Windows Support Forum

outlook 2003 missing features - please help

Q: outlook 2003 missing features - please help

Hello All, I am running winxp with outlook 2003 SP3, part of the MS standard edition office suite for students/teachers. I have two issues that have been driving my bonkers for about a week.

1. Import/Export - The import/export option is not on the file menu. Even after expanding the chevrons and whatnot it simply does not exist. I've had a very difficult time even searching for help on this subject.

2. Vacation/Autoresponder - this feature is also not available anywhere.

At first I thought it was a limitation of my student edition software but I've found no evidence to support this version with limited features.

Please help me figure out how to enable/install these features!

Thank you,
David

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: outlook 2003 missing features - please help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: outlook 2003 missing features - please help

Hi David, and welcome to TSG.

I believe the vacation/autoresponder "Out of Office Assistant" in the Tools menu is only available for e-mail account on an MS-Exchange server.

Have no idea why you don't get the File -> Import & Export choice in the main Outlook screen. Shows up fine in my version of Outlook 2003 SP2, on XP Home SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-missing-features-please-help.646840/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Not sure what happened but the EDIT features of Behaviors in Frontpage have disappeared Frontpage Right-click features 'Edit' Behavior missing. 2003 on my computer Used to be I could right-click on one of the behaviors and change its name or id and if I double-clicked on it it would open it up so I could see how it was set such as what element was Frontpage 2003 Right-click Behavior 'Edit' features missing. listed and the Frontpage 2003 Right-click Behavior 'Edit' features missing. setting for it such as div and visible for example Now Insert Delete Choose Event show up Move Rouw Up Move Row Down are grayed out and nothing else shows up I don t remember what else used to show up but I know if I double-clicke it that it opened up the current setting just as if I was creating it and let me change visible-to-invisible or modify ONE setting or add ONE to it Now the ONLY option is to delete it and start ALL over again recreating each and every procedure from scratch VERY bad as makes me do this just for one simple little change Any help would be appreciated I know Frontpage is old so am I but it s just about all I use Thank you John nbsp

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/frontpage-2003-right-click-behavior-edit-features-missing.4068679/
Relevancy 71.81%

1. Contact form: the right side, text box is missing the narrow rectangular section at the bottom with a "Contacts" button to its left allowing for the selection and addition of linked contacts?

2. The Appointment form is missing this same box for linked contacts.

3. (Example illustrating problem): Open a contact, on the communicate section of the ribbon, click More then Task. The resultant Task form differs in a few ways from the Task form that opens within Tasks when Adding a Task:
a. 2 'checkoff boxes appear below the start/stop dates: 1) 'keep updated with...' and 2) 'send me status...'. I understand their significance to many and could easily live with these absent a way to remove.
b. IMPORTANTLY, there is no 'checkoff box' for a reminder nor is there an associated reminder date/time?????

I've searched and cannot find a way to toggle change for 1,2, or 3.

Is there none?

Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394954-outlook-365-missing-features.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a user that is missing her Menu bar (file, edit, tools....etc), I have read through the steps on an older post that is now closed about deleting the outcmd.datbut my issue is they are on a thin client, we have 12 terminal servers with a little over 300 users(not all users are on thin clients) and it seems as far as I know this is the only user having the issue. hope someone can help, Thanks you

A:Menu Bar is missing in outlook 2003

Hi there, welcome to the board!

Try looking for View | Toolbars | Customize (that's what it is in Excel 2003, I think it's the same in Outlook 2003), click on the Toolbars tab, look for the menu bar there. Checking the proper menu name ("menu bar" I believe) will hide or unhide it. Take a look here:
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/468881-menu-bar-missing-outlook-2003-a.html

Also, I would check if there are any add-ins installed which may be hiding the command bar with code. Disabling these add-ins and unhiding the command bar (then closing and re-opening Outlook) should tell you if one of the add-ins is causing this behavior. Adding them back one-by-one, closing and re-opening Outlook at every iteration, should identify which one.

I'd also recommend the "outcmd.dat" trick (must be done with Outlook closed) but you say you've tried that (referenced in the above thread link as well). I'd also check any code in the Outlook's ThisOutlookSession module (hit ALT + F11 to open the VBE, expand your Project Explorer, double-click the module to open the code pane, see if there are any events running.

You could always add a standard module and try code like the following:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa141004(v=office.10).aspx
Where you could call it like this...

Code:
Sub foo()
Call CBToolbarShow("Menu Bar", True)
End Sub
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/menu-bar-is-missing-in-outlook-2003.1118016/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I have very strange problem with outlook 2003. the emails that I sent has successfully moved to sent items. but the receiver has never received it. there is not problem when I send by webmail. does anyone know what might be the causer?

Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

Fsome reason I have lost the information from Mail panel showind new mailings.

I cannot find out how to correct this. Must be blind

Appreciate assistance please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/379673-outlook-2003-mail-missing.html
Relevancy 60.63%

After upgrading from office 2000 pro to office 2003 standard, I can't get the menu bar to show up on outlook. The other tool bars are there, but main menu bar is missing. The tool bar options dialog does no good. This is happening only on one of the two users I have configured on the system. On the other use account, eveything is fine. Also, the other office applications (work, excel & powerpoint) are fine for both user accounts. Both user account are admin users. I have place a support request into microsoft, but I am trying to cover all my bases. I also tried to reinstall office, but that made no difference. I have also run through all the MS updates, both for XP pro and Office 2003. Except for trying a complete uninstall and then reinstall, I don't know what to try next. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyone seen this before?
Thanks!

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there All

Hope that you will understand what i am trying to tell you.

Ok, this user has a laptop and he is using microsoft outlook 2003. he connects to an exchanger server. he is also using a PST file.

Now he created new folders where he would organise his emails. The one folder, lets call it "Jack" is now missing. we can not find it anywhere. In Outlook you have that find function. Well i run that function searching for emails that belonged in that folder. All of them come up but i can not see where they are placed now. Those emails belong in the "Jack" folder but i can't find the "Jack" folder.

Can anyone help me on this? is there a way to see where a message is from in the find function???

Thank you and hope you understand.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello this is the issue i'm having. I'm syncing my Palm Pre with my corporate email and for some reason i'm missing about 7-10 contacts in Outlook on my pc. But they are on my phone. any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348840/missing-contacts-in-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 59.77%

I was going through the online tutorial re changing an appointment to a meeting. It said to open up the appointment and click on "invite attendees" on the standard menu bar. There is no such button. My husband has Outlook on his computer and it has that button. When I go to "customize", the button isn't available to add. Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 59.77%

I've started having a number of problems with Outlook 2003. The latest is that when I want to create message and click on the To or Cc boxes, the Select Names box opens but there is nothing in the Shows Names from the: box, and the To, Cc and Bcc at the bottom are all greyed out. I've tried all kinds of things but nothing works. However, Contacts still has all the info in it so if I type a name in the To or Cc box, the email address appears.

A:Outlook 2003 address book missing

You will have to try some commercial recovery tools. Several are listed here: https://www.repairtoolbox.com/addressbookrepair.html Address Book Repair Toolbox
See if this helps https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...=officegeneral

OR apply next steps?

When the Outlook Address Book service has already been added and the option to select the Contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book is still disabled and greyed out, it means that the Outlook Address Book service is corrupted.
To fix this you can remove the Outlook Address Book service, restart Outlook, and then add it again as indicated by the steps above.
Sadly this workaround will not work in Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 as removing the Outlook Address Book service is not supported in these versions. In this case, you must recreate your mail profile.
(Re)creating a mail profile
Once you?ve located and opened the Mail applet, you can recreate your mail profile via the following steps:
1. Press the button Add?
- Do NOT use Copy? not even when you want to recreate your mail profile or you?ll end up copying the corruption as well.
- Do NOT delete your old profile, not even when it is corrupted, before you verified that the new one works. You might want to look up some account settings afterwards.
2. Enter a name for your new Mail Profile.
3. Select to add a new mail account.
4. Make sure you choose the correct account type. Ask your ISP or administrator if you do not know this.
- If you are using Live Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo or AOL, you can find the settings you need to follow to another page.
- In Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013, you can simply type your desired display name, email address and password and Outlook will try to determine and configure your account automatically. If this fails you can still choose to configure it manually with the information provided by your ISP.
5. Follow on-screen instructions to (further) configure your account. Again; Ask your ISP or administrator if you do not know these details.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/125484-outlook-2003-address-book-missing.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to draw arrows in an e-mail. I'm using Outlook 2003 in Windows XP. It seems I only have access to about 4 toolbars, i.e., Standard, Advanced, etc. The drawing toolbar is not there.

Is it not available in Outlook 2003?

I've Googled for over an hour and just can't find any definitive answer.

A:Solved: Missing Toolbars in Outlook 2003

Welcome to the forum.

