Windows Support Forum

Changing Arabic Font Size in word 2000 pro

Q: Changing Arabic Font Size in word 2000 pro

Hi all, just 2 weeks back i've come across a new problem in Word2000. I've a friend try to change the font sizes in Word 2000 when using Arabic Fonts. But she is unable to do that. But if she were to try changing the Arabic Fonts size in Excel 2000, she will be able to do that. I've tried logging on as another user id (Windows 2000) but the problem persist.

Have also tried to repair office, un-install/re-install office, re-create a new profile for her, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-arabic-font-size-in-word-2000-pro.194227/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Changing Arabic Font Size in word 2000 pro

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.51%

Okay so my computer is manly for playing games but I ve been having a problem for quite some time that I & self it Bios GPU Usage Drops Changing & CPU can t seem to be able to fix During gameplay at some points totally randomly I start to have huge freezes both CPU and GPU usage drop insanely and following same do the fans this usually GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self happens for or minutes sometimes even longer a simple relog from the game fixes it This also happens if let s say I go AFK from my game about minutes or so when I come back it s freezing ALOT I looked further into trying to fix this problem I tried almost everything until I had the idea to check my bios since I had previously overclocked my CPU not overclocked atm and surprise for me when I did a bios reset for default settings this is what I saw http postimg org image eoejxdyv That is changed by itself every boot And that is what is causing my GPU and CPU usage drops I have no idea why that is changing by itself at first I though it was AI Suite software from Asus that I had used before to overclock my CPU but even with that uninstalled it is happening I also thought about reinstalling my windows but I would rather wait GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self for Windows to go public My Specs - Windows Pro - Bit - Evga Supernova Nex G Gold - Asus Z -Pro Socket - Intel Core i k ghz Ghz Turbo - Corsair Hydro H - Gigabyte Windforce R X GB GDDR - GB G Skill Ripjaw-X Mhz DDR Dual PS All drivers and software are always updated nbsp

A:GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self

Have you tried changing the cmos battery? The bios will not hold settings if the battery is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-cpu-usage-drops-bios-changing-it-self.216095/
Relevancy 24.51%

I changed my microphone jack to an inline jack for a recording project, how do I change it back?

A:Changing my jack back to a microphone

You may want to post your computers specs. Such as what os you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-jack-back-to-a-microphone.213539/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,

I'm back here after really long. Looking to build a new machine with a budget of approximately $2000. Here's what I've figured:

1. AMD FX 8350 Black Edition - $179.99
2. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX - $219.99
3. MSI R9 290X Lightning - $399.99
4. EVGA Supernova 850G2 - $144.99
5. Crucial MX100 512GB - $209.99
6. G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - $139.99
7. Fractal Design Define R5 (Window) - $119.99
8. Zowie FK1 - $59.99
9. Overlord Tempest X270OC - $449.99

TOTAL - $1924.91

This currently excludes the keyboard, which I need suggestions for. Any thoughts on how these look? I'm open to ideas.

A:Gaming Rig For $2000

My suggestions: Save some money by making a few changes. You will still get excellent performance and still be able to overclock (if that is what you want to do), while saving money for some other parts.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 - $174.99
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB - $119.99
Storage (Hard Drives): Crucial MX100 256GB (SSD) - $109.99 (for Operating System and a few programs/games you run often) *And Also* Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - $54.99 (for Storage and programs that do not require the SSD speed)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold (Full Modular) - $124.99 (You will still have plenty of power left for overclocking)
Aftermarket Cooler for CPU: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $34.99 (The stock cpu fan is not that good, get an aftermarket one for better cooling)

This will put you around $1830 which will leave you plenty to for a keyboard of your choice.
Have you thought of going Intel? Going to Intel would help with "Future Proofing" your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig-for-2000.211107/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi forum I have changed my power supply because my ex power supply involved in the problem specs was Watt Watt Real model GP B Green with that before it crash down my system was boot up correctly after I hit the Power On button on top of my chassis since a few days ago that I ve bought a new PSU with this spec Green Watt Real OC edition model GP B GOLD plus Gold now the problem is every time I want to turn on my PC first it doesn t boot up but it s powered on and all hardware are in correct position and nothing s weird just actually do nothing until I push or times Reset button or Power button from chassis and then after a while when it re-started again everything goes well and system will boot up perfectly note - new results and experience I decided to have had some tests so I told by myself let s check the computer when it s powered off recently and I did uninterrupted turn it back ON again so it worked I tried several times to power On and power Off shutting down from windows and it worked so I get that when my machine is powered off for half an hour or maybe several hours then it should be handle after my problem PSU changing Weird this problem Weird problem after changing my PSU which I mention and This test was a huge leap in my opinion pluralization - I m thinking maybe it refers to my new and fresh PSU maybe it has a new system delay interrupt or maybe optional Weird problem after changing my PSU setting that can help through this - maybe the problem is related to the cables I m not sure because I double checked the cables and all connections before - if problem is related to the Capacitors so in this case Capacitors are usually swollen but there is no sign of this condition I also double checked Capacitors for assurance - especially this PSU is the best kind of high power supplies and it s new no sign of ripple noise or any suspicious signs of its internal hardware - so we can say no MOBO suspicious no PSU suspicious no Graphics suspicious anything but only RAM at this point we can say maybe problem is refers to the RAM modules because I haven t test it yet and I hope it is nothing to worry - according to recent test we can assuming there should be a common setting or case that helping us through this because if there was a problem with any kind of hardware then why when I test it repeatedly ON OFF uninterrupted there was no sign of a problem and one more thing remember not to there is no sign or overheating of any kind of my hardware too I m always aware about this any help will appreciate in advance Thanks System Specs OS - Win Enterprise x CPU - i Video - GTX Mobo - Asus P X D Premium x chip RAM - GB Corsair XMP x GB MHz nbsp

A:Weird problem after changing my PSU

Any suggestion ? HELLOOOO?anybody's home?game time..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-after-changing-my-psu.208889/
Relevancy 21.07%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 26.23%

Just bought myself a 4tb WD green, and wondering if I should just go 64k Allocation Unit Size.

Mainly going to be used for video, I've got a 2tb drive sitting around I can use for everything else.

Any reason why I shouldn't go 64k?

A:Allocation Unit Size

The larger the allocation size, the fewer the files that can be stored in that partition.

Take a gander at your Video folder, set the view to details, then click the column heading SIZE twice - - that will cause a sort descending of the folder content.

An ideal size would be the AVERAGE SIZE(all the files therein) - - but there's not tool to find that number :sigh:

I would choose a number that best fits the most dominant size shown,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allocation-unit-size.204889/
Relevancy 26.23%

Heyo,

This could very well be in the hardware category for printers, but for now I think it's related to the OS?
We have Win7 machines and Win Server 2008 R2 machine acting as the print server.
Using PCL driver.
FX ApeosPort IV C2275 printer
Using Standard TCP/IP port 'hostname'
Some documents with specific print settings (e.g. page range, as opposed to 'current page') fail to print. Details:

Print is 'successful' as shown by Windows.
Print job spools 'successfully', is inserted into print queue.
No print job appears from printer, nor is there any record of the job on the printer.
Page count on queue is N/A, size is 0

Any ideas? Changing protocol between RAW and LPR makes no change.

A:Print spooler zero size

Hmm; is the print driver the latest version?

