Windows Support Forum

On board plus two SLI cards

Q: On board plus two SLI cards

Hey everyone!

I know this might not be possible but I'm wondering if you can uses two SLI cards, but use the on board port to push the output video. I have two 9800 GT cards with dual DVI connections. The motherboard has a HDMI output and I would like to hook this pc to my HDTV. I can hook the the on board port just fine but the system doesn't use the graphic cards at all. Is their a way to make the graphics cards work when their ports are not in use? Thanks in advance!

Specs
2 X 9800 GT
1220 modular power supply
Dual core AMD 3.2 GHz
2 X 500 GB hardddrive
4 GB of RAM

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: On board plus two SLI cards

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: On board plus two SLI cards

obviously it wouldn't work. you cannot expect the graphic card to output the display to onboard HDMI port right? it's time for DVI to HDMI converter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-plus-two-sli-cards.144412/
Relevancy 58.05%

I currently have a p3 500 and a voodoo3 1000 8mb agp card. I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard/processor. I've been shoping around and have seen alot of motherboards with on-board video. What is better, on-board video or video cards? I play games, internet, etc...

Any opinion will be helpfull..

Thanks

A:on-board video vs. cards

Videocards are better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-video-vs-cards.68791/
Relevancy 57.62%

I know about apples and oranges, but I think I might have a unique question.

I have an MSI K9N4 SLI (Nvidia Nforce 500 chipset) mobo, I've been using ATI cards and I have some questions about attempting to SLI them.

My first question:
Is it even possible for my to use SLI with ATI cards?

My second question:
If it's possible, will my performance be degraded for mixing them?

My third question:
Can you SLI two different cards? I have an Radeon x1650 Pro and a Radeon HD 2600XT.

And my last question:
Will my 2600XT have to step down to meet my x1650?

Thanks much, guys!

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

Has been a long long time since i've returned to these forums, but i've always got the best advice and info from u guys!

Basically, i am getting confused with the hype of Physx and dedicating a GPU to act fully on Physx.

I have an intel chipset P35 Asus P5KE-E mobo which will support crossfire etc but i am sticking with Nvidia. I currently have a 9600 GT overclocked and want to upgrade to a 280 gtx. Can i whack the 9600 gt into the second (x4) pci express port and dedicate the whole card to physx whilst having the 280 in the pci-e x16 slot??

I'm sure i have read that this is possible but knowing my luck, it has to be in an sli capable mobo?!

Thanks in advance

Jonny

A:2 Nvidia Cards on non-sli board (for physx?)

it has to be SLI because ATI and nVidia uses different i think technologies and it works on a different basis
but there is a mobo which will be coming out that supports both Crossfire and SLI
i think intel will do it but i cant remember what model it will be :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-nvidia-cards-on-non-sli-board-for-physx.119635/
Relevancy 57.62%

Is it possible to use a dual output vid card AND the onboard VGA monitor output all at the same time in order to have 3 monitors running at once?

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a asus pentium 4, socket 478, intel 845, sdram,agp 4x, 2 gig processor mother board.

it says sd ram, does that mean my 2 gig processor/mother board wont support ddr ram?

and also, i want to upgrade my geforce 2 mx 400 vid card but almost all the vid cards above that are ddr ram. if my mother board doesnt support ddr ram, can i still use a ddr ram video card (will it just clock at lower speeds), or do i have to find a sd ram(pc 133) video card?

A:question about my mother board and video cards

yes that motherboard will support DDR RAM
and yes it will support a graphics card with DDR (a motherboard DOES NOT need to support DDR ram to run a DDR graphics card)

Steg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-my-mother-board-and-video-cards.9589/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Gigabyte GA-K8NS mb and need to upgrade my video card. I am considering an Nvidia 6800GT video card but not sure if I can even use it.

A:Solved: Can I use the Nvidia 6800 series cards on a socket 754 board?

Yeah you can run it. Just order the card you need, ie PCIE or AGP. I figure you need an AGP card but I ain't sure. Make sure your PSU is up to the task also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-use-the-nvidia-6800-series-cards-on-a-socket-754-board.454975/
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 41.71%

We have a Dell 390 tower that has 1 pcie x16 port and 2 pcie x1 ports. We have 3 additional videos cards other then the onboard but we are having difficulty getting all the video cards to work. The mutiple option only comes up when you add the video card in pcie x 16 slot but will not come up if you remove that card and put video cards into the other slots. Need help getting all video cards to work at the same time.
Additional Video Cards ( all 3 besides onboard) are : 
 EVGA GeForce 8400 GS DirectX 10 01G-P3-1303-RX 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
We have converter cables converting the pcie x 16 to pcie x 1. We've seen where other people with this same setup have gotten them all to work together but we just can't crack the code...any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991425
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,

My computer came with a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP card, which is apparently a Graphics/Video Card with onboard video (or the other way around, video w/ onboard graphics) Now, this is a terrible card- it can barely play any modern games. I want to get a new graphics card, but I'm concerned if I install a new Graphics Card, that because of the onboard video, it will affect this greatly, or if I actually need a video card instead of graphics. What do I actually need, and will it adversely affect anything on my PC.

I can provide more information if you want...

A:Installing New Graphics Cards with Onboard Video/Graphic Cards

We need to know what mobo you have and what slots it has.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-graphics-cards-with-onboard-video-graphic-cards.91405/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi.. So my psu got messed up so i have now sent it in and using a old psu without pci-e power so i had to change out my GTX 660 to my old ATI Radeon 4650
Though the gtx 660 kicks donkey in gaming the Radeon is running flash games smoother and some other stuff to
Also a bit of a OpenCL vs CUDA war
When rendering with my AMD A8 laptop with intergrated gpu the rendering times in Sony Vegas 12 accually was shorter than the video with OpenCL gpu acceleration on But with
Cuda acceleration on with my GTX 660 with around 950 CUDA cores the rendering times are about dubble the video lenght

This is soo confusing??
Did i do a very stupid move buying a 660 instead of a R9 270x card for Gaming and video editing and rendering

A:AMD cards Vs nVidia cards? Got very confused by a thing

You didn't mess up on anything but to be honest AMD has gotten better with encoding speeds over the years

I just recently bought a new GTX 780 ti I have not done any video yet i have been doing benchmarks but i will find out soon enough

the time it normally took me to render and burn with 2x7970's were about 20 minutes depending on what it was doing some took longer then others to about 30 minutes but actually cut down to 25 minutes

Direct Compute and Open GL are on fire right now with AMD cards they use it very well and Bitcoin Miners seem to love how much over Nvidia they run

For me it's doesn't mater as long as it suits my needs but other people may differ with the way AMD has been changing GPU Architecture people have been going red and also the prices have gone up so if you are looking to change now you need to look for a card worth the coin because they gone up 20% matching Nvidia prices

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/322681-amd-cards-vs-nvidia-cards-got-very-confused-thing.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel® Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVD±RW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 ® Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 40.42%

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!

