Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

Q: Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

I currently have 4 copies of the same personal folders in my outlook 2000. How do I delete the extra copies of the folders.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

Hi pollyanna
What mode do you have running for Outlook 2000?
Corporate/Workgroup (CW) or Internet Mail Only (IMO)
Help>About Microsoft Outlook, should say on the second line.

(CW)Try right clicking on the Personal Folders, select Close Personal Folders.
Tools>Services, Hightlight the Personal Folders you want to Remove and select the Remove button.
You may need to select the Properties button first to see what .pst file it is attached to. I renamed all my Personal Folders with the .pst file so that at a glance I could tell which one belonged.

After removing the Personal Folders list from your Services, you would need to locate the .pst file and delete it.

Let us know if this works for you or if you are using Internet Mail Only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-duplicate-personal-folders.43132/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,

I'm back here after really long. Looking to build a new machine with a budget of approximately $2000. Here's what I've figured:

1. AMD FX 8350 Black Edition - $179.99
2. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX - $219.99
3. MSI R9 290X Lightning - $399.99
4. EVGA Supernova 850G2 - $144.99
5. Crucial MX100 512GB - $209.99
6. G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - $139.99
7. Fractal Design Define R5 (Window) - $119.99
8. Zowie FK1 - $59.99
9. Overlord Tempest X270OC - $449.99

TOTAL - $1924.91

This currently excludes the keyboard, which I need suggestions for. Any thoughts on how these look? I'm open to ideas.

A:Gaming Rig For $2000

My suggestions: Save some money by making a few changes. You will still get excellent performance and still be able to overclock (if that is what you want to do), while saving money for some other parts.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 - $174.99
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB - $119.99
Storage (Hard Drives): Crucial MX100 256GB (SSD) - $109.99 (for Operating System and a few programs/games you run often) *And Also* Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - $54.99 (for Storage and programs that do not require the SSD speed)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold (Full Modular) - $124.99 (You will still have plenty of power left for overclocking)
Aftermarket Cooler for CPU: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $34.99 (The stock cpu fan is not that good, get an aftermarket one for better cooling)

This will put you around $1830 which will leave you plenty to for a keyboard of your choice.
Have you thought of going Intel? Going to Intel would help with "Future Proofing" your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig-for-2000.211107/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently built this computer see other a thread on building a PC using Windows on a ssd drive and I used my sata drives for storage audio video The other drives folders using Can't 7 storage create Windows on drives are from my old system and they were set up for RAID I re-formatted the drives but now they automatically create a system info folder and a recycle bin folder I don t know why but Can't create folders on storage drives using Windows 7 I can t create a folder on these drives They are patitioned NTFS Does this have something to do with the RAID configuration from my old system I need to create folders to manage my projects but it will not allow it Also I installed Norton on the system I am using the internet for downloading programs I need once everything is going smooth I will no longer access the web with this PC The Norton has an error on it and when I try to fix it it gets stuck on trying to optimize the storage disk E My SSD is drive C with a partition D for B U the next drive is E Does anyone know what I am doing wrong Thanks to anyone who can speak to this problem nbsp

A:Can't create folders on storage drives using Windows 7

Which RAID Configuration are you in? I think you may have have it set up incorrectly. Depending on what RAID you are using will depend on how your drives can be used. Let us know what RAID you are running which you should be able to find this in your RAID control panel when you boot into it. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-create-folders-on-storage-drives-using-windows-7.200888/
Relevancy 23.22%

First time posting here obviously So I m looking for order too busy lazy to put one together myself a new PC to update my current junk pile Was thinking about $2000 budget $1500 PC, New to using CyberPowerPC but am unsure about them for various reasons bad reviews previous issue with online bought pcs myself Figured I would ask on a forum or two about them and a build I slapped together Any insight criticism welcome CASE NZXT Source w USB -port New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget fan hub Side-Panel Window CD LG X Internal Blu-ray Drive amp DVDRW D Playback Combo Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel Core i - K Quad-Core GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CS FAN Maximum MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case FAN Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance MM Fan HDD TB TBx SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Quad Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X -UP ATX w Ultra Durable GblAN GEn PCIe x PCIe x PCI POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS M Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR Year Labor Year Parts LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB GDDR X PCIe Video Card - EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling nbsp

A:New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget

How much does this cost, what is your budget and what do you plan on using the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-1500-to-2000-budget.200687/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been using a pogo plug series on my home network with a USB TB hard drive attached to it for several months and for unknown reasons the pogo plug no longer sees the drive I have connected the drive directly to my PC and it responds normally and a check disk shows no errors at all I have a tech support request in - Personal Home NAS for Use recommendations Your with there tech support which seems to be going no where So I think its time for a change Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use I am asking for your input on a recommended network storage device I can use on my home network that will not only allow me access to files stored on it but will also allow me to save files to it while away from home I use windows based equipment and if at all possible I would like to be able to access and save files from my ipad and iphone like the pogo plug allowed me to do via application When ever I had a question or PC problem the members of this forum have always come through with the right answer or proper solution for me and I Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use hope you Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use all will once again Thank you in advance able actual nbsp

A:Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use

Well my network here is Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets all the way except for tablet or netbook for testing running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and 64-bit. Also Android tablets and smartphone have NSA325 app to access the NAS.

I use NSA325 pictured to your right on top shelf in my network system here in this mini network rack system. Supports USB 3.0 and 2.0 it has 3x USB ports, two drive bays for upto 6TB, also my Web Server (internal web site also called intranet) Color Laser Business Class shown in the picture below doesn't have network features but using NSA325 Print Server via USB port it's now networked.

This device is also my Network Media Center too. Devices like SONY SMP-N100 and SMP-N200 Network Media Players can access the NSA325 for media files, video, pictures and music. I also use as a NAS for File Server too. Everything goes to the NSA325, very fast too with 1.6GHz, 512MB of RAM. ZyXel link: http://www.zyxel.com/products_services/nsa325.shtml?t=p

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-recommendations-for-nas-personal-home-use.194118/
Relevancy 23.65%

I inserted my USB in a friend's laptop and I noticed that they all turned into .exe files. I figured it was only because my friend's laptop was very slow and I think it is infected. But when I inserted the USB back to my laptop, the folders remained as .exe. My laptop is probably clean (undergoing a Redirect malware cleaning as of the moment) but I haven't encountered any problems like this before. I can't format my USB because I need the files. Please help.

A:Folders turned to .exe files

I have scanned my USB with MSE and results show it had Trojan:Win32/Startpage.gen!A virus and MSE quarantined them.
I still can't access my folders even if I type it on the address bar. No malicious items show up on MBAM. Please help me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folders-turned-to-exe-files.190262/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct place, Mods please move if not, thanks.

So, I have a bit of a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong folder from our work server yesterday (Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard), but we have a nightly backup to a tape drive so I went onto the backup software (Symantec Backup Exec 2012) to restore the data. However, using the restore wizard it has been "Querying for data" for approximately 12 hours... is this normal?? Is it possible to restore files/folders from a tape backup, or would we have to restore the whole system? Do I just need to wait a long time for the system to find the data?

We have a spare 2Tb NAS drive so I could potentially restore all of the data to this (approximately 600gb), would this be a more viable approach?

Thanks in advance

A:Restoring files/folders from tape backup

Never mind, sorted now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restoring-files-folders-from-tape-backup.187491/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys, I'm new here
I'm having a problem. My hard drive has like 6 folders. Each one containing different stuff like Word documents for school and such and movies and music. Non of the folders are opening except for the music folder. When I click on the folder for movies it says---> "Windows cannot find 'F:RECYCLER\e621ca05.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
-_______________- Seriously? What name? I didn't type anything.
My hard drive's name is "My Passport (F)". This is so frustrating!!! Please help.
Thanks a million <3
Buttercupsx
xXx

P.S: Those random questions at the end are annoying. I failed a bunch of em. Hehehe don't judge.

A:Hard drive won't open folders help!

