Windows Support Forum

Locking down Access in a certain way

Q: Locking down Access in a certain way

Greetings Maybe someone could help me out - I m a little stuck Using Access XP I want to protect certain way in Access down a Locking a database so that Users can add and update records but not delete Users can select and Locking down Access in a certain way run replication Users cannot get into any of the raw tables queries Locking down Access in a certain way etc Users cannot modify any design elements as an administrator I can do all of the above Is this possible - simply hiding the Database Window is not sufficient and the user must be able to replicate MDE files are out aren t they Because of replication The Security wizard doesn t seem to let me turn off access to raw Tables and queries Hiding menus is not secure - especially if they can be bypassed by holding shift F or whatever when the database launches I do have Access Developers Edition if that will help - but the user will have access to a full version of Access Please tell me there s something simple I can do Regards Gareth nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Locking down Access in a certain way

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 49.02%

Is there someway that I can put a password on my internet access ( I use internet explorer) so tha tmy 12 yr old can't access the internet while I am at work???
I have changed my password on my desktop, but would like to leave her desktop available to play games, I just don't want her sitting on MSN or the net all day long this summer.
Anyhelp would be appreciated.

A:Locking Internet Access

Password protect your account, and create an account for her without internet access.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57507/locking-internet-access/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Using Access Both Databases are in Access - Record Locking Access format We are currently running Access - Record Locking databases both located on the server and being accessed by multiple PCs In regards to people going into the same record Database Will allow both users into the same record and will allow both to type User saves the record then when user tries to save the record they will get a message giving the options to Save their changes and lose the User s changes or dropping their own changes This will usually work but occasionally one of the fields will be marked as Deleted and can not be typed in until a Compact and Repair has been completed Database This will allow both users into the same record but as soon as user starts to type it will stop any other user from typing This is the ideal that we would like to happen on Database I have checked quot Tools quot - quot Options quot - quot Advanced quot and these match for both databases I have also tried all the options for quot Default record locking quot without effects quot Tools quot - quot Options quot - quot Advanced quot settings DDE Operations Enable --------------------------------------------- Command Line is blank OLE DDE Timeout Refresh interval Number of update retries ODBC refresh interval update retry interval --------------------------------------------- Default file format Access --------------------------------------------- Default open mode shared --------------------------------------------- Default record locking No Locks --------------------------------------------- Open database using record level locking is ticked --------------------------------------------- Any ideas TIA Dave SBF nbsp

A:Access - Record Locking

Default Record locking has 3 levels
No Locks
All records
Edited Record

have you tried "Eited record"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-record-locking.1050997/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm working on a project to make a XP Home PC available to the general public, that can only connect to a couple of designated websites. So it doesn't get screwed every 5 mins I want to restrict which applications and settings can be changed/run.

Does anybody know of a decent tool/utility that enables the locking of:

control panel
command prompt
Start menu
Resrict Internet site access

A:Locking down XP Home access

Hi,

You don't need one (at least for the first 3 items)...

Use the Group Policy Editor (Control Panel > Administrative Tools) for the first 3 items...

Remove IE shortcuts (as well as OE) from the desktop and install FireFox...
www.getfirefox.com

Then use Spyware Blaster to prevent spyware from installing on the PCs and use something like a HOSTS file list (or you can get ZoneLabs Security Suite) to prevent access to any sites with objectionable content redirecting to localhost...

I think that X-teq X-Setup lets you lock some stuff, but you'll have to search through the dozens of plugins....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-down-xp-home-access.317215/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I among my group of coworkers, am an access user. We have been using an older access database for a few months now, I have created a new database because the older one is becoming out of use. There was one problem in particular about the older database, it was located on a network drive, which 5 other users accessed to input records, it was a common problem where the database would lock up because more than one user was on the same record, is there any way I can work around this issue? I would like to put in this troubleshoot for the new db I have created.

Downwitchyobadself you can take a breather on this one bro, you helped me out in the past, if any other techie knows how to take care of this one I would appreciate your help.

A:Access locking records

Please always give version.

Anyway, Tools-Options, Advanced tab. Check the different locking levels.

(That's all until Down gets here, LOL)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-locking-records.71538/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I go to generate a report in an Access database that consists of about 10 plain text pages, the program crashes. Task manager says not responding. ONLY Access is open, nothing else. And this is a 1.3 Ghz with 256 megs ! Any pointers ? Thanks !!

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a database, and I already have several fields "locked" so that chances cannot be made to these particular fields.

I have some command buttons that I currently have enabled, but would like to disable them when a certain checkbox has a "true" value (is checked).

How can this be done (if at all) on a "per button" basis, as I have some other buttons that I want to leave enabled all the time.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have a database that i created for our tech support team I have split the database and have given the users each a shortcut I als e only installed Access Runtime on their machines The first user in pilot testing had no up with Access locking users multiple issues and we have just added the other users At first all was well However the Access locking up with multiple users new users are now having periodic lock ups where they go to enter a new record and the dbase freezes on them It seems to release itself in a few minutes but this does not help my productivity My original user is still not having any trouble Does anyone have any ideas of something that perhaps I missed Everything I have read suggests that users should not have any trouble using a split dbase Is it runtime that may be causing this I have considered going to full versions if need be but then I would need to figure out how to lock it down better Thanks Dave nbsp

A:Access locking up with multiple users

I have had around 20 people using a shared database. I think however that it is best to split the database into a front end (forms, etc.) and a back end (tables) for better multi-user performance. I was under the impression that you needed the full version installed regardless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-locking-up-with-multiple-users.550396/
Relevancy 48.59%

The temporary locking file (.laccdb in Access 2007 and .ldb in all prior versions) that is created when a user is "in" an Access database, contains info on sharing the database.
I'm wondering if it is possible to read this temporary file if it contains perhaps, the user or machines names (or any useful info) that are currently in the database. My goal is to find out what machines/users are currently "in" my database and display this on my application dashboard.
I know that I could code all of this into a table, etc. etc. but am hoping this file might already contain that data. Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/access-temporary-locking-file-1103210.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an Access 2010 database that I'm trying to lock down while keeping one or more tools open to outside users. I've split the database and password protected the backend. However, the encryption on the backend seems to be interfering with access to the form(s) that I'd like to keep open.

Goal:
Maintain software licensing records in a password protected backend. While leaving open a search form that technicians can use to check what software a given user or computer is licensed for.

What do you think is the best way to accomplish this? Am I on the right track with splitting the database?

Thank you!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have a Windows 2000 Pro system running as a print/file server on my network. I recently had a wakeup call as to how vulnerable the setup was--I realize I need to lock the system locally. I figured I'd just add a password-protected screen saver. I was using UltraVNC when I was configuring this. As soon as the screen saver turned on, the machine cut my VNC connection, and I couldn't re-establish it until I physically went to the system and unlocked the screen saver. I don't want to have to do this every time...do you have any solutions to lock the machine locally while allowing UltraVNC to work its magic?

Thanks,
JBot

A:Locking local access without breaking VNC

Howdy...

Just a few questions...

The pc on a Domain ?

And are you requiring the user to CTRL-ALT-DEL to log on?

Not familiar with UltraVnc, I use Real VNC, and you should be able to just send a "CTRL-ALT-DEL" and lock the workstation...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-local-access-without-breaking-vnc.552029/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey Everybody,

I have a wireless router and a wireless access point that keeps freezing up on me. It seems to work for a couple of days and then drops out. It then has to be rebooted and they seem to come back up. When they are frozen, they can't even be seen from my laptop. What would cause this?

A:Wireless Access point and router keeps locking up

Brand and model?
Did you just purchase this item? If not how old is it?
What happen prior?

Make sure you have updated the firmware, before installing the update do a factory refresh then install the latest firmware.

If that doesn't solve the issue, replace the device if you just purchased it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-access-point-and-router-keeps-locking-up.145236/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a data base which tracks files 2012 Solved: ACCESS Locking Record records in and out it had been working fine until last Friday Jan Figures right Any way when I opened the data base it was fine I open my main form to enter a file request and got Microsoft Access has stopped working Windows can try to recover your information and restart the program Solved: ACCESS 2012 Record Locking - gt restart The program Nothing When I went to the database location on the network there were several files that shouldn t have been there Copies of the Data Base itself and a file named Records laccdb I have had no luck getting this data base back to working I put the data base on on a memory stick and took it home figuring to work on it over the weekend Low and behold it worked fine directly from the memory stick So what gives I figured Got to work yesterday I moved the data base out of the location and copied from the flash drive No go Still dies Tried coping the database to a folder on Drive C thinking it is a network issue Still fails But it runs fine from the thumb drive Anyone have any clue how I can get this thing back to working nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I spent almost a whole work day trying to get my database to convert to an MDE file only to find, once I succedded that, besides a slight speed increase, It did not solve the major problem for the change in the first place. I want 2+ people to use the same form at a time and I thought that making an MDE was the solution to that.

I have a screenshot of the error that I got and will post it as an attachment (very nice new feature).

The tables the form access are:

- Jobs for a combobox
- Jobs to display information
- Jobs & Change Orders & Purchase Orders & Job Details in a subquery of this form

Please help me. I almost got violent trying to fix this thing.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello. I need help (in more ways than one but I digress ) with an Access interface. How do I "lock" or "dim" fields?

If Frame264.Value = 1 or 3 Then I need these fields locked....

NICUTotal (text box)
NICU Total (label box)

And

OBTotal (text box)
OB Total (label box)

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!!

A:Solved: Help with dimming/locking a field in Access - Please...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-dimming-locking-a-field-in-access-please.710131/
Relevancy 47.73%

HP pavilion running windows 7. Recently moved it to new location, and now error message reading for all installed programs, including internet explorer,when attempting to open. Message reads these files can't be opened. Your internet security settings prevented one or more file from being opened. We tried windows firewall on and off with same message.

