Windows Support Forum

Excel Shutting Down on Windows NT Server (Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe)

Q: Excel Shutting Down on Windows NT Server (Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe)

I don't know if this is help for our server or Excel I am looking for. Here is the issue...

Whenever one lady is logged into a session on our server, she opens a word document that has an Excel worksheet embedded in it. The second she tries to click on the Excel worksheet, Dr. Watson makes a call and hits me with the following message...

Error in Excel.exe
Access Violation (0xC0000005), Address: 0x304632a3

When she tries to just open the Excel program, she gets this error:

Compile Error in Hidden Module: ThisWorkBook

This only happens to her, should I make a new profile on the server for her? Is there something in Excel I can do? I am so lost and MS Knowledge base has been of no help to me.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Excel Shutting Down on Windows NT Server (Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Excel Shutting Down on Windows NT Server (Terminal Server, Citrix Metaframe)

Try this, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q169718

And this, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q172211

Or look here for more, http://search.support.microsoft.com...Type=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-shutting-down-on-windows-nt-server-terminal-server-citrix-metaframe.90969/
Relevancy 95.48%

First off don't know if this it the right forum. Aplogize if this is not.

Question: My company is currently looking at deployment of a Citrix Server to deploy all commonly used apps(Office,Financal,Legacy Database programs, email etc...) My concern is that if 65 users are hitting this server for its apps won't this cause a major network slow down. The server is a Compaq ML380 with 933Mhz,256k ram,RAID 5 and is connects to a 10Mbps 3com Switch. Most workstations run Windows 95 and 98 with a few NT. My first thought is to change the Router and Switch to 100Mbps. I would like any feed back on this. Thank you very much

Bob

A:{Advice Offered} - Citrix Metaframe Server

I don't know how well Citrix will put up with 65 hits on the server, but I can tell you for sure that you should go to a switching 100 hub. I don't like running at 10 with 3 computers.

What are you thinking of the router for?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-citrix-metaframe-server.29678/
Relevancy 95.48%

We are a Win2K SP4 shop running Citrix 1.8. We have about 25 Citrix users, though typically no more than 5 are logged in concurrently. I am seeking hardware requirements for the newest version of Citrix, which they call Presentation Server. Considering our specs, I'd like to know what we'd need as far as:

RAM
RAM per user
Disk Space
Processor / multi-processor
other associated software (i.e. IIS?)

Any info would be much appeciated.

A:Requirements for Citrix MetaFrame Pres. Server?

There are no hard and fast rules as you will probably know by now.

Again it is a function of money. The more money you spend the more robust it will be.

I am assuming you are talking avout Metaframe 1.8 and not XP as it was called.

RAM 2Gb
Disks SCSI = 3 x 35Gb 15k rpm 1 for O/s one for apps and one for page file.
Processor fast 3.0Ghz or greater
Nic's as fast as you can support.

That should suppport 25 users running office.n However I don't know what other apps you want to run.

Any more info for us ?

Been doing Citrix for 9 years now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/requirements-for-citrix-metaframe-pres-server.320828/
Relevancy 84.32%

Greetings I don t know if this a normal behavior or not but here it goes I have a W K terminal server running Citrix XPs FR GB HD GB RAM Ghz dual processor Any application being opened by users logged into Citrix uses an abnormal amount Citrix Terminal prblem Server allocation RAM of RAM For example - User logs onto a Citrix desktop session and opens up Outlook or Word or IE it doesn t matter - Immediately the Outlook process consumes approx - MB of RAM - With each subsequent user that logs on Citrix and opens an application the same behavior the process spikes to - MB of RAM - IF the user minimizes the window RAM for that process drops off to about - MB Opening the window only increases the RAM Citrix Terminal Server RAM allocation prblem usage by a few hundred KB - I only have approx users logged on at only one time yet my RAM usage is pegging at Is there something in Citrix or windows that I can tweak to help manage the memory better Thanks in advance - Patrick nbsp

A:Citrix Terminal Server RAM allocation prblem

What is the size of your pagefile ?

Normally opening an app will spike the RAM but it should settle down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/citrix-terminal-server-ram-allocation-prblem.318898/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hello,we configured thin clients T520 for Citrix connection. Everything goes well, except a pop-up window "Waiting for the citrix server", that appears in front during the autologon. User must close this window first. Is there any chance how to disable this pop-up window?Thank you for your supportBRMilan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/T520-Citrix-pop-up-window-quot-Waiting-for-the-Citrix-server/td-p/5799028
Relevancy 95.03%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403995/server-2003-terminal-server-cannot-access-admin-tools/
Relevancy 94.17%

I'm looking at setting up windows 2003 terminal servers all over the place to replace the awful thing people are currently doing here - vncing servers with one small shared password among everyone <holding my hands over my ears for the backlash>. Don't blame me, it's another awful legacy I have to get rid of...

1. I've got to set up a Terminal Server Licensing server and was thinking about putting this on my second domain controller. I was wondering what would happen in this server dies, though. Is there some way of having resilience in this scenario? Perhaps a second Licensing server or something, the way you have 2 or more Domain Controllers?

2. Also, I know that Windows XP has an RDP client, I've used before on many occasions, but what about all the Windows 2000 clients that I still have out there. What should I do for them to access the new Terminal Servers?

A:Terminal Server license server(s)? RDP client for Windows2K?

I'm not 100% sure on #1, but I believe that the TS licensing becomes integrated into the AD, so if one DC goes down, the other one will be able to check licensing. On another note, if you are using the TS for administration only, I don't believe you needs the TS Licensing to be installed.

For #2, you can download the latest version of the RDP client from MS's website. It should also be available through Windows Updates, although I think Win2K isn't supported any longer, other than Critical Updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-license-server-s-rdp-client-for-windows2k.528443/
Relevancy 94.17%

I ve been having a lot of trouble with this and I hope someone here can shed some light on this for me It Terminal Server/App Mode in Server Disappearing Printers s driving me crazy Thanks in advance for any suggestions We re using Windows Server in Terminal Server Application Server mode the Clients are Win boxes Every so often once or so every to months all of a sudden All the Printers will disappear and a reboot seems to be Disappearing Printers in Terminal Server/App Server Mode the only way to get them back I ve tried restarting the Spooler with no effect I ve gone to Microsoft s site and been unable to find anything on the topic Last time Disappearing Printers in Terminal Server/App Server Mode this happened my System Log was full could this cause that The last entry was Event Type Warning Event Source Print Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer NICO Description Printer hp LaserJet PCL DEB Session was created In addition to this error message in the Sys Log I also receive the following two errors frequently and they were also the first two entries in the Sys log after rebooting Event Type Error Event Source Print Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer NICO Description PrintQueue CN NICO -Generic Text Only could not be created under Container LDAP NICO nico local CN NICO CN Computers DC nico DC local because Mandatory properties could not be set Error amp Event Type Error Event Source Print Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Computer NICO Description PrintQueue CN NICO -Generic Text Only failed to be created or updated in container LDAP NICO nico local CN NICO CN Computers DC nico DC local Error I ve gone to TechNet and entered the Source amp Event ID in the Events amp Errors search feature but no results are returned Lastly I also receive frequent Warnings in the Sys Log with the Event Source being quot Print quot with the Event ID s being amp all deal with Creating Deleting Pending Deletion and Purging Print Sessions Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disappearing-printers-in-terminal-server-app-server-mode.233206/
Relevancy 92.88%

citrix administrator logging on locally has no access permissions. Cant view "C" drive...

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi All,

This may be a daft question, though I'm sure I've seen it done...

I've installed Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 on Server 2003. Is there a way to publish Windows XP as a desktop application to our users?

