Windows Support Forum

Word 2000 font

Q: Word 2000 font

I have Windows and have a question regarding Word font 2000 a saved document in Word Microsoft Office --I recently had my system upgraded and a new larger hard drive installed This new drive eliminated the other drives I had so now everything is on one drive When my tech transferred all the files over everything went well All the files open edit and close just fine But there is Word 2000 font one document I created years ago that I use for my business that is showing up in the quot symbol quot font I have tried selecting all and changing it but when I do everything appears as a little square The size will change but the only letters remotely legible are when it s put on quot symbol quot I emailed a copy to my tech and she couldn t figure it out All of my Publisher documents as well as the rest of my Word documents are fine I don t know what else to do and can t imagine trying to decipher this out enough to retype it Any ideas Thanks avonar nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Word 2000 font

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.11%

I have had a search of the forum and can't find a solution to this, so apologies if it is a known / obvious fix for the experts!

I have created a document in Word 2000 that includes some "Windings" symbols. In opening the document on other machines in Word 97, some of them have changed font colour and turned into "Wingdings 2" and others have remained in "Wingdings" but changed font colour.
Wingdings is definitely an installed font on the machines I have tried, and it appears to be a consistent change on those different machines (i.e. replaced characters are the same and colour changesare the same).
[We are all appear to be using the same printer drivers and are using Windows 98]

A:Changing symbol font from Word 2000 to Word 97

Slight error in the above. Gone back to original machine and checked document. When opening in Word 97 the font isn't actually changing as I did use "Wingdings 2" in the original anyway, but clolours are changing and the actual symbol used in "Wingdings 2" has changed.

So basically the two problems are:

1 - font colours are changing on all the symbol font characters (whether "Wingdings" or "Wingdings 2").
2 - a different symbol is being used for those in "Wingdings 2" on the Word 97 machines.

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi to all
I run Word 2000 and just recently when I went to sent off an email I found although Times New Roman 10 was set, the font coming up on the screen was far too small,barely readable, increasing the number does increase the size It is not satisfactory really.
I have tried numerous things even reistalling Office but nothing seems to help
The same thing happens in Word
Help !!! Thank you

Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Word 2000 program which has worked well in the past. For at least a couple of years. I have not knowingly tinkered or screwed with the program in any way, but suddenly now I cannot control the font size with the usual Format/Font command. All fonts are too large. The smallest font, 8 pt, looks more like 16 pt. Sixteen point looks correspondingly much larger.

The program is registered to me, but I can't find the blasted disk to reinstall it.

Does anybody have any helpful thoughts? I thank you for them.

Relevancy 71.81%

Word 2000 default font is Times New Roman 12.
How can it be changed to, say, Georgian, Courier New, or other fonts & the size you want for it?

Relevancy 70.95%

A command I often us in my Word toolbar is Font Color (the icon has an emboldened A). Recently, when putting my cursor on the icon to open it and change the color of the font(s), it will not work. So, I have to right-click on the toolbar, go to Customize?drag the icon back into Customize drop-down box, re-open Format and drag another Font Color back up to the toolbar. But, this works only for a few minutes and then stops working again.

I have tried all different scenarios to overcome this problem, but have no idea why such a simple thing is not working as it should?and this has never happened in all the years I have been using my computer.

Thanking whomever takes the time to respond to this question.

Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs, scroll down to Microsoft Office. Click Change/Remove here you can Add Office programs, Remove (Uninstall) Office or Repair. Try Repair.
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all, just 2 weeks back i've come across a new problem in Word2000. I've a friend try to change the font sizes in Word 2000 when using Arabic Fonts. But she is unable to do that. But if she were to try changing the Arabic Fonts size in Excel 2000, she will be able to do that. I've tried logging on as another user id (Windows 2000) but the problem persist.

Have also tried to repair office, un-install/re-install office, re-create a new profile for her, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have Word on Win XP I ve added a bunch of macro icons to my formatting tool bar so I can quickly change font color white black blue red or highlighting color white green yellow turquoise I also wanted the normal font drop down tool with its X color grid and the normal highlighting tool with its X color grid The problem is my normal font color tool X grid won t drop down until I edit the toolbar and 2000: font won't drop down Word 'drop' color put the exact same tool up there Now I ll have Word 2000: font color drop down won't 'drop' two up there but I can drag the Word 2000: font color drop down won't 'drop' second one away as soon as I put it up there When I close my customization window the original font tool becomes active and I can now work with it Before I go into customization mode I can use the default black color on the color font tool It just won t drop down to expose the color grid How can this be fixed It didn t always work like this Thanks nbsp

A:Word 2000: font color drop down won't 'drop'

Check in the toolbar options it should have an option to control the behavior of the drop down menus......or it could be a software glitch which in case you will have to reinstall
Relevancy 59.77%

I was trying to configure Word 2000 to send email, but I can't seem to find the means to configure the bloody thing. I have tried help files, but wasn't much help.

Anybody plz?

A:Microsoft Word 2000 aka MS Word 2000 - Sending Email - Need Help Configuring

Word itself does not send (or receive) e-mail messages. You may configure Word to be your e-mail editor, but it still requires an e-mail program (such as MS Outlook) to send messages.

You can send e-mails from within Word by using File, Send To, Mail Recipient (or Mail Recipient as Attachment), but this still uses Outlook to do the sending and receiving.

Relevancy 55.04%

I am glad I found this forum!!!
I would like to know how do I change the font size to larger than a 72 I need my letters to be bigger than this for a banner????

A:Is There Any Way To USe A Larger Font In Word, Or Word Perfect Than 72?
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi There

This is not a macro question. I have been at this for hours now with no success. I have a picture in MS word 2000. The picture is text with a box around the text. See attached MS Word 2000 file. I want to copy this picture into Excel 2000. But when I do a copy and paste, it does paste into Excel but just the box shows up and not the writing. Can someone out there copy it and paste it for me in Excel 2000 and send it to me?? I can then copy it from your Excel spread sheet into my Excel spread sheet.

Thanks for your help in this.

Relevancy 52.03%

Using Access 2000, I have a number field, formatted number....
doing a mail merge in word, causes the field which is called Dues to loose it's formatting... Word says to apply a Numeric Picture Switch...{ Dues \# $#,##0.00 } but try as I might I cannot get it to work....

So I have the Syntax wrong on something? I am in a time crunch and have to have this letter out asap am tomorrow....

What is wrong???? I did a letter like this in January and it worked fine.....Help!

Relevancy 52.03%

Up until today, i have connected to Access via ODBC, then chosen my query in Access, then used microsoft query to further filter the mail merge...

today i get an error that says Word can't reestablish a DDE connection with Microsoft Query to complete the task.

