Windows Support Forum

My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

Q: My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

Someone help me please cannot access but can cable LAN wifi internet My It s urgent Windows IP Configuration Host Name kent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -A -AF- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -CA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - C- - - -CA- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CB C E- EC - E - CD- BE B CDC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA FDD -F C - BD - D -CEDB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-cannot-access-internet-but-lan-cable-can.203495/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I'm having wired modem for internet
and I need to connect via wifi to a LAN

When I connect to both the connection shows as
Computer ----- Multiple Network --X-- Internet
Wifi LAN works fine but I cant access the internet

When I connect to either one only, its all ok
but I would like it to work simultaneously if possible.

Saw solution for the other way round, tried myself but I cant solve this

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance

A:[Help] Cable Internet + Wifi LAN

sry forgot to mention tat I'm on a home vista64

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/271460-help-cable-internet-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am having a strange problem with wifi but with Internet using cable not a computer that I have I have internet only when a cable is plugged into this device Using wifi no matter where it will say connected When I try to Internet using cable but not with wifi surf using any of the browsers I have it tells me I m not connected to the internet To further complicate this issue When I have this pc connected via hard wire then disconnect the wire and switch to wifi I can only browse the website that I was on with the wire I tried this with cnn com I loaded cnn com with the cable connected disconnected this cable then started clicking tabs They all loaded just fine I even read some of the articles Here is a list of the things I have tried First thing I did was run a rootkit search using tdsskiller exe rootkits can do some amazing things Reset all of my internet explorer settings Internet using cable but not with wifi to default made sure there wasn t a proxy configured Internet using cable but not with wifi via internet options Released and renewed IP and DNS using auto configure Tried the winsock fix and restarted Ran Malwarebytes Tried turning off disabling the wireless and re-enabling it Uninstalled the most recent microsoft updates Restored my computer using safe mode Restored my computer using factory windows only restore Saves all of your files without reformatting Notes This computer is part of a domain because it is a business computer But I have the same results even logging in locally as administrator All rootkit malware scans came back with results I have windows firewall disabled Any help would be appreciated Blue

A:Internet using cable but not with wifi

Your posting history here at BC indicates a history of malware problems.

Based on that (and not discounting the possibility of defective hardware), I am moving this to the Am I Infected forum.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469022/internet-using-cable-but-not-with-wifi/
Relevancy 62.78%

I can't connect wirelessly only with cable. I had no problems connecting via WiFi until recently. In "Manage Wireless Networks" it says "Wireless is not currently enabled"
Help please!

A:Can't Connect To The Internet Via WiFi, But Can With Cable

Please post some relevant specs on your computer.
Retail? Homebuild? Desktop? Laptop? Age of computer?
What have you already done to try to fix the problem? That way we don't waste time explaining how to do things you have tried already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629989/cant-connect-to-the-internet-via-wifi-but-can-with-cable/
Relevancy 62.35%

My comp was infected with a virus until I finally got MBAM to work and delete all my viruses and rootkits. My Internet was working fine both ways before I installed it. But now i can connect to it, but when I access the Internet in any of my browsers (firefox, ie8, opera, or safari) I get a blank screen in firefox after going to any site, and the rest just say that it's not connected to the Internet. Even tried going into Safe Mode with Networking, no luck. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I am using windows xp sp3 with firewall off and system restore disabled by group policy and using the admin account does not help solve the problem either.

A:Wifi or Internet cable won't connect me to Internet

Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.EDIT I moved this to Am I Infected also

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344877/wifi-or-internet-cable-wont-connect-me-to-internet/
Relevancy 62.35%

for a while, my ispiron 6000 could not find any wifi availability but my compaq presario has no such trouble finding the router or other wifi. now, the inspiron will not connect to the internet even though it has been doing so via hard wire. using mse and its firewall. tried system restore but that did not help. any clues?

Relevancy 62.35%

my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be blocking my access. email

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64056-my-computers-cannot-connect-internet-via-cable-only-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 61.49%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I can not get any internet running through my laptop, I have checked the hosts file, checked proxys, auto obtain ip address, and nothing is working... This is only a new problem, and have used both ways connecting to the Internet within the last week.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey I can t get my head around this on my desktop were internet has always been working fine has started to be really really slow I can t navegate I have tried repairing the network deleting temp s restarting the router changing my MAC nothing seems to do the trick I suspect something is blocking my system I have xp SP on my desktop and internet runs flawlessly on linux on my portable I m really close on changing OS forever it s a pity I m a gamer Here is my HJT log Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS on wifi desktop cable, quick laptop. via via on internet Slow my system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Archivos de programa ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Java Java Update jusched exe C Archivos de programa DAEMON Tools daemon Slow internet on my desktop via cable, quick via wifi on laptop. exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C FRAPS FRAPS EXE C Archivos de programa SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Archivos de programa Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Archivos de programa ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jqs exe C Archivos de programa CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Archivos de programa Tunngle TnglCtrl exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Archivos de programa uTorrent uTorrent exe C ARCHIV THEKMP KMPlayer exe C ARCHIV THEKMP KMPlayer exe D Juegos steam Steam exe C Archivos de programa Winamp winamp exe C Archivos de programa Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Archivos de programa SRWare Iron iron exe C Archivos de programa SRWare Iron iron exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Archivos de programa SRWare Iron iron exe D programas HIJACK Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Archivos de programa SRWare Iron iron exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsue com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName V nculos O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C ARCHIV MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Archivos de programa Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Archivos de programa Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar QT Breadcrumbs Address Bar - af e c-dd b- - b- b dee ed - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar QT TabBar - d bf e-ed c- f-a - bd eb ce - mscoree dll file missing O - Toolbar QT Tab Standard Buttons - D BF E-ED C- F-A - BD EB CE - mscoree dll file missing O - HKLM Run egui quot C Archivos de programa ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Archivos de programa ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Archivos de programa uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools quot C Archivos de programa DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot D Juegos steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run Fraps C FRAPS FRAPS EXE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SERVICIO LOCAL O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce nltide rundll advpack ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-internet-on-my-desktop-via-cable-quick-via-wifi-on-laptop.1014917/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 60.2%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 60.2%

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Guys I ve ethernet no 7 modem from can't access Win internet ipv4 - have ipv6 internet no cable been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing good yet So I m directly connected to a modem cable and well my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here s my ipconfig log Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn t change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don t know why I had to use them also and maybe don t exactly know how to use this Windows troubleshooter tells me DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m nbsp

A:Win 7 - can't have internet access cable ethernet from modem ipv6 no internet ipv4 no

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-cant-have-internet-access-cable-ethernet-from-modem-ipv6-no-internet-ipv4-no.1136264/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Sony Vaio running Windows Home Premium Yesterday I accessed the Internet at the office over a Cat cable Last or wireless, cable, via Internet Internet No Access Cat5 dongle night I No Internet Access via Cat5 cable, wireless, or Internet dongle accessed the Internet at home via my USB Internet dongle actually an O mobile phone Today neither works I have also tried to connect to the Internet via Wireless and that does not work either Needless to say my desktop using the same Cat cable works My mobile phone can access the Internet on it own And others can get the wireless to work My Vaio can connect to all three however all three say quot No Internet access quot I changed nothing between last night and this morning I have scanned through the list of Windows Updates and nothing has been downloaded in the past week I have turned off my firewalls in both McAfee and Symantec Endpoint Protection I have run the three NETSH reset commands with Administrator privileges I have rebooted my machine numerous times Nothing works I have done an IPCONFIG on a two of these connections on their own and can PING myself but not the Default Gateway I realise that this sounds impossible that I have done nothing and it has broken anyway but modern PCs are constantly quot fixing themselves quot and so some invisible background process must have messed something up Thing is I do not know where to even start to look nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Dell Inspiron 700m and have recently developed problems accessing the internet. I have always used a Netgear wireless card RangeMax WPN511. Now I get "limited or not connectivity" when I choose my network but if I choose wifi network I can log on and access the internet..
I have disabled the firewall thinking that it may be the culprit but no luck.
Any suggestions?

