Windows Support Forum

Freezing while gaming [hard reset req]

Q: Freezing while gaming [hard reset req]

I have had a problem, for the last two months or so, that consists of my laptop freezing and requiring a hard shutdown to fix it. I have a Dell XPS15, 6gb ram, i5-2450M dual core, and a 1gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m graphics card with the newest drivers.

Basically, I will play any game, from the original Mass Effect to WoW to Kerbal Space Program, and my computer will freeze, and occasionally make static noise until I hold down the power button for a hard shutdown. I've done stress tests and monitored the heat, and I don't ever seem to reach the heat threshold. Additionally, I've dusted out the fans and such. One or two times I have been able to alt-tab to fix the problem, and it pops up with an error stating that the display driver has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freezing while gaming [hard reset req]

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi People I built my own PC and its been running great for years Using an SSD for OS and boot Black, Only (HoN) Playing go Screens Game reset. needs gaming hard and TB black drive for games and programs I recently installed quot Heroes of Newerth quot for some giggles Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black no sound or beeps no error nothing My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on My keyboard has multiple user levels each have different colour lights but none of the user levels work which makes me think the driver is not running on that so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed Ive done a SMART test and all good Done a memory test windows and no errors found Aside from this i dont know what the next step is Usually i solve Playing Game (HoN) Screens go Black, needs hard reset. Only gaming these on my own but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific ideas anyone Thanks for any advice or suggestions Gangel

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/64109-playing-game-hon-screens-go-black-needs-hard-reset-only-gaming.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi People I built my own PC and its been running great for years Using an SSD for OS and boot and TB black drive for games and programs I recently Game Screens reset. hard go gaming Only Black, Playing (HoN) needs installed quot Heroes of Newerth quot for some giggles I dont believe it is a highly intensive game on the GPU but i get some crazy crashes on my pc Pretty much Ill be running HoN and Skype and both screens just go black no sound or beeps no error nothing My keyboard nad mouse lights are still on My keyboard has multiple user levels each have different colour lights but none of the user levels work which makes me think the driver is not running on that so maybe the pc has 'mostly' crashed Ive done a SMART test and all good Done a memory test windows and no errors found Aside from this i dont know what the next step is Usually i solve these on my own but since there is no error I can't even google tog et something more sepcific ideas anyone Thanks for any advice or suggestions Gangel

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64109-playing-game-hon-screens-go-black-needs-hard-reset-only-gaming.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on Random to hard have freezing / reset. me I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me I've tried switching HDD's reinstalling Windows Tested my ram with Memtest for hours no issues Tested HDD's no bad sectors found I've Random freezing / have to hard reset. used HWinfo to check the voltages and Random freezing / have to hard reset. temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime torture tests spiking around to degrees Celsius under full burn My setup ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Intel Core i - k not overclocked GB DDR RAM - x GB CMX GX M A C ASUS DRW- F ST drive TB SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SEAGATE ST DM - ER MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX Creative Soundblaster Z PSU OCZ MXSP Watercooling Corsair H i LCD Fan-controller BitFenix CoolerMaster HAFX case I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS are overwhelming Tons of options and features which are all set to quot auto quot No idea if this contributes to the freezing It's not something that was present before Random freezing / have to hard reset. It started happening about weeks ago Nothing has changed in my setup I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail Thanks in advance for helping me

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54703-random-freezing-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 64.93%

have posted another topic on bleepingcomputer about this I just want some extra help as responses could be slow...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549415/computer-freezing-randomly-and-having-to-reset/

tldr;

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UEPn5RnXvn6cXGWsGZ16EVa

error code 800B0100 and error code 80070570 when trying to update

Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys I need some help with a current issue Before I begin I want to stress that this has only happened reset Freezing/Crashing/Hard when video converting during video rendering converting Nothing else causes this issue I have been doing small project studio type video audio work since In I started my first custom build pc for it and had great success with that tower - swapping out and upgrading parts here and there as I went long No freezing crashing ect while doing any heavy video work This past September I did a complete upgrade of my motherboard processor graphics card and Ram I have not done any super heavy video work since upgrading but when I first put it together I ran Prime for a solid hour I am NOT doing any sort of over clocking so I was told running it for more then an hour wouldn't really be necessary and I also ran Afterburner I believe graphics card stress tester and seen no issues I have even ran both these apps recently after having issues with crashing but I didn't get a crash at all with them I use Sony Vegas Pro and Handbrake for video rendering editing converting and like I said my last build I never once had any issues with converting or rendering When I upgraded all the main hardware last September I was doing mostly audio work but now am getting back into video projects and I am experiencing several freezes auto resets Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video and even BSOD and they all happen randomly - some within a matter of seconds of starting a conversion sometimes I get several minuets hours of converting done before it happens It's been random but often Here is my current setup -Coolermaster HAF X case with internal hard drives The case and the drives are the ONLY things I kept from the previous build Plenty of fans on the case and I monitor the components often with HWMonitor app -AMD FX core processor - Gigs of DDR Ram Freezing/Crashing/Hard reset when converting video Not sure of the clock speed off the top of my head -GTX nVidia graphics card - GB from MSI with latest drivers -Coolermaster evo aftermarket cooler with Artic silver paste -WIndows with latest official updates I have only experienced these crashes while either rendering video with Sony Vegas or converting video with Handbrake Handbrake seems to cause the crashes more frequently then Sony Vegas Sometimes when using handbrake I can go about my converting for a good hour or so without any issues sometimes it only takes the first video and it'll crash I get of crash types all of them random It will either Competently freeze the entire pc up making mouse keyboard ect dead - forcing a hard reset with the front panel switch this seems to be the most common It will hard reset by itself I get a Blue Screen Of Death Anytime I use Handbrake it pushes all cores of my processor to full load Each core runs between to the entire time it is encoding a video and my temps on the processor are considered safe When idle depending on the room temp of course I run anywhere between and degrees Celsius and when Handbrake is doing it's thing even on longer encoding sessions that don't cause a freeze crash the hottest it's ever got is degrees Celsius with degrees being the norm when it's not a hotter summer day PC is located on second floor of house and our central air has been broke up until recently I have had sessions where I can convert several to minuet video clips back to back without any issues and even did a and a half hour video without any issues The to min clips usually take to minuets to convert depending on if its SD or HD video and the and a half hour video took about minuets to convert Again it fully loads the processor the entire time its converting Other times I can't get into anymore then seconds of the encoding process on a short clip and it'll freeze One of the times I got a BSOD I got this info from the dump file using a BSOD readout app Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter ... Read more

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130162-freezing-crashing-hard-reset-when-converting-video.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have come to the conclusion that maybe i need to get some info or help from PC tech minds I use FSX on my newish rigged PC now it would seem that occasionally FSX will totally freeze soon after loading into the sim in various spots around the globe I at first thought this might be a case of AI Traffic causing the freezing but when i removed the AI traffic the freezing would still happen This isn t every-time as such but its occurance is enough to be annoying and almost make me feel like i have to be ever so gentle with what ever i do in the sim When hard freezing reboot Gaming/simming and causes it does happen everything freezes including alt ctrl delete commands and also the mouse stops and whatever sound there is falls into a millisecond loop aircraft flight-deck sound which is also rather irritating I do have an overclocked system some people on the Avsim FSX forums say it could be a poor sound card issue others think i might have my setup too high for FSX In any case i have experience in BIOS or even taking the steps to lower or improve these hard freezes As far as i am aware all drivers are to their latest versions Gaming/simming causes freezing and hard reboot too My settings in FSX are also at a level that you would expect suitable for the rig i have nbsp

A:Gaming/simming causes freezing and hard reboot

Dear Mark:
Run diags for the memory [ W7 repair environment by booting to the W7 DVD ], for 8 hours, or until an error appears.

Are your mem sticks matched?

Run a HDD diag.
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Set the over clocked items to nl clocking.

I use OCCT for CPU & GPU stressing.
www.ocbase.com

I had a BSOD problem with a non gaming machine; my video driver was referenced. I had the latest video driver, but uninstalled, ran Guru3D's driver sweeper 7 re-installed from a fresh download. Same BSOD. I went down 1 version of video driver. I haven't had a BSOD since. Newer is NOT always better.
Who wrote the drivers? ASUS? Nvidia. Someone on this forum recently had a similar problem with leshcat graphics drivers.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-simming-causes-freezing-and-hard-reboot.1088143/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok my friend s computer is anything reset Freezing on when getting freezing when doing then startup and worse.. exhibiting the symptoms as I ve described in the title Basically it s freezing Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse.. whenever you seem to be doing anything thats a little bit more system intensive than just sitting idle Opening webpages viewing video in full screen etc You restart it and it s like frozen with just the blue desktop and an egg timer on the screen Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse.. I think this is obviously a heat issue because if you leave it a while after it s frozen and then start it up it s back to normal Thing is I ve only jsut been able to start taking a look at it and he s been using it all the while and I think it s at a point now where some damage has been done as he says it s basically unusable now after telling him to leave it well alone until I can look at it CPU is overheating Graphics wouldn t cause this much of a hoo haa would it He does have a spare card that I can fit to see if it helps I m getting some compressed air in the post soon so I ll give everything a blast seemed to help before but do you think it s worth taking the heatsink and fan off and reapplying thermal paste etc Am I totally off base here - is it possibly nothing to do with heat Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Freezing when doing anything and then freezing on startup when reset getting worse..

It does sound like a heat issue and a malfunctioning/overheating graphics card can certainly cause these issues.

Are the issues still occuring?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-when-doing-anything-and-then-freezing-on-startup-when-reset-getting-worse.157169/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 48.59%

I keep getting BSOD during gaming, especially while playing games like DMC devil may cry, hitman absolution. Everytime I get the same bsod message "attempt to reset display driver failed". I have done clean reinstalling the gpu driver but that didn't solve the problem. I am suspecting that this is a overheating problem but I'm not sure, so I would like to get advices here hopefully. Thank you.

A:BSOD while gaming, error *attempt to reset display driver failed*

It's a stop 116.

Please go through: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting and let us know if you were able to meet a resolution.
How to troubleshoot video card problems
NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.23WHQL
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277386-bsod-while-gaming-error-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Every now and then my computer problem Reset/Freezing will reset and start beeping whilst the screen is black but the power button is still on at the box It seems completely random when it happens and I cant think of anything Reset/Freezing problem that could have caused it It also freezes when I try to play a game NBA Live if it matters and will need to be reset after this happens I know all this seems vague but Ive got no idea how I can describe it further as Reset/Freezing problem there are no error messages that come up Any help is appreciated Running XP with Pentium on the Medion computer that Aldi sells Occasionally I get a message saying that the virtual memory is running low would this have anything to do with it - - - - - - - - - - On my laptop I am also having a resetting problem where the laptop will just reset when I am not using the computer It is irritating as usually I will leave it on to download something and come back to it being reset I have taken to leaving Media Player open when I shut the lid and this has stopped the resetting but I am wondering if there is any way to fix it Again sorry for the vagueness but there is no error messages that come up The laptop has XP as well not sure of any other details nbsp

A:Reset/Freezing problem

anyone got any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-freezing-problem.449376/
Relevancy 48.59%

Over the past couple month we had BSOD now & then and its seems to have returned after i tried fixing my current issue of consistant freezing (mainly on startup, p.s not many startup items just needed programs).
I tried safe mode and security scans w/ malware & Microsoft security essentials which found nothing.
I tried to safemode with networking which itself froze and the PC had to be reset.

its seems after the 4th or 5th time of restarting the pc it works fine.