Cheers
Nick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/citrix-delivering-windows-xp-from-server-2003.586690/
Relevancy 91.16%

(my client is having a problem with the citrix metaframe 1.8 web portal. for some reason, when connecting via internet explorer web browsers version 5.0 and above, some of the web browsers and able to successfully connect and some of them are not. we have tried making sure all the browser settings were the same but that did not resolve the problem. it appears as though the outline of the login screen appears but the entire screen cannot come up correctly.

as far as configuration goes, ms access is the data store. the data store is on the lan and the metaframe box is in the dmz.

any assistance is really appreciated. thank you in advance.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/citrix-metaframe-1-8-web-portal-problem.71266/
Relevancy 89.87%

So running Windows XP mode on one computer used to work fine also have another Windows bit new install from bit to Both exhibiting the same behavior log into the first portion web link just fine when we click on the citrix metaframe RUMBA window it sems to launch ok then instead of going into the normal RUMBA screen it will turn grey the icone at the bottom in task bar will convert to a CMD black icon and then it completely disappears off the Solved: Citrix window Metaframe problem screen the connection however shows the connection is there but not actual widnows i have uninstalled re-installed numerous different version of the software i ve used the citirx removal tool several times i ve deleted registry keys related to ICA or CITRIX rebooted no change does ANYONE have any idea what may be causing this does it need something installed or uninstalled or my brain hurts from this and google does not seem to have any solid fixes that work wondering if anyone else has any idea or has experienced this and fixed it thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Citrix Metaframe window problem

well, something on the computer was the cause
the only way i could get it to work was to completely format /re-install windows

a system restore did not even work

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-citrix-metaframe-window-problem.1135960/
Relevancy 88.15%

I have recently been granted the the honor of installing an additional Win Server on a user LAN running TCP IP This is the second Win server running Terminal Services on the network the other is too slow as it also has Exchange and Active Directory running It will be used exclusively by - users over a T- connection acting as an application server they are using Outlook and Server 2000 Windows Terminal Corel Word Perfect Office to access client files on a Linux file server This may be a Corel issue but they are having mucho problemos utilizing their custom keyboard strokes macros over terminal services the macros just stop working or do a totally different thing alltogether I have told them to not use macros over a Terminal Server as I thought they were iffy over a terminal server client but they are set in their ways Corel reccommends going to an all Linux LAN but they have problems Windows 2000 Terminal Server with Workstation and Windows I can t find any advice in any Corel or Win pubs Also are there any quot tweaks quot you can reccommend to speed up their terminal services connection They lock up often and lose information Word Perfect docs get corrupted alot Please Help nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Greetings

As far as speeding up a terminal service goes, all I have for you is the obvious:

1) Set the desktop to 256 colours maximum (16 would be better, but I think your users might revolt)

2) Disallow wallpapper pictures

3) Disallow any "additions" like Hotbar browser skinner for IE.

4) Make the maximum screen size 800x600
Basically, the way you speed up a Terminal Server session is to drecrease the information being sent to and from the server. Since what is being sent to the server is merely keyboard strokes and mouse clicks, there is not much you can do there. You can, however, speed up the images being sent to the clients by making them less complex. Less colours, less size and less variation will help with that.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-terminal-server.29867/
Relevancy 88.15%

We have Windows 2000 Terminal Services running and working with IE5. Once a user upgrades to IE6, we can no longer get an authentication screen. We can access the initial screen where we enter the server we are accessing, then in 5.0 the next screen to open is the authentication window to enter our user ids and passwords. With the upgrade to IE6, the second screen opens but nothing happens, the authentication window is replaced with a picture holder and white box with a red x. Does anyone know how to get 2000 Terminal Services to work with IE6?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-and-windows-2000-terminal-server.180598/
Relevancy 88.15%

We are currently running Windows 2000 Server. I know that Windows 2000 has Terminal Server built it. I want to add this function for a new software package we are getting ready to install. I need this done prior to installation so I don't have to go around to every computer. Can this be done without messing up my current network settings or the files that are on the server. I am not willing to jeopordize the files on the server for this function. Any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-terminal-server.396718/
Relevancy 88.15%

The situation is this...

I have a client who wants to install a server PC where they can use remote desktop connection, needs to be Win2003 as they need to have simultanious logins - in itself this is no problem, they are behind a router but setting up NAPT is no problem also.

My problem is that they already have a leased server also running Win2003 that has GPS tracking facility and is only used for this purpose - they can't also use it as a file server, and they are currently running it as a Terminal Server with RDC.

My problem is that I want to have both servers behind the same router/firewall but also be able to use remote desktop through the web and have users able to log into either of the servers?

A:Windows 2003 Terminal Server RDC

I believe you can change the port that Terminal Services runs on. But this would require them to always enter that port in when they use the client.

http://www.petri.co.il/change_terminal_server_listening_port.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-terminal-server-rdc.422367/
Relevancy 88.15%

hi, i am trying to get Windows 2003 EE Server to allow remote desktop via XP or Terminal Server, and it doesn't work.

is there some switch or config i need to modify to make this work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-terminal-server-rdp.154992/
Relevancy 87.29%

We have to setup terminal services for about 20 people. Only 10 people will be connected at any time.

Does this mean I only need 10 User CAL's or do I need 20 User CAL's 1 for each connection even though only 10 will be in use at any given time.

I don't want to use Per device because these users jump around.

A:Windows 2003 Terminal server CALs

I believe that "per user" is just how many people are connected... Not how many people do connect. That is the way that I always assumed. I know that 2000 didn't care... The licenses were just a piece of paper.

Device-based versus User-based Terminal Server CALs
Two types of Terminal Server Client Access Licenses are available: TS Device CAL or TS User CAL.

&#8226; A TS Device CAL permits one device (used by any user) to conduct Windows Sessions on any of your servers.

&#8226; A TS User CAL permits one user (using any device) to conduct Windows Sessions on any of your servers.
You may choose to use a combination of TS Device CALs and TS User CALs simultaneously with the server software.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/ts2003.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-terminal-server-cals.463225/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi I ve got an old PC that I d like to run a media centre on but it s not very powerful I know there are things like Microsoft Terminal Server that I know my school uses but that s Free more Server likely :)) alternative Terminal (or Windows way too expensive so I was wondering if there was a free alternative that would preferably serve out a Windows image so I can run normal programs aswell so not Linux which I have a license for Is there anything like that that I could get I have a server that is always running so that s not a problem Runs normal Windows Vista so not like a proper server Ideally I d like it to boot directly to the image as I ve noticed stuff like VNC and RDP though much less seem to lag quite a bit Thanks and I understand that there might not be anything out there like this as it s something probably more suited to a corporate environment nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-windows-terminal-server-or-more-likely-alternative.1013045/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello,

I am dealing with what looks to be the directrdr issue. The difference here is that it is on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. As all the other postings, I have run numerous scans of SuperAntispyware, MalwareBytes, and McAfee VirusScan Enterprise in both normal and safe modes. I can not get to the root of what is kicking it off after I think I've beat the thing. The difference from reading a lot of the postings is that some of the tools you need me to run do not work with Server 2003 such as DDS. Please advise as to what you would like to see from me. We have been working this problem at the clients location for a week including deep into the night(s) to no avail. Any help you can provide quickly will be much appreciated...

Thank you!

A:Directrdr on Windows 2003 Terminal Server

I see this has been moved due to lack of logs but as explained in my first post I am unable to run the logs requested. Will this be moved back to the original forum once I am told which specific logs (which run on server 2003) to post? Since the post was moved, should I have gotten an e-mail as I do have notification turned on? Thank you for your quick response.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315577/directrdr-on-windows-2003-terminal-server/
Relevancy 87.29%

Is there a way to limit what starts up when a person logs into terminal server on my server? I have services that startup when I initially log in, but everyone that logs in after me says that they are getting messages that these servises can't start because they are already running. Now keep in mind that these are not windows services, they are programs that I have installed for the software that we use.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-windows-server-2003-terminal-services.773972/
Relevancy 87.29%

My users are using thin client devices and connect to a database via a terminal server. Using a group policy, the desktop has been locked down so they cannot access things that they should not be accessing. However, I have noticed that if these users press the windows key + E, then this fires up "My Computer" and drives are available to them. Although, I have locked permission to these drives, I do not want them see My Computer in the first place.

Does anyone know where this can be disabled?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disable-windows-key-on-terminal-server-session.740343/
Relevancy 87.29%

A group of AD users needs to be able to, on their windows 8 workstations,:
A: log into any workstation in the network
B: Have 3 icons including an rdp session show up on their desktop
C: Have those same icons not show up on their terminal server profile
and thats it to get started.