Krag

A:Windows security locking program access

can you move it back and test? Or is that not an option?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-security-locking-program-access.1116686/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello first time poster here I have a database that is used by three people The database is split to have a front and back end I distributed an Access file to each user that acts as a shortcut it copies the front-end to the user s computer from the network drive Locking Issues Solved: 2003 Access Database - that it is shared onto their TEMP folder on the computer This way when I make updates to the structure of Solved: Access 2003 - Database Locking Issues the database no one needs to copy a new version of the front-end I can simply replace the master file that is copied The front-end and back-end are stored in different parts of the network drive I m seeing a conflict with who is able to log into the database I will designate the users as U U and U U cannot log into the database if U or U are in the database U and U never conflict with each other and if U and U enter the database after U has entered everything is fine I have made sure that everyone s settings under Tools - gt Options - gt Advanced have been set to these Default Open Mode Shared Default Record Locking No Locks Open Databases Using Record-Level Locking Checked In addition the forms that they use in the Access database have their properties set to not lock records Is there anything else I should be checking nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I created an application in Access with a form and database I have to make it a client server type app now I need to put just the database and report files on the server for users to use Each will have the form portion of the app The app will now have to connect to the Access database on the server I need to know the best approach to connecting to the database this way and how to use record locking Originally I could just use CurrentDB on the form as it was integrated with the database But to connect to the database on the server I tried using a connection locking? & on connecting to database server record Access 2007 object and creating a recordset that way But I don t seem to be able to lock the record ussing existing things like the recordset locktype property or setting the Recordlocks property on the form Please help me figure out the best method of the various ones to connect to the database on the server as in ADODB DAO database object or whatever and how to use record locking so the users cannot have the same record open at the same time Thank you Valhalla nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I ve done so much I hope to remember everything System it's XP like sectors of MCE acts recovery Denied) After (Access locking files? bad is a toshiba satellite running MS XP Media Center Edition Everything started when my I defragged and restarted my system then found out I had several bad sectors that After recovery of bad sectors XP MCE acts like it's locking files? (Access Denied) damaged windows and prevented the system from starting The system would hang at the welcome screen and go no further After a no go with chkdsk repair i tried quot last known good configuration quot and was able to get the system into windows but no taskbar no sound no internet and what seemed like no services wanted to run I ran chkdsk repair again but this time it went through saying quot replacing invalid security id with default security id for file XXXXXX quot and hitting a number somewhere past so i assume it went through every single file on my system changing the default security After this move everything on my system appeard to be working I now had internet sound and most of the goodies Now today I tried windows update but error out with quot x A quot asking me to change internet security settings that are already where they want them set I tried to run a fix from microsoft from the page http support microsoft com kb to quot How do I restore security settings to the default settings quot which I actually ran a day ago But I went to run the auto fix program from MS and I get the error quot The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot Norton Anti-Virus was showing the Sonar Protection needed fixed so when I clicked ot fix it i was told it could not be fixed Now the norton icon does not show up in the bottom right corner but i believe the files are running in Task Manager but if I double click my icon for norton nothing will show I also run a program called Expressdigital Darkroom Professional that requires a USB dongle to run I can load the program but when I go to import photos into my program I am getting an Access Denied comment and it will not import photos I notice all of my folders are showing Read Only marked on them I go to set the option off and hit ok go back and it s set again I did have an issue where my account was part of groups which I have removed all but administrator It seems like if not a service with a problem almost as if my files are locked down read only other instances of problems I can think of when i use MS outlook i go to send an email normally it would use ms word but it says it s not installed and uses the internal editor instead but I can run ms word on it s own ANother issue is under Event Viewer when you have an error you can click on the link and go to the website to view details once I click it will not transfer my to the MS website to view my issue or a way to resolve I realize most people feel I should just wipe the system but with everything I have on here I truly want that a last resort It seems all of these problems occured after the system reset the default security ID appreciate any help here Thanks

A:After recovery of bad sectors XP MCE acts like it's locking files? (Access Denied)

Thanks for asking your question. Please provide me with a few details so that I may better assist you.

1. Model number of your of hard drive. This information can be located in device mgr.
2. The version of Windows Xp Media Edition you have (the year). Can be located under the general tab of My Computer properties.
2. The version of service pack you have installed.

Thanks Joel,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296155/after-recovery-of-bad-sectors-xp-mce-acts-like-its-locking-files-access-denied/
Relevancy 45.15%

I m not sure if I have a virus on my laptop or if there is something else wrong with my laptop a Toshiba running Vista I noticed a couple days ago that when screens, internet Virus? Blue up.... computer and locking locking up I would get on the internet I could only get about five pages in Virus? Blue screens, internet locking up and computer locking up.... before it would completely lock up with not even being able to get into Ctrl Alt Delete to restart I would restart it would bring up the quot Windows did not shut down properly do you wanna start in safe mood etc menu quot I would try to start normally and same thing would happen I ran numerous scans Malware Antibytes Super Antispyware and it came up with a couple Trojans and I deleted them but the problem still happened Then I noticed that it also was locking up when I would just be opening files or folders on the Virus? Blue screens, internet locking up and computer locking up.... laptop not just the internet Then I would start getting blue screens computer would restart and the cycle would repeat I am not getting any bad reports from Malware or Super antispyware but the problem is persisting Not sure if my laptop is just crapping out or if it s something else I am writing this in safe mode with networking because the first time I tried to write it in regular mode the laptop locked up It seems to be working ok in safe mode Any help would be great Thank you

A:Virus? Blue screens, internet locking up and computer locking up....

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Please download GMER from here(doesnot work on 64 bit OS)http://www2.gmer.net/download.phpTemporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply. DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444341/virus-blue-screens-internet-locking-up-and-computer-locking-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Windows ME After I get off the internet and leave my computer up it will lock up slow ME locking up, up, Solved: locking computer ad-aware freeze on the desktop I have to do a hard shut down control alt delete doesn t touch it Also my computer seems to be running slower than usual I have bit defender for a virus scanner fire wall I downloaded all the micro soft security updates and have put on spybot S amp D and ad-aware However since yesterday ad-aware quits responding showing between and critical items that I Solved: ME locking up, ad-aware locking up, slow computer can t get to in order to delete them Spybot is still running ok and knocked off a things on the last scan I have rebooted and ran a hijackthis log Can anyone see if there is something causing a problem that the other systems are missing Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER COMMUNICATOR XCOMMSVR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER SCAN SERVER BDSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WND EXE C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER BDMCON EXE C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER VSSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER BDOESRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYBOT - SEARCH amp DESTROY TEATIMER EXE C PROGRAM FILES CALLWAVE IAM EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE OSA EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WNF EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE FINDFAST EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hardynet com O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run BDMCon C PROGRA SOFTWIN BITDEF BDMCON EXE O - HKLM Run BitDefender Virus Shield C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe O - HKLM Run BDOESRV C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdoesrv exe O - HKLM Run BDNewsAgent C PROGRAM FILES SOFTWIN BITDEFENDER bdnagent exe O - HKLM Run BDSwitchAgent C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdswitch exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices BitDefender Communicator C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe O - HKLM RunServices BitDefender Scan Server C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe O - HKLM RunServices BitDefender Live Init C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdinit exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Startup Internet Answering Machine lnk C Program Files CallWave IAM EXE O - Startup Office Startup lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office M... Read more

A:Solved: ME locking up, ad-aware locking up, slow computer

Hi, Did you disable System Restore? Your scans may be detecting files in the RESTOR_ area...which they cannot fix. Turning off System Restore is neccessary so that you can remove all the infected files, malware etc from your Restore Points...disabling System Restore directions/info here:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

After things are cleaned up, you can create a new Restore Point. If you did do this already looks like I will not be able to help you....the log is fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-me-locking-up-ad-aware-locking-up-slow-computer.275187/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Dell Dimension Intel Pentium running Windows XP nbsp sp been access lsass.exe Denied granted but has those to requested process Access a rights an object, has not access and have been getting tons of junk mail I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights ran Avast malware bytes amp spybot Nothing found So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer I m not as savvy as I d like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights I shouldn t have First I tried system restore to go back to a later date but it wouldn t let me no mater which date I lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights tried Then I followed a suggestion regarding the registries HUGE mistake Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up Then a box pops up saying lsass exe access denied a proccess has requested access to an object but has not been granted those access rights When I click ok It restarts The Dell logo pops up then the Windows XP logo and then the access denied again Ive tried to start in last known good configuration Safe mode System restore But i keep ending back in the loop So I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I ve been reading through threads for information I don t have any of the original software for this cop I purchased it used a few years ago But I purchased a Knoppix and system rescue from same CO amp CDs off eBay Windows XP bit amp bit as I wasn t sure which was the one I might need But the were being sold as disks for this type of problem But when I put the bit in I changed the boot order first that that it could even be able to load but it said to use the bit disk So I tried the but nothing happened at all I m stumped Can anyone help me

A:lsass.exe Access Denied a process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights

Windows XP has reached end of life 2 years ago... It is an insecure Operating System and should no longer be used especially online.
The Dimension 2400 is weak hardware (Pentium 4 Processor, IDE hard drive, DDR RAM) from 2003! so 13 years old! Its not worthwhile running a modern Operating System on it and below minimum system requirements.
If on a budget you are best to buy a second hand OptiPlex 780 with a Windows 7 OEM license (which can be used for a free Windows 10 upgrade).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19680716
Relevancy 31.39%

ok i hope i finish this before my computer freezes agin. for about a week now this thing is running a little slow but not all the time. the freezing up seemed to start after i tried to run my virus scan. i have defender pro. every time i run the scan it will lock up about 1/5 th of the way through. then it stared just locking up when ever. i had restart like 6 times this morning to get it to start. i am updating my virus scan now. i have not put anything new on here in a long time so i don't think it is that. any ideas?

