Windows Support Forum

Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

Q: Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

Ok I m not the best and building computers and am very new at it My fresh build will boot but display absolutely nothing on the it like except everything Fresh display all powers at should build, no on monitor monitor by nothing I mean it won t even go to bios or turn the power light from standby to on This build will boot up all fans will run with no problems including cpu and video card fans and everything will shut Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor off by holding down the power button properly Also I have not gotten any light or beep codes Here is what I have asus m a motherboard amd fx -core processor black edition asus gtx ti direct cu video card ddr gb Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor x gb MHz dual corsair vengeance ram watt xion xio power supply sata tb barracuda hard drive dvd cd - writable drive cm storm scout case I have tried trouble shooting programs for the motherboard and video card with no results I have tried resetting the rtc ram I have double checked the power plugs are plugged in properly and making a proper circuit I have taken everything out except the motherboard cpu cpu fan and power supply and still gotten no beeps I have tried changing how the stupid speaker wire connects connecting incorrectly according to the manual and still no freaking beeps I have tried using hdmi and vga cords connected to my tv that supports pc s and a monitor nothing worked cord wise but my old pc worked like a dream when connected to them when talking to tech support for the motherboard they helped me check that it wasn t a grounding issue I have talked to all my pc buddies called tech support and no one can tell me anything i haven t tried or that has worked I have no idea what is wrong I need help I have spent the last two day all day working on this with no clue what is happening nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fresh build, everything powers like it should except no display at all on monitor

do you have the monitor cable plugged into the GPU or MOBO?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-build-everything-powers-like-it-should-except-no-display-at-all-on-monitor.178244/
Relevancy 77.83%

It s been three years since computer build powers no on, up/stays but New display/post/bios I built a New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios new comp Serial ata PCI-e dual channel ram and pin mainboard connections were foreign Having everything sic connected my new puter powers up runs without complaint left it on for five minutes or so and manually shut it back off but nothing comes to my moniter ie it stays orange yellowish in sleep mode instead of green for an active connection There are also no beep codes Specs Antec Smart Power w Asus A N X Athlon GB stick of G Skill Evga GT That s just what I m trying to get it to bootup display Post with I ve also x GB G Skill stick g Western Digital NEC DVD Burner Which remain disconnected unattached for the sake of my sanity Every fan case mobo cpu gpu runs the motherboard and front panel LEDs lightup fine There is New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios no restart shutdown of the system at all The soft hard resets work perfectly New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios CMOS is has been also set to default Both of the moniters I ve tried to hookup to the are Analog Viewsonic CRT Dell LCD and the only has DVI outs Thusly I ve used the pack-in DVI - RGB connectors If there s a problem with displaying the inital bios using those and not straight digital I ve not come across it on websearches The only other thing that I ve read about was the v rail needing ample ampage My Antec allows for a on V and a on V With the card s fan powering up and staying on I had somewhat ruled that out Lastly I ve tried the single stick of ram in each slot The A N X supposedly goes A -B A -B for dual channel so now the g stick sits in the first A slot Mucho thanks in advance to any help suggestion troubleshoots hopefully it s just an ignorant mistake on my end No F E A R Oblivion for yet awhile more it seems nbsp

A:New computer build powers up/stays on, but no display/post/bios

Looks like you'll have a real nice system once you get it up and running!

Couple of questions:

1. Do you have both of the power connections to the motherboard? There should be two, the 24 pin and the 4pin.
2. Do you have the power connection going to your graphics card? Most newer cards (but not all) require a 4pin molex connection from the PSU directly to the card.
3. Did you hook up the case's speaker? It would have been one of those tiny annoying to connect wires (assuming your case has a speaker - they are very small and hard to find). If your case has a speaker, this is very useful. The beep codes may tell us what is wrong.
4. Did you use the riser pins into the case's screwholes (under your motherboard) before you installed the motherboard into your case? (some cases have the riser pins pre-installed for you, some don't).
5. What speed ram are you trying to use? Do you have a different make of ram you can test in there?

Also, take a look at the LED lights on the motherboard and see what color they are both before and after you hit the power button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-powers-up-stays-on-but-no-display-post-bios.48185/
Relevancy 76.54%

I usually connect the vga cable from my monitor to the port on my gpu,but for some reason it doesn't display anything now.

I tried to locate the source of the problem by doing these

1) Connected the vga cable from my laptop to the monitor, and it displays the laptop's content just fine so the monitor/cable isn't the issue.

2)Connected the cable to the vga port on my samsung smart tv and to the slot on my gpu and my desktop boots and functions just fine.

3) I opened up my cpu cabinet and dusted the ram and the video card and put everything back in place but that didn't help either.

I don't have a DVI cable with me so I can't check if that works and I don't have another similar monitor either I can test it on other than my tv.

Video card: AMD HD6770

Monitor Samsung 23'S22B series

A:Monitor powers up, but does not display

Is the port you're trying to get video out of active? It might be turned "off." Just a thought....

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-powers-up-but-does-not-display.202749/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi All I have a PC which up until a few weeks ago worked fine although every so often the fan would fire up really loud for a minute or two PSU fan This happened last week after using the PC for only - minutes and the PC switched itself off Now when I try to power it back up I get no display on the monitor The monitor is still working as i ve tested with another machine and i ve checked the cables are secure I notice the hard drive light comes on for the first seconds only after powering up and then nothing The DVD and CD drives still open and close so are getting power but the USB ports are not no PC on but up powers display monitor powering any external devices I ve opened up the case and its amazingly dusty the CPU heatsink is covered with dust just below the cooling fan All the boards have a layer of dust on them the machine is around years old Does this mean the PC has maybe overheated due to the dust and fried the motherboard Any advice on what I can do to test correct this would be appreciated Thanks PC powers up but no display on monitor nbsp

A:PC powers up but no display on monitor

"Does this mean the PC has maybe overheated due to the dust and fried the motherboard?"... Carefully clean out as much dust as you can. Do this on the power supply too. The power supply and not the motherboard could be bad. Was the CPU fan running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-no-display-on-monitor.137604/
Relevancy 72.67%

i was having trouble with time slowing so i changed the cmos battery as directed by forum now pc will only beeps all drives have power but no display on monitor and pc keeps beeping

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changed-cmos-battery-pc-powers-up-to-all-drives-but-only-beeps-no-display-on-monitor.73425/
Relevancy 67.94%

ASUS A7V600-X MB
AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (FSB 333MHz)
512MB PC3200 Mushkin

I have tried three different PowerSupplies. Every time the computer will power on for about 2 seconds then shut off. Could it be I'm using PC3200? I don't have any PC2700 to test with. Motherboard is brand new, CPU works in another computer. Any suggestions?

A:New Build Powers On for about 2 seconds then Powers off.

Lower Memory & Other Timings in BIOS

Lower the memory timings in the BIOS, check the voltage values, and make sure the FSB or AGP is not being overclocked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-powers-on-for-about-2-seconds-then-powers-off.25517/
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently bought brand new parts to build my own PC I had a friend put it together He tested it display won't Monitor PC build new on brand on his monitor and the bios started up fine I took it home and tried plugging it into MY monitor and there s no display The power light is just yellow The monitor is old but I know it works to an extent because my old desktop registers it It s a inch Dell The port on the back of the new desktop is VGA Here are the rest of my computer specs as follows Mobo - MSI Z MA-ED B LGA Intel Z B DDR SATA and USB Monitor won't display on brand new PC build A amp GbE MATX Processor - Intel Core i - GHz MB Cache Socket LGA Memory - Corsair Vengeance GB x Monitor won't display on brand new PC build GB DDR MHz PC -Pin DDR Memory Kit for Intel Core i i i and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ GX M A PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX watt Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX CMPSU- CXV HDD - Western Monitor won't display on brand new PC build Digital Caviar Blue GB SATA III RPM MB Cache Bulk OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD AAKX Video card - MSI AMD Radeon HD G Pcie GDDR Heatsink - Cooler Master Hyper EVO CPU Cooler RR- E- PK-R Like I said he plugged the newly built PC into his own monitor and the bios started up fine Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor won't display on brand new PC build

did you plug the monitor into the board or the 6850? Just use the VGA/DVI adapter that came with the GPU and you should be good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-on-brand-new-pc-build.179286/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi hopeing someone here can help out.

built a new PC and installed Win 8.1 and updated it all.
had the BSOD clock watchdog time out since system 1st built

here is speccy link

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/s4AK5C6zNUVqlIYOPjkGncw

minidump file zip

https://www.mediafire.com/?5jtz00ulfjo5170

could only get access to 1/2 of the files ?

also attached is output of last 10 errors from mini tool box.

I am going to run 10 Pass memory test overnight to see if there are any errors with the memory.

Did speak to guy where i bought the components and his idea was to do full wipe and reinstall of windows.
I do try and leave this to last ditch attempt.

Thanks for all and any help or advice.

Ross.

A:Clock watchdog timeout win 8.1 fresh build pc and fresh windows install

A wee update.

ran mem test over night. did 10 passes and no errors with the memory.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531175/clock-watchdog-timeout-win-81-fresh-build-pc-and-fresh-windows-install/
Relevancy 62.78%

New everything, but for sake of simplicity all I'm using is literally my motherboard, PSU, and that little speaker thing that beeps at me if need be.

I short the power to turn it on, it should beep at me, it does nothing for a few seconds, then powers down.

My buddy at work told me to try this when I told him of the original problem. Which was... I had the CPU, HSF, RAM, and Graphics card installed.
The result was when I powered up it (the CPU and PSU fan) spun for about 4-5 seconds, then powered down.

Without the graphics card the same thing happened.. and I tried with 3 different sticks of ram.

Motherboard dead, or something else?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everybody I am trying to build my first PC and I encountered some problems Any help is greatly appreciated Hardware CASE PSU iCAN PE- Mid ATX Case with W Power Supply CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition W Quad Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm HDZ FBGMBOX MOBO Gigabyte GA-MA LMT-S Socket AM AMD G SB Chipset ATI Radeon HD Graphics Dual-Channel DDR Mhz - Channel HD Audio Gigabit LAN x SATA Gb s x USB Micro fan LED nothing CPU New + works else powers build, up, ATX RAM G-Skill GB DDR MHz sticks of ram so GB total VIDEO Asus EAH SILENT DI GD LP ATI Radeon HD Chipset MHz GB Mhz GDDR Dual Display DVI HDMI D-Sub PCI-Express New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works Graphics Card Problem Computer powers up CPU fans spin HDD and CD drives both power up Monitor is a blank screen and power light on the monitor keeps flashing like its sleeping Also there are no beeps What I tried - Made sure motherboard was sitting on pegs properly no short anywhere - Removed the RAM no beeps - Removed the CMOS battery and put it back in no luck - Reseated processor checked for bent pins - Monitor VGA cable works using it right now - Removed Video card and I m using on board VGA now At this point I am fresh out of ideas and I really dont want to think the motherboard or CPU is fried Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all responders in advance nbsp

A:New build, CPU fan + LED powers up, nothing else works

The thing that really sticks out for me is your power supply. If this came with the case be aware that with few exceptions most are junk. And with your hardware list I am highly doubtful you have enough power.

