Windows Support Forum

Need Outlook 2003 addon: sort emails in special folders?

Q: Need Outlook 2003 addon: sort emails in special folders?

Hi!

At first I am working with Outlook 2003 and an Exchange 2003 Server.
The Exchange server has a 32 K rule limitation for every user.
For this reason I need an Outlook 2003 addon to sort all incoming mails in special folders.
Is something like this anywhere available?
Regards,
Gicio

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Outlook 2003 addon: sort emails in special folders?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need Outlook 2003 addon: sort emails in special folders?

SORT? Sort by...?
Do you mean that you want your mails to be moved to certain folders depending on subject or who sent? If so, that is the Rules Wizard. In prior versions, it's under the Tools menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-outlook-2003-addon-sort-emails-in-special-folders.178153/
Relevancy 93.31%

A user has created lots of personal folders. Some of these folders when selected are showing as 'There are no items to show in this view' even though at the bottom left of the screen it says that it contains eg. 30 items.

These folders are sorting by default to 'by flag' even though the user does not use flags. If he chooses to change the sort manually to 'by From date' or any other field, the messages then show as normal.

The user would like to set a default sort order for all existing and any newly created folders. Is this possible?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2003-default-sort-order-on-folders.412689/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi My name is Fran I ve had something strange going on for a while a month and I thought I d give this a shot to figure out what the problem is As I said in the Topic title I have blank Outlook emails that keep showing up in my Inbox Sent Mail Deleted Mail Folders for my hotmail account in Outlook They all are the same size but have various times I contacted Microsoft and they suggested that I reset my passwordsand security questions for all of my email accounts I did this but the problem has continued in my Hotmail account in Outlook This has made me suspect that I have something on my computer that picked up the new password I fear that someone or something is hijacking my computer and want Folders emails keep showing in my Mail/Deleted Blank Inbox/Sent 2003 Outlook up Mail to put a stop to it I read something today about HijackThis and decided to Blank Outlook 2003 emails keep showing up in my Inbox/Sent Mail/Deleted Mail Folders give it a try I installed the software and ran a scan generating a log file It then instructed me to use one of the forums for assistance in a list on their website in which you were at the top--so here I am I attached the log for the scan from Hijackthis I HAD TWO FILES AND WAS UNSURE WHICH YOU SHOULD GET SO I UPLOADED BOTH--I RAN TWO SCANS WITHIN MINUTES OF EACH OTHER BUT AM UNSURE IF THESE LOGS ARE FOR EACH OR JUST ONE SCAN And when I looked at the scans logs it was all Greek to me Of course if there is any other info you need please just let me know Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated I look forward to hearing from you Best regards Fran

A:Blank Outlook 2003 emails keep showing up in my Inbox/Sent Mail/Deleted Mail Folders

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305773/blank-outlook-2003-emails-keep-showing-up-in-my-inboxsent-maildeleted-mail-folders/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi,

I recently shifted from thunderbird to outlook now i added all my emails but for some reason some of the emails are not showing inbox and other folders until i click on drop down on the email name. Why ?

This happens to only some of the emails. All emails are being received and sent but some email folders are not showing until i click on drop down of email.

Thanks for answering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-emails-not-showing-inbox-and-other-folders-for-some-emails.1088951/
Relevancy 73.96%

Need to implement this view in Inbox (see attachment).

If attachment not viewable, here is the scenario required

+ From: Printrequest
+ From: Andrew
+ From: Brian
+ From: Colin

Printrequest (letter P) on top then Resume the A-B-C order.
Thanks

A:Outlook 2003 Inbox Special Custom View

Hmmm. I suppose you could create a rule which flagged messages from printrequest (looks like you'd have to add printrequest to your address book first) and then customize the view to sort by Flag Color and then by From. Just a guess - I don't want to mess with mine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-inbox-special-custom-view.909417/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,my wife is using Outlook 2007 but the account was originally setup with POP acct. many years ago,way before having a tablet and smart phone.Her phone and tablet are set in Imap. I would like to "convert" her Outlook to IMAP as well, and found this website http://www.msoutlook.info/question/634 that explains how to proceed in 3 easy steps:1) deleting the pop3 account2) adding the IMAP acct3) move personal folders/emails from former POP to newer IMAPIf I understand the article correctly, I might get stuck with 2 sets of special folders (inbox, sent items, etc), which will be cause for confusion. For instance, once all the emails from the original Pop Inbox are moved to the new Imap inbox, will I be able to delete the old pop inbox?Thanks in advance,     

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154544.0.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 70.52%

Is it possible, without scripting in VBA, to sort Outlook 2003 contacts by last saved/edited date? I need to import contacts to my cell phone, which has a primitive mechanism that requires me to manually synchronize with Outlook. This sorting ability would help determine which entries have changed since the last time I updated my phone.

A:Sort Outlook 2003 contacts by last saved date?

Welcome to the forum.

I found a last saved time field but it did not seem to work for some reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sort-outlook-2003-contacts-by-last-saved-date.777104/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Folks

This is my first post on the Windows 7 Forums I hope General Discussions is the correct place for my post.

I will shortly be getting a new desktop pc with windows 7 home premium 64 bit. It will have Microsoft office Outlook 2010 on it.
This will replace my current computer which has Outlook 2003.

Is there a way of transferring my saved emails from Outlook 2003 on my old pc to outlook 2010 on my new pc?

Also I currently have 3 email accounts. Is it possible to configure Outlook 2010 to be able to view emails from 3 different email accounts?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Richard

A:How do I transfer emails from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010

Hello Richard and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not a fan of Outlook so I don't have a lot of experience with it. Having said that, I remembered an old Microsoft Answers forum thread about moving 2003 .pst files over to 2010. The first answer by Russ Valentine should still be valid. One suggestion if I may. Before attempting to move any emails I think it would be helpful to back them up, make a system image, do something to protect them should the unthinkable happen.

Moving Outlook 2003 Data Filses to Outlook 2010 - Microsoft Answers

There's a separate Seven Forums category for "Browsers & Mail" about half way down on the home page. You may get some better repsonses and suggestions if you ask one of the Forum Moderators or Admin to move this thread over. In the upper right corner of your original post is a red triangle. If you click on that you should get a dialog box where you can ask that the thread be moved.

Browsers & Mail - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253147-how-do-i-transfer-emails-outlook-2003-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I was asked to give additional info on my problem Emails outbox in emails outlook getting in stuck 2003. stuck Solved: outgoing I am using windows on internet explorer We are connected with at amp t for the internet The computer is a month old Dell Inspiron with i processor I recently had a trojan horse that totally Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox messed up my computer so badly that I brought it to a computer repair shop and had windows reloaded The computer is working fine now Before the trojan horse I was using Office and doing all my emails from outlook When windows was reloaded I uploaded the same Office I configured emails to go to outlook but for the life of me Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox I can go over to google gmail and both send and receive emails I just like the outlook setup There is alot of info on the internet on how to change your emails over to outlook I am currently using IMAP I also tried it with POP but no matter what I do outgoing emails go to the outbox I feel the system is configured correctly I get a message that the info I put in is correct I have no problem receiving emails on outlook What can I do to be able to send emails out using outlook I can send an email out on google gmail so I don t have a problem with the internet connection Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox

In almost all cases, it's just a matter of the settings not being correct, maybe the SMTP port number is incorrect or authentication needs to be turned on.

Also, if you had messages already waiting in the Outbox before changing any settings, you should delete those and try sending a new message.