A:locking up!

Hi

I appreciate you may not be able to complete all of this, but do what you can to follow Microbell’s 5 step process here and then post your log in the HijackThis Forum.

Slow running PC and your AV acting up is suspicious - let us check you over.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-94406.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi I need help with this PC also System Info Intel P Ghz HT Gigabyte IG P-G Motherboard MB DDR Ram Intel G Onboard Display Onboard Sound Windows XP Pro SP We ve got an FTP server on it and also run a proxy on it to give other people internet access we have ADSL Here is the situation I use this pc during the day and it works fine sometimes I leave it doing nothing for hours or most of the day but I leave work at around and when I get in Up!? PC Locking Just the next morning I find the pc frozen Its still on but the monitor light is flickering and when I move the mouse as I usually do during the day to wake it up nothing works I ve also notices in the bandwith monitor that this basicly always happen between - and that it PC Just Locking Up!? does actually freeze Also the Power Settings is set to Always On So why would a PC freeze like this Any why not duing the day I m also sure than no from the office is touching it Hope someone can help me here or point me to possible causes Thanks Snowy nbsp

A:PC Just Locking Up!?

Check event log to see what happen, When a server (FTP) connect to internet, It increase the possible to Hang rather than standalone PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-just-locking-up.331960/
Relevancy 31.39%

Running Windows 7 on 32 bit machine. Had System Progressive Protection infection. Ran Malware bytes (was already installed) and think that I got rid of it ( probably a month ago). Starting Monday, IE 7 will not complete a connection to any external web site, it starts up and begins the connection (part of the addressed page appears) and then just seems to hang. The College uses IE and a GUI interface to connect to its Datatel student files, and I have no problem doing that. A week or so before I started having this problem with IE, everytime I started it I would get a popup from a different URL trying to sell me something. ( Tried to blockthem, added domains to restricted zone, a different site would be the source the next time.

How can I identify and correct the problem?

thanks

A:IE locking

Starting Monday, IE 7 will not complete a connection to any external web siteHello -A Windows7 computer should not be using I.E.7 any more - The browser should be I.E.9 now - Your system is not designed for I.E.7 any more, so please follow the liks below > >Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Do you get Windows Updates every month, and do you have Windows7 SP1 installed ?? If not please update to a minimum of I.E.8 (or I.E.9) and check your Service Pack (SP1) as this has been out for a long time -Update and Re-run a full scan with Malwarebytes and also SuperantiSpyware Free Post the logs back here when finished -Please list your normal installed Antivirus program, or do you just use the College default versions ??Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477600/ie-locking/
Relevancy 31.39%

Yo Ok i just put in a Intel celeron ghz motherboard and all that jazz the computer is running with a gig harddrive and megs of ram there is roughly gigs left on the HD I have just The os installed and a group latest XP critical updates installed the computer is taking a while after the quot windows XP quot black screen with the sliding bar at the bottom after that it goes black for a minute or so then comes up into the OS finally I log in as the user and then let the os do the rest once its done loading i go to open IE which is the only program used and it takes a while toload I go to open it again another instance and it does the same thing when im at a website and i go to add to favorites it locks up and starts to freak out Any idea s on some programs or something i could run that might tell me what i can do do make this issue stop The system is just randomly freezing I locking Xp up was static free and safe when i was installing the mobo so im really hoping that isnt the Xp locking up case nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I built my system Nov '02. I recently installed a RAID array with x2 120GB SATA drives.

On Friday night, I upgraded my AMD Athlon 2200+ to a 2700+, then on sunday I formatted my system drive, C:, and re-installed windows XP Pro. I have formatted several times before and had no probs at all.

Since Sunday, I have suffered with my system completely locking up and I have to reset the machine to get anywhere.

I'm doing diff things at the time, (playing a game, watching a vid clip, just surfing the web). It's never one thing in particular.

I dont think it's the new cpu cos it didnt start doing it till sunday. but then, if I knew what it was I'd fix it...
Anybody have any ideas?

A:XP Locking up

Check the CPU temperatures in the BIOS or find on Google.com and download MainBoard Monitor - it will tell you the temps.

Other things to check:
Is the CPU detected right? Right speed and all?
Does the motherboard support the 2700+ or does it need a BIOS update?
Is your RAM the right speed for the CPU? I think the 2700+ runs on the 333Mhz FSB (166 x 2) and the 2200+ would be a 266Mhz CPU. Is your RAM PC2700 (333Mhz)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-locking-up.184190/
Relevancy 31.39%

I m runnig on a Compaq presario I ve Locking up upgraded mem to meg insted of orig Locking up And use to have Win now have XP pro The question Issue is that from time to time intermittent the computer locks up no keyboard control no nothing screen freezes mouse cursor wont move etc Will do some times when login log off scrolling up-down on a page on Locking up AOL while using scrool arrows at side of screen and at other times when opening diff pages Happens all time while trying to enter Yahoos Pool Game computer will let me go to Yahoo com then I select Games then pool and all is ok at this point then when I Select an actuall room to play in it says loading applets might take mins after about min in middle of screen it will say loading text quot at that point my system locks up to the point I have to hold reset button on front of hard drive tower to restart computer This has been going on for years even under old op sys Win and before I installed xtra memory very frustrated by this thank you for any and all help you can throw my way Sawtek man nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I am having trouble with my computer locking up Suspiciously it seems to happen when I try to run my antivirus program I have McAfee and AVG or when I run my spyware program Talked to McAfee and they were up locking no help This is a desktop computer running Windows XP SP with a Pentium processor ghz mb ram All update have been done I have also updated my SiS utility tray since it has given me problems in the past I ran a Hijack this logfile Here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte locking up exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS htpatch exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files locking up Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files Keymaestro Onscreen Display OSD exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit D WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS system sistray EXE O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS system khooker exe O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS sisUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Keymaestro Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run Disk Monitor C Program Files IC Card Reader Driver v e Disk Monitor exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROG... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.525189/
Relevancy 31.39%

My Dell XPS with Windows Vista constantly locks up. I thought maybe it was McAfee causing the problem so I uninstalled it and installed Norton. The problem is still occuring. I even upgraded the ram from 2 gb to 4.

I turned off the Gadgets on the sidebar, run defrag, and reboot. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, whether I'm in Windows Mail, using IE7 or in a program.

I've read many posts regarding this but haven't found a resolution to my problem. If anyone has some new advice, I would love to hear it.

Thank you in advance.
Judy

A:Locking up

For starters, Mcafee or Norton..neither is a good choice. Norton is probably contributing to the problem at hand. It is probably the worse system hog in the bunch and draging your system way down. Not to mention the crappy detection you probably got a virus or a trojan. Scan with a good AV(not McAfee it sucks to). Avira, Avast or better then those would be NOD32.

Persistent locking up like this would drive me to a fresh install. Then add your programs one by one and see if a freeze happens after each one.

Trial and error Jubu, thats where your at. A driver or app is probably your problem.

Also try to find signs of any components heating up. Namely your video card or CPU. If you can find someone who has a PSU tester and see that your getting sufficent voltage.

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/130901-locking-up.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi! When I put a CD in my player, Windows Media player launches but locks up. Whatever more do you need to know, ask.

RAM : 224MB
Version of WMP : curent, fresh download
Other similar programs : Media Jukebox (unable to help)
Proc : AMD K-6/2 450 MHZ
CDROM : MITSUMI 32X
Real player NOT installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-locking-pc.38573/
Relevancy 31.39%

Guys I need help I just finished a new build of W7 on a AMD platform with ASUS CROSSHAIR VI with 1090T when I run WEI and get to the Direct3D 10 Alpha Blend Assessment it locks up the system is at stock setting please help...

I'm not familiar with AMD systems (do use ATI cards though) but have you updated the drivers for the video card?

Catalyst 10.9 software - ATI Radeon

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/113718-locking-up.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all wondered if someone could take a look at my HJL - just recently my pc has been acting weird - locking up and running slow - can u see any problems i run adaware - macafee - spybot - ewido and spywareblaster thx C DOCUME PHIL amp A LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - Pc Keeps Locking Up E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader Pc Keeps Locking Up ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO McAfee Privacy Service Popup Blocker - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO no name - - Pc Keeps Locking Up F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - HKLM Run MPSExe c PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe embedding O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix bigfix exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E D - DF- D - B A- C C A - http www lizardtech com download files win djvuplugin en US DjVuControl en US cab O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WgaLogon dll O - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF dll file missing O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service ewido anti-spyware guard - Anti-Malw... Read more

A:Pc Keeps Locking Up

Please post the entire log. This one is cut off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-keeps-locking-up.504786/
Relevancy 31.39%

For quite some time now my pc has been completely freezing and requiring a manual reboot for unknown reasons. Most times its due to having too many things running at one time, ie. media players, multiple internet explorer windows and games all running at the same time. Although, other times it locks up without much running at all. I can't pinpoint the problem so i've tried replacing various hardware parts like power supply, RAM and adding extra cooling parts like heatsinks and fans, in a desperate attempt to fix the problem. I've also tried updating system drivers and other software with no success.

Basically I have no idea what is causing my computer to lock up and any advice what be appreciated.

