Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2000 - addressing email

Q: Outlook 2000 - addressing email

I use Outlook 2000 for email. I click the button to send a new message, then click the "To" button to address it, and a box called "Select Names" pops up. There is a drop down menu listing all of my contact lists from which I can choose a person to send a message to. What I want to do is change the order of the contact lists in this drop down menu, so I can put the list I use most in the first position instead of having to always choose it from the drop down menu. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2000 - addressing email

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,

I'm back here after really long. Looking to build a new machine with a budget of approximately $2000. Here's what I've figured:

1. AMD FX 8350 Black Edition - $179.99
2. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX - $219.99
3. MSI R9 290X Lightning - $399.99
4. EVGA Supernova 850G2 - $144.99
5. Crucial MX100 512GB - $209.99
6. G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - $139.99
7. Fractal Design Define R5 (Window) - $119.99
8. Zowie FK1 - $59.99
9. Overlord Tempest X270OC - $449.99

TOTAL - $1924.91

This currently excludes the keyboard, which I need suggestions for. Any thoughts on how these look? I'm open to ideas.

A:Gaming Rig For $2000

My suggestions: Save some money by making a few changes. You will still get excellent performance and still be able to overclock (if that is what you want to do), while saving money for some other parts.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 - $174.99
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB - $119.99
Storage (Hard Drives): Crucial MX100 256GB (SSD) - $109.99 (for Operating System and a few programs/games you run often) *And Also* Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - $54.99 (for Storage and programs that do not require the SSD speed)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold (Full Modular) - $124.99 (You will still have plenty of power left for overclocking)
Aftermarket Cooler for CPU: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $34.99 (The stock cpu fan is not that good, get an aftermarket one for better cooling)

This will put you around $1830 which will leave you plenty to for a keyboard of your choice.
Have you thought of going Intel? Going to Intel would help with "Future Proofing" your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig-for-2000.211107/
Relevancy 23.22%

First time posting here obviously So I m looking for order too busy lazy to put one together myself a new PC to update my current junk pile Was thinking about $2000 budget $1500 PC, New to using CyberPowerPC but am unsure about them for various reasons bad reviews previous issue with online bought pcs myself Figured I would ask on a forum or two about them and a build I slapped together Any insight criticism welcome CASE NZXT Source w USB -port New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget fan hub Side-Panel Window CD LG X Internal Blu-ray Drive amp DVDRW D Playback Combo Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel Core i - K Quad-Core GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CS FAN Maximum MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case FAN Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance MM Fan HDD TB TBx SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Quad Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X -UP ATX w Ultra Durable GblAN GEn PCIe x PCIe x PCI POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS M Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR Year Labor Year Parts LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB GDDR X PCIe Video Card - EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling nbsp

A:New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget

How much does this cost, what is your budget and what do you plan on using the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-1500-to-2000-budget.200687/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone In need of help Started up my Dell laptop and I am 1737 2000-0321 display on laptop, Error Dell Blank greeted by a blank screen though the machine goes through the motions of starting up I do not see any faint ghosting When connected to an external monitor all works fine and I have tried changing the inverter but Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321 no luck Ran a diagnostic check and receive the following Error Code Msg Error Code - Msg LCD EDID - Unable to access EDID EEPROM I also tried holding the quot D quot key and powering up The LCD flashed a series of solid color screens Red Green Blue White Black I assume that this means that the backlight is good Does it also mean that the cable is good Not sure what else to check I am guessing that it is eiter the LCD screen controller board itself or the cable Any advice I am comfortable replacing parts Prior to this everything was working fine The display had even brightness and color Would anyone be able to restore my sanity and offer some words of wisdom guidance Would be much appreciated Many Thanks nbsp

A:Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321

Replace the LCD panel including the backlight. External monitor okay, motherboard is okay... Slight chance of a damaged LCD cable to motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-display-on-dell-1737-laptop-error-2000-0321.176322/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 22.36%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 23.22%

I upgraded the NT server domain controller to a Windows server and immediately noticed that the XP client machines took a VERY long time to logon to the server The server is running DHCP but I modify the DNS setting so that the XP clients have the IP address of the server DC as their DNS This corrected the problem with the logon speed but it created another little problem When the server DC which is designated as the DNS server goes offline all the XP clients are unable to access the Internet Once the DC is online again connectivity to the Internet is restored I do not know what options I have to designate the ISP DNS information so that the clients do not have to rely on the availability of the DC for Internet Any suggestions are greatly appreciated PS we are issue 2000 Server DNS small automobile dealership that does not have a large IT budget I try to do the best I can but it explains some of the 2000 Server DNS issue older technology i am using Greg nbsp

A:2000 Server DNS issue

First, your config to point the clients to the server DNS is the correct choice.

The symptoms resulting from an outage of that server are normal - -
and should lead you to the solution that the DNS & DHCP servers need to be
replicated (ie two of each).

However, you can configure the clients with two DNS addresses:

the first one (being the primary) should be your internal DNS address
and the secondary might be any public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 (which is google)
DNS processing is to issue a request to BOTH dns addresses and to accept
the results of the first one to reply.
That then creates the situation (a race condition) that if YOUR server gets bogged down, the secondary is more likely to reply first.

You should really attempt to avoid all outages of your DC and to schedule all maintenance to 'off-hour' periods to reduce the impact to the clients

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2000-server-dns-issue.166845/
Relevancy 22.36%

Budget Range while being workstation 1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin 1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V 32.99 x4 - 131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V 151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS 209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I installed XP2000.The head set Mic voice started breaking all of a sudden.But the same headset works well with other computers.I have reinstalled the audio drivers and the issue remains there.But i can hear the songs and all..I have installed realtek and i am using ACER 4930 LAPTOP.Someone can suggest the solution.

Thanks,

Selwyn.S.B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-mic-is-dead-with-xp-2000.161927/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have recently reloaded win 2000 pro on a computer, come to set it up on the network and am having some issues, I have to admit that networking is not by strong point.
The server runs Win 2000 server, I have manually set the correct ip address and the pc is finding all of the computers on the network but when I come to access files on any other computer I get a box popping up asking me to enter network password. It has two boxes, one is "Connect as" and one for password. The guys in the office dont think there is a password as they don't remember ever being asked for one.
I feel it is a simple issue but my lack of knowledge is hindering me so I am hoping you more knowledgable guys can point me in the right direction.

