Windows Support Forum

Can i use outlook on 2 PC's but monitor 1 email account?

Q: Can i use outlook on 2 PC's but monitor 1 email account?

Hi,

I run a small business from home and use outlook for emails. I want my wife who uses another PC to have access to the same emails through outlook but on her PC, is it possible? I answer questions whilst she handles payments / orders which all come through this one email account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee1133

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can i use outlook on 2 PC's but monitor 1 email account?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 19.78%

Samsung has announced that their latest 32-inch Ultra HD monitor, the U32E850R with support for AMD's FreeSync technology, is now available in the United States with a rather hefty price tag of $1,199.

Read more

A:Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

With those prices of decent sized monitors and capable GPUs, We are years from 4K being more of a gimmick for the few rich. I just wait for QWHD to go down to earth prices. They're stuck at 350? for like two years now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-launches-32-inch-4k-monitor-with-amd-freesync.217574/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a choice to make on a new monitor.

It needs to be VESA mountable and will be for strategy gaming and work purposes. Games like Wargame, Supreme Commander and World of Tanks. I work as a sysadmin so think lots of windows open!

Do I get a 24" monitor like this Benq (recommendations on a different one are welcome)

Or do I get a 27" monitor. If you think 27" what res would you recommend baring in mind I am sporting a 760gtx.

Thanks,

A:24" monitor or 27"

I think 1080P is the best bet for your GTX 760. 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 (27 inch panels) might be a bit too much. It is really personal preference whether you weant a 24 inch or a 27 inch. There are 1080P monitors in both sizes. I recommend Dell, BenQ, ASUS, Samsung, and ACER monitors. There are some other good ones, but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-monitor-or-27.201808/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I was downloading a game . After the download finished a clicked on play to well.... Start playing and something wierd happened. My screen went blue (screen colour when nothing in being recieved) At first I thought it was the in game resolution so I tried pressing alt and enter to change the view from full screen to windowed. I also tried pressing alt and f4 to try and close the game but still nothing was showing. So I hard reseted my pc. The msi logo boot up shows normally but after the logo the screen stops showing anything. I tried changing hdmi ports and the first time this happened it fixed the problem. But because I'm stupid I tried booting up the game again and the same thing happened but changing ports didn't work this time. I tried everything but nothing has worked. If anyone could help it would be very appreciated. Also I can't boot into safe mode because I'm using win8.1 and also an ssd.

My specs: msi mobo
Gpu: gtx 760 2gb
8gb ram
SSD
Normal HDDHDD
600W power supply

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-showing-output.215936/
Relevancy 19.78%

My Friend has a HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop. His display isn't work. Suddenly display gone. But I thought it could be Display problem not a VGA. So, i tried to connect an external monitor and used Shortcut keys to change the display. I pressed fu + F1 or Fu + F2 or Fu + F3 or Fu + F4 up-to F12. But no result.
I couldn't check whether it's a Display or VGA card problem. IS there any other way to check it. in addition to these is there any other combination keys to Change the display to an external monitor. I'm unable to check whether i get login or not. if I can login then i can use Windows Key + P. Then i can select mode. But I'm Unable to anything here. Please help me to find the problem and i have to take it to repairing shop.
Thanks in Advanced

A:Change display of laptop to external monitor

It should be the Fn + the key that shows a monitor symbol. If it still doesn't display, the motherboard video processor has failed, and not the LCD Panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-display-of-laptop-to-external-monitor.168817/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want it to a PC for music production.
No fancy graphics to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-gpu-for-3440x1440-monitor.215778/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys, I need to buy a Full HD monitor but I seem to be unable to find one that meets my requirements.

All I need is an IPS display with 5 ms response time. And perhaps a glossy display but not too much.

Please help me out guys. I tried search soooo much but didn't find anything.

A:Suggest a monitor

What is your overall budget for this monitor? Where will you be purchasing this item (online -or- physical retail store)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-monitor.213566/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings here is a quick story and then my question I built my computer about years ago and since upgraded a bit of it last year So I am gong to build an all new system However This time around I am going to get a VERY nice monitor first since that is what I am looking at I was going to spend between and dollars to get one I backwards, Monitor first Building asked over on the Stardock forums I was going to get a new monitor and asked what they felt was the best one available The CEO actually replied and said to wait till Display port was readily available for the new K monitors I wanted to size up to a quot or thereabouts So my question is Building backwards, Monitor first twofold Should I wait for display port and when will we see some monitors with it and Should I just get a K monitor now if Building backwards, Monitor first there is not much visual difference between display port and I see my video card is going to need to be upgraded since it does not have a port on it sigh What I currently have Asrock Mobo Z Extreme I K I have the hyper evo fan setup g Gskill DDR ram I forgot the timing I upgraded from to gigs EVGA Geforce GTX Yea I knew about the ram issue when I bought the card last year Building backwards, Monitor first Evo gig SSD I was using Intel s cache drive method to speed up stuff this was also part of my upgrade Corsair terrabyte storage drive Corsair watt Gold PSW Win pro Asus Monitor I am not helping you all by not remembering the model number my apologies nbsp

A:Building backwards, Monitor first

I'm a little curious as to why you're planning to rebuild your system? From the looks of it, it's still a pretty solid machine. As far as I know, DisplayPort 1.3 is already out. It's been talk of another release already (DisplayPort 1.4a) is this what you were waiting for? If so, I wouldn't waste the time. As for 4K, what exactly do you do with your machine? Knowing this will make it easier for us to recommend suggestions. I personally wouldn't go for 4K right now, but that's just my opinion. There isn't enough content available and it's still expensive to facilitate. Dell has very good offerings when it comes to high-end displays. I'd personally go for either the

Dell UltraSharp U3014
or
Dell U3415W Black 34

I know there a few monitor guys in the community. Hopefully, one of them will see your post and provide you with more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-backwards-monitor-first.213799/
Relevancy 19.35%

LG Australia has revealed a new FreeSync monitor on their website perhaps a little earlier than the company anticipated, and it could be a great option for gamers wanting to upgrade to a 4K display.

Read more

A:LG's 27MU67 monitor packs FreeSync alongside a 4K, 27-inch IPS panel

4 way split? That's pretty cool. I know other monitors have done it (though none immediately come to mind) but very cool nevertheless. It might not be an IPS type panel but that's not a bad price all things considered.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lgs-27mu67-monitor-packs-freesync-alongside-a-4k-27-inch-ips-panel.213446/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me,

I just bought a new R9 280 to replace my HD 5830.

I installed it properly and there was no video output to my monitor.

The 5830 is now back in and everything is fine so not sure what's going on.

I've tried using the vga slot instead of HDMI on the R9 280 and there's still no output.

A:New R9 280 with no monitor signal

Try to change the power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-r9-280-with-no-monitor-signal.212523/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello everyone. I will soon be upgrading my monitor and I am not sure which to get. Currently I am running a gtx 980 and my 6 year old 1600x900 acer is extremly underpowered to take full advantage of the card. My main issue is whether or not I should invest in a g-sync monitor since I do have a high end card. the concept of g sync seems nice but I've noticed a $200+ price increase for gsync monitors. Is it worth the investment for me? I plan on getting a 1ms 144hz monitor regardless I am just unsure if I should invest into a g sync monitor. thx everyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picking-a-new-monitor.213195/
Relevancy 20.21%

As I don't go menu and Monitor's won't buttons the work away am writing this I have this blue square on the screen with all the settings for this monitor Whichever button I press on the monitor the menu won t go away Not even the power button works so that means I can Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work t disable Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work the monitor Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t work as soon as the picture appears the menu appears Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work as well Let me give you a bit of a history as it might help determine the cause About a month ago my old monitor monitor started behaving weird It started turning itself off every now and again Sometimes few times a minute Every time it turns off it turns back on with the splash screen saying quot BENQ quot and everything I had no idea why it does that I tried pressing the buttons on it to go into the menu but every button seemed to shut it off and every button seemed to turn it on So I gave it to a family friend to try and fix it He said that the quot control board quot started dying and that he doesn t have a spare one or something like that He then gave me a spare monitor of his monitor until I can buy a new one or fix monitor So I took monitor from him and sent monitor to the shop so they can try and fix it About a week passes and the shop calls and says that they fixed monitor I go and pick it up and when I came home I unplug monitor and plug in monitor monitor was working perfectly then Monitor worked for about minutes and started shutting down again And when I tried using the buttons they wouldn t work again Same thing as last time So I return it to the shop and tell them that it doesn t work That was about a week and a half ago They still didn t fix it The problem is now the monitor also started having problems It doesn t turn off yet but the menu buttons don t work Power button doesn t work Nothing And on top of that the menu won t disappear from the screen As I am typing this there s a menu on top of everything Every now and again the menu will switch to a different option like quot brightness quot quot auto adjustment quot and such like the buttons are being pressed Now I am wondering could it be that my PC is quot breaking quot these monitors Is there a way for a PC to physically damage a monitor What should I do in that case Also I should say that ever since monitor died and after I installed monitor my PC has been getting blue screens of death It hasn t happened once in years since I got this PC and it started after I got monitor I don t know if that s something that s important but there it is If you need more info please let me know I am trying to figure out what is happening and every bit of help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work

No one has any relevant information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-menu-wont-go-away-and-the-buttons-dont-work.212651/
Relevancy 19.35%

The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show is in full swing this week with several technology giants on hand to show off their latest products. One of the early frontrunners for attention is HP's new DreamColor Z32x, a professional-grade...

