Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

Q: Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

I need to add an email account to Outlook 2002 for a user. When I try to do so I'm told I cannot do so from within Outlook and I must create the new account by accessing the "Mail" icon in control panel. The problem is there is no mail icon in the control panel. I'm not certain if this is a result of a security policy or if there's something else I'm missing. The OS is Win2K SP3, fully patched and up to date. I tried uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling under the users profile but the issue persists. I would imagine there must be some way I can delete the current Outlook profile via the registry. If anyone can shed some light on how I might resolve this issue I'd be greatful. Thx.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2002 Email Account Issue

You can launch the executable file from Explorer. I can't remember it's exact name, but it's something akin to MLCFG.EXE. Do a search and see if you can find it....

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-account-issue.133579/
Relevancy 85.57%

I am having an issue when trying to receive email in outlook 2002. I only get the email when I am in the calender view. If I am in my inbox it will not come through until I go to the calender and then it magically pops up. I have tried everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Issue with receiving email: Outlook 2002

Hi rpi

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Have you tried the Detect and Repair option in the Help menu?

Have you tried creating a new Profile?
With Outlook closed:
Control Panel > Main Icon > Show Profiles > Add

Set up a new Personal Folder (.pst) with your email account and restart Outlook with the new Profile to see if you can duplicate the problem.

If the problem goes away, open the original .pst file into the new Profile.
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to the .pst file, usually in the C:\Windows directory.

See if the problem returns, if it does, copy all the folders from the original Personal Folders (.pst) into the new Personal Folders (.pst), then Right click on the original Personal Folders and select Close to remove it from the new Profile.

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-receiving-email-outlook-2002.367115/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have had to reinstall pc due to it going at a crawl!!

After installing Outlook 2002, I can not get Outlook to auto fill the email address field when I start to type an email address in it.

The address book is there and in tacked after copying the outlook.pst file back to its original location after install.

How do I get Outlook to autofill?

Also when I click the 'TO' button in the new email window, it says that there is no address book!
but when I click the address book icon in the main Outlook window there are email address there?!

Any ideas how I can get this to work correctly again.

A:reinstalled pc, now create email in Outlook 2002 does not auto fill email address like before

When you did the re-install, did you erase/format the hard drive before the re-install? If you did and did not save the Outlook auto fill file, then the all the auto fills you had are gone. Did you import the pst file into outlook?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311040/reinstalled-pc-now-create-email-in-outlook-2002-does-not-auto-fill-email-address-like-before/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have two email accounts set up in Outlook on my computer at home. My account works fine but my wife's doesn't. I have sent her several emails from work but they either show up in my inbox or don't show up at all. However, if I send her something from the computer at home whether from my Outlook account or from my hotmail account she receives those OK.

When I go into "Email Accounts" and choose her account and run the test, it says the account is working correctly. Does anyone know what might be wrong with her account?

Thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi

I would just like to import one account to Outlook 2002. Can you help me?

Everything I seem to do adds hotmail, but cannot add the folders.

A:Import one account to Outlook 2002

Hi trickywoo

I have moved your post to its own thread.
Did you originally have Hotmail setup in Outlook Express?
Is this a free or paid Hotmail account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-one-account-to-outlook-2002.434629/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have 3 accounts set up in Outlook 2002, let's call them A, B and C. Account A is the default and uses my current ISP's settings. I can send and receive via this account. Accounts B and C were set up under old ISP's and I can receive emails through these accounts, but cannot send via them. Under the "Send/Receive Group" option in Outlook, account A is set to send and receive, but B and C are set only to receive email. When I click on the "Send/Receive" button in Outlook, account A performs a send/receive, accounts B and C perform a receive, but then account C tries to perform a send, which fails as I no longer subscribe to the ISP associated with account C. How do I stop account C from attempting a send?

A:Outlook 2002 sends from wrong account

Hi ms340

In Outlook 2002:
Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups > Edit

Select Account C in the left hand side of the window.
Uncheck: Send Mail Items
Click: OK, Close to save and close.

Try a Send/Receive to see if it performs how you want it.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-sends-from-wrong-account.586510/
Relevancy 69.66%

A friend has six basic POP Outlook email account on his XP. He deleted an account via the standard Tools, and Account removal process. The account no longer appears on his Accounts list. But when Outlook is launched the standard pop up window still continually appearing showing the name of the deleted account and the ?Please type user name and password? prompt. Am going demented trying to find out where the hidden profile details are so that I can delete them also for him. Any help greatly appreciated.
(He will then hopefully stop hassling me and I can collect the 3 beers he promised me if I sort it).
Richard

A:Outlook 2002 - mail account undeletable!

Go to Control Panel. Double-click the Mail icon.On the General tab, uncheck Always use this profile under the When starting Outlook use this profile option.Click okgood luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467122/outlook-2002-mail-account-undeletable/
Relevancy 69.66%

how do you let a limited account user use outlook for their e-mail account(hotmail) plz post directions

Relevancy 69.66%

I have Outlook 2002. I want to oversee two email accounts.
However, I want the Inboxes (emails) of these accounts separated.
Each time and every way I try to setup these two accounts, the associated
emails get placed interleaved in the same Inbox.
Some other email softwares allow the separation of the multiple accounts in the left-hand column, each with its own Inbox, Sent, Folders, etc.
Is this too much to ask of Outlook 2002, or am I doing something wrong - or failing to do
something else in the account setup?
Anyone else experience this problem?

Relevancy 68.8%

I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro and then installed Office XP Pro as well. When I configured email in Outlook 2002, it fails when I try to send a test message. Says the server was found, but does not respond. IPS is Direcway satillite system. Had used Outlook 2000 previous to new install, and worked great. Also set up email in Outlook Express on this machine using the same settings (username, password, incoming and outgoing servers) and it works fine. I have tried with the XP firewall disabled and enabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-in-outlook-2002.129265/
Relevancy 67.94%

When I create an email in Outlook 2002 and click on the "send" button it places the email in the "outbox" folder where I have to click "send" again. When you click "send" in Outlook Express the message is sent. Why does Outlook require two steps. Can't find anything in the help menu.