A:No internet access but strong signal and can access via Wifi

I'm confused. What is this "wifi" you're selecting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-but-strong-signal-and-can-access-via-wifi.769878/
Relevancy 58.48%

I use Cox cable for internet access, and I would like to set up a wireless network so that I can access the internet from a Dell laptop. I have a D-Link DCM-202 cable modem with USB connectivity for the hardwired connection from my desktop computer to the cable company. I have a Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHZ broadband router that only talks about an ethernet connection in the installation guide. Can I use this with my USB connection? If not, is there a wireless router that is compatible with the USB connection, or do I need to change my cable connection to ethernet?

A:Cox cable for internet access

I have never seen a router that will work with USB . . I think you will have to go with Ethernet connections . . which are less troublesome by the way.

If you do not have a network card in the pc, they are pretty cheap these days.

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cox-cable-for-internet-access.312170/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron N with Windows I have been using Time problem fine. with Wired internet access works Internet WiFi. Solved: Warner Internet It worked fine until yesterday WiFi stopped working out of the blue When I tried wired connection works pretty well Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. I do not recall any significant changes to my computer while this happened So now I can connect to the wifi hotspot but it says quot No Internet Connection quot When I connect the LAN wire with the WiFi router internet works The moment I remove it it says No Internet Access although computer is connected to the hotspot and signal is very well The drivers are being shown as up to date in device manager I tried following instructions given here http www wikihow com Repair-Winsock-and-TCP IP This didn t work Problem persists I have been through some threads around here This is the ipconfig output C Users Depp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Depp-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Physical Address -F -A -C - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter CableNet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine. A -BA-DB-D - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - D- F-A -BA-DB-D - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A B EA- DDD- CED- D- F D D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CBBDDF -CCAB- EFF- C - F D D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B-ACB - - A-EFCE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Depp gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Depp gt ping www google com Ping request could not find host www google com Please check ... Read more

A:Solved: Internet access problem with WiFi. Wired internet works fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-access-problem-with-wifi-wired-internet-works-fine.1088713/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All I have established a Virtual Wifi Miniport and would like via Internet internet miniport Virtual Wifi sharing access drops to share my laptops internet via the Miniport Whenever I connect my android phone with this access point it works perfectly for a few minutes and then all of a sudden there is Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access no internet on the phone The phone remains connected to the laptop hotspot Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access but the internet access is no more there Now at this point if I Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access disconnect the connection between my phone and the hotspot and then again try to reconnect back again it wont even connect The phone will keep on searching and shows connecting status but can never connect I have tried all sorts of softwares connectify virtual router intel mywifi and even tried to create a hotspot from the cmd using netsh command All the hotspots work in the exact same way intially works perfect but maybe after half an hour internet is gone I have completed all the steps properly even changed the settings in the laptop adapter with interet access to allow other networks to connect but nothing seems to work I have a Windows Machine and my wireless adapter is Intel R Centrino R Wireless N- and the drivers are up to date according to windows I know that its a problem with my laptop OS or something because my android phone can connect and remain connected without losing internet to the connectify hotspot in my wifi enabled desktop PC I am breaking my head over this for the past days even formatted my system once but no use Please help if you can please

A:Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access

I guess no one has an answer to this one...my bad luck...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196712-internet-sharing-via-virtual-wifi-miniport-drops-internet-access.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hiya I m cable unplugged internet LAN Can't access - a newbie here nice to meet you all seeking some advice I live in the UK in Exeter Devon I Can't access internet - LAN cable unplugged inherited a new Pc from my parents workplace running Windows XP Professional I ve done a FAST transfer wizard and it tells me it was successful but I m unable to log in using the old id from the old PC I can t add a new account and I m not sure if it s safe to remove an old account I can log in only on the old password and user name I m also unable to connect to the internet My system tray tells me there is a quot Local Area Network cable unplugged quot When I plug in the old grey modem cable from the old pc which was using a dial-up connection there is no dial tone on the phone When I tell it to dial-up it tells me there is a hardware problem with the modem or other connecting device I ve had a look at some books and I think because the old PC was built for a network there isn t a port I can use for dial-up just an ethernet port So I decided to buy a pay-as-you-go Vodafone dongle That installed itself with no problem and set up it s own connection as far as I can tell the network coverage seems to be fine they checked my postcode and that s fine But the page displays the message that the website can t be found Could that be the website I was trying to access was busy Vidafone s website and instructions don t seem at all helpful Cananyone shed any light on these matters I m not very PC savvy at all in these things but happy to have a go if you give me clear step-by-step instructions Many thanks jill nbsp

A:Can't access internet - LAN cable unplugged

Jill,

Your "Local Area Network cable unplugged" error is probably because the machine was either on a company network (Local Area Network) when your parents had it or it was connecting to the internet using a broadband router/modem. Both methods can use the "Ethernet" connector on the back of your PC (It has a picture of a straight line with 2 computers above the line and 1 below it, all connected together). This is not the same type of connection as your old grey modem connection and you should not try and connect the old grey modem cable to it. It is also a different size physically larger than your telephone connection. The solution would be to get broadband into your home, buy a router/modem and get a tech savvy friend to set it up for you.
If you still want to go dialup, you will probably have to fit a modem into your PC and connect your grey cable to that.

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-internet-lan-cable-unplugged.121005/
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows Network Diagnostics Publisher details Issues found quot Local Area Connection quot doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot Local Area Connection quot doesn t have internet but connected cable access Lan no a valid IP configuration Detected Reset the quot Local Area Connection quot adapter Not run Investigate router or broadband modem issues Not run Issues found Detection details quot Local Area Connection quot doesn t have a valid IP configuration Detected Lan cable connected but no internet access Reset the quot Local Area Connection quot adapter Not run This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem Investigate router or broadband modem issues Not run If you re connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device After all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Lan cable connected but no internet access Turn the device on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart Lan cable connected but no internet access a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Detection details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Local Area Connection driver information Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Manufacturer Realtek Provider Realtek Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date Friday January AM Section Name RTL E ndi Hardware ID pci ven ec amp dev amp rev Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Network Diagnostics Log File Name CDF B - F - C- -D FE A E Diagnose etl Collection information Computer Name KATHIR-PC Windows Version Architecture amd Time Sunday December PM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-cable-connected-but-no-internet-access.1082971/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone!

I've been using Windows 7 for a couple of months now but since a few days ago I noticed something very strange. At home, I use a wireless connection, but at the office I have to connect my laptop to the network via a LAN cable. So, upon inserting it in the ethernet port and a moment's wait, the network is recognized, I got a local access - but no internet. Did all I could think of, including restrting DNS Client service, renewing ip address... nothing helped. Strangely enough a couple of restarts of the computer magically solve the problem - at least for the day. Next day - it's the same story all over again.

Does anyone of you know what might be causing this issue and accordingly - how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

A:No Internet access when connecting LAN cable

Hey. If your LAN connection and wireless are bridged in the network connection part of the control panel, that could be the problem. If this is the case I work around it by deleting the bridge, then disabling my network card (from the network connections screen) and enable it again, then the connections should be fine
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I had/have the same problem, but I believe mine stems from the network bridge driver. My desktop doesnt have wireless and i dont really have a router, so i just use an Ethernet cable connect it to my laptop (which has wireless), then bridge the connection, thats when Windows 7 gets upset and no matter what i do I can't connect to any wireless networks.
The only workaround I have been able to come up with is by first bridging the connection, then disabling my laptops wireless network connection, then reenable it again, and connect to the wireless network. Its a real pain but for now I guess it will have to do.

