Windows Support Forum

Problem in Adding additional personal folders (pst) in Outlook 2002

Q: Problem in Adding additional personal folders (pst) in Outlook 2002

I created a new perosnal folder by going to New -> Data Outlook File
I already have a personal folder
Now when I want to add a new one, I do the same thing
However, this time around the type of storage field does not show me the pst , it is blank. I can't add any new personal folders

Can any throw light on this?

Thanks
Raymond

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Problem in Adding additional personal folders (pst) in Outlook 2002

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Problem in Adding additional personal folders (pst) in Outlook 2002

Can you post a screen shot of the window. I am not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Outlook will only have one pst file per profile. When adding fields to that profile you should be able to open Outlook, click on the Inbox or what is showing and then click on File, Folder, New and then click on the heading you want it to appear under.

IT should create it. But for some reason I am getting the feeling this is not exactly what you want so if you can show the window maybe it will help me understand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-in-adding-additional-personal-folders-pst-in-outlook-2002.103496/
Relevancy 94.86%

Every now and again I load Outlook and another set of Personal folders has been added under my current set They completely duplicate the folders and messages already in my Personal Folders I now have five sets of these - each a snap shot of my folders when it was created I wish to delete them and of course I can delete those which duplicate the folders I created - but they contain Intray Deleted Items etc etc which Outlook will not allow me to delete How do I get rid of them and how do I stop Outlook creating new sets in the future My second problem with Outlook is that I wish to create weekly back ups and have always done so by exporting to a pst file After many years of doing this I am now getting the message The operation failed An object could not be found So I am unable to over-write the previous file and have to create a file with a new name This is OK except that I now have a very large number of pst files which I cannot delete - and it appears that Outlook is constantly adding data to them Indeed it seems that this is happening even on days when I have not exported because additional creates Outlook folders 2002 Personal the dates of the files are those of the latest day I have accessed my computer Can anyone help Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 99.33%

I now have 4 headings in the Folder List named Personal Folders, 3 of them are basic and have nothing in them. The 4th is my main list. How do I remove the other 3?
Tks

Relevancy 88.15%

I recently upgraded from Windows SE to XP Home "Personal Outlook 2002 Duplicate Folders" When I did I opted to use Outlook rather than Outlook Express which I had used with Two things happened from which I don t seem to be able to recover First - I lost all the messages from Outlook Express I wish I had them back but I can live without them - so far Second - I have somehow acquired a duplicate quot Personal Folders quot list I have two quot Outlook Today quot - Personal Folders listed in my folders list Everything in the first one is duplicated in the second When I download messages they appear in both quot Inbox quot folders When I add a folder to the first it appears in the second and visa-versa If I delete a message in any of the sub-folders it disappears from the other quot mirror quot sub-folder So far I have been unable locate an actual duplicate file anywhere It s almost like Outlook is reading the same file twice and displaying it s contents in two identical folders Although it doesn t seem Outlook 2002 Duplicate "Personal Folders" to hurt anything I d like to get rid of the duplicate displayed folder I m a rookie on this stuff so any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Outlook 2002 Duplicate "Personal Folders"

Open Windows Explorer.
Go to Tools-Folder options.
Hit the View tab.
Make sure you ARE viewing hidden files/folders.
Make sure you can SEE file extensions for known file types.

Do a search for *.pst files.

You probably have two in the same location somehow.
Just move one of them someplace else.

You can't do it when Outlook is open. Only when it's closed.

You can also try running Detect and Repair from the help menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-duplicate-personal-folders.217548/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have just spent the weekend getting my new HP computer set up, including adding Outlook 2003. I copied over from my old PC (just before the power supply burned up), most of my Outlook 2000 personal folders, one of them was called Saved. I imported them into 2003 Outlook, then deleted the Saved folder. Now when I launch Outlook, I get a message: Personal Folders The path specified in the file \\Homehelper\sharedocs\Saved.pst is not valid. Any Hints?

Relevancy 81.7%

Just recently Outlook Folders Problem in 2002 Inbox we had a lightening storm in our area - my internet cable tv and telephone were all affected so I am wondering if my problem is related I did have a surge protector and other than the following problem and the fact that my printed doesn t t work now - I think my computer is working Ok Problem - when I forward an Outlook 2002 Folders in Inbox Problem email to another person from any folder in my Inbox it copies itself and puts it back into the same folder and it doesn t send it to the intended recipient I have tested and if I forward from the Deleted Outlook 2002 Folders in Inbox Problem Folder and from the Inbox prior to an email being put into one of the folders everything works fine I am not sure if somehow a feature got switched on my during the storm my monitor was not plugged into a surge protector and there are a couple of faded colours at the top of the screen Thanks for any help or suggestions nbsp

A:Outlook 2002 Folders in Inbox Problem

Welcome to TSG....

What kind of connection dial-up or broadband?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-folders-in-inbox-problem.589526/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have created a new user acct for my roommate I we don't really care much for IE and I'd like to add Google Chrome and FF for her to let her choose her own browser Plus I'd like to add some other apps for her and transfer some of her personal info that she's been storing on new & applications, personal User to Adding Account files/folders my administrative acct i e personal photos and such So like I said the account is set up But when I go to use Chrome it won't open It along with other apps are listed in the list of quot approved quot applications under the parental control list Application Restrictions List But they either don't show up when searched for in her acct or won't open and operate One other example is Faststone Capture And then I've got one application Yahoo quot Unchecked quot and yet there it is in her account AND IT WORKS I do not get it The purpose to setting up an account for her was to only restrict that she couldn't delete or uninstall anything on the computer I don't care obviously within reason what she installs but NO TAKING AWAY lol Here is a screen shot of the restrictions list So here I sit wondering what I did wrong Adding applications, & personal files/folders to new User Account or forgot to do in order for these to work I don't care if Yahoo works or not But her photos being transferred Chrome FF working and Faststone Capture working are a priority for Adding applications, & personal files/folders to new User Account me If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any advice Thanks OHEdit My acct is an Administrator Account The account I am creating for her is just a Standard User Account

A:Adding applications, & personal files/folders to new User Account

Standard User Accounts do not have access to an Administrative Account, most of these programs where installed to C:\Users\Odean\AppData\Local\(App Name), using the Administrative Account.Since Deb dosn't have rights to your account, copy the files from C:\Users\Odean\AppData\Local\ to C:\Users\Deb\AppData\Local\.The App Data folder is hidden by default, but if you where to type in the full path in the address bar it would work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277415/adding-applications-personal-filesfolders-to-new-user-account/
Relevancy 76.54%

I just installed MS Outlook that came with my t-mobile MDA pocketpc smartphone w windows mobile and when I click the calendar shortcut I get quot Unable to display the folder Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location quot When I click the contacts shortcut I get the calendar The tasks shortcut gives me notes Notes shortcut gives me journal Both Outlook Today and Deleted Items gives me Outlook Today I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling I ve updated through windows microsoft and office updates I m running win xp pro w sp and office xp wrong folders/folders outlook 2002: missing link to shortcuts When I right outlook 2002: shortcuts link to wrong folders/folders missing click the calendar shortcut I get quot unable to display folder properties the folder may have been deleted or the server where the folder is stored may be unavailable can t display folder properties quot When I go to what I think is the the directory of these folders I don t see any of them Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:outlook 2002: shortcuts link to wrong folders/folders missing

I just got the phone and have no content on it's os. I have not sync'ed outlook w/ the phone either. Nor have I tried to import any contacts from outlook express, since I never use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-shortcuts-link-to-wrong-folders-folders-missing.515108/
Relevancy 76.54%

In Outlook I have 3 copies of Personal folders and the folders underneath them. 2 copies of personal folders are in the one at the top. It will let me delete individual folders, but it will not let me delete the extra copies.
How can I do this?
Thanks!

A:additional folders in Outlook

Tools-Services

Select the personal folder and hit remove

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/additional-folders-in-outlook.47189/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a strange problem that I have never seen before. I am pc support for over 300 people and this has never happened before. An employee just got a new computer and after installing Outlook 2002, it lists the personal folders before the Mailbox on the folder list. Normally it lists by alphabetical order, with Mailbox - Employee Name, followed by the personal folders. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck. Has anyone ever seen this before? I want the personal folders to be listed under the Mailbox like it normally is. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-personal-folder-order.266637/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a strange problem that I have never seen before. I am pc support for over 300 people and this has never happened before. An employee just got a new computer and after installing Outlook 2002, it lists the personal folders before the Mailbox on the folder list. Normally it lists by alphabetical order, with Mailbox - Employee Name, followed by the personal folders. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck. Has anyone ever seen this before? I want the personal folders to be listed under the Mailbox like it normally is. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-personal-folder-order.266637/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello All!

