 2 that I got for Xmas and the current card isn't cutting it.

I tried going to BestBuy, but the techs there are clueless. I know I should probably get a 128mb...and I need an ATG not a PSI card. I'm also don't want to spend more than $150. Does anyone have any ideas....and also what makes one care better than another. It looks like Nvidia alone has a dozen or so cards I can buy, but I don't know what makes one better.......and I don't want to pay for what I don't need.

Thanks in advance for the help. - Dan

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, on my desktop I have a GTX graphics Card and I currently just purchased a new HDD. I installed windows 7 on the HDD, but now when I open some games it says I cannot support the video quality it needs to be able to play. So I was really confused at first but then I went it to the control panel and under graphics card saw that only a Standard VGA card was running. So how to get my computer to read that I have a GTX plugged in? Because it doesn't show that I even havd a GTX plugged in... Please help!! Thanks -Marcus

Relevancy 51.17%

Current system Fujitsu Scaleo-P, 3GB DDR memory with Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium has "PCI Express x16: ATI Radeon X600 (RV370)".

What is a recommended replacement to be able to play Fallout 3?

I think the HD4670 is probably going to work best here.

I looked at using the PSU calculator at: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and compared the complete computer set-up between using X600 and 4670 and there is only a few Watts different at around 333 Watts total.

The +12V1 and +12V2 Amps are 15A and 14A respectively with a combined max power of 300 Watts for these - stated on the side of the PSU. PSU is a 350 Watt Delta Electronics DPS-350AB -4A Rev 00

Any comments before I buy a 4670?

This one looks OK: http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/666423...d/Product.html

Relevancy 51.17%

Well to start off im totally useless with computer software like graphics cards etc so Card Graphics Solved: i dont know which ones are good and which arnt I mostly use my PC for gaming i am currently playing Age of Conan which is a game which requires very high system requirments and currently im only getting - FPS in most areas of the game Max on the lowest settings I used to play world of warcraft and i used to get FPS minimum in most areas with high settings enabled I am Solved: Graphics Card currently using a mb NVIDIA GeForce GS graphics card which came with the computer the only things i Solved: Graphics Card use my computer for is browsing the net playing games and using chat programs i dont use it for watching movies or anything so i want to buy a graphics card which will enable me to have atleast fps on age of conan in all areas on the highest settings Can anyone make any recommendations on which graphic cards i should be looking at Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Heres a simple one to solve

Just bought new computer from tigerdirect.com (ill post link in a sec) and I need a good graphics card preferably under $150

I want to run newer games like BioShock, the Orange Box(which I can already but still) Cod4, and others...

Post links if you can and thanks for the help

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys, i got recomennded by a friend to update my graphics card, because theres a game that lags, he said if i just delete, and restart my computer, and then it all should work fine. But when i restarted it my graphics card i gone, and it can't install when it says it have found a new driver. I can't find the name of my graphics card
- Hopu u guys can help otherwise im on the ****!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi dudes My nvidia geforce ti just broke or should I say graphics-card Solved: New the fan Solved: New graphics-card stopped spinning I am not very good at these things so I thought I should just buy a new card which might tweak my games up a bit aswell However Solved: New graphics-card I don t know what card to buy and as my comp is quite old now I guess it s kinda hard to find stuff for it So I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me out here These are my specs Processor AMD Athlon XP Motherboard Soltek SL Kav - AGP x RAM mb SDRAM yeah I know Power Supply Chieftec w Graphics Card nvidia GeForce Ti Soundcard Soundblaster PCI Storage GB HD no idea what brand CDROM DVDRW some cheap model Operating System Windows XP Professional SP Well I think that s about it Tell me if you need any more information Thx in advance Marcus EDIT - And yeah I was wondering if I could use cards that are made for AGP X in my AGP X port nbsp