Windows Support Forum

microsoft office : word,excel,powerpoint,etc

Q: microsoft office : word,excel,powerpoint,etc

I downloaded a registry checker program to fix my computer(win98SE). Now I can't open
none of the microsoft office programs, its saying no application found,need to install program again. Also some other programs on my computer I can't open.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: microsoft office : word,excel,powerpoint,etc

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: microsoft office : word,excel,powerpoint,etc

looks like you registry program may have deleted the links to some of your programs
did you make a backup of your registry at all -

try not to reboot - as I think win98 should back up the registry on each boot - but it only keeps a few copies - 5 I think

i know other members here are far more expert at this then I - so hopefully they will answer

but an answer to
did you make a backup of your registry at allClick to expand...

would be useful

also what was the registry checker program called - may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-excel-powerpoint-etc.469808/
Relevancy 82.15%

My computer did some sort of restore yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what happened. My son was looking at the computer trying to fix a problem with the audio because nothing I tried had worked. (No sound and computer wasn't giving me access to control panel.) When he gave me back the computer, everything was gone. I have the Lenovo apps, my personal files and I managed to get Windows back to what I think is an 8.1 version. (minimal changes to what I had) What I still need desperately is to find my Microsoft Software that came loaded on the computer..Excel, Word, Powerpoint ,etc. My ex says it might be on a "partition". Don't know what that is or how to get there. Help.

A:How do I get back Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint?

If you do not have the disc but you have the genuine product key for Office 2007 you can download and install it from HERE.i_Xp/Vista/W7User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-do-i-get-back-microsoft-office-word-excel-powerpoint/1927.html
Relevancy 80.6%

I get the following message when I open Excel Word and Powerpoint Microsoft and Powerpoint Word Office opening Issues Excel, 2007 - Publisher works but dare I try any others Excel Failed to start correctly last time Starting Excel in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program Some functionality may be disabled in this mode Do you Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint - Microsoft Office 2007 want to start Excel in safe mode If I click yes or no it doesn t do anything on occasion Ill get a message prompting to diagnose and repair a couple of minutes later it says i s successful but back to square one I have just installed SP in hopes there s some sort of fix to no avail I have tried a repair via the installation disc I am hoping I don t have to uninstall reinstall because I don t know if the licenses are limited If anyone could shed some light on how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it OS Windows XP with SP Model Compaq Presario V Office Microsoft Office Home And Student Specs Pentium M Ghz CPU MB RAM nbsp Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint - Microsoft Office 2007

A:Issues opening Excel, Word and Powerpoint - Microsoft Office 2007

A reinstall of Office 2007 will be the quickest fix.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-opening-excel-word-and-powerpoint-microsoft-office-2007.122517/
Relevancy 92.02%

Windows 8.1, MS Word 2013 and MS PPT 2013. I installed office remote (OR). OR worked in MS Word, even in Excel, but not in PPT.
How can it be?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438579-why-microsoft-powerpoint-wont-detect-office-remote-bu-word-can.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I don't really use Powerpoint, Excel or Word but do get emails with attachments using these products and would like to open and read them or print them. Can anyone provide me with a URL to download these viewers for my new Windows 7 machine if they exist?

Thanks

A:Solved: Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint viewers?

Office Online File Converters and Viewers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-excel-word-and-powerpoint-viewers.1053849/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have finally decided to seek help for this problem and will be forever grateful if someone is able to help me I have a mind-boggling problem with my computer Reason No Crashing Messenger etc.. For Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Itunes, right now I just recently installed Nero and now for some reason the following programs always immediately crash when I try to run them Microsoft Word Excel Outlook and Powerpoint All of the free Microsoft Games Freecell Solitare etc MSN Messenger iTunes but not quicktime WinRAR Daemon Tools The rest of the programs on my computer are fine including FireFox Skype uTorrent Internet Explorer Quicktime mIRC etc And the weird thing is what I think caused the problem Nero Burning ROM is fine and working perfectly And even weirder I have had this problem happen to me about months ago when I first installed Windows Everything was working fine until I installed a program and things started crashing And the thing is I know for a fact it was a program other than Nero My Thoughts I think it must be that for some reason Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Itunes, Messenger etc.. Crashing For No Reason certain types of programs are getting corrupted somehow and these programs share certain traits for example they use Microsoft Visual Studio or some other programming language or installer Cry for help I hope this makes sense to anyone reading I have tried formatting several times and what always happens is that everything is fine until I install one program usually a different program each time and then everything starts crashing Would it help if I showed anyone some error logs or anything By the way if I boot in safe more the errors still occur I have ran Malware Bytes and the CC Cleaner registry cleaning program I hope someone can help me you will be forever in my debt Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Itunes, Messenger etc.. Crashing For No Reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-excel-powerpoint-itunes-messenger-etc-crashing-for-no-reason.940544/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I wonder if anyone can suggest a fix for this I'm running XP Pro with SP on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A notebook For about Or Powerpoint For *every* Tries Ms Boot I Word, Up Do... I To Have Extras File Time Or A How Don't Office Configure Open Excel a year now every time I boot Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... up my computer or click on a Word Excel or Powerpoint document to open it I small window titled quot Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage quot opens containing the Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... message quot Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage quot Then Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do... another window opens telling me quot The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PROPLUS MSI' in the box below quot and there's a 'Use Source' field with a dropdown menu as well as Browse OK and Cancel buttons When I click on Cancel a third window appears with the message quot Error Setup cannot find the required files Check your connection to the network or CD-ROM drive For other potential solutions to this problem see C Program Files Microsoft Office Office Office SETUP HLP quot but that's just a help article titled Troubleshooting Installation from Compact Disc Media which I'm not trying to do I think this may have happened because the copies of these applications run on my university's computer network have MS Office extras installed that my copies don't obviously FrontPage but I've seen the EndNote toolbar enabled on there too and there could be others and I've created a document on that software which I later copied to and opened on my own computer sending the software looking for the missing extras I don't have any means of installing FrontPage although if it will solve this problem I don't mind having it but I don't need it and don't want to have to shell out for it just to prevent this problem from happening so if there somewhere from where I can download what I need I'd love to hear about it However there must be some way to just instruct my software to stop asking for the extras on start up Can anyone suggest anything I'm REALLY sick of this Many thanks for any suggestions folks -D Optimistic

A:Ms Office Tries To Configure For Extras I Don't Have *every* Time I Boot Up Or Open A Word, Excel Or Powerpoint File How Do...

First make sure it's not listed in Add/Remove Programs. Then download the Widows Installer Cleanup Utility:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301CAUTION Be sure to check ONLY the box by the MS Office product that you want to remove, which would be Front PageTRY THIS FIRST http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182876

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/165995/ms-office-tries-to-configure-for-extras-i-dont-have-every-time-i-boot-up-or-open-a-word-excel-or-powerpoint-file-how-do-i-make-it-stop/
Relevancy 86%

My desktop pc is a Compaq Presario with Windows 95 and Microsoft Office. Recently it has started taking forever to close down a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet. The program itself closes out in normal speed but its the separate documents that take forever.

