Windows Support Forum

50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

Q: 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

Hi I hope I m not reposting but as of yet I can t find any solution to either of my problems Firstly I recently got faster internet installed and replaced my router with and 20Mbps Internet 50Mbps icon trouble to limited persistent one that could utilise the faster 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble bandwidth The router is supposed to be capable of enabling up to Mbps whilst my wireless card 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble is supposed to receive up to Mbps The speed of my internet provided is Mbps which is the speed that I get when I connect to the router via ethernet but when I am in the same room with my laptop I only get Mbps tested using speedtest net Help pleaseee Also after tinkering a little my wireless icon in the bottom right corner has permanently become the logo that is attached i e the icon that pops up in windows when the ethernet connection is disabled not working Everything seems to work fine though so it s not a major issue but it s just really 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble annoying I keep thinking something is wrong and every time my internet cuts out I never know Anyway thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

it could be a problem with your wireless card....u mention, does it work well via ethernet? if yes then u cant blame anything but your wireless card OR the wireless radio of the router itself....u can try tweaking the setting of the wireless radio in the router's config

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/50mbps-internet-limited-to-20mbps-and-persistent-icon-trouble.144228/
Relevancy 95.03%

So, not too long ago I upgraded my internet connection to the 40mbps. but my computer is not achieving this speed. the best ive seen was 25mbps, wired directly to modem with ethernet cable. But i do know that the the speed is there with the service, because the cable guy ran a test with his laptop and he got 38mbps wired and wireless. So something with my computer seems to be limiting my speed. just dont know what. I have disable all programs that would slow my connection down.. so that is not the issue here. anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this problem?
The cable tech mentioned something about me running win 7 ultimate on my computer and that my computer wasnt designed for win 7, but for win vista. he said that could be part of the problem. is there any truth to that?

A:40Mbps Internet limited to around 20Mbps

I just wanted to send out an update on this problem.. this problem is solved.. it was Avast web shield that was slowing down my internet connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/40mbps-internet-limited-to-around-20mbps.165393/
Relevancy 67.08%

I m upgrading from for Wireless Networks 20mbps internet? wired to wireless network My budget is - I ll use it to Wireless Networks for 20mbps internet? network my downstairs and upstairs PC s and the games consoles xbox amp Playstation I don t know much about wireless networks so it would be great if you guys could recommend any particular bundles setups I want to use ebuyer co uk Candidates NETGEAR DG GT Mbps Super G Wireless ADSL Router Netgear DG PN ADSL RangeMax MIMO-G Wireless Modem Router Belkin Mbps Wireless ADSL Router Netgear WGT Wireless mbps Firewall Router g Will I need to buy wireless adapters also I m sure I need to get one for the xbox but do you get any with the wireless routers In my current setup I am using multiple network cards in my PC serving all the games consoles and the other PC so there are ethernet cables all around The ends seem to snap often too which is a pain Also my network cards are mbps while my internet is mbps so I m losing speed on the other devices which is really unnecessary nbsp

A:Wireless Networks for 20mbps internet?

Hi Schmutz,

I would go with Belkin 125Mbps Wireless ADSL2+ Router 59.99

Only because i am not a fan of the Netgear range of routers.

Infact i installed this Belkin only last weekend and i was very surprised at how easy the interface was to navigate compared to other routers.

It's easily as good as the other candidates and it's the 2nd Cheapest.

As for wireless adapters none of the above state they come with wireless adapters. IF they don't then you will obviously need to purchase one for each machine you would like to connect. And one for the 360.

Possibly look at the below

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136494 - comes with a wireless adapter

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/133706 - very cheap and comes with a wireless adapter.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-networks-for-20mbps-internet.97761/
Relevancy 64.93%

Computer HP Pavilion DM -USNetwork Card Intel Centrino wireless-N Driver is from intel Windows Home Premium Router Asus RT-N U Firmware I have an issue with my network card I connect to my router without any issues however randomly I will lose connectivity The order this normally happens Internet works fine Connected to internet Able to log into router Wireless Icon shows bars Internet stops working cannot log into router Wireless Icon shows bars Internet stops of Connectivity Random No or Limited and internet icon Drop working cannot log into router Wireless Icon shows bars with yellow triangle limited connectivity At this point two things happen It fixes itself within - minutes or I use the quick key to disable and enable the wireless Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon adapter Once that is down everything works fine until the next time the issue pops up Sometimes this Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon is - times a day other times it seems like once a week While this happens other devices have Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon no issues Only this laptop I believe this has also happened when connected to different wireless network

A:Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595761/random-drop-of-internet-and-limited-or-no-connectivity-icon/
Relevancy 64.93%

Computer HP Pavilion DM -US Network Card Intel Centrino wireless-N Driver is from intel Windows Home Premium Router Asus RT-N U Firmware I have an issue with my network card I connect to my Limited Connectivity of or icon No internet Drop and Random router without any issues however randomly I will lose connectivity The order Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon this normally happens Internet works fine Connected to internet Able to log into router Wireless Icon shows bars Internet stops working cannot log into router Wireless Icon shows bars Internet stops working cannot log into router Wireless Icon shows bars with yellow triangle quot limited connectivity quot At Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon this point two things happen It fixes itself within - minutes or I use Random Drop of internet and Limited or No Connectivity icon the quick key to disable and enable the wireless adapter Once that is down everything works fine until the next time the issue pops up Sometimes this is - times a day other times it seems like once a week While this happens other devices have no issues Only this laptop I believe this has also happened when connected to different wireless network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385230-random-drop-internet-limited-no-connectivity-icon.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Here are the essentials Windows XP Media Center Edition V Build xpsp sp gdr - Service Pack Internet Explorer V Dell Desktop model E After I had a crash with the computer requiring a reboot all works fine except All the desktop icons relating to the internet are screwed up All have reverted to the Internet trouble icon blue E symbol icon which is a pain because I used to rely on the little picture to guide me quickly to links on the desktop Other program icons Internet icon trouble are normal I forget now what I was doing when the crash occurred I think I was filling in a form the IE quit responding So I did the ctrl alt del bit to Internet icon trouble shut it down There were no blue screens or the like occurring with the lockup The links all work OK however I have noticed now also that if I visit a website the wrong icon will show left of the URL of the website Often it is one of the missing icons that used to display on the desktop This must be some type of clue to the trouble Internet icon trouble I sure would like to fix this Thanks in advance

A:Internet icon trouble

The Blue E icon is for Internet Explorer. If internet explorer isn't your default browser the start your Browser, lets say Firefox/Tools/Options/Advanced and put a check box in "Always check to see that Firefox is the Default Browser at Startup" and hit Check now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-icon-trouble-387190.html
Relevancy 55.9%

A few weeks ago I clicked on an attachment and nothing happened in the foreground However now I have an icon zero bytes on the Desktop that defies removal When I try to delete it I get Cannot delete file Cannot read from the source file or disk I ve booted up from several PE bootables and tried using various explorers but even they give the same windows message I ve dropped to console several times and drilled to the Desktop but it is invisible So it is a figment of XP HijackThis shows nothing out of the ordinary to me Rootkit Revealer shows this to be hidden from Windows API Also Killbox and MoveOnBoot can t even see the file The icon is named What NOT to do with a housecat It cannot be renamed or pushed into another folder Very weird This is a nice learning experience I do a bit of computer repair so I run into weird things all the time The computer behaves normally in every way XP Home gHz gig ram etc I m sorry to have deleted the offend-ing email as it may have yielded good evidence I ve used Resplendent Registar to find evidence of it in the registry Even went to the icon nameplace and there was nothing of importance file icon-like Persistent transparent Rootkit Revealer reports zone identifier hidden from Windows API Persistent transparent icon-like file bytes Blacklight rootkit prog found no hidden items I ve tried to use several linux bootables but they do not work with my SATA drives So the computer is fine just one little annoyance But I would like to learn from this in case I see it again in the future Also other people at the hospital opened it up and whatever it was didn t cause an issue Maybe just an XP fluke I would like other opin-ions Thanks for your brain power Ron N nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I am at a loss to discover where this icon originates or how to get rid of it, if that is advisable.  Any clue would be appriciated.  thanks all. the_skwire  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Peculiar-persistent-Icon-appears-on-All-screens-in-Windows-10/td-p/3357104
Relevancy 55.47%

purchased a ps4 today.

unfortunately, i ran into some problems right away.

i am getting a 300kbps download speed on my home wifi which is 50mbps. all other devices are fine (ipad, laptop, phones) at about 40mbps.
it's so slow that i cannot even sign in to PSN..

I did not have this problem with my PS3.

i tried connecting the ps4 to my iphone's internet and that worked (at about 7mbps) so i am thinking it is the router..

the router is an arris dg860 if that's any help..

really disappointed with the purchase, it is for my son and he was super excited and i even got $40 worth of PSN money..

i'd appreciate it very much if anyone can point me to a workable solution.

thanks so much in advance

A:300kbps DL speed on 50mbps connection on my new PS4

I don't know my way around routers too well but have you tried the simple things first....
turn off all the connected devices you can, ipad, TV's other consoles etc.
unplug the modem and router. let sit for maybe 30seconds to 1 min., plug in modem first (if separate) wait for the lights to go green, next plug in the router and wait for its lights to go green.
I would try only the TV and PS4 first, see if it works.

should that fail... You can double check the PS4s connection. you may need to manually set up some things.
You might need to set up port forwarding for the PS4 in the router as well.

