Windows Support Forum

Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

Q: Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

Ok I m not the best and building computers and am very new at it My fresh build will boot but display absolutely nothing on the it like except everything Fresh display all powers at should build, no on monitor monitor by nothing I mean it won t even go to bios or turn the power light from standby to on This build will boot up all fans will run with no problems including cpu and video card fans and everything will shut Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor off by holding down the power button properly Also I have not gotten any light or beep codes Here is what I have asus m a motherboard amd fx -core processor black edition asus gtx ti direct cu video card ddr gb Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor x gb MHz dual corsair vengeance ram watt xion xio power supply sata tb barracuda hard drive dvd cd - writable drive cm storm scout case I have tried trouble shooting programs for the motherboard and video card with no results I have tried resetting the rtc ram I have double checked the power plugs are plugged in properly and making a proper circuit I have taken everything out except the motherboard cpu cpu fan and power supply and still gotten no beeps I have tried changing how the stupid speaker wire connects connecting incorrectly according to the manual and still no freaking beeps I have tried using hdmi and vga cords connected to my tv that supports pc s and a monitor nothing worked cord wise but my old pc worked like a dream when connected to them when talking to tech support for the motherboard they helped me check that it wasn t a grounding issue I have talked to all my pc buddies called tech support and no one can tell me anything i haven t tried or that has worked I have no idea what is wrong I need help I have spent the last two day all day working on this with no clue what is happening nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

do you have the monitor cable plugged into the GPU or MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-build-everything-powers-like-it-should-except-no-display-at-all-on-monitor.178244/
Relevancy 19.78%

Samsung has announced that their latest 32-inch Ultra HD monitor, the U32E850R with support for AMD's FreeSync technology, is now available in the United States with a rather hefty price tag of $1,199.

Read more

A:Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

With those prices of decent sized monitors and capable GPUs, We are years from 4K being more of a gimmick for the few rich. I just wait for QWHD to go down to earth prices. They're stuck at 350? for like two years now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-launches-32-inch-4k-monitor-with-amd-freesync.217574/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a choice to make on a new monitor.

It needs to be VESA mountable and will be for strategy gaming and work purposes. Games like Wargame, Supreme Commander and World of Tanks. I work as a sysadmin so think lots of windows open!

Do I get a 24" monitor like this Benq (recommendations on a different one are welcome)

Or do I get a 27" monitor. If you think 27" what res would you recommend baring in mind I am sporting a 760gtx.

Thanks,

A:24" monitor or 27"

I think 1080P is the best bet for your GTX 760. 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 (27 inch panels) might be a bit too much. It is really personal preference whether you weant a 24 inch or a 27 inch. There are 1080P monitors in both sizes. I recommend Dell, BenQ, ASUS, Samsung, and ACER monitors. There are some other good ones, but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-monitor-or-27.201808/
Relevancy 23.65%

Lenovo's VP of Design, David Hill, wants to create a new ThinkPad laptop that is heavily inspired by the old-school designs of popular ThinkPad laptops from the IBM era, stretching as far back as 1992.

Read more

A:Lenovo design chief wants to build a retro-styled ThinkPad laptop

I used to use one of those old IBM Thinkpad laptops at around that time and I thought it was the coolest thing ever even if it was terribly slow, weighed almost a ton, had a crappy pixelated display (~2ppi it seemed) and was about a metre thick. I loved it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-design-chief-wants-to-build-a-retro-styled-thinkpad-laptop.215825/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I was downloading a game . After the download finished a clicked on play to well.... Start playing and something wierd happened. My screen went blue (screen colour when nothing in being recieved) At first I thought it was the in game resolution so I tried pressing alt and enter to change the view from full screen to windowed. I also tried pressing alt and f4 to try and close the game but still nothing was showing. So I hard reseted my pc. The msi logo boot up shows normally but after the logo the screen stops showing anything. I tried changing hdmi ports and the first time this happened it fixed the problem. But because I'm stupid I tried booting up the game again and the same thing happened but changing ports didn't work this time. I tried everything but nothing has worked. If anyone could help it would be very appreciated. Also I can't boot into safe mode because I'm using win8.1 and also an ssd.

My specs: msi mobo
Gpu: gtx 760 2gb
8gb ram
SSD
Normal HDDHDD
600W power supply

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-showing-output.215936/
Relevancy 40.85%

My Friend has a HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop. His display isn't work. Suddenly display gone. But I thought it could be Display problem not a VGA. So, i tried to connect an external monitor and used Shortcut keys to change the display. I pressed fu + F1 or Fu + F2 or Fu + F3 or Fu + F4 up-to F12. But no result.
I couldn't check whether it's a Display or VGA card problem. IS there any other way to check it. in addition to these is there any other combination keys to Change the display to an external monitor. I'm unable to check whether i get login or not. if I can login then i can use Windows Key + P. Then i can select mode. But I'm Unable to anything here. Please help me to find the problem and i have to take it to repairing shop.
Thanks in Advanced

A:Change display of laptop to external monitor

It should be the Fn + the key that shows a monitor symbol. If it still doesn't display, the motherboard video processor has failed, and not the LCD Panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-display-of-laptop-to-external-monitor.168817/
Relevancy 20.21%

I want it to a PC for music production.
No fancy graphics to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-gpu-for-3440x1440-monitor.215778/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello TS! I have come here today because I am looking for feedback on a budget build for my friend. His price range is preferably $600-700 but he can go as high as $800ish. This is what I have put together so far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9R7gcf

I originally went with a 250GB SSD and 8GB of RAM but he thought it was too little (I was thinking external HDD+250GB). Also what is the consensus here about an i3 versus the 860K? I am thinking the quad core is better over the dual core. Also, should the cost savings from the above questions be translated to a better GPU? Finally, I read online that a 450W PSU wasn't gonna cut it so I upped it to a 750W (same price as 650W after rebate)?

Thanks for the help in advance!

He will be primarily playing DOTA 2 (eSports) and CS:GO (leisure).

Edit/Note: I will also be posting this on Tom's Hardware to get as many opinions as possible, so don't be offended D) if you see it on there!

A:Feedback on build for a friend

First I have built a nice system using that board; it was great to work with. Newegg.com has this motherboard and that cpu as a special combo for $133.00.

Second, if that is all he is doing with his system that AMD cpu will do him just fine. i3 is an Intel cpu and when using Intel the unwritten rule is that the i5 quad core is the sweet spot for gaming. But, again, that AMD is quite fine.

Why 16 gigs of RAM? If he was doing video rendering or using intense graphic software I could see it but 8 gigs is very good for gaming. Save money and get only 8 gigs.

Corsair makes great power supplies; good choice.

I really don't know that gpu but from the specs and for what he is doing, again, it will do everything he needs.

I don't know that case. With that motherboard I used the Cooler Master HAF 912. Good room, well built, and plenty of air flow especially with an AMD because they can run hot. You may want to get some extra case fans. Also, perhaps an aftermarket cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/feedback-on-build-for-a-friend.215526/
Relevancy 20.64%

Infinity displays are all the rage among notebook buyers these days. Dell's XPS 13 (2015) was an excellent example of what's possible when it launched earlier this year and now, they're bringing the gorgeous screen to its bigger brother. ...

Read more

A:Dell's revised XPS 15 includes gorgeous Infinity display, Windows 10

What's an Infinity screen?... Short answers please, I'm not interested enough to Google it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dells-revised-xps-15-includes-gorgeous-infinity-display-windows-10.213699/
Relevancy 21.93%

In dxdiag option and in Display option all 3 acceleration options are not available in my pc. But I had installed the drivers and hardware for graphics then too it showing not available. Can anybody tell me how can I enable all those 3 options. I have Standard VGA Graphics Adaper.
Here is screenshot for reference -

A:Display Drivers Not Available

And Only Because Of That I am not able to open any game or sofware which requires display graphics. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-drivers-not-available.214649/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey guys, I need to buy a Full HD monitor but I seem to be unable to find one that meets my requirements.

All I need is an IPS display with 5 ms response time. And perhaps a glossy display but not too much.

Please help me out guys. I tried search soooo much but didn't find anything.

A:Suggest a monitor

What is your overall budget for this monitor? Where will you be purchasing this item (online -or- physical retail store)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-monitor.213566/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi All I m planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it s going to die soon I m going to use the computer mainly for doing D digital artworks editing videos as well as playing games specifically MMORPGs and some like PC First Overclocking) (NO Advice Need Build Gaming Alice Madness amp Skyrim I ll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc I just First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) want something that would accommodate my main use and last First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again I also have a budget that I have to stick to I live in the Philippines so it will be Php - Php in USD I think it would be around - As stated above I won t be doing any overclocking whatsoever Here are the specifications of the build I was planning CPU Intel Core i - Processor M Cache up to GHz Motherboard Asus H -PRO GAMER VideoCard EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Superclocked Memory Vengeance Low Profile GB Dual Channel DDR Memory Kit CML GX M A C Storage Samsung GB EVO quot SATA SSD Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Power Supply Seasonic X W Gold CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon V Hybrid Optical Drive ASUS D ST BLACK X SATA Case Obsidian Series D Mid-Tower PC Case Case Fan Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM mm rpm CFM x Since this is a first opinions are greatly appreciated I m open for First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality Thanks in advance nbsp

A:First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking)

Thorah said:

Hi All,

I'm planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it's going to die soon...

