Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2003: cannot change IMAP account settings

Q: Outlook 2003: cannot change IMAP account settings

If I try to change the settings of an existing IMAP email account, or to click on "More settings", I get the error message: "The requested operation failed"

That's the case with all my IMAP accounts, but not with POP accounts. The problem is still there after a reboot.

This is with Vista. I never had this problem with XP. Have you experienced that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-change-imap-account-settings.603138/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2003: cannot change IMAP account settings

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.56%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Dear all,
Greetings!
I configured my Outlook 2013 as below:
I created a profile with 2 accounts: one is Exchange mode account, the other is IMAP mode account.
Now I set the Exchange mode account data to E:\email. But the data of IMAP account if in C drive, I want to change it to E:\email too.
How do I change it?
Thank you in advance.

A:How to Change Data Path for IMAP Account in Outlook 2013

Every post I see says they don't recommend doing this, so make suer you have everything backed up should you try. I have no personal experience in this and don't use Outlook myself.

Outlook 2013 change .ost path - Microsoft Community

How to move the IMAP personal folder (*.pst) - Slipstick Systems

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/302931-how-change-data-path-imap-account-outlook-2013-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Well outlook settings 2003 With in ...change default Open to I am using the windows vista bit operating system I have searched the Internet to find a fix to my problem Originally I was Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 having trouble opening Outlook and receiving the quot unable to open the default folder error quot Well I still have the same problem but it seems I created more problems Therefore I need the help of someone more knowledgeable than myself In my infinite wisdom I thought that by Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 changing the open with setting of the folders outlook would work I clicked on the file right clicked on properties and decided to open the file folders by changing the default settings of my pst outllook folders to just outlook Now the Microsoft multicolored icon Open With settings ...change to default in outlook 2003 next to the folders changed and everytime I incur an outlook folder the Microsoft multicolored icon is gone I went back in and tried to change them back to the original settings but I can t seem to find the program to use In addition I have used outlook tools scanpst to save my sanity I will not attempt the registry fix tried the detect and repair created a new username lost the original username found it and redirected to the original outlook folder associated the default outlook folder to the new username as you can see I have tried several steps which has probably been a huge mistake Therefore First can anyone help me get the quot open with quot settings for the Outlook pst files back to normal When you go to Docs amp Settings user local programs outlook They used to read outlook or outlook with a Microsoft multicolored symbol in front of them now the pst is next to the file and there is no Microsoft multcolored symbol Can you help me return it to the default settings so the pst is gone and the symbol is back with just the word outlook next to it Secondly can you help me with the quot unable to open the default settings quot error I need a fairly simple fix so I can recover all the information in the Outlook pst folder If I have to remove Outlook and reinstall it can I just create a new username and point the new user to the old original pst folder Will this fix my problem Thanks for the help Stoe nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

A:Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,

I have been using WLM 2011 for a couple of years now. Everything was good until last Thursday. I opened WLM and got an error about login failed. After checking my account settings, I noticed everything was now set up as IMAP. I called my ISP and they confirmed it was supposed to be POP3.

So... can I reset the account back to POP3 without losing my mail?

I did do a system restore back to a point a couple of days before this happened. No change.

Thanks for your help.

A:Windows Live Mail changed account settings from POP3 to IMAP

Use this link Windows Essentials: Worldwide Downloads - Free Email, Instant Messaging, and Photo Editing Software from Microsoft to upgrade to the newest version.
You wont lose anything. Then we'll address your other problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/327686-windows-live-mail-changed-account-settings-pop3-imap.html
Relevancy 78.69%

First of all I don t understand PST very well And I hope Outlook IMAP with Account PST I am posting in the correct forum We use Outlook with Exchange in Windows Server environment In addition to regular user email accounts we have a couple IMAP accounts that several employees access and respond to the emails The primary user for one of these accounts is now not able to receive any new email for the IMAP account nor move an existing email from that Inbox to a subfolder When we try to move an email we get a message quot Can t move the items The file pst has Outlook PST with IMAP Account reached its maximum size To reduce the amount of data in this file select some items that you no longer Outlook PST with IMAP Account need and then permanently delete them by pressing SHIFT DELETE You could also consider using the new Outlook Personal Folders file pst introduced with Outlook that provides greater capacity for storing items and folders quot I found an MS KB article that advised because this is an IMAP account it has the GB limit even thought it s Outlook My question Can I create a secondary PST file for this IMAP account in order to keep the current full PST file For business reasons it is important for us to keep the GB of history that is in the current PST file as well as to continue archiving email for this IMAP account I really appreciate any advice suggestions comments Thank you nbsp

A:Outlook PST with IMAP Account

Im not sure about the not receiving IMAP emails in the inbox, there might be some mailbox size limit setup in exchange, and they are over it.

But for the moving emails from inbox to the personal folders:

You can have as many personal folders as you want, but has to be way below the 2gb mark. Honestly I would make sure the personal folders are less than 500mb.

Here is a link to create .pst folders: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829971

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-pst-with-imap-account.583902/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all,

I've been hitting a wall with Outlook 2003 and an IMAP email service for a couple of days now. If the answer's out there, I haven't found it yet!

I've turned on transport logging and generated the following error, which I think is the crucial part of the log file:
ERROR: "LOGIN authentication failed. None of the authentication methods supported by your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this computer."

I've added Outlook to Windows Firewall. I've turned off Avast (v9.0.2021). Running Outlook 2003 v11.8330.8405 on Vista SP2. I've gone as far as I can with the ISP's support (they've added my IPs to their firewall etc). I've checked the port numbers. I've made sure that the SMTP server is getting authorisation.

Any help gratefully received!

Cheers // Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/imap-on-outlook-2003.1128777/
Relevancy 77.83%

Okay, I have had this problem several times and now I want to know what is causing the problem. In outlook you can add certain folder to your favorites so that they appear like short cuts at the top of the navigation window. But from time to time different imap short cuts don't appear and then I have to close and restart to get the short cuts to reappear.

Any ideas as to why?

A:Outlook 2010 and IMAP account

Also if you go to the inbox, if that is one in your favorites, and right click it gives you the option to remove from favorites even though it is not displayed. After removing and adding will also show them back at the top. But this is a pain in the back side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201539-outlook-2010-imap-account.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an Exchange account and an IMAP account, both of which I access using Outlook. However, when I connect remotely to the network using my RDC connection and open Outlook I have problems.

First, I get a message like "file C:\Docs and Setts\blah\Local Setts\App Data\MS\Outlook\[email protected] could not be found" where [email protected] is the name I have given the IMAP account.

Secondly, I can not send emails at all. They remain stuck in the outbox.

If I remove the IMAP account I can send the emails again.

I have no such problems on my own PC running win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003, connecting to the same Exchange server on the same network.

The remote server is using Windows Server 2000 and Outlook 2003.

Does anyone know of a bug which might cause this problem?

