Windows Support Forum

Laptop Gaming Question.

Q: Laptop Gaming Question.

Hello all I m going to get a gaming laptop and these are the specs Chassis Gaming Question. Laptop amp Display Vortex Series quot Matte Full HD LED Widescreen x Processor CPU Intel Core i Laptop Gaming Question. Quad Core Mobile Processor i - QM GHz MB Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPER-X Laptop Gaming Question. GENESIS MHz SODIMM DDR x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX MX - GB DDR Video RAM - DirectX Memory - Hard Disk GB KINGSTON Laptop Gaming Question. HYPERX K SSD SATA Gb s upto MB sR MB sW DVD BLU-RAY Drive x BLURAY WRITER x DVD R RW Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX- EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND Sound Card Intel Channel High Definition Audio SPDIF MIC Headphone Jack Bluetooth amp Wireless GIGABIT LAN amp KILLER WIRELESS GAMING N NETWORK CARD Battery Vortex Series Cell Lithium Ion Battery mAh Operating System Genuine Windows Professional Bit - inc DVD amp Licence Anti-Virus NORTON ANTI-VIRUS - Year Licence for PC Question Do you think this could play Crysis p maxed out If not can you give me some games if could play maxed out p I have chosen windows because of the amazing boot up speeds on SSD and you get an extra - FPS in some games nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Gaming Question.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Gaming Question.

Crysis 3 system requirements - http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3953&game=Crysis 3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gaming-question.1093938/
Relevancy 59.77%

I ve been shopping around for a Gaming Laptop GPU Question gaming laptop and also asking advice on a few forums I feel like I m getting advice from some people who are overly obsessed with specifications and they re telling me that I need to get more than I actually need The main purpose for this Gaming Laptop GPU Question gaming laptop will be to play the Sims Not an extremely demanding game but with all its Gaming Laptop GPU Question expansion packs it can be somewhat demanding I ve been looking at a variety of computers though it seems like they have great specifications until you run into the graphics card I m being told that I should get a graphics card with a bus memory of at least MB but it s been really tough to find a gaming laptop that has a graphics card with that much bus memory when I m really hoping to spend under on this computer There are a few cards that I ve looked at on notebookcheck net and they seem pretty good I d like to get opinions on the following graphics cards and whether or not they d be able to handle the Sims game play - AMD Radeon HD M w GB - AMD Radeon HD M w GB - GeForce GT M w GB - AMD Radeon HD M w GB - GeForce GT M w GB - AMD Radeon w GB - Intel HD Graphics and GeForce T M w GB dual - GeForce GT M - GeForce GT M GB or Intel HD Graphics switchable - AMD Radeon HD G M Dual Graphics w GB - AMD Radeon HD G HD Dual Graphics w GB These laptops range from - GB RAM GB to TB hard drive and dual or quad core processors The website I mentioned notebookcheck net has them all ranked but I m not sure how reliable good the site is From what this site says it seems like the best cards are the GeForce GT M ranked or the GeForce GT M Ranked If this is not accurate could someone tell me the top cards from this list Thanks a ton in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-gpu-question.1095808/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there got a whole load of questions regarding my laptop and gaming Ill split them up to make it easier to read Im trying to play Allods Online A new MMORPG that is well worth looking at Search Allods EU its free and a very good game Not your typical runescape Much more WOW but different Below are the min specs and i can play the game but it does have lag now and again I remmeber playing WOW much smoother on less laptops So whats going on Ive read the laptop simply isnt good enough and theres nothing i can upgrade When the game is on and im running Gamebooster optimising program it takes Gaming question. laptop just gb of my ram and - of CPU Im playing on lowest settings I want it smooth and lag free for PVP This will be the only game ill be playing Minimum Requirements amp Windows XP Windows DirectX amp Intel Pentium III GHz amp MB RAM amp NVIDIA GeForceFX MB ATI Radeon MB amp Screen with resolution x amp DirectX-compatible audio card amp Mouse amp GB HDD I havent got the newest bios it seems but ive read this is risky will it help me Click to expand Code Gaming laptop question. My Specs Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire BIOS PhoenixBIOS Release Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM gb x gb installed Page File MB used MB available Card name NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M nForce M DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Windows scores Processor Memory Graphics Gaming graphics Primary hard disk Someone said something about updating bios Will it help is it worth the risk Is my laptop any good Is it worth possible to upgrade mygraphics card I read its intergrated My knowledge is somewhat limited to google IF possible to upgrade is it worth it or should i go about getting a new laptop I dont mind getting a new one i can sell this one Also how much would you value it at All help and knowledge is appreciated and sorry for the large post Dan nbsp

A:Gaming laptop question.

Updating BIOS won't do a thing unless there is a very specific reason to do so. It certainly won't help any "lag" problems.

Is the "lag" due to your machine, or could it be simply a lag in internet communication? How fast is your connection?

You might also check to see what else you have running that you can shut down. WMI can slow things quite a bit if running. It needs to run, but you can pause it from a command line:

net pause winmgmt

You should not need to restart it since it will start itself, but if needed:

net continue winmgmt

Something like Bitsum's Process Lasso is also useful (or the free ProcessTamer--the free version of Lasso works well). You could lower the CPU priority of processes you need to keep running but that do not need CPU priority and raise the priority of the game to above normal or high (never use "realtime"--it will lock the machine and you won't be able to do anything). Lasso has a gaming mode. The developer is a very honest and hard-working individual who is always making improvements based on user feedback. Keep an eye out for the frequent updates if you use it. I have it on every machine I own. Once you get your settings the way you want, you can shut down the main program, freeing up yet more CPU, and leave the service running in the background to enforce the priorities. I run it under Local System credentials, but it works fine under any administrative credentials, too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-question.898056/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I'm new here, and I have a quick question regarding my laptop. I have been wanting to upgrade to a gaming PC for a while now but I don't have the money, so can someone tell me if my current laptop has good parts, and what games I am able to run?

A:Laptop gaming spec question

Is the Intel graphics card the only one in the notebook? Some have a discrete and an integrated and use switching technologies to save power. You will run into a wall trying to play just about anything modern on that integrated chip.

What games were you interested in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gaming-spec-question.184479/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been trying to play a game for several weeks now to no avail. I am playing MechWarrior4: Vengance.
EVERY time I start the game, my system freezes completely and requires me to turn the power off on my system to reset it.
Cntrl/Alt/Del will not work. This is sooooooo anoying.
HELP!
500 Mhz / 256Mb RAM / 50Gb hard drive
ATI Rage Fury Pro graphics card
Sound Blaster Live sound card

I hope that someone has run into this before and can help.

Thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

Okay, i have two computers that both have integrated 10/100 lan and i have two spare pci 10/100 lan cards.
Do i have enough hardware to create a network between these two computers so that my brother and myself can play multiplayer games?
And If yes, how the heck would i do that?

Thanks,

Relevancy 44.29%

I need a (2 x 1) Gigs ram for gaming so 2 sticks of 1 gig.
I need the best RAM for gaming under the price of $120.

A:RAM Question for gaming

most people in the US on techspot i believe use newegg.com for pc parts, it has reviews of stuff on there too so you can take a look there until you get more replies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-for-gaming.82603/
Relevancy 44.29%

Okay, i have two computers that both have integrated 10/100 lan and i have two spare pci 10/100 lan cards.
Do i have enough hardware to create a network between these two computers so that my brother and myself can play multiplayer games?

Thanks

A:Lan Gaming Question

At a minimum you need to also buy a cross-over ethernet cable to connect those two integrated ethernet adaptors. The cable you buy will likely say "ethernet" and/or "Cat5" on it; the key is to make sure it says "cross-over."