What is the simplest way to get this done.
How do I get this done?
Server 2008 environment w/ 2k8 TS profiles
Windows 8/8.1 workstations

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a2dc13b-a9b8-4c03-bbca-79364514c968/windows-8server-2k8-environment-w-terminal-servers-?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi, my office has a terminal server and every time I launch it with dual monitors the terminal server windows do not lock at the maximum size. I can move the entire terminal server window up and down and side to side just by moving the mouse...it is irritating and not allowing me to use the computer efficiently.

I am hoping someone knows how to resolve this problem. If I use 1 monitor, the screen locks. The other guys in the office with Windows XP do not have this problem either.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

A:Terminal Server screen won't lock in windows 7

You can try to repost this question in the Networking Section, since you are using a Terminal Server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177815-terminal-server-screen-wont-lock-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello - I ve currently got a problem at work that is giving me a few sleepless nights Basically I support a specialised tax application that has been around for a number of years and is solid and of good quality However we Server Services 2003/Terminal Windows have one user who has developed a problem recently This is our only User who is running Windows Server and Terminal Services Basically the system had been working fine for a number of years but recently developed a problem The User has not Windows Server 2003/Terminal Services made any changes to the configuration other than the addition of Windows Server Service Pack I can replicate the problem by denying Write access to the key system folder but I ve got the User to check and he can write to files within the folder in question outside of the application I know that Windows Server 2003/Terminal Services Windows Server Service Pack did introduce a number of improvements to Security but have not found anything to explain the problem The application does make use of the Registry which may be relevant Any ideas pointers would be very gratefully received Many thanks Steve W nbsp

A:Windows Server 2003/Terminal Services

Update - I've made some progress on this. The problem is being caused by the implementation of Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1. I know this update made a number of changes to Security and I suspect the answer lies in this area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-terminal-services.416675/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello my name is License Services 2000 Windows Server Terminal Adam I am a desktop lan admin for a warehouse supply company in New York We run a strictly Windows domain with about Windows 2000 Terminal Services License Server computers and maybe or Windows XP machines I recently enabled a Terminal Services Server to allow or of my users to run database intensive Apps on the server The reason for this is when they use specific functions in our quot in house application quot the app freezes up until it has finished its process allocation of Windows 2000 Terminal Services License Server goods for large orders takes about an hour tops The app freezes up to do its job and the user is left with nothing to do because they cant touch the app until its done So by enabling terminal services for them they can run there allocations on the Terminal server minimize it and keep doing there work on there computers Now along with the Terminal Service Server I am aware I need a Terminal service license server enabled on the network within days I have yet to enable a license server because I am somewhat unclear on its neccesity I have read in the microsoft documentation http www microsoft com technet prodtechnol win kts default mspx that machines with Windows on them already have built in licenses and therefore you do not need to purchase additional licenses The documentation also states that if you do not enable a license server anyone without a pre issued license will not be able to connect My question is this if I am only connecting to the terminal services server via Windows Machines do i even need the license server It would appear to me that the Windows Machines DO have built in Licenses thus allowing them to connect regaurdless of the License Server What I suspect is that even though I don t have to pay for additional licenses the License server has to be up and running because thats how Microsoft likes to be The reason i d like to avoid this is because a license server has to be enabled on a domain controller and id like to avoid running more services on my domain controller Any help or info is much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Windows 2000 Terminal Services License Server

IM moving my post to the Windows forum. Sorry bout that

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-terminal-services-license-server.436589/
Relevancy 86.43%

My business came across this problem with Windows NT Terminal Server Edition where the CPU on the server spiked to 100% for a few minutes and everything stopped.
The people connected to Terminal Server are using IBM Thin Client computers which do not have their own CPU.

The cause of the problem, which Microsoft will not acknowledge, is related to Thin Clients, Terminal Server and Office 97 or Office 2000.

If a person tries to copy and then paste a document which is approximately four pages or bigger in Office 97 or Office 2000, all resources are used and because Thin Clients don't have their own CPU's, the server CPU is overloaded. This causes the CPU to spike to 100%, for however long it takes to copy and paste the document. This also brings everyone on the Terminal Server to a stop and nothing can be done until it has finished pasting.

Hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/information-on-the-reason-for-100-cpu-spikes-using-windows-nt-terminal-server.47473/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am moving a NT 4.0 Terminal server to a Windows 2000 domain from the current NT 4.0 domain. What is the best way to do this for a server? Is it the same procedure as for a workstation? This server is also a Citrix server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-nt-4-0-terminal-server-to-windows-2000-domain.257484/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello all I m a long time lurker but first time infection 2003 Zbot on server. terminal Windows poster I Zbot infection on Windows 2003 terminal server. used to consider myself fairly competent in exorcising malware demons from people s PCs I certainly have enough people bringing them to me for that purpose but my old tricks don t seem to be keeping pace with the new threats Recently we had a Zbot outbreak on our network that pointed out glaring security holes in our defenses that existed due Zbot infection on Windows 2003 terminal server. to Zbot infection on Windows 2003 terminal server. lack of administrative manpower and an ill-advised managerial directive to favor data accessibility and application communication over proper security practices After three of us losing an entire weekend to isolation cleanup and reimaging of servers where necessary we are changing our ways and have all servers running the latest McAfee Virusscan Enterprise with maximum protection have closed down shares of system volumes and have a renewed focus on proper security practices That being said we are still not completely rid of the Zbot infection The terminal server upon which we conduct our day to day activities not online banking for now for obvious reasons is still attempting to infect the executables of other servers on the network one in particular seems to be its primary target The McAfee on-access scanner on that server seems to be detecting and cleaning the infections but some evil is definitely still at work - in TCPview I can see connections being established with unknown IPs one of them in Russia which are definitely not legitimate traffic Not to mention the fraudulent charge that showed up on my corporate credit card I have tried to watch for suspicious activity in Process Explorer but don t really know what to look for The odd thing not odd for a virus I guess but perplexing and annoying is that nothing we ve tried can find a problem on the terminal server in question We have done in-depth scanning with McAfee and the command line scanner and various other tools GetSusp autoruns GMER under the direction of McAfee support and cannot find the source of the unauthorized activity I for my own part have tried a number of tools that have been helpful with PCs SuperAntiSpyware MBAM and Spybot and while the first scan with SAS cleaned up the usual web surfing crap subsequent scans with MBAM and Spybot came back clean I don t think it would be advisable to run ComboFix on a terminal server as its use even on a PC is recommended only under the guidance of a trained security professional I have looked in the most obvious places for rogue programs starting with Windows but I just cannot find it McAfee will not escalate the case until we can provide a malicious sample which is a huge catch since neither the software the first-level tech nor we can determine which is the malicious file I just don t know what else to try at this point so I am humbly submitting this request for assistance It seems that our Zbot variant is completely evading detection on the terminal server - I have read that even with a fully patched OS and up to date antivirus the detection rate for this virus is less than and likely closer to I would appreciate any input that might help us in isolating and removing the infection whether it be another program to try another place to look or a procedure to follow I will be somewhat limited in what I can do immediately by this being a production server but will attempt to perform any suggested procedures remotely after hours Thanks in advance for your help - I know someone out there must have the knowledge skills and tools to find this thing and kill it Bonus points and a beer to anyone who can ship me the head of the bastard who coded the Zbot construction kit in a box with a pretty Christmas bow on it I want the last three weeks of my life back

A:Zbot infection on Windows 2003 terminal server.

