Windows Support Forum

receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

Q: receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 95.89%

I am able to send email through Outlook.When I click Test Account Settings ,all going ok. There is a test mail in my Gmail account.

Unfortunately I am not able to receive mail in my inbox of Outlook. When I click Send/Receive then the message come ?You don?t have appropriate permission to Perform this operation?.

Manish

A:RECEIVING EMAIL IN OUTLOOK THU GMAIL ACCOUNT

Try runing Outlook as an administrator. Which is odd. Are you logged in as an administrator or in a standard (limited) account?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/receiving-email-in-outlook-thu-gmail-account-606450.html
Relevancy 95.89%

i use microsoft outlook for my email accounts i have two email accounts to simplify things we will name them and account gets forwarded to recently i started getting advertisements at account weight loss etc i checked account which is a gmail account and none of these emails are forwarded to there not even in the hacked, and account receiving email spam spam folder i therefore thought maybe my account on my computer was hacked and somewhere on the computer they are sending these spams i therefore deleted the account searched all leftovers from that account and deleted them and then started the same account in outlook from scratch and again all the above didn't help i email account hacked, and receiving spam still receive the above spam none of my friends reported receiving from my account spam let me point put even though i have many email accounts in outlook the above is the only one i receive spam but it was my default email account i am not sure if the computer was compromised or the account the question being is there a way to get rid of these advertisements and do i have to worry that something else on my computer got compromised thanks in advanced

A:email account hacked, and receiving spam

I honestly dont think its anything to get totally over excited about. I use outlook as my main email program on my computer also and my ISP is suppose to have a pretty good control over not letting spam and junk through to my inbox. But; even with that sometimes thing still slip past their filter somehow even as strong as it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/330118-email-account-hacked-receiving-spam.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I hope I am posting in the correct forum I wasn't sure if I should post in the am I infected forum or here Anyway I received an email from a trusted contact with a WhatsApp link in it saying You have new messages I clicked it accidentally not that it matters and thought it was just a dodgy email trying to sell fat-busting remedies Then immediately my email was hijacked and started sending similar WhatsApp emails out to addresses I knew as well as other random ones I changed my email password and this seems to have cured that problem of emails being sent out However I'm not sure if anything else has been put on my computer so I'm hoping someone in a link received WhatsApp Email hijacked email by fake can help me check that it's all ok and if not help me get rid of anything bad my laptop has caught Also whether you can advise if my other passwords are likely to have been compromised Email hijacked by fake WhatsApp link in a received email as I do use a password manager note most of my passwords are different to the email password I had when this happened I also restored to a previous restore point in the hope that would also help fix anything I'm running Windows -bit Windows firewall is on and has been the whole time I scanned my computer using NOD Antivirus and nil threats were located Then I Email hijacked by fake WhatsApp link in a received email ran the system restore function to roll back to a point from yesterday I then came here and followed the instructions and the FRST logs are as follows Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by L administrator on NUDIBRANCH on - - Running from C Users L Desktop Loaded Profiles L Available profiles L Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Maxthon Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Lenovo C Windows System ibmpmsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Lenovo Corporation C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility AVControlCenter exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Lenovo Corporation C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility avfaudiosw exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo SettingsDependency SettingsService exe LENOVO INCORPORATED C Program Files Lenovo iMController SystemAgentService exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe Maxthon C Program Files x Maxthon Modules Service Update MaxthonUpdateSvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZeroConfigService exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY micmute exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY tphkload exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files x Lenovo QuickControl QuickControlService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Motorola Solutions Inc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe Motorola Solutions Inc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Lenovo C Program Files Lenovo Lenovo Peer Connect LenovoDiscoverySvc exe C Program Files x Lenovo LocationAware loctaskmgr exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo VIRTSCRL virtscrl exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files x Lenovo QuickControl QuickControl exe C Program Files x Lenovo LocationA... Read more

A:Email hijacked by fake WhatsApp link in a received email

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CloseProcesses:

(Pokki) C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe
(Pokki) C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe
(Pokki) C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe
(Pokki) C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\StartMenuIndexer.exe
HKU\S-1-5-21-3111617019-1482112788-3391721557-1001\...\Run: [Pokki] => "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON
HKU\S-1-5-21-3111617019-1482112788-3391721557-1001\...\RunOnce: [Application Restart #1] => C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe [7846216 2015-02-01] (Pokki)
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [lpdfbkehegfmedglgemnhbnpmfmioggj] - No Path
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Pokki
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\1_flashplayer.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\dropbox_sqlite_ext.{5f3e3153-5bce-5766-8f84-3e3e7ecf0d81}.tmp63qnje.dll
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\InstHelper.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\oct4247.tmp.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\oct5D8A.tmp.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\octAF2F.tmp.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\octB213.tmp.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\octBE95.tmp.exe
C:\Users\L\AppData\Local\Temp\ose00000.exe

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRSTRun FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567027/email-hijacked-by-fake-whatsapp-link-in-a-received-email/
Relevancy 87.29%

Dear Experts,

My old PC was running with windows xp and I was using my office pop3 server emails through out look express.
Now, I have arranged new PC with of widows seven.I am finding out look express not none.After discuss with many peoples I know out look express not packed with windows seven then I import all of my old email in windows live.
Now, I am using my office pop3 server emails on window live.
Problem is that, I want to lock my emails account same as I was using in outlook express.Kindly help how to set password on my account.

A:How to set password on my office email account.

Welcome and enjoy the forum

It seems that you must sign up for a live ID

https://accountservices.passport.net...=EN-US&lc=1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/88585-how-set-password-my-office-email-account.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a new ASUS notebook and it uses Windows 8. On my home pc I have Windows Vista and was able to set up multiply email accounts in Window Live Mail. (my charter, my hubby charter, 2 school google accounts and yahoo)
I was able to read mail coming thru our main email acct (my charter), if an email came thru that needed to go to my hubbys account or another account I was able to drop and drag it to the other account listed on the screen.

I have most of my emails set up on my new ASUS notebook. Is there any way to drop and drag emails from one account to another? I can drag the email and hover over the new email account, but it does not drag it.

Thanks for any help. I am new to the notebook thing and windows 8.

Debby Durden

A:Move email from one email accout to another email account

If you are using Live Mail on both Windows 7 and Windows 8, use the instructions in this video - Windows 8 Tips: Moving Live Mail From Windows 7 - YouTube

This technique works WAY better than exporting and reimporting them.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/47297-move-email-one-email-accout-another-email-account.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 85.14%

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email [email protected] was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for [email protected] but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 84.28%

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

A:Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am in the process of setting up a home business and wish to set up a separate business email account with low set up costs I currently have a personal Hotmail and Gmail accounts but wish to create a secondary Gmail account for my business I do not have a registered domain name I tried numerous ways to set up a secondary gmail account without success it would initially email up account email to secondary set [moved gmail Cannot forum] accept the Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] new gmail address but Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] when it would ask to activate the account it would not allow me to login to the account to do this It would come up with a Cannot set up secondary gmail email account [moved to email forum] message advising that the account address is unknown So I would again go through the process and it would then advise that the username is already taken so I just keep on going around in circles I then went into Google Apps for business in which it would ask me to register my domain name for a fee of per year However the domain name would be registered under the two option provided Enom and Go Daddy Neither in which I am familiar with Can you please offer some assistance My first preference would be setting up a secondary gmail account and if not is google apps for business a reliable avenue in registering my business name in order to obtain a professional separate business email account and if so which provider is the better option Keeping in mind I wish to keep the costs at a minimum at this stage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/cannot-set-up-secondary-gmail-email-account-1086073.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Good afternoon everyone! I have both a Hotmail (live.com) email account, as well as, the email account(s) provided free by my ISP (Cox Communications).I would like to inquire if there are any methods/programs I could utilize so that if I receive a new email in my Hotmail account (while offline, for example)...I would be alerted via either some icon on the Taskbar and/or sound generated?Thank you for your time and any information!

A:Hotmail email account; any ways to be alerted when a new email arrives?

@ Moderators/Admins: This topic may be CLOSED for comment! It obviously was of no interest to anyone, and I managed to locate some helpful assistance in another forum!Thanks anyway!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416739/hotmail-email-account;-any-ways-to-be-alerted-when-a-new-email-arrives/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello All I recently clicked on a Google Images picture and AVG warned it had a virus I clicked out ran AVG and it said everything was clean Recently however my G Mail Reported in Email Email Virus Sent / Compromised Account account was compromised Someone from a Chinese IP address logged onto the account and then sent emails to a Chinese website to my contact list I changed my password but I wasn t sure if it was a virus or if my email was compromised in some other way Yesterday I emailed a PowerPoint presentation to a professor which he said came up as a virus Now when I try to open my own attachment a browser page filled with odd text shows up If it matters the presentation was sent Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email through my university s edu account not the G Mail I use Windows AVG is still showing Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email the computer is clean but given the set of circumstances it seems I Compromised Email Account / Reported Virus in Sent Email may be infected Thank you for your self

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364897/compromised-email-account-reported-virus-in-sent-email/
Relevancy 81.27%

Running Win 7 .  Opened spam email by mistake and email account hacked. Acct locked by server after 1600 email sent. Account has been recovered.  I ran full scan with Microsoft Essentials and Malwarbytes and both clean.  Then I did a full scan with Kapersky and it showed 1 malware  of Trojan.JS.Agent.cfl located on my external harddrive in my backup files location and possibly 2 other locations on the report.  I have pdf ofKapersky report if want to see.
I also ran AVG 2015 and it was clean.

