Windows Support Forum

Advanced Find in email for Outlook 2000

Q: Advanced Find in email for Outlook 2000

Any way to configure my searching to be more precise in sent or received emails? Outlook 2000 won't let me set the date range I want to search nor let me select the fields I want to search. When I go to advanced find in my email I seem to be stuck with searching "subject field" or "subject field and message body" or "frequently used text fields". Same with dates-only a few date range choices are allowed. What a waste of search time when I only want to search for the word "popcorn" used in one message body last Halloween week. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Advanced Find in email for Outlook 2000

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Advanced Find in email for Outlook 2000

If you're just looking for the word "popcorn" in the body of the e-mail. Outlook can do that.
Click Find on the toolbar, then under Options click Advanced Find.
On the Message tab sheet, type popcorn in "Search for word(s):"
For the "In" drop down menu box, change it to "subject field and message body", then click on Find Now.

Outlook can also search in date range. Let me know if you still can't find the word popcorn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-find-in-email-for-outlook-2000.145177/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi
I have Outlook 2007 on XP (I think SP2). The Advanced find doesn't work. When I right-click a message and select 'Find All' then either Related Messages or Messages from Sender, I get the Advanced Find popup and no results. I have enabled Instant search and downloaded the search software but it doesn't seem to make a difference to Advanced Find. Instant Search works fine.

Any suggestions? I'm sure it's something simple.
Sue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-advanced-find-doesnt.745371/
Relevancy 69.66%

Outlook 2007 will not print the results of a search with Advanced Find.

I have a Contact folder with vendors, each vendor has search words built into a category. I search the category with Advanced Find and the result is a list of all vendors with the subject product line.

In Outlook 97 and all revisions until now, I could print out the search, getting names, telephone and fax numbers.

In Outlook 2007, all that prints are the column headings.

My work-around is to use alt-printscreen and paste into Word and print it out. This is hard to read.

Any help will be appreciated.

::RSM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-advanced-find-wont-print.553704/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have several items as appointment subjects in my calander; ie "F-B/S = XXX", "B/S = XXX, & Wt. = XXX that are intended as history for past dates. If I do a search for F-B/S =, and if this item is entered for the current date, it is displayed in the search results, however, none of the same items appear for the past dates. I do recall that the first time I performed this search, all items, past & present were displayed, but all subsequent searches have failed to display all the searched for items.

My intent is to print the resultant list as a history for tracking blood sugar and body weight, and other similar items to create a history.

Can someone help me pleeez! My OS is Windows 2k Professional.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2k-advanced-find-utility-problem.252687/
Relevancy 69.66%

Here is a good one, that so far no one in the Outlook 2007 Community can solve:

I use a contact list to find vendors. The list is about 3000 contacts. I have built in manufacturers' names as search words in a category. I go to advanced find, put the name into the proper category and search, and up pop the names phone and fax numbers in a list view.

I click on print and all I get are two pages of column heading. In every version of Outlook I have used since Outlook 97, the list would print out, and in 2007, it shows fully in Print Preview. The person who responded from the community suggested select all the names, right click and click print. Same result. This is very very not good. I need to be able to print out that list, many times in a business day.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

::RSM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-advanced-find-in-outlook-2007.546383/
Relevancy 69.23%

This barely rises to the level of minor annoyance, but...

When I use Advanced Find in Outlook 2010, the magnifying glass icon is not animated (as it was with Outlook 2003). Is there a way to change the behavior to be like Outlook 2003? Without the animation, one cannot tell if the system is doing something or not.

A:Outlook 2010: Advanced find: Icon not animated?

THIS BUG IS NOT MINOR. I use Advanced Find all the time. You cannot tell if the search is working. Someone please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/114554-outlook-2010-advanced-find-icon-not-animated.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I recently upgraded to Outlook and I am a quot massive quot user of the advanced find feature I need to be able to see the item count result of my searches - just like it was on Outlook Unfortunately I see that the advanced find window on doesn't have a status bar and therefore I can't see the item count result Here are two screenshots to exemplify what I am talking about Outlook Advanced Find Results marchie net Outlook Advanced Find Results marchie net Does anyone have a solution for this BTW - gt the solution offered in the links I gave is not Advanced - No Status Item Find Count = No Bar Outlook 2010 - good for me - gt I know it is possible to create a new search folder that would show item count BUT Outlook 2010 - Advanced Find - No Status Bar = No Item Count I have tons and tons of different criterias for search that I use all the time - I can't create a predifined search folder for each type of search that I need because a I really have too many different criterias b some criterias appear as work comes i e they are not something I can predict before and I need the results fast no time to be creating a new search folder for this Isn't there a tweak to simply restore the good old status bar that was oh so simple in showing the results item count Thanks in advance DrCr zy

A:Outlook 2010 - Advanced Find - No Status Bar = No Item Count

I had a similar problem, but within a Windows 7 search (files and folders) not within Outlook specifically, and it took me ages to stumble across something that might help other people trying to do this same operation. (It seems there are no real results when this question is googled...)

In my folder of search results, I chose the option to "select all" then right clicked with all selected and chose "properties" - the "General Information" tab lists how many files and folders are part of the search result. It's clumsy, but it did the trick for me in a pinch. Hope it helps someone else too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/178276-outlook-2010-advanced-find-no-status-bar-no-item-count.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I'm using Windows Vista and MS Office 2000 professional. Now outlook isn't working again. The message is:

Unknown error 0x9284011D wab.dll is not found again.

PLEASE HELP !!!

I tried to deinstall and install again MS OFFICE 2000,
i did the update to serviece pack 3
i tried to deinstall and install again outlook 2000

nothing was solving this problem !

Thank's a lot !!!!

A:MS Outlook 2000 doesn't find wab.dll !!!!!!

it is looking for windows address book, which is part of outlook express whuich doesn't exist in Vista

you can try this but in general outlook 2000 is not supported in vista

Chaps. Had to think about this for a few mins but then something came to
mind that I remember has got me out of a lot of vista issues with
programs,

To fix this issue go to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office

And find the

OUTLOOK application

Right click and go to properties, then compatibility, then under
compatibility mode tick the box that says "Run this program in
compatibility mode for:" and choose Windows XP SP2 in the drop down.

Try outlook and it will ask you the same questions again but after
closing it and re-opening it again it has worked for me. I can now log
onto it with out getting that start-up message and also send e-mails
without a WAB.DLL error!!!!!!!!

Regards

Andrew Kipling Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2000-doesnt-find-wab-dll.867913/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am having trouble viewing some emails in outlook that i receive 2000 Email Outlook from my yahoo through pop For example if someone who uses yahoo sends me a message i can read it Outlook 2000 Email just fine if i log onto Yahoo directly When outlook checks my mail and downloads the email into the outlook inbox all i can see through outlook is who the email is from and the date and time it was received Outlook somehow hides deletes the subject and the body text so i can t read anything I assume this has something to do with email type because not all emails are destroyed but no yahoo email ever comes through POP and very often i have the same problem with AOL mail Many emails do come through just fine so i know the POP is somewhat working and like i said i can read all of the emails if i log directly onto yahoo mail Does anyone have any idea how i can configure outlook to allow me to see all my emails I very much appreciate any help Casey Edited to remove email address nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I installed office 2000 last week on a new computer and every thing was waking fine. in outlook I was able to get all the mail and contacts transferred by creating a pst. backup and importing it to the new computer. A few days later I noticed that I can't send but i'm able to receive email thru Outlook anymore but it works thru IE hotmail or outlook express. What I get is a error 550 spam notice from my ISP.

Next I remove Anti virus software but it didn't help. Also run a few spybot scans and came up clean.

Anybody have a clue ???
Thanks, Stocky

A:Outlook 2000 Email Trouble ?

If this is to be setup to work with Hotmail then Outlook can't be configured to work with this app. You need to use Outlook express.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85214/outlook-2000-email-trouble/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have used Outlook for many years as my main email client Present OS XP Home SP For some time I have been unable to SEND Outlook email! 2000 No - Solved: mail Occasionally it does go but usually it hangs in the Outbox eventually reporting that it can t find the server I Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email! had not changed my server settings but I have since tried changing them as my Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email! ISP kept changing hands - originally Freeserve then Wanadoo and now Orange This does not help But I could still RECEIVE email OK Then yesterday I found that I can longer receive mail either Outlook seems to try and connect something indiscernible flashes across the screen but no mail received - even when I know from accessing Orange Webmail that there is a stack of mail in my Inbox - mostly Spam I presume that it s an Oulook problem but haven t a clue as to what it might be Any ideas please Any help would be very gratefully recreived Thanks Bob J nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I have Outlook 2000. When printing an email the print changes from portrait to landscape. I would like it to stay at the default portrait. I have deleted and reloaded the printer, reset the print styles. Also manually gone in and changed the format from landscape to portrait and it goes right back to landscape. Anyone else have this problem and is there a fix??