Hello,I would like to run 2 tools and see if there is improvement.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Please perform a scan with Eset Online Antiivirus Scanner.This scan requires Internet Explorer to work. Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator.To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.Click the green button.Read the End User License Agreement and check the box: Check .Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Check Check Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications. (If given the option, choose "Quarantine" instead of delete.)Click the Start button.ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer.If offered the option to get information or buy software at any point, just close the window.The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt. Push the button, then Finish.Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply.Note: A log.txt file will also be created and automatically saved in the C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\ folder.If you did not save the ESETScan log, click > Run..., then type or copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Open dialogue box:C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txtClick Ok and the scan results will open in Notepad.Copy and paste the contents of log.txt in your next reply.-- Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369821/zbot-infection-on-windows-2003-terminal-server/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello my name is Adam I am a desktop lan admin for a warehouse supply company in New York We run a strictly Windows domain with about computers and maybe or Windows XP machines I recently enabled a Terminal Services Server to allow or of my users to run database intensive Apps on the server The reason for this is when they use specific functions in our quot in house application quot the app freezes up until it has finished its process allocation of goods for large orders takes about an hour tops The app freezes up to do its job and the user is left with nothing to do because they cant touch the app until its done So by enabling terminal services for them they can run there allocations on the Terminal server minimize it and keep doing there work on there computers Now along with the Terminal Service Server I am aware I 2000 License Terminal Server Services Windows need a Terminal service license server enabled on the network within days I have Windows 2000 Terminal Services License Server yet to enable Windows 2000 Terminal Services License Server a license server because I am somewhat unclear on its neccesity I have read in the microsoft documentation http www microsoft com technet pro s default mspx that machines with Windows on them already have built in licenses and therefore you do not need to purchase additional licenses The documentation also states that if you do not enable a license server anyone without a pre issued license will not be able to connect My question is this if I am only connecting to the terminal services server via Windows Machines do i even need the license server It would appear to me that the Windows Machines DO have built in Licenses thus allowing them to connect regaurdless of the License Server What I suspect is that even though I don t have to pay for additional licenses the License server has to be up and running because thats how Microsoft likes to be The reason i d like to avoid this is because a license server has to be enabled on a domain controller and id like to avoid running more services on my domain controller Any help or info is much appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

I administer a Terminal and data server for a realty company The admin staff logon to a Terminal server which has group policies applied They have Outlook/Publisher Server Errors 2k3 Windows Terminal no dekstop access their start menu is redirected they can only access their user share which is under my documents and a data share that is mapped to F SBS is installed witrh exchange active They use MS Publisher to design graphics for the realtors and then email the documents out through distribution lists Now they were able to do that until the servers were replaced a few months back They attempt to quot Send This Page as a Message quot from within publisher but when they add the distribution lists and click send a PUBLISHER error is returned saying the quot Operation has Failed quot If they try to attach the document in Outlook and send to ths lists OUTLOOK returns a quot The messaging interface has returned an unknown error If the problem persists restart Outlook I tried these same procedures under the admin account and it completes successfully so I know it has to do with Windows 2k3 Terminal Server Outlook/Publisher Errors group policy locking them out I have searched gpo and cannot find anything that would relate to preventing them from sending these documents All staff have Owner status on the distribution lists Microsoft hasn t been much help with their KB s and Google cannot turn up much either Please has someone encountered this error I need your help The realtors are getting angry their advertisements aren t being sent out and I m starting to look like the bad guy Thanks Andrew MSA Computer Ltd nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2k3-terminal-server-outlook-publisher-errors.617951/
Relevancy 86.43%

Help! I have a windows 2000 terminal server that is not allowing very many users to log on at once. They are getting the error "Could not load profile, please increase registry size and restart" - If I go into terminal services manager and kick some people off that have been idle for a while, and reset the sessions I just disconnected, more users can connect. I have tried everything I can find online and I still have this issue! What the heck is going on here? Thanks

A:Windows 2000 Terminal Server Logon Problems

Google that error message. You'll find a host of threads/articles about it.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-terminal-server-logon-problems/66189.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have windows server 2003 running terminal services, and when I remote desktop to it - this is what happens

1st connect - everything's fine, runs smoothly
2nd conect - message "could not connect to remote computer, check connections..."
3rd connect - "the remote computer ended the connection"

Help me. I am going out of my mind. I have to restart the server everytime this happens.

I regularly need to connect to the server, and its very annoying.
Cheers

Relevancy 84.71%

Trying to put Office 2010 on a machine running Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP2) with Terminal Services.

The machine will be set up so that anyone requiring the usage of Office 2010 can use RDP to log onto the server and use the programs there.

1) Do I need a specific version of Office 2010 to make this work?
2) Is this a violation of the license agreement for Office 2010? (Obviously I care about this less than the first part, but I'd like to know.)

The only reason I ask is because apparently my friend tried to install a version of Office 2010 we had lying around and it apparently gave him some weird error about Terminal Services... haven't seen the error myself but I thought I'd ask before I try this again.

A:Office 2010 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 machine with Terminal Services

Not sure about 2003, but with 2008 the Volume License Enterprise version of office is required.
Investigate that aspect. we tried installing office pro 2007 on our TS with Windows 2008 and it balked so i did some research and there are several posts that said it had to be VL Ent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-2010-on-a-windows-server-2003-r2-sp2-machine-with-terminal-services.160712/
Relevancy 84.71%

We have an ASP database, connecting via Citrix. The Citrix server settings were provided to us by the ASP vendor. When there are problems, the vendor's reply is sometimes, "that's a citrix issue, it's not us". My question is, wouldn't the Citrix server be in their location? It's not my understanding that Citrix provides servers out on the cloud, out of reach of the vendor. Do I misunderstand this?

Thanks,

Vince

A:ASP via Citrix -- whose server?

Is there a better forum for Citrix issues? I didn't really find any discussion of them anywhere on the site, so I took a stab in this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asp-via-citrix-whose-server.839974/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello, 

I have a very frustrating problem. I want to use Windows 2008 R2 Terminalserver with Outlook 2016. 
Unfortunately every time a user starts Outlook, he installs the 64 bit Components. It seems there is one solution: Installing Windows Search Role and starting Outlook in Installation Mode. 
Seems to work. With that solution, there is another problem: It is not possible to search in pst-files. Windows error log says event ID 3036. Looks like, Windows Search cannot index pst-files (in network). The possible solution to disable indexing for Outlook
does not work because the configuration change got reseted after relogin. This might happen because of our Roaming users. 
As you can see, I have one problem. When Windows Search is installed, pst-files are not searchable. When Windows Search is not installed, Outlook 64 bit Components get installed every start of Outlook. 

Is there anybody who has other ideas for a solution? 

Thank you for your help. 

Jens

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb0b5569-aafc-4014-ba0e-0996563187e7/windows-terminal-server-2008-r2-with-roaming-users-outlook-2016-searching-in-pst-impossible?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 82.56%

Well my boss has decided to go crazy and has tasked me with trying to buy server hardware for a new Citrix farm he wants to implement The problem is the talks I have had with Citrix people Server Citrix Hardware farm? for I can t get ANY kind of help as far as number of users per Server Hardware for Citrix farm? server CPU RAM requirements and things of that nature this is making it difficult to tell my boss the hardware we should get I already know we want Raid and a fair amount of storage as citrix has to have the applications images loaded onto the server correct will multi processor help the number of users that can connect With this in mind and knowing we only use standard applications I E windows XP pro Office and fery few other applications does anyone have a clue what type of servers I should be looking at I E RAM requirements and CPU speed Is CPU speed directly proportional to the number of users who can connect to any given server I know we are going to have some kind of load balencing solution for failover but I wanted to get some ideas on what to prep for nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
What is the Windows XP Terminal Server SP2..What does it differ from normal windows XP SP2? I have a software developed, which works on windows XP SP2, but not on windows XP Terminal server SP2..

Please suggest on this..

A:Difference b/w Windows XP Terminal Server SP2 and normal windows XP SP2

The main difference is that a Terminal Server (TS) interconnects devices using RS-232 serial communications where normal WinXP computers interconnect using Ethernet or WiFi.

You can think of a TS as a router, that can interconnect several terminals using serial communications, a modem, and, using NICs, to a standard network.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/difference-b-w-windows-xp-terminal-server-sp2-and-normal-windows-xp-sp2-664508.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am looking for any guidelines or recommendation on running EMET on a RDS environment. So far in our testing we have had to put in a number of fixes and workarounds to get EMET stable. Just curious if there are any other guidelines or a general stance on
EMET support in RDS and Citrix Xenapp. 
Thanks,
Lance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/12435187-4fa3-4188-b2a2-898910f2f2d1/emet-on-rdscitrix-xenapp-presentation-server?forum=emet
Relevancy 81.7%

I have had this problem for awhile and cannot seem to stop it or figure out where it is coming from. It seems that Citrix Presentation Server Client is continually installed on my PC. I can do a complete uninstall and 24 hours later it is reinstalled. I pretty much have a generic install of XP Pro SP2 with only Office 2003. Any clue where this could be coming from?

