Windows Support Forum

how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

Q: how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

Anyone can tell me the way to change phone numbers to hyperlinks within a word document. I have a lot of phone numbers so I can't change them one by one. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: how can i change all phone numbers to hyperlinks in a word document?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-change-all-phone-numbers-to-hyperlinks-in-a-word-document.620175/
Relevancy 88.15%

I need a smartphone that I can put a document with addresses and phone numbers on and the smartphone will hyperlink the number straight from the document.

I currently use iPhone 3gs and a app (Documents by Savy Soda) and it works: wifi doc to phone; open app; open doc; touch phone number and WaLa! it calls the number

I tried Windows phone thinking with Word and Excel on it, the phone would call from the document. NOT! I sent a file to a friend who has and Android phone and it won't do it either.

I'm not fond of Apple, so my question is:

IS THERE ANY PHONE OUT THERE THAT WILL HYPERLINK PHONE NUMBERS FROM A DOCUMENT?

Moderator note: drgerry, no need to shout.

A:Smartphone that will hyperlink phone numbers from document?

Stick with the iPhone then. But I know with Gmail if you open a doc with cell number on it will launch Android phone apk. I haven't tried that with Window smartphone with Gmail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-that-will-hyperlink-phone-numbers-from-document.200204/
Relevancy 85.14%

When I click on a blue hyperlink in a Microsoft Word 2010 document, I get the following notification:This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.I have tried several suggestions on various websites to enable me to click-and-connect, all to no avail. I've also attempted to set - in Set Program Access and Computer Defaults - the configuration from Custom to Microsoft Windows by temporarily enabling the built-in Administrator Account and the Command Prompt but the setting always reverts to Custom. I wonder if someone has any ideas of why I can?t open the links? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/hyperlinks-in-word-document-dont-open/19625.html
Relevancy 85.14%

When I click on a blue hyperlink in a Microsoft Word 2010 document, I get the following notification:This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.I have tried several suggestions on various websites to enable me to click-and-connect, all to no avail. I've also attempted to set - in Set Program Access and Computer Defaults - the configuration from Custom to Microsoft Windows by temporarily enabling the built-in Administrator Account and the Command Prompt but the setting always reverts to Custom. I wonder if someone has any ideas of why I can?t open the links? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/hyperlinks-in-word-document-dont-open/20558.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a 100+ page Word 2013 Document that I've added page numbers to. However, when I go to print the documents the numbers wont print and they need to. How can I fix this?

Thanks!!!

A:Solved: Page numbers WONT Print in Word 2013 Document

You do have the Page number coding in the header or footer right?

Can you post a cleaned version of this document showing where you have the page numbering?

Also do you have a bunch of "Sections" defined within this document?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-page-numbers-wont-print-in-word-2013-document.1150859/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all I have a problem with MS-Word to identify -=[/WORD] change How and numbers?? [WORD]=- that I just can t seem to crack on my own so I was hoping that maybe someone over here had a clue [WORD]=- How to identify and change numbers?? -=[/WORD] what the right angle on this one may be I have pricelists of my company s products in a usual doc-file Mainly because I couldn t [WORD]=- How to identify and change numbers?? -=[/WORD] get the layout proper in Excel and mounting xls in a doc makes it way too heavy Anyway prices need to be increased a bit and since these are quite extensive lists re-calculating and changing every single price would be a lot of work so I was hoping to do this automated like increase every price by or so I tried to make a macro that finds numbers by looking for something like quot quot and I think I can make this work but how on earth can I get Word to change that value I know I know I should have done this in xls but that would be a serious pain to do it all over in Excel Any [WORD]=- How to identify and change numbers?? -=[/WORD] thoughts on this matter Thanx in advance nbsp

A:[WORD]=- How to identify and change numbers?? -=[/WORD]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-how-to-identify-and-change-numbers-word.279130/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a little problem with some hyperlinks. I have about 300 word docs. with hyperlinks to drawings on Server1. i had to move all of these drawings to Server2. So now the hyperlinks do not work. Is there an easy way to edit all of the hyperlinks in a doc at one time to just change the path. Or am booked to the end of the year updating hyperlinks in word. Please help, i thought maybe that there is a macro or a little script that would do this.

Relevancy 73.1%

Sir,in ms-word document, i dont wont to give the page number to the whole document but when i am giving a page number to a selected page automatically it is giving page numbers to the whole document. So, is there any way to give a page number to the selected page.message edited by GulamMurtuza

A:How to give page numbers to selected page in word document.

Create separate sections.Make the page(s) where you want a number a section on its own. It will still be in sequence in the finished document.You insert a section break at the end of the page preceding the page where you want the page numbering to start. When you want to stop page numbering, create another section break at the end of the last numbered page in that section..Remember to enable/insert or not page numbering as appropriate for each section.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-give-page-numbers-to-selected-page-in-word-document/20589.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am working on a 172 page document with several sections. I am editing the document and need to change the page numbers in the footer. When I manually do this and save it, all the pages in that section revert to 3-1 (odd pages) or 3-2 (even pages). How do I fix this problem?

Relevancy 71.38%

i sew for my church (chemo hats/baby clothes) to give to our local hospital. many of the free patterns are in pdf format and some can't be copied to word. is there a free program (even a trial program) that will allow me to try to convert pdf files. thanks for your help!

Relevancy 70.95%

I have a legal form to fill out in WORD and it keeps printing the entries in the text fields in blue. The A text color tool is greyed out. How can I make it black again? I seldom use Office so I'm a newbie at this one.

A:can't change text color in WORD document fields

If the form has been designed as a protected Word document "form" (probably that is the case since it is a "legal form") then they may have formatted it in that manner because that is how they want it filled in, with your content in blue?

Hence the options are unavailable for you to change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-text-color-in-word-document-fields.572075/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have got Microsoft Office 2010 installed on Windows Vista and on Windows 7, and when I open a document in Word, I would like to view it at a zoom of 100% instead of the default zoom of 150%. I tried to follow the instructions over here in order to reduce the zoom permanently, but the macros simply disappear each time I close Word and open it again. I also followed the idiot's guide to installing macros as indicated in the link above, and the macros worked...but as mentioned before, they refuse to stick around.

What do I do in order to prevent the macros from disappearing?

Thanks in advance for your help

A:Word 2010: how do I change default viewing zoom of document?

i've never needed macros - i use the zoom slider at the bottom-right of the document window.

with saved documents, it seems that the zoom level is saved with the file - so if you saved at 100%, it will open later at 100%.

to set the level for new blank documents, use the slider, then close down word - the next new document will appear at that same level, with no need to save.

that's how it works for me, anyway.

just tested, and it keeps the level after a reboot too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/157999-word-2010-how-do-i-change-default-viewing-zoom-document.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

Is there a programme on Windows that will transfer the phone numbers from my AOL address book to my Sony Ericsson phone? Or any other software where I can store all the numbers and then transfer all the numbers to each new phone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-phone-numbers-to-sony-ericsson-mobile-phone.757485/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am using outlook contacts and would like to add phone fields to the phone numbers in the detailed address view e.g. another mobile , home 3 , business 3 , packet 8 etc...
I tried everything and consulted every book , but no way . The addition will show up if I switch to phone list , but not in the detailed view .
Any suggestions ???