Utilize the following: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Also, did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS since you have a video card installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-cpu-fan-led-powers-up-nothing-else-works.164546/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
i'm using the parts outlined here:
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/879088-new-build-wont-post.html

The build powers up, I see LED lights and the cpu fan starts spinning. The led's on the keyboard fire up when I hit the power button, but no video,

I don't have a video card, I'm using the onboard video.
I have one stick of ram and one HD, and the dvd drive, nothing else installed.
Any ideas?
thanks!!
bp

Relevancy 58.91%

The following are the components that are in the build Asus powers computer up build, but won't boot New P P LGA Intel CPU Support Intel I New computer build, powers up but won't boot k Sandy Bridge G Skill F - CL D- GBXM Ram Radeon HD xfx graphics card Basia W PSU GB HDD DVD-RW I m pretty sure that they are all compatible but the issue is when ever i hit the power button it starts up for seconds then the power cuts out but a few seconds later it powers back up LED s on the mobo are on HDD is spinning all fans are going the CPU and Video Card included I swapped the graphics card with a buddy s of mine and it worked fine on his rig The issue that i m experiencing is that it doesnt Boot at all The computer stays powered on but nothing ever goes onto the screen Granted i m a new to building PC s but i think it might be either the Ram or the Mobo any suggestions nbsp

A:New computer build, powers up but won't boot

So when you power up your PC, it starts and then turns off and then back on? So you swapped a GPU with your friend and the PC booted, or what?

Have you overclocked yet?
How many sticks of RAM do you have, 2 or 4? First try only with one stick. If the problem stills persists then swam for the other Stick.

What OS did you install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-build-powers-up-but-wont-boot.171583/
Relevancy 58.91%

Alright... Now I seem to have another problem with my set up. It powers on, all the lights work, fans work... but nothing shows on screen and I don't hear any beeps. I've made sure the system speaker is connected correctly.

Here is a list of everything I have connected.

keyboard

* XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case

* CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

* ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
* AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor Model HDT55TFBGRBOX

* CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9
I've disconnected everything else. I even tried both sticks of memory, one at a time.

A:New build - powers on, black screen

start with trouble shooting the "BIG FOUR"
MOBO
RAM
Graphic card
Proccessor

in this case i suggest reset the graphic card and make sure all connections are seated well after that if it dosent work you could fix it by swaping the Graphic card with a different one to determine if its a GC issue .

one question you see black screen ? do you even get to see the bois menu or nothing at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-powers-on-black-screen.148344/
Relevancy 58.05%

Don't get this! The new PC I built won't come on. Powers up for less than a second before immediately shutting down again. Connections all look fine, it's a pre-assembled mobo bundle with RAM included, which has been tested. Few old components in there, I didn't change my PSU fyi, but it's 600W so thought it would be ok.

PLEASE HELP with some suggestions as to what can be causing this! Not beeping at all. Hardware spec:

Mobo: Foxconn - INTEL H61 CHIPSET MOTHERBOARD
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ -
INTEL CORE I3 2120
HDD: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX550 Ti (OC version)

Thanks in advance,
Chloe

A:Solved: HELP PLEASE!! New build starts up and immediately powers off!

Reseat your ram and graphics card. Make sure that power and sata cable are still plugged in.
Let me know if that takes care of it. If not we will go from here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-please-new-build-starts-up-and-immediately-powers-off.1038497/
Relevancy 58.05%

Howdy .... I'm upgrading a computer and after putting it all together I can't get the power to stay on. I hit the power button and the fans spin for a few seconds and that's it. I checked all my connections and they seem ok ... I have a cooler master 500w P/S I know works because I just pulled it from the machine I'm upgrading from.

This is the mobo.

This is the CPU. I checked my hookup to the case and it looks ok.

The cpu is plug into the mobo. An in goes into the LGA socket only fits one way you can't put it in wrong. I installed the memory 2 2GB DDR 3 memory sticks. A PCI sound blaster card, and a pci-e IDE adapter. I have a PNY GForce 210 in the pci-e video slot. Not sure what is going on .... ah .... HELP!

A:Solved: New Build Powers For A Couple of Seconds

take the motherboard out of the case and look at the heatsink pins at the back of the mobo, did u install it correctly?
make sure u dont have a xtra riser in the case shorting on the back of the mobo
do a out of case build on the mobo box and see if it will bootup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-powers-for-a-couple-of-seconds.1121661/
Relevancy 56.76%

PC was working fine, then next time I turn it on it turns on but no display at all?
No post BEEPS or anything either

Have tried onboard graphics and 2 separate graphics cards but nothing. any ideas?

Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having this problem with my PC. When I turn it on the cpu fans turn on but nothing shows up on screen and there is no beep. On third or fourth attempt the PC beeps, boots up and it works perfectly fine. It seems like it needs to warm up every time i turn it on. I have taken the whole motherboard out of the casing and took everything off except the cpu and rams but still having the same problem. I also tested the power supply and its fine. I tested other rams but same problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem or let me know is it the cpu or the motherboard that is faulty.
Thanks

A:PC Powers up but no Display!!!

Without knowing what yor pc is and what happened to cause the problem, we really can't offer any advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-no-display.51182/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have attached screen shot of specs. I installed Adobe Creative Suite 5 on this computer and left it running overnight. This morning when I came back to it the system powered off when I accessed it. Now when I power it on I can hear the system running and see that the NIC is working but the hard drive does appear to be running. I tried to access it remotely but no luck. Are there any suggestions or did my hard drive just go bad? Please advise. Thanks.

Relevancy 56.33%

hi everyone here i have a laptop it powers on well but does not display anything on my monitor and when i connect it to an external monitor it displays well but with blue vertical lines any help on my problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/laptop-powers-on-but-does-not-display/td-p/5701313
Relevancy 56.33%

so i had this 6 yr old pc when i turn on the power it doesnt show any display, bios, or beep sounds. before this.problem occured i just cleaned out the dust inside.the pc.and after i turned it on.in displays.nothing.
i also tried seating the loosen parts properly
i also tried reseting the bios settings
but.i still didnt replace the.hardwares cause i dont know.which is the.problem

btw my specs
intel pentium d 830 3.0 ghz
ddr2 512mb 667mhz ram
80gb sata II hdd
no v card integrated only
via p4m... mobo

pls i need help if what. is the.prob...if i need to replace a hardware or what

A:pc powers on but no display, beep or anything

First question is: what does it do? Any lights? Fans run? Or is everything dead?

The first guess, based on what you have described, is the power supply is going/gone.
Can you borrow a known working supply to test with?

But if there is nothing happening at all it could be as simple as a case switch.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309916-pc-powers-but-no-display-beep-anything.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Thank you but that video was not helpful really. As I indicated in my original message, I had already done the things that video suggests. Plus it was mostly about a regular desktop, and did not address the all in ones really. I am gettting the led flashing but I cannot find anywhere the specfic diagnostic codes for my all in one. I only find them for regular dekstops. If they are kind of the same, then would the led that i indicated flashing..is it pointing to a failed cpu? I really need specific information about my model. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/23-f364-powers-up-but-no-display/td-p/5646128
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all Recently my computer has been giving me some strange troubles The Past Two Days Two days ago I was messing with overclocking my pc via n overclock dial that is on my motherboard and had it all working fine but decided I didn't need to overclock After bringing my ghz back to its normal speed I started to have some strange problems The cpu up, display. powers Computer nothing on but speed was ranging from - and changing every couple of seconds My frame rate in all my games was capping at frames a second Lastly the computer took a couple tries to turn on successfully because sometimes it would start up but the monitor wouldn't display anything I had this problem again this morning but it finally booted through I Computer powers up, but nothing on display. restarted my computer again because I updated a driver and now it just doesn't load in period Also I recently cleaned my pc including the fans inside of Computer powers up, but nothing on display. the case and the cpu fan with paper towels cotton swabs and air duster What I have tried Resetting my cmos Unplugging everything Cleaning dust off of everything Computer Specs Geforce GTX AMD Phenom II x t tb black calv hard drive gb of ram MSI fxa-gd ghz Cooler Master full tower case Not too sure which power supply however If you have any other questions please feel free to ask All help is greatly appreciated Have a wonderful day

A:Computer powers up, but nothing on display.

Hi WIznet. Sounds to me like a corrupted video driver. CPU speed going from 800Mhz to 3.5GHZ is normal with cool and quiet. Try starting your machine in safe mode and verify the display works. Then reload the NVidia video card driver doing a clean install. Did you overclock the video card or did your machine crash in a big way whilst overclocking the cpu? You may need Drivesweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper to remove the video driver before you can reinstall it. SafeMSI.exe - Start Windows Installer Service in Safe Mode will enable you to unistall corrupted drivers from safe mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300580-computer-powers-up-but-nothing-display.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I ve got a computer that seems to be powering up all the fans work but I am getting no display on the monitor Here s what I ve tired Changing the monitor and all cables Changing out the video card Changing display PC no powers no - but beeps up, out the memory Chainging the hard drive Changin the power supply I get the same thing with all of these So what is it The motherboard I had a few PC powers up, but no display - no beeps issues before this happened yesterday the PC wouldn t power off at the quot shut down quot command the only way to turn it off was at the power point and it was also acting irratic sometimes restarting itself I tried to start the hard drive up in another computer but can t get past the manufacturers screen But when I put a new hard drive in the computer I still get no display Anyone know what is going on Also one thing to add I can t see any lights on the motherboard usually I can see a green light on motherboards but I can t see anything on this one nbsp

A:PC powers up, but no display - no beeps

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

My first thought would be the power supply. Fans running, CD Drawers openiing and closing, and a few lights on the front of the case does not mean it is booting. Do the Caps Lock and Num Lock lights on the Keyboard light up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-powers-up-but-no-display-no-beeps.977011/
Relevancy 56.33%