I'm going to use the computer mainly for doing 2D digital artworks, editing videos as well as playing games, specifically MMORPGs and some like Alice Madness & Skyrim.
I'll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc.
I just want something that would accommodate my main use and last me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again.

I also have a budget that I have to stick to. I live in the Philippines so it will be Php 50,000 - Php 55,000 , in USD I think it would be around $ 1000 - $ 1200.

As stated above, I won't be doing any overclocking whatsoever.

Here are the specifications of the build I was planning.

CPU: Intel® Core? i5-4690 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PRO GAMER
VideoCard: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked
Memory: Vengeance® Low Profile ? 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
Storage: Samsung 120 GB 840 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Power Supply: Seasonic X650 650W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V Hybrid
Optical Drive: ASUS24D3ST BLACK 24X SATA
Case: Obsidian Series® 450D Mid-Tower PC Case
Case Fan: Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM 120mm, 1300rpm, 74CFM (x3)

Since this is a first, opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm open for suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed. It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality.

Thanks in advance!Click to expand...

What programs do you specifically use for video editing and such?

Also a couple of notes:
1: That PSU is a bit overkill for that build or most builds. I would suggest a Gold Rated 550Watt as being a cheaper better option for you.
2: Save a couple of bucks and grab a Western Digital Blue 1tb HDD or a Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD. WD Black HDD's are awesome but generally they are a bit more for not much of a difference overall.

Can you link the site from which you are ordering your parts from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build-need-advice-no-overclocking.210692/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I m planning to build my first ever gaming PC I do not know that much about specs and all of that The computer is going to be need first PC for advice build ever my I used for indie games like The Escapists Gmod KSP Pixel Piracy etc heavy games like Skyrim Tomb Raider The Witcher etc and also games like Lichdom Battlemage and Hearthstone It has to be able to play the heaviest games at a consistently high framerate at least - I also own a PS which will be used to play games that are consolebased like ACU horrible game BTW and console exclusive games like Bloodborne Since this is my first ever PC build I want it to last long I won t be doing any overclocking it scares me Therefore I will also be able to pay about I don t know about this pricetag because I don t know how the US taxes and Denmark where I m from has a very large tax I will also be able to pay more than this but I seems right Here are the components that I was planning to use Can you give me some feedback Are there any of these things that won t fit together is I need advice for my first ever PC build something overkill underkill I won t I need advice for my first ever PC build pay for a high end GPU if I have a low end CPU Things have to fit together CPU Intel Core i - Processor M Cache up to GHz GPU GTX Gaming G - MSi MotherBoard Z Gaming - MSi I know nothing about motherboards Memory HyperX Fury Black Series GB x GB Again I know nothing about RAM Storage SAMSUNG EVO MZ- E B AM quot GB SATA III Storage Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM Power Cooler Master G M Would this be enough or would it be overkill CPU Cooler Stock Once again I don t know if this is enough but I am not going to OC sooo Would liquid cooling make sense or should I invest in a stronger cooling unit DVD writer ASUS DVD-Writer Black SATA Model DRW- F ST Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced A case has to be stylish This looks okay and there seems to be room for everything Do I have to buy better fans or are the stock ones good enough Please give me some feedback I really need it to be confident with my PC build If I don t get to know more about this I will have to buy a pre-build PC from another pro company nbsp

A:I need advice for my first ever PC build

Hi. First, I am not sure you are aware of it but right now Newegg.com has a three combo special that includes your processor, motherboard, and memory that will save you $42.00. So you can rest assured what you listed with those items will work well.

1. The i5 is considered by many to be the sweet-spot for gaming. Good choice.
2. HyperX memory is made by Kingston and they manufacture excellent RAM and have for years.
3. That motherboard is a BEAST. Do you need everything/will you utilize everything that it offers?
4. I would just get a stronger cooling unit.
5. Check out Western Digital's Black series for hard drives in the 7200 rpm models.
6. Couldn't say about the psu; I usually use the Corsair line. Whatever you choose seriously consider either the Gold or Plantinum Plus certification. 650 watts of power would probably do you but research how much power that video card demands and what the manufacture recommends.

As for the case, the last four systems I have built have all been encased in the Cooler Master HAF series. I absolutely love them for air flow and build quality but make sure that you purchase a an additional side fan and top fan for greater air flow. Here is a good rule to keep in mind: Between the inflow of air or its exhaust, exhaust is the more important. I would get a 120mm size fan for the side and blow in and a 140mm side for the top as exhaust.

I want to suggest that you seriously consider getting the bigger brother of the 912. I found that the 912 is excellent for the micro-ITX boards but for me personally it seems a little cramped for the standard ATX boards -- though I have done it without issue. Look at the HAF 922 which is a mid-tower but with tons of room; I have one for my main rig. There is the full tower 932 but that is probably overkill.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-for-my-first-ever-pc-build.213776/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings here is a quick story and then my question I built my computer about years ago and since upgraded a bit of it last year So I am gong to build an all new system However This time around I am going to get a VERY nice monitor first since that is what I am looking at I was going to spend between and dollars to get one I backwards, Monitor first Building asked over on the Stardock forums I was going to get a new monitor and asked what they felt was the best one available The CEO actually replied and said to wait till Display port was readily available for the new K monitors I wanted to size up to a quot or thereabouts So my question is Building backwards, Monitor first twofold Should I wait for display port and when will we see some monitors with it and Should I just get a K monitor now if Building backwards, Monitor first there is not much visual difference between display port and I see my video card is going to need to be upgraded since it does not have a port on it sigh What I currently have Asrock Mobo Z Extreme I K I have the hyper evo fan setup g Gskill DDR ram I forgot the timing I upgraded from to gigs EVGA Geforce GTX Yea I knew about the ram issue when I bought the card last year Building backwards, Monitor first Evo gig SSD I was using Intel s cache drive method to speed up stuff this was also part of my upgrade Corsair terrabyte storage drive Corsair watt Gold PSW Win pro Asus Monitor I am not helping you all by not remembering the model number my apologies nbsp

A:Building backwards, Monitor first

I'm a little curious as to why you're planning to rebuild your system? From the looks of it, it's still a pretty solid machine. As far as I know, DisplayPort 1.3 is already out. It's been talk of another release already (DisplayPort 1.4a) is this what you were waiting for? If so, I wouldn't waste the time. As for 4K, what exactly do you do with your machine? Knowing this will make it easier for us to recommend suggestions. I personally wouldn't go for 4K right now, but that's just my opinion. There isn't enough content available and it's still expensive to facilitate. Dell has very good offerings when it comes to high-end displays. I'd personally go for either the

Dell UltraSharp U3014
or
Dell U3415W Black 34

I know there a few monitor guys in the community. Hopefully, one of them will see your post and provide you with more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-backwards-monitor-first.213799/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts

A:1st Build Power Supply Question

Over engineer the PS;

Calculate the actual needed power,

add a fudge factor and

multiply by 1.5.
Then round up to the next commonly available size

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-build-power-supply-question.213326/
Relevancy 19.35%

LG Australia has revealed a new FreeSync monitor on their website perhaps a little earlier than the company anticipated, and it could be a great option for gamers wanting to upgrade to a 4K display.

Read more

A:LG's 27MU67 monitor packs FreeSync alongside a 4K, 27-inch IPS panel

4 way split? That's pretty cool. I know other monitors have done it (though none immediately come to mind) but very cool nevertheless. It might not be an IPS type panel but that's not a bad price all things considered.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lgs-27mu67-monitor-packs-freesync-alongside-a-4k-27-inch-ips-panel.213446/
Relevancy 24.94%

Is this a good build to play newer shooter games and games like the witcher 3
Any recommendations for better parts this will cost $473 is budget is 500

Compatibility Check: No issues/incompatibilities found
CPU
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
$96.93 $96.93 OutletPC
Buy
CPU Cooler
Cooler Master RR-HT2-28PK-R1 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
$15.99 $15.99 SuperBiiz
Buy
Motherboard
MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
$54.99 -$10.00 $44.99 Micro Center
Buy
$10.00 mail-in rebate
Memory
Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
$50.99 FREE $50.99 Newegg
Buy
Add Additional Memory
Storage
Western Digital RE3 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$28.01 $3.99 $32.00 Amazon
Buy
Add Additional Storage
Video Card
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card
$179.99 -$20.00 $2.99 $162.98 Newegg
Buy
$20.00 mail-in rebate
Case
Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case
$47.99 -$15.00 $32.99 Micro Center
Buy
$15.00 mail-in rebate
Power Supply
EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
$36.99 $36.99 SuperBiiz
Buy

A:$500 gaming build

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/92ZHZL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/92ZHZL/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($72.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($17.22 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($60.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.75 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 285 2GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card ($162.98 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $529.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-31 08:39 EDT-0400

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500-gaming-build.213086/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi guys I'm wondering if you can help me,

I just bought a new R9 280 to replace my HD 5830.