A:Difference between quadro cards and gaming cards

boagz said:

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!Click to expand...

To answer your question, the Quaddro series of cards or FirePro for AMD are different from the gaming cards because they re-purpose the cards for straight up compute. The software included with them and drivers along with some additional features make them poor at gaming but better in the fields of compute/cuda dev/opencl/etc. Also those cards in most cases also cram more RAM than the standard card models for higher rendering among other things.

You will be fine with a 780 for the basics of 3DS max and maya and adding another would be somewhat beneficial later down the line but you can definitly use your superclock GTX 780 for this and get decent performance for these programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-quadro-cards-and-gaming-cards.201208/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm trying to run a game in High Def and it says I need to upgrade to GEFORCE 3 or better. Is this a video or a graphics card and what is the best choice to fix this problem.
I've read posts on graphics card and have it down to a choice between GEFORCE and ATI Radeon 3870 that Im having a hard time making since I don't know much about this yet and my comp is at least 5 yrs old. Running an EMachine 3400, 512 mb with windows xp and extra membory added. And which is better the 9600 Geforce or the 3?

Relevancy 39.13%

I have an RCA Kazoo RD1000 MP3 player and I am looking to buy a memory card for it but I'm not sure which one to get. In the manual, it references Multi Media Card (MMC) but in the stores, the only ones I can find are the SD cards. All of the memory card readers have one slot for the SD and the MMC cards.

I am wondering if SD and MMC are backwards compatible or not.

any help would be cool.

A:Are Multi Media Cards and SD cards the same?

Not sure how accurate this statement is:
MMC Card
Weighing less than two grams and taking up the area of a postage stamp, MultiMediaCards are ideal for use in portable devices like digital audio players, digital cameras, and PDAs. In addition to its distinct size advantage over other removable memory, the MultiMediaCard's low power draw makes it highly suitable for battery-powered mobile applications. MMC cards will fit into devices that have an SD slot - MMC cards are the same size, and are often much cheaper than SD cards, because they're an 'open' standard (SD card manufacturers have to pay royalties, and MMC card manufacturers don't!).

http://www.filesaveas.com/memorycard.html

I didn't think they could be interchanged though......perhaps someone else can shed some light. I use SD Cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-multi-media-cards-and-sd-cards-the-same.282429/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello all here s what I m trying to do I have S-Video input through means of my Geforce FX however the combonation of decoding that signal and having it converted suffers great quality loss I m looking to namely play progressive-scan console games on my LCD monitor and have the ability to take high quality captures or stills Here s the thing I have a to Do Cards PC Cards exist? VGA or, PC to Y,Pb,Pr Y Pb Pr to VGA converter for playing on my monitor however this does Do Y,Pb,Pr to PC Cards or, VGA to PC Cards exist? not help me with capturing stills Also my LCD s native resolution is x so x p on my LCD looks kind of nasty I m looking for a card that is capable of either component Y Pb Pr input or VGA DVI input so I can capture stills and run my LCD in it s native resolution as it decodes p signal Cost really isn t too much of a concern as long as it s in the - dollar range which I know items like this can often times exceed I am just having trouble finding this sort of setup yet I know they exist somewhere on a professional level I can either run component straight to the card or I can run component to VGA and if needed put a DVI adapter at the end of my VGA output on my transcoder so either VGA DVI or YPbPr input is acceptable nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-y-pb-pr-to-pc-cards-or-vga-to-pc-cards-exist.308632/
Relevancy 35.26%

will the 9 series make the $220 8800gts drop to something like $100 or will it still be $200?

A:Will the 9 series cards make the 8 series cards cheaper?

eventually, and then the 10 series will do the same to the 9 series, rinse and repeat. basically as long as its one of the fastest cards the gts will be expensive, when it becomes obsolete (relatively) its price will drop.

from the question i assume you are looking to upgrade, if you want to only spend $100 then i'd say your best bet is an OCed 7600 GT, lotsa bang for your buck, i can run FEAR with pretty high settings with just one of them.
but really, what are you looking for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-9-series-cards-make-the-8-series-cards-cheaper.97664/
Relevancy 33.54%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm planning on upgrading my processor later on to a core 2 duo e6750. The thing is what motherboard should I get because right now I'm on a dell E510 and the current motherboard in my computer doesn't support core 2 duo processors.
What's a good motherboard that will fit and is not too pricey?

Thanks.

A:What board?

You are likely better off building a whole new pc, rather than try to upgrade a dell. You may run into problems and find out that only other dell parts will fit your case.

If you think that you may want to upgrade in the future then it is best to build your own pc and stay away from propriatary parts. This way you won't have to worry about adding a new psu, mobo, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-board.652384/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am getting a Core i7 860 tomorrow. Also a Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard and some Mushkin 1600 RAM (7-8-7-20)

It should give me a couple of years of good use. (I hope)

Has anyone got a P55 setup yet. Anything bad or good you have heard about the platform.

I like to try new things. I could have got the i7 920 and a decent X58 board. that's boring. haha

I am hearing the i7 860 is right up there and even outperforms the 920 in some cases.

Anybody have any experience with Mushkin RAM? I was told to try it out. My friend seems to think I will be pleased with it.

I'm also wondering if anyone has a P55 board you have run into anything strange.

Thanks

A:Anyone have a P55 board set up yet?