Read more

A:HP's massive professional-grade 4K monitor features 10-bit color spectrum, IPS panel and more

The picture in picture feature is awesome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hps-massive-professional-grade-4k-monitor-features-10-bit-color-spectrum-ips-panel-and-more.211399/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello there, so here is the really weird problem I am having

When I connect pc to pc monitor, it gives black screen (the ms-dos screen were you have the "_" blinking on the left top)

When I connect pc to my TV, it works all good.

Here is the strange part:

When I connect my pc to my TV and it works, if I unplug the cord and connect it back to pc monitor, without shutting down the pc, IT WORKS! ...

graphic card : geforce750, hdmi cable

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

A:Really strange graphic card pc monitor and TV problem

Try updating your video card drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/83080

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-strange-graphic-card-pc-monitor-and-tv-problem.211182/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 20.21%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 20.64%

I need to have an IPS monitor for doing my digital illustrations.
Currently, I only have my laptop's display to use but it's not really good.
I'm only starting out and still in the learning stage so I can't go for very expensive ones.

Also, even though IPS panels are already very common, stores in my area only has few models and brands available.

I'm choosing between these:

Asus VX239H 23" Widescreen IPS LED Monitor

LG IPS MONITOR MP65

LG 23EA63V

Dell S2240L

I've done some research on it but I would really like to have a second opinion and know which would be the best choice.
I'm also open for other suggestions. I just hope it's available here in the Philippines.

Thank you in advance.

A:Need Help Choosing IPS Monitor

I am using 2x Dell U2412M, eIPS panel, great viewing angles, great colors, great response time (gaming). And it's 16:10, not squeezed like the 16:9 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-ips-monitor.208801/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a monitor that I want to get connected to my HP 210 mini notebook. What will I do in order that my computer be able to detect the external monitor connected to it. I already installed the driver of the monitor.

A:Not Detecting the External Monitor Connected with a netbook

Connecting a monitor to a laptop should be simple. Most laptops automatically pick it up and ask if you want to start using it and how (Duplicate, Extend, Screen 1 OR Screen 2).

There are a few different ways to switch to it, on laptops there's usually a " FN" Key (If no "FN" Key, substitute with CTRL sometimes), and across the F1-F12 keys (sometimes the 1-9 keys..) there as symbols. You want to press the one that looks like a monitor and it should bring up an On Screen Display that shows you choices, and while holding the FN(Or CTRL) key and pressing it again it should change it to the other options as previously mentioned.

The other option depends on what operating system you have on the laptop. Win7, 8, Vista, XP? (I assume 7 or 8)

Anyways let me know if that helped narrow it down, otherwise we'll try the last step which is in basic terms: Control Panel > Display Settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-the-external-monitor-connected-with-a-netbook.208635/
Relevancy 19.78%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently just built a gaming PC with my friend I have installed all of the drivers for the GPU from the installation disk it came displays dark. Build. glitches goes then New problem? Monitor GPU with Windows has been updated fully also besides three updates that continue to fail They are just security updates they may or may not be the problem The PC runs fine and the display will show New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? clear and crisp for about half an hour until New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? glitches will start to appear in the screen and next the monitor will appear black The light is still on and the PC is still running whatever it was last I know this because it did it during a driver installation and after I waited an hour and then restarted the PC the driver install was done Often after I restart the PC nothing will show up at all If I wait awhile and get lucky it will boot up normal The glitches happen most often when I try to run a game The mentioned updates continue to fail and idk why I have ran a troubleshoot for the PC as well and the it says no driver can be found for the PCI Simple Communications Controller After I choose to search for the driver online or on my computer it says no driver found During a Windows Update failure I got another error message concerning my graphics driver saying a problem could ve occurred because a graphics driver is missing Yet the program GPU Tweak that was installed with the disk says that everything s up-to-date When I try to update manually it says the sam thing This computer was not expensive I can post exact specs when I can get back into it and maybe some pics Specs Not listed is a terabyte of memory blu-ray burner and and an msi Z -G Gaming motherboard I have a strong internet connection and am using a DVI port for the monitor I have ruled out the monitor as the problem Before I said the PC was NOT expensive I meant NOT cheap I spent around on the parts nbsp

A:New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem?

Looking at the screen shot of GPU-Z it appears you are running a AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA drivers. I would suggest downloading the latest drivers from AMD: AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers 14.12. Then go into your control panel and completely uninstall the amd catalyst from your computer. Once completed, you may need to reboot the computer. After reboot, install the newest drivers from the link I posted above. Do so and then try again to produce same error results. Let us know if it works or not so we can try other options, or resolve the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-monitor-displays-glitches-then-goes-dark-gpu-problem.207947/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,
I have recently got a second monitor from a friend, and connected it via DVI to my Graphics card (AMD Radeon R290) next to my old monitor (both monitors are plugged in the same graphics card)
Everything worked fine, but now when I turn on the PC, the new monitor wont light up, the powerbutton does nothing, all other buttons do nothing, BUT the monitor is on, I can do stuff on it (drag the mouse on there, open a window and drag it to the working screen etc.)
When I restart the PC over and over, eventually the monitor does turn on, but it seem completly random.
I checked the powercord, exchanged the DVI cord with a HDMI cord, but nothing helps.
I think the monitor just doesnt get the signal to turn on the light but virtual it is there.
Should I try to reinstall the graphics card driver? Or is the problem in the monitor?

A:LG Monitor not turning on as second Monitor

I would try reinstalling the graphic driver. See if that helps. If not someone here should have a few ideals. That might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-monitor-not-turning-on-as-second-monitor.207800/
Relevancy 20.21%

I recently bought several Dell Optiplex GX computers online for repair I usually do a thorough review of what I am getting but this was a a with VGA Help DVI-D on port computer monitor using a cheap deal on a big lot and a few things slipped by me For one it takes a special power cord that I can t find for less than and there were none Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer with the lot I ordered one to test them with for now but that is not my main problem but if anyone knows where I can get those DA- adapter power cords any cheaper please let me know where My main problem is that these are the small form factor cases so they have no card slots I am dependent upon the motherboard options only So here is my problem the only connector for a monitor on the back of the computer is for a DVI-D which would be great if I had monitors with those connections The only connections I have on my monitors are the VGA I bought some adapters from e-bay that were supposed to convert the DVI port to the VGA which the connector did but I have no screen using this adapter and I am thinking that I was cheated Can this even be done this way I have always just changed the video card but this computer has no way I can see to do that it is all in the motherboard Does anyone know what I can do here I put a fresh install of io xp pro on several of then since that is what they came with They only have pentium s with hyperthreading and single core processors and I didn t think windows would help any If anyone knows what I can do to use these VGA monitors please tell me because without being able to put a video card in it I am lost sincerely cableman nbsp

A:Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer

Your best bet for Global spares is www.pchub.com.

As to the DVI to D-Sub you did the right thing in buying an adapter. It should work period. Did you get the joblot from eBay? Was it sold as untested? Are the PCs even powering on? Maybe there are issues with memory/cpu/motherboard....

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/A02/solve00.htm#wp1286323

Yes you have to be very careful when upgrading the CPUs for this unit as they follow a narrower roadmap. Top line CPU would appear to be a Pentium D3.4Ghz which worked in a GX620 usff with bios revision A11.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-a-vga-monitor-with-a-dvi-d-port-on-computer.172534/
Relevancy 19.78%

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

A:Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have been looking around and cant find a cut and dry answer to my problem.

What I'm looking to do I set up 6 monitors on 2 gtx 980's. My question is if its possible to have 3 monitors running in landscape as well as 3d and the other 3 as separate workspaces. Or can you only get 3 total monitors to work with nvidia 3d. And it gets more complicated when SLI comes into the picture since I would like to maximize my cards. But correct me if I'm wrong, SLI essentially turns my 2 cards into 1 not allowing me to utalize all the video ports on the 2nd card. Meaning I won't even be able to accommodate 6 monitors? I may just have to do without SLI.