Here's the AT&T settings: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&cv=801&_requestid=334567#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_

And the configuration steps: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_
It's pretty close for Outlook 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outgoing-emails-stuck-in-outlook-2003-emails-getting-stuck-in-outbox.1091734/
Relevancy 67.51%

I just put in a new hard reading 2003 folders Move not not 2007 from successful; Outlook to certain Outlook drive and installed the latest version of Office I kept the data and archive files from Outlook so I could import them into Outlook and get back to business However that did not happen It was able to read and bring up most of the data but I am missing some folders which are critical The critical folders are folders that were created manually They were used to store email messages that came in that were important They were simply dragged from the Inbox and put into that folder There were also folders within that folder I m not sure if these folders and subfolders were in the Inbox or not They may not have been The way I imported it was by going to TOOLS gt ACCOUNT SETTINGS gt DATA FILES tab gt and pointed to the old PST file I also pointed to the archive pst file as well but later went to FILE gt ARCHIVE and pointed to the Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders old archive pst file in there Bot ways did not reveal the folders that are needed Is Outlook not able to read all data from Outlook pst files or is there a fix for this Please advise nbsp

A:Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders

I purchased a new Notebook with Office 2007 installed and copied over my Outlook 2000 pst file. I also had manually created folders for filing important emails. Mine were sub folders within the Inbox folder. Everything copied over, but I could not see the manual folders at first until I double clicked the Inbox folder in the side panel and then they spilled out. I would look for them in that panel and double click anything there starting with Inbox, Sent etc. Also try doing a search for any subject or address of an email you may have saved.

When copying over the pst file I think everything is copied. Appears you did not just copy contacts for example, but the complete pst file. I think the folders are there as Sub Folders, just hidden within one of the main folders such as Inbox.
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-2007-not-successful-not-reading-certain-folders.580711/
Relevancy 67.51%

Folks I have read the MS tech notes on how to get Outlook I have it via Office Professional full install to import from OE It fails under either option import from quot another program quot or quot Import Internet Mail quot Under the former it is pointed to the correct folder but fails with Error Cannot open another program in anything Will Outlook mail, Not Outlook 2003 Express Import folders, use quot but there's not I tried copying the folder to a nice clean location on the C and checked all the properties nothing interfering still won't open the folder Under the latter option it just doesn't do anything after directing it to the correct folder Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything Seems to accept the command closes the window but does not import anything No error messages Umm do MS teams communicate with one another Closely related If I could just get the FOLDERS I had setup it would be a great asset or if i could just get the ADDRESS book it would help Do you know how to import dbx folders into Outlook Or the old outlook Express address Book thx z

A:Outlook 2003 Will Not Import Outlook Express folders, mail, anything

They are written in two different formats that are uncompatible. The Oulook Express has a file sytem totally unique to it.

I had the same problem about 6 weeks ago going from XP to Win7.
I had to transfer address book to notepad and put it into Outlook one at a time. The old mail sits in the old PC.
I have heard you can transfer the OE mail files over to Windows mail or gmail etc. Then transfer files from the new mail server to Outlook.
File system is changed over with the mail transfer- I haven't tried it though.
Mike

I did a Google and found this. I didn't find this page six weeks ago.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...001094387.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/114833-outlook-2003-will-not-import-outlook-express-folders-mail-anything.html
Relevancy 66.65%

For some time, my MS-Outlook 2003 has been reluctant to send out emails. they seem to just stay in my outbox for an inordinate amount of time. I quit the application, then reopen and sometimes that does the trick, othertimes not. I restart the computer and sometimes this does the trick, othertimes not. I have run detect and repair for the software, and also run BugDoctor, PC Medik and other stuff, but cannot seem to find a reason for this. When I try my email account settings, all is well and I have success in sending a test email.

A:Outlook 2003 - not sending emails!!!

I take it the box right above your clock says "Connected"? , if not, click on down pointer and on drop down menu, uncheck "work offline"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-not-sending-emails.657507/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi, I have set two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and configured them (i made rules) so that there are two email account folders, and the email for account A goes into the INBOX under A and B goes into B. However, I have not been able to get them to do the same for the other folders (like OUTBOX, DRAFTS, SENT ITEMS, etc). Is there any way to do that?

Relevancy 66.65%

I've got six email accounts that dump into my Outlook and all them are fine except for the primary account for my business. Figures. When I go into the other accounts everything looks fine, but in this one account, instead of the emails I have line after line that reads "none". The emails are still there because I can access them through our website, but it is really vexing to not be able to read and respond to them through Outlook. This has never happened before. I just logged on today and -- *poof* -- gone! Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried closing and restarting Outlook a couple of times to no avail. Frustrating. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

A:Outlook 2003 - emails vanished

have you checked all the settings and advanced settings for that account
also click on test mail and make a note of any errors and post back here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-emails-vanished.876157/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello This is a confusing sending 2003: Outlook Not emails question to me I m asking for a friend of mine who I have been giving phone support to and walking them through setting up their email accounts in Outlook It was working for a while and they changed something I do not know where and now it is not sending emails Apparently he is receiving them just fine What happens when he sends an email is it shows it going out of his Outbox and goes to his Sent Box A few seconds later an email is dispatched to his Inbox from System Administrator Undeliverable Website This is the error message in the body sorry that domain isn t allowed to be relayed thru this MTA along with the date time and intended recipient s name I am not very good with Outlook and was hoping for some insight on what might be causing this My friend lives a couple hours away but is willing to drop off their laptop for me to look at Somehow being the quot Excel quot guy means I m the quot computer quot guy Yeesh Thanks for any help anyone can give nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I would like to know how to make my outlook save a email to my pc as a email file instead of a notepad file. I know I can choose how I want to save it in the drop down list, I want it to save as a email file without having to choose every time, that gets annoying when I have a lot of files to save at one time.

A:How to specify how emails are saved in Outlook 2003

Have you tried just dragging the message from your inbox to (for example) your desktop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-specify-how-emails-are-saved-in-outlook-2003.560901/
Relevancy 66.65%

I cannot drag emails from the email list pane on the upper right to the folder tree pane on the left. The problem occurred before. Outlook was uninstalled, the computer restarted, and outlook reinstalled, and the problem was solved. Now the problem has come back. Mail is used with exchange server in cached exchange mode. Any ideas? Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-drag-emails-in-outlook-2003.790530/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a 4 email accounts with the wanadoo isp. One for each of us in the family me being the main . We all have our own user id's on xp. How do i set it up so we can all use outlook to send and receive just our own emails in our individual xp user names?

A:Multiple Emails In Outlook 2003

I think you'll find that you will each have to set up 'Outlook' in your own profiles...
If i open 'Outlook' in another family members profile, none of my email address's are there.
If you set the incoming and outgoing servers for each family member, in their own profile... they'll be able to send and recieve thier own emails from their own account.
As the email address's are with the same provider.... the pop and smtp settings will be the same for everyone.. just the login name and email address will be different.
Does this help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61740/multiple-emails-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have tried searching everywhere for this problem but can't find anything Hope someone can help me change a setting etc My MS outlook works fine with everything except when I wish to forward an email with embedded pictures I click on forward and the email takes a very long time for it to open Once it has finally opened I can put contact names in to forward and then send Everything goes fine once email has opened All other emails seem to open fine when I am forwarding including attachments etc Its emails like Cnet emails only kb in size The forward icon highlights and its like outlook freezes until the email eventually opens Just so you know if you double click on the email to open in inbox it opens very quickly Hope this all makes sense Is there a setting that I can change or does anyone know how I can fix this problem Many thanks in advance Its driving me crazy as I need to forward these emails quite frequently Kris

A:MS Outlook 2003 RE Forwarding emails

not sure if this will help but try safemode for outlookfrom your start buttonstart run/type in/ outlook /safe /click okgive that a try

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175016/ms-outlook-2003-re-forwarding-emails/
Relevancy 66.65%

I had someone move my data from an old laptop to new laptop and my Outlook isn't set up right.

I used to see in all my emails in Personal Folders/Sent - grouped by date - Today, Yesterday, Monday, Sunday, etc. My view wasn't reset properly and in trying to match the Sent settings to the other folders set up properly, I can't see 4 days worth of sent emails (business stuff).

I've had this happen before and someone else found them for me but I don't know how.

Can anyone help me please? I have important business emails I need!

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-sent-emails-outlook-2003.560511/
Relevancy 66.65%

Comcast is my internet provide. I use Outlook 2003 to send emails I am able to receive but cannot send here is the message when i try. "Outlook is unable to connecv to outgoing SMTP email server. Contact admin. or internet provider" 0x80042109

I have talkedwith comcast they say everything is fine on their end and that it is a microsoft problem.