I just got this new computer - it's vista..and I installed outlook 2007. I set up my exchange server..works great..but i had this other software where i can add an additional exchange server..but it doesn't work on vista..is there some way to add an additional exchange server to outlook 2007 on vista?

Thanks!

A:Adding additional exchange server on outlook 2007 doesn't work on vista

are you attempting to connect to two or more Exchange Servers OR just two or more
pop3 email servers.

You can't add the second ES unless it is also online at the time of the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-exchange-server-on-outlook-2007-doesnt-work-on-vista.113529/
Relevancy 75.25%

I used the repair feature in Microsoft 2002
When I opened my e mail program, Microsoft Outlook 2002, all my e
mails were gone as were my contacts. There was a box that talked about
copying the old file to the new one. Can someone explain how this is
done?
Thanx
Desperate
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2002-personal-files-missing.341291/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok here 2002 personal folder Emails move Outlook - to is an odd one We intermittently have problems with some of Outlook 2002 - Emails move to personal folder our users A visitor will come from one site to another login open outlook and they will see their emails disappear What is actually happening is that a personal Outlook 2002 - Emails move to personal folder folder has automatically been created and the deliver new e-mail to the following location has changed from Mailbox - username to Personal Folders Within Outlook two mailboxes appear one being the User s the other the personal folder and all mail has been transfered the personal folders The personal folders is stored as a local PST file So to resolve the issue really isnt a problem Change the Deliver location back to the User s mailbox Copy the mail back and close the personal folder The issue is that it happens at all Some users dont notice that the mail has transfered to a local pst and when they go to another PC they appear to have lost all emails Recently this has happened where the emails appear to disappear in the same way yet they are not in the local pst deleted items permanently deleted items or any other archive files on the PC or network This does not appear to be related to autoarhcive as we have it disabled on the PCs I dont know if there could be a server setting somewhere that could cause this The difficulty in resolving this issue is that it does not happen all the time for every person even on the same visitor PC Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-emails-move-to-personal-folder.326263/
Relevancy 72.67%

Is it possible to transfer the personal folders and all email from Outlook Express on a Windows 95 system to Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 system?

Thanks,
john0109

Relevancy 71.81%

I just installed MS Outlook on one of my offices users and I imported a second pst file because some emails went through before I copied the old Outlook pst file in Now here is the problem 2 Folders ?? has Personal Outlook There is currently personal folders and Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? when a new email comes in it goes to both personal folders Also when the user clicks on quot new quot and then clicks on the quot to quot button to access his address books he is prompted with an error that one of the contacts list does not exist to remove the folder Then he clicked on quot OK quot to exit the error and the contact list was there I would like to know how to remove the second personal folders Im guessing this is causing the errors correct me if im wrong but I cannot find anywhere to remove that folder Please any help would be highly appreciated Second less important problem When I re-install windows and office I have to keep their old pst files Is there a way I can just put the old pst into the proper place and their accounts will be already activated and the mail will be there Or do I need to re-add the account Im kinda confused on if I need to import the pst or Outlook has 2 Personal Folders ?? if a simple pasting of the original pst is good enough Thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

I have recently reinstalled MS Outlook 2000 and now there are three copies of the Personal Folder. When I click on those folders I get the following message:

"Unable to display the folder. An unexpected error has ocurred. MAPI was unable to load the information service mspst.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

Can anyone help me with this issue??

A:Ms Outlook Personal Folders

This article is about an older version of Windows, but it might help you: Error Message: The Set of Folders Could Not Be Opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40533/ms-outlook-personal-folders/
Relevancy 71.38%

Currently we are using net folder to share contacts and appointments in Outlook 98 & 2000. We decided to try Office XP and can not figure out how to get our shared folders to work. Anybody got any ideas?

A:Outlook 2002 and net folders

Net Folders is just one of the many features removed for Outlook 2002. I ran across this earlier trying to figure out how to get Microsoft Mail working (which was also removed although there's a work around - not sure if there is one for Net Folders):
<a href="http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002/missing.htm">Features Missing from Outlook 2002</a>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-and-net-folders.53061/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have set my mother's account up with GMAIL. When she reads her emails her inbox is showing "Personal Folders". I go into Account Settings and try and set her mailbox as default which it will not allow me to do.

Is there a way to just have her email account setup without "Personal Folders"?

Thanks

A:Getting Rid Of Personal Folders In Outlook 2007

Quote: Originally Posted by sparker781

I have set my mother's account up with GMAIL. When she reads her emails her inbox is showing "Personal Folders". I go into Account Settings and try and set her mailbox as default which it will not allow me to do.

Is there a way to just have her email account setup without "Personal Folders"?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298814-getting-rid-personal-folders-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have user who is having email problems She is one of the older employees at this company and therefore uses PST files for her email What appears to be happening Mailbox Outlook Personal Folders and is that when she receives an email it sits in her Mailbox for minutes or more until the user starts messing with Outlook From this point the emails either Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders drop to the Personal Folders or are manually moved The delivery is set to Personal Folders Has anyone else experienced this problem and know of a way to get the emails to move to Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders the personal folders in a more timely fashion as they should I have tried doing a repair on Office and tried altering some of the NIC settings to no avail I don t personally have access to the Exchange server Update Well I think we re just going to change the user to Mailbox and use the personal folders for archival purposes However if you know what the problem is please feel free to post a fix nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-mailbox-and-personal-folders.500231/
Relevancy 71.38%

This morning an extra Personal Folder appeared in Outlook 2000, I'm not sure why. Two personal folders are listed now, the first one is completely blank. It appears to be an exact duplicate of Outlook 2000 default folders, but nothing is in it.

The next personal folder contains all of my emails, contacts, etc.

At first I thought this was not a big deal, because I can just minimize the first personal folder and ignore it.

However, when I compose an email now my contacts list is empty. Outlook seems to be trying to pull contacts from the first folder list.

My operating system is Windows XP.

How do I fix this without losing any emails or contacts? This is a corporate laptop, so it is imperative that I not lose any data.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 71.38%

Outlook 2000 "Personal Folders"
I have a workstation w/two Personal Folders. When I try to delete the second folder, (Close Personal Folders) it won't let me since there are data in contacts & calendar.
Any workarounds on deleting this second folder.
Sorry too busy to figure..out..really..

A:Outlook 2k double Personal Folders

Yeah you should be able to go to your control panel and under control panel you should see a mail ICON. Double click on your mail ICON. A menu should pop up with the service tab first. There you should see the personal folder. Delete the one you do not need. When you open up outlook again it should not be there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2k-double-personal-folders.45968/
Relevancy 71.38%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1789 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 512001 MB, Free - 393531 MB; D: Total - 441858 MB, Free - 193623 MB; E: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 151804 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-880GM-UD2H
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am useing OFFICE 2010.
I lost all my Outlook personal folders and Contacts. It happened right after installing iCloud.
Please help.
Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-outlook-personal-folders.1091712/
Relevancy 71.38%

When I right click on the personal folders file, and then click on Close "Personal folder", I get an error message - "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Running "outlook.exe /cleanviews" makes no difference. How can I get rid of these personal folders? I am running the corporate version of Outlook 2000 with Windows XP Professional SP2.

Relevancy 71.38%

It seems that, in backing up my Outlook pst files on an external hard disk, I have created and now erased backup files that Outlook keeps looking for. In any case, every time I launch Outlook (2000), I get an error message: the f:\outlook 26 sep 06 backup could not be found, followed by a create/open personal folders menu. I need to click OK for the first and cancel for the second for Outlook to then launch correctly. I've also got three 'extra' 'personal folders' folders in addition to my Outlook Today personal folders. Can someone please provide some guidance about cleaning up this mess, while enabling me to continue backing up my Outlook files on my external drive?
Thanks

Relevancy 71.38%

Yesterday I wanted to shift one personal folder into another and then all the folders disappeared except for one! That folder does not contain the missing files or content.

Using search I can track the individual emails / content and even see the folders but cannot access them when I double click on them!

