Windows Support Forum

Works 7.0 Database report current date

Q: Works 7.0 Database report current date

Please can anyone tell me how I can place the current date in a report generated by Works 7.0 database programme?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Works 7.0 Database report current date

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Works 7.0 Database report current date

"&d" or "&n" (no quotes) in the Header or Footer. Prefix with "&l" or "&r" if you don't want it centred.

HTH,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/works-7-0-database-report-current-date.311719/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just purchased a to USB 2.0) as slow report USB be Could 2.0? hub 1.1 (too a -port quot USB quot hub with Power Adapter off eBay to replace a USB Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0) hub that I lost the power adapter for When I plug it in Windows claims to detect it as a quot USB Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0) hub quot and auto-installs the drivers for it but when I plugged my webcam into it I got a message telling me it would quot perform better if I plugged it into a USB port quot Suspicious I tried a few file copy tests to a Flash drive and it took over minutes to copy an M file to it plugged directly into a USB port it took about seconds I plugged the new hub into the exact same USB port my old unpowered hub was plugged into this is a new PC with USB ports No USB ports Removing the new hub and plugging my old one back in not only did file copy speed return to normal seconds for an M file but no quot speed warning quot when plugging my webcam into it So my questions are Could a USB hub incorrectly report it is a USB hub and Could it truly be a USB hub and it just installed the wrong drivers it s a generic hub and should use the same driver as the other PS I plugged the new hub into a USB port to see if it had any effect and the same M file copy took over minutes nbsp

A:Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0)

What is the make of the hub? The issue could be with the quality of the hub itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-a-usb-1-1-hub-report-as-usb-2-0-too-slow-to-be-2-0.212307/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

A:Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 23.65%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 24.94%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 21.5%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 27.95%

One of my hard drives just failed after years of reliable service. A lot of valuable information was lost.

To avoid this in the future, it would be helpful to know just how old a drive is to know when it's time to be replaced.

Is there a program that can tell me when I drive was manufactured?

A:A program that shows Manufacture date?

Drive age doesn't really have much to do with 'drive failures'. Time in service increases the risk, but it's not a defining factor either.

The HDD should have a sticker on it showing date of manufacture. I don't know of a program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-program-that-shows-manufacture-date.204415/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Rosewill RC-215 PCI SATA card with an Asus SATA DVD/CD Rom drive hooked up to one of the SATA ports. When I boot up, the motherboard (Asus P4PE) bios doesn't recognize my DVD drive(Asus DRW-24B1ST) so I can't boot up from a repair CD/DVD disk. But once I'm in Win2000, the DVD drive (Asus DRW-24B1ST) is recognized and usable. And it shows up in My Computer, and Device Manager.

I need some advice so I can figure out how to be able to boot up from a DVD/CD when I need to.

A:DVD/CD ROM not recognized by bios, but works after Win2000 starts

You may have to spend a few bucks and get a PATA/IDE DVD drive. You have drivers for the SATA card loaded after 2000 boots, so that is why it works.

Have a look through your BIOS and see if there is any option that supports your SATA card. I remember this back on the A7V boards with the Promise ATA 100 controller vs the 33/66 that was 'included' with the motherboard.

I assume you have looked for that option in the BIOS. If you have, and it doesn't exist, I think you will have to pick up a non SATA drive.

Also, I think its pretty cool that someone is still running 2k.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-cd-rom-not-recognized-by-bios-but-works-after-win2000-starts.204023/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I think I have the same problem with this person right here, and I'm saying ''I think'' because my english are not so good..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-mirroring-my-speakers.181670/

A:Microphone works as speaker?

Someone help meeeeeeee?!!!?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-as-speaker.201636/
Relevancy 24.51%

I hope this is the right section to ask this question in. I'm a big newbie.
I'm having an issue that I have no clue how to solve. There is a specific webpage that I try to view at home with my laptop, and it never loads on Chrome and Firefox, but does on Explorer. But when I take the same laptop to work or school, it does load that website on all browsers. I also have a desktop that stays home, and has the same problem. Its so strange. I don't know if it's a network thing, or an facebook app thing.

I've tried re-installing Chrome, deleting all cookies and caches, disabling all extensions or plugins, and updating Flash and Java. Any ideas?

Mod Note: Facebook game link removed, you are too new to be trusted fully. Problem m ay be solvable without the exact game anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/website-works-at-work-not-home.201025/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a laptop running Windows 7 32-bit and can RDP into my work computer with no issues. I just built a new desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. With my new desktop I can not get into my work PC. We have a SonicWall VPN connection. I can log into the VPN and can ping my work PC with my desktop. I was able to connect once but only rendered half my screen then disconnected. Every time I try to connect it times out. My work PC is running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. All Windows firewalls are turned off.

I built the desktop so I could stop using the laptop to remote into work. I'm still stuck having to use the laptop. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rdp-works-from-one-pc-but-not-another.200134/
Relevancy 24.94%

I've been working on computers for quite some time, but this has me completely perplexed. Just purchased a new case (NZXT Guardian), new EVGA 650TI vid card, 4 gigs of Corsair PC 6400 (Dual Channel), have two hard drives (500 gig Seagate w/Vista loaded/350 gig WD Caviar w/XP loaded), new 750 watt Corsair gaming psu, new Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe board (wireless edition) and two new DVD-R/DVD-RW drives (HP drives) and AMD Athlon 6000 cpu. When I hit the start button, everything fires up for about 5-6 secs, and the system shuts off. I've tested the psu and it's fine. The memory works in another computer, and so do the h/d's and optical drives. I keep thinking there's something wrong with the board or chip. I've torn this build down and rebuilt so many times in the past three days my heads spinning. Thought I'd get some fresh perspective on this thing.

A:Works for 5-6 secs. then shuts off

Disconnect all drives, graphic card, and all but one memory module to see, if the system has the same symptoms. If the system seems to have the same symptoms, you can rule out those components as being a possible culprit.

The 750W PSU is a bit much for a 650Ti. I take it you were giving head-room for possible future SLI with larger graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/works-for-5-6-secs-then-shuts-off.199802/
Relevancy 24.51%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 24.51%

I ve been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my quot repaired quot Acer computer But till this date I still haven t made any progress At all I feel my sanity slipping recieved no after Wireless HDD new longer having works away from me My computer is able to find all the previous connections I m familiar with but Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD I m just not able to connect I Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD even dare to say the connections are pretty strong so I doubt it it s the antenna s But really I wouldn t know I ve tried pretty much every quot solution quot I could find on the internet while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums but it s all taking a very long time I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution which is why nothing worked so I m hoping I ll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess Computer It concerns an Acer Aspire X running Windows Repair replaced HDD Details Approximately weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD On oktober th I was in possession of my computer again with the HDD replaced and since day one I haven t been able to connect through WiFi I have two laptops sitting here and they manage to connect just fine so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting Before my computer was taken away everything worked just fine Nothing changed about the router connection key during that time so I m having trouble determining the cause of the issue Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked and it does but it s in no way handy for me to use this option I need WiFi Please help me For people who need it a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations ipconfig all through the command prompt http i tinypic com inv ph jpg nbsp

A:Wireless no longer works after having recieved new HDD

I've been struggling for a week now trying to get my wireless internet working on my "repaired" Acer computer. But till this date, I still haven't made any progress. At all. I feel my sanity slipping away from me.

My computer is able to find all the previous connections I'm familiar with, but I'm just not able to connect. I even dare to say the connections are pretty strong, so I doubt it it's the antenna(s).
But really, I wouldn't know.

I've tried pretty much every "solution" I could find on the internet, while still waiting for the Acer customer service to respond and for someone to say anything useful at the Acer forums, but it's all taking a very long time.
I recon a specific problem needs a specific solution, which is why nothing worked, so I'm hoping I'll find a clever and patient person out here who would like to help me with this mess.

Computer
It concerns an Acer Aspire X3475, running Windows 8.