I have checked disk space - plenty available. I have done the usual maintenance ie defragmentation, scan disk etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Diane

A:Microsoft Office-Word and Excel

If you're using office 97, according to microsoft, one possibility is that outlook is journalizing your other office documents. They say to start outlook and under tools / options / journal clear all the check boxes under 'also record files from' list. They say this can cause files to close slowly even if outlook isn't running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-and-excel.47294/
Relevancy 85.14%

In both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, when I do a "File, Open" command, a box comes up showing the contents of the last directory I used. If I then attempt to use the drop down from this box to navigate to a new directory, it takes 65 seconds before the drop down list appears, and then another 30-40 seconds before the drop-down menu responds to my request for a new directory.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft office, and I have run the "detect and repair" option in the help menu. Nothing seems to fix the problem. I have no idea why this is happening or what Microsoft Office is doing during those 65 seconds to produce the drop down list and during the following 30-40 seconds to navigate to a requested directory in the drop down list.

I do not have this problem with other applications such as Lotus 123.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 79.55%

Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)  and printer Slow When Connected To Network, But Fast When Not. with windwos vista , I have reintall the OS but still the same .
network environment  (Win server )

A:Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook) and printer Slow When Connected To Network, But Fast When Not.

Hi,

Please temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in
Clean Boot
to test this issue.

Also, please
create a new user account
to test the issue.

Regards,

Sabrina
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5fe2f4d6-387b-4521-b217-8821bcc5b4ac/microsoft-office-2007-word-excel-outlook-and-printer-slow-when-connected-to-network-but-fast?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 79.55%

Hiya

Microsoft Producer 2003 for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 - Final Release Candidate is the next release of this very popular add-in for PowerPoint 2003 and PowerPoint 2002. Producer 2003 provides users with many powerful new features that make it easier to synchronize audio, video, slides, and images to create engaging and effective rich-media presentations. Producer 2003 gives content and media professionals, as well as everyday PowerPoint users a host of new content authoring features.

Refer to the Microsoft Producer for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Privacy Statement for important privacy information.
System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP

This download works with the following Office applications:

Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft PowerPoint 2002
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d5-fc75-4f99-94bc-784919468e73&DisplayLang=en

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerpoint-2003-add-in-microsoft-producer-for-microsoft-office-powerpoint-2003-final.160546/
Relevancy 77.4%

Unable to open Microsoft Office documents(excel,word) in Internet Explorer when we enforce strict TLS 1.2 protocol (Disabling SSL v2,SSL v3,TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1)on the webserver. We tested by removing strict TLS 1.2 and IE is able to open the document fine.
Error description : We see a Microsoft Excel Security Warning with the following content.
Certificate error
The application experienced an internal error loading the SSL libraries.

When we disabled SSL V2 and SSL V3, the document opens fine but when TLS 1.0 is disabled we are seeing the  pop-up with certificate error. We tried to open the reports in CSV format, 2007 format and 2003 format and all of them have the same issue. Does
Internet Explorer have any restrictions when TLS 1.2 is strictly enabled ?

Note : We are able to download the document using Internet explorer and the document opens fine from local but opening the document from the browser fails with certificate error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bfa6b18-6ae3-427a-9fe1-0ede15f97875/unable-to-open-microsoft-office-documentsexcelword-in-internet-explorer-when-we-enforce-strict?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

i just went from windows 2000 to windows 7 professional and we had to reinstall all programs....
problem:
i need to open my company logo which was saved in microsoft office word 97-2003 - my new program is microsoft works word processor - i have tried saving it in different formats on my old computer but nothing seems to be working....
any suggestions?

A:Converting files from Microsoft Office Word 97-2003 to Microsoft Works Word Processor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/converting-files-from-microsoft-office-word-97-2003-to-microsoft-works-word-processor.987414/
Relevancy 74.39%

hiHow do I save a backup of Excel, Word, Powerpoint?I probably need to reinstall windows XP on my computer because of terrible virus problems. I will loose these programs and I don't want to loose them. I lost all the CD Rom from a moving incident. Can I create a backup and reinstall them after I reinstall windows XP?I tried to look in the help and support center but I couldn't find anything instructing how to do these things. Thank you so much.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Excel, Word, Powerpoint

I didn't want to start a new topic, since I found this one. I tried searching for where it was re-directed, but I couldn't find the solution. I am in a similar situation as the previous poster. Is there anyway I can backup my Microsoft office programs if I lost the CD's and reinstall?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272593/excel-word-powerpoint/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

Recently, I'm having slow file loading while opening ms word files and excel files directly from windows explorer. It takes a minute to load, however it opens immediately if I open .doc files or .xls files directly from their application software. It also take a minute for MS Word and Excel software to shut down.

I have run my antivirus (Symantec) and MBAM but they all show no virus was found. I'm not sure what should I do next, please advice.

A:Microsoft Word & Excel - problem with opening files in Word and Excel

What version of Word & Excel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303338/microsoft-word-excel-problem-with-opening-files-in-word-and-excel/
Relevancy 73.53%

My wife's Vista laptop had Office 2003 installed. Earlier this week, she could no longer use Excel or Powerpoint. After looking around the system for awhile, indeed neither Excel nor Powerpoint was installed anymore. Those file types wouldn't open, there were no shortcuts to them....just vanished. However, she still had Word. I reinstalled Office 2003 for her and everything seems fine, but any idea why this would happen? Or how I can keep it from happening again?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118700/excel-and-powerpoint-disappear-from-office-2003/
Relevancy 73.53%

Greetings,
I have recently started working for a company out of Spain. They have supplied me with Office 2000, MSWord, Excel etc. and a very nice laptop. The problem is that they are set up in Spanish. I have the original installation discs but they are in spanish also. I am looking for a way to change the language displayed to english. Any help would be appreciated

jr48

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-word-and-powerpoint-in-spanish.330897/
Relevancy 73.1%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium MS Can't Open Office etc) Powerpoint, Documents Solved: (Word, bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Solved: Can't Open MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, etc) Documents Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire M U G Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Disabled The trial period was over for the MS Office trial that came preloaded on my new computer so I bought and activated the MS Office Home and Student product key Afterwards I had been able to open and edit Word Powerpoint etc documents I recently uninstalled the MS Office trial that was on my new computer to try to get rid of quot junk quot that was taking up space Now I can t open open any of the existing documents I have saved on my desktop or anywhere else The only way I can even save and open a document is to open the for example Word app make a new document and save it to desktop and then open the Word app File Open and open it from there The message I get when I try to open a document is quot This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Please install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the Defaults Programs control panel quot I tried to do that and change doc file type so that the current default of quot Unknown application quot would change so it would open with MS Office Virtualization Handler and when I tried to open a word document on my desktop it wouldn t open After more fiddling now I have word documents opening with different applications WordPad and Microsoft Works Word Processor doc associated with Microsoft Works Word Processor docx associated with WordPad First how do I undo this Second why wouldn t my documents open in the first place before I did anything in control panel Please help me before my brothers find out actually want to do homework on the computer nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Open MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, etc) Documents

Things got messed up as you uninstalled the trial version after installing the Home and Student version.
You may need to remove the H and S version and reinstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-open-ms-office-word-powerpoint-etc-documents.990398/
Relevancy 73.1%

Attackers have found another hole in Microsoft's Office products. Yesterday, Symantec reported that it has discovered a targeted attack that takes advantage of an unpatched vulnerability in Microsoft's PowerPoint software. This PowerPoint attack was discovered late Wednesday by a Symantec customer, who received a Chinese-character e-mail from a Gmail account. The e-mail contained a PowerPoint attachment that installed two pieces of malicious code when opened: a Trojan horse program, called Trojan.PPDDropper.B, and a backdoor program called Backdoor.Bifrose.E. The backdoor program tries to cover its tracks, by writing over the original PowerPoint document. It then awaits instructions from the attackers, who can use it to control the infected system Here is another link to the information about the Vulberabilityhttp://www2.csoonline.com/blog_view.html?CID=22959