I am running Vista Small Business with Outlook 2007 all new. I have not imported from previous Outlook but started from scratch if that helps

Any clues on what to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-gone-awol.654693/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello When I got my new HP Windows laptop several months ago I installed Office I recall at the time importing more than one personal folder into the new Outlook Enough time has passed that I'm ready to get rid if I can of the annoyance having folders I don't use in the folder list on the left Maybe Folders 2013 Extra Personal - Outlook I should be using them but I don't From the top first I have personal folder with subfolders inbox drafts sent Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders etc As far as I know I don't use these folders at all and I have cut and moved most of the messages in them to the second folder list The second list is name email com There I also have subfolders inbox drafts sent deleted as well as Outlook 2013 - Extra Personal Folders the many other subfolders I've created for various needs So can I get rid of the personal folders listed first Should I keep them If so can I hide them somehow Thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

Here are the issues with a new installation of Office Outlook After the IMAP Personal Outlook Folders 2007 Multiple install I went into tools gt options gt mail setup gt email accounts gt datafiles gt add gt office outlook pst Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders and the folders and files with the account populated their respective areas However I ended up with multiple personal folders I have one personal folder above the mail ourserver com and three personal folders below the imap mail ourserver com I am tempted to copy the files inbox sent and so forth from the lower three personal folders into the first listed personal folder and then delete those three personal folders leaving one personal folder Second on the imap mail ourserver com sent are all the older sents however on the first listed personal folder in that sent box are the Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders current sends That I cannot figure out And lastly I have four Contacts that I incorporated using tools options The first three contact folders were old contacts used as historical reference The forth contract folder I named Contacts Though I added the four pst contact folders the Contact is not listed and I cannot locate it However if I compose an email and bring down from the contact list there is listed Contact and then I can add the recipient I have a scrambled Outlook and manage with difficulty maneuvering through the hierarchy however having everything in logical territories would be advantages A singular personal folder the imap mail folder and the current contacts all accessible Thanks for any help to untangle Outlook Chuck

A:Outlook 2007 Multiple Personal Folders

Hello Chuck -

An expanded folder screen shot would help me understand your issue.

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/260404-outlook-2007-multiple-personal-folders.html
Relevancy 70.52%

While attempting to resolve an opening problem with Outlook(2002), running Office 2002 XP, I created a new identity in 'Mail'. (I didn't delete anything) I now have duplicate Outlook Today 'Personal Folders' with data mixed between the two systems. Within Outlook, I don't find an option to 'delete' the unwanted folders. What do I do to get a single personal folder setup, with the most current data in Mail, Tasks, and Contacts? Somewhere in here, I also need to reduce the size of the archives, and or data files?

A:Solved: Duplicat Outlook 'Personal Folders'

Hi homeslarry,

Do you mean you have added a second Account? If so, CONTROL PANEL / MAIL and delete the duplicate in there.

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duplicat-outlook-personal-folders.910549/
Relevancy 70.52%

I created a .pst export so that I could copy my outlook information from my main computer to a new laptop. It was successful but made a duplicate personal and sub folders on the main computer only. Also on the outlook today page it doesn't make any counts for incoming messages or other countable folders. I can save the sub folder titles to it but it doesn't recognized and put a count in even though I check both areas or just one etc... If I go to the folder from the outlook today page the folder is empty but if I go to the folder from the navigation list I can see the messages and also a count.
The notebook Outlook is working properly
Hope this makes sense to you..
Charles

A:Outlook 2007 duplicate personal and sub folders

Have a look in Libraries>Documents>Outlook Files and see what's in there.

If the exported .pst file is there you can delete it, and then try creating a fresh .pst information file for export.

You should, at some stage in the procedure, be able to choose the location you want to save it to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188072-outlook-2007-duplicate-personal-sub-folders.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When I open Outlook ( running under XP) I get the error message " The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems."

What is ( not) happening and does anyone know how I can sort it ?

Thanks

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304768/office-outlook-2007-personal-folders/
Relevancy 70.52%

Originally in the navigation pane missing Contacts personal Outlook 07 Folders in of my Outlook Contacts I had types of contacts folders one named quot Contacts quot and the other named quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot I entered some different contact information into each of theses Suddenly without me noticing that I did anything in settings or otherwise I lost the quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot from my navigation pane and when I look through only remaining- quot Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing Contacts quot folder on navigation pane Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing I have all contacts I enterred into the quot Contacts quot file but I do not have any of the information -contacts I entered into quot Contacts in Personal Folders quot folder in navigation pane that vanished Also when I was saving I Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing noticed that when I clicked on quot Contacts in personal folders quot in navigation pane the box to enter info Business cards view had on the bottom of it a box checked saying in quot in personal folders quot and the info box of the group under folder named quot Contact quot only screens that is now the only one visible did not have that check-box Now I lost -at least cannot find ton of information contacts I entered into that list Contacts in personal folders I do not understand why it dissapeared also not clear what is the difference between the two quot contact quot folder types I always accessed any contacts by clicking the appropriate folder in the navigation pane and do not know how to access n other way if possible the information originally entered into files whose group I opened by clicking on now missing navigation pane button-folder called quot Contacts in Personal folders I do know that most of the info does not vanish from the computer but without this navigation pane folder I do not know how to access the info I entered into boxes grouped under that folder I also backed up most info before it happened but after I imported files to restore contacts I still do not see any of the info entered into quot contacts in personal folders quot that is still missing I backed up to en external drive is it possible to search there but what should I search for I do not understand the difference and saving location between the files that one created under theses two confusing similar names in the navigation pane Please help as I have important information stored there now missing Thanks you so much for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-07-contacts-in-personal-folders-missing.963149/
Relevancy 70.52%

I currently have 4 copies of the same personal folders in my outlook 2000. How do I delete the extra copies of the folders.

A:Outlook 2000 duplicate personal folders

Hi pollyanna
What mode do you have running for Outlook 2000?
Corporate/Workgroup (CW) or Internet Mail Only (IMO)
Help>About Microsoft Outlook, should say on the second line.

(CW)Try right clicking on the Personal Folders, select Close Personal Folders.
Tools>Services, Hightlight the Personal Folders you want to Remove and select the Remove button.
You may need to select the Properties button first to see what .pst file it is attached to. I renamed all my Personal Folders with the .pst file so that at a glance I could tell which one belonged.

After removing the Personal Folders list from your Services, you would need to locate the .pst file and delete it.

Let us know if this works for you or if you are using Internet Mail Only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-duplicate-personal-folders.43132/
Relevancy 70.52%

Dear All

Can I confirm with Outlook 2000 that if I 'Remove' a supposed duplicate personal folder that, thats it I will not be able to restore it??

Removed the personal folder by selecting 'Tools', Services and pressing the 'Remove' button.

Problem is it was not the right Personal Folder!! I still have another duplicate so not such a problem but have lost some e-mails.

No sign of the removed file in the recycle bin or having done a search on all .pst files anywhere on the system.

Have also eventually managed to unhide the local settings folder after a separate search on the internet but no sign of any missing folder in there either - .pst files normally stored here. Admit that was being a bit hopeful

If this is the case, don't you think deleting perhaps all your e-mails is a little too easy! And why is there not something similar to the Recycle bin?

Comments appreciate.

Relevancy 70.52%

If I never deleted some personal folders, they still have to be there somewhere right? If someone clicks CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS, does that delete them? There has to be a way to restore them if they are missing from the Mailbox tree.

A:Recover Personal Folders In Outlook 2003

Hi, jgadrummer:If all you did was use the option to Close Personal Folders, the file will still exist somewhere on your computer. If you can find the personal folder file(.pst), you can add it back to Outlook by using the Mail icon in the Control Panel. Click Data Files..., Add..., follow the rest of the prompts by selecting the proper personal folders file type, and locate and select your Personal Folders file. By default, mine opened in the folder location where the existing personal folders file was located.Hope that helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65750/recover-personal-folders-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 70.52%

Outlook pst folders transfer I m trying to copy my Outlook email personal folders structure as well as content from my Lenovo T s laptop Windows XP Office to a Dell desktop Windows .pst Outlook Transferring personal email folders Office I have two separate sets of files one labelled Archives and the other labelled Personal Folders both of which have multiple subfolders I ve now copied both using a memory stick to the Dell desktop I tried the Import and Export feature and also tried the Open Data File feature The Archive folder gets copied with all the sub-folders but I can only access those if the memory stick is inserted into a USB port even though the Archive folder is saved on the Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders Dell desktop When I do the same thing with the Personal Folders a Merge folder opens but it doesn t have any content I do see the default Personal Folders on Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders the left side of the Outlook screen What should I do Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders Thanks

A:Transferring Outlook .pst email personal folders

Did you use the Import/Export function in Outlook 2007?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413422/transferring-outlook-pst-email-personal-folders/
Relevancy 70.52%

Is the there a registry hack or anything else to stop the country code(in this case +1) from being automatically added in business faxes in contacts?

I've tried following the steps that are outlined in the Microsoft Q sheet but that doesnt work....

Ideas?

A:Question getting Outlook 2002 to stop adding country code (+1) in faxes in Contacts??