A:Win 2000 network issue

1- what type of network (Domain or workgroup )?
2- what kind of OS in the other computer you want to access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2000-network-issue.153889/
Relevancy 43.86%

i am working on a Dell Optiplex SX260.
I went to check the ipconfig and i got an AIPA addressing
so i tried to ipconfig /renew, ipconfig \flush dns and nothing in the cmd line seem to work
so i went into the Registry to check the IPAutoconfig value to see if it was 1 or 0 because if the value was 1 then AIPA was enable, but i didnt find anything about the IPAutoconfig value
so i updated the nic driver and restarted then try ipconfig /all in the cmd line but no ip appeared so i tried ipconfig /renew and got and error about the DHCP server not be recognized
so i tried to unplug the ethernet cable from the workstation and the switch it is plugged into and tried to replug it up and still no results
is there anyone who can give me some good directions to resolved this AIPA issue.

A:How to resolved AIPA addressing

DHCP (or lack thereof) is the right path to follow. The 169.x.x.x is a result of a dhcp request w/o a reply.

1) remove all static addresses from the NIC settings
2) ensure the firewall allows tcp/udp in/out ports 67-68 any src or dst ip addresses

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-resolved-aipa-addressing.148232/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

HELP!

I have an old Dell Inspiron 4000 which I 'inherited'. I want to load Windows 2000 onto it (from my old Win 2000 CD)
It is an Intel?Pentium III 750MHz with 32KB L1 cache and 256KB L2 cache with 100MHz external bus frequency and Intel SpeedStep.

Display = 14.1-inch XGA TFT color display

I have loaded it and it works fine....except it only takes up half the screen!!
It has a black border around Windows of about 2.5" all around. Ie, the display is like a box in the middle of the screen.
I obviously need some driver or other, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know which.
At present it is trying to operate off a standard VGA driver which was installed with Windows 2000.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

A:Win 2000 & laptop problem

1 Minimize all applications so that you can see the desktop.
2 Right-click anywhere on the desktop background (not on an icon).
3 In the resulting pop-up menu, choose Properties. This will open the Display Properties dialog box.
4 In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
5 In the Settings tab, in the lower right corner, is a "slider" which allows you to change the screen resolution.
6 Slide this control to the left to decrease the screen resolution and to the right to increase the resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2000-laptop-problem.142433/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, a friend of mine is looking to purchase a new laptop, he will use it just for work but travels a lot, so wants it to be portable, he'll need a fast processor something that can handle up to 50 files open at ones(I dont know how he does it) he's looking to spend up to around AUD$2000.

Thx for all the help,
Fastzr

A:Portable Work Laptop around AUD$2000

Get HP ENVY 5 Series

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/portable-work-laptop-around-aud-2000.140178/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone; I was told to move the DHCP server from one site to another. I'm currently running DHCP in win2003 server. I have exported the dhcp config using netsh command. I just found out that the "new server" for dhcp in the other site is a win 2000 family server. I'm not quiet sure how to import the config from win2003 to 2000 family; is this possible? or I would have to configure the scopes manually?

Can anyone please help.
thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-family-server.134361/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm new to Techspot. I wanted to get into a forum to try and solve an issue with my computer. The computer is a dell inspiron 1525, with vista, and receives the following message on startup, "internal hard disk drive not found."

A:Need help with error code 2000-0141

The usual cause is that the hard drive has gone bad... But you may just need to re-order your BIOS?
Have your tried borrowing another drive just to see if it is detected?
That computer can be about 2 1/2 years old... long enough for a drive to go bad...
But if you have valuable data on it, you don't want to mess with it too much... just because it doesn't boot, or is not detected, doesn't mean you cannot access it later to retrieve the data... because usually you can.
It can be a lot of other problems as well, so tell us more about your system and what you were in the middle of?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-error-code-2000-0141.130839/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 37.84%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-mail-to-outlook-express.118139/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m trying to put together a powerful computer that will last a very long time I d like an Intel quad-core processor at least GB of DDR RAM multiple USB slots FireWire wireless capabilities a fast DVD drive burner a good sound card and a fast HDD preferably GB or over I need a good graphics card or two graphics cards depending on the other hardware that can handle Counter-Strike Source Half-Life and other more demanding games Also a case to hold everything together enough power cooling etc I ll be using the computer for gaming video editing graphics design and generally very demanding operations all at Building PC with $2000 Budget the same time It would also be nice if the computer is easy to upgrade as new technologies come out I have about available to me not including the OS monitor keyboard and mouse which I ll take care of later Building PC with $2000 Budget I ve been doing some research but it s more complicated than I thought I d be grateful if anyone could recommend a build or any sort of advice nbsp

A:Building PC with $2000 Budget

with a core i7 setup you should be good for a while, Which will leave you happy with under a 2k budget.

You'll soon get post here about core 2 duos that can overclock to 4ghz. Those are all fine and dandy, they do their jobs well. On a 700-900 budget.

I'd recommend an core i7 setup, with a 3 or 6 gig ram kit. I think the asus and Gigabyte boards are great.

You may see a price drop after jan 8th when nvidia drops their new cards. I'd usually say a 4870 1gb version or a 4870x2 with your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-with-2000-budget.118147/
Relevancy 21.07%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-email.117979/
Relevancy 22.79%

Does 8.1 and up work on w2k?
Just wondering. I have SP4 install and that update roller thing.

A:Windows 2000/Radeon Drivers

I'm certain 8.1 works on 2k and I think even 9.0c does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-radeon-drivers.116714/
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-and-email-knowledge-lacking.112499/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello and good morning I have Windows and am getting a recurring issue that is keeping me from doing Windows X Error Active Computer 2000 My virtually anything on this computer When I start up the computer and then click on My Computer icon I get the following error message and cannot see any of the drives nor move any folders s Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page As a result this page may Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000 not display correctly ame thing happens in Windows Explorer and Internet explorer I ve tried some troubleshooting in the run REGEDIT area to no avail In addition I ve tried opening internet explorer internet options going to the securities tab and there s a big red minus sign and the settings are quot stuck quot on high when I try to change the security level for my computer to medium or medium low etc it quot takes quot but after i hit apply then okay and close out of the window same thing When I try to go back in to the options securities section it s stuck on high again Any ideas Much appreciated nbsp

A:Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000

win2000 has kill-bit controls and this KB loads several of them
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS08-023.mspx

if you can use the command prompt, then the installer would/should run.
Download the update to another system and then access it remotely on a share
or use a thumbdrive to move it to your win2000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x-error-my-computer-windows-2000.112396/
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-outlook-calendar.112199/
Relevancy 21.07%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-video-email-marketing.111123/
Relevancy 18.06%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 22.79%

My music played with constant tones with XP. Tone depended on sampling rate of the music. Is this a well-known problem?
Along with other problems I went back to 2000.
Please don't nag me about getting a new computer.