Sadly I can't explain that well enough, but I know there are some router gurus around here that can help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/300kbps-dl-speed-on-50mbps-connection-on-my-new-ps4.1171592/
Relevancy 54.61%

This one is causing me to lose more hair than I naturally already have hehe I've never posted a computer problem before so please bear with me if I don't include all the BSOD with nagging persistent Trouble info I need to get help from all you kind folks Just let me know what else I need I'll mention Trouble with nagging persistent BSOD that I consider myself an intermediate computer user I do have some knoweldge about windows and computer hardware so I am not a beginner but am certainly no expert either This computer is a Tiger Direct barebones I assembled myself in June of Originally the crashes only happened while playing Civilization last year but steadily got worse over time later happening at any time while in use and sometimes at idle as well I have so far clean reinstalled my windows -bit home edition updated all drivers that I'm aware of updated BIOS run memtest with passes and no errors Also tried my sticks of Corsair mb ram each induvidually as well as tried different RAM slots I've been unable to run a complete scan with AVG Free Ed although Trouble with nagging persistent BSOD I was able to before my clean reinstall Trouble with nagging persistent BSOD of windows Note that I have no crashes at all while in safe mode Also looked into frequency voltage and timing settings of my RAM although they seem to be right even on auto settings Tempuratures all seem to be OK as well But this damn puter still gives me bsod's at frequent random times of PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA with win k sys most times as a file reference and sometimes IRQL LESS BUT NOT EQUAL What am I missing Is there an un obvious fix Or am I just screwed with incompatible part s I'm at a loss of what to try next so any and all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Trouble with nagging persistent BSOD

Hmmmmm....seem to be having trouble posting my DMP file. Using WinRAR to compress, but file still seems to be 303mb (too large to post?8Mb max?) Feel like I'm doing something dumb here or missing something obvious. Help with this is greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253618-trouble-nagging-persistent-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Mediacom Cable Internet here in Arizona and my advertised speed is 20Mbps Download and 2Mbps Upload. When I go to Speedtest.net and you the closest server in AZ I will get any ware from 10 to 15Mbps download, then I try LA and I will get from 22 to 30Mbps download and my upload is always 1.45 to 1.67Mbps no matter what server I use. I do understand different servers will get different speeds. My main problem is even when I?m getting 20+ Mbps on my tests the internet just feels sluggish. Web pages do not load really fast. When downloading a file I have never got over 1.5 Mbps/Sec no matter what server I download from. My upload is always around .2Mbps no matter how i upload. So why does the internet seem slow even when I get good speeds?

Sorry for the long post.

A:20Mbps is slugish

Quote: Originally Posted by cookiemonster

I have Mediacom Cable Internet here in Arizona and my advertised speed is 20Mbps Download and 2Mbps Upload. When I go to Speedtest.net and you the closest server in AZ I will get any ware from 10 to 15Mbps download, then I try LA and I will get from 22 to 30Mbps download and my upload is always 1.45 to 1.67Mbps no matter what server I use. I do understand different servers will get different speeds. My main problem is even when I?m getting 20+ Mbps on my tests the internet just feels sluggish. Web pages do not load really fast. When downloading a file I have never got over 1.5 Mbps/Sec no matter what server I download from. My upload is always around .2Mbps no matter how i upload. So why does the internet seem slow even when I get good speeds?

Sorry for the long post.

When does it happen? (only when DL'ing a file)

please make a snip of the performance tab of task manager sorted by memory. I suspect the is something internal like indexing, or malware scan running)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211880-20mbps-slugish.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I just got a new computer and when I run a speed-test I get say mbps however if I run it on any other laptop or desktop get gets 3-5mbps, while I everyone the else 16-20mbps. house in Help? only in the house I get around mbps I have tried using the wireless adapter in my brothers PC but I still get I have tried putting a laptop in the same position as my PC and I get still could anyone tell me the problem and possibly tell me how to fix it EDIT It is a fairly I only get 3-5mbps, while everyone else in the house gets 16-20mbps. Help? decent computer it runs fast Operating System MS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz I only get 3-5mbps, while everyone else in the house gets 16-20mbps. Help? C Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ECS H H -M CPU Graphics MR -H A email protected ATI Radeon HD Sapphire PCPartner Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EARX- N YB ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives ATAPI iHAS ATA Device Audio Bluetooth Audio Device Thanks in Advance - Ciaran nbsp

A:I only get 3-5mbps, while everyone else in the house gets 16-20mbps. Help?

Buy a high-quality (eg Belkin brand) ethernet cable that is just long enough to connect your PC to the router (ie as little spare cable as possible)

If no improvement, replace the network card as it may be poor quality even though it's a new machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-get-3-5mbps-while-everyone-else-in-the-house-gets-16-20mbps-help.1033229/
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently, after re-installing windows, my SSDs write speeds has plummeted, the read speeds were fine however my write speeds just went through the floor, even my HDDs write speed is faster. My computer is a Dell XPS 15z. Any idea how to fix this?

A:SSD write speed less than 20mbps

Do you have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers loaded?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232679-ssd-write-speed-less-than-20mbps.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Good evening - I am grateful to see all of the examples soutions to so many problems I would like to join the ranks of your supporters My Dell desktop starts up incredibly slowly - we have Windows XP Upon startup the only thing that is accesible is the C prompt and the Task Manager There is NO Start Menu or any icons The Task Manager has very limited capabilities - I can Run Internet Explorer it shows up in the Processes tab of the Task Manager but it just flashes in the background for a moment and is not accesible I can open Start No Manager limited Task and Icon VERY Menu, programs like Palm Desktop I can start up in Safe Mode In Safe Mode I cannot connect to the internet I tried to load SUPERantiSpyware exe and I could access it on my G stick drive and even save it to my C drive but when I try to run it I get a message that Windows Installer Services could not be accessed I have read about Hijackthis but I don t know how to set it up on my crippled computer I have run CCleaner I believe I have all of the Windows Disks Can you please walk me through the basic steps to start my journey back No Start Menu, Icon and VERY limited Task Manager to a clean computer Many Thanks Rachel nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

My wifi connection shows limited connectivity (yellow icon) after some time. I have to restart the system to make it work again. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connection-shows-limited-connectivity-yellow-icon-after/td-p/5693045
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everybody I ve been having some trouble when it comes to switching from one account to another and I m wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them I am running Win XP Home with SP and all current updates installed There are only two accounts on my machine one Administrator and one limited user Limited From Admin To Account Switching Trouble account and each is password protected I log on to the admin account and everything seems to be fine although things seem to load slow at times Later when I try to switch over and log on to a limited account one of two things has been happening I Everything works normally or The limited account starts to load up then just gets stuck and nothing works Whenever happens I have to manually hold the PCs power off on button in until the machine goes off and then restart it OK that s part of the problem here s some more When I try to switch users back from the limited user to admin there are about three different things that will happen My favorite everything works normally The admin account will open briefly then quickly close going back to it s screen saver and requiring you to reenter the password to get in however if I keep the mouse moving while switching users it doesn Trouble Switching From Limited To Admin Account t do that Everything on the screen flickers and then disappears leaving a blank E Machine background and just stops right Trouble Switching From Limited To Admin Account there with nothing working Here again I have to shut down and restart the machine And here s some more of the problem everything will just hang from time to time whenever the limited account is simply Trouble Switching From Limited To Admin Account being logged off of I don t think that it is a malware related problem because I have recently submitted a HJT log on a different problem and received a clean bill of health from the malware section OK so have any of you run into anything like this if so what to do to overcome this problem Thanks in advance for any help Wendy

A:Trouble Switching From Limited To Admin Account

how recently did the problem start?
Did you installed/uninstalled any software/hardware before the problem started?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55616/trouble-switching-from-limited-to-admin-account/
Relevancy 49.88%

i am having a problem trying to connect my wireless usb lan adapter to the internet i checked my networks and i noticed that it said that i had Limited Connectivity sometimes when i fool Local Connectivity Trouble Limited/ with Only Wireless around with it it switches to Local Only i also have a wireless router EH- on a separate network that router s network on the other hand has no problems and it says that the network is Local and Internet i really want to use Trouble with Wireless Limited/ Local Only Connectivity my wireless usb lan adapter to connect my DSi to the internet my ds recognizes the signal but because the adapter is on a Limited Connectivity network it cant connect to Trouble with Wireless Limited/ Local Only Connectivity the internet Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users sonicadvdx gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name sonicadvdx-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n US B Network Adapter Physical Address -A -B -B - D- B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af d b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V- Network Connecti on Physical Address - D- - A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c af b f a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c af b f a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FB D - - F A-B B -FFD DFE br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users sonicadvdx gt nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok this just happened recently and I don t know what is causing it I ll try to give u a brief overview of the situtation I m in XP used to be on my D driver gigs it internet Computer My network gone icon loading settings icon is extremely slow, in got screwed up BSOD at the time I didn t know as much computers My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone so I My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone installed XP to my C driver gigs This has worked pretty fine up until when SP was released I can t install SP because XP takes up about gigs by itself Without SP I just have been running some extra firewalls so compensate Well about days ago I noticed whenever I open up my computer it takes like or seconds before the hard drivers appear Then I went into network connections to look at my internet icon to check the settings I opened it up and nothing My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone was there The only thing there was on the far left it was asking me if I wanted to setup a network my internet is working on all the computers I have ran different spyware scans and found nothing ran mcaffee scans and nothing I can t restore my computer because all the restores got deleted when I was trying to free space on my drives Where do I go usually I can solve tech problems but I mean this is beyond weird What do I do first if you need more information just ask because I really need some advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-icon-loading-extremely-slow-internet-icon-in-network-settings-is-gone.419408/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello my long time friend--Tech Support Forum It's been persistent tracking cookies internet very six years since I last posted anything here and I always remember this place Thank you for making me feel at home I need some quick help please I have ongoing online classes which require my computer to work properly every week But I am now stuck with these very persistent internet tracking cookies removed by superantispyware everyday and kept on coming back everyday So below is my log Your help is highly appreciated SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log SUPERAntiSpyware Remove Malware Remove Spyware - AntiMalware AntiSpyware AntiAdware Generated at PM Application Version Database Version Scan type Complete Scan Total very persistent internet tracking cookies Scan Time Operating System Information Windows Home -bit Build UAC On - Limited User Memory items scanned Memory threats detected Registry items scanned Registry threats detected File items scanned File threats detected Adware Tracking Cookie C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies UJA YBT txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies UJA YBT txt adnxs com C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies UVPXPGH txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies UVPXPGH txt bluekai com C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies CYJCRW txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies CYJCRW txt sp adbrn com C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies ITH IV K txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies ITH IV K txt dmtry com C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies CA RY Y txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies CA RY Y txt cdn at atwola com C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies DYL KE txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies DYL KE txt atwola com C Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies O XS ISX txtC Users Rusheng AppData Local Microsoft Windows INetCookies O XS ISX txt adsrvr org atwola com JEB C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES DYL KE TXT bluekai com bkdc C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES UVPXPGH TXT bluekai com bku C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES UVPXPGH TXT sp adbrn com tuuid C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES CYJCRW TXT sp adbrn com rscscap C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES CYJCRW TXT cdn at atwola com msnping C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES CA RY Y TXT dmtry com aid C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES ITH IV K TXT adsrvr org TDID C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES O XS ISX TXT adsrvr org TDCPM C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES O XS ISX TXT adnxs com sess C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES UJA YBT TXT adnxs com uuid C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES UJA YBT TXT adnxs com anj C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES UJA YBT TXT adnxs com icu C USERS RUSHENG APPDATA LOCAL MICROSOFT WINDOWS INETCOOKIES UJA YBT TXT End of Log

A:very persistent internet tracking cookies

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
Once the Scan is done, select Clean
Once done it will ask to reboot, please allow the reboot.
On reboot, a log will be produced. It can also be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C#].txt
Please copy/paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.Double-click FRST64 to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
Make sure the Addition.txt button is ticked.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/very-persistent-internet-tracking-cookies-1140090.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am having this really strange problem.
Sometimes when I switch on my computer I get the pc loading and making the normal boot noise but on the monitor nothing is displayed. Nothing, absolutely nothing. The normal green light that you have on the monitor to say it is on switches to amber when the pc is switched on.

