Windows Support Forum

Works 7.0 Database report current date

Q: Works 7.0 Database report current date

Please can anyone tell me how I can place the current date in a report generated by Works 7.0 database programme?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Works 7.0 Database report current date

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Works 7.0 Database report current date

"&d" or "&n" (no quotes) in the Header or Footer. Prefix with "&l" or "&r" if you don't want it centred.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-7-0-database-report-current-date.311719/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm wondering whether I can filter by date.

My case: I want to make a database filter that only shows coupons that haven't expired yet and also haven't been used yet. I can deal with the used part, but I need a formula type thing that lets me only show coupons whose expiration dates > today's date.

Is this possible? Or would I need access?

A:Works 7.0 Database Date Function in filter?

Field Name e.g. "Expiry".

Comparison ; is greater than or equal to.

Compare to ; INT(NOW())

In Formula View,

='Expiry'>=INT(NOW())

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-7-0-database-date-function-in-filter.216311/
Relevancy 69.66%

hello to everybody

I need batch code to check if date is modified in three files and that date should be compared with current date (%date%).If so,do some job,otherwise quit (exit /b)

I found a bunch of solutions but what troubles me is date format.
On my machine it is dd.mm.yyyy

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 69.23%

I'm working on a spreadsheet that lists monthly recurring expenses. I have one cell on the sheet listing the current date (using the "=Now()" formula), but I'd like to have the other cells change at certain times throughout the month.

For example, if one cell currently says "April-15", when the actual date reads "April-16", the respective cell would change to "June-15". This way, whenever the spreadsheet is viewed the next recurring payment date will be seen.

I know this is the wrong tool for something like this - I'm using SharePoint at the office with a calendar list with workflows that shoot off emails in a much better put together format - but this is just for home use and I'd like to keep it all in one document if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Excel 2010: Cell Date Change with Current Date

The way I read it was that you have fixed recurring payment dates, so you just want to know the next date based on the day today. Hope the attached might assist.
You need to list the payment dates somewhere and then the formula looks up the next date. You might want to look up today plus 1 (or something) to reflect the fact that if the next payment date is today, there's a good chance you'll not get any unplanned payments on that run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-cell-date-change-with-current-date.1124125/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello. I have a cell on my spread sheet which calculates an earliest date due. The cell references other cells to achieve this and looks like this '=C51+(F8*7)' where cell C51 is a date field in the format DD/MM/CCYY and contains the date 26/12/2015. And cell F8 is a number field which contains the value '4'. This value '4' is indicating a number of weeks. So the calculation (F8*7) gets me the number of days and I then add those days to the date in cell C51 to get 23/01/2016.I want this cell to output the current date if the calculation above results in a date that is in the past. Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way to achieve this? Thank you.

A:Excel: Substitute a past date with the current date

If I understand you correctly, this should get you what you want:=IF("your calculation"< TODAY(),TODAY(),"your calculation")However, the TODAY() will update every day to always show the current date, assuming "your calculation" results in a date that is in the past.In other words, it will not lock in the first date it calculates. It will always display "today's" date.Is that what you want to see?One other issue: As explained at the link below, the TODAY() function is "volatile". That means that is will recalculate every time the sheet calculates, even if none of the arguments have changed. A large number of volatile functions can slow a worksheet down.https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...Volatile and Non-Volatile Functions

Excel supports the concept of a volatile function, that is,
one whose value cannot be assumed to be the same from one
moment to the next even if none of its arguments (if it
takes any) has changed. Excel reevaluates cells that contain
volatile functions, together with all dependents, every time
that it recalculates. For this reason, too much reliance on
volatile functions can make recalculation times slow. Use them
sparingly.

The following Excel functions are volatile:

NOW
TODAY
RAND
OFFSET
INDIRECT
INFO (depending on its arguments)
CELL (depending on its arguments)Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/excel-substitute-a-past-date-with-the-current-date/20169.html
Relevancy 63.21%

OBP, if you're around, the powers that be are changing the rules. I'm thinking either the current database needs modification or we might face the creation of a new database. I see a couple of tabs can be deleted that I haven't really used. Just let me know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modification-of-current-database.1158413/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All,

I have the following Copy Command which copies files from one location to another

XCOPY D:\Test C:\Test /i

Now i would like to have the files copied from D to C everyday based on the date for today, i googled around and found this one which is working fine

XCOPY D:\Test C:\Test /D:01-19-2015.

The thing here is i want the date to be automated as i would like to schedule a job for this one which would copy the files daily automated .

Can someone please help me with this?

PLease let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

A:How to get the current date automatically?

Hi sujith

try this
xcopy "D:\Test" "C:\Test %DATE:~7,2% %DATE:~4,2% %DATE:~-4%" /y /i /h /s /e

/s /e - recursive copy, including copying empty directories.
/h - copy system and hidden files.
/y - don't prompt before overwriting existing files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358868-how-get-current-date-automatically.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I knew it's possible but I did not know how. How can I put a date in the Word97 file so that every time I open the file, the date will change accordingly?

A:Current Date Ms Office97

Hi, Kok. Insert-Date and time, select update automatically.

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/current-date-ms-office97.37682/
Relevancy 60.2%

Dear all

I have Office 97 SR2 (I know it's old)

Do you know if the excel spreadsheet has a function that will display current date in a cell each time you open the file?

A:current date in cell

=NOW() is date & time
=TODAY() is date

from Off2000 but seem to recall Off97 used it also

click on the <i>fx</i> icon or use insert, function
date & time
cruise down the choices, see what you want

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/current-date-in-cell.85691/
Relevancy 60.2%

I need a small batch file to read and save my current date, then change the date to 1/6/2003, then run a program, when program ends then restore original date.
I managed most of it but cannot store date or restore.
Hope you can help, you should see the errors I get on internet when I forget to change the date back.
terry

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

I am trying to print a form I have open to a report. If I just create a print button it prints every record I have, I looked about and found this idea>

Private Sub Command56_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_Command56_Click

Dim stDocName As String

stDocName = "rptPatients"

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPatients", acViewPreview, , _
"[CaseNo]=Forms!frmPatients"

Exit_Command56_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_Command56_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_Command56_Click

End Sub

But when I click "print" the print preview shows a blank form and wil print it like that ?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Gus

Relevancy 59.77%

I have used XL to create a database of events. The first column is dates, and is formatted accordingly. I want to filter the list so that it does not show records having a date earlier than today's date (whatever that may be).

Could some kind person tell me how to achieve this ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/filter-xl-table-by-current-date.733907/
Relevancy 59.77%

I go to the same site every day, but the URL changes day-to-day with the current date string on the end of the URL. So my question is, when I add this site to my Favorites, is there a way I can customize the URL so that it updates with the current date?

If it's possible, I imagine it would look something like this:

="www.websiteblahblah.com/blah/" & Date.Now()

I highly doubt it, but is there any chance this is possible? Thanks for your help!

A:Dynamic IE Favorites - Use Current Date

No method to achieve that (that I'm aware of).

Does the website have a main page or home page where the URL does not change day-to-day? If yes, bookmark that. you can then navigate to the "dated" page from the home page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/dynamic-ie-favorites-use-current-date-673593.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have no way in fixing this problem spent all night hrs n hrs no results pls. Windows 8.1 Dell Laptop database is out of date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-1-database-out-of-date-help-me-fix.1130583/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to design a query where only records with the current date are printed. When I put &lt;Now() in the criteria of the query for some reason records with today’s date and less than today’s date are printed When I put &gt;Now() only records greater than are printed, when I put =Now() I get nothing. I would appreciate any input thanks.