Test and fix on the hosting machine first (aka the Win Server 2008 R2 machine) as that has to work correctly if the clients are to have any hope.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-spooler-zero-size.201642/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm using windows 7 I'm connected to my Verizon router with a Netgear stick. I have it set up for WEP because that was the easiest to figure out. But neighbors are stealing my signal, and slowing me down.
How do I change from WEP to WPA? Simple instructions please Thanks

A:Changing from WEP to WPA

Do you have both, a device and a wireless access point that supports WPA? WPA2 is what you want for the best protection. Before you can setup WEP/WPA/WPA2, you must have both reciever and transmitter that supports the encryption.
Setup the encryption from within your wireless access point. It could be an independent access point or a combo unit such as a wireless router.
Connect the device that support the encryption of the wireless network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-wep-to-wpa.200956/
Relevancy 23.22%

First time posting here obviously So I m looking for order too busy lazy to put one together myself a new PC to update my current junk pile Was thinking about $2000 budget $1500 PC, New to using CyberPowerPC but am unsure about them for various reasons bad reviews previous issue with online bought pcs myself Figured I would ask on a forum or two about them and a build I slapped together Any insight criticism welcome CASE NZXT Source w USB -port New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget fan hub Side-Panel Window CD LG X Internal Blu-ray Drive amp DVDRW D Playback Combo Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel Core i - K Quad-Core GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CS FAN Maximum MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case FAN Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance MM Fan HDD TB TBx SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Quad Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X -UP ATX w Ultra Durable GblAN GEn PCIe x PCIe x PCI POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS M Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR Year Labor Year Parts LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB GDDR X PCIe Video Card - EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling nbsp

A:New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget

How much does this cost, what is your budget and what do you plan on using the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-1500-to-2000-budget.200687/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I installed a second Hard drive this weekend. And I want to create a new partition on the new hard drive, which will hold my boot files. So I want a partition of my second hard drive to be my main boot device. (Like 20gb)

Then I?m going to combine my first hard drive, and the remaining space left into 1 partition.

My Local disk has my Boot, Page file, and Crash dump. I want to move this to my new partition. (Second HD)

I tried moving the entire windows file in my local disk to the second hard drive, half way through it wouldn?t allow me to move all of the files.

How do I do this without re-installing windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-boot-drives.200248/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys Excuse my lack of proper harddrive Problem WD with external case changing terminology I am new to these things Recently my gb WD external hard drive had the USB port connection on the hard drives circuit board break off So Problem with changing WD external harddrive case I went and bought a new case from my local computer shop I had originally taken my HD to see if they could solder the usb port thing back on to the circuit board but they said they don t do repairs So he looked at my HD and told me which case would be best for it I come home and follow his instructions and remove the circuit board from which the usb port fell off from which also supplied the power and connected to the SATA power port on the HD and put it in to the new housing When I connect it to my laptop it does not show up under My Computer However in my icon tray it shows a USB device has connected and it gives me the option of removing it safely I can hear the HD starting up when it gets plugged in but nothing else happens When I removed the HD from its new case and put the old circuit board bit back on and manually held the usb with the usb port connection on to the circuit board from where it came off from I am able to get it recognized by the computer and the WD software for the password prompt starts up So I know my HD is functioning I just cant get it to function in its new case Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with changing WD external harddrive case

Is the new case powered in the same way as the old case? If yes, I would return the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-changing-wd-external-harddrive-case.196556/
Relevancy 25.8%

My friend leaning towards to have a Droid Razr Maxx recently because she has special favor to Motorola probably first mobile phone she had but I am feeling that Maxx life About Razr & size battery the screen size is a bit of a double About Razr Maxx size & battery life edged sword because she is a BB user now familiar with the Qwerty keyboard The larger screen About Razr Maxx size & battery life creates a fantastic visual experience when browsing but I m guessing she will not used to it She also feel like the larger screen and keyboard along with swype will be easier to About Razr Maxx size & battery life get over the lack I do not know much about this model though I owned a doridX so I wander if it was a bit big and have you gotten used to its size over time And also I heard that its battery life last long and have no idea whether it is true My droidX indeed have an impressive performance before even if I unplugged the phone off the charger at am not to put it back on the charger before I crashed out at night and woken up next day the battery still at about Through one day I kept the wifi was on all day I played an hours worth of home run derby I watched a few you tube videos surfed a little net and I have all my accounts synced up tofacebook myspace yahoo hotmail google and twitter I also have a live wallpaper running In the end I my battery never hit the quot red quot and was a little over hours of battery life before I put it on the charger I recommanded droidX to her but she wants a more recent model nbsp

A:About Razr Maxx size & battery life

Why don't you install a larger memory card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-razr-maxx-size-battery-life.196339/
Relevancy 24.94%

The Z5771 does have a pcie slot for an external graphics card - how you get he case open I have not investigated but I was planning on buying a decent card for it. The only proviso seems to be it neds to be a low profile card.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

You will have to look the case over carefully to figure out how to open it. There are plenty of low-profile PCIe cards out there to choose from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.196242/
Relevancy 21.07%

Greetings I have posted repeatedly over in the BSOD area on an issue I am having That s not why I am here I am thinking on going from a cached drive that I have now to a cached and a platter to drive SSD Changing a drive from an separate SSD and a platter drive Let me explain I currently have a gig SSD and Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive a Terrabyte Corsair HDD I Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive use the gig as a cache drive using Intels SRT I have no proof but I am leaning towards my little ssd as the cause of why I am having issues With that said bear with with me I wanted to get a new SSD and install Windows on it and or of my games on it and use the Terrabyte obviously for storage and non essential programs I currently have Win Pro on my Terrabyte drive Can I pull both drives out After decelerating it of course And put in a new Corsair Force SSD say gigs install windows my games and than reconnect the HDD which has windows on it All that text just for a simple question Also can I remove the Windows Folder or uninstall Windows on the Terrabyte drive or should I just leave it Thanks much nbsp

A:Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive

Best way - pull the data from the drives, then format them. Put data back on.

But, yeah, your suggestion should work too. Just watch out for the duplicate MBR entries upon boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-a-cached-drive-to-an-ssd-and-a-platter-drive.195477/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I have several Dell desktops (745, 755, GX260, T5500, Etc) all Win7 and Server 2008, that have factory hard drives; I want to make them removable drives. In the past

I have special ordered desktops with T-7 units from Dell.

Now, I need to make about 20 desktops removable drive desktops, any ideas, Dell says I can't really add a Dell sponsored caddy / cage.

My other issue is I have to add whole disk encryption to it, TrueCrypt is perfect.

I also have to add USB tape backup unit. Q: does anyone have an USB portable tape backup unit and encrypting the hard drive and tape?

Thanks

Mn19~

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-dell-desktops-to-removable-drives.195340/
Relevancy 25.37%

Brighthouse "insists" there is no way to change IP address! lol
There must be!! I go to "start" , Run....."command"
Type in "IPCONFIG/ALL
Brighthouse tells me, you have to wait 24 hrs until "lease expires".
Anyone know of a way to change IP on the fly??
Thanks

A:Changing IP address

turn the modem off and on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-address.158964/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

A:Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 21.5%

Guys, a netbook with this config
pro:Intel atom 1.46ghz
Ram:1 gb ddr3
can run ms office 2007 or10 or13 easily without hanging up in middle of work and BIG PDF files also.For example netbook here is one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-...Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url
Thanks

A:Can a netbook run MS Word 2007-13 easily?

You would need to define exactly what you mean by big files.

I would say yes as Office 2010 is installed on one of our Netbooks, but that really depend on just how big a file you are referring to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-netbook-run-ms-word-2007-13-easily.190257/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 1GB card. It works just fine, but I have noticed an issue where memory size detected differs from the actual size.
For example dxdiag (both32 and 64bit) detects only 700MB. So does Can You run it (from time to time).
I did validation with GPU-z and it does show proper size at 1GB: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/9p6wr/

I am wondering whether this might be due to a faulty card or (crossed fingers) nothing to worry about. I love this card and it would, obviously, really blow if it's defective.

Almost forgot to add that I am, currently, running on Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium. Windows 8 Pro 64Bit show the card as having 768MB of memory.

A:Incorrect memory size

If it works, don't worry about the detected memory difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incorrect-memory-size.187533/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my graphics card, in my all in one pc Acer Aspire Z5771, the specs is exactly the same as this http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/PW.SHM02.008

Would you guys recommend which graphics card are suitable for my pc, one suitable for gaming.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

It's pretty much impossible to change graphics cards on AIO PC's, you can't just plug in a normal PCI-E desktop GPU. Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of buying them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.184351/
Relevancy 24.94%

hey , I just bought an athlon proccesor with am3 socket, and a 4gb ddr3 ram. I installed them but the screen is blank when I power the computer. If I install the old 2gb ddr2 it works. What could be the problem?

