Windows Support Forum

Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up

Q: Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up

Help About months ago I installed office pro Everything went fine then the other day the installer popped up and asked for the cd to install powerpoint Powerpoint was already installed so I Office keeps Installer popping up 2003 clicked cancel and my powerpoint opened fine The next time it did it it was for Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up the MS Project This time I put the cd in and let it do its thing Then tonight I turn it on and wham as Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up soon as it boots into xp the installer pops up again wanting the cd for project Mind you at this point I had not clicked on anything I put in the cd the little progress Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up bar moved then it was done That was all What I want to know is what the devil is going on When it does this I can click cancel and open whichever program it says it needs to install and it works fine When installed everything was set to run from my computer Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-installer-keeps-popping-up.220595/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2003 Installer keeps popping up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 19.78%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all this is driving me nuts Fresh windows SP setup Problems Server on 2003 reading USB HDD 2TB x Buffalo tb external USB hard drives It worked for me a few day ago with no problems I was able to read and write Yesterday I went to configure backups and this is what is happening Drive detected in device manager in disk manager comes up as basic disc with partition of GB but doesn t say NTFS and so has no drive letter when clicked Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 on properties getting error message quot The operation canceled due to an internal error quot If I try format partition diskman locks Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003 up I can delete partition ok Tried creating a small Gb partition but still having same issue I can read USB memory sticks ok All hdds are behaving the same way on server All are perfectly workable on another computers W XP I have tried re-installing chipset drivers - didn t help The only major change I can recall since it was working - ESET Antivirus was installed but I don t think it could be a problem Please Help nbsp

A:Problems reading 2TB USB HDD on Server 2003

Usually you will need a 64 Bit system to be able to read any drive with a total compacity of over 500 gigabytes. If possible I would suggest upgrading to Windows Server 2012 in order to fully take advantage of your TB drives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-reading-2tb-usb-hdd-on-server-2003.184297/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just created a temporary 2003 sbs server to test a new payroll system. I used an HP 1520Y as the server. It installed fine, but I can't map to it or from it. When I try to browse it shows all the computers on the network but won't Connect to them. When I browse to it from my client I can see it but when I try connect nothing happens. I know I'm missing something stupid.

Thanks in advance,

skipro_98

A:Mapping to or from Windows SBS 2003

Did you setup DNS Server, DHCP Server, Active Directory?
Are you on a Domain?
Are all your systems connected to the Cisco Catalyst Managed Switch and using Cisco Router.
Are the system seeing all the nodes on your network?
Are the client licences setup correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mapping-to-or-from-windows-sbs-2003.181288/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 22.79%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all, just set up a server running server 2003 and exchange 2003. Configured dns and mx records. I could send and recieve e-mails internally within the network, but when trying to send from my gmail account I get an error. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Exchange Server 2003 sending e-mail externally problem

I know this is an old post, but are you still having problems with mail. Also, are you having problems sending mail to an external email account or receiving mail from an external account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-server-2003-sending-e-mail-externally-problem.172488/
Relevancy 26.66%

Any ideas on this anyone?
A SATA 2.5" drive has a corrupted OS on it and I want to format it and then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
The drive is detected by the BIOS but does not show up as an available drive in the install routine (no drives found). I
If I remove the drive and connect it as a SATA drive to a desktop (so I can format it that way), it again shows up on the BIOS but is not available as a drive in Windows Explorer.
This drive has been pre-repaired by PCWorld - I wonder if they did anything odd to it?

A:Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

After connecting the drive to your desktop, please go to control panel > admin tools > computer management > Disk Management.

If your drive shows up there, it mean physically it is ok, just that its partition tables has gone wonky.

You can simply delete the existing partition tables there, and re-create new one and format it. Hopefully that will work and solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-detected-by-bios-but-not-by-windows-installer.168868/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 29.67%

After updating my audio drivers, I get a VERY noticable popping noise whenever I'm using Skype or listening to music, I haven't tried using Driversweeper to remove the Drivers completely but I did try doing a system restore to two days ago and didn't get anywhere with it.

A:Audio popping from headset

I'd revert to the previous drivers. Perhaps the new codex are not good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-popping-from-headset.163064/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I recently built myself a new computer and everything is working fine except for this one thing with my speakers. I'll randomly get this popping noise when there's nothing playing from the speakers. It's very seldom but I'd like nonetheless to get rid of it. Also I tried with different brand new speakers and the popping was still there, any help appreciated, thank you.

Specs if it helps
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
AMD Phenom II 965 BE @3.4
G.skill Ripjaws 4gb ddr3-1333
XFX HD 4770
OCZ 700w PS
750gb WD Black

A:Speaker popping

I built another system today for a friend of mine identical specs -the 4770 instead a GTS450, and it does not have that speaker issue... Any ideas anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-popping.154908/
Relevancy 22.79%

i HAve server 2003. i have already installed sound driver in it. And I Already Started Windows Audio service From Service.msc.

Config :- Operating System: Windows server 2003 Standard
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 9789A13
BIOS: Lenovo BIOS Version: 51KT47A.ROM V4.7A
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3318MB RAM
Page File: 526MB used, 4684MB available

My Sound was working Earlier. but They instantly Stop working.....

Will You Plz HElp me with his TRouble shout...

SERVER 2003 Standard.

A:Sound not working on Server 2003

What make/model computer??

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-not-working-on-server-2003.154396/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm looking to learn more about being a network admin (as well as 30 other IT jobs at my current employer) and was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction for Windows Server Edition 2003. I don't need to get the certificate, but a general understanding of the functions and such would be of great help. That is to say how to run a DHCP, DNS, Relays, the works.
With that I am looking to work on learning more about the most up to date Windows certification in regards to network administration (for a project in my free time.) I figure since I'm looking into CIS and Business for college I might as well get working on network adminship certification, start off on a good note, right?
Thanks for any help in advance. Such help includes the aforementioned requests or any number of quips and witty or sarcastic comments.
Thanks,

Stensland

A:Looking for a guide on network adminship for Windows Server 2003

Found some stuff from Microsoft by the name of "DreamSpark" which has a bunch of free programs for college students. It's a good few thousand dollars worth of stuff, just sign up with them through your college email. There are tutorials and all that as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-guide-on-network-adminship-for-windows-server-2003.154213/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi guys,

in my network, i have two windows 2003 server. in the event viewer it is showing ntds replication error. when i tried nslookup it is showing the error
"can't find server name for address 192.168.0.1.non-existent domain."

192.168.0.1 is my dc and dns server.

any help will be greatly appreciated..

thanks

A:DNS problem in Windows Server 2003

hmm; better check that address. x.y.z.1 is usually the router address, or
if your server is between the ISP and your clients:
Code:
modem----win2k----one.client
then it is the address of the second NIC (which should work)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-in-windows-server-2003.146076/
Relevancy 27.09%

Windows could not load the installer for lt device gt Contact your hardware vendor for assistance For every Windows could <device> for the installer load not USB device I connect I m met with the error in attachment nr quot Device installer error quot When I boot my computer the error comes in this order first the keyboard then keyboard followed by the mouse and at Windows could not load the installer for <device> the end Volume Keyboard and mouse works So the messages are just annoying HDD however is unable to mount even with the compmgmt msc Then I m met with error message displayed in attachment nr quot Logical Disk Manager quot According to other posts on the internet I have check that the following files are available in the systemroot system quot sfcfiles dll quot quot sfc dll quot quot desk cpl quot I ve also ran the line quot systemroot system msiexec exe regserver quot as well as a complete Windows Update Still nothing is able to fix this Seriously considering a full reinstall of windows Thing is my CD is located a hour drive from here S Any ideas on how to fix this installer problem without having access to my windows CD ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Microsoft Windows XP Professional x Edition Version Service Pack Intel Core Quad CPU GHz with GB RAM nbsp

A:Windows could not load the installer for <device>

You may have a virus or other type of malware infection. You will need to install XP Service Pack 3 too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-could-not-load-the-installer-for-device.145327/
Relevancy 28.81%

My Computer case keeps makinga popping or static sound every time at startup then stops when i am at the desktop then when i open any program it happens again for seconds weird speakers) noises popping static, (not the Computer then i can use the program normally It Computer weird static, popping noises (not the speakers) always happens at the start of any program even paint Any HDD activity like copying also makes the sound Is my hard drive failing or is there something wrong with my power supply or is it just dust And BTW the sound isnt very loud but it just makes me fear for my pc And as i said no Computer weird static, popping noises (not the speakers) speakers connected I ran Chkdsk and sea tools and they both said that their is no problems Here is the sound drop io xmtd e It is exactly between and seconds and i dont mean the high pitch thing i mean the popping the rest is the mouse clicks also ignore any sound before seconds thats just me moving and bumping my mic next to the case THANK YOU IN ADVANCE And btw this is my first time in TechSpot nbsp

A:Computer weird static, popping noises (not the speakers)

Tell us your computer brand and model, as well as configuration and age.