A:ACCESS - Query base on current date

=NOW() means RIGHT NOW, not TODAY, which is what you want.

=today()

=now() is 10:29 EST on 10/3/2001 (at least right now it does, LOL)

=today() is 10/3/2001

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-query-base-on-current-date.54790/
Relevancy 58.91%

Is there a function that would allow me to display the current time and date in this format:

YYYY-MM-DD 13:24:00? I'm tired = Now() and =GetDate() but they dont seem to work. Thank you!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I´ve created a module in Access 2007 with renames a folder c:\finish\MyFolder to c:\finish\Renamed

I would like to change my code so the folder is renamed to the current date (DD-MM-YYYY)

How can I do this?!? here´s my code:
Code:
Sub ShowFileAccessInfo()
Dim fs, f, s
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set f = fs.Getfolder("C:\finish\MyFolder")

f.Name = "Renamed"
s = s & "New Name: " & f.Name & vbCrLf
s = s & "Created: " & f.DateCreated & vbCrLf
s = s & "Last Accessed: " & f.DateLastAccessed & vbCrLf
s = s & "Last Modified: " & f.DateLastModified

MsgBox s, 0, "File Access Info"

ShowFileAccessInfo_Exit:
End Sub
Tnx,
Wouter

A:Solved: Rename folder to current date

Hi there,

Change

Code:
f.Name = "Renamed"
To

Code:
f.Name = Format(VBA.Date(), "DD-MM-YYYY")

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-rename-folder-to-current-date.928536/
Relevancy 58.91%

Gregarious greetings I work as a NET Developer I work on a Windows PC that has Virtual PC Windows XP mode My C code in the Visual Studio Win app on the Virtual PC successfully bolds dates on a System Windows Forms MonthCalendar control based on certain logic that pertains to the data in the SQL Server table On the Virtual PC Windows XP mode when today's date the current date should be bolded and I run the app and open the MonthlyCalendar control the current day Windows OS MonthCalendar not bolding on date Current 7 Win in for -SEP- is shaded dark Current date on Windows MonthCalendar not bolding in Win 7 OS blue with the in white font and when I click to a different date the dark blue shading disappears and the becomes bolded in black like the other bolded dates for the month of September All is fine in the Windows XP mode When I install the installation file for this Windows application on the Windows I run the app and open the MonthCalendar control The for today -SEP- has a light blue shading and the has blue font that does not look bolded like the other black bolded dates in this month When I click to another Current date on Windows MonthCalendar not bolding in Win 7 OS date in this month the is not bolded like the other dark black bolded dates in this month I do not care at all about the Win XP differences in the shading of the current date and the differences of the color of the rectangle around the current date I do care though that in Windows the current date is not bolded when it should be I can provide the C code if desired but it would seem that my C code is not the problem since in Windows XP mode the current date is bolded when it should be and clearly appears as bold font whereas in Windows the current date is not bolded Please let me know if you want me to provide the C code There's C code in our Class file from which I am inheriting and that uses the System Windows Forms MonthCalendar control as well as in the file that retrieves data from the SQL Server table to determine if a date should be bolded and then bolds the date Yesterday the th of this month on Windows the on the MonthCalendar did not appear bolded while today it does So it seems that this problem on Windows is related to the current date I changed on Windows the current Areo Win theme to a couple of Basic themes Win Basic and Win Classic but this did not help the problem Changing the theme of course changed the way the MonthCalendar appears and the colors but it did not cause the current date to be bolded in my Windows application on Windows This MonthCalendar control has a property that allows me to remove the circle rectangle around the current date but removing that circle or rectangle around the current date does not help bold the current date on Windows I have been researching on the Internet to see if any other Developer Programmer has encountered this problem but have not found anybody who has Since it would seem that my C code is okay since it works on the Virtual PC Windows XP mode I thought that I would try to ask on a Windows forum in case maybe someone here has heard of such a problem I extend to you my appreciation in advance for considering my post Please let me know if I can provide further information Cordially Hviezdoslav

A:Current date on Windows MonthCalendar not bolding in Win 7 OS

In case this information will be helpful to anybody in the future, I finally determined the cause of the current date not bolding in Windows 7. I discovered the line of code that prevents the current date from bolding in Windows 7 even though the line of code does not prevent the current date from bolding in Virtual PC/Windows XP mode.

In the real Windows application, I searched for any code that might be the culprit and then tested in a lil? test application project. I used Visual Studio 2005 for my test application just as the real application was created in Visual Studio 2005. My review of the real app's code and my testing determined that when I comment out the following line of code in the real Windows app , the current date is bolded in Windows 7 whereas if I have this line of code the current date is not bolded in the System.Windows.Forms.MonthCalendar control in Windows 7:

this.calDate.MaxDate = System.DateTime.Today;

The name of the MonthCalendar control in this Windows app is calDate

Here is code from a lil? test app that shows how this line of code is the culprit. If you run the lil? test app with this line of code "this.monthCalendar1.MaxDate = System.DateTime.Today;" and then run the test app without this line of code on Windows 7, you will see that having this line of code prevents the current date from bolding on Windows 7. There is nothing in this Visual Studio 2005 project except a form and the MonthCalendar control on the form. There are no other controls on the form.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
namespace ToTestCurrentDateBolding

{

publicpartialclassForm1 : Form

{
public Form1()

{

Application.EnableVisualStyles();
InitializeComponent();
this.monthCalendar1.MaxDate = System.DateTime.Today;
this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Form1_Load);

}
privatevoid Form1_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{

//Now I have added in this test project to set the MaxDate of the calendar control
//to current date to see if this affects the bolding of the current date on Windows 7.
//In our real app, we set the MaxDate to System.DateTime.Today.
//Using the following code, on Windows XP mode the current date is bolded still.
//On Windows 7, the current date is NOT bolded.
//SO HAVING THE LINE OF CODE "this.monthCalendar1.MaxDate = System.DateTime.Today;" IS
//THE REASON WHY THE CURRENT DATE IS NOT BOLDED IN WINDOWS 7!!! When I remove
//the line of code "this.monthCalendar1.MaxDate = System.DateTime.Today;" the
//current date IS BOLDED in Windows 7.
DateTime dt = DateTime.Now;
monthCalendar1.AddBoldedDate(dt);
monthCalendar1.UpdateBoldedDates();

//The following code works on BOTH Windows 7 and Windows XP mode
//when the Max Selection Count is the default 7 for the MonthCalendar
//control. I am trying this code when I change the Max Selection Count
//to 1 since this is the Maximum Selection Count in our real Windows application.
//With Max Selection Count set to 1, the current date is bolded on Windows XP mode.
//With Max Selection Count set to 1, on Windows 7 the current date DOES show as bold.
//DateTime dt = DateTime.Now;
//monthCalendar1.AddBoldedDate(dt);
//monthCalendar1.UpdateBoldedDates();
//This bolds the current date in Virtual PC/Windows XP mode.
//This ALSO bolds the current date in Windows 7.
//This code works on both Windows 7 and Virtual PC/Windows XP mode
//when I do NOT have the line of code Application.EnabledVisualStyles().
//monthCalendar1.AddBoldedDate(dt);
//monthCalendar1.UpdateBoldedDates();

//When I DO have the line of code Application.EnabledVisualStyles(),
//this code does bold current date in Windows XP mode AND
//this code DOES bold the current date in Windows 7.
//mo... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186464-current-date-windows-monthcalendar-not-bolding-win-7-os.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to create job status sheet, and I want the current date to show whenever a cell or row is added.