I don't have one (yet) but I have only heard great things about the P55 chipset and especially the i7 860 processor. Be sure to let us know how it goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25011-anyone-have-p55-board-set-up-yet.html
Relevancy 30.53%

The XPS 13 laptop has an LED board in it. The board plugs into the motherboard, but it's not really clear to me what's for. The board is pictured here, www.ebay.com/.../262105473513

A:What is the LED board for?

It holds the system LEDs -- charging, power, etc.  They're on the front edge of the palmrest in this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993164
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

I nbsp bought an HP spectre notebook nbsp and purchased an HP nbsp accidental damage plan waranty and year Care Pack This plan covers accidental liquid spills nbsp It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE nbsp THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP nbsp I was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were many witnesses nbsp keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to board send on site repair staff but I couldn't take hours off of work board to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and or water is a covered board event nbsp They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed nbsp I called them and they said someone would get back to me nbsp I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself nbsp I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee nbsp I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside nbsp I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined nbsp there was a nbsp dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff nbsp I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands nbsp I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care nbsp I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer nbsp They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been nbsp HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and nbsp they again claimed there nbsp been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me on April th They told me the case was closed and indicated nothing abou... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/board/td-p/5611850
Relevancy 30.53%

I posted an earlier question about "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable"
I've been intouch with HP who told me it was probably the Hard Drive & the MB but a local PC store says that both are unlikely to be down, he tried to connect to the HD using an adapter but he couldn't detect it. So it's most likely the HD. Before I go buying a new HD I read about a PCB Board for sale on Ebay that fixes 50% of bad drives. I'm not sure of the likelyhood of this working - could it really work? and is it easy to change whatever I have to change?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAGATE-ST98082...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Thanks.

Relevancy 30.53%

hellow getsi live in pakistan. i hv HP envy 15 - 3207tx model B8M39PA. some keys of my laptop do not function. mechenics say it should be replaced. i did not find any key board in peshawar,  islam abad and even in lahore. its key board No is 668834-001. kindly help me how can i get key board. thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-board/td-p/5781751
Relevancy 30.53%

what ram would be best for the dfi nf4 sli board?

ocz has ram made just for dfi but i dont know
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...pc_5000_dual_channel_platinum_dfi_nf4_special

or should i go with something like this
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_dual_channel_platinum_rev_2

A:ram for dfi nf4 board

nice to see that a mobo manufacturer besides ABIT is putting out the extra money to put the good japanese caps on their boards. The specs for the board says it only supports DDR 400. So does that mean it won't support a Clawhammer with 1GHz FSB? weird. Anyway if you have a 1GHz FSB you would need the PC5000. i still don't get it. Sorry I'm an Intel guy so I'm not really into AMD, but no one was answering your post so.......... I thought all the 939 socket AMD's were 1GHz FSB? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-dfi-nf4-board.25045/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a very weird problem. My computer does not respond upon booting. It powers up but there is no response - the monitor stays in standby, the activity light on the CD-ROM stays ON, but in a multi-coloured manner and there's nothing I can do.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks as if power is coming to the M/Board from the PSU but not returning to the PSU to boot up the PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-the-psu-or-the-m-board.917233/
Relevancy 30.53%
Q: board

Laptop under warranty, including accidental damage, until spring, 2016.  Sent it for repairs...blotches on screen and keyboard failure 4 days ago.  Received it back today, july 10, w/ a note claiming device contains "biohardous material" and cannot ever be repaired by HP due to health danger to support techs.  What the hell sort of biohazard can a computer contain?  I'm elderly, live alone, keep the device on a table by itself.  There is no radioactivity within hundreds of miles of here.  I have NO health issues which would constitute a biohazard: early cataract, mild depression, occasional insomnia, high blood pressure.   What constitutes a biohazard so dangerous that a tech's health might be endangered?  I'm on a fixed income and cannot afford another computer.  I am at a total loss.  Is this some scam to avoid honoring a warranty on a not-too-popular device?  Please advise.  Thanks!    

A:board

I bought an HP spectre 360 notebook and purchased an HP accidental damage plan waranty and 2 year Care Pack. This plan covers accidental liquid spills. It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill. NONE.  THERE ARE NO STATED EXCLUSIONS FOR BIOHAZARDS IN THE POLICY ACCORDING TO HP. I was at a coffee shop, and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water, coffe and tea. It spilled all over my computer. There were many witnesses. 3 keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill. I contacted HP and they offered to send on site repair staff, but I couldn't take 6 hours off of work to wait for them to come. HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow. They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee. tea, and/or water is a covered event. They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them. I took photos of the computer condition before shipping. It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could. I sent the computer in. When it got there, I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD. It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed. I called them and they said someone would get back to me. I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me. I figured it had been repaired. They gave no info about the computer itself. I got the box on April 27th. There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box. I opened it and pulled out my computer. The inside of the box was wet. the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee. I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer, they need to fix it. I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment. The liquid had been all over my hands. It seemed like an awful lot of liquid. I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside. I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined there was a "dangerous biohazard" liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a "safety and health risk" to their staff. I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with "biohazard" checked off as a reason why they would not fix it. This alleged "biohazard" was all over the notice itself, and was all over my hands. I had a complete nevrous breakdown and had to get medical care. I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white/brown liquid was "urine." HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it. I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation. All agreeed it was coffee, not urine, and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make. All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair. I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer. They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them. That box arrived May 2nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office. I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been. HP signed for the computer on May 3rd. On May 4th, HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer, and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in. I pointe dout that they already had the computer. They signed for it on May 3rd. HP wrote me on May 5th to tell me they had searche their records and they again claimed there been a biohazard and the computer was shipped back to me ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/board/td-p/5145007
Relevancy 30.53%

I am working on a new project and I have scoured the internet for AMD CPU's and boards for real cheap, and I mean CHEAP!

I think I have found the lowest price, but I wanted to see if you guys had anything, I am looking for the ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST AMD board and cpu you can find while keeping it over 1Ghz

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 and I was looking at going to an AM2+ processor at some point in the future. Have to figure out other problems first. I know the board will "work" with the newer AMDs but Gigabyte says:

(Note) If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherbord, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted.

What does this mean exactly? Would a quad or tri with this impact act any better than my x2 5000 black (currently OC to 3.1). Do I need a newer board to run these in any way that will show gains.