You are using Outlook as an email editor instead of Word. To change that go to "Tools">>"Options" from the menu bar and select the "Mail Format" tab. Within her check the checkbox that says "Use Microsoft Word to edit E-Mail messages." Some of the names might be different since I am not using 2003 anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-toolbars-in-outlook-2003.769116/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all...Hope you can help

Just installed MSOffice 2003 over top of my MSOffice XP and alls I can say is...”This suite is very, very kewl.”

Everything runs fantastic except for one thing…I have lost my Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon. The install removed my Outlook 2002 Desktop Icon and did not replace it with a 2003 one.

I searched MS's site for any info and only came up with info on how to restore the Outlook 98, 2000, and 2002 Desktop Icon. For the heck of it I also uninstalled and reinstalled MSOffice 2003 but that did not come up with the desired results. Is there a registry key I have to edit to bring it back?

Note: I did NOT delete it, it just did not show up. I know I can create a shortcut but I would prefer the real deal.

Thanks in advance...

A:Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon Missing

Hey all...

If anybody is interested...

I also sent an e-mail to MS and to my astonishment I got an answer back approx 5 hrs after I posted this. Unforunately I was not able to post their answer until now.

From MS:
Regarding your question… The new logo requirements for applications built for Windows XP specify that no application should install a desktop icon. The Outlook icon has moved to the Start menu when installed on WinXP.Click to expand...

So basically if your running WinXP and you install MSOffice 2003 you will not get an Outlook 2003 Desktop icon...

Well now we know...

Laters,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-desktop-icon-missing.170597/
Relevancy 59.77%

I've started having a number of problems with Outlook 2003. The latest is that when I want to create message and click on the To or Cc boxes, the Select Names box opens but there is nothing in the Shows Names from the: box, and the To, Cc and Bcc at the bottom are all greyed out. I've tried all kinds of things but nothing works. However, Contacts still has all the info in it so if I type a name in the To or Cc box, the email address appears.

A:Outlook 2003 address book missing

When the Outlook Address Book service has already been added and the option to select the Contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book is still disabled and greyed out, it means that the Outlook Address Book service is corrupted.
To fix this you can remove the Outlook Address Book service, restart Outlook, and then add it again as indicated by the steps above.
Sadly this workaround will not work in Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 as removing the Outlook Address Book service is not supported in these versions. In this case, you must recreate your mail profile.
(Re)creating a mail profile
Once you?ve located and opened the Mail applet, you can recreate your mail profile via the following steps:
1. Press the button Add?
- Do NOT use Copy? not even when you want to recreate your mail profile or you?ll end up copying the corruption as well.
- Do NOT delete your old profile, not even when it is corrupted, before you verified that the new one works. You might want to look up some account settings afterwards.
2. Enter a name for your new Mail Profile.
3. Select to add a new mail account.
4. Make sure you choose the correct account type. Ask your ISP or administrator if you do not know this.
- If you are using Live Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo or AOL, you can find the settings you need to follow to another page.
- In Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013, you can simply type your desired display name, email address and password and Outlook will try to determine and configure your account automatically. If this fails you can still choose to configure it manually with the information provided by your ISP.
5. Follow on-screen instructions to (further) configure your account. Again; Ask your ISP or administrator if you do not know these details.
Otherwise, you'll have to try some commercial recovery tools. Several are listed here: https://www.repairtoolbox.com/addressbookrepair.html Address Book Repair Toolbox
See if this helps: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...=officegeneral

http://www.techist.com/forums/f50/outlook-2003-address-book-missing-275089/
Relevancy 59.77%

Last winter "Contacts" - 2003 Outlook folder Missing I did a mass mailing from a folder in the quot Contacts quot section called quot Companies quot Recently I wanted to do another mailing so I went into the quot Contacts quot section but the folder quot Companies quot was not there Other folders in quot Contacts quot were there but not that one How it disappeared I do not know When I go into the quot Sent quot section and back to last winter I can search on the name of any addressee in the mass mailing and it brings up the full record as I made in the quot Companies quot folder So it is there somewhere but I can t find it Also in Outlook I can go to quot Tools quot and then click on quot Address Book quot In that section it asks me quot Show names from the quot and it gives me a dron-down menu Outlook 2003 - Missing "Contacts" folder of folders in the Contacts area and quot Companies quot is one of the ones listed When I click on it it comes up with a list of names and email addresses of all the people in the quot Companies quot folder So it exists somewhere Any idea of how Outlook 2003 - Missing "Contacts" folder I can find it Thanks Peter

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477037/outlook-2003-missing-contacts-folder/
Relevancy 59.77%

I downloaded avg internet security 9.0 on my xp desktop after using it in the trial period without problem (spam toolbar visible). 2 days later while using outlook my computer froze up, I rebooted, opened outlook and was told a critical error had occured and that it would disable avg but that I could reset it somehow (didn't read that part). I've uninstalled and reinstalled avg, been through the mill with avg techsupport and still no spam toolbar to be seen. Avg tech mentioned something about a COM addin that I should find, but there was nothing there. I think that this is where the problem may lie. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-spam-toolbar-missing-on-outlook-2003.903761/
Relevancy 59.77%

My boss has Outlook and a blackberry I have no idea if the blackberry even figures into this He uses his calendar regularly and he also regularly archives his calendar items when 2003 missing Items Calendar Outlook Outlook asks if he would like to Up until he got his Blackberry Pearl everything was available if he needed to go back and check items In December he told me that all of his items from February until September Outlook 2003 Calendar Items missing were not available either on the calendar or via the archive Everthing prior to that was in archive We did some troubleshooting and checked his settings No one else had the problem and we did nothing He just emailed me and let me know that everthing prior to April of this year has now disappeared We do need to keep his calendar items for legal reasons Question Does anyone know why we are losing the items after successfully archiving from until Does anyone know how to get the items back Any help at all would be appreciated AMRS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-calendar-items-missing.733686/
Relevancy 59.34%

How can I bring my "Favorite Folders" into view? All I can see is "All Folders".

When I right click on a folder to add it to my "Favorite Folders", it only gives me the option to remove it from "Favorite Folders". When I do a search in the help files, it just tells me how to add and remove things, not how to show it.

Thanks
Peg

A:Solved: Missing Outlook 2003 Favorite Folders

Hi MPeg3

On the Navigation Pane click on the Mail icon:

The Favorites Folder should appear:

I keep my Navigation Pane small:

Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Empty the Favorite Folders pane to save space

Let us know if that works for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-outlook-2003-favorite-folders.383388/
Relevancy 59.34%

I've just rebuilt my PC and re-installed Office 2003. I have added my old personal address book to outlook, but I can't get an option to add new addresses to it.

Previously when I right clicked on an address in an email I got this a drop down with the following options (Properties, Send Options, Add to Contacts, Look up Contact, Add to Personal Address Book, Cut, Copy, Paste, Clear, Select All)

Now I get a completely different list (the email address itself, Schedule A Meeting, Getting Office Location, Call, Send Mail, Additional Actions, Create Rule, Send Options, Add to Outlook Contacts, Look up Contact, Outlook Properties, Copy)

Why am I getting this difference and how do I get the Add to Personal Address Book option back ? I've tried removing the address book and the contacts and adding it back, restarting outlook and the machine but no joy

A:Outlook 2003 : Add to Personal Address Book Missing

Anyone got any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-add-to-personal-address-book-missing.759128/
Relevancy 59.34%

i have suddenly had the same experience as others with the send/receive button in outlook 2003 disappearing upon startup of outlook. have tried all of the suggested remedies without success, including creating a new profile. For that i just added a 1 next to the name and included the same information as the other profile. I got the same response as always - no send/receive. Is there something different i need to do?

i am using xp professional. have used all of this for years and years and it's only the last couple of days that this has come up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-send-receive-button-in-outlook-2003.874987/
Relevancy 59.34%

In Outlook 2003 when forwarding, replying or a new email when I go to insert addresses using the To button I get an error message that "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions..........." If I go to Contacts in Outlook 2003 all my contacts and addresses are there, even adding a new contact does not appear in the 'Select Names' drop down list. Hope you can help.http://images.techguy.org/icon/icon8.gif
Angry

A:Solved: Missing contacts list in Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319901

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-contacts-list-in-outlook-2003.574723/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have no way to manage my spam folder and approve or deny senders since the anti spam tool bar disappeared on my outlook 2003. On CNET I found this suggestion (copied below), however, when I got to the step of the symantec folder I discovered I didn't have one.

Any other ideas?
In Microsoft Outlook go to:
Tools > Options > Other > Advanced Options > COM Add-ins
Do an ADD...
find the file NASPlug.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Antispam\
Select it and say 'OK'.