So again. 3 monitors in surround 3d. 3 monitors not inside the 3d or surround environment. Off of 2 Gtx 980's. Possible? If not is there a way to accomplish this with other hardware.

Thanks for your time. SF

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-monitor-display-without-sacrificing-3d.207179/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello..
I have problem with my LG Flatron L246WH monitor..
This is actually problem
Capacitors seems to be ok Pic 1 Pic 2
Any ideas??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.206973/
Relevancy 20.64%

Viewsonic
Model: vx2035wm

Power light blinks blue but no picture. I swapped it out with CRT monitor with no issues on the CRT monitor. How hard is it if I fix it myself? Whats the name of the part I need to fix this and where to buy the part?

A:No Picture on LCD Monitor

From the info you provided, it's hard to exactly tell what is wrong with your monitor. Most likely you have some capacitors or some transistors that have "burnt up" (failed). You have the blinking light which means that you are still getting some power to it, but not the full amount needed. Looking up the information on the monitor, it is from either 2007 or 2008. My best suggestion is to get a new one. This is not something that is quick and simple to fix. Most of the time when something like this happens, you have to unsolder parts and then solder new parts back on to the board. Also, finding available parts for the monitor might create another challenge. If you are comfortable with this type of repair work, then take the cover off and start looking for "burnt" parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-on-lcd-monitor.206666/
Relevancy 19.78%

I use a nice old Asus VW266 27" LCD monitor that's at least 5 years old.

Recently, it suddenly started taking several minutes to finally detect a signal after turning on the computer.

When the computer is off, the power light on the monitor is orange. When I turn on my computer, it blinks blue until it detects a signal, at which point it goes solid blue. This takes about 3 minutes during which time the monitor is off (no logo, no backlight).

Once the monitor finally "warms up", it suddenly detects a signal and instantly turns on (no "fade in"). I connected it to on-board video to rule out my video card. Once it starts working, it's perfect. Runs fine for hours. No flicker, no fading, no outages.

So, is my monitor dying? What might be wrong and is there a way to fix it w/o spending a fortune? (it is very hard to find affordable 16:10 monitors nowadays, so I'm not anxious to replace it.)

Thx.

A:Monitor taking minutes to start. Is it dying? Fixable?

I think this is easy to fix ...
Don't worry
Just some tests must be done by a technician to know what exactly is happening

You may also try to unplug the monitor after it detects the signal and reconnect it to see what will happen ... This may make it more easy to determine what is wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-taking-minutes-to-start-is-it-dying-fixable.205974/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi. New guy here. I'm an oldtimer...cut my teeth on tubes and ended up as a 2-way radio and power plant tech. Retired at that point and didn't keep up much with the digital age. I have a compaq fp5315 computer monitor with an audio problem....either lots of noise when volume is normal, or at times no noise, but very low volume. Can't find any scematics and don't want to tear it apart until I know a little more about where to look. Is the audio board in the monitor or in the computer tower? The connecting cord checks ok and the usual plug-wiggling doesn't make any difference. If the audio board is in the tower, is the audio coming from the tower a normal low-impedance speaker feed or like a 600 ohm? Don't think it's just a simple speaker problembecause it has two speakers and both sound the same and the odds are that both wouldn't be bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem-with-compaq-fp5315.206548/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 20.21%

I usually leave my monitor on 24/7, but have recently noticed that after leaving it off for an hour or so and turning it back on the display is darker on the top right side. I also noticed that after the monitor warms up everything seems to go back to normal once I turn it off then on again. This issue happened a year back as well but I didn't pay it any mind thinking it could possibly be something else. I can turn the monitor off and on over and over and the screen is fine with no darkening, but if I leave it off for an hour and turn it on the screen is sometimes dark. Any suggestions as to what I should do about it?

A:LG LED monitor ocassionally dark

Monitors aren't made to be turned on and off repeatedly - leave them in standby mode.

Almost sounds like something's screwed with the backlight. Hard to tell without a photo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-led-monitor-ocassionally-dark.205395/
Relevancy 20.21%

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.

A:Dell 27" 5K Monitor

VitalyT said:

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.Click to expand...

And I thought 4K was crazy high resolution already xD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-27-5k-monitor.205015/
Relevancy 20.21%

OK I am trying to set up a 6 monitor eyefinity setup using two r9 290x GPU. I want to cross fire the GPU s and then plug 3 of the monitors into 3 of the 4 ports that are on the GPU and then plug the other 3 in via a port hub utilizing the last plug in on the gpu. My knowledge is limited so I have questions regarding this method. For one would this even work? 2. Would I be able to max out most games using this method? 3. Is there an easier way to do this?

A:Setting up a 6 monitor gaming rig

Scooby Dude said:

OK I am trying to set up a 6 monitor eyefinity setup using two r9 290x GPU. I want to cross fire the GPU s and then plug 3 of the monitors into 3 of the 4 ports that are on the GPU and then plug the other 3 in via a port hub utilizing the last plug in on the gpu. My knowledge is limited so I have questions regarding this method. For one would this even work? 2. Would I be able to max out most games using this method? 3. Is there an easier way to do this?Click to expand...

Let me put it this way, it can work as stated on AMD's website using a multi DP output hub.

To answer the second question though is a no you would not most likely be able to max out most games in this methodology. You will probably be able to run a game like Tomb Raider for instance at high settings but maxing out with 6 displays is pushing it.

The easiest way to do this is the only way...Basically buy the 3 way DP hub, hook up your monitors with adapters to whatever output method your choosing, then hookup the rest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-6-monitor-gaming-rig.204934/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello This is my very first post on this site I was looking for a good place for tech support and an My HDMI-DVI Monitor and with Connection Some Help Need this was recommend so now I m here Alright - here s the story A few months ago my neighbor moved They gave away some of their stuff one of which is a ViewSonic VG wm monitor which was given to me At first glance it didn t look like much Then I decided Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection to some research on it and it turns out that it s actually an HD monitor back from It even displays in full p After I found that out I wanted to try out my Wii U with it That s when I ran into a pretty big roadblock Turns out that even though it can do HD the oh so sensible people at ViewSonic decided to NOT incorporate an HDMI port Weird right Anyway it has two input ports - a DVI-D port and a VGA port I ve been using my laptop with the monitor through the VGA port and it displays at x Little did I know that VGA is quite archaic when Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection compared to DVI and HDMI I just went on vacation to the States I live in the Bahamas - and I was able to Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection pick up a really affordable yet well-reviewed DVI-HDMI male-to-male adapter cable made by ULTRA Since I couldn t bring my monitor with me I had to wait to get all the way back home here in the Bahamas Why oh why As soon as I got home I plugged in the cable to the back of the monitor the DVI end and into my Wii U the HDMI end I powered on the monitor and WALLA ----- oh wait quot No Signal quot I ve been trying for about - hours now and that s all I can get from it I ve tried all I can I even plugged the HDMI end into my set-top box and believe it or not IT WORKED I took it out and tried it again but once again quot No Signal quot That s the only time it s worked I m not sure what the case is I ve done all I can I tried it on my laptop it s the only one in the house with an HDMI port and this monitor is the only one in the house with a DVI port The monitor has age on it I can t access the OSD and there are a few bright spots but it still looks and works good I just really wanted to try DVI since it s apparently in the same ballpark as HDMI when it comes down to display quality So does anyone have any ideas I can t return the cable to try for a different one just in case IT S the problem - and to buy one here in my country is a little more expensive TL DR - Monitor won t accept DVI signal from HDMI to DVI adapter cable but accepts VGA just fine Any tips to attempt a fix nbsp

A:Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection

Not completely sure since I have a laptop (I don't use an external monitor), but don't you have to switch the input of the monitor like a TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-with-my-monitor-and-an-hdmi-dvi-connection.204858/
Relevancy 19.78%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!
About a year ago, the newest monitor for our home's main computer stopped functioning, so it had stopped being used. However, today I was in search of some files I needed that were on our old main computer, so I hooked up the old monitor that came with that computer and it didn't work as well. (The old monitor worked on a different computer). I tried hooking up a few other spare monitors to the old computer, but it they also did not work either. I came to the conclusion that the monitor input had crashed.

So, here's my question: Is it possible to use a KVM switch to display the old computers monitor display on my laptop to get access to my files, even without the old computer's monitor input functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-no-working-monitor-input.204590/
Relevancy 20.21%

As the title states I cant seem to get my monitor to turn on when I put ram in slots 3-4.. I currently have 2x2gb ram installed and im trying to install 2x1gb more(in slots 3-4)
both sets are matching pairs

Any suggestions?

CPU: amd phenom ii x4
GPU: Radeon hd 7700
MOBO: Gigabyte M720-US3
64 bit*

A:Monitor wont turn on with ram in slots 3-4

What's the timings, frequency, and voltage on the RAM sets?

