Windows Support Forum

Unable to open any files in Microsoft Word

Q: Unable to open any files in Microsoft Word

Able to open folders. But unable to open files in the folders. Double click on a file and a matching icon appears w/a $~file name under it.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to open any files in Microsoft Word

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to open any files in Microsoft Word

Lorraine,

Can you open files that are not associated with MS Word?
How are you trying to open the files, by double-clicking in Explorer/My Computer, or using File, Open in Word?

Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-any-files-in-microsoft-word.46982/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,
For some reason, when I click on on Microsoft Works, I get a quick flash of it trying to open & then NOTHING!!
I have sooo many important saved documents that I really need to be able to open again...
I have gotten rid of Microsoft Money & maybe Microsoft Office as well but not sure...
Any ideas on what I can try??

A:HELP!!! Microsoft Works Word Processor will not open, unable to open ANY documents!!!

From how you describe it,it looks as if something is denying it.such as your firewall or if you are using Firefox you might not have it as allowed,these are just guesses however,take a look at this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241165

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-microsoft-works-word-processor-will-not-open-unable-to-open-any-documents.755324/
Relevancy 81.27%

I recently purchased an ASUS Windows bit computer I transferred my Microsoft Works Version word processor and spreadsheet files from my old computer onto the new computer I just purchased the Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition bit version from an online vendor and installed the software onto my new computer I have no problems opening my Works spreadsheet files in Excel However when I attempt to open a Works word processor file in Word I get gibberish I Microsoft Cannot Files Word in Works Microsoft Open 2013 did some research online and found out that there is a Microsoft tool called Works - Converter which allows Cannot Open Microsoft Works Files in Microsoft Word 2013 one to open Works files in Word I downloaded the Works - Converter tool from the Microsoft Support website and installed it on my PC However when I subsequently attempted to open a Works word processor file in Word a dialog box appeared with the error message Word cannot start the converter Wks Pxy cnv and the file Cannot Open Microsoft Works Files in Microsoft Word 2013 did not open properly i e I got gibberish I did a little more research online and found out that uninstalling the Works - Converter then downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Package and finally reinstalling the Works - Converter may correct this problem I followed these steps but unfortunately when I attempt to open a Works word processor file in Word I get the same error message and the file does not open properly If someone can give me advice on a successful way to open Works spreadsheet files in Word I would greatly appreciate it

A:Cannot Open Microsoft Works Files in Microsoft Word 2013

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315757

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/i-cant-open-any-of-my-microsoft-works-documents/c242b6da-3292-4d7d-8689-9a554ecb7171

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001017.htm

Reboot after any changes you make.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551097/cannot-open-microsoft-works-files-in-microsoft-word-2013/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi, I just uninstalled something related to Microsoft Office and now I can't seem to open any .docx files in my documents anymore. I am currently using Microsoft Word Starter 2010. The only way I seem to be able to open the files in my documents folder is opening Microsoft Word Starter 2010 first then go to file -> open the .docx file. If I try opening it directly from my documents folder without opening Microsoft Word Starter 2010 first, there's a popup that says "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance!

A:Can't Open Microsoft Word Files!

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

See if this helps you to "create an association in the Default Programs control panel":
(You might want to watch it in the full screen mode and at 720p.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/277986-cant-open-microsoft-word-files.html
Relevancy 77.4%

So I downloaded the free trial of Office 365 directly from Microsoft, and have a couple issues:

WORD
When I try to open a file from Windows Explorer, a Window opens up asking me which program I want to use to open the file. None of the choices is the Word program that came with the Office 365.
Even stranger, I create a Word document and save it to my computer, when I try to open that same file the same window pops up
The only way I can open a file is to open the Word program and open the file from there.

EXCEL
When I try to open an Excel file from Windows Explorer, nothing happens. Same as above, the only way I can open a file is when I open Excel and open the file from Excel.

Can anyone help decipher whats going on here?

A:Unable to open Word files

Yes, you need to associate the Docx and XLS extensions with the correct program.
I can't remember off the top of my head how to do it, and it is different for different versions of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-word-files.1126910/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am using Microsoft Works Word and it cannot open .doc files which are old Microsoft word documents. It says "There is not enough memory to open file XXXX. Close your document, close other programs and try again." Is this suppose to happen? I have to use Abi Word to open my files now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258968/microsoft-works-word-cannot-open-doc-files/
Relevancy 77.4%

Here is the thing: At my work, we have a shared document with a number of documents that about 15 people have to access. If one person is in the document, a message comes up that it is being used by another user and to press ok if we would like to make a copy. After hitting ok, the copy comes up. This does not result in a copy of the actual document after we close out.
To my point, recently, a number of PCs were upgraded. They are no longer able to make copies or to Read Only documents.
Tech support has been called a number of times, but they are not making any progress.
Does anyone have any ideas????
I appreciate your help!

A:Microsoft Word/ Copying Open Files

I'm confused. Are you saying that when you are asked by word if you would like a copy of a document that is being used by another, it won't let you? If not, what does it say? Does it give you any error message. Can you be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-copying-open-files.37765/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am new at this and I have Windows 7. I am trying to open an attachment to my mail and it keeps giving me this error message :" works cannot open. the file may be in use by another application, the file may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt." I need to remedy this problem ASAP as these files are needed for my childrens home schooling by Mon 08/30/10. CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND REMEMBER THAT I AM A BEGINNER. THANK YOU

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I installed novaPDF Lite and 2007 Unable in Open Word Files Print & to tried converting a word file to pdf It did'nt work but since then I have been facing issues with printing word documents through my laser Unable to Print & Open Files in Word 2007 printer The 'Print' dialog does not open on pressing Ctrl P and when i do a quick print i get the following error message Unable to Print & Open Files in Word 2007 Whereas I am able to open the 'Print' dialog box in other office applications and print documents When I try opening any word file from Start Menu gt Recent Documents I am getting the error message as Also am unable to open any word file by browsing through the folders Only way I can open a word file is through start menu of Word And for some reasons system restore is also not able to restore to any date prior to the installation Have done the following so far i Checked my default printer settings ii Have uninstalled novaPDF iii Have tried uninstalling amp re-installing Office but no luck Pls assist me in re-solving this issue

A:Unable to Print & Open Files in Word 2007

Hi,What's your Operating System.What size is your drive, how much memory do you have and how much free space is available.What is your printer make and model.What steps have you taken by reference to the first error message?Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the laser printer driver.i) Checked my default printer settings.When you select print, in Word, is your printer shown as the default printer or is it stuck on something else, like NovaPDF, (even though you say you have uninstalled this), capture fax or one of the other 'printers' in the list.As regards the second error message, you may have to reassociate your word documents, to enable youto open them from the folders.As regards system restore, it can be a problem if you are short of hard disk space.Is your Anti-virus scanner up to date and have you run any malware and / or spyware scans recently;you may have picked up some kind of infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291529/unable-to-print-open-files-in-word-2007/
Relevancy 75.68%

Unable to select Microsoft Photos app for .svg file association when using the Open With context menu

So I tried installing ownership context menu to actually access the Microsoft Photos app, which pointed to the directory, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

But there is no exe in that folder, and it seems when checking task manager and opening file location of the Microsoft Photos app when it's open, it points to a created folder inside the above folder. So it creates an individual folder each time the application is open.

