Windows Support Forum

receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

Q: receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a problem that I hope can be fixed I headset is up is that output Microphone audio receiving picking my just recently bought a new computer and I did not have the same issue on the old computer which was XP The one I have now is Windows bit home premium Same headset and everything Not using a sound card either just using an integrated one The problem I am having is this when talking to someone in Skype my microphone is somehow picking up any output audio that my headset is receiving For example when I m playing any game or listening to music and talking to someone they can hear everything that is happening with crystal clearness This was not happening on my old computer with the same headset So I m guessing it s a Windows thing but I have combed every option and I just don t know what to do They say it sounds like I m not even using a headset at all and people tell me to turn off my speakers and put on my headset all the time when this isn t the case It s not because my sound is on max either if I have the sound at they hear it at the exact same level on top of listening to me talk I have combed tons of forums and even found another thread with the same issue but it was outdated from years ago and no fixes for Windows I realllly need some help Any is appreciated nbsp

A:Microphone is picking up output audio that my headset is receiving

Right click the speaker Icon and select playback devices>>>Communications>>>Mute all other sounds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-is-picking-up-output-audio-that-my-headset-is-receiving.176509/
Relevancy 33.97%

Different spec card.

I sent one of my 280x in for RMA which matched my other 280X. This is what I received in return

GPUZ
Compare at default clocks, shaders, bandwidth, ROPs/TMU's, Texture Fillrate, DirectCompute 5.0.

This is the card I received back from RMA.
This is my other 280X card which the one I sent in match.
In order to run this card at advertised MSI 280x clocks. I have to overclock the card..

Here's the specifications for this card. http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#hero-specification

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-rma-one-card-received-a-underclocked-and.212616/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm using broadband connection. I also having same problem with my internet. 0 receiving packets. But it is only for Ethernet socket 1, and other 2,3,4 are working. So I think it is a technical problem in that socket.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...but-not-receiving-on-lan.176134/#post-1415991

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packet-sending-but-not-receiving-on-lan.203897/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,
I gave my external hard drive to a friend but his laptop didn't recognize it. after getting it back, I connected it to my laptop but it didn't show up in disk management at all. the drive is receiving power since the light is on. I felt the drive upon connecting to laptop and noticed it tries multiple times to rotate the magnetic disk but in the end it come to a stop and nothing after that. I think my friend's laptop somehow damaged my drive since I'm sure it's a hardware problem.
So, I was wondering maybe any of you guys have an idea how to fix it if possible otherwise, I'd like to know if I can recover the data without spending for the experts?
Thanks

A:WD external drive receiving power but not working

Hey armmzd. Sure sounds like a drive gone bad, and assuming you know it was good when you gave it to him,maybe it was dropped,etc. All I can suggest is going to the drive manufacturer's site and see if they have a drive diagnostic tool you can try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-receiving-power-but-not-working.198974/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a Dell PC that is connected to my router via ethernet cable. When I power up my pc it connects to the internet fine and then at random points just loses connection. It is still sending & receiving packets when it is in this state. The only way I can regain connection is to shut down & reboot. It used to be absolutely fine and has only started doing this in the last month & it driving me crazy. I have AVG installed and have tried disabling firewall but still happens. I have a laptop that connects to the internet wirelessly and this is fine and is still connected when my pc isn't.

A:Sending & receiving packets but no internet connection

Interesting, as wired connections are usually more reliable.

Investigate the Control Panel->Power settings and ensure that you do not permit "Allow windows to turn this device off" (apologies, not certain on the wording here).

Also go to Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt->Device Mgmt
expand [+] Network adapters
find yours & double click to get properties->Power Management Tab
clear [ ] Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sending-receiving-packets-but-no-internet-connection.194558/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 32.68%

I m hoping to get some help on this because I ve spent hours and hours during the last days trying to fix this problem on my own No luck Please I m trying to connect to a public wifi network at home on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad and while it shows that the computer none but Unidentified network. Packets No access. internet set received. is connected to the network it shows quot unidentified network no internet access quot and I Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access. m unable to go online My housemate has a Mac laptop and it connects without any problems When I go to quot Wireless Network Connection Status quot it shows that packets have been sent but received Operating System is Windows bit This is what I get from the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dasha-THINK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecbc a a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- F- - - E-BB-C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-BB-C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes As you can the default gateway is blank I run McAfee and I already tried disabling the firewall and then uninstalling McAfee thinking it s the cause of my problem but nothing changed When I try to ping I get lost and packets sent and received I hope someone will be kind enough to offer some ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.161.62(Preferred)Click to expand...

that's the problem - - not attached to your router.
"Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed" is typically the reason.

save the attached file to disk and rename by removing the .TXT suffix

double click and allow the change.

disconnect the ethernet cable, wait 30 seconds and then reattach it

+30 seconds more and repeat the IPCONFIG /ALL

you should see Note Type hybrid and a real IP address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-packets-set-but-none-received-no-internet-access.193127/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey y all I was wondering if any of you had any idea why when I ping google com in terminal I get no response I am running ubuntu I get Code ping -c -t google com PING google com bytes of data --- google com ping statistics --- packets transmitted received packet packets receiving Not loss time ms and ifconfig Not receiving packets says Code eth Link encap Ethernet HWaddr fd inet addr Bcast Mask inet addr fe ff fe fd Scope Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU Metric RX packets errors dropped overruns frame TX packets Not receiving packets errors dropped overruns carrier collisions txqueuelen RX bytes GB TX bytes MB Interrupt Base address x lo Link encap Local Loopback inet addr Mask inet addr Scope Host UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU Metric RX packets errors dropped overruns frame TX packets errors dropped overruns carrier collisions txqueuelen RX bytes MB TX bytes MB virbr Link encap Ethernet HWaddr inet addr Bcast Mask UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU Metric RX packets errors dropped overruns frame TX packets errors dropped overruns carrier collisions txqueuelen RX bytes B TX bytes KB I can ping my local device with success Right now I am on a college campus where I do not have access to the router Help Thanks nbsp

A:Not receiving packets

127.0.0.1 is the loopback interface (LO) and by definition, it is only useful for interprocess connection from
one app to another on the same box.

The normal interface (eth0) looks reasonable but what is this?
virbr0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00

did you manually create this? DOWN this interface and ping 8.8.8.8 should work.

if you issue /sbin/route you will see the routing table;
use /sbin/route >myRoutes.txt to capture that information.