A:Microsoft Office Powerpoint Security Vulnerability

Yep another bug to contend with. More here about it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58850/microsoft-office-powerpoint-security-vulnerability/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have loaded Microsoft Office:Mac 2011 Home and Student onto my Mac Pro laptop and have used each program in it ( excell, word, powerpoint) for around 4 months. Everything has worked great, but then when I tried to open Powerpoint it does not open. I have tried to reinstall Office from the disk but does not work. The laptop has Mac Snow Leopard O/S on it. What do I need to try, and I do not want to lose any info I have save from this program. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-mac-2011-powerpoint-issue.1045759/
Relevancy 73.1%

When saving a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation I am getting a popup screen I have not gotten before:
ERROR: Microsoft Office PowerPoint ? Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the Document Inspector.
One of the programs below ask to install something like Media Player 11 run time files or maybe some ActiveXcontrol; I can?t remember exactly.
Windows 7 recovering does not work; it will not recovery even when Norton 360 anti-virus and firewall are turned off.
This happened after installing this programs all on the same day.
I have unistalled all the programs below and I still get the error.
Avidemux ? it also asked to install something like
Audacity 1.3.10 (Unicode)
AVS4YOU Software Navigator 1.3
AVS YouTube Uploader version 2.1
AVS Video Recorder 2.4
AVS Video Editor 4
AVS Update Manager 1.0
Paint.NET v.3.5.1

A:ERROR Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007

Quote: Originally Posted by beutel

When saving a Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 presentation I am getting a popup screen I have not gotten before:
ERROR: Microsoft Office PowerPoint – Privacy warning: This document contains macros, ActiveX controls, XML expansion pack information, or Web components. These may include personal information that cannot be removed by the Document Inspector.
One of the programs below ask to install something like Media Player 11 run time files or maybe some ActiveXcontrol; I can’t remember exactly.
Windows 7 recovering does not work; it will not recovery even when Norton 360 anti-virus and firewall are turned off.
This happened after installing this programs all on the same day.
I have unistalled all the programs below and I still get the error.
Avidemux – it also asked to install something like
Audacity 1.3.10 (Unicode)
AVS4YOU Software Navigator 1.3
AVS YouTube Uploader version 2.1
AVS Video Recorder 2.4
AVS Video Editor 4
AVS Update Manager 1.0
Paint.NET v.3.5.1

If you want to uninstall and not leave any remnants, the best way is to do a system restore. If you have just installed these programs and want to uninstall System Restore is the best way to be sure that you get everything. The next best way is get the free process cc cleaner. It is safe and will remove every peice of gunk from your hard drive. If you try it you may be able to remove all remnants and then move on.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/51046-error-microsoft-office-powerpoint-2007-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Here is the problem
I try to add a video to a slide in my powerpoint presentation but everytime I try to play it, an error comes up:
"MCI Error"
"The specified device is now being closed. Wait a few seconds and then try again"
Any help is appreciated
~Thanks

A:Microsoft Office 2003 Powerpoint MCI error

This behavior occurs because PowerPoint can play back only QuickTime movies (.mov and .qt files) that use compression schemes with corresponding Media Control Interface (MCI)-compatible codecs. (Thus the MCI error... media compatible codec) You have an unsupported player or device.

A codec (compressor/decompressor) is an algorithm or scheme that is used to record digital video or audio. For example, when you transmit video over the Internet, the video must be compressed on the sending end and decompressed on the receiving end. A codec can be chosen based upon the user's audio or image quality and image size preferences.

When you read a QuickTime movie, a Video for Windows decompressor decompresses the QuickTime files. If the decompressor does not support the compression method used by the QuickTime movie, the decompressor cannot display the movie on the screen.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-office-2003-powerpoint-mci-error.105855/
Relevancy 72.67%

We purchased a Dell with XP Home installed. What is the easiest and cheapest way of adding Word and Powerpoint?

A:Adding Microsoft Word And Powerpoint

If you have not already purchased the MS products, try OpenOffice.org, which has a comparable word processor, spreadsheet, database, and presentation application. These are all almost completely compatible with their MS conterparts (you can retrieve MS files, and save OO.o files as MS types). The best thing about the suite is that it is completely FREE! For more information, sample pages, and documentation:http://www.openoffice.org/Regards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53874/adding-microsoft-word-and-powerpoint/
Relevancy 72.67%

I had this issue when I first installed the 2010 beta last year. I can't remember how I fixed it. It has been running fine until a couple weeks ago. Every time I open a word, excel or powerpoint file, the windows installer reconfigures like it's reinstalling or something. Just clicking the word, excel icon doesn't do it. It only happens with saved word, excel, powerpoint files. Any clues?

A:Word, Excel, Powerpoint reconfigure on opening

Did you try to turn the autosave off. E.g. in Word Options > Save

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/82084-word-excel-powerpoint-reconfigure-opening.html
Relevancy 72.67%

When I print to my Brother HL-1440 from Excell 2007 it acts like it is sending to the printer. Everything on the screen performs normal, but nothing prints. I can print fine from Word and Powerpoint. If I send the same file to another PC running XP and connect the printer to it, the file prints fine. It appears to have something to do with my Vista PC.

A:Not printing to Excel but fine to Word and Powerpoint

Try Office Diagnositcs and cross fingers
How to install the individual 2007 Office features or to repair the installed 2007 Office programs

If that does not work, try from another user account.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/287500-not-printing-excel-but-fine-word-powerpoint.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I've got a new Windows Vista that I bought, and it seems I have both Microsoft Office Powerpoint Viewer 2003 and 2007. I don't know where they came from, but one was probably installed via "Microsoft Works" by my family, and the other one (this is just a guess) from microsoft update maybe? The thing is, in Start - Programs I have both. Is there any way to get rid of 2003? Add/Remove programs shows just 2007, and one seems to be in C:/ProgramData and the other in C:/Program Files. Any help?

Thanks in advance =P

A:Microsoft Office Powerpoint Viewer 2003 And 2007

Hi again, PP viewer allows you to read Power point files if you dont want it just delete 2007 through add and remove programs if 2003 remains I would reinstall it then remove it. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142030/microsoft-office-powerpoint-viewer-2003-and-2007/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,

I'm currently running Windows XP with Office 2003 installed. Whenever I attempt to use any of the Office applications, none open and I'm presented with the following error, (See attached jpg.)

Oddly enough my Microsoft Outlook, Word, Notepad, Wordpad, etc, are all working perfectly fine. Only Powerpoint, and Excel are not working. I have no reason as to why this would happen.

I've done multiple reinstalls. Nothing seems to work. A total reformat has to be avoided due to the amount of data I have stored on my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated in getting my Powerpoint and Excel back to running position.

Thanks in advance,

hsyed26

Edit: Tried attaching the files. I'm not sure how they were uploaded. If there are any problems, please tell me and I can try something else.