A:Sound problems upgrading 2000 to XP

What kind of sound card or sound device does your old system have? Did you install XP, SP2 and install all the updates for it? There is an XP SP3 now. These Service Packs help greatly with older computers hardware, like sound cards and their drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problems-upgrading-2000-to-xp.107288/
Relevancy 21.93%

Can anyone please help me? i got a new pc running windows 2000 professional. now my altek lansing speakers wont work on it and i love these speakers. pc asks me for cmuda.sys which is like greek to me. contacted microsoft and the speaker co. and they say i need a patch. is cmuda.sys a patch? if it is how do i get it? any help greatly appreciated. tyvm Bluemarinemamal

A:Altec lansing spker trouble/wind 2000 professional

looks like a driver issue,

cmuda.sys is the C-Media WDM Audio Interface, for the C-Media AC97 on-board sound cards.

have you lately checked or downloaded your latest sound driver? compatible
for your OS ?

and what is your motherboard model? do you use any other PCI sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-spker-trouble-wind-2000-professional.103476/
Relevancy 23.22%

I GOT A ACER TRAVELMATE TX WELL WHENE I GOT IT THE HDD WAS FRYED LIKE RATTELD I GOT A NOTHER HDD GIG HERE IS THE PROBLEM ACCORDING TO EVERYTHING IVE READ THE hdd laptop 2000 or on Installing xp os new HDD IS COMPATIBLE IN THE BIOS IT IS RECONISEDAND SHOWS IT AS BEING BOOTABLE THE CD-DVD ON THE OTHER IIS RECONISED BUT IS NOT SHOWN AS BEING BOOTABLE BUT I GOT A USB EXTERNIAL FLOPPY THAT IS RECONISED AND SHOWN AS BEING BOOTABLE AND IT DOES WELL I TRYED TO INSTALL WINDOWS WITH FLOPPY GOT BLUE SCREEN ON THE LAST DISK SO I TOOK THE HDD OUT Installing xp or 2000 os on laptop new hdd AND HOOK IT TO MY TOWER THROW A USB PORT IT IT WAS RECONISED SO I FORMATED PARTION AND SET ACTIVEI PUT IT BACK INTO THE LAPTOP AND TRYED TO BOOT AND GOT NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DEL TO RE START I DID SOME MORE READING AND CAME UP WITH A BOOT FLOPPY THAT WOULD GET ME BACK INTO WINDOWS IF THERE WERE A WINDOWS THERE IN STEAD I GET THIS MESSAGECOMPUTER COULD NOYT START BECAUS OF A COMPUTER DISK HARDWARE CONFIGURATION PROBLEM COULD NOT READ FROM THE SELECTED BOOT DISK CHECK BOOT PATH AND DISK HARDWARE PLEASE CHECK THE WINDOWS DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HARDWARE DISK CONFIGURATION AND HARDWARE REFERENCE MANUALS NOW THAT IS WHERE WERE AT NOT SAYING I DIDNT TRY OTHER THINGS I HAVE JUST FORGOT HOW TO GETAROUND SOMETHINGS PLUSS I DONT HAVE MY OLD UTIL PROGRAMS BACK FROM WIN UP TO WIN IS ABOUT WHENE I BURNED OUT WELL IAM BACK BUT I NEED HELP IVE BEEN MESSING AROUND WITH THIS FOR A MONTH NOW AND MY WIFE IS ABOUT TO KILL ME NOT TO SAY I GOT MORE COMPUTERS TO TRY AND FIX PLEAS HELP I KNOW IAM CLOSE sory about cap letters nbsp

A:Installing xp or 2000 os on laptop new hdd

I did put the boot in that order and the only thing i did when it was hook to the other computer was format and partition through disk management.

In the boot sequence of the BIOS there is some symbols in front of the hdd,floppy drive but not in front of the CD drive.

when the boot screen comes up it recognized the CD drive but does not assign a drive letter.Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-or-2000-os-on-laptop-new-hdd.103620/
Relevancy 21.07%

I know it probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway. I got an email to 'Test' and 'Keep' a Dell XPS laptop. So what kind of scam is it?

A:Email Scam?

DON'T OPEN! If its not malware,it's a sales scam. Just label it spam and drive on.....Don

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-scam.102864/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

A:Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Oh I thought you were wondering about changeing the maximum limit : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98129

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-passed-2gb-pst-file.102976/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061229.htm

And here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179042.aspx
And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937156

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-polish-language-for-spell-checking-in-outlook-2007-sp1.102973/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all, I recently bought another motherboard online and am still waiting for it to arrive. Ive seen that after installing a new motherboard, windows does not start and a reinstall needs to be done, so this is my question. How can i configure Windows 2000 to work properly with this new motherboard without having to reinstall. Can it be done?

Cheers, Nissanman.

A:Need to configure Windows 2000 for new mainboard

ok, i might just back up and reinstall then. and another question. Will a microATX motherboard fit into a normal size ATX case? I think it wud, but i still wanna be sure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-configure-windows-2000-for-new-mainboard.102637/
Relevancy 22.36%

OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction nv4_disp.cat... In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dell Dimension 8100
I'm installing drivers for other things now... I wonder why i didn't think of this but THANKS

ok I'm downloading chipset drivers right now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-windows-2000-xp-display-drivers.102328/
Relevancy 22.36%

Pretty soon I plan on building a computer for my brother with around $1500 - 2000 for his budget and I want to get some good parts for it. The price will have to be with a monitor so im figuring its going to be about $2000 with a monitor $1500 without. I wanna try SLI, probably go with Intel quad core(Q6600), 4gb ram, and air cooling. I have been looking into the EVGA 780i motherboard because I heard some pretty good things about it. Here is a list that I am considering. Please feel free to suggest, add, or remove anything from my list. I thank you in advance for any help that you provide.