The option isn't under Settings \ System \ Default Apps \ Choose default application by file type

Again, I run into the same problem without being able to select the application when trying to choose based on the .svg extension.

So there is no way of selecting the Microsoft Photos app to associate with .svg

So I'm kinda out of ideas here, assistance / thoughts appreciated

Cheers

A:Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos

cannot rename the files, seems perhaps the application will not be able to read the files..

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45648-unable-open-svg-files-microsoft-photos.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Unable to select Microsoft Photos app for .svg file association when using the Open With context menu

So I tried installing ownership context menu to actually access the Microsoft Photos app, which pointed to the directory, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

But there is no exe in that folder, and it seems when checking task manager and opening file location of the Microsoft Photos app when it's open, it points to a created folder inside the above folder. So it creates an individual folder each time the application is open.

The option isn't under Settings \ System \ Default Apps \ Choose default application by file type

Again, I run into the same problem without being able to select the application when trying to choose based on the .svg extension.

So there is no way of selecting the Microsoft Photos app to associate with .svg

So I'm kinda out of ideas here, assistance / thoughts appreciated

Cheers

A:Unable to open .svg files with Microsoft Photos

cannot rename the files, seems perhaps the application will not be able to read the files..

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45648-unable-open-svg-files-microsoft-photos.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I'm not sure when this started as I have not used Office in a few weeks My computer uses Windows Today I went to open a document in Word and it said File Conversion--Select the encoding that makes your document readable I can choose between Windows MS-DOS or other encoding I went to check another file and it says The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents It also says The file is corrupt and cannot be opened I get the same kinds of messages with every document and Office Docs Microsoft Open as Word Appear Symbols Files; Cannot with my PowerPoint as well All of my Office is I tried running my AVG Free and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition Cannot Open Microsoft Office Files; Word Docs Appear as Symbols and they did not pick up anything I also tried restoring to my last update but was told that I cannot because the Cannot Open Microsoft Office Files; Word Docs Appear as Symbols file was changed in the process I had to restore for another unrelated issue about a week ago and it worked fine I'm thinking this is some kind of virus but I have no idea how to handle it since nothing is picking it up and I can't restore to even three days ago Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated as I am a college student and need to be able to hand in final papers Thanks

A:Cannot Open Microsoft Office Files; Word Docs Appear as Symbols

Update--I'm starting to think that one of my antiviruses cleaned out the virus because nothing is showing up, but my documents are still corrupted.  I deleted my normal.dotm file, and also scanned my C Drive for errors so I could revert to my backup from November 18, but everything is still corrupted.  I would like to know if 1) I got the virus, or if it is still lying dormant in my system somewhere; 2) if my computer is safe to use; and 3) if there is any way to get my documents back!
Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515801/cannot-open-microsoft-office-files;-word-docs-appear-as-symbols/
Relevancy 75.68%

I keep getting error messages when trying to open files created in Word 2003. The files burn to cd without a problem but when I try to open them off of the cd I get the file may be corrupt try to use recover text option or open and repair option. The odd thing is these word 2003 files open in Office xp without any issues. I have also got an error stating I do not have adminstrative rights on my cd drive. The cd drive is not a network shared drive so I am confused by this error. I have replaced the old cd-r/rw drive with a dvd r/rw and still get the same problems. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

A:Solved: Microsoft. Word 2003 will not open files burned to cd

I think I fixed it. I replaced the ide cable and all seems to work now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-word-2003-will-not-open-files-burned-to-cd.738180/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I installed novaPDF Lite and Files in Unable Open to 2007 Print Word - & Pls Assist! tried converting a word file to pdf It did'nt work but since then I have been facing issues with printing word documents through my laser printer The 'Print' dialog does not open on pressing Ctrl P and when i do a quick print i get the following error message Whereas I am able to open the 'Print' dialog box in other office applications and print documents When I try opening any word file from Start Menu gt Recent Documents I am getting the error message as Also am unable to open any word file by browsing through the folders Only way I can open a word file is through start menu of Word And for some reasons system restore is also not able to restore to any date prior to the installation Have done the following so far i Checked my default printer settings Have uninstalled amp re-installed my laser printer ii Have tried repairing Office from control panel iii Have uninstalled novaPDF iv Used Microsoft Fix it How do I uninstall the Office suites if I cannot uninstall it by using the quot Add or Remove Programs quot feature v Have tried uninstalling amp re-installing Office but no luck An observation When I uninstalled amp re-installed Office all my Quick Access Toolbar Settings amp other Word Settings came back intact even though I used CCleaner to delete registry of the uninstalled version of Office Also all my recently Unable to Print & Open Files in Word 2007 - Pls Assist! opened documents were there in Word Similarly the printer settings amp other settings related to print would have also been there amp came back with fresh installation For now have uninstalled Office amp installed Office and everything Unable to Print & Open Files in Word 2007 - Pls Assist! is working fine but wana revert back to Office Pls assist me in re-solving this issue

A:Unable to Print & Open Files in Word 2007 - Pls Assist!

what is the make and model no. of your laser printer, perhaps it needs to have a default setting restored.??

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/71074-unable-print-open-files-word-2007-pls-assist.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I haven't had Microsoft Office 2013 a week now and I already am having problems with opening documents that are in Microsoft Word's native format (docx). The problem lies within Windows and not word it seems. While the icon for docx files show the Word 2013 icon, it refuses to open with Microsoft Word 2013. Windows tells me that it does not know how to open docx files. It worked flawlessly since its install last Wednesday downloaded right from Office.com with the user name that was provided to me by KVCC, the college I attend. Office 2013 licenses are provided to all students as of 2016. Not even a week later, it is messing up. Word can still open .doc & .odt files but not docx files. There are a number of results on the internet where a problem with Office 2013 not being able to open docx files, but none are the problem I face, windows not knowing how to open it.

A:windows won't open docx files in Microsoft Word 2013 anymore

Have you right clicked the file and selected open with?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604029/windows-wont-open-docx-files-in-microsoft-word-2013-anymore/
Relevancy 74.39%

Problem started "mid September I believe".

I purchased my laptop few years back, Never had any problems opening my docs. Thought i solved this with system restore to earlier date. this worked and i was able to open those files. I now no longer can use system restore because it wont go back to an early enough date. not sure but i think problem came from automatic up-date. I am a computer idiot. If someone out there could give me a step by step way to solve this I would be a more enlightened computer user who is happy once again!

A:Unable to open files that I created & saved in Word starter 2010

How do you try to open your files ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309666-unable-open-files-i-created-saved-word-starter-2010-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Unable to open Microsoft Office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver. We tested by removing strict TLS 1.2 and IE is able to open the document fine.
Error description : We see a Microsoft Excel Security Warning with the following content.
Certificate error
The application experienced an internal error loading the SSL libraries.

When we disabled SSL V2 and SSL V3, the document opens fine but when TLS 1.0 is disabled we are seeing the  pop-up with certificate error. We tried to open the reports in CSV format, 2007 format and 2003 format and all of them have the same issue. Does
Internet Explorer have any restrictions when TLS 1.2 is strictly enabled ?