Repair (replaced HDD) Details
Approximately 2 weeks ago I had to send my computer away to the Acer repair team because of a defective HDD. On oktober 15th I was in possession of my computer again, with the HDD replaced; and since day one I haven't been able to connect through WiFi.
I have two laptops sitting here, and they manage to connect just fine, so I am sure to say I find this very confusing and upsetting.
Before my computer was taken away, everything worked just fine. Nothing changed about the router/connection/key during that time, so I'm having trouble determining the cause of the issue.

Today I was bored enough to see if ethernet worked, and it does, but it's in no way handy for me to use this option. I need WiFi. Please, help me.

For people who need it, a short while ago I made a screenshot of the IP configurations (ipconfig/all) through the command prompt: http://i43.tinypic.com/inv3ph.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-no-longer-works-after-having-recieved-new-hdd.197287/
Relevancy 24.51%

I had wireless internet with AT&T and everything was fine. Today I switched to Bright House and my laptop will not connect wirelessly to the router. I am able to use the ethernet cord to connect and my mobile devices connect to the wireless network with no problem. Please help ! My computer is an Acer and is operating on Windows 7

A:Ethernet works, wireless doesn't

Hey Ashp10. You had AT&T as your ISP, but now you are using Bright House, correct?. Did you have your own router when with AT&T or were you using a combo modem/router provided by them. How about with Bright House, are you using a box provided by them or are you using your own router?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-doesnt.197034/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey Guys! I had a question about my graphics card. Is it possible I can upgrade my computers graphics card? I am hopping to purchase something created by Ge Force but I don't know if my computer could handle it, Or if it would actually allow me to game harder without frame drops and such. If you think my computer can handle it please show me some Graphics cards that I could (should) purchase to get the best results out of my computer. Here are my specs.

--- Operating System ---

Build: 9200 64-bit

--- CPU ---

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, clocked @ 2.99 GHz

--- Display adapter ---

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Driver version: 9.18.10.2989

--- RAM ---

Usage: 3410/12208 MBytes (12Gb)

Peak Usage: 3993 MBytes

I am also using DirectX 11. The computer is a HP Envy 700. Have any other questions, Please ask.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy...rive/8997042.p?id=1218968345257&skuId=8997042

Thanks!

A:Can I upgrade my Graphics with my current computer?

Hey Guys! I had a question about my graphics card. Is it possible I can upgrade my computers graphics card? I am hopping to purchase something created by Ge Force but I don't know if my computer could handle it, Or if it would actually allow me to game harder without frame drops and such. If you think my computer can handle it please show me some Graphics cards that I could (should) purchase to get the best results out of my computer. Here are my specs.

--- Operating System ---

Build: 9200 64-bit

--- CPU ---

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, clocked @ 2.99 GHz

--- Display adapter ---

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Driver version: 9.18.10.2989

--- RAM ---

Usage: 3410/12208 MBytes (12Gb)

Peak Usage: 3993 MBytes

I am also using DirectX 11. The computer is a HP Envy 700. Have any other questions, Please ask.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy...rive/8997042.p?id=1218968345257&skuId=8997042

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-my-graphics-with-my-current-computer.197032/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ever since my macbook pro went flat my hard drive no longer is recognised on the computer. it comes up with the first picture uploaded. when I go to disk utility I can not click verify disk or repair disk but can see the hard drive there. I have no idea how to fix this without losing everything on the hard drive. I have no other mac to plug into and I plugged it into a pc but it does not show up, however the sounds when you plug something in and out are there.

A:External Hard drive no longer works in my mac

since my macbook pro went flatClick to expand...

what does that mean?

the JPG attached strongly suggests the drive has issues

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-no-longer-works-in-my-mac.194702/
Relevancy 30.53%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a generic Flash drive 512GB that is formatted exFat. When writing files to it, the computer crashed and since then, the drive has been in a read only state (there is no write protection switch on the outside of the drive casing).

When running diskpart it says current read only state: yes. But for read only, it says no. I can clear the read only state, and it will even say successful, but the current read only state still says yes.

Disk Management in windows control panel says the drive is healthy, active partition.

I have tried using various formatting tools such as AlcorMP, HP format Tool, and a variety of others and no luck.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/generic-flash-drive-current-state-read-only.192735/
Relevancy 28.38%

Want to buy a new ultra-book. want screen not less than 15.6". plus dedicated graphic card and good battery life. i7 processor and min 8gb ram

A:Which is the best ultrabook by the date?

I would wait for Haswell which is going to be released in 2 weeks. Haswell will improve battery life significantly and improve graphics performance. Make sure the i7 is a quad core when purchasing (sometimes manufacturers disable 2 cores). 8GB of RAM is becoming the norm lately. As for a dedicated graphics card, you will not find any ultrabooks with a dedicated GPU (if it has one, it is most likely weak). I recently helped someone else with the same issue and came up short. The faster the GPU gets, the less battery life you receive Keep that in mind. What games will you be playing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-the-best-ultrabook-by-the-date.192588/
Relevancy 24.08%
A:ApexDC++ works on my college network, but HFS does not. Can anyone explain why?

Did you see the firewall & port forwarding requirements here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apexdc-works-on-my-college-network-but-hfs-does-not-can-anyone-explain-why.192140/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi
I have a desk top pc, which loads up and then I cant get onto the internet. We know we have internet as we run a laptop. I have tried a system restore, this has not made any difference. I have cleaded temporary internet files and run free avg 2013 to see if I have any viruses.
One day we can get on and the next we cant, any ideas? The computer also appears to be a little sluggish (only 2 years old).

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

A:Desktop PC works intermittently

What operating system do you have?
have you tried re-installing the LAN driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-pc-works-intermittently.188421/
Relevancy 24.94%

Microphone Jack isnt working microphone isnt being read what is the problem the sound card or the Jacks themselves the mic isnt the problem cause it works on the laptop just not on the pc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-on-one-system-but-not-another.189222/
Relevancy 24.51%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm taking a networking class and am stuck on a practice problem and was hoping someone could give me some guidance.

The first time port 1 receives information from port b. The second time port 2 receives information from source e. The third time port 1 now receives information from part c (over writing the data from the first time). How do I know ports 3 and 4?
For the second part of the question, the switch would transmit data on just the port connected to e, right?

A:Practice problem about a switch and it's database

Boy that is interesting, but imo not very practical. Please don't get me wrong, you're learning good stuff
and you will certainly benefit in the long run. But in truth, many classes are taught (in all fields of education)
because they can, not because the information is useful. I took a curriculum in which there were many classes
which were there only to round out the number of units to qualify for the degree.

Surely you've wondered "how can I use this?". A class on Router Design would be more beneficial.

Best wishes, Jeff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/practice-problem-about-a-switch-and-its-database.186330/
Relevancy 24.08%

One of my many drive is the FreeAgent GoFlex Drive 1.5 TB pocket sized external drive - it works fine on every other computer but on mine it stopped working - actually when I plug it in to my computer it freezes my computer every time I plug it in however to unfreeze my computer all I have to do is unplug the drive (plug-in and unplug I mean connect and disconnect USB cable from my USB port on my computer).

I have a 700 watt Power supply and my other USB devices work just fine which includes all my other external hard drives - I did replace my Geforce 8800 GT grap[hics card with the Geforce GTx550 Ti graphics card.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:FreeAgent GoFlex Drive works on every computer but mine

Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port? It's possible that the port you are using is miswired and is putting out the wrong amount of voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-goflex-drive-works-on-every-computer-but-mine.186007/
Relevancy 32.68%

Greetings Techspot forum people I am wanting to upgrade my PC but without having to replace my motherboard so I am just wondering what is the best hardware I can actually get for my make and model I feel a bit lazy asking but when it comes to actual hardware Im a bit clueless and more than a bit paranoid of getting something wrong All help would be much appreciated as I know you probably have better stuff to do but Im sure there are a tonne of people out there to whom stuff like this is second nature Here goes Help current PC upgrading my My MOBO is a Gigabyte GA-EG MF-US H Link- http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid ov Some other specs Current CPU- Celeron E dual overclocked to about OS- Win XP bit yeah I know GPU- GeForce GTX Memory- GB Because of bit OS PSU- W This PC was built from scratch by an old friend of mine Help upgrading my current PC especially for me I am based in the UK England Lancashire and we usually buy most of our parts from http www scan co uk who have a store in Bolton which is not far from us I really dont want to replace the motherboard and therefore buy a WHOLE new system so any help regarding any one piece of hardware would be great If any more info is needed I will try my best I used CPU-Z to get most of it Thanks in advance Kyle Edit I use my PC primarily for gaming nbsp

A:Help upgrading my current PC

Most important question: what's your budget?