Do you know why or what happened...if you don't have time to answer, if you could just point me in the direction of a document it would be helpful.

A:HELPPPPPPPPP Access 2000 Word 2000 question

See if any of these help:

WD2000: "Word Could Not Re-Establish a DDE Connection..." Error

WD2000: ErrMsg: "Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to <Application> to complete the current task."

ACC2000: Word DDE Connection Error Using Table or Query with Quotation Marks

WD2000: Word Flashes on Windows Taskbar When You Cancel "Choose Data Source" in MS Query

WD2000: Error Message: "Word Could Not Locate or Start <path>\MSQRY32.EXE" When You Try to Use MS Query
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi folks I have this problem that is hard to search for on Google We have a lot of word documents connected to a simpel text data file data doc that is used with mail merge Here is our process data doc is opened filled with all variablenames we can use in our documents name country etc data doc is opened filled with the actual data from a database belonging to the variables name Kees Japan etc 2007 2000 documents problem Opening correctly automation in word word Our vb net application does step and then starts a template word document which has that data doc file attached for mail merge The template is now filled in with the correct data Opening word 2000 documents correctly in word 2007 automation problem vb net application tells MS Word to print the document Works fine and we have ourselves a nice document filled in with data we specified in the vb net application Now comes the problem some new computers will have office instead of office installed during testing we have encountered that it does not error but the office installed computer does not fill in the data and just shows mergefield names lt lt name gt gt lt lt country gt gt Also when printed out So it seems like the datafile is not connected when opening the template in word If we let our vb net application show us the document visually first we can re-attach the data file again and we can print the data however there are thing wrong with this approach More user input which is not needed MS Word is opening and showing something we do not want in some cases We also automate the printing of packages which is basicly a list of different templates that needs to be printed automatically without users input Because the old computers will not be updated anytime soon to office versions we have to work some time with both systems So we cannot convert the document to word version because the office computers can t read them anymore How can I let the office read the documents with correct automatic mail merge without user input just as word does We can implement the possible solution both in the sourcecode of the vb net application as we can solve it by configuring ms office so all possibilities are welcome With kind regards nbsp
Relevancy 51.6%

One of the features I really liked in the DOS version of WordPerfect 5.1 was the ability, when highlighting, to simply type a character or string of chars. near the end of the relevant portion to be highlighted and have the program take the highlight directly there.

Can WORD 2000 do this? So far, all I can figure out is how to highlight either an entire word, sentence, or line, but none of them with the precision that WordPerfect 5.1 allowed.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am a consultant in central Texas and I have a customer that does not recall the chronology of how he got into this situation but basically, I'll attempt to explain. He has Word 2000 installed on an XP Pro machine. He wants to do a mailing that 2000 is unable to handle. We found that 97 will do the desired process with no problem. I tried to install Word 97 to his computer but the setup program indicates that 97 is already on the machine. There is no trace of Word 97 that I can find. The customer thinks that he has vacillated between 97 and 2000 at least twice. I just want both on this machine at the same time. I could uninstall both and then reinstall 2000 then 97 and I think it will work but I was hoping to avoid the uninstalls. Any ideas?

A:Unable to install Word 97 on Word 2000 machine

It sounds like Uncle Bill left some fragments in the registry (or, hopefully, just a file used to flag Word'97's presence).

Hopefully you are using "My Documents" to save everything created in MSWord (either version); that will make it pretty easy to back up the files you don't want to take chances on. Burn a couple CDs or DVDs as needed/if available.

Check the Add/Delete Programs- to see which version/s are installed. I would uninstall each one- re-starting the computer between uninstalls.

With operating systems it makes a difference in which order they are installed; I would follow the same rule for the same reasons--- install the older one first (Word 97). Paranoia makes me want to shut down & reboot between versions. Then install Word 2000.

Good luck.
Relevancy 51.17%

I wanted to determine the color and font of text from a website. I cut and pasted a paragraph into Word 2010, but Word 2010 pasted using my default font. Is there a way to disable this, temporarily?

A:Word 2010: paste from website into word, retaining website font

Hi there ... See if the Link below is of any Help ..
Control the formatting when you paste text - Word
Relevancy 51.17%

Please help me someone I'll try to make this short but give you all the info I have a Dell Dimension running Windows Professional with Microsoft Office Prof My 2000/microsoft word 2000 help/windows problem started with Microsoft Word freezing after loading I'm able to load the program and even load a file then word freezes I have already updated amp run these programs in normal and safe mode Norton Antivirus Spybot Adaware No virus and all adware removed I've run CWShredder help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000 amp have Spyware Blaster amp Zone Alarm running I've cleaned out my computer with CCleaner and it does not require defrag at this time As far as Microsoft Word goes it will run in safe mode and sometimes runs when I load it with the a switch but has also been freezing up when loaded on a switch I have renamed and deleted all NORMAL DOT files I have checked start-up folders in Word to remove files but there were no files to remove I have changed Word's registry Data key and Option key I have run detect amp repair in normal Word and in a switch mode I have run repair from add amp remove programs It still doesn't work I was preparing to remove amp reinstall when I decided to check for office updates I updated Microsoft Office with suggested updates from Microsoft I can't tell now what updates I loaded Now my problem is my CPU usage stays at a steady Now I don't know if this happened before or after I updated my computer I don't want to remove amp reinstall Office until I can get my CPU usage down Anybody please have any suggestions Here's my log from Hijackthis if it helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C winnt System smss exe C winnt system winlogon exe C winnt system services exe C winnt system lsass exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C winnt system MSTask exe C WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exe C winnt Explorer EXE C winnt wanmpsvc exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS monitr exe C WINNT system fxredir exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPTBox exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Documents and Settings Claire S da Rosa My Documents hijack this Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride www direcwaysupport com localhost lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C DOCUME CLAIRE DAR MYDOCU HIJACK SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM R... Read more

A:help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000

Hello and Welcome to TSF

This will be moved to the proper location so you will get faster response
Relevancy 51.17%

the font and resolution are huge and i cant seem to make it go away. it give me an error when i try to change it saying something about my graphics card has an error. what should i do?

A:2000 resolution and font is big and wont go away

whats the Windows version you have
windows 2000 ???

sounds like the graphic cards needs a driver and is just working in VGA mode

this is for XP - win2k similar
control panel>
hardware tab>
device manager button>
also any ! X or ?
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could help me with my problem. I am attempting to create a banner for a client in PD 2000. The problem is they want the font "Expo" used. I cannot find this specific font, but in the case I do find it, how would I import this font into PD for use? Can this be done? Also does anyone have any idea where I can find this "Expo" font?