Q6600
2 x 8800gts g92
EVGA 780i
4gb Corsair Dominator PC2 8500
OCZ 700w PSU
500gb 7200.10 barracuda HDD
Samsung 2493HM 24" lcd monitor

EDIT: Vista x64 and xp pro dual boot

A:$1500-2000 build... any good recomendations?

It will be an XP pro and vista 64bit dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1500-2000-build-any-good-recomendations.101718/
Relevancy 22.36%

oldish computer, oldish user. my kids got me an ipod, which I am only learning how to use. I do love it now, but I am visiting relatives with 5 yr old computer running windows 2000. each time I try to hook my ipod to itunes, the whole thing reboots. It doesn't happen when I plug the cable into the usb port, but when I plugit into the ipod, it instantly shuts down. I don't know much tech stuff, be gentle! ^_^

A:iPod causing Windows 2000 to reboot

The Windows 2000 computer is updated to SP 3 (Service Pack 3)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ipod-causing-windows-2000-to-reboot.101472/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi

I have a Panasonic Toughbook running Windows 2000.
I used to be able to run wireless PCMCIA adapters and it worked.

Now when I insert both a Netgear and D-link PCMCIA card the entire system freezes.(after installing the drivers) I pull the card out and the system resumes.Also, the lights on the PCMCIA flash and do what they are suppposed to do.

I can use my D-link wired PCMCIA adapter.

So - it is not the PCMCIA slot - it is not the cards - they both work on other computers. It must be 2000.

Anyone have nay thoughts on what i can try next?

Thanks!

Colleen

A:Panasonic toughbook - running WIN 2000 - wireless PCMCIA freezing system

Hello Colleen,
you may need to do a fresh install of Win2K... Have you downloaded and installed all the Windows 2000 service packs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-toughbook-running-win-2000-wireless-pcmcia-freezing-system.100999/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am working on a new pc for under I don t for Pc around $2000? want it to be way hardcore and its not going to be Pc for around $2000? completely for gaming I don t need rpm harddrives or anything and im not planning on over clocking CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx item N E Western Digital Caviar SE GB quot SATA- Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E SAMSUNG Spinpoint F GB Pc for around $2000? quot SATA- Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Rosewill RX -D-B W Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window http www newegg com Product Produc E RAZER RZ - Banshee Blue Laser Lachesis Gaming Mouse oh this doesn t need to be here Sony NEC Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU B s http www newegg com Product Produc E Koutech IO-RCM USB quot quot Card Reader http www newegg com Product Produc E that there totals to around Im thinking about buying x EVGA GeForce GT -P -N -AR Video Card for each http www newegg com Product Produc E they seem good and i like EVGA but then the new series came out Should i just wait for better cards I won t be getting this for at least a couple months Also i found these two motherboards Which is best for me They both only have ddr ram is that bad mines ddr Will i be able to change that in the bios somewere ASUS P N-D ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E MSI P N SLI Platinum ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Im really not so sure about the processor either please help Thank you nbsp

A:Pc for around $2000?

ok well i do almost insist on SLI just because their cards look cool no jk i plan on playing crysis and some other stuff i do look to game! Plus video editing. and i think i did say UNDER $2000 somewere.... yeah i got crap about the server crashing but the weried thing is that the promocode page was still working. 500 watts is cutting it pretty close and im not getting this immediatly but there is a combo deal for the GPU and a 700 mabye 600 (can't remeber) watt PSU.

anyway since i am probably SLI ing, i think i will go with the cheeper $150 motherboard, however there is still the question about it saying ddr 800 ram while i'll have ddr 1066...... i swear i read somewere that you can change it in the bios.

yeah the Q6700 seems like a real ripoff compared to the Q6600 but i think i should mabye get a zalaman fan for it and buy the no fan version as the fan is sorta crappy i heard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-for-around-2000.100584/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-wireless-laptop-xp-with-desktop-2000-through-wireless-router.34191/
Relevancy 22.79%

Best Gaming Laptop- $1000-$1300

Hey, recently my friend has been thinking about buying a new gaming laptop, and his budget is around 1000-1300 dollars. He isn't really expecting much at all from that price range, but if at all possible he would like to be able to play games like UT3, Gears of War, and Bioshock at High or maybe even max graphics. Any suggestions?

A:Best Gaming Laptop- $1500-$2000

Just look for maximum memory (2-3GB), big hard drive (100GB +), fast processor (3GHz+) and good graphics capability, in the price range you posted. There are AlienWare laptops that are built for gaming but they are very pricey $$$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-gaming-laptop-1500-2000.92359/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello this is not a questiom it s pleny informative because i m boring I m about to confirm the posibility of overclock an AMD Athlon socket on a ECS Kv Extreme motherboard from the initial mhz to mhz without liquid freeze or similar only stock fan On full load it reaches degrees on idle with AMD C amp Q activated on windows xp The trick is to set an divider into the memory controller changing from the initial mhz DDR to mhz DDR and setting up the system bus speed from the initial mhz to mhz Cpu runs Mhz and memory mhz DDR a little over the nominal speed mhz DDR I have x Kingstom value ram ddr Needed to say that if u have SATA drives you must to lock the AGP clock in mhz for not allow system bus overclock to overclock the AGP clock don t know why but the AGP bus clock uses 2500 sucess ECS 64 KV2 AMD 2000 @ overclocking from Extreme 3200+ to the same clock than SATA overclocking AMD 64 3200+ @ ECS KV2 Extreme from 2000 to 2500 sucess bus clock No more to say if anyone wants mora information I will help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-amd-64-3200-ecs-kv2-extreme-from-2000-to-2500-sucess.90673/
Relevancy 20.64%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 22.79%

I want to set up a server to manage computers but I can t seem to find a tutorial that will tell me what I need to know with out bombarding me cannot server a win 2000 I tutorial/ find with information I really don t need to know So I was wondering if someone from this site would be able to make a tutorial or would know where to find a tutorial in plain english I will list I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000 out what the server needs to do and then maybe someone could reply with what I need to do or where I need to go to get the information The server needs To run Windows server Got the CD for it and I want to keep it cheep Manage computers Make user accounts so people can log into each of the computers Use a wireless router to connect to the computers although the server is connected to the router by a cable To be able to run dedicated game servers I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000 I don t know if this is possible but if the computers were able to use the Cd drives on the server as if they where there own it would be really usefully By the way the computers are x Win XP and x Win XP both are pro versions nbsp

A:I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000

For 2 and 3 you need to set up the server as a domain controller. Everything else is already included.