A:Blank screen after changing CPU and RAM

Your motherboard is not compatible with ddr3 memory.? Did you check your motherboards specs before purchasing the memory and CPU? Post the make and model of your motherboard. This way someone help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-changing-cpu-and-ram.184081/
Relevancy 24.51%

But not sure my other hardware support the P S and G C that im going to change So this is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - Changing my supply graphics and card power DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Changing my graphics card and power supply Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Changing my graphics card and power supply Device DiskDriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II OpticalDriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK Then im about to change the power supply Changing my graphics card and power supply and G C SeaSonic S II Bronze W ATX V V EPS V V PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE - - G Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Edition Im using these to play quot Diablo SC WoW Skyrim and etc and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly before But im getting tire of the graphic lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well quot Hopefully can play it with everything high XD but I think tats too much for the g c which im about to get nbsp

A:Changing my graphics card and power supply

Hey, so I took a quick look at your list. Your Motherboard does support one PCIe card, so you should be able to install the 6950 just fine.
my chief concern however, is that the 6950 is a very long card, and I'm worried it may not fit in your small dell case. So I'd take some measurements to see if it fits, before buying anything.
the installation of the PSU and GPU should be fine, I myself have done the exact same thing in my brother's dell (installed new PSU and GPU), and it has been working fine ever since.
Also If you have a few extra dollars, Id look into getting at least a 600W power supply, just to be safe, because the 6950 OC edition will suck quite a bit of power, and I'd rather have a bit more breathing room whereas 520W is cutting it a bit close. thats' up to you though, it should still run fine with your chosen PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-graphics-card-and-power-supply.183401/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am hoping you guys have some suggestions here, I have been looking at a pc which seems to be changing its resolution at random, it will work fine for a while and then the screen will go black for a few seconds and then come back with a changed resolution, it will then go black again and then revert back to the original resolution.
Its a Gigabyte AM3 mobo with AMD onboard graphics.
Thinking it might be a graphics issue I installed a Geforce 8400 GS PCI card which worked fine for a few weeks but now we have the graphics issues again. I am assuming that as it had the problen with 2 different graphics chips, one onboard and one on the PCI card that its unlikely to be a graphics issue.
Could it be an issue with the monitor which is a 17" Dell TFT?

A:Video issues with changing resolution

What have you done regarding graphics drivers? Have you tried to install the latest that is appropriate for each card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issues-with-changing-resolution.170717/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
I'm currently running a machine with an 8-core processor and a 550W Power Supply.

The machine won't run on all 8 cores. It gets to the "Windows Startup" screen and shuts down. It's not running hot as far as I can tell, and if I manually shut down a pair of cores in the BIOS it runs just fine. I am currently running it on 6 cores, but would like to run it on all 8.

Is my Power Supply not powerful enough, or do you think it's another problem?
Thanks.

My System:
Processor: AMD FX 8120 (8-core), 3.1GHz Socket AM3+
Motherboard: ASUS M5A88-V EVO
Power Supply: Logisys 550W ATX12V
Video Card: *Currently using onboard*

A:What size power supply do I need for my CPU/motherboard combo?

Your 550W PSU should run that system just fine. Is your BIOS up to date?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-power-supply-do-i-need-for-my-cpu-motherboard-combo.179683/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone In need of help Started up my Dell laptop and I am 1737 2000-0321 display on laptop, Error Dell Blank greeted by a blank screen though the machine goes through the motions of starting up I do not see any faint ghosting When connected to an external monitor all works fine and I have tried changing the inverter but Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321 no luck Ran a diagnostic check and receive the following Error Code Msg Error Code - Msg LCD EDID - Unable to access EDID EEPROM I also tried holding the quot D quot key and powering up The LCD flashed a series of solid color screens Red Green Blue White Black I assume that this means that the backlight is good Does it also mean that the cable is good Not sure what else to check I am guessing that it is eiter the LCD screen controller board itself or the cable Any advice I am comfortable replacing parts Prior to this everything was working fine The display had even brightness and color Would anyone be able to restore my sanity and offer some words of wisdom guidance Would be much appreciated Many Thanks nbsp

A:Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321

Replace the LCD panel including the backlight. External monitor okay, motherboard is okay... Slight chance of a damaged LCD cable to motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-display-on-dell-1737-laptop-error-2000-0321.176322/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello forum I m currently in the process of updated my computer s hardware I ve got pretty much a list of what i would like i have already purchased the Power Supply Fan size and the graphics card However Fan size i am planning on overclocking the procceseur i k and am looking into different cooling systems because rumour has it that the cooling device given along with the CPU is no Fan size good My only problem is that the ones i am looking at are very big and i ve heard that people have had trouble installing RAM because some cooling systems get in the way Here is what i m planning on purchasing Motherboard Asus P P pro CPU i k Cooler Thermaltake Frio CLP or Mastercooler v Now i ve heard numerous rumours about ram not fitting after installing these monsters particularly the RAM i was interested in the Corsair DDR which has massive cooling quot wings quot I don t know whether getting smaller Ram like the Kingston DDR would be better But will having hardly no cooling on the RAM hinder it s performance Are their any alternatives to these cooling systems i am looking at Maybe a bit smaller but still capable of cooling enough What are your opinions Thanks Tom P s Would i have to get another case if i wanted one of these big cooling systems nbsp

A:Fan size

Just get the normal sized RAM sticks, they don't get that hot anyway.

Check the specs for the cooler and for your case, they usually give a clearance height. What case do you have anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-size.174468/
Relevancy 24.94%

I own a ACER Aspire model 5552-3680, but its time to replace the battery on it. I was simply wondering if replacing a battery on a computer removes my files saved on it as well? Just confirming, because I really doubt it. Usually files are saved on RAM, and I'm only replacing the battery. Thanks ahead of time!

A:Worries about changing batteries

Not sure whether you're replacing the rechargeable or the coin battery, either way, save your files then shutdown your computer properly and proceed w/ the change-out. You won't lose anything.

If you're replacing the coin battery, BIOS setting might revert back to the default factory setting. So you'll want to check on that. It's been a while since I've had to replace the coin battery, don't recall what happened at the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worries-about-changing-batteries.174513/
Relevancy 24.08%

There was a previous thread on this, but none which I found pertaining to Windows 7.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to do this?

Possibly without having to use the Win7 installation CD...

A:Changing hard drives from IDE to SATA With a RAID configuration in Windows 7

Can you supply us with the full scenario please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-hard-drives-from-ide-to-sata-with-a-raid-configuration-in-windows-7.172531/
Relevancy 22.36%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just recently had to upgrade to a 880gm-ud2h motherboard after my old one died (an older model, also updated the RAM and Processor, but not the hard drives or video card) but now that I've done all this, something has messed up with Windows.
Whenever I start the computer, windows will seem to start normally, then a BSOD will flash for less than a second before the computer reboots and demands that I run the System Repair thing for Windows. After running this three times without effect, I decided that I was better off installing a new OS (I lost my repair disk), and created a USB bootable for Ubuntu.
However, with this USB boot drive plugged in, hitting F12 during boot up brings up the BIOS boot order as normal, but no matter which option I choose nothing changes.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

A:Boot order of BIOS isn't changing

Well for some reason it finally decided to work, but now the computer won't go past a black screen that says "Loading Operating System..." and it sat there for about fifteen, twenty minutes,.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-order-of-bios-isnt-changing.170680/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 25.8%

For these day s hard disks to use as System C-drive please on performance Advice maximum size C-drive for for operating sytem and programs is there a recommmended maximum size before the performance slows down due to longer seek times etc I m referring to conventional hard disks not SSD I remember a few years ago for speed purposes anything bigger than GB was advised to be avoided for the C-drive as load times were becoming noticeably longer Is this still the case with today s systems I m planning to build a new i K gaming system and I m not quite ready to go SSD Advice please on C-drive maximum size for performance yet My HD will be Western Digital SATA- MB cache such as the WD FAEX and will be used as my C-drive as a single partition While OS software will go on this System drive all my personal files documents videos pictures etc will go be stored on another drive which I ll have as big as possible and I don t mind how slow that one becomes My options for Advice please on C-drive maximum size for performance C-drive size are MB TB TB and TB Which one would perform the fastest do seek times increase as used space increases or does it make no more difference anymore with modern advancements And is it adviseable to have the OS swap files on a separate drive or same drive as OS Thanks nbsp

A:Advice please on C-drive maximum size for performance

These questions have been asked and answered over and over for the last ten years or so... I have a 1TB drive C, RAID setup (2 500GB Seagate SATA drives) for my OS and everything else, and a separate 420GB drive used as a backup drive for my music, documents, downloads and pictures. With today's CPU's, memory capacity and great computing speeds, swap files really aren't necessary at all... I have never experienced any benefits moving the Windows swap file to another drive separate from the OS. I really don't use full drive image backups either for my small business

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-please-on-c-drive-maximum-size-for-performance.169319/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hy there.