See if this helps you, Goose:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/olphone.htm

and welcome to TSG!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-getting-outlook-2002-to-stop-adding-country-code-1-in-faxes-in-contacts.119748/
Relevancy 70.09%

For some reason, when I went to load by pst files, it put the personal folders at the top and the "outlook today" at the bottom in my folder list. Now to read mail in my inbox I have to scroll all the way down the page because of the many personal folders I have. I have checked everywhere on Microsoft and there's seems to be no solution to rearrange the folders even though it seems like it should be something simple (I know, too much to ask). Anyone have any ideas?

A:Managing folders in Outlook 2000-2002

What happens if you rename them and make the one you want earlier in the alphabet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/managing-folders-in-outlook-2000-2002.412677/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi All I m a newbie here NICE TO MEET YOU This is gonna be wordy thanks for your patience and for any help you can provide I have several - 2002 need folders 'issues' various help with - Outlook Multiple profiles in my Microsoft Outlook One is set up for me and the other for my boss My boss has two different email accounts in his profile one is a hotmail account HTTP and the other is a POP account hosted by our ISP I go through his incoming email daily and forward to him only emails I think he needs to see which he reads from his laptop I also delete spam and leave safe but non-important messages in the inbox by marking as read Last Friday my boss mentioned that he hadn t received any forwarded emails for a few days When I went in to look Outlook 2002 - Multiple folders - need help with various 'issues' I discovered that there Outlook 2002 - Multiple folders - need help with various 'issues' were unsent messages sitting in an outbox not the outbox immediately below his inbox I tried to open each and re-forward them but it didn t work I got no send receive error it appeared to process the send and receive but the message didn t leave the outbox While I was trying to figure out what was wrong I noted that there are more outboxes than we have email accounts in fact there appear to be extra sets of all the folders I think the problem may be that there unnecessary multiple Outlook data files associated with his mail accounts I can identify them by clicking on the properties for each one but don t know which to keep and which to delete I d appreciate someone with lots of experience in Outlook helping me clean up this mess I also still need to figure out how to send the messages he never got An added note we recently deleted several email accounts that had been created for employees that no longer work here one of those employees had linked her email address with my Outlook while I was out on Maternity leave From time to time Outlook still tries to use her address ID and password to log on to the network Could this have anything to do with it Whew Hope that s detailed enough lol THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS Heather nbsp

A:Outlook 2002 - Multiple folders - need help with various 'issues'

Hi there. It all sounds messy. Sometimes with multiply profiles and email accounts Outlook will try and send the forwarded messages via the same account that received it. I've had a similar problem with two email accounts in Outlook but each through a different ISP. They wouldn't forward a message received on one ISP account back through that account to the other ISP account.
When you click forward see if an accounts icon shows up beside the send icon. If so try clicking the drop down arrow beside it and sending the message through one of the other accounts.
As for all the double up folders it sounds as though someone has accidentally copied all the folders in the Personal folders list. If this is the case, then keep an eye on them, and if they are not used you should be safe to delete them.
You could also make a new folder called "Double Ups", and move them in to there. If everything works fine for a couple of weeks I would say it is probably a safe bet that you can then delete this folder. Then leave it in the Recycle bin for another couple of weeks if you want to be extra safe
Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-multiple-folders-need-help-with-various-issues.603278/
Relevancy 69.66%

I downloaded the Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook from the Microsoft Office downloads site When I try to install it I get into a Catch situation First I get a message quot Setup has detected that you already have a version of Personal Folders Backup installed on this machine Before the download can be installed you must first uninstall the previous version To uninstall please answer yes to the next question quot When I click OK I get the message quot Are you sure you want to uninstall this product quot When I click Yes I get the message quot This action is only valid for products that are currently installed quot When I click OK I get the message quot To install this download please uninstall the previous version of Personal Folders Backup using the Add Remove Programs Control Panel quot There is no Personal Folders Backup for Backup add-in Folders Personal (Solved) Outlook 2003 shown in the Add Remove Programs list Anyone have any information on what is messed up in my Registry Apparently one place says I have PFB installed and (Solved) Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook 2003 somewhere else says I don t (Solved) Personal Folders Backup add-in for Outlook 2003 nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

This morning when I turned on my PC and opened Outlook 2007, all of my personal folders had mysteriously disappeared. I immediately started panicking and tried all sorts of things before eventually just closing and reopening the program and finding that my folders had returned. The problem is that a couple of these folders (and not all of them) have now been duplicated and I cannot remove the duplicates.

Can someone help me here?

Florio

A:How can I remove duplicate personal folders from Outlook 2007?

I am at a disadvantage because I do not use Outlook, but;

Quote:
This can happen with certain type of mail profile corruptions. Most often this happens when you upgrade Outlook or pst-files get overwritten or are being replaced in a way other than via the Outlook or Mail Applet interface. In that case, you’ll have to recreate your mail profile to get rid of it.
Since the above suggestion can be a bit drastic when you have a complex mail profile configuration, there are some other things that you could try first.

Source: http://Delete duplicate pst folder set with same content | www.msoutlook.info

This site offers three different ways to correct your situation, plus a utility if those ways do not work. If they don't you will have to try re-creating your outlook profile, there is a link to do that in the quote and at the end of the article.
Also; Check to see if you can adjust your duplication rules:

Quote:
To maintain the integrity of your data, it's a good idea to have rules in place to reduce duplicate records in the system. Microsoft Dynamics CRM includes default duplicate detection rules for accounts, contacts, and leads, but not for other types of records. If you want the system to detect duplicates for other record types, you'll need to create a new rule.

Source: http://Set up duplicate detection rules to keep your data clean | www.microsoft.com

This seems to describe a larger network or server setup if you have the Microsoft Dynamics CRM, but it wouldn't hurt to look there might be a similar setting for the regular Outlook program.
Make sure that you have Administrator permissions.
Go to Settings > Data Management. (If you have it.)
Choose Duplicate Detection Rules. (If you have it.)
Select or clear the Enable duplicate detection check box. (If you have it.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/366461-how-can-i-remove-duplicate-personal-folders-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

OK I use outlook 2003 for my comcast e-mail and lately when I start it up the window

comes up but before doing anything a second window pops up with a load bar and it says

the file personal file folders was not closed properly and checking file for errors after it

loads the main window says not responding for a moment and then it operates as normal

and if it matters Im using windows vista home premium 32-bit

A:Solved: Microsoft outlook personal file folders

Had something like that at work. Theres a few fixes for it but I need to know if your emails are being saved on there server or on your computer in a .pst file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-outlook-personal-file-folders.809381/
Relevancy 69.66%

Recently I have configured my Hotmail Live email account in Outlook 2007 through POP account wizard. All of my inbox mails got downloaded but my personal folders (Sent, Jobs, Family, Finance, etc.) were not configured / downloaded.

I understand that by installing Outlook Connector I can download personal folders. But I dont want to install Connector as I see people have many problems with that.

I would appreciate if anyone can guide me as how can I download personal folders without installing connector.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456317/how-to-configure-personal-hotmail-folders-in-outlook-2007/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading users to a newer version of Citrix. This includes an office upgrade from 2010 to 2013. After upgrading one user I found that his Outlook forders are missing. How do I get these to appear in his Outlook folders list?

Cheers
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-personal-folders-not-appearing-after-citrix-upgrade.1098154/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am trying to backup my Outlook folders using the Import and Export function. I'm just wondering whether or not "exporting" the file will cause those messages to no longer appear in Outlook itself, or if exporting just makes a copy. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Question about Outlook Personal Folders File Export

Exporting copies - nothing is deleted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411589/question-about-outlook-personal-folders-file-export/
Relevancy 69.66%

I want to have all the emails from one contact go into a personal folder and emails from another person go into another personal folder and so on and so forth, but i don't want to keep having to move them all by hand. Is there away to set up the folders that when a email comes in it looks at the adress and puts it into the relevent folder, if so how.
many thanks Joe

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 contact personal folders

Hi JoeMorris94

Set up Rules to move messages to the desired folders.
Tools > Rules and Alerts
Set up your conditions and actions. Then test.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-contact-personal-folders.1047124/
Relevancy 69.66%

For some reason I have 3 sets of Personal Folders and Calendars in my Outlook 2003 (running on Vista). When I try to delete either of the 2 that I don't want I get this error message:

"This operation failed. The object could not be found."