Not sure if I should just delete the backup files from my external hard drive.
What other scans can I do to make sure everything is OK?? - I have not noticed anything unusual with computer yet but want to ease my mind.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570847/win7-email-account-hacked-by-spam-email/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have an att.net email account which is now serviced by Yahoo. Today a spam message originated from my account and was sent to everyone on my contacts list. "xmas" was in the subject line and the content was a web address which opens to a website apparently selling medications from Canada. Webroot antivirus has not detected any virus or malware on my computer. What should I do? Do I need to close the att.net email account?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/contacts-from-my-email-account-were-spammed-using-my-email-address.969897/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am using MS Office 2000 Proefessional, all current with updates, on Windows XP (also 100% current).

The problem: some type of malware, virus, etc. that removes what I send and replaces it with a completely different email. generally is has to do with male enhancement and a link is provided (never tried the link....)

Here's the kicker, most of the time the emails I send are fine, this appears to be some kind of random problem.

I have a current version of Panda AV running, Ad Aware Se (all current), and the Windows Firewall is turned on.

Also, I did have a problem getting "blacklisted" on XBL, but never PBL or SPL.

I assume I have some type of exploit malware but cannot seem to get rid of it.

Help!!

A:email received is not email sent!

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-received-is-not-email-sent.603648/
Relevancy 76.97%

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed"
I only get this when i send from my long time email address a msn.com one. I cant find where to check the pop settings on this laptop or dont even know if that would work. Can you help me understand why i cant send or reply from this one address of mine, all the others work fine. just this one email address of mine that has been mine from the beginning of internet in my life.
Thank You , Nancy

A:Email from one email account not sending

What are you using to manage email? . . Outlook Express? . . Outlook? . . Windows Mail??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/email-from-one-email-account-not-sending-903809.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a 2007 Gateway Laptop with Microsoft Vista on it. I have a personal email account with Hotmail.com

This morning when I checked my email, there was several emails indicating a delivery failure. However an email advertising viagra from a canadian drugstore was sent using my account to several people on my contact list. I checked with them and they definitely got that email.

So I think I have some kind of virus or malware that is using my email account to send spam email to people on my contact list.

Can anybody help me with rooting this out?

Thank you.

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-spam-email-was-sent-from-my-email-account.931108/
Relevancy 76.97%

Email with a link to spam is being sent to my contacts from my email account Here are the requested files except for GMER file I ran it three time and my computer froze each time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Rusty at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system Email my Spam Email Account from being sent svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Spam Email being sent from my Email Account Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe Spam Email being sent from my Email Account -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost Spam Email being sent from my Email Account exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ABIT ABIT uGuru uGuru exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe C Program Files Epson Software FAX Utility FUFAXSTM exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATICLA EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIFJA EXE E Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe E Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Documents and Settings Rusty Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig hl en home uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp rls com microsoft language amp ie inputEncoding amp oe outputEncoding amp startIndex startIndex amp startPage startPage mSearch Bar hxxp www starbarsearch com useie amp q mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class e fb- dd- f -b ac-b cae f a - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB EPSON Web-To-Page ee d f- b- - d-c b aaeba d - c program files epson epson web-to-page EPSON Web-To-Page dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google ... Read more

A:Spam Email being sent from my Email Account

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375680/spam-email-being-sent-from-my-email-account/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi everyone!

I'm completely confused. One of my clients is a company and I've shifted their email hosting from webmail to Google apps. I have also transferred their domain name from the previous hosting provider to mine. So I've changed their DNS and it works well with Google apps.

The problem however, is that they still sometimes receive emails from their webmail. The emails that they receive in their webmail are emails from their previous service providers' clients. I don't know if I've explained that well enough.

What I don't understand though, is that HOW is the other email hosting provider able to direct their emails to the webmail, when all DNS points to Google apps? I've even asked my domain registrar to clear the DNS cache in case that was the problem. Does anyone know what might be happening here? Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443227/one-email-account-two-email-logins/
Relevancy 76.97%

my email account is sending email to all of my contact with links that it contain virus and i dont know how to stop sending this email DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Admin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus Enabled Updated EAA A - EE - B - DA- C E SP Kaspersky from account email email spam my Anti-Virus Enabled Updated CBD - DB- AC-AF A- B A SP Windows spam email from my email account Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system aestsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System ChgService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwssvc exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite upeksvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Windows System SupportAppXL AutoDect exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSOEMON EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite psqltray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system WgaTray exe C Program Files Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system wuauclt exe c program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files HP Digita... Read more

A:spam email from my email account

Hi,

If help still needed post fresh dds logs, please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spam-email-from-my-email-account-607619.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Instead of sending the activation code to my sign-in email it was sent to my reserve email which no longer exists on the system I sent the new telephone number this has been changed but I am still Live bought Office but were I out bought of my and 365, computer, telephone my both logged account, into date. the email not able to open any of my Office applications Yet I will be charged the renewal from the date I put in the product key When one has a product key and then signs in to Live why does this then not activate Why when you have changed to my new telephone number have you not sent me an activation code With my reserve email dead you do not allow me to change it The only other email I use is Gmail they are much better than Windows Live I only use Windows Live to allow me to put new programmes I bought my computer, bought Office 365, logged into my Live account, but both the email and telephone were out of date. onto my computer and as usual ten days later I have no use of the programme I bought So typically Windows I have used you since the day you began what went wrong You used to function once These last years have been hell I wish I had bought an Apple computer and changed everything to Apple Each time I buy a new laptop these same issues come up Please give me access to the Windows Office I bought and put on my computer Jeffery Frederick Harold Windsor-Sezibwan-Rurikovich-Schiewe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8bfadd1-e7c9-4f99-bb63-1be5a56c8d8e/i-bought-my-computer-bought-office-365-logged-into-my-live-account-but-both-the-email-and?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 76.54%

Has anyone else here received this email?

Sent: ‎6/‎11/‎2014 12:04 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: DRAM Antitrust Litigation
Thank you for filing a Claim Form in the DRAM Antitrust Litigation. Your friends, family, and co-workers can also get up to $25, $50 or more if they bought a computer, printer, video game console or other electronic device between 1998 and 2002. Please tell them to file a claim at www.DRAMclaims.com. As you know, it is easy and takes only about 5 minutes.
The deadline for filing a claim is August 1, 2014 and we want to ensure that everyone gets a chance to participate in the settlement. If you have questions or want more information, please contact the Claims Administrator toll-free at 1-800-589-1425.
Thank you,
Claims Administrator
DRAM Indirect Settlements
P.O. Box 8097
Faribault, MN 55021-9497
Email: [email protected]
Toll-Free: 1-800-589-1425

A:Has anyone else here received this email?

Not that particular one , but I get about a dozen similar ones for various 'accident claim' , 'court action' , 'domain registration complaint' emails every month....

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47961-has-anyone-else-here-received-email.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Its has attached itself to my contact list and people are getting ads saying its from me and its not. and sometimes my computer screen go blank and then go to the site?
I completed the ark.txt and the dds and zip compressed the files. Awaiting further instructions. Thank you.

A:Received Virus through email

Hello, edukame2003
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

This time, please make sure you have the DDS.TXT in your post lol :P

We need to run a Scan with DDSPlease download DDS, and save it to your desktop, from one of the following mirrors:This is a mirror
This is another mirror

Disable any type of "Script Blockers" or "Script Protection" installed on your system.
Double click on your desktop.
If prompted by any script blocking tools, please allow any actions taken by DDS.
Two reports will open. Please reply with the generated reports:DDS.txt <-- Copy and paste into your next post
Attach.txt <-- Attach to your next post
In your next reply, please include the following:DDS.txt
Attach.txt

BillyIII

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/received-virus-through-email-331193.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Operating system: Windows XP. Email Client: Outlook Express 6. I recently received a "junk" email that when I try to delete it produces a pop up message that says " this email cannot be deleted". Even my limited knowlege tells me this not a good thing, what can do to to get rid of this unwanted email and more worrisome is what it brought with it? Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Relevancy 75.68%

When I send an email to one recipient it is not received.

When I send one to myself it is received.

When I send one to another recipient it is received. The reply comes back as spam

Can someone please help

A:Email sent to one recipient not being received

Welcome
The ISP of your friend has decided that your email ( the email provider, not you) sends too much spam, it is being blocked by your friends ISP. You can TRY to overcome the problem, by your friend putting your addy in the safe mail designation.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/296658-email-sent-one-recipient-not-being-received.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, using outlook 2013 and want to know is there anyway I can tell a received email was edited and in what way. Is there something in settings to tell or a piece of software?

A:Can I tell if a received email was edited before sent to me?