I have jack headphones and sometimes when I wanna listen to the computer when i'm connecting headphones the sound is a surrounding one. Can I change the properties of it?
I mention I inserted them in the keyboard slot, but if I insert them to the PC the sound is good.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Changing jack headset properties

You mentioned you plugged the headphones into your keyboard. Could you provide the details of your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-jack-headset-properties.169190/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a little 10-inch laptop for schoolwork and browsing, not gaming or anything intense like that.
Looking for what recommended minimum specs I should be on the lookout for.

I'm considering this little Samsung 10.1" Netbook featuring Intel Atom N455 Processor (N145)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...l-atom-n455-processor-n145-n145/10161401.aspx

My local pc folks are selling it for $400 CAD tax included, including $73 upgrade from 1G ram to 4G.
Good price?

I'd rather buy from a local store than purchase online, if not for reliability of purchase and continued support options.

A:Recommended specs for a word processing notebook?

What is the ratio between Canada and US when it comes to money? According to that link the system is on sale until 8/11 for $219.00.

The biggest issues for me would be that the Best Buy offer only has a) Windows 7 Starter installed; not even Home Premium, b) no need for 4 gigs if the operating system is only 32-bit because only a 64-bit OS will utilize 4 gigs and more RAM, c) the Intel Atom is slow.

So, IMO, it isn't worth $400 locally as is and again no need for 4 gigs if the OS is 32-bit. Shop around more and search for a Lenovo x120e system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-specs-for-a-word-processing-notebook.169065/
Relevancy 24.94%

So right now I got the geforce 7950 GX2 on my temp system. Its a dell desktop forgot the model number. After I bild my new rig I'm going to sell the temp comp for maybe 200 to 300 bucks. The video card in it is dying and I need to change it. Don't want to spend a fortune on it since I'm getting rid of it soon.

Any suggestions on a decent video cards so I can play a few games on it till build my new system??

A:Changing video card

ATI 5570/5670 maybe? What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-video-card.168975/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi!

I'm about to buy a new LCD monitor to connect with my laptop. My laptop has a 15,6 inch screen with 1920x1080 resolution. For my external monitor I'd like to have the same resolution, but what about the size?

Does someone have any recommendations? Not to big (right now I'm using a 32 inch TV, way to big to be comfortable), but not so small that I have to sit too close to the screen. I'm thinking somewhere between 19 and 24 inches. Any opinions?

A:Recommended monitor size for 1920x1080

I have a couple 22" Acer monitors, my only complaint on them is their default color settings are horrible. That is of course fixable with your video card's control settings. I got a pretty good deal on mine about 6 months ago, I don't know what they cost now, but it should be pretty reasonable.

They replaced 2 Benq 20.1" 1680x1050 monitors which I really liked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-monitor-size-for-1920x1080.166253/
Relevancy 26.66%

I guess it depends matter? Does really size on who you ask Really though I do have a question about SSD and size It has been asked over and over but I have not seen any threads that really answer my question What size SSD would be the best option for Does size really matter? me I do your normal computer operation but do a lot of serious video work I have many programs Does size really matter? that I need to use for different things that I do Several different things for video large programs office programs that I have for home automation hundreds of gb of music hundreds of pictures tb of video Large programs for pictures I know I won t store any of the music pics or video on the SSD I have read many many many conflicting reports on what to do with your SSD My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive Where is the best place to put my programs On another drive or on the same partition as the OS I want what will be best for video work nbsp

A:Does size really matter?

Id use 124GB SSD to load my OS, Video Editing Programs and other main programs that you have on. Keep all the data such as music, pictures, videos on a normal HDD.

My big question is will I get faster video rendering if the program is on the OS drive?Click to expand...

You mean if the program is on the SSD with the OS? Id guess so since it will write the data faster, but I am not expert and on top of that I don't have a SSD. But also a GOOD CPU will play a good roll in that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-size-really-matter.166914/
Relevancy 23.22%

I upgraded the NT server domain controller to a Windows server and immediately noticed that the XP client machines took a VERY long time to logon to the server The server is running DHCP but I modify the DNS setting so that the XP clients have the IP address of the server DC as their DNS This corrected the problem with the logon speed but it created another little problem When the server DC which is designated as the DNS server goes offline all the XP clients are unable to access the Internet Once the DC is online again connectivity to the Internet is restored I do not know what options I have to designate the ISP DNS information so that the clients do not have to rely on the availability of the DC for Internet Any suggestions are greatly appreciated PS we are issue 2000 Server DNS small automobile dealership that does not have a large IT budget I try to do the best I can but it explains some of the 2000 Server DNS issue older technology i am using Greg nbsp

A:2000 Server DNS issue

First, your config to point the clients to the server DNS is the correct choice.

The symptoms resulting from an outage of that server are normal - -
and should lead you to the solution that the DNS & DHCP servers need to be
replicated (ie two of each).

However, you can configure the clients with two DNS addresses:

the first one (being the primary) should be your internal DNS address
and the secondary might be any public DNS server like 8.8.8.8 (which is google)
DNS processing is to issue a request to BOTH dns addresses and to accept
the results of the first one to reply.
That then creates the situation (a race condition) that if YOUR server gets bogged down, the secondary is more likely to reply first.

You should really attempt to avoid all outages of your DC and to schedule all maintenance to 'off-hour' periods to reduce the impact to the clients

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2000-server-dns-issue.166845/
Relevancy 22.36%

Budget Range while being workstation £1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin £1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor £235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £32.99 x4 - £131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V £151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS £209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at this case for my new build. It seems like a nice cheap case for my build, but I'm worried about its size. I'm getting a GTX 570 which is 10.5 inches long and I've read a couple of reviews about people having trouble fitting shorter cards in there, but some reviews said that largers ones like the 570/580 could fit.

I'm just wondering if anyone had this case and could give me some insight on this. Currently this is the only thing stopping me from deciding on this case.

I was also looking at the Cooler Master HAF 922 which plenty of reviews say anything can fit in there, but its costs twice as much.

Thank you

A:Rosewill Challenger case size uncertainty

This case:
Antec 300
would serve you better. it is much sturdier than that Rosewill and ANY video card(s) will fit. I use this case so I know what I'm talking about. The price is great for the quality of this Antec!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-challenger-case-size-uncertainty.166143/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use my TI-82 grapics calculator quite a lot (usually for programming), and I'm aving a problem with the variables, primarily the "Y" variable. When I put a store command for a real variable in a program, the calculator stores "0" to it no matter what. The problem usually occurs during the first 30 seconds of program execution. I try entering the command several times, and it still doesn't work right. What I'm mainly worried about is the fact that it hasn't done this when I first bought it.

Will it get worse?
Can I do anything to fix it?
Does this indicate a serious problem elsewhere?

A:Variables not changing in program on TI-82

i doubt that this is the right section for this but anyway... try contacting the manufacturer and see if they can help you or google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/variables-not-changing-in-program-on-ti-82.165778/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I installed XP2000.The head set Mic voice started breaking all of a sudden.But the same headset works well with other computers.I have reinstalled the audio drivers and the issue remains there.But i can hear the songs and all..I have installed realtek and i am using ACER 4930 LAPTOP.Someone can suggest the solution.