G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/imap-account-breaks-outlook.450282/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook as my mail client with Microsoft settings IMAP Outlook IMAP My setup is working correctly but I have a question regarding the display of the IMAP folder hierarchy in the left hand Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings column under All Mail Items Somehow possibly due to a previous error in deleting a user email account in addition to the current imap hierarchy outlook is displaying the hierarchy for two previously deleted email accounts I have tried to delete the heirarachies but Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings outlook complains that the data files are associated with an email address and I should remove the email address but there is no email address to delete as they were previously deleted I tried deleting separately the entry in Appdata local Microsoft Outlook but to no avail I also tried reinstalling Outlook but once I attach to the old pst file the entries come back It almost sounds like their is some config file somewhere that I need to delete I would appreciate any help I suppose reinstalling windows may fix this but I would like to avoid that if I can Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/46876-microsoft-outlook-imap-settings.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Wonder if anyone has had experience with this I ve been running Outlook for a while having upgraded from OL to OL XP Issue IMAP with & Outlook 2003 then to OL I was originally running a POP account but have recently added an IMAP account as well I recently managed to set up a new profile under which my standard Outlook PST is an up-to-date OL quot Personal Folders File quot which shouldn t have any GB issues Problem is when I added an IMAP account I can see all my IMAP folders just fine ---- thing is Outlook creates a PST file for the IMAP example quot MicrosoftOutlookInternetSettingsBrian sFolder- pst quot I think it s just to keep Issue with Outlook 2003 & IMAP downloaded headers - and I ve shut down the option in Send Receive to quot Keep folder available when offline quot meaning it shouldn t be attempting to create a local copy and the PST file size is only about kb The file size stayed small until I attempted to run indexing of emails using Lookout why would Lookout cause the PST file to grow Maybe it can only do an index if there s a local copy of emails In any case when Lookout was finished indexing the IMAP PST was up to GB Using OL that shouldn t be a problem as a quot Personal Folders File quot should be good for over GB Trouble is when OL creates this IMAP PST it does so as an OL - format which brings me back to the GB limit I don t see any option when creating the IMAP account to have an OL PST I can create new POP accounts with an OL PST but new IMAP accounts are all OL - Can anyone help Thanks again Brian nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Has anyone else tried to use Outlook 2003 IMAP and if so, have you ever tried to export your email to a PST file? For some reason, for us it's taking FOREVER and doesn't actually ever finish (tried on a 100MB mailbox) and if you select "work offline" it gives an error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-imap-exporting.119993/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all I run most of my daily operations off of Delete folder account IMAP for Outlook my iMac and I run Entourage on my Mac for email I have two IMAP accounts that I access on a regular basis In Entourage I have an option in the advanced tab for each account that allows me to handle how I Outlook Delete folder for IMAP account want to handle deleting messages from the IMAP server It's called quot Delete Options quot and I have selected quot Move messages to the Deleted Items folder quot selected This is great because I always have Outlook Delete folder for IMAP account my deleted messages stored in this file for future reference Note I also have the quot Purge Deleted Items quot option selected to purge this folder every days My problem is I use a PC when on the run and I would like it to handle deleting items the same way as my Mac Right now when ever I delete an item in Outlook it does not Outlook Delete folder for IMAP account go to the Deleted Items folder It just magically disappears forever Can someone help me out to get Outlook to act like my Entourage Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246518/outlook-delete-folder-for-imap-account/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi everyone,
I'm having a strange problem with my IMAP account in outlook 2013. My account does not download my mails after I open the program. I need to go to the send/receive tab and click the  'update folders' button.

I've tried deleting and re-installing the imap account. It also does not fetch the mails when I use the F9 button.
I'm using Win7 (64bit) and Office 2013 Professional Plus (32bit), both office and Windows are up to date according to windows update.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533328/outlook-2013-not-seeding-imap-account/
Relevancy 76.54%

Outlook setup seems to be fine. I've used the gmail guide. However whenever I try to access my imap folder in Outlook, I get a message (0X800CCC0E) telling me the server can't be accessed and imap.googlemail.com is in offline mode.

Can anyone help me fix it?

A:Can;t Configure Gmail Imap With Outlook 2003

I've seen the imap setup directions for gmail also, but it seems as though gmail doesn't actually have the site set up to run for imap. The gmail page where you are supposed to configure the mail program for imap doesn't have the imap option present, only pop. This, I suspect, is why you get the cannot find server error.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125919/can;t-configure-gmail-imap-with-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys

We're migrating a user from IMAP to POP. She's using Outlook 2013 and has lots of autocomplete entries. There's no suggested contacts folder and no .nk2 files. Any idea where they're stored?

Thanks

A:Outlook 2013 autocomplete entries for IMAP account

You need to check with the source (email ISP) to find how there service does it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2013-autocomplete-entries-for-imap-account.1119352/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi

After three hours or so of frustration and annoyance, it dawned on me that I have Google 2 tier verification turned on and then used the unique password to configure my Outlook POP3 account successfully.

When I attempted to add an IMAP account, however, I wasn't so lucky. It won't configure automatically (like Pop3 did) so I've gone to recommended manual settings, used the unique password, inserted the recommended port designations for incoming and smtp servers, but as soon as I attempt to initiate the account I get a popup window: The Requested Operation Failed.

I do want to use an IMAP account, but I'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

A:Setting IMAP Gmail Account in Outlook 2007

have you set imap up in the online google account settings ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-imap-gmail-account-in-outlook-2007.1096466/
Relevancy 76.11%

Is there a way to make outlook delete mail in the sent folder with a imap account? I delete them and they stay, albeit with a strikethrough showing they are marked for deletion. But the only way to delete them so they are gone is go to my webmail page of the account and delete them there.

A:delete sent outlook mail imap account w/o doing it in webmail?

IMAP protocol's biggest advantage is also its biggest problem: the folders are and remain synchronized. You can move the sent messages to another folder to keep Sent folder empty, but in doing so both the Sent folders (local and server) will become and show empty.

Simple answer to your question: no, it's not possible. Check your provider if it is possible for you to use POP3 protocol, it would allow you deleting locally and keeping files on server and vice versa.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/299757-delete-sent-outlook-mail-imap-account-w-o-doing-webmail.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I am running outlook 2003 on a windows xp machine. I configured outlook for a IMAP connection to gmail.

It was working fine for several months. Then, all of a sudden I noticed that when I deleted an email from my inbox or any other folder in outlook, it just disappeared. It didn't go the Deleted Items folder as it had been since I first configured the IMAP connection.

I've read many online posts of others having similar problems, with there deleted emails just disappearing.

I know this should work, because it DID work for me for several months.

I'm not aware of changing any settings, so not sure why this started happening.

Thanks for your help!

A:Outlook 2003 and IMAP - deleted emails not going to trash

Might be a patch that "fixed" this, since it is not going to trash for outlook 2010.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-and-imap-deleted-emails-not-going-to-trash.1065899/
Relevancy 75.68%

On my wifes computer I have 2 IMAP email accounts set up. They both work fine for several hours, then both imap folder seem to sever their connection with the accounts. The only way I have found to remedy this is to either redo both accts, or to close the folders, then go into edit each account but not change anything....then restart outlook.

I have the same mail server on my laptop, but have had no issues....

Help this is driving me crazy!

Tod

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-imap-connection-short-lived.650045/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am having trouble instructing Outlook 2003 to work with Gmail using IMAP folders/labels, or perhaps I do not understand the workings of IMAP well enough (having previously used POP).

The default IMAP folder presentation is confusing in that it includes "BIN, Deleted Items, Deleted Messages and Trash" folders and "Spam, Junk and Junk Email" folders - which all sound respectively the same. I cannot find an indication of what will be sent where, and how to set up Outlook to send Drafts, Deleted, or Spam/Junk messages to the IMAP folders (rather than the Personal folders) so that I can pick these up on other computers (my laptop when away from home).

Can anybody assist or point me to an appropriate tutorial/help page?

A:How to set up Outlook 2003 for proper interaction with Gmail IMAP?

