Windows Support Forum

Changing default layout in Word 2000

Q: Changing default layout in Word 2000

How can I set Word 2000 so that when I start a new document, it will automatically be in Print layout?
Dave Spilkia

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Changing default layout in Word 2000

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Changing default layout in Word 2000

First open the new doc, then make sure you have it in print layout - go to file | page setup and adjust to whatever way you want regarding the margins, font, etc. then hit default. I did this and all my new doc's open the way I want. Hope this is what you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-layout-in-word-2000.89510/
Relevancy 102.77%

Erm, I forgot how to do this...

When inserting a pic (from file) on my PC at home the default layout is "In Line With Text". On the PC at work, some time ago I changed this to "Tight".

How do you change this default?

I have a Word doc on my home PC and need to insert about 40 GIFs into it and don't want to have to mess about with repeatedly formatting layouts.

Cheers

Gram

Relevancy 92.02%

Word 2000 default font is Times New Roman 12.
How can it be changed to, say, Georgian, Courier New, or other fonts & the size you want for it?

Relevancy 80.41%

Hi

How can I set up word so it always opens in Print Layout.

Itsmainly on word docs coming to me from external sources.

Thanks

Brian
Dublin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-to-print-layout-in-word-2003.551443/
Relevancy 79.98%

my computer has office and Windows Me as operating system both are duch versions when i save a word document and i try to open it again via - windows explorer - file select from the recently opened files - when i start word with the a option -- gt everything is fine but when i open it via - file - open -- gt layout is gone ex table gridlines is missing and all the cells are displayed to the left margin of the page with an alinia break carriage return at the end of each cell line -- gt some extra info is visible at the end of the file see below - uninstall and reinstall of office no changes who can help me out probably a registry entry i have to delete Standaard Standaard Standaardalinea-lettertype Standaardalinea-lettertype Sint-Rombouts Sint-Rombouts C wdw test tabel doc C wdw test tabel doc Unknown amp Times New Roman Times New Roman Symbol Symbol Willem Willem Sint-Rombouts Sint-Rombouts Sint-Rombouts Sint-Rombouts layout document word a 2000 of changes Willem Sint-Rombouts Normal dot Sint-Rombouts Microsoft Word Willem Root Entry Table Table WordDocument WordDocument SummaryInformation SummaryInformation DocumentSummaryInformation DocumentSummaryInformation CompObj CompObj ObjectPool ObjectPool Microsoft Word-document MSWordDoc Word Document nbsp

A:word 2000 changes layout of a document

The problem lies between the keyboard and the chair.
(Don't take offense, I love that saying!)

Open Word.
Hit File-Open.
Note that you likely have "Recover text from any file" selected as the type. Change it to Word document and all will be well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-changes-layout-of-a-document.117924/
Relevancy 79.55%

All of a sudden anytime I open a word document it defaults to the reading layout, how do I change that default?

A:Solved: Microsoft Word Reading Layout Default

From the Tools menu, select Options.... from the General tab, remove the tick from the top right hand corner check box "Allow Starting in Reading Layout".

This should also prevent word documents sent as email attachments from opening in reading layout.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-word-reading-layout-default.661112/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have had a search of the forum and can't find a solution to this, so apologies if it is a known / obvious fix for the experts!

I have created a document in Word 2000 that includes some "Windings" symbols. In opening the document on other machines in Word 97, some of them have changed font colour and turned into "Wingdings 2" and others have remained in "Wingdings" but changed font colour.
Wingdings is definitely an installed font on the machines I have tried, and it appears to be a consistent change on those different machines (i.e. replaced characters are the same and colour changesare the same).
[We are all appear to be using the same printer drivers and are using Windows 98]
Thoughts
Craig

A:Changing symbol font from Word 2000 to Word 97

Slight error in the above. Gone back to original machine and checked document. When opening in Word 97 the font isn't actually changing as I did use "Wingdings 2" in the original anyway, but clolours are changing and the actual symbol used in "Wingdings 2" has changed.

So basically the two problems are:

1 - font colours are changing on all the symbol font characters (whether "Wingdings" or "Wingdings 2").
2 - a different symbol is being used for those in "Wingdings 2" on the Word 97 machines.

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-symbol-font-from-word-2000-to-word-97.286811/
Relevancy 71.81%

I want to restore the defulat logon name when my computer starts. It used to always boot up with "administrator" in the name box (me) but after connecting to my home computer it now starts up with another user name - "tom"(the name of my home computer). How can I change the default name to administrator so I don't have to erase 'tom" and retype "administrator" every time I boot up?

Thanks very much for any help offered!

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi

Is it possible to change the default storage location for Outlook 2000? I would like the pst files to be on a different partition. I can do this with Outlook Express but cannot find similar instructions for Outlook.

Thanks!!!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 70.52%

I am having problems to change the default language in word 2003.I bought an afrikaans dictionary program.Word sees the dictionary and it is set as the default dictionary to check the spelling.
The program however does not use the dictionary it seems because it does not pick up mistakes I make deliberately.

I try to change the dafault language to Afrikaans but as soon as I start typing it automatically reverts to US English

Can anyone please help me !!

Relevancy 70.52%

Every time someone sends me a word file attached in an email , it comes thru in Works. When that happens, any comments on the sidebar are automatically lost. I need to receive files in MS word, not works.

I tried to follow your instructions to change my default  to Word but when I try that, I do not see Word as an option , but I do see everything but that. I could sure use some help. I wondered what would happen if I deleted Works from my PC?

I am running Windows 7 with MS Word 10. I thank you for any assistance.

A:Changing my default from Works to Word...

What is works?

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508562/changing-my-default-from-works-to-word/
Relevancy 70.09%

Trying to change the default save\open location for Excel 2000 queries which is:
C:\Documents and Settings\user profile\Application Data\Microsoft\Queries.

I would like to change this default location to a network drive????

Thank you.

A:Changing default location for Excel 2000 Query

Data - Get External Data - New Database Query - Options

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-location-for-excel-2000-query.268542/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have done this before, successfully. Now when I go through the steps, and say YES to saving a default font, it does not save it. I am not messing with styles or anything else--just trying to change the default font for the Normal style. All the steps I try seem to work, but when I go back into Word, the change has not held.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi In ms word windows I often go to the tools menu amp select the function to print an address on an envelope The default setting for the way the envelope feeds thru the printer is not compatible with my epson word defaults to quot long way quot not how my printer works When I select the correct orientation word says something like quot changing word: default setting ms enevelope you have changed the default setting quot which is what I want to do but it never sticks I have to manually set the correct orientation each time Here s the kicker Probably over a year ago some helpful person on a forum gave me the fix for this but word was ms word: changing default enevelope setting recently reinstalled so it s back to its old ways I ve searched but can not find the fix on line or hard copy I do remember this I went many sub folders deep and changed a single digit or maybe in some setting I forget whether this was actually a quot word quot problem or something that was deep within my printer software Any help in fixing this little bug is greatly appreciated Best Regards CC nbsp

A:ms word: changing default enevelope setting

Bump
Any hints or suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-changing-default-enevelope-setting.321911/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with changing the default internet email account in MS Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup. In the regular Outlook 2000, there is a button in the service box for set as default. However, this does not exist in my program. I am running two internet email accounts, and I would like the second one that I installed to be the default for sending messages. I know there must be a way to do this, but I just can't remember/ figure it out. Thanks!