A:How Do I Send Email In Outlook 2002

Check this:
Open Outlook, click on Tools> Options> Mail Setup tab, under Send/Receive section, check the box:
Send immediately when connected then Apply and OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-send-email-in-outlook-2002.481216/
Relevancy 67.94%

I created a MS Outlook (2002) form email template..It is saved as an oft. file type. I plan on making it available to users that I support as a support ticket that they fill out and submit to me. I need the users to be able to open this form and have the ability to add attachments. When I view that form as if I were a user the Insert/Item is greyed out.
Does anyone know how to make my headache go away?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-templates-oft.722492/
Relevancy 67.08%

After adding my e-mail to outlook, it won't open after entering password. I tried uninstall-reinstall, restarting computer, and swearing. Nothing worked. I'm using window 7. Located pst files but there are so many I don't know which to delete to start over. I have a copy of the files on my Blackberry. Any suggestions?

Thanks Jon

A:Outlook 2002 won't open after email installation

Outlook 2002 is not compatible with Windows 7.
It needs Outlook 2003 or later, but preferrably Outlook 2007 or later.
You can still use your existing PST files with newer Outlook versions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-wont-open-after-email-installation.985727/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Windows XP sp Outlook SP Word SP Now here is what happened i had Outlook installed and i was able to use word as my email editor Then i had to install outlook so that i could syncronize my quot IPAQ quot hand held now when i send email messages i word does not open Now i have gone into tools options Mailformat to change the message format to Outlook 2002 editor-word & email use word as the email editor AND here is the problem I am not able to select these boxes as they are greyed out i am able to select the quot compose in this message format quot I am also not allowed to change the stationary but i can change the fonts i do have a signature I followed the help procedure Turn Word on or off as your e-mail editor or viewer Do one of the following Turn Word on or off as your default e-mail editor for all new messages From the main Outlook window click the Tools menu click Options and then click the Mail Format tab Select or clear the Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box Turn Word on as your e-mail editor for one new message But as noted above i was not able to do that secondly i tried the following On the Actions menu point to New Mail Message Using and then click Microsoft Word message format i tried this but i got the following error message MICROSOFT OUTLOOK quot Can t create the item quot please advise what could be wrong here Officework nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-email-editor-word.324067/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, everyone.
I need to do a clean reinstall of my OS.

Anyway, before I FDISK everything out of existence, I need to back up all my crucial information, which mainly ends up being our email folders, email rules, and our half dozen or so email account configurations.

Can anyone help me with simple step-by-step instructions for backing up email folders, rules, and account info (SMTP server info, passwords, etc.) for Outlook 2002 (not Outlook express - everything online seems only to pertain to Outlook Express) on Windows XP?

In the past, I have tried just copying my .pst file to a cdrom, but that didn't backup our rules wizard rules or our email account configurations.

If I am leaving out any critical info, please let me know. Your help is appreciated!

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a cable connection and leave my PC on most of the time. I've noticed that in the last few days my OL2002 isn't checking for email every 5 minutes as it's set up to do. I've verified that nothing has changed in the settings.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 67.08%

I use Outlook 2003 from Office XP Suite (OUTLOOK, NOT OUTLOOK EXPRESS.)

I recently reinstalled Windows XP...long, long story...In a nutshell, I had XP home, tried to do a repair install, didn't work, wound up having to install XP Pro instead. This, of course, wiped out my applications, but data files were preserved. However, I seem to have lost al my email messages...I have most backed up, but not the most recent; over the last few months, from April to the present.

Is it possible that those messages are still somewhere on the machine, hiding? How can I search for them?

Relevancy 67.08%

I installed a trial version from MicroSoft of Office 2003. I did not like the interface as well as Office XP2002, which I have at work. So, I uninstalled 2003 and bought 2002 and installed it. The problem is, the email won't work. I get a "The operation failed" when I click Send and Receive. I can't just send an email either. I have a POP account through yahoo that worked fine in 2003. When I set up everything in the email, I run the little test thing that's in there and it sends and email to the server just fine. If I open Outlook Express, I can get it fine. I tried creating another profile and nothing. help!

A:Outlook 2003 to 2002 email problmes

Anybody? Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-to-2002-email-problmes.328322/
Relevancy 67.08%

Well, this is rather annoying...

How do you edit an email address that you already have stored in your personal address book in Outlook 2002 (Office XP)? Seems a little different than previous versions. I go to Tools>Address Book (or just click the icon), double-click the address I want to change and it's greyed out - can't edit it.

Relevancy 66.65%

I've just started using Outlook 2002 and I'm runnning into two things that are bugging me...

1. I can't find a way to set it up so that my email is automatically retrieved like I could in Outlook 98. Have they removed this feature? I used to have OL98 set up to get email every 5 minutes so that if someone was trying to get in touch with me I wouldn't have to think about doing it manually.

2. Even though I've got one accounts set up as "Save this password...", it either doesn't get saved as it should or it has the wrong password in it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2002 --> Automatic Email Retrieval & Passwords

For your 1st question try under Tools, Options. Click on the Mail Setup tab. The second item on this tab is entitled "Send/Recieve" Click on the "Send/Receive" button and you can set up how often you want Outlook to check for mail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-automatic-email-retrieval-passwords.198801/
Relevancy 66.65%

For no apparant reason, emails received via POP3 service (everyone.net) started arriving with subject lines and NO text at all in the body of the mails. Weird or what. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 66.65%

I hope someone can help recover the email address capability on my wife’s system with Outlook 2002 and keep my wife happy . I think I blew away a file of some type. I still have all the contacts (with emails addresses) but when I go to send an email and I click on the “To or CC” so I can select an email name there is nothing there. When I try to add an email manually it will not take it although it puts it in the contact database. I tried to do “detect and repair” and I also did a reinstall but I keep getting an error code about an Access DB missing. Reloading from a the backup file also does results in the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-wifes-outlook-2002-email-list.246586/
Relevancy 65.79%

Dear all,

I sent a meeting request to 6 members of my team via MS Outlook 2002.

I received an out-of-office reply from someone who i hadn't even mailed to!

A colleague advised me that this is because someone i've invited has delegates set up with write access to their calendar.

The question is, how do we stop these invites being received by the 3rd party (i.e. the delegate) as they don't need to see these, but want to retain write-access?

Thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

I recently got a new PC from dell that came loaded with Vista Home Basic. I have a previous version of Office XP that I loaded on and everything works fine except Outlook. When I set up my email accounts (I have done a million times before) I type in all of my user information and email address and password as well as the servers. I also check to have my password saved. Once completed, everything works perfect.