Is this a new install? Has the problem been around for a long time or just begin recently?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-weird-static-popping-noises-not-the-speakers.139174/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Cheap Office Build

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-office-build.136843/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am trying to install windows XP on a machine with these specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI K8TNeo FIS2R
Hitachi HDS72258 SATA HDD

The drivers, according to the Hitachi site, come with windows. The Hitachi site says that if windows doesnt recognize the drive it is likely a motherboard issue. I do not have a floppy drive in the machine right now. Windows installer cannot recognize the disk apparently.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Windows installer wont recognize Hitachi SATA

Check the BIOS to see if you can set the SATA/RAID controllers to IDE mode. If you cannot, you will need to install SATA/RAID drivers via the F6 prompt at the beginning of Windows Setup. You will need a floppy drive for that, however. You can either install one and continue on (they aren't very expensive and it will solve your problem with a minimum of fuss) or you can make a slipstream CD with the contents of your Windows CD and the SATA drivers combined.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installer-wont-recognize-hitachi-sata.136590/
Relevancy 26.23%

First off System Specs:

Asus G60VX Series Notebook
Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium (Yes, im sure it is 64 bit)
Nvidia GeForceGTX 260M CUDA 1GB
4GB RAM
RealTek HD Audio

IF you need to any other specs just ask.

PROBLEM:

Basically I bought this computer for gaming and several games Ive bought recently wont run so I figured I would update the graphics driver just to be safe and then go from there. I download the installer for the latest nvidia driver just fine, and when I go to install it says Im not running Vista 64-Bit when I clearly am and closes. And when i try the 32bit installer it says it cant find compatible hardware for the drivers, an also untrue statement.

Help please?

A:Trying to update video drivers and the installer says im not running 64 bit windows?

what is the manufacturer of your graphics card? XFX ,EVGA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-update-video-drivers-and-the-installer-says-im-not-running-64-bit-windows.134172/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a Gateway p- fx laptop with vista up Right programs menu on click keep popping some option and keep having this problem with a right click menu pop up Right click menu option keep popping up on some programs on programs like winamp opera and hardware configuration On certain Right click menu option keep popping up on some programs programs a right click menu will pop up non stop and i cant use the program at all The laptop keyboard doesnt work after I spilt coke on the keyboard so I use a usb keyboard After that it started having this popup menu Right click menu option keep popping up on some programs or key mapping issues with emulators For some emulator programs it will automatically map a button called AppKey and i cant configure buttons with a usb to psx converted joypad on them This also happened on other programs that i used but probably forgot about them and deleted them I tried looking up everything i could to disable a right click menu or appkey but couldnt find anything Tried deleting a window key registry all i could find looking up appkey disabling in vista Tried disabling the touchpad I don t think its any kind of virus or spyware i never detect anything i had pictures of what happens but i need more posts so i cant show them nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/right-click-menu-option-keep-popping-up-on-some-programs.131350/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so we ve been handed the Directory Problems Server Active 2003 task of Server 2003 Active Directory Problems setting up Active Directory for my school We currently have servers that have Server Standard edition I m trying to set up my first server which will be the Domain Controller the other will also be domain controllers The name of our domain is catz k ca us The server has a static IP set and I m having a problem with DNS We DO NOT have a dns server at our campus Our DNS is supplied by the county so all the schools near us use the same DNS ip the server is in the city next to us about miles away The setup looked pretty straight forward I ran DCPROMO and then when it came time to test for DNS it failed I got an error saying this quot Diagnostic Failed The registration diagnostic has been run time Warning Domain Controller functions like joining a domain logging onto a domain and Active Directory replication will not be available until the DNS infrastructure for Active Directory is correctly configured The wizard encountered an error while trying to determine if the DNS server with which this domain controller will register supports dynamic updates For more information including steps to correct this problem see Help Details The primary DNS server tested was catz k ca us The zone was catz k ca us The test for dynamic DNS update support returned quot DNS bad key quot error code x RCODE BADKEY I m not sure what i ve done wrong I ve done pretty much everything by the book and I m just wondering if there s a problem because we re not using our own DNS server Our DNS server is in fact but for some reason it s giving me that error I ve tried selecting the option that says quot Let DCPROMO fix this problem etc quot and it DOES work but it takes minutes for my test users to login Can anyone help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Server 2003 Active Directory Problems

You need to have the DNS localized to your systems, but it is not a FULL blown all encompassing system -- just the local SERVER addresses will be there.
You then configure it to perform and external referral to whatever full DNS you please.

Depending upon how the client systems are used, you can have them entered into your DNS when they login and removed with they logout.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2003-active-directory-problems.130731/
Relevancy 19.78%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have the Logitech X surround system which I ll start by saying is a fantastic system However recently and by recently I mean today I began to hear the most annoying popping sounds producing X540 popping/crackling Logitech speakers crackling sounds coming out of active speakers When I play music the sound is most intense in the speaker getting more sound coming out of it like when the music switches from the left to the right channel a good example song would be Meant to Live by Switchfoot the very beginning the speaker with the sond coming out Logitech X540 speakers producing popping/crackling sounds will crackle It only happens when sound is coming out and it seems to do it ragardless of the Logitech X540 speakers producing popping/crackling sounds volume or loudness of the song By volume and loudness I mean the volume as what I control the little knob and the control in Windows and loudness as the actual loudness of the source song It s a really annoying issue I wouldn t go so far as to call myself an audiophile but if I had the money to buy the system to support that then I would be This little system was just retail and I got it for because I worked at Circuit City at the time Just so I m not posting without actually trying anything I ve tried listening to multiple sound formats I ve tried default sounds on Windows I ve tried DVDs and CDs I ve tried music from my own collection WMA or MP compressed and I even tried ripping some CDs to WMA lossless to get the most out of it and nothing same problem with everything I don t listen to Logitech X540 speakers producing popping/crackling sounds the volume really high either Sure I like loud music as much as the next guy but I live in an apartment and I d rather keep it that way There are times where I ll turn it up loud but you d think I d notice a blow out since I literally sit at most feet away from the futhest speaker at any time I m on my computer It seems to me there are a few things it might be it might be wiring Corroding or simply bad quality wires can cause this effect right Well I don t think this is it since I ve never had this problem until today It might be my sound card My sound card is built into my motherboard it s full output and it also has an S PDIF output as well but the X doesn t accept that I honestly don t think it s the sound card either or maybe I just don t want to because I can t buy another one Literally a new soundcard is out of the question If you suggest it I ll know you didn t read the post Dirt grime in the speakers themselves This is a distinct possibility I ve never cleaned them and while the housing seems pretty solid it does have an open front so it could be that What sucks is I can t figure out how to open it up it s snapped together not screwed They re blown Well this might be but like I said I don t think it is You d think I d hear a blow out and I haven t So is there any one that can help me As far as I know I ve got the most recent sound drivers I haven t turned up the speakers loud in the last week so why did this just start today Any help will be appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-x540-speakers-producing-popping-crackling-sounds.130129/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am running an HP Compaq d220 MT w/ WindowsXP Professional. The onboard audio drivers were uninstalled by mistake. Now I can't get the installer to complete setup of the new drivers and software. Just as it hits 100% it halts and displays this error message: "Drivers not found! Please reboot and run this setup again"

It does this every time I try it. I have tried many other versions of the Softpaq from the HP website and still it happens. I have an ADI 1981B Chipset, is there something I am missing? What can I do to get the installer to run completely?

