Windows Support Forum

Not responding when using save as or opening data files

Q: Not responding when using save as or opening data files

My machine hangs (messages shows not responding) when trying a number of simple save or open commands on microsoft office applications. It hangs when:

I try to open a pst data file (archive copy or old back up)throught outlook. I get as far as pressing "file"then "open"then it hangs.
I try and save attachments, it allows me to save as in the top directory (my documents) but not in sub directories
I try a "send to" command with any of the office applications it hands
I open a document and try to save it later in any directory other than the highest level (my documents)

It does not hange when:
I right click on the attachments and drag onto desktop then drag into the sub folders
I copy and past ok
I view all files no matter what the level when using windows explorer

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Not responding when using save as or opening data files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

I;m running windows 7. when i try to open my videos, and open RealPlayer Downloads folder with flv. files inside, after a short time a message pops up that windows explorer is not responding and has to shut down. this happens every time i check the files. A friend told me i probably have a virus. I've seen other people with this similar problem too. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows Explorer not responding when opening RealPlayer files?

Can you play other flv files? Have you scanned your system for virus's and/or malware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-not-responding-when-opening-realplayer-files.1051564/
Relevancy 64.5%

OK, Starter for ten,
We have published some Infopath forms on a Sharepoint portal, the intranet address is registered as a 'trusted site' and the forms themselves were published from within the local net, everytime a user opens a saved form, the usual 'do you want to open save or cancel' dialogue box appears (with the 'always ask' tickbox greyed out).
How do I either disable this dialogue box or re-enable the tickbox so that users can select to aways open?
When a new form is opened (XSN File), the dialogue does not appear.
I seem to remember there being a registry hack for file types, although I can't find it in any of the usual sources...
Cheers,
10forcash
[edited for [email protected] spelling]

A:How to bypass open / save dialogue when opening XML files

Anybody got a clue? 'cos I haven't
Cheers,
10forcash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-bypass-open-save-dialogue-when-opening-xml-files.269322/
Relevancy 64.5%

OK, Starter for ten,
We have published some Infopath forms on a Sharepoint portal, the intranet address is registered as a 'trusted site' and the forms themselves were published from within the local net, everytime a user opens a saved form, the usual 'do you want to open save or cancel' dialogue box appears (with the 'always ask' tickbox greyed out).
How do I either disable this dialogue box or re-enable the tickbox so that users can select to aways open?
When a new form is opened (XSN File), the dialogue does not appear.
I seem to remember there being a registry hack for file types, although I can't find it in any of the usual sources...
Cheers,
10forcash

A:How to bypass open / save dialogue when opening XML files

I looked.
Couldn't find the answer.
Yelled at Microsoft for ya.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-bypass-open-save-dialogue-when-opening-xml-files.269711/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all

Right then here's a little problem which I've just started experiencing lately. At work we run program with a HTML front end on a SQL database. When clicking a button, within IE, I should be prompted to either save a csv file or open a csv file. I need to save these files as clicking open on them opens them up in Excel which is no good for me as they are usually 65,000+ records in size.

Now I get no option to save/open it just opens up in Excel automatically, losing any records past the magic 65,536 mark. To top it off I have a program called CSVed which is associated with all csv files. A normal double-click of a csv file within Windows would open it in this program anyway and not Excel?!

Any ideas?

Cheers
Mark

A:[SOLVED] IE automatically opening files not prompting to save

I'm pretty sure you can correct this by opening up a folder (in windows, not an IE page; and any folder - doesn't matter where) and click Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types tab then find the CSV type in the list. Click Advanced, then make sure Confirm Open After Download is ticked. This should make sure you get the download confirmation box where you can choose to save it instead of it opening.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie-automatically-opening-files-not-prompting-to-save-99483.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Dear all,

I am a novice at trying to backing up my files and data before my hard drive crashes but guess what, I am here to say that my hard drive has crashed and I cannot do that now. I get an error message : <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

which means I have to either reinstall my Windows XP (which I hope works and I still have to find) or reformat my computer.

My question is: how can I save the files on my hard drive manually since my computer technically won't get past this error message?

Please let me know asap.

Sincerely,

coomstop

A:Hard drive to be Reformatted but need to save data and files first

Read How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-to-be-reformatted-but-need-to-save-data-and-files-first.137683/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok im having problems opening saves with the Test Drive Unlimited Save Editor because I always get this error Can anyone please help me See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System Runtime InteropServices COMException x Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID DC C A C-E A- DDE-A A - F A AEF failed due to the following error Class not registered Exception from HRESULT x REGDB E CLASSNOTREG at System Windows Forms OpenFileDialog CreateVistaDialog at System Windows Forms FileDialog RunDialogVista IntPtr hWndOwner at System Windows 2 Files Unlimited Error Editor Drive With Test Opening Save Forms FileDialog RunDialog IntPtr hWndOwner at System Windows Forms CommonDialog ShowDialog IWin Window owner at System Windows Forms CommonDialog ShowDialog at Object at at Object EventArgs at System Windows Forms ToolStripItem RaiseEvent Object key EventArgs e at System Windows Forms ToolStripMenuItem OnClick EventArgs e at System Windows Forms ToolStripItem HandleClick EventArgs e at System Windows Forms ToolStripItem HandleMouseUp MouseEventArgs e at System Windows Forms ToolStripItem FireEventInteractive EventArgs e ToolStripItemEventType met at System Windows Forms ToolStripItem FireEvent EventArgs e ToolStripItemEventType met at System Windows Forms ToolStrip OnMouseUp MouseEventArgs mea at System Windows Forms ToolStripDropDown OnMouseUp MouseEventArgs mea at System Windows Forms Control WmMouseUp Message amp m MouseButtons button Int clicks at Error Opening Files With Test Drive Unlimited 2 Save Editor System Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms ScrollableControl WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms ToolStrip WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms ToolStripDropDown WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow OnMessage Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version RTMGDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- TestDriveUnlimited Editor Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Users ct Desktop Test Drive Unlimited Editor exe ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms v b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing v b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System v b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic v b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Core Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Core v b a c e System Core dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly Version Win Version RTMRel - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting v b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- ec- c - d - b - c f fac Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Users ct Desktop Test Drive Unlimited Editor exe ---------------------------------------- System Xml Assembly Version Win Version built by RTMRel CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft Net assembly GAC MSIL System Xml v b a c e System Xml dll --------------------... Read more

A:Error Opening Files With Test Drive Unlimited 2 Save Editor

Can no one help me with this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-opening-files-with-test-drive-unlimited-2-save-editor.997451/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

I am stumped. When I go to My Pictures the folder immediately closes and the data execution prevention prompt appears.

Here is what I have done:

1. Checked all my security settings and scanned both the computer and specific folder. (Settings were good and both scans came back negative)
2. Opened various files types from other locations just to see if it was a compter wide problem (other picture files opened correctly)
2. Went to the data execution prevention prompt under My Computer and turned it off for Windows Explorer to see if this would fix the problem... now I am getting a Windows Explorer error which closes the My Pictures folder as well.

Any help fixing this problem would be awesome! So many pictures and memories from over the years are at stake! Please help!

yours truyly... Diddykong991

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-execution-prevention-opening-picture-files-404795.html
Relevancy 61.49%

To back up the quicken data files from our laptop that used XP, I copied the Quicken 2003 data files from their location on the C drive and pasted them into a folder on an external hard drive. We did not back up the files to the external hard using the Quicken program.
Our laptop hard drive died.

We have a new laptop with Windows 7 operating system and have reinstalled Quicken 2003. However, we cannot open the copied Quicken data files stored on the external hard drive. We get an error "Cannot read file" or "Can't Open File".

What can we do to read these Quicken data files? They have significant financial information that we need to access & update for our business.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quicken-2003-copied-data-files-not-opening.1031273/
Relevancy 60.63%

I receive data files in ASCI text. I want to open them in Excel or in Access but I do not want to spend 2 days counting spaces. Sometimes, I do not even have a clearly delineated file format to help me break it out.
Any tips?

A:Opening ASCI text data files in Excel or Access

None that I know of without you having to do all the leg work. What is the source of the text file? As in where is it coming from, what program does it originate in?

No way of having them save it into a format that Excel or Access can import?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-asci-text-data-files-in-excel-or-access.268412/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all I have a strange problem here I ve never heard of before When I try to open a program in instead to files told - as" Trouble opening "save Windows XP via my Start Menu by using the normal method of left-clicking on a Trouble opening files - told to "save as" instead file name instead of opening the file it opens a quot save as quot box asking me to save the file The only way I can open the file is by using right-click and then selecting quot open with quot and the relevant program It s been acting this way for a month or so Otherwise I haven t noticed any current glitches Any suggestions how to fix this Thanks in advance Here s my general data Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TJ Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Trouble opening files - told to "save as" instead

Try R Click >> Open With >> Choose Program .. and choose the pgm you always want to open it in ...
Make sure the "Always Use ..etc ...." Box is checked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-opening-files-told-to-save-as-instead.1107737/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi About every three months my laptop does this Here are the problems I've noticed Chrome will not open or take extremely long to load When I click on firewall it does not respond and Windows explorer has to be restarted Audio video is very laggy but only on certain programs Desktop lets me Chrome opening, freezing desktop opening/responding, etc. up, not not Firewall click icon once but then cannot Firewall not opening/responding, desktop freezing up, Chrome not opening, etc. click any icons until I restart explorer I Firewall not opening/responding, desktop freezing up, Chrome not opening, etc. have fixed this problem multiple times The cause was usually Windows defender needing an update As soon as I updated it everything worked normally again Another time the solution was running Hitman Pro or MalwareBytes which also made it work again This time Firewall not opening/responding, desktop freezing up, Chrome not opening, etc. I can't get anything to work I have tried Updating windows defender Updating Java Checking to make sure firewall service was running Running a malware scan using Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes I know there has to be something else I can do but I'm not sure what to do next I'm running Windows -bit

A:Firewall not opening/responding, desktop freezing up, Chrome not opening, etc.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running now?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595624/firewall-not-openingresponding-desktop-freezing-up-chrome-not-opening-etc/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 55.9%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi There My housemate s laptop has a virus and they asked me to help fix it By the looks of it they have the quot Data Recovery Virus quot on their laptop Ran various virus scans and removed about malicious files but still no joy Upon startup several boxes pop up stating quot Failed to save all the components for the file System c The file is corrupted or unreadable quot Each box has a different sys file including em and em d I ve ran spybot and SUPERAntiSpyware both removed a whole load file for \System32\(several file components Data is corrupte... the recovery - The system32 virus Failed save files). to of crap on the Data recovery virus - Failed to save components for the file \System32\(several system32 files). The file is corrupte... laptop but not the damn virus im after Also ran Security Check Results of screen s Security Check version Windows x UAC is enabled Internet Explorer Out of date Antivirus Firewall Check Windows Firewall Enabled Norton WMI entry may not exist for antivirus attempting automatic update Anti-malware Other Utilities Check MVPS Hosts File Spybot - Search amp Destroy Java Update Out of date Java installed Adobe Flash Player Flash Player Out of Date Mozilla Firefox x en-GB Process Check objlist exe by Laurent Norton ccSvcHst exe End of Data recovery virus - Failed to save components for the file \System32\(several system32 files). The file is corrupte... Log Running a comprehensive virus scan again atm will post SAS results when its done Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

A:Data recovery virus - Failed to save components for the file \System32\(several system32 files). The file is corrupte...

