Windows Support Forum

Word 2000 - file size explods!

Q: Word 2000 - file size explods!

My doc was 733KB and contains some inserts of small gif photos. All of a sudden I opened the doc to make some text changes and I start getting the message "There is not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture".
I made a small text change and saved the doc and now it is 3.5MB in size! and I cannot see or display any of the embedded gifs?
What happen? Is there any way to recover the doc?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Word 2000 - file size explods!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Word 2000 - file size explods!

Open the file in WordPad. This will give you the text of the file.

Then save it as a new Word doc (or copy and paste the content into a new Word doc).

Check your attachments (the graphics) and see if they are huge or not. If they are huge, then optimize them before attaching them. If you don't have a tool to do this, there are some online freebies on the internet.
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a Word 2000 program which has worked well in the past. For at least a couple of years. I have not knowingly tinkered or screwed with the program in any way, but suddenly now I cannot control the font size with the usual Format/Font command. All fonts are too large. The smallest font, 8 pt, looks more like 16 pt. Sixteen point looks correspondingly much larger.

The program is registered to me, but I can't find the blasted disk to reinstall it.

Does anybody have any helpful thoughts? I thank you for them.

Relevancy 68.8%

Microsoft Word documents open at view size of 100% by default. I want them to open at "Page Width", which is actually about 120%.

How do I change this default setting?
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all, just 2 weeks back i've come across a new problem in Word2000. I've a friend try to change the font sizes in Word 2000 when using Arabic Fonts. But she is unable to do that. But if she were to try changing the Arabic Fonts size in Excel 2000, she will be able to do that. I've tried logging on as another user id (Windows 2000) but the problem persist.

Have also tried to repair office, un-install/re-install office, re-create a new profile for her, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to print a Word 2000 document that has a number of connecting text boxes (a family tree), which makes the document wider than a standard sheet of paper. (it would end up being the width of two pieces of paper side by side in a landscape formation.) Initially, to accomplish this, I went to Page Setup; under paper size, I chose "custom" and selected 22" wide by 8.5" high. Below that under Orientation, I chose Landscape.

The document is finished now and looks just right. The only thing is I can't figure out how to print it. It either prints out microscopic or if it is normal size, it only prints the part that fits on a normal size of paper. It leaves the entire right half of the document out.

What could be the solution? Thanks.

A:How do you print custom size word 2000 documents

I also chose "custom" and selected 22" wide by 8.5" high. Then I downloaded this & tested it a little (copied & pasted from Word). It seemed to stretch graphics vertically, but maybe you could play around with it.

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a one-page Word 97 document (file size: 30KB). I have two black & white photos in jpeg format (file size: 244KB each). When I insert the photos into the Word Document, the one-page file is now 23MB!!!!! The photos and the formatting doesn't look very complicated (I've attached a screen-shot of the page). How is this possible and how can I reduce the overall file size? Is there another format I should be using? Another software to create the document? Anything? Please HELP!!

A:Word 97 File Size

Try inserting the jpg, then cut it (with the scissors on the toolbar). Then hit Edit-Paste special-As a picture. Save the file, then check the file size again.
Relevancy 64.93%

when i check the file size of one of my word documents on the network drive it says its 526kb in size yet when i save it to my desktop it goes up to 755kb ! any ideas what's going on ?

A:word size file changes

Is this a problem? -- are you running out of drive space?

TBH I have no idea, maybe it's just "what happens". I believe Word files bloat just from being "revised", whether it actually increases the amount of data in the doc or not.

For instance, one time I was uploading to a resumé site but the doc was way too big. The site FAQs said "copy everything to a new doc, save the new doc & upload that". Which I was able to do, since the "new" doc was vastly smaller than the original.

Relevancy 64.93%

Does anyone now what the maximum size is for a pst file? I have heard that it is 1.81GB but I can find nothing that documents this size limit.

A:Outlook 2000 pst file size limitatiion

You won't find it in the help files or manual.
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I hope some of you Word experts can help me I m creating some core templates in word that will allow users to create general reports letters that I have pre-formatted I created new templates that fully utilise Word templates XP size file and styles that I have detailed and inserted fields that run off updates in Properties to allow the user to customise titles dates and confidentiality info per document The header in the template displays two logos and Word XP templates and file size the title page has a logo image inserted as a header and formatted to behind text The images inserted were initially jpegs and I have played around with using them as Word XP templates and file size tifs There are two issues one is Word XP templates and file size that these documents will be converted to pdfs and usually sent electronically but may be printed occasionally so file size and image quality are both issues Second issue is that the file size for these templates seems to be all over the place why is a document with no text or images already several hundred kbs and then why is one of my bigger but not that big templates showing size of mb and when I open it in apps microsoft templates it forces a document to open and asks me to save as new document when I do this the new document shows size of kb not mb although both are identical in function etc Can anybody shed some light on templates and file size and the the best way to enter images into a template to get economics of small enough files with decent quality Please can anyone help me the file sizing seems so random nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone Here s my problem I m working with a page Microsoft Word document that mysteriously seems to double in size every few days or edits The first draft of the file Microsoft exploding! Word size nearly complete document was mb After a few days of editing it shot up to mb Then the same thing happened and it hit mb Yesterday if happened again and reached mb and is becoming unmanagable on my machine Fast Saves is turned off Track Changes is turned off Picture Preview is turned off Embed Fonts is turned off - BUT when I ftp the file over to a unix machine and view it using vi I do see a LOT of stuff like quot a b c d quot where each character is on a single line In fact that seems to be the bulk of the extra stuff I searched the forums and tried the cut and paste special as a picture trick on all figures in the document but the file size is Microsoft Word file size exploding! still mb The figures are all black and white line drawings inserted from eps files without previews Now when I select all cut and then paste into a new document Microsoft Word file size exploding! the new file is back down to mb However I Microsoft Word file size exploding! m not happy with this solution because I lose some of my formatting Even if I copy my styles over using the style organizer it still comes out slightly different in terms of the line spacing The new document seems to have slightly larger line spacing and consequently it winds up being pages longer Margins are the same in both documents But that s an entirely different question anyway Anyone have any ideas why my file is getting so big Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Microsoft Word file size exploding!

Hi erikwc. Welcome to TSG.

1. Saving file as a lesser version?
2. When copying to new, important point is NOT to select the paragraph returns that reside at the end of the document.
3. Drawing objects? If so, is each set (drawing) grouped into one object?
4. Save file to a new name?
5. Copy to new doc, and then copy styles from original, or perhaps your styles are not properly updated in existing doc. If not using styles--do so, or it has to store all the information about each formatting you use.
6. If you winzip it, how well does it compress?
7. I'll be happy to take a look at it. Email to [email protected] (preferably zipped, confidences kept)
8. Version of Word?
Relevancy 63.64%