I guess the main reason I'm asking is that Vista says my CPU has the lowest performance index of any of my parts. Like your thoughts. Thanks.

A:AM2+ in AM2 Board

It means that the HyperTransport link (the bus which connects the CPU to the rest of the system) will not be as fast as possible. I don't think it will bring a performance degradation on a desktop system though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am2-in-am2-board.108620/
Relevancy 30.53%

okay for a while now i screwed my computer over and i burns it lol so i was useing my laptop ( i gave to my dad ) until i get a new comp. i hate typeing on the lap top key boards because i keep hiting the mouse my mistake and it jumps lines ( built in mouse ) and so i connected a USB kep board to it, now that when i un-plug the USB key board the original key board is F***ed like when i hit p its puts a - and its realy anoying and my dads going to be realy mad, can you help me fix it?

Relevancy 30.53%

I hope you kind folks can help me with a keylogger that I ve picked up a few days ago and haven t been able to get rid of I have a log here from hijackthis that I think points out the problem But I have no idea how to get rid of it Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Norton Internet New need I and this help some to board Security Engine ccSvcHst exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer New to this board and I need some help hpsysdrv exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeC Program Files x hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x PictureMover Bin PictureMover exeC Program Files x Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http netscape aol com R - HKLM New to this board and I need some help Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPDSK R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HP Remote Solution ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Remote Solution HP Remote Solution exeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder quot C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup Activation NobuActivation exe quot UNATTENDEDO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run TrojanScanner C Program Files x Trojan Remover Trjscan exe bootO - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam Steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run tcactive C Program Files x The Cleaner tcap exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmi... Read more

A:New to this board and I need some help

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305174/new-to-this-board-and-i-need-some-help/
Relevancy 30.53%

This may not be the right place to post this but its close enough.

I need microphone help.

For the past few months my microphone just hasn't been working online! I have no clue why and nobody seems to be able to help me.

Its not because its muted or anything like that. We had a mic and it used to work but one day it just didn't work anymore so I bought a new one and that doesn't work online either.

It works fine with sound recorder, and with any voice test things for any applications, but whenever I enter an online game to use it, it seems to just shut off and disappear completely. It works while msn is running but whenever I click "start an audio conversation" it shuts off.

I am starting to get very agrivated so if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

-Flea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perhaps-not-the-right-board.178195/
Relevancy 30.53%

What's up everybody??? Its good to be part of the Board!

Well...to start I have had this problem for over a week now and Im really losing hope...

Here are the facts:

1. I have NO sound from speakers, NO drag and Drop, UNABLE to paste from a copy...so I cant get all my important files OFF my computer to reformat...

2. IE doesn't open as well as Norton Antivirus, Or System Restore or System Installer, AVG wont launch due to installer problem...

3. Ran Regedit to erase some files...but cant run SR.INF or anything since I dont have service pack 2 disc on me right now...

4. Spybot scans for a while then reboots my computer...

5. I've used everything from Avira to Spybot, Hijack This to Spyware Terminator, AVG...etc...with Avira mainly doing the most good in identifying files...

So if there is ANYONE out there who can help...I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Relevancy 30.53%

i built a computer with good specs... im very desprite so i cant type them up but it cost me over 3,000 dollars

its a athlon 3200XP+
asus motherboard
2 GB low latency corsair ram
500psu power supply
you know, all that good stuff

last night i was experminting with overclocking.. i did some voltage settings and it ran very fast, extreamly fast i liked it. well i got greedy and increaced some settings even higher and now IT ISNT BOOTING UP!!!! i cleared the cmos and everything i can think of.. im panicing out of my mind because
IM IN SO MUCH TOUBLE THIS ISNT MY COMPUTER!!

i tried different processors and ram
did i ruin the motherboard!!

any advice at all is helpfull!!!!

Relevancy 30.53%

i just changed the board in my pc it is a asus cusl2 when it goes to start xp fires up fo r second and shuts down wondering how much ram is needed to run xp

A:new board

how much ram have you - I have seen it run on 128Mb - certainly a lot of machines with 256Mb where sold

have you made sure the cooling is correct and put any heatsink compound between the fan & CPU - could it be over temperature and shutting down ?

did you put the FAN on the correct way round - some CPUs had a small slot/ridge along oneside and you had to get the CPU Fan assembly the correct way around to nake good contact

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-board.787411/
Relevancy 30.53%

I bought a X 260 yesterday and now find when I type @ it actually types " and vice versa .Can some one help me to correct this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Key-Board-on-X-260/td-p/3377902
Relevancy 30.53%

I need help in locating drivers for a 648 MAX MSI motherboard, and I also need help in locating drivers for the network card also. Its ethernet

any help would be appreciated, I have XP-home edition installed on the computer

A:648 Max MSI board

I guess this is your board.
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=648_Max-L&class=mb

You have a sis chipset, so you look for sis, xp, drivers for whatever device you want.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1

I think the top driver here is for your lan.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=2&CHIP=2&COM=16

I think the top one here is agp.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driver/dvr/spt_dvr_list.php?part=1&kind=1&CHIP=1&COM=3

Or you can get drivers from sis.
http://www.sis.com/download/
Look that it's compatible with your motherboards chipset before you dl, it says your chipset on the link to your motherboard above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/648-max-msi-board.29435/
Relevancy 30.53%

Having problem with my key board. I can't seem to get the letter B or N to work. any suggestions? I changed key boards which didn't help an run all scans and did system restore. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board.880563/
Relevancy 30.53%

Good day everyone I am working a machine laptop Bug on Board that the ie stopped opening Owner was not using any anti-virus or anti-spyware software AFter working on machine I have found that ie won t open at all Spybot S amp D won t install AVG won t update and Ad-Aware won t update I installed firefox from external hard drive which works just fine I have done online scans HouseCall and scanned with AVG outdated and Ad-Aware outdated all of which found items and cleaned them up Still with same issue Went online and ran hi-jack this and removed several more items to no avail Installed webroot anti-spyware which says there is a trojan among other cookies but won t tell me where it is or clean it w o forking over I am not Bug on Board sure that I believe webroot The hijack this log follows Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Bug on Board winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity Bug on Board WRConsumerService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO Ask com Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Ask com Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS quot rundll quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run dlccmon exe quot C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe quot O - HKLM Run lxcrmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run LXCRCATS quot rundll quot C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCRtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run tsnpstd quot C WINDOWS tsnpstd exe quot O - HKLM Run snpstd quot C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck quot C WINDOWS system dumprep quot -k O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD quot C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe O - Global Startup KODAK Software Updater lnk C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmback... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bug-on-board.812783/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm probably looking right at it & can't see it. I usually see it at the top of other forums. I see 'forum rules' right away but not a list of 'how to's' which is what I need.
Thanks.