Lots of tutorials available on home networks. Search in Help and Support Center or on the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-gaming-question.410103/
Relevancy 44.29%

Thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello whoever reads this I m pretty tech savy when it comes to software but building a computer is a different story I ve spent weeks googling everything and am trying to build a decent gaming PC for around - I ve been mainly looking on TigerDirect MicroCenter amp NewEgg I found one pre-built quot Gaming quot Desktop but a part of me wants to actually build Question. PC A Gaming Building one myself I m just not sure if the parts I ve found will work with one another The main game I m looking at running at the highest quality is Diablo III Recommended Min System Req Windows Vista latest service packs Intel Core Duo GHz or Building A Gaming PC Question. AMD Athlon X GHz GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon HD or better GB available HD space Building A Gaming PC Question. Heres a link to the computer I found on Tigerdirect Gaming PC Its and I would obviously want a better graphics card Building A Gaming PC Question. as well as a sound card upgrade so that s pushing my budget a tad Here are some of the quot same quot parts via Tigerdirect and MicroCenter MicroCenter Parts amp TigerDirect Parts My current desktop is an older generation Velocity Micro With a Nvidia motherboard Nvidia Geforce Video Card integrated audio that doesn t work anymore GB DDR RAM Roughly G Hard Drive Intel Dual Core processor It has started taking a dive this year and now has trouble running Rift on the lowest settings I can barely manage FPS My first thought was to just upgrade it but now I m more interested in building my first computer and after watching so many youtube videos and reading tutorials and using Google till my fingertips bled I cannot resist the urge Sorry If my post is a little scatter-brained looking forward to your responses Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

what cpu from the 2 below would be better on a rig built for gaming only (with some web browsing on the side)

this Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz (dual core)

or

this Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz (quad core)

both are $189 and about cap's my budget, please post if you have an answer with an explanation

thanks

A:Easy cpu question concerning gaming

personally i would go with the 8500. i dont no of any games that really takes advantage of 4 cores.. the higher clock frequency is a plus for gaming. E8500 can power an ati 4870x2.. so u wont need to worry about its performance and i know of E8400 overclocked to 3.6ghz which is sweet for gaming.

however if u want true multitasking then go with the quad..

i recently got a system with a e8400 and a ati 4850 graphic card.. its a pretty impressive system. the dual cores allows for good multitasking and the higher clock speed really shows when playing games.

what graphic card are u planning to get? cause thats where i'd try to spend my money..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/easy-cpu-question-concerning-gaming.115577/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all. I have the original version of DOOM....I used to be able to run it in Network mode. Things have changed and now I can't even run it on my Win98 SE Pentium II 400mhz. Does anyone have a version of this that will run on a NT NETWORK. I have seen a patch out there for WIN 98 however I have never been able to make it work. ANY IDEAS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-question-doom.83865/
Relevancy 43.43%

If you have a older screen can that affect your lagg?
Like its old and cant keep up with stuff i dunno i was told it can.
I was told if i ave a better screen crysis might run a little better enall, sounds stupid to me so i thought i should ask.

Thanks.

A:Question about gaming and screens.

Nope, no effect whatsoever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-gaming-and-screens.664728/
Relevancy 43.43%

im currently in the process of building a new gaming computer for myself and was wondering how online gaming performs on a wirelss connection. at the moment my computer isnt very good so i dont play any games on it with the wireless connection. i know the speed is a litttle more than half that of a wired connection and i was wondering if this hinders the gameplay alot. it wouldnt make much sense to pay all htis money on a great computer to only have it work terrible with online play...

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all. So I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on gaming headsets for pc. My headphone jack for my computer isn't working so I don't think I can use any wired headsets (if I'm wrong on this please let me know). So I was looking into wireless ones, preferably $100 and under. The three I narrowed it down to were the corsair 2100, turtle beach px4 or 5 (from amazon or ebay) and the PDP afterglow kral. Anybody have any opinions on any of these ones or any other ones you would recommend? Thanks for any help on this!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-gaming-headset-question.207127/
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay, I just upgraded my graphic card to XFX Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 On my computer today,
with 430W Power supply and
My computer is a HP P6214Y bought computer, with everything in there the same, Just the
Power supply and Graphic Card upgraded! :]]
I wanna ask will I run games like CoD modern warfare and Starcraft 2 on high settings fine? :]

A:Question About Gaming and System

Will you run then on high settings ? yes
Will you run them fine ? yes

I think upgrading your ram should be your next move, because it might cause some lag issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-gaming-and-system.965171/
Relevancy 43.43%

I m not very knowledgeable when it comes to GPU s so I m hoping someone can help answer this question nbsp I go to a college that gives us Lenovo about gaming GPU Question better for purposes computers but we only have to pick from nbsp And I want to get the one that will be better at gaming nbsp I know there are much better options for Question about better GPU for gaming purposes gaming out there but I can only pick between the NVIDIA Quadro M M GB and the NVIDIA GeForce MX GB nbsp Both of them have an Intel Core i - HQ Processor GHz MB Cache nbsp If they are different can you please tell me how different they would perform nbsp If you need more information please just let me know nbsp Also my school said that the second one comes with the NVIDIA GeForce MX GB but from what I can see that does not exist so I m assuming they made a mistake because the computer says it comes with the NVIDIA GeForce MX GB the Lenovo's website nbsp Please let me know if it does exist nbsp Thank You

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Question-about-better-GPU-for-gaming-purposes/td-p/3350946
Relevancy 43.43%

I know very little about computers but am looking for a gaming computer. I found this at Tiger Direct and would appreciate any input.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1277082&Sku=SYX-1113

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a brand new Linksys wireless router that works fine on my desktop computers. And when I attempt to connect my Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 to the internet it notices and picks up on my wireless connection. But when I try to connect it repeatedly tells me there is a DNS error for both systems and fails. The exact same thing happens whether im connecting them to the router wirelessly or with an ethernet cable.

My router is a Wireless N Gigabite router from Linksys, and my ISP is AT&T. Even when I attempt to manually input all the DNS information into the systems is still tells me there is an error.

Is there compatibility issues, am I missing something? what's going on here?

Relevancy 43.43%

I might be getting a new computer in the near future so i was wondering if this computer would be good/decent for gaming.
Here's the specs:
HP Pavilion
Windows 7 Home Premium
6GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM
AMD Athlon™ II quad-core processor 645 3.10ghz
2MB L2 cache memory
ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 3GB
1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)VISION Premium Technology by AMD
Will it work? And how do you feel about the processor/graphics card/ram?
Any replys would be greatly appreciated.
Oh yeah, and i wasnt sure if i should put this in the Gaming section or not.

A:Gaming Computer Question

You could build your own system for alot less then what you would pay retail for that HP desktop. Also that CPU is not that great. I bet that system listed above is more then $650 am I right? Also that GPU sucks for gaming or anything else for that matter. Intergrated GPU's run off of the cpu which in turn slow the whole computer down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170488-gaming-computer-question.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Suppose I want to build a heavy gaming machine, would the
Phenom II x4 956 cpu be a good choice?
When you match the price of the two the Core i7 920 and this Phenom cost nearly the same.
However, I also see that the i7 920 run at 2.66ghz and the Phenom (which is slightly cheaper in price) run at 3.4ghz. Thats why Im wondering if the above Phenom will be a good choice

Posted via Mobile Device

A:Extreme Gaming CPU question

Very sorry for the typing error. I mean the Phenom II x4 965, not 956
Posted via Mobile Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extreme-gaming-cpu-question.862713/
Relevancy 43%

HEY could some one send me a list of all the game that are known to be cross platfor compatible with pc/360 that are comming out? please

Relevancy 43%

I will confess. I love my game Diablo II but I don't know donkeys about computers. The speed of the game is directly related to what kind of mood I'm in. I heard that if you load the all CD files to your hard drive, the game will be relatively faster. Right now, Diablo II is the only game I play and would like to load Diablo II on my computer so I don't have to use the CD. IF anyone could help me out, it would be great!

NOTE: I don't know alot about computers so if you try to help me, please keep the computer lingo very simple. Thanks! =)

A:Seems like an easy question to answer regarding Gaming

If you do a full install of DiabloII it will install all the files needed for the game on your hard drive, including music and video. The only reason it should then require your cd is for the anti-piracy cd check, which doesn`t actually load anything from the disk, it just checks that you have an original copy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seems-like-an-easy-question-to-answer-regarding-gaming.37602/
Relevancy 43%

My computer is starting to run slow when playing Rise of Legends. If I were to upgrade my system which would provide me the greatest performance gain: Graphics card upgrade, CPU or more RAM.