If you're gaming the GPU will be the best upgrade, but recommendations all depend on your budget.

If you want you can get a Core 2 Duo/Quad to replace your Celeron, but they're legacy products now and you'll have to buy one off eBay. It's probably advisable not to upgrade your CPU/mobo/RAM and save up for a new combo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-upgrading-my-current-pc.182525/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey everyone first post I ve been given an old as in only got PCI slots Packard Bell running a P Gb I ve been out the PC market for an age but I PCI best Current card? want to be able to play all the Current best PCI card? old games that I used to when I last had a PC like Half Life etc Not too fussed about Current best PCI card? anything post as I got a for that Besides the old games I also want to be able to use it for HD playback and general word processing web browsing So to this end I increased the RAM to Gb and installed Windows which ticks off the word processing browsing element it is really rapid Unfortunately this is where I ve become unstuck as all the information out there for PCI graphics cards is so far out of date and everyone s opinions differ so much that it s difficult to decide what is for the best Besides which stockists are phasing out PCI cards almost completely now so what some people may have recommended months ago may well be unavailable now So basically can anyone give a definitive answer to what is the best PCI graphics card If I can t find it new I can always scour eBay till one shows up In the meantime I m currently bidding on a PNY GeForce GS currently on for Should I just stick with this or is there something better out there for a steal I don t want to spend too much it is a bag of cr p anyway it was free and the memory upgrade only cost Your help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Current best PCI card?

I neglected to say that the 8400GS is the 512Mb version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/current-best-pci-card.180206/
Relevancy 31.39%

My current video card in my desktop computer is apparently dying I could be wrong but I just haven t been able to figure out what else the problem could be I deleted all drivers and started future buy video card for to and current What setup both over The drivers I had previously were the most current apparently but I reinstalled from a new download I also deleted all Flash and started over and same with Java My display crashes constantly in Firefox and almost always when I try to play a video online Sometimes even when I click on something anything in Firefox bam The screen goes black and the computer is still running IE is not even usable anymore So What video card to buy for both current and future setup I reboot and start over with every crash This has been going on for a couple months I am going to be upgrading almost everything soon I like my old roomy Chieftek Dragon case with lots of fans so I may be able to keep that Below is what I currently have I realize that a video card that will be great for my coming system will not function to its fullest on my current system but if it s just an improvement for now that s fine I don t want to have to buy one now and one later Current system Motherboard - Gigabyte P Titan GA- S FX-L Graphic interface - AGP X X b Current video card - VisionTek ATI Radeon HD put in Memory - GB maxed out Crucial CPU - P CPU Speed - Ghz Power Supply Make Model - Antec Neo HE Watt output Amperage - w ATX V OS - XP Pro up to date Future Intel Core i Ghz already have this and GB RAM What video cards do you recommend for my situation I use this desktop computer mostly as the hub in the home network for graphics photography running Adobe graphics software web design writing and communications home office and general use My laptop is my music recording computer Thanks so much I hope to solve this very quickly nbsp

A:What video card to buy for both current and future setup

Current and Future!

There is no such card.

You currently have an AGP interface and I'm willing to bet your future motherboard will be PCIe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-card-to-buy-for-both-current-and-future-setup.179893/
Relevancy 31.39%

the current gen Touch has been out for more than 18 months, I'd like to hear some thoughts on getting one at this time.

I'm wondering if the asking price of $199 for one is worth it, and i'm concerned its an End of Life product with the 5th gen. model coming around soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-purchasing-an-ipod-touch-current-gen.179330/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys I d really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice I m having a seriously frustrating problem with my computer monitor graphics card I have an LG flatron monitor Every time I go to start my computer in Screen works 640x480, only 64-bit Windows it switches off and the message quot analog power saving mode quot appears on the screen I can t turn it on after that unless I restart windows in x resolution When I do this the screen flashes with red lines and doesn t fit properly I ve checked to make sure all the cables are tight tried system restore when all else failed I even tried updating my graphics drivers but I can t get very far because the screen will turn off just as Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit they re finished updating The problem only occurred when I was sitting on a crappy cooking website which required no power Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit from my video card at all It was perfect for the last two years up until then Help Some additional details that probably won t help at all Name NVIDIA GeForce LE Chip Type GeForce LE DAC Integrated RAMDAC Approx total memory MB Current Display Mode x bit Hz Drivers Main driver nvd Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit dumx dll nvd dum Version Driver Model WDDM nbsp

A:Screen only works in 640x480, Windows 64-bit

The video card is probably dying... Time to invest in a little better card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-only-works-in-640x480-windows-64-bit.178587/
Relevancy 24.51%

I didnt have this issue until recently.

I can get a wirless connection no problem, but once I plug in my LAN cord I can't connect. If I disable my wireless I still can't get a connection. I tried going into device manager and deleting my Ethernt card, and rebooted. No luck there either. Any idea? Is there something I need to enable? Not super IT, but have looked at properties and everywhere else I can think of, but uI am posting here.......you can tell I am still stuck.

Thanks for your help!!

OS - Windows 7
Ethernet Card - Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

A:Wireless works, but no connection with LAN cord

The wired LAN port on the motherboard may be bad... Have you tried re-installing the Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver from the laptops manufacturer support website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-works-but-no-connection-with-lan-cord.178261/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi's to all.. am here in hopes I can get an idea for what might be happening. The monitor currently in use here working fine with a DELL pc.. Am puzzled over what is happening. With an atttempt to s simply connect this monitor to another pc it is not responding.. works with one but not the other??? Scratch my head.... the pc it is not working with has no OES. have win 7 to install in it.. The cable has a tight connection fit on both pc's.. Just got this pc back from a tech who had it hooked up to his monitor.. what could I look at to troubleshoot

A:Monitor works with one PC but not another

do you have a dedicated graphics card on the new computer? If so, make sure you are plugging the monitor into the correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-with-one-pc-but-not-another.177358/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I in not as current RAM new supported is Need advice motherboard a on ve recently finished building a computer and i turn it on and there is no connection to the screen at first i thought it was my screen but i tried others and still not working I then thought maybe my GPU was broken so i took it out and tried another still no display eventually i discovered that my RAM voltage was too high for my Motherboard I have two sticks of PNY DDR DIMM GB RAM V and I figured it would be cheaper to buy a motherboard which would run the RAM as i spent on the ram overall Can anyone tell me a motherboard i can buy to support my V RAM for about - My computer specs are as follows CPU AMD Phenom II X T Ghz black edition GPU ATI Radeon HD GDDR GB HIS RAM PNY PC - DDR PC Memory - GB DIMM RAM V PSU W Win Power Plus MoBo Gigabyte GA- T-D L Doesn t support the RAM HDD Hitachi Deskstar rpm mb cache Any suggestions to a MoBo that willl support my V RAM please nbsp

A:Need advice on a new motherboard as RAM is not supported in current

Jparrish said:

Hi,
I've recently finished building a computer and i turn it on and there is no connection to the screen, at first i thought it was my screen but i tried 3 others and still not working. I then thought maybe my GPU was broken so i took it out and tried another still no display eventually i discovered that my RAM voltage was too high for my Motherboard. I have two sticks of PNY DDR3 DIMM 4GB RAM 2.5V and I figured it would be cheaper to buy a motherboard which would run the RAM as i spent 90 on the ram overall. Can anyone tell me a motherboard i can buy to support my 2.5V RAM for about 60 - 70,
My computer specs are as follows:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0Ghz black edition
GPU: ATI Radeon 5770 HD GDDR5 1GB HIS
RAM: PNY PC3-10660 DDR3 PC Memory - 4GB DIMM RAM 2.5V
PSU: 850W Win Power Plus
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-770T-D3L (Doesn't support the RAM)
HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 7200rpm 32mb cache

Any suggestions to a MoBo that willl support my 2.5V RAM pleaseClick to expand...

