Windows Support Forum

how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

Q: how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

Anyone can tell me the way to change phone numbers to hyperlinks within a word document. I have a lot of phone numbers so I can't change them one by one. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-change-all-phone-numbers-to-hyperlinks-in-a-word-document.620175/
Relevancy 21.5%

My Friend has a HP Pavilion DV2000 Laptop. His display isn't work. Suddenly display gone. But I thought it could be Display problem not a VGA. So, i tried to connect an external monitor and used Shortcut keys to change the display. I pressed fu + F1 or Fu + F2 or Fu + F3 or Fu + F4 up-to F12. But no result.
I couldn't check whether it's a Display or VGA card problem. IS there any other way to check it. in addition to these is there any other combination keys to Change the display to an external monitor. I'm unable to check whether i get login or not. if I can login then i can use Windows Key + P. Then i can select mode. But I'm Unable to anything here. Please help me to find the problem and i have to take it to repairing shop.
Thanks in Advanced

A:Change display of laptop to external monitor

It should be the Fn + the key that shows a monitor symbol. If it still doesn't display, the motherboard video processor has failed, and not the LCD Panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-display-of-laptop-to-external-monitor.168817/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 27.95%

Angry!!!Last week I bought a mobile phone named HTM ?and the model of the phone is XH292W.

But when I receive this phone, it seems the quality is not good, although phone?s functions are complete,it has 5MP camera?1GHZ dual core? but it always delay to running.

I searched some info about it on the Internet. Someone said that the phone is producted by a OEM named Wingtech?But I never heard about this OEM . Do you know?

Now, I wanna returned goods.And buy other one.

Who can help me to recommend a mobilephone? Thanks a lot???

PS.Never buy HTM's mobilephone .

A:The HTM phone is really weak burst

What's HTM? Is that GrayHandset copy HTC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-htm-phone-is-really-weak-burst.200803/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've tried multiple smartphones over the past few months, but the more I use them, the more I hate them.

Phone: they have buttons on the side and front, so unless I hold the phone like some delicate photograph, the phone goes crazy with unwanted buttons pressed. Useless.

Web browsing: the screen is too small to read, even with reading glasses on. Useless.

Music: the battery dies after a few minutes of music. Useless.

Texting or email: the tiny keyboard is constantly hitting the wrong keys. Or sometimes, the autocorrect will change words I typed correctly. Nobody can figure out how to turn off autocorrect, including phone salesmen. Useless.

Battery life: the phones often die after being unplugged for an hour. Useless.

Glass surface: despite daily wiping, the glass looks greasy, encrusted with slime. It makes me hate looking at it or touching it.

Camera: the unwanted camera takes several unwanted pictures a day while I am trying to do other things.

So what should I do? If I get a non-smart phone, then people call me a geezer.

A:What phone should I get?

I'd call you a geezer after reading this post tbh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-phone-should-i-get.206577/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is my configuration:
GPU - ATI Radeon HD 5770
STOCK COOLER
MONITOR 1280X1024 4:3 Ratio
CPU - AMD FX-8320
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2.0
RAM - Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard Drive - Western Digital 1TB Blue SATA3
PSU - Thermaltake Smart SE 530W

Now, what should I buy:
1) New cooler - Probably the COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO
2) New GPU - any good suggestions?
3) New Monitor - any good suggestions?

I'm using it for video rendering and gaming.

A:What should I change on my PC with $250?

I would not worry about the CPU because it is a decent processor. The cooler I would not worry about unless you are overclocking the CPU. If you are then yes, get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. It will bring the temps down a good amount over the "Stock" cooler. I would suggest getting a monitor (something with Widescreen and 1920x1080 resolution). You could probably get a decent monitor for around $100 to $150, then look at getting a better graphics card. You may have to save a little extra money for the graphics card, but it will be worth it in the end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-change-on-my-pc-with-250.207425/
Relevancy 22.36%

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

A:DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 27.09%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 27.52%

Quick Facts:
Seattle has at least 10 cell phone theft cases daily, authorities say.
Prosecutors say thieves using cell phone buy-back kiosks.
Police say to write down IMEI number before your phone is stolen.
Phones with IMEI numbers reported stolen are useless to thieves.
READ MORE
My question is what if it don't have an IMEI number but a MEID number? Are they one in the same?

A:Cell phone thefts: How you can protect yourself

Found my answer http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-IMEI-or-MEID-Number-on-a-Mobile-Phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-thefts-how-you-can-protect-yourself.206623/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and the motherboard died, It's out of warrenty so I bought a Motherboard on ebay. The Bios Service Tag does not match the number on the bottom so I would like to chage it to the correct one. How can I do this?

I read about a DST CD = Dell Service Technician CD that has this option but I can't find one.

It's not a real important thing but when I use the Dell System ID application it reads the Bios Service tag and not the real system tag that Is registered to me.

A:How to change the Service Tag in a Dell Latitude D630 BIOS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19258463/19430485.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-service-tag-in-a-dell-latitude-d630-bios.165117/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 27.95%

Have to choose a new work phone but I have a hard time deciding ... Friend's Galaxy S5 and 8200 mah battery seems awesome so Apple and Microsoft are not up to my mind. Since the new phone is supposed to live with me for like 2 years, so..what's the average life span of Samsung phone?
Anyone have opinions? Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S5?

A:Need a phone to live with me for like 2 years

A smartphone can last for numerous years as long as you don't abuse it. It isn't a matter of lifespan since most phone hardware gets dated after 2-4 years and you are going to want an upgrade. It will still work even after the cell service is ended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-phone-to-live-with-me-for-like-2-years.205036/
Relevancy 18.92%

My laptop had headphones plugged in because I was watching a film but while I was in another room my laptop was knocked onto the floor around - ft drop change mic to a HD audio headphones Realtek port? port a manager, landing on the headphones jack the wire is fine but the ports completely broken I can see cracks and its loose and everything The laptop has Realtek HD audio manager and in my experience of this program on other desktops I ve had I was able to change Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? what port does what My laptop only has a headphones port and Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? a mic port and I would like to see if I can switch the mic port to be the headphones port because I never use an external mic however in Realteks audio manager I can t find out how to do this In pictures I ve seen on the internet there is a quot Device Advanced Settings quot button as seen in this picture http www vistax com attachments ealtek-hd-audio-driver-version-hd manager jpg but my program doesn t have this Do I need to download a newer version of the software or is it just not possible to change my mic port to be my headphone port I dont mind if I have to use third party software I just want it to tide me over till I can get it sent away Thanks for suggestions greatly appretiated nbsp

A:Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port?

I doubt very much if this will be possible. The mic and headphone ports are wired directly to the Audio section of the motherboard, there connections cannot be altered.

Your best bet is to get the damaged port repaired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-change-a-mic-port-to-a-headphones-port.166497/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, totally noob to phone networks. I am going to have a US version of Galaxy S5 and order an extra battery for it on mpj. Can I use both of them on overseas carriers? Thank you for any kindly help.

A:Can I use my phone on overseas network?