A:Solved: Start-up problem in Excel, Powerpoint and other Office applications

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-start-up-problem-in-excel-powerpoint-and-other-office-applications.617770/
Relevancy 72.24%

I currently am setting up new PCs for my workplace They are runnin Windows Won't 2007 Microsoft Word/Powerpoint Open Pro bit I am having issues with MS Office of the PCs Microsoft Word/Powerpoint 2007 Won't Open run all of the office programs fine The other will not open word or powerpoint They just Microsoft Word/Powerpoint 2007 Won't Open crash on startup Both these computers are on a domain and the domain user has Admin privileges however it still does not launch When I log directly into the administrator account it does launch but if I go back to the domain user with admin permissions it fails to launch I have read tons of forums and tried everything from the reinstalling repairing deleting the registry deleting the normal dot running some registry commands and still nothing I am out of ideas and curious as to why it would work fine on of the PCs but not the other Any help would be greatly appreciated I know there is plenty of info out there on this issue but I have tried everything I can find and still no success

A:Microsoft Word/Powerpoint 2007 Won't Open

Welcome to Sevenforums!

Start - Control Panel - Administrative tools - Event Viewer.
Please check for Office errors logs under Windows Logs - Application.

It will give you error codes and more info. At least some starting point...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164919-microsoft-word-powerpoint-2007-wont-open.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Whenever I click on the file tab in Word or Powerpoint 2016 (doesn't happen for Excel) the programme crashes. The tech support at Microsoft are unable to resolve so I'm wondering if it is a HP conflict with Office or Windows 10. Has anyone else experienced this and found out how to resolve the problem?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Microsoft-Word-and-Powerpoint-2016-issues/td-p/5824662
Relevancy 72.24%

I accidentally removed the programmes from my PC. I have a Windows XP installation disk, but dont want to reinstall Windows. Just these programmes. How can I do this? If I removed the programmes comlpetetly, will documents saved in the programmes be gone too? If not, where can I find them? Its Windows XP Pro 2003 or 2004, I forget

A:Where can I install Microsoft Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, etc

All the documents should still be in My Documents. Word, Powerpoint, Excell and Publisher are components of Microsoft Office . . not XP. You should have a installation disc for Office that came with the pc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-can-i-install-microsoft-word-publisher-powerpoint-etc-227066.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am all new to this. My computer crashed and I lost everything, but when I had it fixed they did not install word, I recently moved and can not find my word CD. I have downloaded open office but it helps to a certain point. I really need word, powerpoint, excel and outlook.
Can anyone help me?? Does anyone out there know where I can find free downloads that do not ask you to buy from our sponcer, or download lots of additional junk that I do not want that clutters my computer and is a pain to remove and when I do get the program it is not what I was looking for.
Thanks

Relevancy 71.81%

Android users, take note: Microsoft Office apps are now available for free on your smartphones. In a blog post on Wednesday, Kirk Koenigsbauer, corporate vice president for the Office Client Applications and Services team, made the annoucement that Word, Excel...

Read more

A:Word, Excel, PowerPoint available for free on Android smartphones

Wps office better than this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-excel-powerpoint-available-for-free-on-android-smartphones.215812/
Relevancy 71.81%

When trying to open Excel 2000 on a XP SP 2 machine I get an error asking if I want to send to Microsoft. I can use Word and other Office products but Excel does not open. I cannot open it from the main icon or a saved spreadsheet. The saved spreadsheets are still associated with the program. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office as well to no avail. I saved a screenshot of the first section of the "do you want to send to Microsoft" error data and it can be seen in the url below. If you need to see more please let me know. Seems to be a problem with Windows, perhaps.http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/daca...rent=error1.jpgThanks in advance.

A:Excel 2000 won't open; Word & Powerpoint work

This can be caused by a corrupted Com Add-In in Excel. Have a look here and slide down to Delete the registry keys for the COM add-insRemember to follow the instructions about backing up your registry as noted in the directions.Hope this helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301420/excel-2000-wont-open;-word-powerpoint-work/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all
can you tell me if it is possible or not to use Office web App server 2013 alone without going through SharePoint, Lync, or exchange 2013?
Let me explain:
in a society where there is an infrastructure SharePoint, Lync and exchange 2013 with office web app server 2013, is a user that does not have office on his Computer, can open office (word excel..) document, bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?
If it is possible thanks to guide me on how I can find nothing on the net...
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9021eb97-7258-423e-8929-d6bfcdc8da68/can-i-open-office-word-excel-with-office-document-web-app-server-wac-bypassing-sharepoint?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2013 and now when I click on a Word DOC or a PowerPoint slide presentation created in my previous Office edition (2010) I get a dialogue indicating that Windows can't open the DOCX file and asking if I want to use the Web or an installed program to open the file. I downloaded Microsoft's Compatibility Viewer for Word 2007, but I got the same dialogue box. Is there a program that can convert all of the Word DOCX and PowerPoint entries that I have at one time? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

A:Solved: Installed Office 2013. Now Word DOCX and PowerPoint aren't read:

Did you install Office 2013 or the Office 365 version?

Also did you uninstall a earlier version?

Check the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations to see what extension is set to be used by Word, Excel and etc.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installed-office-2013-now-word-docx-and-powerpoint-arent-read.1126954/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, all

I am trying to insert an audio file inside my powerpoint slide, but when I have chosen the audio file to add, powerpoint then turns unable to respond. Can anyone provide any possible reason for this? My friend can easily add same audio file inside my powerpoint.

Thanks very much.

A:Unable to insert audio file in Microsoft Office 2010 Powerpoint

Hello cui, and welcome to Sevenforums.

Do you mean that your friend can easily add the same audio file to his own powerpoint (and not your own)?

You might try to repair office. Go to your control panel>uninstall programs and select office, and click Change. Then select Repair.

No documents/files will be replaced or deleted.

Then make sure you have all updates installed for the office programs, and make sure your version is activated

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/245529-unable-insert-audio-file-microsoft-office-2010-powerpoint.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an Excel Workbook where I try to embed a Word and Excel file (icon). But, I cannot open the file afterwards. However, my colleagues can open it when I sent it to them by email. What could be the problem with my application.

I tried disabling my spyware software and reloading Microsoft Office XP but the problem is still there,

What could be the problem?
Thanks a lot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-read-embedded-word-or-excel-file-on-excel-office-xp.297467/
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently installed the Microsoft Office 2010 Beta, but this morning its intro screen stays stuck at "Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run." Googling it resulted in only two threads, neither of them having the answer.

I'm back to using Office 2007, by simply setting my Word and Excel documents to open by Office 2007 by default, but now my Word and Excel icons have become much less pretty, such as my Word icons becoming a very plain "DOCX" icon instead of the normal "blue W" icon. I checked, and the file types are still regular Word documents. Is there a way to get the pretty icons back?

A:Office 2010 Problems: "Starting Microsoft Office Click-to-Run" & Unattractive DOCX icons for Word documents.