Relevancy 31.39%

I have a new PC that i bought in a bundle that was suppose to be a good deal haha The PC locks up or freezes under a load I first try to install XP pro many times getting a lock up half way through install I have install locking up PC mandrake fine amp running Windows pro for the PC locking up third time Wont even allow a ungrade to XP I added new fan to processor a PC card fan amp a case fan This brought my temp from down to - thats not hot right Here is a list of my stats any ideas or hints would be great THANKS Windows pro CPU Properties CPU PC locking up Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x CPU Alias Palomino CPU Stepping A L Code Cache KB L Data Cache KB L Cache KB On-Die Full-Speed CPU Physical Info Package Type Pin PGA Package Size cm x cm Transistors million Process Technology Mi um CMOS Cu Die Size mm Core Voltage V I O Voltage V Typical Power - W depending on clock speed Maximum Power - W depending on clock speed CPU Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc CPU Utilization CPU CPUID Properties CPUID Manufacturer AuthenticAMD CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon tm XP CPUID Revision h Extended CPUID Revision h Platform ID CBh Socket A IA CPU Serial Number Unknown Instruction Set AMD DNow Supported AMD DNow Professional Supported AMD Enhanced DNow Supported AMD Extended MMX Supported AMD Not Supported Cyrix Extended MMX Not Supported IA- Not Supported IA MMX Supported IA SSE Supported IA SSE Not Supported IA SSE Not Supported CLFLUSH Instruction Not Supported CMPXCHG B Instruction Supported Conditional Move Instruction Supported FEMMS Instruction Not Supported MONITOR MWAIT Instruction Not Supported CPUID Features -bit Page Size Extension Supported Advanced Cryptography Engine Not Supported Alternate Instruction Set Not Supported Automatic Clock Control Not Supported CPL Qualified Debug Store Not Supported Debug Trace Store Not Supported Debugging Extension Supported Enhanced SpeedStep Technology Not Supported Fast Save amp Restore Supported Fast System Call Supported Hyper-Threading Technology Not Supported L Context ID Not Supported Local APIC On Chip Not Supported LongRun Not Supported LongRun Table Interface Not Supported Machine-Check Architecture Supported Machine-Check Exception Supported Memory Type Range Registers Supported Model Specific Registers Supported Page Attribute Table Supported Page Global Extension Supported Page Size Extension Supported Pending Break Event Not Supported Physical Address Extension Supported Processor Duty Cycle Control Not Supported Processor Serial Number Not Supported Random Number Generator Not Supported Self-Snoop Not Supported Thermal Monitor Not Supported Thermal Monitor Not Supported Time Stamp Counter Supported Virtual Mode Extension Supported Enhanced Power Management Frequency ID Control Not Supported Software Thermal Control Not Supported Temperature Sensing Diode Supported Thermal Monitoring Not Supported Thermal Trip Not Supported Voltage ID Control Not Supported Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID - - B- A LNS AC- Motherboard Name Soyo K VEM Pro Front Side Bus Properties Bus Type DEC Alpha EV Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Memory Bus Properties Bus Type SDR SDRAM Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Chipset Bus Properties Bus Type PCI Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth MB s Motherboard Physical Info CPU Sockets Slots Expansion Slots ISA PCI RAM Slots DIMM Integrated Devices Audio Video LAN Form Factor Micro ATX Motherboard Size mm x mm Motherboard Chipset KLE Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Swap Space Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization Virtual Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization nbsp

A:PC locking up

Uhh, isn't 267 a little odd of a # for a clock? Shouldn't it be 133x11.5? Perhaps the setting you're using is causing your instability..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-locking-up.9978/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer locks on shutting down please wait. It stays on that screen. I have to hold in the power button to turn it off. The only thing I did was update video drivers from nvidia and install farcry2. Please help!

A:locking up

Hi correct Video drivers from Nvidia??
Uninstall farcry2 and see if that helps.
Check.
Xp-Shutdown.
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.762366/
Relevancy 31.39%

I hope this is the right forum for what is happening My computer is locking up every now and then I have done a defrag and up? locking cleared the history The only way to get the computer to run is to unplug and restart Here is a HJT log If this is the wrong forum please direct me to the proper one Thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE locking up? issch exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files NoAdware NoAdware exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywaybiz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mycopper net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C ... Read more

A:locking up?

Instead of unplugging the machine try holding down the power button for 20 seconds or so and it should shut off.
Go out to the Dell site and download hard drive diagnostics to eliminate the possibility of disk problems.
Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - "Startup" tab. Remove the checkmark from:

igfxtray igfxtray.exe

igfxhkcmd hkcmd.exe

igfxpers igfxpers.exe

SunJavaUpdateSched jusched.exe

QuickTime Task qttask.exe

ISUSPM Startup isuspm.exe

ISUSScheduler issch.exe

Click Apply - OK afterwards, then reboot. When the SCU window appears during reboot, ignore the message. Place a checkmark in the window, then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.540777/
Relevancy 31.39%

lately i've been locking up alot when i try to play a game, run scandisk or i'm booting up for the first time. i've never had this problem until recently and i have no idea what is wrong. if anyone has any suggestions as to what is wrong, please let me know.

Relevancy 31.39%

I have Vista home edition with my account with admin rights and kids as standard user. When I went to shutdown it did not shut down correctly. It now says user logged on, when i click the pic to go in it but automatically closes saying user locked. back to the screen where you are able to choose what account you want to got to the kids account if fine as normal. any suggestions

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177532-keeps-locking-out.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have installed Win 10(32Bit) on ProDesk 400 G2.5 Small Form Factor machine.   Machine keeps locking - up - only solution is to reboot. I suspected that I may have incorrect Bios or Drivers, on checking HP site I can find no Drivers for machine running 32 bit!!!! Please advise. Thanks  Tony

A:PC Keeps Locking!!!

Hi: See if installing the chipset driver directly from Intel resolves the problem.  The 2nd file down on the left is the auto install file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?pr... Did W10 install the intel graphics driver for you?  If not, that could also be a problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-Keeps-Locking/td-p/5768142
Relevancy 31.39%

i have installed an upgrade of window 7 from xp. all works fine until i have the computer on overnight and then i try to start up the system out of energy conserve mode(black screen). i get the circle going around and around but never gets out of this mode. any ideas?

Quote: Originally Posted by gazoo

i have installed an upgrade of window 7 from xp. all works fine until i have the computer on overnight and then i try to start up the system out of energy conserve mode(black screen). i get the circle going around and around but never gets out of this mode. any ideas?

Could be many things. we need to know about your computer, about your network, any error messages, what event viewer says, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85453-locking-up.html
Relevancy 31.39%

yes i have a w2k operating system .everything mortherboard, cpu ,hard drive,and memory is new . i just installed windows 2000 and downloaded all the hotfix updates that need . now when i start up my system it locks up .i cannot do anything ( including alt,ctrl,& delete) .it was working fine up untill the updates sometimes it well let me get to my desktop sometimes not but that is it. please help.
ps tryed reinstalling windows about 3 times now and the same thing happens

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-locking-up.363474/
Relevancy 31.39%

i have a computer running win2k which i just re-installed. but even before the re-installation, it's been locking up automatically almost everytime i start it up. Trying to zero in on what hardware part is causing the probelm. The symptoms are:

-restarts
-locks up at random (POST, login, windows, etc.)
-clicks (1 long, 2 short beeps)
-sounds like the fan is struggling when the computer powers on
-smells like something burnt

Ran Western Digital Diagnostics on the WD C400 hard drive and it passed the test. I have a customized computer which was working fine for a a year until now.

Any hints would be helpful.

A:PC Locking Up

It could be the Power Supply going out. I would definitely find out where the Burnt Smell is coming from. As that could be the component causing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.549186/
Relevancy 31.39%

I posted on another thread about wanting to remove roxio cause I was having issues with svchost.exe . Was suggested I use Revo Uninstaller which I did but i think I deleted something out of my registry i shouldn't have.

PC now is locking up solid when I try and do things and SVCHOST.EXE is still using all my cpu power. I just reinstalled windows a week ago due to some other issues.

I got help with another issue here from neo who was very helpful and ran a scan on my pc and fixed whatever was wrong.

can you give me something to run a scan and fix this plz.

I really could use someones help I dont want to keep reinstalling windows

A:PC Locking Up Please Help!!!

Download and run Process Explorer. Locate the offending SVCHOST.EXE process and right-click on it. Then, select Properties and you'll see to which Services the process is related to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up-please-help.884288/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer has been locking up lately, today.. My dad was using facebook and my computer locked up, I had to do a hardboot, and start back up again, and now before I posted this forum.... about 10 minutes ago, My computer locked up for 2 minutes and I waited.. Once it came out of it... it resumes... I was playing a game... It seems as if my computer has trouble processing and multi-tasking. Its annoying...

There are no viruses on my computer, Norton checks all the time, and I have Malwarebytes And no viruses, I did a Chkdsk /f in the command line? So Now What? It did not do this before.. I ave not updated in hardware.

And it did it again... I have my harddrive Defragmented..