I cannot press the restart button on my computer, because nothing happens if I do that. I have to go to the main power switch and cut it and switch back on at least 3/4 times, before it works and loads up fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When it eventually does boot up fine and I login I have no internet access at all. Then I have to restart, login again and then everything is normal.
It take me a long time to just start using the computer because of this problem???

A:Persistent problem - internet and startup

sounds like a faulty power supply
post your system specs including the details from the side of the power supply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/persistent-problem-internet-and-startup-172070.html
Relevancy 47.3%

At Trouble Icon some point recently an not at my behest all Desktop Icon Settings were selected and the Computer User s File Network and Control Panel icons popped up on my desktop Fortunately all I had to do was learn about the Desktop Icon Settings utility and I could get shot of them again Not so cool was that at the same time a Libraries icon also appeared and this does not appear on any utils ot options that I can see and unlike all the others it has no delete option Nor can it be dropped in the recycle bin or anywhere else for that matter It does open up Windows Explorer when left clicked but the only right click options are - Open Restore Default Icons Copy and Create Shortcut I want it gone Sfc scannow reports no errors Regcure amp WiseReg amp CCleaner say I m good to go as well And now I Icon Trouble m going to uninstall Zonealarm so I can try to get system restore working All said why s it there And where did it come from Yet again HELP Please Stoo

A:Icon Trouble

A screenshot would help. When you right click and choose properties, what does it show (again screenshot best). Try this, drag it to the taskbar, and choose to pin to Explorer. If it will pin, and leaves the desktop, then right click and choose to unpin. That might make it disappear. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/132150-icon-trouble.html
Relevancy 47.3%

One of my wonderfull roomates was on my computer enjoying himself shall we say and because of that i got some viruses Trouble Icon on my computer I always run AVG I used trendmicro Icon Trouble and pandasoft virus scans I actually found this site thru just a general search on google for help My desktop was locked blue couldn t change anything Read something that suggested ewido and i now use that My computer is free of virus etc Background was still blue Did some more searching and wound up finding that i had to mess w regedit in order to get it fixed HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION POLICIES SYSTEMand then deleted C Windows Web desktop htmlAfter i did that i was able to view my desktop again and change backgrounds back to jessica simpson one problem still remains tho My icons are still surrounded by blue in the lettering and around the actual icon I did a search and it looks similar to what would happen if you went to controll pannel gt performance and maintenance gt system gt advanced gt settings under performance and unchecked drop shadow icon found a picture of the problem when i searched http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind c hl icon the resolution to that problem was just the controll pannel issue Im stumped as far as what to do next and seaching got old been at this on and off for - days now and am throwing in the towel I didn t delete or change any other values in the regedit If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated Everything is functional just annoying now

right click on desktop, choose properties, under themes tab change theme to windows xp. That should clean things up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41247/icon-trouble/
Relevancy 47.3%

To all you great computer minds out there I have a question. When a desktop icon is clicked, why does it open a different program then the one that is clicked? Thanks!

A:Icon trouble

Not quite sure I follow you there. If it's a desktop shortcut to a program, it should open to the Target specified. You see this when you right-click on the shortcut => Properies => 'Target' field.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icon-trouble.780279/
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer got shut off by a thunderstorm and when I rebooted all my icons were screwed up. Excuse my noobness, but anyone tell me how to fix it?

A:Icon Trouble- Probably Nothing

Scroll down to #195 and click "Restore Desktop Icons and Taskbar" in the right column.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/icon-trouble-probably-nothing-87242.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all, I just recently themed my PC to look like a Mac, including changing the icons using Icon Packager. I didn't like the outcome so I decided to go back to my setup before, but I'm having some icon trouble. The Mac OS icons are still applied OVER my windows icons after applying the Windows default icons using icon packager. I've rebuilt my icon cache and that didn't work. I will provide a screen shot of what I am talking about. All help is appreciated. Thank you!

Hello Lewis, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could do a system restore using a restore point dated before you made these changes to undo them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/84501-icon-trouble.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've set up two drive mappings on my Windows machine to my NAS machine but they never stay when I reboot When I reboot or start my machine the drive mappings show a red quot X quot beside them in Explorer but when I just single click on them they open up as you would expect them to From that point on everything is good until I reboot again I should mention that I also always get the yellow pop-up message bottom left side that says quot Could not reconnect all network drives quot Until I manually click on the drives in Windows Explorer my favorites won't very drive persistent not mappings persistent network show up in IE since I have my favorites located on one of the mapped drives on my NAS As soone as I click on the drive s in Windows Explorer the favorites immediately show up in IE I've set them up using UNC and IP addresses ie sharename persistent network drive mappings not very persistent So far nothing 'sticks' and I can't seem to find an answer on the net Many suggestions seem to think the OS is trying to load the mapped drives persistent network drive mappings not very persistent before the network stuff is loaded Since I'm booting from a SSD drive seconds to boot up yes then this makes sense I've also tried a net use command in the registry run to manually connect the shares each boot persistent network drive mappings not very persistent but that gives me the same result Anyone have any ideas

A:persistent network drive mappings not very persistent

See if this article helps:

Auto Reconnect Mapped Network Drive

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28927-persistent-network-drive-mappings-not-very-persistent.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello A few days ago I think on the th I ended up with some malicious intrusions from some webpage popup spam The computer went to really high processing cpu then froze shortly after and upon restart I found a few entries in the msconfig startup such as b exe poprock I removed these shut down the procesess and deleted b exe and also an msa exe went through registry deleted poprock registry folder nordbull registry folder ran a superantivirus scan had it delete a few trojans and worms ran combofix but unlike previous combo fix runs in the past this time it would instantly pop up cpu usage to when attempting to run combofix and would take about minutes just to start up During the scans though combofix kept getting a blue error screen saying 'page fault in non paged area' and would restart the computer I ran a malware bytes scan found some more trojans and registries that were deleted ran gmer yesterday and found some rootkit activity but left it alone and simply made a log file of it Something is still lingering in my system from the looks of the dds txt not to mention the persistent internet explorer redirectings when I click on a link in google to random advertisements Any help would be appreciated thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by God at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com BHO AutorunsDisabled - No File BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mRun NvSvc RUNDLL EXE c windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll persistent explorer msa.exe, b.exe, links redirects on internet NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun MSConfig quot c windows system msconfig exe quot auto dRun MySpaceIM c program files myspace im MySpaceIM exe mPolicies-system EnableLUA x IE Download with GetRight - c program files getright GRdownload htm IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Open with GetRight Browser - c program files getright GRbrowse htm IE AC E - - d -BC D- B D A msa.exe, b.exe, persistent redirects on internet explorer links DE - c program files aim aim exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c progra java jre bin ssv dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab TCP E CBA - - F -A -BF C B TCP F - A- AF-B E -A CE A ECE TCP F C B- E- C-A C-D FD AE E Handler belarc - E AB- E - D -B ED- CC A F - c program files belarc advisor system BAVoilaX dll Notify SASWinLogon - c program files superantispyware SASWINLO dll SEH SABShellExecuteHook Class ae d - afb- e - a-ebb f a da - c program files superantispyware SASSEH DLL FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA SERVICES DRIVERS Created Last - - lt DIR gt --ds---- C ComboFix - - a------- c windows system CF exe - - a------- c windows system CF exe - - a------- c windows system CF exe - - lt DIR gt --d... Read more

A:msa.exe, b.exe, persistent redirects on internet explorer links

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258787/msaexe-bexe-persistent-redirects-on-internet-explorer-links/
Relevancy 46.44%

Anyone searching for help with an unknown icon problem like I had recently in another thread this is just another option to find this icon elsewhere on your computer After deciding to change my ZoneAlarm settings to not load at start-up I was looking at other settings within my ZoneAlarm Control Center When the Control Center first opens it is on Overview I then clicked on Program Control then on the Programs tab on the upper right and low and behold there was that mysterious icon that was troubling me staring me right in the face It even showed next to it what it was in my case Shockwave Updater I feel kind of silly now that it was there the whole time while I was bothering the awesome volunteers on this website Although I do feel there is a reason for icon trouble unknown FYI for everything in life so maybe this will help someone else someday when they are using the search option Thank you to everyone who volunteers their time and expertise here at Tech Support Guy Kim p s Any Senior or Distuinguished members and of course Moderators- please add to this if it sounds like it might confuse someone looking for help and maybe a link to download ZoneAlarm which I know is highly recommended on this website and by a little bit past a beginner like me p s s I m not suggesting to anyone to not have ZoneAlarm to load at start-up because you have to make sure FYI for unknown icon trouble you remember to start it manually before going on the Internet I personally decided to do it because my computer is older and slower at start-up nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fyi-for-unknown-icon-trouble.675456/
Relevancy 46.44%

I just reformatted my "C" harddrive and re-installed windows and the desktop icons look like this in the attached picture after I installed those two programs.