Regarding changing the icon:
Go to either My Computer or Windows Explorer.
Click Tools, Folder Options, File Types tab.
Scroll down to the DOCX file type (file types are in alphabetical order), click on it one time to highlight it.
Click the Advanced button.
The "Edit File Type" screen appears.
There is a Change Icon button in the top right area.
Click the Change Icon button.
You should have other icon choices to pick from.
Side note: If you don't like any of those icons, you can always hit the Browse button,
and browse to where other icons are, (you can assign any icon to any file type that you want, it is a matter of personal preference).
Icons are found in .exe files (executables), some (not all) .dll (dynamic link library) files, and .ico files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296907/office-2010-problems-starting-microsoft-office-click-to-run-unattractive-docx-icons-for-word-documents/
Relevancy 68.8%

I m using the Windows XP operating system and had Microsoft Office installed on it a while ago All the applications were working fine when I first got it Yesterday when I tried to open Microsoft Excel I get the message that the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable Microsoft Premium' 'Microsoft Office help, 2000 disk for Excel asking keeps disk that is not available and it asks me to insert the Microsoft Office Microsoft Excel help, keeps asking for 'Microsoft Office 2000 Premium' disk Premium disk and click ok Unfortunately I don t have this disk because it was someone else that installed Office on my computer for me I don t understand why it s not letting me use Microsoft Excel and why I get this message from Windows Installer every time I try to use the application It was working fine not long ago and I ve used it to make several spreadsheet files all of a sudden for no apparent reason I m getting this message every time I try to use it Can anyone give me any advice and has anyone had a similiar problem I would appreciate any help nbsp

A:Microsoft Excel help, keeps asking for 'Microsoft Office 2000 Premium' disk

When it was installed, some aspects will be "installed on first use", and now it wants to install the function, for which you need the CD.

You really cannot use it successfully (not to mention legally) if you do not own and have the disks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-excel-help-keeps-asking-for-microsoft-office-2000-premium-disk.246835/
Relevancy 66.22%

:no:

Hi. I got a customer who is unable to bring up their recent documents in Word and Excel as it is not saving.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
Amer.

A:Excel, Word of Office XP.

Okay, need a bit more info.

If I'm reading it right, the programs work fine, in that they can:
open and close documents fine.
save and change documents fine

However it is not saving the documents under recent viewed/edited documents?

What version of all the software listed is this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/excel-word-of-office-xp-10366.html
Relevancy 66.22%

a friend of mine began having problems last week with office. She was unable to type any new information into any Word or Excel files already saved. There was an error saying she didn't have enough virtual memory but i have since solved that and still am unable to type anything at all into a previously saved document; however i can delete anything in it...and it is not saved as a read-only......any suggestions?????

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi. I got a customer who is unable to bring up their recent documents in Word and Excel as it is not saving.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
PCdude.

A:Excel, Word of Office XP.

Anything they open will not save in the recent searches. Example: in WOrd, go to File and then at the bottom of the list there would be recent searches. That is not popping up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-word-of-office-xp.247507/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm still a computer newbie........I bought a magazine recently on Windows XP and there was a whole chapter on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and all that. My question is........I can't seem to find these programs, are they included with XP or do you have to buy them separately? Thanks.

A:Office, Word, Excel, etc.

Jimmy2times said:

I'm still a computer newbie........I bought a magazine recently on Windows XP and there was a whole chapter on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and all that. My question is........I can't seem to find these programs, are they included with XP or do you have to buy them separately? Thanks.Click to expand...

Hi Jimmy
These are extra items and are not included with the Windows operating sytem. The latest version of office is Office 2003. You can buy it from any pc store.

Pileyrei

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-word-excel-etc.406317/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi. I have a Gateway laptop with Vista. My Microsoft Word trial period has run out, and I have a bunch of Word & Excel documents saved. If I download Open Office, will it run those documents ?

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I am having some wierd problems with my Office XP. Whenever I open files in Excel, it usually hangs. 10 minutes later it will look ok and it will let me do a couple of things but then it will hang again, and usually not recover. Sometimes it does. The cause of the hanging is intermittent, but the result is usually the same; it just sits there and I get a white screen with the "not responding" bar along the top of the window. It will effect other excel files that are open at the moment as well. It is also happening with Internet Exploder and Word, but not as much.

Anyone have any idea of what this could be? Thanks in advance.

A:Office XP: Excel, Word hanging

Yo !
Have you tryed the Office repair option (Ctrl panel, add remove programs, office xp, change, repair)?
I got that problem on an XP computer, Excel was not opening at all, was asking sometimes the source files, some others do not. Also i was not able to open any attached excel file from a mail, excel crashed every time.
After the repairment, excel worked out fine.
You can try the reinstall office if the repair does not works (same path on control panel, but choose on the office options the Reinstall)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-excel-word-hanging.443067/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey I m having a problem and don t know where to start The problem Microsoft Word installed from Office XP starts up displays the Word screen and freezes indefinitely XP, on Word Vistas Office Excel and Only way out is to task manager quit it Microsoft Excel Installed from Office XP starts and works perfectly fine I can save and everything The only problem I ve found is when OPENING a document it will NOT open a file If Office XP, Excel and Word on Vistas I make a blank document put a single letter in a cell and save it Then try to open it freezes It will EVENTUALLY open it after about - minutes of sitting there seemingly frozen up Once it opens everything works fine but obviously waiting - minutes is not acceptable I CAN open the files just fine using works though I even tried opening it in works and re-saving it as a CSV no change - minutes to open Microsoft Word Preloaded part of Office starts up and displays quot preforming virus scan quot in the bottom left status indicator never gets past it This is why I completely un-installed and installed Office XP that I owned and used on my previous computers This isn t a problem because I uninstalled it but it might be a clue as to something Any help would be GREAT I can t find anyone else having the same problems I m running a new HP Pavilion DV Vista s Home Pro Office XP I have updating and everything is supposedly up to date I tried uninstalling and re-installing no luck I am NOT running any form of anti-virus program at all nbsp

A:Office XP, Excel and Word on Vistas

An update to this- I just determined that by deleting normal.dot it will allow Word to start.
However the problem is that whenever Word, Excell, or Powerpoint try to open a file it freezes up. Word at startup loads normal.dot apperantly, so this is why word freezes immediately. But if I delete normal.dot, I can start and use word fine, except for loading. Once I close word, it creates normal.dot, and then next time I try to start it, it won't work.

What on earth could be causing office to not be able to load a saved file?
I have verified that the files being saved are legitimate, by opening them on a different computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-excel-and-word-on-vistas.624061/
Relevancy 65.36%

I really screwed up these programs. I downloaded a free trial of system mechanic and something happened to the programs. When I open word or excel a installer opens and trys to install the program but gets an error message that a cab file is missing. Error 1311 c:\msocache\allusers\90000409-6000-11d3-8cfe-0150048383c9\4t561401.cab The computer is a Dell and on microsoft site said I had to go to manufactor for help. They won't do anything except ot sell me the programs as the warranty is expired. Only other thing I can think of is to restore the computer to its origanal state but it would wipe out all the stuff on it. Tried to back it up on floppys but too many files 80,000. Any help woild be greatly appreciated as I have very little knowledge of computers. thanks

A:office 2003 word and excel

Hello

do you remember when you install the (system mechanic) ?

if to you can do this a long as you dont have the system restore turned of on your system

steps

start
select ( all programs
select (accessories
select ( system tools
select ( system restore

now you will be given the option to ( restore to a specific date or create a restore point

select (restore to a specific point

now a window will open with a calender on it

select a date that was befor you installed the (mechanic

then do the restore / now this may fix your issue and it may not

this is the issue with useing programs like this / they normally just make things worse or kill your system

hope it works for you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/office-2003-word-and-excel-319878.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have intalled Office 2007 and when trying to use Word and Excel I get "Not Respoinding".
I am using Vista and did not see an answer or possibly overlooked an answer since I am new and trying out my new wings with you. It is so frustrating. Please help.
ingemartin

A:Office 2007 Word and Excel

First I would recommend reinstalling the Office Suite all together and downloading any updates that go with it. If that doesn't work, I would start looking at which programs you have that have built in Office Add-ons. Some of these add-on capabilities have been known to cause massive slowdowns in Office performance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338751/office-2007-word-and-excel/
Relevancy 65.36%

Somebody help me. Every time I exit out of Word 2000 or Excel 2000 I get an "Illegal Operation" message. If I launch the program and close it again right away without opening a document or spreadsheet, it's fine. If I open a document (Word) or a spreadsheet (Excel), as soon as I close it, even if I make no changes, I get an illegal operation. It's not as much a problem as an irritation because nothing else happens. It just crashes. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

woolfmanjack

A:OFFICE 2002 (Word & Excel)

Try my Troubleshooting Word, jack. If that works, I'll give you the instructions on Excel:

http://www.thewordexpert.com/word.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2002-word-excel.73783/
Relevancy 65.36%

Trying to print a page; with a border around the page. The bottom border line is missing. I tried all kind of different ways to fix this problem, however nothing seems to work. I have a HP printer. Can someone please give me some few ideals how to this problem. Thanks!!!!