This should trigger Norton Internet Security to re-add the Norton Toolbar and folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-spam-toolbar-missing-on-outlook-2003.883974/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all My office retrieves email from a remote Exchange server All clients are configured to connect using HTTP RPC using SSL and basic auth Additionally all clients are set to run in cached mode I have a single user let s call this User A who periodically complains that he is not getting the attachments sent from one other user User B in the office When 2003 Attachments Outlook Mode Cached Missing? - I go and check it is exactly as User A described it All other attachments from other users during the same time frame are available Attachments from User B are not However Outlook is aware that Outlook 2003 Cached Mode - Attachments Missing? there is an attachment and will show the attachments as faded or translucent It will not allow User A to download the attachment If I disable cache mode User A can access the attachment Further if I recreate the OST file User A can access the attachment s from User B Even new attachments sent by User B after the OST file recreation But within a week or two the problem resurfaces for User A The problem is again between the same two users A amp B User B does not have this problem with anyone else I have checked every setting I can think of on both clients I have verified that User A is configured to download full items including attachments and that there are no size limitations Anyone have a clue what could be causing this Why would it only be happening between User A and User B nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cached-mode-attachments-missing.787021/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am having some problem with my Outlook calendar and it has stumped by "tech-guy." I'm hoping someone will have an answer for my problem.

There are missing entries in my current calendar as well as my archive calendar. My auto-archive is set for items older than 6 months, however my current calendar only shows back to the beginning of November 2010. Prior to 11/10 it only shows reoccurring appts.

The earliest appointments the Archive calendars shows is from Sept. 2009 or earlier.

So I am missing October 2009-October 2010.

Can someone please help me??

Thank you! Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-calendar-archive-files-missing.973071/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello. I recently installed Outlook 2003 (for the purpose of having an address book that can be synced with an iPhone). I understood that it would show up in iTunes as one of the programs listed for syncing. It does not.

As I did some research, it was suggested that I go to my Internet Options > Programs to set Outlook as the default mail, calendar, contacts handler. The only problem is that Oultook is not listed there! Outlook Express is, but no Outlook.

As I poked around a bit more, it seems that the issue is that the Outlook is not properly in the registry. I have only a vague sense of what that means and do not know how to fix the problem -- if in fact that is the problem.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

A:Solved: OUTLOOK 2003 Apparently Missing from Registry

*bump*

(sorry to be a nudge)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-apparently-missing-from-registry.680195/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,

I hope someone out there can help me. I just imported all my mails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 - but all my forward/reply icons related to my mails are missing.

Is it possible to import these too ?
Shall I do the export/import in another way ?

I hope someone can help me, thank you for your time.

Best Regards
Vifa

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/forward-reply-icons-missing-in-outlook-2003-after-import-1091674.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When I start outlook 2003 the send/receive button appears briefly but then disappears. Also the drop down menu for tools doesn't have send/receive menu either, as a result I can't send or receive. my email account has been set up but still no send or receive.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have to sort out a huge base of about contacts infortunatelly in excel The data Importing Data Random outlook when to missing contacts excel (2003) from is entered in a sloppy way you got writen comments next to mobile numbers mixed Greek and English languages full text Addresses Not separated in Street Region Country etc and any other stupidity you can immagine Nevertheless I managed to import Random Data missing when Importing contacts from excel to outlook (2003) this mess on to Outlook the standard way - put headers in the excell according to Outlook requirements LastName FirstName etc selected the data area all data columns and inserted a name for it When mapping fields in the outlook import interface I decided to map the full text addresses column as Notes full text supported All went fine after several tries though and imported this huge list of contacts THE PROBLEM there is data missing randomly in over of the contacts Some Contacts are without quot BusinessPhone quot numbers others without MobilePhone and so on I cant figure out what is going on since every time I import the Contacts tried many times to find some paterns there seem to be different data missing even though Greek fonts that I feared would be an issue are imported properly Unicode Supported Could it be that the Outlook refuses to import some data because the formating in the excel sheet does not correspond to what it expects to receive Is there any particular formating that has to be applied to the ecxel sheet or cells for the data to be properly imported Any ideas on what might be causing this weird behaviour nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-data-missing-when-importing-contacts-from-excel-to-outlook-2003.274988/
Relevancy 53.75%

i bought my netbook used a couple weeks ago. it has windows 7 home premium but some of the features r missing. for ex, my search bar in my start menu isnt there. i dont have access to gadgets and cant find them anywhere on my computer. any help appreciated

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

Whenever a new pop up box appears it looks like this

http://i.imgur.com/E9Mnbh0.png

When I move the box a bit then all of the elements appear but the pictures do not.

Any solution please?

A:Windows 7 pop up box features missing?

Download, install declining Trial version, update and run a full scan with Malwarebytes
and SUPERAntiSpyware .

Then run SFC /SCANNOW Command.

Report back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/360700-windows-7-pop-up-box-features-missing.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I use to have Vista 32 installed and I just recently installed Vista 64. There are a few features I had with the 32bit version that I do not have with the 64bit version. FIrst that I was able to have the Areo view with the 32bit version which is now not available (the transparent dialogs and other stuff.) Also when I did a control-alt-tab when I was playing video I could see the video in the application change dialog. I no longer have that feature either. Both the 32bit and 64bit were sp1. Any ideas why I am missing features in the 64bit ulimate version that I had with the 32bit version? THanks.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, i've posted this in the Windows 7/Vista section as there doesn't seem to be a Windows 8 section yet. I've got a Windows 8 Media Center Pack product key, and the email from Microsoft says to use "Add Features". But it's not there. I've got Windows 8 Pro N, i've searched "add features" but there's nothing found, I've pressed CTRL + X and selected System, but there's nothing about adding any features. How can I open Add Features?

A:Windows 8 Pro Add Features Missing

Moved to Windows 8 section . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-pro-add-features-missing-678499.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having trouble with wayward vista features ..... I managed to restore my aero theme which had vanished, thanks to this forum ...... but the other problem/s I have is the feature in vista which allows you to look at yr open windows in 3d, located on taskbar next to show desktop, nowhere to be seen ....

Also, I don't seem to be able to run a successful system restore, keeps saying was unable to continue.
Any ideas would be warmly welcomed!!

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-vista-features.831202/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a tricky problem a user is experiencing with outlook 2003.

He has access to view several other users calendar.

When looking at the calendar view in outlook 2003, down the left hand side he can see each shared calendar he has opened under the “other calendars” section. Each calendar can viewed or hidden by ticking or un-ticking it’s check box.

The problem is for one specific users calendar, this check box refuses to appear, this users calendar can be viewed okay when opened normally. He has tried several other machines and the same problem occurs.

The 2003 client access and Exchange 5.5 back-end. Running Outlook 2003 on win XP pro.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-other-calendar-tick-box-missing.323737/
Relevancy 53.32%

HELP! I cannot open Outlook 2003 due to ... "The file add-in "MSSPC.ECF" is missing or is not valid."
I tried to open Outlook in Safe Mode without success. I also ran "Detect and Repair" without success.
I was told by folks at ChaseandSam.com that there is a fix for my problem that should not destroy my unsaved Outlook Address Book and unsaved emails (Note: I did backup my Outlook.pst folder onto a DVD. Will that backup save my email?)
Is there a way I can search/locate and backup my Address Book even though I cannot open Outlook?
Does anyone know the fix for my problem?
If I have to reinstall Professional Office 2003, is there a way to only reinstall Outlook and will the reinstall destroy my Address Book?
Thanks for your help and feedback, Jim Lance

A:Outlook 2003 - Cannot open_File add-in "MSSPC.ECF" missing ...

I thought I heard that file was a Schedule+ add-in.

One suggestion was to search for and rename the extend.dat file

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-open_file-add-in-msspc-ecf-missing.673643/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys, I got this problem recently with my Outlook 2003. Previously i am using a IMAP account for my 2003 but recently i had add another MS Exchange Server account into the same profile and this where the problem start. I need to do this because I will need the IMAP users to have access to the Global Address List.

Before whenever i print the my email, it will always show my name on top of the printout, but after adding the MS Exchange Server account, it just disappeared. Tried alots of ways but it just would not work. Can someone help me on this?

Someone on other forum mention that the outlook will go bonker if i tried add a exchange acc into a IMAP profile ..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2003-missing-name-header-printout.724739/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, my programs and features screen (uninstall or change a program), is missing the details (publisher, installed on, size, version) after I uninstalled itunes from my second hard drive. What can I do to fix it?

I have attached a picture to further explain the issue, thank you.

A:Programs and features details missing.

Try right clicking on the column named Name...
...and selecting the other columns of interest from the context menu:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307415-programs-features-details-missing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've just done a clean install on an Acer 7520 laptop with a Dell OEM version of Vista Ultimate, was previously running Vista Home Premium.
My sister has it installed on her Dell so I know it works but the problem I've got is it looks more like Vista Basic.
I think alot of the drivers are missing. I've tried going to the Acer website but its not obvious which ones I need and some that I've downloaded dont solve the problem.
I tried to download the graphics card driver directly from NVIDIA but that hasn't solved the problem either.
When I go into the Device Manager I seem to be missing drivers for:
Human Interface Devices
Imagingin Devices
Monitor
PCMCIA Adaptors
Also the buttons for bluetooth,email,web and the volume wheel do not work.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
My IT knowledge isn't brilliant so would appreciate advice in easy to understand language please!