Does anyone know how to remedy this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew

A:Can't Delete 2nd and 3rd Personal Folders & Calendars in Outlook 2003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-delete-2nd-and-3rd-personal-folders-calendars-in-outlook-2003.575047/
Relevancy 69.23%

I ve got my PST located on my external HDD Imoved the location a while ago and I must have still been on OfficeXP All my machines are Office Pro and was wondering if it would benefit me to change the file folders to the new Outlook File Folders format Secondly I ve been trying to read up on converting possibilities Would I just create a new PST I guess in the same folder on my External HDD and then move all my folders Contacts Inbox to the new Personal Folder in the list then delete the old PST file I ve read a lot about creating Profiles on the machine via Control Panel-- gt Mail new Folders PST to Folder the from Convert Outlook File 97-2002 If I do that on each of my machines would that cause any glitches some error message that a folder is missing or something whenever I plug in my external HDD and use outlook because the profiles may be slightly different for whatever reason on each machine Right now my Outlook runs really smooth in terms of email contacts and calender The only bump I Convert PST from 97-2002 Folder to the new Outlook File Folders keep getting is if I am writing an email and I click the Convert PST from 97-2002 Folder to the new Outlook File Folders To button to show my address list I get a message that the list is missing It must be trying to look for the contacts folder on another machine s setting but in reality it should be looking at the same Contact List from the PST file on my External HDD nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

I continuously get the above message when I open up Outlook. It takes forever to open the program. I've done scanpst.exe and I think it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Can you help and tell me what to do?

When I close the program, I delete all the items, hit close all items and then exit. I have no idea what is going on. I guess there may be some errors in there but I can't fix it using scanpst.exe

THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU!

A:Outlook PST - 'data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-pst-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.850967/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to disable the function that allows you to Drag/Drop emails from one folder to the next. This is specific to a personal folder I created, and don't want to be able to Drag/Drop and e-mail to or from this folder...

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-drag-drop-in-outlook-2000-personal-folders.129330/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi!

Can anyone please help me with this?

My problem is that I have just bought a new system running vista after the old one died following a motherboard problem (it refused to boot). I have salvaged the old hard disk which ran XP and it appears to be sound and I have put it in an external enclosure connected to the new computer. I want to retrieve/access old mail folders created in MS Outlook 2003 on the old hard disk but cannot seem to locate them anywhere.

Any suggestions as to how I can get to and open them please?

A:Finding and transferring Outlook Personal Folders from an Old Hard Disk

Your old outlook.pst file should be located here: Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Copy it over to your new PC. In Outlook, do File > Open > Outlook Data File

Here's some extra reading for future reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-and-transferring-outlook-personal-folders-from-an-old-hard-disk.762388/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was referred to - personal .pst Outlook after Win2000 {Solved} of opening new folders Problems install this board by a friend hopefully someone can help out Prior to doing a new install of Win from a Win computer I backed up all my outlook e-mail contact lists etc The suggested method was exporting these as as {Solved} - Problems opening .pst Outlook personal folders after new install of Win2000 pst files Now I am running on Win with all my files backed up on cd I ve moved the pst files over and have tried to import them into the newly installed Outlook For some reason though it will not let me import them claiming a password problem The message I get is Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use After clicking OK I get a message saying quot File access is denied you don t have permission to access these files quot What s the problem How do I import these files They re rather important If someone could help me out on this I would appreciate it Thanks in advance Michael S Gallegly nbsp

A:{Solved} - Problems opening .pst Outlook personal folders after new install of Win2000

Greetings

I have a feeling that the problem is that when you copied the file from CD, it was copied as a read only file.

Find the file, right click on it and untick the Read Only attribute.

See if that helps

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-opening-pst-outlook-personal-folders-after-new-install-of-win2000.29813/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am Using windows 7 professional and outlook 2013.
now i need to sync MS-outlook contacts with the cisco IP-Phones.....(syncing is not an issue)
but when i dial those contact numbers OF MS-Outlook VIA cisco IP-Phones, the call doesnt get connected...WE NEED TO ADD '0' before every number, then only the call gets connected

so inshort need a quick way to add '0' to every contact present in the MS-Outlook

JUST CREATED THIS ACCOUNT FOR A QUICK GUIDANCE, AS IT IS NEEDED ASAP...THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18e166fc-f030-4d47-9ef4-a40c63e7e353/how-to-add-0-to-all-the-contacts-in-microsoft-outlook-at-onceive-got-around-40005000?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 67.08%
Relevancy 63.21%

I have just done a clean install of Win Pro I have set up four accounts and for each one I have moved the user folders to a separate hard drive by using the Right Click Properties gt Location gt Move I have done this for the following folders - Desktop - Downloads - My Documents - Favorites - Links - My Music - My Pictures - Videos I have done it exactly the same way on each account and more than once I've been imaging the disk and have restored backwards a few times The problem is on three of the appear User additional folders Moving - Folders accounts when I move the My Music My Pictures and Videos then they do move correctly but three rogue folders Moving User Folders - additional folders appear appear named Music Pictures and Videos And I can't delete then since they are system folders But the weird thing is that this does not happen on one of the accounts Please can someone explain what's happening and how to get rid of the Moving User Folders - additional folders appear extra folders as they're cluttering up the users home folder and causing confusion Also some clue as to why it's inconsistent between the accounts would also help Moving User Folders - additional folders appear

A:Moving User Folders - additional folders appear

Hello Lucian, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It sounds like there may have been a mistake made while moving the user folder's location. You can use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore it's default location to hopefully fix this.User Folders - Restore Default Location
Afterwards, you can try moving it again, but if you are just wanting to save HDD space, then you might consider this below to be able to access the files from your libraries with the files actually located where you like instead. This way you will not have to worry about any potential issues that come with moving user folder locations. Create a new folder at any location you want.
Move any files you want into the new folder.
Include the new folder into a library of your choice.
If you like, you can also set the new folder to be the default "save" to location for the library as well.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/239448-moving-user-folders-additional-folders-appear.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey TSG,

STATISTICS:

Windows XP SP2 with all updates
MS Office 2003 with all updates
Windows is set up with 3 user profiles - error only occurs on "administrator"

PC appears to be clean: I run SPYBOT and AdAware regularly, and CCleaner and Registry Mechanic occasionally. I use fully updated Trend Micro PC-cillin Virus Protection and firewall.

PROBLEM:

For no apparent reason, when I open Outlook I get the message "Data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems" .....pause

...and then Outlook closes. (NOTE: any recommended solution that requires Outlook to be open cannot be applied). I have researched the Web forums and one suggestion was that the .pst file is too large. I back up the .pst file every night and last night's file was 352 meg which does not seem to be too big.

HELP!

Thanks,

kurley

PS: I can get e-mail on-line

A:Outlook 2003 - Error "Data File 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly"

Well the good news is that your .pst file is not too large... the maximum limit for previous versions of office .pst files was 2 GB... usually corruption occurs before this point though (post 1.5 GB is about the point where it becomes prominent), and with the new office 2003 4TB is the theoretical limit of your PST files.

One thing to try... move the location (into another folder) of your .pst file, so that the association of the outlook and the pst file is broken... see if this allows you to open outlook... if so try to remap to the .pst file in its new location, close outlook and see if the issue has been resolved or if it fails to open again.

If you are able to open outlook (with the pst disconnected) and the previous step has failed try using the import/export function and see if you can import your .pst file from the old (corrupted one) to a new one...

There are utilities out there that are able to check the integrity of .pst files, but right at the moment... it escapes me as to which are the recommended scanners.

Other suggestions are welcome...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-error-data-file-personal-folders-was-not-closed-properly.400871/
Relevancy 61.92%

One of my work mates has been asked to teach a class at another company The companies clients will be invited to attend and must bring their laptop and have wireless capabilities as they will need to connect to the internet for training My problem - this other company has no in-house IT support does have wireless capabilities not firewalled but encrypted It appears based on what they know Additional Connectivity Adding that the wireless AP can handle approx - laptops connecting before it tanks and either starts dropping connections or is Adding Additional Connectivity so slow internet times out Since they have no in-house IT support and neither do we both companies have asked me to solve the problem with the twist being that we Adding Additional Connectivity want to be able to go to several other locations and do these classes with similar limitations The wireless AP or router don t know which would be better needs to be able to support - laptop connections and we need to be able to plug it into either the existing wireless router depending on what the other company has or unplug the existing AP and plug ours in without Adding Additional Connectivity having to go into the other companies server to configure it What AP or router would you recommend we buy that can handle - wireless connections If the other company is using a wireless router can we plug ours into their router without having conflicts Can we unplug their AP and plug ours in without having to reconfigure everytime And what am I missing - I know just enough to know I don t know enough Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Adding Additional Connectivity

You will require a number of WAP's to support 40 users, I'd say at LEAST four, and probably more like six. If you try connecting 40 wireless users to one WAP, access will be like watching grass grow!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-additional-connectivity.815255/
Relevancy 61.92%

AMI have an XPS-8700 with the standard factory installed RAM, 16 Gig.
I'd like to add another 16 Gig of RAM and I'd like to know what do I need to buy and how do I install it?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984971
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I have a question about harddrives.
I'm currently using 2x Kingston 240GB Solid State Drives 2.5inch V300 Sata 3's
and 1 the same but 960gb..