I have been working on a word document at home in Word Sometimes I work on it on campus using one of their laptops which has Word The file size at home is MB it's pages and their are a couple jpg figures and macros for table of contents list of figure and list of tables When I saved it last on my flash drive in Word the size was around MB There doesn't seem to be anything missing but 2007 file size 2002 Word and between instead of copying the flash drive version to my harddrive and other location I copied and pasted the changed file size between Word 2002 and 2007 portions instead just to be safe The file is in the doc format not docx although I have the docx converter on my home computer Does Word save files differently more efficiently than Word Is it safe to work between the two versions and copy over the file using quot send to quot when saving the home version to my flash drive and selecting copying pasting the file icon in the drive's explorer window to the harddrive explorer window when saving the changes from the flash drive version back to the hard drive Is there a chance working on the file with different versions of Word might mess it up somehow
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all I hope you can help me with this one I am - the reduce do size Word file How I Solved: constructing a document which is made up of Solved: How do I reduce the file size - Word a lot of Solved: How do I reduce the file size - Word words graphs pictures and Solved: How do I reduce the file size - Word tables It s size is currently MB I could really do with reducing the size of the document and wondered if you had any tips to enable me to do this without impacting on the quality of the graphics When I have put graphs in I have actually taken a screen dump of Excel and pasted it into Paint and then copied the section I want and pasted as a picture into Word Is this process less space efficient The reason I have done this is due to formatting - I don t like the process of formatting graphs in Word as they often don t look right and using my way you can reduce it in size but not affect the way it looks Are there any tips in general to reduce the size I can of course Zip the file but I was hoping to reduce it by other means prior to zipping it Thanks Mark nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Why does my document size become so big when I insert a .tif image onto it. The .tif image is 14KB but when I insert it onto the document, the document becomes 680KB. The original document was only 5KB to start. I want the document to be as small as possible because I am actually saving it as .rtf so that multiple people can access it thru a custom program that was written. When the document becomes 600KB or larger the image does not print when the letter is selected from the custom program. I cannot insert a .gif the resolution is too low.

Thank you

A:Word: Insert TIF Image Bloats File Size

Aren't you copy and pasting the image?
Try Insert/Picture from the menu. That'll make the file size smaller in .rtf.

I don't know the difference of two actions. Maybe someone can explain why.

Relevancy 61.92%

Can Windows 98SE .clp files be converted to Word2000 .doc format?
Have a 6K .clp file which I can't open, Can .clp files be converted to Word2000 format? If not, what can I read it with?

A:Converting a .clp file to a Word 2000 .doc file?

Well, it appears that it could be one of the following file types:

You searched for file extension: .clp

Clipart GraphicProgram: QUATTRO PRO
Clipboard fileProgram: MS WINDOWS
Compiler Script (Clip List)Program: CLIPPER 5

So that depends.

You can always try, from Word, File-Open. Change the files of type to "recover text from any file" and try opening the file.

Don't forget to change the file types back to Word docs after you've used that file type or you'll forget and be in trouble next time you open a file.
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, all - I've read through a few pages to make sure that this question hasn't been answered recently, and I don't think it has.

My office just switched to Word2000 from WP, and I'm trying to figure out how to put a file name/path field in a document AND have it automatically update when I save under a new name. Right now, I have to remember to right click and hit "update" or it keeps its old name, even if I've changed the name and resaved.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Relevancy 61.06%

Recently when I open a doc. in word they are mixed with words and then boxes and squares. Sometimes I get "can't save errors." I have created docs but still get these errors.

Can anyone please help?!?

Thanks- BoWillis

Relevancy 61.06%

I was writing a long article on Word and decided I d better back it up to A So I Hit the quot Save As quot and directed the file to A There was plenty of room on the disk When I tried to open my original file it was truncated with half a page of text appearing at the top and everything else just empty boxes or squares I checked the properties of the file and the word count was what I expected except I couldn t see these words any more and have no idea where they went or where the boxes came from About words Fortunately everything Word 2000 file corruption was fresh enough in my mind that I could rewrite from where the text broke off Word 2000 file corruption slightly differently than the original of course I m curious about what happened Where did those boxes come from and where did the words go and how do I prevent this from happening in the future BTW the backup a was also corrupted only more so No text only random boxes when I opened the file with Word Any insights Thanks nbsp

A:Word 2000 file corruption

I'm VERY sorry to hear about that. I wish I'd known at the time.

Heed my words, okay? They come from five years of hearing people in heartbreak mode.
Use floppies to take a not-so-important file from one place to the other.
Emailing a file to yourself is safer than a floppy.
ALWAYS keep a copy of the file on a hard drive somewhere.
Do NOT let the floppy contain the ONLY copy of that file.
Never Save a file to a floppy. ALWAYS COPY it to the floppy from your hard drive via Windows Explorer.
Never Open a file from a floppy. ALWAYS COPY it via Windows Explorer to your hard drive first.
When you save files to a floppy, the floppy must have enough room for the file and AT LEAST THAT MUCH ROOM AGAIN to create a temporary file of the original while you application access it.
The only REAL way to try to recover files from a floppy is to run a Thorough Scandisk and Defrag on it--and fixing all errors; and even then, it may not help.
Many of you who were not around when floppies were *the thing* may not know that floppies are very sensitive to cold, heat, moisture, and YES--MAGNETS. That INCLUDES the magnetic strips on the credit cards and grocery membership cards in your purse or pocket! They used to ERASE floppies by using magnets!
Floppy disks cost about 50 sheckles each. (TigerDirect's price tonight for a package of 10: $4.99)
Blank CDs cost about 20 sheckles each. (TigerDirect's price tonight for a package of 50: $9.99)

I'm sorry. Don't mean to come across like I'm reading you the riot act.

Don't throw them out because you DO need them for certain things like making startup/boot diskettes or carrying a driver to a PC you don't have set up yet.
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm running Word ver on Windows b and have file hosed Word 2000 a never had a problem like this installed on my XP or on Was working on a file and suddenly it had a hiccup Said some disc error I think So did a save and threw a numeral after the filename thinking it should save a nd file Nope just one file now named Whey notes Went to open it and small window 'in use by another user ' Also says it is 'write protected' but Properties says it is not Copied and tried to Word 2000 hosed a file open the copy and it's all oriental characters Great The folder also has a temp file now Not sure what to do Thinking the hard drive relatively new came across a bad sector so I can do a scan but the disk is very new It's not my thesis but is Word 2000 hosed a file very unusual Only copying some quotes into the file but using Sandboxy I can do a V scan later but I'm sure that won't be the issue Sandboxy has been foolproof for years Can attribute the hiccup to various paths w don't really matter now I can monitor But how can I get this file back Thanks Mac

A:Word 2000 hosed a file

The disk error may have corrupted that particular file. Try moving it out of the folder to the desktop and opening it from there, and see if the error occurs again. Or, see if you can go back to a previous version -- look under the File tab. The number at the end of the file name indicates the computer autosaved the file.
Relevancy 60.2%

I have MS Office installed on a new Windows XP machine MS Word generally file from Word Windows MS delete XP Can't 2000 has worked well and continues to work well Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP except for one Word document that I downloaded from the internet originally prepared on a Macintosh machine with Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP MS Word that won t open It gives a message that a Read Only file can be opened but in fact when the button is pushed another message arises that quot MS Word must close quot However when I try to delete this MS Word document I get a message that quot file cannot be deleted because it is in use by another user or another application quot I cannot even place this file into a folder as I get the same message about another user or application is in use A Search doesn t reveal any other applications in use so it appears the file was corrupted being downloaded or the old MS Word has some incompatibility with the Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP newer Windows XP I d appreciate any help to delete this document from my desktop and guidance as to how to prevent recurrence Thanks nbsp

A:Can't delete MS Word 2000 file from Windows XP

Tried deleting in safe mode?
Relevancy 60.2%

A coworker of mine was creating a Word 2000 document that included several small photos from jpg's, a few drawing objects, and some text and noticed that the file was well over 80MB. Turning off Fast Saves and "make backup" changed nothing. Doing a "Save As" did nothing. I even went as far as deleting everything in the document (yes, that's right, it's a blank white page now) and did a "Save As" and it's still 80MB+. It shows no versions are being saved either.