Sounds like the folder you are trying to open is referencing a path that does not exist. Try the drive in another computer, try the drive in a different Operating system - see if the issue is still there. The drive might be failing or the data on it is corrupt. try downloading the WD diag utility for windows & test the drive. http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=218&sid=171&lang=en Post back!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-wont-open-folders-help.179647/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone In need of help Started up my Dell laptop and I am 1737 2000-0321 display on laptop, Error Dell Blank greeted by a blank screen though the machine goes through the motions of starting up I do not see any faint ghosting When connected to an external monitor all works fine and I have tried changing the inverter but Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321 no luck Ran a diagnostic check and receive the following Error Code Msg Error Code - Msg LCD EDID - Unable to access EDID EEPROM I also tried holding the quot D quot key and powering up The LCD flashed a series of solid color screens Red Green Blue White Black I assume that this means that the backlight is good Does it also mean that the cable is good Not sure what else to check I am guessing that it is eiter the LCD screen controller board itself or the cable Any advice I am comfortable replacing parts Prior to this everything was working fine The display had even brightness and color Would anyone be able to restore my sanity and offer some words of wisdom guidance Would be much appreciated Many Thanks nbsp

A:Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321

Replace the LCD panel including the backlight. External monitor okay, motherboard is okay... Slight chance of a damaged LCD cable to motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-display-on-dell-1737-laptop-error-2000-0321.176322/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 23.22%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello I have external Samsung G USB station I had two different folders show drive and doesn't External files partitions one primary just for files and one logical for files also All the time I use WinXP Linux and Vista on different computers mostly Everything was fine But when I bought a brand new DVD with Win and installed on my brand new laptop the strange things became Now I ll try to define my problem as much as possible clearly and accurately My laptop with Win shows that logical drive but when I go in there I can t see my folders and files they are not hidden of course In properties I can see that these files ARE there I suppose that by the External drive doesn't show files and folders free and used space of that partition and I really know how GBs was there so in properties seems that anything is not lost When I connect External drive doesn't show files and folders drive to a different computer with let s say Vista it doesn t show these files also Same with XP But I can reach my files on Linux Another strange thing is that all the information in the other partition primary drive is accessible without any probs Now I copied all these files into Linux and used to format that partition NTFS and made it primary also I did it on Win So I have two primary drives now Then I brought all the information from Linux back into that drive under my investigation Everything was fine and I was so glad till I restarted mtfk Computer When I use Norton Partition Manager for browsing that drive I can see these folders and files One more thing I observed on Vista these folders icons seem like shortcuts now What is very strange really I can reach them in fact But I can t on XP or Win now Then I ve experimented a bit I copied two small files on that drive intentionally Surprisingly I can see these freshly loaded files both on Vista and XP On Win also But can t see these previously loaded files So WTF May anyone be able to help to resolve this confusing problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-drive-doesnt-show-files-and-folders.174247/
Relevancy 22.36%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 23.65%

Morning,

I recently purchased a Buffalo ministation to save my folders to as a back up. I've copied some folders no problem (one up to 5.38gb) but now it is telling me (on a folder smaller than 4gb) that it cannot be copied. I formatted the hdd to NTFS as soon as I got it, so it isn't that.

Any help,

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buffalo-ministation-will-not-let-me-copy-some-folders.171558/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all I am brand new to this forum and dealing with the internals of computers Please bear with me I have a from HD files personal an Recovering IDE old really old eMachines - that just recently took a dump It would no longer power on at all So I went to the store and got a Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD power supply and for the Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD first time Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD ever took the side panel off of the tower After switching the bad power supply for the good one the CPU powered right up However I had no video output which led me to belive that my video card is bad My next step was to return the power supply and get an IDE hard drive enclosure that I picked up at a locally owned computer shop I hooked up the enclosure to my laptop and let kaspersky go to work on all the viruses and what not I knew had to be on there from that way that thing had started acting over the years Once completed I went to retreive the information twelve years worth of music photos ect that I cared about upon opening Music the folder was empty pictures was that same case So then I found Jims Share Drive IIRC that had a large file size I guess that s where all my stuff is but when I try to open the file I get told that I don t have the privledges I never put a password up or anything Is there any way to bypass this so I can access my stuff Any assistance is greatly appreciated Also I hope I didn t ramble too much nbsp

A:Recovering personal files from an old IDE HD

Make sure you have administrator rights. I will assume you are on at least Win XP.. Right click on the folder in question, go to properties, security. Check the setting there. Add yourself to the list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-personal-files-from-an-old-ide-hd.169352/
Relevancy 23.22%

I upgraded the NT server domain controller to a Windows server and immediately noticed that the XP client machines took a VERY long time to logon to the server The server is running DHCP but I modify the DNS setting so that the XP clients have the IP address of the server DC as their DNS This corrected the problem with the logon speed but it created another little problem When the server DC which is designated as the DNS server goes offline all the XP clients are unable to access the Internet Once the DC is online again connectivity to the Internet is restored I do not know what options I have to designate the ISP DNS information so that the clients do not have to rely on the availability of the DC for Internet Any suggestions are greatly appreciated PS we are issue 2000 Server DNS small automobile dealership that does not have a large IT budget I try to do the best I can but it explains some of the 2000 Server DNS issue older technology i am using Greg nbsp

A:2000 Server DNS issue

First, your config to point the clients to the server DNS is the correct choice.

The symptoms resulting from an outage of that server are normal - -
and should lead you to the solution that the DNS & DHCP servers need to be
replicated (ie two of each).

However, you can configure the clients with two DNS addresses:

the first one (being the primary) should be your internal DNS address
and the secondary might be any public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 (which is google)
DNS processing is to issue a request to BOTH dns addresses and to accept
the results of the first one to reply.
That then creates the situation (a race condition) that if YOUR server gets bogged down, the secondary is more likely to reply first.

You should really attempt to avoid all outages of your DC and to schedule all maintenance to 'off-hour' periods to reduce the impact to the clients

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2000-server-dns-issue.166845/
Relevancy 22.36%

Budget Range while being workstation 1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin 1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V 32.99 x4 - 131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V 151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS 209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, when i plugged in my memory stick this morning to finish off the last of my college work and to back it u to my computer i was greeted with all of my folders and files names being changed and unable to open any of them, is there a solution to fix all this as there is my years worth of college work on here. Also when I try to scan and fix my memory stick and attempt to recover bad sectors it stops and says "Windows cant check the disc while its in use" and asks if i want to force dismount.
I have no idea how to resolve this and would appreciate any help at all as my assignments have to be in for Tuesday. Thank you.

A:Need help with memory stick thats changed all my folders and files

Welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried this?

http://serverfault.com/questions/11...t-unmount-a-physical-hard-drive-in-windows-xp

You can find more informations from here too: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx
More info too: http://www.computerhope.com/chkdskh.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-memory-stick-thats-changed-all-my-folders-and-files.164559/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I installed XP2000.The head set Mic voice started breaking all of a sudden.But the same headset works well with other computers.I have reinstalled the audio drivers and the issue remains there.But i can hear the songs and all..I have installed realtek and i am using ACER 4930 LAPTOP.Someone can suggest the solution.

Thanks,

Selwyn.S.B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-mic-is-dead-with-xp-2000.161927/
Relevancy 24.08%

My usb drive goes into read only mode when there is 256 folders in it.

Can I get around this?

Are all usb drives like this or does mine suck?

A:Usb drive only 256 folders?

size (the capacity) matters: USB thumbdrives are formatted FAT32 and have restrictions or limits based upon that architecture. While the 256 directory count is bizarre, if the capacity is small, then both the file count and directory count will be low.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-only-256-folders.161436/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have files and folders I want to put on a USB key to give to someone.
I want to make sure that these files and folders cannot be deleted (the files themselves are secured from editing etc...).
Basically I guess I want the USB to work a bit like a read only disc.
Is there a setting when I transfer files to key or a software.
I do not want to have a password to view/open the files, just to prevent deletion.
Thanks
Cass

A:Can I secure files/folders on a USB key

Than can be done with NTFS permissions - - I did that to mine.

On your home PC, attach the device and make sure you have access to it.

Then you need a setup like this
your PC, using any LUA/UAC account TAKE OWNERSHIP and set Full control
that should leav only that LUA/UAC account with permissions (ie even Administrator and Administrators groups do not show up.)
Now add the EVERYONE id and set Read/Exec/Traverse​The results will be
any pc to which it is attached will have access to the files (including the ability to COPY or Execute),
but only your home PC-that specific LUA/UAC user will be able to modify the contents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-secure-files-folders-on-a-usb-key.154686/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have recently reloaded win 2000 pro on a computer, come to set it up on the network and am having some issues, I have to admit that networking is not by strong point.
The server runs Win 2000 server, I have manually set the correct ip address and the pc is finding all of the computers on the network but when I come to access files on any other computer I get a box popping up asking me to enter network password. It has two boxes, one is "Connect as" and one for password. The guys in the office dont think there is a password as they don't remember ever being asked for one.
I feel it is a simple issue but my lack of knowledge is hindering me so I am hoping you more knowledgable guys can point me in the right direction.