RAM voltage don't matter, there's something other than the RAM that isn't working. There might be a problem with the PSU or you simply didn't connect the 6-pins to the video card. Btw, the mobo you have DOES support that kind of memory! Double check every connector, you should get that thing up and running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-a-new-motherboard-as-ram-is-not-supported-in-current.174729/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there. My first post on the forums.

I'll get right to it; I'm probably getting a new GPU as preperation for Battlefield 3, since my old one (8800GTS 320 mb) is starting to get REALLY old. I thought of getting the hd6780 as it was surprisingly cheap, the only issue was that it will be bottlenecked by my current CPU ([email protected] Ghz), or my current hardware in general for that matter(4GB of DDR2 ram @667 Mhz). So basically I just want to know; will the hd6780 work OK with my current setup? I know it will bottleneck to some degree for sure, I'm just wondering how much.

I'm planning to play Battlefield 3 on my 720p TV, which means a pretty low resolution of 1280x768 so hopefully it will run well even if my CPU could've been better.

Hopefully someone could take some time and answer me.

A:Is my current CPU too big of a bottleneck for an HD 6780?

I'm sure someone else that knows more about cards than me will reply, but in the meantime I replaced an 8800GTS 320 with a Radeon HD 5830 on a C2D [email protected] and I'm playing SC2 at 1920x1080 with pretty high settings (I thought they were maxed (without AA) but someone informed me that wouldn't be possible with my hardware). I think at that low of a resolution your processor will be bottlenecked quite a bit, but it may prevent you from getting 200fps when you'll get 130fps instead (I just made those numbers up, but my point is even if the CPU is holding you back it will still be playable).

I would suspect that unless you have a CPU upgrade planned real soon, you may be better off getting a less powerful card. The reason I say that is, by the time you do get around to upgrading your CPU and mobo, your 6870 might not be real great anymore. So you could probably save money and get a lesser card (hopefully someone will have suggestions) for less money and put that money towards beer, or maybe a future cpu/mobo upgrade.

Edit: I confirmed today I am playing with everything on Ultra or High if high is max setting. I've played the campaign and probably 150 bnet games and only once have I seen the message 'your computer is slowing down gameplay' and aside from that one time I've not noticed any video lag.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-current-cpu-too-big-of-a-bottleneck-for-an-hd-6780.171280/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello,
I will be buying for myself a hx750 PSU modular. It is 18 cm long and my case will not support it to round the cables from the back. I do not think that is a problem as the PSU is modular. My question is, should I make the output for the cables round the back of the case bigger by cutting some off or not.

Here is a picture:
Where it says 14 should be 15 cm

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Wouldn't the AX750 be better as it can fit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hx-750-will-not-fit-into-my-current-case.171314/
Relevancy 24.94%

According to PCI-SIG chairman Al Yanes, who S/A spoke with on the 14th, the new PCIE spec is already in the works...Do those people ever sleep???:rolleyes:

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/09/15/pci-express-is-on-a-quest-for-speed/

A:PCIE 4.0 in the works...

Yo! And PCI-E 3.0 hasn't even become implemented yet. No rest for the weary builder... :dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcie-4-0-in-the-works.170888/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, sorry to be annoying with this again, but I spent 3 hours trying everything I could possibly find on the internet to no avail.
I've set up a static IP at 192.168.1.101, set Azureus to listen at TCP/UDP ports 53981 then went into my router and set up port forwarding with the aforementioned details. While I was browsing through that i noticed that Azureus works with the UPnP feature of the router, it even notified me itself that it established the connection.

However, when I use the NAT testing feature in Azureus (Vuze) it still says connection refused. Internet port checkers with the port 53981 still say the port is closed too. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: also disabled my software firewall, no help there either.

A:NAT error with Azureus even though UPnP works

get a command prompt and enter netstat -an ; the results are shown below
If your program is active, then the second column will contain 0.0.0.0:53981

Code:
Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1028 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:8019 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44334 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:44501 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1025 127.0.0.1:44334 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1028 127.0.0.1:1030 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1030 127.0.0.1:1028 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1031 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:1039 127.0.0.1:1040 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1040 127.0.0.1:1039 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1041 127.0.0.1:1042 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:1042 127.0.0.1:1041 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4785 127.0.0.1:4786 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4786 127.0.0.1:4785 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4787 127.0.0.1:4788 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:4788 127.0.0.1:4787 ESTABLISHED
TCP 127.0.0.1:12080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12110 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12143 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12993 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:12995 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:19989 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:44334 127.0.0.1:1025 ESTABLISHED
TCP 192.168.0.4:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 192.168.0.4:4945 74.125.53.113:80 TIME_WAIT
UDP 0.0.0.0:445 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1026 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:1029 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:4987 *:*
UDP 0.0.0.0:44334 *:*
UDP 127.0.0.1:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:123 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:137 *:*
UDP 192.168.0.4:138 *:*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nat-error-with-azureus-even-though-upnp-works.169895/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,

I know the title is a bit vague, but I would like to know if my current BenQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device is a good enough optical drive, or if it needs some upgrading.

Thanks

A:Is my current optical drive good enough?

The way i see it bud is if it works...It's good enough. I bought a Lite-On SATA DVD-RW a few month back because my old ATA blew on me. It aint no different in my opinion.

As long as it plays all my discs (DVDs, CDs..ect) it's fine. Obviously if i want to play bluray and it can't, then it aint good enough, simple as that.

Some people probably think that you HAVE to have the latest, fastest drive around; but for me, It's the part of the PC that's just simply black or white (works or doesn't).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-current-optical-drive-good-enough.169871/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello, I am looking to upgrade to a CORSAIR Gaming Series GS600 600W ATX12V up from my 480w psu. My question is whether or not it will fit in my current case. MY case is a Thermaltake V9 Blacx edition. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

A:Will a new PSU fit my current case

Measure the dimensions of your current power supply and then go to Newegg.com and they should list the dimensions of the Corsair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-new-psu-fit-my-current-case.169736/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

I am thinking about getting the GIGABYTE 990FXA UD3 mobo for the AMD FX series CPUs. I am not sure if my RAM will be compatible with it. Is there a way to find out? Here is my CPU-Z

Thanks

A:Motherboard + current RAM compatibility

Memory support list here. Opens as PDF.

I doubt your RAM would work, the lowest speed listed on the Memory support list for that motherboard is DDR3 1066. To be honest its rather slow anyway, you want to be considering DDR3 1600 or higher.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-current-ram-compatibility.168823/
Relevancy 27.95%

This is apparently a common problem with no single answer. Regardless of whether any USB is plugged in or not, the system will give this error after POST. I can't get it to go to BIOS, pressing Delete at the mobo screen does nothing.

A:Asus motherboard "USB Device Over Current Status Detected"

I just did a search for this error and I see what you mean, there are dozens of different solutions. Had you made any changes just before this occured?

I think the best place to start is to begin by disconnecting everything from the mobo apart from one memory stick and the monitor. This includes disconnecting the hard drive/s, CD drive/s, keyboard, mouse speakers, printer, any USB device and unplugging the cable that goes to the front USB connections (if you have any) any cards including graphics (unless you have no onboard graphics to connect to the monitor) and any card readers or floppy drives. Then try to boot and see if you get the post screen or that error again.

Let me know what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-usb-device-over-current-status-detected.167649/
Relevancy 31.82%

I want to install nvidia gts 460 gpu in my dell 535s desktop
my specification are
Intelp35/g33/g31 motherboard
intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8ghz
4gb ddr2 800mhz ram
currently i have ATI HD4350 512mb gpu istalled
I want to upgrade it to nvidia Geforce GTS460,the problem is the chassis is ultra thin to accommodate the graphic card also my power supply unit provides only 250watt of electricity...what are the chances of upgrading to nvidia?

A:Can I upgrade to Nvidia GTS 460 with my current specifications?