I installed it properly and there was no video output to my monitor.

The 5830 is now back in and everything is fine so not sure what's going on.

I've tried using the vga slot instead of HDMI on the R9 280 and there's still no output.

A:New R9 280 with no monitor signal

Try to change the power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-r9-280-with-no-monitor-signal.212523/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello everyone. I will soon be upgrading my monitor and I am not sure which to get. Currently I am running a gtx 980 and my 6 year old 1600x900 acer is extremly underpowered to take full advantage of the card. My main issue is whether or not I should invest in a g-sync monitor since I do have a high end card. the concept of g sync seems nice but I've noticed a $200+ price increase for gsync monitors. Is it worth the investment for me? I plan on getting a 1ms 144hz monitor regardless I am just unsure if I should invest into a g sync monitor. thx everyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picking-a-new-monitor.213195/
Relevancy 21.07%

Up until this point, Asus has been solely focused on producing G-Sync monitors for the gamers out there with Nvidia graphics cards. However this is set to change, with the company preparing to release their first FreeSync monitor, the MG279Q. ...

Read more

A:Asus joins the FreeSync market with 1440p, 144 Hz IPS display

Finally a good IPS monitor. I got tired of seeing so many TN ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-joins-the-freesync-market-with-1440p-144-hz-ips-display.211255/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have uploaded a video of my laptop to better show the problem:

I am thinking something is wrong with a connection or some cable just don't know which. Never fixed a laptop. I broke the panel before I figured out the screws were hidden behind tiny black covers. Also broke the metallic part of the screen on the right side but I guess I will crazy glue it somehow. My most important issue is the flickering.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please let me know I would really appreciate it.

At certain position the screen doesn't flicker, mostly if it's set back at a greater than 90 degree angle.

A:Laptop display flickers

It's sensible to check the connectors to the screen but unless you find a video of how to get inside your particular laptop and study it you are highly likely to break other pieces too. I worked out how to take mine apart thanks to Google but although I was careful I still broke a connector. Putting that right took me ages.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-display-flickers.213067/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello pc builders, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a gaming pc. I've picked out some parts that I think are good, but I do not know that much about custom building computers and what parts are most suitable for gaming.
I'm trying to keep the price limit at $1000 USD. Here are the parts that I've picked out.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (probs doesn't matter) Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case

Thank you

A:Are These Specs Good for a Gaming PC? (First Build Ever)

Looks like a nice build to me

I would drop the cpu down to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54440

and upgrade the gpu to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100364l

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-specs-good-for-a-gaming-pc-first-build-ever.212847/
Relevancy 20.21%

As I don't go menu and Monitor's won't buttons the work away am writing this I have this blue square on the screen with all the settings for this monitor Whichever button I press on the monitor the menu won t go away Not even the power button works so that means I can Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work t disable Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work the monitor Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn t work as soon as the picture appears the menu appears Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work as well Let me give you a bit of a history as it might help determine the cause About a month ago my old monitor monitor started behaving weird It started turning itself off every now and again Sometimes few times a minute Every time it turns off it turns back on with the splash screen saying quot BENQ quot and everything I had no idea why it does that I tried pressing the buttons on it to go into the menu but every button seemed to shut it off and every button seemed to turn it on So I gave it to a family friend to try and fix it He said that the quot control board quot started dying and that he doesn t have a spare one or something like that He then gave me a spare monitor of his monitor until I can buy a new one or fix monitor So I took monitor from him and sent monitor to the shop so they can try and fix it About a week passes and the shop calls and says that they fixed monitor I go and pick it up and when I came home I unplug monitor and plug in monitor monitor was working perfectly then Monitor worked for about minutes and started shutting down again And when I tried using the buttons they wouldn t work again Same thing as last time So I return it to the shop and tell them that it doesn t work That was about a week and a half ago They still didn t fix it The problem is now the monitor also started having problems It doesn t turn off yet but the menu buttons don t work Power button doesn t work Nothing And on top of that the menu won t disappear from the screen As I am typing this there s a menu on top of everything Every now and again the menu will switch to a different option like quot brightness quot quot auto adjustment quot and such like the buttons are being pressed Now I am wondering could it be that my PC is quot breaking quot these monitors Is there a way for a PC to physically damage a monitor What should I do in that case Also I should say that ever since monitor died and after I installed monitor my PC has been getting blue screens of death It hasn t happened once in years since I got this PC and it started after I got monitor I don t know if that s something that s important but there it is If you need more info please let me know I am trying to figure out what is happening and every bit of help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor's menu won't go away and the buttons don't work

No one has any relevant information?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-menu-wont-go-away-and-the-buttons-dont-work.212651/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello its my first post!
Well anyways I just build my first ever pc using tutorials like (Austin Evans) well I build it turned it on, and all the fans would work then right after stop! Sometimes I get one bleep from the psu, What should I do as im really annoyed as I spent hours do this!

thanks

A:PC turns on then off (newly build)

Since you say the machine tries to boot, I'll assume the front panel connectors are correctly connected.
Make sure all cards, memory, and cables are properly seated. Including the 4pin/8pin motherboard power connector.
Try a different PSU. I had a PSU go out that acted this way, after an instant shutdown. Yours could be a DOA that acts the same way.
Try a single RAM module at a time. Switch modules if the first one doesn't help.
Try with all unnecessary components disconnected. Any damaged component can keep the PSU from receiving power good status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-on-then-off-newly-build.212476/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 21.93%

I could use some advice. My second monitor just died, and I would like to find a replacement with a few specific features.

27 inch
Adjustable White Point
As low as possible wattage

As I understand it, having a white point that is adjustable separately from brightness and temperature controls provides a better way to dim the white without dimming other colors. If I am not understanding this right, please correct me. The reason for looking into this is because of my eyes being sensitive to light. If I could, I would replace all white that comes through my monitor with a light tan. That's how bad it is. So, if there is a way I can better adjust how bright the white is, I'll probably take it.

The low power I want for reduced heat. With two screens this size, heat is obviously a problem. So far, I have only found that reducing wattage will have a noticeable decrease in heat. If there is something else, feel free to clue me in.

Thanks all!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-appropriate-display.212194/
Relevancy 19.35%

The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show is in full swing this week with several technology giants on hand to show off their latest products. One of the early frontrunners for attention is HP's new DreamColor Z32x, a professional-grade...

Read more

A:HP's massive professional-grade 4K monitor features 10-bit color spectrum, IPS panel and more

The picture in picture feature is awesome

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hps-massive-professional-grade-4k-monitor-features-10-bit-color-spectrum-ips-panel-and-more.211399/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello there, so here is the really weird problem I am having

When I connect pc to pc monitor, it gives black screen (the ms-dos screen were you have the "_" blinking on the left top)

When I connect pc to my TV, it works all good.

Here is the strange part:

When I connect my pc to my TV and it works, if I unplug the cord and connect it back to pc monitor, without shutting down the pc, IT WORKS! ...

graphic card : geforce750, hdmi cable

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

A:Really strange graphic card pc monitor and TV problem

Try updating your video card drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/83080

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-strange-graphic-card-pc-monitor-and-tv-problem.211182/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys im looking to retrofit my 6 year old gaming PC here soon, and by retrofit I mean totally rebuild it. here is my current build:

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.00Mhz
6gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 470

my question is this, I am really not having too many issues with frame rates yet even on the brand new games so I was wondering if upgrading to SLI on the GTX470's would be comparable to upgrading to a GTX 970? Thanks for the help guys

A:Build advice

Jlow85 said:

I was wondering if upgrading to SLI on the GTX470's would be comparable to upgrading to a GTX 970?Click to expand...

I would say yes. Just look at the benchmarks from Passmark. The 970 is more than twice the performance of a 470.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+470

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-advice.210856/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 21.07%

hello techspot, I keep getting this error when I play games in my computre. what should I do to fix this error?

A:Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

I get this error every once and a while. Updating your GPU drivers usually solves the issue. Do you know what GPU you are running? Post your full system specs below and then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.204745/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, this is my first post on techspot, and I am kind of a newbie on building pc. I have never done it and been looking up everything I can. My needs are just basically normal computing but I want to be able to play new games (shadow of mordor). I dont do any video editing or anything. I have been reading that an i3 will be fine and I need a good gpu instead of overkill on a cpu. I also want a good mobo that has plenty of potential (something about more ports???). I just need to be steered in the right direction of what to get without blowing out the budget. I dont play too many games (and no fps and very few online). I just dont want to see a new game in 6 months that I want and dont have minimum sys requirements. Also I was very skeptical about getting an AMD cpu instead because they get so much hotter, but I know alot of people will recomend it. Sorry for being so longwinded.

A:Info/suggestions on build? i3?

Hi BraidedDuke5,
Have you thought of going down the used parts path as you seem to be wanting a machine "cheap" with an i3 instead of looking at what kind of job you really want it to do, unless you will only be playing games in a really low resolution (fps). E.g. the Intel NUC and the ASUS Vivo have Core i3 CPU and they are nothing like a gaming PC.
Here is a couple of pros for a Core i5, and they are;
"Intel Turbo Boost":- Which lets the processor increase its clockspeed whenever the workload on the CPU increases and none of the Core i3 CPUs have Turbo Boost.
"Cache":- The i3 (Ivy Bridge) processors have 3MB (except 4 Clarkdale processors which have 4MB) of cache all the Core i5s (except 4 Ivy Bridge processors which have 3MB and 6 Clarkedale which have 4MB), have 6MB of cache. The cache is like RAM for the processor but it is built into the processor chip. So this gives it (the CPU) access to the memory storage a lot quicker. Without a CPU memory cache and RAM the CPU would need to access the HDD which would be even slower.

Searched eBay.com.au for "i5 cpu" in "Computer components and parts" and had a myriad of choices.

You really need to decide on the CPU first then mobo and then components (small SSD for the O/S, graphics card and RAM) and lastly a PSU to power all your choices (you could even bung a cheap PSU in just to get the rig going, so long as you realise that it WILL fail down the line!)

Hope this helps

Edit:- Changed CPU listings to be accurate for world-wide purchasing as some markets did not get some CPU incarnations released as a new product (based entirely on the Ivy Bridge and Clarkdale Core i3 / i5)
Reference Intel 2105/03/22 from http://ark.intel.com/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-suggestions-on-build-i3.210492/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 22.79%

Google released the original Chromebook Pixel a little over two years ago. At $1,299, the system didn't make a ton of sense for most but what it did was serve as an example of what a high-end Chromebook could look...

Read more

A:Chromebook Pixel 2015: Great build quality, fast, USB Type-C and cheaper (but still too expensive)

Brick-ish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chromebook-pixel-2015-great-build-quality-fast-usb-type-c-and-cheaper-but-still-too-expensive.209610/
Relevancy 20.21%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey I m new to this site and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer From what I ve seen it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I ve chosen Compatible? Is Build My But I wanted some help on here to make sure they will work Below are a list of parts that I will be getting CPU Intel Xeon E - V GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard MSI Z Guard-Pro ATX LGA Motherboard CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Kingston Fury Black Series Is My Build Compatible? GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB ACX Video Card Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Sony S-CB-PLUS DVD CD Writer Other Parts I Is My Build Compatible? will figure out later Just to give some perspective I will be using the computer to record videos play games and render out edited videos If you think there are better parts to suit the build or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged please tell me below Also I want to stay at least under Thanks Jettster nbsp

A:Is My Build Compatible?

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-build-compatible.209304/
Relevancy 33.97%

With Broadwell and Skylake desktop CPUs expected to launch next quarter, the urge to upgrade my computer has never been stronger.

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What CPU powers your computer?

Got an i5-2500k in my gaming computer, and a C2Q Q8200 in my home server. Because of the small enclosures they are in I have not overclocked them, with the watercooled 2500k being in a Prodigy case stuffed to the gills, and the Q8200 is in a 2U rack case.

Not sure about the server, but I know with Star Citizen in the distant horizon, I'm very compelled to upgrade around the end of the year. This is driven less by my CPU and more by my graphics card (watercooled GTX 570) and memory, which I only have 8GB.

edit: oh yeah, and my XPS 12 has an i5-4210.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-cpu-powers-your-computer.208477/
Relevancy 20.64%

Acer announced two new gaming-grade 27-inch monitors at the Consumer Electronics Show last month. The XB270HU garnered the most media attention thanks to its IPS panel and Nvidia G-Sync technology. What Acer neglected to mention at the time, however, was...

Read more

A:Acer's 27-inch XG270HU display will ship with FreeSync support

Those bezels are awesome! I wonder how much it'll go for though...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acers-27-inch-xg270hu-display-will-ship-with-freesync-support.208917/
Relevancy 24.94%

I put together a list of parts for my first gaming PC for under here is the list of parts http pcpartpicker com user Linkin saved jTfRsY What do you guys think Please tell me if all the parts are compatible good quality and what settings this build is able to play Dying Light The Evil Within Skyrim Minecraft Max Payne Metro Last Light Bioshock Infinite and a few other games and how much FPS I will most likely be able to get this PC and everything else like the monitor OS optical drive keyboard mouse and anything else in July because right now I have and my birthday is in July I usually get around - from my whole family I will also sell my laptop for because on a site it said it is worth that much I might make a few extra bucks through that time so I will have about - I might be able to get better parts if I do get that much Anyway I hope you guys can help and PLEASE as best as you can try to estimate how good it can handle some of the games I listed above it will be a HUGE help thanks a lot guys nbsp

A:Gaming PC Build Under $700 Need Opinions

Get a SSD drive for the boot drive, it will make things load faster, keep the hard drive for u'r down loads, program files, and things that do have to load as fast. and I would advise getting a modular PSU it will make keeping the wires in the case a whole lot cleaner, because u do not have near as many wires connected that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-under-700-need-opinions.208836/
Relevancy 20.64%

I need to have an IPS monitor for doing my digital illustrations.
Currently, I only have my laptop's display to use but it's not really good.
I'm only starting out and still in the learning stage so I can't go for very expensive ones.

Also, even though IPS panels are already very common, stores in my area only has few models and brands available.

I'm choosing between these:

Asus VX239H 23" Widescreen IPS LED Monitor

LG IPS MONITOR MP65

LG 23EA63V

Dell S2240L

I've done some research on it but I would really like to have a second opinion and know which would be the best choice.
I'm also open for other suggestions. I just hope it's available here in the Philippines.

Thank you in advance.

A:Need Help Choosing IPS Monitor

I am using 2x Dell U2412M, eIPS panel, great viewing angles, great colors, great response time (gaming). And it's 16:10, not squeezed like the 16:9 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-ips-monitor.208801/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a monitor that I want to get connected to my HP 210 mini notebook. What will I do in order that my computer be able to detect the external monitor connected to it. I already installed the driver of the monitor.

A:Not Detecting the External Monitor Connected with a netbook

Connecting a monitor to a laptop should be simple. Most laptops automatically pick it up and ask if you want to start using it and how (Duplicate, Extend, Screen 1 OR Screen 2).

There are a few different ways to switch to it, on laptops there's usually a " FN" Key (If no "FN" Key, substitute with CTRL sometimes), and across the F1-F12 keys (sometimes the 1-9 keys..) there as symbols. You want to press the one that looks like a monitor and it should bring up an On Screen Display that shows you choices, and while holding the FN(Or CTRL) key and pressing it again it should change it to the other options as previously mentioned.

The other option depends on what operating system you have on the laptop. Win7, 8, Vista, XP? (I assume 7 or 8)

Anyways let me know if that helped narrow it down, otherwise we'll try the last step which is in basic terms: Control Panel > Display Settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-the-external-monitor-connected-with-a-netbook.208635/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a computer that I built and I am pretty sure the motherboard is going out on me... Any suggestions for a new motherboard that will support the parts I already have from my previous build?

MoBo - thats going out - : ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX AMD Moboo

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6-Core 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Desktop Processor

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X + Turbulence II Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXLD

Videocard: EVGA 02G-P3-1386-KR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I built this thing around 2011 so any suggestions for something new that will work for me?