A:Win 2000 network issue

1- what type of network (Domain or workgroup )?
2- what kind of OS in the other computer you want to access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2000-network-issue.153889/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi there I recently moved some folders which are on an external hard drive into a new folder on that drive called quot August re-sort quot A few visible, no Folders corruption longer possible days later windows was running a backup and the USB cable Folders no longer visible, possible corruption to the drive came disconnected Most likely as a result of the above incident the new folder is no longer visible I ran CHKDSK with the F command and it found an index entry for that folder or that it was unindexed but looks as if it had deleted the entry and the folder is still not appearing after the chkdsk ran Interesting chkdsk text relating to the process is as follows quot Deleting Folders no longer visible, possible corruption index entry August Re-sort in index I of file CHKDSK is scanning unindexed files for reconnect to their original directory CHKDSK is recovering remaining unindexed files Unindexed files recovered If you have any advice on how I can recover this folder and the data within it it would be greatly appreciated Thanks in anticipation nbsp

A:Folders no longer visible, possible corruption

You can try a data recovery application, it may be able to recover the data. I use GetDataBack but there are others.

If you're using the external drive for a backup, where's the original data?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folders-no-longer-visible-possible-corruption.152617/
Relevancy 22.79%

i recently got a wireless router(linksys) for my home, it worked fine with compaq laptop (new hence built in wifi) and my desktop. however i had to get TP link wifi device for my ancient sony laptop, i installed the drivers and everything it even shows that its connected to the wireless network. However the network kept disconnecting, so i played around with the settings a little and the internet started working(really slow), however the shared folders were still unaccessible from the sony laptop. Again tweaked the settings and now both internet/sharing does not work. Can any one point in the right direction wether these 2 devices are compatible or the correct settings.

Sony laptop has Windows XP, SP-1
Networking worked fine when i use wired one.

A:Wi-Fi Device connecting with network but Internet/shared folders not accessable

sounds like you're attempting to access files/folders on another system.

First get Internet access running correctly for both systems.

Then set the Workgroup name identically on both systems (see via My Computer)

get to this point and the remainder is in the Print/File Sharing setup ...

follow-up when you have Internet access.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-device-connecting-with-network-but-internet-shared-folders-not-accessable.150398/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

HELP!

I have an old Dell Inspiron 4000 which I 'inherited'. I want to load Windows 2000 onto it (from my old Win 2000 CD)
It is an Intel?Pentium III 750MHz with 32KB L1 cache and 256KB L2 cache with 100MHz external bus frequency and Intel SpeedStep.

Display = 14.1-inch XGA TFT color display

I have loaded it and it works fine....except it only takes up half the screen!!
It has a black border around Windows of about 2.5" all around. Ie, the display is like a box in the middle of the screen.
I obviously need some driver or other, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know which.
At present it is trying to operate off a standard VGA driver which was installed with Windows 2000.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

A:Win 2000 & laptop problem

1 Minimize all applications so that you can see the desktop.
2 Right-click anywhere on the desktop background (not on an icon).
3 In the resulting pop-up menu, choose Properties. This will open the Display Properties dialog box.
4 In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
5 In the Settings tab, in the lower right corner, is a "slider" which allows you to change the screen resolution.
6 Slide this control to the left to decrease the screen resolution and to the right to increase the resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2000-laptop-problem.142433/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, a friend of mine is looking to purchase a new laptop, he will use it just for work but travels a lot, so wants it to be portable, he'll need a fast processor something that can handle up to 50 files open at ones(I dont know how he does it) he's looking to spend up to around AUD$2000.

Thx for all the help,
Fastzr

A:Portable Work Laptop around AUD$2000

Get HP ENVY 5 Series

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/portable-work-laptop-around-aud-2000.140178/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,

Being trying to figure this out

I have a machine with two nics using two different IP (one for 100mb and the other nicr gigabyte).
For example:
ComputerA ip is 10.10.10.10 (100mb) & 10.11.10.10 (gig).

DNS is setup as:
computera 10.10.10.10
computera-g 10.11.10.10

When using a second computer on that also on the same gig subnet, typing \\computera-g gives me two erros
1. No network provider accepted the given network path
2. You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network.

It works fine if I type just \\computera in RUN command.

Both machines are on the same domain.

A:Duplicate Name Exist

Run CCleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloading
Before running, check: (tick the box) "DNS Cache"

You can also:
Start --> Run--> cmd /c ipconfig /all >Desktop\ipconfig.txt < ok>

And post the ipconfig.txt (on your Desktop) as an attachment here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/duplicate-name-exist.138962/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 17.63%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone; I was told to move the DHCP server from one site to another. I'm currently running DHCP in win2003 server. I have exported the dhcp config using netsh command. I just found out that the "new server" for dhcp in the other site is a win 2000 family server. I'm not quiet sure how to import the config from win2003 to 2000 family; is this possible? or I would have to configure the scopes manually?

Can anyone please help.
thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-family-server.134361/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm new to Techspot. I wanted to get into a forum to try and solve an issue with my computer. The computer is a dell inspiron 1525, with vista, and receives the following message on startup, "internal hard disk drive not found."

A:Need help with error code 2000-0141

The usual cause is that the hard drive has gone bad... But you may just need to re-order your BIOS?
Have your tried borrowing another drive just to see if it is detected?
That computer can be about 2 1/2 years old... long enough for a drive to go bad...
But if you have valuable data on it, you don't want to mess with it too much... just because it doesn't boot, or is not detected, doesn't mean you cannot access it later to retrieve the data... because usually you can.
It can be a lot of other problems as well, so tell us more about your system and what you were in the middle of?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-error-code-2000-0141.130839/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all Weird problem that s driving me insane - If I put an external USB drive I ve tried a gb quot gb brand new USB key gb friend s USB key to Able folders USB drives not but files create on into my Dell D XP laptop I am unable to do any update activity on files So the following doesn t work right click select New - gt Able to create folders but not files on USB drives Text Document renaming a file touch a file using Cygwin copying a file from the internal drive to the USB drive If I try I get Unable to create file blahblah Access is denied Copying a file to the USB key gives me quot Cannot copy blah blah Access is Denied Make sure the disk is not full or write protected quot and that the file is not currently in use I ve tried all sorts of files and I get the same error But these will work leading me to believe it s not a write-protect problem Right click select New - gt Folder rename folders even if they contain Able to create folders but not files on USB drives files mkdir a folder from Cygwin All the things in the list about the doesn t-work list on another Windows laptop Can anyone think of where I can start looking to see where the problem is coming from Thanks in advance Michael nbsp

A:Able to create folders but not files on USB drives

What are your computers specs and Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/able-to-create-folders-but-not-files-on-usb-drives.124138/
Relevancy 17.63%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-mail-to-outlook-express.118139/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m trying to put together a powerful computer that will last a very long time I d like an Intel quad-core processor at least GB of DDR RAM multiple USB slots FireWire wireless capabilities a fast DVD drive burner a good sound card and a fast HDD preferably GB or over I need a good graphics card or two graphics cards depending on the other hardware that can handle Counter-Strike Source Half-Life and other more demanding games Also a case to hold everything together enough power cooling etc I ll be using the computer for gaming video editing graphics design and generally very demanding operations all at Building PC with $2000 Budget the same time It would also be nice if the computer is easy to upgrade as new technologies come out I have about available to me not including the OS monitor keyboard and mouse which I ll take care of later Building PC with $2000 Budget I ve been doing some research but it s more complicated than I thought I d be grateful if anyone could recommend a build or any sort of advice nbsp

A:Building PC with $2000 Budget

with a core i7 setup you should be good for a while, Which will leave you happy with under a 2k budget.

You'll soon get post here about core 2 duos that can overclock to 4ghz. Those are all fine and dandy, they do their jobs well. On a 700-900 budget.

I'd recommend an core i7 setup, with a 3 or 6 gig ram kit. I think the asus and Gigabyte boards are great.

