Windows Support Forum

Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues

Q: Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues

Hi folks I ve been having a huge number of problems with my computer over the past couple years I bought it in it s a Dell XPS Studio all still with stock parts including Intel Core i other goes Screen high sound loop, issues temps, black, gb ddr nvidia geforce gt dell motherboard My main problem I Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues can t do anything that uses Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues the gpu even very minimally for more than minutes before the screen goes black and the last moment of sound loops I used to assume this was just the gpu overheating from not having dusted the internals in some time I cleaned it out and the same problem occurs I checked my temps on speedfan and they are absolutely abnormally high As you can see it s not just my GPU Every temp is out of control I m not even sure what to make of Fan RPM Does that mean the fan is installed but not working I understand that quality can deteriorate over time but this was all stock from dell and I haven t touched a thing other than installed some older HDDs - i wouldn t expect everything to be so wacky And even sometimes when I clean it those secondary HDDs are no longer detected even if the connections are in place This is a huge nuisance and I don t know if it s a host of problems or if there is a single root cause Any suggestions edit i feel this should be in hardware oops nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Screen goes black, sound loop, high temps, other issues

You can request to have the thread moved to Hardware by a moderator using the 'Report' button

I am not a big fan of speedfan personally, but your temps do look a bit on the high side assuming those readings were taken when the machine was idle? Give HWMonitor a try, take a screenshot of it just after you first turn the machine on without doing any tasks, then leave HWMonitor running and start a game up, run the game for a minute or so (hopefully without a crash) then exit and screenshot HWMonitor again. Post the two screenshots in a reply here.

What extra HDDs have you installed? Additional HDDs can affect air flow and impact temps.
Can you give us the Dell Service Tag number of the machine?
What operating system are you using?
Is the OS and all the drivers fully patched and up to date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-sound-loop-high-temps-other-issues.1109871/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently bought a Laptop with an unknown OS (I forget the name, but it wasn't windows) and had to format it, and afterwards got Windows 7 working on it. For some reason, I'm not getting any wifi, help please

A:Issues with WIFI on new PC

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm able to connect to the internet with a cord, just not getting wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-wifi-on-new-pc.217367/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have recently purchased a new HP Ultrabook Folio1040. After few days of use I noticed I could hear a clicking noise comming from my laptop, this noise you can only hear if the room is silent. any idea ?

I have replaced a new Sandisk 256 gb SSD hard drive with 128 ssd. is it normal to hear this sound ? speakers are on mute.

but sound only comes when I move my laptop ...when it is on flat surface the sound sometimes stops sometimes keep coming slowly. Thanks in advance.

A:HP Ultrabook Folio1040 Clicking Sound

Does the "click" sound only happen when you are moving the mouse or scrolling the wheel or anything (Basically, doing anything on the computer?)

If so the processor could just have a small click sound coming as it's processing, I've noticed this with a few system but most don't do it.

You say it has an SSD and not a HDD, so it shouldn't be the hard drive making the noise as there's no physical parts moving, it operates similarly to RAM. Otherwise I would see if it sounds like it's coming from where the Fan is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-ultrabook-folio1040-clicking-sound.208815/
Relevancy 18.49%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi guys Recently I ve been having trouble connecting to my mobile phones WiFi hotspot with my laptop I can connect to the hotspot with any other device such as the tablet I m using now and I can also connect to any other WiFi using my laptop The problem appears to exist purely between my laptop and my phone When issues hotspot Mobile attempting to connect it will begin authenticating and then disconnect offering me the troubleshooter Sometimes there is a small volume of packet transfer but not often I have tried disabling and reenabling all of my network adaptors to no avail and I m somewhat at a loss of what to do Mobile hotspot issues next The phone in question is a Motorola razr I if that helps but I have to point out that it worked flawlessly Mobile hotspot issues until recently I suspect the culprit may Mobile hotspot issues be hamachi as it had very recently been installed onto my computer at the time and it appears to be a known trouble maker But I still don t understand why no other problems have arisen Hamachi has been uninstalled but the problem persists Any suggestions or ideas that could help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time guys Mencil nbsp

A:Mobile hotspot issues

What OS is on the Laptop and which Firewall are you using?

The problem appears to exist purely between my laptop and my phone. When attempting to connect it will begin authenticating and then disconnect, offering me the troubleshooter.Click to expand...

huh? Connecting how: Bluetooth, Infra Red? The WiFi adaptors of both the phone and the laptop are never going to connect, unless you're attempting peer-to-peer which has limited utility.

If you're connecting via a router, then the PC is not the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-hotspot-issues.194092/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 16.34%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello, Im using Medion Akoya laptop, win 7 32bit.. The problem started 4-5 months ago when sound just stopped after a few minutes of use, and as time passed sound worked shorter and shorter, a month ago it worked just so I could hear the windows starting sound, and it stopped after a few secs.. Now I cant even hear it.. But when I plug in headphones or other speakers it works.. I tried reinstalling windows, playing with the drivers and sound options in device manager, tried everything I could find on google.. But either its my low understanding of what people say or just a different problem (I never found a post that had the SAME problem as me).. Please help me if u can, I want to sell my laptop and I cant do that like this..

A:Laptop sound problem

Update : I installed the soundcard drivers that I found for this exact laptop, uninstalled drivers that were installed with windows update, installed the driver I downloaded, system sounds worked properly untill I went to youtube and watched a video for like 30 secs.. then it just stopped like it used to when this problem first showed up..
Also I noticed that when laptop goes to saving mode, or whatever(screen goes black) like a black screen saver, and when I move the mouse a bit to wake it and continue the video, it has sound, but stops after a while again..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sound-problem.216439/
Relevancy 18.49%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-issues-updated-statement-regarding-radeon-r9-fury-x-noise-problems.216306/
Relevancy 23.65%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 23.65%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hello,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 9400.

For a few years now the left half of the screen is really dark, with the other side normal brightness and a noticeable divide between the two. This only happens when the power supply is plugged in, the screen is fine when running off the battery.

I remember at the time doing a quick search and reading that it was likely to be a faulty battery, so that was replaced but didn't make a difference. Very few searches come back with an exact match of my situation, but keep seeing to detach the LCD cables and make sure they're in good condition yet haven't seen any success stories.

Does anyone know the problem?

