Windows Support Forum

Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

Q: Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

I turn-on the power on my laptop and all I see is a cycle of Red, Green, Blue, White, & Black of color on my screen. Computer was working the night before. I do not know much about troubleshooting a computer. Can anyone please give me an advice or guide if this is something I would be able to tinker to work or bring the laptop over for service.
I have a Dell XPS1730 (5 years old) with Nvidia IUPGA5D G84. Recently, upgraded to Windows 7
I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.
Daire

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop screen flashes RGBWB color upon power-up

The internal video has died. To verify this you can attach an external monitor and see if the display is normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-flashes-rgbwb-color-upon-power-up.203382/
Relevancy 74.39%

When I plug power cord into computer the led at port stays on couple seconds then goes off.  And when I push power button or wifi button or touch pad buttons the lightning bolt light on front of computer flashes four times slow flashes.  Then after if I push power button it flashes three quick flashes from then on.  No other lights flash and no beeps.  Totally unresponsive computer.  Tried hard reset didn't help.  Computer does nothing with battery out and just power plugged in.  Tried reseating memory nothing helped.  Can't find definite light code chart for my model.  Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/g71-340us-wont-power-on-power-light-flashes-4-slow-flashes/td-p/5778876
Relevancy 70.09%

im new to this situation and my first encounter sorry for being noob my laptop power button flashes orange while i am charging and the lid was close. any idea what happen to my laptop?

A:Laptop power button flashes orange?

The flashing orange light usually means that the battery is being charged from the mains-powered charger unit.
When battery is charged fully that light should change to green

Laptop makes may differ though .. for example when my laptop is charging the orange light is on, but it does not flash .. it stays on orange until it is fully charged, then changes to green

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53278-laptop-power-button-flashes-orange.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just completed a fresh install of Windows on my Dell XPS For some reason when the computer is on battery power and is idle the screen will flicker Basically if I am on battery power the moment I stop typing or using the mouse the screen will flicker after about a second Then as soon as I resume using the computer it will flicker again It will also flash at random other times Only when on battery power so far As I mentioned I just completed a fresh install of windows after reformatting my drive because of virus issues I Solved: when also battery drivers Screen issue Flashes with on power, did have some issues with getting drivers installed and still have have that are missing see attached photo I have not been able to get these drivers to install One thought I had Solved: Screen Flashes when on battery power, also issue with drivers is that the screen issue may be a result of improperly installed graphics drivers Just a thought Any and all help is greatly appreciated System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Solved: Screen Flashes when on battery power, also issue with drivers Inc K H G Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Screen Flashes when on battery power, also issue with drivers

You should check your power settings at first and change them from what they are as a first step to troubleshooting. For example, if you computer goes to power saver automatically then turn it to high performance temporarily to see if the problem continues or turn it to power saver if it's on high performance (all while it's on battery of course).

If the issue is resolved by those steps then you should check out your drivers, or there is not enough current being provided by your battery for your GPU and you may need a new battery, especially if the issue is occurring when you are on high performance. A local computer store can check if that's the best option for you if you don't want to pay for a new battery right away as it may not be the issue entirely.

In terms of the drivers, you should first make sure your GPU drivers are working properly, following that check your other drivers and ensure that all the ones you are using are working properly and are up-to-date. Use the integrated Dell tool, or check the Dell website for your model for driver updates, ensure you've downloaded all the ones for your respective newly installed OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-flashes-when-on-battery-power-also-issue-with-drivers.1076383/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,

Hoping you can help. I have an advent laptop (roma 2000) and it's been running fine on windows 7. Yesterday I ran a virus check and the screen died. When you restart the screen briefly flashes to show advent start up and windows start up and then nothing. I was told to reset the bios butit's still the same. The external monitor works fine and when i disconnect it i get another flash so i guess the backlight is ok?

Has anyone got any ideas as all the graphics settings are normal and I'm stumped,

Thanks.

A:Screen on laptop flashes, then dead

Welcome!

Try uninstalling the graphics card driver from Device Manager and rebooting. Then let Windows automatically install the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/65963-screen-laptop-flashes-then-dead.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Best way I can explain the flashes is that I get this pink blue reddish mess of a whole lot of colors on my screen It literally happens in seconds and flashes colors Laptop flashes screen sometimes it recurs and other times it won t Where the colors Laptop screen flashes colors are also changes sometimes about of my screen flashes this mess of colors other times less or it appears as lines I Laptop screen flashes colors have no idea what it is However if I could draw a similarity it s sorta like the mess of colors you get on your screen if its broken damaged No shape or pattern just a lot of colors Though my screen isn t broken or damaged It s actually working fine as I type this for instance hence my loss of what it could be I Laptop screen flashes colors d also like to add that this occurred specifically while I was playing an online game Though in addition to that I d also like to point out that a minor version of it appeared when I restarted my computer and it loaded into Windows So I m pretty lost as to what it is Any ideas Really hoping its nothing that will cripple my laptop completely - - nbsp

A:Laptop screen flashes colors

That sounds a bit like either the video cable is badly connected or the graphics chip is suffering from the well known "ball grid array" problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flashes-colors.1132456/
Relevancy 65.36%

I bought a refurbished computer on the 19th of March and about a week ago a blue screen started flashing and the it would restart and work fine for a while. The restarting is random, I just changed my settings to stop the automatic restart, I have windows xp professional and Im not sure what else you need to know. Please help me. Also.... my husband bought a game and tried to play it but after the download it said that the dx9 driver was not up to date, i also downloaded it from a link on this site. in my directx logs it says that its unable to find mscoree.dll. I had a computer years ago that kept crashing from that but it completly crashed before i could fix it. My husband downloaded some file sharing bs even though i told him not to. I hope he did not get a virus. Please help me
Thanks

A:blue screen flashes then laptop restarts

Hi jess_bohannon,

First post the full specs of the computer specs here. This will help us troubleshoot your computer issue.

One thing you can do is to update the computer hardware drivers on the computer. Update the videocard drivers, motheboard chipset drivers, and even soundcard drivers and see if that helps resolves the blue screen issue. Also, if the blue-screen error comes up again, please post the stop error here as well.

Another thing you can do if the blue-screen persist after updating the computer hardware drivers, is to perform a check disk repair on the computer and see if that works out for you. Here is the link to the instructions on how to perform a check disk repair: How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

I would also go to the manufacturer's website of the hard-drive on your computer, download their "HDD Dianostics Utility" program, put the program onto a CD, boot the computer to it, and test the hard-drive for any errors. Hope everything works for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-flashes-then-laptop-restarts-563125.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My Hp Laptop Will Boot Up But Then Flashes A Quick Unreadable Blue Screen.then Restarts Only To Repeat This Same Frustrating Process!!!

Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

Relevancy 65.36%

My hp laptop screen flashes sevaral times during start. But wont Go to windows loading screen. I tried hard to find out the problem but i failed. There is no problem with the HDD, RAM. I thought the problem is with the cooling system so i cleaned it but no effect. Now it starts after 8/10 times flashing and there is no problem after the start. Can anyone give me a solution of this ?  Video clip of My TroubleThank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-Hp-laptop-probook-450-screen-flashes-several-times-during/td-p/5787573
Relevancy 65.36%

HP G60-230 US laptop with Windows Vista Home, Pentium processor and 3GB of RAM will not boot. Upon pushing on/off button the lights come on and the screen flashes but no POST information presents itself. Computer was working fine last week and suddenly it does not. Can anyone assist? (I do not have a recovery or Vista OS disc).

A:Laptop will not boot but lights come on and screen flashes

"I do not have a recovery or Vista OS disc"Unfortunately it wouldn't be any use if you did have the discs. The laptop is not POSTing and a disc won't fix that. It's more likely to be a hardware fault, though I couldn't say which component it is.If you know a reliable laptop repair shop in your neighbourhood, ask them to take a look at it. Or ask a friend who knows there way around a laptop's internals.Component failure on a laptop usually means a new motherboard, and since that will cost a lot of money including fitting cost, if often makes more sense just to buy a new laptop.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/laptop-will-not-boot-but-lights-come-on-and-screen-flashes/13939.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I recently purchased a new 12 cell battery for my HP dv-1659us laptop. I never have my laptop plugged in now days...as opposed to always having my laptop plugged in, becaues the HP OEM battery sucked. (So i couldn't tell you if it was the battery's problem.)