Also confirming, that you are putting them into matching ram slots? 3-4 tells me nothing and can be misunderstood anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-turn-on-with-ram-in-slots-3-4.204476/
Relevancy 20.21%

I usually connect the vga cable from my monitor to the port on my gpu,but for some reason it doesn't display anything now.

I tried to locate the source of the problem by doing these

1) Connected the vga cable from my laptop to the monitor, and it displays the laptop's content just fine so the monitor/cable isn't the issue.

2)Connected the cable to the vga port on my samsung smart tv and to the slot on my gpu and my desktop boots and functions just fine.

3) I opened up my cpu cabinet and dusted the ram and the video card and put everything back in place but that didn't help either.

I don't have a DVI cable with me so I can't check if that works and I don't have another similar monitor either I can test it on other than my tv.

Video card: AMD HD6770

Monitor Samsung 23'S22B series

A:Monitor powers up, but does not display

Is the port you're trying to get video out of active? It might be turned "off." Just a thought....

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-powers-up-but-does-not-display.202749/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Samsung monitor, model 460FP-3. It has been working properly by HDMI but I plugged a device by VGA, then I went back to HDMI source and it didn't work. Now the monitor seems to be blocked in some way that I can't run it by HDMI. Could you help me? I've tried resetting to factory settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-samsung-fp460-3.204439/
Relevancy 20.21%

In August I purchased one of the new Samsung Series laptops with Windows -bit I love the laptop However due to eyesight problems I need to connect it to an external monitor I talked to Samsung BEFORE I bought the laptop and asked if they had a docking station for it They said they did not but that I would be able to connect it to a VGA monitor When I received the laptop I noticed that it did not have a VGA connection only a micro-HDMI connection I again called Samsung debacle external monitor Samsung They told me no problem just buy a VGA to micro-HDMI adapter They told me I could find one at any electronics store I was in Phoenix at the time and could not find it at any electronics store But I found a VGA-USB adapter I tried it and found that it worked except for when I was trying my email or browsers Then it just did not work I decided to buy Samsung external monitor debacle a new monitor and figured I would buy a Samsung monitor because it obviously Would have no problems connecting to a Samsung laptop I found a good monitor the Series S A H Before buying it I called Samsung and asked them if it would work They assured me it would connect to my laptop So I bought the monitor and had it shipped to me overseas When it arrived it only had VGA and HDMI connections I called Samsung again and they told me they had a VGA to micro-HDMI adapter They would not ship it to me overseas but would ship it to a friend in Hawaii who would then re-ship it to me After weeks it arrived However it was not a VGA to micro-HDMI adapter but the charger for my laptop I called back to Samsung and then told me to order it from Samsung parts I contacted Samsung parts and they said they did not have such an adapter and just to get it at any electronics store same story I still could not find such an adapter so I ordered an HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter When that finally arrived I was able to connect Nothing but problems I got no picture on my external monitor unless I unplugged the monitor each time and plugged it back in When I finally got a picture I noticed that it had about a inch border all the way around it thereby making it only a little larger than my laptop picture I called Samsung again and they said something like because of the HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter I could not get the proper resolution on my external monitor This is driving me CRAZY I have spent over on long-distance international calls to Samsung they won t call me because I am out of the US but I must call them and get a call center which is usually out of the US Why would Samsung make a laptop that is impossible to connect to an external monitor Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can properly connect my laptop to this monitor Thank you nbsp

A:Samsung external monitor debacle

edit: okay, now I read it properly.

Your Monitor may not be scaling the resolution to match it's maximum output. Try setting the monitor to be the only active display (as in output to external monitor only) and adjusting the resolution in windows to match the maximum resolution your monitor will allow. If that works, you at least have a starting point.

Also, are they referring to the Samsung AA-AH1NAMB/US Micro HDMI to VGA Adapter??? I'd suggest trying to find an e-tailer that will ship to your location, rather than dealing with Samsung directly anymore, since it REALLY seems to be costing you unnecessary time and money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-external-monitor-debacle.172911/
Relevancy 20.21%

A few days ago I bought some screenwipes to clean my monitor screen & iPhone screen. They worked great on my iPhone & laptop but when I did my W7 tower I felt bumps which are from un expected sneezes & would like to know if there is another way to clean that off or if I'll just have to use more than one wipe.

A:Cleaning my monitor screen

You just have to put some muscle into it! I had the same sneeze marks on my screen from over the years and a bit of elbow grease was the key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cleaning-my-monitor-screen.204176/
Relevancy 19.78%

Ok I m not the best and building computers and am very new at it My fresh build will boot but display absolutely nothing on the it like except everything Fresh display all powers at should build, no on monitor monitor by nothing I mean it won t even go to bios or turn the power light from standby to on This build will boot up all fans will run with no problems including cpu and video card fans and everything will shut Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor off by holding down the power button properly Also I have not gotten any light or beep codes Here is what I have asus m a motherboard amd fx -core processor black edition asus gtx ti direct cu video card ddr gb Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor x gb MHz dual corsair vengeance ram watt xion xio power supply sata tb barracuda hard drive dvd cd - writable drive cm storm scout case I have tried trouble shooting programs for the motherboard and video card with no results I have tried resetting the rtc ram I have double checked the power plugs are plugged in properly and making a proper circuit I have taken everything out except the motherboard cpu cpu fan and power supply and still gotten no beeps I have tried changing how the stupid speaker wire connects connecting incorrectly according to the manual and still no freaking beeps I have tried using hdmi and vga cords connected to my tv that supports pc s and a monitor nothing worked cord wise but my old pc worked like a dream when connected to them when talking to tech support for the motherboard they helped me check that it wasn t a grounding issue I have talked to all my pc buddies called tech support and no one can tell me anything i haven t tried or that has worked I have no idea what is wrong I need help I have spent the last two day all day working on this with no clue what is happening nbsp

A:Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

do you have the monitor cable plugged into the GPU or MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-build-everything-powers-like-it-should-except-no-display-at-all-on-monitor.178244/
Relevancy 19.78%

I picked up a Samsung SyncMaster 930b at a GoodWill near my home, it seemed in great condition when I picked it up, plugged it in at the store, turned right on, Digital popped up in the corner, I thought everything was fine.
Got home, hooked it up to my laptop through a DVI-HDMI cable, the desktop popped up, for about a second, then the screen went black. Now I can only get anything to display when I press the button to switch between Analog and Digital, it will pop up for a second when it switches to digital but then it shuts off again.
I even tried it on an raspberry pi I have and the same thing happened. Unfortunately though I dont have a VGA cable to see if maybe its just the DVI connection. Any advice from anyone or has anyone experienced this before and is it fixable?

A:Picked up a cheap monitor, hoping for an easy fix

Some desktop video cards are packaged with dvi to vga adaptor.
see if you have one to test vga video connection.

hooked it up to my laptop through a DVI-HDMI cableClick to expand...

also, I think not all video connections are supported by a dvi-hdmi adaptor (?).
check laptop manual if such connection is supported.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picked-up-a-cheap-monitor-hoping-for-an-easy-fix.203403/
Relevancy 19.78%

I built a gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. Also the keyboard and mouse won't turn on.
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 700

A:Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Could you please provide the specs for your build? Need to list the exact parts you used, including make and model. It makes things easier to help with diagnosing your issue or issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-own-computer-but-it-wont-connect-to-monitor.203102/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey,
So I finally got around to building my first PC. I changed a few parts from my original build plans and I am not sure if it was for the better or worse but the issue is not whether I built a good PC or not.

When I cut on my computer and plug in the monitor, I read that you should get a sort of beep and some blue screen the first time you cut on your PC, however the only thing that happens with me is a message that the monitor is going into sleep mode, then it proceeds to go black. I tried plugging the VGA into the mobo port but that actually made the computer say I had no VGA cable at all.

The graphics card, a Radeon R7 260X, is compatiable with my mobo, ASRock 960 GM/U3S3 FX

Any idea what the issue is here and how I can fix it?