--MachineHead--

A:ADI 1981B integrated audio - soundmax installer will not complete

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and delete those drivers that you know are bad.
Then download the correct drivers.
You might even want to download the drivers to another computer, and put them on a CD or Flash drive so they are ready when you delete the incorrectly installed software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adi-1981b-integrated-audio-soundmax-installer-will-not-complete.129971/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello; I was hoping someone could help me clear things out for me. I would like to add a domain to act as a backup domain controller in case PDC fails. I have read that I would have to add another domain since there is no BDC in win2003. So after I add a domain to an existing forest how does the fail over works? The second domain controller will be at a remote site. Is there a change I have to make in the router to broadcast or simply point to this new DC from DNS?

thanks for your help.
Mamut

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-backup-domain.126891/
Relevancy 22.36%

What are you going to use the work Build office Cheap Comp - PC Comp Build - Cheap office work for - Browsing and office work MS or If possible also Comp Build - Cheap office work run Battlefield and Age of Empires How much is your budget - Lets say below sterling but the cheaper the better Where are you located aka fill out your profile - England Are you willing to buy online - Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build - Nvidia GeForce graphics card a DVD reader and DVD re-writer i ll provde specs if needed monitor gb ram DDR Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others - nope Have you already bought any parts - nope I have posted my previous problems in some other threads I wont go into it but I would like to know if it was feasile to save the new HD I bought This is supposed to be a completely new build so case is also needed nbsp

A:Comp Build - Cheap office work

Is the 6800 PCI-Express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-build-cheap-office-work.124104/
Relevancy 21.93%

OK So i have built small business server machines for other companies One from ground up with actual MS Disk One pre-installed from Dell This third one is also pre-installed from Dell OS SBS r Premium Edition Machine Dell PowerEdge T RAID gb Drives Physical setup Qwest DSL gt Actiontec GT -WG Modem gt Linksys GB NIC gt Broadcom NIC gt Cisco Systems Linksys SD - Qwest Internet 2003 SBS Premium Issues? Connectivity Modem No - Switch gt Workstations The Actiontec has the wireless disabled no need for it We have a block of static IP s from Qwest it s either or can t get SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues? only don t get me started lol The actiontec has the latest firmware on it I m trying to configure the server to have a static public address on the linksys NIC Then the Broadcom NIC has a static internal IP and goes out to the switch I want the server to be the DHCP and the DNS I have successfully done this on prior SBS Premium servers So on the linksys I configure it to be static IP from Qwest subnet mask of which Qwest techs continue SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues? to tell me is which absolutely won t work Gateway i use the IP of the modem Primary DNS i use internal IP of the server I configure the modem by turning off the DHCP and the NAT This should work right It doesn t As soon as this configuration is in place i lose connectivity to the internet and the modem I can no longer access the modem interface and can not get any internet I am not able to ping the modem IP of and can not ping any URL s Things i have done which by now have my head in a whirlwind I have used the connection wizard chose quot direct broadband quot in the public adapter i use the same settings described above and same to with the local adapter as well I use the standard firewall settings and don t change my email settings and finish the wizard This nets me no resolution I have reset the modem and then configured it in bridge mode shut the DHCP and NAT off Set my server static IP in the DMZ then on the server configure the public NIC like stated above and then run the connection wizard choosing the quot a connection that requires a user name and passowrd PPPoE quot I put the PPPoE info in and continue the wizard using the DNS provided by Qwest and the gateway as well This nets me no resolution I have tried just changing the config on the public NIC using the static IP the subnet using the gateway and DNS from Qwest Didn t work I have tried so much that i am not even sure all that i have done I do know that i always end up in the DHCP mode of the modem so the office can work I ve searched the net looking for answers and really have not come up with any answers I think the problem lies in the modem but i get no help or support from Qwest They simply say they don t support the OS i am using Although i have some decent knowledge on serve and some schooling on the enterprise version i am not an expert and have trouble wrapping my brain around things like forward lookups and reverse lookups The DNS appears to be fine to me looks like it has the addressing it should but i am not positive I have not changed any of theat manually if i have then it was through the connection wizard This server works like a dream when you let the modem be the DHCP server and change the public NIC to obtain IP automatically But it is not what i want at all I will ultimately run into hassles with what he wants to do with his server I also won t be able to remote nor use OWA or VPN I am at wits end and not sure where to turn I do not have any friends with this knowledge and i have read through the books i have and none deal with configs on modems I think i got all the info here can anyone help I am in a crunch my client is an accountant and this is Tax season Thanks for any guidance Gary nbsp

A:SBS 2003 Premium - No Internet Connectivity - Qwest Modem Issues?

I would suggest a few things:

1. Turn off DHCP on the modem.
2. Assign the Linksys NIC a static IP that is on the same subnet as the LAN of the modem.
3. Set the DNS of both NIC's on your server to the DNS provided by your ISP (this is usually just easier than doing DNS yourself).

You will still be able to use VPN, RDP, and OWA as long as you forward those ports to your servers (linksys NIC) IP address. If you need to know what those ports are, let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sbs-2003-premium-no-internet-connectivity-qwest-modem-issues.121562/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

Can someone help me with this. I've almost decided on these parts and I think they would be suitable for a basic office and internet pc(i've had a bit of a look and can't see why they wouldn't be). I would just like a second opinion. I already have the screen, a keyboard and mouse. just need the actual system. All the prices are from pcmaniacs.com.au

Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet 450w SLI PSU 135mm Fan $55.00
Corsair Value Select PC5300 (667) 2048Mb/2Gb Module $55.00
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz AM2 Dual Core Retail Box $89.00
Coolermaster Elite 341 mATX $49.00
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2 $89.00
Samsung HD161HJ 160Gb 8Mb SATA II $69.00
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM $135.00

$541.00
+ $45 postage.
Total $586

Going for xp home as i'm on a very tight budget and each dollar counts. Hence the cheap parts and small hdd.

thanks in advance. Any comments would be appreciated.

A:Basic PC for office work, will this be good enough?

Yes, it will be fine.
But there are much larger hard drives available for less money. Look at Directron.com, ZipzoomFly.com, and NewEgg.com
Consider a Seagate first, or a Western Digital over the Samsung if the price is close enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/basic-pc-for-office-work-will-this-be-good-enough.120204/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi Specs Asus AV Mobo K T Pro VT AMD Athlon Audigy ZS only using drivers that came with Audigy CD ATI Radeon XT Platinum Latest Catalyst Drivers gig Mushkin RAM Windows XP SP Ever Not Problem 2 noise Speaker Audigy Popping - a since I built this machine I ve had a wierd problem with the sound Assuming the machine is off I turn it on it boots up I then go to play almost any D application X Audigy 2 Popping noise - Not a Speaker Problem Reunion for example and when the game loads up the sound is all distorted and popping Its not a speaker problem because it does this when I plug in headphones directly to the computer I don t detect a drop in frame rates just the badly distorted sound The only way I found to remedy this issue was manually reinstall the sound driver device manager - gt sound and video - gt Audigy WDM - gt manually select driver and reinstall Whenver I shut down and boot back up the problem is gone However the distorted sound will return once I shut down my computer and start it back up again I ve tried ALL the drivers for the Audigy and none of the drivers fixes the popping problem I don t have the soundcard in the slot directly adjacent to the video card but I belive its in the slot down from that Should I try moving the video card to a different slot Does this sound like some sort of IRQ or resource assignment problem on startup Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks Firehawk nbsp

A:Audigy 2 Popping noise - Not a Speaker Problem

Someone else I talked to said that it might be a PCI latency issue. When I checked my PCI latency settings in the BIOS they were all 64. I bumped it up to 32 (highest it would go and that setting was for all PCI devices) and rebooted....no change; still had the speaker popping.