Thanks,

Selwyn.S.B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-mic-is-dead-with-xp-2000.161927/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi guys can any one help ive just got a toshiba tecra s1 laptop im wanting to upgrade the hard drive but the problem is a dont know what size it is 2.5 or 3.5 sata. ide i dont want to get the wrong one thanx in advance

A:Toshiba tecra s1 hard drive size

Hello Andy, its 2.5" and its an IDE and i can't go beyond 100GB if i remember correctly...
Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-tecra-s1-hard-drive-size.160730/
Relevancy 24.51%

How do I change the shortcut key (Ctrl+Alt+S) for HPSysInfo.exe or even disable it… As when I am in curtain program and use that shortcut the HP Support Information dialog box comes up.

David Lambie

A:Disabling or changing shortcut to annoying HPSysInfo.exe

Go to add/remove programs in the control panel and delete all HP related stuff except the HP device driver itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-or-changing-shortcut-to-annoying-hpsysinfo-exe.160251/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my first post and I want to begin by saying that I am not very tech savvy although I am the default computer quot expert quot yikes causes working stop IP to changing on its address printer own in our house as my husband has never used a computer The problem I am having is that IP addresses within our wireless network are changing on their own quite frequently This causes the network printer to stop working Interestingly sometimes the IP addresses switch ie the IP address for my laptop changes to the IP address that the printer had last week etc I know this to be true because I have a quot cheat sheet quot of steps I follow from Brother our printer IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working manufacturer which includes the steps of obtaining the IP address for the computers and the printer on the network and then pinging the printer I have recorded the IP address on that sheet for each computer and printer IP address and I am constantly having to cross them out and change them Is this frequent IP address change normal Is there a way to establish permanent IP addresses If not or if that isn t desirable is there some way to stop the constant effects it has on the network printer Thank you for your help with this issue nbsp

A:IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working

Yes this can be resolved two ways
Address reservation and Static IP address assignment.

The former is much easier but I need the make/model number of your router to give HOW-TO details - - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-changing-on-its-own-causes-printer-to-stop-working.159437/
Relevancy 24.08%

hello again
i need a little advice
i changed the keys on the keypad and now touch pad doesn't work at all
tried old one and it doesn't work either
made sure ribbon cables where connected and the pull tab up
am i missing something?
not the first time this has happened on a 1525
thanks
any help would be much appreciated

A:Trackpad not working on Dell 1525 after changing the keys

Are you refering to the tab (that swings up to release) on the connector the ribbon sits in?

If so, the tab needs to be up in order for the ribbon cable to be inserted fully, and its then pushed down so its flush with the ribbon.

I've also renamed the title of your thread to something more suitable, as this will help you get better assistance from others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trackpad-not-working-on-dell-1525-after-changing-the-keys.156930/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello

i know theres millions of threads about this but they dont seem to help anything (this may be wrong spot to post but i didnt find any other)

So the problem is when i installed ATI Catalyst Center i went to my monitors Hz aka Refresh Rate, i didnt accutaly know what it does so i went to change it (Not Good idea) and my monitor just went black and the message came up: 'Out of range!'....

and yes ive tried to start in safemode but same message comes :/

so yes i need help!

A:Black screen after changing refresh rate

Hi Pot
Welcome to Techspot.

Is there an auto button on your monito? Try turning the monitor off then back on and also try hitting the auto button. Sometimes this resets the monitor.

Do you have integrated graphics on your mobo? If you do unplug the graphics card plug your monitor onto you mobo and try rebooting.

You should be able to uninstall the graphics drivers and ATI Catalyst Center.

This should re-set the monitor for you and correct the refresh rate. Once uninstalled plug the graphics card back in re-install the software and see if that corrects the problems.

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-changing-refresh-rate.155782/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have always liked playing the game Yahoo's text twist but for some reason the picture within the screen is to big for the box, ive tried adjusting the Java settings but this does not work it happens with other sites to with these boxes.
Could someone PLEASE help!

Thanks!

A:Can't see correct size anymore?

Has your screen resolution changed? It may just be smaller now and the game expects a larger screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-correct-size-anymore.154561/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am working on a aspire laptop that currently has 512 Memory. Do I HAVE TO add the same size memory to get the Dual Channel performance or can I add a 1GB module to the system (resulting in a 1.5 GB system) and not have issues. I know the speeds have to be the same.
Is this process any different than installing memory in a tower system?

A:Is RAM size an issue in laptops?

Laptops are usually fitted with SD-RAM, which is smaller than standard PC based DDR RAM.

In order to use dual channel they need to be of the same size, and ideally the same speed, although the latter isn't so much of a worry as it will default to the lowest speed out of the two RAM sticks fitted.

With the cost of RAM these days (and assuming your laptop will take it) I would recommend you purchase a 2GB kit consisting of 2 1GB sticks.

In respect to fitting the RAM, its all dependant on how easy the laptop manufacturer has made fitting the RAM. Some laptops require the keyboard to be removed in order to change the sticks, others you can just remove a panel on the underside of the laptop and they're exposed and easily changed.

The RAM is fitted by lining up the stick at 45 degrees to the socket, and then sliding it into the socket til resistance is felt, then pushed down til it locks into place on the metal clips. To remove the RAM, you just spread the metal clips on each side of the stick, and it then pops up. You'll see exactly how its done when you remove your old RAM sticks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-ram-size-an-issue-in-laptops.153932/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am using this as a monitor with a direct tv hd reciever. Has a nice looking picture but the actual video signal is larger than the screen size...in other words any writing at the bottom or top of the screen are cut off by maybe an inch or less. In the menu there are boxes to adjust screen size but cannot be accessed I am a former tech and know there is a key combination to access this....anyone know this or have a service manual for this model. It would be listed in the service manual. Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Acer x223w screen size

Here is the manual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-x223w-screen-size.153873/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have recently reloaded win 2000 pro on a computer, come to set it up on the network and am having some issues, I have to admit that networking is not by strong point.
The server runs Win 2000 server, I have manually set the correct ip address and the pc is finding all of the computers on the network but when I come to access files on any other computer I get a box popping up asking me to enter network password. It has two boxes, one is "Connect as" and one for password. The guys in the office dont think there is a password as they don't remember ever being asked for one.
I feel it is a simple issue but my lack of knowledge is hindering me so I am hoping you more knowledgable guys can point me in the right direction.

A:Win 2000 network issue

1- what type of network (Domain or workgroup )?
2- what kind of OS in the other computer you want to access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2000-network-issue.153889/
Relevancy 26.23%

Quick question, is there an easy way to read the block size of a drive in Windows 7? I'd imagine there is but a cursory look on google usually ended up as linux commands which do not apply to me.

A:Partition block size, Windows 7

With NTFS there is no means to set blocksize and the cluster size is adjusted automatically.

With Linux, yes, you set the blocksize and describe the partition in terms of count of blocks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-block-size-windows-7.153347/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey once again, So there is this server on this application called SAMP [San andreas multiplayer] and everytime you log on it logs your IP. This goes for the site aswel. I need to do something and change my IP. So lets say someone gets banned. [IP BAN] They can access it by changing there IP. So if you guys can tell me how to change my IP so I can do some things for something. Please let me know.

Tyler

A:Changing IP for multilayer app and website

You normally cannot change your IP that's assigned from your ISP. They may change it every few months or never in some cases.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-for-multilayer-app-and-website.152520/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello Everyone I purchased two WD Green Gig SATA hard drives I currently have one WD hard Changing IDE to from With SATA configuration a RAID drives gig IDE as my master and a WD gig as my slave I am running windows XP Home addition I want to change out the hard drives but I have never used SATA before therefore I am a little worried about doing this I read my manual under the RAID setup topic I am undicided as to RAID or RAID I Changing hard drives from IDE to SATA With a RAID configuration have backed up my C drive the gig IDE and the slave through the software provided on my external TB WD Book drive I was thinking of using this software called Spotmau that I purchased to make a copy of my C drive for they say you can completly copy everything even the operating system A tech at Best buy told me that the system will run very slow if I were to do it using the Spotmau software He said it would be better to install the new SATA hard drives set up the RAID and then place a new copy of my operating system on the drive then pull over my files from the WD external drive He said the USB can not copy the windows operation system and it would run extremely slow I know there are a few topics here in my questions but if anyone can provide some solid advice I would appriciate it Basically I need to know more on what RAID to use and how best to copy my files over to the drives once there in I have heard that using both IDE and SATA at the same time can not be done That is what I planned on doing but since it is not possible and they will not communicate with one another I had to purchase new hard drives Thanks lizardking nbsp

A:Changing hard drives from IDE to SATA With a RAID configuration

Windows XP is not capable of running SATA drives as either AHCI (single drive SATA mode) or SATA RAID without installing the proper drivers during the OS install. You would be instructed to "Press F-6", then insert the drivers with a floppy drive.