A:Monitor Keeps Sleeping

Is the PCI-E plug from the power supply plugged into the graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-sleeping.202589/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have an AOC 27" LCD. Its worked perfectly until this week. When I'm gaming and go into an area or room where the ambient light is low the image will go almost black. If I back out of the area it goes back to normal. When I'm playing a DVD and a night scene comes up the screen goes black. When I start up or shut down the PC, the screen image is so dim I can't see the POST screen or Windows shutdown. Picture goes normal at the desktop. I use an HDMI cable and switched to DVI and VGA with same results. It also acts the same when connected to 2 different computers. Thanks

A:Monitor keeps going dark

Had the same problem with mine. Check your monitors settings . Some eco settings. make sure their not on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-dark.202414/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I just finished a new build and am having a strange issue with my monitor and am at a loss The monitor will randomly just go black power stays on pc is still running fine its done it mid game as well as just sitting idle I have disabled sleep modes The new build is a a k and a asus a x - plus mobo radeon r gamer series ram MHz WD black gig hd raidmax watt PSU Now if I hook monitor up to my old video card radeon hd I have no out goes Monitor black of ideas issues but when I plug it into the motherboards VGA I have problems Now here is whats giving me problems I have hooked my wifes monitor into my new computer her monitor works fine with the onboard vga and my monitor works fine on her pc Also if I plug my tv into onboard hdmi I have no issues I would test dvi but I don t have a converter I do have updated bios and drivers and am running windows Things I have tried so far reinstalled windows and all drivers swapped monitors tried separate gpu adjusted refresh rate tried hdmi my tv instead of monitor instead of vga so far the only issue I can come up with Monitor goes black out of ideas is maybe my monitor is just not compatible for some reason Monitor and a AOC swl btw which from what ive managed to find about it there shouldn Monitor goes black out of ideas t be any compatability issues nbsp

A:Monitor goes black out of ideas

Did you ever figure this issue out? I'm having the exact same symptoms with my beautiful Dell 27" LED screen, but unfortunately, I'm starting to believe it's the monitor, which is just over the one year warranty. The sad part is, I was having this problem for over six months now, and had switched to the VGA cable to avoid the issue when it first started happening, but finally tried to troubleshoot it now, and I'm discovering that it may be a hardware issue and if I would have done something when it started, it was still under warranty.

Anyway, the only thing I haven't ruled out yet is the DVI cable, as that is still a possibility, however it seems unlikely that a DVI cable would go bad by itself after a few months of use. And looking at the cable, I see no signs of damage or broken/bent pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-out-of-ideas.202016/
Relevancy 17.2%

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

A:Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 19.78%

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1GC2421

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-acer-29-monitor-and-other-monitors.201698/
Relevancy 20.21%

After dismantling this pc ,
I'm left with the Monitor & decided to see if it would work on my Vista Vaio laptop & it does.
BUT, I don't need the same thing on both screens (laptop too) & I ignorantly ignored the instrctions on how to make it external monitor only. The external monitor is a Compaq Q1859. I will bookmark this thread & will also need to know how to reverse it if need be down the road, thank you.

A:Compaq Desktop monitor on a laptop

After messing with the settings in the Control Panel>Display setting, I gave up & put the monitor back in the closet where it'll sit until someone in here helps or I find out how to do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-desktop-monitor-on-a-laptop.201233/
Relevancy 19.78%

So here is the deal I 27-inch monitor 2560x1440 (limited options) am in search of 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) a -inch monitor with a x resolution so I can use it with my early -inch retina MacBook Pro and also with other laptops such as my girlfriend s Asus VivoBook and any other 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) laptop that I decide to buy I have alrady discarded a x model as I learned that my retina MacBook Pro will not support such a high resolution on an external screen I do not use it for heavy photo or video editing or anything It is basically web browsing and productivity office applications First an explanation The fact is that I live in Brazil and offers of p monitors here are very limited I cannot just order a monitor from the US or from other country such as Korea because the huge taxes charged by the government will make it just not worth it I have made the calculations Even a very cheap US monitor will end up costing about US when it arrives in my home due to the magic of Brazilian taxes And a US monitor may end up costing almost US And that is only after the Brazilian customs office decides to release the product which may take a few months Perhaps you have heard of some guy who sends products to Brazil at no additional cost and that really exists It is calling smuggling and people may get caught doing that and I am not ordering a monitor through a smuggler to save a few bucks No workarounds here So the option of not buying in Brazil is pretty much non-existant so that is why I am stuck with the limited choices and therefore I am asking for your help here So the choices are pretty much limited The Apple Thunderbolt Display costs about US here and I will not buy it apart from the price also because it will not work with laptops which do not support Thunderbolt The following monitors are available here for a reasonable or at least payable price and not all of them are readily available Philips P QPJKEB US Dell UltraSharp U HM US weeks to be delivered Samsung SyncMaster S A US LG EA R US sold out for now Basically these are the only options I have The Dell is the cheapest one to buy in the credit card but it will take something like a month to arrive or maybe even more The LG model one is sold out for now but it comes and goes all the time so I might end up finding one The Samsung and the Philips models are ready for shipment and will be delivered in about a week or so As I understand the LG and the Dell models use the same IPS panel as the Apple Thunderbolt Display The panel is made by LG and is has a nit brightness The Samsung and the Philips on the other hand both share the same PLS panel made by Samsung and they sport a nit brightness PLS is supposed to be Samsung s answer to IPS I would like to know which of these monitors is better and would be more recommended First which panel is the best Second which monitor is the best and most polished Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/27-inch-2560x1440-monitor-limited-options.201230/
Relevancy 20.21%

I should AOC I Which buy? Asus VS247H-P monitor or IPS i2367Fh? m looking to replace my ancient Dell E FP monitor After some research I ve settled on these two choices due to my budget http www amazon com Asus-VS H-P- - -Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit dp B BZNDS ref cm cr pr product top vs http www amazon com AOC-i Fh- -Inch-Screen-Monitor dp B V F ref cm cr pr product top I m having a hard time deciding between these two from what I ve gathered so far these are the pros and cons of the two monitors I Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh? m not too tech-savvy so I could be wrong ASUS pros - slightly bigger inch - has a lot more reviews and slightly higher rating on amazon and suggested by many on the internet as a good low-budget monitor neutral - has an overall better look than AOC - ms response time not a big deal to me - I ve heard of good and bad things about the costumer service - mixed reviews about color quality cons - many complaints about defective pixels and apparently Asus does not cover them - many complaints about flimsy wobbly stand - some complaints about the monitor Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh? having various types of screen Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh? defects after some time - not an IPS panel - no integrated speakers AOC pros - IPS panel better image - slightly cheaper at the moment neutral - ms response time not a big deal to me - I know it isn t bezel-less I m not looking for a dual monitor setup so it doesn t matter to me however the black border does look a bit awkward - some people complain about the buttons being in an awkward place but that doesn t seem like a problem - the integrated speakers aren t that good - no VESA mount but it doesn t matter because I don t want one cons - there are some complaints about the stand being wobbly or uneven but not as much as ASUS - some complaints about half of the screen turning pink purple a bit worrisome since there are a number of people who had this problem - I have never heard of the AOC brand until my friend brought it up therefore I don t know the quality of their products or their costumer service As for me I m not a hardcore gamer but I do play a lot of games I don t know the color quality comparison of these two but I feel like the image quality is more important than the response time The many complaints about the Asus monitor gives me a lot of doubts whether to buy it or not despite its popularity but it seems like there have been no recent complaints perhaps because Asus got their together now But on the other hand I have not heard much about the AOC monitor so I m also unsure Any help would be very much appreciated an alternative would be fine too if it s in the price range nbsp

A:Which monitor should I buy? Asus VS247H-P or AOC IPS i2367Fh?

You outlined the pros and cons well . This is my opinion: go with the AOC since it has an IPS display (better colors), small bezels (allows for a better multi-monitor experience), is IPS + LED (the ASUS is only LED) and it has 2 HDMI inputs (vs 1 on the ASUS). The average reviews may be higher for the ASUS but the AOC seems like a more attractive option overall. This is just my opinion .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-monitor-should-i-buy-asus-vs247h-p-or-aoc-ips-i2367fh.200881/
Relevancy 20.21%

I recently built a new system but kept look but new Same video very card, different monitor, the same monitor I m using an Acer quot LED widescreen monitor forgot the exact model number - let me know if it matters and I ll find it The old video card was a GeForce GS The new card is a Geforce GT The view angle did not change The monitor settings did not change I m using the same version of Windows XP Pro SP with the same display settings and monitor drivers The NVIDIA control panel is the same version and I set it Same monitor, new video card, but very different look to match the old one most settings were default just a contrast brightness tweak Same monitor, new video card, but very different look or two But with the new system card the greys in Windows all bleed together the display looks washed out and when I adjust gamma and brightness contrast to fix these problems there is too much contrast in darker colored areas and the hue seems off I do a lot of graphics and video work and have projects in progress it s very important that I m not second guessing my work due to a display that doesn t match the one I used to use Any ideas why this is Any suggestions on how to fix it I d prefer to find a fix that doesn t involve lots of settings tweaking as I ve already tried this and failed and because I don t want to second guess my settings for the life of this system nbsp

A:Same monitor, new video card, but very different look

It's possible that a BIOS setting was changed when you upgraded, so make sure you're still set to PEG or PCIe graphics, and set the bus speed to the right generation (PCIe 2.0 in your case), disable multi-monitor, etc. Anyway that's a long shot, the real problem may be that you got a bad video card. If possible, try it in another system and see if the problem persists.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-monitor-new-video-card-but-very-different-look.200583/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an LG Monitor that has blown a capacitor in the ac adapter, I want to order a new one, I can only find replacment models and all the amps are different. after reading alot of forums it seems less amps is bad and more is ok.. so this is my question.. my ac adapter has these ratings....