Note : We are able to download the document using Internet explorer and the document opens fine from local but opening the document from the browser fails with certificate error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bfa6b18-6ae3-427a-9fe1-0ede15f97875/unable-to-open-microsoft-office-documentsexcelword-in-internet-explorer-when-we-enforce-strict?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Community,

I'm having an issue here, and reading through threads and forum posts - i'm getting nowhere.

I get no error messages when trying to open a file from a mapped drive.

I have a user onsite unable to open any Mircosoft Office 2013 files from any of his mapped network drives. If he takes the files, copies them locally to his laptop, then open perfectly fine. However, if i try to open a office file from their mapped drive, it just opens up a blank document.

--I've done the changing folder name of the Microsoft folder within %AppData%, still no luck.
--I've tried repairing Microsoft Office, still no luck.

I don't want to uninstall office, then re-install as i will have to drop the computer off our domain (Group Policy for some reason, blocks office.) *I'd prefer this to be the final option.

Surely there must be a fix around? Much thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/396044-microsoft-office-2013-unable-open-files-mapped-network-drive.html
Relevancy 71.81%

i just went from windows 2000 to windows 7 professional and we had to reinstall all programs....
problem:
i need to open my company logo which was saved in microsoft office word 97-2003 - my new program is microsoft works word processor - i have tried saving it in different formats on my old computer but nothing seems to be working....
any suggestions?

A:Converting files from Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 to Microsoft Works Word Processor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-files-from-microsoft-office-word-97-2003-to-microsoft-works-word-processor.987414/
Relevancy 67.08%

After recent full system recovery caused by one or more virus, I am unable to re-install Microsoft Word or Word Perfect on my Compaq Presario, which has Windows XP. Microsoft Word will sometimes start the process but then just stops, giving no indication of what steps to take next or what the problem is. Word Perfect seems to start the process each time but then gets hung up with updating what it describes as the SHFolder.dll. Have waited as long as 20 minutes for this update. The screen does show activity but it just never seems to get done. I cannot take the installation process past that point.

Any suggestions on how I can correct or cure this problem?

A:Unable to install either Microsoft Word or Word Perfect

Check here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q303437/ for some help - probably the .dll is either corrupt or the path not recognized. Depending on whether or not this page helps, either fix it with that or lookup SHFolder.dll. on the net and download a new copy from somewhere like http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shfolder and install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-either-microsoft-word-or-word-perfect.578477/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have Microsoft Office 2003 installed and also the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack 2007. However, when I receive an e-mail with a Microsoft Word 2007 attachment, the document will not open even with the Compatibility Pack installed. I can not convert .docx to .doc. Any advice please?

A:Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Attachments in Microsoft Word 2007 will not open

Hi again,

Anybody able to help me with this please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2003-attachments-in-microsoft-word-2007-will-not-open.933856/
Relevancy 66.22%

Running Win XP on a home built Intel Core 2 duo platform. Just started within the last week or so. I can open the software from the CD, but not from my hard drive

Relevancy 64.93%

Can anyone help me out?

I click on microsoft word to try and open it and it doesn't even make an attempt to open. My word files also won't open. They are there, but just don't open.
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!
~Rob

A:Microsoft word and word doccuments won't open

May be virus problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-and-word-doccuments-wont-open.817375/
Relevancy 62.78%

In accessing Microsoft Word, or in accessing a saved Word document, both are served up; however, within seconds I get the following message:

MSGSRV has caused an error in UNIDRV.DLL. Winword will close now. If you continue to experience this problem, try restarting your computer.

Upoon closing the above window, the following window appears:

An error hs occurred in your program. To keep working anyway, click IGNORE and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click CLOSE. You will lose information entered since your last save.

I have elected both of the above choices on separate occasions, with the same result: After rebooting, I get the MSGSRV error message described above.

Could you please forward to me the sequence of steps to be followed in fixing this problem?

Thank you!

Cordially

Geoheid

AMD ANTHLON 1600
512MB
Window ME
Microsoft Office 2000

Relevancy 62.35%

I am trying to print a word document from my desktop but when I do I get an error message saying 'no printers are installed.' There are however 3 printers installed in addition to the virtual printers such as PDF ect. If I open the same document in Adobe reader or acrobat as a PDF I can print it. Is there some setting in Word I need to change to be able to print from Word?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625386/unable-to-print-from-microsoft-word/
Relevancy 61.92%

When I try to open any Word document , Windows Installer pops up and say "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office 2000 Professional..." Then it says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk. Please insert MSO 2000 Pro."
Well it used to work. And I've got to open my resume to get a job!!!! And no, I dont have the disk. This happens at every startup too. I have to sit the and cancel it over and over again as it tries three times to load. Your help would grrrrrrreatly appreciated.

A:Microsoft Word Won't Open

If you need your resume straight away, you can download OpenOffice.org; its word processor should be able to open the Word document (unless the original .doc file has become corrupt).
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67113/microsoft-word-wont-open/
Relevancy 61.92%

Im sorry if this is in the wrong area, but dont really know where to add it. I use hotmail and have recently noticed that i am not able to open attachments in microsoft word. it puts them into notepad and they are all scrambled. i have to save it, then rename it to have it open in word and it is becoming a pain. ive also noticed that wheni click on open it has the 3 rows. of information wheni download it. it has the name, type adn where it says from it has a bunch of numbers. on the other computers in the house it has their email as in ****@hotmail or ****@comcast where i have numbers. Can this be changed back to what it was before so i can open up into word right away? thanks for your help

A:cant open into microsoft word

1. Right-click "Start"

2. Left-click Explore

3. Left-click "Tools" on the menu bar at the top

4. Left-click "Folder Options"

5. Left-click the "File Types" tab at the top

6. Use the scrollbar under "registered file types" to scroll down until you see .DOC in the "extensions" column(They are in Alphabetical order)

7. Left-click DOC once to highlight it

8. Toward the bottom you will see "Opens with:" - Make sure it says "Microsoft Word beside it

9. If it doesn't then click "Change" and select Micosoft Word from the list, click "Ok".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-into-microsoft-word-222194.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi All Hope someone can help.

We have recently updated boyfriends computer on here as it hasn't been on the net for several years and now I cannot open Word. When I click on the shortcut an error message comes up ' This action is only valid for products that are currently installed' but it was working fine before. Problem is I run my own business and my son is doing his A levels so we both need word working on here as its a much better computer. My system is Windows XP, both Microsoft and HP have sent me things to try but can't seem to action them.

Thanks Debs

Relevancy 61.92%

I have windows xp on this laptop and microsoft word I don't think I have ever been able to open word but I am not for sure as I have had just recently the need to use it Every time I try to open something up I get an error saying there is not enough memory or disk space to open From what I looked up and tried to do on my own I think it has something to do with the compatibility pack for the office I deleted it but it still won't open any word documents I even received the message quot this patch package could not be Can't Microsoft open Word opened Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package I don't know what to do to fix this I need this program so bad I am taking online college courses and must use this program Please if anyone can help me Can't open Microsoft Word I would be so gracious This site has helped me previous times I love what you all do for people like us Thanks so much

A:Can't open Microsoft Word

Not very Promising, I'm afraidhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/295823 An alternative would be Open Office, whis is free and compatible with MS Office applicationshttp://www.openoffice.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294345/cant-open-microsoft-word/
Relevancy 61.92%

Whenever I try and open Word (frontpage, excel and powerpoint work fine), it says it's "Preparing to install" then it says "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP with Frontpage", then goes to a popup that asks to "Insert the 'Microsoft XP Professional with Frontpage' disk and click OK"

I would, but I lost my Win XP Pro cd... It used to work, but now it won't run, anyone encounter this before?