You might want to review the info found in this thread:http://www.computing.net/answers/of...Basically, the only 2 ways to determine if the text was changed would be to:1 - Contact the original sender and view what was actually sent via their "Sent" log.2 - Contact the owners of the severs along the path that the email took and compare what they "received" vs. what they "sent". Both versions of the email would be stored on their servers. However, gaining access to those files without some level of court order could prove to be troublesome.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/can-i-tell-if-a-received-email-was-edited-before-sent-to-me/19884.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have received an email today which this virus??? received a Email Is has an attatchment I have not opened Email received Is this a virus??? it for obvious reasons but on clicking on it to see what it was it seems to be some sort of update that they wish me to install The email has come from email protected and I have never sent any emails from my computer to these people I dont even know who they are I have googled their address and it takes me to some foreign page which I cant understand although there are bits of english thrown inbetween the foreign words Can someone please take a look at the email below and let me know what they think Is this a virus Mail server report Our firewall determined the e-mails containing worm copies are being sent from your computer Nowadays it happens from many computers because this is a new virus type Network Worms Using the new bug in the Windows these viruses infect the computer unnoticeably After the penetrating into the computer the virus harvests all the e-mail addresses and sends the copies of itself to these e-mail addresses Please install updates for worm elimination and your computer restoring Best regards Customers support service Many thanks anais nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Symantec Email Proxy deleted the following email message:

To: I DELETED THIS ADDRESS. IT WAS A ONE I ONCE THOUGHT ABOUT USING.
Subject: Re: blathering, there'll be a

I received this into one of my mail accounts a couple of days ago. I have never seen such an interception by Nortons; nor any other antivirus software. I am running NIS 2002 with NAV.
Any thoughts from anyone about it? Maybe I should let 188mail.com know that one of it's users is doing "something" but I haven't and probably won't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/received-a-strange-email.272554/
Relevancy 75.68%

I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client with my gmail addresses. How do I get to know when the emails I send are opened at the receiving end. Any options in Thunderbird or any add-on software available?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/email-received-notification-196708.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I am not sure if this is where I should post?
I received an email from a friend which contained an attachment and when I click on it to open it, I get the following error:

"The file does not have a program associated with it for performing the action. Create an association in the folder options CP.""

I don't understand the message nor do I know where the folder options CP is nor do I know what "program" I should be creating to read the attachment". It is simply a pic with some prose.

I would appreciate comments, thankyou.

A:Received Email From Friend

It's telling you that it doesn't know which program, to open the attachment, with.
What is the file type, of the attachment (doc, txt, jpg, etc.)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102458/received-email-from-friend/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am clueless as to what Need help receiving an with email not the Need help with not receiving an email problem is but the company I work for can not receive a certain encrypted email from another business We receive other encrypted emails from the business just not this certain one Every encrypted secure message they send uses the same mechanism so I dont understand what could be the problem with this one Here is some important info When they try to email this certain message it never arrives to us and eventually they get a message back from MAILER-DAEMON stating quot THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE The original message was received at Tue Aug - from ----- Transcript of session follows ----- timeout writing message to relay fnbandt com Resource temporarily unavailable lt valarie fnbandt com gt Deferred Warning message still undelivered after hours Will keep trying until message is day old quot Relay fnbandt com is our email scanner Also I have been dealing with a guy from their company on this issue and he thinks it is on our end saying that maybe we are blocking it but that can't be because it is not showing that it is being blocked in our SMTP log which means it isnt even getting to us The guy I have been working with from the other company sent me an email stating that this is what he gets from his external workstation when pinging relay fnbandt com quot C gt ping relay fnbandt com Pinging relay fnbandt com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C gt nslookup Default Server UnKnown Address gt set type mx gt fnbandt com Server UnKnown Address Non-authoritative answer fnbandt com MX preference mail exchanger relay fnbandt com gt quot This seems to be an issue on their end Isnt it a rule of thumb that if it is not showing in our smtp log or even reaching our gateway that it is the other companies issue

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349001/need-help-with-not-receiving-an-email/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am new to this computer and windows 10. I am trying to use as WALLPAPER a picture I received in an email but i cannot even save it.
A right click only gives me the COPY option.

A:Cannot download a picture received in an email

Which E-Mail program? Do you have an option to save an attachment? Does the Copy allow you to select a location where you can Paste it? Or is it just copying the image for the paste into a program such as Paint [Start, All Apps, W, Windows Accessories] which then would allow saving.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/50859-cannot-download-picture-received-email.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok, here we go. I am a volunteer firefighter that we are starting to use a website called i am responding. We have to have the pc that runs it in our office and a large tv in our engine room to show the display. We have it set to a screensaver to prevent the screen from being burned in. We have the ability to have the i am responding website send an email to any address when we get a fire call. I was wondering if there was any extension or add on that would be able to wake the system from the screensaver when an email is received? I would be able to setup a gmail account really easy. I know this sounds like such a simple task, but i am having such problems trying to find how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Wake from screensaver when email is received???

What you would probably want to do is look for some kind of program that checks an email account, and will then pop up some big obnoxious dialog box that should kick the screensaver out.

Another option might be to see if there are any screensavers which will actually integrate this mail checking functionality. So something similar to the marquee or floating clock screensavers, it shows maybe the subject and sender of any messages, or even just a "You have X messages" message. I would also look for a program that can provide a repeating audio alert to new messages.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wake-from-screensaver-when-email-is-received-657663.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I was delighted Infected Opened and Received email to receive an email this morning from my dear niece which had a link www wagnershredder at blankbath markmoreSL I clicked on it without thinking twice and it was a bad site Well not really sure what the site was because I hit control-alt-delete too quick to know When I pulled mozilla back up it still had the same site on which I saw long enough to see a message saying I ve been infected and need to try some sort of product to remove it but I got out just as quickly I proceeded to run a battery of antivirus and such software Auslogics CCleaner Glary Utilities Malwarebytes Spyware Blaster SuperAntiSpyware Free Spybot gmer and Hijack This The scans revealed very little Super Anti showed tracking cookies Glary had Infected Registry Cleaner problems and Temp File Cleaner problem and that was about it I can tell my computer is running slower and if I m typing an Received and Opened Infected email email on my yahoo every now and then Received and Opened Infected email I can type and it takes a minute for the words to show up This has happened in a previous infection Other than than I have no problems but I m trying to make sure I m not missing anything I m grateful for whatever you may be able to lend

A:Received and Opened Infected email

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467485/received-and-opened-infected-email/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I received this email in my AOL mailbox today Don t know who it s from or what it s purpose is I did see it contained my Email received--malicious intent? screen password which I promptly changed after reading Email received--malicious intent? the email Could someone please tell me what this email is all about--I am not smart when it comes to malicious intent but I think it must be involved somewhat in this email What harm can Email received--malicious intent? opening that email cause I am ok since I changed my password Do I need to change the password on all my AOL screen names Also I ve heard about firewalls but don t know much about them do I need to install something like this Could anyone recommend a free one I don t want to open the email again to post it here but it says something like this To Subject Your Requested Information From AOL Instant Messenger lt email protected gt This is an automatically-generated response from the AOL Instant Messenger SM service The information you requested is quot xxxxx quot Did you know that you can use your AIM SM service screen name to sign onto other great AOL Web Products Thank you I apreciate the assistance nbsp

A:Email received--malicious intent?

HI Narnie

Looks innocent enough to me - did you forget your password or something and ask them to send it to you ?

If you are worried about a possible virus - do an on-line scan Here :-

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

or here :-

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

You do need a firewall - Zonealarm is popular and easy to use

http://www.free-firewall.org/

steam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-received-malicious-intent.116762/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my mobile phone to a Motorola Atrix, and, although it's a very good phone, it has a tendency to high-jack my emails!

What I mean is, basically when I get an email sent to me and don't have Windows Live Mail open, then the mail goes to my phone - due to the nature of the phone being permanently online. Then when I do open my Live Mail it doesn't receive those emails as they've already been sent once all be it to a different device.

Of course I can access these mails from my ISP's website (virgin), but it's a little inconvenient.

I know I could just delete my email account from my phone, but it does come in handy when away from the PC so I'd rather not.

Is there a setting were I can get the mails sent to each device, regardless of which one gets it first?

Cheers

A:[SOLVED] Email only received on 1 device!

Leave the Emails on the Server

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-email-only-received-on-1-device-602756.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Some how I have a box checked to notify me when my emails are read. how do I turn it off.