A:Locking UP! D;

It is actually conceivably possible that norton is giving you the trouble.
Easy enough to check though, just disable it for a bit and see if the problem still happens with norton off/on snooze.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169828-locking-up-d.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi All I have a problem with my PC locking up It can happen at any point during use but is most frequent when starting up and shortley after all though as stated it can happen at any point This is a long time problem that is gradually worsening I dont really have much information to offer I have no warning that is is about to do this When the PC freezes my hard drive light is at first still flashing away to indicate that it is working then it stops dead Sound turns to a rapid echo The only way out of this is to hit the restet button I cant get task manager up move the curser or do anything else my screen just freezes I seem to have days where my PC will require from to resets and then will function normally then I can have days where the problem is so bad I want to throw it out the window All ready tried formating the C Drive reinstalling windows this had no efect I use Avira anti virus which detects no problems Spybot S amp D only ever picks up one cookie right media I think its called This Up Locking PC weekend my husband tested the memory test left running over night and the hard drive the following day The memory test showed nothing Nor did the hard drive tests There is a problem with s m a r t he disabled this temporarily but this also made no difference So I was talking PC Locking Up to a friend saying I was going to do a full format and start totally from scratch not using any backed up files what so ever I dread doing this as I know how long this would take He reccomended PC Locking Up I try some new software to check for malware This was his reccomended list Combofix I didnt use this as your site says not to unless told to PC Locking Up by a Helper Malwarebytes Showed up nothing Superantispyware found lots of tracking cookies which I removed So thats about it If there is any more information about my system you require please ask Thanks in advance for any help TeeDee

Boot to safe mode and see if the problem occurs there please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380596/pc-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Ok this is my first time here Ive used all PC know-how I have to solve this problem yet my computer will still not work properly My problem is my PC locks up completely about every hour or so Sometimes right when I boot it other times after - hours of gaming I have taken the ram out and replaced it with ram from a working box I have swapped video cards with another machine The hard drive has been swapped with a working one up Help PC locking with and windows reinatalled on it times now I have all the hot fixes from ms and there is no Help with PC locking up virus on this machine The temperature of my processor is a cool - degrees depending on the load I have installed the latest drivers for the mobo video card sound card and lan both of which are integrated What am i missing Or if anyone has this mobo and has had a similar problem could you please give me some advice Im about to scrape this stupid thing and buy a new one something I cant afford for a few more months Thank you all in advance hopefully someone can shed some light on this If there is more info I can give you let me know Specs Soyo k dragon mobo w xp -integrated sound lan mb mhz ddr ram GB Seagate PNY Geforce ti mg windows xp pro nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I recently built a new PC which was running fine up until a few days ago. Now I'm having a problem where it will boot through the XP start up screen, but then locks up and switches to an all black screen, a grey screen with random vertical lines or (more commonly) a blue screen with diagonal lines. This happens on start up a lot, but some times it will happen after it has started and seems to be running as normal. I've checked the hard drive health and everything appears to be normal. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Keeps locking up

Sounds like video prob of some kind. Either monitor/screen or video adapter.
Must be a desktop so swap monitors/screens and verify or eliminate that source.
Then go for the video adapter. Reseat the card and check all connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keeps-locking-up.714943/
Relevancy 31.39%

I built myself a new PC a few months ago. It's been working fine in general until about a month ago, when one day, during startup, the PC just locked up. I thought that it was a virus or something like that, so I formatted the computer and reinstalled Windows XP. As it turned out, however, the problem didn't go away. Now, occasionally even when doing something as simple as surfing Firefox results in either the computer stuttering or locking up. I'm beginning to suspect that my RAM is dying. Could it be the RAM, or something else?

I'm sure it's not a loose cable or something like that, because the computer was working fine the day before it started going apesh!t. And my temps are well-within optimal ranges, with the HD running at around 30C, the CPU at 35C/48-50C at idle/load.

I'll try to test the memory again, because the PC crashed when I attempted the first time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-locking-up.104764/
Relevancy 31.39%

Everytime i try and run program it proceeds fine than after about 20 minutes, it locks up and I have to restart??? Meanwhile it has located several pieces of
spyware, but i can never finish to erase!!! Is there any way to pause and delete functions along the way? or any suggestion that might help me prevent from "locking up"?even happens in Safe mode????
Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Locking up!

I'm going to borrow the following from another Moderator (Rimmer). If you are not having any luck with the MS Anti-Spyware then I suggest you try another (or a few other) programs.Do you have any other anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Ad-Aware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de/There is a tutorial on how to run this here: Ad-Aware TutorialSpybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=downloadThere is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpyBot S&D TutorialSpywareBlaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.htmlThere is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpywareBlaster TutorialA-squared complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. It is free for private use but registration is required. Download it from here: a-squared.These are best run in Safe Mode.Failing that, after you run those programs, I suggest you submit a HiJack This Log for our team to look at. See How to submit a Hijackthis Log for instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23080/locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,

My computer is locking up all the time and then the only thing that I can do is pressing the reset button to restart the computer! I'm having this problem since last two months or so. Sometimes it locks up after an hour, sometimes after 2hours, 3hours it's never the same. Today it locked up after 6hours! And when I pressed the reset button and started again it locked up after few seconds and repeated this problem for five times every few seconds. I'm really having a nightmare! I don't know from where I'm starting to solve this problem, so any help is very welcome. The only thing that I've done is that I have uninstalled two programs that I have installed last two months, but with no success.

System:

Windows XP SP1
PentiumIII
1.00GHz
256RAM

Many thanks in advance.

Relevancy 31.39%

Sabertooth fx990 r2.0

4 gigs dual channel

Amd fx9095

Watercooling h55

Psu 650

Gpu 750 ti overclock version

Anytime im on chrome or firfox for about 20 min my pc will lock up having to reboot pc alt delete dont work will post pics of my bios

A:Please help.....pc locking

What is the exact make and model of the PSU?

What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64bit?

Does the problem only occur when using Google Chrome or Firefox, or does it happen at other times?

Are all your drivers fully patched and up to date?

Download and install Asus PC Probe II (available through your motherboard support page), use that and provide the temps and voltages of the system when sat at the desktop in Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-pc-locking.1131141/
Relevancy 31.39%

In windows 2000 professional you were able to lock your computer with "control/alt/del and then choose lock the computer. Does windows xp have this anywhere?

You can press the Windows Key and 'L', and it will take you to the password screen where you log on. (As long as you've set a password on your user account.)

It will leave your programs and process' running also.
Owen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.216472/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer is locking up. I have tried a restore point from when it was last working well but still have the same problem. Shortly after the computer restarts and loads programs it will lock up. Had a hard time getting to system restore because cant do much of anything without it locking up. Where do I start?

Relevancy 31.39%

Trying to work on a machine while the user is not here One of those who insists he Log HJT Locking Up quot doesn t need to know quot all that stuff then expects me to fix it in a few minutes I m certain a lot of excess junk is running please take a look Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES PWRCHUTE UPS EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO GOBACK GBPOLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGAMSVR EXE HJT Log Locking Up c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS HJT Log Locking Up SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PROMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES IOMEGA DRIVEICONS IMGICON EXE C PROGRAM FILES D D EXE C PROGRAM FILES PWRCHUTE ICONCLNT EXE C PROGRAM FILES HJT Log Locking Up GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES BILLP STUDIOS WINPATROL WINPATROL EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C PROGRAM FILES VITALSIGNS NET MEDIC PROGRAM NETMEDIC EXE C PROGRAM FILES ROXIO GOBACK GBTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES FSSCRCTL EXE C PROGRAM FILES IOMEGA QUIK SYNC QUIKSYNCII EXE C PROGRAM FILES VITALSIGNS NET MEDIC PROGRAM SYSHOOK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES HJT HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com ext gw home html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com ext gw home html O - BHO no name - E E -D E- D -AD - E C F - C PROGRA FRESHD FRESHD FDCATCH DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINDOWS GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run Dimension C PROGRAM FILES D D EXE O - HKLM Run ICONCLNT C Program Files Pwrchute iconclnt exe O - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate c windows SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startup O - HKLM Run GRA C Cabs grainstall GRA exe O - HKLM Run NPROTECT c Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities nprotect exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG RegCleaner C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGREGCL EXE BOOT O - HKLM Run mdac runonce C WINDOWS SYSTEM runonce exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run WinPatrol quot C PROGRA BILLPS WINPAT WinPatrol exe quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices UPS C Program Files Pwrchute ups exe O - HKLM RunServices GoBack Polling Service C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe O - HKLM RunServices CSINJECT EXE c Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep CSINJECT EXE O - HKLM RunServices NPROTECT c Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities nprotect exe O - HKLM RunServices avgamsvr exe C PROGRA GRISOFT AVG AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM RunServices KB c windows SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKLM RunServices Tr... Read more

Relevancy 31.39%

My pc locks up. Could this be due to an older graphics card:

Video-67-Pro V6.45 updated to a higher update being applied to a newer motherboard
AMD Athlon 1.3mghz prossecor
128mb ram?

I also am having a problem in that some/not all url's do not click thru.

"I also am having a problem in that some/not all url's do not click thru."

Well this part is a software problem, and maybe linked to the other problem.

What motherboard do you have?

Please do the following:

To check for a virus please visit one of the following sites for a free online virus scan. Even if you a virus scanner installed, this one gives you a second opinion, and it will be up-to-date which yours might not be.

Symantec:
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?j=1&langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=TBOWYHGBYNCJEIMXQKC

Trend Micro:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

If you do not currently have and antivirus program install you can try AVG from www.grisoft.com it is free.

In IE go to Tools -> Internet Options -> and delete Files and Cookies.

To check for and remove any Spyware or Adware that may be installed on your machine, download and install Adaware and Spybot. Then update each program before scanning. Fix ALL problems found by either of the programs. You may need to reboot and have the scan run at startup. Run it again to make sure all components have been removed. There is also an Immunize in feature in Spybot that should be enabled to protect against some installations of Adware/Spyware.

Adaware and Spybot:
http://spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=sp#det
OR
www.downloads.com

Then post a Hijack This Log to have someone analysis it for further cleaning/recommendations.

Hijack This:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
OR
www.downloads.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.251775/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I right click on my desktop my PC will lock up. I get the hourglass pointer and then I can't click on anything else. I have to manually shut the PC off and start it up again to run it.

Running Windows XP

Are there any error messages? And could you give some system spec's on your computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.480433/
Relevancy 31.39%

why does windows 7 ultimate x64 (not sure if other versions have this issue) lock files after they are deleted thus making overwriting impossible for what seems to be a huge amount of time until system decides its ok to stop being a worthless piece of?

is there seriously anyway to fix this? permissions don't help, "running as admin" is a joke
why the hell does it do this???

A:w7 locking

How is it possible to lock a file AFTER it has been deleted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152106-w7-locking.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey, i am new and i thought of asking here because i do see some genius here anyways, i have a laptop and i try to login and it logs me off back automatically i heard that it has something to do with rinit or something

and other thing that my laptop i dropped it on floor so ummm my D Drive wont work either.