Oli

A:Dell Inspiron half of the screen is dark

Does attaching an external monitor show the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-half-of-the-screen-is-dark.187509/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All,
Let me start by describing my setup. I have my desktop computer connected to my ultra 4k tv via a 20 ft hdmi cable. A couple of days ago I noticed that when I play a video file from my computer the sound is skipping and popping. However, when I play a pc game on the tv using the same setup the sound is fine. When I watch the same file on my computer it works perfectly, so I know it isn't the video file. Also, I tried a different hdmi cable and the problem persists, so I know it isn't the cable. Prior to this new problem everything was working fine. I have reinstalled my video cards drivers, but this didn't fix the problem.

My computer:
msi motherboard
processor: Intel core i5 - 3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
System Type: 64 - bit operating system (windows 7 ultimate)
display adapter: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

My TV:
Vizio 43" ultra 4k tv

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

A:Sound is skipping

Have you tried to hook it up to another television via the HDMI cable and see if the problem persists? What program (software) do you use to watch the videos? I personally like VLC media player, because you can adjust the sound timing if needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-skipping.213543/
Relevancy 24.08%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
the following are the specs of my computer:
Asus P8Z77-V- LX2 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600CPU @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM DDR3 668.5MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I lag on almost every single game, including League of Legends, Maple Story, DotA 2. Most of these does not lag on my low-mid end laptop and I find it very annoying why has it been lagging on my PC. I thought it was a faulty graphics card back then when I had the ATI 6970M graphics card then I upgraded to the GTX 780Ti and it still lags.

I notice miracle happens when I was using my 6970M graphics card, whenever I uninstall and re install the driver of the graphics card at the "Manage my computer" program, the lag disables and I am able to play all games with no lag. However, after restarting, the lag resumes and I must repeat the same step to remove the lag. However, with my GTX 780Ti, it does not work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-pc-lag-while-gaming.213241/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Vista Home Premium bit pc sp I have an audio problem The audio usually works perfect This is the second time in monts external sound from No speakers that for some reason it just doesn t get thru the speakers Although they sound like they are working perfect I have external speakers and the LED light is on to show the power is on If I turn the speaker on off it appears the sound is excellent On the speaker icon in the taskbar there is no red line through it All volumes appear fine When I right click speaker icon left click playback devices there is one icon quot speakers quot Realtek High Definition Audio checkmarked quot working quot Everything on the bottom is greyed out There is no yellow warnings under device manager When I click on sound it says quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot Right clicking for properities bring up the device is working properly The light is lit on my networks card is that what it s called My sister used the headphones a few days ago and said No sound from external speakers there hasn t been sound since although when I plugged them in there was no sound thru the headphones OR the speakers Speakers ARE working Attached is the DxDiag file My sister thanks you a million in advance for any instructions we can follow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-external-speakers.212794/
Relevancy 18.49%

I went back to a restore point .Now I have no playback device other than my headset . It has sound on my headset but not through the speakers.and this comp. has a built in speaker and used to play, when I go to device manager under sound,I see my headset and 4 Nvidia High Definition Audio nothing wrong with any of it..I tried to update the drivers but it said they were all updated ... what am I missing?

A:Sound from headset but not speakers

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-from-headset-but-not-speakers.186739/
Relevancy 21.5%

My usb keyboard and mouse stop working for abt 30 sec or so when I put my phone in charging mode with one of my usb ports...will it be safer to get a usb sound card or an internal pci sound card?.I prefer the usb sound card for its portability;especially if I shift to notebook platform. but I am worried about not getting enough juice through the usb port to power the sound amplifier since I have connected quite a number of devices on existing usb ports.. choices are either,'asus xonar DG' internal pci sound card or 'creative sound blaster play 2 usb sound card'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-sound-card-or-internal-pci-sound-card.212527/
Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

@shawn
I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-specs-for-upcoming-intel-skylake-cpus-reveal-high-clock-rates-95w-tdp-and-more.212186/
Relevancy 18.92%

Okay Everyone This time I'm really not sure if this is in the right forum.

My new Laptop sounds, to me, like transistor radio when I play music.
Sure it has Dolby. But. With two tiny speakers on the bottom, it doesn't
seem to help much
Today I fixed the problem. I plugged in the sound system I used on my desktop PC.
2 XA3021 Altec Lansing speakers, with a matching Altec Lansing XA3021 sub woofer.
I've had them for about 10 years now, and they still sound really good.
Here's my question. Does the Dolby that comes with the Laptop only work with the built in speakers
or does it extend to my Altec Lansing speakers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-quality.212213/
Relevancy 24.94%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 45.58%

It's been a long time since I last posted on this forum but this has been stumping me as of late.

I have a Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer liquid cooling loop for a while and lately they have been acting up. I noticed that my temperatures on idle could sometimes go up as high as 80 celcius, which is absolutely not right.

This happened after I serviced my machine, and I think I bumped the liquid cooling around in the process of it. I noticed however, if I keep knocking my radiator on the side, the reported temperatures get cooler, and I notice that I can feel the hot air being dissipated from the fins (previously cool). The thing though is that after leaving it for a while again, the fins don't seem to dissipate anything, and the cpu temps start rising again.

I have a feeling that there are air bubbles getting stuck in the loop somewhere, but I have no idea how to get them out or at least out of the way in a closed loop.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

A:Water Cooling Loop issues

Remove the cooling pad from the CPU. Make sure that the top of the CPU is clean. Apply new heatsink compound if it is used and re-assemble