Thank you sooo much!

A:PhotoDraw 2000 & importing a font???

You should just be able to copy the font to c:\windows\fonts\
and then it will be availabe for all your programs to use... As to where to find that font, I really don't know..
Relevancy 50.74%

In Word, I once read that you could turn on this feature that allowed for you to take something from a site, copy and paste it to your document, and everything on the document would be the same font. It helps people who copy and paste a lot, and don't want their document to look like a randsom note.

Anyone know what this is? I'd really like to have it and not go through the trouble of reformatting everything.

A:Help for Word font changes

Sure. Copy from web.
Edit--Paste special, unformatted text. It takes on the font that your document is currently using.
Relevancy 50.74%

There are times when my wife hits, inadvertently, a series of keys in MS Word that changes the keyboard settings to some weird unintelligible new font thing .
After hitting these keys, she gets a new key board where when you hit the back slash button you get a lower case e with a slash over it as in Resume, as in job application form.
The characters seem to change randomly and we haven't figured out the combination of keys that shes mistyping to make all this happen.
Anyone care to take a stab at it?

A:Ms Word Font

hello gregoryd, is a list of shortcuts for MS office, may shed some light on what's happening.
Relevancy 50.31%

I am having difficulty in getting word wrap to operate successfully.
After having entered a page of text, and inserted the picture, graphic, etc I then go to the 'edit wrap points' function which places a dotted outline around the graphic. If I then drag the graphic into place ie over the text, nothing happens.

I have also gone to the the 'Format > tight' function, but again nothing.

How do I get the text to wrap around the graphic as I intended.

I would appreciate any help.

A:Problems with word wrap in Word 2000

Anybody out there able to help me with this word wrap problem as its really starting to annoy me!

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a CD rom with a Word 2000 document on it. I want to view this document with Word 97. When I try it tells me that it will not work and to try from the file menu (Word 97 opens, but no document appears). I try from the file menu, but it still will not open. Is there a patch I can download to enable this? I tried the Microsoft site, but there seems to be no patch and there is no article in their knowledge base to help. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Relevancy 50.31%

My 2000 MS Word stopped opening the documents I have on file. The error message : "There was a problem sending the command to the program" keeps coming up after the document tries to open. I can create and save documents, but then cannot open them to view the content. This started after the removal of roaming defender spyware by SpyHunter software. I don't have any files blocked by SpyHunter and still have the issue with Word with SpyHunter deactivated.I am wondering if a file got removed in the spyware clean up and removal?

A:Word 2000 will not open word documents

Does anybody have any ideas on this problem. I really need to be able to get my documents to open. Re-install of office doesn't help. I am not sure if I am allowed to post to my own topic, if not, I apologize. Thank you to anyone who has any ideas.
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, I have a problem with viewing my Word 2000 documents under Word 2002. I format a document under 2000 and when I look at it under 2002 the margins on the top and bottom are shifted upward. The margin settings are the same size when I look at the document under 2000 and 2002 but the 2002 documents are offset. My text boxes and pictures are shifted somehow. I was thinking there might be a hot fix for this issue. Anyone know what is causing this?
Thank you

A:Word 2000 Doc's offset under Word 2002

are you flipping between 2000 and 2002?

why not use the same version of word on both computers?

i ran into a different problem with office '97 and 2000 and changed all systems to 2k.
i'd run a 97 or 2k word doc and was always asked if i wanted to change to the other format, sometimes i did, sometimes i didn't.

i have a feeling you try to look at a doc done in 2k and want to view it in 2002.
when you finish you're probably asked do you want to revert back to 2k and that's why you're having problems.
if you change it to 2002 it 's supposed to be backward compatible with 2k and you don't say if this is happening one time or every time.
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to put a word perfect 10 doc. into a word 2000 doc. I have word perfect 10 but my school has word 2000. I need to print my paper but don't know how. Can anyone help??

A:Solved: Word perfect 10 to word 2000 doc.

Word should be able to open the WordPerfect document. Or you can save the document as a Word 97 document in WP. Do file>Save As, and in the File Type box Select Word 97/2000/2002, and click save.
Relevancy 50.31%

after my laptop crashed I can't change font style or size in MS Word of Office 2000 running under windows 98. Also can't open detailed menus under some of tool bar tabs, such as Format/Style. I've removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and even reinstalled Windows 98, to no effect. Any sugggestions?

A:frozen font style in office 2000

Click on the "newsletter" link at left. Read the 3rd article of each one. Specifically, do the hard drive maintenance steps and if that doesn't work, rename your file to normal.old and relaunch Word.

Let me know if it doesn't help.
Relevancy 50.31%

I just want to change the font colour of one word in Access, you would think it'd be simple but I can not work it out, it keeps changing ALL the font. I'm starting to really dislike Access!

A:how to change font colour in MS Access 2000?

Access is not a word processing Program, it is for Data Storage and Manipulation and therefore has limited Formatting in comparison to Word for example.
The data can be output to Word or Excel if you want to Format individual words.
Relevancy 50.31%

How do I change the default font on my computer when using Word in Office 2000 from New Times Roman to Arial? I am running Windows XP.

A:Office 2000 Default font setting?

In Word, Go to File, Open, in Files of Type box select Document Templates. The Look in box at the top should automatically go to where Templates are stored. Select and open it. Make changes you want to happen by deafult, then save back in original location as same filename.

There you go!

BTW, If you can't find this way, then go to Start, Find, Files or Folders, and in the Search Window, type in and make sure you are looking in your local hard drives. Hit enter or click on Find Now. When you find it, then right-click it and select Open, as default double-click opens a new doc based on that template.
Relevancy 50.31%

A long while ago I protected a presentation or thought I did so that others could not tamper with my text and graphics Unbeknownst to me I had also included an embedded font Now every time I load this old but PowerPoint 2000 Due Font to Embedded Edit Cannot valuable presentation I get the great exclamation point triangle and message of inconvenience Sorta like saying quot You dufus quot quot This presentation cannot be edited because it contains a read-only embedded font quot Of course I cannot quot Save As quot because it and quot Save quot and quot Save Cannot Edit PowerPoint 2000 Due to Embedded Font as Web Page quot are grayed out quot File encryption settings quot for this presentation are all grayed out so I cannot do anything about Security options except change settings in the Privacy options Macro Security is at Medium What is there to do when I do not have an older copy of PowerPoint It seems that simple password protection like I Cannot Edit PowerPoint 2000 Due to Embedded Font have used in other Office applications would have been all I needed to do I should be able to type in a password and do whatever editing I need to do without this going on Help nbsp

A:Cannot Edit PowerPoint 2000 Due to Embedded Font

I hope this information will help.