Here is a clear guide for setting up Outlook 2003 to interact with Gmail IMAP:
How to Access Gmail with Outlook 2002 or Outlook 2003 Using IMAP - Step by Step Screenshot Walkthrough - About Email

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/257940-how-set-up-outlook-2003-proper-interaction-gmail-imap.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys,

I have Outlook 2003 with the latest SP2 update. My .pst file is less than 2 gig (though that shouldn't matter because Outlook 2003 can handle .pst files much larger). I have it set to IMAP, yet I still get emails coming in multiple times - not on every send/receive, but many of them. I have no rules, the emails come straight to my inbox. POP3 is not an option because I have a blackberry also. Please advise, I can not think of anything to do.

A:Outlook 2003 IMAP multiple duplication problem

Anybody?? Please help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-imap-multiple-duplication-problem.460176/
Relevancy 75.68%

I've been running an Outlook 2003 client to my AOL mail using IMAP for quite a while.
I just tried to create a 2nd connection to my gmail account and I have been unable to establish the connection.
I was pretty careful following the gmail instructions - enabling IMAP there; and, I was also pretty careful to follow the instructions on the outlook side. But, I've gone over it and over it and can't find the problem.....

It's caused me to wonder if Outlook 2003 can manage 2 IMAP connections at the same time?

I also noticed that the AOL connection in Outlook requires specific ports for each connection (send/receive) but there was nothing about that in the gmail instructions.

I also know that I've entered smtp.aol.com incorrectly several times. But, unless I'm going blind, I entered smtp.gmail.com correctly for the address of the outgoing mail server.

Help!!!

A:Solved: outlook 2003 imap to gmail problem

I also noticed that the AOL connection in Outlook requires specific ports for each connection (send/receive) but there was nothing about that in the gmail instructions.Click to expand...

Yes they should pick up specific ports
see here for imap settings on gmail http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78799

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - requires SSL: imap.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 993
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-imap-to-gmail-problem.975216/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop account and I imap how 2010: Outlook new disable to account, pop3? old created can't Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3? find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account inactive in Outlook Also I don't want to get messages into two different folders Is there a way to disable the old pop account without removing it I have tried deleting the password so it won't send receive from that account but all I get is the constant quot enter password quot box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs I'd appreciate any advice users can offer Thanks in advance Jo PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win Home Premium and Outlook as in the subject line

A:Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3?

Quote: Originally Posted by boppy2010

Hi guys, as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts.

The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop3 account and I can't find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account, inactive, in Outlook.

Also, I don't want to get messages into two different folders.

Is there a way to disable the old pop3 account without removing it?

I have tried deleting the password so it won't send/receive from that account but all I get is the constant "enter password" box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs.

I'd appreciate any advice users can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 as in the subject line.

you can simply move the emails of your pop account by going to "edit" on the top left corner and "select all" you'll see that all your emails are selected, then right click and select "move to folder" and move it to your IMAP mails location. and doing this may allow you to remove the pop3 account.

either way, let us know what you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207640-outlook-2010-created-new-imap-account-how-disable-old-pop3.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a google-hosted account connected via IMAP to a fully patched Outlook installation running on a fully patched XP machine all -bit I have a bunch of labels folders with some of them configured to quot download headers only quot and the others configured to quot with not Outlook as emails configured account, complete downloading IMAP download complete item with attachments quot The main Inbox is in the latter group Yet when new emails arrive they don t always fully download After clicking on those emails the rest of it downloads but the computer this is Outlook with IMAP account, not downloading complete emails as configured on is not Outlook with IMAP account, not downloading complete emails as configured connected via a very quick Internet connection and it can and does take - seconds to finally display some emails and it feels a lot longer than that Anyway this is a new IMAP connection configured with a brand-new created on Saturday Outlook profile I was using the quot Google Apps Sync quot utility along with the google account but I kept getting tons and tons of sync errors so I had to switch to an IMAP account for email and I m trying out a few different options to sync the calendars and contacts So if someone has a solution for the Google Apps Sync sync errors unfortunately the errors were all quot Generic quot errors so I never could figure out what the problem was - I opened a support ticket with Google support but thus far I haven t heard back from them after sending them the trace and log files they asked for nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-with-imap-account-not-downloading-complete-emails-as-configured.915026/
Relevancy 74.82%

This issue just has started. It worked for the 3 years I have owned 20007. I have all the correct boxes checked, I think. The only thing I changed, which coincided with the alerts not working, was added an IMAP account.

Could the adding an IMAP account disable the desktop alert feature?

Thanks

A:Outlook 2007: No Desktop Alert on new emails after adding IMAP account

First let me clarify. I don't have Outlook 2007. But I do have 2003 on one of my machines.That said, I don't believe that just adding an IMAP account would have an adverse effect on your alert settings unless you somehow inadvertantly disabled the feature during the setup of the account. Again, I'm working with 2003, but in my main navigation menu, under Tools, I have a category for Rules and Alerts. This includes an interface for setting up the various rules for your email alerts. I'd start there and make sure all of your preferences are still set up correctly.Hope this helps,Bill

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319092/outlook-2007-no-desktop-alert-on-new-emails-after-adding-imap-account/
Relevancy 67.08%

Every time I open my laptop, I have to put in my password even when it hasn't been shut down.

Is there a way to set it up where the only time I have to put in the password is after I've shut down or restarted it instead of putting it in after it's simply been closed? Or will I just have to remove the password all together?

A:Change User Account Password Settings?

Power Settings > Left side bar "Require a password on wakeup", then "Change settings that are currently unavailable", and now "Don't require a password"

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/188066-change-user-account-password-settings.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying to change the settings back to "never notify", but every time I click the link, after typing it in the search bar, nothing happens.

Wile in the user account menu, the 4 options with an admin symbol next to them don't work either. I'm assuming that's the problem, I don't have admin capabilities, although I should, I am an administrator.

Is this a common problem, or is it just me?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
--Jake S

A:Change user account control settings

I think Further explanation is needed

Have you followed this - User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

Also what "Link" are clicking on?

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/174727-change-user-account-control-settings.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there this is my first post I've been looking through out the forum trying to look for a problem similar to mine My problem happened probably about a few weeks ago When I installed AVG and AVG PC Tuneup with key gen I got off another website I noticed that I cant install alot of of programs because I need Administrative Privileges I type in msconfig and I get the message You do not have sufficient privileges to run System Please run this utility as a user in the Administrators group Also cannot Uninstall AVG I the settings Admin in User cant I the change Account for never set a password for admin and always log on to my account NANNERGTO I cant change the settings in the User Account for Admin I also get the admin shield next to a lot of radio buttons that wont allow me to save or change things in the User control panel I cant delete manage the admin account There are also I cant change the settings in the User Account for Admin shields next to the rename and delete buttons when I right click on a file I have ran Anti-malware and different Anti-spyware programs and no luck finding anything Hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel Hope there is enough info to begin with Thanks in advance Chris

A:I cant change the settings in the User Account for Admin

It sounds like you have infected your machine with malware. It is highly inadvisable to use keygens.

I suggest you follow this guide to create a malware removal thread.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560229/i-cant-change-the-settings-in-the-user-account-for-admin/
Relevancy 67.08%

How can i change the account names in Documents & Settings. i got the name changed but ??
Thanx Dave

A:Change The Account Names In Documents & Settings.