TIA
mhm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/undesired-citrix-presentation-server-client-254549.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello, I am unable to get published embeded application in the web client to launch after connectin to the server I see the applications selection, I click on the required application and I receive notification that the connection is in progress and than the error box stating: "Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server. There is no Citrix MetaFrame server configured on the specified address". I am accessing the server through a firewall with a static public IP that is redirecting the port "80" to the server. The server is set with a static privite IP. I can access the server through the public IP with remote desktop. If you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Citrix Meta Frame XP Presentation Server

kenputerguru said:

Hello, I am unable to get published embeded application in the web client to launch after connectin to the server I see the applications selection, I click on the required application and I receive notification that the connection is in progress and than the error box stating: "Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server. There is no Citrix MetaFrame server configured on the specified address". I am accessing the server through a firewall with a static public IP that is redirecting the port "80" to the server. The server is set with a static private IP. I can access the server through the public IP with remote desktop. If you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/citrix-meta-frame-xp-presentation-server.220980/
Relevancy 80.41%

This morning i am having issues with my company's remote site connecting to our server. I have a facility here and everything is fine. The Remote site there are three machines. They have been connecting for years and this morning nothing. They get online but can not connect via RDP. Just errors out, can not connect. I can connect from home just fine. Oh and heres a weird part. The vista machine can connect but two xp machines cant. HELP!
Thanks
Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-help-rdp.602614/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am setting up terminal services using windows 2000 server. Does anybody know of any good texts or documentation is on how to do this. I have some bits and pieces form all over the place but I thought somebody here might be able to better direct me.

Thankyou in advance
Shukran

A:Terminal Server

Here's a pretty good site: http://windows.about.com/cs/terminalservices/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server.81464/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all hope someone has an idea because I am clueless helping out a Real estate office they have Windows server which shares files and has a few apps a a as server terminal bdc Using and runs terminal server for about on and off users The server is bogging a bit at the terminal database program so i figured adding a second server to ease the terminal services load made Using a bdc as a terminal server sense Also thought why not make it a bdc as well good backup but use the bdc for terminal services double duty My or so accounts with settings already created so makes sense I installed the second machine added it and promoted it to seconday server Within minutes my users are populated from the pdc in user manager beautiful Except I can t log in to the bdc at all with anything but administrator quot Whether through terminal services or right at the console any account other that administrator fails quot The system could not log you on be sure username and password are correct quot etc Am I missing something Can I do what I m trying to do Any help or clues would be appreciated Thanks all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-bdc-as-a-terminal-server.507951/
Relevancy 80.41%

now that i have all my users logging in remotely to the terminal server, they are filling up the c drive and it is having problems. how do i get the users info not to be housed on this drive? I want all the users to use the f partician.
All info has been greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 80.41%

Location One :--- Head Office

I have one Terminal Server which have local IP Address as what I am using the IP range in company. IP Address of the server is configured in my SGS Firewall and is linked with Global IP Address.

Location Two :--- Ware House

I have one computer in warehouse which is using Dialup connection to connect with the Head office to access one folder.

Please Help :---

How can I connect warehouse computer with this terminal server through Dialup.

A:Please Help Terminal Server

start with this ms article

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-terminal-server.74191/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all,
My task is to allow my accountant access to my MYOB files. He tells me his clients usually do it through Windows Terminal Services (which I guess is the Terminal Server software). A few questions to start: How do I find out if its been installed; how do I enable it? and how do I get into the configuration of it? I'm new to this one but Ive got Logmein and XPUnlimited to work in the (distant) past ....
The other totally newbie question I have is .... Once its setup, what does the person that wants to connect to my machine do to connect?
Thanks
T.

A:XP and Terminal Server

XP does not have Terminal Services; TS is available on Windows Server versions only. Instead, XP has a part of it called Remote Desktop. Certain versions of XP can act as a Remote Desktop server.

What are MYOB files, and what type of access does he need? (Meaning, what is he doing with them?)

BTW, which version of XP do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-and-terminal-server.853208/
Relevancy 80.41%

Think I probably know the answer to this, but worth a shot.

I've got a bit of software that I've loaded onto our server and would like to be able to be accessed by people logging in.

When I run the application, it comes up saying that it can't be run on Windows Terminal Server.

Is there any options that I can adjust to enable this or will it simply not run?

A:Terminal Server

Probably not.... it usually helps to mention the software name though.

If it expressly says it won't run on terminal server then I highly doubt it will.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server.488695/
Relevancy 80.41%

Can I add terminal server role to my domain controller? The domain contoller only holds the files of the folks in the active directory. No databases run on this computer.
As of now the DC will only allow just the two administrative log ins and I have setup the terminal services licenses for 150 users on another computer in the domain.

Thanks.

Relevancy 79.55%

hey does anyone know where i can get a list of terminal server compatable printers just need to know what will work so can make recommendations would appreciate any suggestions

A:Terminal server and printers

the vendor site of the terminal server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-and-printers.571891/
Relevancy 79.55%

I cannot get any Terminal server clients to connect to our Exchange Server.
We run Terminal Server on a Windows 2000 server and are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000.
When I log into terminal server and try to setup a user profile I get an error "The name could not be resolved. The microsoft exchange address book was unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if the problem persists.
I am able to ping the Exchange Server by the IP address.

Any idea?

Thanks

Jill

A:Terminal Server and Exchange

I have a feeling that its going to be something to do with Active Directory, and Users and Groups. Does the user whose profile you are trying to set up already have a user account in both the W2K domain and on the Exchange server?

This article offers a fix for a very similar problem, without really explaining why the fix is necessary.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q255843

If you can't get Terminal Server to work, have you considered setting up Outlook Web Access, as this is really easy to configure and demonstrate to your users?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-and-exchange.77762/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a user who is conneccting to our VPN server via
the internet remote connection. He stays connected for
anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and a half. Then he
is kicked off with a VBscript remote desktop disconnected
internal error has occured error. When he tries to log
back in again he cannot find the server. I need to
reboot so that he can log in again. Had him ping the IP
and it timed out. Anyone know what is going on with
this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-web-access.191066/
Relevancy 79.55%

1 simple question. After installing Terminal server on my box what ports do I open in my firewall in order for outside users to connect and work remotely?

A:Terminal Server Install

TCP Port 3389.Such thing can be figured out be the following command in a DOS box (CMD):netstat -anb | more

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/terminal-server-install/65608.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all,

Hope someone can help me out with this. We have a Terminal Server 2008 R2 running inside of Hyper-V. Once a week or so we are getting Bluescreens and the server reboots. I ran the SF Diagnostic Tool and upload to this post Appreciate if someone can help me out here.

Thanks

A:BSOD on Terminal Server

You have to much user mode application craches (information from MSINFO32.nfo). And in 2 dmp files we have:
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4) Probably caused by : csrss.exe EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4) Probably caused by : csrss.exe EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005
It can be system files corrupted (try sfc /scannow ) or problems with security patches.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346747-bsod-terminal-server.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a NT 4.0 terminal server with the citrix server installed as well. The problem I am having is that when youre logged in and idle after a certain time you gett disconnected. Your processes still run on the server. When you log back in you're supposed to be right where you left off, however Word 2000 is coming back screwy where pages out of a document get scrambled. I want to bame this on word and temp files but not sure. Anyone else have any ideas? It only shows up in word so far adn only after a disconnect and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-terminal-server-problem.50716/
Relevancy 79.55%

This has been happening for a while Bot to Server.. Terminal trying my hack now several times per week I notice activity on my Terminal Services Manager and when I look at it I see that someone something is trying every second to log onto it It trys gets bumped and then immediately trys again until I disable my WAN to terminal server Then he goes away when he can t hit it anymore Now there are only users in this terminal server so I know its an outside source I am running Windows Server My question is what can I do Is there a way to trick him Let him on my server but in a digital sandbox environment I used to be Bot trying to hack my Terminal Server.. able to see an ip for a split second but now it appears its masked I am using default port of to listen for my clients Bot trying to hack my Terminal Server.. so I am about to change that But still feels to passive I am mad about seeing someone trying to break into my house analogy Is there software that will let an attacker know that I am not going Bot trying to hack my Terminal Server.. to stand for this Thanks to techguy forums I have been here a lot just never asked a networking question Have a great day folks nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys,

We have recently upgraded all of our clients machines from XP to Win7 pro. and left all our servers on Win2003 st. edition. While on XP, users were able to connect and print on our terminal server which is running Win2003 but we have been having problems after the clients were upgraded to win7. User's printers are not being redirected now. Im not too sure if this is windows7 with win2003 issue or just HP drivers issue because all the printers are HP. I did try and find most of the HP win7 drivers to isolate the problem and I even downloaded HP univ. drivers but still the printer were not being redirected. What could be the issue here, I'm really confused.