The specs shown here declare

Also known as Samsung GS 5
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
​General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

So yes, it is compatible with EU providers. Caution however; your current provider will bill you for roaming charges. When in Europe, I always buy a local SIM card and fund it with enough credit to last the trip - - that will also give you a local phone number. If you book theater events or need to call for reservations, they will be more likely to answer the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-on-overseas-network.201690/
Relevancy 27.95%

Good day mates! Quick question, what smart phone are you using for gaming? I use a Samsung S Duos and it seems fine to me. Getting rare delays and hangs but works good in my gaming. I play Kingdom of Legend and it runs smoothly in my phone. I can also play other games but I really liked this one because I don't get lags or any internet connections problems. Suggest me any phones and the price so I can budget things out lol.

Thanks in advance!

A:Games for smartphones? What is your phone?

Samsung GalaxyNote3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-for-smartphones-what-is-your-phone.201443/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I m relatively new to this new choosing phone Dilemma forums but chose to join to ask your thoughts and opinions regarding my situation My iphone s has come time for an upgrade and I absolutely refuse to get one of the new iphones to me they are bland boring and have no appeal other than the build quality So after some browsing and shopping I came to the conclusion on a few smartphones that I would like After constant research on each phone I couldn t come across Dilemma choosing new phone an actual decision so here I ask what you think I should do Do not limit choices due to price because that doesnt matter at the moment So here are my choices HTC one - I love the look of Dilemma choosing new phone the phone the feel of the phone Its sleek yet simple The thing stopping me from getting this is the fact that the new one is a few months away so the hardware is SOMEWHAT outdated I d be getting a phone for a year contract so I m stuck with whatever choice for two years Galaxy Note - I love the look the features and the S pen The S pen is sweet in my eyes I could see myself using that feature for so many things What I don t like is the size I feel as though people will see the phone and comment mock at the size calling it a tablet I also hear that samsung phones are slow or have bloatware Which I truly don t know what that is so if somebody may inform me that d be cool too Would I be able to fit this thing in my pocket would it be cumbersome On the plus side though I can go get this thing right now and not have to wait a few months Wait for HTC one two or one - I could wait for the sequel or the next HTC flagship The problem with this is nobody knows what the things supposed to look like and the quot RUMORED quot specifications aren t exactly too great The specifications are rumored to be about what the Galaxy Note s are Some speculate a new processor I m not sure Another downside is I d have to wait a couple months for it Wait for Samsung galaxy S - I could wait for the sequel or the next Samsung flagship type phone These are speculated to have a metal case etc etc However it wont have an S pen which I really would enjoy blah blah blah Well those are my choices and I ask you which you think would could be a best bet to last me Please don t offer any other phones I m definitely NOT getting a god forsaken iPhone Thanks nbsp

A:Dilemma choosing new phone

I'll add my 2cents

1) Seems there's always something nicer, better, faster on the horizon... my take: Unless you really know something is out in the next 30days or so I go for what I know instead of stressing on the "next thing"

2) I know several people who LOVE their Galaxy Note 3 - but their all women and have a purse to keep them in. I can't make your decision but you really need to weigh how much you really need/want the pen vs. convenience of a phone that slips into a shirt or pants pocket

p.s. that's why I went with the S4 instead of the Galaxy when I recently upgraded my own phone
p.p.s. I'm very happy with the S4 but will add I also bought and like the flip cover. I also know someone without the "S cover" - and their phone sometimes thinks the have the S cover and "blacks out" into the S cover phone screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dilemma-choosing-new-phone.199108/
Relevancy 88.15%

I need a smartphone that I can put a document with addresses and phone numbers on and the smartphone will hyperlink the number straight from the document.

I currently use iPhone 3gs and a app (Documents by Savy Soda) and it works: wifi doc to phone; open app; open doc; touch phone number and WaLa! it calls the number

I tried Windows phone thinking with Word and Excel on it, the phone would call from the document. NOT! I sent a file to a friend who has and Android phone and it won't do it either.

I'm not fond of Apple, so my question is:

IS THERE ANY PHONE OUT THERE THAT WILL HYPERLINK PHONE NUMBERS FROM A DOCUMENT?

Moderator note: drgerry, no need to shout.

A:Smartphone that will hyperlink phone numbers from document?

Stick with the iPhone then. But I know with Gmail if you open a doc with cell number on it will launch Android phone apk. I haven't tried that with Window smartphone with Gmail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-that-will-hyperlink-phone-numbers-from-document.200204/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all I have been playing around with my home network of late and noticed some surprising at least as far as I m concerned results For work I require a hardware VPN so I was using in Change routers bandwidth different with a Sonicwall TZ W as my firewall and a asus rt-n u as a access point because the TZ s wireless is pants With this my peak download rate was Mbps and upload Mbps I then bought a linksys E and flashed it with DD-WRT and used that instead of the Sonicwall as soon as I plugged it in I noticed a Mbps increase in my download rate Upload increase was neglible if any I then decided I wanted to change from having a firewall and AP to a all in one solution since there was no real need to have both so I bought a Asus RT-N U flashed it with DD-WRT Now this router is amazing Change in bandwidth with different routers and I can t rate it enough with DD-WRT it is off the charts Much to my surprise I now had a peak bandwidth of Mbps down and Mbps up which is what my ISP originally quoted me when I got the line The results from the RT-N U you could say is not surprising with it being a far superior router but the E vs a TZ I m confused somebody please enlighten me Oh and the setup on E and the Asus is Change in bandwidth with different routers identical Alastair nbsp

A:Change in bandwidth with different routers

My gut reaction is - - cudos to DD-WRT.
There are three factors for routers (especially when they get real busy):
clock speed of the processor
memory
the code/firmware

It is well known that DD-WRT is very good (read tight/small) and that allows the hardware (cpu + memory) to perform at its best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-in-bandwidth-with-different-routers.200644/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I can't find the settings for the CPU voltage in my BIOS. I know it's a H board, but can I lower my CPU voltage? If so how?

Thanks

A:Asus P8H77-V BIOS - how to change CPU voltage?

The H77 chipset does not allow you to alter CPU voltages. That can only be done on a Z77 motherboard/chipset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p8h77-v-bios-how-to-change-cpu-voltage.199096/
Relevancy 27.52%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 27.52%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 28.38%

Would anyone know if there's help on techspot for cell phones?

A:Cell Phone

Ask away. The worst that can happen is no one knows the answer but someone might. Not me necessarily but someone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone.196173/
Relevancy 21.93%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have 2 front 2 rear speaker. I have plugged in properly. But the speaker configuration doesn't change from 2 channel to 4 channel. My OS is win7 Ultimate. First,when my os was xp,it was working good and the channel was in 4 .After 7 installation,it doest change.Please Help me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-ac97-speaker-configuration.195668/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am using iphone5 currently what phone you are using.

Relevancy 22.36%

Can I change my laptop GPU? I have ASUS PRO5DIN with Intel Core2Duo T5870 2GHz and 4GB of RAM is there a way to change my GPU cuz its slow and I cant play a lot of games... My GPU is nVidia GeForce G102M ... Thx in advance ...

A:Can i change my laptop GPU?

Nikihak said:

Can I change my laptop GPU? I have ASUS PRO5DINClick to expand...