You may see a price drop after jan 8th when nvidia drops their new cards. I'd usually say a 4870 1gb version or a 4870x2 with your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-with-2000-budget.118147/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi;

I use my network card to connect directly to another computer for backup, and then I change the network cable and connect to internet with the same network card. Does this make my shared folders (with read/write permissions) more vulnerable to attacks?

I use Win XP sp3

A:Shared folders and security

i take it you don't have a router then or you'd be connecting both computers to that?
How is your backup performed? If its just drag and drop copying then you don't need to open sharing on the folders you are copying if its performed on the 'master' pc.

Ultimately its down to this.....Do you have a firewall running?
That's the security you need to invoke in the first instance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-folders-and-security.117301/
Relevancy 22.79%

Does 8.1 and up work on w2k?
Just wondering. I have SP4 install and that update roller thing.

A:Windows 2000/Radeon Drivers

I'm certain 8.1 works on 2k and I think even 9.0c does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-radeon-drivers.116714/
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 29.67%

Quick question,

Is there a reliable way to setup a secure dedicated webmail server at my home using a dedicated computer and a DHCP cable line (15m-D,2m-U)? If so, what is the difficulty level of this on a 1-5 scale (5 - able to write your own drivers, 1 - can hook up a computer)?

Also, where is a good place to read about how large scale network infrastructure and management works? I'd really like to learn about how server grade routers, firewalls and the like work. The most I know is to connect to xx.xx.xx.xx (ip) to configure my linksys router. I appreciate all your direction and thought (and time).

Guitto

A:DHCP + Personal WebMail Server

Are you looking to become an emal service provider? Have you looked into using a service provider like godaddy or something like that. They have email hosting packages that are very reasonably priced.

Ihave not set up a webmail server but there will be a few software packages you will need to install and configure. What do you consider your level of expertise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-personal-webmail-server.114434/
Relevancy 23.65%

i delete documents it comes back, so i thought okay, ill just keep it all in there.. but every time i go in there the folders pictures, music, and videos are there, i delete them, its all good, i plug it in again, and the folders are back

is there a way from keeping my USB device from automatically creating these folders?

thank you in advance

A:USB drive auto creating folders

Windows itself keeps these folders in My Documents
You aren't talking about those required folders are you?

If you are talking about on your flash reader device, you may just need to format it.
Here's a good tool I've used to do that (this will only format Flash Drives, ie remove all data, so backup your flash drive first)

HP USB Disk Storage Format Utility
Http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/utilities/peripherals/SP27608.exe

Will format any USB flash drive
It can be known to recover Flash drives that are un-responsive too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-auto-creating-folders.114375/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello and good morning I have Windows and am getting a recurring issue that is keeping me from doing Windows X Error Active Computer 2000 My virtually anything on this computer When I start up the computer and then click on My Computer icon I get the following error message and cannot see any of the drives nor move any folders s Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page As a result this page may Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000 not display correctly ame thing happens in Windows Explorer and Internet explorer I ve tried some troubleshooting in the run REGEDIT area to no avail In addition I ve tried opening internet explorer internet options going to the securities tab and there s a big red minus sign and the settings are quot stuck quot on high when I try to change the security level for my computer to medium or medium low etc it quot takes quot but after i hit apply then okay and close out of the window same thing When I try to go back in to the options securities section it s stuck on high again Any ideas Much appreciated nbsp

A:Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000

win2000 has kill-bit controls and this KB loads several of them
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS08-023.mspx

if you can use the command prompt, then the installer would/should run.
Download the update to another system and then access it remotely on a share
or use a thumbdrive to move it to your win2000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x-error-my-computer-windows-2000.112396/
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-outlook-calendar.112199/
Relevancy 18.06%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey I have setup a vpn from sbs2003 using dyndns and I have open the port needed and have enabled gre protocol "pptp". I am able to connect to the vpn but I do not see any of the folders nor the server.

Setup:
Modem>Cisco router >SBS2003>Clients

how do I mount to the server thanks

A:VPN not showing folders

hey for anyone who is having this problem what you need to do is make sure that the router the server is does not have the same ip range as from where you are trying to connect

EX:
the EX below will not work look at the bold part
server 192.168.1.112
Vpn client 192.168.1.5

The EX below will work look at the bold part
server 192.168.1.112
VPN client 192.168.0.5

Hope this helps some one that needs it. Oh yah then to mount to the server use \\ IP of server

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vpn-not-showing-folders.109984/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I m thinking of building a personal file- server I have some ideas about what I should get but seeing as I currently don t have money for building it it s still in planning stage I m thinking of building a RAID server which runs on Linux which distro I do not yet know Taking suggestions for personal server hardware but I m considering later Ubuntu versions While I say personal I will still allow my family and closest friends access to it maybe over LAN only for security reasons if this is possible Seeing as I have many many large files there is also a great need for disk space Therefore I am thinking of buying five hard disks one terabyte each for RAID where one will be lost for parity and one small ish hard disk for the O S to run from I also am thinking of running software RAID so I am not going to use money on external RAID controller unless absolutely necessary Requirements for hardware are Chassis Must be able to house six hard drives and at least one CD DVD rom drive Taking suggestions for personal server hardware Does not need floppy Must be able to install sufficient cooling May or may not include PSU Motherboard Integrated sound graphics network card RAID support DDR MHz or higher RAM support At least six SATA connectors Also at least one IDE connector for CD DVD rom drive CPU Probably dual-core with decent frequency Not sure what to say here Obviously must be supported by mobo Memory Two or four gigabytes of or higher MHz DDR RAM Hard drives Five hard drives with at least TB each Used in RAID One cheap hard drive with preferably RPM for O S All of these must be SATA SATAII drives No Samsung drives had enough troubles with them in the past EDIT May start with less drives in RAID if I understood the quot mdadm quot command correctly as in that you can add additional drives semi- easily later on CD DVD drive IDE drive No other requirements Used mainly for installing the O S not much else All of this should not cost more than little less than Some extra may be used for cooling and possible PSU Absolute maximum is Taking suggestions will probably build this in November as a personal birthday present for myself nbsp

A:Taking suggestions for personal server hardware

What did you deside on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/taking-suggestions-for-personal-server-hardware.108711/
Relevancy 23.65%

Techspotters,

This should be simple to fix but I'm having a problem figuring it out. A customer as 4 PCs, all running XP. 3 are XP Pro and one is XP Home. All are connected peer-to-peer through a router. Assigned all of them to a new workgroup and they can see each other. There is one PC that the others cannot access its shared folders. We can access its shared printer folder. Searched the web and tried various solutions including editing the registry but still nothing's working. We get the error "\\Dad\c is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource" and either "not enough server storage is available to process this command" or "the network path is not found" Also, this one is a laptop that is connceted wirelessly whereas the others are connected directly to the router.

Any suggestions?

A:Cannot Access Shared Folders on XP Network

Sometimes there's nothing simple about Windows Networking and File Sharing!

You said they can all see each other?

The only issue is accessing a shared folder on one of the PCs? But the shared printers on that PC are accessible?

To make this easier to discuss particulars, could you tell me the following about each computer and then i (we) can both refer to a machine by name to avoid confusion.

- Machine Name
- XP Pro or XP Home?
- LAN or Wireless connected

And which computer (tell me machine name) has a shared folder not accessible to others.

Also, it sounds like the problem is down to just an authentication issue but i'll offer these links as fyi's you may want to at least skim through to check things. Also, we'll also probably find LanSpy (described in Part1) helpful to diagnose this

TROUBLESHOOT: Part1, XP File and Printer Sharing

Part 2, ?Troubleshoot: XP File and Printer Sharing, Computers Not Found? Diagnose Computer Browser Service

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-shared-folders-on-xp-network.108179/
Relevancy 22.79%

My music played with constant tones with XP. Tone depended on sampling rate of the music. Is this a well-known problem?
Along with other problems I went back to 2000.
Please don't nag me about getting a new computer.

A:Sound problems upgrading 2000 to XP

What kind of sound card or sound device does your old system have? Did you install XP, SP2 and install all the updates for it? There is an XP SP3 now. These Service Packs help greatly with older computers hardware, like sound cards and their drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problems-upgrading-2000-to-xp.107288/
Relevancy 23.65%

So I just set up my old laptops harddrive as an external harddrive. When I tried accessing a folder that was hidden it denied me access. I read around and found turning off simple file sharing than right clicking the hidden folder and going to sharing and security tab. From here I was supposed to do a few things under the security tab but it will not let me do this. When I click sharing and security a message comes up saying I do not have permission to view or edit current permission settings. How can I fix this or how can I access the hidden folder?