Thanks ,

M.K.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-phone-fields-to-phone-numbers-in-outlook-contacts.276746/
Relevancy 67.51%

This was asked before by KlausdB quot I have x HDDs on SATA AHCI Intel Controller in Native Mode and x ESATA on Win Pro X I noted that looking in Admin Tools Computer Management Storage as an example the st HDD Port in the AHCI BIOS is showing as quot Disk quot instead of my expectation of (2) Port HDD from Numbers differ change BIOS numbers and Disk quot Disk quot Selecting the Drive's Properties correctly shows the quot Location Channel Target Lun quot I also note that the Disk HDD Disk Numbers differ and change from BIOS Port numbers (2) Number allocation in Windows will change randomly after some reboots startups - going anywhere from quot HDD Disk Numbers differ and change from BIOS Port numbers (2) Disk quot to quot Disk quot nbsp I can force replicate this behaviour by removing the ESATA drive Is this expected behaviour It doesn't appear to create any operating issues at this stage however is there a way I can force the Drive to always map to eg Device -- gt Disk Device -- gt Disk etc Thanks quot nbsp This was answered by Nicholas Li quot As far as I know how the disk is plugged physically and the order it is displayed are not related For a simple example if a drive is plugged to SATA interface and it is the only disk it will be displayed as Disk If there is no related issue about the disk order I think we can safely ignore this quot nbsp Because the topic was closed I want to ask a new question here nbsp What happens if one of the HDD drives or has an OS installed on it I ask because windows always write some boot sectors on the first sectors of the first HDD so if my OS HDD although it is in BIOS on SATA in windows it is on SATA is this mean that other HDD drive will take the boot info's so that when I'll replace that drive the windows will no longer boot nbsp Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/31684783-d4a9-4493-898d-f1b2a1c0bbdb/hdd-disk-numbers-differ-and-change-from-bios-port-numbers-2?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I have some reference books I use and in all of them I have this problem:

The number written on the document pages doesn't match the number my pdf reader says, and for every document it has a different offset. That is, for example when I go to page 16, then on the page itself it's written that it's page 5 and not 16.

It's an annoying problem.
Is there any way to fix this by changing the pdf numbering or is there any workaround?

Thanks

Relevancy 62.35%

When saving a Word 2007 document as a webpage (htm, html), an extra folder is automatically created besides the hmtl document itself. This folder contains background information like pictures, wallpaper etc. Is there a way to prevent that folder from being created in the first place? I've got Word 2000 on another computer, and when I save my word documents as html files over there, that extra folder is not generated. The only time that folder is created in 2000 is if my documents contain pictures, wallpaper etc. In Word 2007, it is created all the time, even though my documents are just plain text.

A:Solved: Word 2007, saving document as html document: how to get rid of extra folder?

Managed to find the solution, it was very simple after all. One has to save the document as a filtered webpage and click "yes" when a box pops up warning you that you will use certain featuers which are specific to Office2007, such as the background. Then the document will save without that extra folder and files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2007-saving-document-as-html-document-how-to-get-rid-of-extra-folder.780320/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have two questions regarding documents created in Word 2007...

1) Can links be created within a Word document? For example, can I click on and item my table of contents and have the document jump to that particular section of the document?

2) Also, is there a way to make sections of the document hidden until the user clicks a specific word or graphic in the document?

I'd like to specify a particular instruction and include a "Show example" link that would make a detailed example appear for those who needed the extra help.

Thanks everyone!

A:Word 2007 - Links within a document? Hide/Show sections of a document?

If you created table of contents through References - Table of Contents, you can hold Ctrl and click on the item in that table, word will take you there. This feature is standard.

Also, to navigate inside document you can use bookmark option.
Insert bookmarks. Word 2010 Bookmarks
Then insert Hyperlink - in the window select second tab "Place in This Document" and choose your bookmark.

As for hiding parts of document, I do not think that is possible.
You can create that in HTML document with javascript, but not in Word document.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/198908-word-2007-links-within-document-hide-show-sections-document.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am running XP and Word and Nortons Word will crash if you leave the document open for a while there is no specific time frame and then select close icon The error - Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close The details are AppName winword exe appver Modname kernel dll modvers offset eb This has pretty much happened since I got this laptop I have reformatted and reinstalled everything due to another problem and still have the same problem with word I have used the same CD on other computers to Close Word the have you document open document a 2000 on for if sitting crashes while install word and Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while they do not Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while have the same problem I use a variety of templates and plain documents in my work and can not pin point Word 2000 crashes on Close document if you have the document sitting open for a while it to one template If you leave Word open with a document no matter what size and come back to it later this is when the problem happens I started to get around it my saving first then closing but this no longer works The save completes and then I select Close and this is when it happens - you get the dreaded pause and then you hear the whirl of the computer and then you get the Microsoft Word for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close Firstly I could put up with it but is now just a nusiance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-2000-crashes-on-close-document-if-you-have-the-document-sitting-open-for-a-while.33444/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys! Is there anybody knows a program that can convert (copy) words in an image to a real document that can be edited from Word?

Thanks

A:Which software can convert an image of a document to a real document (MS Word)?

If you have MS Office, as I think you do, you might try out this link:

http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/ar...0_-You-may-already-have-it_2E002E002E00_.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-software-can-convert-an-image-of-a-document-to-a-real-document-ms-word.661060/
Relevancy 61.92%

This might be kind of tricky We re trying to streamline our Word templates document Creating 2000: of Master a Document RFQ-to-Quote process which Word 2000: Creating a Master Document of document templates currently utilizes a combination of digital forms and hand-written forms passed among several departments My boss asked me to modify the RFQ Word 2000: Creating a Master Document of document templates form to save him some typing because he has to retype all the information in the final Quote and I--not understanding the complexity of the process--very stupidly told him that it could be done fairly simply using form fields and bookmarks He s been kind enough to grant me a lot of leniency because for him anything would be better than the current situation so as long as I can improve on what we use now he ll be happy I thought about creating form templates for each of the departments then as the original RFQ circulated from one department to the next subsequent forms would be appended to it to create a rolling document I m not too happy with the that idea there s all sorts of room for user error I thought about creating a single document template containing every department s form but a I don t want any single department to be able to modify information gathered during another department s process and b certain departments must generate a variable number of copies of their form I told my boss the best way to accomplish a secure and low-maintenance RFQ-to-Quote would be to create a stand-alone Quote Generator application but we both agree the effort is not condusive to the timeframe by which he wants me to manage this project So here s my idea I want to create a Master Document template of document templates so that my boss can create a new RFQ-to-Quote Master Document as needed while at the same time allowing each department the autonomy of generating its own documentation I don t think that s possible Has anyone else faced a similar issue and if so how did you address the problem Thanks chris nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all The other day whilst in the throws of fixing another unrelated problem I came across a strange and freezes document corrupted computer is and Word document [SOLVED] annoying Word Document problem When I bought this word document up it present a very [SOLVED] Word document freezes computer and document is corrupted unusual icon It was grayed out and part of the title contained a then the name of the document When I tried to open it the word document only opened up to the gray page just before it should turn white displaying the text and there it froze Nothing worked after that The freeze was so bad that the only way to close the window was to turn the computer off at the tower After rebooting I tried it again more times with the same problem freeze occurring in the Word document Today I again found another document that caused the same problem this time the icon for that document was normal but right beside this icon was another malformed grayed out name icon When I tried to open either of the icons I got the same freezing up problem just as before I tried a previously suggested step in that I opened quot Word quot and from there navigated to where the bad files were located In turn I only hi-lighted each and at the bottom of that window clicked on the arrow for the drop down box I was advised that one of the presented options was to repair the file No such option was present So there you have it Any advice on this problem please Regards

A:[SOLVED] Word document freezes computer and document is corrupted

Hi all.