Im using Vista Home Prem. 32bit
fujitsu pc.

There was no disc with this pc : (.....also can i make my own start up disc?..or isnt there any point being that its obviously corrupt.

thanks for any assistance.

A:Freezing Forcing Reset

Generally, Freeze could be from number of constraints.

Junk filesLow Ram, High UsageBack ground programHidden VirusHardware issue

Remedy: Try to delete the temp files, msconfig, try increase the Virtual Memory. Analysis from which date system freezing. Try system restore.

Thanks.
Vijay.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303044-freezing-forcing-reset.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart
My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my headphones or speakers.The same thing as above except without the loud buzzing noise.

I saw that this happened to someone else who had both the speakers and the headphones plugged in at the same time. However, scenario #2 just happened to me 10 minutes ago even though I only had my headphones plugged in.

I built this computer six months ago and it's the first computer I've ever built. I assume it's a driver issue but I can't really pinpoint the problem since no BSOD appears on the screen and I have no higher computer knowledge.

I'm attaching the zip file required.

Thanks,

A:Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

Wow, this sounds like the same thing that happened to a friend of mine when his hard drive was failing. Replaced the drive and the freezes went away. Even the buzzing noise.

Also you may need to look at what drivers you may have just install/updated.

Hoping you don't have any failing hardware "Motherboard, video card, etc". Those are expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/42255-random-computer-freezing-need-hard-restart-after-freezing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello my gaming pc keeps freezing when i am playing minecraft or when i play steam games i dont know why but would like someone to help me out with this plz thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-gaming-pc-keeps-freezing-4600207/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I ve got a challenge sec sec about 0.5 for every gaming while 10 Freezing for you guys Since a few days my computer freezes for about half a second before continuing I Freezing every 10 sec for about 0.5 sec while gaming detected it while playing cal of duty on-line At Freezing every 10 sec for about 0.5 sec while gaming first I thought it would be the connection So I started my own server I Freezing every 10 sec for about 0.5 sec while gaming was the only player and the result was the same I tried another D simple game Same thing happened I already reinstalled directx b latest ATI drivers and wireless networking drivers Same results I scanned for virusses etc with Sophos and Search and Destroy Nothing Finally I just looked at the task manager and I saw the system process was using up about of the CPU power every seconds for about second So can i link these two events and how the f can I change this Anyone please BTW my config IBM netvista M Ghz x GB Maxtor SATA HD MB Mhz SDRAM ATI Radeon pro USR wireless PCI network card Thanks PpiepP nbsp

A:Freezing every 10 sec for about 0.5 sec while gaming

I don't have a clear solution for you but you can use Process Explorer to find what processes and services run under the generic System process. Under the View menu you can set Process Explorer to refresh every .5 seconds or whatever and see what process spikes every 10 seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-every-10-sec-for-about-0-5-sec-while-gaming.248786/
Relevancy 48.16%

Everytime I play a game at 1024 x 768 it plays well, like 50fps+ but after 10min or so it will freeze. at random spots in games. These are the games that I play and they all freeze. NFS-most wanted, Splinter cell chaos theory, Battlefield 2 (bf 2 more than others) But when i turn the games to 800 x 600 they play fine for hours. I have for sure updated ALL of my drivers. Sound, Display, motherboard system driver, windows updates, and the game patches. When the game freezes the screen stays still but it plays a 1 10th of a sec audio clip over and over very fast. This is my system. I run on best performance settings (No AA or AF)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Nforce 3 250
2 x 512MB PC 3200
Leadtek A6600GT Agp
80GB Samsung Hard Drive
Windows XP Service Pack 2
NEC DVD-R/RW

any advice will help. Thank you

A:Freezing during gaming.

What have you done for troubleshooting already?

In case you haven't already tried these, I'll give you a shotgun approach:

1. Check your temps, both CPU and GPU (especially GPU).
2. Have you tried updating your chipset drivers, and bios?
3. Do you have anything overclocked? Go back to default and try.

But my guess would be that this is a PSU problem. If none of the above fix you up, then I'd probably try a new PSU. You can get a good one in the 60-80 dollar range.

What make is your PSU and how many watts is it rated at? How many amps on the 12v rail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-during-gaming.44030/
Relevancy 48.16%

Seemingly random my computer freezes and I have no input any more and nothing on the screen moves Consistently the event viewer shows the same four things Audit events have been dropped by the transport Session Microsoft Security Client OOBE stopped due to to reset freezing and randomly having Computer the following error xC D The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected My gpu and cpu temperatures are fine I am monitoring them while the machine is on please help this is very annoying and hopefully not damaging to my pc update this is now happening more frequently and give these two extra errors Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications The content source lt csc S- - - - - - - Computer freezing randomly and having to reset gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x

A:Computer freezing randomly and having to reset

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549415/computer-freezing-randomly-and-having-to-reset/
Relevancy 48.16%

I m hoping someone can help as freezing probs Boot, reset, I have read many of the posts here and have tried alot of things that I have read The Problem I am getting hanging at any time where the harddrive light is on continuously but the monitor is on standby I sometimes get Boot, reset, freezing probs the blue screen and other times it just won t boot to the Windows start-up screen In all cases though when I do have a problem a simple pressing Boot, reset, freezing probs of the reset button does not do anything as the monitor never does come back on therefore no reboot Only after powering off and on a few times does it finally kick in I am on the same computer right now which leaves me to believe it isn t a software or Windows problem but Boot, reset, freezing probs perhaps hardware either memory or video card I have not installed any new hardware though I have tried the following unplugged all USB port plugs updated BIOS updated Video drivers Cleaned all spyware Virus scanned Restored to previous known Good date disabled all power options Any suggestions would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Boot, reset, freezing probs

whats the windows version?
I sometimes get the blue screen,Click to expand...

can you post details of error - stop code and any filenames
------------------------------------------
you may find some info in the event viewer - look for entries at time of restart
control panel>
admin tools>
event viewer>
in the meantime
you may want to try running a memeory test
http://www.memtest86.com/
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

have you updated to SP2
see here
http://forums.techguy.org/t307615.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-reset-freezing-probs.308075/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Hope someone can help Computer was factory Laptop please freezing even HELP reset during all Original and - years old with original windows Vista bit home edition - Have Toshiba Satelitte A and started few weeks ago self restarting during startup then going when slept could not wake up in normal way Had to hard shut down using power button sec finally Laptop freezing even during factory reset HELP please started Freezing during use and slowly been getting worse now freezes every time after startup after running couple mins Worked before in Safe Mode Only Have tried - HDD check chkdsk and WD disk check -both say is OK in Laptop and Ext enclosure Ram check memtest says OK tried reinstalling windows - froze couple times while doing and was Laptop freezing even during factory reset HELP please missing couple drivers but seemed to work for a while then Froze tried Factory reset Holding down on startup - but this freezes every time between - so have to Hard shut down tried replacing HDD with a spare I have with Operating system on - this other windows also worked for short while then froze worked also in Safe mode Installed temp check program and last was at amp c when froze everything Looks Ok monitor is fine But frozen cannot use task manager ctrl alt del or move mouse or type - all frozen so have to hard shutdown tried Factory reset again and this time said missing some realtec gigabit files -so had to shutdown with Button and retried - this time worked but froze at any other INFO needed please ask - and if anyone has any idea would be appriciated Thanks for help all Mark nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezing-even-during-factory-reset-help-please.1109240/
Relevancy 47.73%

So for the past few months, I've been having freezing/Lockup issues while running League of Legends. When I get into a game, everything will be alright and then I'll probably tab out and go on Facebook or whatever it is I'm doing and after tabbing back in, I'll try moving around and I can start to feel my computer bogging down and then my computer will lockup! I really can't determine the problem... I have ran a windows diagnostic test on the memory and came up with no problems. So, I'm not sure if it's a RAM problem or possibly a read error on the HDD or even a League of Legends error.. My brother and I use have the same exact build and he doesn't experience any of these problems that I'm having (Build specs on my profile)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
-Rob

A:Random Freezing While Gaming

Try these hardware tests and report back
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests (Large FFTs, Small FFTs, Blend) for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171431-random-freezing-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All Ok so I'm new to this forum and this is my first post please be gentle lol I wasn't sure where to post this so I've posted here What is my issue Currently I have a system that seems to freeze during gaming This is random however it freezes in the framework of about to mins of solid gaming What I mean by this is that if I come out and go straight back into the game around about every mins then I get no problem The type of freezing that is occurring is one where the image and the sound-effect sticks leaving the option of rebooting as the only Gaming During Random Freezing course of action Essentially I am looking for ways to test theories without having to spend any money where necessary I will list a few things that I know it is not and or things Random Freezing During Gaming I have tried and then list my system specs Overheating - I am confident that this is not an overheating problem I have tested this by running different temperature monitoring programmes on an alternative monitor whilst playing games never doe the temperature get to a critical level for cpu or gfx card Drivers - Another natural step to run is driver testing I have tried three different driver revisions for my gfx card and the problem persisted in each case I am sure that the drivers were uninstalled correctly prior each reinstall however I did use the driver manufactures uninstall feature for this Memory - Memory space is not an issue I believe The games I am running are not consuming the physical ram space or virtual ram space completely I have set windows to automatically manage the page file I have also run memtest and after passes no errors were found Hard drive - Check Disk came back with no errors I have defragmented the drive also The game is running on the root drive the page file is also upon the same drive There is also additional space on the drive i e GB so there is not an issue that I'm running out of space Compatibility - The memory I am running is compatible with my motherboard However saying this I had noticed that the motherboard was not putting in the correct timings for the memory I am using I have adjusted this accordingly to the best of my ability i e - - - changed to - - - as a precaution I had also changed voltage settings specific for the ram to and as there was no option In addition to note is that the last time i checked there were no bios updates I shall check for this later today PSU - Although my psu should theoretically be amply enough for my system I did find one thread on another forum that suggested that the psu may fluxuate thus causing the problem however I've never come across this before and it is referenced very little elsewhere PC Spec Mainboard ASRock X Deluxe Chipset Intel X Processor Intel Core i MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card ATI Radeon HD Series Hard Disk SAMSUNG GB Hard Disk SAMSUNG GB Hard Disk SAMSUNG GB Hard Disk STM AS GB DVD-Rom Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- S ATA Device DVD-Rom Drive MFGXQLI BGDYV SCSI CdRom Device Monitor Type Hanns G HG - inches Monitor Type Unspecified Network Card RTL PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Operating System Windows Ultimate Professional x DirectX Version

A:Random Freezing During Gaming

PSU info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210...on-192217.html

If software is the cause, Driver Verifier should be of help.