I would APPRECIATE any help. Simple language please very limited computer knowledge

Thanks!

A:Emails sit in outbox using Outlook 2003

Hi teammouse

Do you know how to access the web mail server for your ISP?
If so, login to the web mail server to verify your user name and password are correct and that the web mail server is not down for maintenance.

Did Comcast verify your server settings with you?
Do you have authentication enabled?
In Outlook 2003,
Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts > Next
Double left click the e-mail account name, this should bring up the Internet E-mail Settings window.
Click the More Settings button > Outgoing Server tab
If not present, place a check mark in: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
OK, Next, Finish to save and close.
How frequently in minutes, do you have Outlook 2003 configured to check for e-mails?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emails-sit-in-outbox-using-outlook-2003.743011/
Relevancy 66.65%

In my job I have hundreds of emails for numerous different matters that I really hate to delete. I can create subfolders for each separate matter and store the old messages there, keeping my inbox streamlined. That creates a lot of folders!

I also have a separate folder on a separate harddrive for each matter. In those folders I store Word docs, Excel sheets, etc. Can I store the emails related to each matter in these folders instead of the folders in Outlook?

A:Filing Emails In Outlook 2003

Hi Hal06,

Yes, it is possible to do that. The only downside that I find with storing the emails in a folder outside of Outlook is that they do not stay in cronological order (i.e. they are listed by Subject and the date that you copy/move them). The only work around that I can find for this is to move the emails to a Task for each Subject then copy and store the Task in the other directory on the hard drive.

You can play around with this as when you copy or cut the emails from Outlook the originals remain in the Inbox or Folder unless you delete/move them. Just remember that you will have to select all the emails in the seperate folders when copying and then you must select copy from the Edit menu for this to work.

If this doesn't make much sense let me know and I will try to explain further.

HTH

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120744/filing-emails-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

My outlook express will not receive any messages, however, they are being recieved via webmail.

Furthermore, when I delete or send message via webmail, they appear in the relevant folders in Outlook.

I have had previous problems where my mailbox reached maximum capacity and then obviously did not recieve any further messages.

However, I'm currently using approx 15% of its capacity as it has been extended.

Could it be due to an oversized file sent from another user, I did recieve an 8mb file in webmail, which I subsequently deleted. Would this block messages coming through Outlook?

Please help!

James

A:Outlook 2003 (v.11) not receiving emails

James

I ran into a similar problem, I have an account that called and said, "We can't recieve Email".

Sure enough when I got there they were right. they could send but not recieve. I found that if I hit "Send/Recieve" on the toolbar that the emails would go out but none came in. Finally I stumbled across the fact that If I selected Tools/Send/Recieve and then selected my account all of the emails downloaded.

Go figure!!

Give it a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-v-11-not-receiving-emails.704602/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi All I ve got a computer that runs outlook for the mail client It connects to a Exchange my Outlook 2003 are MS Exchange - and Where emails? server My understanding is that a copy of Outlook 2003 and MS Exchange - Where are my emails? the mail should be located on the Exchange Server but i m a little confused now I noticed that when i go to the Email accounts settings i have an option of my mail going to an Offline Storage which Outlook 2003 and MS Exchange - Where are my emails? is ok as i have turned this feature on I also noticed that right down the bottom there is some text indicating where the mail is delivered to This text indicates that the location is C documents etc Because it is being saved to c documents etc does this mean that there is NO copy of my mail on the Exchange server If not if i had a computer change in the future i should simply be able to just reconfigure my oultook to point to the same exchange server and it should pull down all my mail Any help would be great thanks so much in advance Regards Steve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-and-ms-exchange-where-are-my-emails.733660/
Relevancy 66.65%

I was having same problem this morning.
Most of my simple text messages would get sent.

I have Windows XP & Outlook 2003

A:Outlook 2003 can't send emails

Hi bobkatbf

I have moved your post to its own thread.

Are you receiving any error messages?
If so, can you post the error messages here, please?

Do you have e-mail scanning enabled in your anti-virus?
If so, disable e-mail scanning and attempt to send a Test message addressed to yourself.

Let us know what you find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cant-send-emails.734898/
Relevancy 66.65%

I ve been using XP updated and Outlook for years with the emails Outlook 2003 dropping same basic configuration I have email accounts AOL and Road Runner configured and generally working OK In the past several months I have noticed when receiving new mail some that appear for a couple of seconds and then disappear into nowhere There are from senders that I have setup up as approved and still some are just deleted I call and after resending I get them I have had reports that people send me emails that I have not seen There are other reports of this Outlook 2003 dropping emails issue or like this one on verious forums and I have Outlook 2003 dropping emails disabled all rules filters utilites etc and verified and tested my account settings I have not seen any solutions posted to my situation however and would like to know where the emails go to look for others I have missed and how to prevent this in the future I hope you can help RHW nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Has anyone ever exported emails from Outlook 2003 into Excel? There isn't a whole lot of user intervention. You select the format of your output and it dumps the info into an Excel spreadsheet. Lots of columns of data. This is handy for investigative work but I don't see where the date and time stamp are carried over. Is there a work around or do I need to select a different export format? This would be extremely helpful. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-emails-from-outlook-2003.286184/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

I have very strange problem with outlook 2003. the emails that I sent has successfully moved to sent items. but the receiver has never received it. there is not problem when I send by webmail. does anyone know what might be the causer?

Thanks

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys,

I have been using Outlook 2003 for quite some time now. I use POP email accounts - no exchange server etc. I have Archived the account that I have been unable to receive emails to, and exported the .PST to the default backup file. I have even used the Compact feature in the Options menu. This works for a day or so then the same problem persists.

I can receive emails via webmail so I know the problem in client side.

Have you any suggestions on how I can get this working properly again within Outlook?

Can't wait to hear about new things to try to resolve the issue.

R

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-receive-emails.826421/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have problem to restore emails into outlook 2003. I have followed the steps suggested by microsoft to import pst. file, but then there is error mesage to debug the script. what should I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/restore-emails-in-outlook-2003.545306/
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok so my inbox is categorized into subfolders. And one of them into another subfolder. After compacting the mail suddenly all my mail in one of the subfolders vanished. They're not hidden from the view nor are they in the deleted folder. I try the fix to look for them at the Recycle Bin but they're not there. I look at the store folder and the .dbx files are still there but somehow they're not showing at my Outlook Express? I tried doing system restore and all to no avail. Is there anyway I can fix this without purchasing something? Or any workaround.

And no unfortunately I do not have any backup.
Please help. Thanks.

A:Outlook Express 6 can't view emails but dbx still in store folders...

Microsoft has abandoned Outlook Express a long time ago in favor of Live Mail which is now Outlook.com. If you upgrade to either Live Mail or Outlook.com you can import your .dbx files and your folders will probably appear.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-express-6-cant-view-emails-but-dbx-still-in-store-folders-739801.html
Relevancy 66.22%

We have Outlook 2007 on every PC in our Office. Somehow, whenever I want to move an email (right-click on hold, move from inbox to desktop, release mousebutten, confirm move) the result is different on XP and Vista PC's.

On my pc e.g. (XP) the email is removed from the inbox. On several Vista-PCs the email remains.

Somehow these small differences can drive one mad!

First feature (removing) is wanted. Is there a way to change it for the Vista-Outlooks?