Best,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-email-account-in-outlook-2000-corporate.284641/
Relevancy 68.8%

Is there a way to dictate, in Microsoft Word 2010, that any newly-created document will have my own Style in place as the default one, or whatever the term might be, if anything, that decides what the starting set-up is? It's currently the font Calibri, size 11, 10.5 Multiple line spacing, 1" margins on all sides, etc. My preferences are different in every way, so I manually change all of that every time I make a new document.

A:Changing the default Style in Microsoft Word 2010?

Have you tried changing the normal template? I was able to find directions on how to find that for 2003 here, but it's the same process for 2007 and I would imagine 2010. I don't have 2010 on this computer to double check.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351115/changing-the-default-style-in-microsoft-word-2010/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi to all
I run Word 2000 and just recently when I went to sent off an email I found although Times New Roman 10 was set, the font coming up on the screen was far too small,barely readable, increasing the number does increase the size It is not satisfactory really.
I have tried numerous things even reistalling Office but nothing seems to help
The same thing happens in Word
Help !!! Thank you
Vashti

Relevancy 68.37%

When I open a new document in Word 2000, I would like to make the following the defaults, so that they apply to all new documents. None of them are defaults now:

1. When I start a new document, I would like the view to be a Normal View.

2. When I start a document, I would like it to be justified, so that I have straight margins on both the left and right sides.

3. I would like to know how to get rid of the annoying popup that asks me if I want help with a letter, everytime I try to write someone a letter.

Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Please reply to [email protected]. Thank you.

A:word 2000 default values

Go to Tools-Options, File locations tab. Note the location of "user templates". Close all Word files (not Word, tho), and hit File-Open, change the files of types to Document templates, browse to the folder that was located in the File locations tab for user templates and open the file called normal. Go to View-Normal. Go to File-Page setup and change the margins to whatever you want them to be for any new document and hit Ok. Hit Ctrl-a and hit Format-Paragraph and change the alignment to justified, hit Ok. Save the file, close it. Hit the new document button to test it. Normal.dot is the default template for new Word documents. Any changes you make to it will occur in every new document you create.

To get rid of the Office Assistant, hit the Help dropdown menu and choose "Hide the Office Assistant". Or, when he pops up, hit his Option button and uncheck "Use the Office Assistant". This is also an option you can uninstall in the control panel under Add/Remove programs, choosing Microsoft Office. You'll have to go to Tools (I think) and uncheck him.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-default-values.57717/
Relevancy 68.37%

I m working with a file in which somebody created headers that are the same width as the text the whole page width minus some margins On the right side of the header there s a Rev number and date of that header MS-Word-2000 width changing page But the person who designed this apparently didn t realize that the header is MS-Word-2000 changing header width duplicated on all pages or else didn t care The Rev number really wants to go with that page so that different pages can have different revs Duh Yes I know about Track Changes but this needs government approval from an org that doesn t understand electronic manuals They want paper so we use paper So my idea is to move the right boundary of the header to the left and keep the page number in the header and then put the revision code and date to the right of the right boundary of the header box so it s not part of the header And yes I know about the problem of flowing text if we insert or delete a paragraph so the text expands or contracts that s another problem But when I double-click on the header to get into edit-header mode it won t let me go into the graphics mode to grab the dashed-outline of the right header boundary and move it How do I change the header size and do you have any better idea for being able to make a per-page header of per-page editable text next to the real header Also there s a fat horizontal line same width as the header box at the bottom of the header that I can move up and down but I can t shrink It s like the picture editing tools are disabled somehow except for that one operation TIA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2000-changing-header-width.819335/
Relevancy 68.37%

I recently attempted to change my default theme style in MS Word 2007. There's a pull down menu on the right of the header menu in which to do that. However, whenever I click on it to change the default to something else it never takes. It doesn't appear to work when I do it in options either. It just stays as: Cambria (Headings) font, size 11, in the so-called 'normal' theme, with 10pt multiple spacing. It's useless to me in this default mode. Is there something I'm not doing, or is there a better way to do it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-word-2007-changing-default-style-and-theme.547727/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am using Windows Vista (fully updated with SP2) and when I start Word 2007 the Style Set looks like Word 2007 but when I go to Change Styles, Style Set it appears that nothing is selected, i.e. there is no tick by Word 2007. If I change the Style Set to any of those listed the Default Language changes from English (United Kingdom) to English (United States).

I've used the Control Panel to check that the languange for my system and keyboard is English (United Kingdom).

It appears that I am not the only one who has a problem like this (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3798232.php), and its a really annoying one.

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243346/default-language-changes-when-changing-style-sets-in-word-2007/
Relevancy 68.37%

Does anybody have an idea how to change the default font and text size for footnotes in word 2003. I can do it manually as in highlight and right click the text and set the font that i want. But as soon as i insert another footnote it reverts back to the original font setting and not the one that i previously specified.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should add that this is in an existing 80 page document.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-font-for-footnote-references-in-word-2003.879864/
Relevancy 68.37%

Heres what Microsoft's online help says:

...You've got a great picture to illustrate your text, and you know exactly where you want it to be positioned. When you insert the picture, however, it floats off the page or seems to be cut off, which is not what you had in mind.
When a picture is inserted into your Word document, its default placement is in line with your text. That is, Word inserts the picture where your cursor is, even though it may not be aligned properly with the text around it...

The bold part is what I want to change... is this even possible?

A:Changing the Default behavior of pictures inserted into word 2007

I do NOT think so, but what do you want to be the default?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-behavior-of-pictures-inserted-into-word-2007.914531/
Relevancy 67.94%

Have problem outlined in earlier posts re the Toolbars in W2K changing, with some that were there being gone & other icons substituted.
Thought I had it fixed but it still seems wrong somehow, & not having a picture of what the default looks like makes it rather hard to figure out what should be there.
IS there a place on the web showing the default bars (by default, I mean those W2K sets up when first set up on the HD)
OR, would it just be better to delete W2K from the drive then reload it.
:
I have about 15 Mb. in the MyDocument folder, & its subfolders ... can the MyDocuments folder be copied to a CD without losing subfolders?

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all, just 2 weeks back i've come across a new problem in Word2000. I've a friend try to change the font sizes in Word 2000 when using Arabic Fonts. But she is unable to do that. But if she were to try changing the Arabic Fonts size in Excel 2000, she will be able to do that. I've tried logging on as another user id (Windows 2000) but the problem persist.

Have also tried to repair office, un-install/re-install office, re-create a new profile for her, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-arabic-font-size-in-word-2000-pro.194227/
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm editing a document using Word 2000 and am having problems changing portions of text that is assigned as "normaltextfont" style to "normal". I've tried highlighting the passages, going up to the Style pull down menu and clicking on "Normal" but it doesn't work. The passage stays as "normaltextfont". Anyone know if this is possible?