A:MicroSoft Office Word

Under Borders and Shading Options - Page Border - Options - set the "Measure from:" to "Text", not the default "Edge of page"

Its a very common problem, as printers just cannot print very close to the bottom of the page (as they need to feed the paper from this area, so cannot print on it)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word.407802/
Relevancy 65.36%

When I try to open a word file that I created I get"DOCX is not a valid Win32 application."
This file opened a few weeks ago.
Thanks

Relevancy 65.36%

I'm using Windows 7 and the "Home and Student" package, that comes with Microsoft Office Word. In this version there is automatic double spacing. Apparently there is an option that allows the user to accept an earlier version of Word where there is normal spacing. Can anyone tell me how to get to that option?
Thanks,
Charley Echo

A:Microsoft Office Word

Welcome
Just change the default to single space
Stop Word 2007 from adding space between lines

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/184317-microsoft-office-word.html
Relevancy 65.36%

out of the blue whenever I open a Word document before the document appears a message is imposed on the screen it is in a Microsoft visual word 97 office microsoft basic box and says quot Compile error in hidden module Main quot there are two buttons one quot OK quot and one quot HELP quot if I hit OK the message goes away and the document appears If I hit HELP another message tells me it cannot find C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT VBA VEenLR HLP It tells me to browse for it I have and I cannot find microsoft word office 97 it It then says a file is missing but I can microsoft word office 97 look on my disk for it and if it is not there to reinstall the disk I have reinstalled the Office disk but this continues to happen It also occurs when I am working in a document and try to save or save as it I have to close it to save it this just started yesterday I appreciate any help you can give me Thank you nbsp

A:microsoft word office 97

Hi.

Do Word troubleshooting, and pay particular attention to the bit about Startup folders and renaming normal.dot.

Oops. Almost forgot the link! www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm

Also, if you can get in, go to Tools-Templates and Addins and see if anything is checked in the larger white box. If so, uncheck it and restart Word to see if that takes care of it. Do this one first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-office-97.132187/
Relevancy 64.93%

I don't know how many time I have downloaded this update , but after it downloads and installs it tells me that an update is avilable and it's always the same one. I've even restarted the computer after it downloads and updates but after computer restarts it ask to update it again.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue?
Or how I can fix it without shutting the reminder for it off.
TKS
Vera

Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 (KB956500)

Download size: 2.7 MB

Update type: Important

A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2003 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-update-for-microsoft-office-powerpoint-viewer-2003-always-wants-to-update.763775/
Relevancy 64.5%

Not sure where to post this, but in the last month Office Word & Excel 2007 have slowed down and progressed to "not responding". Cut & paste are virtually "cut and wait 5 minutes" and maybe it will appear properly.

I have check for viruses with Malwarebytes and AVG and have used Spybot, also. I have also ran MS Diagnostics. Everything seems to be in order.

I am using Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2.

I know this problem has been ongoing for several years, but this is first time I've had to deal with it and MS Support is as usual not helpful.

Would appreciate someone else's clear mind as mine as become muddled trying to remedy the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462724/office-word-excel-2007-slowdown/
Relevancy 64.5%

I've done a bunch of searching on these forums and elsewhere and found a few suggestions on how to fix this error but I can't seem to find a solution that works I just upgraded to Win Ultimate -bit and I installed Office The programs themselves work fine - but whenever I click on a shortcut to either a Word or Excel doc I get the following error quot There was a problem sending the command to the program quot The program will open but the document won't I can easily open the doc from the program once it's open but it's annoying to always have to do two steps and to doc Error opening 07) Excel Word when (Office or see that error The big solution I keep seeing for Excel at least is the quot Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange DDE quot option and to make sure its unchecked which Error when opening Excel or Word doc (Office 07) it is Any ideas what I can do to fix it I haven't tried any other Office programs so I am not sure if it's all of them but it's quite odd

A:Error when opening Excel or Word doc (Office 07)

Have you tried re-installing Office 2007??

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/129132-error-when-opening-excel-word-doc-office-07-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

Great Forum. Wonderful, knowledgeable folks.

Had to re-format HD, and seems to be working now.
But for how much longer, who knows.

On the old setup, I had MS WORD and Excel.
Many existing files of both.

I only have, if I remember right, 2 or 3 downloads allowable/available from the
Student Edition of them that I purchased a while ago.

So, I don't want to use up what is left on my present PC, as I have real doubts about it lasting much longer.

I heard about Open Office, and that it is free, and "completely" compatible with the MS equivalents. True ? Or,... ?

Is this what I want ?
Are there "better" free ones tghat would work very well with my existing WORD and Excel stuff ?
If so, suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

A:Open Office, And MS WORD/EXCEL Questions

Both Open office and Libre Office can open most Word/Excel documents provided they don't use any incompatible features. They will not open any encrypted documents however. It is also possible to save documents in .doc and .docx format though how compatible the .docx format is I am not sure.

Home ? LibreOffice

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

There is also Kingsoft which looks like Office 2003 and can read but not write the later Office file types. There are free versions of this.

Downloading Office Software suite, --- Kingsoft Office software download

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/199889-open-office-ms-word-excel-questions.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Someone once told me about a macro in MS Word, where if the admin took away the Command line, you could write a small macro to bring it back...

Is there some truth to this, or was I supplied w/ false info?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-macros.472914/
Relevancy 64.5%

right now i have word perfect. it is crappy so i am getting microsoft word. when i get the disk, do i just instal it or do i have to do something special? will i still be able to save all of my documents that i have created using word perfect?
-thanks so much

A:Installing Microsoft Word/office

Hi sharpie,

Just install away, Word Perfect and MS Word are two entirely different programs from two different companies so installing MS Word will not affect anything you have created with Word Perfect.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77895/installing-microsoft-wordoffice/
Relevancy 64.5%

I keep getting an erroer that says "temp environment variable" then when I try to open the document I was working on last night it says " locked for editing by another user" and it won't even let me "read only" - Help! This paper is due today!