So here is what I've done been through so far The other day the Computer wouldn't power on I tested the psu with a power supply display. no but on powers Computer testing tool everything is fine with the psu I unplugged everything and did an isolation Computer powers on but no display. test it wouldn't even power on with just the motherboard Computer powers on but no display. cpu and heatsink stick of ram and a monitor cable Wouldn't even power on No fans spinning at all I came to the conclusion that it was the motherboard which was the problem I ordered a new motherboard and I've installed that The computers turns on during an isolation test from no unnecessary stuff plugged into the motherboard and with everything it usually has attached gpu another stick of ram pci card etc It powers on fans spin but nothing is displayed on the monitor I have a feeling it might be a damaged cpu because when I tried to remove the heatsink from the OLD motherboard the CPU was removed with the heatsink because it was STUCK onto the heatsink At this point in time the cpu heatsink are stuck together and are completely off the old motherboard To put it into the new motherboard I need to unstick the CPU I did some search and used this guide How to Remove a Processor Fused to a Heatsink Steps which said to use alcohol and dental floss to remove it from the heatsink At first nothing was happening and I couldn't even get the dental floss inbetween the CPU and the heatsink so I did more research and I read that soaking the CPU in alcohol would help I did not have enough alcohol to do this it's regulated in Australia so can only buy ml bottles so I put some alcohol in a small plastic spray bottle and I sprayed it all around the edges where the heatsink and the CPU meet After a few mins of spraying twisting carefully at that and using dental floss I accidentally bent a pin while using the dental floss but I managed to bend the pin BACK it finally came unstuck Finally I inserted the CPU into the NEW motherboard and secured the heat sink on top I did an isolation test and slowly put all the components in as it POWERED ON Keep in mind not once did it display anything on the monitor not even POST I have tried both a vga and dvi cables the monitor is working also I am currently at a loss of what is wrong with it I have a feeling it's the CPU but I want to figure out a way to be sure it is the CPU before I buy a new one they are expensive The CPU I am using is an AMD A - k and an ASRock FM A M Extreme motherboard The graphics card is a AMD Radeon R and the PSU is a SilverStone W SST-ST F-ES The power supply is fine as I have tested it using a power supply testing tool Does anyone have any idea what's wrong

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-powers-on-but-no-display-1047714.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I hear the fan going and the hard drive I think when I power on but there is no display whatsoever on the monitor I have taken out anything attached to the pc held down the power button to reset and then tried again with no luck I powers no but up display 23-f364 have tried to find the diagnostic codes for this machine but it 23-f364 powers up but no display keeps brining me to documentation that goes over NON all -in-one desktops nbsp There is a flashing led light on then off once then does it again etc It is above the usb ports belong the card reader This led light is on the side of the computer What does this mean Is it indicating a dead machine nbsp I believe this computer has an integrated graphic card so doesn't look like that can be replaced nbsp What can I try next and where can I find specific information for this all in one model nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks in advance for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/23-f364-powers-up-but-no-display/td-p/5643865
Relevancy 55.9%

i have this pc about 7 yrs. it powers on but no disp. boot beeps, but the fans, hdd, dvd rom works.

my psu is not branded btw. 540w, and the prob occured when i smelled something burned or toased. i just cant tell surelly.

note: i have no vcard, also tried reseating cmos. checked the cpu hsf normal temp

A:powers on but no display, boot, beeps

As you know, something burned out (literally).
The most likely suspects are the power supply and the motherboard (a component on the motherboard).
If you can borrow a compatible power supply from someone you can hook it up to test.

If it is not the power supply then you are most likely looking at a new motherboard. And since this is 7 years old there is a good chance you will not find a new replacement.
It could be time for a new (or new used) system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/312470-powers-but-no-display-boot-beeps.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just got a laptop from a friend of mine who said if I could fix it it or beeps, but display, Laptop fan no up, powers s mine Got it today as a matter of fact It is a Dell Inspiron lessee E with GB of DDR RAM and that s about as much as I know about it aside from the fact that it was designed for Windows XP Media Center Edition She had just recently had it in the shop but a few months ago one of her girls knocked it off of a coffee table and that is when the issue started It charges and powers up i e The power indicator lights up and you can hear the CD DVD-RW drive kick on the hard drive spools up but doesn t seem to do anything and nothing else really happens although you can feel the heatsink warm up over the course of a few minutes though the fan doesn t spin Now I m pretty good with desktops but as far as I know laptops are a different animal in a few respects I haven t opened the laptop other than to check Laptop powers up, but no display, beeps, or fan the amount of RAM in the system and pull the hard drive to check for broken platters no high-tech maracca by the way but that s hardly invasive surgery So I guess I m just wondering if there s anything I can do to save this laptop or am I just better off burying it nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All,

I had a problem with my own computer in the past, and this was the only place that I could find help, and now I'm trying to help my brother fix a problem and figured I would see if you all could help me again.

We are dealing with an HP Pavilion zd7140us laptop. When you turn it on, it powers up because all the lights come on, but it beeps three times and the display doesn't come on. Absolutely no idea about what happened other than, my brother was using it and it was fine. He walked away and left it on (so the battery died) and when he tried to plug it in and turn it on this problem resulted. The HP web site was of no particular help. Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop powers up but display doesn't come on...

Depending on the BIOS version, 3 beeps could mean a failure in the memory (RAM). Or not.

I would suggest that although the lights are coming on, the computer is NOT actually booting. That's what the beeps are telling you, so its not guaranteed to be a display problem, as the display will not work until the computer at least passes POST (Power On Self Test).

Sounds like there is a failure in the system, probably hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-powers-up-but-display-doesnt-come-on.300528/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok earlier today I was watching a dvd on my pc When I went to put in a new dvd it started up and went to the menu It worked fine for a few until I not Powers Monitor does PC Up, hit play then it froze I still could use the mouse but everything else was frozen So I turned power off and everything seemed to be ok but the monitor didnt come back on It does this sometimes then I have to turn PC Powers Up, Monitor does not of my external hard drives then it loads up Tried it and it wouldnt work So I tested the monitor with my laptop which im currently on it worked So monitor is not a problem So I opened up the box There was a blinking red light near the cmos but that stopped after I cleaned the k modem off I also took the cmos out and placed it back in So next task I took out the video card which is an add in card aswell replaced the ram Everything is powering up and seems to be loading up I cant get to BIOS or anything else before anyone asks I then checked my external drives with the laptop and they was fine Then I took the hard drive out of the machine giving me problems and put it in my other pc I first put it as a master and gave me windows encountered a problem when it was shut off tried to continue with safe mode last good config and normal but it would freeze up The I placed it as slave and restarted I had access to the files then So I dont think its the HD I am currently scanning the HD for adware and so on with Ad Aware I think it might be a video card problem but ive had it for a year Its a Nvidea Gforce fx something cant remember it off hand Everything is getting power Power supply is working and motherboard has power Any one got any ideas Thanks Edit- My PC is a Windows XP Pro and is a Gateway and is about or years old Has mb ram Edit -- Also my cmos has seemed to be failing over thanksgiving and xmas I took my pc to my grandparents house and I had to put in the time a few times But would a failing cmos cause problems with my monitor not coming up or things not loading nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a light Powers and but display blinking doesn't has on Stream laptop that isn't working properly nbsp When it turns on the power button lights up and stays lit but nothing is displayed nbsp on the screen nbsp There is a light next to the power jack on Powers on but doesn't display and has blinking light the computer which is blinking rapidly after turn on nbsp I found this nbsp site nbsp on the HP support page which outlines a few ways to Powers on but doesn't display and has blinking light try and troubleshoot the problem nbsp Based on this page it's either the AC Adapter or the battery nbsp The AC Adapter I have does not have any light on it so it's hard to know which of the two parts is faulty nbsp I used a voltmeter to test the AC Adapter's output and it is outputting the correct voltage nbsp These leads me to believe that it's an issue with the battery but I was just curious if there's any way to be certain before I go purchase a new one when it might be something else at fault nbsp Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Powers-on-but-doesn-t-display-and-has-blinking-light/td-p/5610245
Relevancy 55.04%

my Envy 23 Touchsmart has a blank/black display on startup. 2 days ago, the screeen was all jittery, the image was bouncing up and down and full of horizontal lines, now it doesn't display anything. The desktop powers up, I can hear the fans and the power button is lit up. I have tried the F10 trick (multiple versions of it) and have not had any success with it yet. This desktop is 3 years old and is pretty much worthless in its current state, I have a ton of info I need to get off of it, so I would love a way to fix it. I have looked thu the forums already, and none of the tricks have worked so far.   If there is another option out there,  I would appreciate it. Thanks to all who look at this, and bigger thanks if you have any suggestions! Dave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Envy-23-Touchsmart-Powers-on-but-display-is-blank/td-p/5657739
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there fellas I have had my comp for about - years I have never had any problems but this week when I turned it on the screen remained black and said quot no signal quot Obviously there is no output from the graphics card and I have tried a second moniter which also failed Im almost certain that this is a hardware problem When the PC boots up the LED s on the flash card drives and floppy drive are permenently on However when the PC was working these lights would flash briefly and then go off while the boot sequence continued but Pc screen, up its permenently the is there powers on display no black. I have opened the case and turned the power on The CPU fan and PSU fan are both spinning but the fan on the graphics card is not The two DVD drives both work but there is still nothing on the screen Im not sure if the hard-drives have power Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. because they are quite hidden Im am unsure of how to proceed I thought I would seek some advice before physically taking it to a specialist My PC ADVENT T Intel Pentium HT Processor Ghz Motherboard - MS Seagate ST AS GB SATA - HD Seagate ST AS GB SATA - HD DDR Memory - PC x Mb ATi Radeon X Pro Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. Mb PCI Express Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio Azalia Artec DHM-G X DVD-ROM Pioneer DVR- DB DVDRW Thanks for spending the time Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. to read this Any advice whatsoever would be great nbsp

A:Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black.

Hi, I have the exact same issue as yourself. Strange how they have happened at the same time too. So far I aint got anywhere with finding the solution. Will get some info from someone I know tommorrow. Will post here if theres any developments. Hope you could do the same Perhaps we both will get to the bottom of this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-there-is-no-display-on-the-screen-its-permenently-black.98214/
Relevancy 55.04%

i was gaming one day and all of a sudden my pc froze and got a black screen so i rebooted my pc and As soon as i power on my PC psu and gpu fans do not spin at all but the other fans in the case is working. monitors all function properly they just recieve no signal from my gpu. hope its not my gpu that died. what can i do to fix this

A:PC powers on, No Display, psu and gpu fans doesn't spin.

1st thing to do is
post your computer spec's incl' power supply make/model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-powers-on-no-display-psu-and-gpu-fans-doesnt-spin.1154558/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a P5V800 box that automatically powers on when I turn on the ATX power switch. The green LED and CPU fan were always on, but won't boot, and no displays at all on the monitor. The machine was working before till I removed the button battery on the motherboard. Any advice on how to fix this are bery much appreciated!