Please help. Thanks

A:Win 7 and Win 2003 terminal server

Hi msizim - Welcome to SF,

Do you have a Print Server Role configured in one of your Windows Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/141831-win-7-win-2003-terminal-server.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Problem : I am running W2k Terminal Server, User logs in and automatically starts program they are using. When they go to print I get an access violation, and refuses to print. Printer is a HP 4050 that is networked to client side NT4 server. Client is using Win98, and terminal server client.

When I run these same clients in a Terminal server windowed enviroment, and start my program from the desktop, and try and print, I have no problem printing = no Acces Violation.

any suggestions would be welcome.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Apologies if this is not Terminal Server Licensing the correct forum but I figured it was closest When I log onto one of our new Windows terminal servers I get the error message quot Your terminal services temporary client license will expire in days Please contact your system administrator to get a permanent license quot I looked for part of the message on the net and got the following The function of Terminal Server CALs in Windows Server http support microsoft com kb which told me that the solution was Click Start point to Administrative Tools and then click Terminal Services Configuration Click Server Settings and then double-click Licensing Mode Change the Licensing Terminal Server Licensing Mode to Per User and then click OK The problem I have is that if I do that I cannot change the licensing mode as the box is greyed out no drop down This problem will cause the collapse of a major system within a few days so I am asking for help as I do not know what the solution is Kyu nbsp

A:Terminal Server Licensing

The TS needs to be licensed and it doesn't think it is. Are you using this just for the admin connections (2max) or for users to logon? If its for users you need to register that box with your license server for the TS cals.

edit: this may help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325869

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-licensing.606743/
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm trying to set-up s terminal server and connect via RDP. It's running on Windows Server 2003, port 3389 is listening, but when I find the server on RDP, it says, "the client could not connect to the computer. Remote connections might not be running..." All remote and terminal services are running. Please help.

A:HELP. RDP terminal server issues!

The client is on the same LAN?

You made sure port 3389 is open on any firewall running on the server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-rdp-terminal-server-issues.899495/
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm new to the forum and not too tech savvy so please be patient OS Windows bit Laptop ASUS Notebook K IJ Series I work from home a Cannot connect to terminal Server lot by remoting in to my PC at work Last week I was able to remote in Cannot connect to terminal Server just fine but today could not using Cannot connect to terminal Server my laptop I could remote in using my wife's laptop just fine but could not using mine I get the following error Could not connect to terminal server I can log into the network just fine I have a random passkey that I enter etc But when I put in my workstation ID and try to connect I get the above error Again I was able to log in just fine using my Cannot connect to terminal Server wife's laptop today but not mine I have not made any changes recently that I know of Any help would be greatly appreciated If you give me something to try please provide step by step instructions on how to complete the steps Thank you Update This seems to be an Internet Explorer issue I downloaded and tried to remote in using Firefox and it worked just fine Any ideas why IE is now giving me issues Is there a setting that changed I was gonna try to uninstall and reinstall IE but it does not come up in my list of programs to uninstall

A:Cannot connect to terminal Server

Go into System Restore and restore your PC to a date before you started having trouble. If you are not familiar with the process, look at this tutorial System Restore Let us know how it goes. This will not erase any of your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266441-cannot-connect-terminal-server.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I just loaded up Windows 2000 Professional (Installed, same thing) how do I run/configure Microsoft Terminal server/

A:2000 Terminal Server

Do you mean the Terminal Services Client? You need a W2K server running Terminal services to connect to. the client is on the w2k server disk. Install that and configure to the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-terminal-server.96726/
Relevancy 79.55%

On a shared printer from a NT Server I keep receiving an Event error 8775 Out of Disk space. I can print from NT server with any user I give permission to print with this printer. But when I install it on terminal server I can only print from administrator account even though the users have permission. This printer is a Deskjet 895C and connected to a Dlink printserver. I have a NT member server managing the que and is shared. I can't understand why it is not working! I just got done connecting a LJ4 with the exact print server and also connecting to terminal server and that is working fine.

A:{Resolved} - Terminal Server

I will answer my own question. I read on a website about the incompatability between HP printer drivers and NT Terminal Server. I used a Deskjet 660 driver in the place of the Deskjet 895 driver and worked and is currently printer for users on TS. Just wanted to share that in case anybody else runs into it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-terminal-server.28315/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have my terminal service liscences set up as per device. Can I change it to per user? Can I buy individual terminal server liscences?

Relevancy 79.55%

Can any1 maybe help me to get this right.

I work for a company that has branches all over the show and the outside branches connect to a terminal server to work on an access application. how would i be able to get them to print to their local machine, and to make it worse some of the printers are network and some are just connected to a local machine of the branch.

Ive searched all over the web but to no prevail. and its realy starting to become a bother.

PLEAS help if any1 can.

OH! and have a good 1

A:Printing over a terminal server.

you'll need to install all the individual print drivers:

Printers and Faxes --> File --> Server Properties --> Drivers

If you want to avoid installing a hundred print drivers, you can install something like PrimoPDF (can get it from download.com for free) on the client machine and on the terminal server. If they print to PrimoPDF when in terminal services, it will bring it up in a PDF file on their end, and they can then print to whatever printers are attached to their machine.

You will also need to follow the article at the following address to make sure your printers can map to the terminal server:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302361

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-over-a-terminal-server.639458/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, this is my first post and I'm kinda lost at this point. I know this is a Windows 7 forum but I need help desperately. I have a new windows server 2008 standard 32bit terminal server setup. The users log in to run several applications and do their printing. The server blue screens constantly while people are working. I am almost cretin the cause is print driver related. Please help me troubleshoot the minidump. The dump contains two separate days I tried to go live with the new box. Thank you for your help!

A:BSOD on new terminal server

Welcome

All the dumps show memory corruption
Run memtest86+ on each stick of ram for 8 passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254284-bsod-new-terminal-server.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to install Quickbooks Enterprise so that it runs as a Termnial Server session. Since Intuit is no longer supporting Canadian versions of this software I have no luck getting the proper procedures from them to complete the install. Does anyone know what is required to get the install done? Should be the same as the US version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quickbooks-on-a-terminal-server.338689/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to get Office XP Pro to work using terminal services. The problem is when my users log in and try to access an office application they get an error:

"Only Administrators have permissions to add, remove, or configure server software during a terminal services remote session. If you want to install software on the server, contact your administrator."

I also get two errors in my event log. I have attached screen shots of the errors. The only thing I know for sure is that it is some sort of permissions issue. If I add the users in question to the local admin group on the server the errors stop.