Just to advise that I am going to mark this topic as Solved......to a fashion so to speak.
I may resurrect it at a later stage if the problem re-presents it's self.

In a nut shell. I spent a lot of time today searching sites and performing tests including searches on my computer program.

I ascertained that all the aforementioned "defective " Word documents originated in the same folder. After performing several search functions with the criteria as ~$.doc no other such files were found on my computer, other that the already mentioned.

All tests suggested would not repair the said documents.

I have now deleted the offenders and I will monitor the situation. If I run into problems again I will re-post.

Thanks anyway.
Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-word-document-freezes-computer-and-document-is-corrupted-409838.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Is there some way to make it so page numbers display on the printed pages of an Adobe .pdf file? I converted a Word document to .pdf, but the Word document did not have the numbered pages. I now want to add the numbers in Adobe Reader, but it looks like I'll have to go back to the original Word document, add headers which include the page number, and then re-convert it to .pdf. Is that correct? If I could do it within Adobe Reader, that would be preferable.

A:Adding Page Numbers to .PDF document

The file is a creation from an original Word file, the page numbers would need to exist in the Word file.

It would be a nightmare if in creating a PDF it was able to assign new printed page numbers as these would often not align with the original document and TOC's would be incorrect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-page-numbers-to-pdf-document.346031/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've composed a 4 page script B/W, font size 11, with red, bold, font size 16 numbers placed throughout to indicate slide change points during the presentation. My printer, Canon MG5550, prints the pages of the document but omits the red numbers, leaving a blank space at each point in the script.
Has anyone got ideas as to why this is happening?

A:Numbers missing when printing document

Is it printing red on a test print? Have you run a head cleaning programme?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/numbers-missing-when-printing-document-4603038/
Relevancy 61.49%

In Word 2002, I have a form letter that I merged the name and addresses. The problem is the number of pages in the footer. Using Page x of y, the page number is correct, each section restarts the page number. But the number of pages is the entire document, not just the section of the merged record.

A:Page numbers in merged document

In Word, Insert > Page Numbers > Format, and check "continue from previous section."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-numbers-in-merged-document.321870/
Relevancy 61.49%

Does anyone know of a FREE program where phone numbers can be checked to see whom they belong to without having to pay a fee?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I work at a small non-profit and we have updated two computers with new computers running Windows We use MS Word I have checked all threads on forum from Can't send open Word Thunderbird document via Document related to this issue Can't send Word Document via Thunderbird from open document but nothing seems to correct our problem I would be grateful for any help Description of issue With a Word document open one should be able to click quot File quot gt quot Send To quot gt Mail Recipient As Attachment quot or any of the other mail options and have the email composition window of Thunderbird pop up What happens is that Word is attempting to send the attachment via Windows Live Mail The computer basically freezes If you try and abort or get out of Word and error pops up stating you can t close Word until the email has been sent Finally you have to force a shut down of the computer Internet Explorer shows Thunderbird as default email client I have check all of the other obvious places for setting the default email client but I can t seem to find a conflict anywhere on the computer showing Windows Live Email as default client As a side note this employee was using Outlook Express as their email client prior to the computer upgrade and all setting were imported into Windows Live Mail which was initially used The employee did not like Windows Live Mail so I installed Thunderbird It is used as the default email client and the only issue has been with Word Additionally I know that the document could be sent from Windows Explorer by right-clicking and etc but this employee is and older individual is not computer savvy and is accustom to sending Word documents while the document is open So I would like for them to be able to continue sending documents in the way they are accustom One last thing The other employee whose computer was upgraded and who has always used Thunderbird as their email client is have no issue sending email in this way from an open Word Document Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Can't send Word Document via Thunderbird from open document

Might try uninstalling Word, then reinstalling it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-send-word-document-via-thunderbird-from-open-document.1106623/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am currently trying to write a piece of code (in Word) that will alllow me to extract the number of pages in a external word document of my choice and then dump the figure in the active document.

Does anyone know how to do this???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-out-how-many-page-numbers-are-in-an-external-document.67166/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two questions,

1. I use Explorer 7 with Vista Home premium and gmail. With this configuration I find that any hyphenated phone number spontaneously vanishes when I either open an email or a website on my toshiba laptop.

2. I need to change the overall permissions on my desktop. I have restored from a backup fille and some of the files I would like to erase, but I can't seem to change the permissions that will allow me to erase the old windows folder. I go into properties and try to edit permissions to allow me to proceed, but I am not allowed. Either the allocations are not available, or I get an error message after clicking boxes. Help...

A:Phone numbers and Permissions

hi and welcome maybe this will be of help on the 2nd issue http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f9/how...-vista-155100/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/phone-numbers-and-permissions-362385.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all

When I enter a phone number into excel it chops the 0 off from the start. I've checked in
formatting but can't find the option to stop that.

Could anybody help me.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 61.06%

we have recently received strange phone calls from an unknown person talking junk, we are unable to get their phone number, nor can any1 have gotten ours, the only way i could possibly think is through something through the computer, we don't give away personal details on the net or not and the number is private, is there anyway can hack the phone line through the net or anything?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Running Word 2003 and am having trouble inserting page numbers, MISSING the first two pages. That is, NOTHING on the first two pages; and then page three begins with the number '1.' I've searched and can find nothing to help.
I would appreciate anyone who can help here. Thanks.

Stephen.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I have problem, when I put link to .XPS document in MS word document, i can't open this link, nothing hapens , links to other file types works fine. XPS document opens without problem with IE when opening file from folder. I tried to lower security setings in IE hidden security zone "my computer" , but this wont help. There is no problem in Windows 7 with xps links. But i need it to work in Vista. I think it's some kind of security problems. Any ideas ?

Vindows Vista32 SP2
MS Office 2007 SP2

A:Can't open .XPS document link from word document

Will this be any help:http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/xps/viewxps.mspx

http://www.vistax64.com/software/265739-cant-open-xps-document-link-word-document.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have ran my anti-virus, adware, spyware programs and they find nothing. Everytime i try to get online I have to create a new dial up account, after I get online the number changes again. What do I do to fix this?

A:My dial up keeps changing phone numbers.

See my post here as you seem to have double posted.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/22568/my-dial-up-keeps-changing-phone-numbers/
Relevancy 60.2%

Using XP and Winfax Pro 10.02

Whenever I try to edit a phone number, winfax pro shuts down. How do I edit my phone numbers?

A:How to edit phone numbers in winfax pro 10.02

This may help,
http://www.getfaxing.com/winfax

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-edit-phone-numbers-in-winfax-pro-10-02.956421/
Relevancy 59.34%

I just had to factory-reset my Nokia Lumia 1510. Naturally, I would like to restore the blocked phone numbers in order to keep out some VERY nasty people. I found the SMS filter without an issues, but there does not appear to be any way to block a number. All of the things I've seen online would seem to imply that you have to wait for unwanted callers to call you FIRST, THEN you can block them. This sounds very stupid. Where is the way to manually block a number?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440374-manually-add-phone-numbers-block-list.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a client with a problem creating new documents from the File > New > Word Document dropdown from Windows Explorer window. If I set her default font to Times New Roman it will stay for creating new documents from within Word. If she goes the other route mentioned above to create a new document it will always default to Courier. Also when she tries to save the document with the Save As item it defaults to txt instead of a .doc file. I am thinking there are two different templates for these two seperate ways of opening or creating a document.

OS is XP Pro
Word 97 SR-2B

Thanks!