A:Outlook 2007, moving emails to desktop (or other folders)

OK, it's definitely a Vista related problem because one of the Vista PC's has the same Office Edition like I have on XP and reacts differently. Anyone experiencing the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-moving-emails-to-desktop-or-other-folders.838080/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Folks,

I have a strange issue, recently we've migrated to outlook 2010, and following this process some of my outlook 2010 folders are not grouping emails into conversations. Andy idea what would be the cause/fix for this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

A:Outlook 2010, Some folders do not group emails into conversations

Hi.

go through this View email messages by conversation - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/222692-outlook-2010-some-folders-do-not-group-emails-into-conversations.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have four emails stuck in my outbox of Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have 7 email addresses that download into outlook, but only one of them is stuck. I've tried opening them and resending, moving them to my inbox and resending, and redoing them. It's like outlook will just not send from that email address. I've used it for years, so I don't think it could be a setting issue - it just happened all of the sudden. I don't have any big attachments on any of the emails.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 65.79%

I'm running Window 7 Home Premium 32bit upgraded from Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Toshiba Satellite A205. Vista indexed Outlook 2003 PST files just fine and it worked great-one of my favorite features on Vista. After the upgrade, 7 can't find the emails but does find everything else. I had to install a 3rd party desktop search, Exalead, which works fine but it's a little slow. Any ideas? Thanks

A:search won't find Outlook 2003 emails

Quote: Originally Posted by niveusgaius

I'm running Window 7 Home Premium 32bit upgraded from Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Toshiba Satellite A205. Vista indexed Outlook 2003 PST files just fine and it worked great-one of my favorite features on Vista. After the upgrade, 7 can't find the emails but does find everything else. I had to install a 3rd party desktop search, Exalead, which works fine but it's a little slow. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi Niveusgaiu, Welcome to SF,

Do you have like Google Apps or any other third party search application installed ?? Try to add "*" before the Keyword that used to work lot of times.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/59667-search-wont-find-outlook-2003-emails.html
Relevancy 65.79%

About 2-3 weeks ago, my outlook 2003 has started trying to send 3 emails upon opening Outlook, and when it performs its auto send/receive. It errors out with an error 551(0x800CCC6B), cannot relay messages. The problem is, there are no emails in the outbox. I have performed a scanpst.exe, and it said it fixed some errors...but not this one. I performed a fix with Ontrack Data recovery...but no luck there either. The only thing I have not tried is to backup the pst and not include the outbox....there has to be a better way. All of my research shows this to be an OE error, but it is Outlook. ANY IDEAS?? This is driving me crazy!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Outlook 2003 trying to send Ghost emails

New additions...I have now tried the detect/repair feature in Outlook...to no avail. Need Help....Anybody!?!?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-trying-to-send-ghost-emails.308537/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am ruuning outlook under windows xp service pack updates upto date as of a couple of days ago I also run norton internet security again up to date as off a couple of days ago I have for some weeks been experiencing a problem with outlook I download mail from gmail and for each item received I am getting an email generated back to the sender which is basically an advert for a electrical wholesaler My spam filter is trapping this and putting them into the spam directory although I suspect that an email to my compete address book may have gone out The email has no attachements but does have a url link Norton reports no problems with any viruses or problems with the mail item generated I have chatted to Norton support which has got me no where When I down load mail I have been getting a pop up informing me that my security cert has expired and do I wish to carry on without it whether this coincided with the start of the problem I do not know So where do I start attempting to find this obviously something is generating these emails attache a hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at a m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT outlook sends emails spam 2003 out MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe outlook 2003 sends out spam emails C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Nikon Wireless Camera Setup Utility NkPtpEnum exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS outlook 2003 sends out spam emails SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Arcade PCMService exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin outlook 2003 sends out spam emails jusched exe C PROGRA BTHOME HELP SMARTB BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files btbb wcm McciTrayApp exe C PROGRA YAHOO browser ybrwicon exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Configuration Utility RtlWake exe D Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C PROGRA YAHOO browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exe D PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files BT Home Hub Help bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA YAHOO MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Configuration Utility RtWLan exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stuff co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www stuff co nz R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Wind... Read more

A:outlook 2003 sends out spam emails

additional info: A friend suggested I change my gmail password which I did. I then amended the outlook account. As part of this I ran the test option to make sure the login to gmail still worked.
The body of the test email which arrived in my mailbox was infact the same as the spam emails being generated on receipt of an email!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sends-out-spam-emails.729331/
Relevancy 65.79%

In Outlook I can t send or receive emails I keep getting error message x b - re operation timed out waiting for a response from the recieving POP server I have contacted my ISP who has checked out outlook can't send or receive emails 2003 my outlook 2003 can't send or receive emails email settings which by the way work on my laptop The ISP technician suggested I reinstall MS Outlook which I have done Microsoft suggests that I might have a clash with my email anti-virus program which is Trend Micro P-Cillin Internet security Outlook runs and opens the calendar updates but the emails just stopped sending and receiving at the end of April In desperation I set up an account in Outlook Express with the same settings and it worked I am connected to the internet via an adsl router modem There are two other computers on the router all receiving and sending emails I still think its a block somewhere from P-Cillin but can t prove it My subscription is ending in the next few weeks for P-Cillin internet security so I thought I might not renew and take it off the computer But remembering the problem I had with removing Nortons on another computer last year I also would like advice before I try to remove P-Cillin Internet Security Any suggestions to get the emails going again would be welcome or help in removal of P-Cillin nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

PLEASE HELP!!! I have recently installed quickbook 2008 and designated MS Outlook 2003 to send emails. Now I can send emails through Outlook but cannot receive. Tried ticking the send/receive button but nothing happen. Cannot go to "define send/receive group" for setting.

A:Cannot receive emails in outlook 2003, but can send

Hi dtran72329

Why are you unable to go to Define Send/Receive group?
What happens when you try?

Please post the exact error message you receive when trying to Receive messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-receive-emails-in-outlook-2003-but-can-send.744029/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an end user that is not receiving replys to her email but can receive new messages. any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-not-receiving-reply-emails.1089677/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

One of our users is having a problem where random appointments are disappearing from his outlook
we have an exchange server and the user also has an HTC which via active sync he receives emails and can check his calendar.
I have tried recreating the outlook profile and re creating the users .ost file
i have also re synchronized the users htc and owe have also re installed MS office, however the problem seems to persist.

if anyone at all can help please try.

thanx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-emails-and-appointments-dissapear-317330.html
Relevancy 65.79%

While working with our ISP (Megapath) when I was having a problem sending emails, they managed to help me correct that problem. But, in the process, they created some new problems for my wife and me in terms of our use of Outlook. The most vexing problem is that now when we delete an email, whether opened or not, there is simply a strike-through line through the email, but it's still there in the inbox and it can be readily reopened.

Formerly, when I deleted an email, it would go into the "Deleted Items" folder, from which I could quickly delete all items in this folder.

I want to get back to former way Outlook 2003 handled emails for us.

Any suggestions?

If it isn't clear, neither my wife nor I are technologically sophisticated.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2003 -- How to fully delete emails

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Read the Links below ..

How to Hide Strikethrough Messages in Outlook
How to Purge Deleted Messages in Outlook - About Email

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/335507-outlook-2003-how-fully-delete-emails.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello All,
My client asked me if he could send an email to all his clients through Outlook 2003 that he has sorted in a certain category. I explained how he would do that (using the Actions menu, New Message to Contact, etc.). The problem now is that this process only uses the first email from each contact. In this situation, the email needs to go out to all email addresses within a contact (example, it may be a husband and wife in one contact and the email needs to reach both).

ANYWAY, does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance, Randy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sending-emails-using-outlook-2003-and-categories.376415/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have not been able to send e-mails via microsoft outlook 2003 since Tuesday this week.
From my pc it looks as though they have been sent; but when I check with the intended target, they ahve not got them.

I have no problems in receiving them.

I have checked the POP3 & SMTP settings and they are as they have always been.

Can anybody please help me.