1. PowerPoint 2000 did not come with password protection capability. If you used it, then you did it with a 3rd party tool such as that available at

2. What is the font? You must have a license to use the font if it's embedded. Likely, the font is not installed on your PC, may not edit it.

I have 97 through 2003 and a gazillion fonts. If you'd like to send the presentation, I could attempt to get it editable for you. [email protected]
Relevancy 50.31%

playing around i lost font size window on taskbar.Please help THank you.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey there I feel sort of dumb for wasting this forum s time with questions like the one I m about to ask so please let me apologize in advance Listing in 97? Re: Font Word Sorry That said here s my question I use Word for the Mac at my place of business One nice function of that program is that one of the menus is quot Font quot and you can pull it down and a list of fonts available how they look etc At home I use Word for the PC and the program doesn t have that function You don t get to see what the font looks like until you actually start typing in the document Re: Font Listing in Word 97? after changing the font Is there any way to Re: Font Listing in Word 97? get this function for Word An Re: Font Listing in Word 97? upgrade download etc I m assuming not I m guessing it would require just getting a more updated version of the program But on the off chance it s simpler than I assume I thought I d check in ask Okay then that s all I got Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer with this As I said it s hardly a matter of life or death just something I ve been wondering about Cheers Snaithbert nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

MS Word 2000: How can I determine all of the fonts, sizes and characteristics used in a document? Properties does not return this information. Using Win98.

A:Word Font Statistics

You can TRY File-Open, and choose "recover text from any file" (make sure you change it back before opening another doc and DON'T save your doc). You'll see SOME of it, but I don't know how much of it.
Relevancy 50.31%

The drop-down list for fonts in Word does not include "courier", but when I go through My Computer>Control Panel>Fonts it (courier) appears in the list of fonts. How can I import this to Word?

Relevancy 50.31%

I just bought a new HP 1102w printer and set it up without issue. Tried to print my resume from both my new Laptop which runs Windows 7 and my XP desktop. The document was not changed before I put it on a USB and loaded on the W7 laptop.

When I open the 2003 Word Doc in Windows 7, the fonts and page breaks are different than when I open the very same document on my XP desktop. I want to ensure that if I create a document, especially a resume, that it remains in tact on both machines/printers.

I believe Windows 7 has the same fonts as my XP does.

Please help me to resolve this.

A:Word Doc Font Changes Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by mk1

When I open the 2003 Word Doc in Windows 7, the fonts and page breaks are different than when I open the very same document on my XP desktop.

- Do both PCs have MS Word 2003?
- What font are you using?
Relevancy 50.31%

Is it possible to change the default font in MS Word?

I am running Office 2003 with XP Pro. I am not one of those who detest Times New Roman; it is useful especially when you need to conserve space. But for most purposes I change to another font, and I am wondering whether I can choose my own default font and use TNR only when I need to.

Stephen R.

A:MS Word Default font?

I don't know if it's the same in 2003, but in Word 2000:

Open Word, select Format ->Font from the menu bar.

Select the font you wish & click the Default button.
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay--don't laugh. I still do my basic report writing using MSWord for Dos (still faster for me). The font I have been using is Times Roman 12 point. When finished, I open the document in Word for Windows. I had been using Office 97 and the conversion was pretty good. Now, when using Office 2000, I always get a Time Roman 10 point instead of 12 point. I have even experimented with different 12 point fonts (CG Times, Courier, etc.) but when Office 2000 converts, the result is always 10 point. What is going on?
Relevancy 50.31%

XP: Now, when I paste the Clipboard into a new Word document, to save it, the font is very small. Using 'Format' I have set the Word default for a much larger font, and if I just type a document, it works OK.
This has just started and I wonder what setting is causing this problem. Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Word 97 will not let me access all the fonts on the computer. You can see the fonts in the font files but when you try to change the font in Word 97 it will not give you any choices.

A:Font Problems on Word 97

Follow this link to the Microsoft Word Help site. I had the same problem.,7212,6003255,00.html
Relevancy 50.31%

One of my clients is writing a book using WORD on a WinXP Home Edition system Each chapter of his book is a separate Word document He does printing changes when Word font not apply any text formatting not even underlining bold or italics The font is set to Times New Roman and the pitch is pt Pretty basic however one of the documents seems to printing a different font size than the others It looks to be Times New Roman but is smaller I ve checked every option I can find on the documents and the printer Word font changes when printing but everything seems to be identical The only differences I can see is that one of the documents prints a markup line on the far left of the page I m assuming to show changed text while the other does not The other difference is that the page margins are different on the problem document line length is shorter I don t see how either of those options could be at issue however I do know that I don t know everything so I include this information as well Any ideas why the difference in printed font sizes Is there some way to duplicate the properties of a document similar to the format painter feature available within a document Thanks weeG nbsp

A:Word font changes when printing

It sounds like the "odd" document has "track changes" set "on"

This gives the editing bars, shorter line lengths and can affect the printed output as its expecting to include all the changes in the document out to the right, while maintaining pagination.

Something has to give, and its likely the font size.

Turn track changes off on the document and ensure that the prining options are not set to show them.
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey Everyone!

I was in MS Word 2007 the other day when I found a perfect font for a title. Knowing that I'd want to use it in other formats, I opened up Photoshop & InDesign to create a larger version of it. However, Photoshop refuses to use the font (you select the font and it just disappears). I did a little research on the internet and found out that the font I'm trying to use, Gautami, is supposed to look like this:

Gautami - Version 1.21

However, I opened up the otf file and got this preview (which is what I'm looking for!)

Here it is in MS Word:

And now in Photoshop:

Can anybody tell me why this is happening? Did my fonts get switched up somehow? I'm dying to use the font as seen in the Word document :/

Thanks a lot for your time!

A:Font only works in Word

LMAO - apparently, word automatically put it in Arial because it can't interpret that font. Thanks and sorry for bothering!
Relevancy 50.31%

Just installed 4 types of the 'Shimano' font and only one shows in the drop down of Word/Excel etc? Can someone advise/help? I have uploaded the 4 fonts

A:Not seeing the FONT installed in Word etc

I tried it, it did it with me too...
Relevancy 50.31%

Had a file, that I changed the font to Wingdings, and then restricted the editing. (my version of security by obscurity).
Anyway, when I wanted to view the file again, I stopped the restrictions, and highlighted the whole doc, and tried to set the font to New Times Roman. The only words that showed, were the hyperlink URL's. The rest of the words appeared as square boxes, regardless of the font type selected. I do have a printout, and could recreate the doc, but would like to know why it won't show the letters/words.