Relevancy 61.92%

I was typing a word document yesterday and Word open won't Microsoft a security message came up from Kaspersky the internet security I use with options I didn t take much notice and Microsoft Word won't open just clicked on the rd option which then blocked what I was doing and closed the document Microsoft Word won't open down When I tried to re-open the document I was getting the message quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item quot Now when I try to click on the word icon or try to open Microsoft Word won't open any saved word document I get the same message I did a search on google with the error message and tried to access word by first disabling my Kaspersky I was able to access word no problem with my security disabled so presumably this is where the problem lies Can anyone help as I don t know what I can do to be able to access word with my security enabled Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Anybody help Quite desperate as this is affecting my work Sometime ago I installed AGV as there seemed to be lil bugs in my comp that Norton could not get AGV managed to detect and delete these bugs but not all problems were solved Norton s subscription was up and I was still quite peeved about Norton s inability to help so I uninstalled it Since then there were more problems I m unable to run help from Start or msconfig from Start Run or system restore The error message is that it can t find the file Even when I go to explorer to double-click the file directly it still won t run I m unable to open ANY file with MS word or powerpoint It would say that the file is unavailable It would also prompt me to replace existing normal dot file I m unable to do the detect and repair it would say error I do to files run MSword unable system with restore/help/msconfig...unable open to not have the installation CD with me anymore I m unable to run any online virus scan Trend Panda even after I made changes to the security settings to allow for ActiveX I m tried to reinstall Norton but it can t run It says unable to run system restore/help/msconfig...unable to open files with MSword CFGWIZ EXE - Unable to locate component cctrust dll was not found I do run Spybot Adaware AGV Winaso regularly Please help thanks -Michelle- I have made a scan and included logs from HijackThis and Silent Runners Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system unable to run system restore/help/msconfig...unable to open files with MSword winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS unable to run system restore/help/msconfig...unable to open files with MSword system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME user LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO DownloadRedirect Class - - CB - C- C D- FA D D A - C Program Files iMesh iMesh iMeshBHO dll O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-run-system-restore-help-msconfig-unable-to-open-files-with-msword.380854/
Relevancy 61.49%

I get an error message : Winword is not a valid Win32 application
How do I open Microsoft Word? Please help

A:unable to open ms word 97

I would try running a virus check first.
If that doesn't work, then I would do a repair or reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-ms-word-97.127266/
Relevancy 61.49%

undefined

Unable open "word" with m/s xp pro w/i.e.
when click on other microsoft ofc options ..ok.
when click on "word" , menus disappear and reverts to desktop. tnx

A:Unable open m/s word

Take the Word troubleshooting steps here: www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-open-m-s-word.227886/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just download an mp3 encoder and it wants to open in ms word. This isn't the only program to do this. I have tried to delete ms word but that didn't solve my problem. I am running in win 98. Can anybody tell me what is causing this to happen. It is very frustrating.

A:Some programs want to open in microsoft word

You lost me here, You said that you downloaded an mp3 encoder, why would you try to open that in MS Word? What else are you trying to open in MS Word?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-programs-want-to-open-in-microsoft-word.37452/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've tried opening new documents and old ones- either way, I just get the little rectangle with the logo and then a white screen with a blue header reading "Microsoft Word". The logo screen is still partially visible; it appears to the side of the white window.

No matter how long I leave it, the document never fully loads. When I try to x out of it, I get an error message saying "Microsoft Word is not responding", with the option to "End Now" or "Cancel". I've tried restarting my computer, but no dice.

I have a Presario 2100 laptop with Windows XP Home Edition installed on it. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Microsoft Word won't open properly?

The very first thing I do when Word or any word processing package plays up is to delete the template file. Delete normal.doc or normal.docx(2007)

When Word reopens it will recreate the normal file. Sometimes corrupt template files will cause the app to fall over.

To find the template you may need to do a search

1. Click on Start>Search>All Files & Folders and type normal.dot
into the "Name or Partial Name:" field. (Typing normal.dot
will also find normal.dotm in Word 2007).

2. Next click on Advanced Options and be sure that Search
System Folders and Search Subfolders are checked, along
with Search Hidden Files & Folders.

3. Also, the "Look In:" field should be set to your main hard drive
(usually Local Disk C rather than to an individual folder,
such as "My Documents."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-wont-open-properly.825963/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All of a sudden microsoft word will not open properly. I get the page with the hourglass but it doesn't open to a fresh page for typing and I cannot open any of my documents either. I have tried system restore but didn't have a point far enough back for it to work. I have tried reinstalling from a disk I had from my old computer, but it doesn't work either.
I don't know why it would suddenly just stop working, it keeps telling me to report the problem, which I have done endlessly.
I am on XP using an admittedly old version of Word (2000) but it has always worked just fine before.
Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey, I'm having problems with Microsoft word and I really need it fixed.
Here's my problem:
I click on Microsoft word... it says "Windows installers - Preparing to install..."
Then it says: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I may have deleted something in the Add/Remove list... but I don't remember what it was.
Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 61.49%

Even when I send myself a Word attatchment it will not open.

A:Cannot open Microsoft Word attatchment

How (and from where) are you trying to open it? Do you get any error messages? Have you tried saving the attachment and then opening it?
We really need a little more information to help you.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30761/cannot-open-microsoft-word-attatchment/
Relevancy 61.49%

Microsoft has been working all along, went to start an assignment today, clicked into it like I normally would a message saying " Microsoft Word cannot open at this time please try again or go to control panel to repair" This has never happened before and I need it working as soon as pissible. HELP.!!!

A:Microsoft Word 2010 won't open

"go to control panel to repair"

Do as it suggests, or re-install Word from your Office CD by running Office Setup again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2010-wont-open.1073661/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I try to open Microsoft Office Word a window pops up that says window installer then it says installing microsoft office word feature It stops half way and another window pops up that says Installation error file not found A required installation file SKU CAB could not be found Original installation source required If you installed Can't Word open Microsoft 2003 Microsoft Office Standard edition from cd please Can't open Microsoft Word 2003 insert your cd If you installed Microsoft office standard edition over your computer network please browse Can't open Microsoft Word 2003 to the installation source on your computer Also a window popped up that says Microsoft word has not been installed for the current user Please run setup to install application I don t have the cd its lost This just started doing this about a month ago I can t open any files through microsoft office word or power point I have windows xp I don t know hardly anything about computers so I don t know what to do Any help will be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-microsoft-word-2003.866058/
Relevancy 61.49%