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/water-cooling-loop-issues.210641/
Relevancy 15.48%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all So I got G today from an online webstore today I ve been using a super old button logitech back-up mouse since my G died I ll describe my procces thus far Plugged in G when computer was on No sign of life windows tries to install a driver fails Device manager lists the G under Other devices with a yellow triange telling me no driver is installed Then went to logitech com to download the drivers and support software LGS LGS being the Logitech Gaming Software utillity that is the only downloadable support from logitech com fails to recognize my mouse just the G keyboard I Logitech issues G502 connection/recognition mouse have Tried the troubleshooting option of rebooting and re-installing the LGS no dice However the G does light up during booting up Booted the computer with the backup mouse unplugged and the G plugged in It works cursor movement left right click no advanced buttons for - mins before going back Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues to the Device fail to install and the Device Manager placing it under other devices etc Plugged my backup back in tried manually updating drivers in the Device manager selecting it as a Mice and other pointing devices type of device and choosing the drivers from LGS drivers LGSHidFilter tried all subfolders of drivers but this one was the only one that held any inf files the Device Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues manager recognised as a good drivers Selected the g driver No G driver was listed only a G s It tried to install but gave the error Device could not start code After reading threads in the logitech forum tried the FWUpdate a firmware update for the g option but installer tells me to connect my mouse before proceeding Even though my mouse IS plugged in Plugging it in and out doesnt help As for now im at my wits end I even tried borrowing someones g mouse and encoutered much the same issues All I can think of is to race from booting up with just the G plugged in to either the FWUpdate or the manual install from the device manager and see if the install goes through when it still works Seems rather unlikely and a silly way to go about things I hope anyone with similar issues can help me out any advice is super appreciated P S oh using Win ultimate bit nbsp

A:Logitech G502 mouse connection/recognition issues

I just fixed this exact problem on my Win7 Media Center x64. It's a bit convoluted, but the core of the issue is Windows not recognizing the device type properly. What you have to do is open up Device Manager and assign the drivers for Windows. This should fix the mouse.

Head into Device Manager and click View up top. Choose Devices by Connection. You'll see why in a second.
Expand the top entry until you find a PCI Bus. Expand that, then expand all the USB Host Controllers. One of them should have an entry for G502 Gaming Mouse under it.
Right click it and select Update Driver Software, then Browse My Computer for Driver Software. Now click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
Go down to USB Devices and install it as a USB Composite Device. The mouse should light up. Nice! It still doesn't work, though.
Now there'll be two more entries underneath the USB Composite Device, both of which should be G502 Gaming Mouse. Right click one and go back to the list of device drivers. This time go to Human Interface Devices and select USB Input Device for each of them. A bunch of new devices should populate beneath each USB Input Device, one of which should be HID-Compliant Mouse. Your mouse should now work!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g502-mouse-connection-recognition-issues.205348/
Relevancy 15.48%

I am having an intermittent issue with my screen not waking up. It goes to sleep after 10 minutes normally but just occasionally it doesn't come back on. usually I have to reboot the pc. I tried a different monitor which worked fine, when I reconnected my normal monitor it also worked fine. The monitor power light flashes to indicate its in sleep mode but doesn't want to wake despite moving mouse or pressing keyboard. The graphics card is only a couple of months old and the screen is over 5 years old.
This problem only happens maybe once a month, the rest of the time it works as normal. Any suggestions gratefully received.

A:Intermittent blank screen

First, are you doing anything specific when this occurs, I.e. a particular game, video rendering, etc.? Second, is there dust build-up in your system? Check especially your video card fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-blank-screen.209381/
Relevancy 15.91%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello guys I have not been here in awhile but I hope there s someone out there PS4 Firewalled Xbox One issues NAT Double - and (Modem/Router) that can help shed some light on the issue I am having Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and it ll all work or at least point me in the right direction Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router) and possibly explain anything I may be overlooking or misunderstanding I have a basic understanding of networking so I can work my way around my routers and modem etc To start a small introductory of my issue as you can see from the title I have an issue getting Open NAT for my PS and Xbox One I have firewalls to go through my network setup is as follows Modem gt Router Router Router Bridged gt Device However I have other Routers in the house that are bridged to extend strengthen signal in different parts of the house I have opened the suggested ports for Xbox One on both my Modem ZyXel P- R-F and my Router TL-WR ND I have not configured any special settings on the bridged routers the PS connects by wire Xbox one by wireless same floor as the main Router I have followed guides on setting both of them up First on Portforward com then found a video for my ZyXel modem and it suggested to disable the Active Firewall and Bypass Triangle Route Also to change the NAT SUA Only changed to it was Lastly it suggested to turn off the Enable SIP ALG setting For my router some suggested to just let UPnP do it s job and disable the Port Forwards Virtual Servers it s called in the settings I have tried with just UPnP and with Port Fowards neither make a difference I even disabled the Port Fowards on the Modem and had UPnP on both but to no avail To clarify something if I use Port Fowarding should I have UPnP off OR will they work in together I have done restarts on all devices router modem Xbox One when any changes have been made On my XBO I have turned it to quot Energy Saving quot mode as I have read in several places that it can effect UPnP negatively if it is in quot Instant On quot mode I have tried to set the Reserved Address in my Router for my XBO as another site video said that having a Static IP set on the XBO can cause problems I have tried the static IP set through the XBO and through the router neither makes a difference On my Router I have several firewall settings that are not mentioned by any guides as to if they should be altered the settings allow me to Disable or Enable All currently enabled Firewall SPI Firewall VPN PPTP Passthrough L TP Passthrough IPSec Passthrough ALG FTP ALG TFTP ALG H ALG RTSP ALG I also tried to set up Port Triggering to see if that would help and set the protocol to ALL for all of them originally set them up to the proper TCP UDP but it wasn t working so I changed it to ALL But that did not work either I am not sure if I am missing any other information feel free to ask for anything I am missing My LAN address for my Modem and Router are different eg Modem and for my Router Will this effect how NAT works or cause my issues Thank you P S I know I have not added any troubleshooting for the PS I do not own it and I want to get one device working before I start fiddling with the next nbsp

A:Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router)

Is there no one out there who's network expertise could help me? Hoping this one bump will get this some attention as I have tried everything possible I can with my setup that I can think of, need some fresh ideas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-one-and-ps4-nat-issues-double-firewalled-modem-router.208494/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 15.48%

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

A:White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 16.77%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-cuts-radeon-r9-290x-price-amid-gtx-970-issues.208450/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey!
I have an Acer that spontaneously decided I no longer needed to play games. Everything else works perfectly fine. It's been doing this for the past few weeks and I've done all that I can. I'm no tech wizard by any means and I need some help. Pretty much it'll open to the load screen for a few moments then disappear back to my home screen. Any ideas on what it could be and what I can do?

These are the specs:
Acer Aspire V5 Touch with Windows 8.1
Aspire V5-V561PG-9683
Model number: Z5WV2

If you need more info let me know, I still have everything for it.