I then downloaded a PCI latency utility; PCI Latency tool 2.0. I bumped the latency setting on the Audigy 2 to 000 and I bumped a few other; non-essential PCI devices down to 64 (or lower). I rebooted and I was still having the same problem.

Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-2-popping-noise-not-a-speaker-problem.57055/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,
I have a User that is currently in Singapore and is trying to access our network via our MS 2003 VPN

The user is behind a firewall at his location in singapore and cannot connect to the VPN.
What ports does he have to have opened on that firewalll to be able to access our network?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-2003-vpn.119531/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a very strange problem that I have not been able to correct...I have an office network with 3 computers. We can access every internet site with no problem except the company website. This problem also continues into our outlook. We cannot use outlook to check our work email which also uses the same domain as the company website. From computers outside of the office we can access our website and webmail fine.

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem only on the three computers in my office?

A:Office Network Problem

with three systems having the same problem, suspect the gateway router and/or the server firewall itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-network-problem.117983/
Relevancy 27.09%

I only ask because it takes up 6.8 gb! I could do with more space...
Can i delete C:\Windows\Installer?

A:Can I delete C:\Windows\Installer?

Well, Can I?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-delete-c-windows-installer.109060/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

This just started happening after I installed my dig cam software. I have a canon powershot a560.

Just got this new computer, dual core 2.53ghz by intel, 2gb ram, radeon ~9600GT I believe.

Anyways, now the pop up happens all the time, especially when I play my full-screen games, it'll interrupt me and pop up, and what it says is the microphone just got plugged in and it's trying to set it up or something? I don't have my mic plugged in at all.

task manager, can I just close it down?

and also, winamp won't run too well anymore, I gotta shut it down most the time, won't play music anymore.

Feedback appreciate, ask anything.
Thank you,
N

A:Realtek HD AManager keeps Popping Up! My mic aint plugged in

Delete that powershot software... What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-amanager-keeps-popping-up-my-mic-aint-plugged-in.115545/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all I ve spent the past six hours trying to work out a USB Flash Drive mapping and mount dismount problem in Windows standard I have been browsing around and found problems with conflicting mapped network USB to XP (similar Drive Server probs) Problem Windows Flash 2003 drives conflicting smart card readers etc but my problem seems to be a bit different To be clear on what USB Flash Drive Problem Windows Server 2003 (similar to XP probs) I ve tried here s a list Close and re-open Windows Explorer Uninstall and re-install all USB controller devices out of the device manager Re-assigned the drive letter for the removable device via disk manager i e made the device drive Z updated bios to latest revision from MAR I m using a relatively older system MHz - AMD Duron system on a Gigabyte board Things I ve checked BIOS Settings OK - USB support enabled Drive mapping NO Network drives are mapped Just HD C and a CDROM D and burner E WHEN THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS MOUNTING AND DISMOUNTING THE FLASH DRIVE amp MAPPING A DRIVE LETTER F in my case IN WIN EXPLORER When the flash drive is plugged in while the computer is booting When the disk manager is open - must be the active window within the computer management console I can mount and dismount the drive time after time without any problems As soon as I close the disk manager and computer management console that s when re-mounting the flash drive fails WHEN THERE ARE PROBLEMS After Windows is loaded then unplugging the flash drive Dismount is fine Once re-inserting the flash drive the mount fails at some point and the drive doesn t get mapped NOTE If I manually type in F in the location bar I can read and write to the drive however it is never acknowledged by win explorer It shows up as a blank with no name or description Once unplugged the drive fails to dismount and Windows gets hung up when trying to shut down restart There is USB Flash Drive Problem Windows Server 2003 (similar to XP probs) nothing wrong with this flash drive as it works in other computers I ve tried it on In fact I have no problem with this drive on my laptop which also has Win Standard installed this laptop is also older MHz - Cyrix system I checked all the settings in the quot disk manager quot and quot Removable storage quot and everything is the same I ve done exausted all my steam Any ideas Please let me know if I m not clear with my problem Thanks Mike nbsp

A:USB Flash Drive Problem Windows Server 2003 (similar to XP probs)

Could it be a faulty USB-connection?
Surf to http://www.sourcequest.com/ and D/L their test-version of SourceUSB.
It should tell you what sort of USB-connection/s (if any) you have

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-problem-windows-server-2003-similar-to-xp-probs.18480/
Relevancy 27.52%

I got this error "windows could not load the installer for Battery" while I was installing WinXP Pro SP2. What is this error mean and how can i fix it? Thank you for all your help

A:Installer for battery

is that the EXACT error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installer-for-battery.23275/
Relevancy 19.78%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a dell axim x3 that I recently dusted off to use for my business. I have been trying to figure out the sync process for the calendar. Unfortunately I do not appear to have the necessary software on my computer to do this. So the question is, what is the software I need to sync my appointments, etc, to my desktop, or laptop for that matter?

A:Program for Win Mobile 2003?

Try using Windows ActiveSync

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-for-win-mobile-2003.111348/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have this problem that I can't seem to resolve. (making me a bit nutty, can't sleep kinda nutty).

I am creating a new user using a template that has always worked for me for the last 2 years, all of a sudden I am getting this error.

the wizard could not successfully configure this account.
the following could not be completed:
-A home folder could not be created for the user.

mmm it is probably something simple. me frustrated.

The Trix

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-one-here-familiar-with-exchange-server-2003.111310/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I am helping a family member setup a network and need help.

the setup is as follows

Store "A"
Store "B"
"Main office"

He wants to let Store A & B use the main sale software which is located in the Main Office. How can we do this, should I just setup a VPN for both stores so that they can login to the main office or would I need a back-end server. Thanks

A:Setting up branch office need professional ITs

And they are in the same building or contiguous?

I would to with the VPN... unless there are a lot of computers, meaning more than 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-branch-office-need-professional-its.109097/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay.
Basically after about 20-30 minutes roughly my audio just craps out and starts making popping and crackling noises that get progressivly worse until I go into the Cmedia control panel and click S/PDIF and it fixes it for another 30 minutes and then it starts again, so I have to click the same button, And so forth.

This is such a pain. I've tried re-installing the drivers and all other common solutions. I had no problem with the previous drivers, but they didnt support mic so I had to install the newest ones, which have been giving me this problem for the past year or so.

If anyone can help me, it'd be the biggest help.

Thanks.

A:Asus M2N-E SLI Audio Problem - Popping/Crackling

i got the same problem only it happens when i use my xbox 360 controller. i ended up ripping the sound card out of an old dell and sticking in finding some modded drivers compatible with vista for it and now im fine. NEVER EVER get a cmedia product. they have NO TECH SUPPORT whatsoever, other than the comunity support forums which noone from CMEDIA themselves uses.

i whish i could help but i cant. until there is a fix, i suggest sound blaster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-e-sli-audio-problem-popping-crackling.109907/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey I have a small project (Personal Project) I am working on I got 3 compaq proliant 1600 for free, I am talking about the one that got discontinued on march 2000 this thing is old lol. Now I wanted to know if it could support sbs2003 below are the current specs also I attached a picture below. It will support 4 or 5 PC's
Specs:
2x P3 600 MHZ
4x 256 MB Ram
4x 18.2 SCSI HDD I set one of the HDD as "page file"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-this-support-sbs-2003.109659/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi

i just built my first computer yesterday(specs are at bottom) and i also bought the xbox 360 wireless adapter thingy that lets me use my 360 wireless controller for gaming and for some reason whenever i plug it in the sound gets all poppy and crackly and i have to restart the computer to fix that im pretty sure its the mobo's problem because when i first booted up(w/o adapter plugged in) it had that problem until i installed the drivers i heard something about disabling the usb audio legacy drivers but when i did that my computer wouldn't boot so i reset to defaults and now im here

any help would be appericated

gflo

Computer specs

asus m2n sli mobo
seagate 200gb barracuda hdd
antec earthwatts 500wat
xfx geforce 9800gt
amd athlon x2 5600+
4gb ocz special ops dual channel ram
Vista home premium 64bit dual booted Xp pro 32bit(same on both OSes)