Driver Verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

If Driver Verifier BSODs, provide full system info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

3 places you can look for additional information -
1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freezing-during-gaming-533234.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Recently I have been having problems with my computer playing games via Steam, It has been overheating and freezing once It BSOD on me, Some games overheat and freeze quicker than others (Larger more graphical games) I have 3 fans in my PC (One main fan, One on my graphics card and one on my processor its mainly the processor that heats up causing the crash/BSOD. After my BSOD I have not touched many of the games, I would love for some help on this problem. (If it would help it mainly crashes around 1hr of gameplay depending on the game. 

Love Bazingacatz ! 
P.S When the BSOD happened it created a dump file would that be any use to you ? 

A:Overheating and freezing while gaming

If the fans are working properly and are nice and clean, then the only possible reason for the overheating is that the heatsink and processor are not making a good contact and you'd have to remove the heatsink, clean off all the old thermal paste and replace it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549999/overheating-and-freezing-while-gaming/
Relevancy 47.73%

Alright if anyone knows what to do to fix this i would be greatful lol

My computer freezes up while im gaming not a lot but enough to become annoying the sound still goes but it kind replays the same thing over and over again the system specs are

Operating System System ModelWindows Vista Ultimate (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
Processor 2.50 ghz Intel Core2 Quad Q9300
Display-NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 [Display adapter] (2x)
Toshiba TSB-TV [Monitor] (41.9"vis)

sorry about the specs im not sure whats needed to know to try and fix the issue if you need anyhting else let me know and i will get tin info if you tell me how lol

A:Computer freezing during gaming.....help please

so far you specs are looking good but could you tell us how much ram you have
you can obtain this by going to Control Panel\System

I.E memory(ram) 8GB or whatever you system has
also what game this is happening with

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/195067-computer-freezing-during-gaming-help-please.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I had a Pc built up a Year ago i think or nearly a year and from day one and i have a problem with it and never been able to figure out what it is Everytime i go on a game Counter Strike WoW Call Of Duty Oblivion Half Life and more The game will freeze in game or if i wait long enough on some sort of menu if it has a graphical images Freezing In Game. Pc Gaming Is in it like Showing a character When it freezes i cant do anything it completely locks the pc for a while maybe seconds and will make a loop sound if there is any sound there It will do this twice and after that never again unless i minimze the game or restart it Except for Gaming Pc Is Freezing In Game. WoW i can minimize Gaming Pc Is Freezing In Game. that for some reason As you can tell it is very frustrating also sometimes but only rarely the game colours will go distorted after freezing but only some and sometimes rarely again it will come up with error messages closing the game or making everything go really big and saying about the Nv nvidia drivers or something and i will have restart Also rarely but sometimes it restarts after freezing My System Intel Core CPU ghz MB RAM Nvidia GeForce GT MB Overclocked ASUS P V-VM SE DH Motherboard GB Hard Drive XP Professional SP bit Onboard SoundMax HD Audio O Can anyone help me please ill send a Dxdiag aswell if you need it Just ask and i will do it Thanks for reading nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

So i have new mid range pc, and from the first day i can't use it normaly. when i start playing, after few minutes my pc freeze for few minutes or does not respond at all until power off, or does BSOD. The only thing that works sometimes is if i disable all gpu features and play on minimum settings, but still from time to time it just stops working,( ive noticed that if FPS goes up above 100 it crashes almoust instantly). I've done Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD and i still can't locate minidump files after BSOD. (also with this new pc ive noticed that my screen have running lines)
My PC - ASUS M5A78L - M LX3
AMD FX6300 six core 3.50 GHz
NVIDIA geforce GTX 750 Ti
2x 4 GB ram
580w power suply

Sorry for my english and if i missed something

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384962-bsod-pc-freezing-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so just early January all of the sudden during Freezing issue gaming. my computer would freeze while I was playing a game All I could do was hard restart When it freezes there would just be this zzzzzzzzz noise coming from computer like the sound got stuck I am not Freezing issue during gaming. overheating during gameplay my CPU would stay between - C and my GPU is pretty steady at C I believe my drivers are all up to date Freezing issue during gaming. This only happens during gaming too Any other use of my computer netflix youtube other videos music etc is just Freezing issue during gaming. fine Even in full screen I have not had an issue Originally i thought it had something to do with a janky driver so i switched the games from full screen to windowed That seemed to solve the problem I had weeks of no problems at all Then just today a freeze occurred in my windowed game My event log is showing no message of actual use just that my computer shut down improperly I don't get BSOD's or anything just a freeze I am worried it could be my PSU but I don't know how to test it I am not really interested in buying some silly tester somewhere tearing open my laptop and trying to test it Here is a speccy http speccy piriform com results I KSIxZuwDVnPA MkSR iIa Any suggestions would be amazing I know the hard resets are not good for computer so I am worried about playing games and having this continue Maybe it is a new driver that is buggy Who knows I can't find anything EDIT Just finished the DiskChecker Disk self test tool the full check one and had no problems My numbers all seemed pretty good as well under the SMART information so I am ruling out overheating and hard disk

A:Freezing issue during gaming.

Just an idea, I ran into a similar issue.  The sound driver was in conflict with the video, I found it out by disabling the sound driver.  I ended up just reloading a fresh copy to fix it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523782/freezing-issue-during-gaming/
Relevancy 47.73%

About months ago I upgraded freezing while gaming Computer my computer with a new power supply and video card It worked fine for about months and since then it has been freezing At first it actually froze completely with a black screen and repeating noise from the Computer freezing while gaming speakers This happened for a couple weeks and occurred randomly while gaming Sometimes it happened minutes into the game sometimes hours etc I debugged the issue by running a GPU test furmark or something and reading the logs but to no avail One day I came home to debug the issue and after turning the PC the GPU fans were being extremely loud and I'm assuming were spinning at speed Also I wasn't able to get any display on my monitor just a black screen I decided to to disconnect and reconnect the GPU because I wasn't sure what else to do After powering back on the fans and display were fine so I decided to game for a while to see if it still froze After testing for a week or so the result was the computer still froze while gaming but the whole pc didn't crash Basically I had to open task manager and click end task and it says this application is not responding I posted a here a while ago and someone recommended I run memtest It took a while but I finally got around to running memtest for about hours straight and it found nothing I finally ended up reformatting my hard drive as a last resort I had never uninstalled my old gpu drivers before installing my new gpu so I fiigured that could of been the cause After the reformat I continued to gaming for the past couple weeks with no issues Granted I probably only gamed times for a couple hours each time Then suddenly the computer froze again today This was the same as the freezing in the second paragraph ie game freezes but computer doesn't crash I'm hoping someone here might have some insight on what it could be Here is the logs from event viewer Faulting application name EoCApp exe version time stamp x c bb Faulting module name EoCApp exe version time stamp x c bb Exception code xc Fault offset x a c a Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x cfed ad ed Faulting application path C Program Files x Steam steamapps common Divinity - Original Sin Shipping EoCApp exe Faulting module path C Program Files x Steam steamapps common Divinity - Original Sin Shipping EoCApp exe Report Id c - - e - c - e c dac Fault bucket type Event Name APPCRASH Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P EoCApp exe P P c bb P EoCApp exe P P c bb P c P a c a P P Attached files C Users Darren AppData Local Temp WERC A tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C Users Darren AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash EoCApp exe fcdcb f e d c f be ad ea a Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id c - - e - c - e c dac Report Status Report WER Version EventType APPCRASH EventTime ReportType Consent UploadTime ReportIdentifier c - - e - c - e c dac IntegratorReportIdentifier c - - e - c - e c dac WOW Response BucketId Response BucketTable Response type Sig Name Application Name Sig Value EoCApp exe Sig Name Application Version Sig Value Sig Name Application Timestamp Sig Value c bb Sig Name Fault Module Name Sig Value EoCApp exe Sig Name Fault Module Version Sig Value Sig Name Fault Module Timestamp Sig Value c bb Sig Name Exception Code Sig Value c Sig Name Exception Offset Sig Value a c a DynamicSig Name OS Version DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Locale ID DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e d b ad b a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e DynamicSig Name Additional Information DynamicSig Value a e d b ad b a e UI C Program Files x Steam steamapps common Divinity - Original Sin Shipping EoCApp exe UI Divinity Original Sin has stopped working UI Windows can check online for a solution to the problem UI Check online for a solution an... Read more

A:Computer freezing while gaming

Hello and welcome Darren mate one or two things can you do this Dump Files - Upload to SevenForums

and run Speccy and see what the temps are Speccy - Download

and read this ditty of mine

UsingHW Info PSU

Download HW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 -Download -(copyand paste this site into the search bar) If you donot need the running information in the smaller right hand panel close it. Inthe left hand window click on the + for the individual device groupings andthey will open out to the various components.

Go on opening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and itwill highlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed descriptionof that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailedand are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.

To get the PSU volts you need to select the Sensor button circled in yellow inthe pic for PSU testing do the same and scroll down the readout as in my pic towhere it has Nuvoton = yours might be a different section name / title. Postback apic of that please.

If you want a more definitive test see this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/301799-psu-test-dc-output-voltage.html but pleaseonly use a digital multimeter and not an analogue as they inject typically 9vinto a circuit to test and into a 3.3v or 5v rail - not a good idea!!see thepartial pic of the correct sort of meter in that tutorial. details if you scrolldown that listing.

Now a good reference article is this
Voltage Rails - Power Supply 101: AReference Of Specifications it will explain in detail what thevoltages are and functions of the PSU

The pic shows my Ivy Bridge the section on your machine may be titled differently to Nuvoton but it is the section where you can find Vbatt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349674-computer-freezing-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Good morning all My computer always locks and freezes on cold boot and sometimes after a reset If I go into any form of safe mode then do a normal restart the machine comes up fine I have AVG Free Comodo and Spybot Search Destroy and did full scans in both Error Vss Reset Cold Boot On // Freezing And normal and safe modes with clean results Ditto for Verizon s suite which I had prior to installing these three apps I have tested the RAM using a RAM tester and the RAM is good I ve uninstalled and re-installed various applications This Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error is a fresh build less than a week old My application log is showing this error just as I shut the machine down after Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error normal use VSS Event ID Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error CreateFileW Volume f d- - dd-b - d f xc x hr x I am also getting this warning in conjunction with the VSS errorUserenv Event ID Windows saved user DEVITOR ronmeister registry while an application or service was still using the registry during Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error log off The memory used by the user s registry has not been freed The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use This is often caused by services running as a user account try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService accountThe other error I get in the Application Log is WinMgmt Event ID A provider OffProv has been registered in the WMI namespace Root MSAPPS to use the LocalSystem account This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests I m not certain if any or all of these are responsible for the boot locks freezing They all appear to be related to some application or service running and either causing a security breach or not flushing correctly Also this machine is a custom-build I had a major with the stock fan with the CPU the fan wouldn t stay on and when I finally got it on it never cooled the CPU down to acceptable levels My machine had thermally shut down at least half a dozen times during the first week I had it till I liquid-cooled the CPU So I m wondering if I did something to the CPU Here is the spec on the machine and running software MassTherm quot air conditioned quot case note the AC is a gimmick Call it a glorified front fan XFX i mobo with factory bios not flashed This board is a replacement for a i on which I did flash read that quot flush quot the bios and it failed rendering the board inop OCZ Gamestream W PSU GB DDR OCZ RAMTwo Palit GB NVIDIA video cardsTwo Seagate GB SATA drivesOne LiteOn DVD BurnerOne Artec CD BurnerOne Ultra Card ReaderNumerous USB devices including CH Flight Sim Yoke and Rudder Pedals IPOD JVC Everio Camcorder a Sony MiniDV camcorder firewire a Pinnacle Video Capture Device Olympus Voice Recorder Fantom GB external HDD edimensional USB headset Motorola Phone Tools and a flash drive Software Windows XP Pro SP MSIE MS Office Enterprise SP FSX SP X-Plane Pinnacle Plus Ultimate AVG FreeComodoSpybot Search and DestroyReal Player QuickTime iTunes Windows Media Player -- all latest versionsAudacityAOPA Real Time Flight PlannerWindows Live Messenger and Photo GalleryCarboniteThank you