I have been online and researched this until my eyeballs have fallen out but have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
schony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-office-xp-pro-on-a-terminal-server.418630/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have netmeeting on the terminal server (nt4.0 SP5) connected straight to the internet. Works great if I'm at the console. If I try to connect via terminal server client or citrix client it still hosts meetings but sharing and collaboration buttons are grayed out??? Please help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netmeeting-on-a-terminal-server.29008/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hopefully someone can assist I have a user who has been set up to access an application through a terminal server She is in the same group s as everyone else so the permissions are the same When she logs into the terminal server launches Won't Unless Server Terminal OCX Admin on Register the application and then attempts to enter data she receives the following error frmBOL GridSetup - Component Grid OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid I attempted to register the OCX but the user wasn t an admin on the server I made her an admin logged off and back on and then properly registered the file Tested and it worked Logged out as user removed admin privileges for her OCX Won't Register Unless Admin on Terminal Server and logged her back in but then she received the same error - OCX not correctly registered Any thoughts The part that s puzzling to me is that her perms should be no different than anyone else I ve removed and readded her blown away the profile but no luck The only solution is to set her as an admin which to me is not truly a solution It s definitely not something I want to do Thanks in advance Mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ocx-wont-register-unless-admin-on-terminal-server.631763/
Relevancy 78.69%

Error message "The driver for the terminal server keyboard driver is preventing machine from entering standby If problem persists ,you may have to update this driver

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey All,

I am hosting a terminal server for clients with software running to their specifications. I keep running into a common problem. It seems like every now and then, someone doent have a printer that is supported by terminal server or I always end up downloading yet another printer driver. (Its a never ending game).

I would ultimately like to have a solution that will "pass thru" without me having to keep installing drivers.

OR

Set up a list of common printer drivers for clients to have. Does anyone know of most common/popular printers?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

-Tyler

A:Common Terminal Server Printers?

tylerbrevard said:

Hey All,

I am hosting a terminal server for clients with software running to their specifications. I keep running into a common problem. It seems like every now and then, someone doent have a printer that is supported by terminal server or I always end up downloading yet another printer driver. (Its a never ending game).

I would ultimately like to have a solution that will "pass thru" without me having to keep installing drivers.

OR

Set up a list of common printer drivers for clients to have. Does anyone know of most common/popular printers?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

-TylerClick to expand...

It's not that the printer is not support by Terminal Server. The printer is probably not plug & Play with Windows in general. It would help if we knew what kind of printers you have, and if they came with any driver disks. If not, usually you can download drivers off the Internet to make them work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/common-terminal-server-printers.643412/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Guys,
When I am using Terminal Services to surf into my works network, i have a strange error msg that comes up as i enter into windows explorer. "Your current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page as a result, the page might not display properly." As a result nothing displays, I have been into security settings via IE but i wont let me change security down from high, is there anyreason for this? i mean how do i cofigure my user account so that i can, I know that the administrator access it but it looks like no other user can.

Any ideas,

Sorry and we are running Windows Terminal Server 2000 with all the latest service packs, if that helps which it should

thanks,
- Hamish

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-security-settings.573205/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a client with a Win R Terminal Server Last week Thursday one of the users got pop ups for ransomware My helpdesk didn't think too much of it the tech ran MBAM and thought he had it cleaned out The next day it was back and affecting additional user profiles It got escalated to me I ran MBAR and HitmanPro and thought I had rooted it all out Unfortunately we discovered that this was the CryptoLocker trojan that the user had originally opened an infected email message on and that by the time he started getting the ransomware pop ups on several network shares were already encrypted We've got good backups so i can restore the data back prior to the encryption point and am Server on R2 CryptoLocker Win Terminal 2008 in the process of doing so I've also run a scan using MBAR and Combofix on every PC and laptop on their network that I can get my hands on - that caveat because our primary contact thinks he's above all this and won't allow us to have our agent software on his machine and there's one other machine that he doesn't even know who is using it or where CryptoLocker on Win 2008 R2 Terminal Server it is I think I've got all the PCs stable and can vouch for the fact that they are not the source of the encryption it really did originate with this user on the terminal server My problem is this after all this work and days into it I discovered a new EXE in the appdata folder of the user originally infected So obviously I haven't rooted the thing out of the terminal server completely yet And combofix won't run on a server Can someone help me dig through this server or shall I just throw in the towel and rebuild it at this point Laura

A:CryptoLocker on Win 2008 R2 Terminal Server

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/509569 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509569/cryptolocker-on-win-2008-r2-terminal-server/
Relevancy 78.69%

How do i put my terminal server into install mode. I was trying to install service pack 6 and it asked me to put it onto install mode, but how?? I am running windows 2000 advanced server with a website on IIS. I cant install stuff so please help me out, and while im on, this thread i have another problem. internet explorer is stopping responce. then when i hei ctrl-alt-delete it kicks back in. I had nimda virus on here and cleaned it. Thats the reason i need the new service pack. i just keep running into problems!! thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-put-my-terminal-server-into-install-mode.122300/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey all Hope y all well A collegue and I have successfully cloned and deployed a Server OS from one machine to another with completely different hardware With a network issue. server Pls HELP!! Terminal little help from Elvandil The server boots and runs very well It Terminal server network issue. Pls HELP!! is being used as a terminal server and has Citrix installed It is on the company domain which uses server sbs as the domain controller All IP addresses on the T Server are set the same as when the OS was on the original machine The old machine had a HP network card The new machine has a Realtek NIC The T Server knew the HP NIC was installed but not present We removed the HP card from the registry From the SBS server we can ping the T Server and browse it s drive on the Terminal server network issue. Pls HELP!! network however we cannot remote on to the T Server via RDC or connect to it using Citrix clients installed on the domain workstations We think the network Pc s SBS svr is still listening for connections from the HP NIC and therefore causing the remote issues Are we correct If so how can we resolve this issue I know there are some very experienced people here and would love to hear their views Thanks for taking the time to read Any help will be much appreciated Thanks in advance Andrew nbsp

A:Terminal server network issue. Pls HELP!!

This one is over my head, but I'll at least get you moved up the queue.

You might check what connections are actually in existence with netstat -a or:

Current Ports

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-network-issue-pls-help.843362/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have been setting up printers on a network to print watermarks in terminal server. I have successfully set up multiple win XP systems but there is one that is giving me fits. It has the watermark tab enabled locally but in TS it is dimmed. All of the PCs and the Terminal Server have the same drivers. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this one system is reacting differently?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-watermarks-in-terminal-server.471921/
Relevancy 78.69%

I work from home using remote desktop to log in to my terminal server at the office. at home i have a local printer. Hp Laserjet 3055 all in one connected with USB cable. This works fine locally. I have added the printer to the terminal server. I rebooted my local computer then logged on to the terminal server using remote desktop and cannot print to my local printer. There is another remote user who prints fine. I checked that my local resources for printer is checked off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-printing-on-terminal-server.477070/
Relevancy 78.69%

We have a MAC user that accesses a specific program onour Terminal Server (Windows 2000 Server). User needs to modify reports via adobe acrobat via the Terminal Server. I'm getting conflicting suggestions from vendors on what products/licences I need installed on Terminal Server regarding Adobe Acrobat. Anybody have Adobe Acrobat running on TS ?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-acrobat-on-terminal-server.409442/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I've read a few problems with the inaccessible boot device message, but none of the solutions seem to help me out. I've got NT 4 server and I am installing terminal server, it copies the files ok, and reboots, when it tries to continue the installation I get the above message.

It will still let me boot OK into nt 4 server, it's just the continuation of the terminal server installation that does not work.

Both o/s's are on the same FAT16 partition so I can't see it being a SCSI pronblem where it can't read the hard disk drive.

Please help

Nick

A:{Resolved} - Terminal server installation

You can close this one off now. I've managed to solve it.

Reformat, start from scratch, boot on a floppy, run winnt setup program, installed OK.

Nick

------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-terminal-server-installation.29351/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a NT Terminal Server 4.0 set-up with Microsoft client, as well as, Novell client. I can logon to the Administrators account just fine. When I log-on using someone else, I get an error stating that the logon script didn't take effect.
-An application error has occurredand a log file is being generated "nwlscrpt.exe"
-Then it looks for DrWatson log file directory and doesn't find it
-"Cannot open DrWatson log file
-"Windows NT error code=0

What do yo think this might be??