For example, If I put a job number in B2, I want the date(year, month, day) to show in cell A2 automatically. The IF formula is only formula I can think to use.

A:Solved: Using the IF formula to show current date

Just put the formula =Now() in the target cell. And each time the worksheet will be recalculated the formula will be updated, so no need in and if function.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-the-if-formula-to-show-current-date.872107/
Relevancy 58.91%

I tried several different sort by date items and not sorts by the date the actual file was added to the folder.

A:How to sort by date added to current folder

File Explorer Columns - Add or Remove in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24544-how-sort-date-added-current-folder.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an Access database built to caputer a set of data. I would like to build a report that give me statistics on that data. Such as a count of all the records taht have "male" in the sex field and a count of all the different races taht can be entered. I just can't see to build the report without listing all of the records on teh report.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I need help to sort data and create a database template that generates and Report Database tracking Training these - sorts Training Report and Database tracking name Alphabetically macro - main Name Sheet Training sheets - main sheet - sorts by date i m not sure if its better to put in ALL staff s name or just the ones who went for training so far - how will I know who went for what training - how will I know department X s employees has gone for how many training so far separate sheets for individual department - generates budget allocated and budget utilised - how will I know for course X who are the participants I have sample of the Macro based excel sheets but this was a sample from someone else and too complex some details I dont think I need which I ve been trying to figure out how to use for the raw data i have but im stumped Once the macro is run the other sheets are visible I m a bit new and need this quite urgently help most greatly appreciated Raw data name ID Grade Dept Training category functional leadership Course Name trainer s name Date Venue Cost Budget Allocated Utilised Budget The sheet labled Copy of Database is the current data that was given to me nbsp

A:Training Report and Database tracking

Hi,
I can see why your post has remained unanswered, many have viewed it (200+). This not something that can be answered in two lines.
This requires a study and and you will need to me more explicit with what is expected from you in your company.
You will need to sit down and write down the exact requirements and then also analyse the data that is given you.
You'll have to make a small project of it and take some time to evaluate all you have and how you need it to be presented.
I just took a quick look at the data you furnished and this has told me enough, needs time and understanding of it all before an answer can be given that will help you along.

If you have a table with the courses followed, then yes all the names of the persons that followed them should be there.
You have a total overview of all personell with a unique code so use this as your data source.
Remember that you should duplicate as little data as possible to keep general maintenance as simple as possible. This will also make updating anb refreshing data simple.

You've got some homework to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/training-report-and-database-tracking.1090700/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am using Windows Home Edition OS with MS Word To insert the date automatically in a letter the Word date Automatically Solved: MS in current inserting help file gives the following instruction To automatically insert the current date Type the first four characters of the current date For example type febr for February Microsoft Word displays the current month quot February quot Press ENTER to insert the month and then type a space Word displays the current date for example quot February quot or quot February quot Press ENTER to insert the entire date Note If the current date is not displayed you may need to turn on the AutoComplete feature On the Insert menu point to AutoText and then click AutoText Select the Show AutoComplete suggestions Solved: Automatically inserting current date in MS Word check box However all I can get it to do after following all of the above instructions is to insert the month When I type a space nothing happens Am I missing something Thanks in advance for your help Brian nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I am using following batch file for cleaning the desktop and also for taking backup of desktop echo off set curr date file? How current to folder date batch a using create DATE - DATE - DATE mkdir quot USERPROFILE My Documents backup curr date backup quot xcopy quot USERPROFILE Desktop quot quot USERPROFILE My Documents backup curr date backup quot D S H V C F K Y for d r quot USERPROFILE Desktop quot x in do rd s q quot x quot for r quot USERPROFILE Desktop quot x in do del f quot x quot copy quot USERPROFILE My Documents backup How to create a current date folder using batch file? curr How to create a current date folder using batch file? date backup lnk quot quot USERPROFILE Desktop quot del q quot USERPROFILE My Documents backup curr date backup lnk quot In the first line I am creating a folder with current date e g curr date backup Second copying the contents of Desktop to the newly created folder Third deleting directories from the desktop Forth deleting files from the desktop fifth Copy back all the shortcuts to the desktop sixth deleting all the shortcuts from Current date folder This batch file is working perfectly in Windows XP It works in win also but the problem is that the name of the current date folder created by first command is quot Desktop quot when I use command prompt to check the name the name is correct I checked the properties of the folder the correct is there also But in windows the name doesn't match with the expected one I need help Kindly tell me what's going on why window is showing directory name as quot Desktop quot Is there any other way for creating folder in win using batch file thanks

A:How to create a current date folder using batch file?

Works for me, at least the first two commands work as advertised.

test.bat
set curr_date=%DATE:~10,4%-%DATE:~4,2%-%DATE:~7,2%
echo %curr_date%"

mkdir "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\backup\%curr_date%_backup"
dir "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\backup"

Quote:
C:\Users\xxxxxxx>set curr_date=2011-11-21

C:\Users\xxxxxxx>echo 2011-11-21"
2011-11-21"

C:\Users\xxxxxxx>mkdir "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\My Documents\backup\2011-11-21_backup"

C:\Users\xxxxxxx>dir "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\My Documents\backup"
Volume in drive C is D370_C
Volume Serial Number is C89E-70E8

Directory of C:\Users\xxxxxxx\My Documents\backup

11/21/2011 01:30 PM <DIR> .
11/21/2011 01:30 PM <DIR> ..
11/21/2011 01:30 PM <DIR> 2011-11-21_backup
0 File(s) 0 bytes
3 Dir(s) 28,082,577,408 bytes free

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198545-how-create-current-date-folder-using-batch-file.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello. I am using access to track what classes part-time professors at a college teach each term. My boss wants a report on the last term they taught. I have about 400 records, and the each term I have the amount of credits they have taught each term - That is how I know if they taught that term or not. I need to build a query that looks at those records and tells me the last one that is greater than 0. Or is that something I should export into a spreadsheet and build it there? Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

I have created a database for a monthly report. We have finished the first year and would like to compare last year's monthly totals with this year's monthly totals. Month by month. =(2001Totals-2000Totals)/2000Totals I would like to include this in the 2001 Summary report...just adding a column to the current report. The more I read, the more confused I become. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,
D Long

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all. I'm new in here. I am currently working on access97, and am having hard time trying to have Access97 automatically add current date/time to database, that way the operator wouldn't have to add date every time. How can I do this simple trick? I've searched in Access97's help assistant and that paperclip didn't meet my specific need. Thanks for your help in advance.
Scott

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

My AVG Free Edition 7.1.362.267.12.7/155 11/01/2005 10:30:00 PM says my internal virus database is out of date and it's been like that for about a week. I've upated my AVG and it is set to update daily anyways. I have even tried uninstalling AVG and re-installing it but it still happens. Is my computer protected? Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks

A:avg internal virus database out of date and can't update

Have you tried to manually install the updates? Read this for more info:

http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?1,27796,backpage=,sv=

Jag

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-internal-virus-database-out-of-date-and-cant-update.413101/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there I have been having a problem with quot system restore quot the last few days as I had uninstalled NAV which created some problems which have since been fixed thanks to you guys Anyhow i have been looking to try to do System restore a prior dates... only current not shows date, a quot system restore quot as since this problem with the removal of NAV I have lost my internet connection System REstore had disappeared but i have since found it it only shows a current date date which is after my computer messed up so i don t expect that it will fix my internet System restore only shows a current date, not prior dates... connection problem I have wireless internet D-link and the computer that is messed up is the one without the router attached to it It shows a strong signal but no internet connection Any thoughts I guess i have issues in this thread Please let me know if you would like for me to split these up Thanks again for all your help so far nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I need to set up a query that pulls information matching a certain date of the current month and year. I'm not sure about the syntax. Someone help please?