How can a blank document be 80MB+ and how do I "clean" it??

Relevancy 60.2%

I have MS Office installed on a new Windows XP machine MS Word generally has worked well and continues to work well except for one Word document that I downloaded from the internet originally prepared on a Macintosh machine with MS Word that won't open It gives a message that a Read Only file can be opened but in fact when the button File Word Xp From Windows Can't 2000 Ms Delete is pushed another message arises that quot MS Word must close quot However when I try Can't Delete Ms Word 2000 File From Windows Xp to delete this MS Word document I get a message that quot file cannot be deleted because it is in use by another user or another application quot I cannot even place this file into a folder as I get the same message about another user or application is in use A Search doesn't reveal any other applications in use so it appears the file was corrupted being downloaded or the old MS Word has some incompatibility with the newer Windows XP I'd appreciate any help to delete this document from my desktop and guidance as to how to prevent recurrence Thanks

A:Can't Delete Ms Word 2000 File From Windows Xp

Try deleting the file from safe mode. That should remove anything that would try and allocate the file.
Relevancy 60.2%

My daughter has been working on a major final year high school project for several weeks using Word XP She has consistently saved the file to floppy disk so as to swap between file corrupted 2000 save Word home and school PC but neglected to save to the HDD Upon completing the project she attempted to load the final saved file from Word 2000 corrupted save file the floppy To her great distress the file loaded in an apparently corrupted form with lines of text interspersed with numerous blocks of blank squares The file seemed about double the original size text was in an italic font and seemed to Word 2000 corrupted save file be randomly scattered and or missing sections She is naturally distraught at the possibility of having lost most of the data she spent weeks compiling and the deadline for submission looming Can the file be reconstituted or recovered in the correct format Why would this happen Any help advice would be greatfully received As a not so computer savy mum I am helpless to assist her nbsp
Relevancy 60.2%

Howdy all,
Everytime I try to spellcheck a document, I get this MS Word popup:

Word cannot open the spelling file c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof\MSsp3en.lex for English (Ireland).Click to expand...
but then it performs a spellcheck using English (Ireland). What it doesn't do is allow me to add words. Is there any way that I can fix this?
BTW, I have searched MS Technet, and the fixes provided for in Q211188 - WD2000: Add Button Unavailable in the Spelling Dialog Box were not applicable.
Thanx for any and all assistance.

Relevancy 59.77%

I had this problem a couple of months ago and it seemed to go away and now is back I am writing a users manual and its getting big mb Before when the file got to about mb whenever I tried to file word large 2000 a save aborts with save it using either save or save as word would abort and i ld loose everything I got around it by keeping my sections to under mb I am now ready to turn the document over to operations for their use and couple of weeks ago merged all sections into a single document to see if I could I did and its just over mb There is pages over screen snapshots pasted in as pictures and its characters long I was editing the document with no problems Then all of a sudden word started aborting again When I try to save the progress bar moves almost all the way to the end the light on the USB drive flickers and then word aborts The error message I see is for WINWORD EXE - Application Error The instruction at quot x a b quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot and when I click on ok to terminate I loose everything and end up with a tmp file in my saved folder Efforts to open the document again results in it being locked and I have to completely log off to free up the document I am on a DELL PRECISION using windows Service Pack and Word SP- I have GB of memory I tried saving this to my desktop not knowing if my usb drive was causing the problem and I get the same error message but different addresses instruction at x a ac at memory x d My usb drive is GB with MB free Can anyone tell me what s word 2000 aborts with a large file save going on tks mike nbsp

A:word 2000 aborts with a large file save

Turn the document into a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat or any free PDF file creator. There are numerous.

Any printer will be able to work better with a PDF file in preference to MS Word. Especially when you have pictures etc in it, producing a large file.

With a large MS Word document you would be better saving the various chapters individually.

Word often has problems with large files.

How much memory & what processor speed.

Relevancy 59.77%

Can someone give me a code sample to insert a small txt file into a completed document. I have a Word 2000 template with a custom userbox and in one of the fields on the userbox, I want to give the option to insert a very small notepad text file into the document, if that option is selected, and I don't know what the code should be. Thanks.

A:Insert a text file into a Word 2000 document

Can someone give me a code sample to insert a small txt file into a completed document. I have a Word 2000 template with a custom userbox and in one of the fields on the userbox, I want to give the option to insert a very small notepad text file into the document, if that option is selected, and I don't know what the code should be. Thanks.
Relevancy 59.77%

My Father Has A Dell Laptop Inspiron Laptop
Win Xp Home Edition
With Office 2000 Loaded, Word, Excel, Outlook Etc.
He Is Able To Open A .doc From Within Word But Can Not Open A Doc From Within A Folder By Just Clicking On The Doc.
It Would Appear To Not Be A Office Problem Which Would Eliminate Reloading The Office Software. But Wanted Advice Before Considering System Restore.

A:Office 2000 - Word File Open Problem

alpineco said:

My Father Has A Dell Laptop Inspiron Laptop
Win Xp Home Edition
With Office 2000 Loaded, Word, Excel, Outlook Etc.
He Is Able To Open A .doc From Within Word But Can Not Open A Doc From Within A Folder By Just Clicking On The Doc.
It Would Appear To Not Be A Office Problem Which Would Eliminate Reloading The Office Software. But Wanted Advice Before Considering System Restore.Click to expand...

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to a .doc file (any .doc file).
Right click it and select "Open with".
Then selct "choose program"

From the list, select Microsoft Office Word and check the box "always use the selected program..."

That should restore the file association.
Relevancy 59.77%

I was trying to configure Word 2000 to send email, but I can't seem to find the means to configure the bloody thing. I have tried help files, but wasn't much help.

Anybody plz?

A:Microsoft Word 2000 aka MS Word 2000 - Sending Email - Need Help Configuring

Word itself does not send (or receive) e-mail messages. You may configure Word to be your e-mail editor, but it still requires an e-mail program (such as MS Outlook) to send messages.

You can send e-mails from within Word by using File, Send To, Mail Recipient (or Mail Recipient as Attachment), but this still uses Outlook to do the sending and receiving.

Relevancy 58.91%

In Word 2000 under Insert Hyperlink, Word maintains a listing of recent files or browsed pages that you can use to insert hyperlinks into your document.

Is there someway to "flush" that list, when it become so long or so outdated as to begin to lose utility for the end-user? There must be some way to do that, since I noted that my files list (either at home or work) recently was zeroed out in the last couple of weeks or months.

A:Deleting File Locations Under Insert/Hyperlink in Word 2000

Okay, we have at least a partial answer to this question. Apparently if you flush your recently visited internet page history from your default browser, you will simultaneously delete the recently browsed pages under Insert > Hyperlink in Word 2000.