But, now, whenever I'm unplugged, ever so often, usually when im on Youtube, my laptop automatically goes to sleep and turns off the HD. I have to press my power key to wake it up..log back in..and my applications/ youtube video resumes. I checked my power management, put it to sleep at around 30 minutes, so I know that its not sleeping because I'm "inactive". Anyone know what might be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flashes-and-constant-sleep-after-purchasing-new-battery.859559/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay So I have been busy trying to get my old laptop started up again When I start it up it restarts. startup and then flashes up screen blue logo shows Laptop does the usual Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts. stuff it shows the logo But then a blue screen flashes before my eyes And it restarts again Now I have gone through multiple things to try and fix the problem but I just can't seem to resolve it I have tried safe mode but the same thing occurs blue screen Then I tried to start up the laptop with the f option called start up using settings from last succesful startup Roughly translated out of Dutch but this also failed and the same thing happens Then I tried to go to the recover your computer option of which I still remember that from there you can set back your laptop or pc to the factory settings something that I wouldn't mind because I just want the laptop to start I don't care if I can recover the files that used to be on it This also fails but this one is a bit strange because when I select the recover your computer option it goes to a normal windows screen no text shows up or anything Just my cursor and a nice shiny loading background screen of windows It feels like I have tried everything and I've looked at other posts on the site but I just can't seem to fix it mostly because I cannot set the laptop back to factory settings because of the shiny blue loading screen without text which is all I want I figured out how Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts. read the blue screen that flashes up not the Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts. shiny loading screen so here it is A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUMEIf this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you may need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced startup options and then select safemode Technical information STOP x ED xFFFFFA CD xFFFFFFFFC x x I am hoping you can tell me something magical and positive but I am thinking that I'm royally beeped btw I can remember my big brother saying that he removed some file and that from that moment the laptop wouldn't start up again but I have no clue what file or if that is even the truth

A:Laptop shows startup logo then blue screen flashes up and restarts.

What is the make and model of this laptop?

It sounds like you have been able to boot into the Advanced Boot Options.  If you still can move the pointer to Repair your computer, then press Enter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593086/laptop-shows-startup-logo-then-blue-screen-flashes-up-and-restarts/
Relevancy 61.49%

Don't have the proper terminology to relate the problem I'm having but I Work Doesnt Background When Keyboard Color Flashes hope I can improvise some When Background Color Flashes Keyboard Doesnt Work language terms and get my point When Background Color Flashes Keyboard Doesnt Work across At the top of my screen is about an inch of background color--I picked this color when I set up my desktop theme This area is also the area where the IE tabs open up the address bar is the home history and settings When Background Color Flashes Keyboard Doesnt Work icons are and the forward and backward icons are Every - seconds this colored area flashes to a white color and when the white appears the keyboard no longer works This is what a sentence looksllike wen Itype while the white area is flashing and don't make any kinof repairs to the typed words The plac where the words aren't rrect are when the white secon flashes anthe keyboard isn't working I've been over at the virus malware forum and got a clean bill of health so this shouldn't be an infection problem

A:When Background Color Flashes Keyboard Doesnt Work

Do you have the system fully updated from MS? Do you have all the latest hardware drivers installed? Is this a 3rd party software for customization?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/when-background-color-flashes-keyboard-doesnt-work-1048178.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792 w/ XP & P4 has greenpower chord is lit and yellow battery light is flashing when power chord is plugged in. After I press the power button, the power chord light changes to yellow, begins flashing and the battery light goes out. Removing the battery gives the same results. Pressing and holding power button down for 20 seconds w/ battery out yields same result as well. Suggestions?

A:A25-S2792 doesn't power up yellow light flashes after pressing power button

The motherboard is bad. Have you tried reseating the memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a25-s2792-doesnt-power-up-yellow-light-flashes-after-pressing-power-button.158750/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone,

My pc just shut down this morning. I had a spare power pack- brand new and I fitted that.

Windows ran perfectly for 10 minutes then the same thing happened again!

I noticed on both occasions, that even after I had removed the extenal power lead, the green power 'on' light kept on flashing on/off.

I have never noticed that before when a power pack 'blew'.

Does anyone think I was unlucky with a 'duff' replacement power pack?

Is the flashing power light indicative of some oother fault?

Any and all help welcome. PLEASE!

Many thanks.

grissom

Relevancy 60.2%

I am using windows 8 in HP r007tx .Whenever the power card is plugged in charging port the displays off and gets on.Vice versa when i switch off charger , the display goes black and back normal. This issue was on windows 10 so i changed to windows 8. Now same happening in this os also.Kindly resolve this issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/display-flashes-when-power-plugin-power-card-off-on/td-p/5745022
Relevancy 60.2%

Yea...so we finally got my girlfriends new PC up and running. The problem im having...or more of a concern really. Is when you flip off the power supply, and then flip it back on, the PC gets a short burst of power. IE the lights and fans all come on for a second or two. Then you can press the power button and turn it back on.

Any ideas guys?

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there,Recently my acer aspire laptop screen has started to change colour, this happens horizintially and appears to change reds to greens and so forth, I can get this stop if i carefully adjust the screen, however, when i hook my laptop up to my television i don't have any problems at all, does anyone know what could be wrong and how do I go about fixing it, without much expense?

A:laptop screen changes color

laptop model? by the way can be a bad monitor cable or monitor itself; it's hard to find the culprit without seeing it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/laptop-screen-changes-color/td-p/425364/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop screen is red, except for web pages, which sometimes have some red on them. I can use an external monitor which works normally

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/my-laptop-screen-is-red-on-startup-and-stays-that-color/783.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i just got a new laptop with a 17 inch screen, if i pull up a web site with allot of typed wording (not graphics) i can sometimes see faint green or red almost like a shadow of some of the wording. but if i go to a solid screen it is not there.. so i am almost sure its not dead pixels. anyone else ever experience this?

edit
did some searching on the web and found the term to be color bleeding?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-color-issue-on-laptop-screen.680944/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi,

i have a HP dv1315 laptop. so far ive loved it. however, today i notice it has a very strange color "splotch" in the right corner. the color below the outline is very brither, and the rest of the screen is less well lit, but still legible. it looks like the right corner is the original brightness of the screen though.

a friend says this is a sign of a screen going bad. has anyone else heard of this? and if so, are there any fixes prior to replacing the screen?

Relevancy 58.48%

For some odd reason, after one day of upgrading from Vista to Windows 7 yesterday, my computer's screen saver stopped and had this weird colored line across the top of my laptops monitor...I restarted and right after the boot up screen it shoots the color line across the top of the screen. No matter what I do it just ends with the line at the top. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW285J laptop. The thing ran amazing until just a little while ago. I've read that it might be my graphics card, but if that's the case then why does it show the windows 7 setup stuff when I try to reinstall windows 7. I'd dona clean install to see if my problem is fixed (though I doubt it), but I'm afraid of it resulting in my wifi and LAN not working.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/2de33cec.jpg

A:Weird Color Line across the top of my laptop screen...

Install the latest video drivers
Sony eSupport - VGN-FW285J - Software Updates & Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143490-weird-color-line-across-top-my-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello ,I'm using HP 15-D005TU laptop ,Today morning while I was playing game the screen suddenly became pink every thing is appearing in pink shade, also battery is draining very fast ( approx 1% in 1-2 mins) restarted it few time , got normal for few minutes after which it gain gone pink.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-screen-turned-pink-color-shaded/td-p/5676734
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi My laptop died all of a sudden, and now powering on I see no activity except three orange flashes from the charging LED on the laptop.Does anyone know what these three orange flashes signify? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/No-power-up-three-orange-flashes/td-p/5706460
Relevancy 55.9%

I found a 1.7 ghz p4 motherboard on the cheap to upgrade my old p3 667, and i bought it in "working" condition, but i don't think so. Anyways, i got a pentium 4 support psu hooked up, and some pc-800/8 ram (it takes pc-800, would it work with pc-800/8?), and powered it on, and it just makes some strange beep code, followed by 1-1-1-1 beep code, but it dosen't post or show the bios, just a blank screen. So i reset the bios by taking out the battery for about 8 hours to ensure there was no charge left, and powered it back on, now it does not beep, but the power light just blinks, and still no screen.