Win 7 Ultimate OS,
Office 2010 suite

As always, thanx in advance

A:Word Font Problem

Square boxes instead of letters regardless of which font is selected is usually caused by missing or corrupted font files.

Try the system file checker:

Start >> Run >> type sfc /scannow
Press <Enter>
Relevancy 49.88%

Somehow, I have managed to change my system font from a proportional font (Tahoma, I believe) to a fixed-width font (Courier New, I believe). By system font, I mean the font you see for system messages; in the windows that comes up when you hit ctrl-alt-del; or when you log in (the font in which both username and text on the logon window is displayed). I'm sure I did this messing with something in the registry (which I usually can do without incident, but not this time). Does anyone know where the font settings are that control the text of which I speak? This font setting is NOT affected by anything you do in "Display Properties". Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I am installing the office products from my old pc onto my new one. Word, Excel, and Outlook installed just fine from disk 1 with no problems, however, when I try to install Publisher from disk 2, I get an error message after a long wait that says the font "baskvll.ttf" cannot be found and therefore cannot proceed with installation. Is there anywhere I can just download that one font? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

A:Error installing Publisher 2000: Missing font?!

It would be very helpful to give us the exact error message, and tell us the operating system of your new PC.
Relevancy 49.88%

I use outlook express and when I cut from a previously sent email & paste into new email, somehow the font size is changed to a larger size. Even though the original message has the same 10 pt font size, when I paste it into new message also with 10 pt. size it come out 12 pt. It never did this before...I must have accidentally changed some font setting & not been aware. Anyone help?
Relevancy 49.88%

I work in an office with several workstations. When I open a file from one of the work stations, the font is changed and the apostrophe is converted to an equal sign. The files work with no problem on all other computer workstations. All systems are running Windows XP Professional. Any suggestions?

A:Font and characters change in Windows XP Prof. 2000

Welcome to TSG....

If this is an office environment and company computers the question I have are you an IT person with the company? I ask this for two reasons If you are an IT person this means you have the permissions to work on these machines.

If you are not in the IT department it means you do not have the permissions to work on these machines or the network and for the safety of the network and your job I would suggest take this requset to an IT person that is authorized by the compny to do this work.
Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently started to use Word 2007. Specifically I am editing 2 documents side by side. I edit from the right and drag the edit words into the document on my left. Always, the text that has been "dropped" comes up as 10.5 or 12.5 in font size, having left the source page as a whole font size! There is no indication of such a font size and I need to alter it every time.

I have looked at the Word Options - Advanced Options but can see nothing about my problem. I have checked the template and it is fine.... no half size on the Normal.doc.

Any thought would be appreciated. TIA

Relevancy 49.88%

I want to use the MS word Font: Krishna.
From where can i get the font

A:Solved: MS Word Font: Krishna

Are you sure it is a font that came with MS-Word?

Microsoft has a web page that lets you pick a font name from a list and it shows you what applications come with that font. A font called Krishna is not on the list.
Relevancy 49.88%

When I start MS word 2003 Bold and Underline are showing as already set and I have to click onto B and U to get normal typing. This also happens when I click on enveopes the font is bold and underlined and I don't know where to go to get normal typing. This only started happening two days ago for no apparent reason.
I would be pleased if someone can help.

A:MS word 2003 Font settings?

Delete '' in templates and restart Word - it will be recreated. Sometimes it's as simple as that, rather than looking at 'Detect and Repair' or reinstalling. Presumably you have run scans for malware, viruses, etc. just in case.
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a little document that I keep in my pocket, the font on word only goes to 8, is there any way to make it smaller?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys

I run WORD 2003. Lately the default font has been reverting to Time New Roman - 12 PT without any interference from me. I tried several time to change the default back to my preference (Garamond 14), but the next day it reverts back to Times New Roman. Any ideas?

A:Solved: Word font default

Well, did you click the [Default] button when you tried to change the default font. I.e., open a blank Word doc, click Format, Font, choose the font you want, then click the [Default] button at the bottom left of the window? I have MSO 2000, not 2003, but work with 2003 at a client's, and it works essentially the same.
Relevancy 49.88%

When I select the font I want using view>format>font, the next time I use Word it always comes back to New Times Roman. What can I do to make it stay at what I selected until I want to change it again? Thank you.

Relevancy 49.88%

When I save a document in the rtf format the rtf font table contains hundreds of fonts rather than only the ones used in this document.
Does anyone know why this is and how to stop it.
Note I know of some people on SP3 of Word 2003 who do not have this problem and some that do.
Is there a setting somewhere?

A:Word 2003 rtf font table

I am referring to the parameters
and \f0 - \f285
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to fill in a 22 page questionnaire in MS-WORD. The questions are written in Ariel,,,,, but I want my answers to be in another font.

There are loads of questions, so I don't want to go back to each question to alter my one or two word reply.

Is there a way that all my answers will be in my chosen font ,,,, but leave the questions in Ariel ?

thanks for reading

A:Default a Font in MS-Word 2007

I managed to alter the actual Default within MS-Word, to my chosen one.
And I thought that I'd hit pay-dirt, when I learned how to change the 'system' font.
This has changed 90% of the whole computer system: Desktop / O.Express etc etc.

,,,, but it still hasn't changed the font as I write after previous fonts !

Any ideas please ?

Relevancy 49.88%

Some how my daughter accidently changed the default setting so that when you open up the Word Program, the defaults are set at an 88 font size, a font style no one uses, text already in the normal blank page and everything is light grey in color.

How do I go into the word program and change it so that when you open up "Word" the default is set at something that most of us can use for a normal document without allows having to go in and change everything?

A:Word Document - default font

Find and delete all occurrences of "" on the PC, when Word is not open.

When Word finds none when starting a new blank one with the standard defaults is created.

It's a hidden or system file so depending on your Windows version you may need to enable the viewing of this file type to find it to delete it.