Relevancy 57.62%

I created a database that outputs the report to a text file on the c:\ drive. The text file is a simple list of two fields that is combined via a querey. The problem is the file is read by a second application that can not have blank lines but when the file is created, access is inserting several blank lines at varying points throughout the file.

Any Suggestions?

Relevancy 57.19%

I need help trying to come up with a formula to calculate the sum of values (row 3), for the previous Friday to Yesterday's date i.e. Wed would sum Friday to Tuesday; Thursday would sum Friday to Wed...and Monday would sum Friday to Sunday.

My example is not posting correctly...but essentially Row 1 has Day headers (Monday, Tuesday, etc.); Row 2 has the actual date that corresponds with day header (3/7/2011, 3/8/2011, etc.); Row 3 has the values that I am wanting to sum according to criteria mentioned above. So for TODAY, 3/9/2011, I would like to sum the values of Friday, 3/4/2011, through Yesterday, Tuesday, 3/8/2011...and so on...
Greatly appreciated!

A:MS Excel 2007: Formula needed for sum of values from Friday to current date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-excel-2007-formula-needed-for-sum-of-values-from-friday-to-current-date.985082/
Relevancy 56.33%

WORKS SPREADSHEET QUESTION I m trying to figure out a way to use it to catalog my collection of RPM records but am stumped Basically I Works Database want to be able to sort them by record company or title or artist each data field think that s what its called -- I m totally unfamiliar with spreadsheets would contain at minimum something like this but would have room to expand a field if needed to get more data into it re a disc or the performer s DISC TITLE quot Espagnol Waltz quot Performed Works Database By Works Database Samuel Siegel Instrument Mandolin with Piano accompaniment Recorded Probably May Company Victor Talking Machine Company Label Master Take If known Comments Disc title is announced as quot Waltz Espagnol Mandolin Solo by Mister Samuel Siegel quot On some disc s the master take field may have to letters amp numbers in it But I cant get enough column width to type the info into A thru K amp have came to a stop nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I am working on a database for our Ambulance Company. One of the fields I am having trouble with is writing a formula to calculate response times when time enters another day.

Example, we use military time therefrore, 23:59:00 would be 11:59 pm. If we run the call till 00:10:00 ( 12:10 AM) the formula I have written ( = Arrival Time - Responding Time) gives me an invalid time because it doesn't recoginize I have gone past the current day into the next day.

Please help me figure out how to formulate this field.

Thank You.

Brett F. Murphy,
Paramedic Supervisor

Warsaw - Lincoln Ambulance District

A:Works Database

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Working With Overtime Hours In Excel will show you how to write the formula in Excel.

It should work in in Works, but am unsure, as I do not use Works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database.103140/
Relevancy 56.33%

Can anyone tell me how to set the print area in "Database"? I want to print a form which shows lots of names down the first column, and then has a blank "Signature " column next to it, but with horizontal gridlines to take their signatures.

When I look on "Print Preview" it only shows the "Names" column, and I can't get it to print a column next to it. If I remember corectly, there is a facility in Excel for this, but I can't find it in the Database application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

First time try. MS 98, Works database, MS Word file with a zillion names,addresses,ph#s,ect. I copy a name in Word, try to paste into a cell in d/b, I get "<picture>" in the cell, not the info I copied. Ive read the help files in Works, the archives in here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Andy

Relevancy 56.33%

How can I export records in database to print mailing labels? or get the database to print them?

A:Works database

don't have works anymore (like a looong time ago) but since it's an Office-Lite product hopefully there's some similarities

maybe try the help feature for:
mail merge
labels
etc

in the database and word processing software (it's likely the same help file, so it may not matter)

here's the detailed FAQ page and
here's one about works 3 and creating labels

sounds fairly similar to the office procedures

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database.60050/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Job Cost Database and
I have two questions about printing a report with a certain date range.
1. Data up to 7 years old.
2. Is it possible to set up a criteria that if there are more then 5 entries for a phase then it will only print the Data up to 7 years old? On some of the phases we only have a couple of entries and they are older then 7 years old but we need that to stay in there.
Sure hope this makes sense.
Thanks for your expertise

A:Printing a report with a date range

You can select data between the current date and 7 years before that date.
I am not certain that you can do the second part with Criteria, as I don't think it is possible to limit the records for a Single phase without applying it to all the others

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-a-report-with-a-date-range.1022102/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm using Works 2000 V.5 on 98SE. Want to retain grid lines when printing Also would like to create a custom form- none of the examples are useful.

A:Works 2000 database

I have that version, there's doesn't seem to be that option. As an alternative, try selecting the records and applying left -- right -- top -- bottom borders (via Format -- Border).

EDIT: my mistake ; File -- Page Setup -- Other Options.

By "custom form", do you mean an input form, like Access? Don't know, will look it up.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-2000-database.310858/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I try to format a Feils, the program crashes. Downloaded KB933828, but it won't load. PaintShop Pro says it isn't a "valid MSP file".

Someone suggested that Works 9 works better on a Vista Home Premium machine.

Is that true?

Bob

http://www.vistax64.com/software/168839-ms-works-database-crashes.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I want to create a database of Asteroids with extensive information in one or more fields but I can't figure out how to expand the fields to allow this. On my dinosaur Tandy the database I had would create records just like index cards. I loved it. Any idea what I need to do? I've already tried the help and clicking everywhere.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.479724/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an address Works printing... Database book in the MS Works database which I use for mailing Christmas cards Using the quot older quot versions of Works it was very easy to set up the printing of envelopes in a batch process then just stuff in the Christmas cards amp lick the stamps I don t remember what the older version number was that enabled envelope printing as I have since sold my older computer Now that I have upgraded to a newer version of MS Works Ver I find that I cannot figure out how to print envelopes from the same database which I have imported to this PC Not only that but there is no Works Database printing... option in all the tabs for quot envelopes quot as there is in the earlier versions of Works My question is is there some work around or secret that I am missing here or has MS screwed up again and left that option out in the newer versions BTW my wife s laptop has version of MS Works and there is no envelope printing in that one either nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database-printing.334516/
Relevancy 55.9%

Been using Works for years and have never had this happen before. If I make a change in the database and try to SAVE, the program just closes, no error message. I re-open and the changes obviously have reverted to original state. I have run AdAWare, Spybot, AVG is up to date and runs nightly and am clean. I reinstalled MSWorks (just over the old program) and thought it was fixed, but now it is doing it again. Very frustrating Yes, I do get the message about more than 500 fonts, but since I have XP, I have been told that this is not critical anymore. Any ideas or suggestions? ... Millie in KY

Relevancy 55.9%

I have some Microsoft Works Database files I'd like to continue using, although MS Works has long disappeared. Does anyone know of a conversion technique/program to make these DB files usable with Microsoft Office. Seems like a step backward to not allow some kind of conversion for these files. I really liked Works DB.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A:Update for Works Database

What version of Works was used to create these files and what version of Office are you using now.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/58501-update-works-database.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For some obscure reason I cannot open some (not all) of my works db files.