Anyways, it is an HP-Vectra VL-800 motherboard
P4 1.7 ghz socket 423
pc-800/8 (takes pc-800 ram, but i think 800/8 works?)
the cpu fan comes on if that is any help.

A:Power light flashes

ok, i just set all the motherboard swithes to on, and now it gives me a beep code of 1 1-1-1 1-1-1 1. Anyone know what that means?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-light-flashes.90516/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I'm updating a friend's computer. It already came with Windows 8.1. It's an Asus Transformer T100.

I have this strange problem. Normally, the screen has the correct color and brightness. However, whenever I'm using Windows Mail (Windows 8 app), the screen will change to this yellowish/grayish hue or tint. I switch to another app or a desktop program and the screen returns to normal. Only with this app do I have this problem!

I went to color profiles and management to see if it was a setting. I'm not very familiar with color profiles so I didn't do anything. I did run the screen calibration utility. No fix.

I turned off adaptive brightness.

It's just Windows 8 Mail that has the problem!

A:Windows 8 Mail changes screen color.color profile problem?

I found out what's the problem is.

Asus has a utility called Asus Reading Mode or something like that. You can add apps to that list and any apps on that list will cause the screen to change color to make it more readable I suppose. You can disable the feature by flipping the toggle switch in the app. Then all the apps will maintain the correct screen color.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/36934-windows-8-mail-changes-screen-color-color-profile-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

So, when I am using the Windows lock screen, especially when I am not currently signed in, Windows tends to set my lock screen accent color to purple, much like my wife's account on the computer. She has chosen a purple accent color for her account, which is fine, except that mine is red. Now, this is not really a huge issue, as everything is normal once I have logged in, but the fact that everyone else's account is normal and it isn't assigning that color to any other accounts is extremely annoying. I've just been dealing with it for the past few months and I'm just tired of it.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to this? Or maybe an explanation as to why this would be happening? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/33209-lock-screen-accent-color-frequently-changes-another-users-color.html
Relevancy 55.04%

No keyboard. mouse, or screen connected. windows 7 new installation.  Avast, firefox, and Ccleaner downloaded and installed. Eumen.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/power-led-flashes-orange-on-turn-on/td-p/5703146
Relevancy 55.04%

My notebook model is ES1-411-POCM. Some time ago it stopped booting immediately after pressing the power button. It keeps blinking for 5 seconds and will not boot for many hours (screen is blank and cooling fan does not spin) until finaly it boots and works fine. I have checked everything that has to do with the OS (Windows 10) and it works well. I am scared to hibernate or shutdown as this takes me back to square one. Any body out there with an idea and solution to my problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-es1-411-power-indicator-flashes-every-5-seconds-without/td-p/442238/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Greetings,, I have a Dell Dimension E510. The other night, my son went to shut down the computer, and before it went down the correct way, he turned the power off. Now when he tries to turn the pc on, the power light will flash slowly, but the pc will never boot up. If it was a bad power supply, the power button would not even light up... right? Any ideas?

A:power light flashes, but pc won't boot

Get your Service Tag number (on the system and the paperwork) and type it in here to access all the stuff on your PC: http://support.dell.com/support/top...t_central?~ck=ln&c=us&cs=04&l=en&lnki=0&s=bsd
Look in the FAQ's or the manuals for how to reset the CMOS and that will probably fix it.
Your system has gotten stuck in a power save state.
The E510's need a BIOS upgrade (under downloads) to fixe several problems. Get it too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-light-flashes-but-pc-wont-boot.740989/
Relevancy 55.04%

I don't know if this is the right place but I couldn't find a place for monitor help, and I have. Win vista so I decided to post here,.so my monitor is Samsung and the problem is the power button flashes on and off and I know the visual cables aren't the problem, usually when I just plug the monitor in (just the power cable) it says "no signal.found" which I guess means the
Vgi and the dvi cables arent connected but this time I get black screen and power button blinks.

A:Monitor Power button flashes

Whats the model number of the Samsung monitor?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-power-button-flashes.1119220/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Starting Saturday whenever I press my power button to turn on flashes power pressed and on is rapidly when My PC off my computer it rapidly turns on and off The LED lights on my fans are about half the brightness they regularly are As well the lights from my audio card flash on and off This leads me to believe its My PC flashes on and off rapidly when power is pressed an issue with my power supply I did some searching and came across THIS thread but unlike in that particular case I can get My PC flashes on and off rapidly when power is pressed my PC to turn on and run perfectly My PC flashes on and off rapidly when power is pressed smooth after about - trys of flicking the switch on my power bar and trying to boot my PC Having this though makes me think it may be an issue with my motherboard I have tried checking the connections inside my pc a different wall socket and a different power bar Here is a video I managed to take with my iPod Code http www youtube com watch v BrfKjhCMEnU Thank you for any help or suggestions

A:My PC flashes on and off rapidly when power is pressed

Hi! Shimmer93, welcome to 7F

The exact same symptoms I was having on my XP box, It took a new PSU to correct the problem.

If you don't have a couple of high powered cards installed you can get away with one that is rated for 500w. $45USD

If you do, go up to 700 or 800w. At the least match what you already have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137607-my-pc-flashes-off-rapidly-when-power-pressed.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My notebook model is ES1-411-POCM. Some time ago it stopped booting immediately after pressing the power button. It keeps blinking for 5 seconds and will not boot for many hours (screen is blank and cooling fan does not spin) until finaly it boots and works fine. I have checked everything that has to do with the OS (Windows 10) and it works well. I am scared to hibernate or shutdown as this takes me back to square one. Any body out there with an idea and solution to my problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-es1-411-power-indicator-flashes-every-5-seconds-without/td-p/442238
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello guys.  Can anyone help me understand the power supply on the HP Envy Phoenix 860-019?  The PCIE connector 6 pin connected to the GTX 960 has black and white wires.  Shouldn't there be yellow and black wires?  Yellow is usually 12 volt and black wires ground.  Is the 6 pin connected to my GTX 960  supplying a standard 75 watts of power or something else?  I want to install a GTX 1070 but the 6 pin wire colors are not the industry standard color scheme.  Also there is a 2 pin power connector with a white and black wire.  Usually a 6 pin and a 2 pin can be used together to connect into a 8 pin socket on a GTX 1070.  Will my connectors supply the needed power and connect properly because the color scheme on the wires make no sense. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Strange-Color-Scheme-for-Power-Connectors-on-Power-Supply-of/td-p/5819631
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the font/background colors on the Windows 7 log screen. I just accepted a position with a school and a few computers have customized log screen font colors/backgrounds. The Windows 7 classic background is there, but the username and password boxes have been changed. For example, one computer has green text that sits on a black background for both username and password. Another has a different combination of colors. I've searched related topics but am having trouble finding a good, clear cut solution. I basically just want to reset the log screen back to the default white background with black text for each box.

Anyone advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

A:Windows 7 Log Screen Font Color/Background Color

Hello, try this below

Logon Screen - Change Text Color in Windows

Also, make sure you don't have your settings set to high contrast black/green theme
Theme - Change or Save

To change logon background
Log On Screen - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355674-windows-7-log-screen-font-color-background-color.html
Relevancy 54.61%

How can I change background color of the document I am working on but not have that color print when I print the document?

A:wordperfect how to change screen color but not print color

Try going to File, Print and see if there is a setting there, it would be something like do not print background.
I don't use word perfect so I am going by what I have seen in other programs.

In Word I think it is listed under Tools, Options printing.

You will have to check the settings for background.

ALso try background in the help in the program or background printing under help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wordperfect-how-to-change-screen-color-but-not-print-color.97239/
Relevancy 54.61%

For some reason two of the LCDs at our office, when the employee steps away for a couple minutes, I think it goes into power save mode and the screen goes black but it won't come back up when they return and shake the mouse or hit any keys. The green LED flashes during this time as well. Any clue what may be causing this or how to fix it? We do have APC BackUPS' attached to each. Could this be a problem?

A:LCD, Green LED Flashes and won't come back on after power save

Are you sure the PC isn't hibernating?

Go into Power Options and check the Hibernate tab to see if hibernation is enabled.