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 10/27/2011 at 04:10 PM

Application Version : 5.0.1134

Core Rules Database Version : 7856

Trace Rules Database Version: 5668

Scan type : Complete Scan

Total Scan Time : 01:16:31

Operating System Information

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Build 6.01.7600)

UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned : 306

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 71337

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 225087

File threats detected : 18

Adware.Agent/Gen-Pinball

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MOSSYSKY\BIN\1.0.16.0\MOSSYSKYSACB.EXE

C:\Windows\Prefetch\MOSSYSKYSACB.EXE-0EB24479.pf

Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert[Local]

C:\PROGRAMDATA\1KALMIG2KB7FZP.EXE

Adware.Tracking Cookie

cdn1.image.freeporn.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

ec.atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

files.youporn.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

ia.media-imdb.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

s0.2mdn.net [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

secure-uk.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

spe.atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

stat.easydate.biz [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

upmedia.plymouth.ac.uk [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

www.pornhub.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

www.porntube.com [ C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MACROMEDIA\FLASH PLAYER\#SHAREDOBJECTS\FLTEG34J ]

C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\COOKIES\LOW\[email protected][1].TXT [ /AD.ADPERIUM ]

C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\COOKIES\LOW\[email protected][2].TXT [ /ADS.SUMOTORRENT ]

C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\COOKIES\LOW\[email protected][2].TXT [ /CLICK.GEOPAYSYS ]

C:\USERS\LISA\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\COOKIES\LOW\[email protected][1].TXT [ /LFSTMEDIA ]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425263/data-recovery-virus-failed-to-save-components-for-the-file-system32several-system32-files-the-file-is-corrupted-or-unreadable/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a number of files I would like to NTFS Save Files/Save Seagate Disk Hard 7200.12 try and save off of the disk Seagate 7200.12 NTFS Save Files/Save Hard Disk and or I would like to know if there is any saving the hard drive for future use I record music and use adobe programs for freelance artwork Also there are a number of pictures I'd love to recover though as far as I know they're backed up on google drive The wavs of some recordings were recent and were not backed up in time before the disk crashed I apologize this is lenghty but i'll throw it all out there As best as I can remember this is the sequence of events My daughter was born three weeks ago my wife decided to pop in a usb thumbdrive to save baby pictures to my pc Dell Optiplex refurbished Win bit Intel dual core processors Seagate Barracuda TB hardrive A few pictures unknown to me at the time were corrupted wither on the flashdrive or the camera's memory card After she moved the pictures to the computer it froze and she restarted Windows Desktop Manager crashed and CPU in task manager was at always I ran an error check and four files were found to be corrupt and fixed photos reaper file and system file I'm an idiot and I didn't write down the system file After error check I noticed a yellow exclamation next to optiplex in devices and I was notified that the driver for my intel processors was not compatible suddenly with windows I tried to download new optiplex drivers but chrome and internet explorer would freeze as soon as I tried to leave my homepage google and msn com I tried to find a system restore point but was told none existed on anything System froze while trying to find the drivers again from dell and I had to shut down upon restart windows update decided to kick on and tried to install updates and all hell broke loose Windows won't start at all now not even in safe mode Ran startup repair times and was told it could not repair At this point I got a SATA hard disk reader from a friend and was able to attach to my laptop and recover of my files The other files folders were a cyclic redundancy error one of the folders was the folder with the baby pictures in it the others were a completely different photo folder and my reaper files on two albums I ran a chkdsk on the drive and got unreadable on files - - and every file after windows setup a chkdsk on startup and now the disc says NTFS and will not open chkdsk tells me the drive is RAW now I tried Recuva to no avail Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated I'd like to save as many files as possible obviously though I'm nervous that bird flew the coup long ago

A:Seagate 7200.12 NTFS Save Files/Save Hard Disk

It almost sounds like you got some malware from that USB stick.

If you have a friend with a Linux computer, or have access to one, you can often hook up a non booting drive and recover files that way. I don't know the exact procedure but something like this may help, too:

Emergency Kit - save your files from a dead OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328428-seagate-7200-12-ntfs-save-files-save-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The computer involved is using Windows Pro bit and Office Professional Plus as a folder excel Cannot redirected I unles in use save save files I am having a problem I cannot find a solution to I have one user at a clients location that has recently stopped being able to save excel files in their my documents The my docs is being redirected to a server The files open correctly and can be edited but when save is Cannot save excel files in a redirected folder unles I use save as clicked an error box says the document not saved Using cntrl-shift-i I found the error code to be I can open any other file and save them just fine And any new excel documents can be opened and saved correctly The file can be saved into the same folder using save as is and the document is renamed However the user cannot erase the old file Doing some digging I made sure the trust zone was enable for the network path and trusted locations on a network were allowed They had already been configured I checked for the windows update that microsoft reported could fix this problem and it was not installed I went ahead and tried the hotfix but it would not run because of the missing update I tried changing permissions and ownership This where it gets strange the user has full control enabled on the folder On any other folder or file I can right click and view the security tab However on the excel files when I click the security tab a red line is displayed that says quot This file is currently not available for use on this computer quot If I try to make a security change on a whole folder any excel files within that folder give an error and say permissions cannot be changed Anyone have an idea how to fix this issue

A:Cannot save excel files in a redirected folder unles I use save as

To resolve this problem, reinitialize the cache of offline files. To do this, follow these steps:Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
Locate the following registry subkey, and then right-click it: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC
Point to New, and then click Key.
Type Parameters in the box.
Right-click Parameters, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit)Value.
Type FormatDatabase, and then press ENTER.
Right-click FormatDatabase, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Taken from Gray "X" on network share folder icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200350-cannot-save-excel-files-redirected-folder-unles-i-use-save.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Running windows vista home premium bit service pack Dell inspiron core duo ghz gig ramI cant pinpoint when it started exactly but all of a sudden some of my programs could not save An example of this would be in firefox- save any save files! cant window- access malware cant programs - possible My I right click a photo select quot save image as quot and the usual window does not open- nothing happens Same thing with quot save page as My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! - possible malware quot I tried shortcuts ctrl -s nothing happens either another example would be in adobe flash pro I select quot save as quot or quot My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! - possible malware load My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! - possible malware file quot in the file option nothing happens either another example is also while accessing forums emails or any site that requires loading files- take for examle this forum Below the posting box is a browse button in the attachments- if I click that nothing happens no windows pops up I cant upload anything Its very hard to pinpoint the exact problem because not all programs have it Adobe photoshop works fine Autodesk Maya works fine too I do not know if its related but at the same time Internet explorer and Windows media player stopped working entirely and when I install anti-virus programs this shows up cocreateinstance failed x class not registeredalso in yahoo messenger news box if i try to click a link it says catastrophic error in utorrent if I right click a torrent and select quot open containing folder quot an error shows quot class not registered quot again I dont know if it is related in any way to the problem or a whole other can of worms altogether I ve tried malware scans malwarebytes - system restore did not work either - I m not sure if this is a virus or if something just broke in vista Is there any solution available to me that does not require a full reinstall of vista Any help or insight into the matter would be much appreciated thanks- Japheth A UPDATE I was told to repost this in the malware removal logs Here s the DDS log But I cant attach the quot attach txt quot file because it is part of the problem detailed above I cannot attach anything or save or load on some programs should I just post the attach txt here DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC ProgramData DatacardService DCService exeC Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exeC Program Files x Autodesk ds Max mentalimages satellite raysat dsmax server exeC Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalimages satellite raysat dsmax server exec Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files x Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC ProgramData DatacardService DCSHelper exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files x Sony Reader Data bin launcher Reader Library Launcher exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Users Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar PreserveuWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmWinlogon Userinit userinit exe TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No FileTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dlluRun Sidebar quot C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe quot autoRunuRun ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeuRun QuickGammaLoader quot C Program Files x QuickGamma QuickGammaLoader exe quot... Read more

A:My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! - possible malware

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resouce! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/414467 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414467/my-programs-cant-access-save-window-cant-save-any-files-possible-malware/
Relevancy 52.46%

Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files Apparently corrupted files I am Inability Unwanted files messages MSWord picture to files. MSExcel Apparently encoding and corrupted files. on opening files? open having problems opening doc and xls and jpg files in some but not all folders in my folder tree e g C Documents and Settings username My Documents Folder X However Folders Y and Z are apparently unaffected This has arisen only recently My system is Windows XP Home and Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? SP upgraded to SP MSWORD EXAMPLE - On opening a Word file whether from Word or from Windows Explorer I receive this dialog box quot File Conversion - filename doc quot quot Select the encoding that makes your document readable quot The already selected button is quot Other encoding quot and the suggested code is quot Japanese quot The preview pane shows only an array of characters all the same Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files? On trying to select the button quot Windows Default quot the preview changes to a continuous array of lower-case xxxxxxx On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Auto-Select quot the selected code returns itself to quot Japanese quot with the display as already noted above On returning to the quot Other encoding quot option and trying quot Western European Windows quot the display reverts to the Windows Default style as already noted above lines of xxxxxxx I am unable to open the file MSEXCEL EXAMPLE - On opening an Excel file all I get is an immensely long string of a character in cell A Same character all the way Again I am unable to open the file PICTURE EXAMPLE - On opening a jpg file from a picture program or direct from Windows Explorer I get messages such as quot No preview available quot in Windows Picture and Fax viewer or quot Cannot open file filename jpg in Corel or just the boxed in little red X in MS Office Picture Manager Again I am unable to open the file CLUE - I recently installed a down-loaded trial copy of BackUp All and ran it I then had start-up problems with a blue screen and message about computer damage suspect hardware software etc and the machine did a Memory Dump and then rebooted successfully This happened every time I started from cold I then uninstalled BackUp All and removed all traces The blue screen problem has not recurred Could this have been connected with the problems noted above It seems possible and please note that since then it appears that any new files I save to the affected Folders can be opened correctly but still not the earlier ones They are obviously corrupted Any help will be received with thanks These files are valuable and I want them back Robin Oram

A:Unwanted encoding messages on opening MSWord files. Inability to open MSExcel files and picture files. Apparently corrupted files?

This sounds like it might be a malware infection.

Have you run any scans lately?