A:Cant view hidden folders

I found the solution so mods can delete this thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-view-hidden-folders.105443/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m running a small office network of computers Only one computer that I m aware of has the problem The computer has full access to internet and all network printers but drives/folders network access XP can't computer Pro is unable to access the server XP Pro computer can't access network drives/folders or any shared files on the other computers I can ping all tested computers over the network without problem as well as the default gateway but get the error message quot MsHome is unaccessable quot when I click quot view workgroup computers quot I ve reconfigured the network on this computer using the Network setup wizard and after tweaking a few other things I was able to get full access of the network from the computer but upon the next start up without any software changes I m again XP Pro computer can't access network drives/folders unable to acess the network I ve tried repairing the connection both with the dropdown menu and through the cmd prompt The network troubleshooter was no help and I m running out of ideas Help me out Thanks EDIT I ll also add that all computer on the network are running XP Pro nbsp

A:XP Pro computer can't access network drives/folders

i had this on a xp machine years and years ago turned out to be some kind of stuff up in my wmi service windows management thing.
there is a way you can repair it but when i attempted to do that it still failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-computer-cant-access-network-drives-folders.103836/
Relevancy 21.93%

Can anyone please help me? i got a new pc running windows 2000 professional. now my altek lansing speakers wont work on it and i love these speakers. pc asks me for cmuda.sys which is like greek to me. contacted microsoft and the speaker co. and they say i need a patch. is cmuda.sys a patch? if it is how do i get it? any help greatly appreciated. tyvm Bluemarinemamal

A:Altec lansing spker trouble/wind 2000 professional

looks like a driver issue,

cmuda.sys is the C-Media WDM Audio Interface, for the C-Media AC97 on-board sound cards.

have you lately checked or downloaded your latest sound driver? compatible
for your OS ?

and what is your motherboard model? do you use any other PCI sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-spker-trouble-wind-2000-professional.103476/
Relevancy 23.22%

I GOT A ACER TRAVELMATE TX WELL WHENE I GOT IT THE HDD WAS FRYED LIKE RATTELD I GOT A NOTHER HDD GIG HERE IS THE PROBLEM ACCORDING TO EVERYTHING IVE READ THE hdd laptop 2000 or on Installing xp os new HDD IS COMPATIBLE IN THE BIOS IT IS RECONISEDAND SHOWS IT AS BEING BOOTABLE THE CD-DVD ON THE OTHER IIS RECONISED BUT IS NOT SHOWN AS BEING BOOTABLE BUT I GOT A USB EXTERNIAL FLOPPY THAT IS RECONISED AND SHOWN AS BEING BOOTABLE AND IT DOES WELL I TRYED TO INSTALL WINDOWS WITH FLOPPY GOT BLUE SCREEN ON THE LAST DISK SO I TOOK THE HDD OUT Installing xp or 2000 os on laptop new hdd AND HOOK IT TO MY TOWER THROW A USB PORT IT IT WAS RECONISED SO I FORMATED PARTION AND SET ACTIVEI PUT IT BACK INTO THE LAPTOP AND TRYED TO BOOT AND GOT NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DEL TO RE START I DID SOME MORE READING AND CAME UP WITH A BOOT FLOPPY THAT WOULD GET ME BACK INTO WINDOWS IF THERE WERE A WINDOWS THERE IN STEAD I GET THIS MESSAGECOMPUTER COULD NOYT START BECAUS OF A COMPUTER DISK HARDWARE CONFIGURATION PROBLEM COULD NOT READ FROM THE SELECTED BOOT DISK CHECK BOOT PATH AND DISK HARDWARE PLEASE CHECK THE WINDOWS DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HARDWARE DISK CONFIGURATION AND HARDWARE REFERENCE MANUALS NOW THAT IS WHERE WERE AT NOT SAYING I DIDNT TRY OTHER THINGS I HAVE JUST FORGOT HOW TO GETAROUND SOMETHINGS PLUSS I DONT HAVE MY OLD UTIL PROGRAMS BACK FROM WIN UP TO WIN IS ABOUT WHENE I BURNED OUT WELL IAM BACK BUT I NEED HELP IVE BEEN MESSING AROUND WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND MY WIFE IS ABOUT TO KILL ME NOT TO SAY I GOT MORE COMPUTERS TO TRY AND FIX PLEAS HELP I KNOW IAM CLOSE sory about cap letters nbsp

A:Installing xp or 2000 os on laptop new hdd

I did put the boot in that order and the only thing i did when it was hook to the other computer was format and partition through disk management.

In the boot sequence of the BIOS there is some symbols in front of the hdd,floppy drive but not in front of the CD drive.

when the boot screen comes up it recognized the CD drive but does not assign a drive letter.Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-or-2000-os-on-laptop-new-hdd.103620/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

A:Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Oh I thought you were wondering about changeing the maximum limit : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98129

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-passed-2gb-pst-file.102976/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061229.htm

And here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179042.aspx
And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937156

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-polish-language-for-spell-checking-in-outlook-2007-sp1.102973/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all, I recently bought another motherboard online and am still waiting for it to arrive. Ive seen that after installing a new motherboard, windows does not start and a reinstall needs to be done, so this is my question. How can i configure Windows 2000 to work properly with this new motherboard without having to reinstall. Can it be done?

Cheers, Nissanman.

A:Need to configure Windows 2000 for new mainboard

ok, i might just back up and reinstall then. and another question. Will a microATX motherboard fit into a normal size ATX case? I think it wud, but i still wanna be sure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-configure-windows-2000-for-new-mainboard.102637/
Relevancy 22.36%

OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction nv4_disp.cat... In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dell Dimension 8100
I'm installing drivers for other things now... I wonder why i didn't think of this but THANKS

ok I'm downloading chipset drivers right now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-windows-2000-xp-display-drivers.102328/
Relevancy 22.36%

Pretty soon I plan on building a computer for my brother with around $1500 - 2000 for his budget and I want to get some good parts for it. The price will have to be with a monitor so im figuring its going to be about $2000 with a monitor $1500 without. I wanna try SLI, probably go with Intel quad core(Q6600), 4gb ram, and air cooling. I have been looking into the EVGA 780i motherboard because I heard some pretty good things about it. Here is a list that I am considering. Please feel free to suggest, add, or remove anything from my list. I thank you in advance for any help that you provide.

Q6600
2 x 8800gts g92
EVGA 780i
4gb Corsair Dominator PC2 8500
OCZ 700w PSU
500gb 7200.10 barracuda HDD
Samsung 2493HM 24" lcd monitor

EDIT: Vista x64 and xp pro dual boot

A:$1500-2000 build... any good recomendations?

It will be an XP pro and vista 64bit dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1500-2000-build-any-good-recomendations.101718/
Relevancy 22.36%

oldish computer, oldish user. my kids got me an ipod, which I am only learning how to use. I do love it now, but I am visiting relatives with 5 yr old computer running windows 2000. each time I try to hook my ipod to itunes, the whole thing reboots. It doesn't happen when I plug the cable into the usb port, but when I plugit into the ipod, it instantly shuts down. I don't know much tech stuff, be gentle! ^_^

A:iPod causing Windows 2000 to reboot

The Windows 2000 computer is updated to SP 3 (Service Pack 3)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ipod-causing-windows-2000-to-reboot.101472/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi

I have a Panasonic Toughbook running Windows 2000.
I used to be able to run wireless PCMCIA adapters and it worked.

Now when I insert both a Netgear and D-link PCMCIA card the entire system freezes.(after installing the drivers) I pull the card out and the system resumes.Also, the lights on the PCMCIA flash and do what they are suppposed to do.

I can use my D-link wired PCMCIA adapter.

So - it is not the PCMCIA slot - it is not the cards - they both work on other computers. It must be 2000.

Anyone have nay thoughts on what i can try next?

Thanks!