The eth0 link should have an address that is in the same subnet as your
default route

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-receiving-packets.184572/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 32.68%

Last week we downloaded "log me in" so the physicians in our group could access charts using WIFI. Now everytime a fax comes in, as soon as it begins to print, the fax clicks, the router buzzes and the computer reboots.So we plugged the fax into a separate power line but the same phone line. Problem continued. Disabled "log me in" but computer still rebooted after fax began to print. The only difference is the router did not buzz. Can anyone help us?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots-after-receiving-fax.183284/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have been searching many posts and still cannot solve this problem
after formatting the computer and installing windows xp, all the drivers had to be installed. The ethernet driver was installed as well and it says network is connected.

But the problem is that it is sending packets slowly but not receiving any at all.
A wireless modem is connected to the router and it is working, it's just the LAN that does not work.

I have already tried
-turning on 'obtain ip address automatically' and DNS as well.
-resetting the router
-release and renew ip address from cmd
-turning off firewall

says dhcp is enabled in ipconfig

And i am wondering if having 00-00-00-00-00-00 as the physical address is normal.
Please answer this problem!!

A:Packet sending but not receiving on LAN

Davedave123 said:

But the problem is that it is sending packets slowly but not receiving any at all.Click to expand...

How did you check? Did you try to copy a file from a network share?

Davedave123 said:

A wireless modem is connected to the router and it is working, it's just the LAN that does not work.Click to expand...

I'm assuming it is a wireless LAN adapter attached to the pc. And it successfully connected to the network. Is this correct?

Can you run "ipconfig /all" with only wired connection and paste the results here. And do the same with only wireless connection.
Can you ping the ip address of the router?
Also check the device manager, make sure there are no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packet-sending-but-not-receiving-on-lan.176134/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 42.57%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 41.71%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Cheap Office Build

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-office-build.136843/
Relevancy 31.82%

Please move this thread if it is in the using Accessing Knoppix: HDD error receiving wrong section Long story short I ve been trying to recover some files off my hard drive using the bootable OS Knoppix after other options to recover the files have failed I used the tutorial quot How to recover your folders files when Windows won t boot quot I d l the Knoppix iso and verified the hash sum value so I got the file okay it seems like I burned the iso and booted into Knoppix just fine but when I tried accessing the faulty drive I got the error Unable to mount device Error org freedesktop Hal Device Volume UnknownFailure So I thought I was screwed but then I tried accessing my other internal drive that is operating just fine and I got the same error I am able to mount flash drives just fine I m not sure what to do Is there a problem with the burn I tried two different Knoppix discs and both had the same problem Any help would be great Either to resolve this problem or to try something else to recover my files Here is my original post to see all the things I have tried to recover the files http www techspot com vb topic html post nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-hdd-using-knoppix-receiving-error.134544/
Relevancy 39.99%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just built a computer the other day and I plugged in the monitor to find a little screen that said "No Signal". I don't have an OS installed on it yet and was expecting to see a BIOS screen. I'm using an Acer monitor, an Athlon II 2.8Ghz processor, ECS A780GM-A Ultra MOBO, 2GB ram, 450 Watt PSU, and an old ATA cable HDD . I have plugged the monitor into other computers, and it works great. I've tried hooking the computer to other monitors, and hooked an SATA HDD with no success. I don't have any optical drives hooked up yet. Can someone tell me how to fix this.

A:Monitor not receiving a signal

Reset the bios. This may be a video card issue as well. Borrow a PIC-e Video card from someone and try using it, see if the monitor turns on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-receiving-a-signal.134177/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi

I keep getting the following message on power-up:-

Your Nvidia graphics card is not receiving sufficient power. As a result the graphics card has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operation.

My system specs are as follows

Gainward BLISS 7800GS AGP
Driver date 07/10/2008
Driver version 6.14.11.7824

M/B Asus A7N8X 2.0 Deluxe with XP2500

2 x1mb sticks OCZ PC3200 ram

500 watt OCZ Stealth X Stream psu

Ok it?s not the newest system in the world?haha?but it does me.

The psu is brand new and I got the same message on a Hiper 580 psu.

Any ideas. I?ve searched the web but could not find a single answer that was specific to my problem without the psu being at fault.

ps..The card is connected direct to the psu via a 6 pin connector.

A:Gainward 7800GS not receiving sufficient power message

Hiper not so good... Try installing another power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-7800gs-not-receiving-sufficient-power-message.129646/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 22.36%

What are you going to use the work Build office Cheap Comp - PC Comp Build - Cheap office work for - Browsing and office work MS or If possible also Comp Build - Cheap office work run Battlefield and Age of Empires How much is your budget - Lets say below sterling but the cheaper the better Where are you located aka fill out your profile - England Are you willing to buy online - Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build - Nvidia GeForce graphics card a DVD reader and DVD re-writer i ll provde specs if needed monitor gb ram DDR Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others - nope Have you already bought any parts - nope I have posted my previous problems in some other threads I wont go into it but I would like to know if it was feasile to save the new HD I bought This is supposed to be a completely new build so case is also needed nbsp

A:Comp Build - Cheap office work

Is the 6800 PCI-Express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-build-cheap-office-work.124104/
Relevancy 41.71%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 31.82%

I was on world of warcraft playing the game fine all the sudden my screen had a flash of red and It seemed the computer froze I restarted the computer via the power button Computer was running fine So i reopen world of warcraft as soon as i got to the loading screen my monitor had the flash of red again I restarted to computer this time I tried to turn the computer back on the monitor wasn t recieving any any signal receiving Dell signal Monitor not I tried several more times and same thing I tried wiggling taking Dell Monitor not receiving signal the cord in and out and still nothing Also to add Every time it boots its goes into sleep mode after telling me it isn t getting a signal from my computer So Dell Monitor not receiving signal I doubt it is my cable I have also now tried different monitors and cables This computer is about years old Its a Dell xps and has been working fine intil now nbsp

A:Dell Monitor not receiving signal

Have you tried reinstalling the video drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-not-receiving-signal.123699/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello x1300 Code Message receiving Error 12 Radeon All First let me apologize if this topic has been hit before but I can t seem to quite find the answer I m looking for And second I apologize for being ignorant when it comes to computers I basically know enough to be dangerous to myself and my system My wife recently Radeon x1300 receiving Code 12 Error Message bought me some video games for our computer one of which is Call of Duty I currently have a Dell Dimension w Pentium at ghz running Windows XP Professional I also have G of RAM But the game wouldn t play So I purchased the VisionTek ATI Radeon x PCI card I only have PCI slots two of which are being used memory upgrade and a sound card Of course installation never works the way it should I followed the instructions physically installed the card and installed the drivers from the included CD And nothing Under the device manager I disabled the built-in Intel graphics chip But my x Card has a Code Error Message - basically stating there is not enough free resources to run my card I tried walking through the Troubleshooting Wizard and got to the point where I am to find conflicting devices and try to reconfigure This is where I get really confused I guess my first question is it really worth all the hassle to play a few games Right now it s not in my budget to spend for a new computer so I was hoping would hold me over And if it is worth my time any recommendations suggestions on how to fix this problem Has anybody else encountered this problem with this card Thanks for your help I really appreciate it Steve nbsp