A:Where is board help

What help do you need with the forum?

Post it here.

Or look in the Tutorials.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230624-where-board-help.html
Relevancy 30.53%

HI i was wondering if i could change the pc board in my laptop to an hp 688277-501 pc board.

A:need new pc board

Yes you could. Here is the Manual: Manual See p. 16. This would upgrade you from the E-300 processor to an E2-1800 which is a slight upgrade but still an upgrade. All other parts will be transferrable...memory heatsink wi-fi card etc.  If you need any more help post back If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-new-pc-board/td-p/5641079
Relevancy 30.53%

eTrust anti-virus from CA inc is offering for FREE their ezArmor suite. ($49.95 value). Free updates for 1 year. This, IMHO, is a very good A/V and firewall program. Go HERE This is a CA and Microsoft offer. After 1 year, you pay only the renewal fee.

A:To all on the Board

Emtronics,

Thanks for this and all the good tips you give all year round.

Season Greeting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/to-all-on-the-board.185451/
Relevancy 30.53%

Epox 8K7A, refurbished or at least returned once, installed
in comp II and seems fine except for one thing. I can't get
it to read bootdisk from A. A drive is okay, so says screen.
Bios is navigable. Did I get a bad board?? Can anything
be done? Anyone ever seen this particular problem. Is Epox
a name to stick with or are they known for bad boards, i.e.
pcchips??

Not real pleased,
Eric

A:Bad Board??

Hi there,

Noooo, don't get rid of the Epox board. I have an Epox CU133A+ and it's fantastic and has been running brilliantly for over a year.

I had a similair problem once though. Tell me, is it just a boot disk it wont read or is it all floppies? Does it automatically ask if you'd like to format the disk?

If so, it sounds more like a processor fault unfortunately.

Also, I know this is a stupid question, but on boot up have you set your BIOS to try to boot from A: ? If not, do this or try boot from A only.

Write back and tell me your findings.

Thanks,

Peaker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-board.82371/
Relevancy 30.53%

Could someone plese tell me how to input the power signs in algebra (windows 7). 3 to the power of 4

A:key board uses

Use the karot key (Shift - 6): ^. ex: 3^4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-uses.958313/
Relevancy 30.53%

hello i have recently upgraded my ram on my dfi lanparty 790fx dark mobo it has an amd 9550 phenom quad core processor 2.2ghz the ram i just put in it is dominator 1066 dual channel 2 gig sticks and after doing the computer now reads processor as 1.6ghz and me nor my room mate can figure out what the problem is so if anyone can please help

A:Not too sure if this is the right board but...

Did you chk the multiplier in bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-too-sure-if-this-is-the-right-board-but.114564/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all.
First post here and it a question....my pc is over 4 yrs old running at 755mghz.
I know ****all about motherboards and cpu`s so do you think i should get a new board and bigger cpu or should i just get the bigger cpu???
Thanks in advance.

A:My Mo Board

Well there are a few things to consider while making this decision. First off, if you are fine with the performance of your current computer, then I don't see a need to update it and spend the money. But if you are looking for something a little faster or newer, then I would definately look into updating.
If you are interested in updating it, we will need more information on what type of motherboard you have, to see how fast of a processor it can take. But if it is 4 years old I am thinking you might need to get a new motherboard and CPU.
Post back with your system specs, or fill them out in your proflie

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mo-board.12459/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys! How can i identify the proper driver for my driver on my onboard agp vid accelerator... I recently formatted my computer and forgot to get the details of my driver.. now im having problems with my vid adpater... help please

A:On board AGP Vid RAM

Try PC Wizard - linked below on my sig. I don't know if it'll work on a driverless board. Also, you can look at your motherboard, locate the model number - look it up with google.com

its either Intel, Nvidia, ATI/AMD, VIA or SIS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-agp-vid-ram.685178/
Relevancy 30.53%

Looks like the 754 is an extinct species. But I still have a couple of working cpu for 754, and ddr400, and agp cards....so anybody know a source other than evil bay?

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have 2 keys on my keyboard that don't respond when hit. They are the letter B & N. Any ideas on whats causing this? Tried using different key board
with same results

A:key board

try a system restore to a previous date when it was working fine...you may have added or removed software recently that corrupted your keyboard driver did you say you tried a USB keyboard too and it did not work or vice versa if your original keyboard is a USB keyboard,,,then did you try a PS2 Keyboard and it did not work either...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-452712.html
Relevancy 30.53%

To start things off I would like to say hello to everyone on the board. My question that I ask of you is how can I get my print screen to work. I was just wondering if anyone knew any programs to get screen captures or shots while watching DVD of Windows Media Player. Now I tried to hit the print screen button and pass it to paint but it acts as if isn’t anything there and gives me a black image where the DVD or media player was playing. I also down loaded the free print screen deluxe from download.com and it still didn't work. My last computer ran 98 and it worked fine, now that I have XP it wants to act stupid. Could you guys help me out if you can, it would be a big help.

Relevancy 30.53%

Is ti possible to use 5V power from molex to power up my on-board USB because i think there is something wrong with the power.I checked the cable connection couple of times and still the same message "Usb device has malfunction" when I connect device like my joystick to another USB it works fine.

A:On-board USB q?

You can try.. There is a good chance of smoke emerging though

You should start with making sure it's not a Windows/driver issue. Use a Linux CD and a USB mouse to test.