Help ;)

Thanks,
Kush

Userinit

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/peboot.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-458688.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I just installed a new motherboard and p4 1.5 cpu. All runs well on windows me almost. My screen freezes everytime I try to do something. It may take 5 mins or it may take 30 mins. I have test everything from the mouse to the cpu. Reformatted the HD and started all over....no luck. Any ideas?

Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Creative Zen M with a GB HDD I use it constantly as a portable HDD and to listen to my tunes on long bike rides I ve plugged it into at least different PC s and each one with XP recognises it AOL out locking USB mounts it and lets me transfer files None of those PC s had AOL installed Recently I tried to use it on two PC s with AOL latest version and neither of them would recognise the device displaying the message that it is either a quot unknown device quot or that it is non-functional It still lists it as an quot unknown device quot in the Device Manager Then I tried it on a laptop with a wireless transmitter AOL locking out USB built in and every time I plugged it in AOL would begin dialing I could AOL locking out USB hear the tones in the laptop s speakers and trying to boot up AOL Since it wasn t plugged in the attempt was for naught but to infuriate me more I believe that AOL AOL locking out USB in cohorts with iTunes has locked into the USB port either to ensure that any portable MP type device is manipulated through AOL and iTunes or AOL has a security feature that inhibits the use of USB storage devices Or maybe there is another reason I can t fathom but I m sure that you guys here on this forum can help me to figure this out I can t be the only one experiencing this wacky problem nbsp

A:AOL locking out USB

Wouldn't surprise me and why do you think they sometimes call AOL America Off Line?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-locking-out-usb.557230/
Relevancy 31.39%

My PC has been locking up Sometimes it runs smoothly but then programs will begin PC locking up to hang and Task Manager will have to be used to close them This happens especially with IE when several windows are open It takes awhile PC locking up for the programs to close and when they do they close slowly i e they slowly scroll down the monitor Also some programs may take a minute or more to load It also takes awhile for the PC to shut down and reboot I have Norton Adaware and Spybot installed and have ran them all with no success I also installed and ran AVG spyware but uninstalled it when the scan was completed It should be noted that I recently performed a complete reformat and installed updated drivers and firmware Any help would be appreciated Win XP home PC locking up SP P processor RAM gig hd DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run PC locking up by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Norton Internet Worm Protection enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxctcoms exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP DVD Umbrella DVDTray exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxctmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO b de- c - bf-b b- b f a e - c program files microsoft money system mnyside dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO CNavExtBho Class bdf e -b - ad-a -fadc b - c program files norton systemworks norton antivirus NavShExt dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c ... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216252/pc-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Help locking pc up keeps hope you guys can help my pc keeps locking up but only when i am conneted to the internet this happens with ie and netscape so don t think its a browser problem When i am offline everthing is fine this all started since i put a new proccessor in my machine the crash can occur at any time between minutes and hours on any website i have formattted my drive and reinstalled operating system and updates but same thing still happens the only thing i can think of that it might be is that perhaps i may have damaged the modem static while installing the proccessor i have reseated the modem Help pc keeps locking up and memory and tested offline running farcry for about hours had no problems at all as soon as i go on Help pc keeps locking up the web after minutes it locked up incidently it can also lock up when the brouser Help pc keeps locking up is closed but a connection is open specs xp proffesional fully updated athlon mb ram geforce mb k internal modem i was thinking of replacing the modem but before i start throwing money at it thought i would ask you guys please hepl if you can nbsp

A:Help pc keeps locking up

well thanks for all your help!

changed the modem all ok now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-pc-keeps-locking-up.244809/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer has been locking up randomdly in windows xp.. i have reformated my harddrive into NTFS, ran spybot, adware, virus scans of all types.. finding nothing that is bad enough to cause this I don't believe.. the only thing i have changed was my memory.. added another 512 2700 333 DDR stick and upgraded from radeon 7500 to GeForce FX 5600.. at first I thought it might be heat.. but my CPU is running around 32c.. and i have two fans attachted to my harddrive.. i noticed that my power supply is only at 250 watts.. im running a p4 2400.. could it be that thats causing these random lock ups.. mostly well playing a game.. but at other times where its just patching.. not sure as to what is wrong... pls help!

A:locking up

Test the memory with this http://www.memtest86.com/
It?s best to use matched memory.

Up-rate the power supply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-up-9313.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a new laptop that will freeze up at random, when on-line. I can't move pointer, and have to restart manually. This anomoly happens frequently, maybe some days, it will not happen at all. I use a verizon wireless pc card, and it works flawlessly on my old laptop.

A:"locking Up"

can you connect by any other means? Find somewhere to use a LAN connection and see if the behavior continues. If not, try updating the drivers for the Verizon card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86038/locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Can anyone tell me a good reg hack to stop users from accsessing UNC's from Internet explorer.

I have every aspect of the server locked down but I still don't want users to go to the address bar and type. "\\someservername\dir"

Thanks all

A:Locking down IE

I use a program called Tweak Manager, it's a shareware version but the evaluation version does quite a bit. It might be what you are looking for. Do a Google for it. Downside, if someone goes to the Control Manger and clicks Tweak Manger, they can disable anything they want. I don't know if the PAID version is password protected or not. FYI

oops, I saw that what you really need is a reg hack. sorry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-down-ie.210596/
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: locking

Hi,
Im having a Lenovo laptop with the Windows XP OS installed in it.Firstly, Im unable to lock the system i.e if I try Control + Alt + Delete, the cursor automatically goes to the top left corner & I get the small window for closing the screen.
Secondly, the Omnipass tool of finger printing was also installed in the system.Now, since my brother had got it for me, He has his finger printing to be recognized.Now, if I want my finger to be recognised, howw do I do it so that I do not need to depend on him?
Thanks,
cali

A:locking

Hi, Sorry, but one of our TSG Admins had already answered you back last month!

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/526951-finger-printing.html#post4259612

AcaCandy said:

Um, if you could just disable it that easily, why have it. Sorry, but we can't help you that. Someone put it there for a reason. We have no way of telling if the laptop is stolen, etc.

Good luck, but I must close the thread.Click to expand...

I hope you understand why we cannot help with what you are asking. This is your 3rd post about this, one was simply Closed as a duplicate by a Moderator, then the one Candy replied to, and now this one.

You can email or PM either of the Admins (Cookiegal or AcaCandy) and ask for assistance, but you won't probably get any just posting in the forums.
For one, someone may post invalid or even dangerous hacks or cracks that will damage the computer>
Two, we cannot have posted in the forums ANY ways to get around security features like FingerPrint access.

You'd probably be better off asking Lenovo for help, I do believe if you and brother can show that you or he...
are the legitimate owners of the computer they will help you. Might have to go through the maker of the
FingerPrint security as well, I can't say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking.533301/
Relevancy 31.39%

Running XP Pro SP here is my situation If I try to access my D drive or do XP up locking any system activities add remove progams etc or download a file from the XP locking up net the computer locks up To be more specific if I was opening the D drive I see quot My Computer not responding quot If I try to close the program from task manager everything goes away and all I see is my wallpaper I can still move between any windows that were previously open but nothing else I also cannot shut the system down It gets stuck at the quot windows is shutting down quot screen and stays there forever At first I thought it might be a hard drive problem but I can boot in Safe Mode and Diagnostic Mode and everything is fine I decided that I probably had a virus or one of my programs was causing the errors so I whipped out my system restore disc and reset to factory settings to start over but the problem is still there Normal start-up is bugged Safe and Diagnostic Modes are fine Please help if you can this is very frustrating Thanks Scott

A:XP locking up

Hi Scott and welcome to TSF !

Could be some hardware problem if a reinstall didn't solve it. What's your hard drive brand and model ? Find the corresponding diagnostics utility here, create the boot floppy or CD and check your hard drive for errors. While you're at it, tell us more about your system specs (see the link in my sig about posting system specs).

Once that's done, start in safe mode and run (start => run) chkdsk x: /F /R where x is the volume letter of your drive. Answer no if it asks to unmount the drive, then yes to schedule the scan at next restart. Do that for each of your HDD drives if there's more than one.

Check the event log : start => run => eventvwr.msc. See if there are errors or warnings in the different sections (system, application, security)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-locking-up-163750.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

Need some help here. When ever I log onto my system it locks up. I ran Ewido last night and it cleaned 33 items off, Im still having the problem. Its like there is a program conflicting with another or somethiing.

Can someone give me some help. Thanks

Install and run HiJackThis and post a copy of the log here and an expert will advise you what to remove.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-up.433864/
Relevancy 31.39%

My SP version up XP SP3 Locking of XP Home Edition has been locking up tonight It would completely XP SP3 Locking up freeze the PC in as little as minutes during AV scans and while quarantine-ing infected files I found this site from looking up Re-formatting XP SP I play WoW on this PC as well as do personal business here my spouse and kids use this PC as well so there's no telling what may have been downloaded on here I have included all the required steps as follows DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by David at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService XP SP3 Locking up exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files XP SP3 Locking up Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Saitek Software Profiler exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiSmart exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Beta firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings David My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c progra micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun CTSysVol c program files creative sb live -bit surround mixer CTSysVol exe r mRun UpdReg c windows UpdReg EXE mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Profiler c program files saitek software Profiler exe mRun SaiSmart c program files saitek software SaiSmart exe mRun SpybotSnD quot c program files spybot - search amp destroy SpybotSD exe quot autoclose mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun EvtMgr c program files logitech setpointp SetPoint exe launchGaming mRun P Helper Rundll P dll P Helper mRun BCSSync quot c program files microsoft office office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices mRun avast c progra alwils avast avastUI exe nogui mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquiet StartupFolder c docume david startm programs startup openof l... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/xp-sp3-locking-up-531669.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I've got a pc with a asrock p4vm890 mother board and a palit 7300gs graphics card, and the thing just locks up randomly. I have installed the latest drivers, but it still locks up whether i'm on the internet or playing games. It did it last night after only a few mins of being switched on. Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/locking-up.76031/
Relevancy 31.39%