A:Acer Aspire issues; Games no longer work

If you are talking about the games that are loaded by a app. You will need to uninstall the app. Then reinstall the app. I have no ideal why this happens . But I have seen it more then once.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issues-games-no-longer-work.208471/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi there! I'm using HP presario c700 . During few days I'm going to see display is not working properly. I mean I can't see anything without sound, It's display is going to show a black shadow with some scratchs.

Please anyone say something, what should I do?

A:Laptop Screen Problem

Hi there, have you tried hooking up to an external monitor? This will help you determine if it's a problem with the screen or logic board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-problem.208402/
Relevancy 15.91%

After 3 days of not using my pc(due to broken psu) after I replace with a new psu my screen is so dim tried everything from replacing wires,adjusting brightness,replacing hardwares to replacing monitors but the problem still persists I dunno what the problem is can someone help me. thanks in advance

A:Screen too dim

Information needed: Make and Model of computer / motherboard / video card / monitor / etc.
Cannot help if no information is available about what you are using. What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-too-dim.208130/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 15.48%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB laptop and the screen is either black or very dark, sometimes at the right angle you can just see the graphics, This started after the 18mth old son hit the top of the screen yesterday. I have tried adjusting brightness without change, with an external monitor plugged in it works fine, which is OK if I'm working at home but no good when I'm out. I am thinking I'm going to have to change he screen or can you make any other suggestions?

A:Very dark or black laptop screen

Your son has probably damaged or loosened the screen inverter. That is what lights up the screen and is a separate part. It can be found under the screen bezel. I don't think that this will cost much to fix. If you DIY read up about the job first because removing the bezel (frame) needs to be done carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-dark-or-black-laptop-screen.208064/
Relevancy 18.49%

So I recently picked up this monitor for some sweet 144hz gaming. Used it for a while at 144hz and it worked perfectly. Recently hooked up a second monitor and noticed a drop in frames. Went to check my advanced resolution settings and for some reason my monitor had defaulted to 60hz. When I tried to bump it back to 144hz I get this weird flickering/artifacting going on but it works great at 120 hz. I am using the dvi cable that came with the monitor and I'm running a gtx970 overclocked to 1430hz gpu and 7600 hz memory. I get this effect when I default my gpu to it's factory oc settings so I'm not sure what's going on here. Is it my gpu or do I need a new dvi?

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/144hz-refresh-rate-issues-asus-vg278he.208035/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 21.07%

Now I got a new problem on my dell Latitude E6410, I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and instal all upadates, its works fine, but when I plug in or plug out charger pin there is appear total black screen for a moment, I tried power settings and so many things about graphics but fail, if anyone have a solution then tell me, I'll be glad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-black-secreen-on-charging.207887/
Relevancy 36.55%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 18.49%

So, I built a PC years ago and kept a few things from my old unit.
Sound and video card.
Sound card didn't work with the new system so I'm running it onboard. Sounds okay, but I'd like to update it!
Video card is beyond old. Just picked up SimCity for 10 bucks and it looks like crap. Has to play on low settings.

Here's what I have:
Core i7 950 running at 3.07
6MB Ram (thinking of going to 8 here)
64bit OS Windows 7 home premium

ATI Radeon 5450. (NOT HD) I've looked for the card online and can't even find a picture of it.

What should I be looking for in terms of a video card to last me for years to come?
Santa left me a nice check for Xmas so money isn't really an issue!

Here's a pic of the PC (graphics card is taken out from the missing PCIe slot)

A:PC needs some new parts (Graphics and sound)

Wow. Bestselling card on Amazon is $359.99
I wasn't thinking of spending more than $200...I don't game that much and just want a much-needed upgrade!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-needs-some-new-parts-graphics-and-sound.207740/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys my device is hp compaq 6200 pro microtower pc
serial no. : SGH125P585
n product no. : XL504AV

I have inbuilt intel hd graphics n no installed a external one n plannin to upgrade gpu
I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!

I wanna use a mid -range
msi nvidia gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

or
leadtek gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/product/1/697/intro.aspx
will
both d graphics card support my device?????

A:Graphics card issues

rockyrulz said:

I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!Click to expand...

I'd say yes you have a full height card. The half-height is only about 2 inches. If you upgrade your PSU to 550 like you said you would, I see no reasons why you couldn't run a 750. The 750's are not long cards and should fit in your case with ease.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.207671/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a laptop and I'm using Razer Kraken Neon Pro. Microphone takes everything from headset, that I can't play games and talk through skype with my friends. The sound is just too high for them. My brother got Razer Kraken Neon Pro too, but on desktop pc, still the same problem.

Windows 7 my pc, Windows 8 my brother's pc. I have IDT sound device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-is-taking-the-sound-from-my-headset.207735/
Relevancy 18.92%

So this thread is probably going to have a lot of information on it Timeouts Other Network Issues & but please don Timeouts & Other Network Issues t be discouraged I really really need help with some issues I ve been having and if someone could solve this for me that would be amazing So I ve been experiencing timeouts It seems I get timeouts whenever using Timeouts & Other Network Issues some sort of wired connection If I used an ethernet cable connected to my router I would get timeouts in several applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak If I used Wireless I was fine So after lots of troubleshooting I couldn t find a fix so I ve been using Wireless ever since Lately however my wireless has been unusually slow not for everyone in the house just for me So what I did to solve the issue is I setup a D-Link DIR in my room to act as a Wireless Access Point I now get slightly faster speeds and bar connection rather than the bars I was getting previously Now I thought I wouldn t get these stupid timeout errors when connecting to this Wireless Timeouts & Other Network Issues Access Point turns out I still do On Teamspeak for example I will be talking to people and everything will be completely normal I won t lag or anything and then BOOM I get disconnected As I said no lag no warning I just get disconnected It s almost as though my router is randomly cutting me off So what I thought I d do was replace my primary router BoB Lite with the D-Link DIR and then use Wired connection because I assumed that the BoB Lite was causing the timeout issues Now I can t even connect to anything wired I must have changed a setting when troubleshooting or something But now I can t source internet from my laptop ICS and I can t connect to my original or new router wired The only way I can currently get internet is by using the DIR in my room but I still get timeouts when using applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak So yeah multiple issues Firstly if I could just solve the timeouts then that would solve everything I could continue connecting to the modem in my room and everything would be fine OR is there a way I could someone reset all my network settings that I may have messed up when troubleshooting As I can no longer connect to any modem with a wired connection not even the DIR which could have solved the problem If anyone could help me out that would be GREATLY appreciated This is a really annoying issue and I ve tried to troubleshoot it myself for ages now but with no luck IF anything in this thread doesn t make sense to you please tell me and I ll gladly explain myself Additional Summarised Information My primary router is a BoB Lite my ISP is iiNet The modem in my room is a D-Link DIR I m using a NetComm N USB Adapter to connect to Wi-Fi I m using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks very much Innug nbsp

A:Timeouts & Other Network Issues

Get a command prompt
enter PING 8.8.8.8

does that timeout or return timing values?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/timeouts-other-network-issues.207544/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am confused and have no idea where to start... I apologise in advance for the wall of text.