I tried to look for something in Word that will "Show Code" or something to delete it (like WordPerfect), but I can't get rid of this.

A:Changing normaltextfont to Normal Style in Word 2000

Try using Default Paragraph Font instead...please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-normaltextfont-to-normal-style-in-word-2000.256115/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have Windows XP Pro SP and version of Works Now when I start up the Works word processor and I use the quot Open quot function it always opens in quot My Documents quot When I use quot WordPad quot it opens in the last folder used Is there a way to make the Works word processor act like this If not is there a way to change the default opening folder Also is there a way to change the default location where a file is saved Also since this is closely related I ll ask this When you use the Open function in the Works wp you get the quot Open quot dialog box At the bottom there is a drop down box called quot Files of type quot It always opens with quot Works Document wps If you click the drop down box one of the options is quot All Files Is there a way to change Changing default opening Works the in the folder/directory word processor it to this Thanks royeo nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-opening-folder-directory-in-the-works-word-processor.593339/
Relevancy 67.08%

Microsoft Word documents open at view size of 100% by default. I want them to open at "Page Width", which is actually about 120%.

How do I change this default setting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-default-display-size-in-word-2000.631555/
Relevancy 67.08%

So, I need your help.

My wife got on Word and tried to print an envelope.
Some how she screwed up the default settings, and every time
that I open a new document, the envelope settings come up with the
return address filled in and the mailing address filled in. The
size, layout, etc... is all screwed up. I think word itself is
fine but the "new document" file is messed up.

Can somebody tell me how to return word to its default settings
completely without removing/re-installing the software?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

A:Need Help w/ Word 2000? How can I reset everything to factory default setting?

atwnsw said:

So, I need your help.

My wife got on Word and tried to print an envelope.
Some how she screwed up the default settings, and every time
that I open a new document, the envelope settings come up with the
return address filled in and the mailing address filled in. The
size, layout, etc... is all screwed up. I think word itself is
fine but the "new document" file is messed up.

Can somebody tell me how to return word to its default settings
completely without removing/re-installing the software?

Thanks in advance

AnthonyClick to expand...

I open a new document, the envelope settings come up with the
return address filled in and the mailing address filled in. TheClick to expand...

Just to clarify that last part, when you open a new document this happens, or when you try to print?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-w-word-2000-how-can-i-reset-everything-to-factory-default-setting.328361/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an older version of Office (2000) but would like to use Word 2002 which is installed in my computer. Is there any way to change the default word processing application from Word 2000 to Word 2002?

Sz

A:Default Word program in Office Suite 2000

Hold your left shift key, and right-click any file with the *.DOC extension.

Choose Open With from the options list.
Checkmark the box that says *always use this program...*
Choose Word (the right one, mind you!) from the list or browse to it.
hit ok.

If that doesn't work, we need to know what operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-word-program-in-office-suite-2000.95066/
Relevancy 66.65%

Am using Word 2000 and want to permanently change the default 24 pt margin setting for page borders to 31 pt, to avoid the continual "out of printable area" problem with the HP colour inkjet printer we're using.

Have tried opening normal.dot, changing settings to 31 pts and saving (using >Format >Borders and Shading >Page Border >Options), but it always reverts to 24 pt.

It is getting kind of frustrating having to continually change this for every new document we create.

Any thoughts?

A:Word 2000: Changing 24pt page border margin

Create another template?
Or, create a macro that does it for you? You can likely record that one...
Need help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-changing-24pt-page-border-margin.235682/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

Just a fleeting visit...

Under File, Properties, Summary I need to change the "Company".
I've successfully changed the "Name" (under Tools, Options, User Information), but cannot change the company.

I've tried changing the Normal.dot template too, and when opening the template file thereafter, the company appeared correct, however, if I open MS Word itself, the company is incorrect.

So, aside from the Name, how can I change the defaulting values in a document's property sheet (preferably without re-installing)?

Thanks.
Gram

Relevancy 61.49%

I know it sounds silly, but in OE6 (Windows Home Ed XP), the layout toolbar changes quite unexpectedly without warning. For instance, I have it set at "small icons" - and then I go to click on "send" and it is right off the toolbar because the icons have become large. I remove the separators, and re-set it to small icons - but it happens again after a while.

What causes this please?

geniebug

Relevancy 61.06%

i was in a rush and i meant to press Alt+f4 and then this happened and can't get it back to the second image shown, sounds stupid but hey.

A:how to get WMP to the default layout?

Click on this,

and set it to Icon or Tile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/156028-how-get-wmp-default-layout.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Is it possible to change the keyboard layout without re-installing? By mistake I selected US international when setting up Windows XP. I would like to change it to UK / British. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Derek

A:Changing keyboard layout in XP

control panel/keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-keyboard-layout-in-xp-50081.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I have created a report in access that gives the document number and dollar amount. The only ways that the wizard would let me lay them out is in a vertical list, but I want them to go one next to the other horizontally until there's no more room, then to do the same thing on the next line. Is this something that I can do?

Thanks,

Chuck

A:Changing the layout of reports

Hi Chuck, unfortunately normal Access reports only work in that way. What you have to do is use the page layout format for printing in columns.
Open the report in preview mode, click on Setup and then Columns and play around with the column widths and field sizes in design mode to get the best fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-layout-of-reports.510949/
Relevancy 60.63%

Having issues when in a folder. The layout will automatically go back to details even if I change to large/medium icons, list, etc. If I have the folder sorted by date modified it returns to alphabetical.

Really annoying, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Folder Layout keeps changing

do you want it in a single folder? you can do this steps:
Right click the folder>Properties>Customize>under the optimize this folder choose (anything you like)>check mark the apply this to subfolders>apply>ok.
just a quick tutorial.

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358539-folder-layout-keeps-changing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have Win Family Premium It looks like it's the french version I bought it in Quebec which makes sense The PC has accounts one for each member of my family For some reason I can't set my default keyboard layout to quot French Canada quot At the moment I have the keyboard icon in my taskbar If I click it three options are displayed French Canada Traditional French Canada and Show Language bar By default Traditional French is selected which is what annoys me If set Can't default keyboard layout my I right-click it and click on Settings I get the quot Services de texte et de langues quot dialog It says that my default input language is French Canada It is the only option in the select box e g French Traditional is not there Also in the Can't set my default keyboard layout quot Installed services quot box in the lower left again only French Canada in installed language and keyboard layout Sometimes when I boot the PC the keyboard icon is NOT in the taskbar and I do have the French Canada layout loaded I'm wondering if that has anything to do with what member of my family logs in first Most of the time though the icon is there and French Traditional is loaded by default My goal to ALWAYS have ONE AND ONLY ONE keyboard layout French Canada Since it's not even shown in the quot Services de texte et de langues quot dialog I have to idea how to remove the French Traditional one Thanks

A:Can't set my default keyboard layout

If you want to change the default selected language | Keyboard Layout - Change

If you want to remove an additional language input:

In the start menu type Change Keyboards.
Click Change keyboards.
Select the Keyboard you want to remove by clicking on it, then click the Remove button to the right.
Confirm both windows and you're done .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300423-cant-set-my-default-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, I'm having a major stress. I don't know why it's happened but my keyboard has gone from UK layout to US (the @ and " positions have swapped as have |#|).