We're still in the hunt for information on how to deleted a list of the file locations that is also retained under Word 2000. Other entries?
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Thank you for taking the time to read my query I just restored a bkf file and the restored folder is smaller than the original bkf bkf size differs from of size file folder's bkf files:restored file I need to delete the bkf file which is GB but don't want to until I am sure all the files were restored I would like to figure out which files were not restored Is bkf files:restored folder's size differs from size of bkf file there any way to figure out which files are missing After I restored the files the report says that hardlinks could not be transferred but does not the size of them The bkf file size is bytes larger than the restored file but the bkf file quot size on disk quot is bytes smaller than the restored folder When I left click on the bkf file and select properties it does not tell me how many files are in the bkf file only the bytes Is there any freeware program that will tell me the number of files in the bkf properties dialogue box Or even better let me look at the size and number of files in the three main folders I backed up I can not access explore the bkf file only restore it That would solve my problem My backup tree is C sharedhardlinkdata gt beth gt documents and settings gt beth gt and then folders underneath Thank you

A:bkf files:restored folder's size differs from size of bkf file

Try this

Relevancy 53.32%

I've got some strange behavior going on with doc files at the moment Whenever I try to open a doc file from Windows Explorer or a desktop shortcut Word opens with the error message quot Word experienced an error trying to open the file Try these suggestions Check the file permissions for the document or drive Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space Open the file with the Text Recovery converter quot After clicking OK the doc file then opens in Word apparently with no problems at all I can edit save etc So basically the error message seems to be wrong since the file does open properly - by "Word followed the to 2003 opening of trying file error file" an experienced message MS Word the open successful I can open doc files from within Word File - gt Open with no error message The issue MS Word 2003 - "Word experienced an error trying to open the file" message followed by successful opening of the file is more of an annoyance than anything else since the file eventually opens up just fine but I imagine it'll just become more irritating as MS Word 2003 - "Word experienced an error trying to open the file" message followed by successful opening of the file time goes on Any suggestions on MS Word 2003 - "Word experienced an error trying to open the file" message followed by successful opening of the file how to resolve it I've been poking around in the Folder Options - gt File Types in Explorer without a clear sense of purpose I'm running MS Word SP on Windows XP Service Pack If you need any further info please let me know Thanks for your help
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi There

This is not a macro question. I have been at this for hours now with no success. I have a picture in MS word 2000. The picture is text with a box around the text. See attached MS Word 2000 file. I want to copy this picture into Excel 2000. But when I do a copy and paste, it does paste into Excel but just the box shows up and not the writing. Can someone out there copy it and paste it for me in Excel 2000 and send it to me?? I can then copy it from your Excel spread sheet into my Excel spread sheet.

Thanks for your help in this.

Relevancy 52.03%

Up until today, i have connected to Access via ODBC, then chosen my query in Access, then used microsoft query to further filter the mail merge...

today i get an error that says Word can't reestablish a DDE connection with Microsoft Query to complete the task.

Do you know why or what happened...if you don't have time to answer, if you could just point me in the direction of a document it would be helpful.

A:HELPPPPPPPPP Access 2000 Word 2000 question

See if any of these help:

WD2000: "Word Could Not Re-Establish a DDE Connection..." Error

WD2000: ErrMsg: "Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to <Application> to complete the current task."

ACC2000: Word DDE Connection Error Using Table or Query with Quotation Marks

WD2000: Word Flashes on Windows Taskbar When You Cancel "Choose Data Source" in MS Query

WD2000: Error Message: "Word Could Not Locate or Start <path>\MSQRY32.EXE" When You Try to Use MS Query
Relevancy 52.03%

Using Access 2000, I have a number field, formatted number....
doing a mail merge in word, causes the field which is called Dues to loose it's formatting... Word says to apply a Numeric Picture Switch...{ Dues \# $#,##0.00 } but try as I might I cannot get it to work....

So I have the Syntax wrong on something? I am in a time crunch and have to have this letter out asap am tomorrow....

What is wrong???? I did a letter like this in January and it worked fine.....Help!

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi folks I have this problem that is hard to search for on Google We have a lot of word documents connected to a simpel text data file data doc that is used with mail merge Here is our process data doc is opened filled with all variablenames we can use in our documents name country etc data doc is opened filled with the actual data from a database belonging to the variables name Kees Japan etc 2007 2000 documents problem Opening correctly automation in word word Our vb net application does step and then starts a template word document which has that data doc file attached for mail merge The template is now filled in with the correct data Opening word 2000 documents correctly in word 2007 automation problem vb net application tells MS Word to print the document Works fine and we have ourselves a nice document filled in with data we specified in the vb net application Now comes the problem some new computers will have office instead of office installed during testing we have encountered that it does not error but the office installed computer does not fill in the data and just shows mergefield names lt lt name gt gt lt lt country gt gt Also when printed out So it seems like the datafile is not connected when opening the template in word If we let our vb net application show us the document visually first we can re-attach the data file again and we can print the data however there are thing wrong with this approach More user input which is not needed MS Word is opening and showing something we do not want in some cases We also automate the printing of packages which is basicly a list of different templates that needs to be printed automatically without users input Because the old computers will not be updated anytime soon to office versions we have to work some time with both systems So we cannot convert the document to word version because the office computers can t read them anymore How can I let the office read the documents with correct automatic mail merge without user input just as word does We can implement the possible solution both in the sourcecode of the vb net application as we can solve it by configuring ms office so all possibilities are welcome With kind regards nbsp
Relevancy 52.03%

I&#8217;ve downloaded a bunch of themes for XP and am having a problem loading some of them. Windows says that the file is over sized!

Is there an entry in the registry that will reset the size limitation? Or is it hard coded?

A:.msstyles file size? How to get over the size limitation

You are aware that you won't be able to use any themes that are not Microsoft on a normal machine, right? This is probably not really a size problem.
Relevancy 52.03%

After doing a lot of file management backups deletion of unnecessary files defrag etc I was able to recover a substantial amount of space When opening up Computer I noticed that the size was only registering about GB free out of Knowing this couldn t be the case I had found the directory my screen recorder saves to apparently it records HDD file arrors, bad size reported being size lossless avi at gb minute I did the usual right click on all HDD size arrors, bad file size being reported the folders in root and the size count was only GB with hidden and system folders viewable I found TweakNow PowerPack which I had used for its Disk Usage Analyzer That came up with only GB used After those installs the disk size jumped to GB free Attached is the Systweak file structure only root so nothing personally identifiable the Active Hard Disk diagnostic HDD size arrors, bad file size being reported can t make much sense of it I HDD size arrors, bad file size being reported m a computer guy but not that far into the really specific components and the main Computer window and properties If you can make any sense of it please let me know Also if you might need any other readings just ask Thanks jmki EDIT Having problems with these photos If you need them let me know

A:HDD size arrors, bad file size being reported

To post photos use the following:[img]yourphotolinkhere[/img]Host them at or your favorite photohosting place.
Relevancy 52.03%

I have MS Access 2010 & have a database that has been about 45 MB in size for 2 years. About a month ago I noticed it now is 67 MB. I compact & repair every time I save it which is twice a month. I've gone back & did a compact & repair on the 67 MB file but it does not change.

I must have looked at & changed something without realizing it. The actual number of records appears to be correct. How can examine and/or compare tables or other internals between the two sizes? I've seen a program called AccdbMerge come up on a few Google hits & was wondering if anyone ever used it?

And & all suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Access file size increased in size by 50%

The only reason I've seen for a database to get very large is when there is a picture (JPG file) used in a form. Apparently Access does not do a very good job with storing this type of data. Perhaps your database has an image stored as a data item in a table (or some other place.) Other than idea why you should see such a large size.

Alternately, you can create a new empty database and then copy each object from your current database to the new one, one at a time, and check the size of the new database after each copy. That will at least identify which object is causing the problem.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am a consultant in central Texas and I have a customer that does not recall the chronology of how he got into this situation but basically, I'll attempt to explain. He has Word 2000 installed on an XP Pro machine. He wants to do a mailing that 2000 is unable to handle. We found that 97 will do the desired process with no problem. I tried to install Word 97 to his computer but the setup program indicates that 97 is already on the machine. There is no trace of Word 97 that I can find. The customer thinks that he has vacillated between 97 and 2000 at least twice. I just want both on this machine at the same time. I could uninstall both and then reinstall 2000 then 97 and I think it will work but I was hoping to avoid the uninstalls. Any ideas?