A:Vista Ultimate features missing

Hello suecoo66

Welcome to TSF

Make sure that you have the extra components enabled

1. Select Start, Control Panel and then Uninstall A Program

2. On the left hand side of the screen select Turn Windows Features On Or Off

3. Select as many features as you want, some may require a restart

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-features-missing-263396.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello! I was trying to turn on my telnet for the first time in my netbook running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, but I couldn't see the check box for it in Windows Features.

Here's a screenshot of my Windows Features:

See? No telnet. Any idea how to fix this? Or any other way to get my telnet turned on? Please help! Thank you.

A:Telnet Missing in Windows Features

It might be on the windows install disc. But; then again; there is also a chance that microsoft did not include it in the releases of windows 7 as quite a bit of people use other programs. etc. to access what telnet could.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334516-telnet-missing-windows-features.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I m using Outlook on Windows I am using Outlook preview pane When I preview a message that has embedded images the first image will be blank with the red x in the upper left corner However any remaining images in that email or the email trail are displaying properly If I click on quot forward quot and Outlook opens the message in a new Outlook in red first image 2003 x - ONLY image missing email on window then ALL images display properly - including the first one that was not displaying in the preview mode This has happened to me in the past then it started working correctly then yesterday I m back to having Outlook 2003 - red x missing image ONLY on first image in email the error No new programs were installed yesterday The only thing I can think of that I did yesterday was to turn on Google Desktop Toolbar within Outlook I have since turned it off and Outlook 2003 - red x missing image ONLY on first image in email restarted Outlook and restarted my PC and still have the problem I have ran detect and repair and it did not help Any suggestions would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Ok so everything was working well until the last couple of Windows Updates There are updates Update for Windows KB Installation status Failed missing) fails Features (Search Windows Error details Code F F Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows KB Installation status Failed Error details Code F F Update for Windows KB Installation status Failed Error details Code F F Update for Windows KB Installation status Failed Error details Code Windows Features fails (Search missing) D These all fail in the Windows Updates But that doesn't really bother me My real problem is the Windows Search function It looks like it has been disabled aka no search on the start button or any explorer windows But in Turn Windows Features on off the windows search is ticked If i try to uninstall it and untick it click ok and i get quot An error occurred and not all features have been installed quot Basically saying you cant uninstall it even though it appears to be uninstalled anyway Not sure if the Windows Update and the Search are linked but is there a way to solve this WITHOUT doing a re-install of the whole Windows Only just installed it again and got all my programs installed Thanks EDIT also i know its not installed as when i go WinKey F i get alertbox Search Class not registered

A:Windows Features fails (Search missing)

Clean install highly recommended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/46029-windows-features-fails-search-missing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

While trying to reconstruct missing files after a corrupted HDD copied over to a new HDD DSIM command succeeds with several quot log: find DISM missing how features in Install.wim would the I components quot unavailable on the mounted DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim install wim Win Pro How can I relate the following to specific features Everything else succeeds and I am DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim using the downloaded iso from microsoft on a former Win Pro autoupdated to Win Pro - - Info DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Error in operation source DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim for package or file not found ResolveSource unsuccessful CBS HRESULT x f f - CCbsConUIHandler Error - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed finalizing changes - CDISMPackageManager Internal Finalize hr x f f - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID The source files could not be found their location must be specified using the source option to restore the feature - GetCbsErrorMsg - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager RestoreHealth hr x f f - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID The source files could not be found their location must be specified using the source option to restore the feature - GetCbsErrorMsg - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed to restore the image health - CPackageManagerCLIHandler ProcessCmdLine CleanupImage hr x f f - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed while processing command cleanup-image - CPackageManagerCLIHandler ExecuteCmdLine hr x f f

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67706-dism-log-how-would-i-find-features-missing-install-wim.html
Relevancy 52.46%

While trying to reconstruct missing files after a corrupted HDD copied over to Install.wim the I how would missing DSIM find features in log: a new HDD DSIM command succeeds with several quot DSIM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim components quot unavailable on the mounted install wim Win Pro How can I relate the following to specific features Everything DSIM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim else succeeds and I am using the downloaded iso from microsoft on a former Win Pro autoupdated to Win Pro - - Info DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Error in DSIM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim operation source for package or file not found ResolveSource unsuccessful CBS HRESULT x f f - CCbsConUIHandler Error - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed finalizing changes - CDISMPackageManager Internal Finalize hr x f f - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID The source files could not be found their location must be specified using the source option to restore the feature - GetCbsErrorMsg - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager RestoreHealth hr x f f - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID The source files could not be found their location must be specified using the source option to restore the feature - GetCbsErrorMsg - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed to restore the image health - CPackageManagerCLIHandler ProcessCmdLine CleanupImage hr x f f - - Error DISM DISM Package Manager PID TID Failed while processing command cleanup-image - CPackageManagerCLIHandler ExecuteCmdLine hr x f f

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67706-dsim-log-how-would-i-find-features-missing-install-wim.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The search box is gone from windows explore (not IE) and the startmenu. Researched the issue. Already checked to seach if the search field was enabled in control panel>turn on/off features. Tried turning it off and on then restarting.
Running the ultimate edition. Don't have any past restore points to go back to. I just installed windows 7, my drivers, and my normal software. This is a fresh install with this missing search bar.

I don't have the search bar in Internet Explore disabled with some kind of hack.
I restored default settings in 'folder options' in control panel.

I want to avoid having to reformat . The search feature was working fine. Could i have installed something that is not compatible or conflicting and causing this issue?

I had the search bar for 8 days.

A:Search bar in Explore missing (its enabled in features)

Is your toolbar locked? Sometimes they slide around and get lost behind something else. Try unlocking it and sliding your other menubar elements around.

Windows Explorer Address and Search Bar - Change Size

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23618-search-bar-explore-missing-its-enabled-features.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a SATA drive that is giving me problems every couple of weeks it deletes link buttons, several system links, program features and the system restore points. I have to go into program features to restore MS Office and into programs to reload my links. It is partitioned with 2 other hard drives which don't have this problem.

A:Missing Systems, Links and Program Features

That is probably a Sata drive - but the drive is not at fault. It is probably some process that does this to you. Do you have any programs that you installed yourself and which are those.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/320441-missing-systems-links-program-features.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A few days ago I finally upgraded my X220 from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. However I've discovered to features have gone missing, which really bugs me. First the battery gauge is gone. Google and tried most of suggestion I've found but without any luck. Second the WiDi (Wireless Display) has also been removed. Both features are strongly missed as I use them more or less on a daily basis. Has anyone found a working solution to any or both of them? If so please advise

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

A:X220 - Missing features in Windows 10 after upgrad...

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure about the widi, but I got the battery gauge in my X220 Tablet installed via ThinkVantage System Update, which can be downloaded from this link: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X220-Missing-features-in-Windows-10-after-upgrade/td-p/3372876
Relevancy 52.46%

Just upgraded to Q2002 from Q2000. An important feature in the reporting option seems to be missing. If I form a report such as "how much did I spend on medical" I get a list of all the various doctors but I do not get subtotals for each of the doctors (this is just an example). Subtotaling was a feature on Q2000 that now seems to be missing on 2002. It does not make sense that Intuit would remove features so I was wondering if there was an alternate way to get the subtotals back.

Doug Silver
Los Angeles

A:Quicken 2002 missing report features?

That is a puzzle. I'm still using Quicken 2001 Deluxe and it does have the subtotals. I hope somebody can help you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quicken-2002-missing-report-features.63385/
Relevancy 52.46%

Wish to uninstall programs but the only tabs present in programs and features are the "organize" and "view" tabs. there are no "uninstall", "change" or "repair" commands.Where have the "uninstall" etc. command tabs gone to and how do I get them back?message edited by Oleneygah

A:uninstall tab missing from programs and features in vista

I came across this problem a while ago and eventually found it was an issue with a corrupted registry so the first thing to try, if it's only recently happened, is a System Restore. If that doesn't work then the only option I found was to use a 3rd party uninstaller like Revo or possibly CCleaner (though I suspect the latter uses the same registry entries so may not work). You may find that it's only older programs that have the problem, newer ones will probably still have the option and programs you reinstall or install fresh will also be ok. I suspect it's one of the joys of Vista."I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floydmessage edited by johnr

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/uninstall-tab-missing-from-programs-and-features-in-vista/13464.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I uninstalled my Norotn Security Suite to replace it with another free anti-virus app Well anyway after using the Norton removal tool to uninstall the security suite my taskbar is now missing the arrowrs that hide icons that are not being used usally consisted of the remove hardware icon green icon with arrow speaker icon and others I cant recall I ve tried to get back this feature on my taskbar from reconfiguring the taskbar in the control panel to hide inactive icons On the sounds and after ? uninstall taskbar features missing on Norton audio devices in the control panel I have a check mark in the quot place volume icon on taskbar quot its a speaker icon that is no longer present also the arrows that allow you to see these icons do not appear After many reboots and trying alot of differant troubleshoot methods no joy Iam one of those that this missing features on taskbar after Norton uninstall ? will drive crazy till I get it back I ran the quot SFC scannow quot for those who are not familar it the system file checker and it scans your PC with the installation CD in the DVD-ROM and it suppose to replace any Windows Files that are not in their orginial location and configuration I do not want to do a repair installation because I will lose all of my Windows Updates My O S in WindowsXP Pro SP MCE Please help missing features on taskbar after Norton uninstall ? me now when I want to remove the kids Ipods I cannot use the safely remove harware icon since its not there Thanks to Those in Advace Who Try and Help Nick

A:missing features on taskbar after Norton uninstall ?