If the system goes into hibernation, moving the mouse and/or tapping keys will not bring it back. You have to hit the power button on the PC.

Lydokane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lcd-green-led-flashes-and-wont-come-back-on-after-power-save-143537.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have what I presume is a power supply problem When I turn my PC on at the plug the green power turn stops flashes, PC can't Power light on until light on the front of my case flashes at me and I can t turn my PC on until it s stopped The light on the back of the PSU also flashes Now if it only flashed for thirty seconds I wouldn t care What difference does an extra thirty seconds It s not as if the intarweb is going to die in the space of time it takes for me to turn the PC on Power light flashes, can't turn on PC until stops at the plug and then actually turn it on The fact is it flashes for a full thirty minutes which leaves me sat in my chair twiddling my thumbs I don t get much time after work between coming home and going to bed and in those thirty minutes I can get a lot done which is why its really starting to annoy me It started about a month ago with thirty seconds of flashing and has slowly built up to thirty minutes Now if it s something I can fix with the right-sized hammer then fine I ll do it over the weekend but if it s a case of getting a new PSU well I m building a new computer in four or five weeks and really don t want to be spending money on a new power supply - I m going to have to borrow money from my parents as it is I ve tried plugging the power cable directly into the plug socket rather than into a surge protector - no difference I ve tried unplugging the PSU from the motherboard and everything connected to it then reconnecting it all - no difference I saw a post the other day from a fella with a similar problem who solved it by blowing dust out of his -pin connector I tried that - no difference The motherboard is an MSI K N SLi and the PSU is a W Xilence I think Might be an Xclio Either way something is up nbsp

A:Power light flashes, can't turn on PC until stops

Bump.

Found out I had a faulty RAM module yesterday, and took it out, thinking that it might have had something to do with the power light flashing, amongst other things... it hadn't.

Does anyone at least know the cause of the problem? It's getting very annoying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-light-flashes-cant-turn-on-pc-until-stops.737916/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Gateway, model ID49C. I bought it new about 3 years ago but replaced its battery less than a year ago.

This phenomenon has been happening for more than a year: When I plug in my computer to charge, sometimes the front power light (orange when charging) and the light for the power button start flashing in unison and the computer stops receiving charge. It immediately stops when I unplug the computer. This only seems to happen when the computer is open -- I can still fully charge it overnight. Lately it's started to happen so often that my computer can barely charge at all from the number of times I have to unplug it.

Does anyone know what's going on, or where I could look to find more info? Thanks for your help!

A:Gateway: Power light flashes when charging

Try another AC adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-power-light-flashes-when-charging.193876/
Relevancy 54.61%

Trying to fix my cousins Pavilion 15-p066us. The small led next to the power plug flashes 3 white flashes when you press the power button. No other lights flash. Behaves the same using only the battery or plugged in with/without battery installed.I tried removing the battery and power cord and holding the power button for 1 minute, then plugging the cord in. Behaves the same.I find documentation regarding the error code for a memory issue for three flashes, but that is for the caps/num lock LEDs. Those don't light up on this machine.Does anyone have any idea what the three white flashes mean?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-boot-Power-connector-LED-flashes-3-times/td-p/5649475
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all. I had the mainboard replaced and picked my Yoga 3 Pro up from the store a week ago. This morning it won't boot up. When i hold or press the power button, the led flashes 3 times but nothing else happens. Any ideas? thanks Patrick

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-won-t-boot-power-led-flashes-3-times/td-p/3367831
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, I am unable to power on my IDEApad Flex 14 laptop. Upon pressing the power button, the fan spins for 2seconds, the power led stays on for about 7 seconds and then turns off. The power led continues like this infinitely but never powers on.  I have reset the cmos, removed the battery and verified all cables to the mobo are secure,  removed and reapplied the cpu thermal paste. Anyone have any clues as two what this flash on then off is? I imagine it's the motherboard's method of providing a diagnostic code but the service manual simply states a flashing power led is the computer in sleep mode. The novo button has no effect except to power on the pc to which it goes into the same flash on flash off. Any help is appreciated.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-14-Power-LED-flashes-on-then-flash-off-continuously/td-p/3326001
Relevancy 54.61%

Help I built an Athlon machine from used parts an Abit KT A mb Athlon Tbird processor D Prophet XT AGP Video New CD RW and HD Installed XP Pro updated to SP Ran great for - months Now it s dead I donno if I had shut if off or left it running for a week or two but hadn t touched it I found it off This is what it s like I press the power button the green power light flashes once The light on the CD rw Once POST No Light Dead Flashes Power Then flashes Then everything is dead If I unplug it No POST Power Light Flashes Once Then Dead and plug it in again I can repeat this I have disconnected all cards CD HD floppy and unplugged both Dimms Same thing Googling around it seems like the brief flash of power is supposed to indicate a short You re supposed to disconnect all peripherals to isolate That hasn t helped Oh on ps connector to mb when I unplug it and test with a multi-meter I get volts across several of the wires or when grounding them to chassis through multimeter voltage test Is this correct What should I try next remove mb put on antistatic mat hook up power supply and jump start pins thanks in advance Jon nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a feeling this is not going to be good but My computer no longer POSTs Power is being fed front power-on flashes LED after 10min No on POST, to the motherboard onboard LED is on However I cannot get the computer to boot A week or two No POST, power-on LED on front flashes after 10min ago I had trouble booting when after shutting the computer down I would wait - minutes hit the power button and everything would work fine as long as I did not shut it down I recently moved my computer to another room requiring that I power down obviously Worked fine in the other room brought it back to the first room and it would no longer POST I ve tried unplugging everything but the No POST, power-on LED on front flashes after 10min barebones essentials motherboard and one HDD figuring it was a lack of power I ve tried booting with only the motherboard plugged in no luck I recently about a month and a half ago bought a new HDD the seagate listed below and installed a copy of XP Pro I bought from our university total for XP pro and Office I updated all of my drivers updated my BIOS my chipset etc and everything worked fine The aforementioned problem did not occur until about three weeks later The only clue I have to this problem is this after about - minutes the computer on LED flashes and my CPU fan moves with it in unison It blinks in a sequence of - - - - After about a minute it repeats Normally BIOS POST codes come in the form of beeps for most computers right I figure this is probably the last words of a dying computer I am attempting to obtain another power supply figuring that it may be the source of the problem but I don t want to burn - on a decent power supply only to find out my CPU or Mobo is fried Any help would be very much appreciated Brand VPR Matrix Motherboard Intel D PEBT BIOS Not sure Intel gives it as AMI Intel CPU P Ghz RAM x DDR mix of two brands PNY and most likely some generic OEM HDD GB Seagate Barracuda GB WD Optical drives DVD -RW TDK n CDRW can t remember brand Video MSI nVidia GeForce FX XT Sound Creative Audigy ZS Platinum TV Card Hauppage WinTV Go Plus PSU W can t think of anything else but I can figure it out if needed nbsp

A:No POST, power-on LED on front flashes after 10min

Remove the sound and TV card and disconnect the optical drive. Do a CMOS reset (mobo jumper or battery removal for 30 secs). Reseat your RAM and video card. Try to boot. Happens now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-power-on-led-on-front-flashes-after-10min.46758/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been using my HP Envy M6 perfectly till it went off one day and refused to power up again. The charging light signifies that it is charging perfectly but when the power button is pressed, it flashes for like a second and goes dead again. The screen is black and nothing is coming up.I can't remove the battery because it seems sealed and I don't know what to do. Please help!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Envy-M6-not-powering-up-power-light-only-flashes-on-but/td-p/5640445
Relevancy 54.18%

My daughter's laptop, hardly used, bought in December 2014, not used for a few weeks, won't turn on. Power light flashes 3 times. Removed battery, held power button for 15 seconds, plugged in with no battery, still the same. Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-15-p-165sa-won-t-turn-on-power-light-flashes-3/td-p/5621976
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I have a Precision Tower 7910 desktop. Every time I try to restart (or power off and on), the power button starts flashing an orange colour. Following suggestions from previous posts, I took the CMOS battery, and held the power button for 15 seconds. When I insert the battery the computer works perfectly until the next restart where I have to repeat to same procedure. The computer works fine even if I leave it on for a month (assuming no restarts). 
Can anyone suggest any solutions?
Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Power button flashes orange every time I restart

Most of the Precision Tower documents state this =

What are the diagnostic LEDs during the restart failure?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989898
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an orange flash error code on my power light (1 long flash 3 short 1 long 2 short 1 long 1 short).....