Thanks

A:Outlook 2003: can recieve, but not able to send emails

retype in the outward server settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-can-recieve-but-not-able-to-send-emails-159828.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys,

I have a user that all her emails that come in HTML have to be opened up first inorder to be printed. All other forms like plaine text and rich text are fine. You can just highlight the email and print it with no error message.
She is using Word and the email editor. I have looked at all the settings but cannot find the problem. She is also unable to print if it has a header page as well.
She is using all Office 2003 apps on her pc which is running XP. She is the only person I can find that this is happening to as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-not-able-to-print-html-emails.408852/
Relevancy 65.79%

emails are coming thru from various people header and subject in-tact and the body 2003 message emails outlook blank of the email is blank Some emails are coming thru correctly and we can see the message others are coming thru with the address and subject line okay outlook 2003 emails message blank but the message is missing Last week this outlook wouldn t send emails error sorry that domain isn t in my list of allowed rcpthosts after checking settings we tried various antivirus and found one exploit iframe removed it Also a window would popup when entering outlook and try to install outlook 2003 emails message blank an addin so we put the office cd in so it could install we told it to detect and repair and it installed over outlook loosing the outlook personal folder we realized too late that it was the professional version not the premium version that had been outlook 2003 emails message blank installed originally so we had to pull the pst file from a backup it seemed to work and then she started receiving these blank message emails go-daddy com is our email server and we ve checked the settings there some of the emails that are blank are coming from our people on the same mail server do you have any suggestions about what is going on and what to do about it kfrye nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

One of the staff in our office is having problems with her Outlook. She's using Outlook 2003 SP1 on WinXP Pro SP2. She recieves a number of html emails from newsletters (such as Expedia). Today she has been unable to launch any of the links in her browser. There are no information panes prompting her to enable the links. As a test another member of staff sent her an email with a url, but this also would not launch the link in her browser. Additionally, when hovering over the link the tool tip displayed 'blocked:' and the url.

I've searched for information online, but so far haven't been able to find out why it's doing this - or more importantly how to unblock these urls. Can anyone help?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-blocking-links-in-emails.564462/
Relevancy 65.36%

I would think some smart computer geek (and I use that term as an accolade) could
come up with a Firefox Add-On that could automatically, or selectively as desired,
be embedded in or attached to emails irregardless of browser that would be activated
upon opening and send notification to the sender that it has been opened.

If legal constraints require, it could maybe ask for permission to send notification,
but that kind of nullifies lots of the reasons for something like that in the first place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-about-a-firefox-addon-to-notify-when-emails-are-opened.152911/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello friends,

Please can someone help me out in creating a macro that can save me from many troubles with my bosses . I work as a Procurement & logistics coordinator and I need Excel 2003 to send an email to the supplier or the forwarder at a specified condition. I have lots of orders pending and it's difficult to follow them up

I have attached the Excel file with a formala that displays the followup action that could be taken in "column D". For exemple if in D6 there is "Supplier", Excel will send an email to the email address in H6, and with a subject the Purchase order Reference, E6, and content of email for exemple: "Please provide us with the status of Subject PO"

Many thanks my friends

Kaki1956

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-followup-to-send-emails-via-outlook.950542/
Relevancy 65.36%

My windows Vista clock shows correct time, however MS Outlook 2003 indicates incorrect time on incoming emails and calendar. HOw do I rectify?

A:ms outlook 2003 wrong time in calendar & emails

Hi warrensearles, welcome to TSF..

long shot but do you have Daylight Saving Time enabled?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-outlook-2003-wrong-time-in-calendar-and-emails-282609.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I am running outlook 2003 on a windows xp machine. I configured outlook for a IMAP connection to gmail.

It was working fine for several months. Then, all of a sudden I noticed that when I deleted an email from my inbox or any other folder in outlook, it just disappeared. It didn't go the Deleted Items folder as it had been since I first configured the IMAP connection.

I've read many online posts of others having similar problems, with there deleted emails just disappearing.

I know this should work, because it DID work for me for several months.

I'm not aware of changing any settings, so not sure why this started happening.

Thanks for your help!

A:Outlook 2003 and IMAP - deleted emails not going to trash

Might be a patch that "fixed" this, since it is not going to trash for outlook 2010.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-and-imap-deleted-emails-not-going-to-trash.1065899/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am currently supporting a number of users having problems with outlook 2003. One of the pressing issues I'm dealing with at the moment has to do with when user reply to emails sent to them in Plain Text format.

The user's I support use either HTML or Rich Text format in Creating and Editting emails. The problem here is when they reply to emails sent to them in Plain Text format, they find that the format signature get messed up(say they lose their styles, size and colours).

Has anyone encountered this problem before and is there any work around.

A:Outlook 2003 - Reply to emails sent in Plaint text

When selecting the [Reply] button, Outlook always creates a message following the format of the original message (Plain Text, Rich Text, or HTML). You can then change it to the look you desire by selecting the [message Format] button, to your format of choice.

As for any Signature Lines that may already be inserted, you will just need to manually edit to make it what you now want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-reply-to-emails-sent-in-plaint-text.478752/
Relevancy 65.36%

This hasn't always been the case, but recently when i double click to open an html email from the inbox, it takes over a full minute to open, and pretty much freezes everything up until it's open. i can't work like this! It seems most email are html formatted, so working in outlook is almost impossible!

I'm working on XP SP2 with Office 2003 prof.

Please, if anybody has some suggestions as to how to fix this, please help!!!!! I would be so grateful!

Thanks.

A:HTML emails open VERY SLOW in Outlook 2003

sounds to me that you have a lot running at the same time. Outlook is very memory intenseve so will use up your system ram. If other items are running also the system then uses your hard drive as virtual memory. This can make things slow right down.
Do a CTRL ATL DELETE to bring up task manager and look at processes to see what is going on in the background. Close some stuff down from here. Also do a spyware and virus check. The best thing is to close as much down on your PC to see if this improves outlook. If it does then we have proved my point.
For free spywear removal try Spybot at http://www.spybot.info/en/ also AVG free for antivirus at http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/html-emails-open-very-slow-in-outlook-2003.572713/
Relevancy 65.36%

I can send but not receive email in outlook 2003 since our daughter switched our Comcast to their new X10 platform. I called Comcast 4 days ago and only received 2 callbacks saying someone would call me in 24 hours, 48 hours later each. Error box says incoming server could not be found. Asus G53S laptop, Win7, i7. max ram.
She had us scheduled to change to ATT like she has but after she and the kids spent the holiday break here she was very happy with Comcast programming and cancelled ATT. She set up Xfinity's new X10 for us and is even ordering it for her house.

A:Outlook 2003 won't receive emails since switching to Xfinity

You most likely need to set the correct server addresses in Outlooks settings panel for the email account.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail...rosoft-Outlook-2003-email/m-p/1579203#M223938

Try the above link

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-receive-emails-since-switching-to-xfinity.1163977/
Relevancy 65.36%

Scenario PC used by the secretary Laptop used by the boss not always on-site Both have the same email account on them PC is set to keep mail on server for days I think the laptop is also set to keep mail on server for Wierd with 2003 receiving Outlook problem old emails days boss is on holiday at the mo Tends to work ok most of the time but every so often the PC has a problem where it gets a surge of emails going back more than days She just called me in this morning and I can see that emails are going back until June which is about days The laptop does not suffer from this problem It s not the first time we ve looked into this problem We thought that after last time the problem wouldn t re-occur The PC is on a wireless connection with a low signal so the secretary sometimes gets the x CCC F error in Outlook but I doubt that s anything to do with emails remaining on the server Ideas anyone nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

O S Emails Problem - Solved: Outlook Duplicate 2003 - Windows XP SP Application - Outlook SP Email Server Type - IMAP Background - Recently re-installed MS Office due to Word Exel Outlook crashing with a xc exception turned out it was a Network Printer problem which I ve now resolved Current Problem - Outlook is downloading TWO IDENTICAL Solved: Duplicate Emails Problem - Outlook 2003 COPY emails and If I delete or send to Junk Folder one copy Solved: Duplicate Emails Problem - Outlook 2003 it deletes moves the other copy If I view my emails using my Web Browser based email client I only see ONE copy of the email as it should be A couple of things I ve noticed about Outlook behaving differently is - a The Send Receive progress does nt Solved: Duplicate Emails Problem - Outlook 2003 show anymore b If I navigate on Outlook to Tools Option Mail Setup - when I select the Send Receive Options nothing happens there are no further options the same is true if I try to access the Send Receive Options via the toolbar c The st of the duplicate emails is blank with the following header - quot This is a message header The Full Item has not been downloaded quot the nd duplicate email has the relevant email information Any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Duplicate Emails Problem - Outlook 2003

Well try this...go on the webmail and create a new folder and move all the emails to the new folder ...
That should take care of this issue which happens becoz of email corruption and remember its an imap account i.e.mirror image of webmail ...so if you delete emails in webmail or outlook you wont be able to find them anywhere

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-duplicate-emails-problem-outlook-2003.908810/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

Re-installed OL2003 and realized that it was going to download all 2GB of mail on my POP3 server if I didn't tell it otherwise.