A:Unable to install Word 97 on Word 2000 machine

It sounds like Uncle Bill left some fragments in the registry (or, hopefully, just a file used to flag Word'97's presence).

Hopefully you are using "My Documents" to save everything created in MSWord (either version); that will make it pretty easy to back up the files you don't want to take chances on. Burn a couple CDs or DVDs as needed/if available.

Check the Add/Delete Programs- to see which version/s are installed. I would uninstall each one- re-starting the computer between uninstalls.

With operating systems it makes a difference in which order they are installed; I would follow the same rule for the same reasons--- install the older one first (Word 97). Paranoia makes me want to shut down & reboot between versions. Then install Word 2000.

Good luck.
Relevancy 51.6%

I have had a search of the forum and can't find a solution to this, so apologies if it is a known / obvious fix for the experts!

I have created a document in Word 2000 that includes some "Windings" symbols. In opening the document on other machines in Word 97, some of them have changed font colour and turned into "Wingdings 2" and others have remained in "Wingdings" but changed font colour.
Wingdings is definitely an installed font on the machines I have tried, and it appears to be a consistent change on those different machines (i.e. replaced characters are the same and colour changesare the same).
[We are all appear to be using the same printer drivers and are using Windows 98]

A:Changing symbol font from Word 2000 to Word 97

Slight error in the above. Gone back to original machine and checked document. When opening in Word 97 the font isn't actually changing as I did use "Wingdings 2" in the original anyway, but clolours are changing and the actual symbol used in "Wingdings 2" has changed.

So basically the two problems are:

1 - font colours are changing on all the symbol font characters (whether "Wingdings" or "Wingdings 2").
2 - a different symbol is being used for those in "Wingdings 2" on the Word 97 machines.

Relevancy 51.6%

One of the features I really liked in the DOS version of WordPerfect 5.1 was the ability, when highlighting, to simply type a character or string of chars. near the end of the relevant portion to be highlighted and have the program take the highlight directly there.

Can WORD 2000 do this? So far, all I can figure out is how to highlight either an entire word, sentence, or line, but none of them with the precision that WordPerfect 5.1 allowed.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Relevancy 51.6%

hello every one

my sister done 10 pages for her course work and she alway save it on her memory stick.
but some how, when she try to save it this time it doesn't work and the the microsoft word file turn to notepad file and when she open it, it came up with lot of question marks, i hope there is a way to convert it back into words

thx for reading and help is needed

this is the corse work>>> Rescued document.txt

A:Microsoft word file turn to notepad file with non word text

any responses here?
Relevancy 51.17%

Please help me someone I'll try to make this short but give you all the info I have a Dell Dimension running Windows Professional with Microsoft Office Prof My 2000/microsoft word 2000 help/windows problem started with Microsoft Word freezing after loading I'm able to load the program and even load a file then word freezes I have already updated amp run these programs in normal and safe mode Norton Antivirus Spybot Adaware No virus and all adware removed I've run CWShredder help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000 amp have Spyware Blaster amp Zone Alarm running I've cleaned out my computer with CCleaner and it does not require defrag at this time As far as Microsoft Word goes it will run in safe mode and sometimes runs when I load it with the a switch but has also been freezing up when loaded on a switch I have renamed and deleted all NORMAL DOT files I have checked start-up folders in Word to remove files but there were no files to remove I have changed Word's registry Data key and Option key I have run detect amp repair in normal Word and in a switch mode I have run repair from add amp remove programs It still doesn't work I was preparing to remove amp reinstall when I decided to check for office updates I updated Microsoft Office with suggested updates from Microsoft I can't tell now what updates I loaded Now my problem is my CPU usage stays at a steady Now I don't know if this happened before or after I updated my computer I don't want to remove amp reinstall Office until I can get my CPU usage down Anybody please have any suggestions Here's my log from Hijackthis if it helps Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C winnt System smss exe C winnt system winlogon exe C winnt system services exe C winnt system lsass exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPSERVIC EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C winnt system MSTask exe C WINNT system ZONELABS vsmon exe C winnt Explorer EXE C winnt wanmpsvc exe C winnt system svchost exe C winnt system devldr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS monitr exe C WINNT system fxredir exe C Program Files Canon MultiPASS MPTBox exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Documents and Settings Claire S da Rosa My Documents hijack this Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger - L Program sprite exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride www direcwaysupport com localhost lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C DOCUME CLAIRE DAR MYDOCU HIJACK SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM R... Read more

A:help/windows 2000/microsoft word 2000

Hello and Welcome to TSF

This will be moved to the proper location so you will get faster response
Relevancy 50.74%

As per instruction on the link below, I have modified registry to increase page file size.

I have put each 5,000 MB so page file size should be around 15 GB according to me. But when I look at "performance" tab, it shows limit only 3765392 so around 3766 MB.

I checked under settings >> Performance Options of Advance computer properties, there it shows Total Paging Size 2046 MB. But when I click change, there it contains custom size of 5,000 MB.

So finally I just want to know if my paging file size have really increased to 15 GB or it's just 2046 MB as it shown there.

- How to overcome the 4,095 MB paging file size limit in Windows

A:want to know my page file size after increasing page file size in registry

I sorted this out myself. After I restarted computer, I could see the new page files created but the total was only 9000 MB though I put each (total 3 page files) 5,000 MB in registry.
Relevancy 50.31%

Is there a way to put a word perfect 10 doc. into a word 2000 doc. I have word perfect 10 but my school has word 2000. I need to print my paper but don't know how. Can anyone help??

A:Solved: Word perfect 10 to word 2000 doc.

Word should be able to open the WordPerfect document. Or you can save the document as a Word 97 document in WP. Do file>Save As, and in the File Type box Select Word 97/2000/2002, and click save.
Relevancy 50.31%

My 2000 MS Word stopped opening the documents I have on file. The error message : "There was a problem sending the command to the program" keeps coming up after the document tries to open. I can create and save documents, but then cannot open them to view the content. This started after the removal of roaming defender spyware by SpyHunter software. I don't have any files blocked by SpyHunter and still have the issue with Word with SpyHunter deactivated.I am wondering if a file got removed in the spyware clean up and removal?

A:Word 2000 will not open word documents

Does anybody have any ideas on this problem. I really need to be able to get my documents to open. Re-install of office doesn't help. I am not sure if I am allowed to post to my own topic, if not, I apologize. Thank you to anyone who has any ideas.
Relevancy 50.31%

I am having difficulty in getting word wrap to operate successfully.
After having entered a page of text, and inserted the picture, graphic, etc I then go to the 'edit wrap points' function which places a dotted outline around the graphic. If I then drag the graphic into place ie over the text, nothing happens.

I have also gone to the the 'Format > tight' function, but again nothing.

How do I get the text to wrap around the graphic as I intended.

I would appreciate any help.