It must exist, so if your search is not successful, its the file type that is the problem, preventing you viewing it.
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I am using Windows XP Pro Version MS Word Sp- Rapid-PI Word Plugin http www rapid-pi com Rapid-Pi is basically a device to allow in Win XP MS Rapid-PI Problem Font and Word you to type mathematical eqautions into MS Word I have two machines Rapid-PI Font Problem in MS Word and Win XP lets Rapid-PI Font Problem in MS Word and Win XP call them A and B Both are work machines so I cant upgrade to Xp SP- Both machines run the same versions of windows and MS Word The core load put onto both machines by my IT department are different lets say machine A has core load and machine b has core load I dont know what the differences between the two core loads of windows that Rapid-PI Font Problem in MS Word and Win XP they install is and I cant find out from IT Machine A with core load has Rapid-Pi installed and it works correctly when I type in an equation it is displayed correctly Machine B with core load doesnt work correctly Rapid pi installs with no errors and loads correctly when I start MS word When I type the equation it comes out as nonsense ie a division sign appears as an f and the integral sign appears as a Z This makes me think there is a problem with the fonts I checked machine A and found that the fonts for rapid-pi are in C Windows Fonts The font file are pfb and pfm When I double click on a font it opens up in MS Fontviewer and looks correct On machine B I found two folders C Windows and C Winnt both of these have a fonts folder The rapid-pi fonts have been installed in C Winnt Fonts and not in C Windows Fonts When I try and double click them in C Winnt Fonts a dialog box appears saying quot The requested file C Winnt Fonts RapidPi-B pfm C Winnt Fonts RapidPi-B PFB was not a valid font file quot I have tried dragging the fonts from C Winnt Fonts to C Windows Fonts but the pc wont let me it says quot Unable to Install the font File quot C Winnt Fonts RapidPi-B PFM quot was not found or could not be opened quot Have you any idea what could be stopping windows recognising these fonts Remember I am on a works machine so I cant update windows or install much I just dont understand how it works on one machine but not the other I have tried reinstalling Rapid-Pi but i still get the same errors Thanks for any help in advance nbsp
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Windows XP Microsoft Word and want to print a few words in the Armenian language I thought I would have to download and install font Microsoft Armenian in Word a font but at armeniapedia org http www armeniapedia org index php title Armenian Fonts I read that Windows comes with quot Unicode quot fonts installed from factory all you need to do is enable the Armenian keyboard and start Armenian font in Microsoft Word typing So Armenian font in Microsoft Word through Word help I searched for quot enable Armenian keyboard quot Armenian font in Microsoft Word and found quot About creating a Georgian or Armenian document quot I followed the -step process Step Enable the language for editing in Microsoft Office did that OK I think Step Install the keyboard layout for Georgian or Armenian Problem is that Armenian is not listed in the languages to choose from Am I going about this the wrong way Since I only need to print a few words this one time I d rather not have to download anything new to my computer if possible How can I enable an Armenian font with what I have Thank you to anyone who can help nbsp
Relevancy 49.88%

I work for a graphic design studio and I have a technical question about Microsoft Word templates We designed a word template for one of our clients and they are Template Font Word Issue having issues with the newly installed font UniversLTStd We created the templates on a mac computer and the client is using a PC While this font is not a Word Template Font Issue standard-issue for Windows the client purchased a windows compatible version of the font for their system When the text is set in Univers in the word template each time the text is edited saved or if the client switches to another window and returns to the word document - the text weight and or letterspacing is affected This problem is occurring on all of the computers in their office While these problems are quite dramatic on the screen all the documents print correctly When the same text is changed to another font there are no problems We tested several fonts including Futura and Helvetica which are not standard Windows fonts We are thinking that this must be a compatibility issue with the Univers font that the client installed on their system The client is using Windows XP Professional with MS Office After much troubleshooting we found that the font issue seems to be connected to the file extension When the Word file ends with the extension doc the font works correctly and there are no issues However the client insists that the files must be dot files because these files prompt them to re-save and rename the file Please advise nbsp

A:Word Template Font Issue

The "DOT" is a template, as the DOC is a document.

How are you designing this "Template" on the Mac and expect it to work on a PC?

What version of Word are you using on this Mac?
Relevancy 49.88%

I've always had my font size set at 12 until one day, for reasons known not to me, it changed to 10. The Help function is no help at all, so would someone please tell me the (presumably VERY simple) solution to set the default size back to 12?

A:Default font in Word documents

it actually changed in 2k2....try clicking format, font, and set it to your desired settings, and then if you have a newer version, you should see a 'default' button on the lower left, which resets it to default.

Let me know if that did it.

Relevancy 49.88%

Each time I open Word, the font size is set at 22pt.

How can I set the font to a different default size?

A:Setting Font Size in Word

go to the format menu
> font
select the fonts you want
then click on the default button bottom left of dialoge box
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello! A long time problem I have had in Word 2003 is sometimes when I use the backspace key, the text immediately in front of the cursor changes to a different font. Usually three or four words change, and it always changes to the font "page number + italic". This has happened in hundreds of documents - some I have created, some have been sent to me by others. It does not always happen, and it can happen intermittently within the same document.

I have tried and tried to fugure out what on earth is causing this. Any help would be VERY much appreciated! Thanks.

A:Backspace causes font change in Word - sometimes!

hi Smedley,

Looks like that when you are backspacing you are removing the paragraph format marks.

The text format is specified in these hidden marks at the end of each text format block.

Click on the symbol in the tool bar to show these and you will be able to see if that is the case.

Click again to return to them not being displayed.

Relevancy 49.88%

why some of my fonts not appearing in word 2007 & because of this not on Mozilla Thunder bird as well. I'm using windows xp sp2.
Relevancy 49.88%

i have come across an issue in word 2003.

o/s = windows xp on a citrix environment.

when opening an existing document from the netwrk all the text is squeezed together. theis is only when the font is times new roman, if you change it to arial its fine. it doesnt matter what size the font is.

any ideas what could be causing this.
Relevancy 49.88%

Can someone tell me how I can permanently change the default font in Word Pad?

A:Change font permanently in Word Pad?

Hmm, you can use a trick as i think you can't change the default font in Wpad.

Create a rtf document with a "space", select the space, choose your font and size, save as your-template.rtf.
In properties, tick read only to avoid modifying it, be sur that rtf files open with Wpad.
Change your shortcuts to open Wpad so that they open your-template.rtf and that's it.
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using Word 2003. In format font option, apart from English I am getting a Tamil word (Equalent to sample) in the popup window. Intentionally I didn't set it. I want to know how can I set a different language instead of Tamil. Pl. have a look at the following image.

A:How to set language in Word Font Format

Most curious. When I open a Word 2003 document and click on Format/font, I don't have the dropdown for Asian Text that you do! You must have activated that somewhere in Word.

Here is something that might help you. It was listed under "Change the default language setting."

1. In MS Windows XP, on the Windows START menu, point to ALL PROGRAMS, point to MS OFFICE, point to MS OFFICE TOOLS, and then click MS OFFICE 2003 LANGUAGE SETTINGS.
2. Click the ENABLED LANGUAGES tab.
3. In the CHOOSE THE LANGUAGE THAT DEFINES DEFAULT BEHAVIOR IN MS OFFICE APPLICATIONS box, select the language you want, and then click OK.
4. A message appears describing the effects of the change. To continue, click CONTINUE AND LOSE CUSTOMIZATIONS.