Connecting a stub usb cable and measuring the voltages coming out of the port is another thing you should do before going and breaking anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-usb-q.41033/
Relevancy 30.53%

HI I HAVE JUST INSTALED A VERSION OF WINDOWS XP HOME ON A FRIENDS
LAPTOP AMILO L7300 WE HAVE A PROBLEM THAT WHEN WE ARE TYPING IT GIVE SOME WRONG CHRATERISTICS TRIED THE NUMBER LOCK AND THE FN KEY STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-461965.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

Relevancy 30.53%

my board is an ecs l7vmm3, can any one help me if i can put an 512mb ddr400 memory into it? im currently using 2x256mb ddr333. i just couldn't found info on their site regarding that matter. thanks

A:help ddr on my ecs board

Go here and do a scan: http://www.crucial.com/
Crucial says VMM2 supports DDR400, but they don't have VMM3 on the list, I don't know if it finds info for that board with the automatic scan...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ddr-on-my-ecs-board.775788/
Relevancy 30.53%

Is a 4x, do I have to get a 4x card or will a 4x8x card work?

A:My board

if the card works in both 4x and 8x mode then a 4x slot should work fine. There may be a performance decrease running the card interface at half speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-board.44569/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a compaq computer that stopped booting up about six months ago after i ran the restore disks. When I took it to a shop to be checked he found that by moving the RAM card to the empty slot worked and the computer did fine but he warned he didnt know if it would stay that way.
My daughter had to run the disks again and now its doing the same thing. I was told that the problem seemed to be in the mother board. My question is ... can i take the Ram card out of that computer and put it in my IBM compatible to increase its memory ... or will there be stuff from the other computer stored on that so that i cant use it in another computer?
HELP HELP

A:RAM Board

turtle523
RAM (Random Access Memory) only stores information temporarily
while the computer it is installed in is running. When a computer is properly shut down one of the functions of shutdown is to write information from the vcache to your hard drive.
So no usable information is stored on the RAM card.
Swapping RAM cards from one PC to another is not recommended since there are many different configurations of RAM and RAM cards and the card you pulled from the down unit may not be compatible with your other PC. Before you attempt such a swap you should do more investigation on what type of card was in the Compaq and what type is used in the other PC. Motherboards can be very fussy.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-board.55788/
Relevancy 30.53%

Just got my hands on a Rampage III and have to say it looks twice as nice in person. However there is one issue, this being the number of usb headers on the mainboard. Whilst I had read somewhere that it was lacking in this area, I didn't expect to get a threefold decrease in them! This means I will have to ditch two usb's on the front panel and my card reader. I feel this is a bit unforgivable on a board so expensive. I thought I might return it as it's unused and get another but trouble is almost all the top boards don't have the three that I need with most only having two (including the big bang xpower).

Could anyone suggest a top board with 3?

A:Top X58 board...

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard

This is a hard call, because I am an ASUS fan. But I think you will love this board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130334-top-x58-board.html
Relevancy 30.53%

when typing on my key board certain keys produce a diffrent symbol from the one on the key .is there a diffrent setting or somthing i can change to coorect this.
cheers

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello everyone st in here My ECS K S A mobo gave me lots of problems months board MSI, from TO main help! ECS New after I bought the base unit i can t return the base unit to the company I bought it from as the company went bust however I have bought a New main board from ECS TO MSI, help! new motherboard an MSI KTA MS- to be precise The CPU which is on the K S A is an New main board from ECS TO MSI, help! AMDXP the ram is pin pc DDR Ge force MX HDD is barracuda g with CD writer and DVD New main board from ECS TO MSI, help! drive and floppy What I want to know if anyone will be so kind enough to help me is will all the components out of the K S A go right into the MSI KT I am mainly bothered what I need to do to fit the CPU properly as I have looked on the MSI web site and the other stuff quot should quot go in ok Any help will be gratefully excpeted Liza and thanks nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I have a Chaintech JKD board here and I have the manual but the manual is no help as there is no diagram of the USB pins at all in the manual I have also searched the internet Google and I can t come up with the right on-board help USB pin-out identification Need with search terms to give me the help I need This Chaintech board has an on-board USB terminal with the following arrangement The above digits do not appear on the board Need help with on-board USB pin-out identification I put them there for clarity in communication As you Need help with on-board USB pin-out identification can see Row has four pins and row two has pins A pin does not exist at position My experience in the past with other boards is that the odd pin in the arrangement isn t used So pins through would be used and pins through would be used with pin being unused I also have Need help with on-board USB pin-out identification a case here with two built-in front USB ports Each front port has four wires coming from it The wires are marked as follows VCC DATA - DATD GND I need help identifying the pins on the board so I can properly connect the USB ports on the front of the case nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

I have read most threads in here regarding TV software and drivers etc not does Board use MCE TV Tuner Still I could MCE does not use TV Tuner Board not find MCE does not use TV Tuner Board an answer to my issue neither a logical explanation of what is wrong with the MCE I have an old but really robust Pinnacle PCTV Pro TV board with the Connexant BT video decoder chip that works perfectly on WinXP sp I got new rig with gb of RAM so I need to forget about bit os if I want to utilize the complete RAM I got preview copies of Vista both bit and bit and got stuck in the following situation Vista bit-No drivers at all for the board so if I want to use the whole ram I have to say bye to the tuner Vista bit - after setup Windows Update has found drivers for the tuner and it has been correctly installed Indeed I was supprised because Pinnacle Systems says quot End of life product - No support quot still Vista bit found the driver FlyTV software and K tv utilize the tuner perfectly I would say the KTV is better However the MCE says No tuner connected please check bla bla What is worse - I have only the gigs of ram recognized Do you have any idea why the MCE does not recognize the driver that has been written by Microsoft and cannot utilize the device Should I stick to the bit and forget about the archaich tv tuner Does it make any sense to run bit windows vista when I can still run bit XP with the same success and have no problems with the tuner Will be glad to see any comment My new rig CPU Intel Core Duo E MB Gigabyte GA-P -DS v Video Gainward GF GT GLH DDR ram RAM Kingmax Dual channel DDR - - Gb HDD Seagate SATA gb TV Tuner board Pinnacle PCTV Pro with Conexant BT decoder

A:MCE does not use TV Tuner Board

I havent tried Vista's Media Center but if i recall there were only a select few Tv Tuners that worked with the Windows Xp Media Center edition.
Maybe the Vista Media Center does not work with your Tv Tuner.Check with Microsoft for a list of Compatible Tv Tuners.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/116677-mce-does-not-use-tv-tuner-board.html
Relevancy 30.1%

finally upgraded and bought new components
AMD 3000
MSI K8N SLI Premium
Kingston DDR 400 512 Hynix Dt-43 X2
MSI 6600GT PCI-E
ACBEL 450W PSU

it restarts whenever it should be starting windows. any idea why??

reusing my old hardisks, onboard audio.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,
I recently had a new motherboard fitted in my PC and the bloke who fitted it told me "it has on board graphics so you don't need a separate graphics card - you can assign memory from your RAM to use for graphics".
Foolishly I didn't bother to ask him how and its currently a measly 32MB (and I have almost 500MB of DDR RAM to use).