Give ASUS a call and ask what if anything they have available.

There are some Notebooks that allow GPU upgrades. Knowing which ones allow upgrades and the correct upgrades to use, is something you would need to ask the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-laptop-gpu.193670/
Relevancy 22.36%

I change CPU changed CPU a while ago from core to quad amd I broke one CPU change of the pins in the old core mother board does support new cpu ever since I have been getting a error with AMD display drivers and I kept getting checkski errors and blue screen of death did also happen prior to CPU change I reinstalled windows again from install disc and things went well I updated AMD drivers as well the computer is my sisters and she has brought it back to me the old Hard drive I think was CPU change on it s way out so I have replaced it with a brandnew one now I can t even install windows from install disc it will get from - and then the screen will go black and nothing will happen I have also had checkski blue screen CPU change and error of display drivers even though it is a brand new hard drive with nothing on it am I right in saying it might be a mother board or graphics card hardware issue if I update the bios will this help I am not sure what version of the bios to update if this is the case please see web page with mother board driver http www asrock com mb download asp Model N -S UCC amp o All or should I take the graphic card out then try and install windows with integrated graphics of the mother board I am really at a lose any help would be appreciated the main error seems to be the graphic driver display many thanks in advance steven nbsp

A:CPU change

Are you doing a clean and thorough uninstall / re-install of graphic drivers? If done incorrectly it can create all sorts of graphical anomalies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-change.190789/
Relevancy 21.5%

Guys, a netbook with this config
pro:Intel atom 1.46ghz
Ram:1 gb ddr3
can run ms office 2007 or10 or13 easily without hanging up in middle of work and BIG PDF files also.For example netbook here is one:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-10-...Windows/dp/B001GZC8K8/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url
Thanks

A:Can a netbook run MS Word 2007-13 easily?

You would need to define exactly what you mean by big files.

I would say yes as Office 2010 is installed on one of our Netbooks, but that really depend on just how big a file you are referring to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-netbook-run-ms-word-2007-13-easily.190257/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 21.93%

Please let me know I like the amd brand and cant afford much but would like to make it better if I can and if I can change it what can I put in it the mother board is a MCP61SM2MA gateway is the manufaturer bios name is phoenix-award workstation bios v6.00pg the processor is a AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 4000+ the CPU id is AMD64 family 15 Model 95 stepping 3 the socket designation is a socket AM2 if you need any more let me know

A:I have an eMachines T3642 and need to know if I can change the processor

Is it this motherboard you have? If so it shows a few CPU's that are dual core you could use.
Foxconn MCP61SM2MA-ERS2H processor support

Check out the support list from Foxconn
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Brisbane 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADO4600IAA5DO for $28.99.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-an-emachines-t3642-and-need-to-know-if-i-can-change-the-processor.185275/
Relevancy 28.38%

My zte n290 phone wont turn on. As the power button is pressed the loading bar comes up(loads up by % 1-100) and then the phone turns off.I think it had to do with the Uart 2 settings in the engineer menu when it was set to uart 2.

A:Phone won't turn on

Can you 'reset the device'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phone-wont-turn-on.185291/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there.

So, I'm buying a phone. Details aside, I've found these two for ?30 at a local retailer:

Vodafone 858 Smart
ZTE Xiang
These are each one's specs shown in a comparison:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3955&idPhone2=3112#results

and another one:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id1=588&id2=1993&id3=2874&del_id=588

From what I understand here, it's tough really. For a start, I really like the keyboard aspect of the Xiang, on the other hand everyone is buying phones like the Vodafone, and Android is another bonus. I'm asking for your help. I'm just that average young guy who communicates and uses the Internet a lot, and games as well, but because of school I'd like to be able to work as well. Can your recommend me the best one in your opinion?

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-new-phone.183704/
Relevancy 21.93%

So here is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer graphics gaming change want for I my card to IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex I want to change my graphics card for gaming Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition I want to change my graphics card for gaming Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB I want to change my graphics card for gaming Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Device Disk DriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Optical DriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK So my budget is around and my friend told me to change my g c to or ti so im not sure if my computer support it or wat and do I need to change anything to play games such as SC D Skyrim and etc Thank you nbsp

A:I want to change my graphics card for gaming

What is your Psu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-change-my-graphics-card-for-gaming.183286/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I have just ordered my computer which will arrive in a few days but I would like to change the graphics card to something more powerful when I recieve the PC My specs are Motherboard UNKNOWN that s the problem CPU AMD Bulldozer FX- -- Quad Core Hz -- Overclocked to GHz GFX Card ATI Radeon HD GB RAM GB Crucial Ballistic Mhz DDR Hard Drive GB I do not know the power supply s wattage or the motherboard as the seller did not specify these and I haven t got the PC yet I would like to replace the graphics card to either a change able graphics I card? to Am my ASUS NVIDIA GTX TI PCI-E Graphics Card Am I able to change my graphics card? - GB or SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD GHz Edition PCI-e Graphics Card - GB Now I am very new to gaming on computers I know how to replace the graphics card but I do not know whether it will fit in the slots or whether it is compatible for my power supply Can anybody help me out by telling my what slots Am I able to change my graphics card? the motherboard needs to have and what the minimum power supply I need for those card is so that I can change it if necessary Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Am I able to change my graphics card?

Well if the system has a 6670 in it already then the motherboard has a PCI-E slot so either the 550Ti or 7770 you picked will be compatible. You need to find the model and wattage of the PSU first though, to make sure the new GPU is getting enough power.

Just curious but why did you decide to buy that system if you were intending to change the graphics card? The mobo and PSU may be of questionable quality so you would have been better off choosing and assembling your own components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-able-to-change-my-graphics-card.182408/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys,

I got an old Samsung M580 Replenish but I set a password on it. My new phone broke and I need to unlock this phone to use it again but I forgot the password. Does anyone know of a software or any way I can hack back into my old phone?

Thanks guys!

A:Hacking an Andriod Phone

There is no hacking needed. Just put the phone through a hard reset. I have added a link on how to do it with a Samsung M580 Replenish.
Hard Reset Samsung Replenish

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hacking-an-andriod-phone.181376/
Relevancy 21.07%

hi all got a post further down explaining lcd cable was no good so got another plugged it all on but now nothing coming on is there any button or anything i can do or is it another bad cable

A:Compaq Presario CQ61 screen LCD cable change but not working

hi all as in previous tpost further down i explained screen comes on fully when little movement of lcd cable just where it plugs to mother board so got another wire but does same thing so now know it wasnt wire so thinking what inverter or lcd backlight please help as i do not want to buy 1 then its the other is the only way finding out by buying part and testing. thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-cq61-screen-lcd-cable-change-but-not-working.178178/
Relevancy 27.95%

My cellphone is experiencing something I don't know about.

When it is open, sooner or later it lights up again. I check whether it is a message, but no. It is just turning on.

A:My cell phone problem

I'd say Google using your phone's make and model and problem you're experiencing as the keywords. Depends on the popularity of your phone, you might be able to find forums dedicated to it.