Did you download BackUp4All from a reputable source?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201994/unwanted-encoding-messages-on-opening-msword-files-inability-to-open-msexcel-files-and-picture-files-apparently-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 52.46%

Woot, 2,000th Win8 Thread!!!

Anyway, I am having problems with Notepad especially. Occasionally, Save As will not respond, and has sometimes taken over 2 minutes to start responding again. This only happens for the first time I log in. This is a shared computer, so I log off and on very frequently. This is a recent problem, it started within the last few days, and I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps it's just more deterioration of the OS.

I build Magic: The Gathering decks as a hobby and I use Notepad for most of this. It is getting very annoying.

Anyone have any suggestions? I tried looking it up on Google but I couldn't find the exact problem I am having.

Thanks in advance.

A:Save As (Not Responding)

Hi,
When things get slow for me I start with clearing caches and temp files. Moving on from there I run Malware Bytes Antimalware and /or Super AntiSpyWare along with my installed security program. If there's no infection present that usually does the trick.  
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539643/save-as-not-responding/
Relevancy 52.46%

Everytime I try to "save as" in word or excel and go to the drop down to select the location for the save, the program stops responding. It just hangs up. If I do a Control Alt Delete it may or may not clear the problem. This is office XP and a new toshiba laptop. I have downloaded all the service patches from microsoft, etc......
Help

A:Save as not responding

Are you trying to save to a local drive or a network drive. Almost sounds like you don't have permissions to a mapped drive anymore...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-as-not-responding.132667/
Relevancy 52.46%

help,
when i'm using microsoft office 2007 and i want to "save as" a document the response is a dialog box with "save as not responding". this just started last week for no reason i can tell.
thanks for help

http://www.vistax64.com/software/150146-save-not-responding.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Running windows vista home premium any files! My save cant programs window- save access cant bit service pack Dell inspiron core duo ghz gig ramI cant pinpoint when it started exactly but all of a sudden some of my programs could not save An example of this would be in firefox- I right click a photo select quot save image as quot and the usual window does not open- nothing happens Same thing with quot save page as quot I tried shortcuts ctrl -s nothing happens either another example would be in adobe flash pro I select quot save as My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! quot or quot load file quot in the file option nothing happens either another example is also while accessing My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! forums emails or any My programs cant access save window- cant save any files! site that requires loading files- take for examle this forum Below the posting box is a browse button in the attachments- if I click that nothing happens no windows pops up I cant upload anything Its very hard to pinpoint the exact problem because not all programs have it Adobe photoshop works fine Autodesk Maya works fine too I do not know if its related but at the same time Internet explorer and Windows media player stopped working entirely and when I install anti-virus programs this shows up cocreateinstance failed x class not registered also in yahoo messenger news box if i try to click a link it says catastrophic error in utorrent if I right click a torrent and select quot open containing folder quot an error shows quot class not registered quot again I dont know if it is related in any way to the problem or a whole other can of worms altogether I ve tried malware scans malwarebytes - system restore did not work either - I m not sure if this is a virus or if something just broke in vista Is there any solution available to me that does not require a full reinstall of vista Any help or insight into the matter would be much appreciated thanks- Japheth A

A:My programs cant access save window- cant save any files!

It does appear to be malware to me.We need a deeper look. Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414309/my-programs-cant-access-save-window-cant-save-any-files/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m not sure if this might be a Windows system error or registery error possible Maybe relating to file exploer Nonetheless I shall explain my issue as best I can I have been having the issue for a while which seems to be ongoing in saving anything on my laptop for an application be it a word document a picture online an excel spreadsheet a snapshot or snippet from something on my desktop a notepad document you get the idea It seems to be an issue where anything I save almost doesn t save the first time sometmes even the second time For example I attempt to save say a word document and it appears to hang with the save as not responding message showing the save dialog box and a blank space The cursor just goes round and round and then I click the dialog box again and it says save not responding and nor will it not 'Save as issue responding' when I allow it time to try So I have to close the program and lose the data and restart the program and do it again and then attempt to save it So now what I usually have done is start a word document save it first and usually thereafter it will save but when I start a new laptop session 'Save as not responding' issue it tends to repeat the issue not saving the first or second time I still haven t been able to fix that problem I attach a snapshot showing what happens which was a snippet of something on Calibre I wanted to show someone I hope I have explained the issue well enough I would appreciate any advice or solution s workaround s for this problem I want to endeavour to explore and exhaust all options before considering attempting a full clean re-install of my OS and rebuilidng from scratch with reinstalling my programs and putting all backed up documents back onto it excluding backups of profiles for Google chrome and firefox I would hope that last resort won t be necessary I have worked on checking that my laptop is clean from any infection with another forum and it is clean of any I have the premium Avast and Malwarebytes anti malware programs as well as MBAE and the excellent WinPatrol suite which is my combo protecting my laptop Also although there is a reimage repair as one workaroud I am reluctant to use that at my own risk whcih has no guarentee of working cleaning after attempting to fix specific window system problems It s not foolproof and I don t feel comfortable with that workaround There was one other workaround which suggests disconnecting my network drive but I have none showing to disconnect Again I would greatly appreciate any assistance Thank you nbsp

A:'Save as not responding' issue

I can't see the snapshot, but I think there's plenty of info there to get started anyway .

Are you saving to a local drive? I'd be interested to see if you get the same problem when disconnected from your network/internet, as I've seen this happen many times when the dialog box searches for external shares that are slow to respond.

Another thing I'd try is to run Process Monitor (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx) and capture data when you experience the problem. It may show some permission errors or show unexpected location access that could pin down the problem.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/save-as-not-responding-issue.4070912/
Relevancy 51.6%

Well I'm running Vista Ultimate x86 on an AMD 64 Athlon X2 3800+ with a gig of RAM, and it seems whenever I open the smaller folder browser, like the one opened to save and open files, and the one that opens when you with to browse the folders on your computer (such as to upload something to the net), it becomes nearly instantly Not Responding, and continues to stay like that until the whole program is closed.

Now this isn't happening to Windows Explorer, just this folder browser. Obviously it's a fairly urgent problem as I cannot save anything.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 51.6%

Everytime i try to save a document my save as freezes and reads 'not responding' then after a few minutes it will unfreeze but each time I click on a location to get to where I want to save the file it freezes and I have to go through this until I reach the place I want to save. It could take five minutes to save a document. Is there a fix for this?

A:Save as in windows 7 not responding

Is this from all applications, some applications, or just one particular one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-as-in-windows-7-not-responding.940154/
Relevancy 51.17%

First I want to say I am computer illiterate but I can explain what is happening and what I have tried to do to correct the problem I hope this is the right section to post this Problem I run Yahoo Groups Paint Shop Pro related groups I save and create signature program Can't - responding as stops save tags and graphics I do NOT have many stored on my computer but have them on a My Book external hard drive I also use Incredimail Now I can save all my graphics at this time on the IM program BUT when I click Save As and go to place the Can't save as - program stops responding tag on my external hard drive - the program stops responding Sometimes after seconds it allows me to save it - other times I have to close the program and try again The same thing happens when I go to select to use a graphic from my external hard drive or even one that I have saved on the quot C quot drive The program stops responding I have tried it using IE Firefox and Google Chrome - same thing happens It also happens in my Animation Shop program and Paint Shop Pro program I can't select graphics to use The program stops responding I ran malwarebytes - it found nothing I ran Advanced System Care - found nothing I ran ccleaner I ran Iobit Security Did a Norton Virus Scan a few times - it found nothing Did SFC scannow twice and both times it didn't find any integrity violations I have no idea what to try next I can read my email fine Navigate Web pages fine There isn't anything else I can see wrong except saving and using graphics in emails and in my paint shop programs Please help Thanks in advance Ilene

A:Can't save as - program stops responding

Can you post a screen shot of what you are using and exactly how you are trying to save files?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154349-cant-save-program-stops-responding.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I see my original thread was marked as solved.
The issue was solved for a couple of hours.
Now it seems I can save images to my external hard drive
BUT
The program stops responding
Then it responds
then it saves it
It takes 2 minutes before anything can be saved
Right now I am waiting on two things to be saved
One is graphics from my email
and the 2nd is saving a tagged tag I made in Animation Shop
It will save but it is giving me enough time now to write this message here until I can get back to my email or Animation Shop Program

What else can I check?
I think the problem lies with the external hard drive

I need more help please
Thanks, Ilene

A:Can't save as - program stops responding

Oh dear, that is very disappointing. Can you check your drive again for errors. Tell us what it says. If you have errors again then it might be that the drive is failing.

What else do you have running on the machine?

Just in case the drive is failing, make a backup copy of your stuff to wherever you can before you do anything else.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/154605-cant-save-program-stops-responding.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a user that is running into an issue on a new Lenovo T500 with Office 2003 Pro. When she goes into word or excel and creates a document or edits a document and then clicks save in it pulls up the save in window, but if she hits the drop down menu to change the save in location, it will hang for about 2 minutes and report in taskmgr that the application is not responding. After about 2 minutes it will once again become responsive and start working. The user is using XP Pro and I saw posts about issues with autoupdates so I had the user go in and do a new search and then installed the XP Pro SP3 but that has made no difference. I have looked through the processes and I don't see anything that jumps out at me. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Kunz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-not-responding-when-doing-save-as.792869/
Relevancy 51.17%

I know I've done this before. I get on a free wav download site, find a wav file and can't save it.

I've tried playing it in a new window and trying the "file" and "save as" feature, but it is always greyed out and can't be used. Same with right clicking. It greys out the option to "save target". Do I need to change something in my Internet Options or am I just losing it?

Help! and Thanks in advance.

A:Can't Save .wav Files By Right Clicking, Save As/target

try to right-click on the actual link to the file ... there should be a 'save target as' option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140365/cant-save-wav-files-by-right-clicking-save-astarget/
Relevancy 51.17%

Received a few MS Excel files from an outside vendor as e-mail attachment. I am able to save the attachement to My Doc or desktop and then open or open them directly from Outlook 2003 or 2007.

But when I tried to save the doc with or without making changes, the spreadsheet just sits there and saying Saving at the bottom. I waited several miniutes to be saved, but it just sits there. It does not taking any extra resources. On Application event viewer, it just displayes application hang error.

Relevancy 50.74%

Bascially i have a sony vaio latop, i have owned it for a year and a half and now it just says it can't respond if i try to open or save in any application. I firstly found out i had this problem in sony vegas pro 10.Please can you help and solve this problem its driving me crazy.

A:I can't save or open any file in any application without it saying 'Not responding'.

Do you know when this problem began? Try a System Restore to a point in time BEFORE the problem began. Here's the procedure: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html. Be sure to check the box to show more than 5 days of restore points. If the first attempt fails, then try an earlier point or two. NOTE: You will have to re-install any software and updates you installed and uninstall any software you removed between now and the restore point, but you can use Windows Update for the updates.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284535-i-cant-save-open-any-file-any-application-without-saying-not-responding.html
Relevancy 50.74%

For some reason I cannot make the DNS Server address remain when I do a restart. I can easily change it to one that works but every time I restart the computer, it reverts to the old address: 198.101.13.115 Any ideas why? I ran virus scans and spyware scans but nothing seems to help. Its been like this for 4 days now so I doubt its a server problem.