Thanks

A:Printing Email Outlook 2000

check in file, page setup, define print styles. depending on which style you are using (either table or memo) go to edit and then switch to the "paper" tab. see what is chosen there... you can also reset to defaults from there if infact your settings are off... i don't know if you already tried this but if not it's worth a shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-email-outlook-2000.239976/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have done quite a few office 2000 business addition installations, but this one has me stumped. For some reason even after email addresses have been put in to the TO or CC fields and sent, when starting to retype those same names they are not auto populating. Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2000 email addresses

My first thought is the Outlook.nk2 file. If it doesn't exist, i don't know if it will recreate itself or not. I do know that this is the file where outlook saves the auto complete addresses, and the path to the file should be:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

But, before messing with that i would look through the outlook email options. In outlook 2003 go to tools, options .... on the preferences tab click "email options", in the email options window click "advanced email options", and then there is the option to "suggest names while completing To, CC and BCC fields" . So you'll want to find the similar option in outlook 2000. if this option is turned off, turning it on may force the creation of the outlook.nk2 file. if not you should be able to create it yourself or copy it from another system or user profile. hope that helps, as i don't have a system running outlook 2000 available to test it on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-addresses.436578/
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot receive on one of my comcast emails accounts

Relevancy 61.49%

when i open outlook, and try to opena an email, outlook closes - even though I can read the email in the preview window. If i try to send and email - outlook closes

http://www.vistax64.com/software/146441-outlook-2000-email-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

For no reason I can think of, when I open an email in the inbox folder in outlook 2000 and then close it, it disappears. It is not in the deleted items folder, spam folder or any other. This started a couple days ago. I did not change any setting I know of. This only happens in the Inbox folder. I can not locate any settings that would cause this.

Outlook is configured for workgroups although I am the sole user of the computer.
The OS is XP Home edition.

wingerx5

A:Outlook 2000 deletes email

Hi... It sounds like you have a VIEW filter set in Outlook 2000.

In Outlook, go to VIEW and click on MESSAGES. It sounds like you have it set for UNREAD MESSAGES, which will hide all your messages except for the ones that you have not read!

Have fun and I hope this helps!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-deletes-email.489783/
Relevancy 61.49%

Does anyone know if its possible to schedule a email to automatically be sent out at a specific date or time?

A:Outlook 2000 + automatic email

yes it is

when you have the email up - have a look for options
it should be there to delay sending

However, this assumes you are on an exchange server OR your PC is on and connected to the interent at the date/time you want to send

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatic-email.537701/
Relevancy 61.49%

I use MS Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP computer. Just recently my e-mails appear to have gotten stuck in the Outbox. When I look at the messages in the Outbox the messages are bold but not italicized so it doesn't look like it will send. I open the message and click send but nothing happens.

When I check my Sent Items to see if it has actually sent I will see the message duplicated hundreds if not thousands of times. The recipients will receive the message but mostly just once, some have reported getting it three times. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I just did a MS Office update download as well as a Spyware Removal software update but neither seems to have done the trick. Does it sound like I need to create a new PST file and move items over from my old one?

Thanks for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2000-email-problems.312468/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all!

I have a small problem and am not sure how to fix it...I have Outlook 2000 on my work computer which is hooked up to a Novell network. We recently changed our exchange server to a different manager and had to archive emails before the switch. I am trying to retrieve my emails and can only find an *.ost file to import back to Outlook. However, I do not know what program to use to read this file. Should I just chalk my email up to being lost, or can I do anything with this *.ost file to find my archived email? Please help if you can - let me know if you need any more information!

Thanks for any input anyone can give!!

KLAW

A:Archived email Outlook 2000

.ost files are your offline folder. Is that how you archived your mail by synching it all to a offline folder? Or did you put it all in a local folder (.pst files)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14004/archived-email-outlook-2000/
Relevancy 61.49%

When email sent, it goes to Send box, Outlook registers delivery complete, then I get a McAfee VirusScan message indicating that email could not be sent , 530.5.7.0 Authentification required. It indicates to contact online help for email program for more info on the error, or email provider if problem persists.

Has been going on all week. I run a second computer on the same line, same email account, using Outlook 2007, and its working fine. Suggests it isnt an issue with my provider.

Any ideas? Is this an outlook problem, a McAfee problem, a worm or virus? And most importantly, how do I fix it?

A:Outlook 2000 email not sending

If you're getting a McAfee message, I'd be inclined to think that it's a McAfee issue. The "Authentication" required may be a setting you need to change in McAfee.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-not-sending.718502/
Relevancy 61.49%

When email sent, it goes to Send box, Outlook registers delivery complete, then I get a McAfee VirusScan message indicating that email could not be sent , 530.5.7.0 Authentification required. It indicates to contact online help for email program for more info on the error, or email provider if problem persists.

Has been going on all week. I run a second computer on the same line, same email account, using Outlook 2007, and its working fine. Suggests it isnt an issue with my provider.

Any ideas? Is this an outlook problem, a McAfee problem, a worm or virus? And most importantly, how do I fix it?

A:Outlook 2000 email not sending

Check ALL the account setings between a computer that works and the one that does not.

Tends to suggest to me that your SMTP and POP3 settings may differ re Authentication settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-not-sending.718510/
Relevancy 61.49%

I use Outlook 2000 for email. I click the button to send a new message, then click the "To" button to address it, and a box called "Select Names" pops up. There is a drop down menu listing all of my contact lists from which I can choose a person to send a message to. What I want to do is change the order of the contact lists in this drop down menu, so I can put the list I use most in the first position instead of having to always choose it from the drop down menu. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 61.49%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

Can anyone give me good instructions as to how to back up my email and contacts. I am in the process of doing a clean install of my operating system and don't want to lose my data.

currently running Win ME and plan on going to Win XP so the data would need to seemlessly transfer.

A:Outlook 2000 email and contacts backup

You could use the Personal Folders Backup

For Outlook 2000 and later

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-and-contacts-backup.213345/
Relevancy 61.06%

I did some damage recently and now that I'm up and running again I'd like to try and get my outlook 2000 POP3 email and address book back. unless there was a file in my root directory I needed, I know I have everything, its just I don't know where to find and replace.

win98se
IE5.5
MS office 2K premium

Thanks

John

A:Outlook 2000 question restoring email, FAQ??

*.pst = mail, contacts, calendar, etc.
*.iaf = internet account (something, maybe file)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-question-restoring-email-faq.43692/
Relevancy 61.06%

Recently, my deleted emails reappear within a few minutes (in the inbox).

When I check the delected files folder, there are 1 or more copies of the email in there depending on how many times I deleted the email message.

This started sometime after I applied a major update to Zone Alarm and have been wondering if there is something in that update that is causing this.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-email-deleted-then-returns.389968/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have Outlook 2000 SR-1, and use Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2 (to the extent it is relevant). When I go to address an email by scrolling down the list of contacts that show up by clicking on the email "to" button, only some of my contacts come through, despite the fact that all of my contacts contain email addresses. I have checked the Microsoft website, and their fix on this (OL 2000 (CW)/Q197907) for Outlook 2000 is limited to Outlook installed with the "corporate or workgroup" option, which mine is not. I was unable to find any additional help for this version of Outlook and would greatly appreciate any insights. Thank you very much.

A:Outlook 2000 SR-1: Problem with Contacts in Email

Hi lawyermom
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Do you have more than one Contacts folder in Outlook?

Open the Address Book in Outlook, are there folders or groups listed under Contacts?
If so, look in each to see if the missing Contacts appear.
If Contacts appear in other folders, you can Copy them to the main folder.

When using the To: button, you can also click the drop down arrow and switch to the other folders (if they exist) to select those Contacts.