Have you tried resetting your phone or update the firmware to see if the problem goes away? Or taking the battery out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cell-phone-problem.179363/
Relevancy 21.93%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 21.93%

hi !, i am running a system with intel core 2 duo processor and gigabyte motherboard. In my BIOS the first boot device is HDD, now i want to change that to CD/DVD, but i cant change them...

after entering Advanced BIOS settings -> Hard disk boot Priority [Press Enter]

but when i press enter it is showing the order, but those are disabled, i tried +, -, pu, pd but they didn't work. Does any one know the solution...?

A:How can I change my boot order

You're looking at the wrong item. Go down one line until you see "First Boot Device." Change that to the appropriate CDROM device. You can also set the second and third boot device if you wish. What you are doing now is choosing which hard drive (and hard drives only) will boot ahead of the other hard drives. So if your hard drive is selected as the second boot device, this will tell the system which hard drive to look at first. That is, if you had more than one. If you only have one hard drive, that would be unnecessary.

You may also press F12 to temporarily change the boot order for that one time only without entering the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-my-boot-order.174511/
Relevancy 21.5%

I just try to install KOMPUTERBAY 1GB DDR DIMM (184 PIN) 400Mhz PC3200 DDR400 DESKTOP MEMORY on a EMachine T3120. With 2 sticks of mem, it started beeping and it would not boot. With one stick it will boot but after a few seconds it will go to the Blue Screen of Death.

When I replaced the 512mb ram original it all went back to normal. I thought I had the wrong RAM since it look different from the old (see attached picture) but I was told I might had to do something to the BIOS. Any ideas?

A:How to change BIOS to accept new RAM on a eMachine T3120

Your're gonna have to look for a long time... It is time to change out of that eMachine into something you can learn on, and enjoy. The life expectancy of eMachines among our clients has been very short.
There isn't anybody at eMachines that can help you on this issue either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-bios-to-accept-new-ram-on-a-emachine-t3120.176827/
Relevancy 16.34%

I once ran across a simple UI item that allowed me to change LOCAL CONNECTION 2 to LOCAL CONNECTION.

RESOLVED. Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on the icon for the active connection. Change THAT name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-local-net-2-to-local-net.172565/
Relevancy 22.36%

If you could upgrade 1 thing in my system, what would it be?

A:What would you change about my system?

I will be getting a new PSU. I would use a 9800GT 1GB and then a HD 6950/6970.

Maybe my CPU and motherboard, and with that also my DVD Drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-change-about-my-system.171871/
Relevancy 27.52%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys!

Recently, my laptop (Compaq Presario CQ50) battery passed away and unfortunately, the day after, the same thing happened to my AC adapter. Actually, the adapter itself works perfectly, except for the socket inside the laptop.

It seems this part is loose and no power can now reach my laptop. I don't care running my laptop only plugged to the wall outlet since I'm using it only in the living room. It's old and the replacement battery is quite expensive (I could not charge the battery without a working ac adapter anyways).

I was wondering if it was possible to buy only the socket and also how to replace it?

Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-repair-change-the-ac-adapter-socket.171148/
Relevancy 27.09%

Please i don t know wat s wrong with my windows ultimate i have been enjoying it peacefully sorry if i opened this thread in the wrong section the board is so wide so i just felt if i might get some help cause i got this wonderful site on google so i normally use my nokia n to connect to the internet via external bluetooth but some few days ago a friend gave me a usb mouse nd i installed it in the same port where the usb bluetooth was installed but surprisingly after using it nd inserting my usb bluetooth back The problem started nd dis have happened to me once when i was using win basic nd i formatted Problem with USB the Bluetooth of connecting my use external phone n70 my pc but i don t wanna do dat anymore i want to find the solution to the problem surprisingly my nokiapc suite no longer Problem connecting my n70 phone with the use of external USB Bluetooth see my modem i now have to remove the modem from the pc Uninstall the bluetooth from device manager nd even deleted the pairing with my fone then inserted back the bluetooth During installation of the bluetooth the blueetooth peripheral device wasn t installed successfully But it s normal nd my modem worked like that before then after installation i now tried to add my n device via the bluetooth But my modem isn t detected after the adding Please i really need some help cos am messed up ryt nw Pls if u need money to help me out Indicate Thanx sobs nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-my-n70-phone-with-the-use-of-external-usb-bluetooth.170161/
Relevancy 21.07%

hi got a question i have a video card withe 4332mb
the problem is it Shared Memory of 2559 MB

this gives me alot of problems withe gaming and i realy would like to change this
is there a way to change the Shared Memory to dedicated memory?
this would realy help

A:Got a video card with 4332MB memory (2559MB shared). Can I change this?

Could you provide the details of your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-a-video-card-with-4332mb-memory-2559mb-shared-can-i-change-this.169191/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a little 10-inch laptop for schoolwork and browsing, not gaming or anything intense like that.
Looking for what recommended minimum specs I should be on the lookout for.

I'm considering this little Samsung 10.1" Netbook featuring Intel Atom N455 Processor (N145)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...l-atom-n455-processor-n145-n145/10161401.aspx

My local pc folks are selling it for $400 CAD tax included, including $73 upgrade from 1G ram to 4G.
Good price?

I'd rather buy from a local store than purchase online, if not for reliability of purchase and continued support options.

A:Recommended specs for a word processing notebook?

What is the ratio between Canada and US when it comes to money? According to that link the system is on sale until 8/11 for $219.00.

The biggest issues for me would be that the Best Buy offer only has a) Windows 7 Starter installed; not even Home Premium, b) no need for 4 gigs if the operating system is only 32-bit because only a 64-bit OS will utilize 4 gigs and more RAM, c) the Intel Atom is slow.

So, IMO, it isn't worth $400 locally as is and again no need for 4 gigs if the OS is 32-bit. Shop around more and search for a Lenovo x120e system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-specs-for-a-word-processing-notebook.169065/
Relevancy 27.09%

Tyring to figure out for friend (for real, a friend):

He runs no landlines nor DSL/Cable Modems only connects through this Tmobile personal Hotspot through his MyTouch 4G.

Just purchased new Blu-Ray with all the bells and whistles requiring internet connectivity, either Cat5 or Wi-Fi (with additional Adapator, yet acquired).

Wants to create access however for Blu-Ray (and possibly printer) utlizing Hotspot and Cat 5 connectivity. Which type of equipment, least cost, known ease of use under this type of access/provider)

Thanks for any insights. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t-mobile-phone-hotspot-blu-ray-wireless-connectivity.169012/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, in a different thread archean recommended that I make sure that there is reasonable free space in the OS partition. How do I know what size it is and if I need to make it bigger? As you can see I know very little about computers.

My hard drive has 59.3 gigabytes free and 84.9 gigabytes used.

A:How big should my OS partition be and how do I change it

I think it's fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-big-should-my-os-partition-be-and-how-do-i-change-it.167760/
Relevancy 27.95%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 motherboard MA785GM-USTH. I have tried several times to set the BIOS to boot first from a cd/dvd. It does not change the boot order. I continues to boot from my hard drive. I want to boot from a UBUNTU CD and I can't. Can someone help?

