Windows Support Forum

Email Merge from Office Access to Office Outlook

Q: Email Merge from Office Access to Office Outlook

I am using Office 2003 on an XP pro system. I merge my word document with an existing Access database to send out emails thru Office Outlook. Outlook shuts down, as in stops sending emails at random intervals. Sometimes restating Outlook will get it going but most times it comes down to removing all merged emails and re-doing the merge to get it going again. Sending in groups of 100 to 9000 at a time. The merge goes well, it is the Oulook. Help please.

Printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-merge-from-office-access-to-office-outlook.347881/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Email Merge from Office Access to Office Outlook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 110.94%

I ve seen this issue on email Office Problem Merge 2003 HTML Outlook 2007 other postings but have not seen the answer yet I have Vista Outlook and Office I have been trying to send an email merge works fine on my other XP machine with office in HTML I can send a merge in text but the HTML option Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem yields nothing I purchased outlook because Msft Mail was not working either I am about to throw out outlook and try to downgrade to outlook to see if this option works as it does on my XP machine Any ideas before I totaly frustrate my wife by reloading her software again When the quot text email merge is initiatied I get a message for each mail that asks me to accept that another program is trying to send an email This seems to happen for each email which could really be a problem for several hundred emails I have tried turning off the firewall but the box still appears This whole Vista thing is making me crazy I have to reconfigure my outlook and transfer the list of names and the word doc to my xp laptop just so I can send the Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem mail merge What is the setting to turn this off I am wondering why I paid for Vista and the Oulook sw Sorry just frustrated This should not be so difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-outlook-2007-html-email-merge-problem.739840/
Relevancy 108.36%

Hey y'all,

Been searching for this answer the past day & am stumped.

The long subject tells the tale but here is more detail.

I have a Word 2K doc that I want to fax to my clients automatically. Their fax numbers are in my Access 2K database. I used mailmerge and found my data source, click merge, get the merge dbox and select electronic mail. Help I found said this is what is used for faxes as there is no fax option. I click setup & select my data field w/fax numbers. When I click merge I get a check names box from Outlook 2K saying no matches found for my # in the db. I've tried the testing from MSKB, everything checks out. I have removed check names in Outlook. I'm at the end of my rope. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Steve

A:Solved: Office 2K: FAX a Word doc to clients, # in Access, @ merge Outlook wants # from conta

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2k-fax-a-word-doc-to-clients-in-access-merge-outlook-wants-from-conta.518049/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, I am having real problems trying to send mail merge emails to subscribers of a charity event I am organising. I have previously done it successfully but I have recently changed my laptop and it now runs on Vista - this is the only change. I am using office 2007. Please help! Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-to-email-via-office-2007-vista.917735/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I have attempted to print out mailing labels from my Contacts Folder in Outlook without success I list here the steps taken so far - Contact page selected in Outlook containing all the addresses I want to print I then click Tools gt Mail Merge In the MM Page I have selected - Mail Outlook using Problem 2003 Office Merge with All Contacts All Problem with Mail Merge Office 2003 using Outlook Contact Fields amp Mailing Labels Selecting quot OK quot launches MS Word with instructions to click quot SETUP quot in Section of the MM Helper Page which now appears When this is clicked the quot LABEL OPTIONS quot Page appears Here I select quot AVERY Problem with Mail Merge Office 2003 using Outlook A amp A sizes quot with Product Number of L cLICKING quot ok quot brings me to the Blank Label Page with MM Helper Page still superimposed on it There are choices on this page with the rd choice quot MERGE quot greyed out I only use the Mail Merge facility rarely the last time was almost a year ago but I seem to remember that the rd choice here i e quot MERGE quot was not quot greyed out quot the last time I used this facility Any advice as to how to resolve this would be appreciated

A:Problem with Mail Merge Office 2003 using Outlook

Hello thenoo,
Refer to the links below to see if they can provide you with more useful information...

About using contacts for a mail merge - Outlook - Office.com

How to use Outlook contacts with mail merge in Office Word 2003

Use mail merge for mass mailings and more - Training - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/202063-problem-mail-merge-office-2003-using-outlook.html
Relevancy 84.71%

User has Win XP Pro and Office 2003. She can send/receive email & attachments using Outlook 2003 directly, but if she tries to send an attachment through Office applications using the "File...Send..." feature, she gets the message:

"The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D".

In googling this error message I have found solutions for situations in which NO email can be sent, but none for this situation, in which email is OK when sent directly through Outlook but not through an Office application. I tried the Microsoft Community Newsgroup, but the only response I have so far is to make sure Outlook is set as the default, which it is. Does anyone have any advice?

A:Can't Email W/outlook From Office Aps

Hello snoopsmom!

What ISP (Internet Service Provider) are they using? Usually you can find help on setting up Outlook through the ISP Help Pages.

diego88

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36437/cant-email-woutlook-from-office-aps/
Relevancy 84.28%

Windows 7/Office 2007. I just installed Office 2007 on a brand new HP Laptop running W7 64bit. When click on a URL in an email, I get the following error message, "MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This also happened when clicking on an "Unsubscribe" link in a different email. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

Here's the solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049#fixit4me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-office-2007-cannot-launch-url-in-an-email-in-outlook.969516/
Relevancy 83.85%

In 2012 I purchased (by email) and received a letter from M/Office to download Microsoft Office 2010.I am now trying to download (as I am entitled to) a copy for my new notebook (Windows 10) assuming it will accept the program.I am having difficulty in completing a download.   I now cannot contact the people in question (I can attach a copy of the email if wanted)I cannot ring the US as I am in Australia and would prefer to email anyway.Judy

A:Email address required for M/Office re Office 2010

Surely someone in the US knows the address of Microsoft (email address that is) - as I cannot ring from Australia.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154896.0.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Using Outlook 2003, Part of MS Office Professional Edition 2003, which has the capability of having multiple, separate & complete email addresses, each functioning in their own profile.

E.g. I open Outlook and it gives me a drop-down box to choose which email I want to go to, say email1 or email2.

Email1 has 2 "Contacts" areas defined.
1st problem is how to combine and synch these two. I don't want two.

Email2 as 1 "Contacts" area.
2nd problem is to combine the contacts from Email1 with Email2.

I thought these were *.pab files, but a search for *.pab comes up empty.
I do find multiple *.pst files

Any suggestions?

A:Help with Contacts Merge in Outlook 2003,Part of MS Office Professional Edition 2003

Oh, and I need tips on how to make SURE I've got the existing stuff backed up before I mess with anything. This isn't my computer I'm working on, and there are 4000 contacts involved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-contacts-merge-in-outlook-2003-part-of-ms-office-professional-edition-2003.405337/
Relevancy 83.85%

I was one of the CCs in an email sent from person #1 toperson #2. #2 replied to #1.I also got the reply.Probably the other CCs did too.Should #2 have deleted the CCs beforereplying to #1 in order to prevent it going to all CCs?Or did #2 click the Reply All button instead of just the Reply button?

I use MS Office Outlook 2010 configured to check for mailevery 10 minutes. Sometimes I see anerror message at the bottom of the window after waking computer fromsleep.It has apparently tried toconnect to my email server but couldn?t.I guess because there is no internet connection while sleeping.I can always just click Send/Receive and itthen connects.Is Outlook trying toconnect even though computer is sleeping?I haven?t found any setting to stop connection attempt whilesleeping.Is there such a thing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/399503-ms-office-outlook-email-question.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Friends,

I need your Help in Adding my Old Email to my Existing Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Email. I have my normal Incoming and Outgoing msgs running smoothly. However, I need to add another folder inside this email and add the old Msgs, so that I could view them when I need so ?

Appreciate if someone could help me step by step, being a novice on this, how to add this old messages to my existing normal running email in Office OUtllook 2007. Presently, I am running the COmputer on Windows XP ( SP2 ).