A:New word Document from File > New > Word Document

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-word-document-from-file-new-word-document.250680/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm creating a document in word 2007 at one point of the document I want to insert a link or icon that points to a separate word document, when the master document is saved both documents are saved as one file so that i can distribute it to other people not linked on a LAN. I don't need the second document to be seen but launched on a separate window when the link or icon is clicked.
Can somebody please help I've seen this on emails and PP presentations but I'm not sure if it can be done in word, I would think so!

Thank

A:Solved: Word document within a word document

Not hard at all. Open the attached - I have included the instructions to show either the other text (or at least part) or just the icon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-document-within-a-word-document.860916/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello Guys I am facing a typical problem related to output of HTML when outputing phone or fax numbers For example a phone number like - - output Issue Phone [SOLVED] with in IE Numbers for HTML is displayed as - I have checked all the apparent possibilities but nothing works Interestingly there is no issue with output on Firefox The simple HTML code is as follows Code Starts below lt html gt lt head gt lt title gt Global Information System - Employee Information Page lt title gt lt head gt lt body marginwidth quot quot marginheight quot quot topmargin quot quot leftmargin quot quot gt lt table border quot quot cellpadding quot quot cellspacing quot quot width quot quot gt lt tr gt lt td colspan quot quot valign top [SOLVED] Issue with HTML output in IE for Phone Numbers gt lt nobr gt lt -- Name and Department Links-- gt Test Test amp [SOLVED] Issue with HTML output in IE for Phone Numbers nbsp lt a href ' application communication organisation view asp OrgaID E ' target ' parent' gt FE-North Shields lt a gt lt nobr gt lt br gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td colspan quot quot gt lt a href quot mailto dummy dummy dummy com quot gt dummy dummy dummy com lt a gt amp nbsp lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td valign quot top quot colspan quot quot gt lt table cellspacing quot quot cellpadding quot quot width quot quot border quot quot gt lt tr gt lt td gt Phone lt td gt lt td gt amp nbsp lt td gt lt td align 'left' width ' ' gt - - lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td gt Fax lt td gt lt td gt amp nbsp lt td gt lt td align 'left' width ' ' gt - - lt td gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt td gt Mobile lt td gt lt td gt amp nbsp lt td gt lt td align 'left' width ' ' gt - - lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt body gt lt html gt Code ended above I have IE installed on WindowsXP SP I would appreciate any clue on this one Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Issue with HTML output in IE for Phone Numbers

Hey, you could use the HTML entities (e.g. what you use instead of < when you want to display a right angle bracket)...

(Check the EDIT at the bottom)

This works in both browsers(i've checked)..

Hope it works.

Cheers,
Jamey

EDIT!: LMAO of course, i'm posting in html based stuff, so the entities get changed. The entities are here: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/latin1.html

Okay i'll try and display them:
+ becomes: &#43;
- becomes: &#45;
(excuse the boldness, if i don't include it they change to the + sign etc.)

so this code:

Code:
+44-191-0000000
becomes:

Code:
&#43;44&#45;191&#45;0000000
yet again excuse the overuse of boldness it's just so they display

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-issue-with-html-output-in-ie-for-phone-numbers-277112.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Excel I have a column of phone numbers and an additional column of fax numbers I'm trying to convert the numbers from nine digits to nine digits with hyphens I copied and renamed the original document There are no protections To be certain I ran the Doc Inspector I'm still free to do anything to the list The instructions are easy Highlight column Trying of a Excel numbers. phone format column to not responding. select Format cell click Custom in Type insert XXX-XXX-XXXX click OK That didn't work Next instead of click Custom I clicked Special selected phone number clicked OK Instead of hyphens if it adds parentheses around the area code I'm not that picky although it takes more space That doesn't work either I am less than a novice in Excel when it comes to creating anything I've managed to fill in others and not have to create my own The only thing that doesn't look like instructions is that the Sample above Type never changes I don't know if it should Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61562-excel-not-responding-trying-format-column-phone-numbers.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all.

I have a "brand new" V92 modem (I know, with all VOIP options today, that sounds stupid).

I'd like to use dialer.exe or other free/native software to dial out local phone numbers. Olitec (the modem constructor) provided me a driver for Vista that seems to work good in Seven. Once installed, I can dial, my friend's phone rings, when he pics it up I can hear him, but he can't hear me. Some times I hear my own voice in my head set instead (a distant echo). My mic is working ok. I know that cause other applications can use it.

I'd also like to see an incoming call on the screen. Can that be done ?

Thanks!

A:Using a V92 modem to call local phone numbers (no VOIP)

Depends on the "voice telephone" software you have and what it's capabilites are. A PC makes a poor voice telephone and for that reason the "hot" thing to use it for a voice phone back in the old XP days has diminished to the point dial-up modems are not even offered as an option on many new PC's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/129894-using-v92-modem-call-local-phone-numbers-no-voip.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

Perhaps someone can assist with this.

We have thousands of phone numbers that we would like to start using to text our opt-ins. They gave us these numbers, but we aren't sure which are mobile or which are landlines. Surely someone knows of a commercial utility, a software or service that will scrub our numbers to determine which are mobile phone numbers only.

Can anybody help?

A:How Do You Determine Mobile Phone Numbers from Land Lines?

I don't believe that you will find such a thing. Mobile phones use the same area codes and most of my friends that have tossed away their land-lines have now the same mobile numbers as their land-lines used to be due to number portability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-determine-mobile-phone-numbers-from-land-lines.810108/
Relevancy 58.48%

The popup displays various file names and numerous different phone numbers each time it appears.

In troubleshooting and attempting to remove this popup, I have performed the following:
1.  Malwarebytes scan.
2.  Avast Boot time scan.
3.  Removed a disabled BHO with a name of only a registry key by deleting the key from the registry.

Both Malwarebytes and Avast have found and removed "Pup" type infections, but the popup still comes back.

I have ran the FRST and also did a hijackthis scan, both of which are attached.

Neil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625170/popup-windows-has-found-an-error-in-xxxexe-please-call-various-phone-numbers/
Relevancy 57.62%

As above.

Is there a software upgrade i need to do.

I have the password. comes up with...

"Word experienced an error while trying to open this file"

Thanks in advance

K

A:Solved: Can't open password protected Word 2007 document in Word 2003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-open-password-protected-word-2007-document-in-word-2003.1050973/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to produce mailing lists, labels, staff phone lists, etc. I have formatted the phone column to use (xxx) xxx-xxxx so that phone numbers look like this (999) 999-9999. And in my Word documents, I have added the mergefield switch that also causes the phone numbers to show up in that format.

Here's my problem: When the phone number field is blank, the merged document contains this: ( ) -
I want it to be blank in the word document as well.