A:Problems with word wrap in Word 2000

Anybody out there able to help me with this word wrap problem as its really starting to annoy me!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, I have a problem with viewing my Word 2000 documents under Word 2002. I format a document under 2000 and when I look at it under 2002 the margins on the top and bottom are shifted upward. The margin settings are the same size when I look at the document under 2000 and 2002 but the 2002 documents are offset. My text boxes and pictures are shifted somehow. I was thinking there might be a hot fix for this issue. Anyone know what is causing this?
Thank you

A:Word 2000 Doc's offset under Word 2002

are you flipping between 2000 and 2002?

why not use the same version of word on both computers?

i ran into a different problem with office '97 and 2000 and changed all systems to 2k.
i'd run a 97 or 2k word doc and was always asked if i wanted to change to the other format, sometimes i did, sometimes i didn't.

i have a feeling you try to look at a doc done in 2k and want to view it in 2002.
when you finish you're probably asked do you want to revert back to 2k and that's why you're having problems.
if you change it to 2002 it 's supposed to be backward compatible with 2k and you don't say if this is happening one time or every time.
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a CD rom with a Word 2000 document on it. I want to view this document with Word 97. When I try it tells me that it will not work and to try from the file menu (Word 97 opens, but no document appears). I try from the file menu, but it still will not open. Is there a patch I can download to enable this? I tried the Microsoft site, but there seems to be no patch and there is no article in their knowledge base to help. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Relevancy 49.88%

I'm transferring files, from external hard disk to an another external hard disk...
from a non-external powered to an external powered one...

I'm using cut & paste...

Suddenly, blackout happens...

There'll be data writing failure...

So I checked some of my files(mostly in .iso)... Some of them have very big difference between Files Size & Size on Disk (around 4 GB)...

So, I tried to open it... Nothing happen...

Does this big difference can make anything goes wrong?

A:Different in File Size & Size on Disk

Are you talking about this?
Relevancy 49.88%

When I right click a file to view it's properties there are two different values shown: one for file "size" and the other for "size on disk". The second value is always larger. Could someone please explain what the difference is because I'm in the process of allocating space for backed up user data on a network share and I need to multiply the average file size by the number of users to get an estimate of how much space to allocate to that share. Thanks in advance!

A:file size vs size on disk

Disks are laid out at a base level in sectors, and then in clusters which are groups of sectors.
For example, on a 32GB partition (Fat32) the cluster size is 32000 bytes. On a NTFS system, the standard size is 4K.

Files can only be on a cluster boundary. Therefore, in this example, a file that is 16,000 bytes (file size) will be 32,768 bytes (on disk). And a 40,000 byte file (file size) will be 65,536 bytes (on disk).
Or, on a NTFS system, a 5,000 byte file will take 2 clusters, or 8,192 bytes (on disk)

Do Start > Run > Command and at the prompt enter

After it runs, the "xxxx bytes in each allocation unit" is the cluster size.
Relevancy 49.45%

Two issues in one.
Excel , when launched it spikes up to 85-90% cpu making the application unusuable. Now i have ran virus scans, spyware scans, and also reinstalled office 2000. word 2000 once you open the program it constantly refreshes itself....
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an issue with word 2000 in the office 2000 suite. Sometimes when I'm typing a letter I will get a bunch of gurbage like this {}[][][][][][][][]()()()()()(), instead of my words that I typed. and it will only happen on a small portion of the file. NOw im completely up to date with service packs with office 2k, and my os is patched as well. and I do have virus protection and did a online scan with trendmicro housecall and everything came up clean. what else could cause this type of problem?

A:Office 2000:Word 2000

The first thing I would suggest is to get a clean default template. It cures most Word problems and is the easiest to do.

Enable the viewing of hidden and system files.
Do not have Word running.
Search for and delete all occurrences of the "" file.
There must be at least one, if you find none, you have not enabled the viewing of hidden and system files.

When you next run Word, a new "" file will be created.
Relevancy 49.45%

I an new to all of this and have been slowly figuring out the things I and Word Access 2000 2000 need but I am stumped on Access 2000 and Word 2000 a few issues I am revamping a Access datafile that I got from a friend I have made all the changes I need in my form but have the following problems I have an autonumber field on the form I want to reset the number to an number other than or I also want it to increase it by rather than a random number for each new record None of the books I have seen discuss how to rest the number to a number that I want to start at Also I put a text box in between the autofield label and autofield box I put a quot K- quot in this box I wanted it to be like a prefix for the autonumber when the form is printed The quot K- quot is there in design mode but when I switch to form mode some other characters are in the box I do not know where they came from When I switch back to design mode by quot K- quot is back in place How go I fix this My Access datafile is set up to print the form Then I want to go to Word and use the information in the fields to merge into various documents If I open a document and do one merge then Word sort of freezes When I go to open another Word document the open file screen is set for data files rather than Word quot docs quot and it will not let me open a regular Word doc I have to back out of Word restart it and then I am okay I heard there was some similar problem in Acess Is this the same problem How can I fix this Thank you to anyone who offers me a suggestion nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

What is the maximum size limitation for a HD under windows 2000? I just bought a 160gig HD, and I was told that windows 2000 might not be able to recognize all that space.

Please advise.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all!

I'm building a FrontPage 2000 website to display pictures of a recent vaca trip. I want the pictures to open in a new window when a user clicks on the thumbnail. However, when I preview the site, the new window opens at only half the size of the picture.

How can I force the new window to be big enough for the picture? If I have to force the new window to be maximized, I will, but I prefer to have it just big enough to avoid slider bars.

Relevancy 48.59%

Word Processing Help.
I have Windows ME and have made a list of my collection of stamps as a WORD Doc. I now want to amend this list/s with Catalogue numbers, values,etc but find that when I enter new tab positions to enter these extra details these tab positions change without apparent reason. Suggestions on where I can get a short course (or read about) word processing.

A:Word Processing with MS Word 2000

My suggest:

Do it in a table instead.

Turn your show hide button on.
It looks like a backward P on your toolbar.
Then, Insert-Table and tell it how many columns you want, and just choose 2 rows for now.

In the first row, type your column headings and bold them. In the second row, put your first item. When you hit tab within a table, it will:

a) take to you the next cell to the right
b) create a brand new row for you if you're already in the last cell of the table

Select JUST the text (not the backward Ps at the end of each of your lines, and not the arrows, which represent tabs) and then click and drag them into the appropriate cells of your table.

To get more rows, click in the last cell of your table and hit tab until you get the number of rows you want to work with for now.

If you've got TONS and TONS of items already tabbed the way you previously described, send me your file, and I'll hook you up with the tables in about 5 minutes. But it would take me an hour to tell you how to do it.

[email protected]
Relevancy 48.59%

I have Word 2000 SP3 [ part of Office 2000 SB ] installed.

One of my correspondents sends me documents created with "Word 10 for

When I try to open the document, I receive a choice of file types which my
Word 2000 can convert, but Word 10 for Macintosh is not listed.

I have downloaded all Office 2000 critical updates and all conversion that I
can find at ;

Please help.

Relevancy 48.59%

Just bought a new tablet pc which came with the newest version of of Word. i am using files created on this laptop with other pc's running word 2000. When i create files on this new laptop i need to save them down to the previous version in order to access them from the other laptops and pc's. Also, I don't really like the new interface, and would prefer to use the older one. Is this possible??

A:Solved: Can you set MS Word to look like Word 2000?

There is a third party transformation pack, but I wouldn't recommend using it. The best thing to do is just learn how to use Office 2007.

To save files as Office 97-2003 files, just click the file menu (the very top left button), go to Save As and click the arrow to the right of it, then click on (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) 97-2003 Document.
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the total size of a windows 2000 profesional original cd?

A:Total size of windows 2000 pro. Original cd.