A little long winded I know, but I hope this could be of help to you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28228-no-internet-access-when-connecting-lan-cable.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
Coming straight to the point... Whenever I use a long LAN cable on my friend's laptop, "no internet access" appears. I mentioned 'long cable' because his laptop can access internet by using short LAN cable and Yes, the long cable is OK as I have tested it on other laptops.

Can anyone please identify the reasons? I have checked by manually entering IP address etc. and updating drivers. Plz help.

I don't completely remember all the specs but some are written below:
HP Compaq Presario CQ58, Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), Atheros wifi adaptor, Realtek Ethernet adaptor.

Thanx in advance.

A:No internet access on long LAN cable

he may have a LAN adapter set to Gb which will require all 8 wires working in the cable
other adapters 10/100 only require 4 wires

if the LONG cable works on other PCs - that maybe the issue
how long is the cable - it could also be a length issue
100meters or more
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check network adapter Speed Setting

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
​For Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm
​Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + ​
right click on the ethernet adapter

>properties
>Advanced Tab
select from the list and click on
>Speed & duplex
now on the right hand side
what is showing ?
You can select - auto negotiation, 10/100/1000 duplex and half-duplex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-on-long-lan-cable.1118940/
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear All,

Ok, i'm gonna make it and quick and easy for you guys,here.

My internet connection is Cable, I'm using window XP of course. What i want is, limiting internet access time for my sister. Say i want her to access only from 8pm to 9pm and other time i can just enter some kinda code to make a free access for myself. IS there any program out there which capable of doing this?

Thanks.

A:Cable Internet access limiting

i think this is what your looking for its called Broadband internet lock security
it can Disconnect your PC from your broadband Internet connection manually or automatically. Set session time limits. Further restrict access with password protection. the only problem is it is demo but you might be able to by the licence for the full version even give the demo a go,The link to the program can be found here http://www.programurl.com/software/disconnect.htm and scroll down untill you find Broadband internet lock security

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-internet-access-limiting.555210/
Relevancy 58.05%

My daughter has asked me to post a question in hopes that someone will give her advice that will solve her problem. She has cable Internet service in Chicago. There was a storm which knocked out the service. A tech came and was not able to help her. She is unable to work and her phone is also out since it's voip. All the lights are on on her cable modem. When she opens IE, the loading icon looks like it is working. She has power cycled the modem several times. Can you please just give ideas she might try? She is desperate for any/all help. I know that I've been told to use the "run" window from the "start" menu and do something, but I don't remember what.
Thanks!
PS I am posting this in two forums since I am not sure which is more applicable.

A:Help with Internet access via cable modem

try start - settings - network connections - right click on the local area connection tab and select Repair
or: i had the same problem after a storm -lights blinking but no internet - tech came out and replaced a small part -cant remember what - said the part burns out often during a during -maybe your tech was not up to par...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-internet-access-via-cable-modem.507945/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey everyone, sorry if this is in wrong area.

So today I bought a secondhand computer. It's a Toshiba Satelite L875D-S7230.

When I connect it to my home wifi it connects no problem and says 'internet access' when I hover over the icon. However when I open open google chrome or internet explorer and type in a site, it takes a little while then says this page cannot be displayed or this web page is unavailable.

The guy I bought it from says he had no issues. And I know it's not the internet because I'm using the internet to post this from phone.
I've tried a few ideas that worked for other people on other forums like using cmd box but to no avail.

Has anyone got any idea why the computer is being such a turd?? Can anyway give advice on how to fix the problem? Thank you all so much!

A:Connected to wifi, PC says 'internet access' but can't browse internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-pc-says-internet-access-but-cant-browse-internet.1131623/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I know I know you've heard that before Me too My wifes computer has had that issue many more times But usually a simple reboot disabling and reenabling and reboot would usually solve the problem This time though it has buffled me for a couple of days Let me tell what I've done ... Cable) Network, (On Access Eth ! Internet Unidentified Again No I actually have done all that I could find on the internet namely Rebooted the Computer Enabled and re-enabled the driver Rebooted the modem and switch Looked for that service that a lot of people mention on the internet I don't have it Installed the extra service on Ipv for multicast networks Changed how windows treat unidentified networks Updated the driver Downloaded and updated all the drivers from the manufacturers site Tried to set specific Address and specific instead of automatic address also set the DNS to and Rebooted a hundred times Nothing has worked so far I am on ASRock N PV-GLAN motherboard with Nvidia NForce Networking I am attaching my ipconfig having set to find the address to auto What is strange is that it defaults to a strange address instead of but when I specifically ask for an address it accepts it but nothing happens beyond that It still finds and unidentified network and no internet connection btw I am on an ethernet cable and not wifi connection Everything was working absolutely fine until the day before yesterday All of a sudden in the morning I saw the dreaded sign and that was it I am at a loss for options any ideas are welcome Please help ps If you need any more information please let me know

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access ... Again ! (On Eth Cable)

This is my ipconfig, after asking for specific IP Address and DNS.

It doesn't work either..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342390-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-again-eth-cable.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I Connected internet but ethernet access through no cable will try to explain my situation as best I could I have a desktop running windows XP Professional Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access x SP and my network adapter is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller The desktop is connected to the network with an ethernet cable Here is my problem Up until yesterday the internet connectivity just stopped working I am seeing a very low number of received Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access packets as opposed to the high number when it was working It is showing that it is connected to the network but I still can t access the internet Also I should mention that the desktop is at work and it is connected to a DHCP server that assigns IP addresses I have updated all the drivers and I have used Winsock Fix and Netsh but it still isn t working However the weird thing is that if assign a static IP address to it it works But I can t do this because I am not suppose to hook it up to the ports assigned to the switch for static IP s It has to be connected to the DHCP switch Why does it work when assigned a static but not if it gets an IP assigned by the DHCP server or switch Also even if I try to reset renew or release the IP when I connect again it still gives me the same IP It wont change Sorry if i m not explaining too well Again this is why i m asking for help i m not too good with these things TIA to anyone and everyone who can give me any ideas I ll try them all and i ll post back if it helps Thanks again nbsp

A:Connected through ethernet cable but no internet access

Make sure the following services are Started (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services).

DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.
Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-through-ethernet-cable-but-no-internet-access.1056583/
Relevancy 57.19%

hey

hoping someone can help me out

I'm a 3g dongle to connect to the net, I previously set up the ps3 to connect through same via the wired connection.
That work fine for a bit, until I updated the firmware, Since then the PS can't seem to obtain an IP address and after setting a static IP it gives me a DNS error. On the flip side, my LAN is giving me a no internet access problem(ipv4) and also an unidentified network

I've changed the cable, released and renewed and reset the ipconfig and also flush DNS. I'm having the same problem with my laptop. Both were able to share the connection with the PS3 before.

(Pc runs windows 7 32 bit and laptop win 7 64bit)

Any suggestions?

A:LAN no internet access -when connecting to PS3 with ethernet cable

By LAN do you mean your network icon on the PC your dongle's connected to? I assume you're using a router right? This may be an insultingly simple tip, but did you power cycle that router yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241420-lan-no-internet-access-when-connecting-ps3-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone,

I'm having this problem for two days already.
I can't access the internet through wifi router, but when I connect the cable modem directly to my laptop, it works perfectly fine. When I try to connect again through the router it says I have "Limited" connectivity or no internet access.

I tried resetting the router but to no avail. I would appreciate your answers.
I'm using Windows 8 btw.

Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows Home Premium bit Up until days ago I had absolutely no and No on network wireless Internet access w/cable problem using its wifi and or staying connected to the Internet Two days ago however while being on Skype my Internet connection got disconnected unexpectedly With windows Network Diagnostics I sometimes get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot and sometimes quot Local Area Connection Wireless Network Connection doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot OR quot computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist quot No Internet access on wireless network and w/cable Even with the cable I am not able to connect to the internet so I can t update the network adapter or fix the problem online Looking at the Basic network information and set up connections in Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center I see my laptop sometimes connected sometimes however the line between the laptop and the unidentified network has a yellow triangle on it and I can see the internet with a red X on the connection line between that and the unidentified network When checking the Wireless Network Connection Status it s showing that it s connected activity s showing sent and received bytes but says no Internet access to both IPv and IPv connectivity I read lots of blogs and advice and tried many of those fixes that were recommended some of which were the following shorter versions - unplugging and replugging the power cable to the modem - resetting the wireless router -rolling back driver - obtaining IP address and DNS server address automatically for Internet Protocol V and V -changing the quot Preferred DNS server quot to Later repeated it and changed the quot Preferred DNS server quot to - netsh int ip reset CMD - netsh winsock reset CMD -reset TCP IP -disabling IPv - clearing browser history - system restore to an earlier point on my laptop After each change I restarted the laptop None of the above worked Right now under status it s showing IPv connectivity no Internet access PIv connectivity no network access I ve used this network for a while and this is the first time this problem has occurred Be it network driver issue or a patch of some sort i may need to download until i can connect to the internet I can t fix this problem on my own In the meanwhile no other computer or phone with wifi in the house has any problem connecting to the Internet I took it to a computer technician who said I need to reinstall Windows But none of the many blogs here and elsewhere I read even remotely mention that Is that the only solution Before I m messing up the system even more I wanted to ask the Expert What am I not doing right in fixing this issue Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:No Internet access on wireless network and w/cable

Could you try downloading the driver for your network adapter from a different computer, save it on a usb flash drive, uninstall the driver via device manager on the laptop, restart, then install from USB? It sounds to me like the driver got corrupted. If it was a Windows problem, the system restore point should have fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-on-wireless-network-and-w-cable.1011726/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Motorola sr 5100 SURFboard cable modem that I also get foxtel on. I can run a CAT5 cable into the back of my PC and it automatically connects me to the internet. But I dont know how to connect the cable modem to my TP LINK TL-WR941 ND wireless n router so that I can allow my laptop to connect to the internet. I am able to connect to the wireless router from the laptop and it resolves an IP address no worries. I have connected the cable modem through the WAN port and also one of the LAN ports but it still doesnt give internet access. I am not sure about how to set it up properly

A:Solved: Access cable internet through wireless router

It's not working because your font is too small for the router to see. Actually, it's me that's having the problem reading it. Please use normal size if you want me to attempt to read any more.

Reset the router to factory default settings.
With the modem and router unplugged and the computers shut down connect the modem to the router's WAN port and computer(s) to LAN port(s).
Plug in modem. Plug in router. Boot computer(s) and you should have internet access. If not, clone to the router the MAC Address of the computer that gets internet access when connected to the modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-cable-internet-through-wireless-router.909441/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have been asked by friends to help them reconfigure their computer system in the wake of transferring from internet access through Wireless Solved: Internet from Cable Converting Access to a cable company and accompanying cable modem to access through a community wireless network The wireless imposes new constraints on their equipment It involves MAC address registration with the wireless system administration thus requires a wireless adapter on each computer that is going to connect with the system directly The network is unsecured except for Solved: Converting from Cable to Wireless Internet Access the MAC address registration and uses an IP variable address series which happens to be x x This results in competition with their previous home wireless file and printer sharing Before consulting with them I would like to know if my understanding of the following scenarios is correct I would appreciate any comments from Terry or other experts on the forum Scene Husband has desktop A with wireless adapter registered with the community network system and can access the internet directly He wants to be able to connect with a wireless printer For this my understanding is that he will need to connect thru an ethernet cable to a wireless access point This needs to use a different IP address series which happens to be x and is set staticly The printer IP address is also set staticly Both are a part of a secured home network workgroup This is the proper configuration is it not and should not interfere with the community network Meanwhile Wife has a separate desktop B also equipped with a wireless adapter registered with the community wireless system If she is hard-wired to a printer and does not need to share files with Husband she should be able to operate independently Scene Wife wants to access the wireless printer and share files with Husband She can do this and be able to continue independent access to the internet as I understand it if she connects by a LAN ethernet adapter and cable to a router servicing a joint wireless AP She would have to set her ethernet adapter to the home workgroup IP address series and could do so staticly Am I right in assuming both computers should be able to communicate through the outside wireless to the internet without interference with each other and each would be able to access the workgroup wireless printer Question -- Would it be satisfactory to have each computer go to a simple switch and then connect the switch through a single cable to a wireless AP Scene Husband wants to add a laptop C to the workgroup There would be no difficulty in joining the home workgroup and accessing the printer and the two other computers through its wireless adapter This would have to be set to the same IP address system x and would have to be set for the proper security access to the home AP But it could not be used to access the internet directly through its wireless adapter because of the conflict in incoming wireless signals The laptop could be set to receive internet service through internet connection sharing with either computer A or computer B But my question is quot Would not the computer that is not sharing internet connection have to disable its wireless adapter and join in the internet connection sharing also quot It would then no longer be able to operate independently and would depend upon the host computer being turned on and receiving a good signal This is somewhat long-winded but I would appreciate any comments if any of my assumptions above are wrong nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have two PCs wired to my Linksys Router access Cable) Internet (LAN, Solved: Router, problem BEFSR PC Solved: Internet access problem (LAN, Router, Cable) - Compaq Presario with Windows Solved: Internet access problem (LAN, Router, Cable) XP media Edition PC - Emachines W with Windows XP Solved: Internet access problem (LAN, Router, Cable) Home I am using PC to post this message because PC is having a connection issue I ran the router setup configure disc in PC and it connected perfectly and I am able to browse the internet from it Obviously I had previously hooked a PS into the router and was able to download content for it But when I got PC and plug it into the router via belkin fastcat cat e patch cable which works fine with PC I can see that the LAN is connected but I have no connectivity of any programs that use the internet Firefox IE Messeger and whatnot Here is the IPCONFIG ALL on PC Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Titan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hot rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hot rr com Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -CA- - - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Thursday August A M C Documents and Settings Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Laptop less than 3 years old.Cant connect to Eir network without using the Ethernet connecting cable connected from modem to laptop.Once every few days it will connect for a few minutes without that cable conncted,but network connection then drops out .Battery always charged.Wi-Fi light on top of keybord always comes on blue light.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-access-internet-when-yellow-Ethernet-cable-connected/td-p/5834176
Relevancy 56.76%

atm i have internet through wireless but local only unidentified network through the cable from the router cisco linksys e any idea how i can fix my cable connect to give internet again i have a ipconfig all report for just the cable wireless disabled fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Solved: cable wireless internet through through access only Description isatap A -E B - F - A - C BB B br C F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B Solved: local only through cable internet access through wireless EB - C - D Solved: local only through cable internet access through wireless - A- BE ED br Physical Address - - - - - - -E Solved: local only through cable internet access through wireless DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B EB - C - D - A- BE ED br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - ... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

Appended below are the following log files ipconfig all TechGuy SysInfo Log HijackThis Log attach log from dds scr note this program did not create a file named dds txt ark log from GMER FSS log from Farbar ipconfig all Microsoft modem. Ethernet cannot bit cable XP 32 to access via Windows DSL Internet Windows Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. XP Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. Version C Copyright Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem. - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Rick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name D P J Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - - A- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp R Antivirus None HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Utilities Antivirus HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sandboxer com redirect aspx ID amp MID JSAG S SGESDE BT L G P AAP ZS HWF R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - A A- - C-A - E D - no file O - BHO AppGraffiti - F A - E - D B- - B EA C EF - C PROGRA APPGRA APPGRA DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO no name - F A - B- E - A - F B D - no file O - BHO XBTBPos - FCBCCB - - B D-B -F D BEB - C Program Files Fast Browser Search IE FBStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Fast Browser Search Toolbar - BB D -A - B -A -C A F EC - C Program Files Fast Browser Search IE FBStoolbar dll O - To... Read more