Uninstalling Norton wont do that, have you gone into MS Config at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297168/missing-features-on-taskbar-after-norton-uninstall/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just got an Acer Aspire netbook with w7 starter. Although I plan on using it for just the basics, Im told that 7 Starter doesn't different backgrounds, DVD playback (via an external DVD drive, which I'd have to buy), and Windows media layer.

My question: What do I need to run Windows 7 home? OR can I achieve what I mentioned above without upgrading?

what I got:
intel atom N270
1gb memory
storage: 160GB HDD

-I don't know much about this little computer, but I got a day or two to take it back of it wont do the job. Any advice would be great.

A:windows 7 starter upgrade?? missing features question

Going to give this a bump. No one is willing to give me even a little help? that's cold :P

-I got more feedback in the Auto thread over what I drove, than actual computer related tech advice lol

I'll admit to being computer dumb, but show me some love. Who knows, your car might break and you'll need tech advice..?? (and it just so happens Im a tech). Help me and I'll return the favor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-starter-upgrade-missing-features-question-448183.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello dear community nbsp Long story short I have a HP ProBook s and yesterday I manually upgraded it with the tool provided by MS from Windows Pro to Windows Pro Everything went fine and smooth and Windows upgrade ProBook 4520s 10 a after features on Missing it works perfectly good so far The problem is that some of the features of the laptop don't work anymore Here are a few examples Missing features on a ProBook 4520s after Windows 10 upgrade - Missing features on a ProBook 4520s after Windows 10 upgrade scroll option on the touchpad- built-in camera- some of the FN buttons like the one for screen brightness while others such as the volume and e-mail work nbsp My reasoning is that it's either missing some drivers or these functions are somehwat not compatible with the new OS it's a year-old PC after all but I might be wrong I would love to hear some suggestions and opinions on this nbsp If anyone needs my full specs here there are nbsp Operating System nbsp nbsp Windows Pro -bit nbsp nbsp CPU nbsp nbsp Intel Core i M GHz nbsp C nbsp nbsp Arrandale nm Technology nbsp nbsp RAM nbsp nbsp GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - nbsp nbsp Motherboard nbsp nbsp Hewlett-Packard CPU nbsp nbsp Graphics nbsp nbsp Generic PnP Monitor x Hz nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series HP nbsp nbsp Storage nbsp nbsp GB Western Digital Black nbsp WDC WD X X- SJVT SSD nbsp C nbsp nbsp Optical Drives nbsp DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device nbsp hp DVDRAM GT L nbsp nbsp Audio nbsp nbsp AMD High Definition Audio Device nbsp Thank you for reading Any tips and comments are appreciated nbsp Cap Solved View Solution

A:Missing features on a ProBook 4520s after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello, I had the same problem yesterday after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After searching the web I found this solution (source: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01114052#SelectiveUpdate) which worked for me:      Step 4: Selectively update the imaging device driverIf a webcam driver is recognized after running the scan for new hardware in Device Manager, verify it is the latest version of the driver. note:If there is an HP webcam driver on the product page for your model and OS, use that driver, otherwise use the Microsoft USB Video Device driver.In the Device Manager, under Imaging Devices, expand the list of webcam drivers, right-click the webcam driver, and then select Properties.Figure : Webcam PropertiesMake a note of the existing name of the webcam driver (Example: HP Webcam), as it may change after the update.On the Webcam Properties window, select Update Driver....When prompted, select the option to Browse the computer for desired driver.When prompted, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.De-select the Show compatible hardware checkbox, select Microsoft in the Manufacturer pane, select USB Video Device in the Model pane, and then click Next to install the desired webcam driver.Allow the installation of the USB Video Device, and then click Close.View the Imaging devices option in the Device Manager to verify the presence of a webcam driver.   Hope this works for you too. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Missing-features-on-a-ProBook-4520s-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5174832
Relevancy 52.03%

Found a lot of other posts all over the internet suggesting malware scans SFC Scannow even chkdsk But none of my Items from Control features are Programs Panel/ MISSING and these people got their issue resolved and all ended up reinstalling the OS My programs work fine but they are not listed in Control Panel Programs and features I can even uninstall them by manually browsing to c program files lt name of software gt uninst exe or whatever the name of the uninstaller is Then after uninstalling Items are MISSING from my Control Panel/ Programs and features the above way if I reinstall the same software again the name of the software shows up in Items are MISSING from my Control Panel/ Programs and features my Control Panel Programs and features I have about programs installed and Control Panel Programs and features lists only now it was listing even less but I got a few back after manually uninstalling reinstalling don't have the patience to reinstall all the programs I have Short of performing a factory reset F at startup and then launch HP Complete Recovery or booting up from the recovery disks I created when I got the computer is there something that can be done to fix this issue The computer I'm using is HP Envy K TX touchscreen version and it's running Windows Home bit If you need the entire configuration CPU RAM etc ask me not posting cause I don't think this matters My OS was pre-installed on the computer when I purchased it and I've never ran a registry optimizer application I can system restore but I have no idea when the problem started Arbitrarily restoring to earlier dates is gonna be time consuming and probably futile Is there a way to force Windows to re-create the Control Panel Programs and features list Thanks for your time PS few things that are installed but not shown Assassins Creed Syndicate FlightGear Flight Simulator Auslogix disk defrag Evil Within CPU-Z Open Hardware Monitor HD Sentinel Pro Stellarium Utorrent etc They are all present in program files and they all run fine

A:Items are MISSING from my Control Panel/ Programs and features

Let's see if the entries actually exist or not...please run the following command by holding down the windows key and press R, pasting the following code into the box, and pressing enter:
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" /s > Desktop\UninstallKey.txt && notepad Desktop\UnistallKey.txt
A notepad should open with text already in it. Please copy and paste that text into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611996/items-are-missing-from-my-control-panel-programs-and-features/
Relevancy 52.03%

As the tittle says, my search box is missing and the box at turn Windows features on or off is checked, I don?t not what else to do I tried restoring and it dint work. By the way I don?t have windows 7 cd because my computer was pre-loaded so I don?t have the disc.

Ill be glad if someone can help me

Thanks.

A:search box missing ( turn windows features on or off's box cheked)

Hi Yucali

To save me time typing try this site. Windows Search - Turn On or Off It may help.............Let me know.

Abedrax

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147710-search-box-missing-turn-windows-features-offs-box-cheked.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Just like the title says, when I click the detail view, it only shows Name and Size. Don't even know how this happened, is there anyway to fix this?

A:Programs and Features missing installed date column

Hi Xirw If you right-click on the columns, you should have a context menu displaying various column names and whether they are enabled (checked) or not (not checked). Just check the "Installed date" in that menu and the column will appear.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582102/programs-and-features-missing-installed-date-column/
Relevancy 51.6%

Upgraded to Win 10 and am trying to change settings
don't use Outlook and don't want it - how to change default mail program; it has my address book, contacts, calendar, etc

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/44927-dont-use-outlook-mail-any-its-features.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Good afternoon!

With my PC Dell supplied Audio! The program worked very well on windows 8.1, but today it's upgrade to windows 10 and the program has stopped working! Rather, it runs, but works partially (screenshots). Please help, what do I do? (My computer: DELL XPS 8700)

A:XPS 8700, Windows 10, Realtek Maxx Audio Pro features missing?

Here is how to fix the problem and go back to your old Realtek HD audio driver on the XPS 8700.  This will restore the Maxx Audio Pro feature.
* Open the Control Panel and select System* Click on Advanced System Settings (on the left)* Click on the Hardware Tab* Click on "Device Installation Settings" and then click on "No, Let me choose what to do" and "Never install driver software from Windows Update". Click Save Changes. This step is important or else Windows Updates will always write over the Windows 8.1 driver* Open the Control Panel- Programs and Features and select the Realtek Audio Driver and uninstall it* Restart the system* Install the Windows 8.1 Realtek audio driverXPS-8700_Audio_Driver_N4TKF_WN_6.0.1.7016_A00.EXE* Restart the system. Be sure to select your Realtek Audio as default audio device if you have more than one device on your computer
This worked for me.  Let me know if you have any questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19643322
Relevancy 50.74%

When I click on New E-mail the screen opens. There are six items on the ribbon. Clipboard, Basic Text, Names, Include, Tags and Zoom. Three of these are shaded gray and do not function. They are Clipboard, Basic Text and Zoom. The other three (Names, Include, & Tags) are highlighted and work fine. How can I get the gray shaded functions to work?
Thanks and God Bless
Papa359

Relevancy 50.74%

1. In Groupwise, you can go to your sent items folder and there are columns showing whether the sent email has been Opened, Deleted, and Replied by the recipient.