If you're referring to having changed the name of a user account, then right click on the folder & choose Rename.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136197/change-the-account-names-in-documents-settings/
Relevancy 66.65%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys First off first post officially I have been trolling this website since I started working with windows the large community I That Only When Change Appears Parental Strange Account Settings is very helpful Anyways I have an account that I cannot edit or delete My computer is not hooked up to anything else that could put it there I suspect it to be a virus but this has happened to me a few Strange Account That Only Appears When I Change Parental Settings times and I don't really put this computer into the danger zone i e file sharing porn etc I went into my C drive and saw a random folder locked with random letters and numbers specifically b f e ad a c Naturally I went into my control panel gt user accounts gt parental controls and saw the same numbers as a password protected standard user The only difference is now the letters are capitalized Next I went in to delete it of course because it looks frightning and dangerous But when I got there it wasn't there Would anyone be able to help me understand what this is It doesn't really seem like it's supposed to be there and seems threatening Thanks pictures attached of the folder location parental controls window and manage accounts window

A:Strange Account That Only Appears When I Change Parental Settings

That folder looks like the leftovers of a Windows Update which possibly failed for whatever reason. Could have been another type of installation too, I suppose. As a guess, I'd say that maybe this particular update made a temporary user account to simplify permissions granting during the install.

What's in the folder with the same name?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/146076-strange-account-only-appears-when-i-change-parental-settings.html
Relevancy 64.93%

This should be an easy problem to solve, but I have been unable to figure it out...

On the windows login screen, right below my login name, there is a little note that says how many new mail messages I have- This however was set up by my ex-boyfriend under his hotmail account. I'd like to change it to one of my accounts if possible, (I primarily use a university based webmail account), and if I can't change it to anything but hotmail or msn then I would like to remove it.

I haven't been able to figure out where to find this setting.

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated.

-Alex

Relevancy 64.93%

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.

A:Can't set up new Outlook 2003 account

conbak2 said:

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.Click to expand...
so it keeps asking you for your password? check your user name and make sure its correct. I had this happen and it only put my user name, not my email address. so maybe you need to enter your email addy, and the password to that email addy, then click "save this password" check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-up-new-outlook-2003-account.577941/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have used Outlook for many years and it has done a good job.

Recently though, something has happened and all my incoming emails no longer show the sender's name in the inbox. I have open the email to know who sent it.

I do not like opening emails unless I know where they came from and have tried unsuccessfully to find a setting for getting the program to show the sender again.

Anyone know how to reset this?

Thanks

A:Need help with Outlook 2003 settings

Click on the Inbox to show your received mail. On the toolbar at top click View > Arrange By > Current View > Customize Current View > Fields button. From there you can add/delete fields that are viewable when you display your inbox, and arrange their order on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-outlook-2003-settings.668827/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

A:Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Originally Posted by bupthebroker

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

Is it actually Outlook.com [Online/Webmail] and not Microsoft Outlook [part of Office]? Are you opening from a link in Favorites or the Favorites bar? If it's Outlook.com ave you tried typing just outlook.com in the Address bar, pressing Enter then tried logging in again? Could be the stored shortcut is the problem, have seen it happen.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/23488-your-outlook-account-settings-out-date.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

i have a XP drive which had outlook on
i can copy the PST file
BUT how can I find out all the account settings

its an NTLBusiness email address and nothing on the web

The outlook - has a .srs file - which I believe is the account send/receive settings - but how can i read it to find out the
pop
smtp
and also the ports and the SSL etc settings

or a link to the
NTL Business email settings for a @NTLBusiness.com account
which is now virginmedia - but i cant find the details

i know its
pop(3).ntlbusiness.com
and
SMTP.ntlbusiness.com

just nor sure of other settings
OR
if i can use
imap

thanks for any help

Relevancy 64.07%

hi, I have set two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and configured them (i made rules) so that there are two email account folders, and the email for account A goes into the INBOX under A and B goes into B. However, I have not been able to get them to do the same for the other folders (like OUTBOX, DRAFTS, SENT ITEMS, etc). Is there any way to do that?

Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to set up a Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 version using a lap top computer with Windows 7 operating system. I have set up other types of accounts but I just need to know what settings to use.

A:Set up Hotmail account in Outlook 2003

Closing duplicate thread, one thread per issue please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-hotmail-account-in-outlook-2003.1092920/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am in the process of transferring an account from one computer to another, both have outlook 2003 on them. When I try to access the new computer with it, it tries to connect to an exchange 2003 server. It doesn't allow me to open up the program unless it has a connection, and it is asking for office.ost on the new computer. I tried locating the file on the other computer and it is not in the same location. The computers are linked up to login to a server where their my documents folder is located. Is there a way to transfer from one outlook 2003 to another on 2 different computers?

Also, both computers are xp highest service pack on them, and the server they are connecting to is a microsoft server 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-outlook-2003-account.870718/
Relevancy 64.07%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 63.64%

Is it an expected acceptable function that my recently installed NOD32.3 deletes the favourite status of my folders every time I scan? Many thanks.

A:Nod32.3 And Outlook 2003 Settings

I have realized that after scanning with NOD32.3, my favourite character of folders in Outlook 2003 gets deleted becoming just regular ones. I do not like this because it makes me thinking "what other issues can it delete"? Is it there anything to avoid this? Other functions seem to be very good. Many thanks and regards.Mod Edit:Topic: Nod32.3 Deletes Some Outlook 2003 Settings merged for continuity ~TMacK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152628/nod323-and-outlook-2003-settings/
Relevancy 63.21%

I can't get my outlook account settings to open. I click on file/account settings and nothing happens. The add account button works, the mailbox cleanup and rules and alerts buttons work. I've tried the following:

1. Open Outlook in safe mode - no result
2. Open Outlook as administrator - no result
3. Open send/receive and folder tab - right click on account and select account properties - no result
4. Open File/Options/addins/go disable all addins - no result

I'm stuck. Any ideas

Windows 7 64bit/ Office 2010 / Firefox

A:Outlook 2010 Account Settings won't open

Hi Cquinn, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you realize you need to click both Account Settings buttons, first one opens the second one:
(Click to enlarge.)

The sequence is File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings. The second Account Settings button that opens beneath the first one when it is clicked is easily taken as just a tooltip, but it really is a button you need to click.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/272386-outlook-2010-account-settings-wont-open.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I cannot seem to find the right settings for ADD AN ACCOUNT when I am in the MAIL program on this Win8 pc. I have opened MAIL, which I take is Outlook.com SETTINGS>ADD AN ACCOUNT from there I supply email address, password, username and then for the

Incoming (IMAP) email server PORT ??
[ ] Incoming server requires SSL
Outgoing (SMTP) email server PORT ??
[ ] Outgoing Server requires SSL
[ ] Outgoing Server requires authentication
[ ] Use the same username and password to send and receive mail ( I think this box should be checked )

I can find no combination of things that work. Can anyone help? I have tried Googling all sorts of sites and pages but can not seem to come to some workable combination. Much appreciated. jack

A:Verizon's acct settings for Outlook.com's ADD AN ACCOUNT??

I don't know about Verizon's IMAP support but the following are Verizon's POP Mail Server settings...

Incoming (POP) email server= pop.verizon.net Port= 995 (This Requires SSL)
[X] Incoming server requires SSL

Outgoing (SMTP) email server= smtp.verizon.net Port= 465 (This Requires SSL and Authentication)
[X] Outgoing Server requires SSL
[X] Outgoing Server requires authentication

[X] Use the same username and password to send and receive mail

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/19361-verizons-acct-settings-outlook-coms-add-account.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Is there a way to copy email account settings?

I want to set up outlook to be able to send mail from the same account for several people by copying a file or a GP on server 2003. 

A:Copy outlook email account settings

I don't have Outlook configured on this machine, but I seem to recall that there is a way to export account settings and importing them again on Outlook on another machine.

