Windows Support Forum

Uninstalling Arabic options in Word 2000

Q: Uninstalling Arabic options in Word 2000

I have a user working on Word 2000 in Windows 98SE.

Her Word seems to have arabic options installed. These screw up her bullets and other symbols, as well as her dictionary and auto-correction. I don't know how the arabic stuff got there and she doesn't need them.

I haven't found any way to uninstall this option. I've looked in the menus and I've tried unistalling and reinstalling Word (but not Office), but it didn't work.

Does anyone have an idea for how I can get rid of this without reinstalling Office completely?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Uninstalling Arabic options in Word 2000

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Uninstalling Arabic options in Word 2000

Hi, Albator99. Have you tried Start > Programs > Microsoft Office Tools > Language Settings?
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,

I'm back here after really long. Looking to build a new machine with a budget of approximately $2000. Here's what I've figured:

1. AMD FX 8350 Black Edition - $179.99
2. ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX - $219.99
3. MSI R9 290X Lightning - $399.99
4. EVGA Supernova 850G2 - $144.99
5. Crucial MX100 512GB - $209.99
6. G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - $139.99
7. Fractal Design Define R5 (Window) - $119.99
8. Zowie FK1 - $59.99
9. Overlord Tempest X270OC - $449.99

TOTAL - $1924.91

This currently excludes the keyboard, which I need suggestions for. Any thoughts on how these look? I'm open to ideas.

A:Gaming Rig For $2000

My suggestions: Save some money by making a few changes. You will still get excellent performance and still be able to overclock (if that is what you want to do), while saving money for some other parts.

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 - $174.99
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB - $119.99
Storage (Hard Drives): Crucial MX100 256GB (SSD) - $109.99 (for Operating System and a few programs/games you run often) *And Also* Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB - $54.99 (for Storage and programs that do not require the SSD speed)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold (Full Modular) - $124.99 (You will still have plenty of power left for overclocking)
Aftermarket Cooler for CPU: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $34.99 (The stock cpu fan is not that good, get an aftermarket one for better cooling)

This will put you around $1830 which will leave you plenty to for a keyboard of your choice.
Have you thought of going Intel? Going to Intel would help with "Future Proofing" your PC.
Relevancy 26.23%

So here is the deal I 27-inch monitor 2560x1440 (limited options) am in search of 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) a -inch monitor with a x resolution so I can use it with my early -inch retina MacBook Pro and also with other laptops such as my girlfriend s Asus VivoBook and any other 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) laptop that I decide to buy I have alrady discarded a x model as I learned that my retina MacBook Pro will not support such a high resolution on an external screen I do not use it for heavy photo or video editing or anything It is basically web browsing and productivity office applications First an explanation The fact is that I live in Brazil and offers of p monitors here are very limited I cannot just order a monitor from the US or from other country such as Korea because the huge taxes charged by the government will make it just not worth it I have made the calculations Even a very cheap US monitor will end up costing about US when it arrives in my home due to the magic of Brazilian taxes And a US monitor may end up costing almost US And that is only after the Brazilian customs office decides to release the product which may take a few months Perhaps you have heard of some guy who sends products to Brazil at no additional cost and that really exists It is calling smuggling and people may get caught doing that and I am not ordering a monitor through a smuggler to save a few bucks No workarounds here So the option of not buying in Brazil is pretty much non-existant so that is why I am stuck with the limited choices and therefore I am asking for your help here So the choices are pretty much limited The Apple Thunderbolt Display costs about US here and I will not buy it apart from the price also because it will not work with laptops which do not support Thunderbolt The following monitors are available here for a reasonable or at least payable price and not all of them are readily available Philips P QPJKEB US Dell UltraSharp U HM US weeks to be delivered Samsung SyncMaster S A US LG EA R US sold out for now Basically these are the only options I have The Dell is the cheapest one to buy in the credit card but it will take something like a month to arrive or maybe even more The LG model one is sold out for now but it comes and goes all the time so I might end up finding one The Samsung and the Philips models are ready for shipment and will be delivered in about a week or so As I understand the LG and the Dell models use the same IPS panel as the Apple Thunderbolt Display The panel is made by LG and is has a nit brightness The Samsung and the Philips on the other hand both share the same PLS panel made by Samsung and they sport a nit brightness PLS is supposed to be Samsung s answer to IPS I would like to know which of these monitors is better and would be more recommended First which panel is the best Second which monitor is the best and most polished Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 23.22%

First time posting here obviously So I m looking for order too busy lazy to put one together myself a new PC to update my current junk pile Was thinking about $2000 budget $1500 PC, New to using CyberPowerPC but am unsure about them for various reasons bad reviews previous issue with online bought pcs myself Figured I would ask on a forum or two about them and a build I slapped together Any insight criticism welcome CASE NZXT Source w USB -port New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget fan hub Side-Panel Window CD LG X Internal Blu-ray Drive amp DVDRW D Playback Combo Drive BLACK COLOR COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel Core i - K Quad-Core GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CS FAN Maximum MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case FAN Corsair Hydro Series H High Performance Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance MM Fan HDD TB TBx SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Quad Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X -UP ATX w Ultra Durable GblAN GEn PCIe x PCIe x PCI POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CSM Series CS M Plus Gold Certified Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR Year Labor Year Parts LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX GB GDDR X PCIe Video Card - EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling nbsp

A:New PC, $1500 to $2000 budget

How much does this cost, what is your budget and what do you plan on using the PC for?
Relevancy 26.23%

So I recently did a system overhaul moving from Asus M4N78 to the Hero VI. One thing that I have noticed (other then all the other goodies) that the bass options are not so great. Is there any way to turn them up more? I remember having an option in Windows where I could adjust the DB but unfortunately the BASS adjustment tab is no there.

Any ideas or suggestions? This really renders my headphones useless :3

Thanks in Advance

A:Weak bass options from SupremeFX (Asus Hero VI)

Try using the options in the Realtek app
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a eMachines EL1210-09 and I was wondering what CPU upgrades are available for it. I do not have very much info. about the computer itself. If you could give me a few options that would be great! Also I am a new member so please for give my mistake as I am still trying to figure everything out. Thanks

A:eMachines EL1210-09 CPU upgrade options

Following are the specifications for the eMachines® EL1210 desktop series.

eMachines EL1210-09 Desktop PC Athlon LE-1620(2.4GHz) 2GB DDR2 160GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Windows Vista Home Premium

Socket AM2 Energy Efficient / 65nm SOI _ LE-1620 _ 2.4GHz _ 1MB _ 45W

AMD® Athlon? X2 processor (45 W max)
AMD Athlon processor
AMD Sempron? processorClick to expand...

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the tech to suggest a CPU.
All I can tell you is that the AM2 socket was used in that model.
I wish you luck in your search.
Relevancy 26.66%

I just bought an HP ENVY h8-1418 Desktop.

I would like to know the best Low Profile graphics card to replace the integrated HD graphics that came with unit. Some important specs listed might help you give me some options I hope:

1 PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0 for i5 and i7 Ivy Bridge processors, all others Gen 2.0)

Processor: Intel Core i5 3330

TDP: 77W
Operating speed: Up to 3.0 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz turbo)
Number of cores: 4
Socket: LGA 1155
Bus speed: DMI (Direct Media Interface) - 5.0 GT/s
Memory - 8GB

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics (DX11)

Power Supply
Internal 460W (100V-240V)

A:Low profile graphics card options

What is your budget? Also why do you need a low profile card?
Relevancy 21.5%

Guys, a netbook with this config
pro:Intel atom 1.46ghz
Ram:1 gb ddr3
can run ms office 2007 or10 or13 easily without hanging up in middle of work and BIG PDF files also.For example netbook here is one:

A:Can a netbook run MS Word 2007-13 easily?

You would need to define exactly what you mean by big files.

I would say yes as Office 2010 is installed on one of our Netbooks, but that really depend on just how big a file you are referring to.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi there,

Good to be back in the realm of Techspot..

I've run into a situation with a Macbook Pro HD.

The drive had shown signs of failing and finally I got the "Pinwheel of Death".

I booted to an OSX disk and repaired it, and was able to log in okay once or twice.

The computer continued to freeze and I had no luck backing up the 15,000 images for my client.

I pulled the drive and plugged it in to another Mac with a SATA to USB adapter. The drive shows up in disk utility, I can copy a few small files over, but it quickly fails within 1 minutes of it spinning up.

So, what is there to be done with a 'failing' hard drive? Any software/tricks to stabilize it long enough to get the files that I need? (Spending $500 for mechanical repairs is currently not an option?)

Thank You for insight.

A:'Failing' hard drive -- what are my options?

Don't think you have many options unfortunately. There is a decent possibility as it heats up it fails, so if it is really dry where you live you may be able to find a way to put an ice pack on the drive to keep it cool. I'd get the drive cooled down with an ice pack or a fridge/freezer and then hook it up and keep an ice pack on it while copying the files over.

I would avoid doing this if there is enough humidity that you will run into a condensation issue. Currently there is 32% RH in my room and fighting static is much more of a problem than condensation on a beverage. So good luck, and hopefully it is dry there.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello I am looking for a solution to the following business issue Preferably a cloud based non-hardware non-vpn solution I have data files used by some mortgage software in my office files across about meg Currently I have just shared the folder and the individual PCs accessing the options? to syncing, no network cloud drive storage, Map data just set their data location as joes-pc datafiles or something like that the data location is set in the mortgage software My main problem is that I am opening an offshore location and I need to have the remote users to also specify a networked location for the file storage I have no vpn or other hardware other than wireless routers Only a few requirements when one user has a file open if a second user tries to open the file from the mortgage software it tells the user the file is already open there is no Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options? simultaneous sharing of a file and this needs to continue I do not want to sync files from the cloud to local drives since I am guessing this would lead to all sorts of sharing issues I basically need the files to act as if they are on my local network I need the files centrally located not distributed to users desktops Secondary issue would be ensuring backups happen somehow right now I just copy the files to a external harddrive once a week but I really should at least use dropbox for this or something so it is done automatically Used carbonite in the past and it encrypted the files in such a way that they were unrecoverable Ideas nbsp

A:Map network drive to cloud storage, no syncing, options?

Some ideas:

1. Purchase a cloud server service.
2. Look at Logmein Hamachi.
3. For backups, use a batch file and set it to run on schedule via Task Scheduler.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey all. I have a realy irritating problem regarding the resolution being stuck in all games video options. I have my pc set up through HDMI to my 28" JVC TV which works fine when on desktop. I have the resolution at full hd 1080p. however in everygame I go on I cannot change the resolution to any higher then 640x480 and 720x480.
Never used to have this problem before and not sure what has happend as it never realy gets used. I tried to switch from HDMI to VGA and it still happends.

I am using windows XP 32 bit and have installed all the latest drivers on my hd5770.

Any help would be greatly apprechiated as im completely stumped at this!