What I'm trying to find out is am I able to connect a normal hard drive into my computer or does it have to be a similar ssd so it doesn't interfere with those ones?
Example: I'm looking to get a Seagate 3TB 3.5inch 7200RPM 64mb cache SATA3 hard drive

A:Adding an additional SSD/Harddrive

You can pretty much use anything you want. The real determining factor will be if you have an available SATA data port, an available power plug, and a physical space to place the drive. Having an SSD and a mechanical drive is a very usual setup these days.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-an-additional-ssd-harddrive.1166133/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Windows 10 (not sure if it is 32 bit or 64 bit) on a re-furbished HP RP5700.  It has limited RAM (I believe it is currently 2GB), and I would like to add more before I load Office 365 on the computer.  Is this possible, and if so how can I be sure that I buy the right memory card to plug in?  What I was looking at was an 8GB, DDR3, 1600MHz card/module.  Would this be the right one, and/or do I need to specify anything else to make sure it won't bollocks up the whole thing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/adding-additional-RAM-to-my-computer/td-p/5733940
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey people

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong section, I was a little confused to where to create a ew topic and thought this would be the best place but mods please remove if you feel necessary.

I was hoping someone could offer me a little support regarding trying to add my new tv/monitor as my secondary monitor to my pc, ideally what I want is when you add a second monitor to your laptop as an extended monitor that is what I require.

Is this possible? If so how? Would I need to purchase an additional graphioc card for my pc? Could you recommend me one? Or could I purchase something like a vga splitter which I would plug in the back of my vga slot and it would have two female vga connections?

Thank you.

Relevancy 61.92%

So I been thinking of adding an additional 4GB stick and have been confused how to do so. I have checked thehardware manual for compatible RAM and although it has part numbers listed how would you go about using it?I have googled the part number, none returned specific product available in my country (India).So how would I go about buying RAM?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z5070-About-adding-additional-RAM/td-p/3327797
Relevancy 61.92%

Basically my room is separate from the main house and the WiFi barely reaches me It has to pass through many walls and there is also the distance My phone is usually on the lucky side and i don't have as much of a problem however my laptop has a hard time connecting and keeping a connection My PS as well Fortunately i do have an ethernet outlet in my wall and that is what my PC is connected to and it is my main source of internet For a while now i have been trying to connect a spare Linksys Wireless-G GHz WRT GL router running Tomatoes into the wall and using this as my own personal router i have tried various tutorials on the internet but have had no success in actually connecting to the internet The working router that is in the house and the one i am trying to extend is a Netgear WNDR SW running V SW firmware Now i am not looking to extend the wifi by connecting the two routers wirelessly i doubt that i would benefit much from that i simply want to connect my linksys into the ethernet port in my wall and have it work If someone can point me in the right direction or possibly expand on a tutorial that they are already familiar with that would be awesome

A:Adding an additional router?

You should be able to stick the router in Access Point mode, which will effectively turn it into a switch and wifi extender.
#
Not sure on tutorials for your specific model however, but it should be under general management or setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367197-adding-additional-router.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all, has anyone got any idea how to add an additional driver to a HP laserjet p1505n printer.

I need to add the 64 bit driver as i have a number of users who have 64 bit windows 7 therefore unable to print to the printer without the 64 bit printer driver.

Iv downloaded a driver from the hp website but an error occurs when trying to add the driver using the additional drivers option.

Thanks

A:ADDING ADDITIONAL DRIVERS

Are you using a print server? What operating system are you trying to add the print drivers to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/adding-additional-drivers-619579.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Group

When I search Outlook (happens in 2007 and 2010), I will get a folder listing "Top of Personal Folders" with a list of emails under it.

The problem is that I don't have any folders call "Top of Personal Folders". Can anyone tell me what this is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-top-of-personal-folders-in-search.1089661/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Gateway computer which is very low on hard drive space. I purchased a 200GB ATA hard drive and Gateway hasn't been any help on how to install. I am not replacing my current drive but adding the additional drive. I am not computer savvy......how does one go about adding it? Gateway does tell me I can have both hard drives in the system. They have me a link on their website but its says nothing about how to add the additional drive. Help?
Thanks...

A:Adding an additional hard drive

Hi,

This is a pretty straight forward process. Find the ide cable that has an open slot (IDE #1 or IDE #2). If your present hard drive is alone on the ribbon cable for instance, then do this:

Make sure the jumpers on the back of your present drive are set to MASTER and the drive is on the end of the ribbon cable.

Set the jumpers on the new drive to SLAVE and place it on the middle connector of the ribbon cable.

It should recognize it and away you can go partitioning and formatting the drive.

After you get it hooked up, if you have the disk that came with your drive, you can either use that to prepare the drive for usage, or you can go to the My Computer area and format it for usage. Either way is pretty self-explanatory. I just happen to like using the manufacturer's utility myself as a personal preference.

Post back if you have any questions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/adding-an-additional-hard-drive-88236.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on this situation.....

I have an ASUS P5N32-SLI-SE-Deluxe motherboard with 1gb RAM modules in slot 0 and slot 2. The system has been completely stable up to this point where I decided while upgrading the HHD I would add two more 1gb RAM modules. I purchase two Kingston KHX6400D2LLK2 DDR2 modules to slots 1 and 3. After adding this the system started rebooting. Sometimes it would get halfway through the boot cycle and restart. Sometimes it would get as far as starting Windows (Windows 7) before rebooting. Sometimes it would be in between. Pulling the RAM makes the problem go away. I assumed one or both of the new RAM modules were bad and returned them to Newegg. They sent me two more, but the same problem happens.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your help!

A:Random reboots after adding additional RAM

Does your new RAM match your old RAM in voltage and timing? Is your RAM recognized in the BIOS? Does the BIOS set the RAM voltage to the correct setting as the manufacture has designed it? Does this Kingston (excellent memory makers) make the memory Qualitfied Vendors List that Asus has for this board (by no means is it exshaustive)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-after-adding-additional-ram.149538/
Relevancy 61.06%

hi,

I have a system with intel motherboard and processor(p4) I have a hard disk which is having 40GB capacity i want to increase my hard disk size i.e. about 160GB so total becomes 200GB my doubt is if my 40GB hard disk is segate and if my new hard disk 160GB is western will there any problem is it compatilble to add and work on it.

Awaiting for the reply.

Thank You for your valuable time.

Relevancy 61.06%

I am trying to add a new and totally seperate and independant, Gmail account from my own, for my wife. But when we try to do this, we get an error message, something to the effect that there is already a Gmail account at this address. Can someone tell me how to go about doing this, and explaining it it very basic easy to read, laymans terms. Im not very advanced. I appreciate it.

A:Adding an additional GMAIL account?

Are you using this link, and are you getting this message in red? https://accounts.google.com/SignUp

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/376829-adding-additional-gmail-account.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,I'm thinking of purchasing a Pavilion 15 ab128na laptop and wanted to know about its upgrading capabilities.It ships with a 256GB M.2 SSD drive but this maybe a bit small. Is there room for an additional HDD drive (like the pavilion gaming notebook)? So I would have, for example, the 256GB M.2 SSD drive and a 1TB HDD.Or does the model only allow for 1 hard drive, so I would have to replace the SSD it comes with with a larger capacity SSD?Many Thanks in advance

A:Pavilion 15 ab128na: adding additional HDD?

Hi @Sam_morris1, I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that you are interested in installing 2 hard drives. There is no room for 2 drives on your model. Here Is a link to your service manual page 103 for the specs in the search for the new SSD.  I hope this helps. Please let me. You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-15-ab128na-adding-additional-HDD/td-p/5525759
Relevancy 61.06%

Well hello there This sounds like the place I need to be I also have a HP GB Pavilion I have wanted to add another HD for some time now After reading Page of a very long thread Mulder started back in July I went out and purchased a Maxtor HD confident that I could do it Well after reading the instructions I quot chickened quot out Too many terms I did not understand slave master partitions etc So I returned the HD I am pretty determined again to add a second HD since I m being very stingy with the space I have left on the GB HD I just do not want to have any conflicts in doing so I would like to use my present HD master as a back-up I think and like Jody move my existing data to the new larger HD I guess I am just needing some encouragement to go out and purchase the HD again and attempt to tackle the unknown Any enlightenment would be appreciated Josie nbsp

A:Adding additional Hard drive

I split this off into your own thread, too confusing when threads are added to.