The issue occurs when I shut down outlook and re-open it. When a send/receive takes place, I get an annoying Network Password pop-up that shows me the server name as well as my user ID and a blank password. Ill enter the password and it will fail my send receive. When I go into my account settings in outlook, it doesn't show my password that I saved in the initial setup as saved.

Please help!

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a user who has a problem I have not come across before. When she opens Outlook and an e-mail she can hit reply and it will work fine. If she closes that and opens another e-mail or the same one and hits reply she gets what looks like a screen shot of Outlook and the e-mail in the space where her reply space should be. It is a real mess. If she then clicks on View and Normal, it looks fine, but this is a hassle to go through all the time. It also seems like this happens mostly with e-mails that have stationary. Any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replying-issue-in-outlook-2002.388875/
Relevancy 65.79%

whenever an all day event or appointment is scheduled on the network calendar the dates and times keep changing, usually adding an extra day or two. I have checked the regional settings on all the cpus and the server as well as checked the time zones in the tool/options/calendar/time zone on all the cpu. If anyone has any other ideas the help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-calendar-issue.120116/
Relevancy 64.93%

We have initiated standard signature and stationary at work. One person has complained that after setting up the stationary/signature they have an attachment automatically created when replying to emails that were received with an attachment. The automatically created attachment seems to be a link to their temp folder. No one else complains about this (yet) and I'm sure it's a setting somewhere, but I can't find any information about it.
Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2002.

Thanks so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2002-reply-to-email-with-attachment-creates-tempfold-attach.22466/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I am hoping someone on here can help with a problem I am having with connecting with Microsft Local 2002 Network Outlook Issue to Outlook via a local network It s not an easy problem to explain but I ll do my best Until I changed the main computer recently all was working fine even though the desktop call it no ran Windows XP and the laptop no ran Windows The Outlook program ran on no and access Local Network Issue with Microsft Outlook 2002 was available on no by using Local Network Issue with Microsft Outlook 2002 the Outlook Properties box on no to tell the program to start in the right place on no This was handy as we could access virtually everything downstairs on the laptop including e-mails leaving the desktop in the loft to act as server and to manage printers and other peripherals I have now changed the desktop no and the new one also runs on Windows I have managed to load most of my old programs successfully including Office XP and networked them with the no using the compatibility tool as necessary the one program that I can t get to work on the network is Outlook It runs OK on no so I simply changed the instruction in the Outlook Properties box of no to give it the new start point on no and fondly believed all was well Wrong Essentially it is networking Outlook on no that is giving the problem but only since changing the no computer When I try to start Outlook on no I always get an error message that says it can t open the default folders but then refers to the wrong Start in path i e the one to the old desktop which is no longer part of the network Essentially Outlook works fine with Windows but the laptop installation ignores the instruction in the Properties box defaulting to the earlier instruction and is trying to access a non-existent computer I have searched all over the place trying to find out why it refuses to change the path and tried all sorts of ruses to make it work including uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook but all to no avail Any help would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Tom nbsp

A:Local Network Issue with Microsft Outlook 2002

i think outlook 2002 has issues on windows 7 and has issues remembering passwords , perhaps this is another compatibility issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-network-issue-with-microsft-outlook-2002.1033972/
Relevancy 64.5%

I originally posted this earlier in what I now believe was probably the wrong forum category so my apologies to TG for having to repost here Feel free to delete it from the Web amp Email forum 2000-2002: Sensitivity Issue Outlook Contacts if anyone has the power to do so Thanks My company is using Outlook 2000-2002: Contacts Sensitivity Issue a program that allows us to view each others contacts calendars etc not Exchange After having issues with not being able to see ALL of each others contacts we came to find out that it was due to the fact that many of the contacts sensitivity were set to quot private quot Because there are literally thousands of contacts between all of the computers that need to be changed to quot normal quot is there any way possible that this can be done all in one shot on each computer individually of course instead of manually doing it for each quot private quot contact I really don t have the time patience or inclination to sit here and do it one-by-one I appreciate my sanity Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-2002-contacts-sensitivity-issue.704801/
Relevancy 64.5%

Talking about this thread Outlook Vista Issue http Addendum Outlook thread: to Issue 2002/Vista forums techguy org business-applications -outlook- -vista-issue html Specifically I wanted to highlight these Addendum to thread: Outlook 2002/Vista Issue posts in that CLOSED wish it wasn t thread post - autoit script idea post - remember password checkbox post - idea for mintotray Responses Post - GENIUS I love macros Post - This isn t necessary as actually you can check the box yourself time and it will remain checked even though the password doesn t stay saved This is how it worked on my machine at least Post - Love it I implemented this along with my simplified script which is what I mainly wanted to share with the forum My idea Stand alone exe file Presumptions That you have set your Send Receive interval time to or more minutes Mine s on That you have at least email account to check Below example is just for email account That you checked the checkbox manually for it to remember the password in the Email Accounts Settings window Not the quot Enter Network Password quot window My AutoIt Script Start OutLook Run quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE quot recycle check library path of your OutLook WinWaitActive quot Inbox - Microsoft Outlook quot send quot ALT tan TAB ENTER TAB PasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot Finished Explanation It is IMPERATIVE that the quot send quot line be entered exactly as it is with no additional spaces What I m doing is setting a wait for the Outlook XP program to start because on my computer it tries to utilize the macro on other foreground windows in other programs before Outlook starts if I don t put in the wait for it Then I send a stream of keystrokes that uses navigates the Outlook menu system to set the password BEFORE the Send Recieve tries to check for mail It just so happens that the timing works better this way because if I enter the password in the quot Enter Network Password quot dialog that pops up the program already tries to check mail once with no credentials causing an error window The successive email check works doing it the quot Enter Network Password quot popup way mentioned in the above cited thread but I d rather set the password in the quot Email Accounts quot window before I m ever prompted with the quot Enter Network Password quot dialog to avoid the st erroneous Send Receive Lastly for security purposes I compiled the short AutoIt script to an exe file Its an AutoIt option tools menu compile so it could stand alone from needing AutoIt to run it To further secure things I uninstalled AutoIt cause if I ever got hacked I wouldn t want someone to see I had that installed and try to make use of all the scripts somehow Inside the compiled exe file its all encrypted in the compile I believe and its at least quot somewhat quot harder to get to than just having a bold face text script running in the background Not many people use exe decompilers and there are few that work to take apart a exe last time I checked so that encrypts the password a lil bit I then created a shortcut to the stand alone exe file for mail startup and Changed the Icon it showed to that of Outlook s using the Outlook exe file for the icon source WA-LA Q What if I have more than email account in Outlook XP A Lets assume you have email accounts Here s how the script would easily be modified AutoIt Script for email accounts - Option Start OutLook Run quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE quot recycle check library path of your OutLook WinWaitActive quot Inbox - Microsoft Outlook quot st Email Account send quot ALT tan TAB ENTER TAB stPasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot nd Email Account send quot ALT tan DOWN TAB ENTER TAB ndPasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot rd Email Account send quot ALT tan DOWN DOWN TAB ENTER TAB rdPasswordHere TAB ENTER ENTER quot Finished -------------------------------------------------------------- or this way ---------------------------------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/addendum-to-thread-outlook-2002-vista-issue.760868/
Relevancy 64.5%