A:Resolution stuck at 640x480 and 720x480 in video options

Have you tried another video card?
Relevancy 27.09%

I just picked up Costco Top of the Line pre-built DELL -R Laptop Came with I- QM Processor quad core decent cannot complain Along with -GB of DDR- MHZ RAM down side it only has what I would assume built into mother board Video card So I cannot do to much here unless Laptop options? drive I took out the motherboard altogether not going to go there to much head ache and money as the highest resolution I have is the I am not a gamer so not a huge deal really I am a speed freak through I like programs and Boot times as quick as possible So Laptop drive options? really the only Up-grade I for see to turn this machine into a whole new beast is to Dump the mechanical HD which I am sure is only a -RPM not even a - RPM not night and day difference between those two anyway MY QUESTION IS there on the market out there anywhere any type of PCI Drive or something that would plug into one of the USB inputs kind of Drive to replace the super slow RPM Drive On my last Costco Laptop I did an up-grade to the Crucial -GB SSD KIT of which specs at something like -mb to mb READ Write Times Which was fantastic way fast programs opened and closed instantly nearly along with to second full Boot times I was just wondering if there was something else out there on the horizon That is even a step above this Crucial Kit I installed AS If it is my only option I will go with it again on this system Crucial has seemed to make the transition to do this Up-grade truly the easiest for the layman as it comes with this kit a little USB Dongle and the CD software that walks one through it all and it worked perfectly flawless There maybe a couple other SSD s out there that are slightly faster not enough to truly note a difference But they do not simplify it all with a nice Kit like Crucial does with the USB Dongle and software disc Is there any Laptop PCI TYPE of super fast drive on the market or somthing else I am missing Thanks Wes nbsp

A:Laptop drive options?

I am getting Ready to pull The Trigger on a new SSD Drive for my DEll Insperion 17-R I picked up from Costco.
I got it for $ 799.00. With ( I-7 3612 QM 2.10 GHZ Processor , )
along with ( 8-GB of DDR-3 - 1333 MHZ RAM )
The only hold back now is the Mechanical 5400-RPM Hard drive. My last system I purchased I did the same up-grade only I purchased the Crucial 256-GB SSD- KIT of Which came with a Dongle with the USB to SSD Transfer Kit along with a software CD Disc, of which made it all very simple to Transfer.
MY QUESTION : Is I am looking at going with the NEW Faster OCZ VERTEX SSD Drive this time around and it looks like it just comes with the SSD Drive , NO- Transfer Dongle , not sure if Software Disc is included. SO I was just wondering how the process is done in this Case.
As far as Transferring all the Data on my Current hard drive over to the NEW OCZ SSD Drive exactly what does the process entail to do this all. Do I just plug and play. uninstall the 5400-RPM Drive and install the new SSD Drive and then what. Or is there another step required prior to doing the install. Please help? with the process. It sure was nice the way Crucial had it all set up with that transfer Kit. I still have the Kit from Crucial I used to install it on my other laptop of which I sold to my friend. Any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi i am looking into upgrading my self built desktop and i was wondering what you lot thought would be best for it My work load is mainly D modeling rendering and texturing so CPU speed and RAM are paramount to the software i use - DsMAX Cinema D Poser Pro PS CS All high end D application programs demanding a high end PC to which i built at the time with the budget i had I am in a position to better the set up now so some advice on what i could add or change to the MB would be most appreciated Here are the stats of the pc Upgrade options? at the moment Gigabyte GA-X USB MB gig OCZ Tripple channel gold RAM Intel Core i LGA Standard CPU Fan XFX Radeon Dont need to change this as programs arent reliant on GPU CoolMaster Silent Pro w May replace this if needed x TB Samsung F HDD W bit I dont want to get into a rebuild so replacing things to suite the MB is what i am looking at doing any other info as requested I attached a cpuz just incase Thanks for any info offered Lee nbsp

A:Upgrade options?

You've only really a couple of options, both of which are to change the CPU for something more powerful, or overclock your existing unit.

Might be worth seeing what sort of money you could get a hex-core i7 980x for now the newer LGA 2011 is out, but ultimately your best bet will probably just be to get a bloody good aftermarket cooler and overclock your CPU.

As for coolers, dependant on your case, the Corsair H70/H100 radiator coolers, a Noctua NH-D14 or something like a Thermaltake Silver arrow.

Another option would be some faster RAM. DDR3-1600 would be recommended, maybe go for 24GB if you're finding you're using all of it up at the moment.
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone In need of help Started up my Dell laptop and I am 1737 2000-0321 display on laptop, Error Dell Blank greeted by a blank screen though the machine goes through the motions of starting up I do not see any faint ghosting When connected to an external monitor all works fine and I have tried changing the inverter but Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321 no luck Ran a diagnostic check and receive the following Error Code Msg Error Code - Msg LCD EDID - Unable to access EDID EEPROM I also tried holding the quot D quot key and powering up The LCD flashed a series of solid color screens Red Green Blue White Black I assume that this means that the backlight is good Does it also mean that the cable is good Not sure what else to check I am guessing that it is eiter the LCD screen controller board itself or the cable Any advice I am comfortable replacing parts Prior to this everything was working fine The display had even brightness and color Would anyone be able to restore my sanity and offer some words of wisdom guidance Would be much appreciated Many Thanks nbsp

A:Blank display on Dell 1737 laptop, Error 2000-0321

Replace the LCD panel including the backlight. External monitor okay, motherboard is okay... Slight chance of a damaged LCD cable to motherboard
Relevancy 26.66%

I had you guy help me add a processor to this computer which worked and now I upgrade GPU options EL1210-09 EMachines am thinking about adding EMachines EL1210-09 GPU upgrade options a new GPU so I can play Star Wars The Old Republic According to my computer I can use SLI even thought it has a integrated GPU but I don t know much about SLI Here is some information give me some help if you can guys Thanks http www e allupgraders info dir motherboards socketam boxer wmcp m shtml http www nvidia co uk page hybrid sli desktop html http www swtor com info faq http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EDIT I have some info on my current graphics card Card name NVIDIA GeForce Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV B amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English DDI Version BGRA Supported Yes Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes nbsp

A:EMachines EL1210-09 GPU upgrade options

On an SFF system with a 220w PSU your video card options are going to be rather limited.

Here are some recommendations:
ECS NGT430C-1GQR-F GeForce GT 430 = $57 ($37 after rebate)
ASUS ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) GeForce GT 430 = $60

A Geforce 430 is about the max you can go with that PSU. Make sure that any card you get has a fan since that SFF case gets pretty hot and doesn't have great airflow so a fan less card will likely bake in there.
Relevancy 22.36%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I am currently looking at my options for motherboards I am building a mid range gaming computer that will hopefully be able to take any game on max settings I throw at it Also I am an Engineering student and I use autoCAD Civil motherboard Gaming options D I am looking Gaming motherboard options for a mid to high end motherboard that will prepare me for the near future Here s a few i ve found that seem to be popular GIGABYTE GA-Z XP-UD LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard ASRock P EXTREME GEN LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard GIGABYTE G SNIPER LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard ASRock Fatal ty FX Professional AM AMD FX SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard As for processors these seem like they are around the mid Gaming motherboard options range Gaming motherboard options AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Or any of the new AMD FX s A few other parts im possibly throwing into my build COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W COOLER MASTER HAF X MAYBE if my budget isn t too high haha ASUS X DVD Burner Video card is really up in the air there are so many options I d rather not spend on a card but I don t want to cheap out and have choppy games next year Any feedback on which combo s would work the best Also if anything is overkill or if I would need extra hardware please let me know Thanks approve nbsp

A:Gaming motherboard options

The i5 2500K is the best CPU in terms of value and perormance. A decent Z68 board with at least 2 PCI-E slots should be good to go.

AMD have disappointed with their FX lineup unless you're willing to get the top-end FX 8150.
Relevancy 27.09%

hello guys, can anybody suggest me which graphic card is better for decent gaming purpose.

HD 4550 64 Bits 512MB DDR2 625MHZ XFX
HD 4650 64 Bits 1024MB DDR2 600MHZ XFX
HD 4670 128 Bits 1024MB DDR2 650MHZ XFX
HD 6450 64 Bits 1024MB DDR3 625MHZ XFX
HD 5450 64 Bits 512MB DDR2 650MHZ XFX
HD 5450 64 Bits 1024MB DDR2 650MHZ XFX

Please adivce

A:Which graphic card is better from these options?

HD 4670 128 Bits 1024MB DDR2 650MHZ XFX
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a little 10-inch laptop for schoolwork and browsing, not gaming or anything intense like that.
Looking for what recommended minimum specs I should be on the lookout for.

I'm considering this little Samsung 10.1" Netbook featuring Intel Atom N455 Processor (N145)

My local pc folks are selling it for $400 CAD tax included, including $73 upgrade from 1G ram to 4G.
Good price?

I'd rather buy from a local store than purchase online, if not for reliability of purchase and continued support options.

A:Recommended specs for a word processing notebook?

What is the ratio between Canada and US when it comes to money? According to that link the system is on sale until 8/11 for $219.00.

The biggest issues for me would be that the Best Buy offer only has a) Windows 7 Starter installed; not even Home Premium, b) no need for 4 gigs if the operating system is only 32-bit because only a 64-bit OS will utilize 4 gigs and more RAM, c) the Intel Atom is slow.

So, IMO, it isn't worth $400 locally as is and again no need for 4 gigs if the OS is 32-bit. Shop around more and search for a Lenovo x120e system.
Relevancy 23.22%

I upgraded the NT server domain controller to a Windows server and immediately noticed that the XP client machines took a VERY long time to logon to the server The server is running DHCP but I modify the DNS setting so that the XP clients have the IP address of the server DC as their DNS This corrected the problem with the logon speed but it created another little problem When the server DC which is designated as the DNS server goes offline all the XP clients are unable to access the Internet Once the DC is online again connectivity to the Internet is restored I do not know what options I have to designate the ISP DNS information so that the clients do not have to rely on the availability of the DC for Internet Any suggestions are greatly appreciated PS we are issue 2000 Server DNS small automobile dealership that does not have a large IT budget I try to do the best I can but it explains some of the 2000 Server DNS issue older technology i am using Greg nbsp

A:2000 Server DNS issue

First, your config to point the clients to the server DNS is the correct choice.

The symptoms resulting from an outage of that server are normal - -
and should lead you to the solution that the DNS & DHCP servers need to be
replicated (ie two of each).

However, you can configure the clients with two DNS addresses:

the first one (being the primary) should be your internal DNS address
and the secondary might be any public DNS server like (which is google)
DNS processing is to issue a request to BOTH dns addresses and to accept
the results of the first one to reply.
That then creates the situation (a race condition) that if YOUR server gets bogged down, the secondary is more likely to reply first.

You should really attempt to avoid all outages of your DC and to schedule all maintenance to 'off-hour' periods to reduce the impact to the clients
Relevancy 22.36%

Budget Range while being workstation £1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin £1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor £235.65

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £32.99 x4 - £131.96

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V £151.96

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £108.69

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £148.85

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS £209.99

Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, everyone ... I regrettably bought the ugliest refurbished PC in the world with a really weak graphics card because it was cheap. I was given a new graphics card that is slightly better and I wish to install it as soon as I learn how to do it properly ..

My PC was advertised as having nVidia GeForce 9300 graphics card. So I went to 'Device Manager > Display adapters' so that I could uninstall my current one .. but it has TWO ADAPTERS: NVIDIA GeForce 9200 and NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE. I'm not quite sure what to do so I thought I'd turn to you guys .. Should I uninstall both???