As for setting up something like this and managing it the future without taking the effort to learn how it works..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-find-a-tutorial-win-server-2000.88262/
Relevancy 19.78%

I can ping these two machines yet on my laptop, in my network places i cannot see my home pc or my laptop in the workgroup. On my home pc i can see my home pc in the workgroup. All firewalls are off that I know too.

Is there a setting on my laptop stopping it joining the workgroup. Because it is not in the workgroup, i guess that is why my home pc cannot detect it.

When i search for computers nothing is detected, yet when i search for "laptop" it finds it in my workgroup. Yet no symbol is showing.

I want the connection purely for file transfer.

Static IP address are ok, 192.168.0.1 for hom pc and 192.168.0.2 for laptop.
Workgroup is same on both machines.

Really Really Frustrated now!

Can anyone please try to help.

PS. My laptop was setup for a network at my office originally, but I don't see how that matters?

A:Networking home pc running XP pro with laptop running Win 2000

This has to be the most asked question,

First get identical accounts on the XP and 2k, such as user with a password of user.
Turn off simple file sharing on the XP machine, its Explorer \Tools \Folder Options \View drag the bar to the bottom and untick simple file sharing.

Ensure both machines are in the same workgroup, this is found in XP by right clicking my computer on the desktop and choosing properties then choose computer name then click change, by default XP Pro and 2K use "Workgroup" but XP Home uses MSHOME for some strange reason, to change the work group in 2K right click my computer choose properties, choose network Identification, properties.

Then share the folders you want access to by opening explorer and right click the folder and choose sharing, follow the tabs

reboot the PC's and that should do you.

I always check by doing this

start run "\\machinename\c$
this attempts to connect to the admin string of the PC, this share is always present and means you dont have to worry about sharing individual folders.

If this works congratulate yourself for being clever and have a large Rum and coke and a Cigar.

If not post back and someone cleverer than me will help..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-home-pc-running-xp-pro-with-laptop-running-win-2000.51868/
Relevancy 21.07%

My husbands aunt has dial up, we set her email account up but now several months later it is telling her that someone else has that account and she is unable to send email, this is the 2nd time this has happened. How can this be fixed so it doesn't happen again?

A:email conflict in msn

Hi Twinkletla1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say what email provider you have, if its with an ISP or with one such as MSN hotmail, Your thread title mentions MSN so I'll hazard a guess that she either hasnt used in for more than once in 30 days and as such the account has been shut down, this is to prevent unused accounts cluttering up the MSN server and filling with junk mail.

To keep a hotmail account active you have to login regularly, about once a fortnight at least.

If its another provider than please post back and let us know.

Whilst your here could you do me the honour of reading the threads below It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-conflict-in-msn.79168/
Relevancy 21.07%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 22.79%

I need to know if I can get windows 2000 to recognize my dual core amd 3800?

A:dual core on windows 2000

Both cores will be recognized & functional with Windows 2000 Professional. You can also set CPU affinity on this OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-on-windows-2000.76458/
Relevancy 22.79%

I m trying ot get a home network set up I have a total of computers and I m workign on simply getting two fo them to work together nicely at the moment I have a Panasonic laptop running windows and a HP desktop that is running Windows XP home SP As much as I would liek to get rid of XP and up grade the desktop I don t have the money right now I can currently access the laptop from the desktop and see the desktop from the laptop but when I try to access the desktop from the laptop I get an error of name is not accessible access denied I have tried using both the Making and 2000 play XP nice name and the IP to access the Making XP and 2000 play nice desktop and get the same result poking around I saw some stuff on usernames causing a problem so I re-did the desktop to have the same username and password for the Making XP and 2000 play nice adminsitrator as well as created an administrator account named everybody with the same password on both computers as was recomended on some sites I m to the point I don t have any other ideas the firewall for xp has been turned off and I also tried creating a new network with a new workgroup name and different names for each computer with no better luck Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated Mike nbsp

A:Making XP and 2000 play nice

Do you have the "use simple file sharing (recommended)" option ticked or unticked in My Computer | Tools | Folder options | View Tab? If it is ticked then I would recommend un-ticking it. Create a new folder under My Documents, right click on it and select the "sharing and security" tab, set the folder to be shared and give it a share name.

Also, have you tried connecting to the Desktop using '\\name\c$' this should prompt you for a username and password, use an administrative account.

Do you have any third party firewall software runnning on the desktop computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-xp-and-2000-play-nice.74565/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey, I am going to be starting college in september and am starting to look at notebooks. I want the best one for gaming under $2000..My coice would be the HP dv9000t series..Is this the best bang for my buck? Any suggestions? I'm planning on waiting as long as possible to ensure I get the lowest price with the best hardware available, so I have a lot of time to shop around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-sub-2000-gaming-notebook.74245/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-for-email-trace.74023/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello,

I want to buy a new processor but i don't know how to start, or rather what to choose. I picked two suitable processor for my pocket and they are:
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Socket 939 512K bus 2000 0.09u 1.4V 67W 64bit (1800 MHz) and
CPU AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Socket 939 512K bus 2000 0.13U 1.5V 89W 64bit (2000 MHZ)
The second processor it's cheaper then the first listed.Why?
What's the difference between 0.09 and 0.13 microns tehnology?
Is the power consumption to high(89W - 67W)?

......Many thanks !!!!!!!

A:What's the difference between Athlon 64 1800 Mhz & Athlon 64 2000 Mhz ????

razzvanbot said:

Is the power consumption to high(89W - 67W)?Click to expand...

The power consumption is within acceptable limits.