I am sure I used to know the answer to this, but cannot find it: how does one specify that the program should only download recent emails, as my pst file already contains all the messages on the server except for the past two days?

Many thanks,

GPG

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi im new to using outlook but i do have some programing experience what i want to do is that whenever i close an email message i want this macro to run but i dont know how to do this and if that is possible is there a way to make this macro run only on the first time i read the mail please help I m trying to use WithEvents to get the closing mailItem event to trigger my macro i found this code off the internet for getting the mailitem but i cant seem to get it to work help plzzz Dim WithEvents vInspectors As Outlook Inspectors Dim WithEvents vExplorers As Outlook Explorers Dim WithEvents vExplorer As Outlook Explorer Dim WithEvents vMailItem As Outlook MailItem I use the following code to get the vMailItem variable set Private Sub Class Initialize Set vInspectors Application Inspectors Set vExplorers Application Explorers If Not ActiveExplorer Is Nothing Then Set vExplorer when emails 2003 running Macro closing Outlook ActiveExplorer If TypeName vExplorer Selection Item quot MailItem quot Then Set vMailItem vExplorer Selection Outlook 2003 running Macro when closing emails Item End If End If End Sub Private Sub Class Terminate Set vInspectors Nothing Set vExplorer Nothing Set vExplorers Nothing Set vMailItem Nothing End Sub Private Sub vExplorer SelectionChange If vExplorer Selection Count And TypeName vExplorer Selection Item quot MailItem quot Then Set vMailItem vExplorer Selection Item End Sub Private Sub vExplorers NewExplorer ByVal Explorer As Explorer Set vExplorer Explorer If TypeName vExplorer Selection Item quot MailItem quot Then Set vMailItem vExplorer Selection Item End If End Sub Private Sub vInspectors NewInspector ByVal Inspector As Inspector If TypeName Inspector CurrentItem quot MailItem quot Then Set vMailItem Inspector CurrentItem End If End Sub and then after this i guess i use Private Sub vMailItem Close my codes for the macro end sub Is that right nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-running-macro-when-closing-emails.859505/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have windows XP Professional.

In Outlook 2002 I have set up my Inbox to group my e-mails by Subject. I am able to merge two different email subject lines into one by using drag and drop. When I do this the subject line I am dragging changes into the name of the subject line I am dropping it into.
I can not do this in Outlook 2003, it doesn't allow me to drag anything. Is there any way you know of to be able to accomplish the same thing as in Outloook 2002.
Tks and rgds
Larry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merge-subject-lines-outlook-2003-emails.589593/
Relevancy 65.36%

As a new "security" feature of Outlook 2003, you can no longer send / recieve Office files as attachments (so it would seem). Is there any simple way of disabling this?

Thanks,
Dan

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi
I am having a problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003. It is very slow opening emails, sometimes taking 5-8 seconds to open. I recently had some problems with my PC downloading and installing microsoft updates but this seems to be sorted now. I have tried to repair Outlook but to no avail.
Please help!!
Ta

A:Microsoft Outlook 2003 very slow opening emails

Do you have some AV scanning them before opening?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook-2003-very-slow-opening-emails.77023/
Relevancy 65.36%

Can someone suggest what I can to do correct the Restriction error that I am receiving on all Links in All my emails?

I am using Outlook 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-restriciton-error-on-all-links-in-all-emails.843479/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have over 200 emails I need to print in Outlook, however, when I select all, it gives me this error:

"One or more of the items you tried to print does not support printing and did not print."

I can print each on individually from the same preview pane, but I have a
task at hand where I need to print some 200 messages. I even narrowed it down by attempting to take 5-6 at a time to see if there is an isolated error, but it still gives me the error message on many different variations I try when selecting multiples. Again, I can print each individually, but not by selecting all at one time.

Any Ideas??!!?? Please Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-multiple-emails-in-outlook-2003-problem.680431/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've decided to make my laptop my main computer so my wife can use the desktop so I tried moving my emails and contacts the way I always do; I copy my 'outlook' file from the desktop and paste it into the default location on the laptop after removing the original 'outlook' file.
I've done this lotsa times, normally I move the location onto my D drive so I can back it up easier but this time it didn't work.
I also tried 'importing' them but that didn't work either, everything imported except my IN folder. I've been fiddling around with it and now have the laptop back to where it started with just it's original Personal folder, but now I have 2 Personal folders which are both empty.
What am I doing wrong¿

Relevancy 65.36%

So we are using an exchange server here and outlook is not sending mail. It can receive it, but it can send it. The mail just sits in the Outbox. Here is the funny thing I noticed. You can create emails and click send, but they go directly to outbox, no further. Then in the tool bar there is no Send/Receive button and I can't add it back in via the customize toolbar menu. It seems to have disappeared from there as well. Any help? Anyone?

I saw alot of people ask this question online, but not alot of answers.

A:Outlook 2003-No Send/Receive Button, Emails do come in...

are you hosting your own exchange servers? must be something not configured properly there...

try to add a pop/imap or web email like gmail or hotmail to outlook to verify that you can send receive fine and the problem is that the server is not configured properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-no-send-receive-button-emails-do-come-in.839385/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

i have windows XP and outlook 2003,

i've just started to get lots of symantec popups scanning emails, i get so many (100 in 40secs) none of which i sent, i cant do much else apart from disable the internet to stop it. Norton antivirus hasn't detected anything, nor has ad-aware pro. Im not sure if it is only when i open outlook or just 5 minutes after being on the internet, however it hasnt happened whilst writing this and outlook isnt open.

outlook has two email inboxes, one hotmail and another uni email.

please could you help me, is this a virus trying to spam people from my computer, how can i detect it?

any help would be much appreciated! ....please help!

adam

Relevancy 65.36%

I have several years of old Pop3 emails, and mostly in sub folders to Personal Folder, and a large in-box. I wanted to move these all to a web based email, even if it means to my same Comcast account (but would prefer to a new G Mail acct). I want to do this just to keep them available, even if in an offline mode, for reference. Is there a way to do this ? I am on Win XP, and also thinking of going to Linux if this is possible in that OS.

Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I have a strange problem which is that my MS Office Outlook 2003 keeps trying to send emails but I don't have any to send At the bottom it says Sending 1 of 1,2 or 3 messages!! But there is nothing to send!! The out box is empty!! The out boxes on Yahoo, Gmail etc are empty....In fact every folder is empty!!!I have several email accounts using Outlook but everything seems to be sent OK and received. Sometimes I get a error code 553...address not verified!! Or that the server took longer to answer than it should have taken. And these errors messages are a pain.I am using a Windows Xp Pro Sp2(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

A:Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Trying To Send Emails I'm Not Sending

Problem solved!!! It was several stuck read receipts. The answer is here:http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102486/microsoft-office-outlook-2003-trying-to-send-emails-im-not-sending/
Relevancy 64.5%

I had to do a Windows 7 repair/install, I made a back up of everything---- but forgot about e-mails

I reinstalled outlook but no exiting e-mails shown, are they still available or have they been wiped, I checked with my server but they are wiped when they are down loaded

A:trying to locate ms office outlook 2003 emails after windows 7 repair

You try using the Inbox Repair Tool:
Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) | MSOutlook.info