A:turn off 'notify when email has been received'

OE tools/options/receipts, untick requiest a read receipt for sent mail

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-off-notify-when-email-has-been-received.172132/
Relevancy 74.82%

Greetings. I am asking help on behalf of my sister-in-law who's computer knowledge is less that superior and I am not far behind. In the course of genealogy searches, she received a picture of a relative,. The picture is huge and not practical and she would like to reduce the size in order to download it in a more practical size. Is there a way she can resize the picture,? Thank You. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619679/resizing-of-a-picture-received-via-email/
Relevancy 74.82%

In the last two three weeks emails sent from my Aol to Ntlworld addresses have not been received The Aol address book appears to have been corrupted In the address of the recipient between n and t from by being Email NTLWorld recipients not received AOL of ntlworld a non-printed character has been inserted but I'm unable to find out what it is This may account for the non-delivery but the mail has not bounced and so I was unaware of the non-delivery until just a couple of days ago I'm Email from AOL not being received by NTLWorld recipients also not sure if only Ntlworld accounts are involved Suspiciously just recently most of my saved email was deleted and I had to sift through the recently deleted email and manually restore the important stuff This happened twice My virus checker Microsoft Security Essentials didn't find any viruses This may be unrelated to the current problem I'm beginning to Email from AOL not being received by NTLWorld recipients think that I must have a virus or something rather than it being an AOL or Ntlworld problem Has anyone any ideas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/email-from-aol-not-being-received-by-ntlworld-recipients-627863.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I am trying to ascertain the identity EMAIL help received virus in message.. of a virus perpetrator The individual sent an email virus received in EMAIL message.. help message that contained a virus I have been receiving these messages almost daily Assumably it s difficult to ascertain virus received in EMAIL message.. help the culprit Any help is appreciated Sincerely Joe Here s info I received from MICROSOFT OUTLOOK please note that even though the originating address claims to be email protected it is not gt gt gt Return-Path lt email protected gt Delivery-Date Thu Nov - Received from helo lift com by mx perfora net node mxus with ESMTP Nemesis id MKuxu- EaJMG wmd- lY for email protected Thu Nov - From email protected To email protected Subject You have successfully updated your password Date Thu Nov - MIME-Version Content-Type multipart mixed boundary quot ---- NextPart BD C C F quot X-Priority X-MSMail-Priority Normal Message-ID lt email protected gt X-RBL-Warning warn bl perfora net says Dynamic IP Addresses See http www sorbs net lookup shtml Envelope-To email protected This is a multi-part message in MIME format ------ NextPart BD C C F Content-Type text html charset quot ISO- - quot Content-Transfer-Encoding bit nbsp

A:virus received in EMAIL message.. help

Trying to actually identify the person sending the viruses is more trouble than it's worth. My guess its that it is nobody that you know. Any time you receive a message like that "your password has been changed successfully" you have to be suspicios and DO NOT open the attachment. Are you actually infected? Do you have an active virus scanner running that is failing to detect that these messages contain a virus?

If you don't have a virus scanner running...get one immediately. There are several free ones available that are very effective. If you want to go the free route, I would recommend AVG from Grisoft. It is very effective...and best of all it's free!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-received-in-email-message-help.415609/
Relevancy 74.82%

Whenever I receive an email with a link it doesn't work. I can click on it all day and nothing happens. I'm using MS Outlook w/ WinME. I've also switched to OE and the same thing happens. This is for every email I receive and I receive a lot. Thanks!!

Relevancy 74.82%

I right click, get the drop down menu, click on "Email picture . . . " What I get is a message box with the following, "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action." So when I go to defaults program control there are email programs listed. I installed gmail notifier thinking thhat would help but it did not.

So, I'm betting this is an easy fix and not worth the frustration. My intuition isn"t working today, please help!

A:Trying to send an image from a received email.

Download the image, save it to your computer...compose new email, attach image? Maybe I am missing something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/189730-trying-send-image-received-email.html
Relevancy 74.82%

received an email today.

i did NOT open it. it had no sender name ,nor did it have a subject. (using a yahoo email account).

i'm assuming strongly its a virus email and will be deleting it away,without opening it.
does it sound like a virus email? if ur familar with yahoo mail,its very usual for a a email to arrive without a sender's name.
also, do i notifie yahoo at all?
thanks,sharky

Relevancy 74.82%

I have received a photo from a friend as an attatchment in Microsoft Outlook...............Can you tell me how I can use my Photoshop CS to work on the photo???..........at the moment, I dont know how to transfer it so I can work on it. thanks.
I have windows XP.

A:photo's received in email (MOutlook)

Right click on the attachment and choose 'Save As..'.
Save it to a folder (my pictures).
Run your Photoshop, File Open.. Browse to my pictures and select the file to open it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photos-received-in-email-moutlook.355035/
Relevancy 74.82%

i have a client,s computer with windows xp and office 2003 she is facing promblem in using outlook as she has bellsouth.net
account i configured the setting for pop3 but still she is not able as it is not taken username and password

A:Solved: outlook email not sent or received

Double check your settings. From the BellSouth email support page: http://www.support.com/email/isp/bellsouth

How Do I Set Up My BellSouth Account On An Email Client?

You can set up your BellSouth account on any Email client, such as Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and so on. Use the following information to set up the account:
Email address: [email protected]
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.att.yahoo.com
Incoming mail server SSL: enabled
Incoming mail port: 995
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail server SSL: enabled
Outgoing mail port: 465
Username: your username
Password: your password
For further assistance, simply call 1-800-PC-Support and a Personal Technology Expert® will setup your BellSouth account for you.
Hope it helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email-not-sent-or-received.1059598/
Relevancy 74.82%

http://asurein.com/wp-content/plugins/akismet/nba.php?pmifco812ukq

Can clicking links like this give me viruses?  It did not look like anything downloaded and installed, after I foolishly clicked it.  But it took me to a "work from home" type of seminar site when I clicked it, which looked pretty phishy...

Can somebody educate me a bit or point me to something i should read?  ps I ran my Microsoft Security Essentials and it didn't find anything.

Thank you much in advance.

A:I received this link in email and it went to my spam

Looks like it was just spam in this case. . . I checked out the link. . . no malicious action. So you ought to be fine; you don't need to do anything special in this case.Would recommend being more careful in the future though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493270/i-received-this-link-in-email-and-it-went-to-my-spam/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all,
I bought my wife an Asus T100 win 8.1 tablet. The email app is set up but when she receives emails she gets one in the all mail one in the important and one flagged.
Cannot see anywhere to set rules or how to only get one copy.
Can anyone set me straight on this.
TIA

magpie

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/44003-receiving-3-copies-same-email.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello! My name is Gabriela, I'm currently using Windows 8.1 and I've been receiving spam e-mails from my own e-mail adress, as well as sending it to my contact list. I've already tried cleaning my pc following a guide (which isn't from bleeping computer) and using Rkill, Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, RogueKiller and my usual anti-virus software, Avast!, but none of them showed me any threats.
I've already had this problem before and tried using Combofix, but I'm pretty sure it was with my old pc, so I haven't ran it in this one yet, and I'm willing to do things the right way now.
How can I solve this annoying problem and make sure my pc is clean from any threats?

I thank in advance to any help you give me.

A:Receiving spam from my own email

Sorry for the delay, but we do need you to repost to get a deeper look to find it..Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.As you have Win 8.1 when you get to the DDS tool instead use the RSIT toolI posted below.Please download RSIT by random/random from the link provided for your operating system and save it to your desktop.Link 1 for 32-bit versionLink 2 for 32-bit versionLink 1 for 64-bit versionLink 2 for 64-bit versionThis tool needs to run while the computer is connected to the Internet. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding RSIT attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Read the disclaimer and click Continue.When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.Another text file named info.txt will open minimized.Save the log files to your desktop and copy/paste the contents of log.txt by highlighting everything and pressing Ctrl+C.After highlighting, right-click, choose Copy and then paste the contents into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.Copies of both log files are automatically saved in the C:\RSIT folder which the tool creates during the scan.Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557929/receiving-spam-from-my-own-email/
Relevancy 74.39%

I Receiving Email Issue. have an year old friend that I m trying to assist He uses AOL web based for his email and can get it on his phone as well as the desktop computer running Windows professional His issue was that when he Email Receiving Issue. received an attachment in AOL email he can open some and not others If he sends it to a Email Receiving Issue. Comcast address he can open all attachments Attachment that he demonstrated was a simple word doc He wanted to have one email client to open all the different accounts He has Microsoft Office that he purchased a while back but it doesn t come with Outlook He didn t want to spend money to upgrade and get outlook I looked for outlook express and saw that it was no longer supported I pulled down Microsoft Live Email and built his accounts and loaded in AOL Gmail and Comcast accounts It immediately pulled down all his current email However when he tries to send an email it would not send any outgoing email First I turned off his firewall temporarily to see if it was a firewall issue and it made no difference Then I researched on line to find some ports to change but it still didn t help We created a Microsoft account and signed in to see if that helped and it didn t He isn t getting an error message it just puts the files in the outbox and that s it I figured with all the changes maybe I confused the app I closed the app and waited for a while to restart it When it goes to restart it opens the send receive progress window which shows the tasks but they are stalled No progress being made at all Nothing else opens in order to change the account information Doing more research I see that Live Email is obsolete as well I found a location for outlook desktop but I m not comfortable to redo all this and uninstall the Live Mail only to find there is another reason the outgoing email isn t working for any account What is the email client you d recommend for an older gentleman Is there a reason why the email for Gmail Comcast and AOL using default setup are able to receive but not send nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/email-receiving-issue.311972/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello folks

we have been using Vista for a while with no problem, but yesterday seemingly out of the blue an error has cropped up using Windows Mail. We can still send email, but we cant receive

when we click send and receive we get the following error message:

Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'mail.talktalk.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

and a dialogue box asking for our talktalk user name and password. Entering our username and password (we have double checked them with talktalk) does nothing but bring up the same dialogue box again

talktalk have been no help, so we would much appreciate any guidance

thank you

Rich

A:problem receiving email

Welcome Rich
I think that the primary cause of this problem is the old email client (Windows Mail). You may want to try the most up to date version. Windows Live Mail 2011
Windows Live Essentials: Other Programs.
There are also many other non Microsoft Clients that will do an excellent job; I like Thunderbird.
Top 11 Free Email Programs for Windows - About Email
If this does not work, it is my opinion that the problem stems from a problem at the email providers server. You have to call them, again, to resolve that problem. The problem may be temporary and will be corrected when rectified by the email provider.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/296744-problem-receiving-email.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I posted in Am I infected What do I do the following message Hello My name is Gabriela I'm currently using Windows and I've been receiving spam e-mails from my own e-mail adress as well as sending it to my contact list I've already tried cleaning my pc following a guide which isn't from bleeping computer and using Rkill Malwarebytes HitmanPro RogueKiller and my usual anti-virus software Avast but none of them showed me any Receiving from my email spam own threats I've already had this problem before and tried using Combofix but I'm pretty sure it was with my old pc so I haven't ran it in this one yet and I'm willing to do things the right way now How can I solve this annoying Receiving spam from my own email problem and make sure my pc is clean from any threats I thank in advance to any help you give me and I Receiving spam from my own email was told to post here I tried Receiving spam from my own email following the preparation guide but I was unable to run the DDS Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Gabriela at - - Microsoft Windows System drive C has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Users usuRio AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x National Instruments Shared NI Error Reporting nierserver exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care listener exe C Program Files x Steam steam exe C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe C Program Files trend micro Gabriela exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http sony msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https uk search yahoo com type amp fr sp tr ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Lync Click to Call BHO - D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OCHelper dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper - D E A- B - AE-A AA-ABA DBD BF - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM Adobe... Read more

A:Receiving spam from my own email

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.p.s.If I were you I would create a new e-mail account.Tell all my contacts to use that new one from now and and confirm.When all have confirmed delete the spoofed e-mail account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558936/receiving-spam-from-my-own-email/
Relevancy 74.39%

I opened a seemingly genuine email big mistake after Help, receiving email problem Computer is now slow and periodically shuts down Any attempt on a virus scan Help, problem after receiving email shuts down the computer after a few minutes Hijack this scan below any advice and help would be greatfully appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files blueyonder PCguard fws exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files blueyonder PCguard advisor PCguardadvisor exe C Program Files blueyonder PCguard Rps exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOME exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files SkypeIntegration SkypeIntegration SkypeClient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files blueyonder IST bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search blueyonder co uk search search jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virginmedia com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided by blueyonder R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO PopKill Class - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files blueyonder PCguard pkR dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ZKBho Class - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files blueyonder PCguard FBHR dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-C... Read more

A:Help, problem after receiving email

Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

O16 - DPF: {03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E} (MetaStreamCtl Class) - https://components.viewpoint.com/MTS...?noreloadredir
O18 - Protocol: schmap-help - (no CLSID) - (no file)

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".
Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove these:
ViewpointService

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-problem-after-receiving-email.595007/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Gmail and send to a group. One lady receives my email but I never receive her replies.
Her email is from mindspring.com I am using Internet Explorer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-receiving-email-at-gmail.1158840/
Relevancy 73.96%

I know pictures can be resized for sending in email, but is there any way to resize pictures received in email for copying or forwarding?

A:Resize received email pictures for forwarding

Not without losing image quality.
Resampling images is easy (many freeware image viewers/editors will do it), but the long and the short of it is that the program doing the resampling is adding pixels that don't exist; so the larger the image is resampled, the worse it will look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resize-received-email-pictures-for-forwarding.404818/
Relevancy 73.96%

I  am trying to copy a 50+ emails that are part of a distribution list  sent to me as a CC. I  can right click each one individually and add to contact list but is there a way to do them all at once? I am using  Outlook 2007 and Win 7.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485117/copying-multiple-emails-from-received-email/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello

I need to come up with a simple outlook macro (or script?) that fires off whenever a new email meeting certain criteria is received.

1. new email is received with "please refresh quotes" in the subject
2. outlook runs a macro that causes another macro to run (the second macro is located in a excel workbook which is already running in my office pc)
3. the excel (attached) is simply refreshing market prices and emails whenever the macro is triggered. because the quotes are obtained via a DLL feed I can only get it at work.

the purpose is simply to get live market quotes on my personal email from my work email whenever i need.
thanks in advance for your help.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hello,
I have my font setting set as Taffy, size 12. Well, when I receive emails some are displayed as fonts of their choice but others appear as the font that I've selected. This just started, outlook express did not previously do this. Was it something I did wrong? I've also noticed that once I reply to that email (the one that shows my font/size) I'm not able to change the font before sending. You're help would be great!! Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/received-email-fonts-in-outlook-express.995232/
Relevancy 73.96%

How do I set my computer to notify me with a sound when a new email is received. System is Vista, with IE and Google.

A:Receive a sound alert when a new email is received

What is your Email program? Outlook 2007 already has sound notification on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/receive-a-sound-alert-when-a-new-email-is-received-435369.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I opened an email from a domain I had never seen before embarq mail .com and in front of the @ it read atmcard and a few numbers after that. The subject was "Your ATM Card C..." sort of just like that and on the inside it didnt show anything, no images or anything just said "a surprise for you". Should I be worried it was laced with something hidden? I have sense marked this as spam. I recently did a wipe of my hard drive on my computer, bout 3 days ago due to some weird activity and my virus scanner turning off on its own.

Your ATM Conclusion

Spam

x

ATM CARD <[EMAIL ADDREDD HERE]@embarqmail.com>

3:12 AM (1 hour ago)

to

Why is this message in Spam? You clicked "Report spam" for this message.  Learn more

Surprise for you

A:I received an email, I opened it just in case it was important ....

It seems suspicious... but, did you get this through IMAP or POP3 mail? or through web based mail

edit: Just checked the link in your copy and paste.. gmail won't carry malicious exes (or any exes that aren't double compressed for that matter, or cache file unless you allow it on the moment, either) so it's all ok... just some crazy spam [email protected]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501347/i-received-an-email-i-opened-it-just-in-case-it-was-important/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

Msn/Hotmail Issues.

Msn shows I received a email delivered to my hotmail, yet nothing is in the inbox, why?

This happened last night, I was appearing as offline.. then out of nowhere I ended up receiving emails.. each time instead of clicking on the pop ups.. I went straight into my inbox to see I hadn't received no email... this happened on 3 attemps in the space of a few seconds.. what could this have been?

Please help someone.. Was someone trying to hack my account?

this is so bugging me.

Thanks

A:msn show's I received a email delivered to me, yet nothing is in the inbox , why?

What type of 'mail rules' have you set up ?
Any that ship an email to another folder ?
Are there any entries in the 'Deleted' folder ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-shows-i-received-a-email-delivered-to-me-yet-nothing-is-in-the-inbox-why.675512/
Relevancy 73.96%

I am trying to send emails with backgrounds and text boxs in it from outlook. It works fine when opening in another outlook account but when i open it in gmail, the message is split up. first the text block, and then the image...instead of the text box being ontop of the background. also it seems as if the email is broken up and attached as seperate entities. the background is a file, and then all the text boxes are attached as .emz files. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS STOP? I work for a university and we are trying to make our emails more into news letters with a set image for background and text that can be edited before being sent out. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE IN ADVANCE!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/outlook-email-does-not-get-received-correctly-in-gmail-1055834.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone Been lurking these forums awhile back and I usually resolve it by following other thread's solution except this current issue of mine Earlier today I received from TWC about botnet activity I am using Windows Avira Anti-virus The two browsers I mainly use chrome and mozilla FF doesn't redirect to any malware Botnet from an Detected Activity TWC: email Received but I am treating the email i received from my isp very seriously I ran MalwareByte's Anti-RootKit and it didn't found anything attached I then ran tdsskiller exe and it found attaching log I then uploaded each Received an email from TWC: Botnet Activity Detected file it referenced in https virusscan jotti org and out of the files BTServer exe was flagged with PUA Win Packer SetupExeSection- by ClamAV I then stopped as I haven't found anything online on how to get rid of this one I also ran GMER and attaching the log This is the first time I've received a botnet activity email from my ISP Received an email from TWC: Botnet Activity Detected Any help assistance on this would be great Thank you very much

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626891/received-an-email-from-twc-botnet-activity-detected/
Relevancy 73.96%