The faster of those two uses older 0.13micron building process, and is cheaper because of that.If you are on a budget and not overclocking, get the cheaper one, because it is faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-between-athlon-64-1800-mhz-athlon-64-2000-mhz.72863/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 20.64%

It just happend a week ago Internet became terribly slow many websites - about of them - don t load at all page not found and I can t send Email - only recieve MSN Messenger either connects or not it depends if it feels like doing so In addition Start- gt Run- gt cmd- gt ipconfig had displayed quot ipconfig quot is load, Email don't can't Websites send not recognized as an external or internal command and something with a Websites don't load, can't send Email batch file I was fixed by going to My Computer- gt Properties- gt Advanced- gt Enviroment Variables- gt Path and editing Websites don't load, can't send Email it to c windows system Before changing it had been something with Quicktime which was fully uninstalled afterwards My Specs AMD X GTX Extreme MB DFI LanParty Ultra-D OCZ GB X - - - WD GB RPM ENERMAX Watt DMark Using NOD Sygate Firewall Adaware Regvac Registry Mechanic Tuneup Utilities Whats the problem I ve tried uninstalling the Ethernet drivers and reinstalling didn t work My computer is virus and spyware-free and well-protected What could go wrong nbsp

A:Websites don't load, can't send Email

refer to this tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/websites-dont-load-cant-send-email.71253/
Relevancy 22.36%

I need some help, my laptop was working OK (internet, screen etc) earlier. I formatted the drive & installed Win 2000, now internet doesn't work (connection icon disappeared), also the display screen is half the laptop screen, rest is black.
Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

A:Internet connection diesn't work after installing Win 2000

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You need to download and install Windows 2000 compatible drivers from your laptop manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-diesnt-work-after-installing-win-2000.70980/
Relevancy 19.78%

I was running 2000 windows loading "error os" in a gig seagate harddrive for a while no problems then I tried to add my old master drive as a slave to see what data was on it I can t remember exactly what it said needless to say it wouldn t boot I got "error loading os" in windows 2000 rid of the old drive and focused entirely on getting the newer drive back functioning as it had been When I booted up it recognized the drive and then hit me with the quot error loading os quot message I tried every conceivable configuration of the cable jumper settings etc and still the same error I went out and bought a Western digital drive but the problem is all I have to install on it is a windows xp cd So i installed xp on the new drive then plugged in my other drive as slave It recognized it and got to windows where I notice that only some of the folders are showing up The main thing I noticed that was missing on the drive was the programs folder I have a folder full of portfolio stuff etc and another with music and both of those showed up I set file view options to show hidden files etc as well I m hoping that because the other drive is formatted from windows and I m running xp that it might cause the compy to not recognize part of the drive or something Also I ran scandisk on it and it didn t find any errors Any ideas as to how to recover the rest of my precious drive I know about some recovery programs but am a little afraid of trying them out without getting some advice from people who know about this sort of thing first oh and another thing now in my bios settings when I checked my boot preferences during the trial and error period in the beginning I noticed that sometimes quot removable devices quot popped up to the top of the list without me doing it also under harddrives after the drive I had plugged in it would list quot PRIMARY MASTER quot and quot PRIMARY SLAVE quot with exclamation marks in front of them Not sure if it still has that Anyways thanks a LOT nbsp

A:"error loading os" in windows 2000

Sounds like your seagate is going out. I had just ditched my Seagate Barracuda 2 (250GB) because it was doing something similar. As far as you plugging it in as a slave, that was the proper thing to do as far as trying to get your old files. But you might have missing files if your drive is going out, or got too close to a magnet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-os-in-windows-2000.68819/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently just did a clean install of windows 2000 SP4 on my old windows 98SE HP Pavillion 6730. The OS seems to work fine with no problems but everytime I startup the computer, the mouse seems to stop working (I see the pointer but can't move it). I then have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. However it sometimes does not work even after I plug it in again and have to keep repeating the process of restarting and unplugging/plugging to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

A:Mouse Problem Windows 2000!

Switch to using a USB mouse and see if it takes care of the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-problem-windows-2000.67085/
Relevancy 18.06%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay, here's my problem. I have a new computer running XP (NTFS), but not connected through a ribbon cable. It's connected through the new kind, I just don't remember the name for it.

My old computer still works fine, I just want to upgrade. SO:

I moved my old HD (using ribbon IDE) over, and booted up from XP. I then plugged my old HD in and it recognized it.

BUT:

It's not mounted, and I'm afraid if I "convert/initialize" it, then my data will either be erased, or not accessable.

The reason I want to keep my old HD is because it's nicer to have two HDs and the older one still has all my files.

PS. And, if it's possible, I'd like to make it dual-boot.

Can someone help me please?

A:XP/2000 HD Dilemma

If your Secondary IDE channel has a ribbon cable, hook your old harddrive up as Master and jumper your CD RIVE as a slave to it. Do not hook them up opposite this or you may have problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-2000-hd-dilemma.63060/
Relevancy 20.64%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I have Dell laptop (win 2000 pro) . when i work in the normal mode the machine restart while blue screen show . now, I can work only in the safe mode . i can't accses in the BIOS because there is a password . i can't accses to msconfig ( by using run ).
this problem appear when i ran registry software cleaning . i didn't change/replace any of the machine hardware.

A:random restart for win 2000

Try running the Recovery CD's (if you have any), sounds like a registy issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restart-for-win-2000.60844/
Relevancy 22.79%

my friend has a compaq 5000a, its got a celeron processor and came with windows millenium. it carshed, his mom paid some ******* to put windows 98 on it, it sooned crashed again. now im working on it, and successfully put xp pro and ubuntu 5.10 on a grub loader boot thingie.

it worked great for a week then fritzed. it takes forever to leave the red compaq load logo (if it does) then it does this pretty show of colors until you reset it. now ive heard that compaq is proprietory to its own hardware software. so is it true that for this thing to work i have to find the compaq millenium disc for it to work?

A:early 2000 or 2001 compaq

The windowsME cd that came with the pc is only set to be recognised by that pc only, so when you attempt to load it onto another pc it won't work, legaly of course. You can still put whatever software/OS you wish on that PC other than the WinME that came with it. That part is not restricted in. Otherwise if say you installed a new motherboard that is totaly different to the one you have now your WinMe cd may not work on it, since it recognise that its a different pc or something along those lines...

Hardware, it may be proprietry as in custom designed parts (especialy motherboards, PSU or rams). If it has a problem with crashing, then its most likely to be some hardware fault, since you've tried different OS's and i presume different drivers as well..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/early-2000-or-2001-compaq.58021/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

A:DSL/Outlook Express problem

Try disabling email scanning in your AV/Firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-outlook-express-problem.54704/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a way to trace a spammer, legally, with legal intent.
The isp would be great.
attatched is txt I've gotten already.
Thanks for any help.