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188498-trying-locate-ms-office-outlook-2003-emails-after-windows-7-repair.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi How do I get Outlook to display emails when viewing not editing in Arial and not in Times New Roman I have tried everything And am getting DESPERATE I have tried setting internet in can Arial HECK - view my I (not 2003 the how Outlook emails Times)? explorer I tried MSIE too out of desperation but have now uninstalled it MSIE gt Tools gt Internet Options gt Fonts gt Latin Based gt WebPage Font Arial I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Message format gt Word to Edit email messages But this Word is not used when just VIEWing an email I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Outlook 2003 - how the HECK can I view my emails in Arial (not Times)? Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Use this stationery by default gt None AND I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Use this stationery by default gt Johns Stationery I specially set up Johns Stationery with Arial pt in use but this makes no difference to viewing an email I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Use this stationery by default gt Fonts gt When composing a new message gt Arial regular points AND I have also Outlook 2003 - how the HECK can I view my emails in Arial (not Times)? tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Use this stationery by default gt Fonts gt When replying and forwarding gt Arial regular points AND I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Use this stationery by default gt Fonts gt When composing and reading plain text gt Arial regular points AND I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Use this stationery by default gt Fonts gt International Font gt Western European gt Proportional Font gt Arial gt Set as user defined AND I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Stationery Fonts gt Use the font specified in stationery if specified AND I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Stationery Fonts gt Use my font when replying and forwarding AND I have also tried Outlook gt Tools gt Options gt Mail Format gt Stationery and Fonts gt Stationery Fonts gt Always use my fonts I have even changed the signature to no signature and I have tried editing the signature to be in Arial AND later I tried rebuilding the signature to have text but to not have any font NONE of the above seem to have any effect on how an new HTML email is displayed if it does not contain its own font Can anyone help Before I give up the will to live John

A:Outlook 2003 - how the HECK can I view my emails in Arial (not Times)?

Default font in Outlook 2003 should be Courier New, and NOT Times New Roman.

What do you have in MSIE8 > Tools > Internet Options > Fonts > Latin Based > Plain text Font ?
Try to change it too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/198752-outlook-2003-how-heck-can-i-view-my-emails-arial-not-times.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello All I use Microsoft Outlook and am unable to send any Emails at all even to myself for the last two days but have able to receive them from others The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX system is Microsoft Windows XP Prof Version SP CPU MB RAM My Web browser is Mozilla Firefox internet provider Time Warner Cable and they would not help me as they said my email is a third party even though my email is a Time Warner email address and they do not support any third party emails I have restored the computer But to in Outlook Emails 2003 Receive send Unable Microsoft Can twice back to when the Email worked properly to no avail I have avast antivirus Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive running continually and I ran Malwarebytes anti-malware which only came up with some Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive PUPs and that didn't help When I checked the error message that appeared in the lower right of the screen it said- Task 'pop-server ca rr com-Sending'reportederror x CCC 'Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responeded Authentication is required before sending R I went to the Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive email settings under Tools and under Outgoing Server I checked off Outgoing server needs authentication That didn t help even after restarting Now I keep getting the small rectangle that says Enter network password I have no idea what that password is when I enter the email password that does nothing and that small screen won t go away When I close email it reopens and I get new emails with that Enter Network Password screen popping up again and I still can t send any emails Under Tools-Email Account-Change-Test Account-Settings here is what I got Tests Establish network connection Completed Find Outgoing mail Server SMTP Completed Find Incoming Mail Server POP Completed Log onto Mail Server PO Failed Send Test email Failed Errors Outlook could not connect to the SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name or password Logon to incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming POP mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password I would appreciate any help you can give me As I am not very good with computers and only know the basics please explain things and all instructions in the simplest of terms I prefer to keep my email account as it is because I would like all my emails in one place Thank you in advance

A:Unable to send Emails in Microsoft Outlook 2003 But Can Receive

You might try posting the issue in the Time Warner customer help forum in the Email category.http://forums.timewarnercable.com/Hopefully someone there will be able to help you get this issue resolved.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553056/unable-to-send-emails-in-microsoft-outlook-2003-but-can-receive/
Relevancy 64.07%

Outlook will not create new folders in left pane in normal boot.
Booting in Safe Mode will allow outlook to create new folders.
Suggestions ?

A:no new folders in outlook 2003 win7

I still use Outlook 2003. Have you tried Detect and Repair? (Its under Help).

(I used to live in KC)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/369716-no-new-folders-outlook-2003-win7.html
Relevancy 64.07%

In my Outlook 2003 I have 2 sets of identical private folders for my mail, and I can not see how to delete one of them.
By right click on one of them there are no possibilities to delete.
If I make a subfolder, this will also appear in the other set. If I delete a subfolder in one of them, this will also be deleted in the other set.

Any hints?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/double-set-of-folders-in-outlook-2003.630938/
Relevancy 64.07%

Could anybody tell me, step by step, how to do for folding every file in Outlook 2003? I have a special file already partially filled (I don't know when and how), but, by now, I cannot get anything to file. Also, I have the respective filed folders in the application, all of them absolutely empty. I click "file" but nothing happens. I have never seen the windows asking me about this issue as said in "help". It's impossible to find anything at this respect in internet. I have thousands of messages in both out and in folders and the applications opens extremely slow. Many thanks and regards.

A:How To Folders File In Outlook 2003

I discovered America!!!!!!!!!!!! I already fixed the problem. But, does it makes the application lighter?Many thanks and regardsCould anybody tell me, step by step, how to do for folding every file in Outlook 2003? I have a special file already partially filled (I don't know when and how), but, by now, I cannot get anything to file. Also, I have the respective filed folders in the application, all of them absolutely empty. I click "file" but nothing happens. I have never seen the windows asking me about this issue as said in "help". It's impossible to find anything at this respect in internet. I have thousands of messages in both out and in folders and the applications opens extremely slow. Many thanks and regards.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140214/how-to-folders-file-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am wondering if there is anyway to send a folder from your Outlook Mailbox to another user. My folder is divided into subfolders so it would be really inconvienient to have to try to go in and select every file manually. Any workarounds?

Desi

A:Outlook 2003 - Sending Folders

You can't attach a folder (it will only be a shortcut to the real folder), but it's easy to select a whole batch of messages inside a folder.

Click on the folder to open it.
Now click on the first message-header in right-hand pane.
Hold down SHIFT and click on last message at bottom of headers list.
This automatically selects ALL items in that folder.
Right-click anywhere inside highlighted list and choose 'Forward Items'.
A new email window will open with all the items attached.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-sending-folders-60465.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Can someone please tell what the value is and what does Synchronizing folders do. I know there was a tread sometime back on this subject but it did not include XP or outlook 2003. This Synchronizing process shuts my system every time it starts and it seems it is doing it more often. What can be done about. Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-synchronizing-folders.1012300/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I am having a strange problem on a computer Outlook SENT Unable folder - encrypted view 2003/Exchange in to emails where the user is unable to view encrypted via MS Unable to view encrypted emails in SENT folder - Outlook 2003/Exchange Exchange Cert Authority emails in her SENT folder She can open encrypted emails in her INBOX normally I have checked her encryption certificate in Active Directory Outlook and IE I have removed her key via IE and reinstalled it I have reinstalled Office When she attempts to open an encrypted message from her SENT folder it asks for her password BUT the password is not accepted It's the same password she uses to open an encrypted message in the INBOX Outlook is up to date with patches and the back end is Exchange Outlook is not running in cached mode As a test I had her send herself an encrypted email She could open THAT email from her SENT folder but only that email Is there a setting to clear her encryption key completely I don't know where else to look as I've never had this issue come up before Thank you Eric

A:Unable to view encrypted emails in SENT folder - Outlook 2003/Exchange

I wonder if anything in this post might help:
Outlook 2010: Instant Search not working

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/227772-unable-view-encrypted-emails-sent-folder-outlook-2003-exchange.html
Relevancy 63.64%

If I never deleted some personal folders, they still have to be there somewhere right? If someone clicks CLOSE PERSONAL FOLDERS, does that delete them? There has to be a way to restore them if they are missing from the Mailbox tree.