2. Also, you can also delete/retract sent email from the recipients inbox if they have not read the email yet.

Are these available in Exchange/Outlook?

A:Are these Groupwise features in Exchange/Outlook 2010?

I used Groupwise with a previous employer and remebre that.
The answer:
for 2. is I don't think so, you can however when you open a sent message under options choose to resend or recall the unread message and if it's still unread it will be recalled and detelde, you'll receive notification if it was successful or not.
1. No as far as I know not possible. haven't seen the oprion myself, but at the offecie we are one or two versions behind 2010 and don't know what options are available.
Have you tried the Miscrosoft site for information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-groupwise-features-in-exchange-outlook-2010.986114/
Relevancy 50.74%

we have users within our company using the delay delivery feature in outlook 2010 when the users are meant to be at one of our remote office(s), but they have gone home. We want to stop users using this feature, is this possible?

A:Outlook 2010 -Restrict user use on certain features

Hi MJT2014. welcome to the forums.

How-To Delay, Defer or Schedule Delivery Of Outlook 2010 Email Items

adjust security settings in outlook for each person involved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/321069-outlook-2010-restrict-user-use-certain-features.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Can't sync iPas/iPod with Outlook

I have an iPad 2 and Outlook 2003. Outlook won't sync with my iPad..

However, they will sync on another computer. Then I can clear the iPad calendar and then sync to main computer but the old calendar info syncs.

Outlook/ my computer seem to be holding on to the old calendar info in some kind of cache.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-sync-ipas-ipod-with-outlook-i-have-an-ipad-2-and-outlook-2003-outlook-wont-s.997821/
Relevancy 49.88%

Using Outlook 2003, Part of MS Office Professional Edition 2003, which has the capability of having multiple, separate & complete email addresses, each functioning in their own profile.

E.g. I open Outlook and it gives me a drop-down box to choose which email I want to go to, say email1 or email2.

Email1 has 2 "Contacts" areas defined.
1st problem is how to combine and synch these two. I don't want two.

Email2 as 1 "Contacts" area.
2nd problem is to combine the contacts from Email1 with Email2.

I thought these were *.pab files, but a search for *.pab comes up empty.
I do find multiple *.pst files

Any suggestions?

A:Help with Contacts Merge in Outlook 2003,Part of MS Office Professional Edition 2003

Oh, and I need tips on how to make SURE I've got the existing stuff backed up before I mess with anything. This isn't my computer I'm working on, and there are 4000 contacts involved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-contacts-merge-in-outlook-2003-part-of-ms-office-professional-edition-2003.405337/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I have a laser jet printer HP 2015. If i print email recd. with excel embedded cells in Landscape mode from a XP OS / Outlook 2003 / Excel 2003, the contents are fully printed.

But if i print the same email in landscape mode from Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Outlook 2003 / Excel 2003, the contents are not printed in full, i.e the last 3 to 4 columns of excel embedded cells are not printed.

Pl. help.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/landscape-printing-vista-home-outlook-2003-and-excel-2003.954065/
Relevancy 49.45%

I installed Exchange Server for one of my clients and they re really happy with it the only problem I m having is sharing calendars between some people the CEO s assistant wishes in Exchange 2003 2003 and Outlook Trouble calendars sharing to create a company-wide calendar on Trouble sharing calendars in Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 her Outlook and share it with the rest of the company without having to share her personal Trouble sharing calendars in Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 quot default quot calendar I created a new calendar folder under her mailbox and named it quot Company Calendar quot I right-clicked on it and shared it giving everyone Editor or Reviewer rights depending on the person the problem comes when I go to open a shared calendar in someone else s Outlook if I look up the assistant s name it will give a message saying it can t find the quot Calendar quot folder but that folder isn t shared because that s her personal calendar can anyone help me share a different calendar other than her default quot Calendar quot Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-sharing-calendars-in-exchange-2003-and-outlook-2003.801989/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I am having issues with Word and Outlook 2003. I just upgraded them from 2000 and now I am running into a couple of issues. Help!

Microsoft Word 2003
- Can't highlight or select an area on my Word page with my mouse. I can use my keyboard, but that becomes quite annoying as you can imagine.

Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Can't highlight or select an area on my page with my mouse. I can use my keyboard, but that becomes quite annoying as you can imagine.
- Can't open Word document attachments only. I can open excel, pdf, etc..., but not Word.

I have restarted my pc, reinstalled office 2003, erased the normal.dot profile, removed the 11.0\Word\Data registry and no luck. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Can't highlight in Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. Can't open Word 2003 attachments.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-highlight-in-word-2003-and-outlook-2003-cant-open-word-2003-attachments.1025446/
Relevancy 49.02%

One of my systems out of four Spellcheck with 365 apps features extra Word/Outlook (2016) Office that all have recently about weeks back been completely reloaded for Office including a full run of the MS uninstaller app first now has a feature that Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features many people have asked for but MS has yet to restore On this one system spellcheck works in a way I Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features have never seen and I would LOVE to get the same functionality onto the other systems if possible In our office ONE other person out of also seems to have lucked out and gotten the same setup but no one else has This is Office Business installing the App package All users have the same option which is Office Insider Slow Ver build The spellcheck feature I am seeing like this is in the desktop software not the Cloud version On the one quot special quot copy Spellcheck has become a much More useful and handy option Any misspelled word is underlined in the usual red squiggly line but after that right clicking it brings up many new options to correct It has the usual suggested correct spellings - but - now each of them is accompanied by a short dictionary-like definition of the word when spelled that way PLUS they each have another black arrow that if clicked offers to read the word aloud and more important offers to make that spelling of the word into an Auto-correct option Right There No need to jump through all the usual hoops to get it added This same 'feature' also works in Word and all the other Office Desktop Apps on that one system I have tried to check everything i can find that would indicate any new or different version of anything but cannot find a single change that is different between it and the other three systems my email address is licensed on Nor can i find anything in Windows configs that is different I have nothing in common with the one other person who also somehow ended up with this new setup either This actions look a little like a grammar check but isn't Words that are spelled correctly but are not the right word for the sentence as used are underlined in a double blue line which can be clicked to get the same options along with their definitions I have asked in several MS forums about this but gotten no replies to answer the mystery I did run across a few posts from people asking MS to restore the option for adding the quot auto correct quot direct from the right click on the misspelled word as it used to be Also a statement from MS that this was a planned FIX to happen this year I dont want to scrub too deeply on the one system as i am afraid this new feature will stop working and I dont want to lose it If anyone else has seen this and knows what it is or how to control it I would surely like to know how to activate it on my other systems

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68261-office-365-2016-apps-word-outlook-spellcheck-extra-features.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am at a users desk as we speak. Using Outlook 2003.

When I sent an email to myself or anyone in the GAL for that matter, the email remains in the outbox for 30 secs plus. If I click another folder the email sends immediately. If do not click on a folder it can take up to the before mentioned 30 secs plus.

I have checked DNS/WINS, and all are correct.

Any ideas?

A:Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003, Messages stuck

Having same problem

Have you got any feedback as of yet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exchange-2003-outlook-2003-messages-stuck.20419/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there,
I want to push specific data from a selected contact in Outlook 2003 to a predefined Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The scenario is that I want a naive user to enter data into a new contact in outlook be able to push a button and insert that data into a quotation that exists as a excel file. The data that I am interested in moving includes.

Title
First name
Last Name
Company
Address Fields
Telephone Number

I have already created the spreadsheet based Quotation form in a file called Quote.xls. I have not named the individual cells at present just having the Name in Cell B1 The company in B2 and the address fields in B3 to B7.

I have done some macro and VBA programming in Excel, but have little or no experience in using Outlook macros.

Any help/suggestions/solutions gratefully received.