Bottom line, you would have to install the OS clean to do what you want to do, no exceptions.

You cannot change the drive mode with the OS installed in either Vista or Win 7 either, but the driver situation is a bit easier to deal with.

I don't think the RAID 1 or 0 should be an issue. RAID 1 is a mirroring (backup) strategy, and RAID 0 splits data between 2 (or more drives) for speed of access. Truth to tell, RAID 0 really isn't any good by itself, too unreliable to protect sensitive data. You really need to run RAID 0 & 1 together, This is sometimes referred to as "RAID 5".

If you can be talked out of RAID altogether, you can run your new HDDs as is, by selecting "IDE" emulation in the BIOS. Most sources state that there is very little to no speed penalty for doing it this way.

Anyway, you would need to go to the board manufacturers website for the SATA drivers. I didn't Google your board. Does it even have a RAID capable SATA controller?

Incidentally, those WD "Green" drives are the worst possible choice for RAID. As I understand it, their "energy saving" self-throttling behavior, will cause them fall out of RAID, and generate a bunch or errors and messages in doing so.

I don't recommend RAID, but if you absolutely insist, you should spring for WD's "RE" (RAID edition) HDDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-hard-drives-from-ide-to-sata-with-a-raid-configuration.150347/
Relevancy 24.51%

Have an hp g dx notebook pc with os vista home premium bit I installed a creative usb sound blaster x-fi go sound card What I want to do and can t is to be able to with Changing devices and playback Go X-Fi recording Soundblaster switch to playback from either the notebook internal speakers or from the sound blaster card speaker output The same for recording Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go inputs Be able to switch to either the notebook mic the card mic input or quot what you hear quot which is a recording input installed with the usb sound Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go card So my question is can I change from one device to the other and how I have gone Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go to control panel-sound where I see icons for each device and which device is selected and see it operating but I can not get it switch from one device to another device If I click on a device icon to select it and then hit set default it will put a check by that device icon and if I turn power off and restart it will switch something I don t want to do every time The quot apply quot button never activates Should I be able to switch devices If so how do I get it to work nbsp

A:Changing playback and recording devices with Soundblaster X-Fi Go

I would do it manually, but changing cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-playback-and-recording-devices-with-soundblaster-x-fi-go.147240/
Relevancy 24.94%

Here's my issue:
I currently have Windows Vista Home x64 as my primary OS/partition. I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on a separate partition. However, when I did so I did not allocate enough hard drive space for that partition. When attempting to shrink the Vista partition I am told that I can only shrink it by about 1/2 a gigabyte. What I'm ultimately trying to do (if possible) is completely remove that partition (I've already transferred all my files) and give all that space to the W7 partition. Currently I can't because the Vista partition is my primary and "active" drive. I've found online that some programs can do this, but so far they all seem to have a cost attached to them. Any ideas on how I can do this without dishing out any cash? Thanks in advance.

A:Changing primary partition

Have you looked at Partition Magic?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-primary-partition.144370/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

HELP!

I have an old Dell Inspiron 4000 which I 'inherited'. I want to load Windows 2000 onto it (from my old Win 2000 CD)
It is an Intel?Pentium III 750MHz with 32KB L1 cache and 256KB L2 cache with 100MHz external bus frequency and Intel SpeedStep.

Display = 14.1-inch XGA TFT color display

I have loaded it and it works fine....except it only takes up half the screen!!
It has a black border around Windows of about 2.5" all around. Ie, the display is like a box in the middle of the screen.
I obviously need some driver or other, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know which.
At present it is trying to operate off a standard VGA driver which was installed with Windows 2000.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

A:Win 2000 & laptop problem

1 Minimize all applications so that you can see the desktop.
2 Right-click anywhere on the desktop background (not on an icon).
3 In the resulting pop-up menu, choose Properties. This will open the Display Properties dialog box.
4 In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
5 In the Settings tab, in the lower right corner, is a "slider" which allows you to change the screen resolution.
6 Slide this control to the left to decrease the screen resolution and to the right to increase the resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2000-laptop-problem.142433/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, a friend of mine is looking to purchase a new laptop, he will use it just for work but travels a lot, so wants it to be portable, he'll need a fast processor something that can handle up to 50 files open at ones(I dont know how he does it) he's looking to spend up to around AUD$2000.

Thx for all the help,
Fastzr

A:Portable Work Laptop around AUD$2000

Get HP ENVY 5 Series

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/portable-work-laptop-around-aud-2000.140178/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Desktop that I would like to get more out of as I really don t want to have to buy a new pc right now I have GB RAM to be exact other than that the PC is stock Compaq Presario SR NX Desktop PC Base processor Sempron P SR1710NX changing Compaq cpu question GHz MT s mega transfers second Socket I have no experience at all Compaq SR1710NX changing cpu question in changing a cpu but I have read that the AMD Athlon X Dual-Core GHz Socket has been used by Compaq SR1710NX changing cpu question other people Compaq SR1710NX changing cpu question to upgrade their PC to a dual core cpu I would like the expertise of you here to let me know if it would be alright for me to purchase a AMD X Socket and swap it with the cpu I have now If it were switched how much of a benefit would I get or would i just be better off to get another pc I dont play alot of video games on my pc but I would like to play Left Dead and maybe Left Dead when that comes out but that isnt the biggest reasons for me to make this pc faster I would like your opinions and helpful links if possible in what I can do to make this pc last longer thank you nbsp

A:Compaq SR1710NX changing cpu question

bump for an answer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-sr1710nx-changing-cpu-question.136274/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I currently have a RAID 5 setup running under Windows XP. The RAID controller is an integrated feature of my motherboard, the Asus A8N SLI-Premium (Nforce4 chipset)

When I setup the RAID, there was both a BIOS configuration, and as well there was a software portion in Windows. I'm concerned however, since I want to reformat and upgrade to Windows 7. If I were to wipe my Windows XP drive (which is on a seperate physical drive then the ones in the RAID) would this wipe out my RAID's data as well?

When I setup the RAID in Windows XP I had to use the Disk Management portion of Computer Management to enable Windows to 'see' the RAID after having configured it in the BIOS. I'm afraid if I upgrade the OS and do the same thing that Windows will wipe the RAID while re-establishing recognition of the array.

Thanks for your help in advance

A:Changing OS's and it's effects on a RAID 5

your raid volumes should not be affected by the upgrade. they are a separte volume from the boot and system volumes. all of the data SHOULD still be there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-oss-and-its-effects-on-a-raid-5.135277/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone; I was told to move the DHCP server from one site to another. I'm currently running DHCP in win2003 server. I have exported the dhcp config using netsh command. I just found out that the "new server" for dhcp in the other site is a win 2000 family server. I'm not quiet sure how to import the config from win2003 to 2000 family; is this possible? or I would have to configure the scopes manually?

Can anyone please help.
thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-family-server.134361/
Relevancy 26.66%

I bought a hitachi 500gb hdd today, I have vista on my old 80 gb hdd but want to put this 500gb into 3 partitions and run xp on it however....

Vista detects hdd as 500gb
XP detects hdda as 131gb

Is there something I need to do to get xp to recognise its fullsize?

A:HDD Size Problem

If it is not already, update you copy of Windows XP to Service Pack 2

Then use a partitioning tool to resize the partition to its full capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-size-problem.134065/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just bought a mini notebook (HP) and while installing and setting up, I notice my wireless router is setup for non secure. I anm leaving for Europe tomorrow and really need fast set-up to secure network. I called HP and OMG what a disaster. Can anyone give me a quick stet by step to change the security on my wireless roter? Thanks.

A:Changing Wireless from Public to Private

Setting up a secure network is fairly easy, unfortunately the steps vary by router manufacturer, and model.
If you tell us what router you have, we'll try to help. If you require immediate assistance and nobody can give you ana answer in time, try visiting tech support page of your router.