A:Popping crackling when I connect Xbox 360 wireless adapter

What exactly does that X360 adapter hook up to, USB 2.0 port? If so, once you installed the drivers it should allow the system to boot normally. Perhaps the device is configurable through gaming devices? If there is any software (not drivers) required to use the adapter/controller, maybe it needs to be patched/updated for use with that mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/popping-crackling-when-i-connect-xbox-360-wireless-adapter.109140/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I m hoping someone can help After having a horrid bug on my system that disabled my desktop regedit taskmanager and other fun stuff etc I haven t been able to connect to the after internet Lost 2003 connection in virus internet via since I might have deleted some dlls while getting my system clean lol I dual boot standard edition and run XP Professional The original message when I try to repair the highspeed cable connection quot Windows cannot renew the IP address from Lost internet connection in 2003 after virus the DHCP server Instead an automatic private address will be used to connect to computers within the same private network quot What I have tried so far ipconfig renew---the Lost internet connection in 2003 after virus error is An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection an operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot I checked to make sure DHCP was enabled which it was I followed Microsofts article on--How to remove and reinstall TCP IP on a Windows Server domain controller Article I can run dcdiag and netdiag to see what errors come up if that would help as well Still no connection I m completely lost at this point Thanks Kim nbsp

A:Lost internet connection in 2003 after virus

Article ID : 811259
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection-in-2003-after-virus.108913/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I am currently on a voluntary placement in Indonesia helping out an NGO with some I T They have a windows server with the following specs thats causing me some 2003 slow very Windows server running based grief and I was hoping you could help Specs Motherboard Gigabyte GA- I P -G CPU Intel pentium GPU Radeon MB DDR -bit HD Seagate barricuda x GB x GB PSU w XA SIMBIO RAM GB Hynix DDR PC OS Windows server Problem The problem is very slow running and slow response times The PC POSTs normally but loading of the operating system is very slow Windows 2003 based server running very slow It takes - minutes from POST to login screen Loading then takes a long time After this I can open the start menu bit it is a little slow Opening the programs sub-menu is then very very slow causing the computer to freeze Any intensive task also causes the computer to freeze for a long time before the operation is completed What I have Tried I opened the box up to check for dust Its a pretty clean machine CPU temperature is approx c according to BIOS system monitor Several reboots have of course been tried I have tried loading fail-safe defaults Task manager shows no abnormal processes or excessively high usage for any processes I have loaded msconfig and switched to minimal boot This resulted in only a minor improvement Misc The problem is complicated in that this organisation is non-profit and so I cannot simply try replacing parts until something improves My take on the specifications is that this machine should run smoothly I have the option to re-install with windows XP or with server again The machine is intended to be used as a server I was hoping to load MySQL onto it The machine was pretty much unused for a long time before I arrived All suggestions welcome thanks Kris nbsp

A:Windows 2003 based server running very slow

How about defragging the (C) hard drive and running a registry cleaner...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-based-server-running-very-slow.108777/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, i do have a Linksys ISR, windows 2003 enterprise edition and a Public IP address. I would like to setup an FTp site on the windows 2003 pc using my public IP. I successfully managed to do it over the LAN and both downloads and uploads are fine however when it comes to setting it up over the Internet i terribly misfire. I do not have any experience in setting up a public IP and i do not know how to configure it on the machine so that it's accessible over the internet.
any help will be more than appreciated.

A:Setting up a remote FTP server on windows 2003

I am not an expert on this subject, but have you opened up a specific port on the Linksys router for your remote FTP Client to get into the LAN and be forwarded to the FTP Server? My router requires this for an remote application to get into the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-remote-ftp-server-on-windows-2003.107710/
Relevancy 22.36%

hey I am helping this person who wanted to setup a VPN. I installed an extra GB LAN card into his server. But I am having trouble getting it to, does he need to have a static IP or can he use his DHCP from his ISP provider thanks

A:Trouble setting up VPN on Server 2003 with dynamic ip

xxdanielxx said:

hey I am helping this person who wanted to setup a VPN. I installed an extra GB LAN card into his server. But I am having trouble getting it to, does he need to have a static IP or can he use his DHCP from his ISP provider thanksClick to expand...

Can this NIC support Windows Sever 2003? Some of them don't have drivers for or have some issues? Does this NIC work. Did you load balance it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-setting-up-vpn-on-server-2003-with-dynamic-ip.105720/
Relevancy 22.79%

How do I disable/change certain IRQ's and Resources in a Server 2003 envrionment? I am having a IRQ 15 conflict, between the Secondary IDE Channel and the System Board. How do I go about changing one of these to a different IRQ? I have 3 or 4 that are available. Windows also will not let me change or realocate resources (the area on the interface is grayed out).and being that I just built this machine and am the admin, I have all rights and permissions.

A:IRQ Conflicts with Server 2003

Not a good thing to do. What happened to the defaults normally selected at start-up?
IRQ's about 12 are trouble to deal with, unless you haver very specific changes in mind. Since you apparently built the system, the answers should be in your motherboard manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irq-conflicts-with-server-2003.103752/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,
I am having problems remotley administering my domain. I am using a vista computer to administer my domain remotely. When I try to open the domain users and computers appalet I get the message that says " naming information can not be located ...". I know that DNS is running (maybe not correctly) and that my computer logged on to the domain. DNS is the only thing that I can think as the problem. I can log onto OWA by typing in the ip address but I can not use the admin tools. Please help

Thank You

A:Can not connect to the server 2003 domain from the vista client

Well, how about fixing the DNS? Without working DNS, you can pretty much forget about doing anything with AD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-connect-to-the-server-2003-domain-from-the-vista-client.102666/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello, I am having an issue with reinstalling the Officejet 7140xi software. Initially I had an error stating "Unable to start the application--the Java Virtual Machine cannot be loaded. Class not registered." I was able to get this to not appear by installing msjavax86.exe. I have tried HP 7140xi version 1.13 from their CD and version 1.12 from HP's website. Both of these version will just past the registering point and then the action dialogue box will change stating "Rolling Back". I have tried clearing out all cache, history, files & objects in Internet Explorer....turning off AVG and all other protection software.

My computer is an IBM T43P laptop loaded with WinXP with 2GB of RAM. I have 1.5GB free on my C hard drive.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

A:HP OfficeJet 7140xi Installer Not Working - Rolls Back

first thing: you need to free up some space on your C: drive. I recommend having atleast 20% free space at all times. your computer needs this to work efficiently. This can likely be accomplished by getting an external drive for your music & video files. If you are like me you probably have many GB's of music and or movies. Think of what you can really do without. If you just have a small drive then you just have to thin out what you do have.

2) Use Window uninstall and remove the existing OfficeJet software completely.

3) download and install a trial version of Diskeeper 2008: http://consumer.diskeeper.com/downloads/Downloads.aspx?RId=1220&SId=1&CId=1&Aeid=0&Apid=0
download the Pro version. If you like it buy the home version. (cheaper but if your going to use a trial, might as well use one of the high versions - has more features that might help with initial cleanup)

4) Download System Mechanic Pro 7 trial: http://www.iolo.com/SM/7/pro/download.aspx (to register for it you can use wrong name and fake email. eg [email protected] - this will get you the trial without all the spam unless you want to recieve some email 'deals' they are good sometimes) When installing - I suggest that you DO NOT install the antivirus or spyware software. Just install the main program. Once you have it installed - use the Tools/individual tools/enhance protection and run the 'back up or restore registry'. After that use the Tools/individual tools/repair problems and run 'Repair registry problems'. After that use the Tools/individual tools/Increase Performance and run the 'compact registry' on next reboot. - reboot and your registry should be much better. Do not use the defrag in this program. Diskeepers in much much better.