Running Outlook 2002 on XP Home w/ SP2 Office SP3. Installed Office on new laptop. When I hit send for a new message, the mail goes to Outbox. It is sent fine when I hit Send/Receive. Have tested E-Mail account settings and have checked Send Immediately box in Options. On the maching I was using before, all settings are exactly the same and it would send the messages directly without having to Send/Receive. What have I missed? THX

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I would like to know how I delete a outlook email account because it has been compromised

A:Microsoft Outlook email account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, select Security & Privacy:

Select More security settings:

If prompted for password, enter it. Browse to bottom of the page, select Close my account:

Be sure to read everything on next page before clicking Next:

Follow the rest of on-screen instructions to close your account.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69247-microsoft-outlook-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.92%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am a neewbie I have a systemax venture Windows XP Home Edition SP I used to have Verizon as my DSL service provided I cancelled Verizon and am now using a router that runs off of my husband s Verizon account When I open Outlook and its trying to opend send receive expired account email looking Outlook for I get the followig message Task my inbox com - Receiving reported error x CCC F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues Outlook looking for expired email account contact your server administrator or Outlook looking for expired email account Internet service provider ISP When I try to send an email from Outlook or a Publication from Microsoft Publisher I get the following message Task my inbox com - Sending reported error x CCC Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responded Server access forbidden by your IP Visit http cbl abuseat org lookup cgi ip ' I went to Inbox help section and set up Inbox on pop for a while everything was okay after a week I get the message I listed above I am starting a small home business and I would like to continue sending Microsoft Publisher documents by email I need help badly remember I m a newbie and I may not get it the first time nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a new HP Pavilion preloaded with 8.1. I loaded Office 2013 and set up the email account. All worked well until two days ago when I realized I could not send any emails only receive. I removed the account and reinstalled the account - things only got worse. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem. Somewhere there is a file that is has wrong information stored about the account and how to communicate with the provider but I do not know where that is, can someone help with this issue?

A:Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Close Outlook out completely and navigate to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (Where %username% is your username on that computer)

Delete the .pst file that is in that folder. Next time you open outlook it will have you create another profile with your email account.

Im guessing that your outlook profile is corrupt. If it is this should help resolve the issue you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/70390-outlook-email-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I inadvertently deleted my email account from outlook, and now I am unable to re-add it. I actually have both outlook 2010 and 2016 installed, but up until I deleted my email I was able to use both. Now I can't use either of them under my main email address.
I have a pop3 account with stml, from comcast. I have tried numerous times to re-add it, both in the regular way and manually to no avail. I get the error message that my requested process failed. My account is still in the pst. data section, as well as on my computer.

Help,
Tina

A:Unable to re-add my email account to outlook

Only one version of Outlook will work on your computer. This always opts for the latest version, so you need to uninstall Outlook 2010 & only use Outlook 2016.

Your .pst files should work, but you may need to point Outlook 2016 where to find those files & this can be done through Files in Outlook & then through Account settings.

Unless you have a specific need to have 2 versions of Office on your computer, you might consider uninstalling office 2010 & only using Office 2016. Only having one version works best & has less problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/398104-unable-re-add-my-email-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I run a small business from home and use outlook for emails. I want my wife who uses another PC to have access to the same emails through outlook but on her PC, is it possible? I answer questions whilst she handles payments / orders which all come through this one email account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee1133

Relevancy 61.92%

I had a bad virus infection thanks to the Antivirus XP virus but have since been able to clear after Malware Issue account load email Cannot it from my system The only issue I m still having is getting my email account Hotmail to load this was set as my homepage I have tried everything but all it does is flash the web address in the lower corner of the page and do nothing Cannot load email account after Malware Issue When I used Mozilla FF to access my email it did let me in but did not allow me to open any of my mail Can someone plz help me I will post a HJT log just in case it helps thanks so much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Cannot load email account after Malware Issue WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Progra... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-load-email-account-after-malware-issue.904236/
Relevancy 61.92%
Relevancy 61.49%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all. I just installed Outlook 2010 and created 3 email accounts, 2 from Hotmail and the other from my ISP (cablevision). It seems that my folders from Hotmail came over but not those from my ISP. Should they have? Also, how do I import my contact into Outlook? I certainly don't want to re-enter them again. Thanks. Alan

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All Well I finally was able to get my Office to install and work and now I have come to another Hurdle First let me tell you that this version of office is the Enterprise Edition of Office It was given to me with my companies permission to install on my home PC as I do a lot of work from home the reason I tell you Up Prob Outlook in 07 Account Setting Email this is because I am not sure if the Ent Edition is diferent in Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07 any Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07 way So my new problem is that when I try to set up my email accounts in Outlook I go into Tools Account Settings then New under the email tab I then get an quot Auto Account Setup quot Page with a quot Manually configure server settings quot Checkbox option at the bottom So When I try to use Auto setup and input my email account settings it fails to create the account so then when I check the box to manually configure and hit next it opens a quot Choose E-mail Service quot page that has options with radiel buttons The first being quot Internet Email quot pop imap etc the second is quot Microsoft Exchange quot and the third is quot Other quot My problem is the only option it will let me choose is Microsoft Exchange and the other two are Greyed Out and unselectable BTW I am currently using Windows Live Mail for my default email client in case this has any bearing on my problem Thanks in advance for your help Mike

A:Setting Up Email Account Prob in Outlook 07

I found this but I don't have the registry keys listed and I am using Enterprise Edition also. Maybe the keys only show up if the customized config file is used. Worth a shot.