There must be a code or switch in Word's mail merge feature that will suppress the formatting if the field is blank.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Mail merge - suppress mergefield formatting switch (phone numbers)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-suppress-mergefield-formatting-switch-phone-numbers.202759/
Relevancy 57.62%

G'day,
When I download save or display a word document which is locked some of the fonts change and this makes the documant look bad and as a result it is not paged correctly.
I am using Windows 7 and MS Office Home & Business 2010.
If I use a different computer which is XP and 2003 the document displays correctly, if I copy this to the Windows 7 PC the document font is changed.
The lock document is a form which has been locked for easy completion.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Nyquest

A:Word 2010 changes some fonts in a downloaded locked word document

Found the problem, Windows7 and or MS Office Home & Business 2010 is missing the particular font the document wanted, it was Arial Narrow, once this font was added to the windows/font folder, the document opened correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2010-changes-some-fonts-in-a-downloaded-locked-word-document.950701/
Relevancy 57.19%

When i do Ctrl+K (in MS Word) i get to the hyperlinks insertion table, however when i scroll down the previously browsed pages i have thousands of un-wanted hyperlinks that simply confuse matters. does anyone know how to delete these hyperlink??? if it helps i am runnig windows 98 se + Office 2000 premium!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:PLEASE HELP MS WORD:HYPERLINKS

These links are coming from your internet browser. If you want to get rid of all the links from Word then you have to remove them from your browser. If you are using Internet Explorer go to Tools, Internet Options, and then click on Clear History. Hope that helps a little.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-ms-word-hyperlinks.37974/
Relevancy 56.76%

Is there any possibility to automatically convert numbers into words in WORD-2003 or onward
Like 1256 (One thousand two hundred fifty six)

A:Convert numbers into word in WORD

You could do it with a macro or in excel using calculations:

For example:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360

I would suggest this is in the wrong forum and should be here: http://forums.techguy.org/16-business-applications/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-numbers-into-word-in-word.1112382/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi there!

i am currently summarizing some web articles, and im doing a lot of copy-pasting. these articles contain many hyperlinks, and i have to cancel every one of them with a single right mouse click.

is there a way to remove all of them together?

thank

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-how-to-get-rid-of-hyperlinks.775556/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I use Win XP and have a Word document with some hyperlinks in it Ive had this document for a long time and regularly edit it The hyperlinks have always displayed in the correct way Then I think I must have done something because all of a sudden all the links are displaying in an odd way Ive tried the ALT F trick 2003 Word Hyperlinks and Ive tried going to options and turning off field codes - none of these things fixes the problem Word 2003 Hyperlinks The links look like this HYPERLINK quot http ec europa eu budget inforeuro index cfm Language en quot http ec europa eu budget inforeuro index cfm Language en amp NB ive had to insert the quot quot and the quot amp quot symbol manually because it didnt copy and paste properly As a result the upside down t is actually not quite the same its set slightly lower here whereas in the original document its set higher Also the quot http quot bit is actually a live hyperlink in blue in the original document Any help would be really appreciated Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-hyperlinks.1006091/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a doument which as 8 pages - the 1st page is an idex of headings. I wish to hyperlink the items on 1st page with heading on relevent pages but cannot work out how to!
e.g

information page 1
health page 2
excess page 3

I wish to be able to click on each of the items in bold and the link take me to the word in blue on the relevant page of the document.

All help appreciated!

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-hyperlinks.1031627/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I have a user who has added some hyperlinks to PDF documents into a Word 2000 file.

When he clicks the hyperlink link Adobe Reader 7.0 opens for a second but doesn't display the file and then closes down.

The PDF file is on a network location and he can open it fine if he just browses to the file and double clicks.

I have tried changing the hyperlink path to \\servername\share\file.pdf and also to the drive letter with no effect

The user has also added hyperlinks to .doc files in the same network location and these work fine. The PDF is not open elsewhere.

The strange thing is the user says it worked the first time he tried it but not subsequently, he has also tried recreating the hyperlink but this doesn't work either.

Any help/ideas appreciated

Relevancy 56.76%

I am having problems with Hyperlinks to Word 2000 forms from another Word 2000 form. The forms/docs are stored on our Novell Network and when the hyperlinks are inserted initially they are fine. After a few days some of them appear to have dropped the server name from the address and therefore they don't work anymore. The files haven't been moved as far as I'm aware, can anyone help please

A:Word 2000 Hyperlinks

Can you give a better description of your url and how you create the hyperlink??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-hyperlinks.83249/
Relevancy 56.76%

Running WINDOWS 7 HOME PRO & MS OFFICE 2003.

I have several Word documents with hyperlinks in them. One link connects to the internet and the other links connect to specific sections of the documents. All the hyperlinks worked until today. Now none of them work. I get a message saying "this operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. please contact system administrator"

I have hyperlinks in Word Perfect documents that still work fine.

What happened and how can I fix it. Should I uninstall MS OFFICE and re-install it, or is there an easier way to fix the problem?

THANKS

A:hyperlinks in word 2003

Try opening up task manger and go to processes. Under processes find WINWORD.exe and right click. Then click UAC virtualization.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-in-word-2003.1043795/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I was curious if someone could help me. Im trying to do a template for writing a science-based book. The main feature is hyperlinking: authors, titles, articles, universities/research institutions, bibliographies, and maybe even a glossary for instant access to said information. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly apprecaited also idea how long it would take me?

Thanks!

A:Word and hyperlinks Template

This web site should get you started:
http://www.internet4classrooms.com/msword_hyperlink.htm
You don't mention which version of Word. I think the above site is for 2003, but the principals for creating hyperlinks are the same in all versions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-and-hyperlinks-template.1130090/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having trouble removing the automatic hyperlink feature in Word 2007. I have gone to AutoCorrect options and unchecked the box "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" but my software still puts the hyperlinks in. Is there something I am missing? Thanks! Annie

A:Hyperlinks in Word 2007

That's the correct method. Try again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/hyperlinks-in-word-2007-a-1051066.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I have two machines both the same. The problem is that when I create a hyperlink in word 2003 the link opens up in IE Not the application. One machine opens it in Picture Viewer and one opens in IE. I have looked at the file association and it is not that ?

The machine are fully updated ?

Any ideas appreciated ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-hyperlinks.809024/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm running XP SP3 and believe version is Word 2003, might be previous version. When I try to open hyperlink by control>mouseleftclick get this message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

I am the system administrator. I ran Auslogics free registry cleaner about a week ago. From what I've read http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm#reg2, this is a registry error. But the instructions posted there do not work and are inconsistent with that given in a link in those instructions.

Restored to prior point, still doesn't work. Changed default browser to IE7, still doesn't work.

Can this be fixed and how? Thanks!

A:Solved: Hyperlinks not opening in Word

Simply follow 1st Step
*goto control panel > Internet Options> Programs> Make Default Browser
OR
*goto control panel>set default programs> goto custom> choose a default web browser.
If it is solved then its okay. rather opt my style.

download google chrome or mozilla firefox set as chrome or mozilla as default web browser while installation.

then make IE default. & Test

BINGO

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hyperlinks-not-opening-in-word.982103/
Relevancy 55.9%

OK I did some searching and wasn t able to come up with anything relevant I m using Acrobat Standard and Word My Word source document has hyperlinks to internal locations using either Word Bookmarks or Word Headings I also have some hyperlinks created through cross-references However when I convert this document to a PDF the Word hyperlinks and / Question Hyperlinks Acrobat Word seem to take me to a totally random location in the document In Question / Word Hyperlinks and Acrobat short they don t work On the Adobe forums I thought I saw some indication this was a bug in but I tried it in and had the same results The cross-reference hyperlinks work great Unfortunately Word doesn t format the text like a hyperlink so there is no underline and it s not obvious in any way that there s actually a hyperlink there So my questions are as follows Should Acrobat be handling these hyperlinks correctly Or is this just not supported If it should any suggestions as to what I could try Thanks Steve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-word-hyperlinks-and-acrobat.455867/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hyperlinks are not working, neither in Word nor in Outlook. I presume I have to set something somewhere but don't know what it is. In Outlook I get the dialog: General failure. The URL was ... . An error occurred in sending the command to the application. In Word nothing happens at all. No message, no opening of Firefox or IE.