A:Uninstalling video card from refurbished PC

Yes you can uninstall both, but then turn off the computer and install the "new" video card. The operating system should see it when you restart the computer. Go to new video cards support website and download and install the latest driver for the card and your operating system
Relevancy 26.23%

I attempted to update the print drivers for my HP printer on my Toshiba laptop running bit vista After i restarted repair boot, advanced Toshiba or use laptop options cannot I was unable to boot into windows recieved a black screen I tried F for advanced boot options and tried safe mode safe mode with networking last Toshiba laptop cannot boot, repair or use advanced options known config debugging safe mode with cp and all of these options failed with the first basic drivers loading loaded windows system config system after these load the system hangs I also tried startup repair option on the advanced options screen and recieve status message status xc e Info an unexpected I O error has occured I tried the toshiba recovery disk and recieve a boot bcd error unable to read harddrive I do not have an windows vista DVD or CD any ideas I think this is a bad driver but i cannot find a way to roll it back I also tried the option to allow windows to boot with unsigned drivers I am confident this is not a hardware issue NOTE PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO USE A VISTA RECOVERY DISK I AM TRYING TO BE SLIGHTLY MORE TECHNICAL AND POSSIBLY EDIT THE BCD MANUALLY nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop cannot boot, repair or use advanced options

It may be time to upgrade to Windows 7 using the clean install feature
Relevancy 26.23%

I recently posted that my external hard drive was not working as windows wanted to format it. I pulled it up and now it lights up but windows says it cant start in device manager so i put another hard drive form my old PC in it but it the same scenario.

Is there any last options on this please i really need some help.

I also tried to put it in my external dvd enclosure but it wont work please help me... Thanks .

A:Any last options for broken external hard drive?

As you have tried another hard drive in the external enclosure and it still would not work this suggests that the circuitry in the enclosure is faulty. All I can suggest is that you take the hard drive out of its case and hook it up to a desktop PC using the internal connections and set the jumper to slave if it is IDE. That might give you access to it.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey guys.

I use the normal pc - monitor output with the usual 15 pin cable, using windows 7.

My PC supports that and HDMI, so Ive always had my monitor running and HDMI to my TV.

When I have had this connected - I always used my sound system for sound as the hdmi cable never picked up sound from the TV.

All of a sudden my tv doesnt worked with cable to the monitor and doesnt transfer the sound to my sound system (green speaker port) and ive no idea what to do.

My tower works with the HDMI cable though........and sound comes from the TV which has never worked before.

A:Video output options (resolved)

Okay, I managed to fix this - took hours.

I have this set on multiple display using Win7. It was fine and then all of a sudden only 1 display would work. I now have it back on normal display for my monitor which works fine but the HDMI on the mounted tv on the other side of my room is very distorted with the colours. It was perfectly fine before. I tried restoring the settings etc but still the same. Tried changing resolution etc and still the same nonsense.

Weirdly enough it's only round peoples faces like the edges of their face, nose, eyes etc. This is confusing the life out of me.
Relevancy 23.22%

I installed XP2000.The head set Mic voice started breaking all of a sudden.But the same headset works well with other computers.I have reinstalled the audio drivers and the issue remains there.But i can hear the songs and all..I have installed realtek and i am using ACER 4930 LAPTOP.Someone can suggest the solution.

Relevancy 26.66%

I have screen, Green options need tinted a HP pavilion desktop Motherboard is a M N -LA Upgraded power supply to w previously had ATI xx series video card Installed a new GTS last night Stock ram stock HD days ago I started up the computer and found that EVERYTHING has a green tint to it I re-calibrated and researched and found that there is no blue signal coming from the computer I replaced the normal video cable and went with a HDMI cable Still green I went out and bought a new video card the GTS and installed Still green Green tinted screen, need options I tested the monitor on another computer and it works fine What else could it be The computer is less than months old and has worked fine up to this point Even after the upgrades it was running great It was purely after the boot up that the green issue came up Any ideas The only other curious thing is that the sound from the monitor wont work I can plug in headphones and it works but no sound from the comp to the monitor s built in speakers The audio settings in windows show there to be sound sent nbsp

A:Green tinted screen, need options

It's your screen, you probably need to replace it.

The same thing happened to the TV at home a while back, only with a blue tint.
I was sitting on the coach and watched TV, and suddenly click, the colors was messed up.
It was old, so I threw it out and bought a new one.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello everyone

I'm helping my girlfriend out with her new laptop. What she wants to be able to do is to have an external hard drive that she can back up her work/data to.

That's simple enough, but is there a convenient way to do it? As in, simply plug in the drive whenever she feels and then have it automatically create a copy of a specific folder onto the external drive?

She has a WD 80GB 2.5" hard drive (I can look up the model number later if that's necessary).

A:Hard drive backup options

There's plenty, I can't say I've used any, but browse around the downloads section or do some google searches.
What you're looking for would likely be classified as a file syncing program. First one on the techspot download's list is GoodSync
Relevancy 23.22%

I have recently reloaded win 2000 pro on a computer, come to set it up on the network and am having some issues, I have to admit that networking is not by strong point.
The server runs Win 2000 server, I have manually set the correct ip address and the pc is finding all of the computers on the network but when I come to access files on any other computer I get a box popping up asking me to enter network password. It has two boxes, one is "Connect as" and one for password. The guys in the office dont think there is a password as they don't remember ever being asked for one.
I feel it is a simple issue but my lack of knowledge is hindering me so I am hoping you more knowledgable guys can point me in the right direction.

A:Win 2000 network issue

1- what type of network (Domain or workgroup )?
2- what kind of OS in the other computer you want to access?
Relevancy 26.23%

I acquired a compaq armada 4120.
i start it up and before anything it says

42342kb ok.
162-System Options not set

(and there is a small coloured stripe on the screen)
i think it is windows 95.

I think it was a really nice laptop at one point and i hate to see it not work like this
Anyone can help or know how to install new OS?
i dont need to save anything i just want it to run

A:Compaq Armada 4120 42342kb ok 162 system options not set

When it displays that error, try pressing the F1 key and see if it boots up.

One possible cause for this error could be that your CMOS battery is run down, thus your system doesn't remember it's hardware configuration.

Another possibility is that the previous owner tried to install a hardware upgrade (like RAM, for example) and your BIOS doesn't like it. I think that can be resolved by going into your BIOS and changing the settings back to default.

Either way, you should be able to hit F1 and boot-up when that error screen appears. Good luck!
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all. I recently purchased Nvidia's GTX 470 to go with my new intel i7 920 processor, running with 6gb ddr3 on a 10k rpm velociraptor.

I have been playing starcraft 2, and noticed that right when I get into gameplay the GPU temp jumps to 90+ celsius. The fan also reaches nearly 100% to keep the GPU cooled, which is fairly loud and annoying.

For the experts out there, could you please recommend some cooling options for my GPU, and even my CPU?

Any advice on the setup I put together, I havn't built a computer in a few years so I am a bit outdated on things.

A:Nvidia GTX 470 cooling options?

Your CPU and graphics card temp will be largely dictated by a couple of factors. Chassis layout/cooling and the power draw of the components.
The GTX 470 is not a cool running card with stock cooling. You either look at an aftermarket air cooler like the Gelid Icy Spirit for example, or look at watercooling...which I'm guessing isn't an option since you are probably out of the loop (pun intended) concerning PC componentry, bearing in mind that every review of the GTX465./470/480 cards lists heat and noise generation as principle negative factors in the cards' ownership. Add in power consumption and that pretty much covers the negative aspects of these cards.
As for CPU cooling, there are a number of options, that again include water cooling, all-in-one water cooling and air cooling. The latter will depend upon computer chassis width if you want to accomodate a tower cooler.
You will need to post back with a few more pertinent details before any specific recommendations are posted.
-Chassis manufacturer/model
-Planning to overclock either/or/both CPU and graphics
-Location/etail availability
Relevancy 27.09%

I recently rebuilt my computer using a Cooler Master HAF- full tower case and I m looking to minimize the dust intake The case has a mm fan on the side panel at least I think it s mm and not really any filtering aside from the honeycomb mesh It s a pretty big area it actually allows for the installation of mm fans so I ve been searching around for some Filtering Options Case type of filter material or fabric I could maybe cut to size and use Case Filtering Options there I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place where i could order something like that or even a manufacturer i could contact I know the filters you buy for Case Filtering Options fan ports have that cloth-like material and if i could find some of that in bigger sheets that would be perfect Something like ft x ft would probably work i just need something there to reduce the amount of Case Filtering Options dust and other debris collecting on the fan and inside the case nbsp

A:Case Filtering Options

i have the HAF-932 too, its a dust magnet. i have to clean it out every other week
Relevancy 26.23%

I currently have a dell desktop hardwired to my comcast cable (12MB speed). Components are Linksys wireless g cable modem gateway (wcg 200 model), and a vonage phone VDV21 phone router. My signal will intermittently drop, have to re-boot both the linksys modem/gateway and the vonage router. Comcast said the linksys modem was no longer a good modem with their service but activated it anyway. They tried to say it was not docsis 2.0 compliant and it is. They recommended a docsis 3.0 modem would work better, but I have not found many avaialble. Would I be bettter off with a cable modem and seperate wireless router for my home network? I am looking at doing something like apple tv, but want a more reliable connection as well as faster if posssible. The range is good when working with my laptop in basement. It just seems that larger files/webpages with video will knock off my signal completely at times.

A:What is the best Modem router options for my home network?

cue desert scene in cartoon with lonely whistle............
Relevancy 26.23%

I am looking to buy a new flash drive. I am looking for 16GB or 32GB drive. There is only two requirements: cap-less, and at least 10MBps Up/Down speed. I have hit up all the usual site (newegg, tiger direct, and amazon) with some luck but I am not willing to spent over $100 for a flash drive.

Any ideas?

A:16GB-32GB flash drive options..

I have a Patriot Dash 16GB and it meets your requirements, but barely. Writing to it after several minutes is probably down in the 15MB/sec range after initially starting out at 70+.

Avoid the Patriot Razzo 16GB, I also have it (bought it when I thought I lost my Dash) and it is painfully slow. There is also a 32GB version of it, but I imagine it also sucks.