A:Motherboard for my build

Take a look here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007625 600158776

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-my-build.208651/
Relevancy 19.78%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently just built a gaming PC with my friend I have installed all of the drivers for the GPU from the installation disk it came displays dark. Build. glitches goes then New problem? Monitor GPU with Windows has been updated fully also besides three updates that continue to fail They are just security updates they may or may not be the problem The PC runs fine and the display will show New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? clear and crisp for about half an hour until New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem? glitches will start to appear in the screen and next the monitor will appear black The light is still on and the PC is still running whatever it was last I know this because it did it during a driver installation and after I waited an hour and then restarted the PC the driver install was done Often after I restart the PC nothing will show up at all If I wait awhile and get lucky it will boot up normal The glitches happen most often when I try to run a game The mentioned updates continue to fail and idk why I have ran a troubleshoot for the PC as well and the it says no driver can be found for the PCI Simple Communications Controller After I choose to search for the driver online or on my computer it says no driver found During a Windows Update failure I got another error message concerning my graphics driver saying a problem could ve occurred because a graphics driver is missing Yet the program GPU Tweak that was installed with the disk says that everything s up-to-date When I try to update manually it says the sam thing This computer was not expensive I can post exact specs when I can get back into it and maybe some pics Specs Not listed is a terabyte of memory blu-ray burner and and an msi Z -G Gaming motherboard I have a strong internet connection and am using a DVI port for the monitor I have ruled out the monitor as the problem Before I said the PC was NOT expensive I meant NOT cheap I spent around on the parts nbsp

A:New Build. Monitor displays glitches then goes dark. GPU problem?

Looking at the screen shot of GPU-Z it appears you are running a AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA drivers. I would suggest downloading the latest drivers from AMD: AMD Catalyst Omega Drivers 14.12. Then go into your control panel and completely uninstall the amd catalyst from your computer. Once completed, you may need to reboot the computer. After reboot, install the newest drivers from the link I posted above. Do so and then try again to produce same error results. Let us know if it works or not so we can try other options, or resolve the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-monitor-displays-glitches-then-goes-dark-gpu-problem.207947/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 21.5%

I came home one day to find that my monitor was no longer displaying my PC via HDMI. After a lot of testing, I've found that the monitor works with other PCs via HDMI, and my PC works with other monitors via HDMI, but they don't work together. All I get is a black screen. I know that my PC's resolution is set to one that my monitor can display. I've tried several different cables. I have absolutely no idea what the issue might be, and I'm pretty much at my wit's end here. Any ideas?

A:Strangest display problem I've ever had

Have you tried different projection modes? Windows will remember set profiles for specific monitors. It is possible the the projection mode was turned off for the monitor, and will stay that way until the mode is changed.

For Windows 7 press "Windows Key + P" to bring up the projection menu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strangest-display-problem-ive-ever-had.207904/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,
I have recently got a second monitor from a friend, and connected it via DVI to my Graphics card (AMD Radeon R290) next to my old monitor (both monitors are plugged in the same graphics card)
Everything worked fine, but now when I turn on the PC, the new monitor wont light up, the powerbutton does nothing, all other buttons do nothing, BUT the monitor is on, I can do stuff on it (drag the mouse on there, open a window and drag it to the working screen etc.)
When I restart the PC over and over, eventually the monitor does turn on, but it seem completly random.
I checked the powercord, exchanged the DVI cord with a HDMI cord, but nothing helps.
I think the monitor just doesnt get the signal to turn on the light but virtual it is there.
Should I try to reinstall the graphics card driver? Or is the problem in the monitor?

A:LG Monitor not turning on as second Monitor

I would try reinstalling the graphic driver. See if that helps. If not someone here should have a few ideals. That might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-monitor-not-turning-on-as-second-monitor.207800/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I remote into my home PC from work using the Chrome Remote Desktop tool. It works well. The problem is the screen resolution. The monitor I use at work isn't the same as the one on my home PC. This causes the resolution to be a little blurry and images to be slightly small.

When I disabled my monitor completely at home, the resolution was clear and it worked well. I just unplugged the monitor from my PC. Is there a way to completely disable a monitors input without having to physically disconnect it from the PC? I've tried disabling it in the Device Manager and that didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Speck

A:Disable Display when remoted into a PC

HMM; every hacker would just love such a solution. Don't think this should be pursued.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-display-when-remoted-into-a-pc.207501/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a good system. I am likely to give it to my daughter and build a new one. I have read a few reviews of some new Motherboards and processors taking advantage of the new DDR4.

Does anyone have any insight on if its prudent to build in spring or perhaps wait>?

I can wait as my system is still very good. I just like fiddling with new stuff and builds.

Also will Windows 10 be available for builds by this time or again is this a wait and see?

Thanks much!

A:DDR4, Build now or wait till Summer?

You can install the preview version of 10 (beta work-in-progress). DDR4 more expensive than DDR3 but of course if you plan on buying CPU to take advantage of DDR4 speed would be the way to go for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr4-build-now-or-wait-till-summer.207710/
Relevancy 20.21%

I recently bought several Dell Optiplex GX computers online for repair I usually do a thorough review of what I am getting but this was a a with VGA Help DVI-D on port computer monitor using a cheap deal on a big lot and a few things slipped by me For one it takes a special power cord that I can t find for less than and there were none Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer with the lot I ordered one to test them with for now but that is not my main problem but if anyone knows where I can get those DA- adapter power cords any cheaper please let me know where My main problem is that these are the small form factor cases so they have no card slots I am dependent upon the motherboard options only So here is my problem the only connector for a monitor on the back of the computer is for a DVI-D which would be great if I had monitors with those connections The only connections I have on my monitors are the VGA I bought some adapters from e-bay that were supposed to convert the DVI port to the VGA which the connector did but I have no screen using this adapter and I am thinking that I was cheated Can this even be done this way I have always just changed the video card but this computer has no way I can see to do that it is all in the motherboard Does anyone know what I can do here I put a fresh install of io xp pro on several of then since that is what they came with They only have pentium s with hyperthreading and single core processors and I didn t think windows would help any If anyone knows what I can do to use these VGA monitors please tell me because without being able to put a video card in it I am lost sincerely cableman nbsp

A:Help using a VGA monitor with a DVI-D port on computer

Your best bet for Global spares is www.pchub.com.

As to the DVI to D-Sub you did the right thing in buying an adapter. It should work period. Did you get the joblot from eBay? Was it sold as untested? Are the PCs even powering on? Maybe there are issues with memory/cpu/motherboard....

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx620/en/ug/A02/solve00.htm#wp1286323

Yes you have to be very careful when upgrading the CPUs for this unit as they follow a narrower roadmap. Top line CPU would appear to be a Pentium D3.4Ghz which worked in a GX620 usff with bios revision A11.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-using-a-vga-monitor-with-a-dvi-d-port-on-computer.172534/
Relevancy 21.93%

Getting rid of emi on screen when using vga input?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-display.207510/
Relevancy 24.94%

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FWD2TW

all the parts etc will they last ? I wont be doing hardcore like using it all the time but I do want top of the line stuff. I don't mind prices at all. I like to pay for stuff thats worth it.

What could I edit in this build to to make it either better bang for its buck and better for performance?

I want to play all games at ultra and I want to be able to not upgrade anything for a couple years or so.
I mainly will be playing old games like modding GTA IV etc...

A:Is this build worth it?

Surprised no one has responded to this yet.
Without knowing what games you might eventually get, its hard to build a computer that can play "ultra" setting. Games being released now are requiring better (if not top of the line - depending on the game) components.
If you were to use the existing setup that you have linked, I would suggest changing a couple things:
The RAM is rated at 1.6V and the motherboard is 1.5V. This is a small issue, but you should try to make sure that it is the same voltage. Makes for less "headaches" while trying to setup the computer. I would also suggest with the RAM - go 16GB (2x8GB) instead of 8GB (2x4GB). 8GB is the norm for gaming now, but who knows in the future. Better to get it now and out of the way, if you can afford it.
I would suggest getting a 800W (or higher) Power Supply instead of the 600W you have listed. This way "if" you do decide to get a different (or add a second) video card, you will have plenty of power to supply to it.
Last thing is you did not include a case to house all of these parts. I would suggest something that has "breathing" room. Get a case that you can add in a couple case fans to create proper air circulation and help eliminate heat buildup.
This is all just my opinion though, so take it as you want. But if you really want to "future proof" as much as possible, my suggestions would help a good deal with doing so.
Let us know what you end up deciding and ultimately come out with when (and if) you build this computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-build-worth-it.207207/
Relevancy 24.94%

I don't know if this is the topic/forum. I was wondering if this pc build could play all of the following.

Arma 3
Arma 2
Grand theft auto V(GTA5 for when it comes out)
Grand theft auto IV
battle field 3
battle field 4
Dead island
Crysis 3
all metro city's
And a lot of games like that to medium-high-max settings.

If I posted this on the wrong forum I'm sorry.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Famous/saved/sZxWGX

If you guys want you can post part suggestions.

A:Is this a good gaming pc build?