Okay so you know my system details I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit on it and McAfee Security Center Now the problem When I first got my laptop and installed Microsoft Office Enterprise on it Word worked more or less fine One thing that was kinda weird from the beginning was the fact that sometimes and error message dialog box would pop up when I would double-click a word document to open that said something to the effect of quot can not find file quot on it I found that if I already had Microsoft Word open that the word document would Can not Microsoft open documents Word immediately open on the first double-click Now Microsoft Word won't allow me to open any word documents I have tried double clicking them Ctrl O and even selecting Open after pressing the Office button- but nothing will work Every time Can not open Microsoft Word documents I try to open a word document Microsoft Word freezes Strangely enough I just discovered that I can open documents that are in the recently open documents that pop up whenever you place the cursor over the Open selection in the Office button- but other than that nada I have run diagnostics no errors were found done a repair to no avail When I reinstalled Office it basically returned to the original problem of just not opening documents by double-clicking Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do Is this a problem with Office not being completely compatible with x Is there some upgrade to fix this

http://www.vistax64.com/software/255719-can-not-open-microsoft-word-documents.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot open Word, either existing documents nor program. It tries to open but I get a half filled template when a Microsoft window appears saying that it has to close. I have been online with Microsoft tech support for hours and in the process I discovered a Trojan virus. This has since been removed, XP repair installation, Office 2000 un-installed reinstalled, Virus utilities un and reinstalled, but to no avail. I need help. All other programs will open although my PC seems to be running slowly and upon start up has even frozen and wouldn't boot up.

A:Microsoft Word (Failure to Open)

I do believe this has been resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-failure-to-open.136900/
Relevancy 61.49%

Currently running Windows 7 home premium. An automatic update has prevented me from accessing my documents and redirected me purchase Microsoft Office 2010. I installed Open Office but can only view individual documents by opening with Open Office. How do I run Open Office automatically? Do I uninstall Microsoft Office?

A:Microsoft Word to Open Office

Hi Xander82, and welcome to TSG.

The following page on the Microsoft web site explains how to set default programs to open different file types in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-which-programs-windows-uses-by-default

If your current trial installation of MS-Office has expired and you do not wish to purchase it, then yes, you can uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-to-open-office.1109244/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've recently downloaded Microsoft Word 2001 onto my Vista Basic computer, but anytime I try to open it, a window announces that it's installing the program, then about 5 seconds later, it opens Word, but it freezes right away! I'm not sure if Word 2001 is compatible with Vista, but I've heard that it is. Help !!!
Duck

Relevancy 61.49%

My Microsoft Office 2010 cannot be opened and the notification keeps on saying that the Microsoft Office is downloading the required feature, the Microsoft office may appear unresponsive temporarily as required files are downloaded". however, this problem has occurred for four days and it causes me problem to accomplish my work.

A:i cannot open my microsoft word 2010

Do you let it finish acquiring the needed files? You could do a simple repair of office from the control panel add and remove list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/261507-i-cannot-open-my-microsoft-word-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have purchased Microsoft Vista Basic and need to know what I need to do to view work bulletins. They are processed on Microsoft Word. Microsoft Works does not open this bulletin. Always something.
Thank You

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2000. All programs work EXCEPT for Microsoft Word. My operating system is Windows XP. Please HELP!

Relevancy 61.49%

whenever i load any office program

Relevancy 60.63%

Greetings,

I'm a former IT Systems Technician, and my girlfriend is a work-from-home writer. I've recently migrated her PC's original processor and ram from an HP motherboard to an ASRock board, linking the original WD Caviar Blue 1TB drive to the board as a secondary drive to collect documents and storage from, while running Windows 8.1 (up to date) on a Seagate Barracuda 250GB for the main OS and programs drive.

With those specs out there in the open, now it's time to get to the root of the problem.

As a work-from-home writer, my girlfriend depends on the ability to save her documents to Microsoft's OneDrive and upload them to her publisher, but with this error showing up, she cannot get them to save. I have never seen such a message in my many years of IT service, and I'm completely baffled.

I am the administrator... So now I turn to you guys for help.

A:Microsoft Office Word 2013 unable to save?

Do have have more than 1 version of Office installed on the machine? The error message seems to be indicating that there are 2 or more MS Office products installed that are in conflict with each other.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/69976-microsoft-office-word-2013-unable-save.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am having a problem opening Word 2000 on Win98SE. Whenever I try to open I get an error message telling me that my Resource are Low and that there is insufficient memory to run Word. What does this mean and how can I fix this?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a friend who is unable to open a doc. that he has been working on for a couple of weeks. He is using microsoft works and he says he saved the doc. after each use but now when he tries to open the doc. he gets the message that works is unable to open this program and that the file may be corrupted. This happen to him once before. Any suggestions as to how to open this doc. Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

I am unable to open word file. word files on C & D drive when attempted to open reverts with message"unable to open, check the file name"

A:unable to open word file

Hi. . .

Do you have Microsoft Word or equiv & can you open the program itself w/o opening a file?

Regards. ..

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-open-word-file-289037.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My friend has a LEGALLY obtained version of word 2010 and the access code for it but is unable to open up .docx sent to him but he is able open word and begin a new document, and when i did a C drive search for the Word application there wasn't one. any insight would help, Thanks.

A:unable to open up word documents

Does it work by opening Word, then opening the document from there?

If so, make sure .docx is associated with Word, which is located here as "WINWORD.EXE":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/224181-unable-open-up-word-documents.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I was editing a word (ms Office 2003 ver) file on my pen drive. Suddenly some screen appeared asking me to " Select the encoding that makes your document readable" and giving three options 1.Windows(Default), 2. MS-DOS, 3. Other encoding '
What ever I select it creats a junk file. Is there a way to recover my word file?. The problemn is with this file only some other word files on the pen drive opening normally
Pls help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-the-word-file.730330/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm a high school student whose been using Word 2001 on Vista for about 2 years without any problems. Recently, however, I couldn't open Word at all, it would just have that image of Word and "this product is liscenced to..." I later went online trying to find a solution and found out that I should delete the normal.dot templates. So I deleted the files normal.dot, normal11.dot, and a normal that looked like it came from the office 2007 trial (Microsoft Office Word Macro-Enabled Template). Well, this allowed me to open Word and save files. However, I can't open any saved files. Is there any solution to this? Thanks, I'm not particularly good with computers.

Relevancy 60.63%

When I try to open Microsoft Office Word a Can't open 2003 Microsoft Word Office window pops up that says window installer then it says installing microsoft Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003 office word feature It stops half way and another window pops up that says Installation error file not found A required installation file SKU CAB could not be found Original installation source required If you installed Microsoft Office Standard edition from cd please insert your cd If you installed Microsoft office standard edition over your computer network please browse to the installation source on your computer Also a window popped up that says Microsoft word has not been installed for the current user Please run setup to install application I don t have the cd its lost This just started doing this about a month ago I can t open any files through microsoft office word or power point I have Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003 windows xp I don t know hardly anything about computers so I don t know what to do Any help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Can't open Microsoft Office Word 2003

duplicated thread - closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-microsoft-office-word-2003.866059/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Microsoft Office 2013 Word program I am trying to open has been opening ok until this morning as begins to open it keeps displaying this message Microsoft Word We're Sorry, but word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly word will need to be closed a result and it gives three options Repair,Help,Close what is happening and how do I fix it? It was working perfectly ok until this morning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/385199-microsoft-office-word-fails-open.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello-