A:My Gigabyte BIOS won't change the boot order

My short answer here to this, is that it sounds like your BIOS needs a swift kick in the pants! Maybe the BIOS just needs a jump start, maybe to get things back on track. This is just a real quick little fix, if it works.

1. Remove the computer from power, unplug the power cord from the power supply.

2. Take the side panel off your computer case, exposing the guts of the machine.

3. Look for the motherboard, then look for a small shiny chrome colored battery.

4. Remove that chrome colored battery off the motherboard.

5. With the battery removed, take your hand and press the (power) button on the front of the case.

6. Keep that button depressed and or pushed for approx. 30 to 40 seconds, while your computer BIOS is drained of it's power and hopefully it's current setting.

7. Let off the (power) button, replace the chrome battery back onto the motherboard, replace the side panel of the case and reconnect the computer power cord to the back of the power supply.

Now turn on your computer and see if that helped take care of some things! Again, this is just one of those quick fixes that may or may not always work.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-gigabyte-bios-wont-change-the-boot-order.164757/
Relevancy 27.09%

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places. didn't do a heavy duty job, I just want it to stay in place till I can get my hands on the right stuff. Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?

Also, when I replaced my digitizer sometimes the screen is unresponsive. It works about 95% of the time but I would like it to work 100% of the time.

I have the LG quantum C900 if anyone needs to know.

A:Replaced my digitizer in my smart phone, need special glue

yRaz said:

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places.Click to expand...

Do you know what happens to Styrofoam when you put a drop of Super-Glue on it ?

yRaz said:

Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?Click to expand...

I don't know what they use on mobile phones however the electrician whom I took my *shower proof* battery powered shaver to, for a replacement battery. Said that stuff was just 'nothing more than hot melt glue' see HMA wiki-link here

If you don't have a *Hot Melt Glue Gun* you don't know what your life is missing :haha:_

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-my-digitizer-in-my-smart-phone-need-special-glue.164531/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.

A:Can I use my phone to make my Internet even faster?

treetops said:

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.Click to expand...

???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-to-make-my-internet-even-faster.164630/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi!

So I was wondering, is it possible to change my laptops graphics card to a better one?

And then I also was wondering what I can do to make it faster? -I'm going to change the hdd to a 96Gb Kingston SSD HDD and I'm also going to get 2Gb more ram but what else can I do?

"My laptop"
thx 4 any advice!

A:Is it possible to change my laptop's graphics card?

Well I doubt you can get a mobile gpu off the shelf(I have never heard of it).
BTW you might as well consider buying a new laptop....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-change-my-laptops-graphics-card.164658/
Relevancy 27.52%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 21.5%

My computer currently has an AMD V140 processor (Single Core) that runs at 25 Watts. I want to upgrade it to a Turion II (Dual core) that runs at 35 Watts. I want to know if this will be a problem especially since I am running a Toshiba, Which are known to run a little on the hot side to start with

A:AMD processor upgrade - large wattage change question

Have you checked that the motherboard is compatible with a dual core processor. An additional 10 Watts should not be a problem but the extra heat might be although that may be overcome by using a cooling pad.

What is the model of the PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-upgrade-large-wattage-change-question.164027/
Relevancy 28.38%

so i am going to buy a phone pretty soon . and i was thinking for

samsung galaxy 3 or samsung galaxy pop .

so as galaxy pop is much cheaper and almost has the same features as galaxy 3 .

but for most of the review i read on the net it says that galaxy pop has horrible battery life . so is the battery really so bad . ?

so which phone should i buy ? galaxy 3 or galaxy pop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-phone-should-i-buy.163679/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have not been one to ask for help to get my PC out of trouble and I am new to this forum I have built a handful or two of PC s over the years I have a Dell Inspiron laptop which started Dell change Inspiron 9100 laptop video random characters - - tracing at having random video issues such as video traces and random pixel change then I noticed random characters flickering or appearing on the text in my BIOS even with my harddrive removed I am not completely familiar with character mapping and if this could be a VIDEO CARD issue but I suspected it was a BIOS VIRUS SInce I could not flash the BIOS without Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random having Power connected AND a good battery in the unit I shelled out bucks to buy a new battery I flashed the BIOS to the latest ver but I am still having the same problem I have seen video failures before but not like this I performed a bootscan with Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random AVAST afterwords but no dice As far as I know the only hardware quot virus s can effect quot are the HD and BIOS Once again while I am looking at a page in the BIOS I see letters being replaced by other characters and the longer I am on that page it becomes unreadable Sounds like a Virus to me OR could it just be I need to replace the VIDEO card Dell Inspiron laptop Mb ATI Mobility Radeon Windows XP and THANKS FOR ANY HELP xxxx nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop - video tracing - characters change at random

Welcome to TechSpot! Your thread is better suited to the Windows OS or Hardware forum, so I m going to ask the moderator to move it. I hope you subscribed to the thread because we don't email the reply.

If I had to give you a quick answer, I's suggest replacing the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9100-laptop-video-tracing-characters-change-at-random.162078/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I had been away from here for a while. I'm back with a problem. I would like to know how can I unlock GSM phone by myself??

The model: HAUWEI G2010
IME: 354093041304731

Hope I can get your help soon,

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-gsm-phone.163542/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Toshiba 1.5TB External HD, I could not find a power supply for it soI did the next best thing and transferred it into a Samsung 3G case. I can get into the drive, the Properties show that -500gigs is utilised, but I cannot see any files. How do I access the drive and be able to see my files?

Has anyone had this problem, and know how to solve it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-case-change-and-cannot-see-my-files.162215/
Relevancy 33.11%

I was having some trouble with my graphics card and borrowed one to test from a friend, the thing is after i checked the Windows Indexing numbers i was surprised to see the 'smaller memory' card had a higher score and wanted to know how the scores are marked on the graphics side.

My card is a ASUS EAH 4350 1Gb Silent card and had a Graphics score of 3.8 and a Gaming Graphics score of 5.8

Friends card is nVidia Geforce 8600 GT 256MB and has a Graphics score of 5.9 and a Gaming Graphics score of 6.4

I thought mine having larger memory would of been a higher score but apparently not?

A:Win 7 indexing graphics numbers

memory is only a part of the card more is not always better the other card is better overall for gaming imo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-indexing-graphics-numbers.160134/
Relevancy 27.95%

so heres my network setup...one modem/router (provided by my ISP) , it does not have wifi so i have another wifi router ....an ethernet cable from the isp modem is connected to the WAN port of the wifi router...both DHCPs enabled and all my network clients are connected to the wifi router...everything works flawlessly but my phone, (Sony Ericsson W960)....youtube doesnt work when i use this network setup...but if i make the wifi router act simply as a switch, then youtube works on my phone...any idea why this is happening? i want to use the setup that i have because it gives me greater control over the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-not-working-on-phone.159413/
Relevancy 28.38%

ok i have agreat pc the only problem is that i want to send faxes to the pc and my pc doesnt have a phone jack noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! bumer. well that sucks so i thought were or better what could i do to solve this problem. i vr tried looking at efax but im not sure i could send the fax from the fax itself to the email adress, so what should i do i have a dsl modem is there a way i could use this to solve my problem??