Lets start with: What is your overall budget for this build? We might be able to build something better depending on how much you have.
Going with what you currently have listed I would suggest only minor changes to include:
The motherboard is a Dual Channel RAM setup - So you need to find RAM that comes as a pair (2x4GB instead of 1x8GB) for better efficiency.
I would also suggest getting a PSU (power supply) that is from a better known manufacture. Yes the one you selected will work, but the lesser brand ones have the tendency to fail more often (and the one you selected does not have too many good reviews).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-pc-build.207377/
Relevancy 24.94%

Okay, I really want to build a gaming PC.
BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.
So, I basically want to build a gaming computer for the experience of putting one together.
I'd rather have intel or AMD, whichever is fine.
My budget is anything, but $650-700 MAX.
Now, I know 650-700 is minimum for a GAMING computer (at least I think I know), but all I want to do on the computer is normal gaming. Like, not hardcore 4k thing or whatever, but just ONE monitor playing a simple game. I don't need ULTRA graphic settings on the game, low-medium but still high dps is absolutely fine. I just want to be able to play modern games smoothly.
I have an idea of some stuff I want, BUT I have NO CLUE with compatibility with these things. I don't know how to tell this stuff.
So could someone give me the parts of a good computer for a gamer such as I? I play WoW, D3, MC, L4D2, SMITE, etc.
I shoulda asked this earlier....today's Cyber Monday.. I NEED TO SQUEEZE IN SOME PURCHASES!

Thanks!! Please help me out

A:I want to build a Gaming PC

Well, since nobody else replied, here is a start: http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-build-a-gaming-pc.207249/
Relevancy 21.5%

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 °C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 °C
Graphics
VE205 ([email protected])
VE205 ([email protected])
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

A:2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 19.78%

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

A:Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been looking around and cant find a cut and dry answer to my problem.

What I'm looking to do I set up 6 monitors on 2 gtx 980's. My question is if its possible to have 3 monitors running in landscape as well as 3d and the other 3 as separate workspaces. Or can you only get 3 total monitors to work with nvidia 3d. And it gets more complicated when SLI comes into the picture since I would like to maximize my cards. But correct me if I'm wrong, SLI essentially turns my 2 cards into 1 not allowing me to utalize all the video ports on the 2nd card. Meaning I won't even be able to accommodate 6 monitors? I may just have to do without SLI.

So again. 3 monitors in surround 3d. 3 monitors not inside the 3d or surround environment. Off of 2 Gtx 980's. Possible? If not is there a way to accomplish this with other hardware.

Thanks for your time. SF

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-monitor-display-without-sacrificing-3d.207179/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello..
I have problem with my LG Flatron L246WH monitor..
This is actually problem
Capacitors seems to be ok Pic 1 Pic 2
Any ideas??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem.206973/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi. Im about To build a gaming pc and I have came up with This :

inno 3d ichill geforce gtg 980 herculeZ x4 air boss ultra 4gb GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3xdisplayport

Cooler master nepton 280L watercooling system

XFX pro650W core edition full wired power supply

Intel core i7-5820k, 6x 3.30ghz

Asus x99-a

Fractal design define r4 titnaium grey window

Crucial 8gb ddr4 2133 x 2

is this a good build ?

Moderator note: This thread has been moved from another member's thread.

A:Is this a good gaming build?

thehubbapubba said:

Hi. Im about To build a gaming pc and I have came up with This :

inno 3d ichill geforce gtg 980 herculeZ x4 air boss ultra 4gb GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3xdisplayport

Cooler master nepton 280L watercooling system

XFX pro650W core edition full wired power supply

Intel core i7-5820k, 6x 3.30ghz

Asus x99-a

Fractal design define r4 titnaium grey window

Crucial 8gb ddr4 2133 x 2

is this a good build ?Click to expand...

You should start your own thread next time with the question instead but its decent depending on what your wanting. I am also a bit confused by your wording in spots because it sounds a bit weird.

Are you just gaming on this machine or do you have other ideas in mind?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-build.206882/
Relevancy 20.64%

Viewsonic
Model: vx2035wm

Power light blinks blue but no picture. I swapped it out with CRT monitor with no issues on the CRT monitor. How hard is it if I fix it myself? Whats the name of the part I need to fix this and where to buy the part?

A:No Picture on LCD Monitor

From the info you provided, it's hard to exactly tell what is wrong with your monitor. Most likely you have some capacitors or some transistors that have "burnt up" (failed). You have the blinking light which means that you are still getting some power to it, but not the full amount needed. Looking up the information on the monitor, it is from either 2007 or 2008. My best suggestion is to get a new one. This is not something that is quick and simple to fix. Most of the time when something like this happens, you have to unsolder parts and then solder new parts back on to the board. Also, finding available parts for the monitor might create another challenge. If you are comfortable with this type of repair work, then take the cover off and start looking for "burnt" parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-picture-on-lcd-monitor.206666/
Relevancy 19.78%

I use a nice old Asus VW266 27" LCD monitor that's at least 5 years old.

Recently, it suddenly started taking several minutes to finally detect a signal after turning on the computer.

When the computer is off, the power light on the monitor is orange. When I turn on my computer, it blinks blue until it detects a signal, at which point it goes solid blue. This takes about 3 minutes during which time the monitor is off (no logo, no backlight).

Once the monitor finally "warms up", it suddenly detects a signal and instantly turns on (no "fade in"). I connected it to on-board video to rule out my video card. Once it starts working, it's perfect. Runs fine for hours. No flicker, no fading, no outages.

So, is my monitor dying? What might be wrong and is there a way to fix it w/o spending a fortune? (it is very hard to find affordable 16:10 monitors nowadays, so I'm not anxious to replace it.)

Thx.

A:Monitor taking minutes to start. Is it dying? Fixable?

I think this is easy to fix ...
Don't worry
Just some tests must be done by a technician to know what exactly is happening

You may also try to unplug the monitor after it detects the signal and reconnect it to see what will happen ... This may make it more easy to determine what is wrong

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-taking-minutes-to-start-is-it-dying-fixable.205974/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi. New guy here. I'm an oldtimer...cut my teeth on tubes and ended up as a 2-way radio and power plant tech. Retired at that point and didn't keep up much with the digital age. I have a compaq fp5315 computer monitor with an audio problem....either lots of noise when volume is normal, or at times no noise, but very low volume. Can't find any scematics and don't want to tear it apart until I know a little more about where to look. Is the audio board in the monitor or in the computer tower? The connecting cord checks ok and the usual plug-wiggling doesn't make any difference. If the audio board is in the tower, is the audio coming from the tower a normal low-impedance speaker feed or like a 600 ohm? Don't think it's just a simple speaker problembecause it has two speakers and both sound the same and the odds are that both wouldn't be bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-problem-with-compaq-fp5315.206548/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 24.94%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me

A:New build wont power on

Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-power-on.206021/
Relevancy 24.08%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I'm building a budget gaming PC but I don't know what motherboard to get. Here's the parts I'm planning on buying:

Intel Core i5-3570
Corsair Builder Series CX 430
Radeon HD7850

A H77 board will do as the cost of a K cpu and Z77 board (I presume) would cost way more. I'm thinking something around the price of a Asus P8H77-V LE.

Thanks

A:What motherboard should I get for my build?

It matters on what brand you buy. Some H77 motherboards come close to low end Z77 boards. Also, the 3570K is just $20 more and allows for you to unlock your system fully as long as you have proper cooling.

If you would like, I can take a look at your build and recommend better components if I see it fit. Just provide me with a budget .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-motherboard-should-i-get-for-my-build.203630/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I have a new job build, after advice A new and few outgoing troubles for the moment so I decided I want to throw some A new build, after advice money away while I can For years I have a had a really simple PC usually for uni basic gaming etc with only a couple of upgrades to GPU PSU but now I A new build, after advice have the itch to create something bigger and largely unnecessary I have read and read and snooped and searched A new build, after advice various tech-based sites but it is kind of like opening a book to the middle and trying to understand what is going on so I am here to ask you fine people for some compatibility questions as well as obvious things I may have skipped over or missed Here is a quick list of things I have ended up being interested in MBoard Asus Maximus VII Hero Z or something similar CPU i - K GHz not sure to the benefits of jumping to i or such GPU s In this respect I am perfectly open to discussion I am willing to pay in total for something ridiculous MSI GTX Ti x PSU EVGA w P Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro x gb DDR - Basically the idea is to spend unnecessarily but also with a little future-proofing in there Things to bare in mind I am by no means rich but at this point in time I would like to spend a little money on myself Seriously though in total anything to give or take a couple hundred would be acceptable Secondly this build would be something I need to spend a month or two saving for to buy so if there is anything new and sparkly coming out in the near future I am sure that I am totally oblivious to it so feel free to advise Thank you in advance for anyone who helps me out nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-build-after-advice.205476/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 20.21%

I usually leave my monitor on 24/7, but have recently noticed that after leaving it off for an hour or so and turning it back on the display is darker on the top right side. I also noticed that after the monitor warms up everything seems to go back to normal once I turn it off then on again. This issue happened a year back as well but I didn't pay it any mind thinking it could possibly be something else. I can turn the monitor off and on over and over and the screen is fine with no darkening, but if I leave it off for an hour and turn it on the screen is sometimes dark. Any suggestions as to what I should do about it?