A:P5V800 automatically powers on but can't boot, no display

"The machine was working before till I removed the button battery on the motherboard"...
Why did you remove the CMOS battery in the first place? By doing this, you cleared the data that the computer needs to be able to start up. Did you replace the battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5v800-automatically-powers-on-but-cant-boot-no-display.176304/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys just having a really hard time with my computer I just installed a new PSU and i connected it to the PSU that was already powering my system The new one is a Thermaltake Power Express W The other one is a W that was running my computer before i added the new one After installing the new PSU else powers No monitor up - everything signal on I recieve no image to my screen It say quot no signal quot and then goes into sleep mode i believe orange LED Ive tried switching to the onboard video and that doesn t work Ive tried another monitor and that doesnt work Ive also tried using one Ram stick at a time and that doesnt work either I wanted to try taking No signal on monitor - everything else powers up out my quot No signal on monitor - everything else powers up CMOS quot battery but its locked onto my mobo I dont have the cajones to yank on it so im assuming it wont come off Im at a loss of ideas so naturally I come to you Any help would be much appreciated My specs are listed at the top right hand corner thanks for your time nbsp

A:No signal on monitor - everything else powers up

N8T1308 said:

Hey guys just having a really hard time with my computer. I just installed a new PSU and i connected it to the PSU that was already powering my system. The new one is a Thermaltake Power Express 650W. The other one is a 650W that was running my computer before i added the new one. After installing the new PSU I recieve no image to my screen. It say "no signal" and then goes into sleep mode i believe (orange LED).
Ive tried switching to the onboard video and that doesn't work. Ive tried another monitor and that doesnt work. Ive also tried using one Ram stick at a time and that doesnt work either. I wanted to try taking out my "CMOS"??? battery but its locked onto my mobo. I dont have the cajones to yank on it so im assuming it wont come off.
Im at a loss of ideas so naturally I come to you Any help would be much appreciated. My specs are listed at the top right hand corner.
thanks for your time...Click to expand...

What do you mean you've connected it to the PSU that was already in there? Why do you want to have two?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor-everything-else-powers-up.115797/
Relevancy 55.04%

We have an Emachines T2825, windows XP, 1G memory.
We installed Fix-It Utilities and were cleaning up the computer when we think we did something wrong.
The computer crashed and shut down.
When we re-start we get no monitor, and no sound.
Tried a second monitor already, same thing, no recognitition.
The computer appears to be ON, but nothing appears to boot-up.
Any help available on this?

Relevancy 55.04%

So my PC was left turn off for months while I was away When I turned it on again for the first time it loaded up and I got to desktop no problem But there was a loud rattling coming from inside it I would guess it was coming from the powersupply but i m not I turned it off later that day I turned it back on and it did not work The power supply comes on all the fans are spinning but there is no signal to the monitor Plugging in a key board and pressing the caps lock key it does not light up telling me no monitor PC signal up, powers but to that its not getting as far as the login screen The only friend I have who knows about computers is long distance I described the problem to him he thinks the power supply is not producing enough power and needs replacing I have checked everything inside to make sure nothing has come lose from it being moved around and it all looks good I m a student and do not have a lot of money to buy parts or PC powers up, but no signal to monitor pay for a shop to fix I m pretty sure its the power supply but just wanted some opinions on what it could be or how I can test to find out whats wrong exactly I don t have another desktop or any spare parts just a laptop Thanks nbsp

A:PC powers up, but no signal to monitor

Hi Aruk, i've had this myself a few times. Most of the time it was my fault for not wiring my pc back together properly but since you say it wasn't touched then it sounds like you're psu might have given up.

If you had a spare to test it you'd be able to see but if thats a no option then all you can do is make sure you're leads are all in correctly ( if you have a graphics card make sure it hasn't poped out of the motherboard slightly ) and then just keep trying matey.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-no-signal-to-monitor.152971/
Relevancy 55.04%

hey all ok heres the problem a few weeks ago my brothers graphics card started playing up it had run fine for over a year it was an ati r basically everytime a d app started the compurter would either freeze up or the monitor would go black saying either quot powers when a monitor help please! app off 3d is started non support mode quot or quot monitor powers off when a 3d app is started help please! no imput quot once the monitor powers off when a 3d app is started help please! graphics card was removed the games ran ok off the onboard graphics so i assumed it was the card bought a new graphics card an ati x as i have one in my newer comp and find it to be a good runner however the same problem occured i thought it could be the psu so i plugged in a monitor running off a seperate psu and still had the same problem i thought it could be the memory so took out one of the sticks of at a time and tried it again same problem also tried each of the two sticks in the other memory slots still the same problem so i dont think it could be the memory i downloaded and installed direct x c and also the most up to date drivers for the cards the problem still occurs anyone know what the problem could be thanks in advance oh the computer in question is an amd mobo k m ms processor x ddr the new graphics card is an ati x nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

To start I know this makes without secondary powers PC down monitor no sense I have an hp dv us that I have been running off a power cable with no battery for quite some time now hooked up to a secondary display a Dell E FPp Every now and then I will unhook the secondary display and take the laptop with me to work without issues Last night I PC powers down without secondary monitor popped my Win install disk while running XP to install clicked what I needed to and let the install disk run Now that Win is installed I am running into the following two issues When the secondary monitor is unplugged the computer will not power on let alone boot No blue lights nothing When the computer is on and I unplug the secondary display I learned the hard way the laptop powers off instantly as if I unplugged it from PC powers down without secondary monitor the power source I looked in device manager under monitors and it only shows one I am getting mirror screens now and under the display options the PC powers down without secondary monitor resolution options available to me look like those for the secondary monitor not for the laptop monitor I installed Windows with the secondary plugged in I bought a new battery for the laptop online last night I know it sounds like a hardware issue rather than an OS issue but the laptop and secondary display didn't move anywhere since it was running without issues in XP so unless there was some kind of short or something while the installation was taking place I can't think of why this would be happening Any suggestions

A:PC powers down without secondary monitor

figured it out. please delete, i guess. sorry!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/5367-pc-powers-down-without-secondary-monitor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When powering on computer, computer will shutdown within 10 seconds, and also have no display. Noticed that the Fan on Heatsink runs a little high. Removed motherboard from case, only connected graphics card, one stick of RAM, and Power Supply. Continued with the same problem. Below are the specs on Desktop.

Motherboard - XFX NFORCE 680I LT SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 DDR2 (Intel)
Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core
Power Supply - 300W
RAM - 4GB
Video - MSI N210-512D2 GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Hard Drive - 250Gb Sata

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

Specs:

Advent Roma 2000
Intel Celeron C900
Win 7 Home Premium
4GB DDR2
320GB HDD
Intel Mobile 4 Series Graphics

I have removed the battery, held the power for 30 seconds and then connected just the mains and the problems remains.

I have removed the Heat Sink and cleaned out the dust and replaced

I have tried another RAM chip

I have tried another HDD

The only other thing I can think of is to remove the BIOS battery, but if anyone could please help then it would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

A:Advent Roma 2000 - Constantly powers on/off with no display.

Anybody?!?!?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227810-advent-roma-2000-constantly-powers-off-no-display.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I took out the heatsink from my fiance's computer and replaced it with a new, better heatsink and started having this problem. The computer will power on and all the fans are turning but the monitor stays in "sleep" mode it does not show anything.

One time, after the computer was on for a while the computer speaker beeped and the system booted, but after windows tried to boot the screen was all garbled and I had to restart the computer. Now it won't boot again, just a black screen.

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Computer powers on, monitor is black

I can't possibly see why replacing the heatsink would have to do with the problem you are having - it is most likely a coincidence. Try reseating the video card. Have you changed any BIOS settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-powers-on-monitor-is-black.715951/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys i just bought a new computer from ibuypower.com... the specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6850 (2x 3.0GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1333FSB)
[SLI] MSI P7N SLI-FI Nvidia nForce 750i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, Three PCI-E MB
2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair
2x NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 1GB w/DVI + TV Out Video - running SLI mode
250 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 8M Cache]
MS Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2

When i connect the power, monitor, mouse, etc... they recieve power but my monitor does not get a signal, The place is closed so I cant call up for the tech support, but Was wondering if you guys had any idea's what could be the cause of it, because i really want to this baby [just got it shipped in today] but its not working and it has me down...

A:Computer Powers On But Gives No Signal To Monitor

Hello Rux0r,

The only thing I can think of is that the disk tower is not connected to the monitor. There should be at least one cable running between the back of the monitor and the back of the disk tower. This is separate from the power cables.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152849/computer-powers-on-but-gives-no-signal-to-monitor/
Relevancy 54.18%

There is no signal to the monitor it powers up and there is the initial beeping sound cd drives HDD and floppy appear to be functioning and all lights and fans work to but Computer no up monitor powers signal fine It doesnt boot up I googled to try and solve the problem and have tried a process of elimination so far I have Checked video card - I replaced with an old one which definately works and still no activity I then thought Computer powers up but no signal to monitor it could be the AGP slot but when I put the original card back i removed the power connections for it and it started beeping so I presume the slot is ok Not sure though Made sure all cables were in correctly - yes Removed CMOS battery and replaced - no difference Memory - removed one stick - no Computer powers up but no signal to monitor difference removed other stick - no difference Checked CPU - seemed to be seated in correctly but removed and replaced anyway again no difference Monitor - monitor screen works as Computer powers up but no signal to monitor it displays no signal when it attempts to boot I m stumped as to what to do next but I think its maybe the processor I m suprised I get no beeps or warnings about it though WHen the GT s power cable are unattached it bleeps like crazy Can anyone help Many thanks Andy SYSTEM SPEC Athlon oc to Asus K N Motherboard GT graphics card gb ram gb HD w PSU nbsp

A:Computer powers up but no signal to monitor

i had exact same problem the other day but i had been messing wif cpu overclocking, maybe you have the same problem? maybe bit to much overclocking?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-but-no-signal-to-monitor.73595/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Summary monitor, won't off Computer powers frequently use My computer powers on but does nothing but spin the monitor does NOT turn on and then after a few minutes or sometimes just seconds will power off Computer won't use monitor, frequently powers off Likely not POSTing Summary Forgive the length I d like to Computer won't use monitor, frequently powers off be detailed My computer is home built from a variety of parts over the years It had been periodically powering off or freezing so last week I took it into the garage and cleaned off an impressive amount of dust from the CPU heat sink The shutdowns and freezing accelerated after this to the point where it will only stay on for a couple minutes or a few seconds more frequent tries result in quicker shutdowns And now the computer has developed a new problem where the monitor is not used by the system at all I m not sure if my Video card is fried or maybe the system just isn t going into POST I actually suspect it s not POSTing because there is no longer any startup beep which happens on POST I don t have spare parts to test with friends who would are almost entirely unavailable for personal reasons As a student my income is well below poverty so money is tight Specs OS Vista Motherboard NForce M-A V CPU AMD bit AM sorry no specifics info obscured by massive heat sink GB RAM was fine in my last working POST Video Card BFG s GeForce GTX PSU Decent Quality purchased based on reliability because last one failed miserably Incomplete because I kept most records on my computer I think I can reason out that the problem is in either the Mobo or the PSU I can t find loose connections all the lights light up I m not sure if the two main symptoms are caused by the same issue by related issues or anything else I already know the solution to my problem replace the broken part I just need help figuring out what part exactly is broken Thanks so much to anyone who helps nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I've recently moved across the US, and I shipped my PC with plenty of packing material. Now that it is here, I can turn it on, but it does not beep, and no image appears on my monitor.
I've tried using multiple monitors.
I've plugged the monitors into the both the onboard graphics card as well as my Nvidia card in the AGP slot. I can't remember if I uninstalled the onboard graphics card.
The monitors turn on and say "No Video".
I've checked inside the PC and found no signs of damage. All fans are running properly.