A:Radeon x1300 receiving Code 12 Error Message

Of course, installation never works the way it should. I followed the instructions, physically installed the card and installed the drivers from the included CD. And nothing. Under the device manager, I disabled the built-in Intel graphics chip. But my x1300 Card has a Code 12 Error Message - basically stating there is not enough free resources to run my card. I tried walking through the Troubleshooting Wizard, and got to the point where I am to find conflicting devices and try to reconfigure. This is where I get really confused.Click to expand...

A disabled device still consumes resources!
You should look through the Dell documentation as i'm guessing you probably have an onboard graphics card and you need to disable the card in BIOS (not Device Manager)
BIOS is your kind of "system configuration chip" that dicates much of what follows. Generall, to entery your BIOS you must reboot. Immediately and during the Dell flash screen after powering up, start tapping F2 to get into the BIOS setup screen. BE CAREFUL OF CHANGING ONLY THOSE SETTINGS YOU ARE SURE OF
Browse through the pages of setup options and you're likely one that allows you to enable/disable the onboard (or they may call it "integrated") graphics card. DISABLE it

See this MS KB133240 as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x1300-receiving-code-12-error-message.122894/
Relevancy 40.85%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 42.14%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

Can someone help me with this. I've almost decided on these parts and I think they would be suitable for a basic office and internet pc(i've had a bit of a look and can't see why they wouldn't be). I would just like a second opinion. I already have the screen, a keyboard and mouse. just need the actual system. All the prices are from pcmaniacs.com.au

Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet 450w SLI PSU 135mm Fan $55.00
Corsair Value Select PC5300 (667) 2048Mb/2Gb Module $55.00
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz AM2 Dual Core Retail Box $89.00
Coolermaster Elite 341 mATX $49.00
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2 $89.00
Samsung HD161HJ 160Gb 8Mb SATA II $69.00
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM $135.00

$541.00
+ $45 postage.
Total $586

Going for xp home as i'm on a very tight budget and each dollar counts. Hence the cheap parts and small hdd.

thanks in advance. Any comments would be appreciated.

A:Basic PC for office work, will this be good enough?

Yes, it will be fine.
But there are much larger hard drives available for less money. Look at Directron.com, ZipzoomFly.com, and NewEgg.com
Consider a Seagate first, or a Western Digital over the Samsung if the price is close enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/basic-pc-for-office-work-will-this-be-good-enough.120204/
Relevancy 42.57%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-email.117979/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a very strange problem that I have not been able to correct...I have an office network with 3 computers. We can access every internet site with no problem except the company website. This problem also continues into our outlook. We cannot use outlook to check our work email which also uses the same domain as the company website. From computers outside of the office we can access our website and webmail fine.

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem only on the three computers in my office?

A:Office Network Problem

with three systems having the same problem, suspect the gateway router and/or the server firewall itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-network-problem.117983/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-and-email-knowledge-lacking.112499/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a computer at home that will not receive any packets. I have researched and researched this problem and have had no luck. I have tried to run the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. When I use renew it says that the DHCP server is unavailable. I ahve checked the router and made sure that the lease for the computer does not expire. I will tell you that xp has been assigning a private ip of 169.254.***.***. Any help will be greatley appreciated.

A:No Connection (not receiving packets)

Have a read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=664170#post664170

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-connection-not-receiving-packets.112925/
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-video-email-marketing.111123/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I am helping a family member setup a network and need help.

the setup is as follows

Store "A"
Store "B"
"Main office"

He wants to let Store A & B use the main sale software which is located in the Main Office. How can we do this, should I just setup a VPN for both stores so that they can login to the main office or would I need a back-end server. Thanks

A:Setting up branch office need professional ITs

And they are in the same building or contiguous?

I would to with the VPN... unless there are a lot of computers, meaning more than 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-branch-office-need-professional-its.109097/
Relevancy 33.11%

So Modem is drops call made/received a whenever I have been having issues with my internet service ever since I ve moved to my new house At first my internet did not work at all until SBC finally did something on their end and got my net up a few weeks after it was suppose to be up Well ever since it s been up a few months now whenever I receive or make a call my internet will just drop and then return a few seconds later No big deal but when your playing online games it really becomes a bother I only have one phone and it s connected to a filter in my kitchen and my modem is connected Modem drops whenever a call is made/received to the phone jack inside of my room on a two way split filter At first I thought the issue may have been a faulty filter so I switched the filters around and still no difference - I high doubt that all three spare filters I have would be faulty but I suppose that could be a possibility Alright then I went and decided that since I just moved into this house the internal wiring might be bad so I went around and checked all the phone jacks and took them apart to see if all the wires seemed to be connected correctly Seemed okay but I still cleaned and Modem drops whenever a call is made/received striped and reconnected some wires that looked suspicious After all that work Still no difference Same DC when phone call was made Then I decided to do one last test I connected my modem and phone directly up to my NID on a splitter After a bit all the lights on my modem turned green and I was able to use the net I thought that since the setup was hooked up directly to the NID that would bypass all possible faulty wiring within the house but when I made a call the connection still drops WTH Also I noticed that only the red and green wires were connected within my NID but NOT the black and yellow ones I know that those are for secondary output and input but do or should they matter It also doesn t seem to matter whether I used an ethernet cord or wireless because the DSL light itself goes red and it doesn t seem as if it s wireless amp phone signals interfering with each other Well I m fresh out of ideas anyone want to give me some ideas Laptop HPDV connected wirelessly - Vista Custom Built Desktop connected wirelessly - XP SP SBC Yahoo DSL mps kbs Wire HG-B Router Modem nbsp

A:Modem drops whenever a call is made/received

call SBC and have them check sounds like the telephone line has problems, explain to them exactly what it is doing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-drops-whenever-a-call-is-made-received.109523/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 42.57%

I know it probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway. I got an email to 'Test' and 'Keep' a Dell XPS laptop. So what kind of scam is it?

A:Email Scam?