Hope that I would get a favourable response. THanks

Best Regards

Relevancy 82.99%

We are in the middle of moving from a local exchange server to using Microsoft hosted mail Currently both our local mail and office mail are active As an intermediary step I am attaching both accounts to our current version of outlook so that people can move mail through Outlook at their own pace So far I've set this up a dozen times with minimal issues but I have run into a strange problem One user's outlook fails repeatedly to add the account It acts like it's working fine but when outlook requests the password my user types it in and the box requesting the password pops up again If told to cancel an error pops up stating that the exchange server cannot be found and that outlook needs to be online outlook to an email 365 office 2010 Attaching I neglected to get the complete message but that is the gist The same email can be setup on a different machine and the password is correct because it was used to set up one drive on the same machine I even tried creating a new mail profile Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 but it Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 also had Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 issues The problem has to be with that installation of outlook specifically and possibly the user profile This user has had a lot of issues with their outlook before sometimes due to data size issues too many names in the junk list just flat too much email period They currently have a lot of pst archived folders attached to outlook as a compromise to keeping the inbox small and I'm wondering if this could have any impact Has anyone heard of this problem or have any suggestions

A:Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010

Never mind. I kind of answered my own question after I thought about it.

FYI: Even if the main profile is under 2 GB, if all the open data files exceed a certain size (I'm not sure how much, but this was over 6 GB) it will not add a new profile. I closed the other data files and was then able to add the new email without issue. After restarting outlook, I was able to reopen the other data files, and all seems to be well now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606829/attaching-an-office-365-email-to-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 82.99%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I started using Microsoft Office Outlook yesterday. I have setup the pop3 e-mail account and I was able to view and maintain my inbox with Outlook.

I logged in my calpolyonline email by webmail and all my emails in the inbox are gone. Did not know that using Outlook actually grabs all the email from the inbox.

I removed the email account from Outlook and the email in my calpolyonline webmail is still zero.
How do I retrieve all the emails back into the webmail? Thanks in advance.

A:Microsoft Office Outlook - Email all gone in inbox

once Outlook retrieves the email, it is delivered to you (mail has been deleted from the email serve once you recieve it)

The only thing I can suggest is resend it to yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-email-all-gone-in-inbox.283607/
Relevancy 82.99%

For years I have used Microsoft Office but never used the Outlook part for emails. With Live Mail on its way out I thought that I would try it out. I have set up my accounts and can send and receive with no problems and it is slowly populating all the various Received/Sent/Deleted sections.
I have loads of contacts in the Contacts section but what I have yet to figure out is how to get the To: box to autocomplete the email address as I start to type in the recipients name. I am finding that I have to look up the email address and get that inserted. I am sure that there must be an auto complete but I have yet to find it.
All suggestions gratefully received.

A:Using Microsoft Office 2013 OUtlook email

As far as I'm aware, there is no auto complete function on Outlook. Then again, I might be totally wrong. Terribly sorry that I can't be much more help.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/using-microsoft-office-2013-outlook-email-4604553/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
I plan to update Office Pro 2003 to Office 2013 with Outlook. I need some Advice on how to move all of my Outlook info in 2003 to Outlook 2013.
Thank you, Richard

Relevancy 81.7%

Ahead of a small library email migration to our own email hosted by MS Office network domain I am experimenting with importing pst files Some users have Windows some Windows Most users will access email through the Office web portal but for users with their own desktop setups it would be nice to configure their email at their own computers Testing revealed no surprise Configuring 365 small on with Outlook Office email network a Configuring Outlook on small network with Office 365 email problem with Windows Configuring Outlook on small network with Office 365 email I configured my own Outlook with email after logging in to network Emails came in Great Logged out of the network logged in as another employee tried to repeat the process and ran headlong into the quot Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC quot I don't want to do this The reason I logged in as another user is I will be responsible for importing pst files from the old email service hosted by a larger library system of which we are a part My understanding is to do this I need a desktop install of Outlook not available through the web app Question Is there a way around the Switch to a Microsoft Account bit because now I can't even get back to my own Outlook email that was successful in the beginning I hope I provided a good enough explanation I appreciate the collective wisdom here Thanks

A:Configuring Outlook on small network with Office 365 email

Oy! Realized I was using the stupid app from Metro Start screen. Using the Outlook under Programs area of Apps worked a treat. YAY.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49839-configuring-outlook-small-network-office-365-email.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am trying to add a logo after my name in my emails on Outlook 2003.
In order to do so I understand I need to have options set to Use Office Word 2003 as my email editor.
This option is greyed out and most likeky the reason is I have a 2007 version of Office Word installed.
Any suggestions how I am going to get the logo onto my emails?

Danny
Compac Presario
2 Quad Processor 2.67 GHz
4GB ram
2 x 500 Gb HDD
32 Bit
Win Office Business
Outlook 2003
MS Office 2007 -non commercial

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
I have just signed up to this forum and am totally IT inept.
I am trying to set up a sort of manager / assistant sharing of an inbox and caledar through outlook. However we both only have office 365 individual licence and we dont seem to be able to share in the normal way.
We need to both be able to work from an inbox (which my boss wants to set up using an individual domain name) and the same calendar.
I have been going round and round in circles with this to no avail. Please help.
Thank you.

A:sharing outlook email and calendar office 365 individual

Are using Office 365 for a Business where other users are able to share calendars, etc? It sounds like your saying that you currently only have the Office software license, and not the Online Account portion of the package. Can you clarify? In terms of what I use, GoDaddy sells 3 basic packages. The Online Essentials (just the email account), the Business Premium (Office and the email account), and on a separate page, Office 365 Software (just the software).

You mentioned "an individual domain name". Do you mean that you and another person will be sharing a single mailbox and calendar like "example@company.com"? Does your boss want you two to use a different domain name than the rest of the company?

If the company doesnt currently subscribe to Office 365's Business Email service, then that's where you will want to start. Wherever your domain name is currently living (where you bought it) is where you should start inquiring about purchasing this service. Once you've setup your new email account, you can another person can both have it setup and can both use it, add and delete from the calendar, check and reply to messages, etc. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615214/sharing-outlook-email-and-calendar-office-365-individual/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am all out of ideas... please help....
Running XP with Outlook 2003. virgin ISP, Avira premium security.
All going fine.. then.. I can now no longer send emails.. I can receive them. They keep bouncing back not even leaving the computer...saying

554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied,

I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed.

I can get online, I have scanned for mal ware, viruses, defragged, backed up, checked fire wall...

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Kind regards
mangotoo

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

A:Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

You didn't say what types of accounts they are, but mostly likely there isn't a way, unless there is a third-party tool or these are Exchange accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I use now MSOffice 2003 but want to upgrade to the Student version 2010 which comes without Access.
Does the Access from MS Office 2003 work in tandem with MSOffice 2010?

Karl

A:does MS Office 2010 work with Access from Office 2003?