At this point I'm at a loss as to the cause of my problem, and would greatly appreciate your advice and questions.

Relevancy 54.18%

Okay last October I bought a new computer Here are the specs -Intel Core Quad Q GHz FSB MB L Cache -bit -Single Hard Drive GB SATA-II Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD - Quad-Core FSB Asus P N-E nForce signal no monitor on but powers on computer i SLI Chipset LGA FSB DDR Mainboard - GB x GB PC DDR Dual Channel Memory - Watts Power Supplies CoolerMaster Unit no signal on monitor but computer powers on Watts eXtreme Power - SLI Supports -Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio -BIT PCI Sound Card -NVIDIA GeForce GTS MB X PCI Express XFX Extreme Edition So when I first bought the computer I used to have some problems with my monitor Sometimes when I would turn on my computer the monitor would say quot No Signal quot and go in standby mode even though my computer booted up normally I would hold down the power button to shut off the tower and boot it up again and it would work fine For this reason I didn t think this was a hardware problem It used to happen pretty frequently but it pretty much stopped after a month or so maybe I updated drivers or something not really sure But anyways I just installed some RAM this morning I added more gig sticks of PC ram Same as the kind I already have But then I go to turn on my computer and the computer boots up fine but I get no signal on my monitor Turn it off turn it back on same thing Try unplugging the DVI plugging it into the other DVI port turn it on same thing Put the DVI back into the original port still no signal WTF nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

my son has told me that our LG Studioworks 710s monitor suddenly shuts down while he's playing a game and the game is loading????

This requires a restart to fix each time it occurs.

I have had problems like this myself, but infrequently and usually when booting ....the monitor refuses to power up.

Usually I just unplug and plug back in and this fixes it.

We have a dedicated graphics card installed now, too.

I don't really know what else to add.

Can anyone troubleshoot this with me???

Relevancy 53.75%

My problem started when I got a new monitor a two to three years ago and it has gradually gotten to the point where the Pavilion powers doesn't but Elite come on monitor up monitor never nbsp gets any signal from the PC or just a small flash at the top of the Pavilion Elite powers up but monitor doesn't come on screen nbsp I have tried three nbsp new monitors replaced the motherboard powersupply cpu chip video card and the CMOS battery and the operating system Windows reinstalled two times This last time which was done at Office Depot last week is worse that it was before nbsp Before it would come back on sometimes now not at all nbsp nbsp When I was on the computer and it timed out the picture would not come back on One of the techs working there thought it was in the settings and his PC was doing the same thing as mine nbsp Anyone know what setting nbsp it could be nbsp I would appreciate any suggestions that would help nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-Elite-powers-up-but-monitor-doesn-t-come-on/td-p/5741848
Relevancy 53.75%

laptop powers on then turns off repeatedly monitor never comes on its a compac presario f700 . periodically monitor will power on and when i manually shut computer down and try to reboot the computer starts acting up trying to power on and off and monitor will not come on

A:Laptop powers on then turns off repeatedly monitor never comes on

power converter issue? check power pack with a known good one.
overheating issue? clean the insides.
also this belongs in the laptop forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-powers-on-then-turns-off-repeatedly-monitor-never-comes-on.140525/
Relevancy 53.75%

when i power up my computer everything starts up fine. The GPU fan works, CPU fan works, and the PSU fan works. But for some reason when i start it up, the monitor cant detect the video card. It says "No Signal" on the monitor. If anyone has a clue what is wrong please help. -Tommy M

Specifications:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8ghz, 3mb L2 cache
Western Digital WD1600JS 160gb Hard Drive
Thermaltake 450w XP550 NP Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 Motherboard
XFX Geforfce 9800GT Pci-E
2x1gb Kingston HyperMemory PC6400 DDR2

A:Computer Powers up, But oesnt show anything on the monitor.

try disconnecting the power cable and taking out your battery for 30 seconds or so..
or try changing the bios jumper over and powering on then off then replace to original position. to reset the bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-powers-up-but-oesnt-show-anything-on-the-monitor.848717/
Relevancy 53.75%

alright I m new here and don t know if this is the right place for this question I live away from home and my parents are computer challenged Recently they bought a new printer My little brother installed the computer monitor powers no recieves on signal but printer and got it to work the first night After that the printer stopped working my mom decided to computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal uninstall the old printer and reinstall the new printer It didn t help so my mom decided to restart the computer but when the computer shut down a program was still running the computer started up but the monitor remained on standby My mom tried to computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal restart it again The computer powered up all the fans are running yet the monitor is still on standby My parents computer uses the on-board graphics so there is no videocard to swap I m going back home next week and would like to fix it for them If anyone could give me any ideas on how to fix it I would appreciate it nbsp

A:computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal

You can pick up the basic video card in PCI to test it out.

It is more likely that your mother changed something in bios. Can you try to reset the bios to vertify that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-but-monitor-recieves-no-signal.88445/
Relevancy 53.75%

I used a compressor to blow my computer out, removed the CPU to blow out the the Heatsinks etc.. poped it back in place and now it doesnt work. Powers on fully but the monitor power light just blinks, i also get no mobo beeps. I checked to see if i had a bent pin on the CPU which i did i bent it back in place with a razor put it back in place correctly. same problem.. any ideas?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone My setup is Intel D Intel GNT ATI Radeon Pci-E GB ram HD I is things, very puzzling Powers signal, no this up, many monitor tried was reinstalling windows xp pro on my computer yesterday I formatted drive C the files copied and then the system began to reboot Upon reboot the system seemed to boot up ok but there was no monitor signal the monitor is good Upon various diagnostics removing other portions of hardware reseting cmos trying new ram removing motherboard battery etc i decided to get another motherboard I went to the local Powers up, no monitor signal, tried many things, this is very puzzling comp store and got a new Powers up, no monitor signal, tried many things, this is very puzzling Intel GNT The board was successfully installed earlier today and upon restarting the system the monitor returned to action and i attempted to reload windows from the cd The cd loaded and the computer restarted yet again the monitor will not come on under any condition after this restart I ve tried unplugging all devices and simply having the motherboard cpu onboard video ram and powersupply all to no avail Any ideas in the least This problem occurs regardless of whether i m using the onboard monitor output or inserting my pci-express card and using it Also there are no beeps to indicate any type of issues upon startup Any help will be greatly appreciated I would gladly paypal bucks to anyone with a successful solution to my problem Thank you so much -Kevin nbsp

A:Powers up, no monitor signal, tried many things, this is very puzzling

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powers-up-no-monitor-signal-tried-many-things-this-is-very-puzzling.555534/
Relevancy 53.75%

alright I m new here and don t know if this is the right place for this question I live away from home and my parents are computer signal recieves on but monitor no computer powers challenged Recently they bought a new computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal printer My little brother installed the printer and got it to computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal work the first night After that the printer stopped working my mom computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal decided to uninstall the old printer and reinstall the new printer It didn t help so my mom decided to restart the computer but when the computer shut down a program was still running the computer started up but the monitor remained on standby My mom tried to restart it again The computer powered up all the fans are running yet the monitor is still on standby My parents computer uses the on-board graphics so there is no videocard to swap I m going back home next week and would like to fix it for them If anyone could give me any ideas on how to fix it I would appreciate it nbsp

A:computer powers on but monitor recieves no signal

Just because the computer powers up, you should not assume it is actually booting up.

If it fails to boot to BIOS level at the start, the monitor will not show anything.

You can test to see if it is booting by trying the Caps Lock key, the Caps Lock light on the keyboard should on on and off in a cycle each press. If that does not happen, the problem lies in hardware, such as PSU, motherboard, CPU etc, but not in the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-powers-on-but-monitor-recieves-no-signal.633023/
Relevancy 53.75%

I usually connect the vga cable from my monitor to the port on my gpu but for some reason it doesn t display anything now I tried to locate the source of the problem by doing these Connected the vga cable from my laptop to the monitor and it displays the laptop s content just fine so the monitor cable isn t the issue Connected the cable to the vga port on my samsung smart tv and to the slot on my gpu and my desktop boots and functions just fine I opened up my cpu cabinet and dusted the ram and the video card and put everything back in place but that didn t help either I don t have a DVI cable with me so I can t check if up, blank displays Monitor powers screen. that works and I don t have another similar monitor either I can test it on other than my tv Video card AMD HD Monitor Samsung S B series nbsp

A:Monitor powers up, displays blank screen.

Before anyone can help you, you need to post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb installed, exact cpu installed, exact pw supply installed, etc, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact make and model# If you have a service tag, post that as well.

Next is this a relatively new build or has this system been running fine for a while?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-powers-up-displays-blank-screen.1126724/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Everyone My name is Luka I m new to the forums and could use some help with a PC I am currently building Specifications - Old Mid-Tower ATX Compaq Case - ASUS powers up, Computer begin Monitor doesn't M A-VM mATX motherboard - AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor Socket AM - OCZ x GB ram - NVidia GeForce GT Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin - Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin BFG Tech ATX v Watt What is the problem After building the entire PC from scratch when I power up the computer everything inside the tower is functioning properly that I can see CPU fan spins system fan spins LED lights on and the HDD LED light flashes in the front determining that data is being processed I think so I believe the computer is fully working EXCEPT once I power up the computer the monitor remains quot quite sleep quot the power button is yellow on the monitor The monitor works with other mobos graphics card works and it just seems that the monitor is just not quot being turned on quot the same time as the computer I tried another monitor with this mobo and the same thing happened I handled the mobo with care so I really highly doubt any damage was done to it does anyone know wat could be wrong EDITED Also I am able to turn off the computer by holding the power button for s EDITED to readdress the problem The VGA on my OnBoard works but the VGA on my Graphics Card doesnt nbsp

A:Computer powers up, Monitor doesn't begin

I SOLVED IT!

Anyways, so I was doing some more research online and was looking through the mobo manual. Than I read its good to start with only one ram inside(since I had two in) I took one out from A2 DIMM slot and than BAM! it works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-up-monitor-doesnt-begin.144484/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just installed a fresh install because I couldn't figure out the BSOD causes on my old build.