A:Fax to pc without phone jack

...my pc doesnt have a phone jack...Click to expand...

That just means it doesn't have a modem card. Have you considered getting one? They're very inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fax-to-pc-without-phone-jack.159357/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi all i dont have much knowlegde of computing but was wondering if it is possible to change my s prosavage ddr graphics card so i can do more than what i can at present on my desktop I know my computer is nearly years old but i like it and it has never let me down i cant afford a new one at the moment so I recently increased memory to GB and my motherboard can support Gb so i Shall have GB within days Below is some info for anyone that can asisst me Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English S3 DDR ProSavage my Change United Kingdom Processor a gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte Change my S3 ProSavage DDR secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space MATSHITA Change my S3 ProSavage DDR CD-RW CW- Optical drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive IN-WIN iAPP CF USB Device Hard drive -- drive IN-WIN iAPP MS USB Device Hard drive -- drive IN-WIN iAPP SM USB Device Hard drive -- drive IN-WIN iAPP MMC SD USB Device Hard drive -- drive ST A Hard drive GB -- drive s n JV MAE rev SMART Status Healthy System Model Time Computers KM - Enclosure Type Desktop Main Circuit Board b Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Memory Modules c d Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot A is Empty Slot A has MB Local Drive Volumes c FAT on drive GB GB free Network Drives None discovered Printers Lexmark Series on USB Lexmark Print- -Fax Printer on LexmarkFax Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Send To Microsoft OneNote Driver on Send To Microsoft OneNote Port Display S Graphics ProSavageDDR Display adapter AOC Monitor quot vis August Multimedia Realtek AC Audio for VIA R Audio Controller new Group Policies None discovered Other Devices MSI Micro-Star Motherboard MS- Please see below for the Memory RAM upgrade options available for the MSI Micro-Star Motherboard MS- Memory Details for the MSI Micro-Star Motherboard MS- Standard Memory MB or MB Removable Maximum Memory GB Total Memory Slots Memory Type -Pin PC MHz DIMM Notes nbsp

A:Change my S3 ProSavage DDR

Appears that your video is onboard, and that your board has an AGP graphics slot.

So you could theoretically purchase an AGP card to replace it. These are the supported types:
Supports AGP 2.0 1x/2x/4x

This is a quick search on Newegg, just make sure you stick to ones that have 4x, not ones that are exclusively 8x. You can probably search online elsewhere as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600007850&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Pagesize=100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-my-s3-prosavage-ddr.159102/
Relevancy 21.5%

Dear All member of Techspot and moderators.

Recently, My computer is starting change time and dates
1st day before Normal computer use: work, homework, play, Yehhh! <expression>
2nd day, when I turn on the computer, it show me today is "March 13, 2014. 3PM"
Time and Date is wrong. I manually change correct time.
3rd day, the computer change its time and day again, fix it manually.
Basically I do 2nd and 3rd repeatly.

I researched about this problem: I might need change the battery.

However, I really want to know what is the most important thing to do before I replace the battery. Do I need back up all my saved data in computer ?
Also, what if I do not replace the battery ? I mean what is the worst situation.

From
neowing.

A:My computer constantly change time and date - question

Your bios setting will get reset, when you change the cmos batterry.

Take note of the setting, before changing the battery.

Your data on the harddrive will not be affected, by a battery change.

I always thought that a weak/dying battery caused reset to factory setting. March 2014 ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-constantly-change-time-and-date-question.157832/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have just attempted to swap a hard drive from my dell to a compaq that someone gave me. When I power on the computer that the hard drive is in I get a blank screen. Did I do something wrong? Please help.

A:Hard drive change

Hi wcheard,

Welcome to Techspot!
Sometimes when you swap a hard drive over to another PC it doesnt like the hardware change.

Try the following:
Remove the HDD from the Compaq and re-boot the pc. Even though the HDD is missing you should still get a picture on the screen.
If you DONT get a picture with the HDD removed the the Compaq either has a) a faulty mobo OR b) there may a problem with the graphics card. This all dpeends if you have a graphics card installed or if you are using onboard VGA.

Hope this helps

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-change.156920/
Relevancy 22.36%

how di i convert hdd space into ram, i have a 1tb internal hdd, 3 gb RAM, and windoes 7 and a core quad prossessor

A:Change HDD space to RAM?

Watch this youtube video, Optimize Operating System Paging File on Windows 7 | Faster 7 Part 11 . This will show you step by step on what to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-hdd-space-to-ram.156323/
Relevancy 27.95%

With proliferation of internet phones, does anybody have any idea how HyperTerminal used via dial-up through a traditional land line can be done with these new internet phone?

A:Using HyperTerminal over Internet phone

hmm; I think there's a problem with the concept.

Hyper Terminal is like Telnet; it accesses a shell account at the remote site.

*IF* a remote site would still have modems AND allow dial-in access, then one might
be able to make this work and your question then gets solved on the smartphone with the right App.

I think the premise is not very probable any longer - - who allows dial-in when 99.9% of the world is not DSL or Cable connected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-hyperterminal-over-internet-phone.156163/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

i have recovered some of my deleted videos with a recovery software but most of the filles can't oppen with any of the palyers that i have down load even down load the codec pack but still not working.. need a help on this as these videos are very important !!!!!!!!

A:Some videos I have recovered from my phone is not working!

A file doesn't get permanently destroyed and eradicated from your memory by simply deleting it from the directory structure. Instead, it is kept safe in a free memory area, stored in case you change your mind and need your file back. What gets deleted is the link pointing towards the file, so if you would compare a file to a book page, deleting the file does not tear the page out of the book, but rather deletes the page's index from the table of contents, represented by the file system here.

Still, your hard disk space is not infinite, so eventually the space your deleted files gets crammed into will fill up and no more "closet" space will be available. What the operating system does in such a case is overwrite the old deleted files with newer deleted files, so there's a certain time limit in which you could recover your lost data. For example, if you deleted a file from your hard drive a year ago, the chances are slim that you'll find it intact

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-videos-i-have-recovered-from-my-phone-is-not-working.155936/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a new Medion Akoya P7360 (MD 8855) PC running Windows 7. I have been using Skype, and on one call my cousin couldn't stop laughing, he said I sounded like I'd been breathing in helium! I eventually pinned it down and discovered that it happens every time the PC goes into Sleep mode. After power-up, I can ring the Skype Call Testing Service (echo test) and it echoes back my message perfectly. If I put my PC into Sleep Mode (or allow it to do it automatically) then revive it, it raises the pitch of the microphone by about 5 semitones. I have tried a USB Phone, and this sounded OK. The only way I can resolve it at the moment is to re-boot the PC. I'm at a loss to think what the problem could be. I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers. Anybody got any ideas?

Fred

A:Weird audio pitch change on Realtek HD Audio

have you tried another microphone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-audio-pitch-change-on-realtek-hd-audio.153030/
Relevancy 32.25%

It took me all day to figure it out but I finally got my printer to share from my PC to my Macbook...but the only problem now is that when I print from my Macbook my printer just prints out random strings - letters and numbers. It also will just constantly spew out these pages - it doesn't stop unless I cancel the print. Doesn't matter what I print. I read on another forum that it might be related to missing fonts, but I can't verify this. Any ideas?