I have to take the power connector out battery out and start by battery to get it to work......

I'm using Toshiba's windows 7 image with all updates from Microsoft (now I NEEDED a lot of the for verying reasons so don't grill me yet... eg DON"T LOAD MICROSOFT UPDATES blah blah blah)

What does this code mean and is there a Beta Bios above version 3 for these things......

Any helpful comments would be greatly appriciated......

A:Portege M750 doesn't start - power LED flashes

Hi

Short means 0, long means 1.
In your case the binary code is 1000 1001
Now you have to reverse the binary code due to most significant bit.
This means the code is; 1001 0001
The HEX code means; 91h

So error code is 91h but I don?t know what 91h means and what part could be affected exactly!

Possibly it?s something wrong with power supply electronic on the motherboard? but only the ASP technician could provide more details?
However, in most cases the motherboard is affected and should be replaced.

Greets

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53392-Portege-M750-doesn-t-start-power-LED-flashes
Relevancy 54.18%

When the power button is pressed on the tower, it flashes it and the computer sounds like it about to start up when the button goes back off and doesn't start-up. Occasionally it works after end on end of pressing the button (sometimes up to 30 minutes) but crashes after 15-40 minutes. What can I do!!

I'm considering buying an all in one PC but I don't know if they're goof for playing games with high detail I.e Simulations. Any views?​

A:When power button clicked, flashes then turns back off

Sounds like a bad power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-power-button-clicked-flashes-then-turns-back-off.215520/
Relevancy 54.18%

With or without the AC power adapter plugged in to the computer (known good power outlet), the computer will not power up.  The LED located on the left side of the computer where the AC power plug is connected flashes 3 times (white), but does not power up.  Other post I saw said 'continuous' flashing light would be the AC power adapter, but wanted to make sure that is actually the problem before purchasing a new one...  Any support would be awesome!

A:pavilion 15-p151nr dead, AC power adapter LED flashes 3 tim...

Hi @joshuaj21, Welcome to the HP Forum!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I understand that the computer will not power on. However, when you connect the AC adapter the light on the power port flashes 3 times.  Please verify that the power cord is not the one on recall. HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program Announced August 26, 2014 .  Are you using a power/surge bar?  Have you tried a different electrical outlet? Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter that may also help. Please let me know the outcome. Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-15-p151nr-dead-AC-power-adapter-LED-flashes-3-times/td-p/5593040
Relevancy 53.32%
A:no power comes on my laptop screen when swich on my laptop

HAVE YOU MADE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR LAPTOP RECENTLY?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/no-power-comes-on-my-laptop-screen-when-swich-on-my-laptop/td-p/5724156
Relevancy 53.32%

I have the same problem with my cmd prompt window flasing. I got a screen capture of it and it has to do with my Blackberry Link. I ran the Farbar scan. I tried deleting the program with no luck at first. But now it is deleted and still the window flashes.

A:Command prompt screen flashes continuously, moves across screen

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay someone to repair it.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. ​
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!
Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
(XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
Press the Fix button just once and wait.
If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your desktop.
Right-click on icon and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
Follow the prompts and click Scan.
When finished, please click Clean.
Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

Install the progam and select update.
Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/command-prompt-screen-flashes-continuously-moves-across-screen.37140/
Relevancy 53.32%

After disconnecting and reconnecting my HP Pavilion T desktop to the mains it refuses to start The PSU makes a ticks Power / back HP LED Pavilion: the flashes; on boot no Supply ticking clicking noise and the LED on the back flashes blinks A HP Pavilion: Power Supply ticks / LED on the back flashes; no boot few months back after returning from vacation I had the exact same issue but it worked after a few tries I worked through the HP Power Supply troubleshooting doc and talked to an online help employee The PSU fails to work as soon as I plug in the pin ATX-connector in the motherboard both with and without all PCI AGP cards and memory modules If I hardwire ATX pin to a ground pin the HD and CD DVD s spin up After all these test I m still not sure what the problem is The PSU or the motherboard The machine still falls under warranty but if it is the PSU I ll replace it myself with a higher quality higher wattage model currently is a Bestec W ATX If it is the motherboard I ll use the warranty aren t any shops here which sell microATX socket SATA Firewire boards anyway Anyone got a clue what the issue is here I ve googled arround found similiar problems but never definate answers as to what is the problem nbsp

A:HP Pavilion: Power Supply ticks / LED on the back flashes; no boot

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As far as I can tell, that sounds more like a mobo problem than a psu problem. In any case, as you system is still under warranty, I suggest you let HP take care of it.

Let us know the outcome please.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-power-supply-ticks-led-on-the-back-flashes-no-boot.61851/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I just built a new computer and I m fairly certain all the components are compatible with each other but I ve never built a computer before All the components are brand new and anyway I built it the first time I booted it it ran my then screen black New screen - flashes build load windows disc but it was scratched up so I went to clean it Upon using the computer again it kept saying BootMgr is missing press ctrl-alt-delete to restart - now this didn t change upon using or not using my windows disc and I could not enter bios screen I m not using a usb keyboard - using one of those ones with the purple adapter Anyway I thought I may have plugged the sata cables into the hdd and New build - flashes load screen then black screen optical drivers wrongly and have changed them about multiple times as well as removing the CMOS battery and tried clear the CMOS by touching the two pins All I get now is my screen flashes a quick image of the initial load screen and then straight to a black screen everything in my PC seems to be running fine Plus I ve tried it with and without my graphics card and I get same New build - flashes load screen then black screen issue What can I do Thanks BC nbsp

A:New build - flashes load screen then black screen

Hi BC welcome to Techspot,

Firstly the "purple adapter" is a PS2 conenction.

There are many reasons as to why this error may occur and how to to sovle this issues but it sounds like you have tried to start a windows installaiton and becasue the disc was scratched it hasn't completed the it hence it comes up with the error "BootMgr mssing". The best solution here I think would be for you to get another Windows disc and try re-installing windows.

to get into the BIOS remove the windows disc from your PC and restart. when the PC is laoding up hit the F2 key and this should allow you to load the BIOS.
I wrote this thread if thsi is any help
http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bootmgr-errors-issues-and-solutions.181340/

hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-flashes-load-screen-then-black-screen.181339/
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer stopped connecting to wifi.  I decided to do a system reset.  Now the screen is black at start up and the hp logo just flashes on and off the screen.  I tried the BIOS update and that did not work either.  What else can I do before sending it in for repair.  I just bought it last November.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-on-start-up-hp-logo-flashes-on-and-off-screen/td-p/5650357
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,

I have Win7 Ultimate x64 installed on an brand new HP Pavilion s5-1205z Slimline desktop.

When I am reading an email or document the screen will just suddenly flash to a black screen for a second. Sometimes it does this several times in a row, and other times just once or twice. It is random and does not matter what program I am in, if I am browsing, playing a video on-line, or typing. I have installed Java and done as much troubleshooting as I can and can't find anything that relates to that kind of behavior at all in the Help Files or FAQ's.

Any suggestions of where I might look to see if I need to check or uncheck something, and what, would be very much appreciated.

A:PC screen suddenly flashes to a black screen and back

Combining the info that you posted here with the info in this thread - I gotta wonder if someone is able to remote into your computer. If you are not too far along in setting up your computer, you might want to consider a clean install without all of the bloatware.

Unless you have a specific need for Java - uninstall it. If you need it, then it might be worth the security risk of having it installed. If you don't need it - then why risk having it installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235770-pc-screen-suddenly-flashes-black-screen-back.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When ever I don't move my mouse for about 50 seconds my screen with flash to a dark blue screen, then I have 5 seconds to move my mouse before it goes to Windows Login screen.

I have no idea why or how I can fix this.

The only thing I can do at the moment is have Windows Media Player constantly on Reply which seems to stop it from doing it.

A:Screen flashes Dark Blue then goes to Login Screen

Hi Joy

Your computer is likely having serious errors occur, which cause it to reboot. We'll need to change a setting so that it won't automatically reboot when it has such a serious error, but will instead show you an error message that can help you identify the source of the problem.