A:Windows XP 32 bit cannot access Internet via Ethernet cable to DSL modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-32-bit-cannot-access-internet-via-ethernet-cable-to-dsl-modem.1097937/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am a student living in university halls where access to a residential internet network is via an ethernet cable which you plugin in your room This has been working fine however after a recent windows update - it started saying no internet access the usual ethernet connection icon but with the little yellow exclamation mark There is nothing wrong with the university network my friend s internet is working fine next door and a university IT person informed me that it is most likely my computer So the only way I have been using the internet is by doing a system restore to before the updates were installed - and the internet works fine 'No cable after Update ethernet via access' internet Windows with the ethernet cable At least twice now I have left my laptop and the windows update prompt has reached the end of the timer and automatically installed the updates - and again I get the no internet access error and have to do another system restore I am sure it must be the update but bear in mind that I do occasionally have a no internet access icon and I usually have to restart my laptop and re-insert the cable to remedy the problem I tried this several times after the updates and I still had no internet access Here s my IPCONFIG ALL log which might help - but this is after a system restore and before the updates are then installed causing the error the only way I can access the internet to post on here Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Scott gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name STUDENT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR X Wireless 'No internet access' via ethernet cable after Windows Update Network Adapter Physical Address - - B-F - D-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet 'No internet access' via ethernet cable after Windows Update adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lancs ac uk Description Marvell Yukon 'No internet access' via ethernet cable after Windows Update E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d baa c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - - - D-BA-F - - DNS Servers fe b a f e Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter isatap lancs ac uk Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c a f dd e Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c a f dd e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Scott gt nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

My wireless connection is working, I even have packets sent and received, but Internet explorer "cannot find server or DNS error". Do you know what happens, and can you help me to solve this problem?

A:WiFi, but not Internet access

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-not-internet-access.582486/
Relevancy 56.33%

My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now I can't even connect to the wifi.
Basically I put the password and it connects, but the wifi icon has the yellow exclamation mark and it says "Unidentified network, no internet access".

I already tried uninstalling the network adapters from the Device Manager.. What should I do?

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69015-no-internet-access-my-wifi.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I own a HP Envy J-007TX, and it is showing limited access to my mobile hotspot, I tried few steps from forum but it ain't working, also I tried to trouble shoot its shows "Wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Please help me I have urgent work to do. Thanks in advance.

A:No internet access on wifi

conect your ethernet cablego to control panel-device manager-network adapteryour network adapter-Right clik and update it- disable it-enable it.take the cable off and reconnect with you wifiStart-Control Panel-Windows FirewallAllow a program or feature-remove Bonjourreboot computer

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-access-on-wifi/td-p/5757067
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a modem/router that let's me access internet in a laptop or cellphone through wifi but in PC connected directly to network there seems to be a DNS issue or something that loads a page 1 out of 100 times and getting worse every day until no page will load for hours or take a huge time to load. Tried a lot of methods but none made a difference. flushdns and other commands, winsockspfix, edited and changed registry keys winsock and winsock2 with ''correct" ones. Rebooted modem but issue is on PC only and perfect on wifi as a matter of fact i'm on the Wifi connection at this time. Im new at techguy so sorry if there is any mistake with this post.

Relevancy 56.33%

There are our laptops being used in this house, one of which (Dell Inspiron) won't connect to the WiFi. It also has a habit of shutting down. There is no WiFi problem with the other three. I have tried Googling the problem but nothing of much use was found.

Help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

A:Can't access WiFi or internet. Help please.

Really silly question - but the wi-fi on this Inspiron is enabled ?  Surprising how often the obvious gets overlooked.

Go into 'Device Manager' and look for any yellow exclamation marks against your wi-fi adapter - click 'Start - RIGHT click on 'Computer' - click 'Properties' - click Device manager in the top left hand corner'. You will see an item 'Network adapters' with a + beside it. Click on the '+' to expand it and you should see your wi-fi adapter listed. If it has any sort of mark against it, double click on it and see if you can find any info on the problem. In any case, make a note of the maker and model. Problems in this area are usually caused by the drivers. Uninstall the drivers for it, and on another computer, go to the Dell web-site and download the wi-fi drivers for your Inspiron, copy them to some convenient location on the faulty computer then install them. Re-boot, and with any luck your wi-fi will be working again.

It is possible that the wi-fi unit itself has failed. If it is not physically built into the motherboard it may be possible to replace it with a new one. But the simplest and cheapest solution I have found is to use an external USB wi-fi dongle. These are widely available and fairly cheap, starting at under £UK 20 and going up.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544914/cant-access-wifi-or-internet-help-please/
Relevancy 56.33%

I would have liked to post on http://forums.techguy.org/networking/873495-solved-can-use-ethernet-but.html as I have a similar problem. My laptop allows me to connect to the wifi, but does not allow me to connect to the internet(can use ethernet but not wireless).
However, I have :

PING <computer_IP_address> as 10.0.0.1

PING <default_gateway_address> as 10.0.0.2

PING <dns_servers> as 10.0.0.2

When pinging these addresses the results are similar to:

Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.254: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.254:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

and yet I it still does not connect. Had just got my Dell inspirion n5110 laptop yesterday.

My smartphone (xperia x10) also connects to the wifi, but isnt allowed to use the internet. Can I please get some help?

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello mates internet ( but in access) internet with not no wifi Connect I seem to having a problem with my internet connection but only in one of my PCs i can connect with my Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) wifi to the modem but then it says lt lt no internet access gt gt and when i openmy browser opera it says Networking error note the other computer Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) works fine can anyone give me a hand here cheers C Users costas gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name costas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -DE- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D-F - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a d c ef f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e d d ced c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - D-BA-AA-E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access) Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D-BA-AA-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D ADD-D DF- -A -E B CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - AEF- AB -BE -ADCA FBA A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B - - A E-A -A E DE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users costas gt nbsp

A:Connect with wifi but not in internet ( no internet access)

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-with-wifi-but-not-in-internet-no-internet-access.1062660/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,
Here and about a month i have a problem with my internet connection.I use a modem with wifi support and all this years(2) my hp 620 laptop with windows 7 home premium x64 connect successfully , but now after a couple of minutes my network(wifi) icon shows me that i'm fine connected in the internet but when i'm trying to go for example to google with deferrent browsers(Mozilla,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera) it just not connecting.
I'vw try many fixes(install,reinstall driver , even i called tech support for my modem and they do not do anything).What can i do?
Sorry for my bad english,i'm from Greece and i'm still practising XD

A:Wifi Connected but cannot access in Internet

Need more info:

> What is the model of the modem?
> If it is a driver issue it should show up in device manager with a "yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark" - is this what you have?
> Have you installed any new hardware or driver related software around the time the problem occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302338-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 55.9%

wifi is connected but no internet access

i domain user , proxy is enable
it is blocked

how can i disable proxy server

A:WIfI is connected but no internet access

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi My laptop is connected to the WIFI Router I have the right says WIFI, Access' but Internet Connected to 'No password and everything The internet is sometimes working normally but then sometimes it Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' stops functioning properly The little ' bars' symbol has a small yellow triangle Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' next to it Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access' and when I hover over it it say's my Network Name and then quot No Internet Acess quot What could this be Why And how can I fix this Thanks P S Just before one of you asks when I type ipconfig all into CMD this is what appears Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Garlotch gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Garlotch-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - -B -BE-CF-BE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address -B -C -E - D-CF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May p m Lease Expires Tuesday June p m Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -B - -A -BE-CB- E- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -B -C -E - D-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EA CA -C D - A A- -CC DAD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D C -D - F E-A -F E E B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - F - -B CE- A CAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Connected to WIFI, but says 'No Internet Access'

What happens if you try to use the normal dns and not googles, also try "ipconfig /flushdns". Also under network and sharing center click the red X and see if it just resets the network adapter and fixes it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370026-connected-wifi-but-says-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Have strong WiFi signal but will not connect to Internet nor access web pages

A:WiFi strong, No Internet access

go to " network and connections " , tap on the connection you are having trouble with and then click on "diagnose this connection" and it should solve and or tell you what to do

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-strong-No-Internet-access/td-p/5836717
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys, I have this problem that's been giving me a headache these days... I have a Dell XPS L502x with Intel centrino n6230 in tow.
Well, the laptop was working fine and all but started to have this weird connection drops in my work now and then, I blamed the router. Then it started loosing connection in my home too, it shows that the WiFi is connected and when I hover over the WiFi icon it says "internet access" but whenever I tried to access a webpage it won't connect... I blamed the network adapter and tried reinstalling and reinstalling the drivers and changing settings but none of it worked.
It literally is driving me crazy, but before I refresh the system I wanted to see if you guys can help me out!
Thanks in advance

A:HELP! WiFi connected but cannot access internet!