A:DNS Server isnt responding nor will it save any changes I make

Any security software that would be protecting the settings?

Are you part of a domain? That's some odd DNS address.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372811-dns-server-isnt-responding-nor-will-save-any-changes-i-make.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I'm running outlook 2002 SP3 on Win XP SP2. When I try to save an attachement of any size, it won't respond when I try to select a folder to save the attachement in. I did a virus, ad-aware and ewido scan, the pc is clean. I also reinstalled Office XP but the same thing.

Any ideas, please help me.

A:Outlook 2002 SP3 Save attachement, not responding

Did you run Detect and Repair from the help menu?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-sp3-save-attachement-not-responding.398056/
Relevancy 50.74%

Last month I purchased a Caviar Black I a save file responding stops when Computer TB internal SATA hard drive I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro on it At the time I opted to split the drive into three partitions C GB D GB E GB According to Computer stops responding when I save a file Disk Management C is the primary partition and Computer stops responding when I save a file D and E are extended partitions and logical drives Windows has been upgraded to Service Pack I have run into a recurring problem with the D partition Basically whenever I try to modify a file on that drive the program I am using stops responding Then any program afterwards that I try to start won t When I click on the Start Computer stops responding when I save a file menu and quot Turn Off Computer quot nothing happens the dialog box asking if I want to restart or shut down doesn t appear Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn t bring up the Task Manager Basically everything stops responding except I can still move the cursor The only way to turn off the computer is to press and hold the power switch Once restarted everything works fine until I try to modify a file on the D drive I have had no problems with the C or E partitions I don t know what causes the problem in the first place What I do know is that when the D drive starts having this problem any of the below actions will cause the symptoms described in the previous paragraph Downloading a file with Firefox and trying to save it to the D drive Opening a file on the D drive with Open Office making changes and clicking save Creating a txt file on the C drive opening it with notepad and trying to save it to the D drive Trying to delete a file on the D drive to the recycle bin Interestingly I am still able to copy files to the D drive without a problem I can copy everything on the D drive to the E drive with no problem If I start Windows in Safe Mode then I can modify and delete files on the D drive with no problem I ve scanned the computer with Avast and the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I also scanned it with Windows Defender and Spybot None of the scans showed any problems I ve also run Check Disk on the D drive with the quot scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors quot box checked No problems were reported In an attempt to fix the problem I have used Disk Management to delete and recreate the D partition I ve done so multiple times One time I even recreated it as two partitions D and Z Both partitions experienced the problem I ve recreated it using a different letter I believe I used J The problem still occured I ve tried renaming it to a different letter without deleting and recreating Didn t work Usually after I had deleted and recreated the partition it would work fine for awhile Sometimes the problem would resurface right after I had copied its files back onto the drive Other times the problem would resurface after installing a program Here is the sequence of events prior to the most recent occurrence of the problem I had saved a file on the D drive on Monday the th I put my computer into Stand By While I was at work today Tuesday the power was shut off So instead of resuming from stand by the computer had to boot up Once I logged in Adobe Flash asked to upgrade and I let it I then opened the same file on the D drive in Open Office updated it and clicked save - the program stopped responding After restarting my computer I tried to delete a different file a text file on the D drive and the problem occurred I searched on the web but it didn t appear anyone else has had this problem It s the first time I ve ever encountered it Since the problem completely disappears in Safe Mode I m inclined to think it s software related Let me know if you have any thoughts of what I could try or look for Let me know if I missed any important information

A:Computer stops responding when I save a file

Please post a screenshot from Disk Management.

What drive letter is assigned your optical drive? You should not have been able to assign D: to any partition, since it should have been assigned to the optical drive on the system (by default).

Just what method did you use to install Windows on the new drive?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425064/computer-stops-responding-when-i-save-a-file/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,

Here is what I want to do with my current excel file:
Click Save button to save all required data to another sheet
The number highlighted in reed need to be auto increment (+1) each time save button is click
Then the file will save as a new excel file with the form number (SRF-ABC-1001-14.xls)
And clear the current form and exit excel

Please refer my attached file for the sample what I want to do.

Please note the number highlighted in red should be auto increment number, once click save button, the file will automatic save as a new excel with the Form name.

Thank you so much for your help and time reading this.

A:vba to save file as a new file and record data into existing data sheet

anyone able to assist me?

I'm looking forward to learn hence I appreciate each code have a comment on top of it and provide me some samples of code and I'll workout the rest.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-to-save-file-as-a-new-file-and-record-data-into-existing-data-sheet.1134334/
Relevancy 50.31%

When i try to save or save as When Not Windows Save Explorer or Here Details Responding Download. files mostly microsoft office or when download from internet via browser FF Chrome IE I get quot Not responding quot for at least - sec MY pc details DELL XPS bit Windows Professional I did already read many forums thread on subject Started in Safe Mode Safe mode with network No problem there all works fine In Event Viewer shows many ERRORs Source Bonjour Service Windows Explorer Not Responding When Save or Download. Details Here - event id task category None Application Error - event id task category Event Application error details Faulting application name WINWORD EXE version time stamp x f Faulting module name wwlib dll version time stamp x f dc Exception code xc Fault offset x dae Faulting process id x b Faulting application start time x ce f f a b Faulting application path C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE Faulting module path C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office wwlib dll Report Id dd -d - e -a b-bc Bonjour Service - event id Details Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry What should I do about this problem Thank you

A:Windows Explorer Not Responding When Save or Download. Details Here

Quote: Originally Posted by jenns

When i try to save or save as files, mostly microsoft office, or when download from internet via browser (FF, Chrome, IE) I get "Not responding" for at least 30-40 sec.
MY pc details:
DELL, XPS, 64 bit
Windows 7 Professional

I did already (read many forums thread on subject)
1. Started in Safe Mode + Safe mode with network : No problem there, all works fine
2. In Event Viewer shows many ERRORs
Source: Bonjour Service - event id 100, task category None
Application Error - event id 1000, task category (100)

Event 1000 Application error details:
Faulting application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 14.0.6129.5000, time stamp: 0x5082f354
Faulting module name: wwlib.dll, version: 14.0.6129.5000, time stamp: 0x5082f3dc
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00030dae
Faulting process id: 0x1b84
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6870f0f1a18b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\wwlib.dll
Report Id: 3602dd95-d465-11e2-a80b-bc7737949980

Bonjour Service - event id 100 Details:
Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 12188342

What should I do about this problem?

Thank you

Hi jenns,

Welcome to the Sevenforums.

As you have already isolated it is not a browser issue and this occurs with MS Word files only. You should try re-installing MS Office using the supplied disk and this should help resolve this issue.

Check this link for downloading MS office if u do not have a original disk:

Download, back up & restore Microsoft Office products - Office.com

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293765-windows-explorer-not-responding-when-save-download-details-here.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Recent problem that I have seen before a couple of years ago, I just dont know how I fixed it last time.

Basically what is happening is several programs on my laptop will not open. For example, ad-aware,spybot, IE, I cannot reinstall any of the malware or spyware programs. I also cannot uninstall any programs. I tried restoring my computer to an eariler date before the problem, which was sucessfull, but still didnt fix the problem. Its running win7 HE and if you need any other information, please let me know.

Also, I have tried running in safe mode but still having the same problem of programs not opening.
Not sure what my next move is. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463906/programs-are-not-opening-or-responding/
Relevancy 49.88%

Just recently mr pc has been very slow opening anything up and then when it does surface it shows as 'not responding' So it takes a restart before things will work I am running xp home edition sp have ZA free AVG free System Mechanic and responding' Programmes PC opening on 'not Superantispyware free All scans are showing no problems and here is the hijack this log run this morning Thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at a m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Programmes 'not responding' on opening PC system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Programmes 'not responding' on opening PC svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG Programmes 'not responding' on opening PC AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files iolo common lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic IoloSGCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C PROGRA GENIUS mouseElf exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SystemGuardAlerter exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Genius Wireless NetScroll Superior EMouse exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvC... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programmes-not-responding-on-opening-pc-449337.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi save Word opening after not PDF all I m having trouble opening a Word file The last sequence of events relating to it were when I saved it whilst still open as a PDF for uploading to a website then tried to save in the doc or docx format also Now I m getting error messages - see attached and although I have tried converting from Word and from other and trying the different unicode suggestions I am unable to open the document Word not opening after PDF save I do have the document now as a PDF but obviously converting back to Word is a royal pain in the neck and even Word not opening after PDF save though I have tried it using the various online resources it is not keeping all the styles fonts etc so I wanted to Word not opening after PDF save see if there is any way I can retrieve the document first Things to consider the file is massive - MB which seems strange It is a newsletter style and does contain lots of images textboxes etc but all images have been processed first so they are only a small number of KB I m on MacOSX and the version of Word is Word ver I hope you can help - sorry if I m in the wrong place or the answer is already someplace else - I m new to techguy I haven t attached it but let me know if you need me to Unless MB is bigger than England itself Thanks Catherine nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Until today my computer running Windows XP Home Edition had two user accounts one for my mother Home User It Files", Them Indicated Didn't Account To Save XP Edition: "Save Deleted, titled quot Nancy Loury quot and one for me titled quot Kev quot However I found myself simply using my mothers more often and saw having two accounts when both of us really only use one as redundant So XP Home Edition: User Account Deleted, Indicated It To "Save Files", Didn't Save Them I decided to delete the Kev user account The account had all of my very important XP Home Edition: User Account Deleted, Indicated It To "Save Files", Didn't Save Them files in it under My Documents When I went to delete the account it of course asked me if I wanted to save the contents of the My Documents folder for the Kev account under a folder labeled quot Kev quot on the Nancy Loury user s desktop I of course did want to save them so I clicked quot Save Files quot the account was deleted and on the desktop is the file labeled quot Kev quot which according to the system should hold all the contents of the My Documents from the Kev account I clicked on the folder and to my horror I found that it was completely empty the system had not saved a single one of the files in My Documents like I had asked it too and like it said it would do Nothing is there I ve no idea why this happened all I know is I m extremely upset about this What do I do to recover the files from the now deleted My Documents nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-edition-user-account-deleted-indicated-it-to-save-files-didnt-save-them.667663/
Relevancy 49.45%

Can you put PS 3 save files into PC? Can you use ps 3 save game with PC? For example if you have wwe 2k15 on ps 3 and you have save files and you also have wwe 2k15 on pc, can you use ps 3 save files from wwe 2k15 with wwe 2k15 pc?

If yes how to do that?