I've spent ages looking for help on this forum and others, googled the h*** out of the sucka, but I can't work out how to get it back. My main problem can be seen from the screenshot below (I hope).

As you can see, for some reason I have no default keyboard layouts. What can I do to get them back, reinstall them or what ever so my layout is restored to UK. I'd rather not have to install a 3rd party app, and I'm comfortable with writing something to the registry if need be.

I've also noticed during this that I can't see the language bar, and can't restore it.

I'm running windows 7 home prem, with sp1 (aparently all the latest updates).

Appreciate your help

valveless

A:No Default Keyboard Layout

valveless, welcome to sevenforums.com!

You just need to click on the Add button on that window and select
English (United Kingdom) - Keyboard - United Kingdom

Language bar is not available yet, because you do not have any input languages installed. Use the method I described to add languages, and after that language bar can be available.

More detailed information is available as a Tutorial.
Keyboard Input Language - Add or Remove

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162221-no-default-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I had a Gateway Computer with the Front a Header Changing of Layout an El Paso Motherboard long story short the board died It had a GHz Processor and I bought a GHz Processor The old El Paso had support for old Technology I purchased a new Gateway Nimitz Board because it had the support for the processor that I bought and USB Front and Back Headers The problem is the front header for the power button and such was a Changing the Layout of a Front Header Pin Connector on the El Paso Board but its only a Pin Connector on the Nimitz Board I know what pins were used in the Pin Connector and On the Pin Connector it uses amp for HD Act amp for the Power LED amp for the Reset Button and for Volts On the El Paso the Pins used are amp for HDR BLNK GRN and HDR BLNK YEL is GND is PWR is GND Is there a way to modify the pin connector to work in place of the pin connector nbsp

A:Changing the Layout of a Front Header

Is the 10 pin connector actually 9 pins with one pin missing? If so, it will be a standard Intel pinout. Pins 1 & 3 are HDD LED, pins 5 & 7 are RESET, Pin 9 is EMPTY, on the other side pins 2 & 4 are POWER LED, pins 6 & 8 are POWER SWITCH and pin 10 is missing.

You can just move the wires around to the correct positions and let the extra 2x3 (6 shells) hang off the end of the header, OR buy a 2x5 molex kk connector and repin it, OR cut the 2x8 connector and make it a 2x5 connector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-layout-of-a-front-header.821084/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
For some inexplicable reason my keyboard layout is different in windows 10 app than is in normal windonws 10 environment - even though on the taskbar it says it is the same... what could cause this?

thanks in advance if you have any advice solving this issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61366-keyboard-layout-changing-apps.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello , I just buy for my laptop a keyboard from eBay ,but because this keyboard is from Asia ,windows keep changing my layout , I just want to use it as an English keyboard ,also I've try lots of methods that non of them works permanently.
Hope you masters can help me solve it out.
Thanks alot.
Guy

A:Window 7 keep changing my keyboard layout

Epsilone mate we need a bit more info than you have given us like the brand wired or wifi of the keyboard.
plus some system specs would be real good to work with.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/315982-window-7-keep-changing-my-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 59.77%

All of a sudden the default layout of My Computer

is gone.

Now it is gone to only letting me organize it by Thumbnails, List, Details etc.

How can I get it to go back to the original layout?

A:[SOLVED] Default My Computer Layout

What was it before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-default-my-computer-layout-271444.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello.

I was trying to configure Word 2000 to send email, but I can't seem to find the means to configure the bloody thing. I have tried help files, but wasn't much help.

Anybody plz?

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Word 2000 aka MS Word 2000 - Sending Email - Need Help Configuring

Word itself does not send (or receive) e-mail messages. You may configure Word to be your e-mail editor, but it still requires an e-mail program (such as MS Outlook) to send messages.

You can send e-mails from within Word by using File, Send To, Mail Recipient (or Mail Recipient as Attachment), but this still uses Outlook to do the sending and receiving.

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2000-aka-ms-word-2000-sending-email-need-help-configuring.91776/
Relevancy 59.34%

Ugh here we go again Now the quot upside down carat quot that used to be present for every notification its what notifications?? do changing ... I NOW FB options/layout/etc do to control has disappeared Wtf Now how do I disable certain notifications In particular I m struggling with this new stupid live FB changing its options/layout/etc ... NOW what do I do to control notifications?? video s I get a notification that quot lt one of my dumbass friends gt is live now quot How do I turn it off Googling it brings up a FB changing its options/layout/etc ... NOW what do I do to control notifications?? bunch FB changing its options/layout/etc ... NOW what do I do to control notifications?? of results that are either outdated or don t apply for some reason For instance here s an article from Time that was published just day ago on how to turn these off Here s How to Get Rid of Facebook s Live Video Notifications Guess what Doesn t work because this quot upside down carat quot no longer exists None of my notifications have any kind of carat There s only the quot mark as read quot button that s it I tried different browsers just to make sure it s not some rendering problem Going into Notification Settings brings up a page with a pretty scant selection of only basic controls What do I do Help nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/fb-changing-its-options-layout-etc-now-what-do-i-do-to-control-notifications.1894282/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone language layout screen keyboard Changing on welcome I'm fine-tuning my new Changing keyboard layout language on welcome screen Windows laptop and I have noticed the following the computer was bought in Germany the OS language is therefore German I set up an administrator account I'm the only one who uses the computer so there's just that one account and changed the region settings and keyboard language from Germany German as I'll call it to Swiss German I live in Switzerland and removed the Germany German keyboard Overall I have now got three keyboard layouts Swiss German default language US English UK English this can also be seen via the language bar in the notification area However on the welcome login Windows screen in the left upper corner the only keyboard layout languages are Germany German and US English Obviously some of the keys have a different function according the keyboard layout and Caps Lock for instance works differently on the Swiss German keyboard than on the Germany German keyboard I would therefore like to have the Welcome page display the Swiss German keyboard layout since I use a password I came across one of your tutorials and wanted to ask if it is the correct procedure to transfer my keyboard layout languages to the welcome screen I don't want to mess up something - Thanks in advance for your time -D

A:Changing keyboard layout language on welcome screen

Did some more research and followed the instructions in the tutorial indicated above - worked fine, and now my welcome screen displays the same keyboard languages/layouts used by my admin account :-) Great tutorial :-D

PS: I wanted to rep your tutorial, Brink, but it looks like I'm not allowed to do so due to my newbie status.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/159845-changing-keyboard-layout-language-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I finally decided to use the Dvorak keyboard layout. I'm wondering if it's possible to change the keyboard layout (/input language) through the command line?

If there's someone knowledgeable about the command line reading this, it's probably a good opportunity to ask about a good source to find commands (not just DOS commands - stuff like bcdedit and powercfg, which can't be found in your typical command list).

Wow, that took so long to type... You'd be surprised how much the letter H is used and how much L isn't.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/256656-changing-keyboard-layout-using-command-line.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We just setup a new computer lab all running 8.1. I have slowly been going through the Group Policies and locking down user accounts so they cannot personalize it, keeping them all uniform. I am having trouble finding the policy or setting to disallow them from changing the layout of the Metro UI. Any inpu?