I have an HP Photosmart All-in-One C4200 series printer.
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

A:Printer printing random letters and numbers

1. Did you follow the printer and software installation instructions exactly?
See here... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00876721&lc=en&cc=us&product=3192753&dlc=en

2. Are you certain your macbook meets the hardware specs?
See here... http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06a/18972-18972-238444-421635-410635-3192751.html

3. Have you tried their online support?
I recently had an issue with a psc1315 and their online "chat" support walked me through in short order.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-printing-random-letters-and-numbers.153497/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I play alot of fps games. I was thinking of using my phone to connect to the internet on my laptop when im on the move. But my data plan is only 500mb. How much bandwidth do games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 use typically. I'm talking just unmodded vanilla servers. Will the 500mb be sufficient to play games on the odd occasion? Please note I rarely if ever use any of it on my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-phone-for-online-games.153514/
Relevancy 21.93%

for some reason i am having sound issues inside games like team fortress wich are related to having set speaker settings to surround sound when using stero speakers im using head phones windows XP I try to change the settings to headphones but the problem persists here is what happens when i change the setting in lt windows gt control panel gt sound from to headphones then return to the menu it has change back from maybe settings, malware? will change audio OS not headphones to this problem started about days ago all i want is stereo sound I also suspect that the IDT audio OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware? program which is not starting on startup anymore may also be a problem but i can still run it from control panel its also possible that some options in the IDT program like quot headphone virtualization support quot which i cant remember if i changed recently are the problem I know very little about audio software i cant hear windows sounds either right now but i can hear most of a Cd i have in the Cd rom but it cuts out a bit just rebooted and there is not Audio at all windows can no longer see any audio devices on device manager MICROSOFT WINMM wdm audioo compatibility Driver is quot not working properly quot quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device quot did a system restore i have sound but not system sound will do the normal maintence and check back here to see if anyone has any suggestions nbsp

A:OS will not change audio settings, maybe malware?

See if this helps Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/os-will-not-change-audio-settings-maybe-malware.152368/
Relevancy 21.5%

I want to make my IDE the primary hard drive and SATA the secondary. By default windows selects the SATA but I have issues with partitions and I want to use the IDE instead.
In my advanced features bios I am given three boot devices to choose as I will, but if I want to boot from a hard drive it doesn't give me a choice so it selects primary device being the SATA.
The standard cmos features show the SATA on channel 0 master and i'm given three options - none, auto and manual. Nowhere do I see an option to change the IDE to primary. How do I do this?
I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l mobo

A:Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

In the Advanced BIOS Features you have First boot device; Second boot device; Third boot device. Take a look at the item just above those: Hard Disk Boot Priority

Highlight it and press "Enter." You should see all your hard drives listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-change-boot-disc-priority-in-gigabyte-bios.151847/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey, I've got O2 Home Broadband and it comes through my phone line via a DSL cable which plugs into my router which is downstairs in the kitchen.I also have a phone line in my bedroom where I am now, and I was thinking if I brought the router upstairs in my bedroom and plugged the DSL cable into the phone line and into the router up here would I still have an internet connection? both phone plugs are on the same phone line with the same phone number, I'm hoping to have a wired connection to my PS3 as I've been having some connectivity issues lately.

If I've confused you

-I've got a router downstairs, internet comes through DSL (Phone line to router)
-Bring router upstairs, plug it into phone line up here
-Still get a connection?

A:I get O2 broadband through DSL (phone line)

As long as the phone line in the bedroom is an extension of the phone line downstairs, or the other way around your fine.

Remember you need a DSL filter in each phone line (which should already be fitted). So if your moving the modem/router upstairs, but leaving the phone line plugged in downstairs, you must connect the phone via the DSL filter.

So:

Downstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > Telephone plug

Upstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > modem/router (and phone if your connecting one too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-o2-broadband-through-dsl-phone-line.151341/
Relevancy 27.09%

Using Windows XP Home and a Motorola RAZR phone camera I have an older RAZR and a new one I just bought With the older phone Sending pictures to my desktop as an attachment to an email Each picture shows up in the email with it s own number name under the picture e g - - I Problem sending to pictures from desktop phone download the pic to My Documents then I use Open With gt Photoimprission and all is well With the new phone In the phone each pic has a number name When the pics show up in the email there is no number instead under every pic it says Preview If I change the name I can download multiple pics to My Documents When I use Open With gt Photoimpression Photoimpression opens but the pic does not show up The problem is with the new RAZR I removed the battery amp sim from the new phone put them in the old phone and it works fine nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-sending-pictures-from-phone-to-desktop.149391/
Relevancy 21.93%

I got this old emachine et 1161-01 with geforce 6150se already attached to it, and recently i have had some problems with games and videos. I am not a computer person, so i have no clue what my computer's motherboard can hold up to. does anyone have some idea what kind of graphic card i can buy with price less than $100 and has good quality? because i am a college student, and i am short on money.

A:Wanting to change graphic card

From what I could find it seems that the eMachines ET1161-01 has a PCI-Ex16 slot.

I would recommend the XFX HD 4770 but it would cost about $112 including shipping.

If that's beyond your budget, the Radeon HD 4670 would also do fine.

NOTE: You will have to change your power supply in order to be able to use either of the cards mentioned. A good 400W PSU, like the Corsair 400CX, should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-change-graphic-card.148723/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

I have a problem. In MSI Afterburner even when I enable the voltage control and restart I can't enter a voltage or use the slider. Does anyone know what my problem is? I am using the latest afterburner 1.5.1 and nvidia forceware 186.18.

A:Can't change GTX 260 voltage

Why are you changing the voltage anyway. Unless you're watercooling your card you definately shouldnt be doing that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-gtx-260-voltage.146026/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have looked everywhere and i cannot find a way to change the static ip on the gateway itself. I need to change it because some kid with a botnet loves to hit my ip, and i have no way to defend against it, because it is a static ip. I have called att, they wont change it. i seem to remember a while back when i had a gateway, and the public ip would change with every reboot of the gateway.
what can i do?

A:How can I change public ip on 2Wire 3800HGV-B?

1) Do you have dynamic or static IP service from ATT? If really do have have static IP from ATT then they are the only ones who assign it.. and they are the only ones who control it. Nothing you can do if they don't do it

2) What kind of problems? The router firewall should block any access/attacks

/* edit */
And you are aware you pay "extra" to ATT for a static IP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-public-ip-on-2wire-3800hgv-b.145986/
Relevancy 27.09%

Okay, so my friend has a prepaid cellphone from Virgin Mobile.

Sometimes we'll be having a conversation, and then something happens with the phone service or whatever, and I get the same text message maybe 20 times over the course of 5 hours or so, and during that time she can't receive any texts from me.

Then after a while, it goes back to normal, and her phone gets a flood of texts that I sent over the past few hours.
What the heck is going on?
Why does this happen?
Can we do anything to fix it?