A:Desktop Icon trouble

It may be corrected by a reboot. I have had this before and it's only due to it not showing the correct icon associated with the program.
You could also try going Start>All Programs>Malwarebytes, then right click on it and select 'Properties'. Then under the 'Shortcut' tab, you will see a 'Change Icon' tab. Make sure that the Malwarebytes icon is highlighted and press OK. Do the same for the other one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-icon-trouble-557610.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Does anyone know why my all desktop icons change to the program I have just installed or down loaded. I.E. I have just set up to watch Channel four television on my computer and all the desktop icons now have the channel four logo displayed on the front of them. I am using Vista Home. Maybe I have ticked an icon box and not realised. Can anyone help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icon-trouble.676452/
Relevancy 46.44%

My desktop icons are being partly cut off and I am not sure how to fix it. The link has a screen shot of what i am talking about if anyone else has had this problem id appreciate it greatly if you could shed some light on how to fix it.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...topiconsss.png

Thanks.

A:Desktop icon trouble

Hello Jim, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It looks like the shortcut arrow overlay icons is messed up. You can use the tutorial below to see if it can restore it for you. You can then remove it afterwards if you like using the tutorial as well without have the overlay icon like it is now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-restore.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/29129-desktop-icon-trouble.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Im having trouble keeping the icons (folders) under My Computer the way I want them to stay arranged. I select, arrange icons by > type > show in groups. Ok so after that my icons under my computer are arranged the way I want them. But if I click in my C: drive then those icons are also arranged by group and I don't want that so I go about arranging them how I want them then I close the window. Then if you open up my computer again all my icons there are arranged the way they were under the c: drive, without groups.

Hopefully that made sense, any help is much appreciated.

Windows XP (latest sps)
Dell Dimension 9100
PD 940
2GB PNY 667
8800GTS 640mb

A:My computer icon trouble

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab, scroll down and tick 'Remember each folder's view settings', now set them as you want them and it should 'stick'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-icon-trouble.693058/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok so there is no option about having a problem with desktop icons Its a simple question I have to ask On this website http www nch com au mixpad index html yesterday I downloaded what is called a MixPad Audio Mixer program for free that lets me mix several different Desktop Icon Trouble sounds of music for anything I want to make Desktop Icon Trouble What happened was yesterday after I Desktop Icon Trouble downloaded the programs there Desktop Icon Trouble were also added programs to go with it basically like apps that would make the program a little easier the icons for these programs of them were added to my desktop on top of other icons So I moved them over Well then I realized that I wanted to reorganise my icons around a little bit but for some reason whenever I tried to move an icon a folder for example one grid space to the right it moved it but basically left a quot ghost quot copy of the same icon in the original spot I moved the icon from I cannot click on the copies and they stay there no matter what I try to do which wasn't much because i don't know what to do and I need help Basically I can't move a file without a nd copy being there and I can't seem to fix that or click on them Please all help is needed and thanked

A:Desktop Icon Trouble

can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing

TO post a screen shot:

Quote:

* Pressing Alt-PrintScreen places an image of the frontmost window on the clipboard. Pressing PrintScreen by itself places an image of the entire desktop on the clipboard.
* Open MS-Paint. (From Start/Run, issue the command "mspaint".) Create a new empty image, and use Edit/Paste to bring in the screenshot you just took. (If the screenshot is smaller than the default Paint canvas, you'll end up with white areas. Start over: create a new empty image, change its dimensions to 1x1, and Paste again. The canvas will grow for the Paste, but it doesn't shrink.)
* Use MS-Paint to Save As, using PNG as the file format (it is superior to all the rest).
* Don't forget the post-processing.

Other resources-
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108297

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-icon-trouble-492861.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys firstly I'll Windows 1014 7 loss internet, DNS errors Persistent of - just say I've been using this site for several years now to help me out and have found it very useful I have posted this in the Windows forum as it seems to be a problem specific to this OS Sorry if it should be somewhere else About three months back I built a new system based on Windows Pro x It has been generally excellent apart from a persistent but unpredictable loss of internet I first noticed it after a few days when I would randomly lose connection to online games I just put it down to a bad server or ISP dropping my connection but notably other Internet devices in my house did not appear to be suffering Once I was kicked back to my desktop and saw that the Windows network icon on the taskbar had a yellow Persistent loss of internet, DNS 1014 errors - Windows 7 exclamation mark as soon as I saw it it disappeared and my internet connection was fine again Since then it has recurred many times but the pattern is not predictable in any way Sometimes it will be a week but I haven't been gaming as much recently and I guess it's less noticeable when browsing Typically I'll be browsing and notice that the page isn't loading then I'll see the yellow exclamation mark Usually if I just leave it seconds or so it sorts itself out On one occasion it didn't but disabling and enabling the network adapter did the trick Things I have tried x NICs onboard PCIE Realtek LAN PCI Realtek LAN card and Intel PCI LAN card Uninstalling Bonjour service Removing IPV using Microsoft Fix It app Flushing DNS cache I have checked the event viewer and there are many DNS Client Events errors going right back to when I built the system I have only just discovered this but from memory I can associate a few of the dates and times to events where I lost internet If anyone can help me out here this would be great because it's driving me nuts and I would hate to have to go back to Vista for some crappy issue like this Thank you

A:Persistent loss of internet, DNS 1014 errors - Windows 7

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579117/persistent-loss-of-internet-dns-1014-errors-windows-7/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I foolishly uninstalled avg for a few days on my dell inspiron laptop and now have popups They started off with ligimate sites but now only seem to be for a blank internet explorer cannot display page entitled http em pc-on-internet com cu amp login have tried ad-aware then spybot then malwarebytes antimalware to no Persistent Popups ~ http://em.pc-on-internet.com/?cu=1379&login avail Can anyone help please Have pasted Hijack This report below thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP Persistent Popups ~ http://em.pc-on-internet.com/?cu=1379&login WinNT Persistent Popups ~ http://em.pc-on-internet.com/?cu=1379&login MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband Wireless AffinegyService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files WinPcap rpcapd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband Wireless Wireless Manager exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C documents and settings paul edmunds local settings application data cyaci exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband Wireless ndis events exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Virgin Broadband Wireless wpa supplicant exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gottohaveit co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run CTSVolFE exe quot C Program Files Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe quot ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/persistent-popups-http-em-pc-on-internet-com-cu-1379-login.730886/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem, not a catastrophe but could be fixed. The recycle bin icon on my desktop is missing the text underneath it that says "recycle bin". All of my other icons have the text underneath them. And when I right click on the recycle bin icon and click properties nothing happens, no errors, no loading cursor. I am running Windows XP Professional. Help Me! Here is a picture of what my icon looks like.

A:[Resolved] Recycle Bin icon Trouble

There is a fix listed on the Doug Knox website... http://www.dougknox.com/ . Click on XP Fixes, then a little ways down the right hand column you will see the link for 'Repairing the Recycle Bin Desktop Icon'. I haven't needed to use this fix personally, but Mr. Knox knows his stuff
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-recycle-bin-icon-trouble.238045/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm trying to make a custom icon file to use on the desktop of my students' computers. I've created the file using paint and saved it as a 32x32 pixel .ico file, but when I try to select is as the icon for the shortcut, windows give the message that the file "contains no icons".

Can anybody offer advice for this problem?

Thanks!
Donna

A:trouble recognizing icon file in XP

I think paint doesn't have the ability to save as .ico. Download IrfanView. It is a free program. Open your homemade icons in it and save them as .ico.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-recognizing-icon-file-in-xp.797179/
Relevancy 46.01%

In Windows XP, for some reason my desktop icons are no longer underlined as hyperlinks are, but the names are surrounded by colored boxes. We've tried changing desktop colors and all the appearance tabs, to no avail. These annoying boxes won't go away.

What are we doing wrong? Any help will be most appreciated!

Relevancy 46.01%

- ok so i bought a dlink usb adapter for my desktop vista bit which previously used ethernet I set it all up updated driver i can connect to the network fine signal strength is very good i can see other comps on network - in windows network and sharing browser,msn) limited wireless connected internet internet but (no HELP! centre everything is perfect i click diagnose and repair it says everything is working fine - BUT i cannot use any browser and see any sites nor can i use msn messenger or skype BUT the strange thing is i can play counter strike and connect to game servers fine through steam gaming network and i can use steams chatting service which is much like msn and talk to HELP! wireless internet connected but limited internet (no browser,msn) my gaming friends - when i open cmdprompt and PING i get all packets HELP! wireless internet connected but limited internet (no browser,msn) none lost but when i ping anything else such as yahoo HELP! wireless internet connected but limited internet (no browser,msn) com it doesnt work my friends says its a DNS setting problem and i think so too becoz when i diagnose why msn doesnt work it goes through all the steps and when it gets to DNS it says DNS has a problem too btw i turn off all firewalls just incase but still no browsers - CAN SUM LEET PLEASE HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEESSSSSEEEEEEE nbsp

A:HELP! wireless internet connected but limited internet (no browser,msn)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-internet-connected-but-limited-internet-no-browser-msn.880220/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi - need some help with putting the internet back on my new computer !! Without doing anything ( no downloading or updating ) the computer has suddenly lost internet - saying that it is connected but there is a little symbol to say that it is a limited connection ( I am now usiing my old computer to write this message ! ) Looked it up online and tried the basic things suggested ( putting in commands ( when you press wndows / x and a ) and unchecking a box about power options - but no good ! ( sorry for the lack of precise details but not computer savvy ! )
Very frustrated as the whole point of a new computer is for it to work !!!!  Any suggestions ? - PLEASE !!!!!

A:limited internet access ( i.e. small sign and no internet )

Usually happens when your adapter is bad, drivers are hosed, bad cable connecting the computer to the router or switch, or router IP table hosed up.  Try a ipconfig /flushdns in a Command Window as administrator, along with resetting the Winsock.  Also try turning off modem & router and then turn back on in the following steps:  Modem (wait for it to come back online with the ISP), then Router.

It also helps to know the manufacturer & model of the computer, along with how the computer was connected to the Internet (wired or wireless), along with model & manufacturer of router.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520510/limited-internet-access-ie-small-sign-and-no-internet/
Relevancy 46.01%

I turned on my computer the other day and it had a blue screen error that I didn't pay attention to (I know its bad) but when I turned on my laptop and it automatically connected to my usual wifi, it said limited connectivity and the internet won't work. I've tried all the general things, restarting computer, making sure wi-fi is on, and I know its only my computer because there are other laptops in this house that use the wi-fi and it works fine for them. However, with the cable, my internet does work just fine with no errors. How do I fix it? Help is greatly appreciated.