A:Recover Personal Folders In Outlook 2003

Hi, jgadrummer:If all you did was use the option to Close Personal Folders, the file will still exist somewhere on your computer. If you can find the personal folder file(.pst), you can add it back to Outlook by using the Mail icon in the Control Panel. Click Data Files..., Add..., follow the rest of the prompts by selecting the proper personal folders file type, and locate and select your Personal Folders file. By default, mine opened in the folder location where the existing personal folders file was located.Hope that helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65750/recover-personal-folders-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently had to reload my computer from scratch. I reinstalled Outlook 2003 which is connected through an Exchange Server. Since reinstalling I have been unable to create new folders through Outlook. However, I can create new folders by going through a web access function. This, of course, makes no sense to me at all. I am hopeful someone can clarify to me what it is I need to do to correct this problem.

Thank you.

A:unable to create folders in Outlook 2003

Are you sure that you have all of the Exchange setting entered correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-create-folders-in-outlook-2003.899709/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi. Recently installed Outlook 2003 on new Dell Laptop. Have heavily used Favorit Folders Pane in Outlook in the past. On my new laptop however, every time Outlook closes or I power down, the Favorite Folders Pane forgets/deletes all the folders I've put there. Kind of a Pain in the tuchus. Is there a way to save my changes that I'm not figuring?

Also... recently noticed that when I respond to an email in Outlook, my response font that I see is severely enlarged. Does not seem to come back to me that way. Any way to reset this also?

Thanks. Will

A:Outlook 2003 Favorite Folders Pane

Having the same problem with a user here with the folders disappearing... best we could find was when you make the folder make sure there are no special characters... especially / as it just deletes the folder... course this wasn't our particular problem still won't save the folders...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-favorite-folders-pane.476127/
Relevancy 63.64%

MS Outlook 2003 on XP Pro
Computer was originally set up with XP on drive C: and Office 2003 on Drive D. Recently backed up D but not C, then deleted all partitions, reformatted, repartitioned and re-installed XP on C: drive. My problem is that I didn’t specifically back up the mail folders in Outlook just before I formatted everything and I can’t find them in the new installation (or the backup to import them into the new copy of Outlook). Entire computer searches for pst, ost, dbx, & mailbox don't find anything useful. Anybody know where they'd be hiding? Even if the old ones are gone, the new installation must have these folders stashed somewhere but I can't find them either. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 63.64%

I just got a new computer and my folders in Outlook are arranged differently than I would like. I can fix this by right clicking on the top of the folder pane and unchecking the "Show in Groups" box, then rt click again, go to Custom..., Other Settings... and uncheck the "Use Multi-line Layout..." box. But I have a few hundred folders, so that will take a long time.

So I have two questions:

1. Can I do all of my folders at the same time?
2. How do I make all new folders the same way?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-mail-folders-view.668034/
Relevancy 63.64%

I use with acceptable good results this application and have been quot believing quot I was saving my folders As a matter of fact when I manually run quot file quot from the file menu for every folder it seems to start filing at the right bottom of screen But but when I open the respective quot filed Outlook 2003's Folders Filing (saving) folders quot I do not find anything Nor has ever appeared the famous window asking me what Outlook 2003's Folders Filing (saving) to do Also the not filed folders remain equal There is a pst file with a few thousands of Kb in the hard disk but it doesn't seem to get modified What should I do In other words if filing or saving has Outlook 2003's Folders Filing (saving) been indeed done where are those messages How can I reach them if so Are saved messages suppose to disappear from the original folders I think they should but in this field everything is possible I deeply thank any help in this matter

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137671/outlook-2003s-folders-filing-saving/
Relevancy 63.64%

Appart of having to archive manually (it doesn't archive automatically), now Outlook 2003, presents the frequent disappearence of the favourite character of folders, giving bothering and loose of time. Many thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-favourite-folders-troubles.760342/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have set up a public folder on my exchange but now my co-workers and
I cannot do a quick search of that folder. Even when we try to begin
to type in a name, no suggestions for that name appear. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-searching-public-folders.330383/
Relevancy 63.64%

Anyone out there a whizz with Outlook 2003, in particular the proxy mailbox settings?

I have a user who used to have proxy rights to the inbox only of another mailbox, but this has now changed. It is easy enough to add inbox access by using File, Open, Other Users Folder etc. but how do you then remove that inbox from the list that appears under File, Open?

I have changed their mailbox rights on the server so they are no longer able to open the inbox, but ideally I need to remove the inbox from this list as for office politics I don't want the new user to know that they used to have this permission and now don't.

Have already searched the MS online help and not found anything so any ideas appreciated as don't really want to have to reinstall Outlook to get rid of it.

A:Outlook 2003 - Open Other Users Folders

The only way I've found to clear this list is to rebuild the Outlook profile. If someone else has a better fix, that would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-open-other-users-folders.317663/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently had a problem with Outlook I use Win XP Pro SP Office SP when it started refusing to retain my POP passwords on my email accounts After a lot of searching on the web I came to the conclusion that my user profile was corrupted and I set up a new user profile copied from the older user profile following directions on an MS KB article A number of programs had to be reinstalled -- they wouldn t work properly on the new profile Two problems were immediately evident My toolbar customizations would not stick After more searching I was able to solve this problem by renaming the old outcmd dat file with Folders Favorite in Problem 2003 Outlook and having Outlook generate a new one The problem I can t solve -- please help -- is one related to Favorite Folders I like using the Outlook Favorite Problem with Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003 Folders for instant access to my created subfolders Currenlty Outlook shows the default folders -- problem is when Problem with Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003 I add a folder -- any folder -- from the quot All Mail Folders quot list to the Favourite Folders it doesn t stick -- it s gone once I exit and relaunch Outlook How do I solve this issue I have ten or so email accounts and I just finished re-creating them so I would like to do this without creating a new Outlook profile if possible Another issue which may be relevant is that quot All Mail Folders quot shows TWO instances of quot Personal Folders quot each of which is a duplicate of another Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Problem with Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003

I had the same problems with the Favorites Folder and multiple Personal Folders and cured both problems by creating a new profile. In my case this was quite easy as I keep a Master Profile so all I had to do was copy it and delete the old Operational Profile.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-favorite-folders-in-outlook-2003.415114/
Relevancy 63.64%

Have noticed that I have 2 outlook.pst folders as in this jpg: outlook2folders.jpg
How do I get rid of the duplicate outlook.pst folder in the above jpg ?

Found link on MS site on this...BUT...I get the attached jpg errors when following directions: outlook2folders2.jpg

Found a registry edit to fix this but not for Win 7 Pro 64bit apparently ?

Running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Office 2003 (Outlook)

Thanks...TR

A:How to remove duplicate pst folders in Outlook 2003

Try this pal

Close Outlook
Goto "Control panel" "mail" "data files"

You will see the 2 pst files (personal folders) select the one you don't want then click "remove"

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/120169-how-remove-duplicate-pst-folders-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have my default email format set to .html. When I compose a new message it looks like everything's working just fine. I send my .html message and even in my sent box, it shows that my .html message formatted properly. However, when others open my messages, they have been converted to plain text. I've checked my office-mates computers and they do not have the setting "convert incoming messages to plain text" so that can't be the problem. I've tested it with 5 people using Outlook who can receive .html messages just fine. I've tested it with my Yahoo address to. For some reason, Outlook is converting my .html (and Rich Text too) email messages into plain text. Everyone else in the office sends and receives html email with a nicely formatted signature just fine. Why can't I? Please help!

I'm running Windows XP with Office 2003 SP 2.

Thanks,

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Bug - html outgoing emails converted to plain text

Do you have any anti-virus software running on the PC? Some antivirus software may install an Outlook add-in that may convert the message to plain text to avoid spreading of viruses. Check under your "Add-Ins" and disable them all to see if one of the add-ins is causing the problem. If you are on an Exchange server the admin may have also disabled this functionality.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-bug-html-outgoing-emails-converted-to-plain-text.760099/
Relevancy 62.78%

A user at my workplace intermittantly get the following error message when trying to open his archive folders on Outlook 2003:

Archive.pst is in use and could not be accessed. Close any application that is using this file, and then try again.

If he then closes Outlook and opens it again he usually can open his archive folders (he has about 6) but after opening several of them he gets the error message again. I initially thought it was a corrupt pst file but they can't all be corrupt.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.