I'm not so sure how cellphone SMS messages work exactly, so I would love some more information.
Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

A:Virgin Mobile phone sends same text message over and over again

Did you check with Virgin Mobile?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help-support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-mobile-phone-sends-same-text-message-over-and-over-again.145345/
Relevancy 22.36%

Tipster advised me to,"Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto."
I recently bought a new router--Netgear WNDR3700.
I'm running Vista Home 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800-01e and thought that I could change the setting by going to Control Panel, then Device Manager---but there seems to be no way to change the NIC speed there.
Am I on the wrong track?
I'm curious to know why it's better to change the NIC speed to 1000Mbps, rather than letting Windows choose?
Looking to learn--not doubting the advice.

A:How can I change NIC speed?

Manikle said:

Tipster advised me to,"Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto."
I recently bought a new router--Netgear WNDR3700.
I'm running Vista Home 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800-01e and thought that I could change the setting by going to Control Panel, then Device Manager---but there seems to be no way to change the NIC speed there.
Am I on the wrong track?
I'm curious to know why it's better to change the NIC speed to 1000Mbps, rather than letting Windows choose?
Looking to learn--not doubting the advice.Click to expand...

Vista like 7 you should see icon for network near the clock in the system tray? Do you see such an icon. If yes!

Then right click then open network and sharing center
Once you do that you should see to your right Change Adapter Settings. Do you see this link? If you do click on it and then right click on your network adapter. Click on properties Click on Configure, click on Advance, scroll down to Speed & Duplex this name may vary with different nics. Now change the speed from Auto to 1000 it might be 1.0GBps same. Also if you see TCP Offload make sure those are set to Enable.

How are we doing so far? Okay or not?

If you get lost along the way all the settings are in the Device Manager. To get to this in Vista or 7 you just need to right click on the Computer icon on the desktop or in the flag orb menu then click properties and select Device Manager. Scroll down for Network Adapter, click on [+] to expand then right click on properties then on Advanced, then speed & duplex.

You should be all set?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-nic-speed.145127/
Relevancy 21.93%

Toshiba Sattelite A200 10x, bought it 2 and a half years ago, everything's stock at stock settings, only added 1 gig of ram to take it to 2gig total upon purchase.

I can't say I'm the exemplary laptop user since whenever I can I just leave it on the AC supply and let it run there for hours on end, that can't be good for the battery. Lately the moment I unplug it, even though the battery's fully charged it loses its charge completely in 1 or 2 minutes flat. Sometimes the same time I unplug it, 2 seconds or so later it turns off.

I'm guessing it's time for a new laptop battery, or could be coming from a leak or such? I'm just posting to confirm.

A:Time to change the battery?

You should be able to take it to a Battery Specialist http://batteryworld.com.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=11193 and they might be able to diminish somewhat the 'recharging Cycle memory'. But it will take them a while to do and it will never be totally reliable eg. temperature differences will affect the battery run-down time. As a backup for around the house could be money well spent and if you buy a new battery having the second should (if you don't use and abuse it like the last) lengthen the the life of the new one.
Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-to-change-the-battery.144973/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am about the change my video card, and I am afraid of any malfunction on the way. Any advise before I start?

A:Video card change

Firstly, ensure that you get a video card that is supported on your motherboard. Remember to uninstall all present graphics drivers before removing the old GPU. Check that your PSU is sufficient to power your new graphics card.

It would be helpful if you tell us what your system specs are and what GPU you are considering to purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-change.144232/
Relevancy 22.36%

hi im new to all this and im after upgading my processor i have a chaintech 7VJL deluxe apogee mother board with a amd athlon 1700 processor what is the best processor i could fit to it ive done some research and got abit confused lol

A:Processor change

chaintech doesn't make motherboards anymore so i cant find a CPU support list for your motherboard. if i was you i would save up for something like this eMachines ET1331G-03w Refurbished Desktop PC $359.97

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-change.144242/
Relevancy 21.5%

We moved to a new place in December and my atheros ar5005gs WiFi adapter and WRT54GP2 don't seem to like each other any more. Everything in our new home is positioned the same as it was in the old place. I think I may have figured out that the problem might be that there are (according to Network Stumbler) at least 5 other WiFi routers on channel 6 in this neighborhood.

I need to find out how to change the channel number on my atheros ar5005gs adapter. Changing it on my router is no problem, I know how to do that.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

A:I can't figure out how to change the channel on my WiFi adapter

Hi

you only change the channel on the router, not on the NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-figure-out-how-to-change-the-channel-on-my-wifi-adapter.143757/
Relevancy 27.95%

So I just moved Cell phone repeaters? into a new apartment It s a really nice place even has it s own fitness center for the community a car wash and free coffee will explain later with pictures I shall post but not in this thread Anyways the building s structure here totally messes Cell phone repeaters? up any signals inside the apartment except for right by the window of my room I get a bar of G signal And I mean RIGHT there like press the cellphone against the glass So I went online looking for a cellphone repeater to buy but there are so many models many of them ridiculously expensive or they seem to be I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to buy I just want to use my cellphone indoors not out on the porch I use voice texting and data services thus I really would like to make it so that G signal from AT amp T s tower gets there The apartment is square feet Yes it s huge but there are people living here though I want to hopefully be able to use the cellphone relatively anywhere in the apartment If I can t have that I ll settle for the back bedrooms mine and my mother sister s bedrooms Any information on these things would be useful I don t want to spend the - and find out that it doesn t do what I want it to nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-repeaters.143447/
Relevancy 21.93%

Okay so i got the Lg Neon the other day. I love the phone it's cute and everything. But the thing is i can not figure out how to set a ringtone. On all my other phones i have had i used myxer and found the ringtone i wanted and sent it to my phone and it would download automatically and so on... Well this one is not like that its telling me that download failed when it connects to download it. Well then i went out and got a sd cardit fits in the phone and everything says its there and everything well i put songs on it and put it in my phone well... it want let me set them as ringtones still or anything... im not gettin how to do this or anything...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-neon-ringtone-change.142693/
Relevancy 21.5%

from a gts200 to a 9800 gt
now my monitor turns of mid loading of vista
and even when i change back video cards i am now still getting the same problem..
what do i do?

i cant even do anything now cause i cant even use the computer
i need to use my bad laptop...

A:No monitors working after a change in video cards

Mid loading of Vista? Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 during boot up. select VGA Mode and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitors-working-after-a-change-in-video-cards.142387/
Relevancy 27.95%

kk so i got this new phone LG Neon TE365

at first i thought this phone was gonna be amazing and all but it ended up being a real bugger

first off... the phone did not come with any usb cables installation cd what so ever

luckily i have bluetooth on my computer and i am able to transfer files to the phone

secondly, i can't set anything as a ring tone which is pissing me off

it gives me this "DRM FIle Only"

so basically i was wondering if anyone ever gets DRM File Only when setting ring tunes on LG Phones or any other phones

i found out unlocking the phone has nothing to do with it so please help =]

thank you
-friendly noob nosebleedXD

A:Need help with phone LG Neon te365

First, get the USB cable then download Bitpim and read the instructions for connecting your phone. Make sure your phone is supported first. The software is free and the USB cables are less than $10 US

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-phone-lg-neon-te365.128418/