Regards

Michael

Relevancy 49.02%

I am looking for help in writing a macro that will do the following With Excel open and the current workbook open The macro should be able to save variables from the current spreadsheet Task or 2003 Excel help Outlook Macro 2003 some text a value and a date The Outlook 2003 or Excel 2003 Task Macro help macro should open up Outlook as a task attach the current workbook In the Subject field of the task it should add the user s name then the attached spreadsheet s filename then the text variable then the value variable and finally the date Also it would be great if the Priority of the task could be set to High and the Start and Due dates set to calendar days before the date variable Finally the macro would set a list of people the task is assigned to The macro should NOT save the task as a check would need to be done manually I have tried unsuccessfully to write a macro in Outlook as I cannot seem to access the attachment filename or any data from the file I have tried a macro in Excel which I can create a task and add some text to the Subject of the task but with no real progress on the attachment I have tried searching the net for help but a lot of code for Outlook is for the mail side of things rather than tasks and the little code snippets I have found have been of limited use I have limited skills in programming Visual Basic and C so quite prepared to get my use code which does similar things nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-or-excel-2003-task-macro-help.788983/
Relevancy 49.02%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 49.02%

For the past two weeks I have noticed that hyperlinks placed in email I am sending are being stripped by Outlook. I use Word 2003 as the email editor. I can write an email, insert (or have automatically convered) emails but if I either send or save those emails, the hyperlinks are removed. The problem does not occur if I use Outlook's email editor.

I have made no setting changes on my system, except moving from XPSP2 beta to XPSP2 Final.

A:Word 2003 hyperlinks stripped in Outlook 2003

Security by MS turned on by default in the final version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-hyperlinks-stripped-in-outlook-2003.263784/
Relevancy 49.02%

This issue has been driving me crazy for weeks now Outlook Not / Exchange Rules 2003 / Running 2003 OS is XP Pro SP I work for a large ISP here in Atlanta We get e-mails from vendors peers customers internal departments etc all the time I have to keep them in separate personal folders so I can easily sort them and because we have very limited mailbox space on the Exchange server Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 / Rules Not Running I Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003 / Rules Not Running easily get e-mails a day I currently have rules setup The first are server side rules deleting a lot of crap that I just don t need Those server side rules run just fine automatically The other rules are client side because they are the ones moving e-mails to personal folders The first two work fine automatically They are Code Apply this rule after the message arrives with XXX in the subject move it to the XXX folder and stop processing more rules and Code Apply this rule after the message arrives with XXX in the recipient's address move it to the XXX folder and stop processing more rules quot XXX quot being work related terms addresses however none of the rest of the rules will run automatically If I run them manually they work just fine The next rule after the two above is Code Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'Read ' or 'read ' in the subject move it to the B U Read Receipts U B folder and stop processing more rules and so on and so forth Every rule has the quot and stop processing more rules quot on the end Now I can go through and delete them all and start adding them in again and they ll run automatically just fine for a while Then just stop and start behaving like above I m aware of the k rule limit I ve kept the name of the rules small and tried to make them as efficient as possible I don t think I ve hit the k limit I didn t get any error message when saving rules Why are the last not running automatically Hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,

Has anybody come across this error "Calendaring agent failed with error code 0x80150856 while saving appointment.". This appears in application log files in exchange server 2003. Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-outlook-2003-exchange-server-2003.496518/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have automatic Windows Update on each day but it will not update for OutLook 2003 and Office 2003 including Security Updates. Help?

Jerry Ryan
Gulf Breeze, Florida

A:Failing to Update for Office 2003 & OutLook 2003

Jerry: Go to Start>Windows Update. At the site you will see Update to Microsoft Update. if you have not already done this, do it now.
If you update to Microsoft Update, then both your Office product updates and other updates will be listed when you click Custom updates.
It's a good idea to do this periodicaly, even if you have Automatic Updates checked, because there may be hardware drivers on your system that need updated. Automatic updates will give you both Office and Critical updates for your computer, but not Hardware updated.s.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failing-to-update-for-office-2003-outlook-2003.541235/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am having an issue where the windows features under Internet Information Services/World Wide Web Services/Application Development Features will not install.  Specifically those which are clicked on when one clicks on ASP.NET.  All necessary versions
of ASP.NET are installed.  IIS 7 is installed.
In the Event Log there are two errors which are shown in conjunction with this problem.
1. Unable to install counter strings because the SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ASP.NET_64\Performance key could not be opened or accessed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the Win32 error code.
The error code is: 020000000E0E0000
2. Installing the performance counter strings for service ASP.NET_64 (ASP.NET_64) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.
The error code is: 02000000C9120000
I am thinking that the performace key is somehow not accessable due to some security feature.

A:Turn Windows Features on or off Application Development Features

Andre,
I appreciate the replies, but it has nothing to do with running as administrator.
I solved the problem by turning IIS off all together and reinstalling it with the features I needed.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d711ecd1-620c-473c-af39-e607bbe2ec18/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-application-development-features?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi folks!
Weird issue here. WHen I have an Excel spreadsheet open at the same time as Outlook, I try to copy and paste a portion of the spreadsheet to a new Outlook message. But as soon as I click on "New Mail Message"....Outlook stays open, but Excel closes immediately and what I copied to the clipboard isn't there any more.
I tried this on a second computer and it seems to work fine.
Any ideas on why this is happening on this one computer?

You people provide a wealth of information!!!

A:Outlook 2003 / Excel 2003 issue

Have you tried to perform a Detect and Repair to see if that resolves the issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-excel-2003-issue.743917/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi All I am beginning to think this is impossible but I have spent the last days or Outlook (XP) Help! 2003 Outlook - (W8)? to Express 2003 so getting really fed up with W My Outlook Express 2003 (XP) to Outlook 2003 (W8)? - Help! lovely old XP is dying so I thought I would upgrade big mistake However I have managed to get around all the problems it has thrown Outlook Express 2003 (XP) to Outlook 2003 (W8)? - Help! at me I was just tidying up the homescreen when I espied an Outlook icon I installed Office on the W PC I really only need Excel Word and Powerpoint and that version is good enough The only problem I have now with W is that it will not work with a POP email account I know I know but there is a work around that I managed to do using a GMail account and that is okay I guess However as Excel etc seem to work fine I wondered whether I could run Outlook on the new PC even though it is running W I got quite far I set up the account okay but when I tried to import my old emails it told me it could not open the folder I am wondering if this is because it searches for a file location that does not exist at least that is what I found in the guts of Outlook but equally I could have made a schoolboy error and it will work it is just I am doing something wrong Would be grateful for any help but don't point me to the MS solution because I have tried that and it does not work Perhaps it is not compatible but it seems odd that Excel and Word etc work okay Thanks Rob S

A:Outlook Express 2003 (XP) to Outlook 2003 (W8)? - Help!

Hi there
try this - it DOES work so I'm not sure why you are having problems - but follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Outlook Express to Outlook 2007/Windows 7 - Microsoft Community

If you have any problems post again - I've got OE on a Windows 2003 server Virtual machine with Office installed so I'll have a test with 2 or 3 emails to check the procedure.

(You can backup your Outlook 2003/2010/2007) files with pfbkup.exe outlook backup program from the ms site so save your existing outlook files , delete etc and then do exactly what the ms post says --you can then re-import your original outlook files again by opening the backup file created).

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/32781-outlook-express-2003-xp-outlook-2003-w8-help.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have some users on Outlook 2003.
Here is the situation: When he opens outlook it automatically opens with the Outlook Today window. That is fine. But after he moves around and goes to the Inbox and then clicks on the Tasks. When he clicks on mail again he wants to go back to the Outlook today window.
He says he has done this on his home Outlook but can't remember how he did it.
Is there a way to do this.
I have played around but could not find a setting.
Any help would be great.

A:Outlook 2003 - Always move back to Outlook Today (Personal Folder)

All I do is click on the very top "Personal Folders" and it takes me back to Outlook Today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-always-move-back-to-outlook-today-personal-folder.508720/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just put in a new hard reading 2003 folders Move not not 2007 from successful; Outlook to certain Outlook drive and installed the latest version of Office I kept the data and archive files from Outlook so I could import them into Outlook and get back to business However that did not happen It was able to read and bring up most of the data but I am missing some folders which are critical The critical folders are folders that were created manually They were used to store email messages that came in that were important They were simply dragged from the Inbox and put into that folder There were also folders within that folder I m not sure if these folders and subfolders were in the Inbox or not They may not have been The way I imported it was by going to TOOLS gt ACCOUNT SETTINGS gt DATA FILES tab gt and pointed to the old PST file I also pointed to the archive pst file as well but later went to FILE gt ARCHIVE and pointed to the Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders old archive pst file in there Bot ways did not reveal the folders that are needed Is Outlook not able to read all data from Outlook pst files or is there a fix for this Please advise nbsp

A:Move from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 not successful; not reading certain folders

I purchased a new Notebook with Office 2007 installed and copied over my Outlook 2000 pst file. I also had manually created folders for filing important emails. Mine were sub folders within the Inbox folder. Everything copied over, but I could not see the manual folders at first until I double clicked the Inbox folder in the side panel and then they spilled out. I would look for them in that panel and double click anything there starting with Inbox, Sent etc. Also try doing a search for any subject or address of an email you may have saved.