A:Can yahoo email be traced?

if emails come to a mail client like thunderbird ot mozilla you can view the whole content
view message source
that may get you origin
thunderbird and mozilla only
I don't know bout IE or messenger

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-yahoo-email-be-traced.48254/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello, does any one know where I can obtain the Windows 2000 professional drivers for the Sis 300/305/630/540/730 board? Mine's the 630, I've tried numerous drivers and have had no luck with them.

A:Sis 300/305/630/540/730 windows 2000 professional drivers

Rick85 said:

Hello, does any one know where I can obtain the Windows 2000 professional drivers for the Sis 300/305/630/540/730 board? Mine's the 630, I've tried numerous drivers and have had no luck with them. Click to expand...

HI havent you tried

http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/955.htm

http://download.sis.com/ (You say 630, so try IGP drivers)

Good luck

Lucan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sis-300-305-630-540-730-windows-2000-professional-drivers.16588/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello from newbie to this forum After searching threads I could not find solution for this particular and perplexing problem I have a small network as follows Winxp pc Win kpro pc G Mac All connected through SMC Barricade router which is connected to adsl modem Sprint The problem is that the Win pc has lost ability to connect to internet through any browser IE FF Moz Opera I can send and receive email use my ftp program to connect to remote servers and upload download files and can move files from my Mac to PC via Dave client software Here is what I have tried so far powered off everything then powered up modem router pc bypassed router hooked pc directly to modem disabled firewalls uninstalled reinstalled tcp ip uninstalled reinstalled nic replaced nic with known good one use internet, out email, ping can receive Cannot can access FTP, replaced cat cable I can access internet with the winxp computer Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out using it now I can ping from win computer to this computer and mac can ping router and modem from win pc can ping loopback and ip address from win pc ipconfig shows that I am being assigned an address all pcs on net have same subnet mask address I cannot ping the win pc from the mac or the winxp machine I have also run WinsockFix exe I have deep scanned with Norton for viruses I have run Adaware and MS spyware Still no joy I would appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out

May sound daft, but have you ran the Internet connection wizard, sometimes it just fixes things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-internet-can-receive-email-use-ftp-can-ping-out.46962/
Relevancy 23.22%

i have read tons of rock solid reviews on the space 2000 water cooling system, but havent seen it for sale anywhere...anyone here seen it for sale..thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/space-2000.46242/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have windows XP .When i opening Microsoft outlook It get hanging.When i changing the data store folder then it opening.After 2 or 3 days the same pbm occured.I have Macfee 8.0 installed on that pc.
Plz give solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook.44346/
Relevancy 21.5%

Following 2 re-installs of SBS2003 on my Dell 400SC server none of the workstations on our network are able to send emails via Exchange server.
The error message that keeps coming up is:-
"553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
I'm pretty sure this is just a setup issue but having searched several other forums there seems to be several opinions as to the cause of this error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All the workstations are running XP Pro (SP2) and using Outlook 2003 for email. :blackeye:

A:Email not being sent

Normally this would be an incorrect DNS configuration on a Windows Server. Check your event viewer. If there are DNS errors, you may want to resolve those first. If you DNS is clean, you still may want to use the IP address of your Mail Server instead of the domain name. Additionally, something I've run into in the past is some ISP's only allow sending of mail within so many seconds of POP3 authentication. I believe QWest does this. This is their way of preventing relaying but it screwed me up seeing how they provide our connectivity but my POP3 email is with another company that houses our domain so I never downloaded POP3 from Qwest. It could be that username and password authentication are required to get around this. I'm not sure where that setting is but I'll try to remember to look on my server at work tomorrow. If I find anything good, I'll let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-not-being-sent.43606/
Relevancy 21.93%

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Atapi\Parameters

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:

Value name: EnableBigLba
Data type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 0x1

Hope it helps!

A:How to access more than 137gb on large hard disks in Windows 2000

Needs Windows 2000 SP3 or later.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-access-more-than-137gb-on-large-hard-disks-in-windows-2000.42315/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have just lost every thing on O/Exp, all folders, emails the lot, it now looks like the first time I ran with O/Exp all the basic folders are there but empty, I have tried restore but it's just the same. Have done a search and what comes up is the same empty O/Exp. I have a feeling that the start up may be inhibited as I had a start up progame and monitor which I have just deleted. HELP, if the wife finds out I will be made to do the ironing for a month aaah.
Degs

A:Outlook Express Disappearance

This link is almost relevant- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313055/ the bit about searching for .dbx files certainly is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-disappearance.42308/
Relevancy 23.22%

I ve just upgraded my year Date 2000 computer with a new mobo cpu and HD so i m not sure if this is a hardware or software question if this is in the wrong forum please forgive me When i first loaded windows i didn t put the right date in somehow i put in the date I changed the date when the OS was fullly loaded But now when i try to load Norton it says my subscription is out of date it says installed and and subscription ended I ve done everything i can think of to fully uninstall Norton uninstalled the program used their removal tool removed everything from Registry with Registry Mechanic done everything i can think of but it year 2000 Date still keeps happening So i wondered if there is a date somewhere related to the computer as opposed to the software that keeps telling Norton its the year I ve checked the date in the Bios and it is the right date Thank you for your year 2000 Date help nbsp

A:year 2000 Date

Doesn't sound like your computer is reporting the wrong date. As long as it shows the right date in both BIOS and windows, it should be right. Norton Live Update is a paid service, meaning you actually have to pay them (annually i think) to get the updates. If you have legitimately subscribed to their service then i suggest you contact their customer support. If you have not subscribed and do no wish to pay to get virus protection (assuming you're talking about Norton AV), then I suggest you get this very good free antivirus program (better than Norton imo): AVG Anti Virus

here's their site: http://www.grisoft.com/doc/1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/year-2000-date.42183/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi.Heres the problem, i have a windows xp computer and a computer running 2000. im trying to link the 2 together through a linksys 5 port hub. when the internet conection is plugged into the uplink and the other 2 ethernets are pluged into the ports neither seem to have any internet connection at all and the uplink light is flashing indicating that its working fine.But when the modem is pluged into a non uplink port and one of the computers is plugged into the uplink it sends fine. also when another ethernet is plugged in the computer has no connection at all. Please help im desperate. Thanks

A:Linking A windows Xp And 2000 computer through a hub

Is it really a hub? Hubs, switches and routers are very different kinds of devices.