Depending on what verison(s) of Outlook you're using, and what e-mail server you're trying to connect to, you may only need to have the correct userid and password and it might be easier just to create the account fresh.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597058/copy-outlook-email-account-settings/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016.

After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do this?

A:Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Hello Nigel,

When you open the File menu in Outlook 2016 you should get an option to export:

Does this provide a way to do what you want?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55226-outlook-2016-export-account-settings.html
Relevancy 63.21%

What are the pro's/con's of converting my offline email account to an online account? It seems like I tried this once before when I received a new smartphone but it caused lots of issues with duplicated calendar and contact entries or something of the sort. I work in the field and therefore don't always have connectivity. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-offline-vs-online-account.846149/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

In Oulook 2003, I have multiple mail accounts, but sometimes I want to "freeze" a certain account and put it on hold. I don't want to delete it, just to make sure that Outlook does not check that account now (because all my mailing lists go to that account and I don't want to have to download 1B messages after vacation, only what's important to me at that time). Is that possible? how?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-outlook-2003-putting-an-account-on-hold-83557.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I work at a Account Outlook Multiple Access 2003 company employees and on one of our XP machines we run Microsoft Outlook We used to have it setup so when you started Outlook it prompted for a Username and Password and anyone could use their Exchange login to access their email After we reformatted the computer I can no longer get this to work It only lets me log on to a specific exchange account that I have setup in in the quot Email Account quot settings It still prompts for a username and password but only the account that is set up logs in It rejects any other login All of us work off the same server and the same Domain and it was extremely convenient that anyone could log on to their email from this machine How can i get this functionality back Is there a setting I am missing Essentially I want to be able to access any account on our internal exchange server one at a time not simultaneously without setting up each account individually Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-multiple-account-access.1065443/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 63.21%

i changed my default 'send from' account in outlook 2010 (windows/7, 64bit); when i answer an ad in craigslist, it sets up an outgoing email, but with my former default 'send from account' ; i can manually change the 'send from' email address to my new default ok; i'm trying to avoid manually changinig it every time; i thought of deleting my old default account from outlook, but i'm not quite ready to do that , as this is a minor problem; can i somehow suspend my old account with out deleting it ? thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/outlook-send-from-account-wont-change-658534.html
Relevancy 62.78%

This is for XP more than for Vista I have been using Outlook since as far as I can remember but there are times that I want to ring its neck or tear it apart limb from limb I guess is better I don't know who the creator is But I digress Anyways back to my original thought I have been having some issues with Outlook best to use a new thread for this so I decided to change to Mozilla Thunderbird but it didn't work like I thought it would again new thread Bottom line is I have to go back to Outlook My pet peeve is that even though I back up my pst files eveytime I need to do a clean Outlook install or simple migration of sorts I loose my custom settings rules amp alerts etc etc Is there an easy way to back up all these custom settings as well so you can migrate Outlook painlessly I have done the google 'till my eyes drew blood but all I am getting are mixed solutions or me having to install a rd party with Help Outlook Backing Custom Up Settings 2003 software Right now I have e-mail accounts being handled by Outlook my Office Personal Company's bulk e-mail and Company's g-mail so I Help with Backing Up Outlook 2003 Custom Settings use a lot of custom settings

A:Help with Backing Up Outlook 2003 Custom Settings

are you using the wizard to backup?

Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/241189-help-backing-up-outlook-2003-custom-settings.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Greetings:

Over the past several weeks, I have noticed that Outlook 2003 is changing my AT&T mail settings for both POP and STMP. In fact, it seems to be reverting to a previous version of my email settings.

I have had to manually configure the account several time over the past month, and am concerned that I have to keep doing this. I am using the AT&T Support Tool, and my OS is Windows XP with SP3.

Also, does anyone know how to export all of the emails and folders in my Outlook before I re-image my machine? I want the folders and all the emails I have received and sent, as well as my calendar items.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt

A:Outlook 2003 Keeps Changing POP/SMTP Settings

i would try redoing your profile. in the control panel go to mail. in there you will find your profiles and your data files.

close outlook.
go in the data files section and locate on your harddrive where the .pst files are. make a copy of all of your .pst files.
then go to the profiles section in mail(control panel) and delete and recreate your profile.
open outlook and then close it so it creates a new pst file.
go where the new pst file is and paste your old pst file over it.
start outlook, you should have all your same email, folders, contact, calendar, etc
then add your email account and you should be golden

be careful not to screw you pst files up, back it up to a usb drive before you go deleting stuff.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275733/outlook-2003-keeps-changing-popsmtp-settings/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue in Outlook We are using Exchange and Outlook A user here has a non person account added to their mailbox This npa is used to store contracts and other emails Several members of a team have access to this npa The user has created subfolders within the npa If the user right click s a subfolder and selects copy XXXX where XXXX is the folder name an error appears quot Cannot copy this folder because it may folder Cannot 2003 in person non a account a Copy Outlook in contain private items quot The user has owner permissions to the npa and all sub folders I looked through all the folders Cannot Copy a folder in a non person account in Outlook 2003 and could not find any private items One folder was actually empty so I tried copying it and the same error appeared I logged the user out of Outlook and had him log directly onto the npa It could then copy folders fine Logged him back into his mail account which has the npa added to it and the same error occured Maybe this problem is by design I don t know I have exchange admin rights and so I added the mailbox to my Outlook mailbox but got the exact same problem Does anyone have any suggestions for me Regards Pileyrei nbsp

A:Cannot Copy a folder in a non person account in Outlook 2003

Bump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-copy-a-folder-in-a-non-person-account-in-outlook-2003.250116/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 62.78%

My company runs Windows XP Pro SP on all Workstations and for email they all use Outlook client that downloads email from a POP email server Yesterday a new boss started and Email Change Outlook settings when I set Change Outlook Email settings up his email I made a mistake and instead of putting his full name under quot Mail Setup quot - gt quot Email Accounts quot - gt quot User Information quot - gt quot Name quot I put his first initial and last name The boss is gone for a week but before he left he asked me to change this from his first initial last name to his full first name and last name We keep network passwords confidential and although I have administrative access on the network I would have to change his password on the network to login to his mahine and launch his Outlook client to change this setting If I were to change his network pasword I couldn t just ask him to change it back since our WIN domain controller will not permit the same password if it is changed My question Is there a way to change my boss s email settings as an admin on the network without changing my boss s network password Is there an Outlook config file that contains his user information that I can just change Any help would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262285/change-outlook-email-settings/
Relevancy 62.35%

For many years I have used Outlook and have been very happy with it Recently the email editor started PST Outlook content change Can't - of 2003 to play up in that I Outlook 2003 - Can't change content of PST could enter data but going back to correct say a spelling would not work I assumed at Outlook 2003 - Can't change content of PST this point that having worked for years a file had been corrupted and that I could resolve this problem by reinstalling the complete Office package This is where my problems began First I had trouble getting Outlook to open saying that it could not find the PST file Outlook PST but did give me the option to create a new one I can now create a PST file say outlookxx pst which it Outlook 2003 - Can't change content of PST successfully does but Outlook does not switch to it Net result is that when I start up Outlook again it says it cannot find outlook PST again If I now rename outllookxx PST to be Outlook pst Outlook will open I can set up an email account and send mail The snag now is that if I try and change anything in Outlook such as where the view panel is I can do so but when I Open outlook again it has forgotten this change of configuration If I try to create a new Outlook Data file I can go through all the steps but at the end it says Outlook has stopped working So far I have tried uninstall reinstall of Office I have added the DisablePST key as per http support microsoft com kb EN-US and set it to I have deleted the MAPISVC INF files in system and common files and let them rebuild I have also deleted the directory where according to MS Outlook stores the PST OST files The question is where does Outlook store details about the location of the PST file - is it in the registry I can t find it there Is it in a file that does not get deleted as part of the reinstall Any help here guidance here would be appreciated Tinker UK nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - Can't change content of PST

Welcome to the forums TinkerUK!