In my experience with IBM machine upgrades, you could get a good and cheap case, pop your dell system in there, and that way you could be able to upgrade your GPU and PSU at the same time.

Just two of my cents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-to-nvidia-gts-460-with-my-current-specifications.166533/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was trying to backup some files by putting them on a memory stick and saving them onto another pc but the memory stick only works with the vista machine. in the past it did work with with does the fact that it has hardly no space on it have anything to do with that.

Thanks for any help

A:USB memory stick works on Vista but not on XP

Hi

no.. space or remaining space is irrelevant.

what happens when you plug in the stick to the XP machine, does it see it, make any noises, etc
have you tried another USB device in the machine such as a camera, printer or webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-memory-stick-works-on-vista-but-not-on-xp.165882/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everybody I am trying to build my first PC and I encountered some problems Any help is greatly appreciated Hardware CASE PSU iCAN PE- Mid ATX Case with W Power Supply CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition W Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HDZ FBGMBOX MOBO Gigabyte GA-MA LMT-S Socket AM AMD G SB Chipset ATI Radeon HD Graphics Dual-Channel DDR Mhz - Channel HD Audio Gigabit LAN x SATA Gb s x USB Micro fan LED nothing CPU New + works else powers build, up, ATX RAM G-Skill GB DDR MHz sticks of ram so GB total VIDEO Asus EAH SILENT DI GD LP ATI Radeon HD Chipset MHz GB Mhz GDDR Dual Display DVI HDMI D-Sub PCI-Express New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works Graphics Card Problem Computer powers up CPU fans spin HDD and CD drives both power up Monitor is a blank screen and power light on the monitor keeps flashing like its sleeping Also there are no beeps What I tried - Made sure motherboard was sitting on pegs properly no short anywhere - Removed the RAM no beeps - Removed the CMOS battery and put it back in no luck - Reseated processor checked for bent pins - Monitor VGA cable works using it right now - Removed Video card and I m using on board VGA now At this point I am fresh out of ideas and I really dont want to think the motherboard or CPU is fried Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all responders in advance nbsp

A:New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works

The thing that really sticks out for me is your power supply. If this came with the case be aware that with few exceptions most are junk. And with your hardware list I am highly doubtful you have enough power.

Utilize the following: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Also, did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS since you have a video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-cpu-fan-led-powers-up-nothing-else-works.164546/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an IBM T41 XP SP2 that was connecting fine then connected for 5 min or so and had to reboot to get back on line. Now it wont connect at all unless in safe mode. Have 2 other computers in the house that work fine one is wired one is wireless. The one having issues will not work wired or wireless. Have tried adware virus scan search and destroy, and malware. Still no go. Thanks in advance.

Attached is my Hijack this log

A:Internet only works in safe mode

What were you doing that required you to reboot? A possible software installation or update that may have knocked the ethernet and wifi drivers out of wack.

have you checked your tcp/ip settings? are you getting an ip at all? is it set to dhcp or set to static ip?

Also when you open your browser in the network settings. It could be possible that theres a proxy ip in the settings. This can be caused by adware and spyware. Though you said scans came up clean, its still worth to check.

What browser are you running? Internet explorer, firefox, google chrome?

Also what antivirus/firewall software are you running.

I do see black ice in the hijackthis log.

Also have you checked device manager to see if there are any driver issues with the Ethernet card or wireless card? I highly doubt this is a driver issue. Not to often do i see both wired and wireless drivers go bad. But i have very rarely seen a computer lose all its drivers due to a virus.

Hijack this log really didnt really show me much that could cause the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.161632/
Relevancy 27.52%

I cannot quite pin-point when this problem started but my screen keeps blacking out for a few seconds at a time (randomly) and then recovers displaying the message that the display driver (nvlddmkm) stopped working and has recovered.

This always causes Windows Media Player to crash (I often have a DVD playing on my monitor).

I have followed advice such as updating drivers etc. but the Nvidia site says my drivers are as up to date as possible. I've also tried turning the Aero theme off and reducing the number of flashy Windows animations but to no avail.

I have also found that recently, games which previously ran perfectly fine (e.g. Dragon Age) no longer work and crash within a minute of gameplay.

Let me know what other details you need.

Thanks!

A:Up to date display driver stops working

My first though is that the graphics driver or the graphics card are defective. Try uninstalling the graphics card in Device Manager and reinstall a fresh driver from Nvidia.

If this is a desktop PC, do you have onboard graphics or a card fitted. If you have a card and onboard grahics, run it from the onboard graphics with the card removed.

This might be a memory fault, if you have more than one memory stick run the PC with only one installed and then if crashes continue swap the sticks to test performance with each stick.

You could also try a scan with Malwarebytes just to check if you have any infections. Download the free version from here, install it and let it update before running a full system scan.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/up-to-date-display-driver-stops-working.162047/
Relevancy 24.51%

I upgraded video card from a 5850 to a 6970. I get nothing but blue screen indicating a hardware problem. I tried to "fix" the problem numerous times but could not. I put the 5850 back in and everything is running smoothly.

FYI, I did make sure the correct driver was installed for each card.

I'm not sure why the 6970 would be causing my machine to blue screen.

I have a Gigabyte P55A UD3 board and an 850W Corsair modular PSU.

A:Motherboard works with ATI 5850 but not 6970

6970 is a fairly hefty graphics card, make sure your power supply is up to the job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-works-with-ati-5850-but-not-6970.161505/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-with-one-window-at-a-time.161186/
Relevancy 24.51%

The *****s in my building keep pointing the antennas down the hall toward their rooms not realizing that they are decreasing their signal strength. I know that the signal comes out of the sides of the omni-directional antennas on the router, but no matter how many times i fix them someone comes behind me a messes it up. I need a simple clear picture that explains how this is a bad thing. I know someone here has seen such a thing. And yes I googled it to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-picture-of-how-a-wifi-antenna-works.160176/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have uninstalled my norton and turned off every firewall i could find,turned addons off turned them on....can anyone help?

A:Internet only works in safe mode

Define Internet? Your internet browser or your connection?
Type:
Ping www.google.com
into command promt and see if you get ping replies.
If you do, it means you have internet but your browser doesn't, so it's either set up incorrectly or something (a crash?) caused something to be damaged. Try either reinstalling your browser or trying a new browser.

If you don't get ping replies, and you're not connected to the internet at all, that means that something that runs in normal mode (that doesn't in safe mode) is blocking your internet, or causing your connection settings to change. If your connection settings are all correct, then it may be a malicious program? I'm just guessing I dont know much in this field, but I would advise scanning for viruses and see what happens.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-works-in-safe-mode.159811/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys,
I have an HP pavilion dv2915nr laptop and I broke the screen so I removed that and hooked it up to a spare monitor.
Everything was going great until I accidentally knocked out the video cable when I was using the computer and now, every time I turn on the computer, the display shows there's no signal right after the windows loading screen. It'll only work in safe mode or if I uninstall the display adapter driver.
I don't really know what happened - I hope I don't have to replace the graphics card or anything. Please help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-only-works-in-safe-mode-when-the-driver-is-uninstalled.159090/
Relevancy 27.09%

Dear All member of Techspot and moderators.

Recently, My computer is starting change time and dates
1st day before Normal computer use: work, homework, play, Yehhh! <expression>
2nd day, when I turn on the computer, it show me today is "March 13, 2014. 3PM"
Time and Date is wrong. I manually change correct time.
3rd day, the computer change its time and day again, fix it manually.
Basically I do 2nd and 3rd repeatly.

I researched about this problem: I might need change the battery.

However, I really want to know what is the most important thing to do before I replace the battery. Do I need back up all my saved data in computer ?
Also, what if I do not replace the battery ? I mean what is the worst situation.

From
neowing.

A:My computer constantly change time and date - question

Your bios setting will get reset, when you change the cmos batterry.

Take note of the setting, before changing the battery.

Your data on the harddrive will not be affected, by a battery change.

I always thought that a weak/dying battery caused reset to factory setting. March 2014 ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-constantly-change-time-and-date-question.157832/
Relevancy 27.09%

This thread is probably going to be usurped/repackaged as front page news...but should it not make it that far then here is the latest Sandy Bridge CPU pricing, specification and release date list.