I don't have any experience with the Xporter XT Boosts, but by the name alone I expect that it would be faster than my Dash. But it is uglier than both the Dash and the Razzo

Don't know anything about other brands because my only other flash drive is a 1GB Sandisk Cruzer Mini and its pretty slow, but at 1GB even slow doesn't take too long to fill. Just be wary of Sandisk because of the U3 crap that is on the new ones (thankfully mine doesn't have it).
Relevancy 26.66%

My laptop HP hdx t sits in my bedroom as my office just got taken over by my new son That said i can leave it on for video processing or mozy backups only if i turn off the fan in my external HD enclosure turn the power and fan control on the laptop down so that they don t come on or overheat and cover all the little lights on the laptop that i can t turn off Even Video Options PC Silent Card so it is usually not silent enough for my wife So i am kind of planing out a possible desktop system that is extremely silent and am running into the Silent PC Video Card Options great lack of passively cooled GPUs At this point working a custom liquid cooled solution to a GPU is out of my comfort level so i want to stick pretty much to off the shelf components I do some gaming but don t care about being able to max out every game I do a large amount of photo video editing so I really would like DirectX support as it allows for greater GPU usage particularly down the road by some of the programs i have adobe CS premier I found this that matches quot features quot but is pretty underpowered for my needs http www newegg com Product Produ e silent graphics card- - - - - -Product The best passively cooled GPU i could find is http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E It doesn t have DirectX support though which would kind of limit me to a ATI series card Anyone have other options they have seen or know about Or can convince me that i don t need DirectX at the moment nbsp

A:Silent PC Video Card Options

Anyone out there with ideas?
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all,

I have an old Dell Inspiron 4000 which I 'inherited'. I want to load Windows 2000 onto it (from my old Win 2000 CD)
It is an Intel?Pentium III 750MHz with 32KB L1 cache and 256KB L2 cache with 100MHz external bus frequency and Intel SpeedStep.

Display = 14.1-inch XGA TFT color display

I have loaded it and it works fine....except it only takes up half the screen!!
It has a black border around Windows of about 2.5" all around. Ie, the display is like a box in the middle of the screen.
I obviously need some driver or other, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know which.
At present it is trying to operate off a standard VGA driver which was installed with Windows 2000.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

A:Win 2000 & laptop problem

1 Minimize all applications so that you can see the desktop.
2 Right-click anywhere on the desktop background (not on an icon).
3 In the resulting pop-up menu, choose Properties. This will open the Display Properties dialog box.
4 In the Display Properties dialog box, select the Settings tab.
5 In the Settings tab, in the lower right corner, is a "slider" which allows you to change the screen resolution.
6 Slide this control to the left to decrease the screen resolution and to the right to increase the resolution.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guys need your help once again I advice for options! Building a need Monster, storage have been Building a Monster, need advice for storage options! given a K budget to build the baddest machine on the block This machine s duties Building a Monster, need advice for storage options! will be Act as our training PC for MS Cert simulations of Server All instances of the server will be running on top of VMWare Act as our disaster recovery backup server just in case sh t hits the fan and we need our network up and running Mind you the current server is a beefy rackmount Dell running VMs of Server on top of ESXi Now this is the build I have in mind Core i ghz EVGA X mobo Corsair Dominator x GB DDR RAM GB Antec Quattro w PSU Intel G GB SSD OS CoolerMaster Cosmos Case x EVGA GTX Core Video Cards ware SE- LPML Raid Card x WD Black Caviar TB drives The real question here is what would be the best solution for storage What we had in mind was put TB drives in raid giving us TB usable storage space running from the ware raid card all in the same system instead of running this in a separate NAS Now would it be enough of a difference to run the storage portion of the system in a separate NAS or would it be fine to sort of emulate a NAS device in the same system So far I have hit about with my build If were to go with the NAS option I can easily build one myself I have tons of spare pcs out of commission with enough case space to fit everything in there It all comes down to whether or not the storage should be an external NAS or internal raid note I would be using FreeNAS to run the NAS if that were the option chosen nbsp

A:Building a Monster, need advice for storage options!

Don't forget that NAS is attached via the network. Make sure that is a DEDICATED interface
that is not accessible to the client systems.

Networking choices (today) are the 1gb ethernet, Firewire (400 vs 800), and the newest USB 3.0 devices (if you can find them).

Also consider that software RAID is not the best choice; look for a PCI card which implements raid in the hardware.
This was once the domain of Adaptec / SCSI but now you might find iSCSI devices.
(oh yea; hot-swap is almost always a SCSI feature).

Lastly, imo, I would be careful as to how much data is 'under one head', consider:
disk platters * number of cylinders * bytes per track becomes a big number for both reliability and performance.

the electronics can 'switch heads' faster than it can seek the arm
the electronics can switch heads faster than waiting for rotational delay (latency)
I would chose HDs with more platters over one with fewer,
fewer clyinders to reduce arm seeks,
and higher RPM over slower to reduce latency.

So; you have an attachment choice, a controller choice, and HD geometry considerations.
Relevancy 27.09%

Ok so I moved into a house beside my parents The network I set up at my dad s is a Linksys Wireless Router and the pcs are connected via other linksys wireless usb adapters In my house I am able to grab onto his wireless signal with just a usb adapter Houses/2 are my What options? Routers? 2 plugged into my pc And my question is Should I just buy usb adapters for 2 Houses/2 Routers? What are my options? my 2 Houses/2 Routers? What are my options? pcs or is there a way to use another router over here to manage my connections so i can hard wire this computer room for free instead of buying multiple usb adapters I searched and read that routers can be connected in series by linking them together but can they be ran in series by just using their wireless signal and keep the IP addresses different And set the main router up for DHCP and turn my routers DHCP off EDIT Or can I hardwire my nd pc to the one connected to the internet and set it up for windows internet sharing Does windows even have internet connection share anymore nbsp

A:2 Houses/2 Routers? What are my options?

yea, i'm having the same dilemma, im trying to get wireless on my laptop and share it to a router through my laptop's lan port, and then connect 2 360's to that router. You definitely need to enable internet connection sharing on the main comp that u wanna share the connection. I'm just not sure how to assign the ip's of the router and 360's.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, a friend of mine is looking to purchase a new laptop, he will use it just for work but travels a lot, so wants it to be portable, he'll need a fast processor something that can handle up to 50 files open at ones(I dont know how he does it) he's looking to spend up to around AUD$2000.

Thx for all the help,

A:Portable Work Laptop around AUD$2000

Get HP ENVY 5 Series
Relevancy 26.23%

As the title states, I've got an issue with a Dell Precision M70 running at 101 MHz despite the power options that I set it at. I've checked the BIOS to see if there was a way to change the clock speed from there but, knowing Dell, of course there wasn't a way to change it. The processor is a Pentium M 1.6 GHz processor. Does any one have any advice that may point me in the right direction. Any thing is always helpful.

A:1.6 GHz processor running at 101 MHz depsite power options

Can you check using CPU-Z to be sure, 101 MHz sounds more like your FSB before the multiplier, if your multiplier is stuck at 1x then this would really result in a clock speed of 101 MHz which would really result in a unusable computer.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone; I was told to move the DHCP server from one site to another. I'm currently running DHCP in win2003 server. I have exported the dhcp config using netsh command. I just found out that the "new server" for dhcp in the other site is a win 2000 family server. I'm not quiet sure how to import the config from win2003 to 2000 family; is this possible? or I would have to configure the scopes manually?

Can anyone please help.
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello everyone as this is my first post here I currently have an extremely outdated system AMD 2 gaming options New to from choose PC, Athlon XP GHZ GB of memory Radeon X Graphics card GB hard drive New gaming PC, 2 options to choose from Now I will be upgrading this dinosaur around tax time next year A couple of questions Should I be asking this question next year as tech is being updated as fast as Usain Bolt If I could get of these gaming systems which would you guys approve of New gaming PC, 2 options to choose from System Intel i CPU Intel Core i GHz Quad Core New gaming PC, 2 options to choose from K Intel i CPU Fans Thermaltake P Copper Base amp Heat Pipes Socket CPU fan Intel i Motherboards MSI X Pro DDR Cross Fire GB LAN iEEE DDR Triple Channel memory GB x GB PC DDR Triple Channel PCI-Express Video cards GeForce GT GB PCI EXpress X dual head tv out Hard Drives GB Maxtor Seagate rpm SATA UDMA m Cache DVD Recorders Lite On x DVD Recorder Dual Layer R RW -R RW DVD Recorders Lite On x DVD Recorder Dual Layer R RW -R RW Media Card Readers -in- Memory Card Reader Internal Black Sound Cards Sound Blaster Audigy SE Network Cards Ethernet network adapter onboard Cases APEVIA X-Cruiser Black Side Window front USB iEEE Temp control Power Supply Thermaltake Puerpower W ATX Power Supply Total Price US System AMD CPU AM AM AMD Phenom II GHz Quad Core nm AM MB Cache AMD CPU Fans OCZ Vanquisher Intel EXTRA QUIET Vertical HeatPipe Copper fan AMD AM AM Motherboards ASUS M N -D Onboard Video HDMI SLI PCI-EX GB LAN iEEE DDR memory GB x GB PC DDR Dual Channel PCI-Express Video cards GeForce GT GB PCI EXpress X dual head tv out Hard Drives GB Maxtor Seagate rpm SATA UDMA m Cache DVD Recorders Lite On x DVD Recorder Dual Layer R RW -R RW DVD Recorders Lite On x DVD Recorder Dual Layer R RW -R RW Media Card Readers -in- Memory Card Reader Internal Black Sound Cards Sound Blaster Audigy SE Network Cards Ethernet network adapter onboard Cases APEVIA X-Cruiser Black Side Window front USB iEEE Temp control Power Supply Thermaltake Puerpower W ATX Power Supply Total price US Now both of these systems are coming from MICRO ONE COMPUTERS on e-bay where you can configure it yourself I tried to make both of them similar But the only thing that s not similar is the price difference which is So what do you think nbsp

A:New gaming PC, 2 options to choose from

a lot...and i mean a lot will change both in tech and deals you can get. for example just in the next couple of month s AMD is bringing out DX11, and intel will have the 32nm I7 cpu's out, i would revisit your buying decision when you get a little closer to it.
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm building a new rig for a friend. He's always been inclined towards Intel and nVidia. However, I'm posting these two options. Would like everyone's opinion.

Intel Build:

CPU : Intel E8400
Motherboard : ASUS P5Q3

AMD Build:

CPU : AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE
Motherboard : ASUS M4A78T-E

Common Peripherals:

GPU : GTX260 / HD4850 / HD4870 (Friend wants to keep it between the GTX260 and the HD4870 but I'm throwing in the 4850 as well.)
RAM : 4GB DDR3 (1333 MHz in all probability; Transcend / Xion / Kingston)
PSU : Cooler Master RP-600-PCAR 600W (This choice is based on availability. Other brands are almost impossible to locate in my city.)
Cabinet : Cooler Master CM690

Which build in your opinion is a better choice if gaming is the primary purpose? Also would like your inputs on the GPU and anything else that you think.

A:New Build Options

The Intel combo looks overpriced and is inferior in performance to the AMD one.

For the video card, it depends on what resolution we are talking about. For 1680x1050 and higher, go for an HD 4870 or GTX 260, whichever is cheaper. For lower resolutions, go for the HD 4850.