DON'T OPEN! If its not malware,it's a sales scam. Just label it spam and drive on.....Don

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-scam.102864/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have replaced my CD burner twice because of this. Now I wonder if it was really a hardware error. When I try to burn a file onto my CD/DVD burner I get the message that the disk is Read Only. Actually it is an empty, clean, new Verbatim CD. Also receive the same message for new Memorex CD. This occurs when I use the drag-to-disk feature of Roxio 9. Any ideas?

A:"Read Only" message received for new CD-R

Have you tried Drag to Disc feature in Windows (ie open my Computer-> and drag to the CD drive)

Also have you tried re-installing Roxio

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/read-only-message-received-for-new-cd-r.100481/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all So I have a fairly new system that my friend put together for me last month It has been working fine up until this morning when I booted it up and the monitor stayed in sleep mode The rest of the computer seems to be running fine as in lights fans etc I opened it up and made sure everything was connected Also tried to boot with only one stick of RAM in Any suggestions Monitor receiving signal not on what this could be Specs AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor GHZ MB W Socket AM ASUS M A ATX AM AMD Monitor not receiving signal DDR PCI-E PCI-E PCI SATA RAID Sound Motherboard OCZ Gold XTC PC - GB X GB DDR - CL - - - PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit Seagate Monitor not receiving signal Barracuda GB Hard Drive SATA RPM MS MB Cache YR MFR Warranty Western Digital Caviar SE GB SATA RPM MB MS Hard Drive Year MFR Warranty Coolermaster Real Power W ATX V V SLI Active PFC PLUS Power Supply MM Fan And I beleive the video card which I got from my friend is a Nvidia GeForce GS Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor not receiving signal

Try booting from a Cold Boot to SAFE MODE by pressing the <F8> key once per second as soon as you press the on button.
If you get something on the screen is safe mode, the problem is likely in the Video graphics socket or the video graphics driver.
Alternately, bring in a regular known working CFT monitor to see if you have a signal there.
You know it is probably either a monitor or a video graphics card, but still there can be a memory problem or a hard drive error that will cause this problem.
Until you know more, both the nVidia GeForce 7600 GS and the monitor are suspects.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-receiving-signal.98640/
Relevancy 19.78%

I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

A:IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-t20-thinkpad-type-2647-92u-wont-boot-my-ms-office-2005-cd.96257/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi ive read lots of posts on how to fix this proplem and tried alomost all off them and HELP!! packets receiving connected but no yet HELP!! connected but no receiving packets they didnt work for me my problem is that im not receiving and packets it says im connected and cable is working as tried it on other computer also the router and modem are work because the other three computers are working two of those are HELP!! connected but no receiving packets connected by a wire and the other being a laptop is wireless Ive released and renew ed my connection This has been happening for sometime now and some how it worked two days ago and now once again isn t Anyone for some words of wisdom would be muchly CHEERED ipconfig all windows IP configuration Host name BIG-G-HOME Primary dns suffix Node type Mixed Ethernet adapter local area connection connection-specific DNS suffic Description NVIDIA nForce networking controller Physical address - -d - - a-a Dhcp enabled Yes Autoconfiguration enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP adress Subnet Mask Default gateway Thankyou Dom nbsp

A:HELP!! connected but no receiving packets

When U installed the Driver, did you also install the NVidia Firewall {it comes as part of the Driver, but you have the option of installing it}.

Also, what Security are you using ?

Can you PING the Router?

START/RUN/ type CMD and type PING ip add of router

Looking at it again - the default gateway... thats an unusual IP for a router, generally 10.1.1.1 , 192.168.1.0 , 192.168.1.1 ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-connected-but-no-receiving-packets.93607/
Relevancy 41.28%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 32.68%

I went away to college and I never had a problem using my cable land line at home. I got here and it is an ethernet land line and when I plug the cable into the jack then into my computer and enable it, it will connect and send packets but not receive any(yes I tried different cables) and to no surprise I am getting very little help from the IT people around here. I was wondering if any of you possibly knew how to fix this problem because I don't think it is my card because it is doing the same thing for my laptop which is running a completely different card, and again I have had connected through a cable land line for nearly a year.

thanks.

A:sending not receiving

here you go. the WiFi here is working, but I need the land line to work and it is not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sending-not-receiving.85739/
Relevancy 32.25%

The LOcal area conncection status is connected. But able to send packets not receiving any packets. I have checked the cable, AV disabled.

A:Sending packets but not receiving

Can you please provide some more info? Are you connected to a router? Are you trying to access the internet? If you are using a router, have you verified that the router is able to access the internet?

As much info as you can provide would be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sending-packets-but-not-receiving.82431/
Relevancy 32.25%

I've done many methods for this problem.

-Disconnect each drive and try one at a time
-Use new ribbon cable
-Switch from CS to MASTER on HARDDRIVE

The last method I have done was, resetting CMOS through jumper. Did the usual method and booted PC. Voila! It worked. So I shut down the computer and boot it back up. I am now stuck on BIOS again while Detecting IDE Drives. Also, I hear a clicking sound from the PC. What's going on?

A:Still Receiving Detecting IDE drives

The clicking sound is nearly always the sound of a hard drive dying... if it is a Maxtor or Western Digital or Hitachi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-receiving-detecting-ide-drives.82243/
Relevancy 32.25%

O k I just bought the Receiving Signal Monitor Not following Case APEVIA ASP X-QPACK -BK RT Monitor Not Receiving Signal PSU w came with case Hard drive G WD K M SATA WD AAJS CD Drive COMBO LITEON SHC- S K- SATA BK Motherboard ABIT AN-M nView AM Processor AMD A X W AM M R Memory Gx A-DATA ADQVE A K R Video Card XFX PVT JUDF GT MB R --------------------------------------- My background Build systems Computer Programmer Fixed a lot of computers in the past The gist of it all Ok I got the parts days ago I put it all together and the system booted up fine First thing i did was change some bio s settings CDrom first boot Changed the splash screen to none Next I popped in Win XP Pro SP Install started out fine when the computer needed to reboot it did and for some reason the monitor didn t come on I held down the power button and tried again Nothing Things I thought was the problem but isn t -- Reset the CMOS to see if that would fix the problem and didn t work Power supply I tried different PSU s and neither of them worked for it One of them was bigger w the other one was a w Video Card Tried different PCI-E VC s in it same thing monitor wasn t receiving any signal Ram I bought sticks of ram tried one at a time still nothing I don t have any other DDR ram to try so I ran out of testing on that First system with DDR ram I removed the ram to see if the motherboard would do its Beeps It did nothing Monitor Tested it with the computer I m using now and another one that has been using it Works fine Processor Checked out the processor no burns on it looks normal Motherboard All looks normal checked it out hard core -- When installing all hardware I made sure to be grounded and static free So thats where I m at I have no idea what I m missing My guess is its the motherboard but I wouldn t think it would be I hope I gave enough information gt gt Any help would be great Thank You Icy nbsp