Thanks

A:Disable users from changing Metro UI layout.

I'm not sure if this is any help, but check this out:

Start Screen - Allow or Prevent Users from Customizing

Otherwise, it seems the control you seek is available in Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Check this link...

A New Windows 8.1 Enterprise feature: Start screen Control

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45058-disable-users-changing-metro-ui-layout.html
Relevancy 59.34%

whilst techguy was down today I also posted in officeexperts
[http://www.theofficeexperts.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3599]
I have been putting together some pivot table charts in excel (for my brother who has excel2000, I have excel2003 - both versions show the same problem).
the charts default to a bar chart.
I have set up a custom chart which has 1 bar and 1 line - i have also set it to default.
However, every time the chart is updated or change - ot changes back to the barchart only.

so say we have 5 periods of data and on the chart we look at period 1 - with a bar/line combo with clear background graph, when we change to period 2 on the pivot the chart changes to just a barchart with a gray background.

how can i set our custome chart to stay default.....

thanks

A:pivot charts in excel changing layout

found this - so its a known bug

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pivot-charts-in-excel-changing-layout.287531/
Relevancy 58.91%

How do I change the default layout option of 'Layout this document as if it was created in Office 2007' to 'Layout this document as if it was created in Office 2003'
At the moment, this only applies to the current document but I want it to happen by default everytime I open up Word and without saving the document.

I want to do this because I want to revert back to the classic moving an image where only the outline is shown when moving the image. Look at this video: Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Any ideas on how to do either of these things?

A:Change the default Office 2007 layout?

I understand what you are trying to do. But unfortunately it applies only to this document. I know of no other setting where you can do that permanently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/69437-change-default-office-2007-layout.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Probably a trivial problem, but somehow I seem to have managed to place the Desktop and Download folders within the Favorites folder in Windows Explorer, and I would like to get them out of there or, if that is not possibile, to return to the default order/organisation. Can someone help me here?
Many thanks,
Florio

A:how to return to default layout windows explorer

Just right click on the items and choose remove.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/283616-how-return-default-layout-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had fixed this issue once before but have since had to reload my OS and now need to fix it again. I have my toolbars setup/placed just the way I like them, but whenever I open a new window or tab, IE7 puts the toolbars in the layout it prefers. So I have to unlock the toolbars and arrange them, and then relock them. I recall going into the registry and setting a value in there to fix this, but don't recall where it was. Any ideas?

Thx

A:How to make current toolbar layout the default

I'm not sure I understand your "IE toolbar" statement. But, just in case this helps, check that your shortcuts don't reuse the same window. Tools, Internet Optiions, Advanced, Browsing, then be sure that "Reuse windwos for launching shortcuts is NOT checked.I had so much irritation with tabs in IE7 that I just turned tabs off. Here's a Microsoft pro's page on tabs: http://www.ie-vista.com/tabs.html.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217490/how-to-make-current-toolbar-layout-the-default/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was re-designing my contact layout for ACT 2000. I clicked on View+ShowTool Palette and the Palette does not appear. Do I re-install

A:Act 2000 Layout Palette

Maybe try this article - http://tinyurl.com/4mtla6

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-2000-layout-palette.724048/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone. I have a problem and I'll be thankful to anyone who'll offer a solution, if there's one.
So: I'm a user of Windows 8.1. Since I'm a Hebrew speaker, most of my programs' upper menu lines are written from right to left. The problem is the three basic window commands (close, enlarge, minimize) are displayed on the left side of the window, and that really disrupts the fluidity operating the system. Is there any way to change it and set
right-appearing window-commands as default? tried fiddling with preferences myself but couldn't find such an option.

Thank you again for your time and effort.

Amit Nagari.

A:Hi all.Question: Changing layout of basic window-commands.

No, not in Windows - not without a 3rd-party program. Don't know of any off-hand for your problem. It is strange that it interferes with the writing... or is it just your preference?

Sorry I couldn't be more help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60552-hi-all-question-changing-layout-basic-window-commands.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been using Picasa to automatically import photos from my digital camera. I would prefer that not to happen anymore. I have stopped Picasa Media Detector from starting on startup but Picasa still opens automatically when I insert my cable from my camera to the my desktop (xp home).
What can I do to stop Picasa from behaving this way and having the default Windows program to import my photos?
Thank you for looking.

A:Changing the default photo program from Picasa to Windows default

If you get a mass storage drive letter when you connect your camera you can try connecting the camera so the drive letter is present, then right click on the drive and choose properties and in properties select the autoplay tab and specifically select an action for the type of files present such as open folder for viewing in windows explorer or whatever else is available.

If that doesn't work let us know, maybe media detector is running as a service and that needs to be shut down or something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-the-default-photo-program-from-picasa-to-windows-default.730424/
Relevancy 57.19%

So far I've noticed this layout view (screenshot: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7585/ss1kv.png) as being unique to MS Word for Mac. Is that correct?

I plan on getting an netbook soon which will have Windows 7 as its operating system. Does Microsoft Word for Windows have this notebook layout view? If not, does anyone know any alternative softwares, preferably but not necessarily free of charge?

Thanks for your time.

A:MS Word's "notebook view" Layout: Is this available on Windows MS Word? or only Mac?

All I have found is that this is a MAC feature only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-words-notebook-view-layout-is-this-available-on-windows-ms-word-or-only-mac.1021412/
Relevancy 56.76%

Say I'm doing a resume. The left margin is 1.6" and the right is at 1.0".

In the left margin I want to insert a keyword, like Product Management, or Logisitcs just to the left of the body, to act as a subject guide for the reader. They can hop around to what they want without having to wade thru the whole doc. Most people if they use these keywords at all... place them as a line entry just above where new subjects start. This takes more room and it's not eye-appealing.

How do I insert these keywords? Without disrupting the doc.

A:MS Word '07 - page layout option?

Make each line that needs a keyword into a paragraph (may have to adjust paragraph spacing in the paragraph dialogue afterwards). Then adjust the left margin to a size that will accommodate the key word. Not a very elegant solution, but I'm guessing you don't have too many keywords to insert, so it shouldn't be too time consuming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-07-page-layout-option.1088307/
Relevancy 56.76%

My professor cannot get his page layout to switch from Landscape to Portrait. We go through the motions, but when he goes to print or view, it stays in Landscape mode! Anybody have any ideas?

A:Page Layout - MS Word 2003

Word: From the File menu, select Page Setup... click portrait

Confirm also that the printer has not been setup to print in landscape mode as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-layout-ms-word-2003.893185/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello to all,
I'm wondering if it is possible to change layout on only one page on the document.
I'm writing an article and I want to place picture on the page. Since picture is rather big, it better fits landscape layout page. I can also rotate picture and then paste it on my page, but then, I still have problems to write text below it like "figure 1: Engine...bla bla...."

Thank you

A:Solved: Page layout in word 2003

hi Mitjko,

Put a SECTION BREAK before the page you want to change orientation, and another afterwards to put it back again.