Recently I have been experiencing odd issues with my WiFi router ( at least I think its the router) ZyXel Keenetic Giga II. The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages. For example, I might be able to load google but not any of the search results while at the same time being able to browse reddit on my phone or tablet. The pattern changed constantly and it doesn't seem to affect any particular web pages. Like I said - random. This happens once or twice a week and seems to be increasing in frequency. I have tried rebooting the router. Rolling back to factory settings, changing DNS. With no result. It only resolves itself when it "feels" like it and usually lasts from 5 min to several hours. It is also worth mentioning that I hardly ever use my laptop and most of the browsing and streaming is done using various mobile devices.

Any help in defeating my router would be greatly appreciated.

A:Strange issues with WiFi router

Describe "The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages" in detail please - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issues-with-wifi-router.207497/
Relevancy 35.26%

, I have an amd fx 8320 with an r9 280 with the stock cooler, it's at 3.5 ghz, no overclocking, and I was just browing twitter, facebook etc., I left HWMonitor on and when I came off (20 mins later or so), it said max temp 73 or so?!?!?! During gameplay the fans are louder than a chainsaw... I was looking at getting some decent thermal paste and a 212 evo, but I dont know if that will help. The airflow in thecase is quite poor. I'm too scared to start fiddling around with my case again as I don't want to **** anything up, I'd like to rewire it but again I'm worried I'll **** it up..

A:AMD FX-8320 crazy temps

Do you have plans too or want the future capacity to OC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-fx-8320-crazy-temps.207574/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello So long story short I have had networking issues across the board on my home built desktop for over a year and a half now Basically my Odd Performance -- Fluctuating Issues Wi-Fi internet success fluctuates throughout the day and some programs Especially Origin absolutely fail to reach a fraction of my internet speed Doing speed tests on Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance devices throughout my home network I am receiving a mean download speed of down While my desktop can barely manage to reach down My network adapter works fine I m typing this from my desktop as we speak and I have replaced it a few times I have been looking into this for months so ANY help would be perfect to hear and I can look up any troubleshooting information that could help I ve tried Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance the old common misconception that a faulty DNS server is to blame didn t work as my current ISP Time Warner s DNS server is the best connectivity for my area I ve updated all drivers many times gone through windows settings and tried to tweak with tons of settings and adjust network consumption settings in gpedit So I m wondering what the deal is Like I said it can t be my router or ISP because my other devices work fine and work x as fine I ve tried disabling my firewall as well nothing Could my PC think my network is public and not private and be blocking a lot of traffic Do I need to allow ports for servers to be able to connect with my home network Could there possibly be a setting somewhere in Windows that is doing this to me That is not allowing my internet to go through I would really appreciate help guys I ve looked all over the internet and found lots of other people with the same issues but no one knows what the solution could be Thanks Again for ANY suggestions you can provide nbsp

A:Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance

What are you using for WiFi Router. Are you using rental equipment from TW? Are you using all-in-one device to manage, CATV, Digital Phone, WiFi, Cable/Router/Modem. Do you have anything like that. If so has the ISP sent a hit or firmware patch to this device.

PC with the issue how the desktop connected? Via Ethernet Cable or WiFi.

So you pay for 22 mbps down but seeing only 2 mbps down on your desktop . Have you replaced the anything lately? Have you upgraded that Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wi-fi-issues-fluctuating-performance.207517/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 18.49%

My laptop doesnot load when it is in hibernate or sleep. if I want to load it,I must have refresh mycomputer many times as soon as it boot up!

A:Asus N53SM wake up from sleep issues

This may be caused by a faulty video driver. Check to see if there is a update for the video driver and make sure you have applied all the Windows Updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sm-wake-up-from-sleep-issues.207218/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

A:GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-buzzing-whining-at-very-high-fps.207333/
Relevancy 15.48%

I just purchased screen quot DELL U H quot and a new computer The happy unboxing time turned to a nightmare when the noob I am could not connect the screen to the computer like the guy is doing in the youtube video Thanls Screen Info http accessories us dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku -BBCG What I am trying to do This guy is connecting his screens to each other than to the PC but I am unable to achieve it 3 station configure screen my working Can't My Computer Spec Asus ROG G Desktop PC i Can't configure my 3 screen working station GB TB NVIDIA GTX - CPU Intel Core i - M Cache up to GHz - VGA NVIDIA GTX GD - OS Windows - Memory G DDR MHz - Storage TB SATA G ASUS Can't configure my 3 screen working station westorage years - ODD Blu-Ray X Combo - LAN Mbps - Audio -channel Audio SonicMaster - Card readerN A - Front I O - USB x - Mic Port x - Earphone port x - back I O x RJ LAN x HDMI-Out - x channel Audio - x USB x USB - x Power jack - power supply WAdapter - certificates BSMI CB CE FCC UL CCC Energy Star VCCI Graphic Card Spec http www asus com Graphics Cards GTX PHOC GD specifications nbsp

A:Can't configure my 3 screen working station

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't support Surround (three monitors) via daisy-chaining (the card in the video was AMD Radeon). You might be able to get two monitors to work like that - some sort of DisplayPort MST support was added a while ago because of tiled 4k displays - but to get them all working they need to be plugged to the card directly.

As GTX750 doesn't have proper connectors, you might need to change your graphics card to something that has three DP outputs or 2xDP + HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-3-screen-working-station.206802/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi there guys

I suddenly can't connect to wifi, but the problem is solved when I use the cable, and connect my laptop directly to modem. surprisingly I checked and it seems I can connect with my tablet to wifi spot! I used recovery and system restore point, but it didn't help.