Intel® Pentium® 4 - 1.6 GHz
400 MHz System Bus
Cache • 12K micro-op trace Cache
512 PC-2100 DDR
80.0GB (5400RPM) UltraDMA Hard Drive
ATI 128MB graphics card (it's old, can't remember the model)

Relevancy 43%

I just got a quot Philips in my room and I was debating on whether to get a or not I ve come to the conclusion that I m not going to and I d like to stick with a game that I m very good at Counter-Strike Aside from all that I want to gaming related... Solved: Question, ask everyone a question here I keep my computer in fairly good condition I always defrag disk clean up delete all my cookies and registries I always scan every three days There My PC is still a bit sluggish and I want to play a Counter-Strike Source that s not nearly going to eat up my system resources such as Crysis Solved: Question, gaming related... or Call Solved: Question, gaming related... of Duty would I have GB of Solved: Question, gaming related... RAM I m looking to upgrade to I have an ATI Radeon X I ll probably purchase an Any suggestions on how to keep a GPU cool Is there a USB fan I can buy and put it underneath my card These are all easy questions for myself but these upgrades alone I should notice a difference between my gameplay and my computer correct Right I have an watt power supply and I use my hard drive frequently for multimedia purposes All I m looking for are some suggestions from the community Thanks P S I ve played Counter-Strike Source on this computer before it s just been through a lot after time and I don t feel like reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Did a fresh install onto the new SSD of Win7 Ultimate x64. Using the SSD as the boot drive, and plan on installing my games on my WD Velicoraptor 300 GB drive. TRIM support is on, and I made sure i turned off any defragging on the SSD.

When I ran Left 4 Dead 2 (Which normally runs flawlessly at highest quality), i noticed stuttering at random intervals. I restarted and tweaked some settings, seems to be a bit better, but i am not sure that sounds normal.

Anyone have any tips or setting tweaks for the SSD that would help me out?

Thanks

A:Intel X25-V 40GB Gaming Question

Quote: Originally Posted by Kinematic9

Did a fresh install onto the new SSD of Win7 Ultimate x64. Using the SSD as the boot drive, and plan on installing my games on my WD Velicoraptor 300 GB drive. TRIM support is on, and I made sure i turned off any defragging on the SSD.

When I ran Left 4 Dead 2 (Which normally runs flawlessly at highest quality), i noticed stuttering at random intervals. I restarted and tweaked some settings, seems to be a bit better, but i am not sure that sounds normal.

Anyone have any tips or setting tweaks for the SSD that would help me out?

Thanks

Did you try the Event Viewer ? Check that for possible error description.
Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57395-intel-x25-v-40gb-gaming-question.html
Relevancy 43%

Sorry if im posting this in the wrong forums, My monitor is giving me trouble & i was thinking of buying a new widescreen monitor but since the majority of my games are older titles (Age of Empires, Baldurs Gate, SW KotOR etc.) in worried about how these older game will look on a widescreen, I dont wanna spend $200+ on something and my games look like a funhouse mirror, I do have some games that have widescreen support (Warcraft, BF2142) but i still wanna be able to play the older games that i still enjoy.

A:Gaming on widescreen monitors question

If the games are a bit older, they might look pretty messed up on a widescreen (from what you're used to). Check to see what your games maximum resolution is, and see if it is the same as the maximum resolution of your monitor. If not it may look weird.
It MAY look weird if for example the game's resolution is at 1024x768 and the monitors max resolution is 1440x900
It WON'T look weird if for example the game's max resolution is 1920x1080 and you've set it at 1440x900 and the monitors resolution is 1440x900.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-on-widescreen-monitors-question.1012443/
Relevancy 43%

I have two computers set up on roadrunner off a router(linksys), in which Myself and my brother play Counter-Strike occasionally. During our gameplay, every 10 to 15 we both suffer massive packetloss and lag during gameplay. Would anyone know what the cause of this is?
Thanks for any advice

Relevancy 43%

Here's a quick question for you;

I have my operating system on my IDE hard drive and my music and film collection on a SATA drive. I was wondering if it would make games run better if i installed and ran from the SATA driverather than the IDE drive...?

Baring in mind that i am nearly always downloading onto the SATA drive (torrent) and the IDE drive is dealing with windows' functions what do you think?

Matt.

A:Simple IDE vs. Sata question re: gaming

I don't think its going to make much of a difference that you can see, applications running faster will rely more on RAM then transfer speed of HD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simple-ide-vs-sata-question-re-gaming.462492/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey I am going to purchase a new gaming pc and i have a couple questions So far i have ASUS A N-SLI Socket Nvidia nForce motherboard AMD Athlon San computer, new on Building question gaming sound Diego GHz FSB Socket Processor eVGA Geforce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Corsair Building new gaming computer, question on sound XMS GB x mb -Pin DDR SDRAM Seagate Barracuda GB ATA HDD ENERMAX Whisper II ATX V W PSU Im going to use my current case thermaltake XaserIII dvd burner and possibly my SB Live PCI sound card but i was wondering if the ASUS mobo s onboard sound Realtek ALC is better than my soundblaster Also i know this is out of place in this section of the forums but ive done research on all these parts and I was wondering if you would give me your input on if you think this is a good setup or not And if they both are really really bad is there a decent upgrade for under bucks Im not very knowledgeable on soundcards The total came out to on newegg Thank you nbsp

A:Building new gaming computer, question on sound

That's a real nice rig there. The sound card may be better, but not much.

A DFI mobo will outperform the Asus a little if you know how to set it up. The Asus is much more easy to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-gaming-computer-question-on-sound.41432/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just have some qestions about everything,but im wonder which way to go, crossfire or SLI for the new gaming PC i plan to biuld. i want to, at some point, dual up on graphics cards and need to make a desion right off the bat. just curious if any one out there has some personal experience, or any helpful information on the topic. i know its a loaded question because underneath it is the desision between ATI or NVIDIA. but for the most part im wondering which appears to be more compatible, if that make any sense. The CPU i want is the Atholon 64 X2 4400+. ive read some many reviews about CPU, Mobo's, and everything to the point where my whole project has been put into question. ive made several complete shopping carts full of goodies, and canceled the checkout do to indecsion. If you have any helpfull tips, please pass them my way.

A:Quick question about CPU's and MOBO's & the making of a gaming PC

nVidia. I don't own dual video cards but AMD is best suited for nVidia video cards and Intel is best suited for ATi videocards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-about-cpus-and-mobos-the-making-of-a-gaming-pc.48559/
Relevancy 42.57%

How I'm suppose to set it up... there are just bunch of settings that confuse me.

(system input from 2ch to 8, output mode has headphone & 2 speaker option)

And am I suppose to change "Default Format" in windows audio settings?
I set it to "24bit, 48k HZ" (default was 12bit, 41k hz)

A:Little question regarding GX GAMING CAVIMANUS audio panel.

You don't need to mess with it, it's defaults are set and is ready to use as is. 2nd to last sentence from link........

http://www.geniusnet.com/Genius/wSite/ct?xItem=51781&ctNode=3608

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/little-question-regarding-gx-gaming-cavimanus-audio-panel.1167411/
Relevancy 42.57%

Had a question about my frame rates. I recently built a computer with the intention of building a decent gaming rig. Did a decent amount of research and had a friend to fill in the blanks. I did not initially buy a video card, but later upgraded because I was not content with the quality of the games, videos, etc. I would like to know if my processor may be gimping my system.

These are my specs:

ASUS M4A78LT-M AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply
4GB (2 x 2GB) Desktop Memory
Radeon HD 5770 Graphics Card

I would appreciate any input.

Thank you.

A:Question about gaming frame rates and hardware

Since there is no processor listed it would be impossible to answer that question. What Brand and model is your power supply?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-gaming-frame-rates-and-hardware.1009486/
Relevancy 42.57%

Okay first of all, my laptop doesn't have the sound card to provide 7.1 surround sound, it does however have Dolby Surround Sound, so I was thinking if I purchased a 7.1 surround sound headset, how can I configure each speakers on it? Since currently the only audio channel I have is Stereo.

The headset is plugged in by USB, so it must act like a sound card on its own, if I plug in the USB headset, will it provide me another audio channel for 7.1?

The headset is a Razer Megaladon.

A:7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset question

Hello PinoyForTheWin.