Outlook 2007 – Internet email option greyed out

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/60866-setting-up-email-account-prob-outlook-07-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have two emails set up in outlook 2010.

I want to make a rule that any email sent from email B gets put into email B's sent folder. believe it or not this is not how it is set up by default.

In creating the rule these are the steps that leave me at a dead end:

Home Tab
Rules
manage rules & alerts
new rule...
Start from a blank rule: Apply rule on messages I send
NEXT
step one: check off 'through the specified account'
step two: click blue highlighted word 'specified' to bring up options
Account: A is the only option
Any help is appreciated.

A:Creating an Outlook Rule for second email account

Assuming they are pop3 accounts, I'm 99% sure you'll only have the option to use one sent items folder. You can create a sub-folder within "Sent Items" for "Account B" and save a copy there.
If you can use IMAP instead, I'm pretty sure you can specify a separate folder without it also being duplicated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-an-outlook-rule-for-second-email-account.1120595/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have several email addresses (accounts) and have always been able to change the name of the account whenever I want (via account properties) - not the display name for the "from" line, but what I name the account. But now, if I try to change it, it won't keep the changes and reverts back to the name it was before. I've only recently gone to WinXP SP2, and am wondering if it's something to do with SP2? Would anyone know how I can fix this please?TIA(PS - I'm fairly experienced in OE ).

A:Outlook Express - Can't Change Email Account Name

I thought I'd try deleting and recreating one of the accounts as a test, and it naturally worked. However, if I then try to change the account name again (as a test), it's the same problem as before. Therefore, something somewhere must corrupt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70273/outlook-express-cant-change-email-account-name/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I have an unusual problem.

I need to change my email account within Outlook but when I go to 'Account Settings' there are no accounts there, and so nothing to change.

What could be causing this, how do I access my account and how do I rectify it??

Many thanks!

A:Outlook 2010 - invisible email account

Are you sure that your email is coming in through Outlook?

Post a screen shot of the Account Settings pane!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-invisible-email-account.1126333/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I try to open my wife's email using Outlook 7 we get a message that says cannot open our default email folder: File access is denied. You do not have the permission to access the file c:/users/myname/appData/microsoft/outlook/outlook.pst. Comcast is my internet provider and the mail account is setup through them. Please Help!

A:Can not open secondary email account using Outlook 7

Hi,

First do you have separate log-on's?

It sounds as thought the file is not there or you are trying to import it?

Have you used Outlook to set up the account in your log-on or are you importing the file?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285479-can-not-open-secondary-email-account-using-outlook-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all, I was wondering if possible is their a way to have emails that are sent to a Outlook account be forwarded to a yahoo or gmail account. I've tried using the out of office assistant but doesn't seem to work. Is there another way in the server settings or Outlook settings? Or is it just not possible.

Our company is using exchange server 2003 w/Outlook 2007

A:Forwarding Outlook emails to another email account

on your outlook go to Tools-->Rules and Alerts-->New Rules-->Check messages when they arrive-->select Through the specified account or Sender is in specified address book or people/distribution list-->select forward it to....next-->next-->Finish.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455446/forwarding-outlook-emails-to-another-email-account/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 61.49%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 61.49%

Is there a way to copy email account settings?

I want to set up outlook to be able to send mail from the same account for several people by copying a file or a GP on server 2003. 

A:Copy outlook email account settings

I don't have Outlook configured on this machine, but I seem to recall that there is a way to export account settings and importing them again on Outlook on another machine.

Depending on what verison(s) of Outlook you're using, and what e-mail server you're trying to connect to, you may only need to have the correct userid and password and it might be easier just to create the account fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597058/copy-outlook-email-account-settings/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have two users sharing one email account from two computers and different versions of MS Office Oultook.

One uses MS Office XP Outlook and the other uses MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook.

Just a day ago some emails arrived in the inbox of the PC with MS Office XP Outlook and did not show in the PC with MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook, wonder why, it has been okay since the day it was setup.

Can anyone help me here?

many thanks in advance.

Abie

A:Shared MS Outlook Email Account Problem

closing duplicate, respond at http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/766736-shared-ms-outlook-email-account.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-ms-outlook-email-account-problem.766730/
Relevancy 61.49%

Under Win 7, I have Outlook 2010 installed with 3 email accounts. When I open Outlook it searches each account for new messages. I would like it to search only one of them.

Is there anyway I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2010 search for email in just one account

I believe you can achieve this by using 'Send/Receive' Groups:
Why use Send/Receive groups? - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/163150-outlook-2010-search-email-just-one-account.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I am able to send email through Outlook.When I click Test Account Settings ,all going ok. There is a test mail in my Gmail account.

Unfortunately I am not able to receive mail in my inbox of Outlook. When I click Send/Receive then the message come ?You don?t have appropriate permission to Perform this operation?.

Manish

A:RECEIVING EMAIL IN OUTLOOK THU GMAIL ACCOUNT

Try runing Outlook as an administrator. Which is odd. Are you logged in as an administrator or in a standard (limited) account?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/receiving-email-in-outlook-thu-gmail-account-606450.html
Relevancy 61.49%

A particular user on Exchange server 2003 gets this error when sending external email:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient.
server name.domain.local #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1
[email protected] unknown.

Have compared the settings to a working one, and all look OK. We also tried recreating the user profile and email address but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

A:Outlook account not sending external email

As you got the error back from the server, there is nothing wrong with the client or Outlook. It is probably some setting on the server side, blocking this specific computer, user or recipient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-account-not-sending-external-email.90720/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have two users sharing one email account from two computers and different versions of MS Office Oultook.

One uses MS Office XP Outlook and the other uses MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook.

Just a day ago some emails arrived in the inbox of the PC with MS Office XP Outlook and did not show in the PC with MS Office 2003 Pro Outlook, wonder why, it has been okay since the day it was setup.

Can anyone help me here?

many thanks in advance.