A:Freezing On Cold Boot And Reset // Vss Error

Wow, that is a noodle scratcher, isn't it?Shot in the dark here but check the event logs for an error like this one:"An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\ during a paging operation."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145693/freezing-on-cold-boot-and-reset-vss-error/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all My PC minidump when freezing + Computer gaming has recently started to randomly freeze when gaming Computer freezing when gaming + minidump the computer is about years old so I still have warranty on all components It first started a few weeks ago a freeze when I was playing a game it started happening more often So I wanted to figure out what the problem was This is what I did Reinstall Windows - gt No succes Replace GPU with an other one I still had left - gt No succes Replace Memory with some other Computer freezing when gaming + minidump DDR memory from my dads pc - gt No succes Northbridge is rather hot so I put a fan on it - gt No succes CPU is probably fine it survives Prime for hours it just crashes in games So maybe its my motherboard Hardware Asus P Q Pro Latest BIOS Intel Core Quad Q Corsair Dominator DDR Mhz x GB Ati Radeon HD Cooler Master M W PSU Samsung Spinpoint F TB Anyways heres my minidump if anyone could analyse it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer freezing when gaming + minidump

It is an 0x124 stop error, and these can be notoriously difficult to troubleshoot, that is because minidumps contain very little useful information, therefore it is essential to look at the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

1. Ensure that nothing is overclocked, and everything i.e. Processor, GPU, RAM are running at stock speeds/settings (kindly check your BIOS for this as well).

2. Check airflow of your casing, ensure that it has good inflow and outflow to have reasonable cool running temps.

3. Uninstall all currently installed/older hardware drivers, remove any trace of the remaining files with Driver Sweeper (you can find it in Techspot's download section), and reinstall newer WHQL drivers for every component one by one. As it is an Asus board please check QVL for this board to see whether your RAM is in list.

4. Have you updated your motherboard's BIOS? If not, please consider doing it (provided an updated BIOS is available for your board).

5. During digging around for this error I bumped into some remarks that this error can also be caused by OS, however, I have not seen this error occurring due to OS on windows 7 before, so I'd suggest you to install all available OS updates.

6. Lastly, stress test your RAM using memtest (you can get it from download section of Techspot), stress test / diagnose your HDD with software provided by its manufacturer, and lastly stress test your graphic card with OCCT.

7. Ensure that your system is dust free and clean including all components e.g. RAM

8. If nothing of the above works, try to using your PC with minimum hardware, i.e. one stick of RAM, if you have onboard VGA use that, remove any extra hard drives, or DVDs etc. and see how system behaves.

Please keep us posted about your progress, and also if you get more BSODs please post minidumps here. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-when-gaming-minidump.151988/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone i got a problem, when i play a game for a couple of minites my whole computer freezez, or when i scan my pc with spybot it freezez, but not when i use avg or adaware. I have latest nvidea drivers so i dont know whats the problem, look at my system specs in my profile if you have to, thanks in advance.

A:Freezing in middle of gaming/scans

I would say your using too much memory for both gaming and spybot scans, I would pause or stop one or the other. It happened to me also, I played a fairly old game, called Star Wars Starfighter, and I scanned and i had no lag. Try a good game that doesn't require that much memory. Also, It may be that your Spybot scanner trying to scan files that are already in use, such as game program files. Try turning one off, or play a less demanding game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-in-middle-of-gaming-scans.46790/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys, I have problem I bught this ntb. When im playing games i have sometimes 2 - 3 seconds freezes. I scanned Hardisks, temperatures everything and i cannot find solution for this problem please can someone help me. Thank you

A:Lenovo y700 freezing while gaming

Is it a specific game, or is it usuage in general? Try to restore to a previous point, let me know how it goes

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-freezing-while-gaming/td-p/3308371
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey First off thanks for taking time to read this I just built this system out and until this issue popped up I considered myself a pretty decent basic troubleshooter but I am up/challanging Gaming/freezing issue. about three steps away from turning this bloody system into a file server or perhaps a boat anchor Issue When playing MMOs particularly Champions Online and The Secret World my machine does a complete lockup and I have to hard boot it I am going to list basic specs everything I have tried that I can remember and my dxdiag and see if anyone has any ideas because I GOTTA be missing something Windows AMD FX- Black Ed ASRock extreme GB of Cosair Vengence DDR running dual channeled AMD Radeon HD Ran CPU-Z and GPU-Z and checked temp and voltage Glary utilities and Secunia and updated everything cleared Gaming/freezing up/challanging issue. old driver references Tried playing with sound card and game sound disabled Stopped AERO indexing and tried playing after booting into diagnostic mode I am running the games as admin in compatibility mode but just for grins and giggles did it not in admin and compatibility mode just to see what would happen same Ran memory diagnostics everything was fine but replaced my MHz ran with what I currently have just in case the new stuff tested fine too Opened up the system and re-seated card video Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated Ah also forgot to mention I just uninstalled my virus scanner and booted into diagnostic right before this dxdiag was ran but I normally run AVAST Not sure that it matters since it crashed while being ran like that as well but ya never know ------------- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HEATHER-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate N -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M System Model To Be Filled By O E M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x BA DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV BA amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Sceptre X WG Monitor Id SPT Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - BFA- CF- D - BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x BA SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Evergreen ci ven amp dev ba Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-freezing-up-challanging-issue.1081282/
Relevancy 47.3%

All my games work really well on my pc but usually my Steam games freeze or don t even start Like Counter-Strike freezes alot while loading and I can t even start Half-Life or Garry s Mod Sometimes Counter-Strike works for a while then freezes out of the blue or just freezes while loading the next map Half-Life used to work perfectly not even a little bit of lag but gradually games started screwing up I have the latest video card drivers problems(freezing, starting) gaming so don t ask I ve ran the System Requirements Lab test and I have the recommended requirements for Half-Life The only thing that was close to minimum is my video card I have DirectX c which is the latest Here are my specs HP Pavilion AMD Athlon tm X Dual gaming problems(freezing, starting) Core Processor GHz MB of RAM My video card ATI RADEON XPRESS Series ATI RADEON XPRESS Series x Yeah my video card is pretty crap I have tried re-installing the games but that only gaming problems(freezing, starting) works for a little while nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location Two times in the past - weeks my computer has completely locked up I'll be playing a game and all of a sudden the mouse keyboard sound die and I can't do anything It takes like a snapshot of my monitors and gets stuck This computer is about months old Nov Specs belowProcessor Skylake KGFX Card EVGA Nvidia ti scMobo Z Pro GamingRam CORSAIR Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR PC HDD Seagate Desktop HDD ST DM TBSSD SanDisk Ultra II GB OS Win Pro bitPSU EVGA SuperNOVA -P - -X WI checked in Event viewer and I may not be the gaming Computer while freezing intermittently best at searching it but the only errors I saw Computer freezing intermittently while gaming were basically saying I didn't shut down correctly duh What sort of diagnostics or things can I try to help me determine what exactly is happening Last event was today PM est Comp Temps from idle gt Minimal gaming gt Lots of gaming http imgur com a ZUdCc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621968/computer-freezing-intermittently-while-gaming/
Relevancy 47.3%

This computer was running great for about a week then it started freezing when I was playing games. The screen freezes and the sound goes away and the only thing I can do is press the power button on the front of the case. I know its not the video card or the ram.

Specs: 
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-core 4.4GHz
GPU: HIS Radeon R9 280X 3GB Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
HDD: WD Black 2TB
PSU: Corsair RM750W 80 PLUS GOLD
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 16GB (2x8GB)

I have ran many tests to see what is wrong and I can't find anything please help.   

A:3 Week old gaming computer is freezing

Sounds like it could be an overheating problem even though it's a new PC.  Are all the fans running, including the CPU and graphics card fans?  Do you have a program installed such as PC Wizard 2014 or Speedfan that you can use to monitor temps, fan speeds, and voltage outputs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552377/3-week-old-gaming-computer-is-freezing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have tried everything I Freezing gaming Keyboard/Mouse during can to fix this and now I m at the end of the rope I hate to ask for help as I realize this is done on a voluntary basis I however appreciate any help you give and thank you in advance My mouse and keyboard keep freezing when playing games It will not freeze on games such as pokerstars full tilt poker and pogo It will freeze on WOW worldwinner and such I have tried using different mice and keyboards I have adware spybot AVG and Windows Firewall activated I have done scans checked device manager performed windows update and I may Keyboard/Mouse Freezing during gaming be forgetting a few things but please see logs as requested and I will patiently await a response Thanks Much HJThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Sony Content Transfer ContentTransferWMDetector exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Users cfusse Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO BrowserHelper Class - A D F - B- FE -ABEB- B E E CD - C Program Files SGPSA SearchAssistant dll file missing O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll ... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

hello
I had random PC freezing while gaming usually happens every week.
Today I had a BSOD while playing heroes of the storm.

dm_log_collector file is attached

thank you in advance

Lumos

A:freezing and DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD while gaming

Please remove ASUS software, this is recommended for the time of troubleshooting for 2 reasons
it is known for causing bluescreensit uses outdated drivers
As soon as your system is stable again you may install it if you want

Diagnostic Test

DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning
Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
Please create a restore point.
Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note
Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40774-freezing-driver_overran_stack_buffer-bsod-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Graphics card(SAPPHIRE 7950 3GB with Boost) does not indicate any error, it never gets above 50C, there are no artifacts, and it runs smooth as butter when it works(Hitman Absolution and Shogun total war 2).

CPU doesn't overheat either, my NH-D14 keeps it(3930k) cool at below 50C at all times.

Fixes already tried:

Changing SATA cable on SSD
Reseating GPU/Power connections
reinstalling drivers/installing new drivers
updating BIOS
underclocking GPU.

Does anyone have any help?

There are no bluescreens, error codes, or anything of that sort, it freezes the frame and a loud buzzing comes from the monitor.

Games are all installed on the SSD(Intel 520 Cherryville 180GB)
Games ran through Steam
new build, used less than 5 hours, max.
After turning off the computer for a period of time, it'll let me play for 20-ish minutes, but then trying to reboot and play again results in near instant crash(2-5 minutes of play).