A:Microsoft Office word problem

I have used a free program called Unlocker in the past when I had similar "file in use" problems trying to delete some files. It should work just as well to let you open a file, as long as the file contents are not corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-problem.829635/
Relevancy 64.5%

Since I m not very computer problem? Microsoft Office Word literate I need advice on how to attack this problem I have Microsoft Ofice Word Edition Serv Pk with CPU GHz GHz MB of RAM Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition I ve gotten a few errors and unable to scan to email open files after sending scan to a file sistem restore won t work and neither does my screensaver Here are the errors I have received Microsoft Windows Error The system has recovered from a serious error A log of the error has been created Please tell Microsoft about this problem I tried but it wasn t working and never sent Error BC Code a BCP BCP BCP BC F OSVer SP Product Microsoft Office Word Error You have not entered a valid product key Please check the number located on the sticker on the back of your CD case or on your Microsoft Office Word problem? Certificate of Authenticity This is Original Epuipment by manufacturer however I tried to use the Certificate of Authenticity number from the sticker on the bottom back of the tower it was not accepted Also had an quot internal error Kodnotif exe Error Code - - What is the Microsoft Office Word problem? best procedure to fix this problem Do I contact Sony Do I call in a technician WHAT TNX nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Guys

I have Windows XP, wondering why my Microsoft 2010 Word is missing but I now have Note which I don't kinow how to use?

I lost Word some time ago (10 months or so) but can still go into My Recent Documents and start a new Word Doc that way.

Can I reinstall my Microsoft Office package (2010 on CD, which I already have), will that work in bringing Word back on board?

And can I load this up on to a laptop? Will it delete any previous documents as it doesn't have Word on that either (an ex Govt laptop).

I'd appreciate your advice please

Thanks
Cath

A:Microsoft Office missing Word?

As a first step, go to Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.

Locate the entry for Microsoft Office 2010, right click on the entry and select Repair.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526659/microsoft-office-missing-word/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I've opened a document (.doc file) with Microsoft Office Word 2007.
The document is all written in Hebrew, and I have the Hebrew Language Pack that I've downloaded using Windows Vista's Windows Update application.

So, back to Word 2007.

For some reason, the "Find" button, located in Home>> Editing, is grayed.

When I click the "Find button, two options show up, and the first of them is grayed and I can't select it:

"Find..."
"Go To..."Click to expand...

Why is it grayed?
I just want to find a few words, and I don't understand why such simple action is not possible.

Screenshot:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-2007.766855/
Relevancy 64.5%

About every hour I get this message on my computer in a dialog box:

Microsoft Office Word

"You have not entered a valid product key. Please check the number on the sticker located on the back of the cd case or Certificate of Authenticity".

I try to close it and another window pops up:

Microsoft office standard edition 2003, User Information and again it prompts me for a product key.

I do not have a Microsoft Word cd, nor have I ever had. I don't want it either. I just want the pop up window to stop as it is very annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Microsoft Office Word Pops Up?

Microsoft explain it here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836178

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-word-pops-up.465576/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello:

I have a new computer.

I have 'Microsoft Office Word 2003' on my old computer and I wanted to place the program on my new computer except that I can't find the cd.

My Question:

Is there a command that I can use, say in the "run" program to transfer all the files of 'Microsoft Office Word 2003' of to a thumb drive and transfer the 'Microsoft Office Word 2003' to my new machine?

Thanks to all.

A:Microsoft Office Word 2003

I believe the answer is no, if you don't have the CD; see this link:http://ask-leo.com/can_i_transfer_my_softw...ew_machine.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297052/microsoft-office-word-2003/
Relevancy 64.5%

Microsoft Office & Word,

These items are check marked and show up on startup in my msconfig.exe .

I don't see why I need these 2 items on startup, But if I am missing an obvious reason , please let me know.

If I uncheck these 2 items in msconfig > startup, when I startup my computer from a shutdown state, the system configuration message shows that I have chosen a " selective " startup .......... yadayadayada

how do I stop this message?

Thanks
Lu

Relevancy 64.5%

Currently running Windows 7 home premium. An automatic update has prevented me from accessing my documents and redirected me purchase Microsoft Office 2010. I installed Open Office but can only view individual documents by opening with Open Office. How do I run Open Office automatically? Do I uninstall Microsoft Office?

A:Microsoft Word to Open Office

Hi Xander82, and welcome to TSG.

The following page on the Microsoft web site explains how to set default programs to open different file types in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-which-programs-windows-uses-by-default

If your current trial installation of MS-Office has expired and you do not wish to purchase it, then yes, you can uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-to-open-office.1109244/
Relevancy 64.5%

It has been a few months, but I asked about Office 2007 or actually any office program that didn't cost a fortune.  I asked if ebay was a good place to buy one, someone answered no, try Amazon, and someone else told me of a free office program to download, not as fancy as Microsoft, but works.  Can you give me the name of the website again, please?  I wrote it down and of course can't find where I wrote it down.  Thanks!

A:Word program different than Microsoft Office

Libre' Office

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156591.0.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone,how do i add the "Edit With Microsoft Office Word" to Firefox/3.0.6,file?

Any tips geeks>>>

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275964-edit-microsoft-office-word.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everybody...
What should I do to make the cursor go to the right so I can write in arabic from the right to the left?
Normally a (ctr+right shift) should do but it's not working
And there used to be also a button I click to do so but since my last reinstall of word it doesn't appear and i can't find it anywhere...
Maybe i should do something in the options somewhere...
Thx for your help

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I have used Microsoft Office 97's Word Program for years and just got a new computer, so I had to install another Microsoft Office 97 Word disc onto my computer.

When I look at the Table Options though, some of the options on the appearance of the tables are missing. Which of course, were my 3 favorite ones that I always used.

Does anybody know how to add more options?

Claudia

Relevancy 64.5%

Will our Microsoft Office word 2007 work with Windows 10?

A:Microsoft Office Word 2007

In a word, yes. I have Office 2007 installed on my Win 10 machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/395052-microsoft-office-word-2007-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I'm running Windows -bit and noticed one day when opening my start menu to open up word that in the programs list now called quot all apps quot for some reason the launcher for Microsoft Office Word wasn't in the folder labeled quot Microsoft Office quot but rather it was under Folder Office in Word Microsoft Not the quot W quot section as its own program I went into the file Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder location Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder and all the applications are in a folder there but for some reason in the start menu it's not in the Microsoft Folder This bugs me and I can't find any way to edit the start menu's folders programs etc in Windows Before I continue I must say that I'm a little biased toward the older versions of Windows and am rather dissatisfied with the way Microsoft is heading That said does anyone know how to fix this I can't just drag it into a folder and I can't find any quot manage start menu quot buttons or options anywhere Please help me

A:Word Not in Microsoft Office Folder

You could pin them to your start menu

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/32856-word-not-microsoft-office-folder.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All of a sudden microsoft word will not open properly. I get the page with the hourglass but it doesn't open to a fresh page for typing and I cannot open any of my documents either. I have tried system restore but didn't have a point far enough back for it to work. I have tried reinstalling from a disk I had from my old computer, but it doesn't work either.
I don't know why it would suddenly just stop working, it keeps telling me to report the problem, which I have done endlessly.
I am on XP using an admittedly old version of Word (2000) but it has always worked just fine before.
Can anyone help me with this please? Many thanks.

Relevancy 64.5%

When trying to insert EXEL Doc into word I get this message

"Microsoft Office Word needs a converter to display this file correctly. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now and I hit Yes yhe following message come up. Windows installer error 1635

How do i fix this problem as i have re down loaded converter program to no avail?

A:Microsoft Office Word Needs A Converter

Looks like the excel doc and word are on different versions of office (ie one maybe 2000 and one 2007)

there are two ways you could resolve this....