A:Limited connectivity over wi-fi with no internet, but internet works with cable? help

Hi & welcome,

Navigate your way over to the Network and sharing center

Manage network connections

Now delete the troublesom connection & start again (Re-establish a new connection).

This should fix the issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285939-limited-connectivity-over-wi-fi-no-internet-but-internet-works-cable-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This problem actually showed up on my desktop computer and my netbook They weren't identical but nearly so If I can start with a little background On the same day both computers started having problems with the quot not a valid Windows image quot errors The desktop errors mentioned a different filename than the netbook ones but it seemed to be the same problem The desktop also had a bogus quot Protection System quot program trying to install itself and uninstall my Norton Internet Security On "Bad No messages Constant - internet error and access persistent Image" the netbook the error messages say GoogleUpdate exe - Bad Image quot and quot DLL C WINDOWS System winhelper dll not a valid Windows image quot On the netbook internet access is locked down and all of my settings buttons are grayed out so I can't change my appearance settings etc I found the self help page on this site to eliminate the quot Protection System quot from the desktop machine and attempted to download the programs recommended Whatever had hold of the computer wouldn't let me download most of these and the ones I could download I couldn't run I have an external HDD case so I removed the HDD from the desktop and put it in the case hooked it to another laptop that I have and ran AGV Malwarebytes Spybot and AdAware Combined these found about different problems and fixed them After installing the HDD back into the desktop all seems well It works great and subsequent scans have turned up nothing but the odd tracking cookie etc I said all of that to try and explain what I have been trying to do to fix the netbook After purchasing a USB card reader that has a SATA connection I removed the HDD from the Constant and persistent "Bad Image" error messages - No internet access netbook and ran all Constant and persistent "Bad Image" error messages - No internet access of the aforementioned scans on it from the newly recovered desktop I wasn't so successful this time around however Very few problems were found and the netbook still has the same symptoms I tried to follow the pre-posting instructions but since I could not access the internet from the netbook I had to download DDS and RootRepeal onto the netbook HDD from the desktops connection I then opened them and ran the scans saving the logs to the desktop I hope all of this makes sense If not obviously I'll be glad to try and explain further DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Tim at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Webroot Internet Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Outdated B - - B- -E CCFA A D D AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F FW Webroot Internet Security Essentials disabled DB C-B - d -AB - A CCC FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchSVCHOST EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsSVCHOST EXESVCHOST EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeSVCHOST EXEC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Lenovo OneKey App System Repair UpdateMonitor exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Lenovo Energy Management utility exeC Program Files Lenovo Energy Management Energy Management exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Acronis TrueImageEchoEnterpriseSe... Read more

A:Constant and persistent "Bad Image" error messages - No internet access

Hello Delta88Welcome to Welcome to BleepingComputer =====================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.===========Download This file. Note its name and save it to your root folder, such as C:\.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with this file.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Double-click on the downloaded file to start the program. (If running Vista, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")Allow the driver to load if asked.You may be prompted to scan immediately if it detects rootkit activity.If you are prompted to scan your system click "Yes" to begin the scan.If not prompted, click the "Rootkit/Malware" tab.On the right-side, all items to be scanned should be checked by default except for "Show All". Leave that box unchecked.Select all drives that are connected to your system to be scanned.Click the Scan button to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete)When the scan is finished, click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as Results.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.Exit the program and re-enable all active protection when done.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259305/constant-and-persistent-bad-image-error-messages-no-internet-access/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello!

My comps running slow and the net and I have 50mpbs, its odd, need help. :/

Best Regards,

Genius At Play

A:Computer slow, 50mbps + net slow :/ Need help!

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566866/computer-slow-50mbps-net-slow-need-help/
Relevancy 45.58%

I clicked on the Hidden box of Properties for a couple of my folders.

I lost my limited user account folder in the Users folder. How do I get it back?

Thanks,
theAdmiral

A:I lost my limited user account folder icon in Users folder.

You mean you hide it? If that what happened, just change the folder view setting to show up the hidden folders.
Refer here:
Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

If that isn't what happened, then elaborate the situation much more.
Take Care

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195276-i-lost-my-limited-user-account-folder-icon-users-folder.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,My internet monitor icon and audio icons have disappeared from right hand corner of taskbar.
I've had a fiddle a about in the taskbar/notification/customize but can't get them to show.

A:Internet icon and audio icon?

Hello Tommy,

Check to see if you are able to set the "Network" and "Volume" system icons to show (checked) as per the tutorial below.
Notification Icons - Customize

If they are grayed out, then see if you may be able to enable them using the tutorial below.

Notification Area - System Icons

If still not, then please post a screenshot showing the settings for this to see if it may reveal what the issue is.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300270-internet-icon-audio-icon.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,
My Internet is not working so I got myself a Internet stick, but I am not able to use it. It shows limited Internet and the ip 169.xxx
I have tried the following things:
1.ipconfig /renew and /release, they don't work because it's not possible to do the command.
2. Reset winsock (doesn't find winsock)
3 reset.log- doesn't work.
4. Changing to a fix ip in the properties.
5. Reinstalling the modem.
6. No firewalls and antivirus

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

A:Limited Internet with 169.xxx

Hi Nmurgel, and welcome to TSG

Nmurgel said:

I got myself a Internet stick, but I am not able to use it. It shows limited Internet and the ip 169.xxxClick to expand...

Are you talking about some kind of 4G LTE USB Modem? If so, did you also get a service plan through a wireless provider? They would be the ones to supply you with any needed drivers and documentation to get it to work with your computer.

IPv4 addresses are typically four numbers, separated by periods. Do you mean your computer is giving itself an IP address of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx?

What operating system are you running on your computer?

EDIT: Exactly what do you mean that you can not do the ipconfig /renew and /release commands? If you are running MS-Windows, they should be executable from a DOS/Command screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-with-169-xxx.1128754/
Relevancy 43.86%

Well first off I m not sure if this should go in the Internet section or in the game section It involves me trying to play a game over the internet and it won t work so I just went with this one But Limited Internet anyways I have Limited Internet fine internet connection I can browse anything without problem However for some reason whenever I attempt to play Online poker on both quot UltimateBet quot and on quot FullTilt quot it doesn t work THe problem with quot UltimateBet quot is that I can logg in and play Limited Internet however it will run incredible slow and it didn t use to do this quot FullTilt quot on the other hand won t even connect It will say connected to the server Waiting for the site to reply Then it will just say quot Unable to connect Please Try Again quot My roommate at one time was messing with this and did something and for the last or so days both sites were working flawlessly However last night I unplugged my comp from the ethernet connection and today when I plugged it back up I have the same problem I used to have I m not sure what it could be I went to my Firewall and made sure both programs were allowed but other than that I don t know what else to do Could I possible have ports closed that are blocking them Do I need to contact my internet provider and pay them to come get it working or what ANy help is appreciated I m running Windows Vista if that has any sort of bearing on the matter Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi when I try and use the internet alot of websites wont load and when run internet limited .exe's and some cant I use google it doesnt look right but when I click the links sends me to a abcjump com website or a site like that It also stops a few exe's running the gmer exe being one of them Attatch file UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date System Uptime hours ago Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N-MX SE Plus Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AM mhz Disk Partitions A is Removable C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is cant run some .exe's and limited internet CDROM F is CDROM G is CDROM H is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points No restore point in system Installed Programs Torrent oD Ad-Aware Adobe Anchor Service CS Adobe Asset Services CS Adobe Bridge CS Adobe Bridge Start Meeting Adobe Camera Raw Adobe CMaps Adobe Color cant run some .exe's and limited internet - Photoshop Specific Adobe Color Common Settings Adobe Color EU Extra Settings Adobe Color JA Extra Settings Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium Adobe Default Language CS Adobe Device Central CS Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit Adobe Extension Manager CS Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Flash Video Encoder Adobe Fonts All Adobe Help Viewer CS Adobe Illustrator CS Adobe InDesign CS Adobe Linguistics CS Adobe MotionPicture Color Files Adobe PDF Library Files Adobe Photoshop CS Adobe Reader Adobe Setup Adobe SING CS Adobe Stock Photos CS Adobe Type Support Adobe Update Manager CS Adobe Version Cue CS Client Adobe WAS CS Adobe WinSoft Linguistics Plugin Adobe XMP Panels CS AHV content for Acrobat and Flash Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update AutoUpdate AviSynth Bonjour CCleaner remove only Command amp Conquer Red Alert DivX Codec DivX Converter DivX Player DivX Web Player EA Download Manager Fallout FileZilla Client Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer KB HotKey Driver ImgBurn iTunes Java TM Update Last fm MagicDisc McAfee SecurityCenter Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack Microsoft NET Framework Microsoft Compression Client Pack for Windows XP Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs Microsoft Kernel-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack Microsoft Visual C Redistributable MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB MSXML Parser KB Nero Ultra Edition neroxml NVIDIA Drivers NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager O Broadband Assistant OpenOffice org Opera PDF Settings PeerGuardian QuickTime Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows Media Player KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Sony Ericsson PC Suite SPORE Spybot - Search amp Destroy Update Service Videora iPod Converter WebFldrs XP Windows Communication Foundation Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool KB Windows Internet Explorer Windows Live installer Windows Live Messenger Windows Live Sign-in Assistant Windows Media Format runtime Windows Media Player Windows Presentation Foundation Windows Workflow Foundation Windows XP Service Pack WinRAR archiver XML Paper Specification Shared Components Pack YouTube Downloader App Event Viewer Messages error Service Control Manager - Timeout milliseconds waiting for a transaction response from the NVSvc service error atapi - The device Device Ide IdePort did not respond w... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cant-run-some-exes-and-limited-internet-322719.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i am having trouble going on many websites on my vista laptop at home. i have connected my laptop direct via a wire from the router and i have tried connecting via the wireless router and i am unable to access many websites. the only way in which i can access all sites is by connecting directly to the modem. our xp laptops are able to get fully working internet via the wireless and so is my iphone. i have tried many times to get the internet to work fully but have not been able to. help me please....