First What else do you have on your ide cables besides the primary hard drive (4gig) and I would presume a cdrom.

Watch the screen when you start your machine, does it list where the cdrom is attached.

You have two ide cables, both cables can support two devices.
On each cable you can have one master and one slave device.
Your primary harddrive is always primary master.

Basically, if you only have the current harddrive attached to the primary ide it's pretty simple. Just buy the drive, physcially mount it in the machine with the included screws.

Now if going on primary with current drive, on the back of the drive are jumpers, you need to set the jumper to slave, it should be clearly marked or indicated in the manual that comes with the drives or viewed online at the drive manufacturer's site.

Once the jumper is set, add a power plug, you should have extra's in the case, if not, you can get a y adaper that makes one plug into two.
Then connect the ide cable, paying note that the red stripe goes to the pin 1 on the new drive, it will be marked. If you don't disconnect if from the motherboard, then you don't have to worry about the motherboard end, but it's the same, red stripe to pin 1.

Once it's all connected, restart your machine, you must now enter the bios setup(you should see a message saying press key to enter setup when you start your machine, that's the key to get into the bios setup area), find the ide configuration page, and enable the ide channel the drive is on. Generally you can set it to autodetect, if that option isn't available, you will have a manual detect, and if that's not available, the drive parameters will be printed on the drive and you can manually enter them.

Once done, save and exit bios.

Now you should have a floppy disk that either came with the drive or can be downloaded. Place the disk in the floppy drive slot and restart the machine, follow the instructions on the screen to partition, format, and copy the original drive to the new drive.
Once that is done, it's just a matter of shutting down, and changing the jumpers on the current drives. The new drive gets jumpered as master, the old drive as slave.

Restart the machine, if everything is working correctly you can then from within windows, my computer, reformat the old 4 gig drive and use it for storage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-additional-hard-drive.67703/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I have a hard drive that is partitioned into two drives, (the c and d drive).

My c drive has max space of 6GB. Its full atm. I only have important stuff for windows there.

My E drive a max space of 110.

However, my friend had partitioned my drive for me, and he is not here to help me for a while atm.

My hard drive still has around 30 GB left that have not been partitioned. Is there anyway i can add more GB onto my already partitioned 6 GB C drive?

Thanks in advance for any replies and help

-Irthor

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi!

Is there a way to disable adding more fingerprints without disabling the option? I still want to use the fingerprint scanner but prevent users from adding additional fingers for others to login. Currently, when a user login with the finger scanner, I can not prevent from adding more fingers.

thanks in advanced.
Young.

A:Disable adding additional fingerprint.

Make the other users Standard, not Administrator accounts perhaps?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64901-disable-adding-additional-fingerprint.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The issue my gig hard drive is almost full I added another gig SATA hard drive to my XP system The physical part was not an issue it went in and connected ok I restarted the computer it showed it in drive management so I set the partican and formated it as I thought I should it said disc and the letter designation K In my computer it shows drive K I can check properties it shows the gig and its there as it should be with nothing on the drive The hard XP additional Adding drive Solved: only thing I ve been able to get on the drive is drag the short cut to My Docs down from the my computer screen So I Solved: Adding additional hard drive XP need to figure out why I can t get anything to go to driveK When I get this figured out I would like to move my daughters docs and itunes to the new hard drive I ll need how to do this also Drive is there but I can t Solved: Adding additional hard drive XP figure out how to use it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard C G MCP Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled instructions how to do this also Drive is there but I can t figure out how to use it nbsp

A:Solved: Adding additional hard drive XP

Nothing will go there unless you send it there.

Documents is a system folder, so it needs to be moved properly so the system registers where it is. In the folder's Properties, you will find a location option. If you change that and log off and on, the folder will be moved to its new location.

You can create a Program Files folder on the new drive. Then, when you install new software, you can use the custom options and change the path to the K: drive instead of the C: drive. You can also uninstall programs you have now and reinstall them to the K: drive.

But be aware that all programs will take space from the system drive, even if installed elsewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-adding-additional-hard-drive-xp.1035138/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a home built PC with Windows XP home, 2.4gb processor, 1gb RAM, and an 80 gb SATA hard drive. My drive is full of video and pics so I bought a new 200gb SATA drive that I would like to make my primary C: drive and keep the old one just for storage. I have XP Professional disk that I want to install on the new drive. I would like to transfer some programs to the new drive but do a clean install of the operating system. First, any suggestions on software to help transfer the programs? Second, what steps should I take to install the new drive? Should I install it in the computer first, install XP pro on it, transfer the programs from the old one, and then wipe the old one clean and reformat it? Any steps I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help!
Mike

Relevancy 60.63%

I have an existing customer database in Access 2013 (2.5 million records) and am working with an excel spreadsheet (200k records) containing possible matches to some with customer name, address, city, state and email. I would like to keep my existing records and add in only the email values (to an existing email field) in records that are a match and have null email values.

Hopefully this makes sense....

Relevancy 60.63%

I ve been doing a bit multiple PSU's when GPUs Adding running additional of research lately because I m unsure of the exact upgrade direction I want to take and I ve come up with the idea of using full HD screens along with triple SLI CF but the power requirements in my case would be above the capability of my Corsair HX- Having just spent on that I d rather not even consider replacing it So can a system use a second PSU like any decent PSU or do they need Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs to be built specially for the purpose I was kinda thinking maybe it would be possible to run the system on my Corsair including x GPUs and then run the rd th using another PSU Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs like a w modular thus only using a couple of cables OCZ one or something Besides the space requirements how exactly do you go about doing this e g how would you connect it into the motherboard and is it physically possible Do I need to use a booster thingy PSU like the ones Red uses in his hollodeck instead If so where on earth do you purchase them from in the UK and what are they called Its purely discussion right now I m not tying myself down to any particular idea I d just like to understand all my available paths and answer a couple of questions I m unsure about more than anything nbsp

A:Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs

Leeky said:

Having just spent 117 on that I'd rather not even consider replacing it. So can a system use a second PSU (like any decent PSU), or do they need to be built specially for the purpose?Click to expand...

I'm no expert in PSU's so I wont bull**** you on that, it's my weak spot, but is it possible to use multiple PSU's on one system? Yes. Both in your case? I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-psus-when-running-multiple-gpus.157864/
Relevancy 59.77%

New to the group, hello.
I've been having some trouble getting my second monitor reattached and working again on my WinXP Home system (took it off for an off-site presentation), which seems to have caused a problem with Word 2007's display, on the primary monitor. I've given up on monitor 2 for the time being, but Word on monitor 1 continues to add an additional top ribbon that partially displays the minimize/maximize buttons, etc., but they don't function. Any ideas about how to get rid of tht ribbon without reinstalling Word?
Everything else displays properly on monitor 1, and the graphics properties settings haven't changed (96 dpi, etc.).
Thanks.
Lisa

A:Solved: Word 2007 adding additional top ribbon?

Can you post a screen shot of this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2007-adding-additional-top-ribbon.881889/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm adding a Western Digital Hard drive to my computer. I have a 15 Gig and adding a 160 Gig. My 15 gig is full.

When adding, what is the best way to do it. Master or slave or does it make a difference. Just want to make sure so I get the best results from the start.

Joe

A:Adding additional hard drive (Slave or Master?)

There are several different ways you can do this.

The fastest would be to set your new drive to slave (make sure your current drive is set to master) and install.

**personal note**
Were I installing this on my system....this is what I would do.
Install the new drive as slave.
Make a drive image of your current drive,
load the image on your new slave drive,
swap the master and slave settings (making your new drive master)
verify that the machine boots correctly to your new master 160GB HD (and all files and space is accessible)
If all is good, format the 15GB and use as additional storage

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-additional-hard-drive-slave-or-master.314707/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an old database with customer info in it. I am working with a new database however, that has some of the old customers in it. The old database has some customer details about these customers that I would like to have in my new database. I am having trouble adding the data from the table in the old database to the table in the new database.

So far I have imported the old table into my new database and have tried to Insert Into the New Customers table the CustDescriptions FROM the Old Customers table WHERE FirstName=FirstName And LastName=LastName And Address=Address. This did not work it just added new rows to my table instead of inserting the data into the current rows where the criteria matched.