Colleen

A:Panasonic toughbook - running WIN 2000 - wireless PCMCIA freezing system

Hello Colleen,
you may need to do a fresh install of Win2K... Have you downloaded and installed all the Windows 2000 service packs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-toughbook-running-win-2000-wireless-pcmcia-freezing-system.100999/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am working on a new pc for under I don t for Pc around $2000? want it to be way hardcore and its not going to be Pc for around $2000? completely for gaming I don t need rpm harddrives or anything and im not planning on over clocking CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx item N E Western Digital Caviar SE GB quot SATA- Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E SAMSUNG Spinpoint F GB Pc for around $2000? quot SATA- Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Rosewill RX -D-B W Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window http www newegg com Product Produc E RAZER RZ - Banshee Blue Laser Lachesis Gaming Mouse oh this doesn t need to be here Sony NEC Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU B s http www newegg com Product Produc E Koutech IO-RCM USB quot quot Card Reader http www newegg com Product Produc E that there totals to around Im thinking about buying x EVGA GeForce GT -P -N -AR Video Card for each http www newegg com Product Produc E they seem good and i like EVGA but then the new series came out Should i just wait for better cards I won t be getting this for at least a couple months Also i found these two motherboards Which is best for me They both only have ddr ram is that bad mines ddr Will i be able to change that in the bios somewere ASUS P N-D ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E MSI P N SLI Platinum ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Im really not so sure about the processor either please help Thank you nbsp

A:Pc for around $2000?

ok well i do almost insist on SLI just because their cards look cool no jk i plan on playing crysis and some other stuff i do look to game! Plus video editing. and i think i did say UNDER $2000 somewere.... yeah i got crap about the server crashing but the weried thing is that the promocode page was still working. 500 watts is cutting it pretty close and im not getting this immediatly but there is a combo deal for the GPU and a 700 mabye 600 (can't remeber) watt PSU.

anyway since i am probably SLI ing, i think i will go with the cheeper $150 motherboard, however there is still the question about it saying ddr 800 ram while i'll have ddr 1066...... i swear i read somewere that you can change it in the bios.

yeah the Q6700 seems like a real ripoff compared to the Q6600 but i think i should mabye get a zalaman fan for it and buy the no fan version as the fan is sorta crappy i heard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-for-around-2000.100584/
Relevancy 23.65%

I bought a new computer when the CPU of my old hard How drives? to from old unlock folders computer suddenly failed I pulled out the old master hard drive from my old computer Hoping to retrieve some old important documents from this old drive I put it How to unlock folders from old hard drives? in a USB hard drive enclosure and hook it up to my new computer using USB I really do not want to open my new computer and install the old drive as an internal drive The new computer is able to read this old drive with no difficulty However I am not able to access the quot My Document quot folder in my old hard drive I have attempted to solve this by creating in the new computer the same user name that I have used in my How to unlock folders from old hard drives? old computer and log on using this old user name However I still How to unlock folders from old hard drives? cannot access the quot My Document quot folder in the old hard drive Is there any way of quot unlocking quot this folder from my old hard drive now connected to the new computer using USB without opening the new computer nbsp

A:How to unlock folders from old hard drives?

i've never encountered such a thing before, check for encryption, viruses, or security settings that may cause this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-folders-from-old-hard-drives.19249/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently removed a secondary HDD from my old Windows XP machine. However, I did not remove sharing from several folders on the HDD before physically removing it. Now, when I access the shares from that computer, I still see the folders that are on the removed HDD (but obviously I can't open them). Where is the listing of shares stored in Windows XP? How can I remove these shares?

A:Samba shares remain after removal of HDD containing shared folders - Windows XP

try opening My Network Places, and deleting them from there.

also might try My Computer, select the Share and then Disconnect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samba-shares-remain-after-removal-of-hdd-containing-shared-folders-windows-xp.97788/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey Techspot,
The other computers in my network have trouble accessing certain shared folders on my main computer. I have three drives installed, C: my OS drive, and D: and B: file drives. My C: Public folder, another folder on C: and my entire D: drive have been shared for a long time, and are the only paths the other computers can access. Anything I try to share now (except stuff on the D: drive, since the entire thing is share-enabled) will return the "is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource." error.
I can understand why a computer in it's entirity wouldn't be accessible across a network, but as to why certain locations wouldn't work - some on the same drive as locations that do work - I'm at a loss.
Thanks in advance!

A:Certain paths and folders inaccessable across network.

The edit button isn't working so:
I forgot to mention, all the computers are running Vista Home Premium or Ultimate, all on an ethernet lan with a Belkin router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-paths-and-folders-inaccessable-across-network.94200/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi i have a server and wanted to share quickbook so that i can use the file from the server when i am in another location (no same building) if some one can help with a guide thanks

A:Setting up shared folders

You could use TightVNC to access your folders remotely, it's free and easy to setup. http://www.tightvnc.com/faq.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-shared-folders.93781/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 22.79%

Best Gaming Laptop- $1000-$1300

Hey, recently my friend has been thinking about buying a new gaming laptop, and his budget is around 1000-1300 dollars. He isn't really expecting much at all from that price range, but if at all possible he would like to be able to play games like UT3, Gears of War, and Bioshock at High or maybe even max graphics. Any suggestions?

A:Best Gaming Laptop- $1500-$2000

Just look for maximum memory (2-3GB), big hard drive (100GB +), fast processor (3GHz+) and good graphics capability, in the price range you posted. There are AlienWare laptops that are built for gaming but they are very pricey $$$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-gaming-laptop-1500-2000.92359/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a small domain setup with a mix of Win K Win XP Windows Mobile and Windows Vista roaming profile Vista <<username>>.v2 folders clients The server is setup with roaming profiles and folder redirection for all users All was working well until you guessed it I added the Vista clients First of all the Vista clients create a new folder called Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders lt lt Vista <<username>>.v2 roaming profile folders username gt gt V in the profile store which is annoying but I can cope with however it doesn t copy accross the users settings This means that the user ends up with a blank profile Now some of the information Favorites My Docs and Desktop etc can be linked copied or are not that important but it means that when changes are made to one copy of the profile say wallpaper for example - just for simplicity it is not changed on the other profile as they have seperate registries Does anyone know of a way to get Vista and other clients to use the same profiles -or- does anyone know if Server is going to address this problem I have been looking all day when I could have been getting on with other things and have found no help at all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-username-v2-roaming-profile-folders.90927/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello this is not a questiom it s pleny informative because i m boring I m about to confirm the posibility of overclock an AMD Athlon socket on a ECS Kv Extreme motherboard from the initial mhz to mhz without liquid freeze or similar only stock fan On full load it reaches degrees on idle with AMD C amp Q activated on windows xp The trick is to set an divider into the memory controller changing from the initial mhz DDR to mhz DDR and setting up the system bus speed from the initial mhz to mhz Cpu runs Mhz and memory mhz DDR a little over the nominal speed mhz DDR I have x Kingstom value ram ddr Needed to say that if u have SATA drives you must to lock the AGP clock in mhz for not allow system bus overclock to overclock the AGP clock don t know why but the AGP bus clock uses 2500 sucess ECS 64 KV2 AMD 2000 @ overclocking from Extreme 3200+ to the same clock than SATA overclocking AMD 64 3200+ @ ECS KV2 Extreme from 2000 to 2500 sucess bus clock No more to say if anyone wants mora information I will help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-amd-64-3200-ecs-kv2-extreme-from-2000-to-2500-sucess.90673/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have a 400gig external usb drive its 3 weeks old and has worked perfectly until now i just moved a folder onto the drive and now it is showing that there are no folders on the drive , i can access the drive as normal but there is no files there, it shows that ive used 165gig of the 400gig when i click on properties . Ive run a disk recovery program which shows all my missing files but i have a laptop with only a 80gig harddrive so the program cant back up the files to my to laptop. Is there any way of recovering my files without using another drive

A:usb drive folders just disapeared

have you tried to reinstall driver, unplug the usb and power and replug it and shut down the window.s

1. shut down windows and external hard drive

2, turn on the external hard drive first before computer, let it run for about 10 seconds.

3. turn the computer on and try it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-folders-just-disapeared.89181/
Relevancy 22.79%

I want to set up a server to manage computers but I can t seem to find a tutorial that will tell me what I need to know with out bombarding me cannot server a win 2000 I tutorial/ find with information I really don t need to know So I was wondering if someone from this site would be able to make a tutorial or would know where to find a tutorial in plain english I will list I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000 out what the server needs to do and then maybe someone could reply with what I need to do or where I need to go to get the information The server needs To run Windows server Got the CD for it and I want to keep it cheep Manage computers Make user accounts so people can log into each of the computers Use a wireless router to connect to the computers although the server is connected to the router by a cable To be able to run dedicated game servers I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000 I don t know if this is possible but if the computers were able to use the Cd drives on the server as if they where there own it would be really usefully By the way the computers are x Win XP and x Win XP both are pro versions nbsp

A:I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000

For 2 and 3 you need to set up the server as a domain controller. Everything else is already included.