5) reinstall the Officejet 7140xi software using the latest version from HP. When I install any peripheral devices I never install all the software included on the disk. I just install the drivers. You might have the option to pick what is installed. The only thing you need is the drivers. Windows XP has great built in software for doing the stuff that the 'spam-ware' included on the installation disks can do.

This should be it and it should work now.

I know that it sounds like a lot of work and it is, but I have dealt with what you are dealing with many, many times. This is what lead me to not installing the "included" software and only the drivers.

If you don't want to do all the steps listed above, at least do step one, two, and five.

The software I have suggested are only programs that I have had the best luck with. Everyone has there own preferences. If you don't like them try something else.
I hope that I have been of help to you.
SUB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-officejet-7140xi-installer-not-working-rolls-back.98418/
Relevancy 22.36%

What kind of sound card is on the t-1625?
I blew out Vista and put Windows 2003 Server and now my sound does not work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the some of the stuff posted. Any ideas?
Thanks!

A:Windows 2003 Server sound issues

You will have to download and install new sound drivers for Windows Server 2003 directly from your motherboards website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-sound-issues.98597/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am running SBS 2003 with SP2 on the server and WinXP Pro on all clients.
Some time ago I stopped receiving the server usage reports for our system, actually the report is delivered but "the page cannot be displayed" and suggests checking that MSSQL$SBSMONITORING service is started, which It is.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue as I am quite keen to find out who is using up all our bandwidth.

A:SBS 2003 Server usage report

Stop the service and start it up again. You might have to wait later in the day or night and reboot that server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sbs-2003-server-usage-report.97920/
Relevancy 19.78%

I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

A:IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-t20-thinkpad-type-2647-92u-wont-boot-my-ms-office-2005-cd.96257/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well I got two questions really, is there a way I can do things like block people who login from using run, task manager, Off button. I know I can change all this sort of stuff by editing reg values on each of the computers but is there a way to do it from the server. If it is possible to apply these rules to certain user groups it would also be really useful.

How do I turn off the password rules? you know the way windows will only accept the password if it has a caps letter and numbers and so forth, I find these rules fairly annoying and I do not need this much security.

Thanks in advance

A:Win Server 2003 R2, security question

Local Security Polices
Group Polices these too areas are found in all versions of Windows OS client or server they're in the Admin Tools in the Control Panel There is a free sotware that you can use can disable of of these features...

Can try this
http://www.kood.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-server-2003-r2-security-question.90838/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I am the administrator of a small Windows Small Business Server network which comprises Server NIC 2003 SBS Connection Server/Client Error - Win and Clients One of the client computers failed and I had to run a diagnostic on the components which meant testing each i e M b Video CPU Hd etc It transpired that on this Client the PSU was the problem so I installed a new PSU rebuilt the Client and connected it to the network and restarted it Everything started OK except I could not connect to the network I tried to Join a domain via My Computer Properties Computer Name Win SBS 2003 - Server/Client Connection Error and Change and putting in the Domain name of the server I receiver the Error message - An error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location SRV resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain ABCD CO UK The error was quot The requested address is not valid in its context quot error code x WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs ABCD CO UK So there you are the full Error message I have so far been unable to get the Client computer to connect to the Win SBS Server but there is one thing that may be relevant I did attach the HD to another Client pc to confirm it was OK so could this have reset something on the HD which has stopped it connecting to the Server Any help on this would be gratefully accepted Regards Gerryw p s Hope this is not to long winded nbsp

A:Win SBS 2003 - Server/Client Connection Error

The computer is not in the domain at the moment?

The first thing to check with everything related to Active Directory: is the DNS set up correctly? Make sure that the computer in question has the SBS machine as its DNS server.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-sbs-2003-server-client-connection-error.89718/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a couple servers that we use for DNS I am trying to get them setup quot the right way quot We have almost com domains I want these two servers to run for us We also have server questions 2003 DNS Windows a straight fiber connection for us to use for internet Question For a dual cpu ghz Dell w gigs of ram how many domains would you put on a single dns server All When you setup a secondary DNS server to accept zone transfers from the primary does that mean that you can enter new zones into the primary and it will auto create them onto the Windows 2003 DNS server questions secondary for you Or do I have to go onto the primary and create the new zone and then go onto the secondary and create the new zone manually myself Thanks guys I really need to find someone who is an expert in MS DNS Servers that I can just sit down and chat with cause this is a whole new book for me nbsp

A:Windows 2003 DNS server questions

The answers require way too long a response for this forum. We recommend you obtain copies of

Windows Server 2003: A Beginner's Guide (Beginner's Guide) by Martin S Matthews (Paperback - April 11, 2003)

and

Microsoft Windows Server(TM) 2003 Inside Out by William R. Stanek (Paperback - Jul 7, 2004)

Or similar books, or Windows Service 2003 knowledgebase articles at www.micrpspft/com.

Otherwise, you need an expensive Network consultant. They start in most locals at $85 an hour and sometimes $135 an hour. They have spent a great deal of time hands on getting to a point where they can advise you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-dns-server-questions.86698/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi i need to resize the hard drive on this server that i have the only problem is the the server has a C: 25g & D: 55g. What i want to do is remove space from the d: and put it to the c:. i tried power quest but it did not work gave me an error when installing about net3.0 Is there any 3rd party software i can use. Thanks

A:resize 2003 sbs hdd

Try this:

http://vcom.avanquest.com/cat/prod.php?pid=2177

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resize-2003-sbs-hdd.85604/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am unable to connect from my XP Home SP2 machine to 2003 Server. I was able to connect and use remote desktop initially. I then configured another XP Pro SP2 machine -- no problem. Now when I try to connect, I get the following message:

The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections.

How do I increase the # of allowed connections?

A:Win 2003 Server & Remote Desktop

This might help:

http://www.petri.co.il/what's_remote_desktop.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2003-server-remote-desktop.85380/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am looking for a little help. Here is what I am looking to do:

I am working on a Windows 2003 server. It is a Domain Controller so it holds a copy of the Active Directory. I have several security groups created - no distribution groups. I have another sever that serves as the file server. I want to know if there is a way to pick a security group and find every file or directory that they have access to.

If anyone knows of anything please land a hand.

Thanks,
OnePCTech

A:Windows 2003 Active Directory Users/Groups

Yes. If you are administrator, use the administrative manual... it is all a matter of how you set it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-active-directory-users-groups.82698/
Relevancy 22.79%

On the server hard drive, there are files there, (file server),

I checked all permissions and everything is fine., however.. Every time one of the domain users goes to delete a file or a folder that they no longer use on the server hard drive, the files come back the next day.

the process has been going on for about 3 weeks now, I cant seem to figure out where the files come back from, I see them removed from the server and then the next day they no longer are there..

any idea what might be causing this?

A:Server 2003 Won't Delete my files. Help!

Actually I think I might have solved this, I am running a program called SyncBack, it syncs the data from the server to the external hdd, the "copy file to source" was selected when the destination file exists, but the source doesn't.

I will see if this fixes the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2003-wont-delete-my-files-help.82453/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi up setting medical a in help a office in need small network I just started my own office and would like to set u a network in the office I have setup networks mostly wireless at home I woud like to setup a hybrid network office will have one server about desktops printer scanner and one laptop i am setting up asterix pbx need help in setting up a network in a small medical office a friend is helping with that and voip phones have to run wires across rooms would like to have wireless networking for laptop use I have zyxel mimo router and plan to extend it by adding a switch I need a basic idea about how to run wires have to run wires across - rooms my understanding is that i need one cable for each computer So if i have a printer and computer in a room-- i would need to run two cables from two ports---right also need help with which cable to use cat cat e what other equipment do I need thanks appreciate your help much christy nbsp

A:need help in setting up a network in a small medical office

Basically the rule of thumb is one cable per device. I would use cat5e for this type of setup as it will give you room for expansion as cat5e is gigabit ethernet capable (assuming growth is always good instead of re-wiring infrastructure). This is the cable most often used in fast ethernet setups (100MBps).