Hope this helps!
Relevancy 49.88%

Was it possible to print a document that has a unique font and you are going to save it in a pen drive and print it to another computer??

I mean, is there any trick so the font will be preserve?or what?

A:Microsoft word Font issue

I think it all depends on whether that font is available on the pen drive. What happens when you try it?
Relevancy 49.88%

A:FONT dialog not opening in WORD'97

Thank you.

Check out Article III in the TSG Newsletter
Relevancy 49.88%

I am editing a document with a lot of photos, and text boxes for captions and notes. When I change the font in one text box, it changes the fonts in the whole document. I am wasting a lot of time trying to fix it without success. Can you help please??
Relevancy 49.88%

my font settings for ms words revert back to default on click. please advise

A:(solved) Word: Default font

Open Word with a blank document. Hit ctrl-a. Hit Format-Font, choose the font, size, and style you always want to use and then hit the DEFAULT button at the bottom left. Hit OK. Close Word and reopen. How's that font now?
Relevancy 49.88%

Whilst using Word the font size keeps changing. I have to keep using the zoom slider to return to 100% which is so annoying. Can anyone help please?
Relevancy 49.88%

microsoft word 2010 font color stopped working today. all text is displayed in black regardless of the font color selected. i have been advised to uninstall and then reinstall. however, i am concerned that if i uninstall and then reinstall i will be prevented from doing so because the software will say you had already installed this program. i have a new product key that i microsoft extorted $40.00 from me in order to get it. microsoft said that my original product key was out of warranty and thus i had to buy another one. the point is, i am concerned about uninstalling and then reinstallling because i don't know if i will be allowed to do so in spite of having a new product key only two months old.

A:word 2010 font color

Where did you get this copy of Word that you installed?
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there, 
I have recently updated my Mac to the newer Microsoft 2016 and every time I hit the tab button to indent the format of the font, font size, and color change instead of indenting my paper. 
Please help this is a very annoying issue.

Relevancy 49.45%

I an new to all of this and have been slowly figuring out the things I and Word Access 2000 2000 need but I am stumped on Access 2000 and Word 2000 a few issues I am revamping a Access datafile that I got from a friend I have made all the changes I need in my form but have the following problems I have an autonumber field on the form I want to reset the number to an number other than or I also want it to increase it by rather than a random number for each new record None of the books I have seen discuss how to rest the number to a number that I want to start at Also I put a text box in between the autofield label and autofield box I put a quot K- quot in this box I wanted it to be like a prefix for the autonumber when the form is printed The quot K- quot is there in design mode but when I switch to form mode some other characters are in the box I do not know where they came from When I switch back to design mode by quot K- quot is back in place How go I fix this My Access datafile is set up to print the form Then I want to go to Word and use the information in the fields to merge into various documents If I open a document and do one merge then Word sort of freezes When I go to open another Word document the open file screen is set for data files rather than Word quot docs quot and it will not let me open a regular Word doc I have to back out of Word restart it and then I am okay I heard there was some similar problem in Acess Is this the same problem How can I fix this Thank you to anyone who offers me a suggestion nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Two issues in one.
Excel , when launched it spikes up to 85-90% cpu making the application unusuable. Now i have ran virus scans, spyware scans, and also reinstalled office 2000. word 2000 once you open the program it constantly refreshes itself....
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an issue with word 2000 in the office 2000 suite. Sometimes when I'm typing a letter I will get a bunch of gurbage like this {}[][][][][][][][]()()()()()(), instead of my words that I typed. and it will only happen on a small portion of the file. NOw im completely up to date with service packs with office 2k, and my os is patched as well. and I do have virus protection and did a online scan with trendmicro housecall and everything came up clean. what else could cause this type of problem?

A:Office 2000:Word 2000

The first thing I would suggest is to get a clean default template. It cures most Word problems and is the easiest to do.

Enable the viewing of hidden and system files.
Do not have Word running.
Search for and delete all occurrences of the "" file.
There must be at least one, if you find none, you have not enabled the viewing of hidden and system files.

When you next run Word, a new "" file will be created.
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm trying to decide on the best way to fix a font problem on a friends computer. Yesterday his bullets started appearing as clock faces for no apparent reason - I did a little research and it seems that the Symbol Font may be corrupt and have to be reinstalled. What I'm wondering is - what is the easiest way to reinstall the Symbol Font if I don't have the CD for the OS? Can I copy the Symbol Font into a shared folder which he has access to and drag and drop it into his Fonts folder, thus overwriting and replacing his old Symbol Font? Are there any limitations to this? Is the an easier or better way to do it?

Thanks very much!

A:Bullets appear as clock faces in Outlook 2000 - Font Problem

Just a little update...his Outlook version is 97 not 2000.

I tried copying my symbol font onto his installed fine, but didn't fix the problem. The weird thing is that he can get bullets in Word just fine.

I sent a bulleted message to myself from his computer and the clock faces did not appear on my screen...they were bullets.

So it is his bullet font and it's limited to Outlook 97. Just not sure how to fix it.

PS - he was busy when I tried the font install, so I'm hoping that once he shuts down Outlook completely and restarts it that maybe the effects will take effect...fingers crossed!!!
Relevancy 49.02%

I ve written a vbscript which takes some information from active directory and generates an email signature in outlook It works by making the signauture in word and then creating it in outlook I am creating an email signature by extracting details from active directory The problem I am having is when I create the sig in word and specify the font as arial it goes to calibra body in outlook I have arial as my default font in word if I change it to not be the default then it works in outlook so I think outlook is just seeing arial as default and then using its own default which is calibra So can I change the default font in outlook to arial or is there another fix The code I am using Set objSysInfo CreateObject quot ADSystemInfo quot Solved: problem outlook to Word font strUser objSysInfo UserName Set objUser GetObject quot LDAP quot amp strUser Grab some of the users details from AD strFirstName objUser FirstName strSurName objUser LastName strTitle objUser Title strCompany objUser Company strPhone objUser telephoneNumber strDirect objUser homeNumber strEmail objUser mail Create MS Solved: Word to outlook font problem Word Document Set objWord CreateObject quot Word Application quot Set objDoc objWord Documents Add Start Text area selection amp choose email signature options Set objSelection objWord Selection Set objEmailOptions objWord EmailOptions Set objSignatureObject objEmailOptions EmailSignature Set objSignatureEntries objSignatureObject EmailSignatureEntries Setup Font and type style amp Include variables from AD objSelection Font Name quot Arial quot objSelection Font Size objSelection Font Solved: Word to outlook font problem Bold objSelection TypeText strFirstName amp quot quot amp strSurName amp vbCrLf objSelection TypeText strTitle objSelection TypeParagraph objSelection Font Bold objSelection TypeText quot Tel quot amp strPhone objSelection TypeParagraph objSelection TypeText quot Direct Dial quot amp strFax objSelection TypeParagraph objSelection TypeParagraph objSelection TypeText quot Email quot amp strEmail Set objSelection objDoc Range Update Outlook with the new signature and set as default objSignatureEntries Add quot AD Signature quot objSelection objSignatureObject NewMessageSignature quot AD Signature quot objSignatureObject ReplyMessageSignature quot AD Signature quot objDoc Saved True objWord quit I also have a problem that word is using normal spacing and I need to have no spacing in the signature Edit Solved the spacing by adding objSelection Style quot No Spacing quot I also moved the font declaration to after Set objSelection objDoc Range which add some hyperlinks I added the correct font and size aswell as all the rest nbsp
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to create an org chart with 7 subordinates. As soon as I enter more than 10 or 11 characters in a box, the font size changes to like, 4.5 - and I can't figure out how to stop this from happening. I have tried searching for hours and looked at the autoformat options, but I can't figure what to do.
I'm using office xp.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