Abie

A:MS Outlook shared email account problem

closing duplicate, respond at http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/766736-shared-ms-outlook-email-account.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-shared-email-account-problem.766728/
Relevancy 61.49%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I had an aol and a hotmail email account on Outlook. About two weeks ago the aol account stopped working in Outlook. When I would open the aol account there would be no update and in the bottom right of the Outlook screen, there was an indication that I wasn't connected. This would disappear as soon as I I opened the hotmail account, which was fully functional. My aol account in AOL works fine. The only problem is trying to use it in Outlook. My OS is Windows 7. I already tried deleting the aol account and then adding it as a new account, which goes through without a glitch. However, then the aol account does not appear as an option under the Mail heading in Outlook. If I go to Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Email Accounts in Outlook, the aol account appears there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-add-aol-email-account-to-outlook-2007.971643/
Relevancy 61.49%

A few days ago I went to Outlook Com and established an email account Now I want to delete that account and remove an delete email to Outlook.com account Unable all things associated with Outlook com but still retain my Microsoft Account It might come in handy for getting Apps and other things from the Microsoft Store I tried to remove the Outlook com email account using the instruction I found in How To Close amp Delete Outlook com Account I was unable to do so When I got to the Close Microsoft Account section and pressed OK it reminded me I needed to Unable to delete an Outlook.com email account close any paid services associated with my Microsoft Account I've no such services Pressing OK again took me to the Account Summary page There I could find no way to close the Outlook com email account just another Close Account that took me back to the previous step I must have missed something somewhere Will someone please help me get rid of Outlook com Thank you very much

A:Unable to delete an Outlook.com email account

When you close your Microsoft account, you delete your account information, including your ID and password, your registered information, and your contacts. After you delete an account, you can't use that Microsoft account anymore to sign in to Microsoft products and services.
To close your account
Go to the Microsoft account overview webpage, and then sign in with your Microsoft account. Click Close account. Verify that the correct Microsoft account appears, type your password, and then click Next.Click deactivate your Hotmail account.Click Close account.
Be sure you are the admin.

To close only your Outlook.com or Hotmail account

Your Outlook.com or Hotmail account will become inactive if you don't sign in for more than 270 days or within the first 10 days after signing up for your account. After an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted, and incoming messages are sent back to the sender as undeliverable. If you want to close your account right away:

Visit the close account webpage. Follow the instructions, and then click Close account to close your account.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/25318-unable-delete-outlook-com-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I set up my yahoo email in outlook, but it keeps messaging me that it is not up to date.I guess MS Exchange is not accepting?Please help. Thanks! 

A:Need help setting up Outlook email for Yahoo account

Hi, Windows 10 and Outlook are products from Microsoft. Which Outlook version are you using ? For Mail app under Windows 10, please try the following setup:      https://www.yahoo.com/tech/set-mail-calendar-apps-windows-234600691.html Hope this helps. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Need-help-setting-up-Outlook-email-for-Yahoo-account/td-p/5694670
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok, I've spent way too much time trying to figure this out on my own.  I need help - and a 12-step program won't cut it.  Here's the story as concisely as I can explain it:

I use Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) for bookkeeping.  I need to be able to email invoices from Sage.  Sage tells me I need a MAPI compatible email program.  So I created an Outlook account cuz Outlook's like the Queen of MAPI stuff.  I have sent about 9000 test emails from the accounting program and not one of 'em has ended up in my Rogers.com email account.  Don't know where the emails went cuz neither Sage nor Rogers is talking.  Can somebody please tell me how the high holy hell I get this accomplished?

A:Set default for an Outlook email account in Windows 8

I believe You need to have Outlook installed.
When You say I created an Outlook account do You mean within Outlook or do you mean outlook.com the online email service?

Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490356/set-default-for-an-outlook-email-account-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 61.49%

We are running Outlook in XP SP Home Edition My wife and I each have our own user name etc We have POP email accounts Hers Mine and Ours Outlook email for account downloads wrong with different usernames and passwords all Outlook downloads email for wrong account with the same ISP Comcast net I have set up her Outlook account to receive Hers and Ours with instructions to leave a copy of Our messages on the server for days Of course I have set up mine to download Mine and Ours leaving Ours on the server days That way theoretically I ll see all my email and our email she ll see all our email and her email unless one or the other of us doesn Outlook downloads email for wrong account t get on for days highly unlikely hours maybe Mine works fine But she Outlook downloads email for wrong account keeps getting stuff like the CERT reports stuff from The Tech Guy reviews from ZD Net and other stuff she doesn t want to wade through When she opens one at the top it is clearly addressed to me not her or us When she pulls down Tools and selects Email accounts Outlook shows her only two Hers and Ours Microsoft KB search reveals nothing ditto Comcast net Help search Any clues How come she can t stop getting mail for an account which is not listed in Outlook or even in Start Control Panel Mail Profiles Accounts Thanx for any suggestions al nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I'm running windows 8 on an intel i7 machine with 16gb ram.
I just installed outlook 2010 64bit and every time I add an email account Outlook crashes.
No error message - just says "Micrsoft Outlook has stopped working"
Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2010 crashes when setting up new email account

try this site it will show you how to repair outlook 2010

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/23292-outlook-2010-crashes-when-setting-up-new-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi - I am running Outlook on a Win Professional bit system I sending one account Outlook from 2010 email Problem have been running basically the same configuration successfully for over a year now with multiple email accounts Everything worked fine up until this morning when I was sending a series of emails with attachments Each email's attachments totalled up to mb and the grand total of all of the attachments was about mb Everything went smoothly up until my last email and it just sat in my outbox and wouldn't go anywhere I eventually sent it with a different account with a different ISP I have tried sending other emails on the same account some without attachments some with small attachments but it appears that the account is quot broken quot for sending email I can Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account still receive email on all accounts and send email from every other account I have double-checked the settings for the troublesome account and when I use the Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account Test Account Settings button everything appears to work fine as it successfully sends the test message I found a reference to a built-in limit for Outlook attachments of mb and ran the Microsoft fixit which removes that limit but it had no effect One curious thing is that when I hit the send button which places the email in my Outbox the email does not have the italicized font which indicates an unsent message as was always the case up until now Any hints would be most appreciated - Many thanks

A:Outlook 2010 Problem sending email from one account

I had a look at the Outlook add-ins that were active and disabled the iCloud and iTunes add-ins. Everything seems to be working at this point.