INPUT - 100-240V- 50/60 Hz 0.7 A (0.7 A)
OUTPUT - 12 V --- 2.0 A (2.0 A)

and the one im looking at on ebay is

INPUT - 100-240V- 50/60 Hz 1.0 A
OUTPUT - 12 V --- 2.5 A

The seller claims it will work fine.. Is this true... Thank you

A:Replacing an AC adapter for a monitor

I believe it will work fine, yes. But please get another opinion before purchasing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-an-ac-adapter-for-a-monitor.200353/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,
Sorry if started this in the wrong category but I am needing to setup 3 monitors to my desktop for work purposes. My motherboard is a gigabyte h55m-s2h it has a vga port dvi port and hdmi port. I have a monitor plugged into each port but the monitor that is plugged into the dvi port is not seen and the monitor it self displays "no signal" when powered on. In windows screen resolution it shows my monitors that are connected to my hdmi port and my vga port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

A:Triple monitor on Gigabyte H55M-S2H not working

The problem is that the Graphics card on the chip does not support 3 Monitor outputs which is why you cannot do that. You will need an add on GPU to do so on this machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/triple-monitor-on-gigabyte-h55m-s2h-not-working.200253/
Relevancy 20.64%

A friend gave me an XP computer for myself but I when I turn it on, the monitor says "Monitor going to sleep".

The image is the buttons on the side of the monitor. Its Model # Q1859 . I managed to get it to the desktop, but then the screen goes blank before I can get the CD slot open to reformat/reinstall the OS.
I'm still trying & will update this thread if needed.

A:HP Compaq Monitor

Well, I got the CD in & restarted it,pressed enter to boot from CD & just waiting as it makes funny sounds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-compaq-monitor.199633/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with monitor which is a samsung syncmaster 2333. When ever I play a game on my pc with my xbox controller it goes to sleep after a while, when using mouse it never does. The power settings are all set to never sleep or turn off monitor. When it does go to sleep I move my mouse and I'm back in business. Any Ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep.199473/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey guys, I've been looking for a GFX card to upgrade my HD6870. I've already decided to go with an AMD R9 280X, I just don't know which model to buy yet.

Right now, the MSI 280X seems like the best option to me. But I use 2 monitors and the MSI 280X only has these connections:
Dual-link DVI-I x 1
HDMI (version 1.4a) x 1
Mini DisplayPort x 2

The monitors I use are a BenQ XL2411T (144hz) and a NEC LCD22WV (old).
The BenQ has: D-sub / DVI-DL / HDMI x 1
The NEC has: VGA 15 pin D-sub x 1

Would I be able to use my NEC screen with the MSI 280X and use my BenQ at the same time, with 144hz refresh rate? I read somewhere that a newer type of HDMI supports at least 120hz, though I couldn't find a clear answer to that. I am willing to purchase converters if needed.

A:Simple question regarding GPU - Monitor connections

I'd connect BENQ via DVI, then use miniDP > DVI > VGA adaptors for the NEC.

Also I don't know what games you are playing, but you're not going to get 144fps @ 1920x1080 with a R9 280x on most games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simple-question-regarding-gpu-monitor-connections.199311/
Relevancy 20.21%

I installed a new graphics card to my PC and it's using a DVI-I to VGA adapter and it's connected with a VGA (Yes, it IS a DVI-I) When I connect it using that the computer turns on, the monitor turns on, and there is nothing displayed on the monitor. The GPU (gigabyte gtx 770 4gb) is in correctly, I've checked many times. I tried using the mobo graphics and when I do, the monitor stays off and I hear one long beep and 2 short beeps. Whenever my PC turns on the light that shows it's 'loading' goes off after a few seconds and a quick tap of the power switch will shut it off completely. I'm so confused as to what to do and afraid I screwed everything up. I think it's a PSU problem but can't be sure. It's more than enough watts as well.

A:Monitor not turning on with new graphics card

Have you check your memory. To make sure it is still seated. Sometimes it can get jarred loose. When installing other computer parts .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-turning-on-with-new-graphics-card.198928/
Relevancy 20.21%

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

A:Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-here-game-on-a-30-2560x1600-monitor.198467/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello all I m having some problems with graphics cards getting spotty or no detection from my monitor I have a computer that was pre built by target I ve had it for several years now A few months back the graphics card started having issues The monitor would go black occasionally and towards the end it would suddenly act like it wasn t getting a signal at all I unplugged the gpu and ran the monitor of the built in chipset and had no issues I just bought a card seems difficulty to Monitor detecting have graphics new gpu and to my immense annoyance it is immediately having trouble The computer would boot up fine but a few minutes in the screen would flash on and off and finally just stop getting a signal I suppose at this point it could be Monitor seems to have difficulty detecting graphics card the motherboard but I don t know I m not very experienced with computers and I was hoping someone could give me some advise on how I might fix this I don t have a lot of money so I don t want to replace anything I don t have too and I really hope getting a new gpu wasn t a big mistake I just wanted to be able to play games with my friends again I appreciate any help you can provide nbsp

A:Monitor seems to have difficulty detecting graphics card

To me it sounds like the power supply is having trouble with the new video card. could you post the specs of the power supply and the rest of the computer that would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-seems-to-have-difficulty-detecting-graphics-card.198068/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi, I currently have a Samsung P2450 and I love it (24"/1080p), is there a 1440p upgrade that won't break the bank?

A:Looking for a 1440p monitor upgrade

1440p is pretty hard not to break the bank still but I can offer a few suggestions:

27" QNIX 2560x1440p $349 (This contains a Samsung Panel inside 8ms response time)

27" Crossover 2560x1440p $329 (Has a better response time to the one above 6ms response time)

27" Yamakasi Catleap 2560x1440p $379 (6ms Response, this brand has some of the best reviews)

Name brands like Samsung and Acer cost a lot more, these get good reviews and are just fine for use. They all have decent reviews, yet the Yamakasi's from the newegg site always seems to have the most 5 star reviews and get good feedback. No matter what, your going to be limited in your choices in this area if you can pay a fortune lol. They are still in the Luxury price point range in my book until they hit below 300.

Hope this gives you an idea!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-1440p-monitor-upgrade.198041/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello! I'm having no luck with previous threads regarding this same question.

For starters, I just bought two new items for my computer so it's not entirely new, but quite the upgrade

Previous Specs:
PSU: 500w
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965
GPU: nVidia GeForce 660
MOBO: Biostar A880GZ
RAM: 8GB

New Specs
PSU: 500w
CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K
GPU: nVidia GeForce 660
MOBO: BIOSTAR TPOWER X79
RAM: 8GB

I boot it up and hear no beeping sounds all fans are running well. I believe I have everything in place. I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance!
-Adrian

Bumping with my PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Maybe there are some extra plugs I need in the PSU that my current one isn't offering?

A:PC turns on; Monitor won't Display

Recheck all your connections. Plus make sure your video card and memory are seated. The PSU should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-on-monitor-wont-display.197972/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys, I am buying a new monitor and donīt have a lot of expirience with that stuff, I will use it for gaming(BF3, MW3, BO2,BFBC2, WoT, War Thunder...) and surfing the internet, watching Youtube videos at 720p...
This is what I have in mind:
http://www.samsungstore.hr/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=3332
Price in dollars:180$-190$
If there is somethig better let me know.
Thanks!