A:Monitor Not Receiving Signal

bump -------------------^

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-receiving-signal.81910/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi up setting medical a in help a office in need small network I just started my own office and would like to set u a network in the office I have setup networks mostly wireless at home I woud like to setup a hybrid network office will have one server about desktops printer scanner and one laptop i am setting up asterix pbx need help in setting up a network in a small medical office a friend is helping with that and voip phones have to run wires across rooms would like to have wireless networking for laptop use I have zyxel mimo router and plan to extend it by adding a switch I need a basic idea about how to run wires have to run wires across - rooms my understanding is that i need one cable for each computer So if i have a printer and computer in a room-- i would need to run two cables from two ports---right also need help with which cable to use cat cat e what other equipment do I need thanks appreciate your help much christy nbsp

A:need help in setting up a network in a small medical office

Basically the rule of thumb is one cable per device. I would use cat5e for this type of setup as it will give you room for expansion as cat5e is gigabit ethernet capable (assuming growth is always good instead of re-wiring infrastructure). This is the cable most often used in fast ethernet setups (100MBps).

Also keep in mind that the maximum length you can use for the cabling is 100M or your going to run into some serious issues.

You also need to use different ethernet cable types for the devices. For Example - If you go from Router to a computer, you use straight through. If you go from router to switch, you also use a straight through. The only time you connect devices using a crossover cable, is like devices. Ex - switch to switch, router to router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-setting-up-a-network-in-a-small-medical-office.81112/
Relevancy 42.57%

My husbands aunt has dial up, we set her email account up but now several months later it is telling her that someone else has that account and she is unable to send email, this is the 2nd time this has happened. How can this be fixed so it doesn't happen again?

A:email conflict in msn

Hi Twinkletla1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say what email provider you have, if its with an ISP or with one such as MSN hotmail, Your thread title mentions MSN so I'll hazard a guess that she either hasnt used in for more than once in 30 days and as such the account has been shut down, this is to prevent unused accounts cluttering up the MSN server and filling with junk mail.

To keep a hotmail account active you have to login regularly, about once a fortnight at least.

If its another provider than please post back and let us know.

Whilst your here could you do me the honour of reading the threads below It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-conflict-in-msn.79168/
Relevancy 42.57%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 19.35%

Which company or software are good and fast. To let me use my office computer from home. thank you.

A:Which site or software that will let me use my office computer from home computer

It would be the software that your work system administrator allows you to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-site-or-software-that-will-let-me-use-my-office-computer-from-home-computer.75478/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-for-email-trace.74023/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about buying a surge suppressor for a small office. A recent electrical storm took out at least one power supply in my dad's office, so I'm thinking we should get a surge suppressor installed. There are five desktops in the office, each consuming on average 300W, I'm assuming. There are also two laptops probably consuming at most 150W.

There is already a UPS serving most of the computers, but that doesn't hold them for very long, as it probably isn't meant to power as many computers as it is. Anyway, I wanna talk to my dad about installing a dedicated surge suppressor. What brand, or better yet, model, should we be getting? I know nothing about surge suppressors.

Regards and thanks for any replies

A:Surge suppressor/protector for small office

Tripp, and APC are both good brands, andthe thing to look for it not just surge suppressors and battery backups but ones that have AVR (Auto Voltage regulator) capabilities. brown outs and such can be just as damaging as power outs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surge-suppressor-protector-for-small-office.73354/
Relevancy 41.71%

It just happend a week ago Internet became terribly slow many websites - about of them - don t load at all page not found and I can t send Email - only recieve MSN Messenger either connects or not it depends if it feels like doing so In addition Start- gt Run- gt cmd- gt ipconfig had displayed quot ipconfig quot is load, Email don't can't Websites send not recognized as an external or internal command and something with a Websites don't load, can't send Email batch file I was fixed by going to My Computer- gt Properties- gt Advanced- gt Enviroment Variables- gt Path and editing Websites don't load, can't send Email it to c windows system Before changing it had been something with Quicktime which was fully uninstalled afterwards My Specs AMD X GTX Extreme MB DFI LanParty Ultra-D OCZ GB X - - - WD GB RPM ENERMAX Watt DMark Using NOD Sygate Firewall Adaware Regvac Registry Mechanic Tuneup Utilities Whats the problem I ve tried uninstalling the Ethernet drivers and reinstalling didn t work My computer is virus and spyware-free and well-protected What could go wrong nbsp

A:Websites don't load, can't send Email

refer to this tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/websites-dont-load-cant-send-email.71253/
Relevancy 36.12%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 22.36%

Here is the found connect account Windows domain cannot (2003)...computer to not back story I am at a school with a NT domain server We bought a new SP server We have two IP ranges Our old configuration had static IP address with DNS servers located at the Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found district that was referenced in the TCP IP properties I set up the new server with roles It has an Active Directory It is a DHCP server I have machines The DHCP has a superscope with scopes within the superscope Each scope has a range of IP address and the exceptions for the server printers et cetera It also is a DNS server that quot listens to all IP addresses quot instead of listen to the quot following IP addresses quot However on the listen to the following IP addresses I put in it s own IP address The DNS server also has forwarders to the district DNS servers The last role is as a File Share I have connected about computers just fine Everything is working good however I am now getting sporadic computers that can t log on I get this message Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found Please try again later Click to expand The computers are still on the server If I re-add the client machine to the domain everything is fine--for now This has been happening to xp machines It has happened times now and I am worried about a continual problem or a major problem around the corner Are there any ideas on what is causing this I have read up a little bit about SID problems but I am not that literate yet I am wondering if I set something up wrong failed to set something up or if there is an entirely different reason Could it be because the computers are still on the NT directory I have not taken off the NT active directory yet or added the NT server to the server I also have an independent server for the library and a server for a special ed room and program No one at the district can help I am out of ideas I am getting really worried that I did something wrong I can t fix I am not an expert I am in the very beginning stages of my MCSA training nbsp