I really appreciate your help.

oh and yes in wireless mode, I can see different wifis, but when I click to connect, it tries "connecting" but fails as well.

A:Investigate router, access point issues

Do you use MS Update in Autoupdate? looking to see if you are 'current'.

get make/model of your WiFI device (see device mgr),
find the version of the existing driver, then
see if you can find a newer version; install it if found.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/investigate-router-access-point-issues.207216/
Relevancy 37.41%

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 C
Graphics
VE205 ([email protected])
VE205 ([email protected])
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

A:2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 19.35%

I had previously posted this on the Virus and Malware Removal forums but after thoroughly running scans etc the problem remained therefore I was advised to post this here I m using Win Been having problems every now and then but have been able to figure them out This one is not getting resolved easily however I am Connectivity Issues having a problem accessing the internet outside of the browser that I utilize Internet works fine in Waterfox and Chrome but not Connectivity Issues in IE Plus the programs installed on my computer don t seem to be able to access the internet either I e I cannot update Malwarebytes Dropbox can t seem to connect uTorrent doesn Connectivity Issues t seem to be able to get through Connectivity Issues either When I run the Windows Network Diagnostics I m getting an error quot Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings quot I have tried all possible solutions mentioned on the Microsoft forums which seem to have worked for others but nothing has worked yet The only thing I seem to have discovered is that if I run safe mode with networking the problem isn t there I was able to update Malwarebytes with no issues I am connected via WiFi previously I had no issues they just popped up a couple of days ago I have tried the netsh commands often mentioned in relation to this automatically detect proxy settings in Internet Options is most certainly enabled and has always been System File Checker has not had any success Sorry for the long post So what should I do I am considering refreshing Win even though updating Office etc again will take a massive chunk out of my limited bandwidth so I would rather use that as a last resort I ve run scans with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and come up with zilch Suggestions It s definitely not a Virus and or Malware Does anyone know any potential solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Connectivity Issues

Could you please provide computer information? Make and model of computer (or) if its custom built, please provide list of parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connectivity-issues.207050/
Relevancy 35.69%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 18.49%

So today out of nowhere, "well previouslly I installed game called "TERA" and after it this started but I unistalled it and it's still the same" when I listen to music, any sounds especially when sounds get louder, sound starts to cracklle, familiar to static but crackle, also when I play games, fps is lower now, it sometimes freezes, crackled when game appears to make sound and etc. Sometimes video card turns off and on bottom right it says "Nvidia bla bal bla has stoped working, reconnected bla bla" I have no idea what that is, I changed my Headphones to other ones, I checked temperature of both CPU and GPU, are both fine 30-50~ as it usually is. Unistalled game that it (might off coincidentally) ruin it but I doubt it was that.
I really need help, reinstalling windows and downloading all the stuff with slow internet again will be pain for me.
p.s I installed new drivers for video card too. PLEASE HELP

A:Sound crackle, game lag

Also this thing crashed out of nowhere too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-crackle-game-lag.205307/
Relevancy 24.94%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 15.48%

So recently my laptop computer s screen has been exhibiting very odd behavior At random times and puslates out Laptop spazzes screen at random intervals the screen will suddenly begin to pulsate and Laptop screen spazzes out and puslates quot spazz out quot if you will The spazzing is a burst of bright pulsating pixels that either partially or completely obscure the picture on the screen When this first started happening they never lasted for more than a fraction of a second but they are becoming much longer There seems to be nothing that I do in particular that causes this It doesn t necessarily happen when I for example play a game with intense graphics Nor does it necessarily happen when my computer is hot I have a core thermometer installed to prove this It doesn t seem to specifically be caused when I move the computer around Recently the quot attacks quot have been getting more frequent and more violent but I m just not sure what causes it An attempted screenshot of the issue returned a normal-looking screen so I don t think it s a virus Here s a YouTube link to a video I caught of it The pulsating starts at Sorry about Brand New in the background Computer Model ASUS Notebook K E Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Installed Memory RAM GB GB usable System type -bit Operating System Thanks for your help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-spazzes-out-and-puslates.206769/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here is the problem I just recently was given a laptop. I was told that it was hooked up to a tv with HDMI but, there was sound on the laptop. I am running Windows 7 Premium HP Pavilion g7-1318dx Notebook PC
Serial Number: 6CF2085XDS Product Number: A7A43UAR . I have no sound with just notebook speakers. I have went to the HP driver download site and tried to download the audio drivers. I receive a warning " The Hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. Install will now abort." There are 3 Audio downloads on the Hp website none work. The speaker Icon down by the clock with a red X on it when you do a mouse roll over it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. I have tried headphones still no sound. I have also tried to the windows trouble shooter and it says it detects no problems. Play back devices is only showing Digital Audio (HDMI) High definition Audio device not plugged in. Recording says there are no audio devises are installed in. I have tried everything any help would be appreciated.

A:No sound no matter what

I think that you need an extra lead because HDMI gives picture only. The lead I have has a mini stereo jackplug at one end which goes into the computer's headphones socket and two phono plugs (white and yellow) at the other to plug into the TV's audio input at the back. You should then be able to work out how to set up the sound via Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-no-matter-what.206720/
Relevancy 18.92%

My Gateway NV52 keyboard randomly stops typing o, p, l, ., and (.
All f a sudden it starts working as normal. Again while I am typing, the above mentioned letters stop working.

I checked for dirt stuck under the keys but nothing was there

the weirdest thing is, I tried a USB flexible keyboard instead and that was working properly for a while and that o, l, and . stopped working on that one as well.

I am confused why it's happening., and sick of filling the blanks of o, p. l with "on-screen keyboard". Please help me to figure this out.

Thanks guys, appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-nv-keyboard-issues.206519/
Relevancy 21.07%

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.

A:Titan black or GTX 780 + Quadro K4000 for 3d modeling/gaming

boagz said:

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.Click to expand...

As far as 3D modeling goes, the biggest thing you will need is ram on the card for the blender and 3D modeling aspect. Some programs are specifically limited to the Quaddro series of cards which means you will have to check if the programs you use will work with any GPU.