A:New monitor

That's a TN panel with a not very impressive 5ms GTG time, I suspect it's expensive because of the brand. You can get 23in 1080p IPS monitors for around that price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-monitor.197466/
Relevancy 20.64%

My current led monitors LG quot Acer quot both at x resolution so I am currently looking LED Monitor IPS for a quot max size Full HD LED Monitor I found the following appealing a quot toshiba full hd led tv I forgot the model not available online but available at a local store about -hour drive about P with additional discount if bought cash before november b quot hp model HP quot FI IPS LED pc express philippine local store listed available at P u s philippine peso available in cebu city about an overnight sea trip plus -hour drive to port of origin IPS LED Monitor c quot ips led monitor not available HP quot FI IPS LED Features Amazing angles with IPS In-plane Switching IPS the color-rich technology you know IPS LED Monitor and love in tablets mobile devices and televisions is now available in a micro-thin -inch diagonal Full HD display designed for the home Share videos photos games and more with striking horizontal and vertical viewing angles so you can accurately view images and colors from almost any direction Less distortion Less blurring Happy spectators The difference is in the screen IPS technology delivers higher color fidelity than conventional TN Twisted Nematic panels That means image and color consistency from almost any angle Stay connected to current and evolving devices with easy access to built-in VGA digital DVI and HDMI inputs Enjoy a crisp detailed view with Full HD X resolution dynamic contrast ratio makes a difference Give your photos videos and online games more depth and see the difference with deeper blacks and whiter whites that create a more vivid and visible color spectrum The smooth surface panel reflects light downward and reduces screen glare with no loss of contrast Reflected light does not reach your eyes from the entire display surface therefore the picture from the display is clear and not washed out P --- games I play diablo lod diablo sc wol sc hots left dead left dead metro dota other programs I use avidemux handbrake format factory current video cards nvidia gt gb ddr nvidia g mb ddr built-in hd built-in hd still looking for nvidia gtx largely unavailable in the philippines budget php- php I have no budget for the listed and available gtx priced at php EVGA GTX GB GDDR BIT G-P - -KR http pcx com ph components graphics-card evga evga-gtx - gb-gddr - bit- g-p - -kr html --- which product would benefit me most quot hp ips led monitor quot toshiba hd led tv or should I look further for a quot ips led monitor nbsp

A:IPS LED Monitor

You dont really play demanding games, so try to get a GTX 760, or even better, a R9-280 or 280X, or even a 7970. The AMD cards are better value for the price. But unfortunately, SC2 doesnt like AMD cards as much. I would still take them over nVidia though and use that saved money toward a 23 inch IPS. Dont bother with TVs since they have a very high response time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ips-led-monitor.197393/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!

I have a 27 inch LED monitor which I bought for less then a year ago, I have always been playing at 1920x1080 on it with my laptop , it is the highest available option,

I have lately been wondering if there is any way to check if it can support 2,560x1,440?

I don't have the packaging or name of the model left so I have been unable to check this that way,

I assume since the 2,560x1,440 isn't available in the graphic options that means it max supports 1920x1080?

I can imagine a 2,560x1,440 monitor is quite expensive? any models you can recommend for a fair price?

Thanks!

Obzoleet

A:27 inch monitor that supports 2,560x1,440?

Obzoleet said:

Hello!

I have a 27 inch LED monitor which I bought for less then a year ago, I have always been playing at 1920x1080 on it with my laptop , it is the highest available option,

I have lately been wondering if there is any way to check if it can support 2,560x1,440?

I don't have the packaging or name of the model left so I have been unable to check this that way,

I assume since the 2,560x1,440 isn't available in the graphic options that means it max supports 1920x1080?

I can imagine a 2,560x1,440 monitor is quite expensive? any models you can recommend for a fair price?

Thanks!

ObzoleetClick to expand...

Yes, the monitor will not support 2560x1440p if its highest output is shows to be 1080p, you have to specifically buy a monitor like this one that supports 2560 resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/27-inch-monitor-that-supports-2-560x1-440.197351/
Relevancy 20.21%

Its currently set at 1280 x 800 pixels. Its 14 inch diagonal. Is that correct? TIA

A:Settings for my Vista laptop Monitor

In the control panel under display. Dose it say it say 1280 x 800 is it's native display. ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/settings-for-my-vista-laptop-monitor.197414/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 20.64%

So 1 year ago I bought a monitor 19 inch and it is 1366x768 meanwhile in the past year I noticed that litterly the lack of 1920x1080 and the lack of hdmi makes me cry so I was wondering is this monitor any good I dont wish to exceed the 200 euro budget margin and this one was the best one I could find

http://www.scanmalta.com/eshop/23-acer-g236hlbbid-wide-hd-ready-slim-led-monitor.html

is it any good for gaming latency wise ect?

A:Need Monitor Help

Looks okay to me. Any computer monitors are good for 'gaming latency' usually, unless you want to spend a fair chunk of change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-monitor-help.196968/
Relevancy 20.64%

How can I or can I make this work. I have a dual screen setup on this computer and need a third for a projector. I have an XFX 7870 video card with an ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 motherboard with a Xeon E3-1245 V3 CPU. It has HDMI out and in. Is it possible to hook up the third monitor(PJ) or not? Thanks.

A:3rd monitor

Just connect everything to your graphics card. Use adaptors if you need to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3rd-monitor.196105/
Relevancy 20.21%

I was wondering what type of converter would I need to hookup a gamecube to a computer monitor? (Monitor uses VGA)
I was doing some research and it is conflicting, some stated there was one wire that could convert it and others said you need a "box" to convert the analog?

Any help is appreciated

A:Gamecube to computer monitor

Check out this forum post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gamecube-to-computer-monitor.196175/
Relevancy 19.78%

Greetings I have a problem with my LED monitor and I m not sure where should this be posted either as hardware or software so I put it here The thing goes as follow I bought a samsung syncmaster SA LED monitor for my pc about a year and a half ago and so is now out of guarantee I havent had problems with it previously but recently vertical SA300 LED Flashing monitor samsung lines on flashing white stripes have started appearing on the display particularly when the monitor is showing black or dark colors and when I Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 just turned it on Also it s been getting Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 worse as time passes first it would only happen on first few seconds after turning it on but now it happens whenever dark colors are abundant on the screen wich makes me think this could be my monitor telling me it s about to die I would really apreciate if you could help me sort this out and if this is in fact a hardware issue if repairing is viable possible and it won t cost me more than half of the monitor original cost or if I should start saving for a new one crap I do recall having read on some tech magazine that LED monitors are more quot repairable quot than CRT and LCD ones so I can only hope it s not something bad Thank you very much in advance for whatever time and help you can provide me for my problem nbsp

A:Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300

Did you get this solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-vertical-lines-on-samsung-led-monitor-sa300.194974/
Relevancy 20.21%

I changed my power supply (old one's dead), and now, when I turn my pc on, it won't send video to the monitor.

Its a gtx280, the green light is turning on (so electricity doesn't appear to be the issue), and the gpu fan doesn't turn on.

I cannot access the bios or anything else software related because the motherboard doesn't have integrated video.

A:GTX280 won't send video to monitor

Hi Enrique,

Minimum System Power Requirement on a GTX 280 video card is 550 W. Check the new power supply's specifications to confirm. Also, is the new video card compatible with your system?

Click on the link below for specifications and details on the GTX 280.
http://dell.to/1fibdAQ

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit ourSupport Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx280-wont-send-video-to-monitor.195672/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I ve been hunting around trying to find a bigger badder and sexier monitor to hook up to my gaming laptop to game on In the past I ve had a inch hooked up to it and I loved the experience So to new :) a use on for monitor gaming Debating laptop my now I m trying to find one I can hook up to it along with using a mechanical keyboard for when I m not mobile and in my usual spot in Debating on a new monitor to use for my gaming laptop :) my house So Debating on a new monitor to use for my gaming laptop :) with that Debating on a new monitor to use for my gaming laptop :) said I have come down to the following two models and I m not sure if there is a big difference other than the sizes I will say I am mainly a RTS and MMO player I do occasionally play one rd person shooter cough cough don t laugh Battlefield Heroes ha but nothing outside of that Also I plan on playing somewhat close to the screen so a good looking monitor but its not crucial So here are the models BenQ RL HM http www amazon com gp product B HSKSMI ref ox sc act title ie UTF amp psc amp smid ATVPDKIKX DER BenQ GW HM http www amazon com BenQ-GW HM amp qid amp sr - amp keywords benq monitor So what do you think nbsp

A:Debating on a new monitor to use for my gaming laptop :)

I would recommend using S231H (2012) was DCM 120,000 and now the S231H (2013) is DCM 100,000. 250cm Brightness on both models. I use two of these in dual systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/debating-on-a-new-monitor-to-use-for-my-gaming-laptop.195970/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have an LED monitor and when I leave it powered off for an extended period of time (a few hours) and turn it back on the image 'pulses' and will sometimes force the monitor into sleep mode. If I unplug the power and plug it back in, the monitor works fine for as long as I have it on (even if it's on for hours). The same thing happens again when I power it down for a few hours or overnight.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-pulsing-with-a-but.195656/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok. Here at work I have dual monitors set up and I never had any problems but started up a couple weeks ago. I checked the Drivers and they are working properly. I've tested the connections from the monitor to the computer and all fine. But my screen with randomly black out then turn back on. Sometimes it just flickers a couple seconds back and forth. I've researched this topic and I just can't seem to find a solution. I've thought that maybe there's something up with a BIOS setting, but I don't think that'd be a problem, except maybe if I had a 3rd monitor. But its really annoying, not really disturbing anything. Just very annoying. Any advice or ideas?