Everything else looks fine. The PSU is not too great though; I would not recommend running an HD 4870 on one of those. Try looking for something else. What brands are available in Calcutta?
Relevancy 26.66%

I got a sleeving kit from Frozen CPU and so far have been able to sleeve my fan wires my SATA power cables and a SATA - gt x Molex splitter with for Options ATX connector pins removing little issue However for the love of god I cannot get the ATX connector Options for removing ATX connector pins pins out I tried using the supplied tool but after about hours of trying I wore out the metal and snapped one of the prongs Then I tried a pair of staples but I either did not get them in far enough or they weren t working So can anyone recommend me a tool that you have used for removing these pins I m open to around the house remedies as well and willing to try the staple method again if you have any pointers To reiterate I can do a google search for this tool just fine and I can read the very few reviews I can find of those tools but I would like recommendations from users of TechSpot nbsp

A:Options for removing ATX connector pins

I've never removed an ATX connector but I have sleeved a power supply. My method was to desolder the wires inside the PSU then resolder them after installing the sleeves (It was worried about damageing the connectors so I didn't want to try and remove the pins ). This method is only recommended if you're good at soldering and you are aware of the safety aspects of working inside a PSU(The capacitors can store power for days after being disconnected from power). Prior To working inside a PSU (removing boards, repairing components, basically anything other than just looking around inside or replacing a fan) I first drain as much of the stored charge as possible (hit the power button while the PSU is disconnected from AC), Let the PSU sit for at least 24 hours, and wear rubber gloves. So far using this method I have never been shocked. Also this is one case were you don't want to ues an anti-static wrist strap since it acts as a ground. If you don't want to open the psu you can cut the wires, solder them back together and protect the solder joints from shorting with heat shrink tubing(similar to making your own wiring harness for a car stereo if you have ever done that). This will be ugly but if you cover it with sleveing you will never notice it. You can also use butt crimp connectors but these are more prone to failure and harder to hide under sleveing so soldering is the right way to do it.

This is of course a completely different way of accomplishing the same task. It is relatively easy to someone who is good at soldering and knows their way around the inside of a powersupply but will be dificult and potentially dangerous to people lacking thses skills.

Others may be more helpfull in giveing you ways to remove the pins which can be the easy or hard way of sleveing a psu depending on an individuals perticular skills.
Relevancy 26.23%

What are you going to use the PC for - Gaming How much is your budget - Where are you located - London Are you willing to buy online - YES Are you going to re-use any parts from anearlier build Yes my RAM Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others - No Have you already bought any parts Apart from RAM No Do you have an Operating System OS Yes Windows XP Jome Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup No Chance I currently own a Dell Dimension I have updgraded the ram to GB I m running a Intel Celeron G Hz Currently using on board graphics However I m still not experiencing the performance I 2400? Dell for a options Dimension Upgrade need I would like Upgrade options for a Dell Dimension 2400? to upgrade this PC so I am able to play certain games such as BioShock or Sims and Black And White I know Upgrade options for a Dell Dimension 2400? this a lot to ask of my little machine as it is so old it doesnt even have a AGP slot If needed I m willing to upgrade the motherboard But I d prefer not to The form factor is Micro ATX I believe I want to spend under Ideally I would like the best PCI graphics card and the highest CPU supported But only if this will allow me to play high spec games Otherwise I guess I have to upgrade the mobo Help me Obi Wan Kenobi you re my only hope nbsp

A:Upgrade options for a Dell Dimension 2400?

get this card

and this dvd burner because most (the games you want to play) games come pc-dvd standard.

$115 usd, 71 british pounds without any shipping.

$142 usd, 88 british pounds with basic international shipping.
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm new to Techspot. I wanted to get into a forum to try and solve an issue with my computer. The computer is a dell inspiron 1525, with vista, and receives the following message on startup, "internal hard disk drive not found."

A:Need help with error code 2000-0141

The usual cause is that the hard drive has gone bad... But you may just need to re-order your BIOS?
Have your tried borrowing another drive just to see if it is detected?
That computer can be about 2 1/2 years old... long enough for a drive to go bad...
But if you have valuable data on it, you don't want to mess with it too much... just because it doesn't boot, or is not detected, doesn't mean you cannot access it later to retrieve the data... because usually you can.
It can be a lot of other problems as well, so tell us more about your system and what you were in the middle of?
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi folks,

I passed from Vista 32 bit to Vista 64 bit but my dual screen options in Nvidia Control panel are missing!
I was using it to expand my gaming screen to two 22 inch LCD Monitors but Vista 64 bit driver has problems about it?
Do you know how can I solve this problem?

My specs

GTS 250
GA-X48-DS5 Mobo
4GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive
Vista 64 bit

A:Nvidia Control Center Dual Monitor Options Missing?

Pls help my problem

Pls Help to my problem
Relevancy 27.09%

HP Pavilion Slimline s3320f

Processor: 1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.6GHz
Processor Technology: HyperTransport Technology
Bus Speed: 2000MHz
Chipset: nVIDIA nForce 430
Standard Memory: 2GB
Memory Technology: DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Standard: DDR2-667/PC2-5300
Hard Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 7200 rpm
Optical Drive: DVD-Writer - DVD-RAM/±R/±RW with LightScribe
Controller: Serial ATA
Graphics Controller: nVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE 831MB
Network: Fast Ethernet - IEEE 802.3u
Ports: 1 x 6-pin mini-DIN (PS/2) Keyboard Rear
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Case Style: Slim Tower

I just purchased Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit & will be installing that upon arrival.

In any event, the graphics card that was installed at the factory is supposed to be a poor choice for gaming, but I am not sure what will fit inside this very small tower. Does anyone have any ideas on gaming cards that will fit in this computer?

A:What are my options for a Video Card?

The safest bet is an HD 4670. A step up from that would be the HD 4830. Google for dimensions on the latter to make sure it will fit properly in your case.
Relevancy 21.5%

I have received several floppies from a customer of mine who would very much appreciate anything I can file processor recoverable? Word do to recover the files off of them They contain parts of a book he was writing on an old word processor I can get Word processor file recoverable? more details on the specific processor he used if needed Upon inserting the disc they all obviously ask me if I would like to format the disc and reads no data Word processor file recoverable? on them I am wondering if there are any Word processor file recoverable? programs availiable to read the data or if I should possibly install windows onto one of my older towers I have stored away see if they will read the info Here is a link to an earlier thread reguarding this similar topic and realblackstuff speaks of a program called smartdisk that reads over different types of files Anyone know about this at all Here is the link to the topic here in techspot http www techspot com vb all wind -old-Floppy-discs-used-by-Word-Processor html I followed the whole thread but came up empty My only lead seems to be the smartdisk program mentioned but I cannot seem to find it Basically any alternative method would be greatly appreciated to get this data off the discs somehow nbsp

A:Word processor file recoverable?

Look I'm not trying to spam or anything but try the TRIAL of
If this doesn't help on your floppy recovery then they may be toast

If it does work (but obviously you cannot recover under trial) then we'll try to source some free alternatives
Relevancy 26.23%

Basically what the title says. I have my power options for my monitor timeout set to never turn off. It's a desktop, and I think I can trace the problem to a certain program. I have Arcsoft Totalmedia Theatre installed for playing BluRay movies and when I run it, it changes the display options back to Windows Vista Basic. It would seem that the power option changes itself back after I close this program and Vista goes back to Aero mode.

Any ideas what I could do to fix this? I use the program a lot and I absolutely hate turning my monitors back on.

A:Vista turns off monitor even though power options are set to never

I would remove Arcsoft Total media Theatre, then reset Vista, defragment, and reboot, then reinstall ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, and see if it will behave next time.
Relevancy 21.93%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this
Relevancy 23.22%

I m trying to put together a powerful computer that will last a very long time I d like an Intel quad-core processor at least GB of DDR RAM multiple USB slots FireWire wireless capabilities a fast DVD drive burner a good sound card and a fast HDD preferably GB or over I need a good graphics card or two graphics cards depending on the other hardware that can handle Counter-Strike Source Half-Life and other more demanding games Also a case to hold everything together enough power cooling etc I ll be using the computer for gaming video editing graphics design and generally very demanding operations all at Building PC with $2000 Budget the same time It would also be nice if the computer is easy to upgrade as new technologies come out I have about available to me not including the OS monitor keyboard and mouse which I ll take care of later Building PC with $2000 Budget I ve been doing some research but it s more complicated than I thought I d be grateful if anyone could recommend a build or any sort of advice nbsp

A:Building PC with $2000 Budget

with a core i7 setup you should be good for a while, Which will leave you happy with under a 2k budget.

You'll soon get post here about core 2 duos that can overclock to 4ghz. Those are all fine and dandy, they do their jobs well. On a 700-900 budget.

I'd recommend an core i7 setup, with a 3 or 6 gig ram kit. I think the asus and Gigabyte boards are great.

You may see a price drop after jan 8th when nvidia drops their new cards. I'd usually say a 4870 1gb version or a 4870x2 with your budget.
Relevancy 27.09%

i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what to upgrade on my pc.
i want to play fs2004 a century of flight on high settings

my current setup
mobo: biostar k8m800
cpu: amd sempron 3600+
mem: 2gig ddr2
psu: winpower 600w
gpu: sapphirre hd3850 512mb agp

thanks guys

A:Upgrade options

nothing to upgrade. Your system is OLD and your components are near the maximum for such an old system.
Relevancy 22.79%

Does 8.1 and up work on w2k?
Just wondering. I have SP4 install and that update roller thing.

A:Windows 2000/Radeon Drivers

I'm certain 8.1 works on 2k and I think even 9.0c does.
Relevancy 27.09%

ill start off by saying i dont have a pcie slot just the pcie x but the mobo can be upgraded later for now i 260 options: Final gtx gtx+? 9800 or would like opinions on the gpu im Final options: gtx 260 or 9800 gtx+? about to purchase budget gt for gpu Final options: gtx 260 or 9800 gtx+? here is a gb gtx for it has great reviews and some qualities i really like such as slightly smaller than my current gts stays cool and quiet along with above average power http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E here is a gtx this would push my psu a little more than the card above http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E i originally wanted the gx but then i heard about the scaling newegg has a recertified i do not want an ati card at this time so im sticking with nvidia for this purchase the benchmarks between the two cards above are very simular so im leaning on the any last opinions from you guys before i make the purchase this would be for my current rig thanks in advance edit since my psu isnt listed in specs here is the info nbsp

A:Final options: gtx 260 or 9800 gtx+?

You do not have enough power on the +12V rails for GTX 260. Also, the 9800GTX+ is, for all practical purposes, nothing but a 55nm OC'd 8800GTS G92, which can be had for $140 or so after rebate.

I'd recommend a new PSU and the GTX 260, if you can afford it. A decent cheap PSU would be the OCZ StealthXStream 600W, which can be had for quite cheap after rebates. Another would be the fantastic Antec Earthwatts EA500.

It's your choice.
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi my computter must have some sort of virus not sure what but i cant Cannot Windows select Options Advanced get onto the computer Sequence of events Turn on the computer loads a little goes to a screen that says quot unknown hard error quot it doesn t go away so i restart the computer Cannot select Windows Advanced Options and it says quot a problem has occured when trying to start the computer the unknown hard error please choose an option from below safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known settings your most recent settings that worked or continue starting windows now i would choose the last known settings but you have to choose the settings with the arrow keys and they wont work im guessing that the computer hasnt lloaded to the stage where the keyboard works So my question is is there a way to reset the computer to factory settings with out being able to turn it on one extra thing i DO go past the page that says F setup F boot menu if that helps at all Thanks for any help ask questions ill be checking this alot and wil be adding stuff that i find as i go hope this is in the right section if not tell me where so i can get more help if not but you have some ideas tell m and post too Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot select Windows Advanced Options

First, and I'm sorry to ask this, but can you check that your keyboard is properly connected?