Suddenlink Internet Usage Notice From nomail suddenlink net You may not know this sender Mark as safe Mark as junk Sent Sun AM Jun Dear Customer In the last monthly cycle your Internet account used GB That s well above the typical monthly usage of up to GB This situation could mean several things For instance a virus or quot spyware quot application might have infected your computer and started generating high levels of Internet traffic or someone else might be using your Internet connection without your knowledge To help guard against those issues please consider the following steps If you have a wireless router you may have unauthorized users logging onto your account Ensure that your router is encrypted or password-protected from service recently provider my this I email received by visiting the Web site of your router's manufacturer Viruses and spyware applications can without your knowledge generate excessive Internet traffic Install I recently received this email from my service provider and regularly update your computer s security software to minimize the risk of your Internet connection being used by an outside party for unauthorized purposes Suddenlink I recently received this email from my service provider offers a free security package for qualifying customers To learn more visit http www suddenlink com netsafety mcafee html Install software to limit or eliminate the volume of spam you receive Check with other members of your household regarding their Internet activities For instance someone in your home might leave a streaming music player running while they re away doing other things During that time your account is using bandwidth without anyone benefiting from it If you ve shared your Suddenlink Internet user ID and password with someone you suspect is causing you to exceed the typical usage range consider changing your password Some popular peer-to-peer file-sharing programs e g Bit Torrent Shareaza etc will upload shared files by default to others as fast as your connection allows This activity is often invisible to you but it can result in significant usage Check your file-sharing program preferences to make sure the upstream Internet is limited accordingly Make sure if you use a news reader e g Usenet that it is not set to automatically download message bodies for groups to which you subscribe Otherwise you may download a significant volume of material that is of no interest to you If you wish to monitor your usage we have set up a convenient way for you to do so If you haven t already done so register your account at www suddenlink net when finished click the link for My Internet Usage Summary If you re already registered at suddenlink net log on go to quot My Account quot and then click the link for quot My Internet Usage Summary quot Once there you ll be able to see how many GB you ve used at any point in a given monthly cycle and compare that usage to the typical usage for your package More information is available at http www suddenlink com usage faq Thank you for taking time to review this letter and for being our customer Suddenlink Management Since I use the same this month as the last ten I am not sure waht is going on i did the scans andhere they are eeep they are gone got to do again but anyway when i went to suddenlink to find thier supposed free virus scanner couldnt find it and dont want to download from just any site dont trust many DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jashiree at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup... Read more

A:I recently received this email from my service provider

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your Windows Vista's User Account Control UAC has been disabled. Sometimes, malware disables it, sometimes the end user does.

Please read this

Before you go any further, protect this system and re-enable that feature. Click Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and turn it back on.

Please explain why this computer has no antivirus program installed and running. This is an open invitation for infection.

It can take as little as eight seconds to infect an unprotected computer.

Please keep this computer offline except when downloading tools and posting in the forum until we get one installed.

It appears you didn't attach Attach.txt and the gmer log to your last reply.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/i-recently-received-this-email-from-my-service-provider-492123.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I apologize if this was covered in the body of another thread I couldn t find it based on the subject lines My Trend Micro complete security suite was running at all times I email send I All ad received didn't contacts did not open any suspicious email from unrecognized sender and avoided all forwarded email I have no idea where this All contacts received ad email I didn't send malware originated I suspect a trojan horse of some kind I hesitate to try free scans from other security software like norton because these companies are notorious for putting code onto computers that is extremely difficult to remove and can interfere with installation of a different security All contacts received ad email I didn't send program I need to fix this fast and apologize to everyone on my contact list whew that s going to be a big deal unless there s some way to send a bulk email without revealing everyone s email address without adding each contact individually and using Bcc Please help I ran a deep Trend Micro scan that came up empty I ve trusted Tech Guys for years this is the big one I have already changed my password and security question at gmail I am running Microsoft s malicious software tool right now nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Yesterday morning I received an email from a friend I know on my gmail account I am not sure how or what happened but few minutes later I received another email Attacked by Trojan.Bagle I email from received from same Attacked by Trojan.Bagle from email I received friend apologizing about the email I received and Attacked by Trojan.Bagle from email I received that it was not his but rather a spam Immediately that signaled a red flag and I scanned my system and iobit found the virus trojan bagle AVG did not see it Malwarebytes found trojan backdoor in three files and actually quarantined and deleted them Even though iobit deletes the trojan it still reappears and yes I did full scan after the smart scan to remove any backup files of the virus hidden somewhere But it still reappears even though I had turned off restore system off I also ran eset free online scan it found the file and supposedly deleted Attacked by Trojan.Bagle from email I received it but it still reappears Went to iobit forum to see if this is false positive or not but seems that other people are running into same problem with no answer yet here is the where the virus is located at IObit Security OS Windows XP Version Define Version Time Elapsed Objects Scanned Threats Found Name Type Description ID Trojan Bagle - Quarantined File C WINDOWS system WgaLogon dll - Trojan Bagle - Quarantined File C WINDOWS system dllcache WgaLogon dll - I have tried everything that I know and read online I am no expert but I do try to solve problems as much as I can but this is beyond my abilities I am not complaining about the system it si responding fine but I am concerned about security ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED I actually use AVG as my anti-virus program and I had it completely un-installed because I read online that sometimes this virus will actually infect the software in not recognizing the virus and AVG actually did not find it when I ran the scan I read on this forum about helping other people and that you guys recommend running quot combofix quot before posting So I did that and here is the report it came up with ComboFix - - - Guru - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running from c documents and settings Guru Desktop ComboFix exe AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-access scanning disabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C Other Deletions ---- Previous Run ------- c windows a kebook ini c windows akebook ini c windows ANS INI c windows explorer exe c windows system tmp dll c windows system tmp dll c windows system tmp dll c windows system tmp dll c windows system BSTIEPrintCtl dll -- Previous Run -- c windows system dbghlp dll is infected -------- c windows system dbghlp dll is infected Files Created from - - to - - Complete scan report is attached since it would not fit here Again I am no expert I try to learn and your help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Added information tried to post this thread using Google Chrome browser but everytime I would submit the thread it would tell me quot Oops Google Chrome could not find www techsupportforum com quot but if I went and entered the website address it would function alright If you read the message then it worked with IE

A:Attacked by Trojan.Bagle from email I received

Hello and welcome to Tech Support Forum.

My name is km2357 and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

I will be giving you a series of instructions that need to be followed in the order in which I give them to you.

If for any reason you do not understand an instruction or are just unsure then please do not guess, simply post back with your questions/concerns and we will go through it again.

Please do not start another thread or topic, I will assist you at this thread until we solve your problems.

Lastly the fix may take several attempts and my replies may take some time but I will stick with it if you do the same.

Sorry for the delay in replying, the forum is very busy. If you still need help, please do the following:

Step # 1 Download and run DDS

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

Step # 2: Download and Run Gmer

Please download gmer.zip from Gmer and save it to your desktop.

***Please close any open programs ***

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOTKIT" entries unless advised by a trained Security Analyst

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan. Click No.

If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware tab & make sure that the 'Sections' button is ticked and the 'Show All' button is unticked.Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
Click OK.
GMER will produce a log. Click on the Save button, and save the log as gmer.txt somewhere you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

DO NOT touch the PC at ALL for Whatever reason/s until it has 100% completed its scan, or attempted scan in case of some error etc !

Please post the results from the GMER scan in your reply.

In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:

1. The two DDS Logs (DDS and Attach.txt)
2. The GMER Log

Use multiple posts if you can't fit everything into one post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/attacked-by-trojan-bagle-from-email-i-received-477262.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Can anyone tell me if copies of my email are also going to someone else? I've only changed the dot com address but found a copy of this code in my email.

<br><a href="mailto:[email protected]" target="_blank">[email protected]</a></span></font>

A:Is admin receiving copies of my email

closed duplicate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-admin-receiving-copies-of-my-email.1063015/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi
Does anyone know if it possible to configure Outlook 2007 to download email automatically at a certain time once a day?
I know that I can set Outlook to download every so-many minutes - and in essence I could tell it to download every 1440 minutes (once-a-day), but how do I know exactly at what time it would do this?
Thank you
Yoni

A:Receiving email in Outlook at a certain time

how about just manually?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/receiving-email-in-outlook-at-a-certain-time.154195/
Relevancy 73.53%

have outlook express, when i hit the send/receive button the message in the pop up says...receiving 1 of 1 emails, but nothing shows up. other than that no problems sending or receiving email. any ideas?Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Outlook Exprees..says Its Receiving 1 Email, But Does Not

if your email provider has webmail available for you, log in to that and see if there is in fact an email sitting there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100619/outlook-expreessays-its-receiving-1-email-but-does-not/
Relevancy 73.53%

My wife is a teacher Visual email/IM? signal receiving when and her school has set up a system to send an IM instead of a PA announcement or any other communication needed by the office to the teacher The problem is that she does not notice when an IM arrives that needs her attention due to her being at the front of the class lecturing So I had the idea that if we could set her computer so that instead of or in addition to a sound signal when a new message arrives the monitor would flash in such a way that it could be seen from a distance I have been trying to set on the accessibility options SoundSentry and ShowSounds in windows XP but nothing I have done so far has had any affect on Windows Messenger or Outlook They just continue producing a sound and nothing visual at all let alone something that Visual signal when receiving email/IM? could noticed from across the room I am beginning to think that this Visual signal when receiving email/IM? may not be possible Any ideas Thanks Larry nbsp

A:Visual signal when receiving email/IM?