A:Monitor goes dark then comes back on

Just use process of elimination.

Look through event logs to see if graphics drivers crashed. Use one monitor. Try another monitor. Try another cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-dark-then-comes-back-on.194896/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 20.64%

Yesterday morning I tried to clean my desktop computer inside case all I did was open the case and clean off all the fans and plugged them back in I also disconnected my computer monitor and cleaned won't work Monitor that Once I was done I plugged everything back in and turned my computer on it started up but my monitor said dvi was inactive instead of active so then it said it was going to sleep I tried just turning the monitor on and off but it just Monitor won't work goes back to Monitor won't work sleep lazy and I ve also tried to use a different monitor and video cable but it seems that did not work either same thing happened and I am Monitor won't work unable to do anything Maybe I knocked something loose or dust got in the receiving end of the video cable haven t cleaned this computer in over years I don t know just thought I would ask here before I went to get it serviced somewhere My system information can be viewed here under the information tab Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor won't work

Disconnect everything wired to the system. Also the power cord. Open the case use some dryer sheets and rub them into your palms of your hands. Now go inside and make sure everything is seated into the the slots. You might have to pop them up and then click them back into the slots.
Make sure everything is connected inside.First!
Once everything is AOK!
Put back on the cover
connected all outside cable connections back to the PC
Check to see if any pins are bent also.
Connect the PC back to AC power
Turn it on

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-work.195333/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently acquired 3 older Dell 17" VGA monitors. Which got me thinking: Is it possible to create a 3-monitor Eyefinity setup with these? From what I've read, as long as the AMD video card has 2 x DVI-I ports and a DisplayPort, it should be possible. I could use DVI-to-VGA adapters and DisplayPort-to-VGA adapter, like this one:

http://www.accellcables.com/B101B-003B.html

The video card I've been looking at is the XFX Radeon HD 6770::

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150661

It seems like the sticking point is finding a good video card with DVI-I as opposed to DVI-D. If anyone has any recommendations or advice, please let me know.

Thanks!

A:3 VGA monitor Eyefinity?

If your trying to run just a high resolution setup, your options are going to be limited with VGA conection as that type is limited in the resolutions supported. Now you could setup a Eyefinity display doing that because it says here that the 6770 Link will support up to 5 eyefinity displays.

Your resolution will be limited to ANALOG: 2048 x 1536, but yes that should work using the adapters is no problem, you just may not get the picture quality your hoping for, but it should work.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-vga-monitor-eyefinity.192764/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an Emachines HDmonitor model number LE1987 that came with the computer. I start up my computer and the monitor comes on and shows the boot screen, but only for a few seconds before going black. I turn the monitor off and back on, the screen shows my computer(at login screen now) but goes black after a few seconds again. I repeat the process but no luck the monitor wont stay on. The monitor is a little old (4 years)
I've tried hooking it up to 2 other computers thinking its my computer, but the same thing happens every time on all computers. By the way im using vga.

Any solutions? Bad monitor? Anything would help. If I have to get new monitor then thats fine.

A:Monitor wont stay on after startup

Are you able to swap out your monitors Vga chord for another chord. To see if this maybe the problem. If you have already tried it it on two other computers with the same results. It may very well be on its way out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-stay-on-after-startup.194554/
Relevancy 20.21%

If you see this in the image below you know time to send the monitor back to the maker for repair or replacement if it's still under warranty? If not the then it needs to be replaced. Image re-sized to fit here.

A:Yellow Line In the Monitor

It looks like the monitor is damaged, though to make sure, I would try your PC with a different monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yellow-line-in-the-monitor.194373/
Relevancy 20.21%

My son was using my computer temporarily for work. He was uninstalling Abobe Illustrator and needed to restart to complete the uninstall. When the computer restarted, the monitor ceased to get a signal from the computer. Have tried unplugging the monitor for a bit, tried restarting in safe mode - nothing has worked. Has the monitor somehow been fried from just a restart?

A:Monitor stopped working after uninstall

Really I don't think it fried from a restart. It just may have went bad. Have you tried another monitor to make sure. It could also be your on board Graphics or graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stopped-working-after-uninstall.194220/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all!,
I have four RAM slots. 1GPx2 slot (1st slot and 2nd slot) is already come with the computer. I recently bought a new RAM 4GPx1 card to upgrade my computer. I installed it onto my 3rd RAM slot correctly without removing old RAMs. Now, my monitor won't display anything at all, not even the BIOS screen. I removed the new RAM card and try my old one in and it still won't display anything. I also changed into different RAM slots but the result the same

I did my research and the two RAM cards that I have are exactly the same beside the differnet manufacture company.
I also clean my RAM slots and also check/clean the video card. It still not displaying anything! please give me some advice..

A:After i put new RAM, my monitor won't on

Hi all!,
I have four RAM slots. 1GPx2 slot (1st slot and 2nd slot) is already come with the computer. I recently bought a new RAM 4GPx1 card to upgrade my computer. I installed it onto my 3rd RAM slot correctly without removing old RAMs. Now, my monitor won't display anything at all, not even the BIOS screen. I removed the new RAM card and try my old one in and it still won't display anything. I also changed into different RAM slots but the result the same

I did my research and the two RAM cards that I have are exactly the same beside the differnet manufacture company.
I also clean my RAM slots and also check/clean the video card. It still not displaying anything! please give me some advice..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-i-put-new-ram-my-monitor-wont-on.193920/
Relevancy 20.21%

I can play all my games fine with no issues except Word of Warplanes and APB Reloaded When I do try to play those games I get all the way to the lobby then the monitor goes black and says no signal PC Specs OS Win Ultimate bit Motherboard ASUS M A R Processor AMD Zambezi GHz Quad core RAM Patriot Intel Extreme Masters GB x GB DDR Graphics Card XFX Radeon R PSU Ultra X W modular Monitor HP m I have updated everything I could find cleaned everything I could hardware virus malware spyware etc As far as I know these are the only games it fails with and im pretty sure its not the PSU because I hooked a W I had to just the video card and it still happens I out signal Blacks Monitor Saying No have attached my Dxdiag I have ran memtest with no errors just did a clean install of win PLEASE HELP it seems as if I am out of options nbsp

A:Monitor Blacks out Saying No signal

I have recently did a stress test on my GPU using FurMark no issues. GPU didn't get over 73c and no black outs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-blacks-out-saying-no-signal.193189/
Relevancy 20.21%

I m going to include as much information as possible because I really don t know what s wrong here So a few days ago I updated a program which resulted in it crashing on startup I searched for a solution and some people said to try reverting my video drivers and or using quot AMD Cleanup Utility quot to uninstall my current drivers and then reinstall a different version I used the program to uninstall the Beta drivers and other AMD utilities and restarted the computer once it was finished to complete the process However once I tried turning the computer back on the monitor said that there was no signal This was fixed by taking out the video card and plugging the monitor into the Monitor to Video from No Signal Card VGA slot on my motherboard to use the integrated video as for some reason it wouldn t work if my video card was still inserted in the motherboard I tried restoring Windows to an earlier date but this made it so that neither the video card nor the integrated video could successfully send a signal to my monitor After a few more restores I tried plugging in a different HDD with a working copy of Windows on it as well and No Signal to Monitor from Video Card this let me successfully boot up with the integrated video Switching back to my original HDD I could now also successfully boot with the integrated video even with the video card inserted I m not sure why this helped but it did I had been using a VGA to DVI converter to be able to plug the monitor into my No Signal to Monitor from Video Card video card since the monitor came with a VGA cable so I assumed that maybe using an HDMI cable would fix the problem It made no difference The doesn t show up in the Device Manager either It s not connected to the monitor but it is plugged into the motherboard so I don t know if this should be the case I also tried dusting out my computer and pulling out the CMOS battery for minutes but neither helped Related Specs XFX Radeon GB ASUS VS Windows Home Premium BIOSTAR TZ A nbsp

A:No Signal to Monitor from Video Card

Plug the GPU into the PCIe slot, boot up your machine using the VGA graphics, then install the latest 13.4 stable driver. If that doesnt help, try another PCIe slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-to-monitor-from-video-card.193096/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all for a while now I been plugging external monitor into my laptop as I do karaoke some times always been fine but now all of a sudden when I plug it in the screen on monitor goes red & blue . tried 4 different monitors and all do the same so was thinking is it a simple driver issue or has something come loose inside on the vga port.. went to a shop and they wanted Ģ90 no wayyyy . all help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .. thanks

A:External monitor red & blue when plugged into laptop

Are you using the same cable when you tested w/ 4 monitors? Something similar happened to me a while back and it was due to a bent pin. I was able to straighten it and fixed the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-monitor-red-blue-when-plugged-into-laptop.193057/