Let us know what you find.
This may be of interest to you: This link shows how to reconfigure mail support in Outlook 2000.
How to switch from one installation type to another in Outlook 2000

An advantage of having Outlook configured as Corporate/Workgroup, is the ability to create additional profiles in Outlook. If errors start occurring in Outlook, you can create another profile to see if the errors occur in the new profile, as well.
How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-sr-1-problem-with-contacts-in-email.750762/
Relevancy 61.06%

HELP I switched on my computer and left it running all day only to get on in the evening to open up Outlook and be asked the question to either create a pst file or use an / OUTLOOK missing Contacts 2000 Email gone - existing one I run Windows XP Pro SP at home so no exchange server I tried to open up my personal folder pst file and it was corrupt so I used a tool I found on the internet to repair the pst file which it seemed to do don t know OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing the name of the program Anyway when I got into it there were no emails at all in my inbox and deleted items folder which the day before had loads of emails my shortcut folders were still there but with nothing in them and funny enough all my sent items were still ok Also gone were my contacts I looked at all the pst files in the outlook folder of the OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing Application Data of my user profile under local settings and notice that the personal folder was only around Kb when it should be at least in the few hundered mb I would have thought Also if I choose my personal folder which I assume is the one that had all my lost data the next time I turn the computer on I get asked the same question again - create new or select an existing pst Any ideas I really need to recover the lost emails and silly me has forgotten to backup Huski nbsp

A:OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing

Can anyone out there offer anys suggestions on recovering data lost in a personal file and mailbox.pst. Please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-contacts-email-gone-missing.418485/
Relevancy 61.06%

my system went down, i had not created an archive of mail and was unable to access anything via safe mode or restore to previous settings...

could you please tell me how to find those files that were previously stored in outlook!!

A:how to recover lost outlook 2000 email

Open My Computer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now search for *.pst; *.pab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-recover-lost-outlook-2000-email.220036/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All,
Appreciate if anyone can help.
I am running window xp professional on Primary Disk. I am trying to import the outlook old message from my Secondary Disk which was run window ME.

After I have imported my files into the outlook 2000. Some inbox email was missing. (I notice 15 July 2003 till 30 July 2003 incoming mail was missing but before 15 July 2003 and After 30 July 2003 was there).

What I did was:

Open my outlook express, do FILE -> IMPORT-> INBOX->select IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM. Select the personal folder (*.PST).

Why some file was missing. Appreciate if anyone can help. I am running window xp professional. I did not window upgrade to upgrade from window me to window xp pro.

x2000koh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-email-when-import-to-outlook-2000.307600/
Relevancy 60.63%

My wife for some reason decided to install Outlook 2000 when it was already installed and then killed it. The problem is that I have an older machine that belongs to the company I work for and I was given it "as is" with no installation disks.

I have been able to get Outlook started but I need to find where on my hard drive my account settings would be if the install process did not delete them. I need to set up my email accounts and I can't remember all of the config settings to get my email.

Does anyone know where Microsoft hides these settings? I would like to somehow import them or open them in notepad and enter the info again so I can get email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

A:Solved: Outlook 2000 - Where can I find my accounts on my hard drive

Try looking in: C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR NAME"\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
although your email account settings may have to be re-entered the above location should have all your emails (.pst) and address book (.PAB) etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2000-where-can-i-find-my-accounts-on-my-hard-drive.603247/
Relevancy 60.63%

hey guys,

Ages ago i used XOBNI to search for email adresses, now with Outlook 2013 this is no longer possible.

When i open Outlook and type a search i hardly ever get an answer.

So does anyone know/use a good search program?

I tried to install LOOKEEN, but installation did not go well.

thanks

jeff

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32051-outlook-2013-almost-never-find-email.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I am an Exchange 2003 Admin. I have a user who is receiving Repeated Read receipts for an old email (sent in june 2008) in Outlook 2000. I have checked sender's PC. evrything looks okie. The read receipts appear to come randomly. sometimes once, sometimes twice or thrice in a day. Its the same read reciept evrytime.

I have not been able to find out the root cause or a resolution to this.
Note: already tried new profile, outlook reinstall, used MfcMapi etc.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

A:Repeated Read receipts for an old email in Outlook 2000

Hi satish.kallem
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Is the user using an .ost file or a .pst file?
If it is a .pst file, create a second .pst file and make it the Default Delivery Location.
Close and restart Outlook 2000 for the changes to take effect.

Then Right click and Close the original .pst file.
Close and restart Outlook 2000. Does the repeated read receipt stop?

If so, reconnect the original .pst file to Outlook 2000:
File > Open > Personal Folders File (.pst)
Browse to the location of the .pst file and select it.
The original Personal Folders should then appear in Outlook 2000.

Change the Default Delivery Location back to the original .pst file, if desired.
Close and restart Outlook 2000 for the changes to take effect.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-read-receipts-for-an-old-email-in-outlook-2000.750993/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I'm using Windows XP Home and Outlook 2000.

I cannot see the 'Email Accounts' option under the Tools menu.

I have Administrator rights and can see the Email Accounts via Control Panel ==> Mail ==> Services ==> Properties, but not via the Tools menu.

Can anyone help please.

Many Thanks

Andy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121365/missing-email-accounts-option-in-outlook-2000/
Relevancy 60.2%

I had a freeze up on my Outlook After using the Inbox Repair Tool I was able to save everything I then archived and compacted the pst file to reduce it by about I then tried to get my mail and it started the process showing how Outlook complete receiving email 2000 doesn't many were on the server and the countdown Also the animated mail icon in the bottom tray showed mail coming in Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email However when it Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email finished it gave a error message that said the mail couldn t be retrieved from the server It was a download error Thinking Norton System Works might have something to do with it I uninstalled it Didn t help I uninstalled Outlook and did a registry clean and reinstalled Didn t help Here is Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email the REALLY INTERESTING part I installed Outlook Express and it downloaed the mail I then went to my wife s user and configured Outlook and it downloaded mail I went bact to my user and it still didn t work All my business stuff is on my Outlook --email and contacts with extensive notes What do you think went wrong and what to do to fix it Thank You Jerry nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Cust. has an existing Win 2000 advanced Svr. There are about 25 PCs w/ 2000 & XP. Currently they do not log on to the Svr, but boss would now like them to. Tried, and they could not get onto existing domain. I kept getting a DNS lookup error? To add I could ping the Svr and see the shared drive on the network but it had a red x on it?

A:2000 pro PC cannot logon to 2000 advanced server domain.

Does the server has a static IP address? try setting the server's IP address as the clints DNS server (you just input the IP address of the server in the clients DNS server address in the network properties).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-pro-pc-cannot-logon-to-2000-advanced-server-domain.286340/
Relevancy 60.2%

My system crashed, and I had to get a data retrieval. I am sure I have it somewhere, but I am not sure which folder to look in. The problem I have though is that I can't search a lot because the system freezes up. Can someone Please help?

Relevancy 60.2%

I use Outlook 2003 from Office XP Suite (OUTLOOK, NOT OUTLOOK EXPRESS.)

I recently reinstalled Windows XP...long, long story...In a nutshell, I had XP home, tried to do a repair install, didn't work, wound up having to install XP Pro instead. This, of course, wiped out my applications, but data files were preserved. However, I seem to have lost al my email messages...I have most backed up, but not the most recent; over the last few months, from April to the present.

Is it possible that those messages are still somewhere on the machine, hiding? How can I search for them?

Relevancy 59.77%

when i send e-mail in Outlook 2000 and select the names of the people i want to email. I just get...yourname (email)...in the TO bar...I was wondering how to display the name and email address all at once. Similar to the way AOL does Please help me!!!!

A:Display email address in outlook 2000 instead of just names when sending

Unless you're using your company's global address list, you must have saved the e-mail addresses yourself (either in your personal address book or in Contacts).

If so, the name is just a short identifier for that e-mail address. You can change the names to include the e-mail address by editing it the name:

In Contacts, right-click the contact, click Open.
Change the Full Name line to read:

Contact Name: E-mail address
e.g. John Smith: [email protected]
In the File As line, make sure it says the same as above.
Click Save and Close.

Alternatively, use:
File, Address Book, double-click the addressee, click the Name tab.
Add the e-mail address to the end of the surname and make sure it appears the same in the Display line.

If you're using a global address list, I'm not sure how you'd change it, maybe someone else can jump in and help you?