Thanks all.
Ellen

A:Hyperlinks not working in Outlook and Word

Ellen,
My mind reading abilities are a bit slow today....

* What version of Outlook & Word are you using?

* How long have you had this problem?

* Have you a System Restore Point created PRIOR to the problem occurring?

* BTW >check to see if this applies.
In Outlook go to Tools > 0ptions > Mail format > Message Format and make sure html is selected > Apply

* Links that may provide you with some useful information.

Fix hyperlinks in Outlook Express and Word - Microsoft Fix it BLOG - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word

Block or unblock links in suspicious phishing messages - Outlook - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/194059-hyperlinks-not-working-outlook-word.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Error Dialog box quot This Operation has been canceled due to restrictions on your computer Please contact your system administrator quot I AM the system administrator I first noticed this with Word with a hyperlink to an Excel file on my machine and is in fact in the same folder as the Word doc that I added Then I had the same issue with Excel - those links mostly being to web pages After searching for answers - there is an abundance including paying Microsoft for a solution - I found that if I make IE my default browser the hyperlinks in Excel work Note that my default browser was and still is Seamonkey Problems with Hyperlinks and Excel Word v I did click the quot Make IE my default browser quot - it now is not Seamonkey is the default and my Excel HLs still open IE Cute Is this a hijack of sorts by MS of how its office apps work There was also some other suggestion of a missing Registry entry but that is in fact present on my machine NOTE Running WinXP latest SP and Office System is otherwise stable I also read that if you have had Google's Chrome browser and then uninstalled it that similar issues could arise - these however usually are described as issues with email hyperlinks However I did install some Google toolbox and missed the fact that Chrome would be part of that I any case my hyperlink issue arose after Chrome was removed and IE installed I do NOT know if the issue started in between the two actions or not I use TreePad for organizing various issues and all the Web hyperlinks work just fine Hence my suspicions about MS and IE To summarize A Excel HLs work but only by opening IE while I would much prefer it to use Seamonkey or other browser of CHOICE B MS Word hyperlink to an Excel file does not work - I still get the message above Problems with Excel and Word Hyperlinks Any help would be appreciated

A:Problems with Excel and Word Hyperlinks

EDIT: I ran MS Update for Office and now the Word issue is resolved. However. Excel still opens hyperlinks in IE8 instead of Seamonkey...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230236/problems-with-excel-and-word-hyperlinks/
Relevancy 55.9%

OS/Win 7. In Word & Excell 2003 Pro my hyperlinks unexpecedly stoped working with error message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." In Tools/Options/Edit I have selected and deselected the ckbx "Use CTRL and Click to follow hyperlink" with no effect. In Tools/AutoCorrect/AutoFormat As You Type I have selected and deselected the ckbx "Internet and Network paths with hyperlinks" with no effect. I am at a loss as to what to try next!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-excell-hyperlinks-not-working.1031112/
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there a way to make Word stop treating text beginning with "http" or "www" as a link? The only way I have found is to link-by-link right click on the text, select edit hyperlink and then check remove link. This is a real pain- is there a default I can set to make Word stop this nonsense? I am not creating documents for publication on the web, I am writing papers MLA-style and the hyperlink formatting screws up my bibliographies.

A:default removing hyperlinks in Word

Tools -- AutoCorrect -- AutoFormat As You Type. Uncheck "Internet & Network Paths ...".

If this is too drastic, just undo with CTRL+Z right after they convert.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-removing-hyperlinks-in-word.236137/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I need to replace a gaggle of broken hyperlinks in a document that links to a few hundred external files in numerous directories The names of the files are still valid it s just the location they re stored in Excel Replace in Word Hyperlinks & that s changed For example J New Games Pac-Man PowerPellets doc now should read I Pac-Man PowerPellets doc with the text reading Power Pellets The next one would go from J New Games Pac-Man Ghosts xls to I Pac-Man Ghosts xls and read Ghosts So on and so on Ideally I d like to just enter Find J Replace Hyperlinks in Word & Excel New Games and enter Replace I When I go into Word though I can Replace Hyperlinks in Word & Excel t seem to get the Replace function to work on a hyperlink I ve tried using d in the Find field but that selects the entire link which doesn t help me So then I ticked the Show Fields and Show Bookmarks options under Tools Options That let me do the Replace from above But when I toggle back to the regular view none of the links are changed Argh Is there a way to do this What am I doing wrong aside from being stupid enough to accept this task Excel s even more limited on options from what I can see Please help me If I have to I ll use a Macro but honestly have no idea how to write it Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-hyperlinks-in-word-excel.317862/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey,

So I have had this problem for a while and have just tried to ignore it...but thats not really an option anymore. I know it's a very simple fix, I just dont have a clue how to do it.

I have a Toshiba netbook running windows vista. I have Microsoft Office 2007.

The problem is this. I have a Word document from a professor, or whomever, with hyperlinks. When I do CTRL + click on them I get this error message:
"This operation has been canceled due to ristrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

This is my personal netbook. I use McAfee and know that sometimes it can just be a matter of checking or unchecking an option here. But like I said, I haven't a clue about how to fix it.

Please and thank you for your help!

Relevancy 55.9%

Suddenly, for no apparent reason any hyperlinks ceased to work. They appear as:
{HYPERLINK "http://www.gilland.net" }
(all black text, no underline and not working).
I have Office 2003 and no idea as to what to do!
Help, please???
Fred.

A:Hyperlinks not working in MS Word 2003

From Microsoft Office Pro 2003 Help Files.

How do i enable hyperlinks

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options, and then click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
Under Replace as you type, select or clear the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hyperlinks-not-working-in-ms-word-2003.544653/
Relevancy 55.9%

I was just wondering if anyone might happen to know as why Microsoft Word is changing my hyperlinks to where it is saying Hyperlink and then the mailto information instead of just displaying it as a link like it should be.

I am using Office 2003 Professional for the most part with the exception of Outlook. When it comes to Outlook I am using 2007.

If anyone might happen to have any idea as to why that is occuring and as to how I can fix it permanently, then I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know because at the moment I am totally stumped as to what it could be.

A:Problem with Microsoft Word Hyperlinks

Hi rdonovan,
Sounds like Word is displaying the field codes. I don't know whether it's the same in Office 2003, but in Word 2002, you'd go to Tools/Options and select the View tab. Under "Show", deselect the Field Codes checkbox and click OK. Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-microsoft-word-hyperlinks.797827/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guyz,

having major problems with Word 2000.
Im creating lists, that link to other documents within them.
These have all been uploaded onto my host server. However When you link to the other documents from the initial list from within the ie browser window the linked file opens in the same window.
What i really want to do is have these docs open in a new browser window.
Since this is 2000 and not 2003 There is no Target frame button within the hyperlink settings.
I have though tried to use the tools menu under the view tab and show field codes. then added \t "_blank"
To the end of the hyperlink code.
Also tried added target="_blank" at the end of the hyperlink code aswell.
Both made no difference, docs still open in same window as original list.

Any ideas?

A:Word 2000 Hyperlinks problem

If you're not saving it as html, then the _blank command won't work.