If you really do have internet access you should be able to ping a DNS server located somewhere outside your network. open a command prompt, Start > run > enter "cmd" and hit enter. type in "ping 8.8.8.8" if you get a response in replies you know that its technically working and connected to the internet.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62642-help-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello here are gets off Wifi internet wont access to allow cut the two logs that boopme asked that I submit to this forum Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t virus-wont-let-me-on-internet OB He has been working with me for several days trying to get rid of this nasty virus I have followed all of the instructions and was told to run OTL and post the two logs ThanksJ OTL logfile created on PM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder C Documents and Settings Jason My DocumentsWindows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s C pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS ProgramFiles C Program FilesDrive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFSDrive D Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type UDFE Drive not present or media not loadedF Drive not present or media not loadedG Drive not present or media not loadedH Drive not present or media not loadedI Drive Wifi gets cut off wont allow access to internet not present or media not loaded Computer Name JADOBCurrent User Name JasonLogged in as Administrator Current Boot Mode NormalScan Mode Current userCompany Name Whitelist OnSkip Microsoft Files OnFile Age DaysOutput StandardQuick Scan Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings Jason My Documents OTL exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files Nokia Nokia Ovi Suite NokiaOviSuite exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exePRC - ---- M Nokia -- C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files Common Files Nokia NoA nokiaaserver exePRC - ---- M Safer-Networking Ltd -- C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINDOWS explorer exePRC - ---- M Google Inc -- C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exePRC - ---- M CyberLink Corp -- C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exePRC - ---- M -- C WINDOWS system lgbpd exePRC - ---- M Adobe Systems Incorporated -- C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exePRC - ---- M RealNetworks Inc -- C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exePRC - ---- M Dell Inc -- C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exePRC - ---- M Dell Inc -- C Program Files Dell QuickSet NicConfigSvc exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKEEPER exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZCfgSvc exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin iFrmewrk exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exePRC - ---- M Intel Corporation -- C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exePRC - ---- M Gteko Ltd -- C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync rapimgr exePRC - ---- M SigmaTel Inc -- C WINDOWS stsystra exePRC - ---- M Sonic Solutions -- C WINDOWS system DLA DLACTRLW EXEPRC - ---- M InstallShield Software Corporation -- C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files NetWaiting netwaiting exe Modules SafeList MOD - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings Jason My Documents OTL exeMOD - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C... Read more

A:Wifi gets cut off wont allow access to internet

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319930/wifi-gets-cut-off-wont-allow-access-to-internet/
Relevancy 55.9%

Tech Support Guy System Info or Wifi Wired Internet No Access: Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired Motherboard LENOVO KL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I cannot connect to the internet via my router either by wifi or ethernet cable It was all working fine until a couple of hours ago I can get online by using my phone as a hotspot and connected to the laptop via the USB cable The phone is connected to the router via WIFI and works find So do other laptops on the same router When I do I diagonse problem in Windows I get quot the DNS server isn t No Internet Access: Wifi or Wired responding quot message I ve tried doing an ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdnd to no avail Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed WiFi Internet WiFi access to connect no Can but at my house I can connect on my smartphone and by ethernet cable and the Internet works great I can also connect to the WiFi on my laptop but the Internet does not work My homepage will come up but I can t go to any other sites My computer does not have this problem with any other WiFi networks I ve read a lot of old threads on this site about similar problems I can t figure out what s wrong though I m a total dummy when it comes to this stuff Can someone help Based on what I ve read here s some quick info that might be useful HP Pavilion laptop Windows I have Norton Internet Security I also did the ipconfig all command and here are the results I don t know how to interpret them C Users gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name -HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - - C-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d dc a aa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -F -C - - B-E -A - C-D DNS Servers NetBIOS Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Can connect to WiFi but no Internet access Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F FC AB - D - B - DA-CEBEFC FF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f e b c e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f e b c e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap B B -B CD- C-B E - BC BD B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C BD F- B - -BBCC- BBB B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users ... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

A:Wifi No Internet Access When Using Ethernet

Quote: Originally Posted by Syrexide

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

The wireless dropping out may be a completely different problem but there is a Group Policy setting to enable both connections at start up.

Windows doesn't typically use both connections at once and it defaults to the faster connection if both are enabled which is usually Ethernet connection, but if you want the wireless to connect automatically at boot up and stay connected with the Ethernet connection there is setting you need to disable in Group Policy.

Go to start/run type in gpedit.msc. Navigate to the following location

Administrative templates/Network/Windows Connection Manager . The setting Minimize the number of simultaneous connections to the internet.

For more than one connection to stay connected reliably this setting needs to be disabled.

I've been using this Policy to test wireless signals with my Ethernet connected and it does work so that both connections are enabled at start up and they both stay up.

I had to connect the wireless manually on start up most of the time before I changed this setting.

If the wireless issue persists, then please to install InSSIDer from the link and post the results here so I can take a look at the wireless landscape in your area.

inSSIDer for Home ? Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314257-wifi-no-internet-access-when-using-ethernet.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Can anyone help me with my problem please. I have a netbook N150 on Windows 7 and have free wifi at home which was working fine until a few days ago. Now it says that it's connected but there is no internet access and will not connect to a homegroup either anymore which it was set on before.
Since this I have been able to connect at my mother in laws house with her wifi.
My partner has a laptop on Windows XP and the same has happened to his.
Any suggestions please?? Thank you.

A:Wifi connected but no internet access!!

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

What is the source of your Wifi? You need to contact whoever administrates the connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access-833986.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop is a dell1300, windows vista. I was using it at the library friday surfing thr web and it was fine. I put it on hibernate to use the restroom. When i came back, it said it was connected to the wifi but I couldnt get internet access. I tried the wifi on my phone and it was working. Other people seemed to be able to use the internet fine too. I tried restarting my computer and the wifi by turning it off then on and it says its connected but I cant get internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-wifi-but-no-internet-access.1110157/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Duplicate Thread. Being assisted here.

Closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access-676075.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Help, please. I have a laptop that shows the yellow triangle on the WiFi tray icon. Other devices can connect to the same router without issues.
1) I tried using a wired connection with no success in connecting to the internet.
2) I tested the hardware using Ubuntu LiveUSB and was successful in connecting the laptop to the router.

Below is the output from ipconfig /all is attached.

A:Wifi Connected and No Internet Access

Any yellow marks show in Device Manager? Have you installed the driver for your Wireless and Lan cards/devices?

See here: Product Support | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/367788-wifi-connected-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Experiencing intermittent problem with access to home wifi for one PC win in the house other PC s access internet OK via same wifi Dell Studio one - details below - of time will connect if we reset router or re-start PC or try again the next day Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - B-D -DB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d bd dde Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July AM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CC- - E- - -E - -D -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - -E - -D -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FC B B- - DCA-B B - A BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Internet Intermittent to access WiFi Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E Intermittent WiFi access to Internet DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address Intermittent WiFi access to Internet - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f fdfb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f fdfb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Intermittent WiFi access to Internet

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Dell's web site.