A:Limited internet

hi harj, check this out: Internet Troubleshooting Guide - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/241356-limited-internet.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a gateway laptop and my internet goes limited all the time so i just go and turn off the router then turn it back on and today this happened again but after i restarted the router it still said the internet was limited but it was not limited on any other computer so i am here to ask you guys for some help!!!

things i have tried doing

turning off the router for about 10 minutes and then turning it back on.
turning off the computer for about an hour
turning the router on and off
i trouble shot it and it said this"problems found" ----- "there might be a problem with your driver for the ethernet adapter" ----- "there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter"
So if anyone can help me you would be a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-please-help-me.1155918/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone,
There is a strange problem I am facing for quite a long time. Whenever I get connected to the internet using a dialup connection, the connection icon which used to come in the taskbar doesn't come. Also when I connect usb devices there is no device connection icon in the taskbar. The strange thing is that when I go to control panel and load "sound and audio device" and tick "place the volume icon in the taskbar", both internet connection icon and usb devices icon appear in the taskbar. Whenever I reboot the system, the volume icon disappears again, needing to re-tick the "place the volume icon in the taskbar" in the "sound and audio device". This is really annoying me. Kindly help me.

A:strange connection between volume icon and internet connection icon and usb devices

If you are having problems with your task bar, like icons not being show there when applications are running or minimized, take a look this web page and the repair program it offers. Might be worth trying.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-connection-between-volume-icon-and-internet-connection-icon-and-usb-devices-85695.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi there Please accept my apologies if this is not the correct forum to post this question Im having problems with my internet firstly it took seconds to load this page this is nothing new secondly i cannot seem to access some sites this is an example http www animationgold com animation htm i can get into the site but when i click access Limited internet on the pumpkin on the left this is whats displayed in a new tab Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at www apmebf com The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy Try again in a few moments If you are unable to load any pages check your computer s network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web My os is Windows XP sp Browser firefox or IE Anti virus AVG free Firewall Zone Alarm pro Anti spyware Stopzilla I would really appreciate any help nbsp

A:Limited internet access

Check the speed of ur service provider if you can. And then post ur speed plz. Plz specify ur IP Configuration as well and the network architecture too to solve it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-access.643387/
Relevancy 43%

Help please Using Wifi connection it always says quot limited access quot I did ipconfig all and this is what it says Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ma-PC Primary Dns Suffix Limited internet access to Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address Limited access to internet C - - - -DE- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Limited access to internet Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address C - - - -DE- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a cf f Prefe rred Temporary IPv Address a dd f a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cf f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday April AM Lease Expires Thursday April PM Default Gateway fe f ff feec a DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F CC- D - A- Limited access to internet F- F C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C F E - - A -B AA- B CDA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F A - FD- F- ABE-FBBB B C BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Alright I'm having a weird issue with my friends computer The internet went out last week and she was on the phone with the ISP for a good hours troubleshooting and the ISP finally determining that she 'probably needs a new computer' good service Basic troubleshooting steps like rebooting router modem disabling the Internet Limited Connectivity LAN re-enabling blah blah blah I work at a computer repair shop so she asked me to help One of Limited Internet Connectivity the first things I tried was the Resort to Last Known Good Configuration at the boot menu Didn't help The computer has the same issue at my place and my work I have tried uninstalling and installing the network driver multiple times and still the same problem can't connect to the internet Going into safe mode I notice I can get a connection Limited Internet Connectivity for about a minute before it shuts down and says unidentified network Initially I was thinking maybe a virus spyware so I run multiple programs such as malwarebytes spybot super antispyware tdsskiller which all found minor spyware and a few trojans that I removed Problem still persisted Even ran ComboFix still nothing I ran a few commands for resetting the TCP IP stack flushing the dns still nothing I noticed that sometimes I could see the gateway with ipconfig and other times I would just get a address I installed a new NIC card into her motherboard and at first the motherboard wouldn't even recognize it there I tried installing the driver for it and still didn't work I then wanted to try a test to see if maybe it really was a virus or something to do with the system services I installed Windows onto a different HDD after I got to the desktop I saw that I still did not have an internet connection even after installing the network drivers and the new NIC card I installed still wasn't showing up in device manager I then think the motherboard is hooped Last resort I pulled out the battery on the motherboard for mins and reinserted I booted back up the old HDD for vista and now it see's the new NIC card and I got an internet connection I was ecstatic gave it back Now after a week later I get a message from my friend saying the internet doesn't work again does anyone else have any ideas before I say it's time for a new computer Sorry for the long post and thanks to anyone who can help

A:Limited Internet Connectivity

Hello Mike and welcome to Vista Forums!

In my experience both Vista and 7 do not like to have their network/internet connection changed around. Not mobile at all. They both become alarmed and assume the worst and block all connection to prevent some "Unknown Connection" from compromising the computer and simply will not listen when you tell the "computer" it is OK! That said, the usual culprit is the Anti-virus software or Firewall. An easy check is to turn them both off (temporarily) and see if connection is restored.

If that doesn't do it, you do the steps you described in flushing and resetting in hopes of convincing Vista it is OK to connect and use the internet. I seem to recall an update for Vista to help this problem ... you should try googling that.

Here is the best MS has to offer: Chapter 16 – Troubleshooting TCP/IP

Hope this has been of some help? I recall the frustration I felt spending hours setting up a client's computer at my place and taking it to their place and not being able to connect the computer to their service provider. ARGH!

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297035-limited-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi No To Internet Connection Limited all I was using my computer as usual today I got an advertisement to upgrade my AVG to Free Limited To No Internet Connection edition I did so and to finish the process I was required to restart my computer I did so and as soon as I got back on I couldn t connect to the internet The bottom right hand corner had a pop up that said Limited to no internet connection I didn t think much of it at first since it happens once in a while and all I would have to do is turn off the router and restart it and all would be well Well I did that and nothing happened the same problem persisted I would like to know if any of you have a solution for this problem Any help would be appreciated I have a feeling it has to do with bad files and the like My computer was having problems recently but none of them had barred me from using the internet

A:Limited To No Internet Connection

What brand of router are you using? Wired or Wireless?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/155586/limited-to-no-internet-connection/
Relevancy 43%

Hello I connection Limited Internet ve been experiencing this weird problem for a few months and been too lazy to find a way to fix it only Counter-Strike mIRC and Dropbox can use my Internet connection Anything Limited Internet connection else including the Steam shop and the built-in browser in CS always gives me an address not found Limited Internet connection error The same thing had happened about ten months ago as well but by changing the usb port of my wireless card I got it to work again I ve tried every ipconfig command and sometimes all I get from renew is an error telling me that some file s name is too long Even when it works nothing gets changed So yeah it looks like some sort of port or firewall problem but it isn t All other devices iMac iPhone PSP etc connect properly and McAfee can t access the Internet My last guess is some virus that s why I came here I m really lost on this one please help me out F Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http shell windows com fileassoc xml redir asp Ext pdf R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Hosts www google-analytics com O - Hosts ads msn com O - Hosts dehp myspace com O - Hosts demr myspace com O - Hosts desk myspace com O - Hosts delb myspace com O - Hosts delb myspace com O - Hosts debr myspace com O - Hosts rad msn com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E F - D- B- - CB F - no file O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO no name - B - - B E-B - C EB B - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO no name - AF F-F D- EC -A - EFB CD - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files M... Read more

Relevancy 43%

Help!!
Hi, i just got my laptop back from it being repaired.
I tried going on the internet and all i get is 'limited access'
What can i do to fix it?

A:Internet Limited Access

Closing duplicate.

Please do not start more than one thread for the same issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-limited-access.1038049/
Relevancy 43%

I used the FSS to get my computer info i will post it here can anyone help me get my internet back to working order Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by bernadette administrator on - - at Running from quot E quot Microsoft Windows Starter Service Pack internet limited connection X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service limited internet connection is OK The limited internet connection ServiceDll of limited internet connection Dhcp service is OK afd Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open afd registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open afd registry key The service key does not exist Connection Status Localhost is accessible There is no connection to network Google IP is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv service is OK BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of BITS service is OK The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit ATTENTION gt C Windows system Drivers afd sys FILE IS MISSING AND SHOULD BE RESTORED C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system es dll gt MD is legit C Windows system cryptsvc dll gt MD is legit C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C W... Read more

A:limited internet connection

Firewall is disabled and Ancillary Function Driver Is missing. It provides access to the rest of the network stack for apps and many components of the OS. Without it, browsers and mail clients wont work. I am not allowed to help with virus stuff here so hopefully one of them will be here soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454884/limited-internet-connection/
Relevancy 43%

When i am connected to wifi my connection will randomly go limited. This only happens on WPA and WPA2 secured network. I host my minecraft server and with this problem I can no longer do that. Please help!

A:Internet goes limited at random

It helps to know what the manufacturer & model of the router is. Same with the computer. Post the output of "ipconfig /all" and "netsh wlan show all" from a Command Window.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51035-internet-goes-limited-random.html
Relevancy 43%

My partner has a laptop running Windows 7. A recent Windows update has resulted in no internet connection. Properties of the router show that IP/4 and IP/6 are not connected. How do I resolve this - I am presuming that this is the reason why the wireless internet is not connecting.

Relevancy 43%

Like the title says after I updated my laptop the wifi keeps goint to limited. My phone and xbox are connected to my wifi and it works fine. Everytime it goes to limited I restart my computer and it works again. This happens pretty often and I have almost lost important work I was doing online. I know it's not my wireless router because like I said my phone and xbox don't have any problems. My girlfriend has the same brand of laptop and she's going through the exact same problem. Also every time this happens I try to open my network and sharing center but it won't load. So I can't even try to disconnect and reconnect to the wifi. Also my internet browsers stop responding when this happens. It's definetly an issue with this model. Here is my laptop informationProduct name:HP 15 Notebook PCProduct number:J9H11UA#ABASerial number:5CD4503G9R

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-HP-15-Notebook-PC-s-internet-keeps-getting-limited-after/td-p/5758650
Relevancy 43%

My Toshiba Libretto U100 wireless all sudden came up with a Limited or no connectivity error. Signal strength shows excellent. tried updating the driver, it didnt help.

A:Internet Limited or no connectivity

This can be caused by quite a few things. Some steps that might help you troubleshoot are:
1) Can you use a wired connection? If not, you might have a damaged TCP/IP stack
2) Assuming you're on a connection that uses DHCP (and you're running 2000/XP/Vista), have you tried renewing your DHCP lease? (Start->Run->cmd->ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew)?

I'd try checking the wired connection first. If you've lost your TCP/IP stack, #2 won't be worth a flip to try.