I have downloaded the patch (KB933828), which is supposed to fix it but although it downloads ok, I can't seem to open the patch!

Can anybody help please?

Thx. Simon

Relevancy 55.9%

i have the latest version of works and am having a problem with it.

when using the left scroll arrow....it gets "stuck" therefore not allowing me access to several of the fields on the left side of the document

i have played around with it and can't seem to get around it

can anyone help?
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.736764/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been tryin to sort records in WORKS 4.5 for 4 years now and it always sorts ALL the records. I have tried the highlight trick and even put blank records where I want to stop the sort. Does not work.

Can someone tell me how to sort, say, the 15 records in the middle of my database and not affect the other?

Thanks,
shortcut

Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know how many record entries (not fields) are possible in a MWDB file? I was working on an inventory list when suddenly the database would not accept any more entries. I didn't know if the was a limit. Is there any database that has no limit as to entries?

A:Microsoft Works Database

I know microsoft access 2003 used to be a file size limit of 2GB - so would not expect works to be bigger (although, not yet found the spec)

Whats the filesize you currently have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database.873748/
Relevancy 55.9%

We are trying to help out a friend here, and hoping someone can point us in the right direction.

We need to create a database, preferably a works database, because that's the program both of us have. What we need to do is collect statistics at the end of the day, and save all the results to one database. At the end of the year, we need to be able to go back in and total all occurrences of a particular statistic and combinations of certain statistics together.

I am TOTALLY GREEN in this area...can anyone help?? All suggestions are greatly appreciated....if more info is needed, please let me know!

TIA

TT

A:Will a works database work?

Works will only "work" if it has an actual database like Access to enter your data into. You can set up one database and enter the data there directly. If you are on a network you can share the database and have forms set up for data entry. If you are in different locations you could use some kind of program like PCAnywhere and the remote person could dial in and do data entry on the database. There are way too many options so you might want to give us soem kind of idea on what your setup is and how to accomplish it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-works-database-work.63091/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All,

Right now my "database" is a Word merge file that I use to insert merge fields in all my word documents, it's a bit archaic and slow, plus, there is no way to integrate with Outlook 2003. I tried Act! 2005, and its slow and clunky and wont work for my needs. I want to still be able to use all of my Word documents and all of the merge fields in them as well as update the database from Outlook, send emails to a sorted list, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Roger.

A:Need database that works with Outlook and Word

To Roger:
Do You Have MS Office Suite installed on your computer? If so chances you have Msaccess, and i suggest you use access for your database. If msaccess is not installed get your office suite cd out and install the software. There is a learning curve, but give it a go and post your questions with the version of access your using and chances are someone will help.
Hope this helps, Flixx.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-database-that-works-with-outlook-and-word.324161/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am working with the Microsoft Works Database program that comes with Windows XP. I am listing a number of books, their isbn's and their prices. I evidently punched a wrong button because now every time I enter a new book the price from the previous entry is automatically entered for the new book. For example, if the price for the previous book was 19.99 that is automatically entered as the price for the next book.

It's not a big problem, because I can override it by simply entering the correct price, but still it's annoying. Anyone know how I can undo this default price setting?

Thanks!

Patrick

A:Problem with Microsoft Works Database

Look in the Options of the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-microsoft-works-database.1026415/
Relevancy 55.04%

How can I get my MS Works database files to be able to be transferred to another program such as Open Office or Office? I have a lot of collected information in many files that I can't share with anyone else who doesn't have Works. The Office Database is far too complicated for me and much more powerful than I need for my own use.

A:Microsoft Works Database files

Did you TRY exporting?

A typical choice for database conversions is to export -> CSV format and then work with that
to create the imports. Hint: Export only one TABLE at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-files.207807/
Relevancy 55.04%

I want to create a new database using 'MS Works' 6.0 under Windows XP Home. I follow the 'Wizard's' instructions to launch "Create new blank data-
base" but I get no 'dialog box' from which to enter my new parameters. It just
gives me the last database I was observing. The 'wizard' tells me this is where I can make settings to configur my database to my needs, but it's not there. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a software problem?

A:MS Works has no 'Create Database' dialog box

I have MS Works 5 on one computer and MS works 7 on another, but they are both very similiar in the way they work. If you launch the MS Works Task Launcher and chose Works Database and then click on Start a blank database the box will come up for you to put in Field one -then add Field two, etc. (If a box comes up offering to show you what do to, just close it.) There are some differences between v. 5 & 7 when doing a mail merge, but that was not your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-works-has-no-create-database-dialog-box.344633/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a databace in works database .wdb and need it to be a ms access .mbd file how can i do this seemingly simple task please?

A:convert works database to ms access?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q197894

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-works-database-to-ms-access.285311/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have completed my database. I put one column in alphabetical order, and proceed to another, the column I just alphabetized goes back the way it was. They won't all stay alphabetical. What's the deal? Help?

A:works suite 2003 database

This happens in Excel too, putting a column in alphabetical order is assumed to mean that you want all the rows to still contain the original values.

In Excel, you can highlight the data in the column and this sorts only that column - Then move on to the next column, etc.

If that doesn't work in Works, you may want to
sort the first column,
cut and paste the remaining columns into separate worksheets (one column, one worksheet) and
then sort them,
then copy them all back...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-suite-2003-database.407672/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can anyone please let me know where I can get for free an easy to setup download counter(a counter that counts how many times a certain files been downloaded), which also uses Access Database(s). Or, brendandonhu, if you don't mind, could you make one for me and post the source??? You'll need the following to connect to an access DB:
Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
sConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=\\premfs7\sites\premium2\membername\database\YourDB.mdb;" & _
"Persist Security Info=False"
oConn.Open(sConnection).

Thanks,

HexStar

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I have a large list of items in a database that are numbered using a numbering row.They are then filtered to match certain criteria.So now the number row is no longer consecutive.What I want to do is make a new number row that tells me the occurence of each record happening.For instance,if my database stats at number 3 then the next number is 7,i want to have 7 -3 to give four.Basically,I want to know the distance between each record.If I could use a formula for the whole number row that would take a record and minus it from another?Thanks JIM

A:microsoft works database question

Help me please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database-question.253761/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, hopefully this is the proper forum,but if not, perhaps an administrator would move it to the correct one. Anyhow, I've sent a MSWorks database file to an associate & he doesn't have works on his system, therefore has been unable to open it.(wdb extension) Can anyone provide me with the info of a possible download "viewer" that would enable him to open & print it?
Thanks in advance, Ben

Relevancy 55.04%

I recently installed Works 6.0. I have just composed a database document containing two columns of information. But when I print it, only the first column gets printed. I'm not aware of having done anything to cause the program to print less than all of the document. I have fooled around with the Select buttons and various other buttons but to no avail.