Insert / Break / Next Page

HTH
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-page-layout-in-word-2003.778783/
Relevancy 56.33%

I use Word Starter on Windows 7 and want to remove the Microsoft advertising panel on the right of the screen which takes up too much space . On the left is a "navigation" panel which I can close but I can't find any way of getting rid of the one on the right . It's headed up " Get Started" but is an advertising block currently pushing Office 365 but is an unnecessary distraction which I don't want . Am I stuck with this as part of the Word Starter package ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-starter-layout-with-adverts.1122949/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

When we try to open a MS Word document from the browser window (IE), it normally opens in the view in which it was last saved. (Web layout, print layout views etc.) Is there any way I can force a word document to open in the Print Layout View, everytime i load it onto a browser window?

(My requirement is actually exporting a JSP File to MS Word. This works fine, and the only problem is, after the export is done, i get to view the word doc in the browser in Web Layout. My requirement is to view it in Print Layout)

Please help me out on this, and i'll be glad to provide any other clarification that you might need.

Thanks,
-Santhi.

A:Opening a MS Word doc, in IE, in Print Layout View

Hi,
I don't think there is any (known) way of getting documents to open in your requested view - it just depends on the view the document was saved in.

Regards,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-a-ms-word-doc-in-ie-in-print-layout-view.320240/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Sir,
Please guide me through the process of changing Administrator Password of Windows 2000 Server (Where SQL 2000 Server is running having Mixed mode Authentication, with blank SA password). I have once changed it from logon screen (by pressing ctrl+alt+del). But after that my SQL server stopped running (I had blank password for SQL). I couldnot fix the error.

Please tell me both the process, to be followed, while changing Windows 2000 Server password, when the SA password of SQL is (1) Blank (2) is not Blank. Please tell me is there any step to be taken in SQL 2000 Server, after changing the password of the Windows 2000 Server Administrastor?

With alot of good wishes and thanks in advance,

Barun Kumar Tiwari
INDIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-windows-2000-runing-sql-2000-server-administrator-password.216532/
Relevancy 55.04%

This keyboard spell fun in Word 2007 with and Great checker layout is awesome There seems to be a very funny issue in Word regarding the spell checker I read all the posts dealing with broken spell checkers fixing the registry etc My problem is quite different By default my spell checker is always whatever I do set to English US That s no problem so far as I like typing in US My Keyboard input language is also Great fun with spell checker and keyboard layout in Word 2007 US although my keys are UK on my laptop Recently one employee in our firm wanted to write a document in UK English and she also told me to make the spell checker default to UK Did you ever try that This feature seems to be connected to the set keyboard input language So I had to change her keyboard input language layout to UK as well to make it default in Word But she usually prefers Great fun with spell checker and keyboard layout in Word 2007 the US input method So what s the deal Someone used to US Keyboard layout will have to train himself on UK layout to have the spell checker to UK by default nbsp

A:Great fun with spell checker and keyboard layout in Word 2007

Ah, the history of keyboards rears its ugly head once again! Well, yes, mostly, is the answer to your question, except sometimes....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_American_keyboards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/great-fun-with-spell-checker-and-keyboard-layout-in-word-2007.834385/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been used to using Word 97, but the company has upgraded me to 2003. I am using the Print Layout to create my documents, and when I create a hyperlink, the hyperlink shows up in underlined blue, but it won't work. It will work if I view the document in Reading Layout, but that doesn't do me any good, since that layout does'nt look anything like the Print Layout. Can anyone make any suggestions?

A:Solved: Word 2003 - Hyperlinks don't work in Print Layout

It works.
It's just that Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, decided to make us Ctrl+Click for a hyperlink.

Otherwise, you can change the setting on your PC to NOT require the Ctrl key.
Tools-Options-Edit tab. Second checkbox on the right...

And don't you just LOVE that Reading Layout feature?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2003-hyperlinks-dont-work-in-print-layout.242588/
Relevancy 53.32%

I got the new version of word today on my brand new computer and I need a word processor for my job, and its not letting me pick it as my default one. When I go to the control panel and try to do it from there, it still doesn't pick it up. Why is this happening and how can I go through and change it?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi There

This is not a macro question. I have been at this for hours now with no success. I have a picture in MS word 2000. The picture is text with a box around the text. See attached MS Word 2000 file. I want to copy this picture into Excel 2000. But when I do a copy and paste, it does paste into Excel but just the box shows up and not the writing. Can someone out there copy it and paste it for me in Excel 2000 and send it to me?? I can then copy it from your Excel spread sheet into my Excel spread sheet.

Thanks for your help in this.

Mario

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Have been using WORD 2007.
No problems.

But, I just downloaded and installed Open Office. But I only want to use it for its Spreadsheet. However, it looks like its word processing component has taken over.

Now, my WORD documents are being opened by Open Office which I do not want.

How can I make WORD the Default word processing program (again) ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:Making MS WORD The Default Word Processing Prog. ?

OpenOffice and LIbreOffice acquire all *.docx files. When we trying to open them, it opens through OO or LO. Perhaps this article will help you to disable it and make MS Word as the default one: How to Change the Default Program for Microsoft Word Files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/239946-making-ms-word-default-word-processing-prog.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Using Access 2000, I have a number field, formatted number....
doing a mail merge in word, causes the field which is called Dues to loose it's formatting... Word says to apply a Numeric Picture Switch...{ Dues \# $#,##0.00 } but try as I might I cannot get it to work....

So I have the Syntax wrong on something? I am in a time crunch and have to have this letter out asap am tomorrow....

What is wrong???? I did a letter like this in January and it worked fine.....Help!

Relevancy 52.03%

Up until today, i have connected to Access via ODBC, then chosen my query in Access, then used microsoft query to further filter the mail merge...

today i get an error that says Word can't reestablish a DDE connection with Microsoft Query to complete the task.

Do you know why or what happened...if you don't have time to answer, if you could just point me in the direction of a document it would be helpful.

A:HELPPPPPPPPP Access 2000 Word 2000 question

See if any of these help:

WD2000: "Word Could Not Re-Establish a DDE Connection..." Error

WD2000: ErrMsg: "Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to <Application> to complete the current task."