A:Windows cannot connect to domain (2003)...computer account not found

I would look at the network before you look at the OS, when it happens see if you can ping the server by name and IP, also look in the event viewer of the machine and see if there is anything showing up in there.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-cannot-connect-to-domain-2003-computer-account-not-found.63556/
Relevancy 41.28%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey everyone new here and appreciate any Need help FROM with NOT RECEIVING LAN assistance you can give me I have windows xp home edition on my main computer Need help with NOT RECEIVING FROM LAN I am trying to add my wife s laptop windows Need help with NOT RECEIVING FROM LAN pro onto the Sprint High Speed modem DSL I picked up a Hawking card for the laptop as it did not have a card already I also picked up an SMC Ethernet Unmanaged Switch port mbps I did the install of the Card into the laptop and did the driver installs that were on the install CD I hooked up my Switch sales guy at Microcenter said that is what i needed and I get my normal computer onto the internet just fine I am trying to get the laptop onto the internet When I check network setting properties it shows that the card is working properly BUT it is sending data but NOT RECEIVING data I don t have a network at home I just tried to plug the DSL into slot computer A into slot and laptop into slot Computer A is working great laptop not connecting to the internet What do I need to do to get this laptop to connect to the internet Do i need a router instead of a switch Will the switch do it Please be as detailed as possible I ve been up all night trying to figure this thing out and have no idea what else to do besides toss the laptop out the window Thanks everyone Chad nbsp

A:Need help with NOT RECEIVING FROM LAN

dojosensei said:

I picked up a Hawking 10/100 card for the laptop as it did not have a card already. I also picked up an SMC Ethernet Unmanaged Switch 5 port 10/100mbps.

What do I need to do to get this laptop to connect to the internet? Do i need a router instead of a switch? Will the switch do it?Click to expand...

Sorry Chad, you should use a ROUTER, not a switch. The primary features you
get are NAT protection of the LAN side systems and DHCP to manage the IP
settings. Without BOTH of these, you have to manage all the systems yourself
AND get multiple IP addresses from your ISP. The router will simplify your life
significantly

Just to round out your knowledge of LANs, you can purchase a WiFi Router now,
ignore the WiFi setup and just hardware whatever you have. Then later when/if
you get a laptop, you can get into the router and enable the WiFi.

see this post for some pro/con on routers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-not-receiving-from-lan.60192/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have verizon DSL, and a westell wirespeed modem

the thing is, that my computer sends out packets, but receives them VERY slowly. Sites time out before they connect

the thing is, that if I connect from my router, my internet works, but it won't work through the modem. (it is much faster if I go through the modem.)

anybody know what I should do?

A:my internet is sending but not receiving packets

here is a picture

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-is-sending-but-not-receiving-packets.26391/
Relevancy 32.25%

Router Belkin Cable DSL Gateway Router F D uk O S Win XP home service pack on all pc s Network Card Realtek RTL family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Cable Modem PC s P ghz mb Ram Router - Subnet - Gateway - DNS - Firewall switched off Wired Network Setup PC a -- PC b -- Router - Cable - Internet PC c -- Network use All PC s to have internet access Connecting PC A is fine and working at full When tryin to connect PC s B and C i seem to have the same problem on both Both Network cards LED light is on so the connection is fine with receiving Network ???? router, PC's not but both PC s cannot recieve from the router Network with router, PC's not receiving ???? They are able to send with no problems I have tried default settings of automatic IP and DNS settings in the TCP IP properties with DHCP but both computers cannot find the network The connection said - quot Limited or no connection quot After seeing this i manually put in the IP s subnet mask gateway and DNS When doing this the connection switched to quot connected quot i thought great its worked But the PC was sending and not receiving still Ive tried a whole host of things to get it to work but no success I tried automatic settings in explorer network wizard resetting modem and router Ive even tried and tested the cables by unplugging the ones going into PC B and C and plugging them into a laptop and the laptop works fine it connects to the network and can browse the internet Ive run out of idea s of what the problem is why is PC A fine and the laptop also fine when using the same wires but PC B and C dont see the router Could it be something to do with the router settings Or something else nbsp

A:Network with router, PC's not receiving ????

Have a look at the attachment in post #5 by me here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17785

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-with-router-pcs-not-receiving.18267/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi. I have a small office network to set up for database but i dont know much about it.. im more on peer to peer network ( sharing files and printers from workgroups).

here is the current setup:

8 computers running MS XP pro media center edition. with internet connected in a wireless with 4 port router.

Planning to setup:

Install a server and create a domain which will connect the 8 workstations

I would like it to run only on Desktop server (Pentium 4 3.4 ghz, 1g memory, 250 sata hdisk, Mboard Built in lan, vidcard, sound).

which is better OS MS SBS 2003 or MS Win server 2003 standard edition SP1. if you can teach me a step by step setup how to create domain and connect workstations easy.

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it. tnanks

A:Setting up a small office network

maybe better to use apache
most addon's free
and or make a linux server box if you can handle linux
apache is on the disc

my server now runs apache ,linux
are you going to have website to??
if not just need to go to SBS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-office-network.54513/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all. I have a small office network to set up but im not TOTALLY sure how to go about it! I was hoping to iron out a few points on here.

As Im sure you'll ask for the details; here is the current setup:

4 computers running XP pro, networked together as a workgroup.

I am planning to install a server and create a domain.

The part where I am getting stuck is the email.

Basically, they all need email access, now Im wondering should I just set everyone up with outlook, or should I setup exchange server? - is exchange swerver useful in this situation or not?

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Dave

A:Help setting up a small office network

Truthfully in your situation I would just set up outlook and forget exchange. It will save you money and resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-small-office-network.53988/
Relevancy 23.22%

i need to get into the administrator account on this laptop.

i barely know any information about this computer.
i am on a limited account.

it is a dell inspiron 1100.
& i am using windows xp pro.

obviously, i need to get the password for the administrator account.

i would really apprececiate some help on this matter.
please & thanks.

A:I need into my administrator user account but don't have the password.

Ask the administrator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-into-my-administrator-user-account-but-dont-have-the-password.52618/
Relevancy 32.25%

Computer looks to be booting fine. I can hear the hard drive spin and the HDD light comes on (it comes on solid and doesn't flash though). Monitor never powers up though and stays in the sleep mode with the orange LED light. This happened out of the blue this morning when I turned on the computer. The onboard sound card died about 2 months ago and computer still worked fine. I know its not the video card, I have cycled through my old pci express cards. My question is do you guys think it?s the Mobo or the CPU. I don't have access to a testing kit and can't remember if the monitor ever fired with out a cpu socketed in the board. I just need to know which part to send in for the warranty and if anyone found a tweak to fix this problem. Thanks for the help guys!!