If it is, then press F2 as soon as you see the stat screen. If you get into BIOS, find the "Reset to defaults" option and select it, save settings and reset.

Repost with what happens.

-- Andy
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello and good morning I have Windows and am getting a recurring issue that is keeping me from doing Windows X Error Active Computer 2000 My virtually anything on this computer When I start up the computer and then click on My Computer icon I get the following error message and cannot see any of the drives nor move any folders s Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page As a result this page may Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000 not display correctly ame thing happens in Windows Explorer and Internet explorer I ve tried some troubleshooting in the run REGEDIT area to no avail In addition I ve tried opening internet explorer internet options going to the securities tab and there s a big red minus sign and the settings are quot stuck quot on high when I try to change the security level for my computer to medium or medium low etc it quot takes quot but after i hit apply then okay and close out of the window same thing When I try to go back in to the options securities section it s stuck on high again Any ideas Much appreciated nbsp

A:Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000

win2000 has kill-bit controls and this KB loads several of them

if you can use the command prompt, then the installer would/should run.
Download the update to another system and then access it remotely on a share
or use a thumbdrive to move it to your win2000.
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi I am in the process of doing a clean re-install of Windows XP for Home on my PC I have hard drives c gb Maxtor SATA drive - bootable with Windows seeing Hard - Problems, drive new not Bootup Drive hard Help Windows required Options XP existing Windows install d gb Maxtor IDE drive Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options - non bootable data drive g gb Maxtor IDE drive - bootable with the clean install of Windows XP for home on it Windows is not seeing all the sizes quite right yet but I will tackle that when I have solved Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options this major problem that follows If I boot from the C drive - I have no problems at all Windows will see all the different drives as it should do I can access them all and they all work fine When I come to boot the clean install on drive G windows changes the drive letters - G becomes C D remains as D but the gb Maxtor SATA drive isn t Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options seen at all and might as well not exist Disk Management within Windows is no help as it can t see the drive Maxtor software MaxBlast is also no help as it can t see the drive on this install either I have checked and rechecked the BIOS but have pretty much discounted any issues here as it clearly shows all drives and all drives are listed on boot up It s just when Windows kicks in that I have the problem I guess it s a simple setting somewhere but I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to think what it is - so any ideas would be very gratefully received Thanks in advance and kind regards Stuart nbsp

A:Hard Drive Bootup Problems, Help required - Windows not seeing new hard drive Options

This is what I would do to enhance performance and storage strategy:

1. Use the 20g for the os and housekeeping utes such as av, spyware, etc only, nothing else goes on that drive.
2. Use the 160g for apps installs.
3. Use the 200g for data.

This might get you past the bios/firmware/os/drive letter issue and make better use of the drives. The 20 isn't really good for storage anymore, but would be great for an os/system ute drive. It's performance is less than the other drives, but that's ok, most of the os will stay in ram anyway after boot, you won't make any real diff having a faster os drive.
You might want to place a pagefile on each drive so pageing can occur concurrently too.
Relevancy 22.79%

My music played with constant tones with XP. Tone depended on sampling rate of the music. Is this a well-known problem?
Along with other problems I went back to 2000.
Please don't nag me about getting a new computer.

A:Sound problems upgrading 2000 to XP

What kind of sound card or sound device does your old system have? Did you install XP, SP2 and install all the updates for it? There is an XP SP3 now. These Service Packs help greatly with older computers hardware, like sound cards and their drivers
Relevancy 26.66%

1. Why would D520 not have an eeprom chip while other D600 or later would?
2. What are the options to unlock a D520 if when boot you get the gray screen?
I read that you can disconnect the battery for a couple seconds.
Then reconnect it and this will change the boot order to usb first.
then use the usb to load up xp. Is this true?

A:Dell D520 options & questions

I assume you mean 'older' by 'later'.
Not sure about the strategy on how dell does secure their laptops but it is definitely that removing the cmos battery will solve the password screen problem and neither it will enable you to boot up from usb. the only options at the moment are to contact dell, tell them the service tag (make sure you are the legal owner or have the ownership transfered to you) and let them give you a master password to unlock the laptop - or go here:
and wait for a master password (you may receive paid offers only).
well you can also have a look at some unlocking websites and ebay. there are a couple of guys who sell passwords....

good luck!
Relevancy 30.1%

i was told to try uninstalling my IPv6 to try and fix my internet problem. The directions i got were very confusing, so i Googled it and it said to run command prompt and type in:netsh int ipv6 uninstall

but when i entered that, i received "the following command was not found: int ipv6 uninstall".....does any1 know what i'm doing wrong here? thanks for all the help

A:Uninstalling ipv6

uninstall works on XP only -- Visita you just disabled it.
Relevancy 21.93%

Can anyone please help me? i got a new pc running windows 2000 professional. now my altek lansing speakers wont work on it and i love these speakers. pc asks me for cmuda.sys which is like greek to me. contacted microsoft and the speaker co. and they say i need a patch. is cmuda.sys a patch? if it is how do i get it? any help greatly appreciated. tyvm Bluemarinemamal

A:Altec lansing spker trouble/wind 2000 professional

looks like a driver issue,

cmuda.sys is the C-Media WDM Audio Interface, for the C-Media AC97 on-board sound cards.

have you lately checked or downloaded your latest sound driver? compatible
for your OS ?

and what is your motherboard model? do you use any other PCI sound card?
Relevancy 23.22%

A:Installing xp or 2000 os on laptop new hdd

I did put the boot in that order and the only thing i did when it was hook to the other computer was format and partition through disk management.

In the boot sequence of the BIOS there is some symbols in front of the hdd,floppy drive but not in front of the CD drive.

when the boot screen comes up it recognized the CD drive but does not assign a drive letter.Thanks
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all, I recently bought another motherboard online and am still waiting for it to arrive. Ive seen that after installing a new motherboard, windows does not start and a reinstall needs to be done, so this is my question. How can i configure Windows 2000 to work properly with this new motherboard without having to reinstall. Can it be done?

Cheers, Nissanman.

A:Need to configure Windows 2000 for new mainboard

ok, i might just back up and reinstall then. and another question. Will a microATX motherboard fit into a normal size ATX case? I think it wud, but i still wanna be sure
Relevancy 22.36%

OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dell Dimension 8100
I'm installing drivers for other things now... I wonder why i didn't think of this but THANKS

ok I'm downloading chipset drivers right now
Relevancy 22.36%

Pretty soon I plan on building a computer for my brother with around $1500 - 2000 for his budget and I want to get some good parts for it. The price will have to be with a monitor so im figuring its going to be about $2000 with a monitor $1500 without. I wanna try SLI, probably go with Intel quad core(Q6600), 4gb ram, and air cooling. I have been looking into the EVGA 780i motherboard because I heard some pretty good things about it. Here is a list that I am considering. Please feel free to suggest, add, or remove anything from my list. I thank you in advance for any help that you provide.

2 x 8800gts g92
EVGA 780i
4gb Corsair Dominator PC2 8500
OCZ 700w PSU
500gb 7200.10 barracuda HDD
Samsung 2493HM 24" lcd monitor

EDIT: Vista x64 and xp pro dual boot

A:$1500-2000 build... any good recomendations?

It will be an XP pro and vista 64bit dual boot.
Relevancy 22.36%

oldish computer, oldish user. my kids got me an ipod, which I am only learning how to use. I do love it now, but I am visiting relatives with 5 yr old computer running windows 2000. each time I try to hook my ipod to itunes, the whole thing reboots. It doesn't happen when I plug the cable into the usb port, but when I plugit into the ipod, it instantly shuts down. I don't know much tech stuff, be gentle! ^_^

A:iPod causing Windows 2000 to reboot

The Windows 2000 computer is updated to SP 3 (Service Pack 3)?
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Panasonic Toughbook running Windows 2000.
I used to be able to run wireless PCMCIA adapters and it worked.

Now when I insert both a Netgear and D-link PCMCIA card the entire system freezes.(after installing the drivers) I pull the card out and the system resumes.Also, the lights on the PCMCIA flash and do what they are suppposed to do.

I can use my D-link wired PCMCIA adapter.

So - it is not the PCMCIA slot - it is not the cards - they both work on other computers. It must be 2000.

Anyone have nay thoughts on what i can try next?

A:Panasonic toughbook - running WIN 2000 - wireless PCMCIA freezing system

Hello Colleen,
you may need to do a fresh install of Win2K... Have you downloaded and installed all the Windows 2000 service packs?
Relevancy 27.09%

The following TCP options will generally improve your Windows XP network performance Windows users have more performance Options TIP: Tcp straight forward TIP: Tcp performance Options setting SackOpts All of the TCP IP parameters are registry values located under the registry key Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces b GUID- b b GUID- b b GUID-n b Adapter-specific values are listed under subkeys for each adapter identified by the adapter s globally unique identifier GUID To determine the GUID value for an adapter corresponding to a LAN connection in the Network Connections folder do the following Open the Network Connections folder and note the name of the LAN connection such as quot Local Area Connection quot Click Start click Run type regedit exe and then click OK Use the tree view the left pane of the Registry Editor tool to open the following key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Network D E -E - CE-BFC - BE Under this key are one or more keys for the globally unique identifiers GUIDs corresponding to the installed LAN connections Each of these GUID keys has a Connection subkey Open each of the GUID Connection keys and look for the Name setting in the contents pane whose value matches the name of your LAN connection from step When you have found the GUID Connection key that contains the Name setting that matches the name of your LAN connection write down or otherwise note the GUID value Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Tcpip Parameters Interfaces GUID and add new key SackOpts REG DWORD value Full Duplex Under the Device Manager dbl-click your Network Adapter name click the Advanced Tab select the Link Speed Duplex Mode change the Value box to mbps Full Duplex click OK to save the value for those with only a mps card that choice will be present too nbsp

A:TIP: Tcp performance Options

Here this might make it easier for members to apply these settings.. Just download the files attached. is for DSL modems and is for Cable Modems 20Mbps or geater. Settings can be adjusted with TCP Optimizer from

CABLE Modems 20Mbps or higher

DSL Modems

The above is what I use and I've attached a zip with a TCP.reg so you just double click on the file and it will install what you need for DSL and Cable Modem users. P2P is different for Cable Modem as it would have the Max settings.
Relevancy 23.65%

I am working on a new pc for under I don t for Pc around $2000? want it to be way hardcore and its not going to be Pc for around $2000? completely for gaming I don t need rpm harddrives or anything and im not planning on over clocking CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx item N E Western Digital Caviar SE GB quot SATA- Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E SAMSUNG Spinpoint F GB Pc for around $2000? quot SATA- Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Rosewill RX -D-B W Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Antec Nine Hundred Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window http www newegg com Product Produc E RAZER RZ - Banshee Blue Laser Lachesis Gaming Mouse oh this doesn t need to be here Sony NEC Optiarc Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU B s http www newegg com Product Produc E Koutech IO-RCM USB quot quot Card Reader http www newegg com Product Produc E that there totals to around Im thinking about buying x EVGA GeForce GT -P -N -AR Video Card for each http www newegg com Product Produc E they seem good and i like EVGA but then the new series came out Should i just wait for better cards I won t be getting this for at least a couple months Also i found these two motherboards Which is best for me They both only have ddr ram is that bad mines ddr Will i be able to change that in the bios somewere ASUS P N-D ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E MSI P N SLI Platinum ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Im really not so sure about the processor either please help Thank you nbsp