Also keep in mind that the maximum length you can use for the cabling is 100M or your going to run into some serious issues.

You also need to use different ethernet cable types for the devices. For Example - If you go from Router to a computer, you use straight through. If you go from router to switch, you also use a straight through. The only time you connect devices using a crossover cable, is like devices. Ex - switch to switch, router to router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-setting-up-a-network-in-a-small-medical-office.81112/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have replaced an NT primary domain controller with a server I still have an Nt server as an application server and NT server 4 Domain in accessing 2003 a as a Backup Domain Controller It has been running fine until I add a new user that was never in the old domain Any new users that get added cannot authenticate to the NT server All the previous users were already in the accessing NT 4 server in a 2003 Domain BDC when I change over I cannot figure out why I can authenticate as Administrator and any old users I have sp a loaded someone said this would help and have even added the new users to the Domain Admin group but still nothing I cannot upgrade the Nt server as the application is an ERP system that is run throughout the company and I am told will not be supported in anything other than the NT environment If I add users on the NT first it updates the PDC just fine but I still can t access the shares Any Ideas Rdb nbsp

A:accessing NT 4 server in a 2003 Domain

Try demoting the NT4 server so it is no longer a DC and integrating it through DNS into your network.

Because your NT4 server is PDC, there is alot to do in order to keep the NT4 server as a DC and integrate it into a Server 2003 Schema AD network.
It is really not worth doing to be honest! Your NT4 server should run fine as a server, but not as a DC within your Server 2003 environment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-nt-4-server-in-a-2003-domain.79373/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all,

I have a problem that my system in which i have just installed windows server 2003 in office does not detect the usb drive. It seems that the usb controller is properly installed since its entry under Universal Serial Bus Controllers node under Device Manager is seen which is "Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24 CD". But when i plug my flash drive to the usb the system does not detect it. Please note that it's working properly on the same system on another hdd in which Windows XP is installed. Please help.

thankyou,

Babur

A:Windows Server 2003 does not detect flash drive

you may need drivers for the device or you may need to assign the drive a letter under disc management.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-server-2003-does-not-detect-flash-drive.79252/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello again everyone I have a computer that SHOULD be running amazingly well and it does for the most part I really have NOTHING on here it is a Dell customized PC only running processes regularly Here are the specs Dell Dimension DIM Pentium CPU GhZ GB RAM Windows XP Home Edition So everything runs fine I have a wireless Linksys router which I JUST upgraded to the latest firmwire and everything brand new speakers an external MyBook GB USB Hard Drive which holds my music Everything in consistent and midi-apps... Awful noises music crackling/popping was running great but my music pops and crackles id say about every seconds I also use a Midi Controller Keyboard Keystation es by M-Audio I play the M-Tron software and it crackles louder than hell when going on a note for longer than seconds It is all in and out on and off I have no idea what could be causing it people have told me it is the CPU and the computer is struggling but it just does not make sense I am barely running anything on here my processes are all normal and everything the Linksys wireless was a hog Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps... for a while but the firmwire fixed it up a lot Does anyone have any ideas or can help me Also all of the midi keyboard software is Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps... detached from the external HD the external HD is JUST music so it has no connection to the popping and crackling of the M-Tron software with the keystation es Thank you for any help anyone can give nbsp

A:Awful crackling/popping noises consistent in music and midi-apps...

Update:

I have tested old speakers with the OLD audio card, which is still installed above my new Audiphile one. Old speakers work PERFECTLY, so it is NOT the CPU or PC. It is either the SPEAKERS or the AUDIOPHILE sound card. How do I find out? I have no other speakers that connect to the Audiophile card, and I have no other PC with a card that can test the speakers.

Anyone have an educated decision? A popping noise every 10 seconds or so, on and off, sometimes never happens...audiocard most likely, right? The speakers were bought brand new, M-Audio Studio Pro 3's. They seem just fine.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/awful-crackling-popping-noises-consistent-in-music-and-midi-apps.78919/
Relevancy 29.24%

I've owned the card for about 2 years, without any problems.

Just about 2 weeks ago, during a game I was playing (Warrock) my sound coming out of my speakers was screeching. I have Ventrilo running as well, which has never given my problems before.

Could this be a problem with my speakers or a sign that my sound card is dying?

Luckily the sound card isnt that expensive anymore, so If I need to buy a new one, I could.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Audigy ZS 2 - Sound popping, bad feedback noises.

I have the same card, go to the site and get the most current driver for it, stopped it for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-zs-2-sound-popping-bad-feedback-noises.78421/
Relevancy 19.35%

Which company or software are good and fast. To let me use my office computer from home. thank you.

A:Which site or software that will let me use my office computer from home computer

It would be the software that your work system administrator allows you to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-site-or-software-that-will-let-me-use-my-office-computer-from-home-computer.75478/
Relevancy 29.67%

How can I fix this? Is the message something to worry about?

I changed the twarnmsg.exe file name so it would stop popping up.

It specifically says a problem with the cooling system has been detected, please turn off and return immediately for service.

Intel Celeron M Processor 2.8Ghz
XP Home SP2

AVG and Norton Internet Security seems to be taking up a lot of resources as per the task list. The CPU usage has been running at 100% lately.

A:Message Twarnmsg keeps popping up and the fan is spinning

its can be virus like "sasser" worm. scan your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/message-twarnmsg-keeps-popping-up-and-the-fan-is-spinning.73707/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about buying a surge suppressor for a small office. A recent electrical storm took out at least one power supply in my dad's office, so I'm thinking we should get a surge suppressor installed. There are five desktops in the office, each consuming on average 300W, I'm assuming. There are also two laptops probably consuming at most 150W.

There is already a UPS serving most of the computers, but that doesn't hold them for very long, as it probably isn't meant to power as many computers as it is. Anyway, I wanna talk to my dad about installing a dedicated surge suppressor. What brand, or better yet, model, should we be getting? I know nothing about surge suppressors.

Regards and thanks for any replies

A:Surge suppressor/protector for small office

Tripp, and APC are both good brands, andthe thing to look for it not just surge suppressors and battery backups but ones that have AVR (Auto Voltage regulator) capabilities. brown outs and such can be just as damaging as power outs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surge-suppressor-protector-for-small-office.73354/
Relevancy 27.52%

hi..i get a windows installer keeps popping up whenever i open outlook express

Relevancy 22.36%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone This is my first actually second post not counting introduction post on the forum so please don t shout at me I have a question I haven t found answer on the whole internet I have a Windows Server machine and a software which uses USB key to validate the software legality in the network The thing is the USB key disconnects every once in a while every few days and the software pops up a message quot Key validation error quot I check the server and the key is Server Windows USB 2003 itself? disconnects turned off When I reset the machine everything is back normal but in next few days the same situation happens Many people use the software and when the USB key goes down they cannot work I contacted USB key Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself? vendor and they never had issue like that Anybody knows any of the questions What could be the reason for such behavior How to fix it permanently How to make a periodical once a day USB port reset turn off and back on Thanks in advance Benio nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself?

You might want to go into your Device manager and right click on the USB key, and check for any "Power Saving options". Your server might be telling it to shut off after so long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-usb-disconnects-itself.71517/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a network that works fine with a router in place for the DHCP. I have a new server that I am wanting to put in place for the DHCP and run Active Directory. I set up the server with the same scope for ip address so that I would not have to go and change any static ip systems. The server is able to surf the internet but the clients are not.

The clients are pulling valid IPs from the server, to test this I repaired a systems IP address and it pulls the right IP and shows up in the server DHCP list.

I have sonfigured the DNS forwarding to the ISP ip and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas

If you need more information just let me know.

Thanks

A:Windows Server 2003 R2 problems

Ideas...