Razer devices a pretty powerful when it comes to hardware performance/gaming. They are also well known for providing complex drivers for their products.
My guess is that when you'll install the headset, the driver software will provide you some advanced options to choose from.
Among those, there should be some setting to enable the 7.1 sound experience, by overriding your standard sound card settings, and applying its own.
I cannot however guarantee this as a 100% go, it's just a thought to help you decide what to do next.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/190609-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset-question.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just bought a new laptop, it's Toshiba L300. I loved it so much, but then I tried to run Sims 2 in it and it's so slow even though I already lowered all the settings, it's still slow. Now my questions is: Can I increase the specs of my laptop so I can play games in it especially Sims 2 and 4?

A:Is it possible to make my laptop a gaming laptop?

Laptops are very difficult to upgrade. If money was no object, you might be able to do something, but practically speaking you are stuck with what you have.

There are "gaming" laptops, but they are quite expensive compared to a desktop. And they are prone to high temperatures and expensive to repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369844-possible-make-my-laptop-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

What Mobo details Do I need to look out for to insure that my CPU and GPU are not bottlenecked or gimped I'm going to purchase an AMD Fx Hex core for Battlefield player multiplayer I want the highest CONSTANT framerate Specifically during heavy battle moments I dont care about Ultra Max MOBO Gimping Cheap Stock - Gaming Question. graphics Although High-ultra would be ideal My question is if im using an FX CPU and a 'Radeon OC' GPU how much would this cheaper dollar mobo gimp my performance over a Stock - Cheap Gaming MOBO Gimping Question. better more qualified mobo Stock - Cheap Gaming MOBO Gimping Question. between these two for example Newegg com - ASUS M A L-M LX PLUS AM AMD G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Newegg com - GIGABYTE GA-M MT-S AM NVIDIA GeForce nForce a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Does the mobo chipset Nvidia - radeon matter if im using a PCI Express Video card Can I ignore that or is it still important for some reason Im not worried about extra options like x USB etc etc What Mobo details Do I need to look out for to insure that my CPU and GPU are not bottlenecked or gimped My complete list of parts so far is this Mobo Newegg com - ASUS M A L-M LX PLUS AM AMD G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard CPU Newegg com - AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD WMGUSBX Video Card Newegg com - HIS H FN GD Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Ram Newegg com - Patriot Gamer Series GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model PG G EL PSU Newegg com - Rosewill Green Series RG -S W Continuous C PLUS Certified Single V Rail Active PFC quot Compatible with Core i i quot Power Supply I think this is my old Harddrive It will have to do I cant better yet http discountechnology com Seagate ATA-Hard-Drive

A:Stock - Cheap Gaming MOBO Gimping Question.

Of course all choices will be yours. I have never heard of a $50.00 gaming motherboard. The first tool you will need is knowledge. Some web sites that can help. These sites will list many motherboards and the information you need to choose one. Many of the subject motherboards are costly. Your not their to choose between a $200.00 or a $300.00 motherboard but to gather knowledge so you can choose between a $50.00 or $75.00 motherboard. Motherboard selection takes a lot of homework on your part. It took me more time to choose a motherboard than all the other parts in my computer put together.
Choosing the Best Motherboard for your Gaming Computer
Motherboards.org | The Latest News, Reviews, Guides and Rankings for Motherboards and PC Hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213932-stock-cheap-gaming-mobo-gimping-question.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Googling for D games I stumbled across quot The polynomial quot on http dmytry com games - and fell in love with the screenshots So I downloaded and unzipped it And got frustrated because I couldn't see it quot with depth quot - which was why I had bought this PC Here is what to do to get it displaying stereoscopically Update the drivers http aps toshiba-tro de kb TSB C G R htm Calibrate the display using Windows' Start button quot All Programs quot quot SuperD Software quot quot X-tune quot quot X-tune quot Now to the game Ensure no external displays are active use Win P Start polynomial exe Press ESC to get to its control panel Click Display quot Fullscreen quot and quot Side by side quot 3D regarding Question - F750-11U 3D) free in Qosmio gaming (glasses Click quot Play Demo quot I get the Qosmio F750-11U (glasses free 3D) - Question regarding gaming in 3D same picture in the left and right halves of my display Now comes the bit I battle d with using your right fore-finger press the quot D quot button above your keyboard rows above the quot Backspace quot key SuperD Face Tracking should start automatically and the blue light beside the webcam lights up May take a couple of seconds Unfortunately Polynomial has thus lost the focus and is minimized Does anybody know why Or how to prevent that happening Use Alt-Tab to return to Polynomial It should reappear in full-screen mode If you've still got Qosmio F750-11U (glasses free 3D) - Question regarding gaming in 3D the similar views next to each other prod the D key again Wait a few seconds Sometimes I have to repeat these last steps but haven't found out under which circumstances Generally I can lay back at this point and congratulate myself on buying such a seriously cool PC - That's not actually true Instead I gawp open-mouthed at the utterly brilliant stereoscopic d graphics I hope this helps other newbies and apologize to any oldbies who were bored by my enthusiastic rantings Please post improvements to this recipe

A:Qosmio F750-11U (glasses free 3D) - Question regarding gaming in 3D

Hi

Did you manage to get this online 3D game running in 3D?

From my knowledge depending on game, it does not work with glasses free 3D mode and work with 2D mode.

In your case I would recommend testing the glasses free 3D mode in connection with other games too.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67125-Qosmio-F750-11U-(glasses-free-3D)-Question-regarding-gaming-in-3D
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a question. I have 4 gigs of ram running in my system. While running the 4 gigs at once i can't get the 1T timing. Only when i use just 2 gigs can i get the 1T timing. Benchmarking with SiSoftware Sandra while using 2 gigs at 1T gives me a bandwidth of 5700 mb/s. With the 4 gigs at 2T i get about 5400 mb/s. I was wondering for gaming which would be more beneficial? Does the extra 300 mb/s make a big difference in performance at all?

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello

My son just purchased the above router with the idea to replace our long running ISP hobbled iConnect Access router.

It appears however, that the new D-Link router needs to be daisy-chained to the iConnect in order to properly function. Is that correct?

Am I to believe then, that the iConnect Access router is integral to the operation and that replacing it with the D-Link DGL-4300 is a mis-guided notion?

My son is an avid-gamer and seems to be really keen on the new router but I'm a bit confused about the need for two routers .... the original iConnect has 4 ports as does the new D-Link one ...

Thoughts anyone?

A:Question re: D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless 108G Gaming Router

Hi,

This is a fairly normal situation. Just put the iconnect router in bridge. That makes it a pure modem. Just check the manual and it will explain how.

Then run the dlink using pppoe client on the WAN interface. This then becomes the only router in the network. The iconnect simply bypassed for everything except the modem.

Next time, try to post in the correct forum too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-re-d-link-dgl-4300-wireless-108g-gaming-router.810411/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,   I just ordered the following laptop off of Amazon: Newest 2016 Acer 15.6" 1080P Gaming Laptop / 16GB RAM / Latest Intel i5 6200U (2.80GHz Turbo) / Nvidia 940M Graphics / 1TB Hard Drive      The model shows B01DOU2LPE  but I cannot find this on the website.  Any information on this?  It has a great price and a good review.   Thanks  Mark

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/New-Gaming-Laptop/td-p/441966/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I m pretty happy about this new laptop im getting for Xmas here are the specs all on my budget -Sager NP Built on clevo W ET - quot FHD gaming new laptop my matte screen x -nVidia GeForce GTX M MB PCI-Express GDDR DX w Optimus - rd Generation Intel Ivy Bridge Core i - QM - GHz stock w Factory overclocking - GB - DDR MHz Dual Channel RAM -DUAL GB Intel Series SSDs w RAID- -Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N Bluetooth Dual Band FREE promo my new gaming laptop And most of the bells and whistles IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU GPU COPPER COOLING UPGRADE - Extra Cooling Copper Heatsinks Applied to the Heatsink Heatpipes and factory benchmarked overclocking all for a little over with tax i am new at buying custom built machines But with the my new gaming laptop time i put into reasearching this purchase i think i ve done pretty well Feel free to comment leave your opinions Thanks SagerNP Built on Clevo W ET nbsp