New install is pretty basic, but I just can't get a stable system to save my life. WhoCrashed suggest its a driver issue, but could it be a hardware problem?

Memory and HDD tested fine.

It doesn't crash doing any task. Its all random. On the desktop without anything running, watching a movie, etc.

A:BSOD on a fresh build pcw.sys

Hiyya Generic mate have a look at your CPU temps.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

Plus just gently reseat the RAM sticks in the slots and check all cables firmly in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276875-bsod-fresh-build-pcw-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey everyone,
Just got my new build going and have hit a BSOD already 0.0 just want to make sure all is OK

? OS - Windows 7
? Architecture - x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Yes
? What version OS: Full Retail
? Age of system (hardware) - Brand New
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Less than a day
? CPU - Intel 2500k
? Video Card - Intel HD3000 (currently)
? MotherBoard - Asus Gene-z
? Power Supply - Silverstone Strider 700W

Thanks for any help!!

A:BSOD on fresh build

I can find no record of the BSODs in the files. That does not necessarily mean they didn't occur - just that they were not recorded.

Follow these instructions, then next time a BSOD occurs take a photo of it and post it here:

Quote:

Go to START -> type view advanced system settings press enter -> Advanced -> Settings (under Startup and Recovery)

You should see a screen that looks like this -

Set the settings how I have them. Make sure Automatic Restart is unticked.

On the Drop-down with Small memory dump (256KB) in it select Kernel Memory Dump and check that that has the Directory set to %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP. Make sure to set the drop down back to Small memory dump (256KB)

Then press OK.

Also go back a few windows, and instead of selecting Settings (under Startup and Recovery) select Settings (under Performance) -> Advanced -> Change (under virtual memory) -> make sure Automatically manage paging file size for all drives is ticked, then press OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-fresh-build-617239.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay so I ll get straight to the point me and a with problem Having fresh a a build! mate have been scratching our heads at this for the past like or days Now before I continue with the problem at hand I ll reel of the parts I have Mobo - Asrock x Extreme CPU - Intel i RAM - modules of gb Corsair DDR at mhz GFX - Nvidia GTX TI PSU - Antec Wat High Current Gamer And of course the other peripherals but that s not really important at this current time We have put together this fresh new beast and the problem is SHE WON T BOOT Dr Debug is displaying the error code x - quot CPU DXE initialization CPU module specific quot Now I have NO idea what this means But I ve determined that the processor is definitely getting at least some sort of power We ve thoroughly checked out all the other components to the best of our abilitiy even threw in the GFX card in another computer and booted fine so I Having a problem with a fresh build! think it s either the Mother Board or possible the CPU or possible the PSU Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

All of these components are less than days old Build getting often Fresh BSOD bought new and put straight into this build Keep getting a BSOD so I guess I Fresh Build getting BSOD often ll try to give as much information as I can and hopefully someone can give me a hand Thanks in advance Edit It s also worth noting that it seems to occur more frequently while playing Star Wars the Old Republic but has also occurred while not doing so Quick Specs Case Thermaltkae - VL Series - Armor A PSU Antec HCG- W Main Board ASUS M A AMD AM - -MIBFS -G AAY Z CPU AMD FX - GHz Quad-Core - FD WMGUSBX GPU EVGA Geforce GTX Ti GB GDDR PCI Express - G-P - -KR RAMM Corsair XMS GB MHz DDR DIMM x - CMX GX M A C HDD Western Digital Caviar GP TB - WMAV Information from DxDiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name CHAD-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer To be filled by O E M System Model To be filled by O E M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD FX - Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name LG E Digital Monitor Model E Monitor Id GSM E Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- A- FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY Dein... Read more

A:Fresh Build getting BSOD often

Did you download and install the latest applicable drivers, starting with the chipset driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441350/fresh-build-getting-bsod-often/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Fourm I upgraded my pc today from IDE to SATA and added GB more RAM and GB HD After a build of the o s I went into the device manager and Build No Fresh Sound found i only needed driver nice one microsoft anyway i dug out my MSI drivers CD and ran it in compatability mode as you Fresh Build No Sound do Installed the driver for the sound and after a restart windows does say the device is working properly I can see in the volume control panel whilst i play music the green bar is jumping but i am having no audio output The speakers are plugged Fresh Build No Sound into the correct port they are Fresh Build No Sound switched on and volume is not muted but still i get no audio output I tried updating the audio drivers but they are up-to-date I tried my headphones incase it was an external fault with the speakers but is isnt Im starting to think it might be a board fault that might of happened when i changed the housing or something that i might of did wrong in the bios when i over clocked it a little maybe disabled something If anyone has any ideas or knows the answer to this riddle please post me

A:Fresh Build No Sound

Is the sound card/on board sound switched on in the BIOS? I know this sounds REALLY obvious, but its amazing how often its overlooked

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/90804-fresh-build-no-sound.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've checked the mother board, could not see any obvious damage like burned or swollen components, and checked all connections, nothing loose. Also checked the power supply and it is working. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend who is very new to computers. She got a new PC recently and has been having random BSODs that can happen 1 - 2 times a day or so. Also worthy of mention is that the drives (windows SSD, second hdd, and DVD) sometimes stop responding and aren't recognised by the motherboard for as long as 5 minutes. I have tried a lot of things already and want to see if the DMP files will hold any value. All help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382505-random-bsod-fresh-pc-build.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My System AMD X GB Crucial Ballistix Asus M N-E Seagate GB HDD Corsair W PSU Sapphire XT MB This is my first build so I ve never done a fresh install before I m currently reinstalling Windows MCE OEM copy to see if I get better luck this time Both times during installation it s asked me for a on Fresh install build problem new Windows XP Professional Service Pack CD but one was not included in the package The package includes CDs Windows MCE Disk Windows MCE Disk and a disk labeled simply quot Windows XP Media Center Edition Updates for Version quot I tried that rd disk when it asks for the SP CD but it didn t work The first time I pressed cancel when it asked for that disk and installation continued Everything was going ok until Fresh install on new build problem I tried to install my graphics card drivers I got an quot RPC Server is Unavailable quot error at that point and I could not install the drivers I would greatly appreciate any help nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Running Win XP Pro SP3
AMD Anthalon 64 X2 5200+
MSI K9N6PGM2-V motherboard
Seagate SATA 500gb HDD
Kingston PC2-5300 667mgz 2gb RAM
HP DVD1040 Lightscribe DVD-R

All brand new pieces. Installed windows just fine. Proceeded to install programs.
NOD32 antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-malware, AC3 filter, XVID, Winamp, Nero 7, WinRAR, VLC, and Utorrent. All installed just fine and PC re-started every time without issue. Now any time I try to run a program, either to watch a movie with VLC to burn a CD with nero, the PC freezes.

I re-set all my connections. Cleaned the RAM DIMMS and connections. And have started to run MemTest86. I started with memtest3.5 but it froze up on me 3 times. After reading on google I find v2.11 is more stable so I boot it. It ran to 80% or so and of test #8 it halted due to "Unexpected Interrupt". I am now running it again.

A:New build, fresh installs, PC freezing

if you suspect a possible ram stick bad...you could remove one and test pc performance with it out if no better reinstall that stick and remove the other stick and test again for performance issues..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-build-fresh-installs-pc-freezing-461385.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys Been fighting with some issues on my freshly assembled PC I've gotten a TON of BSOD that I haven't been able to track the cause of myself The operating system is Windows x that's only about a week old with only essentials Fresh PC Multiple Build - BSOD installed All drivers programs up to Multiple BSOD - Fresh PC Build date System Specs Mobo AsRock DE U S ATX Processor AMD FX - Core Black Edition Memory GB Crucial O S Windows Ultimate Bit Graphics Zotac Nvidia GT GDDR H D Western Digital Caviar GP TB IntelliPower SATA Gb s P S Watt OZC Stealth xStream Multiple BSOD - Fresh PC Build I've compiled all my dump files HERE for viewing Rather new to these issues and was hoping to find the problem myself but I'm at a loss I've not really been able to 'force' a BSOD or find anything that exacerbates the problem It just seems to be more common when launching a program Not generally when idling or doing small tasks Here's a shot of the multiple BSOD's I've seen The most common one I see is memory management which I see multiple times a day at least

A:Multiple BSOD - Fresh PC Build

Hi.

Most of the dumps come with Bugcheck 1A (Memory management).

Are the ram speed/clocks the same? Have you tried adjusting them?

Try that and take memtest in the following manner:

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.
Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.
If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.
If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266515-multiple-bsod-fresh-pc-build.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, i was wondering if anyone from techspot can help me figure what went wrong cause i keep getting BSOD and can't view my dmp files. here i've have some dmp files. This only happen when i play a video game with spike lag.

A:Fresh computer build bsod help

Hi,
Do you remember making any recent changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow the steps in the link and check if the issue persists:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

Also check event viewer for error follow the steps in the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-computer-build-bsod-help.171704/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there, new on these forums and after hours of searching I decided to put up my own thread to get help.
I have a freshly built custom PC and a Win 8.1 Pro OEM key.
I can download the installer using my key and I can download the installer using mediacreationtool.
I can also install those two with the key, but for some reason I cannot activate my windows with it.
It give the errorcode: 0xC004C003
I have tried reinstalling and using the phone activation but it just tells me it has failed and eventually hangs up.
Any ideas on what to do? Getting a bit desperate and considering on purchasing a new license.

Thanks in advance.