I brought my Pc home from university and set it up Up PC Locking again The first time I had it on it worked for about an hour I downloaded the latest anti-virus update windows updates and graphics drivers and applied them all then turned it off Later when I turned it on the computer locked up after about minutes The mouse and keyboard were completely unresponsive and I PC Locking Up couldn t hear any HDD activity I restarted but within a minute of getting back into Windows it did the same thing Restarted again and got the same thing so I turned it off for a while Back on later and it lasted another few minutes then crashed Again on rebooting it died it PC Locking Up almost straight away so it seems to last longer if I leave it off for longer It s in quite a hot room and we have really hot weather here in the UK at the moment so I ve checked temperatures when it is on and it s running at around System Degrees C CPU Degrees C When I got this system I ran it for more than a year in a different case at hotter than these temperatures and it never crashed It s also been perfectly stable at University before I brought it home It s difficult to test now because it crashes almost too quickly to do anything useful System Details AMD Athlon XP clocked at GHz with a fan on it VIA Mobo I forget the exact model but I can find it if needed Connect D Radeon Pro MB Windows XP Home SP Logitech USB Mouse Some random old PS keyboard Philps Monitor on DVI Any ideas Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

My main pc is running XP mostly, and has started locking up while using different applications. I have watched it with Task Manager and Process Explorer and I don't see anything out of the ordinary running. So far I have watched Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, Nod32 and Sonicstage omg .. lock up while in use.

Is there some way to set up a log file that will tell me what is happening when XP locks up. I would like to have more info on the reason for the problem.

I can reinstall but I would really like to understand what is going on. This has never happened to me before.

A:XP is Locking Up, Why?

number2 said:

My main pc is running XP mostly, and has started locking up while using different applications. I have watched it with Task Manager and Process Explorer and I don't see anything out of the ordinary running. So far I have watched Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, Nod32 and Sonicstage omg .. lock up while in use.

Is there some way to set up a log file that will tell me what is happening when XP locks up. I would like to have more info on the reason for the problem.

I can reinstall but I would really like to understand what is going on. This has never happened to me before.Click to expand...

Go to 'start', 'run', and type in eventvwr.msc and enter.
See what has happened lately..If you click on applications, then it will give you a summary of the last few days...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-is-locking-up-why.672334/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello everyone I am locking PC up. keeps having an issue with my computer locking up at random times I m not PC keeps locking up. sure If I m in the right Forum or not so please if I am making a mistake please let me know Here is my HiJackThis file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PC keeps locking up. AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes E Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - E Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - E Program Files x Java bin jp ssv dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - E Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files x Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKCU Run Steam quot E Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run DevconDefaultDB C Windows system READREG SILENT FAIL User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Ru... Read more

A:PC keeps locking up.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363959/pc-keeps-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

Can someone please help I have a Compaq laptop on XP that is up to date I have been using DSL for a couple of years and am now on vacation so I switched to dial-up I had my firewall turned off because I used a router at home I have Norton System Works which is also up to date I up locking pc ve run a full system scan When I first went online using the dial up I noticed pc locking up the PC would hang up while on the net and anything I tried to do such as Outlook email from a web page it would show an hour glass for about seconds and then not go to Outlook or anything else I clicked on It would change web pages When I disconnected the modem everything would pop up that I had tried to do while online There wasn t any extra activity on the modem when it was idle Last night I was unable to logoff or power down so I held the power button to turn it off Now when it boots up it says Windows can not load your profile because it may be corrupted It then continues to load with a basic Compaq background and several icons missing on the desktop If I click on Itunes it starts as if it were my first time and all the songs are gone Microsoft word is missing both on the desktop and in All Programs but I can find the docs by searching If I click on one it loads Word as if for the first time I ve run System works and the disk routine If found no bad sectors and only some memory that was lost I ve run a full system scan with Norton Antivirus and it was clean I went to Symantec and ran the Kama Sutra removal tool but it said the worm was not present Outlook starts but all my contacts and emails are missing and it also acts as if it were the first time All my cookies are gone All my photos are gone They are there but the link to my pictures doesn t find any of my photos Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:pc locking up

Though your profile got corrupted there should still be files on your machine.

Check here -

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Favorites
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents

Make sure substitute username with all of the different folders under C:\Documents and Settings until you find the one that has all your old information.

Then you will want to copy this information from the corrupted profile to the new working one. You will have to resret alot of your settings I.E. Outlook, views, and things like that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-locking-up.440987/
Relevancy 31.39%

Ever since I installed Service Pack 3 about once a day my PC will lock up and I have to hard restart. I would say it has something to do with Firefox b/c I always have Firefox open when it happens but I have Firefox open the majority of the time so that might be a coincidence.

Also, a couple of times this has happened after I restart and load up Firefox again I have gotten a message saying that my foxmarks is missing a bunch of bookmarks and would l like to synchronize even though I am not missing any bookmarks. This has only happened a couple of times though so again may be incidental.

Anyone else have this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

A:Xp Sp3 Locking Up My Pc

Are you using Norton/Symantec products on your system? There's some known issues with them and SP3.Also, here's a link to further SP3 info here at BC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146857/windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3-information/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151497/xp-sp3-locking-up-my-pc/
Relevancy 31.39%

While working in MS Office 2003 on a Windows XP computer, your system locks up or is unable to perform desired functions. What might help resolve this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-locking-up-250490.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I have windows xp home and I am having a problem with my pc locking up constantly I am always using cntr alt delete to free it up I have a dell intel pentium 4cpu 2.53 ghz 1gig memory 300gig hd I have plenty of space the pc seems to run ok except for the freeze ups I am a rookie on the computer so any advice would be appreciated thanks, matsui 55

Relevancy 31.39%

I m building my dad a new PC for Christmas as his current Dell is a mess Although he s reasonably tech savvy he doesn t have the in depth knowledge to understand the implications of certain things For example he might understand that he needs to download a driver or plugin for something to work but he might not realise he needs to use Locking down XP a trustworthy source to avoid downloading malicious software He s also pretty careless usually next gt next gt next gt ok and doesn t really pay attention to important messages He s also not got to grips with data Locking down XP storage Most of his files are stored all over the place in My Documents the root and desktop He also downloads and installs little apps to try something out which clogs up the system leaving the computer struggling for breath I d like to avoid his new computer getting in this state so have been researching ways of limiting what can he can do However he won t like being locked down and will view it as me trying to control him which I suppose I am but I don t think without educating him which won t happen because he s quite stubborn I can take away his user freedom Can anyone recommend any good tools or approaches I can take to guard against his new computer becoming bloated with useless apps malware and chaotic file structures I ve been trying out MS Steadystate but not sure if this is quite as flexible as I d like I m probably looking at limited user account but giving him the admin password unless anyone has a better idea

A:Locking down XP

Why not get a copy of Acronis True Image LINK and when you have installed the operating system and all your software including windows up dates then make an image of it all and then let your father do his worst and when it gets too bad recover the image you have made and your back to a clean system that you started with.

What is wrong with the Dell does it just need a reinstall or is it getting a bit old?

Edit: You can also make a separate partition (D: drive) and move your My Documents there and only make an image of your C:drive so that when you recover your image your data is still there I also have a separate partition for my images and leave them untouched I guess you could format this partition to a Linux partition (ext3) that way he wouldn't see it. I haven't tried this but I guess it would work. Acronis Disk director is good for playing with partitions. (I'm talking about three partitions that's what I always do though I have had no need to try the linux thing)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locking-down-xp-443789.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Recently I would say for the past four days inclusive it s been my experience that half of the time I try to do something in a program especially when running multiple that it will lock up for some seconds before functioning again It affects different programs differently but essentially I can t input Programs Locking up anything the Not Responding tag appears audio video may lock up or become silent if relevant This makes everything take much longer than it should and makes watching videos and playing music almost impossible Also every time I ve attempted to run gmer I ve gotten a blue screen of Programs Locking up various types DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by professorchaos at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Programs Locking up Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows System bcmwltry exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise engineserver exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise vstskmgr exe Programs Locking up C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework naPrdMgr exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files BOINC boincmgr exe C Program Files BOINC boinctray exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files BOINC boinc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mfeann exe C Program Files Songbird songbird exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C ProgramData BOINC projects www worldcommunitygrid org wcg faah autodock windows intelx C ProgramData BOINC projects www worldcommunitygrid org wcg faah autodock windows intelx C Users professorchaos Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise WscAVExe exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp flvtubesearch co tmp toolbar FlvTube homepage amp prt flvtubetb ie amp clid f ec ce c cfeabd d bb BHO AC-Pro fb a - - f-bd - f ee a - c program files autocompletepro AutocompletePro dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptsn dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File TB F -B - B - F- AD A CC - No File uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRun cacaoweb quot c users professor... Read more

A:Programs Locking up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logCasey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364330/programs-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

hey there guys. well as you can tell, i think chrome is making my system lock up periodically. its not just chrome that locks up either but the entire OS. at first i thought it was Pokki, my start menu replacement but even after a completely clean install of the OS it is still happening and the ONLY thing that seems to be linked is that chrome is ALWAYS open and 99% usually active (ie. clicking on links, surfing the web actively, scrolling a page) when the lock-up occurs. it usually lasts about 30 seconds and then everything is fine, no crashes, chrome stays open and no pop-up messages.