As for setting up something like this and managing it the future without taking the effort to learn how it works..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-find-a-tutorial-win-server-2000.88262/
Relevancy 19.78%

I can ping these two machines yet on my laptop, in my network places i cannot see my home pc or my laptop in the workgroup. On my home pc i can see my home pc in the workgroup. All firewalls are off that I know too.

Is there a setting on my laptop stopping it joining the workgroup. Because it is not in the workgroup, i guess that is why my home pc cannot detect it.

When i search for computers nothing is detected, yet when i search for "laptop" it finds it in my workgroup. Yet no symbol is showing.

I want the connection purely for file transfer.

Static IP address are ok, 192.168.0.1 for hom pc and 192.168.0.2 for laptop.
Workgroup is same on both machines.

Really Really Frustrated now!

Can anyone please try to help.

PS. My laptop was setup for a network at my office originally, but I don't see how that matters?

A:Networking home pc running XP pro with laptop running Win 2000

This has to be the most asked question,

First get identical accounts on the XP and 2k, such as user with a password of user.
Turn off simple file sharing on the XP machine, its Explorer \Tools \Folder Options \View drag the bar to the bottom and untick simple file sharing.

Ensure both machines are in the same workgroup, this is found in XP by right clicking my computer on the desktop and choosing properties then choose computer name then click change, by default XP Pro and 2K use "Workgroup" but XP Home uses MSHOME for some strange reason, to change the work group in 2K right click my computer choose properties, choose network Identification, properties.

Then share the folders you want access to by opening explorer and right click the folder and choose sharing, follow the tabs

reboot the PC's and that should do you.

I always check by doing this

start run "\\machinename\c$
this attempts to connect to the admin string of the PC, this share is always present and means you dont have to worry about sharing individual folders.

If this works congratulate yourself for being clever and have a large Rum and coke and a Cigar.

If not post back and someone cleverer than me will help..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-home-pc-running-xp-pro-with-laptop-running-win-2000.51868/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay here s one that I m embarrassed to say has stumped me Although I haven t pulled all the stops yet so technically I m not stumped in Can't Vista shared see folders - haha Anyway here s Can't see shared folders in Vista the deal I ve got shared folders on my network I can see them on my XP machines but not on the lone Vista machine The PC with the folders is an XP machine as logic may tell you All the Can't see shared folders in Vista other XPs are desktops connected on a LAN The Vista is a notebook using WiFi but it can t see the folders when directly connected either The XP file server was Vista a few days ago but we decided to go back to XP after months of trouble with the printer The laptop was able to see the folders when the server was Vista if that s of any help Wow that description is a long unorganized ramble Lemme try to break it down Fileserver XP Pro Client Vista Home Premium Problem Can t see shared files Ok that s simpler Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Can't see shared folders in Vista

Check out this:

http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-shared-folders-in-vista.86745/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

I have just set up Samba to create a shared drive between my laptop running Ubuntu v7.04 and my desktop running WinXP home SP2. This is great and I am really pleased that I've been able to make it work with the help of a really clear guide!

The question I have now (and I am sure it is a simple one!) is this - how do I create links between files and folders on other drives on the XP machine and the shared drive and the same with files and folders on Ubuntu? So that I am not cutting and pasting everything to the shared drive.

Will.

A:How do I Share Files and Folders?

Sorry,

Was a little anxious and wanted reassurance before doing anything - however some basic web searches calmed my frayed nerves - it's been a busy day.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-share-files-and-folders.86695/
Relevancy 22.79%

I need to know if I can get windows 2000 to recognize my dual core amd 3800?

A:dual core on windows 2000

Both cores will be recognized & functional with Windows 2000 Professional. You can also set CPU affinity on this OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-on-windows-2000.76458/
Relevancy 22.79%

I m trying ot get a home network set up I have a total of computers and I m workign on simply getting two fo them to work together nicely at the moment I have a Panasonic laptop running windows and a HP desktop that is running Windows XP home SP As much as I would liek to get rid of XP and up grade the desktop I don t have the money right now I can currently access the laptop from the desktop and see the desktop from the laptop but when I try to access the desktop from the laptop I get an error of name is not accessible access denied I have tried using both the Making and 2000 play XP nice name and the IP to access the Making XP and 2000 play nice desktop and get the same result poking around I saw some stuff on usernames causing a problem so I re-did the desktop to have the same username and password for the Making XP and 2000 play nice adminsitrator as well as created an administrator account named everybody with the same password on both computers as was recomended on some sites I m to the point I don t have any other ideas the firewall for xp has been turned off and I also tried creating a new network with a new workgroup name and different names for each computer with no better luck Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated Mike nbsp

A:Making XP and 2000 play nice

Do you have the "use simple file sharing (recommended)" option ticked or unticked in My Computer | Tools | Folder options | View Tab? If it is ticked then I would recommend un-ticking it. Create a new folder under My Documents, right click on it and select the "sharing and security" tab, set the folder to be shared and give it a share name.

Also, have you tried connecting to the Desktop using '\\name\c$' this should prompt you for a username and password, use an administrative account.

Do you have any third party firewall software runnning on the desktop computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-xp-and-2000-play-nice.74565/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey, I am going to be starting college in september and am starting to look at notebooks. I want the best one for gaming under $2000..My coice would be the HP dv9000t series..Is this the best bang for my buck? Any suggestions? I'm planning on waiting as long as possible to ensure I get the lowest price with the best hardware available, so I have a lot of time to shop around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-sub-2000-gaming-notebook.74245/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am trying to map to a shared folder on a server, but cannot. I go through the steps of mapping a drive, but when I try to expand the server, nothing shows up. So the server is visible but not the shared folders. any clues as to what might be happening?

conrado

A:Shared Folders not visible

the system names get passed via port 137
the actual shares are passed on ports 139,445

make sure the system that has the data shared, does so without using a
sharename that ends in $, eg invisibleShare$

what version of the server are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shared-folders-not-visible.73540/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello,

I want to buy a new processor but i don't know how to start, or rather what to choose. I picked two suitable processor for my pocket and they are:
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 939 512K bus 2000 0.09u 1.4V 67W 64bit (1800 MHz) and
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939 512K bus 2000 0.13U 1.5V 89W 64bit (2000 MHZ)
The second processor it's cheaper then the first listed.Why?
What's the difference between 0.09 and 0.13 microns tehnology?
Is the power consumption to high(89W - 67W)?

......Many thanks !!!!!!!

A:What's the difference between Athlon 64 1800 Mhz & Athlon 64 2000 Mhz ????

razzvanbot said:

Is the power consumption to high(89W - 67W)?Click to expand...

The power consumption is within acceptable limits.

The faster of those two uses older 0.13micron building process, and is cheaper because of that.If you are on a budget and not overclocking, get the cheaper one, because it is faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-between-athlon-64-1800-mhz-athlon-64-2000-mhz.72863/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello I have an ongoing problem when looking in the device manager I am showing a yellow question mark by Duplicate Multimedia Devices? my OTHER DEVICES Then upon clicking it show similar marks on the MUTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER and the MULTIMEDIA CONTROLLER Both show no drivers install and cannot be installed I ve tried uninstalling and it always comes back I m using a Dell running XP Duplicate Multimedia Devices? and have an Audigy sound card which is doing Duplicate Multimedia Devices? a great job but it is listed in the device manager under SOUND VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS The computer is generally fast but not nearly as fast as it once was and it s slow to boot up I Duplicate Multimedia Devices? am running McAfee too This is about the biggest problem I have going right now but there are a few lessser issues I hope I can get some help solving after this one Also have just installed and run Registry Patrol v and it has helped speed up things a little Thanks Dixie nbsp

A:Duplicate Multimedia Devices?