A:Works won't print all database columns

grandpaw7, you dumbell. You have the column too wide. If you bring the right hand margin of the column over to the left enough, you'll be in good shape.
Signed, grandpaw7

TO grandpaw 7: Well, I'll be dadburned if you're not right! But the dumbells are those guys who didn't program Works 6.0 to tell me the problem, but instead just decided not to print the column if it was too wide.
Signed: grandpaw7

CASE DISMISSED WITHOUT RECOUNT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-wont-print-all-database-columns.38020/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey there Hope someone can help me out having a very perplexing problem that is happening in Microsoft Works with a database that my work has been using over the years without any problems The only way to explain it is that when you work on the database one day the next day some of the information disappears in the report view mode no one is deleting it The columns A to F seem to go missing Now A-F are the ones containing the data I need I dont know if makes any difference if I were to put that missing information back into those cells into columns from H onwards How can I get those missing A-F columns back Works problem Microsoft database Does anyone have any idea why they go missing periodically Just recently after a hardware upgrade this has started to happen I know that the version we are using of Works is Would upgrading the software help this problem Would appreciate anyones input greatly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-database-problem.730375/
Relevancy 55.04%

Does anyone know of an app that will open the above, apart from works! and preferably free?

A:Works Database File Viewer

For anyone whose interested/had the same problem it seems that there is no such thing as a "viewer" the best option though I've yet to try it is to save the file as a .csv and open it with open office. If you just want to view the data and copy and paste what you want it can also be saved as a text file - this is all assuming you or someone has access to Ms Works, as a last resort you can open the .wdb file with notepad or wordpad though its a lot more messy to access what you want. - hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database-file-viewer.524591/
Relevancy 55.04%

Use XP OS and Works Got the following error message when I tried to open my document which I d been working on all day It is my time sheet and now I can t open it and I ve lost ALL my billing for October I ll donate Works message MS error database big bucks if someone can help Microsoft paid support MS Works database error message is a joke This has been a problem with earlier versions according MS Works database error message to my Google search but was supposed to be fixed with the version - but obviously MS Works database error message it s still an issue Here s the error message There was a serious error loading the data Your document appears to be damaged Works will stop loading the document with what was read when the error occurred Please try loading a recent backup copy of this document My backup won t open either so I m really screwed I m serious about the donation Please help me get this file opened Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a report that lists 86 units, how to I list them by the most overdue. I need an expression that calculates the number of days a unit is and then lists all 86 units, starting with the one most overdue. Attached is my database. Open the report called overdue units and it will hopefully what I am trying to acheive.
Any help very grateful, as I'm pulling the last of my hair now!

A:Solved: Help, how do I get a report to list items by a calculated date

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-how-do-i-get-a-report-to-list-items-by-a-calculated-date.635283/
Relevancy 55.04%

I Access 2003 Solved: report range date w/ m creating a report based on queries that will list say total hours per consultant To get a timeframe from the user I made an unbound form and put Code Between Forms frmDates cboStartDate And Forms frmDates cboEndDate in the query criteria so that it prompts them for the date range So far so good However my issue is that I d like to add the results of more than one query to a single report and only have the user prompted one time for the date range So one rpt would have hours per consultant as well as hours per project etc I would think that if the above-listed code were in the criteria of both Solved: Access 2003 report w/ date range queries it would prompt for the date range twice Solved: Access 2003 report w/ date range but when I try to build a report from more than one query it says I can t do it anyway giving me the error quot You ve chosen fields from record sources wizard cannot connect You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table If so try choosing fields from only the table or only the query quot However the sources are from two queries so nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I was recently hired to 2010 in control =Date() #Name? Access box Report error work in a recreation department on a special event that happens every year Access 2010 Report #Name? error in =Date() control box The Rec Department uses an Access database I have no idea how old this database is My boss has been working here for years and she said the database was in place when she was hired One of the things my boss wants me to do is to add the date on the page footer of all the reports I have tried using Access 2010 Report #Name? error in =Date() control box the wizard on the ribbon using the expression builder and just typing in Date into the control box Any way I try it I still get an Name error when I run the report I was hired because even though I think of myself as a complete beginner when it comes to Access apparently I know more than most Admins about this program That being said I am an Administrative Assistant and not a programmer nor do I have programming experience so please keep that in mind when you answer this I checked in the VB editor under tools - references and it seems this organization is missing the utilities mda file I tried a search but it was not found Could this be a reason for the error If it is the reason what would be a work-around nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Since installing Windows 10, I need to print a DVD database that I created on Microsoft Works Suite 2005. The error message I receive is "no default printer" or some such wording. The default printer IS set, and printing from any other site or app works fine. The laptop is a Lenovo, and the printer is Kodak. However, I do not see that the problem is in either of those, since it prints other things. When I look at compatibility for Windows 10, it reads that the Works 2005 is compatible. Please help, as frustration abounds. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-database-from-microsoft-works-with-windows-10.1153754/
Relevancy 54.61%

Working on a Database program, and misspelled name of a field -- Cmopany instead of Company -- and cannot find a way to correct this without having to cut and paste everything already in this Database to a new one!

Is there a way to correct spelling errors in a Field Name, and if so, how is it done?

A:Works DataBase 6.0 ... How Do you change Field Names

Howdy. If I understand you correctly, select the table, then right-click and choose Design View. On the left is the name of each field. Change it there. When you try closing it, it will ask if you want to save changes. Obviously, Yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-database-6-0-how-do-you-change-field-names.499301/
Relevancy 54.61%

After a major crash I lost all of the Works Suite and had to reinstall it. Now the database crashes everytime I try to use it. Norton intercepts the crash and gives me this message:
OleMainThreadWndName
Everything else in the Suite works fine.
I need some help.
Thank you
Bonnie

Relevancy 54.61%

I was just dragged into the st century not sure I like it at all Win was near values to 9 database ms to from copy spreadsheet works trying - death so I purchased a new computer with Vista bit but that's another story I have used MSWks for years and know my way around it Having a problem with MSWks - have a bank deposit system set up using a database for deposits with reports created that print my ms works 9 - trying to copy values from database to spreadsheet deposit slips and a deposit summary With MSWks I was able to copy values from my deposit database to a spreadsheet that was designed to act like a mini calculator - copied list of checks from deposit and used formula to total then copied total and pasted it back to database In MSWks if I try to copy values from deposit DATABASE and paste to a SPREADSHEET it arrives as a graphic instead of a numeric value so my formula that forces the spreadsheet to be a mini-calculator will not work Is ms works 9 - trying to copy values from database to spreadsheet there any way to defeat the quot paste as graphic quot It was really a timesaver for me I did try to install MSWks on Vista machine and was successful But ran into a lot of problems with both programs on my computer Decided to forget about the recording function and tough it out with MSWks Thanks tbach

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-works-9-trying-to-copy-values-from-database-to-spreadsheet-284646.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hello all, i have one doubt. will LIMIT clause works with MS-ACCESS database? if it works the please explain how it will works....
i tried a lot by giving LIMIT clause in SELECT statement but every time it will give error. and when i remove that LIMIT part it will work fine.

pleeeeeease some body knows pagination in PHP with MS-ACCESS database support? please provide me that code,, plz.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-limit-clause-works-with-ms-access-database.376910/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all. My dad is having an issue with his computer that I've been unable to figure out, whether by my own means or just by searching. He is running Microsoft Works 6.0 on Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition, and is having some trouble printing from Works Database, which he uses quite a lot.

Whenever he tries to print something from Database (or go into print preview) he gets the following error:

Code:
The printer driver is missing or not valid.

Run the Windows Setup program to install the printer software again.
Naturally I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer several times, but to no avail. Also an important note: This issue ONLY happens with Works Database, and not with any other product (Microsoft or otherwise).

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

A:Microsoft Works Database printing issue

I have been doing more research and I'm starting to think that there is just a compatibility issue. I'm still wondering if anyone knows how to make this work with Vista.