Disable Automatic Restart
1) Click on the Windows-7 Start button
2) Click on the Control Panel item on the menu to the right.
3) If your Control Panel view is set to Category: click on the System and Security item. [If your Control Panel view is set to Large Icons or Small Icons, go right on to step 4].
4) Click on the System icon.
5) Click on the Advanced System Settings in the left-hand menu.
6) In the Startup and Recovery section, click on Settings.
7) In the System Failure section, uncheck the checkbox next to Automatically Restart.
8) Click OK to save the change.
9) Click OK to exit the System Properties window.
10) You can now exit the Control Panel.

From now on, you'll see error messages rather than instantly restarting. Whenever you see such error messages, be sure to copy them down: they can help identify what's wrong.

But for the moment, we'll move on to a quick-fix try - using System Restore.

Windows System-Restore:
1) Start your computer in Safe Mode
---a) As your computer is powering on, start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard: this should produce the Safe Mode boot menu.
---b) Choose Safe Mode from the list (it will be the first item at the top).
---c) Login as an administrative user (if you are the only user of the computer, you are likely an administrative user), & enter your password.
2) Type System Restore into the Search box at the bottom of the Windows Start Menu.
3) Click on the System Restore icon that appears.
4) Choose a restore point from before the current trouble started
5) Confirm your choice, and let the restore proceed.

Should you continue having problems, especially error messages, copy them down & let us know.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-flashes-dark-blue-then-goes-to-login-screen-552836.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Gateway MD U laptop OS Win Home bit Now my quot flat screen tv can also serve as a computer monitor When I am doing ham radio digital transmissions I have primary prog's open and running at the same time I setup in Win for the flat screen tv to be an extended monitor so one prog is on the flat screen tv and the other is on the laptop screen Everything was fine Then everything went hay wire At random times prog's and am having random screen flashes then screen blue I started changing colors blinking on and off on both screens then the hole desktop started in doing it on both screens Then everything goes black and a blue box pops up saying quot a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage quot There is a lot more writing on the blue screen That's just the st top line Then the laptop shuts down and reboots This has happened many times since I plugged in the tv as a nd monitor With the monitor cable to the tv unplugged from the laptop there hasn't been anymore of I am having random screen flashes and then blue screen that random stuff And there wasn't anything like this before I plugged in the tv as a monitor What gives here Steve I am having random screen flashes and then blue screen a ps I can only upload pictures

A:I am having random screen flashes and then blue screen

Please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365712-i-am-having-random-screen-flashes-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an acer 4530 laptop running on vista basic. The problem is screen is black even it has power.
Tried connecting an external monitor but nothing shows up.Usually i just leave it on and once it becomes
idle for some minutes it automatically go to standby mode.But the last time i left it on and after sometime
when i went back, saw its not in the standby mode.I tried to move the mouse so screen will be active again.
But it didnt,Tried to turn power off and on again.It powers on but screen remains black.Tried to remove batteries
and power and push the power for 60 seconds but still screen remains black.But power light is ok.Can hear fan
rotating.What could be the problem? hope someone can help me.

A:laptop power up but screen is black

Hi! Here's a place to start!!
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/tp/computer-wont-turn-on.htm
Can you get into safe mode??
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/diagnostic-tools-use-safe-mode#1TC=windows-7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-up-but-screen-is-black.1148375/
Relevancy 51.6%

help, I just bought a used vpr matrix 1710b4 model laptop my ac connector was loose and the power adapter wasn't working. So i bought a new motherboard and a new ac adapter took the laptop apart carefully with a guide and replace everything from the old to the new sounds great huh? after putting everything back in order carefully together i turn it on. yeah finally, so i thought? anyway as i turn it on the screen didn't i was disapointed don' know what to do can you help me with this problem because i don't want buy a expensive screen for this model. thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey I have recently recovered an IBM thinkpad t from being stolen Power Laptop Screen Issues the matter is of course being looked into and damage will be dealt with if necessary but i would like to try and solve the problem out of convenience Anyway The notebook is still in good condition Laptop Screen Power Issues save for the backlight which does not function The bulb is quite operational as tested with another computer and the screen inverter board has been replaced to no avail The power HD batt lights on the inverter board do not function either The ribbon cables to the inverter board and to the screen itself have been tested for continuity no problems What it seems I am left with is a motherboard problem I am willing to eventually replace this as well but it would seem to become slightly cost-prohibitive at this point I would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions Also on my mind is the possibility of simply powering the Lcd driver section of the Laptop Screen Power Issues inverter board from another source possibly using power from the USB bus and being switched by the lid open close switch does anyone have any knowledge of the power consumption and input voltage needs of such an lcd and any means of referencing the pinout of the input connector to implement such an idea nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-power-issues.690668/
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought this a couple of years ago from a local computer store. It's been very reliable and I run Ubuntu 16.04 Linux on it. This afternoon I had a power drop of a second or so and since then when trying to boot the issue in the subject happens. I can get to boot as usual by pressing the power supply test button which gives me a green light on the power supply and then pressing the power button will let it boot normally. I don't have any version of Windows installed so it's not possible to run any diagnostic unless there are some Linux based ones.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell Optiplex 780 MiniTower, power light flashes amber diagnostic lights 1 & 3 flash

Blinking Amber power: Initial state of light at power up. Indicates system has power, but the POWER_GOOD signal is not yet active. If the Hard Drive light is off, it is probable that the power supply needs to be replaced. If the Hard Drive light on, it is probable that an onboard regulator or VRM has failed. Look at the diagnostic lights for further information.
1+3:  Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error has occurred.
You could try resetting BIOS to see if you can clear the error.

Reboot and press F2 to open BIOS setup
Copy down all current BIOS settings
Power off, unplug
Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
Open case and remove motherboard battery
Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
Reseat RAM modules in their slots
Reinstall battery- good time for new CR2032 coin cell, if this one is old
Close case and reboot

If that helps, go back into BIOS setup, and confirm that all settings match what you wrote down. Be sure to save any changes before exiting setup.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996680
Relevancy 51.17%

While viewing a web page my screen will begin to flash uncontrollably. It does it with no regularity, and the only way I can stop it is to close explorer then reopen it. Going back to the same page and it will be just fine. At first I thought it may have been something to do with my mouse. It was old and the flashing would only happen when I used the wheel to scroll. I have since replaced that mouse with a new one and it does the same thing when I use the wheel to scroll.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashes.1145058/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello.i have a problem with my laptop,i installed windows 7 ultimate 32 on my acer aspire 5920g laptop and although i installed the right drivers for my nvidia geforce 9500M GS graphic card the screen randomly flashes lines when im on desktop.(all this happens after i install the graphic drivers).
i tried all recommended graphic drivers both from nvidia and acer website but the problem remains.
this is not a case with screen cables as when i install the factory vista there is no problem.
If possible please help me or make any suggestions.

Relevancy 51.17%

computer: Home made w/ athlon, XP, 1024 meg of memory, foxfire 1.0

When I select an item on the tools menu all I get is a flash image of the page.
It happens every time.