HTH

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-email-address-in-outlook-2000-instead-of-just-names-when-sending.44169/
Relevancy 59.77%

I used the following MS Knowledge Base article to create an autoreply message since we don t use MS Exchange Server in our office I don t have the Out of Office Assistant support microsoft com kbid hhmm seems I m not allowed to post active urls since I am new here the non-active link above works if you cut and paste it to your browser I ve never created an autoreply message before but I was pretty sure there was some way to do it so I tracked that down The only problem default) on mail (not in 2000 on Autoreply Outlook account came in email is that I only want to create this autoreply for a email account which is not the default email account In the template file I even specified to send the message using the account the email comes in on but it replies using the default mail account rather than the one Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) I want it to My Rule for this is Check mail Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default) on arrival from this altername account Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft stop rule processing In reality part of this rule should be Reply using template C Documents and Settings user Applications Templates OutOfOffice oft and send via altername account Is there any way to set the reply to use the non-default account rather than the default one If not can anyone suggest an application which will do this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoreply-in-outlook-2000-on-email-account-mail-came-in-on-not-default.366288/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,
I am having a security issue with sending large email attachments (anything larger than 250kb). I have checked our firewall & IP - and they are both working fine, it has come down to being the computer settings. We have 9 computers on network - 6 work, and 3 dont. Is there a way that I can print out settings to compare?

Or has someone had this issue before?

Thanks,
Neddy

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I'm hoping that someone can help me with changing the default internet email account in MS Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup. In the regular Outlook 2000, there is a button in the service box for set as default. However, this does not exist in my program. I am running two internet email accounts, and I would like the second one that I installed to be the default for sending messages. I know there must be a way to do this, but I just can't remember/ figure it out. Thanks!

Best,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-default-email-account-in-outlook-2000-corporate.284641/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Vista as my OS and I use IE and Outlook 2000.
Whenever I click an email link in IE, Windows Mail opens.
When I try to set Outlook 2000 as the default email client from Internet Explorer I get a 'Set your default programs' dialog box which does not list Outlook 2000. Any thoughts ?

A:How to set Outlook 2000 as the default email client from Internet Explorer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-outlook-2000-as-the-default-email-client-from-internet-explorer.632799/
Relevancy 58.48%

Situation I have a domain email 2000 - using automatically on used. contact specific send Outlook account based let s Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. call it mydomain com and a whole bunch of domain email aliases eg email protected email protected etc that all forward to my ISP pop email address account default account I currently have rules setup so that emails sent to certain aliases at mydomain com which all come into my IPS email account go to their associated folders setup in Outlook eg email protected goes to the quot Jim quot folder email protected goes to the quot Mike quot folder etc etc I also have a LAN email account setup in this copy of Outlook although it s not set Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used. as my default Emails on my LAN account use a virtual domain name to send within the network let s call it mylanaccount com Rather than have the emails go to folders on my computer I d rather they be forwarded on to the relevant address on our LAN eg emails that came in from email protected would be forwarded to email protected Of course because mylanaccount com is a virtual domain that doesn t exist in the big wide internet these emails need to be forwarded on using the LAN account not my default ISP pop email account Queries Ideally I d like to setup a rule with something like Check messages when they arrive Sent to people or distribution list quot Forward it to people or distribution list using the specified account quot Of course this last option does not exist You can only choose to quot Forward it to people or distribution list quot There s no option to specify the account a Are there any add-ons for Outlook that let you do this b Does this rule exist in later versions of Outlook otherwise Using Outlook is it possible to make it so that specific contacts have a specific account used when sending emails to them a If not are there any add-ons that can do this b Is this possible in newer versions of Outlook I ve looked around but the closest relevant thread I could find was this one t ---link had to be removed sorry--- Any help is very much appreciated Cheers Chris nbsp

A:Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used.

1b. & 2b.: Doesn't look that way here in Outlook 2003. Have you thought about spending $7 to 9/month per person and get an Exchange Server hosting account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-automatically-send-email-using-specific-account-based-on-contact-used.407241/
Relevancy 54.18%

My client license on my server are getting used up. When I went in to view the license, there are quite a few users that are no longer valid. I chose my license by the user instead of the seat because of the fact that I change hardware around quite a bit. Is there a way to release license that no longer have valid users and renew them?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-server-2000.391909/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend any resources (step by step guide) on how to configure Windows AS 2000.

I'm not sure what I should and should not be setting so anything would be a help.

Cheers guys

A:2000 Advanced Server

This is also posted in the Networking forum at the link below. I'm closing this as a duplicate thread.
http://forums.techguy.org/t160988/s.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-advanced-server.160987/
Relevancy 53.32%

can you disable Interned Explorer on a certain profile and leave it on the others

A:windows 2000 server advanced

You could hide the short-cuts to it in one profile, not sure if you can disable it without some kind of third party security software, like "full control"

http://www.bardon.com/fc.htm

or you could just protect the iexplore.exe file with a password with "protect.exe" freeware.

http://www.sofotex.com/download/software/7206.html

but I would download the setup file for internet explorer and put it in a hidden folder in case of problems first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-advanced.122218/
Relevancy 53.32%

When I attempt to configure RIS within Win2K AS, I get the following error message; "The path you entered does not point to a valid Windows Professional installation source. Verify the path and check that the media source is a full version of the Windows Professional product. The Windows Professional upgrade package is not a valid installation source for use with Remote Installation Service.

I am positive that my verion of Win2K Pro is a full version. Can someone please help?

A:Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I have not worked much w/ images - I just got an adv. server going back east a few weeks ago - then had to fly back home.
I will ask my bf later about your error since he works with RIS a lot.
Here are some MS TID's for now:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q258/9/55.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q258/9/55.ASP

BTW which SP's do you have applied?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-advanced-server.55501/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a large microsoft word file(can be a .txt file) and need to find any text with the following format: ee76badb-9c7a-4448-89e1-85a1edda9098. The letters and numbers in the string are variable but the number of chars and dashes are the same. I could use a regular expression but I'm not sure if that can be done in a find for word documents or txt files. Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Sandy

A:Solved: Advanced Find

Have you tried using the find feature in word with the following custom format?

^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?-^?^?^?^?-^?^?^?^?-^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?^?

Copy and paste the above format into the "Find What" text field in Word and search away.
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-advanced-find.334426/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I'm trying to search a .pst file with Microsoft Outlook 2007. When I do an advanced find (gone is the right-click > Advanced Find by the way, but that's besides the point) the search ends instantly, with no results. And when I try to use Instant Search and expand the Query Builder, everything there is grayed out. What gives? All I want to do is search for emails from a particular person and get the results that I know exist.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-find-finds-nothing.806019/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a shared folder on a server for employees to save personal utility files to Is there a way that i can put a 4 gig limit on this folder size?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server-advanced-folder-size.123055/
Relevancy 52.89%

notebook windows 2000 advanced server p4 1gig system; suddenly hanging badly on boot (up to 10 minutes) as multiple iis services hang includding world wide web publishing and wins ...after some time it finally moves from staring to running ... any clues ???

A:2000 advanced server hanging on boot -

Are you connected to a network when this happens? If not disable the NIC, which will make for a quicker startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-advanced-server-hanging-on-boot.93790/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there,

I am upgrading to windows 2000 Advanced server.
Can I please ask two questions;

a) I Know it can support upto 8 cpu's, But can I just use 1!??

b) I have heard It only works wioth Intel Processors, Is this true? I am wanting to run it on AMD Dual Core 4200 AM2. Will this cause any problems?

Many Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

Hello i have just installed Windows Advanced Windows Server with Probs 2000 Advanced Server and i have come accrossed the fowlling problems Is when i go in to Network and Dial Up Connections it displays only the window with nothing in it There was Items This did work this morning when i first installed it The Internet Services Manager comes up with Error connecting to server Unable to connect to target machine Do you wish to attempt ti connect to it in the future Yes NO Press yes or no and it lets you in to the program So i try to connect to Probs with Windows 2000 Advanced Server the computer i am working on Itself and it says it cant find server The computer name is Server Why can t this computer see itself I can access the internet through it using Sygate Home Network I have Network Cards in this machine for the Wan for the LAN I hope some can help me with this as i am Baffled I have tryed to restart i cant get to the Network settings at all as like i said it wont bring them up Thanks For any sergestians Steven nbsp

A:Probs with Windows 2000 Advanced Server

I have just found out that if i dont logon for about 2-3 minutes then i can acturley do some settings on the Network. But Internet services is still not woking so any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/probs-with-windows-2000-advanced-server.171906/
Relevancy 52.46%

Who knows or where can I find out what these mean? For example, QoS I turned off as I want my youtube videos loading as fast as possible and not slowed down etc..

but the others I've never heard of..

is there a website that explains all advanced settings on wifi cards?