If anyone has any suggestions on a program that is an alternative to Microsoft Database, that would also be pretty helpful. It's the only program my dad uses from the Works Suite.

Thanks again...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-works-database-printing-issue.127443/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all This is a copy release) developer GUI disabling Metro for (works / current removing of a post I made in the W Forums but I've been pointed to this Forum never even knew there was a W one yet I've just been playing with disabling / removing Metro GUI (works for current developer release) the developer edition of W download link in the news section of the Forum if you are like me and HATE those horrible square tacky icons that make this OS look more like a mobile phone than a desktop workstation OS then this neat little trick gets back to the more quot Claassical UI quot windows look Once I've disabled the Metro UI I actually quite like W and it seems snappy enough on my system even as a VM To disable the Metro UI and keep the ribbon etc simply rename c windows system shsxs dll to something else and reboot This might only work for the current developer build but it suits me for the moment I always prefer totally uncluttered desktops with the minimal information on them at startup I hate the android phone default start up screens -- I'm using an HTC phone Nothing wrong with the phone but not everybody wants or needs zillions of apps on their screen To any MS developers --remember this OS will also be used as a workstation laptop OS so please don't turn it into a tablet only or quot Iphone quot look alike OS Some peole like dynamically changing icons quot Metro apps quot - why can't they just call them MOBILE apps which is essentially what they are but others don't want them --leave some user choice Cheers Jimbo

A:disabling / removing Metro GUI (works for current developer release)

Thanks for that tip, Jimbo. I'm sure that the GUI will be useful on a touch interface, but it's worse then useless in a workstation/desktop environment.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/2488-disabling-removing-metro-gui-works-current-developer-release.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an access report that I would like users to be able to enter a start and end date. The report will be filtered to display data that falls between the two dates.

I have already created a form with date fields. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use the form to filter the report. I also would like the report to display all data if teh user decides not to enter any dates.

How can this be done?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Access 2007/Filter Report By Date Range

There are many ways to do it, but I would set the filter in the OpenReport method when the report is launched, and provide logic to either set the start and end dates to extreme values (like 1/1/1904 thru 1/1/2999), which programming purists would tell you to never do, or not set the filter at all if the user doesn't enter a date.

In the code for the button that launches the report:

dtStart = Nz(Me.StartDate,#1/1/1904#)
dtEnd = Nz(Me.EndDate,#1/1/2999#)
DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewReport, "", "[MyDate]>=#" & dtStart & "# And [MyDate]<= #" _
& dtEnd & "#", acNormal

--- OR ---

If Isnull(Me.StartDate) or Isnull(Me.EndDate) then
DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewReport, "", , acNormal
Else
DoCmd.OpenReport "Report1", acViewReport, "", "[MyDate]>=#" & Me.StartDate & "# And [MyDate]<= #" & Me.EndDate & "#", acNormal
End If

The tricky part is getting tripped up by not including the #, designating a date literal.

WearerOfManyHats

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-filter-report-by-date-range.1099975/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
I have been trying to create a report with option that user will enter the date from and to.

I have created a form for the date option. I have created query and also report. How the heck do I link them all together so when user click on REPORT date window pops up and he/she will enter to and from date and the system would generate the report to and from that date.

I hope I am explaining it right

Thanks in advance

A:Creating a report in Access 2K with user having option to choose to and from date

If your query asks for the start and end dates, then create a report based on that query. It'll work!

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-a-report-in-access-2k-with-user-having-option-to-choose-to-and-from-date.38427/
Relevancy 54.18%

Several times Is That My Out-Of-Date? Center Why Windows Security Antivirus Program Report Does tonight I ve gotten the following message from Windows Security Center Virus Protectiion Out Of Date Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security reports that it might be out of date Click Recommendations for suggested actions you can take Yet when I click on my PC-cillin Internet Security icon I get a message informing me that my antivirus settings meet recommended levels so I figure I should Why Does Windows Security Center Report That My Antivirus Program Is Out-Of-Date? be protected However whenever I click on PC-cillin s Update Components I get this message Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security An error occurred while connecting to the Internet Please make sure your Internet connection is properly functioning and try again It Why Does Windows Security Center Report That My Antivirus Program Is Out-Of-Date? doesn t make sense to me that I should be getting these error messages I have more than a year left on my PC-cillin subscription so it definitely should not be out-of-date Also I am already online and able to check e-mail and surf when I get the message telling me that an error occurred while connecting to the Internet and that I should make sure my Internet connection is properly functioning I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who is able to tell my why I am suddenly getting these inappropriate error messages Thank you very much nbsp

A:Why Does Windows Security Center Report That My Antivirus Program Is Out-Of-Date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-windows-security-center-report-that-my-antivirus-program-is-out-of-date.598513/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all - running WLM on my clone fine new initially - Database then on vanishes works WLM machine Windows Netbook using accounts - all perfect Needed a clone on my Windows Desktop machine with exact WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes Database Navigation and Folder Tree for same accounts as a final message destination setting my Netbook to quot Leave messages on server quot for mobile usage So Installed WLM on Desktop fine Copied cloned Database from Netbook over to AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Mail Worked immediately like a charm all folders and messages in exact WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes same folder tree and accounts passwords WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes to input manually one OK Hurray However after - shut down start-ups of WLM the entire folder tree collapsed into a basic tree consisting of just basic INBOX DRAFT SENT Unwanted Mail Deleted for each account showing no messages although all cloned data was still resident on disc in its correct above location No way to retrieve nor show any messages nor the intended navigational structure - vanished although data was in its original location Uninstalled WLM delete clone Database did the whole operation over again and hey presto everything back OK After - shutdowns startups of WLM the navigation Folder Tree collapsed back into basic -line account blocks not showing any messages although all of them still reside in AppData Local Microsoft Windows Live Mail What is this How can initially everything run fine as intended and then vapourise Driving me mad as I did the exercise times now Also any reboot makes the initially nicely working folder tree AND messages visually disappear Anyone a clue why initially everything works as intended -- and then deconstructs and disappears Driving me bonkers - as I need this structure it is there and then after - uses vanishes Looking forward to your suggestions - Sam The Netherlands

A:WLM Database clone on new machine initially works fine - then vanishes

Hi Sam, welcome to Seven Forums.
It could be down to how your mail accounts are set-up.
I sign-in to WLM 2012 on both my pc's with the same Microsoft account but only use my Gmail account. If I read a message on my Desktop it will not be available on my Laptop as Gmail archives messages when accessed by POP.
Do you use POP or IMAP ???

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/317027-wlm-database-clone-new-machine-initially-works-fine-then-vanishes.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a fill-able PDF created in Adobe Acrobat Pro. I set it to expire at the end of the year. However, all the end user has to do is to download the file and save it with another name and the expiration no longer works. They can use it indefinitely. Only if the user does not rename the file does the file expire correctly. I need the file to expire as this is a constantly updated/revised PDF and its important that my customers have the most current version. Is there a way to fix this either with Adobe or a third party app?