Some information on this in the following links:
Information about how to use Office 2010 suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office

Keep earlier versions of Office programs when installing Office 2010 - Excel - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/246923-does-ms-office-2010-work-access-office-2003-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My computer is an HP Pavilion a f running Windows Vista Home Edition that I ve had since new years ago During the past week or 2010 Outlook in MS Email Office Unable to Send/Receive so I ve had trouble with my Office Outlook email program in the MS Office suite When I open it and click on an email I d get the Not Responding notation next to the program name in the top part of the window To correct this I ve used the repair function on the cd and the scanpst file in Program File Microsoft Office Office This seems to work for a while but the Not Responding message has still appeared Concerned that I might lose my two email data files for Office Outlook I exported them to a flash drive Unable to Send/Receive Email in MS Office Outlook 2010 where I incorporated them into one file named Outlook Data File pst After I d repaired the program I imported this file and have my data but am now unable to send receive emails using the program I can send receive emails via the Internet but prefer Office Outlook When I try Send Receive on Office Outlook I get the error message x F which talks about synchronization of an offline address book with Exchange Servers or link here http support microsoft com kb I contacted my ISP Unable to Send/Receive Email in MS Office Outlook 2010 and the techie helped me to ensure that I had a functioning email address but was unable to remedy the problem because it s a Microsoft program which the ISP doesn t support but does support Office I d be grateful for any advice that will correct this problem nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

In January I installed a new hard drive Vista Rendering Outlook Office Conflict 2003 and Email on my computer and uploaded Vista Business reinstalled Office Suite I was told there should be no conflict between the two The first time I opened Office Outlook I noted a problem Certain incoming e-mails were not rendering properly they rendered in raw format instead of rendered format When I opened the e-mail the first thing I would see was the expanded header in the body of the e-mail where it should not be next came the body of the message that I should see if the e-mail rendered properly next came the html source coding These e-mails are a mess There seems to be a few hints to the problem First Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook of all all these incoming e-mails have my e-mail address in the bcc field Second the e-mails are in MIME format Some of the e-mails actually come in with a message below the expanded header that states quot This message is in MIME format Since your mail reader does not understand this format some or all of this message may not be legible Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook quot I have contacted Microsoft about this problem they aren t interested I ve tried talking to their tech support people in India about this problem but they do not have sufficient command of the English Language to be able to discuss it intelligently Judging from the Microsoft User Forum this problem is more wide-spread than Microsoft would like to acknowledge I ve done everything I can think of to resolve this issue Nothing seems to work I recently had a new motherboard and processor installed Vista and Office Suite reinstalled My system is totally updated The problem is still there I ran Office Suite previously on XP Pro and had no problems The problem only surfaced when I installed Vista as my OS Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi,

Each time I send an email my Outlook crashes. Attached is an emial of the screenshot I get and below is the problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 15.0.4420.1017
Application Timestamp: 506734e2
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f0c22
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000108a9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
skulcid: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txtClick to expand...

Can anybody please advise how this can be fixed?

Cheers
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2013-outlook-crashes-each-time-i-send-an-email.1107552/
Relevancy 80.84%

I m having a sport of bother using email via Outlook in VB within Access The procedure below is called to send a number of emails and all works OK If I run the process again it simply hangs although it looks as though it managed to send the first message Presumably Outlook is waiting looking for something Have I perhaps not closed the first process correctly The basis of the code was grabbed from the Micro oft site which may be the root of the problem Sub SendEmail stTo As String stPath As String Start Outlook If it s already running we ll use the same instance Dim olApp As Outlook Application Set olApp CreateObject quot Outlook Application Access/VB/Outlook Office Automation quot Logon Doesn t hurt if we are already running and logged on Dim olNs As Outlook NameSpace Set olNs olApp GetNamespace quot MAPI quot olNs Logon Send a message Dim olMail As Outlook MailItem Set olMail olApp CreateItem olMailItem Fill out amp send message With olMail To stTo Subject quot Test attached file quot Body quot File attached quot amp vbCrLf amp stTo amp vbCrLf amp stPath Attachments Add stPath Send End With Clean up olNs Logoff Set olNs Nothing Set olMail Nothing Set olApp Nothing End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Dear tech Support Team,

i use ms outlook to get my emails, by default when i make a new email i just type first letter from any email address the remain appears alone.

now, i want to move my emails and contacts to another PC, i did it, but a problem appears with contacts, i can see all contacts list in my contacts folder but when i made a new email and typing the first letter the remain address doesn't appear, why???

best regards
moussa bahsoun,
Lebanon

A:MS OUTLOOK, for Office 2003 & Office 2007

You need to copy the Nickname cache, the .Nk2 files from your old computer to your new one. Here is a tutorial. Copy the AutoComplete list to another computer - Outlook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-outlook-for-office-2003-and-office-2007-a-918138.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I have Office on my HP Surface Pro and it has been working fine ever since I contacts 2010 will not Outlook Office access installed it months ago Now today when I was sending a new e-mail and click on the TO in order to bring up my list of contacts I do not get the contacts list but instead get a window that is titled Select Names Contacts Type your search keywords and click Go to perform a search I can type the person's name in the search field and it pulls them up I then touch on To in this search window and it will then Office Outlook 2010 will not access contacts allow me to select OK which transfers the person's e-mail address to the New Email screen I can't figure out what has happened My contact folder still contains all of my e-mail addresses but they will not pull up from the create a new email screen when you click on the TO field while attempting to select e-mail address Can anyone help me I have tried everything I know to do Thanks I am using Office and my Surface Pro has Windows on it but it has been working perfectly until today

A:Office Outlook 2010 will not access contacts

First, which version of Office do you have? You start by saying you have 2013, but then at the end you say you have 2010. This is important, as there are significant changes to the user interface between 2010 and 2013. Are you using the Outlook client on the computer, or the Outlook web app? Also, are you searching for the contacts in Outlook, or are you searching using the Windows 8 search bar?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509022/office-outlook-2010-will-not-access-contacts/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

https://hardforum.com/threads/not-sure-if-proper-area-but-win10-and-office-2003-outlook-email-issue-with-links.1907946/
Relevancy 79.12%

I am unable to open any links in the e-mail. Each time I try to open a link for example to view responses to Bleepingcomputer.com; it gives this message. "operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on the computer. Please contact system administrator. I am the system administrator and working in the administrators account. Just recently started doing this . Any ideals where to lift the restrictions appreciated. thanks

A:OFFICE OUTLOOK STATES RESTRICTED ACCESS TO LINKS

Hi, What version of Outlook are you using? What OS are you running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194550/office-outlook-states-restricted-access-to-links/
Relevancy 79.12%

When linking the calendar in Outlook express to a table in Access, why does it only show/import just appointments up to just "today's date"? Why does tha table in Access not show an appointment for next week and if that can be done, how do I do it?

Thanks!

John

Relevancy 76.97%

Are there any advantage to using the Mail Merge feature with Office Professional 2013 versus Office Professional 2007?

A:Mail Merge with Office 2013

Its a little fancier with more templates and conditional merging, but the basics the same, and still clunky when connecting to access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-with-office-2013.1133037/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

Not sure this is the right forum? Can anyone suggest a techy office forum?

My problem is when using Word 02 SP3 to mail merge a spreadsheet from Excel 02 SP3 the formating is scew wiff in that it places a space before every postcode address. There have been problems also with random commas as well. All this is when using the wizard. Is there any greater control on the actual formating of field? I have googled it but come up with nothing helpful. As ever I entrust myself to the collective wisdom of Bleeping Computer!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212268/mail-merge-office-2002/
Relevancy 76.97%

Office version Hey folks I ve Mail Merge query MS Office got a customer of ours who has just bought a load of new computers MS Office Mail Merge query To set them up we ve done an audit as to who has what software on their machines so when we install the new pc s we don t miss out on anything On the spreadsheet I basically put names passwords software etc etc however with the software list I used one cell but defined each new application with a quot quot E G Office photoshop cs bespoke app Now the idea as to what I want to achieve now is to have a general template in word which i can run a mail merge from then in a table labelled quot software quot get the mail merge to read the specific column in the spreadsheet which has all the software names on it but on the word document to put each bit of software on the line beneath using the to know when to do a carriage return Is this possible Thanks Matt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-mail-merge-query.1088691/
Relevancy 76.54%

We are wanting to up-grade our current Office suite Office 2003 to either Office 2010 or Office 2013.  Our PC's are running Windows 7

I would just like to know what peoples opinions and advice is on this?