A:Freezing and Buzzing from monitor during gaming.

we need system specs also detailed PSU information

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273568-freezing-buzzing-monitor-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Desktop Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm Freezing Gaming Desktop Keeps Week Old - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- A-UD Antivirus Advanced SystemCare So I received this iBuyPower gaming PC on Monday May and for the first two Week Old Gaming Desktop Keeps Freezing days it worked well and didn t freeze once Then starting on the third day it Week Old Gaming Desktop Keeps Freezing started freezing randomly every - minutes Then on the fourth and fifth days Thursday and Friday and it ran smoothly again Again on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning it froze nonstop For some reason it stopped freezing Sunday afternoon after I rearranged the ram sticks GBx until tonight Monday May approximately PM My PC seems to freeze randomly no matter what I m doing whether it be gaming or searching the web or opening quot My Computer quot I ve already ran Windows Memory Diagnostic no errors SeaTools for Windows no errors Windows Update everything up to date and checked my hard drive temperature avg degrees C and GPU temperature idle avg degrees C Diablo avg degrees C I also scan daily with Advanced SystemCare s Quick Care and weekly with their Deep Care which helps fix registry I ve also installed Smart Defrag and run that all the time Another thing that I ve tried was running Windows in a clean boot state but it didn t help I checked in my Event Viewer and it tells me that in the last hour it found a few errors PM-----Service Control Manager-----Event ID happened twice at same time The UPnP Device Host service failed to start due to the following error The service did not start due to a logon failure PM-----Service Control Manager-----Event ID happened twice at same time The upnphost service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error The request is not supported To ensure that the service is configured properly use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console MMC PM-----DistributedCOM-----Event ID happened once DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments quot quot in order to run the server B - B - D -BF - B D B I also see this error message a lot Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected and this one Faulting application name Fuel Service exe version time stamp x f e d c Faulting module name Device dll version time stamp x f e b Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x cc Faulting application start time x cd dd d Faulting application path C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Faulting module path C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Device dll Report Id f f - fd - e -a a - b c ee I have also scanned scanned my PC with aswMBR and here are the results OS Version Windows x Service Pack Number of processors x ComputerName DANNY-PC UserName Danny Initialize success Disk boot Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - Disk Vendor WDC WD EALX- BA H Size MB BusType Disk MBR read successfully Disk MBR scan Disk Windows default MBR code Disk Partition A HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk Partition HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk scanning C Windows system drivers Service scanning Modules scanning Disk trace - called modules ntoskrnl exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys ACPI sys ataport SYS PCIIDEX SYS hal dll msahci sys nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR xfffffa c CLASSPNP SYS fffff f - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt xfffffa eb e ACPI sys fffff f d a - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - xfffffa d Scan finishe... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello there while or av-scanning gaming freezing, System is This is the problem which I am experiencing My System is freezing, while av-scanning or gaming system is freezing during following actions Anti-virus-scans previous with Kaspersky now with AVG Sometimes during surfing the internet or even printing Frequently during playing games Please let me get You up to date System is freezing, while av-scanning or gaming with what I have done so far I treid to exclude the possibility of being infected Hijack -Log got help from aumha org with this - nothing found Showed hidden files and then Ran AVG freezed during scan Ran external scan from aumha org no action scan is not running Ran external scan from trendmicro com freezed during scan Ran ad-aware SE nothing found Ran cwshredder nothing found Ran spybot nothing found Got the newest versions of ad-aware and spybot Showed hidden files Tried to scan with AVG in safemode two System is freezing, while av-scanning or gaming times freezed during scan both times Scanned with cwshradder nothing found Scanned with Ad-aware nothing found Scanned with Spybot freezed After that I tried the Sysclean-DOS-scan freezed during scan two times Made an AVG-scan after showing hidden files in safe mode freezed Did Hijackthis in safe mode nothing wrong with it Ran Microsoft Antispyware Beta removed two possible hijack browser modifiers one NCase Browser Modifier and finally two anti leech adware plugin s Tried to optimize my systemCleaned the system cookies temp s etc ran file checker checkdisk defragmented the disk Until now I did not make partitions on my disk It is sized GB and I am using about of it so far Ran EVEREST This tool says that the AGP function is shut down as well as fast-write and Side Band Adressing although they re enabled in BIOS My config is as follows System Win XP Pro SP Motherboard ASUS A V X-X Graphics NVIDIA GeForce MX AGP X driver CPU AMD Athlon XP runs at GHz RAM MB Sound SoundMax Digital Audio on board driver Disk Maxtor Y L DiamondMax Plus Here s my startup list Dupmrep k NeroCheck Zapro NvCpl Nwiz Avgcc NVMCTRAY TeaTimer Microsoft Office Formatted disk about one year ago After a heavy virus attack this seemed to be the only safe method of removing it constantly During this procedure it would stop formating at some point mentioning an error which I unfortunately can not remember I tried this several times and then let a friend of mine format it with a diskette After that I had problems with installing the system but made it at the end The system ran ok for quite a while I REALLY hope that THIS method is not the only way left for me Please advise what else could be done here

A:System is freezing, while av-scanning or gaming

check there's enough power from your PSU to power everything.

I remember playing Half Life 2 and other games for that matter after I'd reassembled my PC. It would freeze for like 5 seconds at a time, then resume, then freeze again.

I took my PC apart and worked out it was the cables from the PSU... I was sharing the graphics molex connector branch with the C:\ drive when I should have used it for the D:\ drive as C:\ needed its own cable branch (ie. no sub branches) ... hope that makes sense.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21033/system-is-freezing-while-av-scanning-or-gaming/
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows 7 x64 Professional
Originally installed OS
Full Retail

Bought from roommate and replaced his hard drive with a brand new hard drive (2 weeks).

He never had any issues with freezing or BSOD. We've reseated all hardware, completely removed dust, temperatures are consistently between 30 and 40 degrees Celsius, CHKDSK showed 0 bad sectors, Memtest had 0 errors, several antivirus/malware programs have come up 100% clean.

Had no issues the first week with this computer. Components are all of various ages (under 1.5 years), power source is 1250W CoolerMaster, video card is ~7 months old, memory is also ~7 months old, motherboard and processor are ~1.5 years old.

Dump files and report are included. Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried to follow the posting guidelines, but please let me know if I missed anything or should include anything else! We've been working on this issue for three days straight, and I'm at my wits' end.

A:BSOD and freezing during gaming/browsing.

Hello Ransom and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Report

Graphic Driver

Your Nvidia Graphic Driver is roughly showing errors. We want to reinstall the Nvidia Drivers, without having left-over files after the installation. This tutorial shows how-

i) Make your way to Nvidia Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
ii) Uninstall the one you currently have and all its extensions
iii) Download Driver Sweeper
iv) Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your
v) Select all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them, head into Windows without internet and download the driver.

Code:
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050031
Arg3: 00000000000006f8
Arg4: fffff80002ed14d0
SFC /scannow

We usually ask people to do this command to check if Windows is corrupted. It's the most common used one to check if the Windows files are corrupted. If it'll find errors, it'll restore them.

Tip
If you're having a custom customization layer on your Aero, it's likely to get restored to default.
Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236877-bsod-freezing-during-gaming-browsing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok well I am completely stumped already with this problem Almost every time I play a game my computer will eventually freeze with skipping crackly weird gaming CPU skipping Freezing/Sound while beeping in my headphone noises Sometimes this takes hours to happen sometimes it takes minutes I don t know its horribly random Updated all hardware drivers installed updates flashed bios etc no help CPU Freezing/Sound skipping while gaming Well I replaced the obvious choices videocard Radeon Pro and soundcard SB Audigy ZS and it to my dismay made no difference other then my games looking sounding better till I froze So I do a complete reformat to my C drive reinstall update etc everything no help I then move on to the next CPU Freezing/Sound skipping while gaming what I think obvious problem Heat Install case fans Side front rear PCI slot fan and a Volcano with arctic silver on my CPU CPU temp is at a constant degrees C with mobo temp at C Run up a game freezes I have since replaced my RAM sticks of crucial DDR and that still has had no effect My HD CPU Freezing/Sound skipping while gaming is fairly new as is my MOBO and processor I am totally stumped It only freezes when I m playing harddrive based games not on internet games or anything It will never freeze on the desktop or exploring the internetor on any other type of program other then a game Everything is updated fully from the latest bios update to the latest windows update I feel it is probably a problem with my Motherboard but I want to be sure Anyways here are my specs AMD Athlon XP Barton Asus A V X-X Motherboard Seagate GB HDD ATI Radeon Pro MB SB Audigy ZS MB Crucial DDR Hope someone can help maybe save me some money nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Ever since I built this computer it sometimes crashes or freezes while playing current-generation games Most of the time I can play with nothing bad happening The following things may happen while gaming -The game freezes a long time and I have to freezing, and gaming BSOD while Crashes, shut down the computer Only this past week I'll sometimes get Crashes, freezing, and BSOD while gaming quot disk boot failure quot on the startup screen after turning on the computer I can get past this after turning the machine off and on a couple times -Game freezes for less than a minute Colored horizontal stripes takeover the screen The game crashes and I go back to the desktop quot Graphics driver stopped responding but has recovered quot message appears -BSOD OS - Windows bit Age of system hardware - year months Age Crashes, freezing, and BSOD while gaming of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Yes about months ago CPU - Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz Video Card - ATI Radeon HD Ram - GB DDR MotherBoard - ASRock P DE Power Supply - SeaSonic SS- ET Bronze W ATX V - OEM Thanks

A:Crashes, freezing, and BSOD while gaming

Related to ISWKL.sys ZoneAlarm ForceField from Check Point Software Technologies. I would remove both checkpoint AVG and replace them with MSE

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

I notice your PCTools which is often the cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crashes-freezing-and-bsod-while-gaming-641351.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've recently built a pc using Core i T ghz GB DDR Ram Radeon HD xfx Firepower OCZ w modular PSU Tx coolermaster cpu heatsink Gigabyte H M-HD motherboard Windows Samsung GB SSD I have updated the drivers to all of my devices The problem is when I am watching a video or playing a game it will sometime freeze causing the sound to loop over and over eventually I will have to restart the machine It is not the graphics card because I tried my computer without it using the integrated Intel graphics and the problem gaming while 8.1 video watching freezing or Windows seems to happen even more I Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming ran a memory test and found no errors for my RAM The only thing I can think of is that it might be a CPU motherboard or power supply issue However I have no way to diagnose this and I cannot afford to take it to a computer shop to have them test my stuff because they charge a lot Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming of money Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming My components are not overheating as I am monitoring the temperature using HW monitor this used to happen sporadically if the computer was left to idle However it almost happens always if I am watching a video while playing a game Today it happened twice And without my AMD graphics card in my system using Intel HD graphics it happens even more The picture becomes garbled and distorted I cannot bring up the task manager everything is frozen forcing me to restart Do you have any clues Thank you so much

A:Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming

Hi Sunaj & Welcome to the forums ^_^,Kindly follow the below instructions and upload the ZIP file so that it could help us in diagnosing your problem faster -http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583374/windows-81-freezing-while-watching-video-or-gaming/
Relevancy 46.44%

So initially when I first inherited the computer it had a weak video card ATI HD Core QUAD HQ and GB of ram running Vista With this GPU it would blue screen every days instead of every day I put in a better videos when gaming freezing or BSOD and watching GPU HD and it started happening every day Reformatted and upgraded to windows which of course helped nothing Since then I've brought it to a computer repair shop where they checked and said they found no issues with the HDD and memory I also checked memory prior to this with no issues found They found a BSOD and freezing when gaming or watching videos couple blown capacitors in the power BSOD and freezing when gaming or watching videos supply and upgraded that to a Watt Still made no difference Now I have an AMD R X ASUS GB edition for a GPU Seems a little better but not by much Since the upgrade most BSOD's point to ntkrnlpa exe when before it pointed to ATI files I know there have been posts similar to this before but I have not found help in those threads and was hoping there was something you smart cookies could find specific to my machine that might solve the problem If someone can solve this I owe you my life I've spent hundreds of dollars trying to fix this so far Thanks for reading my huge paragraph I just wanted to make sure you have all the info P Thanks EDIT Last BSOD was DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and the one before that mentioned a memory issue It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of driver issue I use driver identifier the best I can but not all of the driver updates work If I could pinpoint what if any driver is the issue I might be able to figure it out Here is my DM Log in the attatchment

A:BSOD and freezing when gaming or watching videos

Bump please! I've put so much money and time into trying to fix this. I would appreciate any help like crazy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338245-bsod-freezing-when-gaming-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 46.44%

It's a problem I've been having while gaming, watching videos, or skype with friends. Either I will get a BSOD or My computer will completely freeze and I have to hold down the power button to reboot it. I figured its time to get some help if possible. I used BSOD ScreenView and noticed most of my problems come from ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 and I'm not sure how to fix it.