A:my new gaming laptop

over kill for a laptop. The idea of a laptop is portablility...u need a fork lift truck for a Sager
Might as well have gotten a desktop, for that price you would have a rig that would stomp the competition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-new-gaming-laptop.1081169/
Relevancy 41.71%

So I compared these two laptops but I can't tell which one is better for gaming (I have very little knowledge about this things). Can somebody please help me?

http://compare.tech-details.com/652619/

A:Gaming laptop

I am not a professional but I do like playing games online with my grandkids. Two things I see that really make a difference for gaming are RAM and a graphics card. The purchase of my last laptop I got 12GB RAM and a 2 GB NVidia graphics card. I would say a minimum of 4 GB RAM and 1 GB graphics cards would be what you want to keep the game running properly...and for some online games that may not be enough. If you have a particular game you like to play, check on their website and see what their minimum requirements are. Then you might want to get a little better than that if you want good graphics on the game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.1097095/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm getting some lag on Portal when graphics are maxed. I'm thinking my GPU is the bottleneck here, but here are the specs:

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7 740 QM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1 GB GDDR3
500 GB 7200 RPM HDD
1920x1080 OLED multi-touch LCD

Also, it gets pretty hot when I'm running like this. My laptop is barely thicker than a netbook which makes me wonder if a more powerful GPU will even fit in there.

A:Laptop Gaming

There's no point thinking about other GPU's unless the 1 you have is removable which I doubt it is. The GPU (and subsiquent memory) is mounted on the mainboard.

The main problem is that 'mobile' GPU's just don't have the same power as their desktop counterparts and as such, running high performance games/apps will require more than the mobile GPU can offer (depending on in-game settings).

Saying that, you have a very impressive laptop and i'm now highly jealous but i'd look at lowering some of the in-game/app GFX settings and see if the problem still arises.

Another thing to note (and it's just me having my 'standard' head on lol) is that you need to make sure that all fan/heatsync ports have plenty of space as this can cause overheating.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/119931-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi
I need a bit of help. the screen of my laptop recently broke so that gives em an opportunity to buy a new laptop. there is only one thing i care about and that is that i want it to be able to run DA3 when it comes out. the requirements is in the link at the bottom, but don't really know much about computers, som getting, some recommendations and/or pointers would be nice.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1883&game=Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

A:looking to buy a gaming laptop

I got my gaming laptop a few years ago and haven't had any problems running Saints Row 4 on max..
I like my Asus ROG (Republic Of Games) G73JW. http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G73Jw
It's pretty big and heavy to haul around though. They have several configurations of the new model. http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/Notebooks_Products/
You might be able to find an older model like mine on Amazon a little cheaper than a current ones.

You concerned about battery life, size, or weight?
Fair warning, most "gaming" laptops have very poor battery life and are often heavier than regular laptops.

Just pick a few and read reviews of them. Amazon, Newegg, places like that. see if the positive comments overwhelmingly beat the negative. Even then, remember some new items can be bad or the person just didn't know how to setup or use it right. Read both, positive and negative on the ones your considering, then just go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-buy-a-gaming-laptop.1110737/
Relevancy 41.71%

I mostly play WoW and D3. I was looking to get a new razer blade but I am not sure if that will be able to play other games on a high setting? I know I could get a different laptop with better specs, but I like the slim feature of the blade.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Relevancy 41.71%

I want help trying to run warcraft 3 on my laptop because i have successfully installed the game and when i try to go to Battle.Net it downloads the updates and then it says restart warcraft 3 to apply the upgrades and when i restart it, it says "An Error Occurred When Applying the Upgrades". This only seems to be a problem on my laptop and not my other desktop computers.

Please Help.

A:Help with gaming on my laptop

Tell us the laptop brand and model, or the configuration. The problem is usuall that Warcraft 3 won't work on many laptops... due to memory, audio capabilities, of video graphics hardware or drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-gaming-on-my-laptop.107389/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Best-gaming-laptop/td-p/3474048
Relevancy 41.71%

I m looking for a new gaming laptop - Unfortunately due to my current living situation it MUST be a laptop - Preferably quot screen with x resolution or quot screen - I know I don t need it for gaming but I d still prefer an i - Minimum of GB RAM preferably GB RAM but no more than GB - Weight is not an issue - SSD not required but certainly welcome - Looking Looking new laptop for gaming a to play games on Max High settings with fps with a Looking for a new gaming laptop GTX M or GTX M SLI -Must have a optical drive -Must have a built in mic -Webcam optional -Battery life is irrelevant because I will be plugged in whenever in use budget I ve done a little bit of research and I know I DON T want an Alienware ASUS Dell Acer or Lenovo I ve been considering a configuration of a Sager laptop from xoticpc com but I m open to recommendations hence this thread If anyone has any recommendations for a configuration of a gaming laptop that exactly or closely fits these requirements I d appreciate them Again unfortunately it MUST be a laptop nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Not sure if this is the best place to post this.... if this is an inappropriate location i apologize in advance. I am looking to get a gaming laptop with dual sli gefore 8600 video card so i can play direct x 10 video games. My Budget is $2000. Whats the best laptop i can get in my budget?

It would be a first for me to see a laptop with dual sli... that's only in desktops.

The majority of laptops are not suitable for gaming, especially if it's going to be DX10 and possibly Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.658841/
Relevancy 41.71%

Heya guys,

Looking at getting my misses a decent gaming laptop but under £500. (I know you can't get a great one with that budget.. but its all I can afford before christmas!).

Been looking at a few but im not 100% sure on which laptop graphics cards are best in at the minute.

Would really appriciate any help anyone can give with a few links and stuff

Cheers,
Matt

Are you completely sure you want a laptop rather then a desktop? They're hot, have a relatively short lifespan, lack upgradability and will be considerably less powerful then a desktop of equivelant price.

If you're sure it's got to be a laptop though, Dell and ASUS are both of a reasonable quality, Alienware make some of the best high end ones but are a bit outside your budget.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.1028651/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Everyone!

I've purchased a laptop today off tigerdirect for some gaming since my PC that I have now is ancient and can only run WoW on low settings, it's awful I know. I wasn't looking to go all out, but I did spend about $600 with tax/shipping.

I don't know much when it comes to GPU and their models etc..so I've come here to ask for your expertise. I'm looking to run WoW, Diablo 3 and some other games off of Steam.

Here's the rig.

Acer Aspire AS7750G
It has:
- 17,3" - 44 cm HD+ LED (1600 x 900)
- Intel Core i5 2450M (2,5 GHz, 3 MB L3)
- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz (with empty slot)
- 500 GB SATA 5400 rpm
- AMD Radeon HD 7670 1 GB Dedicated
- 6-cell Li-Ion, 49 W battery
Can someone tell me what to expect running Diablo 3, WoW and some of the newer games out?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, I've been a PC gamer for only a short time. I am looking at a gaming laptop, and I don't know how good the mobile parts are. here is what I am looking at.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ mobile
Radeon 9600 mobility
512mb of ram.

Anyone know if this will keep me going for the next few years playing most of the newer games? I can easily upgrade the ram, because I know 512 is sub standard these days.

Thanks. Kainy.

Relevancy 41.71%

hi Guys ! I was thinking of getting a MSI gaming laptop. here are that 2 models which now I selected. can you suggest your idea about both 2 models..

I like to buy this..but its has AMD processor & AMD Radeon R9 M290X VGA.
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX60_Destroyer.html#hero-overview
and this one
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE60_2PE_Apache_Pro.html#hero-overview

please suggest your idea..thanks

A:help for buy MSI Gaming Laptop

Similar performance. Just a matter of chipset preference. Intel/nVidia or AMD/ATI

Although the intel build has a better audio chipset.

Warranty should be the same for both, so it boils down to brand preference and/or price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-buy-msi-gaming-laptop.1130002/
Relevancy 41.71%

I want to make my laptop in a gaming system. (nothing too flashy) I was wondering what upgrades as far as sound, video, memory i should make. Can u help?

not much you CAN upgrade on a laptop. can go

with an Extigy for sound , upgrade the memory to 512mb or so if your system will support it, video, your stuck with onboard.
the lcd screen will suck for gaming also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.109828/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi , due to unforseen circumstances i have been left with only my trusty old laptop to play World Of Warcraft .. I have a packard bell easynote F7280 which has 64 mb shared ram graphics .The problem is sometimes i'm only getting 2 or 3 frames per second .As you can imagine this is quite frustrating so i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could improve the performance of the gameplay ??? Thanks in advance for any help you can give .