A:Installing windows 8.1 Pro using OEM key on a fresh build

Never mind, I called Microsoft Tech help and they determined it being a pirated key and said it will never activate. Money out the window(s) so to speak.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/62153-installing-windows-8-1-pro-using-oem-key-fresh-build.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Let me get this out of the way new to forum so please be nice Thank you for your time I have now spent around hours trying to fix this Patience is thin had a previous system build of a asus sabertooth x with a i bloomfeild gb or ram hard drives in which i had windows ulitmate bit on a velociraptor gb with wd gb drives as extra space esstential i had an outdated gaming rig nothing Boot Build, Fresh 7 will Windows not over clocked except for the dram Was made it Decided to Build a new rig Bought a i sandy k as rock z extreme mb left hard drives the same except added a samsung ssd drive also added times gb g skill memeory at purchased a newer evga gpu kept the original psu trust me it ample enough supply anyway Boot first time got the windows blue death screen tried to repair leaves me with unplug portable media player or camera lol Did a fresh install on the samsung how i am typing now Everything works fine Fresh Build, Windows 7 will not Boot Never deleted the old version because it was Fresh Build, Windows 7 will not Boot on the old velicoraptor drive gb in summary wondering if you replace essentially all hardware except for Fresh Build, Windows 7 will not Boot the drives is it impossible to get that original version of windows to run Can I take this new versions information and swap the autoexe files or something along that route to the old versions files to make boot up from the old version essentially bypassing the bsod

A:Fresh Build, Windows 7 will not Boot

It is possible but often easier to just clean install

Heres some info for you
Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer
System Preparation Tool - Use to Customize Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287769-fresh-build-windows-7-will-not-boot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After finally figuring out my POSTing problem I began installing XP Home on my new build Never having installed an OS before first time builder here I found some screenshots giving step by step advice new install fresh build! with XP on Problem on how Problem with fresh XP install on new build! to do this Following the guide I made my whole drive partition C I then selected NTFS formatting not the quick one the long one Quickly understanding this would take some time I sat down to watch a movie Checking often I watched the progress of the format Finally I turned around and saw some writing on a black screen Turns out it was an error message quot Windows could not start because of a computer disk harware configuration problem Could not read from the selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please Problem with fresh XP install on new build! check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information quot I have checked and double checked my boot path in the BIOS and it is CDROM st then HARDDRIVE nd It was obviously reading from the disk before Has formatting the harddrive somehow interfered here I have read from several sources NOT to press quot any key to boot from CDROM quot during the boot as it will determine the CDROM pathway on its own The CDROM spins up in any case I have been reluctant to just push a button but maybe I should I have checked Problem with fresh XP install on new build! to make sure the connections to the CDROM have stayed tight Any suggestions would be welcome nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have been experiencing random reboots with my fresh Win 7 x64 build. I am suspecting either a bad ram sticks or ATI video card issue. If someone can help pinpoint what is causing the random reboots, that would be appreciated.

I have attached the minidump and performance report logs.

Build:
AMD Phenom X6 1100T
Sabertooh 990FX
4 x 4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz
XFX 6850 1Gb
Intel 520 120GB SSD
Corsair TX750W

All drivers have been updated to the latest version.

Thanks!

A:Help! Random Reboots Win 7 x64 Fresh Build

I note you have AVG installed.
{Disclaimer I too use AVG}

AVG can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S .
Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225288-help-random-reboots-win-7-x64-fresh-build.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone; I have a dell D630 that I started having problems with about 2 months ago, in the middle of normal functions vertical rows of small green bricks would appear, followed shortly by a crash. Then, I can power it back up but the screen will remain black. It lights up, the pixels are obviously functioning but it is black. Every once in a while it will work again but only for about 1-5 min and the green lines will come back.

This happened shortly after I had it outside during a construction project where it may have gotten some dust in it or something... I am guessing this is relevant?

I have tried blowing everything with a little keyboard cleaner air can, but that is all.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

A:Green lines/bricks, crashes, powers up but no screen display. Dell Latitude D630

Hi bbblades222,
is that onboard video, or a card? the green lines,bricks, etc sound like an overheating problem, most likely vram. also you indicated that you had to recently move your machine, try re-seating your graphic card (if you have one) . and welcome to Techspot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-lines-bricks-crashes-powers-up-but-no-screen-display-dell-latitude-d630.130921/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there I've been having a problem with my media centre for some time now and I'm finally getting to the end of my patience This is a 4350 fresh CPU ATI SVCHOST on with high gives build system that has been fresh build with ATI 4350 gives high CPU on SVCHOST working happily with XP Pro for a number of years and is mainly used for watching HD video bluray and listening to music A while back I tried a clean install of Windows Home Premium on a spare disk Everything seemed ok until I noticed there were SVCHOST process always chewing up - of my CPU time each and a lot more when I try to play a p H MKV file Recently I decided to look into it again and I discovered that when I remove the ATI and use the onboard VIA Chrome graphics it all starts working fine fresh build with ATI 4350 gives high CPU on SVCHOST I've tried running through all the windows updates updating all drivers to current including Catalyst but I'm still getting the problem I had thought it was a conflict between the internal REALTEK audio controller and the HDMI output on the ATI but I've tried disabling each of them in turn and that doesn't help either Can anyone offer any more suggestions Thanks TC

A:fresh build with ATI 4350 gives high CPU on SVCHOST

Hello and welcome to the forums toycar69!

Svchost processes are usually containers that represent a set of services that are currently running on your system.

In order to determine the exact services that are running havoc on your system with the high CPU usage, can you please download Process Explorer, extract the file using 7zip/WinRAR/Winzip, run it, and take a screenshot of the current processes on your system with the CPU usage sorted from highest to lowest when the problem occurs?

Process Explorer.zip

Here are tutorials for taking snapshots from your system and uploading them using the Snipping Tool..

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums

(Vista tutorial works for 7 as well)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238175-fresh-build-ati-4350-gives-high-cpu-svchost.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Gigabyte GA-Z X-GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard G Skill Ripjaws W7 fresh Build Custom after BSOD Installs two Z Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Asus GeForce GTX GB STRIX Video Card Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Crucial Custom Build BSOD after two fresh W7 Installs M Series GB SSD - CT M SSD Windows Ultimate Bit My daughter has some interest in PCs so we decided to build a PC to see if it was something she wanted to do more of We purchased the above part list and assembled them in an NZXT S ATX Mid Tower Case After assembly we installed W Ultimate Bit The system crashed upon launching any game Crashes were immediate reboots and most often not the BSOD but there were an occasional BSOD as well After a few weeks of troubleshooting we reformatted and reinstalled everything but this time we did not install any of the ASUS Graphics card drivers We let Windows do it on its own That seemed to help reduce the crashes Then I realized I could disable the on board graphics in the BIOS and did so Maybe there were conflicts between the motherboard graphics and the ASUS Graphics card Not sure So as of today I am happy to say we seemed to have resolved all crashing with the exception of the BSOD which seems to happen about once a day We leave the PC on all of the time The BSOD crash will occur even when no one is using the PC So I am at a loss as to what to do I found this wonderful site in a google search I am so happy to see there is a community of experts and hopefully one day I will able to give back

A:Custom Build BSOD after two fresh W7 Installs

...finding more info on this site. I am going to run Memtest86+ V5.01 USB today to see if there is a problem with either my memory or motherboard memory slots. If no problems found after 8+ passes I will try Driver verifyer.

Since I purchased these parts in June, I would like to know if there are problems with any of my components now in order to get support from the manufacturer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375961-custom-build-bsod-after-two-fresh-w7-installs.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey guys,

just built myself a pc and the damn thing keeps powering off, also getting 2 "errors"
"overclocking failed" and/or "wrong cmos settings"

(its a second hand motherboard and i've tryed resetting the bios by removing the battery and doing the jumper reset method)

Cpu:
INTEL PENTIUM D 950 3.4GHz DUAL CORE LGA 775 SL9K8

Motherboard:
ASUS P5P800 SE SOCKET 775 865PE MOTHERBOARD AGP
(Second-hand)

Ram:
2GB 2 1GB CORSAIR XMS DDR400 PC3200 DDR 400 CMX1024

Graphics:
512MB ATI RADEON 1650 PRO AGP

The 400w power supply has a 20 to 22 pin adapter, would this be causing my power problem?

A:Solved: Fresh build - Keeps powering off and other issues

The powering off sounds like a heat issue. Check for full contact between processor and heatsink. Also be sure you have used some kind of heatsink grease. It is easy sometimes to have a heatsink cocked up sideways just a few thousandths of an inch and cause overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fresh-build-keeps-powering-off-and-other-issues.713430/
Relevancy 52.03%

my computer spent 5 hours, searching for updates, so i restarted my PC.
i then left my computer running over night. when i awoke, it was still searching for updates.
i tried downloading the SP1 Fix manually, but it just opens a manual installer, then searches my computer for updates.

any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-build-fresh-install-searching-for-updates-1167801.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok well, I recently purchased parts for my computer, and I got everything installed just fine(or so I thought)...and so when I push the power button everything comes on fine: I hear the hum of the drives and see the CPU/Video card fans running fine.

However...I plugged in my monitor to both DVI and VGA, and I'm not getting a signal. The monitor works fine, I played it on my Xbox 360 via HDMI, so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

But there is no image on my monitor...
Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130509
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824113018

If you need any more info let me know. I just really want to get this thing working.

Relevancy 52.03%

Built this pc yesterday and have been having issues with BSOD. It seems to only have started after I installed the drivers for my Steinberg Ci1 USB audio interface. I unplugged the usb and haven't been running the audio interface but the BSOD still happens. I tried finding anything useful in the event viewer but am not sure what to look for exactly. I found an event that said blue screen with an event id 1001 and fault bucket. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Just trying to get this pc to run.

Running Windows 7 64 ultimate.
Original install

A:BSOD fresh PC build, IRQL not less or equal

Hi LoganEV welcome to SF

Update the software\driver for your Intel Ethernet.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Finish with the above step and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190868-bsod-fresh-pc-build-irql-not-less-equal.html
Relevancy 52.03%

new here but after a few days i am kind of frustrated and asking for some help this is a fresh build me and my brother put together after my laptop motherboard got a short we are both experienced in building computers been doing it for around years now not regularly but every few years or so totally often and build BSOD random. fresh we each put a new one together never had issues like this before i am getting bsod at random the first time was during my chipset installation right after windows finished installing i have tested the ram i have switched out the PSU and i just completely removed and reinstalled the gpu realtek and chip drivers and am waiting to see if it returns i am using windows ultimate x cracked but it is a version copy we have used for years with no issues on any install or even currently running machine msi a x-g gaming motherboard amd a - k radeon r corsair vengeance pro x gb BSOD often and totally random. fresh build seagate rpm tb i had an older thermaltake tr w in but i replaced it with an evga w supernova psu thinking it was that i also had a ati installed but it is now removed and running the onboard gpu so here are my dmps thanks for the help in advance hopefully ive already fixed it but id rather not waste more time waiting for it to happen again

A:BSOD often and totally random. fresh build

Counterfeit installations such as yours contain heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analyzing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable. For this reason, many analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine Windows 7. This will minimize the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable. Once you are running a Genuine Windows 7 installation, and are still experiencing BSOD's, we will be happy to help you solve them