A:Up-grade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 or Office 2013

I can't speak to Office 2013, but I've done numerous upgrades to Office through 2010.  When you install the new version, you have the option to keep the old version or just replace it.  Starting with Office 2007 the familiar menu bar has been replaced with the ribbons which take a lot of getting used to for folks used to older versions.  There's a little program called UbitMenu that will add most of the menu bar functions back in the 2007 and 2010 versions that a lot of folks find helpful.  If you do opt to have two different versions installed at the same time, what happens is that when you switch from one to the other, it goes through a juggling act that takes a minute or so.  It's a bit of a pain, but if you need it, it could be a convenience.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541032/up-grade-from-office-2003-to-office-2010-or-office-2013/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am trying to create mail merge address labels sheet containing 22 names and addresses in Word from an Excel spreadsheet. I get through the wizard OK, but in the end it only prints the first name and address out of a total of 22. I used the same spreadsheet to mail merge the same names and addresses onto a prepared letter in Word and that worked just fine for all 22. Please help save my sanity!

Relevancy 76.11%

Doing a weekly mail merge on Office 2007 with two different xls files. One of the fields to be used is a customer number - the majority of customer numbers are digits only but some accounts are alpha numeric. I just noticed that for some in one file the alpha numeric enty is changed to Zero instead of W1234 - all the numeric account numbers have no issue.

In the other file all account numbers are fine including the W1234? I looked at the formatting of the cells and it shows up as General for both files.

Anyone please who can shed some light on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-mail-merge-mystery.907598/
Relevancy 76.11%

I had to sign up for a business office 365 account because my outlook.com account no longer supported my domain account.
I don't want to have 2 different accounts but all of my onedrive, one note, devices are under my personal account How do I merge the 2 acounts?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444940-how-do-i-merge-my-personal-business-account-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Using microsoft office 2007, I created invoices for service business, w/ a database in Excel, which is also a contacts folder in outlook. When I try to run the mail merge wizard, it will not allow me to edit my recipient list...it just goes back to one that was once created erroneously when first setting up. I've tried changing the source of reciepients (database, & outlook folders). I've tried making changes when previewing the letter, & that doesn't work, either. If I follow the wizard all the way to the end, to the merge records prompt, it goes to a blue screen. After waiting for a response, which doesn't happen, I escape out & get a message that "microsoft office word is not responding. If you restart or close the program it will try to recover your information" I've tried both closing & restartingto no avail. Help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-mail-merge-failure.702944/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have tried several times to mail merge from Word 2007 and I get the message MAPI Folder or Address Book not found.
My operating system is Windows XP.

I would be grateful if someone could help.

Thanking in anticipation.

Relevancy 76.11%

I am making up mailing labels using Excel 2003 and Word 2003 on XP computer. As I go through the set up I noted that when you select a field and hit a space or return all it does is add the same information again.
I have had to enter all the data in a row and then edit by adding spaces and returns to make the label come out correct.
Seems there must be a better way than this. Office 2000 had a very good system.
What if anything can I do the make this work right.
HP 2.66 Ghz CPU 512 RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-labels-in-office-2003.251513/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all I have a Database containing a member list in access I ? Merge 2000 Office No - > Mail possible HTML send personalized emailings for evening parties each member receives an email with his name amp a few details according to certain criterias I need to send HTML emails for the formatting The simplest method seemed to use MS Word quot Tools Office Fusion with MS Word quot to send a mailing The sending works fine however MS word is incapable of sending HTML messages that way it only sends plain text This seems to be a Mail Merge Office 2000 - > No HTML possible ? built in limit Does anyone know how to work around this Mail Merge Office 2000 - > No HTML possible ? MS Word limitation and send html messages keeping the formatting I m ready to have a look at any software preferably freeware or cheap you might suggest An important point for the sake of simplicity would be to be able to launch it from access directly like the Tools Office Fusion with MS Word thing because I do Mail Merge Office 2000 - > No HTML possible ? my sorting in Access and don t want to save the results to a separate table each time Thanks a million if anyone can help me Fabrice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-office-2000-no-html-possible.150571/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I've just Word Merge? 2007 Office E-mail tried using Office Word email merge I've followed the tutorial for doing it step by step Use E-mail Messages Use The Current Document my email message is already types out in the open document Use An Existing List I already have an email list to send from and choose it Add my recipient information blocks I've done this Preview the message done this all is Office 2007 Word E-mail Merge? good Hit quot Electronic Mail quot a small options window opens to make sure the right fields are selected I've selected quot email message quot filled the subject line selected HTML and under quot Send Records quot I've selected quot All quot I hit quot OK quot this is suppose to be when the emails get sent but nothing happens Office 2007 Word E-mail Merge? At least I am not getting any of the emails that I've sent to my own email address Does anyone now why this might be I really like finally getting to mail merge I am looking forward to using quit frequently that is if I can figure it out Any help will be greatly appreciated HAPPY THANKSGIVING John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182249/office-2007-word-e-mail-merge/
Relevancy 76.11%

This is the first time I ve tried to use the mail merge function in Office XP I have been using Office I got the Mail Problem Office [SOLVED] XP Merge letter and envelope to both work finally However whenever I try to merge an Excel list to make labels it insists on printing only ONE label per page not the that are actually on the page I m using Avery labels across down The proper template comes up when I choose the label I insert the address block in the first label lt lt Next Record gt gt automatically appears in all other labels on the page When I click on Preview your labels an address appears only in the first box When I click backward for forward on the preview button all of the names appear--but only in the first box I did try to print thinking that when printed they would appear as different labels [SOLVED] Office XP Mail Merge Problem on each page But it prints out only ONE label [SOLVED] Office XP Mail Merge Problem per page Quite a problem when I have almost labels to print PLEASE HELP I HAVE TO PRINT THESE LABELS BY WEDNESDAY EVENING nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I have some xls files on opening in .xls Office 97-2003 after files S access Cannot Office Excel excel Solved: a cd which I could open fine until yesterday The files Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S were created on my Acer Aspire Z Microsoft Windows Home Premium system x - Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S based pc using Microsoft Office Excel - Yesterday I opened the cd on a different laptop Acer Aspire bit operating system - windows home premium service pack This laptop opened the files using Microsoft Excel starter I saved the files back to my cd when I d finished then safely ejected the CD using the correct method Now when I insert the CD into either pc it show the CD drive but there are no visible files so I can t open anything I tried the error checking tool but it can t check for errors as it says quot windows cannot access the disk quot Can anyone help me open the files please I have all the files backed up elsewhere except for the two I worked on yesterday but I really don t want to have to type them up again unless I absolutely have to as it will take me many hours Any help would really be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot access Office excel 97-2003 .xls files after opening in Office Excel S

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-access-office-excel-97-2003-xls-files-after-opening-in-office-excel-s.1068139/
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600. I have Office 2000. I'm trying to do a mail merge with Word taking data from Excel to print mailing labels. I can only get to the step of telling Word where to get the data and I get the message that Windows is low on memory. I have no other programs running and I've tried restarting the computer. Other, larger programs like Photoshop have no problem running.

A:Low memory message when using mail merge in Office 2000

How much physical memory (RAM) do you have? I don't know because I've never done a mail merge, but I have a feeling that the process would require a considerable amount of swap space--in Windows it's called the Page or Paging File.

What is the actual error message verbatim? If it mentions virtual memory, the issue is with the size of your page file. The page file is basically unused space on your hard drive that Windows can use to dump data when making transfers of any kind. Therefore, in addition to posting your physical memory, what is the size of your hard drive or system partition, and how much free space is available?

chris.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-memory-message-when-using-mail-merge-in-office-2000.405356/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have Office 2010. I am trying to do a Mail Merge with 650 addresses on an envelope. All the fields merge fine except one. The field is Street Type (Dr, St, Ave, etc.). The field returns a value of time. 12:00:00 AM. The field settings on the excel spreadsheet are for Text.

There are no leading or trailing spaces in the field.

All other fields merge just fine and have the same settings.

Any advice?

Relevancy 75.25%

I am trying to do a mail merge from a Word 2007 document.

I go to "Mailings"
Then to "Start mail merge"
"Labels"
then
I choose my label style and number
then
"select recipients"
then I click on my document.
This is where I think there may be a problem.

It doesn't give me an option to select the data table. Not sure why. It always did in the past.

The next step is for the address block. This also is not giving me a preview like it did before.