Have you tried deleting all of your account settings (make sure you have a backup!!!!) and re-creating the accounts one-by-one, then re-assigning the old PST file so you have your old data?

Also, after your re-install, did you add all of the service packs and patches back? I know that there are quite a lot for Office 2003, so it may take a few rounds of Windows Update to get them installed.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2003-cant-change-content-of-pst.4065119/
Relevancy 62.35%

Our family used Office 2003 for years until a couple of years ago I purchased Home & Student 2010 Family Pak. I installed 2010 on all our computers except my son's PC I kept 2003 on it since he's blind and needed Outlook. He uses Outlook as his email and was trained on it several years ago using JAWs (screen reading software) so that's all he's ever used.

Since Office 2003 is no longer supported I need to uninstall it and install Office 2010 so I need to find him another email program similar to Outlook. I'm not crazy about upgrading to Office 365 Home Premium but would if there were no other choices.

Is the Outlook version that comes with 365 extremely different different from 2003?

It seems to be impossible to find or the price too high to upgrade to Outlook 2010. Would Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird be closer to his Outlook 2003?

A:Upgrade or change from Outlook 2003

I can't tell you whether Outlook 2003 is very different from Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013, as I have not used Outlook 2003.

As Windows Live Mail is free you could download a copy & try it out to see if it's suitable for your son.

If you go to Office 365 Home Premium you will get Outlook 2013. Does you Office 2010 Home & Student Family Pack have enough users to allow the additional installation on your son's computer, or have you used them all already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/328542-upgrade-change-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have several email addresses (accounts) and have always been able to change the name of the account whenever I want (via account properties) - not the display name for the "from" line, but what I name the account. But now, if I try to change it, it won't keep the changes and reverts back to the name it was before. I've only recently gone to WinXP SP2, and am wondering if it's something to do with SP2? Would anyone know how I can fix this please?TIA(PS - I'm fairly experienced in OE ).

A:Outlook Express - Can't Change Email Account Name

I thought I'd try deleting and recreating one of the accounts as a test, and it naturally worked. However, if I then try to change the account name again (as a test), it's the same problem as before. Therefore, something somewhere must corrupt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70273/outlook-express-cant-change-email-account-name/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,
I have a Windows 8.1 system on a lap top that was used by a former employee. Her name was still on user name and I couldn't change it without Admin privileges (otherwise was asking for a smart card). Found out how to get in to admin in safe mode with Net
User Admin yes- then discovered that the old log in and information / desk top is no longer available. The docs are under Users (old employee's name) in C drive, but the docs and settings no longer show up and the admin log in is the only one available - no
option to change users.
When I went in and said Net User Admin no - thinking if I disabled admin user it would go back to the old log in -  there was no log in available at all.

Help?
Launa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56c281dc-3368-4418-93ac-3cd96832c513/enabled-net-user-admin-to-change-an-account-name-cant-change-name-and-now-origial-login-account?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi folks,

Bit of an odd one;

- when I create an email it's in English (UK)
- when I reply to an email it's in English (US)

I've checked all the usual places; regional settings, spelling tab in Outlook options, checked Word too. Can't get to the bottom of it. Any help?

Ox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-language-settings-different-when-replying-than-when-creating.866633/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I would like to migrate my outlook autocomplete settings from Moving OUtlook autocomplete PC a settings to Solved: different 2003: one computer to another however I m having some difficulties with this Here s what I know and have done so far I have one PC made with an image and an email account with Outlook via Exchange server On a newly imaged PC same Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC image as old one I add in my email profile to Outlook and then paste the Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC lt username gt nk file over the default one I know that Outlook autocomplet settings are stored in C Documents and Settings lt username gt Application Data Microsoft Outlook lt username gt NK But it doesn t matter if I copy just this file or the whole Outlook folder here Regardless of what I do my autocomplete entries are missing when I start up my Outlook account on the new PC All email on Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC our computers are stored on the Exchange server but the settings as far as I can tell are all stored locally things like signatures etc So in conclusion what I want to know is how to migrate the Outlook autocomplete settings from one PC to another Thanks JFresh nbsp

A:Solved: OUtlook 2003: Moving autocomplete settings to a different PC

I dont know if you have this feature but if you have the full Office 2003 edition you might.

1. Click Start > All Programs
2. Select Microsoft Office, and highlight Microsoft Office Tools.
3. Click Save My Settings Wizard.
4. Go through the Wizard. Dont change any settings.
5. When complete navigate here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\
6. Cut and paste this file "New Settings File.OPS" to a USB or CD.
7. Place that file (New Settings File.OPS) from the USB or CD on the computer you would like to transfer settings to in My Documents.
8. On the computer you would like to transfer setting do this:

1. Click Start > All Programs
2. Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard.
3. Click the button "Restore Previous Settings To This Machine".
4. Click Next and specify, on the new machine, where the file is that you pasted from the USB or CD.
5. Click Finish and you're all done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-moving-autocomplete-settings-to-a-different-pc.483056/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have two email mailboxes that are set up in my Outlook, my own personnel one and an additional shared mailbox. My question is:
Is it possible to have the desktop alert message to appear when an email comes into the second mailbox (it currently only flashes up when an email comes into my personnel aco****)? Is this possible?

A:Outlook 2003 Desktop Alert Settings query

Not that I know of. I usually just mark the inbox as a favorite so it appears in the favorite section and watch the number in parenthesis beside the favorite. To mark a folder as a favorite you will need to right-click on it and select "add to favorite folders." Another spin on this is to have a rule setup that automatically forwards the mail messages from the second account to your primary. The problem with this though is redundant (repeated) data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-desktop-alert-settings-query.704287/
Relevancy 61.92%

A friends XP computer crashed after sp3 install (amd processor) I backed up her complete C drive by making her non booting drive a usb drive through a usb external case. I know how to get all her mail, contacts and address book back, through outlooks structure but is there away to get the account settings back? Which file to I override?

Thanks Mozart

A:Find outlook express file structure for the account settings

Good question

No

Have a nice day

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/find-outlook-express-file-structure-for-the-account-settings.112612/
Relevancy 61.92%

Out look won't allow me to specify another email address as the reply address. Under "User information" I fill in the address that I want people to reply to and outlook seems to just ignore this. I've looked at help files and the MS website and they all say that it shouldn't do this, but it does.

Any ideas?

A:Outlook 2003 won't change the reply email

You want to be hidden using alias?

Primary Email
Seconard Email for replys only

You can setup the Primary Email to only recieve the email (read only)
You can setup the Secondary to read and send the email. There is an option to do this under Options. But you need to setup up both accounts you want to use with passwords and etc.. Then test them out. You might have to manually tell Outlook to use the secondary account. But I've done what you are asking when I had an SBC account. It can be done..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-wont-change-the-reply-email.75671/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all.

On a clients PC, we're trying to disable using word when reading emails. However, we're unable to. The option is greyed out. Any suggestions?

This isn't a policy or rights issue as we don't have a policy for it and the client is given admin rights on the PC.

Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

My signature is set up in Arial 10 and I have a graphic in the signature block. When I create an email it is created using Arial 10 but when the other person opens the received email it appears as TimesRoman. I've looked through all the places I can find reference to fonts in Outlook and nothing has been checked TimesRoman. Any suggestions?