If you have a damaged TCP/IP stack, refer to Microsoft's KB article to repair your Winsock.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-limited-or-no-connectivity.615785/
Relevancy 43%

I hope somebody can help me with this problem

anyways I have a Sony Vaio vgn-nr498d it runs on windows xp. just recently my computer wont connect to the internet. I just restarted my computer and then when it restarted I have this problem. All the other computers in my house work except for my computer. I tried resetting my moden and everything but it still wont work. So if anyone can help me i would greatlly appreciate this.

A:Help!!! Limited connectivity on internet

edited by mod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-limited-connectivity-on-internet.971030/
Relevancy 43%

When I try to connect to my home wifi network it works on 3 different laptops but on my main PC it says limited access. I have comcast and in my area there is a xfinitywifi hotspot and when I connect to that its just fine so it works with all networks except mine and if it does connect its super slow. Everything was working just fine like 5 minutes ago then I lost internet on all computers and then every thing else got the internet back except my PC.

A:Internet limited on only one computer

Are you using a modem, or a eMTA that Comcast provided to you? What is the manufacturer & model of the unit you are using to connect via Comcast Coax at home.

There is one particular Gateway that Comcast uses, that tends to croak after a while.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68030-internet-limited-only-one-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

Last week, my Internet was running very slow and disconnected often. I decided it was time to run some Anti-Virus programs and I ran RKill along with MalwareBytes and Super Anti Spyware scans. Now, my computer connects but under "Limited Access" and the internet does not work at all.

HP Touchsmart 600
Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)

I ran Mini-Toolbox, Wireless application, and TSG Sysinfo and will attach the results. Is there any other info necessary?

Thanks for your help,
Kael

A:Limited Access Internet - Please Help!

you are getting 169.254.8.3 as an Ip address, it means that you are not getting internet at all. Check you router and see if all the cords are plugged in. Also check your TCP/IPv4 setting under wireless connection settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-internet-please-help.1103700/
Relevancy 43%

Have XP Home; AOL 9.0; Time Warner connection; Linksys router. PC with AOL 9.0 on router has limited connectivity. What can be done?

Thanks.

A:Limited or No Connectivity to the Internet

Quote:

Originally Posted by amjama

Have XP Home; AOL 9.0; Time Warner connection; Linksys router. PC with AOL 9.0 on router has limited connectivity. What can be done?

Thanks.

G'Day amjama, Welcome to TSF!

If you have your Internet Connection Icon in the System Tray (at the bottom Right near the clock); Right Click on it > Status > Support > Repair.

In the event that you do not have the Icon in the system tray; then, try this...

Go Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Network Connections; then, follow the steps above.

Once you have tried this post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-or-no-connectivity-to-the-internet-168433.html
Relevancy 43%

I got hit by some malware that I supposedly cleaned out ran avast malwarebytes and superantispyware but I get a firewall error in my browsers and whenever trying to update any software Here are my logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x SecCopy SecCopy exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x VueSoft VueMinder VueMinder exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Pidgin pidgin exe C IDrive IDriveETray exe C IDrive IDriveEBackground exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C n p nz exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink connectivity Limited internet LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Limited internet connectivity Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system userinit exe C Users slip AppData Roaming appconf exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run bvodv exe quot C Users slip AppData Local Temp bvodv exe quot O - HKCU Run IDriveE Startup quot C IDrive IDrvieEStartup exe quot Hide O - HKCU Run Second Copy quot C Program Files x SecCopy SecCopy exe quot O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run PeerBlock C Program Files PeerBlock peerblock exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users slip AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run VueMinder quot C Program Files x VueSoft VueMinder VueMinder exe quot O - HKCU Run yWfbNK control exe quot C Program Files x DxT Gdb yWfbNK cpl quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run eMuleAutoStart C Program Files x eMule emule exe -AutoStart O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Startup IDrive Tray lnk C IDrive IDriveEReg ini exe O - Startup pidgin lnk C Program Files x Pidgin pidgin ex... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-connectivity.984140/
Relevancy 43%

I am using a Dell Laptop and every time I try to connect to the internet it says I have limited access. It works fine with my Ipad, so I know the connection isn't the problem. I have checked for updates and tried installing and uninstalling the adapters.

A:Limited Access to Internet

Quote: Originally Posted by jansari77

I am using a Dell Laptop and every time I try to connect to the internet it says I have limited access. It works fine with my Ipad, so I know the connection isn't the problem. I have checked for updates and tried installing and uninstalling the adapters.

Any chance we can get your system specs and network setup so we know what hardware we are dealing with?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182535-limited-access-internet.html
Relevancy 43%

My computer running Windows 8.1 randomly decided to give limited internet access. The internet works fine (just a little slower sadly) however I can't access the network. I have a static IP and all of a sudden it just started being limited. Is there any solutions.

A:Limited Internet Access

Router is the first item to look at.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63989-limited-internet-access.html
Relevancy 43%

i started to notice this kind of problem on my laptop has connected to wireless signal with good strength but i cant browse the internet due to the limited connectivity internet access As i send my laptop to the nearest cyber limited connectivity internet cafe to find it solution the answer i get is need to format limited internet connectivity my laptop Was it really need to be format just because of that Am using window vista home premium as a student i really need help on this someone said that i need to change the connection mode to auto but how LAN System -Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig Guid d dd- - - -d be d d de EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x -TimeCreated SystemTime - - limited internet connectivity T Z EventRecordID Correlation-Execution ProcessID ThreadID ChannelMicrosoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig OperationalComputerhasxo-PC -EventData InterfaceGuid D A A D- B - -ABE - CBB B InterfaceDescriptionIntel R PRO Wireless ABG Network ConnectionConnectionModeManual connection with a profileProfileNameCC MelatiSSIDCC MelatiBSSTypeInfrastructureBSSID B BE PHYType gAuthenticationAlgorithmOpenCipherAlgorithmWEPOnexEnabled ConnectionId x another problem is when i started my laptop this morning i saw unusual screen display error msg Log Name System Source b nd x Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords Classic User N A Computer hasxo-PC Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected what is all this someone please tell me what to do and do i really need to format my laptop Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http limited internet connectivity schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot b nd x quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt hasxo-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device NDMP lt Data gt lt Data gt Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet lt Data gt lt Binary gt lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-connectivity.747965/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I am trying to get internet connection with My girlfriends laptop and it only says limited access whether it is wired or wireless. She owns a sony vaio with windows 7. My laptop works fine and everything seems to match up between our settings. On the Sony it is not connecting to IPV4 or IPV6 dont know how to fix the problem. Tried everything can someone Help?

A:Limited Access to internet

You will need to transfer the logs via cd because if there is an infection it can spread via thumb drive but not a blank cd/dvd

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue. Right Click and run as admin for these tools.
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-access-to-internet.1057253/
Relevancy 43%

Hey, i know this has been posted before, but solutions have been unsuccesful, i did updates last night and now have lost my internet on windows 7, wifi and ethernet, ive tried multiple thins to re enable internet, disable onjour, uninstall adobe software, system restore, change IP, ipconfig release renew, nothing works, i have to manyfiles to backup and reinstall windows, but i want to fix it, i love windows 7 and its s shame its done this, any fix's please?

Relevancy 43%

Hi

We have netgear router and 3 laptops which were all working on the internet fine but one laptop has had a full recovery done on it and now won't connect it just says there is limited connectivity, any idea what it could be as the net is still working through ethernet and the other laptops through wireless. oh yer its windows vista

thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hey guys!
I installed Seven Professional last night and installed the drives for my WiFi card.
It works, can connect to my wireless network, but it says there is limited connectivity, its not the router, because my laptop is connected through the same network and has internet connectivity.
This ones really got me, I followed what it said to solve the problem, but nothing..

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Daniel

A:Limited internet connectivity...

Hello smurfyy,

Does the laptop have Windows 7 installed on it? How far is the problem machine from the router and how many walls are you going through?

Did you designate the security,encryption type or connection type "b g n" in the machines settings using the manual wireless connection set up in Windows 7?

Can you post an ipconfig /all screen shot from the problem machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119672-limited-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 43%

My wife s laptop is running the Windows operating system Up until a few days ago she has had no issues with connecting to the internet It finds our internet and connects but Connectivity Limited Internet keeps saying quot limited internet connectivity quot I am not the most computer savy but I have looked up and tried a couple things Downloaded Malware Malbytes and checked for virus it cleaned the computer but issue not resolved Upated the wireless card driver but issue not resolved Ran a diagnostic and it says that Limited Internet Connectivity my Gateway IP Ping failed Tried flushing and renewing through command prompt and it Limited Internet Connectivity won t renew because media disconnected Ran ipconfig and here is what I have Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Hamen-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address - F-FA- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c eb d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address - F-FA- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A -C - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A B C C- - - E-ED F A D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - B- A - B- C A FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F - E - EEA- BC -CFC A CC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi All,
I have a desktop PC connected via ethernet to a router / modem which is the hub of our home network.
Other PC's and devices connected wirelessly to the network have no problems with connecting to the internet. However, the desktop PC appears to be connected to the internet, but connection seems to be extremely limited and slow or non exixtant. The PC is a HP Pentium 4 running XP SP3. I have tried changing ethernet cables and switching ports in the router and switching off firewall with no success.
Could someone pease give me some guidance as to how to troubleshoot this problem?

thanks

A:Limited Internet Connectivity

What download speed are you supposed to be getting? What do you get with Speedtest.net?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-connectivity.1116306/
Relevancy 43%

My daughter has a laptop connected to our wireless broadband from Virgin and was working fine for last 6 months then overnight it changed to limited access and will not let her on internet. When we try to diagnose problem it says problem with network adapter driver. We cannot update driver as no acces to internet. Shee needs this working for going back to university next week so can anyone help us.

A:Limited access to internet

Just a point. If you've no access to the internet, how have you posted this thread?