Original source Expreview

A:Sandy Bridge pricing and release date revealed

Gahh their naming scheme is annoying.
Though I suppose it isn't a huge change from current i5/i7's.

Don't they run on a new socket?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandy-bridge-pricing-and-release-date-revealed.157230/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello i am currently seeking to upgrade my processor as the title says,

1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

i have 3 gig of DDR 1 RAM

My Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS

main curcuit board
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-E 2.XX
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-E ACPI BIOS Revision 1013 04/07/2006

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

was unable to find the model of my motherboard but hopefully thats enough i plan to upgrade to

AMD Athlon II X4 630 Socket AM3 2.8GHz 2MB L2 Cache

please let me know if i can

A:Upgrading my current processor

i dont think that cpu will work in your old system you would have to buy a new motherboard and ram as i think that you have a soket 939 board if it is just a plain old 1.86Ghz athlon cpu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-current-processor.155985/
Relevancy 30.96%

I recently damaged my genuine laptop charger and couldnt find a charger with the same specs, the only one I found had a lower standard, it works fine but I am afraid of damages on the long run, any ideas?

Hp pavillion dv4
old charger output 19V 4.74A 90W
New charger output 18.5V 3.5A 65W

Thanks....

A:Does a charger with lower watts and current damage a laptop?

your risk is to the charger, not the laptop.old charger output 19V 4.74A 90W
New charger output 18.5V 3.5A 65W​the voltage difference is only 0.5v , the big difference is the
current output.

googling for Hp pavillion dv4 I found the hp dv4 spec to be
Power

* 65 W AC Adapter
* 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)​which is IDENTICAL

I guess you have a match with the new charger and the original was just a bonus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-charger-with-lower-watts-and-current-damage-a-laptop.155325/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently went into my bios and was fiddling with the USB speed. I changed it from Hi Speed to Full Speed to check how fast it really was in comparison. When I realized I couldn't use my USB keyboard to get back *into* BIOS, I reset by using the jumpers.

Now I can use the keyboard, but I get an aggravating "Keyboard not Found" that I have to hit F1 to bypass. Worst part is, the option to disable it halting on keyboard not being found is already set to bypass it.

What could be causing this?

A:Keyboard not found on POST; Still works

Borrow a PS2 keyboard and see if the "Keyboard not Found" error stops. You might try getting back into the bios and select "load failsafe defaults". Legacy USB devices may have to be enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-found-on-post-still-works.155185/
Relevancy 24.08%

Help! Now my standard VGA Graphic Adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000? I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS on this Laptop but now its not loading up right, on start-up? I had to, chip Rev for the Nvidia to get my laptop to work... or see anything on the screen? but now I can not play any game or watch movies correctly. HP are no help ether as my warranty has run out now, can anyone help me? I have attached some images of my display settings.

A:My standard VGA graphic adapter only works on my HP Pavilion dv9000?

If you are using Vista 32 bit go here an get the Video Card Drivers
If you are using Vista 64 bit go here an get the Video Card Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-standard-vga-graphic-adapter-only-works-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv9000.154156/
Relevancy 24.08%

About 3 months ago the mouse pad started working in reverse.
If I drag the finger to left the curser goes right and if I drag the finger in up direction,
the curser goes down.
It is very confusing. Does any one have an idea about what should be done?

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

A:Sony VGN-S2750N mouse pad works in reverse

Are you sure VGN-S2750N is the model number of your Sony VAIO?

1.) Start
2.) Run
3.) type and enter "dxdiag"
4.) System Model should be listed some where in the middle of that page.

I must say, that is an odd problem which sounds like a prank. lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vgn-s2750n-mouse-pad-works-in-reverse.153205/
Relevancy 23.65%

My laptop can connect wirelessly to my network but it cannot connect via it s wired NIC Actually skype will still work but outlook mail and browsers do not The Wired fine other. one Wireless is issue: works home, DHCP at not the cat cable is Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine ok I Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine have tested it on another computer The NIC is ok My wired connection works just fine at my other house let s call it Location which Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine has a similar setup So in summary At Location my wireless connection receives an expected DHCP IP Address of At location my wireless AND wired connections both receive expected addresses I don t connect them at the same time At Location here is the problem my wired connection receives a crazy address When I ipconfig release and renew this wired address it doesn t change Any ideas Thanks Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller Physical Address ------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d d ed f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August AM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address -------- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe xxxxxx Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway fe aff fefb b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled My configuration is Cable modem - gt DIR- router - gt dlink -port gigabit switch then off the -port switch are DAP- wireless access point extender -port dlink gigabit switch Windows pc s XP pc s a bunch of stereo equipment tv xbox etc nbsp

A:Wired DHCP issue: works at one home, not the other. Wireless is fine

kcrouse96h said:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c959:894d:d1ed:6f%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 116.86.68.15(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.254.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%12
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.0.48
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00--------
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80xxxxxx(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.30(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:5aff:fefb:5b26%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : EnabledClick to expand...

Notice that the WiFI IPv4 address and the gateway+dns addresses are all on the same subnet (a requirement :grinthumb )
The Wired Nic is a mess; the IPv4 address is not connected to the same gateway + DNS subnet.

For Win/XP, uninstall IPv6;
For your Win/7 just disable IPv6 and reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-dhcp-issue-works-at-one-home-not-the-other-wireless-is-fine.151171/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi guys a little help here.. just installed a sapphire radeon hd2600 pro into pc and did not know about connecting the power wire to the board. anyway cut a long story short it works fine and the power wire still not connected??? should i connect it or leave it as it is?
thanks
regards...bob

A:Power supply not connected on Radeon HD 2600 Pro but works?

Cards like that in a normal environment will operate fine without external power, but once a load is put onto the card it will most likely become unstable. Go ahead and connect it to save yourself problems in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-not-connected-on-radeon-hd-2600-pro-but-works.150866/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a Belkin G Wireless Router about 8 months back.

Starting a few weeks ago, I've had to set a static IP address to my recently built computer (sitting at 192.168.2.10 right now) for it to not disconnect every few minutes.

I then noticed that no wireless devices (tested with 2 Laptops and Ipod Touch) could connect. If I restarted the router and did NOT connect anything to it, it would connect with local access only. If I attempt to set the router up using the CD that came with the packaging, it claims it cannot connect to the internet, and then proceeds to actually kick me off the net.

Does anyone have any clue what coulda caused this?

As far as I know, I've not changed anything.

A:Cannot connect to Wireless, but wired works fine, with kinks

Which OS? Is the NIC adapter (USB, PCI, PC-Card Bus, miniPCI (onboard))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-but-wired-works-fine-with-kinks.150288/
Relevancy 24.51%

the title says it all. my sound has no problem running. says its fine, the drivers are installed. everything. plays music, i can watch/listen to videos on the internet or downloaded to my comp. but whenever i start a game. esspecially AA3, AA2, Arma the audio will stop working throughtout THE WHOLE computer untill you restart it not just ingame. i've tryed waiting there but it wont come back until you reboot the system. then its fine again.

i've been trying to figure this out for a full day and havent got any sleep yet. i dunno what else to try. i use to have xp sp3 32bit but i uninstalled sp3 to sp2 because i have realtek and it's said realtek has a big problem with sp3. i'll upload the diax stuff or whatever. if there's anything else wrong tell me.