A:gaming on a laptop

The only thing you will be able to add to that laptop is ram, thats it.

I don't believe that that laptop will ever be able to play that game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-on-a-laptop.89339/
Relevancy 41.71%

I was originally in the 4-500 dollar range, but i thought if i sold my 360 and all its games might be able to get something more.

Whats frustrating me is that pretty much everywhere i go, its the same thing as in the 4-500 dollar range except with a dual core i5 instead of a dual core i3 (they are both dual core, clock speed doesnt matter that much to me).

What is the best laptop i can get? i dont need to run the most graphically intensive games, but i want to have a fast laptop and be able to play skyrim on high ish settings.

I mean, a 520m is good, but i can get a laptop with that for 500...same with APUs, etc.
So i want BETTER.

A:Looking for a gaming laptop under $700

Try this websites

Try GR-Tek If you are in Australia
If in America, try iBUYPOWER

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so ya gonna have to search it up for now in Google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-gaming-laptop-under-700.175509/
Relevancy 41.71%

I was wondering what would be a good gaming laptop that doesnt break the budget so bad like the alienwares but is capable of playing: cs:s, bf2, WoW, Oblivion, and a couple of others at decent settings. Also what would be the best graphics chips for a laptop? thanks

A:Gaming Laptop

For about $1500 you should get a descent laptop from Asus. Check out their website.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.57842/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys,
i'm just about to buy this laptop for £953 (with no OS)
Serious strategy gaming is among one of its main uses on new games like
medieval 2 total war,black and white 2 and many other demanding games.

Will this system be able to play these games with there graphic and detail settings set at the highest and still play them smoothly.
thanks for any advice and any help on alternative gaming laptops for a budget of £1100 would be appreciated.

Titan T2 7200 Laptop

17" X-Brite Widescreen
Intel Core Duo T7200 2.0GHz Processor
2048MB DDR2 667MHz Memory
160GB SATA Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 256MB PCI Express Graphics
7.1 Azalia High Definition Audio
DVDR Multi Burner
56K Internal Modem
Built in Gigabit LAN & 54g Wireless LAN

Relevancy 41.71%

Any body help me find good laptops for gaming..it should be dell

Personally, I'd stay away from Dell; they have a bad track record when it comes to support.

If you're looking for OEM companies, Asus is the best in my opinion; their laptops are reasonably priced and come with some pretty good components.

If you want to try something different, go with a system builder; XoticPC is pretty good according to reviews. I've talked with their customer support and they are fantastic. They'll help you make a pretty good build, and their prices are not too crazy. They're a bit more expensive than other system builders, but the extra price is worth the great support and reassurance that what you get has been quality tested, will work to your satisfaction and also give you a great warranty.

If you're steadfast about Dell, then go with the XPS series and get at least a 15 inch laptop; anything less than that is not gonna do you justice in the parts nor the screen resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.172048/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys!
I have been looking fr a new gaming laptop and found this one: Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: 15.6 inches, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

What do you guys think about this Dell gaming laptop? - I have readed a lots og reviews, and at the end this reviews from laptoporacle.com convinced me that I should buy this Dell Inspiron!

Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: 15.6 inches, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD - LaptopOracle

I have found a good price on amazon but do you guys have a better idea of which laptop I should buy than this one for $ 799?

Greeting,

Jack Woodwild

A:What do you think about this gaming laptop

Welcome to Techist

Did you read the review you linked? I think it answers your question already.

Quote:

- Dreadful screen
- Inconsistent game performance

I'd say from those first 2 cons, find another notebook

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/what-do-you-think-about-gaming-laptop-276323/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am looking for a nice gaming laptop within for about $1000. I would prefer 512 video memory (not shared), 3 or 4 gigs of RAM, a 2.2 Ghz duo core processor or faster, and a hard drive running at 7200 rpm. I found this one http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668156.php?tab=specs, but I am afraid that there are some little details about buying a gaming laptop that I am missing. Is this a good laptop or should I look elsewhere?

A:gaming laptop

If you want the Gateway laptop, go ahead. But I would recommend also looking at the Dell XPS series. They offer some great budget computers, and very decent power too!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.736114/
Relevancy 41.71%

Guys,

Can anyone tell me how good this GPU is for gaming laptop, what its expected performance in games. Can i run BF3 on high for example:

GPU: 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M

I'm struggling to find any information on the internet such as reviews and comparisons especially FPS?

Thanks.
Never.

You should compare the laptop to the system requirements of any game you want to play. It's always a good idea to buy above the minimum, as high as possible, so that the laptop will not be obsolete when the next games come out.

But laptops in general are not meant for gaming. They are designed for portability and low energy use. Some exceptions exist, like Alienware and Origen PC.

See here: Top 10 Gaming Laptops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.1086197/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I was looking at getting a laptop for gaming. I play games like L4D, CSS, TF2, and others and was just wondering what would be a good gaming laptop that won't be outdated in a couple of years but won't cost alot of money. I am in Canada and would prefer someone to link me to a Canadian site with Canadian products. And also what brand is best for laptops?
Thanks

A:Best gaming laptop.

Most likely i would try alien ware....
their products are very reliable, and not always as expensive as you may think as long as you don't go overboard.
http://www.alienware.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-laptop.769809/
Relevancy 41.71%

Between Lenovo IdeaPadY500 and MSI GE40 20C-009UC which one is comfortable for Gaming in high graphic?
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500

MSI GE40 2OC-009US
Check the original source of this two computer here

A:Laptop for Gaming

Welcome to seven Forums Deborah.

Based on these reviews, I'd definitely go with the Lenovo, much less money and and the only con is short battery life, while the MSI they say gets very hot.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

MSI GE40 2OC-009US Review & Rating | PCMag.com

The MSI machine does have better hardware though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321285-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys i need a laptop for gaming. AMD or Intel anything is ok. My Max budget is 65000 Rs INR ie 1444$ . Pls help me to select a good one.

A:Need a laptop for gaming

I would prefer Alienware

Alienware Gaming Laptops | Dell | Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/46119-need-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey Im entertaining the idea of purchasing a gaming/video editing rig laptop with ok specs, I know Lenovo pumped out the y700 with a sub 970 Graphics card, and Asus seems decent with it's G series, 551. Price point below $2,000. Can anyone chime in and offer some tips?

I've got a Lenovo Y50-70 (the 2.6 GHz to 3.6GHz variant), and it handles intense graphics and calculations (molecular dynamics) pretty well - of course not as good as a full-rigged desktop would. I'd recommend a Lenovo of an equal or higher specification since I've got one, but I can't speak for Asus.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/395255-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hey so i'm going to college soon and im looking for a good laptop. Price range max is 1200-1400... MAXX!! preferably less.... I'd like it to be able to run games and do pretty much everything. It doesn't have to be one of those extreme alienware laptops though because im not really a gamer... I'd just like it to be able to run some simple games if i wanted to play them. such as spore or other games... but i'd still like it to be fast and be able to run those games, not necessarily with perfect clarity or on the highest graphics levels.

Relevancy 41.71%

do any of you know any decent laptops that would be good for gaming (i don't excatly mean doom 3, but more morrowind-ish) that fall inbetween 1,000$ and 1,500$?

if not, then what should i look for in the ram, the processor and the graphics system? thanks! btw, i like both AMD and Intel so i don't play favorites.

A:a gaming laptop for under 1,500$???

dell, gateway, hp, toshiba all offer decent laptops at that price. look for the video card to have 64mb video ram, preferably 128. a Pentium 4 processor or AMD XP with HT. 512 mb ram. preferably 1 gig. dell is the 5150. just look around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-gaming-laptop-for-under-1-500.258186/
Relevancy 41.71%

I got employee of the month at my work so they're giving me my choice of laptop from the vendors they work with. Basically I can choose a top of the line laptop from Dell, Compaq, HP, or Toshiba. Any thoughts on which is currently the best laptop out there for gaming??