A:Pc for around $2000?

ok well i do almost insist on SLI just because their cards look cool no jk i plan on playing crysis and some other stuff i do look to game! Plus video editing. and i think i did say UNDER $2000 somewere.... yeah i got crap about the server crashing but the weried thing is that the promocode page was still working. 500 watts is cutting it pretty close and im not getting this immediatly but there is a combo deal for the GPU and a 700 mabye 600 (can't remeber) watt PSU.

anyway since i am probably SLI ing, i think i will go with the cheeper $150 motherboard, however there is still the question about it saying ddr 800 ram while i'll have ddr 1066...... i swear i read somewere that you can change it in the bios.

yeah the Q6700 seems like a real ripoff compared to the Q6600 but i think i should mabye get a zalaman fan for it and buy the no fan version as the fan is sorta crappy i heard.
Relevancy 27.09%

ok first off i m trying our over clocking for my first time i options? No overclock m not going in blind though been doing my research for about months now and before i No overclock options? try anything on my new system i No overclock options? wanted to try it on this old one good start unfriendly bios though i have absolutly no overclocking options at all in there been threw it countless times and the onlything i can do is view my current clock speed can t access it at all so i ran everest trial verson and it says my system is it s old Compaq persario AMD Athlon XP Ghz FIC AM mother board km - Pheonix awards bios v PG system bios date videos bios date sdram x - - - is this program overclocking for me freely it s posting new rating for hardware too i thank everyone for the help to come i ve been reading post and i hope to be up and running a newer confident system soon ishly Field Value CPU Properties CPU Type AMD Athlon XP CPU Alias Thoroughbred-A CPU Stepping A CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon tm XP CPUID Revision h CPU Speed CPU Clock MHz CPU Multiplier x CPU FSB MHz original MHz Memory Bus MHz DRAM FSB Ratio CPU Cache L Code Cache KB L Data Cache TRIAL VERSION L Cache KB On-Die Full-Speed Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID -KM - - A LVF BC- Motherboard Name FIC AM PCI AGP DIMM Audio Video Chipset Properties Motherboard Chipset VIA VT ProSavageDDR KM Memory Timings - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS Command Rate CR TRIAL VERSION SPD Memory Modules DIMM ProMos Mosel Vitelic V K SATG-D MB PC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM ProMos Mosel Vitelic V K SATG-D TRIAL VERSION BIOS Properties System BIOS Date Video BIOS Date Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v PG Award BIOS Message Copyright by Hewlett Packard Company Rev AM DMI BIOS Version AM Graphics Processor Properties Video Adapter VisionTek Radeon X GPU Code Name RV AGP x Rev GPU Clock MHz original TRIAL VERSION MHz overclock Memory Clock MHz original MHz overclock nbsp

A:No overclock options?

Not likely. To my knowledge, your system or board does not overclock at all.
Relevancy 21.93%

i had to do a paper and its really long. i saved it as Xml as usual and it has been fine. i opened it to make some final fixes and it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>
<w:wordDocument xmlns:w="" xmlns:number="urnasis:names:tcpendocument:xmlns:datastyle:1.0" xmlns:w10="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice: word" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882" xmlns:aml="" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com: office: office"
thats only a little bit of it. please tell me how to get it back to normal!
sorry about the smiles

A:Help with word document!

Retrieve in it word, then watch the box at the bottom of the screen as you file or save it as a .doc file, then review the ?xml info.

The Document Object Model (DOM) class is an in-memory representation of an XML document. The DOM allows you to programmatically read, manipulate, and modify an XML document. The XmlReader class also reads XML, however it provides non-cached, forward-only, read-only access. This means that there are no capabilities to edit the values of an attribute or content of an element, or the ability to insert and remove nodes with the XmlReader. Editing is the primary function of the DOM. It is the common and structured way that XML data is represented in memory, although the actual XML data is stored in a linear fashion when in a file or coming in from another object.
There is plenty of useful information on xml documents and file structure in the Microsoft knowledge base, or even with a Google search.
Relevancy 27.09%

Note This is I what If my anything? options? Have fried are so, my first attempt at computer building so forgive me if I sound a tad noobish Here are my main components -GIGABYTE GA-P -DS L Motherboard -XCLIO GOODPOWER W PSU -Intel Core Duo E -G SKILL GB DDR SDRAM -XFX GeForce GT XXX Here s the story When I first installed my parts I d completely forgotten to install the standoffs The motherboard was slightly bent because I had firmly screwed the motherboard to the case After the computer did not boot I found a solution which was to lighten the tension of the screws greatly then to push on the main power Have I fried anything? If so, what are my options? connector firmly When I pushed the main power connector firmly in the motherboard s connector the computer immediately booted up and I was able to release the force completely as the computer ran The computer was able to install my OS without a hitch and I was able to have full functionality over the computer The only way I could restart the computer manually at that point was to press the power button then to re-push on the main power connector again The power button did not turn the computer on only off After about two hours I decided to restart the computer one more time This time when I proceeded to push the main power connector back in a semi-loud pop was Have I fried anything? If so, what are my options? emitted from the computer and yellow sparks flew out from the general area of the main power connector After this the computer s fans PSU fan case fans CPU heatsink fan GFX card fan would still work perfectly but there would be no signal sent to my monitor Also there was no sound emitted from my motherboard I removed every component and inspected each but I could not find any marks or missing transistors etc whatsoever on any of the components Relieved I reassembled the computer I still did not know anything about standoffs at the time I reassembled All of the fans would work for about a second then shut off The only way these fans would even work was to again push on the main power connectors Panicked I looked for any way to remedy this problem It was at that point I learned of standoffs I reassembled the computer again with standoffs in place At this point the power button was the trigger for the starting of the fans which I would assume is good gt gt Yet the problem of the fans working for one second only persisted I have tried booting with barebones and clearing the CMOS to no avail So my questions to you guys are Is something fried a If something is fried what is are it they What are my options Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Have I fried anything? If so, what are my options?

Hi zomgness,

You can post your system specs directly in Edit Profile, to avoid re-posting them on future threads.

Now, what have you done! This is where the manual would have helped, plus some hardware experience, but oh well done now.

The pop, seems to have come from the motherboard, but I'd also be very concerned about your Power Supply and also the CPU.

The best option is to remove the motherboard and Bench Test and start swapping parts, until you find the problem(s).

Assuming you have extra computer parts, if not, you may need to go to your local computer tech shop. But all in all, you have killed the computer, probably M/board

Good for learning, not so good on the money to fix it. Please refer to your computer manual in future.
Relevancy 26.23%

2 questions really... Is it hard to replace the fan/heatsink on the card? Is it done? If so, what kind of fan/heatsink am I looking for?
I'm planning to overclock it, not severely, just slightly if any.
Did some scouring on the forums and some searching, couldnt find an answer so anything that will lead me in the right direction would be awesome.

A:Aftermarket Cooling options for EVGA GeForce8800GTS (G92) 512mb

At this point I'm going to say finding an after market cooler should be fairly easy, but I don't have an example yet.

The review.

The product. but not in stock at Newegg at the moment.
Relevancy 26.23%

just finished making my new system four days ago and it ran fine... until i decided to overclock my q6600 at first i clocked it from 2.66 to 3.0 then looked at the temperature and there was no change, i then booted and it ran fine all the way to XP, so i decided to then go for 3.2 and thats where things went pear shaped, i am now unable to get past the motherboard options menu and plus i get no response from the options so i cant even get to boot menu. any help? oh and im running a gigabyte s-series mothrboard

A:PC not loading past motherboard options menu

assuming you OC'd from the Bios, just clear th CMOS by means of the Jumper on the Mobo. But be sure to unplug it.
Relevancy 21.07%

I just acquirred a Compaq/Hp laptop model nc8230, This was bought on Ebay in the USA and posted to me in the UK. This was bought with other laptops and all was fine except this one has a bios password. I think it is one of the newer type bios security because unplugging the bios battery for hours on end doesn't get rid of the power-on bios password.

As soon as you switch it on, you get a blue box with the legend
"Embedded Password Security" with the picture of a key. You get 3 tries to get it right before you have to power down, the power-on again to have another go. There has to be a backdoor password here, but I can't guess it. I am desperated to get this machine running .

Can anybody out there help?

A:Bios Power-on Pass Word On Compaq / Hp Nc8230

Hello; Sorry to bother you but i read your post in regards to the laptop you had/have with the locked bios, i was wondering if you had found the backdoor pswd for it... i am stuck with the same problem you have/had and need some help.

If you would be so kind as to tell me where you found the pswd or even provided me with it, that would be awesome. Bought the laptop on ebay from a liquidator and they have no clue as to what the pswd is.

Relevancy 27.09%

I read a couple of threads from last year about a problem I have which started this weekend Machine made loud noise fan running I unplugged it Machine booted up but keyboard wouldn t work rebooted - machine will not start I called E machines and they insisted T2692 Fixing a Options? - it was PSU I mentioned I had heard that the MBO might be gone also They insisted they didn t have issues and it was PSU I received PSU today walked through getting it in machine with E machines probably would have been better off just doing it myself And lo and behold it still doesn t work Green light comes on but nothing else I am guessing this means MBO My question how do you test for this Do I Fixing a T2692 - Options? need to take it to a techie I am more of a software guy although I have a very small amount of hardware stuff Has there been any further action against E machines for what seems like a known issue After I received a StarTech ATX WATT Replacement ATX Power Supply which did not resolve the issue I read some more of the forums here My guess is that power supply should be Watt or above and I should not have bought it from E Machines As I have a second I would like to know what my next steps should be I have a lot of info on the first HD and even though I am in IT software and Project Management I have been very bad at backing up Should I put the HD in the second machine to get data off of it Upgrade the PS and MOBO in the second one Is the StarTech above good enough Any suggestions ideas would be appreciated Thanks Beekski nbsp

A:Fixing a T2692 - Options?

Yes the Startech PS should be good enough. As long as the 2 T2692's are identical you should be able to boot with the drive that has what you need to save
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I got an GTS and new power gfx getting gfx uninstalling integrated card new when Trouble supply to go with it because my old PSU was W Since I ve never done any changes more complicated than adding memory and switching gfx cards I tried to install the power sup without anyone else s help - it didn t look too hard I installed the power supply put in Trouble uninstalling integrated gfx when getting new gfx card the new gfx card - booted and then LAG It lagged like holy hell I didn t remove the intel integrated graphics blush but tried installing the new driver software and it told me I didn t Trouble uninstalling integrated gfx when getting new gfx card have vista bit where I most certainly do I just started back and removed the and then booted with the integrated card and atm I m trying to get the driver uninstalled for the thingy that came with it Whenever I go to the device manager display adapters and right click or double click the integrated card I have it freezes up Help nbsp

A:Trouble uninstalling integrated gfx when getting new gfx card

turn off and unplug computer. Remove the 8800 GTS card. Turn on computer. disable the integrated graphic card. Turn off and unplug computer. Insert the new graphic card. Turn on computer. Vista should detect the new card and possibly ask or it might just go ahead and download the required drivers.

nevermind I see you already tried that.......What is the 6150 thingy? Is that the integrated graphic card? Have you tried disabling the integrated graphic via BIOS?
Relevancy 26.66%

MoBo: nvidia 680i chipset mother board
HDs: 4x 400Gb Samsung

When I build it I couldn't create a bootable raid due to the lack of a floppy drive and having no working machine to help, I was also keen to get working so I installed windows on one hard drive leaving the other 3.