Well I guess I stumped the band with this one. Any suggestions as to where I might find an answer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-signal-when-receiving-email-im.495722/
Relevancy 73.53%

Good Afternoon I work in a very small office of employees We have pc's all running xp sp all connected to a separate server which forwards our email gets data backed up to it etc 2003 receiving outlook not email Around weeks outlook 2003 not receiving email ago one of the machines stopped receiving email through outlook exchange server Email sent from it gets received and it does outlook 2003 not receiving email seem to receive email sent from other people in our office but nothing from outside has come in for quite a while Having read up on a few things on this board amp else where i have so far established Removing the account in outlook and putting it back on again makes no difference Removing the anti virus firewall software did nothing Reinstalling a different antivirus etc avg and running a full virus scan pulled no results Checking and comparing as many of the properties on the server as I can find there is nothing different that i can see between one of the working accounts and the non working one There does not appear to be any mail queued on the server that is not pushing through on the account Having had very little experience in this kind of thing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance Sam

A:outlook 2003 not receiving email

Is there a particular 0x800ccc error code or something similar happening when you click send/receive on that machine?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-not-receiving-email-390411.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Good Morning,

I just joined the Forum because I'm having trouble receiving email. I'm using Windows Mail. My Operating System is Windows Vista SP2. I get the following Error Messages when my email tries to download into my program.

Message number 1 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server: 'pop3.frontier.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR inactivity timeout', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.frontier.com', Server: 'pop3.frontier.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I could call Frontier's Tech Support, but I'd rather try to fix it myself before I call them.

Thanks In Advance,

Lana White

A:New Member Having Problem Receiving Email

I'm not familiar with Windows Mail but every email client I've ever used has used the email address for the "Account". The POP3 server name as the account name doesn't seem to be right to me but perhaps a Windows Mail expert will comment. I would check the account setup in Mail to make sure the correct account name and password are entered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-member-having-problem-receiving-email.1097087/
Relevancy 73.53%

At present i have a hotmail.co.uk account and use Outlook Mail to send and receive, is there a way that i can track my emails and know when they have been read?Or alternatively change Outlook Mail to give me this facility without changing my email address.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623366/receiving-notofication-email-has-been-read/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there,

I am not very sure whether I have been infected, but I am getting very worried about receiving email from my own account. Basically I am receiving emails using my full name and email adress. It is a bit like if I was writing to me. I have changed my password but it keeps coming.

Is there anyome who can help me or advise about what to do.

Thank you
Pascal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-emails-with-my-name-and-my-emails-adress.1154646/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I've posted about this problem before, but I never really figured it out. On my computer at home, both Outlook and Thunderbird download all of my messages from my email account (with Comcast). But I am trying to set up a different Comcast account on a different computer and it is only getting unread messages.

How can I get all the messages off the server? I'm guessing this is a problem with a preference with Comcast but, I could be wrong.

Thank you!

A:[SOLVED] Receiving ALL email messages

i don't really know how to fix this but have you configured the email protocol right. like pop3. try changing the preferance and is it syncronized correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-receiving-all-email-messages-234816.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Is anyone else having occasional trouble receiving emails? I never know I haven't received one until I email a client for the 3rd time and finally I get one back that says "I've responded to this 3 times". I thought it could be my service provider, COX, but they were about as helpful as a worm trying to push a large boulder......so I am thinking it is Vistas. Anyone?

A:Problems receiving email - intermittent

Which program are you using for mail? Setup a gmail.com account and test with it. Did you do a mapifix? All you updates applied? Run error checking and defrag. Did you reset your router and modem?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/190240-problems-receiving-email-intermittent.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I am not super savey when it comes to computers, but up until this point I have not had any problems. I am having trouble with one or two recipients not able to open my attachments, but everybody else is not having problems. One of my friends, who is local, says none of the attachments can be opened. Another friend in Europe has similar problems, he says in his last communication "I can only see the file NAMES in the "nature photo" one,
and I can't see anything in the "Redneck" and "All aboard" one". This are just photo files. I usually will just forward them if someone has sent them to me, but that doesn't seem to work. I have creating a new message and then cut and paste from the forward message to the new message, and that doesn't work either.
This is windows NT
Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

I am trying to find a way to use outlook to check my hotmail account. I have Outlook 2000. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Receiving hotmail email in outlook

As far as I am aware, you cannot easily use Oulook 2000 for hotmail.

Outlook 2002 perhaps, or Outlook Express will apparently work, but not Outlook 2000.

There is a workaround, which seems to have disappeared from the MS site, however a cached copy is attached below:

CAUSE
Outlook does not support the integration of Hotmail e-mail accounts.

RESOLUTION
You can view your Hotmail e-mail in Outlook by creating a Hotmail folder and then associating a Web view of that folder that points to the Hotmail Web site.

NOTE: The technique outlined in the steps below can be used to view messages from any Web-based e-mail provider, including Yahoo, Lycos, Excite and others.

Creating a Hotmail Folder

On the View menu, click Folder List to turn on the Folder List.
Right-click Outlook Today, and then click New Folder. Name the folder Hotmail and then click OK. Your Folder List should now include a Hotmail mail items folder.

Associating the Hotmail Folder with the Hotmail Web Site
In the Folder List, right-click the Hotmail folder, and then click Properties.

On the Home Page tab, type http://www.hotmail.com in the Address box.

Click to select Show home page by default for this folder, and then click OK.
Now when you click the Hotmail folder in your folder list, you will see the option to log on to your account. You can add a Hotmail folder shortcut to your Outlook Bar by dragging the Hotmail folder to the Outlook Bar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-hotmail-email-in-outlook.157867/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everyone Over the last week I have started getting spam address Receiving email spam my from on my road runner email address Clearly I have not emailed this spam to myself I regularly run Adaware Pro edition Spybot and Norton Receiving spam from my email address Corporate edition all on my computer for months now Receiving spam from my email address without problem There is absolutely no software in my add remove that is unsual All legitimate I have added the Microsoft Antispyware to try to deal with this and found at least four instances of res shdoclc dll navcancl htm under desktop navigation navigation cancel navigation failure and offline information In each of these it says it is the quot current information quot AND the address is in quot restore to quot res shdoclc dll navcancl htm I just don t have any idea how to remove what ever is in my computer that is using my address to send information to me I don t know if this has anything to do with it Someone suggested I may have a worm I also ran CWshredder nothing was found Any suggestions as to what steps I should follow Thanks techguy s Sandy nbsp

A:Receiving spam from my email address

duplicate post
read here
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=401114

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-spam-from-my-email-address.401125/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi everyone Over the last week I have started getting spam on my road runner email address Clearly I have not emailed this spam to myself I regularly run Adaware Pro edition Spybot and Norton Corporate edition all on my computer Receiving spam address email from my for months now without problem There is absolutely no software Receiving spam from my email address in my add remove that is unsual All legitimate I have added the Microsoft Antispyware to try to deal with this and found at least four instances of res shdoclc dll navcancl htm under desktop navigation navigation cancel navigation failure and offline information In each of these it says it is the quot current information quot AND the address is in quot restore to quot res shdoclc dll navcancl htm I just don t have any idea how to remove what ever is in my computer that is using my address to send information to me I don t know if this Receiving spam from my email address has anything to do with it Someone suggested I may have a worm I also ran CWshredder nothing was found Any suggestions as to what steps I should follow Thanks techguy s Sandy nbsp

A:Receiving spam from my email address

i would post a hijackthis log - HIJACK THIS:

Download and copy hijackthis [should be version 1.99.1] to its own folder , it makes backups so keeping them separate and available can be useful.
SO DO NOT put hjt onto the desktop or temp files.

create a directory say my documents/hjt

Note the Spyware tools websites are very often under attack and so I have provided more than 1 location to download from:

Version at 16/12/04

http://computercops.biz/zx/Merijn/hijackthis.zip (Version 1.99)
http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip (Version 1.99)
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip (Version 1.99)
http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/downloads.html (Version 1.99)
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/ (Version 1.99)
http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe (Version 1.99)
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ (Version 1.99)
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html (Version 1.99)
http://www.thewhities.com/ (Version 1.99)

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/ (1.98.2)
http://www.net-integration.net/tools/hijackthis.html (Version 1.98.2)
http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis1982.zip (Version 1.98.2)
http://computercops.biz/zx/Merijn/hijackthis1982.zip (Version 1.98.2)

http://www.sherrylynn.us/privacypolicy (this has an older version 1.97 - if you can not get to any of the above sites)

{NOTE: Systems infected with the 'Ms4Hd' rootkit parasite will experience crashes in HijackThis 1.99.x since this parasite deliberately crashes programs that try to detect it. For such cases, Use HijackThis 1.98.2 }

You must make sure all startup programs are selected - to do this:
This does NOT apply to win2K
Open Start> Run and type MSConfig in the 'Run' box.
When the System Configuration Utility opens, go to the 'Startup Tab' and make sure there is a checkmark beside each and every entry entry.
Goto the general tab and makesure that the "normal startup" option is checked.
REBOOT when asked to by Windows to complete the change.