So does anyone here know how I assign more memory to the onboard graphics?

Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

Just got a used AMD64 3200 and a B-stock(claimed to be working) MSI Neo FIS2R. Put it together with 512MB DDR3200 ram and a Radeon 9800 pro. pressed the on button and nothing. No screen, no beeps, no IDE activity, not even the GFX card fan was turning. Just the CPU fan and the PSU fan and the light on the HD was on. Does this sound like a motherboard problem or a CPU problem?
Cheers
Ben.

A:Dead Board or Cpu?

no post?

first thing video Radeon 9800 pro has no post issues with some power supplys
don't know much bout the board can it handle the speed of the DDR

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dead-board-or-cpu.17516/
Relevancy 30.1%

i cant copy and paste at times

its a abit baord
i think its crap

the words will get all jumbled and ill have to close file without savibg changes and start over and there a line at top of screen at times if it locks up like half inch of lines or something

i couldnt even put on win95 i had to use win 98

whats a board i can do that with use 95 and use a 5 1/4 floppy as well?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-the-hardrive-or-board.422636/
Relevancy 30.1%

Just notice I don't have a Clip Board. I downloaded Speccy and I want to copy ram specs to clip board so I can print them. I don't want to copy all the information, just ram specs. I right click, (select all) right click (copy to clip board) that I don't have. I check search this site and didn't find what I needed or missed it.
Thanks.

A:I don't have Clip Board

Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear

Just notice I don't have a Clip Board. I downloaded Speccy and I want to copy ram specs to clip board so I can print them. I don't want to copy all the information, just ram specs. I right click, (select all) right click (copy to clip board) that I don't have. I check search this site and didn't find what I needed or missed it.
Thanks.

Did you receive an error message? Have you looked for it in c:\windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110156-i-dont-have-clip-board.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay guys I have another question here
I will be buying a new motherboard ... buyer told me it is called [ ASUS 945 ] so will I be able to connect 2 HDDs I got ? first is a 160 GB SATA and the other is a 80 GB IDE ... ??
thx in advance

A:IDE + SATA on same board

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic77996.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-sata-on-same-board.78223/
Relevancy 30.1%

I need some help finding out how to change RAM timings in BIOS and adjust memory frequency. The board auto detected the RAM at 5-5-5-18 2T at 1.8v, yet i want to run it at the Corsair specs of 4-4-4-12 2T at 2.1v. I looked around the BIOS but can't find RAM timings adjust option. Furthermore, i think the RAM is running at 400Mhz, not 800 like its supposed to. CPUZ shows each stick at 400Mhz, how do i run it at 800? By the way i have 2 GB of Corsair DDR2-800 Cas4 RAM in dual channel.

A:Can anyone here help me with a GA-M59SLI-S5 board?

The motherboards manual should help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-here-help-me-with-a-ga-m59sli-s5-board.78842/
Relevancy 30.1%

Maxtor 250G
PATA 133
6L25ORO

A one pin broken and a burnt transistor!!! Needless to say more...

Would like to change board!!

Thanks in advance

A:control board

GROMINNETTO said:

Maxtor 250G
PATA 133
6L25ORO

A one pin broken and a burnt transistor!!! Needless to say more...

Would like to change board!!

Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

Erm what is you question you have posted a statement

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-board.890488/
Relevancy 30.1%

Alright, I'm making a projector out of an lcd monitor, an overhead projector and some tape and a computer fan. But, I need to know if I need the inverter board and if I need the switch on the lcd frame. I have a Compaq fp7137 monitor and the backlight doesn't like to stay on. So do I need those two parts? Thanks.

A:what does an inverter board do?

The inverter basically gives the backlight power to light up if you don't need light on the backlight then you won't need it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-does-an-inverter-board-do.507985/
Relevancy 30.1%

I was looking at this motherboard but I couldn't find any details related to telling me that its gaming. It is a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9-RH. Will it do the job for gaming if it is? If it is not which board could I get for under $130 Canadian that will do really good for gaming. I am just looking for a Mirco ATX with 3 PCI slots and obviously a PCI-E slot. Thank you.

A:Is this board for gaming?

It depends what processor you're using. What are you using? Tell me that and then I'll find you a sweet board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-board-for-gaming.510083/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey,
How can i tell if my motherboard is PCI-e x16. I know its PCI-e but no idea what the x16 is or where i can find out. Its a Gigabyte GA-81915PMD and im looking to buy a geforce 8600 GT video card, will this be compatable?
All help apreciated.

A:How can i tell if my mother board is...

bahh, no english sites with that motherboard for some reason...

Actually, can't find any information about that board at all, you sure you copied it right?

You can always open up the case, and see if there's physically a PCIe x16 slot there or not. Some pics of the PCIex16 and how to differentiate it and the AGPx8 slot here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-mother-board-is.78452/
Relevancy 30.1%

The letter l (L) appears on its one and all the time. However if I select L it does not work.Also the mouse pad is not always working. I can hear the binging sound in the background and sometimes it just goes back to the log in page.My laptop went mental, how can this be fixed?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/key-board-error/td-p/5634973
Relevancy 30.1%

need help turnning off my motherboards on board graphics. My motherboard is a ECS GF7050VT-M Nvidia MCP73V.