A:NT Terminal Server w/ Novell client

I think you should reinstall the client... Or isntall the ms novell client. That works for me.
--Adam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-terminal-server-w-novell-client.49721/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am having problems connecting to my Win 2k Server with Terminal Services. I don't even get to a username and password box. After I enter the server name on the default page I get an VBScript Box that says "Error Connecting to Terminal Server: xxxxx and an OK button that's all. I can't find anything. Any Suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-server-terminal-services-log-on-error.43721/
Relevancy 78.69%

Does anybody know how can I remove a license from a Terminal Server?
I don't want to remove a license server I just want to remove a specific license from the license server to use that license for another computer. when I go to Terminal Services licensing Tool in Windows I only get the option to diactivate a licensing server.
I'm using Win 2003.

thanks,

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-license-removal.241378/
Relevancy 78.69%

WIN XP. "The device driver for the 'Terminal Server Keyboard Driver" device is preventing the machine from entering hibernation. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists you may need to update the driver."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-keyboard-driver.908607/
Relevancy 78.69%

I connect to the internet through broadband. Ever since I installed windows 7, every so often my computer will automatically install terminal server keyboard driver. When this happens, I then get no internet access. There is a red X over the Network
icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen. The only fix, which is temporary, is if I do a system restore. When this happens again, system restore does not work and then I have to do a reinstall of windows 7 and all the other drivers. Any help would
be appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b4e7e64f-d343-487a-9119-e2a4275841bc/terminal-server-keyboard-driver?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 78.69%

I have installed Windows server with a terminal service on the test machine When I remotely connect to the server using the Remote Desktop Client from XP pro I have no sound The RDP client is set to bring the sound to the local computer When I get on the server the SB Live sound card is properly installed using the certified Microsoft driver and I can hear the RDP connecting issue a terminal to server. sound from the console When I logon locally to the console and go to the sound property in the RDP issue connecting to a terminal server. control panel I see Creative SB Live properly installed When I logon from the client using the RDP it says Microsoft RDP driver and it is set to mute No matter how many times I tried to unmute it always go back to being muted When I hit the volume tab and go down to the speaker settings and click on advanced it says Direct sound settings not available From the console I don t get this error message I have also reinstalled the Directx RDP issue connecting to a terminal server. c I don t know what else to do at this point Any help RDP issue connecting to a terminal server. is greatly appreciated I also searched various forums using few search engines to see this is a common issue I haven t found a solution nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rdp-issue-connecting-to-a-terminal-server.601452/
Relevancy 78.69%

I was wondering if the below is possible:

Using a windows vista home premium computer, and I want to use RDP and connecting via TS-gateway to a terminalserver (windows 2008)

I tried the above thing, but didn't work. Or I do something wrong, or it ain't possible with a home version.

or do I need windows vista business and higher to do that?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296360-connecting-rdp-via-ts-gateway-terminal-server.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey,

So I'm havng problems with printers on a Terminal Server, I tried googling for results but most only cover setting the default printer. So the default printer set-up is fine and users can access the printers set the default log off, and it remembers it. But any preferences set are forgotten.

So we use a user box setting where each user has there own box to print to. But as soon as we close preferences the printer reverts to it's default settings. We can create favourite settings and it will hold the settings but not default to it.

Is there away we can make it so that we can set each users preferences save

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/printer-settings-terminal-server-276889/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have about 40 users that log into a terminal server. I need to enable TLS 1.0 in their Internet Explorer's Advanced settings tab. They currently do not have the rights to do this themselves. I could open up the group policy and either take over control of their session and make the change or let them do it themselves and then lock down the policy again or maybe edit their login script.

These are 2 options I don't really want to pursue. Is there any other way I can checkbox TLS 1.0 in all of the user's Internet Explorer settings?

Thanks!

A:Editing Terminal Server Profiles

I ended up putting a .reg file in the startup folder that does what i need when they log in.

Thanks anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/editing-terminal-server-profiles.462339/
Relevancy 78.69%

On XP you have remote desktop, which is basically terminal server, but on a workstation. Is it possible to run a terminal server service on a 2000 workstation also?

Cheers, Dan

A:Terminal server on 2000 workstation

I had the same question and could not find an answer. It seems TS cannot be installed on a 2k workstation. You can however load remote desktop on a win 2k client. You can also run netmeeting which allows remote desktop sharing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-on-2000-workstation.173509/
Relevancy 78.69%

Morning All We have a Terminal Server which keeps blue screening and throwing up Office applications as the cause usually Word or Outlook We have repaired Office removed and reinstalled and even formatted the OS to start from scratch the problem just keeps reappearing at random intervals We have Terminal Server BSOD 2003 another Terminal Server set up in exactly the same way but on different hardware which is working without problem The server has been in for years and has only started giving us problems for the past few Terminal Server 2003 BSOD months Apologies I couldn't find posting instructions for so have just copied Terminal Server 2003 BSOD my windbg output can anyone see anything other than Office in this JFI we have NOD v AntiVirus DUMP Code kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Arguments Arg ffffffffc The exception code that was not handled Arg fffff efca The address that the exception occurred at Arg Parameter of the exception Arg d Parameter of the exception Debugging Details ------------------ Page f not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page bf not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP nt RtlpUnwindPrologue b fffff efca b mov rax qword ptr rdx EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER d READ ADDRESS d ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s BUGCHECK STR x E c DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME OUTLOOK EXE CURRENT IRQL EXCEPTION RECORD fffffaddd d bd -- exr xfffffaddd d bd ExceptionAddress fffff efca nt RtlpUnwindPrologue x b ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter d Attempt to read from address d TRAP FRAME fffffaddd d c -- trap xfffffaddd d c NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax rbx rcx fffff efb rdx d rsi rdi rip fffff efca rsp fffffaddd d df rbp fffffaddd d f r r fffff f r r fffffaddd d f r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc nt RtlpUnwindPrologue x b fffff efca b mov rax qword ptr rdx ds d Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff e to fffff e STACK TEXT fffffadd d d d fffff e e ffffffff c fffff efca nt KeBugCheckEx fffffadd d d e fffff e af fffffadd d d bd fffffade b f fffffadd d d c nt KiDispatchException x fffffadd d d ae fffff d fffffadd d d f fffffadd d d fffffade b a nt KiExceptionExit fffffadd d d c fffff efca fffffadd d d fffff eb fffff nt KiPageFault x e fffffadd d d df fffff a d fffff eb fffffadd d d f eb fffffadd d d f nt RtlpUnwindPrologue x b fffffadd d d e fffff b fffffa acc fffff e d fffffadd d d c fffffadd dce e c nt RtlVirtualUnwind x b fffffadd d d ec fffff b fffffade d abf fffffade d ac nt PspGetSetContextInternal x ed fffffadd d d fffff eb fffffadd d d a fffffadd d d fffffa ce a fffff db nt PspGetSetContextSpecialApc xab fffffadd d d fffff bf b nt KiDeliverApc x fffffadd d d c fffff e fffffade d ac fffffade d abf nt KiSwapThread x e fffffadd d d fffff f c fffffa fffffadd fffff aa nt KeWaitForSingleObject x a fffffadd d d a fffff f b ffffffff ffffffff fffff a fd nt KiSuspendThread x c fffffadd d d e fffff abd fffff f fffffade fe nt KiDeliverApc x d fffffadd d d fffffade fffffade beb fffffadd d d fffffadd fffffadd nt KiApcInterrupt xdd fffffadd d d fffffade beb fffffadd d d fffffadd fffffadd fffffadd d d a xfffffade fffffadd d d fffffadd d d fffffadd fffffadd fffffadd d d a fffffade e xfffffade beb fffffadd d d fffffadd fffffadd fffffadd d d a fffffade e xfffffadd d d fffffadd d d fffffadd fffffadd d d a fffffade e xfffffadd fffffadd d d fffffadd d d a fffffade e xfffffadd fffffadd d d fffffade e ffff... Read more

A:Terminal Server 2003 BSOD

Outlook is named as the process calling for the stop, but that does not mean it was the cause. A rouge driver that overwrites it's address space into another drive/process's assigned space is usually the cause. Outlook would then call for the stop because it see's the data in that address as corrupt. Or in other words the Office apps are left holding the bag.
Driver verifier would be the next step unless you can isolate a recent driver/program/update install to around the time the stop orders started.

One other thing to mention is that we at TSF like most forums provide free support to home users not to business users.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/terminal-server-2003-bsod-663957.html