A:Can you put PS 3 save files into PC? Can you use ps 3 save game with PC? For example

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/games/1136678-can-you-put-ps-3-a.html. Please do not create duplicate tickets for the same issue.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-put-ps-3-save-files-into-pc-can-you-use-ps-3-save-game-with-pc-for-example.1136679/
Relevancy 49.45%

Can you put PS 3 save files into PC? Can you use ps 3 save game with PC? For example if you have wwe 2k15 on ps 3 and you have save files and you also have wwe 2k15 on pc, can you use ps 3 save files from wwe 2k15 with wwe 2k15 pc?

If yes how to do that?

A:Can you put PS 3 save files into PC? Can you use ps 3 save game with PC? For example

Short answer- no.

they are completely different and cannot be swapped over. There is a long answer, but I think the short one will do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-put-ps-3-save-files-into-pc-can-you-use-ps-3-save-game-with-pc-for-example.1136678/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there Recently on my dads computer there have been some problems trying to open any internet browser The only one that responds with anything is Mozilla which flags an error saying ''Couldn't load XPCOM quot The others are completely unresponsive not opening not opening Internet or browsers responding or giving errors of any sort I've tried several things - it won't let me re uninstall Internet browsers not opening or responding anything like the browsers simply seeming as if I didn't even click it tried running as admin and the computer was even restored to a time before the error occurred to no avail The last thing updated was Skype if that helps The update Internet browsers not opening or responding and the first time the error started appearing happened to be on the same day Monday so I thought that might have something to do with it Additionally I can still access Skype and Steam so the internet seems to be fine No other computers in the household have the problem Any insight on or fix for the problem would be much appreciated Thanks in advance and if you need any additional information go for it

A:Internet browsers not opening or responding

What happens if you enter Safe mode and try to open them?

Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357888-internet-browsers-not-opening-responding.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I don t know if I have malware of spyware but I thought this would be a good place to start Many times after I IE then do Am opening not tell? how closing I infected, or responding. I ve started up my laptop I ve clicked on the IE icon on my desktop only to have it open briefly the close each time I IE opening then closing or not responding. Am I infected, how do I tell? then I go to the programs menu and click on IE there and it will work but sometimes it does the same thing Sometimes IE will open and all I get is a blank screen with quot connecting quot in the tab and the address to my home page in the address bar Other times I ll have to use the IE icon on the start menu and occasionally it behaves the same way Each time I m asked to send an quot Error Report quot which I do and then another asks me if I would like to see more details When I go to the link a microsoft website it informs me that I may have malware spyware or a virus It further states that it could be the IE add-ons causing the problem Basically nothing of value I can use to determine what the cause is I have CA anti-virus and have run a full scan and only found tracking cookies I removed them I am uncertain if this is malware virus or hijack and have no idea where to start or how to proceed Will you please help me get started on this to determine if there is a problem and what I need to do once that has been established

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373763/ie-opening-then-closing-or-not-responding-am-i-infected-how-do-i-tell/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All I've never experienced this before days ago I started noticing Chrome was not right Every time I tried to switch between the tabs the tab I clicked on to open would disappear I thought it was a to mouse, not Icons opening. not responding Chrome issue so reinstalled Chrome Icons not responding to mouse, not opening. same problem I then noticed it on Firefox as well Icons not responding to mouse, not opening. I also then noticed icons on my desktop would not open and I Icons not responding to mouse, not opening. couldn't access the start menu However when I press control alt delete and click Start Task Manager it resolves itself for a few minutes but then the problem is back I don't do anything on start task manager all i do is click into it A similar issue I'm also having is I can't get the x to work on a window to close the window and the start menu not working I've just tried booting in safe mode and there are still issues with windows not closing when I click on x I've not made any changes to my laptop or added new software for a good few weeks So today I decided to use the instant reset button on my Lenovo laptop to take it back to original factory settings I backed up all my data To my horror even when I put the laptop back to original settings the problem persists I must admit I did use a Windows tweaking tool but this was months back Since being on this forum I've learned this is a not a good idea if you don't know what you're doing However months approx have passed since I tweaked with no issues This is the tweeking software I used http www tweaking com content page simple system tweaker html I'm even having the same issue when I boot in safe mode So considering there are even issues in safe mode and restoring the laptop to factory settings hasn't helped am I screwed here There is nothing wrong my mouse have tested it on a different laptop EDIT I also noticed I can't drag documents on my desk top to new folders on my desktop

A:Icons not responding to mouse, not opening.

Is your mouse pad behaving in precisely the same way as the external mouse?   That would be the first thing I'd check.

Restoring to factory settings should have taken the machine back to "out of the box" status as far as Windows goes, down to making you re-create accounts, etc., and wiping out any changes you ever made.

This is a tough one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599241/icons-not-responding-to-mouse-not-opening/
Relevancy 49.02%

View attachment log 1.txt

Hi,
I am having the following problems:

First I have Itunes on my computer. It had been working fine. Now all of a sudden I can't get it to launch. I've tried to remove it and reinstall it but nothing is working.

The second problem is that when I try to shut down my computer I get the window pop up saying program not responding and it asks it I want to end now. If I end now then it will shut down.

I've run an AVG virus scan and there were no viruses but I got an error in reading Boot drive c and a partition drive??

I have done a spyware blaster as well and nothing came up.

I have the hijack this log and I'll paste here.

Thanks for any assistance.
beaches

A:Program not responding and Itunes not opening

The hijack this file didn't get attached.
Here it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-not-responding-and-itunes-not-opening.504373/
Relevancy 49.02%

I need some help... Some virus ****** up my pc, and i cant even turn it on. As soon as i turn it on i get a bsod.. If u need i can tell u what the bsod says, but icbf now since im writing from my cekphone so it takes long. How can i fix ittt.... If the only way is to reinstall windows, is there ANY way i can save my data. I got some really important documents there. Please help asap.

Thanks

A:Any way to save my data?

Bump?
Also i forgot to mention that i tried safe mode, but i cant get into save m, because f8 never worked for this pc... I had to do it from msconfig, but now i cant even do that because nnw i cant turn it on at all. Boot screen just freezes..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-save-my-data-421987.html
Relevancy 49.02%

so howdy all I first wish to my PLEASE can I HELP! data? save say I must apoligize if my post is in the wrong place or if it has already been posted I beg can I save my data? PLEASE HELP! you fine people to be patient I have a dell dimensions running xp home can I save my data? PLEASE HELP! the comp has passed through several hands and is FULL of malware and viruses I was unaware of noob as of right now every five minutes fatal error messages and the like are popping up a visitor here last night went somewhere and now my comp is threating to crash I have had the comp for two months and I have recieved a huge education in it s operation by just searching it and the internet how I found you however the simplest things elude me just learned to copy and paste LOL MY PROBLEM I have found the dell hard to navigate in two months I could not find how to back up my files and now that may not be an option DLL exe and all other pertianat files are damaged beyond repair my guess cannot do system restore if the comp loses power I have to reboot times to get my desktop hours last time I have ultra low cash dumping a ton of cash or even a dime at the moment is not a option I have a ME OS disk I tried to load it with a partition and migrate the files I wish to save no luck I tried to load it over the xp home and keep programs setting and documents but couldent was told it could be done tried to add a second hard drive from another comp and migrate the data to be saved to the second hard drive so I could wipe the primary if both are connected it reads no hard drives detected diagnostics state fail return code when the second drive is connected alone tried to mail files to e-mail account no luck lol tried system recovery disk and can t find the location tried to write files to disk and floppy but the disks are too small plus I am not sure if I can do it without missing key info the files I wish to save are my pictures all my music all and a game file AA the game not so important the music and pictures are in most cases ireplacable and took countless hours to accumulate all I want to do is back up the files and wipe the hard drive and reinstall the files sounds simple eh well not so for me if the comp crashes I lose it all right now a key stroke takes a second or two to register if anyone can help me I would be the happiest guy in the world but remember I am quite nieve to comp operation binary is not in my vocabulary lol and so if you need more info please tell me and THANK YOU VERY MUCH nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Help please,i have done my first system backup in windows7 i used 6 disks,my question to you is should i do a system image ,will this save me DVDs at the moment my PC want to do a backup each month i have to change the settings ,im googling this at the moment.What is the best way to save my data so i can use it if need be,and do i need to do a backup each month.
Cheers Rob

A:What is the best way to save my data?

You don't want to use DVDs for backups. They will ne unmangeable and it will be expensive in the long run. Use an external disk of 500GB or more.

The system you should image - I do that 2 or 3 times per week. Data belongs on a seperate data partition. There you have several options. Imaging is one, but sync is faster. The frequency depends on the rythm of change.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/277284-what-best-way-save-my-data.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My win in on an SSD My HDD for data had been working fine for years After win had frozen I pressed the reset button When the maching was booting it took I HDD or Data? Can save my a very long time at quot Detect IDE drives quot In Windows Disk Management could NOT detect my HDD I thought that my HDD had crashed But the BIOS CAN see the HDD What's more when I booted from MiniTool Partition Wizard bootable cd the software could see my HDD partitions and when I clicked on a partition and selected Explore How to Explore Partition MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial I saw my files But when I tried to Copy a partition How to Copy Partition MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial from the HDD to the SSD it has unallocated space the process stoped at I Can I save my HDD or Data? waited for ' clicked Cancel nothing happened and I pressed reset How can I copy the partition successfully from the HDD Should I wait more time How much Do you think my HDD is health enough to read the data How can I read the data Thanks

A:Can I save my HDD or Data?

I repeated the copy partition process. It went quickly to 23% and then it stopped. The common thing with the first try was that the copy partition bar and the copy data bar were at 46% and 7% respectively:

I ran a surface test with the same tool. It stopped at a disk block for some minutes and it marked the next 2 blocks as errors. And then, 1 more:

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378486-can-i-save-my-hdd-data.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem. Everytime I log off my computer and log back on, It never saves the downloads and stuff I did. It logs on to a older day or state it was in. All the new stuff I did on it wont automaticly save when I log off. What am I doing worng how can I save my data so whn I log back on it will be there???

A:how do I save my data when I log off help plz

Sounds like someone has set up some virtual environment. Do you have DeepFreeze, or use Sandbox IE, Acronis "Try&Decide", or something similar?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-save-my-data-when-i-log-off-help-plz.743107/
Relevancy 49.02%

A friend wants me to save the data from an old IDE hd...so I have plugged it into my windows 7 computer with an external USB system. The drive powers up but Computer does not see it. So I go into drive management and I was look for it when I found it it says I must initialize the drive before windows will recognize it. The problem is I am trying to save the data and I am sure this will format over it.

Any suggestions on how I can get to this data. According to my friend the drive as fine before he just got a new computer a couple of yrs ago and pulled out his drive to keep it and get to the data sometime later. Well later has come and I am trying to get to that data?

A:Trying to save data from Old HD

Hello

Is that an enclosure External HDD you use? That suppose to work well at any variants of Windows operating system in order to retrieve those files.