Any help on how to make this work would be great! Thanks ahead of time.

swebster

A:Access 2000 - adding additional data to a table

Hi - firstly are you using different or the same versions of Access? Secondly I would just cut/copy and paste the records from table to table but you must ensure that the properties for the fields are identical.

stepheno

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2000-adding-additional-data-to-a-table.99922/
Relevancy 59.77%

I ve been having a problem with outlook with 2002 outlook problem and I m hoping someone can help I use outlook to access my hotmail account It worked fine for a while Now whenever I click on any of the folders I get the following error quot The web page cannot be found This problem could have been caused by a bad or misspelled URL following an invalid link or your network connection and or transient conditions on the internet To check the URL choose the Home Page tab on the Properties dialog quot I ve tried a number of things I tried to check the URL problem with outlook 2002 but it s grayed out and I problem with outlook 2002 can t change it I ve tried deleting and re-adding the email account and I ve done a full reinstall of Outlook Also now when I try to open a link that is contained in the email instead of opening up the webpage it opens a file browser called quot Locate Link Browser quot in quot My Documents quot Running Outlook and Win XP Any ideas Thanks very much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-outlook-2002.304945/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am pretty new to this forum.

Just a small problem.

I am using outlook 2002 and was wondering how to Archive all my emails and all the 15-20 Folders so that i can back them up incase of a crash or incase i get a new computer and can retreive all my emails.

I have a P3 with 256Mb Ram, 15GB hd, Win XP Pro, 9.5 GB FreeHD.

Anyone Help Please

A:Outlook 2002 Problem

I use Outlook 2000 so I'm only hoping the archive procedure is the same.

In Outlook, go to File>Archive. That will open a wizard. Follow the wizard through the steps, named the archive file what you want. You can archive individual folders into individual files or the entire thing (Personal Folders) into one pst file.

Archiving removes the the contents of any folders you archive from Outlook and puts them into the archive. If you don't want the data removed, use Export (File>Import and Export), chose Export to a file, choose .pst file, and then follow the steps. Like archiving, you can back up each folder individually or all in one huge pst file.

I find it easier to archive/backup/save all data files (and I mean ALL of them) into a folder in My Documents...saves searching the harddrive for all the files and folders you want to put on the backup CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-problem.93612/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a problem with Outlook that when application is opened, it does not atutomatically update with new messages.

So I hit Send/Receive button and every time a dialog box opens requesting password.

I input the password and click the save password box, but this process happens everytime Outlook is opened.

what to do?

Relevancy 59.77%

I am running Windows XP Professional with Outlook 2002. When I try to send an file attachment via Outlook from within either Excel or Word, I get the error, "Could not open one or more attachments. Out of memory of system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again".

I have 3 Mhz processor and 512 MB RAM, and no other programs other than Excel or Word, and Outlook open. Can someone please advise me how I can remedy this? Our tech support here is awful.

Thanks,
Jolayne

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2002-problem-please-help.25420/
Relevancy 59.34%

Am running Win XP Pro along with Office XP SP Just went to the Office XP update site and installed the Excel and Word Update Oct and the Outlook Update Jan Word and Excel still work fine but Outlook will only start in safe mode hanging at the splash screen if started normally I tried the trick of renaming the dat files noted in some of the bulletin boards but tis did not help I then un-installed Office XP and reinstalled it to SP level without the three patches noted above Outlook still refuses to start normally I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a quot patch to patch the patch quot for this problem but can t seem to find the article again Have also unsuccessfully searched the web and am now truly stuck Since Office seems to have reinstalled itself with all it s old defaults I assume that the un-install programme does not remove registry entries Any idea if there is a manual mode 2002 update safe of jan after 22 2002 applying only starts Outlook in un-install instruction set anywhere - I can t find it at Microsoft nbsp

A:Outlook 2002 only starts in safe mode after applying update of jan 22 2002

have you tried a repair,it is in the tools tab
if you want to uninstall and get rid of the registry entries use jv16 from
www.jv16.org

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-only-starts-in-safe-mode-after-applying-update-of-jan-22-2002.138302/
Relevancy 59.34%

I've recently reinstalled Win bit to my Mushkin enhanced Deluxe gb SSD This drive had a missing MBR I was finally able to reformat it and install additional Drives Boot Windows stalls when Sata adding Windows after changing the boot to Legacy Only in the Windows Boot stalls when adding additional Sata Drives Gigabyte BIOS After installing all the updated drivers and video drivers in the new install I turned to re-connecting all the other HDs in my build that were there before the original problem occurred These drives are a combination of SATA II and SATA III and worked fine on this build before my MBR problem That's when the boot of windows stalled I Windows Boot stalls when adding additional Sata Drives the tried connecting one at a time There are additional internal HDS with the same results The BIOS Windows Boot stalls when adding additional Sata Drives did see the one additional drive I reconnected on the second try When I go back to the single drve everything is fine at boot I even changed the boot back to UEFI and Legacy thinking that was the cause of the problem I'm at a loss to understand why these drives don't function in this my second installation of Windows in this build Some System Info Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU AMD A A C Trinity nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd F A X-UP P C Graphics ASUS VS x Hz MB AMD Radeon HD D Dual Graphics ATI MB AMD Radeon HD XFX Pine Group CrossFire Disabled Hard Drives GB TOSHIBA MKNSSDCR GB-DX SATA Disk Device SSD C Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S N SATA CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio I also have two External drives connected with no problems at boot If the BIOS saw one of those drives how come even that one additional drive causes Windows to flake out

A:Windows Boot stalls when adding additional Sata Drives

Well mate the only thing I can think of at the moment is to check the Device Manager and see if they are there and any error triangles alongside.

Perhaps you need to update the driver s these particular drives and personally I use the manufacturers for that as I am not a fan of the Windows feature.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328450-windows-boot-stalls-when-adding-additional-sata-drives.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Dell Inspiron E GB capacity This computer is used daily mostly for internet use This computer runs PC Tools Performance Toolkit where it dumps all temporary Internet files cookies in addition to their Spyware Doctor with Antivirus After receiving a message that the hard drive was almost full I transferred all photos and graphic program files to a thumb drive and that seemed to alleviate the problem A few days later I received the message again went through unused programs and removed Hard additional keeps without etc. adding Drive capacity filling to software, That too seemed to alleviate the problem for the time being as well Not long after that I received the message again and removed more unused programs which that too helped the problem at the time It again filled up and I received the message again Having exhausted all unused programs and transferring most of the documents to the thumb drive I uninstalled iTunes and it s entire library and that took the drive from capacity down to Since that time an HP printer was re-installed to alleviate some errors from when I uninstalled some of the programs components and also an update from PC tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus and the hard drive is again filled to capacity I ve exhausted any unused files programs and at a stand still with what to do next Any advice is welcome Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-keeps-filling-to-capacity-without-adding-additional-software-etc.1081664/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I have been running Outlook 2002 (part of office XP) on my home PC for 3+ years on Win2000 prof. OS. I have never had a problem with it until last night. It began freezing up when I tried to reply to messages. Now it will do nothing at all!

Other applications appear to work fine, although sometimes slow. I have also found my CPU usage maxed out once or twice while having this problem.

Can anyone help?

Todd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-outlook-2002-freezing-up.325947/
Relevancy 59.34%

Purchased new Palm treo700 smartphone which came with Outlook 2002. When installing programs for the phone from the included CD, it specifically stated "warning: outlook may only be installed on one computer". PROBLEM: I began installation on my old home computer, outlook installed first, and then the remainder of the programs failed. I ended up getting a new desktop (was ready for a new one anyway), and now tried re-installing. Other programs installed fine, but Outlook is "unavailalbe". I don't know if this is related to the product key already being used. I've been trying to get help from microsoft and palm, and I've gotten nowhere! I've spent countless hours on hold with customer service departments being transferred around and no one seems able to help. Please help! I have a new $600 phone and a new $600 computer, and I can't get them to work together!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-outlook-2002.445151/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been using Outlook 2002 on my laptop running xp for some time. I've often copied my data file (Outlook.pst) from my laptop to a desktop also running xp with no problem. I just bought a Dell laptop running Vista and loaded the same Outlook 2002 software which works fine until I copy the data file from my xp machine to the new machine. When I try to start outlook, I get the "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook" warning message, which seems to be stuck in a repeating loop that won't let me click yes or no to proceed and I have to use task manager to end the program. Can anyone help with this.

Thanks!

Jim

P.S. One solution that will most likely work is to switch from Vista to XP on my new computer. How hard is this to do?

A:Outlook 2002 & Vista Problem

Instead of copying the PST file to the new system, use the import from the old to the new.

I would stick with Vista, your work around is NOT that great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-vista-problem.785593/