1st one is save the excel doc as the same version as word ie 2003 0r 2007 etc

2nd one is download a converter from Microsoft...I have one but i'm not sure if this is the same version

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

let me know how you get on

good luck

Nicky

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-office-word-needs-a-converter-285298.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am about to go and do a fresh install on my computer, meaning removing everything and starting from fresh. However, how do I take and deactivate my Microsoft Office Word program, so that when I reinstall it I won't run into issues. I hope that makes sense?

I have never done it before, which is why I'm asking.

Any help would highly be helpful. Thanks!

A:Solved: Microsoft Office Word

Nevermind, I figured it out on my own by doing a lot of research. As I've read numerous times, when uninstalling the Office 2007 completely from the computer is basically all I need to do.

But definitely check into it if anyone else is looking at this, I could be completely wrong. I am just going with what I've read. I'm going ahead and going to take and reformat my computer.

Marking this solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-office-word.951998/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have MS Office Premium. In Excel, is there is a way to hide tabs in a workbook?

A:Microsoft Office Premium-Excel

If thats office 2000 click on the tab to the worksheet you want to hide, then click the Format menu==>sheet==>hide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-premium-excel.119424/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm using Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2007 Professional. When I highlight a column, the highlighted color is so light that when I do a "Find" (Control F) command and it finds the value you can't tell it found the value. (The found value is in white which isn't much different than the highlighted column.) Is there any way I can darken the highlighted column? I've tried changing the color scheme for the entire program and that doesn't help.

Relevancy 64.5%

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is with respect to our excel problem.We get the error "excel cannot complete this task with available resources.choose less data or close other applications".
For ur information we are using Windows XP, Microsoft office 2003.

Pls let us know the solution.

Regards,
Sharash

A:Microsoft office excel problem.

Can you give more information to help diagnose the problem?

The error you are encountering is many times associated with a calculation that involves many cells at one time and the computer may not have enough RAM to complete the calculation. possible solutions (without knowing more about the problem) include,

1. Reduce the amount of cells to be calculated at one time.

2. check to see if the calculation formula or function is correct (sometimes a mistake in the formula or function itself may cause the computer to go into a "loop")

3. Install more RAM to accommodate the needs of the spreadsheet.

Let me know more info on the problem
Robert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-excel-problem.606738/
Relevancy 64.5%

When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally.
All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally.
If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all.

Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ?

Regards

Flynne

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi People,

I have the MS Office Excel 2003 installed on my PC. Last week I deleted a file and now I have to recover/recuperate it. Do anybody know how I have to proceed to recover a deleted file on my PC? Thanks.

A:Microsoft Office Excel 2003 - Help!

Stupid question, but did you check the recycle bin?Check out some of these programs, though I know nothing about how effective they are:http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?q...lete&tg=dl-2001

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9991/microsoft-office-excel-2003-help/
Relevancy 64.5%

US-Cert has issued an alert to remind users of MS Office and MS Works to install the critical Microsoft update released today that addresses vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to take control of your computer.See :MS06-012 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution (905413) (March 14, 2006) athttp://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms06-mar.mspxRegards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46743/microsoft-office-and-excel-vulnerabilities/
Relevancy 64.07%

When I try to launch Excel or Word I get the screen: "Please wait while Office prepares the necessary files". I then have to wait for the procedure to be completed.
In addition, on launching Excel I get a box showing stdole32.tlb.
I have tried to replace that file with a copy but, in spite of logging in as Administrator, it won't copy and replace.
I have carried out a Repair of Office 2007 but it makes no difference.
Help would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4060 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1806 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461899 MB, Free - 164566 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0J190T
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
Office 2007 Enterprise Edition

Relevancy 64.07%

Not sure what's going on with my pc, but when I do the following, the programs just freeze. And when I try to close them, it says "Not Responding."

MS Word & Excel:
It freezes if I try to open an existing file
If I create a new file, and click File + Print or File + Print Preview, it freezes

Open Office Writer:
It freezes any time I try to print

I sure hope I don't have some kind of virus.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3710 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 72535 MB, Free - 16017 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WG261
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 64.07%

This is a question about the search functions within Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Excel 2007. I want to be able to do searches that would yield both “e” and “é” in the results of a single search. Right now all I can do is two separate searches.

My OS is Windows Vista. An example of what I'm looking for is a search that would bring up "cafe" and "café". It's probably either a way to ignore accent marks or a way to define searches for "e" as if they were searches for “e or é”.

Thanks very much for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/searching-in-msoft-office-word-and-excel-2007.948991/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,When I click on the Help button in both programs , this is what I get:CL Viewer can't display HelpCL Viewer cannot install the necessary files due to Window Installer error 2The system cannot find the file specifiedI have run the 2007 Diagnostics and it says it cannot find a problem.Is there perhaps a file I can activated that is somewhere in the Office 2007 main file?

A:Office 2007 -word And Excel "help" Files Missing

Hi billibo

I don't know if this is relevant, but I had a problem a couple of days ago and found that my Windows Installer Service had somehow been disabled. Resetting this to manual fixed things for me. Something to check anyway. (Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services).

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141579/office-2007-word-and-excel-help-files-missing/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have searched various forums, including this one, so I'm not sure there is a way to resolve this problem.

Every time I start Excel or Word [Microsoft Office 2003 Pro] I have to rearrange my toolbars. When I start Excel [for example], I'll arrange my toolbars [including dragging them]. After I have them all moved where I want them, I'll use Excel and then shut the app down. When I restart Excel, the toolbars will no longer be in the places I moved them to earlier. I have to rearrange them every time!

Is there a way to lock the toolbars in MS Office 2003 Pro, specifically Excel and Word?

Thanks!

Joseph

Relevancy 64.07%

I've been trying to resolve this very slow opening problem, but no success.
Tried "detect and repair", this worked but after restart or shutdown the problem came right back.
Any suggestions for a fix, hopefully short of reinstalling MS Office, would be greatly appreciated.

OS XPPro SP3 fully updated
MS Office 2003 fully updated

Thanks in advance

A:MS office files, Word and Excel, very slow to open

Sounds like a machine error... Tell us about your computer, connection, antivirus, and antispyware in some detail... We would like to know brand, or motherboard, age, and configuration... as well as your spyware and antivirus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-office-files-word-and-excel-very-slow-to-open.145028/
Relevancy 64.07%

Everything worked fine until a few days ago when I couldn't print a worksheet from Excel. I tried printing from Word and that failed too. I can print with no trouble from other applications. My printer is Epson Stylus C62 and Excel and Word are from Microsoft Office X for Mac 2008. The following happens in Word but not Excel: after attempting to print various commandx available before become unavailable - they are greyed out.

My Mac OS is Version 10.6.8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-word-or-excel-from-office-x-for-mac-2008.1039807/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently purchased a new computer and transferred my files from the old one. Both systems run Windows 7 with the same version of Office (2007). After the transfer, Excel files will only open when accessed from Excel - otherwise, they try to open in Word. If I click on a file and select "open with," the only option is to open with Word. Any ideas?

A:Office 2007 Excel files opening in Word

Try clicking on the Win7 Orb and selecting "Default Programs" and select "Associate a file type or protocol with a program". Scroll down to .xls and change the program that it opens with to Excel by highlighting it and clicking on the Change Program button in the right hand corner. You will recognise other Excel extensions in the same area which you might want to change in the same way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-excel-files-opening-in-word.1001040/
Relevancy 63.64%

Word 2010 - anyone else having issues with their gridlines disapearing when working with label templates?