You haven't told us the exact model of the laptop, so you'll need to choose from this link: HP G62-100 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

Download the wireless adapter driver and save it to a USB flash drive, which you can then connect to your daughter's laptop and install the driver from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186285-limited-access-internet.html
Relevancy 43%

HiA few days ago my computer got infected, corrupting my anti-virus or anti-malware applications, making my computer startup slowly and making my internet connection unstable (redirects my searches)Luckily I was able remove the malware in the end, but the next day I couldn't connect to the internet at all, even though my other computer could.I've tried Winsockfix, typing commands into 'cmd', using regedit and replugging the hardware.Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

A:Virus causes limited or no internet

Hello, For the connection try these...Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.Now check if the internet is working again.ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.If needed : type these one line at a time, press enter after each line. See if it works after each.netsh interface ipv4 reset netsh interface ipv6 reset ipconfig /flushdns Please run this to be sure it's gone.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.lease download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (2.6.11.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424202/virus-causes-limited-or-no-internet/
Relevancy 43%

A few months ago I installed Norton Antivirus. Immediately after I started using it I started having issues. I would try to open programs, usualy Firefox, and it won't open. Sometimes absolutely nothing would open and i would only be left to switch off the computer and restart. My subscription expired to Norton so I took the opportunity to switch to another antivirus. I switched to AVG and immediately after doing so absolutely nothing was capable of connecting to the internet, except for IE. I completely uninstalled and removed AVG. Problem remains. I've also disabled the Windows Firewall and still IE is the only program able to connect to the internet. I cannot find anything that is preventing these programs from connecting.

A:Internet Connection limited

Hi DashMordecai. I had a similar problem some months ago: after uninstalling Norton Antivirus, I had no internet connection. To solve this, run a fix restore point. Then download Norton Removal Tool and run the aplication to uninstall your norton antivirus.
Here is the link -> ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/133302-internet-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 43%

I am having a similar issue thus last week, no or limited internet access which I think is due to driver issues. Mine is a hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc, don't know where to find model number. I have had the blue screen flashed once or twice and the laptop freezes when I'm.working in word or on the net due to driver that requires updating. I've tried to download when I was connected and it did nothing. I'm running win7, 64-bit os. So, what do I need to do to get my laptop working again?Also, I've been told by ex-computer geek friends that security/ updates for office 2003/2007/2010 and security update and update for win7 fir x64 base systems are not necessary. Is this true??I'm totally clueless in this field.Much appreciatedJulz

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Re-limited-access-to-the-internet/td-p/5660989
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys

My laptop has been playing up the last few days, whenever I try to connect to the net with it, it comes up with "Access: Local only" or "Limited connectivity".

Have tried carrying out system restore and deleting all cookies/temporary internet files but no joy. What can I do to fix it??

The system I'm running is Windows Vista on an Acer Aspire 5735 with Pentium Dual-Core CPU. System type is 32-bit Operating System.

All help appreciated before I throw the laptop out the bloody window!!

Cheers

Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys I'm having a look at my brother in laws computer which is windows and I am coming up with a doozy of an issue for someone of my level So he was unable to run Fifa and discovered that you need windows media player to run it When using the add windows features it kept coming up with error x F which is NET I tried to disable and enable but access Limited internet not NET Limited internet access but not and while it disabled fine it would not enable It appears that no microsoft service Limited internet access but not can get access to the microsoft servers The ethernet is limited however the internet browser is working fine and with Windows I would have just downloaded the software and installed in manually but it appears Windows does not like people doing anything the old fashioned way and I am unable to find any of the software plus it would not solve the issue probably He had recently installed panda internet security after AVG stopped working and would not install After having both AVG and panda installed he could then remove AVG although the original issue was never looked into Not having any experience with Panda I swapped it for Avast which I normally run and did some sweeps including a startup sweep and quarantined trz tmp N Cert dll - NMsvc N Service dll - NMsvc N service dll - NMsvc Still trying to find out what NMsvc is however this has not solved the issue that windows thinks there is limited ethernet all problem solving troubleshoot problems do not detect any issues and chrome is working fine browsing the internet The store does not work either so I believe it is just the microsoft servers that cannot be contacted Any ideas greatly received DS

A:Limited internet access but not

N1service64.dll - NMsvc

Network Manager Suite is a software program developed by Guardian Technologies. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The setup package generally installs about 20 files and is usually about 6.79 MB (7,114,966 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. Most users that have installed this software come from the United States.

so it looks like something was installed that uses that guardian software

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43822-limited-internet-access-but-not.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I appreciate what you're doing here and Internet Limited help! please access, hopefully you can help me I now can only access certain internet pages if at all Sometimes I even have to restart the computer just to view a page however some won't show at all They mainly consist of Limited Internet access, please help! a few forum sites that I frequent that I can no longer access but thankfully this is not one of them atleast for now I use AVG Spybot S amp D Ad-Aware and Limited Internet access, please help! ewido but can never get rid of it permanently Spybot picks up the virus quot ZLOB DNS changer Limited Internet access, please help! quot which would you think be the cause Anyway here's my HJ log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Documents and Settings Sam Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www tiscali co uk broadband O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Global Startup VIA RAID TOOL lnk C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE... Read more

Relevancy 43%

Hello all nbsp So here is the problem I tried to upgrade access the limited internet to to windows all was going well the computer restarted a time or two and it displayed a big complete on the screen It reached and at the bottem of the screen a small installed files The computer froze like that for an hour I tried to press a couple of keys of the key board nothing happend so I turned the computer off When it restarted it reverted back to the old version of the limited access to the internet OS all was working just fine except the internet nbsp It says I have limited access tried the repair says the drivers are messed up used my laptop to download the drivers and an external to transfer them nothing used the computers own restore program to try and get the driver back nothing I dont want to do a full refresh just yet since it will take some time to back up all the files on the computer nbsp Anyone have any other sugestions nbsp Thanks nbsp John

A:limited access to the internet

Freefall1369, welcome to the forum. I couldn't find the model that you listed.  Is it a 610-1030f?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/limited-access-to-the-internet/td-p/5550791
Relevancy 43%

I spent hours working on a HP Pavilion with Vista x64 bit edition.

The client complained they the "lost" internet connectivity. They had a working connection to the internet, outlook was able to send and recive all emails. I could also ping any and all working websites through the cmd prompt.

I tried every fix possible, other browsers, checked all proxy settings, scanned for viruses, etc.

It is obviously something blocking out browser(s) connection to the internet.

Any idea what I should try next?

Zach

A:Limited Internet (Vista)

If no one has an answer, would you know where I could go to find some kind of tool to reset ALL internet options? I'm desperate here.

Thanks,

Zach

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limited-internet-vista-460144.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello I ve had this problem some time now and done alot internet Limited access of research but nothing seems to be the solution for me When i connect to my wireless network it takes longer to Limited internet access connect and Limited internet access then i get a message saying quot This computer has for the moment limited acces to the wireless network quot Then i click troubleshoot and it restarts the wireless network adapter Then the results say that i dont have valid ip-configuration ipconfig all results Windows IP-konfigurasjon Hostname Jostein-PC Prim r DNS-suffiks Nodetype Mixed IP-routing activated No WINS Proxy activated No Tr dl st LAN-kort Tr dl s nettverkstilkobling Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse NETGEAR WNDA v N Wireless Dual Ban d USB Adapter Physical adress C- -DE-EC- -D DHCP activated Ja auto konfiguration activated Ja loacll IPv -adresse fe c ab e c Foretrukket Automatisk IPv -adressekonfig Foretrukket Nettverksmaske Standard gateway DHCPv -IAID DHCPv klient-DUID - - - - - - D- C- - - - A-F - DNS-servere fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Aktivert Ethernet-kort Lokal tilkobling Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Fysisk adresse - - - A-F - DHCP aktivert Ja Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort isatap F EBA - B - -AB -DF F FFD AF Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort isatap BDF A -CB - -AE -B BA Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja Tunnelkort isatap A AF -B F - AB-A A -F B B Medietilstand Medium frakoblet Tilkoblingsspesifikt DNS-suffiks Beskrivelse Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysisk adresse - - - - - - -E DHCP aktivert Nei Automatisk konfigurasjon aktivert Ja I have tried releasing and renewing and when i try to renew ip heres what it says Unable to contact dhcp server Please i need urgent help In regards Jossor nbsp

A:Limited internet access

try
------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):​
For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-internet-access.1103569/
Relevancy 43%

I have all of the sudden gotten this response when I try to hook up wireless. When I hit repair it states something about no refreshing ip address. I thought it might be wireless router but I went to brothers house and I had the same problem. I even put a brand new G Card in the slot. Do I need to get the inside of the laptop looked at? Could this be some type of software program? Is there some type of fix for this?

A:limited/ no internet connectivity

Well, we really need to know the make/model of the router you're connecting to, as well as the wireless card you're using. Do you have encryption enabled on the router? What is the version/patch level of Windows in use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-no-internet-connectivity.554839/
Relevancy 43%

Windows 8.1 2013Microsoft Corporation All right reserved Processor:AMD A4-5000APU with Redeon(TM) HD Graphice 1.50 GHz (RAM) 4.00 GB (3.45GB Usable)  64-bit O S X64-based processor  Please Help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-get-on-internet-Limited-Access/td-p/5629238
Relevancy 43%

I have two laptops, one running Vista the other Windows 7. Whenever I restart the one using Vista I have to restart my wireless modem because I can only get limited internet access. This doesn't happen with my laptop running win 7.

It seems vista is defaulting to public access, is there anyway to change this so I don't have to keep changing the settings or restarting the modem?

A:Limited internet connection

Are you getting the message "Limited or No Connectivity". Please explain a little more what you mean by limited connectivity. What happens which makes you believe that there is limited connectivity?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limited-internet-connection-571899.html
Relevancy 43%

Help I all of a sudden cannot gain access to the internet even though my laptop is connected to the router I have another laptop connectivity to Limited or no internet which connects to internet through this router with no issues When I go to internet explorer it comes up internet explorer cannot display the webpage When I diagnose the connection problems the problem persists The diagnostic log comes up with the following Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock Limited or no connectivity to internet status info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip TCP IP could not perform simple loopback communication Error error Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip UDP IP could not perform simple loopback communication Error error Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider could not perform simple loopback communication Error error Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider could Limited or no connectivity to internet not perform simple loopback communication Error error A connectivity problem exists with an installed LSP action Automated repair Reset WinSock catalog action Successfully executed netsh winsock reset catalog info System restart required Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Intel reg PRO Wireless BG Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Connection Device Net Adapter MediaType LAN SubMediaType info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user for selection action User input required Select network connection info Wireless connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection Any ideas anyone Thanks Robert

A:Limited or no connectivity to internet

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436822/limited-or-no-connectivity-to-internet/