If it is really a hub, then you have to pay careful attention to crossover/straight cables and make sure all your networking devices are operating at half duplex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-a-windows-xp-and-2000-computer-through-a-hub.41790/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have, mainly thanks to this wonderful forum's jobeard managed to set-up my new wireless connection to the internet, and set up my adsl modem/router

i just cant get my head around setting up filesharing between the 2 pc's

any help or how-to's would be much appreciated

thanks luke

A:trying to set up file sharing between 2000 & xp home

While your waiting for how-to`s,take a look at this http://www.homenethelp.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-set-up-file-sharing-between-2000-xp-home.41556/
Relevancy 18.92%

My Pc having some critical problems .. And not workng properly.

A:Problem in windows xp and windows 2000

5 of your minidumps crash at ialmdev5.DLL. This is your Intel Corporation Component GHAL Driver. Part of your of your Intel graphics drivers. They have a bugcheck of 8E.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn?t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

1 minidump crashes at TDI.SYS. This is your Windows TDI Wrapper driver. It has a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

ialmdev5.DLL is the probable culprit. Try uninstalling, and reinstalling your Intel graphics drivers with the latest version.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-in-windows-xp-and-windows-2000.40871/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi

I have purchased a new notebook compaq V2424NR model which has a display card ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M which comes with windowsXP, I have installed windows 2000 server additionally on the PC. Now there are no compatable drivers for ATI Radeon xpress 200M, could any one suggest the drivers for the same.

Regards
Shirly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-xpress-200m-for-windows-2000.40912/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a a7n e deluxe with the first generation athlon 2600's 2 gig that
have the 233 bus and a geforce 6600 256 + 1.5 gigs of 3200 ram, does that
3dmark05 2000 score suck or am I doing something wrong?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sdmarko5-2000-score-with-a7n-e-deluxe-geforce-6600-256-gig1-2-ram-does-that-suck.40408/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently moved my two hard drives into a new system and ran a system repair. When it boots, the mouse and the keyboard are not working. Both are ps2 type but I have also tried a USB mouse to no avail. Things work fine in the bios screens and when I boot the recovery console. They go away after the system boots into windows.

I installed a new instance of Win 2000 on the other hard drive and it boots fine and the mouse and the keyboard work. I have checked for the presence of the mouse drivers and they are there. I have checked to see if there are additional filters in the registry for these devices, and there aren't. I have tried exporting the keys for the keyboard and mouse from the good system and imprting them into the registry for the system that won't work, and that did not help either.

Any ideas?

Caesar...

A:No keyboard or mouse when booting into win 2000

Not sure this will help, but remove both the keyboard and mouse, from within the device manager, and then restart your system, and see if Windows will find them again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-keyboard-or-mouse-when-booting-into-win-2000.29547/
Relevancy 22.79%

Please help me. I have a 2000 pro. windows. I got a geforce 4000mx and it has a error code 10 over it in the device manager. I just can't think of anything else i can do to try and fix it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

~frustered computer hater

A:geforce 4000 mx on windows 2000

Had to look up the full error code for Win2K:
The device cannot start. (Code 10)
Try updating the device drivers for this device.

This means you need to:
a) If there is any on-board or integrated videocard already present, it needs to be disabled. How this is done differs from mainboard to mainboard. It's usually done by a BIOS setting, jumper inside the case or worst-case- disabled in the Device Manager.
b) Install chipset and/or AGP drivers for your mainboard. We cannot give any help here without some more system information. If you are unable to determine your mainboard, take a look at the threads stickie'd in the forums here or google: Everest. Download/install/run this and report it's output. CPU-Z can also be googled as it can report the mainboard model also.
c) Old video drivers should be uninstalled in the Control Panel, and Driver Cleaner Pro (www.drivercleaner.net) can also be utilized if this doesn't work properly.
d) Obtain the latest Forceware drivers from www.nvidia.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-4000-mx-on-windows-2000.38556/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to use a program installed on windows sever 2000 from another computer on the network....If this is possible please fill me in.
Thanks a ton you guys sure have helped me out before :grinthumb

A:Network programs through windows 2000 server

You're looking for Terminal Services Application Server - which is built into 2000 Server. You'll have to install the application through add/remove program in a different mode though. Can't remember exactly what the mode is called but it something to the effect of remote use or terminal use installation - been a while since I've done it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-programs-through-windows-2000-server.37461/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

Sorry if this is an obvious problem, but I am a complete newbie when it comes to networking especially wirelessly!

I have an XP home desktop pc and a 2000 laptop that both have wireless cards in them which enables them to communicate through my combined wireless adsl modem and router.

I cannot get them to see each other though to utilise file and print sharing...

I have enabled file and print sharing on both (I think...)
I have made sure that they are both in the same workgroup

I can't think what else I am missing...

Belkin have passed me to Microsoft, and Microsoft have passed me to Belkin...

TechSpot you are my last hope! (for my sanity!!)

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Andy

A:Wireless Network Between Xp Desktop And 2000 Laptop

Have you tried accessing the computer by their IP addresses? Meaning instead of typing \\desktop....try \\192.168.x.x for your desktop. You can find the ip address by going to Start>>Run. The type "ipconfig /all" without "s.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-between-xp-desktop-and-2000-laptop.36094/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently put together a system with spare parts I had laying around The drivers that windows installs works fine but direct d or any d rendering isn t enabled dxdiag states pci under 2000 Stealth [lockups] III windows S540 that direct d isn t supported on this card which it is obviously So I uninstalled these drivers and reinstalled the drivers available at www diamondmm Stealth III S540 pci under windows 2000 [lockups] com which I presume are the latest drivers for this card since it was discontinued quite a few years ago But with these drivers installed windows locks up just as I get to the desktop The only way for me to get out of it is to physically press the reset button on the computer and enter safe mode to uninstall the drivers I just installed and reinstall the ones that windows installed Which brings me back right to the beginning again with no direct d support It also stumps me because I had this exact same card in another system before I upgraded that one running under windows with the exact same drivers and it ran fine I just want to be able to play Diablo II on this machine blackeye nbsp

A:Stealth III S540 pci under windows 2000 [lockups]

you know what forget it, i found another video card that i had laying around and it works fine. i dumped this card. thanks though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stealth-iii-s540-pci-under-windows-2000-lockups.35484/