A:Where to find out what advanced Wifi options mean???

LDPC is called low density parity check code and is a correction error which I would turn off for a faster connection. VHT & HT are called Very High Througput and High Throughput which refers to PHY rates of 6.5 Mbps to 433 Mbps per stream. TX is called Transmit stream and RX is called Receiving stream.

Stbc is called Space Time Block Coding which is part of 802.11n and 802.11ac MIMO. I would leave the settings disabled for the "StbcCap"

To be honest, I would never touch the settings with WiFi except for "Wireless Mode".

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68847-where-find-out-what-advanced-wifi-options-mean.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I installed five pci motorola modems in my computer that is running
windows 2000 advance server so that i could implement a RAS
server but only one modem is working and the remaining modems give the error " can't open port" when you query them
and i tried to install more com ports but i got the error "error code
10" . please heeeeeeelp.

A:modem installation in windows 2000 advanced server

Hiya and welcome

Have a look here and search for Code 10

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q245386

Also, have a look here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1270.asp

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-installation-in-windows-2000-advanced-server.60219/
Relevancy 52.46%

A friend of mine is dual booting Windows ME and Windows 2000 Adv. Server. The system has previously had windows XP Home installed on it and the Win 2000 Adv. Serv. has also been previously installed on the system, but then was removed. Because of this the OS boot menu shows Windows ME, Windows XP, and two Win 2000 Adv. Serv. entries...

What we want to know is how to delete the old entries, and for all of you Windows XP users out there, in the "Startup and recovery" section, there is no "manual edit" button like XP has, so therefore we are stuck... We have searched for files with the name of "boot" and also files that may contain "/fastdetect" like the startup and recovery drop-down menu shows.

A:Windows 2000 Advanced Server OS Boot Menu

I'd be curious as to why someone would spend that kind of money on an OS for home, Advanced Server is rather expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-advanced-server-os-boot-menu.102474/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Windows Advanced Server system that is crashing on boot with a STOP xc a abnormal winlogon or csrss exit with exit status x It is on an Integrated xSeries Server in an iSeries but I'm Windows STOP 2000 0xc000021a Advanced Server pretty sure that this is a Windows problem not one with the host AS system because I was able to install a Windows system in a new image and use it to look at the contents of Windows 2000 Advanced Server STOP 0xc000021a the original image AS PC compatibility cards allow you to switch between multiple PC OS images I checked Windows 2000 Advanced Server STOP 0xc000021a the system logs for the original Windows system and there were no messages relating to the crash Dr Watson was set as Windows 2000 Advanced Server STOP 0xc000021a the debugger in the registry but it doesn't appear to be saving a log or memory dump No msgina replacement is installed I bought the system used and it was crashing like this when I got it so I am not sure what change triggered this crash How do I find out what is causing this crash so I can fix it

A:Windows 2000 Advanced Server STOP 0xc000021a

You problem c000021a error is from winlogon.exe crashing.If none of these work, you might have to reinstall windows and use backups to restore the files.I1.) Download the UBCD 4 Windows and if you have access to another server with the same OS, copy the file winlogon.exe to a flash drive, the file is located under C:\WINNT\System32\winlogon.exe. Boot to the UBCD, It will ask you what you want to boot to, use your arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows, press enter, and it will load a windows XP interface. If it asks you any questions about starting drivers, network is unneeded, and is it askes you about USB, press yes. You will need to insert the flash drive, and, go to my computer. Locate the flash drive, and, copy the winlogon.exe from the flash drive to C:\WINNT\System32. It may ask you if you want to replace an existing file, press yes. Now, restart the server and boot from the hard drive. If this fixes your problem, your are in luck, if not, follow these instructions. 2.) If you use a backup program that makes a bootable disk for recovering data, and you backed up the entire hard drive, try to use that. If your winlogon.exe file was deleted, this could recover it. 3.) If you use the backup program that comes with windows, and, you backed up the entire hard drive, you can repair windows be booting to your Windows 2000 server disk, when the screen comes up with the options, about 5 minutes after booting from the disk, hit "R" on your keyboard for repair, then, press "R" again for repair, (Yes, you hit "R" twice), Then Press "F" For fast. It will repair your system files install with windows, then, after the restart, it will go through as if you just installed windows. Once that is finished, it will restart. If that fixes your problem, install service pack 4 for windows 2000 & all updates.. The recovery process uninstalls all updated system files. This will not affect any of your files you created on your server, only the windows critical system files. If your system has an 8x or slower cd drive, I would recommend swapping the drive for a faster one long enough to do the repair.If you don't swap the drive, it will take forever to repair.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-advanced-server-stop-0xc000021a/65939.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys,

I'm new on the board and I've joined becase I could do with a hand.
Basically our work's tech guy has left to join the army (long story) and before he left he setup out 2000 Windows AS for me which was cool.

We are now opening another office and I need to replicate the same setup again. I'm ok when it comes to the hardware side of it... switches, routers etc.... But my problem is when I have to configure the Server setup.

Can you recommend any good sources on the internet that can talk me through it step by step... like I'm a 2 yeard old. But preferably not step by step and theres about 2351 steps in all.

Your words of wisdom would be a great help !

Cheers guys !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-advanced-server-setup-for-network-help.160695/
Relevancy 52.46%

Heyas I have recently installed windows Pro on my computer after a lot of trouble even getting it to work w o having fatas errors Its up and running now though but after installing my drivers for nvidia GT i cant seem to access my quot Windows advanced Pro on graphic accessing settings 2000 GEForce GT quot Tab under my advanced display settings it loads all the other tabs such as Adapter Monitor Color Management accessing advanced graphic settings on Windows 2000 Pro etc but it wont bring up my settings so that I can enable things like SLI I have two GTs in SLI format and ready to go Ive tried multiple drivers and all of them wont let me access this tab I currently am using service pack for win k because I cant seem to get the windows updater working either quot sigh quot EDIT - I switched to windows in the first place because I kept getting nv disp looping error with windows xp i just cant seem to win with nvidia nbsp

A:accessing advanced graphic settings on Windows 2000 Pro

Have you checked if HardWare Acceleration is at maximum under the Troubleshooting Tab of the Advanced settings from Display Properties?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-advanced-graphic-settings-on-windows-2000-pro.444671/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hiya,

I have been trying to figure out how to schedule a defrag on a windows 2000 advanced server enviroment. I have read from the interwebs that this can not be done directly with windows since the defrag in 2k is mmc only and no command line options. Can anyone recommend a alternative? preferably free? =P

A:Solved: How to schdule a defrag 2000 Advanced Server

Here is what I do for XP, it may work for 2000 AS

Windows XP includes a command-line defragger that works perfectly with the Task Scheduler. You'll need to create the task yourself, though, because there isn't a Maintenance Wizard in WinXP. Just go to Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks, and add a scheduled task.Choose "command prompt" from the list. Make all your selections in the wizard, Check the box for "Open advanced properties for this task when I click Finish".
On the Run line use the following command:

c:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c c:\Windows\System32\defrag.exe c: -v >c:\defraglog.txt

The "c:" after defrag.exe instructs the program to defragment the C drive, and the remaining options have it generate a log file that you can examine. In the task setup, you will also need to provide the name of an account to use for the task. Be sure that you use an account that has administrative privileges; they are needed to run the defragmenter. Defrag log text will show on the root of C:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-schdule-a-defrag-2000-advanced-server.857130/
Relevancy 52.46%

I spent the last four days on this and think I had it resolved however I was having no luck in Server!!! 2000 Advanced on windows Attack !!!Virus starting up MSI or installing updates or updating my Mcafee or even connecting to the internet I had run these files last night in hopes some one could help me I !!!Virus Attack on windows 2000 Advanced Server!!! couldn t see anything that would cause me all these headaches Alas I went to sleep last night and woke up with this !!!Virus Attack on windows 2000 Advanced Server!!! computer rebooted and now looks like a virus has attacked again sigh any help please would be awesome I am re-running the tools SIGH as it looks like I have a new infection and will post that new file too With Grace Mike nbsp DDS txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsHi anyone able to help me out with this I can t seem to keep the virus out from the machine I ve updated the software to win k service pack with some other hot updates as well I m not sure why i can t stop it from doing an attack on c winnt system services exe kernel loadlibraryaBO writable bo stackblocked by buffer overflow protectionerrors most of this i think is due to some kind of infection of the mfehidk sys file and I ve tried to update the mcafee software cant seem to update it completely No Idea why Regards MikeEDIT Posts merged BP

A:!!!Virus Attack on windows 2000 Advanced Server!!!