A:BSOD and Freezing while gaming or watching videos

Are you overclocking?

Code:
Processor Version AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Processor Voltage 89h - 0.9V
External Clock 200MHz
Max Speed 3200MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Update the network driver from Realtek ... get the second item from the list, that is the "Win7 and Server 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program" one and install it.

See how it goes. Let us know.

Code:
BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff880009ec180, 1}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for pacer.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373461-bsod-freezing-while-gaming-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Crash Screen Computer Freezing Gaming When everyone I'm having an issue with an old MSI GT which my younger brother uses for gaming It initially came with Vista when I bought it in October but in November I bought a Windows Professional upgrade and used it to do a clean install Screen Freezing Computer Crash When Gaming so both the OS and hardware age is years and months The problem is that over the last couple of weeks when he starts a game he doesn't know when the computer is going to crash so I joined here to see if the problem could be hardware or software related The crash itself is pretty easy to explain it might be seconds or even minutes into a game when the screen will freeze and the computer has to be restarted by long pressing the power button Not only does this happen during gameplay but it also sometimes happens when in selection screens in multiple games even in games which don't tax the hardware I've tried removing and re-installing the latest drivers installing older drivers re-installed the games lowering resolution and quality settings and even trying to play on the guest account but the problem still persists I've checked the temperatures using HWMonitor and the gpu never seems to go past the C F mark when gaming or running stability tests Also I don't think it's a temperature problem because sometimes when a game has just started and the temperatures are in the high 's 's a crash will still happen The laptop was initially scanned with Avira Anti Virus and I've also run Malwarebytes and CCleaner I tried reducing the clocks but again no luck I ran GPUTool and in the stability tests there were artifacts happening quite often at stock clocks averaging every seconds I also did an error scan in HDTune and all the blocks were green Ran BurnIn Test for minutes twice once was testing all the components at load the other was testing the RAM GPU and CPU at load and both tests were passed When the problem initially appeared I ran memtest for about hours and it didn't report any problems so I don't know if I should be running it again I have attached a summary of my system as well as the system health report and the BSOD File Collection app output in the zip folder I wasn't sure if I should post this in Microsoft or Hardware Support so if a moderator deems that this post is in the wrong section it would be great if you can move it to the correct one Thanks for reading

A:Screen Freezing Computer Crash When Gaming

Just giving this thread a bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freezing-computer-crash-when-gaming-696037.html
Relevancy 46.44%

every ten minutes they keep popping up frm the interenet and the game freezes and the computer has to be started again, and when browsing they keep poppong up- its driving my son into rages, ive tried to install google firefox, have blocked popp ups and yet they still come up
how do i get rid of them for good????

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My name is Ben and I'm having computer issues I know that freezing is an issue that could be caused by a million and a half different things and I really have no idea where to start looking My computer mainly seems to freeze while I am playing videogames which my computer of issue while Desktop freezing gaming, Computer unsure easily has the hardware to run but it could be I only see the freezing while gaming because that is mostly what I use the computer for When the computer freezes it acts somewhat like a broken record repeating of a second of sound and video over and over I've left the computer for upwards of an hour and it just continues to repeat I've posted my Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue computer info below and I'm mostly just hoping for a good starting off point for narrowing down whatever is wrong with my computer Model Dell Dimension CPU Pentium GHz Chipset Intel G Express RAM GB Assorted Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue Brands Hard Drives Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue - Maxtor Y M Western Digital JD Power Supply W BFG Tech Video Card Nvidia GeForce GT Sound Card Soundblaster Live Bit denotes something I added Thanks a TON for all of your help Ben Also If this is the wrong forum to post this in let me know but I really have zero Idea what is causing this problem so I was unable to put it in a more specific forum

A:Desktop Computer freezing while gaming, unsure of issue

The only temps we can check are for the video card as Dell motherboards don't have sensors, using GPUz what temp do you see> http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...-Z_v0.2.8.html

Have you cleaned the dust bunnies out of the fans and heat sinks lately using a can of compressed air available at office supply type stores and even Walmart.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-computer-freezing-while-gaming-unsure-of-issue-394367.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Specs Windows freezing with screen audio gaming loop while Computer GeForce GTX Ti gb RAM Whenever Computer screen freezing with audio loop while gaming I ve tried to play games on my computer over the last couple of months given enough time my computer eventually freezes up with an audio loop going Sometimes it takes about minutes of gaming for this problem to pop up but I ve gone as long as an hour or two before it s happened I get no blue screen no errors I just have to hard restart my computer to get out of it At first I thought I was just pushing my video card too hard but the temps were all fine and the problem persisted when changing the games settings to low and when swapping out for a different video card I ve updated my drivers many times and have kept my windows up to date I ve kept checking my windows event logs but am not seeing anything in there that sounds off any specific alarms though I could be looking in the wrong places I ran memtest about a month ago for about - hours got - passes with no errors I have a friend in the IT field who s convinced I should try going back to windows but at this point I m fairly certain that won t fix the problem Does anybody have any clue what s going on or where I should look next Is it a Windows problem Do I need to replace my motherboard I m currently running prime but nothing has popped up with that yet Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Computer screen freezing with audio loop while gaming

What's the make and model of the PSU? Complete system specs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-screen-freezing-with-audio-loop-while-gaming.1160196/
Relevancy 46.01%

I haven't run into the issue while idling but during certain games my computer completely freezes and ends up restarting, i have tried running sfc in command prompt like another thread suggested but it also said that whats in C:\windows\minidump would help, so i have attached those files

A:Windows recently restored, keeps freezing and restarting during gaming

Could it be you updated the video drivers and the restore put back the old ones from the Windows distribution? In any case I would try updating with the latest drivers direct from the GPU manufacturer first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374223-windows-recently-restored-keeps-freezing-restarting-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Initially I had a problem with a BSOD for video videos during Screen Computer gaming/watching Freezing/Black scheduler I installed the latest driver for my video card and I stopped receiving that BSOD In its place I began having a new BSOD stating quot An attempt to reset the video driver failed quot x so I followed the instructions on another link from this site and uninstalled the AMD driver and then used Driver Fusion to remove the remainder of it Then I installed the latest driver Now I receive no BSOD but while playing Computer Freezing/Black Screen during gaming/watching videos Company of Heroes after a few minutes of play the screen froze and then went black and the computer was completely unresponsive I left it for a while to see if it would restart or show a BSOD but nothing happened and I had to manually restart I have tried playing Diablo to see if it was just that game and it froze as well but never went to a black screen but the computer was unresponsive Not sure where to go from here I have included everything SF Diagnostic generated Thank you for your time

A:Computer Freezing/Black Screen during gaming/watching videos

Follow it : STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255636-computer-freezing-black-screen-during-gaming-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone My computer freezes after playing tipically Fallout with a glitchy sound continuous buzzing and requires hard reset Before starting browsing while and crashes when freezing Buzzing gaming/random restarting to blame various components I installed Buzzing freezing while gaming/random crashes when browsing and restarting months ago other gb of RAM different brand so I did memtest for roughly hour and no problem also fumark p test no problem prime blend test no problem So I read that the graphics drivers might be problem so I unistall them and install them again and I was able to play for hours with no problems than it happened again and after minutes of gaming again Happened also just once with GTA and COD that's why I thought it could be a systematic problematic I also have general problems with my SO windows automatic restart almost never works freezing while restarting logo rolls in the blu screen opening browsers may cause random freezing possibly flash player this things happened also before while the gaming part is new So my idea now is to unistall Fallout and reinstall maybe it corrupted some files install windows since they told me you have to install new drivers again and check if it happens again Just wanna ask if this are the signs of a possible dying component of my rig GC is month old the rest roughly year Rig Proc amd fx CPU cooler hyper evo Mobo asus m a evo r RAM team group and corsair sorry for the bad specs I will update as soon as I'm at home in any case checked serveral times if they are compatible with my mobo and they are both CL and mhz graphics MSI PSU Corsair CX Plus Bronze W HDD TB SSD GB SO is installed in the SSD games are usually in the HDD checked both with HD tune again no problems Temp are really low because case is open No OC in any component ps as soon as I'm at home I will try adding some log files Thanks a lot for all the future advices

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598075/buzzing-freezing-while-gamingrandom-crashes-when-browsing-and-restarting/
Relevancy 45.58%

Sorry video's Gaming/watching youtube whilst freezing Constant if this isn't the right forum and hello Constant freezing whilst Gaming/watching youtube video's I just recently bought a new computer and it is causing me some problems I originally bought it to play computer games on it as I do enjoy gaming though it continues to freeze on me whenever I do so When I start up Constant freezing whilst Gaming/watching youtube video's a game it plays fine on max settings Borderlands Crysis COD etc thought after about - hours later it freezes giving me the only option of a hard restart When I start the computer up again I put the game on and this time it freezes after about - minutes This even happens when I watching videos on youtube My computer specs are as followed Make Model Dell XPS CPU C Q - Q GHz MEMORY GB HARDDRIVE GB OPTICAL DRIVE DVD RW VIDEO CARD GEFORCE GT MB x If anything else is required please let me know and please could someone help I am at my wits end Thanks alot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/constant-freezing-whilst-gaming-watching-youtube-videos-429411.html
Relevancy 44.72%