I have since come back setting them up as a bootable raid and created a slipstream windows cd with the nvidia drivers that works very well.

My problem is that on the bios raid setup it only shows the 3 remaining disks. I also want to include the disk I've already installed windows on (well aware I will lose all data on it.) How can I make it appear in the list to include it in a raid array?

A:In use drive missing from RAID options.

Is that disk plugged into a RAID port?

When you set up your computer before, then you probably created a RAID0 or JBOD "array" that contains only one drive. Delete this.
Relevancy 26.23%

I m looking to get a video card for my pc I currently use the Onboard Video card so I m not sure what it is I would like to spend no more than I would like to have s-video and or dvi plugs as well I usuallly play FFXI and just want the best I can get in graphics for my budget Anderson video gaming at pci-e for options) (or Looking other card upgrade Greenvile South Carolina USA is my location Motherboard - MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Model - MS- Graphic interface - AGP version I m assuming that means PCI Express Looking at pci-e video card (or other options) for gaming upgrade Memory - DDR bytes Dual channels CPU - AMD Sempron CPU Speed - MHz Power Supply Make Model - Color Cases SZ- WPA Watt output Amperage - watt v a If there are other options someone may see that I can improv eon my pc for gaming in the budget please let me know but I do plane on getting another processor AMD and more RAM GB DDR cause I thinks thats the max for my MB in the future I just want a upgrade that I can see for now I hope to hear from you all soon and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Looking at pci-e video card (or other options) for gaming upgrade

I think AGP version 3.0 is 8x AGP

I just looked up your mother board you do have pci-e
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a LanParty UT mobo, great board, no problems. However, I have the pins for the USB block on the back of my PC and a second set of pins for the front set of USB ports. However, I have a 5 in 1 USB card reader that requires pins but no 3rd set of pins on the mobo to connect. Anyone have any suggestions on how to expand USB connections (meaning pins as I can't use a hub).

A:USB Mobo Expansion Options

If you have a free PCI slot on the motherboard, you can install a PCI USB card that comes with internal pins.
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a Dell XPS Intel Core processorQ with MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX and X-Fi PCI Sound Card The Bose to PC 321 Options computer is located upstairs I have a Bose - - connected to a Sony HDTV downstairs I have a wired network available between upstairs downstairs as well as wireless network I don t want to run any new cables from the PC to the Bose HDTV I want to view video from the PC on the HDTV streaming or from hard drive I want to listen to music from the PC on the Bose streaming or hard PC to Bose 321 Options drive I don t need to watch listen to anything originating from the Bose TV on the computer just one-way from computer to Bose TV What are my options for marrying-up the two systems I d rather use the wired network than any wireless options but I suppose wireless would be ok also I appreciate any advise you can offer Thanks for your help nbsp
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a desktop running windows 2000 connected to a wireless router with ethernet. I also have a laptop running windows xp connected to the router wirelessly. The each can access the internet perfectly fine...but how do I access the desktop from the laptop. How do I print from the laptop on the printer connected to the desktop. Please help....I have been looking for hours on how to do this and have found no solution.

A:network wireless laptop(xp) with desktop(2000) through wireless router?

you can do a remote desktop connection, provided that you enable it on both machines. you'll need the DNS names of both machines, btw.
Relevancy 26.23%

Greetings I am hoping some of you folks around here could help me out with some of my x-mas shopping I would like to upgrade my husbands computer he is currently running on MB of ram and I would like to boost that up for him I read ram Vaio Good options? Sony PCV-RX860, online a little about Sony Vaio PCV-RX860, Good ram options? some of my options and ran into this The Sony Vaio PCV-RX uses PC- type memory and has bank s of socket s each for a Sony Vaio PCV-RX860, Good ram options? total of memory socket s The Sony Vaio PCV-RX comes standard with MB of RAM and supports up to GB of RAM Choose from the memory modules listed above for Sony Vaio PCV-RX860, Good ram options? guaranteed compatible upgrades for your Sony Vaio PCV-RX This is what the ram slots look like inside his PC Now this article states that I can only upgrade up to GB of ram At Bestbuy I would like to order him this PNY - -Pack GB PC - DDR Memory But I don t know if this is compatible with his PC or if it is if it will even fit work My greatest thanks to anywho who can help me out I would like to order this item soon before its too late nbsp

A:Sony Vaio PCV-RX860, Good ram options?

The ram you want to order most definately will not work.
Relevancy 26.23%

I want to buy a write-protect USB drive. Any storage is ok but it should be write-protected. Which company flash drives are the best? Please advise.

Thank you.

A:Needed to buy a write protect USB drive. Please advise options.

try commercial grade Sandisk read writes 2 mill
write protect?? I don't know
Relevancy 22.79%

Best Gaming Laptop- $1000-$1300

Hey, recently my friend has been thinking about buying a new gaming laptop, and his budget is around 1000-1300 dollars. He isn't really expecting much at all from that price range, but if at all possible he would like to be able to play games like UT3, Gears of War, and Bioshock at High or maybe even max graphics. Any suggestions?

A:Best Gaming Laptop- $1500-$2000

Just look for maximum memory (2-3GB), big hard drive (100GB +), fast processor (3GHz+) and good graphics capability, in the price range you posted. There are AlienWare laptops that are built for gaming but they are very pricey $$$
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello this is not a questiom it s pleny informative because i m boring I m about to confirm the posibility of overclock an AMD Athlon socket on a ECS Kv Extreme motherboard from the initial mhz to mhz without liquid freeze or similar only stock fan On full load it reaches degrees on idle with AMD C amp Q activated on windows xp The trick is to set an divider into the memory controller changing from the initial mhz DDR to mhz DDR and setting up the system bus speed from the initial mhz to mhz Cpu runs Mhz and memory mhz DDR a little over the nominal speed mhz DDR I have x Kingstom value ram ddr Needed to say that if u have SATA drives you must to lock the AGP clock in mhz for not allow system bus overclock to overclock the AGP clock don t know why but the AGP bus clock uses 2500 sucess ECS 64 KV2 AMD 2000 @ overclocking from Extreme 3200+ to the same clock than SATA overclocking AMD 64 3200+ @ ECS KV2 Extreme from 2000 to 2500 sucess bus clock No more to say if anyone wants mora information I will help nbsp
Relevancy 28.81%

hi good am i hav a problem with my laptop i needed storage space so i started deleting programs thru add-remove-programs in control panel one of them was winamp which advised me to restart my computer which i failed to do because i wanted to uninstall remove more programs before restarting once and for all after removing more programs i finally restarted my computer since then my speakers stopped working shutting down and restarting makes a sound as if speakers are turned on off physically but it doesn t sound for wave files and any music files as it used to pc specs compaq presario sound (did after immediately) uninstalling wimamp no not reboot amd duron processor mb ram runs on win xp home edition i checked the ff volume not muted sound driver enabled and working properly AC VIA Audio i tried to replace update the sound driver with a new one from the internet with Vinyl AC Audio WAVE but it didn t work don t know what no sound after uninstalling wimamp (did not reboot immediately) to do next please help nbsp

A:no sound after uninstalling wimamp (did not reboot immediately)

Well. Removing Winamp isn't what killed your sound, and removing without rebooting didn't do it either.

Check your Device Manager and see if you can see your sound card in there. Also be on the lookout for any question marks. I suspect somehow you removed your sound card driver. I'm not sure why your attempt at reinstalling the driver didn't work though, maybe you accidentally got the wrong one? What model number is that presario? Perhaps one of us can find the correct driver for you.
Relevancy 21.07%

I just bought a new Flash Drive, and i found a problem. I copy and paste all my files from my old usb. When i try to open the word documents that i saved, it opens and then it says That the file need converting (encoding), but after i encode it, it just come out blocky not letters. Why is this happening? When i try to open it in my other USB it works...

A:Flash Drive - Word Documents become corrupted need encoding!

Did you remove the new USB drive properly after copying the files? Using the "safely remove hardware" feature? If you unplug the drive while copying files or somethimes even when the copy dialog has closed, you will corrupt data.

Are you using the same computer for opening the files from your old and the new USB drive?
Relevancy 22.79%

I want to set up a server to manage computers but I can t seem to find a tutorial that will tell me what I need to know with out bombarding me cannot server a win 2000 I tutorial/ find with information I really don t need to know So I was wondering if someone from this site would be able to make a tutorial or would know where to find a tutorial in plain english I will list I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000 out what the server needs to do and then maybe someone could reply with what I need to do or where I need to go to get the information The server needs To run Windows server Got the CD for it and I want to keep it cheep Manage computers Make user accounts so people can log into each of the computers Use a wireless router to connect to the computers although the server is connected to the router by a cable To be able to run dedicated game servers I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000 I don t know if this is possible but if the computers were able to use the Cd drives on the server as if they where there own it would be really usefully By the way the computers are x Win XP and x Win XP both are pro versions nbsp

A:I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000

For 2 and 3 you need to set up the server as a domain controller. Everything else is already included.

As for setting up something like this and managing it the future without taking the effort to learn how it works..
Relevancy 19.78%

I can ping these two machines yet on my laptop, in my network places i cannot see my home pc or my laptop in the workgroup. On my home pc i can see my home pc in the workgroup. All firewalls are off that I know too.

Is there a setting on my laptop stopping it joining the workgroup. Because it is not in the workgroup, i guess that is why my home pc cannot detect it.

When i search for computers nothing is detected, yet when i search for "laptop" it finds it in my workgroup. Yet no symbol is showing.

I want the connection purely for file transfer.

Static IP address are ok, for hom pc and for laptop.
Workgroup is same on both machines.

Really Really Frustrated now!

Can anyone please try to help.

PS. My laptop was setup for a network at my office originally, but I don't see how that matters?

A:Networking home pc running XP pro with laptop running Win 2000

This has to be the most asked question,

First get identical accounts on the XP and 2k, such as user with a password of user.
Turn off simple file sharing on the XP machine, its Explorer \Tools \Folder Options \View drag the bar to the bottom and untick simple file sharing.

Ensure both machines are in the same workgroup, this is found in XP by right clicking my computer on the desktop and choosing properties then choose computer name then click change, by default XP Pro and 2K use "Workgroup" but XP Home uses MSHOME for some strange reason, to change the work group in 2K right click my computer choose properties, choose network Identification, properties.

Then share the folders you want access to by opening explorer and right click the folder and choose sharing, follow the tabs

reboot the PC's and that should do you.

I always check by doing this

start run "\\machinename\c$
this attempts to connect to the admin string of the PC, this share is always present and means you dont have to worry about sharing individual folders.

If this works congratulate yourself for being clever and have a large Rum and coke and a Cigar.

If not post back and someone cleverer than me will help..