Relevancy 51.17%

Okay - where do I begin First off - hello I'm new Yup first post - and it will be a doozy Heres my problem When I open a video file or certain games - my computer goes nuts I can see the monitor resolution change to that of the game then the CPU usage of that game goes to and the screen starts to flash between the game resolution and a blank black screen If I kill the program - everything goes back to normal It only does this when I try to play a movie file or some games Also every once in 100% CPU + screen flashes a while - while my computer is booting up - it will stop at a black screen for about minutes then continue to startup normally I can't tell anything that might cause these long startups Any help would be greatly appreciated - If you need me to post logs from any programs just tell me what and I'll get on it THanks so much -Brandon -------- EVEREST Home Edition c CPU 100% + screen flashes - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer DESKTOP desktop Generator User Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name DESKTOP desktop User Name User Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-K U- PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset ULi ALi M AMD Hammer System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GT AGP Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter C-Media CMI C DX Audio Device Audio Adapter ULi ALi M AC' Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller ALi M PCI Bus Master IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller SCSI RAID Controller MagicISO SCSI Host Controller SCSI RAID Controller SCSI RAID Host Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive WDC WD GD- FLC GB RPM SATA Disk Drive AFT SD PRO- XP USB Device Disk Drive AFT CF PRO- XP USB Device MB USB Disk Drive AFT SM PRO- XP USB Device Disk Drive AFT MS PRO- XP USB Device Disk Drive SAMSUNG SP H GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive WDC WD KS- MJB GB IDE Optical Drive KV O GTG C SCSI CdRom Device Optical Drive MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM Optical Drive SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD- E x x DVD-ROM Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD DVDW SH-S D SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free G NTFS MB MB free H NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant G Laser Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Peripherals Printer Auto Dell Photo AIO Printer on HOLLYSLAPTOP Printer Dell Photo AIO Printer Printer Send To OneNote USB Controller ULi ALi M USB Open Host Controller USB Controller ULi ALi M USB Open Host Controller USB Controller ULi ALi M USB Open Host Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller ULi ALi M USB Host Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device AuthenTec AES TruePrint Sensor USB Device Dell Photo AIO Printer USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Audio Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Device USB Printing Support

A:CPU 100% + screen flashes

What power supply is installed and what cooling fans do you have?
Please check your device manager for any yellow conflict alerts, as you have a busy box there.
control panel>system>hardware>device manager
click "view" then click "show hidden devices"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cpu-100-screen-flashes-137125.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Averatec 3200 series laptop that has XP home edition,512MB DDR, 80GB HDD,AMD Athlon 2200+, when I turn the power on the blue power light comes on and i can hear the fan run but there is a series of three beeps and then silence and then keeps repeating the sequence of beeps until i just turn it off but the screen never lights up or comes on.
The last time that the laptop was on and working, while i was in the middle of an application, the screen had lines running across the screen (up & down) and the whole thing froze up and when i turned it off and then back on this is the problem i was having. Is there anything i can do to salvage this laptop or is gone? Thanks to anyone who can help me!!!

A:laptop power turns on but screen doesnt

Sounds like the laptop is not able to do the POST successfully. Try removing everything non-essential from the laptop (hard drive, optical drive, graphics card if it is not soldered onto the motherboard, etc.) and try powering it on. If that succeeds, add the additional components to the computer one by one until you isolate the one causing the POST to fail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-power-turns-on-but-screen-doesnt-341501.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi we have a compaq laptop that is about 5 years old. It's a basic laptop and was quite inexpensive when we purchased it. I think it was like $300-$400. Anyway, we had a power outage and now the screen is blank (black to be specific). When I turned it on the lites flash and it sounds like its running, but nothing, I mean nothing shows up on screen. My question is what could be wrong? Would it be worth paying someone to fix it? Do you think I lost the pictures downloaded on the laptop? That's the only data I care about recovering! Thx in advance for your thoughts.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a envy touchsmart laptop  and it did a system update and then it restarted but never came back on . I already took out battery and then hit one of the F keys for 30 seconds .. I also tried f10 then down arrow 3 times and enter twice... nothing worked. Please help I have a lot of home work to get done tonight.. Thank you! 

A:Laptop power light turns on but nothing else happens. screen...

Hi,     As you mentioned latop turns on but nothing else happens, please turn off your laptop and turn the laptop on and keep tapping f11 key on keyboard now you must see recovery manager screen,select system restore on the list and select earlier date when your laptop was working fine and click finish at bottom once the laptop restarts you should be able to use without any problem, If not then check lights on caps and num lock whether it is blinking if yes then check how many times caps lock blink and reply back to this message, and if their no light blinking then you might have to reseat RAM and HDD even after reseat if still their is no display try connecting it to external monitor and check if their is no display then it should be problem with motherboard.  Thanks.ChetanI work on behalf of HPPlease click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-power-light-turns-on-but-nothing-else-happens-screen/td-p/3475295
Relevancy 51.17%

Been a great help here...helping my limited knowledge of computers improve.

Toshiba satellite L355D.....turns on lights up...but no screen display. Screen remains completely black. I switched the memory to see if it improved, but still nothing. Even took memory, still black screen. Rolll up your sleeves...where do I start?

Relevancy 51.17%

Power cord accidentally disconnected while laptop was on. Now when I try to power on, it starts as usual. Fan comes on, lights come on, then screen goes gray and fan shuts off. I have tried the remove battery, hold down power button, etc...with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

A:power cut to laptop, now will not boot - Gray screen

Hello @raistfasa, Thank you for posting on the HP Forums! I have read your post and understand that your HP Pavilion dv4 notebook is not booting correctly. I want to help you resolve this issue.  Are there any blinking lights on the Capslock or Numlock keys?Is there a light on near where the AC adapter plugs into the notebook?Was the computer doing any updates when it lost power? First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, please follow these troubleshooting documents: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power AdapterHP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a ChargeHP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) For specific information, please provide the product number and Operating System.Finding Your HP Product Number I look forward to your reply! If this information is helpful, click the thumbs up!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/power-cut-to-laptop-now-will-not-boot-Gray-screen/td-p/5602094
Relevancy 51.17%

Recently I cracked the screen on my acer aspire e5-573g-59c3. I bought a new screen and attempted to replace it. Yet, now my computer neither turns on or lights up its led to show it is charging. I took out the battery and held the power button down to no avail. Is my computer dead?

Computer is only 4 months old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-charge-or-power-on-after-screen-replacement.219592/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello HP support, Last month my laptop has some hinge problem so I fixed that by changing hinges. After that when I turned on my laptop, the screen got white and after some time it works normal. In background it's working, It gets ON because when screen gets normal it shows desktop but it does not seeing in front. After somedays the the screen again got white lines and it cannot come in normal screen. Sometimes I shake my my laptop it goes normal but now it is not get normal. It shows white screen. It may some loose connection in screen. I don't know exactly.  model: Pavilion g6 2206txRam: 4 gbgraphic card: AMD 2 gb HDD: 500 gb

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/White-screen-appeared-when-power-up-the-laptop/td-p/5649565
Relevancy 51.17%

I have problem with my laptop that is when I am trying to booting my laptop power button light is on but screen is not boot up. How can I boot my screen.Any one having idea then share with me.My laptop model is compaq610. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-not-booting-up-after-power-button-on-my-laptop/td-p/5605413
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop has a black screen fan works for a few seconds then stops as it usually does when I normally start it up, I tested my RAM sticks and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have this strange problem with my laptop, its a pain to start my laptop, it shows complete blank screen, with all the lights on, hard drive light blinks for a while and then stops. After trying the power button again and again, when it finally starts, my laptop runs fine and all the programs also. Please assist i have an updated version of BIOS and have already tried BIOS resetting and Power Management resetting. Also when it starts, it works fine with both battery and AC power.

Configuration: Windows XP Professional SP3
Model: Presario V3000
RAM: 1GB
Processor: AMD Turion 64, 2.21Ghz
Hard disk: 120 GB

A:Laptop shows blank screen at power on

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-shows-blank-screen-at-power-on.119613/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Inspiron 1720, I had hd problems (so I thought). It came with Vista.
I installed a new HD and installed Windows 7.
Worked fine for about a month, now when I power it up the Cap Lock light flashed 60 times (1 minuet) then shuts down.
I took out memory, battery, HD and reinstalled, ETC.
No luck, Would it be right to assume the 4 gigs or ram is bad?
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cap-lock-flashes.1016954/
Relevancy 51.17%

when i turn my laptop on, all i get is the gateway logo flashing and the option to hit F2...what can i do to get it going?

A:Laptop flashes on startup

Make and model? What does it tell you F2 will do? A repair disk may help you or a copy of Win 7 that's the same version you have. No repair disk? Make one on someone elses computer that has Win 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-flashes-on-startup.1041457/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello thereI have a laptop HP 620 is not lit up at all just the charger's LED flashes eight times, that's all.Sometimes the power button light is also lit up but only for a second and turns off.Screen and the cooling fan will not turn on at all.If anyone knows what to say to the 8 flashes, or can give me a link to the guide tell what the flashes sayThank you very much(Sorry for the harsh language ..) :-).