A:Monitor not receiving signal

ram going bad can cause the same problem. so you might ant to check your ram first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-receiving-signal.50488/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have setup my computer (WinXP Home) to have two user accounts. I've noticed that often (maybe always) whichever account is initially logged into when the computer is first booted up seems to be the only account from which the CD or DVD drives can be accessed. What can I do to correct this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-only-access-cd-drive-from-account-that-was-initially-logged-into.48724/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm looking for a way to trace a spammer, legally, with legal intent.
The isp would be great.
attatched is txt I've gotten already.
Thanks for any help.

A:Can yahoo email be traced?

if emails come to a mail client like thunderbird ot mozilla you can view the whole content
view message source
that may get you origin
thunderbird and mozilla only
I don't know bout IE or messenger

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-yahoo-email-be-traced.48254/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am using a linksys WRT54GS router to enable wireless internet. my second desktop computer is not receiving packets, and thus cannot access the internet. I've done ping tests, I cannot ping the 'bad' computer from my 'good' computer, and the 'bad' computer is only able to ping itself. The 2nd desktop (the 'bad' one) is able to connect to the router and my wireless network, but only has a "limited or no connection". There is also a lack of Defualt Gateway on the 'bad' computer as well as everything else (dns servers, etc). When i try to repair the connection, windows tells me it cannot complete the renewal of the ip adress.

any help is much appreciated.

A:2nd desktop not receiving packets

Mine did this and I turned of Windows Firewall and it worked fine. Just a guess though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-desktop-not-receiving-packets.47450/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello from newbie to this forum After searching threads I could not find solution for this particular and perplexing problem I have a small network as follows Winxp pc Win kpro pc G Mac All connected through SMC Barricade router which is connected to adsl modem Sprint The problem is that the Win pc has lost ability to connect to internet through any browser IE FF Moz Opera I can send and receive email use my ftp program to connect to remote servers and upload download files and can move files from my Mac to PC via Dave client software Here is what I have tried so far powered off everything then powered up modem router pc bypassed router hooked pc directly to modem disabled firewalls uninstalled reinstalled tcp ip uninstalled reinstalled nic replaced nic with known good one use internet, out email, ping can receive Cannot can access FTP, replaced cat cable I can access internet with the winxp computer Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out using it now I can ping from win computer to this computer and mac can ping router and modem from win pc can ping loopback and ip address from win pc ipconfig shows that I am being assigned an address all pcs on net have same subnet mask address I cannot ping the win pc from the mac or the winxp machine I have also run WinsockFix exe I have deep scanned with Norton for viruses I have run Adaware and MS spyware Still no joy I would appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out

May sound daft, but have you ran the Internet connection wizard, sometimes it just fixes things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-internet-can-receive-email-use-ftp-can-ping-out.46962/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello new to the board This just recently started happening btw I have a cable modem hooked up to a linksys router supplied by vonage An Apple Airport wireless router is also hooked up to said router I also have a rj- line hooked up to main pc Until recently I didn t have any problems connecting to the internet I disabled my on board sound card via the Sending Receiving not packets BIOS because Sending not Receiving packets I was installing a new sound card After that I could no Sending not Receiving packets longer connect to the internet The system tray shows that I am connected but upon further inspection I am only sending not receiving packets Thinking it was a software error I reinstalled Windows Same problem I know my router is ok because I have a mac that I use on it all the time via the rj- connection I typed ipconfig all in the command prompt and received what seemed to be a valid output I had a valid IP address for my router subnet mask default gateway etc Thinking my NIC was fried I tried connecting via a wireless connection No dice same thing Here are my system specs AMD Athlon XP MB RAM Nvidia Geforce GT Soundblaster Live Windows Pro My NIC is an Nvidia nForce ethernet controller I also tried reenabling my onboard sound card thinking that was problem but I still could not receive packets I can ping my ip but everytime I ping the router all of the packets are lost I even tried connecting directly to the modem Still nothing Any suggestions would be appreciated I am at work at the moment so I can t do anything physically with the system Thanks nbsp

A:Sending not Receiving packets

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Network-Tweak/WinSockFix.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sending-not-receiving-packets.45388/
Relevancy 43%

Following 2 re-installs of SBS2003 on my Dell 400SC server none of the workstations on our network are able to send emails via Exchange server.
The error message that keeps coming up is:-
"553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
I'm pretty sure this is just a setup issue but having searched several other forums there seems to be several opinions as to the cause of this error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All the workstations are running XP Pro (SP2) and using Outlook 2003 for email. :blackeye:

A:Email not being sent

Normally this would be an incorrect DNS configuration on a Windows Server. Check your event viewer. If there are DNS errors, you may want to resolve those first. If you DNS is clean, you still may want to use the IP address of your Mail Server instead of the domain name. Additionally, something I've run into in the past is some ISP's only allow sending of mail within so many seconds of POP3 authentication. I believe QWest does this. This is their way of preventing relaying but it screwed me up seeing how they provide our connectivity but my POP3 email is with another company that houses our domain so I never downloaded POP3 from Qwest. It could be that username and password authentication are required to get around this. I'm not sure where that setting is but I'll try to remember to look on my server at work tomorrow. If I find anything good, I'll let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-not-being-sent.43606/
Relevancy 22.36%

The doctor that I work for would like to install monitors in each treatment room of his clinic (4 rooms total) when going over x-rays with his patients. He mentioned that he had seen flat wall monitors in another doc's office and he really dug the 'coolness' factor that these monitors bring.

My question is: where do you get these monitors? Is this a tv that can be connected to a computer wirelessly or is it an actual computer monitor? Does anyone have any experience with setting these up? Thanks for your help in advance!

A:Hang up wall monitors for a doctor's office

It's just a plain LCD screen. The mounts on the back are standard, so you have to just buy wall mounts for them.
Some of them can accept video inputs from a VCR or cable box much like a projection monitor so you can watch TV or videos on them.

Stop by your local BestBuy or CompUSA...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hang-up-wall-monitors-for-a-doctors-office.42637/
Relevancy 31.82%

I haven't been able to find any information concerning this and I was hoping someone could help me. I've found posts and information on problems with not receiving packets but not with not sending packets. I'm connecting through a RCA broadband modem with Roadrunner cable service and a 3COM Etherlink NIC. When I start my computer, it never sends packets. I have to pull out the ethernet cable and replug it to reconnect. After a few tries, it'll connect. Occasionally my computer stops sending packets and I disconnect and I'll have to reconnect by unplugging and replugging the cable. What's the problem?