When copying over the pst file I think everything is copied. Appears you did not just copy contacts for example, but the complete pst file. I think the folders are there as Sub Folders, just hidden within one of the main folders such as Inbox.
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-2007-not-successful-not-reading-certain-folders.580711/
Relevancy 46.87%

I can't open Outlook 2003 to get my email and the error message I get says: "errors have been detected in the C:\Users\Sparky\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst." THe error message goes on to say to use the "Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe)
to diagnose and repair errors in the file." 
I cannot find my outlook.pst nor the scanpst.exe files. 
Got online and tried 4 different suggestions and none worked. Would anyone please have suggestions? I want to upgrade my OS & Office, but don't know if my files will be retained or not. Thank you to anyone who can help. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/294ac00f-afc4-473f-a6be-1b85f52882f8/unable-to-open-outlook-2003-on-vista-home-premium-amp-cant-find-outlook-pst-file?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 46.87%

We are using Exchange Server Some staff in our executive branch have brand Sharing 2007 Outlook with calendar users 2003 Outlook new laptops lucky guys with Office Of They are creating calendars which need to be shared with other employees most of which are running only Outlook OL Calendar s are Sharing Outlook 2007 calendar with Outlook 2003 users made and invites sent for specific calendars to specific groups of users IE Regional Sales Mgr creates several supplemental quot events quot calenders he wants to share with his different teams Calendars ---Default Corporate Dist Dist Dist Region Group ---DistGrp DistGrp DistGrp Permissions ---Dist calender -- gt DistGrp ---Dist calendar -- gt DistGrp ---Dist calendar -- gt DistGrp ---Region -- gt DistGrp DistGrp DistGrp All OL users get an email with a link to Microsoft explaining how to open shared calendars Off users get the icon to click and open specified calendar OL user then follows MS instructions and pulls up the Off user s default calendar with no option to open or even locate any other calender Is there something lacking here Anyone have any work-a-rounds for OL users to open a shared calendar other than the default or main calendar of an OFF user Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-outlook-2007-calendar-with-outlook-2003-users.766056/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am upgrading from Outlook 2000 to 2003 and am experiencing problems in keeping the automatic formatting of my PST files, I have not yet imported the Rules... is this the reason? What should I do to ensure that alla te formatting of the "old" PST are kept in the "new" ones?

MANY CIAOS & GRAZIES

Gilberto

Relevancy 46.87%

whatever i try to do on my outlook that has to do with PST file management results in a crash where outlook quits - below the event log on one circumstance if i go to control panel gt mail settings gt data files of the files that are in use amp work do not show up one of them the default mail delivery PST in these two trying to access the advanced properties gives an error The operation crashes operation outlook 2003 outlook (win7-64) any .PST file - failed An object could not outlook 2003 - any .PST file operation crashes outlook (win7-64) be found now - general googling tells me that recreating the profile could perhaps fix this - but i would love to avoid that as there's no manageable UI to set up the email accounts and there's many in use any suggestions any way of backing up email accounts but not the other things pertaining to the profile event log on trying to open a pre-existing PST that's outlook 2003 - any .PST file operation crashes outlook (win7-64) not in the current profile Faulting application name OUTLOOK EXE version time stamp x f e Faulting module name msmapi dll version time stamp x afa Exception code xc Fault offset x ffccf Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccc f b b b Faulting application path C Program Files x Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE Faulting module path C Program Files x Common Files System MSMAPI msmapi dll Report Id b bb - - e - b- e c fab

A:outlook 2003 - any .PST file operation crashes outlook (win7-64)

Hello zdoe,

Just a hasty fly by...

* Have you always had this problem on Win 7?

* Have you a System Restore point you can return to PRIOR to the current problem?

* Have you tried the Outlook Repair Facility?

* Have you uninstalled /reinstalled?

FYI.
A mixed bag of links for you to peruse.

pst file Corrupted - Repair

Outlook PST File Repair - Troubleshooting Microsoft Outlook

Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost) - Outlook - Office.com

How can I search for my .OST file (Outlook2003, Win7)

mapi32.dll Error installing Outlook 2003 on win 7, 64bit - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/204928-outlook-2003-any-pst-file-operation-crashes-outlook-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone,

At work we have outlook 2003 and I cannot upgrade that computer, at home I have recently upgraded to outlook 2007 but it left me with a little problem.

I use tasks to delegate jobs out to my team and I have it set up so categories are in fact their names. I used to send task requests with the name of the employee in the category section and when it arrived in the work inbox someone would accept the task and it would immediately go into that particular employees task category.

Now I have 2007 Outlook and although I have set categories up as they used to be (employee names) the task request gets accepted (at work) and instead of going under the employee name it goes into it's own category with no specific category.

Can anyone tell me (short of going back to outlook 2003) how to solve this issue?

Thanks

g4ztfa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-task-request-to-outlook-2003-issues.946042/
Relevancy 46.87%

We've purchased a new laptop and are using Office 07 now, Windows XP, instead of the old office 03. Regarding Outlook, when I tried to save the old .pst file(Outlook 03) and then import old emails and contacts, the emails imported very easily into Outlook 07. However, none of the contacts were imported. Is there a simple way to export or save Outlook 2003 contacts to a file that can then be imported into Outlook 2007 on a separate computer??

Thanks

Gene

A:Trouble transferring Outlook 2003 contacts to Outlook 2007

Export the old contact as a .CSV file and then re-import into the new installation.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-transferring-outlook-2003-contacts-to-outlook-2007.633428/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi It is a small but annoying problem I upgrade my Office program suite to Office professional I selected the upgrade option on the installation CD I first selected to upgrade the regular Office software Words Excel Outlook Access etc After this first installation I noticed that I had Outlook icons in my start programs the Outlook icon and the Outlook icon I then installed Frontpage and the Outlook 2000 to after Outlook files Residual Outlook 2003 upgrade Icon was replaced by an anonymous exe program icon When I clicked on this icon I got a message saying that this icon only works with an installed application So I thought it was only a residual icon and I deleted Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003 it Where is the bug Well next to my user logon on Window XP I get a message that I have unread e-mail When I open Outlook there are no unread e-mails I tried to import e-mails from other applications and I got an e-mail that Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003 had been received on Outlook A welcome to Outlook Version message The problem is that this message keeps reappearing from time to time and I always get this message saying that I have unread e-mail which I cannot see on Outlook I know I still have some Outlook files on my C drive but I cannot delete them because the system then tells me that the files cannot be deleted because they are used by an application Questions -How can I remove completely the Outlook Version from my system It is not listed in the Control Panel add remove program list -If not removing the Outlook files is there a way to make them inactive or to set Outlook such that it receives automatically all e-mails from the other unused e-mail systems I also have Outlook Express but I do not use it and it does not seem to cause any problem so far nbsp

A:Residual Outlook 2000 files after upgrade to Outlook 2003

not a complete answer for you, but to get rid of that annoying "Unread message" at the logon screen see this to turn out via the registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304148/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/residual-outlook-2000-files-after-upgrade-to-outlook-2003.416189/
Relevancy 46.87%

Most of my users are on Outlook 2003, but some are on Outlook 2007. When a 2007 user uses the scheduling assistant to try and set a meeting, the message appears No Information. No free/busy information could be retrieved.

Note: a 2003 user can see the other 2003 user's schedule.

Is this something that needs to be set at the Exchange level? How do I resolve?

All users are on Windows XP SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-outlook-2003-schedule-when-requesting-a-meeting-in-outlook-2007.845123/
Relevancy 46.87%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 46.87%

I used to be happy with Works 2002 calendar reminders. They came on at startup without the program being on. Now I have Outlook 2003 and the reminders only work whem the program is on. Does anyone know how to automatically turn them on at startup without the rest of the program.

A:Outlook 2003 calendar reminders don't work without Outlook being turned on.

outlook needs to be up and running.

drag it into the startup folder, reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-calendar-reminders-dont-work-without-outlook-being-turned-on.418199/
Relevancy 46.87%

Recently a customer of the company I work for did some upgrade to their system (not exactly sure what). The result is that when they send a mail containing a hyperlink to file on their website, the link doesn't work.
When you hover over the link you should get something like 'https//thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
However, what we actually get on Outlook 2003 is 'outbind://39-00000000C176F3FF67E6754394476777057BDCA60700071475F5FEB9AC4FABB3D7C8EE9381620000007059
EB000088DD1DB25534C84FACDD47289A5756BB000000B81C170000/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
On mac mail it looks like this 'x-msg://24/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.

The links work fine on Outlook 2010. Any idea what's happening here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-hyperlinks-not-working-on-outlook-2003-or-mac-mail.1061245/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been using the beta version of Office 2007 til it expired last month and during that time exported a back up of Outlook (contacts, calendar etc) to My Docs.
Not all that fussed with the '07 Office suite, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled Office 2002 but when I try to import the pst file to this earlier version of Outlook, it tellss me that it is not compatible and to contact the Administrator (me!).

If I cannot work around this somehow I intend laying on the railway tracks quite shortly as life without my files will no longer have any meaning to me!

I guess as a last resort I can download the latest trial of 2007 Office and see if that will let me re-import the backed up pst file but what a drama!