Make sure the cables are not malfunction in order to access the old HDD. Try on other computers if you can access it.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/trying-to-save-data-from-old-hd.40163/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I try to open IE11 a dialogue box pops up asking if I want to save the web page. When I click it or cancel it IE closes. This also happens in other programs such as Foxit Reader but I can still access the program after I close the boxes. One program (H&R Blck Tax 2014) pops up the box and I save or cancel and the program stays open but the page is blank. I've tried all flavors of fixes I know and then some. Anybody have some ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks
Salt

A:IE11 wants to save web page instead of opening it.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
First thought would be to use the link and exe file type restore reg files see what happens,
Default File Type Associations - Restore

You might need to do this using clean boot or safe mode with networking to download the reg files ?
Use Clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html

Safe mode with networking,
Shut down your machine, Unplug-Hold the power button down for 30/45 seconds (Power Drain)
Power up and Tap the F8 key continuously until you see a black page with white text,
Use the down arrow key to toggle to safe mode with networking/ hit the enter key.
Login as usual
Other advanced methods,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/69585-safe-mode.html
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/357897-ie11-wants-save-web-page-instead-opening.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I saved an online receipt using the firefox "save page as" feature. I have both the html icon and the file folder containing the elements. They are in the same location, my desktop. Yet, for some reason when I click on the html icon, all i get is a blank page. Can someone help me retrieve this, please. I critically need this receipt. Thanks.

A:Help opening "save page as file"

I got it resolved. In case anyone else runs into this, here's what I did. I went to firefox and installed ieview addon, then opened the receipt in ieview after it came up empty in Firefox.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463223/help-opening-save-page-as-file/
Relevancy 49.02%

When I try to open a pdf on a website or sent to me by email Adobe opens and prompts me to save the file - how can I get round this so I can read it and/or print it without having to save it then reopen it?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2014 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 217999 MB, Free - 140642 MB; D: Total - 20471 MB, Free - 18162 MB;
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group, GF7025-M2
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-wants-to-save-file-instead-of-opening-it.1079536/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have read numerous posts on how to fix this problem and none of them seem to work. I have tried deleting the upper and lower registry files. Removing and plugging it back in. I even tried restoring my computer to Factory settings and the drive still wont work. The only time it get any signal out of it is when i first turn my computer on during the 1st initial loading screen then nothing after the screen is gone.

Andrew

Dell XPS M1210 Windows Vista 32-Bit

A:DVD/CD Drive not opening/responding in Windows Vista

Have you tried putting another drive in the PC? It may be that the drive is bad. If the other drive does the same thing your PSU may be going out and is not strong enough to support it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-cd-drive-not-opening-responding-in-windows-vista.845852/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone I have a problem Discs when Explorer Windows not opening responding that I simply cannot figure out how to solve by myself I make videos on a daily basis and because of this I cannot keep videos on my computer So for years I have always just taken one day to put all of my published finalized videos onto discs With this method I Windows Explorer not responding when opening Discs never had a problem Recently though I had got new Windows Explorer not responding when opening Discs discs and a problem developed The discs I was using and had no problems with were Maxell DVD-Rs I would format Windows Explorer not responding when opening Discs the disc and then drag and drop what videos of mine I wanted on it After I ran out of the Maxells I had got a stack of Polaroid DVD-Rs Like before I formatted dragged and dropped and it would show the status of the transfer only with these new discs in the middle of the process Windows Explorer stops responding and I have to restart it After it restarts my windows that were open for transferring files to the disc are no longer opened So I dont know what made it on the disc or if they are even complete because opening the disc to check makes Win Explorer act up again Now around this time my disc drive was also acting up I had replaced a belt because it no longer wanted to open and it sounded like the motors bearings were shot Then it finally just quit working Thinking that the drive may have been the root of this problem all along I got a brand new disc drive After installing it and attempting to put my videos on the Polaroids discs again Windows Explorer stopped responding again At this point I thought maybe it was the Polaroid discs SO I went and bought the exact discs I used when everything was working fine but now even with the Maxells like I used before Windows Explorer still stops responding when I attempt to put files on discs Since having this issue I have tried disabling my virus malware programs but the problem still occurs I did sfc scannow and it found nothing wrong I have also taken the discs that I have attempted to burn files to and tried opening them on another computer The other computer opens them fine but no files appear on the disc Apparently when windows explorer stops responding it also doesn't finish the burning process and leaves the disc unusable It has ruined so far Here is a short video showing my problem http www youtube com watch v fo dw ature youtu be My PC is a Dell Studio Slim s GB of RAM Vista Home Premium The error that I get with Windows Explorer is this quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp e a e Fault Module Name StackHash ea b Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Offset Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information ea b Additional Information d c c eb c caf f Additional Information ea b Additional Information d c c eb c caf f quot Any help with this would truly be appreciated My video files are adding up and they have nowhere's to go Any questions please ask away

A:Windows Explorer not responding when opening Discs

Are these files copyright protected?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299325-windows-explorer-not-responding-when-opening-discs.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Same problem with my computer.... I ran the hitman pro tool, same problem manually tried to correct, following above instructions  - same problem Here's problem..... I am connected to the internet.  But when I open a browser, I get following message: The proxy server isn't responding (followed by "check your proxy settings........") Every time I try to correct, it loops back and resets itself. I did notice when trying to manually correct that in the Registry Editor there is a "ProxyOverride  Type=REG_SZ  Data=<-loopback>"  and wondering if I should delete the ProxyOverride ???

A:The proxy server isn't responding when opening browser

You have posted in the Am I Infected forum, so let's run some scans and see what pops up. Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  After clicking on the link the download will start automatically. 1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation. 2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan. If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan  You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.   3)  The scan will automatically run now.   4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions   5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes   6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log. To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop. To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.  Please run AdwCleaner Please download AdwCleaner and install it. When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan to start the scan. Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.   Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.   You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process. When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.  Please run TDSSKiller. Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop. 1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.  2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system. If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.  3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.  4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed. ***Do NOT select Delete! Click on Continue.  5.  Click on Reboot computer. Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply. Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***Click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.The ESET Online Scanner page will open, click on Yes, I agree to the trems of use, then click on Start, the scan will now begine.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept an... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557607/the-proxy-server-isnt-responding-when-opening-browser/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there via windows explorer not responding [SOLVED] opening One of our computers is having issues opening any files via Windows Explorer Any time the user [SOLVED] opening via windows explorer not responding attempts to open a file it doesn't do anything and when she goes to Task Manager Windows Explorer is Not Responding When attepting to open the files directly in the program e g Word via the file -- gt open command it opens fine I've run a virus scan AVG as well as a spyware check spybot And have also used Windows onecare registry cleaner Additionally I have searched on google and tried doing some of the things in troubleshooting articles I have found including downloading ShelExView and disabling all but Microsoft shell extensions with no luck Another random when trying to shut down the computer now we get quot End Program - Sample quot which has to be forced to shut down But I can't see any programs or services that would be doing this I've used msconfig to disable all bar the necessary programs from launching on start-up The computer is running XP with SP Does anyone have any ideas This is driving me nuts Thanks in advance Averil

A:[SOLVED] opening via windows explorer not responding

any files?
heres something you could try;
1) right click a file and click open with... and try open it that way (tell me what it does, just for observations sakes)
2) go into ( i cant remeber the accuracy of the names i use so sorry if they dont correspond to XP) tools->folder options->click on the file types tab-> find a file extension that isnt working(e.g. .doc), click on the .doc extension, click the advanced button, see what entries are under the menu(open, etc) if open is there then see what the properties for that entry are (e.g. usually it will be something like "action: .../msword.exe %1" or something like that....

it sounds like it could be something playing with your filetypes and thats why i question this, if not then maybe a hijackthis log in the appropriate forum would give you more help?

hope i helped,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-opening-via-windows-explorer-not-responding-242588.html
Relevancy 48.59%

It happens pretty consistently, especially after doing one task for an extended while, like having firefox open for an hour or two, then trying to suddenly open My Computer either through the start menu or by using the shortcut to it on my task bar.

Explorer hangs for a long time, and ctrl-alt-del won't work. Eventually I either have to restart, log out, or wait for it to realize it's not responding.

Any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-stops-responding-after-opening-my-computer.667549/
Relevancy 48.59%

Finished installing a Windows update and rebooted my server. Now IE8 opens, but the home page does not come up and I can't navigate anywhere. Programs either will not open or will open and lock up. This server is just a file server with a shared "D" drive (which is still working) and a print server. I've run Malwarebytes and it didn't find anything. Memory usage is extremely low in the task manager (2-300MB). I've got an ancient version of NAV CE on it that is probably doing no good. What steps do I need to take to repair this problem?

A:Windows SBS2003 not responding. Programs not opening.

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396341/windows-sbs2003-not-responding-programs-not-opening/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I would really like some help to solve the problem I am having. Whenever I open a program or file, it will almost ALWAYS stop responding for about 5-10 seconds, then work fine for a small amount of time, then go back to not responding again when i click something. This has been happening for about a week now, and I have already ran multiple virus and malware scans on my computer, like Avast Antivirus, MalwareBytes, and Windows Defender. I would really like someone to help me solve this problem, because my PC is just becoming more and more unusable . I have a Windows 8.1 64-bit PC with Intel quad 1.7 Ghz processor and 6 Gb of RAM.

A:Computer constantly not responding when opening programs

Have you tried and/or looked at any of the following?

Number of programs in Start-Up list
How much memory is in use
Check fragmentation % of your HD
Deleted temp files and/or internet files
Run some basic diagnostics like sfc /scannow

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66599-computer-constantly-not-responding-when-opening-programs.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I made a topic quite a long time ago, with little response from this community.. I've decided to download desktop recording software and take a video clip of the error..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy397wnN4HM

I've tried downloading recommended updates from Windows, I've tried repairing the installation, I've tried reinstalling Office 2007, I've tried repairing the program internally, I've tried many other solutions, with no progression.

Any help towards a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2007-stops-responding-everytime-i-try-to-save-open-documents.766035/
Relevancy 48.59%

hopefully i can say this clearly enough the hd from an old computer was removed and i want to take the mp s from it and transfer them on to the new computer s hd the old hd has an OS windows on it the new hd is running Win XP the old hd is set to slave and is reckognized by WinXP disk management says that it is both healthy and active however it it save some an accessing data HD to OS on old with old has not been assigned a drive letter the only available right click options for it are delete partition and help this old hd is fat and the new one is NTFS quot so i have no apparent way to access accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data the old hd in order to transfer the mp s on to the new hd of course there are obvious methods to accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data get around the issue but i accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data am interested in knowing if there is a way to attack this thing head on ----------------------- perhaps the following has a similar solution i have a sata hd i disable it and proceed to hot unplug it then i plug it back in how do i then ENable it you see if i don t disable it and remove it then plug it back in it works fine i just happened to read that cached data could be lost if you don t disable it st btw i am still a bit paranoid about the whole proceedure so if anyone does this frequently without a drive bay i d love to know about it thank you for your help nbsp

A:accessing old HD with an old OS on it to save some data

got to setting/control panel/administrave tool /computer management
disk management see if it shows up here, if so,right click on the drive box, assign a drive letter
if that does not get it
try a disk management utility trial version see if it will assign a letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-old-hd-with-an-old-os-on-it-to-save-some-data.41053/
Relevancy 48.59%

One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used.
Windows will not complete a format of it.
Shows up in my computer.
Is there any way of saving this drive?

A:Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
diskpartlist disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW driveselect disk # ======> is the number in step 2cleanexit
Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/32601-save-raw-drive-dont-want-data.html
Relevancy 48.59%

attempt to save file incomplete. file, whether htm or mht is red boxed. cllicking on show picture in context menu doesn't help. please advise.

A:data missing on save

My guess is that the pages you're saving are getting some, or all of their graphics from another site. When that's the case, that graphic will be replaced with a red x when you save the page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-missing-on-save.251553/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

My Inspiron 5150( Windows XP) laptop Hard drive stop functioning and what I would like to do is transfer the data to my HP desktop(Windows 7). I read somewhere that if I buy an 2.5" USB Hard Drive Enclosure and a software to get the data back, that would do the trick. Please advice me as to the best way to go about this. I am not an expert on computers but can follow instructions.

Thank You

A:Corrupt HD need to save data

an 2.5" USB Hard Drive Enclosure and a software to get the data back, Click to expand...

you dont need software - should just be able to attach the Now USB drive to a PC and access like an external drive - you may have some access denied issues

BUT

you could try
UBUNTU
It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware and also see if you can see the Harddrive and possibly get data off.

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

YOu can also run from a USB device now - if the Machine supports booting off a USB Stick
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC &#8211; remember where you saved it &#8211; so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
2) Install ubuntu
3) Check CD for defects
4) Test memory
5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

You may see your Harddrive on the desktop - if not have in look in the places on the tool bar at the top of the screen.

If you can see your harddrive &#8211; see if you can find the your datafiles &#8211;
XP look in &#8220;documents and settings&#8221; under the user name you had on the PC
Vista/Windows 7 look in &#8220;user&#8221; under the user name you had on the PC

Now if you have a USB flash drive or external harddrive &#8211; you should be able to copy your data from the harddrive onto the USB device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-hd-need-to-save-data.958475/
Relevancy 48.59%

I use a Dell laptop running Windows XP and IE 7. When I start to type a user ID into a form box, I am given options of previously used IDs. There is one I do not recognize. How do I find out what website that ID was used for? Help topics explain several ways to delete ALL of the saved form data, but gives no way to see which ID is connected to what site.
Thanks for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-forms.904308/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi all,

have a new HD on which I will install win7 home prem full version. The previous HD with vista and programs and data will become a 2nd HD on which I want to save data.
should I reformat that 2nd HD to clean it off or keep vista on it? Also how will I tell win7 to save data on the 2nd HD instead of the first HD? link to tutorials? search didnt find anything specific tho I might not have used the rights search terms.

From what I read I unplug the current HD, install new HD, boot to that n install win7.
the vista HD will show up as the 2nd HD...yes?

thanks,

Msongs

A:win7 on new HD and save data to 2nd HD?

Yeah, I'd unplug the existing drive and then boot from the Win 7 install disc.

You tell Win 7 to save data on a particular drive by choosing that drive when you save a file.

Have you considered dividing your new disc into C for Win 7 and D for data, and then using the old drive as a backup disc for data?

Eventually, reformat the Vista disc, but you don't have to until you decide everything is cool with Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/38338-win7-new-hd-save-data-2nd-hd.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello again, everyone:

Question: How do I save data files to a blank CD? Second question, if the blank CD holds 700mg. can I continue adding files to it (at different times) until the blank CD is filled to capacity?

I asked this question a couple of days ago, but I only got one reply, but it did not answer the question I am trying to find out "How do I save data-files to a blank CD. Anyone out there who can help, I sure would appreciate it if you can give me some specific info on how to do it. Also, would appreciate it if you can answer question #2 (above).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Respectfully,

Malibu 7

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I am running Windows Pro and have just installed an gb SSD and also have a tb HDD I have put the OS and various programs onto the SDD I want to be able to have all data for all users pointed to save onto the HDD I will then get a tb USB HDD to back up the tb HDD - next step I am getting very confused about how to make sure all documents pictures music videos automatically get saved onto the how data , on for to to set installed up HDD New SSD save HDD rather than defaulting to the SSD I also have user accounts for the family and I ideally want all photos videos music but not documents in just one location so I end up with don't multiple copies of the same files saved by each user they should all be access the same files Can someone point me to some simple instructions I can follow to make this happen I browsed the tutorials but could not find what I needed sorry if it exists and I missed it Thanks Tony

A:New SSD installed , how to set up for data to save on HDD

I did the same, I just moved the user folders I wanted to move over to my hard drive and off the SSD that my OS is on.

I believe this is what you are looking for:

User Folders - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Help Forums

Look at option 2 as I believe that is what you want to do - just move the user folders rather than the whole profile...

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/38478-new-ssd-installed-how-set-up-data-save-hdd.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Any data save in the desktop or apllication instal in "c " drive .Next restart it will disappear without application software.It working same as defreeze.

Relevancy 48.59%

For some reason my hDD on a USB 3.0 hub's partition info is now RAW and when I plug in the drive windows says I need to format it.
Ive ran the program Active Partition Recovery and the file systems are RAW, within the "tree" of the program I CAN navigate through the folders and find all my data - I just cant save it using that program. So the data is still there I just need an easy program to get it. Ive tried Easus to get it but fails. I believe there's a CRC error on the drive but cant check it with CHKDSK as "the drive is not recognised".
Any help?

A:HDD is now in RAW format - help to save data

Try MiniTool Power Data Recovery 6.6 How to recover data from RAW hard drive?

It is free for home users. Follow the instructions in the web page to get it free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234727-hdd-now-raw-format-help-save-data.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I want to restrict my users in a peer to peer network that they will not save any data on desktop.
How can i do this? I have rights of Administrator on this network.

A:not want to save data on Desktop

Can anybody tell me please whether its possible that users of PC can not save their document on desktop? Can administrator have the rights to lock the desktop for saving data in peer to peer network?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388330-not-want-save-data-desktop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I can save photos to CD drive but when I try to save data I get the following message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer BAD Pool Header If this is save on data disk Can't first time you ve seen the error screen restart your Can't save data on disk computer If this screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any update you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS Memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components press F to select Advanced Startup options and then select safe mode Tech Information Stop X OX X F DOD OX F DOFO OX A Spent two hours on phone with Dell Tech Support on Saturday and problem was not solved Went to System Restore several times nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-save-data-on-disk.828125/
Relevancy 48.59%

Save data from laptop HD?

The data on a desktop computer can be saved if the HD is still ok and can be "slaved" to another computer.

Can I do that w/ a laptop HD that won't completly bootup?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Everyone,
A few month's ago my old laptop gave up the ghost and so I asked the local computer geek to take out the hard drive and memory sticks. I thought that was how to save all my "stuff", and he tech did not say otherwise, so I hope I did the right thing?
Anyway, while I wait until I can afford to get a new laptop.......here is my question:...Can I go to a computer store and have all that data put on a CD? Then when I get my laptop I can just transfer the data?
Thank you.t

A:How do I save data from old laptop?

Yes. But it will be cheaper to do it yourself with one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G/ref=pd_cp_e_1
http://www.amazon.com/IDE-SATA-USB-Cable-Adapter/dp/B000YJBL78

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-save-data-from-old-laptop.175873/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi This is my first time using any type of forum so please be gentle in extensions keeps opening Save chrome adware Go My Windows pc has become infected with go save adware that i now cannot remove I think it came from a program i have downloaded for free which i have now deleted Go Save adware keeps opening in chrome extensions and will pay for when i get it again Go Save adware keeps opening in chrome extensions after i'm fixed Lesson learned The adware only appears in google chrome as an extension but if i remove and reset my browser settings it just comes back This may not have been a good idea now after reading up Go Save adware keeps opening in chrome extensions but i did find some other hidden go save files all over the place that i have deleted but a lot of them just seem to re appear Hopefully i have not messed up to bad by deleting these files My pc appears to still be running fine I can not find any trace of suspicious programs in the uninstall menu I have run Malware bytes which comes back clean as well as my antivirus My pc is less than months old please let me know what info specs you may require and i will provide as soon as i can I am at work at the moment and will not be home to my computer for hours I will try to answer any questions i can but i cannot access my pc until i get home Thank you for any help Dave

A:Go Save adware keeps opening in chrome extensions

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551998/go-save-adware-keeps-opening-in-chrome-extensions/
Relevancy 48.59%

how to save edge window size when opening
I like Edge but I don't like to have to re-size it everytime I open it the first time.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438582-how-save-edge-window-size-when-opening.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hiya

The Microsoft Data Analyzer design and create data cubes article sample files provides sample source data for creating data cubes from text files. Use this file in conjunction with the article Design and Create Data Cubes from Text Files.

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/daCubePrinciples.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/downloa...seID=43350&area=search&ordinal=12&redirect=no

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-analyzer-3-5-design-and-create-data-cubes-sample-files.97614/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I hope this is the right place to post this topic if not im sorry Two nights ago i was using my laptop which im using now to copy some audio books onto iTunes and then to play starcraft at that point everything was fine and i couldn t find any CD's recognised/responding not Data/Audio problems Yesterday when i tried to resume my game which requires the disc i put the disc in the drive but it didnt recognize it it would start to spin but then a buzzing crunching noise would sound rythmicaly and seem to interupt the spinning of the disc In the case of the starcraft disk it brings up the usual Starcraft is unable Data/Audio CD's not recognised/responding to read a required file Your Starcraft CD may not be in the CDROM drive Please ensure that the Starcraft disc is in the CDROM drive and press OK To leave the program press Exit If i click Ok then the Data/Audio CD's not recognised/responding drive will continue to buzz and whirr for a few minutes and repeat the error indefinately I tried several different game CD s Audio CD s with the same outcome alot of buzzing crunching and whirring but no progress I can however play my limited collection of DVD s which makes little sence to me on WMP I would do a back up but the backups i have are about months old now and i stoped doing them because i ran out of disc s and i couldnt afford to spend any cash on disc s instead of books and equipment college I can still preform one i think but anything that can be done to solve the problem without doing that would be great i feel like an idiot for not backing up All i can think is that in the space of hours Data/Audio CD's not recognised/responding my computer has lost all ability to read CD s and can only read DVD s If i had any of the recent PC games i would try them out since they use DVD disc s instead of CD s but i dont I dont know what else to give you other than -Windows Vista HP -Dell Inspiron Defult Model the drive in question HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N ATA Device if that helps also i updated the driver and tried again but it told me i have the most up to date driver it can find Any help would be appreciated Axel nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-audio-cds-not-recognised-responding.889925/
Relevancy 48.16%

Plsssss help! My IE is freezing when i try to open sites, click on links etc..not responding. Have to Alt,Ctrl del to close then they just freeze, then get error message as below and a pop up asking me to send error report or choose not to send error report when i send report (i guess to microsoft) it then lets you see the details od the error, and this is it below:

szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 7.0.6000.16608 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-on-opening-websites-in-explorer-says-not-responding-then-freezes-on-xp.688194/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All

I just scanned my computer with anti virus and activated microsoft forefront client security. Since then internet explorer not functioning. I have IE8 installed. When default setting is blank pager, IE opens. Then if click on any website it opens front page and hangs up. Eg: yahoomail opens signing in page and when i enter user name and password it hangs up. Surprisingly google page not responding and hangs up directly. I have scanned my laptop with symantec antivirus and Malawrebytes anti malaware. No luck. Please help.