I use MS Outlook. I always have it open, the process uses about 18MB to 20MB of RAM when idle. That's no problem. The problem is Microsoft Word. It is alway open with Outlook. Word uses about 40MB to 50MB of RAM when idle. Just sitting, I'm already down 58MB to 70MB of RAM. Is there anything that can be done about that? I'm in no way short of memory (1280MB installed), but I haven't noticed it on other machines I've worked on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
PJ

Relevancy 60.63%

I am using a computer in the office There are two of us that use this computer myself and my boss Neither of us Microsoft is open 2003 slow Word to are really computer saavy we understand the basics and thats about it Microsoft Word 2003 is slow to open We only work in the office on rainy days any other time we are outside But we have been using Microsoft word for a few years and have never had a problem loading it until now It takes up to minutes sometimes to load the program We are using Windows XP edition service pack The computer is a dell Dimension DM Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz GHZ GB of RAM All our reports are in Word format and every time we open any report it is taking up to min to load Is this a virus spyware I dont think its the computer itself because we ve never had a problem with this or any other program before Any support or suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Microsoft Word 2003 is slow to open

Does this happen with other programs?
How full is the hard drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2003-is-slow-to-open.768910/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am working in a Word document, and any checkbox or symbol I insert, show fine but when I save and reopen my Documents. They show up as G instead of checkbox or sysmbol.

A:Microsoft Word Checkbox in document open as G

Which file formats is it saved as?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-checkbox-in-document-open-as-g.900508/
Relevancy 60.63%

I currently am setting up new PCs for my workplace They are runnin Windows Won't 2007 Microsoft Word/Powerpoint Open Pro bit I am having issues with MS Office of the PCs Microsoft Word/Powerpoint 2007 Won't Open run all of the office programs fine The other will not open word or powerpoint They just Microsoft Word/Powerpoint 2007 Won't Open crash on startup Both these computers are on a domain and the domain user has Admin privileges however it still does not launch When I log directly into the administrator account it does launch but if I go back to the domain user with admin permissions it fails to launch I have read tons of forums and tried everything from the reinstalling repairing deleting the registry deleting the normal dot running some registry commands and still nothing I am out of ideas and curious as to why it would work fine on of the PCs but not the other Any help would be greatly appreciated I know there is plenty of info out there on this issue but I have tried everything I can find and still no success

A:Microsoft Word/Powerpoint 2007 Won't Open

Welcome to Sevenforums!

Start - Control Panel - Administrative tools - Event Viewer.
Please check for Office errors logs under Windows Logs - Application.

It will give you error codes and more info. At least some starting point...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164919-microsoft-word-powerpoint-2007-wont-open.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running windows xp and my Word application takes close to a minute to open up. Once open it works fine, saves quickly. I was advised to change the template normal.dot to another name....or to delete the file.....I have tried both....the first time after doing so, Word opens in a second....but then there is another normal.dot created and the next time I try to open it I am back to waiting?? any words of wisdom will be appreciated
Katy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182672/microsoft-word-2003-slow-to-open/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have the program in my laptop. Everytime I click on program or one of the earlier documents it opens up and closes straight down?
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tanya

A:Microsoft Word wont stay open?

Try running in Safe Mode. If it works, an add-on is causing the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-word-wont-stay-open-670160.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Problem When I try to open Word documents Word will open but then tell me quot The file lt blah gt is not available quot I can Documents; Word close 03 Open - Won't Won't right Microsoft still open the documents using other applications such as Microsoft Works so I know it's not a problem with the file Problem When I click the lovely X to close Microsoft Word 03 - Won't Open Documents; Won't close right Microsoft Word I get a popup that says quot The file Normal already exists Do you want to replace the existing file quot It doesn't matter if I click Yes No or Cancel it then opens the quot Save As quot Microsoft Word 03 - Won't Open Documents; Won't close right window with the folder being quot Templates quot So I hit cancel and then I get another popup that says quot Changes have been made that affect the global template Normal Do you want to save those changes quot I hit No I've also tried Yes and it finally closes And then I cry myself to sleep Any suggestions at all I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office but that doesn't fix it Thanks for reading all this

A:Microsoft Word 03 - Won't Open Documents; Won't close right

Please click here for information. Let us know if that doesn't fix the problem.~67~

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10394/microsoft-word-03-wont-open-documents;-wont-close-right/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been able to successfully transfer Word Documents from Microsoft Word 2003 to Open Office Docs without any problems but I am unable to transfer a Word Document in the opposite direction. I.e.: from Open to Microsoft Word 2003
Can anyone help please?

A:Solved: open office/microsoft word

You got it save it as a Word Document in Open Office. If you opened it and then resaved it in Open Office it may have saved it as an Open Office file type instead of a Microsoft Word File Type. I know there is a way to make Open Office to default to saving as a Word Document. Just look thru the settings. So your first step to investigate is too see what file type OpenOffice is saving as by default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-office-microsoft-word.795270/
Relevancy 60.63%

For some reason my Microsoft WORD isn t opening up When I click the icon the programs starts to open by that I mean the quot x quot square logo shows up and then it stops there before opening up the whole page Then It freezes up and I am unable to do anything else I went to my documents and clicked a document there and the same thing happened This is what I ve done so far me Solved: without for won't Microsoft WORD open freezing. I did system restore Solved: Microsoft WORD won't open for me without freezing. and nothing was fixed I deleted Solved: Microsoft WORD won't open for me without freezing. WORD and Works and then reinstalled them Still nothing was fixed I deleted all quot normal dot quot hidden files I read about sweets problem with WORD and tried that After trying that WORD opened but I was unable to open a Solved: Microsoft WORD won't open for me without freezing. document because it said at the bottom of the page quot requesting virus scan quot It goes no further than that I think the problem started after I downloaded a calendar template from the last Windows Office update newsletter nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

When I start Outlook, Microsoft Word also opens over it.
Any ideas how to fix that?
Tks

Relevancy 60.63%

I have assigned a keyboard shortcut to Microsoft Word 2007. When I press those keys, Microsoft Word 2007 takes a while to open. If I close the program and press those same shortcut keys, Word opens up instantly. However, if I don't open word again for several minutes it takes some time to open just as it did when I first opened it. I haven't timed it to see at what point this occurs, but I did notice it after 20 minutes or so.

I am assuming that something stays in memory / running for a while (and this is independent of the fact that I already have multiple documents already open), which is why Word opens up again instantly. It is indeed instant and I am very happy with that speed, but I want it to happen every single time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be done?