For the past year I have been making an effort to continue to use my computer with my constant freezing browser and the freezes as well but enough is enough I am looking to fix it My Firefox browser freezes at random times and my computer is a shadow of itself in terms of the speed that it had last latency freezing Constant sluggish high computer while speed, gaming... browser, year Online gaming has been bit of Constant freezing browser, sluggish computer speed, high latency while gaming... a problem as well My latency ping would be spiking from - every secs It's unfortunate because online gaming was never an issue for me before this year My latency would stay at a stable - with no hickups Constant freezing browser, sluggish computer speed, high latency while gaming... of any kind Honestly it is not my router or my internet While browsing my connection would never slowdown or disconnect at any time so it isn't to be blamed for it Below I have my DDS log I tried using GMER Rootkit Scanner as well with no prevail times my computer would go BSOD even with the adjustments that were recommended in case my computer wasn't able to scan with the regular settings DDS Ver - - - quot Attach quot file Microsoft Windows XP Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime PM hours ago Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERANTIONAL CO LTD MS- Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPU mhz Disk Partitions A is Removable C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is Removable F is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free Disabled Device Manager Items Class GUID D E E-E - CE-BFC - BE Description SM Bus Controller Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp A Manufacturer Name SM Bus Controller PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp A A amp amp A Service System Restore Points RP PM - Software Distribution Service Installed Programs Torrent shared Desktop -Zip Abexo Free Registry Cleaner Acrobat com Adobe AIR Adobe Anchor Service CS Adobe Asset Services CS Adobe Bridge CS Adobe Bridge Start Meeting Adobe Camera Raw Adobe CMaps Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific Adobe Color Common Settings Adobe Color EU Extra Settings Adobe Color JA Extra Settings Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings Adobe Default Language CS Adobe Device Central CS Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Fonts All Adobe Help Viewer CS Adobe Linguistics CS Adobe PDF Library Files Adobe Photoshop CS Adobe Reader Adobe Setup Adobe Shockwave Player Adobe Stock Photos CS Adobe Type Support Adobe Update Manager CS Adobe Version Cue CS Client Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin Adobe XMP Panels CS AIM AIM Toolbar Akamai NetSession Interface Amazon MP Downloader Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update Applian FLV Player Athlon Processor Driver Auslogics Registry Cleaner Avant Browser remove only Bonjour Cheat Engine Counter-Strike Counter-Strike Condition Zero Critical Update for Windows Media Player KB Cryostasis Remove Only Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio Darkest Hour Server Day of Defeat Source DNA Download Updater AOL LLC EPSON Printer Software erLT getPlus R for Adobe Gigabyte Wireless LAN Card GIMP GoldenEye Source - HalfLife Mod Half-Life Deathmatch HijackThis Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Microsoft NET Framework SP KB Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK KB Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK KB Hotfix for Windows Media Player KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB -v Hotfix for Windows XP KB Hotfix for Windows XP KB HyperCam iTunes Java TM Update King's Bounty The Legend Left Dead LimeWire PRO Logitech SetPoint MaddenAmp MadWolf Magic ISO Maker v build Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Microsoft NET Compact Framework SP Microsoft NET Compact Framework Mic... Read more

A:Constant freezing browser, sluggish computer speed, high latency while gaming...

Bump.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/constant-freezing-browser-sluggish-computer-speed-high-latency-while-gaming-535532.html
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 43.86%

If I make a hard reset to my phone, will be deleted also the content of the memory card?

A:Hard reset WM10

If you initiate from the settings menu you will be asked whether or not to erase the SD card. If you initiate using the key combination from a phone that will not start, I don't know what the default behavior is. I suggest you remove the card before using the key combination just to be safe.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438052-hard-reset-wm10.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing! I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps! So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-reset-on-a-14-d004au/td-p/5714711
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I've a great problem. I've activated HP Drive Encryption with no fingerprint access and my tablet dowsn't recognize my password. I can't login and I don't know how to enter in the BIOS. How can I do a hard reset?Thanks!

A:Hard Reset on HP Elite X2

Hard reset documenthttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  You will need to contact HP directly for your issue. See the following web document for contact options.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Hard-Reset-on-HP-Elite-X2/td-p/5540680
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,I have recently smashed my screen so i am using a tv screen with a HDMI cable. I was doing a PowerPoint presentation and then it froze so I restarted my NoteBook but when I went to turn it back on the screen remained blank but it does turn on. I have tried hard reset on the notebook but I can't see it in the HDMI tv screen. And was wondering if there is a way to get everything back up and running again? Thank You.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HDMI Hard Reset.

Hello,Sorry just got everything sorted thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HDMI-Hard-Reset/td-p/5823200
Relevancy 43.86%

After spending after boot reset. only hard will PC many hours perusing various threads on numerous sites I find myself no PC will only boot after hard reset. further on troubleshooting the following boot problem The PC will not boot from cold but will work perfectly after a hard reset Apologies in advance for this massive post but it will prevent exploring places I have explored already I built the following system for my son for Christmas ABIT NF V mb AMD PC will only boot after hard reset. Sempron Boxed with fan single stick mb Kingston DDR Memory ATI Radeon mb video card Sony DVD drive Single Western Digital WD JD rpm SATA gb HDD Zoom G-Wireless USB mbs card TV XP global TV tuner card PCI LG S TFT monitor W PSU with V on the V rail Windows XP home On first assembly everything booted up and worked fine The following day on a cold boot the system hung before during POST No single normal beep and fans were turning and both HDD and DVD drive lights came on The reset button did not have any effect A couple of hard power-offs did the trick - system booted into windows fine Again the following day on a cold start the system hung but I had a couple of different POST codes at different times Two tone siren short beeps repeating longer beep about sec long but did not self shut down just continued with the beeping until I switched the power off reset had no effect On investigating various web sites threads I decided on replacing the PSU two tone beeps out of limit voltage detection and on looking on ABIT TEQ the V rail was a bit unstable about - I also increased AGP and Vcore voltages by small amounts as recommended on the Abit Forum threads but no improvement I replaced the PSU with a Jeantech W unit Bet you can guess though New PSU did not help I have since done three clean installs of windows and formatted the HDD to try to eliminate virus driver snags Incidentally on the windows install the soft reboots initiated by windows setup resulted in single repeated beeps and system hangs Hard power off and reboot again enabled a normal boot back into windows Other threads suggest that the single repeating beep is not a terminal main board problem and I suspected the CMOS battery not enough juice to store the configuration hence the hanging on cold boot but changing it has not helped either I have also swapped RAM and graphics card ATI radeon XT from my other PC to eliminate those components as suspect Also tried running the RAM as rather than - Symptoms remained each time I then noticed that the DVD rom was not always recognised in the BIOS and so suspected an IDE channel failure After discussion with tech support people at ABIT I then RMAed the motherboard and replaced it for an ASUS K V X SE Since fitting the ASUS board the only remaining problem is that the PC will still not boot first time from cold You have to do a hard reset and then it boots fine and runs very well into windows I have now been investigating threads about the WD JD hard drive and its compatibility with the VT R chipset I have jumpered the HDD to lock at mb s Have also swapped in a different DVD drive but no change I am left with thinking that this is a BIOS setting issue or a SATA IDE conflict or BOOT issue I have tried play with boot order and the RAID screen but there appears to be nothing to change there I have also flashed the BIOS to from the ASUS web site I have checked for motherboard shorts seems clear I am also thinking of getting an EIDE HDD just to see if this is the problem but can t see why SATA shouldn t run with IDE on the same board So far I have Changed PSU twice Changed the mainboard Swapped in RAM Swapped in Graphics Card Changed GPU fan supply source Changed CMOS battery Changed voltages in the bios at the advice of the tech support man in UK Run various software based hardware checks eg PC Check and memtest which have all passed Sorry bout the war and peace but having read many threads it seems to pay to be thorough I really am starting struggle... Read more

A:PC will only boot after hard reset.

Wow, sounds like you've essentially swapped in a brand new computer.

You didn't put jumpers on the hard drive, did you? I've heard of that messing up SATA drives. Poke around the BIOS and mess with the drive settings, including raid configs that might not exist. it definately sounds like a BIOS problem related to your hard drive.

That does seem like a royal pain though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-only-boot-after-hard-reset.68670/
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down my laptop today and went shopping. When I came home, it wouldn't turn on. This has happened a couple of times before and I've tried giving it a hard reset. I tried turning it on without the battery and just the power cord and nothing. The light where the power cord goes in is on when it is plugged in. I tried everything and still won't start. My warranty for this laptop is gone and don't know what else to try. Please help!

A:Won't start. Tried hard reset and everything

Hi @krakaholyknight, Thank you for your query. I am happy to lend a helping hand. To confirm that I have the correct product, yours is a HP Stream Notebook-11-d007na? I understand that your notebook was working when you shut it down. When you tried turning it on again it would not start. This has occurred a couple of times before and a hard reset  resolved the issue. You tried removing the battery but that did not help. You do see a light on the power port when connected to AC power.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please let me know the outcome. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-start-Tried-hard-reset-and-everything/td-p/5760886
Relevancy 43.86%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there any way to disable a hard reset of a laptop (i.e. holding the power button down for five seconds)? Could one use C sharp or something like this to achieve this goal? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Disable Hard Reset

There's usually a setting in the BIOS to control this behavior. In XP and Vista you can adjust the settings for the Power button in the Control Panel...Power Options applet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157338/disable-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.86%

My -month-old laptop was running poorly so I backed up my data to an external drive and used the Settings menu to reset the computer to its original state including deleting all data files nbsp The reset hung up at for many minutes without change so I tried a hard reset per the instructions on hard to reset Unable the HP Support website nbsp I removed the battery held down the Power button for seconds to discharge the capacitors reinstalled the battery and hit the Power button nbsp I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner for a few seconds then the HP logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes dark nbsp This repeats endlessly nbsp No startup menu ever appears Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and repeating the hard reset instructions has no effect nbsp The startup seems to get caught in a never-ending loop nbsp I just want to reset the laptop to its original configuration Any suggestions nbsp nbsp

A:Unable to hard reset

There are other ways you could run Reset/Recovery:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-hard-reset/td-p/5826966
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I am frustrated I wanted to dual-boot Windows on my Windows Home Premium laptop and shrinked my Drive Hard Reset disk by about GB I went on to create a new volume as you can see in the screenshot below I actually re-installed Reset Hard Drive Windows and succesfully managed to do so but now when I boot the Windows installer I get to the quot select volume quot part and the only option I can choose is my Windows volume Windows II in the screenshot For every other volume all the options like formatting deleting and creating a new one are greyed out Trying to install on unallocated space also does not work Now I have almost given up I have got almost no space left on my active volume and can not increase it nor can I install a new operating system because it doesn't work any of the virtual volumes What I would like to do now is to either be able to extend my active volume or to reset the whole harddrive and to re-install Windows all over again Please help me sevenforums

A:Reset Hard Drive

Well, for starters your disk is dynamic - no good. If you want that many primary partitions, initialize it in GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367494-reset-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.43%

My mother has Computer sometimes hard boot reset without won't an HP that runs Windows Vista Premium Home Its about - yrs old Two weeks ago the power went off for a few minutes when it was on Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset or in sleep mode When she tried to turn it back on she could see the quot cd light quot blink once or twice the fans came on but no power I found the directions to unplug all the cords and hold the power button down to reset it Well it worked I then ran Malwarebytes and it did find one or two things but they were removed Today she called me to tell me the same thing happened But the power never went out She had it on and it must have gone into a sleep mode and Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset nothing worked to bring it out She had to reset it again Does anyone know what would be causing this to happen I m wondering if its something I could easily fix myself or if we need to bring it to someone to be repaired

A:Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset

Hello kat91119,Some people have been able to awaken the monitor when the computer is in "sleep" mode by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL (not holding them) and then clicking cancel. You could try going through this troubleshooting guide: How to Troubleshoot a Vista or Windows 7 Sleep Mode Problem.You will note that they recommend updating the display drivers and the system bios, first. I wouldn't worry about the bios at this point but would check the computer manufacturer's web site to see if they have an "updated" display driver. How to determine the dispaly adapter name and version then go to manufacturer's website:First, click "Start" (the globe) and right mouse click on "Computer" and click "Properties."Select "Device Manager" then click on the (+) next to "Display Adapters." Write down the make and model number.Next, right mouse click on the Display Adapter and click "Properties," "Driver" tab, and write down driver date and driver version.Now you can go the computer manufacturer's web site (i.e. Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), look for "Download Drivers and Software" (may have to click on Support, first). Enter either "Tag number" or exact "make and model number." Select the computer operating system (Vista 32 or Vista 64).Look for your exact display adapter, note date and driver version. If newer, download and install.Finally, proceed with the troubleshooting guide.I hope it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433786/computer-wont-boot-sometimes-without-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.43%

The issue started a few weeks ago when it seemed my HDD failed sent it to a shop to be tested and repaired Went through HDDs before the rd actually worked that's the HDD i'm currently using ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Drive It hard reset only locks from and a up responds Pc worked fine up until a few days ago when random screen freezes started to occur mainly when playing online games such as World of Warcraft Each day the game would freeze to the point that the entire system locked up and only a hard reset would work it went from a couple of freezes a day to - a day Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset The HDD itself showed no signs of failing Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset or struggling and all drivers are up to date I then ran Memtest on both Rams then each while in the primary slot a combined total of tests all of which passed Then booted up the PC with Ram at a time and it worked fine my next step was to run HDDScan but for some reason it would not allow me to hit the S M A R T button even though it recognised my HDD I must also say that at times the boot up has been extremely slow to the point I thought it froze it seems hit and miss whether it reaches the desktop screen With both RAM in it struggles to fully boot up too Linked the DXDiag file which gives a run down of everything EDIT Finally on the pc with only Ram installed running HDDScan right now and will post a screenshot of the outcome shortly It's just strange that it's able to boot up with each RAM but when both are installed it struggles thing to add is that I contacted World of Warcraft Tech Support as the crashes happened more frequent when playing the game they stated that my network drives were out of date from and my BIOS drivers from yet when I tried to update both I got a quot not compatible quot pop up that was from the manufacturers website Hope this helps

A:Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

This is the outcome of my HDDScan, I really can't tell whether there's issues or not. Some help appreciated. I'm really starting to think my PSU may be at fault, Atrix 650t 12v but I'm finding very little on reviews or complaints about the product.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313881-pc-locks-up-only-responds-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I've been having this problem with my computer since I had it built a while back When I'm doing anything on my computer it will sometimes completely freeze up and I will have to do a hard reset to fix it After I do a hard reset my mouse and wireless network adapter It's a USB one will have to be replugged for them to work again I've tried getting a new HDD and graphics card both of those replacements failed in remedying the problem I'm completely unsure of what could be causing the problem now I'm not sure if this is related or not but I originally had another motherboard of the same type in it but it failed then later I had to remove one RAM stick I originally had GB of RAM in the computer but now I've had to remove all of the sticks except the one Also Speccy shows that my RAM is at MHz while I have it set to MHz in the BIOS Here's my Needed Reset Crashing Hard & specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz RAM GB Single-Channel DDR Motherboard ASRock X Extreme Graphics AMD Radeon HD Series HDD GB Western Digital Any help would be really appreciated thanks so much in advance

A:Crashing & Hard Reset Needed

Thank you for supplying your specs, but you forgot the most important one, the Power Supply Unit.
Freezing is usually caused by overheating or an underpowered or failing PSU. Remove the side clean out all dust, blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label and post the Make, Model # and Wattage of the PSU. If it is under 500Watts it is underpowered for your setup Get a PSU of 550Watts or better. .
Boot into Setup (Bios) and set it to Failsafe Defaults (F5). This should set the proper speed for your RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crashing-and-hard-reset-needed-691834.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings on hard reset Accidental router- Help! we recently got a new desktop and Accidental hard reset on router- Help! my nephew configured the wireless DLink router for the desktop and two laptops It was all working fine with our home network connecting with all the computers Then my laptop stopped being connected to the home network I tried rebooting didn t help I read online that I should reset the router- so I pushed on the reset button and reset it Then I learned that was the worst thing I could Accidental hard reset on router- Help! have done-my home network disappeared I think it deleted all the configurations on the router My question now is- can I get it all back Accidental hard reset on router- Help! I am very computer illiterate I do have the CD that came with the router- can I just reinstall it with the CD I see that the home network is still on the computer but it will not show up on the internet access The only way I can connect to the internet is using the DLink internet access but I understand that is not safe So- is there any way to recover all the configurations my nephew put in or must I start from scratch Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Accidental hard reset on router- Help!

ask your nephew if he saved the settings for you, or try searching your computer for a file named something like this

network settings.conf

not sure if DLink save as .conf files but worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidental-hard-reset-on-router-help.1086000/
Relevancy 43.43%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.43%

New laptop May 2016, with Win 10 x 64  installed.  Ran all upgrades.  Since purchase, every time I restart, shut down etc, it 'resets' all of the personalized settings, especially annoying is the mouse/touch pad.  I have to open settings every single time and select the disable touch pad, and also select the have touchpad icon on task bar.  While I'm in this session, all is fine, but a soon as I shut down/restart it goes back to squre one, starting point ever time.  It's very annoying.  Especially that the icon won't stay on the task bar-I have to go to settings, advanced/more settings...etc.  I've updated everything, I've run 'fixes' have tried everything I can think of.  Thanks much!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Every-restart-is-basically-a-hard-reset-and-I-m-NOT-doing-a/td-p/5658118
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer used to have the "blue screen." Then my computer completely crashed (when I hit the power button, the light on the desktop blinks a little and shuts off)...It does not turn on the screen either...

I think it might be the hard drive. Is there a way to reset the hard drive without having to turn on? (Is there a button you can push to reset it somewhere? etc.)

Even if it is not the hard drive I would still like to completely reset it...

Thanks for any advice

A:Reset Hard Drive Manually

No. There isn't a reset for the HDD.

If the PC won't even power up properly, there is likely a hardware failure or at a minimum, something inside the PC is not properly connected/installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-hard-drive-manually.1014065/
Relevancy 43.43%

My USB port is disabled in BIOS. How do I hard reset the BIOS with no keyboard access? Thanks in advance.

A:Hard reset BIOS on Stick 300

I have this problem too. I've sent a message to Lenovo to see if they have a procedure. I know that for other devices it is possible to reset using just a power button menu. catzi67: did you manage to solve the issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Hard-reset-BIOS-on-Stick-300/td-p/2267136
Relevancy 43.43%

Somebody can tell how can i make a hard reset to my lenovo flex 2 15" i dont have the one key restore key i need help my laptops always is loading

A:Lenovo flex 2 hard reset!!

You might not have to totally reset your computer. Try these options first 1) Check to see if you have any memory cards, usb flash drives, or disks connected to the computer. ANYTHING. No wireless mouses. No USB headsets. No CDs in the optical drive. NOTHING that is not the power cable should be pluged into or in your pc. 2) Boot up in Safe ModeHold down F8 on your keyboard before you turn the computer on and hold it. You should be able to use the advanced recovery options. More info on this here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode. Uninstall all of your recent programs or ones that should not be there (i.e, you dont remeber downloading it, or its not nessesary for you). 3) Recovery PartitionHolding F11 on start up supposedly gives the option of a recovery partition, yet I've never used it before, or know if it'll fix everything. Might be worth a shot. 4) An actual reset.To answer your origional question, here's all the possible ways at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Hope this helps!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-2-hard-reset/td-p/3442142
Relevancy 43.43%

i have an On-Q router, model# P/N 364772-01.

I'm trying to re-establish the home network, but I cant get anything to connect to the router. IP config shows no gateway, and I cant ping the router. I dont think I've ever had to do a hard reset on this router, but nothing blinks or flashes to indicate a reset took. This is a wired network, nothing is wi-fi.

Is there anything I can do??? Or is the router a brick now?

Edit: Im googling like mad, but it doesnt help when i have such an obscure router model. Would i be able to access anything if i connected my computer to the WAN port?

Relevancy 43.43%

After working fine (well mostly) for the last couple of years, my network has been crashing for the last week or so. While connected to the internet, minding their own business, suddenly all 3 of my computers will lose internet access. I've tried everything, including following the instructions received on the D-Link help line (model DI-624), and I can get the system back up for a while, but inevitably it will crash again almost immediately. The only thing that has worked so far is doing a a hard reset (is that what it's called?) where you stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold for 20 or so seconds.

Question 1: Does this mean my router must be replaced?

Question 2: Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients? Would that cause the whole shebang to crash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am so frustrated!

A:D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

'Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients?'

Possibly.

The obvious test is to run only 1, and if it happens, keep alternating one out and another in. If all 3 get the router failure 1 at a time, then the router is toast. If single comp causes the fail, then the comp NIC is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-needs-hard-reset.109730/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, i am tarequl, i was wondering, is it necessary to hard reset my phone after a update? And how much would be the size of the upcoming anniversary update? Thaks.

A:Should i hard reset my phone after a update?

There's no real need to hard reset after an update unless you have a problem that needs a hard reset.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/434786-should-i-hard-reset-my-phone-after-update.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've tried the hard reset 3 tines, I've replaced the battery with a new one, and still my laptop will not turn on. The white led light starts out white while plugged in, then turns amber, then turns white after a few minutes and starts blinking. If I attempt to power on the laptop while it's plugged in, the led light turns off and does not turn back on until I take the battery out, put it back in and plug the ac adapter in again. Nothing turns on, no fans and no keyboard lights. The only sign of power is the led light. Help please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Even-after-a-hard-reset-my-hp-laptop-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5655805
Relevancy 43.43%

Sometimes after a power failure, the computer wont reboot from the hard disk. Instead we get a statement which says, and I loosely quote: Boot hardware not found. Insert disc and press F1 or press F2 for setup.

Last night the disc wouldnt let it boot up either. I went to F2 and tried to change the boot from the CDROM to the hard disk, the problem was HARD DISK was not in the window as a selection. Finally after doing some things that now I cant remember, I went back to the same window and low and behold Hard disk is now a part of the selection. The computer then booted from the hard disk, and is now operating fine.

Can someone explain to me what I did to get it working so that when this happens again I have the method of repair at hand. Thanks so much.

Mike

A:How To Reset Boot From Hard Disk

You probably clicked on Automatically detect hard drive in the Bios. You should purchase a UPS device to stop your computer corruption from power failures. In time your hardware will be damaged.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81082/how-to-reset-boot-from-hard-disk/