There was an iTunes update a day or so ago. During the installation Apple does not even mention that they will be messing with your Outlook installation.

Once again Apple screws up Windows applications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255850-outlook-2010-problem-sending-email-one-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

WinXP Home SP3 with Office XP
Outlook is hanging with a number of messages. (Various).
ie Cannot complete the operation...
The issue appears to be that Outlook has exceeded it's 2GB limit so I'm trying to recover (trying various things) and create a new mail profile.
I'm using the Inbox repair tool and MS's 2gb truncation tool.

Anyone know how to save the (existing) email profile (Email account settings and passwords) so I can transfer it to a new profile. Later versions appear to have a Mail - export function but not these earilier programs.
I'm unable to get hold of the User and or their ISP until tomorrow, but I'd like to get it resolved today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-outlook-looking-to-transfer-email-account-password.794332/
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently I tried to add a Gmail e-mail account, to my application Outlook on Windows Mobile 10, but always comes a page saying that my browser is no longer supported, not letting me do Log on credentials of google!
I asked friends to test but they also can not bump into the same error.
The Google no longer supports Windows Phone / Mobile?
What's up?

A:I can't add Google Account on Email Outlook app (Windows Mobile Only)

Try the following in order to add your Google account and have access to your Gmail:
- Go to 'Settings/Accounts/Email & app accounts' and select 'Add an account'>Google in order to authenticate yourself.
- Then, return to 'Settings/Accounts/Email & app accounts' and select your Google account and then select 'Manage.'
- Select 'Change mailbox sync settings' (you may have to wait a couple minutes before this option is available).
- You can choose the content syncing frequency and optionally turn off email, calendar or contacts synchronization as well.
Hope it helps... Enjoy your W10M!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434169-i-cant-add-google-account-email-outlook-app-windows-mobile-only.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,

I was curious if anybody knew this. I could not find it anywhere and had never heard of it. Is there a way to temporarily disable an email account? Like a pause button. So if I 'pause' a specific account (I have approx. 6 email accounts in my Outlook, mostly POP3 & Exchange), when I hit Send/Receive it will not be included, but if I 'unpause' it shall be included. Is there a feature like this?

If this is possible I'd like to implement this in a family members of mine computer. So it must be 'stupid proof' if it is.

Thanks!

A:Solved: Outlook: temporarily disable an email account?

Using Office XP.

I have know sorted all my accounts into 1 but If I remember right...

Tools
Send/Receive Settings
Define Send/Receive Groups
Make Sure "All Accounts" is selected and click "Edit"
Select the account in the left hand column.
Untick "Include account in this send/receive group"

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-temporarily-disable-an-email-account.637085/
Relevancy 60.63%

Dear Friends I have problems setting up Outlook to use the appropriate email account and signature automatically when replying to messages I use email accounts and for each account I have created a distinct signature both for new and reply emails The problem is that when someone sends me an email to any of the accounts and I reply no matter what Outlook always uses the reply signature of the default email account It should use the reply signature corresponding to the account the email was sent to So far when replying to messages I always have to remember to manually switch the from account to match the account the sender used to send me the email Outlook is supposed to use the appropriate account when replying to messages So if someone sends an email to my business email account and even if that is not the default account Outlook should use the account and signature I have assigned to reply to messages for that specific account and not always use by default the reply account and signature appropriate account Outlook setting Problems use up 2010 the email to assigned to the default account Please help me resolve this issue so that I do not mistakenly reply Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account to someone using the wrong account For example I do not want to reply to family and friends with the account used for business If family and friends send emails to my personal email account Outlook should automatically use that account when replying and thus inserting the reply signature for my personal account Look forward to any guidance Sincerely Mario Crespi

A:Problems setting up Outlook 2010 to use the appropriate email account

Hello Mario,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Lets start with a few questions to eliminate the obvious. I assume you setup the signatures seperately for each account using this panel?

I found some additional information about signatures here: (browse down towards the bootom of the page)

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/signatures.htm

One suggestion I read, was that the signature it picks to use is related to the folder that you currently have highlighted. I'm not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you could experiment with that?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/153835-problems-setting-up-outlook-2010-use-appropriate-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 60.63%

Please can you help? I use windows 10 on both laptop and desktop Pc. I have a microsoft login account and use Outlook (paid subscription) software. I would like to know for peace of mind if my emails are stored in my microsoft account or on each device when I log in? My reasoning is I would like to download and export my emails to either and external HD device or cloud base situation. Can you tell me if my account is actually cloud based and therefore saved already or located in my user\app section in C:/ but I haven't found it in C:\user\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/66494-email-storage-windows-live-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,
I can't configure my outlook2010 account. I installed office2010 professional plus. However, I try to add internet e-mail account on outlook2010. it's not available to select internet e-mail. Do someone know how to fix?
Thank you for your reply in advance.

A:Urgent!!!Outlook 2010 email account problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

During the Office 2010 installation you have the option to choose whether to have everything installed to your computer, whether to install just some of the options, whether to install on first use or not install a particular option such as Outlook.

Can you remember which options you chose?

You can always reinsert your Office DVD and choose the repair option or uninstall it, and then re-install choosing all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/175348-urgent-outlook-2010-email-account-problem.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I used the following MS Knowledge Base article to create an autoreply message since we don t use MS Exchange Server in our office I don t have the Out of Office Assistant support microsoft com kbid hhmm seems I m not allowed to post active urls since I am new here the non-active link above works if you cut and paste it to your browser I ve never created an autoreply message before but I was pretty sure there was some way to do it so I tracked that down The only problem default) on mail (not in 2000 on Autoreply Outlook account came in email is that I only want to create this autoreply for a email account which is not the default email account In the template file I even specified to send the message using the account the email comes in on but it replies using the default mail account rather than the one Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) I want it to My Rule for this is Check mail Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) on arrival from this altername account Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft stop rule processing In reality part of this rule should be Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft and send via altername account Is there any way to set the reply to use the non-default account rather than the default one If not can anyone suggest an application which will do this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoreply-in-outlook-2000-on-email-account-mail-came-in-on-not-default.366288/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with changing the default internet email account in MS Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup. In the regular Outlook 2000, there is a button in the service box for set as default. However, this does not exist in my program. I am running two internet email accounts, and I would like the second one that I installed to be the default for sending messages. I know there must be a way to do this, but I just can't remember/ figure it out. Thanks!