Okay. So is your main document being saved as a DOC file or as HTML?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-hyperlinks-problem.524748/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a large document in Word 2003. It contains over 100 hyperlinks to other docs in my computer and to web sites. When I moved the file to a new computer, all of the hyperlinks became inaccurate and no longer link correctly. The error is uniform throughout the document, but it is too much work to go into each hyperlink and edit them individually. Does anyone know a way to do a "global edit", i.e. change the path for all the existing links to eliminate the erroneous part and keep the correct part?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all On the th document disappeared: 2007 Word Word October I was editing a Word document on my Vista Home laptop Throughout Word document disappeared: Word 2007 editing I pressed Ctrl S to save the doc over the previous version I copied data in from several other files I went back yesterday to edit the document again and it has disappeared The only version of the doc is a previous version dated st Sept I searched on all files modified after th Oct just in case I had saved it under another name Not in there The files I copied data from did come up in the search results though soi knwo the search function is working I checked the default Autosave location - not in there I checked the recycle bin - the doc is not in there and neither are any files or autosaved files I haven't Word document disappeared: Word 2007 emptied my recycle bin for months I cannot find a word doc modified afetr the th October Can it really just have disappeared It is my MBA dissertation paper and I worked on this edit for an awful lot of hours Many thanks

A:Word document disappeared: Word 2007

Welcome Suzanne

I am a lot older than you, but I still remember those term papers and finals. I will dow everything that I can to help

Start with this
DiskDigger | The trusted data recovery solution

http://www.vistax64.com/software/284474-word-document-disappeared-word-2007-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Is there a way to close a Word document in Word 2007 without going to the dropdown menu? What happened to the little 'x' in the upper right hand corner that all other Windows programs still have? I have the minimize, maximize, and large 'X', but if I am only working on 1 Word document and click the large X, the file AND Word both shutdown. Is there any way to get the little 'x' back?

A:Close Word document without shutting down Word as well

Go in word options/personalize and add the command "close"
The icon to close the current document will appear on the upper left tool bar.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/157939-close-word-document-without-shutting-down-word-well.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an old document created in Word Perfect 5.1 saved on a floppy disk. My present computer has Windows 98 and Microsoft Word. I need to edit and print the old Word Perfect document. Can it be translated to Word? Thanks.

A:Transfering word perferct document to Word

You should be able to hit File-Open from Word. Change the files of type (at the bottom of the dialog box) to "all files, *.*" and just double-click the Wordperfect document. It should automatically convert it.

After that, if I were you, I'd go to Tools-Options, Compatibility tab. Change compatibility to Word document. Then, hit ctrl-a to select the entire document, go to Format-Paragraph and make sure line spacing is single; then change the font to Arial, Times new roman, or other Word font, as opposed to the old Wordperfect fonts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-word-perferct-document-to-word.36874/
Relevancy 55.47%

One of our users has a spreadsheet that has hyperlinks in it. She recently opened it up and all the hyperlinks were changed from \\server\sharename\filename to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\Excel\...

what causes this to happen and how can we keep it from happening in the future?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-hyperlinks-change-to-local-path.626163/
Relevancy 55.47%

To pull off hyperlinks I usually rely on VBScript using Word or Excel or even Open Office using Word/Excel hyperlinks from HTMLfiles without Extracting its own Basic However I need to be able to extract and list the full hyperlink address and the accompanying quot Display Text quot of all the hyperlinks in quite a number of HTML files in a situation Extracting hyperlinks from HTMLfiles without Word/Excel where recourse to the forementioned programs will not be possible As the full link Extracting hyperlinks from HTMLfiles without Word/Excel address is not visable on the page only the Display Text it would be a long laborious job for someone to go through each file as this would call for some knowledge of HTML given they would have to examine the source code I doubt if going down the route of quot Edit Hyperlink quot via an editor would even be available to them To cut a long story short does anyone know of a VBScript which will do the job I have scoured the net and the forum and I can't see anything which addresses this I would appreciate anyone's help Thank you

A:Extracting hyperlinks from HTMLfiles without Word/Excel

I would look for something along these lines:
VBScript Using XmlHttp

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299430-extracting-hyperlinks.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have created several excel spread sheets whose cells contain links to various word documents. Is there a way to automatically update the cell OR flag the worksheet the next time it is opened remining that a hyperlink has gone ary?

A:Is there a way to flag Excel hyperlinks to Word documents.

Assuming that you mean awry, not ary, could you explain what you mean by that?Please provide an example of what you are looking to be "remining" (reminded?) of.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/is-there-a-way-to-flag-excel-hyperlinks-to-word-documents/20458.html
Relevancy 55.47%

To pull off hyperlinks hyperlinks from without HTMLfiles Extracting Word/Excel I usually rely on VBScript using Word or Excel or even Open Office using its own Basic However I need to be able to extract and list the full hyperlink address and the accompanying quot Display Text quot of all the hyperlinks in quite a number of HTML files in a situation where recourse to the forementioned programs will not be possible As the full link address is not visable on the page only the Display Text it would be a long laborious job for someone to Extracting hyperlinks from HTMLfiles without Word/Excel go through each file as this would call for some knowledge of HTML given they would have to examine the source code I doubt if going down the route of quot Edit Hyperlink quot via an editor would even be available to them To cut a long story short does anyone know of a VBScript which will do the job I have scoured the net and the forum and I can t see anything which addresses this I would appreciate anyone s help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I recently installed Office 2003 to replace Office 97 and I now have to press & hold the cntl key when clicking on a hyperlink in my document. This is awkward when I am on the phone. Is there a way to disable the need to press the cntl key?

This is my first post so I'm not sure if I have supplied all necessary info.

Thanks

socalhkc

A:Solved: Word 2003 - Hyperlinks Within & To Other Docs

Hi socalhkc, welcome to TSG.

The default behavior in Word 2003 is to require ctrl+click to prevent you from accidentally going to links when you don't mean to, but you can disable it:

Click Tools.
Select Options.
In the Options dialog box, select the Edit tab.
Uncheck Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink.
Click OK.

Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2003-hyperlinks-within-to-other-docs.1029244/
Relevancy 55.47%

So, this is kind of a unique issue. We have a documentation folder that has PDF, Excel, and video files for our employees to use when completing a job. The reason that we have the folder hidden is because we want them to access it through the hyperlink on
their schedule to ensure they are looking at the most recent data. If we allow them free access to the folder they print documentation out, and use it even after it's been updated (not a good thing).
The problem is that hyperlinks to the folder work with everything except videos. PDF files, and all office files will open, but video files return with "No Program is registered to open this file" As soon as I unhide the folder, the video hyperlinks
work.
Does anyone know how I can keep that folder hidden and get hyperlinks to video to work correctly?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8b52232d-95d1-46e6-bf59-2ccfef35f5b9/hyperlinks-to-hidden-folder-in-word-and-access?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

When I click a hyperlink on any Word document I get the following error quot This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer quot It happens only on Word documents not excel power point Internet Explorer Live Mail etc The hyperlinks themselves are Hyperlinks Working in Word Docs Stopped valid and have worked for years Suddenly nothing I can access the documents on my desktop from my laptop via the HomeGroup and they work from there insert a thought It just occurred to me this has been happening ever since I upgraded to Internet Explorer v That's the only real change in the system for weeks now except I changed my virus checker from AVG to Avast end insert I've checked forums and everyone seems to think it has something to do with Outlook - but I do not use Outlook Others believe that Chrome was loaded and later uninstalled but I've kept away from Chrome altogether I would prefer to NOT mess with register keys if possible Please fix for me

A:Hyperlinks in Word Docs Stopped Working

Welcome to Seven Forums dennis brennan. Word 202 is not fully supported by Windows 7, and so most fixes will be geared towards XP. That said, and, yes, this is specifically for Outlook, try the Fixit for Windows 7 on this link. Even if it does not fix your problem, it will do no harm.