Basically, I would say either just get a 780ti 6gb edition (Being released this month I believe) if your programs will all work fine on the GTX series of cards. Or if that won't work, you should be fine with the 780 and grabbing a Quaddro series card to go with it. I would say only get Titan black if you really need the extra compute performance it brings because otherwise its expensive and still would end up being better in my book just getting an K4000 with your 780 since you already own the 780.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/titan-black-or-gtx-780-quadro-k4000-for-3d-modeling-gaming.201518/
Relevancy 15.48%

My laptop goes into sleep mode even on slightest jerk applied on screen to rotate it,what possibly could be wrong, and on repairing how much could it cost

A:Laptop going into sleep on bending the screen

Sounds like a fault somewhere in the wiring (or a "switch" that is located inside the hinges for the laptop screen. Not 100% sure but without knowing make and model of your laptop, it is my best guess.
What you can do is the following:

Select "Power Options" in the "Control Panel" list.

Click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand its sub-list.
Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action" to expand its sub-list.
Click the word "Sleep" to open a drop-down menu next to the power plan you wish to adjust (e.g. Plugged In). Select "Do Nothing" from the drop-down menu.
Click "OK" to save your settings and exit the window.
This should disable the sleep option, then you wont have to worry about it until you can get it fixed properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-going-into-sleep-on-bending-the-screen.206467/
Relevancy 19.35%

I recently picked up some more ram. I switched out all my old ram 16gb ( 4x4gb sticks) and replaced it with 32gb (4x8gb sticks) my comp is now telling me I have 32gb but only 16gb is usable. I went into bios to see if I can change anything, but I can't change any ram settings whatsoever. I also noticed it's telling me I'm at 1333mhz when my new ram is 1866mhz. I'd like to have all 32gb usable and at 1866mhz speed. Any help would be appreciated. My mobo is asus p8h77 pro which says it can take 32gb at 2200mhz speed max.

A:Ram Issues

Which operating system do you have. It is possible the operating system is limited to 16GB. The sounds extremely familiar to the 32-bit operating system notifications when more than 4GB of memory was installed.

Windows XP is limited to 128GB.

Windows Vista Home Premium is limited to 16GB.
Windows Vista Business/Ultimate is limited to 128GB.

Windows 7 Home Premium is limited to 16GB.
Windows 7 Professional is limited to 192GB.

Windows 8 is limited to 128GB.
Windows 8 Professional is limited to 512GB.

Source - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-issues.206448/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello ,
I have a very strange problem with my sound card and Here is the details ....
My sound Card was working well the day before ...I was just recording from line in and running the audio recorded from line in and no problems occurred ...
Next Day I found that there is no sound and the speaker and the line in and microphone all not working and showing that they were "Not Plugged In"
I tried to reinstall the driver and I even tried to reinstall the windows But this was useless . I also installed the new driver but didn't work
the sound manager showing that they are working fine but ther are not plugged in
and the weird thing is that the optical port "which is part of the sound card " is working fine this means that the sound card isn't faulty or burnt out ??
this is the picture

please Help me .........
thanks in advance

A:Sound Card Weird Problem

Is it that you have selected Digital Audio (S/PDIF) as 'default'. so the speakers cannot be, at the same time.
Right click on 'Speakers' icon, is there an 'Enable' option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-weird-problem.206014/
Relevancy 18.92%

SO a friend uses this site and told me to post my issue here since I ve exhausted my options apart from actually taking my rig into a quot pro quot to get it looked at so here I am I have a Gigabyte A-D P Mobo and an old Phenom II x CPU I decided hell why not spend some cash Driving me AMD insane New CPU Issues.... FX on a New AMD FX CPU Issues.... Driving me insane new AMD FX The computer turns on no output to video fans going lights on HDD spins but sounds like its spins some rotations slows spins more slows in an endless cycle No weird noises etc I ve built computers replaced parts etc in the past with little to no issues until this day Here is what I ve done to eliminate easy replies -BIOS version was F to begin with meaning it supported FX chips Flashed it to F e anyway optimized settings etc no change in behavior -Cleared CMOS started from scratch -- no change in behavior -Yes FX chips are supported by my Mobo checked this multiple times even before buying Website for this Mobo even tells me for FX chips to work flash to the newest BIOS to ensure compatibility -- no luck -Interchanged the Phenom II and the FX in multiple ways to ensure nothings been connect wrongly heatsink is messed up etc Phenom boots the computer up like a charm every time I ve been at this for hours to no avail I ve attached a picture of some system summaries in case they would prove useful as well Any help or insight is greatly appreciated thanks for reading nbsp

A:New AMD FX CPU Issues.... Driving me insane

You may have a bad CPU.I would run it to a local computer shop and let the check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-amd-fx-cpu-issues-driving-me-insane.205953/
Relevancy 18.49%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 36.98%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 15.48%

A few days ago my laptop started doing something weird - I would watch a video on YouTube or browsing the internet when my screen would glitch out and then I am not able to do anything. Most of the times the laptop will keep on running but the screen is frozen. Yesterday I even got blue screen after that happening.

Those are the specifications. I am using Windows 7 Proffesional. My GPU is Nvidia Geforce 525M 2GB + The the graphics card that comes with the processor

A:Laptop screen glitches

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-glitches.205605/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have an AMD Sapphire 6950. It is about 2 and one half years old. I have noticed in the past few months that when I am playing games it makes a resonating noise.

Even a simple game like League of Legends, a game with low demands, causes my card to make this noise.

Thoughts?

* I periodically clean my case so there is no dust build up.

* Here is the exact sound: If what this guy says is true this will be my last Sapphire card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-else-have-issues-with-the-fans-on-sapphire-cards.205642/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello I have a touchsmart 300 and it has no sound from the speakers or headphone jack. I have tried the troubleshoot thing and it dont recognize anything wrong with them. please help. ive tried updating the driver and it says it is updated. so lost. thanks.