Note: This is being done on a Windows 8 Computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/72997-how-get-microsoft-word-2007-always-open-instantly.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hey guys, i've got like 7 documents i need to look at. i was wondering if it's possible for me to open all of them at once instead of opening them individually?

thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Sony laptop PCG-Z VA XP home edition w svc pak My Word program will not work I have used the quot Word quot icon and have also opened the program folder and double clicked the quot winword exe quot file and have come up with the same results The window opens up and displays the quot Word quot icon at the top of the window along with the text quot Document - Microsoft Word quot but it is a blank Microsoft open 2000-Word will Office not page I wait a few minutes and open the Windows Task Mgr and see where the quot Word quot program status is quot not responding quot I have uninstalled and reinstalled have used Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open the quot repair quot function of the installation program and have also reinstalled quot Word quot Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open where the CD is required to open the program I have the original CDs that I purchased and have been using this Office Suite for that many years without problems All the other programs in the Suite are working Can anyone out there help me nbsp

A:Microsoft Office 2000-Word will not open

have you installed office 2000 service packs.
have you tried to search and rename Normal.dot file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2000-word-will-not-open.845578/
Relevancy 60.63%

Beginning a Microsoft open in will Word safe only mode few days ago my computer will only open Microsoft Word in Microsoft Word will only open in safe mode the safe mode I have a Dell computer and operate Windows XP Office Student Teacher Edition When I try to open word I get the following message quot This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the applicationsupport team for more information quot Microsoft Word will only open in safe mode When I close that window it then asks if I want to open in safe mode and does so Microsoft Word will only open in safe mode How can I get the system to open correctlyu as it used to I tried restoring the computer to an earlier date no luck Two months ago I switched from my old dial up ISP to a satellite service Since I was no longer protected from viruses etc by the provider I installed Window Live OneCare Is it possible there is a firewall or spam filter etc causing the problem I ve looked but don t see anything obvious I appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Microsoft Word will only open in safe mode

Try openning Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Microsoft Office and run (repair)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-will-only-open-in-safe-mode.637244/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I open a microsoft office word document a light blue screen comes up which is usually the screen behind the word doc that opens. In order for me to pull up the doc I am looking for I have to hit the menu on top left and click recent documents and then it opens the doc. Also, if I right click and choose word to open the doc an error message pops up saying "Windows cannot find C:documents and settings/administrator/desktop/charlie/d? make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again". I am using Office 2007 and this happens with every document I open that is a word document. It does not happen with Excel

A:Cannot open a Microsoft word doc with office 2007

"Windows cannot find C:documents and settings/administrator/desktop/charlie/d?

Can you please post the rest of that error message.
It might be important to know what the system is looking for

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370093/cannot-open-a-microsoft-word-doc-with-office-2007/
Relevancy 60.63%

when i try to open microsoft word the computer freezes. i found out about using wordpad instead, which is fine, and using wordpad does not make the computer freeze. i click on start, then on run, then type in wordpad. but someone recently sent me a microsoft word document as an attachment, and when i tried to open the attachment the computer froze again. so i sent that email to a friend who opened the attachment, then copied and pasted the contents in an email back to me.

is there a way i can access microsoft word documents without bothering my friend (in terms of copying and pasting in an email?).

what other information do you need in order to help me with this problem? i have windows 98. a friend uninstalled then reinstalled microsoft word, but it did not help.

thanx,

contralto

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

For some reason I can no longer open Microsoft Works Word Processor or any of the files I created using this programme. When I try to do so I get the following error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

I uninstalled the programme and then re-installed it subsequently but still have the same problem. All other programmes in the suite such as Microsoft Calender, Database, Spreadsheet etc. are all opening OK.

If anyone can throw some light on this issue I would be most grateful.

Brian Mulligan.

A:Can't open Microsoft Works Word Processor

goto

program files>
microsoft works>

do you see a file called

WksWP.exe

if so double click on it and see if it runs

then we can work out the shortcut for programs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-microsoft-works-word-processor.531618/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have, only recently been told that it has been extremely difficult for those to whom I have sent emails to open them. I use office '10, which sometimes saves in '07...maybe because the original documents were 2003?
The ISP is Aol and I use Firefox. Previous to the changeover to Win8, there were no problems. Any ideas?

A:Others now unable to open emails made from Word '10...

the person who you are sending to do they have installed the Office Compatability Tool?
this one
Download Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats from Official Microsoft Download Center

they need it if they are receiving office 2010 documents and have office 2003 or office 2007

If they do not want to install it then you must save the file for the 2003 format as you see in the pic below

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/21482-others-now-unable-open-emails-made-word-10-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there I am currently unable to open MS Word attachments within MS Outlook I have tried and can open other attachments other than Word I get two message alerts as follows Word cannot open the document Try one or more of the following On the File menu click Open to open the document Make sure the document has a doc extension C Windows Temporary doc The document name of path is not valid Try one of more of the following check the path to make sure it was typed correctly On the file menu click Open Search for the file using this dialog box Files OLKC FINAL -- If i click ok attachments MS to [SOLVED] open Unable Word on these this is the only option available then I get taken to a new blank document If i follow their advice I can see the documents [SOLVED] Unable to open MS Word attachments but it s a palaver having to do that when there should be a function available I am running Windows on a Novell Network Do you have any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I'd had just gotten a brand new harddrive for my laptop and once I brought all my old documents from word over to the new harddrive from my USB drive and then reinstalled Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 and I try to open a document up an error message pops up saying "C:/Users/Sean/Documents/____/___.doc is not a valid Win32 application". Is there a way to get rid of this or bypass this and get my document to work again? Any help would be very grateful and I would appreciate it.

A:WORD Documents unable to open anymore - NEED HELP!

Open a command prompt and type in:

assoc .doc

Then see what it tells you.

(Note that there is a space between assoc and .doc)

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/99649-word-documents-unable-open-anymore-need-help.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've done extensive searching on Google, but am unable to find a solution to my problem anywhere.

The problem is that when I try to click on a hyperlink in Word and Excel, it fails, saying that "no program is registered to open this file".

This is Office 2010 running on Windows 7. Does anyone here happen to know how to resolve this issue?

A:Unable to open hyperlinks in Word and Excel

This MS website may help you.

Error message when clicking hyperlink in Office: "Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server"

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/343863-unable-open-hyperlinks-word-excel.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When I click on a link on a word document or on excel, I am unable to open the link and I get the following message:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

I am the only operator and I did not place any restrictions.

Thanks.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 70017 MB, Free - 57129 MB; D: Total - 6275 MB, Free - 3453 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0HH807
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:UNABLE TO OPEN LINKS FROM WORD DOCUMENTS

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are you sure that your account is an administrator account?

How about if you also hold down control?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-links-from-word-documents-688249.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I'm unable to open a scrap-object in Word. When I drag and drop the file into a new document, the scrap-object is shown as an icon but i'm not able to get the original text back. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thx in advance

Relevancy 60.2%

I m trying to open Word file or MS Word file got error message as ?The file is corrupted and cannot be opened?, I have crucial important data got lost due to some causes as virus infected, software and hardware malfunction etc, so how to get backup important Word file. If you have any solution please help me.

A:How to repair a corrupted Microsoft Word file that would not open?

try ...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2387587

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-repair-a-corrupted-microsoft-word-file-that-would-not-open.4068802/
Relevancy 60.2%

Microsoft Word will not open my Word documents when I click on a Word document icon, what happens instead is:

I click on a Word document icon saved on my computer.
Microsoft Word opens to a gray screen and does not open the document I clicked on.

If I open Word first and then click on new blank document on the toolbar and then click on the Word document I want to open, then it will open. But this is a royal pain, sometimes I have to navigate deep into folders to re-open a document after I've done the above to enable Word.

I have reinstalled the program, replaced the normal.dot template by a with a new normal.dot but nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate someone's help with this. Microsoft Customer support has me running in circles.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello. I have Microsoft Works Word Processor.
I have a Vista operating system.