I have not been able to find any information online or from Adobe as to why this happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-pdf-expiration-date-that-works.1162691/
Relevancy 52.46%

We implemented ATA beginning on 3/15/2016 with two Gateways and one Central Server.  We've discovered that a few servers that are doing LDAP simple bind, which we've resolved by enabling LDAPS.  We have a server that's waiting on the Vendor to
provide a patch, so this single server continues to alert periodically. 
In the ATA error alert, "services exposing account credentials", the "export" function appears to have stopped updating the export.   The web-view shows current events (4/1/16), but the "export to excel" stops at 3/23/2016
in repeated attempts. The similar error (& cause), "sensitive account credentials exposed", is working correctly in its exports.  The system reports "Hooray, system is health!"  Servers have been rebooted, Webpages refreshed,
services restarted, etc...  
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Troy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6e5a9aa-9159-42bb-856e-bebc610ebcf4/ata-alerts-quotexport-to-excelquot-function-not-updating-to-current-date?forum=mata
Relevancy 52.03%

My son says you are the best for troubleshooting so here goes I have a Toshiba laptop wireless and all the programs came pre-installed with a Recovery disk ONLY included I have Windows XP Home Edition My problem is with the report Works Calendar 8.0 error Microsoft Microsoft Works Calendar which was pre-installed along with Microsoft Office Microsoft Works 8.0 Calendar error report S amp T Edition which I do not use The Calendar was working fine until yesterday and now I get an error message that just says quot Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close quot Then I can choose whether or not to send an error report which I have several times I ve read the quot official quot Microsoft version of the fix but it is telling me that I possibly have a corrupted file and to reinstall it from the Works CD which I do not have When I run the recovery CD there is no Microsoft Works listed in programs to recover I m really at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much MomM nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,
Can someone help me with this issue in the Crystal Report

I am using Crystal Report 2011 and Oracle database.
My query is to output some columns in 2 different table(A,B).
After run query, there is 126,978 rows in the result.
In table A, there are 36 different types. The result shows same
in the Oracle Sql Development and Crystal Report (126,978 rows).
it also shows 36 different types in the details section. But when I right click
on that column, there is 23 different types and missing other 13 types.
I tried many ways but without successful (still missing).
Is there any problem with the software? Data missing hence I cannot create correct
dynamic parameter. If it does not show all 36 different type, then my query possibly
wrong, but it can show in the details section, then browse data option should show all 36 types right?
Do you have any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crystal-report-missing-data-in-the-browse-data-under-database-fields.1111833/
Relevancy 52.03%

Does anybody know the key combination to insert the date or time in a cell? Does Works spreadsheet even have these shortcut keys?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello This is my first thread here
I was wondering if anybody could please help me, I have a lot of photographs stored on my laptop...which is running Windows 7....and I'm trying to sort them into folders (I have a LOT of photographs). I'm still only learning how funky Windows 7 is but have now come across some problem. When-ever I ask Windows to group by date (even group by date modified...etc) it doesn't actually show the date at the top of each group.

Whatever version of Win I had before always put the actual date as the name of each group...it was VERY helpful.....is there any tweak or box to click (or even some sneaky hack) that would fix this so it would give the date? Ty

A:Is it possible to change how 'group by date' works in Windows 7?

Try Arrange by->Day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/164313-possible-change-how-group-date-works-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Anybody know what combination of keys will do this?

A:Insert date / time in Works spreadsheet?

Why aren't you using Excel. Has much more functionality. I have a macro that I use for Time Stamping cells in Excel. Puts the Current Data and Time in a cell with the single click of a mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/insert-date-time-in-works-spreadsheet.173226/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have created a report (spreadsheet) in Microsoft Works and Emailed it to a friend but he can't open it. He suggested that I convert the report/spreadsheet into Microsoft Word "format." Is this possible? Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have been trying to help a friend learn how to do form letters with his Microsoft Works Suite programs He has Windows XP SP We were able to successfully merge desired fields from a Works database but noticed that the format of date and time field results was not as desired The date field always merged as quot MM DD YYYY quot in the form letter no matter what format was used for date display in the database program He wanted to display for in Merging fields Suite or date Works time example quot November quot instead of quot quot Likewise the time field merged Merging date or time fields in Works Suite as quot hh mm ss AM Merging date or time fields in Works Suite PM quot when he wanted for example quot PM quot to display In Works on another computer his formatting carried over to the form letter from the database Not so in the version Our temporary fix was to format the date amp time fields in the database as quot text quot instead of quot date quot or quot time quot and then enter the exact display style wanted Then the merged value looked the same in the letter as it did in the database Is there a better solution to this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merging-date-or-time-fields-in-works-suite.304200/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I am using Access 2000 and have created a database with a command button that opens up a report via a macro. I would like to know how to open up single reports instead of pushing a button that brings up every report, I've been able to open up reports that are based off of queries, queries that have paramenters that need to be inputted in order to bring up single unique records, but I would like to be able to just create a button that brings just that particular unique record-report off of that particular unique record on that form. Meaning that for a record that had just been inputted for John Doe on a form, I would like to know how to create a button on that form to pull up John Doe's single report without having to build a query that asks for a parameter. Is there anyway to do this?

A:Access-Printing a single report off of a single record from an Access database form

You will have to adapt this to your own form setup; but it's just using the Where line of the OpenReport macro action.

If on the form MyFormName you have two controls called txtFirstNm and txtLastNm, and in the query underlying the report you have two fields called FirstNm and LastNm, you would put into the Where line of the OpenReport action:

Code:
[FirstNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtFirstNm] And [LastNm]=[Forms]![MyFormName]![txtLastNm]
Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-printing-a-single-report-off-of-a-single-record-from-an-access-database-form.99807/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Guys,

Im trying to write some code that will copy my access database , tables and data to a new sql server database, ive got the code to create the sql database but i need to populate it from my application

Any answers would be grateful

Thanks
Mark

A:Copy an access database to SQL server database using VB.NET

Google: import access to sql server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copy-an-access-database-to-sql-server-database-using-vb-net.1045442/
Relevancy 44.29%

I can't figure out how to add a column to the right of all my data. I insert column, and it inserts a column LEFT of the column my cursor is in (the very last column). And I haven't figured out how to manipulate the columns to move them around like I can in Excel (which is still a hit or miss thing for me - anyone have the tip on how to do that, too?)

A:Adding database columns to the RIGHT of the last database column

For any curious, I did find a way... You have to open design view and add it in one of the blanks beneath your last entry.

Not quite as easy as just right-click > insert, but it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260904/adding-database-columns-to-the-right-of-the-last-database-column/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm building a database application in Visual Basic .NET and I want to know what is the equivalent code of this when I want to make a connection to mysql:

Protected connString As String = _
"Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source = " & loc & "\dbProject.mdb;"

Private cn As OleDb.OleDbConnection = New OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString)

Private ConnectionString As String = connString

A:Exporting MS Access Database to MySQL Database

You would have to have the MySQL driver for it on the server regardless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exporting-ms-access-database-to-mysql-database.389139/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I don't support Access, nor have I been trained in it, but I've been asked if I can help in this problem.
An Access database connects externally to a SQLServer database at login time for the application. How do I find which external database they are connecting to? I know that there is a way to go behind the forms to see the source code, but I cant remember how to do this.
I cannot find an obvious User/System file dsn on the PC to give me a clue.
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.29%

Here's the question- how do I open a form in an existing database from another db in Access 2010 using VBA and give it focus. I can open the external db and it's form but cannot figure how to give it focus. I'm trying to create a master form that will call various databases that each have a form. Seems simple, open the master menu, click on a button that then opens the called db and the associated form. Do my business exit the db and am back at the master form. I would be okay to just close the master db, all it has it the main menu or leave it open. Doesn't matter which I just want to open the called db and form and have its focus.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-to-open-existing-database-from-another-database-using-access-vba.4070487/