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359741/virus-attack-on-windows-2000-advanced-server/
Relevancy 52.03%

i ws installing adb foe windows and used following steps
There's two simple ways to get there:
1 way = click Start > Control Panel > System icon.
2nd way = click the Start button, right-click ?My Computer?(Computer for Vista/7) and select ?Properties?.
If your using XP, your there. If your using Vista/7, click on Advanced system settings on the left side.

You should now be in the System Properties window.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Click on the Evironment Variables... button
In the System variables(lower box), scroll through the list until you see Path under the Variable column.
Click on it to highlite it, click on the Edit... button.

We are going to add our path to adb, where we installed the SDK, in the Variable value: box.
Make sure your cursor is at the end of the last entry, and type this:

;C:\android\tools\
Now unable to access system files and othes.

A:windows can not find Advanced system settings and others

Hi go to start, search and copy paste :-

Code:
control sysdm.cpl,,3
(press enter) "Environment Variables" box at the bottom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-can-not-find-advanced-system-settings-and-others-669927.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I know this topic may have been exhausted to death but I am at my wits end In Outlook I want to edit my email signature using HTML code In the olden days using Windows XP it was easy My Outlook editor would automatically default to my Front Page program and everything worked great I could use lt a href gt code and everything was hunky dory Now that I have a new computer with Windows Vista as my operating system none of my Office programs seem to work the way they should After much searching on the net I have followed numerous instructions to update Internet Explorer and to visit my control panel to indicate that I want Front Page as my editor to no avail I keep getting the same error message from Outlook quot Could not find an editor for H files quot Oh I am so not a proponent of Windows Vista at this time Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Marjatta nbsp find how files you (.) an editor for for signatures advanced in H do

A:how do you find an editor for H (.) files for advanced signatures in

my control panel to indicate that I want Front Page as my editor, to no availClick to expand...

Have you installed FrontPage?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-find-an-editor-for-h-files-for-advanced-signatures-in.853997/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi!

Can anybody help me point out - there I can find more info about Intel AHA (advanced hub architecture) AKA Intel hub bus, which connect North and South bridges in new Intel chipsets? Intel chipset datasheets tell about it only a few words. No detailed specification, no protocol. And I couldn't find on http://developer.intel.com/ any service, to whom I can address my questions.

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I'm trying to get my DSi online and the help from Nintendo instructs me to "If the router is not listed on our pages, or has no suggested basic rate and transmission rate changes, log into the router, and check likely areas for the basic rate and transmission rate. (e.g., "Wireless Settings," "Advanced Wireless Settings," "Connection Rates") Change the basic rate to "1-2." Change the transmission rate to "2." (Make the change even if only one of those options is available). Test the connection."

But after going on the router page (192.168 etc.) there is no option to change neither the basic or transmission rates.

I have a Belkin N1 Router (Model no. F5D8231-4 Version 5000uk)

Any help?

Thanks,
James

A:Can't find Advanced Settings on Wireless Router

Try changing it to 802.11g only or perhaps even 802.11b only and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-advanced-settings-on-wireless-router.824847/
Relevancy 51.17%

All I have a windows server that controls my windows domain I know I know I m using old technology I have XP workstations that access network drives on the windows server Now I put my first Windows Pro workstation on my network but I didn t join it to the windows domain I just want the Windows workstation to be able to map a drive from the windows server I ve tried everything I mean everything net use z windows svr share USER email protected net use z windows svr share USER domainname user Neither worked I also Edition Windows Server Shares 2000 Accessing on Advanced Win7 tried this Click start Type regedit Press enter In the left expand these folders HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control In the left click on the folder named Lsa In the right double-click quot LmCompatibilityLevel quot Type the number and press enter Restart your computer Click Start Click Control Panel Click System and Maintenance Click Administrative Tools Double-Click Local Security Policy In the left pane click the triangle next to Local Policy In the left pane click Security Options Win7 Accessing Shares on Windows 2000 Server Advanced Edition In the right pane near the bottom double-click quot Network security LAN manager authentication level quot Click the drop-down box and click quot Send LM amp NTLM - use NTLMv session security if negotiated quot Click OK NONE OF THIS WORKED CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND I ALSO TRIED THIS Using a command prompt and type the following net use z servername sharename USER domain user And I received the following error System Error has occured Access is denied I even tried to use the windows gui interface with no luck My Settings Local Security Policy Security Settings gt Local Policies gt Security Options Network security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based including secure RPC clients No minimum Network security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based including secure RPC servers No minimum Network security LAN Manager authentication level Send LM amp NTLMv session security if negoiated Is there something that I m missing or something else that I need to check nbsp

A:Win7 Accessing Shares on Windows 2000 Server Advanced Edition

HI

Instead of using commands from the prompt which you would have put in a login script in xp.
Can you just open windows and then see if you are able to connect directly by using \\servername\share-name.
If it prompts you with a window for a username and password then do this
1. put the username as domain\username
2. if 1 doesnt work try ipaddress\username
3. if both dont work then lookup the error code in eventviewer.

Let us know how it goes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-accessing-shares-on-windows-2000-server-advanced-edition.1111466/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a situation where someone has 2 email addresses. One of them is now redundant and I have deleted it from the People section. However, when I am set to make a new email to that person and type the first letter of their name, in the pop up window (that you can click on) their old email address still appears.
How do I delete this from that list? Can find no way to do so.

A:Outlook Email - Deleting Wrong Email Entry when starting new email

In new email, start typing the address you want to remove. When you have enough characters for auto complete to show it (sometimes one letter is enough), use DOWN ARROW key on keyboard to select the address in question and press DEL key.

That's it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/360024-outlook-email-deleting-wrong-email-entry-when-starting-new-email.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have chosen to use SciTE as my text editor. I know its a powerful editor and I have seen videos online where people are using advanced techniques with it. I really want to know how to use the editor as a power user. Anyone how to lean advanced configurations with the editor so I can get the most out of my coding?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scite-text-editor-anyone-know-how-to-find-documentation-for-advanced-techniques.1006475/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm running Outlook 2000 with SP3 applied:
I'm having no luck importing an outlook PST, which I created as a new data file in Outlook 2003. I created it as a 97-2000 compatible file.

when I go through the import process, it imports nothing at all... No error message, just empty folders.

This happens when I import from the local machine OR the server.

Is it possible the file is corrupt? Is there a way of checking?

I've successfully imported the 2003 version into another PC running Outlook 2003 - No problems there.. Just when trying to import the 97-2000 compatible file in to Outlook 2000

A:Outlook 2000: Problem importing a 2003 PST saved as 97 to 2000 format

try connecting to it as a datafile ( personal folders)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-problem-importing-a-2003-pst-saved-as-97-to-2000-format.305120/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I launch Outlook 2000 the Office 2000 installer also launches.

I installed Office 2000 on this machine several months ago, and Outlook has run without any odd behaviour.

It also happens any time I click on a new email.

Although I installed iTunes 2 days ago, today is the first time Outlook has behaved in this way.

I'm running Win XP with SP1, and I've scanned with AVG, Spybot and Ad-Aware, with nothing negative being reproted.

A:?? When I launch Outlook 2000 the Office 2000 installer also launches

Try a Detect and Repair of Office.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-launch-outlook-2000-the-office-2000-installer-also-launches.304646/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

We have a mailbox that receives mail form both customers and internal staff. I need to be able to search for all e-mails that come in from customers but everytime I search I still pull up the internal ones.

As an example all internal e-mails will be from an address that ends @bloggs.com

So in my advanced search I look for e-mails "From NOT CONTAINING @bloggs.com"

However it is still listing them and I think it is because the From field is populated with the display name from the GAL.

I've also tried looking on the "E-mail Account" field but that just displays "Microsoft Exchange"

Unfortunately I cannot download and install any 3rd party software to help on this due to restrictions on the system.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gogs

A:Outlook Advanced Search

hi,

i guess this is not possible. i canīt remember that a tool can do such search queries...
i just tried to do such a search with Lookeen (thats the search tool i use) but i did not work...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-advanced-search.835401/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have installed outlook with my Windows Office 2000 disk. I am also using Windows 2000 Pro. I am logged in as Admin (default admin accout) and trying to run/setup outlook. It will not let me start outlook and tells me I need to be logged in as admin or have my admin do this for me. However, I am the admin trying to do this. What do I need to do to get this to work?