A:Best Gaming Laptop?

I think all those are good makes of computer. If it is mainly for games then look at the graphics set up in them and then go for the fastest one with most memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-laptop.95325/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys would this laptop be good for $950

processor type CORE I5-2410
processor speed 2.3GHZ
L2 cache size n/a
system memory 6 GB DDR3 RAM
hard drive capacity 750 GB
drives included LightScribe super multi DVD Double layer
screen size 15.6
screen type BrightView wide screen
video memory 1 GB
video/graphic chip BUILT IN

A:Gaming laptop?

Do you know the actual name/model of the graphic chip?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.166819/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I've been searching for a decent laptop for uni which I'll be using for almost everything, including occasional games.

I was wondering whether these laptops would suffice for playing demanding games such as COD:MF2...
https://www.staples.co.uk/technolog...ghtview-display-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Asus_X5DAB-SX028V_Windows_7_Laptop_X5DAB-SX028V/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5738G_Laptop_LX.PEX02.045/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5740G_Laptop_LX.PMF02.061/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_R522-JS01UK_Laptop_NP-R522-JS01UK/version.asp
Would there be much difference between them?

Many Thanks,
-UNR3ALXV

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.910600/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey there friendly folks I'm looking for a nice gaming laptop I'm going to start at a university in August and I gaming Looking laptop to buy need a laptop because of the mobility My budget lies at around euro maximum I'm unsure about this though if I can get a lot of extra durability in terms of how long the GPU will last for gaming for Looking to buy gaming laptop a bit Looking to buy gaming laptop more money then I could Looking to buy gaming laptop raise my budget a bit keep in mind that euro thus doesn't mean I necessarily want to spend that much The GTX and will be released soon and I'm wondering if this might result in a price drop and if there will be mobile laptop versions of these cards Because in that case I'd like to wait a bit instead of buying one now to see if prices might drop What I'm looking for quot or quot screen x minimum Nvidia GPU GTX or up preferably Intel i or i CPU haswell or up preferably Atleast TB HDD Preferably atleast GB SSD not required Windows Atleast GB Ram HDMI port Atleast USB ports All other specs I don't really care all that much about but maybe I'm forgetting something It might seem like a long list but it just comes down to 'a nice gaming laptop' hahaha About the screen I'm unsure what size to choose A friend of mine has a quot MSI and when I look at it it doesn't look all that big but I'm worried that it might be a hassle to take it to university every day and if the tables there will be big enough hahaha So a quot might be a safer bet But I don't care all that much A few of my friends recently bought MSI laptops and they seem really great There aren't a lot of gaming laptop brands and alienware and razer are awfully overpriced Asus has some gaming notbooks laptops but I don't know what the quality of those are The Asus brand doesn't sound very good to me I don't know why I am currently using a Samsung Ativ Book which has suprised me a lot I don't think highly of Samsung and thats an understatement but this one is really performing much better than expected haha But it's time to move on to something better Any advice would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Christian SirBaas

A:Looking to buy gaming laptop

If you can, look into Eurocom to see what you can get for your budget. They have some good laptops and are fully upgradable usually.

Other than that, I've had 2 MSI's and loved 'em. Asus G75 and up series are good and get really good reviews so they're also an option.

IMO I wouldn't really go Alienware or Razer, because like you said they're fairly overpriced for what they are.

The MSI's (and Asus that I had) were all 17" and it was nice for a gaming laptop. You can always hook up a larger display, but for mobile gaming, 17" IMO is plenty fine. One thing you'll definitely want is A GOOD BACKPACK! I carried around 17" gaming laptops for 3 years at college...and I can't stress enough at getting a good / comfortable backpack. Spend the cash to get one with plenty of pockets/storage (you'll be carrying a power brick with you for sure), for laptop, books, accessories.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/looking-buy-gaming-laptop-277614/
Relevancy 41.71%

Are laptops good for gaming. Thinking to buy my son one. He doesn't have room for a full size computer. Like to keep under $700.00.

thanks,

Bob

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey I m looking to buy a new mid range laptop for gaming Mainly just LOL at the moment and I know both of these would handle it fine but I m wondering which would be the best performing laptop so if anyone can help me out that d be cool - http www trademe co nz Browse Listing aspx id Cpu- Processor Intel Core i Gen M Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz MB L cache FSB duel core Ram- gb Graphics card- Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT gaming? Which for laptop would better be M MB Dedicated Graphics supporting Which laptop would be better for gaming? Microsoft Direct X - http www trademe co nz Browse Listing aspx id Cpu-The Lastest rd generation Intel Core i - QM Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz quad core Ram- gb Graphcs card- NVIDIA GeForce GT M - GB Dedicated Video Ram Basically has the better gfx card but it is only a duel core with a worse processor Either one has more Which laptop would be better for gaming? than enough ram I m wondering if laptop with the better processor aswell as being a quad core will out perform when it comes to gaming even though it has a better gfx card due to it being a duel core with the worse processor Any help and advice is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Which laptop would be better for gaming?

Both of those graphics cards are low-end and pretty lame, so you won't be going much hardcore gaming.

Option 2 is better for you, though, IMO. I think LoL is more CPu dependent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-laptop-would-be-better-for-gaming.188003/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area but it seemed best suited.

I am looking to buy a laptop for games. My budget is around $1400. I was thinking about getting an alienware m14x that is essentially the middle one on their website and thought I should get a more expert opinion before making such a large purchase. If anyone has any suggestions about what laptop to get or how to build the m14x the best I can on my budget it'd be very much appreciated.

Fjork

A:Looking to buy a gaming laptop

Hello Fjork and welcome to the forums

I'm not familiar with the m14x, but I'll have a look at the specs and reviews now.

Have you considered a gaming desktop at all? Just to confirm, so I can look at prices etc., are you from the states?

The m14x is highly customisable so it would help us if you told us the specs you were thinking about getting

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/296508-looking-buy-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I was looking to get another pc and I was thinking of getting a laptop or "desktop replacement." I've been looking around at all the custom sites like adk and puget and I'm not really sure what to look for. I've also been looking at those Dell XPS laptops. Basically what I'd like to know is a) what's the difference between the different processors available b) what should I look for in a graphics card and c) how do I know I'm getting a good deal. As far as graphics go, I'm looking to play next-gen stuff like UT2k7 and whatever else's coming out in the near future. Thanks in advance for any info.

A:Looking for gaming laptop

in my opinion... Alienware makes the only "real" gaming laptop. I say this because they use desktop CPUs (Athlon64 FX and Athlon64 X2), where as other so-called "gaming laptops" such as the Dell XPS models use the Intel Pentium-M CPU. Athlon64 CPU's by design are superior to Pentiums... especially when it comes to gaming.

To sujest anything for you however, we need to know how much you are willing to spend.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to realize that laptops are generally not upgradeable (except for adding RAM, or a mini-pci card). So what may be a top-of -the-line laptop today, will still be a nice machine in 2 years.... but will not be able to play the newest games anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-gaming-laptop.445766/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Best-gaming-laptop/td-p/3474048
Relevancy 41.71%

So... I have about $1500 to spend on a decent gaming laptop but I'm not sure what I should get. I know I want Blu-Ray, 18" screen with 1920x1080, able to play crysis, unreal tournament 3, sins of a solar empire, sims 2 and also be able to watch full screen movies from places like tudou.com. I kinda like the Sony VAIO AW series but want to know if there was a laptop with a tad bit better processor.