Make sure you have the latest router firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-wifi-access-to-internet.1008855/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:WIFI Connected but no internet access

Can you connect by ethernet?

Why can't you uninstall McAfee? Did it get all tangled up with Norton? Tried the McAfee Removal Tool?

If/when you need to uninstall Norton Symantec has the Norton Removal Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access.1077047/
Relevancy 55.9%

it is blocked

and welcome to the Forum

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

and press enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-1117186.html
Relevancy 55.9%

it is blocked

and welcome to the Forum

First:

Then:

and press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-1117186.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Our internet connection was working fine until one day we cannot connect anymore I tried using the ethernet cable directly from the modem and it was working fine so I thought our Belkin N wireless router was the culprit I decided to buy another one Linksys E but we had the same problem Our laptops and phones can detect connect the wifi connection but cannot access the internet It s really frustrating already http www hp com ph en support-topics network-internet-support cant-connect-internet html I tried following the instructions above but to no avail Here s our IPConfg Windows IP Configuration Host Name sysuser-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF-E -D - DHCP Enabled access internet to connect cannot Can but wifi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe Can connect to wifi but cannot access internet dd fb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FD- D- F- - - C- B-C -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - C- B-C -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I also tried to reset ping the router but it doesn t seem to respond C Users sysuser gt netsh winsock reset The requested operation requires elevation C Users sysuser gt netsh int ip reset Reseting Echo Request failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Global failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Interface failed The requested operation requires elevation Reseting Unicast Address failed The requested operation requires elevation There s no user specified settings to be reset Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
Recently I discovered I had Adpeakproxy exe virus on my Pc, so I went to malwaretips.com to learn how to exterminate it. I ddownloaded adwcleaner and ran it. Afterwards, my internet stop working even though my wifi is connected and stated I have internet access.
After I was "block" from my internet, I went to my programs to see if I had any other virus. i found I had Scorpion icon on my programs which I never seen before. i checked and found it was a malware. I proceedes to delete and elimate it using bleepingcomputer guide. Afterward I check my pc and the internet still doesnt work even though im connect and have internet access. Now Im really frustated.
Please help very much.

A:I can't access my internet even though my wifi is connected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518889 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518889/i-cant-access-my-internet-even-though-my-wifi-is-connected/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Guys I've been searching for the past days a solution but nothing came up to work Tried different things nothing Cable access ipv4 ipv6 internet no network no to connected modem, good yet So I'm directly connected to a modem cable and well Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network my computer takes time to identify and then identifies it first a a public network i was able to change it to home ipv no internet access ipv no network access Here's my ipconfig log Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Volumes Untitled System syst txt Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheRealThing-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A- A- -AF-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bb de f e eb Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address a d a d f Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe bb de f e eb Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe e ff fe a c DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers a f b a f a NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List flets-east jp iptvf jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- - D- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -D - B-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b d bd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c e e c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained octobre Lease Expires octobre Default Gateway b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - A-C - C- - D- - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A - EB- BDC- -C AB E FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D- D- E - -EB C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix flets-east jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AF ED-DA F- CF-B B- A ECC D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface C D- F- DE- C- A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I was able to get the latest driver of my Broadlink card Didn't change anything I tried manually setting the IPs but honestly it was my first time ever using ipv I don't know why I had to use them also and maybe don't exactly know how to use this Windows trouble shooter tells me it's a DNS server error If you know anything Cheers m

A:Cable connected to modem, ipv6 no internet access ipv4 no network

Hello and welcome M3 I see you have been waiting for some time now so just to start the ball rolling mate have you checked in the Device Manager for any anomalies ie yellow triangles alongside the adaptors etc?
It might be worth trying to update them anyway see this so that we know what the adaptor's are

Using HW Info general components

DownloadHW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download - (copy andpaste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the running informationin the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand window click on the+ for the individual device groupings and they will open out to the variouscomponents.

Go onopening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and it willhighlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detailed descriptionof that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These are very detailedand are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.
Seemy pic for an example - in this I have opened out one my components and then highlighted one of the one you need andyou can see the detail (mine is the adaptor in this machine

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350383-cable-connected-modem-ipv6-no-internet-access-ipv4-no-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am having problems connecting to the internet on my hp pavilion dv6700 with windows vista. I connect to my hot spot on my phone but it is not connected to the internet I followed the instructions previously provided all the way up to the fourth and it said that the update was successful but I still could not connect to the internet. I noticed under the network adapters there is a yellow exclamation next to Microsoft isatap adapter #36. Could someone help me understand what this means

A:cant access internet via wifi with dv6700 using vista

CCWalker said:

I noticed under the network adapters there is a yellow exclamation next to Microsoft isatap adapter #36. Could someone help me understand what this meansClick to expand...

Maybe this article will help.

If you want help with the internet access ...

Can you get internet access with an ethernet connection? Can you get internet access with a Wi-Fi connection to some other network (such as a free hotspot)? For an attempt with the phone hotspot ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-internet-via-wifi-with-dv6700-using-vista.1154456/
Relevancy 55.04%

All was well until I recently installed service pack 1 for windows 7 . Then when I restarted I can't access internet . But in the connection it is showing that wifi is connected and internet access is there but it's not available in browser.i tried all the normal things but can't seem to solve the problem. I don't want to reinstall windows now . Pls help me

Relevancy 55.04%

network and i cant go to properties for ipv4 and 6 when i try properties is blanked out.

story..
the issue started last week on main pc and the problem was unidentified network i didnt know wat to do, i tried forms after forms, then i gave up then bought another pc(windows xp) and kept the broken pc at the attic for a while till a found a another wireless router in the attic then decided to try to fix it and thats how i got here.p.s the broken pc is the windows 7 home premium

A:im connected to wifi but no internet access and it says unidentified..

Have you tried an image restore for that computer you are having problems with or doing a re-installation of operating system? Save any data you might need from that computer before doing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/341737-im-connected-wifi-but-no-internet-access-says-unidentified.html
Relevancy 55.04%

We are currently at access No internet connection strong WiFi on Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores AL On my laptop I can connect to No internet access on strong WiFi connection their G band non-secure WiFi network with an quot Excellent quot signal strength However I get no internet access Other devices in our rig connect and get internet access just fine I ve spent hours with Dell Pro-tech support to no avail I ve spent many days Googling this problem and have discovered that others experience the same issue on public WiFis but I can find no posted solution Dell s last suggestion emailed to me was as follows quot I would suggest clearing the ip stack and flushing the dns To do that open command prompt on your pc by clicking start and going to search at the bottom and type cmd the cmd exe should come up at the top but you have to RIGHTCLICK on cmd exe and then click run as administrator Hit yes on the next window and the run box should pop up when you hit that This should bring up the black command screen In this window type this in ipconfig release then hit enter That should turn your ip to s Now in the next line type in ipconfig flushdns and hit enter After that type in netsh winsock reset and hit enter After that exit the command prompt and then reboot your pc and try the connection again quot This did not resolve the problem either If anyone has experienced this strange phenomenon and found a solution I would be forever grateful Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

A:Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

Originally Posted by springriver

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

Check your ethernet cable if its working properly and check if it is using static ip if there's an IP try to change it to Obtain IP automatically then try to reconnect your ethernet cable again.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62033-window-cant-access-internet-when-use-both-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Wifi connected but after like 5 - 15 mins, it shows no internet access (yellow !) at random. Sometimes it can happen every 1 min and freuqency great increases when im streaming a video/uploading/downloading or playing an online game.

I tried all the solutions such /run winsock reset & preferred DNS 218. 67. 222. 222.

A:Wifi connected but shows no internet access

Could be something to do with your router allowing internet access off it, do your have one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188332-wifi-connected-but-shows-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi..

Have come here as a last resort

I have a Sony laptop e series approx 2 years old...
I have been accessing wifi on it for almost the entire time... Was workn on the nternet with my laptop till day before yesterday mornng.....