A:Outlook 2003 SP2 - Signature Fonts Change

Um...the forum said this had been moved? Did I post in the wrong place?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sp2-signature-fonts-change.737549/
Relevancy 61.92%

Does anyone know if you can change the default calendar in OL03?

I have an iphone and signed up for mobile be (which could be very cool if it ever works right) and I'm having an awful time syncing calendars... iphone recognizes a lot of calendars and outlook can see all of them, too but does not combine them.

so I figured out that I can change all the entries to HOME and then I can see one month view on outlook, but it's a PITA having to navigate to the HOME calendar from the default one.

As I write this, I see I probably should have asked before I did all this work whether or not there is a way to combine multiple calendars in Outlook???

thanks,

tom

A:Outlook 2003 - change default calendar???

I think this answers your question about merging 2 calendars in Outlook:
http://outlook-tips.net/cs/blogs/outlooktips/archive/2007/09/06/690.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-change-default-calendar.733378/
Relevancy 61.49%

A question re. the use of profiles in Outlook. This is for my home computer, using POP3.

Two of us use the the computer, both using separate profiles in Outlook, which works fine. However, there does not seem to be any way for each of us to retain our own Views. Basically, I am trying to set up the other user's views in the simplest form possible (buttons include text, Nav Bar shows large buttons, etc.). But any changes I make to his than get made to mine. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2003 Profiles View Settings- NO Exchange Server

Hi ejcohen3

Found this in the newsgroups, I don't have Outlook 2003 installed yet, to try it.

Rename Outcmd.dat to .old with Outlook closed. Next time you open Outlook,
you can create all of your toolbars, arrange them as you like per folder.
Close Outlook and copy the Outcmd.dat file you created when you recustomized
the toolbars. Save this in a safe place. Whenever you add customizations
to the toolbar, remember to copy that file to your safe place. If your
toolbars corrupt, all you need to do is rename the current file and
substitute the most recent backup.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]Click to expand...

Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-profiles-view-settings-no-exchange-server.364563/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, I have set my options in Outlook 2010's trust centre to automatically download images and now want everybody on my network to do that. However, with 300 users, it'd be much easier if there were some sort of registry hack that'd allow me to carry out this change quickly and discretely, without the users getting confused.
Thanks in advance!
Louise x

A:Outlook 2010 - change settings for all users on network

GPO
Office 2010 Group Policy Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX, ADML) and Office Customization Tool download available - Office IT Pro Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/171943-outlook-2010-change-settings-all-users-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi there. i am running outlook 2003 on an exchange server and have a signature file for outgoing emails which is saved on the c:\ in documents and settings. is it possible to make outlook look for the file from another location e.g one of our other network drives n:\

what this would let us achieve is that if i was to move to another pc for example, when i log in with my username outlook would search for my signature file on the network and allow me to use it without creating another, if i was to move to another pc the same day it would follow me to that one.

sorry if this sounds overly complicated or if i sound thick, if it cant be done thats ok

cheers

f1ngerbob

A:change signature file location in outlook 2003

EDIT: FOUND IT! SEE http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office/2003/all/reskit/en-us/oe_outc03.mspx

http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic53.html

Seems to indicate that this is not possible.

What you might be able to do however is locate your entire machine profile on a network share, and then have each machine load the profile (including signatures) from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-signature-file-location-in-outlook-2003.15237/
Relevancy 61.06%

Member of staff wants to change his default Outlook calendar to that of another whose calendar is used as the office-wide calendar.

In play: Microsoft XP Exchange Server

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-your-default-calendar-on-outlook-2003-version.964518/
Relevancy 61.06%

In a Contact, Notes field, when I select all and change the font, it usually reverts back to the small default font the next time I open outlook. How do I prevent this, and, how can I set a new default font for Contact notes for all new contacts? (I am not talking about Notes, I am talking about within a contact, the notes field.) Thank You

Relevancy 61.06%

I've gone through the tools->Options-> Mail format -> Signatures
but no where it indicates how to change the text color.

Right now it is at yellow, and hardly visible.

Neet to change to blue or black

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

I have recently changed my ISP to BT from Eclipse. Previously Outlook 2010 was configured to allow emails to be downloaded from the Eclipse servers and to enable me to send emails using Outlook 2010 using my Eclipse email address. I also have Outlook configured using IMAP to enable me to download emails from Gmail. I can no longer send emails using my eclipse email account.

Can someone help me to reconfigure Outlook so that I can send and receive emails using the Gmail servers from Outlook 2010 as my primary email source.

I wish to carry on using Outlook 2010 as I have many saved email folders in the account.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

A:How do I change my email account to Gmail from Eclipse in Outlook 2010

In "accounts" you simply need to change the default account for sending to the gmail account. Sorry if that's a bit vague but I haven't used outlook for ages (and don't have it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/255655-how-do-i-change-my-email-account-gmail-eclipse-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Ughh I have a client who has Outlook installed on their server MS Server Standard I m in the process of adding email automation to an Access database using Outlook While setting up Outlook it had never been configured before I used account settings for a Cox account While testing I discovered that I would not be able to use that account failed 2000 Outlook attempts settings??!?:( emails to using a send/receive deleted account's to logon to the smtp server- the client doesn t have an account so it access denied to the Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:( mail server From there I Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:( deleted the Cox email account settings and added a gmail account instead All settings have been configured- pop and smtp servers authentication etc however when I attempt to send receive Outlook continues to use the Cox server settings Again the Cox server settings do not exist in the current email account I have set up I ve tried to add and delete the gmail account several times along with trying to reset Outlook to a first run setting but alas nothing has worked Any ideas or does Outlook use an ini file somewhere that may contain the old account settings I ve looked at the account file under users but those settings- for gmail- are correct Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-attempts-to-send-receive-emails-using-a-deleted-accounts-settings.1099275/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 60.63%

Good Morning All,

We currently have our emails hosted by an offsite server, we are using Microsoft Outlook as our email program.  We currently are backing up the .pst file daily and also the entire folder that the .pst file is in.

My question is, if the email server goes down and all of the emails on the server are lost, will the .pst file we have backed up still contain all of the emails, or when it send/receives, will it be updated and the messages erased?

I want to make sure that the emails are protected in the event of a disaster.

Thanks!!
Brent

A:Backup IMAP account

That's a question that you need to ask the email provider. Ask them there policy on email storage if a disaster happens. That's something that they can tell you better than us. As far as backing up the email locally using .pst files, to my understanding backups your local mail that you've already received. Most email accounts that are stored on the server are backed up either weekly or monthly and are saved as inbox.saved or something similar, that way they can backup your email if anything happens.

You can do a test, and see what happens. Create you an email on the email server, and let it sync to your outlook program. Then delete the email off of the email server, and see what happens on outlook. Does the email go away, or does it stay as a locally cached copy? Doing that will give you an idea of what happens to your mail if it gets deleted, does it stay or does it go...

Typically your viewing the emails that are on the server through Outlook UNLESS you move them off the IMAP server to your outlook client, and then they are erased off of the IMAP account and stored locally on the pc for archiving purposes. So essentially if your email ever got erased off of the server, then the email provider would have a backup of your inbox, and could restore your mail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495561/backup-imap-account/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am presently using Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 7 OS but I can't seem to change the color scheme of the program. I can alter the Windows OS theme but not the individual programs like Outlook and Word. They are defaulting to blue only.

Thanks!

Tom

A:How do I change the color scheme of Outlook 2003 running on Windows 7?