A:Font Size Becomes Tiny - MS Word Org Chart

Here you can see the problem.
Rather than breaking down onto a new line, it tries to keep the full text string on a single line, and it doesn't want to make the box bigger, so the font size goes down to near zero!!
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm sorry to impose on those of you who would regard this question as simple-minded, but I do not seem to be able to change the default footnote font in Word 2007. I am completely new to this program, having used WordPerfect for years, and I am stymied at every turn, having spent hours looking through every handbook. I realize that the font can be changed for each footnote, but I should like to change the default font for all notes in a document and for future documents.

Many thanks.

A:Default Footnote Font in Word 2007

I removed your email address from your post. (Putting your email out on a very busy website is a very bad idea.)
Relevancy 49.02%

I have done this before, successfully. Now when I go through the steps, and say YES to saving a default font, it does not save it. I am not messing with styles or anything else--just trying to change the default font for the Normal style. All the steps I try seem to work, but when I go back into Word, the change has not held.

Relevancy 49.02%

How do I change the default font and size that Word 2007 will use when opening a new document? I looked under some of the preferences in word options but was unable to locate this...

A:Solved: Word 2007 Default Font

This should be helpful:
Relevancy 49.02%

My younger brother was using the computer and while in Word he accidently chose some option that made the font go red. There was a narrow straight line to the left of the line where the font went a different colour. What was this and how would I get rid of it in the future ?

A:Word font changing colour with bar on side

He has put "track changes" on.

This highlights added text by the colour, and indicates changed content areas with the left margin bar.

Unselect Track Changes. Tools - Track Changes
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad?
I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on.

I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a lot, often dozens of times in a day, and I need to use a font I can see.

I'm just sick of having to do this adjustment every bloody time!!

I would be very grateful for any ideas.

A:Change default font in Word/Notepad

Does this help for Wordpad? How to Set the Default Font in Wordpad | eHow

Notepad should always open using the font you used last saved something. So if you open Notepad, type one letter, change the font to Verdana and save it somewhere as Temp.txt next time you open Notepad it will use Verdana. You can delete this Temp.txt file - it was only to populate the registry with the last used font. Notepad will keep on using Verdana until you change the font in some other document and save that.
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to use a REF field in Word The REF is Malename and is 2007 will Word format Ref font not Field set to title case Word 2007 Ref Field will not format font and the font is Word 2007 Ref Field will not format font set to Arial Regular however the first word comes out in regular font and the other words come out Word 2007 Ref Field will not format font in bold I cannot make them all go into regular font I have others set for bold and caps and that works fine on both words however the regular font wont work I have tried highlighting all the code and the space after there is no space before as it is the first word after an autonumbered paragraph I have even tried highlighting the whole document and ensuring it is not in bold however as soon as I fill in the field box the text comes back in bold only the subsequent words though the first word is not bold as it should be Help I am tearing my hair out Oh I have tried the charformat code too and that didnt work either nbsp
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there anyway to change the default 'Calibri' font that is set on opening Notepad or Wordpad?
I would love to open Notepad to find the font set at something I like. 'Verdana' for example, so I can just get straight on.

I know I sound lazy, but I use Note or Wordpad a lot, often dozens of times in a day, and I need to use a font I can see.

I'm just sick of having to do this adjustment every bloody time!!

I would be very grateful for any ideas.

A:Change default font in Word/Notepad

Does this help for Wordpad? How to Set the Default Font in Wordpad | eHow

Notepad should always open using the font you used last saved something. So if you open Notepad, type one letter, change the font to Verdana and save it somewhere as Temp.txt next time you open Notepad it will use Verdana. You can delete this Temp.txt file - it was only to populate the registry with the last used font. Notepad will keep on using Verdana until you change the font in some other document and save that.
Relevancy 49.02%

In MS Word 2010, the default font for a new blank document is set for Calibri size 10. I went though the procedure to change the default size to 12. I've attached screen shots of the two dialog windows that open as part of this process. Opening a new document still has the font set at 10. This happens even if I do not close the program and open another new document.

A:Solved: Word 2010 Default Font

I see no attachments, but the simplist way is to click the small arrow, that is in the lower right corner of the Font area.
It will open the Font settings pane. Make the changes that you what and then click on the "Set as Deault" button in the lower left corner of the pane.
Relevancy 49.02%

My default font for Word is now Times Roman 12. So when I copy something from the Web or elsewhere, it is copied to Word as Times Roman, I want it to copy directly as Arial 12 , so that I don't have to change it. I use Arial all the time.

How can I do this without clicking on a couple of other steps starting with File?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok, I've been using word for a long time now and recently downloaded and installed a new font, unfortunately when i tried using this font to type in microsoft word the program automatically changed the font back to times new roman after about 5 lines. I changed the font back to the one i had chosen to use and it took about a line and a half for word to revert back to times new roman without my consent or permission.

Is there a reason this happening and if so what can i do to fix it?

A:Word Is Auto Changing Font While I Type..

Not sure if it matters, but I'm using Word 2007.
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem. I bought a new laptop and the font is quite different to the font I use on my windows 8. Please can someone help me to fix this problem?

Here's the right font.
My font now in Windows 10 - Word 2013.
The wrong font and how it looks. It looks weird and "skinny". I have no idea. I read some tutorial about DPI and if I disabled it from the compatibility. I did that and this didn't change. For now I'm using my old laptop because this is such a frustrating problem. Please help me to fix it.

Thanks a lot.