Best,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-email-account-in-outlook-2000-corporate.284641/
Relevancy 60.2%

When multiple accounts are added on Outlook 2010 and you create a new email, autocomplete in the 'to' field shows suggestions from every account. Is it possible to only show suggestions relevant to the account the email is being sent from.

For example, if I had my personal account and a customer services account, when I go to send an email from my personal account, every email address who has ever communicated with the customer services account shows which is quite risky.

Thanks, Louise

A:Outlook 2010 only to show address book from one email account

Have you looked in the help section of outlook. The only thing i can suggest at the moment, is click the contacts in outlook,and then the little arrow next my contacts, there you will find yor email accounts with suggested contacts and contacts, see what happens when you try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/263937-outlook-2010-only-show-address-book-one-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.2%

How can I block user from adding email account such as hotmail, gmail or yahoo on MS Outlook?

A:How can I block user from adding email account on MS Outlook 2007?

vlanti, Are these users admins or limited uses? If they are limited, most likely they can not add email accounts.

But of course what good is outlook if you can't setup email?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/300272-how-can-i-block-user-adding-email-account-ms-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am using Outlook on W in my home office All my email accounts are POP My part-time - Outlook up set I Exchange disappeard email account 2010 when Rules work wanted me to use an email account on their Exchange server I used the email account setup in my Outlook to set it up successfully Outlook searched out the Exchange server and set up the account I closed Outlook and when I reopened it my Favorites were gone all POP accounts were shuffled in the left pane all my previous accounts now funneled all emails into one Inbox and all my Rules were gone When I tried to redo the Rules Outlook had changed so that the Rules now applied to ALL the Inboxes for all accounts and did not have the same rules dialog as I had been used to There was no way to recreate my rules or separate Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account out my POP accounts Now all my email is dumped into one Inbox and I have to manually sort out the messages Thinking that the Exchange account was to blame I deleted the Exchange account but to no avail I had to reconstruct my Favorites no big deal but there is still no way to redo the Rules and all my Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account mail still goes to the main Inbox Is there any way to get back to the way it was Thanks rebadurchee

A:Outlook 2010 - Rules disappeard when I set up Exchange email account

Bump. Anyone relate at all? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/317857-outlook-2010-rules-disappeard-when-i-set-up-exchange-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have 4 folders on the left hand side of outlook. 3 are email addresses and the other is a data file that was made when I exported my data files.

thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504835/how-do-i-combine-3-outlook-email-account-folders-into-one-inbox-deleted-etc/
Relevancy 60.2%

Funny thing, but when you choose a default account outlook is supposed to use that one as the default send account. So you compose a new mail and it should use that account as the from address. But it doesn't always work. Yes, i know u can CHOOSE any account by clicking on the "from" button and picking one from the drop down menu. But i don't want to have to keep doing that. I finally got it to work with a reg hack i found when googling the issue. Now when i compose new mail it uses account #1.

However, if someone sends me a email to my account #2, when i reply it uses account #2 to send from. Is there any way i can make outlook use account #1 for all email i send whether they are new emails or replies no matter what account hey were sent to?

A:Making outlook use default account to send whether new email or reply

did you figure this out yet?
Always reply with the same email address | MSOutlook.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330084-making-outlook-use-default-account-send-whether-new-email-reply.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer system crashed and had to have a full re-install performed on it, and as such i lost all settings in Outlook Express 6.0

I am attempting to get the following settings back but need help because i cannot figure out how to do it.

Where: Above the message list (in btwn Folder Name and Identity Name on
grayed title bar).
What: A list of email accounts that could be selected from to send email as
merely by double clicking on that email account. (scrolling list box)

How: ?????????? Help!! ??????????

I have racked my brains looking through every option I could find, as well as Googled and visited Microsoft to no avail! If anyone can help me please shoot me an email @ [email protected] Thanks so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-with-microsoft-outlook-express-6-0-email-account-listing-problem.19147/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I am using Microsoft Office Outlook outlook 2007 active from account How email send currently in express to Microsoft Window XP Professional service pack I am using outlook express as a monitoring tool which sends email at the scheduled time lets say every after hours Presently It is using only one account under one profile but the problem with the existing behavior is that if by any chance that primary email account get disconnected from the exchange server it will not be able to How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007 send the email So in order to overcome this problem i have created one more email account that belongs to different exchange server under the same existing profile what i How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007 m trying to achieve is if the primary email account is disconnected from the server at any time period The outlook should use the secondary email account to send out the emails how can i achieve this functionality Do we have any option in outlook to implement this please help I have been breaking my head like anything but could not find any useful results Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:How to send email from currently active account in outlook express 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-send-email-from-currently-active-account-in-outlook-express-2007.991186/
Relevancy 60.2%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 59.77%

WinXP PC running Office XP SP3. Sitting behind an Exchange 2003 Server and an Win 2000 SBS/ISA server.

Outlook 2002 issue - when recieving forwarded emails with file attachments of any type (in particular from <username>@bigpond.com), the forwarded email is recieved in <user> Exchange inbox with the attachment removed and the message body of the forwarded email ATTACHED to the email as the only attachment. (ie the original file attachment seems to get "dropped")

Other users on the same network using same version of office XP Pro that are CC'd the same email recieve both the forwarded message text and the original email attachment. They can double click on the attachment and see the forwarded message, then double click again to get to the original attachment.

Any ideas?...im running out of them...

A:Outlook 2002 "dropping" forwarded email attachments

The attachments can be .docs, pdf's, .xls...makes no difference. Outlook Security isnt blocking them as far as i can tell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-dropping-forwarded-email-attachments.278397/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

A:Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 59.34%

HEllo out there ,

I am experiencing issues with my Outlook accounts I have two attached a default one for my Microsoft account and a secondary one for my wife.

On my new pc with win 10 I cannot send , forward emails the message I get back is they have been placed in the drafts folder then that's it. I cannot do anything with them.

Interestingly I have the same win 10 on my old computer and they work fine I suspect that my new one has updated and caused the issue.

The only difference I can see is I have Office 2007 on the old pc and Use Libre office on the new one would Libre cause an issue with outlook ?

I have run sfc/scannow with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/56998-outlook-email-account-will-not-send-forward-moves-draft-messages.html