Dells with sp1 in 378mbother disk com in at 371mb
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a shared folder on a server for employees to save personal utility files to Is there a way that i can put a 4 gig limit on this folder size?
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an 8gb disk in my mcahine, i have installed windows 2000 pro and in disk manager it tells my i have an healthy 8gb disk but in my computer i only have 2 gb, any ideas

Pleae help !

Relevancy 48.16%

In Table View (Access 2000 v 9.0.3821), the "Grab Button" (for lack of a better term) on the verticle Scroll Bar is very small (& difficult to "grab", as a result.) The particular Table I am working in contains a lot of data; but I've noticed in smaller Tables, the "Grab Button" is extended, almost like a "Bar". Is there a way to increase a Scroll Bar's Button size? Thanks.

A:Access 2000: Scroll Bar Button Size?

the size of the scroll bar's marker is determined by Windows, not Access--the longer the contents of the document, file, spreadsheet, table, query, report, etc. you're trying to display, the shorter the marker is. I don't think anything can override that.

If you're working with a table, however, you should either (1) query the data to get the piece(s) you want at one time, e.g. using a parameter query, or (2) use the Find function to get around.
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,
Weird thing is happening to one of the Win 2000 workstation.

When I right click on WINNT folder and choose properties - the size shows 15.xx GB.
When I go into to WINNT folder and select all files and folder (including hidden), and choose properties, the size shows only 2.xx GB.

anyone knows how to find out the difference? I need free up some HDD space.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 2000 WINNT folder size

It's the way Windows works - as follows:
If you select WINNT by itself, you get the larger value and the true drive space usage.
If you select all the files individually, hidden and system files are not counted, unless you have selected to show them in Tools => Folder Options => View.

To see a graphic of drive or folder space usage, download TreeSize here:

Just download the 'Download.exe' version that doesn't need to be installed, or if you want it installed in your computer, get the 'Installer' version.
Relevancy 48.16%

I have produced a document using MS Word 2010 that is on A4 paper, landscape orientation. The idea was to make a simple A5 size, folded, 4-page leaflet. It works. But, I now need to print this on A5 paper to create a folded, A6 size leaflet. No matter what I seem to try, MS Word 2010 and/or my HP Deskjet 6980 do not understand the various settings that I have tried.
If the real answer is to start again using a different format of the basic Word page, I would really prefer a work-around as there are tables and images that would need moved.
Can anyone figure out the permutations of reducing/orientation/ pages per/etc?!

A:Solved: MS Word A4 down to A5 size

Have you tried saving your document as a pdf file (just take the A4 format) and then you can print it with Adobe and select booklet output, I think that could do the trick, why go to all the trouble in Word?
Just an idea.
Relevancy 48.16%

I am running Word 2002; & viewing documents on a 19" Monitor. Sometimes when a Word document opens, the viewable area is full width, with text looking . . . well . . . huge. Other times when a doc opens, the viewable area only encompasses about 2/3 of the display, with a lot of empty area on the right margin (both of these phenomenons occur in "Normal View.")

The viewable size always corresponds to the previously opened document.

Trouble is, I have no idea how each view size was created.

I prefer the larger size (which was one of the reasons I went with a larger Monitor); & need to know how to configure Word in order to have any basic document fill the display . . . every time they're opened.

Thanks in advance,

A:Word Doc Display Size Changes?

You could try opening a blank page, dragging it to the size you want. Then hold the shift key and click the X (upper right) to close it.
That works to resize many programs default opening size.
Relevancy 48.16%

playing around i lost font size window on taskbar.Please help THank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

Good afternoon,

I want to include autocad drawings into a word document (office 97), these documents are for sending by e-mail to job agencies, but after my first attempt, i found that the size of the document jumped to 4.8MB.

To send this from the limited connection i have, as i am not in a broadband area, would tie up the phone for upto 10-20 minutes, just to send one e-mail.

Is there a simple way of reducing the amount of data without losing any of the drawing quality?, would a zip file of the document be any better? or is there another way.

Best regards

A:insert drg's into word without the big size

After inserting, try:

Cut the graphic.
Then Edit-Paste special, Enhanced metafile.
Save the file and see if that cuts down the size any.

Otherwise, try saving your DRGs to some other format from the autocad program, like GIF or JPG (best).
Relevancy 48.16%

Tried to find an answer to a recent problem.
After typing a Word doc, in sz 12 font, both print preview and the print itself are so tiny I cannot read either. I have searched for a way to fix this but cannot.  Any help would be appreciated.

A:MS Word print size

This must be in you print settings somewhere,might be worth looking at.
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear All,

I need to create a batch file which can read the size of file(e.g. 1kb, 2kb...etc) from specific folder and detect 0kb file and convert it to text file (showing 0kb file size) with alarm.

I am not really sure how to write command for this batch file. Please help :-(

Relevancy 47.73%

FrontPage 2000: Am wanting to change layout of a website I'm adjusting, so that a user on any size monitor can see the text without having to scroll horizontally.

Have some HTML knowledge but perhaps it's easier in FrontPage to correct. In the site there are lots of tables and rows with fixed widths. I did manage to change some HTML code so that the rows were expressed in percentages & I did get the text to fit on the screen.

But is there an easier way via FrontPage? The HTML code is hard to keep track of on this site.

Thanks for giving this question some thought!

A:FrontPage 2000-want text to fit into window on any size monitor

The percentage deal is the best way to go to dynamically size a page so it fits on any screen resolution. I would reccomend doing development at 800x600 on your desktop. THen you will only have to worry about people at 640x480 and not many people use that size desktop any more
Relevancy 47.73%

I use outlook express and when I cut from a previously sent email & paste into new email, somehow the font size is changed to a larger size. Even though the original message has the same 10 pt font size, when I paste it into new message also with 10 pt. size it come out 12 pt. It never did this before...I must have accidentally changed some font setting & not been aware. Anyone help?
Relevancy 47.73%

Just installed Windows 2000 pro operating system on my laptop. Cannot get the screen big enough for some reason..surrounded by a large black margin!!?!

My tech knowledge is limited, so any straightforward help is v appreciated!

Btw, tried control panel/ no avail!

Relevancy 47.73%

I am using word 2000 and printing to a HP laser printer. The problem is the the word document
is split into two sections becasue I want to print one section as Landscape and the other section
as Portrait. The first section is Landscape and the section below it is set for Portrait. The problem
is that when I print the document, the Landscape prints fine but the section set for portrait has
the font stretched and looks nothing like arial or courier or any other font. No matter what font
I change to for the portrait section it always prints like the letters are stretched. Have any ideas
on how I can make this print the way I want it too?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I prepare large reports in word 2000 live linked excel 2000 data and charts. The documents are fine on screen, but when printing the charts become badly corrupted. If I break the links before printing, the document prints fine.

I suspect it's a memory problem, but the system seems to have plenty available.

Thanks for any suggestions, ...C

A:print corruption using links in excel 2000/word 2000 when using links
Relevancy 47.73%

If you right click properties of both the paste file and original file and compare both of the file size shown there, if both are the same does it mean that the paste file is properly copy over?

A:simple question regarding file size of copied and paste file

Quote: Originally Posted by junjun

If you right click properties of both the paste file and original file and compare both of the file size shown there, if both are the same does it mean that the paste file is properly copy over?

Did you copy/paste the file itself or just its contents?

If you did copy/paste the file itself it's the same as a "file copy". If there is an error it's reported on the screen! There are many checking mechanisms on disk like CRC check for example (google yourself). And drive firmware itself can check if write was succesfull.