A:on board graphics

disable display adapter in device manager

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/167965-board-graphics.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Here are my specs:
Mobo = MSI model# MS-7253
Processor = AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ (Black Edition)
RAM = 2gb (667mhz)
Video Card = 8500gt
PSU = 450watt

I got the 5000+ black edition because I keep reading where I could get it to 3.0ghz. The first PC I built was easy to overclock, but I don't have any options in my BIOS on this mobo. Can I not overclock this board or what can i do?
Thanks in advance!

Nevermind I found it

A:Anyway to Overclock this board?

looks like you can't change the multiplier with the bios (got that from a german site) . Maybe a bios update will change that but not sure. What did you end up finding out for future reference?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyway-to-overclock-this-board.98168/
Relevancy 30.1%

I can start typing and then out of the blue what ever I type does not show up on the monitor. This is stop & go. Sometimes if I take a break and go back to it Its fine. Any Ideas. Thanks

A:Key board not responding

Hi....if its USB keyboard then check with connections and it is recommended to connect the USB at back of the computer .........

If it is Keyboard with normal port then ...it may be the issue with the keys .....if it is more than one year then just replace the keyboard with a new one.....sometimes it happens with old keyboards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/key-board-not-responding.91798/
Relevancy 30.1%

Any ideas out there on board Hijackers to get rid of this Hijackers on board nasty little guy that has jumped on board to give me problems here is the hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP Hijackers on board SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app Prism exe c program files comcast security manager app CurtainsSysSvcNt exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spdr exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Roxio DVDMax Player PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C WINDOWS system sys exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings US My Documents hijack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http to FED amp from start new amp type start page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe C WINDOWS system spdr exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system AUserInit exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings US Application Data Mozilla Profiles default i y by slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO AuthBHO cBHO - A D - CB - - C -A AB D A D - C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app AuthBHO dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Security Manager Popup Blocker - -B EA- B - B - D C - C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app AuthBHO dll O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechGalleryRepair C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechImageStudioTray C Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl C Program Files Roxio Roxio DVDMa... Read more

A:Hijackers on board

What scans have you done ? i.e. Spybot , Adaware ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijackers-on-board.379437/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a Dell Optiplex, GX280 I think. The machine seems to bootup fine. Monitor works great. However, there is no video showing on monitor. This machine was resently refurbished by pro's. So I am sure the onboard video is working.
I need to know if there is a "Video pinset"? If so, where is it located on the board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxconn-ls-36-board.885109/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a ASUS P4P800-E deluxe board and all the sudden my screen just stopped working so i figured my graphics card was shot so i bought a brand new EVGA GeForce 6200 256mb agp card and i was told it was compatible with the board but when i try to turn on the computer the monitor tells me "going into sleep mode" i dont know if its the card or the board thats not right or something else ive tried 3 different monitors and i get the same message with everyone so i know its not the monitor itself

Relevancy 30.1%

first of i have to say i love dis forum. anyway my problem is i want to know if my mother board has an onboard graphics card and how do i disable it?

A:on board graphics

Look in Device Manager.
Why do you want to disable it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/109898-board-graphics.html
Relevancy 30.1%

well don't now if anybody can help but ill give it a go.
bought packard bell 5077 (imedia) last year for my wife working ok very good spec, but was getting board of the case (tower) so bought new case & swopped everything over ok all works fine apart from have no idea how to wire up the the top usb2 ports, yes it had them before but were all multi block conections now its loads of single wires HELP HELP. the only thing i can get from the net is the mother board is a columbia4?????? but cant get the full wiring diagram. any help would be nice CHEERS..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-usb-set-up.226807/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, i need to know how much RAM my mother board can take, it has 2 slots.. but i was thinkking i would get 2 x 1 GB stickas of ram.. i was wondering if it would take that much..

Info:

A:My mother board..

http://www.atozincomputer.com/catalog/gigabyte_k8vm800___amd_athlon_64_motherboard_and_cpu_combo_4467394.htm said:

MEMORY
Supports up to 2 GB DDR 400/333/266 Modules via (2) 184-pin DIMM slots.Click to expand...

I think thats your mobo there.. just double check by going to the link i gave..
Make sure you have matched pairs of ram to ensure max compatibility..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mother-board.58866/
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm trying to do a little research here. It was recommended to replace my emachine T2825 motherboard with this: PC CHIPS M848A SOCKET A 462 SiS 746FX ATX AMD. My current CPU is AMD ATHLON XP 2800+. I believe I can upgrade to the AMD XP 3200+. Is this correct? Also I see this CPU listed in various sites as AMD ATHLON 64 3200+. Are these two the same? Would I see much of the difference going from the 2800+ to the 3200+?

Thanks

A:Which processor is best for this board?

They are not the same at all. Athlon XP and Athlon 64 are two totally different architectures. Athlon XP uses Socket A (Socket 462), while Athlon 64 uses Sockets 754, 939, 940 (very rarely), and AM2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-processor-is-best-for-this-board.75436/
Relevancy 30.1%

i have a dell dem 8100 and it has a planar mobo it is a 5e692 i need to know if it is an atx or what it is i am going to buy a new case and need to know please help me out i am new to this stuff

A:need help with my mother board

It should be an ATX form factor. I have an 8300 and it's a standard ATX mobo. The only thing you need to be careful of is that there isn't anything proprietary like the front panel connections or power supply connections. Sometimes they use things that are not standard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-my-mother-board.58717/
Relevancy 30.1%

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on where to get parts to fix/replace a mother board for not too much money? I was informed yesterday that my mother board was shot on my year old gateway laptop. My husband is pretty good with computers and has built our desktops that we've had but he's currently deployed so I have to wait until he returns to fix or attempt to fix my laptop. I live in CT but am more than willing to order parts online. Thank you.

Relevancy 30.1%

will a p2b board fit in a mid-tower?
i have to replace my tower (i believe is a full tower, the cage is nose to nose with the board however)
and need to know if i can use a mid tower?

A:will a p2b board fit in a mid-tower?

p2b board?? Motherboards are described by form form factor. IE... AT, ATX, Baby At, Micro At. I am not sure what p2b means. Do you know what brand and model the motherboard is?

Let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-p2b-board-fit-in-a-mid-tower.114622/