A:Running/Setup Outlook 2000 in Windows 2000

Simple, Login as an admin but in the local machine, not in the domain. You must be part of the local administrators in the local machine. Do it , 100% guaranteed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-setup-outlook-2000-in-windows-2000.30034/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi forum colleagues

Please help l have Microsoft Office 200 Permium having problems with particular Microsoft Outlook as soon l try use appointment and calender, l get error "essage interface has returned an unknown error please restart Microsoft Office Outlook".

l have installed sr1 fix patch from microsoft site for Office 2000 and windows no difference, l checked forum site for similar problems quiry didn't find any.
could someone who had this problem and has fixed it, could please email and explain it to me in point form how to fix it.

regards new forum member 02647..

A:Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Outlook 2000 - Help Me Please

Try this, http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q283175

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2000-premium-outlook-2000-help-me-please.87076/
Relevancy 49.02%

I would like to know if there was a way to forward messages based on content to a file outside of Outlook 2000, like Access 2000 in particular, maybe even Excel 2000. I know that a rule can be set up to forward messages to personal folders, but I would like to know if it can be done to an outside file. I didn't know if it had to do with messages being in pst format.

A:Forwarding message from Outlook 2000 to Access 2000

No. Not possible to my knowledge or without VBA.

I think it might be easier for you to set Access to import from the PST file at a given time each day. Of course, you'll have to have exited Outlook at that time or the PST file will report that it is in use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forwarding-message-from-outlook-2000-to-access-2000.78562/
Relevancy 49.02%

The email program I actively use is Outlook Express. When I click on a direct link within an email or web site context, my computer uses Microsoft Outlook instead of Outlook Express. Then it puts the message into MS Outbox and it dies there. Please help me! Trish Miller email: [email protected]

A:MS Outlook email is stealing Outlook Express email

Not sure how to get Outlook Express to steal back your Outlook email, but here's how you stop Outlook from stealing the email in the 1st place:

(1) In IE, go to Tools >> Internet Options (you can also access Internet Options from Control Panel).
(2) Click on the Programs tab.
(3) Click the drop-down next to Email, and change it to Outlook Express.
(4) Click Apply and OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-email-is-stealing-outlook-express-email.172388/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok, I know why I am having a problem, but I don't know how to prevent it. I have a dual boot system with Vista32 and Vista 64. Both OS are on seperate partitions. I run Outlook 2007 on both OS installs and I only use pop3 mail. I have both installs of Outlook pointed to the same .pst file on a completely seperate drive. Everything works fine except I am getting duplicate emails because one Outlook doesn't know that the email has already been downloaded.

So, I am sharing the pst file, and I'd also like to share whatever file it is that tells Outlook which emails were already downloaded. Does this make sense? I am confusing myself just typing it.

I though about having Outlook remove the files from the pop server once downloaded, but I need them to be there for remote purposes.

Any thoughts? Hopefully somebody can relate.

A:Outlook Duplicate Emails Advanced Help Needed

Originally Posted by PMcGarr

Ok, I know why I am having a problem, but I don't know how to prevent it. I have a dual boot system with Vista32 and Vista 64. Both OS are on seperate partitions. I run Outlook 2007 on both OS installs and I only use pop3 mail. I have both installs of Outlook pointed to the same .pst file on a completely seperate drive. Everything works fine except I am getting duplicate emails because one Outlook doesn't know that the email has already been downloaded.

So, I am sharing the pst file, and I'd also like to share whatever file it is that tells Outlook which emails were already downloaded. Does this make sense? I am confusing myself just typing it.

I though about having Outlook remove the files from the pop server once downloaded, but I need them to be there for remote purposes.

Any thoughts? Hopefully somebody can relate.

I am having the exact same problem, and your post is the only thing I have found through seaching. Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/140028-outlook-duplicate-emails-advanced-help-needed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Can anybody say, why the button "More Advanced.." is disabled

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-advanced-search-folder.677245/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have two machines on which I run Outlook and frequently use the 2003 find Outlook can't Find feature numbers Find feature to locate a specific email within a folder However I notice that Outlook 2003 Find feature can't find numbers on one of the machines I can find any text string that I want just using the Find button and then entering the required text numbers in the Look For box but on the other machine if I search for a number string no results are found I have checked that I am entering the correct number string and have even tested it out by copying a pasting a number string from one of the emails in the folder into the Look For box but the search still doesn t bring back any results I note also that whenever I run this sort of search on the failing machine the search completes very quickly wheras when I run the same search on the successful machine the search takes a little while to complete Any ideas how I can resolve this - it seems illogical to me that a search on a text string is successful but that a search on a number string is not as I assumed that all text numbers are treated as text within the search function Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-find-feature-cant-find-numbers.815282/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all,
I recall being able to add the "find and replace" option to OE a while back. I think it was linked somehow to Microsoft Word or Notepad which has this option. I would like to remove (<<) from forwarded emails directly in OE rather than having to cut and paste to notepad and remove the (<<). I know my old imac's OE had an option to "clean up text" or simular which removed all the quotes. I don't see this in todays OE for XP though.

I do recall there being a tweak that added this function though.
Thanks in advance,

Monker

A:Outlook Express Edit>find>(find And Replace?)

I've never noticed that option, in OE.Just a suggestion, but I find StripMail to be faster, than using Word.StripMail is a FREEWARE utility that: * Strips the characters ">" and "|" from forwarded e-mails. * Formats the text into paragraphs, making it easier to read. * Changes the text's right margin, by indenting. * Can be used with any e-mail client.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49444/outlook-express-editfindfind-and-replace/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there

I am running Vista x 64 and have just started (yesterday) using Firefox for my internet as I had problems with Internet Explorer. That part is all working good now, however, I am trying to do an email signature in Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I try to advance edit, it is saying "Could not find an editor for H (.) files. This happened when we first loaded Outlook about a year ago and we had to change the program association with HTML to Microsoft Word (that was also when we were using Internet Explorer). I have done this again via the control panel and as it was set to Firefox I changed the default to Microsoft Word but it hasn't resolved the problem and I still get the same error.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 - Advanced Editor H File Error

Hi Me,

All the other posters are now asking, who is me?

I told you that I do not know how to solve this problem, at least in an Ortodox way.

Since, I know something about your history. Give this a try. Go to the site that I will supply and try to download Internet Explorer, again. The worst that could happen is that you get a message that you already have it. But it may go through the procedure of installing again. If so it may work with your Outlook 03, like it did in the past.

Make a system restore point just in case.

The cost is a big smilely face, in the event that my idea works..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...D-227368A7875A

When you go to the site use FF. If you use IE, it will detect and refuse to install, again.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/266667-outlook-2003-advanced-editor-h-file-error.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello.

I was trying to configure Word 2000 to send email, but I can't seem to find the means to configure the bloody thing. I have tried help files, but wasn't much help.

Anybody plz?

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Word 2000 aka MS Word 2000 - Sending Email - Need Help Configuring

Word itself does not send (or receive) e-mail messages. You may configure Word to be your e-mail editor, but it still requires an e-mail program (such as MS Outlook) to send messages.

You can send e-mails from within Word by using File, Send To, Mail Recipient (or Mail Recipient as Attachment), but this still uses Outlook to do the sending and receiving.