A:HP 620 laptop does not turn on only flashes

Your description "almost" matches the description that is meant to tell you what is wrong. Take a look and see if you can decipher what your notebook is trying to tell you:HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code The Power Reset, also known as a Forced or Hard Reset is one of the first options mentioned in the Help Guide.===================================================================The Hard Reset:This method works for a variety of Driver connection and ?stuck? program issues. Shut down the computerDisconnect all external devices - everything.Remove (disconnect / unplug) the AC powerIf the notebook contains a removable Battery, remove itPress and hold power button for at least 30 secondsReinstall the battery,Reconnect the AC power cordPower on - Log inReference:Notebooks- Forced Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues- Sealed Non-Removable BatteryORNotebooks - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues - Removable Battery=================================================================== Good Luck!    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-620-laptop-does-not-turn-on-only-flashes/td-p/2400045
Relevancy 50.74%

When I try to unzip a file that I downloaded the screen starts flashing and the only way to stop it is to restart my machine. Dell Vista 4gig of ram

A:screen flashes when downloading

We need specific information to help answer your question so would you please repost this with appropriate answers to the questions that pertain to your problem, so we can better help you fix your problem quickly.

Computer: Brand Name & Model #

Age of system and relevant components if different :

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista or Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, is it up to date?

For Video or Graphic problems:

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, Firefox, Sea Monkey and version #

For Network problems:

LAN or ethernet card(s) or adapters: Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration
Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install any hardware or software before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.
(Run,msconfig,ok,startup) and what is checked

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software
This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashes-when-downloading.873043/
Relevancy 50.74%

We have an Acer ES1 laptop where the screen flashes on every single keystroke you make on the keyboard.  Doesn't matter what application, every single key you press the screen flashes.  White flips to black and black flips to white on pretty much all app's. We've updated display drivers, installed all updates that are available through ACER.  Uninstalled a bunch of things that were included with the laptop.  Tried disabling various things in the settings to see if they were affecting it.   Nothing has worked and I'm not sure what else to try.  Anything else people can think of?  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Screen-flashes-while-typing/td-p/449415
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer takes forever to log on When I get to the welcome screen it flashes back and forth but never logs in I had to do a system restore but Windows said the restore didn't complete properly I ran Norton AV scan and found nothing I ran Malwarebytes and found issues Deleted them all but still having problems Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sharon Stoddard at windows flashes screen welcome on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- windows welcome screen flashes F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP windows welcome screen flashes Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x eMachines Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVaultSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files eMachines eMachines Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files x Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVault exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Sharon Stoddard AppData Local join me join me exe C Windows system RunDll exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Users Sharon Stoddard AppData Local join me LMISupportM exe C Users Sharon Stoddard AppData Local join me LMISupportM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514901/windows-welcome-screen-flashes/
Relevancy 50.74%

I started having this problem about a week and a half ago I had this same problem on my desktop and that resulted in having to replace the motherboard In the case of my laptop I'd have to get a new one if this can't be resolved While doing anything on my laptop doesn't matter if it's intensive or not the screen will randomly flicker then the mouse ctrl alt del etc freezes The problem Freezes Flashes, Then Screen started right before my return trip from Africa I was hoping that it might have had something to do with the higher voltage there unstable power grid or even the different climate I have tried running my laptop off of solely battery and Screen Flashes, Then Freezes it still froze Once I got home I cleaned out my laptop completely and put on new silver thermal grease However the problem continued I tried multiple restore points reinstalling latest drivers testing the different sticks of ram separately running malware and virus scans doing a clean boot and changing what program startup but all to no avail My last thing I can think of trying is reinstalling windows and if it continues it has to be a motherboard or gpu problem This problem even occurred during the System Recovery boot option however it hasn't occurred in safe mode yet Event Viewer does not show any error critical event that sounds like the cause of the problem System Windows Pro clean install within past months HP Pavilion DV - US Amd Turion X Ultra GHZ ATI Radeon HD GB RAM DDR GB RPM HDD

A:Screen Flashes, Then Freezes

dont know if this helps but I do kind have the same problem: Screen flashes each second then system freeze (no mouse, nothing..), and that was all after a fresh re-install. and I found out that the graphic driver was somehow not working together, not even the manufacture driver itself..
what I did was a really long method to get it working but, I will explain half of it:

Go into safe-mode, as I assume your PC will work normally under it. Go to device manager and uninstall the graphic driver, restart and get back into safe-mode again, then disable the graphic card now. Restart the PC and enter normal mode, let windows update find the graphic driver for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-flashes-then-freezes-586880.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to help a friend with her computer She uses this mainly for her home business And it has her files etc on it She knows less than I do so that s pretty bad I guess what I m trying to say I m not really tech savvy My usual MO is look the problem up on the internet then follow instructions which I did But I wasn t sucessful in finding this off Monitor and on screen flashes exact problem So here s what s going on This is an older desktop Dell Optiplex GX running Windows XP It s problem is when you are using it for any function the monitor Monitor screen flashes off and on will flash off stay black for or seconds and then it will come Monitor screen flashes off and on back on Except when it is in safemode Which it is in now so I can type this These are the things I have done so far Ran Complete Antivirus including downloading Malwarebytes and running it Changed monitor cords included Downloaded new video drivers That helped for a few days then it went back to doing it again Is there anything else I should try I haven t defragged it not sure if that would help or not I m pretty sure it hasn t been done if ever I would greatly appreciate any advice Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-screen-flashes-off-and-on.1102954/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys, I'm needing to know how to fix my brand new laptop screen, every now and then it will flash black. I don't know why it's been doing this bc it's brand new, taking care of, never been dropped and banged. Is this normal for Dells windows 8.1? Here's my CPU-Z Validator 4.0 if you need it, I don't know any other way to present my specs.
http://valid.x86.fr/btfqs0

A:Screen flashes black every now and then???

Don't mess around with it. It's brand new and should be working with no problems. Take back to the store.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashes-black-every-now-and-then.1138673/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I've been trying to fix one of my computer for a couple of months, I finally just got it to read my Win xp disk so i could reformat the hard drive. After i finally got windows installed, i get a blue screen that flashes to fast to see that pops up when i try to boot normally and in safe mode. I have no idea how to fix it please help

thanks

A:Blue screen flashes

Turn the PC on and start tapping F8.

You should then get the Advanced Options menu.

Choose disable Auto restarts on system failure.

The BSOD should stay on the screen..Post the info on your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-flashes-457026.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer takes forever to welcome windows flashes screen log on When I get to the welcome screen it flashes back and forth but never logs in I had to do a system restore but Windows said the restore didn't complete properly I ran Norton AV scan and found nothing I ran Malwarebytes and found issues Deleted them all but still having problems Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sharon Stoddard at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe windows welcome screen flashes C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x eMachines Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVaultSvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files eMachines eMachines Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe c Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe C Program Files x Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVault exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Sharon Stoddard AppData Local join me join me exe C Windows system RunDll exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Users Sharon Stoddard AppData Local join me LMISupportM exe C Users Sharon Stoddard AppData Local join me LMISupportM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System cs... Read more

A:windows welcome screen flashes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/514902 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514902/windows-welcome-screen-flashes/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased a Media centre and hooked it up to my 42" LG LCD screen. I removed vista Basic and put Vista Ultimate 64bit on, to my surprise it went ok.

The unit connects to the LCD screen through an HDMI converter, and i have had no problems watching movies putting the unit to sleep and powering it on via remote.

In the last week all of a sudden the screen flickers a little and then the screen goes black then comes back on again it's doing this every 30 seconds.

A couple of weeks ago I upgraded the system from 2 gig of ram to 6gig.

Graphics card is 2600 HD ATI Radeon
Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1
Gigabyte M52S-S3P

Anyone else had this problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lcd-screen-flashes-constantly-313810.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Just Installed my new Motherboard and new SSD drive,

All drivers are installed (well as far as I can tell) yet everytime I boot windows up just after beverything has loaded the screen flashes then comes back to how it should be, Not a massive problem, but I have never had this before and dont want an underlying problem on my fresh install, is there anything I can check to see whats causing the issue ?

Motherboard I installed was a savertooth 990FX R2.0 if thats of any help

Thanks in advance

A:Just formatted but screen Flashes

I also get this random grey square where my rubbish bin should be, when I reboot, not all the time, but when its there it wont go unless I click on it, which turns my monitor 90 degrees,

I have checked all drivers and everything is good, (Well as far as I can see) never had this issue before I swapped motherboards, but cant see how a motherboard would cause this issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369656-just-formatted-but-screen-flashes.html