A:Sound works until I play games

here is an error msg when the audio isn't working and i go to trobleshoot on there. idk if it will help

DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-works-until-i-play-games.149422/
Relevancy 28.81%

Have a look at the voltages in this Everest report report - it is a wonder the thing works at all -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Computer HOME Home PC Generator Alvin Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Sensor ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sensor Properties Sensor Type Winbond W EHF ISA Everest report h Everest report Temperatures Motherboard C F CPU C F Aux C F WDC WD JD- LSA C F Cooling Fans CPU RPM Chassis RPM Voltage Values CPU Core V Aux V V V V V V V - V V - V V V Standby V Debug Info F F FF Debug Info T Debug Info V BF E D CF B D BE Motherboard - - - - -SiS GX A BIOS DATE VER Motherboard DMIMOBO ASUSTeK Computer INC K ST Motherboard DMISYS System Manufacturer System Name Motherboard Unknown ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The names of actual Everest report companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners nbsp

A:Everest report

And your point is?
Why don't you post the motherboard, or other specifics?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everest-report.148862/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, I am gonna upgrade my graphics card to ATI 5850. But I am concerned about that whether this card matches with my CPU and motherboard. Will 5850 be too good to work with my CPU and motherboard? Will 5850 show its max performance on my current system?

this is my system info:
Manufacturer's motherboard name: H-RS880-uATX HP/Compaq name: Aloe
Form Factor: Micro-ATX: 9.6 in x 9.6 in
Processer: AMD Athlon(TM) X4 635 quad-core processor [2.9GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
Memory: 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]

thanks very much.

A:Will ATI 5850 work well with my current CPU and motherboard?

Why repeat a post?

I think your question has been answered in your previous thread.

In short, yes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-ati-5850-work-well-with-my-current-cpu-and-motherboard.148860/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, I am gonna upgrade my graphics card to ATI 4850. But I am concerned about that whether this card matches with my CPU and motherboard. Will 4850 be too good to work with my CPU and motherboard? Will 4850 show its max performance on my current system?

this is my system info:
Manufacturer's motherboard name: H-RS880-uATX HP/Compaq name: Aloe
Form Factor: Micro-ATX: 9.6 in x 9.6 in
Processer: AMD Athlon(TM) X4 635 quad-core processor [2.9GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MHz bus]
Memory: 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]

thanks very much.

A:ATI 4850 would work well on my current system?

It will work fine. the 635 is more than enough for the 4850 and will not limit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-4850-would-work-well-on-my-current-system.148859/
Relevancy 21.5%

Note I m running Windows XP installed through Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro quot Late model Recently I found with but display? screen "dead", still Laptop is works out my laptop screen no longer functions when using Windows XP It boots up normally gets past Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display? the quot welcome quot screen and then reaches my desktop It stays fine for a few seconds then suddenly goes black I tried shining a flashlight to see if it was Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display? a lamp Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display? problem but there was no quot faint outline quot of anything meaning its not the lamp s problem However I know my laptop s still running because of the fan noise and the beeping sounds Then I tried plugging my laptop to my Phillips T quot display and everything worked fine I could see my desktop and everything normally I also booted in Mac OSX and things worked fine too both on the display and on the laptopscreen No black screen there but only while using Windows on the laptop screen itself This means its not a video card problem either Any advice help Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop screen is "dead", but still works with display?

Try booting into Safe Mode (pressing F8 on startup) and select VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-is-dead-but-still-works-with-display.146455/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am considering a RAID video storage array for primarily read-only use +5v current - modern & high-capacity overall MB's 2.5" hard drives use? As I understand it laptop hard drives use v current Let s assume I am using a modern - w TDP 2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use? CPU very low power video card since it serves video clients and does not need to encode or decode anything 2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use? and a non-overclocked MB with a RAID controller 2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use? and maybe a couple of TV tuner cards What might I expect the average quot laptop drive to consume when reading mostly and writing I can stagger spinup to minimize inrush current of course but I am assuming a quot HD operating is going to draw around amps max or watts during operation Does that sound about right I don t need enterprise or SAS grade drives spinning at K or K just plain old K RPM SATA II drives And for the sake of argument let s say I am using an OCZ Z power supply that can supply A on the v rail I m assuming that the v rail is not relevant in the case of a laptop drive but I don t know what the average modern non-overclocked motherboard would draw off the v rail on its own And I use OCZ simply because they have a decent reputation and watts overall PSU does not get into the larger dimensions that can cause case fitting issues Any help would be appreciated especially in computing the quot average quot v current the motherboard will draw on startup and during operation so as not to overload the v rail overall Then I can factor in how much the laptop hard drives will draw nbsp

A:2.5" high-capacity hard drives & modern MB's - +5v current overall use?

Your laptop drives shoudl work, regardless. Their power draw is minimal... as they will run on a USB 1.1 or 2.0 external enclosure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-high-capacity-hard-drives-modern-mbs-5v-current-overall-use.147179/
Relevancy 24.51%

Just to let you guys know, I'm new so forgive any mistakes.

The title says it all.

I get a replacement GPU (GT240) because my first GPU stopped working. The first time I install the card, nothing comes up on the monitor so I plug my D-Sub cable back into my integrated graphics. I download the new drivers. I restart my computer and what do you know my gpu works. All this was done at night by the way. The next day when I wake up, I turn on my computer. Nothing appears on my screen. I still have D-Sub plugged into my gpu. On the monitor it says "no signal".

I should enough power. I have a 450w Corsair PSU.
My first GPU (actually second) was a GIGABYTE GT 240 1GB DDR3
The replacement is an ASUS (they didn't have another GIGABYTE card) GT 240 1GB DDR3

A:New Graphics, Works Once, Doesn't Work Again!

Uninstall all existing drivers and display devices in device manager and add or remove programs. Download driver sweeper and run in windows normal and safe mode. Reinsert new graphics card and go to nvidia's website to download newest drivers.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-works-once-doesnt-work-again.145652/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an EVGA 750i SLI FTW motherboard and recently (after moving the motherboard to a different case) there is no sound coming from the rear ports. When I connect headphones to the front, the sound works. Is it a sound card problem (I'm using the integrated card)? It's not a big deal, I can just pick up one for 20-30 bucks but I just want to know the problem beforehand. Thanks in advance.

A:Sound issues: back ports not working, front (headphone) port works

the front ports are most-likely canceling out the rear ports, unless you've dealt with a similar setup that worked fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-issues-back-ports-not-working-front-headphone-port-works.145564/
Relevancy 24.08%

A little help here? Thanks... I have 30+ pc's. Just installed a new Netgear WNDR3300 router. After finally getting it configured correctly, the wireless works great. I put a jumper to one of the 2 Cisco 2950-24 switches and no connection for hard wired systems. I inherited this setup. The WAN is setup to work with the modem from the ISP and is good to go. As I said, I have a cat5 jumper to one switch and it has a jumper to the other switch. Is there a way to reset the swiches? Or should they be? I checked Cisco online and found nothing definitive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:New router works great switches are inop

Did you try a crossover cable from the Netgear router to the Cisco 24-port 2900 series manage switch. I use to have one of these at work. I always use a crossover cable with it. On 3750 series we daisy chain them 24-port into 48-port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-works-great-switches-are-inop.144588/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
ive been having a problem lately.
i have a radeon 4670 HD and my monitor is a samsung T220.
and my problem is, every time i activate AA in any game, it just wont function.
when i force it through the driver manager, it works but the game slows down to a halt.
am i doing something wrong? can you guys help?

Thanks!

A:AA never works

what games are you playing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aa-never-works.142739/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a GT about a longer Graphics card works no (9500gt) year ago i dont really play many games and only wanted it so i could run monitors It used to work for me on Vista but I have recently upgraded to windows I had a nightmare yesterday i managed to mess with the registry and Vista wouldnt start up Graphics card no longer works (9500gt) then i smelt something burning and turned the comp off I removed Graphics card no longer works (9500gt) about a kilo of dust and started it back up it still stunk and shut itself off i swapped the power supply with one from an old computer Graphics card no longer works (9500gt) however its higher watts i think and it then worked i then bought windows and thats when my graphics card problems started My computer just doesnt seem to recognise that it is in there the fan is still going around so it is recieving power but when i plug either monitor in it doesnt work stays on standby - my onboard graphics works I formatted the hard drive before installing windows Not sure what i can do so i would appreciate any help If you need more details then I can get them Apologies for the unstructured babbling i just wanted to make sure the timeline of events ie switching the power supply was all there Thanks Evan nbsp

A:Graphics card no longer works (9500gt)

Have you installed the nVidia Forceware driver for WIndows 7 ? Make sure you get the one for the appropriate operating system 32 bit or 64 bit.
Have you removed the card and physically checked it's condition?- Is there any lingering burnt smell or obvious scorch marks? if no then...