You have to trust win7 or the program that copies.... you can't check if 1000's of files are copied succesfull manually.
Relevancy 47.73%

Im a bit confused in the use of the page layout view in Microsoft Word. I have correctly set the paper size to letter(8.5"*11"), but when I place a piece of paper on my monitor the size and dimensions of the paper do not match the screen at 100% zoom. the paper on screen is much larger than the real paper. And if I choose less zoom (90%) to match the width of the real paper to the one on screen, the paper on screen is a bit longer than the real paper.

A:page size in Microsoft Word

The sizes are not meant to match up.

Actually, Windows doesn't even have the facilities to take monitor size into account automatically. You can set the dpi manually to a custom value, but that will break many apps that depend on the WIndows default of 96.
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm not sure whether this is a Word or W7 issue but I'll try here. I used to be able to alter the display size in Word by Ctrl-mouse wheel. This doesn't work anymore, though it does in Excel and other programmes. I reckon I've done something, but what?

A:Display size in Word 2003

Hi, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Found a small article related to your issue. This might be able to help you.

Zoom Problem | Herb Tyson Technical Blog
Relevancy 47.73%

XP, Office 2003. Normally when a new page comes up in MS Word the typing field is six inches wide. Today mine are fourteen inches wide. How to I return to the normal size?

Relevancy 47.73%

Each time I open Word, the font size is set at 22pt.

How can I set the font to a different default size?

A:Setting Font Size in Word

go to the format menu
> font
select the fonts you want
then click on the default button bottom left of dialoge box
Relevancy 47.73%

With earlier versions of word if you set a document window to a particular size other than the maximum and then shrank that window, when you reopened it, it would be the same size.
If you opened another word doc and shrank it to a different size, word would remember that too.

in Vista all documents open to same size (word and excel too), whether I want them to or not. Also annoying-- if I have several minimized docs., opening any one of them causes them all to open.

I'm sure this is Vista trying to be "helpful" and "useful" but it isn't.

Thoughts on how to solve this?

I don't want to compare doc, *that* I can do.

A:Maintaining window size in Word

A few thoughts. . .

Re: Vista settings: First, I would open one document window, and manually expand the edges by putting your cursor on each of the 4 edges, and dragging each edge to the exact size you want it to be.

Vista sometimes takes several reboots to "remember" the document window's size, so I would then shut down and reboot a couple of times, to see if Vista remembers the size.

Re: MS Word settings: In MS Word, if you have a document shrunk to too small of a size, Word will "think" you want to see 2 pages on the screen. Try opening a Word page and adjusting the Zoom (slider at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen) to make the document size a little larger, just large enough so that you see only one document on the screen.
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a little document that I keep in my pocket, the font on word only goes to 8, is there any way to make it smaller?

Relevancy 47.73%

Whilst using Word the font size keeps changing. I have to keep using the zoom slider to return to 100% which is so annoying. Can anyone help please?
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a 17 inch monitor on my computer. I recently changed the resolution from 480x640 to 800x600. Now, when I type a letter in Word, the letter only uses approximately 2/3 of the screen, with the entire right hand side of the screen white. Is there a setting I can change in Word to correct this problem? Thanks.

A:Word - Screen size question

if you're talking about the view INSIDE the word program window

check the setting for the "zoom" feature on the toolbar (the one with 100% etc) or from the main menu - view, zoom

page width will fill your window

you might want to try the 1024 x 768 setting also, gets a lot more on your monitor but smaller of course
Relevancy 47.3%

Thank to 5532g

My question about font style and size did not work.
i am already on large size ( ie:14 max)

it still to small and strenghteneous for my eyes.

i have previously done all the possibilities (obviously I did miss one).

Other ideas will be much appreciated.

A:File explorer(file manager)font size

Please do not post duplicates. You have replies here:

Make all posts regarding this matter in that thread. This one is closed.
Relevancy 47.3%

I downloaded a file, didn't download correctly, size = 0 bytes.

Reports owner unknown. I can't change ownership, remove file properties, any of that stuff. Can't rename or delete. I'm logged in as administrator but it keeps asking for administrator permission.

Another question about file ownerships - I tried to do a backup once, during an OS re-install, many files came back garbled, with file names switched around, many picture files had a file size but would not open, even if I changed the extensions, etc.

It seems easier to just copy files to an external, then copy back, than doing the windows backup. Is this what other's have found?
Relevancy 47.3%

I had completed a beautiful 82-slide PowerPoint presentation, but the wav file I embedded was HUGE (about 200 MB) and not to my choosing. I just had to have the music a certain length to span across 82 slides. Is there ANY WAY to reduce the size of this music wav file (so that it conforms to the 50 MB max file size for PowerPoint). I would rather embed this music file than to have a link. Any suggetions?

A:Reducing wav file size (audio file) for powerpoint?

I'm not familiar with PP but could you not convert the wav to mp3/ogg or other? Or split the 200mb wav into 4 * 50mb files?

As I say, I'm not up on PowerPoint, but workarounds..... ;-)
Relevancy 47.3%

Is there any way to patch the file system to make it be able to support having files larger than 4GBs? Because I have a usb hard drive in which I have formated in FAT32 so I can plug it into my Playstation 3 so I can listen to music and watch movies. And there is some files I would like to put on it that are over 4GBs. I have heard of patching FAT32 to allow files over 4GBs on the file system but I haven't seen anywhere to get this patch. So I thought I would post here to see if anyone had any idea to get around this issue without reformating or changing the format of the drive.

Relevancy 46.87%

I noticed a post about this but it is closed so i can't reply. I was having troubles in Microsoft Word, when i would insert a background picture it would blow it up to twice the size so i would only see a portion of the image. I figured out its the resolution that makes it distorted so by changing my image to 72 dpi from 150 dpi it fit perfectly into my word document. Hope this helps others with the same issue!
Relevancy 46.87%

In my Word Stater 2010 window, in the Print Display mode; the document is only a tiny 1 inch by 1.5 inch size.

How do I get the working doucment on the screen to be full sized in the "Print Display" mode, so I can use it??

Thank you, Ed-L

A:Word Starter 2010 doc display size

Try zooming in: Microsoft Word Lessons and Tutorials - Print Preview
Relevancy 46.87%

On the Word Starter that is preloaded on my HP 2000 the paper size has been srunk down so small I cannot even read what I write. I need to get back to the right size. I hit somethings that made the paper size small but I cannot find how to get it back to the right size. Help me out

A:Microsolf Word Starter/paper size ?

Should be in the Page Setup, change to the wanted size and then select the "Default" button.

The Default button sets the current entries as the "Default". It does NOT reset back to what was default as a lot of users think.
Relevancy 46.87%

should be a simple one this....

does anyone know the pixel size of a single A4 word document please?

the reason being is I am going to create a couple of brochures and converting them to pdf but the program that I know how to use well is Maromedia Fireworks, so I'd like to stick to what I'm good at. From fireworks I am wanting to convert the file to pdf if that makes sense. But I need to know the pixel size of an A4 document so I can start to create the brochures.

thanks in advance!

A:Pixel size of a single A4 Word Document

There is no answer to that question.

Or, many answers.

It has a defined display size, which is totally dependent on your screen resolution.

It has a printed pixel resolution which is totally dependent on your printer resolution and its settings.

But the document itself has no actual parameters regarding pixels except as above.

When converting to PDF you should be able to specify the dpi (dots per inch) and multiplying by the document size will give a pixel (dot) count, but that is entirely dependent on the PDF creation software and its settings, not the originating A4 document.