I really love chrome and use it as my default, does anyone know a way to fix this issue or will i have to go the route of FF for the time being?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/11446-chrome-locking-up-win-8-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 31.39%

hi guys im new here and this is my first post my problem is i have just recently upgraded my computer with gigs of RAM recomended to me by crucial com for my shuttle xpc system i recieved the ram and upgraded as you would normally everything was working fine untill my computer decided to lock up on me i couldnt do anything with the system it had completley locked up i hit the restart button on my pc and it wouldnt boot into windows it would just hang on the bios screen i left the computer for computer please up my keeps locking help a while and then turned it back on and it booted up streight away i used the pc for about mins and then it locked up again so i thaught it might be the memory i had baught so i took out the new memory and replaced it with the old stick i had and the problem still occured since then i have replaced the memory again with the gb i baught and completley my computer keeps locking up please help wiped my computer of everything including the OS i have re-installed windows xp and all of the drivers etc for my hardware and started to use my pc as normal for about hours untill it locked up again i am using the same pc now to write this thread and so far it has not locked up on me any ideas on what my problem could be i have ruled out memory ad i ran memtest and nothing was rong im guessing maybe my hard drive or video card im not overly knowladgeable about pc's but i have some idea on what im doing but im puzzled on this one thanks guys

A:my computer keeps locking up please help

Is it possible you dislodged one of your pc fans?

You have ruled out the memory so you may have unpluged something when you installing the ram. Check a all fans are working including your grafix card if it has one.

Also try using a different slot for your ram if you have an extra slot. Just incase.

Thats all I can think of.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-keeps-locking-up-please-help-240256.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I built this comp about months ago It ran perfectly fine for the first few months Computers Locking Help! Up, but then it started to randomly lock up Everything locks up no mouse or keyboard and you can hear a constant ticking from the speakers when it freezes This happens at completely random times sometimes when im playing BF or just surfing the net or when the comps completely idle My first hunch when this started to happen a few months back was maybe a virus or windows was corrupt So I reformatted did a fresh install of XP Computers Locking Up, Help! The Computers Locking Up, Help! comp ran great for another month or two after the install then this locking up started all over again I have no idea what could be the problem First off here s my system AMD Athlon Abit nf mobo Realtek ac- onboard sound Radeon pro mb Gb Crucial Technology x Gb western digital hdd cd rw watt allied psu I ve ran memtest to check the RAM and it ran fine with no errors I ve also checked the comp for overheating and that doesnt seem to be the case as it runs fairly cool Im really trying to figure this out without having to replace a bunch of parts as I dont have the cash for that Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Computers Locking Up, Help!

Right click on "my computer" then "manage" then "event viewer".

Browse around in there looking for some error reports to see if you can't get a hint as to what is causing the freezes. Hopefullly it is an NIC driver or something simply like that which would just mean you need to update it.

Another high possibility is that it could be your PSU is just not able to keep up... Download and install "speedfan" and check what your current voltage readings are:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-locking-up-help.43370/
Relevancy 31.39%

OK first my system specs Pentium chaintech nvidia gt SB audigy Gigs of Ram G WD SATA HD Asus P S D-X mobo W power supply dvd-rom dvd-r case fans usual fans on cpu and vid card Now my problem- whenever I play games like Everquest the game freezes nothing on screen moves and there is a high pitch whining noise coming from my speakers I have tried switching my RAM sticks with each other in case one has a bad sector and games on up PC locking no dice I have tried taking out my sound card and using onboard sound but no change I have tried unplugging PC locking up on games fans and dvd-rom and nothing My guess PC locking up on games as well as someone I ve PC locking up on games been asking help from is that either my sound card is bad or I dont have a big enough power supply If any more info is needed to see what the problem is just post it asking for it FYI I built my own PC nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-locking-up-on-games.45636/
Relevancy 31.39%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P B-Deluxe Antivirus Microsoft IE Times At Locking Up Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows IE Locking Up At Times SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Windows SysWOW CtHelper exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users Thomas Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http IE Locking Up At Times go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main IE Locking Up At Times Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - HKLM Run AsioThk Reg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRun O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run DevconDefaultDB C Windows system READREG SILENT FAIL User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DevconDefaultDB C Windows system READREG SILENT FAIL User Default user O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - Service Adobe Acrobat Update Service AdobeARMservice - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe O - Service Adobe Flash Player Update Service AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerUpdateService exe O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C Windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service EPSON V Service EPSON EB RPCV - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S STB EXE O - Service EPSON V Service EPSON PM RPCV - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C ProgramData EPSON EPW SSRP E S RPB EXE O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C Windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService - NVIDIA Corporation - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe O - Service Google Update Service gupdate gupdate - Google Inc - C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe O - Service Google Update Service gupdatem gupdatem - Google Inc - C Program Files x Google Update Googl... Read more

Relevancy 31.39%

Hi My computer is starting to freeze and lock up often this happens during things such as ipod syncs and even general web browsing occasionally it will just reboot I ran malwarebytes antimalware and removed win Gamevance but this hasn t helped I think there is something Up Locking Keeps Computer lurking in the machine I tried to run GMER times but before it finishes the computer locks up so I m only including the DDS logs Thanks for all your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW avast Antivirus Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system Computer Keeps Locking Up svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC Program Files Autorun Eater oldmcdonald exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Autorun Eater billy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Computer Keeps Locking Up Settings Scott Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant mURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO E - B - B- B- E B C - No FileBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dllTB AIM Toolbar de c f- - a - b-aa ed d - c program files aol aim toolbar aoltb dllTB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dllTB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllTB D -D - -BAB -AB A - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exeuRun Advanced SystemCare quot c program files iobit advanced systemcare AWC exe quot startupmRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressbootmRun Autorun Eater c program files autorun eater oldmcdonald exemRun avast quot c program files alwil software avast avastUI exe quot noguiIE amp AIM Search - c program files aol aim toolbar resources en-us local search htmlIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE A- - f c- - EE C C IE AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - c program files pokerstars PokerStarsUpdate exeIE AF D- E - bda- -B C... Read more

A:Computer Keeps Locking Up

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377495/computer-keeps-locking-up/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer keeps locking up. this started happing from one day to another. Could it be malware?

A:computer keeps locking up

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:16:01 AM, on 5/28/2013
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v10.0 (10.00.9200.16576)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Users\Becky\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Windows\jmesoft\hotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Power Dial\LitModeSwitch.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuschd2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SHARP\Sharpdesk\SharpTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SHARP\Sharpdesk\FTPServer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\WD Security\WDDriveAutoUnlock.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\WD Quick View\WDDMStatus.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\apcsystray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sharp\Sharpdesk\nsapp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Users\Becky\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\NP589UO0\QuickTime_7.7.4_SPS.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\windows\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe
C:\Windows\syswow64\MsiExec.exe
C:\Users\Becky\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8DF9ODRE\JavaJRE_6u45_32-bit_SPS.exe
C:\Users\Becky\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ebay.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer, optimized for Bing and MSN
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\PROGRA~2\mcafee\SITEAD~1\mcieplg.dll
O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~3\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL
O2 - BHO: Ask Toolbar BHO - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: ActiveMail - {EF7AED5F-0C26-4820-A570-7DA8B6D93F4A} - C:\Users\Becky\Desktop\ActiveMailBHO.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Ask Toolbar - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-keeps-locking-up.1099862/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Windows 2000 machine that I built for my wife. It has a Pent. 4 2.0 processor with 512 MB of ram. For a while now she has said that it has been locking up when she is playing games online, I thought that it might have just been the games that she was playing but I was using it today and it locked up on me on a completly differtent site. We have been using Internet Explorer but recently have started using the MSN Explorer. When it locks up the task manager will not open, the only way to get it going again is to hit the reset switch. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Dayle

Relevancy 31.39%

I have a problem with my computer.
In the games Call Of Duty, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Kohan 2: Kings Of Wars I have exactly the same crashes. The game totally freezes and I have nothing more to do then restart the computer with the restart button. In CoD and UT2004 I can play in save mode, then it never crashes but save mode is really ugly :dead: . And by KoW you cant play in save mode.

I have a quite new computer; pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GhZ. 512MB RAM, RADEON 9600 SERIES 128MB geheugen.

On the forum by KoW I asked for help, they said update some drivers. But the updates I had to do according to them never helped.

To complete the information I included the DXDiag of my computer.

Thanks in advance,
Tjardie

Relevancy 31.39%

Over the last week, my computer has been locking/freezing up and I can't figure out why. The mouse will still move, but the pointer becomes an hour glass and I cannot click on anything. To me it seems like it is trying to run something, but it doesn't do anything. I ran Norton and TrendMicro and everything came up clean. I ran AdAware and Spyware Blaster and got rid of what they found. This morning, my computer locked/froze right after start-up and when I tried to force restart, it said "ending apphelp1.exe" and then "ending explorer.exe". Any ideas?

A:Freezing/locking up

You could run Spybot S & D on the chance that there might still be more spyware. Make sure you get the latest version 1.3. If you still have the freezups then download HiJack This available at www.majorgeeks.com under "spyware." You need to download it to a permanent folder you create like
C: \HJT on your hard drive, then copy and paste the log here and someone like myself can review and make suggestions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-locking-up.267388/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a 1.4ghz with 256 DDR, 20.5gb, 64mb AGP GeForce 4 256 videocard. Any time I have tried to do anything graphic intensive the system will freeze up. But I can use windows and the internet and e-mail with no problems. I have reformatted and I have changed the videocard. The card I did have was a TNT2 Ultra PRO 32mb AGP. I then tried a 32mb PCI GeForce 2 and it did the samething.

Any help is greatly apperciated.

Thanks,
Curtis T.

A:System Locking up

Hi, thorncd

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Ram is a very likely candidate for your problem. Some video cards share main memory others have memory on-board. In either case graphic-intensive applications are memory (Ram) hogs. You may have a failing memory module which only bites you when the bad address-range is accessed. You might even have an intermittent failure (occasional overheat, etc).

I would recommend that you experiment with your ram and observe any changes to your machine's behavior. If you have two sticks pull one out and run for a while; then swap sticks and do the same. Borrow ram from a friend and test. Do whatever you can to eliminate or confirm ram as the origin of the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-locking-up.91548/