Go into your Dell's bios and disable the on-board audio device, if you have one... This may be where the yellow asterisks are coming from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/duplicate-multimedia-devices.71025/
Relevancy 22.36%

I need some help, my laptop was working OK (internet, screen etc) earlier. I formatted the drive & installed Win 2000, now internet doesn't work (connection icon disappeared), also the display screen is half the laptop screen, rest is black.
Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

A:Internet connection diesn't work after installing Win 2000

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to download and install Windows 2000 compatible drivers from your laptop manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-diesnt-work-after-installing-win-2000.70980/
Relevancy 19.78%

I was running 2000 windows loading "error os" in a gig seagate harddrive for a while no problems then I tried to add my old master drive as a slave to see what data was on it I can t remember exactly what it said needless to say it wouldn t boot I got "error loading os" in windows 2000 rid of the old drive and focused entirely on getting the newer drive back functioning as it had been When I booted up it recognized the drive and then hit me with the quot error loading os quot message I tried every conceivable configuration of the cable jumper settings etc and still the same error I went out and bought a Western digital drive but the problem is all I have to install on it is a windows xp cd So i installed xp on the new drive then plugged in my other drive as slave It recognized it and got to windows where I notice that only some of the folders are showing up The main thing I noticed that was missing on the drive was the programs folder I have a folder full of portfolio stuff etc and another with music and both of those showed up I set file view options to show hidden files etc as well I m hoping that because the other drive is formatted from windows and I m running xp that it might cause the compy to not recognize part of the drive or something Also I ran scandisk on it and it didn t find any errors Any ideas as to how to recover the rest of my precious drive I know about some recovery programs but am a little afraid of trying them out without getting some advice from people who know about this sort of thing first oh and another thing now in my bios settings when I checked my boot preferences during the trial and error period in the beginning I noticed that sometimes quot removable devices quot popped up to the top of the list without me doing it also under harddrives after the drive I had plugged in it would list quot PRIMARY MASTER quot and quot PRIMARY SLAVE quot with exclamation marks in front of them Not sure if it still has that Anyways thanks a LOT nbsp

A:"error loading os" in windows 2000

Sounds like your seagate is going out. I had just ditched my Seagate Barracuda 2 (250GB) because it was doing something similar. As far as you plugging it in as a slave, that was the proper thing to do as far as trying to get your old files. But you might have missing files if your drive is going out, or got too close to a magnet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-os-in-windows-2000.68819/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently just did a clean install of windows 2000 SP4 on my old windows 98SE HP Pavillion 6730. The OS seems to work fine with no problems but everytime I startup the computer, the mouse seems to stop working (I see the pointer but can't move it). I then have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. However it sometimes does not work even after I plug it in again and have to keep repeating the process of restarting and unplugging/plugging to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

A:Mouse Problem Windows 2000!

Switch to using a USB mouse and see if it takes care of the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-problem-windows-2000.67085/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay, here's my problem. I have a new computer running XP (NTFS), but not connected through a ribbon cable. It's connected through the new kind, I just don't remember the name for it.

My old computer still works fine, I just want to upgrade. SO:

I moved my old HD (using ribbon IDE) over, and booted up from XP. I then plugged my old HD in and it recognized it.

BUT:

It's not mounted, and I'm afraid if I "convert/initialize" it, then my data will either be erased, or not accessable.

The reason I want to keep my old HD is because it's nicer to have two HDs and the older one still has all my files.

PS. And, if it's possible, I'd like to make it dual-boot.

Can someone help me please?

A:XP/2000 HD Dilemma

If your Secondary IDE channel has a ribbon cable, hook your old harddrive up as Master and jumper your CD RIVE as a slave to it. Do not hook them up opposite this or you may have problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-2000-hd-dilemma.63060/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have 16000 songs. probably 2,500 are doubles that i do not want. now i dont want to spend the rest of my life going through 5000 songs and deleting the duplicates. does anyone know of a program that find duplicate song from an itunes library and deletes the songs based on a designated criteria?

A:Itunes Duplicate song help

although i dont have nearly the volume of songs you do, i have that problem too. I wonder if any of the updates sooner or later will address that issue. looks like you will just have to find duplicates and delete as you go as far as i know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-duplicate-song-help.62910/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm looking to build a new computer, and i set a $200 budget for the card. I dont really need an amazing card, just something that can perform/oc well. I'd like to max out some of my fave games, Like CS, WoW, Fear, ect. I've found a couple really good cards, but when it comes down to it, I cant decide between the ATI chipset, or and Nvidia. I've tried both chipsets in previous builds, and both have been up to par. Here's my current specs for the build.

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 ClawHammer 2.6GHz Socket 939

Any recommendations?
Thnx

A:ATI or Nvidia, personal choice, or smart choice?

If you really want an FX-55, why not get the San Diego version instead?
As far as Nvidia or ATi it really depends on the games. Some do better with ATi and some with Nvidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-or-nvidia-personal-choice-or-smart-choice.60457/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I have Dell laptop (win 2000 pro) . when i work in the normal mode the machine restart while blue screen show . now, I can work only in the safe mode . i can't accses in the BIOS because there is a password . i can't accses to msconfig ( by using run ).
this problem appear when i ran registry software cleaning . i didn't change/replace any of the machine hardware.

A:random restart for win 2000

Try running the Recovery CD's (if you have any), sounds like a registy issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restart-for-win-2000.60844/
Relevancy 22.79%

my friend has a compaq 5000a, its got a celeron processor and came with windows millenium. it carshed, his mom paid some ******* to put windows 98 on it, it sooned crashed again. now im working on it, and successfully put xp pro and ubuntu 5.10 on a grub loader boot thingie.

it worked great for a week then fritzed. it takes forever to leave the red compaq load logo (if it does) then it does this pretty show of colors until you reset it. now ive heard that compaq is proprietory to its own hardware software. so is it true that for this thing to work i have to find the compaq millenium disc for it to work?

A:early 2000 or 2001 compaq

The windowsME cd that came with the pc is only set to be recognised by that pc only, so when you attempt to load it onto another pc it won't work, legaly of course. You can still put whatever software/OS you wish on that PC other than the WinME that came with it. That part is not restricted in. Otherwise if say you installed a new motherboard that is totaly different to the one you have now your WinMe cd may not work on it, since it recognise that its a different pc or something along those lines...

Hardware, it may be proprietry as in custom designed parts (especialy motherboards, PSU or rams). If it has a problem with crashing, then its most likely to be some hardware fault, since you've tried different OS's and i presume different drivers as well..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/early-2000-or-2001-compaq.58021/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey there,

kinda new here so be kind, thanks. Ive a issue here with regards my installing a new 400w psu as apposed to my 300w i was useing before, and tho im all booted up n for intense purposes running o.k dokee like, i cant seem to access my folders on other drive partitions. for example, on my desktop ive world of warcraft icon, and having spent awhile installing it last night and patching it, the icons inncorect, so upon trying to correct it i get to the games partition, and games folder.. but it just wont let me access it, says access denied, restricted.

can i use yah brains on this one please? cheers..

Jay. p.s. let me know if you need any hardware info otherwise, im useing a pentium 4 2.93ghz pc, 250gb SATA hard drive, 1 gig ram.

cheers.
James,

A:New Psu, Now No Accsess Folders On Other Drive Partiions

What was the reason for you changing the PSU? power shortage, burnt out, not enough etc?

try a chkdsk /f and/or a diagnostic tool from the manufacturer of your HDD's website.

Maybe check that you've given that partition a valid drive letter in (right click) My Computer> Manage> Disk Management

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-psu-now-no-accsess-folders-on-other-drive-partiions.58593/
Relevancy 23.22%

Just like the title says when see network Can't work. at shared folders/printers I m at work I can t see any of our file server s shared folders or any of our networked or shared printers when I m on my laptop I could a few weeks ago before I reformatted after getting a nasty virus Bt after reformatting it just didn t see the printers or shared files What s more nobody can see Can't see shared network folders/printers at work. my computer connected either After I messed around with the settings workgroup and computer name I can t even see the workgroup that the printers and server are on Heck I can t even see the workgroup that I M on which means that if I go to quot View Entire Network quot and go to Microsoft Windows Network it shows a total of zero workgroups there Obviously I m connected since I can connect to the internet And I know that I m connected to the correct router And I can login to the router s admin panel and I can see my computer in the DHCP area So it sees me Can't see shared network folders/printers at work. So help If you need more informatoin feel free to ask nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-shared-network-folders-printers-at-work.55139/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

A:DSL/Outlook Express problem

Try disabling email scanning in your AV/Firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-outlook-express-problem.54704/