After I "Update labels" and then click preview.

There is nothing. Not one word to preview and the 8 pages of labels consisting of 1800+ words is gone.

I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-label-mail-merge-trouble.962851/
Relevancy 75.25%

Is there any way that the address block layout can be changed.

The default is:-

Survey One Pty Ltd
Mr Jack Gordon
12 Wright Ave.,
Melbourne Vic 3000
in Australian is should be:

Mr Jack Gordon
Survey One Pty Ltd
12 Wright Ave.,
Melbourne Vic 3000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-block-mail-merge-office-2003.305185/
Relevancy 74.39%

Directions say to use the underline instead of spacebar. The list prints out with the underline still there!

A:Office 2007 Mail Merge address show underline

Have you tried using Spacebar instead of underline? Go against Microsoft for once!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-mail-merge-address-show-underline.959577/
Relevancy 74.39%

I posted into a similar thread earlier and one of the distinguished one Personalize Office How Mail does create 2000 Messages - MS Merge members recommended that I start MS Office 2000 - How does one create Personalize Mail Merge Messages a new thread so here goes I am looking for a Solution that uses MS Office Products Desktop Laptop PC List of Recipients and Personalized data stored in quot csv files quot No Macros I m not to skilled in that area - but I might have to learn Goal Create Personalized Emails to List Members that also insert some personal information unique to that list member Reason to automate Approximately of these need to be sent every few days for a few weeks and since I m doing it for free I want to do it efficiently without buying any more software if possible I m not a spammer so I want to avoid being blocked by the ISP s by mistake Also the persnalized portion is key to the contents Problem Microsoft Office Help for Word Excel Access Outlook have no specific solution identified Later version of Office allow users to carry out this function through the mail merge menu item so I am curious as to whether or not the functionality exists in Office some where in the nether region of the application Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:MS Office 2000 - How does one create Personalize Mail Merge Messages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-2000-how-does-one-create-personalize-mail-merge-messages.680640/
Relevancy 73.96%

Are there any differences between office 365 home and office 2016 pro when you compared their installations of word, excel, power point and publisher?
For example, is Word from O365 the same as Word in Office 2016? Or does one have more options/features than the other?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440939-difference-between-office-365-office-installation-office-2016-pro-plus.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I used to have office 2016 on my pc but at some point I had to do a reset. When I went to install office again, it picked my office 365 license and not the license key I had. I didn't notice this until last week when I started getting notifications that it was expiring.
I tried with tech support to get the original license key installed and not the O365 license but it didn't work.
So does anyone have the proper steps I need to take to install the one time license key?
Thank you

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440938-replace-office-365-office-one-time-license-office.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I understand that if a user installs Open Office on a machine with conventional Office - that Open Office will use its own suite of products for each application Unless the user ops to use Office to open the applications by unchecking the corresponding application boxes during Open Office s installation But if a user chooses Open Office as the default for (MS Question? Office) Office/Open Office Hypothetical A applications on a system that also has Office on it how does Open Office deal A Hypothetical Office Question? (MS Office/Open Office) with this if the OO applications remain checked as the default Does the current version of OO even understand how to DEAL with the new Office I understand that OO can not read docx documents which is the default for Word although this can be easily changed back to doc I found out that Open Office scheduled for release this fall will be able to read docx documents What s so great about docx docs anyway Using my example assume this situation on a new Windows Vista machine fresh installs of each program or Office OEM factory installed What behavior would be expected here Jack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-hypothetical-office-question-ms-office-open-office.693466/
Relevancy 73.53%

I can't open any messages, opened or unopened. I have tried "repairing" Office 2013--both the quick and full repair--to no avail. 
I can send email I can open my email on my phone. And I can use Outlook Web Access to access a Microsoft account.

But I can't open it on my computer. Using Windows 8.1 HELP!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d977d8d-7f40-4ca1-9f64-50337e5fa56c/microsoft-office-2013-pro-email-in-outlook-is-quotfrozenquot?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 73.53%

I will be out of my office for several weeks and although I will be able to leave Outlook running most of the time, I won't be able to access email, so I want to use an out of office message. However, I have never tried this using pop3 email and I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked at help inside of Outlook, but I can't seem to save my message as an Outlook template.

If anyone could set me up with some instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Delta

Relevancy 72.67%

When I sent a message and when I was using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, I had an option that enabled me to add a photo following or preceding my text. This option enabled me to put a photo in the text area and place text under or above the photo explaining the photo. I am now running Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 using Windows Home Premium 64 bit and I cannot find this option. If this is no longer an option, how can I place a photo in the text area and then follow with text explaining the photo? If this is not possible, I guess this new version is a downgrade!
Thanks in advance and I will appreciate an answer.

A:Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 problem when using Microsoft Office

Full details about inserting pictures or clip art into Outlook 2007 here:

Insert a picture or clip art - Outlook - Microsoft Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/146039-microsoft-office-outlook-2007-problem-when-using-microsoft-office.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 69.23%

Recently I send out a bulk email for our CEO (ya, that's right, the big guy!?!). I had a mailing list as my datasource, created the document in Word (as my email editor), attached two files and sent it off. However, once the merge was performed and everything was sent out the attachments either weren't on the resulting mass email, or only the icons for the attachments appeared. Simply, the attachments seemed to be stripped off the resulting email.

Does anyone have an explanation for this? I've looked on the MS Knowledge base to no avail. I'd really like to be able to explain it to the CEO so I look like less of a bumbling idiot!

Cheers

A:Attachments disappear in Outlook/Word email merge

Hi, I don't have an answer for you but you seem to be trying to do the same thing I want to do - send an email/merge mass mailing and include an attachment to the email. When I start in word and do the mail merge/email function I can send a form letter type text email to everyone in a mailing database but I can't figure out how to have each email attach one (the same) document as an attachment. It sounds like you figured it out. Let me know how you did it and i can let you know if I have the same problem you did or not. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attachments-disappear-in-outlook-word-email-merge.153651/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have windows 7 & office 2007. I am attempting to create an email merge. I have tried to do so starting with first with outlook (which takes me to word) which failed in sending, and then starting with word (which takes me to outlook and then back to word) and also failed in sending. I have followed all instructions to a T (as provided by help in both programs as well as microsoft help online).

What am I missing? Is there some connection between the 2 programs that needs to be set up first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290939/cant-mail-merge-email-with-outlook-and-word-2007/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have often used Word 7 Mail Merge and merged emails to Outlook 7 Since I have installed Windows 7 I am now unable to get the emails to show up in Outlook. They appear to merge in Word but they do not show up in Outlook or any other email programme I have. Can anyone help me? I have noticed many others on the web having the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-with-mail-merge-and-outlook-doesnt-work.1069777/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have recently upgraded to Office from and I perform a lot a mail merges I have come Word Outlook Merge Email - & Mail 2010 Issue across a few issues with this Email Mail Merge Issue - Word & Outlook 2010 feature within and wondered Email Mail Merge Issue - Word & Outlook 2010 if anyone has a solution I am obviously running Windows Issue - When performing the mail merge to emails HTML Word doesn t seem to recognise my IMAP email account which is set as default in Outlook it uses one of my other pop email accounts Is there any way to set my IMAP account as the default for mail merging Issue - Once I have completed the email merge I then need to create them as a PDF which in worked fine but the Acrobat addin in Word doesn t do anything I do have Acrobat prof installed as well I have done a little research and can see that this is a problem but I need a solution to fix Otherwise I ll be reduced to uninstalling and re-install Anyone with solutions please let me know nbsp

A:Email Mail Merge Issue - Word & Outlook 2010

Hi welcome to the forum,
Have you tried the macro to save As pdf file of print to the adobe pdf printer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-mail-merge-issue-word-outlook-2010.1021568/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email *****@optusnet.com.au was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for *****@optusnet.com.au but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

A:Outlook 2010 - How do you merge personal folders to an email account?