When I open up a word document to type,
I want it always to open with another font and size,
not the current one. (times new roman).

It is hassle to change this everytime, and then it goes back to times new roman whenever it wants.

I cannot find out how to do this.
I cannot even find a "preferences" in case that would work.
Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Works Word Processor-Want it to open with another Font.

Easy
Instructions at the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/250307

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor-want-it-to-open-with-another-font.589571/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an Acer Aspire G laptop running MS Windows Home Premium -bit with Intel Core i CPU M GHz and GB RAM I have AVG Antivirus Free Edition installed I have many problems and get error messages when I try to open a MS Word document or try to get MS Word program to open Problem and Error message I cannot get past the first orange screen that says quot Microsoft Word quot It hangs indefinitely Error message program Microsoft and open Word 2007 can't document I quot There was a problem sending the command to the program quot Problem I tried to open a MS Word document with LibreOffice It opened the first MS Word document but hanged indefinitely when I tried to open another MS Word document Problem I tried opening a I can't open Microsoft Word 2007 program and document MS Word document using MS Publisher it had problems and hanged indefinitely Problem and Error message I tried to create a document in MS Publisher using MS Word features import but it gave an error message quot Microsoft Office Publisher is connecting to printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer to get print capabilities and settings information quot This hanged indefinitely Problem After I had imported MS Word I can't open Microsoft Word 2007 program and document features into MS Publisher when I tried to use MS Publisher itself the pull-down menus were all empty Why were they empty What happened there It never happened before Problem I searched Windword exe using Start gt and I typed this in the Search box quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office winword exe quot unregserver But I didn't find this on my laptop So I downloaded Winword exe and searched again But still this search term quot unregserver quot did not appear Problem I went to the Control Panel and clicked on quot Programs and Features quot then scrolled down the list until I found Word and clicked on it Then it gave me an option to Remove Modify Repair I clicked Repair but it did not 'repair' the program and I still can't open my MS Word I don't want to have to re-install MS Word because I have misplaced it and can't find it anyway I will sincerely appreciate any help

A:I can't open Microsoft Word 2007 program and document

Hi Faridah, Welcome to Seven forums.

Lot of errors there.

Try this for starters. Fix MS Word.

Also, try to run MS Word after unchecking the option "Run as Administrator".

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317445-i-cant-open-microsoft-word-2007-program-document.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I can not open ms Word documents by double-clicking on them anymore, When ever I do so I get a mesage saying: "There was a problem sending the command to the program."
I do get the Word window open but there is nothing in it. I have tried this with .doc, .docx and .txt files and I get the same thing.
But I can open files if I first open word and then go to Open and select a document from there, but not by double clicking.
I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and Microsoft Office Word 2007, can anyone help me?

A:Can not open documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007

Open Word, go to the Office Orb, then Resources, and then "Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

This will check out the install and do a repair if needed. You will need to the "Office cache" file on the hard drive or have the Office CD handy, if it is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-open-documents-in-microsoft-office-word-2007.907959/
Relevancy 59.77%

lately i am unable to open programs that seem to be made by Microsoft such as excel and IE7. I can open other programs but they dont function fully. I can open system restore but cant restore. i can open WMP11 and use it but after its minimized i cant open it up again.

i ran avg, adaware, pest scan and registry mechanic and i still dont know what to do.

A:Unable to open Microsoft Programs

Hi and welcome. Please don't duplicate post. Since you posted a hijack this log, I'm going to leave that thread open and close this one.
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r.../724866-programs-wont-open-vista-freezes.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-microsoft-programs.724863/
Relevancy 59.77%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI RADEON XPRESS Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI AMETHYST-M Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled After downloading using a video file converter days ago which may or may not be the cause I am now unable to use any Microsoft programs at all These include at least msconfig help amp support IE Outlook Microsoft Money It appears that the registry has been corrupted I tried Microsoft unable XP to programs in open to use system restore using several different dates but it failed every time including in safe mode When trying to open MS money error msg see attached states already running but it s not kill it in task manager it can t even be opened catch- even uninstalled amp re-installed from disk still the same unable to open Microsoft programs in XP It seems something is preventing me from repairing any Microsoft programs Ran scans on AVG found nothing Ran Malwarebytes found amp removed several items see attached I m stuck Can you help nbsp

A:unable to open Microsoft programs in XP

let mbam fix the things it found
reboot then

follow advice here and post the logs those programs make

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-open-microsoft-programs-in-xp.1089294/
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows bit is my OS I recently did a system refresh Since doing the system refresh I am unable to open Microsoft store I did all the steps from this http windowsinstructed com troubleshoot-windows-store-i I then went to Unable to Open Store Microsoft this http answers microsoft com en-us windows wiki windows this link was on the previous article I did a sfc scan and the result was windows did not find any integrity violations The article said that if I got that result to try step or ask a professional for Unable to Open Microsoft Store help I didn't run Unable to Open Microsoft Store the DISM scan Do you think I should run it On my apps screen by the Microsoft store tile the word error appears I also have error by a lot of other titles too many tiles to list I don't know if that information will help to solve the issue When I click on the store title it blinks for a few seconds then disappears On the start screen there is a white circle with a black X in the lower right corner of the tile How do I get the store to open Thanks for your help

Relevancy 59.77%

I am unable to open any Microsoft websites.

I have resetted the Internet explorer.
I am able to use the Microsoft website in safe mode with networking but iam no able to browse Microsoft sitre in Normal mode.
Any suggestions appreciated

A:Unable to open any Microsoft websites

First thing I would do is run some through scans with an Antivirus program and Antispyware programs.

Some free and safe ones

Download FREE antivirus software - avast! Home Edition
Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner
Malwarebytes.org
The home of Spybot-S&D!
SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware. AntiSpyware. AntiMalware.
Windows Defender

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/223166-unable-open-any-microsoft-websites.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Windows bit is my OS I recently did a system refresh Since doing the system refresh I am unable to open Microsoft store I did all the steps from this How to Fix Windows Store Not Working When I ran the command prompt like the above article suggested these are the results I don't know what the results Microsoft Store to Unable open mean I don't know the next steps to resolve Unable to open Microsoft Store the issue I then went to this Troubleshooting Component Store System Files Corruption - Microsoft Community this Unable to open Microsoft Store link was on the previous article I did a sfc scan and the result was windows did not find any integrity violations The article said that if I got that result to try step or ask a professional for help I didn't run the DISM scan Do you think I should run it On my apps screen by the Microsoft store tile the word error appears I also have error by a lot of Unable to open Microsoft Store other titles too many tiles to list I don't know if that information will help to solve the issue When I click on the store title it blinks for a few seconds then disappears On the start screen there is a white circle with a black X in the lower right corner of the tile When I clicked on the black X I got the following pop up This app can't open There's a problem with the apps name is here contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it How do I repair or reinstall apps How do I get the store and other tiles to open I am unable to add a new user account I get error messages when trying to do so I have the same issue when I try to open pc settings Would running this software Tweaking com - Windows Repair help to resolve the issues I am having Thanks for your help

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/125856-unable-open-microsoft-store.html