When i switched it on in the evenng, it suddenly started showing that the internet is connected, but there is no nternet access!!! There was a yellow icon (triangle) at the internet connection icon...!!

I am able to access the same internet with my ipad n iphone, but says 'no internet access' or 'limited access' while trying the same from my laptop...!!

I have spoken to my service provider as well who couldnt help at all....

Please help!!!!!!

A:Laptop connected to wifi but no internet access

Can you connect Sony laptop to another wifi router succesfully?

When connected to (failing) wifi (from command prompt):

Code:
ipconfig/all>ip.txt
route print>route.txt
Post ip.txt and route.txt
You may delete both files afterwards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229750-laptop-connected-wifi-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Days ago i bought new laptop asus x s but until this time i can not figure out how to make this new lapton connect to internet Wifi access Buy internet Asus no wifi laptop, always New but is connected but it always no internet access My spec Windows bit Wireless Qualcomm Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter I m trying to go to device manager and i see that this driver software is uptodate I try disable my windows firewall unistall avast antivirus and it still says no internet access I go to this wireless adapter properties looking at IPv and IPv everything is ok it checked obtain ip address automatically obtain dns automatically I try to uninstall driver from device manager then install it again but no success Below are the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Buy New Asus laptop, but wifi always no internet access Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PERSONAL Co gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PERSONAL Buy New Asus laptop, but wifi always no internet access Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ff f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Februari Lease Expires Februari Default Gateway fe c ff fec bef DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -B - C- - E-C -D -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A - - D- D-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A- A- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B CE-DCA - F -BC C-C A CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PERSONAL Co gt I try to ping google com but the result is could not find host google com i try to ping the result is always timeout -- Anybody can help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buy-new-asus-laptop-but-wifi-always-no-internet-access.1165480/
Relevancy 55.04%

Okay so yesterday I came can't access WiFi Solved: but internet connected, home to find that my computer could not Solved: WiFi connected, but can't access internet connect to Google com even though my WiFi was shown as connected with internet access Skype couldn t connect either Actually to be specific the internet would be accessible for a couple mines at a time though it would be slow Another computer in our house is having the same issue but my tablet does NOT I take my tablet with me to school Anyway I ve perused the web for any solution and have found none I have tried Static IP Flushed DNS Reset TCP I something like that Rebooting System Restore to before issue Virus scan clean Disabling Local Area Connection in favor of wireless area Solved: WiFi connected, but can't access internet connection I am unable to release and renew my IP since it says no action can be performed while media is disconnected I cannot think of anything else Oh and since I m on my tablet fetching the ipconfig all would be a bit time-consuming Please help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

hi all, im having this weird problem for 5 days now, its really driving me crazy, so i have an alienware laptop, never had any problem before, this problem only happend about 5 days ago, everytime i start my laptop the network works fine, but after about 15 mins, the wifi automatically disconnects although the signal indicates excellent, i cannot browse internet or run anything that is connected to network, only by restarting my laptop can fix this; one thing funny about this is that if i open any sort of web page before this problem occurs, i can still browse that certain web page even after this problem occurs; ive tried to flush dns, reset net interface, obtain ip address manually, none of them worked, so here im hoping that somebody on this forum can help me out.

A:wifi no internet access with excellent signal

I would think about resetting the router if you haven't done so already. After resetting the router go through the wireless settings again, set your SSID, password and also use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232845-wifi-no-internet-access-excellent-signal.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been getting this limited access/ no internet access for about a month and at first i thought it was the router but even when in the same room as it, it still happens. I don't know much about computers, is there a way i can fix this or should i bring it to someone ???

A:Limited Access Wifi Internet Windows 7 please help me

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the issue happen no matter which Connection you use ? ....

Please read the Link below ...
Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358000-limited-access-wifi-internet-windows-7-please-help-me.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Days ago i bought new laptop asus x s but until this time i can not figure out how to make this new lapton connect to internet Wifi is connected but it always 'no internet access' My spec Windows bit Wireless Qualcomm Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter I'm trying to go to device manager and always New wifi access no laptop, Asus but internet Buy i see that this driver software is uptodate I try disable my windows firewall unistall avast antivirus and it still says no internet access I go Buy New Asus laptop, but wifi always no internet access to this wireless adapter properties looking at IPv and IPv everything is ok it checked obtain ip address automatically obtain dns automatically I try to uninstall driver from device manager then install it again but no success ' Below are the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users PERSONAL Co gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PERSONAL Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -A - - D- D-CB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ff f b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Februari Lease Expires Februari Default Gateway fe c ff fec bef DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -B - C- - E-C -D -B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -A - - D- D-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - A- A- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B CE-DCA - F -BC C-C A CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users PERSONAL Co gt I try to ping google com but the result is could not find host google com i try to ping the result is always timeout -- Anybody can help me

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73818-buy-new-asus-laptop-but-wifi-always-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This morning i tried to use other devices (another laptop, a cell phone and an ipad) that were working fine before, but now they don't have internet access. The devices can connect to the router, but internet shows "No internet". I was checking if their were getting the info like ip, dns..etc and they had it so have no clue what's going on. The only 2 things that do not have problems is my laptop and a WDTV Media Player.

A:Laptop access internet via wifi but not other devices

Tried restarting the router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371344-laptop-access-internet-via-wifi-but-not-other-devices.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've got a wifi setup going with 2 computers hardlined in and working fine. I tried allowing access for my sister's laptop (all computers running Win7) and I'm able to connect to the network, however it's only "Limited Access" and does not connect to the Internet.

The network is password protected and WPA2. The wireless signal is on, and the Network Mode is on Mixed (not just G, N, or B only). My girlfriend's Mac was able to get onto the wifi network but the connection was acting odd by occasionally going in and out of connections at random times. The router is a LinkSys WRT160N.

Any ideas on what info I can provide you guys so that I can get this laptop up and running?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello there,

Im encountering this strange problem for a couple of months now and at first i thought it might be an ISP issue.
But i realise it may not be.
The wifi icon occassionally has an exclamation mark on it indicating no internet access despite being connected to the network.
When i run my mouse over the icon, it starts identifying with the network and i get access back again.
I notice it drops after i leave the PC dormant or dont move the mouse. This has disallowed me to download anything large without disconnecting halfway.

Has anyone experienced this before?

A:Wifi connected but Internet access keeps dropping

First off what OS are you using? You specified Windows XP. If you are using XP, you are in the wrong forum. We need the full system Spec's on your machine. That means you will have to download Speccy from Speccy - System Information - Free Download

If you are using Windows XP. You can get help at the sister forum Windows XP Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60749-wifi-connected-but-internet-access-keeps-dropping.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi i use Toshiba satellite A300. I had a virtual wifi connection o my pc. but its gone for a long. i tried lots of thing; updates, old version drivers, resetting connection with "netsh wlan set hostednetwork ..." cmd command. but i still had "no internet access" error on my virtual wifi connection. can anybody help me with that?

A:Microsoft Virtual Wifi - No internet access

What do you mean by "virtual wifi"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238244-microsoft-virtual-wifi-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been trying to use connectify to use my laptop as a hotspot.
I have an ethernet connection that my laptop connects to and i want to connect my itouch to the internet via wifi.
I installed connectify and it worked just as it says it should, I can even connect my itouch.
But i never get the internet connection with the itouch.
I've checked and my Atheros wireless adapter is supported and everything seems like it should work, but for some reason it doesn't.

Please help. I have a hunch it's maybe a small little thing that's blocking the internet (possibly a windows sharing setting?).

Relevancy 55.04%

Do u have any idea hw to fix it?

A:wifi is connected but no internet access in windows 7

The C-prompt message shows you neither have an IP or a connected adapter. Try deleting your existing adapter configuration and reconnecting from scratch. Also, when done run ' c:\ping google.com -t ' or replace google.com with anything else. Also try a Wired connection to figure out if it's a SW or HW problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-connected-but-no-internet-access-in-windows-7.1071730/