Try pinging the loopback (127.0.0.1) on each client computer to verify the services needed are running and if those come back good, ping the router. Let me know what happens from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-server-2003-r2-problems.69468/
Relevancy 28.81%

Currently having probelms with my comp.
installed mcaffes onto system and then since then ethernet is not detected and right clicking mouse menu keeps popping up.
i have reformatted 6 times , got rid of mcaffes and cleaned the whole thing up with trojan, vrius hunting software galore. ive utilised the fromat disc that cam ewith the computer

when plugging the mouse in, windows gets hid drivers from its system to run it.

the computer will go good as gold for 1 day then the menu that pops up when you right click the mouse will steadily just appear all the time.

i would appreciate some help as i am getting quite frustrated as is my wife who sees my "muttering" at the thing

A:hardware conflict?: satellite toshiba 50 menu popping up

Go to Toshiba's support website and download and install all the updated drivers including the pointing device drivers... If you used a driver CD that came with the laptop, the drivers are probably very old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-conflict-satellite-toshiba-50-menu-popping-up.68900/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am using a Pentium, with windows xp service pack2, direct x9.

My graphics card is geforce fx5500, forceware version: 81.98

My dell monitor is Dell E152FP

I want to ask why my brightness/contrast screen of the monitor keeps popping up?

Is it due to viruses or malware? (which I dun think so as my virus, spyware are up to date)

Is it due to my monitor malfunctioning or graphics card?

Is it because I never install upgrades of geforce?

Please help.

A:Brightness/Contrast screen keep popping up

Virus's /spyware can't affect your monitor's OSD from popping up. That is controlled purely by the monitor. Probably, wither the OSD button is stuck pressed and comes up every once in a while, or there is some dirt in the button, producing the same effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brightness-contrast-screen-keep-popping-up.65386/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello nice forum you guys have here

Here is something i just got on EBAY!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=130056203529&rd=1&rd=1

I wish to install Windows 2003 server on this system. So far I have

Used the SmartStartCD 5.5 and installed the BIOS.
I have set up the raid0 array and i have created a logical drive.
I have chaged the boot order in the newly installed BIOS to go to CD first.

When i place my Win 2K3 server cd in the drive i get a non system disk error
I can place the same disc in my XP home machine and i get no trouble booting. The smartstartcd boots fine.

Why is the windows CD not booting?

Thanks for taking time reading my post

A:PROLIANT DL380 and Windows Server 2003

The cd is probably not bootable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/proliant-dl380-and-windows-server-2003.65808/
Relevancy 21.93%

Is there anyone who has experience of WSUS and would help me to get it set up?

many thanks in advance
dave

A:Help setting up WSUS on windows small business server 2003

wsus requires ISS v. 6.0 or better to successfully install, but there are other prerequisites listed here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/downloads/WSUSSP1.mspx

how many clients does this server have? does it run exchange?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-wsus-on-windows-small-business-server-2003.64714/
Relevancy 22.79%

I haverecently setup exchange server of small business server 2003.

I can receive internal emails, I can succesfully send emails but I cannot revceive external emails.

I have now realised that the virtual pop3 server service (in exchange system manager) will not start.

Could this be the cause of the problem? and if so how do I fix it?

For extra info, I have used a web email test program on my email address ([email protected]) and these were the results:

Step 1: Try connecting to the following mailserver:
abcit.no-ip.info. - 82.163.45.58

Step 2: If still unsuccessful, queue the E-mail for later delivery.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trying to connect to all mailservers:

abcit.no-ip.info. - 82.163.45.58 [Could not connect: Could not receive data: Operation timed out.]
[Note that if your mailserver takes over 30 seconds to respond, our test will timeout, even though real mailservers will wait longer]

NOTE: This tool does NOT attempt to determine if an E-mail address exists!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-setting-up-exchange-on-sbs-2003.65207/
Relevancy 21.93%

Here is the found connect account Windows domain cannot (2003)...computer to not back story I am at a school with a NT domain server We bought a new SP server We have two IP ranges Our old configuration had static IP address with DNS servers located at the Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found district that was referenced in the TCP IP properties I set up the new server with roles It has an Active Directory It is a DHCP server I have machines The DHCP has a superscope with scopes within the superscope Each scope has a range of IP address and the exceptions for the server printers et cetera It also is a DNS server that quot listens to all IP addresses quot instead of listen to the quot following IP addresses quot However on the listen to the following IP addresses I put in it s own IP address The DNS server also has forwarders to the district DNS servers The last role is as a File Share I have connected about computers just fine Everything is working good however I am now getting sporadic computers that can t log on I get this message Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later Click to expand The computers are still on the server If I re-add the client machine to the domain everything is fine--for now This has been happening to xp machines It has happened times now and I am worried about a continual problem or a major problem around the corner Are there any ideas on what is causing this I have read up a little bit about SID problems but I am not that literate yet I am wondering if I set something up wrong failed to set something up or if there is an entirely different reason Could it be because the computers are still on the NT directory I have not taken off the NT active directory yet or added the NT server to the server I also have an independent server for the library and a server for a special ed room and program No one at the district can help I am out of ideas I am getting really worried that I did something wrong I can t fix I am not an expert I am in the very beginning stages of my MCSA training nbsp

A:Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found

I would look at the network before you look at the OS, when it happens see if you can ping the server by name and IP, also look in the event viewer of the machine and see if there is anything showing up in there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-connect-to-domain-2003-computer-account-not-found.63556/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey Folks,

I am looking for a one touch (or schedulable via software) external hard drive for backing up my development webserver. I am running windows 2003 standard edition.

My budget tolerance is around 200 bucks.

The reason I ask here is because all the HD's i've looked at seem to list being be compatible with every windows version EXCEPT 2003 server.

Any ideas?

thanks so much!

A:External HD and Windows 2003 Server, suggestions?

Much thanks for the info Rick, thats pretty much the confirmation i was hoping for. And as to the software, i can always kick of a script to backup if their consumer software wont work on 2003.

appreciate the info!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hd-and-windows-2003-server-suggestions.62688/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi. I have a small office network to set up for database but i dont know much about it.. im more on peer to peer network ( sharing files and printers from workgroups).

here is the current setup:

8 computers running MS XP pro media center edition. with internet connected in a wireless with 4 port router.

Planning to setup:

Install a server and create a domain which will connect the 8 workstations

I would like it to run only on Desktop server (Pentium 4 3.4 ghz, 1g memory, 250 sata hdisk, Mboard Built in lan, vidcard, sound).

which is better OS MS SBS 2003 or MS Win server 2003 standard edition SP1. if you can teach me a step by step setup how to create domain and connect workstations easy.

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it. tnanks

A:Setting up a small office network

maybe better to use apache
most addon's free
and or make a linux server box if you can handle linux
apache is on the disc

my server now runs apache ,linux
are you going to have website to??
if not just need to go to SBS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-office-network.54513/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all. I have a small office network to set up but im not TOTALLY sure how to go about it! I was hoping to iron out a few points on here.

As Im sure you'll ask for the details; here is the current setup:

4 computers running XP pro, networked together as a workgroup.

I am planning to install a server and create a domain.

The part where I am getting stuck is the email.

Basically, they all need email access, now Im wondering should I just set everyone up with outlook, or should I setup exchange server? - is exchange swerver useful in this situation or not?

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Dave

A:Help setting up a small office network

Truthfully in your situation I would just set up outlook and forget exchange. It will save you money and resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-small-office-network.53988/
Relevancy 22.79%

Are there any gurus about for the above title?

Im having problems with viewing files on an intranet which runs through IIS.

The links themselves work if I run straight from the local drive, but not if I try to view them through the Intranet http link.

Thanks

A:IIS6.0 - server 2003

Forgive me for asking, but is it the HTML code possibly?

Do your users have permissions on those folders?

If these are files you are accessing via the FTP option, do you have the directory structure set up correctly?

What is the error code you're getting? Standard 404?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iis6-0-server-2003.53908/