Hello MzTearyuz

See if this link is of help.
Combine POP3 accounts in Outlook 2010 | MSOutlook.info

FYI -
Where do I find?? | HowTo-Outlook

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/185819-outlook-2010-how-do-you-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been sending individual emails to roughly 400 of my clients and perspective clients per month.  I have been sending them one by one so I could personalize it. I need to be able to do the following.  

Include the first name of my client after "Good Afternoon _______ "   in the body of the email.

Select 1 of my 3 business email addresses from my Microsoft Outlook 2007 Imap emails.

Include 2 PDF documents.  

Using mail merge via  Microsoft Word does not give these 3 options from what I can find.  This would save me so much time if I can send personalized mass emails to my clients.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

A:Outlook 2007/ mail merge/ cant include attachments or email to send from

anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524149/outlook-2007-mail-merge-cant-include-attachments-or-email-to-send-from/
Relevancy 67.51%

i am mail merging word and excel database when i choose to send the messages as HTML all is good when i choose to send text or attachment - i get this security warning even after pressing quot allow + office attachments mail 2010 2010 merge exchange quot - nothing mail merge attachments office 2010 + exchange 2010 happens nothing no trace of messages in outbox mail merge attachments office 2010 + exchange 2010 and no mail sent i know that quot If you choose a format other than HTML an Outlook message may inform you that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses and send e-mail This message is a security measure designed to protect against viruses that replicate through e-mail To continue with the merge select the Allow access for check box in the security warning dialog box and then select the amount of time that you need to complete the merge Click Yes If you are prompted again continue to click Yes until the merge is complete quot thank you very much Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Enterprise bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX SDI Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc DN CN Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-attachments-office-2010-exchange-2010.994728/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everybody!

I have searched through all the tech articles I can find on Access 2000, merging, Word and Outlook, and I can search no further.

Can someone please help me to create a command button on a form in Access 2k that will megre a query to a Word document and send it as an attachment to email recipients (whose addresses are stored in the query)?

As a start, I have created a button that merges the query to a new Word document using a merge templete. Also, I have found code to send email to a list specifying a message text, subject etc. I just can't seem to bring it all together.

I know someone, somewhere has asked/answered this question before, so I apologies for the repetition.

Any suggestions please? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
itiaint

Relevancy 67.08%

Trying to use Office 365 on my computer.  Just for Mail but the link portal.office.com doesn't seem to work.  I can get the opening page (whereI sign in with name and password) , but then the next page that opens the mailbox,  goes into a loop and keeps bringing up the screen that says "Outlook Opening your mailbox" and loops without ever opening it.  OR I get a dead screen that says "continue"It works on all my other devices.  There is no s/w installed but it just never opens.Thanks for any help.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Office-365-email/td-p/5803392
Relevancy 67.08%

Trying to change font and size for incoming and outgoing email, no luck so far .

A:Office - email

Welcome to our Forum...
My crystal ball is in for service at the moment.
Can you tell us which version of Office Outlook you refer to?

It would also enable us to help you in a more efficient way if you would fill in your System Specs.

Refer snip below.

Attachment 187179

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201383-office-email.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I was successful in installing Office 2003, activating it, and updating in Windows 7, but every time I open any one of the Office apps I have to click accept on the EULA box.  Is there any workaround to make the box go away permanently?

A:Office 2003 installs but EULA box appears every time I open an Office application

right-click on a shortcut to one of the apps, and select "Run as Administrator".After you do this once, you won't have to do it again.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/50492d2b-7a75-4efb-a806-09a34cf75965/office-2003-installs-but-eula-box-appears-every-time-i-open-an-office-application?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 67.08%

I ran a scan with Clamwin yesterday on my Clevo d480w and it found the threat mentionned aboved. I searched it and deleted it.

Any comment on this particular virus or on the process to identify then to get rid of it welcome.

Thanks

A:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MAKECERT.EXE: Trojan.Menti-213 FOUND

Wrong forum mate -- queries about, and help with, malware should be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-program-files-microsoft-office-office-makecert-exe-trojan-menti-213-found.1054554/
Relevancy 67.08%

Just bought a new laptop with Windows bit installed-my first exposure to Windows I had Office installed on my old Dell bit machine I had also recently 2007(WinXPr3 Office 2010(Win7, 32 files 64bit) Office bit) won't open pruchased Office and installed that on my new machine Now when I try to open those bit files with bt Iget an error message that quot no picture file is available quot or words to that effect When I try to quot open with quot the only option displayed is quot Microsoft Office quot with an icon that looks like a picture file When I try to browse to the proper office program Excel for example there are none of teh Office suite programs displayed only quot Microsoft Office quot I can navigate seperately to the proper progran Excel etc and drag the file into the application and it opens and all seems to work OK I quot save as quot the proper application file but it still will not open with double-click on the file name I have not seen this particular item in the forums and would appreciate very much some help in fixing this issue Thanks Grubby

A:Office 2010(Win7, 64bit) won't open Office 2007(WinXPr3 32 bit) files

Hello Grubby76, welcome to the forum.

We have an excellent Window 7 File Association Tutorial here:
Open With - Change Default Program

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188442-office-2010-win7-64bit-wont-open-office-2007-winxpr3-32-bit-files.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My MS Office files have generic icons, and when I open them, Windows asks me which program to use. Office 2010 isn't even on the list. A trial version of Office 2007 came with my laptop. I downloaded the Office 2010 beta, then uninstalled 2007. Since I uninstalled the old Office, all my Office files are no longer associated with Office, and there seems to be no way to remarry them. Office 2010 (beta) doesn't appear in the default programs control panel. The only way I can open those files is to open Word/Excel/etc, and File>Open. I feel like this should be simple. Any ideas?

A:Solved: Cannot associate Office 2010 (beta) with Office file types

Did you uninstall 2007 after you installed 2010?
If so you messed things up and you need to do a repair. Open Word, then the Office button, and then Word Options.
There on the Resources area, run diagnostics and do a repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-associate-office-2010-beta-with-office-file-types.931119/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

A charity is considering upgrading its workstations to Office 2013 from Office 2007.
They have lots of files in the .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xltm formats that they would need to access on a daily basis.

- Would the upgrade cause compatability problems with working with files created under these above formats?

A:Considering upgrade to Office 2013 - potential problems with Office 2007 files?

To my knowledge, they should not have any issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508309/considering-upgrade-to-office-2013-potential-problems-with-office-2007-files/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I have a SBS machine and have various clients connected through exchange to get mail Users typically leave outlook running the whole day while they work on programs such as access excel I have noticed that on some machines excel and word docs open very quickly over the network until outlook is left open and connected to exchanged we are opening the files on a to office Open Exchange to Solved: Docs Office connected when is Slow variety of win servers however when they have their outlook exchange account connected I have seen the docs take anywhere from - x the normal amount of time to open I have also noticed that opening email attachments such as xls and doc are also very slow while connected to exchange but it seems to vary from file to file some seem Solved: Office Docs Slow to Open when office is connected to Exchange better than others does the connection to exchange complicate the process of opening docs on remote machines or does it sound like I have a misconfiguration somewhere I would like to Solved: Office Docs Slow to Open when office is connected to Exchange get the performance of opening a file say a xls on a network share to be the same as it is when outlook is not connected to exchange I do not have these PCs running in offline or cached mode as we have a shared calendar that does not display correctly when I enabled these features Clients are running office Turning on cached mode does not seem to make much if any of a difference btw Thanks for any insight you may have nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-docs-slow-to-open-when-office-is-connected-to-exchange.1028810/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have recently had to re-install Microsoft Office 2000 and it has installed the default Office Assistant the paperclip and I miss the cat called Links.

It says it is available from the Office Assistant options but a message says there is not enough memory.

It is on the first CD of the software but I cannot see how to download it.