A:Computer receiving packets but not sending

that happened to me twice. my solution has always been to turn off both the modem and my router by disconnecting the power cable and then unpluging all connections. then i turn on my modem....after that is on and has a connection.........start the router....then finally restart of pc and plugging in the ethernet cable into the computer.

or just basically restarting everything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-receiving-packets-but-not-sending.41189/
Relevancy 33.11%

hello everyone this is my first post so i hope that i can explain myself well enough so you can help me i have a problem with my base unit i think the model is a acer aspire G specs after windows signal the screen the No monitor received by below AMD Athlon XP GHz Chipset Type NVIDIA nForce IGP MB RAM DDR SDRAM AGP - integrated Graphics Processor Vendor NVIDIA nForce IGP i am running windows xp home if you need me to provide anymore details No signal received by the monitor after the windows screen then i can try my best to get them for you essentially the problem is that i turn the computer on and the windows screen appears and No signal received by the monitor after the windows screen the computer boots up i think and after that the monitor loses signal and goes black the strange thing for me is that the desktop has still loaded i believe because to shut the computer down again i can use the start key on the keyboard and use the keyboard shortcuts to shut the computer down i have not dropped the computer at any point i transported it from university and back home and thats when it has developed this issue i have opened the box and all the cables seem to be secure on the motherboard but other than that my skills are limited im afraid i would be very gratful to any help that anyone can give me about this problem yours sincerly Mark Piotrowski nbsp

A:No signal received by the monitor after the windows screen

what about safe mode? if it does boot maybe you have wrong monitor refresrate setting? too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-received-by-the-monitor-after-the-windows-screen.39512/
Relevancy 30.96%

I've recently built a machine and whenever I boot up, a message is displayed saying: "The Nvidia system sentinel is reporting that Nvidia-powered graphics card is not receiving sufficient power.

To protect hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations."

I am not sure as to why this is happening. My PSU is 420 watts, which should be more adaquate for my Athlon 5X-53 and my AGP GeForce FX 5200. I have the molex attached to the video card and the video card is seated properly in my mobo. Any ideas on what the problem is? Are we looking at replacing the PSU, motherboard, or video card? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-powered-graphics-card-is-not-receiving-sufficient-power.38132/
Relevancy 21.5%

About a months ago I set up a connectivity Wireless office connection.Limited Small Internet broadband small office internet broadband connection consisting of computers connected to a Netgear router adsl The managers PC is hardwired into the router There is WEP hex secruity enabled and it is Open and the Wireless Small office Internet broadband connection.Limited connectivity router has been setup so that the controlled access list of machines isnt enabled so any PC can connect to it easily hardware wise it s quite a mix the router is netgear of the new machines have got belkin wireless cards fitted includes mine and the others are netgear Everyone is running windows xp sp Everything was working fine and connection speeds were great But since last week one of the computers is reporting the message quot limited or no connectivity quot This machine has a Netgear wireless antenna card fitted and is using Windows xp to configure it I found the software that came with the card was buggy with service pack so i didnt install it but purely installed the driver and it was working fine until last week There are no firewalls installed I have checked the WEP code and it is correct i ve checked TCP settings and imitated what I have for mine apart from where it says quot IP address quot Subnet mask default router and prefferred DNS is the same I have tried setting it to get IP address automatically but it still gives me that limited connectivity Have tried getting on the internet with the quot problem PC quot but it doesnt work and says page cannot be displayed I typed ipconfig on it and it gives me it s IP address as all the other IP addresses start I dont know if that is part of the problem I m tearing my hair out trying to solve this Any ideas or fixes please would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Small office Internet broadband connection.Limited connectivity

169... IP address gets assigned when Windows can't get one from the DHCP server.

You either have the encryption settings wrong or the wireless card/drivers are bad.

You should try disabling the encryption temporarily. Also, try swapping the Netgear adapters between Netgear-using machines (if the cards are the same type) to rule out bad hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-small-office-internet-broadband-connection-limited-connectivity.17918/
Relevancy 41.71%

ehy guys i am at a cafe in austin trying to send emails from a wireless connection, it says i have excellent connection but am unable to send, can receive email but not send, pls help

A:trying to send email from wireless connection

"unable to send" means what? What program are you using? What kind of a mail account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-send-email-from-wireless-connection.33104/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi helpful people, i recently (yesterday) installed Verizon DSL and have no problems with it except that when i access my Yahoo mail it takes frustratingly forever to download anything. When i used my old ISP again, as i haven't cancelled it yet, Yahoo worked fine. So i contacted Verizon who told me it was either a Yahoo problem or a computer problem??? When i informed them that it only started when i installed their software, and went away when i used my other ISP, they inferred i was some kind of ignorant *****. They were absolutely no help. So what gives? Am i some kind of ignorant *****, or could it indeed be Verizon stuffing it up? Everything else downloads fine. Could it be that i have mainly Australian Yahoo email addresses, thereby creating some sort of spam problem? I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Doz

A:Yahoo email problems with verizon dsl

it could be many things, but let's start with some basics.
You mentioned Verizon DSL, implying a telephone connection rather than
a cable. Secondly, how do you access your original ISP; dial-up?

Started after loading their software -- what does that package do?
Is it like AOL which presents the whole interface of a browser (totally unnecessary).

With the DSL modem in place, I would bet you could just start any browser and
it would access the Internet just fine - - including your Yahoo Email. Once your
computer has IP, Gateway and DNS addresses, your good to go and all programs
which have tcp/ip ability will run without knowing how or who(the isp) got
installed or configured.

you can verify your tcp thus;
run->enter the word
cmd
hit enter
then type
ipconfig /all

results look like
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.adelphia.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-B1-3C-CC-1D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . ... . . . : 192.168.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.111.16.30
Lease Obtained. . . . . . .. . . : Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:39:49 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . .. . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 8:14:07 PM

but your specifics will be unique to Verizon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yahoo-email-problems-with-verizon-dsl.30697/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have had this problem many times before, when i hook up xbox and play xbox live our internet connection gets messed up and doesnt work. I set a restore point before i played the last time and when the internet stopped working i restored it to the point and it started working again on our main computer where the router is, but my computer in my room which is wireless is not working anymore. I formatted my hard drive on that computer hoping that it would fix the problem but it didnt. I have tried to get it working and have had no luck. The connection says that it is good but the internet does not work at all. It says "Cannot Find Server" when i try to get on internet explorer. The main computer is sending information but mine is not receiving the info.

Help me please

A:Main Computer Sending data but wireless computer not receiving data or internet

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

I have some video files that helped me....wmv
thet are about 29mb's.
you are welcome to them..I just need a place to Upload them to...
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/main-computer-sending-data-but-wireless-computer-not-receiving-data-or-internet.31820/