The only thing I can find at the moment is:
Change Outlook 2003 color scheme in Vista and 7 | MSOutlook.info

Hope that helps a little...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/198900-how-do-i-change-color-scheme-outlook-2003-running-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have what I hope is a temporary change Outlook not email default Can in address 2003 Microsoft need to change my default quot from quot email address I Can not change default email address in Microsoft Outlook 2003 have changed it from say aaa to bbb using tools email change emailaddress and also rest the quot more settings reply email facility so replies go to my new email address too I have set the bbb as my default email account using tools email set as default Here is the Can not change default email address in Microsoft Outlook 2003 problem when I create quot new quot emails it correctly uses the new quot bbb quot email address as my from address All seems to be OK BUT IF I receive a reply to this email that I sent that was sent out with my bbb email address and THEN I try to REPLY to it - the reply email now shows at the top quot this email will be sent via aaa quot - rather than the bbb I want it too I hope I have explained it clearly - and you can see the frustration of the outloook programme It is as though outlook simply refuses to recognise the new default email account I have set up Frustrating to say the least - any technical help appreciated Cheers Mike nbsp

A:Can not change default email address in Microsoft Outlook 2003

By any chance do the bbb e-mail account settings in Outlook show your aaa address as a "Reply to" address? The entry can be found in "More settings ... -> General Tab" when the bbb account is open for editing.

I don't have any other suggestions other than that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-change-default-email-address-in-microsoft-outlook-2003.738977/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

The left side folder list pane in Outlook 2003 changed the font on its own and I can't find a way to change it back to the way it was before.

How do you change the font and its size in the left folder list in Outlook

I tried the fix I found on the Microsoft site by going to display ->
appearence -> Advanced and then select icon and change the font and size
there but that did not help. It looks like it works with Outlook 2000 but I'm
on 2003.

Anyone has any ideas.

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/192284-how-do-you-change-font-its-size-left-folder-list-outlook-2003-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey Folks,

Client opens Word 2003 and it is in Print View, but when he opens a Word 2003 attachment in Outlook 2003 it will always default to the reading pane view. How do I change the default view for the Word 2003 document when opening from Outlook.

Thanks everyone!

Peace

A:Solved: Change Default View (Word 2003) when opening as attachment from Outlook

Open Word and click the "Tools" menu and choose "Options"
When the "Options" tabbed dialog box appears click "General"
Uncheck "Allow starting in Reading Layout".
Click OK and then have a cocktail

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-default-view-word-2003-when-opening-as-attachment-from-outlook.730998/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm hoping that my earlier thread from please help IMAP to back change - POP has been ignored because I've been replying to it So I'm starting a change back to POP from IMAP - please help new one in hopes of catching someone's attention that knows more about IMAP POP than I do I recently got a new laptop with Office and Outlook was set up with IMAP change back to POP from IMAP - please help is that the default I think this is my issue My issue is that emails are being deleted at random from my trash folder I think it might have been change back to POP from IMAP - please help because unbeknownst to me until this issue with Outlook message deletion was set up for possibly one day I've since changed that to the max of days via my ISP Comcast on the web Sometimes I need to go back to a deleted email and that's why I like to delete them individually at a later time Here is my original thread in case it's needed http www bleepingcomputer com forums t help-with-outlook- -and-trash-folder-deleting-emails-on-its-own I replied to a similar thread hoping someone would see that but so far no reply I realize it's only been a day but my original thread has been out there a little longer it's the questions within this thread that I'm now wondering about http www bleepingcomputer com forums t how-to-roll-back-from-imap-to-pop Thank you thank you for any help I need a bit more of an education of IMAP vs POP obviously I guess this is one way to get it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589693/change-back-to-pop-from-imap-please-help/
Relevancy 58.91%

It looks like I posted my issue POP from change to IMAP back in the wrong change back to POP from IMAP forum I'm going to copy paste it here Then can an admin delete the other one please here's the thread that's in the wrong forum http www change back to POP from IMAP bleepingcomputer com forums t change-back-to-pop-from-imap-please-help I'm hoping that my earlier thread has been ignored because I've been replying to it So I'm starting a new one in hopes of catching someone's attention that knows more about IMAP POP than I do edit this doesn't really apply any more now that I noticed my error I recently got a new laptop with Office and Outlook was set up with IMAP is that the default I think this is my issue My issue is that emails are being deleted at random from my trash folder I think it might have been because unbeknownst to me until this issue with Outlook message deletion was set up for possibly one day I've since changed that to the max of days via my ISP Comcast on the web Sometimes I need to go back to a deleted email and that's why I like to delete them individually at a later time Here is my original thread in case it's needed http www bleepingcomputer com forums t help-with-outlook- -and-trash-folder-deleting-emails-on-its-own I replied to a similar thread hoping someone would see that but so far no reply I realize it's only been a day but my original thread has been out there a little longer it's the questions within this thread that I'm now wondering about http www bleepingcomputer com forums t how-to-roll-back-from-imap-to-pop Thank you thank you for any help I need a bit more of an education of IMAP vs POP obviously I guess this is one way to get it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590044/change-back-to-pop-from-imap/
Relevancy 58.48%

So, I have been using Outlook 2010 with Exchange and a number of POP accounts. It is not unusual for me to change the FROM account to pick a different email address to show as the sender.

HOWEVER, I recently changed my gmail accounts from POP to IMAP and now, when I try to send as any of them, the outbound message stays stuck in my outbox.

Sending FROM an exchange email works fine and clears the outbox immediately
Sending FROM a POP email works fine and clears the outbox immediately
Sending FROM an IMAP email the message sticks in the outbox and never clears

Funny though (weird not haha) that when I test the account...
File > Account Settings > Change > Test Account Settings
THAT WORKS FINE!

But when I send using New E-mail, THAT MESSAGE STAYS STUCK in the outbox.

A:Send as IMAP account not clearing messages from OUTBOX.

Many times Outlook won't immediately send a new message but have to click the Send/Receive icon on the toolbar. I've seen a business desire to not send from Outlook until the end of the day and the last thing done was to click Send/Receive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/333761-send-imap-account-not-clearing-messages-outbox.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone I posted this on the email forum and did not get any replies I hope that I have better luck getting help here since this is also an Outlook issue The problem is that Outlook wants to Outlook set deliver In IMAP Outlook.PST Box to all to and to How email deliver IMAP email to a separate PST not the Outlook PST and also puts the email in separate In How to set Outlook to deliver all IMAP email to Outlook.PST and In Box Boxes I first encountered How to set Outlook to deliver all IMAP email to Outlook.PST and In Box this problem when I set up Outlook because the automatic configuration of my email accounts I have set the server to IMAP instead of POP which is what I had been using This would not have been a problem except that Outlook also created separate PST files and Outlook In Boxes for each account With POP I always had all of my email in the same In Box and Outlook PST which is what I prefer Now to the present problem I now have an iPhone and IMAP is a better way to manage email between devices my notebook PC and the iPhone So the problem is twofold How do I set up my new MobileMe IMAP account in Outlook to deliver email to the Outlook PST file and in the main In Box and How can I change my present Gmail POP accounts to IMAP and have them also delivered to the Outlook PST file and the main In Box Your assistance is greatly appreciated and recognized with appropriate quot rep quot Thank you for your consideration of my issue

A:How to set Outlook to deliver all IMAP email to Outlook.PST and In Box

Getting started with IMAP for Gmail - Gmail Help
hope this can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/97342-how-set-outlook-deliver-all-imap-email-outlook-pst-box.html