A:Internet Explorer8 Not responding after opening first page of website

Go to Control Panel and open Internet Options then click the programs tab and click manage Addons, then disable all of them and see if IE will start ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/213364-internet-explorer8-not-responding-after-opening-first-page-website.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have many Access adp apps that are front ends to Sql Server and databases They are form based applications I recently got a new Vista bit machine and installed Office When I open any Access adp Access show Not Responding and nevers opens the initial form If I open the same adp with the Shift Key down so the initial form doesn t automatically open then it loads the adp At this point I can double click the initial form and it will run most of the time but some times it still shows Not Responding and never comes up This also happens with very a simple mdb app linked to tables in another mdb I always separate the app from the data in mdbs When I open with the Shift Key I open the form successfully I even converted the adp to an accdb s version and get the same Not Responding problem I can t find anything on this on the web Anyone out there seen this Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Access 2007 opening 2003 adp hangs with Not Responding

It sounds like the form or it's VBA was Corrupted during the opening (and Conversion) by 2007. This has appeared on this forum a few times before. I think that the only thing that you can do is Convert the Database to Access 2007 and then Re-create the problem form.
You could also try opening a blank Access 2007 database, import everything form the problem database in to the new one, save it, close it and then Compact & Restore it.
But I wouldn't hold your breath while you are doing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-opening-2003-adp-hangs-with-not-responding.847002/
Relevancy 48.16%

Good morning Equipment by submitting the following Previous boot slow at Slowness opening and startup (not responding) folders was passed for s s In the opening of folders is delayed and usually the message not responding OBS We use the most different cleaning software Adwcleaner TDSskiler RKil Eset scanner Kaspersky Removal Combofix The Combofix only works in safe mode In normal mode is in step hours With FRST initially used to identify possible atention We use the software on opportunities and in all of them even using the tools mentioned above there was no change in the log Addition where they appear in the association Exe whitelisted items requiring Attention Remember that we made use of NTREGOPT Slowness at startup and slow opening folders (not responding) at the time that the equipment was working quickly and with the boot s Slowness at startup and slow opening folders not responding How we test the restore point and was not successful we chose not to do it again and rather seek help in this forum as the learning objective I love the technology and the facilities they create in Thanks for your attention DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Dell at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Basic GMT - AV COMODO Antivirus Enabled Updated B CC D -B -E DC- -DD BCDC C SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP COMODO Antivirus Enabled Updated C D - D-EE - A -E A FW COMODO Firewall Enabled F F -FE -E - B C- A E FB Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C Program Files x HitmanPro Alert hmpalert exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Prey platform windows cronsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare Monitor exe C Program Files x EaseUS Todo Backup bin Agent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x Motorola Mobility Motorola Device Manager MotoHelperService exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Motorola MotForwardDaemon ForwardDaemon exe C Program Files x Motorola Mobility Motorola Device Manager MotoHelperAgent exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows System vds exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cistray exe C Program Files x BillP Studios WinPatrol WinPatrol exe C Windows system RunDll exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE C Program Files x KeyScrambler KeyScrambler exe C Program Files x KeyScrambler x KeyScrambler exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cis exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA GbPlugin GbpS... Read more

A:Slowness at startup and slow opening folders (not responding)

We had to reduce the size of the content due to host error between Miami and site Bleeping.com ???

1. FRST 64 txt log:

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 05-05-2014
Ran by Dell (administrator) on DELL-PC on 06-05-2014 07:55:09
Running from C:\Users\Dell\Desktop
Windows 7 Home Basic Service Pack 1 (X64) OS Language: Portuguese Brazilian
Internet Explorer Version 11
Boot Mode: Normal

The only official download link for FRST:
Download link for 32-Bit version: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/ 
Download link for 64-Bit Version: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/82/ 
Download link from any site other than Bleeping Computer is unpermitted or outdated.
See tutorial for FRST: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Processes (Whitelisted) =================

(IObit) C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7\ASCService.exe
(SurfRight B.V.) C:\Program Files (x86)\HitmanPro.Alert\hmpalert.exe
(COMODO) C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
(IDT, Inc.) C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\stacsv64.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\wlanext.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\AutoUpdate\SkypeC2CAutoUpdateSvc.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\PNRSvc\SkypeC2CPNRSvc.exe
(Fork Ltd.) C:\Prey\platform\windows\cronsvc.exe
(IObit) C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7\Monitor.exe
(CHENGDU YIWO Tech Development Co., Ltd) C:\Program Files (x86)\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\Agent.exe
(Malwarebytes Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
(Malwarebytes Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
(Motorola Mobility LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola Mobility\Motorola Device Manager\MotoHelperService.exe
(Malwarebytes Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
(Motorola) C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\MotForwardDaemon\ForwardDaemon.exe
(Motorola Mobility LLC) C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola Mobility\Motorola Device Manager\MotoHelperAgent.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftvsa.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftlist.exe
(Microsoft Corporation) C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe
(Synaptics Incorporated) C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
(COMODO) C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cistray.exe
(BillP Studios) C:\Program Files (x86)\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
(Synaptics Incorporated) C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
(QFX Software Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\KeyScrambler\KeyScrambler.exe
(QFX Software Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\KeyScrambler\x64\KeyScrambler.exe
(COMODO) C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cis.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\LMS\LMS.exe
(GAS Tecnologia) C:\Program Files (x86)\GbPlugin\gbpsv.exe
(Intel Corporation) C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\UNS\UNS.exe
(Safer-Networking Ltd.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDWelcome.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
(Google Inc.) C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chro... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533457/slowness-at-startup-and-slow-opening-folders-not-responding/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been having a problem recently that is really starting to frustrate me Originally More Window One Than When Crashes/stops Opening Internet Responding I could open up internet explorer IE and it would open ok but whenever I tried to open another Internet Crashes/stops Responding When Opening More Than One Window window the second Internet Crashes/stops Responding When Opening More Than One Window window would crash and not respond I could close that window and the original would still be working ok though So basically I could only have one internet window open at a time same problem if I tried using tabs instead of windows Not a major major problem but annoying and cutting down on my multitasking Now it has gotten to where I can barely get one window open If it opens ok then I can get maybe three pages into it and then it freezes and doesn't respond and I have to close out of it I had thought that it was a problem with my McAfee as it had expired and I was waiting for my new one in the mail but once I installed the new McAfee and ran a full scan it is still doing it and nothing came up bad I tried upgrading to IE and the internet wouldn't even load so I had to remove it and go back to IE It's not the internet connection because I have another computer running on my home network that is working just fine I am at wits end here and I am ready to chuck the computer out the door Everything else is working fine on the computer except for the internet Any help would be awesome

A:Internet Crashes/stops Responding When Opening More Than One Window

I just had that problem! go to control panel and add/remove programs. Look at all the things u downloaded and no longer used, delete the stuff u no longer use that didnt come with the computer. Also, if that doesn't work, try tabbing if u can.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136025/internet-crashesstops-responding-when-opening-more-than-one-window/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I've got a problem with WD Sync software lately. It was working very well before but these last times it doesn't save some of the files. When I click on file after synchronization it says "WD Sync couldn't save your data". It doesn't save only some of the files (it can be any type of file like text files or image files). There's no logic in what kind of file it wouldn't save. It can be the same file 2 times in a row or it can be a different one.

Do you have an idea of what the problem might be? My WD Sync has been updated to the last version.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wd-sync-couldnt-save-your-data.681758/
Relevancy 47.73%

two questions really, a friend has a dell 2100 dimension with xp home, and it crashed, corrupted files cant be repaired. Q:can I save and copy files and documents in safe mode? and if so how do i get to safe mode?

A:save data in safe mode

Have you tried a repair install which would leave all files and folders in tact ? This shows the exact route but you must be careful to follow the exact route and not to format or delete the pertition .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-in-safe-mode.184925/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

After resizing my C: partition, I have been unable to boot to win 7. I have tried every fix I could find, but to no avail. "Starting Windows" screen appears, then BSOD. Through Linux, I am able to see that the files and such are still all there, but since I can't fix the partition I'm going to clean (re)install.

What I would like to know, is there a simple way to save my settings, installed programs, drivers, etc. (not just files), to an external hard drive, then import them back into the fresh win 7? So as to save me wasting hours and hours more on this problem?

Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD during start up, can I save data?

EDIT: what I typed below won't help you in your case, but it might help some one else so I'm going to leave it and type a new response.

Some settings you can indeed save. Let me clarify, I don't know of a way to save your windows settings atm but i'll look around. You program setting are a bit easier. Make sure you have explorer set to show hidden files and folders. If you go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData you can fidn where a lot of your programs settings are stored. Copy the folders of the programs you plan to reinstall. Also get the folders from the program files folders in c:\. After the clean install. reinstall the programs and replace the folders with the ones you copied from the old installation. This way you will still have you settings for those programs. For example you will still have your browser history and bookmarks, so you want have to track down each and every website again. It sounds like you were hoping to nit have to reinstall all your programs. With Win98 you could just copy the programs folder for some software, but those days have passed. If you still have the installer on your hard drive for any programs you downloaded you can grab those which will make things a little easier for you. Drivers have files that are installed in a bunch of different places, so they must be installed again. Once again, if you still have the installer or a folder the installer extracted to, you can copy that which saves you the effort of having to hunt down drivers on the internet. Hope this answered some of your questions sufficiently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98045-bsod-during-start-up-can-i-save-data.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey I have PDF Form which would not let me save the data typed into it...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...mm0008egen.pdf

Here is the form

I want it to save the data typed into it so that I can email it to my relative...

Any ideaS?

A:Save data typed into PDF Form

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/save-data-typed-into-pdf-form.810864/