A:LG LED monitor ocassionally dark

Monitors aren't made to be turned on and off repeatedly - leave them in standby mode.

Almost sounds like something's screwed with the backlight. Hard to tell without a photo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-led-monitor-ocassionally-dark.205395/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 20.21%

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.

A:Dell 27" 5K Monitor

VitalyT said:

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.Click to expand...

And I thought 4K was crazy high resolution already xD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-27-5k-monitor.205015/
Relevancy 20.21%

OK I am trying to set up a 6 monitor eyefinity setup using two r9 290x GPU. I want to cross fire the GPU s and then plug 3 of the monitors into 3 of the 4 ports that are on the GPU and then plug the other 3 in via a port hub utilizing the last plug in on the gpu. My knowledge is limited so I have questions regarding this method. For one would this even work? 2. Would I be able to max out most games using this method? 3. Is there an easier way to do this?

A:Setting up a 6 monitor gaming rig

Scooby Dude said:

OK I am trying to set up a 6 monitor eyefinity setup using two r9 290x GPU. I want to cross fire the GPU s and then plug 3 of the monitors into 3 of the 4 ports that are on the GPU and then plug the other 3 in via a port hub utilizing the last plug in on the gpu. My knowledge is limited so I have questions regarding this method. For one would this even work? 2. Would I be able to max out most games using this method? 3. Is there an easier way to do this?Click to expand...

Let me put it this way, it can work as stated on AMD's website using a multi DP output hub.

To answer the second question though is a no you would not most likely be able to max out most games in this methodology. You will probably be able to run a game like Tomb Raider for instance at high settings but maxing out with 6 displays is pushing it.

The easiest way to do this is the only way...Basically buy the 3 way DP hub, hook up your monitors with adapters to whatever output method your choosing, then hookup the rest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-6-monitor-gaming-rig.204934/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello This is my very first post on this site I was looking for a good place for tech support and an My HDMI-DVI Monitor and with Connection Some Help Need this was recommend so now I m here Alright - here s the story A few months ago my neighbor moved They gave away some of their stuff one of which is a ViewSonic VG wm monitor which was given to me At first glance it didn t look like much Then I decided Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection to some research on it and it turns out that it s actually an HD monitor back from It even displays in full p After I found that out I wanted to try out my Wii U with it That s when I ran into a pretty big roadblock Turns out that even though it can do HD the oh so sensible people at ViewSonic decided to NOT incorporate an HDMI port Weird right Anyway it has two input ports - a DVI-D port and a VGA port I ve been using my laptop with the monitor through the VGA port and it displays at x Little did I know that VGA is quite archaic when Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection compared to DVI and HDMI I just went on vacation to the States I live in the Bahamas - and I was able to Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection pick up a really affordable yet well-reviewed DVI-HDMI male-to-male adapter cable made by ULTRA Since I couldn t bring my monitor with me I had to wait to get all the way back home here in the Bahamas Why oh why As soon as I got home I plugged in the cable to the back of the monitor the DVI end and into my Wii U the HDMI end I powered on the monitor and WALLA ----- oh wait quot No Signal quot I ve been trying for about - hours now and that s all I can get from it I ve tried all I can I even plugged the HDMI end into my set-top box and believe it or not IT WORKED I took it out and tried it again but once again quot No Signal quot That s the only time it s worked I m not sure what the case is I ve done all I can I tried it on my laptop it s the only one in the house with an HDMI port and this monitor is the only one in the house with a DVI port The monitor has age on it I can t access the OSD and there are a few bright spots but it still looks and works good I just really wanted to try DVI since it s apparently in the same ballpark as HDMI when it comes down to display quality So does anyone have any ideas I can t return the cable to try for a different one just in case IT S the problem - and to buy one here in my country is a little more expensive TL DR - Monitor won t accept DVI signal from HDMI to DVI adapter cable but accepts VGA just fine Any tips to attempt a fix nbsp

A:Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection

Not completely sure since I have a laptop (I don't use an external monitor), but don't you have to switch the input of the monitor like a TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-with-my-monitor-and-an-hdmi-dvi-connection.204858/
Relevancy 19.78%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!
About a year ago, the newest monitor for our home's main computer stopped functioning, so it had stopped being used. However, today I was in search of some files I needed that were on our old main computer, so I hooked up the old monitor that came with that computer and it didn't work as well. (The old monitor worked on a different computer). I tried hooking up a few other spare monitors to the old computer, but it they also did not work either. I came to the conclusion that the monitor input had crashed.

So, here's my question: Is it possible to use a KVM switch to display the old computers monitor display on my laptop to get access to my files, even without the old computer's monitor input functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-no-working-monitor-input.204590/
Relevancy 20.21%

As the title states I cant seem to get my monitor to turn on when I put ram in slots 3-4.. I currently have 2x2gb ram installed and im trying to install 2x1gb more(in slots 3-4)
both sets are matching pairs

Any suggestions?

CPU: amd phenom ii x4
GPU: Radeon hd 7700
MOBO: Gigabyte M720-US3
64 bit*

A:Monitor wont turn on with ram in slots 3-4

What's the timings, frequency, and voltage on the RAM sets?

Also confirming, that you are putting them into matching ram slots? 3-4 tells me nothing and can be misunderstood anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-turn-on-with-ram-in-slots-3-4.204476/
Relevancy 76.54%

I usually connect the vga cable from my monitor to the port on my gpu,but for some reason it doesn't display anything now.

I tried to locate the source of the problem by doing these

1) Connected the vga cable from my laptop to the monitor, and it displays the laptop's content just fine so the monitor/cable isn't the issue.

2)Connected the cable to the vga port on my samsung smart tv and to the slot on my gpu and my desktop boots and functions just fine.

3) I opened up my cpu cabinet and dusted the ram and the video card and put everything back in place but that didn't help either.

I don't have a DVI cable with me so I can't check if that works and I don't have another similar monitor either I can test it on other than my tv.

Video card: AMD HD6770

Monitor Samsung 23'S22B series

A:Monitor powers up, but does not display

Is the port you're trying to get video out of active? It might be turned "off." Just a thought....

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-powers-up-but-does-not-display.202749/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Samsung monitor, model 460FP-3. It has been working properly by HDMI but I plugged a device by VGA, then I went back to HDMI source and it didn't work. Now the monitor seems to be blocked in some way that I can't run it by HDMI. Could you help me? I've tried resetting to factory settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-samsung-fp460-3.204439/
Relevancy 20.21%

In August I purchased one of the new Samsung Series laptops with Windows -bit I love the laptop However due to eyesight problems I need to connect it to an external monitor I talked to Samsung BEFORE I bought the laptop and asked if they had a docking station for it They said they did not but that I would be able to connect it to a VGA monitor When I received the laptop I noticed that it did not have a VGA connection only a micro-HDMI connection I again called Samsung debacle external monitor Samsung They told me no problem just buy a VGA to micro-HDMI adapter They told me I could find one at any electronics store I was in Phoenix at the time and could not find it at any electronics store But I found a VGA-USB adapter I tried it and found that it worked except for when I was trying my email or browsers Then it just did not work I decided to buy Samsung external monitor debacle a new monitor and figured I would buy a Samsung monitor because it obviously Would have no problems connecting to a Samsung laptop I found a good monitor the Series S A H Before buying it I called Samsung and asked them if it would work They assured me it would connect to my laptop So I bought the monitor and had it shipped to me overseas When it arrived it only had VGA and HDMI connections I called Samsung again and they told me they had a VGA to micro-HDMI adapter They would not ship it to me overseas but would ship it to a friend in Hawaii who would then re-ship it to me After weeks it arrived However it was not a VGA to micro-HDMI adapter but the charger for my laptop I called back to Samsung and then told me to order it from Samsung parts I contacted Samsung parts and they said they did not have such an adapter and just to get it at any electronics store same story I still could not find such an adapter so I ordered an HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter When that finally arrived I was able to connect Nothing but problems I got no picture on my external monitor unless I unplugged the monitor each time and plugged it back in When I finally got a picture I noticed that it had about a inch border all the way around it thereby making it only a little larger than my laptop picture I called Samsung again and they said something like because of the HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter I could not get the proper resolution on my external monitor This is driving me CRAZY I have spent over on long-distance international calls to Samsung they won t call me because I am out of the US but I must call them and get a call center which is usually out of the US Why would Samsung make a laptop that is impossible to connect to an external monitor Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can properly connect my laptop to this monitor Thank you nbsp

A:Samsung external monitor debacle

edit: okay, now I read it properly.