Can anyone help please?

mygoose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msoft-office-2000-office-assistant-cat-called-links-missing.1163272/
Relevancy 67.08%

Good Day,

I've often used the Files and Transfer Wizard to move files in the Windows XP environment, including those for people moving from Office 2003 to 2007, however, I've just been asked to move a person from a computer that would result in them moving backwards from Office 2007 to Office 2003; is this possible? What concerns should be considered? Obviously if they have a number of documents saved in the 2007 it could be problematic, though could the compatibility pack offered by Microsoft offset that concern? Thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-files-and-transfer-wizard-to-go-from-office-2007-back-to-office-2003.919539/
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm running Windows 7 on my new computer, which came with a trial version of Office 2010. Rather than buy the full version when the trial expired, I installed the Office 2003 I had on my old -- now dead -- computer. I now find that I can't open the Word and Excel files I created with the 2010 version. Is there a 'cloud' site where I could send the 2010 files and have them returned to me as standard .xls and .doc files? Or is there a free converter available for download?

A:Solved: How can I open Office 2010 documents on a computer that has only Office 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-open-office-2010-documents-on-a-computer-that-has-only-office-2003.1013189/
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay I've never posted on anything like this before so bear with me please I've got an issue and Descriptions Icons Office Office & File Type 2010 Incorrect it's driving me nuts because I can't resolve it I'll try and give a description of what I did Any help would be greatly appreciated I purchased a new Dell computer Windows Home Premium bit that came with a trial version of Office I had previously purchased an Office Pro so I wanted to install the full version on my computer When I did I had both versions installed so I uninstalled the trial version That's when I think my problem arose but I can't say for sure that it didn't exist before Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect that because I hadn't even looked Here's the problem When I'm in Windows Explorer looking at my files my Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect Excel and Word files doc docx xls xlsx show up with an improper file type description Instead of saying quot Microsoft Word Document quot or quot Microsoft Excel - Worksheet quot or whatever they're supposed to say the simply say quot DOCX File quot or quot XLS File quot Not only that but the icons don't look right either They sort of look right but they're smaller Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect and sort of greyed out Except the docx icon is just a white page with lines object The strange thing is is that ALL my other Office files show up with correct descriptions and icons etc ppt pptx csv etc - ALL of them What I've tried to fix it I uninstalled all Office Products and then reinstalled Office I tried MS's little bug finder program that popped up on their website I've tried associating the Word files with WordPad and then back to Word It seems like there was more things I've tried but that is all I remember right now I've attached a screen shot of one of my folders so you can see what I mean If anyone has a similar problem or knows how to fix it please let me know Thanks I forgot to mention when I select any of the problem file types they still open in the correct default program without any prompting if that matters at all

A:Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect

Hi,

Welcome to SevenForums.

If you right-click on one of your Word documents and choose properties, does the icon look correct in that panel? Like this:

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/144230-office-2010-office-file-type-descriptions-icons-incorrect.html
Relevancy 67.08%

We have an upgrade on our computer units here in the company, my problem is when users save their 2007 excel files an error pops up, Errors were detected while saving "File Name". Microsoft maybe able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.

By the way, the files were save on the file server and users access them through single roaming profile that we created with full access on their folders.
i am hoping i could find an answer.

thank you

A:Error on saving MS Office Excel 2007 files to MS Office 2013

i have many views, but no reply... i am starting to think this forum is not helping me !...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351227-error-saving-ms-office-excel-2007-files-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Good Evening Everyone,

I have a few questions concerning the Installation of 2010 Office. I know that I have to uninstall Office 2007. I have no clue on how to save or where to save my documents from Office 2007. The documents consist of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a few various folders. Should I from the Start Menue click on Documents select all and copy. Where should I place this copy? Can It be left on my hard drive? After I install Office 2010 can I then copy the "Document File" and place in Documents. Will all the files end up in the proper place for their programs, Word files go to Word, Excel goes to Excel so on and so forth. Thank you so much for all your help and cooperation. It is greatly appreciated. I hope I described my situation correctly. I look forward to hearing from you.

A:2010 Office Professional Plus to Replace 2007 Office Small Business

But you don't have to uninstall Office 2007 to upgrade to 2010. That's the general rule as you can generally upgrade from lower SKUs to higher SKUs (Small Business to Pro Plus). As far as saving your documents, you can really save them wherever you like on your hard drive or on any CD or flash drive if you wish to do so. As far as file types, after 2010 is installed, they should all register properly for their programs so that Word documents open in Word, Excel Documents in Excel, etc.

Though if you have all of you documents already saved within "Documents" or "My Documents" or some other folder you've set aside and you want to uninstall 2007 before upgrading to 2010, the documents themselves will be retained when you uninstall, you just won't be able to really do much with them until you install 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/111999-2010-office-professional-plus-replace-2007-office-small-business.html
Relevancy 67.08%

SoftMaker Office is a complete and limited - featured office suite that comes with a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation-graphics program. Compatible with many Microsoft Word and Excel formats. (pre Office 2010), more like office 2003.

Note:Requires registration using Your name, Country & E Mail address used for activation and to obtain serial key by E Mail.

Free SoftMaker Office 2008

Formats the Word Processor (TextMaker) can open.

Formats the Spread Sheet (PlanMaker) can open.

Formats the Power point like application (Presentations) can open.

Note: Compatible with XP, Vista & Windows 7 and currently using in Windows 8 CP (Compatibility mode)

A:Free full featured office suite - SoftMaker Office 2008

Sounds good, but since I already have MS Office 2007, I guess I don't need it. Will it do something that mine won't?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/221997-free-full-featured-office-suite-softmaker-office-2008-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Reinstalled all Sony Pre-Loaded software which did NOT include any Prior version of MS Office Other than a Trial Version of Office which I never used or installed It s still in my computer Have no idea what version it is Simply doesn t say because it s never been installed It s sitting in the same start menu as all of the other MS Office Programs In another message forum I was told Reinstall And MS My Pro Setup Reformatted in Hard Office 2007 Cannot Office Drive to delete it However Office Pro worked fine for days with the Trial program still sitting in the Start folder I managed to install MS Office Professional and it s worked for days without a hitch Today I get the error message when I try to use Outlook quot Cannot start MS Office Outlook Cannot initialize MS Office Shared Utilities Restart your computer Or reinstall MS Office Outlook quot No Luck Also when I try to start up MS Word the message says quot Not enought memory to load Word quot I have Gig of Ram and a Gig hard Drive When I insert the Office Pro disk to Reinstall the message is quot The path you have chosen does not point at a qualifying upgradable product Click Try again or Cancel to quit setup quot I also don t have ANY previous versions of any Office Suite program Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2007 in Office Setup to use I had Office Pro installed but that was deleted when I purchased Office Pro I do have the disks for Office Pro For the record I am an American living in Cali Columbia It s over a minute to call anywhere in the US for help I would sincerely appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone can provide NOTE Also have Norton Internet Secuirty amp Spysweeper installed Thanks in advance Robert nbsp

A:Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2007 in Office Setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-my-hard-drive-and-cannot-reinstall-ms-office-pro-2007-in-office-setup.680874/
Relevancy 67.08%

i remember with windows xp and office you could go to a different part of the microsoft windows update website in Internet Explorer and it would prompt you with ActiveX to allow updates for Office and after you did that then when 2010 for update updates win7 not thru showing office windows office you went to the normal windows xp update site there would be a whole other section of updates for microsoft office available That was with office anyway i use a dell restore cd for windows professional on a dell pc obviously to install win from scratch I can do windows updates no problem I have microsoft office professional plus with a valid license key these are provided by my IT dept Office installs fine not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 during the install i can go through the options and install excel powerpoint all shared tools and so on Once installed it works fine There is no service pack installed at this point From here not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 if I go windows update I never see anything for office From within office Microsoft Word file menu help for example it shows office is activated and if i click on check for updates there it then not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 opens an IE window which says updates can be done from start menu - programs - windows update If i do that it's a normal windows operating system update and I get nothing for office I have manually downloaded from microsoft Office SP and SP and have installed either one When i go to the help menu it then shows office SP so the service pack seems to have installed no problem But I still never see any updates for office from windows update what's the deal