ACC2000: Word DDE Connection Error Using Table or Query with Quotation Marks

WD2000: Word Flashes on Windows Taskbar When You Cancel "Choose Data Source" in MS Query

WD2000: Error Message: "Word Could Not Locate or Start <path>\MSQRY32.EXE" When You Try to Use MS Query

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/helppppppppp-access-2000-word-2000-question.91039/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi folks I have this problem that is hard to search for on Google We have a lot of word documents connected to a simpel text data file data doc that is used with mail merge Here is our process data doc is opened filled with all variablenames we can use in our documents name country etc data doc is opened filled with the actual data from a database belonging to the variables name Kees Japan etc 2007 2000 documents problem Opening correctly automation in word word Our vb net application does step and then starts a template word document which has that data doc file attached for mail merge The template is now filled in with the correct data Opening word 2000 documents correctly in word 2007 automation problem vb net application tells MS Word to print the document Works fine and we have ourselves a nice document filled in with data we specified in the vb net application Now comes the problem some new computers will have office instead of office installed during testing we have encountered that it does not error but the office installed computer does not fill in the data and just shows mergefield names lt lt name gt gt lt lt country gt gt Also when printed out So it seems like the datafile is not connected when opening the template in word If we let our vb net application show us the document visually first we can re-attach the data file again and we can print the data however there are thing wrong with this approach More user input which is not needed MS Word is opening and showing something we do not want in some cases We also automate the printing of packages which is basicly a list of different templates that needs to be printed automatically without users input Because the old computers will not be updated anytime soon to office versions we have to work some time with both systems So we cannot convert the document to word version because the office computers can t read them anymore How can I let the office read the documents with correct automatic mail merge without user input just as word does We can implement the possible solution both in the sourcecode of the vb net application as we can solve it by configuring ms office so all possibilities are welcome With kind regards nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-word-2000-documents-correctly-in-word-2007-automation-problem.928530/
Relevancy 52.03%

Moved a few tiles and now I dont remember how it originally was. Just want it to look like how Microsoft intended it to be. Any option to reset the layout of the tiles?

Thanks

A:How do you reset metro tiles layout to the factory layout?

This may work for you:

Start Screen - Reset in Windows 8

Hope this helps. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33383-how-do-you-reset-metro-tiles-layout-factory-layout.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have both MS Word (Word 97) and MS Works 8.0 installed. For word processing, I prefer
Word and use Works primarliy for the spreadsheet. However, Works has become
the default word processor and I don't know how. Works opens my Word
documents, and tries to change the format when I save. How can I make Word
the default?

I have tried right-clicking a Word document, and choosing Word and "always
open with this;" now whenver I open a document, I get a message that the
document is already in use by me and would I like to make a copy?

A:Making Word my default word processor

Control Panel > Folder Options > File types (tab) .. and set the system default program for the file type (extension) desired.

Something Like so .. maybe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-word-my-default-word-processor.483386/
Relevancy 51.6%

One of the features I really liked in the DOS version of WordPerfect 5.1 was the ability, when highlighting, to simply type a character or string of chars. near the end of the relevant portion to be highlighted and have the program take the highlight directly there.

Can WORD 2000 do this? So far, all I can figure out is how to highlight either an entire word, sentence, or line, but none of them with the precision that WordPerfect 5.1 allowed.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

And GOBBLE-GOBBLE!!!
Iris

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am a consultant in central Texas and I have a customer that does not recall the chronology of how he got into this situation but basically, I'll attempt to explain. He has Word 2000 installed on an XP Pro machine. He wants to do a mailing that 2000 is unable to handle. We found that 97 will do the desired process with no problem. I tried to install Word 97 to his computer but the setup program indicates that 97 is already on the machine. There is no trace of Word 97 that I can find. The customer thinks that he has vacillated between 97 and 2000 at least twice. I just want both on this machine at the same time. I could uninstall both and then reinstall 2000 then 97 and I think it will work but I was hoping to avoid the uninstalls. Any ideas?

A:Unable to install Word 97 on Word 2000 machine

It sounds like Uncle Bill left some fragments in the registry (or, hopefully, just a file used to flag Word'97's presence).

Hopefully you are using "My Documents" to save everything created in MSWord (either version); that will make it pretty easy to back up the files you don't want to take chances on. Burn a couple CDs or DVDs as needed/if available.

Check the Add/Delete Programs- to see which version/s are installed. I would uninstall each one- re-starting the computer between uninstalls.

With operating systems it makes a difference in which order they are installed; I would follow the same rule for the same reasons--- install the older one first (Word 97). Paranoia makes me want to shut down & reboot between versions. Then install Word 2000.

Good luck.
letchworth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-word-97-on-word-2000-machine.397470/
Relevancy 51.17%

Please help me someone I'll try to make this short but give you all the info I have a Dell Dimension running Windows Professional with Microsoft Office Prof My 2000/microsoft word 2000 help/windows problem started with Microsoft Word freezing after loading I'm able to load the program and even load a file then word freezes I have already updated amp run these programs in normal and safe mode Norton Antivirus Spybot Adaware No virus and all adware removed I've run CWShredder help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000 amp have Spyware Blaster amp Zone Alarm running I've cleaned out my computer with CCleaner and it does not require defrag at this time As far as Microsoft Word goes it will run in safe mode and sometimes runs when I load it with the a switch but has also been freezing up when loaded on a switch I have renamed and deleted all NORMAL DOT files I have checked start-up folders in Word to remove files but there were no files to remove I have changed Word's registry Data key and Option key I have run detect amp repair in normal Word and in a switch mode I have run repair from add amp remove programs It still doesn't work I was preparing to remove amp reinstall when I decided to check for office updates I updated Microsoft Office with suggested updates from Microsoft I can't tell now what updates I loaded Now my problem is my CPU usage stays at a steady Now I don't know if this happened before or after I updated my computer I don't want to remove amp reinstall Office until I can get my CPU usage down Anybody please have any suggestions Here's my log from Hijackthis if it helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C winnt System smss exe C winnt system winlogon exe C winnt system services exe C winnt system lsass exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C winnt system MSTask exe C WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exe C winnt Explorer EXE C winnt wanmpsvc exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS monitr exe C WINNT system fxredir exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPTBox exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Documents and Settings Claire S da Rosa My Documents hijack this Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride www direcwaysupport com localhost lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C DOCUME CLAIRE DAR MYDOCU HIJACK SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM R... Read more

A:help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000

Hello and Welcome to TSF

This will be moved to the proper location so you will get faster response

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-windows-2000-microsoft-word-2000-a-46445.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I was having a look at the optimus OLED keyboard and the program allows customisable keyboard layouts for programs such as photoshop. I have an ordinary keyobard but wondered whether it was possible to do this in Vista.

Thanks
Stuart

A:Customising Keyboards= Layout - e.g. Photoshop Layout

*bumps*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/customising-keyboards-layout-e-g-photoshop-layout.698911/
Relevancy 50.74%

My previous post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t winlogonexe-application-error DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by KaraBang at window 7 like layout and Window 2000 looks slow runs on - - Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000 Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000 Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x RealNetworks Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000 RealDownloader recordingmanager exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks b - - a a- e - ee e - lt orphaned gt mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Vid-Saver - - - - - C Program Files x Vid-Saver Vid-Saver dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coieplg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ips ipsbho dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coieplg dll TB Norton Toolbar FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coieplg dll uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D Trusted Zone clonewarsadventures com Trusted Zone freerealms com Trusted Zone soe com Trusted Zone sony com DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab D... Read more

A:Window 7 runs slow and layout looks like window 2000

Hi  karabang
I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Please give me some time to look it over and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
White Warrior

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494014/window-7-runs-slow-and-layout-looks-like-window-2000/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I am having difficulty in getting word wrap to operate successfully.
After having entered a page of text, and inserted the picture, graphic, etc I then go to the 'edit wrap points' function which places a dotted outline around the graphic. If I then drag the graphic into place ie over the text, nothing happens.

I have also gone to the the 'Format > tight' function, but again nothing.