Your Monitor may not be scaling the resolution to match it's maximum output. Try setting the monitor to be the only active display (as in output to external monitor only) and adjusting the resolution in windows to match the maximum resolution your monitor will allow. If that works, you at least have a starting point.

Also, are they referring to the Samsung AA-AH1NAMB/US Micro HDMI to VGA Adapter??? I'd suggest trying to find an e-tailer that will ship to your location, rather than dealing with Samsung directly anymore, since it REALLY seems to be costing you unnecessary time and money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-external-monitor-debacle.172911/
Relevancy 20.21%

A few days ago I bought some screenwipes to clean my monitor screen & iPhone screen. They worked great on my iPhone & laptop but when I did my W7 tower I felt bumps which are from un expected sneezes & would like to know if there is another way to clean that off or if I'll just have to use more than one wipe.

A:Cleaning my monitor screen

You just have to put some muscle into it! I had the same sneeze marks on my screen from over the years and a bit of elbow grease was the key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cleaning-my-monitor-screen.204176/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everyone

Could someone look over what I have and see if there is anything wrong with the list. oo and I have a SSD hard drive already and can someone recommend a CD drive and ram?
thanks in advance

Qty.Product DescriptionSavingsTotal Price
ASUS GeForce GTX 770 GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 Video Card
Item #:N82E16814121770
Return Policy: VGA Replacement Only Return Policy
$399.99
$374.99
NVIDIA Gift - Watch Dogs
Item #:N82E16800995199
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy
$69.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor
Item #:N82E16819116900
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
$338.99
$326.99
CORSAIR CSM Series CS750M 750W Power Supply
Item #:N82E16817139061
$129.99
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #:N82E16813132124
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
$274.99
$254.99
NZXT Phantom 410 Series CA-PH410-B1 Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window
Item #:N82E16811146085
$124.99
$104.99
Grand Total:$1,191.95

A:First computer build

Holy smokes.

Possibly, no one has commented because 1. people want to hear what you are aiming for - a gaming PC? CAD/CAM? Web-surfing? etc., and 2. you sure piled on a list of pricey items without any argument for why you need such pricey items when you can do nearly as well by sliding down the price range a lot, and 3. you have not said what size the SSD is - it might not be large enough to comfortably support operating system plus a few multi-player games.

A first-time build does not have to be the ultimate Win experience. Largely, builders work for a trade-off between cost and function. For your first build, you may want to build something that is straightforward, not too expensive, and can be upgraded in the future.

If money is no object, just get the most expensive of everything and enjoy. Just make sure everything is compatible.

I am not trying to be rude. Just kinda surprised by the price tags, and the lack of responses thus far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build.204008/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can someone take a look and tell me if this build is OK.

Intel Celeron G1620
MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
AMERA CASE PINK GIRLS MICRO ATX
Could you suggest also some memory and a video card although I already have a GeForce 8600GS, will that card be enough?

Thanks

A:Super cheap build for minecraft and youtube

childofthetao said:

Can someone take a look and tell me if this build is OK.

Intel Celeron G1620
MSI H61M-P20 (G3)
AMERA CASE PINK GIRLS MICRO ATX
Could you suggest also some memory and a video card although I already have a GeForce 8600GS, will that card be enough?

ThanksClick to expand...

Minecraft does not need much but it does need a decent CPU (At least a mediocre one) to do a decent FPS on most settings. In my experience changing the settings does not help as much until you get really low on the game (mostly its draw distance that helps) so I would suggest a slightly higher cpu and a low GPU like an R7 250 or and HD 7750.

Try something like this, Im keeping it cheap but you will appreciate minecraft more with a slightly better processor in the end.

Pentium Dual Core 3.0ghz

MSI H81

Corsair 4gb (2x2gb kit) 1600

PowerColor R7 250

XFX 450Watt 80+ Bronze

You can go lower on the GPU if you wish and the PSU selection on that site did not leave me much room but you can go lower. Otherwise the rest is a decent value budget minecraft build which could get a good playable game experience for anyone needing an inexpensive machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/super-cheap-build-for-minecraft-and-youtube.203666/
Relevancy 21.07%

The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

A:LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-g2-ips-display-weird-problem-video-for-explanation.203474/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to record from a webcam, mounted on a vehicle.

I need to use 2 displays, 1 for the camera fullscreen 7? display (HeadsUp), and the other displaying the software controls.

Any suggestions for the hardware/software?

Mac OS preferred but can go with PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-display-webcam-recording.203677/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys I m hoping I could get some advice on a new build I m doing soon It will primarily £1200 Build for MMO Gaming focus on MMOs and Wildstar and WoW absolutely must work on it although it should beast through them Would be nice if other stuff did too though please point out any incompatibilities or things you would do differently Thanks in advance Specs here Case PCS MAELSTROM T BLACK GAMING CASE Processor CPU Intel MMO Gaming Build for £1200 Core i Quad Core Processor i - k MMO Gaming Build for £1200 GHz MB Cache Motherboard Gigabyte Z X Gaming ATX LG USB SATA GBs XFIRE SLI Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR MHz X M P x GB Graphics Card GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX - DVI HDMI DP - D Vision Ready st Hard Disk GB KINGSTON V SSD SATA Gb MB R MB W nd Hard Disk TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD FZEX SATA Gb s MB CACHE rpm st DVD BLU-RAY Drive x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER R RW RAM Memory Card Reader INTERNAL IN CARD READER XD MS CF SD etc x USB PORT Power Supply CORSAIR W RM SERIES MODULAR PLUS GOLD ULTRA QUIET Processor Cooling CoolerMaster Seidon M High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Sound Card ONBOARD CHANNEL HIGH DEF AUDIO AS STANDARD Wireless Wired Networking WIRELESS N Mbps PCI CARD USB Options MIN x USB amp x USB PORTS BACK PANEL MIN FRONT PORTS Operating System Genuine Windows Bit - inc DVD amp Licence nbsp

A:MMO Gaming Build for £1200

A better ssd, use an air cooler like Noctua D14 or 15, phanteks,stronger psu for future sli or crossfire 750 or 850,something like a 450mbp dual band for wireless or something in the ac wireless class, 8gigs would serve you well but 16 is nice to have. Last but not least I7 for just gaming is really just paying far to much for just gaming. One of the newer I5s would serve just aswell and save you a dollar. While the build would run okay, Its price to performance is grossly off. You are building a overclocker that cant overclock.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Freaksamcker/saved/BTwkcf As far as ram wise, the fastest ram within your budget.( 8gigs) Make sure the air cooler will fit in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mmo-gaming-build-for-%C2%A31200.203569/
Relevancy 19.78%

I picked up a Samsung SyncMaster 930b at a GoodWill near my home, it seemed in great condition when I picked it up, plugged it in at the store, turned right on, Digital popped up in the corner, I thought everything was fine.
Got home, hooked it up to my laptop through a DVI-HDMI cable, the desktop popped up, for about a second, then the screen went black. Now I can only get anything to display when I press the button to switch between Analog and Digital, it will pop up for a second when it switches to digital but then it shuts off again.
I even tried it on an raspberry pi I have and the same thing happened. Unfortunately though I dont have a VGA cable to see if maybe its just the DVI connection. Any advice from anyone or has anyone experienced this before and is it fixable?

A:Picked up a cheap monitor, hoping for an easy fix

Some desktop video cards are packaged with dvi to vga adaptor.
see if you have one to test vga video connection.

hooked it up to my laptop through a DVI-HDMI cableClick to expand...

also, I think not all video connections are supported by a dvi-hdmi adaptor (?).
check laptop manual if such connection is supported.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picked-up-a-cheap-monitor-hoping-for-an-easy-fix.203403/
Relevancy 21.5%

When I power on my Toshiba equium a200-151, the screen lights up but no display at all - even though there is loading activity. I rigged up to my PC monitor and everything is fine - see bios and windows loading etc. Borrowed a spare compatible working screen but same problem. I'm not 100% sure if its the inverter or the ribbon connector - any ideas before I buy a new inverter? Thanks for looking.

A:Lcd lights at power on but no display

I would say that the video cable (ribbon cable) is bad based on what you have tried so far. This cable goes from the motherboard to the LCD display. Did you use the old inverter off the suspect Toshiba when you tried the compatible spare LCD panel?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-lights-at-power-on-but-no-display.203111/
Relevancy 19.78%

I built a gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. Also the keyboard and mouse won't turn on.
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 700

A:Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Could you please provide the specs for your build? Need to list the exact parts you used, including make and model. It makes things easier to help with diagnosing your issue or issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-own-computer-but-it-wont-connect-to-monitor.203102/