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377686-bsod-often-totally-random-fresh-build.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all My computer finally came in yesterday and I threw it all together Here is the basic rundown XION Black XION II XON- SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply DFI LP UT nF SLI-D Socket NVIDIA nForce SLI ATX AMD Motherboard SAPPHIRE SR Radeon X GTO MB GDDR PCI Express x AMD Athlon Venice GHz FSB Socket Processor CORSAIR ValueSelect build, XP Pro install Fresh SP2 computer BSOD on GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Western Digital GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive NEC Black IDE ATAPI DVD Burner Model ND- A - OEM Basically a copy and paste from NewEgg Please note no Floppy drive Anyways put it all together and fire it up Boots fine good ole DFI Lanparty logo yada yada Go to BIOS change the Boot sequence to boot off the CD for Windows XP Pro SP and I start installing it it then requires a restart to finish setup It restarts and I get a wonderful beautiful BSOD Basically Fresh computer build, BSOD on XP Pro SP2 install I m at work so I can t recall the error message off hand I got a IRQL LESS THAN EQUAL error Now do you think this Fresh computer build, BSOD on XP Pro SP2 install is an issue of it trying to boot off the floppy even though there isn t one I d imagine that this isn t an issue but it might still be in the BIOS didn t go back had to go to work albeit in a lower boot order since it was properly running off the CD Any ideas what needs to be set to remedy this issue I don t think it s exactly a driver yet I can t install them as Windows isn t completely installed yet as it s posting RAM is recognized and ran fine during the initial installation process of XP can write to the hard drive I have a display and what have you So what s the deal Where s the meat Thanks all knock nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-computer-build-bsod-on-xp-pro-sp2-install.40489/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm using windows 7 at the moment and only have chrome and steam installed. I'm using a wireless adapter that may or may not be the cause of the crashes, anyways here is the dump files if anyone could analyze them.COLTON-PC-Fri_08_21_2015__80106_75.zip

A:BSOD on fresh skylake computer build

Your dumps are pointing towards memory corruption (or a bad driver passing bad info into memory)
I would start by testing your ram
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379234-bsod-fresh-skylake-computer-build.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So had a friend hit me up for a custom computer with a budget of I ordered all the parts installing fresh Self with restart build while windows through PCcase and are as follows Coolmaster cm usb case Asus m a x evo mb Amd fx- G Skill ripjaws f - c d- gxm ddr gb Ocz vertex gb ssd Corsair hydro h CPU cooler Gigabyte GeForce gtx oc gb Antec HCG w psu LG ch ls odd Win pro ledgit Long story short everything is detected with in the bios but the boot device LED stays solid on I've booted it from a win DVD then THE COMPUTER RESTARTS It's only restarted after I've booted from the DVD sometimes when it's at the language part but always does it when its at the install part right at uncompressing files at Now I've but about rigs over the years without a problem and it's really getting to me I've tried most sata settings IDE amp AHCI different hdds different sata cables amp ports cleared the CMOS removed mains power removed the CMOS battery moved jumper waited min held down power button waited min replaced battery moved jumper back replace mains power the mb memOK function gives the RAM the all clear as well as the windows memcheck after Self restart while installing windows with fresh build passes everything was seated with a wrist strap I've checked the ssd with sata to USB interface and my laptop gives it the all clear oh yeh I chech with a diff HDD and the mb has the latest firmware USB flashed This is not my computer its for a friend so anything would be great my friend understands and is being great about the situation custom builds can have problems but they can be fixed Again any help would be great

A:Self restart while installing windows with fresh build

Is the AMD FX-8150 a UEFI system? If so: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/242225-self-restart-while-installing-windows-fresh-build.html
Relevancy 52.03%

As in title.

I've just built a new system with spec:

Phenom II 3.4Ghz (x4)
8Gb Patriot DDR3-1333Mhz
Gigabyte Motherboard
MSI graphics-1Ghz GPU
Seagate 500Gb Sata HD
DVD-RW Sata

On loading Vista x64bit (fresh install) to the point where it is preparing to load up for the first time I'm suffering from a recurring BSOD where there is a 0x0000007E error memory crash dump, and continues to do this on start up.

I've run memtest, all memory is fine.

Any pointers appreciated.

A:New Build Fresh Install 7E Crash Mem Dumps

Welcome

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292944-new-build-fresh-install-7e-crash-mem-dumps.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone.

I built a computer about a month ago and ever since the first attempt to install windows it has been giving me blue screens. The computer is working someone fine most of the time now, but still has a daily to twice a day blue screen error. I have done everything that google has said (Memtest, driver updates, HDD diagnostics, BIOS update, check registry, scan for virus, etc.) with no help. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciative.

Attached are the minidumps and system information. Thank you for your time.

A:Random BSOD's since fresh build. Error 0x0000001e.

Could you update your full system specs in your profile, please?

The last 3 BSODs you had - 2 were 1E errors caused by ntkrnlmp.exe and you had a 3B error caused by fltmgr.sys.

Could you uninstall AVG and install MSE for testing purposes, and also disable/uninstall AppleCharger as this can cause problems (http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/utility.aspx - The On/Off charge utility. Not the one for Intel 7 series).

Try running sfc /scannow, also if your motherboard has a parallel port, then disable it within the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242627-random-bsods-since-fresh-build-error-0x0000001e.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I've read a few of the other posts but haven't been able to get it to work on mine yet. I'm getting the "no signed drivers were found" error when trying to install windows 7 64 bit on my new build. I don't have an old one to format the hard drive and partition it on. So my question is can I build a partition outside of the install or inside of the install? When I switch to ACHI(AHCI) which every one it is, and I go into advanced installation it gives me the option for new partition but there are 0 MB available to do this with. I've put my comp specs into my profile. Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. When my old desktop crashed I had a working laptop so I has been years since I've had a 2nd desktop to work with.

A:No signed drivers were found on fresh install new build.

Put the Dvd in the computer when you get to the screen where it asks you where you want to install Windows . Hold down Shift and press F10 . You will then have a command prompt Window and type in these commands

Note
Press < ENTER > after every command

Type DISKPART
Type LIST DISK
Type SELECT DISK 0

Type CLEAN

Type CREATE PRIMARY PARTITION
Type SELECT PARTITION 1
Type ACTIVE
Type FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="Windows 7" QUICK

Type ASSIGN LETTER=C

Type EXIT

Type EXIT

Then back in the Where to install Windows click on Refresh and you should see

Disk 0 Partition 1: Windows 7 C:

Highlight that and click on next .

Note
If you don't want to use the entire hard drive you could type in CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=51200 that will create a 50GB partition

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283036-no-signed-drivers-were-found-fresh-install-new-build.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All After my last rig decided to stop working I decided to build a new one and start fresh Would randomly turn off not BSOD and take multiple - Build Codes a Multiple Fresh - - 3b, 50, Constant BSOD tries to turn back on My new rig is based off a PCGamer build so I know components should work well together OS Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - K Ghz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z AP-D Intel Z Memory x Corsair GB Dual Channel Corsair DDR for Intel Core i Graphics Card s GeForce GT waiting on Sapphire Video Card Radeon HD Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro Monitor s Displays Gateway quot Monitor and output to TVHard Drives Western Digital WD FAEX TB Caviar Black - RPM MB SATA Gbs PSU Ultra X Watt Modular PSUCase COOLER MASTER COSMOS RC- -KSN Fresh Build - Constant BSOD - Multiple Codes - 3b, 50, a -GP Cooling - MM Case Farns plus stock Intel CPU Cooler This issue seems to be isolated to Fresh Build - Constant BSOD - Multiple Codes - 3b, 50, a the Win itself I kept my previous Hard Drives and was able to boot Fresh Build - Constant BSOD - Multiple Codes - 3b, 50, a up XP and it was stable Loaded up my Win - install and nothing my BSOD dumps Hardware was no different So I decided to buy a new hard drive and start completely from scratch with a fresh drive fresh Win Install and everything The only parts above that are quot old quot are the Original Case Monitor Graphics Card as the one I ordered hasn't shown up yet and the SoundBlaster Audio Card The rest of the items are new fresh out of the box I have run the Win Memory Diagnostic Test and it gave a clean bill of health I installed Win this morning and in the last hours I have had dumps Any help is much appreciated I am working on uploading the zip but since it crashes so often it is being troublesome to pull down the exe and run it Submitting this thread from laptop while I try to get the info from the main computer

A:Fresh Build - Constant BSOD - Multiple Codes - 3b, 50, a

Zip is attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229035-fresh-build-constant-bsod-multiple-codes-3b-50-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi New user here and I think I know a little bit here and there but there are holes I am in the process of Solved: Fresh new squeaky Startup? build. computer a new build from scratch Nothing used from other wreckage just Solved: Fresh squeaky new computer build. Startup? squeaky clean and I have never done this before so I m a bit of a deer in the headlights at this point The Guts Case Antec Solo Solved: Fresh squeaky new computer build. Startup? Mobo Asus Solved: Fresh squeaky new computer build. Startup? p k Deluxe Wifi-ap Processor Intel Core II Duo E Ram Corsair TWIN x - C DHX MHz Video Matrox Parhelia APVe HD Western Digital Caviar G rpm MB SATAII Sound SoundBlaster X-FI Platinum Fatal ty Tuner Haupague WinTV PVR Dual PSU Gigabyte Odin GT W OS Windows Media Center This is purpose built to run two LCD screens and a HDMI plasma simultaneously play music off my HD or watch record tv with the tuner and hopefully not fry the whole thing because I did something stupid That is why I am here trying to learn I think I have done my research to be sure everything jives with each other and am not too happy with my choice of MCE for OS only that I am hoping it will tie it all together somehow I read on another forum where they were trying to chase down a POST problem that it was best to tear it down and install one piece at a time Start with one stick of ram the video card and boot into bios If that is functional then add a device Is that good advice I have about G invested in this system already and I really don t want to mess it up because I haven t done my reading So here is the question If I do start with a stick of ram and the video card fire it up and get into BIOS Now what What do I add next At what point do I partition my drive When do I install drivers What is the best order to add devices Where to create restore points That sort of thing Ok ok easy on me I m a journeyman carpenter Have any questions about that and I ll answer them gladly I m not afraid of reading either If you have a link I can follow that is better than kick in the head Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I've read a few of the other posts but haven't been able to get it to work on mine yet. I'm getting the "no signed drivers were found" error when trying to install windows 7 64 bit on my new build. I don't have an old one to format the hard drive and partition it on. So my question is can I build a partition outside of the install or inside of the install? When I switch to ACHI(AHCI) which every one it is, and I go into advanced installation it gives me the option for new partition but there are 0 MB available to do this with. I've put my comp specs into my profile. Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. When my old desktop crashed I had a working laptop so I has been years since I've had a 2nd desktop to work with.

A:No signed drivers were found on fresh install new build.

Put the Dvd in the computer when you get to the screen where it asks you where you want to install Windows . Hold down Shift and press F10 . You will then have a command prompt Window and type in these commands

Note
Press < ENTER > after every command

Type DISKPART
Type LIST DISK
Type SELECT DISK 0

Type CLEAN

Type CREATE PRIMARY PARTITION
Type SELECT PARTITION 1
Type ACTIVE
Type FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="Windows 7" QUICK

Type ASSIGN LETTER=C

Type EXIT

Type EXIT

Then back in the Where to install Windows click on Refresh and you should see

Disk 0 Partition 1: Windows 7 C:

Highlight that and click on next .

Note
If you don't want to use the entire hard drive you could type in CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=51200 that will create a 50GB partition

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/283036-no-signed-drivers-were-found-fresh-install-new-build.html