Maybe the Gateway P-7801u. It has a 1920 by 1200 screen, and a 9800M GTS graphics card, which beats the VAIO. There's no blu-ray, but you could get an external drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.124773/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys! I am looking for a gaming laptop that would be handle games like BF3, TF2, L4D2, Etc. but I am having trouble finding out what would be the best computer for the lowest price. I need some suggestions! The cheaper the better and the appeal is important to me. I would like to be able to run the games listed above with like 60+ fps. Please leave some suggestions

A:Gaming laptop under $1,000

Option 1:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A

Has a GTX660M, 8GB of RAM, 3rd Gen i7, and a 1080P display. It comes with Windows 8 since the Windows 7 ones are gone. I wouldn't recommend this at this moment since last week there were 2 other models with a 500GB HDD @7200rpms, which is what you want, not 5400RPM. They are sold out though, maybe they will replenish for xmas since revenues will be released for Q4 soon, or maybe not. Also the 660M may struggle at 60fps on BF @ 1080p, it will play high at constant 40-50 fps (guessing from past experience but not completely sure)

Option 2:
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=9

Chose from the configuration you would like. This is MUCH more custimizable and they are great laptops, I would recommend this more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-under-1-000.188178/
Relevancy 41.71%

My old laptop finally went "kaput", now I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I've been looking into some Alien Ware computers, but they seem to have a lot of negative sides to them (from the reviews I've been reading that is).

Would any of you have any recommendations?

I was looking to spend no more than $1300.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop for about £800 and so far i've come across these two systems.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-062-AC
&
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/range.html?t=nb&c=gaming&r=X55
Now the version from Overclockers seems to have everything i want while the one at Novatech will need an OS adding to it and the hard drive upgraded which will cost another £100 on the listed price.

So as you can see the Novatech system will cost more but thats not what i'm really fussed with, I want to know which system will be best for gaming and video editing. If you have another system that you think i should look at then please link it.

Thanks guys. MDK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.844503/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,   I just ordered the following laptop off of Amazon: Newest 2016 Acer 15.6" 1080P Gaming Laptop / 16GB RAM / Latest Intel i5 6200U (2.80GHz Turbo) / Nvidia 940M Graphics / 1TB Hard Drive      The model shows B01DOU2LPE  but I cannot find this on the website.  Any information on this?  It has a great price and a good review.   Thanks  Mark

A:New Gaming Laptop

Search for the E series Acer models. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/New-Gaming-Laptop/td-p/441966
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi people.

I am here again in need of your help. You guys always steer me well.

I am looking for a laptop. It will be used for writing (Word). However, I will be using it for gaming. I won't play the latest games, but I want it to be able to play some of the good games. Budget £400-£600.

I like Lenovo thinkpads. So much choice, some of the graphic cards look weak. Not sure what to get. Dell?

A:Laptop for gaming - £400-£600

I recommend the £579 option on this page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-for-gaming-%C2%A3400-%C2%A3600.124832/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am getting a laptop for college and was wondering what is the best I can get for the price range of $900-$1300. I've been looking, but am having a hard time determining what will run the games I want since they are compared based on desktop configurations. I really want to be able to play the games Elder Scrolls: Oblivian, F.E.A.R., WoW, and Half-Life 2.

Thx for any help

A:Gaming Laptop Help

unfortunately Laptops designed with gaming in mind are very expensive. Alienware makes some and so does ABS. But they charge an arm and a leg for them. What you have to look at is what the system requirements are for the games and then look for a laptop that meets or exceeds those requirements. A budget of $1300 is not a lot I am afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-help.466566/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
I am Tara Covell.
I have think to buy a good gaming monitor under $900. I like to playing online games regularly. So, would you tell me best gaming monitor which enhancing my gaming experience.
I have seen some articles. I see the Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop(6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10) under $900. 
So, tell me "it is good enough or not".

As long as you realize that for under $1,000, you're going to be buying  a compromise between gaming and price, it's a decent system.  It will absolutely NOT allow you to play high-hardware-demand games without reducing the video settings -- the 960M is a capable chip but it's low-end these days where gaming is concerned.  
If you're looking for top-level gaming, double your budget for a notebook OR buy a desktop system.  $900 can buy or build a very capable gaming desktop with a very good 970 or 10xx GPU in it -- an order of magnitude better than any notebook available at that price point.
The rule of two still applies - a $900 notebook will give you the performance of a $450 desktop, or looked at the other way, you'll pay $1,800 or more for a notebook that gets you what a $900 desktop does.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996899
Relevancy 41.28%

Okay so I am ready to purchase a nice little gaming laptop I am looking for something that Gaming laptop advice will be a sturdy replacement for my desktop but offer mobility Here s my list of requirements Has to have a backlit keyboard Decent video card minimum GTX or equivalent quot Screen size with a resolution of x or x preferred Bland looks solid case Something you can bring into a professional environment Im strongly leaning towards a Toshiba Qosmio X but I m not liking the fact that it s restricted to the paint job with red Gaming laptop advice accents plus the body looks kinda weak flimsy I don Gaming laptop advice t like the way the ASUS laptops look I hate the fact that the body extends past the screen The MSI laptops look decent as well I d get a MacBook Pro if they had better video cards Also I even thought about building my own from a barebone system but I cant find any place that sells laptop parts CPU s Video Cards Thanks for everyone s Gaming laptop advice input nbsp

A:Gaming laptop advice

Have you looked at these:
http://www.alienware.com/Landings/promotions.aspx?ST=gaming%20laptops&dgc=ST&cid=42326&lid=1082884&acd=stVsxosdm,12666825835,901pdb6671

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-advice.178061/
Relevancy 41.28%

how would a laptop with these specs:
Intel dual-core 1.46ghz
1GB DDR2 667
Intel GMA X3100
120GB

compare to:
Intel Celeron D 305 2.66ghz 256kb cache
Nvidia Geforce 6200 128mb DDR2 agp8X
1Gb PC3200 400mhz Ram
2X 40gb
(my current desktop)

I know neither one will be able to play any games from about 2004-present, but if you had to choose if one were better/worse which one? how much better/worse?
thanks

A:cheap gaming laptop

Well the laptop is faster than the desktop ones cause it has a dual-core cpu, and a faster ram speed, but laptops are mostly not really good for gaming, and it depends which game your going to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cheap-gaming-laptop.674185/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello! I would like to see the comments and reviews all of you guys can share about gaming laptops, since I'm planning to buy a Laptop for this purpose in the coming months I'll appreciate if you can say which is in your opinion one of the best brands (and not overpriced) for gaming.

I've keep my eye on the Dell XPS but I believe they are so expensive when you really add the customize good stuff to those. I've seen the ASUS have some good models for gaming, HP web site allows you to customize a decent gaming laptop without being so expensive, and there's also Fujitsu which some models include the ATI HD2600 which I believe is pretty good.

Please leave your comments about it. Thanks!

A:Best Brand for Gaming Laptop

Neither of the above brands. Check out www.KillerNoteBooks.com for the best gaming laptops available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-brand-for-gaming-laptop.86849/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi For past couple weeks my laptop would randomly restart without anywarning while gaming non graphic intensive game I played for months and it was just happend out of no where a week ago or so After I unchecked the restart on system failure box the computer only freezes I have NOT Restarts while gaming. Laptop seen any BSOD Ive tried a few things ill Laptop Restarts while gaming. list ina sec What really gets me is that I was using my desktop to game and it was fine for about days and now tdoay its started doing the same thing My laptop is about years old and the desktop is only about months old I doubt a power supply is failing on a new month old desktop Ive done a windows hardware check on normal settings via the F key on startup no findings Ive blown out all the dust from the computers fan Ive taken out each of my RAM sticks are started computer with each one seperatly started up fine My computers temp hangs around - Celsius I ve done Laptop Restarts while gaming. Virus checks and scans Using MSE atm got rid of AVG free and Spybot and only using MSE and MALWARE by anti-malware Updated my audio driver ALSO There are is no minidump folder file Nothing comes up in the windows search for it I promise Im not making any typos ect Theyre only dmp files that cannot be found when i click on them from a long time ago Heres my laptops specs http speccy piriform com results X MvfizTcLJdh X in the Event viewer on the Critical Kernal dub events heres the codes C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x Any help is very very appreciated Im not great with computers so Thank you

A:Laptop Restarts while gaming.

hmmm I was just thinkin on my desktop it had updated windows the night before. Gonna try restoring the laptop to the previous one and see if it changes anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-restarts-while-gaming-634327.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok guys, I now want to buy a laptop for gaming,....dont need that extreme gaming need...just dont want to lag my a** off. So do you think ill be able to buy a descent gaming computer with 500-750 dollers? And what should i look for? Like the graphics...how do i check if the onboard graphics are good or not? thx guys yall the best.