Close all open windows and open Hijack This. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (Fix checked button appearing, may take a while on some systems), the scan button will change to “Save Log”.
Click on “Save Log” and then it should save and open in NotePad.
Click on “Edit” – “Select all” – “copy” and then “paste” into the thread.
DO NOT FIX ANYTHING wait advice from one of the many security experts in this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-spam-from-my-email-address.401114/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi folks I've been receiving emails from someone I came across on a forum On the one hand he's quite an interesting Character on the other hand seems a bit weird and iffy Chat via email is fine but I don't want him ending up on strangers from email receiving Privacy when my doorstep He's living in the USA and I'm in the UK I have two email Privacy when receiving email from strangers addresses one is provied by AOL which thus I believe makes it easy for someone to find out your home address via your IP address The other is Internet based service I think that is how its refered to not attached to my server Originally I gave him my AOL address sent him an email just The Once with that provider but then thought better of it and switched over to another email provider for our exchange of emails one that connects in a way that you cannot be traced We exchanged several emails through my safer email provider However he has tried on a couple of occassions toemail me again via AOL even though I am no longer Privacy when receiving email from strangers writing to him via AOL I have not opened these emails however reason being A I do not want him to trace where I am exactly in the UKand B I'm wondering if he has one of those facilities that lets him Know when I have opened the message he has sent me My question is this IF I send the emails he has sent to my AOL provider to my Other email address unopenedvia Forward email without First opening it in AOL Will he still be able to know I have opened the email even Privacy when receiving email from strangers though I have only opened his email using my other email provder Also is there any way of me being able to find out if he is actually using a facility which lets him know when I open his emails in general with either email provider

A:Privacy when receiving email from strangers

Something you don't have to be concerned about is him finding your physical address from your IP address. Only your ISP knows that and they are not about to go handing it out to any old Joe Bloggs off the street, you would definitely need to present a badge and probably a warrant to get that information.

Email accounts and clients often have "return receipts" settings where you can turn off any response if a return receipt is requested. If you turn this off the request will not be answered.

Here is some further reading for you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_tracking

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604889/privacy-when-receiving-email-from-strangers/
Relevancy 73.53%

If i sent an email, is there any way to find out the IP address it will be delivered to at its end point.

For example I have a company with onsite Microsoft Exchange and a public facing IP address. The MX entries for this domain link to a system called Barracuda, for those that dont know  it is just a spam filter system, any mail sent in goes to barracuda, and assuming it is not spam it is then send to the external facing IP address of the company and into exchange. 

With a setup as above, is there a tool online that i can type the company domain into and have it trace the route to the exchange server and give me each IP result from each hop?

Thanks very much!!

A:Trace an Email to a receiving IP address

If you know the name of the email server, you can open up a command prompt and type in tracert mailservername. If you want to save the results to a file, type tracert mailservername > C:/path_to_where_you_want_to_save_file.txt.

If you don't know the name of their mail server, you can go to mxtoolbox.com and type in the company's domain name. It will return the name of the mailserver as listed in their DNS MX records.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551306/trace-an-email-to-a-receiving-ip-address/
Relevancy 73.53%

Previous to the new "Windows Live Mail 2011" when I double-clicked the button to 'send and receive' all emails, a window came up showing the progress of mail being sent and being received. NOW, that does not appear so how can I tell if it has finished and also if any steps were not successful? That little window does not even show if I hold my cursor over the email icon in the taskbar.

A:sending and receiving email notice

Bottom right, shows sending and receiving.
At the top, I hit home, then the send and receive icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/120160-sending-receiving-email-notice.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi. I have a POP email account through NameBargain which is not receiving any emails. I'm using the webmail.domain.com inbox that NameBargain provides.

The odd thing is it only stopped receiving emails about five days ago - up until then it had been working fine. It is also sending emails (although it's not sending any attachments).

I discovered this issue because I was trying to use this POP through a gmail inbox, and I wasn't receiving the verification email. I've tried sending the account multiple test emails, but no luck.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, and how this issue could be corrected? I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you!

A:POP email not receiving messages (NameBargain)

Recommend contacting NameBargain to: 1) see if there is a problem on there end, and if not, 2) see if they will help you resolve the problem:

[email protected]
1 877-324-3984

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/pop-email-not-receiving-messages-namebargain-1058986.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have set up Outlook to manage my comcast.net accounts. For the most part, Outlook is receiving the messages, but there are some messages that do not arrive in the Outlook Inbox but can be found in the comcast account inbox. I have not added any of those account names to any blocked list that I know of. I cannot find online a way to fix this problem, but obviously Outlook is not reliably receiving all my comcast email. Any thoughts for a fix? Thanks.

A:Problems receiving some email messages

double check that your settings are all perfect...

post back when your 100%

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-receiving-some-email-messages-212005.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I filled out a form on my computer that I received as an attachment in my gmail account.  I want to email the completed form back to the email address of the person who emailed it to me.  I downloaded the form onto my pc.  I've tried to copy/paste the completed form into the reply box but have not been able to.  I also went under "File" and selected "Send To" and then "Mail Recipient", but when I click "Mail Recipient" I don't get any kind of message saying that the computer sent anything or not.  I use XP Home o/s and Firefox browser.  Thanks for any replies.

A:Can't figure out how to email a form I filled out I received as an attachment

when you are in your google account, compose a new message, and click on the small paper clip at the bottom of the page. this should allow you to add an attachment.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501384/cant-figure-out-how-to-email-a-form-i-filled-out-i-received-as-an-attachment/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am having a problem with my Outlook 2003. I sent myself a test email and it comes back immediately like it is supposed to, however, it says 12:30 am, 6/1/08 when I sent it at 11:30 pm, 5/30/08.
Does anybody know what causes this problem or how to fix it?

A:Outlook 2003, Received email is one hour in the future

Why did you post this on two of the boards here? See:
http://74.55.96.66/vb/showthread.php?p=622529&posted=1#post622529

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-received-email-is-one-hour-in-the-future.105980/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'd like to forward copies of all the email in my inbox to another email address but retain the original received emails. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A:How do I forwarding a copy of received emails to another email address

If you are using Outlook, look here(pun intended)
How to Automatically Forward Email From Outlook | eHow.com

If not then what?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/258256-how-do-i-forwarding-copy-received-emails-another-email-address.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys not sure where to post this so thought here will do email unknown for Security Received code address. I just received an email about a security code for a random e-mail account I have never heard of I'm trying to figure out how I could have ended up getting this e-mail and if this means I need to change my passwords I got the below e-mail Redacted some details Thanks for helping us verify the Microsoft account Received Security code for unknown email address. XXXXXXX hotmail com Here is your code XXXXXThis is a verification code not a password If you didn't request this code someone else may know the password for XXXXXXXX hotmail com and have access to that account Click here to change your password Thanks The Microsoft account team The thing is I don't recognize the email address its talking about and I'm worried if there is a possibility that someone is perhaps trying some kind of back door to get into my account Given my hotmail account now ties in with my computer On Win there is the potential someone could lock me out of my computers Strangely today I also received a notification from Steam to verify what e-mail account I use So a little bit concerned at the moment I moved my steam account to G-mail which I have already set up with factor authentication so that is nice and secure But still worried about this email Do I need to worry about this Any advice as to what I could do to improve security for my Microsoft account Mattwizz

A:Received Security code for unknown email address.

"Pretty sure my system should be clean"Not quite Matt.Run both of these, in this order.1: Run AdwCleaner http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivi...http://www.softpedia.com/progScreen...How to download from Softpediahttp://i.imgur.com/BWELEfV.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/4luY3rU.gifhttp://www.raymond.cc/blog/adwclean...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...Author's sitehttp://general-changelog-team.fr/en...Tutorialhttp://general-changelog-team.fr/en...Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop. If your default download location is not the Desktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Clean.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please Copy & Paste the contents of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.2: Run Junkware Removal Toolhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/Securi...http://www.softpedia.com/progScreen...How to download from Softpediahttp://i.imgur.com/qO92huz.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/qzTUYkX.gifhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...http://thisisudax.blogspot.com.au/2...Download Junkware Removal Tool onto your Desktop. If your default download location is not the Desktop, drag it out of it's location onto the Desktop.Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Temporarily disable your antivirus and any antispyware real time protection before performing a scan.Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...http://www.techsupportforum.com/for... Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7/8, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator. The tool will open and start scanning your system. Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved onto your Desktop and will automatically open. Copy and Paste the contents of the JRT.txt log please.message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/received-security-code-for-unknown-email-address/1247.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I just purchases a new DELL desktop system that runs Windows 7 and the newest version of Windows mail. My ISP is Comcast. Since using this Windows mail, people with email accounts on verizon.net and optonline.net do not receive my email messages when sent thru Windows mail. If I send these people the same message thru Comcast webmail the message is received by these people. Email accounts on yahoo, gmail, and various other servers can receive the messages. This leads me to conclude that there is something that Windows mail is doing to the outgoing message that is causing it to be rejected by certain servers.

Has anyone heard of such an issue or have any idea what the issue might be?

A:Email messages sent via Windows Mail not received by certain domains

Quote: Originally Posted by jgriffel

I just purchases a new DELL desktop system that runs Windows 7 and the newest version of Windows mail. My ISP is Comcast. Since using this Windows mail, people with email accounts on verizon.net and optonline.net do not receive my email messages when sent thru Windows mail. If I send these people the same message thru Comcast webmail the message is received by these people. Email accounts on yahoo, gmail, and various other servers can receive the messages. This leads me to conclude that there is something that Windows mail is doing to the outgoing message that is causing it to be rejected by certain servers.

Has anyone heard of such an issue or have any idea what the issue might be?

IS anyone getting your outbound windows mail?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/189171-email-messages-sent-via-windows-mail-not-received-certain-domains.html