Linksys

D-Link

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-wireless-from-public-to-private.133940/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I want to change my IP address to another country (Europeen preferred) so that I can visit websites i've been banned from.

I visited what'smyip.com . When I go to cmd and type the command ipconfig\release I am told:
"The operation failed as no adaptor is in the state permissible for this operation"

I am the administrator, so what should I do?

By the way, since i'm new to the computer world, if this thread should be somewhere else please tell me where.

Thanx

A:IP Changing Problem

TechSpot does not help with the activity you request.
You have to be detected in one of the selected countries... It is not a simple declaration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-changing-problem.133524/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm new to Techspot. I wanted to get into a forum to try and solve an issue with my computer. The computer is a dell inspiron 1525, with vista, and receives the following message on startup, "internal hard disk drive not found."

A:Need help with error code 2000-0141

The usual cause is that the hard drive has gone bad... But you may just need to re-order your BIOS?
Have your tried borrowing another drive just to see if it is detected?
That computer can be about 2 1/2 years old... long enough for a drive to go bad...
But if you have valuable data on it, you don't want to mess with it too much... just because it doesn't boot, or is not detected, doesn't mean you cannot access it later to retrieve the data... because usually you can.
It can be a lot of other problems as well, so tell us more about your system and what you were in the middle of?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-error-code-2000-0141.130839/
Relevancy 25.8%

Title says it all. Also, could anyone recommend me a compatible motherboard?

A:What size of case to fit GeForce GTX 260 OCX Maxcore 896MB?

Hi houston,
as far as case goes, look for a mid tower case or better, one made for the gamer are sure to have room for high end cards. like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021
the mother board only requires a pcie 1.0 or pcie 2.0 slot, but is dependant on the cpu you plan to use, or are using. and the features you want. are you planning a new build? if you want to list what you use your computer. i, and others would be happy to make recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-of-case-to-fit-geforce-gtx-260-ocx-maxcore-896mb.129149/
Relevancy 26.23%

SImple question : whats the exact size of a 1gb pendrive ?

940 MB ?

990MB
1024 MB ?
Here's what right > properties shows me

Is this correct ? The reason I ask is because I think I may have messed up my pen-drive on linux

A:Exact size of a pen drive

That looks right to me :grinthumb

As for the exact size, well part of the space is used by the filesystem (Fat32) and I think there's some other memory amount used as well. Anyway, you never get exactly the stated amount on any drive (in your case 1024 Meg)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exact-size-of-a-pen-drive.127232/
Relevancy 24.51%

i'm trying to change the voltages on my AMD 5400+ Black Edition from 1.34v to get it past 3.2ghz because at 3.3ghz it'll shut down.

i've tried using ntune, rivatuner, clockgen, and there's no option or menu to change voltages, it only displays what the current voltage is.

in ntune there is a slider to change voltages in the CPU but at the bottom of the slider there is a "N/A" and the slider is shaded and it wont slide.

if there is any other program or something else i can do to change my CPU voltages let me know

Thank You,

A:Changing 5400+ Black Edition Voltages

what do you mean "non-proprietary"? And i've looked through my BIOS and found nothing... they're Phoenix Technologies BIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-5400-black-edition-voltages.126859/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've been given a Dell Optiplex GX280 with a busted mobo. It's the small mini-tower form factor; What size is the motherboard? Cheers

A:What size mobo is in a Dell Optiplex GX280?

Hmm there's seems to be a few here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx280/en/ug/index.htm

Also all your info, via Service Tag can be found here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-size-mobo-is-in-a-dell-optiplex-gx280.126367/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I just got Far Cry for my computer but i have to change the AGP aperture size to 64MB i dont know how to change it!!! Please help me out

A:How do I Change The AGP Aperture Size on A Windows XP Computer?

You will find a setting for agp in the computers bios. You're best bet it to change it to the same size as you graphics cards memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-change-the-agp-aperture-size-on-a-windows-xp-computer.126183/
Relevancy 24.94%

HI

i have tried to solve 2 wireless problems before here but to no avail
Ill try discussing another problem.

Sometimes, my wireless internet stops working. My adaptr shows the network, but it automatically logs out. When i try to log in, i get a message that the network settings on my computer are different from the network settings. To make it work again i have to switch my wiress adaptor off and turn it on again, then it works fine.

i tried this at a friend. my wireless logged off, when i tried to log in, it repeadly said that i am entering the wrong password. then i rsstarted my wireless adapotr and the same password worked fine.

what is this!?!?!

A:Wireless configuration changing?

likely you have connected to multiple hotspots (or any number of friends) WiFi sites
and this can lead to attempts to login to the wrong system.

with the WiFi active there should be a wifi icon in the system tray. click on it to
see the available networks.

then click on the one you want to access

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-configuration-changing.125971/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am about to change a lap top for another , it is a work lap. I want yo download and save

my music files and software for various applications. should I just downlaod to USB? or cd?

after download I want to purge the files folders and send back a clean machine without my files. I have xls files outlook contacts and music downloads both itunes and emusic and zen sync.

Long and short how do save anything that is important to me and transfer to new computer

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-computers.125829/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have had 2 sata hard drives for some time now. I recently added 2 ide drives.

Everytime I re boot I have to change the first boot back to the sata drive. How can a make this stay?

A:Boot keeps changing

So you have 4 hard drives
And likely minimum 1 DVD drive
And I think you mentioned on another thread you are running Striped or Mirror Raid Array

Is that correct?
Because if so, I think you may be going a little over-board.
You do know that most users just have 1 hard drive

Anyway, yes you could be getting conflicts with your drives (5 of them) and your motherboard chipset, who knows.
But the answer is to run the same manufacture and connection (ideally Sata) on multiple hard drives, especially if using Raid

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-keeps-changing.125008/
Relevancy 24.08%

I changed power supplies in my computer so it turns on now but the monitor would not come on. I was using a flat screen with DVI connection to a ATI video card. My computer guy thinks it is a ATI 2400 xp. I have the computer plugged into the monitor via vga port on the mother board (Asus PLD2-VM) and the monitor works but I want to use DVI from the ATI video card obviously. How do I get the computer to recognize the ATI card again. I tried to enable PCI and PCIE in the bios under boot but that didnt work. I have disabled those again and need direction what to do in bios and control panel. The fan is running on the video card so I think it is functioning. How do I determin if the card IS working and or why the computer wont recognize it.

corey

A:Video card not recognized after changing Power supplies

What was the reason you changed the power supply? I presume the card worked before with the old power supply at one time. Perhaps the graphics card was damaged somehow when the old power supply failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-recognized-after-changing-power-supplies.124850/
Relevancy 24.94%

I need to change my IP, went to a few different youtube vids and did what was explained...
Opened my linksys, went to mac address clone, changed numbers around, and I never got a new addy.
They kept saying change the last 2 numbers, but I have a DD in the last box...
IDK if my settings are different or my connection or what it is.

A:Changing IP thru Linksys Router

Doesn't your ISP (Internet Service Provider) supply your IP Address? Are you trying to "hide" your real IP adress

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-thru-linksys-router.123695/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have received several floppies from a customer of mine who would very much appreciate anything I can file processor recoverable? Word do to recover the files off of them They contain parts of a book he was writing on an old word processor I can get Word processor file recoverable? more details on the specific processor he used if needed Upon inserting the disc they all obviously ask me if I would like to format the disc and reads no data Word processor file recoverable? on them I am wondering if there are any Word processor file recoverable? programs availiable to read the data or if I should possibly install windows onto one of my older towers I have stored away see if they will read the info Here is a link to an earlier thread reguarding this similar topic and realblackstuff speaks of a program called smartdisk that reads over different types of files Anyone know about this at all Here is the link to the topic here in techspot http www techspot com vb all wind -old-Floppy-discs-used-by-Word-Processor html I followed the whole thread but came up empty My only lead seems to be the smartdisk program mentioned but I cannot seem to find it Basically any alternative method would be greatly appreciated to get this data off the discs somehow nbsp

A:Word processor file recoverable?