How do I get the text to wrap around the graphic as I intended.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Jampot

A:Problems with word wrap in Word 2000

Hi,

Anybody out there able to help me with this word wrap problem as its really starting to annoy me!

Thanks
jampot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-word-wrap-in-word-2000.146320/
Relevancy 50.31%

My 2000 MS Word stopped opening the documents I have on file. The error message : "There was a problem sending the command to the program" keeps coming up after the document tries to open. I can create and save documents, but then cannot open them to view the content. This started after the removal of roaming defender spyware by SpyHunter software. I don't have any files blocked by SpyHunter and still have the issue with Word with SpyHunter deactivated.I am wondering if a file got removed in the spyware clean up and removal?

A:Word 2000 will not open word documents

Does anybody have any ideas on this problem. I really need to be able to get my documents to open. Re-install of office doesn't help. I am not sure if I am allowed to post to my own topic, if not, I apologize. Thank you to anyone who has any ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386243/word-2000-will-not-open-word-documents/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a CD rom with a Word 2000 document on it. I want to view this document with Word 97. When I try it tells me that it will not work and to try from the file menu (Word 97 opens, but no document appears). I try from the file menu, but it still will not open. Is there a patch I can download to enable this? I tried the Microsoft site, but there seems to be no patch and there is no article in their knowledge base to help. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Lee

Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to put a word perfect 10 doc. into a word 2000 doc. I have word perfect 10 but my school has word 2000. I need to print my paper but don't know how. Can anyone help??

A:Solved: Word perfect 10 to word 2000 doc.

Word should be able to open the WordPerfect document. Or you can save the document as a Word 97 document in WP. Do file>Save As, and in the File Type box Select Word 97/2000/2002, and click save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-perfect-10-to-word-2000-doc.275039/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, I have a problem with viewing my Word 2000 documents under Word 2002. I format a document under 2000 and when I look at it under 2002 the margins on the top and bottom are shifted upward. The margin settings are the same size when I look at the document under 2000 and 2002 but the 2002 documents are offset. My text boxes and pictures are shifted somehow. I was thinking there might be a hot fix for this issue. Anyone know what is causing this?
Thank you
Matt

A:Word 2000 Doc's offset under Word 2002

are you flipping between 2000 and 2002?

why not use the same version of word on both computers?

i ran into a different problem with office '97 and 2000 and changed all systems to 2k.
i'd run a 97 or 2k word doc and was always asked if i wanted to change to the other format, sometimes i did, sometimes i didn't.

i have a feeling you try to look at a doc done in 2k and want to view it in 2002.
when you finish you're probably asked do you want to revert back to 2k and that's why you're having problems.
if you change it to 2002 it 's supposed to be backward compatible with 2k and you don't say if this is happening one time or every time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-docs-offset-under-word-2002.430543/
Relevancy 50.31%

I opened Word this afternoon to find the normal template page with added graph lines when set to "print layout" view. The page is blank, as it's supposed to be, in Outline, Web Layout and Normal views -- sans graph. If I open a document, graph lines appear along with the text. In another case the document has lines all evenly spaced, top to bottom. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Word, run its own "fix it" program, deleted the normal.dot and so on -- nothing works. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I willl attempt to attach screenshots. (Notice that the installer graphics are also broken up; the word "progress" doesn't appear correctly. ) Thanks.

A:Corrupted "Print layout" view in Word 2002

Make sure you can see your Drawing Toolbar (View-->Toolbars-->Drawing).

Hit Draw-->Grid. Uncheck the "Display Gridlines on Screen" and then hit the Default button.

Tell it YES...you want to make changes to normal.dot.

Hope it helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-print-layout-view-in-word-2002.626379/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello--

I'm having a hard time figuring where and how to post this.

Suddenly my computer converted all of my word documents to Word Pad. I fiddled with it and got it to change individual documents to Word when I re-save them, but I'm still getting new documents in Word.

Worse, it removes the headings and scrambles forms, which I have to repair each time.

Can somebody tell me how to re-set my computer so that when I get a Word document in email, it will stay in Word without convertint to Word Pad?

Thanks,
Gene Douglas

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I'm running Vista Home Premium on my Dell laptop and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind to tell me how to change my default TTL. I wasted 2 hours searching the registry (regedit) and couldn't find the option anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
Ilir

A:Changing default TTL

Hi Ilir_R,

We can modify the registry value DefaultTTL using the following steps:
==================

1.    Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
2.    From the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters.
3.    In the right pane, add the following value:Name: DefaultTTLType: REG_DWORDValid Range: 1-255
4.    After that, please restart the computer and check the result.

Hope it helps.

Sincerely,
Joson Zhou
Microsoft Online Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/09390bef-b72f-4470-9251-70ed90ebb432/changing-default-ttl?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 49.45%

It is possible to change the default font for windows xp.(thoma )
This option is not available in display properties under appearence tab,advance.
item windows is dimmed.
How can windows text font and size can be changed.
THANK U.

Relevancy 49.45%

Somewhere in the dim past my laptop started automatically booting to the user logon screen, asking for "administrator" and telling me it has an incorrect password.

If I hit ok, change the user to me, enter my password, etc., it logs on. I am set to admin privileges in the user panel. I am the only user of this laptop. Once in a blue moon if I lend it to someone I create a stripped down user for them so they have only the icons, etc. that they need. Because of this I do want to be able to set up custom users, but 99.9% of the time it's me.

How do I get rid of this logon thing? Or make it default to Carla?

Thanks.

A:Changing Default XP Login?

what is the "user logon screen"?

If it is a gray box in the middle of the screen then you can just type in "Carla" then the password
If it is the normal logon screen then just click on "Carla"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-xp-login.509742/
Relevancy 49.45%

How do i remove outlook express email services? I've tried going into the control panel's add/remove programs then to add/remove windows components and unchecked the outlook express box. Every time i go onto craigslist and respond to an add the outlook express box keeps popping up rather than the yahoo email that i always use. How do i make yahoo email my default email? Am i not doing something right? I dont use outlook express and never intend to use it. Is there another way to keep this from happening?

Relevancy 49.45%

hi, is there a way to disable Outlook Express as my default mail and use MSM Hotmail. When ever I try to e-mail from Photoshop Elements 3.0 Outlook comes up and I can't get Outlook to work on my laptop. Thanks Rick

A:changing mail default ?

Why not get Outlook Express or Outlook working so you can use your e-mail program?

Not sure if Hotmail offers free POP support, if not I would consider Gmail as it does off free POP3 support.

JamesO

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-mail-default-75140.html
Relevancy 49.45%

when i right click on a picture and "save as" how do i change the default folder that always comes up. I save to a different location and would like that one to come up as the default. Thanks

A:changing default folders

http://www.ieinfosite.co.uk/tip_view.asp?id=33

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-folders.164902/
Relevancy 49.45%

Craigslist needs a default program to send a message. I use Web Mail for e-mails. The Default Programs shows Live Mail as default, (came with Office 2010). Both programs attemp to send and I get an error message. I can not find a way to change to use Web Mail for both. I uninstalled Live Mail but that did not help. How do I make Web Mail default? OS - W7.