A:Touchsmart 300 no sound

Did your pc have working sound when new?
Check the volume level, it's easy to turn it right down or mute it.
Check if the speakers are selected by going to the speaker icon in tray near the current time.
Right click on speaker icon, choose 'playback devices'.
A new box appears, with a speaker and it should have a green tick over it.
Right click on the icon and choose the option 'test', you should hear audio tones.
If you don't have a green tick, right click on icon and choose 'enable'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchsmart-300-no-sound.205628/
Relevancy 21.5%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I have an amd fx 8320 with an r9 280 with the stock cooler, it's at 3.5 ghz, no overclocking, and I was playing some Saints Row 4, I left HWMonitor on and when I came off (20 mins later or so), it said max temp 79?!?!?! During gameplay the fans are louder than a chainsaw... I was looking at getting some decent thermal paste and a 212 evo, but I dont know if that will help. The airflow in thecase is quite poor, but im going to try and work on it.. also, it went over 70 max temp when I was just playing football manager 2014 last night...

A:AMD FX-8320 stock cooler/heatsink - crazy rpm/temps

79 on what? CPU or GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-fx-8320-stock-cooler-heatsink-crazy-rpm-temps.205058/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 15.48%

I am now working on a ASUS G jh I ll describe the problem from when I first acquired the laptop The laptop started up with a blue BIOS background eventually the OS started Very lightly and blue tinted After playing around I discovered that the problem was intermittent when changing the elevation of the LCD lid I ordered NEW LCD Video Cable For Asus G G JH G JW G J G SW SERIES - Q ASA http www ebay com itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT thinking this would fix the problem It did not Since then I have tried one different LCD panel and get the same results Now the problem is no longer blue It s just dark very very dark I can see that it still sends the image to the screen but it looks at if it s Asus G73jh problem screen the older LCD panels with the backlight disabled I know that this does not have a backlight or inverter though I have reinstalled Windows reinstalled the drivers reinstalled CCC still having issues maybe this is related AMD Catalyst fails to load properly The error message is quot Catalyst Control Centre Command Line Interface has stopped working quot It seems maybe there is something wrong with the graphics processor but I currently have a monitor connected through VGA and have also tested the HDMI output and both work fine I have been using and testing this system Asus G73jh screen problem with the external monitor since I have disassembled the laptop to replace the LCD LED cable I no longer have the old cable Anyone with any tips I would really like to figure this out if not for a working laptop for the curiousity of knowing what caused the problem Please help I will appreciate it very much nbsp

A:Asus G73jh screen problem

Is the display panel an LCD or LED type? Many LCD laptops can be converted to LED by using a simple flat cable adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-screen-problem.205184/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69C-71C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys
lately I changed my windows from 7 ultimate to another 7 ultimate
then my hell started ... my CPU Usages just jump high with out any reason ... when no program running it jump to 15% ... browser take more than it should take ... and if I open any online game it jump to 70-80% which should not happen I used to open all things I want at once and have near 20% cpu usages
I tryed every think closed back gorund programs and scan for virus or malwares I tried a lot of things but still nothing no change still high ...
how can I fix this ?!!!!

A:High CPU Usage

Hello, can you post your full system specifications? Also, are you sure this new Windows 7 copy is legitimate and not pirated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-usage.204817/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 8.1. After restarts, the laptop screen would be blank, yet the computer would load. If I hooked up a 2nd monitor, it would show the desktop on that screen but laptop screen blank.

Now when I try to type on that computer (I'm currently on a different computer) the typing of the keys is all off (none of the letters actually type what they are supposed to and some open up random windows and command prompts)

I am wondering if this is a virus. Currently running Malwarebytes. I did a system restore earlier and the problem wasn't solved.

A:Blank Screen error and typing issues

Could be a virus, but could also mean the motherboard is faulty. If still in warranty, RTM.

Does the laptop have a bootable CD reader? If so, then download and make a bootdisk of a small linux (e.g. puppy linux). Booting off that will virtually prove if the motherboard is faulty or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-error-and-typing-issues.204596/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi, hope I've put enough specs in profile for you to help. I have a Compaq Presario 6735s I bought around 2008. CPU quite slow but graphics card not bad so made decision to upgrade. Looked up the laptop manual here to find compatible CPUs for motherboard, socket type etc. Went through 3 different (*****ic) buys before I found one that actually fitted.
Now with everything reassembled, screen will flash up once upon powering on, then nothing. All usual lights come on, even my wireless connects, makes usual start up noises, fan, dvd drive etc ....
Proceeded to take everything apart again, re-connected everything I tampered with. Even RAM, which I didn't have to remove before.
Still same reaction starting up.

Really frustrated with myself as thought this would be the right one. Could honestly cry, haha.

I read the tutorial on here called 'No POST' to no avail either. I really hope it can come back from this.
One last thing I can think of (before pulling new CPU out) is upgrading BIOS to support new CPU but with no screen I am stuck.

Can someone please give me a little direction?

A:Upgraded CPU on laptop, now screen won't work

Did you re-install the old CPU to see if the laptop booted normally again? Upgrading CPU's on laptop motherboards can be a very difficult thing to do. What is supposed to be compatible in reality is not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-cpu-on-laptop-now-screen-wont-work.204383/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey there,

I've been playing crysis 3 a lot lately and it usually run's my GPU temp around 65-70 degree's ( MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB TWIN FROZR ) I know the card is suppose to run up to 80 degree's no problem but I was just wondering if I played at these higher temps for 3-5 hours at a time. Would that be to much stress in terms of heat on the GPU ??
I have the Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case> I have just the stock fans in it and I was looking to add more. I was just wondering if people have preference over tower fans ? if so what are some good ones and why ?

A:GPU Temps and Tower Fans

Even 85C for extended periods is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temps-and-tower-fans.204260/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi there, my name in Mark, Over the past few days my whole internet randomly cuts off and goes back on, as if its being hit offline. I have ran through the forums and have checkout out the firewall and even done multiple virus scans and everything is coming up clear. I have a Virgin Media Superhub so its a combination modem and router. I have messed around with a few settings on the router itself. Im really struggling as I contacted my internet provider and they said they have no problem on their end. They also reset my router on a high frequency but I am still having the same issue. After having looked over multiple forums and videos and browsing through google. This issue will not resolve. It seems to occur more often when I try to run online gaming through my xbox one but it has happened a few times when the only thing that is on is my pc. I have a gaming pc and im not sure what other information you guys need. Any help would be amazing and to kick whatevers butt is annoying my internet.!

A:Internet Issues

Log into the router and find the setting MTU. It usually defaults to 1500 but that allows something called packet fragmentation. Change it to 1492 and it will stop that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-issues.204147/