Look I'm not trying to spam or anything but try the TRIAL of http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/
If this doesn't help on your floppy recovery then they may be toast

If it does work (but obviously you cannot recover under trial) then we'll try to source some free alternatives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-processor-file-recoverable.123584/
Relevancy 25.8%

A few weeks ago we downloaded an updated driver for our video card so that my son could play a particular game. Now everything on our computer is larger in size: our desktop icons, our internet pages, our office software, etc. Is there an easy way to return everything back to it's original size or I am going to have to do it program by program?

A:Quick Question about page size, icons, etc

Right click an open area of the desktop, Left click properties, left click settings, move the screen resolution slider to the right a couple spots and apply. That's how you adjust that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-about-page-size-icons-etc.120607/
Relevancy 21.93%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the normal.dot thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-07-freezes.119814/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, I'm planning to change a new hard disk drive. Can anyone tell me what is the step(s) to be done? Do i need to reformat my hard disk?

Regards,
Michael

A:Changing new hard disk

shamanking said:

Hello, I'm planning to change a new hard disk drive.Click to expand...

If you read this over, you'll realize it doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.

It seems more likely that you're trying to replace a worn out drive , or add a new, extra drive for storage. But, that's just a wild guess.

Try posting back with a little more information, such as make and model of HDD, what computer/motherboard it's going into, with a little clearer explanation of what you're actually trying to do, and we'll have a better shot at helping you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-new-hard-disk.118215/
Relevancy 26.23%

I had some corrupted files on a 4GB flash drive and it got formatted to 474MB and I need to know how to format it back to 4GB

A:formatted to wrong size

simple. Go to disk management in windows. Also see :http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-to-wrong-size.80971/
Relevancy 26.23%

Are there any general rules for configuring stripe size on drives/RAID arrays? I've seen some people wanting to use smaller stripe sizes (as low as 512 bytes) on SSD drives. I've seen some posts saying 64K, the usual default, is best.

What are the advantages/disadvantages to larger/smaller stripe sizes? What types of files are best for what stripe size? What stripe sizes line up best with what uses?

Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.

A:Stripe size rules of thumb?

Covered here;

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic1596.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stripe-size-rules-of-thumb.117892/
Relevancy 23.22%

I m trying to put together a powerful computer that will last a very long time I d like an Intel quad-core processor at least GB of DDR RAM multiple USB slots FireWire wireless capabilities a fast DVD drive burner a good sound card and a fast HDD preferably GB or over I need a good graphics card or two graphics cards depending on the other hardware that can handle Counter-Strike Source Half-Life and other more demanding games Also a case to hold everything together enough power cooling etc I ll be using the computer for gaming video editing graphics design and generally very demanding operations all at Building PC with $2000 Budget the same time It would also be nice if the computer is easy to upgrade as new technologies come out I have about available to me not including the OS monitor keyboard and mouse which I ll take care of later Building PC with $2000 Budget I ve been doing some research but it s more complicated than I thought I d be grateful if anyone could recommend a build or any sort of advice nbsp

A:Building PC with $2000 Budget

with a core i7 setup you should be good for a while, Which will leave you happy with under a 2k budget.

You'll soon get post here about core 2 duos that can overclock to 4ghz. Those are all fine and dandy, they do their jobs well. On a 700-900 budget.

I'd recommend an core i7 setup, with a 3 or 6 gig ram kit. I think the asus and Gigabyte boards are great.

You may see a price drop after jan 8th when nvidia drops their new cards. I'd usually say a 4870 1gb version or a 4870x2 with your budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-with-2000-budget.118147/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey,

Just a quick one really im getting a new SATA HD when in the next few weeks of so, i know its gonna be over 750GB but that all i know atm. Anyhow just in your opinion what the best way of changing the hard drive from an old ATA to the new one and keeping the old Vista install. Ive got it set up how i like it and it seems to be going good so how can i keep it.

Thanks

A:Changing hard drive and keeping install

Imaging: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post664079-2.html
That's the easiest way

The best way would be to re-install clean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-hard-drive-and-keeping-install.118117/
Relevancy 22.79%

Does 8.1 and up work on w2k?
Just wondering. I have SP4 install and that update roller thing.

A:Windows 2000/Radeon Drivers

I'm certain 8.1 works on 2k and I think even 9.0c does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2000-radeon-drivers.116714/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm about to swap out my mobo (as well as my CPU, video card and RAM) and I just need to get one thing straight before I do it. Should I do a clean reinstall of my current OS (clean, as in wiping HD clean) before I put the new mobo in? Or do I install the mobo, then reinstall my OS? Also, I plan to eventually upgrade from my current OS, XP, to Vista. Should I do this now in the midst of my mobo change or wait until my new mobo is good to go (w/ BIOS and drivers) with XP? Sorry if I confused any or you.

A:Changing mobo: when do I clean reinstall Windows XP?

I don't think so.Just connect the current HD as Primary Master and
Check your mbd boot options to make it first.
A new HD is the only reason i see for a new install,but can be set as Secondary.
BTW Installing these devices requires an experienced user as there are
settings in the bios to do first.
Get a Motherboard Manual and CD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-mobo-when-do-i-clean-reinstall-windows-xp.116497/
Relevancy 25.37%

Over the weekend, I tried transferring a 6GB iso to two different external hard drives, but each time the error was that the file was too large, even though there were over 100GB of free space left on either hard drive. Do you guys know what the problem could be?

A:Restriction on file transfer size to external hard drive?

It is likely a Fat32 file system....... I believe the limit is 1 byte short of 4 gigs

I dont remmy if there is a limit for NTFS or not, but that is probably the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restriction-on-file-transfer-size-to-external-hard-drive.116066/
Relevancy 24.51%

hey guys, i just recently got my first windows smart phone, which is the samsung omnia (aka. i900). it came with windows mobile 6, and i must say, im kinda impressed and kinda dissappointed too. but thats another story.

the problem i am having quite frequently (2-3 times a day, for 4 days), is that the system clock keeps changing locations (time zones). i live in Melbourne, australia... so my system clock is set to Sydney time, but i am noticing that for some reason, the clock keeps changing back to london time (which i think might be the default). ive noticed there are a few different ways to set the time in the Omnia, whether is through the Windows Mobile settings, of via the Samsung interface settings. so ive been looking around for possible remedies to my problem, but havent been able to find anything.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your help.

A:Time keeps changing on WM6, samsung omnia...

found the solution, there is a bug in the Nav N Go iGo8 software. apparently whenever you open and close iGo8, it will set the system clock according to the time in the program. the program's clock can be set, but will not save upon exit. the solutions is...

Just add this to your Storage Card\iGO8\Sys.txt

[timezone]
sync_os_timezone=0
reset_os_timezone=0

this will enable you to save the time within the iGo software, and once your WM system clock and your iGo clock are in sync... no more issues.

cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-keeps-changing-on-wm6-samsung-omnia.116103/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I have a system running Win XP Pro Sp with Re-Size partition? RAID0 clusters on RAID on drives and non-RAID on another drive I have my OS on the first RAID partition As far as I know Re-Size clusters on RAID0 partition? the cluster size is still default which I believe is K for NTFS Would i benefit by changing the cluster size for the system drive to K If the answer is yes is there a way to do this without having to reformat the volume and re-install the OS I have Partition Magic but it will not work on RAID volumes It does not appear that Symantec has a newer version of PM If I do need to reformat and re-install would having a complete backup of the system drive help Would restoring the backup onto the fresh install with larger cluster size produce any issues One reason I thought about resizing the cluster size is that I have already done it on other volumes in the RAID system and find that I have much less fragmentation according to Diskeeper Pro It would make sense that larger clusters will be more efficient for large files but I am not sure about the effect on the system volume I appreciate any advice help FW nbsp

A:Re-Size clusters on RAID0 partition?

I'm just answering this part:

would having a complete backup of the system drive help? Would restoring the backup onto the fresh install with larger cluster size produce any issues?Click to expand...

Always best to make backups (all support will recommend this as number 1)
Restoring will Not be an issue. Especially if backups made on say DVD Media (actually any external media!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-size-clusters-on-raid0-partition.113787/