Hyperlinks are not working in Outlook

If no fix, what happens when you press Ctrl and click on the hyperlink?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/284414-hyperlinks-word-docs-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all - am a newbie here and a non-teccie my hyperlinks MS Malware whenever Word messing in use I web-browsers with so apologies in advance if this is posted wrongly or the solution is blindingly obvious OK so I ve gone through all the steps in BC s quot Slow Computer Checklist quot - including scanning in safe mode for malware Malware messing with my web-browsers whenever I use hyperlinks in MS Word with half a dozen different programmes - but failed to spot any malware THE PROBLEMApart from painfully slow running right from the log-on screen along with massive memory consumption by Firefox FF or Internet Explorer IE web-browsers the main problem is that FF has suddenly started opening up an extra window whenever it takes me to a website that I have hyperlinked in a MS Word document The first window is the one that I need The second window contains a message that the page could not be found while the address bar has the URL appended by this quot FirefoxHTML shell open command quot If i use IE as the default web browser for my hyperlinks the problem is even worse but no message about shell open command including a Windows message that IE is being closed to prevent quot data execution quot THE IMPACTAs I need to access over webpages every week for research purposes this is a huge waste of both my time and my computer s memory WHAT I VE DONE I ve tried sorting this out with the Firefox support people but without sucess - see this link https support mozilla com en-US questions I came across this article http antivirus about com od windowsbasics a shellopen htm and it seems to indicate that malware might have corrupted the default values of at leats two of my registry keys But I m reluctant to mess with the registry without further guidance Can anyone help

A:Malware messing with my web-browsers whenever I use hyperlinks in MS Word

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342958/malware-messing-with-my-web-browsers-whenever-i-use-hyperlinks-in-ms-word/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I am still using Word 2003 (believe it or not).

Recently I installed it on a new virtual machine (VM).

On the original VM the table of contents (i.e. in Word's menu: Insert --> Reference --> Index and Tables --> Table of Contents) the TOC entries produced worked as hyperlinks. That is, when the reader clicked on one of them, Word jumped to that page number and section.

In the new VM, the TOC's don't function as hyperlinks. When the mouse goes over one of the entries, a message appears under the cursor "Current document, CTRL+click to follow link". Either just clicking or clicking while holding down the ctrl key does nothing.

Any ideas of what setting may be wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Andynic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-table-of-contents-hyperlinks-not-working.1123614/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi there

i did a search awhile back for email addys in a document...in the course of setting up the search, i changed some setting somewhere so that now when i type in either an email or a website, the formatting is {HYPERLINK...yada yada yada} instead of a blue highlighted and active link

i CAN change the formatting (under styles) to hyperlink, but it's not active.

where do i go to make this right?

Relevancy 55.47%

Something's happened to my Word. When I paste in a hyperlink it appears like this

{ HYPERLINK "http://www.mpa.gov.uk/committees/x-hr/2001/010621/08.htm"\t"_blank" }

How do I change the settings please to get a regular hyperlink?

A:Solved: Strange hyperlinks in MS Word 2003

Click on Tools >> Options >> View Tab >> Uncheck Field Codes

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-hyperlinks-in-ms-word-2003.719623/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, All,

I hope someone can help me on this. I don't know why this is happening (it was not this way in the past) but whenever I try to execute a hyperlink in Excel I receive an error message stating, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." If I copy the file and use it on another computer the hyperlink works.

My computer is not a corporate computer and I am the only user. It runs Windows 7 and Office 2007. It is on a (wired) network with the Home classification. I also use Norton Internet Security.

Does anyone have any idea what setting is causing this and how can I change it?

Thanks,
Dennis

A:Solved: Hyperlinks Blocked in Excel and Word

A lil googling brought me this, hope it helps http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hyperlinks-blocked-in-excel-and-word.941581/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've done extensive searching on Google, but am unable to find a solution to my problem anywhere.

The problem is that when I try to click on a hyperlink in Word and Excel, it fails, saying that "no program is registered to open this file".

This is Office 2010 running on Windows 7. Does anyone here happen to know how to resolve this issue?

A:Unable to open hyperlinks in Word and Excel

This MS website may help you.

Error message when clicking hyperlink in Office: "Cannot locate the Internet server or proxy server"

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/343863-unable-open-hyperlinks-word-excel.html
Relevancy 55.04%

excel hyperlinks change to local path One of our offices has many spreadsheets that have hyperlinks to documents on the server. They recently noticed that some of the hyperlinks were changed from \\folder1\folder2\folder3\folder4\folder5\folder6\filename.xls to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\filename.xls

Do you know what is causing this to happen? Also, will they all have to be manually fixed?

We are using Excel 2007 on Windows XP and some Windows 7 machines.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-hyperlinks-change-to-local-path-on-save.935389/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all I ve searched here and Googled The problem but no solution has been posted elsewhere and I m hoping someone here can help Problem Nearly hyperlinks in an Excel workbook now point to the wrong directory drive and need to be repointed For example Old hyperlink dsnetapp data doc name pdf New hyperlink I data doc name pdf All of the documents to which the hyperlinks point have been moved to a new drive Excel 2003: Solved: Possible to Change Globally Hyperlinks? and no longer work What I ve tried Solved: Excel 2003: Possible to Globally Change Hyperlinks? Search and replace doesn t work manually editing a single hyperlink doesn t work Everything reverts back t the dsnetapp address The workbook worksheet and cells are not protected The workbook is not read-only The only thing that seems to work is re-doing each hyperlink go into Edit Hypelink navigate to new location select pdf and save I would like to find some fix that s less time-consuming and would appreciate any assistance Thank you Brent nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

i have the following query.

Random number:Rnd([DE_fjrnldate])

the DE_fjrnldate - is a date that may or maynot be the same for different records.
now when i run the query each record has a unique number. which is exactly what i want.
however, when i rerun the query or click on the random number field the random number changes. i need to be able to run the random number and then that random number not change. right now i have to export the query into MS Excell and then import it back into MSAccess, to do further work on it. i have tried to put in a seed number ie. (55) but that results in all the records having the same random number.

any help appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,
I would appreciate suggestions for how to change USB port numbers both in Windows 7 Starter and in Windows 7 Home Premium.
Windows XP makes this operation easy, but I have found no comparable method in Windows 7 Starter. Is the problem that I am using Starter? Can it be done in Home Premium?
Thanks,
Richard

A:change USB port numbers

Quote: Originally Posted by hochschild

Hello,
I would appreciate suggestions for how to change USB port numbers both in Windows 7 Starter and in Windows 7 Home Premium.
Windows XP makes this operation easy, but I have found no comparable method in Windows 7 Starter. Is the problem that I am using Starter? Can it be done in Home Premium?
Thanks,
Richard

Hi and welcome

This is a new one on me. why do you need to change them?

Ken J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39954-change-usb-port-numbers.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I'm a newbie here and I've loaded a prolific programme in my computer and it can't go lower than com7, I would like to change it for lower, like com1 or 2.

A:Can I change com numbers on my windows

Quote: Originally Posted by apivin

Hi, I'm a newbie here and I've loaded a prolific programme in my computer and it can't go lower than com7, I would like to change it for lower, like com1 or 2.

Welcome apivin to the windows 7 forums.

You might help by filling out the system spec's on your system.

Also, Is your problem that the program your trying to run requires a com port higher than 7?

You can in most cases, in your system configuration rename the com port to a higher number.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/215322-can-i-change-com-numbers-my-windows.html