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2000-aka-ms-word-2000-sending-email-need-help-configuring.91776/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hiya Overview The utilities included in this toolkit enable Microsoft Exchange administrators and Microsoft Outlook users to convert legacy cc Mail directory information to Microsoft Exchange Some of the tools in the kit such as QuickDL and DirPop are also useful for migration from other mail systems Below is a listing of the tools provided in this toolkit along with a brief description of its purpose For more detailed information download the cc Mail Directory Migration Toolkit documentation in the dmt doc exe file Included in the Toolkit DirPop This Exchange Event Script uses Active Directory Service Interfaces ADSI to update a user s Exchange directory entry from data submitted on an e-form QuickDL Use Migration Outlook Jan 14 Outlook Lotus cc:Mail and Directory Toolkit 2000: 98 for this tool to quickly create an Exchange Distribution List through ADSI to hold all users on a cc Mail Microsoft Mail Post Office Exchange Server in the Site ML DL This in-place conversion tool takes cc Mail Mailing Lotus cc:Mail Migration Directory Toolkit for Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000: Jan 14 Lists and converts them to Exchange Distribution Lists uses ADSI PMLExtr Use this tool to extract user s cc Mail Private Mailing Lists into common format files ready for import PML PDL This user-driven utility takes an output file from PMLExtr and migrates the data to the Outlook PAB or Contacts Folder uses CDO CC Priv This tool Lotus cc:Mail Migration Directory Toolkit for Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000: Jan 14 extracts private directory information from a client using cc Mail Release x and migrates the data to Outlook PRIVDIRU This user-driven utility performs a direct conversion of the Lotus cc:Mail Migration Directory Toolkit for Outlook 98 and Outlook 2000: Jan 14 cc Mail Private Directory file PRIVDIR INI to Outlook Contacts This version of the utility uses the Outlook object model to convert the PRIVDIR INI data directly to the Contacts folder thus by-passing the file import stage along with other improvements and innovations System Requirements Supported Operating Systems Windows NT http www microsoft com downloads de- - e -b - a abb c amp DisplayLang en Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lotus-cc-mail-migration-directory-toolkit-for-outlook-98-and-outlook-2000-jan-14.113772/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have had to reinstall pc due to it going at a crawl!!

After installing Outlook 2002, I can not get Outlook to auto fill the email address field when I start to type an email address in it.

The address book is there and in tacked after copying the outlook.pst file back to its original location after install.

How do I get Outlook to autofill?

Also when I click the 'TO' button in the new email window, it says that there is no address book!
but when I click the address book icon in the main Outlook window there are email address there?!

Any ideas how I can get this to work correctly again.

A:reinstalled pc, now create email in Outlook 2002 does not auto fill email address like before

When you did the re-install, did you erase/format the hard drive before the re-install? If you did and did not save the Outlook auto fill file, then the all the auto fills you had are gone. Did you import the pst file into outlook?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311040/reinstalled-pc-now-create-email-in-outlook-2002-does-not-auto-fill-email-address-like-before/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Experts I ve cybercafe with Clients All are Intel Pentium III and a server which is Windows Advanced Server operated and connected with kbps Cable Internet Connection Recently I feel that my server is working very slow and its taking some times to open any programs such as Excel winword etc I m giving the server configuration below Intel Pentium III MHz Intel Desktop Board D EEA MB RAM GB HDD NIC NETWORK INTERFACE CARD I m giving the file lists which I Windows Tast for 2000 Advanced Windows Manager Server found in the Windows Task Manager List of Processes TAB GMT exe IEEXPLORE EXE CMESys exe msmsgsyrv exe taskmgr exe SERVICES EXE explorer exe svchost exe notepad exe LSASS EXE spoolsv exe svchost exe tcpsvcs exe mstask exe DRWTSN EXE inetinfo exe CTFMON EXE CSRSS EXE Ymsgr tray exe WINS EXE LLSSRV EXE DNS EXE mdm exe msdtc exe svchost exe sfmprint exe evntsvc exe regsvc exe rndal exe WinMgmt exe System System Idle Process dfssvc exe Hope hear from you soon Naim Dhaka Bangladesh nbsp

A:Windows Tast Manager for Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Servers are supposed to be just that, servers, you appear to be using yours as a PC, this just leads to problems. You have a certain amount of spyware running, rndal.exe, GMT.exe, CMESys.exe, evntsvc.exe. Go here, www.lavasoftusa.com download and run Adaware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-tast-manager-for-windows-2000-advanced-server.85708/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I've (outlook email back changing address and 2013) email to server put just found a pst file with all my old email I'd like changing email address and put email back to server (outlook 2013) to put them back on the server hotmail but before doing that I've seen that some of them were not recived or sent to my actual address hotmail com but to an old one infinito it So I was thinking to export them from outlook to CSV modify that address into the new one and then import them back on outlook The problem is that when I export them to CSV in that file they don't have the date received or sent and so when I get them back on changing email address and put email back to server (outlook 2013) outlook they miss that info Can anyone help me doing this I've been told that VBA macro should be useful for this but having a look in it I have no idea of what I sould do Ah instead of outlook I can also use thunderbird if it's easier with it but then I'd have to convert that pst file Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/changing-email-address-and-put-email-back-to-server-outlook-2013-a-1159385.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Basically, I need to know if it's possible to import data from outlook 2002 (XP) into outlook 2000. I'm creating a file filled with contacts for a person, they have 2000 and I have 2002.

Thanks for your help!
Chinc

A:Possible to import outlook 2002 contact data into outlook 2000?

Yes. Export the contacts from your Outlook as a .pst file and import it into thier's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-import-outlook-2002-contact-data-into-outlook-2000.235493/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone (And sorry for such a long thread title!)

One of the elderly gentleman where I work, has been given a Dell laptop by his Son that's running W7 64bit.

He has a copy of Office 2000 that he would like to install on this machine, and use the bundled Outlook from it as his default e-mail client. The only problem is, the current desktop PC he's using, is running Windows XP (unsure which version) and he's got Outlook Express as his e-mail viewing software on there at the moment.

Can the profile (sorry if that's the wrong term) from XP's Outlook Express be "ported" into the Outlook from Office 2000, whilst all of this is running on W7 64bit?

Many, many thanks in advance

A:Migrating XP's Outlook Express to Office 2000's Outlook on W7 64bit

Office 2000 is not supported on Windows 7, and is insecure and past it's lifetime support. That said, there may be workarounds to get it to work on 7, but that's probably more difficult then your original question. I'd think your friend would need a newer version, then revisit can it be done For instance:

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express

Import your messages or account from Outlook Express to Outlook - Outlook - Office.com

Trying to use Office 2000 would not be at all advisable.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/322828-migrating-xps-outlook-express-office-2000s-outlook-w7-64bit.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi It is a small but annoying problem I upgrade my Office program suite to Office professional I selected the upgrade option on the installation CD I first selected to upgrade the regular Office software Words Excel Outlook Access etc After this first installation I noticed that I had Outlook icons in my start programs the Outlook icon and the Outlook icon I then installed Frontpage and the Outlook 2000 to after Outlook files Residual Outlook 2003 upgrade Icon was replaced by an anonymous exe program icon When I clicked on this icon I got a message saying that this icon only works with an installed application So I thought it was only a residual icon and I deleted Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003 it Where is the bug Well next to my user logon on Window XP I get a message that I have unread e-mail When I open Outlook there are no unread e-mails I tried to import e-mails from other applications and I got an e-mail that Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003 had been received on Outlook A welcome to Outlook Version message The problem is that this message keeps reappearing from time to time and I always get this message saying that I have unread e-mail which I cannot see on Outlook I know I still have some Outlook files on my C drive but I cannot delete them because the system then tells me that the files cannot be deleted because they are used by an application Questions -How can I remove completely the Outlook Version from my system It is not listed in the Control Panel add remove program list -If not removing the Outlook files is there a way to make them inactive or to set Outlook such that it receives automatically all e-mails from the other unused e-mail systems I also have Outlook Express but I do not use it and it does not seem to cause any problem so far nbsp

A:Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003

not a complete answer for you, but to get rid of that annoying "Unread message" at the logon screen see this to turn out via the registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304148/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/residual-outlook-2000-files-after-upgrade-to-outlook-2003.416189/
Relevancy 46.87%

I mainly use Outlook however in order to get a number of Hotmail messages onto my computer s HD i synchronised Outlook Express to Outlook Express Outlook 2000 from messages Hotmail Exporting with Hotmail I now have messages from a folder I have on Hotmail on my hard drive too A search revealed that this folder and presumably all messages in it is stored under Exporting Hotmail messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 C Windows Application Data Identities B - - D -A -C D E Microsoft Outlook Express I copied the dbx file named hotmail - folder name dbx to my desktop I went in to Outlook file gt import blah blah blah but it wont let me import dbx files soooooo is there anyway to get my messages from hotmail from this specific folder into outlook i no longer need the folder in hotmail and will just delete it as soon as i have a permanent copy on my hard drive in outlook im assuming that since the dbx file is on my hard disk with all the messages which i can read offline in outlook express that i wont need to set up outlook for hotmail synchronisation nbsp

A:Exporting Hotmail messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000

Somehow, I don't think you'll be able to do it:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q234/7/04.ASP?

Oh, but take a look at www.slipstick.com too, if you want to check their input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-hotmail-messages-from-outlook-express-to-outlook-2000.53125/