A:not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7

You mean what's called Microsoft Update. If you go in to the settings in Windows Update, do you have this checked:

I have Office 2013 Pro Plus, but the click-to-run version which updates itself and is not part of Windows Update. But I don't think there's a click-to-run version for 2010 Pro Plus so that is probably not the issue here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/346784-not-showing-office-updates-thru-windows-update-office-2010-win7.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am getting the following error when I try to reinstall a custom setup office XP install on a windows machine quot OFFXP Setup Detects Office XP Running When You Attempt to Install Office XP quot I had the uninstall the office xp on this machine through add remove programs because it was crashing alot The custom install works fine on all other windows and xp machines I found the following error in MS knowledgebase article I can t post the link because I m a new member It says to to hit ignore If I hit ignore it does install but it doesn t install with the correct options for the custom install I have it set to not install outlook and it installs outlook etc Obviously its not following the custom install Any ideas I believe something is left on the pc from office when it was installed I even ran the Removal Wizard on the Office XP Resource kit It is Office Install Detects You Setup When Running XP XP OFFXP: to Office Attempt supposed to remove everything left from previous versions However it must be missing something because I am still getting that error when I try to OFFXP: Setup Detects Office XP Running When You Attempt to Install Office XP reinstall Office XP that is described above ThankS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offxp-setup-detects-office-xp-running-when-you-attempt-to-install-office-xp.339769/
Relevancy 67.08%

After much messing Manager 07 - Office File - Picture Office Types Microsoft Broken around I have discovered that if you use Windows 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' to set default programs for file types it breaks the File Types selection within a given program in my case Microsoft Office Picture Manager Microsoft Office Picture Manager - Office 07 - Broken File Types and you are no longer able to use the program itself to set file types only the Windows function You can tick untick file associations all day long within Microsoft Office Picture Manager and nothing gets associated unassociated The File Types option is basically broken I have also noticed this occur with -zip which actually causes a more serious issue By default zip is not listed in the Windows list of 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' window but is listed if you associate zip with -zip's own file association option BUT if you then subsequently use windows to re-associate zip with Windows Explorer the zip vanishes because by default is is not listed breaks -zips file association options and you can no longer associate zip files with -zip EVER Basically I am curious as to why Windows own file association options would break software's own internal file association options so badly to the point they are essentially useless and if there is a fix I even tried completely reinstalling Microsoft Office and removing all references of it within the registry no luck Its not a big deal but I just found it odd that a fundamental piece of Windows would harm the integrity of software so easily and seemingly irreversibly I have made the assumption that perhaps because Office is fairly old and probably geared up for Vista that perhaps older softer like this just isn't compatible with Windows file association Any thoughts or fixes

A:Microsoft Office Picture Manager - Office 07 - Broken File Types

I don't believe it has anything to do with Office 2007/ Picture manager I use it myself,
I do not use 7-Zip but that seems the likely bug,
Windows handles Zip folders just like any other folder so 7-Zip is something I don't understand why people need or want it but I don't need any or need to make any Zip folders either
If your still having file association issues use this,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309083-microsoft-office-picture-manager-office-07-broken-file-types.html
Relevancy 67.08%

MS Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning is not able to recognize the scanner.
Every time when given scan its giving error message "Scanner not responding".
But scanner working fine when using MS Office 2003 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning. Also it works with software called Desktop Bind V2.

Scanner: RICOH IS200e Network Scanner.

A:Scanner not detected by MS Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning

check if you have installed all the office updates.
check if there are any latest scanner drivers, update the drivers for your scanner.
run office diagnostic and check if there are any errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanner-not-detected-by-ms-office-2007-microsoft-office-document-scanning.801224/
Relevancy 67.08%

For those still using Legacy Office - on Windows any time you try to activate the animated Office Assistant you receive a message that quot The Office Assistant Requires Microsoft Agent or better The product is 97-2003) Windows Solution Assistant in 7 Office of for Office MS (MS Loss Solved: available in the Office System Pack quot Read the following before installing MS removed the MS Agent which controls the Office Assistant on Windows Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) and above The Hot Fix below is contained in a zip file which restores the Office Assistant functionality to legacy Office users on Windows The following link below will show you how to download the instructions to get the Hot Fix back Note if you are running Windows XP or below you already have this installed and need not run it See the separate Help documentation in MS Office if your Office Assistant fails to appear in Windows XP or below Furthermore this fix is for Windows only Not Windows Windows or the Windows Preview You also will need to make sure you know the correct version of Windows on your computer For example or bit MS should sense the Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) version of Windows you are running when they email you the instructions for downloading the Hotfix The instructions say that this Fix only restores Merlin the Wizard but it gave me quot Clippy quot which is the default Office - animation I was not able to get the Zip file to extract in the C directory or able to find the default file location the first time But by clicking quot Browse quot and saving the download link to my Downloads folder I was able to find and run the zip file extractor and the Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) main Hotfix itself Link to further MS Hotfix instructions to Restore Legacy Animated MS Office Assistant to Windows users https support microsoft com en-us kb Jack nbsp

A:Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solution-for-loss-of-ms-office-assistant-in-windows-7-ms-office-97-2003.1147067/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently purchased a HP Office After Version. Unable Trial Vista, 97 To Office Laptop, Load Hp 2007 Removing laptop for our soccer club that came Hp Laptop, Vista, Unable To Load Office 97 After Removing Office 2007 Trial Version. pre installed with Vista During use of outlook Excel etc it came up with a message asking for activation Hp Laptop, Vista, Unable To Load Office 97 After Removing Office 2007 Trial Version. key amp that we had uses left to enter it I presumed this was a trial version amp activation code to be purchased After - uses I decided to install Office which I still had lying around from an old PC This installed OK but the message was still appearing I then uninstalled Office via add remove programs amp then did likewise for anything that mentioned office I didn't do the actual uninstalling but am advised there were - office variants uninstalled I then went to load office back in but no go It goes through the usual install process enter key select location to load prog files microsoft office amp then select type of install required typical amp then the features have selected all amp just the basic office install Then it goes to the actual install process but just sits there with the bluey green coloured screen with Microsoft Office written at the top but goes no further I have checked add remove programs again amp no mentions of office are listed I have followed the following fix I was advised about - By default Office is installed to C Program Files Microsoft Office Using My Computer or Windows Explorer go to that folder Delete the ENTIRE folder Remove the program from the Windows registry To remove Office from the registry hit Start-Run and type regedit no asterisks and hit Enter This opens the Windows registry Do not do anything except exactly as directed Browse the registry similar to browsing in Windows Explorer and go to this folder hkey current user software microsoft office Right click the Office entry and delete it completely I have deleted the microsoft office directory which deletes all bar approx - files findfast exe is one I recall but won't grant me access to delete them all I tried deleting an entry at end of registry steps but now think it should have been the whole office tree that should have been deleted After above I still get the same quot hang quot when trying to install Office I have this seasons regos so far about hours work amp we have more weeks of regos to go as well as approx - GB of soccer files entered onto laptop so don't want to have to backup amp reformat advice offered by HP when I called them but I think it was the Bombay India offce amp not Sydney Australia where I called from or run recovery discs if there is another way around it Any help is much appreciated Cheers Ineedaname

A:Hp Laptop, Vista, Unable To Load Office 97 After Removing Office 2007 Trial Version.

Microsoft doesn't certify Office 97 to work with Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305That being said, lot's of people on the web have gotten it to work with varying degrees of success.Ensure that you install the application in compatibility mode - both as "Run as Windows 98" and "Run as Administrator"Don't install Service Pack 2 - it has problems. But, from what I've read, it'll let you gracefully exit the SP2 setup if you started it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130838/hp-laptop-vista-unable-to-load-office-97-after-removing-office-2007-trial-version/