If your graphics card is branded (i.e Asus, Gigabyte, XFX etc) then go the the manufacturers website and download from there, if not then nVidia's latest Forceware driver (195.62) is available from the nVidia site here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you have the driver downloaded already and the card does not appear in the System Device Manager then uninstall the card (uninstall the driver- use Driver Sweeper in preference to "Add and Remove Programs") Driver Sweeper here: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

Reboot and install the driver- if the card is not recognised then it's probably time for a new card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-no-longer-works-9500gt.141026/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all I got a linksys cable modem which I am on works Cable D-link to modem internet. alone won't router setup though now and a Dlink WBR- Router First problem I have is that I can t get the router to connect to the internet I plug in everything right go through the online setup and after i push the connect button it either freezes or just goes right back to log in screen I also tried this in all browsers IE MOZILLA SAFARI Everything was working until my mom did something stupid and reseted the dlink router I also can t get my linksys modem to connect to xbox live to play D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though cod lol but I could always connect it when I had my router and modem hooked up I am running Windows D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though Vista and heres my ipconfig from the computer connected with the cable modem no router If anyone needs anything else please ask Microsoft D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users user gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SteffzJoint Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E-EC-D -F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a a b f e d e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-B -CE- - E-EC-D -F -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C F B-F - CE- - E FAFC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address aa eb aa eb Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a ef e e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe a ef e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AC C F - CE- E -B B - BEC B br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users user gt nbsp

A:D-link router won't setup to internet. Cable modem alone works though

Hi;
I think I know what your problem is.

You need to reboot both the cable modem and the router, but it needs to be in this order:

Unplug power from both devices.

Re-check that all data cables are properly connected.

Wait at least 30 seconds

Re-connect power to he router ONLY

Wait for the router to complete boot (usually about 10 seconds or so)

Re-connect power to the cable modem, and wait for it to complete boot.

Router should indicate it had WAN connection, and cable modem should indicate that it has all connections.

Re-check your browser.

If this does not work, re-post. I have more steps, but I think this is all you will have to do.

The reason for this re-booting process is that when power is removed from the router, the cable modem tends to forget the address of the router.
The router needs to be fully booted before the cable modem is powered up, so that it will find the router.

I have always had to follow this procedure after a power outage.
I have cable modem from Cablevision (Optonline) in New Jersey.

Hope this works for you.

FW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-wont-setup-to-internet-cable-modem-alone-works-though.138061/
Relevancy 24.51%

Tech Report got their hands on the Lucid Hydra load balancing chip. The chip (in theory) will allow not only two different types of mixed models of the same brand to work in unisone , but also ATI and Nvidia products to work together, in essence crossing SLI and Crossfire to work as one. The problem is that it allegedly is already facing resistance from Nvidia for infringing on its SLI licensing. Many here on Techspot have stated that they have been delaying purchases in anticipation of this new tech, and it it appears that it may be delayed even further over an upcoming legal issue over proprietary issues.
http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/17934/1

another report from PC Perspective

http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=815&type=expert

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lucid-hydra-works-kind-of.137896/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have an hp dv6t-1359 specs are

Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 298 GB
Disk partition (C 198 GB Free (285 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 2 GB Free (13 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 1695 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1631 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1872
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter

A:Need opinion on current laptop specs and suggestion for new video card

You can't upgrade the graphics card in a laptop. What programs cause it to crash?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-opinion-on-current-laptop-specs-and-suggestion-for-new-video-card.137757/
Relevancy 21.07%

OK soo i have my Phenom 9600BE on a XFX 750a with 4 gigs OCZ sli 800mhz
when i clear bios it boots right up, if i save bios the exact same as cleared it doesnt run doesnt even make it to bios and sticks with SP on the mobo error thing
also i cracked off a corner peice of the cpu slot removing my old CPU..still runs and detects fine.. doesnt over heat.. when ever i reset bios and use the HDD selection boot thing it gets to windows detected all 4 cores and now im just confused im using bios 1.4 since 1.5 disables sli and just adds support for Phenom II cpus..Any ideas anyone?

A:Clear Bios Works Set Bios dont

and about that cracked plastic ( i dont know how lol) but it just came right off with the CPU im guessing overheat cool overheat weakened it maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clear-bios-works-set-bios-dont.134296/
Relevancy 24.08%

Specs - PC Chips A G mother board BIOS just flashed with the update - x Western Digital WD EADS TB hard drives set up as a RAID - Fresh install of Windows XP using the F function to install the RAID drivers updated to Service Pack I can provide more system information if it will help I just upgraded my home-built desktop from a single G IDE hard drive to a RAID with dual TB SATA drives with a fresh install of XP using the F option and installing the required RAID drivers The system runs great but it would not power down after shutting XP down After flashing the BIOS with the update things get weirder The machine still doesn t power down when I shut down XP but will shut down if I requested will but not works when fine, reboot Computer hold the power button for seconds or so However if I press the Reset button on the front of the case the machine shuts down instantly but does not reboot When I select quot Restart quot from the shut down menu the machine shuts down instead of rebooting Computer works fine, but will not reboot when requested Even further if I go into the BIOS menu then exit the machine shuts down instead of rebooting The XP install is new this weekend so if I need to do something major it isn t a big deal Is there some sort of BIOS setting that I have wrong or is something corrupt The machine ran completely normally with the G IDE drive Thoughts Thanks Jimal nbsp

A:Computer works fine, but will not reboot when requested

This appears to be a RAID issue, try disabling RAID and pulling one of your hard drives see if that changes anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-works-fine-but-will-not-reboot-when-requested.132366/
Relevancy 24.94%

I will try to be as descriptive as possible Any questions and I will happily answer them I bought a quot screen to use for my computer to replace my previous quot Needless to say it was a little bigger than I thought so I went back to my quot However now my computer only gets past the Windows XP DVI not works does and input VGA loading bar and then the screen says quot Frequency not supported quot I coudln t figure out why this was happening since it worked fine both before and with the giant screen To troubleshoot I had a DVI-VGA converter my video card has both and it worked perfectly fine when I used that I used another quot in monitor I had DVI input works and VGA does not lying around so I put it in the VGA port and it worked fine I a assume that something happened between the quot screen and reverting to the quot but I am still stuck Of course I can leave it in the DVI slot but I don t want to if I don t have to Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DVI input works and VGA does not

start the pc in safe mode and remove the video card driver in device manager,,reboot and let windows reinstall the video card.

job done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-input-works-and-vga-does-not.133646/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi,
i recently removed (i think) a variety of viruses like the trojans, rootkit.tdss etc from my computer but during removal it has made my sound stop working. I have tried to reinstall the drivers but nothing! Can anyone help?

A:Horrible virus disabled my sound but works on ubuntu?

Your systems OS (Windows) was damaged by the Virus infection. A clean Windows install may be needed. Ubuntu still functions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horrible-virus-disabled-my-sound-but-works-on-ubuntu.133602/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi..

I have a problem with my mother board actually i was useing XP OS then i planned to upgrade to vista it was trail version to stop the watch i removed the cell from mother board. due to drivers problem again i installed XP OS after that again i put the into mother board not the time not working i changed the cell also then also it is not working.
many times i changed the time in CMOS but it will show correct date only for one time if you again switchon the system it will get struck in Welcome from there it wont allow to see the window please advsie how to get out of this problem.

regards

A:Am not able to save date in my computer

Change the cell, and reinstall the XP. It will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-not-able-to-save-date-in-my-computer.133590/
Relevancy 24.08%

I just replaced a system board and double-checked to make sure everthing is plugged in right. So I turned it on and the backlight on the lcd screen goes on, but no words come up, so I connected an external monitor and that works fine. Any ideas? do I have a bad system board? I also tried to install new memory and it just beeps at me until i put the old memor yback in, and that works fine.

A:No lcd video on laptop but works fine on an external monitor

Regarding the memory, maybe tell us the specs of your motherboard and the two types of RAM you tested?

No idea about the monitoir. Maybe some wires plugged improperly. What happens if you use your old motherboard instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-lcd-video-on-laptop-but-works-fine-on-an-external-monitor.132815/